[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

camp food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 46

File: 11545350_s.jpg (39KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
11545350_s.jpg
39KB, 400x267px
What are some healthy, onnabudget camping foods and how do I cook them?
Doesn't need to be gourmet cuisine. Just something I can live 3 days on that doesn't require an ice chest.
>>
>>796550
PB and Tortillas
>>
>>796550
Vermicelli & a tube of tomato paste (not a can) - Vermicelli cooks in 4-5 minutes, and a tube of paste will be thicker and more concentrated than a can, and has less trash to haul out. Make sure you also have a little plastic bottle of olive oil (easy to find a small plastic bottle at a dollar store). You can also bring a baggie of dry parmesan and spices.

Kraft Mac & Cheese - Ditch the box and put the noodles in a ziplock. Put the sauce in another ziplock with a teaspoon of skim milk powder. Use olive oil instead of butter. Plenty of other pasta side options as well.

Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - It's already cooked so all you have to do is boil the entire pouch for a bit. Make sure to tear a corner first. Don't use this as a staple because it's not particularly calorie dense. Chicken flavor with Tabasco is great.

Instant oatmeal. Brown sugar flavor is best because it's got more calories. Takes 2-3 packets to make a meal. You can also switch it up by using instant steel cut oats with brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. Very filling, very calorie dense.

Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes. Really filling, and warms you right up. Kinda salty though, and you might want to break one package down into two meals using snack-sized ziplocks. You can also consider adding skim milk powder.

Individual foil packets of tuna, chicken salad, or chicken breast chunks if you can get it. There's also "Libby's Seasoned Beef Crumbles" which is an alleged ground beef packet that requires no refrigeration. All kinds of stuff you can do with these, like hamburger helper or trail tacos. Just open a corner of the packet and stick it in boiling water to warm it up. Might want to try it at home first because it might not agree with you.

Other things to experiment with would be smoked cheeses like gouda, and dry salami. Both should be stable enough to bring with you on the trail without refrigeration, but I personally haven't tried it.

If you don't want to cook, make nutella sandwiches with white flour tortillas. Nutella keeps for a month or so after opening with no refrigeration, and tortillas will keep for a week or more. Also GORP. GORP GORP GORP. If there's a bulk store nearby you can make your own for reasonably cheap.
>>
>~150g spaghetti of choice
>one bag of powdered """"carbonara"""" sauce
>powdered milk for ~2.5dl water
>some coriander or whatever you want

1. Boil the spaghetti for it's required duration minus 2 minutes
2. Pour out all but ~2.5dl of water
3. Add both powders and coriander
4. Stir until it thickens
5. ????????
7. PROFIT

One meal will set you back about a dollar fifty. Alternatively you go full Viet Cong mode and just bring a bag rice.
>>
>>796550
bacon and cheesy campfire potatoes. I always carry around a few potatoes when i'm backpacking
>>
>>796571
Got a recipe?
I'm an invalid
>>
>>796570
Rice takes a lot of time/fuel. Fine if you're in deep woods and can chop whatever you want, but not ideal if you have to pack your own naptha/butane/propane or if you're limited to deadwood in a govt park.
>>
>>796550
Oatmeal. You can add almonds. pb, honey, or dried fruit to it for extra calories. Instructions are on the packets.
>>
>>796600
>>796570
Long Grain rice cooks quicker than short grain so if fuel economy is important use long grain.
>do not stir long grain rice.

Also soaking rice before cooking it will help it cook faster. You can soak it overnight in a mixture of water and vinegar for breakfast, or soak it in plain water for 30-40 minutes. It's best to start soaking before you start making camp.

Another way to cook rice if fuel economy is important is:
1. bring water to boil
2. add rice.
3. heat until water's reduced.
4. remove pot and cover. (put a thick cloth in between pot and lid to seal it)
5. Let sit for 15 minutes.
This way you finish up the rice with a steam cook. Use a 1:1 water rice ratio for faster cooking. Long grain will be softer, but short grain will still be cooked yet a bit chewy.
>>
>>796591
Potato
Bacon
Cheese

Ta da
>>
>>796620
>soak it overnight
Not really feasible in bear country, but I get what you're saying. Vietcong-style camping requires a bit more forethought I guess.
>>
>>796626
>If you are confident in your knife fighting skills bears shouldn't be a problem.
You could soak it overnight in a zip-lock bag or any resealable bag if in bear country.
>>
File: DCS-210B_1z.jpg (428KB, 1160x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DCS-210B_1z.jpg
428KB, 1160x1600px
These fuckers...
>usually on sale for $1 in local store
>really good for instant potatoes
>literally add boiling water, set for a couple minutes
>>
>>796626
I use a plastic peanut butter jar for pre soaking food
>>
>>796591
you need:
Bacon
Potatoes
Shredded Cheese
Garlic Salt & Butter (optional but it makes for a better meal)
you can cut the potatoes any way you want, I cut them into chunks
wrap them together, add some butter and garlic salt, shake it up
put it on the grill right over a fire. let it cook a bit, potatoes take a while
toss the bacon on the frying pan and let it cook up, I like mine extra crispy
once the potatoes are good and cooked toss shredded cheese and crumbled bacon in the foil, shake it up
let it cook until the cheese is as melty as you want
serve and enjoy!
>>
>>796724
*wrap them in foil
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (48KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
48KB, 540x540px
Heinz beans and soups
>>
>>796730
Takes anywhere from 0 time to however long you like is good to eat cold just not nice
>>
File: coolbeenz.png (149KB, 307x425px) Image search: [Google]
coolbeenz.png
149KB, 307x425px
>>796730
i prefer pic related †bh. more refreshing.
>>
>>796550
Beans
Eat with rice

Complex protein. Culture have thrived on it and your fat ass can survive three days on it.
>>
>>796741
this. i can't get enough. sometimes i just buy a pic related and simmer it (or precook it and wrap in foil if it's just an overnight) but i also have a few recipes i make from scratch. i always use canned beans though. it's heavy but dry beans aren't practical /out/
>>
>>796550
>cheese
>fresh tomatoes
>salt
>bread

The best camping food

also burgers/sausages/meat if you got a grill
>>
>>796730
The trouble with canned goods though is that they are not calorie dense enough, and you also have to carry out the empty can.

