[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 829
Thread images: 123

File: quest_thread_general.png (28KB, 772x539px) Image search: [Google]
quest_thread_general.png
28KB, 772x539px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

http://qst.wikia.com
This is a wiki that gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question:
What universe would you never run a quest in?

>Player Question:
What gender do you prefer to play as and why?
>>
/qst/ was a mistake and questing is dead

Things you'll never hear on /qst/:

>F5F5F5F5F5'ing like a madman!

>Wow, I get to catch one of these threads live.

>Archive of last thread? I missed the end part.

>>Reading suptg
>>[OP]Now I shall sleep, hopefully to be up in time to get an OP constructed by 18:00 tomorrow.
>OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT! Get to the 4chans!

>God DAMN was there a lot of discussion while I was away playing JABO.

>Don't forget to upvote the thread in the archive guys.

>>Just get off work
>>[X] Quest is running, FUCK YEAR
>Excuse me while I squeal and piss myself.

R.I.P. Questing, 2016.

Enter the age of Patreonkun.
>>
>>1143336
Questing is fine, /qst/ is pure cancer..
>>
>>1143336
oh fuck what will we do without these high quality and thought provoking quotes
>>
>>1143403
staggnaate
>>
>>1143336
I've seen about half of these on /qst/ actually.

Only the really autistic ones have I not seen.
>>
>>1143384
What's so bad about /qst/? I really don't get it. It seems fine to me, but there may be some internal politics or decline in quester quality that I'm not privy to.
>>
>>1143484
some people like to roleplay as a persecuted minority sent into a gulag for their crime of playing quests instead of being reasonable about /qst/
>>
>>1143484
While that anon's making it out to be worse than it is, the huge over saturation of having a board that's nothing BUT quests means it's gonna be slow as bollocks.

/tg/ just gets more traffic. We're not dying, but it certainly feels like "walking" as opposed to running now.
>>
>>1143484
>internal politics
not really

>decline in quester quality
not signifi-

....okay, a LITTLE bit, but the main thing is quantity.
>>
>>1143484
It's a mixture of being forced here, less anon traffic than /tg/, and a lot of the big names disappeared or quit over the year /qst/ became a thing.

Also since we honestly don't need a whole board for questing you see all the dead/inactive quests in the mid/bottom of the catalog giving the illusion that it's dead as fuck when in reality its about as active of at least Akun.

The board itself is fine, but the circumstances of how we got it combined with other factors can sometimes depress people.
>>
Is Shattered Sky Quest dead?
>>
I just want a day where (x anime/fanfic quest) isn't anywhere on the frontpage.
>>
>>1143512
Seems like it. I'm more worried about broken sky online quest.
>>
How do people feel about Magic the Gathering? I'm piecing together ideas for a planeswalker quest and trying to settle on good planes to visit.
>>
>>1143622
there's been a few, less than 10. Most of the ones that died are due to QM flakeout.
>>
>>1143484
>What's so bad about /qst/?
Depends if you consider /qtg/ representative of the board, or the board itself resumed in a single thread.
>>
>>1143336
I'm pretty salty about the move. Way less quests to potentially be interested in, and less activity when I give up and run a quest because the heat death of the universe will happen before the next time a quest I care about gets posted at a time I'm actually awake.

In all seriousness, is there anywhere else to go with more activity but an equal or lower level of cancer?
>>
>>1143321

>QM Question:
What universe would you never run a quest in?
>W40K. Bores the hell out of me on so many levels. Although desu I'd be hard pressed to find a preexisting universe I WOULD run a quest in. I pretty much exclusively build original settings either in advance or as part of the quest.

>Player Question:
What gender do you prefer to play as and why?

>Male. It's easier to identify with a guy being a guy. Although I'm fine with female MC quests. Now writing with a female MC, that I avoid because I'm awful at it.
>>
>>1143484
/qst/ isn't all bad, its problems mostly come from the unreliability of QM's and the pacing of the board. Moving from /tg/ really impacted quests in general, it feels like a brick has been taken out of a wall, and it's expected to become another wall on it's own.
>>
>>1143662
I think it's pretty interesting how different places have developed different styles. Anonkun is for smut. Tgchan has a ton of drawquests and original content but is really slow. Sufficient Velocity is really heavy on fanfic quests and so on and so forth.
>>
>>1143682
The total lack of new blood because /qst/ is effectively a secret spot you have to intentionally go to is what really kills it.

I for one, never would have ever participated in a quest let alone run one if /qst/ had already been established when I first started browsing tg.
>>
there is one good thing about /qst/

filter by ID
>>
>>1143321
>What gender do you prefer to play as and why?
Futa. It has the most depth of character.
>>
I'm considering running my mage hunter quest tonight, although Wednesdays apparently have relatively low traffic. Is it worth attempting? I have far too much invested in this concept to have it die immediately.
>>
>>1144036
Weekend if possible. If that's not possible then just pull the trigger and hope for the best.
>>
>>1144036
Tell me more about what it consists of.
>>
>>1144153
Dark Ages-style fantasy world where blasphemy is on the winning side. The main character believes he saw a vision from God that told him to remove magic from the world at all costs.

Aspects of the world building/style are inspired by Witcher, (very loosely) Dragon Age, Crusader Kings 2, and dark fantasy in general.
>>
>>1144201
>Crusader Kings 2
Okay, now you have my attention. Deus vult!
>>
>>1144036
Well I'll be around for it and it sounds interesting.

Assuming by tonight you mean between about now and six hours from now.

Low traffic is a problem all the time but I've found it's best to just go for it when it works for you and hope people can play. As long as "when it works for you" isn't like 4am pst on a Monday.
>>
>>1144208
>>1144246
Glad people are interested. I think I'll just hold off running it until tomorrow at about 6-7 PM CST.
>>
>>1144273
I'll try and keep an eye out, but I might be roped into playing For Honor with friends.
>>
>>1144273
Cool. I've been pretty busy lately but I'll do my best to participate.
>>
>>1143333
>>
I've been messing around with an idea for a while and it seems like it might be more of a builder, but I can see it working as a quest too, since there would be lots of things to run around and do in such a world.

The great old ones and the outer gods, who reside within the structure of the universe, make a universe, or at least, a galaxy. The elder gods are present too, but they live outside in the super-structure of all universes, not just any 1 specific universe, so their involvement is minimal.

Essentially the goal is simply; build a galaxy, galaxy cluster, or universe, and it would start out at only 59 seconds after the big bang, ending automatically at the heat death of the universe or when at least 1 great old one / outer god has made a functional galaxy that survives X number of turns.

One model I'm thinking of using is it being a builder-esq thing when players are operating the great old ones and outer gods, and more of a /qst/ thing when they are in minion mode and operating 1 specific minion on an individual task, with players freely switching between the two.

The GOO's and OG's would have strict, absolute, and final, limits on their powers, and would be using a strict spheres/portfolios system similar to TTG deities.

Azathoth and Nyarlathotep would be unplayable, azathoth because Az's function is 'make the universes background matrix of space, time, and energy, then blow up a big bang and go home' and N being unplayable because he doesn't exist yet, (but may appear in the course of a game).

I feel like this could be fun, if I can figure out a way to not make it take hundreds of lifetimes to end, and find a way to make it smooth and seamless when changing between GOO or OG and a lone minion.

My previous issue with this was it was such a huge scale of space time and effort that it simply never ended and had difficulty advancing very fast, but I think by reducing it down to a galaxy cluster instead of a universe, that might be fixed.
>>
>>1144649
>59 seconds after the big bang
And what can you do then? The universe was too hot, too small and too weird to do anything of note.
>>
>>1143688
I may have to given Anonkun a shot. It seems to have way more activity at least.

Although now that I've looked at it hot damn does half the stuff there seem to be fetish pron.
>>
>>1144677
Change the laws of nature? Piss on it with old god piss to cool it down?

Swirl it aboot to give it pretty shapes?
>>
>>1144680
>It seems to have way more activity at least.
There are only 7 Live quests on akun right now. There is about the same, if not more quests live on /qst/ right now.
>>
>>1144677
I don't wish to get into a prolonged argument about the physics of it, for one thing theres so much about the time period that no human, anywhere, knows, and for another, it plays out a bit differently than the real big bang (probably) did, and the expansion from tiny speck to big universe is much faster, 30 seconds instead of the ages and aeons it actually took, so the universe is somewhat functionally different than the true actual universe. Different enough that theres stuff to do even at that early stage of things, such as making gas liquid and solid, steadying the output of energy so that its slow and even, creating the lanthanides and actinides needed to start formation of particle masses, etc.

>>1144683
Cooling it down and swirling it you could do, but changing the laws of nature would be risky, because if they break instead of just bending, its instant-game-restart, for everyone. But that's just a vexing delay, as the universe literally -cannot- exist or function without the GOOs and OG's, so this reset never harms a GOO or an OG unless they just roll a truly horrible fail of at least two results of nat-1 out of 3d100.
>>
>>1143321
>What universe would you never run a quest in?
Any universe I don't care for honestly. If I'm not invested in it myself, how can I expect to write good stories about it?
Male. More relatable to me and and I can try and make decision in character a lot better than I could otherwise. I do kind of want to see more female PC's though just to have a different type of experience.
>>
>>1144683
Forgot to mention; only 1 specific GOO or OG has the 'physics' sphere in their portfolio, so only one of them can actually do the roll the dice to change natural law option. unclear at this time who specifically it is planned to be.
>>
>>1144691
there are about the same number of quests updating but there's still more activity from chat, topics, etc. that keep people involved, and at peak hours akun blows qst out of the water for number of updating quests, votes, amount of discussion, etc. the front page of akun actually roils with quests pushing each other down all the time, rather than once every fifteen minutes

of course, it's still akun, which means almost all of the updating quests, all the votes, and all the discussion is almost worthless. but at least stuff happens even if it's shit
>>
>>1144742
True, but you have to remember that the barrier for participating in Akun is so low.

The difference between taking the time to make a post on 4chan to vote/discuss compared to just clicking an option or chatting in a instant message box on akun is honestly huge.

Lurkers are the worst and akun has far less of them. And you can see them on Akun too which helps QM ego.
>>
>>1141374
Infinite Patchworks. It may grow.
>>
I've been away from /qst/ for the longest time, and all the quests I followed are dead, unsurprisingly. I 'm looking for the first animated quest we had on the board. It was like any other quest but for the fact that OP took the time to actually animate out the story. Plot didn't particularly strike my fancy (mostly exposition), but it was the best thing on the board.
>>
>>1144765
Homeward I think?
>>
>>1144768
May not have been the first then. Can't remember when it was from but I remember full color animations with dialogue drawn into the animation.

Thanks, though
>>
It's unconventional to say the least, but I'm willing to run this on /qst/. The /qst/ion is, is a game that switches between builder and quest regularly per turn, the sort of thing that can be run on qst, and is anyone even interested in doing this?

The goal would be to create 1 large functional self-sustaining galaxy cluster.

>>1144649
>>1144696
>>1144732

An example turn 0, how it might play out.

OP's action: >Azathoth makes the GOO's and OGs, the players appearing in-game, Azathoth takes an extremely back-seat role in the plot, less than 1 in (extremely large number) chance Azathoth does anything any given turn

1st players action: >daoloth uses 'physics' sphere to turn the universe into a finite spherical shape, rather than an infinite flat plane

2nd players action: >Cthulhu uses the 'mind' sphere to give itself and the other GOOs telepathy with each other

3rd players action: >Yog-sothoth uses the 'time' sphere to instantly drop some of the radiant energy to solid state vibration speed, turning 1/6th of the universe's radiant energy into gaseous matter

4th players action: >Rhan-tegoth uses the 'coldness' sphere to change 1/3rd of the existing gaseous-state matter into chemical ices

5th players action: >Ubbo-sathla switches to 'minion' control, gets a minion's stat-sheet, and does a bit of exploring to see if anything formed outside of PCs direct control

Final players action: >Aphoom-zah uses 'gateway' sphere to make a white hole to spew out tachyons, neutrinos, and x-rays, stimulating the steady formation of physically existent matter

OP's answers: (each response)

New turn start.
>>
>>1144815
2 details I wasn't able to mention due to space of the post already being big.

This would be a 3d100 using game, 3 actions per turn unless in minion mode, in which case 2 actions per turn, and finally, this is a static-ruleset game in which a ruleset is present in a pastebin from start of game thread onward.
>>
>>1144786
Whirlpool Quest had colored animations first but I'm pretty sure Homeward Quest is what you're looking for.

it's /u/ isekai trash though, hardly "the best thing on the board"
>>
>>1143336
I've seen some of these. Mostly excitement to catch a live thread and getting off work to find your favourite quest is up.

Slow doesn't quite mean dead.
>>
so Trick is over on akun...

is he always that annoying?
>>
>>1145058
Yep.

I mean I think I have a bit of a point but whatever.
>>
>>1145076
What's the point you're trying to make?
>>
>>1145058
Is he calling you or your quest out on bullshit? Cause when it's not just shitposting he usually has a point.
>>
>>1145123
I'm not a QM
>>
File: Tunnel Snakes Rule.jpg (130KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tunnel Snakes Rule.jpg
130KB, 1440x900px
>>1145123

>when the /qtg/ squad has your back
>>
>>1145058
Yes.
>>
>>1145058
What you call """annoying""", I call "did nothing wrong".
>>
>>1145109

The point I was trying to make was pretty much "QM, you could have easily written this scene to be the smut you wanted but you decided to instead blame your players for being "cucks" and then meme at them and get frustrated (to the point he considered NTR punishment before dismissing it as he rightfully should have)"

Essentially the players were a bit leery of playing into the QM's orchestrated retelling of your classic "Satyr catches a nymph and fucks her" scene because they didn't want to rape the female character they were supposed to fuck because moments earlier she had been shouting at the MC to stay away and shooting at him with a shotgun.

At the time the players caught up to her however, she went into "nymph" mode and all she could say was "you caught me"

Then the QM had her do obvious things that indicated she wanted to fuck like approach the MC and grind her hips at him but some of the players (a majority) still didn't want to fuck her because all she could say was "YOU CAUGHT ME!" and looked like a forest creature and the MC wasn't exactly a heartless rapist and he has no clue what the fuck is going on and the QM was mad the players both didn't want to fuck her right then and there and also was mad that a write-in trying to coax her into actually saying something beyond "YOU CAUGHT ME" so we could ensure she was actually sapient and cognizant at the time of the fucking was over the board.

And of course I had to get ticked off and start shit with the QM, his entire hugbox and generally be an annoying prat for multiple hours because I genuinely think JackieBoy (QM) was being a tad unreasonable and should review why things didnt go the way he wanted and fix his side of things rather than just outright blame his players for being "stupid"
>>
>>1145235
That does look like the QM failed to properly convey the nymph was sapient and cognizant, either in prose, in chat or vetoing the write in with the explanation that she is indeed sapient and cognizant.

Odd how smut quest players are either the kind of players that will see the quest burn to get a smut scene or the kind of players that suddenly have a conscience and will try to avoid smut because they think the quest will burn if you get smut. Both kinds naturally complain about the other.
>>
>>1145259

The worst part though is the other players were relating the "refusal to fuck the nymph" to the ludicrous idea that you need to get a consent form filled out by a chick that she wants to fuck you when any real "non-cuck alpha male" (which i'm sure ALL of them are in real life) would pick up on the context clues of her body language to realize she's DTF.

But like, it's just this huge bundle of CONTEXT DENIAL.

Like, yes, if the latin chick who can't speak English and you can't understand Spanish is grinding on you at the club you can probably fuck her and that won't be a problem. Because you're intrinsically aware that she knows what she's doing.

When someone fucking TRANSFORMS into a horny beast via magic powers due to, essentially, puberty and not according to their will (as far as your most immediate knowledge of that persons wants and desires were moments before transformation) and you have NO GODDAMN CLUE about whether they will retain their memories, or if their personalities might conflict between nymph mode and human mode, or if she might be mad knowing she was taken advantage of or just absolutely distraught and feeling like she'd been violated

We had no fucking clue what nymphs are like or what they do. We barely know the extent of our Satyr powers and more seem to be revealed with each new chapter.

All we had to rely on that doing this wouldn't fuck us up the ass (By the way, this girl we're fucking is the best friend of our girlfriend who, admittedly, is alright with the MC fucking other women but not with him y'know, raping her best friend because FUCK IT) is the fact that I intrinsically trust the QM to not have this fuck us up the ass later.

I assume she'll wake up, go like "man being a nymph was fun I want your dick now MC-kun I love it<3~~~" but y'know, just because I'm genre savvy doesn't mean that's a justifiable in-character reason to go "eh, fuck it, let's fuck this nymph cunt"

And the QM could have handled this in a million different ways to make it alright or just NOT GET PISSED when his players are a little bit hesitant to dive headfirst into this bullshit.

GoD FUCK ME FUCK SHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
File: freeshrugs.jpg (84KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
freeshrugs.jpg
84KB, 449x642px
>>1145279
Smut quests amiright?
>>
>>1145235
>NTR
But wasn't Modern Satyr Quest about making girls into sluts that will fuck anyone?
>>
>>1145304

Yeah but instead of it being whatever dumb bullshit it is its a SATYR coming in and fucking OUR NYMPH to KEK US or whatever
>>
>>1145304
>>1145305
That BS was a problem in the old quest too

The MC could turn girls into 2 kinds of servants that gave the MC power when they got lewded

IIRC it was handmaidens and something else

One was more normal person while the other a bigger slut but got a lot more energy from lewding

They never put a girl in the slut category once. They could not wrap their heads around that magic demi god of sex penis was objectively better at fucking than any human.
>>
>>1145321
It was less that, more people got squicked by the fact that 'sluttifying' her basically robbed her of all her free will, and we weren't down to do that.
>>
>>1145325
>squicked
Go back to Tumblr
>>
>>1145334
That's a Tumblr thing?
>>
>>1145338
TVTropes, too.
>>
>>1145338
That and your objection to mindrape.
>>
>>1145339
I just occasionally see the word around the internet. Couldn't tell you where I got it from, I just recall knowing it one day.

>>1145340
I didn't object to it. I didn't care, personally.
>>
>>1145339
Thought Tumblr had moved on to the triggers.
>>
>>1145325
it just seems hypocritical since free will kinda went out the window when a girl rode the Satyr benis.
>>
>>1145058
oh yea definitely, but he does have a point this time
>>
File: MAHNIGGA.png (90KB, 318x235px) Image search: [Google]
MAHNIGGA.png
90KB, 318x235px
>>1145360

>when the /qtg/ squad got your back
>>
>>1145360
>this time
>>
>>1145235
>(to the point he considered NTR punishment before dismissing it as he rightfully should have
Holy take things out of context Batman.

He really should ban you, you salt mine.
>>
>>1145321
>They never put a girl in the slut category once.
Actually we did it twice, then the quest died.
>>
>>1145365
You are the saddest guy on the internet TrickQM
>>
>>1145374
>Holy take things out of context Batman.

It's legitimately not out of context. I said it exactly as what happened as he told us about it.

If you ever get to the point where you're thinking of punishing your players with NTR because you're mad at them, spoiler alert, there's probably a problem going on that needs to be fixed.
>>
>>1145380
Put your trip back on, Cosmic
>>
>>1145380
truer words have never been posted
but he's *our guy*
>>
>>1145374
>>1145376
>>1145380
This is some next level autism.
>>
Alright so, here me out.

The Mask quest.

Like the movie with Jim Carrey.

Except it's a smut quest.

And you're a girl.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (239KB, 1044x770px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
239KB, 1044x770px
>>1145465
I like it

mask quest when trick
>>
>>1145465
>sexing the Mask
That can result in... unpleasantness. Ever read the comic book?
>>
>>1145619
No. Tell me about it.
>>
>>1145465
Hear me out.

The Mask quest.

Like the movie with Jim Carrey.

Except that's what it actually is, and you're not a slutty girl.
>>
>>1145634
Hear me out.

