[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Off topic generals on /a/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 477
Thread images: 27

File: 1422720043713.png (128KB, 1672x991px) Image search: [Google]
1422720043713.png
128KB, 1672x991px
Over the years there has been a growing problem on /a/ in the form of general threads which last twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. It has now reached a saturation point wherein if you want to discuss something /a/ related, you either find a general thread for the particular thing or you create your own and the thread is either ignored or you are told to fuck off to X general. The remaining threads are essentially cookie-cutter template meme threads which function similar to a general in that they attract the same set of inane and often off topic bullshit, every single fucking time they are post. These template threads basically your garden variety "why is X allowed", which are in essence no different to the multitudes of the same threads on /v/, however with a different image but the same bullshit autistm.

However, out of all of these cancerous generals there is one in particular which is no longer at all on topic nor relative to the board which it exists on. I am referring to the Daily Japanese Thread. In the past this thread has been protected by a fucking moronic mod, under the pretence that it was good for the rest of /a/; that it would produce more scanlators and the like. In theory, good idea. In practice, even by that point the mod stepped in to make an "official" statement, the thread itself was more focused on dumping images of visual novel screenshots (VNs belong on /jp/) and autistically arguing about shit unrelated to /a/ such as English grammar, different Japanese learning websites, creating internal bogeyman for anyone who didn't care for the established hivemind, etc. People saw this statement from the mod as free pass to do anything they fucking wanted and it would be protected.

boards.4chan.org/a/thread/138682886
Yes, pic is sadly related.
>>
File: 1422720363887.png (182KB, 1107x935px) Image search: [Google]
1422720363887.png
182KB, 1107x935px
>>469090
Some time around late 2014 an anon appeared in the thread which would drastically alter the dynamic of the general, all the way to its current point. From this anon was born a rather huge resource hub and eventually a small dedicated website to the guide and other related productions of the thread itself. This massive host of resources, etc. which are useful for any learner and not just /a/nons, has been posted on several websites and imageboards around the web and has drawn a huge amount of outsiders and crossboarders into the thread. In itself it is a positive thing however these posters are not /a/nons and they do not give a fuck about anime or manga. Over the past few months people have been increasingly more vocal and open about how the thread isn't part of /a/ and people trying to bring back /a/ elements need to leave. This has spiralled out of control and at the moment and over the past month, maybe, there has been a huge amount of bickering because someone decided to create a new thread when the old one died by use an image for the OP which contained a famous anime and manga character everyone on /a/ knows and loves.

In the past this happened on a semi-frequent basis and it was generally appreciated as a nice way to change things up. However the thread now is full of autismal manchild who are extremely offended by this change in what they perceive as their little cirlcejerk and have been shitting up threads ever since, basically putting up a face of attrition in what I assume hoping that if they carry on like spastic autists long enough, the /a/nons will leave the thread and they can go back to their generic 24/7 safe space which is tangentially about the Japanese language and entirely nothing about anime or manga.

Some previous threads for further examples.
>>>/a/138658262
>>>/a/138622484
>>>/a/138591293
>>
File: 18148116846841.png (146KB, 1846x561px) Image search: [Google]
18148116846841.png
146KB, 1846x561px
>>469091
They have established their own website and everything pertaining to the thread itself is handled entirely outside of the context of 4chan and it being maintained by people who no longer visit /a/. What those few posters achieved is truly impressive on a scale not seen in a persistent thread on /a/, however it has no place on /a/ anymore. Mods, please fucking do something about this. Get rid of this cancerous general once and for all.

Now compare that to an example of what it was before the autists took over:
http://4chandata.org/a/Daily-Japanese-Thread-198-a38194
>>
This bullshit happens in a lot of generals. While I think generals are a nice idea in concept, too many of them just fall apart like this.
>>
The problem is that while these threads should ideally be on /jp/, /jp/ doesn't want them there knowing it's from /a/ and would shitpost them up, and nobody would be happy. Same goes for buyfag threads. /jp/ was literally made for those. Oh well.
>>
>>469094
>This bullshit happens in a lot of generals.
It does however every other general on /a/ is at least /a/ related, whereas this general is entirely off topic and doing nothing but attracting people who don't give a shit about /a/.

>>469095
>Oh well.
It is literally the job of the mods to fix this.
Reporting the threads does nothing and the feedback section hasn't responded.
>>
File: ultimatum.png (12KB, 978x198px) Image search: [Google]
ultimatum.png
12KB, 978x198px
So mods, are you doing to actually do your fucking job?
You handed out an ultimatum in February and the faggots laughed in your face and have stayed arrogantly indignant in the fact that they are allowed to post whatever the fuck they want regardless of the board they are on.

https://desustorage.org/a/thread/137032768/#q137040249
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/137032768/#q137040458

Please do your job and stop letting these autists make a mockery of the moderation on /a/. They don't give a fuck and will not change till they are thrown out, because they have no regard for the board, rules, or anything aside their little hivemind of memes and shitposting. Remember when people were banned for going on with shit that didn't pertain to anime or manga?
>>
oh no! the catalog only has 149 slots for threads I like instead of 150!

boo fucking hoo
>>
>>469090
> go to >>>/a/catalog
> Ctrl + F, "General"
> 1 result.
> quick scan for typical /xxx/-style general tag in OP or subject
> not a single one

Please tell me more about your first world problems anon.
>>
>>469094
>While I think generals are a nice idea in concept
On a traditional forum? Yea. However, generals are literally everything 4chan is not.
>>
>>469118
>for something to be a general it requires that faggot general OP
>>
>half the thread filled with corrupt janis falseflagging about a real issue

Funny how the new ones are too autistic to even save face.
>>
>>469090

new moderation is corrupt as fuck and babysits most generals themselves since last year. You have they literally bringing attention whores and even what seem to be teenagers, letting them shitpost and getting away while only deleting people that offend them personally. People need to know.
>>
>>469118
> not a single one
Right now:
・One Piece general
>>>/a/138697494
>>>/a/138698627
・Osomatsu-san general
>>>/a/138682874
・Saki general
>>>/a/138663517
・Assassination Classroom general
>>>/a/138692985
・Stalker general
>>>/a/138695058
・Hunter x Hunter general
>>>/a/138683401
・Daily Japanese Thread general
>>>/a/138682886
・KanColle general
>>>/a/138691450
・Yuyushiki general
>>>/a/138662700
・Schwarz general
>>>/a/138683883
・sadpanda general
>>>/a/138637081
・Tokyo Ghoul general
>>>/a/138690588
・Shokugeki general
>>>/a/138683618
・OPT general
>>>/a/138696044
・Madoka general
>>>/a/138677233
・Boku dake general
>>>/a/138693045
・Drawfag general
>>>/a/138689793
・Jojo Thread
>>>/a/138668755
・monogatari general
>>>/a/138693373
・Overlord general
>>>/a/138662332
・Digimon general
>>>/a/138682323
・Monster Musume general
>>>/a/138696134
・buyfag general
>>>/a/138678794
・Yu-Gi-Oh!
>>>/a/138662364

I think you get the idea by now. These are all threads you will generally find at any given point if you open the catalog and within these threads are the only place you are able to discuss the subject those threads are named after. They are also mostly off topic circlejerks full of autists.
Please don't be so fucking dishonest and lazy next time.
>>
>>469116
So you are saying we are better off ignoring a gangrenous
growth instead of removing it?

>>469118
>>469293
The remaining threads are either threads which are ignored due to not being a general, or are dedicated meme shitposting threads such as:
・>opening by Nano.RIPE
>>>/a/138676261
・ITT: Characters that are literally you
>>>/a/138692788
・And close your tabs on dead threads while you are at it.
>>>/a/138698998
・>/A/ suddenly hates yanderes
>>>/a/138695427
・Is this allowed?
>>>/a/138699786
・ITT: Japanese schoolgirls that are literally you
>>>/a/138698126
・Describe this girl
>>>/a/138690456
>>
>>469293
You forgot the
>konosuba
>>>/a/138677559
One anon
>>
>>469293
>・Hunter x Hunter general

Hunter x Hunter is finally coming back after like a year and a half on hiatus. Can you really call this a general?

You really need to watch HxH so you can understand why people are so excited about this.
>>
>>469303
That's a newer edition so I left it out in the general sweep, but yeah it is another general.
All anyone has to do is make a thread for any of these series that isn't part of the general and they will see the impact these general threads have.

>>469305
>You really need to watch HxH so you can understand why people are so excited about this.
It is a general as it if full of the cancerous hallmarks of a general circlejerk and you cannot make a thread about ハンター×ハンター without being told to fuck off to the general of the thread. That people are talking about things isn't the issue.
>>
>>469307
>you cannot make a thread about ハンター×ハンター without being told to fuck off to the general of the thread.

This isn't even true. HxH actually has a good fanbase so there are no constant generals. Just various threads about the show.
>>
>>469307
>All anyone has to do is make a thread for any of these series that isn't part of the general and they will see the impact these general threads have.
Yea I already have made threads for gifting.
>make it
>dont make extra threads <insert general link>
>some faggot keeps my thread bumped
>previous general dies
>they all move to my thread take it over and then generalfag and start fucking chainlinking to a dead thread like retards

In-fact, things on /a/ have gotten so bad that any show that has more than one thread gets a bunch of people trying to redirect you to the already up thread like fucking retards. Even if it is a seasonal show and just aired.
>>
>>469308
>This isn't even true.
It is.
Try it.
>>
>>469293
Saki general is my treasure on /a/, wont even lie
>>
>>469309
Here is an example recently of what happened when people make threads with a different OP image, in respect to the daily Japanese thread:
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/138395483
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/138297913
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/138047370
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/137970514
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/137818953

Very few threads on /a/ are this cancerous and autistic.
Yet the anons throwing tantrums specifically because the image in the OP is different (yes, that's fucking it) and uses something relative to /a/, instead of some generic image which makes the outsiders feel accepted, are allowed to carry on in a manner which on any other thread would not be tolerated.

I think people may read this thread and think it is just being blown out of proportion but I urge anyone to actually take some time to read through these linked DJT generals to see for yourself.
>>
>>469310
I have tried it dozens of times in the past. Pull up a random HxH thread and it's likely to have been created by me. You won't find any such posts.
>>
>>469316
Ugh. I hate when people put "secret discussion" behind spoiler tags. From now on whenever I see that I'm just going to slide into the discussion and drop massive spoilers for popular things in there.
>>
>>469316
>Now do we ignore it, or do we post in it as if there's nothing wrong with it in order to thwart the autistic crossboarder's efforts to stir shit up?
>This thread is about Japanese, not fucking anime.
>reddit screencap
>No alternate OP images if it's just gonna be used as an avenue for forced memes.
>Couldn't find the thread until I ctrl+f'd. Fuck off and only use images that follow the general forma
Cancer, DJT need to be fucking nuked from /a/.

>>469318
>From now on whenever I see that I'm just going to slide into the discussion and drop massive spoilers for popular things in there.
Good idea.
>>
>>469321
The thread has been like that for ages and it has become dramatically worse after the mod stepped in with >>469103
It seems as they think they really can be an island of lepers tucked away within a landlocked island inside /a/ and do whatever the fuck they want without consequence. Seriously, read the responses the hotpocket got from that the thread linked in the linked post. They don't give a shit and things are only going to get a lot worse till the thread is either purged or forced into a weekly cycle like the ゆゆ式 general.

There is however no justification for allowing the general to continue. They already have their own website which functions entirely independent of /a/.
bitlasers.com/djt
They also have their own feedback section which is ironically better maintained that our own feedback section on 4chan.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nC03SCIiEy_4S0Ivv56dADu46sAWh5YANFB4gFuNChI/pubhtml?widget=true&amp;headers=false&chrome=false

I mean, just what the fuck is the moderation doing protecting this thread which clearly has no place on /a/ and it only attracting outsiders who have no intention to either lurk or to post on topic within the greater presence of the board? It boggles the fucking mind. What exactly do these autists have that they are able to spit in the face of team hotpocket, who are notoriously arrogant, and continue to be pandered to for so long? Are their jannies which are regular shitposters in the thread or something?

On top of all that there is a newfag anon who avatarposts with every single post, with most of the posts being entirely off topic.:
http://desustorage.org/a/search/filename/imouto.jpg/
Fucking seriously mods, why are you protecting such blatant faggotry?
>>
>>469309
they are mostly underaged newfags who think an image board works like a forum. You can only have one of each, general and need to bump it like a retard to "keep it alive". And corrupt moderation is bringing in even more kids, their plan is to slowly kill the board community.
>>
>>469342
All we can do it bring it to attention.
>>
>check archives to see if there was discussion about moderation
>see http://desustorage.org/a/thread/131387661/#131391681

Did the jani just deleted this post who disagreed with her after she throwed a hissy fit on the previous one? Where did they hire this retard? Is corrupt jani even old enough to be there?
>>
>>469092
Fuck off, the site contains nothing but a guide and links to resources. At least try to contain your autism a bit better.
>>
>>469326
Why does it bother you so much? Stop going there if it triggers you enough to make you post these autistic walls of text.
>>
>>469326
There's shitposting in literally every general, princess. Take your ritalin.
>>
>>469293
Holy fuck. What the fuck are you thinking? Every thread about a series is a general thread? What do you want people to do when they want to talk about a series? Frankly this post here undermines whatever point you may have had.
>>
>>469387
That site contains everything needed by generic learners of Japanese and is handled entirely outside of the context of /a/. In fact if you do a google search with the URL, the site shows up on these sites
http://pastebin.com/cPBsMMrS
Clearly this is something that does not pertain to /a/.
I find it amusing that you are throwing the word autism around as an attempt to deflect criticism. Let me guess, you came from the problem general in question? What are your objections to the criticisms levied in the OP of this thread?
>>
>>469393
>>469394
>>469395
Looks like the generalfags found the thread.
Sorry but "it's shit, against the rules but fuck you, put up with it" is not a valid excuse. Could you try to address some of the points expressed instead of throwing insults around like children?
>>
I have noticed an increasing amount of people who boast about not liking anime and manga in this thread. You would think that they would at least keep it to themselves. I agree that it is not relevant (or maybe not relevant anymore) to /a/ and does not belong here. It attracts too many idiots who don't understand 4chan and /a/ rules. I think I have even seen someone there admit they were underage, and it doesn't look like anything was done.
>>
>>469316
All of your examples were after the Sakura shitstorm (which only happened because it was the same ugly as fuck image 3 times in a row) and most of them were images intentionally made in a way that would make people mad. What the fuck did you think was going to happen you retard? Contain your autism. Before, the OP image was usually a default image, but every few threads it'd have a version with random characters in it or it'd even just be a random page from a manga or LN, and guess what? No one gave a single fuck. The only reason there were such massive shitstorms was because the image was either purposely obnoxious as fuck to make people angry directly after the Sakura OP arguments, or that one autist kept false flagging and baiting as hard as he could to stir shit up. This is literally a case of one or two people ruining the entire thread for the other 100-200+ posters.
>>
>>469403
>in this thread
By that I meant DJT, just to clarify.

There are other general-type threads that have reached a similar level of circlejerk/crossboard crap and mods don't bother to clean up (3x3 comes to mind), but at least conceptually they are relevant to the board.
>>
>>469399
>What are your objections to the criticisms levied in the OP of this thread?
It's meaningless bullshit that no one cares about. The benefits of having an easily accessible Japanese learning thread on a forum that's focused on Japanese content outweigh the 'problem' of it being slightly off topic. You're making a huge deal about something completely trivial.
>>
>>469399
Not him. The easiest criticism to make is thus.
>They have established their own website and everything pertaining to the thread itself is handled entirely outside of the context of 4chan
The website does not handle forum discussion which is what the thread is for, so the existence of the guide and all the media stuff does not make a good case to delete the thread.

Some harder criticisms to make is that
>autistically arguing about shit unrelated to /a/ such as English grammar, different Japanese learning websites, creating internal bogeyman for anyone who didn't care for the established hivemind, etc
Is something that could similarly be said of every thread on 4chan. It's a common meme that 4chan argues a fuckton and gets off topic. DJT is not special in this regard.

