[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 436
Thread images: 66

File: rw40kg.png (1MB, 788x762px) Image search: [Google]
rw40kg.png
1MB, 788x762px
Punished Tzeenych: A Demon Deprived of His 'Ology edition

>Previous Thread
>>50409436

>Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
>>
The Dark Eldar strike first once again!
>>
I just bought the tau start collecting box and I'm at a loss for what to equip my crisis suits with.

What's a good bread and butter build for the suits?

I'd rather not have to fuck around magnetising each weapon
>>
>>50413610

You are a good Kabalite, I like you. I will grind you up to make combat drugs last.

Also:
>Tzeenych
>Demon

I proclaim this to be the Misspelled Words Sub Edition
>>
>>50413619
Missiles.
When in doubt, always take more missiles.
>>
>>50413628
You're lying, I've seen Commando.
>>
>>50413628
Just as planned.
>>
Reposting for new thread feedback:

>Grand Coven Detachment
>War Cabal
Thousand Sons (5)- Rhino- 185
Thousand Sons (5)- Rhino- 185
Scarab Occult Terminators (5)- Spell Familiar- 265
Sorcerer- Additional Mastery Level, Spell Familiar- 115
Sorcerer- Additional Mastery Level, Spell Familiar- 115
>Legion Armoury
Chaos Vindicator- Daemonic Possession- 135

Huh. Only eight Mastery Level, four of which are wrapped up in Discipline of Change. I don't think it has the magical cojones to make up for the severe lack of models or special/heavy weapons. Maybe I could drop the extraneous Thousand Sons squad to add another battle tank and additional Mastery Levels for the Sorcerers?

Maybe 1000 is just too low of a points level for such an elite, expensive army.
>>
>>50413610
Also on a side note, I used a Grotesquerie for the first time to surprising effectiveness(got +1 toughness) on Thursday, really liked it, but I STILL can't find a "role" for my Dark Artisan. They just end up deep striking, taking a quick pot shot at something and then awkwardly stand there waiting to die. Anyone care to add some input?
>>
Reminder that pink, blue and brimstone horrors cannot roll on maleific daemonology, no amount of autistic rage will change this.
>>
xth for I'll always be a kissless virgin, but at least I have my little plastic army men to keep me company
>>
>>50413677
Digits of truth, but also, please leave this crap in the last thread. I don't want to listen to anymore whining from WAAC Chaosfags.

Let's talk about how to make 1ksons good without Daemons.
>>
>>50413643
No more than one flier/flying monster
No riptide wing, free anything (including summoning), skyhammer or anything that allows charges out of deepstrike.

Stuff like that.
>>
>>50413677

You fucking faggot leave that goddamn argument in the last thread FUCK YOU

>>50413674

Just summon a unit of Splitting Horrors :^)
>>
>>50413677

Don't worry, GW will probably FAQ it eventually in their favor.
>>
>>50413677
Insults aside I agree
>>50413444
>>50413457
>>50413487
>>
>>50413714
Just for you, I hope Fires of Cyraxus introduces wings for the flying riptides.
>>
>>50413699
Not having a harem of multiple polyamorous bisexual grillfriends who think your little plastic army men are cute and like to help you paint them while listening to the stories you made up about them
>>
>>50413713
The inevitable FAQ will settle it, until then don't bring it up, 'friend'.
>>
Is Deathwatch Overkill the best way to start a GSC army?
>>
tzeentch equivalent of the lord of khorne on juggernaught with axe of blind fury. however he is a bit cheaper (but he can take way much more damage aswell)

exhalted sorceror, ML3, disc, homunculus. the AP2 force daemonweapon, aura of dark glory (allready in profile on him thankfully)
as "base" statline he got :
WS 5 BS 5 S4 T5 W3 I5 A3 LD10 SV3+/4++ Jetbike
can cast 4 powers a turn. activating force weapon gives him a 3++
rolling for the traitors hate equivalent of librarium disciple. going for:
-WC1 blessing +2 S,T,I,A
-WC2 blessing reroll saving throws
-WC 2 malefication -2 on enemys invulnerable saves
getting either one of the 2 above powers i a incredible powerboost.
baseline on the charge: 3 attacks base +1(2CCW) weapons, +1 (disc) +d6 + assault
gives him 7-12 attacks on the charge at S10 (LD10) against enemys LD (so you wound on 4+ at worst) dont forget its a force weapon.
thats without any blessings.
if he gets any of the 3 powers he can become a mix of smashfucker and the juggerlord while beeing faster. i love it

he will cost around 240 points though (close to smashfucker but can fuck up a wraithknight on the charge)
>>
>>50413777
>Inevitable
Man, someone has a lot of faith in new GW.
>>
>>50413780
needs to burn one power for Tzeentch power, unless they change the rules
>>
>>50413739
>Lying on the internet

This thread is off to a great start btw I foresee at 300 posts of people getting along with each other just fine.

>>50413674

This is disappointing, I was hoping to run exactly 1000 points of TSons. What if you dropped the Vindicator and 1 unit of Sons in favor of some Tzaangors and more mindbullets guys? Would that even fit?
>>
>>50413598
You could have at least memed the dialogue.
>>
>>50413811
the new discipline does not mention it. so i am quiet confident :)
>>
>>50413779
probably
>>
>>50413779
Yes, especially if you can find a buddy who wants to start a Deathwatch army to split the box with.
>>
>tfw I probably have the only copy of Prospero burns that's left to be uploaded, and it's on a flashdrive at my house.

Why'd I have to get stuck at a friends place.

Does anyone have a fresh prospero burns torrent or audiobook to upload to mega
>>
>>50413813
>>Lying on the internet
I know there's absolutely no way I can convince you otherwise, but life is good, anon. Some of us live the dream.
>>
Okay guys, just heard the stupidest rumour.

>Next primarch release is Guiliman in a sort of dreadnight suit. Following him will be Ferrus! In short, his spirit lived on in the machine, so somehow he was cloned and is genetically reborn on Mars. Following those two is demon mortation.

FERRUS FUCKING MANUS

Of all Primarchs.

What worries me is it's so stupid and so out of nowhere, it might be true.

People usually make up more believable bullshit.
>>
>>50413906
Are horrors the ultimate tarpit now? What are the specifics of them splitting
Pinks charge in, some likely survive. Those that die turn into blues who wait their turn. When all the pinks die, blues go in.
Repeat
>>
>>50413944
Let it go and just accept that Sanguinus is gonna be the last one, guy. They'll finish all of the other primarchs, and then do like four or five more bullshit non-primarch characters in the primarch series, before they ever do Sanguinis.
>>
>>50413944
It'll probably be Magus, Fulgrim, Mortarion, and Angron vs Corvus, Vulkan, Dorn, and Lion
>>
>>50413944
headless horseman ferrus when
>>
>>50414014
I'm gonna be kind of mad if we don't get to see Daemonlorgar.
>>
Why is it that the imperium uses such old tech? or apparently old tech?

How is it that the lasgun that the imperial guard uses CANNOT be upgraded because no one knows how? What the fuck are tech priests doing all day?

I have just found it strange that technology is depicted as having stalled. Why has it stalled and why can't improvements be made?
>>
i want to get into wh40k. So far i am interested in the Skitarii.
Are they a good choice?
>>
>>50414068
I'm sure we will
>>
>>50414023
Emps summoned him as a ghost in BL's latest novel. Ferrus is now his papa's stand.
>>
>>50414079
It's literally heresy to fucking upgrade weapons in 40k. Everything has pieces of rampant ai in it, from boltguns, to laspistols. Just small enough to not fire when you want it to, fire to shoot in your foot if it doesn't like you, or explode if it really doesn't like you.

So no, you can't "upgrade" your lasgun, soldier, because then I'd have to wonder if it's going to shoot me while I turn my back doubly, and I'm going to have to kill you for making me consider that.
>>
>>50414079
To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
>>
File: ad mech.png (152KB, 1729x852px) Image search: [Google]
ad mech.png
152KB, 1729x852px
>>50414014
>>50414068

They're all confirmed to be around, but if they'll get models is another thing.

>>50414079
pic related.
>>
>>50413841
>>50413869
Gotcha. Thanks.
>>
>>50414079
>How is it that the lasgun that the imperial guard uses CANNOT be upgraded because no one knows how? What the fuck are tech priests doing all day?
>I have just found it strange that technology is depicted as having stalled. Why has it stalled and why can't improvements be made?
How much lore do you know? If you don't let me give you a brief run down. See #16 and #17? It's these edgelords' fault. They ruined so much of everything that the tech support of the Imperium got worse. There's these things called Machine Spirits, and brother, let me tell you that those things got to be revered. They're suffering from ptsd(well the tanks are), and you better be nice to the war vet that will snap and run you over with his treads. Also old tech tends to be better than new stuff.
>>
>>50414079
>How is it that the lasgun that the imperial guard uses CANNOT be upgraded because no one knows how?

Nigga there are literally thousands of variants of Lasgun with different strengths and weaknesses. Some are little more than laser muskets, while others are fully automatic death-dealers built to withstand incredible punishment and are modular with dozens of attachments and upgrades like optics, grips, targeters, underslung grenade launchers, etc.

The reason the "base" lasgun has stayed where it is for the last few thousand years is because it works pretty damn well as is, and it's a quartermasters wet dream when it comes to repair, reloading, and maintenance, and they're produced in such massive quantities that even the smallest change in design can create massive overhead costs for the Forge World in question (an IRL example of this is the sugar industry - in theory, sugar should realistically cost about ~$.04 per pound more than it does, but that tiny four cent change creates millions of dollars in expenses for the sugar conglomerates). Even the smallest perceived changes have big repercussions at the macro level.
>>
File: WP_20161125_18_22_05_Rich.jpg (4MB, 5344x3008px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161125_18_22_05_Rich.jpg
4MB, 5344x3008px
Is Peanut butter an approved paint for nids?
>>
>>50414200
I don't see why not
>>
>>50414200
I do want to know how to get stained glass windows like that.
>>
Grey Knight player - using the Nemesis Strike Force detachment, are Land Raiders worth their points or should I just focus on spending those points on more marines and using Deep Strike and gate of infinity to get around the table?
>>
>>50413676
Anyone?
>>
>>50414232
it's an old oop terrain piece, maybe 3.5 to 4th?
>>
>>50414148
I still read the whole thing every time.
>>
>>50414232
Clear plastic cut to shape with an ink/wash/glaze over it. Have fun.
>>
File: WP_20161125_17_38_03_Rich.jpg (5MB, 5344x3008px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161125_17_38_03_Rich.jpg
5MB, 5344x3008px
>>50414232
I don't know if the manager at our store put it together or if it was made by someone else. I'll ask and see next time I'm in. And please note the Flying Hive Tyrant being a cunt and spoiling my shots from my Russes.
>>
>>50414310
>Peanut butter jelly time nids
>>
>>50414079
The Imperium doesn't know shit about technology. It's built on the decaying body of the once-great human empire.

