[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>images are failing to load when using the new image

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 31

File: 1482331838805.jpg (61KB, 602x665px) Image search: [Google]
1482331838805.jpg
61KB, 602x665px
>images are failing to load when using the new image server
explain hiro
>>
>>903669
why do these mentally unstable people exist?
>>
File: 1482336907689.jpg (13KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482336907689.jpg
13KB, 480x300px
>>903676
>>
File: 1482338305320.png (289KB, 599x335px) Image search: [Google]
1482338305320.png
289KB, 599x335px
>>903676
>>
>>903669
>images failing to load now
hiro explain
>>
>>903669
>>904192
It's literally his plan for decreasing hosting costs.

If the server doesn't even send images, it doesn't cost anything.
>>
>>903669
Does it still happening?
>>
>>904545
Does it still happening?

It seems working fine from my PC.
>>
>>904547
Bring back asan.
>>
>>904549
May I ask the reason?
>>
>>904551
Because he is a good moderator and he was fired for a poor reason.
>>
>>904551
They could have demoted him instead of fire. Seems to have been a personal grudge from manager, everyone else liked him, why else would they have asked him back? Just let him know he must adjust to current mod practices.
>>
>>904551
Asan was a veteran mod who cared deeply about the website, and whose ideas were well-liked by many users.

I believe he showed bad judgment in this instance, but little lasting harm to the website was done because of it, and I personally think that dismissing him from the team was an extremely harsh response.
>>
>>903669
whats the server name again, is it i.4chan?
>>
>>904547
Sometimes it works
Sometimes it works but very slowly and the image takes a long time to load

Sometimes it does not work and the image will not load.

Why is the same image loaded on to is.4chan.org and i.4cdn.org at the same time?
>>
File: 1454877721023.jpg (9KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1454877721023.jpg
9KB, 100x100px
>>
File: 1465628034298.png (51KB, 974x240px) Image search: [Google]
1465628034298.png
51KB, 974x240px
>>904565
huh, its bigger on is.
>>
>>904547
YES IT IS STILL HAPPENING

is.4chan.org DOESN'T WORK VERY WELL

USE i.4cdn.org INSTEAD

I NOW HAVE TO USE A SCRIPT THAT CHANGES FROM ONE TO THE OTHER
>>
>>904560
This, asan was taking about threads that are officially not allowed now. It was not him acting alone but with all the mods, he just went further than the rest in a private warn message. He did not even ban anyone wrongly, just warn on /qa/ which is not supposed to be a place directly relevant to the rest of the site.
>>
I'm able to load images from is, slower than I would like, but it works.

It doesn't seem like it's happening to everyone.
>>
>>904555
We don't think it's not a poor reason.
He abused a tool.
Don't you think so?
>>
>>904559
In my point of view, I don't judge whether he is a good person or not.
Abusing tools is not appropriate behavior, I think.
>>
>>904564
>Why is the same image loaded on to is.4chan.org and i.4cdn.org at the same time?

At this time, load balancing is not smart enough.
>>
>>904579
May I ask when and how often this happens?
>>
>>904598
>>904596
Not being funny but isn't /pol/'s logo a nazi symbol? and didn't the rwss threads target places what where a sjw hangout? the custom message was true

and it isn't abuse, if you want to talk about abuse lets talk about swaglord shitting up /qa/ every so often and inviting [s4s]
>>
>>904605
cont. or talk about the mods who ban people when they report threads they don't want to delete
>>
>>904551

I'm a /pol/ user but i'm not happy about the decision. I think the Manager completely overreacted and Modcat deserved a warning if anything.

Do you really think this was the right way to handle this?
>>
>>904605
Could you explain why you think the custom message was not abuse?
>>
>>904596
If mods can't use that feature without getting fired then why does it still exist in the first place? Any use of it period seems to get around the rule that they to talk to other mods about public statements. So why let them do this still? They used to do custom ban/warn messages all the time, asan was just operating like how mods used to years back.

He needs to be re-taught how modding works now and it looks clear he was not, or he would not have done that knowing the consequence. So blaming him for a mistake that used to be allowed back then, is faulty. He had only been back a short time and did not get a clear grasp on how everything is now.
>>
>>904612
Because he gained nothing from it
>>
>>904579
I find i get a access denied message when I open a link through external sites i.e Twitter
>>
>>904611
If he doubt about what he does,
he should ask first before doing something.
He didn't ask.

And, he was warned to abuse the tool before.
>>
>>904621
>And, he was warned to abuse the tool before.

oh i didn't know that
>>
>>904547
It takes ages for stuff to load
>>
>>904617
Not him but you're retarded, he was indoctrinating from his own personal morals. His job is to enforce 4chan's rules. He overreached beyond what he was allowed to.
>>
>>904612

Asan only came back to moderating recently right?

In the years past when he was last active, moot allowed the mods much more freedom in their powers than what he did the last couple of years before he amended the policy and left. Back when Asan was last active, mods often used custom messages for whatever they want, as well as make custom ban lengths. He came from an age where this was perfectly acceptable behavior. Yet instead of recieving a warning about it, he was just kicked out.

I don't think that's fair for how much passion he has for this community.
>>
>>904625
are you sure you're internet just isnt shit
>>
>>904629
>I don't think that's fair for how much passion he has for this community.

I'm sure terrorists have great passion for what they do anon
>>
File: 1482384288025.jpg (31KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482384288025.jpg
31KB, 600x900px
Images load fine for me. Whatever is happening with image loading seems to happen only to people who live in certain geographic areas.
>>
>>904616
He should ask before he does.
>>
>>904630
Yes I get 60 ping to 4chan.org
>>
>>904617
What should he gain?
>>
>>904638
you sure your pc just isnt shit
>>
>>904629
Do you know why he had not been a moderator?
>>
>>904634

That's a fucking retarded comparison and you know it. What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
Could >>900277 be related to the image loading problems?
>>
By the way, here's the relevant post and image as citation so people aren't just arguing out of their asses

>>894474
http://is.4chan.org/qa/1482161970093.png
>>
>>904643
How is it?
>>
>>904612
Mods used to talk to people in public and private a lot. It's only "abuse" by current interpretation. Actually, people site wide are mad mods don't talk enough about what they are doing or why some rules are that way etc.

/pol/ people are drama queen netouyo who raised the concern for this, you should know they want to remove anyone trying to enforce any site rules on them including your staff, they fooled you into thinking this is an important thing when they really want those "fire safety" threads unbanned and nothing more.
>>
File: 1464722905423.jpg (444KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1464722905423.jpg
444KB, 1080x1920px
>>904640
>What should he gain?
Nothing, I can only assume he was trying to clear the picture for people on why the rwss threads got deleted
>>
>>904647

Comparing a guy who uses a feature to warn a user while trying to moderate a community he's passionate about compared to people who want to kill and cause mayhem for a cause they believe in? The scaling is completely off you retard.
>>
>>904648
Some people misunderstand the difference between mod's opinons and 4chan rules.
To avoid misunderstanding is the reason not to use custom messages, I think.
>>
>>904656
But the same logic is there anon, just because the situation is inflated doesn't mean the thinking and logic is differnt
>>
Why does the i,chdn server give a smaller ressize to is.4chan?
>>
>>904654
Look at how this conversation went

>you: I don't believe the fired mod abused the ban system
>hiro: why not?
>you: because he gained nothng from it

So given the context, I believe it is clear Hiro was asking you to elaborate on your understanding of the condition necessary for the mod's behavior to've been considered abuse. Faggot.

This is without addressing the fact that believing intention magically changes the moral properties of actions in themselves is retarded, kys.
>>
>>904657
>i think
You should know fucker you make the rules.
>>
>>904641
Pretty sure my hardware wouldn't effect that
>>
File: 1451179981666.jpg (123KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
1451179981666.jpg
123KB, 600x675px
>>904663
>mod abused the ban system
No he didn't he put some biases into a custom message when warning someone you fucking retard

>Hiro was asking you to elaborate on your understanding of the condition necessary for the mod's behavior to've been considered abuse

That wasn't clear in the question i got asked

>kys.
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>904667
idk anon maybe your cpu can't handle chrome
>>
>>904660

Wrong, the stakes are completely different.

At worst, you could accuse Asan of slight bias and more likely just being thoughtless.

At best, you could call terrorists misguided freedom fighters with severe cognitive dissonance.

