[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 37

File: Dark Heresy Doom.jpg (70KB, 409x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Heresy Doom.jpg
70KB, 409x400px
Tumbling Down Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.10) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lfbawnl8buxaoc3

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyv56zze9m828d2

If playing a game set in the Great Crusade, is it better to have the players be all of the same Legion, or a set of diverse chucklefucks a la Knights Errant?
>>
>>50413286
Depends on the story to tell. I like all of the same legion since the legions were bigger and allowed for more diversity. However, if doing Istvaan or any multi-legion clusterfuck, then I recommend allowing them to play the appropriate legions.
>>
Do grenade launchers still follow the scatter rule?
>>
>>50414126
Any weapon with the blast quality does.
>>
>>50414126

if the grenade has the blast, yes
>>
>a player named their plague marine Magnus
I'm going to have so much fun with this
>>
>>50414757
>a bunch of lost and confused 1ksons begin following him
>>
First time poster, uh...is this the place where you request pdfs of 40K novels and codexes, or should I be somewhere else?

Please don't bite me.
>>
>>50414757
Was that intentional or did he seriously not know?
>>
>>50415050
No, that's the other general. >>50413598
This one's for the RPG.
>>
>>50415094
Ah, thank you very much.
>>
>>50414757
>>50414879
If I ever get the chance to play Deathwatch, I am totally going to play a Black Shield Librarian named Magnus...
>>
>>50415076
He's not a 40K player, so he probably has no idea.
>>
>>50414879
>>50414757
>in other news, confused furries in power armour have been found following tanks across the galaxy
Because no one before or after the primarchs ever shared a name, right?
>>
File: 1395952912805.jpg (120KB, 524x492px) Image search: [Google]
1395952912805.jpg
120KB, 524x492px
>>50415388

>"Hey, you're one of the new recruits, right? Welcome to the regiment. What's your name, son?"
>"Horus."
>>
>>50415388
Magnus is special, though, because through magical bullshit, he got himself fragmented into a bunch of pieces that wound up wandering the galaxy independently (and sometimes fighting each other).
>>
>>50415469
That would be similar to someone being named Kain or Judas.
>>
>>50415524
More like "Satan"
>>
>>50415469
>somewhere out there is a Flesh Tearer Marine named Angron
>he's resigned to staying away from the veteran marines because every time they hear shit like "Angron's getting pissed!" they start having flashbacks
>>
>>50415469
There have been plenty of Black Legionnaires who chose the name. Some of them haven't been wholly too overconfident they could live up to the name.

>>50415524
>>50415662
How often does the average person know it's called the Horus Heresy, anyway? Just because it's well known by the player base doesn't mean it's well known in setting, unless you're talking about people with access to forbidden lores.

>>50415495
And? It's still a name, right? If Magnus had turned his name into some kind of memetic parasite, then I'd be 100% like, "damn son, make them rethink that shit."
>>
>>50416596
If you're a damn chaos space marine, you've at least heard of some of it.
>>
Why is unaligned so much worse in Black Crusade? Seems they'd be good all-rounders to me.
>>
>>50416773

The gods of Chaos don't like fence sitters.
>>
>>50416721
Wow. That'd be why those are two separate points about entirely different groups, plus;
>Some of them haven't been wholly too overconfident they could live up to the name.
So no shit, Sherlock.
>>
>>50416904
>haven't been wholly too overconfident

You know this makes no sense, right?
>>
Going by the IG regiment generator on 1d4chan.

What is a "siege" regiment? Artillery is it's own thing.
>>
>>50416940
I can guess that you haven't made sense of it.
>>
>>50416969
Trench digging and front line sitting.
>>
>>50416845
b-but abbydon
>>
>>50417055

Well I'm sure what you meant to post was either
>have been too overconfident
or
>haven't been too confident

Because as it stands you essentially said
>they weren't overconfident
So...they were appropriately confident, then?

Is English not your first language?
>>
>>50416596
This raises an issue. Does the average citizen know about the HH? If Emp is a god and gods are infallible, does the Ministorum even mention Emp's biggest failure?
>>
>>50417086
Nope, I wrote precisely what I meant.
>>
>>50417174
>Nope, I meant to write something nonsensical

Ok, glad we cleared that up.
>>
>>50417183
We certainly did clear up something.
>>
>>50417153
Most of them who know anything about the past of the Imperium know about the Great Betrayer, Horus.
Who in arrogance and hatred at his father rebelled and attempted to burn the Imperium to ground.
And how the Emperor smote him low for the good of mankind.
>>
>>50417153
>Does the average citizen know about the HH?
No, it's a Forbidden Lore.
>>
>>50414290
>>50414291
Fortunately, in DH2e, scatter is only 1d5m, so you will likely still slap your initial target.
>>
>>50417266
I'm sure a great many know how the emperor cast down a great evil at the end of the crusades, and was placed on the golden throne, but I doubt even a fraction know about the truth of the traitor legions, let alone that the evil was the warmaster horus.
>>
>>50417300
The truth about the Traitor Legions is doubtless forbidden knowledge.
However I wouldn't doubt that they would put a name to the greatest Heretic who ever lived.

Horus.
He who betrayed Mankind.
>>
>>50417153
The feast of the Emperor's Ascension is the Imperium's equivalent to Christmas and commemorates when Emp got put on the Golden Throne and became a god.
I'm assuming the story includes the reason he got put on the throne.
>>
>>50417294
It has been like that since 1e.
>>
>>50417061
So what happens when their specialization is guerille warfare? Particularly, from a hive world that on top of that had urban as it's most predominant terrain?

Sneaky Vietcong hive tunneling?
>>
I really feel like I jumped the shark in my Rogue Trader game.
Like, I'm not worried by presenting ridiculous shit, because the whole setting is ridiculous. But what I gave my players was pretty fucking silly and somewhat lore-raping.

Do I just run with it and accept that shit's going to get silly? I probably shouldn't retcon, that feels bad for both me and the players.

I'm really just winding myself up because it was a pretty rookie mistake in terms of presenting an encounter to the party. It was also inadvertently railroady, but mostly because I chose not to stick to my plans.
>>
>>50417332

Then they get sent into a type of war for which they're ill suited. The overall battlefield commanders will decide if the regiment gets to do anything that takes advantage of their equipment or training, or if they'll just get tossed into the meat grinder.

Happens all the time. Catachans get garrison duty while Kriegsmen get to hunt Eldar through a swamp.
>>
>>50417365
>But what I gave my players was pretty fucking silly and somewhat lore-raping.

Details?
>>
What are your best Deathwatch stories? I need inspiration.
>>
>>50417383
I threw an encounter at them which was basically a ship from the first human expansions into space about 37,000 years ago. Was based on some Event Horizon concept art. The ship claimed to have some crew in stasis.
Then they dicked around and pissed the ship off enough until they activated a War a.i. and then the ship fucked off.

Unsatisfying for me because I should have just stuck to my first ideas about the ship already being infected by daemons, and unsatisfying for the players because a whole session was spent with no real result except for a little bit of combat.
Oh yeah and they contacted the inquisition so now the Traders have this problem to deal with.

i'm gonna fuck you up [cb]
>>
>>50417329
I thought it was 1d10+DoS in 1e?
>>
File: 1e scatter.png (515KB, 998x853px) Image search: [Google]
1e scatter.png
515KB, 998x853px
>>50417495
Nope. You might be thinking of some other thing of something else like the Indirect quality.
>>
>>50417485
Don't retcon shit, because the players are the ones who are responsible for what happened.
Just backburner it. They can't find the ship, it shows up nowhere, etc.
Then, when they are having a bad moment, BAM, daemons in your shit.
Or better, when they are traversing the Warp, RAMMING SPEED BITCH.
>>50417512
Oops.
I owe mike an apology, but I'll never see him again.
>>
>>50417332
Guerrilla and Siege are two separate regiment training doctrines.
>>
File: 1465706839103.jpg (95KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
1465706839103.jpg
95KB, 600x612px
>GM has us run into EVE Online ships
>Our ships instantly obliterated from further away than we can fight back at
>We barely escape with one player dead

I feel like the GM wants the game to end
>>
File: 1535141.jpg (185KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1535141.jpg
185KB, 1191x670px
Runty hive ganger scum and possibly mutant that mostly excels going fast, shooting, being a little sneaky maybe, and being a cheeky cunt.

When juggling aptitudes, apart from all the usual ballistic skill, agility, finesse, fieldcraft, defence and likely also perception, I'll probably have an aptitude or two left if I skip perception. So what should I pick up for the last one?

WS or offence to throw down in CC if need be, toughness to be a surprisingly tough cookie, tech for a little bit more craftiness, or do I dump perception for a social+fellowship combo and apply actual game mechanics to being a smart mouth?

Leaning a bit towards toughness or social combat at the expense of perception atm.
>>
>>50418357
I have yet to be in a game where vehicles actually played a part outside being disposable, unfortunately, but I've had a wheelman in the works for a long time.
Don't worry about WS, because you can pistol shoot in melee, so go full John Wick if you are in CC.
Only go face if there are no other talky fucks, because mutant will work against you socially too damn hard.
>>
>>50418404
Cool, thanks, down to a choice between toughness or perception and sure kill or move and shoot.
>>
>>50418357
Depending on your Agility+Dodge and WS+Parry compare, a single rank in parry with a best-quality shield would help against attacks in close combat as you'd get an effective +25 to parry attempts.
>>
>>50418622
Take perception, get yourself a fucking auspex.
Lead room clearing with a good autopistol, and keep a rifle, preferably las, on your back.
You'd be served taking operate skills anyway, being the driver need not be a dedicated thing.
>>50418688
He isn't a breacher, man, he's a runnin', gunnin' pistolero. I prefer to play DH like it's Shadowrun, helps players understand the mindset.
If he is in melee, he either fucked up or the teams beatstick isn't doing their fucking job.
>>
>>50417485
The War AI activated, right?

