[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 8

File: 1489218312287.jpg (55KB, 866x866px) Image search: [Google]
1489218312287.jpg
55KB, 866x866px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless! I the past I have tried to appeal to non-believers by kinda white washing but now, none of that but also be prepared because you might not get the answers you like although they might be true. I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. It's not really meant for discussion, but if you do cause trouble, you will be removed from the server.
>.gg/AyQfdQW

Thread: XVII

Cont of: >>36846145

Also, comfy anime pic for you guys!
>>
Bump for the Christ general thread.
>>
Another Bump for the Christ general thread.
>>
I was gonna come in here and shitpost but seeing you bump your own thread twice is just too sad. Hope your faith gives you comfort.
>>
>>36868173
>Christian general
Kek what is this wholesome shit anon
>>
>>36868652
Lol, I did it more times in fact, and I deleted those. But anyways if you have any questions then feel free to ask questions.

>>36868663
I'm just spreading the message of the gospel and so feel free to ask questions, and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>36868700
>>36868700
Ok how do u feel about the Big Bang theory? What do you feel about benefiting from science that your religion historically fought? Not trying to be accusatory or anything though
>>
>>36868787
A lot of people have in fact found ways to harmonise the scriptures with science.

You see there are a lot of people who take the Bible in a literal way and miss the entire meaning. To better answer your question I will be using a real life analogy.

There are a group of Christians who believe in faith healing alone. These guys are called faith healers, and although I do believe in that they are possible, it has gotten to the point that they would cut out all forms of medical help and only seek faith healings. They believe that we should only rely on God and take parts of scripture too literally. They deny medical help but what they don't understand is that when a doctor. What they don't understand is that when new advancements in medicine are made those are god's miracle working in the world. When A new vaccine is discovered, it is god's power on here, and we should see it as such.

How does this link with science? Well, when there is a new advancement made in science it lets us better interpret scripture. But this doesn't mean that we are giving in but rather that God is gifting us with a better understanding of the scriptures, and we should adjust our beliefs accordingly.

And so in Genesis 1:3 when God says let there be light, I believe that was the big bang and the beginning of the universe.

Hope that answered your question. If not feel free to ask further questions. Gid bless.
>>
>>36869019
God bless* I hate typos!
>>
File: Rev12.jpg (508KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Rev12.jpg
508KB, 750x1046px
Soon, this wiII happen.
>>
>>36869994
Do you mind if I save that picture? It looks really tight.
>>
>>36869994
bump. Doesn't matter, I saved it anyways.
>>
Do you believe in the God the bible describes word for word? I have trouble accepting what the bible says as hard fact.
>>
>>36870244
>Do you believe in the God the Bible describes word for word?
Yes, and I unashamedly do!

> I have trouble accepting what the Bible says as hard fact.
Perhaps we can discuss these difficulties and come to an agreement, God willing.
>>
Daily reminder to sage christfag threads. And, no, I don't have any questions about the gospel.
t.fedora tipper
>>
>>36870315
Haha, thanks for joining anyway!
>>
>>36870293
I'm not sure what is said exactly or in which verse, but I'm pretty sure the bible calls for a certain donation to your church. It seems fishy to me, like it was all written up to better convince people to donate.
>>
>>36870410
>Tithing
Yeah, it's not a way of the church making money but rather just a representation of where your heart is. If you are unable to give money to the church, then it will show where your heart truly is. But although it is talked about in the bible it is not mandatory. Read this...

>For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.
Romans 3:28

This tells us that what we do does not make us enter into heaven but rather our faith. So tithing isn't mandatory. To answer your second statement.

>It seems fishy to me, like it was all written up to better convince people to donate.

It's meant as a donation to help the church also grow. Is donating to the red cross bad? No. The purpose of it is to show that you aren't too attached to your money and isn't even a command but rather something you do out of the love of your own heart for the church.
>>
>>36870631
>This tells us that what we do does not make us enter into heaven but rather our faith. So tithing isn't mandatory. To answer your second statement.
This always bothered me. So a good person of another religion, or none at all, won't enter heavan because they lack faith in yours?
>>
>>36871089
A common question I get, mainly from Roman catholic, that I enjoy answering. >>36748148
>>
>>36868173
>one enters heaven through faith alone
Anon, I...
>>
>>36871158
What is your question? I would love to answer it.
>>
>>36870244
No. The Bible may well be inspired and shaped by the Holy Spirit but ultimately it is a document written by men, edited by men, and translated by men in many different places at many different times.

