[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1413: The Note Desolation Plays Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 388
Thread images: 50

>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>52407748
>>
>>52419469

It depends entirely on the Servant in question, but it's usually something that takes one of their notable feats or weapons and transforms it into an item of power or an innate ability with conceptual, mildly video-gamey effects. In that regard, fleshing out a small backstory for a custom servant is usually a good idea before considering Noble Phantasms.

As an example, my Servant often used his mace to break shit. Not just skulls or the ankles of giants, but trees, cave openings, boulders and so on. After he later gave it ornamentation from a monster he slayed it really seemed appropriate. So what does it do? It breaks shit, but in a Nasu way. After committing to a full swing and striking a target, glowing spread out from the point of impact.

After a moment, they explode, dealing significant surface and penetrating damage to whatever got hit. The harder the thing they hit, the more cracks would appear and the better they'd explode after hitting stuff, introducing a scaling element. It's a hardcore armor/shield/fortification breaker. Doesn't scale infinitely since things can potentially tank it, but damn is dodging it the better option the majority of the time.

Take something your hero notably has going on for them and roll with it.
>>
File: How do you do fellow kids.png (164KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
How do you do fellow kids.png
164KB, 500x368px
The Hogwarts shitposting last thread got me thinking, what are the best schools in the chain? What are the worst?
>>
In Harry Potter is it worth getting Wandless Casting for full price as a Half-Blood?
>>
File: Sayaka_alt_hairstyle_glasses.jpg (457KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sayaka_alt_hairstyle_glasses.jpg
457KB, 1600x1200px
Reposting, because I have a lot of Sakaya Pictures.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12628757/r
>>
>>52419591

Weird, one of my chains had Zombie Billy Mays as Benefactor (technically a shapeshifer, but they first came as ZBM). He literally broke down a sales pitch to me in a facsimile of my room, starting it on the TV, then crawling out of it halfway.
>>
Fist of the North Star
Jumpchain CYOA
+100CP : Young
+200CP : Blind
rolling for location Roll(1d8)+0:8,+0 Total:8 chose middle of nowhere. Now I can set up my village and we can get started rebuilding the world.
rolling for age Roll(1d8)+4:1,+4 Total:5
Man of Man of Hokuto-300CP
Keiraku Hikou free for Man of Man of Hokuto
Tenryuu Kokuu Hou free for Man of Man of Hokuto
Suieishin-100 discount for Man of Hokuto
Hikou Fuuji-100 discount for Man of Hokuto
Hokuto Shinken-200 discount for Man of Hokuto
Hokuto Ujouken-300 discount for Man of Hokuto
Hokuto Sonkaken -300 discount for Man of Hokuto
medicine free for Man of Man of Hokuto
the plan: only exhibit knowledge of completely different martial arts and rely on my more esoteric senses as I start rebuilding and re-civilizing Australia.
>>
>>52419834

Glowing cracks*, damnit
>>
>>52419854
Some people really hate needing/greatly benefiting from a focus, both because it can potentially be lost and because people like to rely on their own ability. I'd say no, because I don't think using a wand is terribly inconvenient, but that's only an opinion.
>>
>>52419413
Training regiment for Tanya's troops.

>Full day of training
>Returns to their quarters for rest
>Quarters promptly explode
>Loli CO tells them to march 48 hours through the wilderness
>Artillery crew has been instructed to fire upon any detected magic

>Reach the end without drawing artillery fire
>Loli CO tells them that the artilery crew souldn't be left out
>queue le~ 36 hours of artiliary bombardment
>on solid rock so they can't dig fox holes

>Survives this bullshit by intercepting constant artillery bombardment with magic
>Loli CO informs them that the Artillery crews actually have more ammo
>bombardment continues, all but 60 drop out

>Second march through the wilderness
>Only rest is hiding under cover from bombers
>Finally reach the end of the second march
>Loli CO congratulates them and immediately begins their "counter interrogation" training

>Loli CO strips everyone of their clothes and makes them walk naked into the snow
>she then ties them up in a barn and beats the shit out of them
>after this they are immidiatly sent on a third trek through the wilderness
>this time with rockslides and avalanches

She trains her meat shields like a jumper.
>>
>>52419854
Yes. Mainly because needing a wand is for mooks. Go wandless and wordless, just make shit happen.
>>
>>52419890
I pretty much just wrote the skit out exactly as is but inserted weird shit like:

>"NOW you're probably asking yourself- 'Hey Matt-'" At this Matt Foley leapt off the coffee table and into the ceiling. The chandelier he crashed into crumbled underneath his not-weight, and he crushed into the ceiling. "'HOW CAN WE GET BACK ON THE RIGHT TRACK?'" Then the scene began to play backwards again, rewinding until Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker was standing on the table again. Then it played forward again. Matt Foley continued to speak the entire time, staring unblinkingly at Anon as he continued to smash into the ceiling repeatedly. "As far as I see it, there is only one solution- and that is for me to get my fedora, purchase Kansas and move in because I'm gonna BUNK WITH YOU UNTIL YOU CONFESS."
>>
Quick question:
Does anyone have a claim to the setting of the game Oneshot?
I had a few ideas for a jump, but wanted to make sure that it was clear here first.
>>
>>52419854
I always pick it up when I go there, mainly because relying on a focus creates an unnecessary weak point and forces you to carry it around to use your HP magic. I take great pains to minimize the amount of crap I have to carry at one time.
>>
>>52420018

Hahaha, I don't know about writing mine down, but he basically started on the tv with shitty green screen effects that placed him in the different worlds he was trying to sell. Then he crawled out, starting showing me for real, constantly screaming. "BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!" as the war torn landscape was suddenly shaded, a massive dragon flying down from the sky.
>>
In which one of your Jumps did the Benefactor like you the best? Which one of your adventures has been their favorite?
>>
>>52419947
Tanya is a jumper, Being X is a Jump-Chan who's hostile due to drawbacks.
>>
>>52420102
Top kek. That sounds perfect.

Matt Foley wasn't my benefactor, sadly. He was...
...a mistake.
>>
So when was Percy Jackson jump last updated?
The text for things is different from when I jumped it for my chain (two years ago) I only noticed because I was going back to writefagg
>>
>>52420137
Probably Pokemon in my short chain. I went all out to try and prove myself since entertaining them was the name of the game, so I was really outgoing even if I didn't like it. So much fucking adventure. Uncovering corporate espionage, saving or interacting with legendaries, traveling all over the world, running around underground cities and hiding from artificial abominations, entering contests, battling gyms, becoming a champion in more ways than one, building new stuff on the go like a high tech helmet, learning how to box and knocking a Villain Lieutenant's tooth out when he let his guard down (after getting beat up myself to be fair), learning how to surf, beach episode shenanigans, all sorts of shit.
>>
>>52420137
Well, I can't really pick just one. The whole thing is entertaining for her; you see, she thinks it's all fun, but for some reason seeing me suffer and push through it just entertains her more. So it's drawbacks, lots and lots of drawbacks, and more near-death experiences than I can count. Luckily she doesn't force me into something that I absolutely can't handle, so no insta-death drawbacks, buts there's lots of max-CP drawbacks in the mix.

Oh yeah, technically I'm not the one picking perks and drawbacks in my chain, it's her. So there's that.
>>
>>52420193
That sounds concerning.
>>
>>52420059
I still like having my wand even though I pick up wandless casting. However, that's because I've shoved a shit ton of various magic amplification and focus items into it. Not to mention a few utility things like the spiderweb wand from adventure time.
>>
How do Clow Cards work?
>>
>>52419854
In Fantastic Beasts, one of the American Wizard cops throws a car with the flick of his hand.

So yeah, it'd be pretty awesome to get.
It also make people underestimate you if you choose to keep using your wand all the time.
>Expelliarmus!
*wand flies away
>Surrender!
Accio wand
>OH SHI–
>>
>>52420302
They're basically just a spell given life and sealed into card form. Really, really flexible spells.
>>
>>52419947
I'm a little upset I didn't know the manga was so much better than the anime...
>>
File: Tourists.jpg (434KB, 1080x1551px) Image search: [Google]
Tourists.jpg
434KB, 1080x1551px
>>52420330
I haven't read it yet but I bet the LN is even better.
>>
File: The One And Only.png (514KB, 637x729px) Image search: [Google]
The One And Only.png
514KB, 637x729px
Hey everybody, I was working on something personal and needed outside perspectives for it to take notes on. What would you say the most common trends, themes and limitations of Stand Powers are?
>>
>>52420426
I think they're supposed to represent some facet of the user's individuality or personality, but a lot of people seem to ignore this.
>>
>>52420426
A lot of Stands need to touch the target in order to affect them. Not all, but it's a pretty common limitation. Combined with the fact that most Stands can't travel far from the user, and that limits range of abilities while also making it hard to both attack and defend at the same time, given that the Stand will be away from the user.
>>
>>52420406
I can only hope
>>
Quick question if I go to fate zero can I summon archer from fate stay night? I mean if I am gonna change things I may as well get someone who might enjoy doing it.
>>
>>52420608
You can only get archer from stay night if you summon him in stay night
>>
>>52420608
You can summon him, but then Gilgamesh won't be part of the story since you took the Archer class servant.
>>
>>52420322
>Surrender!
LIGHTNING BOLT!

Im like fucking palpatine yo.
>>
There is a possibility that I am going to make a jump based on the game Oneshot. With that in mind, I would like to get a quick review on the Drop-In perk tree.

The Drop-In tree is based on the Meta-Aspect of the game, and on the player. (Who is an actual character.)

[Helper {100} - You have a knack for helping others, especially when it comes to puzzles. When directly helping someone with a task, you can apply a small, but noticible boost to their efforts.

Comunicator {200} - You have an easier time comunicating with "god-like" beings. They will be more amicable towards you upon first contact, and will be unlikely to smite you on the spot. In general, this perk ensures that "god-like" beings will tolerate your presence as long as you don't majorly anger them.

Viewer {400} - Through an appropreate technological device, or just through closing your eyes and concentrating, you can bring up a live updating view of any one person who considers you an ally and their immediate surroundings. This view includes audio. You can keep it running for as long as you would like, and you can refocus on a new person at the begining of a jump.

Clover {600} - Once per jump (and only once), you may reset time to the exact begining of the jump. (no later and no sooner) Everything is reverted to the exact state that it was at the begining of the jump, except for your memories. Occasionally a person may remember slight, small things, but will not have the complete story. Major events will stay exactly the same across revisions, but minor events may have strayed a bit from the original.]
>>
>>52420911
>Clover
I think that's a bit much. Stuff that turns back time is usually hard to balance, but that seems extremely powerful.
>>
File: Terra Suffering.jpg (96KB, 629x640px) Image search: [Google]
Terra Suffering.jpg
96KB, 629x640px
Jumpers, tell me about the times when you done fucked up and had a bad time.

