[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 40

File: question-mark-460863_640.jpg (24KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
question-mark-460863_640.jpg
24KB, 640x640px
Search engines can help you.
>Google
>DuckDuckGo
>Bing
>etc

Also, Wikipedia article. READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE.

Then come here to ask.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 674x160px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 674x160px
Reposting
>>
I've replaced by GPU after multiple hardware failure on my old setup. It's very new and I'm sure my drivers up to date. But during things like booting and waking from sleep mode, my screen is filled with vertical lines which I can clear up by click-dragging the cursor across the screen. Could be it be possible that my CPU might be damaged? (It's one of the few components which I haven't replaced throughout this whole clusterfuck)
>>
Caught up with all my assignments, and I wanted to convert one of my card game projects to something with a simple GUI (being able to move between text options on screen with the arrow keys and enter) and I don't know which library to use.

Here's the caveat: it has to be a library that's capable of being installed in visual studio 2015. We have to use that bullshit IDE to code in C or the TAs won't even look at it. I think originally I was looking into ncurses, but the windows version was super buggy.

TL;DR: Want to throw a super simple GUI on a card game programmed in C that needs to use visual studio.
>>
File: Fake tamagotchi speaker.jpg (3MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
Fake tamagotchi speaker.jpg
3MB, 4288x3216px
This speaker came from a fake tamagotchi many years ago. Is it worth to keep keeping it?
>>
Is there any good book / source for me to study and learn how to use Excel?
>>
File: Al-Elko-bad-caps-Wiki-07-02-17.jpg (89KB, 439x426px) Image search: [Google]
Al-Elko-bad-caps-Wiki-07-02-17.jpg
89KB, 439x426px
>>56947948
How old is your motherboard? Maybe it was too used and weared out. Like, leaked capacitors.
>>
>>56947957
Try first checking if it's not your OS causing the problem. What is it, and how many years are you using it? Have you already tried to format or use another HDD?

If the problem was CPU damaged, you would have problems on all activities you do, not only on booting. Everytime some area on your CPU was to be used, the PC would freeze, reboot, BSOD, etc.
>>
>>56948010
There are online courses, are you willing to pay?
>>
>>56947989
>something with a simple GUI

TUI is simpler than GUI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text-based_user_interface
>>
Windows 10 updated itself and now Chrome keeps freezing. What do?
>>
>>56948024

Every component (And I do mean every component, PSU, mobo, HDD + OS) has been replaced except for the CPU and RAM. It's a Piledriver which I have had for at least 2 years. Would you suggest a reformat/reinstall of Windows 7 to make sure it isn't an OS thing?

The last time I had something similar happen, I had persistent line artefacts which would not go away (Still functioned fine though) until I replaced the CPU.
>>
>>56948090
Uninstall Windows 10. It' shit.
>>
>>56948033

>Paying
>For knowledge

Hell no. I will start going after some jobs next year, and i constantly hear about how lots of jobs require knowledge on excel, so i would like to add that to my curriculum.
>>
noob unity game engine user here,

if there is not a lot of flexibility in creating models like a chair using unity's 3d objects (cube, sphere, etc) when there is a 3d modeling programs such as blender, what is the point of using unity's 3d objects? what are they used for?
>>
>>56948091
When you reinstalled Windows 7, did you installed from the same source? Maybe you torrented a bad version.

How about trying GNU/Linux too?
>>
>>56948099
But muh visual novels
>>
>>56948101
If you want to show to your boss that you know, you need a certificate. You would be paying for the certificate, not the knowledge.

If you don't want certificates, just torrent the course. Maybe there is something on >>>/t/ ?
>>
>>56948109
>When you reinstalled Windows 7, did you installed from the same source?
I used an official Wndows CD because I got tired of torrenting bad versions 2bh

>How about trying GNU/Linux too?
I have but it's not what I'm after at the moment (Crunchbang isn't exactly an ideal introduction to Linux)
>>
>>56948008
depends, you could use it as a pc speaker (for bios beeps)
or as part of an embedded/microcontroller project

these types of speakers are only really good for high frequency sounds
>>
>>56948115
If you keep Windows 10, you have to choose:
>a) Visual Novels without Google Chrome
>b) Google Chrome without Visual Novels
>c) kill yourself
What is your choice?
>>
File: Speakers.jpg (3MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
Speakers.jpg
3MB, 4288x3216px
>>56948126
>you could use it as a pc speaker (for bios beeps)
I already have proper ones, that I chose to keep, see.
>>
>>56948124
>I have but it's not what I'm after at the moment
It can help you to check if the problem is at OS/driver level. As it is another OS, with another drivers...
>>
>>56948132
Anon why are you so rude?
>>
Is the New Pixel phone worth buying?
>>
>>56948169
Why do you think I am rude, due to option C? I simply want that everyone that uses Microsoft Windows 10 Surveillance OS kill themselves, to save the world from this degeneracy.
>>
Is there really any point in locking my door? I am NEET and my room is right by the door, I can easily hear someone approaching but have never in many years of living here heard someone come up and test to see if the door was locked. So clearly it wouldn't have mattered.
>>
>>56948177
New phones in general aren't worth buying unless you're unsatisfied with some aspect of your old one, your old one is broken, or there is some specific hardware component of the new one that you just HAVE to have.

This meme of having to replace your phone every year or two just because a shiny new model came out is just bullshit designed to part you from your money though. Don't be fooled!
>>
>>56948290
>Is there really any point in locking my door?
The front door of your house?
>>
>>56948177
Do you need it?
>>
My router fucking hates my pc so much it refuses to give me any internet connection through the ethernet cable. Wifi on my phone works but I'm forced to fucking use tethering with usb cable to have any internet. I'm using windows 7.
>>
>>56948350
Yeah, people say you gonna get robbed if you don't lock it but like I said, nobody ever actually walks up and checks if it's locked, so what's the big deal?
>>
I'm on OSX 10.6.8. Is there any reason not to update to 10.11.6?
>>
>>56948365
Some nigga could be casing the neighborhood, watch you leave the house and notice you not reaching over to lock it, and come back to rob you later in the day. Not worth the risk.
>>
>>56948365
>people say you gonna get robbed if you don't lock it
You gonna get robbed it you lock too. It's not hard to unlock or bypass the locking.

> nobody ever actually walks up and checks if it's locked, so what's the big deal?
The big deal is fooling most people that your house can't be opened. Would you publish your address on the newspaper and say "my house is always opened"? No. You don't want people to discover it's always opened.

Even when locked, it's opened, because the locking isn't secure. But if it's locked, and someone try to open and can't, they go away. If they try and accomplish, they steal all your things.

