[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 684
Thread images: 116

File: shittyimg.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
shittyimg.png
2KB, 225x225px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ ; https://discord.gg/aBSbbjT

http://qst.wikia.com
This is a wiki that gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Questions:
How much control do your players have over your world? How much of your world changes to suit what the players want to do?

>Player Question:
Players who have quit a quest, what drove you to it? Players who have never quit a quest, what would make you drop one in an instant?
>>
>>1032534
>Player Question:
When everyone else goes pants on head retarded and QM just goes with it. Also, when they bitch why they fail afterwards.
>>
File: Sapling.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Sapling.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>1012569
Qm not ded
>>
File: mq37.gif (129KB, 372x324px) Image search: [Google]
mq37.gif
129KB, 372x324px
New Thread for me
>>1032491

>QM Question
The players haven't really had any control of the world as far as I can remember. All of that has been set pretty much in stone from my end, as far as I can recall anyways.
>>
>QM Questions:
>How much control do your players have over your world? How much of your world changes to suit what the players want to do?

Whatever they can think of, so long as the character is able to do it, and do it in a way that fits them. Not that anybody tries anything wild when they go outside the provided options. The world doesn't change, however; the players aren't the God King, they're little more than nobody.

But that's basically toast anyways because I think any players have lost patience with my glacial pace bullshit.

Since I'm doing nothing anyways I'm willing to write reviews for people with quests that aren't twitching corpses, because God knows I'm not improving my literary ability through actual authorship. I'm not going to read through 50 threads of shit though so twenty thread absolute maximum. If I read past that all at once on longer ones I'll lose my goddamn marbles.
>>
>>1032534

>QM Question:

Less than they think. There's usually SOMETHING going on in the background, the players just tend to take safe options, though, so it's usually unnoticeable.

>Player Question
When players agree to something incredibly stupid and risky, and then they roll badly for it and everyone bitches. Alternately, when they go for an option that is very obviously a bad option, and the most logical result happens. It's just...what did you expect?
>>
File: It's a complicated kind of feel.png (954KB, 1355x737px) Image search: [Google]
It's a complicated kind of feel.png
954KB, 1355x737px
>>1032534
>QM Questions:
More than they realize. My players have affected the world in ways that even I wasn't expecting.

>Player Question:
When a QM uses dice too much for things that shouldn't require it. I feel like it takes control out of the players' hands, which is good for some stuff, but not everything.
>>
The Ten Questing Commandments.

1.~The QTG is thy Lord. Thou shalt have no other Lord before the QTG.

2.~Thou shalt make unto thee many side characters of the feminine persuasian, and liken thyself to the little girl.

3.~Thou shalt not take the facts of the QTG in vain, for the QTG will not hold him guiltless who ignores its facts.

4.~Thou shalt quicken thy voting window to ensure the speediest pace.

5.~Honor thy dead quests and discuss them with regularity, for the glory the QTG bestowed upon them in their running.

6.~Thou shalt limit discussion amounts to encourage creative uses of player resources.

7.~Thou shalt issue forth plot from exposition thrice threadly.

8.~Thou shalt love thy own work unconditionally and at all times express this through thy Lord the QTG.

9.~Thou shalt bear spiteful witness to thy neighboring QMs, lest they mistake upon themselves in questing with no others to point it out.

10.~Thou shalt covet thy waifuers, for they are the sacred faction which sustains thee.
>>
>>1032534
>The discord link goes to a different channel about bees

I have no idea how this happened.

here's an actual link https://discord.gg/E8RwzKh
>>
>>1032534
gonna make a thing with a lot of effort in the visual stuff and whatnot

How 2 stay motivated when there's not gonna be any interest because of the slug pace of the board?
>>
>>1032534
>How much control do your players have over your world? How much of your world changes to suit what the players want to do?

Not much, yet. The world doesn't bend to a lowly witch apprentice, after all. But the world may come to regret that choice one day,

That will be a fun day for everyone involved.
>>
Star Wars: Kuat Colle is now live and well.

>>1032617
>>
Getting into questing for the first time, and my main question is:

Specific prompts vs Write-ins

What's a good balance?

It seems like to much restriction kills discussion, but too much free-form kills interest.
>>
>>1032647
>Valid Option 1
>Valid Option 2
>Valid Option 3
>Write in
>>
We're live!
>>1032654
>>1032654
>>1032654
>>
>>1032647
If you want to do a write-in only option, you must have all of the following ingredients:

1. A solid playerbase with a quest that currently has at more than 5 people participating
2. A well-defined MC that has actions they would or would not do that the players understand and respect
3. A choice that matters both to the players and to the plot of the quest that will have a demonstratable impact on the world the quest is set in at some point in the future

Otherwise, >>1032652
>>
>>1032666
Makes sense. I'm looking over the starter's guide right now. Did you write it? If so, do you mind expanding a little on pre-writing?

Making notes on general things is pretty easy, but how would you pre-write for specific posts if the options you give are diverse?
>>
>>1032684
I didn't write it. I have absolutely no idea who did.

As for pre-writing, you'll find most QMs do not pre-write at all.

I do a little bit.

If you want to pre-write, do it on posts where you don't expect a ton of write-ins and whatever the players choose, the immediate effect doesn't change too much.

As for pre-writing on very diverse decisions, start with fluff descriptions of the world and the characters that give the players something to picture but won't change too much depending on the choice. It shouldn't be much but it's about as much pre-writing as you can do while still giving players a meaningful choice.

That's how I do it, anyway. Other people have different opinions.
>>
>>1032777
Hmm, thanks, that helps put it into perspective.
>>
>>1032534
>QM question:
Not a lot of direct control. They've influenced my decisions to a certain extent, but overall they're not meant to have a huge impact on the world at large. They may have a huge impact on their own lives and the lives of people around them, but they're supposed to be part of a group that's fallen as deeply through the cracks of the system as possible. They may be big damned heroes on a small scale, but on a large scale they'll get a few days of news coverage for their biggest scale activities, at best.
>>
>>1032534
Their little corner of it? Unlimited. Outside of that bubble of authority? They're free to push as hard as they want of course, and may find some success. But the universe has a way of pushing back, even if there's some delay in the response.

>Players who have quit a quest, what drove you to it?
Other players.
>>
>>1032534

In celebration of the Fall Of Cadia, this weekend I'll be starting a new Warhammer 40k Cultist Quest. For those of you who remember, I'm sorry that I abandoned the last one without notifying anyone, but I lost all inspiration and some IRL happenings made it very difficult to continue. I hope you all understand, and I can assure you that I won't be abandoning the Quest this time.

Thoth Talibah and the Frateris De Veritas might make a cameo at some point, and I'll be using 1d4chan's random generator tables to come up with interesting content. I'm looking forward to it.

> HAIL CHAOS!
>>
Episode 18 of Galaxy Quest resumes!

>>1029284
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest Redux, thread Eleven is up and running!
>>1030144
>>1030144
>>1030144
Come and help Liz make the most of her evening, either by partying or raising the dead!
>>
File: k.jpg (4KB, 192x256px)
k.jpg
4KB, 192x256px
>that moment when you're 100% sure you've somehow alienated most of your player base
>>
>>1033421
What'd you do?
>>
>>1033586
Pulled the handbrake and cartwheeled the quest into a completely different lane.
>>
>>1033421
100% is impressive

Deets?
>>
File: 10.2.png (2MB, 884x1295px) Image search: [Google]
10.2.png
2MB, 884x1295px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/28-a-rising-shadow/8jBXrRko89FZoxwQd
>>
>QM Questions

Half & half on the first question. Comics continuity is a thing (Cause's it's MARVEL Quest) so obviously events in the past are usually set in stone. The future how ever can change dependent on the actions and choices of my players. Say they decide to join Carol Danvers during the second Civil War, they might end up actually capturing Tony early rather than having Danvers knock his ass out.

This actually presents a dilemma for me, cause I need to figure out if players are semi okay with Rail-Roading. Cause there are certain plot points I have in mind with twists I'd like to perpetuate, but they require the players to go in a certain direction, or at least follow a semblance of that direction towards the twists and plots. I'd never pull a Velo, dispite the fact that I participated in his GoT Quest which Trip took over, but I have the story set up, and want to know if the players want to act out the MC's story, or just hitch a ride on someone elses.

People who play my qst, get back to me when/ if you see this and shoot me your opinions in the discord. All links provided in the #1st issue, archived

As for how much of the world that changes, again is subjective upon the decisions of the players. They could choose to do the equivalent of a training arc, stopping crime solo and making a name for themselves while the Civil War goes on, and pop up on the scene later, or they could join a side, or just choose to not deal with this drama. Depending on their actions, I then write up the consequences and repercussions of their actions, leading them down a certain other story line rather than the main that Marvel has as canon.

My quest case people haven't seen it yet, I've been whoring myself like a Taiwanese lady boi; http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Marvel%20Quest%20Redux
>>
>>1033680
>not even Excellent
>>
>>1033683
Nigga I've been running all of like two weeks.
>>
>>1033683
>archive scores matter
lol yeah I'm sure monstergirl legend, dragonball, and soul eater fanfic quests are objectively the best quests running right now
>>
>>1033724
I actually kinda like all of those... and German Hollow Quest, though it's been kinda slumping for me.
>>
>>1033724
>a measurement of how much players want to upvote it isn't objective in 1:1 regards with how much they give a shit
>pleb
>>
>>1033759
>number of participants correlates to quality
it goes without saying that we have a shitload of players with terrible taste here
>>
>>1033759
>>1033724
Scores are indicative of popularity (or an autist proxy voting his favorite quest) not quality.
>>
>>1033775
>implying anything was said of quality when the statement is clearly only about care, IE; popularity

>>1033777
>implying I didn't just say that
>>
File: winston.jpg (136KB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
winston.jpg
136KB, 1500x1004px
>>1033777
>>1033775
I thought high quality quests normally end up more popular anyway, I don't thinks there's zero correlation.
>>
>>1033792
is this nigga serious
>>
>>1033792
Only if they get the exposure needed. You'd be surprised what gets ignored.

Make a Dragonball quest and you have all the exposure you need out the gate.
>>
>>1033792
Yes, the Overwatch Quest is a popular quest. The Deadspace Quest is a popular quest, as is the Dragonball Quest. These are validly popular, and thus good.

No you fucking apemong it doesn't mean shit. MY quest with 4 players that flake harder than me is totally better in writing, action scenes, characters, character voice, paragraph spacing, pacing, update speed, banter, and shitposting.

It's just not popular because most players who aren't me are garbage.
>>
>>1033807
t. yet another fanfic writer
>>
>>1033807
>popular means good
>lists bad quests that aren't even very popular
>>
>>1033828
>whoosh

>>1033816
You got it.
>>
>>1033834
was the first bit sarcasm?

because the second half also looks like sarcasm and would be contradictory to the first point's sarcasm
>>
>>1033848
said stupidthing
refutation of stupidthing
bitter memory
sarcasm

In order.
I'm pretty happy that I stopped trying OC quests, for reals. It really is just best to let the actually creative people do that.
>>
>>1033880
I have OC planned but I feel like I must practice more first, should I bother?
>>
>>1033895
yes
>>
>>1033895
I can't think of a single time a QM wrote a legitimate OC quest after starting with a fanfic.
>>
>>1033895
IMO, you get better at writing OC by writing OC.
>>
>>1033895
Fun>Anything I could say to stop you.

So, yes.
>>
>Threads with Excellent rating on page 1 of suptg as of this post.

>Monstergirl Legend Quest 3:Legend
>Dragonball Quest #118
>DWMA Quest #9
>MARVEL Quest; Redux #1
>Pokemon Island Adventure Quest #19
>Overwatch Quest 4
>Infinite Stars Quest 50
>Northern Beasts Quest #19

Having read barely any of these I have no knowledge of their quality but 5 outta 8 are fanfic which help with exposure.

For the other three:

Monstergirl Legend is a Headmaster quest who has his own group diehard fans which helps the score (Monstergirls also help)

Infinite Stars is a MercCommand quest who also has a die hard following.

Northern Beasts...well that one's the outlier. Moloch's following used to be small so I'm happy it's working out for him and NBQ is a good OC quest. SGQ was better though.
>>
>>1033911
I write OC for my own entertainment in my own time. I write fanfics to get better at entertaining others and their choices
>>
>>1033908
>>1033915
ok

>>1033909
I can't either
>>
>>1033909
Moloch and Kaz are two examples.

Though Kaz is running both the fanfic and the OC at the same time now while Moloch is on his second OC quest.

Strangely they both started with SMT quests.
>>
Hey who would you guys say are the "celebrities" or people who post a bunch and a semi-respected on /qst/?
>>
>>1033989
QuestDrone.
>>
>>1033989
I haven't heard anything bad about Mr.Wong
>>
>>1033989
Schteel is alright.
>>
>>1033989
Soma and Planefag
>>
>>1034009
>Planefag
>respected
>>
>>1034011
And TrickQM
>>
>>1033989
And Wargle too
>>
>>1034002
Schteel is a faggot
>>1034009
Soma isn't a QM
>>
>>1034002
>Cum Zone man
>respectable
>>
File: 1482977918227.jpg (80KB, 934x934px) Image search: [Google]
1482977918227.jpg
80KB, 934x934px
>>1033989
I hope you realize that a question like that is only going to attract shitposting. Especially at night.
>>
>>1033989
>respecting any QM
>ever
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>1034085
Alright doesn't necessarily mean respectable, label properly anon.

You're alright too.
>>
>>1034002
Schteel is what happens when you crossbreed a soy sauce packet that's been used as a condom with 1950's American propaganda and doesn't even deserve to be called human. He is a wretch of the highest order and deserves nothing more than your scorn.

He is a liar and a coward who railroads players into lesbian encounters while simultaneously crying about how "those gosh darned yurifags" are stopping him from writing heterosexual dalliances. He reuses the same core character concepts from quest to quest and writes like a 13 year old trying to write like a poorly translated LN and every setting he writes is just modern day suburban Americana + anime tropes regardless of whether it's a fantasy market town or a far future on a distant alien planet.

Oh, and he thinks "Spikes your revs right into the cum zone" is erotic. That alone is worth top bully.
>>
>>1034134
>Spikes your revs right into the cum zone
wot
>>
>>1034134
Yeah, exactly. Schteel is alright. He's pretty average as far as QMs go on their varying definitions of human individuals.
>>
>>1034137
>He slams full speed into you. "Aah!" You shout. He pulls out almost to the tip of his head. "D-... Danny, what-" He slams into you again, making juices spill out and burst from your pussy. "Aahnn! Aah!" Again. "Aaah! Aah!" You turn your head. Each hard thrust he does spikes your revs into the cum zone.

This is what GermanSchteel thinks eroticism is.
>>
>>1034139
Nice try, Schteel
>>
>>1034140
Huh. I'm not sure what you expected to get from reading a smut quest in the first place.
>>
>>1034140
>not being into dirty talking when fucking your car
>>
>>1034019

>Get a mention

yesh!
>>
File: red skeliiiton.gif (30KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
red skeliiiton.gif
30KB, 200x200px
>>1034152
Look, you tactless twat, here is all I'm saying.

Think of Schteel. Now think of all other QMs.

Now put them on a scale.

Schteel is not a scale-defining QM. He's not down there with planefag and EGO on the faggotry scale, he's not up there on the shitposting scale with Soma or Trick, he's not even in range of the storyteller scale with railroaders like Shadow Master or tryhards like Vedibere and so many others.

He's a boring fucking cunt rutted between 3 and 5.1 out of 10 on the Boring Fucking Cunt scale, and that's it. He's unmissable.
>>
>>1034230

>Schteel starts revving into the buttmad zone
>>
>>1034230
lol imagine getting this mad at a three word joke reply
>>
>>1034230
>*missable

>>1034251
Hey, nobody called you a Schteel. You don't know what it's like, okay?
>>
File: 1464782712545.jpg (600KB, 1350x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1464782712545.jpg
600KB, 1350x2048px
I yanked this off from /co/.

Crackpot ideas for Justice League crossover/teamups?

>Justice League/Kantai Collection
>JL/ Fate/GO
>>
>>1034294
pls no
>>
>>1032534

>QM Question
Depends. I like to rank agency in three main layers. The things I have planned out beforehand largely consist of background setting stuff, and tend to just go about its own business with or without player involvement. (a large storm, a volcano, a plague, ect) next is the stuff the players can mess with if they so choose, but will otherwise continue on their own, things like other major factions or characters making their own choices and moves behind the scenes. The players can fuck with those plans or have their plans fucked by those plans, but I try to always keep them behaving like characters with whatever limited info they have combined with logic and self-interest.
Last are the things directly next to the players. These are in a kind of quantum state and I don't often determine the exact details until after the players find it. Maybe they roll to search an area, and their roll determines what is there to be found as much as what they find, or I may swap a feature on the map to be closer because they want to find it. I'll typically set up major areas, but not determine exactly where they are on the map until the players find it in order to let them find things that are more relevant to their playstyle and more entertaining in general.

>Player Question
Never really dropped a quest I was following outright (they usually die first) but honestly, I'd probably drop one if I saw the QM just outright pander to players. Getting the feeling that victory is always guaranteed, or that the strategy of the players is irrelevant to me just defeats the entire point of the Quest format.

We as the players should be able to lose, sometimes we should have a bad day from a bad roll, and a lot of the time I find recovering from a setback to be the best launching point for a great new arc. Some of my favorite events in quests have largely unfolded from a bad roll or bad player choice and dealing with the resulting aftermath.

It's like the Twilight Zone episode where the bank robber dies and think's he's in heaven, then after winning every jackpot and robbing every bank realizes it's not fun or fulfilling without the risk of danger to it, and realizes he's actually in hell.
>>
>>1034306
We had Avengers/Transformers and a botched Justice League/Transformers comic, as well as Robotech/Voltron, so...
>>
File: Schteels_Quest.jpg (81KB, 735x492px) Image search: [Google]
Schteels_Quest.jpg
81KB, 735x492px
>>1034159
Not much, but not this.
>>
>>1034294
/co/ is terrible, as these ideas show.

Go away.
>>
>>1033909
there's Dran
>>
>>1034369
Oh shit I forgot all about that dude. I didn't read whatever fanfic quests he ran but I actually played Overhuman quests and liked them pretty well. I don't think I can forgive him for creating the abomination that was AOPH quest though.
>>
>>1034390
hence why he must be remembered for all the bad ways you can stick fanfic in where it doesn't belong.
>>
>>1033937
>>1033909
If we look at the other QMs who did SMT(well, Persona)....

