[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SDCC '17 Storytime of Pain:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 79

The week ain't over yet, it just starting..

This is Earth 2: World's End, the worst of the worst of our good pals of the JSA

JSA fans get in here!
>>
Another storytimes here

>>94011836 (Marville)
>>94015371 (Trouble)
>>94013505 (The Unfunnies)
>>94015704 (Change)
>>94014562 (Joker's Daughter)
>>94016653 (Countdown)
>>
>>
>>
>>94017859
Forgot

>>94017305 (Amazons Attack)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94017795
Bump
>>
>>
File: sad.gif (561KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
561KB, 500x282px
>>94017795
This fucking comic...ugh. So sad.
>>
>>
>>94017795
They're aren't jsa and the book is erased techinally.
>>
>>94017795
Ah yes World's End. The only weekly terrible enough to compete with Countdown.
>>
>>94018240
Thanks, anon

>>94018283
Honeslty, I have never read this so I don't know what to expect
>>
>>94018350
They never erased E2. The E0 JSA will just be separate.
>>
Ugh... so much garbage to read... so painful...

Thanks anon. Have a bump.
>>
>JSA fans get in here

I don't know whether to be annoyed or grateful that you didn't call in New Gods fans as well.
>>
>>94018374
I was a huge fan of Earth 2 until they fucked Robinson over. It is worth a read, really good stuff until he leaves.
>>
Post yfw when this power girl was the annoying new 52 one
>>
>>94018350
Shut up anon and enjoy your cheap-ass JSA!

>>94018368
Makes you think..
>>
>>94018402

there's already a countdown storytime
>>
>>94018460
Countdown is shit...but this rivals it.

>FOUR HORSEMEN
>GET IT? APOKOLIPS!
>DEATH IS PREGNANT SO CLEVER
>>
>>94017795

What was the point of this comic?! WHAT?!
>>
>>94018398
3rd year on a row, had to make it special

>>94018402
I respect Kirby, he doesn't deserve to be included into this

>>94018404
Into the backlog I guess
>>
>>94017795

Earth 2, through all it's iterations from New 52, was one of the best.

RIP
>>
>>94018394
The end of the fucking books erases everything but 10 characters.

In a reborn universe.
>>
This is officially the worst start to the weekend storytime of pain I've seen so far
I might die from this
>>
>>
>>94018437
Only good jsa is pre crisis. Winks.
>>
Is America making her grand entrance to the SoP this year?
>>
>>94018368
Where does Future's End land in the hierarchy of shit?
>>94018428
I actually liked the redesigned Peeg costume from World's Finest, but mostly because it got destroyed every other issue
>>
>>
>>94018607
Future's End is pointless..but it doesn't really reach the heights of crap. Just the plains of mediocrity
>>
>>94018550
By worst you mean best, right?

>>94018568
Damn right

>>94018574
I don't know, it's someone doing it?
>>
FYI:

DC Panel at SDCC is on

https://www.newsarama.com/35486-sdcc-2017-meet-the-dc-comics-publishers-jim-lee-dan-didio-panel.html
>>
>>
>>
Okay, I have been trying to read some good New Gods stuff but the first Kirby comics are kinda aged. Countdown and n52 era comics (Venditti,Johns stuff and this storytime basically) make me want to quit completely. Are there any good NG stuff that can redeem those garbage?
>>
>>
>>94018823
Kirby isn't too painful imo. You should still try if you have any interest.
>>
>>
>innocently come to /co/
>forget it is pain time
>>
>>94018823
If you can't stomach Kirby....then nah.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94018059
I don't want to think about how Steppenwolf 'seduced' Solomon Grundy.
>>
>>
>>
>>94017859
If I got own stuff to storytime.
Should I do it tonight? Or would it more likely be viewed/noticed later in the week.
It's selfish, but I worry that if I wait till Saturday people will already be tired of SOP.
>>
>>
>>94019223
Do it whenever you want, m8. Today, tomorrow, it doesn't matter. The enitre week till Sunday will be about pain, the only important thing is the material, the day is the less thing you should worry about
>>
>>
>>94019267
You're right, Anon.

