[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>90200192 >>90228420 >>90256639 >>90291095

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 230

>>90200192
>>90228420
>>90256639
>>90291095
>>90319749
>>90348116
>>90373493
>>90399448
>>90427026
>>90461540
>>90487256
>>90513880
>>90543135
>>90572158
>>90596701
>>90627854
>>90666566
>>90694689
>>90751995
>>90779251
>>90803224
>>90831991

Picking up with Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #2
>>
Heading home now. Bumps would be super appreciated until I get back. See you guys soon.
>>
>>90869748
Thank you!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90868997
'electric burn Electro' was possibly one of the most misguided movie synergy ideas in comics.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Someone forgot their title
>>
>>
List all characers slott has ruined so far
>mj
>Ben (scarlet spider)
>black cat

Off top of my head
>>
>>90868997
You fool, you've neglected to give the thread a subject!

While I won't say that Bunn's Venom holds a candle to Remender's in terms of what it does for Flash's character, it is a much better SYMBIOTE run. From the very first issue you have Flash making weaponized shapes out of his limbs and just generally using the symbiote's capabilities much more creatively. Under Remender it might as well have just been a generic super suit with limited, animal-like AI. The most symbiote-like things he had Flash do, aside from when Venom freaked out and went back to the Eddie look, was use tendrils to grab and hold stuff like twice.

And while you can try to justify it as him being more in sync with Venom by the time Bunn came on, there was no significant amount of time elapsed between the departure of old and arrival of new writers. Fully bonding with Venom happened partway through Remender's, but the better use of alien symbiote abilities didn't start until Bunn.

They said, given his work on antiheroes Sinestro and Magneto, I think Bunn would do one hell of an Eddie run.
>>
>>90870607
Wasn't thinking. Shame I can't go back and edit.
>>
>>90870696
You forgot Kaine.
>>
Slott's stories suck a million dicks!
>>
>>
Ezekial was a straight up tool. Also most people aren't even going to know who Ezekial is because he hasn't been mentioned at any point until now.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90870848
He was made better accidentally, but not because if slott on purpose. It was due to scarlet spider writer. Although slott eventually fucked it up again.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90870337
Why is venom in space
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90871411
Because Bendis decided to rewrite symbiote lore while Flash was a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>
>>90870305
Wait, wasn't Tony of of the 3 guys who knew Pete's secret identity or am I forgetting how OMIT worked? I can never keep track of that shit.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90871580
I know Wolverine, Bucky, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Clint Barton, Bobbi, Jessica Drew, and Carol all know his identity.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90871729
>>90871754
Here it is. Nothing Slott has done has come even remotely close to the garbage that these two pages led to
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
You can still stop this, anon. It's not too late to turn back.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90871729
I have never read spiderverse just seen some pages, will it leave a bad taste in my mouth like when they dumped that part in the may day story time?
>>
RIght now I'm working on a lecture and I want to die. It's on attitude change and right now I'm just trying to find ways to eat up time (tons of examples and tons of videos).

>>90872470
I wish I could, but I'm compelled now. I have to power through this.

>>90872680
You're not gonna be happy. I have yet to see one person felt utterly fulfilled by that story. Not one.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Is op still a homophobe? I'm not reading these until he apologizes for his bigotry.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90868997
I cannot find the link for the archive. I am a few threads behind so I am kinda lost in what the fuck is going on. I found the password just not the link.
>>
>>90872850
He's also a racist
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90873186
The writing is so bad, and not self aware at all at how dumb it comes off.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90873186
>Black Cat and Jonah don't look at his face even by accident
It's appropiate they rebooted Amazing for this, because it's almost as cringeworthy as the Mackie reboot

Btw we know Spidey's identity will never be outed again, try for a cliffhanger that at least won't make me roll my eyes
>>
>>90873657
His identity can only be revealed in ways that have no consequences.

His identity being hidden really neuters venom and gg though. That's the reason they were threatening.
>>
>>90872850
Max Modell is a menace to society!!!! He employed a monster in his laboratory!

>>90873104
Robbie Robertson is menace to society!!!! He employed a monster at his newspaper!

>>90873238
What makes me sad is that Slott used to be a legitimately good writer.

Time for Some Edge of SPider-Verse!!!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90873854
>His identity being hidden really neuters venom and gg though. That's the reason they were threatening.
Indeed, I've been hoping Slott will at least rectify that with the next Osborn arc.

>>90874045
>Gratuitous deaths, piles of corpses, vampire villains, dark badass Spider-Men
Fuck I just realized it really is the EDGE of Spider-Verse
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90874341
HA!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90874316
I thought the vampires were only strong against the spiders wasn't there a part where punisher 2099 beat one up with a bat
>>
>>
Why does everyone hate Spiderverse?
>>
>>90874659
You remember correctly. I think it was a special bat though.

>>90874679
Because it shat on Morlun and JMS' run on Spider-Man. Also Slott fucking wasted Earth-001 by making it the Inheritors Universe.
>>
Once I reach the end of Edge of Spider-Verse, I'll see about storytiming Hopeless' first run on Spider-Woman. Also when does the SIlk series take place?
>>
>>
Is Julia Carpenter still in a coma or whatever?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Add
>Morlun
To the characters Slott ruined
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90874659
I suspect the baseball bat thing was author commentary against the character that was being smashed with a bat.