OP seems to be in the camp of American literalism. Not even the Catholic Church believes that the Bible is literally the word of God and a historical document.
>>
>>36868173
The bible is propaganda, Satan is trying to save us from a tyrant, he gave us the ability to choose right and wrong.
God is an evil tyrant.
>>
>>36871135
I'm not sure I understand how this answers my question. You say true faith follows the message while doing good deeds, okay. I can get behind a positive message like that, but what I want to know is that if someone, say a Hindu who is a good person to others and helps them when they're in need, such as feeding the poor out of love for their fellow man, will or will not enter heavan. They clearly do good deeds and have faith in their religion, but that religion isn't Christianity. Where will they end up?
>>
File: IMG_2246.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2246.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>36871168
I'm just not sure why you (and many other protestants) think that faith alone can save. The first Christians never believed that kind of stuff. Read James 2:14-26 and tell me what you think.

have an anime pic too
>>
>>36871286
I'm not a literalist as seen in my post here >>36869019 but I also hold the scripture up to a higher standard than a lot of people do. Especially more so than you from what I am reading.
>>
>>36871293
We don't know, anon. People can speculate and point at theology and the Bible and doctrine but ultimately nobody here knows what is on the other side of death.

Even as a Christian I'm pretty sure it's oblivion and everyone is focusing way too much on what happens after we die. Christianity is a philosophy of living, not dying. I try to make this word a little better of a place, simply because that's what I feel should be done, not because I'm hoping for a reward after death.
>>
>>36871337
I'll redirect you to this post. And I too use James to prove this truth. >>36748148
>>
you need to go back to /pol/
christians can't be robots
>>
File: kate.png (263KB, 845x465px) Image search: [Google]
kate.png
263KB, 845x465px
>>36868173
Just reminding y'all niggas who best girl is, I funna don't wanna make u catch this L. Thot so.
>>
>>36871383
>thinking that Christians weren't the original robots
>>
Serious questions from an agnostic, not trying to be edgy at all.

What happens to young children or the mentally handicapped who die and don't have the capable mind to grasp Jesus and salvation? Do they end up in hell?
>>
>>36871459
Of course not. Why would they ever go to Hell, anon? I wouldn't be surprised if they get a complete pass on everything, if there really is anything after death.
>>
What is faith exactly? What does it mean?
>>
>>36871483

From my understanding of Christianity, getting to heaven has nothing to do with being a good person and everything to do with accepting Jesus Christ and your lord and savior, if you are mentally unable to do this than I guess God sends your ass to hell.
>>
>>36871545
Oh ho ho, anon, where did you ever get that idea? Don't tell me you've been listening to those lazy Protestants. Also why is the focus of your inquiry all related to Heaven and Hell?

We were given a guide to live by, anon. Faith and good works are much more important than fretting over what happens to people when they die.
>>
>>36871293
>Hindu who is a good person, where will they end up?
Another good question. Thank you for giving me the privilege of answering such an important doctrinal teaching.

When you say good, to who standards are we talking about? If we're talking about man's standards then is that good enough? We as humans have immensely low standards when compared to that of the creator of the universe, and it is his standard, at the end of the day, that we must fulfil in order to achieve eternal life.

There is, in fact, a story in the OT that directly answers your query. Read this from Isaiah...

>And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!"
Isaiah 6:5

Now, this verse might not make a lot of sense to you but here is the context. Here, Isaiah is speaking, who was the most holy man in all of Jerusalem. If you saw him, you would think to yourself that he is clearly a man sent by God. He might have even of thought of himself like this also, but who was he comparing himself to? To other people! But in this wonderful verse Isaiah sees the Lord surrounded by all of his angels as they scream "Kadosh", which mean Holy, Isaiah looks in awe and finally sees the true standards of goodness. As what does the most holy man in all of Jerusalem say, if not then the world? "I am a man of unclean lips, surrounded by people of unclean lips".