The Mask quest.

Not like the movie with Jim Carrey.

The bionicles pick up the Mask.
>>
>>1145465
Don't actually do this
>>
>>1143321
>>QM Question:

Any that I didn't create myself.

OC 4 lyfe
>>
Would anyone be interested in a quest set in a 40k/Dune inspired setting?
>>
>>1145720
yes
>>
>>1145720
Maybe.
>>
>>1145622
It's completely different from the movie. In the comics, the "hilarious" cartoonish things the Mask does to its victims result in the victim's rather gory death.
>>
>>1145380

That Damn Weasel is far more pathetic than TrickQM, Anon. Mainly because he stays out of /qtg/ because he knows that we'd rip him a new asshole if he ever tried to shit-post.
>>
File: Ruins of Charn.jpg (772KB, 894x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Ruins of Charn.jpg
772KB, 894x1146px
So here's a very newfag question.
What are defining attributes of people who participate in quests?
From what I saw, it seems they
-are concerned with staying in control
-create long and elaborate plans
-have at least some degree of sympathy for the characters
-often overreact to perceived dangers
>>
I'm still mad about Modern Satyr Quest this fine morning.

So I've decided I'm inviting Jackie Boy onto my podcast

#QMDRAMAALERT

So we can argue this out. Stay tuned motherfuckers this podcast is going to be L E G E N D A R Y
>>
>>1145855
Implying anything you do is legendary other than the levels of faggotry you bring to this board, Trick
>>
File: Hannah Clarke, PhD.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Hannah Clarke, PhD.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>1145855
That's nice, dear.
>>
>>1145720
>40k/Dune
What the fuck does this even mean? Despite one lazily ripping off the other, the two are nothing alike.

It's like saying you want to run a quest in a Legend of Zelda/Warhammer Fantasy inspired setting.
>>
>>1145866
>>1145870

I think its legendary the levels of asshurt I manage to draw out of you faggots.

#FebruaryClapBack
>>
>>1145886
You know who I am. I don't need to be asshurt to hate ya.

>>1145878
Eh, they're thematically similar and fairly alike in several aspects, although they diverge pretty drastically at several points.

I'd say, rather, I'd like to run a quest in a Fading Suns / Warhammer 40k setting, because Fading Suns is like WH40k but not as FUCKING ED- grimdark.
>>
>>1145894
Wait are you Cosmic?

I really don't know who you are.
>>
>>1145896
Oh, Trick, I thought we had something special.

Guess I was wrong.

Fuck you, faggot.
>>
A quest based around surviving a disaster, or running away from a disaster.
Basically a disaster movie (think Daylight or Twister because fuck modern disaster movies) in quest form. Would it work?
>>
>>1145905
It could, for a oneshot, maybe.
>>
>>1145903

Look man I'm like Batman from that new Batman: Lego movie.

I'm sure you're like my Joker or my Penguin or my Riddler or my Ra's al Ghoul.

Or maybe you're my fucking Superman.

But I have a fucking Rogue's Gallery and you're one of many, man. So if you don't speak up I will never know who you are.
>>
>>1145894
>they're thematically similar
[TEEDUS Intensifies]
>fairly alike in several aspects
Yeah, in all the things 40K stole.

Are you retarded, friend? Or did you just not actually read any of the books?
>>
>>1145915
RIP me

>>1145923
No. I watched the movie. Hate me, but I couldn't find the time to read the books.
>>
>>1145937
>I watched the movie
Fucking retard. You may as well call yourself an expert on Robert Heinlein since you watched the Starship Troopers movie.

And even then, Dune the movie is nothing similar to 40K thematically speaking
>>
>>1145943
Do you even know what a theme is

>Far future pseudo-medieval sci fi
>Far future GRIMDARK pseudo-medieval sci fi
>>
>>1145943

>Arguing with Cosmic

You might as well argue with me instead. You might actually get somewhere.
>>
>>1145949
Do YOU know what a theme is?
>an exploration of humanity, hope in the darkest times, the curse of prophecies, and how humanity's greatestenemy is itself but humanity is always worth fighting for
>GRIMSKULL SKULLGRIM OF SPIKE CITADEL THE BLOODROCUTIONER, SLAYER OF DEMONS AND ALIENS IN A WORLD OF SHIFTY 80'S METAL
Totally the same thematic elements, brah!
>>
>>1145960
>Implying I like either you OR Cosmic
Try again brah

>>1145966
Wait, you mean the tone of their respective stories is a theme? Wew
>>
>>1145960
If someone's gonna shot on my second favorite book series by comparing it to 40K because they watched a poorly adapted movie this one time, I'm gonna call them out on it.
>>1145971
>Theme is defined as a main idea or an underlying meaning of a literary work that may be stated directly or indirectly.
But no, theme totally means "does it have spaceships piloted by modified humans or not".

Let's not forget that even the settings of the two are nothing alike save for the handful of things 40K shamelessly stole and then made shittier
>>
>>1145982
>Shittier
>Implying that pseudo-philosophical bits are enough to make it good

Don't get me wrong, I like Dune, but WH40k is better. Even though it's EDGE TO INFINITY levels of grimderp.
>>
>>1145982
Only first 2 books are good.
>>
>>1145992
>I like Dune, but WH40k is better

HOT OPINIONS!

GET YOUR HOT OPINIONS HERE!

FRESH FROM THE OVEN, HOT OPINIONS!
>>
>>1145992
40k is trash.
>>
File: Balkar_map.png (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Balkar_map.png
281KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /qtg/, I'm thinking of running a quest set in the Not-Balkans. The main character would be a minor count sent to take command of his county on the frontier. The quest would involve feudal politics, basically minor civ management, and fighting/raiding Not-Slavs.

The Quest is set in pre-World War 1 era technology, but the political structure of the Reich is very similar to feudal Holy Roman Empire. Might be some very small fantasy elements in it, haven't decided yet. Would anyone be interested in playing?

Here's the map I made of the region. Any feed back is appreciated on it.
>>
>>1145992
You are free to believe that, just as you are free to believe that silver is a health drink. It won't make you any less retarded, though.

And what do you know of the philosophies of Dune? You never read the damn thing.
>>1145995
I would argue that God-Emperor was a good ending point if a little less engaging than the first two books.

The last two focused too much on the Bene Gesserit for my tastes, but it was almost worth it for more Duncan fun. The first two are definitely the best, though. Fukken Alia didn't deserve her fate.
>>
>>1146001
damn it why is this funny
>>1146002
Nice opinion ya got there
>>1146006
Sounds good, looks cool, will join if ya run
>>1146008
>Opinion
>Retarded
WEW LADDO
>>
>>1146014
Not all opinions are created equal, fampaitchi. Especially uneducated opinions that revel in their ignorance like yours.
>>
>>1146026
>uneducated
wew
>All this implying
>>
>>1146030
>All this implying
Imply nothing, champ. You have explicitly you have only watched the Dune movie, thus making any opinion you have on the book series one borne from ignorance.

This isn't that hard to understand, sport.
>>
>>1146036
I never brought up the book series, now did I? I brought up the only frame of reference I had for the Dune series. That's hardly ignorant, as ignorance implies that knowing stuff about the book is important.

Unless the movie is an extremely terrible adaptation, like the Bay Transformers or Ninja Turtles, I can still have an educated opinion on Dune, as the movie still represents the series.
>>
>>1146045
>I brought up the only frame of reference I had for the Dune series.
Yes, the Dune BOOK series. Had you said you were drafting inspired by the Dune MOVIE, you might have a leg to stand on. A peg leg made of rotted, termite-infested wood, but a leg nonetheless.
>That's hardly ignorant, as ignorance implies that knowing stuff about the book is important.
Are you honestly implying that it's not important to read a book when discussing said book? That is, as as previously stated, a highly ignorant stance to take.

It's like judging the entire star wars franchise when your only exposure to it was some fanfiction you read.
>Unless the movie is an extremely terrible adaptation, like the Bay Transformers or Ninja Turtles, I can still have an educated opinion on Dune, as the movie still represents the series.
It may not be Starship Troopers level of poorly adapted, but yes, it's a pretty poor adaption. That's utterly beside the point, though, as you're trying to cite knowledge of the thematic elements of a book series you've never read based on a movie. Surely you can realize how retarded this is.
>>
What I meant by that is I'd be maybe using elements from both.

Basically humanity in the far future where they once had Clarke tech and then after some big bad event everything went to shit. By the time of the quest there are all kinds of planets with wildly different cultures and alien races encroaching on the old human territories.

I'm going to be a bit more blatant about a lot of the tech using basically magic. And maybe just have magic be a thing, maybe something kinda like Death Among the Stars but more fairy tale like magic.

You get to play a person who could possibly become the God Emperor who attempts to create a new Imperium.

'Cept you start out as an insignificant nothing.
>>
>>1145720
Ah, shit btw this is me on my phone.
>>
>>1146150
This sounds nothing like Dune. Hell, by having aliens you already lose one of Dune's most central themes of introspection on the human race.

But sure, feel free to slap some passing references to God-Emperors and Navigators and Spice and call it a Dunelike, you'll be just as intellectually disingenuous as faggots who call everything "the next Citizen Kane" without understanding that movie's legacy
>>
Eh, chill man. I did say setting and not story so I just feel like that is enough to mention it. I can just say that it's only inspired by 40k if that makes you less butthurt.
>>
HELP!

I have all these dicks in my ass and now I like quests! What should I do?
>>
>>1146321
You're fucked.
>>
>>1146195
And what are you taking from the setting? God-Emperors? I assure your concept is closer to 40K's autistic manchild than Leto II. Navigators? Again, I doubt you know the Dune version at all, especially since the movie got them all wrong. No-ships? Do you even know what a no-ship is or why it's necessary?

What is even remotely Dunelike about your shitty 40K-lite?
>>
>>1146321
Switch to yuri quests. Less dicks in your ass.
>>
Starcaller Quest is up and running.
>>1146416
>>1146416
>>1146416
>>
>>1145853
Please answer this.
>>
>>1146450
Panicky, shortsighted and forgetful. This is mainly because you don't reliably get the same suggesters.
>>
>>1146506
>forgetful
This most of all
Do your goddamn best to take advantage of that
>>
>>1145853
>-create long and elaborate plans
hahano. Nobody listens to the planners.
>>
>>1143583
It's too bad most OC Quests fall off before they get any momentum.
>>
>>1145853
very wimpy pseudo-intellectuals. most refuse to read something out of their familiar comfort zones, or else they'd be reading actual literature instead of this sort of hackneyed tripe (I say as I prepare to run tomorrow).
>>
>>1146762
You should get that shift key checked out before you run.
>>
>>1144036
>>1144208
>>1144246
>>1144303

Antimage Quest starts soon for all those interested!
>>
File: Crusade.jpg (256KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
Crusade.jpg
256KB, 1162x850px
>>1146862
Perfect timing.
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest is back up and running today!

>>1146763
>>
>>1146862
Looking forward to it.
>>
File: antimage.gif (2MB, 640x411px) Image search: [Google]
antimage.gif
2MB, 640x411px
>>1146868
>>1146862
>>1146912

Here it is: >>1146896
>>
> tfw first quest is a bad end
Not sure if this is a good habit to get into.
>>
>>1147479
It depends. Did the players bring it on themselves or do you not know how to write failure properly?
>>
>>1147507
They brought it on themselves. Made a bad call in a combat situation and it got them killed.
>>
>>1147514
One bad call or multiple?
>>
>>1147528
A couple questionable but not necessarily poor decisions which put them in position where they were at high risk but also potentially high reward. Then they made an undeniably bad call, the kind of bad call that it is borderline impossible to survive.
>>
>>1147564
Alright so they didn't survive it. My personal favorite way to respond to this 'astoundingly bad call killed everyone' scenario is to say "surprise! you're now ghosts, the mission continues!"

And then just move on from there.
>>
>>1147564
What quest?
>>
>>1147615
Tankies Quest, very lite Alternate History WW2.
>>
>>1143504
Not to mention half of the QMs that stayed are attention whoring fag-trolls
>>
>>1147928

I didn't know I was half of the QMs remaining on this board.

Sigh.
>>
>>1143321

Anything high magic (DBZ, Exalted and so on). I would not be able to do it right.

> What gender do you prefer to play as and why?

Attack helicopter, obviously.
>>
>>1146506
I think I know which quest you play in.
>>
I think I might be genuinely done with being an asshat. I don't know. I feel like at this point I'm just a parody of myself.

It's time to move on.
>>
Question for the magic instrument quest.
Fuckit, let's call it Symphony Quest.

How would you all go about upgrades fantasy style?

Item gathering/management, Objectives, or alignments?
>>
>>1148379
Will of the Muses

Every so often, one of the minor gods(?) will strike a player with inspiration. In that moment, they must complete the task laid in front of them and please one of these muses in order to achieve greater power.

Sudden surprise side objectives to choose from that each encourages wildly different playstyles
>>
Anyone else miss Civ quests? They kept the place a little more lively.
>>
>>1143336
Because /qst/ is here to kill quests - it's a feature not a bug.
>>
>>1148449
>muh conspiracy
you people are hilarious
>>
>>1148449
it got me into quests desu
>>
>>1148454
No one said conspiracy until you. Besides, one guy isn't a conspiracy.
Doesn't mean it happened with good intentions either.
>>
>>1148473
If they wanted to kill questing they would've just banned them from /tg/ without making an entire new board for us. Overdramatic QMs and players are the only problem since they're the ones who got too salty to accept using /qst/.
>>
>>1148448
Civs aren't Quests, though.
>>
>>1148479
Banning would've had a worse backlash, that's where /qst/ comes in. It's much more logical, assuming any mod knows what happens when you wholesale ban content that is popular with angry nerds. Shifting is one step less than banning, and it works the same way for /tg/'s purposes.

I find the mod's words on the matter untrustworthy not because of drama but because of how they handled the /qst/ inception thread and their replies to anons there, the drama isn't separable from this of course, but it's not the primary reason.

Also, if dramatic QMs and players are the problem then that means questing is genuinely doomed. Aren't those the people running and playing in fun quests? The ones that actually have a sense of dramatic timing, who are putting in effort in how they have fun? Even then, only a small few stated they wouldn't continue on /qst/, two of which have actually since there's no hope of going back. (HQQ, DAtSQ) Diarca of Totemist and (Decu?) were the only others, and that's not a lot of quests.
One's bigger than those in participants still ran here, Banished for one.

There was also the delay period for the trial of the board, in which quests were not required to change if they didn't have to, so people who enjoyed quests where they began needed no reason change until they were forced.
Because of all this, saying QMs and players are the only problem is just flat out wrong. Blaming the fewest of the few for the board's issues is about as jejune a statement anyone can make. Even more than "questing is dead."

Also, I know for sure at least QD did try /qst/, but disliked the pace of the board. Which is a shame, because it did look like it could shape up to be an enjoyable quest.
>>
>>1148479
>>1148487
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Cyberpunk+Detective+Quest
Here it is, it's pretty good IIRC.
>>
>>1145279
Having read this argument regurgitated in akun chat for over 2 hours, I think there's been a denial of context and damning omission of your ridiculous behavior. Even when we agreed that there was an issue there, you would not stop going on about it for two to three hours until everyone was fully frustrated with you, right or no. Now you come here, transplant this bullshit from akun to here without mentioning a peep about how your argument was given. Fuck off trick, you pretentious twat
>>
I've been thinking about starting a WWI Infantry quest but I can't think of a good combat system. How would you decide who gets to shoot first, where will the bullet hit and the different types of rifles and their effect on loading etc. Please halp
>>
Oh neat Archive moe is back up.
>>
>>1148573
Only War has a good combat system for that sort of thing, including effects on hit extremities and accumulated wound damage.

Who shoots first would be a simple DC roll of detection and reaction. Don't do contested rolls for most things; pick a difficulty check and stick with that. Unless you like the added chaos from there being two chances for your plans to be completely fucked in different directions.

So for example say your Austrian notices a Yugo. Make your detection roll off screen; the players don't need to see absolutely everything.

Your detection roll fails by three degrees of failure. So you can just line up the shot and roll for the aim and shit.

Really it depends on the situation. If you both surprise each other then come up with a roll for the players to beat. Maybe the person you ran into is slow and clumsy so they have a DC of 20 out of a roll for d100, plus modifiers if you choose to use them. Only War's a flexible and easy to understand system so you can get difficulty and rolls for practically anything with few questions.

As far as different types of rifles go I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would personally just generalize them into types of guns, and not pay much attention to bullet caliber and muzzle velocity and such unless there's a particularly significant distance. Getting smacked in the center mass with 7.92 mauser or .303 british is going to be a bad day either way, and when the differences are that fine nobody really cares anyways; the important part is that you got shot with a rifle round.

The effect on loading is likewise insignificant as far as how it should effect gameplay. Don't worry about the finer details and just get to what matters. Everybody will have more fun that way, yourself included, and there'll be less insignificant numbers in the way of the story and game.
>>
>>1148448
No. They were shit
>>
>>1146006
>small fantasy elements in it
So long as its not "magic" related then sure.
>>
TrickQM - the chat in Modern Satyr Quest on anonkun is completely refuting every point you made - are you just gonna take that?
>>
File: IMG_3058.jpg (74KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3058.jpg
74KB, 595x842px
> have great OC quest based on christian bible-era stories with major fantasy twists
> too afraid to post because last 3 OC attempts have died thread 1
Life is absolute suffering when the only quests that attract people are established fanfiction settings
>>
>>1148921
Then do a fanfic and then use the playerbase you attained to do an OC.
>>
>>1148927
Eh, too much effort just to start up the quest I actually want to run AFTER an entirely different quest

I miss /tg/
>>
>>1148921
Also consider your quest ideas actually just suck or you were extremely unlucky in your timing since there a decent amount of OC quests that have taken off.

Not fanfic numbers taken off mind you but still solid numbers.
>>
>>1148933
I like this meme that no quests ever failed on /tg/
>>
>>1148947
On /tg/ you didn't see the failed quests since they'd fall off the board quickly due to traffic.

Here it'll stay up a week just when it's created. Hence people are more aware of it and start memeing about how their garbage quest would never have failed if it was on /tg/.
>>
>>1148921
It's a possibility that you're not a very good QM. Like, you could have great premises and stuff, but how you carry a quest is more important than how you start.
>>
>>1148564
>there's been a denial of context and damning omission of your ridiculous behavior

"And of course I had to get ticked off and start shit with the QM, his entire hugbox and generally be an annoying prat for multiple hours"

I mentioned it man
>>
File: 1480388499344.png (41KB, 608x878px) Image search: [Google]
1480388499344.png
41KB, 608x878px
>>1148921
Everyone wants a completely original setting, but it's not very easy to do it right.

Not to mention, how original is it actually going to be? The vast majority of stuff here seems to be fantasy/scifi based in some form or another.

May as well take the low road and get additional advertisement from a recognized brand. Plus having a format in place to work with already is nice.
>>
>>1145235
Are you the anon that said "everyone" was "uncomfortable" about how rapey the smut was?
>>
>>1149043
No I'm sure that's some other guy.

I'm a namefag there just as I am here.

Funny enough, I've never begrudged any of the players who just wanted to vote for fucking the nymph because they either WANT to rape her or don't give a shit about the potential consequences (and figured things were going to turn out fine because its a smut quest) or don't really care. I actually wouldn't care if Modern Satyr WAS a rape quest of the highest order.

Honestly, I was a bit surprised about how much the MC was restrained throughout the previous ten chapters (I had to archive binge)
>>
>>1149019
>complains about a perceived hugbox
>comes here to feel hugboxed
lmao
>>
>>1149056
Actually I wasn't the one who brought it up to bitch.

>>1145058
Started airing Akun drama in /qst/ first and then

>>1145109

Asked me a question man.
>>
>>1149056
trick's actually right this time
>>
>>1148573
Something simple and lethal, maybe Call of Cthulu's combat system, which tends to murder characters in 2-3 shots. Of course it's not perfect, but it's the first one that comes to mind for abrupt, violent death.