Terrorists deal in fucking life and death; the thoughts, feelings, and methods are all tiers above some guy moderating the unlisted shitposting board of a Taiwanese art mural forum.
>>
>>904670
>>mod abused the ban system
>No he didn't he put some biases into a custom message when warning someone you fucking retard

coud it be
perhaps
that this is
*dramatic pause*
abusing the system pertaining to bans???????
>>
>>904675
Fucking cunt you're the one who got it wrong, you misworded me to make it seem like asan did more wrong than he did you fucking jew cunt
>>
>>904612
His personal claim is that he was trying to provide some sort of "helpful explanation" to users as to why their threads were being removed. His explanation was inaccurate and displayed political bias. It was a bad call.

>>904642
The first time that he left 4chan staff, it was because he caused trouble by using the 4chan warn system for personal purposes. However, I think that what happened previously can be considered differently from what happened this time:

At that time, he was using the system for purely personal reasons.

This time, he was trying to use the system for professional reasons, but made a great mistake in judgment while doing so.

Asan is a mod who had been given a "second chance," so it would make sense not to give him a third one. However, I think that this case and that case are still different in an important way, and that asan could still be a useful member of the mod team in the future if kept on a leash.
>>
>>904673
Pretty sure it isn't THAT shit
>>
>>904674
just because someone is passionate about something doesn't mean they should be let off the hook, what if someone is passionate about dubs posting, should they be let off the hook?
>>
>>904666
I believe that the purpose "To avoid misunderstanding" is important.
I'm not pretty sure whether the way is the best way or just a better way.
>>
>>904682
how many frames are you getting on chrome right now
>>
>>904678
listen m8, I don't know what you're talking about, but I apologized if I misconstrued your position. I didn't mean to, and I thought it was innocuous enough to assume you thought you mod hadn't abused the ban system, which was why you thought he should still be instated as a mod

either way, I was only vaguely following the thread, so I do apologize for any possible strawman and false equivalencies. Wasn't my intention. zz
>>
>>904657
Why does the option of custom messages exist at all then if using them is a crime worthy of being booted, because doing that is personal by nature. It seems to be a trap.

Like was said the issue is being blown up by people who thought getting him fired will get fire safety threads back on /pol/. Should asan have done it? No, but it begs the question why was he allowed to do that himself if any use of that function is so bad. It used to in fact be normal to do.

It seems he was not told how important it is not not do that which implies systemic failure on top of his own. No person would choose to get themselves fired over threads which got outlawed anyway, it would be a useless suicide achieving no different of an end result. asan must not have known current rules fully yet.
>>
>>904688
wwwwwwwwwwwwwww
no worries
>>
>>904689
>Why does the option of custom messages exist at all then if using them is a crime worthy of being booted

why does the option of bans exist at all then if its worth of being booted for
>>
>>904596
I don't see how what he did qualifies as "abusing a tool." He sent out a warning that is completely true.

By the way, I've seen and received untemplated warnings before. So this rule you claim exists is not even enforced consistently (which makes me wonder if it is even a real rule).
>>
Demote asan or make him a janitor, janitors can't do custom warns so that would guarantee he can't do that again. If he can't help himself and gets personal even as a janitor it would prove him not fit.

The fact he was a respected senior mod voluntarily asked back means he must have some useful functions.
>>
>>904683

I used to do dubs/GET posting all the time. The mods would usually just warn me funny enough. I was a persistent little shit though and they would ban me, usually only for a day though. I wasn't let off the hook, but I was given warnings and a chance to stop fucking around.

Also, you're trying to spin the meaning towards a negative way without any thought really for the situational differences. How can a dubs poster, myself included, ever post dubs for good, passionate or not?

A moderator explaining his reasoning to the many Firemen making their autistic screeching spamming threads on /qa/ asking why they're getting flagged could be for good reasons, even if said thoughtlessly. The mods devote huge amounts of free time to this shithole. Don't you think they want to leave the community in a positive way for all that work?

It's not the same thing so fuck off with your shitty comparisons.
>>
>>904685
I don't know I'm currently phonefagging but normally I don't
>>
>>904640
Too answer now that >>904663 has cleared it up

It would've been abuse if he banned the person with the custom message to shut him down, because asan then can deny him of being unbanned for a while, he then could've kept going shutting anyone down who disagreed with him, but he didn't, now I am risking making a fool of myself because I have no idea if the threads criticizing him on /qa/ got deleted but I have good hope they didn't
>>
>>904680
At this time, his purpose is not the matter.
He knows that mods have to be careful to use 4chan warn system.

He should asked other mods before he gave "helpful explanation."
It's just like "Can I use a warn system to give explanation?"
It's not heavy duty to ask something with others.

He decided not to ask anyone.
It's an important wrong decision.
Mods are working as a team.
>>
>>904700
Being passionate isn't a reason anon, you can't let someone off the hook just for being passionate
>>
>>904711
>He should asked other mods before he gave >"helpful explanation."
>It's just like "Can I use a warn system to >give explanation?"
>It's not heavy duty to ask something with >others.

So was he booted for using the custom message without permission? or was it the content of the custom message?
>>
>>904711
This is an adequate explanation, thank you Hiro.
>>
>>904689
I don't agree with your assumptions.
He knew custom messages things were a trouble worthy.
>>
>>904696
>untemplated warnings
May I see the untemplated warnings?
>>
>>904713

Yeah, but you could let someone off the hook because it's the decent thing to do. Well meaning people deserve a chance. Axing a mod for such a petty incident is bullshit when people like Troid have done and still do worse things to /u/ or the /jp/ janitor's clear bias over the years in shaping the board to his personal liking and crushing any dissenting users.
>>
>>904720
Why arn't the mods allowed to use custom messages without permission?
>>
File: bad ban.jpg (83KB, 774x307px) Image search: [Google]
bad ban.jpg
83KB, 774x307px
>>904723
Here's one.
>>
>>904732

it is >>904657
>>
>>904734
What did you do?
>>
>>904741
I don't know. That's why I have a problem with this.
>>
>>904734
What board did it happen on?
>>
>>904728
i genuinely don't care, i don't know why i've wasted my life arguing agaisnt both sides
>>
>>904723
Search through the ban's list, there are a lot that just say "Idiot Pedophile" that were filed after this change that are still active non-template bans.
>>
>>904723
If you look through some of my old bans you can probably find one. Pretty sure that time i got a 100+ day ban from every board had one.
>>
>>904598
swaglord abuses his mod powers to shitup /tv/ and /pol/ all the time Fire him too.
>>
>>904747
Like I said, I don't know! No board, no post linked, just a vague untemplated reason.
>>
Riddle me this, why is the mod invisibro aka swaglord allowed to incite raids against /qa/ (against rules) and make personal chatter (against rules) for years while asan gets booted for a warn about threads which got outlawed anyway. The only reason is /pol/ complains more. They just want the fire safety threads back and have all kinds of conspiracies brewing about staff all the time.
>>
File: ban.png (87KB, 785x276px) Image search: [Google]
ban.png
87KB, 785x276px
>>904723
Here is a custom ban message I got several weeks ago. I demand you fire the mod who did this.
>>
>>904759
hiro's top priority is to keep the reddit hordes on /pol/ happy so that the traffic doesn't slow down.
>>
>>904759
lol Anon, you're not tryin' to get lil' Jimmy Swaggart fired, are ya?
>>
>>904764
I dont think thats really an opinion
>>
>>904768
Trolling is subjective. so yes it is.
>>
>>904720
I'm pretty sure a serious contradiction in methods was pointed out, it is not a matter of opinion but logic. If using that function gets you fired now it shouldn't exist or at least not be usable without the same consensus as a public board post. This is especially true when a mod who comes from a time that function was common gets kicked for using it. There is no way he would have done that if he knew it was taken the same as "abuse".

It's like going to a store after being out of town for years and getting shot for telling a shoplifter to stop doing that because you saw him in the aisle doing it. Then they shoot the shoplifter too. The threads he got fired over are outlawed now, mods were not even in disagreement over aims but just methods.
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 2208x779px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 2208x779px
>>904768
What about this? This is definitely an opinion.
>>
>>904769
More importantly there is actually a global rule against trolling and a template that goes with it.
>>
File: 1260589591210.jpg (90KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1260589591210.jpg
90KB, 467x700px
>>904764
>I demand you fire the mod who did this
>>
>>904773
I'm pretty sure that was asan ;-;
>>
>>904775
He didn't use the template, which is the point
>>
Once again, hiro shows up, exposes what an oblivious retard he is, and vanishes.
>>
>>904742
Ban is operated by IP.
Other guy may used same IP before you.
>>
>>904794
More like he flees in terror from the inevitable shitstorm his showing up causes. He came to this thread asking about OP's image problems.
>>
>>904796
That's not that anon's problem with that ban, it is that it like the topic at hand does not follow any template and is clearly the mod's own opinion rather than any specific rule being broken.
>>
>>904796
If you want unbiased mods you needs to fire them all, starting with swaglord, and then hire some robots.
>>
>>904773
It seems not harmful.
Sensitive topics are harmful to cause misunderstandings
>>
>>904764
This ban was from I think before asan even came back. And that's a ban on a huge board. asan got fired for a warn on a board almost no one uses.

