[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 50

File: 1382725288812.jpg (121KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1382725288812.jpg
121KB, 500x375px
Old one is dead.

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread: post your small questions that do not deserver their own thread here.
>>
Ok so I have an URL that's basically http://IP/FOLDER

If I go to http://IP/ it gives me a 503.

Other than trying to guess, is there a way to know the names of the other folders?

Thanks in advance.
>>
Anyone with Corsair R200 case here? How in the fuck do I remove the front panel? I want to clean the intake filters.

>>57054271
No, if the web server has directory listing enabled and there's no sitemap then you'd have to bruteforce the names.
>>
>>57054285
disabled*
>>
>>57054285
Damn it.
Even if I can see all the directories except the top one?
I can navigate the subfolders with no problem. I just can't go up one level. Is that circumventable somehow?
I tried googling and found a second folder, but that's it.
>>
>>57054285
>>57054307
At the bottom of every page there's this:
Apache/2.2.22 (@<NAME>@) Server at <IP> Port 80

If that can help.
>>
I'm locked out of my Yahoo account.

I get some shitty "uh oh we can't help your account online" message and like two robots fighting.

I have no fucking idea.

I need this account it's fucking tied to everything.

You think someone's in there?
>>
I damaged my Wi-Fi unit on my laptop and it doesn't work anymore.

What is the name of the USB-like thing with a little antenna that you can plug into your USB port? A dongle? Adapter?

Someone let me borrow theirs and I could connect to Wi-Fi again.
>>
Why does the sun shine all day instead of at night when we need the light?
>>
>>57054852
wifi dongle
>>57054898
because the earth is not flat for some dumb reason and insists on a full rotation every 24 hours
>>
Which IO scheduler should I chose for laptop with btrfs on HDD? Why?
>>
>>57054285
If its like the 300R it just comes straight out, there are like 6 metal springs holding it in place
>>
File: DY1rdlo21o1.jpg (37KB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
DY1rdlo21o1.jpg
37KB, 640x528px
I started to learn PHP a few days ago. The PHP in 24 Hour book has a lots of errors, the Black Book seems a bit better but some others says its outdated. So the question is: what is the newest and best book about PHP on the market right now? Thanks!
>>
Is it safe for me to buy an "open box" computer off Neweg?. That means someone bought it and sent it back. My motherboard is fucked and I don't feel like building a new PC so I want to buy this cheap gaming one and slap my functioning better components on top of it. Plus I hate having an mATX sized tower.
>>
I have a monitor, an ASUS VH238, that in the last two hours has started randomly displaying static. The DVI cables are securely secured. I am watching Netflix on it in fullscreen in Firefox, but pausing Netflix or moving another window over it doesn't fix it. Is it more likely that my monitor is fucked, the DVI cable is fucked, it's some weird software issue on an up-to-date-as-of-last-month fresh Windows 7 install, or is it hopefully my video card? Seriously, video card is the best option here.
>>
When people post 't.' what do they mean?
>>
>>57054983
How is scooping all the guts into a new computer any less work than replacing your motherboard?
>>
File: 0524-news-01.jpg (28KB, 425x373px) Image search: [Google]
0524-news-01.jpg
28KB, 425x373px
>>57054983
>Plus I hate having an mATX sized tower.
because its too big or something?
maybe buy gigabyte brix? or some other micro PC?
>>
>>57055038
Seems easier having everything installed letting me swap out parts one at a time. I've built a computer completely from scratch once and it was stressful to say the least. Am I wrong to assume it would in fact be easier?
>>
>>57055072
It'll depend on what you have and what the open box is. Personally, I'd just swap the motherboard. You already built one once, you know how to do it now, and you already know what the expect, which is really the stressful part(No, the heatsink won't REALLY break your motherboard, it'll just feel like it, and yes, you do need to remember to snap those little tabs back up on the RAM). Save money and only buy what you need, or spend just as much on better components. Otherwise, you'd just removing half of a computer, removing half of another computer, and then installing one half into the other half. That's one and a half computers instead of just one.
>>
>>57055072
It would be about the same, you would just be paying an excessive amount of money to have a motherboard preinstalled in a case
>>
>>57055001
t. means "regards" in Finnish, and is used like "Yours truly" in English.
>>
File: file.png (840KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
840KB, 720x576px
>>57053795
what is a good company to get some custom trading cards made?

Looking for foil and/or lenticular options
>>
>>57055166
The best. Shot, Anon.
>>
File: light04.png (140KB, 1366x744px) Image search: [Google]
light04.png
140KB, 1366x744px
I was browsing around on github and stumbled upon moe theme for emacs and I noticed image related.

How does he get that completion? That's really extensive.
>>
>>57055593
go through the user's .emacs.d repo and look for autocomplete stuff
>>
File: beoplay-a6-1.jpg (299KB, 1200x661px) Image search: [Google]
beoplay-a6-1.jpg
299KB, 1200x661px
Two options:
B&O A6 for 600 bucks
2x Genelec G One 400 bucks

A6 has ethernet, bluetooth, and all that in one package. G ones can easily become a part of 5.1 setup, and they are cheaper.

Help me choose pls.
>>
I'm new to partitioning, this may seem obvious for you but I'm noob as fuck.
If, when installing a linux distro, I make two partitions (root and home), the linux system is installed in root and I'll put my documents and files in home.
If anything happens (one day my OS crashes or something), can I reinstall the OS without worrying about losing my files at the home partition? Are these two partitions independent?
The only thing I'll have to do (when reinstalling the OS, or installing another one) is mount the home partition:
$ mkdir -p /mnt/home (make the directory in the root partition)
$ mount /dev/(home_partition) /mnt/home (mount the partition)
And I will have my new system but with all my files from the previous OS. Am I right?
>>
So I just changed ISP's and it seems to be taking 1-2 days for their website to update to tell me how much data I have used.
So I need some kind of bandwidth monitor to see how much data I am using, I tried "GlassWire" but it only shows what my computer is using, I'd like to see how much I am using over all my wifi connections like my phone etc.
Any suggestions?
>>
My laptop's fan bearing is fucked and makes a lot of noise. It was dropped once and I took it in for repairs, but now someone dropped it again and it's making the same noise.

How safe would it be for me to disassemble it and try to fix it myself, now knowing what's the problem? I've only ever worked with desktop hardware, are there some things I'd have to know before working with a laptop?
>>
What software do you use if you need to cut and merge videos? The easier the better
>>
>>57055930
specifically, .vob files
>>
Anyone know how to fix keyboard input lag when only playing video games?
>>
>>57054852
People call it a "USB adapter" or a "USB Dongle"

I guess technically it should be called an "external WNIC" or "USB WNIC" but nobody calls it that.

