[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qsg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 774
Thread images: 53

File: questgeneral.jpg (44KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
questgeneral.jpg
44KB, 320x320px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's.

Older thread: >>134248

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/x6BqaJ7r
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (a.k.a skype for hipsters):
https://discord.gg/0zE5SDpEB4RQRNyY

>QM question:
Are you satisfied with the choices of players in your quest?

>Player question:
Did you think the QM is a good anon?

>Everyone question yes, i invented that

Did you think that board is
useful or could have only /tg/?
>>
>>151224
>useful
Yes.
>could have only /tg/?
Sure, we could do that. It's how things were before.

But we've evolved past the need for could have been's.
>>
>>151224
Would it have killed you to wait until the last one hit page 10? This is a slow board for goddammit.
>>
>>151266
Bump limit, bitch.
>>
>>151224
>>QM question:
>Are you satisfied with the choices of players in your quest?
for the most part yes.

>>Player question:
>Did you think the QM is a good anon?
Uhh.. Sure?

>>Everyone question:
>Did you think that board is useful
Yeah for me to throw all my ideas to a wall and see if it sticks. I found this board a few weeks back and I fell in love with the idea of having a anonymous story-driven board for all the write fags out there.

>or could have only /tg/?
Sure? but I feel like /tg/ had an established rule set and many quests wouldn't of been able to flourish like they have here.

Also I still haven't been added to the directory.
https://twitter.com/Kov_QM

Also I need a player to break a tie for a vote. Thread basically just started.
>>150450

Shameless advertising.
>>
>>151271
And? That thread still has like 2 days on it's lifespan.

Ah who cares, it's not liked we bumped off anything important. Most of the board is trash.
>>
>>151291
I dont are OP for other threads, so i dont now about it.

Anyway, added and if have more links, i will add.

http://pastebin.com/w4b5BmNZ
>>
>>151327
I'm very confused in what you said.
>>
>>151351
OP might have took English as a second or third language, or he might be one of those underage illiterates that the American school system churns out every once in a while
>>
>>151382
First option.
>>
>>151396
I saw >>151380 when my post went through, but your correction is appreciated.
>>
>>151380
Lol, sorry man.
>>151396
Oh then that's perfectly acceptable. From the previous posts I would be very convinced you were a native speaker.
>>
>>151433
I'm still not convinced you're a native speaker.
>>
>>151294
personally, I'd wait until about page 7.
>>
>>151445
why so?
>>
>>151445
I'm not entirely convinced that the people posting on 4chan are not complete figments of my imagination, but that's just my own crazy talking.

>>151469
I like to squeeze as much out of a general when I can. Which means that I am of the "Let's ride the thread its death" crowd.
>>
File: 1462056996037.png (25KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462056996037.png
25KB, 1000x900px
>>
>>151488
Something about the way you weave words together in the formation of your sentences.

I'd peg you as one of those nordic fuckers.
>>
>>151508
That's pretty cool. What is it?
>>
>>151508
You would probably get a better reception for sheets here >>147193
.>>151526
It's a civ game tracker.
>>
>>151532
I know, I'm just making a joke because he posted it without context.

>>151521
100% Usa.
>>
In other news, Royce has managed to find himself on a hive of scum and villainy. Pt3 ahoy!

>>151486
>>151486
>>151486
>>
Um, I kind of asked this three times over in the last thread, but could you add me to the QM directory?
It's @haremhorn
Thank you. =w=
>>
>>151826
I don't think I was added to the directory either It doesn't show as if I was listed within the directory. He said he added me but I'm unsure to what exactly.
>>
>>151845
I'm assuming Op is a he.
>>
I'm also in dire need of players.
>>150450
>>
>>151829
/qst/. It's the only thing ITT I care about.
>>151837
>/qsg/ by the way fucker, not /qst/
That was in reference to the anon that said: >>151294
>Most of the board is trash.

/qsg/ itself doesn't really have any kind of central guiding dynamic that would make it shit or not. /qsg/ is free to be shit as far as I'm concerned.
>>151845
I think they added you to the pastebin, which is...

We can pretty much delete this thread and go back to the last one. OP is clearly incompetent.
>>
>>151867
>/qsg/ is free to be shit as far as I'm concerned.

And yet you freak out over a offhand /pol/ joke. You seem pretty damn concerned anon.

And most of the board is trash currently. Bunch of abandoned 'wat do?' threads at the bottom.
>>
>>151867
>Insults the OP
>Triggered by benign political humor
>Doesn't care about /qsg/ yet complains about what goes on it while insulting others for not caring about /qst/ apparently, proving himself a hypocrite in multiple ways
>Makes garbage posts that are decidedly not funny

That's it, I'm a #cruzmissile now.
>>
Rolled 5, 6, 5, 2 = 18 (4d9)

test
>>
>>151909
>seem pretty damn concerned
Yes. /qsg/ is the central discussion node that the rest of /qst/ lacks. It's the source of the budding /qst/ board culture. The precedents set in these threads will subtly influence /qst/ as is progresses.

I just wanted to nip the /pol/bug in the bud. It's not going to make this place any comfier.
>>151919
/qsg/ isn't /qst/, but the two are linked and related. /qsg/ is relatively irrelevant to /qst/ at large, but its role isn't zero influence.
>>
>>151954
>nip the /pol/bug in the bud.

That metaphor isn't even internally consistent.
>>
>>151954
Be consistent, for fucks sake.
>>
>>151867
>OP is clearly incompetent.
That is kind of uncalled for desu. There is no reason to really insult OP.

If you post this here
> /qsg/ is free to be shit

Then post this:
>>151954
>two are linked and related
I think you have a problem with keeping up with your own discussion. Contradictions are terrible.

>>151968
This.
>>
File: Yuri qst 101.png (2MB, 2024x2948px) Image search: [Google]
Yuri qst 101.png
2MB, 2024x2948px
so whatever happened to Yuri Quest
>>
>>151954
Do you even know what you are typing half the time?

You said you didn't care about /qsg/ but now say you do.

Christ I think I'm talking to a child.
>>
>>151967
>>151968
>>151975
>consistency
I'm not sure why, of all boards, on a quest board, you care about consistency, of all things.

It's like you have no appreciation for flying by the seat of your pants.
>>
>>151994
>no appreciation for flying by the seat of your pants

It's because when you stir shit you have to at least try to keep stirring the shit the same way unless you want it to start to stick to the spoon.
>>
>>151994
If I didn't care about consistency, I'd have participated in Republic Commando while it was still running.

Ooh! Zing!
>>
>>152010
A good way to keep /qtg/, sorry /qsg/, from being cancer is to limit when the thread is up on the board. There's a nice Friday to Sunday slot open that we can use, probably call it /qsg/ Weekend or something like that.
>>
>>152018
Not at all. The drama that happens in /qsg/ is all but ignored the moment it's done. /qsg/ goes on, QMs keep advertising their quests, newbies ask about the board limits, and /qst/ lives. Basically, /qsg/ is the entire board's place to post their pent up urge to shitpost. It's like a black hole for everything this board doesn't need. It's beautiful, really.
>>152019
Exactly. I knew you'd understand. Eventually.

>>152042
That's actually a pretty decent idea. A weekly thread would sort of force people to cohere to some semblance of a schedule.
>>
Basic Advice for (New) QMs:
>Read other quests. Learn from their mistakes.
>Use prompts. Don't remove prompts unless your players are creative with write-ins or they'll stop posting.
>Only give options you want to write. Yes, they will pick the joke and demand you run with it.
>Use a majority vote. Don't use last number of their post or highest roll to decide which option is picked.
>Rolling goes after the option is locked in. Players otherwise choose the best option that can't fail.
>Read your update out loud before you post it. Don't spend hours editing your update because of this.
>Chargen kills quests. Usually. Hide it or remove it until you git gud.
>Never demand your players name anything. They either disappear or post the worst suggestions.
>Don't feed the trolls. Shut down their stupid write-ins before they sink your quest.
>Don't meta-talk during the thread. Save anything not about clarifying the vote until the session's done.
>Don't fear failure. Experience helps more than any guide. Don't get too attached to your premises.
>Don't be afraid to stop. If you're not having fun, don't force yourself. Tell your players and try a different idea.
>Make a Twitter so people know when you're running; so your quest doesn't fizzle out for lack of votes. Link it at the start (and end) of your thread. Give at least several hours notice before running. Use UTC for times; not everyone lives in America.
>Don't be afraid to ask for advice in the IRCs/Discord. In there, you know who's giving the advice.
>Don't write in the 4chan reply window; you'll lose an update someday. Use a word processor that autosaves and back up your previous updates with a private pastebin or file upload.
>>
>>152055
It was the only way to keep the community from stagnating back on /tg/ and it kept the anti-questfags from shitting up the 24/7 general that we used to have.
>>
>>152055
>ignored the moment it's done.
Why are you so intent on stopping this then? If you seem to have no worry of /qsg/'s future then why try to convince those who have fun to stop?
>>
>>152152
Beautiful post. Should be saved.
>>
>>152152
>>Read other quests. Learn from their mistakes.
Other quests are a mistake.
>>Use prompts. Don't remove prompts unless your players are creative with write-ins or they'll stop posting.
Prompts are railroading.
>>Use a majority vote. Don't use last number of their post or highest roll to decide which option is picked.
Tyranny of the majority is a thing.
>>
File: general questing advice.png (444KB, 2952x1066px) Image search: [Google]
general questing advice.png
444KB, 2952x1066px
>>152201
Here you go.

>>152215
Get out of here.
>>
>>152201
It's from the Discord channel's topic: http://pastebin.com/vRzRFfe4
>>
File: 1463625453158.jpg (59KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463625453158.jpg
59KB, 919x720px
>>152215
>>
>>152152
Great stuff
>>
>>152226
Thank you. I will post this when anyone asks about QMing.

>>152215
Nice b8
>>
>>152152
Nearly perfect.
>>
>Player question
I feel like QMs always sound a little conceited or arrogant, but that may just be my hardwired dislike for trips. Can't be a good anon if you're not anon anymore, after all.

QMs are pretty cool people in general, though.

>>152055
>>152153
People will shitpost whenever they feel like it. Just because you set the /qsg/ to the weekends, doesn't mean the shitposters will start respect the board or thread any more to not post bait.

If we limit the time of /qsg/ to just the weekend, it'll only be a detriment to the people who actually need a place - the only place on /qsg/ - to ask for advice.

Also, how ready is everyone for the influx of college-student-summerfag-QMs that are going to be coming in about a month?
>>
If your thread has gone 20 min without a reply, is that rip thread?
>>
File: 1445144290893.png (168KB, 409x308px) Image search: [Google]
1445144290893.png
168KB, 409x308px
>>152305
>Also, how ready is everyone for the influx of college-student-summerfag-QMs that are going to be coming in about a month?
I don't really know, considering I'm probably going to be among them.

Granted, it's just that this board was formed a month before semester's end and its existence got me thinking about running something, so it just lined up more than anything. I probably would've been able to run something easily around my class schedule.

I'm the guy from like 3 threads ago who had interest in a JoJo quest with an original cast, for the record. I'm almost done filling out my characterization bible for major characters, and then all I want to do is put together a simple combat system (since it's JoJo I'd prefer it to be free-form) and come up with a few more Stand User Of The Week-style stands.
>>
>>152152
Thank you! =w=
>>
>>152365
On /tg/? Eh I'd give it 30. Then yeah, pack it up.

On here? Hell if I know.
>>
>>152365
I had to wait an hour a few times, no problem. As long as people reply, you still have a chance at reviving it.
>>
>>152365
I've actually had several hours between post and player input; my threads stretch the upper bound of how long a session is, though.

If there was a lot of people posting in a spurt, just give it some time. Do keep note of what your options were, and see if maybe it was a little off putting a set of choices. I wait for replies by fiddling with other stuff, and just check back to the thread occasionally.
>>
>>152389
I hope you have some idea on how to direct the player to some goal. That Jojo quest a while back was way too open ended.
>>
>>152153
That's kind of what I figured. Getting your own board is pretty much winning, so it's the perfect excuse to throw off/grow past the cult mentality. Should be smooth sailing here on out.
>>152215
'zactly.
>>152226
"QM master race" is an obsolete cult meme. Not everyone's going to be on board with constantly snubbing potential players.
>>
>>152365
Sorry man, I thought I had posted that but it turns out I forgot to verify and push the post button.

Fuck snakes.
>>
>>152365
link your quest here if you want.
>>
>>152419
It doesn't really feel like we won out to be honest.

>>152365
Having the vote timer be from x minutes after the first vote can cut down on your anxiety of waiting for the players to know you are running a quest/have posted an update. Maybe not by much, but patience is fucking difficult at times.
>>
>>152409
I have a plot direction planned out. The main crew is working for the Speedwagon Foundation, which points them in various directions for missions which make up arcs of various lengths. I also have a clear villain in mind, and the nature of their crimes are going to be touched on by the backgrounds and personalities of every major character.

I could dump a quick synopsis here if anyone's interested in the premise.
>>
>>152465
Dump it.
>>
>>152465
Nice. When are you doing this quest?
>>
>>152451
>doesn't really feel like we won
You seriously did. Having a board made is the goal of literally every general thread. It's just that it isn't always what you'd hoped it would be. I'm sorry to say that you'll never get back the feel you had for /qtg/ back when it was on /tg/, but you've did help give birth to something ....... that might some day become ....... not shit.

The battle against shit quality isn't over and it might never be over or it might not even be a battle you can win, but your existence is no longer under any real threat. You have the site-sponsored right to exist, so use it. I'm just the first in a long line of newfags that will feed your growth. You're the only ones that can really decide if that growth is cancer or not.

It's not always gonna be pretty, but that's is what it means to have a board.
>>
>>152465
Do it!
>>
File: 1443241175144.jpg (87KB, 498x467px) Image search: [Google]
1443241175144.jpg
87KB, 498x467px
>>152476
Without spoiling anything major:
>The year is 1976
>MC is Joshua J. O'Malley, a second-generation Irish Immigrant and young NYPD Officer fresh out of the academy who's had a weird spirit for a few years now that he's never mentioned to anyone
>Joshua is a little high-strung and caught up with the concept of "Justice" and serving it, his veteran partner urges him to relax more
>One day, a bank robbery occurs, followed by a large explosion at the site; it's a stand user robbing the place
>This encounter, and Joshua's first use of his stand in combat, leads to the Speedwagon Foundation recruiting him, along with various other stand users in the public sector, into a task force to combat a drug smuggling ring/cartel that has employed stand users
>various major characters in the task force include a firefighter, an FBI Agent, an army vet, a hot shot Air Force Pilot, a high-ranking member of a SWAT team, etc.
>Most of the main cast has stands named after songs by The Police
I called it JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Quest: Justice Vice

>>152483
Probably once I'm confident in my materials/system, create a twitter, and have a general sense of when I'll be free this Summer. Maybe once I get a kind drawfriend to do a handful of character art pieces.
>>
>>152541
>goal of literally every general thread
That completely misinterprets the situation

>>>/qa/
>>
>>152572
I think this thread has already established that WLS's opinions aren't worth much.
>>
>>152572
Was talking about /tg/'s /qtg/, not /qsg/.
>>
>>152581
>opinions
>worth much
This is not unique to me.
>>
>>152365
longest wait i've dealt with is about 40mins for first reply, 20mins aint jack.

And really the only reason i had to wait that long is because my workday ends right when this board is at its slowest. My shift starts right when this /qst starts getting active.
Sometimes its suffering, but i know i have a good number of lurkers during my workdays. Hopefully this thursday night they can get in on a session.
>>
>>152305
>Also, how ready is everyone for the influx of college-student-summerfag-QMs that are going to be coming in about a month?
>summerfags
Can we stop this meme?
Work/school/life has never stopped anyone from going on 4chan/the internet when they should be spending their time being productive.
>>
>>152607
Running a quest takes more effort than shitposting.
>>
>>152641
Huh, so I was accurate with the assessment that that was you.

Make sure to conclude the run in the actual thread though.

Might want to do that first, in fact. Next time.
>>
>>152623
So? You've done nothing to disprove my point. You'd be stupid to think that summer vacation will create an explosion of anons who were responsible enough to focus on their studies and not spend effort elsewhere.
>>
>>152652
>spend effort
Shitposting doesn't take effort.
>>
>>152651
I appreciate the advice; thanks for playing.
>>
>>152666
Assuming they will be shitposting like you are.
>>
>>152666
You'd be surprised at the lengths some shitposters will go to. Granted they can't really keep it up for long, but I give them a C- for effort.
>>
>tfw a month+ without your favorite quest

its dead r-right?
>>
>>152562
Do it man.
>>
>>152700
They're waiting until they have free time.

When school's out.
>>
>>152690
>You'd be surprised at the lengths some shitposters will go to.

D. Report him to Cooler
>>
>>152684
I think I learned from some of my mistakes in my Harry Potter dungeoncrawler quest
>>
>>152713
What were your mistakes in that one?

Other than the fact that that crossover was a ridiculous concept.
>>
>>152152

I have one to add, actually.

Never let your players be safe.

What does 'safe' mean? It means - Never let your players turtle up. Never give them a place they can be absolutely secure. Quests live and die on momentum, and momentum means that the PCs must keep multiple plates spinning in the air at the same time.

Beware the endless passive powerlevelling loop, as seen in so much manga and Light Novels: Don't let the player train until he gets good, or spend weeks researching that single perfect spell or power. If he can do that, he's encouraged not to do anything except spend all that time crafting the perfect solution.

I also highly advise against any resource that renews itself over time, because it encourages the player to 'camp' on a single location to constantly harvest the benefits. Everything in a quest should encourage a player to keep going, to keep moving, like a shark in a hunger frenzy: If he stops, he dies.

Why do I advise this? Well, it's also for the QM's sake. If the PC doesn't do anything, the QM gets bored, and when you get bored, you stop running a Quest. I've been able to sustain interest in my Quest by ensuring that things continue to happen: After each session, I mark how the plans of the NPCs are progressing up to the point the PC slams into them. If things weren't building towards some kind of catastrophe, if there was no time pressure, I'd have been bored a long time ago.

That's the best advice I can give, really. Everything should be fluid and shifting. Make sure that your players have no zone of safety they can hide in, and this doesn't just refer to combat or resources - It refers to relationships, allies, and the progression of the plot itself. The PC should be encouraged to get out and do things, or the story bogs down.

In my Quest, I've done this by ensuring that the entire economy is death-focused. You only gain XP, really, by killing other NPCs. Hunting 'mobs' has greatly diminishing returns, barring the powerful and unique creatures that are boss fights in their own regard. The best resources also mostly come from other people (Sort of how Soulforging was carried out in Wraith: The Oblivion) or are artifacts that require adventure, interaction and combat to acquire. (At which point the PC is doing something anyway.)

If not for that, I would have thrown in the towel years ago.
>>
>>152705
but my qm's reportedly a semi-functioning Adult!
>>
>>152726
>semi-functioning
Wait until they're done giving lectures.

To their students.
>>
>>152720
Make smaller, more focused dungeons
Write faster
And have a less ridiculous premise
>>
File: SMT in a nutshell.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
SMT in a nutshell.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>152731
>>
>>152723
Joker Quest, is that you?
>>
>>152723
Excellent advice. Definitely something to consider for /tg/ style quests.
>>
Guys, I think we should enstablish that lWLSd/Gg is actual cancer. Don't talk to it, it will try to talk back with SJW shit and complete incompetence within their own argument. Do not entice it to have a reason to talk. just stop. it isn't real. ignore it.
>>
>>152741
I'd consider your offer if you weren't the faggot that tried to bring /pol/ "humor" to my /qst/.
>>152759
'zactly. IDs help with that. So long as nobody has anything decent to say to me, we're all better off if nobody tries.
>>
>>152759
>>152777
And to add on to that, I literally said this earlier: >>152541
>You're the only ones that can really decide if that growth is cancer or not.

Literally, it's your decision to make. You have more experience with 4chan-based-quests than I do. So long as you're actually making an effort to distinguish cancer from legitimate growth, I'll never have anything to complain about.
>>
File: 1463273181583.jpg (22KB, 320x390px) Image search: [Google]
1463273181583.jpg
22KB, 320x390px
To QM or to not QM, that is the question.
>>
>>153138
Just do it!
>>
i always wanted to run a sunless sea quest where we and our zailors explore the horrors of the zee....

fuck
>>
>>153296
AND NOW YOU MUST.
>>
>>152723
>>152751

Terrible advice.
>>
>>153312
How so?
>>
>>153301
i really don't know man....may be?

spit ball with me on this one. should we stick to the source material? or what
>>
>>151224
>QM question:
I think they tend to be a bit too risk-averse, which is something I'm trying to work on by making the riskier options more obviously worth the risk. But it's hard to get that type of player to bite.
>Player question:
What does that even mean.
>Everyone question yes, i invented that
If this board really exists for the sake of the literal >what-do
quests and one-and-done drawquests, then it has a point: because those things couldn't and probably shouldn't survive on /tg/. But for already-established, "author-driven collaborative storytelling", and for authors who want to try and establish something, /tg/ was and currently still is fine under the pre-/qst/ arrangement.