Everything went to shit during the Age of Strife, and humanity pretty much forgot all about how technology works.

We were starting to get a leg up when the Emperor was around, and shit was going good for a while.

But then that faggot Horus fucked everything up and now we're fighting and endless war 24/7 against xenos and chaos.

>What the fuck are tech priests doing all day

Singing hymns to the Omnissiah, which are more or less operating manual instructions made gospel.

Tech-Priests aren't engineers, or scientists. They're ITs. They know JUST ENOUGH to fix your Land Raider, or power armor, or whatever, into working condition. They can also follow instructions from the few blueprints that humanity still has from the Golden Age of Technology to create more vehicles, arms, and armor. That's it.

And I know you might be thinking..

>well, why don't they try and re-learn the old technology? or build new inventions

Because they're busy fueling an endless war effort, struggling desperately to survive. There's literally no time to put towards trying to research machines that might get pissed that you're poking around in them and decide to kill you (machine spirit is literally just rogue AI left over from the Age of Strife, which was a time when AI-driven machines rose up against the humans Terminator-style).

The only quest for knowledge left in the universe is the quest to find intact STCs. The Admech has a raging hardon for finding them some STCs.
>>
Any new rumors for the Traitor Legions supplement?
The book I'm guessing I should have bought instead of Traitor's Hate?
>>
>>50414355
You buy Traitors hate for its formations, Traitor Legions will include updated rules for much more, including the new Kharn (which was updated in Traitors Hate)
>>
>>50414355
>Any new rumors for the Traitor Legions supplement?
Probably next week. It's released on the 10th.

>The book I'm guessing I should have bought instead of Traitor's Hate?
Yup.
>>
>>50414087
They're playable. Not as EZ mode as space marines or as broken as Tau but playable. At higher points costs they start to lose their viability because they don't have strong but expensive units that can be fielded like Ripitides or fleets of Land Raiders. You'll want to take allies at higher points.
>>
File: 800px-The_Last_Stand_1[2].png (365KB, 800x538px) Image search: [Google]
800px-The_Last_Stand_1[2].png
365KB, 800x538px
Is there any character in 40k lore greater than pre-retcon-faggotry Ollanius Pious?

>LOOK AT THIS FUCKING GUARDSMAN.
>He's spent months fighting a grueling war in which his enemies are demigods allied with daemons, and now he's found himself in the closest thing to Hell he's ever known. He probably wasn't even supposed to get teleported up to the arch-traitor's battle barge in the first place, and just ended up in the wrong place at the worst possible time.

>Somehow he's survived horrors beyond comprehension to make his way to the very bridge of Horus' flagship. He saw a veritable angel call upon Horus to answer for his crimes, and he saw that angel die as messily as any guardsman. His Emperor - who he fervently believes is a god incarnate, even if he's not supposed to - lies mortally wounded, and Horus, perhaps, has taken a moment to gloat before he strikes the killing blow.

>His armor is slightly more effective than tissue paper, his weapon slightly more powerful than a flashlight. A single electrified claw from Horus' weapon is bigger than his entire body. He stands before a being infused by the dark gods' with incalculable power, that can and will obliterate his soul with no more effort than it would take him to swat a gnat. Nothing he can do could possibly make a difference.

>He could run. He could turn his weapon on himself. He could give in to the insidious whispers that echo from the ship's corridors into his mind.

>Ollanius Pius does the duty his Emperor requires of him. He dies standing and holds the fucking line.
>>
>>50414429
Well Imperial Knights are about as fluffy of big stompy allies for AdMech as you could possibly get.
>>
>>50414434
Pius is a boring meme and I'm glad he was retconned into being just a mythological figure for Guardsmen to look up to
>>
>>50414434
I just find it a bit of a stretch that a lone guardsman would be in the emperor's boarding party, and survive the bogs of plague flies that were inside Horus's ship.
>>
>>50414079
>Why has it stalled and why can't improvements be made?

Except for a very few select groups (Deathwatch and Inquisition, maybe some others), innovation is proscribed as heresy.
>>
>>50413822

the psycker rule is under marks i think, so if it refers to CSM codex, you'll be out of luck
>>
I'm the lad who had the shit tau list yesterday.

How is this? (1998 pts)

Hunter Contingent

Commander Shadowsun (1) - 145pts
1 Commander Shadowsun

XV8 Crisis Bodyguards (2) - 124pts
2 Crisis Bodyguard: 2 Fusion blasters

Hunter Cadre

Commander (1) - 120pts
1 Commander: Crisis battlesuit,Command and Control Node,Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite

Strike Team (5) - 45pts
5 Fire Warrior: Pulse rifle

Strike Team (5) - 45pts

Strike Team (5) - 45pts

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (3) - 156pts
3 Crisis Shas'ui: 2 Plasma rifles

Drones (4) - 56pts
4 MV7 Marker Drone: Markerlight

Drones (4) - 56pts

Drones (4) - 56pts

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (3) - 195pts
3 Broadside Shas'ui: Twin-linked high yield missile pod,Twin-linked smart missile system

Optimised Stealth Cadre

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (3) - 90pts
3 XV25 Stealth Shas'ui: Burst cannon

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (3) - 90pts
3 XV25 Stealth Shas'ui: Burst cannon

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits (1) - 165pts
1 XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit: Two MV5 Stealth Drones,Cyclic ion raker,Twin-linked fusion blaster,Early warning override,Velocity tracker

Armoured Interdiction Cadre

TX7 Hammerhead Gunship (3) - 480pts
1 TX7 Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun with submunition rounds,Twin-linked smart missile system,Longstrike,Disruption pod
2 TX7 Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun with submunition rounds,Twin-linked smart missile system,Disruption pod

TX78 Sky Ray Gunship (1) - 130pts
1 TX78 Sky Ray Gunship: Twin-linked smart missile system,Disruption pod
>>
File: roll-eyes.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
roll-eyes.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
When all the TSons stuff I ordered gets here what army should I start with the money i'll get for returning all of it?
>>
>>50414537
>powergaming faggot mad that tsons are mid tier instead of OP

Eldar or Tau would be more to your liking
>>
>>50414537
>ordering shit just to return it immediately
why do you exist
>>
File: 1470273883142.gif (484KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470273883142.gif
484KB, 500x270px
If the 1KSons went to Slaanesh instead of Tzeench would they have become Lubricae instead of Rubricae?
>>
>>50414537
You could try buying a pair of balls instead you powergaming faggot.
>>
>>50414546
>mid tier
More like mid-low tier with GK and BA

This update only served to make Tzeentch daemons fucking insane, and they were already the most viable daemons
>>
>>50414576
>>50414546
>>50414556
>Just spend $500 on an army and spend hundreds of hours painting it to just loose all the time

nah
>>
Why are there so many people on /tg/ who only care about tournaments and meta?

This hobby is about hanging out with friends, assembling, painting, converting models, playing fun games.

You should play Thousand Sons because you like their models, play style, and story - not because of tournaments.
>>
File: tanksgiving01.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
tanksgiving01.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Sup /tg/, I just got back from a whole day of Apocalypse at the local geedubs. Their event today was called "Tanksgiving", in which everyone just brought every last one of their tanks/walkers in their collection, and we all put them on the table along with some vague semblance of balance. Nobody gave a fuck about the points cost, so long as the tables were plastered in models apparently. My own team had 6 people to the other team's 8, while I brought only a measly 7 dreadnoughts, along with a whole bunch of other tanks(mostly razorbacks) to function as chaff. I also brought a Stormlord that I bought off second-hand a few weeks ago. My buddy brought easily 10k worth of SPESS WOLVES tanks/walkers/imperial knights, so he loaned me a Baronial Court to use for my side of the board.

Pic related, it's the board at the start of turn 1. Not shown: All ~50 of the Leman Russ's and Deldar Raiders sitting in reserves. We had two whole tables put together, and had roughly 15 superheavies.
>>
Why the flying fuck cant magnus just draw from all psychic disciplines?
>>
>>50414586
They're not even close to that bad, holy shit.

This army will shit on plenty of mid-tier ones with a good list.
>>
>>50414586
you know, you get to decide if you want to play a game and you can ask your opponent not to be a dickhead.

Tournaments are full of assholes who bring terrible lists and can only get games because you're basically forced to play them or concede.

Don't forget that 8th edition is coming and is expected to change a lot about the game. You'd be a fool to pick an army based on the state of the game now.
>>
>>50414590
Not even friendly games arent fun if one side just gets destroyed with no contest at all
>>
Starting to collect an army for the first time, went with Necrons. What am I in for?
>>
If I split Dark Vengeance with a friend, and I take the Chaos stuff, what do I buy next to flesh out a Khorne Daemonkin army?
>>
>>50414586
>only playing against waac faggots in a game that hasn't been balanced since it was created in the 80s

found your problem OP

you're a retard
>>
>>50414614
Not dying. You can just walk up the field and watch your opponents forces slowly(read:rapidly) dwindle.
>>
I play Blood Angels and Grey Knights. I play them because I love their tactics and models and I love assault focused armies.
Rules change all the time, pick an army you like - not because it's "competitive."
>>
>>50414620
Throw out everything and buy berzerkers, posessed, chaos spawn and 8 bloodthirsters
>>
>>50414614
Very solid hard to kill, lower top tier beginner army with less room for improvement through better skill than some others.
>>
>>50414434
Until they fucked him and made him a perpetual and whatnot.

Also he wasn't in the barge, his story came from back when the canon was still that Horus invaded earth.
>>
has the ending leaked yet?
>>
So Brimstones are only available through the Silver Tower game. If you restrict the Daemon player to need to have bought all the blues and Brims to field his army.
Say 80 Pinkies, splits to 160 blues and 160 Brims.
If he takes the icon thats a 320 Blues and 320 Brims.
Thats 80 Silvertower boxes, 8400£ / 9898€ / 10485 $.
That should stop them.
>>
File: IMG_1801.jpg (155KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1801.jpg
155KB, 1252x1252px
>>50414637
Oh.

Even the cool looking Chaos Lord?
>>
>>50414422
Remind me, wasn't the "old" rumor that this thing was going to have formations to, the hope being that they'd make cult troops worth taking in some respect?

Hate has some "okay" formations that are "fun." Unfortunately the price for that is getting your face smashed in by anything remotely competitive.
>>
>>50414586
>hundreds of hours painting a low model count elite army
Bruh.
>>
>>50414456
he wasn't just retconned to that, he was retconned to
>an imperial fist terminator
>a custodes
>a perpetual
I dont think anyone really knows what he is now
>>
File: tanksgiving02.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
tanksgiving02.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>50414597
Sorry for the grainy photo. Here's my opponent's side of the field. He had 4 superheavies on this side of the board to my 3, so I had to make-do with what I had.