Also, Batman Beyond is almost done. I just have to finish the items and powers.
>>
>>52420932
I thought that it might be. Clover was based off of the way that the "Second-Shot" NG+ mode was activated.

Do you have any ideas for balancing, or should it just be scrapped?
>>
Im just popping in to get you guys thoughts on a perk for world seed jump, I need to finish items mainly but been swamped by work. Almost done really though.

Tell me thoughts on if I should change the price or the wording somehow if you have ideas please.

Stat Screen (Free all, 200 to keep after jump)
Directly after the advent of the seeds many people found that they could replicate some of their powers outside of the game, the simplest way was checking their status screen, Simply by thinking the word "Status" they could bring up a screen visible only to them showing their abilities, affinities with magic, and their natural stats as determined by numerical values. You can also do this as well, and as another bonus you also have the ability to level up via combat. The status shown gives you simple things such as strength (showing how much you can carry), agility, intelligience (which is directly correlated to how much mp you have), wisdom (which determines your mp regen rate), and vitality which effects how fast you can heal. Every time you level up (which becomes more difficult with each level) You gain a point that you can allocate into any of your stats which gives you a slight increase.

Leveling up is automatic, allocating points is up to the person though and they may place them as they wish, although once allocated there is no going back. Leveling through combat causes the soul of the defeated creature to be partially absorbed into your own souls "buffer" once this buffer zone is full the person levels up. Each level gives 6 points to allocate, each allocation raises the stat by a small amount, for example 1 point to strength raises your lifting strength by about 10 pounds, or one point to intelligience will give you 10 more mp to cast with (as well as making you think slightly more clearly).
>>
>>52421000
World seed as in the one from royal road? If so joy of joys.
>>
>>52418136
Not gonna lie, Wizard NASCAR sounds like the tits.

Well, except for all the stupid fucking bullshit about it not directly connected to racing.

t. Former NASCAR fan
>>
>>52421033
Yeah, I hope I did the thing right. Since there is literally no info on any classes except arcane caster, druid, and the technology I ended up busting the abilities the mc shows and going into drop in, tech, arcane caster, and druid lines. Almost done, I just ended up doing the entire thing on paper and pen last week in business meetings and classes so typing is taking forever on my smartphone.
>>
>>52420949
Got my twin (otoyomegatari) killed early chain by not taking things seriously.
Accidentally a yandere centipede. Worked out in the end, mostly.
Got stuck in Hengsha (DXHR) when the chip thing happened. Was not a good time.
Purchased Torpedo in Generic Mob and ended up with a battered immigrant who'd just been the victim of assault, lost an eye, had broken bones, a concussion, and internal bleeding.
>>
>>52420949
Fittingly enough, Teen Titans. In order to prepare for Trigon's arrival (due to one of the potential Portal canidates), I manipulated pretty much everyone in order to lay my trap for him. I...caused a lot of heart break and pain, setting everything up for my plan to imprison Trigon without him being able to use Raven (or myself) as a portal. Well, the plan worked, but by then everything I had done had been revealed. While I wasn't exactly friends with the Titans, I had tried to have a good relationship with my little sister. So when she expressed disgust with me and my actions, justifiably, and left with her friends...

I...I didn't take it well. And I had no one else to fall back on, plus a lot of enemies now that my actions had been revealed. Did not help that Trigon took the opportunity to laugh at and mock me. It was...not pleasant. He stopped laughing once I started slowly but surely taking his power for my own. If he wasn't using it, and I was on my own...well, I would be putting it to much better use...
>>
File: 620d982408710fe15c0189c2a2092b0a.jpg (401KB, 794x1172px) Image search: [Google]
620d982408710fe15c0189c2a2092b0a.jpg
401KB, 794x1172px
>>52420137
So far? Well, he seemed to derive great amusement from my years in Ring of Red, but then he meddled quite a bit in that one so it makes sense. Anyways, I've talked about that one before multiple times. So I'll pick a new one to talk about.

He was also quite interested in my battles with Bill Cypher during Gravity Falls. I think he liked that I shoved the setting so far off the rails that it rebounded on me in ways I was not equipped to deal with. I mean, this was Jump 7. The most powerful abilities in my arsenal were the abilities I had picked up in Teen Titans as Raven's brother and what we had learned from being Constantine's apprentices for several years.

So when I used my out-of-Jump knowledge to steal the Journals, summon Bill early, while at the same time gathering everyone needed to seal him away and it apparently worked, I thought I was head badass of the universe. Until Bill came back five years later in full force because I had been ignoring the signs.

Having my lungs filled with cotton candy for a while was not a pleasant experience. Especially before I had any form of Regen. Getting banished to an alternate Gravity Falls occupied by a murderous, necromancer Dipper and his equally murderous, but no less boy crazy, Mable Pines was just SO much fun.

>>52420949
See above. It was a horrible experience. I set the Portal to wildly overload on the Blue Universe on my way out. /That's/ how bad it was.

Sweet! Can't wait to see it! Good luck KOTOR!

>>52420932
>>52420974
I dunno, I could see the ability working. It's kind of like an emergency reset 1-up with a few side effects. Maybe tack in a line about how the "flashes" another person receives might not always be pleasant things. Like people "remembering" their deaths in vivid, horrible detail even if you change events.

But then, I've never played the source material, so I'm not sure if that's thematically accurate. Just tossing out ideas.
>>
>>52420974
I don't know how to balance it. The first thing that comes to mind is if it somehow makes you unable to change things, but that goes too far the other way and makes it useless.

Maybe instead of explicitly letting you turn back time, if we want to keep something like a NG+. you have/frequently get a vague sense of "deja vu" that lets you remember things that haven't happened yet?
>>
>>52421207
The "flashes" of the game itself are limited mainly to the Protagonist and "Antagonist" remembering that you reset, and a few special characters, but I kind of like your idea. I'll add it to the draft.
>>
>>52420406
So the anime doesn't even hint at the prescience of the other Beings does it?
>>
>>52421211
Maybe deja vu about how your actions would affect the canon plot, and possibly the consequences? I feel like deja vu about only the canon plot would be more of a 400 cp perk, and more fitting for another background.

I'm willing to take any suggestions that anyone has.
>>
>>52421456
I don't think so.
>>
>>52421486
That must really make the folks think Being X is a huge dick, he still is but that's more because he's pety than the fact that the Words of Power were forced upon people to keep the spread of faith in line with the creation of great people. Without the knowledge that the other Beings have been trying to get through to the humans through other means Being X's actions must look malicious.
>>
Dragon Ball AF
Ugly Color Scheme +100 periwinkle and neon orange seriously? UGG!
Hungry Hungry Saiyan + 100 . I hate these even with the infinite ambrosia pouring down my stomach. I'm not satisfied
What are you, Yamcha +100 . I hate these but it's not dangerous and cause people to underestimate the
Frieza’s Army +200 yeah they are DBZ mooks but they are still mooks
Sealed Away +400 just let me pull up my portal gun from my inventory and I will let myself out
alien free
Saiyan – 500 . You gotta take this
go further beyond -300 discounted for Saiyan oh yes, more power
welcoming party free . This way I will know what asses to kick in the future
reduced form -200 discount for alien I need all the training boosts I can get at this point
go all out free for Saiyan not sure what I'm going to do with this besides encourage others
ridiculous power -600 a necessity
scouter free . Now let's see some power levels
alien fleet -300 discount for alien definitely choosing Saiyan and they are definitely keeping relationships and scientific knowledge And since infectious bite has upgraded the majority of my populace into Czarnians they should add some healthy diversity to the gene pool

The plan: join the Z fighters save the universe, I'm as strong as my shoes and my shoes are immune to traditional violence, my attacks cannot be evaded and are conservatively continent busters. Thanks to out of context stuff Nor can I be hit since I'm constantly making little wire sculptures with my offhand thanks to my Devil-tiger charms
>>
Are there any low-danger jumps where I could obtain the ability to activate powers that require speech wordlessly? I want to take The Gamer as an early jump, because grinding buffs and passive skills would be a good way to get physical durability, and Gamer's Mind takes care of mental durability. I really don't want to have to use the "you have to shout the name to use active skills" thing, though. So, any low-risk jumps I can use to get around this?
>>
>>52421535
Well that is confusing as hell, having only seen the anime and read the few translated chapters of the manga I have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
There was an Aldnoah.Zero jump being done right? How's that going?
>>
>>52421579
In Harry Potter you can learn have wandless casting abilities and learn to cast silently.
>>
>>52421579
If you're going to The Gamer early, stop being such a baby about it. There's no reason to go low-risk after that.
>>
>>52421579
Couldn't you use restat for that?
>>
>>52421579
Gamer attack skills are just shortcut macros. Learn to cast that shit manually and you don't really need to shout like an idiot. Even if there is an incantation getting silent magic somewhere else like Mushoku Tensei should be enough to cover it.
Or just say it quietly under your breath. that works too.
>>
>>52421579
There is a perk for free action talking in DC occult, though that is hilariously non early chain.

Also you could just use abilities without system support, you get the knowledge and ability to do skills the normal way after leaning them with the Gamer. The MC uses skills silently frequently so either saying them isn't mandatory and is only done for the reader's benefit or he is just using them without system support, either way should solve that for you.

If your goal is grinding it is better to do them that way since doing things without the support of the power grants bonus XP for improving the skill.
>>
>>52421643
You misunderstand. This is before I go to The Gamer, not after. Preparation, so that while I'm there I don't have to shout "Mana Arrow" every time I fire an arrow.

>>52421690
>>52421700
See, that's what I thought, it's been a while since I read The Gamer (I stopped reading about when the summoned demons showed up), but I remembered Jee-Han casting skills wordlessly. The jump's notes say that you have to say them every time, though. So is this something I should feel free to houserule away, then, as not representing the setting accurately?
>>
File: Being X's Preposal.jpg (141KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Being X's Preposal.jpg
141KB, 800x1150px
>>52421598
Not Words of Power I meant Words of Prayer. Don't know why I typed Words of Power....

When the other Beings and Being X are conversing about means to make the people more faithful they go on and on about how they've tried stuff like divine favor, relics, and magic and such but humans have basically put all the Relics up as displays and Magic has become something the scientific method is breaking down. So Being X proposed a Relic that was actually Words of Prayer, the Type 95 whose power can only be unlocked by prayer, which would renew the faith of those who used it, turning them into saints with power divine.