You see Isaiah saw the true standards that needed to be met and after seeing it, he saw his true sinful self. And so we must think the same of all people. No one is without sin, and because of this, we all deserve death. But if one humbles himself believes then he is saved.
>>
>>36871291
Nah, he made you fall and put you in a helpless state of sin.
>>
>>36871393
Hey, thanks for joining. If there are any questions you'd like to be answered then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>36871590
>we all deserve death
That's some pretty negative thinking there anon
>>
>>36871459
The Bible does not give us a direct answer to this question, and I don't think I even have the knowledge to even answer this question, but I would lean on, a very reluctant, yes. Since we are all born into sin and need to be saved because of it would make the most sense that they would, but then again God could look at your situation and think otherwise.
>>
>>36871485
The belief and trust in that Christ was God and died for our sins and we put our full trust in his work on the cross.

So, really it boils down to trust that christ has got you.
>>
How do YOU imagine God? In your head, when you think of God, do you think of a human, or what?
>>
>>36871672
>That's some pretty negative thinking there anon
It's the sad state that we're in, and so God gives us a way out but sadly only a few enter.

Also, what do you think about the other points I raised?
>>
>>36871733
Good question. I actually don't really think of an image just kind close my eyes and I guess talk to a feeling. I don't even really imagine an image but rather perhaps a faint light or just me talking to a feeling.
>>
>>36871610
God created us as idiotic animals and the Light-Bringer taught us how to tell good from evil, this angered God (who gives us lovely things like children with tumors) because we could see him for the petty, jealous king he is, so we all were collectively punished.
>>
>>36871737
what's your IQ, christcuck?
>>
>>36871672
Not all of us are in the same boat as ChristAnon, anon. I believe that far too many Christians are hung up on the matters of death and Heaven and all that.

Why does no one simply ask how to live or what the teaches of Jesus were?
>>
>>36871759
Why does it matter? Did I say something questionable?

I don't know my iq
>>
>>36871757
Sounds like someone just read Paradise Lost.
>>
>>36871745
This is how I feel except I don't believe in the church and I'm weary of the bible. The connection I have between God and myself is most pure when I don't have the results of a 4000 year old game of telephone muddling it.
>>
>>36871789
Never read it desu, not my style.
Always be critical of what rulers tell you about themselves.
>>
>>36871757
>God created us as idiotic animals
No, he just gave us free will.

>who gives us lovely things like children with tumours
We live in a fallen world, and things weren't always like this, until the fall of man. If you are seeking a place that is like that, then seek heaven.
read this also. >>36847076
>>
>>36871804
Well, you should then, because it sounds like you would really like it. It is very much in the strain of what you just said.

Also what's not your style? Reading books?
>>
>>36871802
So, are you a deist?
>>
>>36871840
>No, he just gave us free will.
yes, and then created horrible tortures for anyone who disobeyed him which kinda undermines the whole "free" part of will

>>36871841
I know that series is a deliberate attempt to paint Satan as sympathetic in the early parts before slowly undermining his message so no, I don't think it would be my thing

Reading fiction isn't my thing
>>
>>36871861
I guess. I've explored many different faiths and it always ends with the same result of me rejecting other people's descriptions of faith and me recognizing what I feel as true.
>>
>>36871876
>Undermines the whole "free" part of will
No, free will just means you have a choice, but that does not at all undermine free will. Saying so juts means that you don't understand what free will is. There are consequences to out actions, and so you have to reap what you sow.
>>
>>36871876
Protip: you don't sound cool for not reading fiction. You just look like an idiot who thinks he is too good for classical literature because "fiction is for children."