Other than that, I can see no good points levied at why DJT should be deleted. Your only points is that they argue a lot and are offtopic, but the same could be said of any thread given enough time, and a quick persual of the links show a good deal of on-topic discussion with just a few people (the minority) arguing. It seems to me the better solution would to have a janitor delete and ban those who make offtopic posts.
>>469401
Why did you not respond to the criticism in >>469395? You labeled literally every thread about a show as a "general". At that point, general does not really have any meaning to it. It becomes just a thread about a recurring topic, which is every thread about any show or manga.
>>
>>469404
>All of your examples were after the Sakura shitstorm
Did you read through those threads? The fact that a different image caused such offense and outright people stating they don't want /a/ images in the OP, is not something that should be protected.

>This is literally a case of one or two people ruining the entire thread for the other 100-200+ posters.
If one or two people can rile up that much people, the real problem are the people getting riled up.

>>469405
>but at least conceptually they are relevant to the board.
Exactly, which is why I'm singling out this thread. Generals are cancerous but you aren't going to get rid of them. This general in question however has a body of evidence to support the claim that it is not related to /a/ and should be moved.

>>469406
>outweigh the 'problem' of it being slightly off topic
This is the exact problem.
Make this thread on your own forum if you want a dedicated space for it. /a/ isn't the space for generic learning threads with people who aren't there for /a/.
>You're making a huge deal about something completely trivial.
Ironic, anon. You're making a huge deal of simply going to a relevant site where you can be left alone to discuss things without having to worry about the people who enjoy anime and manga telling you to fuck off. As per this post: >>469399 it is already clear that the thread is accepted on multiple sites unrelated to /a/. So why don't you leave?
>>
>>469407
>The website does not handle forum discussion
Why would it? The threads are nothing but mindless shitposting and memes. Everything relevant to the guide and resources are handled outside of /a/. How can you process this and fail to miss the point?

>You labeled literally every thread about a show as a "general".
Because they are, stop being dishonest. It is impossible to successfully have a thread about these shows without being told to fuck off back to the general thread. Why are you ignoring the posts of others who have repeatedly pointing this out in this thread?
>>
>>469406
>forum
This is not a forum.
This, however, is a forum, and it is dedicated to Japanese content.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1483709

I'd also like to remind you that /a/ is for anime and manga, only.
>>
I'm fine with the anime generals because the idea at least is for them to be board relevant. The DJT and buyfag threads need to be moved to /jp/ though
>>
>>469408
>If one or two people can rile up that much people
You misunderstood. It's a small group of people getting riled up, and the 100-200+ other posters not replying but getting stuck with it.

Furthermore, DJT has been on /a/ for over 4 years at this point, maybe 6, literally 24/7. It's so deeply embedded in both 4chan culture and /a/ culture that saying it's unrelated to /a/ is fairly laughable.
>>469410
>The threads are nothing but mindless shitposting and memes.
That is a lie.
>Because they are, stop being dishonest.
Like I said
>At that point, general does not really have any meaning to it. It becomes just a thread about a recurring topic, which is every thread about any show or manga.
As for
>It is impossible to successfully have a thread about these shows without being told to fuck off back to the general thread
Why would you want to encourage multiple threads of the same topic? They get deleted anyhow.

And, for example.
>Madoka general
>>>/a/138677233
This guy is discussing the show. So people come to it and discuss more of the show. I see no problem with this, and see no reason why a second thread should push off an old thread, just to discuss the same stuff.
>>
>>469411
>This is not a forum.
That's actually false. Imageboards fall under the umbrella of forums.
>>
>>469408
>Did you read through those threads?
I was there for those threads. Doesn't make my point of them all taking place after the Sakura shit any less true. You've gotta give it time and let it cool down, immediately bombarding the thread with OP images that would've even made old DJT a bit angry is just asking for ragefits.

>The fact that a different image caused such offense
They were purposely offensive, what did you think was going to happen? You bait a certain response, get that response, and then complain about it. I don't get it.

>If one or two people can rile up that much people, the real problem are the people getting riled up.
Yeah no, fuck off, purposely posting shit you know is going to rile people up (especially given recent events) and them complaining about it is retarded.

>>469410
>Why would it? The threads are nothing but mindless shitposting and memes.
Sounds like you're the one not reading the threads. I wouldn't be surprised if you're one of the anons causing all of these autistic arguments. DJT would probably increase in quality significantly if you fucked off.
>>
>>469412
>The DJT and buyfag threads need to be moved to /jp/ though
Agree.
This thread was linked to DJT.
>>>/a/138706412
Response:
>Yeah, this shit is cancer, but it's better to keep you fags holed up in here.
>I take it this is the anime girl OP guy going mental after his attempts to force his crap here failed.
>who cares. post in every thread like its the last live every day like its the last djtを殺すことはできない
>Looks some some butthurt anon who thinks the thread is worse than it is. DJT is completely self contained (i.e. it doesn't spew its cancer all over the rest of the board like some other generals do) and generally still has plenty of worthwhile posts and discussion, even if it's not as much as it used to it.
>Holy shit what an autist.
>Looks like someone's upset he can't put his waifu in the OP.

That shit should speak for itself.
>>
>>469417
Tell the truth. ARE you the guy who tried making the Sakura OP? Be 100% honest. Your post really makes it seem like you are.
>>
>>469417
"anime girl OP guy" is specifically referring to the Sakurafag trying to force his shit on DJT by using the same ugly image 3 times in a row that even /a/ users who want anime related OPs hated.
>>
>>469414
>That is a lie.
It's not a fucking lie.

>Why would you want to encourage multiple threads of the same topic?
Because this is an anonymous image board with a focus on ephemeral and spontaneous discussion. If different people want to make their own thread about the same manga or anime and discuss want they want till they leave the thread, then they should. That's the entire point of 4chan.

Jesus fucking christ, you simply do not understand 4chan.
>>
>>469408
>/a/ isn't the space for generic learning threads with people who aren't there for /a/.
That's irrelevant. DJT gets its legitimacy from an exception that the mods made and is by nature independent of whatever standards apply to the rest of /a/.
>>
>>469421
>It's not a fucking lie.
Sounds like you don't actually visit the threads outside of going to them to start off-topic arguments, judging by this thread.

>Because this is an anonymous image board with a focus on ephemeral and spontaneous discussion. If different people want to make their own thread about the same manga or anime and discuss want they want till they leave the thread, then they should. That's the entire point of 4chan.
Yeah, OP / this guy is DEFINITELY the one who made the Sakura OP and caused all of this shit / sparked that one autist to purposely make awful OPs to piss people off.

>Jesus fucking christ, you simply do not understand 4chan.
You're the one who doesn't understand 4chan. Get some self awareness.
>>
>>469420
I posted that OP specifically once because I liked it after seeing it used for the second time.
You are delusional with your boogeyman, which is the exact sort of cancerous hivemind bullshit produced by generals.

The generalfags have showed up and showed everyone exactly why they aren't welcome.

>>469422
>That's irrelevant
It's not fucking irrelevant. See this? https://www.4chan.org/rules It is how the site is moderated everyone else but a select few cancerous generals.
>DJT gets its legitimacy
That mod is gone and it was never legitimate. It would only be legitimate if it was written into the existing rules.
>>
>>469424
>Yeah, OP / this guy is DEFINITELY the one who made the Sakura OP and caused all of this shit / sparked that one autist to purposely make awful OPs to piss people off.
Jesus fucking christ.
>You are delusional with your boogeyman, which is the exact sort of cancerous hivemind bullshit produced by generals.
Generalfags are fucking insufferable.
>>
>>469421
>It's not a fucking lie.
Yes it is. It's a gross exaggeration and therefore an untruth - a lie. There are a large amount of on-topic posts. That's a verifiable fact.
>>469425
>The generalfags have showed up and showed everyone exactly why they aren't welcome.
Mate you're being super hostile. That's not exactly something you should be saying.
>>
>>469425
Did you read the 2 threads before saying how ugly and shitty it was? Using it a 3rd time when people were already getting a bit riled up is just asking for trouble. There's a certain degree of self control you should exercise if you want the thread quality to stay good. Throwing a temper tantrum and saying people should do things your way and that the general should be banned for not liking the image makes you just as bad. This entire recent drama in DJT has been caused by you and that one OP autist who kept making purposely terrible bait OPs. There is no general boogeyman, DJT was fine with random OPs before as long as it wasn't the same one over and over, it's all in your head.
>>
>>469427
>resorting to tone policing in order to deflect criticism
Please get the fuck off 4chan and take your general with you. As this anon pointed out already >>469417
>DJT is completely self contained
Ergo you don't need /a/ and /a/ sure as fuck doesn't need you.
>>
>>469425
>You are delusional with your boogeyman
Says the guy who's whining about imaginary 'outsiders' who desire nothing more than the destruction of /a/.
>That mod is gone and it was never legitimate.
The threads would've been gone years ago if they weren't legitimate.
>>
>>469429
I'm not tone policing. I'm saying you're being a hostile sperg while ranting about how other people are awful. The irony is stinging. I am also not deflecting criticism. I am calling your criticism lies, did you miss that? You must have, since you dodged it.
>>
>>469428
>Using it a 3rd time when people were already getting a bit riled up is just asking for trouble.
No.
Fucking no.
You do not pander to obnoxious vocal minorities, ever.

>his entire recent drama in DJT has been caused by you and that one OP autist who kept making purposely terrible bait OPs
You have no fucking idea how much this sort of bullshit pisses people off. YOU are the problem here because YOU are actively destroying threads because someone doesn't agree with YOUR opinion on something.

>>469431
>Says the guy who's whining about imaginary 'outsiders
Read the fucking posts you piece of shit. There are people who are openly posting that djt isn't about /a/ and /a/ related OPs should be removed. Then you have hoards of fucks defending them.

You can't see the problem because you are the problem.
>>
The thread started out with objective observers commenting on something only to be overrun with the problem posters from the general itself coming in to shit up the thread because they can't handle criticism, behaving in a manner which supports the statements and linked threads in the OP. It's like poetry.
>>
>>469433
>that djt isn't about /a/
It has always been about learning Japanese.
>and /a/ related OPs should be removed
That's because no one wants to see a bunch of retards starting waifu wars by each rushing to start the thread with their favourite girl and thus creating a bunch of duplicates.
>>
>>469414
If DJT were /a/ culture, then why can someone admit to being underage, or being a crossboarder who doesn't like anime or manga, with no one batting an eye?

Underage users need to be banned, and crossboarders need to learn to shut up. But this thread is filled with these people who don't care about rules and think they can do what they want.
>>
>>469433
>YOU are the problem here because YOU are actively destroying threads because someone doesn't agree with YOUR opinion on something.
Man the irony of this whole thing and your lack of self awareness is great. I generally didn't partake in the arguments and I don't really give a fuck what's in the OP. If you and that other autist weren't here, DJT would be fine. Hell, we'd probably have a different OP every once in a while and no one would care, but you and him pretty much ruined any chance of that happening in the near future because both of you throw such massive temper tantrums over it.
>>
>>469437
>It has always been about learning Japanese.
Which is /jp/ territory. /a/ is about discussion of anime and manga
>>
>>469435
You can stop samefagging now.
>>
>>469433
>You do not pander to obnoxious vocal minorities, ever.
You don't shout "niggers are all thieves" in the ghetto and then complain at how minorities are violent.
>You have no fucking idea how much this sort of bullshit pisses people off.
Unsubstantiated claim. You are projecting your beliefs onto an imaginary group of people.
>YOU are the problem here because YOU are actively destroying threads because someone doesn't agree with YOUR opinion on something.
Meaningless claim. Such behaviour is universal on 4chan.
>There are people who are openly posting that djt isn't about /a/ and /a/ related OPs should be removed.
So what? Trolls will be trolls. People say Naruto shouldn't be on /a/, for example. What matters is the truth - that DJT is the product of /a/ and thoroughly /a/.
>>469435
Plenty of level headed discussion here dude. I don't see anyone "shitting up the thread because they can't handle criticism".
>>469438
Because with maturity comes the ability to not sperg out over crossboarders. Pretty sure moot himself said he found the idea of scorning "crossboarders" to be ridiculous.

No idea what you're pointing to with the underage bit. Underage users are still banned and they are not defended.
>>
>>469443
>Because with maturity comes the ability to not sperg out over crossboarders. Pretty sure moot himself said he found the idea of scorning "crossboarders" to be ridiculous.
It has more to do with the fact they are openly saying they don't care about the topic of the board, claiming that the thread is not part of /a/ (which I have seen several times in the last few weeks), and a self-important attitude that comes with it.
>>
>>469440
Fuck that, /jp/ is a barren Touhou wasteland full of bitter people that no one visits.
>>
>>469445
Again - so what? Trolls will be trolls. What matters is the truth, and the truth isn't determined by a couple of self important trolls.
>>
On a scale of 1 to 10, how autistic do you have to be to get made that some posts in a single general on a fucking anime image board aren't always 100% on topic?
>>
>>469447
"trolls" is a meaningless word that idiots abuse to avoid actually having to justify anything.
>>469443
>You don't shout "niggers are all thieves" in the ghetto and then complain at how minorities are violent.
How is that comparable to someone posting an anime image for a thread on /a/?
Anyone whining about it should just get banned from the board, if anything.
>>
>>469449
>general
This alone justifies getting it out of /a/.
>>
>>469452
>Anyone whining about it should just get banned from the board, if anything.
The people whining about it are the generalfags who are protected by mods.
>>
>>469452
To Troll: make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
>How is that comparable to someone posting an anime image for a thread on /a/?
If you instigate people, they will react negatively. That's all. Instigating people and using it as evidence of anything is flawed grounding.
>Anyone whining about it should just get banned from the board, if anything.
Ok. Ban them, leave thread. Problem?
>>
>>469453

I don't like wrestling. When wrestling generals were allowed on /sp/ I never complained. When I say a wrestling thread a simply kept fucking scrolling until I saw a thread that interested me.

You're a fucking adult man - act like one.
>>
>>469454
Not really, the ones who caused all of this and are instigating it repeatedly are the OP of this thread and that one autist who keeps calling himself a hero or whatever. If neither of them were in DJT the situation would've diffused itself and gone back to normal or even occasionally have a "fun OP" without people bickering. "generalfags" have nothing at all to do with this.
>>
>>469443
So basically you're saying that the problem niggers should be allowed to act like niggers in a place they aren't welcome in and don't care about, and the people who actually come from that place shouldn't tell them to fuck off?

What sort of backwards attitude is that?

Can I have a Japanese rap music general on /a/? It would be no less off topic than the djt thread and if you don't like it I can just tell you to deal with it and you'd have to accept it.
>>
>>469457
>Not really, the ones who caused all of this and are instigating it repeatedly are the OP
No.
That's like saying the people to blame for muslims in Europe are the Europeans themselves. These anons have agency so stop excusing their ridiculous sperging over an anime image on /a/.
>>
>>469457
Then try making the thread with an anime image when it's dead and see how it goes.

>>469456
I use the thread, so I don't particularly care about seeing it or not, I just think it attracts too many idiots, and doesn't belong on /a/.
>>
>>469456
Wrestling is at least related to sports.
DJT does not care about anime or manga and are open about it. Your comparison is entirely intellectually dishonest.
>>
>>469460
You see anon, the problem posters are the ones posting anime on /a/. Clearly.
>>
>>469458
Quote me:
>Ok. Ban them, leave thread. Problem?
If you're going to criticize DJT as a whole, using a slight period of time where the OP was instigating a bunch of people is deceptive. The thread is generally ontopic and generally a calm place. It thus makes far more sense to ban the "niggers" as they pop up, than to paint the whole thread as "niggers" unjustly and then say the whole thread to be removed.
>>469461
>DJT does not care about anime or manga
Prove it. The words of a couple posters are not proof.
>>
>>469459
I don't think you understand how this works. At this point people are just going to throw a fit over it because it's funny to watch you sperg over it. If you had just left the situation alone it would've resolved itself and gone back to random occasional anime OPs being fine.

>>469460
>Then try making the thread with an anime image when it's dead and see how it goes.
Again, there's a time and place for it. Trying it when all of this drama and still going on and these 2 anons riled the thread up so much (whether it was on purpose or by accident) would just be pouring fuel on the fire. You've gotta let it die down a bit and let people cool off first. Just like how WK gets mercilessly attacked on DJT every time it's brought up because of all of the obnoxious ironic shilling/shitposting about it when before it was just a "eh, it's okay, but it has problems so just get the deck of it" and the conversation moved on.
>>
>>469466
>Again, there's a time and place for it
It's /a/. If you think there is a "time and place" on /a/ to post anime then you are the problem and a perfect example of why this thread needs to get banned from the board.
>>
File: dfgdsfhdgfhgf.png (13KB, 368x304px) Image search: [Google]
dfgdsfhdgfhgf.png
13KB, 368x304px
>>469465
>Prove it. The words of a couple posters are not proof.
Oh but it's enough proof for you to go any make all sorts of autistic claims when people bring these points up. Nice bit of hypocrisy there, generalfag.

