[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunpla/Plamo General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 403
Thread images: 102

File: gpgnyaanta.png (938KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
gpgnyaanta.png
938KB, 1600x1067px
***READ THE GUIDE***

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Tr8UyF2Xg5Ojqw0sxcO7oIG7IIsJPes3lMO5pHZKu5o

***READ THE GUIDE***

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions, as there is a chance it has already been answered there.
For those unfamiliar, "plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model". If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here!
If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!
>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post pictures whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting pictures.

>Links
A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20-By-Step
Kawaguchi Gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
Gundam Lineart:
http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/MenuBar1
https://gundma.imgur.com/
Another gunpla guide:
http://funakatown.com/images/Building_Gunpla_Final.pdf

September Restock: http://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/nouhin.pdf (untranslated)

>IRC Channel
>Server
Rizon
>Channel
#gunpla

Old Thread >>14730199
>>
== ACE PILOT GROUP BUILD ==

Starting September 1st, you have two months to build, customize, and paint a mobile suit of your choice into your own personal design. This can range from just a repainted Zaku to a kitbashed Gundam loaded with any spare rifles and Rocket Launchers you can find. Any suit from any series is fair game, just stick to 1/144 kits and you're good. When you're done feel free to post it in the thread, but also send pics to [email protected] so that all the entries can be judged/posted at once when the group build is over (If you don't want to be judged for the contest just feel free to mention it when you send in your pics).

Prizes include:
>1st Place: Any HG kit under $25 + an Action Base 2
>2nd Place: Any HG kit under $15
>3rd Place: An Action Base 2
(Note: Shipping is to USA and Canada only)

Group build ends on October 31st, get building!
>>
Just when there's a new thread...

>>14735767
>clutter up the rules
My workflow usually goes "See what's cool, and streamline from there", sorry

>Measured from the end of the barrel
That's not it, I'm talking about generalizing weapons into basic groups: i.e. Automatic Rifle or Two-Handed (Blade) or Shield, and each basic group has a special property, then expanding from there.

Ex.
>Automatic Rifles fire in 3 round bursts (so 3dwhatever)

>Two Handed (Blade) can do Slice Damage to limbs faster than One Handed (Blade) but miss more often. Slice Damage guarantees more hits than Crush Damage, but when a limb is Sliced, it can still be repaired (maybe by using a repair bot like in GBF Try?)

>Shields can do Crush Damage and lessen damage, especially vs weapons with the Beam Modifier. Crush Damage misses more, but deals more damage per hit, and when limbs are Crushed, they can't be repaired.

In addition, one can add the Beam Modifier to certain weapons, so it does more damage against unshielded opponents, but less damage with shielded ones.

I admit it's pretty cluttered but that's what I got so far.

>couple Models, a handful of D6s, and a meter stick
Might I suggest via inches, then? 3 inches for Close Range, 6 for Medium, and 9-12 for Long?

Metric equivalents would be 8cm, 16cm, and 24-30cm, respectively.
>>
>>14735822
>That's not it, I'm talking about generalizing weapons into basic groups: i.e. Automatic Rifle or Two-Handed (Blade) or Shield, and each basic group has a special property, then expanding from there.
Ok, I see what you're saying now.
And eh, the reason I'm not doing that is to allow the model builder the freedom to stat their own creations.

>Might I suggest via inches, then? 3 inches for Close Range, 6 for Medium, and 9-12 for Long?
>Metric equivalents would be 8cm, 16cm, and 24-30cm, respectively.
Yeah, that's what I'm stuck on...
How I'd do it is that each unit of measurement would equal one unit of "Movement Distance," the increments in which the models themselves are moved.

Thing is, do I do it in centimeters and decimeters, which feels a lot more congruent with Gunpla, or imperial inches, which Americans like myself are use to but seem a bit too large for things like High Grades.
>>
>>14735846
>do I do it in etc.
Centimeters seems more fitting, I think.
>>
Thread off to a great start already.
>>
File: CsX6omsVYAAu_dg.jpg (357KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CsX6omsVYAAu_dg.jpg
357KB, 1536x2048px
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/BuildFightSystem
http://www.ironhands.com/MSera.htm
Just cannibalize bits of these and refine the result.
>>
>>14735862
>Centimeters seems more fitting, I think.
Yeah, I think so as well, far more granular in application and better fitting for things like 1/144 scale...
The next question is whether or not to use decimeters as the Range/Movement unit, as well as how quickly Tracking Penalties start piling up beyond a Weapons' Effective Range.

I also am thinking that the length in centimeters determines the total amount of Modifiers the Weapon gets for Damage and/or Tracking, as well as Ballistic Weapons getting double the points to spend between the two to make up for the hard cap they'd have on the number of Plavsky Dices that could be added to their Damage.
>>
File: file.png (97KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
97KB, 259x194px
>>14735953
>length in centimeters determines the total amount of Modifiers the Weapon
I don't know about that, if that's the case then there is literally nothing stopping someone from doing pic related.
>>
>>14735994
>I don't know about that, if that's the case then there is literally nothing stopping someone from doing pic related.
Eh, I think that would actually be prefered over super mega-totally-not-compensating-for-something cannons.
After all, half of those are Hand Guns, so they'd have far shorter effective range, and each would need at least one Plavsky Die to Attack with.
While he might outright destroy a mobile suit up close, those five guns would eat up half of the Ten Plavsky Dice I'm thinking about making the standard pool, so they might outright miss half their shots AND THEN be stuck a sitting duck for a counter attack.
>>
>>14736027
>Ten Plavsky Dice
Hm, so your system is like King of Tokyo, I assume: roll x amount of dice, allowed 1 reroll of up to x/2 dice per turn.
>>
>>14735658
>The fuck. Just release Zeta Revive already.
>>
>>14735822
>>14735846
>>14735953
>>14736027

Why don't you faggots just use MercCommand's Build Fighter Quest (that was run on /tg/) as your basis?

He was successful, so give it a chance.
>>
>>14736033
>Hm, so your system is like King of Tokyo, I assume: roll x amount of dice, allowed 1 reroll of up to x/2 dice per turn.
No, more that you divide your dice amongst your Attributes and any Ranged Weapon Attacks that your making, then roll as appropriate during your turn or afterwords.

So say I put Two dice into Evasiveness and Three into Defense.
Any time I'm targeted by a Ranged Attack until my next turn, I roll those two dice and add any relative modifiers from my MS while my opponent rolls however many Dice they put into Tracking and add or subtract any modifiers their Suit has.
If he has the higher value, he "Hit" me, and now I roll my three Defense dice and add any modifiers while he rolls the dices he committed to that Attack as well as adding his Weapons Damage Modifier.
Again, if he gets the Higher number, my suit takes damage, either loosing a Defensive item or a whole limb of my Suit.

If a third party attacks me again before my next turn, I'd re-roll the same two Evasiveness and Three Defensive Dice and use any updated modifiers.

When it's my turn again, I can re-allocate my ten dice again between any of my Five Attributes or Potential Attacks, rolling any I put into Mobility, Physical Power, Tracking, or on an Attack.
>>
>>14736147
>divide your dice amongst your Attributes and any Ranged Weapon Attacks that your making, then roll as appropriate during your turn or afterwords.

Interesting, especially the simultaneous rolls. Gives it an X-Wing feel. I assume then that Melee Weapons work in a similar manner? Is there a distinction between beam weapons and regular steel?
>>
>>14735803
Shia became so thirsty
>>
File: gundambarbatoslupus.jpg (398KB, 949x1133px) Image search: [Google]
gundambarbatoslupus.jpg
398KB, 949x1133px
When did Bandai start to care about english speaking customers? Also, when did they learn proper english? (This is a huge step up from the stuff usually written on RG boxes.)
Is it because IBO has a strong audience or good Gunpla sales in the west?

>pic related
>>
>>14736300
Wasnt this just translated by a third party on some blog, or is this the official image by Bandai?
>>
>>14736300
>>14736304
No they are officially translated. Also, the english inserts are coming back (they are already inside the Dragon Ball Figure-rise Standard Kits)

http://imgur.com/a/EnJFH
>>
>>14736315
The Engrish is adorable
>>
File: 1473948704623.jpg (906KB, 1959x2612px) Image search: [Google]
1473948704623.jpg
906KB, 1959x2612px
So where's the 3ft tall M.S.G. Humongous Arms for the Gigantic Arms to ride in?
>>
Howdy /m/, we're now one quarter of the way through the group build. Still plenty of time to finish your kit, but I'm interested in how things are progressing for you guys. Have you figured out a paintscheme yet? Are you waiting on your base kits to come in the mail before you can start?
>>
File: 20160907_002808-1600x1331.jpg (441KB, 1600x1331px) Image search: [Google]
20160907_002808-1600x1331.jpg
441KB, 1600x1331px
>>14736332
The build itself is about 90% complete. I kept it relatively simple and the colorscheme is going to be whote and darker green so not much different than it is now.

