[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qsg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 516
Thread images: 78

File: questgeneral.jpg (40KB, 370x346px) Image search: [Google]
questgeneral.jpg
40KB, 370x346px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's.

Older thread: >>73200

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/x6BqaJ7r
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels (half-dead):
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (going well so far):
https://discord.gg/0zE5SDpEB4RQRNyY

>QM question:
What do you if monkeys spoil your quests?

>Player question:
What is the worst quest you played so far?
>>
The quality of quests so far dont are cool.
>>
>>106218
>Time to shill
Genocide quest >>93296
A quest about the harsh realities of war, and one man's plight to deal with them.
About to engage in a massive conflict with the last update, feedback, suggestions, contribution all greatly appreciated.

>player question
Donut quest. Funny at first, but honestly terrible.

>QM question
can you rephrase the question? Spoil as in make filthy, or spoil as in reveal future events. Although iv experienced neither, but most likely would just ignore?
>>
Sorry for being a faggot, but meta-threads are against the rules according to sticky.
>>
>>106282
Someone said something similar before. Nothing happened. Also, the "test thread" still exists.
>>
I'm looking to start a quest sometime soon, and I was hoping for some feedback on the idea.

My idea is sort of a mythological Norse quest, with the protagonist being from the modern era. He/She tries fighting back against a mugger, and ends up getting stabbed. Due to having technically died fighting, this makes them eligible for entering Valhalla.

Upon waking up there, they're surrounded by legendary Norse heroes, all training to one day fight in Ragnarok. The structure of the quest would fluctuate between trying to get the protagonist to not suck in combat quite so much, and training up a warband of sorts to go on merry adventures with.

So, does that sound like something that anyone would be interested in?
>>
>>106282
>I'm one of the idiots who wanted you on this board and I want to make it impossible for you guys to keep this board alive so quests can be banned on /tg/ and here.
Get out.
>>
>>106314
The premise sounds solid, but personally id wait until you posted it and a few responses to jump in.
>>
Someone should make a quest based on this picture.
>>
>>106324
That's fair, yeah.
>>
>>106314
Deepnds on if the character goes to Odin or to Freya.
>>
>>106314
I vaguely recall some pseudo-Ragnarok happening in a different quest, and the MC realizes he's the reincarnation of Odin or some shit.

This sounds better structured.
>>
>>106218
Let the previous thread die before creating a new one.
>A faggot
Oh.
>>
I miss Richard and his Cultural Evo Civ
Also the guy from the Jojo quest where we fought a bird and our stand was Hurricane something
Also the one where we were a penis shaped god creating the universo.
Also the post apocalíptic one whre you choose a class and we were once a pacewalker bugman and a spaceman and other things.
The only really good quest that survived this long as far as I remember/know is the date one (check it, is pretty cool)
>>
>>106376
Fate one*
>>
>>106336
Well, that would probably depend on whether the protagonist wants to be sneaky and magical, or buff and smashy. Being in Valhalla means being allied with Odin, at least initially, but that's not to say you couldn't leave and switch sides.
>>
>>106247
With spoil i mean ruin the thread, sorry for my bad
english.
>>
>>106412
in that case, yeah i just haven't been doing QM's enough to experience the situation.
>>
File: 1461290331766.jpg (61KB, 552x418px) Image search: [Google]
1461290331766.jpg
61KB, 552x418px
so uh

I'm kinda afraid to ask but

is Crusty dead
>>
>>106416
Hey you nigger, get back on that genocide shit
>>
>>106433
I'm just over here during the voting periods.
generally takes 5 minutes for the first vote to pop after i drop an update.
>>
>>106424
Everyone is dead, even if it is only on the inside.
>>
File: huh.jpg (16KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
16KB, 500x283px
>>106218

what are some of the best ways to have players choose between options? I've seen
>first to vote
>highest roll (of arbitrary number of rolls)
>first to a sum of rolls
>first to number of votes

Are there any more, and which works best?
>>
>>106610
I use a selection of options, with Write Ins takign precedence and being accepted always. I tally the votes, and with certain smarter MCs allow the players to combine two choices or, in one exceptional case, as many as they deem needful).

I've always found rolling for options to be awfully arbitrary, and it really only works well in quests where the options are inherently not dangerous.
>>
>>106646

If you use option selection with write-ins, then how do setbacks and failures occur? Without a rolling system, can there be an element of risk?
>>
I have think, why the fucking hell this board is a creative board? dont suppose to be other?
>>
>>106651
As the author the control is ultimately yours. You don't have to act strictly based on rolls. you can present people with less than favourable options that seem good on paper, but backfire in your update.
It really depends on the problem, and the options given to resolve it. Just think about your day to day life. Not all of your plans always work out how you imagine them right? is your main character smart enough to adapt on the fly? there's really to many variables to give a good answer.

You don't have to tie yourself down to any one thing. just be open to feedback and experiment,
>>
>>106610
majority votes. always majority votes.

literally anything else is invariably shit.
>>
>>106664

I was thinking of a system where you present a bunch of options, but with target numbers to beat, like this:

-------------
Violence (50)
Subterfuge (30)
Diplomacy (70)
Opt out
Other/write in
-------

Players pick one, I roll for it. Over time, "xp" would just be getting simple +1 or +3 bonuses to different rolls. So characters that like to use violence a lot would get lower targets for those options.

Is that too complex you think?
>>
>>106651
The same way that they do in any RPG. The QM has to decide what and where and when they would be appropriate and how they works, and make it clear in their writing that such things can happen. In other words, invisible railroads.

In all truth, it's a style that only works in a quest where things are not cut and dried and easily defined mechanics. You can lay out simple, basic, 'follow this path to success' but ultimately those kinds of choice setups can be very boring. Sandbox style votes are harder to do well, but if you can do them, the players tend to be filtered down to the sort who can take a kick or a punch or even a failure and still move forward.

It is worth noting most successful quests run off of either a silk based rolling setup, or a sandbox style vote setup.
>>
>>106688
silk=skill. Stupid autocorrect.

>>106681
Prepare to have them choose diplomacy every single time. It has the highest success rate and players don't like failure, in addition to always choosing diplomacy if they can.
>>
>>106681
presenting DCs beforehand encourages rollplaying and discourages independent thought. you'd basically be telling them the easy path to take by default.
>>
>>106690

the targets would change in every situation. Violence is easier sometimes, stealth other times, diplomacy other times. They aren't fixed.

>>106692
Good point. Hmmm.
>>
I want to make my quest somewhat difficult, but don't want to include permadeath of the MC. My quest will be in more of an episodic format with MC going around and going something every once in a while.

Is there a good way to do this? Perhaps introducing a stat/level based system where you can't do certain quests unless you're above x level, and upon death you drop back to level 1? Or would that be really annoying to players?
>>
>>106703
Crippling injury that can only be healed by giving up one of their next level up points or some kind of story element.
>>
>>106703
Players take losses really hard. Certain players Vaelys will shitpost in your quest and downvote the archives with bots if you allow the MC to fail or suffer consequences that aren't explicitly spelled out (which means the "correct" choices must be spelled out).

You have to decide how much abuse you're willing to weather until your players get the hang of how you run your game.

Just like TTRPGs really.
>>
>>106703
The best thing I can think of (besides story reasons) to introduce a level of difficulty is if failure results in losing an item or tool. This means that every object the player can pick up has to have a high level of importance.

So instead of something like
>This sword deals 2 more damage than that sword
You'll need to make them interesting like
>This sword can set things on fire
>This spear can paralyze people
>>
what happened to that /a/ quest where you stay with your aunt and her autistic daughter. It was getting good when MC brought a delinquent girl to a home dinner
>>
So... status update? Is the board already dying? Has anyone heard whether quests are finally going to get pushed here from /tg/?

I'm sure I can make do, it's the not knowing that's irritating.
>>
>>108146
As of yet, the board is clinging to a semblance of life, and quests are not getting shoved out of /tg/.

Player base still sucks ass.
>>
>>106703
Prosthetics are extremely common, and after each episode MC spends mula to get bits replaced. Skill/stats related to a limb get decreased and severely limited in growth.

You go through a lot of MCs.

You go through a lot of NPCs.

You go through a lot of mons.

MC has a strict number of lives that never increases.
>>
>>106610
The most common choice is as >>106666 said, majority wins. It's got its downsides (for example, /tg/ often saw escalating attempts at samefag votes during particularly active threads), but it helps all the participants to feel like they're contributing.

First to X methods can discourage reading the whole update before voting. Highest roll can lead some to try to samefag in an attempt to vote again. First to roll within X range can lead to the results feeling very random; not necessarily a problem, especially for one-shot quests, but it can really start standing out the longer the quest goes on.

>>106692
>>106699
Well, the easiest path isn't necessarily the most ideal. For example, maybe negotiating with or bribing some thugs is easier than fighting them, but that could lead to them being a continued nuisance for the MC or allies in the future.
>>
>>108209
I've been considering a dice voting system focused around doubles.

Roll 2d3
double 2s count as 2 votes
double 3s count as 3 votes
all others count as 1 votes
votes are additive

not really seriously tipping the balance, just a quirky thing to take passive amusement on.
>>
>>108241
What's the actual purpose of your dice rolling system?
>>
>>108259
what?

make a vote sometimes more than 1 vote. Some people just like rolling dice, so even the voting process will be entertaining for them, even if it's shallow. Don't tip things too far such that people stop wanting to vote once a high number is rolled.

Encourage people to stop and read other people's write-ins since they're waiting for roll results before voting.
>>
>>108241
This sounds retarded so it's perfect the quality of quests on this board.
>>
>>108241
>>108286
It's fuel for a shitstorm, though.

People don't like it when their vote is considered less than another person's. It's even worse when the determining factor is as arbitrary as dice.
>>
>>108310
hold on there
> It's even worse when the determining factor is as arbitrary as dice
as opposed to...? First to X? Was there another method I didn't know about?
>>
>>108330
I meant the determining factor for how much a vote is worth.

Imagine if you had to vote for a new President or whatever, and you were told afterwards that Billy McFuckingidiot with an IQ of 2, who had voted for a candidate other than yours, had his vote count as 20 people because he rolled a "Yes" on a Magic 8-ball while your vote counted as half a person because you got a "No".
>>
>>108330
>as opposed to...? First to X? Was there another method I didn't know about?
First vote whose post number end in X, or whose roll is X, decides what happens next.

Here's an example:
>>43457
>>
Why are you guys doing voting systems that aren't 'Majority within a time limit'?

Are you bored with it or want to be a special snowflake or what?
>>
>>108386
Because they're crazy anon
Because they're crazy
>>
>>108310
>>108364
wait, you're telling me that timing your post in a general attempt to get it to end on a specific post number is BETTER than arbitrary dice?

Okay, I'll take that in advisement.

>>108359
the average vote has a value of....4/3. Hmm. I suppose that IS a tad high when most only get a value of 1.
>>
>>106218
update "Useful links" pastebin please.

>FAQ
>> /qu/ on 4chan when?
>Never.

>[How to Start a Quest]
Doesn't tell to say: how you choose votes, your timezone/how often you plan to update
>>
>>108465
Give me links to add and i update.
>>
>>108465
/qu/ still hasn't happened, why would it need to be updated?
>>
>>108453
>wait, you're telling me that timing your post in a general attempt to get it to end on a specific post number is BETTER than arbitrary dice?
I was just trying to answer the question about there being another method.

But that said, yeah, it's worse. Mostly because it's a compromise between two diametrically opposed options, performing a democratic process and resulting in a non-democratic result.
>>
>It takes around 2 days to get to page 11

This board is fucking dead.
>>
File: 82641927510.jpg (177KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
82641927510.jpg
177KB, 792x792px
>Tfw quests died with /qst/.
>Tfw I love writing stories, with or without anons, and I can't stop.
>Tfw I've lowered myself to writing stories on /r/HFY just to stratch my writing itch.
Sometimes I cry myself to sleep.
>>
>>108990
Despite what people say, you can stil post quests on /tg/.
>>
>>109018
We're too divided.
>>
>>108961
Maybe there just aren't enough "That Guy" and "Elf slave wat do" shitpost threads on /qst/ to make it seem active.
>>
>>108386
New QMs discovering the format.
>>
>>108961
>>108990

Just give it some time, you faggots. There's plenty of good quests with decent players up.