You must succeed everytime, as only one time someone opens is enough for you to loose everything. For people robbing, they only have to succeed once.
>>
>>56948403
I think the issue is if you intentionally go out of your way to not lock it, you also invite opportunistic thieves alongside the ones who are determined enough to break/bypass the lock. As said before, someone could be watching you leave your house and it's not hard to tell that you didn't bother to lock up, and they could decide based on that alone t o rob you.
>>
>>56948361
>My router fucking hates my pc so much it refuses to give me any internet connection through the ethernet cable.
Why are you so sure it's router hatred? Maybe your cable isn't working properly. Have you already checked this possibility?
>>
>>56948407
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say. But I said more about random people trying randomly to open doors, instead of people watching the house owner to check if it locked the door.
>>
>>56948408
Tried it with the laptop, works perfectly fine. On the pc it's just saying identifying network, and now after reconnecting it fucking works. Fuck realtek drivers.
>>
>>56948450
Wait, the cable is now working again both on notebook and desktop?
>>
>>56948454
Yes, no idea why. Same thing happened some months ago, randomly got a no internet access, then I changed the cable's port to another and it worked...for 5 minutes, then I had to do the same thing again, sometime it will last 2 minutes, sometime 3 hours. I don't know why, maybe it's something in the settings. Thanks for the help!
>>
My start menu and search buttons aren't click able. Same goes for the little Windows icons at the bottom of the taskbar, like wireless connections and battery. I cam right click them though, and Win + X works. . Tried Get-AppxPackage blah blah via powers he'll, still no work.
>>
Hey I'm trying to crawl a website exclusively for it's images. If anyone has any experience in http crawling let me know
>>
Is there an foss alternative to airdroid?
>>
What torrent client is the least shit? Is µTorrent 2.2.1 still king? I need to find one for both Windows and Linux.
>>
>>56948567
get any torrent system, then torrent the premium version of utorrent
>>
I heard that there was a version of AdBlockPlus that even worked on websites like Kisscartoon that don't let ABP users view videos. What is it called? Something like AdBlockClassic I think it was.
>>
>>56948464
powers he'll lmao
sfc /scannow that bitch
>>
File: 61A+5ofM8RL._SL1400_.jpg (78KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
61A+5ofM8RL._SL1400_.jpg
78KB, 1400x1400px
>>56948462
Use a proper tester. It's a cheap thing. See this image, it's what you need. This way, you can check how the wires are ordered, and if one or more of them is having malfunctioning. OK?
>>
>>56947908
is there a chromium build for people who own a directx 9.0 card (and NOT directx 9.0c) with shader model 2 support? the latest version cant run the gpu process on my old dx9 card
>>
>>56948466
Hello. I can help you, but only with shell scripting. Are you using GNU/Linux?
>>
>>56948567
>What torrent client is the least shit?
Free as in freedom torrent clients. Like Deluge... I think it has a Windows version. Try >>>/g/fglt/
>>
>>56948849
Hello. I am OP and I have no idea.
>>
Is windows 10 ltsb good?
>>
>>56948923
>Windows
>10
>Windows 10
>good

No. It's a surveillance device.
>>
>>56948634
Werks for me with uBlock Origin. Though uMatrix may be blocking something as well
>>
>>56948832
I'll look into it.
>>
>>56948943
I was actually talking about the enterprise ltsb version. Apparently you can turn of telemetry on it.
>>
>>56948923
Windows 10 is garbage in general
>>
>>56948991
You can't turn it completely.
And telemetry isn't the only surveillance device inside this OS.
>>
>>56948979
OK. If the cable has any problem, you probably can fix it by crimping again. Don't throw it away!
>>
Will i really notice a difference between 5ms response time and 1ms?
I'm looking at a new screen and there's a sale on some stuff so an IPS monitor is pretty cheap, it has 5ms and another TN screen for just slightly less has 1ms.
>>
>>56949059
Maybe if you play very fast paced games
>>
I used to be able to charge my tablet when it was on and plugged-in, now I cannot. Also, it's been charging excruciatingly slowly in general and dropping in charge % really quickly in the few minutes I did use it yesterday.

Based on the above info, is my tablet's battery dying? I downloaded a battery health check thing from the Play store though and it said my battery was in good health. Is there anything I can do to make my battery stop cockblocking me in this regard besides the blatantly BS stuff of microwaving my tablet?
>>
>>56949121
I'm too slow for that anyway. I'll mostly play games or watch movies or series, no photo/video editing ever.
>>
Is there any way to determine the size of an x86 instruction without knowing the instruction? I'm trying to make a micro-disassembler, as i only need to do stuff with jumps and compares and would like to ignore everything else.
>>
>>56949183
>I used to be able to charge my tablet when it was on and plugged-in, now I cannot.

I'm sorry, to clarify what I meant by this was, if my tablet is on, it will lose charge % no matter what, even if it were plugged-in and its battery icon on-screen displays it is charging. I used to be able to use the tablet while plugged-in and it would eventually reach 100% charge. Now, it just not-even-so-slowly diminishes...

And by the way a thread or so ago I asked about the Nexus 9 >>56935890, and I'm still wondering if it's the best tablet on the market right now even though it's discontinued. It was discontinued in April but the wiki in /g/'s sticky still only has one android tablet listed as a rec, and that is it... but it's 1,000 CAD on Amazon right now, so...
>>
>>56949059
thats pure marketing, each company sets an specific way of measuring the delay so that they can show off the lowest ms possible
go to displaylag.com to see real display lag of screens
1ms in reality is only possible with CRTs
>>
is there a big difference in need of ram between win10 and el capitan? assuming you use similar, if not identical, software
>>
>>56948634
uBlock Origin
>>
I want to get an rx 480. Should i do it now or wait for cyber monday on amazon? I'm in europe btw
>>
>>56949312
RX 470 is better value
if you want to squeeze every bit of performance out of your hard-earned cash get either the RX 470 or the GTX 1060
>>
How do I force my Z87-PRO to activate its built-in bluetooth when I boot with the toshiba bluetooth stack installed?
the only way to make it work is to roll back my drivers which activates my bluetooth and then install it again everytime I boot my PC
>>
I have here this tower fan whose spinning cylinder does not spins anymore. Is it worth to fix?
>>
File: XbW44Ih.jpg (264KB, 1024x1005px) Image search: [Google]
XbW44Ih.jpg
264KB, 1024x1005px
>>56947908
I connected to my android phone using adb shell and found directory named "teesst" in phones root. It is owned and accessible only by root user. I have never rooted this phone. Should I be mildly concerned? If yes, what do?
>>
What's better for unstable framerates at videogames? capping the framerate or using vsync?
>>
>be me yesterday
>install windows
>everything works fine
>boot up today
>try to download 4 bigfiles in chrome at once
>network activity drops to 0%
>after few seconds everything freezez and i have to hard restart
Should i have installed antivirus? Or did one of 124 updates downloaded yesterday fucked up my system?
>>
can someone recommend a video editing program (please not ffmpeg) that allows you to enter chapters or tags by typing the exact time, and then allows you to split by those times?
i used free video editor, it allows you to add tags, but only by clicking on the timeline or adding tags manually as you watch
>>
>>56949487
vsync can add inputlag so if you dont actually have any tearing dont use it
>>
>>56949333
Just change the geared motor at the bottom.
>>
How hard is discrete math? I'm pretty bad at math and can choose between discrete math or statistics, dunno which one to take.
Wanted to study it anyways after I go through a few books, but I'm worried about failing
>>
File: IMG_20161004_161048.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161004_161048.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>56948091
Have you used a memtest to make sure its not the ram?
Pic not related me in the server room of a feminist ngo
>>
File: Q0ft24r.png (36KB, 1712x354px) Image search: [Google]
Q0ft24r.png
36KB, 1712x354px
Trying to rice my 4chan.