/qst/ wasn't something I wanted, it's not something "we" needed, and it's not something I've embraced aside from the odd shitpost in /qsg/.
>>
>that dead thread
>>
This one should be obvious, but how does everyone like tutorials? I mean, not the hand-holding variety that say do this do that no don't go there, but laid out in a manner where the MCs basic abilities are explained over the course of their exploration.

In the quests I've read, the players don't seem to consider all the options available, favoring only the prompts over write-ins, or when they do write-in, they fall back to the same memetic responses.

I'm not saying that's an inherently bad or wrong thing to do, especially if the character has a ton of abilities/items. I just would like to know if there's a good way to ingrain at least the basics so the players know what they are capable of, to make the most of what they have.

Obviously, most anons/names here follow multiple quests, so I may just be answering my own question on that one.
>>
>>153702
A "tutorial" or a showcase of the protagonist's abilities/equipment often goes hand in hand with the "show, don't tell" rule, so go for it.
>>
>>153702
definitely a show, don't tell thing. Having it explained to you as if it's the first time for the MC to do it does not inspire confidence in its effectiveness.
>>
>>151224
>QM question:
NO.
The write-ins are very nice to!
>>
>Akun going with enforced registration
EVERYTHING IS GOING TO TITS GOD DAMNIT
>>
File: 1460657032876.jpg (8KB, 309x85px) Image search: [Google]
1460657032876.jpg
8KB, 309x85px
>>153803
>Akun going with enforced registration
It was bound to happen.
>>
I think it's now safe to say that the panic over /qst/'s very existence was overblown and the board is doing fine without /tg/'s supposed "traffic" of faggots who repost the same images in the same DnD and Warhammer topics all day.
>>
>>153826
Safe to say it, sure, but that doesn't necessarily make it true.
>>
>>153826
>I think it's now safe to say that /qst/'s very existence was completely unnecessary and quests were doing fine with /tg/'s supposed "traffic" of faggots who repost the same images in the same DnD and Warhammer topics all day as that traffic is what brought in new players.

FTFY
>>
>>153826
Go ahead, start a new quest without a previous userbase.
>>
>>153839
Just because you're a shitty writer and make a boring quest with a boring setting and a cast of boring characters doesn't mean the quest board is an abject failure, hope this helps
>>
>>153845
This doesn't have anything to do with what I said, though.
>>
>>153845
Is that why you can't make a new quest? Are you projecting your faults onto him?

Or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>153845
There's no need to resort to insults. At least try to argue your point in a civil manner.
>>
>>153845
>>153826

Has there been a single Quest that has really taken off here? All of them are dead, half-dead, or shitty. Even discussion has completely died down. Face it, this board is basically living death. It's a ghetto.
>>
>>153943
A few. Melancholic, Dark Gate, and a few others. But like that's less than 10% of a 150 thread board.

Just like how it was on /tg/.
>>
>>153943
Dark Gate Academy, maybe.
>>
>>153943
Melancholic, Dark Gate Academy, Jara, Genocide, and GreenText seem to have taken off quite well.
>>
>>153951

They're insanely slow-moving. That's another time I sincerely don't like. I've speed-read through them (personal opinion) and I honestly don't think they're any good.
>>
>>153955
Well quest quality got thoroughly reset once this board came up. All that survival of the fittest on /tg/ that accumulated for years vanished.
>>
>>153960

Basically this, yeah. I'm surprised that the Quests here are quite this bad. There's no rhyme, no reason, very little structure.
>>
>>153943
>They're insanely slow-moving
I wanted to ask about this myself, but since you brought it up I'd like to add to issue. What do people generally prefer, a burst of updates in daily sessions or updates throughout the day?

In the quest I'm currently running, I tend to make 4-5 updates in a 4~ hour session. That might be a bit slow compared to some other quests, but I do like to spend some time on world building and drawing.

I currently have around 2-3 regular players and it's alright. I don't know if slower updates are off-putting to a lot of people, so I'm curious what you guys think about the topic.
>>
>>153971

Frankly, I prefer to set aside time to run a long session properly.
>>
>>153971
>I tend to make 4-5 updates in a 4~ hour session
That's extremely slow imho. When I ran on /tg/ I could cram in a new update every 20-30 minutes (voting time excluded) over the course of a 8-10 hour session.
>>
>>153971
It's hard to say cause this new board changes all the rules that we had to do on /tg/.

On /tg/ 4-5 updates in a 4~ hour session wouldn't be good. Your threads would be short and not much would get done since by the time you want to come back to it, it would have fallen off the board since that board actually has traffic.

On here though you can get away with it and the slowness of this board might be easier for QMs that couldn't hack it on /tg/'s speed.

Anyways to answer your question, as a player, I would rather have faster QMs that can set aside 6-8 hours for their quest.
>>
>>153971
As a guy who runs one of the quests mentioned above, I'll just say how I tend to do things. I usually run long sessions, with a new update every 20-40 minutes, dependant on the word length of the update and the time it takes for a decisive vote to be reached between player.

Last night's session was particularly long, lasting 12 hours with 27 updates. I usually run 2-3 hours less than that.

Of course, I don't run a drawquest, and the times between updates would obviously be much slower if I did.
>>
>>153977
What kind of quest? What issues do you face most of the time?

>>153999
>I could cram in a new update every 20-30 minutes (voting time excluded) over the course of a 8-10 hour session
That's pretty impressive. I'm new to the whole questing business, so it might be my inexperience, but how do you manage to pump out updates so fast? Any "secret techniques" or does it come with practice?

>>154002
>Your threads would be short and not much would get done since by the time you want to come back to it
So far I've ran 5 sessions, I've started last week. You're right on short threads, I've barely passed the 100 post mark.

>>154005
>Of course, I don't run a drawquest, and the times between updates would obviously be much slower if I did

I draw between 1-2 panels to visualize key moments in a scene, and fill in the gaps with some text in the post. I want both of the element to be at least decent in quality, which takes around 20-40 minutes depending on how detailed/complex I want the following scenes to be.

Though I witnessed a few quests that have 2-3 updates through the day, "Legend of Peter Titmouse" comes to mind, and I noticed there was a ton of people participating, around 80 to 100 IPs. So it makes me think that if you have a decent amount of regulars in your audience, maybe the time format doesn't really matter that much in the end. The bigger problem would be acquiring and up-keeping a recurring audience in the first place.
>>
>>154025

Mostly having to work, and wanting a day off to myself. I used to run up to twelve hours in a single shot. Alas, those halycon days are gone.
>>
File: 1462772497058.gif (623KB, 360x263px)
1462772497058.gif
623KB, 360x263px
>>154025
>but how do you manage to pump out updates so fast? Any "secret techniques" or does it come with practice?
Just practice. Either you figure out how to write an update with a light amount of text that is still a fleshed out enough to be an update or you eventually become fast enough to write a word heavy update in a short amount of time.

My trick (and maybe others' as well) was that I usually spent the 10-12 minutes my players voted on a choice to figure out what should and could happen next for every prompt available so I had several skeleton-updates in mind to flesh out the one chosen within 20-30 minutes of pure writing.
>>
Star Wars quest when?
Hogwarts quest when?
X-men quest when?
>>
>>154080
When you run it x4
>>
>>154080
>Star Wars quest when?
All the decent ones died or went on hiatus from what I know.
Sith Apprentice, Republic Commando, Jedi Apprentice Quest all died. AT-TE and the smuggler quest Schteel ran went on hiatus if I'm not wrong. The Inquisitor quests' QM is waiting for its co-QM to be free to run his.
>Hogwarts quest when?
Used to be one on /tg/. Don't know what happened to it.
>X-men quest when?
When you run it.
>Avatar quest when?
The only one I know of played out like 200-300 years after the first avatar and the MC died fighting his dad due to bad rolls. The shitposting and crying broke the quest. When the QM tried to retcon the death, not even a third of the playerbase came back.
>>
>>154086
but i am a shit writer that only has a few ideas for each
>>
>>154107
Brainstorm them with us and they might get picked up by someone good or they become good enough to motivate you to git gud.
>>
>>154113
Alright well I've more ideas for the Star Wars one so I guess I'll start with that.
Set in the Old Republic but well after Darth Bane's time (so no Sith), the Jedi are at the height of their power with Temples all over the galaxy and numbers in the hundreds of thousands, and while the Sith are no more, there are a few known Dark Jedi running around. The Galaxy is at a relatively good place with a few exceptions (Hutt Space, Zygerrian Slave Empire, and a few independent systems and planets thrown in). The Republic is a bit smaller at this time, consisting of most of the Core Worlds and some in the Mid Rim. The rest of the known Galaxy is divided up between the Hutts and the ZSE on the Outer Rim and the Wilds (independent systems and planets) covering the rest of the Mid and Outer Rim.
The PC would be a new Jedi Apprentice joining there Master on a planet in the Wilds. The Master is an adviser to the ruler of the system.
And that's pretty much all I have. Not sure where I want the plot to go, whether it be a civil war breaks out in the system or it being near the Hutt/ZSE boarder and afraid of getting caught up in the brewing war or something smaller in scale like taking down the current crime ring that is reeking havoc on the system.
>>
>>153713
>>153737
Sweet. Thanks guys.
>>
>>150450
Alright, I'm back and alive.
>>
>>154181
The Hogwarts one is one I'd much rather be a player in as most of my ideas are for the PC, other than it being set in modern time
American Muggle born, moved to England the summer before the school year started
Obsessed with music and has 3 ipods full of all kinds
I like the idea of them finding out that tech doesn't work right at Hogwarts and they will have to hunt down the least magical spots just to listen to music and introducing all the wizard born to different types of muggle music and maybe starting a band or something
>>
>>154242
Bandit quest is updating!
>>
>>154241
X-men would be the easiest as I've read a ton of the comics. It would be set in a world similar to Evolution (or maybe just in that worlds near future) where Mutants are the only super group in town. The PC would be a new student at Xavier's and the plot would just be general X-men stuff adapted to fit this world.
>>
>>154256
Avatar would actually be Republic City Quest and set sometime after Aang dies but before Korra is found/grows up.
The PC could be anyone from a new immigrant, a seasoned pro bender player, to an underground fighter. It doesn't really matter.
The real point is the setting, I feel Legend of Korra really missed out on exploring Republic City. It had such a cool Noir Hong Kong vibe going for it. The PC would deal with corruption, gang violence, and other such things.
>>
>>153964
> I'm surprised that the Quests here are quite this bad.

Here's a hot take for you: most people who want to run quests suck shit at writing regular stories, much less anything that takes the input of people outside of themselves and doing so within a reasonable time frame. You aren't going to see an explosive growth of "popular quests" around here not merely because of the fact that this is /qst/, but because this is fucking 4chan and good writers and QMs are as much a needle in a haystack as you can expect anywhere else on the internet.
>>
>>154287
I could definitely enjoy a Pro Bending Quest that focuses on the relationships within the team, training your element and discover or create new techniques for it. The aim is to reach the very top of the pro bending scene. Some gang/corruption and debt problems that one of them is involved with could go out over their performance in tournaments is also a possibility etc.
>>
>>154256
>X-Men Quest
Well it's not about the X-Men in particular here is a very popular and well written Mutant Quest: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Homeless%20Mutant%20Quest

Go nuts, it's a ride.
>>
>>153999
>voting time excluded
Then that's really not all that impressive. This board isn't nearly as active or as fast as /tg/ would have been before the split.
Voting time is what takes up the bulk of 90% of these slow threads. the other 10% are packed full of players with just a slow writing QM's. Even writing at 40 WPM is enough to hit character limit in all of 15 minutes.

My personal problem is that i have a job working 12 hour shifts, leaving little time after work for a solid session unless i want to go to work with 4 hours of sleep the next day. But thats besides the point. There's a lot of variables at play.

>>154025
Either you're slow to come up with ideas, or you're slow to write them down. Practice is the only thing that can fill either of those weak points. Occasionally if you're still in the voting period and you have a majority your votes already locked in, you can pre write a little.

>>154288
basically this. Secondly, every thread in /qst/ doesn't NEED to be composed of fantastic writing. Not everyone shares your tastes.
>>
>>154376
>Then that's really not all that impressive.
Never said it was, but a new update every 30 or 40 minutes after the last update, which is with the 10 minutes voting time included, over 8-10 hours is a helluva lot faster than the majority of the /qst/ quests. It doesn't get much faster than that without a drop in quality.
>>
>>154252
Would love some help fixing up this thread/doing a test run.

trying to set up a decent template for a Multi-Character quest, the kind where individuals each control their own character etc.

Pretty much a cluttered shit hole of an image at the moment, but it will improve.
>>
>>154387
True enough.
I wish my quests were active enough to call it after a 10 minute vote to be completely honest.
With my work, my fanbase is pretty split across all timezones and hours of the day.
>>
File: 1463617186242.jpg (51KB, 500x500px)
1463617186242.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>154398
>Multi-Character quest, the kind where individuals each control their own character
Last I checked, that's not a quest.
>>
>>154409
Quest or not, it's there and the only people who can stop it are the mods
>>
>>154240
>>>150450
>Alright, I'm back and alive.
Guys I need some players bad. Been almost an hour since last post.
>>
>>154409
> In a quest there is a single author who controls the plot of the story and who drives the creative process. They can choose to take suggestions from other posters, or not, at their sole discretion. Quests can be text-based, image-based, or a combination of the two.

> In a quest there is a single author who controls the plot of the story and who drives the creative process.

Check

>They can choose to take suggestions from other posters, or not, at their sole discretion.

Check

>Quests can be text-based, image-based, or a combination of the two.

Check
>>
>>154409
And what exactly is wrong with a quest with multiple characters as long as the OP controls the narrative?

Oh right you're just being a salty bitch for no reason
>>
>>154448
Are we really going to have this argument every general?
>>
>>154456
Better here than in the quests themselves. Lighten up.
This is still 4chan after all.
>>
>>154456
I'd suppose so.
>>
>>154464
Let's have a containment board for all non-quests
>>
>>154474
sounds like trash.
>>
>>154417
True.

>>154436
>>154448
Not a quest. A quest is where anyone can jump in and participate at any time while the author/QM drives the plot forward with their help. Restricting it to limited slots available and different characters solely controlled by one player/ID is NOT a quest. That's a forum RP or something more akin to D&D.
Please look up the difference before trying to resort to insults instead of valid arguments.
>>
What's a good waiting window for replies?
>>
>>154498
30-40 minutes if you're just starting out. 10-20 recommended, 5-10 if you're controlling a very active quest.
>>
File: he's right.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
he's right.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>154486
>That's a forum RP
>>
>>154486
Where did I insult anyone...?

And no, a quest is a collaborative story, PC's can interact or not and creative a cohesive storyline.

Your argument is like say a narrative can only follow one entity and nothing else, I;E Game of Thrones isn't considered a story but a collection of stories with no relation

The stories WILL have relation, ergo by default it is a narrative created with input by each character.

And where did you get limits from? I only said I would create a limit if too many players for me to keep track of showed up. Which I highly doubt it will ever reach that point as /qst/ is so slow compared to /tg/
>>
>>154520 Not you.

>>154448
/\ Him.
>>
>>154520
A quest is a collaborative story, true, but not in the sense that you think; it's how a QM and an unlimited amount of anons (based on the amount of players and not limited to the slots taken/available) help each other write a story through the eyes of one character or several, BUT the keypoint is that there's not a single anon that controls a single character. Everyone controls the same character with their right to vote for what said character should say/do next.

That's not what you are describing. It's not a quest, it's forum RP.
>>
>>154547
There actually are multi-PC quests with each player controlling a single character, those are called skirmish quests.

Most of them are on /tg/ right now, but I think the QMs of it actually do allow players to jump in with their own characters as needed.

Granted, the gameplay makes it even more niche than quests already are, but people do join and those kinds of quests do exist.
>>
>>154498
20 minutes is pretty solid.
Really it just depends on how quickly you get responses, and knowing how many active posters you have during a session.
>>
>>154547
But why can't a quest be a collaborative story based on the world rather than the individuals in said world, you aren't answering that. That makes no sense limiting the scope to a single entity unless you want every quest to follow the EXACT same format.

In the way mine will operate, I fit every criteria you propose.

> QM and unlimited amount of anons help eachother write a story through one character or several

This happens, not every anon can affect the actions of each individual actor, but they can shape the overall state of the narrative (world) by interacting with it. Instead of voting for a linear action, they "vote" by making their own moves and the resulting conclusion is what happens when you combine all of those actions.

Ergo,
>Everyone controls the same character with their right to vote for what said character should say/do next.

I accomplish this by focusing on the WORLD as the entity of the quest, rather than the journey of a single character in said world.

You're being nitpicky for no reason. I don't get why everyone seems so against these being considered as 'quests' just because it takes a different approach from the tired old "X character is Y, choose an action"
>>
>>154557
>There actually are multi-PC quests with each player controlling a single character, those are called skirmish quests.
Again, those aren't quests like I've argued. They are forum RP threads at best.

>>154570
>But why can't a quest be a collaborative story based on the world rather than the individuals in said world, you aren't answering that.
I already did. It's not the how quests have always worked and how their format is.
>the tired old "X character is Y, choose an action"
You call it "tired", most others would call it a true and tested format that has succeeded where all else have failed. What you are essentially proposing is running a forum RP thread and calling it a "quest" when it's not. You're the one nitpicking here, not me though.
>>
>>154570
>But why can't a quest be a collaborative story based on the world rather than the individuals in said world, you aren't answering that.
Because that simply isn't a Quest. It's not a matter of nitpicking, but mixing up definitions. That's it.
>>
>>154570
>X character is Y, choose an action
That's a fundamental part of what makes a quest. It's like calling a game where you just go from area to area a sandbox game. What you're proposing fits the forum RP definition better than a quest.

Which, considering boards can get filled up with stuff that don't fit their original definitions, are probably gonna wind up on /qst/. But don't call them quests.
>>
Oy QTG, Where do you believe romance belongs best in a quest?
>>
>>154594
>>154595
>>154603

Well, guess this is decided by the community then. I'll keep running the threads in /qst/ and won't post in qsg, sorry for the inconvenience.
>>
>>154594
Barely even RP at that. It's mostly "describe action using short sentence, maybe with a quip, a character sheet, and dice roll" for the players.
>>
>>154607
At the very list, it shouldn't be the focus.
>>
>>154607
After slow build up where the MC learns about the love interest through character interactions, plot revelations and stuff like that.

Or just keep it between NPCs. God knows can get waifu wars fucking intolerable and derail a thread entirely.
>>
>>154610
Don't worry about it, Mods have already decided way back in /tg/ that it doesn't matter.

The salty bitches will remain salty bitches while they drown in their 524 threads of shittily drawn "lelrandom" quests and weird magical realm threads that they'd defend all day as amazing works of literature
>>
>>154626
>amazing works of literature
Nothing on this board is amazing works of literature. Everyone expects quick posts of story not something that is well written. Which sucks. I'm trying to have some form of good writing within my quest and keep it interesting with other elements.

But good writing takes too long.
>>
>>154656
> Not worried about diminished quality of quests
> Somehow worried that expanding the definition of quest will result in quest armeggedon

Fuck off with your cognitive dissonance riddled ass
>>
>>154656
>Everyone expects quick posts of story not something that is well written
If it takes you more than two hours to write an update, you can only blame yourself when the players start getting impatient. It just means that the format is not for you and you should use Anonkun or something else.

Players can be very patient if they know that they're going to get quality stuff, but they're not going to wait if you never promise quality in the first place and have done nothing to make them think it's worth waiting for you to finish.
>>
>>154672
>Somehow worried that expanding the definition of quest will result in quest armeggedon
It ain't about armageddon, we're just pedantic motherfuckers. It's like calling a visual novel a video game; it triggers the autism.
>>
>>154656
Fuck Quest is an amazing work of literature.
>>
>>154672
We don't really care about all of the zero-effort lolrandum quests here in /qsg/. The good stuff has always been a needle in a haystack to find, even on present day /tg/.
>>
>>154697
I'd also venture to say that BFQ is right up there with New York Time's best sellers.
>>
>>154672
>expanding the definition of quest
When was this? If you got this idea from me then I assure you that is not my belief.

>>154684
>more than two hours
Where? Most of my post do not exceed the 30 min mark. If you are talking about my most recent post with the guy speculating and my post is because I woke up. I wonder what you mean by this.
>>
>>154693
>It's like calling a visual novel a video game; it triggers the autism.
Only people who have never actually played VNs get triggered by that.
>>
>>154672
You seem extremely hostile and angry for a person who calls others "salty bitches"...
>>
>>154712
>Where? Most of my post do not exceed the 30 min mark.
I wasn't referring to you specifically, but QMs in general. Players are generally fine with waiting for up to two hours if they know they're going to get long and interesting updates each time. A dozen threads in and that time increases, but the playerbases ability to react to updates quickly decreases.