It does not check out in cross examination - it was clearly forced to be a big "issue" because of the threads it was about, people fighting to have those threads stay. On the same day those same threads in question were themselves banned by the same manager who fired asan. It does not make good sense and is a knee-jerk reaction to cover up a flaw in the mod system he exploited. The thing is, it was not a flaw at all but an intended feature in the past and is still used today.
>>
>>904803

More like, alot of the morons on /pol/ are fragile and prone to autistic screeching fits over petty things. I use /pol/ often and see how bad some of them are.
>>
>>904794
He's still dealing with messes moot left, we still haven't seen the rules clarified from the many times he's put that up to task, moot's promises about the textboards have still gone unfulfilled, and now he's taking aim at moderation for something far more trivial than the wildly varying contradicting statements that moderation has given us; especially on /a/ for things like loli, NSFW, and general threads, which all are only enforced based on what the mod on at the time is a personal fan of deleting certain threads based simply on the fact they do not like the on topic item it is about.

>>904803
There cannot be misunderstandings if there are no understandings in the first place, the rules are broad enough that what was done clearly falls within them and are often applied as such but the reaction to internal policy that is also not applied evenly is what is so visible and controversial far more than the original act.
>>
>>904803
So suddenly exceptions are okay when it's "not harmful"? Asan's warning shouldn't have been considered harmful either. It was a warning.

And, may I add, a three day ban for a vague reason is still complete bullshit.
>>
>>904809
>we still haven't seen the rules clarified from the many times he's put that up to task
He never will because he doesn't know how this site works at all. He just does whatever Manager tells him to and he's happy as long as he gets his money.
>>
>>904803
>>904796

yo hiro, some of your dogs banned my pass

here's my token 63PA1Z320K

that's no way to treat a customer, I want my pass unbanned and a written apology from the mod that did it saying he wont do it again.
>>
>>904815
>dogs
I mean mods
>>
>>904814
>as long as he gets his money
lol what money?
>>
>>904803
How was asans message harmful? im not being funny but there is some hypocrisy here, how come mods are allowed to public ban for things they dont like? /a/ had someone banned just for saying they went on reddit
>>
>>904819
hiro, not Manager.
>>
>>904815
Hiro knows you can't make every customer happy. You got banned for making inflammatory statements about muslims on /int/, and then after you got a 3 day ban for it you made a complaint thread about it on /pol/. Then you made this thread here >>904371 .

You deserved your ban((s). There are no refunds on 4chan. You're still ban evading right now. Have a nice day.
>>
>>904825
I don't want a refund I want a written apology.
>>
>>904825
https://www.4chan.org/pass
read
>>
>>904826
That's ridiculous and so are you. I hope they copypaste dump ascii horsecock to your email account.
>>
>>904829
I usually get a written apology when a service I've paid for malfunctions, that's all I want.
>>
>>904828
No matter how you try to spin it, having a pass does not make you immune to the rules.
>>
>>904831
next time don't get b&
>>
>>904833
>>904832
where's Hiro, I don't want to talk to the help that do it for free
>>
>>904831
It's america, not greece.
>>
File: 1464260091847.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464260091847.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>904832
Oh, I thought i was replying to the raging retard my bad
>>
>>904835
exactly, get me my written apology god fuckin dammit
>>
File: keksanta.png (39KB, 448x240px) Image search: [Google]
keksanta.png
39KB, 448x240px
>>904803
Hi, Hiro!
I've made a Christmas version of the Keksandra meme girl picture for you to put on the 4chan homepage! The last one was a great success!
>>
>>904837
Nobody cares what you want. Next time don't make inflammatory statements about muslims on /int/ and you won't be in the mess you're in.
>>
>>904838
Do not do this hiro
>>
>>904831
You are the one who malfunctioned, when you violated the rules and broke your terms of agreement.
>>
>>904841
t. /a/ dumdum who thought it was replacing Yotsuba
>>
hopefuly Hiro sees the treatment you give to customers and fires you all.

He's probably busy writing that apology right now.
>>
File: 1479246377923.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479246377923.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>904843
>>
>>904844
You weren't a customer anymore the moment you got banned. You violated the terms of your agreement.
>>
>>904844
To be a customer, you'd actually have to have money. But since you're Greek...
>>
>>904850
>>904849

yap yap yap, where's my apology?
>>
>>904848
benis :D
>>
>>904851
Please hold your breath while you wait for it.
>>
>>904854
I see lots of talking and no apologies :/
>>
>>904851
You need to keep pestering hiro until you get your apology.
>>
>>904856
Better get used to it, kid. BTW you're still ban evading.
>>
>>904859
>>904857

>>904851
>>
>>904860
>>884033
>>
>>904838
https://www.4chan.org/
>>
>>904881
You find new ways to disappoint me hiro, good job i have a custom css on
>>
The madman, he actually did it.
>>
>>904881
Amazing work, hiro. Kill yourself.
>>
>>904881
I love you Hiro
>>
>>904881
so...............
THIS......is the power...
of AUTISM
>>
File: 1479551523283.png (2KB, 243x25px) Image search: [Google]
1479551523283.png
2KB, 243x25px
>>904881
>>
>>904881

ur pretty good
>>
>>904884
Why you hate her?
>>
>>904903
Don't let a vocal minority get to you, Hiro
>>
>>904903
trolled hard
>>
>>904903
I think he's more disappointed that you do this kind of thing rather than address the deep seated underlying problems with the site.
>>
>>904881
>>904903
Okay, can we stop making a big deal about trivial things like that and get back to the asan issue?
>>
>>904903
hey hiro, can you change the name of [s4s] from "Sh*t 4chan Says" to "Slippery Wet Dog Poop"?
>>
>>904903
Because she's such a shit mascot, I'm pretty sure the entire site would like you more if you did something with yotsuba, you have already done a [s4s] one, it wasn't really funny the first time.

And you just keep doing stupid thing, i swear you hate this site, everytime you appear its shit news, why can't you do some fucking good for once
>>
File: The retardest faggot in history.png (619KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
The retardest faggot in history.png
619KB, 1280x800px
Hey Hiro, I kept forgetting to ask but i've wanted to know for a while now:

How funny was it when you first met moot on that nico live and he opened 4chan and it was just people making fun of him? It must have been hilarious from your perspective.
>>
>>904881
[s4s] officially owns 4chan

what a time to be alive
>>
>>904921
This post reeks of /a/. It was literally only /a/ who complained about it the first time because "muh Yotsuba". Settle down.
>>
>>904921
For example, what are "some fucking good?"
>>
>>904924
Some says:
Mr.Trump rules USA.
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>904930
How about not firing asan over trivial bullshit for one thing.
>>
>>904930
Bring back the textboards would be fucking good.
>>
>>904930
Moot
>>
>>904924
>>904932
You're the best, Hiro.
>>
>>904936
>>>/news/
>>
>>904930
Apologize to asan for being a retarded newfag.
>>
File: WHEN KANYE MET DONALD.jpg (54KB, 480x403px) Image search: [Google]
WHEN KANYE MET DONALD.jpg
54KB, 480x403px
>>904932
SO TRUE!
>>
File: image.jpg (362KB, 830x830px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
362KB, 830x830px
>>904926
BAN ALL ANIME
>>
>>904921
of course he hates this sight

there's no way the face of 4chan would be a incompetent meandering nothing. and coming from a s4s user that place is hot garbage and i don't give a shit

moots final troll was to hire an incompetent gook to control 4chan
>>
idk where else 2 ask this but my urine is green and burns shoud i get this checkde out? my mom wont pick up her phone.
>>
>>904947
Call your dad.
>>
>>904941
/news/ is only for, well, news. Why not bring back the old text boards? Surely bandwidth is not an issue here.
>>
>>904947
Try masturbating.
>>
>>904921
/a/ literally
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>904941
That's not what I mean, the old textboards, running shiichan, the ones from dis.4chan.org and all the posts that were on them.
>>
>>904930
Anything, fucking i mean it, even if its blowing a fucking fart, at least it shows you're a tiny bit interested in this site.