Dried beans are even worse, as they require many many hours of preparation.
>>
>>796917

desu
>>
File: IMG_20160619_062105.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_062105.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>796569
Solid.
>>
>>796958
>Bisquick Complete

I've got to try that. Thanks for the idea anon.
>>
File: IMG_20160619_064411.jpg (961KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_064411.jpg
961KB, 2048x1536px
>>796959
>>
File: pelekie-zirni.jpg (164KB, 1280x775px) Image search: [Google]
pelekie-zirni.jpg
164KB, 1280x775px
Try out grey peas with smoked pork belly.
Put them peas in water to sit owernight (no point making it for day hikes).
Boil peas until cooked.
Dice onions and bacon or whatever smoked meat you have and fry em a bit. Mix all together and gg.
I eat this at home with sour cream
>>
>>797196
Forgot to mention the main thing is to get a lot of fat from smoked meat on the peas so the more fat on meat the better will be the taste.
>>
>>797204
I ruined my last beans with bacon grease. Was haram as fuck, be wary about overusing it.
>>
File: XPDUK.jpg.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
XPDUK.jpg.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
>>796550
frozen skillet meals, i go hunting with them in the fall and they dont degrade from 1-5C, no cooler or extra water needed.

higher grade meat and vegetables than any dried/canned food.
>>
Get a $20 dehydrator and eat whatever you want in the bush. It's not rocket science.

All of the prepackaged shit people recommend in here is trash, typical american fatties.
>>
>>797224
An easy fix, but AZ scout so...

Maybe next winter.
>>
>>797227
> says the euro fatty
>>
>>796550

Depends on how long you're camping for. When I do one or two nighters I'll take proper food - gammon steaks, burgers etc. and just grill them over the fire. Throw anything in tin foil in the embers of a fire and it'll be cooked perfectly.
>>
>>797309
22 lbs of food, eh?
>>
>>796550

Off the top of my head, all of these things keep for several days or more with no refrigeration.

Cured meats & seafood
Ghee, mustard, peanut, or olive oil (depends on type of cuisine)
Garlic & onions, maybe ginger
Dried mushrooms i.e. porcini
Root veggies - taro, chayote, yuca, potatoes, carrots, etc
Dried peppers - ancho, chipotle, etc
Any/all citrus
Nuts
Dried herbs
Asian fruits i.e. longan, lychee (don't squish/bruise in a pack either)
General fermented items: kimchi, pickles, pepperocini, olives, soy sauce, fish sauce, etc etc
Eggplant would keep for a while

The only hard part about cooking well while out is stuff that's only good fresh, like tomatoes, celery, bok choy, spinach, lettuce, etc. But even these can stay fresh if you grow them yourself and pack them well. The 'fresh' veggies in the grocery store are days old already, so picking tomatoes/peppers/anything for your hike would absolutely help them last.

Tip: a lot of asian/eastern markets sell dried/preserved meats, shrimp and fish that you would never find at Walmart.

From this list you could easily make thai stir fry, curry, french stew, italian pasta, paella, Mexican chipotle stew, etc.

Again, the hard part is finding workarounds for bringing canned food. For example, instead of bringing canned coconut milk for green curry you could bring coconut flakes/flesh and boil them in water for several minutes to make 'milk'.

You autists eating 12 potatoes in three days need to head on over to >>>/ck/. Eating well on trail isn't complicated, it just takes a little more thought than sticking some prepackaged crap in your bag.
>>
spaghetti
chorizo sausage x2
tomato paste in a tube
oatmeal sachets
cup a soup sachets
instant noodles
tortillas
and raw or roasted nuts (NOT salty peanuts)
dark chocolate
dried fruit (try not to pick raisins)
peanut butter
beef jerky

depending on where you live you can find onions, garlic and herbs in the wild.

should be plenty and light weight.
remember to bring a little more than you need, 2 is 1 and 1 is none.
>>
File: soups.jpg (28KB, 414x202px) Image search: [Google]
soups.jpg
28KB, 414x202px
>>796733
I don't think you get it
>>
File: zirni_zavgal1-202x250.jpg (16KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
zirni_zavgal1-202x250.jpg
16KB, 202x250px
>>797209
Its our national food. You cant overdose peas with fat that easily because they are really dry. We can buy them already cooked pic related just need to heat up... you can see how much fat is in there
>>
File: 6878530449_59a9804976_b.jpg (427KB, 1024x738px) Image search: [Google]
6878530449_59a9804976_b.jpg
427KB, 1024x738px
>>797309
Car camper detected.
>>
>>797466
What's wrong with raisins? Too mainstream?
>>
>>797761
Raisins look like rat turds.

Never eat them or you will turn into a rat.
>>
Jar of lard and a flattened bag of potato bread or lefse. Fuck tortillas.
Pemmican if I have any.
Oatmeal. And some protein powder.
Can of fruit filling for camp pies.
Butter packets from anywhere and everywhere.
Brandy.
>>
How long do potatoes last for? I'm assuming forever.
>>
Lately I've been into one-pot dehydrated meals.

Nothing more simple than just adding water.

Here are a couple recipes I'm using for my next trip.

http://www.thrueat.com/backpacking-recipes/chicken-thai-curry

http://www.dirtygourmet.com/pasta-with-vegan-tomato-cream-sauce/

and my own recipe for backpackers instant japanese curry.
>>
>>799364
they eventually get pretty soft and grow sprouts. But more than a month usually.
>>
>>796570
>~2.5dl water

What
>>
>>799557
decilitres
>>
File: 1460742787616.jpg (313KB, 983x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1460742787616.jpg
313KB, 983x1600px
First, Take rice or pasta, a bit of salt and pepper as flavourings, maybe some chili powder or something such as that if you want.
Shoot a rabbit, squirrel, or pigeon, fry it up, add it to the rice and boil the rice up, and then eat. Make sure you add your condiments while cooking and after cooking. Great meal, especially with a fresh spring bunny.
>>
>>797761
they rise in your stomach
>>
Last weekend I smoked a whole pork shoulder that fed 8 guys pulled pork for $7.23
>>
>>799607
OMG I recognize that book!
>>
I like to brown up some venison or other game meat and add it to this stuff. 1 bag plus the meat has lasted me 2 days out in the woods, and it tastes fucking great. pretty cheap too, getting the game meat can be difficult though
>>
>>799999
Witnessed
>>
Baked potatoes. Just went a couple of weeks ago and that combined with hotdogs and baked beans was all I ate. They're relatively light and easy as fuck to cook.

