[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/PMDG/ - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 50

File: pokemon emolga.png (103KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon emolga.png
103KB, 256x256px
Angry flying squirrel edition
old thread >>31958921

PSMD and Gates download: http://pastebin.com/kh7GcnYm

Check the guides at >>>/vg/hbg if you don't know how to install them. You won't lose any online features or anything doing so, don't worry. You'll be able to do everything that you'd normally be able to and much more!

MD Exploration Pack, which contains a DS emulator and roms, Wiiware roms, and custom portraits: https://mega.nz/#F!gFlVkSLI!tXbyoO5rwfUYnb9jf7yVsQ

/vp/'s Mystery Dungeon guides: http://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u

PSMD Wondermail codes: http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-

REMINDER: If you need a rescue, post your region. Due to a few things that make no sense, rescues are region locked. It's shitty, but be sure to mention if you're European or American.
>>
File: 606Beheeyem_PSMD.png (115KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
606Beheeyem_PSMD.png
115KB, 358x310px
first for ayy lmaos a best
>>
Topic to start the thread
what minigames would you add to the next PMD
inb4 jack off a mudsdale
>>
Gonna throw in tonight's VPMD for the new thread too
>>32042009
>>
>>32042311
I think it'd be cool to add something like the Battle SIMs from XD. They chuck you into a predetermined situation with specific enemies, moves, items, etc. and you've got to figure out how to beat it. Now we've got the Nexus it would sort of make sense.
>>
I've remade DFTTF and Treasure Town in the Windows XP soundfont. Which one should I do next?

>>32042311
After the final boss, they all get together and start a boss rush minigame. You fight all of them, and each one drops an Oran Berry as you beat them. You are then scored on the ratio between your total damage output and the amount of damage you took.
>>
>>32043334
>and each one drops an Oran Berry as you beat them
Only one?, fucking yveltal with it's oblivion wing can kill your whole team.
>>
>>32043435
You can save them up, you know.
>>
>>32043527
like you were going to one shot every boss.
>>
File: Emrakul.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Emrakul.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
If PMDrifloon was an MtG card.
>>
Would you guys want an open world PMD game?
>>
>>32042311
Remember how there was Pokestar Studios in BW2?
>There are things you can do before the show starts, such as switch-up props, position "ally" actors, etc.
>On certain turns you are supposed to do certain actions and say certain lines.
>You can perform as you're supposed to (beat the "bad guy(s)", get inbetween a fight, throw a ball, deliberately lose, etc.)
>You can make your own changes and invoke a new reaction to the audience (ex: before the show starts, you can switch out the vase with a pie, which is then thrown at someone else. Doing this invokes laughter in the audience instead of feelings of tension.)
>For each play there are 3 different achievements: Critical Success, Cult Classic, and Flop

The mechanics ares still dungeon mechanics, but with interrupts for dialogue and a few minor things.
>>
>>32044304
how would that work
>>
File: mad.jpg (6KB, 136x200px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
6KB, 136x200px
>>32044333
>mfw i though the meowth theatre was going to be that but ended up being lame shit with lame rewards
>>
Does anyone know hoe many dungeons each installment has?

I knoow super has over 120 and Gates around 50 (im not sure if thats true) but what about the others?
>>
>>32045453
Bump
>>
>>32045453
A quick estimate based on the dungeon select screen gives 43 for RT and 73 for Sky plus the special episode dungeons.
>>
>>32044304
>>32044385
the same way that Zelda did it
>>32046576
WiiWare has 15 on each version, bringing total to 45.
>>
>>32042034
It would be super cool if dungeons had their own little gimmicks. It would really help to keep things unique.
Maybe for a dungeon all the enemies know your location and so constantly try to swarm you.
Or we could have a strange place where you can't access the map.
A Kecleon-themed dungeon where you go in with nothing, only find money on the floor, and have to buy the items you need from dungeon shopkeepers.
Mysteriosity bonuses applied to whole dungeons.

When will we get fangames to make this happen?
>>
>>32048234
never because most people like to make fangames base on core games
>>
>>32048234
>When will we get fangames to make this happen?
Never ever
people would need to make the game from the ground up, and that takes a lot of effort.
also i really want mysteriosity back.
>>
>>32048234
I really wish we could have that, those ideas are greeat
>>
I had Greninja as one of my motivated pokemon so i went to do a dungeon with all of the motivated pokemon, and holy fuck!, greninja looks so fucking bad in this game, in a creepy way, it's just really lanky and tall, it walks and run like a retard instead of a ninja, and it doesn't help that my other motivated pokemon were buizel and durant, like they fucked its animations and idle stand so bad
>>
>>32049546
ash-greninja > greninja
too bad ash isn't canon in pmd
>you will never meet a pikachu with ash's hat and an ash-greninja partner

plz chunsoft/the pokemon company if you're reading this don't take it seriously this is a joke and the thread has a lot of good ideas
>>
>>32050113
careful, if it was included in the main games it could easily be included in the next pmd game and activated with an awakening emera, just like a megaevolution
>>
File: This is all so tiresomeowth.png (536KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
This is all so tiresomeowth.png
536KB, 1000x1000px
>>32050113
>is in Shuffle
>Picross
>SM
>TCG
>countless arcades

You'll play with A-Greninja and you will fucking like it or else...

tfw it still hurts
>>
>>32050314
>it'll be the ONLY playable character
I unironically like its Ash design better than the normal one though.
>>
>>32050578
I unironically wanted Ash to win.
I mean I knew that was as likely as d6 landing a natural twenty, but I really wanted him to win.
>>
>>32050712
I only wanted him to win because i hate Alan as a character and i hate his ace, but since his ace is GF's Lightning there was no way he'd lose
>>
>>32050729
when countless eons will pass, and stars will crumble, demiurge will ask the space itself if anon is still salty about Kalos league finals
and the answer will be "you fucking bet you dipshit"
>>
Shoot, last vpmd thread archived right as I was about to post. Gotta clutter this thread up again, sorry
No thread tonight, not feeling too well.
>>
>>32050903
Shiet, maybe we shouldn've made you stay for so long yesterday, but don't worry, just take care and get well soon vpmd.
>>
>>32050712
I didn't really care about it, and I like both Alan and MegaCharizard X a lot better (it's one of my favourite mega evolutions), but it's amazing that he just lost like that. It still makes me laugh. He could have won and literally nothing would have changed.