Don't use Only War, it leads to very bullet-spongy characters quite quickly and is vastly better suited to a pulp universe like 40k than a historical one.

Of course, you could probably safely run a WW1 infantry quest with only a modicum of actual combat in it. Focus on sitting in you foxhole getting gassed, mortared and bombed, trying to scavenge or find any little luxury to make your time in the trenches more bearable.
>>
>>1149078

You would think that you KEK!

Here's a picture of that "eat all the eggs" copypasta.

Shut the fuck up and fuck your nymph you beta!
>>
>>1149078
He's right in that most votes were to not fuck her, mostly because they refused cues, had fallen into shadowrunning (there was a gun fired) and Akun doesn't grok an MC that isn't Banderas diplomancer easy mode smut tier.

From there to say the QM blamed the players, called them cucks and strawmanning the entire chat he's just being a shit.
>>
File: 1468351055204.png (21KB, 180x204px) Image search: [Google]
1468351055204.png
21KB, 180x204px
Y'all shouldn't care about a dime a dozen smut quest so much.

The players are retards for overthinking a smut quest, the QM is a retard for sperging out over it, Trick is retarded for sperging at the QM, some of you here are retarded for getting salty at Trick, and I am retarded for typing this out.

It's just smut. Who cares?
>>
File: f140277_57_er.jpg (132KB, 708x508px) Image search: [Google]
f140277_57_er.jpg
132KB, 708x508px
Pilot Quest will be running in 1 hour's time.
>>
>>1149117
Fair enough.
>>
>>1149117
>the QM is a retard for sperging out over it
His only comment was that he had never been so frustrated while running. I broke my sleep cycle seeing it happen and all I got was Trick crusading for who knows what.
>>
Starcaller Quest is running. Right now we're being hailed by an alien starship named after a bat.
>>1149126
>>1149126
>>1149126
>>
>>1149101

>blames players in his post

>Its a strawman to say people were blaming the players

And you're right the QM didn't call the players "cucks". He "implied" they were fedora-tipping betas trying to weedle consent out of a girl and was in the frustrated mindset that made him consider bringing Pete out to cuck the players who voted against fucking the nymph in the scenario he created that they refused to participate in.

I know people don't want me harping on the NTR that never happened, but like, c'mon you can't deny the QM's mindset if they're considering that.

I will admit it is wrong to imply that the QM is super anti-cuckoldry since, IIRC, the original Modern Satyr had some "close to cuckoldry" elements.

Its just cuck is the new fedora is the new beta and all these words with slightly different denotations and connotations just sort of blend together, at least from my perspective.

>>1149138

>Bitched about being frustrated
>Bitched about players choosing options he offered them (which is honestly the worst part and what Jackie needs to fix if he wants to improve and not get frustrated again)
>Felt the urge to punish his players with NTR for choosing the options he offered them
>Included a meme "m'lady" option which, I'll admit, in other circumstances would just be a funny little thing but when coupled with the rest of the situation its another passive aggressive outburst
>Specifically wrote the next update to be awkward and unsexy, again, not because he thought it would be funny or wanted to, but because he was mad the players chose "unsexy" options for him (which is why you should cross out any option you don't find sexy if you want to write something sexy)
>Also didn't really take into account the winning option in the next update
>Railroaded the players into smut despite them voting multiple times not to fuck the nymph (personally I don't care much but its true)
>Was so butt frustrated the Nymph/Satyr smut scene was poorly written, took longer to write than usual and wasn't arousing. Which isn't to say this is some evil thing because Jackie is a pretty fast writer, but it does mean he was very put off by what happened

>all I got was Trick crusading for who knows what.

And all I'm getting is that you're here continuing to crusade for your shit. You can't engage me and talk shit and then be like "why is this guy still on about this?"

If you don't want me to talk about this then . . . don't reply?

I mean, I had moved on from this a while ago and yet here you come back to dig up old fucking arguments.
>>
>>1149193
people take their smut fanfiction really seriously
>>
>>1149193
From what I read, I will confirm
>And you're right the QM didn't call the players "cucks"
>Included a meme "m'lady" option
by about the third try, which yes, was pretty funny. It also managed to make give the "fuck nymph" vote the tiny push needed to win, so it MAY have been intentional by the QM.
>took longer to write than usual
Because of previously stated frustration and also chat activity - of which Trick is a major part of.

Everything else is Trick-colored glasses
>>
File: 1471322793136.jpg (323KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1471322793136.jpg
323KB, 2100x1500px
Pilot Quest is running right now!

>>1149248
>>1149248
>>1149248
>>
>he's still pissed off

get a hobby man
>>
>>1149280
>>1149280
>>1149280
Dragonball Quest is up
>>
File: hornedfigure.jpg (93KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
hornedfigure.jpg
93KB, 600x870px
>>1146896

Running in about an hour. Be there or be square!
>>
Do any skirmishfags have tips on running? Things you wish you had known when you started out?
>>
>>1149350
>>1149350
>>1149350

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now up and running.
>>
>>1149304
Running now.
>>
Hey, I'm running the next chapter of Eclipsed Moon Quest on Monday. Tonight though I'm over on anonkun scratching up my misleadingly named Witch's Magical Fetish Quest.
>>
>>1149905
Oh dude congrats on like 3 years of running Eclipsed.
>>
>>1149939
Thanks anon! Maybe by the end of this year I'll get to the end.
>>
>>1149939
>>1149964
Three years? Props
>>
>>1150061
How long have you been writing shitty dragon ball fanfics?
>>
File: rogue cosplay.jpg (110KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
rogue cosplay.jpg
110KB, 600x904px
should a QM let the players vote on the superhero name or should the QM just pick something as per the typical advice I hear about chargen around here?
>>
File: Smokey-and-the-Bandit-II-DI.jpg (461KB, 1330x748px) Image search: [Google]
Smokey-and-the-Bandit-II-DI.jpg
461KB, 1330x748px
>>1149905
Congrats!
>>
Honestly don't care. Why would it matter?
>>
>>1150124
It would influence what kind of smut and shoehorned romance you'll get.
>>
I mostly hope that people have been enjoying Left Beyond.

>>1150102

Vote. Actually, take player suggestions. It can make the whole thing a lot more hilarious~
>>
>>1150102
Yes
>>
>>1150075
Shit, I don't even know. Time flies when you're writing shit that's only mildly better than multiverse.
>>
>>1150477
Atleast 6 years starting from Frank
>>
>>1150501
Really, it's been that long? What have I done with my life?
>>
>>1150533
Mostly you've just written a ridiculous amount of dragon ball fanfics. I don't even want to know how many threads.
>>
>>1150533
Discovered that Harems are shit so you've been learning
>>
>>1150539
I suppose

>>1150536
A few hundred at least
>>
File: 1486750299401.jpg (58KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1486750299401.jpg
58KB, 722x349px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-12-rampage/bEkFiJHa59LBgBJeb

live
Only like 3 days late
>>
>>1148376
>I think I might be genuinely done with being an asshat.

Kek how foolish I was.

>Make the decision to maybe drop the entire shitflinging side of my presence on /qst/.

>That very same day get wrapped up in some big shitposting bonanza

It's like the ending of American History X
>>
>>1150782
>Make the decision to maybe
Kind of an oxymoron desu fampai
>>
>>1148404
Thank man!

Hoping to see if maybe I shoukd include fantasy monsters in this yoo, so we could get a bit monhunt.

It's really just brainstorming for now though
>>
>>1148328

>Anything high magic (DBZ, Exalted and so on). I would not be able to do it right.

What makes you consider these settings difficult?
>>
>>1151237

If I formalize magic, then it's just engineering with a different skin on it, and at that point we might as well use tech.

If I don't, then we have the freeform problem because everyone can pull all sort of bullshit.

LBQ has the player LITERALLY FIGHTING GOD, and the only reason why they can is that God has to stick to the Biblical script. Even then, in order to ensure consistency for my players, I've done more Bible and Talmud reading for this quest that during the year I was a theology major!!!

(I hope that this was appreciated: I know that there's some lurkers but I seem to have 2 or 3 regular players only)
>>
>>1151299

LBQ?
>>
>>1151367

Left beyond quest. Check it out :)
>>
>>1151299

> I know that there's some lurkers but I seem to have 2 or 3 regular players only

If it makes you feel any better, I'm the exact same way.
>>
>>1149309
>It'll take a ton of time
>A TON
>Always run a rules test (possibly with offline friends)
>Try to keep the rules short and clear. Work on the most effective wording
>Try to keep the amount of things you have to track on an enemy to a minimum
>Never run while sleepy. The number of processing errors will be overwhelming
>Don't smart process
>Develop a workflow for processing and organize your workplace
>>
>>1151446
how many turns do you run per [span of time]?
how long does it take to make a battlefield vs how long does it take to simply process a turn on it?
>>
>>1151468
>how many turns do you run per [span of time]?
It depends on the time zones of you and your players. It's completely possible to run at turn a day if your timezones don't intersect. If you can get them all together, you can even run a turn per hour.

>how long does it take to make a battlefield vs how long does it take to simply process a turn on it?
It depends on how fancy your battlefield graphics are, how many players and enemies there are, how fast your rules are, how streamlined is your workflow... It's hard to say in a general case. Processing is usually faster though.
For example, in my latest skirmish I could process around 15 players and enemies in total in 60-90 minutes. The map took about 8-10 hours complete with the enemy graphics and stats
>>
>>1150782
You make me hate reading QTG's

Like a fucking Kardashian, only well known because you're gagging on cocks all day
>>
File: anode vs saetos.jpg (65KB, 444x260px) Image search: [Google]
anode vs saetos.jpg
65KB, 444x260px
>maybe maverick hunter quest today
H Y P E
>>
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-12-rampage/bEkFiJHa59LBgBJeb

Hi, how are ya
>>
Cool scifi thread going on. Check it out if you're into aliens, alien psyches, and down to earth quests
>>1149067
>>
File: 1465374180418.jpg (137KB, 694x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465374180418.jpg
137KB, 694x800px
What's the most bizarre or pathetic excuse your QM has made for not running a quest at their usual time?

And do you think they lied?
>>
File: Shitty spic puns.jpg (19KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
Shitty spic puns.jpg
19KB, 500x367px
>>1151571
I guess you could say he's turning tricks.
>>
>>1152532
>"Having a bad acid trip, walls are melting, pnicing!1"

A long fucking time ago when people ran civ threads on most boards, and I happened to play one on /x/ of all things.

Story was actually pretty fun, it lasted for atleast like 6 hours before he posted something akin to that and was never heard from again.
>>
Starcaller Quest is running right now.
>>1152778
>>1152778
>>1152778
>>
>>1152532
Ac Guys entire life
Yes, I believe
>>
File: F-14 Break.jpg (26KB, 736x498px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 Break.jpg
26KB, 736x498px

>>1149248
>>1149248
>>1149248
>>
>>1152532
Had several, multiple devastating anxiety attacks and exceptionally thin skin. Was told to 'fuck off', and promptly did, leaving the Quest to die.
>>
File: 1456577029953.jpg (530KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456577029953.jpg
530KB, 720x960px
Death Among the Stars 65 is up!

>>1152849
>>1152849
>>
>>1151571
>implying /qtg/ wouldn't be cancer without Trick

You're not looking at the big picture.
>>
>>1150959

Antimage Quest is running now.
>>
>>1141374
Infinite Patchworks is still plodding along. Pull reality or something from abstraction!
>>
>QM Question:
A 'proper' fantasy. Mostly because I feel like it's overplayed.

>Player Question:
Male, but androgynous. Mostly just because that's how I roll and it's fun to imagine myself in the story, etc. On the other hand, I like MC's that fit the tone of the story, so it just depends on the circumstances, I guess. A high-flying space-western adventure with an androgynous character that does odd jobs and gets into occasional trouble and some shenanigans sounds fun to me.
>>
>>1149939
Speaking of long running quests, what other quests are hitting those milestones?
>>
>>1153473
If it's good I might read it
>>
File: Andromeda.jpg (118KB, 540x802px) Image search: [Google]
Andromeda.jpg
118KB, 540x802px
So, in a post that is absolutely in no way related whatsoever to the previous post, I'm brainstorming a setting for a quest at the moment for a sort of mashup between a western themed dieselpunk and cyberpunk kind of adventure story. Character interaction will probably play a dominant role in the quest, since it's kind of my style, but I figure there'd be plenty of of high-flying adventure, probably some bounty and monster hunting stuff, maybe a few heists involved if it goes that direction.

I know that to get a whole lot of feedback I'll have to go ahead and run it, which I do plan on doing, I'm just curious and am hoping to kind of gauge the interest in that kind of quest at the moment. So, does anybody have any thoughts on the idea? Reposted because holy shit my grammar was terrible.
>>
>>1153492
Fair enough. Can't fault that logic.
>>
>>1153426
What does androgyny add to the quest? It seems like that's just your fetish or something.
>>
>>1152532

That Damn Weasel's entire life desu senpai.
>>
>>1153514
Read the post again. He said he's androgynous himself and enjoys self-inserting into trap MCs.
>>
>>1153514

Well, depending on the author it could be used as a way to hit home the fact that the MC is pretty unique compared to his/her peers, or a case of trying to find a sense of self/identity... But most would just use it as an excuse to play as a trap/reverse trap and fuck with NPCs.
>>
>>1153530
So he's let his weird fetish extend into his real life too, what's your point?
>>
>>1153473
I really like this idea. It sounds very original, and I think originality is exactly what /qst/ needs more of.
>>
>>1153514
It's a flavor aspect, a detail. Often times details add little to nothing to a scene other than being fun and making it more colorful. And, even if it is a little bit ridiculous, >>1153530 is pretty much right. It's got nothing to do with anything sexual. I try and keep quests and lewds separate.

Also, >>1153532 is pretty much right as well. It -is- unfortunately something that most people just toss in there because they want to insert fetishes and/or pander to a certain audience.
>>
>>1153548
I appreciate that. Hopefully it lives up to that expectation.
>>
File: hardcore questing.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hardcore questing.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
>want to run sixish quests
>only have time for one

How do you get through this feeling?
>>
>>1153802
Just do one at a time, obviously.
>>
>>1153802
Rotate your days
>>
>>1153862
>>1153975
Could it really be that simple?

Guess I was overthinking it.

Magic Bioslime Slut Quest here I come!
>>
>>1153990
Finally
>>
Sure does suck that multi faction nationgame quest by NationDawnQM has been gone for over two weeks now.
>>
Crusader quest mk2 when?
>>
havent been on this board in many moons crazy to see it is still alve
>>
File: Crusaders throwing shade, 1942.jpg (241KB, 1280x986px) Image search: [Google]
Crusaders throwing shade, 1942.jpg
241KB, 1280x986px
>>1154602
No can do, but how about Crusader II Quest?
>>
>>1152919
Which quest?
>>
>>1153426
You're not as "trappish" as you think you are, faggot.
>>
>>1153499
I don't hear anything specific enough to comment on.

No mechanics, no setting pieces, only the vaguest generalization of theme.
>>
If TrickQM was a character from the Watchmen comic book series, who would he be?
>>
>>1155415
Ozymandias
>>
>>1155415
That guy who cut off his own leg.
>>
when is the good time for questing?
Is it optimal to quest at this time?
>>
>>1155446
I don't remember any running at this time. Why don't you try?
>>
>>1155456
ya sure?
Not much activity...but then again, this is qst
>>
Alright. I'm thinking of submitting a /qst/ team for the next 4chan Cup. What are some things you'd classify as board memes to put on the team?

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, feel free to go ahead and ignore this.
>>
>>1155469
when's the match?
Put some QMs name on some of em like Miniseries, Mary, Germanstheel or something
>>
>>1155472
I haven't actually put in a request for it, yet. This is kind of a trial balloon.

I put Som and Trick on because they're the most controversial QM's

Here's the squad I have so far [ http://pastebin.com/7xMzBkiK ], but I'm looking for better suggestions, or things I wouldn't think of because I didn't read certain quests.
>>
>>1155469
Come back Damp
>>
File: Oh, really.png (195KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
Oh, really.png
195KB, 445x445px
>>1155475
What quest was that from?
>>
>>1155473
Good shit bro.
Add:
>/qst/ was a mistake
>first girl win
>Not another fucking fanfic
>[missing QM]
>unrelated puzzle thread
>DiceGods are fickle
>>
>>1155473
Samefag should be a character
Also
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>1155473
>No meta threads
>>
>>1155478
Most of those are covered by other choices, but firstgirlwinslol, puzzle thread, and Dice Gods are all choice adds, thank you.
>>1155479
And these, too
>>1155485
I'm not sure whether that actually happens enough to warrant a player, but its an option if nothing else comes up.

Here's how it stands:
http://pastebin.com/ztzz7C47

I need 1 more, unless you think something else doesn't deserve a spot.
>>
>>1155487
Just a thing referencing the continued existence of this general despite
> If you do not intend to run a collaborative story, do not post a thread here! This includes meta-threads.
Existing as a sticky.
>>
>>1155487
how bout
>WTF QM!
>Blame anons from other timezone
>>
>>1155488
>>1155485
Alright. What about ">/QTG/>Not a Quest"?
>>
>>1155478
Those aren't memes. The Snappening was a meme, but that shit there ain't.
>>
>>1155490
What do you think those could replace?
>>1155491
Or better, just >Not a Quest, with /qtg/ on their jersey.
>>
>>1155469
What about "Such defiance!"?
>>
>>1155493
that's a good one
>>
>>1155492
Can I get some context on that, so I can see if its a good add?
>>
>>1155492
>>1155496
Oh wait, that was /tg/.
>>
>>1155494
In think that's /TG/ too

>>1155497
Cant believe you didnt add: fetishquest
>>
>>1155497
Well yes? Where else would you find notable events in questing that more than a small handful of people actually remember? Akun?
>>
>>1155490
I think I'll adjust those to be Blame the Quest, and The Decisions of Others, and add them to the preliminary team.

>>1155499
Should I replace Lesbian Smut, or Harem Bait with that?

Team at present: http://pastebin.com/4CkLVWCd
>>
>>1155502
Lesbian smut is good one, albiet most hated one (by some) so replace the harem bait
>>
>>1155473
Don't forget about The Curse
>>
Alright, Now does anybody have any suggestions for our Anthem or goal horns?
>>
>>1155528
What there are ya searchin? Rowdy? classic? Land of the free?
>>
>>1155530
Either some sort of epic adventure score, some Adventure-core metal music, or something meme-y that fits for the board.

Whatever is the best fit.
>>
>>1155534
I gotchu senpai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zklqr1xj32Q
>>
>>1155539
Are you sure you don't want this one instead?
https://youtu.be/wbJLQIDB_e0
>>
>>1155545
We are gonna be best pals with /mlp/ in this case
We aint barneyfags

or
why not this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY
>>
>>1155549
Almost positive that that's /t/'s anthem
>>
>>1155551
Nah thsi is /t/'s
Don't Copy That Floppy (Digital Protector)
>>
>>1155534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE
>>
>>1155554
kek forgot this isn't /tg/ for a second, scratch that recommendation
>>
>>1155554
>Brad neely
You're cool ma man
>>
>>1155556
What about https://youtu.be/Z9J0Nr3jcow ?
>>
>>1155560
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygI-2F8ApUM
>>
>>1155563
Jesus fucking christ
Perfect
>>
>>1155534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6moKWsFzoB8

I fucking got it!

This is it I fucking swear!
>>
>>1155570
you're good at this,mboy. I like it
>>
>>1155563
I think I'll actually make that >[Write-in}'s goal horn
>>1155570
That is the Anthem
>>
And this'll be >QM is Kill's Goal Horn https://youtu.be/1MIODg08kn8

Any ideas on color scheme, Mascot, or logo?
>>
>>1155582
holy shit, we hve to search for each individual goal horn?

also a pan-ty logo.
>>
>>1155586
>pan-ty logo
Literally what?

