[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yuri Game Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 630
Thread images: 58

Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Previous thread: >>2268893

Lists of Yuri Games:
http://pastebin.com/yfTjSKW3
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Yuri Game CGs:
http://pastebin.com/PXKFuZGh

Related Threads:

Kindred Spirits: >>2273371
Sono Hanabira: >>2204411
Life is Strange: >>2163084
Valkyrie Drive: >>2220890
Hyperdimension Neptunia: >>2260068
Alpha's Adventures: >>2262908
>>
Recent News:
Shadows of Pygmalion available on Mangagamer and Steam
Tsui Yuri patch keeps very slowly working its way through quality-checking
Seven Days With The Ghost has posted some translation progress but not very far along
>>
>>2276761
what is this? >>2276311
>>
>>2276814
https://nomnomnami.itch.io/wandering-wolf-trick
>>
I posted this in the VD thread but maybe some interested people missed it, rice digital is selling collector's edition boxes (All the bonus items without the game), so you can grab a Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni CE even if you bought the game elsewhere.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/merchandise/collectors-boxes
>>
>>2276761
So how much yuri is in shadows of Pygmalion? Vndb has it tagged only as shoujo ai so I have some eyebrows raised. Is it like aoi Shiro levels of yuri?
>>
>>2276919
>Vndb has it tagged only as shoujo ai so I have some eyebrows raised.
you realise that only means it's not an 18+ game right?
>>
>>2276919
It a good deal more explicit (some non cgi sexual stuff), but there's way less Yuri cgi's then Aoishiro and Akaiito.
>>
Has anyone reading in English finished Pygmalion's true end, or at least Riko's route?
>>
File: 6363463463464.png (265KB, 543x750px) Image search: [Google]
6363463463464.png
265KB, 543x750px
Kohaku x Oyasu best pairing
>>
>>2276919
"Shoujo Ai" on VNDB just means yuri but focused on romance, while "Yuri" is used for lewder works.

The synonyms listed for it are Girls Love and Yuri Romance, but they use Shoujo Ai anyway for whatever reason.
>>
>>2276965
not enough people raising a fuss to demand they change the default name of the tag.
>>
I saw a thread on /v/ yesterday claiming that you can actually romance girls in Blue Reflection.

Can we confirm that?
>>
File: sys_03_img09.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sys_03_img09.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
>>2276984
The game has a yuri asymptote.
>>
>>2276984
You can go t>>2276984
o dates. Probably nothing explicit and they'll call it friendship dates, but still...
>>
>>2277095
to dates*
>>
I think someone posted something in a previous thread about relationship mechanics in NoA2 as well? Atelier Firis looked promising as well.

Gust is leading the Yuri Renaissance
>>
>>2277122
http://gematsu.com/2016/10/nights-azure-2-details-new-lily-muveil-follin-roux

When you get intimate enough, you get exclusive quests to level up the Lily.
>exclusive quests

They delayed the game to improve the girls' entanglements so we should see some interesting mechanics in the future.

>>2277091
If it's anything like persona, at least one classmate should be on board the yuri ship. Wouldn't hurt their sales.
>>
I got Horizon Zero Dawn a day early and started playing. So far there is at least 1 cannon already dead side-lesbian which is more than I expected and makes me hope that there might actually be more. Ella Pontes is one of the half dozen or so dead bodies you scan to read their final messages in the introductory segment of the game. She talks about seeing someone in a beautiful woven dress and how it sparked a fire in her and how she couldn't make eye contact because she knew it was obvious how she felt. Her final sentence was that she knew they'd always be together implying her love wasn't fruitless.
>>
>checked gematsu comments about Blue Reflection
>someone says they wish their was a male love interest
>is told to btfo
Hope restored, just a little
>>
>Akaiito took almost 11 years to get almost fully translated.

There's never going to be a Toyko Necro translation will there?
>>
Torment: Tides of Numenera is going to come out in a few hours. Dev said on steam forum that it has romance (but not in-dept). Anyone played the early access that can confirm there are(is) lesbian romance(s)?
>>
>>2277258
>WRPG
>Romance
I wouldn't get my hopes up, onee-sama.
>>
File: 346345345345345.png (111KB, 260x252px) Image search: [Google]
346345345345345.png
111KB, 260x252px
>>2277241
Bless
>>
>>2277256
>this one example can be easily extrapolated to this other example
Tokyo Necro: a) has higher budget; b) has broader focus (cyberpank-y action, gritty plot, both het and yuri); c) was developed by a well-known company with a lot of successful games on their record; d) was released on PC.

It and Akai Ito barely have anything in common.
>>
>>2277264
what? rpgs are the most common thing for romances after VNs
>>
>>2277241
>a single comment was told to "to gtfo" on a western game website
Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>2277276
They're probably referring to how RPGs never have romance that's actually good.
>>
>>2277279
I'm mostly referring to Bioware and Bethesda, the highest profile WRPG makers, who do shit romance.

Hell, I'm probably going to skip any romance plots in ME Andromeda, all the female love interests look like shit
>>
>>2277283
I'm glad I am still able to enjoy things
>>
>>2277283
I enjoy the les romance in both those devs games. the romance it's 100% optional, too
>>
>>2277283
Why would you even waste your time on that trash at all?
>>
>>2277336
Well, let me know when CD Projekt Red creates an RPG with a female protagonist and lesbian romance options.
>>
>>2277352
Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 delivers.
>>
>>2277367
post yfw they pull a rockstar and let you choose between three ugly dudes
>>
>>2277258
Pretty sure EA version didn't include the "romance" part.
>>
File: chiyaree.webm (251KB, 246x660px) Image search: [Google]
chiyaree.webm
251KB, 246x660px
>>2277372
>>
>>2277283
Is the female garrus romanceable?
>>
>>2277386
What are you talking about?
>>
Just finished Pygmalion's final route (4th). Slightly above average. Lots of unnecessary babbles Doesn't deliver on romance because of M N Sham's plot--so was kind of disappointed in that. There were a lot of shipfagging too.

Also, does anyone know how to get the the remainder cgs? The game is basically kinetic, so I don't know why there are missing cgs between the pages. Censor?
>>
>>2277416
If I remember correctly, if you play the game again you get an extra backstory for a het ship.
>>
>>2277417
Sounds like a waste of time.
>>
>>2277413
The early access for RPGs like that is generally one or two areas, not the whole game. It's doubtful people who had access to the early access saw anything of the romance part.
>>
>>2277403
Allegedly she's bi. Dunno for sure, that's according to a leak.
>>
>>2277417
Disgusting.
>>
>>2277258
>can't change the portrait of your character
>stuck with some ugly default
Eh.
>>
>>2277418
It's been a few years so it's possible I've mixed something up, but I think it was the 2 lab coat wearers bonding over necrophilia. So yeah it's a waste of time.
>>
>>2277440
Should be easily moddable.
>>
>>2277416
I think it's an interesting piece of fiction, especially the branching paths where the PoV switches, but yes, yuri is the spice sprinkled on top, not the meat.
>>
>>2277437
good enough, might be the first time i buy a mass effect game.
>>
File: me_andromeda_by_vintem-daxmwhc.jpg (820KB, 1485x990px) Image search: [Google]
me_andromeda_by_vintem-daxmwhc.jpg
820KB, 1485x990px
>>2277521
After DA2, ME3 and DAI I can't recommend buying it. Maybe wait for the sale that'll include the entire inevitable DLC package or just pirate it.
>>
>>2277440
Keeping the tradition.
>>
>>2277524
I thought DAI was reasonably well thought of?
>>
>>2277527
Lol wut? Fuck no.
>>
>>2277524
ME3 wasn't so bad. Ending sucked balls, but otherwise it was pretty good. DAI was a bit of a mixed bag I guess, some parts were good some bad. DA2 deserves all the hate it gets though.
>>
>>2277532
I didn't even see the end for myself because ME3 was so intolerably god awful from the very start that I couldn't force myself to keep playing.
>>
>>2277524
ill try but ill probably just cave like with DAI and get it anyway.

whos the lez in this game?
>>
>>2277527
Characters are really hit and miss. Most of them miss. And the game plays like an offline MMO. The quests are really dry (collect 10 bear asses) and the main plot of the base game is weak.

The only interesting plot development happens in the final DLC.

>>2277532
It was. The way it hastily ties unresolved plot points that were hyped up in the last game is dumb. The Quarian/Geth quest line and Genophage cure are the worst offenders. The ending is just a cherry on top.

>>2277540
>whos the lez in this game?
We still don't know for sure. They said there is one lesbian character but we don't know if it's actually one of your teammates. The ugly Asari is probably bi like every Asari and the human girl with a wide jaw is romancable by a guy at least, judging from the trailer. Orientation of the female Turian Vetra is still unknown. She's the quiet onee-sama type that cares for her little sister and close friends.
>>
>>2277546
Suvi, the resident science officer of your ship is supposedly the lesbian option. She's not a party member though. No pictures of her yet, all the info comes from those who played the preview and tweets from the developers. All I know so far is that she's Scottish.
>>
>>2277533
This. It took me a long time to get round to playing 3, so when I finally got a copy I played 1 and 2 again so it would be fresh in my mind and moving straight on to the complete tone shift of 3 was so disappointing I've never been able to go back and finish it.
>>
>>2277529
It has an 85 on metacritic fwiw, I know and a pretty dedicated fanbase, so I could be forgiven for making that mistake. I always thought the franchise in general looked like the worst aspects of Bioware's approach to character design and story telling in a high fantasy world though and I'm not super into western fantasy games at the best of times, so I never bothered with it.
>>
>>2277527
By heterosexual women mostly. Oddly the game really catered to them more than to other groups. I enjoyed my time with it but the complaint about 'plays like an offline MMO' is very true. An awful lot of the quests and gameplay were just plain boring, and the ending of the base game is a big letdown.

But how often do you get the option for a lesbian wedding in a game?
>>
>>2277561
>and the ending of the base game is a big letdown.

No different to the rest, then. The storyline is ridiculously retarded.
>>
>>2277256
>Needing translation at all.
Learn moon, neesama.
>>
>>2277524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5JPYol3F0
I would also recommend steering clear. Andromeda being a soft reboot of the entire franchise is already a major red flag. They shit up their own series so bad that they can't even give it a canonical conlusion and go on from there or expand in other ways.
>>
>>2277372
Rockstar is known for making generic garbage with ugly dudes.
CDPR added a playable female character where nobody expected one.

Anyway, it's been said numerous times that it will have a fully customizable protagonist, stop making shit up.
>>
>>2277524
>create a universe filled with interesting races
>forces you to play as a human
>again
>also every human is ugly
Sasuga Bioware.
>>
>>2277613
>also every human is ugly
It was intentional, for "diversity" sake.
>>
>>2277617
surely diversity means some should be ugly and some should be pretty
>>
>>2277613
I can't wait for the next Bioware game where everyone is fat.
>>
Ahhh the bioware autistic shit posters return.

And Bethesda games are way better then fucking CD projects Het fest games.
>>
>>2277624
I like all three devs and recognize that they each have things they do well.
>>
>>2277624
>Ahhh the bioware autistic shit posters return.

Can't be criticism these days. It MUST be autistic hate. Because all the arguments that have been made over and over again (and thus no one has any interest in repeating them yet again) are nothing but autistic hatred towards a single developer.
Fuck you, son.

>het fest games

No wonder arguments go over your head. Jesus fuck, please tell me you're just acting this stupid for the sake of internet posts.
>>
>>2277624
I take CD Projekt's "het fests" over Bethesda's "games" any day.
>>
>>2277624
>And Bethesda games are way better then fucking CD projects Het fest games.
Skyrim is highly moddable so you can make your qt3 lesbo wayfoos and their harems easily. Which is why Skyrim has more players than TW3 to this day.

But TW3 had Ciri and depending on your dialogue choices you can choose her orientation.
>>
>>2277632
>>2277630
This isn't /v/. fuck off
>>
>>2277624
At least those het fests had actual plot that went beyond "hey, Champion/Hero/Nerevarine/Champion/Dragonborn, go kill some rats in my cellar, will ya?"
>>
>>2277640
Not mention actual interesting gameplay.

>>2277638
>video game thread
>talks about video games
Really makes you think.
>>
>>2277640
Hey, Morrowind had some good writing in it.
>>
>>2277634
>But TW3 had Ciri and depending on your dialogue choices you can choose her orientation.
Kinda shame they didn't give her more place in the game to be a playable MC as an option.
Or at least give a DLC where she would get hours as one.

Maybe after Cyberpunk 2077 they will create new Witcher series with selectable MC similiar like Bioware did with Mass Effect universe and ending Shepard story to give place to something new.
>>
>>2277640
That's really pathetic, and a complete oversimplification of the plot, and (genuinely) well-written lore in the games.

Since your defending the endless stream of het, I dont think you belong here.
>>
>>2277647
If they make a new Witcher series with someone who is not Geralt (and as far as I know he can't be a protagonist anymore cause he's dead or something) they'll most likely shoot themselves in the foot. The Witcher is The Geralt game more or less and the books as well. The Witcher universe has some fantastic lore though.
>>
>>2277640
>hey Nerevarine
Hey onee-sama, don't talk smack about Morrowind's lore and plot.

>>2277641
>Not mention actual interesting gameplay.
desu The Witcher has shitty combat as well.
>>
>>2277645
Fair enough. I'd also say that Oblivion had some interesting questlines, but the main plot was a disappointment. Shivering Isles were great, though.

>>2277647
>Kinda shame they didn't give her more place in the game to be a playable MC as an option.
Not a very good idea, to be honest. They would've had to skip the whole thing about Geralt looking for her, otherwise the game would've been too long. Considering CDPR said they're planning to work on the Witcher series some more, she's pretty much guaranteed to make an appearance again. Most likely as the MC.

