[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bygone Bloodhounds Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8115.jpg (44KB, 630x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8115.jpg
44KB, 630x360px
You strike the match along the red side of the small match box and watch as it comes to life. You press your lips together and touch the flame to the end of your cigarette with a open hand to hold off the slight wind. A habit you've only recently picked up. You stuff the box back into your breast pocket of your overcoat as you listen to two officers standing near. The first officer scoffs, ".. look at this place. Third time this month. Real mess."

The other one nods and points over to the center of a circle of effigies where a young woman lies strewn out and naked. "They've all been dames... you read the report? Probably moving to New York now. Been that way since it started down with the ruebens in Florida."

"Thought it was Carolina. Must be a real cake eater either way."

"Can't be. Canceled stamps don't count."

"Heard what the paper's calling him?"

"Yeah. Some imagination."

"Would make sense, right? A group would come in and sacrifice some poor sap and display their work."

"But it's just one guy. Besides, cultist or not whatever his idea of freedom of religion is real hokum." The two officers continue to talk but it turns back to the lady in red laying center stage. You silently observe as the New Jersey police department works to document the scene and to inspect any evidence. They set cameras and take pictures of each angle. Your cigarette begins to burn your lips before you spit it out and step on it with a heel. Real mess.
>>
File: IMG_8110.jpg (60KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8110.jpg
60KB, 700x875px
>>1162081

"Detective Norval. Good you've came down. Where is detective McMilligan?" A man calls out to you and clasps your hand with both of his and shakes it roughly but thankfully with a quickness.

"Had to take care of some things. Thanks for bringing me along. Station up north in New York owes you guys one." You say as you shuffle through your overcoat passing over your badge to find a single sheet of paper and produce it to the man before you. On the paper are a series of serial codes for the pictures within the evidence lockers. You've spoken with this man before but only through the phone. He's Sargent Bonnet of the New Jersey department out of Jersey city & Newark. Mostly a man of few words but he seems on good terms with McMilligan.

"Ah.. I expected as much. We brought it with us since this is the third case. That.. cultist's style isn't to stick around in one place for long. Maybe the winter will slow him down," the Sargent says as he snaps his fingers at a few officers standing near a ford.
>>
This looks good
>>
>>1162082
They open the trunk and find a metal case with handles on the sides and one on the top. The Sargent sifts through his suit coat before shrugging and walking over to the car. Walking back and brandishing a key he says, "our boys couldn't find much from these pictures except the poor dames names which might be useful. Must be some freak who's into dolls with blonde hair."

————————•|||||

What do you do?

>[A] "You mind if I take a look around?"
>[B] "Have anything more than just pictures and names?"
>[C] "Thanks for your help Sargent Bonnet. I need to go find McMilligan. It was his deal with you anyways."
>[D] ( write in )

————————•|||||

Welcome to the Bygone Bloodhounds Quest!

The rules are simple but still need to be explained. Majority votes win and if we need to roll I will state it. Rolls are always the best out of three and critical rolls are taken either way. Everything else but combat is a 1d100 and combat is 3d10. If anyone has any questions OOC then I will answer them after the written part just like this or within the discord server.

Twitter: @Kov_QM
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/XumPZQq

I apologize in advance as I'm writing all of this on my phone so there are bound to be problems so bear with me.
>>
>>1162085
>[A] "You mind if I take a look around?"
>>
>>1162085
A )look around
>>
>>1162085
A
>>
>>1162098
>>1162111
>>1162113

Writing!
>>
>>1162085
"You mind?" you say as you point your arm toward the center of the room.

"Go ahead," the Sargent says before turning to one of the other officers before nodding to you. You run your hand across your face slowly as if to check for stubble as you turn to the mess in the center. A parking lot. Couldn't be bolder. Damn bump's fearless. You look around the practically empty parking lot except for the officers you'd suppose this guy came here at night since the lot's near a nifty diner or so you hear. You take a step closer to the sprawled out body and you can tell she too has blonde hair like the rest of the poor girls this demon got his hands on.

You crouch down and push your coat behind as you poke the red circle with your bare hand. Blood. Or at least something near it. You smell the iron in it and frown. Two circles of this red substance surrounds the girl with five metal spikes on the outer circle. Lines of the same red connect each spike to form a macabre star with the doll in the center and a sixth pole through her. Some strength. Metal protrudes straight from the concrete. On each spike are effigies doused in the same foul red. One nearest has a crying face with wire keeping it onto the pole another has an angry face. If you could guess each one has a different face.

You stand from your crouch and fold your arms after you wipe off your hand. "Some portrait huh?"

You turn to see your Irish senior, McMilligan. His fading red beard is his hallmark look. He's twenty years your senior and is as Irish as they come a real hard-boiled detective. You shake your head and pat your coat to dust it off before saying, "Some sicko's fantasy."