On turn 1, I used lots of pie-plates to try and suppress his tanks, mostly focusing on suppressing his gunline. I inflicted Crew-shaken/stunned on all of his basilisks, while taking out two of his three defilers with the BRRRRRRRRRRRT-tank. My Leviathan dropped right next to his defiler, but he stayed inside his drop pod to try and tank enemy fire on their turn. My whole plan had me running all 5 of the razorbacks as Chaff, so they formed a wall that the superheavies would have to destroy in order to get to the meaty bits of my army.

Sure enough, on their turn, my side of the field had 3 superheavies charge straight at my tanks, while the knight and a defiler tried to kill my leviathan. The Leviathan ate the entirety of my opponent's gunline, while only losing 2 hull points. The defiler dies to overwatch from FATMAN, while the knight then eats 4 hull points from my leviathan, as FATMAN makes all his invuln saves against the almighty D.
>>
>>50414614
Slow, resilient, ranged focus, except for one unit (wraiths) shit in melee.
No psykers.
Don't be an asshole and spam wraiths and people will be fine with you.
>>
>>50414655
convert them from nurglings

or literally anything, they're just balls of fire
>>
>>50414685
Don't allow converts or proxies. Done.
>>
>>50414673
He's currently a perpetual. That's all.

The story about him being on the Vengeful Spirit (as opposed to Horus' bunker) in the first place makes no sense in the current canon and reeks of Sueishness anyway. I'm glad he was changed.
>>
>>50414674
That looks like a massive cluster fuck.

waste of time/10

It gets ridiculous when every inch of the deployment zone is covered in models.
>>
>>50414698
>Don't allow conversions
Then whats the fucking point of this game at all?
>>
>>50414698
>Don't allow converts
Fuck you
>>
>>50414235
bumping, need advice
>>
File: tanksgiving03.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
tanksgiving03.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>50414674
On turn 2, I killed the Cerastus in shooting! He died mostly to massed multi-meltas. Whirlwind and knights missiles suppresses the basilisks again, while destroying some of them. Me and the guard player's remaining shooting take 8 hull points off of the stompa.

Some space wolf dreads pop into their backline to get harassment in, and I respond by suppressing all of the tanks that could feasibly kill the dreadnoughts. FATMAN kills his knight in melee combat, while my Baron charges the Khornedozer while still under my chaplain's zealot aura. He then gets a 6 on the D-table, which smacks it off the board. This scored me 3 superheavy frags in turn 2.
>>
>>50414537
Just play 30k.

Faggot.
>>
>>50414661
If you just want that model I'd recommend buying through ebay, those things go cheap.
If you really want all those kinds of units that come with the box by all means get them, there's just a consensus that they aren't that competitive.
>>
>>50414736
i do
>>
>>50414713
>>50414716
Just don't allow CHEESE STRATS to proxy or convert.If they want to cheese that badly make them spend for it.
>>
>>50414586
It takes you hundreds of hours to glob paint on a model and then dunk it in wash?
Because we both know you paint like absolute shite.
>>
>>50414763
I paint better than you you fucking protestant
>>
File: tanksgiving04.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
tanksgiving04.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>50414729
And on turn 3, I swept the parking lot, fragging 5 tanks in shooting, while getting another 5 of them from melee. On the opposite side of the board, my buddy's 15~ dreadnoughts proceed to sweep the entire other parking lot. We nearly score a fellblade kill, while my buddy's BANEBLADE frags 3 hammerheads in one shot. We ended up calling the game at the end of the enemy team's turn. After turn 3, the total frag-count was 36 models on the other team, while my team had 73 frags. My army, despite being one of the smallest, ended up taking the most frags at 29.

>>50414709
Dreadnoughts are what makes it fun. As well as reserves. Just come on the board and frag a bunch of tanks as you roll in, and then pray the dreadnoughts in your old parking lot don't survive to get more charges.
>>
>>50414741
Eh. I'm only paying $45 for it, so no biggie, getting $65 from my friend for the DA stuff. Probably just use them to practice painting, or something.

Really, I'm just getting it mostly as a gift for my friend, since he was interested in getting into 40k with a DA army.
>>
>>50414434
While i agree that a guardsman on the VS is a fucking meme and super unlikely to happen, the tale warms my heart and shows that even the weakest physical man can have the balls to do something - it's a good message of what man can do
>>
>>50414779
That is the strangest retort I have read on this general.
And no, you paint like shit, you are probably one of those fucks who paints hazard stripes like ass, then comes to be retard or have some fucking disease, to hide your shame in your shite work.
>>
File: ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>50414702

>reeks of Sueishness
>Happy that he's a perpetual
>>
Hows this Nurgle list looking? Very open to changes. I want to add more traitors and some daemons to it at some point

HQ
Chaos Lord 65pts
-Mark of Nurgle
-Sigil of Corruption
-Murder Sword

Elites
6 Chosen 171pts
-Mark of Nurgle

5 Mutilators 325pts
-Mark of Nurgle
-Veteran of the Long War

Hellbrute 105pts

Troops
10 Marines 185
-Flamer
-Mark of Nurgle
-Power Fist
-Icon of Despair
-Gift of Mutation

10 Cultists 75pts
-Heavy Stubber
-Mark of Nurgle

Heavy Support
Cultist/Traitor Guard Basilisk 125pts

I can easily switch the Mutilators to something else since I've heard bad things, they're just Putrid Blightking models from Sigmar
>>
File: 1427583671356.jpg (534KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1427583671356.jpg
534KB, 1920x1080px
>>50414434
Why was a random lone Imperial soldier on board the Vengeful Spirit with the Emperor and his super soldier bodyguards? I believe it's been said that even the Imperial Fists that accompanied the Emperor were horrified by the things that inhabited Horus' ship while they were on board. How would a soldier survive? Why would the Emperor bring any regular men with him?

Pious being retconned into an Imperial Fist or Custodes wouldn't be so bad. A perpetual though takes it a bit too far. And don't get me wrong. I like the inspirational idea of his character. He's a patron for guardsmen everywhere to look up to in the 41st millennium. But his presence doesn't make sense unless someone can explain it to me.
>>
>>50414883
>Mutilators
That an automatic nope - even model wise they look horrible

What's the points limit senpai?
>>
File: 20160105_183336.jpg (325KB, 966x739px) Image search: [Google]
20160105_183336.jpg
325KB, 966x739px
>>50414860
I aint ashamed of my painting
>>
>>50414896
Oll Pious has never been the one to stand up to Horus in canon with the exception of that mention of him as a saint in an IG banner but the Emperor DID bring a group of regular army men alongside Custodes, Blood Angels and Imperial Fists, why? Because its the enemy HQ and shit is about to get real so better get some chaff to die first.
>>
>>50414898
Yeah the models are shit thats why I dont have them. They're Blightkings from Age of Sigmar its just that Mutilators was all I could think of fielding them as other than possessed

Theres no points limit I'm just building up my army slowly, but somewhere around 1500 would be ideal
>>
>>50414896
I like the idea that he wasnt meant to be there. The VS boarding party was a last throw of the dice and he just sort of got caught in the teleportation.
>>
File: 1479950210937.jpg (25KB, 415x355px) Image search: [Google]
1479950210937.jpg
25KB, 415x355px
>>50414883
>5 Mutilators 325pts
>-Mark of Nurgle
>no landraider to get your GARABAGE into cc
>votl on muts why?
>no at
try putrid bikers
>>
>>50414931
Now that you mention it I think it's said that the Emperor pretty much gathered an ad hoc force of whatever he could get because of the limited time and all. That could include the Imperial Army too.
>>
>>50414794

I have an entire DA army available for 250 1500 points demi battle company,
>>
>>50414954
I thought mutilators deep strike?
>>
>>50414954
singular deep striking >>50414954
mutilators ar 2+ 5+ units with 2w what must be dealt with if you want to prevent them from absolutely massacring vehicles.
>>
>>50414989
>>50415027
I never thought I'd see someone defend mutilators on /tg/.
>>
>>50414989
They do, but because you can't assault out of deep strike they have to tank a whole turn of shooting before they can even attempt to kill something.
Land Raiders being assault vehicles and having somewhat serious dakka on their own helps with a mutilators usefulness.
>>
>>50415037 They are good in squads of one. Enemies are inevitablly going to spend more than they are worth in points to kill them.
>>
File: 99120201041_PutridBlighkings360.jpg (124KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120201041_PutridBlighkings360.jpg
124KB, 600x620px
>>50415044
Ahh makes sense. Might invest in a decent FW Landraider for my next purchase if I decide to keep them as mutilators

This is what they look like btw, any ideas as what else I could field them as? I only got them cause I really liked the models
>>
>>50415079
Obliteratiors are awesome in Land raiders. Have them step out, fire twin-linked plasma guns, then assault as soon as they are done. It's devastating.
>>
Hello, new guy here. I was told this is where you make requests for pdfs and novels.

Does anyone here have links to Dark Imperium anthology? Or specifically, Battle of the Archaeosaurs?

Less important are the Ahriman trilogy, but I'm mostly looking for the Archaeosaurs because of (natural deathworld) titan vs. Mechanicus titan shenanigans.
>>
>>50414867
>implying
I said I was glad he was changed in the context that he was no longer on the VS, not that he was changed to being a perpetual, but whatever.

For the record, the entire Cabal subplot and the concept of perpetuals sucks balls but is still more believable in-universe than some literally who Guardsman wandering into Emps' teleportarium and warping up to the battleship of the avatar of evil and surviving all the way to his showdown with the man himself..
>>
>>50415095
I'll start thinking of some conversion ideas then and go from there
>>
File: 1477616323227.jpg (39KB, 326x295px) Image search: [Google]
1477616323227.jpg
39KB, 326x295px
>Magnus loses
>>
>>50414984
Nah man, I only have 120 on me, he's paying the $65 when he gets paid.
>>
File: nurgle 10 min job.png (187KB, 918x950px) Image search: [Google]
nurgle 10 min job.png
187KB, 918x950px
>>50414940
Here you go senpai
I haven't played CSM since the beginning of 7th, so take with a pinch of salt
>>
>>50415037
>>50415130
I've had obliterators kill multiple leman russ in one turn due to twin-linked chainfists and squadron rules.