Should be ready for paint next week.
>>
>>14736315
How hard did the IBO Hi Resolution line fail?
>>
>>14736402
As hard as the similar diecast Robot damashii line by the sound of it.
>>
>>14736402
>>14736413

That sucks because it seems like the Hi-Res Barbatos was actually good.
>>
>>14736421
I guess people didn't want to pay $100+ for a skinny 1/100 that didn't include the signature weapon.
>>
Does anyone else who has the MG Zeta 2.0 have issues with the feet bearing the weight and the hands actually maintaing grip on weapons?
>>
>>14736427
I guess the main problem was having a weird model/ figure hybrid that was smaller and more expensive than a PG. I like that they are still trýing new things, but the Hi Res Barbatos lacks the building experience I love Gunpla for.
>>
>Not-so local B&N has a MG DX for $24.99
>Plan out trip to get it
>Check before leaving, out of stock
>No other B&N in the area carry the DX anymore

God damn it.
>>
>>14736583

Your mistake was planning. Of course it'd be snatched up.
>>
>>14736589
I had to plan because the place is an hour's drive away and at peak rush hour (which is like all the time around here) the trip would've taken five times as long. Plus unrelated irl shit got in the way.

Oh well.
>>
>>14736300
>When did Bandai start to care about english speaking customers

MALfags have ejaculated all over the comments in the IBO episodes on Youtube, that's why.
>>
>>14735865
Whats that one on the left?
>>
Is there any chance of another MG being released this year?

I doubt the line is dead, Bandai just wants us to buy the 1/100 Barbatos kits.
>>
File: 1457998998759.jpg (186KB, 801x530px) Image search: [Google]
1457998998759.jpg
186KB, 801x530px
>>14736752
Maybe something from Honooland?

>>14736583
>Find B&N gift card for 25 dollars
>oh baby
>every MG I want is sold out or I already have it
>>
>>14736752
Hot Scramble Gundam
Mod version of Scramble Gundam by 3rd Meijin in GBF-AR.
>>
>>14736332
I'm waiting for some paint and money before I get started. Just trying to finalize the colorscheme in the meanwhile.
>>
>>14736805
>Yuuki takes the shitty Scramble and makes it into something worth looking at.
Fuck Nils, for building something as interesting as the Sengoku Astray he sure did drop the ball.
>>
>>14736827

Scramble was literally just a testbed model.
>>
>>14736583
Should have purchased it online and have them hold it for you.
>>
>>14736827
It's not exactly the same Scramble from Island Wars. In simple words this is (or the other one is) "the second unit".
>>
>>14736836
$24.99 was the store clearance price though, and I'm guessing they're not gonna restock it. Purchasing it online would've set me back by $70 instead.
>>
File: is this my magical realm.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
is this my magical realm.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
>>14737023
was this article written just for me to fap to at this very moment?
>>
File: godhandchan.jpg (168KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
godhandchan.jpg
168KB, 1500x1500px
Are god hands/other premium nippers worth it? I just got my first PG (titans mark 2) And was thinking about getting a pair of god hands also.
>>
So I want to get The HG Gundam unicorn and banshee's how can I maximize Getting all of them with Minimal Duplicates in kits? Like I get that the Unicorn modes with be pretty much the same Model but I Like the Design as it seems like a genuinely Unique gundam for once
>>
>>14737163

They are good, but not 70-80 dollars good like scalpers sell them for.

No matter what anyone tells you about all nippers being the same, it's not true. There is a big difference between 10-20 dollar nippers and 30 dollar nippers like the Tamiya ones. They cut far cleaner, stay sharper for longer, and are extremely easy to work with and well designed while everything else is too large or the handles overextend.

I would pay up to 40 vucks for God Hands.
>>
File: 1395461955154.gif (236KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1395461955154.gif
236KB, 500x375px
>>14737163
Why not just emulate it? Would keep you from buying an old copy that may or may not be scratched up. Don't know why you'd want a pair of God Hands though, but hey, if you really like it then buy more copies.
>>
>>14737182
what
>>
>>14737182
different God Hand
>>
File: GodHand_PS2Box_USfinal.jpg (188KB, 650x917px) Image search: [Google]
GodHand_PS2Box_USfinal.jpg
188KB, 650x917px
>>14737185
>>
Finished my first ever gunpla and it mostly went smoothly except my one major fuckup was accidentally cutting off a little peg that was needed to attach another piece, so I had to super glue two tiny pieces together, and being a clumsy fuck I got glue on my fingers and got a Gundam arm bonded to my thumb, so I had to soak my fingers along with the piece in nail polish remover to get it off

It mostly came out fine at the end, the only aftereffect is that one of the elbows looks shitty because it got covered in glue, it still moves and poses just fine though; I think if ever end up having to use glue on tiny parts again I'm going to use a toothpick to apply it or something because applying it directly from the tube was a disaster

Can't wait to do this more and find even better ways to fuck something up
>>
>>14737187
oh
>>
>>14737188
I've herd using nail polish remover makes gunpla either really weak or more flamible
>>
>>14737194
Well I don't intend to crush my figure or set it on fire so it should be fine, and I didn't really have any other way to get the glue off without just tearing my skin off and leaving it on the mech
>>
>buy 2 g bouncer
>tempted to buy nobel and reserve berserk nobel
should i do the latter /m/
>>
>>14737196
what glue was it I use model glue and when it happened to my zaku one I just ran warm water and had no issues also the glue I bought comes with a brush you shouldn't need to apply it by hand.
>>
>>14737203
All I had on hand was a vial of full strength super glue, in hindsight it probably wasn't the best thing to use anyway but this was kind of my practice kit before I get the kit I actually care about fucking up with so I just went with it

I severely underestimated how much glue was in one drop from the vial's dropper, it was way too much for the tiny elbow pieces I was working with
>>
>>14737208
Oh ya my first kit was built with gorilla glue because I didn't know model glue was a thing Older kit? I used the zeong test zaku as my first one. The Highgrades they make now don't need nearly as much glue if at all and what I use my glue for now is closing seem lines
>>
File: 'markers'.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
'markers'.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
Had anyone used these markers before? If so, how the hell do they work?
>>
>>14737223
you take the cap off and apply it to the part or you could probably depress the tip into a little cup to hand paint it on
>>
File: 20160915_185235[1].jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_185235[1].jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>14737215
It was this, I haven't even watched IBO (and probably won't bother if /m/ is to be believed about its quality) but it was a pretty cheap HG and I like its design way more than the RX-78-2

I'm actually way more into SRW than Gundam so I'm going to be mostly buying Kotobukiya SRW OG kits next, I just wanted something to practice with so I'm a little bit less likely to fuck up and ruin my Galilnagant when it arrives

I wouldn't have needed the glue at all if not for my fuckup with cutting a peg off, and if you look at the left elbow you can see the discoloration resulting from there being a layer of super glue over that piece, but I don't mind too much because I half expected to make a mistake like this, that's why I bought a cheap practice one in the first place, so I'm still happy with it
>>
>>14737163
No,
Just get a cheap pair of wire cutters, and a metal file set to grind the nubs.
>>
>>14737223

You can use them directly to paint small details. But the recommended way is to squeeze the paint out onto a dish, thin that, and brush it, because out of the marker it comes out very thick and hard to control.
>>
File: 20160915_184955.jpg (419KB, 1128x1656px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_184955.jpg
419KB, 1128x1656px
I attached a spare beam saber/beam saber holder from an Adele in place of the combat knife it comes with and gave it a different gun.

I wanted to paint the whole thing but then when I opened the box I really liked the dark olive tan it comes in.