Basically my menu looks like this,

>bag of some starchy grain, either rice, potatoes, or flour to make bannock (these are your staples, if you have extra room in your pack for food stick it with extra grain)
>raw veggies, usually carrots or spinach or bit of both
>pre-cooked sausages for protein
>peanuts or pistachios to snack on between meals
>>
>>799999
How long did you wait to snipe that?
>>
You can also use oranges to bake things in as well. Slice a portion of the top off, scoop out insides, fill with your bisquik or whatever, foil wrap and toss it in the fire!
>>
>>800047
I was super exited that this was a thing but then I realized that it would probably turn out better either way just cooked in a small pan...
>>
>>797227

This you mongs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3iYj025fcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu1-9DkmUKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGiupAj_ttI
>>
>5 parts high performance dog food
>2 parts fish meal
>1 part lard
>water as needed
>1 part molasses
>pepper, salt, and dill to taste
>blend until smooth-ish
>Maybe add berries and nuts if you have any
>form bars
>seal bars
>pack bars

As an additional bonus, it can be used as bait for just about everything, and you can share with your battle buddy.

Only ever had one bite of it, but I love bringing them along to fuck with new guys.

Seriously though, corned beef hash stuffed in ball of biscuit dough is god tier camping food.
>>
>>799558
What
>>
>>797710
Vel var tas zupas, kas burcinas spilvas ar.
>>
>>800558
you're a fucking idiot
>>
File: muffins.gif (542KB, 819x1263px) Image search: [Google]
muffins.gif
542KB, 819x1263px
>>796958
>>796959
>>796971

I looked for Bisquick Complete and found some just-add-water blueberry muffin mix packets that were the same size. Worked out to about 600 calories for the whole packet of muffin mix. I tried making it as one bigass muffin in a 1qt pot, but I wasn't able to get the heat high enough, and it ended up edible, but wet and mushy. Really needs to be cooked in a bed of embers instead of on a stove.

However, if you can have a campfire it would be a pretty good option. It was about 130 calories/oz, and only needed half a cup of water for the whole pouch. You can mix it right in the pot you use to cook it with, then eat it right out of that pot with a spoon.
>>
>>800552
>high performance dog food
lolwut
>>
>>796622
Got an easier recipe? I'm an invalid
>>
>>801621
Why are you fat shits all eating rubbish like muffin mix and instant potato?

Fucking hell guys come on.
>>
File: YFZUC.jpg.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
YFZUC.jpg.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>796550
Can these be made without the milk and butter? Seems like that would be a good camp food if so.
>>
>>801963
Those potatoes are actually pretty fuckin delicious. My problem with them is 1 it's not a balanced meal and 2 like a lot of shelf stable foods, it has Trans fats which are pretty terrible for you, especially if you're at an age where heart disease is a risk.
>>
>>796550
It's summer. Get a summer sausage. Good fats for energy and a source of protein. If you get one without nitrates or other artificial preservatives it's not unhealthy. Eat with tortillas or add to other foods to spice em up/ up the calories and protein.
>>
>>801963
Because you need shitloads of calories when your hiking a heavy pack all day?
>>
Buy a cans of stew and bread.
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 245x206px
>>801761
Just add fire.
>>
>>797196
it's gonna be a gas chamber inside the tent, probably not a good idea if you are taking your lass /out/ with you.
>>
>>800573
>being overly metrificized
You're the retard here, buddy. Real metric users would've used mL there instead of dL.
>>
>>801976
Use powdered milk and ghee, if you live in an area where you can easily find ghee. Otherwise just use a little bit of cooking oil, or clarified butter.
>>
File: k_geeps.png (23KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
k_geeps.png
23KB, 261x195px
>>801976
i make them without milk, powdered milk, or butter. they're delicious any way you make it anon. especially after a long day innabush.
>>
>>803313
The fuck man? nobody uses ml in everyday life.
>>
>>803374
Not sure if being trolled or just American.
>>
File: dcs-640_1z.jpg (342KB, 1600x1359px) Image search: [Google]
dcs-640_1z.jpg
342KB, 1600x1359px
>>796550
topramen
>>
>>797309
20 pounds of potatoes aren't $3 and if you don't believe me ask your mommy how much she pays.
>>
Cheap pack of hotdogs, and cheap can of beans.
>>
File: hi_five.png (3KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
hi_five.png
3KB, 493x402px
>>803495
finally somebody recognizes that Nissin is far superior in quality and flavor than the Maruchan ramen.

Maruchan has a lot of interesting flavors that are worth exploring, but the standard flavors (chiggin, beef, oriennal) pale in comparison to Nissin and also their noodles are inferior to Nissin as well
>>
>>796550
Whatever I can find at the dollar store. Lots of Uncle Ben's and canned soups. Maybe not the healthiest or the tastiest, but it makes a fine capstone to a long day in the woods.
>>
> dollar store
Blech!
>>
I like canned mandarin oranges for dessert
>>
File: IMG_20160628_172756.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160628_172756.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>803861
> How I Did It
> GSI Spice Missle

I will carry cheap qhit food, but give me flavor!

Pic from tonight, for this weekend.
Love me.
>>
>>797227
Look, I used to make my own jerky, sausages and dried fruit. I like dried stuff as much as the next guy, but it gets tiring if that's all you eat. Hot meals are a hell of a boost on the trail.

You don't even need the dehydrator, you can use the oven if the settings go low enough. Quit being a cunt
>>
>>799998
Chewing is pretty cool

>>799999
Mediocre
>>
>>803495
>>803718
Fuck both of you nissin tastes like hay and rice chaff
>>
>>803961
so you're saying it tastes worse than Maruchan? because it doesn't.
>>
For a causal over night hike in the autumn it's hard to beat a can of hearty soup (think campbell's chunky soup) and a sleeve of saltines. I'll go for the low salt versions of both if I see them.

Is it the best weight/nutritional thing out? No but damn is it tasty on a brisk autumn night. If i'm going for a few nights and need to watch my pack weight i'll switch to freeze dried stuff. But for a day/1 night hike? Soup is a great choice
>>
>>803934
.... You don't reconstitute your dehydrated meals? Holy fuck Americans are stupid
>>
>>804154
>xaxaxa le Americans are stupid may may
He sounds more like a yuropoor to me, eating dried sausages and shit.
>>
>>799999
>>800000
>>
>>803316
>Use powdered milk and ghee
Interesting, seems like a good idea.
>>
>>803495
Whats the point of carrying such bulky package of ramen when you can carry a slim packet of vermicelli ?
>>
>>797227

Agreed. People are just advertising shit and a retarded lifestyle of shit.

When I go out I have dried meats, dried fruits, and hardtack.
>>
>>796600
instant rice cooks pretty quickly I find
>>
File: DIVERSITY.jpg (658KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
DIVERSITY.jpg
658KB, 3264x1836px
>all this processed shit
I try to minimize it as much as possible and bring more base ingredients + seasonings.