And surely, a war AI is much more susceptible to the whispers of Daemons.

And it has some delicious, unspoiled humans whose souls it can trade for Power.
>>
>>50415469
>planet liberated by the Lunar Wolves during the Great Crusade
>every child is named Horus.
>warp storm, planet is isolated from the Imperium for a few millenia
>Horus Heresy takes place.
>warp stom disappears
>ork waaagh on the planet is repelled by the valiant general Horus DeBussy, which at this point as become a very old fashioned first name
>every child is named Horus, again.
>Rogue Trader rediscovers the planet, they join the Imperium.
>First IG regiment as part of the tithe.
>What's your name son?
>Horus, commissar sir. After the great hero.

Btw, isn't the Horus Heresy and existence of CSM supposed to be censored?
>>
>>50419453
The average person would likely know that the Emperor had a number of sons (20 or 18, depending) and the greatest of them, Horus, betrayed the Emperor and caused the great heresy.

Which is why every citizen needs to be wary, for even the greatest of the Imperium is capable of dangerous thoughts and dark deeds.

'cept the Inquisition, they're all cool and you should totally do what they say at all times.
>>
>>50419584
It's only my point of view, but I think traitors work in christian religion because all humans are sinners and God is a forgiving one. But in the imperial creed, where the human form is perfect, and everyone is at the right place, and the most important thing is not to make waves, not so much.
Wouldn't it send a bad message that one of the highest beings in the imperium rebelled and actually achieved something ("the great heresy" has a certain flair, after all)? It could give some ideas to unsatified people.

Horus was found lacking and so the Emprah struck him down? Sure.
Horus rebelled against his father? Meh.

/autistic rant
>>
Why does the 2nd ed DH book bother describing the "Lance" weapon quality and then not actually have any weapons with it? It's not even in the supplement books either?
>>
>>50420829
The dark eldar in Enemies Without have weapons with the lance quality as does the Keeper of Secrets in Enemies Beyond.
>>
>>50416773
A big fluff re-shift that happened around the time Daemons got their own codex.
Undivided used to be a legitimate faction, servants of lesser gods and those that worship chaos as a pantheon and bind together disparate forces for the glory of Chaos.
Then GW decided there should just be the big 4 and no one except Abaddon should do the undivided schtick.
Personally, I'm not a huge fan, as I feel like old fluff gave more options and made it clear that Abaddon didn't have the Mark of Chaos Undivided, but the Mark of all the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>50419766
Probably changed it do "demons and Chaos possessed Horus and made him rebel" or something. Give internal subversion an appearance of outside influence.
>>
A how are noise marines in BC?
I wanna play a marine dedicated to slaanesh but it seems they are made for social and dodging
Can I make a good heavy gunner out of noise marine or just roll a champion?
>>
>>50421537
They're pretty shooty and also good at not being surprised due to all the bonuses they get toward hearing.
>>
>>50419453

This is where the setting's antibodies against change kick in. The planet would be purged, its original inhabitants erased from history, and new colonists imported to make Hive World #548967. Status quo preserved.
>>
>>50422067
nah, the number of people named Horus would spontaneously make the warp shit out deamons for no other reason than that and then it would be purged, etc.
>>
File: nanados.gif (141KB, 710x370px) Image search: [Google]
nanados.gif
141KB, 710x370px
>>50413286
So, for DH 2 i made a custom role, and wanted some feed back:
Shaman WP, Per, Int, Knowlage, Feildcraft
Resistance (fear)/Jaded
May buy psynessience and counts as having 2 apps for it. When rolling for cor/ins may re-roll the dice. Second result stands

what do you guys think
>>
File: Exterminatus.jpg (94KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Exterminatus.jpg
94KB, 1024x768px
>>50413286
How would you fluff a Forgeworld that specializes in making Exterminatus weapons?

I was thinking of making an investigation focused around one such planet. My idea was for the populace to be very dour and depressing, seeing their work as un-honorable. Taking some inspiration from the reactions pf the guys who made the atomic bomb to its eventual detonation.

Also, would it be reasonable to say that such a planet's true purpose would be such an incredible well kept secret? Was going to have the party start in the dark about what the planet makes, with anyone they ask responding with just "munitions."
>>
>>50419584
From what I have understood about the 40k world, the higher ups hide the entire horus heresy. It was 10k years ago, so thats not too hard. In my understanding they hide it because they don't want to make themselves look bad. Imagine if they knew the angels of the Emp' could go bad and fuck their shit. This is implying they know dick all about space marines in the first place. I imagine the average citizen knows "The Emperor is a god who keeps us safe, I need to love him or bad things happen. Mutants and heretics are bad people and we should shun or kill them."
>>
>>50424308
Probably an ancient world with ties to the Ordo Reductor, or other militant sect of the Cult Mechanicus. An exteminatus forge world would keep that shit on lock down, because that paints a big fucking target on their back for anyone who wants to fuck shit up. They'd probably be more well known for their hardcore Titan legion, because they'd have to have top defenses even with the secrecy thing. The common people wouldn't know, they just think they produce munitions for Titans or some the Naval fleets.
>>
File: Man with No Name.jpg (87KB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
Man with No Name.jpg
87KB, 1280x533px
>>50424822
Sounds good. I'll probably keep the "munitions" bit to the higher ups who really know what's going on.

Interaction with Titan legion members could be fun. I imagine most Princeps and Moderati look down on humans and act all high and mighty. Could see a clash of egos with the Inquisition.

Next point: Inquisitor based off of a wild west bounty hunter ala The Man with No Name, good idea or bad idea?
>>
My group is going to try out BC in two weeks. The way our gm does games he has us draw straws linked to a general aspect of character creation to provoke inspiration. In this case it's race, and I drew one of the two space marines.

The others have all finished their sheets already and the lineup so far fits classical architypes. Face, psyker, tech priest, and the combat monster. This gives me some wiggle room to do whatever with my marine, just don't know what yet.

The idea I have is he's in some way prefers more mobile tactics then regular CSMs, but I didn't want to do a straightforward meleeing Raptor. Anyone got any interesting fluff or original ideas that could suit him? Related note, were those bikes sometimes used by marines ever statted?
>>
Ok so I need a little help figuring this shit out.
The Interrogation entry on Only war says:
>Interrogation is always an Opposed Test, pitting the character’s Intimidation Skill against an opponent’s Willpower.
>Intimidation skill

I checked the errata and there was no revision. So if its just an opposed intimidate check whats the point of actually putting points into interrogation?
>>
>>50425693
Be D-D-D-D-DOOOOOOMRIDER!
Just be a csm version of Roxo the clown
>>
>The Fenris system of the Space Wolves is ravaged by Daemons, the Inquisition are purging the citizens of Fenris with Logan Grimnar's blessing, while Midgardia is destroyed, left a plague-meteor storm.
>The Dark Angels' secret is out, everyone knows about the Fallen now.
>The Planet of the Sorcerors of the 1kSons is now in realspace, shitting warp everywhere
>The ENTIRE Space Wolves fleet is destroyed, the few remaining Space Wolves hitching a ride with the DA to Cadia.
>ALL the Daemon Primarchs are awake and joined the Black Crusade on Cadia.
>The Sisters of Silence were literally held in the Emperor's basement, they're let out now due to the Primarch problems.

FFG's books take place about 200 years before the current clusterfuck, but if you're playing a "modern" game, how will this affect your game?
>>
>>50426142
Intimidate is mean charm
Intetgogation is used for information
Both strait foreward and subtlety
Also how does plague marine square up?
Just as melee tank or heavy gunner?
>>
>>50424308
I woudl expect arbites everywhere, so that no dangerous component is smuggled out of the system. Customs monitors checking every bolt of approaching ships, and stasi-like intel networks.
And the techpriests probably have a bigger stick in their ass than on other forgeworlds. The security protocols to ensure that no error makes the planet implode must be tremendous.
Maybe compartimentized production? Manufactoria A produces one piece, manufactoria B another, Manufactoria recieve unlabelled crates where they have to assemble component B and component A, and so on. that way nobody ever knows how to make the weapon (or even how it looks like and what iits purpose is).
>>
File: 1460247608735.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1460247608735.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
>>50426200
>>
>>50426142
I would play it as intimidate skill would be used for like "where is the key?" "what's the passcode?" while interrogate would be "outline your battle plans" and "draw a map including all defenses to the grimdark mcguffin of power"

Its about immediacy, intimidate gets you a phrase, or an action maybe (run away or something) while interrogate gives you an hour + of detailed info.
>>
>>50426142
It seems to me that it's a typo.
In RT it's Interrogation skill vs. WP.
>>
>>50426292
>>50426326
Yeah seems like a typo. Maybe they stopped support before they could discover it and errata it.
>>
File: Pupper in the snow.webm (1005KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pupper in the snow.webm
1005KB, 360x360px
>>50426181

There's gonna be one sad doggo-nought when he finds out. He's already got a deathwish, this might push him over.
>>
>>50426573
Why do puppies have to grow up?
>>
>>50426636
For to make more pupper
>>
File: Sleeping Puppers.gif (978KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping Puppers.gif
978KB, 500x375px
>>50426636

This is the way things are.
>>
>>50426181

what the fuck

what did GW do

They just destroyed the whole reason for SW and DA existing
>>
Does anyone have a Rogue Trader Faith and Coin non-scan PDF? Is it even worthwhile to grab it?
>>
>>50427641
Nope, but someone put up an indexed scan in a previous thread.
>>
>>50427672
You got a link, friendo?
>>
>>50400386
Depends on whether you're talking pbp or something like skype or discord.
>>
>>50427718
>>50341621

I'm not your friendo, pally.
>>
So is it just me or does the Sergent's aptitudes in OW not synergies AT ALL?
>>
>>50427844
Maybe. Would you like to provide any information that supports your opinion?
>>
>>50428055
Is there any way to make a heretek that acquires the obliterator virus over the course of an RT game?
>>
>>50428659
Sure. You can speak with your GM.
>>
So when's End Times here
>>
>>50428720
For a newish group to the system, is there anything to actually base it off of or a source for it in books?
>>
>>50428787
Tomb of decay
>>
>>50428055
You're ostensibly a social character but you can't get any social skills for cheap, other than command but leadership is one of the worst aptitudes in the game. You are ostensibly a melee character but you can't acquire any melee skills on the cheap as you lack both agility and finesse. You should be able to get knowledges, but without fieldcraft you can't get them cheaply. You sure as fuck can't shoot well as you lack offense and ballistic skill.