Also the worst part of this kit is probably how it has a tank turret as part of the design but due to Gourai's huge anime girl head it has no range of motion unless you put it on the shoulder.
>>
>>14737230
I havent gotton into ibo yet I want to complete my UC collection first that may never happen however, if it needs to be black to look better I would suggest a flat black to cover it black kinda rumors alot of details at times
>>
>>14737244
Are the head compatible with Gunplas?
>>
File: 20160914_213827[1].jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160914_213827[1].jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>14737230
use your own judgement on what to watch man I thought it was interested but its not really my thing.

Looks better then anything i've built So far. Also let me tell you about braking limbs... And poorly painting...
>>
>>14737279
Anon those are dangerous ideas you're playing with
>>
>>14737279

No, the head connects using a different system where there is a very thin version of the Gundam neck polycap that I think is smaller than the one for gunpla. That goes into the torso and then you stick a larger neck cone over it which connects to the head.

Also the balljoints for gunpla are bigger than those for FAGs so if you want to put anything with balljoints on it you need to shave down the ball.

Also it comes with five pairs of PVC hands, I think they're from figmas or something, and their compatibility with gunpla weapons is kinda iffy.
>>
Heading to a few Hobbytown, USAs on Monday and some Jap store that carries gunpla. Gonna be on the look out for an RG or two to pick up.
What are some good ones?
Thinking of grabbing a Mk. II Titans Colors
>>
>>14737301
Fuck yeah, dude. I have the RG Mk-II and its great.
>>
What do you guys thing are some 'Must Have' MG's?
>>
>>14737301
Mk.II and 00 Riser are generally known to be the most stable ones.
Although if you want a Riser, you get that shit Trans Am.
>>
>>14737301
do you really need anything besides what you just listed though...
>>
>>14737230
/m/ shits on everything that isn't 0079 or War in the Pocket when it comes to Gundam. Use your own judgement.
>>
>>14736172
>Interesting, especially the simultaneous rolls. Gives it an X-Wing feel. I assume then that Melee Weapons work in a similar manner? Is there a distinction between beam weapons and regular steel?
Well Melee has the quirk of not using Evasiveness vs Tracking, instead, a Melee Weapon has to make Physical Contact with the Target Model.
Melee gets it's Plavsky Die from the Physical Power Attribute, but a Weapons Damage Modifiers is where things get interesting:
Melee Weapons your "standard" Beam Sword length and longer get a flat Bonus to Damage for each additional centimeter, but weapons SHORTER than that get Damage MULTIPLIERS for each centimeter/set of centimeters taken off.
So say you've got a Boxing Bot like the Baxter Gundam, I'm thinking his Fist would do something like 4 or 5x whatever he rolls for Psychical Power, BUT his has to touch said Fist to his opponent first and if they have Shields or other Defensive add-ons, said opponent could sacrifice them to take the hit instead.

Now, the difference between "Beam" or "Physical" Weapons kinda flips depending on whether it's a Ranged or Melee Weapon.

I'm thinking "Physical Projectile" Ranged Weapons have a Hard Cap of two Plavsky Dice that you can spend on their Attack, but in exchange the total Modifiers for Damage and/or Tracking they get based on length in centimeters is multiplied by two or maybe even three.
So, a five Centimeter lead-firing weapon gets 10 or 15 points that the player will decide at the start of the Match to divvy between a Damage and/or a Tracking Bonus to Ranged Attacks made with that weapon.
So, using the 3x example, the gun could be statted a +15 Damage, +0 Tracking Battle Rifle; a +0 Damage, +15 Tracking Machine Gun (or Sniper Rifle, since the Tracking Bonus would negate the Tracking Penalties for firing beyond Effective Range); or anything in between.
>>
>>14737244

>EXAM
>>
>>14737319
Well I've tried getting into Gundam multiple times and the only one I actually liked was G Gundam, if that says anything about my tastes

Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime anyway
>>
>>14737330

IBO really is quite bad. It commits the worst sin of all, which is being boring as fuck.
>>
>>14737310
Whatever ones you like best. A list of "must-haves" is retarded because if someone doesn't like the suit they're not gonna be as inclined to build it, just because it has good engineering.

Buy stuff you like. Don't buy stuff you don't. it's that simple.
>>
>>14737337
Yeah, thinking on it, it does sound retarded, i'm honestly just stuck on what to buy really, finished all my current ones and cant decide what to buy
>>
>>14737365

Why don't you buy an HG Doven Wolf?
That thing is an experience.
>>
>>14737325

"Beam Firing" Weapons, on the other hand, don't get to multiply their Length based Bonus, instead just getting the flat number to work with, but they also don't have a Plavsky Dice Cap.
This allows them to "over power" enemy Armor Add-ons and Defensive Dice by spending their Plavsky Dice to eliminate them, sacrificing Total Damage for Penetration Power instead.

Of course, this sorta technically makes any sort of "Rail Gun" style weapon a Beam...

In Melee... It's sort of the opposite...

"Beam" type Melee Weapons can spend Physical Power Plavsky Dice to "extend" their length by their Modifer, essentially sacrificing some of their Damage (calculated using the original length) for extra Reach.

"Physical" Melee Weapons are now the ones able to "burn" Physical Power Plavsky Dice in order to destroy enemy Armor Add-ons and negate their Defensive Plavsky Dice, not being as adaptable when it comes to Reach, but making up for it with Armor Penetration.
>>
>>14737370
Looking at it, it looks like a pretty fun build, would you recommend the Unicorn version or the ZZ version?
>>
>>14737383

Personally I prefer the colors of the ZZ one.
>>
>>14737385
Cool, might get both, I do have a bit more money on me right about now, and they're quite cheap
>>
>>14737383
get a silver bullet
>>
Well lads, I finally did it. I broke a gunpla iece in construction. The barrel to the HG Throne Eins had snapped right by one of the pegs to connect it to the rest of the gun. This never happened to me before and it's obvious the model won't function as intended like this. Should some plastic cement do the job? I'd have to run out for it tomorrow, so if there's anything specific I should do/get, let me know.
>>
>want more Gunpla but no budget
Real talk, has anyone here ever sucked dick for Gunpla?
>>
>>14737513
get a job
>>
>>14737515
>he thinks having a job means you have enough money to buy all the Gunpla you could ever want
Real world doesn't work like that pal, although I'm sure all of your income is disposable since you still live with your parent(s.)
>>
>>14737520
>didn't get a career in any STEM field
>probably pushes carts for Walmart or flips burgers for McDonalds 'for a living'
>>
>>14737529
>STEM meme
Every single time.
>>
>>14737529
>>14737536
Contracting is a pretty awesome job, man

Just do what you love and you'll get money as long as you aren't stupid when making friends in the buisness

Unless you went into art, then you're fucked and poor forever
>>
>>14737520
>working at or near minimum wage?
dude shut the fuck up, even mastergrades are fucking pocket mone in the real world.
>>
File: 20160915_220610.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_220610.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Had some fun making this guy over the past week
>>
>>14737547
whoops, *money
>>
File: 20160915_210424-1.jpg (2MB, 1836x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_210424-1.jpg
2MB, 1836x1836px
Post WIPs and stop having a dick measuring contest about jobs. This is a hobby thread, leave work at work.
>>
>>14737556
gonna start my rg sinanju after work even though i dont have a stand for it
>>
>>14737556
ive got my ver ka sazabi sitting in hlj, cant wait to start him
>>
>>14737467
g-guys please, things I'm looking up tell me this should work fine, but I'd like to know for sure.
>>
>>14737467
yes the cement shluld wprk fine aslong as youre not libral with it.
>>
>>14737546
But what if I took up multimedia arts, like advertising and website design?
>>
>>14737594
>>14737584
Yeah cement is fine for parts that you aren't supporting weight, just be careful with that part in the future
>>
>>14736332
Shieeet I forgot that was a thing. I should make one.
>>
>>14737603
You're gonna get fucked out of work by cheap indians.
>>
>>14737552
Not a bad build man
>>
I need some help on panel lining. I'm using gundam markers and when I wipe up the excess with a damp hobby sponge but I can't get it entirely off. I've tried water and paint thinner but the white just looks slightly grey now. Any tips besides don't mess up?
>>
I need help panel lining. I'm using gundam markers and Im wiping up the excess with a damp hobby sponge. When I wipe up the excess even though most of it comes off it still looks a little grey underneath and. Can't seem to get rid of it. Any advice besides don't fuck up. I've tried some thinner that I have and more water but no luck.
>>
>>14737689
Uh...use cotton swabs? Swirl them on it and it should work. Worst comes to worst you have to lightly sand the piece.
>>
File: dasitmane.png (354KB, 481x485px) Image search: [Google]
dasitmane.png
354KB, 481x485px
>>14737556
>>
>>14736332
Build's going slowly. I have a rough idea of the paint scheme, but so far I'm just putting parts together and sanding.
>>
File: 20160915_222151.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_222151.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
So guys how did i do? No paint cause its waaaay too humid where i live but still
>>
File: 20160915_222407.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_222407.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>14737822
Heres a better image
>>
>>14736332
Fuck me, I'm still undecided as to what would bash well with a Gundam Leopard Da Vinci.
Going for a Gasaraki/Desert Shock+Awe kind of theme. Any ideas, anyone?
>>
>>14737552
I also just built this. Do you also find that the blue piece holding the shield up doesn't like to stay firmly in the grey arm coming out the back?
>>
>>14737301
>>14737311
>>14737313
Thanks for the heads up, guys!
Glad to know I have good taste.
>>
>>14737831
It's impossible to see any details with an image that fuzzy.
>>
>>14736332
Finishing up snapfitting the third kit I need for kitbashing, then after that is painting. Really hope I meet the deadline.
>>
File: 20160915_224010.jpg (2MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_224010.jpg
2MB, 3984x2988px
>>14737868
This one any better my phones camera is kinda shit
>>
>>14737700
don't fuck up
>>
File: 1472308811855.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472308811855.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Hello!

