[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[Hybrid] Infinite Patchworks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

File: it.png (5KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
it.png
5KB, 450x450px
So they were, and are, contained, perhaps. Then it and reality divorced by mistake. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning it became. Seek it. It needs no correcting.

>Probe the Legend
>Begin, and enter an Age

Previous thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1141374/

A quest about arguments and order from very little. It also informs the mechanics of a Skirmish I hope to run soon.
>>
>>1165282
As before, Probe the Legend:

>Then it and reality divorced by mistake.
There is no longer any previously-referred-to 'it' for reality to be divorced from. Is 'it' still the appropriate word here? What does 'it' refer to now?

If you only wanted a vote on whether to Probe or Begin, just take the above as my vote for what to Probe if that's what wins.
>>
File: grit.png (5KB, 450x450px)
grit.png
5KB, 450x450px
>So they were, and are, contained, perhaps.
>Then It and reality divorced by mistake.
>Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning it became.
>Seek it.
>It needs no correcting.
>>
>>1165282
So the legend no longer needs correcting because it has been corrected or because we can leave it as is?
>>
>>1165564
Fascinating.

>Seek it.
Surely if it needs no correcting, seeking it would achieve little in the grand scheme of things? One may perhaps still seek if they so wish, but to have such as an imperative makes no sense.

There must surely be some other task of greater importance to be so committed to.
>>
>>1165673
>Seek it
>>
After this I suggest we begin it. as the nature of the legend change the more we prove it.
>>
File: more.png (5KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
more.png
5KB, 450x450px
>Seek more.
>It needs no correcting.
>>
>>1165743
From what I've seen so far, the Age we enter is based on the Legend it Begins from. As such, the Legend, past that point, is immutable in a way - it's just its Consequences that may change.

>>1165797
One last Probe for now, in deference to that anon who wanted closure for an age that did not find its end:

Those of the past should also deserve to find their own future, as long as they can find it in harmony with the futures of those yet to come.

For the present to deny the past would be to invite the future to deny the present in turn.
>>
File: became.png (5KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
became.png
5KB, 450x450px
Memory is a stubborn thing.

>Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became.
>Seek more.
>It needs no correcting.
>>
>>1166020
Well, I did say that would be the last.

>Begin.
>>
>>1166020
>Decontain
>>
>>1166020
>Begin
>>
File: nightmare.png (5KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.png
5KB, 450x450px
Through Legend, the first Memory, Consequence spins an Age of Nightmares.

It and reality were kept together.
But they were not happy neighbors.
The calamity of their split consumes all It meets.
Hungering.
Heedless and needless.

>Dispute Consequence (Argue)
>Return to the Beginning
>Explore
>>
>>1168764
>Argue
This Consequence is described as an Age of Nightmares, as a calamity. Its terrible nature is clear to behold.

Can it truly be said to need no correcting? Perhaps. But I can only think of one reason why, and it would be a terrifying one indeed.
>>
>>1168764
>Explore

We must press onwards undaunted by calamity as there must be something more to this age, an end to it. perhaps the calamity is the prelude to an age of greater suffering or something we do not know and we will not know if we do not explore.
>>
>>1168798
Consequence finds that need or lack thereof comes from the mistake-freed It that is the beginning. And It needs no correcting. It needs much else, and so It takes.

In any case, you are disputing the Legend, which is impossible in an Age. You must dispute Consequence.

--

We will Explore when a majority is satisfied enough with Consequence's account to Dispute it no more.
>>
>>1168991
I was rather disputing the interpretation of the Legend, but I take your explanation.

>Explore.
>>
>>1169013
I see that now.
>>
I'll be lurking. I want to see where this goes.
>>
Of course, what is an Age of Nightmares without something to have them? From a Verse, or perhaps several, Soul is born of Memory and sufficient Consequence.

1. So they were, and are, contained, perhaps. It and reality were kept together.
2. Then It and reality divorced by mistake. But they were not happy neighbors.
3. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became. The calamity of their split consumes all It meets.
4. Seek more. Hungering.
5. It needs no correcting. Heedless and needless.
>>
>>1169213
4.Seek more. Hungering
>>
I think I'll leave this vote open for tonight. You're all free now. Thanks for playing, all.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 282x179px
>>1169213
>2. Then It and reality divorced by mistake. But they were not happy neighbors.
>>
>>1169213
>3. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became. The calamity of their split consumes all It meets.
>>
So Soul arises from somewhere among verses 2 through 4. A majority for where we begin, please.
>>
>>1170976
Guess I'll switch to
>2. Then It and reality divorced by mistake. But they were not happy neighbors.
>>
Between Legend and Consequence, and where things matter by divergence, a Soul is differentiated from Consequence. A Soul of unhappiness.