I'm having a lot of fun with Jara and the Valley of Secrets, but it helps a lot that OP is a pretty talented drawfag.
>>
>>109062
D E A D
E
A
D
>>
File: 1457203144685.jpg (866KB, 800x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1457203144685.jpg
866KB, 800x1289px
>>108209

It's sounding to me like the consensus is the less structured, the better. I can get behind that, I am just concerned that if I wanted players to occasionally fail, suffer losses, etc, they would feel cheated if I just said that's what happened with no roll to accompany it.
>>
>>109062
dude, don't bother. these people will always say that a new board is dead if it doesn't have like a hundred thousand posters in 30 minutes, or some ridiculous shit like that. Honestly, i'm enjoying alot of the threads/quest posted here, mainly Towergirls, The Digimon one, and the one with the mutated waifu dolls. I Just which there were more that were D&D type stuff, with multiple anons being different characters with various races/stats and abilities. the only ones that are like that are the pineapple man one, and another one that's happening right now, but their slots are closed, and the pineapple man one doesn't start till the fucking weekend (According to OP).
>>
File: Deus-Ex.jpg (64KB, 650x339px) Image search: [Google]
Deus-Ex.jpg
64KB, 650x339px
>>87864

Cyberpunk Detective is back in the same thread once again if anyone's interested. Fairly certain it's in autosage though, since it's been on page 4 all day.
>>
>>109171
>I Just which there were more that were D&D type stuff, with multiple anons being different characters with various races/stats and abilities.
That's not a quest though...
>>
>>109214
excuse me?
what the fuck counts as a quest then?
>>
>>109221
Many people controlling a single character.

You know the common point between all quests.
>>
>>109171
>I Just which there were more that were D&D type stuff, with multiple anons being different characters with various races/stats and abilities.

That's just online tabletop.
>>
>>109221
This is a actual rpg anon playthrough, not quest.

Quest is one character with is controled by multiple anons, by rol and etc.

Homever, semeone could start a RPG playthrough, but nobody do.
>>
File: 1284029741023.gif (3MB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
1284029741023.gif
3MB, 400x255px
>>109221
>>
>>109221
If I remember correctly, on /tg/ the things you're talking abut were called Skirmishes.
>>
>>109221
>>109235
>>109243
>>109264
We need to combine skirmishes with evolution/civilization games.
>>
>>109289
>we

The opportunity lies before you, anon.
>>
>>109289
And then give them their own board! NOTHING COULD GO WRONG!
>>
>>109289

Why YOU dont do this?
>>
>>109302
I'm already working on a skirmishy game, but I can add in cultural and biological evolution if people want.
>>
>>109347
Well, it's not something I'm overly interested in. Sounds kinda cool, but I have other things I'm more into.
>>
Alright people. What are the typical features of an Anime quest?
>>
>>109417
Taking place in an anime preestablished setting.
>>
>>109417
At least one Hot-Blooded character.
And images of characters from many different shows being renamed and reused for your characters.
s
And a tsundere.
And Waifu Wars.
>>
I know that not every quest is a "legit" quest, but damn it sucks when the QM just ups and disappears. Do they crack under pressure after realizing that people are waiting for them to make progress?
>>
>>109457
I know I would.

Responsibility is fucking scary, and if it isn't necessary to your continued life, why bother. That's why it's important to respect your QM's while you have them.
>>
>>109471
>That's why it's important to respect your QM's while you have them.
Countless QM's have left because players treated them poorly or their threads were dead silent between updates and votes. It saddens me to know that so many players doesn't know this and there's a lot who knows it, but takes it for granted.

Having a good quest to play and follow isn't a right, it's a privilege.
>>
>>109457
This is exactly why I'm taking my time to figure out the best way to approach things. ATM it seems like my schedule best allows for running something on Mondays or Tuesdays, but I haven't gotten a good feel for how long I need to be available for, or how focused I need to be on the thread and how consistent that focus needs to be.
>>
>>109264
>>109243
>>109241
okay, so where CAN i play this type of stuff?
sorry for the questions, i'm kinda new to this whole thing.
>>
>>109496
roll20 is a good place to start. You can also ask /tg/ about it, but it might get deleted.
>>
>>109471
I mean I wouldn't start unless I had some sort of plan, but if I really wanted to quit I think It would be nice to just say your are abandoning ship.
>>109487
Dead air can happen between updates, but a QM could maybe try to get something going with a short post to the players.
>>109489
Well good luck with your quest. If you plan too much stuff do you think you can handle when players take things in unexpected directions?
>>
>>109536
>but a QM could maybe try to get something going with a short post to the players.
If they're not putting in effort or interest to discuss something between updates, they sure as hell won't do it with the help of a meta post from the QM in the middle of his quest.
>>
>>109536
I'm actually not worried about the content side of things - it's mostly the time commitment part I'm trying to plan for. I've been playing tabletops for long enough to know how to handle unexpected happenings.
>>
>>106746
Vaelys still quests? What happened to the other notable readers? NiceDaemonette? LolWut? Who am I forgetting.
>>
>>110087
I remember this one guy who kept namefagging as Sleepyanon and I think a tripfag called Clowny something

I haven't seen any of those people in /qst/ yet though
>>
>>110111
>Sleepyanon
He's cool. Seen him around in /qst/, but not as often as I used to see him in /tg/.

I still hate Vaelys.
>>
>>110111

Sleepyanon never actually tripped and gave thoughtful write-ins so he's cool in my book
>>
>>110087
they can all fuck off and die. namefags are the worst.
>>
>>109289
>>109302
>>109313
I remember this one thread where anons chose different races. It was a multi-civ thread where I played giants after an anon left and another guy played insects. it was pretty cool till the OP disappeared.
>>
What are some of the most typical and cliché companions you could find in an anime quest?
>>
>>110596
Chicks with big tits. like extremely huge.
>>
Has anyone ever (successfully) done a fanquest? Y'know, using an existing IP and running a quest with its setting?

I'm planning on ripping off the setting of something I saw
>>
>>110636
Well, duh, of course. Welcome to questing, newfriend.
>>
>>110636
Shinigami Savant is pretty good, if somewhat railroaded.
>>
>>110636
>I'm planning on ripping off the setting of something I saw
Stop planning stuff and read some quests instead.
>>
Well didn't get it started some time ago like I wanted too, but I will starting the first run of Champion's Quest tomorrow.

My twitter in case you want to catch it: https://twitter.com/_CQM_

I probably will be starting around 4-5pm -7 PDT.
>>
>>109132
The trick here is that players should fail on their own merits, and feel as if something they're experiencing is a result of their actions. You don't necessarily "want" your players to fail or suffer a loss, but if you give them control of their own fate, inevitably they will in some way. Depending on the theme and tone of your quest, they may find failure a lot more often than you're comfortable with as a QM... But it always needs to be something they bring upon themselves.

For good examples of this done right, check out some of Riz's stuff like Valen Quest, or FoxFire.

For good examples of this done wrong, check out the Zoe incident from Crusader Quest. I think it's archived in Reviewanon's review of it in decent detail.
>>
>>110730
The Zoe incident, as you say, was only a shitstorm because of the hot button nature of the consequence, and admittedly, of the way it was presented.

And frankly, I disagree with the premise. No player will outright choose a choice labeled as failure (discounting /b/tards here). They will make a choice that the QM will then interpret, I don't find that more interesting or "fair" than a bad dice roll.
>>
>>110753
A good QM drops tidbits (or pageloads, with some) of information, which the players have to pay attention to. Remember Nuking the Void in Banished? That was probably my favorite instance of player failure.

People already knew void entities ate vys, and decided to blast a fuckhuge portal spewing legions of horrorterrors with ungodly amounts of pure vys. The result made everything worse in terms of the battle, but prevented a shitstorm by being intensely interesting, transforming the landscape into an anisotropic hellscape and spawning forth more bizarre shit for the protagonist to slay while riding his draconic son.
>>
>>108990
>>109496

discord.me/jttrpg
Join an RPG group. Link related, they constantly make new groups to join.
>>
Anyone got any good suggestions for a power a young shonen protagonist could have or strive to obtain?
>>
File: 1461167617592.png (54KB, 298x316px) Image search: [Google]
1461167617592.png
54KB, 298x316px
>>110790
can't go wrong with punching. or magic. or punching with magic.
>>
File: 1344510130331.jpg (9KB, 150x263px) Image search: [Google]
1344510130331.jpg
9KB, 150x263px
>>110790
>>
>>110812
So a variant of every single Shonen hero's power?

>>110816
If it was a smut quest, sure...
>>
>>110819
How about the power to "stop"?
It's vague enough that you can do a lot with it at higher levels and simple enough that it has obvious applications at lower levels eg freezing shit.
>>
File: 1422137043102.gif (930KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1422137043102.gif
930KB, 448x252px
>>110832
>Yfw it turns into a smut quest at a super high level when the MC can stop time and fuck someone that can't resist it.
>>
>>110838
Sure, or if you like for the final page the hero could level up high enough to "stop" his adventure.
>>
File: 1441361927550.gif (2MB, 390x220px) Image search: [Google]
1441361927550.gif
2MB, 390x220px
>>110819
yup. nothing wrong with a tried and true concept, since we already see both tired cliches and outlandish concepts done both really good and really poorly all the time. in the end, it all depends on the execution; the key difference is that with things that are done more often, you can easily pinpoint what tends to go right and what doesn't, making it far easier for a fledgling writer to pull it off.

so unless you're a literary celebrity or have a really good idea you're attached to, my advice is to stick with the straightforward option. take it or leave it. no skin off my back.
>>
>>110841
A young boy destined (read: forced) to go on a Grand adventure alongside selective companions that will change the world, and fight evil with his fists and follow his heroic principle all while complaining that he really just wants to go home. He's collecting magic from items used by Evil Masters and storing it within him to be able to use the only "power" he was born with:

The power to Stop his adventure.
>>
>>110860
Hey, I'd gladly participate
>>
>>110859
I guess I could change magic to something more tangible, like elements?
>>
>>110866
no. you may not. I won't allow it.

why the fuck are you asking for permission
>>
>>109439
>At least one Hot-Blooded character.
Not all anime characters are hot blooded, anon.
Mahouka quest when.
>>
>>110871
>Mahouka quest
railroaded by the protag
would be a trainwreck
>>
>>110870
Less asking for permission and more throwing the suggestion out there.
>>
>>110871
>MC has 5 main high-tier spells
>MC has 20 different variations that you don't know about.
>Everyone has 40 more
>initiative is everything
>modifiers only affect initiative
Try not to die
>>
>>110875
I wasn't actually serious about it, but I think it could work if done by a good QM. Could be far better than the anime.
>>
>>106610
>and which works best?
Majority vote, please. Don't do anything else.
>>
File: 1447975745.png (10KB, 387x447px) Image search: [Google]
1447975745.png
10KB, 387x447px
Oh! How about the Shonen MC is living in a world where everyone has powers but him (and possibly a few others) and through HARD WORK, the support of his FRIENDS, and his DREAM, he will work his way up from an average human with better-than-average stamina/physical attributes to near One-Punch Man status?
>>
>>110937
You mean Princess Guard Quest where Rhineholdt actually succeeds at being worthwhile?
>>
>>110937
I don't recall OPM getting his strength from Friednship or Aspirations.
>>
File: WGjMBa0.png (87KB, 444x431px) Image search: [Google]
WGjMBa0.png
87KB, 444x431px
>>110937
>>
>>110940
I guess so? Never read it.

>>110942
Those can both be catalysts and the reasons why he continues to try and get stronger, not the reason he actually gets stronger. Get it?

>>110947
It's a real punch of Determination in the stomach.
>>
What is your favorite theme of quests on /qst/ ?
>>
>>111603
Those quests with a wacky and "out of the box" premise and storytelling.
>>
>>111603
The one's with talented artists.
>>
>>106218
I'm the OP of the Jara and the Valley of Secrets quest, I've set up a Twitter here if you want to add it to the list: @qm_guy
>>
>>109171
What's this I hear about mutated waifu dolls?
>>
File: 1450301493807.jpg (351KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450301493807.jpg
351KB, 1200x900px
>>111603
Genuinely good writing. Y'know, like Crusty.

life is pain
>>
>>111887
For some godforsaken reason that thumbnail kind of looks like the dog is dressed up like a train that has smoke coming out of its stack.
>>
If someone would add me to the twitter directory
@Cowboy_Sue
Currently the Melancholic Quest qm
>>
Anyone from the Godgame threads know when the next will be up?
I thought today but apparently I was wrong
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>111603
spook
>>
>>110881
>THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE
>>
>>110942
>I don't recall OPM getting his strength from Friednship or Aspirations.