Also after this, will you being doing that crap run of TeenTitans where it turns out Bart Allen is a murderous rebel leader?

Then again I'm sure when it comes to TT there's more painful stories than even that.
>>
>>94019127
Fu-fuck you! I didn't need this...
>>
Oh GOD no
>>
>>
>>94019324
I don't know, I'm just doing it radomnly. If you want you could do it, have other things to storytime too.. Share the pain!
>>
>>94019350
Oh GOD YES!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Boop
>>
>>
>>94019437
While I find Red Tornado Lois to be stupid in principle, it wasn't the worst handled thing in the series.

Also she is too goddamn hot when she has clothes on.
>>
>>
>making me remember what happened to E2 after Robinson
>tfw een with Robinson back we won't get his E2
A THOUSAND DEATHS UPON YOUR SOUL OP
>>
>>
>>94020143
PAIN PAIN PAIN PAAAAIIIIIIINNN!!!
>>
Only reason I read this was because of Helena
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94020911
THICC
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
What was so bad about World's End again?
>>
>>
Well that was enough pain for one day.. See you tomorrow for day 2!
>>
>>94021323
oh boy
>>
>>94018490
Famine is.... wait for it... FAT! Get it???
>>
>>94021323
literally everything

even if you aren't a butthurt JSA fan like anyone with sense or taste would be it's just a prime example of terrible ideas combined with terrible writing and shoddy editing
>>
>>94021323
The plot isn't too fucking horrible, being that Apokolips is launching another attack on Earth-2, but it's horribly handled.
Every character is wasted.
The spotlight usually goes to Val-Zod and Thomas Wayne.
Val-Zod, who was introduced with crippling Agoraphobia, overcame it with little more than "You just have to BELIEVE in yourself".
Alan Scott had been set up as the avatar of the Green in this world, which was fine enough, but then Wilson decided that he'd shoehorn in five or six other colors in a horrible marriage of John's Lantern spectrum and the MTG color system.
His dead boyfriend came back as one of the avatars, only to sacrifice himself alongside the others so that Alan could become essentially Capitan goddamn Planet so that he could try to solo Darkseid or something.
And it didn't amount to a fucking thing.
Also they couldn't decide if the Rot was the Black or Grey.

One of the better characters of Robinson's run the head honcho of the World Army,tried to kamikaze Darkseid, only to get shot out of the air by Omega beams.

Capitan Steel or whatever his fucking name was crawled out of his hospital bed to crawl underground so that he could expand to a massive size so that all the refugees could have a hole to hide in.

THEY INVALIDATED SUPERMAN'S DEATH BY HAVING HIM BEEN CAPTURED BY DARKSEID SO THAT HE COULD TRY TO MAKE CLONES AND USE HIM AS A POWER SOURCE, JUST SO THAT KARA AND VAL-ZOD COULD FIND HIM ON DEATH'S DOOR AND DRAG HIM TO THE SRUFACE WITH JUST ENOUGH TIME FOR HIM TO TELL VAL-ZOD "Now you're the real Superman." AND TEAR OFF HIS SHIELD SO THAT POWER GIRL COULD USE IT TO COVER HER BOOB WINDOW.

AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON DICK.
>>
>>94022126
>Capitan Steel or whatever his fucking name was crawled out of his hospital bed to crawl underground so that he could expand to a massive size so that all the refugees could have a hole to hide in.
that was the Atom, whom Tom Taylor had sidelined in his run by having him lose an arm and then ignoring him

then he only showed up in one or two issues of World's End to die for no reason, he didn't even get any more dialogue
>>
>>94022520
Then was it Capitan Steel who flew the plane down into the pit only to presumably die and nothing ever be explained further about it?
Or was that the Atom again?

