[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 19

File: studydoggy_by_hiba_tan-da92xu5.jpg (124KB, 850x900px) Image search: [Google]
studydoggy_by_hiba_tan-da92xu5.jpg
124KB, 850x900px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless! I the past I have tried to appeal to non-believers by kinda white washing but now, none of that but also be prepared because you might not get the answers you like although they might be true. I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. It's not really meant for discussion, but if you do cause trouble, you will be removed from the server.
>.gg/AyQfdQW

Thread: XVIII

Cont of: >>36868173

Also, here's a nice pic for you guys!
>>
back to

>>>/x/
with your sky daddy bullshit
>>
>>36915958
Haha! Thanks for joining; if there are any questions you would like answered then feel free to ask, and I will answer to the best of my abilities!
>>
What's your opinion on the Catholic church?
>>
>>36915997
I believe that it is heretical due to its focus on man's works besides faith alone. They exalt marry to a higher place than scripture will allow and it's straight up idolatry. Another thing they don't believe in sola scriptura and that, to me, is very important.
>>
File: 1494382586914.png (192KB, 320x309px) Image search: [Google]
1494382586914.png
192KB, 320x309px
>>36915941
Doesn't bible say thou shalt not use r9k?

I am going to offer god my girly butt and be will fuck me, allowing me into heaven, perhaps even becoming his wife(male)
>>
File: cathofu.png (50KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
cathofu.png
50KB, 417x500px
>>36915997
my knights of columbus meeting is going to be this upcoming monday. as a friendless faggot I enjoy the free steak and charity work
>>
>>36916040
>Doesn't bible say thou shalt not use r9k?
No, but I wouldn't recommend you using it since it does put you in with sinful people and that is a very bad influence on people. I use it to spread the message of the gospel.

>I am going to offer God my girly butt and be will fuck me, allowing me into heaven, perhaps even becoming his wife(male)
Haha! Thanks for joining; if there are any questions you would like answered then feel free to ask, and I will answer to the best of my abilities!
>>
>>36915997
I must add on that some also disagree with the forensic nature of justification, which some Catholics have finally admitted, in order to enter into heaven.
>>
File: 1494399199934.jpg (38KB, 303x297px) Image search: [Google]
1494399199934.jpg
38KB, 303x297px
>>36916072
Aw you seem too nice to be on 4chan <3 Go be innocent somewhere else :3
>>
>>36916147
I'm trying to spread the gospel to 4chan so you too can be in the state that I am in. But again, if you do have any questions feel free to ask.
>>
give me your advice on how to purify myself of all sin and marry a christian girl / become a shut-in monk

context: 30 year old handholdless friendless virgin NEET who's never had a job and doesn't have a degree
>>
>>36916222
>purify myself of all sin
Just as I stated in my OP just believe and all of your sins are forgiven.

>marry a Christian girl / become a shut-in monk
I guess just be around a lot of Christian girls and communicate and see who you vibe with the best. Overall God knows who is best for you and so don't try and force anything and be sure she is a good Christian girl and not just some one of those fake poser Christian girls. There is really no need to be a monk.

>30 year old handholdless friendless virgin NEET who's never had a job and doesn't have a degree
Try to get a job in a church and just work there. The more time you spend there, the more likely you are to find your other half. But there is also another way. You can try dating sites like Christian Mingle but like I said before make sure they're true Christians and not fake poser ones.

I hope that answered your question, if not feel free to ask further questions.
>>
>>36915941

Do you believe that there is a good reason for why homosexuality is wrong according to the bible? It seems like these people are not harming society in any way and they do not deserve to go to hell.

Also how can it be fair for god to create us and then punish us for what our minds (that he created) do?
>>
File: 1494001060369.jpg (59KB, 674x584px) Image search: [Google]
1494001060369.jpg
59KB, 674x584px
>>36915941
Falling for 2 thousand year old insane dogma from a bunch of guys in the desert
>>
>>36916487
>Do you believe that there is a good reason for why homosexuality is wrong according to the bible?
Yes!

>It seems like these people are not harming society in any way and they do not deserve to go to hell.
It's deeper than that. Also, having too much sexual freedom can lead to the destruction of a civilisation.