What if his power is "ALL YOUR POWERS COMBINED!" so all his friends merge into him temporarily, plus a huge stat stack/leap?
>>
How anthro is too anthro of a MC for Global Rule #3? Monstergirls seem fine, seeing as they're not banned on other boards, but what about an english-speaking twin-tailed fox in a Shrine Quest, as a poorly-thought-out example?
>>
>>113156
Are you trying to diss Foxfire?
>>
>>113096
>>110937
Less literal on the combining, it could be that the MC's power is to be voluntarily given stat bonuses by others.

But they'd be zero-sum. In order for the MC to lift an extra 50lbs, one of his friends has to give up that much lifting strength (or something like 5 different friends give up 10lbs each). Same goes for agility, acrobatics, stamina, eyesight, and so on.

That means, in order to get stronger, MC has to befriend lots of people and rally them up such that they're willing to temporarily gimp themselves to boost him.

It'd also open the door for him to fuck up and lose followers; some people get disenfranchised when he fails, and stop lending him any of their strength.
>>
>>113175
...shit, that's a real quest? No, I was just trying to come up with a name for "quest based around a kitsune that doesn't spend every waking hour as a monstergirl" and figured Shrine would do well.
>>
>>113156
As long as it dosn't look like it came strait off of deviantart you should be fine.
Though it would probably be a good idea to post an image of it here first so that we could give you a better answer.
>>
Is there anything called "ghoul quest" running at the moment? If so, what is it about?
>>
File: go time.png (572KB, 959x681px) Image search: [Google]
go time.png
572KB, 959x681px
>>106681
>>106692
This kind of depends on your players; I've seen quests run (admittedly, on SB) where this was the way it worked, and they didn't always just pick the easiest option, probably in part because there were no actual stats.
>>
>>113197
That turns into a whole "Lend me your strength!" bullshit so fast.
>>
>>113219
I really did ask that for the "where is the furry line" thing. I'm not currently planning on a kitsune quest, I just want to know if I could find out if a quest would get me b& before posting it.
Obviously, "you're an anthro girl, in an anthro world" would likely get banhammered, but that seems like an extreme case. Although, Newt seemed to stay up for a bit before moving herself back to /trash/.
>>
>>113278
It's funny (not the "haha" kind, the other one) to see these new QMs doing every fucking mistake they can make over and over and over. In your case, what's interesting or compelling in choosing random unexplained cardinal directions? Wouldn't it be more interesting to have the MC ask directions and then choose a striking district? Like, I don't know, the docks, the market, the red light district? Somewhere she might find informations about that griffin?

Gah, this is fucking frustrating.
>>
>>113337
Exactly, three of the four offered choices in the very first post are meaningless. And even though someone voted on the one option that actually mattered, the guy quit in a tantrum because his first shitty opening only got one vote within ten minutes which is more than he fucking deserves
>>
>>113374
All the choices were meaningless. Unless this is a trap-filled dungeon with a time limit, why the fuck would the MC not examine her surroundings?
>>
>>113391
I'm just saying the fact that the guy had even one person interested is something he should have cherished and instead he just quit.

Count your blessings, know what I'm saying
>>
>>113337
Maybe we should use the bingo chart for the OP pic. Just invert the color so it has the white text on black background that we all know and love, then maybe make the central free space say QTG.
>>
File: 1459852469112.jpg (48KB, 650x613px) Image search: [Google]
1459852469112.jpg
48KB, 650x613px
>>113403
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just saying that it was even more boring than both our initial assessments.

And now, for positive criticism, how about starting in media res with said MC already hurt by the legendary griffin or another "mid-level boss" with some organic character generation (like what kind of weapons she mainly uses—a hunter generally goes with either bow or spear, for example) and/or a tactical choice on how to continue the hunt?

Pic related, now how's that for a first OP?

>>113405
Do you have it? Can't find it here.
>>
Anyone know where I can store a old quest ? I found one on /co/'s fireden archive and want to Save it.
>>
File: rookie QM bingo.png (165KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
rookie QM bingo.png
165KB, 600x675px
>>113462
>Bingo chart
Here you go.
>>
>>113574
Well, I think we need to remove or rewrite some of these.

>Character Generation
You can have it, just not "Alright, first let's choose your race, then your gender, then your class, then [...]". It's gotta be weaved in the narrative.
>Fanfic Quests
Remove that.
>No tripcode
Seems like less of a problem here.
>>
>>113602
We're not changing it.
>>
>>113602
Also the one about d20s. Crit successes and fails can be incredibly fun.
>>
>>113622
Well, then I'll do it at some point, when I can think of other grievous mistakes. I think just looking over the front page of /qst/ will be enough.

>>113623
I agree.
>>
>>113623
At least make it d100 or something if you're gonna do crits/crit fails. They should be fairly rare if you ask me, but then I'm not an experienced QM at all so maybe I'm just a tard.
>>
>>113673
The most optimal dice for crits is whatever you want it to be. Quests have varying mechanics and levels of dice rolling, so advocating one system for all is pointless and backwards. Maybe the QM likes crits, maybe crits are pointless, etc. It all depends on what the QM wants to do.
>>
>>113623
>>113626
Just replace it with
>D20, Crits, Best of 3
>27% chance of all the other numbers not mattering
>>
>>113574
This is great.
Do I really need a twitter though?
>>
>>113955
Depends what you're doing, but it will help if you intend on running a long-running regular quest.
>>
>>113955
In the long run, it helps retain readers by allowing them to know when your threads are up, so that they can come in and participate.

If you really get into questing and have multiple quests, you'll get readers that will follow you across all of them because they can stay informed of the stuff you do.

Without it, you'd have to start out with a mostly new crowd each time you make a new thread, which would be detrimental to quest longevity.
>>
>>113958
I plan on doing it as long as I can to get experience QMing, but what if people aren't invested? Just don't bother?
>>
>>113985
>what if people aren't invested?
Analyze what you did wrong, think about it, do it again until you get it right enough for people to be invested. There's no gate you have to cross.
>>
>>113985
It's not exactly hard.

>make twitter
>announce threads "ETA 4 hours, etc"
>post thread link when running
>close tab

>tweet when you're running again, especially if the thread is in autosage

>follow other QMs
>>
>>113995
When you say do it again, you mean jump ship and start another quest?
>>114002
Just thought it would be a bit embarrassing if I did this and nobody cared.
>>
Check out this new idea I'm trying.

>>114001
>>
>>114002
>>follow other QMs
lol
>>
>>114014
the only thing you get for having multiple failed quests but still trying is respect.

Well okay, sometimes people laugh at funky fetishes, but if you're just a faggot in general it'd be easy enough to pick you out now that we have User IDs. Twitter wouldn't change squat.
>>
Okay, question for players. WHat's your favorite things about quests?

The storytelling, The prose (i.e funny, serious, sets tone), The character involvment. The gameplay, the strategy, the freedom...etc?
>>
https://twitter.com/Kov_QM

I don't think i was added to the directory.>>106218

My next thread will be this weekend.
If you want to catch up what has happened here are the links

Part one:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/44086/

>>78892 Part two.
>>
File: saltfests.jpg (94KB, 656x386px) Image search: [Google]
saltfests.jpg
94KB, 656x386px
>>114107
The interaction. There ain't nothing better than people actually talking and posting.
>>
>>114137
Very much agree.
Even if there is a lack of players.
>>
>>114137
This. Discussion between players make and break quests.
>>
back

>>114242
>>114242
>>114242
>>
>>106424
Crusty has a unique gastro intestinal condition that has him going in and out of the hospital. I think, based on some comments on his twitter from other peeps he's been dealing with that shit again. No estimate on when he'll run again
>>
Malroy quest tomorrow, super hype. Dad was pretty demoralized when this board was made, glad to see he's going to ru
N
>>
>>113197
I like the base idea of a quest where befriending people increases your growth, but not the 'your friends become weaker' caveat. Who would stay friends with a guy that steals their strength? Better to leave it fairly vanilla
>>
>>114107
Well written combat scenes.

I haven't found a quest with gripping fights yet, though. None of them capture the feeling of adrenaline where every fight is a struggle to keep something important. Mostly because I haven't yet found a QM with the balls to write about crippling failure.
>>
>>114409
So they actually have a reason to say no.

IIRC there was some fantasy novel series that used that kind of premise. People in the royal family were voluntarily loaned powers from their citizenry in a similar manner so they could fight for them like superhumans.
>>
>>114468
>I haven't yet found a QM with the balls to write about crippling failure
Have you tried Planefag?
>>
File: 1442723648435.jpg (136KB, 672x924px) Image search: [Google]
1442723648435.jpg
136KB, 672x924px
>>113747
This, family, to be honest
>>
File: 1451239052283.jpg (41KB, 340x460px) Image search: [Google]
1451239052283.jpg
41KB, 340x460px
>>114468
>>114477
Which QM had Patchouli die of an asthma attack because the players tried to use a wind spell to clean the library? Was that planefag?
>>
>>114468
>Mostly because I haven't yet found a QM with the balls to write about crippling failure.
Because the ones who do before the end or without the zealous fanbase to back them up, get shitposted to death and written off from anyone's memory.
>>
>>106218
How hard is it to QM? Is it something I could jump in and just do, if I have mild success at DMing that way? I'm looking to make a quest, but I am mildly anxious if it.

To explain, I'm feeling the kind of anxious one gets before public speaking, even if they're good at it.
>>
>>114569
>How hard is it to QM
Very.
>Is it something I could jump in and just do
In theory yes. In practice it should have a lot more thought put into it. Know the characters you're writing and their habits/characteristics. Decide on a tone and keep to it. Have plot hooks in mind.

Unlike with DMing there's no sunk cost. If people get bored or never get invested they don't have to stick around through the session. So do everything within your power to prevent that from happening.
>>
>>114477
I've stayed away from Planefag's stuff. Mostly because it's fanfic, and I tend to dislike the /a/ things that go on in those.

Things like replacing actual character with things like "awawa~ so kyoot~" or requiring foreknowledge of the series to actually be connected to the characters.

Also, I've heard that he's a little bitch when it comes to criticism.

Am I wrong in assuming these things?
More importantly, is his writing and storytelling actually good enough that I can ignore it if they're true?
>>
>>114611
I should claim a trip soon, what with how close I am to making a quest. Thank you for the help! I have more questions, though.

If a quest centers on a character, is a statblock necessary? Or should a QM try to avoid that? And from there, how open-ended should a quest be? I have a book I have all but written, and was hoping to take a group of anons through it as a quest to see what parts of it hold up, and what parts of the story I need to make more robust. The world is full and robust, and the storyline is an outline with a lot of scenes waiting to just be written out; I'm just needing some kind of push to get shit written.
>>
>>114667
>Things like replacing actual character with things like "awawa~ so kyoot~" or requiring foreknowledge of the series to actually be connected to the characters.
He actually works off of the anime-ness to give the characters more depth, at least to some degree. And I think, at least with his latest quest, you SHOULD be able to get the gist of it without needing too much knowledge beforehand. Knowing before would, of course, be helpful though.

>is his writing and storytelling actually good enough that I can ignore it if they're true
I...think? Writing-wise, his work is actually pretty enjoyable by itself, or at least Kant-O-Celle is. Just be prepared for feeling like it takes forever for the overarching plot to move along as character shenanigans happen. And for possibly needing to read the supplementary work by the writefags to get all the details of what's going on.

If nothing else, he can at least write funny character shenanigans. Mostly by juxtaposing the anime personalities of the original characters with the more down-to-earth personalities of the OCs.
>>
>>114713
Some QMs use stats, some don't. It's more common that QMs forego stats and just handwave the success or failure of the MC based on what everyone knows the character should or shouldn't be able to do.