With his aptitudes you can pick up pParry, extra wounds, and the command skill for cheap. And that's it. So you are a vaguely hard to kill guy (except against shooting) who can command people.

It offers very little incentive for a player since a Commissar or Munitorum Priest will do better in every way, the only bonus is your squad should probably have a PC sergeant to allow for some player agency.
>>
>>50428741

It has already begun, see >>50426181
>>
File: 1400141964363.jpg (45KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1400141964363.jpg
45KB, 500x565px
>>50416845
...which is wasted potential in my opinion.
>>
I know crazy psyker prophets are a thing in 40k, but does the Imperium use them, or are they like chaos only?
>>
>>50420932
>Then GW decided there should just be the big 4 and no one except Abaddon should do the undivided schtick.
It's dumb, my group just house-ruled the mark back in.
>>
>>50430087
The Emperor's Tarot is the only sort of prognostication that is sanctioned by the Imperium. And inquisitor (I think it was Ravenor) said he thought this was possibly the biggest weakness in the Imperium.

Then again the Eldar use extensive divination and look where that's got them.
>>
>Only a passive interest in 40k stuff
>GM tells us he wants to run Rogue Trader, was my first introduction to the world
>GM gets a new job and needs to cancel all of his project
>New GM wants to run Only War
>New GM disappears off the surface of the planet, literally can't track him anymore
>The closest thing I've had to a Dark Heresy game was an Adeptus Evangelion game that lasted 3-4 sessions

I want to discover the wonderful cheery bubblegum world of 40k but I feel cockblocked whenever I do.
>>
How well does your party actually know the rules of the game they're playing?
>>
>>50432598
Pretty good, The trick is that we kick people out when it becomes apparent that they clearly did not put effort into learning the game.

We do not demand memorization but we do ask people to read the book from start to finish around a week before their first session, that way they at least know where to look. Its also understandable to still remain clueless during your first game even if you read the book, but eyebrows start getting raised when its your third session and you still don't know how your own gun works.
>>
File: IMG_4092.jpg (61KB, 472x329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4092.jpg
61KB, 472x329px
What would you guys recommend for an Dark Heresy adventure that takes place in a single ~4 session, but with an established party? Possibly last session of the year so I want to finish it quick, but I'm lacking ideas. Not really enough time for a mystery or adventure, but i'd like them to feel some sense of completion.
>>
>>50413286
Help me make my Inquisitor, guys. just throw some ideas at me.
>born into a serf clan of Malfi
>never knew his parents. secretly has noble blood, mother was a comfort girl
>thinking of giving him the tainted blood of Malfi to create some conflict.
>highly intelligent and cunning, but physically inept and vulnerable spiritually. don't know how high i should stat him in this regard.
>adherent of the recongregator doctrine. believes the aristocratic echelons are decrepit and inept. has great respect for the adeptus, however, and loathes the enemies of mankind.
>Don't know what to name him.
>>
>>50426661
>>50426573
fucking spoiler that shit, man
>>
Earlier troubled GM here.

I've just decided to drop the unsatisfactory plot line for the moment. I have a few ideas for some Star Trek style encounter of the week stuff to keep them engaged, but I'm also going to take it easy on them for a couple of weeks. Give them a couple of tangible benefits, let them make some real progress in terms of profit factor and acquisition rolls. Hopefully aim the sessions more towards character development and worldbuilding. They have unfinished goals and clear things they can work towards, and problems which they haven't really seen.
Like they've just bought a promethium refinery in an asteroid belt but they haven't got any tanker vessels to transport the promethium. They also have the Inquisition to talk to, as well as a whole forge world full of potential heresy.
Also; none of the information they have been given so far makes any damn sense, They have endless plot hooks there.

Then bam, motherfucking daemons.

I have no point I have just been drinking and putting together stat blocks for npc's and encounters. /blog
>>
>>50428994
I think you are misunderstanding what a jack of all trades pc is, anon.
You want a minmaxed character that is good at x. A sarge can be built up to do xyz, because a sarge has to be able to do more than x to earn his spot.
>>
>>50423566
What is this trying to accomplish?
A role has a point that it is trying to represent an ideal, what is this?
>>
File: hive_city_by_jabjab101-d72siq1.jpg (512KB, 908x680px) Image search: [Google]
hive_city_by_jabjab101-d72siq1.jpg
512KB, 908x680px
Tell me about vehicles in dark heresy 2e, Do you use or encounter them a lot in your sessions or is it just transport from point A to B? I'm joining my first group for this system soon and wondering how i would go about acquiring for instance a car.

Is it simple influence check to see what i can "afford" or try and hotwire something on the street if the situation is dire enough?
>>
>>50433444
An influence check for a car to own, but use the services table if you're being driven from point a to point b.
>>
>>50433444
play dark heresy but just switch to gorkamorka without telling your players
>>
>>50430136
It's gotten them to stay alive for thousands of years past the point where their civilization was eaten by Slaanesh?
>>
In DH2E, is it wise to create a melee specialist? Knowing the lore, my knee-jerk reaction is that you should stay away from melee if you're not a space marine or better, which excludes the cast of a DH2E game.
>>
>>50433661

Melee will happen, if you have someone specialized in it he will get into it easily and can either be good at parrying or dodging despite not being a space marine. Even if you stand at range you will most likely get those who bumrush you so a melee weapon as backup might be good (or a pistol for melee shooting)

It all depends on your kind of character, a feral or death world guy might not have had access to that much range weaponry so melee is what you had at hand and got good at. Hive worlds are cramped and guns aren't cheap despite some being shit so you gotta whack someone in melee as well.
>>
>>50433661
With the right talents, role, and bckground/homeworld you can become an incredibly deadly melee combatant. Hell a competent player/character with a chaindagger can be absolutely devastating.
>>
>>50433444
Getting an autocarriage is as simple as an influence check.
As for vehicles, it is... not great. Unless you are in a city for a decent amount of time, having a vehicle isn't that worthwhile, unless it's a flyer like an arvus lighter.
>>50433661
This isn't OW, you won't generally be up against piles of dudes with guns. Every warband should have at least one person strong in CC, but remember that even then, you can use a pistol in CC, so gunkataing a fucker is always an option.
I am currently rolling with a feral worlder who uses a long sabre, composite bow, and laspistol as a backup, and it's damn good. My first pc used a greatweapon and murdered dudes all day, ended up getting killed by a space siberian tiger.
I miss him sometimes.
>>
>>50433790
>Unless you are in a city for a decent amount of time

Right now were spending most our time in a hive, just wondered if it were good to have a escape vehicle of our own.

>having a vehicle isn't that worthwhile

That's a damn shame though, i was getting exited for the ace role and all, at least i can shoot and hit things i guess.
>>
>>50433830
>spending most our time in a hive
You have an excellent reason to possess and maintain a ride, then.
Having a vehicle is only a issue if you are city/planet hopping. If you know you are in a single place for a long period, get a car, uparmor it.
The Ace role allows you to drive, shoot, AND do your own vehicle repairs. My GM ruled the the Frontier World bonus counts for personal mods to vehicles, so I ended up making a technical that we used to break a siege.
Just don't expect it to come up all the time, and realize civilian vehicles are FAR squishier than you think.
>>
>>50433661
If you're going to make a melee dude, at least have a ranged weapon. Even something like a forearm mounted pistol can be immensely useful.

>>50433830
The ace role does have Finesse which makes it more useful than it first appears.
>>
>>50433830
>That's a damn shame though, i was getting exited for the ace role and all, at least i can shoot and hit things i guess.
That doesn't mean having a vehicle on hand isn't useful - just that putting down cold hard currency for one can be wasted effort when you leave, unless you can take it with you.
>>
>>50433974
*to permanently own one
>>
>>50432775
>Don't know what to name him.

Malfi is, like a bit vaguely Italian, is it not? The name definitely makes me think of mafia. Give him a faux-italian name, like iunno, Iosepho Malcotti
>>
>>50432775
>>50434066
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Duchess_of_Malfi
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Malfi
>>
>>50432773
>in a single ~4 session
Nigga, are you saying 1 to 4 sessions? Speak clearly.

