[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 40

File: 1499117095777.jpg (114KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1499117095777.jpg
114KB, 500x707px
Paizo Games General /pgg/

Vengeance Edition - What was the last thing one of your characters went full on vengeance-mode over? What would he have done if anybody tried to stand in his way?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54362459
>>
>>54372442
Probably the time a childhood friend turned enemy castrated his son. He wasn't too happy about that.
>>
>>54372442
When a dirty, crummy wizard turned his kid into stone. Ended with the dirty, crummy wizard being drowned
>>
>>54372442
Thinking that a childhood friend had been raped. And then finding out that a more recent friend actually had been.
>>
>your dm puts this on the roll20 music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvXBFwcyek
>>
>>54372781
Things are about to get COMFY.
>>
File: GM allows PoW Warders.png (152KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
GM allows PoW Warders.png
152KB, 500x454px
Alright, I said I would share ideas for a rework of the PF Combat system here after the thread turned over, so I guess I'll do so now.

>1/?

So, rather than set “Actions” that a character can make each turn (such as Standard, Move, Full-attack, Swift,etc) instead each character has an “Action Que” or Deck kind of thing. Each class will have a different set amount of action slots at level 1, and will gain them at different rates for each class. Ideally, Fighters will have the highest gross number of slots once they level up. Each individual action will have its own action cost for performing. As such it will be smart for characters to properly plan and decide how to spend their slots for each round. In addition to this a rudimentary parry/counter/active defense system will be in place in the system, and they too will cost a number of actions to perform depending of the type of parr/counter, meaning a smart plaer will have to decide whether to go all out and immediately spend their actions at once, or leave some left over to spend on defensive actions. Further, combat maneuvers will no longer provoke AoO, but rather will instead cost a slightly higher amount of actions to perform, which can be mitigated with a feat to make a large number of maneuvers able to be done for reduced cost (taking inspiration from Elephant Feat Tax for this). Other feats can potentially change the cost of actions for other types of actions as well, or possibly add modifiers to them (such as with TWF, though not sure how to implement that yet).
>>
>>54372914
i blacked out while trying to read this mess
>>
File: half-swording and Mordhau.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
half-swording and Mordhau.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>54372914
>2/?

In addition, various strategies and alternate tactics can be used to change the cost of the an action for certain trade-offs or benefits. These can be anything from increasing action cost to increase the Attack Roll (basically focusing more to improve your own accuracy) or reducing the action cost by either lowering your damage amount or attack bonus (so this could either be trying to instead go for a glancing blow on purpose to deliver poison, or forgoing precision for a possible extra attack). By combining options like these, it may be possible to emulate things like Power Attack and similar, thus allowing the removal of those feats while also opening up options. Further, depending on your class, as you level up certain actions have have their cost reduced, or benefits enhanced, based on what class you are. This system will not be used alongside with Iteratives, however multiple attacks should be possible at higher levels depending on whether you want to reduce them with trade-offs or not, and how many Action slots you have
>>
>>54372781
Broodie? Is that you?
>>
File: PoW Counters.gif (2MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
PoW Counters.gif
2MB, 420x236px
>>54372942
>3/?

As mentioned, there would probably be implemented a basic active defense system. There will probably be different defensive options costing different amounts, like after performing a successful deflect action performing a ripost afterwards, which while this would be effective may leave you open after spending too many actions, meaning either you may be left defenseless against the guy’s buddy, or the attack may have been a feint to trick you into leaving yourself open to the real attack. Feints will be included as well, and as such being sure your character can spot them may become important to learning how to manage your combat actions. In addition, as a way to make shields more useful perhaps their shield bonus may now also apply to defensive action as a bonus, and can be used to reduce the cost of a “block” action. Basically what I’d imagine there will be are Block, Parry, Dodge, and Riposte action. The last one may instead just be the ability to perform an attack of opportunity after a successful parry, though as of yet I’m unsure. Have been also thinking about making Block mostly STR based and Dodge mostly DEX based, with Block being much cheaper naturally (especially with a shield) thus giving the STR builds a bit of an edge.

>>54372936
I wrote this ahead of time in Word in blocks. Sadly using blacks and paragraphs in word does not seem to translate well into 4chan posting format
>>
File: tg on Katanas.gif (2MB, 387x217px) Image search: [Google]
tg on Katanas.gif
2MB, 387x217px
>>54372975
>4/4

Spells I’m currently unsure about how to effect their cost, and whether to keep slots and such intact. While I would personally prefer to instead use Spheres, since you could play around with is a bit thanks to the nature of Spheres CL and such, I understand Spheres is not always liked, and would like to at least try to alter basic PF casting with this new system. However, one this is for sure that action cost will increase based upon spell level and its normal action type (meaning if you blow your action budget on a large spell, you probably won’t have enough actions to perform your Emergency Force Sphere to save your hide), and that spells in general will have a higher action cost than martial combat, since ideally magic should require much more mental focus than combat. Am also unsure if I should alter combat casting and the AoO stuff for it as well. Further, Concetration effects may probably cost each round the same amount of actions as it took to activate it, though certain feats and the like may be able to reduce this action cost. Also, I’ve been considering allowing a “risky casting” mechanic where you can lower the action cost of spells by incurring a Spell Failure percent, with maybe a possibility of Backfire happening if you fail too hard or so.

PoW will probably not be implemented into the base system, though if I were to make rules for them, I feel it would definitely be a good idea to give them a somewhat higher action cost than most normal combat actions, thus making them basically into fancy if somewhat risking things to try and pull off, as “spinning” is not always a good trick. As for Psionics, considering it already has Power Point and Psychic Focus mechanics, I may have them cost somewhat less than normal 1pp magic in terms of action cost.

Thoughts?
>>
>>54373004
stapling on an entirely new combat system is dumb and nobody will do it
>>
>>54373033
>lel didn't read
Is not "stapling on" numbnuts, its supposed to replace it. Please come back after you've learned how to read
>>
>>54373051
It is stapling on, because you can't just 'replace' it, you're at best covering up the old one with a complete mess.

Nobody will use it, nobody cares that much, you need to work within the system, not just cover it up
>>
>>54373051
replacing the combat system with an entirely new one is dumb and nobody will do it
>>
>>54373072
>>54373075
All the shitposting about PoW we've had these past several days says otherwise
>>
>>54373095
But PoW works WITHIN the systems of pathfinder, even with its problems it slots in pretty easily

Much easier to understand than your autistic idea
>>
>>54373004
>Thoughts?
This idea was idiotic from the get go and somebody probably should have let you know that slapping some poorly thought out new combat system over pathfinder's well defined ruleset was a mistake. That said, having seen what you've come up with here, you probably weren't going to do anything worthwhile with the time you wasted.
>>
>>54373106
>But PoW works WITHIN the systems of pathfinder,
The threads claim otherwise.

Also, how is this even all that hard to understand? Its no more complicated than, i dunno, game mechanics from a mobile and handheld games like Mobius Final Fantasy, or those shitty Megaman games about the internet.

Are you just retarded? Or just too lazy?

