[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heroes For Hire vol 3 (Part 2)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 109

>>87503439
>>87531728
>>87571947
>>87597328
>>87636841
>>87678535
>>87692537
>>87740982
>>87770884

Welcome back, Anons. Last time, we saw Misty Knight form her own Heroes for Hire organization (again) only for her to be revealed to be under the control of the Puppet Master. Lets see where they go from there.
>>
Once again, I'm going to be busy early today, so I'm only doing two issues for now. If the thread is still around for the nighttime hours, I can do the next arc there to completion. If not, we'll start it tomorrow.
>>
While I don't particularly REMEMBER the time Misty and Danny fought Hydra together, I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being date night for them.
>>
As far as I'm aware, Misty and Colleen basically split up after the last Heroes for Hire series, where Misty sold Moon Boy to Paladin to save Colleen, despite Colleen getting attached to him.

Moon Boy, not Paladin.
>>
So yeah, she basically went Oracle, but without the wheelchair.
>>
Oh yeah, it's not just Puppet Master's generic Mind Control he's got her drugged up and in a hospital bed.
>>
I forgot to mention. Paladin found out that Misty isn't where she's been telling everyone where she is (because she doesn't KNOW she's under Puppet Master's control)
>>
>>
>>
>>87815964
Jessica?
>>
>"I think it was OUR little boy, Danny."

Despite what Secret Love would make you think, for most of continuity, Misty and Danny's kid was going to be a boy.
>>
>>87815964
Is this where she goes missing for years at a time?
>>
Turns out, Puppet Master is answering to someone, and not doing this on his own.
>>
>>87816062
God, I'm HOPING that's supposed to be Colleen, who's supporting her old friend despite their issues.
>>
And THAT smirk is somehow even more freakish.
>>
So spooky.
>>
>replacing Danny with Paladin

Just in case you thought dating Sam Wilson was her worst decision, she also dated THIS guy.
>>
>all those other characters about to attack
>also, fucking Ghost Rider
>>
>>87816103
PM-IF Anon, you KNOW Marvel keep on doing Colleen wrong.

>What can be done to make her more popular?
>>
>>87816084
This was where they started making Misty more of a solo act, instead of a double act with Colleen. Before this, more often than not, one was always around with the other.
>>
>>87816176
Both Misty and Colleen got their own Shadowland minis, I wonder if Misty's got received better than Colleen's, and that's why they decided Bionic Arm Cop was better than the modern Samurai.
>>
Remember when Misty's arm had Iron Man-like repulsors?
>>
That is a pretty ugly kid, just saying.
>>
Wait, what the hell? How did she hit him? He's a foot away from her reach.
>>
>>87816186
I know Iron Fist had his own solo, then merged in Luke's book, in that though he felt like a tagalong. He got to be a solo lead, again in the 2006 run. Now, Misty Knight's her own thing, the same thing hasn't been done for Colleen.

>Luke/Misty being the respective driving forcing in their duos, might have been why there's such large age gaps between them and Danny/Colleen in the MCU.
>>
>"Woah. Legs not working."

Wow, they REALLY wanted to make her Oracle, huh?
>>
>>87816240
>blond curls

Be cool if they gave him green eyes, too.
>>
>>87816273
Danny felt like a tagalong only because it was in Luke's element. When they went to Kun L'un or got involved in the weird kung fu madness, Luke was the one who took the back seat.

I find that Luke and Danny are always best together, than when they're apart. Immortal Iron Fist may be an exception, but even than, Luke was a pretty major supporting character there.
>>
Oh shit, didn't see that coming.
>>
So it turns out the next arc is only a three parter, so I'm probably going the whole thing instead of leaving this thread with only two issues.
>>
I don't EVER want to get that close to the Puppet Master's lips ever again. It's freaking creepy.
>>
The fact that Punisher even HAS one of those things means that he must've been one of Misty's employees.
>>
>>
>>
>white and purple men in the camera

Looks like Danny's coming to the rescue!
>>
Remember, Anons, despite everything that's happened between them, Danny still loves Misty. Even the new Power Man and Iron Fist series shows that.
>>
Paladin, bare handed, Danny would wreck your shit, and you KNOW it.
>>
Well... at least they didn't bring in Ghost Rider.
>>
>>
You'd think the Moon Knight being batshit insane would make controlling him a bit trickier than just "flick of a switch", but I guess Fantastic Four villains are a class all of their own.
>>
Has the villain telling the hero to "stop that" EVER worked, outside of instances where they were controlling them?
>>
Credit where it's due, this is actually a REALLY good idea on Misty's part, actually turning Puppet Master's tech against him.
>>
Well, it WAS a good idea.
>>
>"I'm a technopath, thanks to the upgrades in this arm that Tony Stark gave me."