Also the power of the Inheritors was all over the place during the event anyway. Morlun lost TWICE to 616 Peter before (okay so it was a mutual kill the second time, still) but here he and the others are killing everyone by just grabbing them and sucking all life force out of them in seconds. And the story never seems to decide whether Spiders can engage them and cause some temporary daze/pain at all or not.
>>
>>
>>90874679
If i had to guess it shits on a lot of spiders for nothing more than shock value and after all is said and done with this event you're just left with nice things dead, i can see why people hate superior spiderman for killing off pete but it didn't last and peter came back but with spoderverse all them deaths are pretty much set
>>
>>
>>90874659
They're not even really vampires, but that aspect was kinda forgotten with time. No, they are strong, but mostly super effective against totems. Not spiders in particular, but any animal spirit imbued human.

Something else lost in this story is that spiderman wasn't special to morlun, he was just another totem meal. Spiders are not his main prey.

Morlun hunted black panther once, another totem

Also morlun was a lizard man or something in thr original story near thr end, it's not really clear. He's a force of nature created to balance out all thr animal humans the gods kept creating and shit.
>>
>>
>>
>>90874679
Bad writing
>>
>>90874939
>I'll see about storytiming Hopeless' first run on Spider-Woman
Why? It has nothing to do with Spider-Man.
>>
>>90874972
I'm actually not sure. I say yes until someone corrects me.

>>90875235
Spider-Woman doesn't have any corssovers with Spider-Verse? Also I've been storytiming all the other Spider related titles (Venom, Scarlet Spider, Avenging), so I thought I could do the other ones.
>The only one I refuse to do is Spider-Man by Bendis and that's only because he absolutely butchers Miles characters. I want Miles to succeed, he has a unique enough backstory to separate himself from Peter, but Bendis doesn't know how to do anything but write him as Peter light and I will not indulge that fat man on that title. Same reason i won't storytime Bendis' Iron Man. It's a disgrace to the character
>>
>>
>>90875327
Only the first few issues crossover with Spider-Verse, the rest is all on its own. Also, Spider-Woman the character has nothing to do with Spider-Man.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90870194
Dock, you evil mastermind! How dare you change Peter's ringtones!
>>
>>
>>90875801
I wonder if he had personalized ringtones for all of his contacts. I bet he did.
>>
>>
I personally love this issue. Always happy to see more Spock.

Also my lecture for tomorrow is shaping up into something nice. It's just taking forever to get all the new info in the presentation.
>>
>>90875439
OH BOY
>>
>Peter of 616 you are the greatest most true Spider-man of all in the multiverse, you are the best one. You were chosen to lead the others.
>"Why? You make claims like this, can you at least give a reason other than vague mystical stuff. Is it because he's the strongest? No, its just because he's the original isn't it, but giving a 4th wall reason like that kinda breaks the idea unless you give an actual reason."
>Shut up, shut the hell up. He's just the apex. All Spider-men look up to him. I don't need to give a reason.
>"Not to mention that this would be a mindfuck to other spider-men to say that this is the original Spider-man, the is the vanilla Spider-man that All others are mere charictures of. I'm sure they all think they're supposed to be the norm in their own-"
>SHUT UP

Even stranger when Peter in Edge of Spider-verse meets another version of himself that's exactly the damn same except he didn't break up with MJ. Meaning that version also beat Morlun and stuff.
>>
>>
Glorious
>>
>>
>>
Dani Cage...hot
>>
>>
>>
Assassin Spidey deserves his own series.
>>
>>
Enjoying the edge of spider man issues
>>
>>
SHIT!
>>
>>90876321
Another problem with this story, lot of the deaths are so badly handled and shitty.

The kind of shock value deaths that comic fans are never fans of.

People like original Barry Allen's original death, or even Supergirl's death. People hate Mettle's death. Comic companies need to learn the difference.
>>
>>
Nicely done Spider-Monkey....
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This was a nice moment. I still hate Spock as a person but this was a nice moment.
>>
Okay, so this is what I've found on Julia
>Julia remained in coma for more than a year. Shortly after the Spider-Army defeated the Inheritors and Otto Octavius started damaging the Web of Life and Destiny that connected all spiders, she woke up from her condition, claiming that her connection with the Web of Life and Destiny had been lost

So did Slott just essentially depower and discard her?
>>
>>
This page just makes me want to go back and redo my comic in the 3x3 format. It works well with both a classic and modern art styles.

>>90876400
>People hate Mettle's death.
I'm still sore about that. I saw his entire run. I saw his entire life. And I saw it taken away in the blink of an eye for some god damn nothing. I guess if you're looking for a reason to hate Arcade, that would be one.
>>
>>90876546
Seems like it. Then again, maybe he actually has a grand plan for her. Maybe....
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
GOTTA GET BLACKED
BLACKED TO THE BUTT
SAMURAI KEK
>>
>>
And thus begins the final issue of tonight's thread. I'm actually a little surprised by how good the Edge of Spider Verse issues are (then again maybe they only look good in comparison to Slott's early Vol. 2 issues).
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Reading so far, aside from that webbing underwear panel, Ramos seems more restrained than he was during the first half of Slott's run.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And that is the end of the thread. I hope everybody enjoyed. I promise to definitely use a title tomorrow. I did grab the thread ID so I will be able to find it in the archive.

Also what's everyone's favorite part of Dan Slott's epic? It could be a single story or series of stories (like the entire Superior Run). As absolutely horrible and terrible it sounds, I am absolutely fascinated by Clone Conspiracy. It's a story that could only exist because of Slott's prior planning and world building from the beginning of Big Time to now. It's a beautiful well constructed mess of callbacks and batshit insane concepts.
>>
>>90877473
I want to make it clear in my opinion the story is terrible. Terrible terrible terrible. But, it's like a train accident and I can't look away. I'm hooked.
>>
>>90875860
I have mixed feelings about Spider-Gwen. On the one hand, it's a great costume, but it doesn't look as good in an actual comic. The motion just seems to dilute the effectiveness of the design.
>>
>>90877237
did he died?
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 230

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.