Anyway, if there's no time for mystery then have them accompany Redemptionists into the Underhive to burn mutants. Makes for a fun simple romp.
>>
>>50434153
I was right about the Italian influence
>>
Ok so weird question about only war.
Since specialist equipment is provided before deployment, can the specialist choose from his list of equipment options every time he is deployed?

For example, can a weapon spec pick the plasma gun one mission and go shotgun on the other? Or is this one of those things where the choice is permanent after selection?
>>
Tell us all, dear anon. How does it feel being triggered by people pointing out you are still obsessed with badly written series for kids between 8 to 13, while being 25?

Or just obsessing yourself with eternal childhood, because the real world is such a scary and nasty place full of those pesky responsibilties. Deadful, dreaful!
>>
>>50416482
I kek'd
>>
>>50415320
You NEED to fuck with him.
>>
>>50435280
Permanent.
>>
>>50426181
OK, this is MEGAguy, I've been incommunicado for a bit.

WHAT THE FUCK DID GW DO? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

BTW, is everything still good with the MEGA? No further issues so far?
>>
>>50413286

I'm in the very preliminary stages of sketching out a DH adventure, and I had a question about feudal worlds; is there any sort of impetus to keep them as feudal worlds, or is it just a kind of "nah, not worth the effort of developing"?

Because I was at least thinking for some background conflict:

>Have feudal world off somewhere
>Probably akin to 15th-16th century real life tech and social development of Western Europe being the more common sort of milieu, but not entirely set on this.
>Some sort of trouble erupts, maybe Tau, maybe Orks, but right now I'm thinking Genestealer infestation.
>Something that would cause a response by the rest of the Imperium, but a relatively lackadaisical one, sending in a bunch of IG, not much more than that.

Because, I very much doubt that they're going to specifically retrain the guardsmen to fight with halberds and arquebuses, they'll just send in whomever is closest and available, and that probably means dudes with lasguns. And THAT, especially if the campaign is protracted, means that you suddenly have people exposed to futuristic levels of tech, assuming they don't just wipe out the population and re-settle.

Is there any lore material about the subject of what happens when feudal worlds come into contact with the more advanced cultures of the IoM?
>>
>>50432209
I feel your pain. My local group has beasically shut me down everytime I brought it up, to the point that I just said fuck it and left. I'm moving next summer anyways, so here's to a fresh start.
>>
>>50435710
>WHAT THE FUCK DID GW DO?
Basically sign the Space Wolves death sentence.
I thought, with all the SW hate, that people would have been cheering for this outcome?
I mean, Magnus HAS WON. At worst, he has doomed the SW chapter, period, to death.
At best, he can literally go back for a second go if he feels like it, and finish the job.
>>
>>50435766
Believe me, if there's a Traitor Primarch that I actually like, its the One-Eyed Nerd. I'm just a little surprised I came back to this.

I'm more concerned about everyone knowing about the Fallen. The =][= now has a reason to throw the book at the DA.

I always thought if I was going to ever do a giant, campaign-ending clusterfuck, I'd steal TTS or Emperahesque to do it.

Never imagined I'd have the opportunity to use canon for that purpose.
>>
>>50435739
>is there any sort of impetus to keep them as feudal worlds, or is it just a kind of "nah, not worth the effort of developing"?
Generally, the world provides something that the Imperium needs, and unless necessary, populations aren't brought up technologically unless it provides a benefit.
>>
>>50435901

But there's always a benefit. Greater access to "normal" IoM tech means higher populations, more tithes, maybe even some shipbuilding or heavy industry that can be used to help another planet somewhere else.
>>
>>50435962
Only to a point. Feral world populations make for hardy warriors for the guard, and are used for such purpose.
The head group of the world will be given material enough to secure their dominance, but like you said, it's not worth the effort to bring an entire world up, but it is enough to make them useful in some fashion.
Ad bodies are the most useful there is.
>>
So, MEGAguy is wondering about two things.

One, anyone here live in Nova Scotia, Canada? Specifically in the Annapolis Valley region? Its a bit of a long shot, but I thought I'd ask.

Second, I've had this idea rolling around in my head where a later-game BBEG the party encounters would have an obsession with the old Solar Auxillia units, and would have collected their armour and weapons, and that would be the reward after they kill him/her/it. What's a good point to do this at, and would the armour just count as Best-craftsmanship Carapce with void-sealing and a few other goodies?
>>
File: Coven Limos.jpg (50KB, 691x308px) Image search: [Google]
Coven Limos.jpg
50KB, 691x308px
>>50433444
I currently have a party member who uses the Trike from Enemies Without quite a bit. Bikes and the like seem most usable, though I could see things like Sentinels coming in handy.

It also is good to make stuff up for the bike person that's fun for everyone else. I had an extended chase scene between the trike and a Genestealer hover limo, with the party members shooting at the limo and even jumping from one vehicle to the other. It was the highlight of the trike's driver for the campaign.
>>
>>50436043
After so much time since the Heresy, I'd count it as good quality with more than the standard 4 bells and whistles.
>>
>>50436043

Solar Auxilia gear is in The Fringe is Yours, actually.
>>
File: why this.jpg (82KB, 606x622px) Image search: [Google]
why this.jpg
82KB, 606x622px
>>50436906

How?

Literally how?

How is it that, every single time something is asked to be statted, no matter how exotic and bizarre it is, how is the answer ALWAYS the Fringe books?

It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>50436906
Void Armour, right?

Yeah, this'll do nicely...
>>
In RT, is there any way to add Storm to a weapon other than being an ork?
>>
>>50417989
>>GM has us run into EVE Online ships
elaborate
>>
>>50435766
Are the retarded bro? This is obviously a set up for a SW comeback with Russ himself at the helm.

They need a good plot reason for the Imperial Primarchs to return, and this is it.
>>
>>50437303

The primarchs returning is the ultimate death knell to Your Dudes. What's the point of your actions when literal supermen are running about now?
>>
>>50437380
GW hasn't given a shit about Your Dudes for years. They want to push models, and bringing shit from Apoc and 30k into the normal game is their way of doing this.
>>
>>50437179
Tests to modify things.
Talk to your gm.
>>
>>50437380
What stops your dudes from being yours?
The basic set up of chapters means you can still have your ideas be what they are, seeing as they are 10k years divorced from the legions.
>>
>>50438441

Because now that the primarchs are back in 40k, things like Last Wall, First Legion, etc will kick in and subsume your shit into official sanctioned Legions again.
>>
How to create a custodes?
>>
>>50438629
For what reason do you need a custodes in any of 40kRPG?
>>
>>50438579
At what point?
There are no legions, and unless your dudes are first founding, it has no real impact on your fluff.
Is GW going to kick your door in and tell you to play it right? Do you think the traitor warbands are all of a sudden going to change because their primarches have returned?
No, anon, you are being needlessly alarmist and cynical for no real reason. Tell me, will the Silver Skulls become traitors now that Perty is returning?
Did the Blood Ravens immediately fall under Magnus' sway?
>>50438629
Talk to the Emperor, he might (won't) tell you.
>>
>>50438654
>>50438698
Players are Thousand Sons and battle of prospero is coming soon.
>>
>>50438698
>Do you think the traitor warbands are all of a sudden going to change because their primarches have returned?

Thousand Sons have. Ahriman has reunited with Magnus and has been completely forgiven. They're a united Legion again.

>There are no legions,

Last Wall, Dark Angels Legion Reformation, etc all disagree. They're all just waiting for the signal.
>>
OK, so is there something online and free where I can get up to speed? Because Magnus forgiving Ahriman is INSANE.
>>
>>50438909
Take SM stats, beef them up, give them awesome gear.
>>50438915
And read how at the end of the timeline, Ahriman has broken off by himself with an army to assault the Black Library.
Unless somehow your dudes are based at 999M40, it has no effect on your ideas at all.
My 4th Company Ultramarines are going to be no different if Guilliman returns, because why exactly would it?
>>
>>50438654

In theory, you could add a layer of Unnatural T and Str, and make some talents to represent Preternatural Skill, Sodality, Inviolable Psyche, etc.

Their armor would be Artificer (Armor 12) with PR35 shield and ignores difficult terrain.

>>50438947

It's in Wrath of Magnus. 1kSons and Space Wolves are in a shithouse all around.
>>
>>50438909
Take a generic Space Marine profile. Add +15 to +20 to Characteristics across the board. Add 10-20ish Wounds. Increase all Unnatural Characteristic multipliers by 1 (Or Unnatural additives by +2, if you're using 2e rules). Give them a Power Halberd that can be fired as an Astartes bolter. Add combat talents to taste.
>>
Kinda off topic, but Alfabusa figured out a way to get WoM to work in TTS.

So that's a thing.
>>
File: Yay!.gif (2MB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
Yay!.gif
2MB, 285x285px
>>50432925
The role represent the classic 'wise man' arcytype but with a 40k spin: the shaman can 'feel' the warp, (maybe my the raising of hairs on the back of his kneck, or just an ache in his knees), but isnt a fully fledged psyker.

i made it primary because i know of 3 independent GMs who have banned psykers outright (dont ask, its a long story in each case), but this allow a group to still not be totally out flanked by pyskers.

also it means i get to pass notes to the player with things like 'you feel something in your waters' and other vague warnings.I like notes
>>
>>50440676
Why wouldn't you just use the available Witch Hunter talent?
>>
>>50440736
that's more of a studded understanding of the psyker arts (hence all the lore requirements) where as this is more innate ability.
Similar difference between natural psykers, and non-psychic sorcerers if you will
>>
MEGAduy here, just updated the homebrew megafolder with the new versions, threw the combined armoury in there too, surprised I never did that. MNW is in now too. So, keep that in mind, whoever is doing next OP.
>>
>>50440790
Only insofar as one insists the talent represents one or the other.