Both ways have worked. Just do what you're comfortable with and you'll be fine, but don't bog yourself down in the mechanics of a system, or you'll take too long to actually write.

In a lot of ways, QMs have more freedom than a DM because the QM gets more time to think out the response and adapt accordingly. Besides, if you have an entire world written out already, then you're good to go. Just avoid railroading too hard.
>>
>>114804
And, of course, you can always lie about stats and rolls if you aren't keeping them in the thread.
>>
Have any good 40k quests started/moved to /qst/ yet? I saw Chaos Quest but it wasn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>114804
I see. Makes me second-guess rolling out the protagonist's statline and such, save for when he shows up in the tabletop I run in the same setting. Though that might be a little ways down the road. Speaking of, is the idea of "setting the tracks in front of them" a valid approach? The quest I have in mind has a pretty defined route, as it's a journey across known space to see a long-distance lover that is more like an old-school game with stages than it is a freeform Skyrim roam. I don't plan to go "No you can't go there!" as much as I plan to put a very specific goal in front of the players that there will be a clear route to. Well, mostly clear, by nature of chasing spaceport departure times and getting into trouble between.

>>114822
I will neither confirm nor deny that I've done that. I totally have done that at the table, when a "I shoot the guy" moment interrupts a narrative spiel.
>>
>>110730

Joker Quest is also famous for this. One disastrous decision only came back to bite the player several months later. At the time, there was no inkling it would ever surface. The PC just knew that he'd done a Bad Thing.
>>
>>110937

High school LN battle harem, with misery and NTR.
>>
>>114846
>good
>40K

Pick one.
>>
>>114878
Unless you're doing a sandbox deal like Banished, quests by nature have limited time and run on invisible rails towards a goal set by the QM.

Also, you pitched this several weeks ago right? This is a comedic road trip type deal that takes place in a larger setting, where the other quest pitches included a psychic and something about revolution?
>>
>>114878
>long distance...
Yeah, this was back in tg right?
>>
>>114920
>>114938
Yes! The road-trip was me! Shit, didn't think anyone would remember. Making me grin like a big doofus; made my night, Anons.

But yea, the idea I'm settling on is the road-trip, Local Man Visits Earth. The other two were pretty sandbox-y with no real plots in mind, with the psychic one basically being a psyker in this setting, and the other was being a front-line fighter in a war that was going to drastically change human-controlled-space, and being one of the few who were remotely aware it was brewing before everything went to shit.

LMVE is the basis of a book I have tried to finish for two NaNoWriMos, and I may or may not be looking to use a quest to get through my recent case of writer's block. I mean, running an IRL campaign in the setting has done wonders in making me flesh the world out, so a quest is likely to do similar. The dawn of /qst/ has made me want to jump in head-first.

Mostly just shaking the nerves, desu.
>>
>>114718
I've started reading Kant-O-Celle quest on suptg. It's too slow for my liking, but I'll stick with it for a little while longer I guess.

>>114878
>setting the tracks in front of them
Yeah it'll work. Quest players are still roleplayers at their core, so they'll respect the character's personality and goals for the most part.

I have a suggestion for you. If you're doing it in stages, you could give the character some reason to be unable to leave the station rather than just a time limit.

For example, one station has all outgoing flights closed off for some reason, and the MC has to fix said reason to leave. Next station has a different problem that also denies the MC from leaving. That way, the ultimate goal is still to get to the character's destination, but you'll still give them issues to solve that don't detract too much from the main focus. It'll be episodic, but with an overarching story to give it purpose.
>>
File: KCQ 1.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
KCQ 1.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>114979
>reading Kant-O-Celle quest
It's only slow because of the unholy hurricane of anons that surround Planefag. You'll have a better time with the pacing if you just read it by itself. Some anon compiled most of it into 2 PDFs, uploading now.
>>
File: 1456584661616.png (324KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
1456584661616.png
324KB, 500x458px
How difficult would it be to do a JoJo quest with a totally original cast if I can't drawfag for shit? I feel confident in my ability to describe what a character looks like, and even what poses they strike, but I feel like a JoJo quest without unique visuals might not grab interest.
>>
File: KCQ 2.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
KCQ 2.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>114994
>>
>>110087
Wrenloft
>>
>>114979
>give the character some reason to be unable to leave the station rather than just a time limit.
That's brilliant, and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner. The first actual leg of his journey actually has a good excuse to keep him on station, all it'd take is a pretty safe step in logic to complete. This also gives me something to sprinkle in for the book itself, which I can't thank you enough for. But, the book can wait.

Now that I think about it, the story starts falling into place more and more. Are quests a Sandlot kinda deal, where you build it and they'll come? Because if so, I may have my Sunday dedicated to starting this up.
>>
>>>/tg/47209041

Use this for worldbuilding.
>>
>>114995
I fucking LOVE Jojo and I'm available often, daily. I'm totally up for drawing fabulous motherfuckers for your quest. If you'd like, send me a message on Twitter at @Valencia_QM and let's see what we can arrange.
>>
>>115072

Make it about trying to prevent the assassination of David Bowie and Prince by the Pillar Men.
>>
>>106218
I've been trying to make a new /qst/ but I have the three active thread limits, even though one of them is 4 days old and getting autosaged to hell, it's still not archived. Maybe I'm just retarded or something but I mean c'mon
>>
>>115122
What if it's about a setting where, instead of Kennedy getting shot by a bullet, he got hit by an Arrow?
>>
There are three mercenary quests running all at the same time.

sthap.
>>
>>115135

YES.

Hell, set it in the leadup to the assasination itself. The Mob, secret agents, the Communists all battling to get the Arrow.

Ultimately the PC steals it and uses it to shoot JFK.
>>
>>115133
slow down there sanic
>>
>>115162
can't stop won't stop going fast

One of my threads just kinda never took off, the other got derailed and the other dwindled down and I wrote myself into a corner.

I just want to know when I can expect all three to be archived so I can start working on new ones.
>>
>>114994
>>115006
Thanks, this is much easier to read. I still do think his pacing is slow, though. He just uses way too much detail for simple actions.

I really don't need, or want to know exactly how someone wiggles their finger "like a sword."

>>115030
Glad to help. There are always some people in a quest. It helps if you have a Twitter to keep the guys who want to stay for the long run.
>>
>>115072
That'd be pretty neat, actually. I'd be basing the story off of an idea that I had several months back browsing a /tg/ JoJo thread, so I have the main cast, villain, basic plot, and some secondary characters, all with stands, and most with a good idea of how they look. This would be my first time writing something like a Quest, though, so I'd need to do some research in regards to format, systems, etc. on top of formulating a loose arc to follow without railroading. I also don't have a non-personal Twitter account, but I suppose that that would be one of the first things to do once I get my shit together more concretely.

For the record I just checked your Twitter and one of your quests and I do like your art style.

>>115122
>>115135
The premise is that in the 70s, drug running starts getting out of hand, as the mobs and cartels are hiring stand users as hired muscle. In response, the Speedwagon Foundation puts together a team of stand users from across various government institutions, with the MC being a Half-Japanese Half-Irish Second-Generation Immigrant who's an NYPD officer. His crew features an FBI Agent, a Firefighter, an Army Sargeant, and an Air Force Pilot. All of their stands are named after singles by The Police.
>>
>>115172
Should it be a new Twitter specifically for the quest, or would a current Twitter suffice?

I have the one I've been using for my forays into social media, but if there's an unspoken rule of "new twitters for quests" I'd rather not break it.
>>
>>114994
>>115006
Anyone ever done something like this for Questy's pokemon quest? I tried getting into once, but after about ten threads on an archive that I couldn't use well on my phone, I lost steam with it. I'd be down to do it myself, but I don't want to repeat work that's out there already.
>>
>>115184
If you want it in the QM directory, make a new one. People don't take kindly to seeing your shitty social media twitters cluttering a directory where they just want to see when their favorite QM is running next.
>>
>>115184
New Twitter. Put "QM" somewhere in the name too.
>>
>>115184
As long as it's dedicated to the quest, I wouldn't care. If I were you, though, I'd make sure whatever I used wasn't connected to my normal online or IRL personas. Too much potential shit to deal with if the wrong person on either side put things together, be they an over-aggressive SJW who knows nothing about 4chan except the death threats, or a kid with too much time on his hands that decides to doxx you or something.

Making a new one is easy enough I can't see why you wouldn't, unless your current one isn't connected to you at all.
>>
What is the best time of day to conduct quest threads?

>>113574
Regarding "making intentions clear" for smut level, should that just be upfront in the first post, like an X/10 smut rating or something? I ask only because I've also been told not to waste space on an introduction/exposition, but to just jump into it.

Also, is character generation really so bad? Wouldn't it be worse to decide for players?
>>
>>115204
>>115203
>>115196
Sweet, thanks for the heads-ups! I'll likely make one for the quest, probably naming it after the protagonist unless "The Black Scribe" doesn't initiate some form of shitstorm. Throw in some flavorful tweets for when sessions start and the such, post in-character jazz.

I'll probably do the grunt-work after work tomorrow.
>>
>>115211
>character generation really so bad? Wouldn't it be worse to decide for players?
It can lead to lots of practically filler time, loads of salt and loss of viewership especially with gender rolls. As said by anons above, better to work it in organically or already have some of the character written beforehand with the players filling in blank spots, whether at the start or through actions and interactions that happen in the quest.
>>
File: 85ad1105a7e3432df16ca2943d4d0b28.jpg (104KB, 692x1024px) Image search: [Google]
85ad1105a7e3432df16ca2943d4d0b28.jpg
104KB, 692x1024px
>>115211

Also, now that I think about it, do you have to manually archive your own threads? I have no idea how that works.
>>
>>115211
>Regarding "making intentions clear" for smut level, should that just be upfront in the first post, like an X/10 smut rating or something? I ask only because I've also been told not to waste space on an introduction/exposition, but to just jump into it.
Don't jump between smut and not doing smut, is all it says. You can't write one scene as smut and then when it happens again you go "Fade to black" or the reverse happens; For 20+ threads romantic things happen, but no smut is introduced and suddenly you're dropping a long smut scene on your players.

>Also, is character generation really so bad? Wouldn't it be worse to decide for players?
You have more control over the MC if you pre-gen it yourself, but if you truly want a character generation, don't do the typical one where the players pick name, race, sex etc.
Give them a name and sex to start with and then do a narrative character generation where the players make choices that affect the story at the same time as it creates their character.
>>
>>115229
>manually archive your own threads
Go to suptg. Archival instructions are pretty clear.
>>
File: really.jpg (16KB, 698x62px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
16KB, 698x62px
>>115235

Why does there seem to be hostility for this board? It seems like a good idea to me, since /tg/ is frequently flooded with quest threads.
>>
File: Deadeye nopes the pain away.png (442KB, 498x713px) Image search: [Google]
Deadeye nopes the pain away.png
442KB, 498x713px
>>115260
>/tg/ is frequently flooded with quest threads
Oh god not this shit again.
>>
>>115260
oh shit here we go again

some people don't think that /qst/ can survive without the playerbase that /tg/ could provide

as the fate of quests are linked to the fate of /qst/, some believe that the containment of quests will only kill them off

that pic was back when people were still mad that a small amount of people were responsible for getting the mods to make /qst/
>>
Given that magic is a little irritating to track, I'm thinking of making the protagonist of Solo Dungeoneering Quest a multiclassed (ie advancing both classes at once) Fighter/Thief.

Right now, I'm cooking up a world and some dungeons. The D-series (Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow) is definitely an influence. The Conan story Red Nails is also getting the creative juices flowing
>>
>>106610
Majority vote over X time works best, I find. I'm sure other stuff could work, but I have yet to see it done
>>
>>106610
Not him, but I'd like to ask what would be recommended when starting out and there's only few players trickling in slowly. Should I just choose favorites instead?
>>
>>114468
Double Cross Quest had good action that didn't waste your time with flowery prose. It's a shame the quest died when the OP managed to play a Double Cross game and now spends the majority of his time just playing japanese rpgs with his group
>>
File: Dark-Wolf-Full-HD-Pics-Wallpaper.jpg (851KB, 1680x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Wolf-Full-HD-Pics-Wallpaper.jpg
851KB, 1680x1100px
Ok, guys, I think I've got everything together to start a thread. I'll boot it up tomorrow morning after breakfast.

