[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yuri Game Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 40

File: 013.jpg (473KB, 1200x1714px) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
473KB, 1200x1714px
Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Previous thread: >>2000424

Lists of Yuri Games:
http://pastebin.com/ZUMwZpYk
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Related Threads:

Kindred Spirits (Spoilers): >>2002512
Sono Hanabira: >>1986430
Hyperdimension Neptunia: >>2003090
Life is Strange: >>2000403
>>
Recent news:

New Akai Ito translation patch out, still not 100% the game but a lot of it
>>
New Rising Angels game out soon, but it's going commercial and episodic - http://www.idhasstudios.com/?p=761
>>
Guess I'll just repost this
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/15/fateextella-features-fategrand-orders-altera-tamamo-no-mae-and-more/
New Fate/Extra
Not a lot of details known except for three of the Servants and maybe the gameplay will be different.
>>
>>2009012
Oh yeah, this thing. I backed the Kickstarter.
>>
Finished Lonely Yuri a week ago, it was my thrid attempt on VN after SonoHana dan Kindred Spirits, and im enjoying it so far. Could've been better, but still liking the way it is because it's the kind of cute and fluffy i wanted it to be. The art and music was pretty great.

Is there any detailed character background on Fusa and Seri? because im curious on why Seri won't go to school, and what actually happened at Fusa household? I'm not big on reading, so maybe i just missed something. Though i came up with my own idea on the backstory for both MC's to get more drama going in my head.
>>
>>2009006
Pretty awesome. Yumei, Uzuki, Tsundara, and secret character are fully translated. Final one is Sakurya and I believe her path is half translated.

Anyone who can translate should volunteer because there isnt much left to do, and it would be awesome to have a fully translated Akaiito path.
>>
>>2009167
The kickstarter was for a different game, but it seems you get both.
>>
>>2009012
I vaguely remember there being some fuss about this series as they promised a yuri route which turned out to not contain any yuri at all, or something. The villain girl who was the supposed yuri love interest hooks up with her ex instead?
>>
Just a small thing about installing the akaiito patch: ImgBurn comes with opencandy, an Adware, so it's best if you create a restoration point before installing it. Then instal ImgBurn, burn Akaiito into an image and restore your PC to get rid off ImgBurn and opencandy.
>>
>>2009227
Neat. Maybe I should read those updates sometimes.
>>
>>2009248
>burn Akaiito into an image
Why would you do that when there's PCSX2?
>>
>>2009248
Maybe use some other software than the one that comes with adware. Like cdrtfe.

http://cdrtfe.sourceforge.net/cdrtfe/index_en.html

Just beware that Sourceforge isn't what it used to be. They sometimes replace the default download link to their own crappy installer, so you have to go around that. After a quick test didn't see that problem with cdrtfe DL links though.
>>
>>2009255
I meant creating an .iso file from the akaiito folder, but not burning it into a disc. You need an .iso to run it from PCSX2. Sorry, I was in a hurry and chose my words badly.
>>
File: evcg_konomi_2.jpg (518KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
evcg_konomi_2.jpg
518KB, 1280x720px
>>2008357
Someone uploaded it on yamibo

http://www.yamibo.com/thread-244170-1-1.html

cg pack : mega:///#!vcwimBhb!FP5tfzvvxKfyhtrK1OHr27u65wflaFOwnU1yzaoeqlg
>>
File: She tried.jpg (108KB, 1279x714px) Image search: [Google]
She tried.jpg
108KB, 1279x714px
>>2009280
Thanks anon.

>Iori
>I don't know what I expected
>>
>>2009280
>>2009304

I'd kill for a yuri harem, and this title is delivering immensely!
>>
File: 1450747267827.gif (860KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
1450747267827.gif
860KB, 600x313px
>>2009280
>>2009304
holy lewd it's glorious
>>
Was thinking. Can any other Yuri's BGM, even compare to Akaiito's? I think Yuri VN'S are solely lacking, the exception being Akaiito, and Aoishiro. Like...i'm serious. Is there anything that can match this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH3yNGBGDEI
>>
>>2009403
Why don't you start with that very same composer's work from Flowers? Yeah. To me, only his own work can compare.
>>
>>2009236
I think there was something like that and it was intended to be meant as only part of the story and followed up on in a later game to give her a real love interest, or something, but I hvaen't kept track
>>
>>2009280
>cg pack
why so little stuff in there?
>>
>>2009421
Are you expecting a full 30 hour VN or something?
>>
So how was that Atom GRRRL going? Was it worth it?
>>
So no translator is willing to help with the remaining Akaiito?
>>
>>2009473
I kinda wanna help, but I haven't played that VN yet, so if I looked at the scripts, I'd be ruining it for myself.
>>
Alright so I tried Sono Hanabira and honestly it seems like vapid fluffiness and sex and nothing but. Which is fine, I get that people like that.

But does anyone know of a yuri vn that has more, I don't know, plot and depth? I mean I'd like something that has fluffy moments but overall I want a good story and interesting/complex characters. Anyone have a recommendation?
>>
>>2009527
Aoi Shiro, Kindred Spirits.
>>
>>2009530
Also Katahane, although that one isn't strictly "yuri".
>>
>>2009530
Kindred Spirits has no plot. It's pretty much a non-eroge and in-depth version of Sono Hana, that centers around Yuri, playing Cupid and Yuri romance. While people like it a lot for it's genre, perhaps OP is looking for something that includes action, fantasy or Sci-fi elements and move involving story.
>>
>>2009533
>Yuri, playing Cupid and Yuri romance
So plot, then.
Romance has plot, too.

>action, fantasy or Sci-fi elements
Then OP is probably better off looking for non-VN games.
>>
It took 41 days, but Ara's sprite is finally complete!
>>
>>2009530
>>2009533
>ghosts
Good enough for me. Looks pretty well done, too.

Thanks.
>>
>>2009527
Akaiito, Aoishiro, Katahane are the top 3 options of yuri VN with great story and complex characters. Atlach-Nacha is equally great, if you could tolerate the subject matter (rapes and gore). 4 of these don't focus on romance, but yuri is heavy.

Sono Hanabira 11: Michael no Otome-tachi is THE best SH title till this day for me. As it is romance centric, its plot isn't as complicated and soul-breaking as the previous 4 mentioned, but the characters and relationship is excellently written. It's the first "serious" SH title as opposed to the previous 10 nukige.

Shirokoi and Hakuai are both very interesting, particularly because they could be surprisingly dark, really dark in some endings, despite the cheery atmosphere in the beginning. They have decent plot and characters, I like them a lot.

Kindred Spirits on the Roof is very much like your typical school girl manga turned into visual novel. It's pleasant to read and I appreciate that it exists in this genre, though it doesn't leave me much impression plot-wise and character-wise.
>>
>>2009543
I feel like you are selling kindred spirits way short there. It's fine to not like sol but the characters were better fleshed out than those of a "typical school girl manga" in most people's opinion.
>>
>>2009536
Ara ara.
>>
>>2009543
>but the characters and relationship is excellently written.
It kind of amazes me that anyone can think so. It's one of the least bad sonohana entries but the writing's still idiotic.
>>
>>2009473
I'm working on it but I'm TL checking the whole game so... don't expect anything anytime soon. Sorry.
>>
>>2009543
While I agree that SH 11 is the best one in the series, I don't think that the characters are that excellently written, especially the ones from the older games(let's face it: most of their interactions are just flirting, fluff and fake "drama").
Risa/Miya have an interesting dynamic though, no wonder they're the fan favorite couple.

>Akaiito, Aoishiro
I haven't read these, but aren't they only subtext though? That is, no actual explicit romance?
>>
>>2009553
Thank you, oneesama! I'm rooting for you!
>>
>>2009557
I should have been clearer, yes I only mean Miya and Risa. The other characters don't even register whenever I talk about SH11. In my mind, even "big" SH games are still just 1 couple centric like the small ones.

As for Akaiito and Aoishiro, the yuri is very much canon. The characters just aren't in a relationship yet (save for some endings) due to the fact that both games only take place within a few days.
>>
>>2009557
Aoishiro felt romantic enough as I played it, though you never get girls declaring their love to each other and making out. You do get romanticized blood sucking scenes though. And hours upon hours of lectures on Japanese mythology, if you're into that.