If you can get a regular update within 30 minutes, then I don't get your complaint about speed and writing quality. Take your time and make longer and better-written updates if you want to. You have the time.
>>
>>154672
You're the one coming across as a salty bitch here.

Nobody's even bitching about forum rps, they're just being pedantic and making it clear that they don't fit the definition of what a Quest is.
>>
>>154610
It's not that you shouldn't run it in /qst/ at all.

I think there's something you should be reconsidering here.

It's just, you know all those Skirmish and Risk and Adventure Guild and Builder threads, right? You know that they aren't exactly new, right? As in a couple years old, just like quests?

There are several issues that arise when any given player/character is only going to show up once in a blue moon. It takes FOREVER for anybody to get done, simply by the nature of the overhead needed for a new character to make an impact on the world. And factoring for 5+ different players takes TIME, lots of it. Builder threads commonly took 2 hours before the OP lists down literally 2-line responses for each action, half of them are basically "you fail and/or nothing of immediate worth happens".

That's why those culture civs are doing so well: they attempt to strike a balance between having just 1 character and having each and every player control a character. The QM is completely aware of how many acting factions there are, and is able to plan accordingly around a set structure.

You're saying you're trying something new, when in fact you're trying something that's never taken off without addressing the known concerns surrounding it.
>>
>>154607
No

it is not supposed to be the main focus. otherwise, it is fine.
>>
>>154607
Everywhere.

Fantastical coincidences, larger than life characters, a sense of adventure and-

oh, you meant the OTHER romance.
>>
File: rsz_img000016.png (72KB, 704x253px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img000016.png
72KB, 704x253px
>>155024
>oh, you meant the OTHER romance.
>>
>>155044
>Doesn't know what a Man's Romance is.
>>
>>155044
IIRC a romance is a story written in the romantic artistic tradition
>>
>>154080
>Avatar quest when?
You should make it James Cameron's Na'vi: the Last Airbender.
>>
>>154474
>>>/tg/
>>
>>155230
lmao No.
>>
>>152152
>Use prompts. Don't remove prompts unless your players are creative with write-ins or they'll stop posting.
You select an audience of train-lovers by forcing prompts down their throat. How do you expect them to behave free of the railroad?

>Don't meta-talk during the thread. Save anything not about clarifying the vote until the session's done.
Or actually talk with your players and pretend to be a human being having fun.

I'd add:
This isn't /a/utism. People might be interested by a concept without having read/watched every media of the franchise you're parodying. Sprinkle some background info and IC knowledge in the first posts.
>>
>>155689
Prompts aren't railroad though, and while talking with the players can be all fine and dandy, you're slowing down the thread by not writing the next update and if you answer questions in the middle of the thread, then you're providing them with meta knowledge that some of them might or might not use.
>>
>>155689
>train-lovers
Kek. You're only railroading if you force an option. If you present three equal options and a write-in and they choose one of those three then it is not railroading. It would be railroading if only one is obviously the correct choice.

Prompts are move of a suggestion for the players not really a DO THIS its more like, here are some possibilities and they have different results and consequences you can choose them or do something else that the QM hadn't thought about immediately after writing.
>>
>>155689
>You select an audience of train-lovers by forcing prompts down their throat. How do you expect them to behave free of the railroad?
There's a difference between "don't remove prompts" and "do nothing but provide choices with predetermined consequences". Just because there are prompts doesn't mean players aren't allowed to make write-ins and prompts are crucial for providing direction to the players by presenting potential choices that players can use to understand what they can do at the moment and use that to form their own ideas. Other times they're good for giving players the idea of what kind of choices the QMC can take in the given situation, which lets the players get a better idea of how to roleplay him/her.

>Or actually talk with your players and pretend to be a human being having fun.
Bad fucking idea 90% of the time. It takes the players out of immersion and forces the QMC to distract himself from writing the next update to converse or give out meta knowledge that could interfere with further decision-making on the players part.
It can be useful for clarifying some things that the QMC should be able to understand but can't be stated outright, but otherwise it generally leads to dumb stuff like people requesting setting dumps, asking for meta knowledge or arguing with the QM about things they didn't like. It's just not worth the trouble.
>>
>>155773
>Just because there are prompts doesn't mean players aren't allowed to make write-ins
You'll get 3 to 4 votes without any arguments for one of the prompts before the guy that takes the time to think and post a write-in posts, his suggestion won't be discussed and he'll stop caring after a couple tries.
>>
>>156200
Totally unnecessary, your fast board experiences are showing. Most of the slow board generals at least wait until page 9 before a blatant bump.
>>
>>156228
Fuket.
Also.
>welcome to /quest/
>/quest/
>the board is /qst/
>>
>>156371
There is usually a wait of more than 1 fucking hour between discussions in this general. Listen, I am nursing a headache from eating some food that did not agree with me so I am sorry for coming across angry. You could have at least made an inquiry about something quest related in your bump to actually spark banter between anons, so I will ask you, are there any quests on /qst/ right now that you think are good for a look through and why you like them? I can at least parse broken English reasonably so I can get a good idea of what you like.
>>
>>154456
>>154464
No. It's going to die down once the prior generation realizes that the board needs content more than it needs quality.
>>
>>154570
>unless you want every quest to follow the EXACT same format
Some people think creativity comes from formats.

Those people are wrong.
>>
>>148774
With the day off, Genocide quest is running a session for the peeps who normally can't make it for the crack ass of dawn sessions.
Artwork with every update, and looking to run for a good 7 hours minimum, maybe longer if activity picks up.
>>
>>154594
>nitpicking
Minor nitpick on my part.

The topic itself is nitpicky. Engaging in it implies nitpicking on the part of each participant.
>>154595
>simply isn't a Quest
>anything I don't like isn't a quest
Entirely unhelpful.
>>154603
If it's going to be allowed either way, then trying to be picky and choosy about what makes a quest is pointless. If RP can be done well, and an author can make it work, there's no reason to complain.
>>
>>154607

Look, I think romance in a Quest is a big thing.

See, Quests are very, very different from your traditional tabletop game or even a play-by-post RPG. For start, there's less emphasis on loot, and more on 'broad strokes' - this is because with so many people playing, the standard level-up and loot treadmill is less exciting. You have less investment in it, because it's a joint character.

But at the same time, Quests allow for more focused, individual narratives. For instance, in a standard D&D game, it's unlikely that you'll designate one guy as the hero - Everyone wants a chance to shine. So it's always a party of heroes, with each character getting equal spotlight. Interestingly, the RPG that's further from this is Exalted, where each PC is basically a superhero and the party is a superhero team-up. (Or like those crossovers where Conan meets Elric, or the Grey Mouser, and so on.)

So the big draw in a Quest is character interactions. And naturally, with character interaction comes romance.

But how should romance be done? Well, to my mind, romance should be another impetus to the plot. There's the 'safe' kind of romance that doesn't go anywhere, that's basically a comforting prize - i.e. it's an established relationship with no drama - and then there's the 'dangerous' kind that's tied into the story and forces it to progress. You love the princess, but she's going to be married off to unite the warring kingdoms. You love the swordswoman, but she's sworn to defeat the Demon King or die trying. Your lover from a past life has returned, but she's evil and cruel, warped by a thousand years of solitude - and she's holding your best friend in all the world at swordpoint.

Like everything else in a Quest, it should push the player to keep doing things, to keep moving. The least realistic - and most boring - kind of romance is the one where there's nothing exciting happening. Love is really, really *boring* except for the people involved. It's also another 'safe space' of emotional support, sort of like a crutch the PC can lean on.

You know what the most exciting part of it is? The chase. Consumnation, and everything that comes after that, is a flat line. Why do so many LNs keep a vague kind of status quo? It's not just to keep selling books, but also to keep one of the conflicts going; there's a kind of tension, a back-and-forth, that makes you wonder how it'll all play out. Ultimately, suspense is what drives Quests.

For instance, if you had a Quest that was entirely about a peaceful life with your lovely and caring wife, the QM would eventually quit out of boredom. Nothing happens on that front, and it isn't interesting. Just like everything else, it has to serve some kind of narrative purpose, something the PC can poke at or something that's coming out of alignment.

(More)
>>
>>156653

Basically, it's an incitement to drama and adventure. It's also an important part of characterization. Nothing changes someone's personality more than being in love, and (conversely) nothing makes them more blind. It can make people do great and really stupid things.

I've personally always thought of a Quest as more of a weekly anime series than an outright RPG, so my perceptions of it are likely slanted that way, however. And the heart of every show is meaningful conflict and drama.
>>
>>156653
>>156660
Now THIS is feedback! Thank you incredibly for this. I will do my best to make good use of it.
>>
>>154610
>inconvenience
Nothing's getting bumped off because of an influx of shitty "RP" threads, so it's definitely not an inconvenience. It's a gripe without purpose.
>>154626
>defend all day as amazing works of literature
Nobody does this. There's a terrible lack of real criticism (constructive or otherwise) on this board.

All the saltiness and shitposting does is limit how willing people are to ask for feedback. If you want quality, you'll need to actually become a critic in a useful sense and express your gripes in a meaningful way that authors can actually take lesson from.

>>154672
>diminished quality of quests
As opposed to what? How it was on /tg/? You can't help that. Influx of newfags will always create crap quality. What makes or breaks a board is how well the oldfags can get the newfags to start making quality. On any other board, shitposting can help with that. On this board, you'll actually need to get into the habit of making well thought out replies with actual talking points. "Just follow the format" does not inspire creativity.
>>154782
I don't see any consensus about where to draw the line between the two.
>>
>>154883
Underrated post.
>>
Yo guys, I'm running a Samurai Jack one-off to test this board out.

Anyone want to jump in for a few hours?
>>
>>156725
link it.
>>
>>156731
>>156725
>>156623
>>
>>156725
If you can't get three players on your first prompt, I can make time for it.
>>
Local Man Visits Earth is rearin' to resume. Let's go, I have a vote up in the air and our intrepid hero's stuck on a station that wants to bury him.

>>153392
>>153392
>>153392
>>
>>157021
I just got a 100 on a d100. Holy shit.
>>
>>157056
Had a quest where we had four 1 on a d100 critfails in one session.
>>
>>157056
I hope it wasn't something like Rogue Trader, where 100 is a guaranteed/critical failure

>>157063
Sounds like my luck with dice haha
>>
Hi! I'm Lowell, and I just started my quest!
>>157119
It's fully drawn by me! Any anons willing to test it out?
>>
>>155837
So you've never actually participated in a Quest. Good to know.
>>
>>156608
Oh fuck off. Nobody is saying that the author can't do whatever he wants, but he shouldn't call it a Quest because that's not what it fucking is. Changing the definition of the term just because one person wants to do something that isn't a Quest on a Quest board is fucking retarded.
>>
>>156675
>"Just follow the format" does not inspire creativity.
Nobody is saying you can't follow the format, but if you're not following the format then don't fucking misuse the name of the format. What's so damn hard to understand about this?
>>
>>157461
>What's so damn hard to understand about this?
That salt. If nobody actually wants RP gone, then I can't imagine why anyone cares to be pedantic about what a quest is. Seems completely pointless.
>>
>>157471
What's RP?
>>
>>156675
>I don't see any consensus about where to draw the line between the two.
You're a troll and you should feel bad for implying it isn't clear as cristal. It's a RP when you limit which player can decide which choice. It's a quest when it can run without tripfagging or looking at IDs.
>>
>>157573
>RP when you limit which player can decide which
Thanks. Literally all I was asking for. A little bit of clarity goes a long way.
>>
>>157579
Not to be rude, but if you had read the discussion in its entirety you would have found this answer on your own.
>>
>>157624
Equivocation is the opposite of consensus. Until it actually gets written explicitly, there will be people that don't/won't appreciate the difference. "Infer the exact meaning of the oldfags" doesn't work to help newfags. A little bit of clarity goes a long way here.
>>
>>157709
My point still stands since
>It's a RP when you limit which player can decide which choice.
is the explanation you found clarity in. However, it was explained earlier as well in the discussion. Anyhow, just wanted to point out that it's often better to read through all the replies before asking questions or making statements that has already been answered or picked apart/confirmed beforehand. At least we're on the same wavelength now on what's what.
>>
Hey guys.

I am the QM of Fate/Broken Destinies.
I don't usually shill new thread here and I won't today either.

But given that I will be on a hiatus, I decided to create a Discord channel for my players. You're welcome to join if you want to learn more about the quest so far.

https://discord.gg/011NY5v89Xnf6mSa9
>>
Ded thread.
Ded board.
>>
File: 6784289342.png (35KB, 540x220px)
6784289342.png
35KB, 540x220px
>>157974
>>
>>157980
Sadly.
>>
QMs:
>Do you keep in contact with other QMs? If so, how? If not, why not?

Players:
>What makes you drop a quest that you've been following for several/many threads?
>>
>>158005
>QM question
IRC or Discord channels found in the OP.
>>
>>158013
Yes, but do you actually use them beyond lurking?
>>
>>158017
Of course, otherwise I wouldn't have answered the question...
>>
>>158005
>Player
Quest goes wildly outside of the advertised premise. Bait and Switch is okay, but if it's really NOT what I was looking for, no point in staying.
QM starts running in completely incompatible timezones before I get the chance to get invested.
I've long since reduced to lurking and finally can't find justification to care about the quest.
>>
How do I pick a good name for my quest?
>>
>>158141
Give it a relevant name to the plot?
>>
New Dark Gate Academy thread is up.
>>158162
>>158162
>>158162
>>
Is using black/grey/white stockphotos with watermarks removed, and blurred/blended acceptable as background?
>>
>>158277
Doesn't really seem to matter to some anons.
>>
>>151497
It's been in autosage for two days and hasn't left page 8.
>>
>>152541
> Having a board made is the goal of literally every general thread.
It really wasn't in this case. It was forced on us by habitual haters who were entirely delusional.
>>
>>158364
It's been on page 9 for at least an hour, try to keep up.
>>
>>153845
>>153826
When a complete pandering overpowered MC yuri quest gets two entire posters, you can be sure that the playerbase of a board is entirely nonexistent.

Look at the previous /qsg/. It's on page 8, and has been on page 8 for two days even with autosage. There's no movement on the board to push it off page 10. That's not a healthy, active board at all. And since it is players that make a quest board active...the math is done for you.

10% of the board is nothing - proven not just on /tg/, but here as well. Empirical evidence isn't something you can argue with.
>>
>>158382
You are correct, my bad.
>>
>>151224
>If you do not intend to run a collaborative story, do not post a thread here! This includes meta-threads
>better spam muh "general" because if it isn't on the front page I don't exist.
What's a catalog?
>>
Solo Dungeoneering Quest tonight at 1730 Eastern. You are Abram, a Dwarven fighter-thief who has returned to town to rest and prepare for the next adventure.

Rules are based on Swords & Wizardry, an old school D&D retroclone.
>>
Dramatic Princesses Rescue Quest continues and most likely concludes. >>158565
>>
>>158608
>Yuri smut quest
yeah, nah
>>
File: 2nbwps7.jpg (70KB, 545x353px)
2nbwps7.jpg
70KB, 545x353px
How do you guys do a popular vote when no one's replying?

Likewise, what do you guys do when no one's there?
>>
>>158694
>How do you guys do a popular vote when no one's replying?
Isn't that a contradiction in itself?
>>
>>158732

I really wanted to have a popular vote; I have a series of prompts and then the most popular one is chosen. Unfortunately, my quests have like 2 people max at most given moments. Is there an alternative to popular vote, besides rolling?
>>
>>158751
Oh, you mean majority vote. It's the best system, no matter how small or large your playerbase is. The only exception is drawquests where it's generally accepted that the drawfag QM is allowed to pick any suggestions.
>>
>>158769
I'm a drawfag qm. So, is there a way to make your quests not die, or is it just because this board is sorta slow?
>>
>>158786
It is the middle of the workday/schoolday for most of everyone in the EST timezone.
>>
>>158786
The board is slow, but that's not the reason you don't get a lot of players. I guess people just don't find the setting of your quest entertaining? I really can't tell you, but lack of interest/quality is usually (not always) the reason a quest only gets a small number of players.
>>
>>158802
So my quest is basically just boring.
Well, I'm just going to keep on drawing because I wanna finish something in my lifetime.
>>
>>158810
What is your quest´s setting, anon?
>>
>>158834
I'm the guy who did those 4tress quest things, but I didn't like it so I stopped doing it. Now I'm doing the Generic Fantasy Quest story.
>>
Thinking of running a quest about a group of people with assorted powers being shoved into a dungeon crawl. Basically the government takes a bunch of criminals/heretics, throws them into an ancient temple dungeon type area, and tells them that they can get a pardon if they get to the bottom.

I would likely try to balance out combat bits and puzzle bits, because too much puzzles in quests either ends with the PC knowing all of the answers all the time and being far too useful, or not knowing the answer and the thread devolves into endless durdling. Gonna try to add a bit of politics and social stuff, in the form of the group devolving into a bunch of cliques who think the group should progress in one way or another.

Setting would likely be pre-modern, think like mid 19th century, and I will probably have only humans and no magic outside of small corner cases (like the group that gets sent in).

Thoughts?
>>
>>159058
>>in the form of the group devolving into a bunch of cliques who think the group should progress in one way or another.
>'Lord of the Flies' feeling intensifies.
>>
>>159079
Ideally.

I will also add that I intend the quest to have moderately high lethality, with the PC able to die, and then one of the other people taking over as the PC.

Note, I only had this idea this morning, and I would want to flesh out quite a bit of stuff before actually running it, so it will probably be a good 3 weeks or so before I actually get around to running it, but if there is interest, I can post periodic updates and get feedback on what people want before it starts. And if there isnt interest I can just drop the idea before I invest too much time, or recycle the idea into an RPG I run in the future.
>>
>>159058
>>159092
Interesting. Do you have a MC at the ready, or is there going to be some kind of character select. Don't go with letting the players create the character themselves, get them to choose from templates you have created. Templates that include the general personality guidelines and their powers. Gender and sexual preferences should not be put into the hands of the players, as they will devolve into waifuing and harems of all kinds.
>>
>>159097
I intend to create around 20 characters with a moderate amount of flesh before the game begins, divided into 3 cliques that suit the way they would want to do things, probably something like one who wants to progress quickly (might-makes-right), one who wants to progress slowly and carefully (life is precious), and one of misfits who are basically freaking out all the time (the most archetypal group to be the focus of a shounen anime). I might replace the last one if I can come up with a better idea, or if somebody wants to offer one.

Anyway, I would have three characters (one for each faction) fleshed out much more intensely, and the first option would be a choice between one of the three.
>>
>>159110
The whole thing sounds cool, I'd like to see it someday.
>>
>>159110
>>159092
Do it!
>>
Delayed by some doggy diarrhea. Will run Solo Dungeoneering Quest at 1830 Eastern
>>
>>157432
>>157432
>>157432

One last shill of this thread, before I go into "last resort" and do a pt4 thread and update all the pastebins for a new session entirely.
>>
back again with Our Vessel of Ash.

>>138292
>>138292
>>138292
>>
The quest I'm planning right now has a Muslim girl QMC living in Paris suburbs. How much /pol/posting can I expect? I'd like to run it here, or on /tg/, since the combat system is going to be a tad involved.
>>
File: shape_changer.jpg (548KB, 1585x2296px)
shape_changer.jpg
548KB, 1585x2296px
So tempted to run a Fighting Fantasy style quest...
>>
Solo Dungeoneering Quest is go

>>>/tg/47358023
>>
File: Spain Roman Ruins.jpg (93KB, 675x525px) Image search: [Google]
Spain Roman Ruins.jpg
93KB, 675x525px
>>159796
>>
>>159824
>>159824
>>159824

Beleaguered Prince Quest is up once more.
>>
Delayed by work, but I should have the next installment of Cyberpunk Detective up rather soon, if anyone's interested.
>>
I woke up this morning with a sudden urge to run a quest based on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. I remember someone bringing it up in /qsg/ a while ago, but I don't think anything came of it, and it brings up a few points about fanfic quests that I'd like a second opinion on.

For those who aren't familiar with it, Mahouka is, like a lot of Japanese light novels, an okay premise with a terrible execution. The author is absolute shit at geography and international politics (pic related) and he really, really fucking hates the Chinese. The series has a relatively interesting blend of magic and science, but the author goes out of his way to make it sound as boring and tedious as possible.

Basically, the only way to run a quest in this setting is to put it in Europe or maybe America (it also gets fucked up) and completely ignore the vast majority of the setting, plot and characters, but at that point, I might as well just rip off the parts that aren't complete shit and turn it into an original setting.

How would other QMs deal with an idea like this? How much can you take from existing settings when you're doing an original quest?
>>
>>159892
My biggest problem with that series (having only watched the anime) is that they spent most of the promoting how mediocre the MC is at 90% of things, and then in the last few episodes, they go full Deus Ex Machina and turn it all around and make him basically god.