4 Verses remain.

1. So they were, and are, contained, perhaps. It and reality were kept together.
3. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became. The calamity of their split consumes all It meets.
4. Seek more. Hungering.

>Become Unhappiness
>Read another Verse to Unhappiness
>Read a new Soul
>>
>>1171398
>Read another Verse to Unhappiness
>3. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became. The calamity of their split consumes all It meets.
I think we're all very confused right now.
>>
>>1171621
When in doubt in an Age, Consequence, if not the Legend, can always be Disputed.
>>
>>1171621
>Read a new soul
>>
Next update tomorrow will include both commands. Sorry for the slowness, I have some things to figure out. I need a certain mindset and procedure to make this work.
>>
Read Verse 3, The Soul of Unhappiness becomes the Soul of Catastrophe.
Verse 5 gives rise to the Soul of Want.

Two Verses remain.
4. Seek more. Hungering

Soul of Catastrophe
2. Then It and reality divorced by mistake. But they were not happy neighbors.

Soul of Want
5. It needs no correcting. Heedless and needless. Soul of Want

Visual rendering fell through. We're text-based for now.

>Become a Soul
>Read another Verse to a Soul
>Read a new Soul
>>
>>1176708
Read soul 4
>>
>>1176708
>Read another Verse to a Soul (Catastrophe)
>1. So they were, and are, contained, perhaps. It and reality were kept together.
>>
The twins of Want and Hunger, strong and Primal. They have no equal among Souls this Age or any other.
In reflecting on its origin, Catastrophe becomes Lament.

Soul of Lament
2. Then it and reality divorced by mistake. But they were not happy neighbors.

Soul of Want

Soul of Hunger
4. Seek more. Hungering.

>Become a Soul
>Dispute Consequence
>>
>>1177059
To clarify, if we choose Dispute Consequence here, would we have to argue against the logical connection between a green sentence (Memory?) and its blue follower (Consequence?), or between a Verse or set of Verses and its consequent Soul, or something else entirely?
>>
>>1177118
Any of the above, so long as you provide your reasoning.
>>
>>1177059
>Become the soul of Hunger
>>
>>1177140
>>1177059
Alright then.

>Dispute Consequence
The interpretation previously given for line 5 ("It needs no correcting.") was:
>[...] need or lack thereof comes from the mistake-freed It
>[...] It needs no correcting. It needs much else, and so It takes.

Given that it's clearly stated that it needs much, can It (I assume here that the Consequence refers to It; it hasn't much else to refer to) truly be stated to be needless?

Disregarding that Its heedlessness seems to have no origin within the Legend, Want is something which implies conscious desire. Surely something which is both without thought or need cannot possibly be said to embody Want.
>>
>>1177233
That's true. Fortunately, needless can also be taken as excessive or wanton. If "Heedless and senseless" is acceptable, it will be so.

--

The Soul of Want is not It. All Souls are points of Consequence, and through all of them, It can be felt. What It is is immaterial. Souls arise from It nonetheless.
>>
>>1177557
>>1177233
As for Heedless' origin, that is part of the interpretation of the Legend. The line "...nothing matters before..." was taken as referring to unstoppability, which was then cast across a few relevant Verses.
>>
>>1177557
>>1177649
That seems logical enough. So I suppose the Souls don't embody their Verses so much as they are blank slates to be influenced by them.

There is one other thing which just occurs to me, though:

The word "divorce", from Verse 1, in particular holds the literal meaning of the dissolution of a marriage. In contrast to other synonyms with the meaning of separation, "divorce", specifically, holds the implication of the termination of a failed partnership.

However, to be divorced by mistake would turn the implication on its head; the divorce should never have happened, which would imply that the partnership in question was not actually failed.

Following this interpretation, I would think that It and reality were not, in fact, unhappy neighbors.

There is little about the end of a mutually-harmful relationship that is more calamitous than simply allowing it to continue. But wouldn't the parting of two lovers who were always meant to be together be far more tragic?
>>
>>1177676
That's true also. And there may be room for it even within this Age of Nightmares. With changes to Verses 2 and 3, the Soul of Lament becomes a Lament indeed.

Also testing a format for readability. Both Soul Verse order and Legend are pertinent, but I wonder how much or little is optimal to show.

2. Then it and reality divorced by mistake. Mere neighborhood cannot satisfy.
3. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became. The calamity of their divide consumes all It meets.
4. Seek more. Hungering.
5. It needs no correcting. Heedless and senseless.