They better shoot things that can deal with 2+ armor at them, or suffer the consequences. They're great for distracting the enemy from more important things.
>>
>>50415146
Holy shit
>>50415144
I could give that a go. I do want to get typhus later on when I start getting more traitors
>>
File: 1479950456416.jpg (142KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1479950456416.jpg
142KB, 623x414px
>>50414989
>I thought mutilators deep strike?
you can't charge after deepstriking
that big fucking unit you have there is going to sit, likely have a turn of shooting directed at it and get nothing done.
and your army doesn't work with them. they just fucking sit there.
drop it
get a couple rhinos.
use your chosen for special weapons
get some AT
>>50415027
he's buying 5,
not 1 distraction.
that shit is the worst point sink
wasting a turn shooting at that block, turn 2-3 isn't a waste especially when he doesn't have any mechanised units to put pressure on me if I do.
>>
>>50414586
kill yourself
>>
>>50414883
Get (and by 'get' I mean model your basic marines as) some plague marines. If you have metuhl bawkses then use them. You have a MoN Chaos Lord. You might as well use 'em.
>>
>>50415180
Don't forget that Legions will be out soon, you should wait and see what formations are there for DG
>>
>>50415192
That could be fair doable. I should have enough bits lying around
>>50415198
Yeah good point. Im hoping for some new models that arent Tzeentch as well
>>50415181
What if I run possessed then? Are they any good in battle?
>>
Anyone know of any model or any other company that has a bear rider?? I want to use bears instead of wolves in my not space wolves army because fuck yiffs
>>
File: 1456428583890.jpg (86KB, 604x533px) Image search: [Google]
1456428583890.jpg
86KB, 604x533px
WRATH OF MAGNUS SCANS WHERE

WHERE
H
E
R
E
>>
wait, nevermind on the books. I found them. Thank you based TG and your stockpiles of data. Love ya.
>>
>>50415231
>book isn't even out yet
>scans
>>
>>50415231
New stuff usually gets leaked by Tuesday, hold out till then.
>>
>>50414896
>>50414931
>>50414942
The original story of Ollanius Pius took place before it was said that the Vengeful Spirit was where the confrontation between the Emperor and Horus took place.
>>
>>50415213

Possessed are sub par, over-costed, and considered a tax at best and waste of a mold at worst.
>>
>>50415213
>What if I run possessed then? Are they any good in battle?
possessed are a bit fragile and it's been a couple editions before i used them for anything more then kitbashing.
I;ve heard they are much better then they used to be and we can't be sure until the new legion books how they will roll but i'd stick with some termies instead for now.
cheap power weapons
you can sucide deep strike them with combi weapons
very versatile.
>>
>>50415256
I want some Imperial Agents leaks.
>>
>>50415277

Hack BL site and find the epub of it, then
>>
>>50415276
>>50415275
All right Ill stick to this advice. Godamn I should have thought that purchase through
>>
File: Stormhawk Interceptor.jpg (84KB, 647x892px) Image search: [Google]
Stormhawk Interceptor.jpg
84KB, 647x892px
Just got a Stormhawk Interceptor, is it a good buy? And what should I put on it /tg/?
>>
>>50414597
Looks like a much friendlier apocalypse game than at my lgs, featuring a several imperial knights and forge world variants, a fucking titan, wraithknight spam, and that eldar titan. I mean I get where this is all supposed to come out but show some restraint people
>>
>>50415277
>>50415290
Was this retarded meme confirmed?
>>
>>50415300
>Apoc
>literally the only time Titans and superheavy units can be acceptably used/spammed
>WOW GUYS STOP USING TITANS AND SUPERHEAVIES
I bet you never even played back in 4th when the D wiped armies no questions asked
>>
drop down 3 singular units of obliterators with mark of nurgle is cheap as hell for 3 units that are intimidating as hell to the enemy. They are scary as shit if you arent using your elite slots.
>>
>>50415295
what do you have to work with anon
also it isn't all bad, kit bash or the new legion might have gal vorbak equivalents
>>
>>50415303
What retarded meme?
>>
>>50415324
Imperial Agents. Specifically it being a catchall codex for Custodes, SoS, Assassins, and more importantly SoB. /tg/ wouldn't shut the fuck up about it a week or two ago.
>>
>>50415300
Which GW?
>>
>>50415299
I like giving mine the Lastalon and Typhoon Missile Launchers, havent tried a StormTalon yet.
>>
>>50415319
Heres hoping. Ill probably buy some chaos termi and some havoc bits from ebay and use those for a kit bash
>>
>>50415313
You're right. My distaste for that lgs is just making me a little salty.
>>
>>50415295
There might be a few formations that let you use them well in some of the half-assed supplements CSM have gotten recently. I'm not sure if any made them usable but you might find one you like if you want to try them and maybe get a bonus from it.
>>
>>50415336
Yes its real and its happening

http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/9-smaller-factions-including.html

Go and read some fucking news for once anon
>>
>>50415213
Possessed CAN BE okay if you run the Traitor's Hate formation that's three squads plus a Daemon Prince. They're still mongo expensive, and unfortunately have to stay near the DP-- And you're still usually better off getting something else.

Hopefully word bear tactics will buff them.
>>
I suggest you never use more than a single obliterator per squad, it just into worth it.
>>
>>50415367
>natfka
So have we actually seen this issue yet? If not I'm fine continuing to call bullshit until we get a reliable source.

>can't wait to BTFO you when this is legit, etc.
I don't give a fuck, I'll admit I'm wrong when I see proof but not before.
>>
>>50413813
Tzaangors are only available in the Coven as a "Warherd," which is probably minimum three units. Definitely an option at 1500, but kinda big at 1000.

Auxiliary options are the Warherd, a cabal (3-9 casters), a Daemon Engine, or a tank.
>>
>>50415389
mutilator*
>>
>>50415144
what program is this?
>>
>>50415392
that blurb is from a pic from Dec WD

>>50415411
http://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
>>50414755
Except orks, they spend enough as it is.
>>
>>50414339
>The only quest for knowledge left in the universe is the quest to find intact STCs. The Admech has a raging hardon for finding them some STCs.

Wat is STC?
>>
>>50415411
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
File: IMG_1977.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1977.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What does tg think of my magnetisation?
I'll post the rest as well.
Sorry for shit photos.
>>
>>50415392
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/19/this-december-all-is-dust-and-loads-of-new-books/
>>
File: IA.jpg (63KB, 563x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IA.jpg
63KB, 563x1000px
>>50415336
Yes it's confirmed. Coming out on the 17th of December.

Complete list:

GK
SoB
SoS
Inq
Stormtroopers
Wyrdvane Psykers
Deathwatch
Assassins
Custodes

And it doesn't seem to be a full rollup, just individual units.

It's in the new WD.
>>
>>50415392
Hey, fucknuts, read here. LITERALLY the first sentence.

>http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/11/40k-rumors-codex-imperial-agents-factions.html

I know, it's BOLS, whatever.
>>
File: IMG_1978.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1978.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>50415424
idk why they are coming up sideways when i post, wtf?
>>
>>50415440
Crop it slightly
>>
>>50415392
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/19/this-december-all-is-dust-and-loads-of-new-books/

Heres a pretty picture for you
>>
>>50415421
Standard Template Construct, a gizmo from the Dark Age of Tech that made sure colonists had all they needed to survive, basically a source of technology which contains all knowledge made by man, from sporks to baneblades and cure for all diseases.
>>
File: IMG_1979.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1979.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>50415440
Last one
>>
>>50415460
new tau mechs are gay and you should feel gay.
>>
>>50415440
Your phone stores rotation metadata in the pictures you take and your phone apps and many image viewers can interpret this data and rotate a photo for you to be rightside up automatically. 4chan doesn't pay any attention to this metadata though so it you don't know what you're doing you get tilted photos.
>>
>>50415467
Well it's not like I had much of a choice over which broadside to buy. Also HRR is shit now and HYMP are not available to old broadsides.
>>50415467
Thanks, didn't know that, been a lurker mostly.
>>
>>50415415
>>50415430
>>50415450
Today /tg/ actually gave proof. Good going, guys.

>>50415435
>17th of December
Where are you getting this or am I just blind?

>>50415437
>BoLS
>reliable proof
>this arrogant about it
Loving every laugh my friend.
>>
File: IMG_1977.jpg (949KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1977.jpg
949KB, 2448x3264px
Non sideways edition
How is it tg?
>>
>>50415488
I dont really mean it to be honest. One riptide as Tau is fine, and expected. If you take more than one you're a faggot though.

If your opponent is taking fucking gay formations do whatever the fuck you want through.
>>
>>50415502
I said it's in the WD. Codex: Imperial Agents, Pre Order 10th, out 17th.
>>
File: IMG_1978.jpg (642KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1978.jpg
642KB, 2448x3264px
>>50415510
Next one
>>
>>50415502
>Where are you getting this or am I just blind?

Either WD also or something from WHC (Warhammer Community)
>>
>>50415421
Blueprints from the Dark Age of Technology.

Can be anything, from an electric "back massager" to a land raider.
>>
>>50415510
honestly i think you should've drilled in holes then covered it with greenstuff to make it more secure. bare metal on metal will have the magnets falling off in the future, at least it happens to me
>>
File: IMG_1979.jpg (752KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1979.jpg
752KB, 2448x3264px
>>50415517
I don't own a riptide :(
I do however own 2 remora drones a barracuda AX-5-2 and run both in 1000 point games since my store is wraith spam, necron autism, grey knight psychic bs and bloodthirster spam
>>50415529
last one
>>
>>50415458

So what happens when the AdMech finally find an intact STC designing machine, activate it, and it turns out to be run by a "man of iron" sapient AI?
>>
>>50415550
They killed it the last time that happened.
>>
>>50415539
What do you mean by "bare metal on metal"?
The model is plastic. Sorry I don't understand the problem.
>>
>>50415550
Please do some research before you start spewing retarded bullshit
>>
>>50415543
You should get a riptide, but you can make do with two or three missileside's. Probably three. Three and a Riptide can be incredibly effective just by themselves.
>>
>>50415550
Kill it because if there's something worse than ignorance is getting your race assfucked by terminators.
>>
>>50415543
>grey knight psychic bs
Literally trash-tier

>bloodthirster spam
Annoying but as Tau you have tons of solutions

>>50415558
He means having the magnets touching instead of making a hole for them, or making a hole and covering the magnet once inserted. He's also not wrong, they will at the very least scratch off any paint you put on them otherwise
>>
>>50415558
Magnets are made of metal.
>>
>>50415562
I'm planning to, I did just get my xv95 and now my OSC is complete and I can go annoy tanks with it at least.
>>
>>50413944
>>50414023
>>50414104
>Fulgrim can easily make semi-flawed Ferrus clones
>Big E can JoJo Ferrus' spirit to fight for him
>Mars created chapters for kicks until the Inquisition slapped them on the wrist

Ferrus coming back isn't as unlikely as you'd think...
>>
>>50415550
then it gets evaluated. the men of iron are put through their loyalty paces. depending on the results they destroy the men of iron or they use them

the only other instance of that happening, the whole job was chaos corrupted because dan abnett book and sabatt crusade. so it was detroyed.
>>
File: gb.png (747KB, 1020x746px) Image search: [Google]
gb.png
747KB, 1020x746px
>Just chosen my Nurgle Warband after i get my airbrush and thus get back into 40k
>New formations soon too
If only FW wasn't so goddamn expensive or CSM models got an update
>>
>>50415570
Will they scratch off primer?
I'm planning on running them as kel'shan sept and they run a grey/black scheme so I was planning on priming black then going a bit of grey with yellow highlights
>>
>>50415597
You should drill holes for the magnets, anon. They look much better, the way you've done it, there's massive gaps between pieces.
>>
I haven't been looking at 40k for half a year, now.
I heard Thousand Sons are good now so I came back. What's new?
>>
>>50415604
I didn't think of drilling or using green stuff, was my first magnetisation and I didn't completely know what I was doing. I'll know for next time, thanks though.
>>
>>50415597
Yes, they will scratch off primer and paint through general abrasion between magnets and leave whatever color scheme you pick with silver dots all over it. You really should drill holes.
>>
>>50415612
So Genestealer Cults are back, they're fantastic, easily tip top tier.