>>2277651
>a complete oversimplification of the plot
Skyrim's main plot literally has you inhaling the soul of a dragon, surrounding guards vaguely reacting to it and then the whatshisname sending you off to run his errands while every rat in Cyrodiil tries to bite your ankles. There's nothing remotely legendary about collecting cheap swords to sell them to the blacksmith to get yourself a nicer pair of boots.
>>
>>2277640
>thinking video games have good plot
>>
>>2277641
YURI game thread. Talk about how shit or not their lesbian plots were. How generally shit they are can go back to /v/
>>
>>2277678
I think the quality of gameplay is worth mentioning as well. A game could have the most beautifully written yuri storyline and if it it had terrible gameplay I'd still warn people about it.
>>
>>2276966
Because there's literally no need to change it.
>>
>>2277527
Yeah, it's very good but the lesbian romance leaves something to be desired.
>>
>>2277684
You know that it's actually associated with legitimate pedophilia in Japan right? And not yuri.
>>
>>2277561
>plays like an offline MMO
It plays like any tactical RTWP RPG since baldur's gate, except with many improvements. If you choose to let the AI handle the rest of your party, that's on you.
>>
>>2277686
Good thing we're not in Japan, then. This Japanese loanword has a different meaning here.
Fucking autists.
>>
>>2277687
That criticism is mostly directed towards side-quests.
>>
>>2277688
Only genuine idiots and newfags use "Shoujo Ai" seriously and try to differentiate it from regular "Yuri". It also sounds retarded and weebish.
>>
>>2277688
Doesn't change the fact that it sounds fucking stupid
>>
>>2277691
You need to do such an insignificant fraction of all sidequests to progress the main quest, that's not even close to a valid complaint.
>>
>>2277695
In WRPGs side-quests are usually more important and more memorable than the main quests. It's where the meat of the lore resides.

That said the main quest in DAI is trash as well so it doesn't have that to redeem it either.
>>
>>2277696
>In WRPGs side-quests are usually more important and more memorable than the main quests. It's where the meat of the lore resides.

That explains Xenoblade Chronicles X's approach
>>
>>2277695
>You need to do such an insignificant fraction of all sidequests to progress the main quest

This is true, but people don't realise it at first because they're used to a different style of RPG. So they stick around in the starting area trying to clear out all the monotonous quests and getting more and more bored, instead of just moving on with the main plot.

I think the main plot had a lot of good moments in it until it ran out of steam and fell over by the ending, I'm a fan overall. But they really jammed in a lot of crazy filler sidequest nonsense that is absolutely not worth the time necessary to complete it. Finding out what's actually going on with those fucking skulls? There's a sad story in there... God help you if you actually knocked yourself out doing them all.
>>
>>2277696
The main quest and the companion quests are very good, and the blandness of the sidequests doesn't change that.
>>
>>2277695
It's not about what you need to do. It's about what you want to do. For me, sidequests are very important. They are what motivates me to explore the world. When 80% of all the optional stuff is "bring me 5 pelts" or "kill 5 bandits", it kills the motivation to go out there and check out those quest marks, not to mention any sort of replayability.
>>
>>2277711
Damn. Can you at least tell what sidequests are worthless at a glance? I haven't played a DA since Origins which at least kept its garbage sidequests relegated to the silly boards, I might pick up Inquisition when it's on 80 - 90% sale or something though.
>>
>>2277713
Anything that has to deal with "providing supplies". Anything that has phrases like "collect X" or "bring me X". 90% of all quests in the starting area. Just get out as soon as you can and don't do anything that doesn't lead to a questline of some sort, you won't regret it.

If you really want to avoid doing this useless crap, I'd say google a quest list with brief descriptions and find out which quests are one-time resource harvesting wastes of time.
>>
>>2277706
>The main quest and the companion quests are very good
>very good
I disagree. The main quest was uninteresting. The final boss is outright horrible.

And the companion quests vary. Dorian was surprisingly fine and Solas was interesting albeit bitchy. Everyone else was either bland or straight up sucked. Sera and Cole are Bioware's worst characters yet.

The game really only becomes interesting in the Descent and Trespasser DLCs. And this is only because the plot is tied to the already established Origins lore which wasn't even written by the Inquisition's devs.
>>
>>2277720
>already established Origins lore which wasn't even written by the Inquisition's devs
The lead writer for all three Dragon Age game is the same person and 4 out of 7 of the other DA:O writers were writers on DA:I as well.
>>
I had no idea /u/ hated good games so much.
>>
>>2277739
Western games are polemic because their girls aren't cute.
Japanese games can be shit with no problem because the characters are always cute.
>>
>>2277746
Well at least I know not to trust what /u/ says when it comes to things like gameplay and story now, it's clear a lot of posters in this thread have very different tastes than I do
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>2277749
That's a good lesson to be honest.
But what I said is true. NoA was largely acknowledged to have shitty gameplay, but nobody dwells on that; in fact, you'll often find posters who don't mind it because of the lesbians.
Meanwhile games like Skyrim get critiziced on their absolutely everything.

It's just my hypothesis that it wouldn't be so if the west knew how to make cute characters.
>>
>>2277751
Shitty is a strong word. It was serviceable and in my case even preferable over turn-based.

Then again I like Musou games and can't get into anything strategy related so fuck me.
>>
>>2277751
>games like Skyrim get critiziced on their absolutely everything
Because vanilla Skyrim doesn't really have any substance to it. It got so popular due to its immense modding potential.

>if the west knew how to make cute characters
But muh diversity.
>>
>>2277753
The majority of Skyrim players don't use mods. As of the paid mods fiasco, Bethesda's own data had it as low as eight percent of players ever having installed a mod. Most of the audience don't want and are susicious of games with depth.
>>
>>2277756
Oh no, onee-sama, don't trust Todd.
>>
>>2277758
To give more perspective to this image, this was taken before Special Edition, meaning only PC had mods. This takes in the numbers of console units as well.

So at least 45% of PC players used mods.
>>
>>2277751
Poor Sera. She doesn't always look as bad depending on lighting, but when it's bad, it's bad.
>>
>>2277758
Does it count by IP or by account though?

Should still be higher than 8% overall either way, but a big difference.
>>
>>2277761
I never played the game but other than that image, her haircut has always looked the worst part of her design.

I mean. Why.
>>
>>2277763
Unique counts by IP. See the total next to it.
>>
>>2277764
She cut her bangs herself because they were getting into her eyes. With a knife.
>>
>>2277767
Sure you can explain it in-game but it doesn't make the dev decision any better...
>>
>>2277764
Her hair is supposed to look terribly cut, as >>2277767 said. Too bad they didn't find a way to make it spiky-messy-cute though. They always seem to be way behind in getting good hair, graphically.
>>
Sera was shitty character. Josephine was nice, but the romance was too short. Cassandra just said she doesn't dig chicks after flirting her for a while (because her reactions were amusing). Why did DAI had such a shitty romances?
>>
>>2277756
>eight percent of players ever having installed a mod
Somehow I doubt that, looking at download counts at Nexus. Perhaps it only counts Steam Workshop downloads.
>>
File: torment.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
torment.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I like where this is going.

(Callistege is the woman in red.)
>>
>>2277749
>>2277751
Generally gameplay gets glossed over, but anytime I've requested strictly opinions on gameplay I've gotten good responses.
>>
>>2277816
My point was more that good gameplay is what makes a game good, and considering how many of the games being called shit here have really good gameplay (and how shitty the gameplay is in games the thread is calling good), it wasn't worth looking into the thread's opinions on the matter
>>
>>2277820
>My point was more that good gameplay is what makes a game good

People like things for different reasons. Yeah, that apply to games as well.
>>
>>2277797
Keep us posted anon!
>>
>>2277820
>good gameplay is what makes a game good
Debatable. I've dropped otherwise good games because the narrative made me want to punch myself in the face. Conversely, endearing characters or an interesting story have got me through otherwise mediocre games. For the most part, considering we are in the YURI games thread, I think the fact that the aforementioned games have little or shitty yuri are good reasons to not like them. Even just considering the opinions on the gameplay without taking the yuri into account, one man's meat is another man's poison. Dark Souls gets lauded, but I find it interminably boring. On the other hand, I've sunk hundreds of hours into things other people might think are trash. FFXIII
>>
>>2277781
The worst part about Cassandra was how she responds positively to FeMC's flirting for for the first third of the game, gaining affection points and all. And then she suddenly just goes "yeah, no, I'm straight" and that's that.
And Josephine's romance questline in the base game ends way too abruptly, without any satisfying resolution scenes.
>>
>>2277844
>FFXIII
I loathe the fact that I understand that feel.
>>
>>2277853
Isn't that the one with that cannon or near-cannon lesbian couple? I vaguely remember wanting to play that one specifically for the yuri.
>>
>>2277859
There are two female characters that are "closer than family". Take that as you will. It's very goggleable, so there's that.

Combat system and linear level design can fuck right off, however.
>>
>>2277859
Yeah, Fang and Vanille.
>>
>>2277844
I actually like FFXIII, though. Sure, exploration and story were bad (not the worst the series made, though), but gameplay and characters were great.

On the other side, I won't even bother with FFXV because I can't stand the characters.
>>
>>2277863
Linear level design was mind numbingly boring, but I loved the combat system once I got to Gran Pulse.

There's only, what, nigh on fifteen hours of a tutorial until then?
>>
>>2277867
>Linear level design was mind numbingly boring
It would've been better if it actually worked as intended. Levels in Persona games have a similar layout, but because of the wider field of view and more spacious hallways you can avoid enemies or sneak up on them easily. In FFXIII there's about 80% possibility that every time you try to surprise that one enemy fifteen more are watching you from the side that you can't see because of the camera.
>>
>>2277859
>Isn't that the one with that cannon or near-cannon lesbian couple?

Yes, and it could have been converted into a great OT3.
>>
>>2277866
Your loss. The cast is great and the main party has the best and most nuanced chemistry in the series by far. Leaps and bounds above the FFXIII horror show.
>>
>>2277873
The "levels" in Persona are fucking atrocious; there's literally zero thought put into their design. It's just the audience doesn't care because they're all there for the dating sim VN part.
>>
>>2277886
It's more that zero effort levels are common for JRPGs. Although Persona 3 takes the cake in having the laziest level design I've ever seen. Fucking checkered floors, I swear.
>>
>>2277884
Yeah, not, thanks. When they made a truly FF, I try again.
>>
>>>/v/
>>>/vg/
>>
>>2277884
>caring about the chemistry in sausagefest roadshow
>>
>>2277886
That's 4 you're thinking of.
>>2277884
When did we move to /y]?
>>
>>2277416
>There were a lot of shipfagging too.

What do you mean?
>>
>>2277693
What's even the point of separating yuri from shoujo ai? Is it relevant to separate them based on whether they have sex scenes or not?
>>
>>2277907
There is no point. People are just dumb.
>>
>>2277844
I'm a huge pleb, I read FFXIII fics, but never played the game, only watched the cutscenes on youtube.
>>
>>2277907
On VNDB? Originally because it was coming from the viewpoint of guys playing het games and just flagging whether there was a lesbian sex scene in it somewhere, often a completely random one having nothing to do with the plot. Many games tagged Yuri do not have female protagonists. The entire concept of "oh, it actually has romance between women" came along later, and the tag for "this is actually a girls love game" didn't exist for years.
>>
>>2277893
Persona is honestly one of the worst offenders I've ever seen in JRPGs. The dungeons in P2 were incredibly bad even by 1998 standards; P3 and P4 made them shorter and easier, but did little to actually improve them.
>>
File: 1484072422084.jpg (107KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484072422084.jpg
107KB, 960x960px
How come no one mentioned that the new Honey Select expansion adds yuri scenes yet?
>>
>>2277932
>The dungeons in P2 were incredibly bad

Can anything have worse dungeons than the neptunia games?
>>
>>2277937
It was mentioned a while back noob.
>>
File: 1486643286682.jpg (44KB, 945x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1486643286682.jpg
44KB, 945x1017px
>>2277937
>>2271861
>>
>>2277907
It's relevant for VNDB.
>>
>>2277939
It can. Imagine miles of featureless gray corridors, without any design elements and with an insanely high random encounter rate. You also have to crawl through every single inch of this hell to map it, because otherwise you won't get crucial items.
>>
>>2277844
I stopped playing mainline FF titles aside from FFXIV when the combat moved away from full control over the party in an at least semi-turn-based environment, I couldn't stand XII's combat and haven't played once since.

But that's a gameplay concern. Mostly I'm surprised because I have seen some fair reviews here which say things like "the gameplay is good but you'll be disappointed in the yuri" which is not what I'm seeing right now
>>
File: .jpg (205KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
205KB, 1024x575px
Shadows of Pygmalion is kind of strange. I can't really recommend it to a fan of yuri alone. It's like a weird kind of amalgamation of Fate/Stay night, They Live, Madoka Magica, Chaos; Head, and Da Capo II.
>>
File: 1484050208518.png (33KB, 366x354px) Image search: [Google]
1484050208518.png
33KB, 366x354px
Guess what game is a "Excellence in narrative" nominee in IGF 2017.
>>
>>2277963
Yeah, it was announced months ago, why are you so desperate to talk about that game that you have to bring up things that aren't news?
>>
>>2277966
>why are you so desperate to talk about that game that you have to bring up things that aren't news?
Sadism I assume.
>>
>>2277902
You can enjoy a good game without shipping the characters.

>>2277943
I still think they should just use a general NSFW tag alongside with "yuri" one. Do they have a "shounen ai" tag as well?
>>
>>2277957
It's the most yuri you'll get from a Final Fantasy game. Funny enough, Toriyama also made FFX-2, that is the second gayest (fuck Tidus end, tho).

By the way, in Lightning Returns, Lighting says Fang and Vanille had a bond "stronger than family". And I wonder if she says that because there was a lot of people saying: "They're not a couple! They're just like sisters!" on the first game.
>>
>>2277972
>fuck Tidus end, tho
Don't worry, he kicks the landmine and his head explodes. No I'm not kidding. This is canon.
>>
>>2277970
>good game
>shit dark pseudo-hack'n slash pretending to be final fantasy
>>
>>2277975
>pretending to be final fantasy
Final Fantasy series had so many different games with different tones that this part makes no goddamn sense.
>>
>>2277973
I know. Writer was probably pissed off about square forcing them to bring Tidus back.

>>2277963
>IGF
Irrelevant Gaming Festival?
>>
>>2277977
FFXV is the most different of everything they ever made, so much that nothing of the series remained. I played every game in the mainline and a ton of spin-off.

I would be okay with Versus because it was a spin-off, but FFXV is stupid. Hell, World of Final Fantasy would be a better FFXV.
>>
>>2277972
I never actually finished X-2, but I was pretty heartbroken by the end of X. Is it badly done or are you just unhappy because it interrupts the yuri?
>>
>>2277970
Yes they do. They tag all content, including sexual acts, romantic content, character death, whether there is rape in the game, if the rape is unavoidable. It's like the booru's and their image tags, except for VN.
>>
File: mom walks in.jpg (63KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
mom walks in.jpg
63KB, 530x298px
>>2277982
There's no real yuri in FF X-2, all the girls have male love interests. The fanservice Leblanc massage minigame is the only yuri scene I can remember in the whole game.
>>
>>2277982
It's pretty random. But...

>but I was pretty heartbroken by the end of X

That's the problem to me. They made you feel for the character, and then suddenly: "Oh, just a joke. Here, he's back."