god i miss moot
>>
File: 1461716346852.webm (333KB, 1066x595px) Image search: [Google]
1461716346852.webm
333KB, 1066x595px
>>904932
/pol/ approves of this
>>
>>904962
.cont

Wheres the fucking donation messages as well, you still havn't done that yet
>>
>>904952
What do you want to talk on text boards?
>>
>>904981
Why not?
>>
>>904981
Tablecats, secret areas, programming while wearing women's clothes, whatever /lounge/ scum talked about, all the old stuff.
>>
>>904981
Images can take away from the discussion. They do not always, but having no images makes it easier to have real conversation and talking
>>
>>904981
/lang/
There's a good one, we used to have a /lang/ board for language discussion, it got deleted before you started banning the DJT threads on /a/, it would be worth it to bring it back, it even had good resources and userbase.
>>
>>904981
/lang/ would be nice, since the daily japanese thread drama

or just do something random hiro, like /lim/ everyone has to post in limericks or they get banned
>>
>>904988
I would like to know why /news/ is not sufficient.
>>
File: 1481757878462.jpg (868KB, 1920x2373px) Image search: [Google]
1481757878462.jpg
868KB, 1920x2373px
>>904711
>Mods are working as a team.
That's the problem if the team as a whole is negligent. This creates the major issue of inaction we have been seeing more and more of if moderators need a consensus to deal with issues like /pol/'s raid threads. And it took Modcat acting unilaterally to actually get the staff to look into it.

Also, why do you refuse to write in proper English on this board when we all have seen you are capable of it on other websites like Twitter?
>>
File: 1420238299715.jpg (434KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1420238299715.jpg
434KB, 800x800px
>>904995
Did you not read all the replies people just gave you?
>>
>>904995
Because news is only about news...
>>
>>904981
>>904995
/news/ is not a random board, what does it have to do with the old text boards? We would like to discuss other topics besides news.
>>
can /qa/ get a janitor since our only savior asan is now gone
>>
>>904995
One thing that just came to mind. Do you know about the post timers? You probably don't have to deal with them but what they are is a timer that counts down to 0 everytime you make a post, and you can't post again during that time. Most boards have a 60 second post timer, and there are some special boards like /vg/ that have more or less. /pol/'s timer is only 15 seconds last I checked for no reason. If you change it to the usual 60 seconds, the quality of the board will increase a lot, because if people can post left often they might put a bit more thought into their posts. Consider it if you actually care about /pol/.
>>
>>905026
>because if people can post left often they
If people can post less* often
>>
>>905026
I hope you mean less and not left because that is quite a grave mistake in regards to /pol/. That is not necessarily true in any case as with /b/ it was tried once to set the post timers to 10 minutes so people would have to think about their posts before making them, as much as I would like to see this happen again to /b/ simply because I do not like the board I cannot say it lead at that time to a long term increase in post quality, simply more annoyance for the user making them angrier rather than more thoughtful.
>>
File: kareha.png (259KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kareha.png
259KB, 1280x1024px
>>904995
I like /news/ very much but I think people are asking for the old BBS style textboards like pic related
>>
>>905026
Please for the love of god hiro do this, /pol/ is way too fast
>>
>>905045
Yeah, I typo'd. And 1 minute isn't inconvenient at all. Most boards have it and they don't complain, so even if it increases the quality by a tiny little bit, it is so worth it. And there's nothing to lose from this either.
>>
>>905045
>>904809
>>904805
>>904680
Based on your writing style I'd like to ask what your position is on 4chan since it's clearly someone with insider information or a mod who is pretending to be an anon helping to guide the conversation as Hiro needs it.

Also
>asan got fired for a warn on a board almost no one uses.
>board almost no one uses
>/pol/
I would like you to clarify your statement.
>>
>>905089
Not him, but look at the fucking screencap. The warn was on /qa/.
>>
>>905089
It was on /qa/
>>
>>905089
Not the guy you're talking to, but that warning was on /qa/, not /pol/.
>>
>>905089
Asan's warning was on /qa/ anon.

Two different people there, I (>>905045,>>904809) have never had any official position as a member of the 4chan staff, and almost certainly never will for a myriad of transgressions only a recent few of which will be immediately apparent to any privileged onlookers. However I have been around a long time and have been good at keeping my ear to the door since DRAMABOMB happened, and have a vested interest keeping 4chan a sustainable place for people like myself who do not want it to be ruled by robots disconnected from the zeitgeist and culture.
>>
File: 111.png (1KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
1KB, 300x100px
It's disgraceful that a man who is such an integral part of 4chan that he's in one of our banners would be kicked off the mod team over something harmless.
>>
>>905089
>Based on your writing style I'd like to ask what your position is on 4chan since it's clearly someone with insider information
Only >>904680 is me, and none of it is insider information. asan wrote enough about the current incident in /qa/ and #4chan for anyone to publish a short book about it, and the previous incident was common knowledge.

I was hoping to "guide the conversation" into Hiroyuki reconsidering asan's dismissal, but it seems like it's not going to happen.
>>
>>905144
If /pol/ can refuse to shut up until Hiro changes something, we can do the same.
>>
>>905127
>>905095
>>905097
>>905098
I'm lookin for this image, don't see it one where Asan gives a warning.
>>
>>905178
>>904646
>by the way here's the relevant post and image citation
>>
>>905188
>>905188
>Embedded image
>On an image board
For what purpose?
>>
File: 1464164421409.png (283KB, 564x471px) Image search: [Google]
1464164421409.png
283KB, 564x471px
>>905133
the sad part is most people wont understand that banner
>>
Also would this be considered a shitposting thread since it's clearly /pol/ leaking

>>>/v/361527191
>>
>>905239
Yes but no one cares since it's /v/.
>>
>>904803
See this is what happens when you have a Japanese admin. Because of course ONLY A JAPANESE would think Neo-Nazi hate is a "sensitive topic"
Go kamikaze yourself
>>
>>904881
your a nice admin :^)

Also flags on /asp/ pls.

No.

Okay.
>>
>>905257
That's a good point. What the fuck? Is Hiro seriously giving the okay to Neo-Nazis of all things?
There's freedom of speech and then there's this.
>>
>>904881
WEW never saw that this was a request from here

the absolute madman, back at it again!!!!
>>
Ban trap threads on /r9k/ pls, Hiro.

LGBT posters have their own board >>>/lgbt/ and we Robots do not want them shilling on /r9k/.

Nothing wrong with LGBT 4channers though. We just don't want them spamming /r9k/ with copy and paste garbage.
>>
>>905268
What's up with these very fake replies to that post?
>>
>>905281
"very fake"? You realize Keksandra is []s4s's mascot, right?
>>
>>904881
Arigatou gozaimasu, Hiro-san!
>>
>>905286
They just seem heavily manufactured with "the absolute madman" and stuff.
>>
>>905277
he wont do it

my home board is s4s and even there they manage to infect us. you can't stop them, they're just annoying shitty humans who take their garbage with them wherever they go

but r9k shit is anyway so who cares. it's full of failed males so traps belong there. they failed, and you failed if you wnt to fuck one
>>
>>905294
you've clearly never been to essfouress
>>
>>905297
Who the fuck still uses /s4s/ anymore? I tried to post a thread there once and I got zero replies.

/r9k/ is actually telling them to fuck off every time they shill there. I've only seen one thread get deleted though but it appears the mods stopped the traps from making a general since /r9k/ has no topic.
>>
>>905301
Not lately, no. Is >>905292 also from that board?
>>
>>905303
fair enough but keep in mind traps are highly neurotic attention seeking individuals with a victim complex of sorts, they're like a petulant furfag or troll - voicing your disgust for them only eggs them on

the only logical play is not to start the game.
>>
>>905294

s4s culture is a quilt stitched together from stuff that's ironic to like, which is then wrapped around, i don't know, something ironic

as you can see, my analogy failed
>>
>>905318
>Neurotic attention seeking individuals

Which is precisely why we don't want them on /r9k/. Every trap thread on that board always ends up devolving into an attention whore contest full of white knights asking for pics and contact info.

That is generally against the rules on /r9k/, hence why we don't like trap threads.
>>
>>905327
s4s is nothing more than a place full of namefags looking for notoriety all day and the same dozen or so threads reposted

nothing is good about it. it's the antithesis of creativity. it dares to parade itself as the haven of irony but it's just anime, trap doujins and a bunch of random images of animals
>>
>>904981
Because, while they had some overlapping topics, there was stuff that wasn't covered with the image boards. Also images can clutter conversation.