>>32050729
>but since his ace is GF's Lightning there was no way he'd lose
I don't really get that, you could say the same about Pikachu and Greninja. If they gave Ash his Charizard back it would have made more sense, since I doubt people care about MegaCharizard X as much as TPCi does.
>>
>>32050919
nahhh, it's my fault for playing zelda too long. When I feel a headache starting to come on while gaming, if I don't stop then and there it'll snowball into a migraine and my will to live evaporates but it's just such a good game
>>
>>32050997
>on the box of EoS despite having zero character in the game at all
>one of its megas is on the box of Super, larger than everything else, again
>4 episode long special advertising a mega
>2 megas
>the only Ridemon that isn't in alola at all

I'm just so sick of seeing it everywhere, it's gotten old long ago. Charizard's the pokemon equivalent of a summer blockbuster that's hyped to hell and back, and then is a solid 5/10 when it releases, but is still talked about constantly
>>
How do I kill Kecleon and get him to join my party?
How good are its stats?
>>
>>32051117
The same way you defeat other pokemon and force them into slavery. Beat the shit out of them and hope they're conscious enough to ask for mercy.
>>
>>32051133
Ok, how do I kill him? Any easy method?
Explorers of Sky if interested.
>>
>>32051152
Use moves that do damage. Consider using moves that have a type advantage.
B-line for the stairs after triggering one, and camp there so you can bail like a pussy if shit goes south.
Use status effect seeds and orbs if you have trouble defeating them.
>>
>>32051004
How far are you VPMD? I've cleared 3 dungeons so far.
>>
What's your favorite dungeon from each set of games?
>>
>>32051253
I haven't had much time to play lately. I finished the elephant and now just got to the goron village
>>
>>32051152
Mobile orb and hiding in walls is pretty safe. A violent seed's good too.
Stats are 255 across the board so you'll need to be reasonably buffed up.
Also make sure you've got all the right bonuses and you can actually recruit him.
>>
>>32051152
You need Fast Friend/Golden mask or Amber Tear held, level 91-100. Use Jirachi, use Cosmic Power 10 times, 10 Evasion Orbs, a One Room Orb, and steal. Kec has 288 HP and 255 stats in everything, and you have a 1/500 chance to get it
>>
>>32051389
I actually haven't done that one yet.
>>
File: muffled fug.jpg (17KB, 276x268px) Image search: [Google]
muffled fug.jpg
17KB, 276x268px
>find my old red rescue team cart
>quicksaved on 51st floor of purity forest
>"oh sweet, I'll continue this run"
>move
>game freezes

not like I was gonna get far with a level 6 deoxys but still
>>
>>32051389
I don't know about everyone else, but I am ok with you slowing down on VPMD. Just make sure the gaps are no greater than 2 days so that you don't forget stuff. Besides, Zelda is fun.

I haven't started any dungeons yet. I just finished talking to Impa. I was busy climbing everything.

My thing seems to be:
>Find Shrines to get Spirits Orbs and goodies.
>Mark ANYTHING important on your map (cooking sites, unopened treasure chests, dangerous enemies, stuff you can't figure out yet, etc.)
>Magnesis by default, and turn it on and off. You'll never know when you'll find something good.
>Save the good stuff for tough enemies. Waste the bad items and plain arrows on weak guys. I'm stingy.
>Abuse your unlimited bombs! Trees, mining, box-breaking, mass enemy sneak-attacking, etc.
>Compare prices of cooked foods. Acorns seem to be very efficient in cooking (meat (1.5)+Acorn(.25)=3 hearts), but not so efficient in making a bang for your buck since cooking with Acorns add no Rupee value, at least to certain raw foods. Eggs are also the cheapest raw "meat" product.
>When expanding inventory, Melee first, then occasionally Shields. Bows require arrows, so I don't use them as much. The shields I use tend to not break as easily. Melee weapons have a lot of utility besides beating, since unlike bombs, resource extracting tools don't scatter materials.
>Cryonis can help you climb waterfalls, cross rivers, provide cover, facilitate fish-catching, and give you a "buoy" to hang onto.
>Avoid Guardians like the plague. The immobile ones in the East Abbey in the first region has amazing range and I haven't found a way to defeat it with regular melee weapons and arrows practically, and bombs don't seem to be doing anything. I would hate dealing with a mobile Guardian.
>Currently have 5 hearts total and no upgrades in stamina.

Any spoiler-free advice? Such as:
>How do I kill Guardians?
>Is Stamina worth investing in?
>What inventory should I expand in?
>>
>>32053357
Guardians are very tough for a long time. Once you get better armor, weapons, and health they can be dealt with. Two tips for them are, one, you can parry the laser with good timing for massive damage and, two, you can eventually upgrade your sheikah abilities and one upgrade makes a certain one really good on them.

I found it was worth getting a second ring of stamina (so 5 upgrades) by three dungeons done.

Mostly upgrade weapon slots. Shields and bows you really don't burn through, so just upgrade them with your spare seeds.
>>
File: bg.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bg.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>tfw no new pmd anytime soon
>tfw it might be on the switch
>tfw dont want to spend 350 bucks on pmd
>>
>>32053034
what is this from
>>32053357
Guardians are basically Ganon averting the "mook difficulty progression" and using elites in early areas, so yeah, avoid fighting them for now.
>>
>>32053357
>I don't know about everyone else, but I am ok with you slowing down on VPMD. Just make sure the gaps are no greater than 2 days so that you don't forget stuff. Besides, Zelda is fun.
May have to take a hiatus soon anyway cause I got nothing planned after this chapter
>>
>>32057021
I think taking a hiatus to plan out the story is a good idea.
>>
>>32056160
>what is this from
>states both the dungeon and game name
>>
>>32058505
i think he's talking about the pic?
>>
>>32051285
>Rescue Team
Great Canyon or Buried Relic

>Explorers
Temporal Tower or Blizzard Island

>Adventure Squad
Chocolate Mountain

>Gates to Infinity
Stompstump Peak, Inflora Forest or Holehills
Moonlit Forest and Path of No Return have cool sounding names, but they aren't that special

>Super
I still don't know
>>
>>32051285
>Rescue Team
Great Canyon, Mt Blaze and Sky Tower

>Explorers
Hidden Land and Temporal Tower

>Gates to Infinity
Haven't played it yet.