Haven't played Akaiito.
>>
>>2009536
Is the long back hair part of her hat, or is she weirdly multichromatic?
>>
>>2009562
>As for Akaiito and Aoishiro, the yuri is very much canon.
lol no.
>>
So is the Taxhibanakan game an actual VN with a branching storyline or is it just a kinetic novel?
>>
>>2009606
Must suck being you, onee-san.
>>
>>2009534
There are plenty of VNs with drama, thriller, fantasy, action, SF, etc elements. Just very few in the yuri category.

Kindred Spirits is still way above SH in story, obviously.

>>2009557
>That is, no actual explicit romance?
Haven't played Akai ito yet. Aoishiro varies a lot. At least one route has the whole romantic confession set up and is very clear on what it's about. Some routes are all subtext and nobody ever states anything openly about liking each other, or liking girls, so you could read them as more friendly or familial feelings.

The viewpoint character is also very reserved and doesn't narrate much about love feelings, so if you're feeling worried about whether she REALLY likes the girls, she's not going to reassure you much.

The weirdest part about aoishiro is the bloodsucking scenes which stand in for romantic interactions without actually being romantic, and make it feel like the writers were afraid to make their point openly.
>>
>>2009623
>Just very few in the yuri category.
That's the point.

Most of yuri VNs with plot (or "plot) are short EVNs with low production value or old untranslated titles.
>>
>>2009536
Nice work. How exactly does her hair work?
>>
>>2009623
>make it feel like the writers were afraid to make their point openly
That's just the whole "yuri is more beautiful when it's hidden" thing Japan loves so much.
>>
>>2009636
I've had enough of the hidden yuri, can we start the explicit yuri anytime soon?
>>
>>2009606
Yeah because Kei saying literally i her head "Shes the Uzuki I fell in love with" and "I want to show her how much I love her at night" is really subtext?

Silly little anon.
>>
>>2009623
>and make it feel like the writers were afraid to make their point openly
I think it was done to avoid higher rating and/or to not scare away the general public. In 2008 homosexual relationships in games weren't as widespread as they are now, and Aoishiro was (is) a console VN as well, meaning its audience was initially smaller.
>>
>>2009644
>console
>smaller audience
You've got that backwards.
>>
>>2009645
>console VN
Here, you left a word out. You can thank me later.
>>
>>2009650
Console VNs releases are for normalfags which by definition are a wider audience.
>>
All the faggots who say Akaiito and Aoishiro not yuri have their het goggles on too tight.

Had the MC and their route options being opposite gender, would you still say that these two games are not het and totally platonic?

Also, pretty sure many are simply parrots of what they've vaguely heard somewhere instead of playing the game themselves. Had they reached even 1/3 of the endings, they wouldn't sing this kind of tune.
>>
>>2009654
Only about one person is saying they're not yuri, most of us are just talking about how understated they are.
>>
>>2009654
>Had the MC and their route options being opposite gender
I'm tired of this shit. You can't just flip MC's gender and leave how heroins act toward them the same.
>>
>>2009650
You can't use the Western market as a reference when it comes to this. Full length, all age VNs are not as niche in Japan as they are in the West. There's a reason many such VNs are released on console first.
>>
Would anyone who despises lesbians/yuri read aoishiro or akaiito though? I only read them because I like yuri, the story is not bad, but it's not amazing enough for someone to go through it even though they dislike yuri. Like, if it were a yaoi or het novel (I don't like those, I only like yuri), I would not read it because the plot is not interesting enough for me to sit through something I dislike., I'd search for a better story without the stuff I dislike.
>>
>>2009654

Honestly, I enjoyed Aoishiro but the only routes that I considered to be 100% romantic were Nami's and Yasumi's, the rest were kind of eh, especially the endings.
Akaiito is unarguably 100% yuri though.
>>
>>2009280
Does it had a kiss scene?
Because other side, lame
>>
>>2009658
I'm tired of your shit too. Why not just go play some hetshit if you like it so much?

>>2009657
The girls only knew each other for 4 days. 4 days.
>>
>>2009608
It branches pretty heavily but the routes are extremely short, basically just leading to various fanservice scenes.
>>
>>2009686
Your a fricken moron.

Yasumi is classmates with Osa (who as explained in detail on the prequel manga in love with her.)

In Namis ending there planning to live togther.

Secret character has known OSA her entire life.

And the other two make effort to see Osa in there endings.

You know nothing about the games or the characters. Stop pretending.
>>
>>2009641
I was mostly referring to aoi shiro. Forgive me for not playing old ps2 games in moon.
>>
>>2009636
Japan is stupid.
>>
>>2009686
>The girls only knew each other for 4 days. 4 days.
This is the dumbest argument. How many days did it take for shirou in fate/stay night before he jammed it into saber?
>>
>>2009718
There's nothing sexual with mana transfer, anon.
>>
>>2009725
But blood transfer is literally the same thing as cunnilingus.
>>
>>2009730
Of course it is. Risk of getting a disease included.
>>
>>2009718
But that's a boy and a girl. That's different. They can fuck at once, skip the boring introduction.
>>
Or for that matter how long was it in Atlach Nacha until Hatsune wanted to rape sweet innocent Kanako? A single minute
>>
>>2009737
Hatsune also wanted to rape/devour guys in a single minute. She's a freaking youkai.

Why don't you compare it with Katahane? Did the lesbians (and even the hetero ones) want to jump each other's bone within 4 days?
>>
>>2009608
Hold the spacebar to skip and choosing the right choice when prompted nets you a cg.
>>
I thought Hatsune likes girls? She says somewhere that she rather fuck a girl and devour a guy.

I think being a centuries old spider demon makes her pragmatic. Shes gotta eat...
>>
>>2009710
Are you sure you replied to the right post?
>>
>>2009546
Unfortunately she isn't of ara ara age.
>>2009565
Multi colored hair.
>>2009627
The sun affected her natural color and dyed it.
>>
>>2009745
>I thought Hatsune likes girls? She says somewhere that she rather fuck a girl and devour a guy
She does. You still have the option to rape guys though, which can be completely avoided by just choose to devour them instead.
>>
Kinda cool in a disgustingly twisted way. All sorts of VNs have men preying on poor girls dominating and doing sick things to them. Atlach Nacha throws that away and puts the role of the rapist in a female, and handles it with pratically no fan service.

If I remeber the first scene is Hatsune massacring a group of rapists who were sexually assualting Kanako.
>>
>>2009715
Your mom is stupid.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-16-20-48-52.png (890KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-16-20-48-52.png
890KB, 1920x1080px
Gay.
>>
File: CdsYz7IUMAA1auF.jpg (37KB, 600x272px) Image search: [Google]
CdsYz7IUMAA1auF.jpg
37KB, 600x272px
>https://twitter.com/StarlightVega/status/710188652702343169
March 22 for Starlight Vega
>>
>>2009856
>shitty art
>Patreon whoring
Yeah, no thanks.
>>
>>2009860
How the hell is that shitty art? Its really decent considering its a western VN.

If you want shitty vn art look up major minor on steam (If you dare)
>>
>>2009856
but i'll be busy playing nep
>>
>>2009856
hype
>>
>>2009860
The art is good enough. Patreon might be a good way to support yourself if you're an artist, so who cares?
>>
>>2009865
>>2009870

they're just trolling and looking for attention.
>>
>>2009865
>Its really decent considering its a western VN.
It's perfectly fine even not considering that.
>>
>>2009810
What if their mom is Japanese?
>>
>>2009865
>major minor
well, furry art sure, but not the worst i've seen. A wild catgirl appears CG takes the award for that.
>>
>>2009872
Sorry for not eating up every shit with girl x girl content regardless of quality.
>>
File: 8da6e12021add3fc87d85f84929c5c9d.jpg (802KB, 1015x1476px) Image search: [Google]
8da6e12021add3fc87d85f84929c5c9d.jpg
802KB, 1015x1476px
>>
>>2009899
Two weeks, right?
>>
>>2009856
Didn't expect the announcement would come that close to the release. Kindred Spirits, Starlight Vega, and Nights of Azure all within about a month, what a time to be alive.
>>
Ive seen a few images that point to it being full Yuri not just subtext. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>2009921
Yes.
>>
>>2009916
Don't forget Nep U.
>>
>>2009916
What a time to be a poorfag.
>>
File: 1444710467120.jpg (91KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1444710467120.jpg
91KB, 500x650px
>>2009916
>>2009928
>>
>>2009767
Yeah, and she was planning to rape (or eat) Kanako after that, but then changed her mind.