TSons have a full range, including Daemon Magnus, who's the size of a Knight. Him and his pals have killed off most of the Fenris system and forced the SW to kill most of the population of Fenris themselves. Rules-wise, TSons are Mid tier.

Sisters of Battle are getting a plastic update next month.
>>
>>50415644
Should I go GSC or Admech, army-info-anon?
>>
File: Sad Shane.jpg (664KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Shane.jpg
664KB, 1536x2048px
>>50415657
It's you again, isn't it?

Fuck you, make your mind up already.

But if you're not the same anon who keeps asking that, GSC.
>>
If I want to invest a lot of points into tricked out Skitarii infantry, how can I protect them? Void shield generator? In my mind I can't imagine my plasma squad doing anything other than eating a stormshard mortar or some sort of pie plate turn one and not making their points back.
>>
>>50415697
VSG is literally the only protection you have from cover-ignoring artillery, since the only other real protection is some kind of tanky bullet-catcher HQ to sit at the front of their squad, or else the tactical use of allied vehicles to block LoS/provide obscurement cover saves.
>>
Can Sisters take Priests in Kill Team, or are they not allowed due to technically being HQ units?
>>
>>50415706
What is their FoC slot/battlefield role?
It it one that's allowed in Kill Team?

These questions answer themselves Anon.
>>
>>50415706
They're not technically an HQ unit, they ARE an HQ unit
>>
>>50415715>>50415706

It says they're HQ units but they also don't take up a Force Organization slot so I guess maybe by RAW they aren't allowed?
>>
File: iron-without.jpg (127KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
iron-without.jpg
127KB, 650x823px
Does someone have The Iron Without short story?
>>
>>50415697
Either that, or attach a Dominus to tank.

Once we get the Triaros though, shit is going to get way too real.
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-Ork Hunter.jpg (168KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-Ork Hunter.jpg
168KB, 650x822px
anyone uploaded this yet?
>>
So what will be the best way to run rubrics?

Rhinos?
>>
>>50415812
You start by not taking them. Then it ends witg you with taking anything else
>>
>>50415768
Killteam currently runs on the kill team detachment. sisters codex says 0-5 per detachment and don't take up slots. so it doesn't matter that the killteam detachment doesn't have HQ slots, priests don't take up hq slots.
>>
Do any other Tsons get bonuses to casting spells or is it only magnus?
>>
>>50414310
>those blatantly "I'm gonna make Germans but have no idea how to paint them" guardsmen

Disgusting. So many good painting oppurtunities for vehicle camo and uniforms like ambush pattern or pea dot wasted.
>>
>>50415848
There's a Formation that gives everything manifests on 3+, and in the Grand Detachment they re-roll Perils.
>>
Is the Tau start collecting box good?
>>
File: IMG_3177.jpg (92KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3177.jpg
92KB, 650x823px
Anyone read this? Sounds cool, hoping someone here has it as an uploadable pdf since I can't access the Mega.
>>
>>50415550
This actually happened in one of the Gaunts Ghosts novels. Said Men of Iron were horribly tainted by chaos and were badly deformed+extremely hostile, so the machine was destroyed.
>>
File: boring DE list.png (179KB, 805x969px) Image search: [Google]
boring DE list.png
179KB, 805x969px
So how effective is this list?
Honestly i'm not touching 40k until 8th, but just want some feedback since DE got faq back to mid tier and i'm thinking of dusting them off
>>
File: DrachArt.jpg (55KB, 355x601px) Image search: [Google]
DrachArt.jpg
55KB, 355x601px
>Drach'nyen aka the End of Empires aka Echo of the First Murder
>It's a daemon that was born when the first sentient human murdered his fellow man in cold blood
>This act, It's birth, is THE defining moment of mankind. It's when humanity's destiny was sealed
>As it was born, it reached out into the minds of all mankind. Every man, woman, and child that live, lived, and will live felt its touch as it tainted mankind across time and space
>Truly, a daemon of Chaos Undivided. It's kindred with all the daemons of Four and yet it stands apart. Wherever it goes, it will find a home each and everyone of the Four Powers
>It can sense anyone who shed blood no matter who or what it is. Machine or flesh. They are its prey. It hunts those who committed murder and feasts on their souls and flesh
>It can shapeshift into anything. From the tornado of claws and jaws to microscope bacteria
>It can mass possess machines and humans. However, it cannot possess the Custodes or the Sisters of Silences, these hated enemies it just slaughtered.
>It hunts the Emperor seeing his destruction and the fall of his empire as its singular purpose
>So strong its connection to mankind that Emperor was vulnerable to its lethal violence. Where it wounded him it sucked out his soul. Its destruction or banishment was something beyond the Emperor
>The Emperor fooled into imprisoning itself inside a Custodes who then fled as far as he can from the Emperor to protect he Emperor from the daemon meant to kill him

GW/BL created a new awesome daemon. My god. Its awesomeness is only second to Be'lakor.

And Abaddon has claimed the Daemon. Locked in its sword prison and in his hands. Abaddon can draw upon the daemons power or even release it at will. Consider the implications guys. Abaddon has a weapon that can perma-kill the Emperor and he can drain its power for himself.

This makes Abaddon a match for the Emperor. Heck, that makes Abaddon stand above the Primarchs, even Horus.
>>
>>50415517
>your opponent is taking fucking gay formations do whatever the fuck you want through.
This is why optimizing with shitty codex is a losing battle. As soon as you take a good formation with CSM or Orks or DEldar, Tau shitters feel justified in blasting you off the table with Rapetide Wings and Shitsurges.
>>
>>50415937
who's the idiot that decided to smear their armor in orange stripes?
>>
File: 1464796130784.jpg (55KB, 438x354px) Image search: [Google]
1464796130784.jpg
55KB, 438x354px
Anyone have experience with using e-readers for tabletop reference?

I'm looking into getting once for the sake of portability but still unsure if it'd be worth it (besides making pirating that much more useful).
>>
>>50415982
Tbqh I like the color scheme, iirc they're supposed to look like thorns.
>>
>>50415935
The formation you can run it in is decent, but you need more than just that for larger games. i would suggest looking at forgeworld tau since every single fw model for tau is good except for the drones and turrets. Also tau vehicles are always disappointing compared to battlesuits and gw flyers are shit. other than that it is a good buy for starting.
>>
File: eldar super heavy.jpg (262KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
eldar super heavy.jpg
262KB, 1600x1200px
>>50415999
No anon, it's not even close.
>>
>>50415970
The madness is real.
he was talking about gay formations like wraith spam, bloodthrister spam, necron bs and sm formations. csm deldar and ork formations get mown over by cads, no formation needed.
>>
>>50415079
>>50415095
>>50415146
>>50415192
>>50415198
>>50415276
Oh shit what if I run them as Traitor Guard Ogryns? I know fuck all about Imperial Guard though
>>
>>50415935
It's among the best value sets you can get. If you were going to buy Crisis, buy it instead and flip the FWs and Ethereal on Ebay, if not keep them.

>>50416014
>every single fw model for tau is good
Hazards
>Also tau vehicles are always disappointing compared to battlesuits
Skyray fills a Skyfire Markerlight niche no battlesuit can, also Barracuda

Also
>recommending FW to a beginner
>to start an army no less
>>
>>50416014
I was planning on buying 2 of em, and the new battleforce coming out and a riptide. Even know I'll get hated for using a riptide, it's my money and no-one can tell me otherwise
>>
>>50416066
Here you are famalam
>For Chaos Ogyrns/Heretics
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Renegades_and_Heretics(7E)

>For CSM
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)

Apart from that you need to see how each army plays and choose
>>
>>50413598
Anyone have the ebooks of the Beast Arises #9 and so on? The Mega folder only have the first two.
>>
>>50416089
My hero cheers homie!!
>>
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage or Wrath of Khorne? Trying to decide on which one to get.

Insensate Rage seems like he can Remove: Everything, while Wrath of Khorne seems like he can do serious damage as well, especially Character Hunt.
>>
File: MindBlown.jpg (78KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
MindBlown.jpg
78KB, 250x250px
>>50413713
>denies autistic rage
>whines about WAAC Chaosfags
>in the 40k gen

That musta been some dialog.
>>
>>50416143
Take a look there yourself if you're just going to dig up old comments about WAAC Chaosfags (they do exist, see >>50414537) and it was fucking obnoxious.

Last thread was shit up by it, let's not bring it back.
>>
>>50416143
>>denies autistic rage
What? What... denial of ANYTHING do you even see there?
>>
>>50416079
1 riptide is fine
2 start collecting and the new battelforce sound good, maybe convert the xv88 rail rifle into a railgun for the devilfish and use it as a hammerhead.
>>50416068
I said that gw makes bad aircraft and that vehicles are bad
never mentioned flyers and for the record i use remora drones for my skyfire markerlights.
hazards are good, they are survivable close support units that can mow down meq and geq.
I started my army with the old start collecting box and a pair of remoras, i have been winning most of my games.
>>
>>50416234
>maybe convert the xv88 rail rifle into a railgun for the devilfish and use it as a hammerhead
People really need to stop suggesting this. It looks stupid in practice.

>I said that gw makes bad aircraft and that vehicles are bad
>never mentioned flyers
You said Battlesuits were always better than vehicles, flyers are vehicles, the Barracuda is a flyer, and Skyrays and Remoras have niche uses.