And no. We have all the horns we need.
>>
>>1155589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

Useful for TrickQM
>>
File: Qst-tan.png (168KB, 480x657px) Image search: [Google]
Qst-tan.png
168KB, 480x657px
>>1155589
The 'hat' he's wearin
>>
>>1155594
or ya can go with the shield,sword and 'hat' combined
>>
>>1155582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIx7yW9FMfw

>>1155598
Fugg accidental repost.
>>
File: Sample qst emblem.png (553KB, 986x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sample qst emblem.png
553KB, 986x1024px
>>1155597
Maybe something like this?
>>
>>1155610
yes
Fuck /tg/, we will take this
>>
File: This is your new home.jpg (485KB, 1343x2000px) Image search: [Google]
This is your new home.jpg
485KB, 1343x2000px
>>1155610
Please, if you MUST engage in this embarrassment, at least do it right and use /qst/s true emblem.
>>
>>1155469
My idea was that our roster would be like /vg/'s, with only a couple of boardwide memes and most of the roster comprising of representatives of specific quests.

Of course, that's just an excuse for me to request Solstrike Saetos to be on the team
>>
>>1155633
>true emblem
Its like the symbol of our exile to this desert called qst
>>
File: Sample qst emblem.png (76KB, 422x746px) Image search: [Google]
Sample qst emblem.png
76KB, 422x746px
>>1155635
I feel like that would give our roster a short shelf-life, because you never know when a quest will die.

Also, here's a less stock photo-y version of the logo that isn't like making Auschwitz the official logo for Jews(>>1155633), but I only have ms paint on my laptop.
>>
>>1155641
And here's the current make-up of the team:
http://pastebin.com/TWUwGrup

I'll check in later to see if there is any more input.
>>
>>1155152
>>1155152

Panzer Commander Quest is running now, and will be live through most of today and the week. Good job, you prevented a catastrophe. There won't be any more ever.
Right?
>>
>>1155668
Perfekt
Cant wait for the match, when is 4chin cup?
>>
>>1155678
The next one that a new team could join would be in the spring. Around May.
>>
File: 2.1.jpg (614KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.jpg
614KB, 890x890px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx
>>
File: Sandwich of Dairy based Despair.jpg (57KB, 952x457px) Image search: [Google]
Sandwich of Dairy based Despair.jpg
57KB, 952x457px
>>1155668
Are you going to include memes from /tg/ quests that either finished or died before /qst/ happened?
Also, I don't know if this is redundant with The Great Waifu War.
>>
>>1155668
Also, having namefags in your roster pretty much makes you a non-team. They might be memetic, they might be iconic, but it speaks poorly of the board if they're part of your roster. It makes people think you can't cough up enough actual memes.
>>
>>1153802
Write down the titles those Quests would have on a list.
>Cross out the ones that aren't fanfiction.
>Cross out the ones that would have a female protagonist.
>Cross out the ones that are from obscure or commonly hated sources.
>Cross out any that some random Anon on /qtg/ wouldn't find interesting; and yes, that's the only information you get because you're supposed to be a mind reader.

If there's one left, run it. If by some chance there's more than one, I dunno just roll some dice or something.
>>
>>1153802
Give us a summary of each of the six.
>>
On all levels except physical, I am a Somnius.

(kills main character)
>>
Thats what you get for rolling like a shit
>>
File: bogdabots.jpg (71KB, 358x766px) Image search: [Google]
bogdabots.jpg
71KB, 358x766px
>>1144680
>>1144691
I once tried to do a quest on anonkun. Everyone loved it but I gave up after a little while because the userbase was just so awful. I don't mind a little fucking around, but when every choice people want to make is "ha ha, let's ALWAYS pick the trolliest possible action" it kind of saps my will. I mean that is a law of the internet, so I don't really blame people as a whole, but it was pretty discouraging. I don't know if that was just anonkun or the way quest communities have gone in general. And this is coming from someone who usually finds that shit hilarious, so I can only imagine how writers with a stick up their ass would feel.
>>
>>1156032
>I don't mind a little fucking around, but when every choice people want to make is "ha ha, let's ALWAYS pick the trolliest possible action"

You ran Banished Quest on Akun?
>>
>>1156035
Nah, my guess is plenty of quests go that way, or die because of that phenomenon depending on how the author feels.
>>
>>1156032
Serious quests are possible on akun, that just means your quest didn't have serious tone or I'm not sure how to call it but once I saw guy tried to run quest with male witch MC and players were insisted that MC is female and they had fun with it (QM obviously didn't).
>>
>>1156056
If you have user choices enabled a few silly fucks can really tilt the mood of the story regardless of the author, though. Admittedly then you can say: "Well, you idiot, why don't you turn off user choices?", but plenty of people would criticize you for doing that. At the end of the day I can say it was a learning experience where I realized my idea of what is enjoyable from a qst was apparently not the same as others, so ymmv.
>>
>>1155473
>no BFQ/Milady FemCOCK
>no YURIFAGS IN BODYBAGS
>no "Futa adds character"
>no "traps aren't gay"
>no "Reinhold failing yet again/The Duel"
>no "Sinking of the great /u/tanic"
I feel old.
>>
File: Hotel Kyle Hm.gif (301KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
Hotel Kyle Hm.gif
301KB, 192x256px
Other than good mysteries, what should a detective quest have?
>>
>>1155668
Switch out Random Puzzle quest for Meme Vulture
>>
>>1156080
An assistant that plays off well of the detective.
>>
File: choices.png (27KB, 804x614px) Image search: [Google]
choices.png
27KB, 804x614px
Okay, here we go, example time. This is an actual series of choices on Anonkun. Most of these are user submitted. The prosecution rests its case.
>>
File: itcanbeinterpretedmultipleways.png (73KB, 800x474px) Image search: [Google]
itcanbeinterpretedmultipleways.png
73KB, 800x474px
>>1155641
>version of the logo that isn't like making Auschwitz the official logo for Jews

If we're going to be overdramatic why contain it
>>
File: F-14 turn.jpg (197KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 turn.jpg
197KB, 2100x1500px
Pilot Quest will be running in 1 hour's time.
>>
>>1156069
Leave the namecalling and bantz to /sp/, m8. Specially considering /u/ is a vastly better team than /qst/ will be for a while.
>>
>>1155477
damp ran a much beloved quest which is usually called Knight Apprentice Quest but is actually named Lessons in Knighthood Quest
>>
>>1155951
Would you want anything more specific than who the player is and what the premise is?
>>
>>1156303
YURIFAGS IN BODYBAGS is a vintage QTG meme.
>>
>>1156397
Even so, you don't want to present yourselves to the 4CC, which is basically 'the rest of 4chan', as cancer.
>>
>>1156281
If your quest is shit, expect a shit playerbase.

I've had maybe one memetastic writein, ever.
>>
>>1156472
That story is shit, but I'm reading one right now that is written very well and is filled with meme writeins. I dunno what to say.
>>
>>1156480
You know, you can say quest names here.
>>
File: F-14 carrier loading.jpg (259KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 carrier loading.jpg
259KB, 960x768px

>>1149248
>>1149248
>>1149248
>>
Antimage Quest is ACTUALLY running tonight.

>>1146896
>>
How many player classes are two many, for a skirmish? At what point does "Plethora of options allowing for a variety of play-styles," become "Jesus Christ what the fuck are any of these?"
>>
>>1156439
But QTG and quests ARE cancer.
>>
>>1156288
I actually like it a lot.
>>
>>1157462
Three minimum, nine maximum.
>>
>>1157462
Skirmishes aren't quests.
>>
>>1126922
guardsmen quest?
Anyone help break the tie?
>>
File: Prospective logo.png (31KB, 209x427px) Image search: [Google]
Prospective logo.png
31KB, 209x427px
>>1158248
>>1156288
Bam. Thanks for the inspiration

http://pastebin.com/6iKstrex
>>
>>1157462
The actual number is irrelevant, the real question is how well defined they are and how easy it is to understand what they do and what differentiates them from the others.
>>
The Raiders returns with a party on the astral plane.

>>1158822
>>
I hate how much my favourite quest slowed down because of the existence of this board. God fucking damn it.
>>
File: qstlogo.png (42KB, 545x672px) Image search: [Google]
qstlogo.png
42KB, 545x672px
>>1158809

I have made an attempt to convert your inspiration into an emblem.

Any feedback would be welcome.
>>
File: EMQ Logo Heavy Metal Nemesis.png (872KB, 1600x867px) Image search: [Google]
EMQ Logo Heavy Metal Nemesis.png
872KB, 1600x867px
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 144 is up and live.

>1159219
>1159219
>1159219
>1159219
>>
>>1159223
Huh, fucked that up...

>>1159219
>>
>>1158809
Some of these players seem redundant. Do we really need players named The Great Waifu War, Firstgirlwinslol, [i]and[/i] Best(Worst) Girl?
>>
File: AngryKevin.jpg (246KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
AngryKevin.jpg
246KB, 800x600px
>>1158809
>namecalling
You do want to be /sp/, do you? A team people root against on principle, instead of for?
>>
What's the worst quest currently running cutie gee?
>>
>>1159286
There's this weird quest called Antisomething and it's terribly paced, unimaginative, and all the characters sound the same, the QM has an inconsistent schedule and there aren't ANY waifus. It's straight up 0/10.
>>
>>1159286
The one you like the most.
>>
>>1159325
But that's my favorite!
>>
If I commission a QM for smut of another quest, and he puts in on his paywalled Patreon, would it be rude of me to put the smut I commissioned on a pastebin so others could view it?
>>
>>1159410
Nope. Fuck him.
>>
>>1159410
you literally own it if you paid him.

It's yours.
>>
Lonely Lights YA quest is starting its second session.
>>
>>1126922
Guardsmen quest is starting up again.
>>
>>1159592
Psion Academy Quest is live.
>>
File: Yugioh Malevolent Nuzzler Solo.jpg (98KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
Yugioh Malevolent Nuzzler Solo.jpg
98KB, 544x544px
Anyone interest in a Yugioh quest that takes place in the monster world?
>>
>>1159612
Yes, those designs are pretty good. Will the party be every Sasuke Samurai except Dark?
>>
>>1159612
Can we fugg the monsters?
>>
>>1159663
Look, I know Sangan's hot, but could you restrain yourself a little bit?
>>
>>1159675
Why restrain it?
>>
>>1159677
He's married to Witch of the Black Forest.
>>
>>1159681
And? Nothing wrong with a threesome.
>>
>>1159684
There's only three of a kind allowed in a deck, so they couldn't have a baby.
>>
>>1159688
Not with that attitude.
>>
File: yugioh_futa.jpg (55KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
yugioh_futa.jpg
55KB, 544x544px
>>1159690
How about a Sanwitch instead?
>>
>>1159695
Why choose?
>>
>>1159704
Because it's YOUR MOVE
>>
Starcaller Quest is live.
>>1159706
>>1159706
>>1159706
>>
>>1159410
you commissioned it

its your's
>>
>>1159323
>Terribly paced
Please elaborate. Is it going too slowly or too quickly?

>Unimaginative
Again, how so? It's entirely OC and has an extensively developed backstory. I have an autistic amount of lore written out for it. Also, it is one of the only successful quests currently in the catalog that is neither anime nor fanfiction.

>All the characters sound the same.
The number of characters who have spoken so far is less than ten. Every character encountered up to this point has been lowborn and uneducated.

>Inconsistent schedule
I'll give you that, but it's under development. Keep in mind that I took one night off and I ran Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.

>Aren't any waifus
Also true, but why should this be essential? The MC's quest does not demand a romance subplot at this time. It's a slow quest focused mostly on character building. I offer write-ins on literally every option. If people want a waifu, I'm not going to stop them from trying to find one.

If you're not shitposting I would like a response. I appreciate any criticism I can get.
>>
>>1159705
And I wanna move inside all their monsterpussies.
>>
File: f.gif (188KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
f.gif
188KB, 500x295px
>>1159736
I'm shitposting with the generic "x quest is bad this is why" beaten dead memes.

If you want a genuine criticism..
Your greentext options are detailed and varied, while I prefer quests that force readers to think through things and never rely on picking what seems obvious. A raw >write-in demand is nice sometimes. But I don't recommend trying that unless you know your players are up to it or they've figured out their place in the world, which usually isn't going to happen in the first sessions. It's not the worst to never have that, but it can be fun.

You don't seem to be suffering from the over explained details bug that so many new QMs get, in which players get so much certainty that they have nothing to discuss, so that's good.
>>
>>1159811
Holy shit I'm retarded, I didn't even realize you were memeing.

I appreciate the genuine criticism though. Thank you.

Yeah, I've been trying to encourage people to try different things whenever they can, but it does seem like there's usually a consensus on what the best option is.
>>
>>1159192
NOICE
>>
>>1159412
>>1159421
>>1159734
Should the work I commissioned continue to be paywalled on his Patreon?
>>
>>1159928
It's nothing to make a stink over. Make the publicly available and people will just go to your source instead of his.
>>
>>1159934
Yeah, asking him to make it publicly available would be too much when I can just do it myself.
>>
Hey folks, Volume 9 of Norseman Saga is up!

>>1160027

>QM question
Most established universes. I don't have the drive to learn enough about them that I wouldn't constantly be fucking up lore. There are one or two I might be willing to read up on well enough, though.

>Player question
I prefer a male MC. I connect with them more, and they cause fewer shitstorms
>>
Hey guys, you wanna read a Valentine's lewdbin today or tomorrow?
>>
File: You know the Quote.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
You know the Quote.png
936KB, 644x644px
>when your players really want to fuck their twin sister
>>
>>1160332
Eh it's the Apocalypse. What's one taboo?
>>
>>1160332
Wasn't incest taboo because it would reintroduce bad recessive traits into the gene pool? Are your twins of bad genes?
>>
At what moment should a QM consider ending a quest prematurely?
>>
>>1160484
When you are getting no enjoyment out of QMing at it's become a pain.

That said at least try to make it a decent ending even though it's premature.
>>
>>1159410
I'll write smut for you for money if thats what your asking
>>
>>1160501
Will you allow me to hold you after the first draft for changes and proofreading?
>>
File: 1486756458887.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486756458887.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
>>1160507
Yes
>>
>>1160512
Already a step-up on my former smut guy, getting him to make changes was like pulling teeth. He said he had shit to do even though I paid him $15 up front and $3 monthly.
>>
>>1160518
Pay me instead
Only thing I can't really do is Yuri but even then I'd probably still do it
>>
>>1160528
Can you describe what's going through a girl's head while she's being used as a masturbatory aid?
>>
>>1160533
Maybe gonna need some details here breh
>>
>>1160563
In general, can you give a sex object feelings instead of focusing on what the guy's feeling?
>>
>>1160567
Sure
>>
>>1151580
>it didn't happen
You know what, Hunter Command? I've had enough. With so little to occupy my time in absence of your quest, I've taken to writing erotic fiction about it.

http://pastebin.com/1abJ89Cx
Happy Valentine's Day, /qst/.

>>1160188
Hey, we had the same idea!
>>
File: DelPiggyback.jpg (101KB, 757x603px) Image search: [Google]
DelPiggyback.jpg
101KB, 757x603px
After a long and unannounced hiatus, Melancholic Quest will be up and running tomorrow
>>
>>1160567
So what, you want the girl to not get off or something?
>>
File: three ape moon.png (556KB, 673x795px) Image search: [Google]
three ape moon.png
556KB, 673x795px
>>1160588
Well, if you're showing a lewdbin, so am I!

http://pastebin.com/YgpJGadb
Tuffle Quest, Maple x Goku, Monkey Business

>>1160651
The opposite, I want the sexual objects in my porn to have feelings.
>>
I want to read something lewd written by Riz for Valentines.
>>
>>1160571
Okay, do you have a Patreon or something?
>>
>>1160705
This is shit.
>>
Alright folks, i am ready to make the 'guy who stranded in another world' one-shot quest with reality touch. Is it a good time to run it?
>>
File: slime.jpg (1MB, 1291x1788px) Image search: [Google]
slime.jpg
1MB, 1291x1788px
>>1160755
I know, but it had to be done.

>>1160773
Make his waifus all low-level monsters.
>>
>>1160776
If they dont eat him first
>>
>>1160782
Make sure he shouts "DISAPPOINTED!" when he realizes that this isn't his world.
>>
>>1160782
I wonder if the Hero will realize that he can make loads more munny raiding humans and caravans than finding chump change on monsters?
>>
>>1160792
Actually you can do anything, be it killing or raiding but of course there will be consequences
>>
>>1160800
So higher level humans to loot?
>>
>>1160847
>>1160847

Fuck it
Here it is.

>>1160834
Maybe
>>
File: 004.png (439KB, 861x1300px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
439KB, 861x1300px
>>1160745
Nah that'd be gay

Anyway here's some samples of shit I've written the first is a non-canon scene for my quest I wrote to celebrate 100 upboats. The second is me practicing and shilling myself for money.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11LB34iZkeWzqxKpA8p2glyW8ZInGOXMvTF6ZYpPBCOY/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18LgryT8IdY3xhlqugwOZ_G-hv24BMoV4dfRRVX1mZQ0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: Double Faggot.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Double Faggot.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>When the QM shills his patreon.
>>
File: crying feelguy.jpg (9KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
crying feelguy.jpg
9KB, 216x233px
>When the QM won't let you name the MC Adolf Hitler
>>
File: stop.jpg (52KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
52KB, 600x449px
>>1160992
>when trick posts anything
>>
File: 1486859349620.jpg (25KB, 450x550px) Image search: [Google]
1486859349620.jpg
25KB, 450x550px
>When the QM makes references to shit that you don't understand

>When the QM writes every character outside of the MC as an unlikable cunt

>When the QM tries to push a character into the spotlight/play up the strengths of someone that no one cares about
>>
>>1160601
Yes!
>>
File: Pepe Huh.jpg (17KB, 603x960px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Huh.jpg
17KB, 603x960px
>When QM obliviously railroads the players into "choosing" the "correct" option
>>
File: Kid_krillin_peace.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kid_krillin_peace.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
Anyone got some criticisms for Boruto Quest?

Things are going to be finishing up for part 1 soon so I'd like to make it as good as I can.
>>
>>1161132
More hetero
>>
>>1161132
Its fine minmin. Just give other character chances to interact and fight with takeshi because some player will always choose shikadai or sarada
>>
>>1161134
it's been purely hetero so far

>>1161142
Yes this is true, I'll keep this in mind next threads.

You should visit Sarada soon though if you can, lot to gain from it this time around.
>>
>>1161132
It's Naruto fanfic.
>>
>TFW the only Waifu is a 40-something pro-wrestler that wants to fight us for reals and the only Husbando is a red-pilled, sociopathic Billionaire that goes masked vigilante on people's asses for fun.

>MFW I have none
>>
>>1161150
>>TFW the only Waifu is a 40-something pro-wrestler that wants to fight us for reals and the only Husbando is a red-pilled, sociopathic Billionaire that goes masked vigilante on people's asses for fun.

I want to read this quest
>>
>>1161148
It's my effort to make Naruto not totally shitty, since the initial concept was good but the execution horrid.

I think I do alright in keeping it faithful to the original series, while focusing much more on character interaction than say, load after load of nonsensical exposition.
>>
File: gmantle-artwork.jpg (39KB, 300x582px) Image search: [Google]
gmantle-artwork.jpg
39KB, 300x582px
>>1161153

Look up "The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn" on sup/tg/.

The wrassler chick doesn't show up for a while and the Billionaire is only implied to put on a mask and look like pic related at this point, but...
>>
>>1161154
>It's not just a fanfic, it's a fixfic
kys
>>
>>1161167
I never said it wasn't a fanfic tho

Just that naruto is an absurdly low bar to surpass
>>
>>1161184
And yet you've failed to do so.
>>
File: 1484860135363.png (1MB, 826x1168px) Image search: [Google]
1484860135363.png
1MB, 826x1168px
Why are Pokemon quests so popular?
>>
>>1161276
When they run, I just gotta catch 'em all!
>>
>>1161276
people like pokemon

also autism magnet
>>
>>1161237
Care to quantify why?
>>
>>1161292
You can't write for shit.
>>
>>1161305
How do you think I could improve senpai?