When will this ever be translated? Never ;_;
>>
I've heard rumors that digimon cyber sleuth could be considered yuri.
Is this true?
>>
>>2010050
No, it's a case of gender neutral script being used and localized into english. There is the fact that one boss' right hand lady legitimately cares for her in the romantic sense even if she denies it flimsily. She then disappears from the face of the game.
Doesn't stop it from the fandom parading around Rie supposedly raping Yuuko or Kyoko getting shipped with Ami.
>>
File: tumblr_o3qnb1E0481rnx42io6_1280.jpg (238KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3qnb1E0481rnx42io6_1280.jpg
238KB, 1280x720px
>>2010050
Romance is hardly brought up, but you get to play as a bodacious girl who everyone assumes is into hot women every time.

Point of interest: An explicit homosexual "After all, I'm only into guys." and a nonbinary character exist in sidequests.

>inb4 Digimon: Next Order releases dlc canonizing Ami's lesbianism.
>>
>>2010051
Rie definitely seems like a rapist.
>>
>>2010060
Well Fei's pretty explicit and you didn't need to bring up the other one since that's common to every mmo/avatar site.

>>2010064
Yeah she is.
>>
>>2009899

How long is the game anyway?
>>
>>2010074
Not every long if you grind its like 10 hourish
>>
>>2010077
Gay Ghosts was longer than that.
>>
>>2010078
But there are other things that can take a while like getting all the routes, completing everything, arena battle, and etc
>>
I have been wanting to play Atlach-Nacha for a long time but keep hesitating. Here are something I want to know:

1) Is it possible to avoid all het scenes with the MC? I guessed from the CG that Hatsune was raped in the distant past before becoming a youkai, but can I at least not have her fuck men in the present?

2) Is there futa or pseudo-futa in this game? It's kinda hard to tell from some CG. It would be a nice surprise.

3) Did Kanako get fucked by guys? Can it be avoided?

4) Is Kanako the only yuri route for Hatsune?
>>
>>2010086
I haven't finished it so I'll just answer 2 and 3.

2. Yes. There is an equivalent. The text describes it as such.

3. Yes she does. No you can't avoid it. The game opens with Kanako being raped by a bunch of guys blackmailing her. This is also where she first meets Hatsune.
>>
If I recall, Hatsune treats Kanako pretty decently, and seems to genuinley love her. It dosent stop her from being utterly ruthless though.
>>
>>2010093
Thank you.

>The game opens with Kanako being raped by a bunch of guys blackmailing her. This is also where she first meets Hatsune.
Ya I heard about this scene, and was under the impression Hatsune rescued her in time or something. Oh well.
>>
>>2010100
Hatsune only did that so she could rape or nom her herself, before changing her mind and taking her on as her minion. Shes probaly one of the most fucked up villian protagainsts in gaming.

If its any consilation, Hatsunes butchers them, and devours them

If
>>
>>2010100
It's actually not the first rape so even if she did save her in time...

Without spoiling much, the fact that she has been raped before is obviously something that bothers Kanako but it also serves a purpose in her relationship with Hatsune.
>>
>>2009879
Doesn't make her any less stupid.
>>
Hey guys, a visual novel the length of 350,000+ words, how long is it equal to in terms gameplay time (Yuri-related)?
>>
>>2010191
Considering it's about three times longer than a lengthy novel, I'd say... 15-20 hours including "gameplay"? It really depends on how fast you read, how fast the text speed is and whether or not the player will become bored enough to skip though it.
>>
>>2010193
Thank you! You are a pal for helping out!
>>
>>2010191

A lord of the rings book is, on average, 150k words. (all three together are ~450k words)
Translating this to VNs is tricky, but there is one translated VNs with an English word-count being available. It has a (jp) script of roughly 2.7 mb, and roughly 370k words in the translation.

So, with voice-acting and such, that VN has an "average" reading time of 45 hours. You can generally base things off that. A 350k words VN is, as far as vndb would be concerned, most likely in the 30-50hours range. Without voice-acting things change obviously, but it's not THAT important.

You can also go by "average reading speed", but that number is also kinda.. eh. You aren't always going at 100%, especially in longer sessions and "comfortable reading speed" varies. Also VNs on auto-read will always have "pauses" after lines, even pressing "enter" is a bit of time as well.
That said, for 350k words it's like 1000-2000 minutes. Or 16-33 hours.

So yeah, it HEAVILY varies on how you want to look at it and how people read. I sometimes like to read character dialog as if it's spoken by the character. Takes WAY longer than just normally reading. Others speed-read. So a 350k words novel can take anything between 15 hours and 50. (with extremes not being included. Some can be even faster, and slower is no problem either, especially if repeated text is read before branching or whatever)
>>
>>2010231
Thanks again! I was catching up on details about a Yuri visual novel I'm currently excitedly anticipating for (it's non-english at the moment, till english translations come around), and the creator pegged the word-count at roughly that much. So, it got me wondering, how much time will I be occupied with, and about game length in general, since it's kind of rare to come across a Yuri visual novel with this long a story.

VNDB has "Hakuisei Ren'ai Shoukougun" (This is just an example, not the visual novel I'm talking about) stated as long (30-60 hours). But, what's the word-count for it?
>>
File: evcg_harem.jpg (768KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
evcg_harem.jpg
768KB, 1280x720px
>>2009280
i want the manga to have this end.
>>
>>2010281
So there's another girl in the harem? I don't remember the one on the right.
>>
Has anyone played the Catch Canvas demo? Does it make a difference if you play as a female MC, or did it take the Huniepop approach?
>>
>kindred spirits
>flowers
>akai ito
It's only March, but 2016 is already shaping to be a great year in terms of translated VNs. Just want to say thank you for everyone involved in bringing these titles to us non-moonspeakers.
>>
>>2010291
I've heard someone on /evn/ say that the demo felt very designed for a male perspective, but I can't personally verify as the idea's not appealing to me even with a female MC.
>>
>>2010306
Con season runs through August, so there's a good chance that even more yuri games will get announced by the end of it.
>>
>>2010314
...whats left at this point? they must have announced 90% of the available yuri ones.
>>
>>2010341
More SonoHana and whatever people were listing for MangaGamer's licensing survey. There are still various games that aren't translated yet.

https://vndb.org/g82
>>
>>2010306
I wouldn't be so happy about Flowers.
>>
>>2010283
She's a girl who moves in after Hanabi decides to stay. Gets sekuhara'd by the boozer a lot. Haven't seen any new raws so don't know if she's in the Hanabibowl
>>
>>2010291
>Does it make a difference if you play as a female MC
I played on female and the only gender specific lines you get are
>I know we're both girls, but still...
>Hey, relax. It doesn't bother me which team you bat for.
>questioning my sexuality
>>
>>2010306
I don't particularly like Kindred Spirits. The only reason I didn't hit the refund button on steam, is I want to contribute to the Yuri genre (and it's a bit my fault for buying into the hype, instead of listening to myself, as I usually do.) However, I'm looking forward a lot to Flowers, and I appreciate Sekai Project investing in other smaller Yuri VN titles (I bought both Sacrament sheep and AtomGrrl, and there are two other up-coming titles, Ne no Kimi and Highway Blossoms soon to arrive) plus also, western VN makers producing stuff for the Yuri genre.

My hope is for the "Hakuisei Aijou Izonshou" and (Hakuisei Ren'ai Shoukougun) to be announced for licensing.
>>
>>2010428
>Highway Blossoms
that is western made.
>>
>>2009280
Do you mind posting direct links, since even tough I went on and registered, the site still won't let me access the page?
>>
>>2010428
So your saying AtomGrrl is better then Kindred?