I've been building Gunpla kits for about a year now and have built a fair share of HGs, MGs, and a shit ton of RGs, but they have mostly been Gundam-type MS.
I want to try building a Titans/Zeon/antagonist suit or a feddie suit along the lines of the Jesta Cannon preferably under $30. I mostly do straight builds with flat coat and panel lines/decals but I have become interested possibly starting to paint.

was wondering if /m/ had any suggestions on a good kit, i've been curious about the Origin Char's Zaku but i'm open to suggestions
>>
>>14737887

this site is for 18+ dude
>>
>>14737280
Is..Is that HG Char's Z'gok?
How did that happen?
>>
>>14737910
Origin Zaku 1
HG Jesta
Revive Guncannon
>>
>>14737945

I think i understand this handgrenades thing now.

people drop them on the floor and the parts go everywhere.
>>
>>14737910
The various HG Sleeves kits make for good hand painting/detailwork practice.
>>
>>14737910
Gelgoog Cannon is an oldie but great in terms of looks and gives optional parts for when you kitbash. Not the best articulation.
Dom suits are impressive for their bulk, and the MSG Dom/Rick Dom from around 2006-ish is pretty flexible for its time. Origin Dom is detailed and movesto ludicrous degrees but I personally don't like the slimmer waist.

I can't tell what you meant by "like a Jesta Cannon" unless you mean a high spec ace grunt or just like cannons.
>>
File: 1467998820895.webm (162KB, 466x394px) Image search: [Google]
1467998820895.webm
162KB, 466x394px
>People have a smartphone made in the last 5 years
>Blame bad pictures on haveing a bad phone camera
>>
>>14737973
More like handle them and the parts go everywhere.
RIP in peace, Char's Zaku's horn.
>>
>>14737831
>Hrairoo

My man.
>>
Anyone here have the Astaroth, how is it?
>>
>>14737945
So basicly I go to a hobby shop its a train hobby shop owner is old guy try to explain gunpla. "Damn Kids and their rap music." Look says he will attempt to talk to his suppliers maybe order me some kits tells me If he buys more then 600$ of items he gets free shipping. I tell him I will likely never have that large of orders. Read guide need primer. Search shop buy paint wait need thinner buy some of that.

"Do you have primer?" "Flats are usually good primers they work well on my trains." OK buy flat grey flat black flat white Testers brand testors brand everyware.

Alright I want to paint this fucker Federation better primer it White So I can paint blue and such like Gundam VS Zeon.

White fails ok I can salvage this Just try grey and I will use black on the legs and arms. Black works great I'm happy getting excited leg snaps.

OK I SAVE THIS PLASTIC CEMENT EVERY-WARE. Let dry days weeks month... Finally deside you know I fucked that kit up horribly better resemble it and take a picture maybe have /m/ come here to laugh at me moment. Break arm resign in defeat at my ham fingers deside to look up magnet tutorials on youtube get rid of shitty plastic braking part and use putty and magnets. Realize I still don't have primer... whelp I'm never taking this kit out again... oh and the leg broke again right after ham figered the arm into shattered plastic
>>
File: what.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>14738080
>>
>>14738080

what you've just done is equivalent to going to take a shower in a prison, pulling down your pants and spreading your butthole open for all the inmates to see
>>
>>14738090
I am not a cleaver man.
>>
>>14738092

while saying fuck me daddy
>>
>>14737223
The solvent in those markers eats bare plastic. You need a fully cured barrier coat before using them on your kit.
>>
>>14738101

i will bet you anything thats not true
>>
>>14738067
It's pretty sturdy, arm may or may not droop with the xbox hueg sword.
>>
>>14738093
>I am not a cleaver man
I'd hope not, I imagine you'd damage your kit trying to remove nubs that way.
>>
>>14738107
ya My GM already suffered that fate... On the plus side I wasn't the one that Made the ZGock a friend of mine did and those leg nubs frustrate me as well I will try to sand them I think... Its also why I stopped trying to butcher it with non primer paint Can thinner remove the horror show that is my Zgock or should I just get a new kit?
>>
>>14738104
It isn't, I've been using them for small details for years to no adverse effect.
>>
File: GUNSLINGER.jpg (282KB, 1764x1176px) Image search: [Google]
GUNSLINGER.jpg
282KB, 1764x1176px
>>14737854
Make Da Vinci a Gunslinger.
>>
Kept on forgetting to make the video, but >>14729494 if you're still interested: https://youtu.be/dJCtGd9lqOU
>>
File: parts_rx78.jpg (131KB, 900x550px) Image search: [Google]
parts_rx78.jpg
131KB, 900x550px
>>14737854
>Fuck me, I'm still undecided as to what would bash well with a Gundam Leopard Da Vinci.
The HG Customize Campaign 2016 Weapon Parts.
ALL of them, in Multiples.
NOW YOU WILL KNOW MY PAIN!!!
>>
>>14738302
Fuck that, except for like 2 weapons the 2016 set is disappointing as hell.

Buy that chinese knockoff of the original 2014 set instead.
>>
File: P170616_12.35_[02].jpg (605KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
P170616_12.35_[02].jpg
605KB, 1920x2560px
>>14737990

>Not using a first generation smartphone for pictures
>>
>>14738383

There is?
>>
How is the Full Armor Gundam MG? I haven't done a model in a while and I absolutely adore it. Is it super difficult or unbalanced? How is the HG?
>>
File: agec720.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
agec720.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>14738399

2002 digital camera, its like drifting with a AE86 that teaches a ton about photographing precision
>>
>>14738302
woah that looks like something out of blunderdolt.
>>
File: file.png (79KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
79KB, 225x225px
>tfw too poor to experiment and customize gunpla so I just photoshop HGs
>>
Been planning a ground type Sinanju.
Just like the Sazabi in this version doesn not have the funnels, I think the HUGE backpack thrusters are a bit redundant so might scrap them and also make the tanks smaller. What would you guys suggest putting there instead other than a large gatling gun?
>>
File: parts_h.jpg (325KB, 900x860px) Image search: [Google]
parts_h.jpg
325KB, 900x860px
>>14738383
>Fuck that, except for like 2 weapons the 2016 set is disappointing as hell.
Which ones?

>Buy that chinese knockoff of the original 2014 set instead.
Wait, where can you get these knockoffs?!?!

>>14738701
>What would you guys suggest putting there instead other than a large gatling gun?
...Two large Gatling Guns?
A large Beam Cannon?
>>
>>14738712
Why does Bandai shill the Gyan so hard holy shit
>>
>>14738712
Arm gattlings and jaws of life.

And ebay.
>>
>>14738739
because gyan a best
>>
>>14738739
Because the Gyan became extraordinarily popular after Build Fighters.
>>
>>14738739
It was unexpectedly popular in the first season of BF so they ran with it.
>>
>>14738741
>Arm gattlings and jaws of life.
So B and C?
C I'll give you, since it also comes with Drilling bits, but even with the handle being a Beam Rifle, B is weak.

I mean, D has the same Scissor/Pincer Gimmick...