TT also did an OC quest after he dropped Persona 2129.

Then there's DM-Casual, but the OC quest heavily borrows from digital devil.
>>
File: 1483677720117.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1483677720117.gif
1MB, 260x195px
>>1034140
Holy shit
>>
>>1032534
>Player Question:
When the QM abides by trollvotes. It's a sure sign the quest will be shit. The same when the players start pushing for smut and the QM yields.
>>
>>1034941
What counts as a troll vote?
>>
>>1035056
>name your character
>You are Flassid Cox
>>
>>1035086
https://youtu.be/zPGb4STRfKw
>>
File: Drunken Disgust.jpg (13KB, 320x240px)
Drunken Disgust.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>When players start to name/tripfag when it isn't even a civ quest
>>
File: The Mannis.jpg (35KB, 938x637px) Image search: [Google]
The Mannis.jpg
35KB, 938x637px
>>1035152

>when anon implies civs are quests
>>
File: admiral thomas chan.jpg (472KB, 1490x1000px) Image search: [Google]
admiral thomas chan.jpg
472KB, 1490x1000px
>>1034002
Schteel is a qt christmas cake.
We know that much from the irc.

>>1034009
please don't bully the planefag.
His paranoia and fear has already jumped out of the helo without a chute and he's gone loco.
Turns out that KCQ has spread enough that various admirals have heard of the quest.
Which means the uncensored fanart by his wife, has most likely circulated through the admiral social group (which includes the real life Admiral Thomas).
>>
>>1035230
>Turns out that KCQ has spread enough that various admirals have heard of the quest.
Sounds like total bullshit created to make a mediocre to poor quest seem special.
>>
>>1035230
You realize that was all bullshit. Anyone can put on a trip and pretend to be someone.
>>
>>1035230
>Turns out that KCQ has spread enough that various admirals have heard of the quest.
>Which means the uncensored fanart by his wife, has most likely circulated through the admiral social group (which includes the real life Admiral Thomas).

FAKE NEWS

Faker than that time people pretended his grandma fucking died.

FAKE BULLSHIT!
>>
File: Pug Study.jpg (59KB, 564x655px) Image search: [Google]
Pug Study.jpg
59KB, 564x655px
>>1035153
>implying
>>
File: Bad News.jpg (321KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bad News.jpg
321KB, 600x500px
Dragon girls are go: >>1035289
>>
>2nd person
>Present tense
Is there a more plebeian combination?
>>
>>1035364
Yes, there's "asshole tense."

Where you constantly switch between present and past tense.
>>
>>1035364
3rd person past tense.
>>
>>1035230
>Schteel is a qt christmas cake.
Nah. He's a spineless cuckboi who won't even justify his crimes.

Don't make me bust out the podcast.
>>
>>1035464
Do it for me
>>
>>1035464
>podcast
I don't think I want to know what you're talking about
>>
File: IMG_7625.jpg (105KB, 811x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7625.jpg
105KB, 811x537px
>>1035493
>>1035493
>>1035493

Demonic Invasion Quest! Demon shenanigans go!
>>
File: 1449900284422.gif (159KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
1449900284422.gif
159KB, 500x416px

>>1035720
>>
Starcaller is running right now! Strange things are happening.
>>1035778
>>1035778
>>1035778
>>
>>1035230
>defending planefag
>posting one of the most cancerous quest related images ever

Please go and stay go, Neco.
>>
>>1033989
QuestDrone is the only answer

Speaking of whom, he's doing better. He's at home and loopy on painmeds but he's planning to return to HQQ on the 22nd if the Curse doesn't come for him again
>>
Evil Sorceress Quest returns!

>>1035811
>>1035811
>>1035811
>>
Damn. Whats with the salt in here?
>>
>>1036116
Shitposting. Standard business really.
>>
>>1036127
Ah. Aight
>>
>>1035467
>>1035469
twitch [space] tv/grimmand/v/111031344

Listen to Schteel get bullied about revved cores and lesbian rapists for an hour.
>>
>>1036666
I want to read that thesis
>>
>>1036666
Which quest was it?
I remember him being decent storyteller
>>
File: askfm Schteel.jpg (77KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
askfm Schteel.jpg
77KB, 640x960px
>>1036666
>"I like me." -GermanSchteel
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux is up and running! Come join in!
>>1030144
>>1030144
>>1030144
Seriously, come help Liz deal with a threat somewhere between "pervy teenage boy" and "chaotic evil bloodsucking creature of the night"
>>
>>1036709
http://anonkun.com/stories/androids-magic-mercenaries-sex-and-other-nonsense/orPRx8YQA8j7hSaxb
>>
>>1036707
It even comes with a foreword:
>Those suffering from PTSD are supposed to return to the place that scarred them to begin healing by overcoming that dark place, so I guess that’s why I’m writing this review. I’m not even sure where to begin with this quest. It was a test of my will to even get through to the end of the posted chapters (which was up to #7 by the time of this review). The writing was poor, the characters were awful, the world is half-assed at best, and most importantly, the smut is downright painful to read. But anyone can just SAY something is bad, so join me on this wonderful ride as I try my hardest to sort out these painful, painful memories into a tour guide of a hell you’ll hopefully never have to suffer. I guess the best place to start cataloging this trainwreck would be the start.
http://pastebin.com/FUq3EDeS
>>
Alchemical Blade Prequel Quest is now continuing! Come and join the conspiracy!

>>1030425
>>
>>1036864
Wait
Huh
What
>>
Help me /qtg/. I think the way my quest started was crap and I'm tempted to reboot it with better world building and set pieces. Problem is, I've already gone through the first major arc and I get up to 20 unique IPs per thread.

Am I being a retard? What should I do?
>>
>>1037289
Just make the next arc better.
>>
>>1037289
Which quest?
>>
>>1037289
>Be a man and declare so, probably lose most of your players and get some infighting due to meta-discussions of how choices ended "last" time
>Introduce yourself as a "fan" doing a similar quest, probably get called out really quickly
>Keep going with the first quest until you hate yourself
>Run the reboot on another place(akun or whatever). Once you hit a good milestone, declare that you'll only run this quest, but will decide which board to run it on. Gives players a chance to like new thing.
>>
>>1037289
>>1037331
Clarification: I don't hate the way my current quest has turned out. I just think it could've been better if a few tweaks had been made at the beginning.
>>
>>1037289

Anything and everything you do is crap and you are guaranteed to find a better way to do it afterwards.

Take and use the lessons you learn to move forward, not to redo what's done.
>>
>>1037353
Then make a better second arc instead.
>>
>>1037353
Keep moving forwards.
>>
>>1037353
Save all the good tweaks you can't use atm for your next quest.
You could just run the same quest, but by the time you've goner further with this one you're guaranteed to have more, better ideas.
Dropping things on a whim of "could've done 's" is unfair to your players and pretty shitty.
>>
>>10373>>1037544
>>1037518
>>1037375
>>1037337
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll stick to what I have now.
>>
>>1037634
Shot in the dark, Lamplighter quest.
>>
>>1037738
Not even remotely close.
>>
>>1037744
Galaxy
Earthbender
Star Wars
Modern Necro
Hex Maniac
Post Apoc Amnesiac

Any of these hit close?
>>
>>1037851
At least one of those is definitely not his.
>>
>>1037851
Only one of those is warmer.
>>
>>1037869
Starcaller
>>
>>1037851
I can say with some confidence that it isn't Galaxy. For all the missteps along the way, I have it on good authority that the QM genuinely enjoys running the quest. Even if I'm so rusty that I'm basically shit-tier at this point. Assuming I was ever anything but.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 245x245px
>>1037888
But I'm the QM of Starcaller.

I will admit that my first couple threads were rocky as fuck, but I at least think I've moved past that.
>>
>>1033909

I want to run something OC, but I barely have time to QM my current quest.
>>
File: 1367369606008.jpg (76KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1367369606008.jpg
76KB, 400x221px
What was the beginning of the end for Shadow Quest? The whole Flint/Nemesis debacle was obviously the point that broke the playerbase, but it was really just a culmination of issues that had been building for ages. Subtle and not so subtle railroading (fucking Vonnegut), dice rolls that seemed to continue until crit-fail, condescending feedback coupled with image macros, and a playerbase full of people that didn't care and/or deliberately choose shitty options to fuck with people.
>>
>>1038127
Question: are you discussing the "downfall" of Shadow Quest as a story/narrative, or as a quest? Because those are definitely two different claims
>>
>>1038137
Let's go for both.

As a narrative? I think that everything post-Erebus-past-reveal was kinda mediocre, but that could also be due to the playerbase fracturing again.
>>
>>1038127
When the QM decided it was his novel instead of a quest.
>>
>>1038146

See the problem is if your players are really fucking stupid you have to not give a shit about the narrative/theme/any care for the actual story part of your quest.

Which means you have to run something which you are completely detached from in a story sense if you want to not either get butthurt watching them fuck it up, railroad or end up pulling a "this is a novel now so fuck off players"

But if you are detached from the narrative elements of your quest to let others play in your playground, your interest will either wane or disappear completely and so you drop it unless you really enjoy the gamist elements of your quest.

So the best solution is to run an almost completely gamist quest or railroad so hard that all you get are people along for the fucking ride.
>>
>>1038146
That would be, what, post-first battle of Kelvere? Prior to that point, shit was pretty fluid in reaction to player desires, and it was around the point that he started referencing coming events in dire tones.

>>1038149
I think the issue with SM's railroading was less that it happened and more that he tried to disguise it behind dice rolls and that, despite his disclaimer that it was a dictatorship and not a democracy, he continued to let retards ruin shit and then post smug and patronizing comments after the fact. He wanted to have his cake and eat it too.
>>
>>1038149
Or just be interested in where your players will take something. That's the most basic tenet of DMing, and it carries over into questing just fine.

This isn't difficult.
>>
>>1038153

You can, theoretically, choose your players in a D&D game and I've dropped shitty players before.

You can not choose who decides your quest is worthwhile.
>>
>>1038153
That works for DM'ing since you have a small group of friends participating consistently.

A quest will randomly have people leaving and joining without getting themselves up to speed, and there's little that can be done to prevent a handful of shitheads from trying to derail the quest.
>>
>>1038141
Honestly? Yeah. The sequence where the entire past was laid out may be my favorite thing I've read in the past 5 years, 10 even. But after that.. I think by 50 or 60 threads before that point Shadow Quest was needing to be taken out backout back and shot.

All the gods and that whole situation was probably the best way to end the story, as was the situation with Erebus, but there definitely was plenty of extra stuff that, of Shadow Quest was ever seriously shown to an editor, would be cut out immediately.

I doubt I'd ever be able to realistically reread that quest, especially since the beginning feels nothing like the end. It changed as the players changed, as SM changed his ideas about it, and as the dozens and dozens of threads piled on. I wouldn't say the story really broke - it just struggled under its own weight in resolving the most important plotthreads while plenty of others were lost in time.

Shadow's storyline goes from a braindead elemental learning how to talk to a little girl to a leader of the free world. While I have fond memories of that trajectory and some of the great moments in between (the first encounter with Angels, and everything up until the Escape, for one), it may not work as well as a coherent narrative all the eay through. As each new thread came out, it worked as the logical extension of the previous, oh, let's say 20 threads or so. 20 threads before, it's the logical extension of the 20 threads before /that/, and so on. For the ending to feel like the logical extension of the beginning..

Well, I doubt anyone would make that claim. The story doesn't come full circle like others might. Shadow Quest really is a story more about the journey, the lore, the moments like when Shadow discovers alcohol for the first time or nat 1's grabbing a book from the library or other heart warming/dramatic/tragic/etc moments.

As a quest.. I mean, look at the trajectory Banished Quest took. Soma let almost 100 threads of slow relationship development and attraction between the MC and first girl get told to fuck itself due to a nat 1 and that mage sex scene get projected to all the party. Lols were had at the time, sure, but it absolutely shat on everything that came before it.

Shadow Quest had its shitty moments, its mistakes (ALL THE ELEMENTS GOD HAHAHA), miss opportunities and basically irrelevant side plots, but did it ever actively betray itself on a whim? I don't think so.

Then again, the players lost their goddamn mind so hard and so many times it makes planefag's shitstorms look like kids throwing sand at the ocean. People cared enough to rip each other's throats out, and the first dozen or so times it felt.. authentic. Not bitter and spiteful like the latter half of the quest, but genuine and passionate.

Shadow Quest not only created opinions - it creates politics, where those with the loudest, most numerous voices won out.
>>
>>1038165
>Then again, the players lost their goddamn mind so hard and so many times it makes planefag's shitstorms look like kids throwing sand at the ocean. People cared enough to rip each other's throats out, and the first dozen or so times it felt.. authentic. Not bitter and spiteful like the latter half of the quest, but genuine and passionate.
I think the blame for that largely rests on SM. He pretty actively riled up the playerbase with all of his happenings, and he had a really bad habit of making situations that had consequences that felt like we were railroaded into them but he felt were justified. He often had issues with "there is one right way to do this in my opinion," and him constantly threatening the playerbase with the threat of death/failure/quest-ending did absolutely nothing to reduce player tension.

The only point of comparison I have for massive quests is Fate Stay Again, which ended up collapsing under its own weight and having the QM abscond before the end, so I can't really comment on Banished Quest. I think that Shadow Quest's big issue wasn't a betrayal of the quest, it was just a really drawn-out reduction of player agency. Early on, the players had total control of where the quest was going to go (is it evil shadow overlord quest? is it learning to be human quest? is it lolsorandum autism quest?), but around the middle SM started planning for bigger and better twists, and the players ability to really affect things started dwindling. Obviously, this all culminated in the Flint-Nemesis debacle, which made the players feel that SM was going to move the quest where he wanted it regardless of what the players did, and the Erebus-past reveal, which ended with the players literally losing control of the MC.
>>
>>1038185
I mean, I can absolutely understand why SM did it - there is something glorious about feeling Anon experience the tension in the story you're writing. Reveling in it can be fun, if done appropriately and with moderation. SM.. well, he channeled it into nearly all of his QM persona, and I agree, it didn't help the growing issue.

A part of the reduction in agency comes with the need to resolve necessary plot threads - if anon had full control, they could run off and fuck around until the heat death of the universe. While I'm sure there was a much, much better way to go about it, I can't fault SM for doing it. Banished Quest is literally side quest the quest and began with a similar feel to SQ - a large world with total freedom to wander around in. It.. well, Soma's writing was about all that kept me going, and even then I just couldn't care about the MC's story, or lack of it, anymore. So bringing Shadow Quest into a more narrative focus may've been the best option at the time. It's not like quests can be edited, though, so we'll never knowwhat the most polished version of both the story and the quest could've been.

> Fate Stay Again
Every time I thought I'd forgotten and moved on from that quest and everything that was spectacular about AC-Guy in general, I die a little more inside. That quest was what got me into Fate as a series, funnily enough.

Did F/SA not actually end? I thought he had cobbled together an ending
>>
>>1038195
>Did F/SA not actually end? I thought he had cobbled together an ending
Nope. He's made a couple vague hints on Twitter that he might return to questing, but F/SA is dead as a doornail.

Which is probably for the best, there were major inconsistencies in the timeline/events that he fucked up on and were going to kill the climax.

I would agree in general that a certain amount of player agency had to be curtailed to move the plot forward, but Shadow Quest went too far. The quest was practically running itself by the end; the players were just there to roll dice and pretend their combat choices were meaningful. I think the complete lack of transparency in the combat system was another huge issue towards the end. The dice didn't really mean anything from the player's perspective since we didn't know any of the modifiers or the DC's and what a good and bad roll results in seemed entirely arbitrary at times. That and how to handle allies in combat.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>1038199
>Telling the players the DC

Nah
>>
>>1033927
So unless you have diehardfans or some "popular" theme, /qst/ threads have it hard to maintain a quest?

Is there less people on /qst/ than since the start?
>>
File: 1370138082602.jpg (852KB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1370138082602.jpg
852KB, 2400x3200px
How about some good points.
I like ideas like the Archonium of Shadow Quest in theme. At the time I was mad but think of it this way; the players were punished for not asking questions and just making assumptions on what things are or aren't.
Is there really any more natural way to Quest? This is what players do all the time, but this time it was done in the one place where they a: knew their daughteru was in danger by just existing and b: knew that Fang was a tricksy motherfucker and c: didn't understand the full extent of Fang's desperation.
The whole aged-up thing was stupid tho.

Then there was being one of the only two people to figure out the obvious trap at endgame and vote appropriately...
Pretty sure everyone was either stupid/tired/pretending at that point.

Also how dare you discuss SQ without it's glorious androgynous fanart.

>>1038295
4chan stats says "pretty much."
>>
>>1038291
You don't have to tell them the DC outright, but the system can't be entirely opaque either.

>>1038303
Archonium was fine.

Towards the end their was a combination of a general apathy due to a lack of agency, coupled with reductions in the playerbase and assholes voting for shitty choices on purpose.

SM's strengths were in writing dialogue and world building. Most of the quest bits sucked. XP shit led to constant fighting and greediness.
>>
>>1038303
I don't think they knew what androgynous meant. Fuck I just remembered that creepy player who kept dumping pictures of his creepy life sized male "dolls"
>>
File: 1366611368142.jpg (68KB, 600x809px) Image search: [Google]
1366611368142.jpg
68KB, 600x809px
>>1038307
>XP shit led to constant fighting and greediness.
This is something I actually liked.

Just watching it even, only voting for the things when they come up. The level of vitriol and salt was constant, like a 1/4 to 1/2 shitstorm every time the character levels up. And he knew that it would do this, but still did it anyway. I found it awful in both senses of the word.

Specifically the greediness. It drove people to want to consume, and when you throw in a character that people care about and they start having things to protect it grows into a very classical 'git stroongr save the day hero' thing, but it was still tearing people and souls apart in horribly savage ways to level up Movement from 3 to 4.

It was the clearest thing that was designed specifically for getting people to care about their abilities and personal choices. Same with Humanity/Temerity.

I do think that XP spending abilities are fucking garbage though. Those felt way less thought out than the majority of the tree, and were more like "narrative jumps" where instead of gaining XP we'd spend it to get past some narrative limitation. Problem being, as has been pointed out, the narrative would just jump into another bigger limitation.
Having those abilities cost Humanity would've been more on-point, I think.