Your an idiot,
>>
>>2010428
Well, speak of the devil. I have both demos of "Hakuisei Ren'ai Shoukougun" and "Hakuisei Aijou Izonshou" fansubbed on my channel.

Shirokoi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR_M4iiEJVM
Hakuai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etn5MLJQpPM
>>
>>2010051
Source?
>>
Hey OP, can you add in "Heileen 3" and "Planet Stronghold Colonial Defense" to the Non-H English original VN list?

Heileen 3 has 4 Yuri romance options (with otome mixed). Planet Stronghold Colonial Defense has selectable FemMc with 4 Yuri romance options (the other 2 will be added in a patch next month).
>>
>>2010428
Everyone is entitled to their own shit taste, I guess.
>>
>>2010485
Digimon
>>
>>2010501
Got that, should've said 'doujin source'.
>>
>>2010516
It just a korean fan-artist drewing their favorite couple no doujin
>>
>>2010500
Fanbois out in full force, I see. Pray tell, what's so great about the title, and it had better be a good answer.
>>
>>2010526
Shame, I thought it was a translated doujin, cause it's paneled and is in English.
>>
>>2010463
Thank you for all the fansubbing, good work.

The only complaint I have is keeping words such as kawaii and kanpai untranslated. Maybe you're trying to be ironic, but that just feel cringy.
>>
>>2010439
http://www.mediafire.com/?e12yoyo0af2sy20
>>
>>2010080

How do the Endings work?

Is it "locked" like you have to beat the game once to get one ending, before you are even given the opportunity to get the other endings

Or do your "choices" matter and you can get any ending on your first play through?
>>
>>2010622
Thanks but, what's the password?
>>
>>2010659
I don't know I got two ending then got lazy and never continued the true end is after you max everyone's friendship and do their quest and beat the two secret bosses and go back to fight the final boss
>>
>>2010686
is on the page:
PW:merryhachi
>>
I'm currently going through Tokyo Necro. Does anyone have any recommended route order to maximize one's enjoyment of Echika's story?

I went through Ilya first then Mitsumi's route and enjoyed Echika's story in Mitsumi's route much more because of that (due to the contrast, a better grasp of Echika's feelings). With the remaining two (Kiriri and Suu), there seems to be a huge overlap (so far) and that leaves me at a loss for which one to go for. Do I just get on with Kiriri's route and enjoy their interaction, or go with Suu's (?) double death route. There has only been a tiny bit of deviation so far and I'm afraid that going with Suu's would spoil rather than enhance my enjoyment of the main yuri route.
>>
>>2010531
It's a pretty well-written yuri visual novel with 7 different couples, and you wonder why people like it on /u/?
>>
File: 1456282023717.jpg (3MB, 1552x9350px) Image search: [Google]
1456282023717.jpg
3MB, 1552x9350px
>>2010050
>>
>>2010792
So is that basically Persona with Digimons?
>>
>>2010780
I would say Su last is the natural order, but I don't think it makes much difference and Su's route wouldn't spoil the yuri in Kiriri's route as that really starts after the routes deviate drastically from each other.
>>
>>2010066
>other one
>common
The nonbinary "I am neither a man nor a woman" type, not the crossplayer type. The only character I've seen like this is the Attack on Titan's Hange and Tiger and Bunny's Fire Emblem. What did you mean by common?
>>
>>2010794
>Purse owner
SMT fits better but just barely. Devil Survivor is actually the best comparison.
>>
>>2010798
Thanks for the reply.

From what I've seen during the video tape scene, Su's route should be more story focused, and will probably reveal more background info.

I initially decided to finish Kiriri's route last because I kind of suspected that I wouldn't be able maintain an interest in the series after I am done with Kiriri's. I am now, however, interested in how their relationship would go, given the circumstances in Su's route.
>>
>>2010788
When he mentioned Atom Grrrl I realized that he was either baiting or has a terminal case of shit taste, don't even bother replying.

>>2010800
>nonbinary
Stop.
>>
>>2010800
Common as in someone being nebulous about what they put. The guy was just pissy, which is odd considering the type of service Edens provided. It wasn't a frivolous net form, it was the equivalent to a boiler plate thing you can find in doctor offices.
>>
>>2010800
What happened to saying androgynous?
>>
>>2010876
Not that anon, and I don't know anything about the game you're talking about, but for me "androgynous" means 1) a boyish woman or 2) the player is unsure of the gender of the character, but the character is very clear about their own gender. Whereas "nonbinary" tells me that the character sees themselves as 1) neither male nor female or 2) both male and female.

These two words bring up very different images and expectation for me.
>>
>>2010883
I'm looking at the definitions right now and they seem completely identical.
>>
>>2010885
Androgynous (adj): partly male and partly female in appearance; of indeterminate sex.

The one who couldn't determine the sex is the viewer/player, not the character themselves. The character knows if himself/herself is a guy/gal.

Nonbinary on the other hand do not see themselves as either.
>>
>>2010885
Either those definitions aren't very clear or you aren't very good at following them.
>>
>>2010889
Ah, I see now, okay.
>>
>>2010800
Only tumblr fags care about Hange being nonbinary, everyone else treats her as a woman.
>>
>>2010690
It appears I need another eye exam. Thanks.
>>
File: 1458287878130.png (591KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1458287878130.png
591KB, 600x1200px
>>
>>2009012

From Kickstarter:

Rising Angels: Hope has been released on steam! We are working to get the keys sent out to all backers/donators over the next day or so! At the request of many, direct download episodes 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6 have been merged and changed to two weeks between. We also will have a larger patch this Sunday as the gallery becomes live in the direct download.

Rising Angels: Hope is the story of Faye Moonfallow, her squad of somewhat loveable misfits, and their dreams of joining the Katajion Space Force. However, before they can get there, they have to first pass the rigors of the Space Sector Academy. Life is rough, non-stop, and the danger of getting the boot is ever-present. Can Faye and her squad overcome the challenges posed to them or will the group destroy itself in chaos? Each day is an adventure as the young researcher tries to find her new place in the galaxy.
Features:
- Expanded remake of the original Rising Angels story, Rising Angels: The Red Rose
- 8 - 10 hour adventure spanning Faye's year
- Options to help guide Faye through her adventure
- Unlockable gallery with unseen images from both the original game and the remake

Rising Angels: Hope is a yuri visual novel with 3 parts that will be released as free updates. The combined parts adding up to an 8-10 hour adventure of love, mystery, and growth.

Part 1: Initial release Part 2: April 1st Part 3: April 15th
>>
>>2011439
Frogot the Steam link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/368150
>>
>>2011439
is this a completely new game? I think i played the latest one which was in space and i tried the earlier ones which were in a school/academy setting. also i don't remember their being that many options
>>
>>2011439
>Rising Angels: Hope is a yuri visual novel
Well I mean I guess it's technically yuri even if you do get literally cucked by the racist white guy at the end?
>>
>>2011521
Inevitably? Then no, it isn't.
>>
>>2011521
Are you from the future?
>>
>>2011522
>>2011524
It's what happened in the first one, so I'd almost be surprised if some similar shit doesn't happen in this one.
>>
>>2011536
Cool story, fearmonger-chan.
>>
>>2011538
Do you also call people who advice against voting Trump "fearmongers"?
>>
>>2011539
Quite the mental gymnastics there, buddy. You don't know the outcome, yet you declare it's not going to have yuri ending because no evidence. I'd call that fearmongering.
>>
>>2011539
I'm all for caution on story development, but that "analogy" is just dumb, anon. Apples and oranges dumb. Don't do that.
>>
File: image.jpg (448KB, 2048x1311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
448KB, 2048x1311px
寻▪诺 (Xunnou, "Undying Love"): Chinese yuri VN coming out this year. A tale of two lovers, spanning through ancient history, reincarnation and the present day, and the fight between light, spirits and darkness within.