>Also how can it be fair for god to create us and then punish us for what our minds (that he created) do?
When god created the human mind it was without sin and perfect. It was later on when Adam and eve ate the apple did man fall and sin entered the world and also into out minds. We are just trying to return to that state we were in prior to the fall of man.
>>
>>36916532
Ha, I appreciate you coming into the thread. If there are any questions you would like answered then feel free to ask, and I will answer to the best of my abilities!
>>
Are mystical christians like john of the cross heretical?
>>
>>36916540
>having too much sexual freedom can lead to the destruction of a civilization.

What? How could that happen?
>>
>>36916747
>what is the 99.999999/0.000000002 rule
>>
>>36916827
I don't know, what is it anon?
>>
>>36916723
Never heard of them. Perhaps a TL;DR and I'll give you my opinion.

>>36916747
>What? How could that happen?
You see sex can be used as a tool for control. It can also lead to a slippery slope where thing which was originally seen as degenerate steadily and slowly starts to become seen as normal. Two "very" recent examples of this are the acceptance of homosexuality and trans community. Now if you went back in time to the the 80's homosexuality would be laughed at seen as disgusting. Now if you disagree with it, you're seen as the bad guy. This can also lead to other things becoming degenerate such as paedophilia, which is in fact already begun to be accepted, to be seen as a norm. SO basically it's a slippery slope that can lead to a lot of things going wrong.
>>
If I believe Jesus was a real person, and agree with (most of) what he preached, but also believe in my ancestral religion(s) i.e. European paganism, where does that put me?
>>
>>36916540
why would god allow imperfection to happen if he knew it would anger him, why would we be punished for the evil deeds and trickery of another being, if we were at the time perfect and couldn't have avoided it? What would a god gain from the whole situation?
>>
>>36917082
>most of
You are not yet a true believer and still in your sins.

>believe in my ancestral religion(s) i.e. European paganism,
Yep, still a sinner.
>>
>>36916876
the acceptance of the LGBT community has more to do with the construction of moral foundation based on the concept of sexual consent. so two adults, regardless of gender, can consent to a relationship with eachother. a child cant consent to a relationship because a child's brain isnt fully developed. it's more than just "people bring icky things into the mainstream." its about logic and modern sensibilities
>>
>>36916876
literally nobody in the "norm" accepts pedophiles. Only idiots on the internet trying to excuse their behavior.
>>
I know that deep inside you realize most of what you believe are lies. Dont be so weak anon. Face this world as it is.
>>
>>36917115
Cool. I'm glad god is forgiving.
>>
>>36917094
Thak you for that. It is a very common question I get that I'd have to admit it's very hard question to answer.

First of all god's desire for us was to live in the garden of Eden, forever and ever and feel his love and joy. But sadly we went against his law and so were condemned.

God allow imperfection to happen if he knew it would anger him is the hard part, but when you know he had a purpose in everything, then you will understand why he did what he had to do. It was all god's intention. From the beginning, he predestined all of this would occur so that all of his glory would be seen IE mercy, justice and wrath. read this for further info. >>36730229

I hope that answered your question and if there are ay more questions you have, feel free to ask.
>>
>>36917234
>But sadly we went against his law an...
You mean a whore?
>>
>>36917204
He will only forgive if you ask for it. To me, it sounds like you're not even trying and not yet found truth. I say come believe in Christ a have all of your sins forgiven. That's all it takes.

>>36917172
You really feel that way? In that case, If there are any questions you would like answered then feel free to ask, and I will answer to the best of my abilities!
>>
do you believe in myers-briggs types, OP?
>>
>>36917278
I'll burn for not worshipping a foreigner. I'm fine with this.
>>
>>36917277
Huh? What do you mean whore?

>>36917281
What is?

>>36917125
>t. so two adults, regardless of gender, can consent to a relationship with each other.
I don't feel as though this is a good illustration as to why homosexuality should be allowed. Would you then say if a cannibal and a person who desired to be eaten could freely do so since they're both consenting adults? Of course not. We understand that man is not and so we let God define what a marriage is and is not and let his rule take over. Also, Christianity gave the western world its ideas of morality and so we must follow it.
>>
>>36917295
It's deeper than that. You are still in your sins, and those sins need to be atoned for otherwise, you cannot enter into heaven.

>Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Revelations 21:27
>>
>>36916540
>When god created the human mind it was without sin and perfect. It was later on when Adam and eve ate the apple did man fall and sin entered the world and also into out minds.
If they were to blame for eating it at all, then weren't they already imperfect and open to sin? If they weren't to blame at all, then why was it their sin, rather than the serpent's?
>>
>>36917278
You bawl like a sheep.
>>
>>36916341
>Try to get a job in a church and just work there.
how? what services do churches even need that an useless mong like me could offer?
>>
>>36915941
Have you ever masturbated? Are all sins forgiven by god, as long as you accept Jesus first?
>>
>>36917441
>If they were to blame for eating it at all, then weren't they already imperfect and open to sin?
Well, we don't know much about Adam and Eve and their time in the garden of Eden. They are barely talked about for a page, but what we can infer they were good sinless creature, like a baby, but where foolish and so were fooled into doing something that took away their perfection. When we say perfect, we mean in the sense that they had never sinned or had even know sin, but they weren't self-reliant or sustaining and so were fooled.
>>
I want to believe but there's no evidence and God's ignoring my calls so hedonism it is
>>
File: 1493000409864m.jpg (121KB, 668x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493000409864m.jpg
121KB, 668x1024px
PRAY THE ROSARY

REPENT AND SUBMIT TO THE POPE
>>
>>36917453
Huh? How so. If you're ready to ask questions just ask. I'm happy to answer your questions.

>>36917463
Well, there are a lot. In my church, there are people who play the drums, I mean even kids. There are also those guys who put up the Bible verses on the screen and when the pastor requests. Really what you should do is call one and ask for any vacancies and see what they have to offer.

>>36917513
>Have you ever masturbated?
Sadly, yes.

>Are all sins forgiven by God, as long as you accept Jesus first?
Yes, I said it in my OP.
>>
>>36917534
>I want to believe
That's great!

>but there's no evidence
Perhaps we can discuss these issues and come to an agreement, God willing!

>>36917544
I'd rather not. I'm not too big on exalting a human and praying to her.

>>36917554
Like I said. They were good in the sense that they had never sinned and never knew sin. No one, not even angels, are self-reliant and all need God. Only God can fully resist the temptations of the devil was God himself like when he fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. He was "tempted" but prevailed.
>>
File: 1491661618295.jpg (14KB, 362x352px) Image search: [Google]
1491661618295.jpg
14KB, 362x352px
>>36915958
lmao atheists are triggered so fucking easily.
>>
>>36917341
that's a huge extrapolation though. concepts of sexual consent are such that they only apply to the topic of sex and relationships within society.

and faith isnt the only through-line for morals. if you've ever taken a philosophy class on ethics you'd know that morality also stems from logic. In that, there are plenty of logical reasons we dont do wrong things like killing people. this is why atheists and agnostics can live freely and comfortably function in society despite their lack of faith-based morals.

plus there's a ton of shit the bible tells us not to do but we do anyways. we understand that, logically, there is nothing wrong with eating seafood or wearing fabric blends. many of these rules are no longer applicable to western society.
>>
File: cool-jesus.png (128KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
cool-jesus.png
128KB, 240x232px
>>36915941
Not really a believer but keep spreading the word of Christ bro. I'm sure you'll eventually end up helping someone on this board.
>>
>>36917710
And I have, a lot in fact. And I keep on spreading the message so more may know and be saved.
>>
>>36917640
So you think there is evidence? Because without it I can't see how I could have faith. I've even went to mass a bunch and felt nothing aside from boredom
>>
>>36916747
Just look at the Roman Empire. Their degeneracy, among other things, ended up being their downfall. Or just look at modern day Sweden.
>>
Should children be kept away from media that involve witches and monsters? Books that feature characters believing in other religions?
>>
File: 1492141369202.png (460KB, 750x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1492141369202.png
460KB, 750x1020px
>>36917729
Glad to hear that.

Oregami Originalo
>>
Why do religious creeps always prey on emotionally vulnerable?
>>
What is the best protestant denomination and why?
Best bible translation for noobs?
How do I walk into a church by myself?
>>
>>36915941
\how does god decide who is born with the skills, talents and correct personality type to be able to financially sustain yourself in the modern market system and who is crushed by poverty and want for all their lives?
>>
>>36917799
Same reason creeps of any kind prey on (emotionally) vulnerable. They're the easiest to control.
>>
>>36917754
i thought the roman empire was destroyed after its conversion to christianity and participation in the crusades but okay
>>
>>36915941
Is it bad that I'm trans? Why did god make me like this then?
>>
File: 1493916271429.gif (1MB, 273x322px) Image search: [Google]
1493916271429.gif
1MB, 273x322px
What's it like, being spooked?
>>
Why did god made me a faggot if he doesn't want me to suck dicks?
>>
>>36915941
how do i stop being so horny all this time if it offends god
>>
>>36917753
>So you think there is evidence?
Yes, and it's staring us in the face.

