[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: heavy.jpg (115KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
heavy.jpg
115KB, 500x436px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless! I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. it's not really meant for discussion but if you do cause trouble you will be removed from the server.

Thread: XIII

Cont of: >>36724456
>>
Here's the discord server!
gg/kCzqJ
>>
are you fucking kidding me
originality
>>
>>36747798
No, what would make you think I'm kidding?
Damn, I forgot tripcode!
>>
>>36747643
Why would you make a Christian general that only serves to spread the gospel in an isolated echo chamber that atheists and other degenerates are just going hide and ignore?

If you want to spread the gospel, be subtle about it.
>>
>>36747643
Islam is better.
>>
>>36747854
>atheists and other degenerates are just going hide and ignore?
That is not the case. Follow all the "Cont of" and you'll see that all of the threads have been very successful!.

>If you want to spread the gospel, be subtle about it.
Nah, people know what I'm doing, and I'm not hiding anything. Seeing people say things like "I really appreciate these threads" and "your thread have made me realise how beautiful God is" is what motivates me to carry on.

>>36747886
Nah it ain't.
>>
I have a suspicion that most robots are christians. really does a number on your mind.
>>
>>36747915
Perhaps. I have met loads that I'm starting to think that 4chan is just filled with otherwise good people being corrupted by degeneracy.
>>
>>36747886
>>36747909
Plebs. Far better to be enlightened by your own intelligence.
>>
>>36747854
I agree completely. It's hard to educate a majority who despises existence itself. I'm sure plenty avoid the topic just by seeing the words "christian" after living on the internet for the majority of their lives.
>>
>>36747943
>Far better to be enlightened by your own intelligence.

>Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
>Proverbs 3:5
>>
>>36747939
>I'm starting to think that 4chan is just filled with otherwise good people being corrupted by degeneracy.
Not what I was implying. They are infected with and outdated mind virus, Christianity
>>
>>36747978
Nah, see what I wrote here>>36747909

>>36747987
>They are infected with and outdated mind virus
The same virus that gave the western world their ideas of morality?
>>
File: GAAAAAAAYYYY.jpg (41KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
GAAAAAAAYYYY.jpg
41KB, 960x720px
>>36747643

HA

GAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYg
>>
>>36748015
>Christian
>Gay
Do you even know what we believe?
>>
File: finger-to-god.jpg (103KB, 1364x812px) Image search: [Google]
finger-to-god.jpg
103KB, 1364x812px
>>36747643
This is now an edgy fedoralord image thread
>>
>>36748070
Thanks for joining the thread. If there are any questions you have, feel free to ask.
>>
File: 1487301269989.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487301269989.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>36747643
>One enters into heaven through faith alone
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Show me your faith without your works
>>
>What is the gospel?

What about gospel music, is that all right in your book?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Ruvo0xIsA
>>
>>36748112
>Actually here's the answer
Good question! I deliberately not include the answer so that people can ask this question and I can respond to it. The reason why I do this is because I believe that through conversation and effective questioning it can cause you to think deeper about the truth of the gospel. Ok, I'll begin.

Yes, we are saved by faith alone apart from works. This is an undeniable truth of scripture Jut look at this verse from Romans in the Bible

>For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.
Romans 3:28

But then this make one wonder. Doesn't this contradict James?

>You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
James 2:24

But what one must first understand is that there are two kinds of faith. One is false faith, the type that even the devil has, then there's true faith; the type that brings forth good fruits IE proof of it's existence by doing good works. A better verse to understand this would be on James as well.

>https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=james+2:14-20
James 2:14-20

So what does this tell us? It says that if you have faith but it does not bring good fruits then it is false. A truly saved man will do good works not to get something out of God since his heavenly place has been set for him since he has been saved by the blood of Christ but rather that we do it out of love. You treat your children nicely out of love not to seem good to them, and so we do the same for god. We love God and so try to please him. Theoretically, you could be saved and go out on a murder spree, but you wouldn't do that due to your love of God.

Hope that answered your question.

I'm stealing that image. It's keky
>>
>>36748113
Yeah sure. It all glorifies god and so is good. I mean that's what the psalms are and the songs of Solomon.
>>
Gib me new invite.
>>
.gg/AyQfdQW
>>
>>36748148
>Theoretically, you could be saved and go out on a murder spree, but you wouldn't do that due to your love of God.

Isn't that basically how the crusades went down? Would you say the crusaders had good faith or bad?

You seem like a generally nice person
>>
>>36748437
>Isn't that basically how the crusades went down?
I haven't really looked to much into the crusades, so I don't feel as though I have a right to talk about it.

>Would you say the crusaders had good faith or bad?
They perhaps had good intentions but misunderstood scripture. Although I disagree with violence, I still appreciate what it did to spread Christianity despite it being through "questionable" methods. Questionable because I haven't studied too much on NT views of violence despite the common verses such as turn the other cheek and what not.

>Spoiler
Arigatou!
>>
I want to fuck jesus and god in the ass so hard.
>>
>>36747643
Nice thread. Keep it up. I may not agree 100% but at least you're keeping atheists at bay.
>>
>>36748708
Why anon? Do you want to do it out of hate or are you just trying to be funny? If you hate God, why so? Also, feel free to ask questions, and I will answer to the best of my abilities.

>>36748712
Thanks, man! Also, we can discuss on those disagreements. Feel free to ask any questions, and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>36747665
I can't into discord, what do?
>>
>>36748892
try this one>>36748232
organdonation
>>
>>36748184
What if he joins a gospel choir just because he wants to fuck the qt on the far left?
>>
>>36748941
Then you are being insincere and you "good" works will be in vain and mean nothing to god since they come from evil intentions. I'd say just leave them alone unless you are gonna bring them into a relationship that furthers their love for god.
>>
>>36748938
>.gg/AyQfdQW
Tells me nothing at all. You can have your jesus circlejerk, I'm not having any of it.
>>
>>36748983
You have to add the full URL in front. I would but it says I'm posting spam. have you ever tried using discord before?
>>
>>36748712
>>36748772
Atheist here, I'm just glad that someone is creating positive threads on arcanine.

Also fostering healthy discussion on the internet, what a novel concept!
>>
>>36749055
>Also fostering healthy discussion on the internet, what a novel concept!
I know right! Also, thanks for joining the thread and if there are any questions you want answered, feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
If God loves all his creatures why does it say in the bible that he killed millions just because they came from a part of the world where he hadn't even sent prophets to? How about instead of sending prophets to the Israelites and then telling them to reclaim the holy land through genocide, he just sends a prophet to the pagans and no one has to die.

Face it you worship a sociopath. I'm sure you'll just answer this with some variant of "God works in mysterious ways".
>>
>>36749132
Read this comment I wrote in the past thread >>36730229

Also, he's not a sociopath since he is the one who created morality and is our sole source of objective morality.
>>
Shameless self bump for christ. yay jesus.
>>
Another shameless self bump for christ. yay jesus.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeEHaQjgpOk
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_HxRvedX6k
>>
>>36749831
>>36749848
I'm gonna start looking into orthodoxy but from what I'm seeing they just looks like Pharisees in that they wear certain clothes and what not.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.