>instant rice
>instant refired beans
>instant mashed potatos
>steelcut oatmeal
>GORP
>beef &/or turkey jerky
>top ramen with half of the water drained + a little peanut butter & hotsauce = "poor man's pad thai"
>whole wheat tortillas
>cous cous
>dehydrated fruits and veggies that you can just throw into a pot
>individual tuna fish/ slamon/ or chicken servings in a bag
>ghee
>hotsauce and a couple of spices
>extra dry cheeses
>preserves meats like summer sausage
>a clove or two of fresh gharlic

Mix and match all of these for different combinations and you'll never be bored. Buy a dehydrator and make your own shit too.
>>
>>805505
Crush the noodles and consolidate them all in a zip lock bag.
>>
>>805543
I just make normal meals sans fat and dehydrate. Hardtack is a little extreme for me
>>
>>805671
>crushed ramen noodles
although this is very practical it's absolutely haram
>>
>>799427
you can actually keep them for years if you know how to do
>>
>>803313
it would actually have been cL
>>
>>805713
Shorter noodles isn't that big a deal, and now you just drink them out of the cup/ bowl on the move.
>>
>>798990
jas townsend is that you? ily <3
>>
>>805816
yeah i know, but

https://youtu.be/cDGlN6mluGA
>>
File: 1467013786936.png (8KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467013786936.png
8KB, 640x480px
What does a day of food look like for /out/?

How much of it is cooked and how much of it is eaten on the go?
>>
>>805986
for a day? dry/packaged snags all day and one cooked meal at night. i don't have a specific fôto but for one day it's shit like trail mix, peanut butter & crackers, apple sauce, jerky, some candy for dem sugars, and then some Knor™, Mountain House®, rice and beans, or sausage cooked up for dinner. Spam or Treet works wonders, or even canned sardines/tuna if that's your game.
>>
>>805988
Do you plan your calorie intake and the type of foods nutrients? You mentioned sugars, is that the priority?
>>
>>805993
it depends what you're doing. if you're exerting lots of energy over time then sugars and carbs are great, if you're really killing it uphill, scrambling, or climbing, you need to watch your protein.

I personally have never really planned calorie intake, I just bring lots of high-caloric foods and eat as much as I crave. I do however try to plan protein if it's a real workout. Generic rules of thumb say you should have as many grams of protein, per day, as your weight in pounds, when you're really stressing your muscles. I weight 170lbs, if I'm gonna go for a really difficult ascent I should be eating 170grams of protein that day - which means beef jerky, maybe a couple eggs, some SPAM singles, peanut butter, rice & beans, or tuna, etc. When you're out in the bush calories are just a "thing" you need, so candy and crackers and starchy things are musts... so bring enough so you can eat until you feel satisfied. Protein you should plan a bit though, imho.
>>
>>796550
Knorr pasta with those SPAM packets cut up in there, but I don't know about eating it for three meals a day for three days. Ramen? Mac and cheese with tuna in it? Uncle Bens rice with more SPAM? Vienna sausages and crackers? Pork and beans but that's heavy but hella good.
>>
>>806899
>eating it for three meals a day for three days

hypersolid shits denser than a neutron star
>>
>>796550
Steam some couscous at home and then pack it and bring it out, Idk if it's the same with rice. You can eat it with dried apricots/prunes too.
>>
File: 0003940001614-500x500.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0003940001614-500x500.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>796730
>>796739
> disgusting beans and ketchup
>>
>>796550
rice/beans/peanutbutter if you're on a budget; not very healthy...
quinoa/almonds if you can spend a little more; super healthy. quinoa seed has a complete protein, all amino acids, carbs and protein - and cooks just like rice.
>>
>instant hummus and tortillas
>instant grits+bacon bits+garlic/onion powder+dry milk+cheddar cheese+hotsauce=good
>simple peanut butter/honey/instant oats bars with things like sunflower seeds, wheat germ, and flax in them, rolled up in wax paper
>homemade granola, walnuts, raisins, dry milk, with a little bit of water for breakfast
>babybel mozzarella+pepperoni and peanut butter+pitted dates on a tortilla for a nice lunch
>instant rice, dehydrated refried beans, spices and seasonings and maybe a packet of chicken or tuna
>quick cook pasta, dry milk, cheddar, garlic/onion/dried tomatoes

and then just a big old bag of M&Ms, raisins, sunflower seeds, peanuts, and granola for something quick

a lot of good stuff on trailcooking.com/recipe-home/
>>
>>807390
>rice/beans/peanut butter
>not nutritious

>falling this hard for the fagwah jew
>>
File: and the spear, grab the spear.png (173KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
and the spear, grab the spear.png
173KB, 500x758px
>>807390
>rice/beans
>not healthy

They are each by themselves incomplete simple protiens, but when eaten together you get all the complex protein structures you could possibly need, and cover a wider range of nutrients than quiona does by itself. Just mix instant rice/ instant refired beans together in a baggie and you have a great well-rounded source of protein.

Unlike quinoa they don't taste like shit so that's an added bonus too.
>>
fucking summerfags
>>
>>809025
>>808359
are you guys homeless or something?

rice is just less nutritious than quinoa and pb is just less nutritious than almonds, can't you see the comparison i made? not that they aren't good to eat, just less nutritious. i also don't like the high starch content of rice and how pb affects my bowel movements but that's just me.

> when eaten together
together, maybe. but there's no denying quinoa's superiority to rice, and if you think quinoa doesn't taste good, you haven't eaten enough quinoa dishes or maybe you've just had plain quinoa by itself. and there's no reason not to pair beans with quinoa too (which i do and you do it just like rice).

anyway, i'm just saying what i eat when i have or don't have money. faggots.
>>
>>797429
>Eating well on trail isn't complicated, it just takes a little more thought than sticking some prepackaged crap in your bag.

I also love to cook, and occasionally browse /ck/ (which is a pretty terrible board for actually learning to cook well):

the problem with complicated dishes isnt simply having non-perishables, but operational considerations.

shit like weight management, lack of a workplace for prep work, and campfire/firewood harvest bans leading to limited fuel...not to mention just being tired and needing calories fast after humping your pack for miles and not wanting to bother with complex cooking.

god only knows how many dishes you can make with just flour, oil, dried stock bases, salt, and a protein, but the question is whether you can do it on an alcohol stove, in a tiny aluminium pan, with no countertop or cookery to work with, while your body is beat to hell and you have a limited water supply.

you could definitely get away with it car camping, but trying to make a complex meal backpacking is kinda over the top.
>>
>>809042
Almonds are more expensive than peanut butter by an order of magnitude, and greatly contribute to California's drought situation, all for a very small potential gain in nutrients over peanuts.

Fagwah has a texture like ant eggs, and because so many of you hipster yuppie faggots insist on paying a premium for it, farmers in Peru and Bolivia can't afford to eat their own staple food because you're buying it all up. All for something that's no more nutritious than wheat, or rye, or oatmeal, or barley, or any of the other fucking cereals we as a species have been cultivating for thousands of years.