>>469466
>At this point people are just going to throw a fit over it because it's funny to watch you sperg over it.
Are you fucking retarded? The people sperging over things are the ones literally freaking out because of slight changes in an op image.

Stop ignoring reality when the post are all there in black and white.

>>469466
>Again, there's a time and place for it.
The time and place for anime on /a/ is ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
How can this be stated in a manner that will get through to you? Pic realted you dense fuck.
>>
>>469469
I'm not the one petitioning for DJT's removal. Back yourself up or you have no case.
>>
>>469468
Anime gets posted inside the thread itself all the time. There's no reason for your to deface the perfectly good OP with your shit tier waifu.
>>
>>469466
Once again, your entire argument is that we should pander to the retards who cannot handle the concept of /a/ related content on a thread in /a/. I'm sorry but I don't know where on you think you are but these people are to be told to fuck off and die, not appeased. If a thread can become a general and represent everything that 4chan strives to steer away from, then it needs to be purged.

This is just borderline insane.

>>469471
>or you have no case
Learn to read:
>>469090
>>469091
>>469092
It's all there.
>>
>>469473
>It's all there.
All unsubstantiated claims or else stuff that got argued down earlier in the thread. I guess you're the type to ignore criticism and never change your mind even when proven wrong, huh? Looks like we got a hothead here.
>>
>>469472
>an image of a character is necessarily a waifu
Yep: you are the problem here and you are everything that general represents.
>>
>>469468
>>469469
>>469473
I don't know why you're throwing such a hissyfit over this or why you have such a hard time understanding such simple concepts. If you're this upset about the thread not liking your OP image, rather than trying to get the thread banned for not liking your drama, how about fucking off for a few months while the situation cools off?

How many different ways do I need to put it for you to understand that YOU'RE the problem here, not the 100-200+ posters in the thread who don't partake in those arguments and don't care about the OP image.

I don't give a shit if one or two anons keep arguing with you in the thread over it, they're not representative of the rest of the thread and no matter what you do they're going to just keep arguing with you because they think it's funny to piss you off. Do you not know how trolls work? Trying to get a thread banned just because you can't contain your autism is stupid.

I'll state it again, hopefully you'll actually read it this time:

If you and the other anon didn't throw such a massive fit over this, this wouldn't have become such a big deal. Differing / anime related OP images were never a problem before and they probably wouldn't have become a problem if you and him didn't instigate so many arguments over it. I'm an /a/ user and even I know that trying to force it right now is just going to make the situation worse. If you're too dense to understand that, please fuck off for a while and let the situation cool off.
>>
>>469475
>an image of a character is necessarily a waifu
She has to be if you're pushing for her inclusion with such passion.
>>
>>469474
>All unsubstantiated claims
No it's not and repeating something doesn't make it any more accurate.
Everyone else who isn't a generalfag defending the cirlcejerk has acknowledged this but you have ignored all of their posts.

>>469476
>you have such a hard time understanding such simple concepts
Neither do I.
/a/ is for anime and manga only.
Pretty fucking simple.

>If you and the other anon didn't throw such a massive fit over this, this wouldn't have become such a big deal
Tranlsation:
>don't disturb my hivemind.
Don't care. Get fucked. You don't belong on /a/.
>>
>>469472
Claiming the thread belongs on /a/ and that it is not "appropriate" to post anime in the OP is kettle logic.
>>
>>469479
Aight, well you clearly haven't been on DJT for very long (that or you're one of the cancerous autists that causes off-topic arguments all of hte time), and nothing is going to get through to you, so I'm just going to close this tab.

If you're going to force this shit when it's pretty fucking clear that forcing it is just going to make the situation worse, then whatever, just do so with the knowledge that you are the cancer that is causing those DJT posters to hate /a/ and /a/ related OPs. If you just left the situation alone it'd go back to being okay with it.
>>
>>469479
You have no proof and no substantiation. Therefore, unsubstantiated. This is just a fact anon. When asked for proof you even avoided it so surely you're aware of it.
>>
>>469480
It's not appropriate the stir the pot for no reason other than your vanity. How would you feel if I spraypainted my signature all over your car and walls?
>>
>>469487
/a/ is not your board.
No wonder OP is mad at morons like you, you won't stop talking after you are proven wrong a dozen times.
>>
>>469493
It's not his personal board either and yet he's trying to dictate how it should be managed.
>>
>>469493
>after you are proven wrong a dozen times.
Saying things doesn't make it true... you're purely saying this from bias, nothing has been "proved"
>>
>>469494
He is trying to get rid of a thread that does not follow the rules of the board.

Do you have an argument for a thread about learning Japanese where people cry when the OP image has anime on it being on /a/?

It doesn't take a genius to realize it doesn't belong on the board.

Honestly, everything has been said in the OP.
>>
The OP is making the situation out to be much worse than it actually is and manipulating it to seem like it's the entire thread at fault when it's just a few noisy autists (including him) out of the hundreds of active users the thread has.

The threads have generally been pretty fine outside of the ones where him or the other guy are purposely baiting the noisy easily baitable people into an argument, but that'll happen pretty much anywhere you go on 4chan and isn't necessarily a DJT specific thing.
>>
>>469496
Mods allow the thread, so it's off-topic nature is forgiven. If the mods decide to forgo that, then yes the thread will be removed. As the current moment, however, they have not done so, and therefore there is no argument in the OP that reasonably calls for the thread's removal.
>>
File: 1438414546179.png (6KB, 590x109px) Image search: [Google]
1438414546179.png
6KB, 590x109px
WE WERE SO CLOSE

WE COULD HAVE HAD OWN TRUE ENDING
>>
bring back /lang/ you fucking toolboxes
>>
>>469513
This, and /prog/ for the machine languages while you're at it
>>
>>469316
It does feels nice to cherrypick threads to support your argument isn't it? Enjoy your crusade. I hope you win.
>>
>>469326
Imouto will answer posts written in Japanese and answer japanese questions that is hard and worth answering.
Imouto is helpful. You are the blatant faggot by bringing innocent imouto into your argument.
>>
Janitor janitors moderator moderators admin admins that read this thread and can actually make decisions regarding DJT existence.

DJT have a lot of on-topic posts regardless of what people are saying here.

It's also true that DJT have several troublemakers that consistently makes posts making fun of people trying to learn japanese.

A lot of post in this thread from both sides are just cherrypicking evidence to support their stance.

Remove djt from /a/ if you want, or keep it if you want, but it has a lot of on-topic posts on a regular basis.
>>
>>469552
They've clearly decided to let it be. They just need to ban the retards who stir up shit, like the guy who started this thread.
>>
>>469090
/djt/ is fine

the recurring shitposters are not, it's always the same people based on the style the shitposter write in

and it still manages to be less worse than things like monmus threads these days which are just waifujerking and blogposting
>>
>>469090

>trying to remove DJT from /a/

You Reddit faggots need to stop coming here.
>>
>>469570
a better argument for removing DJT than anything in this thread so far
>>
>>469555
I've just read through this entire thread and none of the clearly pro-general anons have even bothered to address the arguments in the first three posts of this thread. What I've read are screeds of personal insults which are obvious knee jerk reactions.

It is pretty obvious what is being delt with here and those posters who have came from that thread to try and discredit the op have only shown themselves to exhibit the behaviors explained. They/you are trying to bully anyone who dares criticize and suppress evidence by outright stating that it is inaccurate, without presenting anything to support their case. It is a shame that the mods won't remove that community/thread as it clearly has no valid place on /a/ or 4chan for that matter.

If it is such a good thread then why are only the worst people coming to defend it with attempts to bully and slander, as if the rest of us are unable to read their threads or access the archive? The retorts are no different than politicians desperately trying to blame others when they've been caught red handed in corruption. I swear generals on anonymous boards attract the worst in human nature.
>>
Why isn't this on /jp/ (formerly Japan/General), the most logical place for people wanting to learn japanese?
>>
File: >general.png (20KB, 596x892px) Image search: [Google]
>general.png
20KB, 596x892px
Holy shit, this fucking thread. Someone links it on the general and generalfag rush here to go
>dont you dare question or criticize us
Generals really need to be fucking purged from fucking /a/. Generals don't belong on 4chan, it is traditional forum garbage.

Regular reminder that anyone who uses autist, be a adult, tantrum, sperg, hissyfit, virgin or variants in their argument should be disregarded and considered just a shitposter as they all nowadays just mean
>stop doing what i dont like
>stop caring about things i dont care about
In this case it is
>stop caring about fucking /a/ because i dont care about it

Also it doesn't matter if the fucking OP image is a shit anime girl, don't being fucking retarded. It's a thread, who gives a fuck if the OP is shit. Fucking generalfags.
>>
>>469655
>formerly
>>
>>469653
>I've just read through this entire thread and none of the clearly pro-general anons have even bothered to address the arguments in the first three posts of this thread. What I've read are screeds of personal insults which are obvious knee jerk reactions.
That's because generalfags don't aruge. They call you a autist for caring, tell you to stop having a tantrum and to stop browsing their thread and to not criticize their rulebreaking shitposting. The majority of them aren't even fucking /a/nons.
>>
>>469653
Because he's misrepresenting the situation and making it look much much worse than it is by cherrypicking really hard only linking ignored or really bad threads (threads that are THAT bad are usually once every 2-3 months of so, trying to represent the entire general as being that is incredibly disingenuous, especially when it's only a few people out of the thread's hundreds of regular posters), massively exaggerating multiple points, and trying to make it look like every thread is terrible garbage full of off-topic arguments when that isn't even remotely the case and most of the recently off-topic arguments regarding stuff like the OP image were caused by him or another anon that only started posting because of him.

Most of the people who actually bothered to come here are just angry at him for his recent behavior in the thread and the argument you're seeing here is so heated because the exact same argument with him has happened several times and everyone is just tired of seeing it / wants him to just drop it so the thread can calm down and go back to not caring about stuff like the OP image.

Both sides are partially at fault, but he's doing quite a lot of embellishing here. You can even look at the current thread. There's some off-topic and banter here and there, but for the most part it's on-topic or at least about reading material. This is what a typical typical thread (at least so far).

>>>/a/138708011

The OP image drama is a bit silly, but honestly him and the other anon were intentionally fanning the flames, because it wasn't really an issue at all before and people usually never cared what was in the OP image even if it was just a random page from a manga or LN. Had they just let a bit of time pass first, it would've gone back to normal and no one would care what's in the OP again.
>>
>>469658
The worst part is I've been both browsing and contributing to that thread longer than any of these anti-/a/ newfags. The crux of the matter is that the thread itself has evolved beyond a simple persistant thread into something which is being used across a host of other imageboards as a base for their threads and posted on other forums. Due to the point of contact of the site which has been created by the few productive anons in that thread, the feedback format could be being used by literally anyone with the op link. It's basically now a seed which has been germinated across little parts of the greater English language Japanese learning internet. The modern state of the thread on /a/ however represents the dregs and are no longer fit for consumption. That is, it has no relation to /a/ aside being their and the only people who want it there are the dregs who don't want to be thrown own from their protective bottle.

Without the OP links for the thread, now the site for the thread, the thread itself is nothing but an offtopic circlejerk. Yet the thread site is handled by people who aren't even part of /a/ or actively part of 4chan, for that matter. For instance, not long ago there were a series of threads dominated by an argument by a vocal minority wanting some trival changes to something they didn't want to do themselves and post to the site as a request. After repeatedly being told to use the site to get what they want, someone else in the meanwhile relayed that to the site feedback and a change was made. The entire process communited on a platform outside of both /a/ and 4chan. Literally days of arguing resolved in a short turnaround by using the site. That is how redundant the threads are by this point. It isn't attracting new learners to the thread itself because it's the same handful of generalfags posting the same banal offtopic shit day in day out. People benefitting from the thread are doing so via the OP, now entirely disassociated from 4chan.
>>
>>469653
You really shouldn't even comment on the matter if you don't browse the threads and can't see the bigger picture. The guy is making a big deal out of nothing.
>>
>>469660
>intentionally fanning the flames
It doesn't work like that.
There should be no flames to fan because no one should be offended by an anime image in a thread op on /a/. That this is the case shows that this thread is merely a snapshot of how far gone the general is.

You seem to think /a/ should put up with a general that doesn't want to be associated with the rest of the board.
>>
>>469665
See >>469662
>>
>>469666
It's not a matter of being "offended by anime images," it's an attempt to head off autistic OP fights of the kind that occasionally plague /vg/, /g/, and /jp/.
>>
>>469653
The people who wants djt out of /a/ are the same people that shitting djt threads and fend off beginners.
Just read today's thread and you will see several people are really trying to purposely derail the threads by hurling insults to on-topic posts. >>>/a/138708011
>>
File: 1458105624304.png (618KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458105624304.png
618KB, 1000x750px
>>469666
>There should be no flames to fan because no one should be offended by an anime image in a thread op on /a/.
That's your autism raising its ugly head again.
None of this would've happened if you hadn't tried to push some ugly grey hipster rat ear OP down our throats. That really poisoned the atmosphere against the further attempts to include anime girls that followed.
>>
>>469662
I'm the guy who does the site maintenance (or most of it, one anon is in charge of the guide and another anon is in charge of the reading list) and I'd hate the see the threads go, personally. I don't think they're nearly as bad as you're making them out to be outside of this silly OP image stuff. Removing a thread because of a couple noisy individuals on both sides doesn't really seem fair to the other people who get a lot out of the thread.

>Literally days of arguing resolved in a short turnaround by using the site.
I assume the thing you were talking about was the DoJG format thing. I probably should've come up with a solution to that sooner than I did to be honest since the solution seems pretty common sense looking back on it, but it took me a while to find a solution that kept everyone happy.

I wouldn't say that makes the site redundant, though. The threads are still very helpful I'd say, depending on your level. I usually try to watch the thread and make changes I notice being requested there that aren't sent to feedback, that particular situation I just wasn't sure how to handle and it took me way too long to figure out a good solution.

Even setting that aside, quite a lot of advice and useful information gets exchanged in the threads, and most of the time they're not nearly as off-topic as you're making them out to be. The threads are a nice motivator for a lot of people too. Talking about the language together with other people, making connections over it, and helping other people who are in a position you were once in, all of that among other things helps keep people motivated.

The trolls and occasional off-topic arguments are annoying, yeah, but you'll find that almost anywhere. Doesn't make it any more excusable, but I think the threads on average are more than valuable enough for the majority of people to merit their presence, and getting rid of them because of a few noisy individuals just takes away a valuable thread from many people.
>>
>>469669
>it's an attempt to head off autistic OP fights
This is why your argument fails: you are presenting someone posting an /a/ related op image for a thread on /a/ as a means to offend. The fatal flaw here is that anyone offended by this have no place in /a/ and removing them is a step in the right direction. If someone posting an anime image for the op for a thread on /a/ can trigger a group of posters into being so offended that they take up the next few hundred posts arguing about it, that is a sign that the thread has no integrity nor does it belong on /a/.
It is like hosting a pool party and wanting the people who jump in the pool to leave, expecting others to refrain from jumping in and getting pissed off when they do, as to not offend those who came to the pool party who are offended by the idea of getting wet.

Everyone else aside from the generalfags in this thread see the issue clearly while you keep trying to blame the victims of those who juat want the thread to be a little more on-topic. Which, as you have clearly ignored everything presented in the first few posts, is exactly what moderation has demanded: >>469103
>>
>>469673
There is nothing even wrong with that image. Is this what the DJT generalfags are upset about? Holy shit, just fucking nuke the shit. You retards don't fucking belong here if you are so upset at something so meaningless. Maybe you shouldn't of gotten upset at someone posting /a/ on-topic shit. /a/ isn't /vg/ or some other shit board. Your OP and general image doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter.
>>
File: 1352271819515.png (143KB, 297x446px) Image search: [Google]
1352271819515.png
143KB, 297x446px
I don't browse /a/ but I'm really enjoying all the weeb-on-weeb bickering ITT. Just saying...
>>
>>469673
If that image offends you then you need to leave.
That is all.