>Super
Foreboding Forest, Lush Forest, Relevation Mountain, Fire Island Volcano, Reverse Mountain, Road to Primeval Forest and Tree of Life (both Roots and Trunks) were all godlike in terms of music. I know it's a huge list, but they surpassed themselves in this game. All of those themes are final boss dungeon tier.
>>
>>32058863
Oh and I even forgot Abyssal Badlands.
>>
File: 1478808422718.png (77KB, 353x322px) Image search: [Google]
1478808422718.png
77KB, 353x322px
>partner has one ranged attack
>intentionally maneuver partner into melee range with an enemy
>still uses ranged attack

Does they AI prefer STAB moves or something? Is there a way to stop this madness in Super?
>>
>>32058863
I would consider Explorers, Gates, and Super to be mostly equal in music quality. There might be slightly less in Gates because I haven't played Gates, but I really enjoy most of the music in all of the games.
>>
I think lot of the dungeons music in Super are boring and forgettable. The good ones are great, but not as good as the Gates to infinity ones.
>>
>>32058908
I think they use the most effective move without regard for spacing. It's why they spam room-wide moves as if it's their only move until they run out.
>>
I've found the music seems to be getting better in each game (although the large amount of GTI songs in Super makes it a bit hard to judge).
>>
File: 1455465056048.jpg (51KB, 354x316px) Image search: [Google]
1455465056048.jpg
51KB, 354x316px
>my Blue Rescue Team cart is giving me the "data could not be written" error
>DS and 3DS won't recognize it most of the time
It can't end like this. I bought it day one, it's been with me for over a decade.
>>
>>32060040
try making a backup at least.
>>
>>32060695
>>
>>32058908
Most of my melee attacks come from alliances where I tell them what to use.
It's usually best to load your partners up with ranged moves though.
>>
>>32058908
go to the moves menu and deactivate that move.
>>
Do you think the inclusion of a post-game story contributes to the predictability of these games' endings, in that everything is always all right in the end? Is it because of the inevitability that is an epilogue that the writers are forced to make the evil go away by any means necessary so that the characters can go on "one last adventure?" Do you think, if you knew the next game didn't have an epilogue, you'd be more excited thinking about the possibility that things could get fucked and not get fixed afterward?

I was thinking about Super's ending, specifically the text that appears on the screen after the credits. Something to the effect of "Surely they will meet again someday." THE END. What if it had just ended like that? Sure, that's not exactly "closure" but I think the fact that closure keeps trying to be forced is where the fault lies. Things should just be left alone for once.
>>
>>32064775
Yeah, it gets predictable. I'd prefer if the next game didn't try to pull the "YOU HAVE TO GO BACK" deal again. I'm pretty sure you could have some huge endgame twist without it, maybe something like Your partner gets really sick from something and you need to find a cute
>>
How about
The epilogue is about how the human never comes back. They just took a random Pokemon's body and once the human leaves the Pokemon goes back to be who it used to be. Now the original Pokémon needs to adapt to all of the changes in its life.
It just came to my mind right now. It would be something new and at the same time wouldn't bring any gameplay issue.
>>
>>32064815
This is a really nice compromise between the two sides, I like it a lot. Doesn't sound to far out there, either.

>>32064794
The idea that things seem fine when they're really not as opposed to the opposite is also great. Seeing the world fall apart as you hold it in your hands, the futility of trying to put it back together the way it was before. The feeling of utter despair. Chunsoft in their natural element?
>>
>>32064775
They had an absolutely perfect bittersweet ending to the final special episode in Sky and they threw it away for a last second deus-ex-machina.
>>
>>32064775
You are pretty much destined to go back because gameplay requires it. Otherwise the player would lose all of their progress.

What I would like to see is instead of the "You have to go back" thing is in defeating a great enemy, you become trapped and isolated and the partner is trying to rescue you. Meanwhile, you are exploring further down and discovering something, perhaps a terrible omen. One idea is that you go to an unstable dimension to defeat someone, but you don't escape in time. Your partner at first thinks you are gone, but later encounters evidence that suggests you are actually stranded somewhere else and tries to get you back. Meanwhile, you are trapped in that dimension and explore, finding out towards the end that things are not over yet.

>>32064815
I thought of a "what if" scenario where in Explorers of Sky the human never actually turned into a Pokemon. The human, while being thrown through time, was being transported to the other side of the ocean to a different continent, where a different adventure happened. Meanwhile, a Pokemon on a ship (probably drown-resistant) becomes struck by lightning produced by the unstable time-travel, and falls of the ship. That Pokemon now only remembers a few original human memories, physical skills, and basic knowledge of the world such as language. When the "human" is required to leave, he or she goes into a brief coma, but reawakens with his or her memory restored. He or she then tries to resume her own quest.
>>
>>32064775
>Do you think, if you knew the next game didn't have an epilogue, you'd be more excited thinking about the possibility that things could get fucked and not get fixed afterward?
Not really, i love having some extra story.
Also this kind of happened in GTI, in the epilogue last mission you're asked if you want to go back, you can answer ''no'' and your partner has to just deal with that. but that gives you a sort of ''bad ending'' and makes you repeat that day

>>32064815
Ah, that sounds really good, it would give a really nice reason to the ''i have done my purpose here and now i must leave''
Though now that i think about it, that sounds awfully similar to the mew story in super.
>>
blump
>>
pmd of my dreams time?
pmd of my dreams time!

Fine then
I want unholy spawn of marriage between dungeon crawler, rpg and economically inclined strategy game.
Where during your raids through uncharted lands of NotHawaiibecauseIRLHawai'sfuckingtiny you can come across resource splorts to secure and gather, fertile soil to feed your budding colony, timber and stone for homes and works of grandeur architecture...
Where pokemon actually treat you with due respect, once you earn it, where you can manage bustling cities full of wise sages, dexterous inventors and daring adventurers.
Where items that you'd barely use, like moon stones or luminous orbs can actually be used as jewellery, or furniture for your private quarters, militia barracks or town halls. Where the world around you is more lively than all main series worlds combined it's not like bar's set high, tho....
A world where you can truly shape up your adventure.
I want Dorf Fortress III: less autism more pogeymen edition
>>
>>32068074
So basically Pokemon Paradise, except the game actually revolves around it?

Dwarf Fortress is complex but it sacrifices graphics for it. We're also still not done with quantum physics.
>>
>>32058606
yes
>>
>>32068141
Pogeymen paradise is pathetic featureless empty space compared to my dreams of glory.
Also it has no freedom, resource production and interactivity

>complex
I hit the skill wall ten minutes into game
I guess I could learn how to dorf, but from what I've seen game has obscene amounts of micromanagement
>>
>>32066513
>Though now that i think about it, that sounds awfully similar to the mew story in super.
That's true, I didn't think about that at all
>>
File: IMG_20170314_233547215.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170314_233547215.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>32069597
Replaying Red Rescue Team with SPMDteam x3
>>
File: spongebob_coffee.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_coffee.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>tfw Sceptile would be amazing with Bullet Seed
>tfw just an Agility slut

Anyone else let down by their pick?
>>
File: Leavanny happy.png (95KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
Leavanny happy.png
95KB, 342x192px
>>32069712
>my pick was chespin
>>
VPMD
>>32069913
>>
>>32068197
>from what I've seen game has obscene amounts of micromanagement

It really isn't that bad. Just follow the mandatory 130-something video guide on youtube, and don't forget to buy the already-outdated third-party guide book.