I cannot morally support either of those results, just to feel like a special snowflake.

You people are scum of the earth, destroying ecosystems and promoting the suffering of poor people across the globe just so you can get your nonconformity fix.
>>
>>809091
>trying to make a complex meal backpacking is kinda over the top

Make whatever meal you want at home, toss it into a dehydrator until it only weighs a couple ounces, then throw that shit into a baggie. Once you're out in the woods, toss it into a boiling pot of water and eat like a king. You can cook literally anything out in the woods if you prepare it right.
>>
>>796551
For damn sure

Bring some bananas along too to cut up and throw in
>>
>>809133
>this whole post

You can greatly reduce your carbon footprint by killing yourself. Try it right away.
>>
>>809133
>promoting the suffering of poor people
why should I care
>>
>>803374
'murican detected
>>
>>796550
Canned meats crackers and hotsauce bud
I prefer smoked oysters
>>
>>809385
But but the starving Africans! *proceeds to march against gmo's that would feed them*
>>
>>809530
exactly, people like this dumbass>>809133 love to complain about world issues in order to seem superior, and yet they refuse do do anything to correct the problems they pretend to care about
>>
>>803867

>simply organic
>spice islands

never buy these brands again
>>
>>809025
That pic kek
>>
>>809646
not hiim but what crawled up your cassock mang? you actually care what brand spices anon uses? fuck this place is turning into /mu/
>>
>>809222
>Make whatever meal you want at home, toss it into a dehydrator until it only weighs a couple ounces, then throw that shit into a baggie.

There's a few things in the scheme of this I can't really think of how to preserve by dehydration alone.

For instance, propose a method for dehydrating chicken and dumplings that doesn't involve working flour on-site.
>>
>>809667
>chicken
sliced into very thin strips and placed in a dehydrator, I've done it before
>dumplings
what type of dumplings/ whats in them?
>>
File: 1467774866353.jpg (38KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
1467774866353.jpg
38KB, 640x621px
>>807263
>>
>>809675
You need to boil the fat off first anon
>>
>>809675
>has to ask what kind of dumplings go in chicken and dumplings.

dumplings for chicken and dumplings are either quick bread flour or flour + lard. depends on regional variation, but they both present similar issues.

the hard part about chicken and dumplings innawoods really would be having the workspace for the dumplings (only way I can think of bringing them is as dry ingredients), and making a creamed roux (used for the sauce) innawoods without a stockpot and saucepan.

all of the ingredients could easily be made dry...the issue is prep space once you're actually innawoods, and weight/bulk, and moisture protection (much of your materials are going to be flours of some sort.

dehydrated chicken sounds like a fun idea though.

the whole meal, though, couldn't just be dried and bagged as you suggested. maybe canned, but you'd have major issues with texture.
>>
>>809763
I thin I get more what you're saying now, dumplings is such a big category of foods. If you're having trouble figuring out wet food prep space outdoors, a good book I'd highly recommend when it comes to easy outdoor prep/baking tecniques is this, or any of NOLS's other field cookbooks (they have tutorials on how to store flour and guard against moisture:
https://www.amazon.com/Cookery-National-Outdoor-Leadership-Library/dp/0811731081

My thought about the sauce issue would be to make it in your kitchen like you normally would and then fully evaporate it into a powder, adding just a little hot water in the field once you're ready to eat. It may not taste as good since its not fresh but that goes for a lot of camping foods so just bring some extra spices.
>>
>>809771
>It may not taste as good since its not fresh but that goes for a lot of camping foods so just bring some extra spices.

the white sauce used for chicken and dumplings is pretty much the same as sausage gravy, but with chicken broth mixed in.

companies can dehydrate/powder sausage gravy, so I don't see why one couldnt do it for white sauce too...I just wouldn't know how to do it personally because I don't into dehydrating.
>>
>>809790
You make parchment paper rings and ladle it on, not too hard actually.
>>
>>809790
this shit mixed + powdered milk + flour/. I use it to make sauce in the field and it is fucking glorious
>>
>>809794
can vouche for this, shit will make your boots taste good.

just remember adding flour to make sauces is tricky because if you add it to hot liquids it gets lumpy, so you have to add it when the water's cold or mix it up real good in cold water and stir the mixture into your hot pot
>>
>>796550
Anyone here use MRE rations?
>>
>>809800
Only when out in the field doing training and my company being some in by the box full.

Most of the time we just go to where the food is.
But if you do go with mre remember to strip it to it weighs less and packs better
>>
Paiai since you don't need to refrigerate it and it's ready to eat with just some water

Onions or shallots ground into a paste and jarred
Tomato paste
Spiced ghee
Ginger juice

Spice blends, salt, fish sauce/miso paste

After that I'd just look for "chicken of the woods" or go fish. Ethiopian spices can go with anything desu and paiai is available here and I could make it if I really wanted to with breadfruit.
>>
>>804154
Shoo, Achmed.
>>
>>809876
I doubt Achmed's bombed out shack has internet bud.
>>
File: IMAG0158.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0158.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
Penzeys northwoods seasoning goes great on rabbit haunches
>>
>>810158

i love their seasoning and live pretty close to their factory. the galena street bbq rub is so good on grilled chicken
>>
File: STUBBS.png (779KB, 432x1000px) Image search: [Google]
STUBBS.png
779KB, 432x1000px
>spread on wax paper
>toss in the dehydrator
>add water when out in the field

this shit will make rocks taste good
>>
>>796550
Grits with Lard

Bring some salt and pepper and you have 4 days of food for $5.00

If you want to eat better than a 17th century orphan:

(Just add water)
>Pouches of instant mashed potatoes
> Chicken Noodle soup packed
>Mountain house shit (if you want to take out a second mortgage)