Please look at https://archive.tinychan.org/vip for an archive of all the textboards. It's live so posts after 2014 are not from 4chan.
>>
>>905332
>it's the antithesis of creativity

no shit lmao, but you're taking it way too seriously/ You do understand what irony is, right? it is literally inherently a level about sincerity
>>
>>904947
>>>/adv/ >>>/b/ >>>/trash/
>>
>>905335
He's a dumdum who hasn't flipped over to the [s4s] interface
>>
>>905335
level above* sincerity

as in, it's not sincere... irony acknowledges, sincerity then plays with the idea
>>
>>904995
Because it still allows images and isn't random. Also my thread won't be alive when I come back 5 years later.
>>
>>905335
I take personal offense because I'm a fan of surrealism, post-irony and pure sincerity but s4s is just a cacophony of..vapid noise. It has no humor, it doesn't need to exist. Nothing is to be gained from it

I know I'm the faggot for thinking it was something it was not but I'm still let down, it had potential to be good.
>>
>>905342
s4s is the product of its environment
>>
Okay, since this thread isn't going anywhere, can someone tell me what that "Masquerade" thing is from? It looks like a video game but I can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>905364
I am literally just guessing, but perhaps it is from Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines. It's a highly-rated game so i guess people think it's good i guess, but i believe if you break a Vampire law or something, you get a permanent tick against you, and if you get a certain amount you lose the game. I assume it's that.
>>
>>905370
You seem to be correct. I've heard good things about that game but never tried it. I'd probably like it.
>>
>>905374
it's a cult classic mane
>>
File: 1472147884055.png (263KB, 484x484px) Image search: [Google]
1472147884055.png
263KB, 484x484px
>"Another thread completely derailed and abandons, good job i changed the logo so shitposters praise me"
>>
>>905415
He communicated a helluvalot though. Where did you feel he failed, besides his eventually leaving, which I feel should be understandable?
>>
>>905267
He was sympathetic to right wingers when he ran 2ch too
But of course the coward wont admit it
>>
>>904926
>only /a/ cares about yotsuba as the mascot in this day and age

what a time to be alive
>>
>>905415
I can always tell someone is British by the way they use the phrase "good job."

>>905417
I'd say the post >>904796 where he couldn't fucking explain a ban and just said "Well maybe it was a different IP" when that had nothing to do with the matter at hand was a pretty huge failing on his part.
>>
>>905422
>I can always tell someone is British by the way they use the phrase "good job."

wow, i had to take the bins out. im about to go back to bed
>>
>>905424
As an American, it's highly confusing to me that "dinner" and "supper" are two different things.
>>
>>905422
>I'd say the post >>904796 where he couldn't fucking explain a ban and just said "Well maybe it was a different IP" when that had nothing to do with the matter at hand was a pretty huge failing on his part.

I think you're looking at that post out of context.

Hiro asked for an example of an "untemplated warning". This is all told in the conversation, by the way. So anon replied with a screenshot of one.

Hiro asked what that anon did to incur the ban, the anon replied he doesn't know. So hiro replied that given that the poster knows not what post(s) of his could've possibly incurred the ban, that maybe the ban was for someone else, and perhaps the aforementioned anon merely came upon the ip.

Do you see? It's not that Hiro "couldn't fucking explain a ban." In fact, the conversation's only purpose was enlightening Hiro of "untemplated warnings" being real, to which Hiro silently conceded is in fact real. He can only interpret one's literally having no idea how they got a ban as one way, so he responded in that one way. If that's the biggest perceived failure of Hiro you believe he's done ITT, i think he's been pretty good at communicating with us, the users of the site he admins, then.

inb4 some dismissive reply of some sort, i don't know. I always feel vulnerable submitting long posts on 4chan now cause there are many more socially-acceptable ways to safely (in regards to the community) dismiss arguments now.
>>
>>904803
Hello friend,

This is my first time talking to you, so I'd like to say "thank you" for the second chance last month of extending the offer of the moderator position back to me after the five year absence from this site. It's my understanding that, as always, the core moderator team has been operating under tight conditions, and the opportunity to step in and contribute to the goal of peaceful and good moderation was appreciated, since I love this site and have always been proud to call it my home on the internet.

To my knowledge, the only people who had spoken to me about the issue which had resulted in my dismissal from the moderation program were:

- The 4chan moderator manager dating from 2005, who advised me via IRC PM to be careful about what I say in #4chan about the issue (see pastebin below), and suggested that I stick to templates when performing bans for the rule-breaking content in /pol/. I agreed to this.
- The 4chan moderator/janitor manager, who jumped at me via IRC PM directly after my other conversation and accused me of having a personal bias in my moderation. I denied this, but apologized and promised to never use custom ban messages again. I did not get a response.

The second manager did not see any of this conversation in the public IRC channel. Here is the conversation: http://pastebin.com/7hTPtMnu
>>
>>904803

I have posted on /qa/ the general ideas behind what happened from my perspective. I do not know if you have seen them. The thread has been archived, but it is here: >>899157 I list many resources in that thread, including a record of an offsite board called /rwss/, where the posters deliberately state that their intent of posting those threads was to drag people through the legal system and harass them. 4chan's global rules prohibit the posting of personal information and incitement of raids. This rule has been invoked before in the context of SWATTING, where users make fraudulent claims to law enforcement against people they do not like.

Also in that thread, are records of other public conversation, which predate my first moderator action. From the conversation in the thread linked above, between FireMarshal and ALTERNATIVE, BEAM and I_AM_ABIB, the same rule against on-board recruitment of off-site or real-life politically-motivated action has been applied.

I have suggested that a nuance has been overlooked in this case. Note that of the bans in /pol/, every single one of them that I filed was for either posting a new rule-breaking thread in /pol/, or posting IN an existing thread about being a participant in the rule-breaking action. I was never consulted about these bans or deletions, because they are consistent with other moderator action that both predates my own, as well as existing at the same time and even after mine. I was not acting unilaterally from the perspective of the moderator team. Furthermore, the template ban text was always present in the ban given to the users who broke the rules. I did not file bans because people express a different political opinion than mine; that would be horrific and dystopian. I ignored hundreds, thousands, of posts on /pol/ that express opinions that I personally do not hold.
>>
>>904803

The reason I can do my job without bias is because for its entire existence, the userbase of 4chan has been using racism, bigotry, sexism, homophobia, and other things that we do not tolerate outside of the site in wider society, as a shibboleth to mark "in-group" participation and like-mindedness. 4chan, as a whole, has never been these things; it is a wide and varied community composed of people who just like to post words on the internet to each other and have fun. In other words, it's ironic. People on /pol/ post threads about "nigger hate" and "the cunning (((Jew)))" and "HOW MANY SHEKELS DID YOU BUY THE SITE FOR" and other such outmoded caricatures NOT because they actually believe it, but because by DOING SO they keep people out who would normally complain and nitpick about the trappings of the conversation rather than the meaning and inner workings of the culture. It is fake. It is a fiction, and it is not real because it is the Internet and the Internet is not as real or important as people outside of 4chan like to pretend it is. The posters on /pol/, when they are expressing opinions on /pol/ that are abhorrent OUTSIDE of /pol/, are not breaking sitewide rules when they are discussing topics that simply use the words that polite society denies them the opportunity to use in the context of real life. I have understood this principle since the night of Sunday, April 11, 2004, when I sat down to browse 4chan /b/ for the first time on my laptop after having returned from a weekend trip to my parents' house back to my college dorm room, and participated in the festival of posting. I learned a lot about the internet from that time, including about 2ch and Futaba. (By the way, to everybody confused about why hiro is suggesting /news/ as a textboard: look up /news4vip/. That 2ch BBS operates exactly the same.)
>>
>>904803

I had been a successful moderator on 4chan from the years 2004 to 2011. During that time, I assisted both visibly and invisibly from both moderator and user perspectives as the site underwent drastic increases in public visibility and transformed from a small hobbyist Futaba clone into a well-known and highly-trafficked website with wide public recognition and far-reaching influence on society. By that point, nearly everyone between a certain age bracket on the English-language internet had either been a user of this site in the past or is currently a user of this site. It is massive, and it has been massive for a number of years now. Along with that growth has come a certain level of maturity to the problem of how we have historically handled user interaction. We had to become very careful to consider the time and place of any and all public user interaction, but at that time the website existed as a self-contained island and its boundaries did not extend off-site. Nothing that occurred on the boards had any real context off the boards outside of the general ideas that were exchanged.