Pic Related.
>>
In fate is there any way to companion a servant that you did not pick as your servant in supplement?
>>
>>52421745
Oh that, yes that is left out of the anime. In the anime it looks like Being X is the only such being and is being a dick solely for the sake of his ego.
>>
>>52421741
He does call out attacks a whole lot which is probably why that line is in there.
At worst you could probably just wank in a silent mode menu option with restat.
I mean Blade already mentioned a while back that since things are subject to change buying all the Gamer stuff just makes it work like it does in series.
It shouldn't be out of line.
>>
>>52421745
From what I've seen of the manga (I skipped to ch11, so I've likely missed some things) it seems like there are several differences. The most noticeable is the cosmetic one and possibly a world one, as in the anime mages require technology to use magic, especially flight. Also, Being X seems to be completely alone without hints of the others and is in fact completely petty and malicious, essentially using the new world to test Tanya
>>
File: 1489659261368.jpg (124KB, 736x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1489659261368.jpg
124KB, 736x1116px
In highschool DxD it says nonhumans get a free magic system, can I get some help? What did you guys do with your custom system? How does your system work?
>>
>>52421629
Heyo. That's me and Alice's little project, though really I'm just doing the descriptions and some of the items/mecha stuff. Perks are apparently almost done, my side of the items is done and the small mecha section is proceeding well.

All goes well, we'll be able to move on to writing it all up soon. Not a terribly large jump so it shouldn't take long.

>>52421778
Pods.
>>
>>52421807
Alright, cool. Time to level up those self-buffs, make an ultimate paranoia combo.
>>
Do we have any one working on a Dot Hack or Ubel Blatt jump?
>>
>>52421922
Nope, but it would be awesome to see an Ubel Blatt jump!
>>
>>52421922
I don't know about .hack, but I'm pretty sure the last time someone brought up possibly making Ubel Blatt was fucking ages ago, in irc, by someone that has since left. Though I know people have stated an interest in the jump no one has actually stated any intent to make it.
>>
File: Aura.jpg (595KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Aura.jpg
595KB, 1200x1200px
>>52421922
Not at this time. I would fucking love it if we had a Dot Hack jump though. The games were fucking awesome, and it would be cool to use Summon in order to take the essence of the Cursed Wave and summon them in future jumps. That, and Aura is best girl, so it would be cool to meet/potentially companion her.
>>
File: Doping with Magic.jpg (171KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Doping with Magic.jpg
171KB, 800x1150px
>>52421792
Huh that's odd. So it's a slightly different story just from the other Beings being excluded.

>>52421814
Skipping the exposition chapters of any manga might be a bad idea, even things like Dragon Ball changed from manga to anime. As for the whole magic thing... The manga verse is odd, to do any good in the manga Tanya is doping herself pretty heavy, doing everything from enhancement magic to outright turning off her ability to feel pain. I'm guessing that was shown in the anime, she goes bumfuckcrazy when she's doing it pic related.

Currently, I'm waiting for the entire season of the anime so I can watch it all at once like I usually do.
>>
>>52422037
God damn she really is straight from Mad Max isn't she
>>
>>52422037
>Magical Berserker Nazi Loli
It's all fun and games until you're bleeding out of every pore.

>>52422061
A violent Jumper couldn't find a more willing Companion.
>>
>>52422061
>>52422079
Ironically she doesn't want to be fighting at all, she just wants a nice safe position at the rear.
>>
>>52422037
I have no idea what's happening with the doping thing in that pic. The magic between the anime and the manga is completely different, there's no mention of any of that in the anime. The differences aren't minor from what I've seen, and I'll have to read the manga from the beginning. It seems like they are barely related beyond the general context of the setting and the MC
>>
>>52422034
Lycoris is better. But I would fucking kill for a .hack jump. I know the epitaph of twilight back and forewards.
>>
File: Rear Line Duty.jpg (167KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Rear Line Duty.jpg
167KB, 800x1150px
>>52422061
Basically... yeah.She's a high funtional psychopath who talks easily about war and peace to the point that one of her recruits things she's a die hard, ends-justify-the-means peacenik.

>>52422122
No truer words. Pic Related.

>>52422122
Huh neat.
>>
>>52422172
Arg pic was for >>52422109 not >>52422122
>>
>>52422154
I wouldn't say she's better, but she is cute, and I do plan on saving her from being deleted. Biggest problem with that is going to be Morganna, as well as the system administrators.
>>
>>52422248
Go to Kid Radd and grab Data Destroyer and threaten them with it.
>>
Fate stay night the Third Magic isn't all that impressive from the description, is that all it does?
>>
>>52422037
What is this from?
>>
>>52420322
Oh, so wandless casting is canon now?
>>
>>52422308
Youjo Senki
>>
>>52422172
Tanya's rear duty might be the most dangerous place in the world, yet the one entrusted with the task shall still see it as a blessing.
>>
>>52422266
Oh, good idea. It might not be a serious threat to Morganna, but it'll definitely be something to hold against the system administrators.
>>
https://pastebin.com/gtjyYdme

Tell me what you think. Looking for critiques.

>>52422320
Thanks
>>
>>52422313
It was always canon, you dingus.
There's a guy in the leaky cauldron using it to stir his tea.
>>
>>52422320
Do you recommend the manga or anime?
>>
>>52422308
Youjo Senki

>>52422325
She get's tired of blowing up but she continues to do the job because she doesn't wanna be a person who she fired in her last life, which I found funny as hell.
>>
>>52422339
And Dumbles used it to stop Harry from crashing into the ground at that one Quidditch game with the Dementors.
>>
>>52422344
Manga has Jet-Pack Knights and the anime is very well done, by the same folks who made Overlord if that tickles your fancy.
>>
>>52422344
I don't think the fan translations of the manga are up to par, but the anime has some major divergences from the manga. I guess it comes down to preference. The manga art style is better (imo), but the anime is more polished overall.
I'm currently looking for a translation of the Light Novel.
>>
>>52422313
In the movies, but not the books.
>>
>>52422297
It lets you shuffle around souls and materialize them into a physical state.
The ritual also makes you absurdly difficult to kill and gives out arbitrary levels of mana regen.

It's limited in scope, but if you're looking for soul fuckery it's quite good at what it does.
>>
>>52422339
>movies
>canon
AHAHAHA
No.
>>
>>52422368
In the movie. I don't think it's made explicit in the book.
>>
>>52422375
Manga it is then. I will definitely give the anime a go though.
>>
>>52422344
Not him (I'm >>52422122), but given the little I've seen they seem different enough to give both a try and see which one does it for you. I'm quite enjoying the manga myself now that I'm reading it, however.
>>
>>52422297
It's what was used to set up the grail.
So faffing about with heroic spirits and the like is probably something you could do.
>>
>>52422328
Have a bunch of data manipulation or technopathy perks could work. Morgana has... issues. She knows her only job and purpose is to create aura, she doesnt want her time to end but she cannot really keep it from happening.

The spells got stuck in your head too, cast Vak Don so many times.

Also the games and show had such good music.
>>
>>52422400
>>52422399
>>52422396
Oh so you are fine with cursed child being canon but not the movies?
>>
>>52422444
Piros the Third!
>>
>>52422439
Not really correct. Two Magics and other stuff on top were used to set it up,not just the Third Magic.
>>
>>52422478
Pfft, no.
Seven books. No Word of God. Final Destination.
>>
File: LINKPiros3.jpg (31KB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
LINKPiros3.jpg
31KB, 320x228px
>>52422489
You Called!?
>>
>>52422444
That should help, yeah. Harold really didn't help with that, given that he never thought to give her a purpose beyond making sure Aura was born. There's no attachment, no future for her, no wonder she snapped. Maybe modifying her so that she can still exist post-Aura would get her to calm down?

Fuck yeah, man, both the spells and the music were amazing. Really hoping the jump will have a soundtrack perk or item.
>>
>>52422545
Is someone actually making it? Data drain could be a great capstone, custom avatar additions could be a cool cp sink too like balmungs wings (cheaty as hell but cool), summoning a monster that puts people outside the game in a coma could also be a cool perk, as could programmer.

Then you have "Skill books" that boost your char, as well as cordycepts and whatever those cow things are.

Fuck I woant that for a jump so bad.
>>
File: Holy Cute Bomb.jpg (174KB, 1200x862px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Cute Bomb.jpg
174KB, 1200x862px
>>52422344
In addition to the whole Jet-Pack Knight's argument I'll add that Tanya goes full cute almost-nun when she's forced to use here highest level of magic. Pic Related.
>>
File: MR-359329-846165-31.jpg (247KB, 870x1249px) Image search: [Google]
MR-359329-846165-31.jpg
247KB, 870x1249px
>>52422344
Light Novel
But manga is cute, too.

Why are we discussing this, anyway? Is somebody working on a jump?
>>
File: 1455577615116-2.jpg (102KB, 540x661px) Image search: [Google]
1455577615116-2.jpg
102KB, 540x661px
>>52422330
It's an interesting start. Always nice to see more writing on the board. I'm not really sure what you're looking to have critiqued, but it seems pretty solid so far.

Though, if you keep up that level of detail it's going to take you quite a while to reach the end of the ten year mark. I admire the dedication though.
>>
>>52422530
https://youtu.be/YUf3ZY9aNfI?list=PLh9hcS0tfUw2LHokf4Dt-pBJ-kfPbfbTj
>>
>>52422669
I can only pray that they are
>>
>>52422669
We are fishing for jumpmakers, literally. This discussion was started in the hopes of getting a jumpmaker interested enough in the series to make a jump.
>>
>>52422669
Er >>52419593 something like that.
>>
Can you purchase multiple bloodlines in Nanoha?
>>
>>52422646
As far as I know? No. But all that sounds good to me. Maybe you could also have something for imitating the various phases, like Skeith's wand/scepter/cross thing?
>>
>>52422674
Thanks. I do plan on doing a few time skips. I've already thought of an ending, but I'm not sure which mythical to go after.
>>
>>52422674
Also going to get more general in my writing as it goes on.
>>
>>52422817
Indeed, jumpmakers are timid creatures, just asking one to make a jump of something probably won't work.

Better to dangle a juicy looking setting, start conversations about the setting to really chum the water, wait for the jumpmakers to either get into the IP or join the conversation if they already know it, then encourage other anons to voice a desire for a jump in the setting, hopefully a jumpmaker will decide to bite (make a jump).