Or you could just read the quickstart guide and wing it; after a few games for the basics, the rest pretty much comes on its own. Permanent wiki tab still mandatory, ofcourse.
>>
>>32069824
Does that one Looplet actually make Belly Drum free?
>>
>>32070089
Dunno why you replied to me, but the Tight Belt in Sky stopped hunger from dropping unless you entered a wall/used a linked move. So Belly Drum might actually lower it, but i'm not 100% sure
>>
>>32070089
Just gave it a go. Satiated doesn't do anything but Big Belly halves the reduction to 25, interestingly.
>>
File: 1488333213410.png (203KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488333213410.png
203KB, 500x300px
Otter bump
>>
File: 1248141952059.jpg (9KB, 215x199px) Image search: [Google]
1248141952059.jpg
9KB, 215x199px
Post gen 7 mechanics

>Emergency Exit: Warps to a random location at 50%
>>
>>32072620
>pyukumuku's no moveset
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 330x312px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 330x312px
>>32072620
>Dazzling/Queenly Majesty block ranged moves
>>
>>32072620
>no mega evolution for half the megas until an arbitrary amount of real time has passed
>>
>>32072690
I would make tsareena part of my team right away if that's the case, and use it as a meat vegetable/vegi meat? shield, while i keep pushing her towards the sniper.
>>
>>32072620
>Z-moves can be used once per floor, and destroy an emera

y/n?
>>
>>32072940
>Z-moves can be used once per floor, and take 30 hunger
y
>>
>>32073101
I like this
>>
Got a copy of this off ebay just yesterday.
When do the fucking tutorials end?
Also, seems even easier than holy sorcery saga so far.
>>
>>32073790
Never. The entirety of all of the games consists in nothing more than tutorials. Even the level 1 dungeons are tutorials.
>>
>>32073790
Tutorials end by the time you're finally out of school, which is already halfway through the game.
>>
Does an english version of this exist?
>>
>>32075994
Nope. We have some menus translated in the OP, but that's it
>>
>>32076058
Well fuck, at least someone tried. Thanks anyway
>>
>>32072620
Innards Out Pyukumuku always appearing on Monster Houses to counter room clear moves.
>>
>>32076111
>tfw you made the menu translations

I cant even read moon, i just looked at Bulbapedia for the japanese item names and had a friend that could read it do the menus. At least it makes the games a bit more playable, right?
>>
File: jgfd.png (1MB, 856x1504px) Image search: [Google]
jgfd.png
1MB, 856x1504px
>>
>>32077646
>no Ultimate tier: Using your favorites
>>
>>32077678
I dont have a version with more tiers
>>
File: WVW69kJ4Td42RtvaNu.jpg (195KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kJ4Td42RtvaNu.jpg
195KB, 400x240px
Ganbare Spoink-chan!
>>
Vpmd when?
>>
>>32079234
coming in a couple mins
been a rough day and my laptop decided to pile on by crapping out again.
>>
>>32077185
Youll get an answer when Wii emulation becomes more reliable :^)
>>
>>32079335
I just installed it directly on the wii. It was a ton of work for something i ultimately ended up not playing
>>
>>32079234
>>32079315

>>32079340
>>
File: dungeon team.png (891KB, 1118x1002px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon team.png
891KB, 1118x1002px
Post Teams
>>
File: mareep and wooper pmd.png (719KB, 986x731px) Image search: [Google]
mareep and wooper pmd.png
719KB, 986x731px
>>32080727
>>
File: PMD exploration team.png (740KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PMD exploration team.png
740KB, 1620x1080px
>>32080727
>>
>>32080727
>>
File: 1489461091634.png (390KB, 861x810px) Image search: [Google]
1489461091634.png
390KB, 861x810px
>>32080998
cutest team
>>
>>32080727
When do I get to pick my own?
>>
Does Bunnelby replace Corphish as the most forgettable character in the series?
>>
>>32082991
Who? I must have forgot.
yes
>>
>>32082991
fucking expedition society, so damn underdeveloped, i would've like a lot more to have made a expedition society jr with the kids at the village instead, then we would've got some pretty cool moments, like goomy stopping being a coward and evolving to protect the team, instead of that scene were we face entei for the second time and buizel is all like ''Hey! entei, i bet my dick is bigger than yours, let's fight!... oh, oh no, i got totally wreck because i'm a bitch and this is all you're gonna remember me for''
>>
>>32082991
I literally forgot about him until I got to the Society on a second play.

>>32084898
They probably intended to develop them more, but it feels like they ran short on development time and had to rush through the second half.
>>
How do you tag favorites in super again? Can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>32086431
I went into the Connection Orb, then X->list, and when you find the Pokémon you want you highlight it and the "Register Favorite" option will be available.
>>
>>32086503
thanks pham
>>
>>32085077
Can you really say that if it's only about the story though?
>>
>>32084898
I would like the next game to have more dialogue opitons. I don't care if there is no branching story, I just want to be able to express myself and have a little bit of agency even if nothing in the story ultimately changes. Having slight story differences in outcomes and even some call backs would be nice.

Next game's organization: a university in a large Pokemon city that seeks to accumulate scientific and historical knowledge. Members will be given a day where you get to know more about them.
>You: the newest member who was vouched by your partner
>Partner: the 2nd newest member; wants to explore and research, especially ancient sites
>Wimpod: He wants to become an explorer, and your partner is willing to take him along one day. Unfortunately, Wimpod isn't so good at that due to his cowardice and unwillingness to stick together. You tell him his problems (sugar-coat it, lay it down, be harsh), but he really wants to be a part of the university. The partner later gives advice to try to find a different area of the university to go into. Later on, he says things are going well in his new job as a safety inspector (or something that utilizes Wimpod's/Golisopod's assets)
>Meinshao (or some other marital arts Pokemon because Meinfoo should be playable): Normally acts as a move tutor/relearner, but very early in the game he teaches you about Alliance Attacks. At times, you can see him counseling youth and trying to break up fights. You learn later on that he was once poor and delinquent, which is what motivates him into bringing harmony to the city.
>(Scientist): runs a lab right outside the city where the player can create potions. (S)he likes to perform dangerous experiments that sometimes end with explosive results, but is careful enough to make sure no one else is in potential danger. For some reason she is indestructible, and has used that blessing to perform all sorts of crazy tests.

Cont. (How do I be gender neutral without being tumblr?)
>>
>>32077646
>using baby pokemon and it wrecks chaos
>>
>>32079335
>dolphin is not reliable
explain
>>
>>32072620
>yfw Beast Boost with unrestricted stat growth
just kill everybody and have movement speed forever
>>
>>32086942
this. You can even buy games from the Wiishop now
>>
>>32086969
>buying game for an emulator
>>
>>32087041
>not entering your credit card information in an emulator to buy a game directly from it
>>
>>32086847
>(Scholar): a bookworm. Studies ancient stuff and can fetch information on Pokemon and Dungeons. Takes the liberty of giving you a copied except of each dungeon you have visited and can visit. Knowledgeable in lore.
>(Excavator): Tasked to discover new dungeons and extract relics. Can be bossy and overcautious, but is important to ensure safety and success in subterranean missions. Has field-based puzzles you can help him out in.
>(Cook): While they do have a passion in food, they're actually also great with conversations and advice. Has no particular skills exclusive to exploring and academics, but they love the company and finds their intellectual discussions fascinating, and even has some of a grasp on many topics. Goes on an expedition with you along with many others at some point, which later brings on situations on how versatile they are.

