[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it all doom and gloom to come?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1_5_10StelojBildFlanko.jpg (268KB, 1914x754px) Image search: [Google]
1_5_10StelojBildFlanko.jpg
268KB, 1914x754px
Is the economy actually permanently screwed?
I say yes it is; the petrodollar is being threatened by the ruble, the price of oil is tanking, china's construction bubble will probably sing the death toll for what is really the only manufacturing power on earth, and the wealth of the world is being even split into two groups, with no moderation between.
Is it perma-fucked?
>>
It's just not really going anywhere. I feel like things will just continue being eh until either a major disaster or miracle occur, in which event we'd either decline as a society or reach a new golden age.
>>
>>1025834
Way to hedge your fucking bets.
"Things are going to do what they're doing until they don't"

Brilliant.
>>
>>1025847
I think it's a series of micro-collapses, propped up to keep the whole debt system from falling apart.
In tin foil hat mode; who's buying silver/ gold?
>>
The water collapse in South America and the food collapse in Mexico city after that will overwhelm the US with a wave of migrants
>>
File: Silver collection 2015.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Silver collection 2015.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1025928

I'm buying silver with the cash I would otherwise spend on movies and games. Not touching gold tho, it's far too rich for my blood currently. Besides, if I had gold money I would invest it in property.
>>
I dont see the world economy coming out of this naturally. China is going to collapse which means they are going to end up in civil war/revolution. Europe is going to get real poor real fast once the Chinese slowdown turns into a Chinese stop, and the social costs of the refugee influx really kicks in. The US is going to chug along at 1-2% growth a year until our next recession (which historically is due this year)

Once everyone is poor and contracting at once we end up with a very bad picture not seen since the 1930's. When that happens the only thing that has ever proven to work is a World War.
>>
>>1025965

Texans and people like the Patriot Guard will start shooting people before that happens.

You better pray we have a wall built by then
>>
File: shemitah-real.png (1MB, 1366x2653px) Image search: [Google]
shemitah-real.png
1MB, 1366x2653px
DUDE YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE CONSPIRACY
>>
Only thing great with the economy is dividend income, assuming you already have thousands of blue chip shares. Beyond that the little guy like always is screwed.
>>
>>1025829
No.
>>
No, as long as you don't have that much debt, you should be fine

The student loan industrial complex however is totally screwed and will collapse as soon as the number of students can't pay their debts anymore, possibly bringing about a collapse of several banks.

Of course, any retard could have told them that getting young people into tens of thousands of dollars of debt is a really bad idea, but since when have financial people ever listened to sound advice?
>>
>>1026546
This
>>
>>1026654
If the student industrial loan complex is going to collapse, would it not make sense to take out as many free monies as possible. In order to take advantage of the spectacular settlements.
>>
>>1026714

That's quite a risk though. I prefer not having debt in the first place
>>
>>1026721
what risk. You could file bankruptcy and settle anyway.
inb4 can't bankrupt student loans
true but thats only because they have such generous/flexible repayment options that they are effectively written off at an extreme benefit to the borrower.
>>
>the petrodollar is being threatened by the ruble
Erm... no. Reminbi maybe but not Ruble.
>>
>>1025829
>>>/x/
>>1025834
>>>/fa/
>>1025928
>>>/k/
>>1025965
>>>/int/
>>1026546
>>>/pol/
>>1026553
>>>/lgbt/
>>1026654
>>>/b/
I thought /biz/ was for discussion of business and finance?
>>
>>1026726
>generous/flexible repayment options that they are effectively written off at an extreme benefit to the borrower.
What? Nigger no. The repayment adjustment plans increase interest rates and you pay more in the long run. By the time they "forgive" your debt you've already paid 150% of the principle.
>>
>>1026654
it won't collapse
the government will bail the banks
unless we are talking about a figure that is so massive the government can't tax
>>
File: gold and silver.jpg (40KB, 450x273px) Image search: [Google]
gold and silver.jpg
40KB, 450x273px
>>1025928
>>1026506

I have 7 1 oz silver Canadian Maple Leafs and 3 1 oz rounds from Sunshine Mint.

I was hoping to buy generic mint shit but in the event of the dollar shitting itself I guess I should have Silver Eagles and Maple Leafs, as well as pre 1965 coins and some high ounce bars from private mints approved by the LBMA like Elemetal.

Gold is out of my range too.
>>
The tl;dr answer is no.

As long as there are people living and breathing, there will be economic activity. There will never be a time when people just decide to give up, to not get out of bed in the morning or decide to stop breathing. Our 1st natural and number 1 instinct is survival. Nothing short of full apocalypse will stop that.

That is obviously an extreme example but it does highlight why the simple answer is no. It might not always be as it is, or even as we know it, but it will never stop while there are people still alive.
>>
File: Financialization Bubble.png (38KB, 389x276px) Image search: [Google]
Financialization Bubble.png
38KB, 389x276px
>>1026804
But that will just delay the return to the mean, making the inevitable crash even worse. Pic related.

The financial oligarchs have a stranglehold on public opinion and the government, so they've intervened during each market return to the mean. They're going to slowly grind our economy down into oblivion in order to protect their funny money on the financial markets.
>>
>>1028270
You're not wrong in my opinion, but I think the markets have been forever changed since the onset of the Internet. Anyone can trade now ... so I think your pic related is a little off.
>>
File: 1432735409430.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1432735409430.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>Got (physical) silver at $10 an OZ
>None of the shops in town pay market value
>>
>>1028277
The economy didn't grow 3x its original size between 1992 and 1998, though. Sure, the high valuations may be fueled by increased public interest due to the internet, but it's still a speculatory bubble.
>>
The only way it could get screwed is if the liberals take office and raise taxes on corporations. Well have Pfizer part 2 electric boogaloo for every company.
>>
>>1026734
>Implying war isnt powered by business and finance
chek yourself before you shrek yourself m9
>>
The entire financial sector is overvalued.
The federal funds rate has been operating at close to 0% for the past 7 years. The fed rose it to only 0.25% because they know banks can only operate with essentially free money now. Any more is economic suicide.

Collapse won't be immediate as the US dollar becomes essentially useless, it will be slow as continued small rises in the interest rate occur to "keep the dream alive, but the sleeper barely asleep." Investment will decrease, technological knowledge and advancement nearly halts. No get-rich-quick schemes exist in this scenario. No rapid fall or rise.
A antibiotic-resistant superbug causes a 1-4 death rate.
Human happiness will change, or rather cease to exist. People will no longer focus on the pursuit of happiness, or materialism-induced serotonin doping. People will finally realize they are either fulfilled, unfulfilled, motivated, or unmotivated. Only then will our sick society truly start to heal as men and women focus on their family's and children's well-being, and base itself on personal relationships and true equity to survive on what little they have left.
That's my best speculation
>>
>>1026506
good strategy friend. a little here and there adds up. i prefer historic coins myself as I get the silver value plus a little historic value
>>
>>1028958
>>1026506
>>1028229
whats a good way to find junk silver?

im prototyping recognition software to use to find silver, and rare coins so i dont have to sort through a whole bunch of stuff atuomatically, i was thinking if it works I could sell the device to coin dealers
>>
>>1028287
It's not just the US economy investing in the market though. It's world wide. Internet has opened up to new investors around the world. Still overvalued, but I don't think as much as that chart shows.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.