>>54373153
Is it so bad that after all the whining and complaining about how absolutely fucked the PF combat system and should be fixed, that I decide to actually address it? All you fucks do is whine and masturbate impotently all day, and complain about how someone needs to fix this shit. Yet when someone actually tries to get shit done, you hiss and shriek like a bunch of autistic luddites because someone dared violate the status quo. Isn't this supposed to be /tg/? The place where anons "get shit done"? Or are you just here because you can't be happy without something to complain about?
>>
>>54373210
Startoad, stop trying to re-invent Pathfinder. Nobody cares for your AD&D autism, your intrigue autism, or your constant feat/system rewrite autism.
>>
>>54373210
The thread is dumb and retarded then, because PoW just uses the already known systems of pathfinder, ie actions in combat, for different things

Yes, PoW has numbers problems, but there's a reason the book of weeaboo fightan magic was so loved in 3.5 and why people like PoW
>>
>>54373235
Oh god is it Startoad? Startoad is the guy i know AD&D shittery comes from
>>
>>54372442
An ongoing encounter with her rapist, who also raped one of her companions, much, much more savagely. Now the fiend will die and nothing will stay the hand of Justice! Hopefully this week the monster tastes the swift blade of vengeance!
>>
>>54373235
>Startoad,
I don't pay attention to your shitty ERP celebrity masturbation excercises. I have no idea who the fuck that asshole is, nor do I fucking care. And if your only defence is to accuse me of being one of your fag celebs, then maybe you should go fellate a shotgun after drinking a paint thinner cocktail
>>
File: Veilweavers.gif (485KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
Veilweavers.gif
485KB, 272x251px
>>54373236
DISCIPLINE ERRATA WHEN!?
>>
>>54373268
rofl, why are you so angry dude

Fuck off, weirdo
>>
>>54373278
soon(tm)
>>
>>54372956
I want to explore the depths of Broodie's DMing style with my throbbing mind!
>>
>>54373268
>Spacefrog gets triggered when found out
If you don't follow thread names, why are you so mad when called one? I question the rationality you'd take when we criticize your idea if you get this mad at what's basically a shitpost. Toughen up or get the fuck out, startoad.
>>
File: 1497798625656.jpg (176KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1497798625656.jpg
176KB, 894x894px
On a scale of 1:10, how anime is your current game?
>>
>>54373296
My DMing style is constantly second guessing myself and stressing a lot

but my maps are cute.
>>
>>54373280
>literally "lel u mad"
Go back to your home
>>>/r9k/
>>>/b/
>>>/yourownasshole/
>>
>>54373323
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>54373323
>>>/notdiscordbecauseyougotyourwhinyassbanned/
>>
>>54373323
Nigga, why are you so mad right now? It's just a random shitposter. Calm down, son.
>>
>>54373333
Quads confirm
>>
File: aedisian+warlord.pdf (748KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
aedisian+warlord.pdf
748KB, 1x1px
I'm trying to homebrew a port of 4e Warlord into Pathfinder. However, I'm not sure if my current approach is retarded or not.
I wrote up the class chassis so far and a small subset of the options as a proof of concept before I commit fully to writing up all the options.
Would anyone mind telling me how dumb or not it is?
>>
>>54373313
>If you don't follow thread names, why are you so mad when called one?
Because nothing makes me angrier than idiots who hide be behind thier shitty discord memes to justify being luddites.

And again, who the fuck is Startoad even? What does this namefag you keep mentioning even do?
>>
>>54373377
>What does this namefag you keep mentioning even do?
Apparently, it triggers the shit out of you, Startoad.
>>
>>54373377
>luddites

what are you on about rofl
>>
>>54373377
has bad ideas and gets mad when people call them shit
>>
>>54373316
From top to bottom:
7: Everything except the party is anime, including party's actions and methods
4: One guy has anime art, nothing else
4: Same as above
>>
>>54373356
I'm mad because even though he's a shitposter, he represents everything that's wrong with /pfg/, and to some extent all of /tg/, right now

Also, I'm tired of people confusing me for some namefag, forst it was Kawase, now its Startoad, and I'm tired of people accusing me of being assholes I don't even know!

>>54373409
I'm not opposed to criticism, hell, I make a lot of homebrews that I post to here all the time, and I almost always make corrections based upon comments and criticisms, and have even scrapped whole projects before. But people going "I hate it because its autism" is not valid criticism, especailly when their only other complaint isn't the actual idea, but because i'd be "too much to bother learning"

>>54373403
kill yourself, you do the world a favor removing your stain from the genetic pool
>>
>>54373459
Give yourself a name so I can fucking filter you then
>>
>>54373459
But your system is shitty because its basically trying to poorly glue another system ontop of pathfinder

Just make your own fucking system at that point, nobody is going to use a homebrew that complicated, PoW is used because its basically just spells for fighters
>>
>>54373475
No, because names are cancer, and I"m not a retarded shit like Buildposter is.
>>
>>54373316
Here's a better question. How do I make my game more anime?
>>
>>54373509
You're worse than Buildposter, Kawase, and Startoad right now with the spergy way you're acting anon
>>
lets swap topics, how is WotR going?
>>
>>54373508
So trying to cut out and gut the base system and replace it with something that actually makes martials cool and puts in the better parts of PoW without the math mess is "gluing on"? Excuse me, it seems the english language changed over night while I was asleep.
>>
>>54373522
Two words:
Beach
Episode
>>
>>54373569
Yes, its literally gluing it on, stichting it on, stapling it together, its like taking two completely different systems and trying to mash them together.

Your system is not like Path of War, which works within the established paradigm of how pathfinder combat works, but is rather an entirely new system, and I can only assume that you're stapling it to pathfinder instead of creating your own fucking system because you're a fucking hack
>>
>>54373459
Okay, you want feedback, Startoad?

I don't like it. I don't think you need to even do this kind of thing. Reworking the action economy of Pathfinder is tantamount to designing a whole new system, and would better be served in the Homebrew General and not here. Your idea is overcomplicated and predicated on the idea that PoW's faults are worse than it's good points. Most of the thread doesn't mind using PoW, despite knowing what flaws it has. They generally like it because it makes martials something more than "charge/5ft-step and full attack". The benefit of PoW, Psionics, SoP, and all the other good subsystems is that they use the base of Pathfinder and don't modify the core system, merely adding on to it.

If people that play pathfinder liked the idea of changing that core system, everyone would have been fine with moving to 4e and later 5e after 3.5e support dropped. Here's the important part: We didn't. The majority of PF players /like/ the 3.5 system, and that's why we are here. Changing that is rejecting one of the primary bases of the community here.
>>
>>54373560
Which one?
>>
>>54373617
tuvarkz
>>
>>54373616
Fucking THIS
>>
>>54373579
My groups equivalent to a 'beach episode' was promptly followed by the BBEG's lieutenant managing to psychicly bend his way into the hearts and memories of my Inquisitors friends, family, the local government, and 3 of the other 4 party members that weren't me. (Yay will save fails...)

She brought him down in the town square in front of a crowd, her family, and a few city guard. Though she managed to convince the party she did the right thing, they had to escape the city or she would be hanged (and the party jailed for harboring a murderer). No one in the party had strong enough magic or skills to overcome the brainwashing anyways...

Shame that campaign never managed to come to it's conclusion. DM ended up moving out of state and even when we tried to do the campaign online he never had time for it.
>>
>>54373316
>4 - Not too anime most of the time, but has enough comfy SoL stuff mentioned in passing between action segments that there's some, it might jump up to a 6-7 soon depending on how crazy our casters go though
>8 - Pretty sure half the time people are calling out attacks, or at least yelling shit, so I'd call it pretty fucking anime already
>??? - Not even sure what the chargen allows yet, determining anime levels impossible I predict at least a 6
>>
>>54373590
I never said I wasn't a hack. Hell, nearly all my previous homebrew work has been nothing but converting pre-existig classes and options to new systems, like making Initiator archetypes for Bloodrager and Cavalier and such, remaking the Armorist to not be shit, and such. Honestly the only "original" homebrew I've ever made was a race of deer people, and that was purely on request from another anon.