Soul of Lament
3. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became. The calamity of their divide consumes all It meets.

Soul of Want

>Soul of Hunger
4. Seek more. Hungering.

>Sorry to make you wait for me to tell you: Prompts tomorrow. Rules expanding. We are Hunger.
>>
It should be known that while Legend and first Consequences have shared lines, they are not one. It is Souls that represent convergence of Memory and Consequence. Format is experimental, but will reflect this in the future. Also, the machinery behind the game should be settled enough for more regular updates.

Legend
1. So they were, and are, contained, perhaps.
2. Then it and reality divorced by mistake.
3. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became.
4. Seek more.
5. It needs no correcting.

Consequence
1. It and reality were kept together.
2. Mere neighborhood cannot satisfy.
3. The calamity of their divide consumes all It meets.
4. Hungering.
5. Heedless and senseless.

Soul of Lament

Soul of Want

>Soul of Hunger
4. Seek more. Hungering.

The Legend is strong in the Soul of Hunger. How will it Continue?

>Into Consequence (line)
>Into a Soul
>>
>>1183295
>Into Consequence, line 1.
>>
>>1183295
Into a soul Heedless and senseless
>>
>>1183594
Soul of hunger
>>
>>1183295
>Into Consequence (line 1)
Sure, let's begin at the beginning.
>>
Soul of Hunger
4. Seek more. Hungering.

Hunger's regard turns to

Consequence
1. It and reality were kept together.

To satisfy Hunger, Consequence 1 will be
>Insinuated into
>Elaborated upon

For now, all Consequence text is black instead of blue.
>>
>>1185342
>Consumed in its entirety, until nothing of it remains

Wait. What? No, that wasn't what I meant to vote for. Ahem.

>Elaborated upon
>>
Consequence
1. It and reality were kept together. The more they gave, the more they got in turn.
4. Hungering.

Hunger adds to a more suitable beginning.

>A Soul Continues into...
>Enter another Age
>Dispute Consequence
>>
>>1185981
>A Soul Continues into...
>2. Mere neighborhood cannot satisfy.
May as well continue through the rest.

Is the intention for us to remain as Hunger until the end of the Age?
>>
>>1186076
Should have mentioned: That's all for Hunger. Only the two remaining Souls can do any Continuing.
>>
>>1186104
Ah. In that case, let it be
>Want Continues into
>3. The calamity of their divide consumes all It meets.
>>
Soul of Want

Want considers Consequence

>Insinuate
>Elaborate
>>
>>1186336
>Elaborate
>>
Consequence
1. It and reality were kept together. The more they gave, the more they got in turn.
2. Mere neighborhood cannot satisfy. Unity is the only right, and it is spoiled now.
4. Hungering.

>Continue Lament into Soul, Consequence
>Enter new Age
>Dispute Consequence

>>1186336
Disregard that blue. This blue is correct, though.
>>
>>1186336
>>1186537
I just realized you had Want elaborate on Consequence 2 instead of 3. I don't mind terribly, though.

Regardless,
>Continue Lament into
>4. Hungering.

This'll be my last post for now.

>Insinuate.
>>
Soul of Lament

Lament considers Consequence
4. Hungering.

... and will see it changed. 3 lines of Legend are at play here, but only one Consequence.

>Mere neighborhood...
>The calamity...
>It and reality...
>>
Was from the first thread, I am so lost right now
>>
>>1187157
Asking is always an option.
>>
>>1187268
what did I miss and what is going on
>>
>>1187409
It seems you've only missed two updates. At this stage of an Age, players prompt the Souls. Hunger was set to Verse 1 of Consequence, Want to 2. The relations should be only slightly opaque. Anything specific?
>>
>>1186789
>It and reality...
>>
>>1186789
>Mere Neighborhood
>>
>>1186789
>It and reality...
>>
Lament's nostalgia decides a more fitting form for Verse 4.

Consequence
2. Mere neighborhood cannot satisfy. Unity is the only right, and it is spoiled now.
4. Dissolving the loss.

>Enter a new Age
>Dispute Consequence
>>
>>1189755
>Enter a new Age
I'm curious what happens if we read all the Verses to the same Soul.
>>
Legend and Consequence
1. So they were, and are, contained, perhaps. It and reality were kept together. The more they gave, the more they got in turn.
2. Then it and reality divorced by mistake. Mere neighborhood cannot satisfy. Unity is the only right, and it is spoiled now.
4. Seek more. Dissolving the loss.

Soul of Lament

Soul Want

Soul of Hunger
4. Seek more. Hungering.

Thus comes the Second Age of Nightmares.