In the custom CSS how do you identify/change a highlighted post like pic related.

You can see everything else is fine but when a post is highlighted it switches off the custom css and uses default yotsuba b or whatever.
>>
>>56949784
click no.
>>
>>56949852
What now?
>>
After copying a file or two my external hdd locks up with 100% activity at 0 speed and completely drops out after 30 seconds in that state. Only reboot lets me access a few more files.
Anyone encountered anything similar? Can it be software issue or is my hdd fucked?
>>
File: VpNjDnh.png (138KB, 1830x981px) Image search: [Google]
VpNjDnh.png
138KB, 1830x981px
>>56949852
>>
I just got a new laptop with legit windows 10 on it and want to do a clean reinstall without all the manufacturer shit.

If I format it completely then reinstall windows from a usb drive is it going to activate automatically or do I need to dump the product key before?
>>
Okay so I have a router connected to the internet. In order to connect a few other devices in a different part of my home I have another router connected in access point mode to one of the LAN ports on the primary router.

Is it possible to set up the secondary router to have its own DHCP server? This would come in to play when the primary router is switched off - in which case currently none of the devices on the secondary network are able to communicate.
>>
>>56949784
If you use chromium and it's a javascript hover, like in this case you can do the following:
>hover the element
>press F8 to pause script execution
>Ctrl-Shift-C to inspect element
>Click on highlighted box
>at Elements>Styles you have the CSS rules
No idea if it works in other browsers
>>
ok so my TV is doing this. it is a soniq 42 inch LED LCD. I have no idea how I might go about fixing this, would I replace the t-con board or whatever? or is there a way to reset the settings (one of my other soniq tvs had some issue where I had to reset the settings and it fixed it).

I don't have the remote.
>>
>>56947908
>etc
Where do I find this search engine?
>>
>>56949998
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=etc+search+engine
>>
I have pic related as a cooler and want to replace the pre applied thermal paste with Thermal Grizzlys Kryonaut. Should I wipe the old one of the heatsink and put the new on like the old one or just put a dot on the cpu?
>>
>>56950022
wipe it off.

If you don't you'll have too much paste total, which will decrease performance, by a tiny unnoticeable margin. The preapplied stuff is kind of harder but should wipe away fairly easily
>>
File: BnQrQ9Z[1].jpg (280KB, 1685x642px) Image search: [Google]
BnQrQ9Z[1].jpg
280KB, 1685x642px
Router/modem combo died, so I had to reset it & lost all the settings

is there something other than portforwarding I need to do to host servers?
Turned off the firewalls when testing so they shouldn't impact it either
>>
Any (reliable) specs on the new macbook?
>>
>>56950022
>>56950029
Silver has a solvent+ purifier for like 10 bucks.Works flawless
>>
>>56950047
Didn't check pic. There shouldn't be anything else really as far as the router/modem are concerned. Try enabling upnp?
>>
>>56949486
Cellphones are not secure devices, you should always be concerned, even if no evidence is found.
>>
>>56949513
Have you installed all updates to date? Maybe there are more that only appears after you installed the 124 before.
>>
>>56949888
Check information about UEFI. It can prevent you from using anything other than Windows 10.
>>
File: 7UIhxN0.png (95KB, 1123x941px) Image search: [Google]
7UIhxN0.png
95KB, 1123x941px
>>56949959
Dude I would sell you my daughter if I had one.

I knew how to inspect elements but I guess i was overlooking it until I checked again after you told me.

It was .reply:target (normal replies are obviously just .reply)

Cheers
>>
>>56949894
>Okay so I have a router connected to the internet.
You mean, a modem?
>>
>>56950167
Of course, yes.
>>
>>56949894
>This would come in to play when the primary router is switched off - in which case currently none of the devices on the secondary network are able to communicate.
They can't connect themselves through the router? But it's LAN, isn't? Why they can't use the LAN?
>>
>>56949894
Can't you just look at the AP's settings and see if DHCP is an option?

I think traditionally a wireless AP would not be able to do this because it is not routing between two subnets, it more or less just acts like a wireless switch.

But with home "wireless routers" they kind of do everything. So this wireless router thats in "AP mode" might still be able to do DHCP.

Id just test by messing around in the wireless router's settings and trying to enable it and then just unplugging the ethernet cord leading back to the first router. Then all the clients should still be connected wirelessly but have no internet access. Then do a release/renew and see if they get assigned IP addresses.

If they do, it means the wireless access point gave them an address (with DHCP) if not, then you suck.
>>
On W7 using FF44, and for some reason, YT comment buttons like "View More" are fucked. "View More Replies" probably works 5% of the time and if someone types a long paragaph, it is cut off like so.

Is it my ABP filters being screwy?
>>
>>56950218
js
>>
>>56950218
Well you could disable ABP, refresh the page and then see if its still happening.

Then you'd know if it was ABP
>>
>>56949513

Are you, by any chance, using any internet banking service recently?

I am not sure about how other banks around the world works, but mine demands me to install a "security module plugin" to access my account from my computer, and i shit you not, i have had viruses less intrusive and annoying than that. It would randomly completely freeze HD activity about 3 times a day for fuck reason, pretty much locking the computer for around 5 minutes.

Uninstalling it solved the problem, but it was hard to do so, it wouldnt be unninstalled by normal ways, and replicate itself if i tried to delete / kill it. It had to be done on repair mode
>>
My PC components should arrive tonight, first time build.

Any secrets for when I get everything connected and inevitably it doesn't boot?
>>
>>56950206
Because with the primary router/modem switched off, there isn't any DHCP and thus nothing gets an IP address.

>>56950216
I did, and it doesn't seem to appear as an option in AP mode, it does show up in WAN mode though but as far as I understand that's for cable connections (PPoE etc) and can't be used to connect to another LAN.

Yeah it seems to basically just be working as a switch; they do maintain their IPs as given by the primary device once it is switched off, however on renew they don't get assigned addresses, unfortunately. I guess I suck
>>
>>56950216
>But with home "wireless routers" they kind of do everything. So this wireless router thats in "AP mode" might still be able to do DHCP.
My home router can do DHCP. But I don't see how this would be useful to me.
>>
File: chr.png (59KB, 577x681px) Image search: [Google]
chr.png
59KB, 577x681px
I'm using ungoogled-chromium and the spellcheck doesn't work, even though everything seems to be in order. Is it just because of the "ungoogled" part?
>>
>>56950244
Come back here to get help, friend.
>>
>>56949513
Sounds like a fluke.

Or a driver problem. Id make sure your nic drivers are the latest (not the default windows ones).

If it doesn't happen again then probably just forget about it.