>inb4 neck yourself or some similar joke

Look, I'm all for laughs, but at least put some effort into it.
>>
>>1161306
Neck yourself.
>>
File: 1485970766789.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1485970766789.gif
897KB, 800x430px
>>1161308
How will I ever recover?
>>
>>1161310
Could try necking yourself.
>>
>>1161311
But that means I wouldn't get to talk to you anymore :(
>>
>>1161292
> Care to quantify why?
How would he express why your quest is bad (if it is, I haven't read it) as a measure of quantity? Perhaps you'd have more success following this line of questioning if you asked him to qualify his statement, but that kind of error doesn't bode well for your writing skills.
>>
>>1161313
I'll neck myself right afterwards, trust me, just do it.
>>
>>1161317
Yeah that doesn't really make sense, I more so meant put it into measurable terms.

>It's shit

Is like, your opinion man. It's shit because X is actually helpful.
>>
>>1161319
What if we both tied ourselves to the same rope and jumped off a building onto the power lines? We could do a high five together when we meet in the middle.

It'd be awesome
>>
>>1161320
I told you, it's shit because you can't write for shit.
>>
>>1161324
Yeah but what about it is shit? You're not really understanding what I mean, I think.
>>
>>1161323
Nah I've got some things to do first. Just kill yourself now and I'll get around to it a little later.
>>
>>1161328
Don't lie anon, you don't have anything to do.
>>
>>1161326
Your writing, I said. It's shit. You can't write.
>>
>>1161331
But why?
>>
>>1161330
Yeah I've got a few things. Just do it already.
>>
>>1161333
What are you doing later? Gonna get something to eat maybe?
>>
>>1161332
Because you're shit.
>>
>>1161335
Nah I'll be killing myself later, but I've got some things to do now.
Don't worry about it, go ahead and kill yourself.
>>
>>1161335
Mini, stop messing with around mate. So tomorrow is the quest ya?
>>
File: Come On Now.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
Come On Now.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
>When the anime fanfic QM acts exactly as you imagine an anime fanfic QM would act
>>
>>1161338
Look step the fuck off you dumb cunt, this is a private conversation.
You can suck his dick later.
>>
>>1161338
But I love wasting people's time

Tomorrow as in Wednesday, yes.

>>1161339
At least I'm not you
>>
>>1161343
>At least I'm not you

By god you're fucking trying to be me
>>
>>1161343
Shut the fuck up. Trick is an incredible QM and an overall fantastic person.

Also, he's never run Naruto fixfic.
>>
File: 1475023103814.jpg (130KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475023103814.jpg
130KB, 640x640px
>>1161347
No one really believes this do they?

I mean I've never read anything he's wrote but he sure spends a lot of time shitposting
>>
>>1161349
Shut the fuck up you dumb cunt. Don't you dare respond to one of my posts ever again.
>>
>>1161357
Don't talk to me or my QM ever again!
>>
>>1161361
Stop posting. I'm good friends with RapeApe and if you don't listen to me he'll ban your computer from 4chan.
>>
>>1161332
Having just given a the first 3 or 4 non-OP post from the currently live thread a once over, I'm gonna be honest, if the rest of the quest is written like this, shitposter-kun might actually have a point. Not that that's a problem perse, most QMs are somewhere between solidly alright and barely literate at writing, and expecting more in an improvisational, time pressured medium like this is a little misguided, though pleasant when it does occur.

Anyway, you tell way too much instead of showing, your scenes feel flat and lifeless, with events snapping past far too quickly to grant them any kind of weight, emotional, comedic or otherwise. Your descriptions of characters and enviroments are god awful, see:

> "You don't recall seeing Kameyo, but you're positive she was present during the Chunin exams. She's tall, with dirty blonde hair. She's got a spear on her back, and holds up a handsign."

That's terrible mate, try working it into the action more organically in the future. It doesn't have to be perfect or a masterpiece, but just try to improve these aspects of your writing as they're pretty easy to get better at.

Now your dialog's pretty bad too, with people seeming to just say exactly what they mean and every line having basically the same format of:

> [Characters physical action/tone of voice] "[Line of dialog]".

This makes everyone sound the same and makes dialog monotonous and mechanical, try having those physical action descriptions at different points in the dialog line for starters, especially for ones that don't take place at the start of what they're saying, and just try to make characters 'sound' a bit more unique. This is harder to improve than other parts of your writing, doubly so when you're on the clock writing a quest, but I'd still encourage you to push yourself. Again, you don't have to be churning out literature classics, almost all QMs are bad at dialog, I'll be the first to admit my own dialog writing is pretty bland and flat, but that doesn't mean you should be content to suck at it.

There's a few other things to get into, but yeah, your writing isn't very good on a technical level and it negatively impacted my ability to enjoy reading your quest. YMMV
>>
>>1160588
what the FUCK, anon
>>
>>1161379
Its pretty funny actually
>>
File: f51.jpg (28KB, 680x357px) Image search: [Google]
f51.jpg
28KB, 680x357px
>>1161367
Please, you think you have powerful friends...

>>1161375
Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

I must admit, I have had to cut things down to a very bare bones style. When it comes to describing environments, unless it's a new place, I'll often just neglect mentioning anything minus a small detail that could have changed since you've last been there.

As for that Kameyo line, you're certainly right. The order of events was completely out of place. Should have had her appear and strike the handsign, and then the stone technique happen.

As for the dialogue, it really depends on what character I'm writing I think. For Kameyo, I've got like, zero personality worked in. Sub zero. I wanted to give the impression of someone who's serious and direct to counter act her two squadmates, who are shy and flamboyant respectively.

I see you're not familiar with the quest, but one of the big mistakes that I've somewhat been lamenting was the introduction of a massive amount of characters roughly 20 threads in. The dialogue for characters who appear often and are more mainstays tends to be filled with more personality, in terms of both how they speak and the things they have to say as people.

Dialogue has actually been a large concern for me since starting the quest. Kichiro, a boy who's a part of the MC's squad, uses a lot of slang and whatnot to get his points across.

You can probably tell I'm trying to churn it out as quick as I can, when it comes primarily to transitional stuff. It'd have been possible to keep the player in the Stone village, and discuss some things in greater detail with these characters. But the issue is that I generally only run for about 5-6 hours, and it takes me roughly 30 minutes minimum to get a post out, including a 15 minute wait period to allow people to vote.

I really hate cutting down on things this much, but it's necessary.

I'm constantly trying to keep things pushing forward. There's already been say, a dozen or more threads dedicated purely to social interaction.

This combination of traits lends to more or less all character interaction being purpose based. The main character is somewhat of a nutjob, being totally focused on his work and nothing else. I sort of wanted to highlight how a lot of the kids, don't really act like kids in any respect. At least not the ones prominently featured.

I don't expect you to read 60 threads of material, but as I've gone on more and more, I realize that if I ever want to finish this thing I'm gonna have to cut out massive amounts of material.

For example, the mission that had just been finished in that thread, was supposed to be an entire arc. Let me get you something else of mine that's better overall I think.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1079064/

I think this thread is considerably better as an example. BQuest has issues that can't be fixed without sacrificing the whole damn thing. Lesson learned, I intend to bounce back in Part 2.
>>
>>1161184
"Fixfiction" is a subgenre of fanfiction that sets out to """fix""" the source material in a putrid little journey of self-indulgence, self-righteousness, and quite often self-insertion
>>
>>1161404
I guess fix isn't the right word then.

I'm taking the things I liked about it and focusing on those. Child soldiers with neat powers in a weird mythical japan land, with some geopolitical nonsense thrown in. Instead of page after page after page of exposition dumps and filler.
>>
>>1161132
You're asking QTG instead of asking your players. That's pretty dumb. Ask the people who actually care about your quest instead. And if you can't get your anons to criticize you, well then it's pretty obvious what you should be working on improving.

>>1161276
Because the series has a strong track record of creating high-quality waifus.It's been more than 15 years since the last time I played pokemon and I'm still tempted to open pokemon threads on account of the waifus alone.
>>
>>1161497
My anons always say everything's going great

Dunno how that equates to needing to improve. Besides, people actively say that these threads are good places to ask for criticism.

Which is it?
>>
>>1161557
The issue is if we don't read your quest we can't give criticism. Your players are the best ones to do so, but it seems like yours are lazy, scared to step on toes, or don't really think about flaws and are just happy to have a fanfic of their favorite anime.

You gotta find that one player that follows your quest with some dedication but also isn't afraid to call you out on shit (in a good critique way, not autistic bitching.)
>>
>>1161570
True. I offered a single thread that's more complete, so I'd advise reading that if just anyone wanted to give some criticism without having to read 59 other threads first.

I suppose I'll keep asking my players. Since they've all read up to that point they know I've really been trying to cut down on excessive stuff, since at one point things were very bloated and slowed to a crawl. It sort of put me off wanting to write the quest for a bit. At the moment, everyone seems to agree I've struck a good balance of progress and content. Unfortunately, primarily transitional scenes and some conversation is going to be bone dry.

In general terms, what do you guys think about wanting to keep the plot moving forward vs exploring each avenue as fully as you can? Ideas for striking a better balance?

Also you guys REALLY hate anime don't you? Not saying it's high art or anything but do you really think your bog standard OC stuff is any better? It's just a weird thing to be snooty about is all.
>>
>>1161578
>
In general terms, what do you guys think about wanting to keep the plot moving forward vs exploring each avenue as fully as you can? Ideas for striking a better balance?

Keep moving. Pacing is important in quests due to your limited time. Allow players the ability to choose to go down what avenue they wish but if they miss one, it's gone. Obviously you can take breaks and have a thread that puts the plot on hold while you characterize and have the characters take a breather, but only occasionally.

>Also you guys REALLY hate anime don't you? Not saying it's high art or anything but do you really think your bog standard OC stuff is any better? It's just a weird thing to be snooty about is all.

A good chunk of the animosity comes from the low effort you have to put in by using an established setting. And it's not just anime, it's any fanfic. An OC quest has to worldbuild, characterize, and develop everything from scratch. A fanfic comes with most of that already done, though it depends how far removed you are from the main canon. You also get more players immediately due to attraction to the source material where as OC quests have to attract only on their own merits, not someone else's.
>>
>>1161589
That's about what I try to do. Truthfully, there's always tons of stuff that's missed, it's led to the player character being pretty well developed, I like it.

What's a good OC quest? Because doing all that plus running just sounds like a pain. I do want to do it at some point, but my idea is that it's better to get a feel for stuff first.

Besides, I have more or less opted to completely ignore everything about the canon of my quest. Changed a lot of stuff. Don't try to involve characters from the original series too much. In fact, I've barely even looked at the source material for the new Boruto stuff.

Why are you harboring animosity for stuff that's not completely original when A. That's the majority of this board, B. This board isn't that active in the first place. Should encourage people to run stuff that's fairly well known first.

I get that there's merit to doing something on your own, but that means there's that much more room to make mistakes as well.
>>
>>1161578
>In general terms, what do you guys think about wanting to keep the plot moving forward vs exploring each avenue as fully as you can? Ideas for striking a better balance?

I'd say to do what you feel you're best at. One of my favorite book series often completely stops the narrative to tell some piece of relevant lore, which I wouldn't recommend for people to do in their own writing but is something that admittedly I enjoy.

The way I would recommend it (from a place of being an extraordinarily poor writer, but I digress), just in general, is to keep the plot moving forward and only develop what's immediately relevant, and imply the rest.

>Also you guys REALLY hate anime don't you? Not saying it's high art or anything but do you really think your bog standard OC stuff is any better? It's just a weird thing to be snooty about is all.

I don't feel particularly strongly either way, but you have to understand what people's issues with fanfiction are. I disagree that OC is always better than fanfiction since I think that sort of shit depends on the writer and not the setting, but you can't deny that people are much, much more easily hooked by settings they're already familiar with.

And that easy familiarity is easy to spite when you have to hook people without it. Some feel unnecessarily strongly about it, sure, but it's hardly something that is "weird to be snooty about."
>>
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 144 resumes

>>1161597
>>1161597
>>1161597

Voting window while I pickup lunch.
>>
>>1161592
>Why are you harboring animosity for stuff that's not completely original
Maybe animosity was the wrong word. And *I* don't really care one way or another. I can just acknowledge how much easier it is to write a fanfic compared to OC.

And like you mentioned there are degrees of fanfic depending on how far removed you are from main canon. A DBZ fanfic where you are a generic self insert hanging out with Goku throughout the event of the normal canon is the worst. A Gundam fanfic where you are soldier fighting his own battles in his own personal story and has nothing to do with Amuro or anyone from the original story is better.

>What's a good OC quest?
Try Sleeping Gods. It's finished (actually ended, not dropped) so you can read start to finish.

For good ones that got dropped:
Hellborn
Banished
Hive Queen
Holy Sword
>>
>>1161602
>Hive Queen
Whoops that one didn't get dropped. Just on hiatus
>>
>>1161594
Yeah, it's much harder to sell something totally original. Doesn't give an excuse for people to blatantly shit on others though, especially when this board is slow in the first place. I mean, I don't particularly like the way Somnius writes, but it's undeniable his threads are active and he's got players. He's doing something right.

As for keeping what's current involved and implying the rest, I think that's a bit more difficult to do when you're playing a longer game. For example, the single line of dialogue someone previously critiqued actually has good reasoning behind it (not that the line itself wasn't bad, it was poorly written) but total context of a story is sort of what makes it in a quest.

It's not like a normal story where you go, start, build up, build up, build up, climax, cool down, end.

It's more like start, build up, climax, end, and repeat until a true climax. Even if your quest isn't say, based off a manga like mine, it's very similar to a serial comic in that way. So there's short term foreshadowing going on, where we're very quickly moving from event to event, but these smaller events are simply pieces in a much larger total picture.

>>1161602
I'll check out Sleeping Gods. It's almost opposite for me though, if there's not good base structure to work with I find people just can't get the ball rolling in an interesting, consistent way. It's almost built to fail in the long run.
>>
File: Best girl does her best.gif (2MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl does her best.gif
2MB, 420x236px
>>1161557
>>1161578

>Besides, people actively say that these threads are good places to ask for criticism.

They're not. Some people want to try to turn QTG into a place where lazy QMs can cry "review me!" and receive free criticism, but it'll never be that. Spending a huge chunk of time reading something you're not particularly interested in and then even more time writing out structured and objective criticism of what you read, and doing all that for free, is just not very appealing. I've given out such criticism three times in total and I am DONE with that.

Now, what I could imagine QTG actually being capable of, is discussing general QMing-related topics. For instance, instead of "please read my quest and then tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to improve that" you would first analyze your own work, evaluate with your followers, and determine what your weak points are, and THEN ask in QTG "how do you guys make your transitional scenes / scene descriptions / dialog / whatever else more lively / engaging / fluid / whatever else?" That, I would be far more willing to discuss with you and as a bonus, EVERYBODY could benefit from the discussion. It would require you to do a lot more work however, so only God knows if that'll ever become standard practice.

>Dunno how that equates to needing to improve
My implication is that there's an issue between you and your players if they're too afraid to give you any real criticism. What the exact issue is, I couldn't tell you without knowing your community, but the issue probably exists.

>Also you guys REALLY hate anime don't you?
Absolutely not. Just fanfic. I don't hate ALL fanfic either, but fanfic of the lowest hanging fruits certainly puts me off. For me though, a quest that doesn't have its own developed setting for me to discover is only half a quest. And a quest filled with players emitting deafening cries of autism every time something about a fanfic setting isn't exactly the way they interpreted it, or going "we need to do X because in season 3 episode 11 Y happens and we must be ready", or any of the other horrible behavior I've experienced in fanfic quests, well those are all things I can do without.

That said, I certainly do understand the appeal of fanfic quests and have in the past been quite tempted to run one of my own in settings that hold a special place in my heart. Gif absolutely related.
>>
File: 1485727391942.png (573KB, 450x626px) Image search: [Google]
1485727391942.png
573KB, 450x626px
Magical girls are infinitely worse than Fanfic
Isekai is reigning trashcan champion
>>
>>1161618
Your implication doesn't really make a lot of sense.

I'm not saying my work is perfect, but, to say that there's a lack of criticism when I've got a fair number of players = there's a problem like they're scared of me or something is confusing.

Also, again, I'm not asking anyone to read my entire quest. I've directed you to a much shorter piece of writing that's only a single thread that'd be good.

If this isn't the place to ask for criticism where is? The fuck are you people gonna talk about all day?

And I did follow up on the criticism that was offered. Made it more about general concepts like pacing, striking a balance, ect.

There's no doubt there ARE some shitty people who just want free advice and to not do the work. But I think I've responded in pretty fair ways.

Everyone seems to be making a lot of totally baseless assumptions is my point. Like most of my setting is a TOTAL divergence in many ways (without being a different beast altogether)

At this point, everyone's done me a big service in responding to my queries and being helpful, and I appreciate it, but initially I'm still waiting on some responses for a follow up when I've done everything you've asked. Now, there's no obligation for you to do this

But don't tell me to do what I'm already doing

>>1161627
now this is the unabashed truth
>>
>>1161627
HAHAHA! My quest is both magical girls AND fanfic, I declare myself Lord of all things Trash!

I have known this...I have known this well.
>>
>>1161633
What is it you want exactly? Beyond >>1161375 we can't really give you any more critique for a single thread.

And I'm not going to read your quest just give critique looking at it as a whole and that's the only way you're going to get the critique you want regarding pacing, characters, plot, etc.
>>
>>1161643
Well someone could follow up on my response to that.

I linked a suptg thread of a single thread that's fairly self contained and short, if someone just wanted to give a general critique. I noted that a single out of context thread 60 probably isn't going to be good in any quest. At this point I'm actually satisfied entirely, got some good insight which I appreciate.

I just don't understand why everyone was acting like a cunt initially. Especially when I immediately corrected myself and followed up with clarification. Note that no one has responded to that.
>>
I think the biggest issue with a lot of quests is that the players actually have very little influence in the course of the quest as a whole. In Naruto quests for example, players can decide how they train the MC and how they approach certain missions but in the end they're just completing the missions the QM either makes up or just copies directly from the show and then returning to their village. I think quests that let the players and the QM collaboratively chart their own path in an interesting setting is the most enjoyable form of questing, like in "sandbox" quests. On the other hand sandbox quests can often seem directionless or too light on actual significant plot so there's an ideal balance of QM control and player freedom that's really hard to maintain and demands a lot more from both the QM and the players.

Basically it's the difference between painting by numbers and making an entirely new piece of art.
Yes I know how pretentious that sounds
>>
>>1161658
I think it really, really depends on the setting. It's just a different type of quest really.

I mean, I can't deny I am somewhat railroading things and guiding the player's hips towards a certain direction. Now, mind you, at any moment they have the freedom to do a 180 on me, but you're right in that it's all headed towards an eventual goal.

It's less that one is better than the other and more that there's upsides and downsides. Like when I ran DMC Quest on /tg/, it was sort of more free form, but I realized I'd be running the thing forever with no end.

It's really up to what you like in that regard. Personally, I wouldn't like something that's (to me) a lot of meandering about without really getting anywhere. Plus you're always going to have different players, so relying on them to have agency means that sometimes, your thread is just not going to happen.

In mine all I need is say, three voters to make things work.
>>
File: 1439391639732.jpg (480KB, 2290x3424px) Image search: [Google]
1439391639732.jpg
480KB, 2290x3424px
>>1161633
>If this isn't the place to ask for criticism where is? The fuck are you people gonna talk about all day?