Good items.
>pimmicam
>bag of apples
>tuna/salmon (pouches and cans are both good)
>Eggs (if you get them straight from the chicken they can go up to a week without refrigeration.)
>PB&J on bagels/tortillas/whitebread
>>
>>810640
>Eggs
how the fuck do you not break them? Powdered eggs are a good replacement.
>>
>>811820
I break them at home and put them in a small plastic jar
>>
>>811872
then they are not good for a week fool that only works in nature's containers.
Enjoy dying or shitting your brains out innawoods from your food poisoning.
>>
>>811924
I'm not keeping them in there for a whole week faggit
>>
>>811949
and yet the post said 'fresh from the chicken lasts for 7 days' you fucktard.....
Is week =/= to 7 days in your special part of the world?
>>
>>812020
none of the posts said 7 days 3 and 4 is all i see.
>>
>>810640
>Eggs (if you get them straight from the chicken they can go up to a week without refrigeration.)
>>812029
>none of the posts said 7 days
are you sure about that?
>>
>>812032
Eggs from a chicken that aren't washed don't need to be refrigerated, ones you buy at the store have to be because they've been washed.
>>
>>812035
My bad. Don't break the eggs faggot.
>>
>>812032
Damn sorry, my bads. No h8 m8
>>
>>807263
These taste good but have way too much sugar. Ever checked the label? I don't wanna be eating candy in the middle of the woods.
>>
>>812126
>I don't wanna be eating candy in the middle of the woods
why not? i like to take some snickers with me. everyone is always super happy when i hand them one late at night
>>
>>812126
>>812144
I always bring a box of Gobstoppers and everybody poohpoohs at first, until we're out in the bush and suddenly it gets real quiet for like an hour while everyone keeps a cheekfull of these d'licious little faggots.
>>
>>812035
Only if you live in a country that requires eggs to be washed before sale.
>>
>>801963
Calories bruh, have you ever fucking hiked before?
>>
>>809133
>contribute to California's drought
Looks like I'm buying more almonds!
>>
File: ebin pun wetback.jpg (19KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
ebin pun wetback.jpg
19KB, 500x367px
>being this assblasted over how to prepare eggs innawoods

you guys crack me up
>>
>>803495
>>803961
>>803718
>being snobby at the most mass-produced top ramen
That's like being snobby about coke or pepsi.

Go to an Asian grocery store and get a random box of instant noodles that you can't read the text of and I guarantee it'll be way better than either.
>>
>>812263
Crack your skull you cheeky fgt.
>>
>>801963
I Love how the replies are all: "Muh Calories! Hiking!" When I was fat, I used to tell myself that walking just a mile was reason enough to eat a huge pile of shit processed food too. Then I'd wonder why I was still such a fatty-bo-batty when I would exercise often.
>>
>>803317
sub shit dairy milk for cashew or macadamia milk. extra points for making some yourself.
>>
>>796659
i usually take some pork ramen, add a piece of SPAM and let the stock and SPAM boil, then add noodles. then i eat the noodles, and while the stock is still hot, i add in the idahoan bag and sprinkle bacon bits and eat that shit with gusto
>>
>>797309
>>797385
>>797720
>>803497
kekd
>>
File: le ebin pun beaner.png (66KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
le ebin pun beaner.png
66KB, 205x205px
>>812297
you yolks don't know how to take a joke
>>
>>809133
Huh. Aggie?

Which school
>>
>>812329
What people don't realize is food intake is where you lose the weight. Although you should still exercise.
>>
>>800044
chekt
>>
Am I the only one who vacuum seals my food?
It's fuggin simple lads, personally I like to bring soup by pouring it in a container freezing it, then emptying the block of soup in to a bag then sealing it while frozen.
Makes your own boil in the bag food.
It's fuggin great.
>>
File: 1467762278178.jpg (56KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467762278178.jpg
56KB, 640x360px
>>809763
>tfw I got stuck humping the stock pot, fire pan, wok, and most of the food on a group backpacking trip up and over a mountain range because everyone else was 2small
>>
>>809133
Some of us are allergic to peanuts. It's either almond or sesame butter for me.
>>
JERKY
E
R
K
Y
>>
>>813141
>carrying that much shit over a mountain
>>
>>813010
>>813010
isn't the plastic bad for you... doesn't it make the food taste like plastic? after you pretty much melt it into the food. also do you / can you re-use the bags? as in re-cook them
>>
>>801621
What the fuck is an artificial blueberry?
>>
>>803494
American schools use metric esp. In science. Probably the dumbfuck who uses dl
>>
>>813180
must be either GMO or "blueberry-flavor"... whatever that is
>>
>>796550
>Brown Rice
Cook in pot with 1 cup rice to 2 cup water ratio until tender/ready
>Beans
Easier to bring canned, but dry are pretty easy too, just simmer in water for a few hours until ready

BAM thats your protein, carbs and fiber right there. Add some veggies and maybe some fish and that is a complete diet my dude
>>
>>813264
>1 cup rice to 2 cup water ratio
this is the best and simplest camp-cooking tecnique, and yet so few people seem to know it
>>
>>813180
i think they just put dyed rat poohs in the muffins
>>
-basmati rice (i'm not a sand nigger so stfu)
-quick rolled oats
-kraft dinner
-russet taters
-garlic and onions
-homemade beef jerky
-granola with powdered milk
-starbucks via instants
-smokies (i use a water source as a means of refrigeration. YES, i'm aware of the risk.)
>>
Dehydrated egg salad sandwiches
>>
>>805789
Sweet potatoes last forever
>>
>>803374
I'm an American chemist and I use 'mL' every fuckin day. I've used dL once, only because some published article wrote their bullshit in that unit.
>>
>>803374
fun fact: in europe, shot glasses come in 2 cl and 4 cl
>>
>>796551
Sounds like my old Outward Bound days. We would load on on apple butter, peanut butter and tortillas
>>
>>796550
potatoes
>>
>>816439
Protip- use the leaves, they last longer
>>
Sandwich fixin's keep fine without refrigeration, as do eggs, trail mix, and most fruit.
>>
>>817200
>eggiwegs
you mean raw eggs, not pre-cooked right? also, i hope you're boiling thos eggs
>>
File: tuna.jpg (149KB, 406x406px) Image search: [Google]
tuna.jpg
149KB, 406x406px
How do you guys take meat /out/?

I'm a poorfag so this what I normally take.

>inb4 bring jerky
shit's expensive m8.
>>
>>812662
I got your joke, anon.
>>
>>802071
Could you dumb it down a little please
>>
>>817917
I don't. Soybeans for protein are good, they dont go bad, weight next to nothing and are dirt cheap.
>>
>>796730

This

I like the ones with sausage or bacon (black tins)

It's what I eat when /out/ for fire food
>>
>>803374
I'm from Poland, we use only litres and millilitres.

It's the first time I see anyone use fucking decilitres.
>>
>>805622
>complains about processed shit

>instant anything
>ramen
It doesn't add up.
>>
>>817917
Pickled
>>
>>818785
It's a British thing I think.
>>
my typical camping foods are:

instant oatmeal
protein bars
oatmeal bars
trail mix
canned beans
canned chilli
smokies
hot dogs
coffee (french press)
>>
File: tumblr_mr42aa9X8l1qcr6iqo1_500.jpg (174KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mr42aa9X8l1qcr6iqo1_500.jpg
174KB, 500x619px
>>803964
>>
>>816621
Inb4 blowing on chemicals to make crystals.
>>818677
Hippy
>>819424
Kek, saved
>>
>>818677
Enjoy the phyto estrogen
>>
Jerky soaked in water
>>
Now I would be actually interested in going out and cooking gourmet cuisine.