The world was interesting enough though, I'd tune in.
>>
>>159947
>>159947
>>159947

Active with a new thread. If this one doesn't stick, I'll try another quest. Feedback helps, too!
>>
>>159947
>>159947
>>159947

Active with a new thread. If this one doesn't stick, I'll try another quest in the same setting. Feedback helps, too!
>>
How pissed would my players be if I used Homestuck music in my quest?
>>
>>160005
I really don't think anyone would be bothered if the music wasn't awful.

Tobyfox's stuff is pretty solid for RPGs. Megalovania I know made a tabletop session 100% better.
>>
>>159800
Alright, it's been thirty minutes without a response. Should I call it a the night?
>>
>>150450
I feel like either I'm really bad at being a QM or this board is basically dead. The community is so small and the lack of players is really killing my quest. Did I do anything wrong? is my quest boring?

I have no idea what to do to get more players because I'm putting a lot of effort into the quest but I just feel like no one is really enjoying it. The main progression I get is mainly by players who just happen by or 100% mobile players.

Any tips? or something? I have no idea what I'm asking. But I'm just saying there isn't much motivation for me to continue a quest that has been kept alive solely by my stubbornness to quit. I feel like my writing is fine and the pictures make it less of a word wall.

>>160070
Try an hour. If no one comments just keep the tab open and on auto and do something else. That's what I've been doing the entirety of my quest.
>>
>>160076
This is on /tg/, mind you
>>
>>160091
I don't know the dynamics of /tg/. Best pack it up if it's been that long on a faster board.
>>
>>160091
>>160117
No, just wait until it hits Page 10 without any votes, that's like a 4 hour wait from Page 1.
>>
>>160128
>4 hour
>>
>>160076
Way I see it there are two types of people who would come here: a relatively small number of /tg/ posters who are mainly following migrated quests, and people who were in it for the shiny new board.

Many of the former aren't going to really be looking for a new quest to participate in, and most of the latter seem to have lost interest. In other words, we're seeing exactly what we predicted from the start: /qst/ isn't actually sustainable.
>>
>>160143
Sometimes being right feels awful.
>>
>>160076
The community is pretty close to dead - the preferences are so specialized, there's no way to tell if anyone might be interested here.

you you take concepts based on total pandering that should at least get 10-15 people at least lookign at it, and you get 2-4 players and only 6 lookie-loos....there's really no hope.

I am pretty much going to continue one quest here, and the other on /tg/ as long as I can, and see if things improve in time.

I doubt they will.
>>
This boards basically dead now right?

Been checking on it now and then every day and theres little playerbase left in a lot of the currently running quests and the very few new ones that start up just die immediately
>>
>>160164
Nah, I honestly feel pretty great about being right. Just watching /qst/ slowly die has been great, it's not like any quests I read have been impacted by it and it also gave us that great planefag meltdown.
>>
>>160201
I wouldnt really know what constitutes dead, but at certain times during the day its pretty normal for a thread to be front paged for about an hour from one bump before hitting page 2.
>>
>>160218
>great planefag meltdown

wut
>>
>>160221
He got totally fucking #rekt by his players in one of his threads because he kept going on about how /qst/ was a fine idea and wouldn't negatively impact questing at all or some bullshit like that.

It was great. http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/21205/#p22822
>>
>>160164
Eh. I honestly don't feel too strongly one way or the other. Not much has really changed for me, and even the shitposters on /tg/ have apparently given up. I've still got the summaries written up in case Moderation decides to follow through and force me onto /qst/, but I'm pretty glad that I haven't been forced to use them yet.
>>
>>160239
Yeah. I guess it's mostly a problem for new quests which aren't draw quests by good artists like Awake. And even that one wasn't that populated.
>>
>>160233

>planefag refuses to make sweeping assumptions about /qst/ and wants to remain optimistic
>this means he got rekt when salty faggots screamed and shouted at him like whiny little bitches
>>
>>160128
Try closer to two days.
>>
>>160277
I was talking about the board speed of /tg/ where Solo Dungeoneering Quest is being run, not /qst/. The speed of /qst/ is currently 3 days to fall off the board during autosage.
>>
Honestly when /qst/ first showed up, I didn't really mind it at all. I read the QnA threads a bit, had some fun in the first few (mostly meme or shitposting) quests, and went to bed. Over the next few days I saw a few somewhat interesting quests I played in, and some older quests tried running here and seemed to be doing fine, so I figured things would be good.

I did notice however that even the more popular new quests here often seemed to be kinda low-effort. Like the greentext quest which was just no-effort when it came to writing and also had a 'plot' fully based on wish-fulfilment which is fun for a bit but kinda needs some nice writing if it wants to last. That one seems about dead now. Or the Yuri quest which seemed pretty directionless and the QM apparently gave up on it. There's also tons of quest with mediocre to poor art that don't seem to draw in nearly as many players, in general, as quests that just crib whatever animu or fantasy or sci-fi images they can find instead and seem to get no players. And I can't really blame them - after the first few days, I honestly stopped looking through the catalog for new things because everything seemed either dead, low-effort, or civ (which I'm not interested in). The civ quests seemed to especially thrive for a while, dunno how they're doing now though.

I've barely looked at /qst/ the past week. Whenever I open the catalog it's just quests with 40 posts in two days or yet another civ quest. Dead quests propagate dead quests. But it's not like I'd have much interest in most of them even were they active, to be honest. There does finally seem to be less low-effort fare than before, but I feel like the board has already stagnated and ground to a halt. Just looking at the post numbers of these last posts the board only seems to be getting about 3 - 4 posts a minute right now for example, and this is while not prime-time, still pretty damn good time for activity on most boards! I wish /qst/ was more active but I dunno how you'd go about making it so.
>>
>>160299
Ah, my bad. sorry.
>>
>>160302
It's shit, and that's why I'm not running there
>>
>>160302
I regret not drawfagging, now, to be honest.

Back to the drawing board.
>>
File: mq.png (32KB, 1213x904px) Image search: [Google]
mq.png
32KB, 1213x904px
Tried starting a quest last week, giving it one last shot, 3 players needed!

>>160346
>>
>>159892
have you heard the phrase "file off serial numbers"?
>>
>>160339
I'm drawfagging. Not like it's helping that much, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>160371

Just need one more person for this to get going!
>>
>>159110
This guy here, buzzing in from my phone, was wondering if there were any good guides out there for writing dialogue well, I'm ter
>>
>>160412
What quest?

My sinking feeling, and what I'm getting in Discord, is that I've got really bad choice in opening images.
>>
>>160516
Excluding weekends Your threads go up right when this board starts slowing down it seems like.

Outside that i really dont have any answers for you.
Generally speaking, drawfaggotry catches my eye more than googled images, not to say it gets me looking into the thread.
Personally speaking i never thought your writing was bad, just that the story is formulaic, nothing came as a surprise.
>>
I gotta ask, since there are still new quests popping up:

Why are people STILL asking for names as the first option?
>>
>>160680
Laziness or a desire to give the players control of more than just the actions of the protagonist.
>>
Any word on Death Among the Stars quest or GraveQM?
>>
Are tumblr links frowned upon in here?

I'm planning to drawfag and I figure I could use one to set up a persistent Inventory and character profiles.
>>
File: WaitingKitty.jpg (56KB, 600x865px) Image search: [Google]
WaitingKitty.jpg
56KB, 600x865px
>>160198
>>160302
The low activity of this board is the reason I haven't started my quest yet. /tg/ is an option, but I don't know if I want to risk dividing my archive if /qst/ becomes permanent.
>>
>>160815
Might as well go for it. Only if you get a huge audience (unlikely) or somehow get a dedicated shitposter (also unlikely) will there be some shitposting of tumblr, but most likely nobody will give a damn and a place to keep track of everything sounds good.
>>
>>160821
Shouldn't be too hard to direct people to the /qst/ archive if need be. It is annoying though.
>>
>>160409
>>160409

Started ep 2 of my Quest today, but it's slow going. I'll probably not end this one until some good progress has been made, even if that means leaving it open for a day or two.

I do wish there was a skosh more activity here, but at least the time in between responses allows me to draw decent images.
>>
>>160633
That's another question: when does the board pick up, generally? I'm in USTZ, -6 GMT. Lately I've just been posting whenever I can, but I turned into a night owl on the first thread.

And yea, LMVE follows a bit of a formula. I'd say it's because there's a rough outline in place, but it may be more because of the fact that I've got some writing on the side that follows the quest. I imagine it'll get a little less formulaic when I move off what's been established (I have a rough draft kind of version of the quest's plot on a googledoc), and start getting past that. Which, ironically enough, is right where we're at.
>>
>>160875
Can't tell you about /qst/ but on /tg/ American noon or primetime would be solid. 5pm EST maybe? More leeway on the weekends of course.
>>
>>160861
You should probably only post a two-part update when you got both parts finished. Cause I just decided to go do something else in the meantime.
>>
>>160861
Also, write-ins only when we know nothing about the situation kinda kills participation.
>>
>>160931
>>160766
>Responding to yourself, pretending to be the person you were talking about.

Oh shit nigger, what are you doing?
>>
File: Who you trying to fool.png (31KB, 583x327px) Image search: [Google]
Who you trying to fool.png
31KB, 583x327px
>>160968
kek
>>
>>160968
>>160984

Rip in pieces
>>
>>160984
An attempt was made.
>>
How are slice of life quests perceived nowadays?

Also, why do some QMs run their quests on /tg/ still?
>>
>>160984
Neither has his trip or full name, just saying.
>>
File: get the fuck out.jpg (398KB, 2749x802px)
get the fuck out.jpg
398KB, 2749x802px
>>161025
>How are slice of life quests perceived nowadays?
I think most of them are thought of as boring.

>Also, why do some QMs run their quests on /tg/ still?
Because splitting the archives is a pain in the ass, they're more familiar with it than /qst/, as a sign of protest against the existence of /qst/, because the mods are flip-flopping fucks who can't decide what policy to enforce...

If you're gonna shitpost about how all quests belong on /qst/ and all that, then get the fuck out. If you're genuinely curious, disregard that last sentence.
>>
>>161025
Easier to pick up players, not need to splint and potentially lose the archive on the off chance the board is deleted, they only usually run once every week or two
>>
>>161036
Nah, I was genuinely curious. Are /tg/ mods cracking down on quests still being run on /tg/ or are they just ignoring it? I haven't been keeping up to date with this stuff.
>>
>>161044
They don't care. I reported a >>>/qst/ poster in my first thread and they went away.
>>
>>161025
>How are slice of life quests perceived nowadays?
Haven't seen one in a while, but pre-/qst/ SoL quests were something most people craved for if done right. No idea how people think of it right now.

>>161044
They're not so much ignoring it as they are allowing quests on both boards since /qst/ is still in trial mode. I suppose they are still watching if /qst/ will get the traffic to sustain itself or not.
>>
>>160984
Grave posts on his twitter, and goes by GraveQM.

someone must be really bored.
>>
File: 1462832798973.png (194KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1462832798973.png
194KB, 400x750px
The discord channel didn't become a circlejerk, but it sure as hell became a place where new QM's are stroking their egos to the max and constant, subtle shilling.
>I'm excited for MY quest, u guise
>I surprise myself with MY awesome writing
>Whew, MY quest has a new update /wink /wink
>Does anyone here read MY quest?
>>
>>161303
So we're leaving the discord channel out of the OP from now on?
>>
>>161303
Given the state of /qst/, is it any surprise that new QMs would shill as much as possible
>>
>>161329
This kind of subtle shilling is just pathetic.
>>
>>160905
>>160913
Thanks for the input, this is my first time doing something like this so I'm still learning as I go. Appreciate it, though!
>>
>>161333
How else do you want one to promote their thread if the community seems to just ignore the catalog?
>>
>>161349
They're not though. Your quest is just shit if you can't get players without all this constant pathetic shilling. The more you shill, the more desperate you look.
>>
>>161359
Sorry /tg/ master race but this board and its community is dead. Either fix that or stop complaining about people shilling out thier fucking quests.

If you really want to help then go to their damn quest and play it you autistic fuck. Either that or give actual feedback onto their quest to help them improve.

This board is dead because faggots like you who want to stay in one place and try to force people onto your rules. Go eat a bag of dicks you pretentious cunt.
>>
If you do well, players become the promotion.

>>161349
>>
>>161402
Just because your quest is shit and you're called out on your pathetic shilling, doesn't mean you should throw a tantrum.

No one has an obligation to play in shitty quests that QM's need to shill about constantly. Rather, they have an obligation to NOT play in those quests because they're more often than not quests of poor quality who's QM refuses to give up and bothers others about it.

Feedback is available in here, in the IRC channel and the Discord. Why should people have to force themselves to play quests they don't like just to stop poor QM's from shilling? Doesn't make sense.
>>
>>161303
The fact that people can get banned from it for minor amounts of shitposting sure doesn't help matters either.
>>
>>161429
People are shitposting in there all the time. You're probably just disliked by one of the mods.
>>
>>161426
Since you had no problem scrolling up and finding where I was asking for help why dont you since you say that is what this thread is for.

Tell me what i did wrong in my quest. Do it because i have no fucking clue as to why my quest has barely one player posting at a time.

What can i improve on? Since youre a fountain of fucking knowlegde. My quest is fucking dead anyways.
>>
>>161460
I didn't scroll up. I assumed you're one of the shillers with a dead quest since you're throwing a tantrum about me berating your kind.
>knowlegde
You can start by improving your English, but I assume that's just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>161460
Maybe it's too luck-based? I see rolls everywhere.
>>
>>151224
What's your timezone, anon?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10268430
>>
>>161466
Mobile posting is a bitch.
>>
>>161466
I still find it funny you say shit yet you don't act on it. Go on. Read my shit man. I still want to know what I did wrong.
>>
>>161466

Here is the post I talked about it:
>>160076
>>
>>161503
You asked what you could improve on and I gave you advice and now you demand more. You're even going so far as to also demand that I MUST read your quest.
Please see
>>161426
>Why should people have to force themselves to play quests they don't like just to stop poor QM's from shilling? Doesn't make sense.

Now calm down. With your attitude, you're obviously not supposed to be a QM in the first place. I'm sure you can still find entertainment in quests. That is, as one of the players.
>>
>>161402
Holy shit dude. Look, if you have no one playing your quest it's because they don't like it. There could be a myriad of reasons why they won't like it. But I know for myself I was able to run a quest on here just fine with a lot of players. It's not impossible.

You are also getting way to mad about a quest. Let me repeat that, a QUEST.

Calm your tits, read over your own shit, and think about what you can change. Read other popular quests and see what they have. Actually read them. Look for what makes theirs fun to participate in.
>>
Also, one note.

Are you a QM?

How many quests do you participate in?

We all can't be actors on the stage or else there would be no audience.

Sometimes, you just can't do it, kid.
>>
Since the sticky mentions thread OPs can use text formatting, but doesn't say what text formatting options they actually have, I suppose I'll ask here.

What kinds of text formatting can the OP use?
>>
>>161519
Go read it and see what you think. If you're such a god damn am Jesus then tell me your ways. Either that or you can shove your pretentious shit back up your ass. No one fucking cares that you don't like shilling. Just go back to /tg/ if you don't like the smell of corpses.

If you want to change something, help people don't just complain like a little bitch nothing changes with one faggot complaining on a general.

>shouldn't be a QM
I don't much care for playing with dead things.

>entertainment In quests. That is, as one of the players.
Oh wait. I thought you said the quests are shit. Oh my bad. Probably heard you wrong. Get your story straight.

If you think I'm such a bad QM by talking on a fucking general thread then you must be fucking autistic. No wonder why you think all these fucking quests are shit, probably because you haven't read any of it. But I do agree there are shit boards out there.
>>
>>161533
You arent reading closely enough. It lists exactly what text formatting is available.
>>
>>161533
So far I'm aware of
[b]for power[/b]
[i]for cursive[/i]
for spoilers oh that seems to work yet.
>>
>>161535
I asked you to calm down and you resort to throwing an even bigger tantrum? I know you're angry that your quest failed, but stop going full autism about it in here. At this point, you're just shitposting.
>>
>>161527
I've read most. None of the ones that transferred here with about 100 different threads attached to them. I've read through civs, cultural evolutions, none of the risks. I've read through Jara, the one about a wasteland, and a couple others. I even read through some of the skirmishes like 80s soul. Helped with the civ builder thread by alacrity who disappeared.

>mad about quests
I'm not, just mad in general. It just so happened that the dude pissed me off even more.
>>
>>161537
>>161538
Ah, you're right. I completely missed it.
[b], [i], [red], [green], [blue]. And of course anybody can .

Alright then, thank you.
>>
>>161545
>throwing a tantrum
Kek. Now who was complaining about shilling?
>>
>>161554
And unclosed spoiler tags apparently do that. Duly noted.
>>
>>161552
Ignore the one dude, then. I mean not like in general. Some of the stuff he says is sound. But being mad at what someone said to you on 4chan is just as pointless as being mad about quests.

So you say you've read a lot of em. Did they have a lot of players? If they did then why did they have a lot? If you participated what made you want to participate?
>>
>>161554
[b]A[/b][i]n[/i][red]y[/red][green]t[/green][blue]i[/blue]me!
>>
>>161545
Yet you still find the time to humor his "shitposting" with your own.

Shitting in a pile of shit wont make it go away anon. We just get a bigger shitpile.
One of you be the adult and turn the other asscheek already.
>>
>>161556
>Now who was complaining about shilling?
Unless you've lost the ability to read, I was the one who addressed the issue of shilling. You're the one who got angry that I did, so I explained that there's reasons your quest failed. You asked for some advice and I gave it to you. That apparently wasn't enough and you started screaming for more. You continued to refuse to listen and resumed your tantrum.
Have I brought you up to speed?

>>161564
>Shitting in a pile of shit wont make it go away anon.
Then don't start shitting in it as well.
>>
>>161566
But anon, if nobody points out the obvious to you, you wouldn't get it.
But unlike you, this is the last shit ill be taking.
>>
>>161566
The one who brought up the issue of shilling? Are you kidding me? Jesus you must have your head so far up your ass you came out into another fucking dimension because you didn't 'bring it up' you said that people should stop shilling and complained about it like a fucking twelve year old.

But seriously >>161564 is right.
>>
>>161572
Awfully high and mighty words from someone protecting a fellow shiller. See you next time you decide to namefag or link your quest.
>>
>>161577
Resorting to insults now, are we? That's a good sign that this argument is over and you've lost. No point trying to argue with someone who can't see past his anger. Have a good day with your dead quest, my friend.
>>
>>161578
Here let me link mine.
>>150450 >>150450 >>150450 >>150450 >>150450 >>150450

>>150450 >>150450 >>150450 >>150450 >>150450 >>150450

Go suck a fucking dick man and goodnight to you.
>>
>>161589
You should reboot your quest with an all female cast of demon bitches
>>
>>161583
>Resorting to insults now, are we?

You must be blind and fucking retarded. I never fucking stopped insulting you. Maybe you need to do a once over with what I've written previously because I'm sure you have short term memory loss.

Won't see me for a while anon. Have a good night.
>>
>>160143
Sucks, really. I came here because shiny new board, and I'm having a blast. /tg/ seems really intimidating to find quests, so I'm pretty comfy here, just waiting for the quests I play to update.

Holy fuck some of the threads here are trash though hot damn
>>
Audit quest was really good.
>>
>>161631
Because Larro is a damned genius at quests. Art is amazingly cutesy, he knows just how much he can railroad without getting called out, knows how much mechanics he can stuff in without it being overbearing for newbies.
>>
>>161631
>>161635
It was good. For a drawquest...
>>
>>160505
There used to be, in the /wst/ pastebins.

Oh, nevermind, those were lost in the antismutfag purge by the /tg/ board police.
>>
>>161519
If you didn't read his quest, how the hell do you know its shit?

I know several good writers who aren't getting players on here. There's a little more to it than "all quests are shit because I say they are without actual evidence".
>>
>>161747
>I know several good writers who aren't getting players on here.
Name 5.
>>
>>161749
Vox, XQuestmistress, Planefag (premeltdown), Merc, and King of All Nights Dreaming.

All five of these writers are considered at least technically good at writing, all of them had strong /tg/ playerbase, and all 5 have less than a third of the voters they usually do here than they do in /tg/ consistently - and pointint out the number of unique visitors to a thread doesn't count as a player base, since some of thsoe are merely onlookers. Their voting base is in the pits, and these are people with strongfollwings on /tg/ who claimed they were good writers there, yet aren't here.

Of course, your opinion one what constitutes a good writer is most likely going to be pretty different from the players, but opinions are what you were asking for.
>>
>>161631
>>161635

Larro is godlike. I already have like 35 posts in that quest alone.
>>
File: 1264394851475.jpg (66KB, 600x476px)
1264394851475.jpg
66KB, 600x476px
>>161761
>Planefag
Oh, you mean the guy who ran a thread here that has unique IP's and 656 replies? Gosh, I guess you're right. He really didn't get ANY players.

Good job failing the one thing I asked of you. Kov's quest is shit, that's why it's dead.
>>
>>161772
100+ unique IP's*
>>
>>161772
Considering on /tg/ he gets three times that number...yeah, I think it's safe to say he lost a significant number of players.