Thanks for all your input.
>>
>>113202
>Shit, that's a real quest?
Sort of! The MC for FoxFire is a twin tailed fox that can speak. As they're based off of classical mythology, rather than modern media, they do indeed spend almost all of their time as a fox. Save for recently, since the players chose to adopt a child by posing as its mother

You wander a world of dwindling Faith, whose twilight hours have already come and gone long before you awoke. All that remains in these final, sleepy moments, is the stubborn drive of humanity to stay alive.

In the name of survival.
In the name of greed.
In the name of love and family.
In the name of not leaving any regrets behind.

You experience a large range of both the terrible, and beautiful, things which are still left in the world.

There's a bit more to it, but that starts to get into spoilery territories, and we're only two threads in. Check it out the first two threads in the archive if it seems like something that might catch your interest; The third thread will be running sometime tomorrow.

>>113320
As for the answer to this, my advice is to pay more attention to the theme of your quest. As noted, monstergirls seem fine regardless; I think being fully animal is also fine. Even blurring the line a bit between the two is perhaps still fine to a point?

That point, I believe, is ultimately the feeling and atmosphere of your quest. If you're not going all out "look at my anthrofurries!" and the importance lies elsewhere, then I'd wager you're probably fine. In my mind, the bannable content criteria is composed more of that, than anything else.

IE: I theoretically COULD have a talking horse quest. The horse could even be magical, because there is plenty of classical mythology which would lend itself to that sort of thing!

Whether the theoretical magical talking horse quest would be considered /mlp/ and banned or not, I believe, would depend entirely on where the intent and atmosphere of the quest lay, rather than the checklist composing the individual parts of the whole.

Essentially, refer to Godard's quote: "It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to."

Which ties in nicely to the oft' recited koan that "There is no such thing as originality, only authenticity."

So, at the end of the day, how you handle your subject material, I believe, will matter more than any proverbial sliding scale of "when does this become too furry", or indeed, any other similar question of "When does X become too Y?".
>>
File: 1382393500072.gif (288KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1382393500072.gif
288KB, 125x125px
>>115135
Only if you call his Stand Dead Kennedys
>>
>>115185
The entirety of Questy's pokemon quest is on his site
>>
>>113574
>tfw I made a twitter and asked the twitter guy to add it, and it got ignored by everyone.
>>
bato.to/random

Click the link. Write a quest pitch based off of the result. Make your own call on how much it matches the source material.
>>
>>115553
>A Log Horizon spinoff of some sort
You get stuck in the world of an MMORPG...except it's a really shitty MMORPG. Low poly models that looked old in 2005, small landmass, few quests, F2P bullshit, etc. All while obviously ripping off all of its characters and lore from more successful MMOs.
>>
>>114468
Totemist and Joker have good combat.
>>
>>108151
Oh god fucking tell me about it. People are still saying 'rape it', 'flop your cock out', 'jizz on it', 'sodomise it', even when the QM quietly makes it clear that those options will never be picked
>>
>updated shilling
Genocide quest reaches its second thread after a good 400 some replies in the first.
>>115647
feedback/ contributions/ suggestions all very welcome and appreciated.
>>
File: Scot.jpg (11KB, 259x356px) Image search: [Google]
Scot.jpg
11KB, 259x356px
>>115553
>Flying Witch
Alright...

For 10 years you've studied under a Grand Sorcerer to eventually replace him in his duties to protect countless separate realms of existence in the nether from all kinds of horrors.

However, once you turned 15-16, your teacher deemed it necessary to send you back to your own home realm to experience a normal life for a few years. "So you don't become like my teacher." He said.
Suddenly you find yourself living in your old hometown, and the Grand Sorcerer has enrolled you in the local High school. Wait, what?!
Follow the SoL life of a would-be future Grand Sorcerer, one of the strongest being in all of existence, as he tries to make it through High School without using too much magic, knowing full well he'll probably fail with the latter.
>>
>>115553
>Touhou
No thanks.
>>
Just a goofy idea that popped into my head.

You are a trucker with a secret. You see dead people. One day, you get into an accident with a skeletal cowboy fighting a terrible monster. While your truck shatters the mask of the creature, you also hit the cowboy.

In the wreckage, you see that the cowboy is still somehow alive. Now, he wants you to patrol the lonely roads against these "Hollows."

In summary: Ghost Rider and Jack Burton fight Hollows
>>
>>115640

Totemist has a very good swappable mechanic. Basically, you have multiple spirits and each spirit is tagged to an equipment slot. For example, a lightning spirit allows you to run REALLY fast. But attach it to your staff, and you can throw Lightning Spears from Dark Souls around. That makes for a lot of tactical versatility and unique combinations.

Joker also has a lot of variety, in that the hero has a vast array of (mostly guns) that all work differently. My favorite is a heavy, single-shot ordinance piece that shoots antimatter into the target, with a brief delay before it explodes. Enemies usually have a moment to think that the protagonist has missed, right before it goes off.
>>
File: kk.jpg (106KB, 709x623px) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
106KB, 709x623px
Latest installment of the Maid Simulator 2016 series continues later today >>116583 It's definitely not for everyone, and more like a visual novel (without visuals) - or something like a text version of games like Heavy Rain and Life is Strange than it is like many other quests on here that use dices, etc. Everyone who has given this a chance, except one person who thinks it isn't open-ended enough and hates one of the main characters, seems to have loved it though. Please read up on the story so far so you can join us today!
>>
>>116656
>Heavy Rain
MC can die?
>>
>>116656
I honestly would and it looks pretty interesting if i had more than 15 minutes to do anything before writing an essays worth of an update for my current quest.
>>
>>116664

Yes. Everyone can die.

It's more open-ended than games of that style though. If you can get a majority vote for the main character to turn into a psycho and kill everyone, it will happen. You won't get the True Ending of course, but the story will follow the decision to its final consequences.
>>
File: Kiss from a Rose.png (278KB, 943x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss from a Rose.png
278KB, 943x1707px
>>114995
Chuckles has an infrequently run but pretty damn fun JoJo quest. A drawfriend even drew the main character and her Stand. XioXio and Kissed by a Rose.

XioXio'z Bizarre Adventure: Desert Luster

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=XioXio
>>
>>115553
>http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/yururira-yuru-rira-r1219
uhhh
>>
>>109457
I ran a scifi quest about half a year ago, ended up disappearing because of graduate/medical school applications and final exams. My quest had a pretty small following (5-6 players or so) and I couldn't clear 8 hr blocks to run it to a decent lengths so the threads became shorter and shorter and eventually stopped.
I really want to give it another go now that /qst/ exists but I'm working 8 hrs a day, so even less time to dedicate solely to QMing...
>>
>>111603
trains. Including those with no brakes.
>>
Hey, I have a question. Does anyone know what happened to REQM? He has been strangely for the past few months, I can't find anything resent about him.
>>
So I don't know if it's been done before or talked about, but how feasible is a quest with actual players? I obviously don't mean just one big "community" quest, but about 4 or so people being the MCs and the QM moderates just like a tabletop?

How would one keep those who aren't the players involved?

Sorry if these are everywhere and I'm just dumb.
>>
>>118656
>I obviously don't mean just one big "community" quest, but about 4 or so people being the MCs and the QM moderates just like a tabletop?
Then it's no longer a quest.
>>
>>118656
Let them control the environment, like enemies or something
>>
>>118702
Actually, here's a thought: What if the QM only moderates, and the community guides the players functionally as a big, collaborative QM?
>>
>>118757
Not a quest.
Honestly you should just take your "innovative" ideas to a freeform text-based RP forum tbqh family.
>>
>>118813
>Trying new things is bad
This is why I'm asking questions
>>
>>118825
I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not a quest format. You can take your ideas elsewhere where they are more suited, but they're not quests.
>>
>>118845
Fair enough.
>>
>>118825
It's not that trying new things is bad, it's that these aren't new things. Roll20 exists, which covers pretty much any idea where a QM has something like 4 characters controlled by 1 anon each. If you aren't fond of rules, there are places on the internet where you can freeform RP to your heart's content - that's how I got into RPGs in the first place.

You have to consider what formats lend themselves *well* to the medium. Therefore, you have to account for anyone who wants to participating, and you have to realize that woke technically possible, it's prohibitive to have individuals tracked for any meaningful purpose, and that can ONLY happen if that individual goes out of their way to set up tripcode and all that.

If you're confident an idea can work, I'd say just go for it. If it doesn't, no one will play, or probably even notice. If it does, congratulations! You've invented or contributed to the rise of a new style of quest.

Keep in mind, too, that the player base isn't especially large here at the moment. That's going to make anything depending on many many anons hard to pull off, even if it normally would work fairly well.
>>
>>118656
Just run it.

Don't ask permission from these losers.
>>
>>115520
>tfw you had the wrong name all along

Apparently I was thinking of a quest ran by Gobble, not Questy. Gonna guess no one's summarized that one.
>>
>>118656
>How would one keep those who aren't the players involved?
That's really against the spirit of 4chan. I'd come up with a way for anons to participate, even if it's a much less pronounced role than the named players.
>>
>>115260
>since /tg/ is frequently flooded with quest threads.

8% on average

Why must you turn this image board into a house of lies?
>>
>>119383
Fair enough. It would be more accurate to say /tg/ is infested with quests.
>>
>>119418
Not as much as it is infested with generals.
>>
>>119418
You're kinda full of shit.
>>
File: mach quest.jpg (693KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
mach quest.jpg
693KB, 1280x854px
Shilling Mach Quest. The current thread is dying for lack of posters.

>>118117
>>
>>119418
Methinks, you're full of shit
>>
>>119504
>>119517
How so? They keep cropping up, in spite of all attempts to chase them off. It's an infestation.
>>
File: -_-.png (135KB, 433x314px) Image search: [Google]
-_-.png
135KB, 433x314px
>>119527
You're one of those people who comes in to tell them to go to their 'containment board' ain't ya?
>>
>>119527
Maybe you should go back and try harder instead of infesting /qst/?
>>
>>119527
Why are you even here, man?
>>
>>119465
This to be honest. Generals are the worst thing to ever happen to 4chan, and worst of all there is nothing that can be done about them.
>>
>>119527
>>>/qa/
>>
>>119418
It's more a case of /tg/ being infested with a certain number of dedicated assholes who don't like anyone to have the kind of fun that they think is wrong.

The kind who go to a board that they got made as a containment board to gloat over, only to discover their actions pissed the mods off so badly, the mods aren't caving into their pointless, outrageous, unthinking demands since every complaint was proven to be a bad faced lie.

I'd ask if it sounds familiar, but it isn't anything you haven't done before, is it?
>>
How long do you guys think a quest can last if it's almost purely just a combat gauntlet?

What do you think the action to story ratio should be to make a good quest?

I ask this because I'm thinking of running a gladiator quest of some sort.

>>119527
You're one of those guys that can't even enjoy /tg/ without the quests aren't you?
>>
>>120121
Depends on how interesting you make the combats. If it's just dice rollign and success/fail, it's going to be dead pretty quick. If there's tactics and weird situations with each battle, you have a good chance of keepign people interested.
>>
well we are back.

>>114242
>>114242
>>114242
>>
I've written a program where you can put in inputs for literally anything just by posting in a thread, so long as your command is on one line

What would be the best thing to do with this? I'm really cautious about automating posting in the thread itself(creating a bot, which I think I could get a pass revoked for), but I can host on twitch or youtube I suppose. Any ideas on where to go with this?
obviously something like zork is possible. I would rather not design it for video output when it's a text-based game.

How do you recommend I move forward with this?
>>
>>120396
Use it for things like rules, inventory, map, anything that needs to be recalled multiple times.
>>
>>120552
But where to put the output, that is the question. I wonder if the mods would allow a self-contained bot, in just one thread. If they do official contact (haven't seen this in years though) that'd be nice to know.

Idk. Would this be helpful to people running threads? Could do something like if OP puts !join invbot it can run things or something.
>>
Where is the vampire lord quest?

Also could civ evo OPs please not have constant loss of life when learning magic and shit?
I had to ragequit the evo with forest elves since the OP killed 10/30 population when I was extremely clear that there was no logical reason for any deaths. I even had magic research chosen that would stop any chance of dying to poisons due to blood manipulation.
>>
>>120747
Have you considered a pastebin instead? Just make the bot edit the pastebin with a timestamp and the post number.