Was Capitan Steel even in this god forsaken book?
>>
>>94022707
Yeah, Captain Steel was around

but I can't remember if he ever showed up after Robinson's run? I know he said something about a monster in one of the firepits and he got kinda burned up but I don't remember what happened after that
>>
>>94022798
Abnett rebooted him right?
>>
>>94022822
I think so, but the "new" one was a middle aged white guy instead of a younger Filipino dude

Did anybody else get re-rebooted by Abnett? I didn't pay much attention to his E2S because I fucking hated Earth 2 by the time he came around
>>
>>94017795
OH FUCK YOU

You have to include the Blastr interviews for maximum pain
>>
>>94023049
Wilson is so fucking self-congratulatory in those interviews, holy shit
>>
>>94023081
Hey Dave, you storytimed some Crossed before, right? There's an anon over here >>94022823 who is wondering what to storytime tomorrow for the Pain weekend.
>>
>>94023132
He's looking for painful arcs, not one of the good ones - and from the looks of it they've picked out two of the absolute shittiest ones.
>>
>>94023031
Hourman, who was more like the one Morrison wrote, was a villain right before Abnett took over, then they were just like "Hey, it's no big deal".
Also Wildcat was implied to have died after teachng Dick little more than "No, you moron, the thumb stays on the outside of the fist".
Then he showed up at the end of a issue like nothing happened.
>>
File: Alan Scott.jpg (65KB, 426x635px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Scott.jpg
65KB, 426x635px
I liked the Earth-2 run. The stakes started absurdly high and just kept rising to the point where things just went insane, but it kept me guessing and I was rarely not entertained in one way or another. It had some major flaws, but it had its own little quirks that I appreciate.
>>
>>94023322

insane is definitely a good word for it
>>
>>94020143
good maybe he can write the actual jsa not the shitty hip n yung version
>>
>>94022126
How many times did Dick forget his own kids name?
>>
>>94023322
I agree. It was also my JSA fix (not real JSA but close enough) and was actually wrote well (until DC fucked the original writer over).
>>
>>94026402
God I don't even know.
>>
>>94021323

It's rushed, at no point does it ever stop. It keeps chugging along like a train with no brakes, never really giving you to time to digest what's actually happening, so much so that you're never too sure at points if a character is dead, alive or just hasn't appeared for a bit.

Also it suffers from the old too many side-stories that aren't important eating into the actual good stuff the comic had.
>>
>>94026889
>so much so that you're never too sure at points if a character is dead, alive or just hasn't appeared for a bit.
Didn't Dr. Fate just stop showing up halfway through and then never appeared again?
>>
Fun's over, I want my old JSA back now DC
>>
>>94027082

He does reappear but just to fight Darksied at the end, in a blink and you miss type fashion. Don't think they ever explain how he got his helmet back after it fused with Olsen's mother box thing though.
>>
>>94027159

it's like they're just covering up their eyes and ears and ignoring us
>>
>>94027159
T-they'll be back soon!
>>
earth 2 started so neat and then went to shit so fast, my god what a disappointment
>>
>>94031786
Idk it wasn't that great of a start.
"Hey we made Green Lantern gay. See look at his fiance oh nvm we killed him off immediately."
>>
we gonna get more?
>>
Quick still alive. Don't you die.
>>
>>94032485
There's nothing wrong with that, considering it was meant to be an actual plot line in Robinsons run
>>
>>94017795
E2 World's End is terrible, but its sheer terribleness can't be enjoyed by simply posting it.

One would have to start posting Robinson's Earth 2, then feel the bitter shift to Taylor's ebin storytelling getting worse and worse but with still some goal in mind and semi-consistent characterization AND THEN post World's End changing fucking everything to be inconsistent with what came before and making no sense even internally just adding more and more shit
Worst hate-read I've ever done
>>
>>94035486

it's up to OP now

the sheer terribleness is coming, if we're so lucky
>>
Bump to keep alive.
>>
>>94017795
At first I was dissapointed they added in Trinity characters instead of classic JSA Characters like Dr Midnight and Starman, now I'm relieved they weren't included.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.