To address the warning in /qa/, once again in this thread, I submit that the custom text was a direct answer to the question of "why are our threads specifically against the rules of No Offsite Raiding or Personal Information?" It was not a punitive action. The "warning" was addressing the claim that the posters had, in the thread, that their actions were noble and good.
>>
>>904803

To use a real-world example, consider a case of bullying. Two children, a boy and a girl, are bullying another young girl, without being seen by an adult. They are pushing her face into the mud, and calling her names, and hitting her. After they do this, they rinse her with a hose so that she is clean and give her fresh clothes. If an adult sees the girl after the bullying, they see a clean victim. She can not point to any mud as proof that this has taken place. However, the adult has seen such bullying before, and the two children who did it make excuses that they are innocent and there is no proof because there is no mud on her clothes or her face. But the mud is on her soul instead, and it is the responsibility of the adult in the situation to recognize the underlying signs of the reasoning why they know this has happened. Maybe it's because the adult themselves had been a perpetrator of bullying in the past, and recognizes the same spirits, even though the excuse is new and different. Regardless, a similar thing occurs here.

The threads were created, and perpetuated under a context that suggested the aim of doing so was explicitly to harm people they did not like. There is a long history in this country of conservative activists using the police and state authorities to harass and intimidate people who do not look like them, or talk like them, or who are otherwise different. I know that this is the same everywhere in all societies, and it is not unique to the United States; but regardless, it can still be considered bullying. There are many examples of this behavior throughout history. I understand that none of the people who take action honestly believe themselves to be "evil" or "bad". These terms are useless when discussing the real-life nuance and interpersonal difference we all share. Nobody gets up in the morning and decides to deliberately be a jerk to other people, I believe. We all want to Do The Right Thing whenever we can.
>>
>>904803

The reason the warning was given on /qa/, to a particular user, not publicly or on /pol/, was because the user who asked the question "why?" was looking for the reason why "calling the cops on maker spaces" was considered enough of a harassment to be considered a problem of bullying and disruptive rather than an act of altruism or true civic duty. Because if it really was altruistic, then the list of spaces would not have come solely from queer websites and young artist collectives. The fact is that, across most cultures, the artistic community has always been socially progressive and tolerant, as well as skewing younger; for generations, the organs of local, state and federal law enforcement have been used against these people for a long long time.

There were only a few users on /pol/ who wanted the threads to exist. Most users did not care. Of the users who did care, there were some who ACTIVELY wanted to perpetuate the threads DESPITE the moderators saying "no", and were breaking the rules by posting them despite them being deleted and banned. I was not the first person to take action here, and I was also not the last to take action here. There were also some who casually participated BELIEVING that the threads were okay when they were not being deleted. I did not take any action against the casual users, and I do not believe any other moderators did either.
>>
>>904803

Also, I did ask the rest of the mod team for their opinions on the entire matter. I was ignored. Here is a pastebin of my comments in the mod channel. The threads were being flooded at the time, janitors were deleting them and ban requesting them, AND other moderators were filling the ban requests at the time I posted these words. I have removed all surrounding context, to prevent revealing sensitive information, but anyone who was connected to that channel may privately verify this with you. http://pastebin.com/vYsThDzc

The warning in /qa/ was a mistake. It was a mistake because outside of its context of answering the specific question of "why are these threads against the rules, even though they claim to be noble?", it is easy to focus on the language in the custom message and have the user's own political bias misrepresent the scope and nature of the communication. I have owned up to this, and resolved immediately to never do such a thing again in the future. The threads were against the rules because they were posting lists of real-world locations and trying to call the authorities on people they disagree with, without proof, and because on other websites they were admitting that it was for reasons of their own political bias, and the ban template was sufficient to convey this. I did not ban users for my own bias, but because of the things they said directly.
>>
>>904803

For the entirety of my previous moderation term, "warnings" were considered to be ephemeral, neutral messages and not actions motivated by punishment; also, upon viewing and acceptance, the message would be deleted. At the time that I used the warning, it was under this mode of thinking, that there were no rules being broken in the post itself, but that it was intended to simply be a single-user response to a single-user specific question in a way that illuminated the underlying thought process in the interest of transparency. There have been concerns from the userbase for many years now about the perceived opacity of the moderators; and I also submit that one reason why my name is so particularly known and that my absence from the site was so noticeable that users continued to ask for my reinstatement for five years after I had left of my own volition was because the attitude I took to be transparent, honest, open, fair, and unbiased in my application of all 4chan rules was welcome and desired by the users of this site.

However, I do understand that, in this case, if the custom text was not used, there would have been no issue of misinterpretation of intent. I understood this reality immediately upon seeing the reaction from the user in question, apologized to everyone on staff who asked me about it, and also decided immediately that I would not apply the tool without deeper consideration again.

Thank you for your time in reading my lengthy response.
>>
That was quite well-put, Anonymous-san. I hope Hiro actually reads your posts.

It bothers me to learn that Hiro is so distant with the mod team of his own website to the extent that he apparently did not talk to you directly about this decision and (presumably) just took the manager's word for it on everything. Especially considering you did attempt to communicate with the mods about it and Hiro did not seem to know that.

I don't like this system where it seems like only one or two people have any real sway on the site, and the admin accepts their words without question. Bit of a "Wormtongue" situation, if you ask me.
>>
>>905520
there are no rules "against on-board recruitment of off-site or real-life action" you fucking retard

kill yourself
>>
>>905521
>le /pol/ is ironic and i define what others do and why they do it

you are human cancer

typical pseud leftist
>>
>>905524
>LE BULLYING ANECDOTE

holy FUCKING shit how did someone with as severe autism as you even mod this site for as long as you did?

holy fucking hell man LMAO
>>
>>905524
>...perpetuated under a context that suggested the aim of doing so was explicitly to harm people they did not like

you are absolutely full of shit

the building that burned down and killed all those degenerate faggot leftists has spurred further action both irl and on 4chan

the aim of the threads, though much schadenfreude was taken from them, would ultimately end up helping said degenerate denizens

it's called "tough love", and im sorry you weren't raised well enough to understand that concept
>>
>>905525
>Because if it really was altruistic, then the list of spaces would not have come solely from queer websites and young artist collectives.

where else are they going to get the lists from? doesn't make it not altruistic. see my previous post about tough love.

>The fact is that, across most cultures, the artistic community has always been socially progressive and tolerant, as well as skewing younger; for generations, the organs of local, state and federal law enforcement have been used against these people for a long long time.

you are sperging like an actual mentally ill libarts student now rofl. truly a pathetic sight to behold. glad you're gone.

>There were only a few users on /pol/ who wanted the threads to exist. Most users did not care

they were actually getting pretty popular and generating some top tier OC. once again, you're full of shit.
>>
thanks /pol/
>>
>>905526
> it is easy to focus on the language in the custom message and have the user's own political bias misrepresent the scope and nature of the communication.

more leftist squirming and non-words
>>
>>905527
you fucked up big time and made 4chan itself look bad in the eyes of its biggest and most influential board, /pol/

you're not coming back

/pol/ wins, you lose

also, nice vpn samefag >>905547
you stupid nigger coon
>>
>>905569
Yeah I agree. Not reading that massive fuckoff wall of text divided into like six, but

>it is easy to focus on the language in the custom message

this means nothing- you just pulled an empty claim out of your urethra supported by no logic, yet you spout it as fact

>and have the user's own political bias misrepresent the scope and nature of the communication.