>>57054459
Call support

>>57054911
>the earth is not flat
[citation needed]
>>
What was that software that people use in conjunction with Common Sense [current year] to catch small shit that slips by like trojans etc
>>
>>57056044
User account permissions?
>>
Trying here

So I'm getting a MSi GTX 1070 soon and I was wondering if my CPU will be able to handle it? Currently my PC has a Intel Core i5 3470, I know it's old but it'll work right?
>>
File: Untitled.png (36KB, 1000x447px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36KB, 1000x447px
Someone please tell me why the extension page of Opera refuses to fucking load
>>
>>57053795
I fell for the Windows 10 meme and I'm getting so fucking annoyed. This piece of shit keeps on installing the Realtek audio drivers even though I don't want them because they fuck up the sound quality big time. How do I stop w10 from automatically installing them?

This shit is worse than Vista.
>>
>>57055831
I use netspeedmonitor
>>
Where is the best place to look for remote dev work in the UK, or does the location of the company not matter so much for that? I've got a java backend web background and cant be bothered with offices and commuting anymore
>>
File: nat.png (3KB, 244x158px) Image search: [Google]
nat.png
3KB, 244x158px
WHY WON'T THIS PIECE OF SHIT GO AWAY?
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
HOW CAN I STILL BROWSE THE INTERNET?
>>
File: KareraIkiteru.jpg (105KB, 750x960px) Image search: [Google]
KareraIkiteru.jpg
105KB, 750x960px
I'm trying to store passwords more securely in my department. I was thinking about using Keepass, giving each of my colleagues a personal password database and require a simple password (they won't agree to use anything remotely complicated) and a keyfile to unlock it.

My first idea was to store each password database locally, in their respective computers and the keyfile/s in our company server.

Is it a wise idea? Which alternative would be best? Which alternative would be better, given my team's reluctance to use strong passwords for the databases?

All input is welcome.
>>
How many empty folders would you need to make in order to completely fill a 1TB drive using NTFS?

Would this even be possible? Or will the MFT not be able to grow past a certain size and the filesystem will just crash?
>>
File: tert.png (21KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
tert.png
21KB, 657x527px
Should I update to OSX Sierra? Is it stable yet?
>>
>>57056081
come on somebody uses opera here
>>
>>57056204
We use OnePassword and have a shared vault via Dropbox. So the file gets synched with our Dropbox Business account in a shared folder.
>>
Tried to post in old sqt thread just before it died.

I'm building a PC out of scavenged/refurb parts. I have 2 choices of motherboard. One's a nice MSI, a few years old, for AM3 socket. The other one's a motherboard from a prebuilt HP, but it's for AM3+. It also supports more RAM, has a wireless adapter built in, few more features.

Is it worth the extra features and better socket to trust a board from a prebuilt HP?

I haven't bought the CPU yet, so I will be able to get a better one if I go with the HP.
>>
>>57056204
My boss has us using Lastpass Enterprise, and it seems to work well enough. The shared passwords is nice for a business with any kind of hierarchy, because you can decide what users get what passwords.
>>
>>57056285
A folder will take up a few bytes depending on name length, so probably around 100 billion folders
Max number of files on an NTFS is about 4 billion, not sure if directories are counted in this limit
>>
>>57056060
there shouldn't be a problem, CPUs bottleneck only in quite rare cases (assuming video games)
>>57055930
most people use Sony Vegas (or Final Cut on Mac), pretty straightforward to get up and running with lots of tutorials available online
>>57056334
depending on your use, but if you're just repurposing the mobo and ram+cpu is a huge factor I'd give the HP a go, just mind you don't use the PSU from the prebuilt as well if you're attempting any heavy lifting
>>
Is it possible to run two operating systems on the same machine at once without using a VM?
>>
>>57056402
No
>>
>>57053795
I'm looking for a new mouse to replace my Logitech M705.
I play vidya, and I'm used to rather small wrist movements to move the cursor/aim, which means I'm not used to traverse a huge mousepad to reach the two ends of the screen. I'd like my short movements to be accurate. Since the M705 has Logitech's freely spinning scrollwheel, which I like, I'm looking for it in a new mouse, if possible. I could also go for a wired mouse. LEDs not required.

What would you recommend and/or suggest?
>>
>>57056383
Okay. I do have a separate PSU. My concern is just that I'll buy an AM3+ CPU that will only work with the HP mobo, and if it turns out to be unreliable I can't use it in the other one I have.
>>
>>57056010
I notice this only happens when my cpu hits high usage, anyone knows how to fix this? It didn't happened before and I had my PC for over a year, it just stared happening three days ago and it's getting worst.
>>
>>57056081
SOMEONE HELP
>>
>>57056601
What game is this on? GTA V has this issue pretty bad too.
>>
I'm thinking of installing a Linux distribution to escape win 10.
Only problem is I want to use my cracked Manga Studio EX.
Can I use it in wine?
Also recommend distro
>>
File: putty_2016-10-13_09-02-07.png (18KB, 614x260px) Image search: [Google]
putty_2016-10-13_09-02-07.png
18KB, 614x260px
>>57053795
What is the purpose of the .d at the end of folders?
I'm seeing some say 'conf' and a 'conf.d' is also present, or 'profile' and 'profile.d'.
treat me like I'm 5
>>
File: vmware_2016-10-13_09-12-58.png (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
vmware_2016-10-13_09-12-58.png
103KB, 1024x768px
>>57056735
would recommend Manjaro with xfce, shit's comfy as fuck right out the box. can't confirm the manga studio will work, why not try it in a VM before committing to a full format?
>inb4 hurr use arch fgt
>inb4 durr xfce is deprecated fgt
>>
>>57053795
Hey /sqt/, not sure if this question is appropriate here but I figured I'd try here before making a new thread
On my iMac (hostname is krapple), I can ssh into it from my linux laptop by using "ssh krapple.local". How do I set up these .local domains for other devices, specifically Linux hosts? What sort of configurations does Apple have, and can this be easily setup for a Linux system?
Thanks /sqt/
>>
>>57056644
Battlefield 2, it also happens to other games that I play like cod4, Soulworker etc. So I think it isnt the game but something else.
>>
>>57055677
genelec sounds better
source: not a design fashionista
>>
>>57056736
directory
>>
>>57053795
Is there a music app on Android that allows me to do the following things:
>Load my MP3s/FLAC/whatever on to it and play it from there
>Load a full album and put in different skips for different songs in it and name them (e.g. 0:00 intro, 1:22 song x, 4:30 song y, etc..)
>>
>>57056834
Same guy, different question here