I was depressed when aunt May died in Spiderman, and pissed off when they brought her back, for example.
>>
>>2277985
That one was really something.
>>
>>2277985
>all the girls have male love interests

They don't. Yuna is the only one, as far as I remember. And I remember Rikku being pretty touch-feely with Yuna.

There was not yuri, but there was potential.
Actually, I remember someone saying it's implied Rikku actually liked Yuna, just like her brother, but I don't remember anything like that.
>>
>>2277990
It's been like 12 years since I played the game, but I remember Rikku having some sort of tsunder-ish relationship with Gippal, and Paine being quite clearly attracted to Nooj.
>>
>>2277997
Well, I'll admit I don't even remember wo Gippal and Nooj are, so you're probably right.
>>
>>2277990
Rikku was into Gippal and Paine had a history with Baralai. Any "yuri" in anything X-related is pure delusion.
>>
>>2277751
NoA's gamplay isn't shitty at all and it's thousands of times better than the gameplay in any Bethesda or Bioware game (with the exception of BG2).
>>
>>2277981
>claims to have played every mainline game and a ton of spin-offs
>doesn't know pretty much everything in XV had shown up in its predecessors at some point
Never change, FF purists.
>>
>>2277981
>so much that nothing of the series remained
Describe to me what you understand by "the series". Is it the combat? The plot? The cast? What? Why does FFXV destroy it all, but FFVII/VIII/XIII doesn't?
>>
>>2278003
Mass Effect 3 had pretty great gameplay unless it somehow doesn't count because muh shooter. Bethesda is a lost cause, though.
>>
>>2277943
VNDB uses it
AniDB uses it
Mangaupdates uses it
You can tell them it actually means pedo till your face turns blue, they'll respond western fandom gave it a different meaning and carry on using it.
>>
>>2278006
Any element for "the series" we can choose, it's not there. That's simple. Unless you think the series is about chocobos.
>>
>>2278006
Let's not forget XI and XIV, which abandoned the whole "single-player JRPG" concept altogether.
>>
File: lesboshiva.jpg (679KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
lesboshiva.jpg
679KB, 1242x2208px
While we're on the topic of Final Fantasy, there is a yuri-moment in Brave Exvius.

See pic.
>>
>>2278011
>we can choose
I choose "teenagers with anime haircuts going off on an adventure". Hey, it fits.
>>
>>2278011
So you didn't play it, have no idea what the series is like and have no argument whatsoever. Good to have it clarified.
>>
>>2278003
NoA feels very clunky to me after Valkyrie Drive.

>>2278008
>muh shooter
Which is great, but that's not the franchise I signed up for when I fell in love with 1.
>>
>>2278015
So every JRPG ever is FF? Hm...
But whatever. Even if it was pure Final Fantasy, with turn based and everything, I wouldn't play it with this stupid cast.
>>
>>2278015
There's actually only one teenager in XV, but that's pretty much the same situation as in FFVII.
>>
>>2278015
The FFXV cast looks like an emo band
>>
>>2278016
I didn't played it, but I know how the series is like. How could I not, when Square shows everything before the game is even out? I also saw spoilers and such...

But as I said, whatever, wouldn't play even if it was Final Fantasy, what it's not.
The same way, if an interesting setting and characters with FFXV battle system came out, I'll probably play it, while still believing it's not FF anymore.
>>
>>2278018
Protip: FF hasn't been truly turn-based since 1992. ATB should be properly called delay-based, because it doesn't have real turns per se.
>>
>>2278018
No. But FF shares a lot of its "elements" with other JRPGs. Because it's a JRPG. Literally any other element you can name you can see in some other JRPG.

>I wouldn't play it with this stupid cast.
That's your subjective opinion that doesn't make the game bad or means that it isn't a true FF game.

>>2278021
I mean, that's true for 80% of FF games.
>>
>>2278017
NoA2 apparently has Omega Force people working on it, so in theory the combat should be better
>>
File: 52353245.gif (2MB, 540x280px) Image search: [Google]
52353245.gif
2MB, 540x280px
Too bad the devs didn't have the guts to make them kiss. Still, it is a very good pairing.
>>
>>2278019
You made me remember that another thing I hate about this game is how clear it is that their main target was west. Pretty much all the cast besides Noctis and the pseudo-Cloud shows it. And old-Noctis is full with western appeal.

And we all know what happens when japanese devs start to appeal mainly to west in their games.
>>
>>2278023
To put it bluntly, you don't know shit. And if you think turn-based gameplay makes FF, then 90% of all JRPGs ever made should be now called Final Fantasy.
>>
>>2278035
They shift a bajillion units?
>>
>>2278029
When will NoA 2 be released?
>>
>>2278035
I have no idea what this Western appeal is supposed to be. The lack of multicolored hair and kawaii catgirls?
>>
>>2278037
They become like Resident Evil. But I'm sure you like what happened to it, too.

>>2278036
I don't think turn-based makes FF, but there's nothing of FF in FFXV. Not even the setting looks like it. Hell, even the summons looks like something else. The entire "this is a fantasy based in reality" is just stupid.
Anyway, shitty game.
>>
>>2278041
I've never played a RE. I'm a big fraidy cat.
>>
>>2277972
That's nice but it won't be enough to carry a few-dozen-hour game for me if the combat is that weird shit they've been going with for FFs past XII. I'm more of someone who looks for a game that I enjoy and if it has yuri, hey, bonus.
>>
>>2278041
>Not even the setting looks like it
Name me what makes a setting a "FF setting".
>>
>>2278040
>dark setting
>action
>gritty characters
>all male cast
>"realistic" story

Pretty much everything, really. Not a wonder the game was better received in west than Japan.
>>
>>2278047
So basically FFVII then.
>>
>>2278049
One of the only other FF games I've never played, incidentally.

Mostly because my cousin is a shit and would never lend it to me.
>>
>>2278041
>Hell, even the summons looks like something else.
They are literally Amano's designs from the early FF era, before they got a ton of ridiculous bells and whistles. In short, you've gone full retard now.
>>
>>2278046
Fantasy, of course. The fantasy in XV universe is shoehorned. The anime even looked like just a normal city. You have a realistic city, drive a car, eat fucking cup noodles. And then you go kill monster to remind you that's still supposed to be a fantasy setting.

Let's not forget this game is a frankenstein made by mixing Nomura's ideas and Tabatha's bullshit.
>>
>>2278052
Amano's Bahamut is a guy in armor? Don't remember that.

>>2278049
FFVII had a colorful world, it wasn't realitic at all (you had a fucking doll in your party) and the characters were silly. So not, nothing like it. Maybe Advent Children, that's the shitty part of FFVII.
>>
File: 4754bhb56b5.gif (2MB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
4754bhb56b5.gif
2MB, 245x171px
I've only played FFVIII, but hated it.
>>
>>2278038
Sometime this year.
Unfortunately that's really all we know now after it got delayed.
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/16/nights-azure-2-delayed-february-2017-2017-window/
>>
>>2278054
>Maybe Advent Children, that's the shitty part of FFVII
You mean Dirge of Cerberus, where there are edge all over the place and half the stages are cities, corridors, or corridors inside of a city.
>>
>>2278059
That too, but I don't like Advent Children style, either.
Actually, I don't like Nomura's style.
>>
File: 36345345345.gif (2MB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
36345345345.gif
2MB, 500x265px
>>
Holy shit this thread is bad.
>>
>>2278047
>dark setting
FFVI, VII and VIII to a certain extent.
>action
FF has been flirting with it for decades.
>gritty characters
Not sure what the hell is that supposed to mean, but FFVII and XII aren't exactly full of fairytalish sunshine and roses.
>all male cast
FFI (original version).
>"realistic" story
VII and VIII, plus XII when it comes to politics.

More importantly, it's pretty funny to complain about Westernization in a series which was actually born from Western games (Ultima and Wizardry).
>>
>>2278053
>Fantasy, of course.
So Crisis Core is not an FF game?
>>
>>2278064
You're wrong on pretty much all exemples, but...I'll stop.
This is a yuri thread, anyway. Go back to /v/ to talk about your boys band game.
>>
>>2278027
FFX is not ATB. Also "ATB is technically not turn-based" is a bad faith argument used by people deliberately avoiding the point.
>>
>>2278056
I've always carried a torch in my heart for Quistis/Xu, despite Quistis spending what seems like the entire game creaming herself over that monosyllabic oaf instead.
>>
>>2278053
VIII had not-Belgium, not-Paris (complete with the Arch of Triumph) and you had to visit normal gas stations to buy gas for your car. A good chunk of the XII setting is extremely familiar if you've ever been to Turkey or Morroco. FFX is slightly fantasy Okinawa. Both FFVII and FFVIII served Korean BBQ and hotdogs. And it just goes on and on. For all your faux outrage, you know remarkably little about the series.
>>
>>2278079
Who is Xu?
>>
Did I click /v/ by mistake?
>>
>>2278074
>can't refute a single point
>g-go away!
Good job. Next time, don't try to argue about vidya you haven't played.
>>
File: 56576756h5nnb5655.gif (460KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
56576756h5nnb5655.gif
460KB, 320x240px
>>2278088
I guess lesbians just really love their video games
>>
>>2278086
Quistis' SEED friend and colleague. She serves as Squall's vice-commander later on.
>>
>>2278086
Her only friend outside of the main party who barely pops up after the first few hours, iirc. I don't think I ever got past disc 3 either though.
>>
>>2278076
All main games starting from FFX are not ATB, except for FFX-2.
>>
>>2278090
Sure, believe what you want. Just stop talking things that don't belong here. My mistake for giving you attention, anyway.
>>
File: 1439279420944.jpg (230KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1439279420944.jpg
230KB, 1000x563px
Christ I just woke up to hundreds of posts bitching about how every barely /u/ related mainstream game is complete garbage.

Are these people always here? Is the /v/ boogeyman this real?
>>
FFXIV at least has yuri marriage
>>
>>2278097
>I'll willingly engage you in a discussion about a thing that I think does not belong here
>And now, when I have no other way out of the argument, I'll pretend I wasn't actually an active participant of the discussion that I think does not belong here
Smooth.

>>2278099
Speaking of MMOs with same-sex marriages, I'm pretty sure I've heard of some Korean ones. On a scale from 1 to very, how desperate you need to be to play them just for that? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>2278098
yeah it's pretty annoying.
>>
>>2278098
someone should report half this thread for the janitors to clean up
>>
>>2278119
>someone
Just do it then?
>>
Did I misclicked to /v/?
>>
>>2278101
The XIV marriage is really really gay if it's two girls but I don't think I'd play the game just for that, you'd need to be interested in the game in general too
>>
>>2278136
FFXIV Is at least a decent MMO though. All MMOs these days are leaning towards terrible, and FFXIV is easily the least terrible.

>>2278101
Only kMMO I know of with gay marriage is Ragnarok Online, and only on private servers (aka not the official game).
>>
>>2278179
Well yeah, I enjoy the game merely can't recommend purely on the basis of yuri
>>
>>2277904
All the characters either kisses or do flirtatious things with the main character--ensuring numerous amount of ships fans can sail (fortunately, none of them did.)
>>
Can anyone please upload Love Ribbon? The only link in the archive is dead.
>>
>>2277417
>>2277443
IIRC, there's also the Chinese girl and the sunglasses guy.
>>
>>2278086
She's one of the SeeDs who graduated along with Squall, which means she's as badass as Squall, Zell, and Quistis. How come everyone keep forgetting about her?

There's an in-universe explanation for why nobody remember Xu.
>>
>>2278035
Newer Neptunia games are made with Western gamers in mind and they just keep getting better (and gayer).
>>
>>2277640
That's not really a fair comparison since CD projects games are based on existing properties with rich worlds, built-in lore, detailed settings, and characters. Obvioustly their stories would be miles better than whatever Bethesda or Bioware can shit out because they already have a foundation to work with.
>>
>>2278341
It doesn't have to be that way, but I understand what you're saying.
>>
>>2278247
>Newer Neptunia games are made with Western gamers in mind

They're not. Because what weeks in west fans want in Neptunia is a game targeted to Japan. Also, if Neptunia was targeted to West, it would probably be less gay.
>>
>>2278247
Obviously not, if western gamers are the target the games would have had a generic male MC.
>>
>>2278361
Yeah. Western weebs are the first to complain about yuri subtext and all-girls cast.
>>
>>2278341
Well, Bioware games have more character development compared to Bethesda ones. You can argue whether that development is good or bad, or even if it exists for some NPCs, but fact is, followers in ME or DA generally have more than two lines of dialogue.

It's one of the main problems with this kind of sandboxes. Since the player has complete freedom over who they want to talk with, who they want to kill, marry, mod into an anime girl, etc., putting time into fleshing out characters, giving them personality and depth, writing detailed stories for them is a waste of resources. Same with creating major side questchains. It's not a bad thing, objectively, free rein sandboxes have their good sides, namely potential for modding, but I wouldn't honestly recommend any recent Bethesda games for their vanilla versions.
>>
>>2278385
If they were fleshed out though, people probably wouldn't want to mod them, besides their look that is.
>>
>>2278387
To be fair, a relatively small amount of mods concerns NPCs' development/dialogues. Some of them add new characters ("Interesting NPCs" comes to mind), but even those don't have much to them. Most modders aren't professional writers, creating fleshed out personalities and storylines isn't for them. Although there are quest mods, of course, but only a few have passable writing.

Most popular mods are for visual stuff (character/item models, textures, shaders, UI overhauls, etc.), new items and combat/survival systems.
>>
I'm reading pygmalion. I feel so sorry for Makoto, Mina keeps dumping her to talk to random people.
>>
>>2278361
They did. Twice. They quickly learned not to repeat the stunt.
>>
>>2278520
I think Japan hates Noire game more than West.
>>
>>2278520
They added a self insert for the player into the microtransation card game (chaos chanpuru).
>>
>>2278522
That's largely down to false advertising. The SI wasn't revealed in any of the promotional material until right before the game came out, and the fanbase was justifiably upset to receive a different game than what had been sold to them. That's why it had so many returns and cancelled orders.
>>
>>2278528
Wish the idol game had the already existing idol (5pb) producing the goddesses instead of the male SI.
Or even Nepgear being the producer. Anyone but a male SI.
>>
>>2278566
Or the Oracles could be the producers
>>
>>2278566
That would be far too logical and sensical. Just like how they already had Kei to play the role that the SI takes in the Noire game.
>>
>>2278566
>>2278594
>>2278597
Why land on your feet when you can eat dirt?
>>
File: 1472964828060.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472964828060.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
All that thing about Makoto on Pygmalion...I'm dead inside
>>
>>2278619
It's okay, none of it matters when you can become ________God____. The Makoto section of pygmalion is definitely one of the stronger sections of the VN.
>>
>>2278619
Purple lesbians deserve better.
>>
>>2278621
well, it's still one sided though.
>>
>>2278638
She's broken for 2 weeks after kissing and killing her. She felt pretty strongly.
>>
>>2278643
>only 2 weeks
Clearly not strongly enough.
>>
>>2278644
It helps when your other consciousness actively dispels the worries torturing you
>>
>>2278614
It actually kind of surprises me how poorly those games were apparently received. Can any anons provide more details?