>Most of the quest bits sucked.
I think the only quest bits that truly sucked was the agency and dice use. The only part that's truly meaningful. He wasn't a stellar DM and it showed early. All the while he wrote with plot in mind, but heavy handed it hard even in the beginning. Plain and straight, I was first to remind SM three times of things along the idea of "our character wouldn't say that, we made a promise not to. Why are you telling Auriel what the Duke told us?" (Tarun Gakth) and the others involving Ila sometime around Haven and a later Airship thing.

In each case he was trying to forward plot in the background through shadow's voice in a way that bypassed the players' choices and previous statements in things which either ought to have been prompts of a character pushing shadow or things which didn't deserve a vote. Rereading the quest shows a good dozen other warning signs that he leans towards heavily crafted (choo choo) narrative, but it only crashed together when we got in the way of his plot with sheer genuine determination and good ideas. Which is what made that situation so complete shit, for me, a QM throwing out good player ideas for no reasons other than plot deserves stubbed toes for the rest of their life.

As for dice use, holding a banked nat 1 for QM use at any time is just retarded. The kind of paranoia it made wasn't even standard in-quest distrust, it was an ever present meta level "fuck you," and the worst way to handle things.

But, c'est la vie, people were given the option to turn it back and voted against it, accepting his god awful mistakes. That was true turning point for me. It was hard to care after that.
>>
>>1032534
>Player Question:

-I did not like the tone, setting, characters, or writing style
-It went into a direction i didn't like before i became attached enough to brush it off
-I don't enjoy the system (if there is a game system at all)
-The QM seems too distant or doesn't engage the community for anything but writing the updates and answering questions as tersely as possible
-The community seems dead or not engaging enough
-Requires knowledge of previous quests because they all share a same universe/setting, and this is not pointed out anywhere in the OP
-Simply forgot about it
-It updates too sporadically

Those are instant deal-breakers,
>>
File: 1369438588935.jpg (250KB, 595x880px) Image search: [Google]
1369438588935.jpg
250KB, 595x880px
>>1038317
Did somebody say Dolls?
Truly, SQ had some of the weirdest namefags outside of Fuck Quest and BFQ.
>>
>>1038337
I remember he said that he "just likes pretty things" when asked why he has a male doll collection
>>
File: 1369439231987.jpg (147KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1369439231987.jpg
147KB, 774x1032px
>>1038342
>Oops. Was I staring? Teehee.
>>
>>1038331

I wonder how Joker Quest managed to somehow evade the railroading and the mechanical issues. Like, the XP system is even more punishing but with less salt.

That reminds me, I need to do the SQ review at some point. I read PGQ, but gave up.
>>
>>1038012
>>1037962
I'm just guessing any quest that isn't my own.
I like both of yours, don't take offense to it!
>>
>>1038349
In Joker, our sheer determination and bumbling actually accomplished continuing the quest. There's enough agency there that even the QM doesn't know everything that could happen. I think it's a much more balanced quest, in that regard.
>>
File: 1429264884045.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1429264884045.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>1038337
>>1038344
>>
>>1038344
Oh fuck get that shit out of here
>>
What's the weirdest thing ever happen in a serious Quest?

First contender being
>>1038344
>>1038337
>>
>>1038352
None taken, I was just trying to help narrow it down through process of elimination.
>>
>>1038331
>I think the only quest bits that truly sucked was the agency and dice use.
Once you take away player agency (choice) and the dice (game mechanics), what's left other than the story?

Yeah, the Sword of Damocles was bugfuck retarded. You shouldn't have situations where the entire quest is save-or-die, especially not as the result of poorly understood metaphysical self-conflict.
>>
File: Maximum warm.jpg (75KB, 642x441px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum warm.jpg
75KB, 642x441px
>>1038376
>>
File: Maximum Dispair.jpg (79KB, 642x441px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Dispair.jpg
79KB, 642x441px
>>1038376
>>1038427
The context is even more disturbing than the art.
>>
>>1038430
>>1038427
What is the context?
>>
>>1038438
A dream where they got married and rotted to death together. Which may have been an alternate reality. We were not sure.
>>
File: wat.gif (662KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
662KB, 800x528px
>>1038467
Well, that's weird.
>>
>>1036917
Revved cores, anon.
Revved cores.
>>
Dragon girls, Fox girls, and Sorceresses of several sorts all playing house. The normal kind, not the lewd kind.

>>1038588
>>
>>1032534
A Tale in Ruins: A Dice-less Storytelling Game of Making our own twists of specific on specific TV shows/Books/Movies/Video Game properties/fandoms, is open for more suggestions! >>1038658
>>
>>1038583
But y
>>
>>1038695
Because Schteel is a lazy motherfucker. Just...really, REALLY lazy.
>>
>>1038467
>rotted to death together
Got eaten by worms at their own wedding, you mean
>>
>>1038695
Because Schteel sucks at everything, but especially eroticism.
>>
File: kill.jpg (20KB, 1008x58px) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg
20KB, 1008x58px
Never ever.
>>
File: Sad Eyes.png (117KB, 325x237px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Eyes.png
117KB, 325x237px
>Introduce female character
>Make her interesting enough to be liked
>Players: "I WANNA FUK HER!!!!XDXDXD"
>"Umm, can we flirt with her, QM?!"
>"Found our waifu!"
>>
>>1038879
>Introduce a female character
>She's not particularly likable or anything
>Players waifu her anyway because that's what's available
:^)
>>
File: Blonde Eww.jpg (96KB, 850x982px) Image search: [Google]
Blonde Eww.jpg
96KB, 850x982px
>>1038931
>Players will waifu anything with a vagina
They have to be either meme-ing or are that desperate for female interaction.
>>
>>1038931
>introduce ambiguous circumstance with enemy female vs. enemy male
>players side with female
>female mindfucks them and teleports them to nowhere
>players find child female
>adopt immediately
>marry not even four ingame months later
/:^]
>>
I miss Crusty
>>
>>1038931
That's far worse.

>>1038879
Hitting it off with a character that's not 'designated love interest' is fine, you fucking cunt.
>>
>>1038953
Which one?
>>
>>1038984
Not when she's the first girl and players do the same thing again for the next girl they meet. I'm not against romance but geez, do they want fuck anything that moves.
>>
>when you have to decide if you should plot armor the love interest or let things run their course
>>
>>1038994
Well that is fucking terrible when it does happen. Until you make the MC Johnny Bravo.

>>1039005
Harming them is the ultimate shitstorm, but go for it.
>>
>>1038991
SQ.

>>1039005
Nothing wrong with logical conclusions predicated on player agency and attention span.
>>
File: High Five2.gif (2MB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
High Five2.gif
2MB, 320x237px
> mfw the waifu wars start for real in my quest and whatever story I had gets ignored for players getting their dicks wet
>>
>>1038991
Just in case you were asking which one they married; it was the kid.
>>
File: 1453381818362.jpg (534KB, 1280x762px) Image search: [Google]
1453381818362.jpg
534KB, 1280x762px

>>1039141
>>
>quest is 2 years old
>quest is somehow shorter than my quest that has been running for months at best
>quest is actually shit
>quest has 20 times the discussion that mine does
Man, Akun statistics were a fucking mistake.

They just make me jealous of these lazy fucking shit at writing cunts that still enjoy massive success by coasting off a pandering premise. How the fuck do you write for 2 years and have just over 100k words? A year and a half hiatus? What the fuck?
>>
>>1039158
Akun is shit. More at 11. Akun has always been crap. It's just site for smut quests and has hardly good quests with great writing.
>>
>>1039158
Which quests?
>>
>>1039158
Killertpu?
>>
Marvel Redux Quest #2 is live and running!

Typo Edition!

>>1039245
>>
>>1039158
I'm sure your quest is good anon
>>
File: lion with magus gate.jpg (126KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
lion with magus gate.jpg
126KB, 500x613px
Kill Six Billion Demons quest, set during the Universal War and the Second Conquest.

Yes / No?
>>
>>1039662
No
>>
>>1039662
What's it about? The webcomic that is.
>>
>>1038952
>With a vagina
I've seen a riot shield waifued anon.
>>
>>1039662
If you just made it a fully plated OC version of the Universal War and the Second Conquest, sure.
The entertaining thing about KSBD is less setting backdrops and more the characters going through them. Specifically, a normal person put between various interpretations of divinity and creation with a twisted sort of fate. If you wanna do KSBD fanfiction you'll need to write it with that in mind.

Otherwise no. You'll just make fanfiction of a niche western Isekai webcomic.
>>
>>1039773
Nah, I meant specifically the various colorful demiurges and a new arrival to Throne. Not a reskinned Allison. Would you say that's not gonna be good?

>>1039700
It's basically a mix of the weirder parts of TES and Exalted.
>>
>>1039801
I can't say one way or another, I don't know how you'll QM it.
It's fanfiction of a super obscure IP... consider that some fairly popular games have fanfiction quests with 15-22ish mean participants, and KSBD is a lore dense web comic with multiple conflicting sources with only narrow points of agreement where the results of events are obvious or spelled out entirely. Which is no different from a properly built OC setting where history contains degrees of ambiguity.

It doesn't sound easy to run, is what I'd say.

But hey, maybe you're Soma? He talked about running fanfiction of KSBD along with a bunch of other stuff so if you're him go right ahead.
>>
>>1039973
I am not, but thanks for your input. I might start this weekend.
>>
Setting up Dats soon, should be within the hour
>>
File: BOOTY.png (165KB, 351x349px) Image search: [Google]
BOOTY.png
165KB, 351x349px
>>1040090
>>1040090
>>1040090

Jedi Knight Quest is back up!
>>
>>1039700
It's some faggy horseshit where every single person that matter is either a female or a tranny and they're all flirting with each other.

But it's """"""gnostic"""""" and """""esoteric""""" because the generic blue skinned waifubait alien has slightly pointy teeth or whatever
>>
>>1040133
Man bro, are you a stormtrooper because the themes and worldbuilding was two inches from your fucking face and somehow you still missed it.
>>
>>1040133
Everybody point at them and laugh for being so wrong. Maybe we can shame them from ever speaking again
>>
File: 1474647411464.jpg (58KB, 220x313px) Image search: [Google]
1474647411464.jpg
58KB, 220x313px
>>1040133
>>
>>1040157
Anything that has more than one female main character is a no-go I guess.
>>
File: F-14 AIM-152.jpg (150KB, 1000x710px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 AIM-152.jpg
150KB, 1000x710px
Pilot Quest will be running in 45 minutes!
>>
File: 1480749352165.jpg (49KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1480749352165.jpg
49KB, 728x546px
>>1040160
>>1040157
>>1040176
>>1040183
Name one noteworthy and important character that ISN'T a girl/tranny.

Even the only fucking interesting antagonist who was the only thing keeping me interested in the lolsorandumb shitfest just revealed themselves to be a faggot tranny angel recently
>>
>>1040253
Zoss. 2 Michael. Jagganoth.

(Praam Nand. Mammon.)

Easy, done.
>>
>>1040253
As >>1040271 mentioned. And even if those folks weren't on the list, why the fuck should it matter?

Even your juvenile bitching about the 'tranny' angel plot line is missing the essence of what White Chains was complaining about in the Void.
>>
>>1040253
Any of the angels except for White Chain, Liquid, and (now probably) Star Juggernaut

Hard to be really upset about the angels since they don't exactly have genders or even biology that compares to humans.

Also, how can anyone hate Ciocie Ciolle? Or Meti for that matter

>>1040271
Don't forget Solomon or Zane the not!Damsel in Distress.
>>
>>1040285
>why the fuck should it matter?
Because your worod is shallow and uninteresting if only one gender can ever impact it in a meaningful way.

On top of that, it smacks of either political agenda or covering up your failure to tell an interesting story with crass waifu pandering.
>>1040271
A fat lot they've all amounted to.
>>
File: laugh at them.png (198KB, 389x365px) Image search: [Google]
laugh at them.png
198KB, 389x365px
>>1040312
>>
File: 1482166496514.jpg (7KB, 252x200px)
1482166496514.jpg
7KB, 252x200px
>>1040321
>I have no argument so I'm just going to post pictures and hope no one realizes I'm retarded!
>>
File: the rarest dean.png (284KB, 537x349px) Image search: [Google]
the rarest dean.png
284KB, 537x349px
>>1040312
>Solomon
>A fat lot they've all amounted to.
>>
>>1040337
I see you're resorting to the "u mad bro" technique. Could use some work, my ignorant friend
>>
File: 1480922499958.png (336KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480922499958.png
336KB, 720x540px
>>1040354
>no I'm going to say u mad and call you iggnant and hope that makes you go away!
That's nice.
>>
File: Heresy.jpg (9KB, 295x171px)
Heresy.jpg
9KB, 295x171px
>>1040312
's an interesting claim there buddy, that the story has failed to be interesting. I wonder how it's gonna hold up against the complex characterization, engaging worldbuilding, consistent flow of action, wonderful art, and -

Oh wait. It doesn't.

Jagganoth threatens to destroy all of creation. Solomon and Incubus are his equals as co-rulers of all of reality. The Conquering King was notably male, 2 Michael and the Metatron play kingmakers from the void, Cio's husband schemes and dares beyond even her willingness to do so, but, hey, men just aren't important in this comic.

I don't have a .gif for sarcastic jazz hands so you get this instead.
>>
>>1040321
>>1040337
No, he's right.

Like, Juggernaut? The cool skeleton riding a throne-cycle?
Actually a girl with a tragic backstory lmao!
Let's not even get into how Cio slowly morphed into a waifu over the course of the comic.

Ugh, and then there's the whole fucking setup to the story.
Everyone thinks the chosen one is Zaid!
Actually it's this sorority girl.

SJW bullshit.
>>
>>1040385
>complex characterization
That's precious.
"LOLI LOL I'M SUCH A NERDY GRRL THAT MARY SUE'S THROUGH EVERYTHING"
"AND I'M HER BLUE FANFICTION WRITING NOT!WAIFU. DON'T HIT ON ME U SILLY BOIS"
"AND I'M A SAD TRANDY ANGEL WHO'S SAD BECAUSE SHE'S A TRANNY AND THOSE MEAN OLD STRICT WHITE MAKES I MEAN ANGELS WON'T ACCEPT ME!"
>engaging worldbuilding
You mean the shit that follows the 40K method of "if the name takes 40 minutes to pronounce then it's DEEP and ENGAGING" and all falls by the wayside in the favor of waifushit anyways?
>consistent flow of action
I'd hardly call it constant. Or even good. Narratively or just action, the story meanders pathetically.
>wonderful art
Pffffffffffffffffft.

The art is garbage. It's an inconsistent, blobby mess now watch you say "I'd like to see you do better!"
>>
Fuck I have no idea about this series but I hate tranny bullshit and I hate Vox so what do i do?

Um, uh

>>1040285

You suck for your opinion!

Yeah! YEAH!
>>
>>1040337
>>1040373
Okay. Solomon saved the "Waifubait" in the first pages and mentored them (for a slim given meaning of mentor).
They're also THE origin of the setting's modern state, and they're way far from done from having an impact on the Waifubait.

You said name one, this is one, but several have been given. If you can't argue that each and every one of these are not noteworthy or important characters when they've shown themselves to be the fallacy falls on your side for proving the doubt.

There's also the major behind-the-scenes angel antag, Michael, Juggernaut Star's bossman.

>>1040386
SJW shit doesn't point out that these kinds of characters are monsters. Because they're politically motivated by identity they consider things fine so long as they're insisted by their gender. Comics that do that, and shoehorn in homosexuality, don't go through the extra trouble. That isn't the case for KSBD.

>>1040432
Now you're calling Allison a Sue, so prove that too.

>>1040448
You're alright, Trick.
>>
>>1040432
Or, nevermind even. You're just buttmad about the recent character reveal, aren't you?
>>
>>1040461
>That isn't the case for KSBD
Nah.
>Allison and Cio
>Tranny angel shit (if looking like a human is so bad, why can't they look like male humans?)
>Maya (the strongest person in the entire universe is a fat brown woman! Sooo subversive.)
>Mottom
>The stupid engineer girl they picked up recently that no one cares about why is she there
>Cio again

It's SJW shit.
>>
>>1040461
>They're also THE origin of the setting's modern state, and they're way far from done from having an impact on the Waifubait.
And now they have zero goddamn presence. Congratulations, your Obi-Wan who disappears after the first act is your only noteworthy """male""". That's exactly my fucking point.
>>1040478
I found it unsurprising and yet disappointing all the same.
>>
>>1040478
The tranny shit was dumb and obviously shoehorned in at the last minute to appeal to Tumblr.

It makes no sense given his previous character.
>>
I will say I am tired of people doing that shit like in Steven Universe where it's like

>These are clearly lesbians

NO THEY ARE SPACE ROCKS HOW DARE YOU

>They are lesbians. This is a show about three lesbians raising a fat child.

SPACE ROCKS FORGET ALL THE CREATURES THAT LOOK EXTREMELY LIKE HUMAN FEMALES THAT HAVE SEX ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!
>>
File: deathamongthestarsquest.gif (41KB, 190x223px) Image search: [Google]
deathamongthestarsquest.gif
41KB, 190x223px
>>1040088
Death Among the Stars Quest 61 is up!
>>1040520
>>1040520
>>
>>1040491
>Tranny angel shit (if looking like a human is so bad, why can't they look like male humans?)

If gender is 'insipid' (2 Michael), why call each other 'brother'?

All these stormtroopers just missin' shit up in here.
>>
>>1040535
>>1040535
>>1040535

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now up and running.
>>
>>1040534
God your posts just ooze with exactly why you are a horrible fit for fucking 4chan. Goddammit go to fucking /co/ or reddit or somewhere else you fucking cunt.

You might be totally right as I know nothing about this series but the fact that you have unironically wrote the fucking phrase

>stormtroopers

twice now just screams how . . . fuck me, mate.

Like just please fucking stop being you.
>>
File: Dogan_01.jpg (49KB, 595x447px) Image search: [Google]
Dogan_01.jpg
49KB, 595x447px
>>1040534
>if you disagree with me you're a Nazi
And you say this comic isn't SJW
>>
File: eeeyyyy.jpg (30KB, 540x262px) Image search: [Google]
eeeyyyy.jpg
30KB, 540x262px
>>1040534
Vox, never stop being you. Keep pissing Trick off.
>>
>>1040548
I don't have much anyone else to be, Trick.
>>
>>1040534
>If gender is 'insipid' (2 Michael), why call each other 'brother'?
Woah, good work! You've discovered one of Abaddon's many, many plotholes.