It still exists, and fills your stated purpose of not letting a group "be totally out flanked by pyskers" with official material.
>>
>>50440676
>i know of 3 independent GMs who have banned psykers outright

Like a trio of no fun police, having psykers is great as a wild card.
>>
Other than prayers to jesus and heavy volume of fire in hopes of a fumble into an overload, how else can infantrymen deal with refractor field wielding bads?

For reference we're a bunch of guardsmen and ever since we ran into that CSM we've managed to acquire anti CSM weapons like an eviscerator for the priest and a meltagun for the weaponspec but we still have no idea on how to actually get past that 50% deflect chance other than pure luck when the time comes to fight him again.
>>
>>50441043
Well, first, pray to the Emperor, that'd be a marked improvement. Additionally, grenades. Lots of grenades.
>>
>>50440887
Eh i can see why. it really fucks with balance, and unless you plan spcfically for it. its also annoying being a player who isnt the psyker, and can end up feeling a bit side lined, because the psyker can often do it better

>>50440873
three things: the 'feel' of an ability is hugely important in role play, especially when pre requsites are involved. Witch hunter is a very specific form of this ability, which locks you into a bunch of skills
now FFG has lost the licences, there is NO official material, not thats thats a very good argument to begin with
>>
>>50441043
Volume of fire, my friend. Don't hit him hard, hit him lots. Remember, the chance to deflect is the same for a puny autogun as for a lascannon, and there's a 20, 10 or 2% chance it'll overload dramatically any time it's hit, depending on quality.

THAT'S when you bring out the anti-armour weapons.
>>
>>50441043
>>50441262
Also, as an addendum, it can only deflect actual hits. Try to slow him down with boggy terrain, land mines, grenades, land mines, rickety bridges, fallback positions, landmines, gas, fire, and landmines.

If you're miraculously lucky, remember that Haywire fucks everything, but I'm guessing you can't get that in OW.
>>
Is there any /tg/ approved Black Crusade homebrew, of any kind?
>>
>>50417512

I hate FFG's scatter table. It gives bottom-left and bottom-right an extra chance for no reason.
>>
>>50416845

Except for Lorgar and his legion. And Perturabo and his legion. And the Black Legion. And any Chaos cult who wants to get shit done instead of thumb their assholes and wait for Inquisitors to follow the scent of blood/rot/magic/cum.
>>
>>50441439
Exactly. Chaos doesn't really give a shit how you venerate the gods, only that you do, and that you don't fuck about when given a task.
>>
>>50441439

>Except for Lorgar and his legion.
Potentially retconned to Tzeentch. Nobody is certain.
>And Perturabo and his legion.
Retconned to Nurgle
>And the Black Legion.
Under Abby so it's okay.
>>
>>50441547
>>50441439
Every god wants to pull you on his side
>>
>>50441122
>the 'feel' of an ability is hugely important in role play, especially when prerequisites are involved
>Witch hunter is a very specific form of this ability, which locks you into a bunch of skills
One requisite skill; Forbidden Lore: Psykers +10. I don't feel like this is a terrible thing - it's like anyone who isn't a fully fledged psyker but is psyniscient will have learnt something about psykers.

>now FFG has lost the licences, there is NO official material
This is the worst form of nitpicking, sir. You know which books are considered official to DH2e. I apologise for you feeling it was necessary to stoop to this low.
>>
File: heresy.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>kinda regret not taking charm on my character in DH 2E since it would fit him
>zero aptitudes so the cost is hefty 300 XP

Not sure if it's worth it to be the shit talker of the group but i feel that none of the others are trying to advance things by talking to NPCS at all so i might as well jump on that and have a bonus while talking.
>>
>>50441262
This has also been our tactic last fight and we managed to make him roll a nat 1 with hit and run full auto small arms fire but lacked actual weapons to penetrate his power armor/toughness when it came down to it.

I definitely look forward to running it back and making him squirm the next time we meet.
>>
Ok so I don't have most of the 40k books aside from the actual rpgs. Anyone mind pointing me the one where we have internal views of guard vehicles preferably top down? This would really help me save time since my current option is to download every single book and look at them one at a time.
>>
>>50440652

What is WoM?
>>
>>50441803
Wrath of Magnus
>>
So I'm going to run Against the Savages and then transition into 11th Hour to get the players offthe planet into Final Testament.

Anyone have any ideas on a couple of missions to run while the party is on garrison duty in the middle of a jungle swarming with orks?
>>
>>50441924

Supplies rotted out from jungle heat. Get new supplies.

Ork Kommandos killing gits in the night. Go fuck them up.

An Ork walks into the camp, wearing a paper bag over his head. He says he's the new Commissar. Everyone believes him. There is no right answer to this question.
>>
>>50441619

Fuck off, that's bullshit. That'd give Nurgle and Tzeentch an entire other LEGION over the other two, since Night Lords hate Chaos and Black Legion are the entire reason why Undivided should still exist in game.

Giving the gods a different power level IN LORE means they wouldn't BE setting up for a Black Crusade, Khorne and Slaanesh would be fucking over Nurgle, Tzeentch, and the two legions you mentioned which are for 100% certain not dedicated to any god.
>>
>>50441629

Sure, but it's fucking bullshit that they'd not empower two entire legions of Space Marines to tempt them, becoming Undivided, rather than ignoring them and holding their breath for the Legions to pick which of the gods has the nicest backside.
>>
File: Smiley - Haiii.jpg (329KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Smiley - Haiii.jpg
329KB, 1024x768px
OW/DH2 GM here. Group is mostly OW but one or two players happened to grab DH2 handbooks for rules before they went out of print. I've tweaked the rules to make character death a little more grimdark, like poison weapons having to only clear your armor and not TB. The players have been strolling through it kinda madcap, and I opted to give them what they were joking about.

Regiment is basically Scintillans, but even bigger pompous dicks - on purpose. Near-TPK two sessions in a row, led to the players purpose-building a combat-heavy squad. They did well against Severan guardsmen and cyber-commissars, who weren't really a threat. Hard fight with Dark Eldar, who brought everyone into crit damage range during a shootout/stabfest.

Then shit got fun.

>Psyker player
>Crit fail several checks in a row
>Warp fuckery, stone bleeds everywhere
>Plays bad roles straight
>"Hmmm, civies all ran into the temple to the Emperor right around the time we got jumped and stone started to bleed. MUST. BE. CHAOS."
>Convinces the REST of the squad he must be right
>Party barges down door to cathedral to Emps
>Blood on walls from statues
>Civies scared out of their wits
>"PURGE AND BURN"
>22 corruption points and a handful of insanity later, and noncombatants have either fled or ran off
>Squad discovers sekret hidden trapdoor
>Leads to hidden sanctum, big open underground area
>Holoprojector at end of it
>SM-looking thing projected hugescale
>Players laugh, figure it's a hilarious Wizard of Oz reference
>Squad moves up, kills the two hiding civies nearby while screaming "DIE HERETIC SCUM!"
>Accidentally sets curtain on fire.
>Alpha Legionnaire steps out
>Player's faces 0_0
>mfw attached

And that's how all but 2 of the squad died in 2 turns. Lucky shot with a lascannon ended the fight.
>>
>>50442247
Reddit detected
>>
>>50440816
Forgot this, latest version of [Chivalry Intensifies]
>>
>>50442621
Cheers, I'll throw it in.

Ah, its so nice having decent internet. When I first made the MEGA, I wasn't even getting 1 MB/s. Was paying for 7 though...
>>
>>50442697
And its up.
>>
>>50435393
Wrong thread? Did you think you were on /lit/ or something?
>>
>>50442621
Doing some reading of this led me to reading a bit about the Imperial Knights on the wiki. Honestly they feel like they'd fit an entirely different campaign with almost Rogue Trader like elements. One player is the Imperial Knight, other players are members of their household or technical crew of the Knight itself.
>>
Are there any methods to get Unnatural Agility or Toughness aside from psychic powers or mutations?
>>
File: biologis.jpg (124KB, 767x1042px) Image search: [Google]
biologis.jpg
124KB, 767x1042px
>>50443680
Which game line?
Vindicare assassins get unnatural agility I believe, as do a few other Assassin-ascension classes.
There's also a horrible drug that temporarily grants unnatural toughness, iirc it does permanent characteristic damage and only lasts a short period of time though.
>>
>>50444093
You're thinking of Slam. I've nicknamed Slam 'So You Want To Be A Space Marine For Five Seconds,' and if it wasn't for the permanent characteristic damage my characters would use it nonstop. As it is, it's not worth it.
>>
>>50444299
Ah, I actually forgot about Slam.

And just like the first time, I'm fighting the urge to make shitty Space Jam jokes.
>>
>>50443092
>One player is the Imperial Knight, other players are members of their household or technical crew of the Knight itself.
That strikes me as it wouldn't really be fun to play anyone but the Knight there, considering how dominant socially and mechanically they'd be. It's like having an Astartes in a party full of mortals, but magnified a thousand times and put in a super-heavy walker.
>>50442712
Cheers.
>>
>>50442397

Yeah, no kiddo. Been lurking here longer than that.

Got much better? Post your group's adventures or stick to the navel-gazing that's slowly eating this board.