I would have actually though that the audience that plays Compile Heart games likes that sort of thing, though in hindsight I don't think many of their non-Neptunia games have achieved even a fraction of the attention. Like that one Omega Quintet seemed promising until the real male protagonist was revealed at the last second. I think I even saw reviews that mentioned he was the weakest part of the game and was extremely unlikable.
>>
>>2278688
They're also just not great games and having a male SI fucking up the subtext detracts from the series main selling point.
>>
>>2278688
I remember reading that the Noire game set a Japanese record for most cancelled orders and returns.
>>
File: torment2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
torment2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
More from Torment. Salimeri as a woman. It's a bit complicated to explain why she thinks I'm her past lover.
>>
>>2278688
I forget the exact details, but because of the day it was released it's first week was only two days long. It sold around 30k over that weekend. For it's "second week" it only sold ~1000 copies.
>>2278695
I don't know about it breaking any records, but there were pictures of piles of returned copies in shops, and it was already heavily discounted.

Times like these I wish I had bothered to save all that shit to chronicle it's utter failure for future generations.
>>
>>2278729
It's a good thing the game was a failure can you imagine what would have happened had it been successful?
>>
>>2278745
The Noire series would've been akin to blasphemous to discuss here and not much else.
>>
>>2278748
Worse, the SI would have made it to the mainline Neptunia universe.
>>
>>2278750
Yes, I forgot to add the /Neptunia after Noire. It would be like those games that should not be named.
>>
>>2278755
It'd be a great loss for us too.
>>
>>2278750
Actually, I just remembered something...
>>2278361
When the Japanese fans heard that the Noire game was being localized, they were half talking shit about the western fans liking it, half worrying that if it succeeded in the west that it might influence future games.
>>
File: 20170301195455_1.jpg (345KB, 1416x796px) Image search: [Google]
20170301195455_1.jpg
345KB, 1416x796px
Highway Blossoms is really fucking cute and cozy.

I really dig the road trip feel.
>>
>>2278804
I liked it enough. I thought it kind of dragged in the middle, but overall I was happy to play it and support the creators. The writers nailed the U.S. southwest as a plus, too.
>>
So apparently once again, the actually interesting alien girl (Turian, this time) in Andromeda is straight romance only. Enjoy your bisexual space-elf or human again, I guess.
>>
File: 464565yty.png (1MB, 990x557px) Image search: [Google]
464565yty.png
1MB, 990x557px
The infodump on Pygmalion is intense. But I'm enjoying the story so far.

Mina looks good with all girls.
>>
File: MEA 3.jpg (271KB, 1806x712px) Image search: [Google]
MEA 3.jpg
271KB, 1806x712px
>>2278832
>straight romance only.
I know this board gets a lot of /v/ influence being neighbors and the board itself is extremely cynical but you should at least extrapolate but you needlessly write something off especially with pic related. Probably which thread you just came from. The bottom part of that picture is what's important. Despite how others may feel on the topic, the idea of the turian being MCsexual shouldn't be a surprise considering the company.

Now this isn't really in defense of MEA, it's just more 'People should wait before jumping the gun'. The board and anons in this thread should really only care about it a month or two after launch when everything's been explored and we can get actual in-game confirmations. On it's own, it won't be that interesting and the romance isn't enough of a reason to care about this game.
>>
>>2278832

Thanks for saving me some space bucks.
>>
>>2278839
The Female Tur sounds like female Shepard. My brain and ovaries can't handle it. Please make her gay as fuck.
>>
>>2278843
I'm going to reiterate this because it's important. Wait until like May or so and then look up, on the eventual wiki, the romance. Her romance and see if what the ex-biodrone says is true or not. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if some determined person with the game or not hunts down the path to have nice sapphic sex with Turian Shepard. Especially if the romance is the only thing you care about.
Knowing how Bioware works, it's probably a matter of taking her with you everywhere and doing some key decisions that endear her to you.
>>
>>2278839
i really hope this isn't true. why even bother with locking off routes to genders? it's not as if the dialog hinges on it
>>
>>2278847
People got pissy that everyone was bi in DA2 as I recall it
>>
>>2278848
People felt it was pandering to LBGT supporters and SJWs. Personally, my biggest problem was that I couldn't tell Anders to fuck off and not flirt with me. That issue was exacerbated by the fact that the easiest way to raise your followers' affection was to flirt back at them, which made going for that best friendship bonus a walk in the minefield.
>>
>>2278851
I hate it because making everybody magically bisexual undermines them as characters and makes everything feel more artificial and fake which is terrible for an RPG. Not that Bioware can write non-shit characters anyway regardless of whether you can fuck them or not.
>>
>>2278852
half the options are aliens, why would they even have preferences on an alien species gender?
>>
>>2278852
I mean, sexuality should be the second least important thing about the character after their skin color (unless it's actually important for the setting).
It's not really that they're all bisexual, it's more that their romantic subplots feel impersonate and generic. Say what you will about locking the player out of certain romantic interests due to their chosen sex, but at least it gives writers some ground on which to base the relationship on, and it also helps to save resources by not writing two separate routes.

The only relationship in that game that I actually enjoyed was friendship with Varric. Probably because he rolled the highest charisma stat when he was born.
>>
>>2278852
So your deal is that da2 had no sort of development in their romance to explain why an established character like Anders would go the fujo route right? Reasonable, though considering the companions only Anders and Isabella were from previous works.
>>2278847
>it's not as if the dialog hinges on it
Probably their way of trying to enforce 'consequences' for actions. If nothing else, autists will figure out a way to game the system that allows for max romance potential while probably dropping only locking out one or two people.
>>
>>2278856
Aesthetics. Maybe some ninja turtles from space don't like vaginas/dicks/malformed tentacles or whatever.
>>
>>2278859
If some space-age mutant ninja turtle was going to be non-receptive to 'xyz' what makes you think they'd be open to only one of them? They'd probably prefer their 'uvw' and aesthetics is a weak excuse.
>>
>>2278852
While I also dislike "everyone's bisexual", I still prefer it over being locked out of a romance for my favorite character as dictated solely by some arbitrary choice on the developer's part
>>
>>2278862
Well it kinda sounds like there's no pleasing you unless it was an all-lesbian game
>>
>>2278860
I mean, why not? You have humans who masturbate to dog girls but don't like cat girls, some are exclusively into Asians despite being Caucasian themselves, some prefer blonde hair over dark hair, etc. Having a preference for your romantic interest's appearance isn't that strange. Especially if the alien with that preference comes from a world with both male and female individuals.
>>
>>2278852

Itl's a video game anon. Compromises are made for the sake of gameplay.
>>
>>2278864
Because you're thinking in a manner to similar to humans. Which I'll admit is an equally weak argument but everything regarding an alien's attraction to something is conjecture since it'd require a ton of work to divine. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Turians found faces more attractive over bodies. If, for some miracle, MEA has a codex and the codex involves more than a general disclaimer about the races then a more thorough argument for either side could be made. Like if there was a section about Turian art/culture or beauty. That'd work in favor of what you're saying. Considering what we do know, they probably find pragmatism and loyalty attractive though those are not physical traits.

Point is caring about alien sexuality, as an alien in their perspective, is pointless.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxVwHfCYr4&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>2278866
You're forgetting that we know nothing about the character in question. Maybe she doesn't spend a lot of time in the company of other turians; maybe her own views on sexuality and what is considered attractive differ from her fellow space turtles'. Garrus had a preference for women, and somehow almost nobody considered it strange. Tali would only let a man stick his bone into her. Thane couldn't be dicked but was willing to do the dicking. And you could even have sex with Whatshisname Snakeeyes as a female Shepard if you really hated yourself.

This new space ninja turtle isn't the first example of an alien having preferences when it comes to their human partner's sex.
>>
>>2278856
The problem there is if you follow that line of questioning you have to start asking about how all these recognisably humanoid alien races with consistent and familiar male/female traits/voices/names etc. even exist at all and you arrive at the point where you have to either accept that aspect of this kind of "sci"fi or throw the entire thing out.

>>2278862
I can understand the disappointment of not being able to fuck a character you like but I'd much prefer a game with a cast of great fleshed out and properly realised characters, not all of which wish to fuck me. Samara is one of the few ME characters I liked and you can't fuck her.

>>2278865
That's pretty much the exact opposite attitude you need to have when it comes to an RPG. At least this aspect of one anyway.
>>
>>2278863
>an all-lesbian game
Lesbians gaying as far as the eye can see? In my video games? I wouldn't be opposed to more of that.
>>
Pygmalion, more like Bittersweet Ending Simulator 2014.
>>
>>2278874
except i don't? there's a difference between aliens having a dimorphic sex and going so far as to say this alien has a sexuality in regards to something that's not even it's species. i find the latter far less immersive and wonder what the point even is.
>>
>>2278877
Neither would I but that's not gonna happen in a mainstream triple-A title yet
>>
>>2278877
>>2278882
A ME game about the asari pre space.
>>
>>2278884
i want this.
>>
>>2278879
>and wonder what the point even is
Some humans like their humans with red hair. Some humans like their humans with blue eyes.
Some aliens like their humans with tits. Some aliens like their humans with dicks.
>>
>>2278884
They could even do a vampire-styled game where you play an Ardat Yakshi.
>>
>>2278886
>Look, girl, this just isn't going to work out between us. I love you, but I'm just not into -
>-women? I know, I know, it's the same old story - poor little dyke getting a crush on her best friend and making things awkward. I'm sorry, I just really thought you ought to know. I hope we can still be -
>What? No, no, I love the pussy! I just don't date people with blue eyes.
>>
>>2278893
>Hey, look, it's me, Ms. Pointless Comparison. Hope y'all having a great day!
Don't know about you, but I wouldn't consider fucking a stranger who doesn't fit my idea of attractive. Whether it's the eyes or the hair or the genitals.

Now, the second post in >>2278839 talks about possibly changing the romantic interest's opinion about you to consider you both loveable and fuckable, which is fine by me. You build up a relationship, you go past the stage of fucking just because you want to fuck, all is well in the world. But I don't get why some of you people see the problem in an alien having preferences when it comes to shagging a human after they've just met.
>>
>>2278839
So there's a chance for 'conversion'? Like a good amount of /u/ fics/books/some movies where it's 'I'm not gay, I'm just attracted to you and want to fuck your brains out'? If so, that'd be interesting to see how they'll develop when it's the sex they aren't attracted to.

'Conversion' seems like a strong word though.
>>
>>2278929
Conversion is strong and incorrect since conversion usually implies a complete flip to the other side/whatever. MCsexual, like I said , is more fitting unless you wanna get into tumbleh territory. But yes that is the gist of the second part.
>>
>>2278932
Right, missed that with reading everything after. Still, I wonder how much more work that would take to animate/dialogue/etc. to make it feel natural and not hamfisted. The game could be garbage, but if the romances are written good it could be nice. Though it's Bioware romance so I doubt they'd be able to do it right.
>>
>>2278939
My hope, not that there's a lot, would be that it's like Garrus in ME2. You become good friends or so and then when the event happens you can start flirting in earnest. Knowing them it'll probably subtler because of the 'lock'. By that I mean it'll not be as blatant as it was in da2 or the previous ones where they make it super obvious. I suppose me1 style though that'll probably have idiots walking into them.
>>
>>2278929
>'I'm not gay, I'm just attracted to you and want to fuck your brains out'

I would love to see more of this.
>>
File: yfw.png (33KB, 366x354px) Image search: [Google]
yfw.png
33KB, 366x354px
>>2278944
>>
>>2278944
Go read old fanfics. Pretty typical justification that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't.
>>
>>2278832
There will probably be at least one choice that's totally lesbian if that kind of thing actually matters to you, like the co-pilot

And I prefer the more humanoid aliens, wouldn't have gone for the Turian even if she was an option
>>
>>2278839
>guys trust me my dad works for Nintendo
>on /v/
Oh lel
>>
>>2278957
if its untrue i'll be shocked. This sounds exactly like something they'd do.
>>
>>2278958
Anon please, it's like you're new. Claiming they have "leaks" is a shitposting tradition on /v/. On fucking /v/. Leaks happen on Neogaf and twitter. Never fucking ever on this piece of shit site.

It's literally never ever accurate and they try to keep it vague and plausible to bait people in.
>>
>>2278961
Okay by that logic, Vetra is bi. I think everyone on this board knows how to take things with a grain of salt imouto. This ain't /v/ despite you acting like it is.
>>
>>2278962
>This ain't /v/ despite you acting like it is.
You guys were taking that cap seriously.
>>
>>2278961
okay i'll remember this comment in 20 days.
>>
>>2278961
Funny you say that, because even Neogaf makes threads about /v/ leaks. Most of the time they're bullshit, but remember almost everything about FFXV leak turned out to be true.
>>
>>2278852
>I hate it because making everybody magically bisexual undermines them as characters and makes everything feel more artificial and fake which is terrible for an RPG.

Now, I didn't play Dragon Age, but I feel that's something that either people don't approach the right way, or devs are doing something very wrong. I remember people saying they didn't want that in Fire Emblem because everyone being bissexual was weird. Thing is, it doesn't need to be. Games should give this decision to the player more often. Sexuality have almost not influence in the characters personality in Fire Emblem. Hell, they made a girl whom the main trope is how she loved girls and gave her only straight options. I'm pretty sure they didn't change anything about the characters they choose to use for same sex marriage either. So the best approach is leaving the sexuality of those characters for player to decide. If you want to marry a girl with other girl, she's bi or lesbian to you, even if to other players they're straight.

I think every game that involves romance mechanics should use this approach, and those that don't are flawed. (that would be all of them)
>>
I already hate western games but this every character is bi meme is indeed fucking stupid
>>
>>2279000
God, I hate it when games try to cater to me and give me options so I can play the way I want to.
>>
>>2279002
It takes all the meaning off the yuri relationship if the character is fine with whatever
>>
>>2279002
yeah why would anyone pay $60 on an rpg where they can actually tailor their experience? it's much better to have the game romances locked off over something that's going to be inconsequential storywise, lore-wise, and gameplay-wise.