Make a new pastebin for every thread. Link it at the end of your posts.
>>
>>120903
what a great idea! I'd hug you if I could
>>
Is it considered poor taste to vote on your own quest in the archives?
>>
>>119312
>>119312
Just shillin' my quest, I have nothing else to do all night.
>>
>>120903
yeah, that sounds pretty good to me.
>>
>>121030
If we're shilling, I'm kinda starving for players.
>>119739
>>119739
>>
>>120923
a lot of people don't care enough to vote on suptg, so do what you want.
>>
>>106218
>IRC Channels (half-dead)
>Discord Server (going well so far)
Hah. No. The Discord is just about as active as the IRCs.
>>
Just curious but how you handle part the quest where you somehow get teleported to an alternate timeline or dimension of your quest's world?

should it be handled like the Untended Graves from Dark Souls III, ToX-2, etc..?
>>
Does anyone know where I can find an archive for this board?
>>
>>121485
https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/106218#p121485
>>
>>121493
No searchable Fuuka archive?
>>
I ask this question knowing full well that this board is not a hive-mind, but how well-received would a "E for Everyone" quest be? What I mean is, something in a similar vein to Kirby or Mario. I don't see quests like that around, and I was wondering if it was due to being poorly received, or simply not being thought up.
>>
Hey guys, what Kind of quests do you find to be most enjoyable? What about those quests make it enjoyable?
>>
>>121507
This is 4chan. It's already not "E for Everyone".
>>
>>121507
the only way to know is to try
>>
>>121544
Too true, but I couldn't think of a better way to explain myself. I suppose something with a suspension of disbelief, less on the side of the morose and closer to comic mischief. Of course there would be death and drugs and general bad shit, too, so it really wouldn't be as childish as my previous term implied.

>>121558
I really should stop stalling and do just that, if at the very least to stop me tormenting over what I should run.
>>
Quest premise: after a night of cuddling with your lover, you wake up to find a copy of them also on the bed with you both. With your lover's help, you adjust to your new existence as a Dualist: one soul controlling two bodies. The main mystery is your lover's own past as a Dualist, and the location of their second body.

The main appeal is that the protag can play BOTH genders via the Dualist ability. Time period will be modern-day.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>121878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3ggoyqXmU
YOUR MOVE YOUR MOVE YOUR MOVE
>>
>>121893
That's "DUEList", but I did expect that.
Combat could be thrown in, but that's a choreography minefield if I ever saw one.
>>
File: 1422740870366.jpg (186KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1422740870366.jpg
186KB, 1024x768px
Hey /qsg/, has anybody around here got the quest edit of this pic? Thought I had it saved and it seems I was wrong.
>>
>>121878
I'm not sure I understand. So a dualist is a person who obtains and controls a copy of someone else's body? Does the dualist control both bodies at once, or is it a matter of switching between them?

Seems interesting, though if the former, then that could potentially be quite hectic for you to manage. Regardless, the implications of such an ability make for a potentially scary setting, as depending on how Dualists awaken (and if they can be identified beforehand), identify theft becomes a very serious matter.
>>
>>121925
A person needs to fulfill two conditions:
-they create their concept of self
-they form and retain an ideal of the opposite sex
Even after both flags are cleared, becoming a Dualist is still random: child, teen, adult, and elder Dualists exist, but you're just as likely to never awaken.

The protag used to be a hapless romantic, so their ideal was molded on their first and current lover; the lover has been a Dualist for much longer.

The Dualist controls both bodies at once, like a computer with two monitors. There is also a function to "disconnect" or even "sever" the mental link, thus making the other body a separate existence from yourself (disconnects are temporary, severs are permanent).
>>
File: e123124123.png (15KB, 877x139px) Image search: [Google]
e123124123.png
15KB, 877x139px
tfw
>>
>>121893
Did someone say yugioh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g
>>
File: Dharma_Wheel.svg.png (357KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Dharma_Wheel.svg.png
357KB, 2000x2000px
Had a God Quest idea, but I don't particularly feel like running it now.

Prologue - BATTLE AT THE END OF THE UNIVERSE

"And with this final act, do you realise what you have done?" These words are the words of your eternal enemy, an enemy that you have faced throughout all of time and space and have finally crushed. These words come out as something akin to sword sticks through a part of them akin to a chest. Their defeat is final, obvious and undeniable. The only thing left are the pleasantries.

"I have put an end to the Malevolence that your existence has shadowed all existence in. I have vanquished Evil and in the process saved all of existence." This is what you know, this is what you believe. Having fought for eons against your enemy, it is the only thing you still remember is that your enemy is Evil.

"Incorrect. You are Evil. You have vanquished me, Good. In the process, you have destroyed all of existence."

Pulling your akin-to-a-sword out of their akin-to-a-chest, you dwell on those words for a moment as the ichor drips down the akin-to-a-sword.

The truth is, neither of you knew who they were, so self-deception on your or dishonesty on their part was equally likely.

The war had gone on for eons. Over those vast expanses of time, both of you had consumed the universe in your war with each other. Perhaps there was a time when you were a mere mortal, an "individual". The mere existence of that word in your divine vocabulary hinted to such a time. However, the War had gone on for so long, that in the process, both of you had lost your names. Having consumed the Universe, both of you were locked in a Manichean struggle between Good and Evil, your assumed names after both of your memories were lost in time.

Ultimately, you won. However, this victory was also meaningless.

Evil fell and with their fall, you were the only living being in the Universe left.

---

Needless to say, there was no triumph in this victory.

From then on, it was to be an empty and lonely universe.

In your war against Evil, you had gained the ability to subsume others. However, there were no ability to return them back to their individual forms. They were now eternally incorporated into you. There was no splitting possible anymore.

However, according to legend, to a memory you still had in your heart of hearts, it was possible to dissolve and re-scatter throughout the universe again, giving it back its rightful consciousnesses.

However, such a measure would undo all of your work, because the procedure required you subsume Evil's corpse. Then, should you rescatter, Evil would become part of existence again.

For the sake of the Ultimate Good, it was your duty to linger forever in the empty remains of the universe, for eternity. It was your duty as the guardian of Good, or rather, being Good itself.

Eons pass by in this duty, and eons more.

[] Continue your duty.

[] Fuse with Evil's corpse and rescatter your essence.
>>
Hey, forgive the Viral Marketting, but I QM Quest For Justice. I just posted today's update without realizing the thread was in Auto-Sage. So I figured I'd link here on the off-chance people who do follow it lurk in here, rather than just make a new thread. I'll probably just make a new thread for the next updates going forward from here so I don't need to do this again.

Link >>122045
>>
any Crusader quest fans here? anyone know when our glorious leader will return once more?
>>
>>122088
Check his twitter.
>>
>>122095
>last post April 7th 9:03pm
>>
Hey, where can I find the quest with Heather and the other girls?
>>
>>122099
Hello darkness my old friend...
>>
>>122048
I'd love to play this by trying to establish "defensive logic" to protect against the supposedly inevitable second choice.
>>
>>121470
maybe like Chrono Cross?
>>
File: 1336687783817.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1336687783817.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>121030
IIRC your IP is actually logged and counted as a positive vote if you're the one who requests that a thread be archived to begin with (presumably because you wouldn't be archiving it if you didn't think it was worth it...).

In unrelated news, I'm not dying of boneitis this weekend so I should be able to get Fate/THE Grand Order running tomorrow.
>>
>>122088
Sporadically and rarely
>>
Would anyone here with some free time be willing to read over an old quest I ran and give me some suggestions for future improvements? It's pretty short.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Scavenger%20Quest
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

Test thread's gone.
>>
>>122228
Might as well
>>
>>122202
bullshit post evidence
>>
Rolled 6 + 1 (1d6 + 1)

>>122230
multiple dice types don't work?
>>
Rolled 3, 1 - 6 = -2 (2d6 - 6)

>>122234
Okay, one last test.
>>
>>109439
>At least one Hot-Blooded character.
>And images of characters from many different shows being renamed and reused for your characters.
>And a tsundere.
>And Waifu Wars.

>tfw my Quest checks all these boxes
>>
>>122325
I've got 2 guesses, but I can't remember the name of the second one.
>>
>>122325
Dark world?
>>
>>122338
Bingo Bango.
>>
>>122348
It's really good man, keep it up!
>>
>>122350
Eh, It's okay. Could probably use a little more shameless waifu-bait.
>>
Speaking of, the new thread is up.
>>122586
>>122586
>>
File: 1410224857907.png (37KB, 587x378px) Image search: [Google]
1410224857907.png
37KB, 587x378px
I want to run a quest but I'm incredibly, incredibly shit at it. Should I just give up and decide I'm no good or give it a shot anyway and crash and burn and delete my thread halfway through the first chapter out of shame?
>>
>>123098
Keep trying anon, and work hard to improve. You'll never get good if you never try.
>>
>>123098
Shit comes first. Goodness comes after.
>>
>>123098
It's like any other talent. Writing, drawing, coding, anything. The more you do, the better you get. If you know you suck then lurk other quests, see what they do that you like and mimic some of that and just learn by doing. Not much else you can do but to try and fail, so you can level up and try again.
>>
>>123116
>>123118
>>123135
Thanks guys, but how do I deal with running shitty quests? Is it shamefur dispray? Will the community reject me if I keep running shitty quests?
>>
>>123142
i don't think the community rejects anyone unless you're a continuous shitposter or a known asshole. Mostly you're just not noteworthy and nobody gives a crap.
>>
>>123142
I'd start with something simple and easy for your first couple. Either quests based in an established canon that you've got a very clear plot about, or something similar.

Don't start a 'wat do' quest for your first, because it will almost certainly end in misery.
>>
>>109214
Are multiplayer/multicharacter games with stats and stuff allowed on /qst/?
>>
>>123158
yup there's one up right now called 80s souls and it's pretty great
>>
>>123158
>>>/tg/
Find a group for it there instead.
>>
File: 1401666208356.gif (499KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1401666208356.gif
499KB, 960x720px
>>123150
>>123156
Keeping it simple sounds good for restarting. I should also have a very clear idea of a plot, but most of my ideas are "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if....". So they're a main character, a concept but not a real plot. How much can I work on the plot without railroading?
>>
>>123203
No need to stop him.

Let him experiment.
That's how the site works.

If it's shit, he'll fail.
If it isn't, the board will expand in scope.
>>
>>123203
but there's too many autists with sticks up their asses on /tg/
>>
>>123215
>If it's shit, he'll fail.
Looking around /qst/, I don't really think that's correct. If it doesn't appeal, he'll fail would be better.
>>
>>123213
>How much can I work on the plot without railroading?
Have a start and a finish, and leave it up to the players how they get from A to B, however long that journey may be.

>>123223
Then go to that D20 site or a free form text-based RP Forum.
>>
>>123213
Well with my quest (that I'm now rereading and am sad I had to abandon) I started with the premise for the readers, but I also had the world around them clearly defined, so it depended on what they wanted to do.

It doesn't hurt that I've GM'd for well over a decade and a half, so thinking on my feet came naturally.

>>123230 is also good advice. Know where the players are going, but let them make the path to get there.

>Hey wouldn't it be cool if
is a good starting point, but flesh out at least the bare mechanics, major NPCs and so forth of the world around you before you start the quest. If a player has an idea that takes you far away from your rails, you need to know how the world works to get them back to the planned plot or, if it's exceptionally clever, how to tie it into what's already been planned to come at it from another angle altogether.

The world should still breathe, move and live without the player around and if they want to fuck around and dungeon dive for loot instead of meeting with the king, or stopping the big bad, then consequences should occur.
>>
What about a comfy SoL romance quest in the same spirit of Tsurezure Children, Horimiya or Bonnouji with multiple MCs, intersecting plot lines (well, what passes for plot in that genre), and (comfy) dorama?
>>
File: 1qtg.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1qtg.png
2MB, 1024x768px
>>121924
>>
File: cat.jpg (53KB, 368x381px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
53KB, 368x381px
So what's the worst quest on /qst/ ?
>>
How come some quests are still run on /tg/ despite /qst/ existing?
>>
>>123330
Because they ain't leaving, and mods apparently don't want them to go to /qst/
>>
IRL IS THE CANCER THAT IS KILLING /qst/

dammit soma ;_;
>>
>>123330
Trial Board; no automatic, external archives; players have no desire to move; wanting to get anti-questfags banned; crappy board...