>>469674
The evidence has been presented and your personal feelings on the matter are irrelevant. Hopefully moderation takes notice because they won't care about your emotional appeals and attempts as misrepresentation. Everyone can read the links posted and can see for yourself that it is in no way a negative misrepresentation of how bad the threads are. The OP image fiasco is merely the past straw.
>>
>>469679
The OP here is the one doing the misrepresentation, though. It's really not as bad as he's making it out to be.
>>
>>469676
While they don't belong here nor care about /a/, they can easily relocate and link the new place on the front page of their website for everyone to see.
>>
>>469681
>It's really not as bad as he's making it out to be.
We can read, dumbass. All you need to do is actually read through the threads to see it does not belong on /a/.
>>
>>469676
>Is this what the DJT generalfags are upset about?
The fucking guy repeatedly rushed to start a new thread 20 minutes before the previous one's death just to make sure that his shitty image got there. Then he proceeds to complain about outsiders and acts like he has the moral high ground when he gets criticized for his bullshit.
On top of that the next few anime OPs featured girls that were obviously chosen for their cancer value, like fucking Chaika and Chiyo, so it shouldn't be hard to get why people are less than impressed with the idea of anime OPs at the moment.
>>
>>469684
I mean, I'm not against it being moved to /jp/, though I don't see why it'd suddenly be an issue now when it hasn't been for the past several years (or even since the CoR's introduction, because the threads themselves before that weren't any more on-topic on the context of /a/).

All I'm saying is that the stuff he's presenting here is mostly him presenting the threads as being much much worse than they actually are, and outside of this OP image stuff, the threads have been fine. It's all self contained in one thread anyways and plenty of valuable information is exchanged in the threads that aren't found in the OP and have no place in the OP.
>>
>>469684
I root for your side to triumph in this issue anon. I hope 4chan administration listen to you.

That way djt will be free of you and several other people that purposely derails the threads and hurls insults to on-topic posts as if it's a holy crusade.
Enjoy your crusade and I pray that you win so I don't have to deal with reading you and your kinds posts anymore.
>>
File: wizardofoz_4675.jpg (166KB, 1480x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wizardofoz_4675.jpg
166KB, 1480x1080px
>>469681
>provides direct link to threads
>waa that isn't really our thread
>pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
You must think we're stupid.

>>469687
>The fucking guy repeatedly rushed to start a new thread 20 minutes before the previous one's death
So fucking what? People can make thread whenever they like. Welcome to 4chan, not your average phpbbs forum.
>>
>>469691
#trigger warning: different opinions
>>
>>469689
You have to realize that the threads for the past 2 months have been more toxic thanks to people like him and jamal.
I'm with you that I don't care where we are going to be moved as long as we don't have to deal with his kind anymore.
>>
>>469696
>boogeyman
Even more cancerous general shit.
>>
>>469699
Come to the thread, I'll introduce you to jamal.
>>
>>469696
>toxic
Holy fucking shit samefag, what is the name of your tumblr blog?
>>
just move it to /int/
>>
File: djt mod.png (80KB, 1033x267px) Image search: [Google]
djt mod.png
80KB, 1033x267px
>>469692
>You must think we're stupid.
There's quite a bit of cherrypicking going on there. Most of them were ignored because they weren't made first (generally if 2 threads are made at the same time, which usually is pretty uncommon, the one that was made first is the one people use), and one of them was by far the worst thread we've had in months and was an extremely atypical thread. He conveniently hid that information from you when posting those, though.

>So fucking what? People can make thread whenever they like. Welcome to 4chan, not your average phpbbs forum.
One of the conditions of DJT being allowed on /a/ is for there to never be more than 1 thread up at the same time, so he's essentially breaking the mod's rule that was given to us, even if that rule doesn't really apply to other generals.
>>
>>469687
>The fucking guy repeatedly rushed to start a new thread 20 minutes before the previous one's death just to make sure that his shitty image got there. Then he proceeds to complain about outsiders and acts like he has the moral high ground when he gets criticized for his bullshit.
This sounds like literally EVERY other general to me. Nothing new here. I always see fucking 2 -3 threads up at the same time when the previous general dies because people want to be the OP.

Also, who cares if he picked fucking popular girls. It just means he has shit taste in anime girls. It is fucking nothing to get upset about and this shit is cancerous as hell.
>>
>>469704
>There's quite a bit of cherrypicking going on there
Everything demonstrated in this thread alone is enough to justify it being removed.
>He conveniently hid that information
The thread is linked right at the top of the page. We can all fucking read, anon. Piss off already- the thread needs to be purged.
>>
File: 1457477324901.png (599KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1457477324901.png
599KB, 1000x750px
>>469705
>Also, who cares if he picked fucking popular girls.
It's pretty obvious where he was going with this kind of an OP.

I honestly don't think that most posters there have anything against anime per se, but it gets on people's nerves when someone tries to force obvious dogshit just to stroke his ego.
>>
>>469704
>that pic

Seriously, what a dumb mod. /jp/ can't dictate what content goes on their board. Fuck them, the thread belongs there and the mods should do their damn job and moderate it.
>>
File: Capture.png (43KB, 464x785px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43KB, 464x785px
>>469704
>so he's essentially breaking the mod's rule
How about these fucking rules? They supersede anything a mod can say.
>>
>>469710
>>>/a/138708011
This thread is more representative of what a typical DJT thread is like. Especially since the OP (or someone else) repeatedly tried stirring shit up in the thread linked at the top and it went to the topic of the OP image again. Even then there was a decent amount of useful information that thread that doesn't really have a place in the OP, especially with specific questions.

The way you're posting makes it sound like you have a personal vendetta against DJT, which there isn't really a reason for unless you're personally involved in DJT and all of this drama. Are you the OP or something?

>>469713
Again, if DJT were moved to /jp/, that's fine (though I recall them getting hostile about it when it tried moving there before), but that doesn't really change the fact that the threads typically aren't that bad and are usually pretty on-topic.

>>469714
The consistent image was mostly kept in place to avoid this whole fiasco going on right now and to avoid someone accidentally posting a thread while one was still up (but even then people generally don't care when the image is changed up every few threads, this was a special case).
>>
File: Untitled.png (640KB, 1200x950px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
640KB, 1200x950px
>>469712
>It's pretty obvious where he was going with this kind of an OP.
What, exactly? The image you have posted is nothing at all like the image which is being criticized. Are you even trying to hide your dishonesty?

Pic related, for those playing at home.
>>
File: 1456432486516.png (1MB, 1280x1428px) Image search: [Google]
1456432486516.png
1MB, 1280x1428px
>>469717
>The consistent image was mostly kept in place to avoid this whole fiasco going on right now
Jesus you generalfags are DENSE.
That this can cause a fiasco illustrates that the thread is full of people who don't belong on /a/. How many times and how many different people have to point this out before you remove your fingers from your ears and stop blaming /a/nons for the irrational response to /a/ related imagery? Or are you one of the problem outsiders offended by the concept of anime and manga in an OP of a thread on /a/?

So far this thread has been a broken record of generalfags claiming that the op is misrepresenting things then following it up by directly supporting the OP by both getting offended at a fucking anime/manga image then going on to justify this offense by claiming that people shouldn't have posted the image in the first place, as if being offended is at all valid and not something that should generate a mass of response telling them to get the fuck out of /a/. Jesus.
>>
>>469724
Out of 100+ posters in a given djt thread, there's probably only like 10 people or so at most, that have issue with OP pictures and actively argue about it. The rest don't give a fuck I think.
>>
>>469718
Setting aside the issues people took with the image itself (I think one of the shitstorm threads where people were complaining about the image itself was linked here), the issue was more that the image itself doesn't really look as nice or clean as the current default and was used multiple times in a row.

DJT used random anime/manga/LN related OP images all the time before (or even images that didn't even have "DJT" anywhere in the image and were just random LN or manga pages), but it was never the same one three times in a row, so it just came off this time as someone waifufagging (whether they were or not is a separate issue, just explaining WHY people got up in arms about it).

I'm sure if it was just a random character each time or if the image was just used every once in a while no one would've gotten angry over it. This wasn't a typical situation, and continuing to push when the thread was already riled up just prologued that situation and made it worse.

>>469724
I'm an /a/ user and I think that image is shit. I don't really care if it's used as the OP image, but assuming they're offended by it being forced simply because it's /a/ related is faulty logic. You're bending their words to conveniently fit how you want them to. Majority of the thread really doesn't give a shit, hence why the current thread is mostly on-topic despite having a joke OP image (a couple people commented on it and then the thread moved on, just like before).
>>
>>469712
It doesn't look like he is forcing anything. He is just using popular meme status girls. Generalfags are calling anti-generalfags autistic and various other slurs in this thread and yet you guys are upset at someone attaching on-topic images onto your OP, mainly popular ones. Are you stupid?
>>
>>469728
>The rest don't give a fuck
If they cared about the thread they'd actively try to get rid of these anti-/a/ posters. If they don't give a fuck the thread need not be on /a/. That leaves the 10% of the thread who are phobic to the board itself and 90% of the thread who don't care.

The rational move from here would be to either remove it from the site or move the thread to a more appropriate board, like /jp/ or /int/.

>>469736
>so it just came off this time as someone waifufagging
No it didn't and it never will to people who actually come from /a/. The ONLY people who have this issue are people who do not belong on /a/. No /a/non in their right fucking mind would assume that sakura being posted in the op of a general learning thread for Japanese on /a/ - anime and magna, would be someone trying to force a waifu presence. Not a since fucking person.

>I'm an /a/ user
No you're fucking not because we don't call ourselves users. We're fucking anons or posters. Users belong to forums with usernames.

>but assuming they're offended by it being forced simply because it's /a/ related is faulty logic.
It wasn't being forced, so STOP fucking saying that shit. I posted it once, another anon in this thread has stated they posted it once, so that leaves another anon for the third thread post. That's three different people using the same OP image.

>You're bending their words to conveniently fit how you want them to
Nigger we can all read their words and they speak for themselves. You're fucking desperate to misrepresent them because you understand how bad it appears to everyone else.
>>
>>469718
That thing is absolutely hideous and it got heavily criticized for its visuals when it was first posted. Now, if you're going to go ahead and start the thread with it two more times when you know that it's disliked many, you shouldn't be the least bit shocked to see the negative reaction growing bigger each time. Even more so if you start crying about "outsiders ruining muh perfect /a/".
>>
>>469741
>That thing is absolutely hideous
It isn't.
>Now, if you're going to go ahead and start the thread with it two more times when you know that it's disliked many,
Learn to read: >>469740
>It wasn't being forced, so STOP fucking saying that shit. I posted it once, another anon in this thread has stated they posted it once, so that leaves another anon for the third thread post. That's three different people using the same OP image.

>Even more so if you start crying about "outsiders ruining muh perfect /a/".
The posts speak for themselves, outsider. I can do not more damage than you've already done with your own posts.
>>
>>469741
>That thing is absolutely hideous
That's your opinion. I think it looks nice.
>>
>>469741
>it got heavily criticized for its visuals
That was one or two people sperging out claiming that their tastes are objective and their objections boiled down to it being objectively bad because of how it differed from the op image they were used to and accepted.

Do you think that other people don't have access to the archives or something?
>>
I'm pretty sure a lot of the argument about having a different OP image was that the guy who said he wanted to make one said something like
>I dont actually know japanese (nor have any intrest to learn it) but I say an opportunity to make something and I enjoy making images.
He said this because he needed the Japanese text from the original OP image and since he didn't know any Japanese nor how to write it, he needed someone else from the thread to do it.

Naturally something like this would rile up the general. They didn't want to have this guy that frankly has no interest or reason to be visiting the general making an OP image. Then it just devolves into an argument between a small group about whether it's okay to change the OP image when the majority of the general didn't actually give a shit.

Stupid arguments and off-topic discussion are bound to crop up. It's just the nature of this website, not something specific to generals.
Most of the time, DJT is on-topic and it can be a very useful platform for information and discussion relating to the Japanese language.
Yeah it probably doesn't technically belong on /a/ and would likely be more suited to /jp/ or /int/ but it has already nested in its little home on /a/ and it wouldn't be well received on either of the other boards and removing it outright would be a huge kick in the teeth to all those anons that are staying on-topic and are actually trying to learn Japanese.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>469740
>No you're fucking not because we don't call ourselves users. We're fucking anons or posters. Users belong to forums with usernames.
Look, this sort of shit is why people are calling you autistic.
>>
>>469748
>I'm pretty sure a lot of the argument about having a different OP image was that the guy who said he wanted to make one said something like
That happened a day or two ago, after all of this.

>>469749
That isn't a valid criticism, anon. Lurk the fuck more because for over a decade people have been mocked for clearly not understanding and misusing board specific terminology because it is a clear indicator that they are not familar with the board.
>>
>>469740
I don't know why you find it so hard to believe that I browse /a/. I watch an average of 20-25 shows a season and pretty much only browse /a/ and the VN thread on /jp/. Anon, /a/non, /a/ user, it doesn't matter. All of them get used on /a/. Just because I didn't pick the most commonly used wording this time doesn't mean I'm suddenly an outsider.

I acknowledged the possibility that it was just a coincidence or that it wasn't actually forced by saying
>whether they were or not is a separate issue

People don't care because it's not really something to get so incredibly hostile over as long as people aren't talking down anime/manga and stuff, and most of the time posts like that are ignored or they're told to fuck off or learn what board they're on. Getting mad at them and arguing with them isn't going to make them go, it's just going to make them stubborn or louder or give them something to point at and call /a/ users the ones shitting up the thread (even if they aren't).

I also don't know why you assume someone disliking the image being used multiple times in a row or disliking the image means they're not an /a/ user. It's possible they just think it's an ugly image and prefer the default or one of those other images over it.
>>
>>469748
>Most of the time, DJT is on-topic and it can be a very useful platform for information and discussion relating to the Japanese language.
I find it amusing I've only ever seen DJT generalfags say this while everyone else outside of it that I've interacted with, even people who have clearly shown they can read/speak eleven, have stated everything about the thread is shit and a horrible place to learn anything and only its OP is of worth.

Who cares if it has nested on /a/, generals need to be purged again anyway.
>>
>>469749
>hurr durr if you criticise me you're autistic.
Can you be any more predictable? >>469656
Maybe you should read the thread before spilling your spaghetti.
>>
>>469749
>what how dare you call me out for outing myself as not being native to the site stop being a fucking autist caring about his homeboard and community
Retard.
>>
What I don't get is why this guy doesn't just stop browsing DJT if he wants the threads gone. He's one of the only ones that makes this big a deal out of it (to the point where he actively derails the threads themselves over it).
>>
>>469751
You're not fooling anyone.

>>469752
The general advice even within djt is for beginners to read the guide and use the resources, avoiding the thread itself at all costs. The thing is that they are aware of it but don't like it when other people point it out. It's kind of like how only niggers are allowed to say nigger. Hypocrisy, basically.
>>
File: Actual+anonymous.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Actual+anonymous.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
>>469750
>ay yay yay, look at me, i'm such a true hardcore oldfag anon you should cower in awe before my radiant purity!

Just fuck off with your bullshit already.
>>
>>469755
>What I don't get is why this guy doesn't just stop browsing DJT if he wants the threads gone
I don't get what stopped people who wanted naruto threads to be purged just avoiding them?
>He's one of the only ones
Freudian slip on that plural there. Even you know that many people want this shit gone from their board.
>to the point where he actively derails the threads themselves over it
You mean by making a thread on /qa/? Do you even know which board you are currently on right now?

>>469757
>Just fuck off with your bullshit already.
I'd like to ask you the same.
>>
>>469757
>WAAA YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE ME
See >>469656
>>
>>469750
>That happened a day or two ago, after all of this.
Nah, the same happened before that piece of crap was first posted.
>>
>>469756
I mean, you can say it as much as you want, but /a/ is the only board I browse outside of /jp/'s VN thread. Here are the anime I'm watching this season. I'm not really sure what proof I can give you outside of that, because regardless of what I say you're just going to cover your ears and insist that I'm lying.