>>2279007
>meaning
You have a choice between a bi "genderless" asari and an inconsequential cast member whose route will be 1/4 the size of the others. really meaningful
>>
>>2279007
>I want a lesbian relationship to be portrayed as natural as a straight one in media
>a character has to be a lesbian or it's not special enough
>>
>>2279007
Bunch of yuri works feature "If it's you then I'm okay with it" scenarios.
>>
>>2279007
If the character won't comment about other preferences if you choose a lesbian relationship it's a non-issue. I swear people are obsessed with the concept of canon when it's a meaningless concept in a fictional story.
>>
>>2279007
Hey, I like having some special yuri-only relationships too, but it really depends on the story.

I mean, if it's an RPG and the character is equally fine with me being short/tall fat/thin human/elf religious/atheist mercenary/goody-two-shoes etc, no reason to make gender the deciding factor. Of course, since I like the validation of having my choices acknowledged, I'd kind of prefer a little bit of dialog touching on ALL of those issues and how they affect the relationship, but I'm okay with them not being dealbreakers.
>>
>>2278982
Absolutely not.

It doesn't really matter for something like one of those town builder games where it's just generic units pairing up, but well written characters you're supposed to get invested in should unquestionably have a defined sexuality if romance/sex is relevant to their interactions. Having some bisexual characters is okay. Even having some characters that initially think they aren't but come to open up to it is okay if you write it well. But unless you're making something specifically about bisexuality, having everyone be conveniently bisexual is insanely lazy and tells me you've put no effort into your characters and likely also your world and plot.
>>
>>2279049
I think the problem that a lot of people have with every romanceable partner being bisexual is that they aren't written for each gender, they just swap a few words and that's it.

If they had more of a reaction and entirely different dialogue based on what gender the MC is I don't think people would have a problem with everyone being bisexual. The problem is the writers either can't be bothered or there's not money to voice thousands of new lines based on whether you pick a male or a female character or something else.
>>
>>2279007
All the meaning is already lost once you're allowed to romance NPCs as a custom character. Everyone willing to romance an ugly jerk is as bad as everyone being bi.
For characters with consistent personality and preferences look elsewhere.
>>
>>2279056
That should be a given for any bisexual character. But no, it has nothing to do with the problem of everyone being bisexual.
>>
Allowing western shit here was a mistake.
>>
>>2279067
You were a mistake.
>>
>>2279067
Don't generalize there is some good western stuff out there. But the shit outnumbers the good by a lot.
>>
File: 1458818377708.png (28KB, 366x354px) Image search: [Google]
1458818377708.png
28KB, 366x354px
>>2279070
What ever do you mean, anon?

It actually won that stupid award.
>>
>>2279059
Considering I've never played a game where that was the case and a good number of people also haven't, I'd say that's the major problem and they just haven't seen a game where there was good character writing for both genders and it was different enough for people to not say that if the protagonist was genderless it would've been the same.
>>
>>2279072
Stop updating us on this. Stop.
>>
>>2279073
You're still missing the point that it reduces them from distinct characters in a world to "choose your own fuckdoll".
>>
>>2279083
>being gay or straight is what makes a distinct character!

SJWs must love you
>>
>>2279083
You have missed the repeated point that they're already choose-your-own-fuckdoll in games where you can design a custom PC.
>>
>>2279088
>character traits are what make a distinct character
Yes.
>>
>>2279083
>choose your own fuckdoll
That's pretty much every VN with a bland non-character as the MC.
>>
>>2279095
You're saying that not having a sexual preference makes them as trite as a "fuckdoll". you don't get to call it a trait after that comment
>>
>>2279098
My waifu should be designed to love me and only me, not cheat on me with all those other aids-infested players.
>>
>>2279049
Again, it's not about making everyone bi, but about letting the player decide. I played Life is Strange with Max not giving a shit to the boy, so I can see her a lesbian.

We are in a board where 99% of the works discussed are about characters that the creators say "they could be a couple or just friend. You see it the way you want." in the end.

Usually that won't have a big impact in the characterization (unless the character is a pervert) and its better than making everyone straight or gay stereotypes like the mainstream media will usually do.
>>
>>2279137
>We are in a board where 99% of the works discussed are about characters that the creators say "they could be a couple or just friend. You see it the way you want." in the end.
To be fair we're also generally sick of that and complain that we want more explicit couples... But then ignore the works that do it and go back to obsessing over the mainstream subtext.
>>
>>2279147
>But then ignore the works that do it
Such as?
>>
>>2279147
Even niche works are subtext. I played pretty much every yuri game that didn't look like shit already, so there's not much else. I don't know about you, but I rather the writers making these ambiguous relationship than making it full het. And let's be realistic, full het is the only other option for them.
>>
>>2279000
This is why I ignore mainstream media, it fucking sucks.
>>
File: ssssssssss.png (187KB, 936x360px) Image search: [Google]
ssssssssss.png
187KB, 936x360px
Is this the only momment in Pygmalion in which we get to make a choice?
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/415300/
>>
>>2279188
How gay is it?
>>
>>2279206
Not at all.
>>
>>2279095
>who you fuck is now a character trait
Unless it's somehow important to the character or to the setting (like Dorian in DA:I or that one guy in Witcher 3 who weren't accepted by their peers), it's not a trait. It's just a preference that ultimately plays little role in the game itself, if said game isn't a date sim or something similar.
>>
>>2279206
The first one is fairly gay since it has a female protagonist.
The second one has a male protagonist, so it's het.
>>
>>2278863
Yeah, why can't they just make a game with a fixed female protagonist and only lesbian romance?
>>
>>2279188
Didn't know Sexual Content was a genre.
>>
>>2279322
Did you know Nudity was a genre?
>>
File: torment3.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
torment3.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Now I'm having a really good feeling about her.
>>
>>2279188
You don't get to play the rub rub game like you're wanking off your Vita anymore though :(
>>
>>2279172
Yes. I recommend going from top to bottom.
>>
>>2279172
Top is best, mid is worst, bot is okay.
You'll get a 4th choice after you've done all 3 after a new game (no changes up until that point again) there aren't any love confession or anything at all. You'll have to headcannon if you want Mina to be with anybody which is where the ending leaves you at. You'll also be extremely disappointed when one of the end scene comes and there's no kissu
Replay the game once more and you'll get extra het scenes of side characters.
>>
>>2279137
Making someone a stereotype is an entirely separate issue that isn't relevant at all. "Letting the player decide" on an NPC's traits completely defeats the purpose of having them in the first place (unless it's literally a robot you program the personality into or something).

>>2279233
It is a character trait, the same as any other aspect of a character's personality, behaviour and beliefs. If there's no romance/sex then no, it's not necessarily relevant. But when there is, it is relevant.
>>
>>2279392
>"Letting the player decide" on an NPC's traits completely defeats the purpose of having them in the first place
If the player can decide on all of an NPC's traits then it's not much of an NPC.
If the player can decide for themselves whether or not the NPC likes eggplant lasagna because it's not particularly important to that NPC's story, that does not negate the rest of the NPC's traits.
>>
I can't be rich unless others are poor.
My romance can't be real unless it is denied to others.
>>
>>2279392
>the same as any other aspect of a character's personality, behaviour and beliefs
Your personality and beliefs affect how you behave. Who you want to fuck only affects who you flirt with, unless, again, it's a major part of your personality for some reason (past trauma, a world where being somethingsexual is looked down upon, etc.).
It's no different from a skin color. Most people don't behave differently because they want a taco on their taco.
>>
>>2279397
That would also be stupid to have in a game.
>>
>>2279431
It's not necessary to bring up that the NPC likes or dislikes eggplant lasagna. The player can headcanon it as they prefer. Because it Doesn't Matter.
>>
>>2279439
How do you know that? What if eggplant lasagna is the the key to saving the day?
>>
>>2279443
Then it would be important to the story and thus not fit the example as given. Just as people whining about not being able to date Dorian when his whole story revolves around him not wanting to be forced into dating a woman are being rather silly.
>>
>>2279400
It is not enough that I win unless others lose
>>
File: vg13_04.jpg (193KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
vg13_04.jpg
193KB, 1280x800px
Selectable female protagonists and their lesbian harems can exist in parallel worlds from their male counterparts and their straight harems.
>>
>>2279439
If you're a sentient eggplant lasagna and/or are trying to get people to eat it then it clearly does matter.
>>
>>2279375
>>2279390

Man, the 4th choice was depressing on its own way. And yeah, the yuri wasn't very satisfying in the end. It started well, but then didn't progress too much.

And there are still stuff that I don't understand (I'm dumb, I know). Like, why did Touko the nurse kissed and strangled Makoto and then said something like "now we are the same"?

I'll never look at dolls the same way again. Burn them all.
>>
>>2279491
There's more about Touko if you do the 4th choice again from the beginning, you can skip to the choices by pressing shift.
>>
>>2279498
So the nurse was Blighted too?
>>
File: 36020655_p0.png (466KB, 470x684px) Image search: [Google]
36020655_p0.png
466KB, 470x684px
I've finally finished Pygmalion. It started great, but it kinda dropped the ball in the end. I guess my main problem is that I don't like this ____become God_______ sort of plot.
>>
>>2279594
meguca
>>
>>2279621
become a meduka
>>
File: Boss fight.jpg (471KB, 600x3483px) Image search: [Google]
Boss fight.jpg
471KB, 600x3483px
>>2279623
>>
Trophies for Blue Reflection appeared, not really spoiler-y aside the chapter names
https://www.exophase.com/game/blue-reflection%E3%80%80-psn/trophies/
>>
So my dumb quest for interesting mobile games to play dug up something.

Love Story - Legendary Twins
Loli/Shota raising sim.
Gives you the option of choosing the gender of the protag and the child you are raising. Story is not this games strong point. Actually there might not be any strong points aside from the fact that it has yuri.

There appear to be three female characters with two endings each, which is more then het endings with named characters.

Following a walkthrough is recommended so you don't waste time on excess town visits. You can also find the requirements for each ending in the memories section off the main menu although you'll still need the guide to know which months and locations trigger the events you need.
http://chiyuki-suishou.tumblr.com/post/146004411358/love-story-legendary-twins-endings-girl
This page is cancerous but it's the best I could find.

I'll probably go for a Kuma ending since she seems to have some eternal loli thing going. The other options are an angel waifu/powercouple and sexy witch onee-san.
>>
>>2279660
>That last chapter trophy name.

I don't like it.
>>
>>2279752
Yeah it's a spoiler. It's obvious that they're not humans and can't stay there permanently.

Game seems underwhelming and anemic on the /u/ part as well.
>>
>>2279754
It seems like it truly will all come to muh tomodachis and nothing else. Well, at least we have NoA2 to look forward to.
>>
>>2279660
Has there ever been an example where English trophies appearing wasn't a sign that something was about to be localized?
I think I remember one time that was the case, but don't remember which game
>>
>>2279754
>>2279757
Well, one person's "tomodachi" is another person's yuri. Guess we have to see.

Has anyone said anything about the game itself? Is it at least a fun game?
>>
>>2279789
>Well, one person's "tomodachi" is another person's yuri.
That only applies if you sacrifice the stability of the entire universe or you adopt a child together.

Otherwise tomodachi is just tomodachi. In this case they're just high school girls waiting to grow up.
>>
>>2279793
If the word "adolescence" appears in this game I'mma take my nepstick to japan and go pyro on CH and Kyoani's offices.
>>
>>2279794
You shouldn't expect yuri from this anyway. Like anon said before: support NoA2 instead.
>>
>>2279786
Nethigh.

Anyway, it's clear this game won't be yuri since the beggining. But probably more relevant to /u/ than a lot of games talked about in this board. It's almost impossible not to put yuri tease in it, and probably the Japanese yuri fanbase will buy it.

In the end, the only not-vn yuri game in general is NoA. And even there it's played safe.
>>
>>2279800
>NoA
>played safe
You mean the original, right? Because based on what we see in the trailers NoA2 has really upped the ante.
>>
>>2279800
>the game where girls kiss and fondle each other during battle is already forgotten
>>
>>2279805
If you mean Valkyrie Drive, I doubt anyone is forgetting it.
>>
>>2279802
The first one, yeah. While it is yuri and pretty gay, it's also clear Gust was afraid to make it too obvious. We don't know how the next game will be yet, but the fact that there's "shiroyuri" written in the website is hopeful.

I love Atelier games and I'll be getting Blue Reflection, for sure. But I still wish NoA2 would sell more than them so Gust could go full yuri in all their series.

>>2279805
I did remember it after posting. I didn't like the game that much, what is funny, because I like Senran Kagura.
Still kinda different, though. Because while NoA is about a romantic story, VD feels more like yuri porn. What is okay if that's what you want, but being a game targeted to otakus in general, it might have some... Things not very yuri friendly.
So while it could be called yuri, it's still on a different level as NoA.
>>
>>2279800
>>2279817
Oh Jesus fuck.
>>
>>2279817
>next game
It took Fire Emblem 12 games for real yuri. I have faith in this series to do it sooner.
>>
File: 534634trtert.png (174KB, 610x422px) Image search: [Google]
534634trtert.png
174KB, 610x422px
The OST of Pygmalion felt kinda repetitive sometimes, but all the songs were very fitting. The sad songs intensified the suffering a lot.

>The Shadows of Pygmalion is an all-ages, action-packed yuri visual novel with hints of Greek mythology. Many may find that it has a very similar tone to the very popular 2011 magical girl anime series, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

So when will we have the Rebellion Story equivalent, in which Riko steals Mina's godhood ?
>>
Don't often come into this thread, but I felt a need to right now.

I bought Nights of Azure on steam expecting a subpar hackyslash game, and it delivered on that part. But for as cliche as the story was I somehow got sucked into it. Poured 24 hours into it in two days and finished it all.

Unlocked all endings including True and Bonus, also collected all memories and finished all day quests, but now I'm left feeling a little empty. Again, I knew at every turn what the story was going to be and the characters weren't the most in-depth but something about it all just clung to me. I enjoy the setting, an apocalyptic ever-lasting night as it were, and I enjoyed the servans mechanic.

But now after finishing it all I just feel a little lost. It's that post-game feeling but I just want to blog it or some stupid shit. The music really hits me too. Especially Predge. I started it up again today and kinda just stood at the altar of jorth, which to be honest is quite a beautiful place despite the general lacking in graphics.