>>54373616
Now that's better, actual feedback and criticism. and while I disagree with your assumption as to why people like PF (since most people, myself included, mostly just like it because it has a shit-ton of chargen options and customization) I can see the validity in not wanting to make something too different and calling it the same name even if that mindset is retarded, and is the reasons why 4E was killed by retarded grognards. As such I shall concede to the points you've actually taken the time to make and articulate, and drop the subject and refrain from bringing it back up here on /pfg//pgg/ ever again. Perhaps I'll just work on it from time to time, and keep t with my home group of friends, since we're already trying to experiment with new systems right now.
>>
>>54373522
1) Episodic / session based quests with resolutions and cliffhangers
2) Player character focused scenes
3) Use of background music at the table
4) Relatively straightforward plots; if villain's methods seem convoluted or complex, the underlying simplicity will be revealed later.
5) Balance of humor and seriousness, to degrees depending on what anime you would like to emulate.
>>
>>54373745
what games are they anon they sound fun :O
>>
>>54373788
>Everyone's feedback was basically what that guy said but now you're not sperging out because it was explained to you very slowly

Ah, I guess you're retarded
>>
>>54373267
>Savage rapes going on in /pfg/ campaigns

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>54373813
And you're a shitposter, so I guess that makes us even
>>
>>54373835
Nah, they called you out on your actions.
You're not even using the word right
>>
>>54373579
Beach Episode, check. Anything else major that I'm missing out on?
>>
>>54373320
You shouldn't stress so much. People seem to like you.
>>
>>54374106
It's just part of my personality, I dunno.
>>
>>54373722
Dude... you got Tsukishima'd. No one deserves that. Your DM must've been a real dick.
>>
>>54374092
Filler of a bad guy long gone coming back and not being anymore a menace he used to be, episode of teasing about something major, but nothing happening and an over the top american character making an appearance for a single session never to be heard again.
>>
>>54373825
There are like...three literal rape campaigns and at least half a dozen Pro-Lewd games that could easily involve or might've already featured savage rapes.
>>
>>54374213
you're exaggerating savage rape anon
>>
>>54374092
Entire season devoted to a couple who miiiight get together, but then again might not, and at the very end all they do to express their love is a passionate kiss.
>>
>>54374123
Just keep on keeping on, and everything will turn out alright.
>>
File: Can't_Run_From_America.png (168KB, 528x335px) Image search: [Google]
Can't_Run_From_America.png
168KB, 528x335px
>>54374159
>>
>>54373316
6. One character's family is incredibly anime, we had a 1v1 between 2 Half-Giants trading blows for massive damage, the dexfag's attacks are too fast for most people to see, our caster is a hikki, and we had a beach episode before going to get our chakras unlocked. The main story and the world is pretty grounded, though.
>>
File: Kitsune.png (296KB, 607x456px) Image search: [Google]
Kitsune.png
296KB, 607x456px
What flavour of Kitsune do you prefer, /pfg/? The ones that can transform into a half-fox (such as pictured) or the Tian-Xie pathfinder kind?
>>
>>54374398
all kitsune are thots
>>
>>54374213
Honestly, that's the thing I always hate the most about "lewd." GMs running lewd games almost always fail to account for the fundamental tonal shift. Suddenly every combat becomes not just "Will we need to retreat and heal if someone goes down," but "Are we all going to get raped"?

Not to mention how GMs keep going "oh bee-tee-dubs, you got pantsed and everyone saw your donger lawl" in the middle of a pitched battle where we're all supposed to be fighting nightmarish beasts.

Every social interaction with an NPC becomes "Is the GM going to rape this person later? Every IC romance suddenly hinges on whether your GM decides it'd be funny to have a fat eyeless old dude rape your love interest.
>>
>>54374415
BEGONE THOT
>>
>>54374360
I don't know what that image is from, or a reference to.

But I want to know!
>>
>>54374415

Even this one?
>>
>>54374446
WHAT ABOUT 'ALL' DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
>>
>>54374398
Pathfinder kind. I'm not a fan of kemonomimi, since I've not run into it in a game where it wasn't a lewd or moe thing.
>>
>>54374444
KanKolle. That's an American ship. In a game filled with Japanese ships. Pretty sure that is also supposed to be a ship that took down another ship that is also in the game.
>>
>>54374474
Why is an American girl portrayed as blonde and cute when the average American girl is brown and doughy?
>>
>>54374546
Because it's a game that has nothing but cute girls as a selling point and because it's japanese.
>>
>>54374546
Have you seen how all of the Japanese girls in the game are presented?
>>
>>54374546
because the stereotype of americans is still blonde bombshell texans
>>
>>54374581
Kongou best girl and I will mock anyone who says otherwise.
>>
File: PF Kitsune 01.jpg (114KB, 687x716px) Image search: [Google]
PF Kitsune 01.jpg
114KB, 687x716px
>>54374398
All kinds of kitsune are full of their own brand of shit, but since I have already confirmed that my taste is extremely shitty I find myself enjoying most versions (mainly the "standard pathfinder" and "bloodforge yokai" versions) of them. So long as they aren't commissioned by Augunas.
>>
>>54374607
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wucuqR5ceVQ
>>
>>54374546
It's an artifact of Japan's globalization after the end of WWII and how insular it was before then. Foreigners CAN have all these different colors of hair unlike you and everyone you know, so by golly if you're gonna draw some up, they must.
>>
Could a Chosen One paladin potentially have an evil god be their patron, merely pretending to be some good deity, aiding them for said god's own ends?

Like a fiend pushing the paladin to kill fiends to fuck with his competition.
>>
>>54374785
americans are like, always blonde in japanese media, especially american women
>>
>>54374790
No.
>>
Is smoking a thing in Pathfinder?
>>
>>54374798
So? America used to have blondes, and Japan is used to black hair all day every day. They like the exotic coloration.
>>
>>54374811
You mean tobacco? Yes.
>>
>>54373316
Assuming 1 is anti-anime and 10 is MAXIMUM OVER-anime, I'd say it's at a 6 right now. Just slightly anime. But I expect it to become more anime as the campaign continues, and it's gonna end at a 10 if everything goes as planned.

>>54373560
>>54373617
Are there three now or still only two?

>>54374426
Wow, sorry you've had such shit experiences with lewd campaigns but with the handful I've been in I don't think I've ever seen either of your latter points come up. The first one is sorta valid, but still not something that is an inherent problem in my experience. It sounds like the real problem you have has is that you're playing in groups where not everybody is on the same page about what to expect... And that can be a problem in normal games too.
>>
>>54374811
Absolutely, tobacco and marijuana and a fantasy drug called Pesh are all used.
>>
>>54374862
>>54374834
Does tobacco come in the form of cigarettes?
>>
>>54374807
Any reason other than your own personal unwillingness?

Maybe an oath against chaos paladin being manipulated by a devil to get rid of some dirty demons.
>>
>>54374897
because paladins are always LG and their god must be within 1 step
>>
>>54374790
>>54374897

How would a fiend or evil god give someone holy powers?
>>
>>54374925
fuck off JJ
>>
>>54374790
That's a Talk to Your GM thing no matter what else, so talk to your GM. It has potential to be interesting and it sounds interesting to me AS a GM, but don't be surprised if it's a hard No, because it really is a thing that they should be involved in as part of that character's story and some aren't looking for extra things to do.
>>
>>54374925
A chosen one might not even know who their deity is, kind of like an oracle.