Once the jump is done reward jumpmakers with headpats to encourage continued work.
>>
File: tanya-cute-smile[1].png (273KB, 726x407px) Image search: [Google]
tanya-cute-smile[1].png
273KB, 726x407px
>>52422850
>>
>>52421579

IIRC, he only speaks the names out of habit, and doesn't really need to.

As a diamond cannon, subtlety isn't a big part of his sense of style.
>>
Reminder that Loli Hitler is not for waifuing.
>>
>>52422930
Oh and also, will Sagebrecht counteract the control issues that come from the Book of Darkness?
>>
File: 1460875076699.png (254KB, 595x269px) Image search: [Google]
1460875076699.png
254KB, 595x269px
>>52422989
>>52423026
Good that you've got an ending in mind. That's always the hardest part for me. I tend to front-load my writing for Jumps as well and get more general as it goes on. It seems to work well.

I rather like Meloetta as a non-standard mythical to hunt down, but it depends on what you're looking for. I don't always go for mythicals myself. But then, I tend to have other priorities in Pokemon.
>>
File: Tanya's People Issue.jpg (168KB, 800x1149px) Image search: [Google]
Tanya's People Issue.jpg
168KB, 800x1149px
>>52423103
>>52423122
>>
File: ys_v2_illu2.png (1MB, 924x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ys_v2_illu2.png
1MB, 924x1600px
>>52423122
I'll waifu who I damn well please.
>>
>>52423221
Who is that?
>>
>>52423122

Tanya's software is that of a forty-something corporate headsman/war veteran, and running on hardware that has barely begun prepping for sexual maturity.

Waifu'ing would seem to be... complicated.
>>
Second perk tree for the Oneshot jump! I am again looking for review.
This one is the Savior perk tree, based on Niko, the protagonist.
<Devnotes are in these brackets; they are not part of the jump, just clarification.>

Light of Another World {100} - Similar to Niko and the three people from his visions, some part of your body or clothing glows with the light of yellow phosphor. This allows you to be easily identified as a potential savior, even if your are not carrying the (actual) sunbulb (or the discount-knockoff sunbulb). In later jumps, this creates a very slight association between you and any prophecies fitting your general description.
<The sunbulb is the world's sun. It looks like a lightbulb.>

Hope of a Dying World {200} - This provides a noticeable boost to your charisma. People will be more willing to trust you, both in general, and with their problems.

Messiah of a Supposed God {400} - Your faith rewards you. As long as you are a relatively devoted follower of a certain god-like being (that exists within the setting), you will be more likely to receive messages, directions, and interdictions from said god-like being. (10-20% buff in likelihood)
<Not sure about this perk.>

Visage of a True Human {600} - Any robot that either believes itself to be following Asimov's three laws, or is non-sapient (up to very basic AI) will defer to you first in matters of orders and protection. <Uncertain about dissalowing deference from non-allied robots> In addition, those following Asimov's laws will find it one of their highest priorities to ensure your safety, above essentially anyone else. This perk caps out at the level of Oneshot's Untamed robots. (AKA: Tamed robots would not be affected by the perk)
<Tamed robots are essentially robots that grew beyond their programming and consider themselves individuals, not just robots.>
>>
>>52423152
I'm torn between Deoxys, Celebi, and Jirachi. Removing them from the picture wouldn't cause to much of an issue, other than some people might miss Celebi.
>>
>>52423236
I assume Tanya, its one of the images that came up when I googled images
>>
>>52423236
Loli hitler, preparing for some sweet sweet propaganda.
>>
>>52423265
Well, just go with your gut man. None of them are especially stand out battlers (unless you're going with the anime/movies and then I don't have a clue) so pick the one with the personality you'd most want to spend time with and have a ball. I believe in you.
>>
>>52423355
Is that a...planecycle?
>>
File: div.jpg (50KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
div.jpg
50KB, 850x850px
>>52423122
You are wrong!
>>
File: f67c8ec6fbe923e7f2e0c2e098261c24.png (676KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
f67c8ec6fbe923e7f2e0c2e098261c24.png
676KB, 1600x900px
>>52423404
IT IS! A distant cousin to the Striker Unit, used for short range reconnaissance, messenger planes, and are ideal for low-altitude flying. They sport only light armaments and armor, instead using their high speed and unparalleled maneuverability to all but dance around incoming fire.

Submit your order today and Jumper Industries will include a free upgrade with every dozen! Striker Circuits will be integrated directly into the Planecycle, allowing even Witches who have lost most of their magical power due to age to give the engines a little extra kick when needed.
>>
>>52423470
Tanya is a Japanese businessman and/or an 11 year old girl, do you want to be waifuing any combination of those things?
>>
>>52423475
I don't know, Striker Units make some sense because they're smaller and more maneuverable than a regular plane. These look like they're just ultralights that don't have cabins. Doesn't seem worth it, be better to just get a normal plane.
>>
>>52423518
We have time ...and lots of charisma and harem perks.
>>
>>52423518
You should know better than to ask questions like that by now. You ain't getting the answer you're hoping for.
>>
>>52423518
That's not much different than other secretly really old lolis in fiction.
Having been a japanese business man just means she's got worldy experience.
>>
>>52423518
I have to admire him. He became the little girl and, rather than what most of CYOAG would do, decided to join the military so that he could rise to prominence and power.
>>
>>52423245
Sufficient dose of coddling and headpats can overcome even worst trauma, mellow even the hardest heart.
>>
>>52423530
I mean, you're probably right. But why be a Jumper if you can't design something impractical, but cool looking?
>>
>>52423569
And a sufficient amount of super magical nukes up the ass can take out most jumpers.
>>
>>52423567
>rather than what most of CYOAG would do
There's only so much office stress you can take before your sexual drive shrivel not only beneath interest in intimacy with another person but even beneath the urge to touch yourself. Been there done that.
>>
Are there any factions in the SCP Foundation jump that wouldn't really mind if you showed off anomalous powers?
>>
>>52423567
>rise to prominence and power.
She really just wanted to avoid starving to death on the street or being drafted into the military later on, which was a certainty and would leave her in a worse position than if she volunteered.
>>
>>52423567
Well s/he was an orphan in a war torn land. So it was either that, get lucky or become a cheap prostitute.

Even the military option was only because s/he has magical ability.
>>
>>52422478
>CC
>Canon
You, and Rowling, can go to hell.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1600x884px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1600x884px
>>52423404
Yes. It's great isn't it?

Have a tubby Grumman. (HAH, I'm being redundant again!)
>>
File: 8dcbd4cc7dc2364d42aa220002d62fcf.jpg (458KB, 1646x1132px) Image search: [Google]
8dcbd4cc7dc2364d42aa220002d62fcf.jpg
458KB, 1646x1132px
>>52423675
There's also the Backpack model, ideal for parachuters who need a quick escape at the end of their mission.
>>
>>52423518
Is there a perk combo or spell that turns a person's body into something more accurately reflecting their soul? I'm just so very tired of all these damn lolis and isekai's right now.

It may or may not be related to some Instrumentality ripoff, I'm not picky.
>>
Is the anon working on the Genesis jump around? If so, how's that going?
>>
>>52423818
Just look at their soul using your favored method and polymorph them into something that fits.
>>
>>52423606
The Serpent's Hand, The Chaos Insurgency, and the Foundation itself sometimes, depending on how much they trust you and what exactly you're using your abilities for.
>>
>>52423836
How many soul magics do we got. Dresden wizards get Sight with capital S, ghost riders rolls with penance stare, anything with necromancy worth a damn had a soul jar spell.
>>
Reminder that it's canon some Asari are trans males.
>>
>>52423943
Remember that canon doesn't exist past 3.
>>
>>52423943
Wut?
>>
File: Beams are so... unisex.gif (4MB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
Beams are so... unisex.gif
4MB, 200x113px
This is getting into hand-holding territory, but what do y'all reckon you'd get from using Dark Souls 3 Transposition to turn Medusa and Asura from Soul Eater into loot?

Right now I have Medusa's soul slated for becoming a Purple Clown Ring based on her portable artificial clown to combo with my Madness stuff, and Asura's is becoming a Miracle based on his big dumb eye lasers. But I thought I'd ask people on their opinions, since transposition is cool.

Actually, for that matter, for those who bought the relevant perks: what stuff have you made with the Transposition capstone from DS3 or the capstones for making armor/spells/miracles from Demon's Souls?
>>
>>52423943
What does that even mean? You can't just say that and leave, you know we'll want context. So what, there are members of this asexual species that wish their external appearances resembled those of human males instead of human females? If that's the case, why imprint on humanity as definers of male and female bodies? Why not want to look like a male turian? Or even a female turian, actually, if you're experiencing body dysmorphia. Your species only has one gender, this isn't like transsexuality among humans. You don't have a gender identity in the first place, it's just humans going "yeah, that looks like a woman". And quarians doing that too, I guess, though I can't imagine quarian cultural preconceptions affect asari that much.
>>
>>52424028
>the current year
>not being human-kin
Cis-Asari get out REEEE–
>>
>>52423943
>Andromeda
>Existing
No.
>>
>>52423993
>>52424028
There's a conversation where an Asari says some prefer masculine pronouns. But that's not the best part. They best part is she says that some Asari even prefer other types of pronouns. Which I choose to believe means there are Asari that sexually indentify as attack helicopters or the other various things from that image.
>>
>>52424097
No. No. No, I refuse to believe that. That's fucking bullshit. That is so much bullshit.
>>
>>52424097
Okay, I'm actually fine with that, if it's just them preferring non-female pronouns. Because like I said, asari aren't female. They just happen to look like the females of another species. If an asari wants to use different pronouns, I sat let them. Like, if you had an alien species where the males had the wide hips and breasts, and that race called the asari men, they'd be just as wrong. I mean, logically speaking, before contact with humans Asari would only have been thought of as "women" by quarians. They don't look like the female of any other species in Mass Effect, so they probably would have been thought of as something existing outside of the concept of gender.
>>
>>52422439
You'd need second magic as well to connect to the throne.
>>
>>52424185
No actually, every species subconsciously focuses on the features of Asari that make them look like beautiful female versions of their own species.
>>
>>52424236
No, we know that every person focuses on the features of asari that make them attractive to them. We don't know if it's exclusively female features. That conversation was between a group of presumably heterosexual men. Until we get the opinions of gay men (does Cortez ever comment on Liara?), straight women, and gay women (I'm almost certain that Traynor does comment on Liara, she clumsily flirts with every woman on the ship) we can't draw conclusions about that.
>>
>>52424275
Lets be entirely honest here: even if you were a gay man or a straight woman, you'd probably want to bang an Asari even without mind control. I mean, c'mon. Lots of people experiment with other humans, who wouldn't jump at the chance to "experiment" with a goddamn magic blue space lesbian?
>>
>>52424313
Me.
I don't want magic blue space lesbian AIDS.
>>
>>52424313
Well, personally if I was going to get adventurous I'd rather fuck a hanar. Wait, no. Elcor. Hanar is too obvious. But I see your point.
>>
>>52424313
You are projecting really hard right now.
I'd fuck loads of alien space babes, but Asari are trash tier.
>>
Would it be okay to pick Lovecraft as your pantheon in Smite? I know there's a Cthulhu skin.
>>
File: pretty window.jpg (73KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
pretty window.jpg
73KB, 564x752px
When have you accidentally won someone's heart and got woo'd?
>>
>>52424328
>>52424334
The point is you get to come where no human has gone before. The fact that they look like attractive, athletic humans is just a bonus.
>>52424330
This guy gets it!
>>
>>52424330
>Not trying to figure out how to, safely, bang a Volus
Vanilla as fuck.
>>
>>52424361
>attractive
do I need to post it again?
>>
>>52424378
...Yes. Post it again.
>>
>>52424361
And they are all hookers, or ex-hookers, or soon-to-be-hookers.
My comment on "I don't want to catch magic blue space lesbian AIDS" stands.
>>
File: 11953546549.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
11953546549.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>52424389
You asked for it pal.
>>
Question for OAA while waiting for WoW update.