Does someone know how to assign a static IP? I'm at uni, and I've got a few Unix machines in my room, doing different jobs, all connected to a single access point, connecting to the Uni's LAN.
What would be a good way to access these devices when I'm not connected to my access point? Could I set up port forwarding to one device, and access the rest through that? All the devices have static IP's, with each others domains in their hosts file, so I can access all the rest from one of them. But then how would I find the local IP of the access point? Even then, if the Uni didn't allow it on their network, could I access it from the greater WAN?
>>
>>57056850
I feel very dumb now.
What is their purpose, as opposed to simply modifying the ./conf file?
>>
>>57056834
.local just refers to the fact that it's not on a specified domain. can't confirm for mac as I don't own one, but this is easily changed on /etc/hostname. can you ping the other linux system by hostname, or do you usually ssh to it by ip?
>>
>>57056910
A lot of programs will let you have multiple configuration files in a conf.d directory, and it'll use them all together. That way you can add specific configurations for different purposes in different files, and completely remove those configurations by removing that single file
Consider /etc/apt. It has a file sources.list and a directory sources.list.d. For a single application, you can place it's source entry in sources.list or in sources.list.d/myapplication.list. Then, if you want to remove that entry completely, you can just delete the .list file. Debian's network configurations work very similarly, allowing for multiple interfaces files for different things
It may seem like overkill, but when you've got a complex configuration you've worked on for ages, it's very convenient
>>
>>57056942
I've been ssh-ing to it by it's hostname, but that's because I've got it set in /etc/hosts. AFAIK ssh is just looking up the hostname in /etc/hosts and getting the IP from there
>>
Can you get parasites from drinking rain water?
>>
>>57057012
Also curious. That was my plan if I ran out of water during the hurricane.
>>
2 quick ones -

What is the current counterpart to the LG G4, aka the perfect handset? I need something with a 5.5 screen, removable battery and storage, beautiful aesthetic and cracking processor.

Secondly, best software for buying music? Something that will provide me with preferably flac, or mp3 m, without any kind of drm bullshit?
>>
>>57057012
>>57057030
As long as the container you're gathering water is clean, there shouldn't be anything in it. If you're concerned, you could get a little UV water purifiers.
One possible item of concern is pollution from nearby industry, as that can cause rain to have high PH levels. You might want to get a water purity testing kit.
I think >>>/out/ or even >>>/k/ might have more information on this

>>57057046
bandcamp is good if you're looking for indie stuff
>>
>>57056735
I wouldn't recommend Manjaro. Go with a normie distro to begin with, *ubuntu, I like Xubuntu best, but there's nothing inherently bad about Ubuntu MATE or Ubuntu GNOME or Ubuntu Unity. Try a few in a VM to begin with.
If you decide to migrate to Arch or Gentoo or any other more complicated distribution you will, but start with baby steps
>>
>>57057091
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>57057046
>Secondly, best software for buying music? Something that will provide me with preferably flac, or mp3 m, without any kind of drm bullshit?
A browser, torrent client, and a WCD account. Then to support good artists go to their shows and buy direct from label.
>>
Devuan or lmde?
I'm coming from arch and want something that just werks without forcing too much bloat down my throat.
>>
Is there a single good hex editor for Linux? Bless is broken, vim binary mode isn't working, and I can't wrap my head around emacs' hexl-mode
>>
Can I root s7 edge on Verizon?
>>
File: metadata example.png (8KB, 444x455px) Image search: [Google]
metadata example.png
8KB, 444x455px
i got some wav files (from an official web source) with music on them but there's no metadata and the filenames are a mess

i'm planning to convert them to flac and put them on some torrent site but where do i get the metadata from? and what format should the filenames be in

it kind of bothers my autism to see missing or incorrect metadata on pirated music
>>
>>57056010
My brother had the same problem. Turns out the idiot somehow got his PC infected and had a keylogger.
>>
What's the general procedure of upgrading my pc?
I build mine from scratch 5years ago and now it's feels heavily underwhelming.
Do I look at logicalincrements and check out the price range? Do I need to exchange everything or is exchanging GPU and graphiccard enough for a difference? What actually makes my pc "stronger"?
>>
one big hdd or small different hdd?
>>
>>57057636
It really depends on why you want to upgrade. Is the PC slow in general browsing or just games? Are you running out of free space?
If it's slow during general use then you should consider upgrading either the CPU or ram. An SSD will also make programs start up faster.
It would help if you could post your specs so I would which parts are outdated.
>>
>>57057636
>What actually makes my pc "stronger"?
cpu, memory and hard drive speed, gpu

and if you have an older motherboard it might not support newer cpus

pro tip: some computers just arent worth upgrading
there's a point where it turns into polishing a turd
>>
can someone explain me the funcionality of these codes: " ff2 fc3 fs14 fb " in this html code:

<span class="ff2 fc3 fs14 fb ">example</span>

can someone link a wiki or guide for these codes?
>>
File: speccs.jpg (206KB, 668x643px) Image search: [Google]
speccs.jpg
206KB, 668x643px
>>57057660
That would be a great help if you could tell which parts of mine is heavily outdated.

I feel like climbing my way to 16gb RAM and upgrading both CPU and GPU with my budget of 500-600€.

>>57057670
I really hope my current motherboard might still be useful after those years. I am not really in a position to afford building a pc from scratch again (It was kinda a pro to build a pc setup so I could enhance its capacities without completely building a new one like it's the case with laptops)
>>
>>57057717
open the css files
and find the .ff2 .fc3 .fs14 .fb
>>
>>57057717
they're classes
they're used for styling (css) or selecting and manipulating (js) similar elements
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Global_attributes/class
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Class_selectors
>>
Installed Linux Mint Sarah and everything is working fine other than the mouse. I know it's not a hardware issue since this mouse works just fine on other computers. It's currently plugged into a hub, but the problem persists when plugged into the hub, the front, and the back of the computer. The pointer does show up and move around just fine, but I am unable to click on things. It usually works on the task bar and start menu, but not in any kind of file window. Previously it worked in the few programs I had installed but it doesn't any more. What could the issue be if the mouse itself isn't faulty?
>>
>>57057730
CPU seems fine.
8gb of ram is probably alright, but not at that clock speed. I would recommend buying new ram sticks, and if you have the budget for 16gb go ahead.
Your GPU is also pretty outdated. It doesn't seem like you play many games since you still have that card, but I still think you should pick up a budget card like a gtx 960 or an rx 470/480 since they should be relatively cheap.
I'm not familiar with that motherboard, but that usually isn't a bottleneck.
>>
>>57057746
>>57057782

Is there a list, of all these attributes?..with the meaning of what they do?
>>
>>57057883
The ones you listed are custom defined, you'll find what they do in the css file, probably at the top, looks like this
<link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet">
>http://www.w3schools.com/css/
>>
>>57057841
i am actually playing tons of games, infact.
The idea of upgrading initially came from the fact that i simply can no longer play games on the lowest low setting possible. (mainly ARK or even Rocket League)

Though I couldn't simply blame it on my graphic card alone because that would have been too easy.