>>54374938
I thought about that, it's why I mentioned oath against chaos to somewhat assuage that concern

>>54374971
I thought as much, thanks
>>
>>54374398
I liked the ones in Pom Poko, so I guess more like the Pathfinder kind.
>>
>>54374398
Kemomomini, furry players are traditionally creepy and I've yet to be proved wrong on the matter.
>>
Question about blackblades (bladebound achetype)
Do they work like familiars in reference to skills? do they use the highest of the owner or themselves? what kind of senses do they have? which distance can they sense/see/hear?
>>
>>54374893
Yes, cigars too.
>>
>>54374942
i don't make the rules, JJ does

>>54374986
a paladin must be within 1 step of their deity, regardless of if they know of who that deity is
>>
hey anyone here going to gencon?
>>
File: zhongfeng-lee- (1).jpg (383KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
zhongfeng-lee- (1).jpg
383KB, 1920x1920px
If a Contender Brawler uses Martial Flexibility to learn Advanced Study, do they automatically get to use the manuevers gained or would they still need to prepare them?
>>
>>54375547
I'd say you would need to prepare them.
>>
>>54372504
That's pretty fucked up anon
Let me guess, rape in your games is rampant
>>
File: 1497968508503.jpg (269KB, 403x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497968508503.jpg
269KB, 403x600px
Recommend me feats for a casting focused cleric.
>>
>>54375833
Improved Initiative
>>
>>54375833
Combat Casting
>>
>>54375730

I figured that was the case but I wanted to be sure.
>>
>>54373628
Terribly, there's already one player talking about leaving due to infighting.
>>
>>54376035
go on
>>
File: 1357678844376.jpg (30KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1357678844376.jpg
30KB, 390x470px
>>54375833
Arcane Strike into Riving Str- oh wait, you're one of those silly clerics, aren't you? Haha, my bad... Why don't you pick up Spell Penetration or Ability Focus: Channel Positive Energy? It seems I need better reaction images, apparently I don't have any laughing Wizards. Also for more serious suggestions, Deific Obedience could be good depending on your god. Spell Focus might be good, and the feats that have Spell Focus as a prereq also could be be good- depends on the kind of spells you expect to be using the most. Metamagic is always relevant for full casters, but I assume you've already looked over those feats. Also, don't pick up Combat Casting. Nobody ever really needs Combat Casting.
>>
File: 1497649448156.jpg (314KB, 797x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497649448156.jpg
314KB, 797x1200px
>>54375844
>>54375860
Thanks senpai
>>
>>54376057
Baby Magi need Combat Casting.
>>
>>54376035
That's disappointing to hear, though I have my opinions on Tuvarkz's handling of the campaign, I really did want to see it go off without a hitch.
>>
>>54376073
Actually I find extra traits (+2 ini, +2 concentration) to be better
>>
File: e6f.jpg (374KB, 544x600px) Image search: [Google]
e6f.jpg
374KB, 544x600px
Anyone know how good wordcasting is?
Thinking of trying it out, but the rules seem a bit confusing so if I'm gonna take the time I'd like to know if its actually even comparable to regular spells.
>>
File: Wizards.jpg (53KB, 640x516px) Image search: [Google]
Wizards.jpg
53KB, 640x516px
>>54376057
Here you go fampai
>>
>>54376098
pure garbage
>>
>>54376098
It's much weaker than normal vancian casting, but it has a bit more versatility.
Which makes it better imo
>>
>>54372442
Childhood friend go raped, while he was obliviously in another room. Went full rip and tear through an entire dungeon.
>>
Iron Gods app status? Who is best waifu?

Who's a slut?
>>
>>54375258
I am, it's gonna be baller.
>>
>>54376141
Cynn

Anka
>>
>>54375191
bumpo?
>>
>>54376141
Anka and Anka, broken girls are my weakness.
>>
>>54376141
Everybody is a slut, /pfg/ can't write good anything, celeb self shills, power game babies and it's probably a bamboozle.

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>54376050
Over the weekend a playful discussion about self-shilling turned really heated and now one player is straight up threatening to just not show up to session 1 unless the "offending party" apologizes to her.

>>54376081
You're telling me. I was really looking forward to this.
>>
>>54376184
what a ride
>>
>>54376179
its at least 33% a bamboozle
>>
hey tg, how bad do you think paizo is going to fuck up the shapeshifter class in ultimate wilderness?
worse than the metamorph? almost playable?
i fucking love shapeshifting, and some of the archetypes vaguely hinted at by the developers/freelancers/whatever in the paizo thread (SLIME) sound pretty nifty
but, ya know
paizo
so i need my expectations lowered before i throw away money
>>
>>54376260
it won't be as fun or as versatile a shapeshifter as the SoP shifter
>>
>>54376260
>so i need my expectations lowered before i throw away money
Just wait for the leak, anon. Don't throw your dollars until you know it's an alright product.
>>
>>54376260
Remember the Harrow Medium?
It's probably going to be that, just reskinned with the spirits as animal aspects.
>>
>>54376270
hah!
jokes on you
i've never played using SoP
your soul-crushing capabilities are weak
>>
>>54376141

Can you just outright self shill yourself? You post this every day multiple times. No one ever gives different answers.
>>
>>54376260
>>54376290
Yeah, throwing away money is MY thing, don't steal it!
>>
>>54376184

That's weird to hear because I am in the group and have not heard of any of this.
>>
File: TinfoilAl.jpg (40KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
TinfoilAl.jpg
40KB, 350x347px
>>54376260
>>54376270
It's just going to be a ranger, but all the features besides 4th level casting will be stripped out and replaced with Wildshape with only half the uses.
>>
>>54376303
Honestly i'd prefer if people jsut selfshilled
>>
>>54376341
wildshape ranger was pretty fun in 3.5
>>
>>54376344
I think Rory is cute.
>>
>>54376370
kill yourself
>>
>>54376370
I think the only people who think that don't know him that well.
>>
>>54376303
Don't you get it, anon? They are outright self shilling. If they were fishing for an answer other than Anka or Elrana they'd wait 15 minutes or so and then post something like "Anka and Elrana for sure, but Fenny is really cute too!"
>>
>>54376292
nah
medium is/was godawful
but my obsessive collection of every mention of mechanics i could find in the paizo thread lead me to believe it will not be that bad
>>54376341
noooo
>>
>>54376357
3.5 had lots of good shit that weren't translated at all, many of them would make most PHB martials reach tier3, but no, we can't have that.
>>
>>54376397
nice subtle elrana shill
>>
>>54376303
I'm actually not playing in IG. I just like reading green texts about cute girls.
>>
>>54376397
I'd guess it's probably Elrana's player, she has self-shilled pretty damn hard for the last few games she has app'd for. She's just getting better and more subtle now.
>>
>>54376447
The elrana shilling is definitely happening.

I despise the character too, because the time traveler shit is not clever or cool
>>
>>54376447
Who's the greatest self-shiller?
>>
>>54374398
Here's a better question. Where are Kitsune in starfinder? Are we going to run into a pseudo-tian xia colony somewhere? Energy Katana and Space Ninja all up in it?
>>
>>54376478

Rory
>>
>>54376357
Yeah but 3.5 Ranger also got to put on 1-5th level casting at fullcaster advancement rate until level 10, could choose "all arcane casters" as a favored enemy, have spell reflection instead of evasion, and could also cast Wizard spells out of its slots for a feat.

A LOT of things combined to make Ranger a fun class in 3.5 that we just don't have. It's a dull piece of shit to play.
>>
Does Carrion Crown have any good waifus/husbandos? A cute ghost, perhaps?
>>
>>54376518
There's an okay ghost, a passable bereaved heiress, and a pretty cute brainwashed deep one rape-slave
>>
>>54376390
Rory is just a stupid kid, nothing malicious going on there.
>>
>>54376512
Dude, the fuck are you talking about? Ranger now are deft skirmishers, either in melee or at range, capable of skillfully dancing in and out of battle.
>>
>>54376469
>Mashallah characters are always poorly written special snowflakes, but they're always discussed in the general at length by people who "just like the app"
:thinking:

>>54376478
That depends, if you mean greatest by way of volume that's Rory (with Halae being a close runner up). If you mean greatest by way of effectiveness, I'd give that to one of the celebs that tends to fly under the radar. Somebody like Sappy or RgPl.
>>
>>54376553
>Sappy or RgPl
Or Sleep before he went all-out on Blingmaker and ruined the element of surprise.
>>
>>54376547
I know you're just shitposting, but I kind of want to hurt you
>>
>>54376535
>>54376518
You're forgetting the best waifu of all.

The Professor's bespectacled daughter, Kendra.
>>
>>54376547
Why do you wound me with these words
>>
>>54376535
Those sound interesting, but are they all waifus or is the ghost a husbando? I'm wondering now if it's the ghost of Prof. Lorrimor but I don't want to potentially spoil that for myself.