>And ebay.
Ok, I'm guessing they don't have 2016 out yet then?

>>14738739
>Why does Bandai shill the Gyan so hard holy shit
>>14738744
>Because the Gyan became extraordinarily popular after Build Fighters.
>>14738745
>It was unexpectedly popular in the first season of BF so they ran with it.
Plus it just got a Revive release...
Which kinda sucks, because I hear the HGBC Valuable Pod doesn't work with the Revive Gyan without modification.
>>
Is there a HGUC of the GN Archer
>>
>>14738804

>HGUC
>GN Archer

Gee, I don't know.
>>
>>14738842
Isn't the main line called HGUC with the alternate timelines being spinoffs?
>>
File: IMG_20160916_224915.jpg (363KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160916_224915.jpg
363KB, 720x1280px
>>14738804
Probably. I think. Maybe. Perhaps.
>>
>>14738846
Hg00 is not part of the sort of "main" hg numbering system that started with hguc and expanded into lines like hgce, hgaw, hgcc, etc.

There isn't a hgad line yet either.
>>
>>14738067
I'm not happy with it. Seems pretty garbage, even by the standards you'd expect from it.
>>
So. Update on g-con UK.
1 week to go.
only 1 "artist" confirmed
2 panelists confirmed
build contest will be pay to enter
cosplay contest will be pay to enter
there is a build area, but you need to bring your own tools or buy from them.
You can bring your own kits to sell but they'll take 10%
The band that WAS supposed to play, has been cancelled because the organiser decided that they wouldn't pay them anymore, and still had the gall to tell one of their members that they still had to give a panel talk on resin at their own cost, not even a free ticket.

they're still asking for volunteers this late in the game, despite having over a year to organise stuff.
>>
>>14738919
What a shitshow. It's a shame that it won't end with ball pits like that one brony thing did.
>>
>>14738946
You mean dashcon?
Remember. You get an extra hour in the ball pit if it is your birthday.
>>
If i wanted to make a battlescape with ships and core fighters as well as MS what would the best scale be to work with? Does anyone know what the most universale scale is? I've only made a couple of 1/100 and 1/144 MS so far and would like to branch out while keeping things to scale. Is this possible?
>>
>>14738963
1/144
>>
>>14738919
They were asking for people to basically do commentary for games and stuff, but they don't seem to actually be offering anything for it, when they needed people down at MCM they're were at least giving you something for it. To be honest, from what I've seen around G-Con seems to just be a bit of a shitshow.
>>
Is there some place where I can buy different colored gunpla LED's cheap?
Everywhere I see seems to have them unreasonably expensive
>>
File: CseCqiMUsAIz5mZ.jpg (57KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
CseCqiMUsAIz5mZ.jpg
57KB, 720x480px
>>
File: CseCpW-VIAA70oy.jpg (47KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
CseCpW-VIAA70oy.jpg
47KB, 720x480px
>>14738987
>>
>>14738987
>>14738989
Why would anyone do this?
>>
File: 1445196154029.gif (1MB, 357x195px) Image search: [Google]
1445196154029.gif
1MB, 357x195px
>>14738987
>>14738989
>>
He finally became a gundam
>>
>>14738981
Ebay. Got a set of yellow, blue, green, and red for about $12
>>
>>14739063
Thanks, Ebay's the one place I always forget about regarding this stuff
>>
>>14739003
Why would anyone NOT doing this?
>>
>>14739003
The question is not why, but why not?
>>
File: 20160916_232809-1.jpg (975KB, 2582x1936px) Image search: [Google]
20160916_232809-1.jpg
975KB, 2582x1936px
My Phenex PG just arrived today. My collection is now complete...at least until they put out extra parts for it.
>>
>>14738956
Didn't someone pee in the ballpit?
>>
>>14739174
How much was all of that together? Did you get a full LED set too?
>>
>>14739256
The Unicorn and Banshee were 200+ each. Phenex is Daban and cost 139. Unicorn Full Armor was Daban and cost $40. Banshee Armed Armor was $89 (this is why you don't buy from brick and mortar shops, even if you do support them).

I haven't gotten LEDs yet. If I did, my autism would compel me to get a set for each of them.
>>
File: Gundam Metallic Markers.jpg (53KB, 410x550px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Metallic Markers.jpg
53KB, 410x550px
So I hope somebody could help answer two questions. I bought some metallic paint markers and I was wondering what is the little brush-like pen for and would priming the plastic make them more vibrant? The gold is fine but the red and to a lesser extent the blue look more dirty. I tried reading the guide but nothing really helped for this case.
>>
>>14739336
As far as the red and green go (the only ones I have used) I have found multiple coats really helps them pop. The only exception is for doing stuff like the clear parts for cameras/scopes. I just do a very light coat and it seems to work ok. I have not tried priming because I only panel line/top coat at the moment.
>>
>>14739271
Jesus man, wish I had as much money as you do for my plastic crack
>>
>>14739341
Ah, alright. Thanks!
>>
>>14739359
You can spend a fraction of that and get HGs every month.
Unless you live in Italy or South America, then you are screwed anyway
>>
>>14739418
Can confirm this, my HG fix for this month and possibly well into October ran me about $56 USD after all was said and done. That being said I assume one $200 PG kit will take atleast as long to build as $200 worth of HG kits, so it's not like a PG is a bad value.
>>
File: spd_20081015151930_b.jpg (17KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
spd_20081015151930_b.jpg
17KB, 500x283px
>>14739336
The black marker is for panel lines and is applied using the wash method --- you trace the line with the soft-tipped marker, then wipe away the excess.

Gundam markers are water-based so their metallics has more paint, less metal, most of them end up looking dull.

My local shops recently brought in Tamiya's X-11 chrome silver paint marker (and only X-11, not the full range). It's enamel paint so it's much more shiny but takes longer to dry.
>>
>>14739444
Well thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>14737393
Patricians buy the Silver Bullet.
>>
>>14737393
The MG Turn A is a must buy because it comes with a cow
>>
>>14739541
>Silver Bullet
>literally "Failure the Mobile Suit"
>>
File: image.jpg (231KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 1280x853px
>>
>>14739418
>>14739436
Yeah, but what if Gunpla isn't your ONLY type of Plastic Crack Addiction...
>>
>>14739612
I used to build tanks as plamo. For the same price I paid to get a standard tank kit, I could get a MG Gundam. I mean I still remember my last 1:35 scale tank costing me nearly $80, which would buy a top of the line MG. Most of them cost around $50, which would buy me a standard MG kit and maybe even have enough left over for a HG.
If you're into something like WH40K, so help you god.
>>
File: Last_Supper.jpg (606KB, 853x640px) Image search: [Google]
Last_Supper.jpg
606KB, 853x640px
>>14739622
>If you're into something like WH40K, so help you god.
No worse, Lego...
>>
>>14739611
This thing looks vaguely familiar.

Where is it from?
>>
>>14739610
I bet you unironically like the Hi-zack
>>
>>14739612
>tfw comic book collector
>gunpla builder
>action figure collector
>gamer
>mtg player
>heroclix player
>guitar player

So many hobbies so little money and space
>>
>>14739643
>This thing looks vaguely familiar.
>Where is it from?
It's a scratch built Mobile Worker from Iron Blooded Orphans.

>>14739648
>So many hobbies so little money and space
Yeah, I'm glad Lego is rather versatile when it comes to hobby use, but I am glad we've got plenty of space out here...

...Of course, if Dad doesn't get his shit together, we might just have to move out on him...
>>
>>14739251
Its a ballpit. It comes preloaded with pee.
>>
>>14739627
>Lego
I never got into this but from the few kits I saw at toy stores I can only assume they're as retardedly expensive as WH40K or even more expensive.
>>
>>14739706
They're pretty much a monopoly on building blocks so they can do whatever the fuck they want with the prices.
>>
File: 20150711_152450.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150711_152450.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>
>>14739706
>I never got into this but from the few kits I saw at toy stores I can only assume they're as retardedly expensive as WH40K or even more expensive.
Eh, they're not AS retardedly expensive, but they ARE a high grade luxury children's' construction plaything product.

>>14739747
>They're pretty much a monopoly on building blocks so they can do whatever the fuck they want with the prices.
Actually, they really don't, almost the opposite in fact...
You see, Lego bricks are machined to a tolerance of 10 Microns, one hundred thousandths of a Meter.
To put that into perspective, your hairs are 40 to 50 Microns THICK.
"Only the best is good enough" indeed.