>I've even went to mass a bunch and felt nothing aside from
I know that feeling. Try listening to what the pastor is saying and how it applies to your life. Most of the time we feel bored because we're not listening. Also, are you going to a Catholic church or Protestant? I'm a Protestant, so I'm gonna be biased and say go to a Protestant church of course.

>>36917774
Yeah, not because I believe in that stuff, although I do, but rather it doesn't bring anyone closer to God.

>>36917784
Arigatou

>>36917799
We don't we are spreading the gospel to everyone. Paul even went to the Romans, who were the greatest civilisation of its time and even challenged the and their ideas of God. We spread the good news to all.

>>36917815
>What is the best Protestant denomination and why?
ESV, RSV or any bible that has gone through that line. Reason being is it's closest to the original Greek that was spoken and has a lot of respect from scholars since they use those translations a lot.

>Best bible translation for noobs?
In that case, try the new century version. The writing is "very simplistic" and for beginner bible readers.

>How do I walk into a church by myself?
Just walk in and sit and listen. That's what I do since no one in my family is a Christian besides a couple cousins of mine.
>>
>>36915941
Do you believe that everything comes from God, even the bad things? Or do you believe that God only ever sends good things and all the bad things come from Satan?
>>
>>36915941
what are your opinions on "earthly things" and the rise of european humanism. should we go back to flogging ourselves

if earthly things (pleasures of the body like food, water, sex) are sinful then why did god give them to us
>>
>>36917945
You are not challenging anyone, you are trying convert people that are at shitties moment of their lifes. On top of it being immoral it's also easy mode.
>>
>>36917822
It's unconditional. You have to deal with the cards you are dealt with, and no one is entitled to anything just take it as a blessing that you're even allowed to live life.

>>36917855
>>36917889
he didn't but we live in a fallen world. Originally everything was good but sin entered and so did sinful desires!

>>36917859
What is?

>>36917955
Read this and the link in it >>36917234
>>
>>36918013

life without the skills and talents needed to live a decent life is an imposition and a curse.
>>
>>36918013
why would you come here and still believe there is any benevolent being anywhere.
what blessing is a life of abuse?
>>
>>36918009
Sorry that you feel that way. If there are any questions you would like answered then feel free to ask, and I will answer to the best of my abilities!

>>36918003
We need them to live but ultimately everything we should do should be to the glory of god. So when we sleep we sleep so we can wake up for church tomorrow. We eat so we can stay alive and preach the gospel longer and so everything ultimately goes back to god.
>>
>>36918013
>he didn't but we live in a fallen world. Originally everything was good but sin entered and so did sinful desires!
this is literally non-answer
>>
>>36918028
>>36918053
hey, guys read this. it might answer your question.
>>36847076
>>
>>36917945
What is your favorite movie, favorite book besides the bible?
>>
>>36918083
also, see this >>36918090
hope it answers your question.

>>36918096
>What is your favourite movie
this is the end. I really like movies staring Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, James Franco and the rest of the gang together.

>favourite book besides the bible?
Kinda embarrassing but it's the diary of a wimpy kid series books.
>>
>>36918055
but doesnt that mean we would only need the bare minimum? why indulge ourselves with nice food and drinks but all we need to survive to get to church on sunday is bread and water, the way the cloisters used to live?
>>
>>36918013
But why is it sin? I don't want to hurt anyone. I just want to love and be loved. It's more the churches that don't make me feel welcome, who push me away from god.
>>
>>36915941

someone dump porn in these threads. im sick of seeing this

go to /x/ or /b/

the real world has enough of christianity. I dont want it shoved down my throat on 4chan too.
>>
>>36917692
>concepts of sexual consent are such that they only apply to the topic of sex and relationships within society.
I don't believe that's fair. The argument you proposed for same-sex relations uses logic like you said here

>morality also stems from logic

And if we are to use logic then let's follow it on. If this is the case in one area then why not apply it to a different context like I said.

> Would you then say if a cannibal and a person who desired to be eaten could freely do so since they're both consenting adults?