Elizabeth Birdsong NPC. Given her dialogue, can we presume she's actually Bioshock Infinite Elizabeth?
>>
>>52424378
Please don't. I'm sorry anon, I'm sorry. Please don't. I'm trying so hard to pretend the game doesn't exist.

>>52424390
No they're not. Liara's a a fucking virgin nerd, for one example.
>>
>>52424410
...Is that a fucking purple ninja turtle?
>>
>>52424413
Are you an idiot? Shared first name does not mean same person.
Bioshock Infinite's Elizabeth is not our current Queen for example.
>>
>>52424410

>GET OUTTA MY SWAMP!!
>>
>>52317713
Previously,
>The Greek God Girls, fighting for honor!
Now back to the 'chain.

Anon's bizarre Jumpchain #16:
Hotline Miami
-Huh. I think I recall this place.

Drop in

Perks:
Adrenaline
On the house (900)
Such a nice man
Killer beast (800)
In the zone (600)
What you really are (500)
Brass hands (400)
-Hell of a right hook.

Controlled rage (300)

Items:
Safehouse
Mask (Raptor)
-For irony. I call him Frankie.

The outfit (200)
Cellphone (100)
Drill (0)
-Multi purpose tools are always good.

Vest (-200)

Drawbacks:
Richard (0)

"That was a nice place, wonder wher-"
"A dirty motel bathroom? Not the worst place to wake up. Out the door and-"
>Oh, it appears we have a new guest.
>Hm. Never met you before.
>Great, Another one! Why are you here?
"...Where am I?"
>I feel like you should ask yourself another question. When did you become numb to hurting others?

"Ugh. Had that dream for the second time tonight. But why... Never mind. Hmm, my phone has a voicemail already."
*Ding* You have one missed message.
"Hey buddy, I need some house cleaning done at 195 rider street. If you could, stop by, but be a little "discreet". Don't want to wake up the neighbors."
"... Ah yes, cleaning. 3 days in and I get my first "cleaning" job. Better pay well."

*Tink*
"Hey, buddy. You look a little rough, are you okay?"
"Just fine, little sick."
"Oh, I know the feeling... Hey, someone ordered a pizza, and never showed up. It's on the house."
"uh, sure man. See you later."
*Tink*

(Felt like Hotline Miami needed a different style, and I wanted to try dialogue.)
>>
File: shrek.jpg (9KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
shrek.jpg
9KB, 253x199px
>>52424410
The resemblence is uncanny.
>>
>>52424419
>Exactly one example
>When her mother was an ex-hooker, and her "father" asari is basically still a hooker.

>>52424437
That abomination is from Andromeda.
>>
>>52424440
Except as we can go by her several examples of dialogue, it's flat out implied to be the same character - she references separate worlds and dimensions, among other things.
>>
>>52424410
Did they deliberately make the females that were supposed to be attractive completely unattractive on purpose?
>>
>>52424467
Yes.
>>
>>52424413
>>52424462
There's like a million, billion, thousand Elizabeths from Bioshock infinite.
Even if she's not just an expy referencing the character I rather doubt it's the same one.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>52424410
Still better than Ryder's default face. She's like a robot that comes SO CLOSE to mimicking a human, but seems all the creepier for it. Uncanny Valley on full blast.
>>
>>52424413
More likely she's just the multiversal equivalent of Elizabeth in Azeroth. There are lots of alternate versions of Elizabeth out there, it's kind of the point with her.
>>
>>52424467
The deliberately made EVERYONE unattractive.
>>
>>52423518
Why wouldn't you waifu them?
>>
>>52424499
>>52424410
Wasn't this a fuckhuge triple A game?
>>
>>52424499
What's wrong with her eyes? What's wrong with her teeth? Are they rotting out due to lack of brushing because she's blind?
>>
>>52424518
Welcome to neoBioware, and by extension EA.
They hired a team of fuckwits for diversity points instead of an actually talented team.
Some of which had nearly no experience at all.
This is why they're so uncanny, because it's done by a team of amateurs.
>>
>>52424461
>and her "father" asari is basically still a hooker.
What? Aethyta is a bartender. How is that a hooker? What crazy logic have you cooked up where those two things are equivalent?
>>
>>52424499
OH GOD MY EYES MY EYES MAKE IT STOP!

TAKE IT AWAY TAKE IT AWAY!
>>
File: ryder ps 3.jpg (125KB, 914x606px) Image search: [Google]
ryder ps 3.jpg
125KB, 914x606px
>>52424499
Would you like me to post the rest of the shops to make the pain go away?
>>
>>52424556
She offers sex the first time you talk to her in ME2
>>
>>52424576
On the one hand, it's a lot easier to make a photoshopped image look good than a dynamic moving model under many lighting conditions. On the other hand, still pretty sure they could have made that model so much better than it was in the finished product.
>>
>>52424598
Anon the final product is worse than Mass Effect 1 graphics, yeah they "could have done better" is a BIT of an understatement.
>>
>>52424413
Anon do you know how fast I'd be crucified for acknowledging something like that. And how much of a nightmare this suddenly becomes if I acknowledge that, then I have to acknowledge _the rest of this shit too_ http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ShoutOut/WorldOfWarcraft

Don't make me do something we'll all regret.
>>
>>52424576
>based on Jayde Rossi
https://youtu.be/LDwFCoj-0js
>>
>>52424587
No she doesn't. She makes a joke about it, but it's clearly not actually an offer. It's just her doing the whole "world-weary matriarch" bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Zs9_oxnSA

Also, note that she explicitly states that she doesn't approve of how young asari so often become strippers.
>>
>>52424621
Also it could NOT have come out at a worse time, since it has to follow up both breath of the wild (Competing for the casual nerd demographic) and NieR Automata (Which has a story aeons ahead of anything bioware's ever written). Even that one horizon or whatever it was had like, a week before the first of the two games that had more or less the same themes but looked better came out. Andromeda's basically not even trying.
>>
>>52424671
Leaving aside the horrible character design, the game is buggy to the point that it should NOT have seen release at all.
>>
File: ryder ps.jpg (411KB, 1024x1142px) Image search: [Google]
ryder ps.jpg
411KB, 1024x1142px
>>52424656
Post some of these on /v/. The reactions are golden.
>>
>>52424683
It's basically the epitome of a game coasting off it's series' past successes at this point.
And even then, It's already got a $15 price cut.
>>
>>52424695
You think it's gonna crash harder than Duke Nukem Forever?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
>>52424598
5 years in development and Andromeda has actually managed to advance the character models... 5 years in reverse... of the original game... released in 2007.
>>
>>52424637
Well. . . it would be nice to see some shout outs in the jump, there are a lot of them in the game.
>>
>>52424711
It might actually kill bioware at this point.
>>52424716
Also apparently the make-up was set to "Whore" or "None"
>>
File: Tali.jpg (166KB, 1680x1876px) Image search: [Google]
Tali.jpg
166KB, 1680x1876px
I maintain that Andromeda is somehow even worse due to lacking glorious Quarian hips.
>>
>>52424732
>Also apparently the make-up was set to "Whore" or "None"
Not true, it's also got "Lone Ranger" setting, for PB. The asari are supposed to style their face paint after their fathers' species. What the hell did PB's mom fuck, a racoon?
>>
>>52424720
THAT, I can do, and already have some in the Perks and Companion section.

But asking me to canonize some of these ShoutOuts is just going to result in pain and misery on all fronts.
>>
>>52424756
>Posting Best Girl
I knew I liked you anon.
>>
>>52424732
On the one hand, I think they were working on a Star Wars game, so it would suck that we wouldn't get that.

On the other hand, at least Bioware wouldn't be able to rape another beloved franchise.
>>
>>52424763
Pretty sure that face paint is similar to one of the "clan" face paints of the Turians.
>>
>>52424756
>those perfect hips
I choose Quarian whenever I go to ME as a woman just so I can have them for myself.
>>
>>52424763
I swear, all of the female faces look like they're based off fans of the series. There's no way they could find that many genuinely unattractive people to model their shit off of if they weren't
>>
>>52424773
Oh god. That actually might make their death more likely
>>
>>52424756
Where the hell were the Quarians anyway? Did they just say "Fuck this new galaxy to explore, let's stay here?" or something?
>>
>all this Andromeda talk
Oh god, please stop. All this time. After Inquisition and everything. I still had hope. I still had hope it might be good.

But this? I don't even understand how you drop the ball this hard. It's like they completely missed everything that was good about Mass Effect.

I'll never trust another game developer ever again after this.
>>
>>52424756
Anon, we can all agree that quarian hips are delightful. And that there was really no reason to leave them out. I mean, sure, quarians are an outcast species that the Citadel doesn't like. But you know who else has that status? Fucking krogans, and they got to join the Pathfinder Initiative.
>>
>>52424813
The devs wanted to make sure that no one would ever preorder anything ever again. That is the only possible explanation.
>>
>>52424813
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJBcZHzgD7s
>>
>>52424810
It's commented that their ship got delayed or some shit, for like 30 years.
>>
>>52424813
Play NieR Automata for rehab
>>
How would I go about getting UBW Archer and False Assassin as my companions, I already used up Fate Extra and please don't say pods.
>>
>>52424840
Being Quarian is suffering.
>>
>>52423103
Well, I say 'working on it', but I'm waiting for the anime to finish season 1 to really start working.