Lego Bricks such have a reputation of being so stupidly reliable for building with that people just automatically assume ALL plastic building brick toys will work together perfectly!
>>
>>14739859
How do they even test for that with so many blocks
>>
File: hm01.jpg (50KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hm01.jpg
50KB, 800x600px
>>14739622
I was into WH40K for 10 years before Gunpla even came onto my radar, and I cannot express how utterly my addiction for it was shattered by Bandai's kits. I was on borderline GW apologist level in justifying the prices they charge, and I just can't do it anymore.

I bought a Hi-Mock for 200 yen, for fuck's sake. That would buy me, what, half a pot of paint?
>>
>>14739751
What scale is that? 1/144? 1/100?
>>
>>14739954
Ugly looking robot though, cannon fodder in the truest sense of the word. That being said I suppose at 200 yen it is the perfect value.
>>
>>14739967
I'd buy a Full Armour ZZ for 200 yen, and I fucking loathe that machine. The Hi-Mock has a very... sorta Mega Man look to it, which I really like.
>>
>>14739967
It's pretty much a blank slate.
With all that surface area, you can customize to your heart's content.
>>
>>14739961
1/144

>>14739967
that's the whole point of it
>>
File: Snapchat-3825755225065861237.jpg (580KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3825755225065861237.jpg
580KB, 1080x1920px
No ragrets
Second MG
any tips? I think its plated and kind of worried about nubs
>>
>>14739884
>How do they even test for that with so many blocks
My guess?
LASER!!!

...Ok, turns out it's actually really, REALLY good molds.

>>14739954
>>14739967
>Ugly looking robot though, cannon fodder in the truest sense of the word. That being said I suppose at 200 yen it is the perfect value.
>>14739978
>that's the whole point of it
Yeah, it's called "Bandai's official Gunpla knock off" for a reason after all.
>>
>>14740114
it's not plated
it's mostly under-gated
paint it gold or use a gloss coat if you're lazy
>>
>>14736332
Just got the IBO weapon set 3 for the custom, now all I need to do is figure out a color scheme, glue on the HiZack boosters, wait for the MS hands I've got ordered and then paint.
>>
File: P1320759.jpg (632KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P1320759.jpg
632KB, 2048x1536px
base body of the MG 2.0 Freedom looks nice, love those proportions
>>
Whats a good kit that transforms? I've been looking at the Rezel and the Zeta.
>>
File: P1320756.jpg (612KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
P1320756.jpg
612KB, 1536x2048px
>>14740257
dem shoulders
>>
File: frb03_03.jpg (55KB, 535x750px) Image search: [Google]
frb03_03.jpg
55KB, 535x750px
So, have you all bought your Figure-Rise Bust so you can run your finger over Mika's "whiskers"?
>>
File: P1320754.jpg (441KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P1320754.jpg
441KB, 2048x1536px
>>14740259
hallo there
>>
>>14740261
im gonna put them down my peepee hole
>>
>>14740270
Is this the true form of the Alaya-Vijnana System?
>>
>>14740261
I want to feel Orga inside of me.
>>
File: neat.jpg (53KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
53KB, 960x720px
>>14740270
>>
>>14739622
I liked the Imperial Knight, but each of them cost me as much as a PG.
>>
>>14740114
It's an undergated kit, don't worry about shit.
>>
File: sex.jpg (482KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sex.jpg
482KB, 1080x1920px
First evening of progress. Must stop for the night bc I open my job tomorrow, this kit is so much more enjoyable than my last MG
>>
File: 5465654.png (389KB, 598x1046px) Image search: [Google]
5465654.png
389KB, 598x1046px
Of course probably won't get a model.
>>
>>14740883
Why is it wearing a noseguard?
>>
File: 1394442432170.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1394442432170.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
>>14740883
The fuck is this?
>>
>>14740883
This design is really interesting.
>>
>>14740947
New IBO Gundam, may or may not appear in S2.
>>
>>14740980
Bandai is being cheal it seems
Trying to get the most out of the Barbados under skeleton
>>
>>14740995
Cheap not cheal
>>
>>14740800
Oh good, I saw this somewhere the other day and passed on buying it because I thought it was puke-gold like the new HG. I'll go back and get one.
>>
So the guide mentions Gundam Markers for panel lining, but I came across some Gundam Markers that were of solid colors of Blue, Yellow, Red, etc, which I assume you can use to 'paint' the kit itself? Are they worth it?
>>
>>14740947
I want to FUCK Aila while Reiji watches
>>
>>14740883
Looks life something bashed it's face in.
>>
>>14741026
I don't think so.
Detail painting though, they're fine for.
>>
>>14739954
Maybe a limb of a guard too. Amazing value!
>>
What kind of variation is there from one 1/100 scale to the next size wise? I've only finished the head, torso, and have of my mg jesta and it's already noticeably bigger than my mg sandrock. I know there's 9 meters difference in the suits but still, I feel like the jesta is going to be much heftier in the end.
>>
File: jegan custom.png (32KB, 510x836px) Image search: [Google]
jegan custom.png
32KB, 510x836px
Any suggestions for these Jegan colors? I was thinking it'd be a sniper but I don't know if that'd really fit the colors or the design of the Jegan itself.
>>
>>14741387
Reminds me of the Hardygun.
>>
File: spookysalesman.gif (2MB, 150x152px) Image search: [Google]
spookysalesman.gif
2MB, 150x152px
>tfw the kit of your mechfu is sold out forever and has doubled in price everywhere
>it needs also needs precise detailing to look good

alright /m/ what's her name?
>>
>>14741470
Who's your mechfu?
>>
>>14741470
Weissritter (not Rein).
Though my true mechfu will never be made (Razangriff)
>>
File: 0jkpux2l.gif (23KB, 510x836px) Image search: [Google]
0jkpux2l.gif
23KB, 510x836px
>>14741387
try not to go pure white, try an off-white anywhere between eggshell and a really light grey, and then a darker version of the base color to make it pop out a bit more?
I tried a muted hue of the blue you had and threw some more separation on.
Focus more on colors you like for a custom rather than a purpose, unless you're willing to go full digital camoflouge sorts of designs for your "sniper". Although that being said, I don't think Jegan has ever struck me as a back line sort of MS, I've always envisioned it as a front line/scout, maybe because of the backpack.
I kept almost going full Jesta with the color scheme here, but I tried to preserve the "white" zones that you had a bit.
>>
After taking a good look at the HG customization campaign parts of 2016 i can say they aren't actually that bad.
Sure E F and H are garbage but the rest aren't half bad.
The snippers are obviously the best tho.
>>
>>14741017
Oh its even brighter and more metallic than that, it lost quality because I used Snapchat to prevent picture turning. The MG 2.0 is godtier
>>
File: 20160917_092119.jpg (4MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20160917_092119.jpg
4MB, 4608x2592px
>>14741814
2.0 is amazing.
I'm garbage at taking pictures tho.
>>
>>14741823
Are the hyaku shiki symbols dry transfers and the red text waterslides?
>>
>>14741835
Yeah the symbols are dry transfer but i think the red ones are stickers.
>>
>>14741838
I saw they were on a blue sheet and just assumed, didn't check for water kanji
>>
>>14741840
They actually might be.
Would make sense i guess.
>>
>>14735803
Ws the Gyancelot really the only good design from Island Wars?
>>
>>14741858
Yeah it looks good.
Too bad the actual kit uses a shit ton of stickers.
Too many stickers makes a kit look cheap and half assed.
>>
>>14741862
That's fine.
You aren't a snapfag, are you anon?
>>
>>14741865
No but I'll still bitch about bandai being the cheap fuckers they are
>>
>>14740883
>broken nose
>barbatos chest and leg pieces
no thanks
>>
File: Atlas_01.jpg (190KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas_01.jpg
190KB, 851x1200px
atlas gundam mg when? i can imagine it being fun as fuck to build
>>
>>14741030
I'm almost sure that's what mashita did since reiji's daughter had mashita's hair
>>
File: latest-2.png (179KB, 960x687px) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.png
179KB, 960x687px
>>14742038
>since reiji's daughter had mashita's hair

I don't see it.
>>
>>14742056
post daughter
>>
File: tumblr_oc9ckw7jPx1tvtt6xo1_500.jpg (42KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc9ckw7jPx1tvtt6xo1_500.jpg
42KB, 500x281px
>>14742064
She has a slightly darker shade of her moms hair.
>>
>>14742081
you mean a mix of mashita and aila's hair
>>
File: pct_main-1.png (148KB, 960x687px) Image search: [Google]
pct_main-1.png
148KB, 960x687px
>>14742081
Sorry, didn't realize the image was tumblr.