But hey. if you think the board is fine, I'm sure your master's opinion of what constitutes good writing and live board is perfectly fine. Especially when you critique quests you don't actually read, oh omniscient knowing one.
>>
>>161781
Thank you for finally addressing me as you should and knowing your place below me, you with plebeian taste and a peasant's opinion.
>>
>>161761
>Vox
He isn't good by any stretch of the imagination.
>Planefag
Yume Nikki Quest is the only good thing he ever ran.
>Merc
He's been rehashing the same shit over and over with every Quest and both his tone and characters don't place him far above Schteel's American Sitcom-esque quests.
>>
>>161527
>You are also getting way to mad about a quest. Let me repeat that, a QUEST.
Clearly you're not a QM. If you're not getting upset over your creative enterprise, whether or not you show it, then better fuck off, because you're full of shit.
>>
>>161822
No, he's a typical blowhard who knows everything there is to know about running and playing quests despite doing neither.
>>
>>161857
>No, he's a typical blowhard who knows everything there is to know about running and playing quests despite doing neither.
Except he said he had run a quest here with lots of players. Are you calling him a liar? Do you have any proof to prove him false or are you just a blowhard yourself?
>>
>>161864
I was referring to you, actually, I just didn't follow the thread back properly.

Though he's probably lying about his 'quest' as well.
>>
>>161867
>I just didn't follow the thread back properly.
Then you should stop replying right now. You look pretty stupid trying to get in on a discussion you haven't even checked the reply chain on.
>Though he's probably lying about his 'quest' as well.
Again, do you have any proof or is he just 'lying' based on the fact that he disagrees with your baseless opinion?
>>
>>161873
We have exactly his word that he did run a quest that got lots of players, just like we have your word that writing quality is the sole arbiter of how many players a quest gets. I'm calling him an unverified poster of non-proven facts, which is only a liar if he continues to not prove his claim.
>>
>>161880
And we have your word that I've never played in a quest nor run one. I'm calling you an unverified poster of non-proven facts. Prove your claim or you're a liar.

I can also play your shitposting game.
>>
>>161894
Except I can't prove his claim he ran a quest. He can. I can't prove you've never played in a quest. You can prove you did.

I'm not the one who made the claim that he ran in a quest, he did.

I'm not the one claiming that good writing is the sole arbiter of whether or not people get players, you did. There's plenty of badly written quests that got players, a fact I don't even have to prove - just look on the archives or through /qst/ to prove it for yourself.

I'm not the one who has to prove anything.
>>
>>161772
You're still butthurt? Damn it's been hours how much of a fag are you?
>>
You're like one of those hardcore pieces of shits.
>>
>>161917
>I'm not the one who has to prove anything.
The words of a liar. You tried and failed.

>>161918
I'm not as buttblasted as you were Kov. Is your quest still as dead as before? I'd imagine so.
>>
>>161923
Scratch that "were": You're as mad as ever.
>>
>>161925
Did you actually read and are you giving productive feed back? no? still having no proof you have QM'd at all?

The validity of you're words seem to be lack luster.

>>161928
Still a gay baby I see. Don't cry over me too much there buddy.
>>
>>161925
>you didn't prove it because I think they're shit writers and my opinion>yours.

At least I was honest in saying your opinion would differ from that of the players. Th sad part is, you're just avoiding the facts that Ive pointed out and making your agenda even more clear.
>>
>>161932
Hey man, It would be benefit for all parties if we would to ignore trolls. Feeding them only makes them come back. They work like stray cats. Probably smell like them too.
>>
>>161359
I'm absolutely ignoring the catalog at least. I actually missed a quest I was interested in for 3 days because of that.
>>
>>161937
It's no skin off my nose. I have empirical data I'm working off of. They're just making spurious claims and not backing them up. I just happen to be calling them out on their spurious claims.

I have nothing better to do for another half an hour.
>>
>>161932
>Th sad part is, you're just avoiding the facts that Ive pointed out and making your agenda even more clear.
So exactly what you are doing? I said I'd play the same shitposting game as you are.

>>161930
I gave you productive feedback and you chose to ignore it. No one in their right mind would give advice to someone who refuse to listen.
>gay baby
Cried the mad manchild.
>>
>>161635
Larro is great at 90% of questing but I'm not so impressed by his endings (or lack of them).
>>
>>161945
I'm not shitposting. I'm asking for you and the other fellow to prove you've actually written quests or to actually read quests you try and give feedback for, rather than claiming "I know what's wrong with your quest without ever having read it."

I have no agenda other tan to make you back up your own claims as well as trying to make me back up mine. Only one of us has actually tried to do so, and it isn't either of you.

Not that you can actually see the point.
>>
>>161945
>productive feedback
You're delusions are getting to you again. I wonder if you even read over what words we exchanged earlier. One may come to conclusion that you did not give any actual feedback only that it is 'shit' which is not productive nor feedback.

Try again there buddy.

>>161952
>shitposting
>>161945
>shitposting game
Is the thing trying to accuse another of shitposting yet sits all throughout the night whining and bitching.
>>
File: 1461807124066.png (106KB, 500x674px)
1461807124066.png
106KB, 500x674px
What matters most in a quest is accessibility. Starting a quest with text walls, even if very well written text walls, won't get you players. Starting a quest with boring ass images won't get you players. And without a decent amount of players, your quest takes a hit because of the general lonely, ghetto atmosphere to it, even if it's actually a masterpiece. So it doesn't matter how highly you or your players think of your quest if it's just 5 of you. If your quest is unpopular, it's really apparent to those checking the thread and it discourages people who show a middling interest in your thread; when they see that your thread has been up for 2 days but with less than a hundred posts, they don't want to get involved in that. So it's like a vicious cycle. You need players to get more players. Also, if you only have two or four players, you're fucked if they split their votes for two different options, causing indefinite stalemates because new people simply won't join if it's past thread 1. That shits on your quest, too. The amount of players you have is important to your quest, though at the same time, it's not a testament to the quality of the content your quest produces, written or otherwise.

Cute pictures, light content, as well as familiar content (like the setting being that of a very popular anime) get the most people hooked because it's easy to get into. It's only worth ramping up the volume of your quest's content once you have a decent playerbase that trusts you to be entertaining.

It's annoying, but that's simply how it is. Popularity is important, and instead of jerking yourself off about your writing, focus on drawing in as many people as you can with the first few threads. Trust me, you and your players will be grateful for it once you do get serious and start making the content you intended to make in the first place.
>>
I came here to shill my spaceship battle skirmish. Join it anons!

>>>/tg/47367029
>>>/tg/47367029
>>>/tg/47367029
>>
QUESTDRONE LIVES!
>>
>>161873
>You look pretty stupid trying to get in on a discussion you haven't even checked the reply chain on
yeah, /qsg/ is for seasoned NEET shitposters only.

>>161960
>Also, if you only have two or four players, you're fucked if they split their votes for two different options, causing indefinite stalemates
toss a dice+1d2 and move on.
>>
>>161989
>>161957

And notice how he actually has no comeback at all for the fact that I tried to prove my point, neither of them tried to prove theirs.

That's proving them as liars.
>>
File: 1460659426251.png (186KB, 298x423px)
1460659426251.png
186KB, 298x423px
>>161989
>toss a dice+1d2 and move on.
This is really not something that makes people want to vote more. If you're deciding everything with dice, you might as well play on your own.

Of course, rolling for tie splitters happens in big quests too, but it's by no means a frequent or consistent occasion. The less players you have, the more likely it is to happen. With two and four players, it'll be consistent and frequent. So, again, popularity is important not just for the QM, but for the players too.

At one point I didn't mind running my quest even for just one person, but I didn't take that hypothetical person's feelings into account. Not only would something like that be weird, but also depressing.
>>
File: what a shame.png (1MB, 1326x1079px)
what a shame.png
1MB, 1326x1079px
>>162011
>Not only would something like that be weird, but also depressing.

Like a birthday party with your cat.
I know the feeling.
>>
>>158402
>Look at the previous /qsg/. It's on page 8, and has been on page 8 for two days even with autosage. There's no movement on the board to push it off page 10.
>conveniently ignore the much much higher bump limit and the fact that quest content only will naturally have a lower thread turnover

please kill yourself
>>
>>161781
>Considering on /tg/ he gets three times that number

The fuck he does. 100 unique IP's are typical for his threads and have been for a while. What HAS gone down is the number of votes in a thread - gee, maybe that has something to do with the unique IPs cutting down on the rampant fucking votespam we all know people indulge in?

Also, I've noticed that certain votes get more voters than others. If you think your quest is lacking for votes, fucking throw them a waifufag routelock vote and watch'em pour in.

>>161818
>Yume Nikki Quest is the only good thing he ever ran.

And it got few voters and a lot of them knew who he was via IRC anyway. Pandering shit draws in more people than anything else, sempai. Ever heard of Twilight?
>>
>>161818
>>Vox
>He isn't good by any stretch of the imagination.
the dudes going into professional writing, that has to count for something when not dealing with fan-baiting
>>
>>162146
Its a bummer that pandering is so effective, especially the waifu bait variety.
>>
>>162218

He's also an absolute madman, but that's besides the point
>>
>>151224
Discord shitmod please kill yourself.
>>
>QM Q
Yeah, the Questers here are while varied, pretty level-headed and it's enjoyable.
>Player Q
The ones I visit, yeah. Enough to keep me coming back when they pop up.
>Every Q
The wording here is odd, but I think /qst/ is actually a good board.
>>
Hey, anyone know if Nerd Quest has had a thread since >>120634 or is it dead now?
>>
>>161818
As always, I'm taking feedback if you have some to provide.
>>
>>162146
>And it got few voters and a lot of them knew who he was via IRC anyway.
That's fine. Quests with huge fanbases are fucking horrible.
>>
>>162364
And quests without some kind of player conversation are a chore for the QM.
>>
>>162218
In fairness, Cassandra Claire is a "professional" writer. Publication doesn't indicate quality.
>>
>>162020
The Snappening is somehow still funny.
>>
>>162367
Huge amounts of players leads to circlejerking and shitposting, not conversation. Ten-fifteen is the optimum amount for most Quests and will lead to plenty of conversation provided there's something in the Quest that's worth discussing.
>>
>>162370
And she fits under fan-baiting
>>
>>162367
As long as there's regular activity, it's absolutely true that more = worse though.

For example I loved Hero Quest Rena, but it got fucking unbearable eventually due to all the posters. I had fun with MGNQ but again it had a terrible playerbase. Princess Guard's players were awful, etc, etc. Every single big quest I've liked or read has inevitably had complete trash playerbase. You see the same thing on Anonkun where the more players are around the more likely drama, shitflinging and QM ragequits get.

More = better up until a certain point, from my experience anywhere from ~25 to ~50 players depending on how harmonious the quest is and how big decisions are (i.e. does it have waifu wars and/or votes with potentially deadly outcomes). Lower stakes = more players is okay, but as Hero Quest showed it inevitably descends into shit no matter what if you keep adding players.

It's why I feel certain that I'm soon gonna hate Audit Quest too even though it's been fun so far.
>>
>>162511
You have astoundingly shit taste.
>>
Is it bad to add a cliffnote to your OP?
I understand like "highest roll 20 gets choice" or "popular vote gets it"
Can you add "pornography/shitpost/futanari posts will be ignored"?
>>
>>161761
>Vox, XQuestmistress, Planefag (premeltdown), Merc, and King of All Nights Dreaming.

All right, going down the list.

>Vox

Insular fanbase that is already anti-qst, weren't following him to the new board, have practically threatend him to not move despite him wanting to. And he was running a short, unrelated story for essentially a group of people who have no reason to suck his dick unlike his hugvox

>XQuestmistress

the chick running the super lesbians? Yeah, I don't know who likes her quest on /tg/, but I'm guessing this board has a lot less sexual deviants and fetishists. I'm sure plenty of /tg/ goers follow her quest because they like aggressive yuri. Not everybody is here to get their kicks off of lesbians

>Planefag

His thread did fucking fine on /qst/. fuck off

>Merc

Merc has gotten lame now.

>King of All Night's Dreaming

Literally, who?

Soma and the person running hellborn have all run successful quests. And it isn't like Vox, Planefag or Merc were unable to run their quests.

Boohoo, they lost a few players, I'm sure some of which refuse to move purposefully to convince these qms not to leave in protest so as to make this board fail.
>>
>>162572
The problem I see is not with old quests with established fanbases, but the new ones popping up here from QMs who don't have a previous following. I mean, yeah, the guy who pens Jara does amazingly well, even by /tg/ standards, but you can count on one hand, if that, the quests that lift themselves from the 3 replies in as many hours.

That does not a board make.
>>
>>161761
You're right, but good luck getting the shill faggots to admit it.

Quests here have been floundering since inception of the board.
>>
>>162572
>a big post of "I don't like it so it must be shit"

Why are you guys such faggots? Seriously.
The ONLY response anyone ever has to 'Here are some QMs that did just fine in /tg/ who are now suffering here' is "Well those quests are shit anyway and deserve to die!"

Holy shit.

This is why no one should bother giving you faggots examples. Literally no example or case study would be good enough for you. To you, all quests are shit and there's no reason for anyone to like them.

Meanwhile, qst STILL hasn't managed to home-grow their own quest series that is even 1/5th as popular as any of the quests those people have written. And the board is filled with dead/dying quests.
>>
>>162632
>hasn't managed to home-grow their own quest series that is even 1/5th as popular as any of the quests those people have written.

Fuck you, Legend of Peter T. Titmouse is popular as fuck.
>>
>>161772

Okay, then where's /qst/'s equivalent that was started here, and only here, played with as many people, and manages to do just fine until this day?

It's almost like this board isn't conducive to fostering new, fledgling quests which have multiple parts or something.
>>
>>162639
>Fuck you, Legend of Peter T. Titmouse is popular as fuck.

And yet it STILL only got 1/5th the playerbase as an average Planefag thread in /tg/.

I guess 'popular as fuck' is relative when you're playing in a graveyard.

Until a single one of /qst/'s threads manages to have the speed, activity, and playerbase of a single Larro thread; you have no argument. Fuck off.
>>
>>162645
>And yet it STILL only got 1/5th the playerbase as an average Planefag thread in /tg/.

101 individual ips is 1/5th of planefag's usual numbers?

So I guess planefag had 500 individual ips in his thread?

Does anybody really need 500 ips in their thread?
>>
>>162645
>tfw all my favorite quests have <10 players active at the same time
>>
>>162649
>101 individual ips is 1/5th of planefag's usual numbers?

I'm glad you never played in a planefag quest before, because you look rather stupid right now. Planefag quests would typically get 200-300 unique posters. 1/3rd a super-popular quest on /tg/ being your most popular product should be embarrassing.

Larro quests used to get even more. Hero Quest's finale had 600+ unique IPs in it.

This isn't even counting activity and speed. Titmouse thread lasted for multiple days, likely had repeat posters from static IPs, and had no where near the activity of even an average MGNQ thread on /tg/.

>Does anybody really need 500 ips in their thread?
That's right, Mr. Fox. Keep swearing at those grapes. I'm sure they were for faggots anyway.
>>
>>162660
It is a good feel.
>>
>>162660
>>162665
What if some quests were meant to have a faster posting rate than others?

What if some people don't want to have to skim from the same playerbase of a few dozen people who browse this board?

Fighting for the attention of a very tiny group of players, of which are only going to participate in a few quests at a time, seems like a special kind of hell, no?
>>
>>162662
>1/3rd a super-popular quest on /tg/ being your most popular product should be embarrassing.

Well I'm glad I was able to negotiate you from 1/5th to 1/3rd, possibly even 1/2 if we're near the low end of that 100 unique poster gap.
>>
>>162672
>few dozen people who browse this board
The quests I was talking about all originated from /tg/ actually.
>>
>>162675
>Well I'm glad I was able to negotiate you from 1/5th to 1/3rd

No you didn't. Because look:

>Larro quests used to get even more. Hero Quest's finale had 600+ unique IPs in it.

1/5th a super-popular quest still. Your most popular product is still 1/5th as popular as a single thread from a long-running /tg/ series.

No no, keep backflipping mentally. I'm sure you can make them equal the same if you keep sliding numbers around.

>>162680
-And they're still competing with the few dozen people who still browse this board.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but immigrant threads have been floundering. When people who were getting 200 posters per thread are only getting a quarter over here, something is seriously wrong.
>>
>>162692
>No no, keep backflipping mentally.

You're the one who keeps shifting goalposts.

NOBODY HAS WRITTEN ANYTHING 1/5th AS POPULAR OF ANY OF THESE FIVE WRITERS.

Well, sir, here's this thing definitely more than 1/5th.

WELL IT'S 1/5th of PLANEFAG.

Actually, I doubt that. Thank you for later going on to admit you were utilizing hyperbole.

WELL IT'S 1/5 of literally who cares and who gives a shit. I've never heard of Larro or Hero Quest and I doubt they're recent.

Questing has been on a downward trend in popularity for a while.
>>
>>162699
>Questing has been on a downward trend in popularity for a while.
And thus opening this board was necessary?
>>
>>162699
Good thing we got /qst/ out of this downward trend. Now things can start becoming popular again.

Eh heh heh heh.
>>
>>162703
>>162705

Necessary? Holy shit no. I was never arguing that. There was no reason for this board.

But this whole, boohoo, beware the dead board no QM gets players is fucking hogwash. We've split the community and now people are doomsaying /qst/ when it's legitimately introduced me to some interesting shit that /tg/ has not.

It's an experience boys.
>>
>>162699
>You're the one who keeps shifting goalposts.

You didn't even hit the first goalpost to begin with.

>NOBODY HAS WRITTEN ANYTHING 1/5th AS POPULAR OF ANY OF THESE FIVE WRITERS.

Exactly. Nobody has written anything 1/5th as popular as most of those writers. Your best counterpoint is a single thread which got 100 posters. Meanwhile, all those writers managed to keep something wildly popular for multiple threads that lasted for months.

Why can't you?

Why can't /qst/ handle a single quest that can even approach those numbers which has multiple threads and runs regularly?

> I've never heard of Larro or Hero Quest and I doubt they're recent.
Hey, no shit. I didn't think a newfag would even understand or comprehend why this is a bad thing.

Also Larro's last thread was maybe six months ago. How new are you, friend?

Of course some newfag that comes in, doesn't know any of the popular quests, and then claims

"WELL QUESTS HAVE BEEN GETTING LESS POPULAR FOR A WHILE!"

like you would fucking know. You already admitted that you must be less than a few months to the place. How would you know how popular quests are?

All you're doing is admitting that you're a hypocrite and are making strawmen. Maybe a little bit of a liar as well.
>>
When /qst/ dies, the rats that follow the big quests will infuriate all the anti-quet fags as /tg/ gets flooded with near dead quests
>>
>>162723
It will be glorious.
>>
>>162713
>But this whole, boohoo, beware the dead board no QM gets players is fucking hogwash.

Except, you can compare numerically and see that it's true.
Again, like you would fucking know to begin with. You clearly haven't been following for more than a year if you don't even know who Larro is.

That's like saying you don't know who Archelon is, but you're a huge connoisseur of quests and know the history quite well.
>>
>>162722
>You didn't even hit the first goalpost to begin with.

Yeah I fucking did retard.

You don't get to post a shitty claim and then pretend I didn't disprove it.

>hasn't managed to home-grow their own quest series that is even 1/5th as popular as any of the quests those people have written.

And then I pointed out a thread with over 100 unique ips, which actually surpasses a few of those QMs IIRC. And it's only on its sixth thread and I don't think it's popularity will be waning anytime soon.

>Maybe a little bit of a liar as well.

Only person lying in this conversation is you, fucko.

I type what I mean.
>>
Why there are still quest in /tg/?
>>
>>162743
Still getting your posts deleted from telling them to go to /qst/?
>>
>>162743
The simple answer is that /qst/ is a trial board and mods are still enforcing that /tg/ is a place where quests are allowed, and so in the meantime between whenever a decision is reached and then enforced we have two questing boards; /tg/ & /qst/.
>>
>>162748
This is the first time I post here.
>>
>>162737
>And then I pointed out a thread with over 100 unique ips, which actually surpasses a few of those QMs IIRC. And it's only on its sixth thread and I don't think it's popularity will be waning anytime soon.
It's a thread with three days before autosage, a 750 bump limit, on a dead board. You can't blindly compare the IP count without taking those factors into account. /tg/ is faster by miles, and has a bump limit of 500. Please.
>>
>>162763
I thought the bump limit on /tg/ was still 310.
>>
>>162737
>You don't get to post a shitty claim and then pretend I didn't disprove it.
Except- you didn't. Go on, find the consistently running /qst/ quest which gets 1/5th of any of those other QMs

Go on, I'll wait.

>And it's only on its sixth thread and I don't think it's popularity will be waning anytime soon.

Lel

Clearly you don't know jack shit about quests if you think this. The honeymoon period ends at thread 10.

>Only person lying in this conversation is you, fucko.

okay, let's play 'let's spot the lies' then.