http://xunnuo.name/home.html
https://vndb.org/v18617
>>
File: image.jpg (473KB, 2048x1312px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
473KB, 2048x1312px
>>2011568
Someone also posted a trailer and English subbed demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW7ERPyppT4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0REtYm9L4o
>>
So I just got some money. Should I buy Senran Kagura 2, Fire Emblem: Fates, or buy Yurirei, Stardew Valley, and Atom Grrl together?
>>
>>2011568
>>2011570
Chinese Shiznat.
>>
>>2011571
Buy Yurirei, then hack your 3DS and pirate the crap that is SK and FE.
>>
>>2011571
Is Fates the one with crappy localization?
>>
>>2011573
Sounds more like KnM.
>>
>>2011571
Don't buy fire emblem for the yuri. Buy it only if you're a fan of the series.
>>
>>2011591
I mean the character design.
>>
>>2011598
I'll admit I missed that completely. Though I still think you're wrong.
>>
File: kodoku ni kiku yuri.jpg (96KB, 810x648px) Image search: [Google]
kodoku ni kiku yuri.jpg
96KB, 810x648px
>>2011521
I was disappointed in that as well, was not expecting het ntr in my yurige.
>>2010428
I didn't think Kindred Spirits was that great either, it was alright.
>>
>>2011587
No, but it's the one people like claiming has a bad localization because they want to convert lesbians with their penis.
>>
File: 1436392411171.jpg (133KB, 858x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436392411171.jpg
133KB, 858x720px
>>2011609
>>2011587
They changed Rhajat's character to resemble Tharja's more, and changed the female S support to be nearly the same as the male one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/46miar/a_look_at_samesex_marriage_options_in_the/#s
>>
>>2011610
Yeah, they changed a bad S rank support to a different bad S rank support. This is upsetting to some people for some reason.
>>
>>2011614
What do you dislike about the original S-Rank support with Rhajat?
>>
File: c12.jpg (121KB, 600x827px) Image search: [Google]
c12.jpg
121KB, 600x827px
>>2011609
Gay conversion is in the original game, like it or not. It's just stupid to change the script in translation because of self-righteous moral crusaders.
>>
>>2011616
It's perhaps slightly better than the one we got, but she's still Full Retard Creepy Yandere Stalker. She's a shitty character, and nothing is ever going to change that. Please get over it.

I look forward to the possibility of getting a good gay waifu in future games, though.

>>2011616
> It's just stupid to change the script in translation because of self-righteous moral crusaders.
Incorrect.
>>
>>2011655
>Creepy Yandere Stalker.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>2011664
It's a very bad thing, and yes I am salty about the fact that the only lesbian S rank support is also literally the worst character in the game.
>>
File: Yamiyo ni Odore.png (1MB, 1296x758px) Image search: [Google]
Yamiyo ni Odore.png
1MB, 1296x758px
Just started 闇夜に踊れ which lets you chose your protagonist (male or female).
https://vndb.org/v5931

I am excite
>>
File: nip nog ching chong.png (207KB, 581x443px) Image search: [Google]
nip nog ching chong.png
207KB, 581x443px
>>2011684
>>
>>2011604
Was there an update that adds things or am I just not remembering that happening (in the pic). I recall being disappointed with Lonely Yuri, mostly cause it seemed like Seri uses Fusa to stave off boredom than anything.
>>
>>2011687
Possibly you only played the demo?

>>2011536
>It's what happened in the first one, so I'd almost be surprised if some similar shit doesn't happen in this one.

What I've heard suggests that the author intends to try and address that, either by making the story not END there so she still gets a girlfriend eventually, if not the one she originally wanted, or by changing it completely. However, since I know they haven't released the whole game yet, I don't currently know what's in the part that has come out.

I'm waiting around for review information
>>
>>2011692
>demo
It's the same version, so perhaps I'm just not remembering.
>>
>>2011692
>However, since I know they haven't released the whole game yet, I don't currently know what's in the part that has come out.

Exactly, no one knows yet so it's unnecessary to post shit like this >>2011521
>>
>>2011684
I could never get her route is there a walkthrough or guide that lets me get her route?
>>
>>2011709
http://nikomaki.blog.jp/archives/1135781.html
>>
>>2011708
>unnecessary to post shit like this >>2011521
track record
>>
>>2011727
Warning that it's a possibility, sure. Stating it as a fact, no.
>>
>>2011692
The original game was originally supposed to be a full VN with branching story and multiple endings but apparently due to time/money constraints it became a KN. I've seen criticisms about the creator's writing, but Reborn was actually pretty good.

One thing I *don't* think has been addressed is how he said in the remake he'd be replacing the stock Japanese high school backgrounds with original sci-fi flavored ones.
>>
>>2011732
I think it was said that due to budget constraints, the stock backgrounds ended up being kept.
>>
>>2011630
The meme generation is starting to rear its memetic head in the workforce.
>>
>>2011727
The track record where he released a solid game with yuri right after it because he agreed that he screwed up previously, added a bunch more yuri romance options to the sequel to appease yuri fans asking for it, and then went back to his original mistake with the intent to do it properly this time? That track record?

I get that he messed up three years ago, but at what point does the good outweigh the bad?
>>
Lenna isn't going to end up with either Faye or Sol at the end of Hope, since Hope is in continuity with Reborn, and neither of them was with her as of that game. Faye's going to be a potential love interest for Natalie's sister in Fates.
>>
>>2011771
The protagonist caught the girl she had a crush one having sex with the douchebag. There was supposed to be a second part where she either got with her best friend or stole the crush away to the joys of lesbianism, but the overwhelmingly hostile response lead to the game being abandoned and a new spinoff (Reborn) being made instead.
>>
>>2011771
>but it can't have been that bad.
It was awful and he fully advertised the game as yuri up until the backlash. No one knew it was going to be het NTR until the end.
>>
>>2011773
Basically.
>>
>>2011774
I wonder what surprises we can expect from this one.
>>
>>2011772
Wow, that sounds really awful. Can't help but agree with the untrustful anons, if the author is such an asshole I wouldn't be surprised if he does it again...
>>
>>2011792
>>2011761
I'd be more surprised if he didn't tear them apart at the first chance and stuck Sol in a bar to mope.
>>
>>2011792
According to what people said here, he wants redemption and apparently he made another game after with yuri in it

I think he deserves some trust
>>
>>2011795
Someone who thinks yuri-->het NTR is ever worth writing deserves nothing but deep loathing.
>>
>>2011774
>he fully advertised the game as yuri
Then he's a piece of shit.
>>
>>2011798
>>2011805
Okay guys, i know it's bad when this happens, but for fuck's sake, read >>2011772

It really is Kuttsukiboshi all over again
>>
>>2011807
>"I'm going to make a yuri game/route for the yurifans, and fully advertise it as yuri, what would be a good thing to add?"
>"Het NTR!"
The best part is that it sounds like he didn't even EXPECT a backlash.
This isn't someone you can trust to not mess it up somehow.
>>
>>2011812
Exactly. Unless they got a new writer this sounds like it will stay shit no matter how hard he scrubs.
>>
>>2011814
That was quite a while ago now, I think he was just trying to tell a story the first time and didn't realise what a huge horrible trope he was retelling. I think he knows better now.
>>
>>2011817
>I think he was just trying to tell a story the first time and didn't realise what a huge horrible trope he was retelling

This is pretty much the only thing needed to be said about this topic.
>>
>>2011571
Option 2: Yurirei, Stardew Valley, and Atom Grrl together

Much more worth it, in my opinion.
>>
>>2011812
>>2011814
What part of...