Here's the official art for color accuracy.
>>
>>14742038
>Plebian street merchant/petty thief allowed anywhere near the princess

Literally never happening.
>>
>>14742081
>>14742088
Pretty cute imo.
>>
Anyone know if the Enhanced ZZ you get with the MG FA ZZ can still transform and combine? I can't find anything anywhere about it.
>>
>>14742108
According to the manual no, it cannot.
>>
>>14742088
>have long hair
>wear scrunchies on arm and leg

'K, but why tho?
>>
>>14742130
Fashion.

Alien fashion.
>>
>>14742135
Where the tentacles then?
>>
>>14742130
So she doesn't lose them? YOU see any pockets on her dress?
>>
>>14742138
already inside her
>>
>>14742138
The new pokemon girl took them.
>>
File: 188399.jpg?r=1450273329.jpg (38KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
188399.jpg?r=1450273329.jpg
38KB, 560x560px
Where can I get the RX-160S Byarlant Custom in these colors? I see pictures of it like this but I can't seem to find it for purchase.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-160S-2_Byarlant_Custom_02
>>
>>14742175
Was a P-bandai release a couple years ago.
>>
File: 4.jpg (514KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
514KB, 768x1024px
its like some sort of modern art
>>
>>14742108
it can, the backpack is different but is still able to move around like on the standard ZZ and there are a few minor differences in the feet and skirt armor but if you take off all the heavy armor its doable. the only major difference is that it doesnt include parts for the wing/shield things. same goes for the Sentinel FAZZ, which you need to remove the head of before you transform it.
>>
>that decal you applied incorrectly and now it looks bad if you look really close
how do you deal with that feel bros
>>
File: IMG_0132.jpg (2MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0132.jpg
2MB, 2592x1728px
>>14742175
it was a P-Bandai release back in 2014, there were two versions but Bandai never did another production run so they are pretty hard to find now. check auction sites and keep an eye on Mandarake, thats your only option.

its really huge and impressive for a HG, it comes with all the original Byarlant Custom parts and 2 adapter sets to mount it to the booster from a HGUC Gaplant.
>>
>build MG Quebeley MK II Ple-Two colours
>thought I'd like the brilliant shade of red
>but the yellow highlights make it look like some sort of Ronald McDonald robutt.
Aside from repainting it, or replacing with the Elpeo Ple's Colour ver, how can I make it better?
>>
>>14742284
Battle damage, always battle damage.
>>
File: h162_j_body.jpg (106KB, 900x471px) Image search: [Google]
h162_j_body.jpg
106KB, 900x471px
I was trying to c-joint the wings on my Wing so I could reassemble after seamwelding but when I was cutting the joint on the white one it snapped off and now I've got less than a half circle left on the wing
What would be a good way to fix this?
>>
File: 5.jpg (567KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
567KB, 768x1024px
>>14742249

no pants
no shame
>>
File: aestivalis_custom_izumi.jpg (27KB, 326x400px) Image search: [Google]
aestivalis_custom_izumi.jpg
27KB, 326x400px
>>14741476
this beast
>>
File: TG1.jpg (177KB, 569x954px) Image search: [Google]
TG1.jpg
177KB, 569x954px
I cannot for the life of me remember why I put off building this beauty for so long.

I think I might be in love.
>>
File: 20160917_132952~2.jpg (2MB, 4934x2693px) Image search: [Google]
20160917_132952~2.jpg
2MB, 4934x2693px
Working on three kitbashes. Some ideas didn't work. Ex: Sniper head won't fit onto Guncannon body withoht removing antennae, Guncannon head fits on nothing but Guncannon.
Also wanted Jesta feet on Sniper legs, but then they have zero movement.
>>
File: NUz9umX.jpg (155KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
NUz9umX.jpg
155KB, 1280x960px
>>14742560
I love kit bashing.

r8 don't h8.
>>
>>14742575
>butterface
>>
>>14741617
Thanks anon, I think this looks a lot better.
I really like the sniper suits, but I see what you're saying about colors I like versus purpose for a custom. The Jegan's design emphasizes speed to me more than anything else so I'll just stick with the normal equipment.
>>
Should I get the MG Dom or Rick Dom?
>>
>>14742575
>I actually believe a headswap is a kitbash!

Nice blog.
>>
File: why not both.gif (976KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
why not both.gif
976KB, 350x263px
>>14742707
Yes.
>>
File: P1320774.jpg (667KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P1320774.jpg
667KB, 2048x1536px
railguns attached
>>
File: wZSKpZP.jpg (160KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
wZSKpZP.jpg
160KB, 1280x960px
>>14742712
Is this the high speed kitbashing at very fast pace you're looking for?
>>
File: P1320782.jpg (508KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P1320782.jpg
508KB, 2048x1536px
>>14742723
the wings are next
>>
>>14742719
I don't have $112+tax right now.
>>
>>14742388
>>14742388
>I was trying to c-joint the wings on my Wing so I could reassemble after seamwelding

C-jointing is usually done for ABS parts. Right now you'll probably have to punch and cut some sort of metal sheet to fix that circle thing.

Personally I try to not be forceful when cutting the plastic, like you're forcing the cleaver straight through. I try to slice through gently and use a saw if I have to. Using nippers might create fractures past the cutting point.
>>
>>14742798
Then wait til you do. Then buy both.
>>
File: IMG_1997.jpg (428KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1997.jpg
428KB, 1600x2400px
Waiting for my Tryon 3 to finish drying amidst painting, so I might as well start on this guy.
>>
remember when the MG line was good?
>>
>>14742898
Gunpla was never good.
>>
File: IMG_2000.jpg (574KB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2000.jpg
574KB, 3456x2304px
Head comparison between the Zaku Tank and the Origin Zaku II. Proportions are wack
>>
File: 6.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>14742429

and thats all for this weekend.
>>
>waiting for Astaroth Gundam to finally arrive

Yay, at least my Markers came.

Unrelated, but does anyone here have experience with kits from Yukikaze? I really would love to have a good looking Super Sylph in my Collection, but I just saw one 1/144 model that went for over 300 dollars. Any cheaper versions?
>>
R.I.P. Zakuaurelius
>>
>>14743062
nani
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
have you ever been fucked up a gunpla beyond relief

im so sorry, Zaku 2 Kai
>>
>>14743062
?
>>
File: DSCN0241.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0241.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
>>14743108
bro.....you dont even begin to know
>>
>>14742729
Jesus! That is some clean panel lines around the Vulcan.
What did you wash with?
>>
>>14742849
Have you seen the Yatta won custom that a builder made one of those into?
>>
>>14743195
What was it painted with?
>>
>>14743108
>Mk. II revive Titans first kit
>accidentally cut off part of the ball joint that was to be his arm
>stress marks everywhere
>decide to get an AEUG one because it was on sale
>test fodder for Vallejo primer (don't use by the way, it's bad)
>it's cured/stuck on and won't come off
>>
>>14743212
A pink testors spray. It was labeled "special FX" I think. I use to have a pic of the can, but i cant seem to find it.
>>
>>14743197
tamiya black panel line accent
>>
File: IMG_0082.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0082.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>14743048
Platz has a line of 1/144 Yukikaze kits, they are reasonably priced for a Yukikaze kit (2400 yen) and construction is somewhere between a 1/144 aircraft and gunpla.

http://hlj.com/product/PLZSSY-6
>>
File: IMG_2001.jpg (243KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2001.jpg
243KB, 2400x1600px
>>14743207
no, but that'd be neat to see. I'm meshing this with a old HGUC Zaku I once I got the tank body down.
>>
File: IMG_0601.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0601.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>14743415
the biggest problem with the 1/144 kits is painting them. they are molded in entirely in bland grey plastic and at 1/144 you dont exactly have much real estate to work with. at least with Macross kits they hold your hand and provide decals for various colored areas, with these you only get basic water slides and a shitty black and white diagram for coloring.
>>
File: P1320798.jpg (622KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
P1320798.jpg
622KB, 1536x2048px
beam sabers are usually the most boring weapons around, but with a proper beam effect part, they become the opposite
>>
>>14738409