>>162699
>I've never heard of Larro or Hero Quest and I doubt they're recent.

Lie #1

>Legend of Peter T. Titmouse is popular as fuck.
Lie #2

>>162572
>Literally, who?
>His thread did fucking fine on /qst/. fuck off

Lie #3

That's three blatant lies just from going and picking them out from your posts. Lies that are born from you clearly not even being that familiar with quests to begin with.

"Pants on fire" wouldn't even describe your posts at this point.

Before you make any more retarded lies, maybe you should research the things you talk about first. Popular quests getting fractions of their playerbase is cause for alarm, and you pitch a fit, moan and squeal about how they're shit quests all you want. That isn't going to make people adopt the board.
>>
>>162763
And again, he won't even address that quest isn't even particularly active. Just people posting once every few minutes.

Compare to planefag or Merc whose threads have 3-5 posts every twenty seconds.
>>
>>162765
Oh yeah, true. 500 is for /a/. Further compounds my argument, then.
>>
>>162776
>>
>>162766

Most people, except you I guess, concur with this statement. It's one of the biggest arguments for why /qst/ shouldn't have been made.

>I've never heard of Larro or Hero Quest and I doubt they're recent.

>doubt.

Also if his last thread was six months ago that is arguably not recent.

>Legend of Peter T. Titmouse is popular as fuck
Over 100 ips, tons of fanart already, 'popular as fuck' is not an exact measurement, you can't seriously claim this as a lie.

>Literally, who?

This isn't a lie because he had tons of players. Alright, made it wasn't 'fucking fine' in terms of content and all the shitposting and arguing, but we were clearly referring to planefag being some poor QM who lost all his players when that clearly didn't happen.

All your examples of lies are obviously not lies.

And again, I'll post this once more before dropping this.

>Go on, find the consistently running /qst/ quest which gets 1/5th of any of those other QMs

Alright, Legend of Peter T. Titmouse is consistently running. You don't believe me? Fuck you, Questy is a tried and true QM and when he starts a project he finishes it. It is consistently run and it will finish.

1/5th of ANY of those other QMs?

Vox is one of those other QMs. He has a thread up fucking constantly for days and I don't think he's ever broken 100 unique IPs. Vox, correct me if I'm wrong here. And even if somehow he did, I know for fucking sure he didn't reach 500 ips.

So yeah, fuck you. You're wrong. I disproved your shitty claim. I definitely haven't lied once you buzzword-obsessed rat bastard.
>>
>>162794
>Most people
>MOST PEOPLE

Find 'most people', have them testify in this thread.

Because right now, people only generally agree with this in the sense that /qst/ is getting staler and more dead.

Quests were still getting tons of unique posters on /tg/.

>Also if his last thread was six months ago that is arguably not recent.
Yes, it was. You're a newfag and are trying to cover for yourself now. Six months is not long enough to be making a definitive statement about quests.

If I went to any major board and said "I'm an expert on your history, I've been reading it for six months!" They would rightfully call me a faggot. Six months isn't that long ago, most of the people from then haven't left or gone anywhere. They just aren't browsing quests anymore, because we're in this shithole.

>All your examples of lies are obviously not lies.
Oh boy! Now you're going to backflip on the definition of a lie now!

>Lie
>an intentionally false statement.

Such as:

>Fuck you, Questy is a tried and true QM and when he starts a project he finishes it.
Based on your <6 months experience.

>Vox is one of those other QMs. He has a thread up fucking constantly for days and I don't think he's ever broken 100 unique IPs.
Because he's in this shithole.

You're not doing a very good job countering any of my arguments. I'm more inclined to believe that you're making shit up because you're more offended that your lack of experience was found out by the thread.
>>
>>162794
Oh and:

>So yeah, fuck you. You're wrong. I disproved your shitty claim. I definitely haven't lied once you buzzword-obsessed rat bastard.

Okay, let me find another lie for you:

>But this whole, boohoo, beware the dead board no QM gets players is fucking hogwash. We've split the community and now people are doomsaying /qst/ when it's legitimately introduced me to some interesting shit that /tg/ has not.
>It's an experience boys.

There's a whomper right there. Leave it to someone who doesn't know the major QMs from six months ago to lecture us on experience.
>>
>>162816

It did.

>Fuck you, Questy is a tried and true QM and when he starts a project he finishes it.

This isn't a lie.

>Because he's in this shithole.

No he isn't. He never left /tg/, except for one sidequest.

>It's an experience boys.

Literally the thing that is least likely to be a lie in the universe. Everything is arguably an experience.

You keep saying I'm lying and pointing to things that aren't lies.

Either you're retarded or lying, take your pick.
>>
>>162839
It's always possible that you're just shit at communicating. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
>>162839
>It did.
Okay, to be fair, I won't consider this a lie, I'll consider it 'denying reality'.

If your best response is 'Getting a quarter of your playerbase' is doing 'OK', then you need to stop and think about what you just said.

>No he isn't. He never left /tg/, except for one sidequest.

In which he got 1/5th the players he has now.

>Literally the thing that is least likely to be a lie in the universe. Everything is arguably an experience.
So you're just a newfag? Well that's granted. But I would say this is a pretty big lie:

>>162731
>>But this whole, boohoo, beware the dead board no QM gets players is fucking hogwash

When, again and again and again, people are showing you QMs who have migrated that promptly got their playerbase cut, quests that are here are nearly no where as popular as their /tg/ counterparts, and your constant flaunting of quests getting less active when the major QMs of /tg/ still manage to pull in many times more players than even the most popular quest here; then maybe you aren't lying to me but you're sure as fuck lying to yourself.

At least realize how silly you must sound insisting that there is nothing wrong with running a quest here when it's numerically proven that there is a huge problem.
>>
>>162851
>'Getting a quarter of your playerbase'

He got much more than a fucking quarter.

>In which he got 1/5th the players he has now.

Much less actually, because his players didn't want to encourage him to move. Since one of the QMs you're saying is suffering actually hasn't migrated and maybe that sort of fucks up the data a bit, y'know?

>insisting that there is nothing wrong with running a quest here

I'll actually insist you don't forcibly shove these words into my mouth.

I am glad however you've finally admitted your shitty claim was disproven and that you're begrudgingly giving up the whole "you're a liar" argument even if you feel you have to keep snapping at me to preserve your pride.
>>
>>144718
>>150505
Is the OP of this quest lurking here? I really liked your style and I don't want you to feel like players are never willing to cooperate with the narrative.
>>
>>162870
>I am glad however you've finally admitted your shitty claim was disproven and that you're begrudgingly giving up the whole "you're a liar" argument even if you feel you have to keep snapping at me to preserve your pride.
Literal cancer. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>162882
Your post was literally "Look at my amazing ability to give a fuck about one irrelevant part of the other guy's argument." Get the fuck >>>/out/ or KYS.
>>
>>162886
>one irrelevant part

two irrelevant parts

The first claim which I called out as bullshit and is the originator of this whole debacle.

And the later part where he started calling me a liar.
>>
>>162891
Don't respond to irrelevant shit. Are you the same anon that tried to bring unfunny /pol/shit into this thread? You sound like cancer incarnate so far.
>>
>>162898
>>162891
Girls, girls. No need to fight. You're both autistic.
>>
>>162898
I hope Supreme God Overlord Trump gets rid of your kind when he ascends.
>>
>>162870
>He got much more than a fucking quarter.

As someone who plays planefag quests, no; he really didn't. A quarter is probably even a little generous.

>I am glad however you've finally admitted your shitty claim was disproven and that you're begrudgingly giving up the whole "you're a liar" argument even if you feel you have to keep snapping at me to preserve your pride.
Where did he say he gave it up.. it's more like you didn't bother owning up to it. Because those claims you made are really big exaggerations or outright lies.

not really involved in this shitfest you two are doing. I just find it weird that you didn't answer to why you made those claims if you didn't think they were true.
>>
>>162904
>Because those claims you made are really big exaggerations or outright lies.

Which ones?

That planefag's quest did alright?

Because everything else I've posted has been rock solid so far, except for the 1/4 shit I guess.
>>
>>162911
>Because everything else I've posted has been rock solid so far, except for the 1/4 shit I guess.

I don't know, you didn't really disprove any of his points. Instead waving the 'I win! I win!' flag over and over again.
Like for one, you make an awful lot of claims about quests without really having experience with them. How long have you been reading quests? Because it couldn't have been that long if you think Larro is a 'literally who'.

I got involved with planefag from a strike witches thread on /a/. And even I know who Larro is.
>>
>>162901
Then go make a fucking quest about it and stop shitposting. We live in a fantasy board; you get to make shit up here.
>>
>>162923
>I don't know, you didn't really disprove any of his points.

He started making points about arguments and discussions I wasn't having with him. I don't have to engage extraneous shit just because he brought it up.

>How long have you been reading quests?

About two years ago.
>>
>>162926
>Trump's ascension
>Fictional

I'll look for your name when the purges begin.
>>
>>162935
>He started making points about arguments and discussions I wasn't having with him. I don't have to engage extraneous shit just because he brought it up.
Then why did you ignore the main point of his post?

>When, again and again and again, people are showing you QMs who have migrated that promptly got their playerbase cut, quests that are here are nearly no where as popular as their /tg/ counterparts, and your constant flaunting of quests getting less active when the major QMs of /tg/ still manage to pull in many times more players than even the most popular quest here; then maybe you aren't lying to me but you're sure as fuck lying to yourself.
Because you just kind of ignored it and started claiming you won. That seemed to be the issue from the beginning: How can you claim anything about the major quests when A) You seemingly don't know much about the major quests to begin with, you don't read them, and you think most of them are shit and B) It's been proven that, numerically, quests just aren't as popular here. Threads last for days, activity grinds to a halt, and really only a few eye-catchers ever pick up.

I'm more inclined to believe that you're a liar, like he claimed, than buying your awkwardly ignoring this point and saying "I win! I win!" over and over again.
>>
>>162948
You can always discard someone who's trying to win. Winning is anti-constructive to any discourse.
>>
>>162981
I'm just offended that he goes and shit-talks planefag, who isn't the best, but he doesn't come into /qtg/ and spew retarded shit like

>Our most popular quest isn't 1/5th the popularity of planefag, it's only 1/3rd as popular! Ha! What a faggot! <Proceeds to spew more lies about quests he doesn't read>

I mean, look at the fuck ego on that guy.

>>162984
>Because it had nothing to do with what I was saying.

???

>>162572
Then what is all this shit about then? This entire post of lie-spewing, vitriol toward quests you don't read, QMs you know nothing about, and shit-smearing which just boils down to

>I'm too new to know who half of those people are.

>I called out his 1/5th bullshit
But you completely ignored the main point of the argument that everyone presented well-written counterpoints on.

>If you start an argument with a different version of me than the real one then, whoops, I'm sorry when I don't line up.
Then why did you change arguments midway through and then act as if you never were arguing that in the first place?

This is why I can't see your argument at all. It just magically changed from 'Well those quests were shit anyway, that's why they got less players' to 'WELL TECHNICALLY, OUR QUESTS HERE DON'T GET A 1/5th LESS, THEY ONLY GET 1/3rd LESS. THAT'S WAY DIFFERENT. YOU SEE. I AM TECHNICALLY RIGHT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE IGNORED THE MAIN POINT OF THE ARGUMENT AND I'VE WON'.

How do you seriously expect anyone to not call you a liar after doing that?
>>
File: 1452961595259.jpg (163KB, 850x905px)
1452961595259.jpg
163KB, 850x905px
>Lies
>Claim
>Proof
>Hurr durr
When did this thread spiral into a shitposting pseudo highschool trial for autists?
>>
>>163000
I mean, I'm an unrelating newfag, but at least I act like it. Pretending to be an oldfag is just disgusting.
>>
>>162984
Anyway, I would wait around for the next post you'll inevitably make, but I have somewhere to be. Really, just knowing that you want to shit-talk planefag while not knowing who Larro is (he's the second most popular QM in /tg/ ever, if you don't know. I don't know how you can be around for two years and not know that considering that his quests would eat up every single quest player on the board. Consistently reaching autosage over numerous threads) pretty much seals in my mind, 1/5th or not, that you're an idiot who doesn't know what he's saying.
Do some research next time before you spout off in /qtg/.
>>
>>163020
At exactly this moment: >>151224
>Did you think that board is
>useful or could have only /tg/?
It was bait ever since and the worst kinds of people showed up just to shitpost about it. I didn't want to be bitch about the rules or anything, but that one line technically made this a meta thread. I generally tend to think it's best for mods to delete posts within a thread rather than the thread itself, but in this case the thread should probably have been deleted while the old /qsg/ was still up.
>>
>>163051
>I follow planefag vag

lol, meant to say vaguely
>>
we are back with the Vessel of Ash

>>163046
>>163046
>>163046
>>
>>163039
Wasn't thread deletion disabled for a while back when the board first went up? Something about either a mod or an OP deleting a thread and some kind of shitfest making it so threads would not get deleted for a time?
>>
>>163056
>vaguely
Nobody cares what you follow or don't. Or if you're a liar or not. They only care if you're going to keep shitposting. Don't, and the problem vanishes.
>>163061
I wouldn't know; am newfag.
>>
>>163061
A qm made a quest thread and apparently it got deleted by the mods and shitstorm ensued in the feedback thread for a while.
>>
>>163051
>There is not a single fucking lie in that post and you know it. Other than "planefag did fine" which is what it looked like to me
>Except the lie I made, there are no lies in this post.

>And this lie too:
>the chick running the super lesbians? Yeah, I don't know who likes her quest on /tg/, but I'm guessing this board has a lot less sexual deviants and fetishists. I'm sure plenty of /tg/ goers follow her quest because they like aggressive yuri. Not everybody is here to get their kicks off of lesbians

>And this lie too:
>Merc has gotten lame now.

>And this burst of inexperience, too:
>Literally, who?

Again. You shouldn't be arguing this because it's clear you don't know what you're talking about.

Saying this board has a lot less sexual deviants than /tg/, for one, is an outright fabrication that you can easily disprove by looking at the catalog right now.

It's more of why you shouldn't be commenting on these things: You're either outright wrong or are intentionally being misleading.

>I follow planefag vaguely

How can you even say this, for one, if; with the same breath, you say:

>Planefag

When all his players, and even himself, say that he did much worse. The atmosphere was different and the pace was snail-like.

Normally I would say that this is just my opinion, but you've had 3-4 separate people now tell you this same thing exactly about other QMs you've commented on. All of which turned out to be either false, or an extreme misconstruing of facts.

Considering that those other people seem to have more experience with Vox's quests, XS' quests, or Merc; I'm more inclined to believe that they're right, and you're wrong. Brushing them aside so you can repeat the same thing over and over again just makes you look dishonest.

Really, that's why I responded to you in the first place.
>>
>>163108
>That's why I used the word "vaguely". Haven't heard any of that until now.

Oh.
Well, again, next time do some research on these things before you claim something to be fact and then have to backtrack on it later.

>Merc has gotten lame now isn't a lie. It's an opinion.
Then don't present it as fact. Again, your post is one big block of 'Well I think these things suck, so that's why they did poorly'.

>Completely fucking wrong. Nobody has come out who has had more experience with Vox's quest than me so far.

Vox posted in this very thread.
>>
>>163127
> He hasn't contradicted anything I've said. I meant nobody has come out to disagree with me who has had more experience with Vox's quest

How do you know that, though? Again, you've shown your inexperience numerous times through this thread, so how do you know the other people you've been arguing with aren't more versed than you?

Again, this is you making assumptions and posting it as fact. Then you proceed to claim 'I'm right I'm right I'm right' when someone points out that this is clearly something that is either your opinion, blatantly wrong, or unprovable.

>I didn't present it as fact.

You presented this entire post as fact: >>162572
Get over yourself. You presented it as a counterargument to people saying that pre-established quests coming here have become less popular.

THEN you added this to the end:

>Boohoo, they lost a few players, I'm sure some of which refuse to move purposefully to convince these qms not to leave in protest so as to make this board fail.

Are you going to backtrack on that too? Because at this point you should.

This back and forth thing is keeping me from going out, so try to get to whatever point you're trying to make or stop responding.
>>
File: 1463549966201.jpg (363KB, 934x1200px)
1463549966201.jpg
363KB, 934x1200px
Quests need more lolis.

Lolis will make /qst/ great!
>>
I didn't notice any measurable drop in quality or in number of players. I think, to some extent, if you go into this assuming the board is horrendous and everything is going to be awful you're gonna have a bad time. It's certainly the case that I don't find writing as easy or pleasant as usual when I'm pissed off/irritated/whatever. I can only assume the case is the same for most folks.

Then again my quest is pretty shitposty to begin with and I'm a well established QM, so maybe I'm not the best metric to judge by.
>>
There is still no Breaker quest on /qst/.

This makes /qst/ shit.
>>
just ban quests on /tg/ and all the buttmad nerds will come here.

Or don't, I didn't even know quests were a regular thing since the only ones I ever saw were on /v/ and they were rare.

I like this board, I get that /tg/ has more discussion and everything but its easy to follow all your quests here and they are fresh too. The quests on /tg/ seem to have been running for a really long time already.
>>
>>163177
>No I didn't.
Yes, you fucking did: >>162572
>Soma and the person running hellborn have all run successful quests. And it isn't like Vox, Planefag or Merc were unable to run their quests.
>Boohoo, they lost a few players, I'm sure some of which refuse to move purposefully to convince these qms not to leave in protest so as to make this board fail.

This entire post was presented as a counterpoint. Don't even try saying it wasn't: We can clearly click that post and see that you were trying to counter someone who was making claims about the QMs

If it wasn't a counterpoint, you wouldn't have responded and added that to the end.

> but I was just rattling off my opinions of the last two.

If those were opinions, why did you present it as a counterpoint?

Again. You've been backed into another corner and have started to lie and swap goalposts around. I'm done. At this point you should at least realize why everyone thinks you're a hypocrite if not a huge liar.
>>
>>163169
Oy Soma, life quest when?
>>
>>163195
Not sure. Next time I run will probably be Monday or Tuesday, and that will almost certainly be Banished. Life Quest... I've been sort of craving that modern fantasy vibe, so keep an eye out.
>>
>>163201
squee~!
>>
>>163201
how do you exactly run a "life quest" ?
>>
>>163207
I've been running Life Quest as a side project for a while, actually. You can find the archives here:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Oneshot

I made the mistake of giving it a really generic name. There's ten threads so far.
>>
>>163221
You're a cute anime loli zombie.
>Wat do
>>
>>163221
The joke is the MC dies in the first thread.
>>
>>163196
>And >>163169 clearly I was right about one thing.

>I was right about one thing, so clearly I can pull all this shit from my ass and it's okay

This is why people are pissy with you.
>>
>>161426

The first time I saw someone try to give feedback to a QM (it was Melancholic's QM I believe) some fag name Alcohol was basically trying to shut down the other guy. I have no idea how much that changed, but the Discord sounds like it's just hugbox 2.0 anyway. You could argue #QMC became a hugbox in itself too, which I'd agree with, but it just sounds like they need to get good with moderating.
>>
>>163237
There's been a lot of shitposting and shilling in the discord but no one has been banned or kicked for giving feedback.
>>
>>163237
Alcohol is Whiskey so assume that everything that comes out of his mouth is retarded.
>>
>>163286
It's just you and me anon, there's no one else around.
>>
>>163286
I think its time to step away from the computer friend.
>>
>>163300
Someone's mad they got banned.
;_;7 You had a good shitposting run.
>>
>>163196
>>163234
Well it's also only technically right, long-established QMs have twitters their followers can check and if you've participated in 220+ threads of something there's a good chance you'll participate wherever the QM moves it. Much similar things happened with everyone who went to tgchan for those particular types of drawquests when mods and /tg/ goers felt the board was getting infested. The quest itself has several months to years of precedence in participation, like most of the bigger quests migrating from /tg/, and it's unreasonable to expect bumbly new QMs to cross that sort of gap with weak unimaginative hooks and rubbery pastel writing styles that read like eating chalk scrapped off a piss soaked thesaurus.

Soma, for instance, takes pictures from the internet and describes them. Sometimes he photoshops character art of white people to make them browner so they fit the setting. That's high-level shit, mang. Compare that to quests that don't even have a header with their title on it.
Clearly, /qst/ quests just need a couple dozen gud QMs that can run good quests and stick to a schedule over the next several months to years. Then /qst/ can leave its trial state, carried on the best wings of budding imaginative original creative fantasy and fanfiction literary talents that 4chan has to offer.