Department of Redundancy Department is on the case. But besides that, he is just saying "ur wrong, lmao" in a lot of words and redundant words- literally just baseless claims pulled out of his urethra, supported by no proposed logic, yet spouted as fact

arsehole. Is this supposed to be a former mod? He's a faggot, he literally thinks empty claims saying that he has a correct opinion are a valid argument. He is exactly the type to say "you are irrational and i win the argument" in different words when cornered in argument when he can't even attempt to conceive a reason to disagree.
>>
>>905570
no 4chan user cares what twitter niggers think about 4chan
>>
>>905572
yes and if you look at the irc pastebin: http://pastebin.com/7hTPtMnu

you can see alot of the mods are similar

maybe hiro needs to clean house a bit and get some actual based mods who respect freedom of speech because they're not mentally ill leftists who think they know better
>>
>>905576
freedom of speech has never been and will never be a component of 4chan's moderation, you'd know this if you had heard about it before summer 2014
>>
>>905579
>le private company? le who cares about freedom of anything lele! freedom more like freedont!

kill yourself you reddit tier faggot
>>
>>905580
nice reddit spacing satyadev
>>
>>905582
>reddit spacing

nice reddit meme
>>
>>905582
>>905583
what the fuck is this conversation

No idea what you guys are talking about but i feel there is a fundamental failure here to actually communicate why you both disagree with each other

4chan has the deepest lore. but is also shit, judging by this conversation. kill yourselves. drink bleach
>>
File: IMG_1835.png (117KB, 1050x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1835.png
117KB, 1050x525px
>>905527
To put things in context, here is the custom message of the warning, at length:

> "Fire Safety" threads are an attempt to misuse public resources as a blunt instrument against marginalised communities; it is not about preventing fire code violations, it is about neo nazis using the bureaucracy of state institutions to harass the LGBT community

My opinion is that ModCat got fired because:

1) there was already this conspiracy that mod team was infiltrated. Unfounded, we know, but gaining traction because of either fake screenshots of off site people saying they had a mod on "their side"
2) some of the screenshots from off site people pissed by the DIY threads said they would bring the complaints to /qa/ to get the mods to do something and so they did (see >>884655 and >>882472)
3) lo and behold, mods started doing something, more likely out of the unwanted media attention those threads were already gathering. This something was banning the thread and the users involved. (fair IMO, their site their discretion)
4) that, of course, made the paranoid people from /pol/ even more paranoid that there was really a mod on the take
5) roles are reversed and now it's /pol/ coming to /qa/ to complain. User gets a warning and it's that particular one from ModCat

Now, here lies the problem. The rest of the post doesn't match the content or the tone of the offending threads at all.

There was absolutely no focus on marginalized groups or LGBT at all.

Also, except for a very small proportion, there was no relation to neo nazis in those threads, not anymore that anything done by the left has relation to Antifa.

All that made ModCat message to look very partisan, political and unrelated to the threads in question. It also made ModCat look like the "infiltrated staff" from the conspiracy.

My opinion is that it was all an unfortunate timing for that message all while there was already a conspiracy of staff infiltration brewing and a message of clear partisan content
>>
>>905584
kys le nigger cuck xD
>>
>>905584
i hope you stub your toe stupid head
>>
File: IMG_1797.png (223KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1797.png
223KB, 480x480px
>>905527
> in a way that illuminated the underlying thought process in the interest of transparency

Did you really believe saying "those threads are neo nazis harassing LGBT communities" when you issue the warning? If so, why so?

After the through back and forth we had at that other thread do you still believe that?

Those threads were not for neo Nazis and not for harassment of LGBT unless you play the six degrees of separation game of

> Fire Safety threads target DIY spaces -> the left has LGBT supporters -> DIY are predominantly used by the left -> DIY are predominantly LGBT ==> Fire safety threads target LGBT

Those threads, considering it took a real fire code violation evidence a and a real person making a real phone call, were 99% light hearted fun and creation of funny images (like pic related)

Of course /pol/ being what it is you can always find the exception in the thread but the heart of it was that
>>
>>905595
>six degrees of separation game
I like that you've probably never heard of this phrase until a mod used it so you decided to use it yourself to try and sound smart. And you still fucked up the usage.
>>
>>905600
>Six degrees of separation is the theory that anyone on the planet can be connected to any other person on the planet through a chain of acquaintances that has no more than five intermediaries.

so even in its original use it was meaningless retardation

there is no reason to disallow the safety squad threads, there is no rule written against them. the current excuses used are thin "i dont like them"s from obviously leftist mods
>>
>>905600
Well, I used it specifically because it is the same reason mods gave to say those threads were off topic (not politics) unless you used that stretch and it is the very same stretch people are using to say Fire Safety threads harassed LGBT communities.

Any comment on the content of my post tho?
>>
>>903669
HIROMOOT

Is this why every image i try to open says 404 when i know it's not? Fuck this shit, it's annoying as all hell.
>>
>>905519
>>905520
>>905521
>>905523
>>905524
>>905525
>>905526
>>905527

too good for this world
>>
>>905760
fuck off modcat
>>
>>905769
i wish
>>
>STILL damage controlling with these whiny walls of text

Please just reinstate this man already he's at a risk of drowning in his own tears at this rate.
>>
>>905769

He is no longer a mod.
-
;
'
"

Now he is just a cat.
>>
>>904881
Y E S
E
S
>>
>>904981
Japanese literature
/lang/
Programming
Text memes
Meme fanfiction
Greentext stories (How about a text board with the /r9k/ robot?)
Science
>>
>>905806
>Japanese literature
>>>/lit/
>Languages
>>>/trv/
>Programming
>>>/g/
>Text memes?
>>>/s4s/
>Greentext stories
>>>/r9k/
>Science
>>>/sci/

Why do we need text boards when we have image boards anyways? Do images derail discussion?
>>
File: patchy SICP 3.jpg (330KB, 2362x2362px) Image search: [Google]
patchy SICP 3.jpg
330KB, 2362x2362px
>>905806

/lang/ and /prog/ at least need to make a comeback.
>>
>>905178
Even the screenshot rapeape used says fucking "/qa/".
http://desuarchive.org/qa/thread/894474/#894474
>>
>>904796
Even if that ban is supposed to be for someone else it's still a shitty custom message, don't you think?
>>
>>905519
Holy shit, you're telling me there's two mod managers and one acted without even talking to the older one?

How is Hiroyuki fucking allowing this?
>>
>>904995
>>904981
>>904995
>>904981
>>904941
>>904932
>>904930
>>904903
>>904881

Get to it Hiro.

>>904815
>>
>>905825
>How is Hiroyuki fucking allowing this?
He's too stupid to do anything about it by himself.
>>
>>905825
You guys should read up the relevant threads, it is literally the first sentence of the announcement at >>894474

> Hiro and I have discussed the matter, and as a result the mod responsible for
>>
>>905846
Did you even read my post and A-san's? There's two managers, Hiroyuki only talked to the one who's, ironically enough, biased against him.
>>
>>905850
Is that a democracy where Hiro and the two managers are equals or a benevolent dictatorship where Hiro call the shots with the manager as advisors and enforcers?

If it is the second (and I believe it is) I don't see why bringing the second advisor for a clear cut decision like that would be necessary.

Unless you are starting from the assumption ModCat was unfairly fired but that's for speculation only now.
>>
>>905595
>light hearted fun
>/pol/
Pick one
>>
>>905526
>Also, I did ask the rest of the mod team for their opinions on the entire matter. I was ignored. Here is a pastebin of my comments in the mod channel. The threads were being flooded at the time, janitors were deleting them and ban requesting them, AND other moderators were filling the ban requests at the time I posted these words. I have removed all surrounding context, to prevent revealing sensitive information, but anyone who was connected to that channel may privately verify this with you. http://pastebin.com/vYsThDzc

Doesn't this fly in the face of Big Lip Hiro's claim that Modcat didn't attempt to consult the moderator staff?
>>
>>905907
ModCat didn't get fired for banning the threads, he was in the right in that matter.

He got fired for making a political statement using the collective voice of the staff (the warning message) to push a politically charged message that was not even related directly to the rules he was enforcing
>>
>>904612
the ban was justified
>>
>>905919
>>904621
>>
>>905809
>Do images derail discussion?
Yes, haven't you been here long enough to notice?

/g/ differes immensely from what /prog/ was, look through some archives. There's no equivalent to /sjis/, /lounge/ or the older /vip/ and textboards, at least the type that were implemented in the past, provide a different type of conversation than is available on imageboards.
>>
>>904720
>He knew custom messages things were a trouble worthy.
This was not explained to me. The vast majority of the bans I carried out used the template system. The majority of the orientation I received was in the how-to of how all of the buttons and knobs worked on the backend. It was assumed that my judgment was sound enough to moderate effectively due to my years of prior experience; and, outside of this one incident involving /pol/, there had been no prior issues with my moderation outside of one instance where the manager gave me a heads up to downgrade an image I had flagged as child pornography, IN a thread about child pornography.

Also, I came from a time period where there were no ban templates at all, all messages were typed in ad-hoc, and "warnings" were not considered to be official 4chan team policy. The behavior of the moderators was far more relaxed, because the site in general was also far more relaxed. This experience has clearly demonstrated the differences to me and I had resolved to act accordingly in the future.