Ideally, you ask your players what they like and what they don't like, as well as passively observing their chatter to gauge their opinions, and you ask yourself what you like and don't like. It's not particularly difficult to determine on your own what your strong sides and weak sides are. When you know that, you can ask the much simpler question of how others handle those things, or asking for tips on how to handle those things, or contacting a QM you follow who you think does a good job at what you're trying to improve at yourself.

Again, first do the work of determining what needs improving yourself, and THEN ask the general question of how others handle the thing you're trying to improve. That question is inviting to everybody and doesn't require them to do anything more than tell you what they already know AND everybody benefits from the discussion.

As for what QTG would do? In an ideal world, it would discuss general aspects of questing rather discussing individual quests. More realistically, it would probably shitpost 99% of the time, but at least I can dream of a day where the remaining 1% is productive discussion of general questing topics.

>>1161649
>I just don't understand why everyone was acting like a cunt initially
Understand that any time you interact with others in any setting, that interaction will be dominated by history. And in the case of QTG, that history is bitter. QTG on /qst/ has a long tradition of incompetent and lazy QMs expecting others to do their work for them and give them a perfect guide to becoming the perfect QM. You asking for someone to critique your thread will be painted by that history, regardless of what YOUR history is. That's unfair, sure, but prejudice is unavoidable so all you can do is understand how it affects you and work around that.

This is why you're better off asking GENERAL questions, without your trip on. That would strongly improve your chances that your question won't be painted by conflicts such as OC vs Fanfic, or being tainted by the past actions of others. Your question also won't be tainted by what anyone else thinks about you or your quest. It might still be completely ignored because some important shitposting is happening at the time, but at least you've improved your chances.

I do understand it's unreasonable of me to ask you to be better than the rest of the filth that covers this board, but at least take comfort in knowing that I ask this of everybody. It's just you in particular I'm talking to right now. So either ignore me or rise to the challenge.
>>
File: feelscrazyman.jpg (77KB, 748x494px) Image search: [Google]
feelscrazyman.jpg
77KB, 748x494px
>>1161670
I don't think that'd work at all. If you can't talk about specific ideas and quests without getting butthurt about it for no reason, then you shouldn't be giving critique.

Speaking about general ideas really offers only so much help. Like that anon who responded to me actually did point out some good things in general I should work on, but players aren't going to do that.

>the filth that covers the rest of this board

If anything this attitude is why /qst/ is shit. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen dude. I like to think we can have a reasonable conversation about things, but apparently it's too much to ask for people to control their feelings. I feel like you've formed a lot of ideas of what's good and what's bad, but what do you have to back that up?

A lot of the ideas people seem to really dislike are, well, the most popular ones. I don't need general advice. My quest is doing fine. I wanted to see if someone could offer any specific examples for improvement.

I didn't know people were so gatdamn sensitive about their very serious fanfiction. At least through being somewhat inflammatory, I've managed to get some helpful responses.

It's better than just pissing about all day arguing about rape in a smut quest like the last general. Let people argue! It's good! It's how progress gets made and concrete ideas about what works and what doesn't gets formulated.

A lot of the advice you're giving me can simply be reduced to "git gud"

There's no doubt that git gud is in fact the proper response in many cases, but it seems to me you people are settling into a nice and comfy hivemind about what you like and don't like, without many dissenting opinions.
>>
>>1161690

>Ideally, you ask your players what they like and what they don't like, as well as passively observing their chatter to gauge their opinions, and you ask yourself what you like and don't like. It's not particularly difficult to determine on your own what your strong sides and weak sides are. When you know that, you can ask the much simpler question of how others handle those things, or asking for tips on how to handle those things, or contacting a QM you follow who you think does a good job at what you're trying to improve at yourself.

Again, first do the work of determining what needs improving yourself, and THEN ask the general question of how others handle the thing you're trying to improve. That question is inviting to everybody and doesn't require them to do anything more than tell you what they already know AND everybody benefits from the discussion.

I did all these things though faggot. I made (the apparently very huge mistake) of assuming that at least someone here read my quest. And you know what? One person did, and look what they told me

>>1161338

All I'm saying is there's no real reason to be sour. Stop getting triggered so easily. I'm not gonna tip toe around the weird things that seem to upset you.

"Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/."

It doesn't have to be majority shitposting. There is no need to be upset.

At this point it's little more than a disagreement though, so I'll digress. Sorry for interrupting the really important shitposting.
>>
>>1161154
I've read most of your quest in the archives and I've hardly seen any meaningful character interaction at all. The MC's personality is as bland as possible too. The only redeeming quality is that you're decent at writing action scenes.
>>
>>1161695

You're not wrong at all. I'm playing a long game here, where in part 1 I build him up as a very generic hero, but then in part 2 it'll get deconstructed and broken down, and all the very concrete ideas he has about the world he has gets challenged.

Right now most of what the character interaction is, is just bullshitting around. (I hate writing as much as some people hate reading it, trust me) but it's important in the long term. Thanks for reading though, when part 2 comes around I promise there'll be more interesting ideas. I've hinted at this very lightly in people discussing the state of the world declining in general.
>>
File: troupe1.png (1MB, 2048x1092px) Image search: [Google]
troupe1.png
1MB, 2048x1092px
Would you play a Hunter X Hunter fanfiction quest from the perspective of a character that has nothing to do with the primary cast?
>>
>>1161690
>then you shouldn't be giving critique.

My entire point is that nobody should be giving critique here, so yeah. I'm not telling you to not ask for advice, I'm telling you to ask general questions in the quest general (makes sense, right?) and to leave questions about your specific quest in your specific quest thread (also makes sense, don't you think?). This means creating discussions that are actually useful for everybody, instead of creating a discussion that is only useful to yourself and quite likely is only possible to participate in for those already reading your quest or somehow willing to put in a lot of time just to help you out of the kindness of their hearts.

>>1161693
>I did all these things though faggot. I made (the apparently very huge mistake) of assuming that at least someone here read my quest.

Ask a question. An actual, general question about questing that is applicable, but not exclusive, to your quest and I will gladly weigh in with my opinion and any advice I might have on the matter. Seriously, I'd be overjoyed to see such a thing here. Look, I'll even give you a few examples of what those kind of questions could look like!

>"What do you guys do to give your various NPCs distinct and recognizable voices? I find I have trouble with this myself, and what I usually do is X. Do any of you have any advice on how to do this well?"
>"How do you guys determine when it's time to move the plot forward and when it's time to let the players pursue side goals? I'm concerned about my plot stalling but at the same time I don't want my players to feel strangled. What do you think is a good balance between plot and side stories?"
>"I have a lot of trouble with making my scene descriptions both detailed but also organic/not boring. Do any of you know any useful writing tips I can try out to improve my descriptions?"

See what I mean? Any one of those questions could be exactly what you need, but they invite everybody to share their opinion and they're beneficial to everybody too. Come on, try it and I promise to play nice with you!
>>
>>1161713
I more or less asked your second example, got some good answers.

You're not seeming to understand that I've already gotten everything I asked for: Just saying you don't need to be a cunt about it because you got triggered. Maybe more people would be willing to follow your advice. Not everyone has the same level of bullshit tolerance.

You're not great at communicating m8, and this is a social endeavor. Even now you're being passive aggressive for no reason.
>>
>>1161702
As a troupe? Hell no

Also how autistic are you? Seriously if you want it to be any good you have to be extremely autistic for it
>>
>>1161154
>since the initial concept was good but the execution horrid.
I dunno man. "Ninja wearing bright orange who is loud and extremely unstealthy"?

As an initial concept, I don't know if that can really be taken for a serious plot, though I haven't read your quest.
>>
>>1161578
>Also you guys REALLY hate anime don't you?
No, just self-righteous fags like you who are out to """fix""" anime.
>>
>>1161855
Fixfiction is 100% better than """""""""""OC""""""""""".

Original content is just a meme.
>>
>>1161856
Spicy
>>
Mageknight has gotten huge. Three fucking active threads for it.
>>
>>1161627
What about
>magical girl fanfic isekai genderbender quest
We'll even take it one level deeper and make it an isekai of a previous quest, which brings us to
>Isekai Breaker Quest
Best idea or BEST idea?
>>
>>1161863
I only see 2 active. And I wouldn't really call it huge if it's just the same QM making a spin off thread.
>>
>>1161826
Naruto was more about a mythical japan land of child soldiers.

It's great and interesting up until the Chunin Exams (to read at least, the fucking anime is about half filler each episode)

>>1161855
Make Anime Great Again
>>
>>1161877
There's a main thread (Madrid), a sister school lead by a veteran player to ease the work load (Amsterdam) and a player-run grimdark sidequest (I think this might be the one you haven't caught: >>1160909) which is already on thread 2.
>>
File: OC QMs.png (155KB, 1127x328px) Image search: [Google]
OC QMs.png
155KB, 1127x328px
>>1161859
Not even shitposting. People parrot liking OC when OC quests almost always offer nothing better than fanfiction other than a higher barrier to getting to the point. OC quests are filled with QMs pretending their vidya / novel ripoff bullshit is worth intrinsically more than stealing a successful and proven setting. All because they sat down for a week or two to pick parts of settings and character ideas they like and smash them together like an autistic child simulating relationships with lego dolls. They are the QMs who most often forget the idea of playing a quest to have fun. Dumbasses chasing a creative "artform" on an imageboard.

Honestly, OC is just as much cancer with a thin veil of "muh hard work," no matter how many months a QM pours into a setting it won't matter if it's unfun to play. And these OC shitlords get discouraged when they think their super special sci/fantasy cuntsoup isn't getting "attention" or "discussion" or their players "only go for the greentext options" because all their effort was wasted building a setting and not becoming a better storytelling GM. There's no point to OC if you can't get players to have fun making a story at least on par with shit fanfiction.

And here they post, "fanfiction vs. OC," and they can't even be objective about it enough to see that one has vastly more players having fun than the other because they're a collection of failed shit-tier QMs and players embittered by all their favorite dead OC quests.
>>
>>1161908
S
p
i
c
y
>>
>>1161922
I mean it, though.

It's almost literally just people pretending their shit doesn't stink.
>>
>>1161941
Listen bud, either your so un-self aware that you don't realize that you're just as bad as the people that go
>fanfic
Only you go
>OC
where you are disregarding something cause you don't like thing.

or your shitposting for (You)s. I like to believe the latter.

OC quests are fine. Fanfic quests are fine as long as they aren't (Self insert in main canon) status cause people can do better. It depends on the skill of the QM to make things work. Yes people make the excuse that their quest failed because only because it was OC and not the because they were a shit, boring QM and we call those people retards.

But you also have to remember that fanfics are crutches from a QM standpoint. You think anyone would read Sominus's shit if he didn't do fanfic? No, the dude is fucking boring.

A bad QM can have a successful fanfic quest. See: Sominus

A good QM can have a fucking fantastic fanfic quest: See: Crusty Jones

A bad QM will have a failed OC quest almost everytime: See all those people you were complaining about.

A good QM can have a successful OC quest, but they got to put in work: See: Languid or Soma.
>>
>be QM
>anons gonna waifu, already accepted it
>only waifu that doesn't cockblock murderhobo-ness or pants-on-head retardedness is the sociopath who just wants to kill and steal for lolz.

Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>1161908
>not doing a lazy as fuck sparse on detail OC setting that develops the harder you push on it
>>
>>1161982
>where you are disregarding something cause you don't like thing.
I enjoy OC. And I agree with most of that, hence 'almost always,' since there are more dead than living.

I just hate excuses because of people failing to be storytellers in their world. They are few because that's not easy, and engaging players that way takes work or previous experience. And also because it is a genuinely cancerous idea to place ones own idea of hard work above enjoying what they're doing, because that attitude will metastasize into lacking elements of an entertaining session.

And there's also when the discussion comes up time and time again and there's always standpoints to what's successful and what isn't for the playerbase crutches of fixfiction/fanfiction as some moronic versus against OC as if they're in the same ballpark. It's like comparing the non-quests of skirmish threads and civ threads, for all the similarities and differences there's this phony mindset that one has got to be better than the other. And the fundamental of players enjoying themselves is just a big whatever because a naive player or QM won't be focusing on the most important aspects of a quest; enjoying what they're doing, and being able to enjoy gaming collectively with their players.

Because that perspective paints fanfiction QMs as "oh gee look at all those lazy assholes not making OC, at least I'm better than that shit" whether or not they can do better or even if they never tried. All that does is make original content out to be another stupid QTG meme like chargen or fem protags.

OC quests are fine. Fanfiction quests are fine. Fixfiction quests are fine. Blatant fetish quests are fine. They all of gradients of pandering, shit taste, hot opinions, gud, fuckawful, and forgettabilitude, but the tide of trite discussion is just, like fuck, how much effort does it take to stand back and say that's not the point of quests at all. Even the rawest shitposting for fun is better than that. Unless it's one of those one shot joke quests.

>>1162046
It sounds like it could be an interesting relationship, or a miserably fun time.
You're probably doing it right either way.

>>1162050
Fact: Those are the best kind.
>>
>>1162081
>>1162081
>>1162081

Join me in the quest about a 1920s detective. Things will get interesting. I promise.
>>
>>1161115
>>When the QM tried to push a character into the spotlight/play up the strengths of someone no one cares about
I can't tell if you're just retarded or pretending to be.
>>
>>1162112

In the quest I used to follow, for a time it always felt like the MC was bumping into a side character that the QM had a boner for and every time that happened, the players basically went full Tsundere as a "Fuck You, we don't want to be around this guy" kind of move.

I dropped it shortly after the QM tried to have him crash a fighting tournament like he was some super-secret boss character we reached or some shit.
>>
Starcaller Quest is running right now.
>>1162123
>>1162123
>>1162123
>>
>>1162125
Then that's the qm being retarded. If the guy couldn't get the players to like a character even after their moment in the spotlight, then doing it again is obviously a real shit idea. What quest was this?
>>
New Space Quest thread up and running
>>1162136
>>
>>1161349

I dunno about you, but I vastly tend to prefer OC settings over fanfic ones.
>>
>>1161570
>You gotta find that one player that follows your quest with some dedication but also isn't afraid to call you out on shit (in a good critique way, not autistic bitching.)

Impossible.

You always look or are made to seem like you're autistically bitching, so you might as well just go full hog and embrace the label.

It's what I did.
>>
Hey, >>1162223
is running.

Come if you want space mercs 'n shit.
>>
>>1162320

And at nearly the end of the day, I manage to get something up
>>
>>1162228
Eh, don't really see much difference. How original is it, really? Either you have a totally original setting made up of concepts borrowed from other things, or you have an unoriginal setting and try to bring new life into with some new concepts.

About equal to me really. Unless you're not even attempting to bring anything new to the table at all.
>>
>>1161627
I like magical girls. I wrote an OC magical girl quest.
I think my tastes are pretty good.
>>
Whats the luckiest quest you've read anons? Mecha Space Pirate has just been one lucky roll after another.
>>
>>1162917
Ogre Quest.
>>
How would you do a Bloodborne quest, /qst/? Bloodborne itself was very much about being a solitary killer, where much of the lore was pieced together from showing instead of telling. It makes it hard to come up with a good premise.
>>
>>1162975
I don't think you could do the whole 'Learn the lore by looking at item descriptions' and such in a quest format.
>>
>>1162975
Have no consequences or boons occur from how much murderhoboing you get up to besides the amount of points you get. "Waifu is worth 500 points if you chop her head off."

Also, make it tactically punishing and be sure to allow resets from the last lantern.
>>
>>1162231
Literally follow better QMs
>>
How much edge/sexiness do you like in quest when it's suitable?
>>
File: boypussi plundering time.jpg (89KB, 337x416px) Image search: [Google]
boypussi plundering time.jpg
89KB, 337x416px
>>1163084
Not quite as much as that character provided. Maybe just a tiny bit less.
Tiny bit.
>>
>>1163084
Depends on the setting, I expect a Berserk quest to be edgy. A Barney the Dinosaur, not so much.
>>
>>1162975
I had an idea for this.

Seeing as everything is faction based, I imagine a "Bloodborne 2" being released as one of those super immersive VR MMO's like sword art or uh, the one about the skellington overlord. I think it's actually just called overlord.

Anyways, instead of directly being set in the real world of yharnham, it's about everyone online suddenly getting locked into the game, for whatever reasons. I was thinking either an AI boss in the game that develops some sort of advanced consciousness, making it an actual 'Eternal hunt'

The MMO style would mean that all the factions in the game could be represented regardless of timeline. Players would pick to be a part of the powder kegs, hunter of hunters, the legion, cainhurst or what have you.

In most of these things when players die they die for real in the world, but I think having players die again and again would lead to an eventual insanity where they think they really are hunters in the game? Maybe that should be the entire twist.

I'm just spitballing here. Anyways I'd totally participate regardless of how it's done, big fan of bloodborne.
>>
>>1163084
Just be upfront about it
>>
>>1162415
No setting is ever truly original, they'll always borrow from the world of others. But it is original enough if the QM put in the time to make sure that his setting is both internally consistent and presented in a manner both gradual and organic. That is, he does NOT begin the quest with a paragraph of greentext explaining the setting but instead lets me discover it piece by piece, learning more through the off hand references, such as simple swearing and colloquialisms used by NPCs, or the events and traditions of the setting, such as rolling into town and a large festival celebrating an important historical event is ongoing. Things like that make me absolutely ecstatic. And it's something a pre-established setting can't ever give me.
>>
>>1162917
This one Street Fighter quest where low level fighters were determined by anons posting character portraits and rolling dice. One guy posted a photo of a guy in a soldier outfit out in a field lying on the ground and armed with a tuba. He rolled a 98, and we got to experience the thrill of battle against the criminal mastermind known as Tuba Tom.
>>
>>1163194
I suppose. All that effort put into something can be reduced to nothing by poor writing though.

If you know what you're doing then awesome, but that's the catch. I really don't prefer OC over fanfiction, I just see OC as a bigger risk reward, and questing is already something with a low amount of payoff in general.
>>
We may as well be an extension of fanfiction.net, then. Fuck it, we need to use twithole to get any sort of activity (which I find absolutely hilarious, considering advertising on the GENERAL of the BOARD on this SITE doesn't even help you get activity), and having muh established lore is the only way lazy people will even touch a quest, so why not go full cuck slut and just change this board's name entirely?
/fan/ sounds fitting enough.
>>
File: 1474156380447.png (114KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1474156380447.png
114KB, 256x256px
>>1163266
I really hope you're joking.
>>
>>1163175
>bloodborne 2 as a trapped in a vrmmo anime
Can you seriously only think in terms of anime? What the fuck man.
>>
>>1163279
It's ironic because I haven't actually watched any of this stuff
>>
>>1163266
Huh it's almost like it's easier to follow a qm on twitter than it is to sit around in this den of shitposting 24/7 to find out when a thread will begin. Really makes you think.
>>
>>1163294
discords are better
>>
>>1163210
Well, I think that's a notable difference between us. Because speaking as a QM rather than a player, I find OC to be a lot less effort. In fact I tried to do fanfic once and I could not even get to the point where I was ready to post my OP, because the prep work was unbearable. Constantly having to account for how my idea ties into the setting, how to make the character fit in but not break anything, how to properly convey the tone of the source material... And that's not even mentioning trying to recapture the voices of any established characters that may make an appearance! To me, it was an insurmountable task. I couldn't do it at all.

Making OC on the other hand, that's dead simple. I can literally do whatever I want and I don't have to try to fit the square pegs into the circular holes because I make my own holes. And doing so is not much effort either because imagining fictional worlds is something I would already do, simply because I enjoy it. All I really had to do was organize those thoughts and put them to paper and I was all set.

So you see, to me it's the other way around. FF is more work with a less enjoyable payoff in my eyes.
>>
>>1163175
>Isekai
>>
>>1163302
Weird, I don't do any of that.