Also, didn't know there was a manga. Now I have to read that too.
>>
>>52424856
Marriage.
>>
>>52424794
If they were basing the characters off of fans they would have had them all be raped by Krogan. For the symbolism.

In all seriousness though having watched some gameplay it isn't as bad as people are saying, not a good game to be sure but not the crime against humanity that people are claiming.
>>
>>52424831
So they wanted to kill their own company?
>>52424840
So basically they've been retconned?
>>
File: 1490730348472.jpg (157KB, 900x927px) Image search: [Google]
1490730348472.jpg
157KB, 900x927px
>>52424855
>>
>>52424877
That's not what a retcon is.
It's mentioned in-game that their ship had troubles and its' arrival was delayed.
>>
>>52424856
Get UBW Archer from FSN or GO when it comes out. If you wait, get Fake Assassin from FSN, otherwise wait for a new Fate jump.
>>
>>52424877
Yeah, actually. Bioware did surveys at E3 and other conventions behind closed doors and apparently most players didn't give enough fucks about the Quarians for them to make it into the new game. Most popular race wanted back was Krogan or something.

I can try and find the source on that one though, I remember it being sketchy.
>>
>>52424871
You're not taking the whole thing into context then
For starters, It's SIXTY DOLLARS. For the exact same price you could get a ton of other, better games, also released this year, which AREN'T bug ridden pieces of shit that only have robots for characters (Even the game where the characters are literally all robots has them more human). Though I suppose it's LESS bad now since andromeda's only $45. A week after release.
>>
>>52424914
wow that's a pretty fast price plummet.
Wonder how low it'll be in a month.
>>
>>52424840
It's that absolutely amazing Quarian engineering at work.
>>
>>52424871
>In all seriousness though having watched some gameplay it isn't as bad as people are saying, not a good game to be sure but not the crime against humanity that people are claiming.
I want you to watch all of this (skip to 1:00 if you're impatient).
https://youtu.be/7KWkao73HuU
>>
>>52424933
In a month they'll be paying US to download it at this rate. I'll be buying as many copies as I can once it's discounted below $0!

This IS how math works, right?
>>
>>52424933
I don't think it's an "Official" price cut, but pretty much every online place not tied to some big corporation is selling it for less than 60
>>
>>52424831
I haven't pre-ordered anything since TW3, but you can be damn sure I won't be doing it at all anymore.

>>52424855
Haven't really kept up lately. Is that the thing with the cannibalistic Wall-e robots and the chick with the huge ass?
>>
>>52424957
Better, shorter: https://youtu.be/QDjci1ODoBs
>>
>>52424992
Yeah. It's actually really well written. Like, Better than most movies and a fair number of books. Also the soundtrack is the best this year. Period.
>>
>>52420302
Have a video on Sakura Sealing the Clow Cards and note how the Wild Cards act and how she invokes Cards under her control.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rU4NPjNra0

Also, ignore the Tomoko and her camera...or at least try to ignore it.
>>
>>52425015
Thanks dunkman
>>
>>52425030
>Not available in your country
>>
>>52425052
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>52425052
>he doesn't have a vpn
Caveman tier.
>>
>>52425021
Huh, well I'll check it out.
>>
>>52425062
America, where else?

>>52425063
Fuck you man, my cave is great.
>>
>>52425067
You won't regret it either, since the gameplay's made by the same guys that made Bayonetta (Also the character design's probably part them but Yoko Taro seems to have similar tastes)
>>
>>52425092
The fuck? It's working fine for me. Try going to youtube or something.
>>
>>52425101
>>52425067
This is the best way I've heard thoughts on Automata put together.
"Come for the android booty, stay because no one's allowed off of Yoko Taro's wild ride"
>>
File: What a guy.jpg (193KB, 1689x1303px) Image search: [Google]
What a guy.jpg
193KB, 1689x1303px
>>52425101
>Yoko Taro seems to have similar taste
Hell yeah, he does.
>>
>>52425133
Pretty much yeah. Prepare to cry, for the only good ending is the one where you quit after the first main one and specifically avoid places that talk about the game so you can never hear of it again.
Also, Iron pipe is best weapon, you get it by fishing in the sewers
>>
File: 60-crushingmace65.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
60-crushingmace65.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>52425133
>"Come for the android booty, stay because no one's allowed off of Yoko Taro's wild ride"
I love that man.
>>
>>52425144
Thank you masked jap
You are truly a hero among men and whatever the fuck emil is HE'S A MAN
>>
>>52425133
There was insufficient suffering of children for my tastes. I think someone was trying to get Taro to tone it down. It needed at least four times the suffering of children to properly be a Yoko Taro game.
>>
>>52425159
Reminder that 2B ends up killing 9S yet again in Ending D, due to being the sword A2 was using.
>>
>>52425052
>>52425092
Ooooookay, just search for Clow Card Captures on youtube, that might help. IDK, that's what I usually do when these shenanigans happen.
>>
>>52425192
But anon, WARNING, ACTUAL SPOILERS There are no children left, and haven't been any for like, 6000 years. Unless you count Eve
>>
>>52425210
He kinda deserved it at that point. And Killing 9S was LITERALLY 2E's job.
>>
>>52425227
Yeah, I know, that's why I think they had him tone it back. A proper Yoko Taro game would have had the only surviving humans be children, and then have them all die. Instead, the worst we get is when Pascal's orphanage of baby robots commit suicide due to learning the concept of fear for the first time, which is admittedly pretty bad but doesn't go far enough.
>>
>>52425239
I know, I just find it kind of funny and sad that 2B/2E ends up killing 9S yet again, despite the fact that she wanted to avoid hurting him again and even asked A2 to protect him. She just can't catch a break.
>>
>>52425252
Well the context of that scene DID also have all their robot parents turning into robot zombies and slaughtering most of the robot villagers, and pacifist uncle Pascal snapping and slaughtering a literal army's worth of machines by them self. Fuck that was depressing.
>>
>>52425192
>There was insufficient suffering of children for my tastes.
It's okay, REAL children are suffering now.
https://twitter.com/thedarkid/status/832749731369480192
>>
>>52425289
Thank you mini majora's mask moon man
>>
>>52425282
Yeah, it sure was! But I needed more. More suffering! My life force is sustained by sadness.

>>52425289
That does help, knowing The Dark Id's child will suffer as we suffered. Though honestly I didn't like his LP of Nier all that much. Because that was actually a good game, and he's at his most entertaining when playing a bad one.
>>
>>52425327
>that was actually a good game
It was a really good game. Excellent writing and atmosphere. But 100% completion, troll quests, and bad ending were the kind of hell only Yoko Taro could create.
>>
>>52425327
The side quests are WAY more important in this NieR though, which is good since other than a few (The racing one, father servo, the goddamn chasm, parade escort) they're all pretty easy. I actually had a good number of quests literally complete themselves since I had increased Item drop chips
>>
>>52425351
>Way more important
They are?
>>
>>52425361
Well You wouldn't really have a context for the whole "2B actually being 2E" thing it you didn't do that sidequest. And Emil's sidequest is pretty important too.
>>
>>52425350
Oh, sure, no denying that. But Nier made me enjoy the hell it put me through. And it made The Dark Id enjoy that hell. It gave him less to mock. Like, The 3rd Birthday was much more hellish than the worst Yoko Taro had ever made, but it's also a lot easier to make fun. So very, very easy. Oh god, that fucking game. If there's ever a Parasite Eve jump, "The 3rd Birthday is canon" needs to be the highest-paying drawback.
>>
>>52425350
I just got bored half way through the second play through, nothing interesting was being added and playing as 9S is boring as fuck.
>>
>>52425467

You didn't like hacking enemies and making them beat each other up?
>>
>>52425467
The second playthrough can be a bit of a bore but you get new stuff after the fight with moby dick, and the third playthrough is entirely new shit. I'd honestly suggest for 9S just ignoring most sidequests (Other than the one located int he building you first land on) and getting through his playthrough as fast as you can
>>
>>52425467
Just rush the second playthrough. If you're not doing sidequests, and there aren't really new ones in the 2nd run that aren't in the first, you can do the game pretty fast. Especially since hacking is pretty strong af and all the harder hacking games don't come around till after the second playthrough. It also, as long as you're just doing the main story stuff, regularly does skits and extra stuff or gives you the other side of events.
>>
>>52425477
It just doesn't hold up after an hour or so, I went from a pretty fun combat system based around light and heavy attacks to it being near useless because you can't use heavies anymore.

The replacement I am given is just playing 6,000 games of asteroid, half of which are so easy you don't even need to move.
>>
>>52425495
The hardest hacking game is actually a sidequest in pascal's villiage where you hack a bot who's LITERALLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED so he can swindle others into giving him more "Cash"
Also, I disagree since the one quest where you have to find out who killed that one android in the building you first land on's friend is important cause it adds context to later events
>>
>>52425519
Then just upgrade the iron pipe, equip a crit chip and beat the shit out of anyone with your dad-power infused pipe
>>
>>52425527
Personally dislike the idea of sidequests like that. Adding stuff to the world is great, having stuff important for the actual story in missable sidequests is not great.
>>
>>52425527
What's the name of that sidequest? Also the one important for the 2b/2e stuff? Missed those so I wanna look them up
>>
>>52425586
Well the whole "2B actually being 2E" thing is explained when it's brought up, but it's the difference between knowing EXACTLY what that means when it's said (Since you meet another E series unit and see what can happen to the poor bastards) and needing it to be explained to you. It adds more weight, but isn't strictly needed
>>
>>52425617
They're both in 9S' playthrough. I can't remember the names but the latter one is presented as a murder mystery, since a girl wants you to find out who killed her friend. Eventually after some talking and hacking, you find out that she's a YoRHa unit designed to hunt down and kill traitors and deserters. The unit in question then breaks mentally and explains that this isn't the first time she's had to erase her memories after killing a friend too many.
>>
111. Fire Emblem
Perks: Steal, Unstoppable, Vanish, Double Team, Slayer
Items: Energy Ring, Speedwing

We have one goal this jump: all the playable characters live. This is a no death playthrough. Important people here have a really bad habit of talking to each other about pointless shit on the battlefield, so all I have to do is look for people who choose their best friend based on who they fought next to.There's now a secret surprise ending to reward everyone for surviving where some random assassin can somehow destroy the soul of a demon and save Lyon from possession. Kind of an asspull, but eh, people love their happy endings.