>>54376602
Is that not the heiress he mentioned? I assumed he was talking about some family he had.
>>
>>54376575
Or Disk before he decided to tell everybody he was the reviewanon.
>>
>>54376615
Maybe? She's adorable and the owner of a swanky Ustalavic mansion.
>>
>>54376490
Tian are canon since we have Gay Communist Space Ameiko.
>>
>>54376621
I'm sure Slow's done something, but I can't quite pin a specific instance of explicit shilling.
>>
>>54376703
Slow was typefucking in the thread with IKiD throughout the entirety of the lead up to Blingmaker.
>>
File: 20c07b7331c0f91d7b55f930021eb2fb.jpg (535KB, 1102x711px) Image search: [Google]
20c07b7331c0f91d7b55f930021eb2fb.jpg
535KB, 1102x711px
>>54376490

I'm kind of wondering if Absalom station will have different areas that have some cultural ties to the old Golarian countires
>>
>>54376547
if this is a joke I don't get it
>>
>>54376670
Either way, it sounds promising. A big, spoopy Ustalavic mansion (presumably based on the style of Transylvania/Romania mansions, whatever that's called) would be cool. I actually really dig Ustalav in general, it's been one of my favorite nations in Golarion ever since I read Rule of Fear to learn more about the nation my first PC's waifu came from.
>>
>>54376703
Slow would not be a name if it weren't for self-shilling.
>>
>>54376757
It's the PF description of the Ranger.
>>
>>54376760
A political intrigue set in Ustalav would be fun.
>>
>>54376757
Is the ranger's description that doesn't fit reality because Rangers neither have Acrobatics to not provoke AoO whent he move in and out of combat, neither have Perform (dance).
>>
File: neska.png (344KB, 316x561px) Image search: [Google]
neska.png
344KB, 316x561px
>>54376841
Yeah! It's got a bunch of interesting counties, lots of atmosphere and theme, and nobles/important figures ranging in style and goals as much as this fellow here, pretty much an iconic representation of the stern-faced, no-nonsense nobleman...
>>
>>54376841
There's already a big Intrigue campaign going up though, so I doubt we'll see another very soon.
>>
File: Muralt.png (252KB, 218x543px) Image search: [Google]
Muralt.png
252KB, 218x543px
>>54376934
... to this guy, a literally crazy fucking noble who wanders around with a head in a jar that gives him orders!
>>
Is it just me or do games that get less than 30 apps not even form a party you'd want to play with? The ones that want six players especially.
>>
>>54376954
>>54376934
Anon please, you're just making me regret the lack of intrigue campaigns around here featuring nobles and the aristocracy.
>>
>>54376862
Why the fuck are there even melee classes without Acrobatics? Why were their decisions on who gets to keep merged skills so fucked up?

Acrobatics is a merge of Balance, Jump and Tumble.

Barbarian had only Jump, got Acrobatics in PF.
Fighter had only Jump, did not get Acrobatics in PF
Ranger had only Jump, did not get Acrobatics in PF

So the ones that are supposed to be skill and nimbleness over brute force did not get it and also lost their jumping prowess for no exchange, and the bipedal rhino kept it and is now more able to dodge, roll and flip around a fight than they are.
>>
File: 1499873273010.gif (244KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499873273010.gif
244KB, 300x300px
What is the easiest way to learn Pathfinder?
>>
in case anyone is half as autistic as i am, here's what info i could actually find on the shifter
https://pastebin.com/Z5rA5CSp
paizo isn't the most reliable of sources, but the stand out points are
-the base shifter is martial, and has no spellcasting (presumably full bab)
-the base shifter gets claws at first level, and some sort of shapeshifting mechanic at higher levels
whether it's got a limited use is unknown
-there's a shfiter archetype based around turning into an ooze, or possibly trying to stop being an ooze, so there'll be mechanical support for your slime waifus
>>
>>54377043
Even if Ranger had acrobatics you can't use them to move through threatened squares if you have medium or heavy armor...which is what Ranger uses, same for Barb and Fighter. Is a skill called fuck martials as much as you can perfected by Paizo devs through the years
>>
>>54377060
Experience is the best teacher. Find some low to mid level module ran by a friend or a group of likeminded morons and learn with everybody else.

Otherwise put aside all your work and get reading those books.
>>
File: all i can do.png (87KB, 403x500px) Image search: [Google]
all i can do.png
87KB, 403x500px
>>54377060
don't
>>
>>54377078
>another class that will have no synergy with shapeshifting races
>>
>>54376982
Kinda? Iron Gods and Carnal Crown don't have tons of apps and have about 2 weeks each left for new apps. There are a handful of good apps in Iron Gods (you can debate which ones are good but I think it's hard to say there are no good ones) but probably not enough to form a full party out of, especially when schedule restrictions are considered. Carnal Crown is even worse off in this regard, with only 10 apps and half as many of them either being jokes or WIPs. I would honestly like to see more quality apps because I love discussing apps for various games in more depth than who has the hottest art and you need to have a decent amount of good apps to keep that kind of discussion going.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like /pfg/ games aren't getting as many apps as they use to. Like, PLD, Blingmaker, and Overlewd all got tons of apps, and even some of the smaller games of that era like LoBaF and WWW did alright in terms of apps, right? The newest crop of games just seem anemic in terms of applicant number in comparison. Is it because more people in games means fewer people can join more games? Or have the games just gotten less interesting/appealing? Or am I just imagining things?
>>
>>54377060
Play a Slayer in a standard campaign, and I recommend the Slayer because it's without a doubt the most user-friendly yet informative class in the system.
>>
>>54377060
if you're in a bigger city and have an flgs that ahs it running, pathfinder society is a passable way to learn the absolute basics with no real challenge, although you run the risk of having to interact with total morons

there's a bunch of tutorials online if you don't want to leave your mother's basement

you could also try just reading them
>>
>>54377118

Games these days get a lot less for sure. Partly because DM's blow their load and put them up too early.
>>
god I just wanna be a musclegirl and smash faces
>>
>>54377135
Put them up too early? Do you mean close the app process too early, because I don't see how they could post their LFG "too early". Nobody knows about the game before they post it, rare cases where someone is inspired by an idea in the thread and we all know those games never actually work out, don't we?
>>
>>54377078
also,
>However, the reason they decided against shapeshifting at game start was simple. New players. They want all classes to be relatively easy for a brand new player to sit down and play a level 1 version, and any form of wild shape at level 1 will confuse things dramatically. Thus they tried to give a few options for the flavor of shapeshifting, while giving the players some time to get used to the class and system.
>They want all classes to be relatively easy for a brand new player to sit down and play a level 1 version
>easy for a brand new player to sit down and play a level 1 version
insert appropriate laughing gif here
>>
Are Psions the go-to as the most simple type of caster for a new player to instantly 'get'? Learn powers, no book, you just know them, pick 2 every level and not a lookup table of knowns, you use an MP system, go.
>>
>>54377118

I wish games got more male apps. Personally I really hate playing in all female character parties because they end up way too quirky. I suppose it's tough because male apps tend to get picked less. But I feel like that's because they generally are not very good. Lately I considering making male characters but I find how slutty the PFG female apps are to be totally disgusting.
>>
>>54377118
A little bit of both. A lot of the games put forth aren't interesting. And I'd say most people who apply to this shit have either gotten into something or have gotten discouraged to the point they don't try at all.
>>
>>54377167

No, I mean they blow their load too early as in they don't wait for other games to finish recruiting. Blingmaker and Overlewd were some of the only ones recruiting at the time, now there are constantly 4~6 games recruiting. It spreads attention too thin.
>>
>>54377118
People who want games and are good at making apps are already in a game. That leaves either the people too thirsty to quit and the people who don't want to deal with the app circus.
>>
>>54377189
>>54377183
Pretty much.
> But I feel like that's because they generally are not very good.
I disagree with this unless you want to go into why you don't think their not very good. In my opinion it's just that /pfg/ is only interested in one archetype of male character.
>>
>>54377183
as you said, as long as they've played anything with any sort of mana equivalent before, they should be fine. (back in 3.5) i played with a total idiot who didn't really understand a lot of basic parts of the game, but eh functioned pretty fine with a psion
>>
>>54377155
Why can't you do this?
>>
>>54377183
Spherecasters are roughly as simple once you get over the tradition bumps.