So my course of action would be to pick appropriate cards and RAM sticks that my current motherboard supports and that my power supply can still manage?
And you sure about my CPU being fine? I always thought that anything lower than i7 is peasant tier?
>>
File: 2016-06-02 14.14.06.jpg (825KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-02 14.14.06.jpg
825KB, 2048x1536px
Does anyone know how if there a way to make tile tabs firefox addon work on firefox for android? Maybe there es a simmilar addon i can try?
>>
>>57057969
Most games don't make use of more than 4 threads, so there is barely a difference between i5 and i7 cpus for gaming.
I would recommend upgrading the CPU and getting more ram at a higher clock speed.
Make sure to check if your Mobo and PSU can support it as well.
>>
>>57057746
>>57057782
>>57057937

Ok, Many Thanks !!
>>
File: flatron_example.jpg (81KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
flatron_example.jpg
81KB, 1500x1500px
STUPID QUESTION COMING THROUGH

NEE NAW NEE NAW

Do most modern video games support 4:3?

Just thinking about if I built a PC for gaming. I have a monitor already but it's 4:3.
>>
>>57058033
I thank you dearly for your informational guidance!
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2Mgphq

any improvements? I already have an ssd+storage, and I won't overclock. my monitor is 1440@60
>>
>>57058082
A 1060 isn't really ideal fit that resolution, but the jump to a 1070 is a pretty large price spike.
I would recommend getting a cheaper CPU and case, and getting the 6gb 1060. Also, make sure that 450W is enough, because that seems a bit low.
>>
>>57058115
are there any bottlenecking considerations when going microatx, or just fewer expansion ports? They seem dirt cheap
>>
>>57058161
afaik the only downside to buying a matx would be less slots and shit. I don't think there is any kind of performance difference.
>>
File: Bez tytułu.png (9KB, 643x348px) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.png
9KB, 643x348px
How do I access wired internet? When I plug in the cable to the router nothing happens and my PC doesn't even know that it's plugged

Help
>>
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/vMQBvV

I'm looking to swap out the mobo and case, while hopefully keeping under $1k. Any suggestions?
>>
>>57056812
>>57057075
How about fedora?
>>
So i unistalled most of the windows bloatware,i am happy with the decision but in the process i unistalled the calculator,as well as the microsoft store,could you recommend me some calculator software,something simple like windows calculator.
>>
>>57056204
Tell employees to write them down in a small notebook they keep with them at all times

No joke, it's more convenient and secure than any password manager
>>
File: wtf.png (893B, 367x31px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
893B, 367x31px
Sublime on linux with terminus font.The italic part looks like complete dildos. What do I need to edit to get rid of italic altogether?

I googled it and all I got was:
>Open the .tmtheme file of the theme you're using:
>Go to Preferences > Color Scheme and find the checked one.
>Go to Preferences > Browse Packages and search for that name.

The problem is, there's no fucking .tmtheme files there (I did [ls -la] there and nothing).
>>
>>57058465
OK!

I got this far:

Used some kind of online tmtheme editor (tmtheme-editor.herokuapp.com/#!/editor/theme/Monokai) and saved the .tmtheme file in my User directory. Now it shows up in the Sublime menu for themes and the italics is gone! Hurray!!!
>>
I'm trying to convert an FLV file (using Handbrake) and it doesn't recognize any audio file, even though there is one.

Wat do?
>>
>>57057730
Hello, I just had a minor question concerning clockspeed that I had to cling to my initial question.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/index.de.asp
This is my motherboard

>Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2800+(OC)
I'd say that a genuine 16GB single channel wouldn't be possible so I should try to use double 8GB that actually supports DDR3?

>2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
So there are no problems to buy a GTX 1060?
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GAMING-GeForce-GTX-1060/dp/B01IEKYD5U
>>
>>57058443
>writing company passwords down and having employees carry them around
>secure
>>
>>57058731
What are you trying to convert it to?
>>
Will Microsoft come for my ass if I use the same copy of windows on multiple PCs?
>>
>>57058814

mp4
>>
>>57058824
Yes, my mother is in jail for installing it on her pc and laptop.

>>57058814
Tried webm for retards? it's just an ffmpeg wrapper, just change extension to mp4 in the output field.
>>
Is this a bad idea for a resume header?
>>
>>57058824
it would not activate
or you might call microsoft and hope they let both activate through because lazy..

just use activator, like KMSpico
>>
>>57058878
yes
extremely
people seeing your resume are not techies
they are mostly women from HR and hiring agencies

and please for the love of all thats free, call it linux not gnu linux when you will be doing in person interview,
it can be forgiven/overlooked on the CV, but not in the interview
>>
>>57058917
just guessing, but I think he's referring to the layout, not the content.
>>
>>57058973
he is most definitly reffering to whoami and cat
and even tech people from industry will see it as lame attempt to be cute that has been done over many times
HR will just see it as clutter
>>
Ubuntu or ubuntu gnome for beginner
>>
>>57058999
ubuntu
>>
>>57058991
had a sr. moment there, yeah that's definitely bad form to send it in like that.
can't speak to how the companies he's applying to work, but I got hired having an in, so my resume skipped HR completely.
>>
>studying cs
>have to do some ''general'' courses like history, american government
>they're harder than the actual cs courses
just end me
>>
I have a Nexus 5X that is on Android 7.0 Nougat, but I want to return to Marshmallow. I know Google has a page to download the factory images (https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images), but the problem is that I don't know which version I should download. Should I just download the latest version of Marshmallow?
>>
>>57057127
>What CD
>Preparing for the interview

I've never read anything so autistic in all my life, community sounds poisonous. Thanks anyway
>>
Why are there so many different measurements for power—hertz, amps, volts, watts, etc—and what the hell are the differences?
>>
>>57059358
why are you described by height and weight?
gogole those terms you listed
use simple wiki
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
>>
MiKTeX, proTeXt or TeXlive?

Or something else?
>>
What do you guys think about apps like fronto, shopkick or recipthog?
>>
File: martin-odersky-terminal-shirt.png (310KB, 512x600px) Image search: [Google]
martin-odersky-terminal-shirt.png
310KB, 512x600px
Where 2 cop this shirt?