But with all the endings I'm also a little torn between what happened to Arnice and Lilyesse. And with Arnice showing up at the end of the second game's trailer wearing blue (Probably implying she's given up on trying to stay human) worries me. Her relationship with Lilyesse was cute, and the thought that something has stopped that upsets me.

Sorry for the long-winded blog. In the end I'd say I enjoyed the game quite a bit. Looking forward to the second one, though I'm assuming for an EU realise on steam that's going to be like two years right?

Is this the power of a yuri game that isn't a VN or am I just an over-dramatic shit?
>>
File: 35436346trtrt.png (1MB, 989x565px) Image search: [Google]
35436346trtrt.png
1MB, 989x565px
>>
File: 53778018_p1.png (243KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
53778018_p1.png
243KB, 800x1000px
>>2280099
Now you understand why those of us who played the game on PS4 cared so much when that was announced.
>>
>>2280110
Truly it's become something very special to me very quickly.

I find it a shame that it seems to have such a small fanbase though. I was surprised it even got a confirmed sequel. Did it sell well over in Japan or something?
>>
>>2280112
It's one of their better selling games of late.
>>
>>2280112
We don't know the full sales stats, but it sold 170k in its first couple months just in Asia.
>>
>>2280112
Sold pretty well (more than Sophie), but I guess we will see if the second game does the same. After all, those who didn't like the first won't buy the second.

I hope it does.
>>
>>2280099
NoA is probably the only non-VN-game I really enjoyed recently and felt quite empty after I finished everything...
I'll probably get the Japanese version of the second game just because I can't wait any longer, and then the English version as well.
>>
File: yoru.jpg (26KB, 964x121px) Image search: [Google]
yoru.jpg
26KB, 964x121px
>>2280267
tfw constant delays
>>
File: shiroyuri.png (21KB, 737x78px) Image search: [Google]
shiroyuri.png
21KB, 737x78px
>>2280268
ikr
>>
>>2280268
So, when is it supposed to come out?
>>
>>2280309
As far as I know no new date was announced.
>>
>>2280309
"When it's done".
>>
>>2280310
>>2280311
Oh boy. I seriously hope this won't get stuck in development hell.
>>
>>2279845
>real yuri
Didn't Lyndis and Florina end up running away to live on the plains in one of her endings?
>>
File: 1486354404688.jpg (248KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486354404688.jpg
248KB, 1000x1000px
>>2280314
Still the best.
>>
>>2279817
I tried playing Senran Kagura after VD and honestly, VD just feels like a better game. It's so responsive and the difficulty feels better balanced. I guess ymmv on the yuri, but once you get to the end and find out the whole story it really punched me in the feels. Echigoya ;_;
>>
>>2280312
The game looks mostly done so I doubt that is going to happen.
>>
>>2280315
They're so underappreciated. Replaying the game at the moment just for them desu
>>
>>2280314
According to the wiki Florina went back to her own country eventually. And the ending insists on the friendship part, of course.
>>
>>2280331
Just 'friends' running off in the exact same way Lyndis' mother did, yup. I get what you're getting at though.
>>
>>2280337
And as far as I know, it's still the fastest support in FE. Starts off basically at C rank already and has a 4 point a turn growth.

I say this but I don't know if supports still function the same way in the 3DS games.
>>
>>2280315
>>2280318
They're supercute. I played that game for them as well, but my autism got in the way, making me try to do everything perfect, and I couldn't finish it.
>>
>>2280378
Yeah, I'm the same on this playthrough, but I don't remember it happening last time. I think my thirst was greater and I just powered through
>>
>>2279845
Here's hoping the new fire emblem game won't let us down again.

... Here's hoping also that Nintendo of America doesn't screw the pooch yet again.
>>
>>2280316
My biggest problem with VD is the writing. SK has some interesting texts, or they're at least brief. VD gives me these giant wall of text with expository shit that I don't care about. It's not a good story, just don't try too hard. Maybe gives me wall of text of gay shit, then.

I'll go back to it yet, maybe it gets better.
I think there's way too few characters, too, but first SK was like that. I also don't like how the weapon's form are locked to the liberator instead of the extar. It makes no sense.
>>
>>2280451
I just reasoned as a new form of the virus it was more suited for their combat exercises (and easier to do gameplay-wise). The government is obviously doing shady shit with quarantining girls on islands and letting the virus develope and it's probably just the next guided evolution of the virus to make it more efficient, having every girl be capable of fighting regardless of the conditions they're presented with.
>>
For people who finished all of Pymalion's endings, which is the best one? I know the unlockable 4th choice is the "true" ending, but from what I've heard it might not be the best one.
>>
>>2280450
I'm actually expecting the avatar to same sex s rank everyone with an occasional unique support for male or female mc like persona 3. See: Flora

There is no way they'll take back gay marriage.

>it's almost time for another fire emblem game
>a new nights of azure game comes out every two years
Wew, ladettes.
>>
>>2280575
I kinda hope they'll make some same sex support for side characters, too, though. Don't need to do for everyone, but there's a lot of characters pretty gay for others that can't marry them.
>>
>>2280534
Imo those 3 endings are all miserable and sad in their own way. The less sad one is probably the one you click "Let's take Akane and Reika home" or something like that. Aka the one from Riko's POV.

Cause it feels like that route ended before it got even worse.
>>
Atelier Firis Steam page is up. It will be released at 7 March.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/527290/

If you didn't read the description (or even if you do), you'd think that it's the journey of two lesbians...
>>
>>2280618
Hmm. Since KT decided not to bother with a limited edition for the ps4, I can't decide if I should get it on steam or not
>>
>>2280618
>4 months to localize
>it's a simultaneous PS4, vita, and pc launch

These are some good signs.
>>
File: ikemen bishoujos.jpg (187KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
ikemen bishoujos.jpg
187KB, 595x842px
Haven't seen this posted before.
>>
>>2280640

Holy shit. It's a steam release alongside the PS4 and Vita?

Is the future here?

I would have expected this type of release in like a years time since most asian devs are finally porting stuff over to steam slowly. But holy shit, color me both surprised and impressed.
>>
>>2280653
Fuck Mistral.

Bitch was a huge jump in difficulty compared to the rest of the game.
>>
>>2280658
She's not that bad if you know what to expect. Or if you have Nightmare form. But yeah, going in blind will wreck you.
>>
>>2280658
She was a post-main story boss, that's why.
>>
>>2280662
I went in blind without Nightmare form. After the first time she poisoned and killed my whole group i got poison resist gear. The second time I found out she charms too. So had to get null status effects after the second wipe.

It's a pain when your own servan can one-shot you nearly though. Eventually learnt to just unsummon them all as I only had a spirit mask for my healer.

It was still fun in the end though. But damn she makes every other boss a joke. Chris wasn't even half her difficulty.
>>
>>2280534
It's undeniably the true ending. Everyone involved is better off in that ending because they're _____actually alive. Riko's is just the true ending cut short, Yang's is kind of weird because she hardly interacted with the main trio, and Jessica's is weird because Mina acts differently.
>>
>>2280640
>jp release
>4 months for a localized Nights of Azure 2 pc port
>>
>>2280681
This is my dream. I also hope Blue Reflection gets the same treatment. This revolution is making my semi-recent PS4 purchase almost worthless, though.
>>
>>2280681
My nipples are erect.

Please let this happen.
>>
Playing through Shadows of Pygmalion. The beginning is unnecessarily drawn out, boring, and info teasing but thankfully it picks up and is becoming interesting. Not a fan of how the kisses so far are only "seen" through text rather than CG and if IIRC there is no kiss CG.

Legit cried tho for poor Makoto. Makoto's death scene was super heartbreaking. She deeply cared for Mina but Mina just kept pushing her away. Tbh, Makoto deserved better since Mina was so insensitive.
>>
>>2280658
I can still remember the beginning guitar riffs of her theme from having to restart the Mistral battle a million times. I think she's the only battle I ever had to reattempt in the game since the game was relatively easy.
>>
>>2280711
Persona tends to release on two generations of consoles so you might get P6 or a P3 remake on it with hopefully femcs. If they felt like it, we may even get a P4 remake with Yuri Narukami.

>New IP announced
>It's Yoru no Nai Kuni
>It's got unexpectedly good sales
>3 weeks later they say they'll bring it to the west as Nights of Azure
>6 months later it's localized
>9 months later they'll port it to PC
>2 months later it arrives on Steam
>sequel launches less than 2 years later

>now
>Atelier Firis
>launches in Japan
>localized with pc in 4 months

If Blue Reflection doesn't pull a fast one to make everyone hate it, odds are, we'll see it in August or so on the pc.
>>
>>2280099
>Nights of Azure franchise
>made of yuri and feels

I am looking forward to seeing Oneesama suffer.
>>
>>2280681
>>2280711
Even if that happens I'll probably get the PS4 version anyway just so I can get the CE like I did with the first game (assuming the game doesn't do anything to piss me off).

My PS4 is desperate for games too. It's kind of funny that I bought a Vita just for VDB which came after my PS4, but if I'd just gotten the Vita first I'd be able to play all the games I have for my PS4 on either Vita or PC and not even need the PS4.
>>
>>2280726
>P6
>FeMC

Haha, you can give up on that. Atlus won't make female MC even for SMT, where it shouldn't be hard at all, since they would only change the character model, like Digimon.

They give a bullshit reason like tradition.

Persona reads like a shitty harem-LN and have shitty gameplay, anyway, so whatever.
>>
File: 1446325584284.jpg (118KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1446325584284.jpg
118KB, 1440x810px
Fuck you PygmalionMakoto did nothing wrong
>>
>>2280796
And I mean literally
>>
I did not expect Nurse Love Addiction to basically go "Mother/daughter is fine too!"
>>
>Nights of Azure will be released in 2017
>Guess when?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01KWYZPS0/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_asp_rG.jM.C2QW5PQ

I ain't even mad.
>>
>>2280944
The last day of the year?

Something tells me that can't be right. Maybe just a placeholder?
>>
>>2280945
It is. it means it will be out in 2018 sometime.
>>
>>2280923
Mother x daughter is something I like but the fact that a dick needs to have been involved leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. We need mother x daughter from magic/science yuripregnancy.
>>
>>2280953
It's a science baby (who is also magically) with two mothers in NLA.

There's also Seisai no Resonance and a few doujin yurige with them too.
>>
>>2280959
>and a few doujin yurige with them too.
Those are just ones where couples have a baby though, not mother x daughter.
>>
>>2280945
All unconfirmed release dates listed by Amazon are merely Amazon's best guesses. Contrary to what some people believe, Amazon has no insider information concerning other companies' products. You can safely ignore any release date that has not been announced by Gust.
>>
File: 1487185711421.jpg (27KB, 638x693px) Image search: [Google]
1487185711421.jpg
27KB, 638x693px
>>2280949
They better make five more lesbians and a god damn harem marriage ending with interactive QTE sex scenes for making me wait this fucking long fuck.
>>
File: pregnancythroughipscells.png (918KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pregnancythroughipscells.png
918KB, 1280x720px
>>2280953
You forgot to listen in class onee-sama
>>
>>2280923
>I did not expect Nurse Love Addiction to basically go "this fucked up thing is fine too!"
Yeah that's the beauty of that VN.
>>
>>2280974
That makes sense, thanks anon.
>>
>>2280986
How can you say you love her if you won't even swallow her vomit?
>>
>>2280980
>dating mechanic implemented
>Post game mode
>all the feminine bosses are now Lilies
>>
>>2280983
I don't actually think there are any men in that universe. Even no face randoms like the elderly in the hospital are women.
>>
>>2281025
HakuAi avoids mentioning men, but there were male characters in ShiroKoi and that's the same setting.
>>
>>2281025
And the creepy rapists on the beech, who offer Asuka candy to go with them are all females.
>>
>>2281134
>creepy rapists
is that really how you viewed them? christ
>>
File: 356484684.png (772KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
356484684.png
772KB, 1280x720px
>>2281134
This is really a low standard for "rapist"
>>
>>2281151
I feel violated already.
>>
>>2281137
They were offering her candy so she could go with them, and they could have there way with her.

That's pretty rapey.
>>
>>2281155
Is it too problematic for you?
>>
>>2281161
It is when there clearly taking advantage of a girl who has mental problems, is stupid, and clearly really scared.
>>
File: 1487406949087.jpg (404KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487406949087.jpg
404KB, 1280x720px
>>2281151
I'm ruined for marriage!
>>
>>2281162
You should write about it on your tumblr.
>>
>>2281137
Wasn't that the intent? It was obviously being played for laughs but it was also very obviously a joke about strangers in vans with candy luring little girls away to molest them.

I didn't find it creepy, certainly not in the context of THIS game. It was funny. But it also had very obvious implications.
>>
>>2281166
So people who dont like girls being raped belong on tumblr? Okay.
>>
>>2281025
The translation referred to a character's "mother" and "other parent" because they couldn't say father because men don't exist.
>>
>>2281173
Hate to tell you but there are plenty of people on tumblr who love girls being raped too, it's not much of a safespace.

I just wish the porn blogs would quit blogging giant cocks tagged 'goth lesbians'
>>
>>2281173
Exactly.
This is why we have always have a rape thread up.
>>
>>2281151
HOLY SHIT, spoiler that
>>
>>2281172
What it's obviously a reference to is the normies who go around trying to pick up girls for stupid consensual normie flings.
>>
>>2281178
kek
>>
>>2281182
Neesan, that's not correct. It was lead up to by Itsuki joking about how dumb Asuka is, such that she might be lured away _by candy, like a child_ into doing things she didn't actually want to do. Asuka protested the idea that she was actually that stupid, as well as the idea that anyone would even try that. And then, a semi Gilligan Cut later, it happens.

If it was about a consensual normie fling, it wouldn't have been entirely about Asuka stammering and saying no while they tried to invent candies to bribe her with and then began touching her without her permission.
>>
Is there any Yuri grand strategy titles like Total War?
>>
File: 1487404541141.png (1MB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
1487404541141.png
1MB, 500x646px
>sexy older onee-samas bribing little girls with candy on the beach
>>
>>2281191
I didn't know I wanted this until now
>>
>>2281191
DOUJINS
W
H
E
R
E
>>
>>2281191
>>2281192
fund it
>>
>>2281190
I don't think so, but you can play multiplayer Europa.
>>
>>2281233
CK2 allows homosexual characters. That's all I can think of.
>>
>>2281237
Isn't that just like a negative trait that gives -10% fertility or something?
>>
>>2281281
No, because there's also a bunch of events related to it.
>>
>>2281025
What about the kid that Sakuya and Itsuki healed? I don't remember that clearly, but I thought it had the voice of a little boy?
>>
>>2281019
This just made me think that somebody should make a dungeon keeper style game except instead of killing off adventurers, all your various minions are lesbian monster girls/soldiers and the goal is to trap/capture as many cute female adventurers as possible for some lovin.
>>
>>2281281
It actually changes the sexuality of your character which changes who is eligible for certain events and actions. Like random lover events that can happen at any time or are more likely at parties, and who you can attempt to seduce if you take the lifestyle for that. Used to be able to very easily literally cuck any and every important (or unimportant) married male character within a thousand miles of you but it was extremely overkill and the AI could do it too so it had to be toned down. Not sure how hard something like that is now.