Expecting anything less is delusional, and wrong.
>>
>>163325
>be me
>consider resetting router
>don't care enough for your shitposting
>>
File: regret.jpg (64KB, 566x456px) Image search: [Google]
regret.jpg
64KB, 566x456px
>>163367
>This guy though, makes some very good points and I agree with the thing's he's saying.
>>
Man it is really autistic in here, but I suppose it's better than being dead.
>>
File: 20.2.png (2MB, 960x1244px)
20.2.png
2MB, 960x1244px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/25-seekers/7nJaEpe86aer5Sn74
>>
>>163411
It does, in a strange sort of way. I was sarcastically suggesting a very unlikely possibility for the survival of /qst/. I also feel it's unreasonable for the board to be successful, based on how new QMs seem to have trouble finding their feet with a few exceptions. But, time is the provable measure of any persistence and successful QMs have always been a minority. I do think anyone that wants the board to survive will like the idea of having more consistent QMs and more players, and maybe fun quests too.
So I think at this point its a matter of patience and watching the result, since most of the related arguments are yet unproductive and were already ignored when the board itself was created.
>>
>>163460
That's why IDs are cancer on 4chan, they just confuses the newfags and turn normal people into shitty tripfags.
>>
>>163512
that is very funny
>>
File: tegaki.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
6KB, 400x400px
>All this arguing
I just wanted to have some fun and distract myself from my bleak life.
>>
>>163542
Let's worldbuild something great, together, anon.
>>
>>163542
>>163546
I second this motion. We'll have Waifus and brutality for everyone.
Is a collab quest a feasible thing? Cause I'd be down for that.
>>
File: 1463770311854[1].jpg (966KB, 1024x768px)
1463770311854[1].jpg
966KB, 1024x768px
Does anyone see anything offensively bad about this map?
The thick brown lines are borders.
>>
>>163588
The desert is a tad bland, the only "towns" along the edges of it with nothing in between.
What's with the reddish vertical lines on that thing along the verdant river?
Good otherwise.
>>
>>163588
The mixture of hexagons and irregular lines displeases me.
>>
File: 1646941184.gif (2MB, 500x270px)
1646941184.gif
2MB, 500x270px
After some delays, Cyberpunk Detective Quest is back for its second thread!

For anyone interested, or who participated in the last one, we're picking up right where we left off.

>>163544
>>
>>163584
Fair enough, and the setting I use is a tad... obtuse to fit with anyone else's story unless it's in the exact same vein.
>>
WE MUST PUSH PAST THE SHITPOSTING!

>>163588
TELL US MORE! PLEASE! GOD! TELL US EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR QUEST!
>>
>>163584
>>163564

How's this for a starter, as per top-to-bottom worldbuilding. The MC is sitting at his computer desk involving himself in some old fashioned internet debate, when he's suddenly beset by dopplegangers of his friends and family! And his neighbors, too! Yet they all speak and act very much alike -as though, even, they're the same person. And there he begins his Quest to understand the origin of these, these... same-persons, before they, in their unified assaults of verbiage, wear him down and drive him into madness. Maybe add an eldritch horror under his town that causes this or something and boom, quest.
>>
>>163645
He starts to manifest his madness as flowery prose and the genuine belief that he is fighting against the forces of evil. Even as more same-persons tell him that he's just delusional.

At the end it turns out it was just alzheimers. Slowly making him think that these same-persons were one all along.
>>
>>163645
I get where you're going with that, and it's an interesting premise, but I personally don't like it.
It's more a "high-fantasy or high-tech" person.
So like: "You are a Knight, a time of peace has fallen over the land thanks to a valiant hero in recent times. However, one day while you are honing your skills, a message flutters down from the sky and says Heed this call, Knights of the land! Our Princesses have gone missing! The vile Dragon Princess has stolen them away and may soon EAT them! Take up arms and hunt down this vile beast in the name of glory, honor, wealth beyond your wildest dreams, and bitches, so very many bitches."
>>
Fuck, I remember my question.
Is it okay to give less than a few hours notice before running a thread?
>>
>>163678
Of course, why else you you post it on your twitter.
>>
File: 1399236918673.jpg (96KB, 1280x463px)
1399236918673.jpg
96KB, 1280x463px
>>163668
Would be funny if other princesses are doing their own brand of villainy to other princesses' kingdoms (e.g. excessive taxation, plague, economic takeover) and it all becomes one big civil war.

Which princess will YOU serve?
>>
>>163690
But twitter is for giving advance notification.

I'm not sure it's even right to give less than twelve hours.

Twitter is there to let players know that something is happening on that day. Not give like a three hour notice.
>>
>>163668
I can appreciate a knight doing his duty for bitches, that's for sure. But wont there be some competition and conflict between the various knights as they're after the same goal, and perhaps not all in the same ways?

>>163678
Certainly. Any notice is better than none.
>>
>>163704
Hmm, that's an interesting turn I could pull this in to...
Thanks for the idea, Anon.
You just improved a quest in the long run.
>>
>>163704
>Would be funny
No it wouldn't, that would be a huge waifustorm.
>>
>>163726
>>163722
Can you two please take this to skype or aim or something?
>>
>>163720
Sounds fantastic.
>>
>>163706
>Knight conflict
Yes actually. I didn't include it much in the first lap through I did, because Anons got masterful rolls again and again, so they were ALWAYS ahead of the competition. The next chapter, however... things are going to be... different.
>>
>>163739
Please don't smash down on your players because they got some lucky rolls. I'm saying this as a fellow QM.
>>
>>163705
Am I wrong here? Does anyone treat their players differently?
>>
>>163607
>reddish vertical lines
occupied territory; the easternmost human kingdom is currently crusading against the elves in the desert.
>the thin red lines in the desert
the desert elves inhabiting that region have mages that can soothe and control the massive, horrendous sand worms that live in it. By placing saddles and platforms on the backs of the worms the elves have created a unique mass transit system, carrying trade and people between the towns of the desert
>>163608
>>163625
>hexagons
I used inkarnate's hex tool to make the edges of the map. I could fix it but that'd be kind of a pain (not a real excuse, I'll get to it some day)
>>163642
can't tell if serious
>>
>>163749
Oh, I won't. Their Sacred Blessing is still in place, plus ALL successes are critical, while all failures are too, so all conflicts are over in a heartbeat. They only died once as a result.
It's just, they finished the game and as expected, selected the Mystery Box, which is a time warp back to the beginning, but with all your bitches and stuff still in place.
But as with all time fuckery, nothing is ever QUITE right.
>>
>>163734
Exactly why it will be funny.
>>
do map games fit into the board or should i take them over to /his/?
>>
>>163765
Well, it's the case for some like me who like conditioning their players towards certain behaviors and then abusing that conditioning. There are gradient levels of fairness, however. If someones always going to make a similar choice there's no reason for their particular antagonist to not take note of it and use it against them, right? The same goes for the MC's companions as well if the MC has chosen to drag them along to something they'd been warned against by the bulleye's they call friends.

It depends most heavily on your tone as in spite of everything else people don't want something to mix-match what was advertised, so there is still that limitation but I think it also falls under the same sort of pre-established fairness that players have come to expect of their QMs.
>>
>>163786
Wait wrong reply, meant for >>163720
>>
>>163780
>inkarnate's hex tool

Oh.
If it's a visual effect, it looks neat.

>can't tell if serious
I'm very serious, please, save us from the shitposting.

>>163792
No no, I mean, is it right to give less than a day's worth of notification.
>>
>>163804
>No no, I mean, is it right to give less than a day's worth of notification.
Yes, It's perfectly alright. Though I'd stress a regular schedule gets better results over a longer period of time.
>>
>>163793
I do not like the current crop of waifuquests on /qst/. Not even from a personal taste perspective. So I find it hard to believe the right kind of player who can tolerate them would be reaped from making it.

I mean, you could do it as an experiment. No one is stopping you. I would be interested in the results more than anything.
>>
>all this anger when you could be spending your time appreciating cute girls instead
>>
>Larro is running right now

Wait when was this supposed to happen
>>
>>163821
I would but my hands are already full with two mediocre quests.
>>
>>163839
Would you sacrifice two mediocre quests for one waifustorm quest?
>>
>>163824
But I'm in MAQ right now.
>>
>>163868
I think that's just part of the rules of Yu-Gi-Oh man.
>>
ELF PRIDE WORLD WIDE
>>
File: elfcomiccopy.png (230KB, 296x799px)
elfcomiccopy.png
230KB, 296x799px
>>163868
That would be a very interesting prospect but I'd rather let my mediocre quests die a natural death first.

Although if I were to go with it, how? A quest that regularly rotates between a fixed set of princess protagonists? Some kind of waifu civ war? Dice rolls?

>>163880
Eat a dick, elf.
>>
>>163127
I disagree. You aren't really worth the effort, though.
>>
>>163868
I'd be willing to pick it up at the end of the next act of mine, to be honest.
In fact, I plan to. :^)
>>
>>163896
ELF PRIDE WORLD WIDE
>>
>>154242
I need a tiebreaker!
>>
>those random fucking backdrops in Jara
You know, I'm kinda glad this board happened, because I'm pretty sure we're witnessing one of the most glorious quests in the history of 4chan questing.
>>
>>163804
In a nutshell:
MC and an elf loli travel across early modern NotEurope to track down deceased Emperor of Humanity's half-elven bastard child
>>
>>163988
So....road trip? Empasis on road?
>>
>>163988
Sounds like it could spiral into /u/.
>>
>Have heated argument
>Thread immediately dies again

Guys why
why are you doing this
>>
>>164199
>Why are you doing this
The Anons involved probably got banned, or at least one of them and thus it died due to nobody to argue with.
It's a Meta thread, it ebbs and flows as ideas and issues come up.
>>
>>164214
I didn't get banned.

It's just that you guys suck at actually talking about something that isn't me shitposting.
>>
File: 1436755479910.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436755479910.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>163896
Someone is going to eat a dick, and it's clearly not the elf.
>>
File: phoenicia.jpg (3MB, 4624x3463px)
phoenicia.jpg
3MB, 4624x3463px
You know, how would you guys feel about a quest done in vaguely Erfworld style, with the protagonist being the King of the Phoenician equivalents of a newly appeared side?

Initially it would be about protecting your trade against pirates and naval incursions, then it would expand into a more complex strategic challenge.
>>
>>164237
>You can't discuss things properly
How does one properly discuss topics then, oh mythical Anon?
>>
>>164125
MC is male
>>164063
Essentially
>>
>>164287
I feel very intrigued.
>>
>>164309
I swear I'll get around to running it some day
the volume of background material is getting too large to just sit around unused
>>
>>163645
>>163667
Philip K. Dick, is that you?
>>
>>163705
Even if I love your quests, I'm not moving real life things (they happen rarely enough) around to sit in front of my computer, no matter how much advance notice you put. Twitter is interesting just because it's a pushed notification instead of F5'ing the catalog.
>>
>Actually browsing some of the Quests now instead of just whatever catches my eye
There are some fucking gems nestled in here, holy shit.
>>
>>164259
Set it in the Bronze Age and I'm game
>>
>>166340
Please elaborate
>>
>>166347
Link related, it's surprisingly good, I did not expect it to be that enjoyable.
>Just got a 2nd thread which is what caught my eyes
>>148965
>>
>One of my threads 404s tomorrow and I prefer image compilations, so I have to do it the hard way
>Have to do it all tomorrow cause procrastination
This is a bad feel.
>>
>pitching an idea

Its the future, and the worlds population has become a serious problem.
It was that same problem that drove humanity to colonize mars.

You are [name here]. An 18 year old college student, whos family Just won the biggest lottery ever.
You and other lottery winners have won an all expenses paid trip to live a new life on mars.

As you adjust to your new school, and your new life, you begin to hear rumors of a steadily increasing number of people having gone missing.
Your family might not have been as lucky as you thought as the mystery unfolds.

Thoughts?
>>
>>166476
A mystery sounds interesting to me. Why do you have the setting based on Mars though? Just from your description there doesn't seem to be any particular reason for it other than it being cool.
>>
>>166485
it opens the doors for "techsplinations" regarding story elements/ mystery, adds a bit of sci-fi to the mix overall, and the other reason being: yes. It just seems cool.
>>
>>166476
How hard the sci-fi is going to be?
>>
>>166488
Well there's nothing wrong with using it because it's cool. So tell me a little bit more about what you're thinking. I imagine that the general goal of the quest would be first to discover what happened to the missing people. So an emphasis on investigations?
>>
>>166491
Not super hard.
The sci fi elements would mostly be used to add to the realm of possibilities.
For example: These arent all trained professionals being sent to live on mars. Accidents can happen, mistakes can be made, equipment can malfunction, throwing multiple lives in jeopardy at any given moment. (But is that why people have gone missing? Or is it somthing else?)

>>166492
The overall goal of the quest would be to uncover the truth, both behind the missing people, and the lottery itself. so yeah: investigations ahoy.
Side goals including building relationships which can also lead into gathering useful information regarding everything going on.
>>
>>166497
Hey, investigations can be pretty fun. The biggest problem I can foresee is if you misjudge you're audience's capacity to figure out puzzles. I've seen quests go downhill because the QM assumed that they had given the audience enough information when they actually hadn't.
>>
>>166505
That makes sense.
I suppose avoiding a whole lot of "what do" can help alleviate that. We'd just have to see how well i manage it when that time comes.
>>
>>163061
>>163078

Yes, it was removed - and is still removed, as you cannot delete an OP post.

Yeah, that 'mods deleted my quest' trick pissed off the mods something fierce.
>>
>>166512
If you go slow and don't reveal too much of your hand at once you'll probably be okay. Just be open and honest with your players.
You have any idea when you'll be ready to start? I love a good mystery.
>>
>>166520
Might have a small session once im off work. [in 5 hours there abouts]
If it goes well and isnt a zero reply trainwreck, future sessions for longer amounts of time to follow.
>>
>>166533
Oh wow, that's sooner than I expected. Well, link the thread in here when you're ready and I'll join when I can.
>>
Cyberpunk Detective is some tight shit, I gotta say.
>>
>>166551
Thanks, that means a lot.
>>
>>166551
Is it tighter than your bumhole?

Not that it means anything, really, give who we all are here.
>>
File: 'sup.gif (487KB, 315x178px)
'sup.gif
487KB, 315x178px
>>166588
It's the tightest butthole.
>>
>>166589
Uh, thanks. I guess?

Either way, we're shutting down for the night but will resume in the same thread tomorrow. I'm just super thrilled people seem to like it so far. It's been something I've wanted to try out for a while now, but it's way outside my normal comfort zone. I figured the new board was a good an excuse as any to try out some good old fashioned sci-fi noir mystery.
>>
>>166596
Ignore my shitposting.

Definitely one of the few quest to start on /qst/ that I can say genuinely hooked me. What else have you run, out of curiosity?
>>
>>166603
Just one that's been on hiatus for a while. I wanted to try out the new board from the perspective of a new QM, see how feasible it was to pick up new players without a pre-existing name brand, and felt it was different enough in style that there wouldn't be that much crossover anyways.
>>
>>162871
Bump for QM.
>>
I've been really enjoying the Adventures of Peter Titmouse for shenanigans, Jara and the Valley of Secrets for suffering and Audit Quest for dungeons but the other few quests I'd been following seem to have died off.

What are people reading at the moment that they're enjoying?
>>
>>161488
Schilling http://www.strawpoll.me/10268430 for the anons that asked when people are available.
>>
>>151224
Monthly reminder that JQOP is best QM imouto.
Daki when?
>>
>>166538
Just got back home, So. Gonna grab a bite to eat, get the pastebins out of the way, then throw up the thread with a link.
>>
>>166538
>>166979

Well, here we go. Took longer than i wanted getting it out there but, Oh well.
>>167154
>>167154
>>
New Dark Gate Academy thread is up.
>>167196
>>167196
>>167196
>>
>>167209
Oh, i read all 13 parts of your quest over the past 3 days at work.
So, thanks for giving me more to read tonight.
Pretty enjoyable. I'm just waiting for when things start getting real dramatic. first developed character death when.
>>
>>167232
First death comes when Players start rolling like garbage on the stuff that matters.
>>
>>167243
And the second a waifu dies, the quest will crash and burn.
>>
>>167245
Probably. I'm having fun with it while it lasts, though.
>>
>>167245
Oh hey, a Vaelys worshipper. No wonder you don't know anything about running quests.
>>
>>167266
Are you saying killing off a waifu DOESN'T start a shitstorm that kills quests? Because if you are, then you know less about running quests than you assume I do.
>>
>>167280
It's never actually killed any of the few quests it's happened in.

In several it has made the quests stronger.

So your opinion doesn't really hold up to scrutiny, as usual.
>>
>>167346
Name these several ones.
>>
>>167352
Why bother? You'll just say "muh opinions" and ignore it, again, then talk yourself into a corner, again, and then leave, pretending that you won, again.

That's what's happened very time you've demanded proof.

How about you show us a quest that died because waifus were killed? Burden of proof is on the claimant, and you made the claim first.

Oh, that's right, you can't. Because it's never actually killed a quest, just caused a temporary shitstorm that faded into obscurity as the quest moves on.
>>
>>167368
You seem awfully angry for no good reason. Every time I've asked for proof in this thread, no one has provided it, so I've stopped arguing with them. Will this be the case again? You're claiming that the death of someone important/waifu makes quests stronger AND you say there's been several ones of them and none has died because of it. I'm implying, you're claiming. The burden of proof lies with you. I'm not trying to shitpost you. Provide proof for your claim and I'll shut my mouth.
>>
>>166505

What I did was provide more detail about the puzzle as players investigated, whgle also having in mind several alternate solutions.

Admittedly, this was a secret door to a dungeon, but I think it's also useful elsewhere
>>
>>167379
Except the times they did and you ignored it.

YOU'VE never provided a single proof for all the outrageous claims you make.
>>
>>167399
Great strawman argument. Now you're doing the same thing as you claim I did. Seems pretty hypocritical. Stop ignoring the topic at hand, please. All I'm asking for is examples which you said yourself, you know of. Prove me wrong and shut me up. It's so easy, right? Or is it that you're trying to start a shit throwing fight now?
>>
>>167379
>And the second a waifu dies, the quest will crash and burn.
That's not an implication, that's a statement. A false statement, because there is no such quest that this has happened in.
>>
>>167414
It's an assumption, not a claim. You're claiming something else and refuse to share the example you claim you have. Seems to me you're just doing the same thing you yet again claim I did...
>>
>>167411
Joker Quest.
Lamia Hobo Quest.
Merc Quest.
Re: Quests of several iterations.
>>
>>167418
There we go. That wasn't so hard, now was it? :^)
>>
>>167420
Depends. Are you going to say they're all bad writing now, or are you going to admit that killing waifus doens'ty do anything but cause a shitstorm that doesn't kill the quest? Because killing waifus has never killed a quest yet.

See, the deliberate misinformation you're spewing is bad for new QMs to listen to. So calling you out on your lies is a pretty necessary thing.
>>
>>167432
Calling an assumption "lies" is you being melodramatic, but I can confess there's great examples that stand against my assumption. Doesn't mean the possibility isn't there for new QM's.

But I promised to shut up and stop triggering people like yourself, so that's what I'll do. See you next /qsg/.
>>
>>167450
Fair enough.
>>
>>167432
>Because killing waifus has never killed a quest yet.
The Snappening killed not only the quest it happened in but several quests by the same QM that followed it.
>>
But seriously, would you play a (moderate, all things told) Muslim girl in a quest set in a contemporary world? Well, there are other things, but I do enjoy my righteous, faith-backed heroes.
>>
>>167418
Also wasn't Lamia Hobo the one that died in like two threads?
>>
>>167491
>moderate muslim
a what? are you just making that up?
>>
>>167491
Feels kinda doomed. I'd be worried that so many posts would be to defend your MC's moderate nature instead of moving the quest along.
>>
>>167530
Well, I'm planning to making it a fairly action-packed quest, just within a culture I know and understand, and a MC thrown into situations that neither her upbringing or wildest dreams (or nightmares as the case may be) will have prepared for. . . Basically, suffering inbound.

>>167503
All things told.
>>
>>167491
She would be atheist in like, four threads. I hope you know that.
>>
>>167711
I'm a firm believer in the QM having the ultimate control over a character. I mean, I don't expect players to stay at home and play the good wife, pray 5 times a day and fill the rooms with children ('cause adventure will come calling in any case), but the players really only have controls over the -actions- of a QMC, and again, only within the QM's framework.
>>
>>167711
Just like Sierra in Hellborn quest became a lesbian in the first ten threads.

Oh, wait.
>>
Did Teli die?
>>
File: 658648584.jpg (42KB, 448x595px) Image search: [Google]
658648584.jpg
42KB, 448x595px
>>167491
>Muslim
>righteous hero
>>
>>167885
Righteous as in believer in their cause. Not "right".
>>
>>167889
So what does your Muslim hero go around doing because she believes in her cause so much?

What are her powers?
>>
>>167898
The intended opening scene is a fairly cliché "clean your streets of those dealers that bring nothing but trouble, 'cause the cops will never come". Her one power is being able to control clothes or fabric intended to become clothes she can touch. Not an origin story, but instead her first tussle with enemies.
>>
>>167918
>She uses her headscarf as a weapon.
>>
>>167918
>'cause the cops will never come

We talking American "we hate sandniggers" cops type of not coming.