I spent last jump as a raging asshole, so it's time to make amends. I'll start with my family, because they need to feel like they're the most important. So, Friday, Sunday, Wanda, and I will stay behind and rid Carcino of Grado influence, and have a weekly family picnic. I will try standard parent tactics and ply their affection with pointless gifts and shared experiences. They're still free to go about their own lives and I'm not going to smother them, but there is a lot of pressure for them to forgive me for the mean shit I ended up saying under the influence of the virus. And by pressure, I mean genuine sorrow. I even turned off my "everyone feels better and forgives me" perks. The other 5 of my companions are sent out to help Ephraim and Eirika and secure the survival of those characters. It's a tall order, but they manage through a mixture of centuries of experience, stand powers, and Kamehameha Waves.
>>
File: Majoras_Mask (1).pdf (182KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Majoras_Mask (1).pdf
182KB, 1x1px
Continued work.
>>
>>52426202
Oh hey, neat. Glad to see you're making progress on this, reading now.
>>
>>52425586
Then what do you like on your sidequests? Doing chores and self-contained stories?

They are a good place as any other to introduce new elements to their world or expand the main cast's backgrounds and personalities.

And I prefer a sidequest rather than having to listen to +5 hours of tapes and reading notes.
>>
>>52425282
Pascal is a guy.
>>
>>52426262
What? I just said I like them adding stuff to the world with sidequests. I only said, because I didn't understand what the anon was referring to, that I disliked the idea of putting important story stuff into optional things that can be easily missed.
>>
>>52426322
Read that post again. They called Pascal a "pacifist uncle", not "pacifist aunt".
>>
>>52419917
is that on the drive yet?
>>
>>52420137
five star, she had a whole lot of good meals from the planet

we also partied with guy fieri
>>
>>52426361
Yes, been up for a while.
>>
>>52420949
Its kinda bad when you forgot your power levels and turned a city into Man of Steel, it was the avengers jump and I had to mind wipe a whole lot of people to pin the blame on the cheater.

the sad part is hunting down people and killing them so they do not remember, it was supposed to be a mistake but things got ugly fast
>>
>>52426388
thanks, gotta find it uwu
>>
>>52424940
>Quarian1: howabout our ship gets delayed because "problems", so if any serious shit goes down the Pathfinders have time to clean up the mess before we arrive?
>Quarian2: works for me.
>>
>>52426402
>Its kinda bad when you forgot your power levels
How the fuck did you do that?
>>
>>52426441
That's probably went down.
You don't become Space Gypsies with shoddy engineering skills.
They just knew what was up and decided to hang back.
>>
>>52426462
It was early on, sometimes you forget that the setting on the first movie is more grounded and you have the tamaranean powerset and gained massive power from the startwars jump (taking EU), its fucking horrible man

you are punching leviathans too much that you forgot the falling buildings behind them or using wide angle plasma shots and incinerated civilians by proximity

at the end of the day you win but they brand you as a villain

:(
>>
>>52426462
Drawback, most likely?
>>
>>52426446
We can all agree that you're an incompetant buffoon who will try to unjustifiably start shit at the slightest provocation, so the only answer is: How many cocks has your mother sucked in her life, and does it exceed the breads you've eaten? That's not something {spoiler]grammer lol[/spoiler] that can be answered in one post, more of a long-term goal for the thread, but we have to start somewhere.

Since you've contravened both globals rules 3 (off-topic replies) and 6 (post quality) consistently and knowingly, it shouldn't be too hard get you permabanned behind whatever proxy you're using.

Sticking it to you, one ban at a time.
>>
>>52426446
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcSmlSok32g
>>
Based mods?
>>
>>52426322
I tend to use gender neutral terms for Pascal since their voice sounds VERY feminine
>>
What are some good "real" historical-type jumps? Besides Platoon and the Paradox Games jumps.
>>
Does anyone have the Dan VS jumpchain?
I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>52426630
Nah.
>>
>>52426614
Civilization, kinda
Total War.
>>
File: Dan Vs. JumpChain.pdf (272KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dan Vs. JumpChain.pdf
272KB, 1x1px
>>52426630
>>
>>52426522
Just for the sake of curiosity, what did he post that got him banned this time?
>>
>>52426756
You could always check 4plebs.
>>
>>52421745
>>52421535
He still is malicious with what he does to Tanya. There's "I made a relic that gives people power when they pray!" and there's "I'm going to mindrape you into using it and try to kill you at every turn so you HAVE to, while also causing you to black out and becoming a religious drone whenever you let your guard down!"
>>
File: PgE9lh3.png (909KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
PgE9lh3.png
909KB, 1366x768px
Managed to binge all the rest of Automata from when I last mentioned it. Think that just replaced my favourite game ever as number one.

Didn't hesitate for a second to say Yes, every single time. That one moment was worth all 50 hours of playtime and more.
>>
>>52423518
So am I, in addition to tons of other things. What's the issue?
>>
112. Fire Emblem
Identity: Soldier, Age: 12, Class: Dancer
Perks: Tactics, Discipline, Charm, Healtouch, Underdog, Tip The Scales, Support
Drawbacks: Where's My Axe?

Well, it turns out ten years is a hell of a long time, and I found time to make amends to the 15 or so people I actually care about in the last jump.

They keep calling me an idiot savant, but I prefer the term addled. It's not like I don't know how to tie my shoes. It's there. And I can reach down with my hands and... it gets lost sometimes. I don't need my sword when I can throw lightning, but the lightning goes and then I forget why I tossed it. But now the situation has changed, so it doesn't matter anymore. There are ten people around me, and I have to keep Jessica happy by dancing, and we keep each other safe. I have a lightning dance. Zap! And she is healed and moves super fast.

Jessica and Isabelle are around a lot, so I tell them nice things, and they smile. They make sure I don't fall off cliffs. Cliffs are a jumpers natural predator. That joke always makes them laugh. When enemies approach from the west, you can use a rising sun for a sneak attack, under the right conditions.
>>
Are Kamen Rider Blade and Kabuto finished? They're listed as versions 0.1 and 0.4, respectively.
>>
>>52424732
>Also apparently the make-up was set to "Whore" or "None"
Basically the type of woman who worked on this game doesn't understand that you're supposed to apply makeup LIGHTLY to enhance your features or hide blemishes. That's the most you should do unless you're a makeup artist and know how to completely change someone's face. Yet they cake that shit on as hard as they can, and end up looking uncanny or like drag queens.
>>
Jump #288: Gargoyles
>Ace of Swords, reversed: An excessive power abused. May suggest new ideas or information with dangerous implications.
>Age: 22
>Location: Castle Wyvern, Scotland, 992 A.D.
>Identity: Human
>Background: Big Business (-100)
>Drawbacks: Friendly Enemies (+200)
>Tech-Adapting (Free, Human)
Never hurts to be able to figure out how to operate odd technologies.
>Pragmatist (Free, Big Business)
Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...
>CEO (1000, Big Business)
Well... not a CEO in the 10th century, but useful abilities nonetheless.
>Illuminated (600)
A chance to get in on the ground floor with the Illuminati? Promising. Especially since it means I'm automatically in the Illuminati in future jumps3
>Xanatos Gambit (300, Big Business)
Anyone who doesn't get this perk is silly. There's a reason that it's called a Xanatos gambit.
>Loadsamoney (x2, Free Big Business)
$400,000 is not a lot, but it's enough. I assume, since this is pre-America Scotland, this means that I'll be taking this in forms OTHER than cash- you know what? No, screw that, I will definitely take it in the form of US currency. Non-sequential bills please.
>Phoenix Gate (0)
Being able to time travel ANYWHERE instead of the restrictions I have is a nice thing, even if it has to be self-consistent and avoid paradoxes. Sometimes it's nice to have a tool that guarantees paradox-free time travel as long as I don't throw the timeline off on purpose.

So. An immigrant to the castle a couple of years prior to the start of the show. I can work with that, however; all I need to do is simply... blend in for a couple of years, until everything begins. And for good measure, make nice with the gargoyles, because it would be silly to do otherwise. And when things do kick off... well, once the gargoyles are encased in stone, it's only reasonable that I ask for the same for myself. After all, if they ever unfreeze, they could use an ally. Theoretically.
>>
>>52427068
In practice, I'm going to be certain that I'm not anywhere that they would see me when things come about. (Otherwise, well, Demona would likely smash me in the interim.)

When I unfreeze, it's going to be a rather interesting turn of events; David Xanatos expects the gargoyles to return from stone, but I'm pretty certain that the statue of a man that he had placed in the foyer opposite the elevator is not expected to actually revert to normal, though he will doubtlessly notice its disappearance and the stone bits left behind.

Honestly from there it's a matter of blending in. I'm sure there would be a place depending on how genre savvy I pretend to be, but... honestly? It'll probably be more fun to pretend to be a quick learner, get back in touch with the Illuminati, compliment Xanatos' robots in the pilot episode and let him wonder how I knew of them (or what it even was) before continuing right along. And starting some mutual antagonism with his assistant, Owen, but only for the sake of our amusement.

Let the Gargoyles have their time in the spotlight. I'll be happy to blend in a bit. Pop up unexpectedly. Pop up at times just to be irritating when I have no right to even know what's going on, dressed for every occasion, whether I show up in gargoyle themed power armor, a police uniform, or a tuxedo when I crash the Xanatos' wedding. At his wedding I'll at least be kind enough to spoil what I'm doing, which is travelling around via phoenix gate. Hence despite being properly dressed I may be out of the loop at times.

Oh, and I don't care how much it might irritate some members of the Illuminati, I'm going to have the Quarrymen paraded in front of the news as crazed extremists, framed for destroying grave markers and statues, and ultimately frame them for planning to blow up a major landmark. And make sure the media gets them on camera saying that it's all the demons' fault. Because the Quarrymen are stupid. Really stupid. And they deserve what they get.
>>
>>52427073
>>52427068
Neat.
>>
>>52427127
I figure if I wanted to screw around with knowledge I simply cannot have without using outside power, claiming that I used the phoenix gate would be the way to do it. In all actuality I'm not REALLY using it, except for his wedding. At which point I'm just moving in space but not in time. But it's definitely enough to keep them guessing, and bluff them with the rest.
>>
GURPS Dungeon Fantasy
> Class: Mage
> Endless Lore [-400CP]
> Magery [Get a Freebie!]
> Incantations [Get a Freebie!]
> Dungeon Styles [-100CP]
> Stabilization [-100CP]
> Enchanter’s Guild [-200CP]
> Adept's Training [-200CP]
> Loadout [Get a Freebie!]