Worth pointing out that the system is modular, meaning if other "you can't do this" tags get flipped off you can do other things. Like how Zoroastrians allow and prefer incestuous relationships. I once had a dynasty of Zoroastrians where my daughters (who kept being gay for some reason) couldn't stop fucking each other and occasionally their mothers.

But a core gameplay mechanic of CK2 is keeping your dynasty running for hundreds of years which means getting married and having children, which is impossible as a gold star lesbian. Play it if you like what the game is about and then do gay shit as a bonus.
>>
File: kat_and_raven_.jpg (2MB, 3535x5000px) Image search: [Google]
kat_and_raven_.jpg
2MB, 3535x5000px
Just finished Gravity Rush 2. And while I remember people talking about it, just wanted to say that it's funny how in the first game Kat says she want a boyfriend in one chapter and find some guys "cute", but there's nothing like that at all in the sequel.
She never shows any interest in the guys (even though some shows interest in her), and not even comment about finding they actrative or wanting a boyfriend or something...even though the second game has way more text and dialogues.

I wonder if that's on purpose, but it does makes it easier to ship her with Raven.
>>
>>2280923
With Kyoko or Asuka? If Kyoko decided to go after Sakuya again, would that make that 200% incest?
>>
Finally finished Shadows of Pygmalion. In my opinion, it was a huge waste of time and you should avoid if you're considering it. Some of my thoughts:

Mina, the MC, is the average everyday girl, that is liked by everyone for some reason,but is actually the special chosen one. Where have I heard this 100x times before.

The VN wastes a lot of time being a bore. I think it has 3 sequences where MC was being mopey and lamenting on the current situation for like a solid real-life hour, only to quickly make up her mind and move forward in a few minutes. These moments basically were just time padding, im o.

Minawa is a creep true ending marriage wtf

This game is hardly yuri. No kiss CGs, and the kisses you read about aren't really taken seriously. If you go in for the yuri you be severely disappointed. Heck, I think the het relationships/ships got better closure in this vn.

I wanted to like Yang, but the game barely uses or develops her as a character even in her own ending route.
>>
>>2281371
Please spoil me the yuri route anon
>>
Last thread is approaching the end of the list, new thread sometime in the next day or two. Any major news recently?
>>
File: 4656ryrtyr.png (155KB, 784x130px) Image search: [Google]
4656ryrtyr.png
155KB, 784x130px
>>2281371
>Minawa is a creep

Does it even count as marriage? I thought that Touko was just a doll, since Minawa cut her all over during Makoto's arc, I don't think she would survive that.

I feel the same about Yang. I though this game would have multiple romance routes and Yang would be a suitor, but she barely has any screentime and she is not part of the "golden trio". And even worse, she has het scenes, which was unecessary, specially in a yuri game. Her issue with her mom would have been good enough.
>>
So how dark did Nights of Azure get? I'm trying to gauge how much suffering the sequel will have.
>>
>>2281536
Depends what you mean by "dark".
>>
Speaking about Pygmalion, can someone explain one thing about it? I dropped the game around 1-2 hours in.
I was wondering, why while fighting all other dolls, they tolerate/worship golden haired doll? What was golden haired doll aim? Did she really want to help people to kill all other dolls?
>>
>>2281550
There are multiple demigod dolls, each representing a sort of ideology, and the winning one (the one that survives) is supposed to become the god of the next world as the current one is about to end, so it gets to influence what the next world is like. Each of them has a load of puppets hidden within society, but also has some humans who were drawn to it because they support the concept of the world it would create, and those humans also become its puppets and try to defeat the other teams. However, things don't go quite so simply in Pygmalion.
>>
>>2281536
I haven't finished the true ending yet because I need to level up a servan for the Nightmare Form and get a few items to defeat a certain extra boss, but, as for the rest of the game, the suffering is buried under several layers of goofiness and lighthearted moments, with a really comfy atmosphere overall.
The normal ending is a bit of a letdown, but thankfully that isn't the true ending, so I'll pretend it never happened.
>>
>>2281536
The true ending they get back together.

The bonus ending Arnice becomes the new Nightlord outright and basically tells Lilysse to fuck off.

Take that as you will.
>>
File: 1485494925646.jpg (17KB, 224x239px) Image search: [Google]
1485494925646.jpg
17KB, 224x239px
>>2281637
>basically tells Lilysse to fuck off
That's a stupid way to describe it. She doesn't just leave her heartbroken. She takes her memories away so only she can have them while Lilysse can live without remorse. It's a sorrowful ending for both of them, especially Arnice.
>>
>>2281645
Sure, she does that, doesn't change the fact she basically did that though.
>>
>>2281424
There is no "yuri" route, all paths lead to godhood.
>>
>>2281666
No. It was a self sacrificing move for Lilysse's sake. Not a "fuck off".

So limited.
>>
>>2281702
So her getting high on power was nothing? I would accept self-sacrificing if there was something after it, but there was nothing. Hence my conclusion about her going completely evil.
>>
>>2281706
Oh god this entire fucking post.
>>
>>2281612
You don't need Nightmare form for that sis.

Just do what I did. Give yourself a poison resist item, give your healer a spirit mask to nullify all status effects and just beat the crap out of the boss with daggers all day. I was level 7 when I did it.

Also Heavy Knight form best form. Punching a boss so hard that your screen gets an FPS spike and the boss falls down with spaghetti on their face after trying to do one of their cool moves is the best thing ever.
>>
>>2281536
The fact Arnice is wearing blue in the trailer for the second game tells me something went really wrong between that and the first game.

I predict a lot of suffering on her part in regards to whatever has happened to Lilysse. The music is also rather sorrowful when it shows her art.

Expecting the worst.
>>
>>2281424
Sadly, there's no actual yuri route but here's what happens.

Early in the game, Riko and MC have a brief makeout moment in the morning. But it's passed off as "I don't remember/I was in a morning daze". At the end of the true route, MC kills and Riko and asks for the true meaning of the kiss, Riko blushes and says "You know why." In my opinion, it's too minor and this vn basically has yuri elements but no actual yuri.
>>
>>2281792
I kind of jumbled the sentence, my b. For clarification:

MC kills Riko at true end. Riko is the one who blushes and implies romantic feelings for mc.
>>
>>2281448
Touko was already an immobile doll that had no conscious at that point, which is why I found the marriage creepy. Tbh it reminds me a certain Nurse Love Addiction bad end.

I don't think Yang had any romantic feelings for anyone, I think Jay's love was one sided. I also didn't think Jay actually loved Yang since I think they were at least 10 years apart and he was a "war machine." Jay's death scene in true ending came out of nowhere to me since I really thought he was just the nice, stoic dad of the group not a dude having the hots for Yang.
>>
>>2281739
>>2281637
>>2281612
>>2281539
Dark as in the atmosphere and stakes. I was under the impression the original is completely comfy.

Thanks for the replies. Good to know there will be some stakes in the sequel. I'm half-expecting some Lilies to die if you don't max their social links in time.
>>
>>2277137
FFS who cares about fat boy otakus this is as close to yuri as you can get why not go all the way its just so stupid. I am tired of being denied of yuri games due to otaku's moronic delusions. Doesn't help the yuri fan base never unites behind any single title unlike the yaoi fan base.
>>
File: 1482789041244.png (313KB, 764x714px) Image search: [Google]
1482789041244.png
313KB, 764x714px
>>2281920
Calm down, yuri is too niche for bigger titles. Also romance in JRPGs are usually light and innocent even for hetero cases. BR never promised yuri, it was always supposed to be a high school life otakubait. The very first teasers you got for it were "fetish body parts". Search it up.

>Doesn't help the yuri fan base never unites behind any single title unlike the yaoi fan base.
>yaoi fan base
Literally what in the fuck are you on about? Point me towards a yaoi game on the same level as Valkyrie Drive, Nights of Azure, Swordcraft Story or even GrimGrimoire. Fuck, point me towards a long running and high budget yaoi VN series like SonoHana and Flowers.

Tales of Zestiria/Vesperia is just subtext and it also includes yuri ships so you can't count that. FE:Fates features a yuri option to balance out the yaoi one as well. FFXV has zero gays and is just a fujobait. Same with Sengoku Basara. Persona 4 actually removed a yaoi route while Persona 3 had a yuri one with Aigis.

What are you talking about? What fucking yaoi titles?
>>
File: 1459580643961.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459580643961.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>2281908
>I was under the impression the original is completely comfy.

It is pretty comfy when it wants to be.
>>
>>2281933
I don't think sleeping in that leather outfit with boots on would be very comfy

Also, on top of the sheets
>>
>>2277561
>tly. Oddly the game really catered to them more than to other groups. I enjoyed my time with it but the complaint about 'plays like an offline MMO' is very true. An awful lot of the quests and gameplay were just plain boring, and the ending of the base game is a big letdown.

^This thank you for pointing out how much Bioware caters towards straight women even though they aren't even the majority of their fanbase. What lesbian doesn't want hot female characters?
>>
File: 1442500266250.jpg (1MB, 1320x1941px) Image search: [Google]
1442500266250.jpg
1MB, 1320x1941px
>>2281934
Giving Arnice sleepwear would have put Gust overbudget or something. Have mercy and just believe that it's comfy.
>>
>>2281920
Yuri fans are the most delusional otaku
>>
>>2281931
Persona 4 has some pretty homophobic lines and it's pretty disappointing if you expect yaoi from it. It's also a conservative game that won't actually put differences while pretending it's about differences. Fujoshis just don't care. While they can make fanart and imagine the guys fucking each other, they're happy.

I do think BR will be yuri relevant with ships and teasing, just like Atelier, but sure,if people will act like retards about it, it's best that we don't bring it anymore.
>>
File: 1488830965540.jpg (13KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488830965540.jpg
13KB, 240x240px
>>2281950
I disagree desu. Self-inserting waifufags are the most delusional.

Two fictional characters can be written to love each other.
A fictional character cannot be written to love you.
>>
>>2281952
>Persona 4 has some pretty homophobic lines and it's pretty disappointing if you expect yaoi from it. It's also a conservative game that won't actually put differences while pretending it's about differences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ogh3mdPHsA
Yosuke had a blatantly gay SL which they cut. Just me saying how fujos have it worse.
>>
>>2281933
>noa2
>baths instead of beds
>bathe with a lily of your choice for a buff
>>
>>2281931
Good first point I agree there but doesn't stop me being annoyed about it though when we are growing fanbase as you point out below this.

Now it is your turn to calm down since when was I talking about games specifically? In this case I meant yaoi on Ice that shit show that even had loads of anime yotubers come on and say how progressive it was. It became anime of the year and while I can't name a title off the top of my head but steam Yaoi titles are becoming more popular and censored gaming on youtube just proved than there has been demands for otome games to come over the next step is yaoi.

Just look on the gay boards across the net they celebrate and unite while yuri boards always fight each other like you are doing to me right now. Also seriously P3P as an example? The very same game that thinks a pedo relationship is more normal than a yuri one. You might want a better example next time.
>>
>>2281965
Yuri on Ice is a sport Anime with yaoi subtext that sold on Japan because there's a lot of fanservice with the guys. It's not just a fujoshi Anime. Girls bought it because there're hot guys, it doesn't matter if they are gay or not. In fact, the Anime had to imply that maybe they're not. Just western Anime fans are stupid enough to call it progressive.

It would be the same if I said to you that Madoka is a success because of yuri fans, for example.

Know what would happens with the exact same concept with female characters? West would say it's gross because it's making lesbians a fetish (it is making gay man a fetish, to be fair). Could still sell well in Japan, though.

But it's not the yaoi fanbase who reunited to call the show progressive. Not at all.
>>
>>2281965
The fights happen because some thinks subtext is fine as a substitute for yuri because sales and "materials". While the others think subtext shouldn't be celebrated because it encourages the behavior or whatever else.

Every now and then a game or an anime skirts the line real close, thus continuing the endless cycle of fighting.
>>
>>2281965
>I meant yaoi on Ice
Oh my god. YoI wasn't an explicit yaoi show. It's a regular sports anime with yaoi subtext. Like pretty much every sports anime. Good job. A single show in years with a cop-out Schrodinger's kiss and "good luck" charms. Talk about Free! next.

>anime yotubers come on and say how progressive it was
>bunch of westerners jumping on a progressive bandwagon
Who the fuck gives a shit about this?

>Just look on the gay boards across the net they celebrate and unite
Literally what the fuck are you talking about? Yaoi fans are even more divided than yuri fans. They have their own purityfags. And some heated disputes arise whenever someone starts shit talking bara or traps or whatever.

>Yaoi titles are becoming more popular
Read my post. I listed literally everything. What fucking titles? Where is this yaoi surge?

>censored gaming on youtube just proved than there has been demands for otome games to come over the next step is yaoi.
So let me get this straight, yuri games are getting localized all across the board in the west, rivaling het VNs in that regard, but right after otome games we'll be getting yaoi ones? This proves that yaoi is in the demand? By being the last on the list? Lmao.

>Also seriously P3P as an example? The very same game that thinks a pedo relationship is more normal than a yuri one. You might want a better example next time.
Nah. It's a solid example. It had a yuri route with Aigis much like the vanilla P3. The only yaoi option in Persona got cut on the other hand.

Also it's a single example. Don't ignore the rest of the fucking post. You can't name them off the top of your head because there are no yaoi equivalents. Stop this victimizing scenario in your head.
>>
>>2281795
I'm pretty sure they have a drama CD or novel together. I think it'd be cute if nothing else. Even if the game played it coyly, those 2 are obviously intended as the true pairing of the game if you consider there to be one.
>>
For people who beat Pymalion, which was the best ending? True end, Riko's, Yang's, or Jessica's?
>>
>>2281988
>coyly
They probably don't want to upset Makoto or Jess fans.

That worked out great for them! There are barely any fan arts of any pairing at all. LUL
>>
>>2281974
The problem is that there are people who only play games for yuri, it seems. So they can't appreciate it if there isn't two girls having sex onscree and get offended if someone just mentions it.