It's pretty hard to get a virus unknowingly.
>>
>>56949203
Bump
>>
>>56950244
>Any secrets for when I get everything connected and inevitably it doesn't boot?
If I could tell you, they wouldn't be secrets, right?
>>
How do I make Firefox forget all my saved passwords (without uninstalling it)? I already performed a clean reboot and deleted all browsing data but they're still there
>>
>>56950244
put the red wires in the red holes
put the blue wires in the blue holes
put the green wires in the green holes
>>
>>56950247
>Because with the primary router/modem switched off, there isn't any DHCP and thus nothing gets an IP address.
Why can't the second router deal with this situation alone? Is DHCP the only way devices can connect on LAN?
>>
>>56950272
tbqh that doesn't sound like a very "stupid" question and beyond the scope of most of this thread.

Maybe trying the /dpt/?
>>
>>56950259
It is disabled because it sends every word you type to the google servers for correction
>>
>>56950273
:o)
>>
>>56950244

you recheck the cables.

Also try do it part by part. Put the Processor, the ram and the Power supply on the mother board, and check in the manual if the beeps are correct. Then put another piece, check again.

Do the HDD/SSD last.
>>
>>56950302
Yeah I figured so, thanks. Any trustworthy spellchecking addons or something? English isn't my first language so I kind of need it.
>>
>>56950325
None that i have ever found. There are extensions but they are all shit and 99% send every thing to their server,defeating the point
>>
>>56950337
>>56950325

Do Office spell check send it to MS also, or this one is safer?
>>
>>56950307
This is actually a great idea thanks a lot man!
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 1064x536px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 1064x536px
>>56950247
Thats what an access point is m8.

The two options you have are:
1. Install a DHCP server on one of the wireless clients (google, its just a program that runs in the background on your computer listening for DHCP requests) and it will give the other clients IP addresses. There might some playing around to get it to act as a failover and not take over the main DHCP server (Probably something simple as just pointing it to the IP of the first router and when it doesnt detect the router it acts on its own)

2. Take the wireless router out of AP mode and let it act as a wireless router. Which will put the wireless clients on a different subnet. May or may not work for you. This is what I'd do.
>>
>>56950244

This
>>56950261

You might be a little surprised by the force it takes to seat the RAM and/or CPU cooler. But it's aight you'll be fine.

A tip with the ram is to push the ram downwards while simultaneously pressing the two latches on the ends closed (you'll understand when you're looking at it in person)
>>
One more thing, how do you power the power/HDD access lights?

It seems impossible to find a building tutorial on YouTube that doesnt just give up once you get power to the motherboard and hard drive.

"Just do some cable management and your set :^)))))"
>>
>>56950401
Those plastic latches are called RAM jaws. You close the jaws on the RAM while you're putting it in.
>>
>>56950372
> 1. Install a DHCP server on one of the wireless clients (google, its just a program that runs in the background on your computer listening for DHCP requests)
This is exactly the kind of thing I was wondering if you could do! I'll look into that thanks.

The different subnet thing wouldn't work out since some of the devices need internet connection unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for your help.
>>
>>56950277
Configurations. Check the burger menu.
>>
>>56950350
Everything is sent to Microsoft on Windows 10. Use free as in freedom software.
>>
>>56950405
This one can be tricky

Your case has the little wires that go to the front called front panel connectors. Your motherboard has pins on it (usually at the bottom) that will say where to plug which front panel connectors.

This is where the motherboard manual comes in handy, it will have a diagram for which cables go where.

Also you won't be able to power on the system until you plug the power button front panel connector in because that goes to the power switch, although all the power switch does is connect the two specified pins into a complete circuit when its pressed. So if you look in the motherboard manual and find which two pins are for the power button, you can just connect those two pins with the tip of your screwdriver to complete the circuit and turn the computer on to test if everythings running.

Also don't forget some power supplies have switches on the back. So if you try to turn your system on and it doesnt power on dont forget to check that.... Scared me my first time
>>
>>56950153
I already figured out the secure boot shit and installed fedora on it.

I just want to know if I need to save anything on the manufacture install before doing a clean wipe and installing from an iso.
>>
>>56950405
Read the fucking manual of the motherboard
>>
File: wifi-1290667_640.png (52KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
wifi-1290667_640.png
52KB, 640x462px
I gave my Wi-Fi network the number of my house, like "House 123". Is this OK? This could lead me to trouble?
>>
>>56950485
Why would you do that?
>>
>>56950415
The wireless router will route all traffic to the first router and they will have internet.

Internet connectivity isnt a problem. But they techincally wont be on the same LAN anymore is all which honestly isnt a big deal.

The downside with running the DHCP program on one of the wireless clients is now that computer always has to be on. But if thats not a problem id go for it. Make sure to unblock the DHCP ports in your firewall
>>
File: 5750329264070018257-account_id=2.jpg (234KB, 1532x2048px) Image search: [Google]
5750329264070018257-account_id=2.jpg
234KB, 1532x2048px
>>56950462
>>56950405
Heres a picture of my manual

So the bottom two pins is where id connect the hdd led connectors.

Something to note about the LED connectors is they only work in one direction. So if you put it on and it doesnt light up, just flip the connector around (its why theres a + and - labelled in the manual) you can flip it around while the comptuer is running, and it doesnt hurt anything if you put it on backwards first so dont worry.

This isnt a problem with the power switch and reset switch connectors since all they do is connect the pins together when you press the switch.
>>
>>56950485
I mean it makes it do people can say "hey this wireless network must belong to this house"

It's not necessarily bad, but its not good in any way.

I'd change it desu
>>
>>56950462
Alright.

I'm sure it'll make sense once I have all the components and the manual.
>>
>>56950541
>>56950462
>>56950405
Also there will be unused pins (like the chasis intrusion one) dont worry about that)
>>
>>56950569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6q4h-lNHrU

Here you go faggot.
>>
>>56950485
You should have fun with your WiFi names, I cycle every week.
Currently Big Dick Nicks.
>>
Is there any userscript extension for Chrome/Chromium that respects my freedumbs?
>>
I have a rooted device and can not use a mobile banking app.
Do you think it is worth it to buy a small phone or tablet and bank with it?
What should I do?
>>
>>56950098
Is it possible my router/modem doesn't have that?
http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Sagem/Fast_3464/default.htm

Actually, it seems like it's already enabled?
By default the modem has a UPnP IGD profile and I don't see how to disable it.
EDIT: actually it's possible by logging first as admin then entering the pseudo-URL "javascript:mimic_button('goto: 900..')"
>>
>>56950832
Just hide the root
>>
>>56950832
don't they have a web-based system available? just use a browser
>>
>>56950505
If someone thinks about breaking my connection, they will know who is the owner, so they can't use any lame excuse to say they didn't already knew I am the owner and they invaded my connection.
>>
How do I encrypt a usb in Linux and would it be possible to decrypt it in Windows or would I always need to use Linux to access the files?
>>
File: Untitled.png (10KB, 655x207px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 655x207px
Not sure how this happened but I can't seem to find any that isnt infested with malware
>>
>>56947908
i cant boot my computer without the windows 7 disk even after i installed it, ive tried the repair thing but that didnt seem to work
>>
>>56950972
Seems like a pretty silly reason
>>
Where can i get compressed air that's actual fucking air?
I don't want to accidentally inhale butane
>>
I want to use my raspberry pi 3 b with OpenVPN, someone got a guide that is up to date? I've seen various but many of them are outdated.
>>
any good resources on running a home server?
>>
>>56948090
Use ShutUp10 to stop updating itself. On my last update, Windows 10 fucked up my anti-virus and didn't let software connect to the internet (steam, battlenet, spotify, etc).
>>
File: 2016-10-06_17-51-51.png (51KB, 630x417px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-06_17-51-51.png
51KB, 630x417px
Is there a way to remove the new shit start menu?
>>
Help