3/10, got me to respond.
>>
>>50443092
Honestly, having played it? It's really fun to have an all-Knight party bouncing off each other. It's just a challenge for a GM to throw out big and interesting challenges, and the numbers get ridiculous. Also, Destroyer weapons are bullshit.
>>
>>50444411
Plus, the Knight Pilot can actually get out and do non-combat stuff too, so Even the saving grace of Astartes in the party (well, maybe that's too strong a phrase) is discounted with Knights.
>>
>>50444494
>the Knight Pilot can actually get out and do non-combat stuff too

When we used the knight rules in TFiY, they seemed perfect for a "having your cake and eating it too," since everyone still had their character roles in addition to their Knight stuff. We enjoyed it, but politics was NOT their strong suit.
>>
>>50440816
The OP pasta TXT file needs updated too, while you're at it.
>>
>>50441702

Don't discount well-laid explosives and bait plans. Might require secret notes with players on the ones side and unfolding it when the GM walks into it if your GM ends up being a bit metagame-y about it.

Otherwise, some liberal Tech Use and IEDs can make your world go round.
>>
File: 19c9b5076978669a682e07b34157bdb9.jpg (780KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
19c9b5076978669a682e07b34157bdb9.jpg
780KB, 790x1200px
>>50444494
The Knight is still not on an equal footing with the other characters as they'd be his servants (with the possible exception of someone helming the Knights consort). The difference in power between a Knight and his court (for lack of a better word) is much bigger then that of a Rogue Trader and his entourage. Especially with the RT style of play since a Knights court can't exactly go out for a combat encounter in the same manner like a Rogue Trader and his closest henchmen can, since it'd be damn near suicidal (a Knights supporting troops have a tendency to drop like flies in super-heavy combat I've noticed). And most of them also don't have the status to be present when hobnobbing with those that would be considered an Imperial Knights peers (with a handful of exceptions) in social encounters and a Knight fraternising with the lower classes outside of a select group from his own court is something that would smear their reputation. Since y'know, a Knight is nobility and the Imperium is a very rigid class society that enforces hierarchy brutally.

All I can see that type of campaign is something that's weighted very much in favour for a single player and their character and in my experience, that'll suck the fun from the other players something fierce. So I wouldn't really recommend it, but if you think you can overcome those issues, why not try it?
>>
MEGAguy just caught a major fuck-up in how he set up his MEGA drive sync on the new laptop. The repository is unaffected, however, it does mean I'm currently re-syncing EVERYTHING to my laptop. I'm not gonna be able to check things for a bit.
>>
>>50444571
Did this before I noticed, its been updated.
>>
>>50444598
depending on position and shaping, they'll make that happen at several thousand RPM!
>>
>>50444762

Fingers crossed for your group of you try it. When it works it works wonderfully, but we've also seen our squad get one of our own instagibbed on a bad roll.
>>
it's too bad Black Crusade doesn't get much love on /tg/, it's pretty good.
>>
>>50444465
>that image
>the hilarious misspellings
>le emem humor

Yeah, you could understand our confusion.
>>
>>50444719
>Nobles not slumming it
>Nobles meeting face to face without a formal introduction

Disagree with the social aspect thing. Super heavy combat though, yeah I don't have an answer.
>>
>>50444093
Any possibly. Its a DH2nd game I'm playing a tech-assassin in.
>>
Out of interest, what rules would you use to run the Marines Malevolent as a player chapter in DeathWatch?

I had a couple of ideas back on one of my old machines, but that was a while back.
>>
So clarification with the weapon jam rule.

If you weapon jamms ( dice roll of 96 or 94 on full auto) did you fail to get the shot off at all has or did your weapon still discharge but is *now* inoperable (which is explicitly how jams works the space whole board game)

Well I've never seen anyone have a BS of 90, modified or not. It makes a difference firing at unaware targets or shooting into combat. A Jam is in many ways better than a miss.
>>
Alright. Only War.
There's a mountain range blocking the advance of some 15-ish armored regiments.
The general just decided to grind the moutains to a fine dust with the support of orbital bombardment.

How cheesy is this plan? The idea is to reward the players with some "Imperium Fuck Yeah", to show them the extreme length a Imperial General could go to crush opposition, but I kinda need to refine the idea. Thougths?
>>
>>50445856
It would take a ludicrously heavy sustained orbital bombardment to grind down an entire mountain range. Like to the level that it may crack the crust of the planet.
What can a column of tanks accomplish that an orbital bombardment of that scale could not?
If they have that level of naval support why don't they ferry the armor over the mountains?
>>
>>50445856
Sounds cool, but it makes me wonder "why don't they just orbital bombard the enemy?"
>>
>>50446012
>>50446052
Yeah, I see the problem. Whatever the way I look at it, I can't imagine why it would be preferable to make an opening for ground forces while the bombardment could be used elsewhere.

I could tweak the idea a bit, like a orbital drill from a ship used to carve a way into the mountain for the tanks. But this doesn't really solve the issue of "Yeah, but what about whe make it do something useful instead?".
>>
>>50446052
Maybe they don't have the correct angle to bombard the enemy, and travelling within firing angle would expose them first.
>>
>>50446127
>>50445856
Just put some rebel resistance on the mountains and add a friendly Ordanitus around to increase the firepower.

Rule of Cool should always take priority.
>>
>>50445856
>Rebel forces have a hidden base in the moutain. Make the players go there at least one time before attacking. They could befriend some population still loyal to the Imperium while struggling against moutain-vietcongs. Then nuke the place from orbit while making them watch.

>Xenos have a hidden base in the moutain. Or the moutain range have a strategic importance for both factions (Verdun style) and the Imperium decide it is just too important to let it to the ennemy. Or better yet, the moutain IS a giant hidden xeno base. (Giant Ork fort, Eldar burried craftworld/webgate, Necron tombs). The armored regiments are just send to clean up the mess after the navy cracks the moutain open.
>>
>>50445856
Seriously how large is that fucking Leman Russ? It looks like it could store a buggy. Or a minibar.
>>
>>50446550
maybe the dude is just a fucking midget
>>
>>50446575
RATLING TANK REGIMENT!
>>
>>50446594
I feel like that is gonna be nothing but sadness.
>>
>>50435874
I'm aware of TTS, but what's Emperahesque?
>>
File: jointoperation.jpg (139KB, 720x487px) Image search: [Google]
jointoperation.jpg
139KB, 720x487px
>>50446127
If you want to go pure rule of cool, I don't know what enemy your players are fighting but let's say it's Orks.

The orks have a mega land carrier that is the air command and control for their entire air force. The aeronautica can't approach it because it has a fuckton of roving fightabomba patrols not to mention an orkish amount of dakka. The navy can't land an orbital strike on it because it moves to quickly (and orbital bombardments are so imprecise). Artillery can't take it out because the roving bands of speed freaks shooting up everything that moves.

So rather than handing air superiority to the orks, they're sending the armor at it. Now this has to be a joint operation, the aeronautica needs to keep the fightabombas off the tanks so they can be resupplied while they look for the land crawla, the mechanized infantry needs to keep the speed freaks and truks full of tank bustas off the tanks, rapid recon needs to find the crawla, and the tanks need to damage the crawler badly enough so the navy can drop an orbital bombardment on the thing.

That said, the guard will need to run the moment they cripple the crawler, because the Imperial Navy considers an orbital bombardment that lands within 1 km of the intended target to be a "bullseye."
>>
>>50446649
Or it could be super cool.

I'll make it tomorrow and see what I come up with.
>>
File: 1479921543683.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1479921543683.png
200KB, 500x276px
>>50446743
>filename "jointoperation"
>US P-40 Tomahawk
>German Tiger
>>
>>50445802
You have to reload and you lose the ammo in the mag. For some kinds of guns, that's a hefty penalty.
>>
File: IWonder.jpg (44KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
IWonder.jpg
44KB, 282x341px
What's best/coolest; firing your pistol as a free action after a move action, or getting your degrees on success added to your damage by spending a fatepoint?

What if the latter comes with the oppertunity to get both toughness and perception, and the former forcing your to replace one of them with fellowship?
>>
File: 1477672009229.jpg (43KB, 400x710px) Image search: [Google]
1477672009229.jpg
43KB, 400x710px
Just started GMing a group for OW the first time a bit ago. My players came up with this regiment. Pretty damned cool imo

>Homeworld: Penal Colony
+2 Ag & T
Street Fighting
>Commanding Officer: Maverick
Resistance (Fear)
>Regiment: Reconnaissance
Awareness
Combat Sense
>Doctrine: Sharpshooters
BS Aptitude
Deadeye Shot
>Doctrine: Combat Drugs
5 Stimm

(Yes, I knowit adds up to 13 but I didn't give a shit)

They made up there regiment to be the guards from a Penal World. I thought that was cool. I was kinda having trouble fitting the reconnaissance bit into them being from a penal world. And my players didn't seem that much into fleshing out their homeworld, they're totally new into the 40k and don't know jack shit. So I took it upon myself. I was sorta thinking that their homeworld was covered in these large cities (maybe hives, I dunno, probably gonna be hives, vast sprawling ones), where most of it is just gonna be lawless and anarchic and controlled by rivalling gangs, some Escpae from New York/LA style, where the planet's convict population lives. Here and there throughout the cities/probably hives are "Control Towers." This is where the "Wardens" reside. These are the magistrates, judges and the administrators. Below them are the "Lawbringer," the guards of the vasts prisons. They occupy the lower levels of the towers and the "Security Zones" around the bases of them. Every so often these Lawbringers had to go out of these security zones for whatever reasons, taking supplies to another tower, going out to find a high value detainee, suppressing a large-scale gang war, whatever. This is where the recon comes in. It's so much that they are straight recon but the first guys in. Maybe reconnaissance-in-force stuff. I was kinda thinking some Generation Kill stuff. Vrooming around in their Chimera blasting the shit outta stuff. I'm probably gonna give them 2 or 3 penal legionnaires to toy with.

tl;dr They're Judge Dredds

What are your guys' regiments like?
>>
>>50447188
Unless you invest in tactical knock yes.