Even if you really don't, don't say that to people, it makes you look like a jackass.
>>
>>36871897
Perhaps we can talk about these difficulties. Got any questions?
>>
>>36871903
If I were to give you the choice of two deals, one of which had you tortured for all eternity, there is not choice.
>>
>>36871927
There is a choice because you are giving me one. God doesn't send people to hell; we send ourselves to hell.
>>
>>36871903
Romans 8:29-30
>>
>>36871959
That is a lame cop-out, we only go to hell because a supposedly omnibenevolent deity created it for us if we disobey him and sends us there for, among other things, eating shellfish
>>
File: angrygaysounds.png (173KB, 308x326px) Image search: [Google]
angrygaysounds.png
173KB, 308x326px
>mfw all people in this thread are focusing on is death and what happens after death instead of focusing on how to live and Christ's message
>>
>>36871919
I just cannot believe in the church. I see the bible as a good source for life lessons and (some) morals but there is no way of knowing how muddled it has been due to countless changes due to mistranslations or changes due to political reasons. I feel even if the bible at one point was the word of God, it has been made the word of man and I don't need the word of man to help me define my faith.
>>
>>36871974
yeah, sure. I believe in that but predestination is the revealing of what man will do with his own free will. It's called compatibilist predestination where god is sovereign but we are still accountable for what we do. That being said I did write this a few threads ago.
>>36730229
>>
>>36872053
so are you reformed?
>>
>>36871985
>a supposedly omnibenevolent deity created it for us
That is wrong. God originally created it for the devil and his angels, but due to man's sins, we were also cast into there.

>sends us there for,
He doesn't send anyone to hell but only sends people to heaven. You send yourself to hell, but God sends you to heaven.

>eating shellfish
Yeah, you have not understood the gospel at all, and so that is why you still think that Christians are under the OT laws.

>>36871990
That is true but it can't be helped.

>>36871996
>ountless changes due to mistranslations or changes due to political reasons.
Oh, textual transmission. I love talking about this subject and I can give you a lot of proof to show that we can, in fact, trust the gospel and its message.
>>
>>36872074
Yes, I am a reformed baptist. And from what I've heard there aren't a lot of us here in britbong. How about yourself anon?
>>
>>36872136
i am reformed as well senpai good to see more reformed people. God bless Brother.
>>
>>36871590
>When you say good, to who standards are we talking about? If we're talking about man's standards then is that good enough? We as humans have immensely low standards when compared to that of the creator of the universe, and it is his standard, at the end of the day, that we must fulfil in order to achieve eternal life.
>No one is without sin, and because of this, we all deserve death. But if one humbles himself believes then he is saved.
Well, these aren't things I can respect, sorry. If you believe in a creator that thinks good people deserve to die over a matter of personal faith, that's horrible. It's a horrible belief. No humane standard would look at a good person and say that they're deserving of death because they follow the wrong religion.
>>
>>36872176
God bless you too! Also, we have a Christian discord I think you might wanna join.
>>
>>36872213
>If you believe in a creator that thinks good people deserve to die
But good to who's standard? That's the big question you have to answer. It's not about religion but rather that we have all fallen short of the glory of God. Even Isaiah the holiest man in all of Jerusalem if not then the world finally saw God in his glory and realised what true goodness is and what standard of goodness he was up against.
>>
>>36872213
the Bible says no one is good.

Romans 3:20-23
>>
>>36872290
Exactly, only God is good! Thanks, anon! Also, we have a Christian discord I think you might wanna join.
>>
>>36872317
i would, but i cant right now. sorry senpai maybe some other time.
>>
>>36872268
>>36872290
>But good to who's standard?
If your standard of good says that those that help others, whether it's as visible as volunteer doctors with MSF providing relief in disaster-struck areas or as invisible as a caring person that cares for their friends, cheering them up when they're down and helping them out when they need it, those that have a positive impact on other people's lives, aren't good enough...

You're honestly telling me that you would look a non-Christian crisis counselor dead in the eye and tell them they aren't a good person?
>>
>>36872543
>You're honestly telling me that you would look a non-Christian crisis counsellor dead in the eye and tell them they aren't a good person?
But to human standards perhaps yes they're nice. Like a midget among the dwarves, humans have different standards than god. But to enter into the most holiest of places you aren't supposed to do it to please people but god.
>>
>>36872587
So you would look a non-Christian crisis counselor dead in the eye and tell them that they aren't a good person? That they're only nice?
>>
>>36872543
The Bible says your good works are like filthy rags

Isaiah 64:6
>>
>>36872676
i would look a Christian in the face and tell him hes not a good person.
>>
>>36872676
Good to human standards but not god's.