Even one of the angels bitching White Chain out for being a deviant had an entirely human body save for his head, and some wings.
White Chain also couldn't pass for human, with all the extra eyes, feathers, and wings.

Abaddon just doesn't really think these things through, and it's clear he wanted to whine about muh patriarchy more than he wanted to build a consistent and interesting world.
>>
>>1040563

A fucking corpse, for one.
>>
>>1040556
Broseph, if I can reference you back to >>1040157 you may notice I was calling back to the insult from earlier.

Get'cher sights checked buddy.
>>
>>1040573
Yes. And I ignored you trying to slung by calling me a literal neonazi the first time because I'm a better person than you and was willing to attack your argument instead if trying to make you into a strawman I can burn as an effigy to the god of """progressivism""".

But now that your entire argument is just "I don't like your words, that makes you a Nazi", I'm going to point out your cultish goddamn shame tactics for what they are.
>>
>>1040598

This.

>>1040573
>>
>>1040598
>trying to slung
Sling mud, rather. Damn phone's acting up
>>
File: q1.gif (829KB, 1363x5954px) Image search: [Google]
q1.gif
829KB, 1363x5954px
>>1040497
Then I don't know why you've read it this far when considering it so unentertaining. At least, say, calling out character inconsistency has something to it. Other than that it just sounds like you can't stand to see people talking about something you don't like.

>your Obi-Wan who disappears after the first act is your only noteworthy male. That's exactly my fucking point.
But this is only true if you continue ignoring all the other ones that others and myself have mentioned. Which you've consistently done very well.

>>1040491
>>1040569
SJW shit does not, ever, make their own "people" look like the bad guys. That's what you're missing to make it true SJW. It's not like it's the best thing ever, it's western Isekai in a webcomic pulling from as many religious and thematic peels as it can, but SJW is pretty far from what it is.

Not even counting that the eviler half of the creator and chaos is a woman, which is also something SJW wouldn't do.

>>1040532
Actually I have something you might like Trick.
>>
>>1040598
If this is your first introduction to Star Wars I can only stare in awe.
>>
File: q2.gif (791KB, 1363x5739px) Image search: [Google]
q2.gif
791KB, 1363x5739px
>>1040548
pt2 4 u.
>>
>>1040618
>make their own "people" look like the bad guys
How does Allison look bad?

The only time Cio looked bad was in her backstory, which is tragic and to make up for it she's now a fanfic-writing hyper randumb lesbian.

How does White Chain look bad?

How does Maya look bad?

Mottom was again presented as a tragic character.

Same with Juggernaut.

It's apparently okay that they're horrible, awful people, so long as they have some tragic backstory.
>>
>>1040618
I fucking knew it. I fucking knew you were STORYTIEM shilling your own faggotry again.

And now you'll switch IP's aND "happen upon" this thread in an effort to prove me wrong.

You were always a shit, SU is still propaganda, you ain't clever, and Iron Giant was mediocre at best.
>>
>>1040643
>This autistic paranoia
Keep going man, keep going. Gonna grab some popcorn.
>>
>>1040619
Nice backpedaling, cutie pie. Now scamper along and go write your cringy waifu quest about dungeoneering lesbians or whatever
>>
>>1040619

>I wasn't referring at all to the idea of stormtroopers being nazis or the stormfront internet site where all the online neo nazis congregate

>I was just making a "stormtroopers miss when they shoot" LOL joke from Star Wars because I'm some 40 year old faggot

God Vox if it was anyone but you I'd call you out on trying to hide behind that dumbass double meaning to disguise your fucking mud slinging but I know you well enough to know that's exactly what fucking happened.

Goddammit you are just, like, fucking, fuck me I hate you.
>>
>>1040647
Oh fuck off asshole, that was me, not him, and I was having a bad few days.

For the record, though, namefags are still subhuman.
>>
>>1040648
> Make a joke about /missing/ the point
> Clearly the stormtroopers referenced can't be the ones that have been the butt of this joke for decades

Stay mad, broseph.

>>1040569
> Woah, good work! You've discovered one of Abaddon's many, many plotholes.

I'd buy this more if Chains herself hadn't called it out at the time too. Maybe it is a hole but personally I'm betting on that getting explored more.
>>
>>1040677
Best way to hide a plothole from your audience is to have a character point it out, but then never really rectify or address it beyond that.
>>
>>1040682
I suppose we'll have to see how it shakes out, then.
>>
>>1040696
It'll shake out in a heavy-handed metaphor for being transgender.

Abaddon is an SJW.
He lives in fucking Portland.
>>
>>1040696
Or not, because abbadon is a meandering faggot who is too concerned with revealing which character is LGBT
>>
File: F-14 Sundowners.jpg (491KB, 1900x900px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 Sundowners.jpg
491KB, 1900x900px
Pilot quest is running right now!

>>1040688
>>1040688
>>1040688
>>
Today I learned Kill 6 Billion Demons was Tranny SJW bullshit and that Vox should die.
>>
>>1040734
Good.
>>
>>1040734
>Trusting anything you see on 4chan
>>
>>1040636
Well, this is going to be entirely up to interpretation.
Allison is an inexperienced college girl who, If the author is worth a damn, will suffer more than just physical pain to push through a struggle. I don't think Allison is yet a strong character at all, but I also don't think she's really accomplished anything special but minor build up. The reasons she cared about her boyfriend are also childishly frail.

I agree with Cio, because I dislike that character but not just because of the in-universe fanfiction. Cio, I think, is just a plainly bad written character. All the characterization is simple to a T, and they're pretty boring.

White Chain I'm unsure about.

Maya turned into a killer because of adoration related to the cutting arts, I have no way to say she looks good, she looks somewhat neutral so far but her backstory is at least questionable.

Mottom still looks like an evil idiot to me, anon. She's an insightless bitch that kills out of fear, she's a case study for bad ex's. Also, it wasn't presented as tragic. It was the character saying "oh look how tragic it is isn't power awful? pity me little girl!" and then getting BTFO about it.

Juggernaut's a genocidal menace and angels aren't creatures worthy of forgiveness.

I will agree that Abbadon is overplaying tragic backstories to make Throne and its character's look like victims of circumstance, because that's just obviously lazy writing. But SJW is on a different tier. Faggy is acceptable.

>>1040643
I'm glad I'm not, actually. He's way got more experience pointing out problems with things like this and that's not experience I'm gonna go out of my way to earn.

>>1040734
Don't forget: I'm STORYTIEM.
>>
>>1040747
Put your name back on, Abaddon.
>>
>>1040748
>Don't forget: I'm STORYTIEM.
I don't know what that is, but it sounds like a collosal faggot.

You fit the bill pretty well in that case.
>>
>>1040764
>B-but that's why I'm here, w-with you...
>>
>>1040748
>The reasons she cared about her boyfriend are also childishly frail
Literally just so she can be a lesbian now.
In a good story, she'd actually care about finding him, or at least she'd be a lesbian in the first place and would be looking for her girlfriend.

>Cio, I think, is just a plainly bad written character. All the characterization is simple to a T, and they're pretty boring.
Good, I'm glad we agree.

>White Chain I'm unsure about.
Don't be. She exists mainly for Abaddon to push his tranny shit.

>Maya turned into a killer because of adoration related to the cutting arts, I have no way to say she looks good, she looks somewhat neutral so far but her backstory is at least questionable.
Her design is clearly an attempt to pander to Tumblr. There's no reason for her to be, at least, obese - as Abaddon himself has realised of late, having drawn her with a much thinner waist and overall more attractive proportions.

>It was the character saying "oh look how tragic it is isn't power awful? pity me little girl!" and then getting BTFO about it.
Yeah, in-universe. But out of it she's still some woman who was abused by an evil male all her life.
SJW shit.

>Juggernaut's a genocidal menace and angels aren't creatures worthy of forgiveness.
Hahaha doesn't stop Abaddon from trying.

>But SJW is on a different tier
Nah this is SJW shit. Not over the top SJW shit, certainly, but the comic is undoubtedly written by an SJW, just one that's also a vaguely competent writer.
Vaguely.
>>
>>1040734
It took you this long to realize that vox deserves death?
>>
>>1040779
No.

That's just a fact I relearn every goddamn day he opens his shitty fucking mouth.

Holy shit.

[FUCKING TRIGGERED]
>>
>>1040785
We had such love once, Trick.
>>
>>1040810
No we didn't.

I reviewed your quest because it was shit and it was the only way to express how much I think you're a fucking faggot without just calling you a fucking faggot.

FUCK YOU DAD!
>>
>>1032534

Is it OK if I list Left Beyond Quest?

>>1039018 and preceding.
>>
>>1040776
I'll agree with you if there's a lesbian sex scene or fade to black while they fly the high flag of Matriarchy over Solomon's sodomized corpse. I've seen too much SJW shit to call this genuine SJW shit.

Even calling it SJW-lite still feels dishonest. Abbadon's other stuff isn't even debatable compared to KSBD in it's corruption, so I'll wait to trash it until it's realized.

And if that day comes I'll post on the QTG about how much of a shit they are, and how much of a SJW they are, but not until then.

>>1040810
Vox shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1040870
NO!

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE GIESTKLEMPNER BEFORE YOU GET HURT IN THE CROSSFIRE!
>>
>>1040870
>Four IPs
Ouch.
>>
Where did vox even come from? He strikes me as someone from the tumblr colony known as /co/ or just tumblr itself
>>
>>1040817
Well then y'fucked up 'cause your review was genuinely helpful.
>>
>>1040903

You're almost on the money. he's some guy from other parts of the internet that decided to start running a quest on 4chan. He is probably the type of white person to be all about "respecting other people's cultures" or respecting tranny gender identity by using the "proper" pronouns but simultaneously refuses to respect the actual culture of the site he is using to pimp out for his quest fanbase and continue to be a giant newfaggot but unfortunately the state of 4chan has decayed so much that nobody gives a shit anymore about absolute, RECKLESS NEWFAGGOTRY THE LIKES OF WHICH MAKE ME FUCKING CRINGE MY EYEBALLS INTO THE FUCKING STRATOSPHERE!

>>1040907

Of course the review was genuinely helpful because if it wasn't it would just be salty bitching which is fucking unbecoming and happens to be exactly what I'm doing right now.

PLEASE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF.

It was also supposed to make you shut the fuck up about asking for criticism but of course you keep asking for more.
>>
By the way guys could you stop using trips? Thanks.
>>
>>1040989
Take off yours first 75XFKWfU

>Wait but I can't

You can cycle your IP every single time you post but you don't.

If you won't dedicate yourself to absolute anonymity with every post then why should anyone else.
>>
Holy shit, why is Trick such an edgy faggot.

It's like he wants to be some little tryhard planefag.
>>
>>1041004
Because this is my safe space and names makes me feel vulnerable.
Can't you just not be such a massive dong and take off your name and trip?
It's not like when the next QTG rolls around we won't know it's you when you post anyways, same as anyone who plays my quest just hasn't pointed out which faggot I am.
>>
>>1041018
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>1041018
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>1041018
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>1041043

>Do this ineffective thing that won't hide your vibrant personality Trick.

>So we can pretend anonymity means something these days even though it clearly doesn't.
>>1041018
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>1041116
>Do this ineffective thing that won't hide your vibrant personality Trick.
>So we can pretend anonymity means something these days even though it clearly doesn't.
Yes. Thank you, I'm glad we understand each other. But be a good boy and try removing the trip next time.
>>
>>1041128

Only if I get genuine good boy points for my good boy behavior.
>>
>>1041116
Take your trip off.
>>
File: qtgGBPR000.png (190KB, 576x600px) Image search: [Google]
qtgGBPR000.png
190KB, 576x600px
>>1041136
Sure. Good Boy Points are now a thing.
I'll give you five if you drop 'em for even just one post.
>>
After nearly an hour of internet problems, Alchemical Blade Quest is back up and running for the night!

>>1030425
>>
>>1041245

Easiest good boy points of my whole life.
>>
File: qtgGBPR001.png (198KB, 576x650px) Image search: [Google]
qtgGBPR001.png
198KB, 576x650px
>>1041276
God damn it I didn't fucking expect you to do this. Fuck. I had already flattened the god damn image too. This hard to change.
>>
Good evening, quest buddies.

How are you today?
>>
>>1041324

Getting used to this board. Looking over this thread, seems like this is where all the shitposting happens.
>>
>>1041380
That is correct, yes.
>>
File: 7a5c66688e34c48062ae27ee117b60f0.png (336KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
7a5c66688e34c48062ae27ee117b60f0.png
336KB, 1000x1000px
>>1041380
Cutie-Gee has always been the place where everyone rants and vents about things they don't want happening. It's the drama capitol of the questing community, and even sometimes manages to drag drama from other communities over here.

It's also the only place to get any kind of news on what is running and what people are excited for, so I hope you'll stick around!

Maybe pitch a quest idea you might have. You don't have to run it, but the thought exercise is important because it's the few times we seem to stop bitching about each other to discuss ideas.
What you can really do if you want to get attention is get some really good looking fanart and just keep coming back every /qtg/ thread saying "Hey guys! Look! I'm not dead! This thread will go up aaaaaany day now! Just wait! :^)"

I'm guilty of this, but I didn't do it on purpose. I did it because a major life change happened exactly the week I was going to start my quest. So, who here wants a quest about playing as a healer?
>>
>>1040887

huh?
>>
>>1041380
Yes thank you, we're very proud of that.
>>
>>1041408
I'm intrigued. Could you tell me more without spoiling anything?
>>
>>1015895

I'm running Panzer Commander Quest once more this weekend, as much as I would like to have the usual completely inconsistent speed and absolutely unacceptable delays between updates this weekend I'm trying something different.
>>
>>1041408

Thanks, I'm still liking the place. I was really surprised to find this board, never thought 4chan would have something like this. Then again, haven't been here in years.

I actually already started a quest. Figured I'd learn by just jumping in.
>>
>>1040887
>>Four IPs
>Ouch.

I don't get it.

>>1040876

Eh, derp. I hope it's been an interesting read so far is all.
>>
>>1041408
oooh, you're back. It's always the Curse messing things up, 'innit?
>>
>>1041408
Make the healer a doctor
Get rid of the magical girl bullshit
Make the doctor a vampire
>>
>>1041728
he already did step one and two, so...
>>
>>1041728

Franken Fran?
>>
>>1041408
Healer yes but as a gay male doctor. Healers have tainted by /v/'s shitty healslut meme.
>>
>>1041879

> trap healslut quest
>>
File: 970c778f4d438d44ab52c0134ff8d58e.jpg (163KB, 785x1111px) Image search: [Google]
970c778f4d438d44ab52c0134ff8d58e.jpg
163KB, 785x1111px
>>1041440

Oh wow, someone is interested again!

My idea at one time was to make a quest starring a healer who had discovered a cure for a plague in a world where the plague was considered incurable. It would play kind of like a mystery, and the main antagonism in the story would be the towns and places you visit who have all been ravaged by this plague and are basically desperate this point (but not trusting of you at all, because people who can claim to cure it are a dime a dozen).

I was considering at one time making it Final Fantasy based because I like how White Mages look. If I ever run it, I would reconsider.

>>1041596
It is. I still don't have the time.

>>1041728
You again?! You run your vampire quest, first!

>>1041879
You would NOT be a healslut. you would be more akin to a detective.
>>
>>1041494
That is a way to start, but jumping in can be stressful.

If you want, you could link the quest here if you think you might need more players.

Good luck!
>>
>>1042255
This seems like an interesting idea. Would we be looking to sell the drug or give it away? Can we teach other people to make it or is it too hard to learn? Do we need to get supplies to make it so we have to earn money on it just to continue to make it? Or is it purely a magical cure and we just need enough time?
>>
>>1042414
Give it away, and it's not a singular drug but it is physical. It's more akin to a treatment that relies on having to change the habits of people.

I say 'Give it away', but I guess players could go full-on evil in thread 1 and demand a ransom for it. That said, they probably wouldn't be the first ones to try that.
>>
Aaaand there we go, the update proves that this is all just a metaphor for self-hating tranny shit.
>>
>>1043250
I don't follow.
>>
>>1043270
He's talking about Kill 6 Billion Demons again.
>>
>>1043250
You can't just drop that and not explain the context!
>>
>>1043283
As far as I can tell, flaming wheel deploys fiery angry knight ghost. Fiery angry knight ghost about to murder some old woman, stops, shows vulnerability and says "I'm tired" while showing a definitely feminine face, then goes back to being a fiery angry knight ghost when the old lady makes note of it, and runs away while proclaiming she's leaving them to 'rot in your own purile existence'.
>>
/qst please tell me of your favourite quests that have been abandoned this week
>>
>>1043329
Banished Quest
>>
>>1043329
Faun quest. ;_;
>>
>>1043329
>>1043333
this
>>
>>1043329
DWMA.
QM curse is progressing
>>
>>1043297
Ghodt Rider?
I don't see the problem
>>
>>1043333
Why? How could this happen?
Did it at least get a finale?
>>
>>1043728
>Finale
>In sidequest: the quest.

Think about that one for a moment. Or don't. We know Soma isn't.
>>
>>1043729
Did he just pop up one day and say "hey I am gone, see all you suckers on the other side"?
>>
>>1043730
Verbatim.
>>
>>1043333
Lies, he'll be back.
>>
I wonder if stardust qm still exist
>>
>>1043831
He does, he posts in /tg/. Try /cyoag/
>>
I'm the review archiver. Due to the holidays, I haven't been here since the end of December and missed several QTGs. Have there been any reviews that should be added to the pastebin archive?
>>
>>1043883
Any reviews by Cosmic should be removed from the pastebin.
>>
>>1043883
None posted openly in qtg, whatsoever.
>>
File: lamplighter.jpg (989KB, 1386x1239px) Image search: [Google]
lamplighter.jpg
989KB, 1386x1239px
I want Lamplighter Quest back.
>>
>>1043903
needs more eyebags and saggy faceskin
>>
So has anyone run a RWBY quest that went the distance yet?
>>
>>1043859
He's not gonna continue his quest?
>>
>>1043942
Probably not. It's been over half a year.
>>
>>1043953
Shame. Oh well, what can you do. Thanks anon
>>
Has Akun shit its pants for anyone else?
>>
>>1043969
Isn't akun in perpetual state of shitting it's pants?
>>
>>1043977
Yes but sometimes its worse than others
>>
>>1043969
Not responding to me either.
>>
I guess I should post here even if it's a little late.
DanganQuesta part 6 has started and the 2nd trial is underway.
>>1038382

After the trial is over, it will be time to once again have people roll to decide who dies next.
>>
Shinigami Savant Quest is Live and Running!
This episode: Bureaucracy: the true form of Hell.
>>1044028
>>
>Every three kingdoms quest I know of has had the qm flake

WHy do they always die, anons? I just want to have fun. I'd even settle for a Nobunaga's Ambition kind of quest.
>>
File: crying feelguy.jpg (9KB, 216x233px)
crying feelguy.jpg
9KB, 216x233px
>>1044304

I hate Raian.
>>
>>1044304
Cause I think QMs underestimate how much micromanagement is involved, how long the quest will actually take, etc. Specially if they are carbon copying the games mechanics.
>>
>>1044304
Because it's a lot of work and you didn't make yours yet
>>
>>1044304
Because you didn't make it worth continuing.
>>
File: 1470039755807.jpg (53KB, 700x483px) Image search: [Google]
1470039755807.jpg
53KB, 700x483px
LGA2 is up.