Not sure about the leader. That's all I have for now.
>>
>>32086847
English seems to use 'they' as gender neutral singular, for some reason.
>>
>>32086847
Like the other anon said, it's they, but if you're going to care about what Tumblr does with it, you'd be better off using pronouns at all, considering how autistic their shit gets.
>>
>>32044304
You mean Pokepark?
>>
>>32088587
>>
File: 94d.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
94d.png
307KB, 815x608px
>>32086962
until you get to the next floor
>>
>>32088730
Still.
>>
>no suspend feature like shiren 5+
gay
>>
>>32088896
Super is the only game that doesn't have it, it was replaced by an item that allows you to save that you can only use once to create a save tile on the ground.
>>
I predict the next members of the expedition university/whatever from GEN VII.

Gumshoos
Wimpod
Mimikyu
Tsareena

NPCS:
Drampa
Crabrawler
Grubbin
Bewear
Passimian
Bosses:
Salazzle & Salandit
Mareanie/Toxapex
>>
>>32089617
>I predict the next members of the expedition university/whatever from GEN VII.
>Gumshoos
>Wimpod
>Mimikyu
>Tsareena

Yeaeh sure, just like the expedition society had such good characters like... swirlyx... and... and?, and that bunny pokemon... you know, that one
>>
>>32090445
The lackluster guild from Explorers didn't stop them from doing it again.
>>
>>32089617
>gen7 only pokemon
nah
>>
>>32090702
Well, what non-gen7 pokemon would you like to see featured in the next PMD? Not like there's a whole lot left.

I'd like to see a Girafarig run some sort of shop. She could converse with her tail as if she's the only one who could hear it and it'd be super cute.
>>
File: 1486332098845.jpg (712KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486332098845.jpg
712KB, 1000x1000px
What are some new pokemon you cant wait to try out in the next game? Ribombee seems like it'd bee really interesting with Pollen Puff, it even has a scarf built right in for pmd.
>>
File: 1451923325408.png (265KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451923325408.png
265KB, 500x500px
>>32043701
maybe YOU cant
>>
Can you become completely stuck in Super? Like if you use a save device before a boss without any revive/heal items in a plot dungeon that doesn't let you escape or something. There must be some way to get back to town right?
>>
>>32095075
Unlimited access to Pelliper Island makes that impossible, as you could just exit the game and farm items from there if you ever get stuck.
>>
File: 1468948393009.png (1MB, 1196x841px) Image search: [Google]
1468948393009.png
1MB, 1196x841px
>>32092800
I think they'll turn Comfey's Triage into "recovery moves go twice" like Prankster which means a super useful Draining Kiss.
>>
>>32095786
>>32092800
I doubt we're getting Pokemon Mysery Dungeon 5.
I would love it to hapen, but i think it's going to share the same fate as ranger :(
>>
>>32087113
>Gumshoos: Works in law enforcement with Magnezone. Is involved in investigations. There is a sidequest where you hunt down crime bosses, who have special effects on dungeons that are not so different from Mysteriousity.
>Drampa: Scholar who occasionally goes exploring when bored or needs to, although that's quite rare due to how chillax he is. Can tell you which dungeons have yet to have their secret chambers' visited and fully looted.
>Drifblim: You can call them anywhere in a city to teleport to another city. (designed to be faster in the game compared to Lapras in Super)
>Ribombee: University Botanist. Gives you extra edibles (conditional or unconditonal, not sure).

The question is how do we make sure their characters are well-developed and don't feel like they're 100% recycled cardboard.
>>
File: 5a7.png (299KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
5a7.png
299KB, 800x800px
>>32092800
Pollen Puff will get really annoying when it just hits what's in front of you.

>>32072620
>Thousand Arrows room clear
>Thousand Waves room immobilize
>>
>>32095820
Honestly i think the same, but there's hope i guess.
>>32095858
Oricorio and Komala will probably be important NPCs
>>
>>32095820
>I doubt we're getting Pokemon Mysery Dungeon 5.
it would be pretty weird if we didn't, they already did models for ALL of the pokemon except for the ones of gen 7, which wouldn't be too hard to make because they aren't that many, they already have plenty of dungeons that they can recycle, they have music that they can recycle.
they only need the models, a few dungeons, a few hubs and a new story and we're ready for PMD 5 in the 3DS.

>I would love it to hapen, but i think it's going to share the same fate as ranger :(
the problem with rangers is that they probably said ''we need to move one of the spinoff to the 3DS and make them 3D, and we can't have more than one because it would take too much effort, so we will pick the most marketable.
>>
>>32095820
this fucking meme again
>>
File: 1484196541090.png (712KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484196541090.png
712KB, 750x750px
Page 9 bump
>>
>>32097615
Xe?
>>32097501
When do you think we're getting it then?
>>
>>32099916
remember when people said explorers of sky was the last game?
remember when people said gates to infinity was the last game?