Also, even when humans do good things, there is alway a lingering of sin. When we help an old lady cross the road, we know that people are looking and we like to seem like a good person. Everything we do is touched by sin, and so it is not acceptable to God. But to human, if I am judging someone by human standards then yeah I can say a lot of people are nice, but it's not my standards which dictate who goes into heaven but gods. And like this anon said >>36872714 our good works are like filthy rags to god and it is only faith that can save.

>>36872800
Why? What permission do you have to tell people who is and isn't a nice person? Who do you even think you are?
>>
>>36872841
i am a no one. sin dwells in me

For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin

but because of Christ i have been freed

Romans 7

Romans 6:18
>>
>>36872800
I wouldn't say they weren't a good person. I would say (and have said, earlier) that if they thought this way, they hold horrible beliefs.

>>36872714
>>36872841
If your god is sincerely willing to call good works done by humans filthy rags, then your god isn't worthy of respect, as they don't respect others.

I do thank you for taking the time to talk with me, though. I don't want to sound petty by this, but it was enlightening. I hope that you continue to be good people and discard these harmful beliefs.
>>
>>36873050
hes your God to

Romans 1:18-32

but you suppress the truth
>>
>>36873021
Amen!

>>36873050
>If your god is sincerely willing to call good works done by humans filthy rags, then your god isn't worthy of respect, as they don't respect others.
This is a common reaction when people hear the message of the gospel. The gospel tells people about their true nature, and people don't like hearing the truth. The Jews crucified him because he revealed to people their own true nature and people couldn't accept that. I don't blame you for thinking this way but to lighten things up it is why Christ died. He gave up his heavenly role, which is a statement which gave over a lot of peoples head and people don't truly appreciate the message, and came down to die our sins of people who weren't even trying to seek him. This is true love but the unbeliever with a hardened heart it is like looking into the mirror and he/she not being able to accept his flaws.

>I do thank you
I thank you also! Hey, thanks for joining. If there are any questions you'd like to be answered then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>36872841
>>36873050
i know i come off as Harsh i am sorry. and i don't know who you are but i do love you.
>>
>>36873211
It's ok and I appreciate you coming here. Also, we have a Christian discord I think you might wanna join.
>>
R.C Sproul has plently of sermons for theological issues if you aren't cath/ortho. Most questions here can be seen debated with university students on youtube on a series called Give Me An Answer.
>>
>>36873317
I am actually a big fan of R.C Sproul and have listened to his lectures, especially those about the Trinity. I am not too aware of the youtube on a series called Give Me An Answer but it does sound interesting, and so I'll check them out.
>>
>>36871757
You don't know what god was going to do with us, had Adam and Eve not sinned
>>
>>36871876
No, those creatures came about when we were cast out and forced to farm.
>>
>>36868173
>One enters into heaven through faith alone

Reminder that you should read about transhuman Christians. They think faith + science/technology/hard work gets you into Heaven.
>>
>>36873211
I appreciate the sentiment, if not the delivery. Life's too short to hold on to negative emotions like anger or hate. The world could do with a lot more love.

>>36873166
>If there are any questions you'd like to be answered then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
Okay, I do have one more question that I'd like an answer to, and it's probably a simple one for you:

Matthew 5:17-18 New International Version (NIV)
>Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
>For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

What exactly is the Law/Law of the Prophets?
Furthermore, when Jesus said "until everything is accomplished," what precisely needs to be accomplished?
>>
>>36868173
Faith is the only thing in life I have that feels like it gives me some sort of purpose. Maybe I'll even overcome my incredible anxiety and go to church.
>>
A true faith begets works, a faith without works is dead, as it shows you're merely putting on the appearance of belief.

Recall, Christ says few will enter the Kingdom of Heaven-- do not think your salvation guaranteed by a statement of belief.
>>
I'm reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I do not like the idea of being Christs plaything. I'm my own independent person, is that impossible to believe and be a christian.
>>
>>36873606
>What exactly is the Law/Law of the Prophets?
Thanks for the questions. Like I said before I will be answering them to the best of my abilities.