Ajin
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Bubuki Buranki
Dagashi Kashi
Dimension W
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season
God Eater
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Koukaku no Pandora
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Musaigen no Phantom World
Ojisan to Marshmallow
Ooyasan wa Shishunki!
Osomatsu-san
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Schwarzesmarken
Sekkou Boys
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Sushi Police
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
>>
>>469762
>that piece of crap
That is just your opinion, anon. Explain why it is bad.
>>
>>469759
>You mean by making a thread on /qa/? Do you even know which board you are currently on right now?
This anon has caused several arguments and derailings in the thread itself before making this thread. You do know he's from DJT, right? Why do you think some of the people who came into the thread were so angry at him? We've had this same argument in the thread itself multiple times.
>>
>>469740
I can see your reasoning. Specifically on DJT, I keep my attitude in check because I want to study japanese and read the infos.
I'm swiss about the issue of DJT stays on /a/ or not, What I do not want is reading off-topic asinine replies that seems like those are purposely made to trigger other people, often resulting in thread derailments.
Those people are the real cancer of DJT.
>>
>>469763
>actually trying to prove shit
Great job fucking outing yourself as not being from here.
>>
>>469768
See. Thanks for proving my point. There's literally nothing I can do to show you that I'm from /a/, and you're going to insist that I'm an outside purely because I disagree with you.
>>
>>469749
>>469754
>someone decides to use more formal language to make his point instead of board slang
>waah reddit must be invading
Honestly, it's hard to fathom what kind of a sperg you'd have to be to have such a narrow and rigid view of the world.

Se
>>
>>469771
If you were from here you'd already know you can't prove fucking shit and wouldn't of even bothered.

>>469773
You too, fuck off cancer.
>>
>>469764
If it looks and smells like a turd, it probably is one.
>>
>>469774
You first, sperg boy.
>>
>>469774
No, you're a fucking retard. Your claims of me not being an /a/ user are about as valid as calling two people with the same opinion samefags when they aren't. Saying I'm not an /a/ user doesn't make it true. Fuck off with your cancer.
>>
>>469775
Except it isn't shit and this one is literally just your opinion and you aren't giving anything to prove otherwise.
>>
>>469776
You forgot to call me a manchild virgin as well, mouth breather.
>>
>>469779
It's ugly as fuck, that's all the proof I need.
You don't get to replace a classic with a turd without taking some flak for it.
>>
>>469779
This entire thread is just him trying to force his opinion via lots of cherrypicking and faulty logic.
>>
>>469780
Don't forget the manlet part, you cunt. You really belong inside a little cage.
>>
>>469781
Except it isn't. Its a grayscaled Sakura with a skin-coloured face. I don't see how it is ugly.
>>
Everything would be fine if a mod or janitor enforced global rules 6 and 9 there, but it's such a fast moving general I don't blame them. It would at least be nice to get rangeban for the worst shitposters, who are really responsible for like 50% of the extended arguments there.

>>469785
Your personal opinion is literally objectively irrelevant. Stop arguing about it.
>>
>>469718
It'd be okay if only the coloring on her face wasn't so sloppy.
>>
>>469718
Stop defending your horrible image every thread and every day. It's horrible. Get over it.
>>
>>469787
And your opinion about the image is objectively irrelevant, fuckface.

Also, you do know that if the mods enforced GR 6 on your thread, it would be fucking nuked for being a general. Right?
>>
>>469785
You're the kind of a guy who routinely wears 'ironic' mouse ears while sipping some obscure and wildly overpriced kind of coffee at some 'super cool' hipster cafe with his little slim fit jeans bum chum squad, aren't you? I can't see any other explanation for this lack of taste that you're showing.
>>
>>469792
>And your opinion about the image is objectively irrelevant, fuckface.
Check the IP log bro, I just got here. I don't have an opinion about the image at all, you're just assigning one to me because I told you to shut up.
>>
I used to post in K/a/nColle threads, but those -- let's call them what they are -- generals have been catastrophically bad the past few months.

I've now reluctantly decided that it would be for the best that the jans/mods delete KanColle threads on sight except for a thread every few days. Even a weekly thread only: enough time for people posting actual content (translated manga and doujin) to gather up material. Many times I've seen some of them claim to defer posting content because a thread was being spammed by garbage.
>>
>>469793
Am I on /v/ now or something?
>>
Mods, please rangeban this person. He literally does nothing but shitpost about his long term disagreements in DJT and start arguments that go on for the entire thread because he never stops defending himself. He does this almost every single day and he's primarily responsible for how terrible the thread has been for weeks. He doesn't even talk about anime or japanese.

>>138727220
>>
>>469765
>This anon has caused several arguments and derailings in the thread itself before making this thread
No I didn't.
Your boogeyman do work here.
>>
>>469797
>>>/a/138727220
>>
>>469795
You're in the wrong thread friend, the OP is just angry because he didn't get to post his image in the OP of the /djt/. I agree with you, generals are mostly pretty cancerous for regular anime/manga since people there don't have anything to say about new releases or things like these and just circlejerk.
>>
>>469795
Meant to add: I'm now hanging out in Kan/c/olle, it's actually much comfier now despite the lack of "discussion" in the /a/ threads.

>>469801
Yeah, I see what you mean now.
>>
>>469801
>the OP is just angry because he didn't get to post his image in the OP of the /djt/.
No, he's mad because everyone hates his terrible image, and he samefags like hell to defend it. He baits retarded arguments by accusing people of being outsiders and telling them they have shit taste and then he uses the responses he gets to strawman the entire situation for several days. Everything he does is completely off topic and he violates several global rules. He's deserving of nothing short of a permanent rangeban.
>>
>>469796
You're on /qa/, the place where butthurt little shits come to whine when someone hurts their bloated egos.
>>
>>469797
>>469800
See >>469656

>>469801
>the OP is just angry because he didn't get to post his image in the OP of the /djt/.
Actually read the OP because it isn't about that.

>>469805
>someone else disagrees with me so they must be samefagging
Are all generalfags this paranoid?
>>
>>469807
>>someone else disagrees with me so they must be samefagging
He leaked, bro. That's not a baseless accusation, he really does.
>>
>>469805
>he violates several global rules.
Such as? Why don't you report them?

>>469808
>He leaked, bro
What?
>>
>>469807
>Actually read the OP because it isn't about that.
The people responsible for the long wided racially charged arguments got shut down by having their posts instantly deleted for a couple days by meido-san. It's not currently a problem. Try caring about something that's actually presently happening.
>>
>>469807
>Actually read the OP because it isn't about that.
You're right, it's actually someone's paranoid delusions, exaggerations, and cherrypicking in an attempt to make a general look much worse than it actually is because he has a personal vendetta against it.
>>
>>469809
>Such as?
Do you even know the rules? 3, 6, 8, 9.
>Why don't you report them?
I do, his posts get deleted sometimes. But he hasn't been successfully banned as far as I can tell.
>>
>>469811
This desu.
>>469809
>What?
(You)
>>
>>469810
>It's not currently a problem
It's an ongoing problem due to the nature of the thread.
>Try caring about something that's actually presently happening.
See above. The issues haven't gone away nor is there any valid argument presented as to why the cancerous general should be allowed to remain, as it violates the board rules for /a/.

>>469811
>an attempt to make a general look much worse than it actually is
By posting links to the thread for everyone to see?

>>469813
>I do, his posts get deleted sometimes.
None of my posts have been deleted.
I'm sorry but you're fucking paranoid.
>>
>>469797
>>469800
>linking to the /qa/ thread telling them to argue
How fucking retarded can you get? It really is a fucking general.
>>
>>469811
>>>469807
>because he has a personal vendetta against it.
This. It's not about shitty generals on /a/, it's about throwing a tantrum. An anon talked about Kancolle generals but the OP doesn't seem to care if it's not /djt/.
>>
>>469815
>It's an ongoing problem due to the nature of the thread.
You're an ongoing problem due to the nature of the thread.
>The issues haven't gone away
They do, though. Whenever the scumbag of the week isn't around, the thread is fine. The thread is only shit when single people throw massive hissyfits, like that one guy who argued 24/7 to get the OP to go back to "normal", and that idiot who argued about WK for three days straight.
>nor is there any valid argument presented as to why the cancerous general should be allowed to remain, as it violates the board rules for /a/.
Your personal vendetta does not reglect reality, sorry.
>>
>>469815
>By posting links to the thread for everyone to see?
By cherrypicking false threads and extremely atypically bad threads / only presenting information that happened to agree with your side of things and manipulating it to seem like it was something it wasn't, yes.
>>
The reason the thread is currently flooded with generalfags is because someone basically instigated a mob to shit up the thread
>>138726903

>>469817
>An anon talked about Kancolle generals but the OP doesn't seem to care if it's not /djt/.
This thread is specifically about djt, that's why djt is being discussed. 艦これ is at least /a/ related whereas a general learning thread for Japanese with an anti-/a/ culture is fundamentally hostile on a board which has rules that posts which do not pertain to anime or manga are to be banned.
>>
>>469821
>with an anti-/a/ culture
DJT does not have an anti-/a/ culture, though. Usually anti-/a/ comments are shot down or ignored.
>>
>>469821
Then why is it named off topic generals on /a/? I don't think the plural form in English is a difficult grammar point. The thread should've been named: 'Reasons why I want /djt/ banned'.
>>
>>469821
>The reason the thread is currently flooded with generalfags is because someone basically instigated a mob to shit up the thread
Nice strawman, but only two people came over as a result of that. Before that you were getting shit on equally hard. You're not being disagreed with because of "generalfags", you're being disagreed with because you're wrong.

>This thread is specifically about djt, that's why djt is being discussed.
This thread is not about DJT, this thread is about shitposting.

>これ is at least /a/ related whereas a general learning thread for Japanese with an anti-/a/ culture
>anti-/a/ culture
Oh, you really are sakurafag, throwing bullshit around.

>is fundamentally hostile on a board which has rules that posts which do not pertain to anime or manga are to be banned.
DJT is about the language of anime/manga and is specifically allowed for that reason.
>>
>>469823
>DJT does not have an anti-/a/ culture
It does.
The threads are evident of this and anyone can read it.
/a/ is anime and manga.
/a/ is not pornographic games, arguments over japanese learning sites, 3DPD, blogshit, etc.

>>469826
>Nice strawman
The fucking irony.
>>
>>469821
>a general learning thread for Japanese with an anti-/a/ culture
We actively shit on people who don't consume japanese media, anon. It's your concept of board culture that is a delusion.
>>
This guy was right >>469806
>You're on /qa/, the place where butthurt little shits come to whine when someone hurts their bloated egos.

DJT wouldn't listen to his delusions, so he came here.
>>
>>469827
>It does.
>The threads are evident of this and anyone can read it.
So you've got no evidence to back up that claim. Okay.
>>
>>469828
>We actively shit on people who don't consume japanese media, anon.
Japanese media is /jp/, moron. /a/ is for anime and manga only. Most of the discussion in the threads that relate to Japanese media are focused on visual novels, which are designated /jp/ content.
>>
>>469827
Nice job glossing over all the manga, anime and LN discussions anon.
>>
>>469821
>with an anti-/a/ culture
That only exists inside your dumb little head. You should go outside sometimes, the wind might blow away some of that basement dust that's clogging up your thought process.
>>
>>469831
>Japanese media is /jp/, moron.
No, /jp/ is the touhou containment board. Your newfag colors are showing.

>/a/ is for anime and manga only.
Is that why discussing the source material of anime/manga adaptations is specifically allowed?

>Most of the discussion in the threads that relate to Japanese media are focused on visual novels, which are designated /jp/ content.
The mods disagree with you.
>>
>>469827
Oh god, please tell me you're not that argumentative shit who thinks LN and VN discussion should be banned on DJT when LN and VN threads happen on /a/ all the time for ones that have adaptations or upcoming adaptations.

In any case, DJT doesn't have an anti-/a/ atmosphere, I'm not sure why you're deluded into believing that just because VNs happen to be used as reading material a lot. /a/nons talk about VNs quite a bit too.
>>
>>469832
Pretty fucking easy to gloss over when they take up such a small amount of real estate, anon.

>>469833
Did you just pull a fucking neckbeard insult? Fuck off normalfag.

>>469834
>No, /jp/ is the touhou containment board.
Visual novels discussion is specifically for /jp/. I've used /jp/ since the split from /a/ so don't try to fucking revise history. VNs are for and have always been /jp/ territory.
>>
>>469834
This. Lurk more before thinking you know the board, OP.
>>
>>469837
>Visual novels discussion is specifically for /jp/.
Wrong. Try again.

>I've used /jp/ since the split from /a/ so don't try to fucking revise history. VNs are for and have always been /jp/ territory.
Hahahahahahaha, no. Holy shit.
>>
>>469836
> /a/nons talk about VNs quite a bit too.
VN threads are moved to /jp/ if they are created on /a/.

>>469839
>Wrong
It's not fucking wrong.
>Hahahahahahaha, no. Holy shit.
Yes I fucking have.
>>
>>469837
>Did you just pull a fucking neckbeard insult? Fuck off normalfag.
You're a fucking cave gnome, mate. That's well beyond the limits of being a neckbeard.
>>
>>469837
>I've used /jp/ since the split from /a/
>/jp/
>split from /a/
>>469841
>It's not fucking wrong.
It is, though.
>Yes I fucking have.
Apparently you have a deluded memory then.
>>
>>469844
>It is, though.
It fucking isn't you little cocksucker.
>Apparently you have a deluded memory then.
Use the fucking archives yourself to see. I know you're desperate to try and misrepresent the situation for those unfamiliar with the thread but we all have access to the relative board archives so your shit won't stick.
>>
>>469848
>It fucking isn't you little cocksucker.
Want me to spell it out for you?
>Use the fucking archives yourself to see. I know you're desperate to try and misrepresent the situation for those unfamiliar with the thread but we all have access to the relative board archives so your shit won't stick.
If I'm wrong you're free to pull up evidence for it. But there isn't any, so you're shifting the blame.
>>
People do talk about manga on djt before (You) and several other people with your kind of attitude derail the threads over and over again.
>>
>>469841
>VN threads are moved to /jp/ if they are created on /a/.
Is that why there's always multiple VN/LN threads on /a/,why Majikoi/other VN threads don't get deleted or moved (hell, I see Saya no Uta threads every once in a while and the mods don't do anything to those), or why a Muv Luv VN Kickstarter thread was up during pretty much the entire duration of the kickstarter?
>>
Look, this is what happens when retards like you get to have your way and we have a bunch of people competing for the op. There are four fucking threads up now.
>>
>>469862
>false flagging
Nice.
>>
>>469862
I'm not. Everyone wants their favourite .gif there now that one guy got away with it last thread.
>>
>>469864
Obviously meant for >>469863
>>
>>469865
Whatever helps you sleep, cupcake.
>>
File: 2016-03-17-141945_1160x315_scrot.png (233KB, 1160x315px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-17-141945_1160x315_scrot.png
233KB, 1160x315px
Cunt, excuse me.
>>
On the off-chance that this is a coincidence, this is why DJT generally has a standardized OP to avoid shitting up /a/ with multiple threads since it won't let you make more than one thread with the same OP at the same time. Varied images are more for when the new thread isn't made literally instantly.
>>
>>469870
This seriously.
>>
>>469870
Changing the image doesn't suddenly make people not notice the thread, retard. That isn't a excuse. If they can't notice the thread without the generic image, then they probably aren't even native to the site.
>>
>>469870
>On the off-chance that this is a coincidence, this is why DJT generally has a standardized OP
It's not the reason. You're making things up.
>to avoid shitting up /a/ with multiple threads
This literally happens anyway.
>since it won't let you make more than one thread with the same OP at the same time.
That restriction doesn't work correctly, we've had multiple OPs with the same image before.
>Varied images are more for when the new thread isn't made literally instantly.
This is internally inconsistent, anon.
>>469873
Don't samefag.
>>
>>469874
Are you retarded? Look right here >>469868

4 threads were made within a few seconds of eachother. The consistent OP image is consistent specifically to prevent situations like this when the new thread is made this quickly.
>>
>>469877
>within a few seconds of eachother
There's a full 50 second gap to the fourth one. Only the first three were posted at the same time.