>>1044515
>>
A new episode of Starcaller Quest is up!
>>1044728
>>1044728
>>1044728
>>
Oh look, Jedi Knight Quest is running again. We're picking lightsaber colors and other important shit probably

>>1040090
>>1040090
>>1040090
>>
>>1045339
>We're picking lightsaber colors

If they don't pick Blue or Green your playerbase are a bunch of special snowflake faggots. Yellow is okay too I guess.
>>
>>1045355
Eh, I'm okay with them picking whatever but I'd like to hope that they'd roleplay the character we've made so far.
>>
File: 600px-RBG_color_wheel.svg.png (42KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
600px-RBG_color_wheel.svg.png
42KB, 600x500px
>>1045373
What about True Blue?
>>
>>1045485
I'd be happy with blue, green, cyan, yellow, or orange. They all look nice and aren't too flashy or connotative of nature.
>>
File: 1484434420922.png (48KB, 468x214px) Image search: [Google]
1484434420922.png
48KB, 468x214px
Smuts done and I'm live

http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/non-canon-smut/7Z3gjMEDmSup7TZ7Z
>>
File: suicide-header.jpg (130KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
suicide-header.jpg
130KB, 640x360px
Would you play a Task Force X quest?
>>
>>1046083
>Capeshit
>>
File: ll.jpg (96KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ll.jpg
96KB, 1024x576px
>>1046091
Yep.
>>
>>1046083
I'd be down for it. Questguy's Statesmen Quest could have ended up like that but we decided to open up a supplementary school for superhuman kids. Who would be on the roster?

>>1046091
t. only a bitter little adolescent boy who confuses realism with pessimism and never gambled that stamp.
>>
>>1046133
I'm still deciding on it, but I'm pretty sure switching from Waller's POV to character POV would be interesting.
Then again, I'm not sure I'd be skilled enough to handle it properly.
>>
>>1046133
Nah I like superheroes, just not capeshit. Or not DC/Marvel capeshit, anyway.
>>
To the two people who played something quest, thank you. It was a good warm up. (Although I'm sad you didn't manage to get into the strip club.)
Tomorrow I'm going to restart a quest I tried back in September. Got a lot of potential. It's about archeology.

See you then.
>>
>>1046211
Comedy or serious quest?
>>
File: Stufful and Neo.jpg (256KB, 1468x1666px) Image search: [Google]
Stufful and Neo.jpg
256KB, 1468x1666px
RWBY Quest: Remnant Knights is up!

>>1046240
>>1046240
>>1046240
>>
>>1046228
I'd say discworld level.
>>
File: Venia.jpg (533KB, 1600x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Venia.jpg
533KB, 1600x1165px
>>1038425
>>1038331
>>1038165
>>1038185
>>1038195

I'm surprised people are talking about this still. It's very humbling to come back and read some good criticism about it. If I ever do this again, I'll try to avoid these problems.

Shadow Quest was at its best when it was relatively unplanned. When I had no plans, player agency was at its peak because I would just go with the flow and form a backdrop around what actions the players took. This was pretty much going until the escape from the ring city, which is, coincidentally, also the portion of the quest everyone said they liked most.

But I'd fleshed out quite a bit of the world, and I couldn't make things up totally on the fly anymore; too much was set in stone already. Or so I thought; the reality is that I'd already made up long-term plot points in my head. I grew too attached to a narrative. What I thought would be "light nudging" to get players where they needed to go for the dramatic reveals and major plot events I was so excited about was just justified railroading. It turned the story into prefabricated turn-the-page questing with the only actual player input being -roll dice now- and -write creative speech-. ESPECIALLY the last portion of the quest. The whole point of a quest is that the players create the narrative and the major plot events themselves. If they wanted it the other way, they'd read a book.

Sometimes, you have to learn the hard way. Hindsight is 20/20. Future QMs: don't write a quest like a book!

I think the other major mistake was holding onto a natural critical failure while having the whole Doom Paul thing going at the same time. There's being enthusiastic and having a little fun to engage readers, and then there's smug-ass shitposting.

Fun fact: the entire Archonium adventure was entirely winged right off the seat of my pants. I felt like some growing criticisms were justified and was trying to shake things up for myself. But then we got back outside, eventually, and I was right back in my plot. Old habits die hard.

I still have to do Edgyquest...eventually. Did anyone ever take up that theme?

Maybe the key for me is to keep the quest limited in scope, or shorter, overall. The problems were at their height when I started thinking 10, 20 threads ahead.
>>
>>1047081
>>1047081
>>1047081

Mistborn Quest is back and you're in the shoes of a girl named Lee.
>>
>reading House Malroy quest archives on recommendation
>really getting into it, love the MC and his cast, the huge history and lore behind the House, best GoT quest since Karban
>get to the trial, last thread, mad hype
>only disappointment since

Why must all good things die? Surprised on one has picked up and done a GoT quest with the SIFRP rules since either.
>>
File: VV.png (337KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VV.png
337KB, 640x480px
What would you want in a VtMB quest?
>>
>>1047316
Why the game specifically? Wouldn't it just be a VtM quest?
>>
>>1047119
huh, who woulda thunk that this guy would show up

anyway I didn't read your quest except via archives (I stopped around the flying island or something out of frustration with Archonium and annoyance at its results) but it was definitely and undeniably a landmark quest. good on you for writing it, even with all of its flaws
>>
>>1047316
Have you even read the RPG?
>>
I want more cute. What is running which is just pure cute?
>>
>>1047119
SHHOAADDDDUUURRR MASSSSHHHTTTUUURRRR

>I still have to do Edgyquest...eventually. Did anyone ever take up that theme?
People have tried but haven't gone far with it.

Oh god. It's fucking weird thinking I know your name now. Now all we need is that annoying namefag to deliver the comics.
>>
>>1047552

Panzer Commander Quest is going on for the weekend. A suspicious lack of tanks in an ostensibly tank centered quest will be dealt with.
>>
>>1044304
Because waifu and commanderfu wars, and the shits who are still salty about previous quest shitposting about benevolence at every occasion.
>>
File: 1479041322824.jpg (652KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479041322824.jpg
652KB, 1280x1024px
The raiders continues: >>1047880

Nowhere else can you find hot githyanki girls, half-orc bondage slaves, and dragons as well as plot.
>>
I wonder, is QTG still complete cancer?

According to this thread, yes it is
>>
>>1048198
>Is everything this anon says total bullshit?
>Find this one case
>Yes, everything he says is total bullshit.
>>
>>1047316
I would want Machiavellian politics, Sabbat vs Camarilla vs Independent power struggles, and ancient sins of the antediluvians rising out of the past to afflict their descendants. I'd really, really want the story to be told from the Sabbat side of things because that wasn't an option in Bloodlines.
>>
Updating a quest is fine to primate here right?

>>1048372
>>1048372
>>1048372

>>1035539

Beware: >>1035152
>>
File: IMG_7593.png (409KB, 487x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7593.png
409KB, 487x594px
>>1048386
>Primate.
PROMOTE

>mfw phoneposting
>>
>>1039184
It hasnt -always- been crap. It was originally just a replacement for questing on /tg/.

And then it became crap. I still remember the first threat that the dev made. I ran one of the first stories ever on it.
>>
>>1048448
What quest? There's a reasonable chance I'd remember it.

Honestly, the smut influx was what killed the site. Before that it had a real community and a comfy atmosphere. Afterwards it was just constant shitposting in general chat.
>>
>>1048448
I vaguely remember that it was all just shitty anime quests at the beginning. I think you're being blinded by nostalgia.
>>
>>1048463
Oh no, I know that all of the quests run on it were shit.

But the site and idea of it wasnt. It was just tainted by the quests.

>>1048460
They were all shit and I am horribly embarrassed by them. One of them was a zombie apocalypse type story that I ran with another guy to test out the joint-QM feature. And then the other guy stopped responding when I tried to talk with him (and also his parts were all shit IMO) so it died.
>>
>>1047119
Good guy QM takes criticism well. Good form.
>>
Should a Nazi quest end in death, despair or a war crimes tribunal? I kind of feel like they should unless you made plans to escape to Argentina or something.

I dislike the alt history stories where you win everything because they're actually less realistic than science fiction.
>>
>>1040647
He wasn't wrong.

>>1040663
>>1040785
>>1040973
Guys I think Trick might be upset.
>>
>>1048785
>1 post by this ID.
>Responds to something 2 days later.

t. Faggot.
>>
>>1048785
Dude it's been two days.
>>
>>1048772
>>1048772
I suggest the latter. I like the idea of Nazi trying their hardest to hide in Latin America.
>>
LGA2 is up.

>>1048901

>>1048893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgbgEvOxQ_E
>>
>>1048903
How many cores will we rev?
>>
A session of Starcaller Quest is running right now!
>>1049007
>>1049007
>>1049007
>>
File: Winnie White Fell Fireworks.png (803KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Winnie White Fell Fireworks.png
803KB, 800x450px
>>1049202

Winniequest returns!
>>
>>1049253
>furfag scooby doo fanfiction quest
>nobody calls you out for this shit
/qtg/ has truly fallen far
>>
>>1050205
>>1050205
>>1050205

Earthbender Quest be runnin', yo
>>
>>1050172
Do we have to? It's Cosmic. All retardation is already implied every time he posts. It'd be kind of redundant.

Sky is blue, grass is green, Cosmic writes scooby doo fanfic shit.
>>
>>1050216
The fact that this is commonplace makes it worse not better.
>>
File: 2.1.jpg (614KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.jpg
614KB, 890x890px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/28-a-rising-shadow/8jBXrRko89FZoxwQd
>>
File: F-14 AMRAAM stations.jpg (15KB, 387x241px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 AMRAAM stations.jpg
15KB, 387x241px
Pilot quest is running right now!
>>1040688
>>1040688
>>1040688
>>
Ayo where the bots at

http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-11-what-a-shock/uHpnYzxacinXb7PN8
>>
>>1050333
There's really not much you can do about the village idea except shale your head in pity.

Erotic scooby doo fanfiction is all he has left in his life, anything we say to him can't be more cruel than reality already is to him.
>>
Do you prefer hidden mechanics or to know how everything works in a quest?
>>
>>1051704
I prefer mechanics that work. Whether the QM can convince me that it does through the explanation or just by how the quest runs, as long as I feel the mechanics work it's fine.
>>
>>1051395
So what if he has a sob story? The quest is still cancerous faggotry at a level that shouldn't even be possible.
>>
File: 1484422096096.jpg (115KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1484422096096.jpg
115KB, 623x414px
>tfw having less and less time to QM and more and more bullshit gets in the way when you have time to run fucking with your update speed and writing

Wat do?
>>
>>1052628
Do what Soma did and drop your quest
>>
>>1052704
did he actually drop banished or is he just missing in action again
>>
>>1052720
Dropped it.
>>
>>1052628
Bite your lip. Try not to feel bad about betraying the players that stuck with you and were waiting for your quest to continue. Fret nervously each day that one of them will question why you haven't run, and internalize the creeping depression that sets in which tells you that no matter what your answer is, the ineffable fact is that you failed them. No matter how legitimate your reasons, how miserable you became, or what emergency came up, at the end of the day, you left them alone.

Go to bed unsettled, thinking "maybe tomorrow", but realize that what free time you had was consumed unexpectedly by life, and the coming week is bursting to the seams with demands and obligations which gnaw at your conscience, all of which are of paramount importance to your continued living - be it health, finance or education. Lay awake in bed and hate yourself as you realize you're quietly trying to deceive yourself with little white lies that even you can't believe, and imagine how hollow your apologies and excuses must sound to the people you plead for patience from.

Sleep fitfully. Wake up to a new day. Resolve weakly that you can do better. That you will do better. That you have to do better. Tuck that resolution away as you go about your business, with its voice growing dimmer as more and more things loudly shove themselves into your life, and let its voice fade away as your self-disappointment spirals ever further, ruining any hope you had of remaining motivated to do anything, up to and including the bullshit which was getting in the way in the first place.

Keep doing this until self-hate and spite reach critical mass and you're unsure whether you want to cry or scream. Try to do both but find the scream trapped in your throat, and your eyelashes instinctively blinking away the heat in your eyes. Muster a soft whimper of helplessness in your life and keep pushing through.

Then when you finally have time, when you can finally run again, pray that your players have waited. That they still love you, and that they will still be there for you. Write your opening post with all the hopes for a good session you had promised yourself in order to keep going.

You are allowed to cry briefly after the OP is posted. Wipe it away though, because life can smell weakness. It can sense relief. Your happiness must be guarded jealously, tucked away in the most private of sanctums, lest another horrible thing come to rob you even of this minor reprieve.
>>
>>1052739
How close was he to the end?
>>
>>1052739
where did he say this?
>>
>>1052743
Pretty far off.

>>1052748
IRC. Don't expect him to ever officially confirm it, he doesn't give a shit about Banished anymore.
>>
File: Crimson shadow.jpg (146KB, 1024x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson shadow.jpg
146KB, 1024x1079px
More not!Githyanki playtime and headgames.

And sexy things on occasion.

>>1052884
>>
File: (CAN'T WAKE UP).jpg (434KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
(CAN'T WAKE UP).jpg
434KB, 1280x1556px
>>1052741
>>
>>1038357

I'm more amused by the fact that there's no homosexuality, ever. The disease guy is pretty ambiguous, but you don't even have lesbian schoolgirls. You had an all-girls' school and JQOP didn't even tease it.

But then again, Joker Quest always has sexuality as something dangerous and to be feared. It's not like Freezing where the QM hates women, but it's the whole Madonna-whore thing that makes it very /pol/-lite.
>>
>>1052741
This is exaggerated but still terrifyingly realistic.
>>
>>1052741
>>1053061
hey now, BSO at least went okay.

And I'm sure there are still people waiting for Damp and Sparks.

Baker got real fucked, though.
>>
>>1053070
I'm honestly worried Damp is dead. Didn't he have to leave for the military?
>>
>>1053089
I HOPE he's not dead dead, but I guess he wasn't the type to announce exactly when he'd leave for the military.
>>
>>1051905
>>1051704
I guess it depends on how much or how little a character understands about the situation they're in. A guy inside a giant robot with computer systems crunching probabilities and targeting things for him might mean the players know the mechanics to simulate the combat knowledge of the pilot. A guy that's stuck in a maze of monsters with a sword might know far less, and thus the QM might hide mechanics from the players.
>>
File: What the fucking fuck.jpg (4MB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
What the fucking fuck.jpg
4MB, 2200x2200px
>>1053326
Winnie calls it the "wolf wagon". It's her pride and joy, a restored cherry red challenger with custom pack pattern paint job and restored with authentic parts...with a few modern touch-ups here and there from Elsa's toolbox to bring the performance up.

Winnie told you one time that there's an atomic engine under the hood like that Gotham guy used to have in his car. You think she was joking. Maybe.

When people think about beastpeople and technology they usually picture them prowling through urban ruins or using Questmaps to chart out their wilderness territory, so they tend to give you funny looks when you explain that a lot of wolves are huge gearheads-Winnie included. You explain to them that although wolves are often very clannish and isolated in some way their personal worlds are "bigger" than humans. Their vision (and taste) are poor compared with humans, but they smell and hear far, far better. And they cover distance effortlessly through their alchemical enhanced strength. The average person lives and works in a sphere far smaller than a wolf, especially when wolves are given to instinctively roam and explore their "territory". Wolves see cars as ways to expand their territory and make it easier to roam. Cars are useful tools that take them from the city to the outskirts and forests quickly and conserves their natural strength.

Wolves are crazy about cars, and as an alpha wolf Winnie is especially crazy about cars. The wolf wagon is her baby. She cares for it like you care for your gunpla and imported BioArmor Manu Beetalion figurines. When you first started seeing her you asked if you could have a turn behind the wheel and she just chuckled, picked you up, and put you in the shotgun seat.

But tonight she's given you the keys. Tonight she wants you to drive. Tonight she's sat herself down in the shotgun seat and stares up at you with wide golden puppy dog eyes.
>>
Please tell me a quest which involves cocksucking OP harder than this one: >>1048277
>>
>>1053422
Eh, only one idiot fell for it.
>>
>>1053422
What's this quest actually about? OP writes what he dreams about? I don't think I get it.
>>
Decent quests to binge on? I liked banished quest, and most of Crusty's stuff, Void Quest and Dragon Quest.
>>
>>1053550
Aspiring Emperor Quest.
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px)
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>1053550
Lost Island Quest.

I hear the QM has a big dick.
>>
>>1053562
>Lost Island Quest.
Needs more FOR RHODESIA
>>
>>1053550
Yu-Gi-Oh Quest is pretty fun to read through, it hits all the right nostalgia buttons for me although I don't know half of card strategies they pull besides some basic baseball kid burn stuff.
>>
File: IMG_7820.jpg (163KB, 740x987px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7820.jpg
163KB, 740x987px
Self promotion!

>>1053719
>>1053719
>>1053719

>>1048386
>>
>>1053550
Hellborn
Holy Sword
Sleeping Gods
Totemist
Broken Sky Online.
>>
File: 1484481364356.jpg (77KB, 393x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484481364356.jpg
77KB, 393x960px
Starcaller Quest will be running in about an hour's time. Picture unrelated.
>>
File: Deseret Ver.1.jpg (45KB, 581x638px) Image search: [Google]
Deseret Ver.1.jpg
45KB, 581x638px
>>1053869

This is Deseret. Deseret is Utah's representative on the America superhuman association The Statesmen. She has electrical powers and type A personality. She wants to create and lead her own superteam called The Connection created to help non-superhero superhumans become superheros.