Really just take your pick.
>>
>>123346
i'll pick trial board
>>
File: 268395-gfs_27924_1_1.jpg (47KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
268395-gfs_27924_1_1.jpg
47KB, 1024x768px
Prospective QM here, out of curiosity, how many among us played and enjoyed Legend of Legaia for PS1? Thinking of running a quest set there, but not sure how to start off other than using characters that aren't the three actual main characters. I also want to give the anons a good chunk of agency in determining the main character, what advice have you for having multiple possible main characters, with the unchosen ones being supporting characters later?
>>
>>123525
Make them choose a character trait, a class/skillset, or some other thing that happens to align with each of the possible characters while being clearly different from another.

Sorry to say I never played the game, and unless it's a popular franchise you're unlikely to find a large amount of people at all familiar with the setting and/or premise. I'd advise against requiring knowledge about it. That said, someone probably will metagame if the setting preexists.
>>
>>123525
I doubt anybody else here has played that game
>>
>>123525
I have played it, but I imagine it would take place prior to the events of the game? Otherwise isn't the main threat and everything...averted by the actual protags?

I'd probably just design three characters that use similar styles as the protags and give them enough description to cement that these are less inserts and more actual people, so when the players run across them, they'll remember the descriptions from Thread 1.
>>
>>123772
The protags have been written out entirely. There are direct replacements for Vahn and Noa, and the third character you would get appears in the same place as Gala, but is not actually affiliated with his order. The choices would appear as follows:

>The fledgling hunter from a small seaside village.
>The amnesiac, raised alone in a cave.
>The (almost) knight, stranded far from home.
>>
>>123815
Oh then with the lack of knowledge on it that seems to be, then that's a cointoss on how well it'll do.

Might be cool. The Mist or Fog or whatever it was in that game was a really interesting world event.
>>
>>123835
I would flesh out the choices more to clarify that they are all actual characters, as well as the first few posts establishing personality based on past events the anons would have agency in determining the characters reactions to.

The only reason I don't in that initial choice is gender bias(on /tg/, if boy or girl is a question, it is nigh invariably girl), and anon's propensity to select the most off-the-wall one, which is definitely the amnesiac (being raised in a cave by a puma with a big stone sitting on its head, with no recollection of how she got there? Yup)
>>
Just how common are
>you're in prison
>wat do
MSPA ripoffs, exactly?

I count 6 in the catalogue right now and 2 of them are mine. I expected there to be a lot more.
>>
Why do people keep shitposting bad threads?

>>124214
>I count 6 in the catalogue right now and 2 of them are mine.

Just why.
>>
>>124421
>>124421
>>124421

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now up and running.
>>
>>124414
>Just why.
I'm not trying to shitpost, mine are an earnest attempt at running quests that I don't intend to abandon. I'm just curious as to how common these are.
>>
>Shipgirl Commander went full X-com
Don't put sci-fi shit in my magical WWII-girl game
>>
>>107414
The QM is good, but she's the flakiest human being imaginable
>>
>>124560
>she's the flakiest human being imaginable
Pretty sure Whiskey is a dude.
>>
>>124567
Tale can't even commit to avoiding questing
>>
File: 1424619053736.jpg (110KB, 700x667px) Image search: [Google]
1424619053736.jpg
110KB, 700x667px
Can I get some recs on finished drawquests? I just finished rubyquest and lust for more drawquests. I've already read prequel and mspa.
>>
>>114477
>I haven't yet found a QM with the balls to write about crippling failure
>Have you tried Planefag?
He doesn't always blog about his life Anon.
>>
>>114718
>He actually works off of the anime-ness to give the characters more depth, at least to some degree.
And what's left is far more cancerous
>>
File: Lonely.png (943KB, 675x540px) Image search: [Google]
Lonely.png
943KB, 675x540px
I need a good title for my quest.

It is basically Spelljammer meets Star Trek.

Do any of these sound good?

>Project Astral
>Astral Project
>Astral Venture
>Astral Ark
>Out Of Body Exploration
>Transmundane
>Just Plane Folk
>>
>>124604
Sleep Paralysis: The Quest
>>
>>124604
I don't think anybody cares about quest names. Just name it whatever you think rolls off the tongue the best. IMO, either Transmundane or Astral Venture sound the best.
>>
What's your opinion on MC backstories in quests?
How much of a backstory do you prefer them to have?
What's the best way, in your opinion, for the QM to communicate the backstory to the players?
>>
>>124638
Thanks! I think I'll go with Transmundane because it sounds the classiest.
>>
File: i'mgonnakissyou.png (26KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
i'mgonnakissyou.png
26KB, 550x400px
>>124582
Waterworks

There's also Quest's Pokequests, PAY DAT RENT and the Beginner's Guide to the End Of The Universe.
>>
>>124797
Questy's*
>>
>>124705
Write all your backstory of a MC down in a notepad or in a journal or type it in a document beforehand. Allows you to have a pre-established personality for your MC and so you don't have to make something up on the fly. Don't post that background fully but instead in each post hint at the background unless the MC is on some crazy revenge quest which would be odd if you didn't mention why he was on this revenge quest.

Having the background written out already can only make things more realistic when you finally reveal the great secret of the MC's history. Better writing with the plot.

This is kind of only helpful if you plan out a rough story to begin with and allowing the anons to move around in this world you created. Don't over complicate it where anons cannot follow it though. Just make it a realistic believable background for your MC.

AVOID MAKING IT A RAILROAD QUEST. no one hates it more than feeling like their actions are meaningless. I admit most of my threads are on the fly when writing them because I write very long posts for each action.

Hopefully this was helpful.
>>
File: Untitled.png (32KB, 1213x906px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32KB, 1213x906px
>>106218

Just made a 3 player quest here, shouldn't take too long to play through

>>124778
>>
>>124911

Just need one more here
>>
>>124582
Weaver ran a spiritual successor to Ruby Quest called Nan Quest.

It's not as good as Ruby, but it's still a hell of a lot better than 90% of quests out there.
>>
>>124797
>>125020
Aw ye, thanks anons
>>
>>125073
If you're willing to sort through/endure the omnipresent furfaggotry, tgchan is almost exclusively drawquests.

It was created back in Ruby's era, after /tg/ became inhospitable to quests. It's the residence of Weaver and some other ye olde QMs.
>>
>>124911

Still need one more here, anyone?
>>
>>121878
The Dualist's Qualia is now underway!
>>125262

>>123268
Maybe I'll grant your wish tonight.
>>
https://twitter.com/Kov_QM

I still don't think I was added to the directory.>>106218 (OP)

My next thread will be later, family stuff is going down.Maybe monday or tuesday.
If you want to catch up what has happened here are the links

Part one:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/44086/

Part two:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/78892/
>>
>>123525
I remember Legaia.

You could probably just run it straight and nobody would know that it's a ripoff.
>>
>>123525
Do you have the mechanics set up already? Like....combat?
>>
>>125821
Yeah, I figured, but I had a few problems with it, and would prefer to write original characters with anon's input.

>>125866
At this point I intend to run it sort of like King of Hearts does, with the whole 3d10 resolving just about all situations, and the progression sort of detailing what you can and can't do with a soft narrative cap as opposed to a hard number. I'm still in the "I might run this, I might not" camp though, so mechanics are secondary to narrative structure until I feel strongly enough about it to actually decide to run.
>>
>>125906
cheers then, I'll stop by if it syncs with my timezone.
>>
>>125906
>>125916

I should append that it would be my second quest, if you count my incomplete first experience of 8 threads. I had several problems and made a couple of narrative turns that were generally not appreciated, and I bit off a little more than I can chew by perspective-hopping to an at-the-time antagonist. I feel better about it now, but cheifest among my concerns are /qst/'s playerbase size and quality compared to /tg/, and writing convincingly. Two of the protags possible are female, and that was one of the problems I had personally writing MOTAquest.

Archive here if you're interested, the MC is a wind mage boxer jackalgirl. Last time I let anon have total agency in chargen.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=MOTA
>>
>>125922
>end of 2014
woah, that was some time ago. Hmm, I can't say I ever noticed it.

Probably means I'll still be asleep at the start and only see it midway through.
>>
>>123525
Legaia is based, do it.
>>
>>126056
I'm playing through it again now, was actually my first video game. I kind of want to put in a system for using arts, but I have really no reasonable idea how that would work, beyond just sort of turning Art Points into mana, but for your fists.
>>
>>126083
You just mentioned biting off more than you can chew, so be careful.

An MP system that recharges based on damage dealt and taken sounds like a lot of work for you and not a lot of actual effect.

Considering we can't cheat in dpad stuff, you might want to consider SaGa's style of chaining actions
>Slash
>Side Slash
>Overhead Slash
>Art: Cross Slash

or Tales' "use X, Y, and Z art a bunch of times to unlock another art"

But really, all of these are too gamey for a quest. Definitely needs some streamlining before trying out.
>>
>>125890
>>125890
If you haven't heard Saurn is back with another one, come join.
>>125890
>>125890
>>
>>126099
Yeah. I'm also tempted to sort of lift the system from False Dendrite of using a rock-paper-scissors thing, because honestly that was a lot of what Legaia boiled down to: Do I use Magic to attack/heal, do I bust out a Miracle Art, or do I Spirit and guard against attacks. It's not a direct translation, since arts weren't necessarily better or worse than magic, and Spirit affected all damage equally. Again, with the uncertainty.
>>
>>126114
Legaia wasn't really RPS. I mean, I guess it is if you have enemies with extremely high guard rates that arts do nothing, but things like being immune to low/high attacks served more to make physical combat more interesting as you change up what arts to use than to actually deter you.
>>
>>126122
You're right, and that was what I loved about their combat system, of course sacrifices must be made to maintain game flow. In my last quest I tried to make it a mechanically driven fight instead of narratively, but that ended in a lot of work and a lot of wonkily-timed fights. I love how combat in King's quests and PGQ/False Dendrite flows really well from a reader standpoint. I'm not married to attempting to use Legaia's mechanics, it would just be a nice thing to do if it works in a sane and easy manner.
>>
>>126134
There was a quest a while ago where when the protagonist scored a hit that rocked the enemy the author declared it a "COMBO OPEN" and basically took *any* suggestion on what to do to the enemy, leading to giant robots getting suplexed.
>>
>>126155
Oooh, I like that. That could definitely just get its serial numbers filed off and replaced with HYPER ART or activate the secondaries on Seru summons. Could run the 3d10 system and just replace crits with that.
>>
>>126155
>Trip
Yet I don't see anything about your quest. Weird, huh?
>>
File: youarealreadymad.png (212KB, 485x409px) Image search: [Google]
youarealreadymad.png
212KB, 485x409px
>>126205
Yeah, I took it off for a bit because I was posting on another board, then I posted about my quest and I'm too lazy to take it off every time I make a different post.
>>
File: Smoking ma' pipe.gif (2MB, 342x304px) Image search: [Google]
Smoking ma' pipe.gif
2MB, 342x304px
>>126215
>Yeah, I took it off for a bit because I was posting on another board, then I posted about my quest and I'm too much of an attention whore to take it off every time I make a different post.
Fixed it for you, my friend.
>>
File: Do You Have Enough Bait.png (83KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Do You Have Enough Bait.png
83KB, 625x626px
>>126220
gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: KYS.gif (109KB, 209x192px) Image search: [Google]
KYS.gif
109KB, 209x192px
>>126231
Just because you get angry every time someone calls you out on what you are, doesn't make it a bait. Have a good day, attention whore.
>>
File: you for real.png (109KB, 287x288px) Image search: [Google]
you for real.png
109KB, 287x288px
>>126244
Insofar, the only one giving him attention as a tripfag is you.
>>
>>126244
you look like the attention whore to me.

where's your progress on that shonen quest?
>>
File: community_image_1396323664.jpg (24KB, 412x610px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1396323664.jpg
24KB, 412x610px
>>126244
Man, I should just trip up all the time if I can inspire this much butthurt with literally zero effort.
>>
File: 1462291124395.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1462291124395.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
>>126248
>>126251
>>126253
It's so easy every time.
>>
File: the story of you.jpg (167KB, 986x531px) Image search: [Google]
the story of you.jpg
167KB, 986x531px
>>126256
>joke's on you i was only pretending
>>
>>126256
I....don't see how you enjoy this, but good for you.
>>
File: drunk time.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
drunk time.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>126256
Is this when our backslide into regular /qtg/ shitstorms begin?
>>
File: 1461982705183.jpg (101KB, 513x486px) Image search: [Google]
1461982705183.jpg
101KB, 513x486px
>>126263
What I said was true, but the fact that it triggers you this hard is hilarious every time.