>The consistent OP image is consistent specifically to prevent situations like this when the new thread is made this quickly.
You repeat this but it's not actually the reason.
>>
>>469874
The catalog can't keep up with threads being posted a few seconds apart, dipshit.
>>
>>469878
>it's not actually the reason.
It's a perfectly valid reason.
>>
>>469879
>>469877
They were made LITERALLY within seconds of each other. Using the generic image wouldn't of stopped that.
>>
>>469880
It's a valid reason to keep doing it but it's not the reason it's like this in the first place. Chicken, egg.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-03-17-05-29-47.png (362KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-03-17-05-29-47.png
362KB, 1440x2392px
>>469875
Nice try.
>>
>>469883
Fuck off cancer mobile poster.
>>
>>469883
>Posting on your desktop and phone at the same time
You would.
>>
>>469881
>Using the generic image wouldn't of stopped that.
Yes it would have. The system won't let you make a post with a duplicate image.
>>
File: no.png (13KB, 575x208px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
13KB, 575x208px
>>469875
>It's not the reason. You're making things up.
You haven't been on DJT for very long.
>This literally happens anyway.
Because people keep trying to force their own personal image at the same time as other people, resulting in this situation where 4 threads get created at the same time. Having the same image means that even if 8 people try to create a new thread at the same time, only one thread will be made and the mods don't get mad at us for shitting /a/ up.
>That restriction doesn't work correctly, we've had multiple OPs with the same image before.
That's not true. The other one was either a jpg or a resized png. If it's the same file, it won't happen.
>This is internally inconsistent, anon.
DJT didn't used to have new threads made within seconds of the old one dying. There was usually a several minute or even several hour gap between threads, meaning the odds of something like this happening were significantly lower.

>Don't samefag.
Nice delusion.
>inb4 "nice shop"
>>
>>469887
No, it doesn't. I've seen this happened with DJT when skimming the catalog tons of times. Both made within seconds of each other using the exact same image. It stops jack shit.
>>
>>469888
>You haven't been on DJT for very long.
I've certainly been there longer than you.
>That's not true. The other one was either a jpg or a resized png. If it's the same file, it won't happen.
Yes, and the point is, saying you can't add girls won't stop anything. The OP image gets changed by recompression anyways. Expecting people to use a bit-identical image doesn't solve anything.
>DJT didn't used to have new threads made within seconds of the old one dying. There was usually a several minute or even several hour gap between threads, meaning the odds of something like this happening were significantly lower.
The OP used to delete old threads in order to make the new one for the new day, anon. Hence "Daily". There wasn't "usually" a long gap.
>>
>>469889
They weren't the same image. The other one had some hidden near invisible text about Steve in it.
>>
>>469889
Except it does, check it for yourself. The images had subtle differences like the background text or even gif.
>>
>>469890
Yeah anon, you're right, we should have 5 OPs created every time a thread dies, it's more fun that way and promotes a super happy competetive pro-/a/ culture.
>>
>>469893
>it's more fun that way and promotes a super happy competetive pro-/a/ culture.
Not that anon, but the competitive thread creation is better than generals in every way.
>>
>>469893
Or we could like ask for a system that works instead of posting a thread about wanting the thread completely gone based on being buttmad just to intentionally make a duplicate thread and point to it as "evidence" that the specified problem is real.
>>
>>469314
>General
>Only 3/4 thread per month.

Man fuck that guy. T/a/noshii was once a shitty general, but once we started making the thread only when leak/new chapter come out, it get much better now.
>>
>>469895
>Or we could like ask for a system that works
We had that for years on 4chan.
It was when general threads where banned.
>>
>>469897
You sound mad.
>>
>>469898
Nice retort, cock sucker. You sure proved that generals are the bastion of quality in the shithole of 4chan.
>>
>>469899
Bitter irony.
>>
>>469899
>i'm a bitch nigger, please please please make me swallow all your shit because i can never have enough of it!
You yourself exemplify the kind of behaviour that ruins those threads.
>>
>>469901
There wasn't anything to ruin in generals from the start. They are bad by their nature on 4chan. And they only get worse with time.
>>
>>469903
You're free to filter then desu fampai
>>
>>469904
Pushing the giant shit on the floor under the carpet doesn't change the fact it is there and it is taking up half of the carpet.
>>
>petitions to get a self-contained general that's on topic most of the time removed because he doesn't like it instead of just filtering it and moving on
>>
>>469905
>complains about one thread
>half the carpet
And now you're gonna backpedal and contradict yourself by saying that you're talking about all generals, while you replied before that this thread was only about /djt/.
>>
File: 1443772531422.png (3MB, 1884x1908px) Image search: [Google]
1443772531422.png
3MB, 1884x1908px
As someone who's been using the general for more than a year now, here's what I think about the problem.

THE GOOD
The CoR is a fantastic resource. I think no one can argue against this point. And the thread has a relatively high proportion of intermediate and advanced learners compared to other websites who give advice and answers to comprehension questions people get when reading.

THE BAD
Shills. Wanikani is shit.

>But waaaaah why do you have to be so auuuuutistiiiiiiic let people use what they want

We don't want newcomers to be misled into using an inferior resource which will retard their progress. Don't forget /djt/ is an /a/ thing, so we assume that people who come in are all /a/nons.

The 12 year old ironic shills who think they're being funny are even worse. And also the retards who drag their autistic arguments on for 50-200 posts.

THE SOLUTION
Ban all these clowns. Mods, do your fucking jobs for once. You banned me last week for two posts I made replying to a guy making some sort of retarded argument about Japan's population, so how about banning the autist (like OP) who spams 50 posts about the OP image?

/djt/ does not and should not be moved from /a/ or deleted. Just ban the troublemakers and shills and the root of the problem will be solved.
>>
>>469907
I'm not OP, faggot. Learn to tell the difference between fucking posting styles. If I was OP, I'd be fucking frisking.
>>
>>469907
You aren't talking to who you think you are.
Do generals turn people into religiously paranoid nuts or do they just attract them?
>>
>>469912
>Do generals turn people into religiously paranoid nuts or do they just attract them?
Well, considering generals thrive off literal obsessive behavior of needing to have a thread up at ALL times, even if no one is posting in it, so they bump it with image dumping and shitposting for hours on end until someone starts posting something else. You guess.
>>
>>469912
Doesn't actually change anything from my argument. Nice job sidestepping the issue instead of confronting it.
>>
>>469912
>Do generals turn people into religiously paranoid nuts
Judging by the OP and his posts in this thread, yes.
>>
>>469909
Do you think any moderators will read your post? Because I agree with all your points and hope moderators and janitors will read and take your post into consideration.

We may disagree with Japan's population problem, but I completely agree with you on djt's issue.
>>
>>469917
No shit they won't. If I were a mod or janny I wouldn't be arsed to read through this trainwreck of a thread.
>>
>>469917
If mods read posts, they would of already long since nuked all the generals from /a/ since it is since the most anti-general board on the site.
>>
I just want to say that I very much respect the effort you put into these posts, OP.
It's well written and you provide many examples of the subject you're discussing.

Somewhere out there is a parallel universe where generals were never condoned. I bet it's nice.
>>
>>469921
Nice samefag.

In the case that you're not, and an outsider, the OP post is full of inaccuracies and sometimes downright bullshit he made up.
>>
>>469922
A typical thread on /q/(a) is just "this is gay pls delete" so I had to remark on the quality of his thread.
I only go to /a/ a couple times a year and it's just to lurk so I can't say I understand it, but he is rallying against a general thread and I must join him as I loathe generals.
I will never take the side of the general in these arguments. You would sooner create a perpetual motion engine than convince me that generals are a good thing.
>>
>>469927
This is an extremely educational general that usually has quite a bit of on-topic discussion, though. What he's making it out to be is not an accurate representation. It's not an off-topic tripfag circlejerk imagedump like most generals are.
>>
TL;DR
A small group of trolls (such as OP) has been mounting a sustained campaign against the /a/nons who post and lurk in the DJT. They don't even like 4chan. There are also shills for tofugu, imabi, and god knows who else.

DJT is really very nice. I'm speaking as an anon who has actually used the thread properly for years now. There really is no other place where you can post text or a screenshot of some sentence that's giving you trouble, and get accurate, useful advice in a timely fashion. And because the bulk of the material we are reading is raw manga, LN, VN, and anime, it belongs in /a/.
>>
>>469293
What a load of shit, half of these thread are ongoing anime or manga which had new episode/chapter in span of recent days/hours
>>
Wow, OP is on a roll. 6 threads in an hour.
>>
>>469919
There's reading, and there's caring.
>>
>>469958
He's actively posting more. I don't really get what he's trying to achieve, but whatever. All it's doing is getting the mods mad at him and showing that this thread his just him spewing shit trying to get DJT banned.
>>
You're acting as if any community can stay on topic 100% of the time. Your first two images that you posted were a month apart from each other, it would have been more telling if they were the same day.
>>
>>469909
Please don't use my image to say that you should ban people with different opinions. I used WaniKani myself and I don't think it's worth a penny, but come on now.

Actual troublemakers? Yes, please remove them, they've started to purposely try to get the threads banned now.
>>
>>469965
>Please don't use my image to say that you should ban people with different opinions

Make me.
>>
>>469965
Please do not make posts that end in 5 to shitpost with.
>>
This thread is a joke.
What he describes here >>469091 is OP's fantasy. What actually happened is that someone proposed a low quality image with obvious artistic mistakes, several anons opposed it, and OP got so butthurt that he shit up two DJT threads and then made this thread.
>>
>>469969
And is now spamming /a/ with fake threads to make the mods angry at him and discredit himself I guess? He has made more than 25 threads in the past couple hours.
>>
Way to act like a child and spam /a/ with junk threads. You just destroyed any credibility you had left.
>>
>>469970
Seriously? Where can I see this?
>>
>>469976
http://desustorage.org/a/search/subject/djt/
That entire first page is him, and there are more that got deleted before the archive picked it up.
>>
>>469977
Amazing
>>
>>469931
I bet it's those same pathological shitheads who would then brag about it later if the mods listened to them.

I can just see it now, some of those banned triptrolls on foolz would be tripping over themselves trying to take credit for killing DJT on /a/, like how they were so proud of killing r/a/dio.
>>
>>469969
I'm OP and didn't make those threads.
They pushed a whole heap of legitimate threads off the board and it's obviously done by some of the generalfags sperging out as an attempt to discredit the valid criticism in this thread, by association. Why do you think it suddenly happened after this thread was made and linked to the cancerous general in the OP?

They don't belong on /a/, period. I don't want to see a single djt thread, let alone fucking dozens of them.
>>
>>469994
>I'm OP and didn't make those threads.
Why do you have a new IP then?
>>
>>469983
Don't we still have r/a/dio around February? I remember there was one on Valentine, or is it Christmas? It's not allowed on r/a/dio is not allowed on /a/ anymore now? Shit I missed the news.
>>
>>469994
>new IP
Don't have your original IP after having to keep changing your IP so much to get past the timer and ban evade, huh? You already lost any credibility you had with that childish shit.

There are much worse generals you should be worrying about if you hate generals. If it's just DJT you hate, then fucking filter it and move on.
>>
>>469994
>They pushed a whole heap of legitimate threads off the board and it's obviously done by some of the generalfags sperging out as an attempt to discredit the valid criticism in this thread, by association.
How is that logic supposed to work? Someone wants to discredit you so they spam? If they wanted to discredit you they should pretend to be you, obviously.
>>
>>469999
Not him but
>there are even smellier shits around so go clean them up and leave our smelly shit alone
Are you fucking retarded? Every fucking generalfag gives this excuse for their generals. No, you aren't any different and the only ones that would be worse are madoka, and shit like tg and snk.
>>
>>470001
Anon, people already think it is him. Did you, you know, actually think before you posted?
>>
>>469997
My IP is dynamic and resets every time the router is reset, which happens a lot in my household at the moment due to renovations.
>There are much worse generals you should be worrying about if you hate generals. I
There are no generals on /a/ which are remotely as off topic as DJT. Every other general is more related to /a/ than DJT. It's that simple. I'm not trying to force personal rules here, as the rules which already govern the site and the board specifically outline that the daily general thread doesn't not belong on the board. All I'm doing is trying to get mods to do their job.

>>469999
See above.
>You already lost any credibility you had with that childish shit.
The first three posts describing the situation have yet to be address and they remain valid, regardless of any attempt at character assassination you try to pull. What you think of me is literally irrelevant as my actions are not up for dispute here. You might fool yourself but you aren't fooling anyone reading this thread who isn't part of your cancerous general.
>>
>>470002
He's literally making up lies, misrepresenting information, spamming /a/ with threads, and causing several arguments over the course of multiple threads. Most of the recent problems DJT has had with staying on topic are his fault.
>>
>Spam board to frame someone who's upset
>People who stay inside the general never see anything
>Life as normal

vs

>Impersonate that person in threads
>People get mad because it's annoying
>Some people believe the lies

Nobody would ever do the former. It's simply retarded. And if you were trying to frame people for framing you to make them look even more cancerous, it would be extremely dangerous to do the latter, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>470005
>doesn't not
ないんじゃない
Double negative, my bad.

>>470008
>He's literally making up lies
What lies? All I've done is posted links to the threads and copy pasted quotes from the anons in those threads.
>spamming /a/ with threads
That isn't me.
>and causing several arguments over the course of multiple threads
I'm not your boogeyman and haven't been part of those arguments. In fact I've deliberately lurked for the past few weeks because you cannot make a post without someone sperging out like a retard for hours on end.
>Most of the recent problems DJT has had with staying on topic are his fault.
Nice strawman but the problem here is you.
>>
>>470009
I think you underestimate this guy, anon. Very passive aggressive OPs were spammed for about 2 hours, and then when he stops, the OP of this thread just so happens to come back to this thread with a new IP, since posting while doing it people would notice all of his posts having new IPs.
>>
>>470009
False dilemma.
>>
>>470011
Nah I'm saying he's doing it. Nobody would ever spam threads to frame him. It's a shitload of effort and it's extremely ineffective. Simply arguing in his stead would be way easier. But he would never frame someone by arguing in a thread itself, that's extremely dangerous.
>>470012
Fallacy fallacy. Things that are invalid in argument can be valid in induction.
>>
>>470008
>, spamming /a/ with thread
There is nothing to prove that other than paranoia. Don't spout shit if you can't fucking prove it.

>>470009
Anyone good at trolling would do the former with a light mix of the latter. The latter means he can out the impersonator in the threads and he is guaranteed to. The former is more effective for trolling as he can get away with it, and people are ensured to notice it and blame him. People will then bring it up in their own threads blaming him for it. You aren't a very good at troll tactics.

The latter is full of risks while the former is ensured replies, butthurt and anon WILL get the blame for it.
>>
>>470005
>>470010
Alright, well, you're basically just repeating the same shit you've been saying all thread and you're not really bringing up any valid points, you're just stating that your opinion is fact and using cherrypicked threads and images that are months apart as "evidence" for your claims being accurate. Nothing is going to come of this, so I'm going to bed. Have fun with your fanfiction.

>>470015
>Don't spout shit if you can't fucking prove it.
Oh wow.
>>
>>470015
>Anyone good at trolling would do the former with a light mix of the latter.
If someone were just trolling they would just do the latter. It's many times more effective and discrediting. The former just doesn't do anything and it's a shitload of work because you would have to ban evade so many times. It's not something you would do unless you actually wanted to.
>>
>>470015
>The latter is full of risks while the former is ensured replies,
The latter has zero risks for someone other than OP framing OP. It only has risks for OP framing someone framing OP. The first method has nearly no risks for OP to frame someone as framing him, and OP is someone who is actually dedicated enough to do such a ridiculous thing.
>>
>>470009
>>470011
I hope you understand that these actions have no impact on the op of this thread. You can try to discredit it by association through false flagging all you like but that doesn't change the points brought up. No one has promoted a valid argument as to why this general which breaks board rules should remain. That is the point here, really. You don't get to have a persistant thread just because you want it. It has to be justified by at least being on topic. /a/ isn't a langauge learning board. Explain how the daily japanese learning thread isn't more appropriate on /jp/ and/or /int/?

Until the general is justified, everything else in essentially irrelevant. You can make all the scapegoats and bogeypeoples you like but a the end of they day the rules state that threads on /a/ must be about anime or manga. These rules have not changed therefore the thread must change.

Feel free to continue with the ad homs and false flagging while ignoring this fundamental issue because ultiamtely it is up to moderation to decide, not knee-jerking general anons.
>>
>>470017
It isn't a lot of work. It is incredibly easy to do with all the retarded convience features moot added into the site. The only thing is deciding whether to proxyfag or router reset. Proxyfagging can be automated as well. You are underestimating how easy this shit is to do.

The former is also more likely to generate more butthurt and discredit OP more. Generalfags are fucking retarded and any sight of 'effort' like that and they will go 'hes is having a fucking tantrum', making them upset and make them think less of anon. The latter is literally just the same shit as usual. Impersonating his posting style would imply just lots and lots of fucking arguing. You aren't going to discredit someone that much with it other than making people think he is even more retarded.