>when
>>
>>32099992
who said sky was the last game? lmao.
>>
>>32100024
Someone who didn't know about Adventure Squad, that's for sure.
>>
>>32099916
>When do you think we're getting it then?
November 2017 seems like a good date i think, like i said they it doesn't need that much work since they can recycle a lot of stuff, and the development of the game could've started a little before the release of SM, since they only need the models of the pokemon and some basic info.
>>
>>32100410
As much as i'd like that, 2018 seems more likely
>>
File: kecleon's amazing stats.png (108KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
kecleon's amazing stats.png
108KB, 320x240px
>>
>>32101817
>they put Pokémon in the game but didn't let players recruit them
Our top scholars are still stumped as to the reason for this.
>>
File: tumblr_mikw1bKx0f1s1mxlko4_250.gif (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mikw1bKx0f1s1mxlko4_250.gif
9KB, 160x160px
>>
>>32104844
Why are you smiling, you spent half the last dungeon running into rooms full of monsters you Run Away fuck
>>
>>32105036
Not him but can't run away if I'm not the partner
>>
>>32105036
>>32105092
Have you guys tried this mod yet?
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/31407-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-2-psy_commandos-tools-and-research-notes/?do=findComment&comment=206911
>>
>>32105036
Eevee was an alright partner for me. Adaptability makes Quick Attack strong as fuck.
>>
>>32105036
Eevee tries its best and that's what counts.
>>
>>32105036
Delete this
>>
Why do I want to fuck nearly every character in this game?
>>
>>32108651
>Do you want to fuck chatot?
>Do you want to fuck skuntank
>Do you want to fuck corphish?
>Do you want to fuck Bidoof?
there isn't much to fuck other than your partner and pink celebi and maybe maybe lapras
>>
>>32108651
I'm pretty far gone and I didn't find much fug material in Explorers.
>partner
>grovyle
>dusknoir
>chatot on a bad_ day
>>
>>32108713
>yes
>no
>yes
>yes
>>
File: 109824330467.jpg (282KB, 1000x894px) Image search: [Google]
109824330467.jpg
282KB, 1000x894px
>>32108651
>>
>>32108777
>So as you're fucking the lobster, corphish tells you to get your face close to his, and he whisper to your ear
>HEY HEY HEY!
>>
File: 1464943913382.png (63KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464943913382.png
63KB, 400x400px
*blocks your path*
>>
Dumbass here: I want to get in the series, should I play them in order or is the story mostly separate between games and I should play them in any order I feel like?
>>
>>32109071
Generally the idea is to go Rescue>Sky>Super. Gates is flawed but has many things that didn't appear again. Adventure Squad is in japanese and isn't worth the time unless you REALLY need to play more PMD
>>
>>32109071
>>32109105
The idea is if you like the story you play them all in order.
But if you're here just for the gameplay then you should only play super
>>
>>32109071
I'm doing RT -> Sky -> Gates -> Super
On Gates right now, it's not the worst thing ever at least, but my favorite is easily Sky so far. Each story is pretty self-contained.
>>
>>32109071
The stories are separate, but there are mechanics improvements made to the games as they progress.
I'd play them in order if you intend to play them all, otherwise it may feel weird going from a newer game to an older game and losing some of the conveniences and improvements the newer games added.
>>
File: 1466042821427.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466042821427.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>32109152
>>32109145
>>32109141
>>32109105
Thanks guys!
>>
>>32109208
Red Rescue and Blue Rescue are the same game, but Red is a GBA game and might be a bit annoying to get to save properly.
>>
You should play Gates just to see how terrible people are.

Seriously, these are horrible people who deserve their suffering for their own bad decisions.

The worst part is you realize early on that you've come to like them but are one button prompt away from either Double Chopping them upside the head or holding back Pikachu from frying them all yet you still like them.
>>
>>32108713
>lapras
lol what
>>
>>32109052
*points a toothpick at him*
>>
>>32109314
DELET
>>
>>32109291
The lapras that carries you to the island that has that flying rock.
>>
>>32109071
Sky is definitely the magnum opus of the series. Gates is underrated and has really endearing characters . Red and blue can be kind of a chore to play through imo, and super is good, especially mechanics wise, but doesn't have a specific wow factor
>>
>>32109532
RT really shouldn't be recommended as the first game to play in the series. It's probably the most likely to drive away a new player out of the four.
>>
>>32109769
Sky is the obvious choice for newbies, y/n?
>>
>>32109769
I started with RT but I had already committed to playing the series beforehand no matter what.
>>
>>32109796
Absolutely
>>
>>32109769
It's also the first game in the series so that alone makes it a good starting point. I wouldn't recommend anyone new to Metal Gear skip Metal Gear 1 and 2 or play Snake Eater first just because the ones before it aren't the "magnum opus." They should start where the series started. I don't get what is such a deterrence about it. Explorers is not that different from it.
>>
>>32109796
Nope

>>32109769
Good, we don't need anyone else overrating Sky
>>
File: 1446107403185.gif (494KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1446107403185.gif
494KB, 320x240px
>>32108713
>No mention of Grovyle
>>
File: 1408307068242.png (52KB, 420x289px) Image search: [Google]
1408307068242.png
52KB, 420x289px
>>32108713
pokemon are NOT for the sexual
>>
Furfags fuck off.
>>
>>32109532
>>32109796
I recently started sky again and it's just... how did super turn out to be the pain in the ass it was? Everything they dragged out for the first 3/4 of super- forming a team, joining a guild, learning to recruit teammates (which you actually recruit and don't just get handed to you)- all done 10 minutes into sky and set up to just enjoy the game and the plot.
>>
>>32108713
>No Team Charm
>No MAD/AWD Weavile
>>
>>32111660
They were just doing something different. Remember Explorers also let you stop the story and grind/recruit whenever. Super didn't have to show you how to do that until it let you.
>>
>>32109532
>Sky is definitely the magnum opus of the series.
Sky is probably the best in the series overall, but don't put it in a pedestal like that.
but thanks for not being an ignorant bandwagonner and just shitting in gates
>>
>>32111819
>Super didn't have to show you how to do that until it let you.
you did have pelipper island tho.
>>
>>32111899
I thought Gates had the best story in the series by a fairly big margin. Rescue Team's was more just a series of events that didn't really connect, the cast of Explorers was too dull for me to really get invested in (aside from Sky's episode) and Super's was a clusterfuck
>>
>>32111908
People don't really think about that since they can't level up the MCs there during the story IIRC. There are also people who just didn't know it existed when they were playing it. But you're right, it is available at the start of Chapter 2 which is incredibly early.
>>
>>32111925
>Super's was a clusterfuck
i think they may have took too much time wasting resources in making you able to ''catch 'em all'' instead of making new fun stuff, gates was going in a good way by letting you be the guild master and adding more things to play around other than just going for missions with your main team and nothing else.
I'm so baffled that nothing of the interesting mechanics were carried over to super other than the gold bar shop and the now gimped move leveling.
>>
What would be the ideal PMD game? What changes would make it objectively better than Sky, Gates, and Super?
>>
>>32112052
>objectively
Not happening. Some mechanics like emeras and IQ conflict (unless you change them but we're talking about them as they are now) and you have arguments for why either side is good/better. Also the absence/addition of certain things might be good or bad depending on who you ask. And then there are changes like how Super made enemies more powerful which some people like and others dislike. It's not possible to please everyone. The list of things that are objectively good is probably pretty small.
>>
>>32112493
Here's what I think is "objectively good", or at least not "objectively bad":
>text speed is adjustable and its fast setting isn't a slog
>not being forced to do only one mission at a time
>don't cut off character development halfway though and then introduce a new bland cast
>PP-Zero Traps and other PP zeroing effects are bullshit and should not exist in most dungeons
>menu interactions, such as buying/selling and team organization, should be easy to use and streamlined
>moves can be assigned to L+button rather than having to activate the other 3 moves in menu
>Switching leaders at any time in non-story dungeons
>>
>>32112600
>PP-Zero Traps and other PP zeroing effects are bullshit and should not exist in most dungeons
They aren't that bad if the A attack works at least.
>>
>>32072732
Fruitshield.

>>32072940
>>32073101
>>32073296
They could introduce a "Z-Activation" emera set and you have to use the right one to use your Z-move.
>>
I wonder if the PSMD duo ever uses the Connection Orb to shitpost.