I think we should follow the source of our modern ideas of morality and go back to it. It's only because of recent events that we have been denying the system that gave us our laws. And I think we can all agree that we are starting to reap what we sow.
>>
>>36917945
Catholic, what's the evidence that's staring us in the face?
>>
>>36918013
>what is?
Every member of a religion.
>>
>>36918090
that goes against actual studies that show that abuse does not lead to strength.
my mom abandoning me twice did not lead to strength, but to abnormal coping mechanisms that inhibit my ability to function.
why would any truly benevolent being put people through suffering so that when they arrive to his intended destination for them, they show up with limited functionality?
if he is as powerful as it is said he is, why does he not vanquish all evil for his children?
is he just a parent requiring to be worshiped in order for him not neglect you?
>>36918249
>tfw spook school spooked you until you had to read the bible
>>
>>36918133
>but doesnt that mean we would only need the bare minimum?
You need to be I tip-top condition and full health. I would, in fact, recommend exercise, studying and constant meditation, so your body is in tip-top condition. You could perhaps you could do the bare minimum but remember the path to heaven is narrow and we are to train our bodies for the battle against sin.

>>36918139
>But why is it sin?
Anything that is done for yourself and not God is a sin. We were created for his glory, and so we must live for his glory. That is our purpose in life.

>It's more the churches that don't make me feel welcome, who push me away from God.
I'm sorry to feel that way, but perhaps Christ himself can make you feel more welcomed

>When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."
Mark 2:17

>>36918191
>>
Is there any evidence outside of the bible that god exists and functions in the way you believe? Could it be possible for someone to believe in the Christian god without having any access to he bible or someone who's read it? Did you vote for trump?
>>
>>36918242
>what's the evidence that's staring us in the face?
the universe and come to a completely different conclusion. The complexity and order or things from how atoms react with each other to how galaxies operate. They all follow laws and rules, and I think it all points into a creator.

Understand that we live in a fallen world and all seeking to find peace. But sadly some just look in the wrong place and try to find it here.

>>36918249
Nah, I'm not spooked. Also, why does everyone always post that guy and say spooked? like who is he?
>>
>>36918366
I would like to get closer to god, but no matter how much I pray I never hear anything and nothing changes.
>>
>>36918366
but in the sermon on the mount, jesus himself advocates for radical poverty and radical generosity. the kind of radical poverty that convinced thousands of people to forsake all of their belongings and move to the desert. what has changed from that point? were early jesus-era christians wrong about that approach?
>>
>>36918284
>that goes against actual studies that show that abuse does not lead to strength.
That's only if you do not overcome the suffering. If you let it consume you and do not try to rise above it and not let it take you, other forms of pain seem less challenging to you. There was an African comedian who was making a joke after just coming to the UK. He said that he thought that it was crazy that people were worried about the financial crisis and he said "why are you scared? Have you seen Africa? That's a true financial crisis." he went through a greater pain and so when he saw the other crisis he was like "I've seen worse."

>why would any truly benevolent being put people through suffering so that when they arrive to his intended destination for them, they show up with limited functionality?
>if he is as powerful as it is said he is, why does he not vanquish all evil for his children?
>is he just a parent requiring to be worshipped in order for him not neglect you?
Reread my entire post I wrote here: >>36847076

You are looking fro peace in the wrong place my friend. This is a fallen world.
>>
>>36918411
That might've convinced me before science was a thing but now we have secular explanations for those things, unfortunately.
>>
>>36918284
>is he just a parent requiring to be worshiped in order for him not neglect you?
He'll neglect you a random amount to start, and then infinitely more if you don't worship him regardless of whether anyone ever told you about him, and call that justice, even though your actions are merely the result of how he decided to make you.
>>36730229
>>
>>36915958
>sky daddy
Kek
>>
>>36918394
>Is there any evidence outside of the bible that god exists
it's very hard to prove God exists outside of philosophy. but I see more reason to believe that he does exist as opposed to him not existing.

>functions in the way you believe?
Outside the bible that's hard. But there are miracles and prophecies, that have been fulflied that might give evidence of an omnipotent God in the universe.

>Christian God without having any access to the Bible or someone who's read it?
Perhaps, but most likely they will come to a more of a deistic view of God.
>>
>>36918394
For some reason when I talk about trump it says connection error. Take that as you wish.
>>
What happens when I kill myself?
>>
>>36918423
>I would like to get closer to God
I think that you have already received what you're asking for. You desire god, and that's the gift of faith. You don't need to look anymore because you have already found the truth.