>There was supposed to be a second part where she either got with her best friend or stole the crush away to the joys of lesbianism, but the overwhelmingly hostile response lead to the game being abandoned and a new spinoff (Reborn) being made instead

...you guys didn't understand? There was supposed to be a second part where the heroine gets the girl back, but since everyone hated it, the whole thing is being remade

I get that people might dislike the fact that he even added the het in the first place, but isn't it really obvious that if the second part was scratched and he is now remaking the whole thing, now he is going to add everything? Including the "get the girl back" yuri ending?
>>
>>2011823
I wouldn't want the girl back anyway.
>>
>>2011823
>I get that people might dislike the fact that he even added the het in the first place
This is the problem.
>>
>>2011825
Fucking purityfags.
>>
>>2011827
>I don't want graphic depictions of the main love interest getting fucked by a dude in a yuri VN
>"Fucking purityfags"
Fuck off back to >>>/h/
>>
>>2011827
you are in the wrong place.
>>
>>2011828
How graphic was it?
>>
> https://twitter.com/CosmillicaJP/status/711190068279398400

Cosmillica is asking if western yuri fans would be interested in their yuri road VN. Please tell them yes.
>>
>>2011825
Fine them, if you dislike het and it ruins it for you, whatever

But why are people acting as if he is going to make it full het? You'd think that with backlash resulting in a cancelled second part he would learn from his mistake
>>
>>2011831
Reminds me of that OELVN coming out soon. I don't remember the name, but it's also about lesbians on a road trip.
>>
>>2011830
The heroine hears them moaning, the girl saying the guy's name and he saying "i love you", them she goes to see it and says that "their naked bodies were intertwined" but it doesn't show anything
>>
I really dont mind men or even Het in Yuri. I really dont. But if you try to embroach a lesbian relationship with het thats sick and that kinda bait is disgusting. Dont support devs like that.
>>
>>2011834
Seems unfortunate, but not gratuitous. I don't feel like there's any titiliation intended, it's just something shitty that happened the character and we're supposed to sympathise with her. Fucking purity fags.
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 595x842px
>>2011832
There was a time when /u/'s hatred of het was based around the lack of yuri content, the numerous bait and switches, and the piles of dead lesbians in media. Justified or not, at least back then we based our hate on something.

Nowdays, /u/'s newer residents seem to just wanna complain about everything that's related to men.
>>
>>2011842
>I'm such an oldfag look at me

I don't care about het and yuri being together in the same game/anime/whatever as long as they're kept seperate
In something that's supposedly yuri-only, having a dude fuck the girl is reasonable grounds to complain.
>>
>>2011841
>>2011842
I'm >>2011832 and i have to say that i extremely dislike het in yuri as well, specially when it's "girl fucks a guy/gets a boyfriend to generate drama and angst", i don't immediatly drop it or anything, but it's something that definetly makes the work a little worse for me

So yeah, i'm a "purityfag"

However, people weren't being fair with the guy, specially since he wants to fix his mistake
>>
>>2011842
That's tumblr for you.
>>
>>2011843
>something that's supposedly yuri-only

Maybe you should petition for a No-het tag, as well as a list of other things that upset you.
>>
>>2011846
Good bait.
>>
>>2011841
I'm not even a purityfag and that makes me angry. Why are you even here? No one agrees with you.
>>
>>2011847
So don't address my point at all, okay.
It's an age old trope and is clearly not what anyone was expecting from what was advertised.
Complaining is completely justified so I can understand why you can't argue.
>>
>>2011845
I think not dropping something the moment one of the girls so much as interacts with anything male shaped means you're not really a purity fag.
>>
>>2011841
God forbid someone to want a yuri story with no het.
>>
>>2011846

Some day, yuri will be big enough that we can expand beyond this suffocating environment of repetitive storytelling around two virgin school girls finding their undying homo love for each other

But I get the feeling that a certain segment of this community will always be extremely vocal against anything without a vagina being relevant to the plot.
>>
>>2011850
Complaining is fine. Perfectly justified in this situation. But then you won, he threw it out the window, gave you pure yuri games, and you keep complaining about it years later.
>>
>>2011849
Not having been expecting it, it is an unpleasant surprise and I can understand why people would be annoyed. Is it poor storytelling, rehashing a cliche that's as old as stories about lesbians? Yes. But is it worth the knee jerk reaction loads of anons have had in this thread, and presumably others, where they seem to be painting all his current and future works with a hetshit brush when the scene itself doesn't even show the act? I just think people are overreacting. I played the prequel for the game he has in development now and it was cute and sufficiently yuri and I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.
>>
>>2011851
If you say so, but whenever i make any cristicism about het in a series i get called a purityfag
>>
A protagonist being upset by finding out that a girl she's attracted to is sexually active in a straight relationship ought to be a perfectly valid kind of plot development, not sick or worthy deep loathing. Seems like a shame that the yuri audience has so many fragile babies that can't cope with things like that.
>>
>>2011849
I agree with him. Fucking purityfags are the worst.
>>
>>2011855
>But then you won, he threw it out the window, gave you pure yuri games, and you keep complaining about it years later.
Not debating this at all and I agree that at the very least we should wait it out.

What I didn't agree with is that not wanting het sex in a yuri route is now being a purityfag and it isn't worth complaining about.
>>
>>2011858
See >>2011846
>>
It's been years since I read it, but I think I recall rising angels being especially bad because Faye didn't even get to call her girlfriend out on literally fucking the neo-nazi behind her back, the story just sort of ended.
>>
>>2011860
No, all the people insisting everything he has ever made or will make is tainted because of one uninformed mistake are purityfags.
>>
>>2011860
Maybe you can just decide that it isn't your type of story and move on, instead of pretending it's a huge conspiracy to sabotage your entire community.
>>
>>2011862
There was supposed to be a second part, but it got shelved because of the backlash.
>>
>>2011833
Highway Blossoms
>>
>>2011858
A lesbian angsting out because the girl she is attracted to is with a guy is like the cellphone not working in a horror movie

It works, but most people are tired of it

>>2011860
Except people wanted to lynch the guy or something, it wasn't just criticism, they were saying everything he did, is doing and will do is het
>>
>>2011865
No I mean, I'm pretty sure there was ample opportunity for her to do so, but, like, she didn't even get mad or anything.
>>
>>2011859
leave. no one likes you.
>>
>>2011867
Cheating is a common plot device in any romance story.
>>
>>2011868
Oh. That would be particularly irritating.
>>
>>2011870
No, you go back to tumblr.
>>
Just FYI, the dev you're speaking of had something to do with Brilliant Shadows, the game where you kiss the male love interest to know if you're gay.
>>
>>2011858
I don't watch/read yuri to see het in it. And if we are fragile babies, you are all dicklovers.
>>
>>2011874
Does it work?
>>
>>2011859

I used to really hate the Utena clique for popularizing that term and using it on anyone who didn't like Dio's role in the story.

But oh man am I thankful for having it now. It's the perfect term to describe the younger members of this community these days.
>>
>>2011875
This, it goes both ways.
>>
>>2011875
>my fetishes should dictate everyone's artistic output
>>
>>2011866
Right, that's the one. Honestly, the art in Highway Blossoms looks better than the Japanese one, which surprises me.
>>
>>2011879
What the artist fucking advertises should dictate his output.
>>
>>2011882
That is fair.
>>
I can understand the anger if it was truly a bait-and-switch, ie marketed as yuri and then suddenly het. It wouldn't bother me all that much if I knew about it in advance, but I would feel misled if a game advertised as yuri suddenly had an unavoidable heterosexual romance.
>>
>>2011876
Good question.
>>
Many people here seem to think that for a story to be good, it must to have het in it, even if it's of the yuri genre. What kind of logic is that? Sounds like they think heterosexuality is cult and intelectual, no kidding.
>>
>>2011886
Looks like it worked to me.
>>
>>2011886
A shapeshifter with a male form.
>>
>>2011887
What? Who said that? Can you identify the posts that lead you to believe this?
>>
>>2011887
That's literally not something anyone at all has said in this thread so far.
>>
>>2011885
This is exactly what it was.
Not liking it makes you a purityfag now.
>>
>>2011885
Thing is the end part is not even released yet. But no, let's all get outraged before we find out what kind of ending it has.
>>
>>2011877
Why are you so against a yuri story that has no het in it? Aren't you happy with all the 100% het stories in 99% of the media?
>>
>>2011887
Nice strawman.
>>
>>2011893
No, being a big baby and saying that that happening in one story ruins all other stories the author ever tells is what makes you a purityfag.
>>
>>2011894
End part is irrelevant to the point. Doesn't change the bait-and-switch part.
>>
>>2011862
>Faye and Lenna weren't really a couple at the time though from what I remember. Wasn't Lenna already in a relationship with Sol at the time anyway?
>>
>>2011894
It's not the ending that's important my man, the conclusion isn't even relevant.
>>
>>2011898
Which we don't know if it is in this version. And is it truly a bait-and-switch if the girl gets the other girl in the end? Or is she damaged goods at that point in your opinion?
>>
File: yuritopia.png (279KB, 564x424px) Image search: [Google]
yuritopia.png
279KB, 564x424px
This circular and non-constructive conversation has nothing to do with yuri games. Let's focus on the subject at hand.
>>
>>2011874
No, she did it to figure out what the girl she liked saw in him.
>>
>>2011889
So?
>>
>>2011909
Oh, whoops.
>>
Has anyone actually played Rising Angels: Hope?
>>
>>2011909
>Let's focus on the subject at hand.