But it doesn't state if the gun fail to fire at all or just missed wildly.
>>
File: bob marley.png (324KB, 540x490px) Image search: [Google]
bob marley.png
324KB, 540x490px
>>50448028
>>
>>50447159
The dudes post was about rule of cool. Are you retarded?
>>
>>50446711
Old /tg/ story. Tarrasques appears on Terra and eats the Emprah, as a result he gains control of the beast and goes on to wreck shit. It wasn't bad.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Emprahsque
>>
File: 9cZgDl[1].jpg (92KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
9cZgDl[1].jpg
92KB, 640x360px
>>50446550
>his forgeworld doesn't produce Leman Russ patterns with a minibar.
You got the short end of the STC, senpai.

>>50446127
I'm not sure carving a trench through mountains would malke for an usable road. There's gonna be tons of rubble and giant craters everywhere.

I would use it with a jungle instead. You can't advance more than a few miles a day because of swamps, mud and trees. After a week the vox says that the light cruiser Divine Retribution has positionned itself above your position and will clear a path. Cue blinding pillars of light at the horizon for a couple hour, coming closer and closer, with the noise, vibrations and smell of ozone becoming unbearable. Then it suddently stops, and when the dust clears your looking at a highway of vitrified soil that goes to your objective (include a few vitrified remnants of an ambush along the way if you wish). The cruiser's master of ordnance wish you good luck and the ship returns to his previous mission.

Or a hive held by the enemy. You must go through it to joi with another regiment but are ambushed at every corner. Then orbital bombardment flattens the entire place until there's nothing but pebbles, and you can have a nice road trip (if you don't fall into a cellar).
>>
Is there no 40k RPG discord channel people flock to? I have been thinking about starting a Rogue Trader game there. Would be good to recruit from a large pool.
>>
>>50448108
Thanks, but it simply says it's an automatic miss, not if it the shot actually went off or not.

Say you're sniping an unaware guard and roll a 96. One I means you missed and he heard you, the other means he missed and you didn't.
>>
>>50447573
Depends on what else you are doing.
You are trying to white room something that wasn't designed to be white roomed.
>>
>>50448370
Can you miss if your gun didn't shoot?
>>
>>50445155
>Disagree with the social aspect thing.
Again, you still face the issue with both those suggested types of social encounters ending up being focused on the Knight to the detriment of the other player characters.
>Super heavy combat though, yeah I don't have an answer.
The only good answer I found is put every player in their own Knight Armour.
>>
>>50448413
Will you pulled the trigger, so yeah you did.
>>
File: tiresome.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
tiresome.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>>50448395
The plan is to go fast, shoot hard, and not die.

Currently playing clusterfuck of shitty aptitude optimization, reviving a character from DH1, came out of stat rolling with sick strength, toughness and WS, but horrible agility and wounds, and with both of them being expensive to level up, so good for hitting things in melee, but when I get attacked, I just have to take it and hope it soaks. Since I started out first session by slowly waddling towards opponents and wait for the meanest of them to charge me, and then kill them in one hit with a lucky roll, the GM figured I was mad OP and he had to step up the game, so now he just keeps throwing more and bigger CC dudes at me, even though, almost every opponent that I have oneshotted so far could have done more or less the same to me with the same luck. So now I'm burning through my fatepoints, and judging by the amount of them I have, I expect to be dead in about three sessions. I've tried taking the build in a different direction, since melee has been a pointless waste of experience and fatepoints, I figured I'd use the strength to bring some heavy weapons, so now I get to spend 8 bullets trying to pin people, because fuck hitting anything ever with that shit. Maybe I can get my hands on a heavy flamer, but honestly I expect to croak before that happens. I'm having a bad time and getting tired of feeling like a useless piece of trash.

So now I've grown obsessed with optimizing aptitudes and planning out what I want a character to do. Mostly prioritizing not dying, rating dodge above everything else. 9/10 of 10 characters I roll up start with dodge +20 and step aside.
>>
>>50448503
What sort of non logic are you using.
>>
>>50444981

>image was from /tg/ several years ago, fitting for the occasion
>spelling isn't perfect, I'm not up to Shoggy tier so sue me

Since when is greentext not a 4chan thing, exactly? Shit like that kind of kneejerk reaction is why we're hurting as a forum with more bitching and less playing. It's like the "no-fun if not grimdark" crap comments from one of the prior 40k generals - not everyone buys into the setting in the same way.
>>
>>50448560

Every thread has that one really bitter guy who feel the need to make biting remark, just ignore him and carry on having fun.
>>
>>50448560
I remember that one time when some guy called reddit over a rage comic from 2008 or some shit. Hell, some people flip their shit over cool face.
>>
>>50444371
>>50444299
Isn't it called Barrage? In Black Crusade, it definitely is.

And using it as a Chem-Hunter is SOOO worth it. Like, "ten dead Space Marines and a downed Thunderhawk" worth it.
>>
>>50448594
Slam is in 1e Inquisitor's Handbook.
>>
>>50448587
>>50448593

Duly noted, thanks kind anons.

On topic: my OW group has, like, zero noncombat skills, and the next mission I've got for them is to find out which other unit fed them faulty intel that got an entire company killed. I half expect it to turn into a Mexican standoff.
>>
>>50448164
Yes it was. It was that bad.
>>
>>50446127
What about a single Lance strike that sweeps through an otherwise far too narrow valley, making it far more pliable for tanks?
>>
>>50448770
>What about a single Lance strike that sweeps through my otherwise far too narrow asshole, making it far more pliable for dicks?
>>
I have a divination focused psyker on my campaign who has yet to figure out they're tracking a tzeentchian cult.

With Tzeentch being the master of fate and all, how much leeway do I have to fuck with him?
>>
>>50449974
All of it.
>>
Looking for interesting only war ideas.
>>
>>50450781
One of the the party members is a sanctioned xeno
>>
>>50450835
N-no!

*Felinids video flashbacks*
>>
>>50450871

HeeeeeellO
>>
File: escalatingfear.png (996KB, 1140x598px) Image search: [Google]
escalatingfear.png
996KB, 1140x598px
>>50450912
>>
File: 1408773764330.jpg (95KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1408773764330.jpg
95KB, 640x640px
What would be the appropriate response and reaction for a regular bloke that has no dealing with psykers before and is being told he has to work with one under the inquisitor?
>>
>>50451047
He is uh.. the psyker.. guy.. I should stay away from him, he seems strange.
>>
>>50445856
If space isn't contested then the heretics have already lost.
>>
Who's in your party, /tg/? Even if you're the GM, post em'.
>>
>>50452029
Only War, I am the GM.
Mechanised Regiment.

Two players that are from start:

- Weapon Specialist
-Medic

Another one who broke out from bunker in the hill after being taken captive by dark eldar (he didnt know that) and he is heavy gunner rocketeer

Last session they broke out a techpriest from severan dominate captivity, who repaired the truck so that the party could get away.

A female player will be joining in soon, but she doesnt know what to play yet.
>>
>>50452029
Campaign hasn't started yet, but here are the character concepts that have shown up so far

>a Chem Hunter of Messia called Duane "The Pain" Kresnick. His gasmask has been altered to resemble a wrestling mask, and the character is very focused on unarmed fighting
> >>50414757, although I have yet to get the gist of hid character beyond his name
>a Writhing World Sorcerer Queen naned Sandra styled after a stepford wife; treats her worms like her cjildren, and is the spouse of Magnus
>a standard Pirate Prince by the name of Maximillian who inherited his ship, crew, and title of captainrather then capture or otherwise "earn" it. also a pretty boy
>>
>>50452301
Overpowered roles: the game. Writhing World Sorcerer will eat the rest of the team.
>>
Hello all, I'm trying to cite a source for this bit of the Consecrators fluff, and two possible sources that were listed are Deathwatch: Rites of Battle, page 59 and Deathwatch: The Emperor's Chosen, page 76

The fluff in question:
>>The Consecrators' elite 1st Company all wear revered suits of ancient Terminator Armour, black-clad as the rest of their battle-brothers save for helms of off-white that symbolised their brotherhood with the Deathwing. Like their Chapter Master, their armour is a mix of styles and types, gathered from armouries and forgotten Legiones Astartes depots scattered across the galaxy.
>>
>>50452539
Hobos the chapter
>>
>>50452561
Actually they're extremely rich, from what I can tell. I just really want to find out if this bit is true, as a Chapter with an alternate Deathwing color scheme sounds interesting.
>>
File: 1477443750792.jpg (499KB, 700x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1477443750792.jpg
499KB, 700x1216px
>>50452029
I GM.

>The Inquisitor: alias "Inquisitor Easy-Going", known for being reasonable, friendly, polite, and nearly impossible to kill. Started out as an Arbite, worked his way up through the ranks and became a full Inquisitor shortly before saving the sector from an invasion by a faction of the Iron Warriors and their underlings. He's a radical, uses mutants and aliens when he sees fit, but so far has yet to mess with any daemons or regularly use alien equipment. Once commandeered a Warhound Titan in a duel to the death with a rogue Magos.

>The Interrogator: a psychic/adept, trained by the Inquisition from a very young age. She's not much of a fighter, but is tough and resourceful. She's trying to prove herself to the cell, as she was transferred to them recently as a stay of execution for participating in a rebellion on Scintilla during the most recent crisis.