The problem with psions is the chance of players picking bad Powers and getting stuck with them. NEVER underestimate new players' ability to pick the one trap option in a sea of good options.

If you count Avowed as a type of caster I'd honestly say it's the best new player class. Your pulse damage dice increase no matter what, so you can always contribute in combat.
>>
>>54377239

I think it's pretty easy to say they are not very good because people freak out over Captain Slow who just executes very well known tropes. So to me it's pretty clear that the issue is not the idea of male characters, it's the execution.
>>
>>54377189
>Personally I really hate playing in all female character parties because they end up way too quirky.

Does quirky really have to do with being female?
Do you want more male apps or do you just want more normal apps?
>>
>>54377251
I am but I wanna play more musclegirls.
>>
>>54377189
You should make a few male apps, anon! Don't let these games become a basket of clams.
>>
>>54377189
I agree with the lack of male apps creating a notable disconnect in many parties. A more or less even split is usually easiest to work with. Now the main issue I have with male characters (they're a fucking pain to find decent art for, and thus harder to get inspired to make good) is probably something others share as well; and in a crowd that's so visual as /pfg/ is, that's a major downside.
>>
>>54377257

I find the latest version of Avowed's pulse dice to be extremely pathetic.
>>
>>54377118
All the people who write quality apps are in games, as are all the celebrities. Without the constant self-shilling from the celebs less thread people are getting involved. The lower number of applicants means other "push" factors like writefags, drawfags, and reviewanons are non-existent, which in-turn leads to lower applications.

Pretty basic.
>>
>>54377262
Do you want to rephrase that? Cause that doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>54377282

Female apps get art carried way more so their players tend to be worse on average.
>>
>>54377189
Jokes about meme stock markets aside, I think female apps really do tend to get picked more than male apps. Now, I'm not especially interested in yet another discussion about why that is, but it definitely is a thing and when people see that, they're going to think, "Well gee, if I want to get into ___ I better make a girl. I'll be less likely to get picked with a guy."

>>54377200
>>54377214
That's definitely going on too. It leaves me disappointed, because like I said I enjoy discussing apps when there's worthwhile discussion to be had, but it was inevitable that we would eventually reach this point.

Even if you always thought the app game and character discussion and reviews and all that stuff were cancer, I feel you almost have to admit that it's worse now than it use to be and a lack of numerous quality apps has a lot to do with that IMHO.

>>54377207
Okay, I see what you mean. Yeah, that's a good point. It really suggests that /pfg/ as a whole is just struggling with game fatigue now, and considering how long we've had new games coming non-stop down the pipe that's not surprising.
>>
>>54377305
I wish there were more writefags and drawfags around here.
>>
>>54377287
Still better consistent damage than a wizard who picked Magic Missile and Burning Hands, or a Psion whose only damaging power is mind-affecting in an undead tomb.

Hell, probably still better than the sword and board fighter who takes Spring Attack and Vital Strike.
>>
>>54377285

I just have very little interested in banging thirsty PFG sluts and that feels like a spot that could be saved for someone who was into that.
>>
>>54377334
Okay. Give me two characters and an overview of the scenario.
>>
>>54377319
>"Well gee, if I want to get into ___ I better make a girl. I'll be less likely to get picked with a guy."

I hate the "only female characters from /pfg/ are good" meme because the girls are the same quality, they just have nicer art
>>
>>54377366
Rorymei and Aranha, one of those bench swings, a sunset.
>>
>>54377214
I'm definitely done with the app circus, though I don't know how great my characters have been.
>>
>>54377388
Tell me about them as characters. Send pics.
>>
>>54377388
"Maaaaan it feels good to be a faggot" says Rory
"Yes" says Aranha
Then both of their players burst into flames and became ash in the matter of seconds, ridding the world of a cancer.
The end.
>>
>>54377354
>Thirsty pfg sluts

There's a serious madonna/whore complex going on with these apps. If the girl isn't a pillow-biting sword-swallower, she's either completely non-sexual or explicitly pure.
>>
>>54377424
Wrong Rory, you're thinking of Rory the dog.

Rorymei is the trap salamander boy.
>>
>>54377404

The app circus definitely sucks. I've had some fun making characters but the extended app periods make the waiting cause me some undue anxiety. All the polls and self-shilling and celeb meme'ing also makes it feel really difficult if you're not engaging in that stuff.
>>
There's definitely a place for a cute boy character in every party. Like in a wholesome family friendly way. You need to look after that boy and that's a universally fun party dynamic.
>>
>>54377432
>Rorymei
What kinda of fucking name is that?
>>
>>54377451
A shitty name.
>>
>>54377426

There have been a lot of lewd games lately, even if they're not lewd in concept they explicitly lay out the groundwork for shipping and ERP.
>>
>>54377438
It's particularly rough when people start calling apps "NPC"s and such. Nothing feels more dismissive of all the work that people put into apps than being called an NPC.
>>
>>54377492
I feel like that was unique to Ensoulment.
>>
>>54377492
I mean... that was just an Ensoulment thing, where PCs who didn't get in could be NPCs.
>>
>>54377508

Overlewd had it too, but that was because the chargen allowed for some off the wall stuff.
>>
anything decent in aquatic adventures

anything that would be worth taking over normal stuff if you were in an all aquatic all the time campaign?
>>
I'm kind glad this app shit is entering it's death throes in earnest now.
>>
>>54377305
So, do you think that reviewanons doing their work on a campaign gives it an extra push that can help it recruit more apps?

I don't see writefags and drawfags helping to drum up interest as much though, since during the app process they're only going to be writing/drawing about their own character. Scenes of multiple apps only come when they stop being apps and start being PCs, although I wouldn't mind seeing more writing pieces from apps (solo pieces or group pieces, but hopefully stuff with actual substance about the character instead of just ERP or comfy).

>>54377308
I can't deny that some apps might have been art carried, but I think it could also be that with fewer good players left as time goes on (good players getting recruited into earlier games) worse players make up a larger portion of the total pool of applicants so an increasing number of apps are carried by their art

Not that I'm disagreeing, but I'm just saying there could be a reason that it happens.

>>54377354
This feels like the same sort of logic that leads to people not voting because they think one vote doesn't matter. If nobody who wants to play something other than a thirsty /pfg/ slut applies because they don't want to play with thirst /pfg/ sluts, then of course games will only have thirsty /pfg/ sluts.

>>54377426
>>54377485
I wonder how well an expressly non-lewd game could do.
>>
File: Never Ever.jpg (292KB, 774x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Never Ever.jpg
292KB, 774x1025px
>>54377492
Stop talking about meme games and go to bed
>>
>>54377538
>I wonder how well an expressly non-lewd game could do.

To be perfectly honest, if we had replaced "lewd" with "touches on adult content but it's not the focus" I feel like games would at bare minimum SOUND less trashy at first brush.
>>
>>54377538
>but I think it could also be that with fewer good players left as time goes on (good players getting recruited into earlier games) worse players make up a larger portion of the total pool of applicants
This is kinda relying on the key assumptions that only "good players" get picked up consistently.
>>
>>54377118
You disregard the possibility that the current games just aren't very interesting.
>>
>>54377538
I find it really hard to app when the most discussed characters are sluts. If I got in with them, I just know I wouldn't have fun. It's a bit self-fulfilling, true enough.
>>
>>54377538
>do you think that reviewanons doing their work on a campaign gives it an extra push that can help it recruit more apps?