Deseret needs YOUR help!
>>
File: Fleet Operations.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Fleet Operations.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
Starcaller Quest is running right now!
>>1054002
>>1054002
>>1054002
>>
File: GoR Chapter Symbol.jpg (655KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GoR Chapter Symbol.jpg
655KB, 1200x1200px
Chapter Master Quest will be starting in about an hour.

>>1054020
>>1054020
>>1054020
>>
>>1052016
I'm not talking about a sob story, I'm saying he's too broken to break.

It's like that South Park episode about World of Warcraft, how do you kill that which has no life?
>>
>>1053331
[Eternal Vomiting]
>>
>>1054340

>Say/Do?

>Steal a kiss at a red light (Wolf)

>"So...ready to unwind tonight?" (Human)

Make your choice anon.
>>
>>1054348
Is burning it all down because this existence is clearly a mistake an option?
>>
>>1054356
Wonderful choice.

At a red light you stop and turn toward her. You lock eyes with your little alpha. An electric chill runs down your body and you can tell by the way her tail wags and her eyes sparkle that it runs through her as well.

You kiss her without any further hesitation. You smell the warm scent of her fur and it makes you kiss deeper. You feel her breath blow across your face.

"N-not while ya drivin' ya idiot!" Winnie gently (and with no small degree of hesitation) pulls away. "I'll skin ya alive if ya ding my baby!"

"I'm watching, I'm watching." You smile and nod. "Light's not changing though...looks like we're be here awhile..."

"Oh gawd..." Winnie rolls her head against your shoulder. "You're merciless ya know that? Absolutely cruel ta little old me..."

"Hey, remember when you started teasing me the night White Fell happened? I'm just getting a little revenge now." You give her a quick, firm hug and then pull away as you see the light turn green. Winnie jerks toward you but flinches away as you start driving again.

"Awww...no fair..." She whines adorably.

"Heh. Blame the municipal traffic system. I'm innocent."

"Ya a dirty snake Anon. Dirty and mean and rotten. Ya know we wolves really feel something when we feel something...and I'm crazy about ya Anon..." Winnie whispers softly in your ear, hand resting on your leg.

"You know we humans can get really worked up about things ourselves...You're looking extra cute tonight, should I be worried?"

Winnie sighs, long and contently. She leans back in her seat. The neon lights of the city shine with the shadows of her fur and make stars in her luminous eyes. "Hell yeah ya should be worried. Tonight, me and you, we're going to have fun. Serious fun."

"Serious fun?"

"The kind of fun mates have....things haven't been fun in so long. With Jones and White Fell and Batty comin' back to town soon it's just ugh, so much so fast."

"I know what you mean."

"And you...you've been by me through it all. Ya helped me in ways no one else could...Ya my mate Anon and I love you...and I want to show you how much I love you..." She says breathlessly.

>Say/Do?

>Winnie, won't your parents....(Human)

>Are you saying you want to be my little pet tonight? (Wolf)
>>
>>1054362
Isn't the voting on this already closed
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>1054362
>Take the gun from the glove compartment and shoot Winnie in the head
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>1054362
>>1054373
Second. Here's a roll too.
>>
>>1054371
>>1054373
>>1054378

Wonderful choices anons.

You grin wolfishly. "Soooooo are you saying that you want o be my little pet tonight?"

"Ohhhhoohhhhooo..." Winnie shuts her eyes and moans. "You are cruel...so cruel...ya know how we like it...how I like it..."

"How do you like it?" You tease. "I mean maybe we could go slow since its the first time, light some candles, watch a chick flick, have a dinner..."

You feel her grip on your leg tighten. Her little claws poke at the fabric of your jeans. "Ya really think I'd go for that sissy vampire stuff? Ya know what I want..."

"Is it round, made of leather, and has a tag with your name on it?"

"Ya actually got one?" Her tail whacks against her tail excitedly.

"Well you know me. I plan ahead...and really, after the Roll and maid outfit are you really surprised?"

"Ya got to make me wear it though..." Winnie replies in a sing-song voice. "And ya know I'm a bad dog. I scratch. I bite..."

"Just remember I don't regenerate."

"Hey now. Every teenage wolf grows up with horror stories about romancing bleeders in the bedroom. I promise you you'll be able to get out of bed...probably by the afternoon."

"Gawd this is gonna be awesome..."

"What about Fell though?"

"Oh, just let me put her out for the night. She can go catch breakfast."

"What, all night long?....Wait a minute...all night long?"

"Well hey, we can take breaks...give ya time to catch ya breathe...it's important to show affection and tenderness along with the intensity....ya chimps always talk about how intense we are, but ya never talk about how affectionate we wolves are, how loyal..."

"Its going to be great Winnie, I'm looking forward to you showing me all of you from your cute little fangs to your cute little affection. And I think a night of fun is going to be great for everyone. You, me, even the pack because I know when you feel good, they feel good through the Howl." You reach over and gently scratch behind Winnie's ear right where you know she likes it. "White Fell's the odd one out in this though."

"Well it's not like I want to kick her out for the night. She's free to stay in the cabin, I just know she's not going to like the sounds. Or the smells. She thinks you're disgusting, she thinks loving a human is disgusting. But I'm not letting her take you from me. This night belongs to us."

>Say/Do?

>Give her the boot for the night. We've been more than nice to her. (Wolf)

>Show your dominance over her. Make her stay and cook us dinner. We let her live in our territory the least she can do in return is be okay with us making love in our own territory (Very Wolf)

>Let's be sure to talk to her first, explain the situation to her even if it kills the mood a little (Human)

>Let's wait until White Fell adjusts more (Very human)
>>
>>1054381
>Her tail whacks against her tail
Wot
>>
>>1054381
>Say/Do
>embrace the sweet release of death
>>
>>1054381
>Say/Do?

Yes.

If you're going to shitpost with the density of quicksilver dropping out of a hatter's ass and crashing through into the basement at least do the write ins.
>>
>>1054394
>The Howl

>How does sex with the Howl work?

It transmits her feelings to the pack, but at a lower intensity than her actual feelings. When White Fell kicked her ass everyone felt depressed. When Winnie kicked her ass they all felt a sense of triumph and relief that they interpreted as Winnie recovering from her defeat.

The pack will feel a sudden wave of intense happiness but they won't know if its from sex or watching a movie or spending time with a friend. A few acutely sensitive wolves might be able to tell if she has a particularly intense experience however.

>Does the intensity or nature of this feeling change depending on how we do in bed?

Yes.

>How the Howl mechanic works

Winnie can will the Howl to become extremely intense, even to the point of wolves feeling exactly what she's feeling. They will start to feel as if they -are- her. They'll feel the air move through her hair, they'll feel her heart beating. It's a very weird sensation, and Winnie doesn't run her Howl that strong.. It's normally at an intensity where her general mood and feelings are shared with other wolves.

>Did they all just collectively feel content for a second?

They felt a mild sensation in the back of their mind. A wolf busy doing something wouldn't have noticed, but a wolf just sitting quietly would probably feel a little bit of happiness, but they wouldn't necessarily think "Alpha is having a fun time".

If she has a reallll fun time tonight everyone will have an unmistakable surge of happiness that they'll know could have only come from Winnie's Howl. And people will start spreading rumors.

A pack member could focus their Howl to better feel what Winnie's feeling, but they don't normally violate her privacy like this (her parents sometimes do though...)

>Something on paper

Does this work?

In the mood: Vague sense of happiness and arousal in the back of their minds, easy to not notice at all

Ear Scratch: A sudden surge of happiness, possible for those engrossed in something else to not even notice

Fun times: A sense of happiness, some might attribute to Winnie, some to their own thoughts and actions.

Real fun times: Winnie must be having fun, rumors start up

Realllllly fun times: Her mom wants to talk to you tomorrow morning.
>>
>>1054402
Trick what the actual fuck am I reading.
>>
>>1054402
please no more
>>
>>1054407
"We should talk to her before kicking her out." You say. "I mean she's just a know-nothing little snowpup. Human and beastspeople relationships are weird and scary to her."

"Ehhhhhh...." Winnie half sighs, half growls.

"I'm not saying we don't kick her out for the night. I'm just saying we sit down and talk about it for a little beforehand."

"She doesn't need an explanation though." Winnie growls and wraps her hands around herself. "She doesn't need anything. If I say get out of our cabin because I want to be with my mate that should be enough."

"Hey..." You pet her red hair. "...You don't need to be intimidated by her. I'm yours. You're mine. We're forever."

"I know, I know...but sittin' down and explain' to her that I love you it just...it just feels wrong. I don't feel like defending my love to her insane Wendigo logic. I don't feel like yielding to her like that."

"That's not yielding to her. You're just explaining things to her."

"I don't want to explain things to her!" Winnie snaps. "It's our cabin, it's our love...what we are doesn't have to be explained to her or anybody!"

>Say/Do?

>If that's how you really feel then show some dominance tonight. Have her serve us dinner in bed. It'll make you feel less territorial knowing she's that submissive. It might even make the Pack more subconsciously comfortable when we finally introduce White Fell to them. (Very wolf)

>Just tell her to step outside then. It'll show her you care about her silly feelings while still showing her that you are Alpha. (Wolf)

>Winnie, it's not surrender. It's helping our friend. It's helping your friend. (Human)

>...You still haven't fully gotten over White Fell beating you, have you? Beating her back didn't bring you back to 100 percent...I think we need to talk about how you feel... (Very human)
>>
>>1054412
PLEASE STOP
>>
>>1054412
trick as your a person who cares about your personal health and well-being,

stop
>>
>>1054415
>>1054420

It's too late.

I've found it.

It is the ultimate weapon.

And with it I am its MASTER!

"Winnie. Hey. Listen to me." You park the car and take her fuzzy cheeks in your hands, gently guiding her eyes to yours. "Listen. It's not surrender. It's not."

"I...I don't want to give her an inch. I don't want to look weak...not in front of you..."

"It's helping our friend. It's helping your friend. White Fell is your friend, and she wants to join your pack. She needs the pack to survive. She needs you."

Winnie sighs. "You're right...You're absolutely right. I don't know if this anxiety is me or the pack but...oh Anon, I need ya." Winnie throws her arms around you. "I need ya and that's all there is to it."

"And you got me...and hey, just tell her to step outside. Ask her if she's got any questions about what we're about to do and that if she's got any problems she can go prowl around in the woods until sunrise. I think that would show her...and you for that matter...that you care about her silly feelings and that you are Alpha."

"That sounds like a really good balance actually." Winnie says. "I boss her around but I don't hurt her...Gawd, I keep forgetting she's my friend. All these warning bells go off in my head saying danger! danger! Threat in proximity to your mate! And sometimes they're so loud I forget simple stuff like her being my friend...like her needing me..."

"We balance each other." You say. "You bring the actions, I bring the words. Think of me as the shifty vizier behind the Queen's throne, just without the rocking beard."

Winnie kisses you. You hear her chuckle softly as a whisper as her lips crush against your own. "You bring the human and I bring the wolf...wasn't that what you were talkin' about earlier? Balancin' being a wolf and a human?"

"Yeah...but I intend to act a little wolfish myself tonight..."

"Like my old man said. You got to give attention to the smaller part of ya every now and then."

"So what would your girl side be, wolf girl?"

"Well, I guess the opposite of how I usually am...passive...yielding...submissive..." Winnie curls around your shoulder. "But lets wait to find out at the cabin, OK? I told ya before. I'll skin ya alive if ya ding my baby..."

>>
>>1053422
>The Lucians are very certain that victory is closing in. However, a few obstacles stand in the way to the Chasers’ capital. With nine Soul Towers already in control, the Chasers faction are becoming very desperate, and will use the mountainous terrain, along with the arrival of snowy weather to protect the two remaining towers. Lucians will have to find another way around to get through to set up the ultimate siege. In addition, another battle is underway that will decide the fate of the planet, epic but claustrophobic on the planet’s longest suspension bridge in the Gulf of Yerivia. In the meanwhile, new people from both sides are introduced to influence the biggest decisions with their councils or themselves with their friends, and do battle real-time on the fly with amazing AI animations. A sci-fi fantasy set in a dream world created by an insomniac man where characters both native and foreign intermingle and change the course of history, one move at a time.

>This is my first official narrative that turns on the green light for the first season of 26 episodes lasting roughly one-half of a REM session. This season is called Lucia: Lucians vs. Chasers. For the first episode, we will do an introduction of new Lucian OCs and Chaser OCs, every-day slice of life moments for each character presented, lasting 48 real minutes (1/6 Lucian day), enough time for a few small breaks, as usual. Once all characters are introduced, and whether or not acquainted their own friends or the council depending on chosen class, I will start the next episode with my next narrative. The parentheses indicate the date in which it is taking place. Current Lucian date is already today, and starts at 20:00 EST and ends in one hour (07:00 Lucian time on a Monday, 11:00 Lucian time on the same day).

>Episode 1: Meeting the Factions (22/12/2217)

wat
>>
>>1054415
The dick's already in just wait for it to be over.
>>
>>1054402
>It transmits her feelings to the pack, but at a lower intensity than her actual feelings. When White Fell kicked her ass everyone felt depressed. When Winnie kicked her ass they all felt a sense of triumph and relief that they interpreted as Winnie recovering from her defeat.
>The pack will feel a sudden wave of intense happiness but they won't know if its from sex or watching a movie or spending time with a friend. A few acutely sensitive wolves might be able to tell if she has a particularly intense experience however.
Having read no other part, I must ask:
Is this Twilight fanfiction?

Man, I totally want to see some Twilight fanfiction. The setting is actually quite good and original.
>>
>>1054362
>MC is actually called Anon
Holy shit
>>
>>1054429
>Is this Twilight fanfiction?

Close but you're off a bit.

>Very wolf with a leash. Anon is bound to have incredibly kinky stuff for just an occasion! Surprise Winnie with a Scooby Snack from your pocket.
>>
>>1054446
Nah, Twilight was actually interesting.

Fuck cartoons.
>>
File: 1395004403445.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1395004403445.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>1054446
>scooby snack

Trick stop you're crossing the fucking beams
>>
>>1054454
>Scooby Snacks

Winnie likes Cass Elliot brand chocolate bars actually. Fortunately she always keeps a few in the glove compartment.

>Very Wolf

"You know, you being jealous is pretty attractive."

"I'm not jealous, I'm...hell, I don't know what you'd call it. Wary? Let's call it that..."

"It shows you care and care deeply. Don't be ashamed of it."

"It shows I'm a neurotic mess." Winnie mumbles.

"Is my little puppy that scared of big bad White Fell hiding on her territory?" You tease her as you stroke at strands of her hair.

"Stop it." She swats your hand away.

"...You really are feeling bad, aren't you Winnie?" You ask.

"I'm...oh to hell with it, yeah I'm scared." Winnie admits. "I'm very, very scared and...and I know I shouldn't be but I can't help it. I'm a scared little bitch and...and it's just not any more complicated than that..." Her ears fold against her head.

"You shouldn't let it tear you up like this. It's okay to be scared."

"For an Alpha? No its not okay to feel scared...and...and..." Winnie stutters. "I hate feeling this way. I hate not being able to control how I feel..." She balls her hands into angrily shaking fists. "I hate feeling like my win against White Fell was a fluke, that she's stronger than me, that she could...she could take you from me if she really tried..."

"...You're not used to being afraid are you? You're not used to feeling weak?" You say tenderly as you hold her close.

"No I'm not..." Winnie whispers.

"I got some...practical experience with the feeling. I've learned the best thing you can do is not to ignore it. If you got this fear welling up inside you then we're going to do something about it. Here's a though-why don't we have White Fell bring us dinner in bed?"

"Why would we do that? I mean you shouldn't nap after eating, it rots your teeth like nothin' else..."

"That's not the point...look, the idea is that she's not going to like seeing a human with a beastperson and it's going to bother her, but she'll show her submission to you by bringing us snacks. You'll see with your own two eyes that she's not a threat, that she's submissive to you, that she can't do anything about you having me and me having you. And who knows, maybe seeing her below you like that might help subconsciously-the pack will benefit from the surge of confidence?"

"Gawd, it would make me feel better if nothing else...I say we do it." Winnie snuggles close to you "I can't say seeing her have to grin and bear it after all the shit she's caused us won't make me feel good...and if she's a good waitress we could do something nice for her later. Maybe get her a pizza? She seems to really like pizza."

"Hey. We can talk about making White Fell happy later. Right now this is about us...and our happiness..."

"You're right...tonight is our night..."

"You know you put yourself under such a burden being Alpha." You say scratching behind her ear. "You don't always have to be the one in charge you know..."
>>
>>1054442
Every Ghoul Quest protagonist is named Anon. It's a running theme.

Also, reminder the first thread had 77 IPs and the current thread is the most active thread the board has had in three months.

He's beaten you all. He's won. He's the Trump of /qst/.
>>
>>1054472
No big surprise. Furfaggotry is hard to find.

No, wait a second, it fucking isn't. Why can't those cunts just fuck off somewhere else?
>>
>>1054478
>Why can't those cunts just fuck off somewhere else?

He said, posting on /qst/
>>
>>1054472
Mecha Space Pilot gets consistently more responses
>>
>>1054472
>He's beaten you all. He's won.

If that's winning then I am glad I'm a loser.
>>
>>1054481
Have you checked b-stats?
>>
So because this is /qst/ and not /tg/ anymore ultrablatant furfaggotry isn't banned?

Cool.
Great.

Let's invite tgchan to the board.
>>
>>1054492
What?
>>
>>1054495
>So because this is /qst/ and not /tg/ anymore ultrablatant furfaggotry isn't banned?

I don't know. Let's find out, shall we.

You give tumble on top of her and lock lips. She yields to your touch.

You break the kiss and start gnawing at her neck. You feel her tense beneath you...

"Okay. okay. I'm in the mood now!" She says quickly in a flustered tone. She lifts you up with one hand and you're reminded just how insanely powerful she is.

"I told you I could get the mood back." You smirk.

"Save it for the cabin Anon. Ya chimps can make out in cars, but the wolf wagon is like a church to me."

"Alright, alright...we'll be there shortly." You say taking the wheel and staring the car back up.

You open the door to the cabin to find your feral friend White Fell sitting cross legged on the floor, eyes glued to Outlaw Star.