>The Rogue Trader: Former scum-turned-mastermind, he's a legendary gunfighter who received a warrant of trade in part as a reward for his incredible actions during the Chaos Invasion. He went independent for a while, and has come back into the sector to help out his old friend the Inquisitor. Moonlights as a bounty hunter, which is one of the worst kept secrets on the ship. At one point in his life he was an Untouchable, but after being captured by the Phaenonites he disappeared for some time, only to be discovered on a back water world living as a farmer with no memory of what had happened to him and no understanding of why he now had a psychic presence.

>The Techno-Assassin: a full-body cyborg assassin-turned-Crusader/bodyguard to the Inquisitor. He's a sniper without peer, a master infiltrator, and very bad news for the enemies of the machine god. His Magos was a member of the cell for a while, and transferred his defensive protocols to the Inquisitor as a parting gift. Due to his augments he's not the best at charming people, though he's discovered he's quite good at scaring them.
>>
>>50452476
They're all first time players for the 40K systems besides the Pirate Prince, so I don't expect them to even make decently built characters. It'll be a more talky campaign anyway, so my only real concern is the Plague Marine.
>>
>>50448518
Go with the Assassin role, anon
>>
File: 1443120349812.jpg (1MB, 1210x990px) Image search: [Google]
1443120349812.jpg
1MB, 1210x990px
Any stuff that deal with life of civilians and similar?

Short stories, chunks from novels or anything similar.
>>
>>50452029
Here's who we have for DH2e:

>Burly tech-priest medic packing an autocannon. Has some nasty scars.
>Sneaky scoundrel-type that knows a lot of gun-fu. Quick on the banter.
>Administratum brainiac. He's basically a walking bank of Forbidden Lore.
>Aspiring Sister of Battle. Bit of a bloodthirsty zealot but very sociable. Spams Command.
>>
File: 1477157986071.jpg (517KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477157986071.jpg
517KB, 1200x600px
>>50452029
Right now my group only has two guys in it.

>A big ol' dumb Ogryn that likes to make called shots on his enemies dicks and is surprisingly good at it
>A hairy Ratling that can't hit the side of a barn and is the teams eyes and ears ie. easedropping on his superiors
>Another guy will be joining next session, he's probably gonna be a sergeant or a weapons specialist i dunno yet
>>
>>50453446

He should make a squat and complete the trifecta
>>
>there is no BC homebrew for archtypes, mutations, and the like for Malal or the Horned Rat
Hold me my dudes
>>
>>50453707
Do it yourself
>>
First time GM here. I just ran a DH2 campaign where the party destroyed a Nurgle-corrupted terraformer and threw a Nurgle Magos out of a skyscraper before ziplining to safety.
>>
>>50453446
>>A big ol' dumb Ogryn that likes to make called shots on his enemies dicks and is surprisingly good at it

I like the ogryn player.
>>
>>50453901
The party consists of a melee madman who keeps breaking his chainsword, a desperado psyker with a laspistol that keeps rolling absurd criticals, and a mildly sociopathic penal world administratum chiurgeon
>>
>>50453956
The melee guy has managed to perform a intimidation check against a space marine
>>
>>50453980
It was a fun first campaign
>>
>>50453707
>>50453527

when the meme so supreme
>>
In dark heresy 2E do you need to succeed with tech use to use an auspex or is that just for the advanced things? What kind of situations should i use it for?
>>
>>50454176
The boobleyboop radar thingie gives you a +20 awareness just by having at it and gives you bonus information if you pass the tech use test.
>>
>>50454218

I might have to learn tech use later on since it's neat to have bonus information about the areas were entering. Good to know it gives flat 20+ on awareness tests though as long as i pull it out while rolling. I'm new at this system and haven't played anything else 40k either so most things are brand new for me.
>>
>>50454288
Think of it this way, even if you dont know much about the special sonar thing you'll still perk the fuck up when it starts to pinging and probably start paying attention when you could have let your mind wander.
>>
>>50452029
I'm GM. Game is Dark Heresy - 2nd edition mechanics, 1st edition Calixis Sector lore, with thrones instead of Influence for gear, because everyone voted to go that way (I don't mind).

>Ioudas Barsabbas, resident party melee combat and infiltration specialist. Former child soldier and a member of a special unit of the Royal Scourges on Sepheris Secundus, Ioudas comes from a baronial family that got its ass kicked and was purged for resistance to the crown. Ioudas himself was inducted into the Royal Scourges as a youngster and when the Inquisitor showed up to purge some heresy, Ioudas got picked to help her out with a local investigation. The young man impressed her enough to warrant making him an acolyte.

>Zulf Aronov, a Sinophian who wound up joining the Astra Telepathica as a normie who tracked down psykers for the Black Ships. Used to be a family man until a rogue psyker on Sinophia showed up. Now his family is kill, and he works for the Inquisition. Resident team grump and Space Polish Guy, and also the now-designated Cell Leader following the party's last investigation, where he was clever and proved he could reign in the more impulsive cell members.

>Lamiss Velsher, a spoiled noble brat who happened to become a psyker. Comes from a Navy officer family, and so she mostly wound up hanging out with other Navy officers' kids. One such kid turned up with a Big Book O' Heresy and said they should try out a few occult rituals for laughs. Then the Inquisition found out, purged most of them, found out Lamiss was a psyker, and put her through sanctioning on pain of death. The Inquisitor in particular is disappoint lately, because she went loud with pyromancy powers during a shootout in a crowded hive market and hundreds of people got arrested for witnessing an 'unsanctioned psychic manifestation.'

>cont 1/2
>>
Ok so weird question. I can't tell if its a custom rule or anything but I can't find the part in only war that states that shooting into melee actually risks hitting your own dude as all I'm seeing is a -20 penalty to the roll. Is this a custom rule?
>>
>>50452029
>>50454821
>Ferrus Dariel, the team's former Skitarius (now a Techpriest after a recent investigation on behalf of the Mechanicus got him elevated to the actual priesthood). This motherfucker is master of Indiana Jones-style planning on the fly, because holy shit. Exploits to date include 'I will duel a House Krin heiress for a diversion so my party can snoop around this cathedral unnoticed', 'I will rip out this Renegade Magos' cerebral implants before torching the body so that I can put his implants in my head', and in his backstory, he did the same thing to his former master, a Magos Genetor who had seen service with the Inquisition and now Mr. Dariel here has the cerebral remnants and thought-ghosts of two different dead Magi bouncing around in his head.
>>
>>50444969
I agree. I want more of it, but I am having a hard time getting a group together. If I ever run a game, I will story time it.
>>
This may seem like a dumb question, but in Rogue Trader to acquisition rules seems to be in two different places. Am I reading correctly in that you need to pass a commerce test to find the item, then a profit factor test to get it, and then an optional commerce test to modify PF?
>>
>>50454826
It's an optional rule on page 254
>>
>>50455089
Thanks Anon
>>
>>50455053
my group used a gm gut check for availability (which pretty much boiled down to unique and near unique were unavailable unless we made an in-game contact) and we were only allowed the commerce test if we were buying from a specific npc in game. between sessions buys were basically straight pf tests.
>>
>>50435710
Downloading as we speak boss.
>>
How does this game treat corners? Lets say your character was pressed up against a corner. Does he need to step out of it to be able to make ranged attacks or is it considered a free action to poke out to have a look/fire your weapon?
>>
>>50455476
you can do the latter, but you take some piercing damage fro the corner's sharp edge.
Less tough characters take more damage, unfortunately, so in some cases that damage can be crippling.
>>
>>50426181
Wait: So now the Dark Angels have no flaw? Ahh, yisss. First Legion confirmed Best Legion.
>>
Hot Bred

>>50455730
>>50455730
>>50455730
>>
File: Chaos - Magus Female 3.jpg (51KB, 449x800px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos - Magus Female 3.jpg
51KB, 449x800px
>>50426181
Well, my Dark Heresy campaign is set 999.M41 and the BBEG is a Chaos Champion in service to a (so far unseen) TS Lord loyal to Magnus, who was taken off the black ships in a raid and raised on Sortarius, and ascended to being a sorcerer in her own right from being a Thrall Wizard. She's talked briefly about how the Magnus is going to burn Fenris soon... so yeah, this all works for me.

Plus, the PCs can now (in principle) be taken back to Sortarius if they're captured, without having to go to the Eye of Terror.

And she can dick with them via the webway now.

And she now has the resources of an entire united legion and its primarch backing her.

Excellent stuff all round. Not for my player characters perhaps, but the night is always darkest before the d- nah, they're gonna die.
>>
>>50454218
>The boobleyboop radar thingie gives you a +20 awareness just by having at it
You still have to be using it for the bonus. Holding it / having it strapped to your pack does not count.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 715x614px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 715x614px
>>50413286
Hey guys, my tabletop group said we will be playing Dark Heresy next. I have never played, read, or even really heard of warhammer 40k other than the knowledge that people buy and paint miniatures and play some cool ass battles with them.

But other than that, I'm super lost. I don't want to go in blind or looking like a shmuck. What, if any, books should I read? Should I "buy" the pdf of the 2e and read through it?

I want to make a character who can survive in this apparent shit hole. My fellow players said they're going to prep 3 fully written out characters so they have some backups for when their main dies.
>>
>>50456814
"Ignorant nobody from bumblefuck nowhere whose extent of knowledge of the Imperium is that he must worship the God-Emperor" is a perfectly valid character concept for 40k, so you need not worry TOO much.
>>
>>50456814
If you're looking for setting novels that don't suck,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Stewart_(writer)
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.