[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there ANY associates degrees worth getting?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1447159005365.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1447159005365.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
Are there ANY associates degrees worth getting?
>>
just learn a trade faggot

also accounting
>>
File: c43.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
c43.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
>He fell for the "associates degree" meme
>>
Get an associates in a STEM field and then transfer to a university
>>
>>25574388
no quite the opposite, moron. everyone i ask says they arent worth getting and i was asking if thats true or not
>>
>>25574359
This. Garanteed employment, good pay, easy to get quaified for, be self employed. The only downside is somepeople look down on you when you say you have a trade.
>>
>>25574359
>>25574439
>falling for the trades meme
>>
>>25574315
No, most jobs want a bachelor's nowadays. In some cases you'll get hired with an associates but they'll expect you to go back to school and get your bachelor's.
>>
>>25574439
what are good trades for a grill?
>>
>>25574490
The sex trade is probably the most lucrative but also the most risky.
>>
>>25574490
Prostitution

originalreply
>>
>>25574505
>>25574531
so you have to get qulified for prostitution or does that just come with the uterus?
>>
>>25574554
I imagine there's at least an apprenticeship involved.
>>
>>25574490
>>25574531
>Prostitution

aka wood working
>>
>>25574554
bachelors in women's studies and a PHD in african studies
>>
>>25574490
I heard being my gf is a good one
>>
>>25574490
Something non physical because employees wont put up with you not being able to do your job. Tbh i dont know whats suited for women, women just dont go into trade here. Trade is entirely what you like to do. I love working with wood and crafts so i became a carpenter.
>>
>>25574741
How much do carpenters make?
>>
2 year degrees are for people with shite GPAs that want to raise them to get into a better school
>>
>>25574787
Im self employed, so I usually get paid by the job rather than the hour. I do lots of home renovation and repairs. For a days work Ill usually charge $300 - $400 depending on the job, plus materials. You can get up to $50 an hour on site though.This is aus dollars btw
>>
>>25574741
well, thanks i guess, i thought someone reccing trades would know enough about them to what ones would be less physically demanding but ok...
>>
>>25574315
I have a four year degree that ended up being worthless
>>
>>25575207
psychology or women's studies?
>>
>>25574887
dam you get a hell of a lot more than where i am and i bet i do a lot more work daily. holy shit im moving to aus
>>
>>25574315
It's all in how you use it. Some positions in corporations request a degree to some effect, like being a District Manager. Easily, you can make 80k plus; that's not even a high position.
>>
>>25575337
Everyone goes to uni here so tradies are becoming rarer and rarer. So our wages go up while degrees are now nearly worthless :^) suck shit uniqueers
>>
>>25574439
mate you should be looking down on a lot of the retards wasting their money on pursuing a hobby at university.
>>
>>25575927
from what I've seen tradies are also a lot more respected in aus than the states or europe
>>
>le go to trade school meme

you will need permission from the local trade union to do this. for every apprenticeship that opens up there are hundreds of applicants. as many as 400 last time I checked. applying is a total waste of time because they prefer to give them to their close relatives and sons of close friends so they can be set for life. you can of course try to learn on your own somehow (lol) and work under the table but you will get paid peanuts and you could even go to jail.
>>
File: dontgetup.jpg (136KB, 766x510px) Image search: [Google]
dontgetup.jpg
136KB, 766x510px
>>25576093

>living in a libtard union state

that's what you faggots get for being liberals
>>
>>25575273
nope its a stem degree but with no high gpa or connection it is essentially worthless
>>
>>25576093
>you will need permission from the local trade union to do this.
I live in a right to work state
>>
>>25576093
what i dont get is pol likes to bitch about jews being all about nepotism
but nepotism is rampant everywhere.
>>
>>25575069
not him, but electrician comes to mind. Worst case you hire a min wage guy to carry your shit or drop down cable. Depending on where you are, you do need to study and pass something most likely
>>
Hey I was wondering if any of robots can help me with this.

I want to go study accounting because it seems like a very stable career path. Although the thing is my GPA is shit like 2.3. I can't see myself getting anything that much higher and might top at 3.0 if I really tried. Unlikely

Should I just get an assoiciates in this shit and work as a bookkeeper or what do?
>>
>>25574439
>Garanteed employment, good pay, easy to get quaified for, be self employed
literally none of these are true
>>
translator if you already know several languages and are certified by universities or embassies
>>
>>25574315
maybe IT/network security, i know my local community college has a 2 year program that will get you some networking certs. you could get your foot in the door somewhere and work your way up
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.