I cant add boarda in clover, it says board code not recognised. This is on a fresh install trying to add any board
>>
>>56951277
Dashchan doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>56950557
>It's not necessarily bad, but its not good in any way.
A girl came to my door to ask me the password. If I wanted sex, I could invite her to come in.
>>
>>56947908
Why doesn't bsd use systemd?

Can what bsd uses instead be used in a Linux distro?
>>
>>56951028
OK.
>>
>>56950612
I'm thinking about this possibility. Something involving NSA.
>>
>>56951035
People prefer to break networks with default names. When you give your address, you're defying them...
>Are you MACHO enough to break into my network??? See that MACHO at House 123. He is gonna break your bones if you break his connection. Be afraid of his power!!!
>>
How does amazon make money with all that free shipping?

I know prime but, there is no prime in our amazon.
>>
>>56951332
I am OP and I have no idea.
>>
>>56951396
Loss leader probs.
>>
Dear /sqt/.

Im about to move my drives from old to new PC. One of them contains Windows 7, on another I made 250gb partition that will house Windows 10 (Edu).

1) Do I need any other stepps to be able to dualboot 7 and 10 on new machine?
2) I dropped on usb stick installers for most basic software (codec pack with Media Player Classic, Libreoffice, WinPython, FreeCommander, ImageGlass, Firefox, Winrar, CCleaner, Avast, Evince). Is there something Im missing?
3)What good alternatives exist for Avast in case of free AV software? Please dont go with somewhat popular "common sense + Malwarebytes scans", I want one with real-time protection, just in case.
4) What good and lightweight image viewer exists other than ImageGlass? The problem I have with it is that I want to browse images in the same order as they are in folder I browse and ImageGlass instead use fixed setting (without option to view by modification date). It also have around 1 second delay when changing images, at least on my laptop.

Thank you for replies, like always.
>>
>>56951006
Anyone?
>>
>>56951396
Actual shipping cost is greatly reduced though surepost (UPS) and smartpost (FedEx) where the final leg is delivered by USPS.
Large volume shipping contracts with the above mentioned are negotiated down to also help to reduce WWWWcost.
>>
File: 1475553058043.jpg (328KB, 600x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1475553058043.jpg
328KB, 600x1020px
>>56947908
Looking for retard guide to flash my uk GS7

Using pajeet super ROM at the moment but want to sell so will flash back to factory settings

But Odin keys giving me errors while flashing (MD5 hash is invalid)
>>
>>56951465
Honeyview can sort by the same settings as windows explorer (name, date, file size, etc)

as for the first one there is more I think. Google MBR dual boot or something.
>>
>>56951515
I am OP and I don't know.
>>
File: broken-window.jpg (15KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
broken-window.jpg
15KB, 300x235px
>>56951465
>will house Windows 10
>>
I'm trying to install linux on my new laptop and I've disabled secure boot and it wants me to add the usb as a boot option. When I try to do so it asks me to pick a particular file. What do I do?
>>
just bought a second hand t420

how can i check if theres anything malicious left on there by the previous owner?
>>
File: 3sGzBD0.png (397KB, 402x593px) Image search: [Google]
3sGzBD0.png
397KB, 402x593px
Why is captcha so fucking stupid.

Is this lamp a street sign?
>>
>>56951296
Wow dash chans actually pretty neat.

A few questions though can i change the color and can i get it to load the catalog by default instead of page 1?
>>
>>56951579
start over
>>
>>56951591
>If there are none, click skip.
>>
>>56951613
Thanks
>>
>>56951560

I know what Im doing, I spend enough time reading various articles from different sources, using it at my PC at work, then on my laptop and now Im about to get it on desktop.
>>
What do you guys think of this build?
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/RQymCy

I've got all the other stuff (PSU/GPU and so on)
>>
File: Superior craftsmanship.jpg (139KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Superior craftsmanship.jpg
139KB, 960x960px
I'm trying to run some mp4 > mp3 conversions through AVC for my phone, but recent conversions end the mp3 a second early for some reason, and I can't find any answers via google or bing. Is there a trick to this, or should I go poorfag shopping for new vid to audio converters?
>>
Will computer science cease to be a meme degree in 4 years?

I'm going to college and I don't want to be without a job. Thinking either compsci or Business.
>>
>>56951629
This is /sqt/ not 'reading comprehension thread'
>>
>>56951653
Get a GA-Z170X-UD5, you got a high end CPU get a high end motherboard.
Get a 240GB SSD, 120GB is not enough.

Also a good HSF like a NH-D15.
>>
just installed fresh babies-first debian, and i am curious why sudo does not work with my non-root user account...

i.e.
sudo apt-get update

then,

[sudo] password for username

then, i input password but get this error

username is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

the fug didn't have this with cuckbuntu what do?
>>
>>56951679
>Get a GA-Z170X-UD5
Are the Gigabyte good now? I always pick ASUS boards a may give gigabyte a try.

>Get a 240GB SSD, 120GB is not enough.
I have 2 SSDs already I just wanted to get a m.2 for OS (one or two games).

>Also a good HSF like a NH-D15.
I have a nice closed loop
>>
>>56951753
login as root and add user to sudoers file
>>
>>56951753
edit /etc/sudoers while logged as root
>>
File: 06-paŸdziernika-2016_18-41.png (107KB, 1296x1000px) Image search: [Google]
06-paŸdziernika-2016_18-41.png
107KB, 1296x1000px
>>56949513
How are nic drivers related to it? i always have been using windows ones.
I forgot to mention that all this crap only happens on ssd. Im using it since yesterday. I had HDD as a system drive for years and never had such problem.
guys i installed different copy of windows (from instalgentoo wikia) and it crashes too.
It looks like SSD stopped responding or otherwise isn't responding. Like it have been disconnected or something.
Thats weird because yesterday i have played dota for straight 2 or 3 hours and had no problems.
I thought my sata controller might be overheated but it can't be it because I copied other stuff between 4 HDDs at the same time and there was no problem. It only freezes my system when i download something from chrome. But that might be just a coincidence.
HDD tune pro don't show any signs of malfunction. everything is ok
>>
>>56951657
> not using ffmpeg
Seriously stop using AVC, it's crap
>>
>>56951854
>>56951856
thanks pretty simple just a headache if you are not used to it
>>
>>56951753
$ sudo adduser <username> sudo
as root, then relog
>>
>>56951773
Yes, UD5 is a nice end tier motherboard.
For both 1150 and 1151.