I wish people did just that. Focus on the yuri parts of things instead of relentlessly bringing up the parts that weren't yuri.

As for the actual game, it's sweet and beautiful but damn it's been ages since I've played through an actual VN and it's aggravatingly slow paced a times.
>>
>>2011916
Dude.
>>
>>2011904
Some people thought Aki from Kindred Spirits wasn't pure enough because she was attracted to different girls in the past and finds other girls attractive besides her love interest.
>>
>>2011916
I played the one with the dragon and it was pretty neat.
>>
>>2011916
I have.
>>
>>2011923
I'm interested in the fox girl from the upcoming Fates.
>>
>>2011931
Thoughts about the game so far.
>>
>>2011932
I backed Fates off the back of enjoying Reborn, but I haven't actually been paying much attention to the updates I get because I usually find I enjoy things the most when I have no expectations. I hope it's good though. Who doesn't love a good fox-eared asshole?
>>
>>2011922
Hopefully only a handful of people here actually reach that level of purityfagging, but one thing is having a character who makes a one-off comment about the attractiveness of another girl, and another thing is having a character who has sex with another guy and clearly enjoys it.
>>
>>2011931
How is it? Does it redeem itself for causing Faye so much pain?

>tfw Arooooooo
>>
>>2011922
Haven't played Kindred Spirits but hahaha holy shit thats sad. To be honest i would wan't more slutty yuri in my games.
>>
>>2012028
Aki said that if she met the MC before Youka, that she might have fallen for the MC instead.
>>
>>2012041
.. And?
>>
https://twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/711349262844440576
https://twitter.com/CosmillicaJP/status/711347874181722114

Sekai Project might pick up Koi to, Guitar to, Aoi Sora. https://vndb.org/v16521
It'd probably be helpful to respond to SP's tweet with a "yes, localize it. pretty please with cherries."
>>
>>2011839
>But if you try to embroach a lesbian relationship with het thats sick and that kinda bait is disgusting.
'relationship'?

as soon as a girl likes me I'm in a relationship with her? man, the world is complicated.

(Note - it's completely shit to advertise the game with yuri and have it END with "ha ha nope", he shouldn't have released the game at that stage without bringing it to its conclusion. However, I object to people who freak out when a one-sided crush turns out not to be true love. It makes us all sound pretty yandere.)
>>
>>2011847
That is, in fact, why VNDB has a "girls love only" tag.

Although such a game would probably still qualify, at a low score, if the lesbian protagonist never has any involvement with or interest in guys.
>>
>>2012049
Considering the reception for Dahlia and Atom Grrl though?
>>
http://operationrainfall.com/2016/03/17/impressions-sakura-dungeon/

No explicit confirmation that it's yuri-only but it's still a female protagonist, lots of half-naked girls, and no sign of men
>>
>>2012070
Sounds a lot like Demon Master Chris.
>>
>>2012089
I think the Winged Cloud staff worked with Nyaatrap on Demon Master Chris. Also, the artist is either the same person, or someone that has a really similar style.
>>
>>2012050
Maybe he should have just gone full yandere.
>>
File: Headcanon.png (3MB, 1754x1754px) Image search: [Google]
Headcanon.png
3MB, 1754x1754px
>>
>>2012070
I've heard that the dev told someone who was disappointed in the game being yuri, that the female protagonist teams up with a guy. Not sure what his role in the story is though.
>>
>>2012103
What's this supposed to be from?
>>
>>2012123
Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>2012065
they only published atom grrrl, which had a decent reception for what it was.

>>2012121
was that on patreon? that's a little weird. WC has never had guys other than the MC in their games.
>>
>>2012143
>they only published atom grrrl
huh? cosmilica is listed as the developers
>>
>>2012121
I have a suspicion this rumor is based on something I said, which was based on an ambiguous line in a preview somewhere which implied the protagonist was teaming up with someone. When I went back and looked at it though, that preview never stated she was teaming up with a male.
>>
>>2012145
your reply was pretty vague so i thought you meant the reception of published games. as to dahlias reception it was mostly that is was a weird game and tragic yuri. it also had a crazy limited release so it's not like their flagship title.

>>2012146
that makes sense. teams up is a fox girl and a knight it was stated by winged cloud before. as to how much yuri this has and if anyone will find it satisfying i have no idea, but WC does not do romance.
>>
>>2012155
>it was mostly that is was a weird game
so is atom grrrl. basically the point i was making is that the evidence so far suggests they make weird games that /u/ doesn't really like that much
>>
>>2012157
https://twitter.com/CosmillicaJP/status/711358773529448448
FWIW
>>
File: Sakura-Dungeon-01.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sakura-Dungeon-01.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>2012155
The knight is probably the other girl on the title screen with the fox girl MC.
>>
File: 75831.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
75831.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
>>2012157
It is quite funny how people keep complaining to yuri stories to have something else than high school setting with high school romance, yet when something else gets released it's too weird or too edgy.
>>
>>2012167
Things like Highway Blossoms and Starlight Vega are interesting, because they have plots outside of the typical high school romance cliches. Cosmillica's games run into bizarre territory and usually have unsatisfying plots.
>>
>>2012167
well atom grrl is weird, what can you expect from pulp fiction with lesbians. i would not say it was poorly received like anon says it was received just how i'd expect 'pulp fiction with yuri' to be.

and iirc atom grrl has been praised a few times for not following the highschool cliche.
>>
File: 20160320005413_1.jpg (226KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20160320005413_1.jpg
226KB, 1280x1024px
Stardew Valley continues to be pretty cute. I hope the dev gets that marriage update out before the lines start to repeat over and over.
>>
>>2012167
Just because I don't want more high school high jinks with "g-girls can't love girls, right?", doesn't mean I want edgy gangsta lesbians. I'm perfectly fine with normal SoL setting involving, say, adult women. Or even teenage girls in other settings (i.e. from a different time period, or just in a setting other than the high school). See Aoishiro, for example, although the cast there is a mix between adults and teenagers, which is even better.

I can see how Atom Grrl might be enjoyable as an over-the-top parody, but not as an actual story.
>>
>>2012167
The irony is real, but at the same time you can't help but notice that VN developers can't read the yuri fandom for shit. Be it in Japan or in the West anime like Nanoha, Madoka, or more recently Symphogear have a huge yurifan following, yet when devs hear complaints along the line of "we'd like something else than the typical SoL yuri schoolgirl romance we've seen a hundred times already" none of them seem able to make the logical connection. So instead they come up with stuffs no one asked for, which so far hasn't shown to be that successful.
>>
>>2012292
>So instead they come up with stuffs no one asked for
Or rather something the devs themselves want to see, that is at least the case with Atom Grrrl!
>>
>>2012216
I'm waiting for the patch before getting married because I don't want Abigail to turn into a soulless housewife who spends her whole day watering my crops and staring at the wall. I wish I could at least be able to play vidya with her again.
>>
>>2012292
I enjoyed Tokyo Necro. Praise be to Fukami Makoto. I hope he has a hand in more VNs in the future.