>>1163304
Not exactly, it'd be more like the end twist than the starting spin off. I mean, Bloodborne is a video game about fucking with consciousness and dreams anyway. Why not get crazy and mix in AI and virtual reality simulation too?
>>
>>1163266
Twitter is for keeping players not for getting them. You won't get any new players through twitter except through the most freaky of circumstances.
>>
File: 1473520039484.png (457KB, 1018x541px) Image search: [Google]
1473520039484.png
457KB, 1018x541px
>>1163310
>Not exactly, it'd be more like the end twist than the starting spin off.
Man I'd be real upset about that
>>
>>1163294
Well, the QM posting when he's going to run in the threads themselves sure as hell doesn't count as telling people when he's going run. May as well check social media! Because that's going to tell you when the QM suddenly drops off, due to death or disinterest, or just life in general. Twitter tells you everything!
>>
>>1163320
Yeah, it would be a pretty big fuck you, huh?

Imagine waking up and everything you ever did, every person you ever cared about, was just an avatar for some other nerd in some other part of the world. And it all meant nothing.

>>1163319
Yeah I think most of my playerbase usually comes from me posting on twitter that I'm running.
>>
>>1163310
>Why not get crazy and mix in AI and virtual reality simulation too?
That is such a terrible idea that I choose to believe you're just meming me right now
>>
>>1163330
I run a naruto quest, I'm a fan of "so bad it's good"

There was recently a "teleports behind u and stabs u" moment for the MC in my quest. Not sure if anyone noticed but I was laughing
>>
So who wants to hear about the Isekai Magical Girl quest I just thought up in my head for the purposes of making /qtg/ angry?

You are Yuzuki Nakao, literally jesus. Straight A's in school, every guy and most girls swoon in your presence, and you're the pride and joy of the cheerleading club! That is, until that one day you decided to give your friends VR headset a try. Now you're trapped inside of your best friend's smartphone, and the magical world contained within! It's your job to convince the uneducated philistines on the blue, mostly text-based kingdom of Mango about proper tastes in anime and how to make yourself into convincing traps.
>>
>>1163326
I feel like you're trying to make some kind of point here but I don't know what it is. A QM's twitter account is only as useful for the players as the QM chooses to make it
>>
>>1163336
Needs some hyper violence. Then it's basically a piece of post-modern art.
>>
File: 1486485044969.jpg (52KB, 595x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486485044969.jpg
52KB, 595x720px
>>1163336
Alright

ENOUGH
>>
File: gor.jpg (282KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
gor.jpg
282KB, 960x960px
>>1163336
Magical Girl Social Media Isekai.

Holy fuckballs.

Run it.
>>
File: hajime.png (50KB, 628x327px) Image search: [Google]
hajime.png
50KB, 628x327px
>>1163336
>>
File: 1452699258364.png (464KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452699258364.png
464KB, 500x500px
>Someone actually recommended me Anonkun
Is there a worse site for quests than Anonkun?
4chan doesn't count.
>>
>>1163424
spacebattles
4chan fuck you it does count
any other chan
>>
>>1163424
Plenty.

Questionable Questing
Sufficient Velocity
Spacebattles

Anonkun's only real crime is the layout. I can't picture reading anything seriously for more than a few minutes with that font on that layout.
>>
>>1163349
Well now I'm tempted, uh oh
>>
>>1163424
>Questionable Questing
>Sufficient Velocity
>Spacebattles
>>
A quest where you go around as Trudeau on a pacifistic mission to fuck the hot daughtes of all the world leaders and potentially hot female versions of all the world leaders.

A smut quest.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1163451
>A quest where you go around as...
The first sign of a bad quest.
>>
>>1163451
But where does going home to prep the bull for your wife come into this?
>>
Would Mini Six serve as a good dice system?
>>
File: horror.png (250KB, 349x313px) Image search: [Google]
horror.png
250KB, 349x313px
"Okay. So... I have some news to share with you all. See, when I was being kept in for observation, apparently it was so they could get some results back for some things they noticed and wanted to double-check.
I've always expected I wouldn't have more than a decade, maybe two if I'm lucky. But it's never quite felt immediate.
It's a far cry from your doctor coming in, sitting down, and telling you you've got twelve to eighteen months to live.
Apparently some of the stuff that's wrong with me is... basically building off each other. There's an outside chance it's my heart that'll go first and I'll die quietly, but it's much more likely to be a protracted, messy and thoroughly unpleasant affair.
So... yeah. I'm going to put this quest on hiatus, take some time with my family, and do some thinking about what I want to do with my last year on this Earth.
Thank you all for participating in this quest, it's been a blast even if I haven't been able to run it consistently or for anywhere near as long as I'd like. I'm hoping to come back to it - planning to - but ultimately between this and something real, knowing I have a very limited amount of time left, I'm more likely to go travelling or hiking or maybe try some less-extreme extreme sports as my health allows. I've always kind of wanted to have a go at riding a BMX down a mountain.
I'll try and check in every now and again to keep you updated."

Pour one out for those QMs who actually died.
>>
>>1163527
>40k fanfic
>Smut
Deserves it desu.
>>
File: Darkstar Tier.png (225KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
Darkstar Tier.png
225KB, 373x327px
>>1163532
>>
>>1163534
Nah
>>
>>1163451
>>1163467
>A quest
First sign of a bad quest.
>>
>>1163175
look, VRMMO is one thing, but BLOODBORNE of all titles?

The insanity from repeated death is the only part that's compatible, everything from theme to player mentality would be conflict with each other.

>>1163282
I find that that is exactly the reason why it happens. Because people who have never watched it want to do the same premise AND SOMEHOW MAKE THE SAME CLICHES AND MISTAKES.
>>
>>1163282
That's not ironic at all. It's just retarded.
>>
>>1155474
This is the best thing on qst
>>
>>1163532
Jelly QM/salty player that his quest isn't as popular detected
>>
So, I'm thinking of running a quest where you play as a ronin in fantasy not!Japan, and I've thought about whether to base it off of the L5R tabletop game. On one hand, the mechanics are simple and I could just use them rather than thinking up new mechanics, but on the other hand, L5R is like 40k in that it's pretty lore-heavy so I don't know 100% of the lore. I know it pretty well, but not 100%. Plus, if I make up the setting myself then I obviously have more control over it. But then again, I could do like Exalted quest and use it as a sort of intro to try and get more people playing and GMing the actual game, so I dunno.

What do you guys think? Use L5R, or just rip the mechanics off and use my own setting?
>>
>>1163717
>ronin in fantasy not!Japan
read Sleeping Gods. It's not what your quest is probably about, but read it anyway.
>>
>>1163717
Rip off.
>>
>>1163584
"a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result"

Seems ironic to me

>>1163583
But it's not the same thing.
>>
>>1163731
>But it's not the same thing.
I don't follow.
>>
>>1163718
Never heard of it, but I'll give it a look. For the record, I'm aiming for a sort of warring states style setting, where you're dealing with both mundane and supernatural issues.

>>1163719
Alright, custom setting that steals L5R mechanics it is.
>>
>>1163735
Miss the part where I say that it'd probably be the end twist, as opposed to the starting one?

I'm not gonna do it, but the VR MMO aspect isn't actually important to the story. Everyone in the game is already too far gone to remember the real world.

It's more like a contrivance to get every faction in the game active at the same time despite being across different timelines, without having to have the Mensis Ritual and all the other stuff in Bloodborne that creates the specific conditions to allow the game to happen.

It's easy to just go >dreams lol

People might not like it, but it wouldn't have any true effect on the story until the very end.

I mean, one of the endings for Bloodborne in the first place is just waking up. Seeing as how the world of Bloodborne works, there's little reason to ever have an actual "Bloodborne 2"

It's just a spitballed idea though.
>>
File: Ryukusa-chan.png (416KB, 812x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ryukusa-chan.png
416KB, 812x960px
Glorious dragon girls comfytime returns.

>>1163907
>>
>>1163791
So it's a shittier, more meme filled Joker Quest
>>
>>1163791
being an end twist doesn't change much.

You're throwing in the VRMMO aspect to serve as plot device justification, but it doesn't fit the plot itself.
>>
New thread for Guardsmen Quest
>>1164033
>>1164033
>>
>>1163915
If that's what a bloodborne quest is

>>1164040
Well it changes it in that it's never relevant to the story itself.

It doesn't "fit" is such an abstract term. What do you mean? That it doesn't mix well? It's not tonally consistent? But, the VRMMO aspect would never be relevant. Any plot justification is just a plot justification, you might as well make it a little more outlandish since it's just a mcguffin.
>>
File: 1487040474300.jpg (81KB, 681x499px) Image search: [Google]
1487040474300.jpg
81KB, 681x499px
>>1164391
There's
Literally
Figuratively
Metaphorically
Spiritually
Physically
Emotionally
Mentally
No reason for that VDMMO aspect to even be in it
>>
>>1164510
I do what I want!
>>
waifu faggotry should be a permaban offense.
>>
>>1164585
Run on akun then
>>
File: Dio.png (765KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Dio.png
765KB, 1024x683px
>QM uses an original setting
>Uses not-so-original characters
Good, bad, or just meh?
>>
File: 20170214_203120.jpg (56KB, 202x379px) Image search: [Google]
20170214_203120.jpg
56KB, 202x379px
>>1164692
Depends on the Execution

T.FanficQm
>>
>>1163914
>Pregnant Dyke Dragoncucks Quest
Lol nah
>>
>>1164692
Meh. It depends if they are inspired by a character or if you are just being lazy and making a Not!Character.
>>
>>1164692
The pinnacle of questing.

Nothing tops David-kun of Waifu Club.
>>
>>1164391
how can you say that "everything was just a game" is not relevant to the story?

It would put everything that happened previously into question. Half of everything loses all meaning, while the other half just becomes confusing.

Who would make a VRMMO of Bloodborne?
How would someone in it not realize it was all a VRMMO when they would bash themselves against the edges of the system(and they will, both as thinking people, and as quest players who will go off the rails)?
What purpose is there now in all the eldritch stuff that happened previously, and how contrived is your plot that the eldritch stuff was actually real AND FOR SOME REASON IS EXACTLY LIKE BLOODBORNE, particularly when the whole point of eldritch is that it's alien, you can't understand nor copy it, nor make an entire game that quantizes it down to the pixel?

There's a reason that such convoluted plots are generally restricted to parodies, and that's because a twist that does not fit with the tone, system, theme, EVERYTHING, simply saps all meaning away from the story. Who would care at that point, beyond "let's just keep going to see what happens"?
>>
>>1164717
Coward. :P
>>
>>1164750
Enjoying haremshit where you cuck your childhood friend and then also fuck outside the harem because LOL LESBEANS CAN DO NO WRONG
>>
We should do some live questing here:

https://chakai.org/tea/126631#q126631
>>
>>1164717
>Pregnant Dyke
wot
>>
>>1165602
Magic
>>
>>1164728
Look it's basically like the extra end of breaking bad where Hal wakes up and it's actually just a dream.

I didn't put that much thought into it, clearly.

As for the eldritch being impossible to understand, I think Bloodborne the game did a pretty good job of representing all of that. Not in true lovecraft fashion but "oh god what is that and what is it doing to all of us, kill it" fashion

As for who would make a VRMMO, future fromsoft when they become a AAA studio, clearly.
>>
>>1165770
Shut the fuck up you autist. Stop shitting up the general with your enormous posts, every single one of your posts are terrible.
>>
File: Zoidberg.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Zoidberg.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>When the quest is diceless and also way too fucking easy.
>>
>http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spkibc
>BQ is dead
>Soma was making it up the entire time.
>>
>>1165770
>>1165770
From what i understand, you're missing the point as badly as someone who thinks that monster hunter is about the monsters as opposed to hunting them and mastering their behavior.
>>
>>1166051
RIP

It was an experience.
>>
is it better for a quest to be short?
>>
File: ProspectiveSkirmishOP.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ProspectiveSkirmishOP.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
Here's my first shot at a ruleset for a skirmish that may or may not ever happen.
I know I need help trimming down classes, and there the vast majority of the classes need stats, but any comments/criticism would be much appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p7mbThFXqLKjoI8m1R2fEpwyj_ckPjfzYusUSFlP03g/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>1166078
It depends on the plot you're going for. Just make sure the pacing is good and there is an ending. That's what matters.
>>
File: KQ_Bites_the_Dust_AV.png (1MB, 1030x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KQ_Bites_the_Dust_AV.png
1MB, 1030x1080px
>>1166051
>>
>>1166051

Alright, serious time.

Is questing dead now?

Does this confirm it?

Should the medium go the way of the dinosaur?

Our veterans and elders have died (in some cases literally).

Our best and brightest have went to other pastures.

The world hates us.

Will questfags die out like the noble Indians on the plains of America or will we rise from the ashes to control the world like the jews?

I don't know. I think its time to take one last hit from the peace pipe and then hang ourselves from the rafters.

The sacred cows have been slaughtered. The jackals feast on the corpses.

Death has come for us at last.
>>
>>1166108
Yeah, pretty much every major quest is dead.

Unless /qst/ somehow attracts a new wave of players and QMs, I can't see it lasting much longer.
>>
>>1166108
crusty will come back, r-right?
>>
>>1166122
Who do you think the

>(in some cases literally).

was referring to?
>>
>>1166131
it hurts me inside
>>
>>1166117
Is there a single MEGA QUEST left on the site of 4chan?

Does planefag even run any of his goofy shit that attracts loads of fucking autism but at least they're breathing players?

Fuck me.
>>
>>1166142
Just Hive Queen but the world keeps trying to kill Quest Drone.
>>
>>1166148

Oh you think he'll actually come back after like his whole family died and his body exploded into giblets?
>>
>>1166155
He'll try damnit.
>>
>>1166160
Speaking of Civ Quests that are actual quests and sorta good:

Is Gravemind dead? 40K Lich quest or whatever?
>>
>>1166167
Death Among the Stars? It's still alive.
>>
File: every day.png (280KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
every day.png
280KB, 452x710px
>>1166108
Yep. Day after day, death after death, we counted our blessings with the living major quests. Another huge one is dead and there's nothing to replace it, not that anything could.

The first response of this thread grows more prophetic.

But hey, once the rest of the big ones finish up we will at least we have our memories.

>>1166160
If QD actually dies I won't know what to do with my life.
>>
>>1166189
>once
>not if they finish at all
>>
>>1166195
Let me have one shred of hope.
Just one.
>>
>>1166189
What are the major quests still running?
>>
>>1165282
Infinite Patchworks, thread 2.
>>
>>1166221
How do we define major anyway?

Ive followed over 30 quests and most of them were fairly popular but not enough to get mentioned on qtg often.
>>
>>1166221
Honestly like the guy above me said, I don't really know how to define 'major' nowadays.

On /tg/ they'd be big quests with big followings that even if you don't read them you have heard about them on /qtg/ and such. Banished, Hellborn, Homeless Mutant, Hive Queen.

Shit that would constantly get gold ratings on suptg that you could tell wasn't because of one autist cycling IPs.
>>
>>1163702

I've found the savior of the questing community.

So this . . . is the power . . . of /qst/ . . . wooah
>>
>>1166250
>As soon as you mention Sandy patrick gets really mad and motions angrily at the robut to shoot you

>You start shooting furiously. Bullets are flying everywhere. Ten bullets hit the robot, so he just falls on the floor next to Sqidward. One bullet hits Patrick and blows his arm off. He falls to his knees and begs you not to kill him.

>You ask him why did he do this. He tells you that he had been retarded for years, until Plankton cured him (which was about several hours ago). After that he discovered that he's an unemployed bum, so Plankton offered him money to kill you and Mr. Krabs.

>>Kill him

>>Leave him alone

>>1166221
I found a major quest here.
>>
Major Quests still running:

Spongebob's Day Off
Overwatch Quest
Nigger Survival Game
Risk
Autistic Serial Killer Quest
Test Thread
Just Another CivQuest
Anonymous Plays Europa Universalis 4

Cherish these things for they are all we have left
>>
File: walking away.gif (491KB, 500x182px) Image search: [Google]
walking away.gif
491KB, 500x182px
>>1166283
>>
>>1166283
>Anonymous Plays Europa Universalis 4
QM is a bitch that didn't take Byzantium even though it had the most votes.
>>
File: 1487197530706.jpg (229KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
1487197530706.jpg
229KB, 500x672px
>>1166051
Man considering thats the quest that literally got me to QM even through I stopped following in its later stages it's a strange feel. That was the first quest that I saw on /tg/ too

Man I did a lot of stupid shit during that quest.

RIP you fucking Chryssa Waifu denying fuck. I love you.
>>
>>1144962
No, Whirlpool Quest, despite being a Waterworks fanfic, did not have any animations at all. Not even gifs, unlike its inspiration.
>>
>>1166221
Audit quest had a new chapter not to long ago.
>>
File: 1485735869358.png (218KB, 358x470px) Image search: [Google]
1485735869358.png
218KB, 358x470px
Also stop planning your quests seriously
Have an incredibly vague outline, so vague as to it might as well have not existed in the first place
As a QM planning is literally your enemy
>>
>>1166283
Trick you've forgotten some gemstones.

Kantai Collection Pacific Strike
Shimigami Savant
German Hollow
Titanfall Mercs
Magical Academy Quest
Audit Quest
The occasional Orc drawquest
>>
>>1166108
Trick. Pls. Questing is never dead. What we need to do is train up the next generation of QMs. You may say it's doom and gloom like it's the end of the world since 2016 election, but the world keeps turning. There's so many new quests that need the love and attention from us old lurkers. And we're not giving them any.
>>
File: SeeYouSpaceCowboy.png (242KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
SeeYouSpaceCowboy.png
242KB, 500x377px
RIP Banished Quest, you shall not be missed.

I miss it
>>
>>1166546
It won't miss you either, Anon.
>>
>>1166557
When are you coming home dad?
>>
>>1166577
Never.
Ever.
>>
>>1165602
Pregnant AND cucked
>>
>>1166581
was the whole ride worth it? was it worth 3 years of shitposting and 3 hours of typing quest updates every session?
>>
>>1166599
Nah.
>>
>>1166603
who was official best girl?
>>
>>1166612
Chryssa. There's a reason she was the first female character encountered. Honestly, I think she was the best fit for Mik, out of any of the women he encountered over the quest. Probably out of any women he had encountered and would ever encounter.

But she lost, and Darzi won.
>>
>>1166618
you gon make more quests or you gon go full normie and leave 4chan never to return?
>>
>>1166642
Probably the latter.
>>
>>1166643
Fulvia objectively best waifu
>>
>>1166645
Fulvia would have been interesting to write. Probably more so than Darzi was.
>>
>>1166646
Wait are you that guy pretending to be Soma or are you the actual Soma?
>>
>>1166651
I'm the actual Soma.
>>
>>1166654
You have been impersonated so many times I'm not sure if I believe.
>>
>>1166656
Believe.
>>
>>1159258
We'd already be that because /tg/ has a big following
>>1159192
That's fucking awesome
>>1158809
But none of it matters because I'm a poorfag who's computer is too shit to meet the minimum requirements, and, because I'm too poor o upgrade my graphics card, I can't manage like I wanted to. If someone else wanted to take advantage of this hype train and push forward to actual existence I'd appreciate the noble gesture, but I have to go back to voting anonymously in shame of incompletion.
>>
>>1166822

The containment area thing is pretty relatable since it's parodying the way this board was created in the first place. Besides having a rivalry makes certain matches more interesting to watch.

The key to becomming very likable is the way you present your board culture and players. Good blender models significantly improve the sympathy.

I did some modelling work myself for some super smash bros brawl mods but I'm far from experienced with 3d models. I'm more experienced in designing.

As for managing the biggest problem for me is being available for tactical decisions on fridays and saturdays
>>
File: 1485964120516.jpg (61KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1485964120516.jpg
61KB, 670x503px
>>1166618
Are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>1166937
My only problem is actually running the game. If you wanted to do that and run tests, I could do the work on game days. Co-managing would be a great solution for me.
>>
File: TruthHurts.jpg (98KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
TruthHurts.jpg
98KB, 600x468px
With Soma soon to be gone I think we're fucked, only Hive Queen remains and it and it's creator are on life support; the /qst/ trail of tears is over, the era of quests is done.