"Hey White Fell." You greet. "How's things-"

"Shh!" She says bringing a finger to her lips.

"Afraid we got to talk to ya about some things..." Winnie clicks the remote and pauses the anime.

White Fell looks up with a start. "Ahhh Alpha...I was watching that..."

Winnie looks toward you. "Well, you're the one that that's good with words..."

>Say/Do?

>Lay down the law (Wolf)

>Calmly explain things (Human)
>>
>>1054500
>furfag wolves are weaboos who speak in cartoonish slang
Sure, why not?
>>
>>1054454
>Trick stop you're crossing the fucking beams
It's Ghoul School fanfiction to begin with.
>>
>>1054500
>no very wolf option

This better be followed up with a Dangerously Wolf option otherwise my expectations will have been betrayed.
>>
>Write lewds about vampires
Nothing happens

>Write lewds about ghosts
Nothing happens

>Write lewds (and how!) about robots
Nothing happens

>Write lewds about werewolves
Trick finally reads my quests

Took you long enough. I'm just glad I finally wrote something that caught your interest.

>>1054507
Also PKD, Paradise Lost, and Batman.

>>1054511
But then I'd need to make a Dangerously Human option and that would mean making 6 responses every time. Maybe I should change very to dangerous?
>>
File: CrystalCaves3.jpg (223KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
CrystalCaves3.jpg
223KB, 1280x856px
Yo Jedi Knight Quest is back up. We've got our silver crystal and are ready to complete are trials to become a padawan.
>>1040090
>>1040090
>>1040090
>>
>>1054505
>>1054511

You break off a piece of candy bar with one hand and toss it into her awaiting mouth.

"That's all you get for now. But you be a good girl you'll get more...and more..." You say suggestively as you pat her head, rolling your hand between her red hair and brown fur.

"Oh..." Winnie shivers at her own thoughts. "Gawd...I really needed this Anon...to just...let go to somebody..."

You slowly pull up her flannel shirt and rub on her belly. Her foot kicks out as she sighs.

"I'm glad I could be here for you..." You whisper tenderly to her. "Now...are you ready to call me Alpha?" You say in a sterner voice.

Winnie opens one eye and chuckles softly. "We'll see...ya got to earn it ya know..."

>Say/Do?

>Enter cabin

>>1054525
>Trick finally reads my quests

KEK
>>
>>1054472
>77 IPs
Because he's a fucking reject from /co/, moron.
>>
>>1054558
I actually never got more than like 10 IPs on /co/. I only really made it above fifty with Sibella Quest and Mechagirl Quest on /tg/.
>>
What's going on here?
>>
>>1054595
Welcome to tgchan.
>>
>>1054568
>Mechagirl Quest on /tg/
>Huge surge of posters new to your quests flocking to a popular subject
>Asserting stat optimaizations and other tactics into preps and fights
>Confusion over focus on aesthetics
>Eventual realizations of what they had just walked into

Good times. Honestly I am thankful that some fighting robot quest veterans were in there for the first thread when we made our character. Optimizing our stats like that is what's kept us from getting fucked.
>>
>>1054595
Trick posting lewd parts from the current spooky Waifu quest. This one involves a werewolf instead of a vampire or ghost or robot so people are losing their shit.

>>1054607
All your tears are delicious.

>>1054609
I can't wait for him to update it. Yurei is adorable. I want Lesath to make her her retainer and bodyguard.
>>
>>1054621
>tears
It was a joke. Why are you so hostile, Anon?
>>
XEDILLIAN QUEST #1
Based in Elder Scrolls.

The best defense for the Shivering Isles.

Come run the famed dungeon to purge the unworthy before they even enter the Madgod's domain.
>>
Bladebound Retainer resumes in about twenty minutes.
>>
>>1054623
>hostile

I'm not. Ghoul Quest always got high participation when Questguy remembered to post when he got back in the thread. I just find it funny that it's only now that people are devastated our waifu quests are bigger than their waifu quests.
>>
>>1054639

Yes yes honey. Everyone is making fun of you because they're just jealous.
>>
>>1054657
Trick why do you have such an embarrassingly huge rageboner for Questguy? Is it because he correctly pointed out that you're a broken shell of a QM whose only memorable momment was writing gay fanfiction of Velo?
>>
>>1054678
Hahaha alright that pretty much confirms it.

It's okay Cosmic, I know it's you.
>>
>>1054688
>he hates me
>he must be QG

Really, why DO you hate him?
>>
>>1054704

Wait why do you hate me random anon who isn't QG?
>>
>>1054678
Trick's best moment is writing racist rape scenes on Akun. In fact, it's his only half-while moment that doesn't really validate his worth as a human being.
>>
>>1054785
>it's his only half-while moment that doesn't really validate his worth as a human being.

What did he mean by this?
>>
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-11-what-a-shock/uHpnYzxacinXb7PN8

Big tings a gwan
>>
>>1054793
Hey Trick, I see you were trying to talk to me on the discord. Mod kicked you, but you can come back and talk if you want. You seem to have a lot you want to say.
>>
File: shocked-will-smith.gif (495KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
shocked-will-smith.gif
495KB, 500x390px
>>1054949
>>1054793
Oh shit

Its about to go down
>>
>>1054568
So why do you write erotic fanfiction about little girls from a kids cartoon, exactly?
>>
File: unknown.png (18KB, 674x83px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
18KB, 674x83px
>>1054949
baka senpai desu
>>
>>1054949

OH SHIT SOMEONE WAS WEARING A WIRE!

FUCK, CALL THE FUCKING HIT SQUAD THERE'S A RAT!
>>
>>1055137
You didn't see shit.

You all hear me? None of you heard shit!
>>
>>1055137
This just in: furfags like to draw furry shit
>>
File: Winnie Quest.png (180KB, 641x652px) Image search: [Google]
Winnie Quest.png
180KB, 641x652px
>>1055137
Kek

This also feels relevant.
>>
>>1055190
What is this misandrist cuck shit?
>>
File: C2LAumEUcAAohv2.jpg (76KB, 519x810px) Image search: [Google]
C2LAumEUcAAohv2.jpg
76KB, 519x810px
>>1055190
>>
>>1054635
This is looking to be pretty interesting.
>>
New update from Winnie Quest:

He slams full speed into you. "Aah!" You shout. He pulls out almost to the tip of his head. "A-... Anon, what-" He slams into you again, making juices spill out and burst from your pussy. "Aahnn! Aah!" Again. "Aaah! Aah!" You turn your head. Each hard thrust he does dominates your Alpha-side into the Howl zone.
>>
>>1055276
>>
>>1032534
So... how has /qst/ been going? I haven't been here for several months now and I'm semi-surprised its still here I guess?
>>
>>1055772
Continued existence out of spite and/or dedicated audience.
>>
>>1055785
why not both
>>
>>1055785
>>1055795
That sounds likely. Glad its still here though, I got to get around to reading some of these.
>>
Akun be dead
>>
>>1055953
It's on your end, anon
>>
>>1055276
Aadly, that's less cringey than the rest of the posts
>>
File: Black Company Cover.jpg (111KB, 642x924px) Image search: [Google]
Black Company Cover.jpg
111KB, 642x924px
>>1056841
>>1056841
>>1056841

Black Company Quest is running right now again.

And this time we're going to have a good few hours before we close up.
>>
>>1055953
And gay.
>>
>>1055953
So?
>>
File: SMT Bay Area Quest Logo Shitty.jpg (261KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
SMT Bay Area Quest Logo Shitty.jpg
261KB, 1600x900px
Akun quest thing. No major promises.

http://anonkun.com/stories/smt-san-francisco-bay-area-quest/uctRQRjyGgXsRQNon

It's a Shin Megami Tensei thing I'm running in like ten minutes for at least a few hours.
>>
File: tegaki.png (6KB, 400x400px)
tegaki.png
6KB, 400x400px
lets play guess the Quest MC

I'll start
>>
>>1057666
Your mother.
>>
>>1057666
Anon from Winnie Quest
>>
Running a quick session of Starcaller today.
>>1057719
>>1057719
>>1057719
>>
Anybody got tips on text formatting?
>>
>>1057800
What exactly do you need help with?
>>
>>1057846
Getting the updates to be readable, pleasing to the eyes and not complete garbage that is incompatible with the hafu-chan format.
>>
>>1057666
The player surrogate that is the default MC for most quests.
>>
>>1057800
Paragraph break between dialogue, between setting changes, and between major events you want to make sure your players pay attention to. Otherwise, just use semi-proper English and most players will be fine reading your smut.
>>
>>1057865
I don't write smut, anon, not anymore at least.
>>
File: TotallyReal.png (28KB, 488x586px) Image search: [Google]
TotallyReal.png
28KB, 488x586px
Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux, Thread Number Twelve is up and running!
>>1058369
>>1058369
>>1058369
Come help Liz Shepherd make good choices about the rest of her day as she profanes the dead!
>>
File: BRQ Title Image.jpg (798KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BRQ Title Image.jpg
798KB, 1920x1080px
Bladebound Retainer returns after too long of a break.

>>1059279
>>1059279
>>1059279
>>
>>1054495
The sad thing about this statement is that tgchan is probably a better questing site than /qst/ at the moment.

They wouldn't want to come here. They would be trying to keep us out.
>>
>>1059530
Tons of drawn quests and original settings, yeah it's pretty nice. Shame the quests there update so slowly.
>>
File: masthead-alloyoflaw.jpg (189KB, 920x518px) Image search: [Google]
masthead-alloyoflaw.jpg
189KB, 920x518px
>>1047081
>>1047081
>>1047081

Mistborn Quest will be updating until the thread is off the board if you want to offer any suggestions. Sorry I updated so slow this weekend, though I can't promise to be any faster this week due to classes.
>>
File: IMG_3027.jpg (108KB, 579x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3027.jpg
108KB, 579x480px
So, two part question here that I'd love answered on both counts

>1.) Game of Thrones/Eragon style exposition
What are your opinions about having a multiple PC game where the first person (or I guess 2nd person in a quest's case) perspective switches to different characters every couple of long scenes.

Is this doable in quest format without confusing everyone?

>2.) PC having a wife/husband at the start of quests
How do I create a sense of attachment to that 'spouse' where the players have to 'care' about him/her?
>>
>>1060586

1. Yeah its doable.

Source: I did it.

2. Use a picture from a really popular video game/anime to represent the waifu/husbando

For example:

Snake from Metal Gear Solid

Saber from Fate
>>
>>1060586
>1.
See Trick above

>2.
Establish good chemistry and bantz right out of the gate.
>>
>>1060586
>>1060597
>Trick did a thing
Whelp, guess it's a bad idea then sorry anon.
>>
>>1060603
Why are you talking to yourself?
>>
>>1060603
Do you talk in the 3rd person regularly or are you trying to pretend you are two different people?
>>
>>1060603
Lol.
>>
>>1059530
t. furfag
>>
>>1060586
Vox does number 1 pretty well.

Second one is harder, and requires being willing to risk doing some actual exposition.
>>
Starship Idols is alive and well.

>>1061320
>>
I've just gotten back onto 4chan after a long absence. Looking for something decent to read that's not shit (like most of /qst/ is, it seems). Anyone have any recommendations for good quests to read through?
>>
>>1061497
What genre?
>>
>>1061505
I'm ok with most stuff as long as it's well written. Fantasy or sci fi stuff gets my preference I guess.
>>
>>1061515
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Broken%20Sky
>>
>>1061515
Bladebound Retainer
Mecha Space Pirate
>>
>>1061520
>>1061524
Thanks, I'll check em out.
>>
>>1060586
That first thing is doable, though it helps if you open up a swap with the traditional, "You are X," that you'd open a thread up with. It has advantages and disadvantages. One thing my readerbase has noted to me about it is that it takes away some of the mystery and tension in interpersonal relationships if you swap to folks that interact with each other on a regular basis, and can, at times, lead to characters feeling similar or even the same if anon and you don't share very firm ideas of what each character's personality and choices might be like.
>>
>>1061524
Those are both pure shit though. I guess technically the writing isn't that bad.
>>
>>1061497
>>1061515
>>1061528
Since anons mentioned recent ones I'll mention not so recent but also decent ones with some recent ones.

BFQ:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Blatant%20Fetish%20Quest
Dickgirl adventures in paranoia and magic while surviving the Scholomance. Fantasy/Modern.

Totemist:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Totem
Young spiritualist succeeds their masters duties after their death and adventures for the sake of their village. Fantasy.

BQ:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=banished%20quest
A mage goes full Galileo and gets kicked out of his tribe, cue adventures in Elder Dune. Fantasy/Sci-Fi. A good read but it's been dropped.

Hive Queen:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Hive%20Queen%20Quest
An alien bug queen builds a hive and gets curious about AI's while advocating the benefits of foreign aid. Sci-Fi of varying degrees.

Norseman Saga:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Norseman
Exactly what it looks and sounds like, but with more fantasy elements.

Death Among the Stars: (Scroll to bottom)
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=space%20opera
Lots of things, can't be arsed for a better descriptor than the tag. Space Fantasy.

Evil Sorceress:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Evil%20Sorceress%20Quest
Exactly what it says it is. Fantasy.

Infinite Stars:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Infinite%20Stars%20Quest
More Space Sci-Fi, but with more girls, if girls are your thing.

Northern Beasts:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Northern%20Beasts%20Quest
Bloodborne Dishonored with spirit waifus and beast hunting. Fantasy.

Lamplighter:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Lamplighter%20Quest
Man who fights dark with fire and light embarks on their final series of trials in a dying world. Fantasy. Good read, but also dead.

Beleaguered Prince:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Beleaguered%20Prince%20Quest
A prince faces some troubles here and there. Fantasy.

Black Company:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Black%20Company%20Quest
It's a quest about The Black Company, with all that entails. Fantasy.

A Wiz and his Tower:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=A%20Wizard%20and%20his%20Tower
Tragically short tale of a wizard acquiring a tower and their successive adventures thus. Fairly okay. Also a dropped dead quest. Fantasy.

There was some other quests where the MC was a roman politician and another with a spirit MC but I forgot their names. They were nicely written but the QMs broke/died/vanished.

Fun Mentions:
Gold-Plated XCOM Q: (scroll to bottom)
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=XCOM%20Quest
OP asks for a review and then vanishes forever after receiving it the very same thread.
>>
>>1061634
>Not including Valen

>>1061497
You play the orphaned heir to a family of great influence who has been deliberately hidden away from society. The beginning of the quest has you taking drastic measures to avoid an arranged political marriage and become an full fledged adult in order to take control back of what's rightfully yours.

Things immediately go wrong as the anons who were there at the start of the quest had no idea what they were getting into and catapulted all of us down three separate plot lines all at once. You slowly find out that your ignorance of the outside world left you unaware of the tensions and conflicts going on, and you are quite suddenly thrust into the middle of it all and left to prove your worth as a person, noble, and leader in a crucible of fire and regret.

Contains a ridiculous amount of worldbuilding, and relies entirely on the players remembering key details about the setting or things they've been told in order to navigate the various layers of intrigue and dangerous situations we stumble through.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Valen%20Quest
>>
>>1061697
I'll blame the character limit.
But yeah Valen Quest is good and worth checking out.
>>
>>1061528
Actually have one more, even:
Void Quest:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Vedibere
You're the captain of an ultra destroyer craft called Harbinger, only you've died and are now the deathships EI neuroware intelligence. You wake up several dozen thousands of years after an accident and have to deal with the repercussions of the past while balancing what you and your few crew members should do. Everything else that can be said is more fun to learn by reading. Sci-Fi.
>>
>>1061634
>merccommand quest
>decent

Opinion trashed.
>>
>>1061634
>A good read but it's been dropped.
Did Soma finally give up?
>>
>>1062266
Sadly.
>>
>>1061546
Explain how
>>
>>1062269
Why'd he quit?
>>
>>1062478
Because he's a potato nigger kike.
He doesn't deserve people explaining for him.
>>
Why do you never mention my quest, /qtg/?

I work hard on it!
>>
>>1062744
Because you're a donglord and your quest is poop, obviously.
>>
>>1062744
What is your quest?
>>
>>1062478
Because once he read your quest about underage Scooby-Doo furries getting fucked in the back seat of the Mystery Machine, he realized he could never run a quest as good as yours.
>>
File: THE HOWL ZONE.jpg (114KB, 600x832px) Image search: [Google]
THE HOWL ZONE.jpg
114KB, 600x832px
>>1062816
Come on Anon. Everyone knows what my quests are really about.
>>
File: Sicko.jpg (4KB, 74x125px)
Sicko.jpg
4KB, 74x125px
>>1062816
>Because once he read your quest about underage Scooby-Doo furries getting fucked in the back seat of the Mystery Machine, he realized he could never run a quest as good as yours.
>>
>>1062968
What's with the Sicko for ants?
>>
>>1062976
You're not supposed to click it that's why. It works perfectly the size it's at. See the background blends in with the standard 4chan color scheme so it's like the sicko is looking at the words I'm typing but if you click him it changes it so the words are below the sicko and thus he is not laughing at the words but laughing at nothing.

It's pretty meta and deep.
>>
>>1063013
Maybe I use Photon, asswipe.
>>
>>1063752

>Maybe I take dicks up my ass every day Trick? Did you ever consider my faggoty lifestyle?

Congratz, snowflake. You played yourself.
>>
>>1063762
Winnie also revealed himself to anon-samefag himself.
>>
>>1063771
Wait what?

I mean I know

>>1054678

is

>>1062976

But I'm not sure

>>1063752

is
>>1062976
>>
>>1063837
He responded as if he was.
>>
>>1063837
>>1063854
I'm just here to defend my taste in styles.
>>
>>1061546
How is Mecha Space Pirate shit?
>>
File: alchemy gril.png (320KB, 606x800px) Image search: [Google]
alchemy gril.png
320KB, 606x800px
hey

i am have working one this quest for a while which involves around a girl managing an alchemy shop gathering ingredients, brewing oils, pastes and potions and what not.

It is intended to be a bit relaxing if that made any sense. i am only missing two important aspects before starting, both are related to the dice system used:

-Gathering: so the protagonist went to a field for an example to gather some ingredients...what will govern finding x ingredient? as you might have expect, there are ingredients which are common while others are rarer. i still havent figured it out.

