[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpacking food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: TjWikiKatahdin.jpg (430KB, 1716x403px) Image search: [Google]
TjWikiKatahdin.jpg
430KB, 1716x403px
A friend and I are doing the 100 mile Wilderness section of the AT in a few weeks. What would be a good meal plan for such a trip? we're planning on 8 days
>>
>>824533
GORP and $3700 worth of Mountain House
>>
>>824533
Typical millennial. Too lazy to dig up their own information but immediately start a thread the first second a question pops into their mind.
Why not check the catalog you apathetic troglodyte?
>>821429
>>796550
>>817067
>>
>>824541
>says the salty 17 year old
>>
>>824541
forgot one
>>818550
There are currently 4 food threads up
op is still a faggot
>>
>>824541
Its /out. There aint much more to talk about other than food shelter shoes and knives
>>
File: YFZUC.jpg.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
YFZUC.jpg.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>824533
The AT has instituted fee stations so make sure you have a credit card. If you get caught without a reciept on the AT the rangers are using full force and fining, removing, and occasionally arresting.
Also pic related is best, bring chorizo too.
>>
>>825098
False

>bears
>what gun to take for bears
>which Walmart tent is best Walmart tent
>homeless thread
>bear attacks
>how to avoid bears
>/pol/ bleed over threads
>/k/ bleed over threads (see above bear guns)
>should I take my cell phone battlethreads
>>
>>825109
>The AT has instituted fee stations so make sure you have a credit card
>you have to pay to hike the AT now
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>825152
>fee stations
I've seen these. Also AT has banned hammocks on large stretches due to tree damage. $300-500 fine
>>
>100 miles
>8 days
will you be crawling on your hands and knees as challenge? for able-bodied men that's a two-and-a-half day walk.
>>
>>825724
Whoa. Chill out. Stop and smell the roses.
>>
>>825724
It's a competition retard, the whole point is seeing the scenery, cozy camping, having fun etc.

Also, the best food to bring is powdered mashed potatoes. Takes no space, weighs nothing, packed with calories, tasty, cheap and becomes a hearty decently sized meal with just a bit of water.
>>
>>825799
not*
>>
>>825724
>sedentary society
>thinks most people can walk 40 miles a day for 3 days with no prior conditioning
>>
>>825799
Scenery? Don't they call it The Green Tunnel this time of year?
>>
>>825828
I don't know, I am not american, but the reason I go on hikes is to enjoy the scenery, I don't see any other reason to walk so long otherwise
>>
>>825595
God damn fucking hippies always complaining about "muh trees".
>>
>>826016
Yeah,try doing 40 miles while also 2000-3000 meters in height.
Obviously everybody can do it
>>
>>826511
>2000-3000 meters in height
Lulz, you make it sound like you're going up and down a roller coaster. The AT is pretty much like walking in a park. Walking the streets of SF is harder than walking the AT.
Also the air is not 'thin' at 2-3k.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.