>>57059147
I feel you. I'm in my last semester of school and probably going to fail public speaking 101. I'm not even bad at speaking, but there's so much other hard, horse-shit busywork to do in the class.
>>
File: 1.png (1KB, 972x431px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1KB, 972x431px
I'm selling a license key to a guy, and he is offering 90 dollars for it.

how do make the exchange, that is, how do he tranfer the money to me and i give him the licese key?

how does this things work?
>>
>>57059488
you meet, he gives you money, you give him the code, you stab him, take the code back

thats the usual tihng
>>
>>57059516
Tyrone! get back to your school work! you'll never graduate by age 35 if you keep niggering on the chans.
>>
hey /g/ , i have a problem with browsing in my windows 10 laptop , most browsers just dont work even tho it works on my cellphone and my dads laptop , it sometimes work but most of time browsing just doesnt work and even if it works it loads the sites in a very slow way , tor browser works a little bit better than other sites but for some reason tor browser is just slow on my pc . i googled the issue and all the solutions didnt work what should i do ?
>>57059358
hertz is for the frequency of the electricity , amps is for the intensity of electric current , volts is for the tension of the electricity , watts is for the power of the electricity
>>
>>57059488

Get the money up front. DO NOT give him the fucking key without payment, that would be insane.

Find a way of establishing trust. Do you have an eBay account with some positive feedback on there? Then the buyer knows they can trust you.

Or you could send him a photo with half of the key obscured.

But GET THE MONEY UP FRONT. NEVER give out a product with payment in front.

You *could* ask for half payment first, then half once you've given him the key, but i WOULDN'T recommend it. Don't get strong-armed mate. Stand your ground and ask for the payment in full first (as long as you are legit and you are actually going to deliver the product)
>>
>>57059516
he's not from my country, though
>>
>>57059537
>what should i do ?
run c cleaner
add more ram
install (or uninstall) ad blockers
>>
>>57059545
*NEVER give out a product WITHOUT payment up front.
>>
Why is my laptops battery life so poor.

I have a Thinkpad T420 that runs debian stable with i3

My battery life is incredibly poor. I can get 45 minutes to an hour tops before I need to charge it.

I have two batteries and they both last around the same amount of time.

I am running tlp but it hasn't done anything for me.

Typically I am running a web browser, a couple terminals, and a text editor.

Any ways that I can improve my battery life?

Is it my DE? Distro? or hardware?
>>
>>57059546
get the money first, send the code afterwards
not the other way around
because very likely someone is getting fucked in this exchange
most likely you if you give a working license first

or try doing sale through some 3rd party, ebay? amazon?
>>
File: scheissung.jpg (94KB, 449x577px) Image search: [Google]
scheissung.jpg
94KB, 449x577px
I'm trying to fix an LCD monitor, turns itself off and on. It works when i disconnect the backlight from the main board. Thing is there's not much to go on, caps are all solid and not blown, nothing looks fried, external power adapter works as intended. Is there a most likely culprit? I'm decent with soldering iron but not really know much about all those elements.

Or maybe it's the panel itself?
>>
>>57059558
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TLP
>>
>>57059570
but that raises the question:

if he send the money first, who guarantees that i will send him the license key?
>>
>>57059596
you sure the caps on the power supply part of the board, not seeing in the pic, are fine?
they are unlikely to be solid state and they are most often the ones blown
>>
>>57059610
no one, thats why I said someone is getting fucked in this exchange
but I would not risk that I would be the one fucked...

and whats the software?
sweeter the deal, more likely scam
>>
>>57059554
I dont really think that would work , i already renistalled my windows and cleaned the pc countless times
>>
File: please.jpg (49KB, 720x442px) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
49KB, 720x442px
>>57059428
Pleas guys, i want to get into the superior document-writing programs
>>
>>57059610
Can't you demand a refund or something If you pay with paypal?
>>
>>57059645
>superior document-writing programs
wtf is this supposed to mean?
>>
>>57059629
yeah, basically i'm from Europe and he's supposedly from US, because he's offering dollars.

Well, it's not actually a license key, its a ticket to a event (music concert) in my country
>>
>>57053795
What's the difference btwn vi and vim?
>>
>>57059668
LaTeX
>>
>>57053795
Is there any point in going through the hassle of installing Debian which requires downloading and installing drivers manually vs just installing Ubuntu?

Also, what are the common opinions on KDE and Cinnamon? And which DE is best for customization?
>>
>>57059680
vi is present on most of distros and is basic terrible editor with very strange workflow

vim is unlikely to be find with distros out of the box, contrary to claims of common morons, and is a huge improvement on vi
but still with the same awkward unnatural workflow

just use sublime
http://blog.andrewray.me/just-use-sublime-text/
>>
>>57059611
Took that one from the service manual but that is the entire board, there's nothing else. (PC monitor, not a TV). Power is supplied via external brick, laptop-like. The connectors on the left are for the button panel and backlight.
>>
How do I force my isp to switch me over to ipv6?
>>
>>57059637
>>57059637

Pls help me lads
>>
>>57059698
>Is there any point in going through the hassle of installing Debian which requires downloading and installing drivers manually vs just installing Ubuntu?
nope

>KDE
bright linux Qt future, but buggy

>Cinnamon
meh, its alright

>which DE is best for customization?
KDE I would say
>>
What are some good apps to earn money?
>>
>>57059726
try changing the brick for a different one with the same voltage, and same or higher wattage
>>
>>57059428
MiKTeX
>>
>>57059596
>>>/diy/
>>
>>57059753
Don't you find the design of KDE really ugly? I always thought Cinnamon was the least "engineered" looking DE aside from Unity.
>>
>>57059750
Check your hdd for errors
Preferably running some live cd not your OS
Hiren's boot CD with Victoria scan on board are my go to choices.
>>
>>57059743
anybody?
>>
File: 1476381878.png (52KB, 1185x735px) Image search: [Google]
1476381878.png
52KB, 1185x735px
>>57059537
>>57059750
your browsers are slow?
like firefox, explorer, chrome, opera?
all are slow how?
loading sites slow?
are they slow also with connected internet by cable? or just wifi?

what do you see in performance view in task manager
is cpu taxed high?
is network being used?

install linux
>>
>>57059597
I have tlp enabled and it does nothing
>>
>>57059799
threat to cancel their service if they don't change
>>
Doing my first bitcoin transfer

It's been 40 minutes

Still unverified

I understand that's not a big deal but it has -1 confirmations

Wat do
>>
>>57059813
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Powertop
>>
>>57059775
thanks anon
>>
>>57059821

Hold on, give me a couple second to verify that
>>
>>57059832
How can it have -1 confirmations? I don't understand at all

Just moving 5mbtc between wallets
>>
File: kde03.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kde03.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
>>57059783
kde is customizable, but I do find it ugly out of the box, especially task bar and kickoff menu
I am personally on i3wm, simple, straightforward, but not really customizable

> least "engineered" looking DE
I dunno what that means, least engineered
cinnamon is popular because its on ubuntu and it feels like windows
>>
>>57059843
have you tried this

https://www.blockonomics.co/
>>
File: 20161013_191245-1.jpg (1MB, 2582x1936px) Image search: [Google]
20161013_191245-1.jpg
1MB, 2582x1936px
>>57059804
All of them are slow and they just dont load the sites at all. When i restart the pc or connect it by an Ethernet cable things work well for like 15 minutes and than everything goes to shit i guess . i guess ill just install linux
>>
wat do if computer will not boot at random and it gets stuck in the motherboard screen?
>>
File: hdtune_fujitsu.png (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hdtune_fujitsu.png
62KB, 800x600px
>>57059893
do what other guy said, check hd with hdtune
http://www.hdtune.com/
>>
>>57059909
change power supply
>>
>>57059848
By engineered I mean it looks like a software engineer designed it. A design scheme where it's just the bare bones, and not in the nice minimalistic sense. Think GIMP vs Photoshop.
>>
I recently was given a free i3-550 with Intel HD graphics.