It's funny because if BR was an Anime, there would be a thread for it, regardless.
>>
>>2281965
Here. Use some of these.
>>
>>2281954
This
>>
>>2281952
So, was Kanji gay or not?
>>
>>2281973
>West would say it's gross

Fuck the West
>>
File: 1452893587757.png (189KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452893587757.png
189KB, 300x300px
>>2281993
I don't know. Maybe the true one because everyone revives.
>>
>>2281994
I know it's unlikely, but I think Pygmalion would've worked better in anime form. They would've have to have gone in one direction and it's obvious based on the character interactions and endings that Riko is the true love interest. It doesn't help that the novel's developer was starting to go downhill as of the time that Pygmalion was made.
>>
>>2281994
Are Jessica fans relevant since Jessica x Mina is pedo?
>>
File: .jpg (113KB, 1030x624px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
113KB, 1030x624px
Why do people keep asking which ending was the best? They are all tragic in their own way, but the true end is undeniably the best for all parties involved.
>>
>>2282006
Sort of.
I believe the game is not clear on that part, because Kanji's gayness was played off as a mere insecurity after getting a crush on what he thought was a boy. The thing is, Kanji could've been paired off with Naoto if she wasn't a Social Link for the protag, and since she is, the game just quietly drops the issue so you don't feel guilty about cucking him if you go for her.

By the end of it all you could be drowning in boy(girl)pussy and the most you get from Kanji is "yeah I kind of like that type of girl", and the only other line referencing his arc comes from Josuke going "don't you go gay on me".

If you ask me, the gayest being in the Persona universe is probably Josuke.
>>
>>2282008
The west would also say it's awesome and amazing, it's not like they're a monolithic block
except in Russia
wait is Russia the west?
>>
>>2282031
>the gayest being in the Persona universe is probably Josuke
not the actual canon yaoi option in p2?
>>
File: TRANSLATION FUCKING WHEN.png (580KB, 1210x649px) Image search: [Google]
TRANSLATION FUCKING WHEN.png
580KB, 1210x649px
Speaking of Russia, they really are yurifags.
>>
>>2282049
Persona started at 3.
>>
>>2282015
I think I'd preferred in an action game form. Because in anime form, every episode would probably ends in a cliffhanger.
>>
>>2282050
they got a RU release?
>>
>>2282065
No, fan translation patch.
>>
>>2282043
Not really. Usually by "West" people mean EU countries and the USA.

>>2282050
Is this the one with mother-daughter incest?
>>
>>2282071
>Is this the one with mother-daughter incest?
Yep.
>>
>>2282043
Isn't Russia literally both Middle and East?
>>
>>2282072
Patrician taste.
>>
>>2282075
'the west' pretty much just refers to the USA and richer parts of europe. it's a dumb term that doesn't really have any merit outside of anime fans and muslims
>>
>>2281931
>Fuck, point me towards a long running and high budget yaoi VN series like SonoHana and Flowers.
SH is low budget.

Flowers is well made, but compromises on the length and branching of the installments.

There's easily more BL games with the sort of production values of Omerta, Taishou Mebiusline or Dramatical Murder than there is for yuri.
>>
>>2281908
You really should just play the game. There are definitely some comfortable and lighthearted moments in the game, but they're generally used in an almost sardonic way to highlight the general melancholic atmosphere.
>>
>>2282105
Should've added "respectively". SH has unrivaled amount of sequels if you're comparing it to yaoi. And budget evidently kept increasing with time.
Also Akai Ito/Aoi Shiro and Seisai no Resonance had high production values too.

>but compromises on the length and branching of the installments
Irrelevant. Especially because it's successful enough to have a decent amount of sequels.

Also yuri VNs beat yaoi ones in terms of western localizations.
>>
>>2282110
>Also yuri VNs beat yaoi ones in terms of western localizations.
Yaoi games came out in english far earlier, but failed to catch on due to poor choices in game selection and marketing.
>>
>>2282110
>SH has unrivaled amount of sequels if you're comparing it to yaoi.
A developer churning out a bunch of games under one IP is not a good sign, especially as it was a bunch of small, single couple doujin games that wouldn't have got as much attention as it did if there were alternatives.

>And budget evidently kept increasing with time.
It went from being okay by doujin standards to being increasingly far behind commercial standards.

>Also Akai Ito/Aoi Shiro and Seisai no Resonance had high production values too.
Not especially high. My point is there's more BL games with those standards.

>Irrelevant. Especially because it's successful enough to have a decent amount of sequels.
The size of the games is relevant to their budget. And it's not a case of getting the sequels it has because of being successful. It's a story split into 4 installments. That's taking less risk than a single release with longer development time.
>>
>>2281371
>This game is hardly yuri

And to think it started so well, the MC got molested by a female doll
>>
>4 days since I finished NoA

When do the feels stop?
>>
>>2282116
Akaiito and Aoishiro have insanely high production values. The art, music, va, and amount of routes is still considered top tier today.
>>
>>2280747
What's CE?
>>
>>2282215
"Collector's Edition"
>>
Which farming sim should I play? World's Dawn, Harvest Moon: True Love Rom Hack, or Stardew Valley?
>>
>>2282232
Real Life.
>>
>>2282236
But in real life, if I married a young, cutie girl, her parents, a bunch of backwater farmers, would murder me in my sleep :(
>>
>>2282006
The pulled a stupid: "I'm not gay. I just thought I was gay because I like feminine things."

Makes no sense, but on par with the rest of the game.
>>
>>2282232
Stardew Valley is the only one I played and the only one I ever see recommended in /u/. They aren't a huge part of the game but the romances have some character to them and each is unique enough to make it rewarding.
>>
>>2282232
I haven't played that specific HM so I can't comment on it, but between SV and WD it's pretty much up to your preference: Stardew Valley is more competent farming simulator while World's Dawn is more of a small town simulator.
>>
>>2282239
I don't see anything wrong with that as a concept.
>>
>>2282219
Thanks.
>>
>>2282255
I know males that like feminine things, myself included, that don't think they're gay, because, you know, they aren't actracted to male bodies.

Something that Kanji cleary is. But the game tries to make us believe that his attraction somehow exist because he likes knittting. Maybe that's the bad writing, maybe he wasn't supposed to be actracted to men. Or maybe he was supposed to be gay, but Atlus is too coward for that.

Anyway, when I came to the end of the game, I didn't see the entire "Find your true self" that was supposed to be the game theme. Instead what I saw is "Repress yourself because you shouldn't be different from other people."
>>
What are the must-get "Choice Of..." games? I just got done with Mecha Ace and I'm hooked.
>>
>>2282286
I haven't played the game so I can't comment on the ingame context. I'm just saying that "teenage boy confused and thinking he might be gay because he likes something not stereotypically masculine comes to accept it doesn't actually mean anything" is an entirely reasonable character arc.
>>
>>2282308
I've played pretty much every game they have on Steam, and these are the ones I would recommend:
Choice of Robots
Zombie Exodus (+ Safe Haven)
Tin Star
Samurai of Hyuga (+ Book 2)
>>
>>2282308
Choice of the Deathless is probably my favourite game of theirs, but the sequel wasn't great. I also liked Heroes Rise, but it's kind of stupid so I'm not sure I feel comfortable recommending it. Tin Star was neat.

I'd recommend not even looking at Pendragon Rising, Psy High, A Wise Use of Time, or It's Killing Time. They're all awful.
>>
>>2282316
Except it's always "teenager confused and thinking they might be gay because they like something not stereotypically masculine/feminine comes to accept it doesn't actually mean anything" instead of ""teenager confused and thinking they might be gay turns out to just be fucking gay".

It's not an invalid concept, but it's long played out. It was getting stale in various media in the 80s.
>>
>>2282325
>Samurai of Hyuga
Can you be a lesbian in that one?
>>
>>2282308
There's a fair amount of variance in their quality.
The only ones I feel like I can recommend are Choice of Robots, the Deathless series (especially the original), Slammed (which is surprisingly enjoyable regardless of whether or not you're into wrestling) and maybe the Heroes Rise trilogy (meaning Heroes Rise, Heroes Rise: Hero Project and Heroes Rise: Herofall; note that Hero Project: Redemption Season is a spin-off/sequel of it, though a lot worse written than the original trilogy).
>>
>>2282335
Yes.
>>
>>2282338
Cool, I'll check it out. I ignored it because it doesn't have the SJW feature list and isn't in the yuri curator, so I thought maybe you couldn't.
>>
>>2282335
Samurai has in my opinion the best player character of all the Choice games, though that's my personal preference. Much more personality (for better or worse depending on what you prefer), and the game actually sounds like it was written a little differently for a woman, just minor things like perspective that's more fitting a woman. I find stuff like that sorely lacking in a lot of choice games that sound like they're just bland and plug-block-character-here games.

You even get to decide her haircut and I love that. It even gets mentioned a few times later on! Even in the second game!

Shrine maiden hair best hair
>>
>>2282340
If you choose a woman and you say you like woman, you have a yandere ex who's looking to fuck your shit up.

Also, you can play a perverted lesbian, if you're into that. Which you probably should be. I felt the stoic calculated character i was going for didn't fit the perverted stuff, but that's just me.

Oh, also, try Fatehaven. That's a good one too, same author.
>>
>>2282340
I was a bit vary of it too, but was pleasantly surprised by it how good it was.

>>2282341
Yeah, that's why I liked it so much. I'm eagerly waiting for the third book.
>>
>>2282341
>just bland and plug-block-character-here games.
The worst offenders are just a pain to read. Pendragon Rising sounded like it could be really cool, but if you play as a woman the gender roles just get reversed and it's weird.
>>
>>2282347
Yeah but you don't have to get with the Morgan(na) character. I actually ended up reading a lot of subtext into the relationship with the... the nerd one, forget her name. That was kind of cute. It was a good game but I wouldn't recommend it for the yuri potential.

I actually really enjoyed So You've Been Possessed By a Demon but it's got a to-be-continued ending and it hasn't been continued yet and doesn't seem that it ever will be continued.

Someone mentioned Choice of Robots; I actually found a way to cheese that by restarting the game and it kept my stats from previous playthroughs, so I ended up with everything really high. I still managed to fuck up my love life, though.

My love-bot ran away, my love interest didn't want to commit to dealing with me so I got friend-zoned, but at least robo-daughterfu still loved me.
>>
>>2282327
>>2282336
>Deathless

Yeah the first Deathless was great. I was pretty disappointed by the sequel though.
>>
>>2282347
Playing a lesbian in an alternate reality where male and female gender roles are swapped seems like it could potentially be cool. Kind of like taking the Queen's Blade world even further.
>>
>>2282350
>So You've Been Possessed

Actually they made a demo for the continuation recently:

https://dashingdon.com/play/mizartist33/have-human-will-travel-wip-demo/mygame/index.php?cb=58946
>>
>>2282351
So was I, but I still found The City's Thirst to be one of the better games on their site.
>>
>>2282355
Shit, I'll have to go back through that one then, I've forgotten most of it now. I do remember that the relationship with the best friend was cozy as hell.
>>
>>2282356
Not the anon you're replying to, but maybe I should give it another read. It came out a mere few months after I read the first, so the disappointment hit hard.
>>
>>2282360
It's one of very few of their games that I found to be actually interesting on a second playthrough.
>>
Whoever recommended Samurai of Hyuga, thank you. I can instantly tell that some real care was put into this one.
>>
File: Pygmalion4.png (2MB, 1417x848px) Image search: [Google]
Pygmalion4.png
2MB, 1417x848px
>>2281792
>In my opinion, it's too minor and this vn basically has yuri elements but no actual yuri.

I disagree. Mina and Riko have a very obvious attraction for each other even from early on in the VN. Mina even admits to herself that the way she loves Riko (romantically) is different than how she loves Makoto (friendship). And Jessica ships Riko/Mina too, even though she likes to tease them both about liking each other.
>>
>>2281994
>They probably don't want to upset Makoto or Jess fans.
The game makes it very clear Mina only liked Makoto as a friend and Jessica accepts that Mina and Riko have a thing for each other. It's pretty much Riko/Mina unless Jessica ends up as a third member of their relationship when she's older. They're 15 and 16 and Jessica's only 10 years old in the game.
>>
How is Firis?
>>
Did Pygmalion ever get a launch discount on steam and I missed it or did they just say fuck it?
>>
>>2282232
I have only played WD and SV, and while the former has an overall more comfy atmosphere, its gameplay is very limited since it's made with RPGMaker. As someone already said it's more of a "small town simulator" than a farming simulator, because the farming part is just a very small side dish.

Stardew is the one with actual gameplay, which also includes combat and different maps you can choose from in the beginning. It's also quite customizable because there are a few mods on Nexus which you might find useful, especially the portrait/sprite ones.

Overall I'd say: play WD if you just want to chill in a town of friendly people, play SV if you also want some actual gameplay and a big, customizable farm. I won't say anything about the bachelorettes because it's just a matter of personal taste, all of them in both games have events based on your relationship.

That said, I now want to try Harvest Moon TLH.
>>
>>2282430
Ask again tomorrow.
>>
>>2282444
Can you please explain small town simulator? that sounds amazing. so basically is it just the walking around bits from harvest moon or are there little 'quests' that happen in town?
>>
>>2282449
You walk around, talk with people, do a few quests here and there and see their events after you've made friends with them.

It's been a while since I've played the game, but I never felt like I ever had much to do aside from socializing and finding out what's the schedule of a certain character. There are simplified versions of mining, fishing and farming to make some money and purchase stuff, but I always felt like I could just fuck around for the whole day and miss nothing.
So yeah, I'd say it's like HM for lazy people: not much content in terms of gameplay and charming characters to make up for the lack of it.
>>
>>2282232
SV is pretty good. Pretty fun. It will consume your soul.
>>
>>2282340
>isn't in the yuri curator, so I thought maybe you couldn't.
they got sick of listing every choiceof game blindly since they were coming out like one a week for a while and overwhelming the list, and no one was ever submitting information as to how much romance was in each particular game so it was getting annoying
>>
>>2282441
Valve rules don't allow you to apply a discount other than the launch discount for several weeks after launch, the officials may have told them it wouldn't be fair to those who bought to add one now. If it was MG's mistake and not Valve's in the first place, they probably just have to suck it up and suffer the sales loss.
>>
fresh thread:

>>2282514
>>
>>2282286
True. Plus they made him attracted to Naoto even when he knew she was a girl, so he is bi at max, but not gay.
>>
>>2282500
Fair enough.
>>
>>2277761
Her tits are on the middle of her stomach. She always looks like a deformed blob of oily clay.
Thread posts: 630
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.