"We'll catch him. Can't be long till he slips and when he does.." he trails off as he stares blankly at the girl. "Heaven's sake least we can do is let her keep her modesty," he sighs, "You find anything?"

————————•|||||

What do you do?

>[A] "Just what you can see. Need to take a closer look."
>[B] "Lines are blood. Doubt it's all just this girls though. Nobody has that much."
>[C] "Not much.. he probably used some tool for the spikes though. Either that or he's a real bimbo."
>[D] ( write in )
>>
>>1162184
>[B] "Lines are blood. Doubt it's all just this girls though. Nobody has that much."
I'm not sure why he would do it here of all places unless he wanted it to be found.
>>
>>1162214
Writing!
>>
>>1162184
"Lines seem to be blood. If it is then it's not all the dolls. Nobody has that much in them," you say as you look back to the circles. "Doubt anyone would donate freely."

"Aye, attaboy," he exclaims as he pats you firmly on the back. "Missing persons perhaps?"

He folds his large arms and places one under his chin. You look back to the girl. Her stomach a busted lasagna cake spilling at the seems. Straight through. You step closer mindlessly and crouch near the body and McMilligan follows at the heel. You run your eyes across her thin body. The smell is unbearable. Gagging, you take a handkerchief and place it over your mouth and nose but McMilligan does not. You look to her golden hair which lays out like silk untouched by the filth around it.

"That's not right. Body smells awful," McMilligan says dully. You raise your eyebrow slightly and the detective then tries to explain. "She couldn't of been killed in the last day. She was probably moved here though the blood is fresh."

He seems to have accepted your observation as he looks to the girl's face. It looks surprisingly happy. Intensely so. Her face, some twisted form of a smile, stares blankly into the ceiling. Her open eyes void yet blue like the summer sky.

————————•|||||

What do you do?

>[A] Step back to breathe and to see if this man left something about.
>[B] Take a closer look at the body perhaps it tells a different story.
>[C] Try to see what Detective McMilligan is thinking.
>[D] Take a step back and leave after thanking Sargent Bonnet.
>[E] ( write in )
>>
>>1162345
>Perhaps she was drugged. Maybe a night club or party? Happens all the time and it seems she was pretty happy when it happened.
>>
>>1162345
Take a look for any possible drug injection sites and cause of death.
>[C] Try to see what Detective McMilligan is thinking.
>>
>>1162367
It was likely ingested if it a drug or more. She wouldnt have seen it coming and she should have been happy before she was killed. Her smile is mollified. The drug ecstasy?
>>
>>1162345

>[E] ( write in )
Check the spikes, when someone put them in the force and angle tells much about the tool and force necesary.
>>
>>1162367
This
>>
>>1162365
>>1162367
>>1162377
>>1162403

Writing!
>>
>>1162345
You move your face closer to the girl's unmoving corpse. It lies still as if a play was about to start in anxious yet thrilled wait. You move to look at her hands which neither carry a band and her nails seem oddly unkept with dirt underneath each. Shaking your head McMilligan comments, "Her hair looks different from the rest of her. It's all dolled up."

You too notice it looked different from what the rest of the body but it's more like it is unnaturally clean in contrast to the grim canvas before you. You absently return to looking at her face and find it disturbingly calming. You furrow your brows and inspect her arms. Though the dimly lit lot shrouds some with the dark red ink spilled across you can still see it to be thin. You can see the veins almost stand away from the skin as if straining to move or have been moving quite a bit. You bow your head and look to the girl's stomach which is ripped open as if from back to front the spike was moved with intensity unseen. Following the plow up the face sits atop with a sneer to taunt again wrapped in wire.

The girl's entrails spilling across her torso almost keeping her modesty but revealing all. You take a pen from your breast pocket and lift one of the long tubes spewing out. Though it is faint you do notice a thin line on her stomach. A scar that runs down the mid torso hidden in viscera. You follow the line across the chasm and find an identical one near her hip.

Though the surrounding blood seems to be fluid-like the amount found on her entrails is almost gelatinous and sticks together. You shake your head and drop the intestine back down. You turn to McMilligan and in a muffled voice you say, "What do you make of it?"

"She's dirty," he says plainly. "And yet her hair is clean. The girl was probably in the midst of something tense and the.. ahem.. cultist had his way with her. He must of liked her but that can't be since he's a bit far from home." You nod slowly and stand as he speaks.

"Passion," Sargent Bonnet calls out to you two with his hands on his hips. "This fella is a man of passion."

————————•|||||

Shit.
Well I'm going to have to end it here for tonight.

I was at least hoping to end with the minimum of seven or eight updates. Sorry for the very short run today but I will be running tomorrow so if you haven't already then I recommend you to follow me on something to stay updated. I'll probably have a character sheet some time later.
>>
>>1162571
Thanks for the brun boss, cheers
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.