I wonder what kinds of memes they would post.
>>
>>32113786
I feel like there should be just the one. Getting loads of useless Z-emeras for types you don't use would probably get a bit annoying.
>>
>>32113795
That's probably all the partner uses it for.
>>
>>>/wsg/1597214

I made this webm, but I probably could have timed it better.
>>
vpmd
>>32115828
>>
Does Pikachu learn Agility in Gates?
>>
>>32116960
If Gates uses its gen 5 moveset then yes at level 37.
>>
File: 1489339034073.jpg (328KB, 983x890px) Image search: [Google]
1489339034073.jpg
328KB, 983x890px
>>32115280
>getting through with playing sky for the first time.
>take time off to shitpost and watch funny webms
>see that
Even though I only saw like 4-6 seconds of it you somewhat spoiled how shit is gonna go down later and I hate you and myself for that.
The webm above it is great so I'm feeling conflicted.
>>
File: s.webm (240KB, 688x400px) Image search: [Google]
s.webm
240KB, 688x400px
>spam self-buff orbs to not die instantly on some of the later Gates bosses
>sometimes almost die anyway even with multiple reviver seeds
>>
>>32118084
>having reviver seeds
>not getting them all eaten by bugs or burnt to a crisp
I wish I was playing on your file.
>>
>>32118146
You can solo the challenge board with Virizion.
>>
>>32118462
>challenge board with Virizion.
Not doing challenge board with your Oshawott, using just 1 speed seed, 1 violent seed and surf.
and then getting wreck by that one add that gets enraged and doesn't want to die
>>
>>32118659
I just did suicide runs with 0 items lol.
>>
Why is this game so causal.
>>
>>32119121
>handheld game
that's why
>>
File: 1288393318393.jpg (51KB, 290x288px) Image search: [Google]
1288393318393.jpg
51KB, 290x288px
>just finished the main story of Gates
>mfw that whole bit over the next few in-game days
That was certainly interesting.
>>
>>32118462
Or Emolga.
>>
>>32119121
>Pokémon game
what were you expecting?
>>
>>32113795
I imagine my Super partner would meme really hard on Fridays.
>>
I hope we get Dewpider and Wimpod NPCs in MD5.
Not sure if they can live outside the water like Buizel/Shellos/Wooper though.
>>
>>32119448
Did you finished the epilogue?
If you haven't, when you get asked in the cave yes or no, answer no.
also, how did you liked the game?
>>
>>32119121
>casual
hope you're talking about the later games in series because
>purity forest
>casual
>>
>>32121443
>optional challenge dungeon
>indicative of a game's difficulty
>>
>>32121595
>he didn't complete the games
>>
>>32111899
Why can't I put it on a pedestal if I love it that much?

>but thanks for not being ignorant
Oh I see, your opinions are the only correct ones here. Thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>32121434
The stuff right after the credits is the interesting stuff. The way it's handled in RT/Sky felt a little hollow but Gates did it in an unexpectedly satisfying way.

The game (or just the story) overall was pretty good; the only thing I outright didn't like was the final battle basically turning into a generic JRPG fight. I ended up brute forcing it out with a health orb and 10 orans. The rest of it except for the desert scene was pretty tepid which is not bad by any means but it's not winning any personal awards.
>>
>>32122248>>32122248
>Why can't I put it on a pedestal if I love it that much?
Because you're talking about it like it's perfect, when it has it's flaws just like the other games.

>Oh I see, your opinions are the only correct ones here. Thanks for clearing that up
i'm thanking you for not being like all of those people who play 30 minutes of gates, drop the game and then start shitting on it and you answer me with that?, cmon man.
>>
>>32122273
>The game (or just the story) overall was pretty good
just the story, the gameplay is really weak

>the final battle basically turning into a generic JRPG fight.
i get you have not played Super yet, not gonna spoil it, but boy it gets really fucking JRPG for the last hours of that game, at least the final fights are pretty fun.
>>
>>32122537
I'm not the other anon, but what exactly is there in Gates that's worth shitting on within the first 30 minutes? I guess I'm asking why people hate on it
>>
The whole second part of Explorers is generic JRPG/anime plot.

>>32122983
Most people immediately gave up seeing there are only 5 starters and the text speed is slow.
>>
>>32123027
Oh fug, I forgot about the starters. Yeah that was pretty shit, but I guess it doesn't mean the actual game is bad. I don't remember having a problem with text speed
>>
>>32122983
>Only 5 pokemon from which to pick your MC and partner
>pretty low text speed that you cannot skip or speed up.
>the city and dungeons only have gen V pokemon and very few from other gens
>it's kinda easy i guess?
>>
>>32123054
yeah, you eventually get used to both of those.
>>
I think that most people didn't even WANT to give it a chance back when it came out, because they didn't own a 3DS at all. People have been giving it more of a chance as of late.
>>
>>32122583
Speaking off boss fights, how would you make boss fights interesting?
>some tiles of ground are destructible by explosions; boss can destroy the ground; broken ground expose lava/water
>the boss has very low HP, but when it hits 0, the boss instead gets stunned and can be knocked around by the A attack before recovering; pushing the boss into an environmental hazard is required to win
>boss minions give a passive buff to the boss, incentivizing the player into killing them first instead of going for the boss directly
>boss is still a Pokemon, but has "cognizant parts", such as floating phantom hands or vines, that attack for, defend, or provide support to the boss
>boss is an OP version of a legendary and has some interesting extra features; this is so that bosses can be interesting while also technically being actual Pokemon
>>
>>32123092
you forgot this

>boss summons Robotic Minions TM of unknown origin, that look suspiciously like toys from hoomin world
>>
>>32123092
i would love if in the next game the final boss isn't a legendary or some entity, but rather a weak pokemon that after finding an artifact it gained power that keeps growing through the game, to the point where in the end not even legendary pokemon can stop it.
also stage hazards in every boss batle would be cool.
>>
>>32123092
Make the boss room a mini-dungeon. You need to reach the end to attack the boss.
>>
>>32120984
Dewpider has a water bubble, it'll be okay
>>
Glacial Palace has some nice music.
>>
>>32123964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fBfoM-RMoM
>>
>>32123216
>Drifloon at perma double speed
>>
File: 20170320_173457_HDR.jpg (650KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_173457_HDR.jpg
650KB, 1920x1080px
Could someone save me in super
>>
>>32124430
region?
>>
>>32124430
>that circle pad
>>
>>32124438
Sheer Mountain Range
>>
>>32124457
>play smash for like 3 months
>padding comes off.
Ya, fuck that thing.
>>
>>32124692
lol
He meant system region.
>>
>>32123092
I don't know but the series likes to use the beat a boss but you lose in the next cutscene thing alot. So why not make those bosses incredibly difficult? Maybe even have an alternate ending for winning?
>>
>>32124704
Oh America
>>
>>32124750
>Why not make the boss incredibly difficult?
Unless it one shots you, and gets to move before you do, I've wasted countless elixirs and potions on those fights. It's worse on real-time games like the Tales series. I'll just reset while telling myself to git gud-er and try again.