Now, what are the law? The law is basically the OT rules that were put on the Jews to determine how they should act. They include things such as not eating certain meats, partaking in circumcision and among other things. A good and interesting video to watch about the law is this quick 90+ seconds clip by Ryan Reeves.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CjzS6EAgug

>Furthermore, when Jesus said "until everything is accomplished," what precisely needs to be accomplished?
He means that no one has ever completed the law since, as stated in the video above, the law is too difficult to keep. It would be impossible for a single man to keep all the laws since they're over 600 of them and they can't all be kept. Now Christ, on the other hand, has completed the law. He has fulfilled it by not breaking even a single rule since childhood and so when he says

>Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Matthew 5:17

He means that he will do it to completion and belife in him will result in you attaining his perfect record of obedience to the law, which we could not keep by yourself.

Hope that answered your question. If there are further things, you would like for me to clear up then feel free to ask more.

>>36873710
That's great anon! You should do that!
>>
>>36873750
Opposite to being Christ's plaything, when you open yourself up to being an instrument of God's will, you actually discover your true self. If it is God, the omnipresent, preeternal creator who had brought about your existence, then it is only through him that you can be complete.

No person is independent from God, they can only fool themselves into believe so-- just as the Devil has done. Thinking we're apart from God only serves to exacerbate the fallen condition of man.
>>
>>36873747
A common question I get. Try reading this and tell me what you think. >>36748148
>>
>>36873750
>I do not like the idea of being Christ's plaything.
What did you mean by this?

>I'm my own independent person,
Fair enough Christ didn't come for people with this mentality.

>When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor--sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners,"
Mark 2:17
>>
>>36873860
I agree that a "true" faith is all you need, but works-- even done by one whose heart is not of pure intentions, act as an exercise in humility, by requiring you to sacrifice to benefit others. Bit by bit, they can lead you towards a true faith, but most importantly one must pray, read scripture, take the sacraments which Christ has commissioned his disciples in the clergy to convey, and meditate.

Even if you do not believe firmly, works are necessary in my opinion as well as that of the Church fathers. Still, ones faith does tend to waver even with a supposed solid belief. Because of this, we mustn't ever assume we've "got it" in terms of God's word, will, and truth. It's persistent perseverance, constant work and improvement. This is what it means for one to take up their cross willingly and bear the sufferings of this world.
>>
>>36873606
>What exactly is the Law/Law of the Prophets

The 5 Books of Moses, also know as the Torah for the jews.

the Old testament talks a lot about the coming of the Mashiach aka Messiah and what he will do.and the laws that the Jews Must follow.

Jesus came and he fulfilled prophecies that were written about him. in the Old testament
>>
>>36873606
Isaiah 53 The Suffering Servant Old testament

Matthew 20:28

just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
>>
>>36874116
>even done by one whose heart is not of pure intentions, act as an exercise in humility
I'll have to disagree with you on that point. Without god's grace upon us, we can do nothing to please God.

>All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind, our sins sweep us away.
Isaiah 64:6

and

>"Hear this, O house of Jacob, who are named Israel And who came forth from the loins of Judah, Who swear by the name of the LORD And invoke the God of Israel, But not in truth nor in righteousness.
Isaiah 48:1

We, without god's power working within us, are unable to do any good. Even if we were able to, it wouldn't be counted as righteous since it will give us room to boast. Read this

>If Abraham was indeed justified by works, he had something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
Romans 4:2-3

But since we have been justified by faith alone apart from works we have nothing to boast about before man or God.

>It's persistent perseverance, constant work and improvement. This is what it means for one to take up their cross willingly and bear the sufferings of this world.

This is a description of how the elect of God will act. The power of God working within them will move them to do good works, but it will be done by free of the touch of sin and done in sincerity.
>>
>>36873802
>>36874177
Okay, that makes a lot more sense now. Thank you for the list of books, as well. I didn't realize that Jesus fulfilled them, so people don't need to obey them anymore. Nice video, too. I might check out his channel after finals.

Two more questions, no doubt common ones: Regarding homosexuality, is it possible to be gay and Christian? As >>36874177 said, Leviticus is part of the Law, so that means Leviticus 20:13 no longer applies? I feel like that would be one of the major hurdles for a gay Christian to overcome.