Trolling is an art.
>>
>>470019
>the rules state that threads on /a/ must be about anime or manga
We do talk about manga. What are you talking about? It's people like OP who derail the thread from anime and manga conversations into useless arguments.
>>
>"Generalfag" spams threads and ban evades several times
>Non-invasive and shitloads of work
>Annoys the mods and makes them think DJTers are annoying faggots
>Hopes people thinks it's OPfag

>"Generalfag" impersonates OP in a thread to make him look retarded
>Very invasive and very easy

>OP spams threads and ban evades several times
>Annoys the mods and makes DJT members worry about DJT getting banned
>Indirect and can brush it off as someone else later (especially if multiple internet connections and devices)

>OP impersonates someone impersonating him in a thread
>Literally pretending to be a retarded version of yourself
>Extremely dangerous because people will actually get the wrong idea about you

>>470019
>No one has promoted a valid argument as to why this general which breaks board rules should remain.
>>
>>470016
>Alright, well, you're basically just repeating the same shit you've been saying all thread
Because it hasn't been addressed.
>and you're not really bringing up any valid points
The points are valid, you just don't want to accept it. Point to the rules which allow DJT to exist. Go on. That's all you'd need to do to contradict the premise of the thread. It's been several hundred posts and then anons from the general in question have done is shown that they are only capable of flinging shit. If your thread is valid, show us how.
>>
>>470019
The moderation has already decided though, and none of them have commented to cancel out what they originally said. If you're not going to listen to it just because it's an older post, that's your problem, not DJT's.
>>
>>470020
So you're an expert on flooding and ban evading? Great! Even more reason to suspect you.
>>470019
>Until the general is justified, everything else in essentially irrelevant.
Oldfag mods already justify and protect it.
>the rules state that threads on /a/ must be about anime or manga.
Ok. This thread is about raw japanese anime/manga, as well as learning the language and everything that entails, which includes reading absolutely anything that makes it easier.
>>
>>470023
>It's been several hundred posts and then anons from the general in question have done is shown that they are only capable of flinging shit.
So where's that rule that says talking about VNs in the responses to a thread isn't allowed? Because there isn't one, anon. Your interpretation of the rules is invalid.
>If your thread is valid, show us how.
You mean "me" here, anon.
>>
>>470024
>The moderation has already decided though
Okay, point to the fucking rules which states djt is allowed to exist as an off topic general, because the opinion of one rouge mod does not mean it is fucking permitted. Even less so when other mods have contradicted this statement after it was made.
>>
>>470023
Pic related in >>469704
None of the mods have spoken in contradiction to that image yet. Until they do, stop fucking whining.
>>
>>470025
>So you're an expert on flooding and ban evading? Great! Even more reason to suspect you.
Are you fucking retarded? Anyone who has been here for any significant amount of time has trolled or at least has knowledge of it and troll tactics, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>470027
Protip: https://www.4chan.org/feedback
>>470029
>Are you fucking retarded? Anyone who has been here for any significant amount of time has trolled or at least has knowledge of it and troll tactics, you fucking idiot.
Fun fact: I've been trolling since the 80s. I've done and seen it all. All I did was bait you into divulging what your level of knowledge on how to flood 4chan is.
>>
>>470030
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>470031
You should consider deleting all your posts then.
>>
>>470032
You first.
>>
>>470033
Everything I write is art, sorry.
>>
>>470030
>Protip: https://www.4chan.org/feedback
Get fucked idiot.
Why do you think I made this thread? Because reporting and using the feedback doesn't work.

>>470028
>None of the mods have spoken in contradiction to that image yet
1. Yes they have, twice. One stated that all generals will be removed and the other stated that the thread will be purged if it does not start being on topic with the board. This shows that the words of mods are not the rules and any appeal to authoring using them is an invalid argument.
2. mods don't make the rules, they enforce them. All they can do within their power is follow the rules as stated here: https://www.4chan.org/rules

Now, do you have an actual argument that doesn't boil down to demanding special treatment because you think you are any different than every other anon outside of that general who is banned for posting content which falls under the rule which states posts must pertain to anime and manga? I think we'd all like to understand just how a generalfag validates his position.
>>
>>470011
How can I see other people's IP on 4chan? Please teach me.
>>
>>470035
>Why do you think I made this thread? Because reporting and using the feedback doesn't work.
That's probably because the mods disagree with you. If they didn't disagree with you, those would work.

>Yes they have, twice. One stated that all generals will be removed and the other stated that the thread will be purged if it does not start being on topic with the board.

Generalmod got shut down by the other mods because he was wrong and ontopicmod was specifically referring to /pol/faggotry. He didn't say "start being on topic with the board".

>>470037
4chan shows the number of IP addresses that have posted in the thread. 4chan X can use this information to tag posts that bumped the IP counter as being from a new IP.
>>
>>470037
By being a paranoid generalfag it unlocks your inner eye with the ability to see everyone who disagrees with you as scapegoats, trolls and boogeymen.

>>470039
>Generalmod got shut down by the other mods because he was wrong
How was he wrong? Let me guess, because it falls under your desire to use 4chan like a general forum? You a mod or a janny?
>>
File: 1454708329979.jpg (22KB, 1570x97px) Image search: [Google]
1454708329979.jpg
22KB, 1570x97px
>>470035
>One stated that all generals will be removed
General statement on generals in general by a salty mod and he got shut down by the other mods as the other anon said.

>if it does not start being on topic with the board
Nice twisting of words. He said if it does not stay on topic. Full stop. As in not having constant /pol/ arguments and debates that have literally nothing at all to do with Japanese, including your OP image whining. Stop making things up.
>>
>>470042
>Stop making things up.
I'm not.
All you're doing is reinterpreting statements how you want to see them, and no one outside your cancerous general buys it.
>>
>>470039
thank you
>>
File: 1451632384523.png (7KB, 546x76px) Image search: [Google]
1451632384523.png
7KB, 546x76px
>>470039
>Generalmod got shut down by the other mods because he was wrong
No he didn't. Don't be fucking retarded. The anti-general mod was the /a/NON mod, not the non-/a/non mods. He never got shutdown, he just simply disappeared with all the other good mods on the site who actually cared. Fucking retard.

/a/, the good mods and moot have always been incredibly anti-general.
>>
>>470043
>>Stop making things up.
>I'm not.
>All you're doing is reinterpreting statements how you want to see them, and no one outside your cancerous general buys it.
I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you're literally so delusional that you genuinely believe what you're saying to be fact. He made that statement right after deleting a /pol/ argument (and leaving the rest of the posts up despite not being strictly /a/ related). You'd have to be impossibly dense to genuinely believe he was talking about "on topic" in the context of /a/ and not DJT.
>>
>>470039
>4chan shows the number of IP addresses that have posted in the thread. 4chan X can use this information to tag posts that bumped the IP counter as being from a new IP.

I just ticked this option, how does it work?
>>
>>470048
>I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you're literally so delusional that you genuinely believe what you're saying to be fact.
This applies to you more than anyone else. See >>470046
No one outside of your cancerous general is buying into your spin. Sorry.
>>
>>470041
>How was he wrong?
The only board generals are not allowed on are /v/, because /vg/ exists. On every other board generals have to exist because otherwise it would be impossible to talk about long-running topics like scanlation etc. In fact ad-hoc generals (i.e. no thread numbers or anything) were a fact of 4chan's early years because the site's userbase exploded in 2006/2007.
>>470043
>All you're doing is reinterpreting statements how you want to see them, and no one outside your cancerous general buys it.
The mod very specifically said "If these generals don't stay ontopic, I'm officially removing them". You know what that means? It means that they're ontopic in the first place until they get derailed, because they have to "stay ontopic" in order to stay on /a/. If DJT was inherently off-topic to /a/, there would be no conditions or caveats. There is nothing this post could be referring to except for the contents of the thread staying ontopic to the OP.
>>470046
>No he didn't. Don't be fucking retarded. The anti-general mod was the /a/NON mod, not the non-/a/non mods. He never got shutdown, he just simply disappeared with all the other good mods on the site who actually cared. Fucking retard.
Not sure what you're smoking, the cabinet change happened before that post.
>>
>>470051
>The only board generals are not allowed on are /v/, because /vg/ exists. On every other board generals have to exist because otherwise it would be impossible to talk about long-running topics

Holy fucking shit.
This says it all.
Generalfags are beyond chemo.
>>
>>470051
>On every other board generals have to exist because otherwise it would be impossible to talk about long-running topics like scanlation
How fucking delusional are you? Fuck off, no you don't.
>>
>>470046
Oh, so you're a butthurt ex-mod who's using DJT as a scapegoat to throw a tantrum about how you got railed before you could purge all the generals.
>>
>>470022
This behaviour is characteristic of him. We've seen him throw tantrums like this plenty of times before.
>>
>>470053
>How fucking delusional are you?
These are the anons who came straight from that general to this thread.
>>
>>470053
Nice phone.
>>470056
Nice desktop.
>>
>>470054
>>470055
>tantrum
>>469656
>>
>>470055
Why does he keep doing it?
>>
>>470050
>"I know you are but what am I"
Nice.

Here's the thread in question, since you seem to be remembering things incorrectly in your blind rage.

http://desustorage.org/a/thread/137032768/#137040249

Note the /pol/ argument being deleted, but the rest of the posts before it being left up despite not being /a/ related and some of them not even being DJT related.
>>
>>470057
If you think everyone who disagrees with you is a samefag then the problem is with you.
>>
>>470058
So you linked your own post 4 times? Nice one dude. Are you even old enough to be on this site?
>>
>>470062
This desu.
>>470061
OP is a massive cunt samefag though. He's almost as bad as the DoJG deck maintainer.
>>
File: 1457802352076.jpg (86KB, 400x363px) Image search: [Google]
1457802352076.jpg
86KB, 400x363px
>>470057
>there is more than one person proving me wrong so lets claim samefaggotry to try and discredit them
>>
>>470060
>"I know you are but what am I"
>>
>>470064
>Responding to false flagging
>>
>>470062
Nah dude, that is the first time I actually linked my own post. The OP has quoted a lot of my posts, however.
>>
>>470063
>DoJG deck maintainer
He's way worse. DoJG deck anon was mostly just occasionally annoying, and that was easily solved by the new pastebin that god added.
>>
File: 2ma.jpg (27KB, 340x368px) Image search: [Google]
2ma.jpg
27KB, 340x368px
>>470059
Because he's an autistic manchild who has nothing better to do in his life. He sits in his mum's basement all day, repeatedly refreshing the thread and thinking of new and epic methods to get his way. Too bad it isn't working out for him, but if the thread gets removed or moved one day you can bet his narcissistic ass will be there bragging about it because that's the only satisfaction he will get out of his sad, lonely life.
>>
>>470063
>More fucking boogeymen.
Do you have no idea of how ridiculous you look when you do this?
>>
>>470065
Way to dodge the argument because you had your personal delusions shut down.
>>
>>470067
Suddenly you're two people now that someone's accused you of samefagging? You never posted faster than 60 seconds apart before.
>>470070
DoJG maintainer is not a boogeyman. He was an extremely direct and serious problem.
>>
>>470063
>DoJG deck maintainer
You mean that one DoJG Deck complainer.
>>
>>470058
>You are NOT allowed to use these words :) if you use them you ARE trolling!!!!!!!!! :))))))))
>>
>>470069
Nice ad hom., pity it has nothing to do with the OP, but it is a sure sign that you have no actual argument.

>>470071
Way to dodge the argument because you had your personal delusions shut down.
>>
>>470070
>boogeymen
You keep using this word without knowing what it means.
>>
>>470073
Holy shit, you're the DoJG maintainer?
>>
>>470069
>>>/v/
>>
>>470075
> it is a sure sign that you have no actual argument.

Refer to the past 380 posts OP
>>
>>470077
>You keep using this word without knowing what it means.
Ironic.

>>470080
>Refer to the past 380 posts OP
The first three posts have yet to be addressed.
>>
>>470072
There was always two people retard. One was giving a shit about djt and I was the anti-generalfag. Retard. Learn to fucking read instead of boogieman posting. Honestly one of the worst traits of generalfags, having to always make boogieman for shit.
>>
>>470075
I'm not dodging the argument though. I linked the thread in question and showed that only the /pol/ argument got deleted and he said nothing about DJT having to remain on topic in the context of /a/. It's incredibly obvious from context. If all you have to say back is repeating my post like a child or regurgitating the same lines you've repeated dozens of times already, then don't bother replying at all.
>>
>>470081
>The first three posts have yet to be addressed.
They were already addressed by a mod that stepped in and banned the crossboarders responsible for all the extensive racially charged shitposting.
>>
>>470081
I'm not even going to reply to you anymore. Autists like you can't be reasoned with.

I'm just going to sit here and enjoy your suffering as the general you hate so much continues to stay on the board.

You're never going to get your way.
>>
>>470083
>I'm not dodging the argument though.
The argument is that DJT has no valid justification for existing on /a/.

>>470084
>They were already addressed by a mod
No they weren't. Please cite the rules which support djt.

>>470085
>I'm not even going to reply to you anymore
Then don't.

Fuck off.
>>
>>470082
>There was always two people retard. One was giving a shit about djt and I was the anti-generalfag.
No, pretty sure it's just your desktop and phone.
>>
>>470086
We do talk about manga. What are you talking about? It's people like OP who derail the thread from anime and manga conversations into useless arguments.
>>
>>470086
>The argument is that DJT has no valid justification for existing on /a/.
The mods disagree with you, but you're free to continue making threads on /qa/ about it until they permaban you.
>No they weren't.
Yeah, because he simultaneously justified the thread's existence and took direct responsibility for whether it stays or goes.
>Please cite the rules which support djt.
Please cite the rules which forbid DJT.
>>
>>470086
The mod made that post because the mods decided it was an exception to the rules and to allow the threads on /a/. This entire thread is just going in circles.
>>
>>470085
>You're never going to get your way.
The problem is that the autistic minority which make up that thread have only gotten their way by breaking the rules so long that the mods gave up. It is ironic that you off all people would draw this comparison when all it does is make the people furiously defending the general in question with banal irrelevant personal insults, appear in a very bad light.

>>470088
>It's people like OP who derail
It takes more than one person to have an argument, you fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>470091
>The problem is that the autistic minority which make up that thread have only gotten their way by breaking the rules so long that the mods gave up.
Not even close to what happened.
>It takes more than one person to have an argument, you fucking hypocrite.
And the person who first starts the cycle of back and forth (i.e. OP) is at fault.
>>
>>470091
>it's the fault of the one guy out of 200 regular posters that responds to me, not my fault for knowingly starting the arguments in the first place
>>
>>470089
>Please cite the rules which forbid DJT.
>/a/ - Anime & Manga
>1. All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.
>2. Japanese visual novels should be posted in /jp/, and Western on /vg/.
>>
>>470094
>>1. All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.
The OP image contains anime/manga quotations and the OP text links to manga.
>>2. Japanese visual novels should be posted in /jp/, and Western on /vg/.
DJT is not a VN thread.
>>
>>470093
>one person has agency over 200 people
>>
>>470096
You might be illiterate, anon. Try reading that post again.
>>
>>470095
>The OP image contains anime/manga quotations
Such as?
>and the OP text links to manga.
It also links to books, visual novels, movies, light novels, novels. Not holding water there.
>DJT is not a VN thread.
VNs are discussed every single thread.
>>
>>470098
>Such as?
The pleasure of being cummed inside.
>It also links to books, visual novels, movies, light novels, novels. Not holding water there.
The rule says nothing about proportion.
>VNs are discussed every single thread.
So are manga and anime.
>>
>>470091
Well yeah, there are several people like OP that posts contradictory opinions laced with insults seemingly with the purpose to derail the threads. Most djt regulars ignored these people but sometimes people got baited, especially new learners.
Look at the current thread, when there was a post about manga, the first 2 response was empty insults meant to bait the on-topic /a/non.
>>
>>470098
Just look at this guy grasping at straws. How low do you have to go to become like this?
>>
>tell me why DJT is allowed without using this mod statement specifically made to debunk my argument and explain why DJT is allowed on /a/
I'm not sure what you want here, OP, but you're not going to get it and DJT will remain on /a/ regardless.
>>
>>470097
>not my fault for knowingly starting the arguments in the first place
You're still blaming one person for how others respond. You're a fucking adult and part of adult communication is argument. Grow the fuck up.