>hazards are good
They are horribly overcosted, especially relative to Crisis. An average unit at best, at least as far as battlesuits go.
>>
>>50415983

I suppose a cheap second-hand iPad or other would be worth it.

Generally anything that works for your purposes, backlit or not. Probably better to go cheap if that's all you'll be using it for.
>>
>>50414655
Wait so I have to buy 3 packs of pink horrors + convert 20 fire models, to have a fuctional pack of 10 pink horrors.
>>
So, my friends convinced me to at least play 40k at the killteam level, possibly working up to full normal sized games. My concern is that my manual dexterity is beyond terrible. I'm half decent at assembly, but I'm so bad at painting. When I tried getting into Warmachine a few years back i ruined two boxes of models and it turned me off of the game completely, even it was no fault of the games. What should I do?
>>
>>50416268
You can run Pink Horrors without using the ridiculously OP split rule, but if you want to cheese your opponent into hating you, be prepared to spend a ton of money on blue horrors and brimstones for the privilege, and good luck convincing anyone to let you use shitty proxies for that. If my opponent is going to do anything involving free models/summoning they better have every single one painted up to tournament standard.
>>
>>50416291
Have a friend/hire someone to paint? Costly, but if you don't want to paint but don't want to have grey tide.
>>
>>50416300
I don't want to use this rule, Only the worst faggots would spend $48 x 3 and all the bases and fire shit to make flickering fire. for just 10 models. I'd rather just bring thousand sons as my troop choice than pink horrors if I had to do that shit.
>>
>Magnus special edition is $200
>460 for one of everything
>640 burger bucks for the whole thing

Is this the future of releases now? I have money put aside for when Sisters inevitably show up, but God damn, not that much yet.
>>
File: careful what you wish for.jpg (37KB, 250x286px) Image search: [Google]
careful what you wish for.jpg
37KB, 250x286px
>>50416350
this is the future you chose anon
>>
I played in a tournament today /tg/
2k points, I took my dark eldar, many venoms, reavers, ravagers, scourges and a razorwing for backup
first game was against imperial guard, the dude had a hellhammer, paskisher and co, couple chimera vet squads, vulture and a manticore, and as such I was worried, until the scourges+trueborn destroyed both the hellhammer and commander pask in one turn, getting me 10 VP from various objectives
second game was a total wash for the other dude, he had csm with a cabal, bikerstar with a black mace Lord, and a raptor talon alongside a couple squads of chosen and havocs
havocs evaporated turn one under venom fire, and a lucky ravager shot exploded a rhino with a sorcerer+chosen in it, half the chosen died, they ran off the board with the sorcerer in tow, reavers cleaned up the scraps over the next 2 turns
shit was fun yo
>>
>>50415983
The iPad codex versions are pretty good honestly, if you're willing to buy them again on the device instead of just getting a pdf.
>>
>>50416387

I didn't choose anything, and if these are the future of prices, I don't see how anyone can keep up.
>>
>>50416350
>460 for one of everything
It's only 4 kits anon, there's no way it's that much

Unless you're also getting the fucking special characters in which case, that's your fault for shelling out so much
>>
>>50416400
This isn't a new development. 40k is expensive. You have no obligation to shell out for the premium collector's edition Codex or the massively oversized Daemon Primarch that won't see use in most games.
>>
File: IMG_20161127_031915.jpg (139KB, 700x1056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161127_031915.jpg
139KB, 700x1056px
>>50416413

Pic related.

I'm just saying that I'm worried about future releases that I would be interested in, though frankly 1ks have always been my favorite legion.

>>50416429

I've been playing Sisters for 12 years now, and I haven't had a printed book since Witch Hunters. You bet your ass I'll be getting a premium collector's edition.
>>
>>50413944
Keep dead guys dead.
>>
>>50416470
Son Magnus is the size of a Knight. Of course that shits expensive.
>>
>>50416481

I get that, but again, I'm worried about a $50 box of 5 Sisters, $60 immolator kit, $60 Seraphim kit, and $80 penitent engine kit because they can.
>>
>>50416492
>implying Sisters will even get their own codex and not literally be a part of Imperial Agents as was confirmed earlier in this very thread

Consider the fact that buying Rubrics is actually cheaper now than it used to be. In any case that bundle is massively overpriced because it has no fewer than five (5) characters, two of them special and one of them Knight-sized.

The models are actually reasonably priced by GW's standards.
>inb4
>GW
>reasonable
>>
>>50416492
You could wait. Unless you want the limited edition book it's not like you can't get all that stuff later. And the bundle isn't a discount at all.
>>
>girl is a big fan of dunmer, dark elves and dark eldar
>wears a choker
hmmm
>>
>>50416350
Don't buy the fucking limited edition. And if you do certainly don't also pay $75 for a normal book too.
>>
>>50416532
Hope you're ready for bondage anon
>>
>>50414597
>every vehicle is just piled up on each other

That actually looks quite retarded
>>
>>50416516

They specifically mentioned GKTs and Battle Sisters, which leaves many to believe that its a swiss army Codex. I highly doubt we'll see Babby Carriers and Dominions in imperial agents.

However if after all this time they simply roll them into a fucking shared Codex while Genestealer Cults and Thousand Sons get their own Codex, I'm selling out of 40k.
>>
>>50416532
Hmmm....

Expect either bondage or master/slave roleplay. Likely both.
>>
File: file.png (75KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
75KB, 600x420px
>>50416617
>>
File: 1470089613701.jpg (147KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470089613701.jpg
147KB, 500x500px
>>50416532
>choker
More like "expects you to choke her" amirite?
>>
>>50416664
>>50416556
Showers tend to just be after the fantasy.
>>
>>50416667

I know. One less turd in the pile of shit, but at least I'd have a proper excuse to be done and get some cash back at least.
>>
File: But that's heresy.jpg (38KB, 450x619px) Image search: [Google]
But that's heresy.jpg
38KB, 450x619px
>>50413944
>he was cloned and is genetically reborn on Mars.
>>
>>50413944
>his spirit lived on in the machine
What machine?
>>
>>50416677
Good point.
>>
>>50415230
>bear rider
scibor
>>
>>50415812
Yeah.
>>
>>50415983
I use a surface pro.

Drawboard lets me have multiple pdfs open (army list, codex, rulebook, supplements) and scribble notes on them.
>>
File: Emperor_s_Children_by_megalaros.jpg (122KB, 628x708px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_s_Children_by_megalaros.jpg
122KB, 628x708px
So what do you autismo's think of Noise Marines?
>>
>>50416798
Cool concept that hasn't had good models for freaking ever.
>>
>>50415935
Another anon mentioned this, crisis suits are your bread and butter and you'll be getting a few more of these boxes down the line just for them. Remember to magnetize the weapons, you'll use them all at some point. If you dont want/need the FW you can easily convert them into bare-bones pathfinders
>>50416014
Nigger fight me Tau vehicles are playable for sexiness alone. Suits can only remove AV13 as suicide squads of crisis suits, and while effective, a hammerhead or three is also effective, a fire redirect that wont instantly die, and starts on the field, and gives you squads of charge interrupting drones. Different rolls on the battlefield.

Whats this talk of a new battleforce?
>>
>>50416798
That I'd like to play them in my kill team army, but after giving the unit the sonic blasters and doom siren I find myself with only 80 points left and even less if I chose to give them a Rhino and I have no idea what else to put in
Any suggestion, /tg/?
>>
>>50416839
More dudes. There's no way a unit of 10 with sonic blasters costs 120 points, so tack a couple more guys on or buy a blastmaster.
>>
File: 3572.1.1000.1000.FFFFFF.0.jpg (153KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3572.1.1000.1000.FFFFFF.0.jpg
153KB, 1000x1000px
>>50415230
Mantic sells dwarves riding giant badgers.
>>
If I already have 11 flamers of tzeentch, Did the thousand sons marines come with anything else other than the flamers and autocannon?
>>
>>50416850
And should I add the Rhino?
>>
>>50416839
my Noise Marine Kill team consists of 5 marines with sonic blasters and CCW's, the champion with a combi-plasma gun, and then 10 cultists (8 of which get an autogun)
>>
File: 1395713202590.jpg (70KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1395713202590.jpg
70KB, 500x503px
>No Blastmaster Predators
>>
>>50416868
Nope. Take inferno bolters.
>>
>>50416870
why are you taking a rhino when in kill team only 1 guy can ride in it?
>>
>>50415517
is anvil strike force gay?
>>
File: 1457403769092.png (1MB, 720x958px) Image search: [Google]
1457403769092.png
1MB, 720x958px
>>50416874
>Sonic Dread is kill
>only found this out a day after it went out of stock
I'M STILL FUCKING MAD
>>
>>50416881

If taken as a dedicated transport the whole unit can deploy in it. Even in kill team. A model that leaves can't re-enter though (unless it's empty).
>>
>>50416875
Is the autocannon worth taking?
>>
>>50416038
he just means that as soon as you take a formation your opponent calls it fair game and piles on the bullshit.

it's like when you take a stompa or a single IK and that somehow justifies wraithknights and stormsurge formations.
>>
>>50416881
this is not true. Any number of models whose squad the dedicated transport belongs to may start the game embarked in it, and any number of models may hop in or out as the game goes on (following rules for capacity of course)
>>
>>50416893
We need Warp Amplifiers/Dirge Casters and Laud Hailers so we can have the Slaanesh vs. SoB battle of the bands again.
>>
>>50416881
It would be the first time I'd play Kill Team, and I remembered wrongly, it appears that if the models are part of a single unit in the army book you can embark them together, even if they act as individual units otherwise
>>
>>50415963
Well here's a few things:

> Succi + Incubi
Honestly this squad is going to get blown up 1st turn every time

> Trueborn
Firstly. don't mix weapons. Secondly, I always rather take more warriors, more cost effective.

> Scourges
the HAYwire weapon (forget the name) is more effective. Two of these squads as "suicide" units do really well for me. Looking at peoples faces as I remove a knight with them is always the highlight of my match.

>Corpsethief Claw
I don't like investing too much extra in this formation because of it's cost. Also Scourges are better haywire platforms. Does your meta really not have that much grav to make this unit terrible?
>>
>>50416908
To be fair, any shitlord who would think of doing something like that is probably so bad at the game that a single IK or even Stompa can cause some real problems for them.

That and, for example in the case of the latter, uninformed players look at the Stompa and see "the Ork Titan" and think you're trying to cheese out on them. They won't even give a shit about its rules once they convince themselves of that.