Which GPU is equivalent to it? I know that is shit but I got it for free so I plan to sell it.
>>
File: psensor.jpg (235KB, 1039x540px) Image search: [Google]
psensor.jpg
235KB, 1039x540px
Is there something wrong with my fan
>>
>>57060011
>Which GPU is equivalent to it?
err, none
weak integrated gpu is inside, barely enough for youtube
>>
>>57060011
GeForce 2MX
>>
>>57060026

Not true, I can play Skyrim on it and shit-tier games such LoL or Dota. The PC is not for me, I plan to sell it.

>>57060027

Thanks mate.
>>
>>57060027

Wait a sec. I just googled that shit and is truly ancient, how can I play fucking Skyrim then?
>>
has anyone seen the snowden movie? toughts?
>>
Just got a laptop for uni with win 10 on it. How do I save my privacy? I'd put Linux on it but I need Windows
>>
>>57060011
are you sure its not a i3 5500 or smthn
>>
File: pancakes.jpg (21KB, 463x483px) Image search: [Google]
pancakes.jpg
21KB, 463x483px
>>57060090
>>
Is the AOC G2460VQ6 good?
>>
>>57060103

Nope. An i3-550.
>>
Graphics assignment due tomorrow.
Any starting points for setting up OpenGL with C++ on Windows?
>>
How much does the performance of a HDD degrade over time? I have a 5 year old Macbook Pro which I recently upgraded with an SSD because it was slow as shit, but I'm going to replace it with a Thinkpad and give the Macbook to my girlfriend and reuse the SSD in my Thinkpad. Can I put a new HDD in the Macbook to save some dosh without it becoming unbearably slow or should I go with another SSD?
>>
>>57060097
Dual boot?
>>
>>57060139
leave the ssd in faggot
buy new ssd for thinkpad
ssds are life, ssds are love
>>
>>57060165
I just need to debloat the OS. I think a few months ago there was a guide here on /g/, but I can't seem to find it anymore
>>
>>57053795
I'm in the market for a good, portable, persistent linux, is porteus a good choice?
>>
>>57060185
My gf doesn't need 500 GB storage, I think I'll just buy a 250 GB SSD and put in the Macbook
>>
>>57060097
what do you need windows for? and don't say office cause google docs does all the same stuff plus has easy sharing/collaboration.
>>
File: 1436317812783.png (786KB, 1000x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1436317812783.png
786KB, 1000x1095px
>>57060190
>>
>>57060223
just dont be a dick that leaves her with hdd
her friend Johmarcus would not appreciate that
>>
>>57060230
It takes 3 hours by train to get from home to uni and 3 more hours to return, so I need to play games on it as well

>>57060263
Thanks anon
>>
I wanna dual boot linux and windows what is better for burning the iso , a usb drive or a dvd .
>>
>>57060513
usb deffo
use rufus to make the usb
>>
hi /sqt/, i'm trying to get a web interface for a torrent client to work
and it does work when i try to connect to it on my local network, but doesn't work when i try using my external IP.
as shown here, i've set up port forwarding, but still nothing

what can i do to get it to work?
>>
>>57060526
>>
>>57060570
derp, i forgot my pic and have left home now
anyway, i did set up port forwarding
>>
File: seriouslee.gif (808KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
seriouslee.gif
808KB, 207x207px
>>57060570
>as shown here

I was going to post my retardalert.gif but I'm trying not to be quite so cynical these days. I'm going to instead assume that you, like all other humans, make mistakes and simply forgot.
>>
File: 1462729751807.gif (236KB, 380x201px) Image search: [Google]
1462729751807.gif
236KB, 380x201px
What VM do you guys suggest for running windows on linux?
>>
>>57060746
I suggest a VM
>>
>>57060746
vmware paid license.
>>
How do I use my computers video card in virtual box? I'm trying to see why it won't shut down completely on the proprietary drivers when I used ubuntu as my main system.
>>
>>57056311
>>57056342
Thanks for the answers.

>>57058443
Thanks for the chuckle, retarded animal.
>>
i have home server (no external ip) and a vps with external ip, i want to connect to home using that vps, how would i do it? my thought was to connect to vps from home using that reverse option in ssh, but wont this limit me to one port? im still kinda processing ti but i dont see this other way aroud
>>
Anyone have Verizon FiOS? Father wants to get their 100/100 connection and also because they offer more HD channels than optimum. Does Verizon allow you to use your own wireless router? All of Verizon routers are absolutely garbage and Id like to keep using my dependable Linksys WRT 1200AC.
>>
i've got a shitty usb basic asus mouse that's around 10-15 years old
it works fine when moving it slowly, but when quickly flicking it the pointer spazzes out.
is there anything i can do to fix this, either at hardware or software level, or is it irreparably fucked?
>>
Where can I find a valid untouch Windows 10 Pro ISO? Already got a license, just need the installation media. Can't use the creation tool because I don't have a Windows machine to run it on.
>>
File: 1476390571697.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1476390571697.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
Anyone know what tablet this is?
>>
>>57061550
Give it back, Tyrese.
>>
>>57061550
Not yours I can tell
>>
File: 1474553921840.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1474553921840.png
64KB, 658x901px
I have to replace my motherboard. But how will my PC be affected if the motherboard is more modern than the gpu and cpu? "reverse bottleneck"?

gpu are 2 gtx 670 in SLI and cpu is i5 3570k
>>
>>57061550
give it back bill cosby
>>
File: fuckin magic_shrink.jpg (746KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin magic_shrink.jpg
746KB, 2080x1170px
>>57061434
do you have any working pc at all?
>if linux, build win7 vm and then use win10 tool to make iso

>>57061550
does it have a serial/model number on the back/side?
>>
ADSL is a data communications technology that enables faster data transmission over copper telephone lines,.....as it is known the technology that is used on the optical fiber??
>>
>>57061594
if its compatible, it will work good, if not, it wont work at all, simple as that
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 507x239px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 507x239px
Help, I can't connect to my bluetooth headset. It's working fine for my phone, but on the computer, I just can't click this option (I click but then nothing happens). Restarted my phone multiple times, removed and added the device several times, nothing seems to work.
>>
File: 1461344029774.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1461344029774.png
37KB, 658x662px
>>57061652
yea I figured it would work, but i just wondered what might be affected from having the motherboard be much more modern than the rest. Usually you upgrade the GPU and stuff and the MB stays "old"
>>
>>57061708
no such thing my nigga, there are standards for these things, if it says it will work with your shit then it means it will work
>>
Minus whale post in here too.