120GB is enough for OS only, but size adds up eventually because the users folders.
>>
>>56951876
Maybe there is some kind of log that will tell me what is going wrong.
>>
>>56950161
if shes a feminist feel free to send her
>>
File: 1473704836549.png (10KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
1473704836549.png
10KB, 284x178px
What is a good mp3/flac downloading site? (except rutracker)
>>
>>56951006
Not on a block level.
You could encrypt files/folders using pgp, and then decrypt it on windows to access the data
>>
>>56952091
>>>/g/ptg/
>>
>>56951385
You're just retarded
>>
>>56951277
are you the retard from yesterday?
add:
/g/

done
>>
I made the switch to Firefox on Ubuntu 16.04, and CANNOT get HTML5 videos of any kind to play. No idea why. I feel like I'm overlooking something stupid. How autistic am I, /g/?
>>
>>56951915
>users folders.
They go on the platter.........
>>
>>56952091
Soulseek
>>
>>56951890
what is difference between what you said and

usermod -a -G sudo <username>

???? also please explain the group thing should i be worred? is your way the best way?

:)
>>
I want to plug two inputs to a Denon M-39 (I don't need the input to be simultaneous).
The Denon have a Digital connector and RCA connector. There's already something on the RCA, so I got a jack to digital cable but it doesn't work (it displays "Signal unlock"). What solution should i seek?
>>
I heard that Windows 10 created as much as 4 partitions during installation (Recovery, System (EFI), MSR and Primary one, which holds the system).

Does it mean that I wont be able to install it on a drive having other two partitions or I will lose them during the installation?
>>
>>56951465
That's quite a project. The first thing you'll want to do is boot up 7 in the new computer and see if it's able to repair itself. Then see if your current windows 7 install is set up as GPT/ UEFI or MBR/Bios an set up win10 the same way. The windows 10 installation should hopefully detect 7 and set up everything automatically with a dualboot option. Ninite does most of your initial installations. XNview and honeyview are both good image viewers.

>>56952151
Should be pretty much automatic. Have you tried the 'HTML5 Video Everywhere!' Addon?

>>56951876
You're mixing up a lot of things that don't have anything to do with each other. Your problem probably has to do with your reinstallation of windows. Sometimes it just goes down wrong. If you have a system restore point I would take it back to before you installed any updates, and skip all optional updates this time around. Also wouldn't hurt to download your networking drivers directly from the manufacturer website.

Also verify the checksum of your windows ISO and check the health of your SSD.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161006-133329.png (909KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161006-133329.png
909KB, 1440x2560px
Seller says it's worth $1800.
Selling for $1300.
Is this laptop for $1000 a good deal?
>>
>>56952272
man sudo

I use debian, I use that command. It works.
>>
>>56952499
I thought it should be automatic, too... which is why idk what I'm missing. But youtube videos and others just sit there and load and load and load and don't play.
>>
>>56952521
>alienware

No.
>>
>>56952499

>Then see if your current windows 7 install is set up as GPT/ UEFI or MBR/Bios an set up win10 the same way.

Forgive the stupid question, but how do I do that?

My Windows 7 was installed around 6 years ago, if that helps. I dont think it use this UEFI thing due to age of my motherboard.
>>
>>56952570
Yeah, but look at the specs of the computer. Disregard the haterd for the brand.
>>
>>56947908
What's the best graphing calculator? I need one for uni and I don't want to pay for some piece of shit.
>>
>>56952774
HP49G
>>
>>56952151
Try the addon. Otherwise I'd guess it's a networking issue. You could also take a stab at installing flash, although it's not an ideal solution

https://github.com/i-rinat/freshplayerplugin

>>56952604
>I dont think it use this UEFI thing due to age of my motherboard.

Probably not, but it's not hard to check

http://www.howtogeek.com/245610/how-to-check-if-a-disk-uses-gpt-or-mbr-and-how-to-convert-between-the-two/

>>56952619
Brand is a consideration though. You pick a bad brand and it affects the reliability and longevity of a laptop. That is good hardware for a laptop, but it's also pretty pricey, especially for a used one, and that's before you put an SSD in it. I'd ask for the model number and look around to compare prices.
>>
>>56952774
TI Nspire CX CAS

It's literally perfect
>>
>>56952499
Thanks for the reply.
I changed ahci to ide in bios and power/data cables. So far its all okay.
You might be right. When i plugged ssd to the same PC running Win7 on other hdd i had no disconnections or other problems with ssd. I copied a lot of data on/from it so i would have notice any problems.
Im 80% sure software is at fault here. But since I have really old mobo i cant exclude hardware errors.
I always format partitions before installing windows. I already downloaded network drivers because windows don't install them automatically.
>>
>>56952824
I'll try the addon. I already have pepperflash, I think, and probably normal flash because I used Chrome for so long and didn't care about installing shit-tier plugins.
>>
>>56952824
Well, looks like the add-on did the job. thanks anon.
>>
>>56952824
It's brand new, one of my fraternity brothers, he won it in a raffle and has no use for it.
What is a "steal" price I can aim for, and barring that a "good price" I can cop it for?
Steal: $900
Good: $1000
Is Alienware that bad it won't be usable for 4 more years?
>>
>>56952895
SSDs should be run in ahci mode. You can try running sfc /scannow from a command line and see if that picks up any errors. But if you keep having problems, I would really consider using a restore point and skipping optional updates. They have a tendency to cause a lot of unnecessary trouble for people.

>>56953003
It varies. I've personally had bad experiences with alienware, but that's a bad way to judge how common problems are. 4 years is a long time for a laptop though. Honestly without a model number it's literally just a matter of typing those stats into ebay/amazon and seeing what prices come up. I'd say similar hardware in a different brand usually comes in around $1100 (but with an SSD.) Keep in mind that the next gen of processors and moble graphics are about to come out, so the value might depreciate pretty quickly.
>>
>>56953149
$1100 really?
>>
File: delet.jpg (327KB, 1825x1077px) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
327KB, 1825x1077px
When I use AMD's Crimson Software, the anisotropic filtering setting doesn't work at all. I have no clue why, but it doesn't. Doesn't override application settings, doesn't apply any filtering. Same story with RadeonPro. I also have to run the game elevated. Any suggestions? Pic related
>>
I've just set up a plex server, and I'm looking for very "complicated" files to test it out (transcoding performance). I don't know a lot about video formats and such so I don't know what makes a file complex to transcode - currently the largest I've tested is a 6.6GB MKV, 1080p H.264 with a 8673 Kbps bitrate. It seems to run fine - am I safe to assume I can then use this server for most movies I'll be likely to come across online?

Currently, I am only using the server for one stream at any one time.
>>
>>56953315
You'll be fine. Most movies are less than 2-3 gb.
>>
This may sound stupid, but this is the stupid questions thread after all.