>>904711
> He decided not to ask anyone. It's an important wrong decision. Mods are working as a team.
I did ask, hours before the incident took place, see >>905520. If the moderation staff is supposed to be a team, and is supposed to gather consensus opinion before taking action against troubles that take place on the board, then how is it supposed to react quickly enough to evolving situations?

>>904680
>The first time that he left 4chan staff, it was because he caused trouble by using the 4chan warn system for personal purposes.
It's important to note that I was not fired for that, and over the same AIM conversation that I had with moot he mentioned that the userbase was more upset that I had LEFT than that I had supposedly DONE anything. moot didn't let me back on afterwards because I had gone out of my way to tell him I wanted to leave of my own will. Also, moot and I had remained friends for the years afterwards.
>>
>>905809
>Do images derail discussion?
Images are a crutch, especially reaction faces.
>>
>>905525
those threads are ok you SJW faglord
>>
>>904711
There have been many, many times where users have done problematic things on the boards and there has only been one moderator awake to deal with it. Half of the point of a moderator is not just to delete/ban users for breaking rules, it is to steer discussion productively away from topics that cause conflict. Sometimes, a moderator needs to come into a thread and say "Stop misbehaving". You yourself do so. The manager does so. For at least ten years on this site, moderators also did so. Moderators on literally every single other discussion forum on the internet have this as a major component of their toolbox.

I can understand that nuance is important and that it is also important to use consistency wherever possible when taking PUNITIVE action, taking things AWAY from users. Banning someone removes their ability to interact with the site; in the past, users were not even able to VIEW the site once they were banned, though I believe that nowadays they are able to view but not post. Either way, the purpose of warnings when they were created by coda in 2005 was to provide a layer of interaction between the moderators and the userbase that was neither strictly public enough to serve as a capcoded moderator post, yet also not RULE-BREAKING in-and-of-itself to warrant receiving a ban from the site for the post.

If moderators can't come into a board, or thread, size up the situation, and put their foot down saying "this is bad, don't do this" or "let's talk about this other topic instead", then people will only see posts being REMOVED removed from the site; the only evidence they will have of bans being considered as moderator action would be through people evading bans to post screenshots (which is, itself, against the rules of the site and warrants yet another ban for evasion).

The site's userbase has become frustrated with the fact that moderators do not communicate as it is. Barriers complicate this.
>>
>>905930
> the ban was justified
All of them, except for one (the one mentioned at >>894474) not even a ban but a warning with an unrelated message). That one exception got him fired
>>
>>905554
It's off topic on /pol/
>>
>>905993
Can you address these questions at >>905595

In short: did you believe at the time those threads were neo nazis harassing LGBT?

After the whole discussion do you believe it now?
>>
>>905996
Jesus christ read the fucking thread(s?).
That one warning was literally an answer to someone asking what was wrong with the threads or whatever here on /qa/.
>>
>>905554
Raids and activism are against the rules
>>
>>906001
Do you honestly think anybody would come in here and publicly admit that they were using the website to fuck with people? I don't even think MOST of the people who participate in the threads honestly intend to harm others. However, there is/was enough circumstantial evidence both on this site and off-site to suggest that an ulterior motive, a "value-added benefit", if you will, was the intimidation of leftist, including queer, artists working in maker spaces. If this was not the case, then why is it that so many of those commenting to say "The threads weren't bad! We were helping people" has done so *including* the observation that "Sure, we primarily targeted lefties, but it was for their own good! I don't want them to *die*, after all!" as if that somehow absolved them of the simple fact that they were trying to use this website to collect internet people and take mass action to call the authorities on people -- opening a case file, logging hours investigating, dispatching personnel, sending equipment onsite, having to schedule appointments, increasing administrative paperwork, ironically spending taxpayer dollars -- just on the off chance that they MIGHT find someone out there who was operating a makerspace that was not fully up to code, and basing the entirety of their lists of who to narc on based on the fact that they were queer and leftist-oriented. That is a political action, and it is a harassment action. It was against the global site rules for incitement of raids and posting personal information. See >>905567 for a good example of someone who thinks it's up to them to Teach People A Lesson and Do What's Good For Them. It is an authoritative mindset that the ends justify the means, and if saving lives/making the world a better place was really the goal here, they would not have focused entirely on spaces that fit this very narrow political subset.

Furthermore, it wouldn't have been outwardly associated with nazism.
>>
>>905919
But he consulted the other mods on the issue which contradicts what Hiro says >>904621
>>
>>905993
>The site's userbase has become frustrated with the fact that moderators do not communicate as it is. Barriers complicate this.
Thank you.
>>
>>906026
i am glad your ass got handed to you. you ignorant lefty slimeball
>>
>>906026
enforcing the law is never wrong antifa faggot
>>
>>906047
>>906044
You boys forget the first rule of raids. Always target the groups who creates the most amount of tears, and takes the least amount of effort.

In this case, the amount of tears you've all been producing about not being allowed to have your threads is a lot better than shutting down left wing opium dens.

I bet you don't even know the concept of back raiding.
>>
>>906047
4chan operates under, but is not strictly bound by, US law. The fact that something is not illegal does not automatically mean it is allowed. For example, it's not illegal to use Tor or a VPN to view or post to websites. It's also not illegal to post on the internet with avatars or signatures; however, both of these things are against 4chan Global Rules!

Also, it's not your job to enforce the law. It is the job of the people who hold appointed office to enforce the law. The law also can not be, or should not be, enforced arbitrarily or according to partisan bias. By definition, if a bunch of people with right-wing political leanings calls up a series of government bodies to report that these (left-leaning) businesses and spaces ~might~ not be up to fire code and would they please go check it out to make sure, without at least including spaces or businesses owned and operated by an equal number of those on the right, then isn't that by its very nature introducing a partisan bias into the application and execution of legal and regulatory functions of the state?
>>
>>906026
Even the screenshots they posted themselves show that those threads were for fighting "degeneracy" and "leftists" (>>905930).
>>
someone shoul make a new thread
>>
>>906026
If you notice I'm not disputing the facts there was an element of "kayfabe" in those threads and I already said in this board: I understand perfectly why the threads were created and how they were justified.

I also understand perfectly why the mods deleted the threads (it was gaining critical mass, unwanted attention to the site, because they didn't like it) and how they justified it (off topic, raid, personal army l, etc).

I'm also ok with mods doing whatever they want, their sites their rules.

You say the threads were used to harm others, authoritative, harassment. I won't address that and, just for the sake of argument, concede it (because it doesn't change my point).

You also use off site data to prove your point. That is not valid evidence, 4chan rules do not apply to things done off site.

But you used a lot of words and didn't answer my question:

> as you message told explicitly it was done by neo nazis: did you believe that to be the truth at the time? Do you now?

> as you message explicitly claimed the reason for the threads were to harass LGBT communities: did you believe that to be the case? Do you know?

Please, don't answer again with "those threads were made not for fire safety but to raid and that's why they were banned, the bans were justified", I'm conceding that point (even if I don't agree) because it doesn't change my point or my questions.

My point is that if you accused that group of something they were not (being neo Nazi) of a thing they were not doing (harassing LGBT) even if they were conservatives (but not neo nazi) targeting places mostly used by the left (but not targeting LGBT) because that was your general preconception of that group you were out of line.

Even then my take is that a warning and a "stay off of /pol/" would be enough but firing solves the problem as well.
>>
>>906067
How many mods are there again?
>>
>>906356
12 now
>>
>>906359
Hiro should be focusing on adding more mods. Not making more boards. You cannot have global moderation on a site this big with just 12 mods, you just can't
>>
>>906359
There are more than 12 mods. There were 24 when moot left.
>>
>>905978
Nobody else finds it annoying that Hiro pretended to know more about the situation than he actually did and implied he'd talked to Asan when he really hadn't?

I get that some of you are biased because your threads are getting deleted, but this should be a huge red flag.
>>
>>906321
>reddit spacing

kys your self
>>
lmao you can tell hiro is acting like he knows what happened when he just let rapeape do everything
>>
>>906525
>>900159
>>
>>906443
WEW lad, has there ever been a more blatant example of 4chin circlejerking "i say you're reddit, therefore i magically win the argument"?
>>
>>906525
>>906531
He's just trying to save face or something.
I mean it's obvious he doesn't give a shit about 4chan besides the money he's making from ads and passes.
>>
>>906635
Not him, but you should definitely learn how to better format your posts.
All those new lines make them painful to read.
>>
>>906531
Don't worry Asan. I'm going to keep bringing this up every time I see Hiro. I don't know if he can be convinced to reinstate you, but I want him to at least engage you in a conversation. That is the goal.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.