Anyone? Thoughts on MG Full Armor?
>>
>>14743108

2 of my MG's have taken too much damage from falls and family members that I can't pose them in any other position without 12 parts falling off.
>>
>>14742031
Been kind of hoping for a kit of this fucker as well. Guess this'll be the first kit never for me.
>>
>>14743484
Is good

Just build the accessories first so you don't get burned out
>>
>>14742031
We'll see if they get that far into Thunderbolt. This thing would be an engineering nightmare, though, since all the joints are supposed to be ball joints.
>>
>>14739954

Post Hi-Mock customs.
>>
>>14743865
Dat should be the next month's build off
>>
File: johnny_shooting_himself.jpg (76KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
johnny_shooting_himself.jpg
76KB, 426x426px
>>14743614
Katoki's face when they tell him to make it.

seriously, id like to see what they come up with.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Was left on my porch in the rain like this
>>
>>14743942
Never order from them again, Jack.
Also censor your name at least, do you even know where you are?
>>
>>14743942
it wasn't even shipped in a real box?
>>
File: nothing to puru about53.png (53KB, 222x170px) Image search: [Google]
nothing to puru about53.png
53KB, 222x170px
>>14743942

why
>>
>>14743942
Hello Jackson!
Enjoy the candy dicks I sent you
>>
>>14743966
nope
>>14743963
censored it and then used the wrong image. good thing this thread is auto-saging now.
>>
File: IMG_2003.jpg (274KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2003.jpg
274KB, 2400x1600px
Top half done, shame I won't be using any of this asides from the lower torso and maybe the manipulators. Onto the main tank body
>>
File: fullarmor2.jpg (873KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fullarmor2.jpg
873KB, 1600x1200px
>>14743484

this one?
Its okay-ish save for "sticker jelly" extra armor parts, which doesn't encourage removing them after assemble.

Its like building a frame, a coat of RX-78-2 armor and then another coat of Full Armor.

Also its full armored accessories doesn't fit on Gundam 3.0 body.
>>
File: 20160912_013348.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_013348.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>14738409
if you mean the thinderbolt one, its basically how >>14744034 explained, but a fuck ton of add ons
>>
File: IMG_20160917_221552.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160917_221552.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
Now with 100% more BRRRRRT
>>
>>14743942
S A L

A

L
>>
>>14738409
>>14744120
also forgot to mention thunderbolt cant stand with the backpack on. bit it does come with its own base. its an easy and fun build, and the finished product is great and easy to manipulate. only hard part was getting those joint covers. not looking forward to those on the zaku
>>
>>14743942
>they defaced the box
Downright heretical. This seller can't possibly be Japanese.
>>
File: frOo8Ky.jpg (102KB, 759x508px) Image search: [Google]
frOo8Ky.jpg
102KB, 759x508px
I think I got a defective part in my kit - am I fucked or can I contact someone for a replacement?
>>
Might sound strange, but would anyone here know how I could go about getting a leather like look with paints for sword grips/handles?
>>
>>14744278
depends on where you bought it and when you bought it
>>
>>14744278
if you gotta from a american retailer, shoot them an email. if not, your fucked
>>
>>14744311
by them i mean bluefin
>>
File: fIF7N7xFSvQGPuwkzZg3QjCCkil.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fIF7N7xFSvQGPuwkzZg3QjCCkil.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
Are there any model kits for the Neo Getter?
>>
File: IMG_2005.jpg (341KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2005.jpg
341KB, 2400x1600px
Test-fit is done, gonna wait until next week to start actually mashing these two together.
>>
>>14737857
Nope, mine is firmly in place
>>
What do you use for stripping?
>>
>>14744641
A pole, sometimes a chair
>>
>>14744616
I think I must have broken the peg a little then. Fuck.
>>
>>14744662
I broke the clear green part that goes inside his head, lubing luckily it's hidden inside the white armor
>>
>>14744157

Yeah I heard about those, oh well. Thanks I'll go and order it now! Someday I'll get the courage to buy an airbrush but today is not that day.
>>
File: 7488527928527626259.jpg (419KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
7488527928527626259.jpg
419KB, 1080x1920px
Uhh am I missing something here? These won't connect
>>
File: 3467824961842920298.jpg (457KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
3467824961842920298.jpg
457KB, 1080x1920px
>>14744692
>>
>>14744692
The sanding phase
>>
>>14744700
Haha epic reply m8
They're sanded, the nubs are just flat with the mold
>>
>>14744692
your missing something in the torso it looks like
>>
File: guncannon.png (145KB, 800x922px) Image search: [Google]
guncannon.png
145KB, 800x922px
Rate my guncannon
>>
>>14744714
Yeah I noticed a PC part I hadn't used yet and I traced it back to the first page, we Gucci now
>>
Is there any primer with non toxic fumes?
>>
>>14744747
Good luck finding anything non-toxic for this hobby
>>
>>14744759
I plan to hand paint with acrylics for painting, I tried to use lacquer spray painter before and I got sick from using the wrong filter. I know that it's an easy fix but I'm just too scared to try again.

If there are no non toxic primers will I be fine not using any?
>>
Is the MG Freedom 2.0 well-engineered?
>>
>>14744763
>using the wrong filter
You really need to be careful when it comes to that kind of stuff, always double check. As far as not priming at all goes, your results may vary depending on the paint.
>>
>>14744825
Yeah, I just had a bit of a headache and got very dizzy many hours later. I probably didn't inhale too much since the big reaction was so delayed.
>>
>>14744671
What do you think of the kit overall? It's my first RG and I'm really impressed with how much detail there is on such a small frame.
>>
>>14744844
It's my favorite of the three rgs I own!
>>
File: 1468570850022.png (745KB, 724x704px) Image search: [Google]
1468570850022.png
745KB, 724x704px
PG Sinanju fucking when
>>
>>14744920
Tomorrow actually
>>
>>14743979
>good thing this thread is auto-saging now.
Don't worry. I'm gonna use it as the OP for the new thread.
>>
File: 20160918_014224.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160918_014224.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
I need more astray...and an airbrush kit, also how long does it usually take hlj to get in back ordered kits?
>>
>>14744747
>Is there any primer with non toxic fumes?

Vallejo and Badger do.

Some people even handbrush with them. People put a layer of Future on top of Vallejo for sandability and a hard finish, while Badger Stynylrez is sandable within 20ish minutes. I heard of some brush on primers for wargaming miniatures on /tg/'s WIP threads, but they're dunces at this whole modelling thing.
>>
First attempt at a custom son
>>
Shit, my Scopedog finally shipped I can't wait
>>
File: 1471738798516.png (350KB, 1110x1712px) Image search: [Google]
1471738798516.png
350KB, 1110x1712px
>>14744692
>those nubs
>>
>>14743447
Wow, that really looks great. Think I will get one.

Already have some experience with 1/144 fighters planes from Revell, how much glue will I need for these?
>>
>>14745740
using nail clippers on an undergated gunpla is fine
>>
What's the better MG, Origin RX-78-2 or the 3.0 RX-78-2
>>
File: 8.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>14742989

Wait, what the fuck is this kitbash?
>>
>>14745950
Origin
>>
Next PG when?
>>
>>14746007
Hopefully seen.
What PG you want?
>>
>>14746014
GM

nah, just kiddin, I'd like a Thunderbolt PG, leaning towards the FA Thunderbilt, but the Psycho Zack would be cool too
>>
>>14746014
I'd be happy with a Gelgoog or Kampfer, honestly.
>>
>>14746044
Not going to happen
>>
>>14746014
The PG I'm waiting for most is the Full Armor ZZ so it can be the giant it deserves to be.
>>
>>14746014
The RG Sinanju came waaaay out of left field, even without the protag MS, the Unicorn not having an RG.
PG Sinanju seems likely with many PG variants of the Unicorn already and they could very well perfect it with RG tech.
Then again, the RG Build Strike announcement is also very unexpected and they do already have a PG Strike.
>>
>building RG Justice
>break off part of the MS joint
>tried fixing it with metal reinforcement
>fucked it up even more

Kill me now
>>
File: BANG.jpg (150KB, 793x546px) Image search: [Google]
BANG.jpg
150KB, 793x546px
>>14746216
>>
page 10 new thread >>14746333
Thread posts: 403
Thread images: 102

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.