>Alternate ending for winning
These are nice, but then it would cost money to script it, which investors are loathe to do, and it might change the story in ways the devs can't handle.

Some kind of timer might work well. Survive for X turns or time, then something happens like a battalion breaks in.
>>
New VPMD thread is up. >>32125125

I can't believe this is the 40th thread, not counting the Q&A. Time sure does fly.
>>
File: 20170320_192952.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_192952.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>32124430
>>
>>32125459
you still haven't been rescued?
>>
>>32125469
I think this is the guy who saved him?
>>
File: dungeon art.jpg (153KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon art.jpg
153KB, 816x612px
super mobile is fun
>>
>>32126749
that's cute!
>>
>>32122583
>>32123027
For clarification I meant "JRPG fight" as in it turned into that very basic "attack, heal, attack, heal" pattern with very little real strategy involved.
>>
>>32127150
>as in it turned into that very basic "attack, heal, attack, heal" pattern with very little real strategy involved.
Isn't that every boss battle in Super?
I'm trying to get all of the legendaries and most of the battles are
>cutscene of the boss entering the arena
>use petrify wand
>use truant wand
>move 1 step closer
>Die
>revive and use a team attack
>Die
>revive and use a team attack
>Half of the team dies because of AOE attack
>revive and use team attack
>boss got paralyzed by one of my moves
>spam team attack until paralyze wears off
>Die
>Revive and team attack
>Boss fainted
>Gj team it only took 9 reviver seeds, well done!
>>
>>32127150
As opposed to all the strategy from the other fights?
>>
>>32127939
at least in other fights you had more options
>>
File: 1416772208487.png (42KB, 160x159px) Image search: [Google]
1416772208487.png
42KB, 160x159px
>>32127927
I haven't played Super yet so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>32127927
>Isn't that every boss battle in Super?
Yveltal?
>>
>>32127972
Yveltal and every post game legendary battle, i just beat Darkrai, and the battle was Darkrai using this move that will put your entire team to sleep, and it will keep spamming it until all of your team dies funny enough one of my teammates had the sleep immunity emera, so it carried the whole team through that fight, since Darkrai has only one attack that he can use on non-sleeping targets, and it barely uses it though since the pokemon i was using was put to sleep, i couldn't do anything else than sitting there and see the fight, i couldn't even change the leader or use items through the entire fight
>>
>>32127972
Mewtwo, too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CbAGvTgO2Q

Bring back the itemizer orb!
>>
>>32129091
The Itemiser orb is animal abuse.
>>
>>32129528
Thinning the herd isn't abuse.
>>
>>32128072
To be fair it tells you that Darkrai's there before you go so it's easy to prepare with wakeful looplets or whatever.
>>
>>32123092
>The final boss is a evil version of you. Or your main character gets possess and your partners need to defeat you.

Yea its cheesy and kind of predictable but come on it would make for an interesting story.
>>
page 9 bump
>>
File: dt01923sk.png (61KB, 447x412px) Image search: [Google]
dt01923sk.png
61KB, 447x412px
>tfw two Ally Reviver emeras
>>
File: Luigui.jpg (5KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
Luigui.jpg
5KB, 245x245px
>>32134248
>Losing your buff
>Not using tough emeras
>>
>>32131716
The final boss doesn't fight you at first. Instead, it asks, while in the form of you, what you are doing here. You respond with (Saving the world from [badness]/Saving the world, apparently./What are YOU doing here?!). It explains that it exists to do [something catastrophic, but thinks it's necessary/good]. You ain't having that shit, so the [badness] makes a deal where if you beat it, the catastrophe will end. The 1st part is a regular fight, but then your partner spawns in along with multiple other mons you recognize, and they attack each other. The [badness] says "This is my game you're playing, and I'm changing the rules." You try to break up the fights, but only your partner snaps out of it.
Losing the fight, your partner pleas to the mons to help. They snap out of it and strike [badness], only to get knocked away, but not before leaving [badness] vulnerable thanks to their defiance.
>>
Gates to Infinity is okay.
>>
>>32136473
i really like gates and i agree
>>
File: vpmd part 36.png (4MB, 1000x8520px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd part 36.png
4MB, 1000x8520px
amazing what a few triangles here and there can do
>>
>>32131716
>Possession
Would have been tight as fuck if Dark Matter possessed the partner at some stage to inject copious amounts of paranoia into the story
>>
>>32138722
Dark matter posseses your partner and forces it to evolve, and you have to fight a dark version of the last evolution of your partner
>>
>>32137723
Hope vpmd comes back soon
>>
>>32129043
>not cheesing mewtwo

I used Shedinja and Curse/Ingrain Trevenant holding a Deflect Looplet. Ban Seed after Recover and watch him die.
>>
>>32138722
>>32138755
Your partner is delirious and is dealing with painful memories that are threatening to crush their self-esteem. You are immune because you're not really a Pokemon, but you are still vulnerable to being deceived by illusions.
>>
>>32139777
ha ha nice digits friend
>>
>>32138755
>evolved partner
That's a little too dark for a pokemon game.
>>
>>32140114
Kek wills vpmd to come back
>>
i had that poster with pikachu and torchic fighting a moltres, which was amazing because i was a torchic and my partner was a pikachu
>>
>>32141469
I had the one with Zapdos, but i dont remember what i did with it
>>
>>32140174
lel
>>
>>32140174
kek needs to do something about my job and/or boss then.
On a related note, I'mma go throw myself into oncoming traffic
>>
File: Don't.png (170KB, 252x303px) Image search: [Google]
Don't.png
170KB, 252x303px
>>32141768
>>
>>32141768
Try to hit one of those fancy cars, if you survive you can sue the guy and get some fat numbers.
>>
>>32141851
And then I'll spend it all on figures, yes good, I like this plan
>>
>>32140130
lol
>>
>>32140130
>That's a little too dark for a pokemon game.
???
>>
>>32143763
It's non-consensual evolution that is implied to not be temporary. Your doggo partner is no longer an adorable pupper.

New thread?
>>
>>32143812
Yeah, go make it
>>
>>32143838
But what if it sucks? I don't want to be a faggot OP.
>>
>>32143851
You're a faggot regardless
>>
>>32143857
But being a faggot OP is crossing the line for me.
>>
>>32143879
I'll be a faggot OP just for you then
>>
>>32143895
Not all OPs are faggots. I just don't wanna fuck up in being an OP.
Thank you.
>>
new
>>32143965
>>32143965
>>32143965
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.