>>126264
>>126266
And the QM defense force is always right on time.
>>
File: what am I reading.jpg (41KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
what am I reading.jpg
41KB, 613x533px
>>126269
>And the QM defense force is always right on time
I wasn't even referring to QMs.
>>
>>126269
>uses a /b/tard meme
Dude. Just stop.
>>
>>126280
Let's just ignore this asshat.
>>
>>126269
Or you could stop, you know.
>the fact that it triggers you this hard
Yes, insulting people generally has that effect. Great discovery.
>>
File: 1451428194293.jpg (67KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1451428194293.jpg
67KB, 500x354px
>>126231
>>126248
>>126251
>>126253
>>126263
>>126264
>>126266
>>126278
>>126280
>>126289
I appreciate it, guys. I was running low on (You)'s. :^) See you next time!
>>
File: sayaka the hell.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sayaka the hell.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
Where the hell did this "Yous" meme come from anyway? The fuck does a (You) do for anyone?
>>
Shut up, fags.
Have a quest.
>>121711
>>
>>126301
>The fuck does a (You) do for anyone?
Some say if you get enough (You)'s, you'll become a mod. That's just a rumor though, but how knows for sure?

Have a (You), on the house.
>>
And speaking of quests, mine just hit autosage (or will be in a matter of minutes.)
>>110799
Basically it's another run-of-the-mill fanfic quest with atrocious art and no direction. I'm a major rookie in this and I wonder if anyone liked what I've got so far. Now that there's some stuff happening, I do have a plot idea should I ever get there.

>>126301
Basically it's a sign that people are paying attention to you, and getting a (You) feels special in an anonymous imageboard.
>>
May I just say, as somebody who uses a trip for QMing that being an attention whore tripfag is pretty disguting.

Yet this board has ids coded to the thread, so everyone is subtly a tripfag.

It's kinda of annoying. But seriously Moon_Cell, engaging people that shit on your trip just makes me more likely to think you're a bait-biting faggot
>>
>Undead Champion
OP?!
>>121250
>Hah. No. The Discord is just about as active as the IRCs.
Less so a lot of times with people that are really fucking boring.
>>
>>126155
>There was a quest a while ago where when the protagonist scored a hit that rocked the enemy the author declared it a "COMBO OPEN" and basically took *any* suggestion on what to do to the enemy, leading to giant robots getting suplexed.

>giant robots getting suplexed

Is this Mecha Space Pirate Quest or some other quest on another site?
>>
>>126583
>OP?!
Welcome to the Hexer Zone.
>>
>>126606
no, it was on /m/ like a decade ago
>>
Is anyone here familiar with DICE: the cube that changes everything, the manhwa?

I'm thinking of running a quest based off of it. Except that I can't draw, and have never done anything like this QM'ing deal. Do any of you seasoned QMs think this could work/would be a good idea?
>>
>>126861
Everything's a good idea until it crashes and burns; do it.
>>
Time to shill my quest a little bit. It's about superpowers and stuff.

>>127017
>>
Anyone knows if Badge and Bullet got that sequel the QM promised?
>>
>>126861
>have never done anything like this QM'ing deal.
that's not important.

Have you read/participated in other quests, done any kind of GMing, or even just read the pastebin?
>>
File: rulerquestleaders.png (63KB, 1892x580px) Image search: [Google]
rulerquestleaders.png
63KB, 1892x580px
>>106218
>Shilling time
>>125407
Rulerquest, a quest in wich the /qst/ hivemind tells me how to rule over not!Serbia the nation of Slawonika, as the other nations on the region struggle to survive the war that is approaching.
>>
>>118512
Ya, he dead. Thats is the sad fate of RE-type quests.
>>
Question: is it considered faux-pas to link music in your quest?

I'm not claiming they're my songs, but I like to listen to music while I write and sometime think that it accompanies certain scenes well.
>>
>>128040
Literally doesn't matter. Those who will listen to it will, the others won't. Do what you like.
>>
Does a quest necessarily have to use dice rolls, or could it function like a "choose your own adventure", where decisions, rather than chance, guide the outcome of a story?
>>
>>128074
You don't need dice rolls at all.
>>
>>128020
was that the guy with the moeshit spidergirl quest?
>>
>>128088
Well that's great.

I was thinking of starting a quest, but was thinking about the idea first.

This specific quest would center around some homeless guy who comes into a xenophobic town, and is eventually tasked with finding the father of a young girl. As he begins to investigate the father's disappearance, he begins to learn more about the town's secrets and who's responsible for the disappearance.

Eventually, he develops this kind of power. It's "armor", functioning in some sort of way (for comparison, think the halfway point between a Kamen Rider/Super Sentai henshin and a Stand).

Does that sound remotely interesting?
>>
>>128116
Sounds great.
>>
>>128116
depends on the execution.

kinda getting tired of typing this baka desu senpai
>>
New Dark Gate Academy is up;
>>128149
>>128149
>>128149
>>
>>128129
well get used to it

school's almost out, y'hear?
>>
>>128129
autistic answer phamily, nobody needs to know the obvious
>>
>>128101
I would not call Lyra moe, more of a player choice molded Sue
>>
>>128365
or maybe dice molded
>>
>>126256
Nice damage control there man.
>>
File: 1462733312989.jpg (112KB, 622x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462733312989.jpg
112KB, 622x900px
Would anyone be interested in a structured worldbuilding game, like the Godgame meets the Evolutionary games but with lots more rules?
>>
For anyone that links music from youtube keep in mind that youtube quality is not great and a lot of the flavor can be missed. Also, don't link a track that's attached to a video you haven't listened to entirely because there might be a screaming fucking child right at the end and it shows that you didn't check your goddamn work holy fuckballs.
But do keep trying, well timed music or BGM is really nice when it fits.
>>
>>126244
Idiots like you are worse than cancer.
>>
>>129565
Didn't even think about using music until seeing this, but I'll keep it in mind. Basing a quest off an existing franchise at least gives you some built-in music to work with.
>>
File: 1449603774957.png (45KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1449603774957.png
45KB, 554x439px
>>128867
>>129628
>People are still falling for bait several hours later
>>
File: Drops of Revelation.jpg (204KB, 900x764px) Image search: [Google]
Drops of Revelation.jpg
204KB, 900x764px
>>130230
Valen Quest has gone live, for any of my (four) players who missed the twitter.
>>
>>126244
>doesn't make it a bait
>>126269
>What I said was true
>>126298
>running low on (You)'s
>>130243
>>>128867
>>>129628
>>People are still falling for bait several hours later

>When you try to start shit seriously then start to lose an argument
>Claims it's bait so people don't think you're actually retarded.

Must be straight off the boat from /b/ my man. Things are kinda different around these parts. Want a tour?
>>
>>130635

Shamelessly shilling for my quest.
>>
File: 1451847747358.jpg (81KB, 630x623px) Image search: [Google]
1451847747358.jpg
81KB, 630x623px
>>130699
see
>>130243
I should become a fisherman at this rate.
>>
As a completely unrelated person, may I just say, stop biting the bait.

>It's not bait, he's just losing a --

I don't care. Stop. Engaging.
>>
we are back!

>>114242
>>114242
>>114242
>>
You know what's total shit?

People who don't like your premise or setting or any of the worldbuilding in it, so they freeform RP among themselves in-thread and cough up their own headcanon to officialize.
>>
File: 1453244708023.jpg (29KB, 628x380px) Image search: [Google]
1453244708023.jpg
29KB, 628x380px
>tfw you are starting to regret starting your quest on Akun
>>
>>131764

I've seen it done a couple of times and I always laughed harder than I should when there's like three different stories going on at once and one of the knock-offs have more votes than the actual one.

I thank the dicegods everyday that hasn't happened to me yet.
>>
>>131764
Which quest did this happen in??
>>
>>131790
Several years ago on /tg/ and some private quest pitches/worldbuilding over IMs.
>>
>>131790

I recall that NORG's quests used to devolve into such shenanigans sometimes.
>>
File: 1460825236521.jpg (122KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1460825236521.jpg
122KB, 500x501px
>>131783
Wait wrong one
>>
File: vs the punisher.jpg (66KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
vs the punisher.jpg
66KB, 633x537px
The Punisher: Kancolle Quest when?
>>
>>131838
Your readers think you taste like a liar?
>>
>>131878
When you make it, bud.
>>
File: floralshoppe.png (197KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
floralshoppe.png
197KB, 350x350px
>>131878
I think you mean Magical Girl Vektroid.
>>
File: 1463198768831.png (205KB, 372x639px) Image search: [Google]
1463198768831.png
205KB, 372x639px
>>131878

Why not a Pun Pun Kill-chan: Kancolle Quest?
>>
File: 1463073969878.jpg (27KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
1463073969878.jpg
27KB, 480x445px
>>131891
I think I'm a liar

Low turnouts making me think If i started in /tg/ or /qst/ I'd have a better turn out

Oh well I'll endure it I guess
It'll probably get better as I become more consistent
>>
Can I get feedback on my quest, if anyone doesn't mind? It's pretty short with the thread being 150 posts, and I drawfag'd too.
It's >>106674
I want to be less shit at this, and a little critique could help a lot.
>>
>>132080
Which quest is it? What's it about?
>>
>>132102
Exalted Age

Dragon Age quest set during the 5th age
MC is a apostate
Players voted to go to the Dales and explore ruins

http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-age/4P7nzMogBzBPFjd4R/home
>>
>>132085
If you're just sicking with lineart I'd recommend switching your pressure settings to determine line width rather than opacity. Your preference really, but it doesn't really seem to make much sense to me to have all the lines be half-faded.
>>
>>132156
Ah thank you. I just kept it like that so I could do textures and some background bits faster. I'll try switching it up.
>>
>>131790
Some guy was trying in mine earlier. He fucked off, though.
>>
Pandora Quest 32

>>>/tg/47259118
>>
>>132255
Which quest thread was this?
>>
>>106218
>advice
Never let your meta break the fourth wall that the mods hide behind. Probably more like the seventh wall or something, but you get the idea.
>>
>Hexer finally updates Undead Champion again
>it's going to fall of the board soon because of the 72 hour autosage
It's like pottery.
>>
>>131764
I don't get it. You mean it sucks that they don't just leave?
>>
Man, the Discord server is dead as fuck, most of the people that speak are new QMs too.
>>
>>133534
Some authors like it, some don't. I'd hoped to have my quest work as a sort of general siphon for that kind of dynamic, so it wouldn't pollute other quests.
>>
>>133604
I hate IRCs and Discord and any circlejerk like that.
>>
>>133615
They're helpful for advice and tossing around ideas if you're a QM.
>>
>>133615
I'm trying hard not to roll my eyes here.
>>
5 fucking days and this thread is still up. What a dead board.
>>
>>134026
Go back to /b/, or /v/, or whatever fast cancer board you came from, dickhead.

Five days really isn't very long
>>
>>134078
Probably the people who still want to stay on /tg/ for whatever reason and wanting the impression of this board as dead as possible.

I'm going to laugh if the mods start removing quests on /tg/.
>>
>>134090
I'm going to laugh if the mods start deleting all the cultural/civ games and risk threads and then force the quest on /tg/ to move.
>>
>>134090
>>134108
I'm going to laugh if the mods delete this piece of shit board
>>
>>134114
Wormybits please.

>>134090
>Probably the people who still want to stay on /tg/ for whatever reason
Look around man. This board is pretty dead, and the average quest is not only terrible, but doesn't have players. The most successful threads aren't even quests.
>>
>>134163
>The most successful threads aren't even quests
.....that IS rather ironic.
Thread posts: 516
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.