>I pray I never hear anything and nothing changes.
I think this is more to do with your relationship with God. In order to strengthen this just keep in prayer and seek to better know Christ. Remember the gift of faith is called a gift for a reason. You do not ask for gifts, but rather it is just given to you, and what is given to you do not decide. When praying just seek to be closer to God and but nothing in return. The feeling you have now let it grow.

>It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds sown upon the earth. But after it is planted, it grows to be larger than all garden plants and puts forth great branches, so that the birds of the air nest in its shade.'
Mark 4:31-32
>>
File: 1493835379393.jpg (82KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493835379393.jpg
82KB, 920x900px
>>36915958
i think your lost,
>>>/r/atheism
is that way buddy
>>
>>36919024
Thank you, ChristAnon.
>>
>>36918439
>but in the sermon on the mount, Jesus himself advocates for radical poverty
this was never the case. He was just giving the poor, the meek and the hungry that by faith in him they too will be satisfied in the afterlife.

>he kind of radical poverty that convinced thousands of people to forsake all of their belongings and move to the desert.
Yeah, they got the whole story wrong then. Also, I have never heard of this. Can you cite a source so I can read about this? It sounds fascinating.

>>36918552
I have too and it has just shown me the complexity of nature and that "most" likely it has been created. How can something come from nothing?
>>
>>36918886
I dunno. But it isn't a very good sign of a believer since a true believer would never want to take his own life so he can save as many people as he can so they too can be saved. But I dunno.

>>36919089
Amen! I'm glad to hear it!
>>
>>36915941
>He fell for the Demiurge meme
Aha oopsie daisy
>>
>>36919100
I don't know, maybe there's always been something, maybe we're the millionth universe that's existed or one of millions that exist at the same time, I can't make that leap between not knowing and believing God did it though. Maybe some alien from another dimension started us off
>>
>>36919149
Haha! Thanks for joining your presence is much appreciated. Also, if there are any questions you would like answered then feel free to ask, and I will answer to the best of my abilities!
>>
>>36919158
Ok, it seems as though you are using the argument, maybe something else created it. But without a first uncaused cause, nothing else in creation could have come about into creation.
>>
File: 1472566790782.png (272KB, 485x489px) Image search: [Google]
1472566790782.png
272KB, 485x489px
>>36918631
hey, that's me! Original comment
>>
>>36919210
What if there's always been something? Using our monkey brains to understand cosmology might not be too much better than an ant doing the same
>>
>>36919431
>What if there's always been something?
I believe that it was God. But we can discuss in detail why there had to be an uncaused cause for anything to come about into creation.

>Using our monkey brains
Come on now, none of that!
>>
>>36919486
>But we can discuss in detail why there had to be an uncaused cause for anything to come about into creation.

I'm all ears
>>
File: demiurge cry.png (53KB, 441x486px) Image search: [Google]
demiurge cry.png
53KB, 441x486px
>>36919100
>How can something come from nothing?
An incredible mystery.
But plopping God in there doesn't solve that mystery itself, it only hides it behind the complications of other questions, (Where did God come from? If He made Himself from nothing, how?) settling the limited curiosity of some thinkers who resign to never hope to understand God.

If a mysterious being has the power to cause the beginning of all, that may be tremendous, but that's no reason to assume he has further powers, or did it perfectly according to his own intents.
>>
>>36919676
>Where did God come from?
Good question. You see most atheist philosophers don't use this argument because even they know that it stems from a lack of understanding about God. The main difference between the universe and God is that the universe had a beginning. God, on the other hand, did not have a beginning. He has always existed and always will. And to further on add onto the majesty of god, in the Christian school of thought, it is considered offensive to even say he exists but rather he is just there.

So to answer your question, the universe needed a creator since it had a beginning, but on the other hand, god has always existed and so does not need to have a creator.

>But plopping God in there doesn't solve that mystery itself
Yeah, as I said before it's very hard to prove God exists outside of philosophy. But I see more reason to believe that he does exist as opposed to him not existing.

>If a mysterious being has the power to cause the beginning of all, that may be tremendous, but that's no reason to assume he has further powers or did it perfectly according to his own intents.
All of the arguments from God are from a philosophical ground and would make most believe in a deistic god, but if the universe was created by a god, then we can assume a lot about him from his creation like he is very powerful.
>>
>>36919645
>I'm all ears
Well, I'll use an analogy to try to prove god's existence.

Think of it this way. Imagine there was a door that needed to be open before you could enter a room. But before you could enter it you had to ask the person behind you, may I open this door? Then before that person could give you a response, he had to ask the person behind him if he has permission to allow you to allow the other person in front of him to open the door. Now imagine this went on for an eternity, would the first person ever be able to open the door?

