How does she afford all this stuff?
hey g what should i name my new hard drive
What are you working on, /g/?
Previous thread: >>61359546
Let's all love Lain.
Post your Lains, also recommend /g/ related shows.
my friends and I just set up a shitty PT so we can share out home media libs. the first upload was all of SEL from my homie ;_; he's a good man.
Why android can`t be upgraded like Linux or windows? Why there is major release every year whic doesn't support all the phones? Even new windows or linux can be installed for most of the computers.
Android has a massive hardware fragmentation problem due to:
> most companies not using pure Android, they make their own bloated version, so updating it depends on the company, and not on Google
> Hardware is too diverse. Some smartphones use Snapdragon, others use MediaTek, Exynos or Nvidia Tegra. So, no drivers for you!
Apple, on the other side, has total control on their hardware, they make their own CPUs, and in 2 years they will be making their own GPUs as well (then AMD will stop being the only company that makes GPU and CPU). That's the reason 5 year old iOS devices are still getting updated (the 64-bit ones will probably get past the 5 year support).
The short answer is because most of the components of a phone are bespoke and only supported by proprietary drivers. Really shitty proprietary drivers, too, it's not uncommon for ARM SoC vendors to support only a handful of absolutely ancient (like, 3.18 and older) kernel versions with their custom shit.
I wanna get this but why are the specs so bad, 3gb ram lmao
Something something buy my gimmick good goy.
Hi, everyone !
Do you know where can I get the videos of LCTHW ?
I just installed Arch Linux, and I was wondering what's everyones favorite favorite desktop environment, tools, and personalization options for this amazing distribution? I'm currently using KDE4 w/ Plasma but I want to try out other options.
Should I purchase the i7 7700k for my RX480
4GB ??? Or reconsider
Does anyone else wish we could go back in time a decade or two with software complexity? The amount of documentation and obscure settings for modern software is getting ridiculous. For example, does anyone even have a clue as to what even 1/4 of the options in Firefox's about:config do? But if you're concerned about your privacy and security you need to know which ones to change from the default. Also, modern mainstream software that is "simple" because it just hides all the options from the user is still complex.
those were the daysfloat Q_rsqrt( float number )
float x2, y;
const float threehalfs = 1.5F;
x2 = number * 0.5F;
y = number;
i = * ( long * ) &y; // evil floating point bit level hacking
i = 0x5f3759df - ( i >> 1 ); // what the fuck?
y = * ( float * ) &i;
y = y * ( threehalfs - ( x2 * y * y ) ); // 1st iteration
// y = y * ( threehalfs - ( x2 * y * y ) ); // 2nd iteration, this can be removed
Previous thread: >>61351268
Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***
Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.
If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.
Your friendly neighborhood search engine.
$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ help %command%
$ %command% -h
$ %command% --help
Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%
Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
>What distro should I choose?
>What are some cool programs?
>What are some cool terminal commands?
>Where can I learn the command line?
>Where can I learn more about Free Software?
>How to break out of the botnet?
/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/769497
/t/'s GNU/Linux Videos: >>>/t/713097
/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
http://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy
What are some more amazing iPhone facts?
Personal/portable music player thread /pmp/
What up /pmp/'s, so we've been having these threads for a while now and I noticed some of you prefer it to be called /dap/ since it's more of a catch-all. Is a vote on this needed or are you guys okay with the name as is?
• The General /pmp/ Guide has been updated again, thanks to your efforts >>61354899 https://spit.mixtape.moe/view/fefcb363
• Converting an iPod video 5G/5.5G to a rockboxed player with an msata SSD and a 3000 mAh battery http://nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Video5G-Rockbox/
• Third party battery guide
https://www.iflash.xyz/3rd-party-extended-battery-guide/Guide for iPod 6G/7G needs adding/making
• Rockbox 3.14 released, significant battery increase compared to 3.13. The battery increase was from the cpu scaling patches, which has been available on dev builds for a (long) while.
• Reminder to use Rockbox DEV builds when available.
• Use the SonyNWDestTool to remove the volume limiter/warnings on most of the Walkman series
• Please keep taking nice pics of your /pmp/'s so that they can be used as OP pics, I'm going through them in order of posting so yours will come up eventually.
• Anon manages to open his old iPod >>61290829
• Anon reps for Xduoo X3 >>61291063
• Some /csg/ finds about the Walnut v3 and new Zishan >>61291095 as well as a Walnut V2 + Zishan Z1 review >>61258120
• Anon got a PLENUE D but isn't too happy about the colour >>61293570
• Hi >>61293998
• Anon in search of Rockbox Theme recs >>61295356
• Anon has the Benji T6 >>61296321 posts thoughts >>61307739
• Another anon posts his thoughts about the same Rocker >>61330523
• Anon Canyin N5 broke, downgraded to the N3 >>61311507
• Anon finds his old Zune brick >>61331416
• Nice pictures lads >>61332851 >>61332985 >>61333026 >>61333201
• We're responsible for anon's pmp addiction >>61335920
Previous thread >>61290794
Will an Android phone for $75 play most games from google play? I want to find the bottom price for a phone that can.