For the second, with regards 1 Timothy 2, is it required for a woman to be servile to men (or their husband) and to bear children, in addition to faith, to be a good Christian/enter heaven? What about nuns?
>>
>>36874332
>is it possible to be gay and Christian?
In some sense, yes but if he carries on in his immoral acts, then his faith might come into question. For a better answer see this: >>36748148

>1 Timothy 2
Yeah, but you have to understand that there are roles in the church and life in general. In the NT the Church is called the wife and Christ is called the husband. The church submits himself to Christ, and a woman submits himself to his husband. But don't take it in an offensive way because we are told to protect our wives and show them respect

>In the same way, the women are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.
1 Timothy 3:11

And so like Christ protects the church, we are to protect out women.
>>
File: 1439954324389.jpg (113KB, 900x672px) Image search: [Google]
1439954324389.jpg
113KB, 900x672px
Manic-depressive tare here
My mind and soul is so shredded by bitterness and rage that I can't even speak to others anymore without violence flowing through my mind
I tried killing this with alcohol and eating but the disease only gets worse
I haven't even spoken to a believer in years
What is a mere man to do?
>>
>>36874332
>Leviticus is part of the Law, so that means Leviticus 20:13 no longer applies

it still dose, sin is sin to God. straight, gay, it dose not matter. we must repent,

repent means to change ones mind and this involves a turning from sin. and its hard because we live in a fallen world. thats why we need Jesus

Galatians 2:20

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

>For the second, with regards 1 Timothy 2, is it required for a woman to be servile to men (or their husband) and to bear children

yes the bible says that woman must obey the Husbands, but the Bible also tells men.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,

Christians are only to marry other Christians.

2 Corinthians 6:14

Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
>>
>>36874332
Psalm 127:3

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
>>
>>36874934
Hey, try joining our discord here gg/QkBjy We'll try our best to help/.
>>
>>36868173
Jesus most probably never existed, pham
>>
File: Thats heresy.png (200KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
Thats heresy.png
200KB, 498x750px
>the rest of /r9k/
>>
if god is real, how come i was born and he invented niggers
>>
File: hitler serving the vatican.gif (26KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
hitler serving the vatican.gif
26KB, 468x240px
>>36868173
I'd give you a chance, but you seem like the really obnoxious kind of christian. I'm atheist, but I have no good feelings towards the "faith alone" types of christians.

At least Jack Chick is fucking dead.
>>
>>36875767
There's decent evidence he existed, but he was probably also a doomsday prophet who preached of an imminent doomsday
>>
>>36876119
Why not give me a chance, anon? I'm the other Christian in this thread, the one that isn't ChristAnon.

What else do you have to lose? This might be the most positive attention you get today anyways.
>>
>>36876144
No there isn't. There's problems with the evidence that don't stand up to textual criticism.
>>
>>36876264
Why not give Jesus the benefit of the doubt, anon? What do you lose by doing so?
>>
>>36876471
Nothing, but it's just the most logical inference what with the progression of the Biblical evidence from having no mention of any historical premise to suddenly having a specific historical premise to it from Paul's authentic letters to his inauthentic letters, that looks weird on historicity. Even weirder is Paul abhorring the worship of creations, gods that look like creations or even godmen in demigods then turning around and worshiping Jesus who was supposedly a human years before. It's the most logical inference. They didn't put him in a clear historical premise at first because there was no historical Jesus and the Gospels were mythical allegory for a celestial Jesus communicating through revelation.
>>
>>36868173
Christian historically has gone down the shot OP. It was prophesied Daniel 2:7 Catholicism and Christians worship on Sunday the first Saturday is the seventh day those are false churches in the eyes of god. Even Jesus said 'if you love me keep my commandments', 'anyone who says loves me but does not keep my commandment does not love and is a liar', 'Not everyone who says Lord Lord will make it to heaven only he that does the will of my father in heaven. 321 ad roman emperor Constantine changed it to Sunday mixing it with paganism to stop persecuting them making it a man's day. Christian don't even know their own history afterwards only Jesus so they can't even follow their own laws right.. And that's only the beginning of what they don't follow or/and know..
>>
>>36868173
Let me paraphrase what you've said in the OP

>jesus gave up his godly status for our sakes
>he died for us and rose again
>the thing at play during his resurrection will occur for you too as long as you have faith
>repeats that he died for us

A little disappointed, ChristAnon. I thought the Christians of 4chan would have more intelligent-sounding ideas about it than my grandma, but it's the same old same old. You're failing to make this intellectually interesting.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.