Now I say the same for the universe if there always had to be a cause would there ever be a time when anything in creation could have been created? There had to be an uncaused first cause to swing that door open without permission, and I believe that it was God who swung that door and opened the gates to this realm of reality.

Thoughts?
>>
>>36919969
>Yeah, as I said before it's very hard to prove God exists outside of philosophy.

Incorrect.

It is impossible to prove the existence of any god or gods -- either within philosophy, or outside of it.

It is also impossible to prove the non-existence either.
>>
>>36920224
>It is also impossible to prove the non-existence either.
I would disagree. Like I said earlier I think that it is more reasonable to believe there is a god as opposed to there not being one.

try reading the analogy I used here>>36920125
>>
>>36920125
I understand what you're saying, but I feel like that door could also have been swung open by a random wind or just always been open. Has God ever spoken to you, out of curiosity?
>>
>>36920323
>but I feel like that door could also have been swung open by a random wind
Where did the wind come from? And where did the thing that caused the wind come from and so on until we're right back to square one?

>or just always been open.
What did you mean? The universe always existed? I doubt that's the case because most scientists agree that the universe was created and had a beginning.

>Has God ever spoken to you, out of curiosity?
I'm not too sure. God has guided me, he has put the desire in me to find the truth and has also made me desire to share it and desire the salvation of all people. Depends on what you mean really.
>>
>>36920454
Can you give me a prophecy
>>
>>36920725
Wow, asking me them deep questions. Ok, I will actually give you a serious answer.

The church is dying. You've seen the stats right. Islam is coming and is going to be the largest religion in the world. We are going to go back to the times when on 7000 people in the world didn't bow the knee to baal. In fact, I believe that it has already happened. With people such as Joel Osteen preaching a perverted gospel and making it more man centred as opposed to a God centred book shows that we are not heading towards the right direction. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if Joel Osteen didn't also preach in the largest megachurch in the US!

These are the signs of the end times, and the end is near!
>>
SOMEONE PLEASE CONVERT ME

I AM A LOST SOUL THAT NEEDS TO BE FOUND
>>
>>36921052
Read my OP and it will give you the answer!
>>
>>36921106
When can we start beheading gay people again like good old times?
>>
>>36921136
Only he without sin can cast the first stone anon.
>>
File: Christianity Must Change or Die.jpg (65KB, 336x499px) Image search: [Google]
Christianity Must Change or Die.jpg
65KB, 336x499px
How can Christianity possibly recover from such a roasting as this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6mXLEKk

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA0C3C1D163BE880A
>>
>>36921457
I'm watching it now.
>>
They say suicide will bring you to hell, but I thought God was supposed to be merciful. Why would God punish someone who was in so much pain to take there life. Why would he not show mercy?
>>
>>36921525
Read this>>36919147

it's not about just that we live in a fallen world read:>>36847076

Also, we get what we deserve, see: >>36871590

Sorry if it seems like I'm not paying much attention to your points. It's just that you get the same question so many times that you just start redirecting them to save time and typing.
>>
File: Olga of Kiev.jpg (131KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Olga of Kiev.jpg
131KB, 720x720px
>>36916070
>>36915997
100th anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima this Saturday Catholinons. My church is holding a special vigil, what of yours?
>>
>>36916030
Sola fide is a meme and heresy.
We exalt Mary because she is the Theotokos, not worship her. We ask her to pray for us, we don't pray to her.
All catechism and dogma are supported by scripture, Protties just wish to use the scripture willy-nilly and in whichever way they wish. Besides, the only Protties who still hold sola scriptura are KJV-only Baptists.
>>
What do Christians think about porn?
>>
>>36915941
Second coming is soon, very seen
>>
>>36922120
>>36922043
Ok, look at this here. It should be some food for thought >>36748148

>>36922124
It's bad. It encourages lust. Which is a sin?