Nothing more badass than hiking in the highlands. Picking up a local girl taking her to the tent, putting on a suit and having a 3 course meal....fuck I am gonna do it even if it is retarded.
>>
>>821703
>Picking up a local girl taking her to the tent, putting on a suit and having a 3 course meal.

One of the most delusional posts I've ever read. Congratulations.
>>
>>821703
Shell think you're a fucking looper. You don't know many girls, do you
>>
>>796739
KEK
>>
>>798990
Oh shit it's the ghosts of Luis and Clarke.
>>
>>799557
>>799558

2.5 dl = .25l = .25 quart = 1 cup

Fucking eurotrash stole our recipes for freedom, sullied them with metric, and didn't convert them back for you. I bet he doesnt do reach arounds either.
>>
>ctrl+f "pop tart"
>no results

/out/ confirmed /in/
>>
>>824989
pop tart wrappers don't burn, they're foil. I wouldn't bring them /out/ as I'd have to bury the wrappers.
>>
File: check those.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
check those.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>824999
pop tart wrappers are a staple of any hiker's meal itinerary.
>>
>>824999
Then take them out of the wrapper before hand, or just pack the wrapper with you when you leave. They weigh next to nothing
>>
>>825135
>pack the wrapper with you when you leave.
r i g h t . . .
Not gonna happen. The point is to lighten the load as you go. Burn or bury
>>
>>825142
>literally like 5 grams of foil per pack
Dude
>>
>>825149
>5 grams
Not the point. I don't carry out trash. I burn it so I try to bring stuff I know will burn. If it doesn't turn to dust & ash I bury the remains.
>>
>>825164
The heaviest party is the did itself. By eating it you have lightened your load.
>>
>>798990
Want some mercury pills with that?
>>
File: gun3.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gun3.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>799607
SWEDISH CHEF IS THAT YOU?
>>
>>825164
>toxic chemicals leaching into the soil and groundwater because hundreds of you fuckwits bury plastic ash
Shiggity.
>>
>>809042
rice is nice. quinoa sucks.
>>
>>801982
I do this for day hikes and I mix in brick cheese and Ritz crackers...compact and not very heavy compared to the calories
>>
>>805622
Got any brand names for dried refried beans? I haven't been able to find any....
>>
>>825714
>The heaviest party is the did itself
you w0t m8
>>
>>796958
Seconded. Add bacon jerky too the cheddar broccoli rice sides
>>
>>800552
>high performance dog food
>seasoned with pepper and dill

You can't make this stuff up
>>
>>797227
>confirmed for never having eaten /out/ for one day, let alone several days
>>
>>811820
You can buy plastic egg containers at any outdoor store (REI, Diamond Brand, etc.) the eggs don't need to be refrigerated for a couple days.
>>
Has anyone here made a stew/chili and just left it on a campfire for a few days, eating it when you're hungry? That's what cowboys used to do in the past right?

Seems like the best way to eat when camping as long as you don't get sick.
>>
>>828154
just have to keep it > 140F and no worries.
>>
>not eating chili mac MRE's with tabasco

are you faggots even /out/?
>>
>>810635
This!

1. Soak beefstripes over night in Stubbs spicy
2. dry the beef at 75°C for 9 hours
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!
>>
>>828210
I personally like the Ravioli or cheese tortellini better
Both with tobasco or whatever spicy flavoring they packed with it
>>
>>809025
This is a myth, repeated for years and now believed by everyone. Beans and rice are delicious, but do not have to be eaten together to get a "complete protein." Google it if you think I'm full of shit.
>>
>bringing premade food with you while /out/
Just hunt animals you faggots
>>
>>799427
Pretty sure you could make lots of food last indefinitely if you package them in an argon filled container. Argon will displace any oxygen since its heavier than air.

Also it makes your voice deep and otherwise acts like really heavy helium. Better than helium for painless suicides also.

You can get it at any dedicated welding shop.
>>
>instant oatmeal/grits
>cup ramen
>corned beef hash
>tea and honey

My usual
>>
>>812263
CAAARRRRRLLLLOOOSSSS!
>>
>>800530
Why is he dehydrating canned beans? You can already buy dehydrated beans, in fact they're cheaper than the canned stuff.
>>
File: Soylent_drink.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Soylent_drink.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>796550
Soylent.
One bag contains 2k calories, just mix with water in a 2:1 ratio.

Its the only thing I pack these days when I go camping. Each bag weights a bit over a pound. Its easy to make, requires no other utensiles, just a shacker jug.

I've been using Soylent for the last 3 years, so fucking simple. It taste good, and is really, really filling. Actually feel full after drinking a meals worth, I dont feel the need to snack on at all in between.

Kinda hard after only using it after about 4 days, so there is always 4lb bag of trailmix from Costco
>>
>>832187
That stuff is expensive for what you get.
>>
>>832187
Enjoy your liquishits soylent shill.

Though I have to admit, Jewing so many people out of their money for a glorified protein shake is quite commendable.
>>
>>832192
Its $8 a day. $50 for a weeks worth of food. Its pretty fucking cheap.

>>832209
Show me another product that's in the same price range that gets you an entire day's worth of proper nutrients? People have tried, and used this for 30+ days without ill effects.

And you shit less. Cause shitting in the woods is never fun.
>>
>>832213
>Its $8 a day. $50 for a weeks worth of food. Its pretty fucking cheap.

I can get a months worth of food for $50.
>>
>>832215
It's easily 8 per mountain house meal
>>
>>832187
>literally rat shit everywhere
Haven't you seen the youtube video?
>>
>>832213
$50 a week is a lot of money to spend for one fucking person.
>>
>>796550
Pemmican, all youll ever need
>>
>>829229
Good to know, all of that. Ty anon
>>
>>800011
Bear creek best soup +1
>>
Anybody try TOTMs? They're MREs that natl guard uses. Same recipes and everything. Approx 1200-1300 calories a pop. I'm planning on bringing 11 of them for a 5 day trip innawoods.
>>
>>832230
Yeah, that was their first batch being made in their first place. Who cares. No one ever got sick as far as I know.

You're going camping, you have a problem with bear shit too?

>>832233
Its their minimum order. If you're only camping for 3-4 days, a weeks worth of food can be had between two people.