How likely exactly, is it for old laptop batteries to explode?
I have a 6 year old laptop, and for a little over a year I notice that my laptop has been telling me that my laptop battery needs to be changed. Thing is though, I am a poor sod and I honestly can't just afford another laptop, and even if I was to just replace the battery it looks like they stopped selling them years ago.

Visually the battery looks fine. And the temperatures inside the laptop are good. But recently my laptop have been making sounds and it tends to vibrate. But I am pretty sure that's just the laptop fan acting up. But I can't help but feel a bit uneasy when the laptop is making sounds, vibrating, while my laptop is telling me that my half a decade old laptop needs a new battery.
I need the computer, but I don't really want to have my face blown off or wake up in a fire in the middle of the night. Is there any real risk? I am fine with the laptop potentially dying, but is there any real risk of safety?
>>
>>56953330
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>56953271
Well, I mean in terms of taking your time and finding an above average deal on specs with similar value. You may find a buyer willing to pay more. A lot of people see alienware as a premium brand and will pay a premium specifically for it. The lack of SSD hurts though.

https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBarV2&q=i7-6700hq+970m&searcharea=deals&searchin=first

>>56953340
Unless there is a recall out for that battery model, there's very low risk of it rupturing. The warning is probably just telling you it could fail soon, or that it's capacity is diminishing.
>>
>>56953149
i did sfc /scannow just for you but everything is fine.
Now im gonna update bios(A mobo from 2012 still gets one lol, based asus). turn on ahci. Install windows with updates from may 2016. install drivers for sata. All in this order. If this won't work then i give up.
Now that im in ide mode i had one freeze for like 10 seconds and then it unfreezed. Thats not good enough for me, but i will stick to this if nothing else work.
>>
>>56953340
Depends how you treat it but the more chinese they are the more likely they are to explode at high temperatures or leak at a impact.

Usually impossible low even with low quality ones.
>>
I want to enable the iGPU from a, i5-4460, but I have read that to keep the regular GPU I'd need a program or whatever because enebling the iGPU from BIOS would disable the other GPU. How correct is that? I think it depends on models of mobos. Mine is a H81M-K.
>>
When I connect a tablet to a PC via USB to transfer files the tablet is also charged a little bit. I read that Li-ion batteries are harmed if the charging process is not steep enough (something like at least 5% of the maximum capacity). Should I transfer files wirelessly to avoid this involuntary USB charging?
>>
>>56952498
If your disk is gpt it will handle that.
The installation creates 4 NEW partitions.
>>
>>56953571
Drivers, but you cant because H81 motherboard iirc.
>>
>>56953315
big buck bunny 4k 60fps
>>
>>56953607
Well shit. I was trying to enable it for a few days until two adapters come.

Also, I just got a 1060 and bought a DP to VGA but just realized that it wouldn't work because of digital shit when it was already shipped, so it doesn't work.
I have two other monitors with only VGA, what adapters should I get? The HDMI port is already taken, thought I have an HDMI to VGA that I used to use with my 750ti, so I could get a DP to HDMI, I guess.

Anyway, I have 3 DP and one DVI-D left, I need to use an adapter on them to VGA.
>>
Ubuntu or Arch?
>>
>>56953690
Oh, yes, I forgot I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z08TZNU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 maybe if it just werks I'll get another, thought I already bought a passive DVI-D to VGA for like 1€ but I don't hope it wil work.
>>
An easy way to install Arch?
>>
>>56953704
Do you want a "just works" system or are you willing into using your time for making the system behave as you want?
>>
>>56947908
How to know the password of the win 10 computer you're using on?
>>
Why we use WASD for games instead of ESDF
>>
>>56953764
>Do you want a "just works" system or are you willing into using your time for making the system behave as you want?
Just works.
>>
>>56953586

But isnt it like there is a limit of partitions for single drive?
>>
>>56953785
why ask the question then?
>>
>>56953803
>why ask the question then?
They say that Ubuntu is falling apart and Nvidia problem.
>>
>>56947908
is the arch linux installer supposed to be a command line with root@archiso?
>>
>>56953785
Ubuntu or Fedora
For a more extended comparison check Arch wiki
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_compared_to_other_distributions
>>
>>56953816
Unity is crap, but you can install a Ubuntu spin (Xfce, Kde, Mate, ...).
For Nvidia, I have no problem with both proprietary or open source drivers with a GTX 1070.
Besides that, I'd the only reason not to go with Ubuntu are if you're a purist or have special needs.
>>
>>56952824

Turns out that all disks are in MBR. I guess it wont be a problem to install Windows 10 without this UEFI thing?
>>
>>56953827
>Fedora
Hard install NVidia proprietary drivers
>>
>>56953799
If your disk is MBR, you're limited to either 4 primary or 3 primary + many logical
>>
>>56953816
Are you interested in CUDA?
>>
>>56953882

What type are those new partitions then? One must be primary, I know, but what about the other three?

Because disk in question have two primary partitions already.
>>
>>56953878
This
>>
>>56953704
If you have to ask, ubuntu.>>56953744

>>56953744
Everything will require active adapters, looks like the one you got will be good, probably just get more of those.

>>56953763
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archboot#Archboot_ISO_Releases

>>56953869
What that means is that you want to be sure that you disable UEFI on your new system.
>>
>>56953878
http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia
>>
>>56953946
>Black screen
>>
>>56953946
Mpv old version
>>
>>56953903
Your disk is GPT or MBR?
>>
>>56953982
Lol
>>
>>56953903
Your drive is probably using GPT as it's partitioning scheme. You can check

http://www.howtogeek.com/245610/how-to-check-if-a-disk-uses-gpt-or-mbr-and-how-to-convert-between-the-two/

If this is true, then that means your system supports 128 primary partitions.
>>
Somehow my data drive where I installed some software is marked as a system drive. How the fuck do I get rid of that since I just want to backup my system ssd?
>>
Anyone got a reccomendation on one of these mini handheld keyboards I can use for a htpc
>>
File: 619JGO-qX8L._SL1200_.jpg (83KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
619JGO-qX8L._SL1200_.jpg
83KB, 1200x1200px
>>56954315
fuck forgot example picture
>>
cortana still runs
I turned it off in regedit and gpedit, but it's still running
does anyone know how to make it stop completely?
>>
>>56954343
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10

>>56954297
A drive marked as system in disk management usually contains your boot files. You would want to copy those to your disk C: drive using something like Easybcd.
>>
I'm trying to install ahci drivers in Windows7 installer but they are hidden, I have to uncheck 'hide incompatible drivers' box. Installed them anyway. Does that change anything?
>>
I have four SATA ports on my machine, one has a 240 GB SSD, one a 480 GB SSD, one a 2 TB HDD, and an ODD.

Whenever there's any 'big' HDD activity (such as downloading a Steam game), my entire system slows down. If I'm watching a stream in MPC-HC it stutters and stops, games get major framerate drops, etc. The only happens when using the HDD. SSDs are fine. My OS and the games/applications in question are installed on the SSD.