>>36922192
It is indeed!
>>
>>36922736
>>36922736
>James 2;24-26
>>You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.
Here is the first support for faith with works, which you've already provided. But lets look more into the Bible:
> John 14:15-31
>>If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.
Martin Luther once said:I could commit adultery 100 times in a day and still be saved." But this is clearly false, as that would break Christ's commandments. Let's see what Catholics say:
" 'If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema,' (Council of Trent, Canons on Justification, Canon 9)."
>>
>>36922736
Continued from >>36923347
So what are Christ's commands regarding salvation? Let's see:
>Acts 2:38
>>Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
In the Catechism it says
>Baptism is the first and chief sacrament of forgiveness of sins because it unites us with Christ, who died for our sins and rose for our justification, so that 'we too might walk in newness of life." (CCC 977).
No Catholic is saying only salvation through works, they are saying salvation through faith AND works. Which is more or less what you've already said.
>>
File: fedorafag.png (250KB, 511x571px) Image search: [Google]
fedorafag.png
250KB, 511x571px
>>36915958
>le sky daddy

Oh, hello 2010 r/atheism
>>
>>36916180
trainee priest here
keep it up
>>
>>36923347
>James 2;24-26
Yeah, that's talking about justifying works to man. Compare and confer this with Jam 2:21. Just like Abraham was justified by people in his sacrificing he was made just in the eyes of people. Also, in meyer's NT commentary they mention that in fact Rahab was justified on an earlier occasion. Hebrews 11:31 alludes to this. Also, this isn't the only time someone has been justified on an earlier occasion only to be mentioned later on. If you look at Luke 10:38 and Luke 19:6

>John 14:15-31
if you read the first verse, you will understand that it is, in fact, a descriptive verse describing how a true believer is to act and how the fruits of faith will be.

>If you love me, keep my commands.

An explicit mentioning of how they are to act if they truly love Christ. It's talking about the fruits of faith.
>>
>>36923456
Thanks anon. I really appreciate it!

>>36923371
>No Catholic is saying only salvation through works, they are saying salvation through faith AND works. Which is more or less what you've already said.
I have recently started to study Roman Catholicism and after studying one of the core beliefs, a question arised in my head.
One big difference between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism is the value of faith alone as opposed to works, faith and God's grace working together in a synergistic way to bring about your salvation, which would be the Catholic view.
This then brings me to my question. What was Christ's purpose when dying on the cross. As a protestant I believe that he died for my sins, all of them and for once and for all and so there is nothing I can possibly do to add on to that perfect sacrifice. So then I ask you if you believe that we must do good works to stay saved and committing mortal sins, which Christ died for, can make us lose that salvation then what did Christ accomplish on the cross then if there are things that we can do to lose salvation and there are sins that we must repent for. Didn't Christ die for all sins?
>>
>>36923898
Christ died for all sins, but so that whosoever believed in him would find eternal life and salvation.
A true believer will have fruits of their faith, and this is what Catholics believe. One baptism for remissions of sin, confession of sin, and repentance all are described as things a believer ought to do.
Is Luther really right when he says he can sin all he desires and still find eternal life? Think of the story of th Adulterer and Jesus: does he say "go forth and believith in me" or "go forth and sin no more?" Consider that.
>>
>>36915941
Quick, how many generations were there between David and Jechoniah/Jechonias?
>>
>>36924122
Although Luther has made many solid works he dropped the ball in this case. You see we believe in forensic justification, which then leads to sanctification, but this does not at all leave out the necessity of good works. You see the works you do, which are not yours but the spirit of God working within us, are what stems from our love of God. The problem with Catholicism is that they believe that one can lose their justification by committing mortal or venial sins, which also have to be later on forgiven for unless they risk going in to purgatory or worse hell. So then a question follows, what did Christ die for since we can lose our justification? Didn't Christ die for all sins? If so why do we have to later on have to perform sacraments and confess? Was not the blood of Christ good enough? These are important questions that need to be answered.
>>
>>36924723
By committing sin we stray from God's light by not following his commands. We are led astray from the good shephard, but like the good shepherd he lets us also come to him.
Our salvation is by faith, yes, but our salvation is in peril when we move away from God, who has sacrificed his only Son for our benefit.
The sacraments and confessions are commands from Jesus for us to keep as being part of his flock.
>>
Are Cucktholics hellbound?
>>
>>36924949
Most of those so-called "Protestant" areas are turning atheist or Mohammedan. So you tell me.
Light colored hair? I don't see why this matters aside from "ultimate aryan" ideals.
Most poor areas in Europe as per your graphs are Orthodox anyways, not that that matters. I'd rather talk to Orthobros than Protties anyway.
>>
>>36924860
Man you religious types sound fucking eerie and creepy, just like from some cult horror movie with dark hooded apostles, i know you have good intentions but i would not want to sleep under the same roof as you
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.