Dare you win a game, and you all but confirm their suspicions. After all, it can't be that they're bad.
>>
>>50414023
>>50415584
>reborn cyborg-Ferrus with a living metal head and a thirst for vengency
>kindofwant.jpg
>>
>>50416902
It is, but it's only 1 per 10 models, so only if you find taking a maxed out squad itself is worth taking.
>>
>>50416798
Loud Chaos marine is Best Chaos marine
>>
File: wrath.png (117KB, 378x208px) Image search: [Google]
wrath.png
117KB, 378x208px
https://natfka.blogspot.de/2016/11/wrath-of-sigmar-updated-rules-and.html

"cool happy worth every bit stunning amazing kickass cute nice gorgeous pretty nice incredible evolution new better cool cool real cool cool killer art [...]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx7v815bYUw
>>
>>50416902
Might as well get something out of S&P
>>
>>50416798
Frankly GW needs to give the other 3 cult units an updated, i'd have one every 3 months - 1 for every legion as a mini release
>>
>>50417114
What does S&P means?, Right now I got 9 screamers + herald, 11 flamers of tzeentch, demon prince, lord of change, and a shooty soul defiler. and I wanted to do Thousand sons with them, (I also got 15 bloodletters and 10 daemenettes) but they aren't tzeentch.
>>
>>50417147
Sorry, and 15 pink horrors.
>>
File: IMG_3163.jpg (33KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3163.jpg
33KB, 300x350px
>tfw Sons of Malice will never be expanded upon
>we will never have Malice Daemonkin
>we will never have a supplement/campaign based upon the Lord of Contradiction's Cannabalistic Sons who fight in pure silence.
Why live.
>>
>>50417147
Don't they still have Slow and Purposeful? Along with a bunch of rules that make them kinda shitty for assault, it lets them fire heavy weapons while on the move.
>>
>>50414905
>he plays Nids and Chaos
Oh anon... start from scratch
>>
I've been suckered into jumping back into this shitshow so I'm dusting off my DEldar, I know they got nerfed hard but fuck you, best faction.

What should I stay away from in this edition?
>>
>>50417314
>Nerfed
Anon, they reversed the ruling where the passengers jinked. Your gunboats, like your legs, are okay.
>>
>>50417314
Everything but the Haemonculi and their creations.
>>
Now that we have a general idea of what changed and was added with Warzone Fenris 2, can we start talking about much better legions?
Do we have any rumors about what can we expect from the Traitor Legions book?
>>
>>50417186
Slow and purposeful and only 1 heavy weapon per 10 guys?.
>>
>>50417342
Nothing, mate. We'll probably see stuff starting tommorow.
>>
>>50416532
wealth beyond measure outlander
>>
Please don't tell me that a rubic marine squad is worse than pink horrors.
>>
>>50417176
Malice/Malal is just a shit meme
>>
If you have an allied detachment in your army does it have to follow the same force organisation rules it can you just have whatever? Like if I run an Inquisition ally with my DA would the inquisition have to have 1 hq 2 troops etc. ??
>>
>>50417373

>Rubric Marine is 22 points
>3+/4++ MEQ
>Ap3 Bolter

>Pink Horror is 9 points
>GEQ 5++
>ML1 Psyker
>splits into 2 more wounds with -1 stats
>still ML1 psyker
>potentially 2 units
>each splits into 4 more wounds with further -1 stats
>still ML1 psyker

Gee, you tell me.
>>
>>50416124
Bump, plz answer.
>>
>>50414600
They had to gimp him somehow, even with access to just two hrs very strong; if he had access to all he'd be nigh invincible.
>>
>>50417347
Yeah, it's mainly a drawback on Thousand Sons.
>>
>>50417418
>4 more wounds
Effectively 2 wounds against anything but certain poison based weapons.
>>
>>50417449
>perils
>>
>>50417418
So a pink horror turns into 2 blue horrors and two blue horrors turn into 4 flickering flames? do they need to role for this?
>>
>>50417449

Still. That's a 9 point model with an effective 5 wounds that need 3 phases to kill.
>>
>>50417385
It has to follow a formation. That can be a CAD (1 HQ and 2 Troops) or it could be a more specialized formation from the allies codex that has a different composition. For example, Imperial Knights have a Formation that just consists of 1-3 Knights. So you could take just one Knight on it's own as an ally.
>>
>>50413944
>Implying you can destroy necrodermis. Ferrus just phased out and was relocated back to Mars, next to the Void dragon.
>>
>tfw started building eldar allies for my dark eldar
>ran an autarch with banshee mask attached to a squad of reaver jetbikes
HoW for days boys
>>
File: nemesis.jpg (76KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
nemesis.jpg
76KB, 600x500px
>>50417468
Yeah. Honestly it wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't all psykers. They'd just be tarpitty. Being Psykers keeps them a threat.

Even more reason to break out the spooky skeleton.
>>
>>50417467

It's actually 1 into 2 and 2 into 4. They split each time. If you have a certain herald upgrade, they split 1>4>8.

No roll.

Remember that they are still psykers capable of summoning more horrors.

A unit of 20 horrors takes 4 wounds from shooting. At the end of the phase, it makes a new unit of blue horrors with 8 models. The following turn, both the blue and pink units summon a unit of horrors. The opponent on their turn puts another 6 wounds into the 16 horrors from before and 4 into the blues, which makes a new unit of 12 blue horrors, and a new unit of 8 brimstone horrors. Now, the daemons player has 3 units of 10 horrors (2 summoned, and 1 remaining),a unit of 4 and 12 horrors, a unit of 8 brimstone horrors all spawned from the the initial squad of 20 horrors. For those counting at home, that's 6 psykers! Congrats! You shooting the horrors has doubled the amount of power dice they give!

Wulfen effectivly broke the game.
>>
>>50417507
>Someone is going to buy enough horrors to do this
My god.
>>
File: Beepboopfucktheloyalists.jpg (263KB, 910x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Beepboopfucktheloyalists.jpg
263KB, 910x2048px
>>50415591
In the Christmas gift guide they list "Deathguard Green" as a paint - it doesn't currently exist.

Considering the Thousand Sons release is accompanied by "Thousand Sons Blue", this implies there's a Death Guard release pretty soon.

We live in hope.
>>
>>50417507
>>50417516
>But horrors can only roll on change!
>>
File: Peace_was_never_an_option.jpg (24KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Peace_was_never_an_option.jpg
24KB, 400x533px
>>50417516

>its less than 300 points to take an allied detachment that doubles the blue horrors from the squad of 20 and drops the gate to summon 1d6 horrors a turn
>each unit has a chance of rolling Sacrifice to be able to summon another herald that doubles the splits
>if the gate dies, you can also sacrifice the herald that spawned it to summon another herald with the gate
>>
>>50417418
>>50417449
>>50417467
>>50417507
1 blue horror turns into 1 flickering flame
Each flame model is meant to represent the two flames created from one horror, that's the reason it has two wounds
Also we'll have to wait next Saturday to ask confirmation on 40k's facebook page, but most likely the blue horrors and the flames can only use the Change discipline, so they can't summon more daemons with Daemonology
>>
>>50417547
Still bullshit purely from a warp dice standpoint.
>>
File: yeboi.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
yeboi.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>50417525
>death guard
Yeeeeeeeee Boooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
>>
>>50417547

>they can only summon chariots
>or get an 18" D line
>it's not that bad guys!
>>
>>50417541
New Horrors cant use daemonology. Which is a good thing, even without it they are absolutely bonkers.

And people who argue about this: Get loved-tenderly-but-firmly. Newer codexes since Craftworld Eldar state which lores you can take. That includes the use of Sanctic/Malefic. Eldars cant take Malefic, only Sanctic. Space marines can use both. Genestealer Cult cant use neither.
>>
>>50417565
>Eldars
FUCKING stopped reading here, how can someone so well-informed be so fucking dense about affixing -s to a word THAT IS ITS OWN PLURAL
>>
>>50417564
The D-line is mangus only. didnt you wonder why with the new spells, change had 8 spells?
>>
>>50417507
>>50417516
>>50417531
>>50417541
Jesus fucking Christ, Why couldn't they just make thousand sons better Demons were already good. I don't even know what to do with this information. any other chaos demons players here?, How many pink horrors you got?
>>
>>50417587
>What is Prismatic Gaze
>>
>>50417471
Damn that gonna be hard. What do you reckon most local store games would think of using Eisenkern as some sort of Inquisitor troop choice?
I'm keen on making some sort of Deathwing heavy DA army with an Inquisitor/Witch Hunter retinue retinue, mainly cause I like the models
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-27-06-26-39.png (888KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-27-06-26-39.png
888KB, 720x1280px
>>50417587

U wot
>>
>>50417564
WC 5 spell. You need to split your horrors to like 12 units to get enough dice to reliably cast it with a single unit without that harness on 2+ that Magus have.
>>
>>50417588
I already have about twenty of them, and the ones from silver tower, but I don't plan on buying more.
I run Tzeentch daemons allied with my Thousand Sons.
>>
>>50417547

The initial argument wasn't about whether they could use Daemonology or not, everyone knew they couldn't.

I was just trying to get the other guy to admit Daemonology was the RAW, because it's important to shake people out of this idea that -respecting- the exact RAW is a good idea. The RAW has stupid holes in it, and needs to be read with an ounce of common sense and a willingness to patch in house rules where necessary.

Meanwhile he was unsucessfully trying to say that RAW, they can't use Daemonology.

Going by how the thread devolved, I think a few trolls started trying to actually claim horrors are allowed to cast summoning spells after I went to bed.
>>
>>50417553
>>50417564
I was only correcting what appeared to be a common misconception, there's no reason to get that angry about it
It's still bullshit, but it's the same as correcting someone writing that Wrightknight can move 40" and then make 30 S:D attacks every turn. CWE are still OP, just for other, actually true reasons

I don't even play Tzeentch, should I make a CSM/CD army it would be Slaanesh, just saying
>>
>>50417618
Ultimately it doesn't matter, seeing as how Change has a summoning-lite spell in it anyway. Nowhere near as bad as Summoning or Sacrifice, but.
>>
>>50417588

I currently have about 40, but I haven't bought any since 5th and 3 are Heralds.

>>50417610
See
>>50417607
>>
Why don't we talk about the badab war more?

>non chaos traitor marines
Fuck yeah
>>
>>50415644
>Sisters of Battle are getting a plastic update next month.
Unless GW decided to release them without a single advertisment in their dedicated advertising rag, this is false.
There is no Sisters coming before next year. I'd be surprised if they even came before 8th ed.
If at all.
>>
>>50417574
Eldari, Eldarit, Eldareista, Eldareihin, Eldariin etc.

I'm not native English-speaker, thats how.