It's publicity and oftentimes highlights good apps that people may want to play with it. If you look, all the biggest campaigns have had ReviewAnons attached to them.

>I wonder how well an expressly non-lewd game could do.
Ensoulment did pretty well.
>>
Give me reasons for a former mercenary, or someone educated to become one, would become an assassin.
>>
>>54377622
You're a mercenary, paid to kill people in war. The war is over, and you need a job.
>>
File: Consider the Gojira.jpg (66KB, 652x488px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the Gojira.jpg
66KB, 652x488px
>>54377586
It's not about whether the players are good, it's about whether they make interesting APPZ APPZ APPZ
>>
>>54377586

Having played in multiple PFG games now I can confirm many of the celebs are shit. Most players do not even know the rules. And I mean this in a very basic way. Many have extremely poor etiquette in R20 (Excessive turn length, being unprepared) and out of game they have exceptionally poor social skills (Blogging in game discords). Out of the twenty or so players I've interacted with I would rank four of them as being people I would invite to a game.
>>
>>54377548
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54377570
I think "touches on adult content but it's not the focus" is what most ERP games SHOULD be anyway. It's a kind of game where everything is played straight for the most part, people aren't going out of their way for lewdness, and if people want to do lewd things they can take it to PMs between sessions.

>>54377586
Well, they don't have to be the ONLY people to get in. They just have to get in more than any other group of people, and if that happens it's just a matter of time before they make up a tiny amount of the people looking for games.

>>54377591
That's literally the second-to-last possibility I mention.

>>54377658
Makes me feel lucky that I like all of the people I play with, then.
>>
>>54377611

Agreed, all the shilling for Kawase's apps scared me off Ensoulment completely, just on the idea of having to play with that guy.

Just look at Iron Gods, daily shilling for Cynn and Anka. Not interested in being in a party with either of them, totally killed my enthusiasm for that game.
>>
>>54377681
>"touches on adult content but it's not the focus"

Pretty accurately describes all the /pfg/ games I'm playing in.
>>
>>54377681
>That's literally the second-to-last possibility I mention.
Is this a new crop of DMs? Or are the old ones failing currently?
>>
File: 1495386022941.jpg (246KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495386022941.jpg
246KB, 500x500px
>>54377658
>Blogging in game discords

There is literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>54377681
>They just have to get in more than any other group of people,
I disagree with this point though. Since getting in a lot doesn't really mean your a good player.
>>
>>54377747

I joined to play a game, not hear about your mental health issues that make your fetishes apparent as being part of childhood sexual trauma.
>>
>>54377715
funnily enough, it even describes PLD.

It's been what, four sessions since anything unbecoming has happened? It's literally a dungeon dive and mystery solving.
>>
>>54377717
The old ones still have their old games, as far as I can tell. I haven't noticed them making new games, so maybe it's the new DMs. But I don't think the lack of apps to new games can be pinned ENTIRELY on the games themselves being less attractive. I think it's that, combined with fewer people seeking games in general and lower quality apps leading to less interesting thread discussion leading to less interest in the games in a vicious, self-feeding cycle.
>>
>>54377788
Friendo, the premise was literally described as "Dark Souls but with Rape."

If you're gonna play that card, don't do it for a game that repeatedly posted explicit bestiality rape logs.
>>
>>54377813
Anon that's literally my point. The rape game is still more game than rape.
>>
>>54377658
Who would those four be?
>>
What should one expect about a duergar settlement? Also, I suspect that anything we loot will banish in daylight.
>>
>>54377830
And a porno usually has more foreplay than sex, doesn't change what it is, or why it exists.
>>
>>54377767
Getting in a lot doesn't mean you're a good player, but being a good player means you are likely better at getting in once. Imagine there are four groups: good players that make good apps, good players that make bad apps, bad players that make good apps, and bad players that make bad apps. Good players, out of their two groups, will tend towards "good players that make good apps" because some things that make you a good player make you a good app maker and vice versa. Bad players, out of their two groups, will tend towards "bad players that make bad apps" because some bad players are bad because they are uncreative and that will show in their apps. Thus, over time, you'll see the good players getting picked away faster than bad ones, because they will make some larger amount of good apps than bad players will. It doesn't have to be a much larger amount- even a small difference, given time, will lead to a depletion of good players from the pool of applicants.

>>54377715
>>54377788
Blingmaker hasn't had anything lewd happening according to the greentexts either, despite a lot of people pushing that the game was destined to be lewd whether the DM wanted it or not. But then, maybe those people were just wrong.
>>
>>54377847
Isn't that a thing that only certain Drow stuff does? Also, they're just evil dwarves. And dwarves are already grumpy fuckfaces about everything so they're just dwarves you can kill basically.
>>
>>54377847
Slaves, clerics and lots of crossbow ambushes if they are expecting you.

Slaves, clerics and a conga line of people kissing the current head honco's ass.
>>
>>54377878
I'm in Blingmaker, and can confirm that literally nothing sexual has happened beyond a little flirting.
>>
File: f62.jpg (955KB, 2400x3152px) Image search: [Google]
f62.jpg
955KB, 2400x3152px
I really want Majora's Mask style masks that transform my character into a fearsome beast. How do I do it, /pfg/? What sorta fearsome critters should I look forward to? Should I start small, like a wolf or bird or something, then look into more fearsome critters like chimeras or dragons?

What about monster girl masks?
>>
>>54377886

Don't the Drow buy basic stuff from them before they apply magic?
>>
>>54377912
Be a wild shaper or transmutation specialist and fluff your wild shaping/transmutation spells as putting on a mask. Just don't be surprised if you start attracting Bane jokes like a magnet.
>>
>>54377548
But it's only seven
>>
File: 1495668231070.jpg (104KB, 850x899px) Image search: [Google]
1495668231070.jpg
104KB, 850x899px
>>54377912
So Druid, except wild shape is replaced with a mask-like feature that does the same thing?

Also, Oni mask when
>>
>>54377951
But I'm already playing a bloodrager and can't refluff it that way

Can I beg my DM for it? He's a huge fan of Majora's Mask and it was discussed a LOOOOONG time back too and we both agreed it was cool so now that I can finally get my hands on them
>>
>>54377850
This holy fuck. Better example would be "just because a porno has a plot doesn't change what it is, or why it exists".

It's the difference between say Fallout and an an eroge that has substantial gameplay like Rance or Kamidori. Its the difference between an On Top of Holy Mountain and Debbie Does Dallas.
>>
>>54377976
Why are you asking US whether YOU can talk to YOUR DM? We're not your parents and he's not the creepy guy across the street how says he wants to show you the cool video game collection he has in his basement, hopefully.
>>
>>54377976
>>54377912
Play a sphere caster or ask your GM to allow and let you retrain into a Masquerade Reveler.
>>
>>54377900
Think anything will happen before Book 2?
>>
What are the potential parties looking like for Iron Gods and Dominion?
>>
Tell me /pfg/

What's the campaign you've wanted to play in but it hasn't been offered?

I want to play in a weird world, like, all the stone is above the world, all cities hang beneath it or float on the bottomless ocean, but there are monsters down there. All light comes from crystals that float up from the depths and have to get collected and tethered lest teh currents leave a city in darkness.