I don't necessarily need an all girls setting like Flowers or HakuAi. I'm OK with the way Tokyo Necro handled things. In fact, I probably want more of that. A protagonist in a sci-fi setting who happens to be gay, has standards, doesn't need a dick to get off, and has a story/development that goes further than just "Oh but forbidden love".
>>
>>2012240
>Or even teenage girls in other settings (i.e. from a different time period, or just in a setting other than the high school). See Aoishiro, for example, although the cast there is a mix between adults and teenagers, which is even better.
This.
Why yuri authors or producers or devs can't simply understand that they can give yuri the same variety of stories/heroines and settings they put in heterosexual romance instances?
A yuri knight set in medieval fantasy setting to get her princess, sci-fi story about lesbian cyborg/android getting her girl, a lesbian soldier in war in some country saves her cute female survivor, adult lesbian pilot flying around the world getting new girls in each country she visits beung followed by a hot female detective or any other case which isn't highschool romance drama.

Hell it looks that many authors can't really create yuri works with adult characters in it not being able to write something which automatically doesn't include cheating and guys in it where the girls have to date or do it with them for plot.

I'm somehow astonished how outdated japanese yuri authors are about such things, they either making highschool drama stories between the girls or the adult ones are in such quality with the josei logic put between.

Give me more Murcielago where there's interesting story, lot of lesbian sex and action.
>>
>>2012292
That's not really the sentiment on the Japanese side. They would welcome a full price, non-fixed-couple yuri game with a standard school setting. Far from seeing it a hundred times, they're basically just as rare as games like Seisai no Resonance and Pygmalion, and there's not been a really good one.
>>
>>2012324
>full price, non-fixed-couple yuri game with a standard school setting
Looking at vndb, I don't think I can find a single one, actually. Majiyuri I guess? But that's a full retard nukige with semen CGs, so it's garbage either way.
>>
>>2012352
There is Shojokyuu, which I really like, but it's old and its production standards were poor even for its time, and its story doesn't do much more than contextualize the sex (it does that well though).
>>
>>2012306
>A protagonist in a sci-fi setting who happens to be gay, has standards, doesn't need a dick to get off, and has a story/development that goes further than just "Oh but forbidden love".
This so much.

I wish Tokyo Necro would get an official translation. Or maybe an anime, hell, there were cases of eroge getting adapted into general public anime before.
It's just so nice to see a story where the protagonist being gay isn't the center of the story, but rather just one of their many character traits. I'm not terribly against SoL VNs with the focus on romance, but a little variety is more than welcome now and then.
>>
Tbh what I want the most is a yuri otome game. So many otome games look really interesting, but the whole heterosexuality thing kinda ruin it for me.
>>
>>2012478
Basically a yuri game with multiple routes that isn't focused on a cliche setting?
>>
File: steam.png (18KB, 640x154px) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
18KB, 640x154px
>go to Rising Angels: Hope Steam forum
>see this
Wat?
>>
>>2012508
Some people want to give the devs full price for their games.
>>
>>2012511
Still. It's a bit weird to announce it like that.
>>
>>2012529
It's just someone trying to be funny in the hopes of making the dev smile.

>>2012478
At least in western-made we get a couple of otome games with legit yuri routes instead of just Good Friends like in Japan, and a couple of yuri-only games that aren't fixed couples. Devs ARE trying to broaden what's available, at least a little.

Spirited Heart Girls Love, Black Closet, Starlight Vega, A Little Lily Princess, they're all yuri-only with multiple romance options.
>>
>>2012568
>Spirited Heart Girls Love
i wish you would stop bringing that ugly dated thing up. Use Embric or something actually fun to play.
>>
>>2012659
Sorry, it was just the first thing I could think of with a big stable of girl options. I never played it myself.
>>
>>2012305
It wasn't a long wait, as it looks like the update just dropped today. Seems like everyone picks Abigail. I went for Leah because she seemed like she'd be really happy on a farm, Abigail likes to wander too much.
>>
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Hustle Cat is a otome-like game with choosable MC gender, and two female love interests, for people who want to check it out. I haven't played it, so I'm unsure about the quality of the routes though.
>>
>>2012834
i really cannot justify $20 on 1/4 of a game while i ignore the rest.
>>
>>2012869
By that logic, if you play through an RPG that has three playable classes with just one class, you only get 1/3 of the game.
>>
>>2012874
Eh, it depends on whether the amount of content you get is worth the asking price. In a long RPG you generally get your money's worth even if you only play through once.

Many people don't play all routes because they don't like all the options. However, if $20 seems like too much for two routes, wait until it's on sale.
>>
>>2012874
Not really.

A VN with three routes of equal content is generally three entirely different stories, unless some events are common between all routes.

An RPG generally has the same companions, story, missions, enemies, dialogue, bosses, and whatever regardless of what class you choose. It is just a different way of playing the game. Most classes in most games also have different ways to play them, or different subclasses, which makes this fall apart further since you could then argue that I only played 1/9th of the game if I played a fire mage or something. A better comparison would be classes to gender and that would still be flawed since a choosable gender VN usually has almost the exact same content with different pronouns, so it isn't even playing differently.

With visual novels you pay for the entire package even if you only want certain parts of it, so you have to hope whatever parts you choose to experience are worth what you paid. If an otome game has 3 male interests and one female, it may have 20 hours worth of content but it will probably only have 5 that I want to experience, so I would not want to pay 20 bucks for it.
>>
>>2012999
>A VN with three routes of equal content is generally three entirely different stories, unless some events are common between all routes.

This is only true of those mobile games where you buy one route at a time and that route is a standalone story, in my experience. Most VNs have quite a lot of common bits, and the majority of players do not go for 100% completion.

>An RPG generally has the same companions, story, missions, enemies, dialogue, bosses, and whatever regardless of what class you choose.

Oldschool RPGs usually had some missions that were class-specific. Slightly less oldschool RPGs had a good route and an evil route which had largely different dialogue from each other but most people did not manage to play through both. More recent RPGs tend to have romance options and, again, only the most obsessive actually play all of them.

But yes, you do need to gauge the price you're willing to pay based on how much you think you can actually enjoy of it.
>>
Hyperdimension Neptunia U was just released on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/387340/
>>
File: not_elf_1_full.jpg (4MB, 2475x3500px) Image search: [Google]
not_elf_1_full.jpg
4MB, 2475x3500px
With any luck my samples of charms I'm producing for my KS will arrive tomorrow - I'm very excited to be able to share them.
Until then, I'm sharing some high resolution fanservice to celebrate.
>>
Starlight Vega is being delayed and won't release tomorrow after all. No word yet on what went wrong.

Could be as simple as having not submitted a build for approval in time, who knows.
>>
>>2013470
I was looking forward to playing that this week, I hope it isn't a long delay. I hope steam isn't blocking it for being too lewd, it is supposed to have an H scene isn't it?
>>
>>2013475
>spoiler
No.
>>
Has anybody played Yamiyoru ni Odore by Yatagarasu?

I heard something about being able to choose a female protagonist at the beginning, leading to yuri routes instead of het ones. I'm just curious how well-implemented that feature is. The CG set seems to indicate completely different H-scenes depending on gender, so I wonder if the story is significantly different as well.
>>
>>2013558
It was briefly discussed in this very thread.
>>
>>2013558
The story itself isn't any different, from what I can remember.
If you're talking about whether characters treat you differently because of your gender, I'm not sure if it matters aside from H-scenes. Then again, I was playing with a machine translation, so, you know.
>>
>>2013558
That game's art looks amazing but I heard that the femMC is always bottom during sex scenes so it kills my interest completely.

Is the plot and writing decent? I played Seisai no Resonance and while its plot is decent, its writing is astrociously bad (terrible dialogues, generic characters).
>>
File: 162.jpg (162KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
162.jpg
162KB, 1280x800px
>>2013751
She isn't always submissive, but yes, I think there are maybe two scenes where she actually tops.
Also, there's one futa (if you count "I'm going to grow a magical dick for just this one H-scene because why the fuck not" as futa) scene with her and the white-haired girl, so if you're not into it, better be careful.
>>
>>2013763
Thank you.
>>
Why is there no CG gallery for Hakuai?
>>
File: KS charms.jpg (88KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
KS charms.jpg
88KB, 800x469px
>>2013453
They arrived today.
>>
>>2014181
Cute. Can't say I see the appeal of charms myself but I suppose if the demand is there...
>>
>>2014181
>>
>>2014181
They're cute.
>>
fresh thread:

>>2014408
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.