Or are we talking British "I'm scared to be called a racist" type of not coming.
>>
>>168018
Not her primary mean, but it's possible at close range. Headscarfs aren't that large.
>>
>>168028
We're talking "yeah, fuck them, it's either poorfags who stone our cars and routinely try to put them on fire, and druggies".
>>
File: MocyrFN.png (101KB, 398x502px) Image search: [Google]
MocyrFN.png
101KB, 398x502px
Lafayette Girls Academy 2 is up for anyone who's interested.

>>>/tg/47389604
>>
>>168086
I'm curious, why not move to /qst/?
>>
>>168226
Because /tg/ is still allowing quests to run and I like running on /tg/. Most I've run on /qst/ is that one collab with Observer and I honestly didn't see too much of a difference other than the increased character limit.

And besides that, if I were to transfer all of my Quests over to /qst/, I'd have to deal with having two separate archives for those Quests. That's kind of a bitch to deal with.
>>
>>168244
Eh, fair enough.
Best of luck then.
>>
back again with souls goodness

>>163046
>>163046
>>163046
>>
File: 1.1.jpg (236KB, 789x1000px)
1.1.jpg
236KB, 789x1000px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/26-rise-of-chaos/EgKvFY9PoHMsTcw4J
>>
>>162794
> Vox is one of those other QMs. He has a thread up fucking constantly for days and I don't think he's ever broken 100 unique IPs. Vox, correct me if I'm wrong here. And even if somehow he did, I know for fucking sure he didn't reach 500 ips.

Solely in the interests of having the facts on the table - I've only broken 100 IPs twice, and generally at least two of those were my phone because I was addressing questions from work. A usual thread for me is around 50-60, with particularly tense/important moments sometimes bringing in as many as 70-80.
>>
>>169493
>>169493
>>169493

Beleaguered Prince Quest Sunday Edition is up and running.
>>
It looks like a lot more fun quests are coming out of the woodwork now. I'm glad I discovered this board, it's really kindled my passion for quests.
>>
File: 1462671142007.jpg (73KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1462671142007.jpg
73KB, 768x768px
>>169688
>>169688
>>169688

Black Company Quest up and at them
>>
File: 1334179374820.gif (2MB, 336x199px) Image search: [Google]
1334179374820.gif
2MB, 336x199px
>Braids Grenades
>Knight Quest
>Piglass Quest
They're all coming back!
>>
>>169851
>Literally who quests
>>
File: Drops of Revelation.jpg (204KB, 900x764px) Image search: [Google]
Drops of Revelation.jpg
204KB, 900x764px
>>170271
Valen is live, for any of my (four) players!
>>
>>163544

We're back in the same thread as last night with Cyberpunk Detective! Gonne be running all night for anyone wanting to hop on in.
>>
>>152226
God damn it, am I the only one who surfs on mobile? I swear I'm not the only one. In any case, narrower caps are better for mobile users.

You wouldn't believe how absurdly wide some screen grabs can get.
>>
>>170418
Nah i do also.
Even tried to do updates from mobile at one point.

Noped right the fuck out of that. Is need a phone keyboard or some shit to make that work.
>>
>>170418
>read your update out loud
Cringe.
>>
>>170418
>Don't fear failure.
Yeah, this is a big one. I've dropped off 4 Quests in my lifetime after only a few threads cause of that and depression over life in general.
Rest is pretty on point. It's different for everyone, though.
I find the people who frequent my shit now are pretty chill and have similar ideals, so best roll works fine, but I can definitely see how that could be problematic.
Then again, I don't always follow word for word or pick THE highest roll in a line and can blame it on "Being too slow."
>>
>>170496
What's cringe about it? It isn't saying to do a dramatic reading of the thing, just to read it over in order to look for mistakes and typos and such.
>>
>>170488
>>170488
Another installment of Whirlpool Quest is up for those interested.
>>
>>170518
>out loud
>>
>>170531
Yeah, so you can hear how it sounds when read. Not even loud, just loud enough that you can hear how it sounds.

I'm really failing to see where the cringe is here. It's such a basic, normal thing to do.
>>
>>170557
I'm cringing because I'm imagining a sperg actually doing this, taking what they wrote and saying it out loud in front of their computer.

Learn to internal voice.
>>
>>170587
Hearing a voice reading the text is sometimes makes it easier to find and remember spots in the text that just seem strange grammatically. See how some youtuber's read in-game text aloud makes the typos stand out somewhat.
>>
>>170615
>>170587
It's like you know what you meant when you wrote it, but looking back it's just so cringeworthy to read.
>>
>>170587
It's far too easy to glance over your own typos and grammatical errors if you only read it with your internal voice. Your mind corrects the word when you skim past it or some shit.
>>
>>170641
>typos
Use a spellchecker. Even 4chan's post window has it.
>>
>>170656
They don't catch everything, and sometimes they catch the wrong things.
>>
>>170656
Doesn't stop mistakes like mixing up 'rogue' and 'rouge'
>>
>>170656
That's not going to help with your/you're there/their etc. typos. Nor does it help omitted words or grammar errors.
>>
>>170681
I've never had an issue with this, I just can't imagine how reading something out loud is in any way different to saying it internally. Don't you say the things you write inside your head?
>>
>>170690
Your brain kind of has a way of self-correcting mistakes in writing. For instance, if you've accidentally written "the the" it's common for the brain to not process the repeated word when you read it internally. Reading things aloud avoids this.
>>
>>170690
Well I do, but I don't realize how strange a sentence can sound until I actually say it.
>>
>>170710
I think you're talking about your own brain, anon.

>>170715
I get that too, except I still just silently reread my stuff.
>>
>>170726
Then I guess you're used to writing under pressure. QMs usually gonna be writing fast and thinking on the fly, so spending time scrutinizing every sentence is time spent not getting that update out.
>>
>>170726
>I think you're talking about your own brain, anon.
Actually, it's how it works for everyone.
>http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/does-your-brain-autocorrect/
Your brain automatically corrects a majority of your own or others misspellings when you read it so you can understand it.
>>
>>170726
The way the brain processes information is the reason for the guideline in the first place.
Guidelines don't apply to all situations, but they apply to enough that having a method of doing things a certain way catches a lot of the mistakes newbies might make.
>>
File: TnwtZ.png (23KB, 514x110px) Image search: [Google]
TnwtZ.png
23KB, 514x110px
>>170726
>I think you're talking about your own brain, anon.

Nah, it's a pretty common thing. There's tons of posts all over the place that point out this effect.

It's how all brains work.
>>
>>170749
*might make when they get into a hobby or job.
>>
>>170747
I do read it so I can understand it, I just don't need to do it out loud.

I'll say it again. Learn to internal voice.

Considering I've written a lot and nobody ever told me it was awkward or strange, I think I'm doing pretty well. Then they act surprised when they learn English is my fourth language :^)

>>170755
Speak for your own brain, please.
>>
File: Uwotm8.png (138KB, 700x213px)
Uwotm8.png
138KB, 700x213px
>>170772
It's how your brain works, whether you deny it or accept it doesn't really have any relevance. You'll catch more misspellings and grammatical errors if you read what you've written out loud than using your internal voice. I thought this was a pretty accepted fact by this point, unless you're just baiting us?
>>
>>170772
>Speak for your own brain, please.

Literally everyone but you is saying their brain works the the same way. Seems you're the outlier here.

Quick question BTW, when you're picturing someone reading over their update aloud, are are you picturing them doing it in a slow dim-witted drawl like they're Forrest Gump or Helen Keller learning to read? Because that's the only way I can think you'd find something as regular and commonplace as reading over something externally to be cringey.
>>
>>170791
Well, under one common definition on 4chan, baiting means any form of disagreement. So I guess that I'm still baiting you, yes, because you still haven't given me any reason to not disagree with you except for strong assurances that you're right.
>>
>>170791
It definitely wasn't bait to begin with, but I imagine they're going to try to spin it that way now.
>>
>>170796
I don't think three people in a meta thread on a dead board on 4chan can be honestly described with the word "everyone".

And no, I've never heard anyone do such a thing either directly or indirectly, and this is honestly the first time I've seen it recommended.
>>
>>170797
I've already linked you to one site with information that proves you wrong. If that site isn't good enough for you, there's a myriad of search engines available that will lead you to sites with scientific proof that this is how our brains are wired and how we read and auto-correct words with our minds.

There's really nothing for you to disagree with anymore.
>>
>>170797
>because you still haven't given me any reason to not disagree with you except for strong assurances that you're right.

He literally linked an article which described the phenomenon. That alone completely destroys your "Nah, it's just you guys" argument.
>>
>>170747
>Your brain automatically corrects a majority of your own or others misspellings when you read it so you can understand it.

Honestly, this sorta cancels itself out, since so long as you keep errors to a minimum the players will mentally fix them anyways. This is more or less the only reason live writing like this can work at all, in my opinion.
>>
>>170820
All that article showed me was for example a "smaple snetecne" that I was supposed to not immediately spot as full of typos, but I did. So obviously it's wrong.
>>
>>170823
That's like saying "I made a mistake, but since the odds of anyone finding it is low, I might as well not fix it." - That's a very irresponsible and unprofessional line of thinking, at least in my opinion. But it's just an opinion, so take it as you will.

However, that's not what the argument has devolved into.

>>170840
Of course you're supposed to catch that it's full of typos since it is a sample text of ONLY typos, but the fact that your mind auto-corrected it nonetheless only proves our point further.
>>
>>170809
>And no, I've never heard anyone do such a thing either directly or indirectly, and this is honestly the first time I've seen it recommended.

Well, you have to understand that it's strange that this is the first you've heard of it. Because it is common. The act of reading shit aloud was recommended heavily throughout secondary school and even through Uni.

Understand that not knowing about this is the anomaly. And thinking it's "cringey" of all things is just odd, when to a lot, if not most people, it's a common action that a lot of people do because it has provable benefits.

What you're saying is akin to saying "Wow, look at that sperg looking both ways before crossing the street. How cringey. Most people don't have to do that."

>>170840
Which is funny, because you didn't notice the intentional typos I placed in this post >>170796, which you read and replied to. Which is odd, because I thought it was just my brain that did that.
>>
>>170859
> but the fact that your mind auto-corrected it nonetheless
You rally are dense, aren't you?

My mind didn't autocorrect it. I literally read it as sma-ple sne-tec-ne the first time while at full reading speed.
>>
>>170867
There aren't any I can spot there, and reading it out loud wouldn't change that. Point them out please.
>>
>>170878
Look, just google it or something. you will probably linked to at least three studies on the phenomena.
>>
>>170878
>rally
really*
>My mind didn't autocorrect it. I literally read it as sma-ple sne-tec-ne the first time while at full reading speed.
Let's hypothetically say your mind didn't auto-correct it, which I still believe it did but for the sake of this let's say it didn't, that also proves your own point wrong; reading the sentence with your internal voice you didn't auto-correct such a simple typo. Had you read the word out loud, you would have immediately recognized that it was a typo. This proves that reading the text out loud actually catches more typos than reading with your internal voice.
>>
>>170896
Just because a lot of people think something is true doesn't mean it's universally true. I did in fact read about it while we're having this discussion here and I didn't see any claims that this is some sort of universal constant.

You have to understand that not everyone is the same. I happen to mostly come into contact with the English language through writing, I hardly ever hear it spoken out loud. An even more extreme example would be a deaf person, who by your logic that this is somehow universal shouldn't be able to create a coherent sentence at all.

>>170902
The fact that I didn't autocorrect it means that I spotted it as a typo. Are you implying that I think smaple is an actual word or something? I mean, it could be, but I've never seen it before.
>>
>>170859
Normally it would be, but with quests you don't have the time to read over everything multiple times and fine tune things. You can't get it perfect every time, and trying to expect that of yourself will only cause you to burn out. At some point, you have to accept that even professional novels have a minimum accepted number of typos that make it to print, and all you can do is try your best and roll with it when you trip up.
>>
>>170911
I know, that's kind of what I said here >>170749 , you are more an exception to general way something is done but you are not wrong with how you do it.
>>
>>170894
He repeated words like "the" and "are".

I can usually catch things like that because I'm used to grading undergraduate essays. But sometimes even I need to stop and read a sentence aloud to make sure I'm reading it correctly. I do it myself from time to time when I feel I may have gotten "too creative" with my own writing. It's absolutely a normal thing that I and everyone I work with have known about for decades.
>>
>>170916
>Normally it would be, but with quests you don't have the time to read over everything multiple times and fine tune things.
Given how slow quests have become on this board and the fact that some QM's back on /tg/ took at least 1-2 hours+ between each update (See Hexer for a great example), there's enough time to read through your update several times to find all the typos and grammatical errors before posting it. Rushing through it will only make the quality suffer.
>>
>>170894
>and reading it out loud wouldn't change that.

Well, either you're so fucking opposed to being wrong that you you won't even try it, or you've resorted to to shitposting at this point.

Either way, this'll be my last post, 'cause I ain't bothering with this shit. Just read it aloud, you'll notice I repeated a few words in there.

I also did it in this post.

>>170911
Yeah, I'm definitely done cause you just went back on your entire original argument.

Yes, there are obviously special cases, such as those reading in a language foreign to their own, and of course deaf people aren't going to gain a benefit from reading stuff aloud.

But that doesn't matter, because this whole time you've been arguing that this brain auto-correct is strange and rare, while everyone was trying to explain to you that you were the exception.

Now, you've just agreed with us.
>>
>>170932
Well that just goes to show that reading it out loud doesn't change a thing for me, as I did actually whisper his post to myself and didn't find anything.

The fact is that the mental processes that happen in my head when I'm internal-voicing text and when I'm reading it out loud aren't any different. I still stop at every word as if I was enunciating it.

>>170956
I did try it you mong.

>But that doesn't matter, because this whole time you've been arguing that this brain auto-correct is strange and rare, while everyone was trying to explain to you that you were the exception.
No, everyone was saying that I'm NOT an exception, and that I'm wrong about what happens in my own head.
>>
>>170941
Yes, but you can't get all the typos every time. There will always be the rare occasion where you let one slip through. When you're writing live, there comes a point where the risk of a typo outweighs the cost of rereading your post again. This is the basic process by which all quality control is built on. Perfection is impossible. All you can do is find the sweet spot where you have the highest quality possible for the cost you can afford. In the case of quests, that cost is time and post length.
>>
>>170298
Foxfire wan
>>
I stream while I draw on twitch. If I streamed while Qming a draw quest would it spoil everything for any questers that went on the stream?
>>
>>170496
>>170531
>>170587
You're fucking stupid. Everything you write you should utter it with your voice. There is no better way to detect awkward sentence construction, tongue twisters and even grammatical errors (some). And it forces you to learn to write sentences of varying length, and proper comma placement, just so you can breathe naturally while giving your shit a read over.

This is really a very holistic thing, made evident by that very simple fact: no (natural) spoken language has evolved from writing first. Check the foundations, and the building will be solid. Here, these are the spoken word.
>>
>>171386
Probably, yeah. But it'd also be an interesting insight into quest art.
>>
>>167491
Nah. Not interested. But I wouldn't mind playing a muslim man during the height of the Islamic Golden Age in a historically accurate quest run by someone familiar with the history, culture, outlook, theology, and morals of the time. I'd play that.
>>
>>171398
I disagree with your opinion for reasons that have already been discussed.
>>
>>170772
>Then they act surprised when they learn English is my fourth language :^)
That explains things as well. English isn't natural for you (which has nothing to do with your fluency), you haven't been bathing in it since your formative years.

Still a good piece of general advice, and particularly useful for dialogue, which should have something of a specific rhythm.
>>
>>171399
Yeah, I thought it might be mildly interesting for people to see the animation/photoshopping tricks used. A solution would be to delay the video of the stream by a large margin but google sure isn't helping me learn how do to that.
>>
>>171407
I don't think "I'm a special snowflake" really counts as criticism for what is a general piece of advice about writing in general, Anon.
>>
Someone, make new thread already.
>>
>>171459
Why? We have a day.
>>
>>171474
I do not think this thread will hold for a day, it's on page 7 already.
I may be wrong, overestimating the speed of /qst/, of course.
>>
>>171487
You are. We have a day left AT LEAST.
>>
>>170796
No, it's entirely possible for some people's brains to be hardwired differently. Minor brain damage at a young age can switch up some of the wiring, since at that age your brain can recover from most injuries by rewiring itself. Geniuses and linguists experts don't process written and spoken information like others as well.
>>
>>171487
Last I checked, we'll have about 36-42 hours.
>>
>>167418
>Joker

The abortive new session is making me a little uncomfortable. Most of the insults are a bit too mean-spirited for me, like they're against the players instead of the PC.

Also, the context is deciding whether or not to straight-up murder a woman.
>>
>>171542
Don't you guys murder people in terrible ways or get people killed in terrible ways all the time?

What makes this different?
>>
>>171551

She implied that we were eventually going to work up to raping her.
>>
>>171559
Joker is kind of crazy.
>>
>>171559
Well, at least she's wrong about that.

Can't say she's wrong about anything else though.
>>
>Thread 1: You wake up on an island full of dark creatures and monsters, you have a task to slay the vile necromancer preparing an army to attack the Lightful world. Your ship is wrecked in a storm, your crew and brothers are dead, your armor and weapons lay on the seabed. Good luck! Later: you somehow manage to meet a giant spider woman and (not) get killed by her, talk a dryad out of turning loggers into fertilizer for trying to chop her tree down, get ambushed by a goblin robber, bullshit said goblin robber into helping you in exchange of money you don't have (with you), get led to a priestess of Lolth, made fight an undead, defeat it (paladin powers, duh) and get fucked over (only figuratively) by the said priestess. Also, rats are kinda tasty when you're starving.

>Thread 2: You are now a drow's errand boy. Not so bad, considering that the new position grants you proper armor and weapons, a single task with promises of great reward and help, and a harpy and a catgirl to lead you through the island. On the minus side, the task is to acquire a highly guarded artifact from one of the most powerful beings on the island and you now wear a collar that allows the drow to fuck you up in case you disobey. Get drunk with an oni, beaten with a rolling pin, set off on the journey, make bad sleeping place choice, meet a little demon girl, try to exorcize her and fail, take her along because teh child, fight a bunch of skeletons and a high vampire, free an ant-people colony. Get drunk with the ants and declared a hero for saving them, misunderstand a massage proposition and refuse, travel through ant tunnels, wander into the forest for a private talk with the demon girl, get ambushed by a bunch of amazons and caught. Also, the little succubus is apparently two little succubi. Wat.

>Thread 3: Get fucked over by one of the succubi because she is a bitch. The other is not, though. Be the grand prize in amazonian games, get saved by the cat and the harpy, watch the amazons get slaughtered by centaurs and their kids be led into slavery. Wait what. Spank the little succubus shit, meet a centaur border-guards squad, tell them about the amazon thing, fight renegade slavers, cut some horse-people down and spill some guts, save the squad's leader from death. Feast with centaurs (kumys is shit), get introduced to the khan, play strip backgammon and get drunk as fuck with his daughter, sleep with her. Literally, just sleep. Get led to the marsh (yes, this is where you were going all along), meet a reptile guide, get betrayed and your harpy almost killed, cut the treacherous lizard down. Try to find your way through the marsh, almost get eaten my a giant fucking worm holy shit this thing is huge. Barely escape, get into a fight with some lizard soldiers, kill them, take one captive. Also, a Witch interlude, yay!
>>
>>171696
What?
>>
>>171696
Yes, I assume those are the first three threads of Paladin of Avalon.

If you're reviewanon i want you to know you're an idiot for reviewing that quest.
>>
>>171703
Am not him and this is not a review. And didn't he say he won't be posting it here if he ever does review PoA?
>>
>>171542
I have no idea how the fuck you got this far into the quest if something so minor disturbs you.
>>
>>172262

To be fair, Alura's insults are:

> "Haze, you're gay for Rook, aren't you? Are you upset that you'll never get to fuck him the way I did?"
> "Joker, you're going to get round to raping me at some point. Aren't you?"
> "The other guy is probably fucking your girlfriend into catatonia right now."
>>
>>172331
She's just being a salty cunt and trying to bait Joker into killing her out of anger so that she can at least die with the last laugh. No point in humoring her by taking it personally.
>>
New session of Dark Gate Academy has begun, for anyone interested.
>>172473
>>172473
>>172473
>>
>>170963
>Gustave Flaubert, one of the key figures in literary modernism, is famous for his determined pursuit of stylistic perfection. This notably involved the attempt to eliminate from his prose all sorts of assonances, consonances, and repetitions, in large measure by reading his sentences in a loud voice—the test of what he called the "gueuloir" (from "gueuler", to yell).

Maybe not necessary for the average QM that's already struggling to make the world look not too fake.
>>
>>171398
Yeah, that works so fuckign well when you're mute.

Asshole.
>>
>>173344
Guys, watch the fuck out, one anon is an ableist.
>>
>>173393
>>173393
If you aren't ableist you're a retard.
>>
File: over-smug.png (552KB, 1000x4984px) Image search: [Google]
over-smug.png
552KB, 1000x4984px
>>152541
>you've did help give birth to something ....... that might some day become ....... not shit.

...Nah. Hello darkness my old friend.
Thread posts: 774
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.