And then within that let the players build the plot in their backstories or something.
>>
>>54378035
>>54377900
Perhaps something already has.
After all, false-flagging is as easy as posting in the thread.
>>
>>54377975
I'm thinking

Wolf mask, Hawk mask, Oni Mask, Dragon Mask

>>54378027
first-party only, unfortunately.
>>
>>54378035
Maybe at the very end of the book, since that seems to be the trend.
>>
>>54378082
I'd be down for most anything with a decent party. Something city-based instead of big end of the world style stuff could be nice, but explaining the power levels past a certain point gets a bit absurd. I really just want to play with players that make good characters and show interest in the other characters in the party. Also characters who aren't going for the cute angle. I'm so tired of it.
>>
>>54378082
Spelljammer. Not Starfinder, Spelljammer. I want to sail across the Phlogiston with my adventuring band of warriors to worlds unseen and fight strange creatures from beyond the stars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGz5r-b1do
>>
What are some of the better first level Bard spells besides Grease? I can't find a current optimized list for Bard anywhere.
>>
So, the party is filled with lower class, bottom of the barrel with low morality folks with. There are two dwarves (a third one died), a foreign merc, a turkish healer, and a former adventurer lizard. If you were to make an elf for a party like this, what kind of elf would you pick, what would be his class, and how would you roleplay him?
>>
>>54378293
What is the campaign about and do they have a Support?

>>54378241
I get you fampire
>>
>>54378293
What level? That changes the backstory a bit. I'd probably go for former secret service operator-type. Slayer. Play him as casual and friendly when not working. He wouldn't place much value on life, and not hesitate to kill or torture, but it's work to him. A chore, like any other. He would smoke, and become nostalgic and tell stories when drunk, though as he drank more, he'd become pensive, remembering all that he has seen.
>>
>>54378082
High-powered campaign with a dash of Mythic; I want to write a hero, not just become one.
>>
>>54378498
Why mythic though?
>>
>>54378082

I want to play in a straight adventure. In a temperate European knock of setting with no Japanese characters or weapons. I want the party to be a brave front liner, a sneaky scout, a devout cleric and a scholarly wizard. I want to save a princess!
>>
>>54378424

He says that it is a sandbox, but there obviously a plot with rakshasas turning people into monsters for some reason. There's a second group that he plays with sharing the setting.
>>
>>54378473

On the lower end. It would be fair to call it a Renaissance setting.
>>
>>54378560
Why would you play a setting that PF handles fucking terribly. Go play 5e or OSR shit.
>>
>>54378597

PF handles that settling perfectly fine. Not every game needs psionic characters shooting katanas or monstergirls.
>>
>>54378424
Get me even more then: A spelljammer game where the party is entirely composed of bards in a rock band, rocking across the stars in a spelljammer powered by rock music
>>
>>54378533
Mythic makes it seem more... Legendary? It opens the door to all sorts of creatures that would otherwise be locked behind the "they'd butcher you" door.
>>
>>54378626
>PF handles that settling perfectly fine
No it does not. Those settings pretty much take away all of PF's strong points. It's like playing CRB only. Just play a different system.
>>
File: 1499866380018.gif (290KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
1499866380018.gif
290KB, 500x677px
>>54378626
>he doesn't want a catgirl gunkata master who shoots katanas instead of bullets
>>
>>54378637
I can't dig that. You have to have a balanced party to make it work!

Fighter on Drums
Bard on Vocals
Cleric on Bass
Wizard on Kazoo
>>
One thing I never got about Spelljammer campaigns is how do you deal with an entire planet worth of content without being super meta about it?
>>
File: 15270587._SY540_.jpg (57KB, 384x540px) Image search: [Google]
15270587._SY540_.jpg
57KB, 384x540px
If, after leakanon gets to dumping the Starfinder book in the thread in a few weeks, someone were to organize a sort of... Starfinder test run, where lots of players can run characters through small dungeon crawls and combat encounters, would people be interested in that? The idea isn't like a living campaign or even a campaign at all, but more like if we have a bunch of different builds run through the same challenges it would probably help us all get the hang of Starfinder and learn more about how to make good builds for it.
>>
>>54378772
Sure, you could fly anywhere on the planet, but surely you're headed for somewhere specific?

That's a fair criticism, though. I've been looking into spelljammer and it's a cool concept. I wanna give it a shot with distant worlds, but there is that "Whole planet" problem.
>>
>>54378785
Definitely something I'd be interested in.
>>
>>54378699

By the logic that another system does an aspect of PF better, no one should ever play PF.
>>
>>54378928
Not entirely, but you're desire negates what little makes 3.PF justifiable to play in the first place.
>>
File: CxyzzcDVIAEFL-H.jpg large.jpg (627KB, 1557x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CxyzzcDVIAEFL-H.jpg large.jpg
627KB, 1557x2048px
>>54378279
Anyone? Guys? Will some boobs help?
>>
File: CLEAVE AND SMITE.jpg (92KB, 597x900px) Image search: [Google]
CLEAVE AND SMITE.jpg
92KB, 597x900px
>>54378082

A game that lets me play as a super robot powered by courage. Pilot is optional.
Courage is not.
>>
>>54378189

Curse of the Crimson Throne does that well enough, as a showcase for how to have regional high level characters.
>>
>>54379261
Depends, what as a bard are you looking to do? Buff the party, screw with enemies, help with things out of combat?
>>
>>54379319
I've been hoping for a gestalt CotCT /pfg/ game for a while now.
>>
File: gaogaigar.jpg (324KB, 900x730px) Image search: [Google]
gaogaigar.jpg
324KB, 900x730px
>>54379284
Aw HELL yeah.
>>
>>54379360
I wonder... Is it kosher to app to a game with a PC I played in that game before? I guess it doesn't matter, since nobody will know I'm doing it if I don't tell them.
>>
>>54379428
Why would you do that though.
>>
>>54379428
We'll all know, and we'll mock you relentlessly.
>>
>>54379428
I guess it would be fine, but that sounds boring as fuck, anon.
>>
>>54379428
If you played the character all the way through? It seems kinda boring but okay. If the game died partway then I don't see why not, it'll be fresh faces in the party so it probably won't go the same way.
>>
>>54379446
Well, because the last time I played CotCT I really liked my PC but we only got through like three sessions before the DM cancelled.

>>54379450
Oh no!

>>54379453
It's not boring at all if the character isn't boring. Besides, what matters if whether or not I have fun playing the character, not whether other people think it's boring.
>>
File: CvhhTw6VYAEflPK.jpg large.jpg (92KB, 600x969px) Image search: [Google]
CvhhTw6VYAEflPK.jpg large.jpg
92KB, 600x969px
>>54379322
Out of combat utility, the potential to fuck up/help social situations for people, and debuffing mostly. I figure I'll have inspire courage covering most of my buffing. Planning on using an archery build, if this affects any choices. Also want to avoid anything I could just eventually get a wand of, since this is a Bard we're talking about.
>>
New thread
>>54379512
>>54379512
>>54379512
>>54379512
>>54379512
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>54379284
>>54379365

I'm adapting ideas from the mecha rules from d20 Future and Dragonmech to work with PF, and specifically PoW. Its a long up-hill battle making sure everything scales with some degree of sanity. But it should be fun, and let lower level PCs punch above their pay grade when those huge+ size monsters come to wreck their town.
>>
>>54379520
Page fucking 7, shitlord.
>>
>>54379485
Animate Rope, Comprehend Languages, Moment of Greatness, Sleep, stuff like that.
>>
>>54379520
Damn, and here I was sitting on a new thread waiting for page 8 or 9.
>>
File: 1471026147750.jpg (185KB, 579x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1471026147750.jpg
185KB, 579x1100px
>>54379548
Thanks. Trying to shave this spell list down is hard, and I appreciate the help.
>>
>>54379520
P A G E 7
A G E 7 P
G E 7 P A
E 7 P A G
7 P A G E
>>
Who wants Iron Gods reviews?

t.not!Disk
>>
>>54379676
I don't really need one but I will take this opportunity to say that I'm thinking of doing reviews for Carnal Crown starting tomorrow. No time for it tonight.

t.also not!Disk
>>
>>54376747
>Wubu paired them in the intro
I guess it worked
>>
File: 1452238990140.png (39KB, 156x129px) Image search: [Google]
1452238990140.png
39KB, 156x129px
>>54372781
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.