What's going on?
>>
>>56954431
>only happens when using the HDD.
>>
>>56954494
The HDD itself is fine, though. I don't know what's causing it. The exact same process on one of the SSDs? No problem. The HDD? Everything fucks up. S.M.A.R.T. reports no issues and I tried installing a Linux distro on the HDD and running it and it was fine.
>>
>>56954400
still runs even after using that tweaker
thanks for linking that though
>>
Why are my webm's coming out larger then the input source?
ffmpeg -loglevel panic -n -i "$0" -preset ultrafast -vf scale=640:-1 -b:v 1M -an -sn -vcodec libvpx -cpu-used 5 -threads 8 -crf 51 -fs 1.9M -movflags +faststart
>>
>>56953940

>What that means is that you want to be sure that you disable UEFI on your new system.

You do that from the bios, right?

Again, my current PC is 6 years old, I never saw that on my own eyes.
>>
File: 68cc3ffb6e.png (37KB, 583x489px) Image search: [Google]
68cc3ffb6e.png
37KB, 583x489px
>>56954400

There are no bootfiles on the data drive. Only shows boot files from C: which is my system drive.
>>
>>56954274
>>56954024

My disk is MBR.

Actually, my Windows 7 is installed on old 250gb drive, with only one primary partition besides it, I have two 1tb drives as well, one working as storage (single partition) and one housing two primary ones and around 500gb of unasigned space.

All of them are in MBR, as I just checked.
>>
Should I buy a Thinkpad 13 Chromebook if I intend to install Linux on it?
>>
So we have the comcast xfinity mad baller internet package so me and all my neckbeard housemates can play league/wow and watch port all at the same time, and the girlfirends can watch netflix and its all wonderful.

Fastest shit i have ever seen.
BUT NOT ON SMARTPHONES
every single one of our smartphones internet runs like molasses. WHAT GIVES someone tell me this is a real problem all my buddies are on my ass about it
>>
>>56954532
If you're just talking about the process, I don't think you can do anything about that at this point. It's too integrated into windows post anniversary.

>>56954573
Yeah. If your new system has uefi/secure boot, you want to disable that in favor of legacy/bios.

>>56954599
Screencap your disk management

>>56954613
The 4 partition limit is per drive. You could have 12 active partitions with your setup if you distributed them evenly.
>>
There any free open source applications to manage amazon cloud drive? All I can find are monthly fee services.
>>
>>56954682
>wifi
>4g

If you are not physically attached to your network, you have nothing to complain about. Wifi is not low latency, nor is it consistent
>>
File: 2dbf69f6b8.png (43KB, 1227x598px) Image search: [Google]
2dbf69f6b8.png
43KB, 1227x598px
>>56954684

>Screencap your disk management
>>
I have a (2nd) interview for a test engineer (QA) position next week, it will be practice oriented, what should I expect, how can I prepare myself beforehand ?ty
>>
>>56954684

>The 4 partition limit is per drive. You could have 12 active partitions with your setup if you distributed them evenly.

Thats why I wanted to know, if those three additional partitions created during Windows 10 install, are primary as well, or logical ones.

My Windows 7 created, along its base primary partition, small "reserved" primary one. According to info I found, one of those four are strickly related to UEFI. Would that mean that if I would install Win10 witout UEFI, it would create just two partitions as well?

I dont want to waste whole 1tb drive just for OS, at the same time I want to be able to dual boot my 7.
>>
>try to install windows 10 ltsb on laptop
>wipe entire disk
>at installation just select the empty space
>Windows could not prepare the computer to boot the next phase of installation. To install windows, restart the installation.

fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>56954715
the wireless works fine and is zippy on our laptops. its just smartphones that are slow
>>
>>56954756
C: is your only system drive. If you're having trouble deleting something else, try diskpart from the command line, or use a 3rd party tool like easeUS partition free.

>>56954799
That's correct. One is UEFI/GPT only, one is an optional recovery drive, and your existing reserved partition will probably end up being used for both copies of windows. The short answer is that this is all automatic and you shouldn't worry about it, unless windows makes that recovery drive and you feel like deleting it later to make free space.
>>
>>56954809
I put the computer in mbr mode and now it's working lel.
>>
How is state stored in electronics?

For example, a CPU has registers. How are values stored in these registers? How are they moved around between registers? I'm talking about the electronic level of components and circuits.

I assume that there is some components that is turned on with current above one voltage and turned off with current below that voltage. What component does that sort of thing?
>>
>>56954914

Alright I think I found the solution. I most likely have to change the drive letter. Would this cause any problems since i got lots of shit installed on it.
>>
>>56954914

>The short answer is that this is all automatic and you shouldn't worry about it, unless windows makes that recovery drive and you feel like deleting it later to make free space.

In worst case it just wont let me install it here.

>and your existing reserved partition will probably end up being used for both copies of windows

Actually, I wanted to install it on this fresh drive with two primary and a lot of unassigned space, unless this doesnt change anything.

Case is that said 250gb drive is more than 9 years old, those 1tb are fresh WB Blue ones from last year.

>>56955102

Whats the drawback of not using UEFI anyway?
>>
File: why.png (17KB, 384x144px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
17KB, 384x144px
why won't it end /sqt/?
Freshly formatted win7 x64, won't stop searching for updates (control panel & pic related). I wanted to have it search for updates once so I can hide the telemetry and then leave it be, but it won't find a result after hours of looking
>>
>>56954785
delete system32
>>
>>56955149
Even if you install it onto a different drive, the two copies of windows will probably use the same system reserved, unless you physically remove the other drives while you're installing win10. On MBR you could actually get it down to 1 partition for windows 7 and 1 for win10 if you really wanted to. But it really doesn't matter.

UEFI is a better designed system, less likely to have partition corruption, doesn't have the 2tb size limitation, 128 active partitions, and secure boot reduces the risk of boot level malware. But it isn't really a big deal unless you're having trouble running a 3tb+ drive.

>>56955294
http://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>>
>>56947908
https://docs.docker.com/articles/security/

This website does some weird ass shit. I'm not a programmer, how the hell does this do that? Also, my browser still says it has a valid certificate, and obviously Docker isn't hosting it.
>>
File: 1469699911438.jpg (119KB, 1347x1866px) Image search: [Google]
1469699911438.jpg
119KB, 1347x1866px
>>56955313
pic related

>>56955332
Thanks a lot mate!
>>
>>56955332

Thanks a lot.

What is this "system reserved" partition used for, by the way?
>>
>>56954785
Could you go more in depth as to what you're applying to?
>>
>>56955483
Mostly boot files, which can be relocated to the c: drive pretty easily. The only other time it matter is if you set up bitlocker encryption, which 99% of people don't.
>>
Is there any reason Android messenger apps haven't started to support WebM yet?
>>
Is the bump limit different than 300?
>>
Using Firefox for Android, I get this message on some 'standard' websites when trying to watch videos:

>no video with supported mime type found

yet they work fine in chrome.

is it because i have cookies enabled (excluding third party)? or something else?
>>
New Thread

>>56956023
>>56956023
>>56956023
>>56956023
>>
>>56948008
>speaker
>>
Is there a way for me to have multiple wallpapers in Nova launcher?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.