-Brewing: potion/oil/paste making has a lot of steps; boiling, fermenting, drying, incinerating....etc. what should govern potion making roll wise?

a quick recipe for an example:

Black Lure

-+10 Death's sigh Fungus
-A cup of pine resin
-Half a cup of water
-A cup of non clotted blood of the designated luring object [Sheep in most cases]

-Cut the fungus into little bits, sprinkle it over the resin
-wait until the resin is slightly darker in colour, start stirring gently
-pour occasional drips of water until the mixture is pitch black
-Pour occasional drips of blood until the mixture is dark red in colour. If it turns light right then add more Death's sigh to balance the extra blood.
-The final result should fill two regular jars
you can't fuck up the mushroom part for an example but you can fuck up the other two steps. what i am saying that rolls for every single step will not simply work.

I could scrap rolling from the first place but i am used a system of sorts which will govern the quest. any feedback is appreciated

thank you.
>>
>>1064191
*i am working
*i am used to a system
sorry
>>
>>1064122
It has a harem
>>
>>1064191
I wouldn't think rolls for the actual brewing would work too well; not unless it's something the players are trying out for the first time; doing things by the book really shouldn't be rolled for.

Instead, I think the variables should come from the ingredients themselves, as far as purity and contaminants go. If an item has a certain level of impurities in it, you could base the success or failure roll off of things relating to that.

So you'd have rolls for identifying such things, and if need be, mitigating the damage they could do.
>>
>>1064191

>Brewing
Concentration Roll: whether funny/unfortunate interruptions affect the brewing
Weather Roll: whether circumstances that are either impossible or very, very, expensive to control just make things not work, or cause an unusual variant
Quality Roll: related to the individual differences in ingredient quality. Whether you were able to take advantage of them, or if you missed something and put in a bad ingredient.
Inspiration Roll: Whether current events and the brewing process makes the MC think of something new to try later. Encourages focus on particular themes, and can take into account player input of what they want.

Standby for gathering, that is significantly more difficult given
>a bit relaxing if that made any sense
>>
>>1064191
>Gathering
So I was GOING to say that players should be given the chance to decide what they are "looking for", but given that it's supposed to be relaxed, I don't think that would be appropriate.

I'm leaning towards fixed results, though. Maybe generate 5 or so "interesting places" MC could have checked out, and players can only pick 3. Have SoL things happen in each of them. Distribute a normal haul between those 5 places, and just add up what got picked.
>>
>>1064198
i suppose roll for the first may be the second time would suffice. Afterwards, she could manage just right.

I actually haven't thought of the idea of impurities. what ingredients could have impurities i wonder...a better question is how to separate them? the closest thing that comes in mind is using an alembic should the impurities are precipitating (aka insoluble solids).

I should mention that some of the ingredients are [Magical] like a siren's hair lock for an example. In turn, the alchemist should be able to brew magical potions/oils/pastes...etc. said magical ingredients are rarer than the regular ones.

There will be experimentation of course, it will be hard at first since the girl is kind of forced to be an alchemist with no/little prior knowledge. She might invest some coin in buying rats or even pigs for experimentation.

haggling is an important aspect of said quest. both in selling and buying, i don't know whether i should implement a rolling system for it.

Imagine an adventurer bursting through the shop with a fresh dryad heart or an unseen glowing moss demanding 500 coin for it for a some quick cash....how should we do in this situation?
>>
>>1064203
I have never seen a proper haggling mechanic in a quest, that's uncharted territory.

I am VERY interested in whatever you think up, though.
>>
>>1064200
thank you.

some ingredients for an example appears in certain times (morning/night/once per full moon...etc) and/or under certain conditions.

supply and demand is important. while we are selling common aliments to the rest of the village (for headache, fever...etc), Adventurers are the real money makers. that would imply that there is a reason to venture in these lands; a ruin, a cavern of old and so on.

>>1064202
well aside from the recipes, there is also a 'bestiary' for certain ingredients, their properties...their location(s) and such.

There will be 'encounters' both in the field and in the shop itself.

there are so many variables like buying vials from a glassblower. paying the village hunter to bring some wolf's liver, hiring an guard for the shop, buying advanced tools for advanced brewing and so on.

i guess it won't be as relaxing as i might hope. but still, i am looking forward to it.
>>1064204
well it is uncharted territory for me as well.
for an example:

-5 coins for a glass vial
-10 coins for buying lard
-50 coins for hiring an escort to protect the main character while gathering a certain ingredient
-effort for brewing the potion itself (some might take hours or even days)

that is 65 coin to break even excluding the effort done, so it is up to the players to up this base price. lets say the players agreed for 100 coin.

-a customer enter the shop, he has been on the road for a while (a clue for the possibility of a light bag of coin), he asks for the potion by the name so he knows what he is exactly doing. we say it is 100 coin, he frowns at the price and turns his back on us to leave. we reoffer the potion for 85 coin, he buys it with a thank you....i suppose it will differ according to each customer.

one final thing, we could 'cheat' a little bit by diluting the potions with water/oil for extra profit.most customers are clueless but some might expose us.
>>
>>1064194
Which makes sense in universe due to 2/3 of humanity dying in the last war and the rise of Islam on Mars
>>
File: horror.png (250KB, 349x313px) Image search: [Google]
horror.png
250KB, 349x313px
>>1064231
>2/3 of humanity dying in the last war and the rise of Islam on Mars
>>
>>1064238
Thing is they're not Shia or Sunni so they aren't as bad though that might be changing pretty soon according to some info we just got
>>
>>1064231
Throw in whatever justification you want, harems are lame and detracts from the quality of your quest in my book.
>>
>>1064306

Oh no whatever will the QM do without the esteemed approval of legendary quest quality critic +F/O752P.

I guess he'll just have to cry into his legion of fans that slurp up his uncultured, low class drivel while quests of higher quality continue being elitist with their . . . three players? 2 players?
>>
>>1064248
>not shia or sunni

Elaborate.

>>1064306
While I think I know your reasoning, I think it would be helpful if you explained your opinion as to why harems are lame.

This theory of mine being that harems don't force the players to make a real choice, so instead nobody is unhappy, but at the same time nobody's satisfied.
>>
>>1064314
>Elaborate
Well the story takes place hundreds of years in the future where almost everybody on earth, except the elite, are forced into space after a nuclear war. And the solar system just finished fight a group of genetically engineered super soldiers called Greenmen who where made to help terraform Mars. The Greenmen where releasing spores in cities during the war which would mind control people and they would use them as suicide bombers or energy for their mechs. The Muslims got really mad and cleansed the entire planet of them and killed anyone who might have had spores. They we're lead by a guy named Hakim the Kinless who also united both faiths and know leads the Hakimite sect which is the most popular. Its much more tolerant of different faiths then Shia or Sunni.
>>
>>1064313
<3

>>1064314
Well for one it makes all the female characters weak willed and spineless that are okay with sharing their love interest with other girls.

Ask yourself this, would you share your girl friend with 5 other guys?

So all the love interests become weaker characters, but I am also expected to believed that the MC can manage 4+ relationships at the same time without none of them getting neglected? On top of whatever main plot is happening in the quest? The dude should have a mountain of stress by the end of the first month. And the bigger the harem gets the bigger chance one or more of the girls are going to get neglected and *should* (they don't cause it's a quest) walk out.

But no, all harem MC's are superhuman monsters that can handle it all and blah, blah, blah.

And like you said no one is really satisfied and half the time it's usually cause a QM is so deathly afraid of a waifu war that he gives in lets everyone have everyone and it just kind of sucks.

It's pandering, power fantasy bullshit that like I said earlier, makes your story weaker as a narrative. But you might not care since players are singing your praises that you blessed them with their harem or some shit.
>>
We should encourage quest harems.
>>
File: 1476243196869.png (28KB, 1268x637px) Image search: [Google]
1476243196869.png
28KB, 1268x637px
>>1064327
The MC does get stressed out over the relationship though. Every girl has at least one other girl they don't like and fight with all the time. Most of the time they do it behind the MC's back and then threaten anyone who sees it to not tell us. We had to even make a chart to keep it all straight on everyone's opinion on everyone else.

>>1064330
Not if they don't make sense, just doing it to do it is a stupid reason
>>
>>1064332
Well at least Mecha has that going for it. Most quests would have girls as doormats with no opinion on the other girls.
>>
>>1064332
But of course.
>>
>>1064334
I agree with you anon that's why I normally don't like Harems, I like it in this one since Wong works to make it realistic (as it could be in an anime) and he's just a damn good writer
>>
>>1064327
Funny, both of the MC in my harem quest and the semi-harem quest ARE superhuman monsters.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>1064327
>Being afraid of the Waifu war

I actively encourage it
I look forward to Waifu War 1
>>
Harem is actually really cool if the setting is Ancient China and its three Kingdoms quest I miss you still Raian.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Gantz would be fucking amazing for a Skirmish
>>
>>1064475
Hell yeah that's one of my favorite series. Too bad Gantz: G is terrible.
>>
>>1064475

Gantz would be awesome if it wasn't fucking retarded.

>>1064503
It was shit.
>>
>>1064512
I'll admit they really shit the bed with the ending but it was a fun manga at first.
>>
>>1064514

Ending of the third mission sucked.

Fuck you. Fuck everyone. Fuck everything.
>>
>>1064520
RIP Lara Croft looking girl. Too good for this world.

You died so Kurono and his child looking girlfriend Tae can scream each other's names every other chapter.
>>
File: Marauder.jpg (294KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Marauder.jpg
294KB, 600x800px
Starship Idols is alive and well.

>>1061320
>>
Damn this board is slow as fuck.
>>
>>1065048
So are you anon but we don't complain
>>
>Usually QM for 3 straight days per thread
>Want to run tomorrow
>Have stuff to do the day after tomorrow though

Wat do cutie gee? I don't want to leave all 2 of my players hanging.
>>
>>1065213
Just let them know you won't be able to run that day. They'll understand, and it's better than just falling off the radar entirely. It's nice when a QM keeps their players in the loop about things.

What quest?
>>
I'm new.
I'm looking for something that feels like Ruby Quest where it feels like the players are really taking part in an adventure game with a focus on solving puzzles and some underlying mysteries the players have to solve instead of info dumping world building. Anything like that out here or on other quest sites? I've gotten into other quests but most either feel too random or too directed.
>>
>>1064323
Sounds like garbage muzzie apologism.

Also, how the fuck are mindcontrol spores supposed to help terraform Mars? Why would you even need soldiers of any variety to fucking terraform a planet? What are they gonna do, artillery shell more oxygen into the atmosphere?
>>
>>1065927
They weren't originally soldiers, just plant people that would help terraform planets. Then they openly declared war on humanity with superhuman soldiers and mind control spores.
>>
>>1065932
And how did they get access to soldiers and mind control spores?

What did they even do that a normal fucking plant couldn't?
>>
>>1065927
The way it seems from what we just learned is that they we're pretty much just sharpening their swords in the background while recovering their population. And the Greenmen didn't start out that way, we don't know how they got the spores or anything else but I assume they just genetically engineered themselves subtly over years
>>
>>1065939
But how? And why were they allowed to proliferate without government supervision?
>>
>>1065935
They modified themselves. That's what they were made more, modifying organisms and tending to the vegetation and animals required for terraforming. They were made to be a servant species, nobody even knew they were gonna start a war until it had already begun.
>>
>>1065935
For context, they were made by a government that also created a species of catgirls/boys specifically for being sex slaves. Thinking of the plant people as just robots wouldn't be out of place.
>>
>>1065945
We don't know, there is so much lore in this universe we know nothing about. We don't even know whats happening outside of the solar system where the real war is taking place with borderline super robots and giant bioweapons
>>
>>1065946
>They modified themselves
How? Last I checked we don't just leaving highly advanced biotechnology labs laying around for people to wander in freely and attempt the extinction of humankind whenever they're feeling particularly froggy.
>>1065948
The fact that these mushroom/fern people exist is the least of my questions.

Though it's nice to know the QM is an anime faggot who needs to shoehorn catgirls into everything, I guess.
>>1065956
It's not """""lore"""" if it essentially amounts to LOL A WIZARD DID IT NOW SHUT UP AND TAKE A GANDER AT THESE HERE WHYFOOS
>>
>>1065965
>How?
They can straight up modify organisms in the field. With that kind of power, self-modification isn't hard.
>>
>>1065965
We don't get knowledge we have no way of knowing. We know literally no one involved in with the Greenmen development and its not like its easy info to come by.
>>
>>1065926
http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/
>>
>>1065970
But there were no organisms on Mars. That just makes this whole thing dumber.
>>1065971
So what you're saying is that it's a worthless attempt at appearing deep in order to justify waifu harems and muzzie wank.
>>
>>1065981
>But there were no organisms on Mars. That just makes this whole thing dumber.
They began terraforming Mars first, and then created the plant people to help make sure the terraforming, of not only Mars but also other planets, went smoothly.
>>
>>1065981
We have had plenty of bigger issues to deal with then searching for how the Greenmen modified themselves. We could search for it but we have other issues to deal with and people to rob.
>>
>>1065983
That's retarded.
>>1065987
I'm saying why include it if it's meaningless and also dumb.
>>
>>1065989
>That's retarded.
It's the same kind of backstory you get for Skynet or Neosapiens. [X] built to be slaves/workers, rebelled and tried to wipe out humanity. In those cases, do you really ask "why would the military give an AI the nuclear codes" or "why would humanity make a slave species to do all our labor"?
>>
>>1065994

Skynet is bullshit to justify cool action scenes involving Arnold Schwarzanigger.

Your bullshit is there to justify harems and apparently Islam.

Everything is bullshit justifying something. It's really the quality of the bullshit you're justifying that defines whether your excuses are patrician or not.
>>
>>1065998
Its not justifying Islam, their shaping up to be giant dicks who we're acting tolerent to fool people into not suspecting them. If it was justifying it they wouldn't have been tricking everyone so they could take over
>>
>>1065994
Except people DO mock those series by asking those questions and no one praises Terminator for its DEEP LORE
>>
>>1066015
TAQIYA!
>>
>>1065994
>"why would humanity make a slave species to do all our labor"?

It's less "why would we make a slave species" and more like "why would we make a slave species without a failsafe."

A good example of this are Replicants from Blade Runner. They're stronger and more clever than most humans. The catch? Four year time limit. They could do a lot of damage in a short time, but they'd never be able to reign supreme with that weakness coded into them from birth.
>>
>>1061528
Harem Protag Quest and Mecenary 2030 Quest are also alright quests, if you're still looking for more.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Harem%20Protag%20Quest

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mercenary%20Quest%202030
>>
File: 1475446012417.jpg (22KB, 741x530px) Image search: [Google]
1475446012417.jpg
22KB, 741x530px
>>1066047
>>1066047
>HHarem Protag Quest
>>
>>1066065

It's good even if its retarded.
>>
>>1066069
It's the one that takes the framework of Waifu Quest and then completely misses the fucking point, isn't it?
>>
>>1066047
>Mercenary 2030
>not complete shit
>>
>>1066082
The child soldier MC was a fun idea, but the execution of it and the quest itself was poor.

I liked the leader chick though. Can't remember anyone's names.
>>
>>1066075
>>1066075
Yeah.

He has a harem ironically and since it's meta and self aware that he has a harem it means he can have a harem with all the standard harem bullshit.
>>
>>1061528
These too are also excellent and shining examples of questing, but they don't all fit precisely your genre criteria:

Shadow Quest:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=Shadow+Quest+
A shadow wakes up and off he goes. Fantasy...?
Fist of Shadow Quest, listed just above, is also very decent.

Attack on Pokemon Hunter
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Cerulean
HxH Attack on Titan Pokemon crossover. A stellar example and thoroughly enjoyable to archive binge. Fantasy/Sci-Fi.

Predator Quest:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Predator%20Quest
Predator fanfiction quest. It's fine. Good art. Sci-Fi.

Psion Quest:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Psion%20Quest
Fun to read, don't skip the anon posts. Superb and well done in most respects. Fantasy.

Deniable Assets Quest:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Deniable%20Assets%20Quest
Space Mercenary quest with fun characters and good anon arts. Sci-Fi.

Waifu Quest:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Waifu%20Quest
A quest where you're the Waifu. It's alright I guess. Metafiction.
>>
>>1066149
>Shadow Quest
>Attack on Pokemon Hunter
>Psion Quest
I feel like you're trying to trick the poor lad.

Especially with how you called AoPH Quest a Hunter x Hunter/Pokemon/AoT crossover when it was supposed to be MonHun
>>
>>1066157
No bad-mannered errors on my part or tricking intended. No siree.
>>
>>1065227

[Spoiler]The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn. [/spoiler]
>>
Is it just me or has /qst/ gotten more activity? I've noticed that it takes 8 days to archive now, whereas before it took 10 days.
>>
>>1066221
It fluctuates. It usually has as many Live quests going on at a time as akun.
>>
What are some quests that don't get enough love

Other than "my quest that's super great but nobody else thinks so reeee"
>>
>>1066305

People often say my quest is pretty good but hardly anyone reads it.

The split fucked me in the ass hard, but I'm happy that at least I still have *an* audience at least, as I know some QM's can't even get their quest off the ground.
>>
>>1064364
People keep trying to get me to run a Red Lanterns quest in Ancient China. Too bad you don't like lesbians.

>>1066305
Mine. But my players like them so that's okay.
>>
>>1066047
Top fucking kek
>>1066149
Predator quest and deniable assets are the only passable quests here. You're either trolling or something us genuinely very wrong with you. AOPH? Fucking really?
>>
>>1061515
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/779618/
Exiled Quest was a fantasy quest run in an original and inventive world.
Sadly it was dropped after its first thread, and even more sadly /qst/ has never seen something of its magnitude since.

Still - it's worth a read. Believe me.
>>
>>1065926
Well, there's always RubyQuest's spiritual successor, NanQuest!

http://tgchan.org/wiki/NanQuest
>>
>>1066551
Fuck off E
>>
>>1066764
Wow that's genuinely offensive, do you think I would shill my own quest?

No, I'd never stoop so low. Never.
>>
File: 1484163060900.jpg (88KB, 550x564px) Image search: [Google]
1484163060900.jpg
88KB, 550x564px
>>1066767
>>
File: e3784711667063_n.jpg (79KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
e3784711667063_n.jpg
79KB, 500x549px
Weaboo Fantasy is go:

>>1066867
>>1066867
>>1066867
>>
>>1066305
I've never seen beyond the gate talked about on here.
Seriously that quest is comfy as hell.
>>
Shilling my shit because I can. New KOF Quest: R is up:

>>1067282
>>1067282
>>1067282
Thread posts: 684
Thread images: 116

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.