Also what is singular form of Eldar then? Now I'm just curious.
>>
>>50415644
>Sisters of Battle are getting a plastic update next month

That's what they said last time, and they got a white dwarf codex instead
>>
>>50417653
Eldar
>>
>>50417628
I don't see any 18'' D LINE in there.
>>
>>50417673
Forgive me. It's 6:30am and this shit is pissing me off, and I'm a daemon player.
>>
>>50417653
>I'm not native English-speaker, thats how.
Well then I'm just a dick. Sorry but it pushes my buttons and I'm tired.

Anyway the word is a proper noun so the singular is Eldar.

>>50417673
Magnus' gaze isn't a line either. Unless it is and I just didn't read/am not remembering properly in which case see above.
>>
>>50417684
Magnus' power is a 18" Beam.

Because fuck EVERYTHING in that general direction.
>>
CONFIRMED BY THE USUAL SOURCES!

Ferrus Manus survived because Fulgrim put his brain into a gorilla's body and kept him in his menagerie for 10,000 years, unable to bear life without him!

He will escape in time to be the first loyalist Primarch released in plastic, and will look pretty much exactly like a generic marine because you can't tell he's a gorilla under all that power armour.
>>
>>50417684
No worries mate, we all have our quirks. Also wat? Plural and singular are both just Eldar? Oh. Learned something today.

My brain hurts because you can say Tyranid_S_. English can you make sense please.
>>
>>50417703

Nah, fuck everything in that direction would be a Hellstorm template representing his field of vision from that one eye.
>>
>>50417703
ah yes surely , the guys who got magnus' statline completely wrong leaked the correct psychic powers at the same time
CONFIRMED BY THE USUAL SOURCES
>>
>>50417719
Is "CONFIRMED BY THE USUAL SOURCES" just shorthand for "Source: my ass"?
>>
>>50416470
>I've been playing Sisters for 12 years now, and I haven't had a printed book since Witch Hunters. You bet your ass I'll be getting a premium collector's edition.
Well, you're in luck.
Whilst the rumours for Codex Imperium existed, and the 'as yet to be supported by anyone but Atia' annual plastic rumours are abound. There is no rumour of an actual dedicated SoB codex. Just wish listing.
So congrats, you have at least another month to save before any theoretical plastic sisters might be coming and you won't have to worry about any special collectors book coming out ans surprising you, because there is none.
>>
>>50417741
Yes. Its also what the first guy dropping fake Magnus leaks said.
>>
>>50417713
>Also wat? Plural and singular are both just Eldar?
Yeah. Like fish, or sheep.
>>
>>50417742

Like I said before though, if they're just rolled into a combined Codex, I'm out, and my models will be sold to the highest bidder, especially when Genestealers and harelquins get their own codexes.
>>
Hello, quick question. Can acolyte hybrids or other units without infiltration use ambush in their first turn or have to wait until second, like in case of reserves?
>>
>>50417599

Not that guy but when Imperial Agents comes out you might be able to do this without rule bending
>>
>>50417803
oooh I forgot thats happening. I'm keen
>>
>>50417711
>Jokaero orange paint
>gorilla primarch
I don't know about you, anon, but something is shaking that barrel from the inside.
>>
>>50417803
>>50417815
Why bend rules? Just take inquisitorial detachment and then pick one 25pts inquisitor and inquisitorial henchmen. Looking at those Eisenkern models, they are clearly Acolyte Henchmen with Bolters/Stormbolters and Carapace armour.
>>
>>50417741
>>50417719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvuVWJszF_A&feature=youtu.be&t=1553
>>
>>50417826
But doesnt the detachment adhere to allies rules?
And yeah I bought the Eisenkern years ago and haven't figured out how to field them. Might actually use them in this little Inquisition force
>>
File: 1417449713405.jpg (30KB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
1417449713405.jpg
30KB, 700x560px
i need to know where the fuck you found 1k sons rules
>>
>>50417713
>>50417750

WELCOME TO AMERICA MOTHERFUCKER
>>
/tg/ is ozhammer gone?

What do I use to buy my plastic crack now?
>>
>>50417837
well shit
it's not part as the tzeench discipline at least so random sorcerers can't get it which makes sense
>>
>>50417837
I love Phil's enthusiasm.
Noticed when he talked about the returning of an old arch villain like it's the end times ? It reminded me of Nagash's return.
>>
>>50417826
>>50417803
>>50417868
Alright how does this sound. No points cause I dont have either codex but this is just for small fun times

Guardians of the Covenant
HQ
-Belial
-Deathwing Command Squad

Troops
- 5 Deathwing Knights
-10 Tactical Marines

Inquisition
HQ
-Witch hunter with retinue; 2 crusaders, Priest, Acolyte, Razorback

Troops
- 5 Eisenkern Acolyte Henchman
- 5 Eisenkern Acolyte Henchman

I'd take upgrades for the squads etc. when I bother with codexes and shit. Probably make some kind of Deathwing heavy support squad as well if its possible
>>
>>50417914
I think you mean 'welcome to English' you savage
>>
Could you anons help me out? Can we order the collector's edition of Magnus the Red yet? Or is it yet another situation where I'm too late?
>>
>>50413598

I'm interested in making a GSC/'Nid list that is both fluffy as balls, and somewhat playable. However I've no experience with 'Nids and at this point, there are so many Supplements going that I cannot keep up.

- Early-stage Tyranid invasion is basically Spore Mines, Gargoyles, Lictors and Cult activation right? Is this enough to build an army from?
- Is there a Formation that lets me spam out a stupid number of Spore Mines? Or just a generic 'invasion force' Formation that combines all of the above?
- GSC have almost zero capabilities against aircraft, so I need the 'Nids to deal with them. I know that the big bombs can latch onto aircraft, is this something that they actually do well or is it a fun-only thing?

Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>50418033

>Tyranids
>Fluffy
>Good

Pick two.
>>
>>50418019
You clearly have a working internet connection. Why don't you just go to GW's website and check?
>>
>>50414235
Get more dks.
>>
>>50418152
Sorry, I don't use BL that often. Will it just say out of stock if something is out of stock, or does the "Remind Me" mean it's out of stock already?
>>
File: 1479860133324.gif (453KB, 150x149px) Image search: [Google]
1479860133324.gif
453KB, 150x149px
>TFW tabling eldar as dark eldar by turn 3
>>
>>50418033

>I know that the big bombs can latch onto aircraft, is this something that they actually do well or is it a fun-only thing?

Spore mines have serious trouble charging regular units, let alone flyers.
>>
>>50418235
The fact that it's in "Coming Soon" for January and that the "Remind Me" says its reminds you when it's available should help you deduce the answer, anon.
>>
Do we know if Traitor Legions and Imperial Agents are coming out at the same time or is one before the other?
>>
>>50418306

I think IA is coming first.
>>
>>50418300
Oh, shit. I didn't notice that. Woops.
I feel like an absolute retard now, but thanks anon.
>>
>>50418252
I won a 3000pt Apoc game against Eldar today, that felt breddy gud.
>>
>>50418252
did he bring nothing but guardians or something?
>>
>>50418306
Only Traitor Legions has 3rd December linked to it in their teasing video on the community site, but it's probably the preorder date.
For Imperial Agents, I recall some anons saying it's released the 17th according to WD leaks, but I haven't seen them myself.
>>
>>50418330

3 wave serpents
2 with fire dragons 1 with Karandras and scorpions
Small squad of Dark reapers
40 guardians
2 wraith Lords

It was a friendly list, one of my best mates. Best I've managed against his scat pack WK warp spiders Farseer spam list is a draw, but game type favoured him
>>
Can i still sign up for Secret Santa?
>>
>>50418356
t
h
i
n
>>
>>50413598
Does anyone have the link for the knockoff chinese Warhammer 40k models?
I want to get a few things just to play with some friends. I have like $2000 in legal models, so get off my ass.
>>
File: 1474938352521.jpg (73KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1474938352521.jpg
73KB, 500x700px
>>50413598
Has Magnus removed yiff yet?
>>
>>50414434
>pre-retcon-faggotry

He was NEVER there. We've been through this a thousand times. He was always framed as a myth.
>>
File: 66456456.png (362KB, 495x516px) Image search: [Google]
66456456.png
362KB, 495x516px
Rate me

///HQ///
Big Mek, Shokk Attack Gun, Gitfinda, Da finkin kap - 105 points

Big Mek, Shokk Attack Gun, Gitfinda - 90 points

///Troops///
10 Gretchin - 35 points

10 Gretchin - 35 points

///Elites///
10 Tankbustas, Boss Nob - 140 points
>Trukk w/ reinforced ram & rokkit launcher - 35 points

///Fast Attack///
5 Warbuggies, TL Rokkit Launchers - 125 points

///Heavy Support///
6 Killa Kanz, Grotzookas - 330 points
>>
>>50418524
>>50418524
>>50418524
>>
>>50418474
Tankbustas have gotten a bit worse now you can only use 1 grenade per squad in close combat.
It's a garbage rule for garbage people.

Also be aware that killa kans are the only vehicle unit to suffer from 'morale', and they're only str 7 because Orks can't have nice things.

Get right in your enemy's face as quickly as possible, make them panic and make poor target priority decisions, it could work.
>>
>>50418528
Didn't want them in CC anyway. I'd stay back with 24" range and try to use cover and mobility to my advantage.

I'm well aware of Killa Kan downside.
>>
File: tumblr_lsxhewWNrp1qjo5no.jpg (246KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsxhewWNrp1qjo5no.jpg
246KB, 707x1000px
>>50415644
Sister getting Plastic Jan-Feb. Next Month only Imp Agent Codex and MAYBE a single plastic model as "teaster". BTW a fully Codex was never in the rumors. Only plastic models. Mybe they get and real codex in the next edition. But for now we should be happy with a new plastic range. God bless you all.
>>
>>50418559
>"teaster"
I've seen December's WD, it's up on youtube.
There is no "teaster" shown, mentioned, alluded to or otherwise hinted at.
Also the next month says nothing about SoB minis so it isn't Jan.

Also GW doesn't release minis unconnected to a book release in the same month so unless there is something specific for the Sisters in Feb onwards, there won't be a miniature release either.
If there actually are SoB ready for release it will be shoved into storage for several months.
>>
>>50418626
>If there actually are SoB ready for release it will be shoved into storage for several months.

again?
>>
>>50417937
In general due to the more open nature of GW as of late all the folks seem a lot more excited and invested in things. I guess it's appealing to be able to talk about your work properly and really get into as a hobbyist and so on not just some corporate shill
>>
>>50415862
Anon for your information was going for a Starship Troopers theme for the lads (from the movie not the book).
>>
>>50417176

They have a few models at least. The original artist made a kickstarter a while ago that featured his designs practically lifted from the artwork, plus a whole lot of other neat original dudes.

HoR has a mini-Codex for them, but they're not super great. I should know I wrote those rules.
Thread posts: 436
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.