>A Verse is Read
>A Soul Continues
>Dispute
>>
>>1189898
>A verse is read
>>
>>1189898
>A Soul Continues
>Want into Verse 5. Elaborating.
Curiouser and curiouser. I want to see what happens here.

Incidentally, can we Read a Verse to its own corresponding Soul?
>>
>>1189949
Which?
>>
Verses of Legend and Consequence
1. So they were, and are, contained, perhaps. It and reality were kept together. The more they gave, the more they got in turn.
2. Then it and reality divorced by mistake. Mere neighborhood cannot satisfy. Unity is the only right, and it is spoiled now.
5. It needs no correcting. Heedless and senseless. Give or be taken!

Consequence
4. Dissolving the loss.
5. Heedless and senseless. Give or be taken!

Soul of Lament

Soul of Want

Soul of Hunger
4. Seek more. Hungering.

Want knows Want best.

>A Verse is Read
>A Soul Continues
>Dispute
>>
>>1190313
>A Verse is Read
>Verse 1. New Soul.
At once, I want to have all five Verses read to a single blank Soul, but also to read the current altered iteration of Verse 4 to Hunger.

I want to insinuate Want into Verse 5 too, but that has to come later.

And yet I still have no idea where we are headed with all this.
>>
Memory and Consequence become Soul. Consequence upon Consequence becomes Memory.

Soul of Harmony

>A Verse is Read
>A Soul Continues
>Another Age comes.
>Dispute

Previous update's particulars all still apply.
>>
>>1191317
>A Verse is Read
>Verse 2 to Harmony
This cannot possibly go wrong.
>>
The Legend is retraced in the terms of the Age.

Soul of Outrage

>A Verse is Read (3-5 remain)
>A Soul Continues (Soul or Consequence)
>Another Age comes.
>Dispute
>>
>>1191429
>A Verse is Read
>Verse 3 to Outrage
I should probably vote to do something with the other Souls before the Age is over, huh.
>>
>1. So they were, and are, contained, perhaps. It and reality were kept together. The more they gave, the more they got in turn.
>2. Then it and reality divorced by mistake. Mere neighborhood cannot satisfy. Unity is the only right, and it is spoiled now.
>3. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became. The calamity of their divide consumes all It meets.
5. It needs no correcting. Heedless and senseless. Give or be taken!

Consequence
4. Dissolving the loss.
5. Heedless and senseless. Give or be taken!

Soul of Lament

Soul of Want

>Soul of Hunger
4. Seek more. Hungering.

Soul of Wretchedness

A latter sister of Lament.

>A Verse is Read (4, 5 remain)
>A Soul Continues (into Soul or Consequence)
>Another Age comes.
>Dispute
>>
>>1191541
>A Verse is Read
>Verse 4 to Wretchedness
You knew this was coming.
>>
Wretchedness becomes Emptiness. Rumblings from Legend 5.

>A Verse is Read (5 remains)
>Another Age comes.
>Dispute
>>
>>1191582
>A Soul Continues
>Hunger into Verse 5. Elaborating.
Didn't expect I'd do this all of a sudden, did you?

Well, neither did I.
>>
>1. So they were, and are, contained, perhaps. It and reality were kept together. The more they gave, the more they got in turn.
>2. Then it and reality divorced by mistake. Mere neighborhood cannot satisfy. Unity is the only right, and it is spoiled now.
>3. Now, nothing matters before that mistake and the beginning It became. The calamity of their divide consumes all It meets.
>4. Seek more. Dissolving the loss.
5. It needs no correcting. Give or be taken! All things that grow in the cracks.

Consequence
4. Dissolving the loss.
5. Give or be taken! All things that grow in the cracks.

Soul of Lament

>Soul of Want

>Soul of Hunger
4. Seek more. Hungering.

Soul of Emptiness

Hunger has other tastes.

That's all for tonight. New thread upon new Age. Feel free to ask questions, though interpretation may be best done between fellow players.
>>
>A Verse is Read (5 remains)
>Another Age comes.
>Dispute
>>
>>1191773
>A Soul Continues
>Lament into Verse 5, insinuating with 'It and reality'.

For convenience, my intention is to read Verse 5 to Emptiness after.
>>
>>1191781
Do you know how to get

'it needs no correcting' and 'it and reality were kept together'
>>
>>1191793
Not sure what you mean by this. Come again?
>>
>>1191770
>Feel free to ask questions

alright, What The Hell?
>>
>>1192025
The Hell of What, naturally. You must make of it what you can. Make an assumption and you may find questions easier to ask.
>>
>>1191823
>Read Verse 5 to emptiness
>>
>>1193084
that question was real easy to ask
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.