Should I get a 970 ssc+ for $180 or get one of the new 10*0 cards? I'm poor btw and still using a core 2 quad q8200 (might upgrade to a q9650)
>>
>>57053795
>>57060394
Anyone got some recommended introductory machine learning books that they swear by?

If possible:
Introductory
Intermediate
(articles)advanced

Mostly interested in the statistician aspect of the approach.
>>
I am a total moron and I applied to a job using an email address that for some god-awful reason has my online name attached to it. In the client it shows that name, but in thunderbird it shows the right name.

How fucked am I?
>>
Does 24/7 overclocking damage the CPU more than keeping it in base clockspeed?

I.e. should I keep the overclock only when playing games or so or does it matter if I just keep the overclock all the time?
>>
File: 1469896668913.jpg (6KB, 196x185px) Image search: [Google]
1469896668913.jpg
6KB, 196x185px
oh shit, i thought this was some htread on /v/, i was replaying to anons with shitposts but no one noticed
>>
>>57053795
What converters is "best" atm?
Like I want to strip Mp3 from youtube and downloading video isn't a problem, but all those fucking "Online Converters" strip audio in shit quality, even on those with good bitrate HD audio.

If I'm to get a "Offline" convert what is the best software to use?
>>
>>57061882
ffmpeg
>>
>>57061844
As long as it's not like Nigger Killer ([email protected]) or some dumb shit like that, just play it off as a mistake and provide them a more professional email.
>3/10, partially fucked
>>
>>57061916
>ffmpeg
I cannot use command lines. I need GUI.
>>
>>57061227
You could set your home server up as a Tor hidden service. Voila, free onion address. You could only access it via Tor, though.
>>
>>57061920
It's not the email address that's bad, it's the name it's associated with. And a simple google search will show the past like 7 years of terrible shit I've said and done online.
>>
>>57061937
tor is full of csi and its slow as fuck
>>
>>57061861
The clock speed will automatically scale depending on load
The voltage can be configured to scale with clock speed but this can cause instability sometimes
>>
How do i take screenshots with subtitles with MPC-HC?
>>
>>57061952
If that's the case, then yeah you're potentially fuckfucked. Pray they don't google it, then provide them the other email that's not going to use that pseudonym.

>>57061936
WebM for Retards, wrapper for ffmpeg cli
otherwise, have you tried vid2mp3.com?
>>
>>57061936
That's the point of using ffmpeg. You have total control over whether to make horrendous encodes or do it properly. You're going to have some kind of issue otherwise.

For simple stuff like the case you mentioned, can google "do thing ffmpeg" and the first few results are all you need. Actually, if that's all want to do, just get jdownloader 2, it downloads the highest bitrate AAC from youtube without the video.
>>
>>57061978
alt+I

you can change it by pressing o -> keys
>>
>>57061760
You can get a gtx 1060 3 gb for $200 new. That's currently the best deal for fps/$.
>>
>>57061686
Don't use whatever thing you're using.
>Find your BT Icon lower right corner
>Right click -> Add bluetooth device
>Set your BT headset to "Paring mode".
>Window pops up, let it find you BT device name
>Double click -> Let it connect.
>Once done, right click audio icon (Taskbar)
>Playback devices
>Your BT device should be shown listed in this new windows, if not right click and show disabled / disconnected devices
>Find you BT device and right click -> set default device.

If you can't find it, then windows doesn't have the required driver for your BT dongle or headset.
>>
>>57056735
Use Manjaro. Arch is the best distro, but faggots don't realize some tasks are tedious and should be automated for a reason. Arch is only for people that think they're better than everyone else because their installation took some more steps. Everyone else uses Manjaro.
>>
How do i download mp3 with youtube-dl
i tried youtube-dl -f mp3 (url) but it says format not available.
also best ide for java for ubuntu?
>>
>>57058397
Eh. They used to be the beginner distro I recommended, but they've done a very bad job moving from YUM to DNF package manager. Doing anything involving packages always turns needlessly complicated last I checked. Manjaro's better.
>>
File: apps.png (19KB, 441x522px) Image search: [Google]
apps.png
19KB, 441x522px
How do I add a default app/program to windows 10?
I want all video files to open in MPC-HC but can't find out how.
>>
>>57062055
Youtube doesn't use mp3
>>
>>57062065
>uninstall w10
>install win7
>>
>>57062070
how can i convert videos then is there any good program or something?
>>
>>57061962
>tor is full of csi and its slow as fuck
...he said, spreading fud and misinformation for some unknown reason.
>>
Can I mount an SD card in a tablet on Windows when it's already mounted on Android, with the tablet connected to the PC?
>>
>>57062120
Why do you want to convert it again and lose quality? Most players support AAC

ffmpeg will work though
>>
I3 6100 vs i5 4460
Which is better for gaymen
>>
>>57062107
Figured it out, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>57062311
depends on the game
>>
>>57062311
The 6100 is better.
It performs evenly or better in basically every game.
>>
>>57062141
man idk
>>
>>57062171
well i usually convert stuff to mp3 so i can put them on my gayphone using itunes, would ffmpeg work on iphone?
>>
is gentoo actually good? or is it a meme? thinking about using linux in addition to windows just cause im curious about it
>>
>>57061981
It seems like Thunderbird overwrote the name in browser with the right name. I think. I've tested it with a few people and it worked perfectly fine. But goddamn man, this could have and may yet still be a total disaster.
>>
>>57061993
Subtitles dont show up
>>
How easy is it to pirate Matlab? Any DRM or bullshit?
>>
>>57062401
itunes uses AAC for music from the store, its very well supported on apple devices
there's no reason to convert from youtube's native AAC to mp3
>>
>>57062458
alright thanks anon
>>
Every brand of SD card I've tried other than SanDisk has been total shit.
Are there any non-shit brands that aren't SanDisk?
>>
>>57061978
Help me out famurais
>>
What about i5 4460 vs i3 6300
Isnt the i3 overclokable and only 2 cores
>>
>>57062453
don't even bother
>>
>>57062648
Just go to >>>/g/pcbg
>>
Can somebody suggest a decent video editor to me? Preferably free. I'm getting really tired of sony vegas and want to use something else.