Srsly, its super cheap. Its $8 for a whole day's wroth of food. You can maybe make one meal for around that much, but not all 3. Unless you already have a ton of food at your place you're bringing.
>>
>>832262
Isn't that kind of expensive to make? It's what, $1.50 - $2 per 100 calories?
>>
File: IMG_20160808_225523.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160808_225523.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
found theese today. haven't tryed yet though.
>>
>>832449
Do you even hunt you cuck fuck?
>>
File: 1466509191389.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1466509191389.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>799999
>>
>>832752
You can get 1 deer and 1 elk a year. 1 moose if you want to spend $300 on the tag. That's hardly enough.
>>
>>799999
Shieeeet... Where's 800000?
>>
>>832794
In your area, cuck.
>>
>>832805
Do you even know what cuck means? Because the context that you're using it in makes no sense.

>In your area

Yes, in my area, that means I don't have the option to kill and preserve large game every time I want to go backpacking for a week.
>>
File: 1444535014141.gif (767KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
1444535014141.gif
767KB, 298x298px
>>812224
Is the U.S. one of those countries?
>>
>>833414
yes. also is that peps?
>>
>>817917
salami, a nice thick salami
>>
>>833133
>You can get 1 deer and 1 elk a year. 1 moose if you want to spend $300 on the tag. That's hardly enough.
>>I can get more tags than that, plus tags for other animals and I have a fur harvester stamp. I very rarely have to buy meat from the store.
>>>you are a cuck
>>
>>832794
A moose would literally feed you for a year.
>>
>>832449
Pemmican is not very expensive at all to make. Even if you buy the ingredients, where do you live? Venezuela?
>>
>>833486
A moose would feed 1 person for 3 months.

>>833485
>I can get more tags than that, plus tags for other animals and I have a fur harvester stamp. I very rarely have to buy meat from the store.
>you are a cuck

What are you talking about? What's your problem?
>>
>>833489
You insinuated that your tag limits apply to everyone
>>
>>833489
How fucking small are your moose, cuck?
>>
>>833489
Scrolling back reading the bickering it's clear he's making fun of you because you can't provide for yourself because of the cuck area you live in, and due to the fact you think pemmican is expensive to make.
>>
Gonna ask here: i have an msr stowaway pot and it burns things like eggs real quick

Is there a better alternative? Not looking to haul a cast iron pot

I tried making uncle bens ready rice but the pot fucking burnt it. Halp
>>
>>833525
>pemmican
I google this looks like beef jerky but also different.
I can make at home and freeze for lifetime survival. Going try it this day.
Anybodys have the recipes for good then I find internet?
>>
>>833525
>of the cuck area you live in,

Most states have low bag limits, especially states where hunting is incredibly popular. My state harvested around 68,764 deer last year and 24,543 elk.

>the cuck area you live in

Limits need to be imposed so we can ensure a steady population.

>and due to the fact you think pemmican is expensive to make.

Beef is $3-$4 per pound, add the fat, nuts, and fruit on top of that and you're looking at $1-$2 per serving. There are cheaper alternatives that provide just as much calories, protein, and saturated fats.
>>
File: image.png (465KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
465KB, 500x441px
>>799999
>>
>>833833
And those other options won't stay good for as long. Pemmican with nuts in it isn't fucking pemmican. First nations people did not put nuts in it because the oils went bad sooner and were no good for long term storage
>>
>>833833
Suet is cheap as fuck, flank steak is cheap as fuck and what you can't pick a few berries?
>>
>>833854
>And those other options won't stay good for as long.

They don't have to, they last long enough.

>First nations people did not put nuts in it

Who cares?

>what you can't pick a few berries?

Not in my area, no. They'd have to be purchased.
>>
>>833799
Cook at a lower temp and keep things constantly moving in the pot
>>
>>797227
In what way is it trash, pls enlighten us
>>
>>797766
Can confirm

t. Rat
>>
>>801979
>trans fats

Ehh no they dont. Post the nutrition facts and ingredients list

t. food industry chemist
>>
>>833799
>>833877
And before you ask this is how you can lower the temperature depending on how you burn:
>wood fire
Less wood/ place further from flame/embers
>gas stove
Turn down to a lower setting or if it's as low as it goes then further from flame
>whatever those tablets are called
If you guessed further from flame then you are correct
>alcohol stove
Simmer ring

Just know that distancing from the heart source to control cooking temp is sketchy and I'd recommend another method but it works. Really keeping the food moving so none is ever on the edges for too long
>>
>>833417
That's what I figured.

> t. American who is waking up to the fact that we are not really free at all

And I don't know who peps is, sorry anon, just a funny picture I found somewhere and downloaded into my collection
>>
>>801979
>>833884

Yeah, going from memory here but I could have sworn that the only ingredient in Idahoan instant mashed was (dehydrated) potatoes
>>
>>825164
Carry out your trash you shitbag.
>>
>>799558
It's about a cup.
>>
>>832187
How much money do you make being a paid shill and how can I get into this game? Seriously asking. Do I just go into the careers section on the website and straight up say I want to be a paid shill?

Pls contact me. [email protected]
>>
>>832187
>soy
>no cholesterol
Enjoy your estrogen faggot.
>>
Any recommendations on recipes for making your own whole grain hardtack or other longer term and dense bread? I grind my own flour so I'm pretty set in that regard.
>>
>>835180
>add flour, water, and a dash of salt
>mix into dough
>cut into squares
>bake until dry
>>
>>824999

Pack them out or make Alton Brown's tarts.
>>
>>832187
>0.05 has been deposited to your account.
>>
File: 20160813_153121.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_153121.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>796550
xxl steak grilled stuffed burrito with three fire sauce packets and a medium mountain dew
>>
>>836158
Nice sausage fingers matey
>>
File: 20160813_203329.jpg (3MB, 1977x3087px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_203329.jpg
3MB, 1977x3087px
>>836244
You like fingers m8
>>
>>796550
>not killing rattlesnakes and eating them on your /out/
>not fighting squirells for their nuts.
>not tracking mountain lions after their kills and raiding their cache for bones to gnaw on.

What the fuck do you guys do when you /out/?
Walk up a mountain then sip jagermeister around a propane burner and call it "a fire"?
>>
>>836406
Rattlesnake is pretty good, but you will always end up picking ribs out of the meat as you eat it
>>
>>805622
So, explain to me what exactly you have against "processed" food.

Define "processed," give an example, and tell me what you have against it.
>>
>>797710
>>800568
Labu vakar, kaut vai pakar, kungi.
>>
>>836372
Only if it's tickling my prostate :^)
>>836459
Snakes are probably delicious but I have an irrational childhood fear of them. I'd eat one of I was starving are a plane crash if I could kill one without it killing me.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.