RIP
>>
>>1166057
I understand it doesn't mesh well together at all, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'd be bad.

Dumber ideas have worked out.
>>
>>1155740

more coming at a slow slow pace.
>>
>>1167101
I don't understand why you're still arguing this retarded point. Let it go dude. You're gonna start making Trick seem reasonable in comparison.
>>
At least Valen Quest survives.
>>
>>1166221
Exalted Quest is still running. Well
>running
>>
>>1167081
no. There will be new quests that will bud in it's place. some of them have the potential to be great. all it needs is some attention and willing participants.
>>
>>1166959
>salty darzifag over the fact that Chryssa was best girl stated by QM
even now Chryssafags gets last laugh.
>>
That guy wasn't me. Check twitter, fourth post down.
>>
Run your fucking quests Cegremo you lazy autist or I swear I'll come to canuckland to fuck you up.
>>
File: 1406042267745.gif (991KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1406042267745.gif
991KB, 500x281px
>>1166051
>>1167398
This is just like the stuff you'd pull before Senpai.

Either way, enjoy the corporate world you delirious potato nignogger kike.
>>
>>1167299
>implying I'm a Darzifag
>>
>>1166593
Is it cuckoldry (cuckqueenery?) when you pretty much own the harem?
>>
File: Soma's last post.jpg (57KB, 1355x229px) Image search: [Google]
Soma's last post.jpg
57KB, 1355x229px
The last post of Soma as a QM was a shitpost. It wasn't even an end of the thread, he just up and left like a nigger after being told he'll be a father.
>>
>>1167672
I can't think of a more fitting end
>>
>>1167561
Seeing as she still ducks and flirts outside the harem, it's a moot debate
>>
>>1167709
>the cuck is cucking others
this sounds like a horrible quest
>>
>>1167714
The MC doesn't ever get cucked. She cucks her best friend's wife by impregnating her best friend and then fucks a retarded fox girl, cucking her entire harem.

Oh, and she also fucks someone's masochistic loli granny while that person is bound in eternal hellfire
>>
so questing on 4chan has truly died.

The corpse will keep thrashing for a while, but it's just dead flesh.
>>
>>1167751
Questing as we know it might die, but maggots and worms will come out of the corpse at some point and they'll be something that bears some resemblance to questing.
Just like how drawfaggotry and writefaggotry ended up giving birth to questing in a roundabout way.

This is 4chan afterall, the wheel will always spin.
>>
>>1167751
>being this dramatic
>>
>>1166521
Thanks mate, but as much as I like flattery "not garbage" is more appropriate
>>
File: Space Marine 3.jpg (70KB, 354x495px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine 3.jpg
70KB, 354x495px
Chapter Master Quest is up

>>1167890
>>1167890
>>1167890
>>
>>1167887
>krautaboo bleach fixfic
>not garbage
Funny joek
>>
>>1167912
Want to know what's funny?
A retard literally judging a book by its cover.

Now that's funny!
>>
>>1167917
That's a concept synopsis, not a cover. And all I'm saying is that there's a reason you're lumped together with """gems""" such as Spongebob Quest
>>
>>1167887
>>1167917
>how dare /qst/ insult my masterpeice!
>>
>>1167921
Tbqh the Spongebob Quest has more shit going for it than the Bleach fixfic.

We only saw 10% of the total story!
>>
>>1167921
I thought the post including spooky's quest was meant to be unironic. Is nothing good anymore?
>>
>>1167942
>Is nothing good anymore?

Nothing ever was.

Come on that's like meme number 1 here
>>
>>1167942
Honestly, what did you expect from someone who doesn't understand what "judging by the cover" actually means.

Better to ignore them and move on.
It's better to save your brain cells
>>
>>1167949
when will you run your awacs quest?
>>
>>1167928
I'm not surprised. Bleach is even more of entry level anime than Spongebob if you ask me.
>>1167942
If someone unironically like Krautaboo Bleach Autism Quest, you know the rest of the list is probably shit
>>
>>1167949
>you have to be brain damaged to not like my quest
That's nice, dear
>>
>>1165986
I'm almost motivated to make a colossal post just for you.

I guess this'll do.

If I space it out more it'll look bigger
>>
Good god.

Questing is not dead. The fact that there are even people moaning about its death proves that it can continue.
>>
>>1166386
No. Since I'm half braindead and can't do improv for hours straight, doing that would kill my update times.
>>
>>1168025
ded

no res

fission mailed
>>
You are Anon, and you are a 20 year old neet who is average at everything until one day you are hit by a japanese pizza delivery man and taken to the world of pizza delivery men. A fantasy kingdom beseiged by orcs and goblins who are preventing the cheese king from delivering pepperoni-garnished goods to neighboring kingdoms in thirty minutes or less.

that's right it's the pizza racers isekai.
>>
Now that Soma is gone, who are the remaining /tg/ QMs?
>>
>>1168157
There are still plenty famalam.

Unless you mean the big quests from /tg/.
>>
>>1166051
>VKrmiq3f
>>1167398
>VKrmiq3f
wot
>>
>>1168157
You can always attempt to summon an old one that has passed on in the hopes of gaining their favor, however fleeting it may be.
>>
File: I feel it.jpg (100KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
I feel it.jpg
100KB, 500x369px
>>1168173
>When he'd rather shitpost as a final gift than giving a proper end to his quest.
You can forget about the epilogue thread.
>>
File: quests_ideas.jpg (337KB, 1741x580px) Image search: [Google]
quests_ideas.jpg
337KB, 1741x580px
>Ace Combat in essence, but with TIE Fighters. Starring rookie pilots just before A New Hope. Mainly dogfights with bits of SoL in between.

or

>Scientific expedition on a barren, ice world. The quest would be about reaching an anomaly within a huge vehicle while managing risks, resources and the crew.
>>
>>1168197
>Ace Combat
>TIE Fighters

I'd play it. Suck it, rebel scum.
>>
>>1168197
Those both sound good honestly.
>>
>>1168197
The second sounds like it could be amazing or terrible, with little room between, while the first sounds like it would be average to good, but without much space to be amazing.

Both sound fun, but if you are up to the challenge I'd play the second. It sounds like it could have some promise. and elder things.
>>
File: Dicegod.jpg (86KB, 1412x824px) Image search: [Google]
Dicegod.jpg
86KB, 1412x824px
>>1167011

Great! If we could gather some anons to help on the team, a nice export before the spring qualifiers would certainly be possible. Otherwise /qst/ can start off without much flashy blenders. The kits and the tactics are the first things that should be done.

Here is a simple blender model I had in mind for the head of the DiceGod player.
>>
>>1167745
Riveting stuff.

>>1167949
I want to like anime fanfic QMs I really do.

But when half of you are insufferable faggots of the worst variety, how the fuck am I not supposed to lump you all into the "cancer" category.

>>1167973
And here we go with more of this shit.

>>1168123
Hawaiian pizza is garbage.
>>
>>1168382
There's much worse shit to put on a pizza than pineapples.
>>
>>1168398

Like what? Shredded glass and dog turds?

I'm talking about in the actual world of pizza Americana.

Here, let me rank legitimate things people generally do with pizza from best to worst.

Pretty much any combination of toppings > Hawaiian > Pure pepperoni nothing else > Cheese pizza AKA pizza with no toppings

Yes, Maddox made a video about this and he was fucking right.

Personally, olives and sausage over here. /qst/, report in with your favorite toppings RIGHT THE FUCK NOW BITCHES!
>>
>>1168410
Fish.

As far as favorite toppings I'd go with sausage sausage and mushrooms. it's not gay if the sausage and mushrooms don't touch
>>
>>1168410
no pizza at all
>>
>>1168382
Aren't you an anime fanfic QM as well, though? I mean, SMT kinda qualifies.
>>
>>1168429

Are you implying I'm not an insufferable faggot?
>>
File: Disgusting “Men”.gif (591KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting “Men”.gif
591KB, 480x270px
>It's a lich quest
Is there a more overused theme for a quest?
>>
>>1168693
Anime fanfic
>>
File: 1485867987620.jpg (167KB, 1008x636px) Image search: [Google]
1485867987620.jpg
167KB, 1008x636px
>>1168693
Isekai
>>
>>1168873
Isekai is nothing new, though.

Nobody bitches about A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.
>>
File: The Question Q.gif (3MB, 454x255px) Image search: [Google]
The Question Q.gif
3MB, 454x255px
>>1168933
>A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.
Has this been done?
>>
>>1169084
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Connecticut_Yankee_in_King_Arthur's_Court
>>
>>1168157
Well, do you want a list of everyone that ran on /tg/ and still does, regardless of popularity? Because there are still quite a few of us around.
>>
>>1166532
Go here.
>>
>>1166088
It's really hard to say anything about the stats or classes when you mention things like spoofs or microwarp jumps without explaining what it is.

One thing I can say immediately though is that if a ship has to roll *over* Gunnery to shoot, making default Gunnery 75-80 is a bad idea.

I recommend you visit #Skirmish channel on irc.rizon.net. There almost always are people who could help you.
>>
>>1168693
>>1168710
>>1168873
So clearly we need a lich anime isekai and lets add...meta quest

So an Overlord Fanfic Quest
>>
>>1169443
>>1168693
y'all forgot about magical girls.

Although I would take a morbid fascination to a magical girl lich quest with legit skeleton face as opposed to madoka.
>>
>>1169510
You mean little girls that transform into magical skeletons or skeletons that transform into magical girls?
>>
>>1169601
skeletons that transform into magical skeletons.

....and perhaps complaining that they didn't get flesh.
>>
>>1169606
That's a shame. I think it could have been interesting with skeleton girls conflicted between spending their limited transformation time on fighting for justice or spending it doing living things.
>>
>>1169607
To me, that sort of thing has been done to half-death. Not quite a cliche yet, but I never liked it and preferred something else.

I hear there's a vidya coming out soon that'll tackle that sort of "transform into something that can do living things"
>>
>>1168300
Alright. That's great. I'll start working on designs for kits, and ideas for tactics. We can't get verified for the next cup until the current one is concluded, so that's really all we can do until next week.
>>
It's so sad when a promising thread ends after the first day of play, why / qst / this way? I'm also thinking of getting mine on thread, any tips?
>>
>>1169617
Read older quests both successful and otherwise, learn from them, pick a smart time to start, make sure you have a shitload of time for the first thread, and enough ideas prepared for it, use an attention grabbing OP image and text, start first thread with a bang and end it with one as well, have your second thread not long after the first and at the same time, have a twitter before you start, post your twitter, gather attention for your quest in the QTG before you even start it and let everyone know when your awesome quest will start several days in advance, use goddamn time zones when doing that, in general aim to have your first thread make a big splash, use prompts (3 min), if you MUST use char gen you should weave it into the story to make sure something is always happening and be clear and concise about it. Also, be consistent. Changing themes won't magically replace your current players with ones who actually like the new theme.
>>
>>1169617
because the new batch of QMs have less experience with tabletop since this isn't /tg/. They aren't used to spending huge chunks of time devoted to a single story.

read the OP.

Ask more specific questions, it will both be more helpful to you, and be proof that you're not just going to drop your quest like everyone else.
>>
>>1169626
>>1169628
thanks for the advice, i think i will run a Civ quest, it's easier because there's a ton of this and is good for a beginning, i will use one of this image for the choice of race, about the time im from Brazil so i dont know if i use gmt time zone or some american time zone, i will start next week probably
>>
>>1169633
>it's easier because there's a ton of this and is good for a beginning
I do not necessarily agree, but you do you
>>
>>1169635
what do you think about Civ quest?
>>
>>1169636
I think it's different. Not easier or harder, just different in the problems that you will face in writing and getting the story to progress in a way that is both fun for the players and fun for YOU.
>>
>>1169633
forgot to image
>>
>>1169638
true, i guess i think it's easier because is the one topic i like most, but thanks for this tips, i hope i can make fun for me and the players
>>
>>1169636
Quests and civs are barely related outside of the fact they're both sent to /qst/ and they're games played on 4chan. I know this much though, that image is for ants and civs tend to have a lot of numbers in them, so uh, make sure you can handle those at a reasonable pace I guess?
>>
>>1169655
Ty , i guess the only way to see if a can handle is by trying, and if a fail i wont kill my self
>>
>>1169617

/qst/ is like this because as others pointed out many people simply give up either because they didn't get any readers (which is a bullshit reason because if you start you should do at least 2-3 or maybe even more sessions just to build up a player base) or because they just got bored.

In a way QM-ing takes a special case of autism not unlike the one needed for Role playing.

>Starting Quest writing

Don't

But jokes aside, you probably either heard every tip that can be said or you can read them in the pastebin.

Learn from the success and failiure of others, read either quests or books just to get a feel for it, be persistant and try to give your quest a proper ending instead of just stopping with it.

And just try to keep yourself motivated in general.
Watch some movies from various genres so you can get some inspiration.
And get used to caffeine, you'll need it
>>
>>1168693
Fanfiction.
>>
Should I write a GuP quest where you never drive tanks but the characters are also uninteresting or unlikeable?
>>
>>1169698
I could have sworn there was already something like that around here
>>
>>1169698
No, nobody wants to read a quest where all the characters are your self-inserts.
>>
>>1169698

Make sure to have yuri happen every thread all the time to full on smut levels.
>>
>>1169698

Probably not, but that never stopped anyone from writing a quest
>>
>>1169666
thanks for the tip, is good to see that at last some people keep the /qst/ alive
>>
>>1169708
Anytime.

But don't forget to take every advice with a grain of salt.
In the end the players will decide what they like and will give voice to their opinions.
It is they who you must entertain, not us
>>
>>1169318
FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME
>>
>actually good Akun quests
Go!
>>
>>1169927
Waifu Club.

It's a comedy.
>>
>>1170001
Is that the one where the protagonist is called ''David-kun'' or some shit like that?
>>
>>1170018
Yes. His traumatic past and fighting skills makes all the girls from your favorite video game/anime swoon.

He even beat Brock Lesnar and has Master Roshi as his sensei.
>>
>>1169927
The Queen's Company. Slightly old/finished quest, but mentioning because the author just came back from hiatus after stating he'd do a sequel.
>>
>>1169927
Androids, Magic, Mercenaries, Sex, and other Nonsense by none other than GermanSchteel
>>
>>1169927
Pokemon Bonding
>>
>>1169666
>taking advice from a fixfic krautaboo
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: F-14 AIM-152.jpg (150KB, 1000x710px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 AIM-152.jpg
150KB, 1000x710px
Pilot Quest will be running in 45 minutes to an hour's time.
>>
File: Feels Corrin F.png (347KB, 398x470px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Corrin F.png
347KB, 398x470px
How do I make a feels quest that isn't too sappy or melodramatic?
>>
>>1170725
Read Librarian Quest
>>
>>1170725
>>1170729
that's.....not a bad recommendation.
>>
>>1170725
Give your players a reason to actually feel something. A basic mistake a lot of people make when they start trying to write emotional pieces, or anything that invokes a certain type of feeling, is just diving in and assuming that the reader will humor them and get on the train.

Give your player something to care about. Make them invested in the highs and the lows of your character. The character, specifically, not the quest. Plenty of quests have players invested in it, and coasting on the victories or the losses, but they're not INVOLVED. What you need is something your players can honestly value - Make them become ecstatic because the character succeeded at something, rather than because they succeeded. Make them sad when they fail, not because the players failed, but because of what it means to the character.

It's ground work. Ground work is the key component, and it takes time and patience, like any good story, but especially for stories where your goal are to elicit emotions from the players or readers. You need them to let their guard down, and to not be afraid to honestly empathize. You need to learn how to dole out failure in such a way that it's an obstacle rather than a dead end. To give them something to struggle towards, and to pour themselves into. Only when they've opened their heart, unknowingly or not, can you actually begin.

And then it's a matter of understanding pacing and endurance. Emotions aren't inexhaustible, and people get tired. Learning to push their emotional mettle to the point of breaking, but only slowly, is important. Provide them happiness along the way, because the smallest ray of hope is enough to make most people persevere slightly longer, even if things have been hard for them. Learn to reward them in ways that will matter, because happiness is more than just a victory notch, and feelings are more than tears and salt.

And above all, learn that the greatest wounds you can inflict on your players will rarely have any prolonged drama or raised tension. Shonen genre and comics try to make people feel loss through death, or action, and it's cheap. Worn down and played out. People are desensitized to that, and even more so when it's handled poorly; Your tools are words. Subtle relationships, and trust. They will provide your players joy, and melancholy, in equal measures.

And then finally as something of a tangential advice, don't focus on the feels. Things that blindside you hurt you the most, because people instinctively brace for what they see coming. This goes back to subtly and groundwork, but let the feels build up while you're focused on something else. Treat them like a tide to your quest's beach, slowly rising and receding, but occasionally the clouds will darken and waves will crash down upon you.
>>
>>1170828
>>1170828
>>1170828
Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live again.
>>
File: F-14 BARCAP.jpg (38KB, 514x350px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 BARCAP.jpg
38KB, 514x350px
Pilot quest is running right now!

>>1170888
>>1170888
>>1170888
>>
>>1171348

Antimage Quest II!
>>
>>1169701
Usually when something is uninteresting, people don't participate.
>>
>>1170803
That's a level of depth that's pretty much impossible to reach in this medium, especially when so many players bow out due to "slow start is slow" and new players not coming in due to lack of a player base.
It's an oxymoron; people want to know about the world, but don't want too many words. In a medium based on reading.
>>
>>1171603
A side note: I don't disagree with the post, I actually like the ideas and concepts, it just seems like a pipedream.
>>
>>1171603
>It's an oxymoron; people want to know about the world, but don't want too many words. In a medium based on reading.

Because it's a quest that people want to play the quest, not just read it. They don't want to read about aspects of your world like it's coming out of a textbook.

Introduce worldbuilding as it becomes relevant and convenient gradually. And make it interesting.
>>
>>1171613
You're right. It is difficult. Not only for the players to open themselves up, but also difficult for QMs to try their hand at what is admittedly a fickle and delicate execution when many (if not all) of us aren't much more than amateurs plugging away at various qualities and rates because we enjoy writing, or whatever other excuse you need. All of the reasons you've listed are completely valid, and very discouraging, and I've seen them said in earnest both by players in quests I read, and by QMs who gave up.

But I don't think it's impossible. Perhaps it isn't something we'll ever quite reach on a larger scale, but I have complete faith there are at least a handful of people out there who will get caught up in something like this, and a couple QMs who - even if it doesn't work initially - Can keep at it.

And ultimately, I feel it would be more difficult to capture the hearts of a larger group in the first place. Like how horror games are less scary when played with your friends, too many people in a situation can cause us to use their presence to excuse ourselves from involvement. There's a very ephemeral line where the presence of others serves to galvanize that feeling of investment, because of a shared bond or experience. Shared goals, successes and regrets.

I'll certainly agree that it seems a pipedream for any large following, but if you're content with only the few who are willing to invest themselves, then I don't believe it's too far out of reach.

That may just be naivete, though. Rather than wanting to believe, I do earnestly have faith that beneath shitposting and doomsaying, there are lurkers, players, and QMs who love the stories they read, and the worlds they create, and are willing to go in half and half with each other to find a greater experience than the sum of the parts around them.
>>
>>1168410
nothing

Just give me the crust.
>>
>>1164033
Guardsmen quest is live.
>>
>>1165276
Star Wars: Warlords quest is live and needs players!
>>
File: sammich.jpg (190KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
sammich.jpg
190KB, 1600x1066px
>>1161557
pic related is what I think of buruto quest
>>
File: 1487441369139.png (514KB, 584x732px) Image search: [Google]
1487441369139.png
514KB, 584x732px
>>1173329
Shimigami Savant Quest is live!
>>
>>
>>1173391
Nah
Thread posts: 829
Thread images: 123

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.