I heard Blender has one now. Is it good? How about lightworks?
>>
>>57053795
>>57062645
can i have and help pls
"Formerly I was using Videozonk, but I suppose its currently nonexistent. The program crashes upon startup. The website seems inaccessible.
I am going to completely uninstall it in a moment and try again, but assuming that I'll need a new program, which should I go with? I don't mind paying for a program within reason.
I only used this to pull music videos off YT for conversion into more assailable files types like WAVs. I have a couple music conversion programs, but none that pull videos off the internet.
What do /g/?"
>>
>>57062453
Extremely easy, had no issues with pirating it on Windows or no Linux.

Anyway here's my problem. My laptop sometimes behaves weirdly on battery. At random time the battery indicator suddenly drops to low battery levels (under 15%) and then it jumps back to normal levels after a few seconds. I have no idea what might be causing it or how to fix it. I've tried reinstalling the ACPI drivers but it didn't fix anything.
>>
>>57062765
ffmpeg
>>
File: Screenshot_20161013-181019.png (228KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161013-181019.png
228KB, 1080x1920px
Overchan: help me fix it? Always broken images
>>
>>57062813
...what is a BZ2 file and what do I do with it?
>>
File: google.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>57062884
>>
>>57062910
These filetypes are arduous and abyssal, and I am assuming the program itself is also like this. Are there are any other more surface level programs, that aren't shit? VZ was good but like I said, it is non-functional.
>>
>>57062973
>arduous and abyssal
Those filetypes are just archives,and have been around longer then you have been born.

Enjoy your plebeian continuance
>>
I have a 280x now, but I'm thinking about getting a better GPU and a 1440p monitor. I can get a Sapphire Nitro 390x for $175 or a Sapphire Fury $225. Should I pick one of those up or just wait for now?
>>
I'm new to Linux. Is there some shortcut for this:

>ls -la <path> to see what's inside the folder
>cd <path>

I'm looking for a shortcut that who reused the previous given path.
I think I saw !! somewhere to repeat the last command. Is there a command that would allow me to do:
>ls -la <path>
>cd !!
>>
Where is the thinkpad general?
>>
>>57063196
Try using the catalog.
>>
File: 1467190481095.jpg (165KB, 456x487px) Image search: [Google]
1467190481095.jpg
165KB, 456x487px
Do i have to be smart to program or web develop?
>>
File: installer.png (14KB, 321x503px) Image search: [Google]
installer.png
14KB, 321x503px
how do i avoid making this linux distro my main os on my hardrive
>>
>>57063502
no
>>
>>57063174
Wat??
>>
>>57063584
Dont install it
>>
>>57063638
is there anyway to ration out my hard drive and then install it on the ration
>>
File: g.png (269KB, 1421x630px) Image search: [Google]
g.png
269KB, 1421x630px
>>57053795

i decided to try out a new browswer and went with Midori which doesn't natively support flash. I dropped the dll file into the plugins folder and while /f/ technically works now, i can't open flashes in a new tab, only embed them on the page
>>
So Google maps is buggy, annoying, limits the amount of destinations on a route, and worst of all owned by Google.
Is there a better online maps service that offers directions? What do you use if not Google?
>>
>>57063823
maps.me
>>
>>57063823

Bing maps
>>
>>57063702
>make partition
>format partition
>install to partition
>select install from GRUB
is it really that hard?
>>
>>57063823
i use osmand, fully offline though
>>
>>57063823
A physical map
>>
Getting a Samsung 950 Pro M2 tomorrow.
My current system is installed on an SSD which isn't from Samsung.
So, can I still simply use the Data Migration tool from Samsung to clone my disk over to the M2 or will I require another program?
>>
EE or CS, wich is the smarter pick and why?
>>
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good IR receiver? I'm building an HTPC and using a universal remote, I just need something simple that works.
>>
File: tumblr_o9wpeeDKBh1saxfomo1_1280.jpg (318KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9wpeeDKBh1saxfomo1_1280.jpg
318KB, 848x1200px
Does anyone here run a service like email / ssh / webserver on their home network using dynamic dns?

what are the bills like and are people constantly trying to ddos you or anything?
>>
>>57064343
I set up an ssh server so move some shit around remotely with my phone and in 24 hours I has several thousand failed login attempts.
>>
>>57064190
EE of you can hack it, CS is you cant.
>>
>>57064343
Expose anything to WAN and you'll get hits from China, Russia, etc. I just ban those countries by IP range most of the time.
>>
>>57064374
same, and same

>>57064414
this.
>>
>>57064190
if you want to work with hardware/electronics then ee, otherwise cs
>>
File: 1401232266584.jpg (150KB, 1200x852px) Image search: [Google]
1401232266584.jpg
150KB, 1200x852px
I recently downgraded my iphone 6s from iOS 10 back to iOS 9 since 10 is shit.

Now, if I receive a text message, the notification won't appear on my lockscreen. Anyone know why? I tried disabling and re enabling it
>>
hey guys, i finally fixed my usb problem with deepin linux and now when i tried installing it it said it needs a partion even though i have the usb. How do i avoid this
>>
how do I learn about excel/spreadsheets? for exam
>>
I have a motherboard that won't display or power on the keyboard or mouse, but the heatsink fan runs and all the little lights on it turn on. Swapped out psu and ram and cpu same deal. Problem is when I bought it in to the shop they magically managed to get it to boot for me. What gives? I'm thinking of bringing it in again, but I don't want it to be another wasted trip and I really can't figure out what might be the issue.
>>
is sandboxie a good program for testing files before putting them on the pc?
>>
>>57065219
http://www.gcflearnfree.org/excelformulas/
>lmgtfy
>>
>>57065228
Try and remember anything different they might have done
>>
File: 1475025352419.jpg (80KB, 480x401px) Image search: [Google]
1475025352419.jpg
80KB, 480x401px
Looking to buy a laptop - When a laptop has a 500GB HDD and a 8GB SSD, is it correct to assume that just the OS is installed on the SSD so that it will boot faster? This wouldn't make it any more difficult to install an OS would it?
>>
Moto X Play has started freezing for a couple minutes when opening almost any app, and running choppily with some of them (just podcast apps basically). I didn't download or visit anything sketchy.

How can I find out what the problem is?
>>
New Thread

>>57065657
>>57065657
>>57065657
>>57065657
>>
>>57065635
On a chromebook yeah that would be the assumption
8GB isnt really gonna be enough for most OSes, although some lightweight linux distros would work.
>>
>>57065635
You're talking about a hybrid drive. You won't see them as separate drives when installing. The drive will automatically try to place the most used files on the 8gb slot, but that's not a lot of space to work with.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.