>>470099
>The pleasure of being cummed inside.
It's a /jp/ first and foremost. Be a little honest.
>The rule says nothing about proportion.
So I can start making threads on /a/ about rap videos as long as the music contains links to pictures of anime? Fucking epic reasoning.
>So are manga and anime.
Rarely.
>>
>>470102
ikr
>>
>>470102
>Just look at this guy grasping at straws
Stop fucking circlejerking.
No one in this thread that isn't a cancerous generalfag agrees with you.
>>
>>470098
Manga are discussed every single thread too.
>>
>>470104
>You're still blaming one person for how others respond. You're a fucking adult and part of adult communication is argument. Grow the fuck up.
Yeah, if someone walks into a grocery store and starts reciting written pornography, it's perfectly reasonable to place the blame for the resulting quarrel on that person. You're the child here.

>It's a /jp/ first and foremost. Be a little honest.
Not really.
>So I can start making threads on /a/ about rap videos as long as the music contains links to pictures of anime? Fucking epic reasoning.
If the rap is about anime/manga or is referenced in one and the post is about that, sure. You should try learning what "pertain to" means, by the way.
>Rarely.
Every. Single. Thread.
>>
>>470103
Just like touhou did, eh?
>>
>>470106
You're the only person other than "cancerous generalfags" currently in this thread, anon. All your posts are between one and four seconds apart.
>>
>>470108
>You're the child here.
You just compared someone posting anime images on a thread on /a/ with reciting written pornography in a grocery store.

Let that fucking sink in.

Also, to the cancerous generalfags who think you are so right, why the fuck are you here desperately trying to shit up this thread with lies and bullshit? If you're right, fuck off back to your cancerous general and be on your merry way.

But that isn't it, is it. You know the thread has no validity and all it is going to take is for mods to get sick of it and then it will be gone. Coming here throwing around personal insults like a lynch mob reeks of insecurity.
>>
>>470111
>You just compared someone posting anime images on a thread on /a/
This has nothing to do with "posting anime images on a thread on /a/", dumb sakuraposter.
>>
>>470111
>why the fuck are you here desperately trying to shit up this thread with lies and bullshit
I'm wondering the same thing about you.
>>
>>470110
>You're the only person other than "cancerous generalfags" currently in this thread, anon
That's because the other anons have already agreed and left. The generalfags are staying because they are desperate to try and discredit the thread with bullshit and insults because they know that's all they have.

>>470112
>dumb sakuraposter.
Fuck off back to /v/.
>>
>>470114
>That's because the other anons have already agreed and left.
Yeah, I don't see it anon.
>The generalfags are staying because they are desperate to try and discredit the thread with bullshit and insults because they know that's all they have.
Is that why you stopped responding to our valid retorts to your ridiculous misinformation?
>Fuck off back to /v/.
That's an /a/ meme, dumb sakuraposter.
>>
>>470111
>Also, to the cancerous generalfags who think you are so right, why the fuck are you here desperately trying to shit up this thread with lies and bullshit? If you're right, fuck off back to your cancerous general and be on your merry way.
Because we finished our Anki review, our daily reading quota, our VN playing time, and now have nothing to do before bedtime.
You have to admit this thread is as interesting as House of Cards.
>>
>>470113
>I'm wondering the same thing about you.
Amazing reasoning. You're here in a thread in /qa/ about a shitty off topic general on /a/, which you believe is perfectly valid and that everything in the OP is wrong. Here, you are here instead of in your general which is by your accounts fine. Your actions do not match up with your posts.

>>470115
>Is that why you stopped responding to our valid retorts to your ridiculous misinformation?
I'm still waiting on you to address the OP.
>That's an /a/ meme, dumb sakuraposter.
Fuck off back to /v/.
>>
>>470114
Do you just conveniently overlook any details that happen to disagree with your personal view and subconsciously manipulate other details to match your view if they didn't? Over the course of the thread you've made up several things or twisted the words of other people in an attempt to give your own opinion more credit. People outside of the "cancerous generalfags" have agreed with them, but I imagine in your mind that means that they're cancerous generalfags too, so basically anyone who disagrees with you is the enemy.
>>
>>470117
>I'm still waiting on you to address the OP.
The contents of the OP post itself were already addressed by a mod. One that wanted to get rid of the thread, I might add.
>Fuck off back to /v/.
Fuck off back to kekkit.
>>
>>470117
>I'm still waiting on you to address the OP.
There's nothing to address in the OP. It's misinformation and fanfiction that has been debunked already multiple times.
>>
>the thread itself was more focused on dumping images of visual novel screenshots (VNs belong on /jp/) and autistically arguing about shit unrelated to /a/ such as English grammar, different Japanese learning websites

Addressed directly by said hostile mod.

>creating internal bogeyman for anyone who didn't care for the established hivemind. People saw this statement from the mod as free pass to do anything they fucking wanted and it would be protected.

Your personal opinion (because you're the object of one of the boogeymen).
>>
>>470117
> Here, you are here instead of in your general which is by your accounts fine.
Everybody is opening 2 tabs at the same time.

>the thread itself was more focused on dumping images of visual novel screenshots
VN screenshots are being uploaded by individuals because it's 4chan. Along with the screenshots, said individuals are likely talk about said VNs in relation to language. Like grammar points they don't understand, for example.

> autistically arguing about shit unrelated to /a/ such as English grammar
There are some choice individuals that stays on djt that I personally don't think actively studying japanese. Refer to this post for solution >>469909
Ban all these clowns that purposely derail the threads by hurling insults to on-topic posts, and djt will be on-topic from the majority of it's regular residents.

>different Japanese learning websites
This complain is not off-topic to djt. The general is for japanese language learning

> creating internal bogeyman for anyone who didn't care for the established hivemind
This is unprovable from either your POV, or the opposing POV.
>How to categorize the hivemind?
>How many people uses the word "boogeyman" in their posts?
>What is DJT's "established hivemind" means in the first place?
I don't know how to answer this point because I don't understand what you mean by it.

>People saw this statement from the mod as free pass to do anything they fucking wanted and it would be protected.
No we are not protected to do anything we want. Again, refer to >>469909
> that person got banned because he argued about Japan's population problem.

Have I addressed all your points from the Opening Post? I think I have.
>>
>>469294
Its just dumb kids, theyve taken over
>>
>>469090
What an absolute shitshow this thread is. Op wasn't wrong and the fags in question like clockwork showed up and started throwing shit everywhere, summing up everything in this post: >>469656 Can set your clock to the predictable retardation produced in generals. With military precision.
>>
>>470192
Go back to bed, OP.
>>
This thread shows that /a/ is a far bigger mess than some people are willing to admit.
>>
>>470287
Generals are cancerous and attract idiots, but DJT is on a whole other level in that people openly deny it being part of the board. I get that mods might not want to force out a thread that has been there for years, but it clearly does not belong there anymore. That's what happens when you tolerate an off-topic thread for so long.
>>
>>470295
Go to bed.
>>
>>470295
>"people"
"People" also say it belongs on the board because we help each other to understand anime, manga, LN, and VN.
>>
>>470295
I know generals are cancer on 4chan. I don't even care if they're related to the topic of a board, it's the attitude that forms in generals that I hate so much. A lot of what happens in generals isn't even related to the board topic, and they become an insufferable circlejerk full of pointless posts and trolling.

>>470306
It helps people learn Japanese. The base discussion is not anime or manga. It's the learning of a language itself. Even if it didn't succumb to the faults of generals, it wouldn't belong on /a/.
>>
>>470311
>Even if it didn't succumb to the faults of generals, it wouldn't belong on /a/.
Which is something the fags protesting in this thread have persistantly handwaved as somehow irrelevant, as if just because one mod said it was okay at some time ages ago, it magically means it can remain forever despite having little to do with the board and nothing to do with the userbase of said board.

I don't get it. Why do they want to remain on /a/ when they can go anywhere else and be entirely undisturbed.
>>
File: snapshot.png (328KB, 1900x2865px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.png
328KB, 1900x2865px
Snapshot of thread just to show that the op was not at all lying or misrepresenting the thread.
Check out the rest of the thread if anyone thinks this is an unfair cherry picked example.
>>
>>470361
The thread quality goes up and down constantly, it's almost like there's an active userbase of 100-200+ posters of varying quality or something. The previous thread is probably a better example of what a typical thread is like. Either way, not all of it is that off-topic. Off-topic for /a/ maybe, but not DJT. Sometimes you actually have to discuss things related to Japanese, like setting up Anki or getting the script of the VN to run through a text analyzer for kanji/vocab frequency lists etc.

The hostility towards WK is just because some people thought it would be funny to jokingly shill it in the thread and pushed it to the point where DJT as a whole hates WK (the website version) with a passion.
>>
>>470365
>it's almost like there's an active userbase of 100-200+ posters
>general
Is that a joke?
>>
>>>/a/138708011

>>470366
What's so confusing here? The thread has hundreds of regular posters and not all of them are going to be the same quality in terms of overall quality of posts or ability to stay on topic / not flame people. What do you expect, anon? You'll get that anywhere you go that has large threads, that's not just a general thing.
>>
>>470365
>Off-topic for /a/ maybe
So you admit that the thread shouldn't be on /a/.
>>
>>470361
You're a retard, the bulk of that is still directly related to studying Japanese.
>>
>>470374
When are you going to admit that you're purely driven by autism?
>>
>>470374
That's a separate issue entirely, but I think being on /a/ helps the thread get plenty of new blood from /a/ to get like-minded individuals with similar interests in the same thread. I personally wouldn't have known about the thread if it were on another board, and I'm glad it's on /a/ because I enjoy learning with fellow /a/nons. I think the overall thread quality and userbase would dwindle if it were moved somewhere else.

The mod's statements may be old, but that doesn't really make it any less valid. If he's looking for another mod to come out of the woodworks to say the exact same thing or say that it needs to move to another board, I doubt that'll happen personally, but hey, who knows.
>>
>>470384
>That's a separate issue entirely
It's the main point. /a/ is for anime and manga discussion, not learning Japanese. You are acting EXACTLY like /v/ when you say you'd rather talk about it on your preferred board instead of a more appropriate board. "I like X, but I want to talk about X with other people who like what I like."

There are a few cases where what a mod says doesn't mean anything, those few cases are when what he says goes against the global or board rules.
>>
>>470403
Why don't you fuck off back to /v/ if you're so intimately familiar with it.
>>
>>470403
I mean, that's mostly your opinion. DJT is pretty /a/ at its core both in terms of userbase and overall attitude. Most anti-/a/ comments get ignored or they get told to fuck off / look what board they're on.

There are plenty of recurring threads on /a/ that are only vaguely /a/ related. Hell, the mod even mentioned hi10p as an example. The mod made the statement precisely because the mods decided that the thread would be an exception so long as it was self contained and only had one thread up at a time (i.e. only took up one of the 150 slots on the board, so there's still plenty of room for /a/ shitposting threads and seasonal threads and stuff).

Moving it to another board would also invite cancer land unmotivated slow learners who aren't interested in anime/manga/VN/LN etc. from other boards into the thread because there wouldn't be nearly as many people coming in from /a/.

The mod's statements are plenty I think. If they're not for you, then I don't really know what to tell you.
>>
>>470415
The main problem is that it isn't anime or manga discussion, and you try to play that as off as an unimportant aspect of those threads even when that is what the threads are for. It just like /v/ and their retarded food, LOL, and filname threads (that actually get deleted fairly often now). 4chan is a website, not a collection of circlejerks. Use boards related to your interests, and stop trying to force everything you like onto your favourite board. It separates the 4chan userbase even further.
>>
>>470438
I mean, we're just going in circles here. I disagree with what you're saying. We have differing opinions. Judging by the rest of the thread, it isn't really going to go anywhere.
>>
File: 1458231659210.png (535KB, 1900x2865px) Image search: [Google]
1458231659210.png
535KB, 1900x2865px
>>470361
>>
>>470442
You're either incapable of understanding, or unable to admit that these threads don't belong on /a/.

>>470444
Not anime or manga discussion. Just related enough to be mentioned occasionally when it's called for within limited bounds. The entire base of the discussion is not anime or manga.
>but learning Japanese helps we watch and enjoy anime more!
Just like how eating food makes it possible to live and play video games, or anything else in life? I guess /ck/ is pointless. Might as well allow food threads on any board. And all of this is ignoring the mountains of trash that generals always create.
>>
>>470470
They've been there for over 4 years, have gotten mod approval, has /a/ deeply ingrained into them, and moving it would significantly decrease the quality and activity of the threads. No matter how much you kick and scream, that's not going to change. If you don't like it, filter it. It's the single exception that has been made and it only takes up 1 of 150 of the board's thread spaces. DJT is the least of /a/'s problems or 4chan's problems in general. Have fun in your thread, I'm going back to studying, posting on /a/, and helping people on DJT.
>>
>>470491
Your particular brand of stubbornness is part of why generals are bad. All because of the possibility of not being allowed to talk about the Japanese language with your "friends" on the anime and manga board. It's very poor form to allow a thread like that go on for so long there. Everyone knows it.
>>
>>470502
An aspie like you is in no position to talk about stubbornness.
>>
>>470506
And then you resort to insults.
>>
>>470438
>The main problem is that it isn't anime or manga discussion
You are not familiar with /a/ so stop talking. /a/ have threads about Light Novels every fucking day.
>>
>>470538
That guy is not me. I even said I was leaving the thread. Closing the thread again.
>>
>>470661
What do light novels have to do with entire threads dedicated only to learning the Japanese Language aside from being the same language? Learning a language is not the same as discussing anime or manga.
>>
>>470692
I'm tired. A light novel should be on /jp/ as well. Still then, that just makes one more thing that shouldn't be on /a/.
>>
>>470694
So tired, and not well versed on the rules of /int/. I never go there. Language on /int/, light novels on /jp/.
>>
File: 1439971457351.jpg (71KB, 1174x304px) Image search: [Google]
1439971457351.jpg
71KB, 1174x304px
>>470694
>A light novel should be on /jp/ as well
Nah mate, I might agree with the generals need to fucking go, but is apparent you haven't /a/ for too long. LNs belong on both /a/ and /jp/.
>>
>>470699
http://www.4chan.org/rules#a
http://www.4chan.org/rules#jp
Tell me when the generals are gone like a mod said they would be, and when the rules change. Until then, that mod's words are pointless.
>>
>>470704
>mods arent rule makers
They are. It is just that if there is enough to people to go against their rules, the userbase can change the rules they set up. Almost no one cares about the lns being there. And as that mod said, lns are actually very connected to anime and manga unlike shit like touhou.

The vast majority of the website rules aren't written.
>>
>>470713
If it has been officially accepted, then why isn't it written down?
>>
>>470714
Because lurk moar.
>>
自殺しろ
>>
>>470717
Alrighty then, that's an admission of defeat. It looks like I'm done here. The thread can die with you getting the last bitter words after I close this tab for good. Congratulations, you can get the last words. That must mean you've won!
>>
>>470720
If you weren't such a stupid faggot you'd know that lurk moar was the actual answer to that question.
>>
djt is fine just ban everyone who tries to backseat mod or spergs out on meta shit in the thread

thats the shit the messes up the threads for long periods

its way easier to post stupid shit in djt than learn something about japanese and bring it to the thread for others to discuss after all
>>
I told you guys about allowing anime waifu OPs man

you have spergs like this guy who goes on a beta uprising because people don't like his le speshul edition sakurashitposting image

you have people competing to get their thread up with their custom OP image and then it causes multiple DJTs to go up at the same time

A consistent, neutral OP is the answer.
>>
>>470724
You should probably learn proper English and a shift key is before you try to learn Japanese.
>>
>>470729
im writing on the internet, not writing a paper, so you can lick my balls freely anytime
>>
>>470733
>im on the internet so i should act like a total fuckin retarded idiot
It must be nice being fucking 12 years old, cuntfuck. This isn't how it works.
>>
>>470736
id bet money im older than you and that i have a bigger dick also

also when you reply triggered about stupid bullshit that shouldnt trigger anyone but the most extreme anal retentive aspergers ridden "highly functional" autistic manchild, it turns out this is exactly how it works

dance muppets
>>
>>470725
It was never an issue before. It's only a problem now because of this guy. Until he goes away though, yeah, no deviation in the OP image whatsoever would probably be best.
>>
>>470736
You don't get to make the rules, dude.
>>
>>470470
The food and video game analogy isn't equivalent to the japanese and anime analogy. You need food for everything if you're going to connect that many dots. Anime is inherently Japanese though, and not all anime is translated.
Thread posts: 477
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.