[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home made MRE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: mre-diy-double.jpg (90KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
mre-diy-double.jpg
90KB, 576x432px
What's in your home made MRE's that you take /out/ with you? I'm gonna put a few together and just wanted some input and ideas.

Pic is not mine just for attention.
>>
File: MRE.jpg (5KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
MRE.jpg
5KB, 216x233px
Bigfoot jizz
>>
>>817067
Some variety of:
Breakfast, Couple of muesli bars. Coffee sachet, sugar sachets.
Lunch, Instant soup, coffee and sugar, packet of crackers and cheese.
Dinner, MRE entree or local supermarket version (retort pouch of stew/thai curry/whatever with rice or instant mashed potato). Fruit jerky, tea bag and sugar. Chocolate.

Usually have paper napkin, packet of powdered soft drink, sachet of salt and pepper etc.

One of them always has extras like mints, tube of condensed milk, curry powder etc. Open that one first and use those things with the others.
>>
>>817067
>vacum packing already packaged foods

I hope you are storing those in your bomb shelter for 20 years. because otherwise that is fucking retarded.
>>
>>817079
Yeah, after all removing air doesn't make them less bulky.
>>
>>817272
kek
>>
>>817272
1 cubic foot of air at standard temperature and pressure assuming average composition weighs approximately 0.0807 lbs.

Mothafuckin' SCIENCE, bitch!
>>
>>817292
if you know anything about science you would know that doesn't help you in atmosphere.
vacuum packed and air filled will tip the scales at the same number. simply because the dispensed air weight equals the contained.
>>
>>817300
>dispensed
*displaced sorry
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2549x1781px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2549x1781px
>>817067
That's a lot of trash for those meals. I hope you are going to be eating near a river.
>>
If I'm travelling alone (hunting, fishing, etc), I usually brought some canned food(usually beef and beans) hardtacks, candy bars and hard candies as well as instant coffee.

I also brought table salt and tobasco sauce just in case I catch something in the wild

Travelling in a group would givd me greater flexibility tho. I could carry with me a dutch oven, flour and other goods and spices and spread it between the member of the group
>>
File: nochillfam.jpg (3KB, 86x24px) Image search: [Google]
nochillfam.jpg
3KB, 86x24px
>>817069
nice
>>
>>817067
isnt MRE stand for meal ready to eat? are you eating that ramen as is with no boiling? or are you just using the term for a prepared meal you bring with you.
>>
>>817664
Not my pic. Just trying to get ideas from people so when I do make some I can have some kind of plan or something
>>
I was actually just thinking about making some well rounded cheap MREs. Has anyone tried this stuff? It looks like typical MRE entree bullshit, and you can get it super cheap when it goes on sale.
>>
I just call it "backpacking food." Snacks are trail mix, crackers, poptarts. Dinner might be ramen and summer sausage.
>>
>>817791
I was literally just looking at those online ha. They seem pretty well rounded. 240 calories or so in most of them. Along with all the other stuff you throw in it should be pretty sufficient. Really high in sodium but if you're on the trail or working outside or whatever and are drinking plenty of water it should be okay
>>
>>817860
Yeah I've eaten a few just for a quick lunch at work. They're pretty good especially with some type of hot sauce
>>
>>817300
Sorry I was just trying to be funny...
>>
>>817664
>isnt MRE stand for meal ready to eat?
basically it's prepareable without a stove which comes in fucking handy when you have to eat shit and piss in a moving car for days.

if you go camping and nobody is shooting at you there is hardly any reason to even consider mres there are plenty of dehydrated foods that only need boiling water to be added and way cheaper too.
>>
Cans of chili and beans

Thats about the extent of what i take for food while /out/. Maybe a couple potatoes (canned, of course)
>>
>>817069
more like 3 lies in 1
>>
>>818719
>you have to eat shit and piss
This is a perfect example of why commas are important.
>>
>>817316
But trash just disappears
>>
>>819121
My point being trash disappears faster if you throw it in the river.
>>
>>819099
Join the army they said. It'll be an adventure
they said
>>
File: cute.jpg (100KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
100KB, 640x960px
>>819123
>filename
>>
>>819128
Furfags should be thrown in the river just like trash?
>>
>>818811
I hope you bury them. It's good for the soil and they break down quickly.

Be a man and bury the can!
>>
File: 1465764154407.gif (42KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1465764154407.gif
42KB, 112x112px
>>817810
I got your summer sausage right here, anon
>>
>>817860
Somebody was offering samples and coupons for those at my last cross country meet, the sodium is there to replace that lost through sweat. Also, they're good but not worth the price to me
>>
you should think about adding a few multivitamins to those if you havent already.
>>
>>819133
>outdoor petrol stove
Yes. Along with the bronies and weeaboo faggots.
>>
File: canadian-t-shirt.png (166KB, 792x719px) Image search: [Google]
canadian-t-shirt.png
166KB, 792x719px
>>817926
well sorry, i didn't realize that anon...

...are we canadians now?
>>
>>817791

99 cent not to bad for these i got 5 for my trip in aug
>>
>>817791
>>820935
99cents? where at? My walmart has them for 1.99
>>
>>821364
check out 99 cent stores
>>
beef jerky, potatoes, can of chili, m&m's, apples because why the f not
>>
>>817316
I was thinking that its Ganges, but there are no dead bodies on this pic.
>>
Beef jerky and hardtack.
>>
>>821969
You would die trying to live on that.
>>
someone from /b/ told me to come here
>>
I don't really take "MRES" at all.

- Trail mix consisting of: almonds, raisins, peanuts, banana chips
-Jar of peanut butter
-Bagels
-4 cliff bars
-2 Sticks of pepperoni
-4 Tuna packets
-Rice
-Flavored oatmeal packets (double the serving, spring trail mix into it while heating)
2-3 mountain house meals (for flavor and convenience, a treat)

The above will easily last a week, is not that expensive, and very satisfying. I personally had cinnamon raisin bagels with chunky peanut butter and a couple chunks of pepperoni for lunch about 4 days in a row and I fucking loved it.
>>
>>817067
What about just vitamin supplements and very high-calorie food?
>>
File: image.png (152KB, 325x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
152KB, 325x366px
>>817791
This one isn't bad.
>>
File: 1461169032512.png (69KB, 307x286px) Image search: [Google]
1461169032512.png
69KB, 307x286px
>>817272
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.