Y'know, I thought about, like, just taking over the dungeon and turning into some kind of mad wizard, you know, like the kind that adventurers stumble across living down there and acts as like a midboss battle? They're usually doing weird research or something?
But then I thought, "That's a lot of work..."

So instead I decided I'd just go all Spiral Knights on it and set up like checkpoints and shit as I got further down into dungeons. With golem sentries, and maybe beds and little covered areas so adventurers could take a break down there. With, like, maybe computer terminals and teleport systems to link them together.
And maybe I'll set up little golem-staffed shops at the dungeon entrances, with like guide booklets and healing potions, you know? And then I'll use the proceeds to fund my trips to the bar! And then I'll get REALLY DRUNK ALL THE TIME.

So that'll be my jump.
Wizard creates guard stations throughout the dungeons, uses them to facilitate research/bartering/tourism, then loses track of what she was doing and just gets really drunk.
Sounds like a fun time to me.
>>
>>52427269
is that in the wip

can only see gurps monster hunter on the drive

and good build
>>
>>52427373
It's still in the Uploads folder.
>>
>>52427386
thanks
>>
>>52426922
Solo Ending [E]?
>>
>>52427570
Naw, I died a lot there. But got to see one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a game because of it.
>>
Anima BeyondFantasyV.1.05
scenario:ending the infinite
gate of memories. +100 cut scenes are cool
familiar +100 yeah this is annoying
hideous +100 I've looked worse.
human free
warrior free
Ki user free for warrior
nemesis user free for warrior
legacy of blood: existence eater-100 discount for warrior nice trick
nemesis of others -300 discount for warrior and even nicer trick
Grandmaster: crafting -200 here we go
mighty -600 and I need this power.
Ryushushoku free for warrior
the plan:fortunately with my dimension Lord powers I can attack every way I can think of ludicrously hard, so the scenario isn't very difficult , as for what I'm actually going to do. I'm just going to do my usual founding and fighting, I need to come up with new material . This is getting stagnant...
>>
>>52427269
Is that jump done?
>>
File: Asd.gif (154KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Asd.gif
154KB, 500x283px
>>52428032
Tentatively done, yeah.

>>52394790
>>52394772
>>
>>52428213
Thanks!
>>
What magic would be best suited to recreate doctor stranges fractal world fuckery? please dont say mcu I want to be able to do similar effects without them being just illusions and I am looking for a good place to start.
>>
>>52428271
Enchantment, work out the effects then enchant an object to hold the spell, in this case a temporary fractal world you control, then overcast the fuck out of it while enchanting. Then add power as you go till you need it that way you dont need to waste mana in a fight to cast it.
>>
>>52428271

Well, it mostly is just illusions and a few bits of telekinesis, for all the good that the space-warping did.

Anyway, the jumps I know of that could emulate it:

Anima: Divine Magic is pretty bullshit.
Ar Tonelico: Non-canon effect, but fully within possibility (not actual space warping, but matter manipulation/creation).
Exalted: Get strong enough, and bringing the terrain into a Malfean-style city shell is theoretically possible.
Hero BBS: "Dr Strange-style Dimensional Magic" is a valid choice.
Touhou: I can't remember if it lets you have Komachi's distance-warping, but there are a couple of other effects that would be capable of it.
Worm: Vista's power isn't quite up to it, and has some weird logical flaws in how it operates, but is similar.
>>
>>52428271
You're probably going to have to combine systems. Take MtAw's Space magic and port it into a system that works by pouring mana in. Get the Overlord perk that lets you overcharge spells and you're golden.

Alternatives include making up a Hero BBS system, or making the mother of all Alteration spells with TES magic.
>>
>>52428271
>>52428388
>>52428376
>>52428379
>mother of all Alteration spells with TES magic

This guy gets it, use a mix of tes, hero bbs, and oveord, throw in master of magic for over time precasting.
>>
>>52428422
>>52428388
>>52428379
>>52428376
Thanks guys.
>>
File: 1486173965813.jpg (794KB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1486173965813.jpg
794KB, 1000x1415px
>>52428271
You mean you actually want to fold reality into a kaleidoscope of warped space to have spell-karate fights in?

Maybe Mage space magic...or movie X-Men omega-class spatial warping?

Another option (and I'm reaching here) is to use Dimension Lord from DC Occult to have a kaleidoscopic murderworld, since it's shaped to your will, you can just will it to be a city-sized area that seems like the real world around you until you stark fucking with people.
Then use some kind of dimensional breach spell (like Precipitate Complete Breach) to bring that dimension into the real world, or some kind of planar travel spell to drag your opponents into that one.
>>
Why do people keep saying hero BBS can give you any kind of magic? I Have been rereading the jump and I'm not seeing anything that remotely implies that.
>>
>>52428457
kaleidoscope murder world is cool, even if I can only make it work for like an hour at a time that would be enough to pull off some crazy bluffs. Or squish people.
>>
>>52428490
Because the manga the jump is based on has that happen a couple times. Hero mages are totally fuckoff powerful.

For instance forest sage finds out another hero is old before he becomes a hero, but the magic in thst world is piss poor. Forest sage completely rewrites the laws of magic to give oldguy hero a custom magic system that lets him beat the demon king.
>>
>>52428513
I read the comic Up to the meet up and I do not remember that happening......
>>
>>52428522
Then read it again. Because you missed a chapter. He even talks about it at the meetup iirc.
>>
>>52428513
The old dude who didn't know he was a hero and everyone was crazy exasperated over the whole thing?

That entire chapter was comedy gold.
>>
>>52428620
Yeah, he defended his farm for years with a rake, he was like "I should have suspected because I learn skills in a matter of days and killed lots of monsters"
>>
>>52428644
The best part was how he planned to beat the Demon King. Teleport in, gank, done.

Sadly, that world didn't have that magic, thank goodness for the Sage and his bullshit.
>>
>>52428490
It's because you can invent your own magic system for the world that you end up in as long as it's something that would mesh with fantasy. So it's become a popular jump for when you want a specific kind of magic that isn't offered by any of the existing jumps. It basically allows you to come up with anything as long as it's reasonable for a fantasy world, ranging from Vancian stuff to limited reality warping.
>>
>>52428670
To full on "Oops I looked at reality wrong and bent it."

>>52428666
I fucking love sage and his bullshit.
>>
>>52428690
>Oops I looked at reality wrong and bent it."
Bullshit. I refuse to believe that a silly little comment about RPG Heroes on an internet chat board has them tossing around that kind of power.
>>
>>52428823
Comic. Damn I need sleep.
>>
>>52428823
Sage did that once, but he's not a "silly little RPG hero." He's an RPG hero who's been in the post-game for 2 centuries, leveling-up and learning how to use all the game's exploits.
>>
>>52428848
I take it this sage guy is one of the settings heavy weights then?
>>
>>52428880
Nope. The Level 10 heroes are on another level even from him. Sage is a Level 8.
>>
>>52428880
Not really, some of the real old mages basically just exist doing whatever the fuck they want. One guy walks around accidentally making civilizations.
>>
>>52428880
He's a bit below the real heavyweights, who only show up for one chapter to shitpost amongst themselves, but he's not as far below as most others.
>>
>>52428903
I thought the fanon was that Sage was a low level 9, since he made a sword that turned a level 5 demon into a level 8.

The story really isn't that long though, and I think it's pretty good, so I'd totally recommend reading it if you want to know more.
>>
>>52428928
Nah, he mentioned it himself when the Level 10s were chilling on the board.
>>
>>52428905
This. The Level 10s are walking plot devices whose power levels have become so ridiculous that one of them is enough to casually shitstomp two creator gods capable of creating an entire planet. One of these creator gods fought against a level 8 Hero and deliberately threw the fight by lowering all of his defenses and standing there while the Hero wailed on him for years before he finally managed to whittle his HP down enough to technically count as a victory.
>>
What's the waifuability of skyward zelda?
>>
File: Massa.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Massa.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Any good perks/items if you want to be a slavemaster?
>>
>>52429518
She's taken.
So you're firmly in scumbag tier if you try.
>>
is there any good perk for making it so that you are not contagious as a werewolf?

>>52429551
what kind of slavemaster are you talking about anon? Just a few? A ton? How much free will do the slaves have? Are they completely free, but bound to you via magic or something? Or are they completely bound to your will?

It really depends on what you want. Personally, I would get a few perks like Accepted Cultural Norms out of Tenchi Muyo to make it so that people weren't constantly trying to free my slaves, and I would probably go with Thrallherd out of D&D for the slaves themselves (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/thrallherd.htm), as that is a good balance between the number of slaves, and the talent of them. I would pick up the perk whose name I can't remember that lets you train/improve people beyond what they normally would be able to.
>>
>>52429620
>I would pick up the perk whose name I can't remember that lets you train/improve people beyond what they normally would be able to.

I mean, really anything with this effect. You Do Your Master Proud out of Generic Xianxia would work for what I would use it for. The big issue is that the people from Thrallherd wouldn't follow you.
>>
>>52429620
gurps monster hunter has an item for that.
It's not perfect since you have to actually use it, but it's at least an option.
>>
>>52429551
>>52429620
>>52429627
Actually, I would probably pick up Best in the Buisiness out of Worm, as well, plus I would think about getting Coordinated Subordinates out of Victoria(it's an 800 cp perk, but if your people have free will, it would be nice to make them work together well)
>>
>>52429620
>what kind of slavemaster are you talking about anon?

classic plantation and forced labor type, I want my beasts to pick coffee

> Just a few?

a whole tribe

> A ton?

more in spices

> How much free will do the slaves have?

enough to know that they be free if they work hard enough to pay for independence

> Are they completely free, but bound to you via magic or something?

can be magic, but force is preferable

> Or are they completely bound to your will?

nah, I need emotional feedback not drones

>>52429652
nea4to
>>
>>52429717
Pretty much every xianxia setting has slave collars that can be used to kill the slave if they disobey, try to remove it, or think of harming master.
>>
>>52429778
Wasn't there a Final Fantasy jump with a really capable slave collar. There's been so many I can't remember which one.
>>
>>52429829
Should be FF6.
>>
Has Rowling ever said if other cultures use different languages for spells? Or is Latin supposed to be some magical proto-language that's the source of all magic?
>>
>>52429551
shove all of your slaves into Freeman morphs from eclipse phase.
Thread posts: 388
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.