Another useful ability that I bet never gets used nowadays.
>>
>>
God damn it, Frank!
>>
At least DnA didn't just casually kill off a classic Kirby villain like Bendis has done a few times lately.
>>
>>87816210
Do you think it has to do with her lack of love interest/relationship drama? People are all hyped up on the Danny/Misty, Danny/Luke, Luke/Jessica and now Misty/Luke, even some Jessica/Danny business. Her only connection is Misty, really. I guess the show will change that, though. I think they are gonna go with The Shadowland mini of her mother being a member of the Nail and her connections to the Hand so that adds relationship tension and writing potential.

I was just reading the interviews with the writers and I've excited for you to get to it.

Also, Someone had mentioned this before and maybe it's to do with Luke is bulletproof and has gotten stronger over the years, Danny can go "Super Sayan" with the Iron Fist power and Misty arm has be upgraded. What can you do for a Samurai? How can you give Ms. Wing a "power-creep"/ an advancement?
>>
>Danny's right there waiting when Misty wakes up
>>
>>
So I guess Misty knows this guy well enough to know he'd always get a laugh at that "hand" joke
>>
>>87816441
I thought the split amicably? Well, as much as a situation like that would aloud.
>>
>>87816703
It did, as we saw, but it's something to point out, especially since Danny's never really had any other love interests, outside of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, which I don't think anybody remembers.
Seriously, I POSTED the series, and I don't remember her name.
>>
This would've been a really short series if she said no, I guess.
>>
>It's a Spider-Man issue
>>
>>87816441
>>87816735
>He's been in love with the same woman since he was nineteen

What a precious guy.
>>
I swear to god, I think every issue of this series opens with a close-up of Misty's lips. If not opens, at least a panel on the first page.
>>
>>87816735
Firebird?/The Phoenix woman and Lilian Hsu?
>>
So what is this, Atlantean ninjas?
>>
>>87816655
>Also, Someone had mentioned this before and maybe it's to do with Luke is bulletproof and has gotten stronger over the years, Danny can go "Super Sayan" with the Iron Fist power and Misty arm has be upgraded. What can you do for a Samurai? How can you give Ms. Wing a "power-creep"/ an advancement?

Upgrade her weapons maybe? Remember, back to the Claremont years, she was good with more than just a sword, she was tossing Shuriken and attacking with a Naginata, the sword's just her favorite.
>>
>>87816785
It was a while since he got with her, so maybe you can say 20. Either way, according to Immortal Iron Fist, he's in his mid 30's now, so that's most of his life.
>>
>red and blue blur

Oh fuck, it's Superman!
>>
Wait, no, just Spider-Man.
>>
I like to think Misty can only tell it's Spider-Man because he won't shut up, and can't actually recognize his voice.
>>
>>87816819
Firebird, yes. Also Hsu, which I mostly forgot about because that entire arc was crap, right down to the outfit he got at the end of the arc, which THANKFULLY never appears again.
>>
>"Did he call you a bad name?"
>"Yes. Kinda."

It's Spider-Man. Talking shit is half of what he does.
>>
>"Hey, I injure a ninja, I like to know why."

I wonder if Spidey has to ask these questions when he deals with Daredevil's ninjas.
>>
>>87816896
They started dating when is was what? 21/22? She wasn't checking for him, but he always seemed to be fond of her.
>>
>"Most heroes work in exchange for a favor. A tip off, information, or just the sheer reward of helping."

I guess that explains how Frank got involved. Kill the right baddies, and get a tip on where other baddies are they need killing.
>>
Remember this whole "Paladin is jealous of Spider-Man". It'll come up later, and not just in this arc.
>>
Man, even MISTY thinks that's a bad burn.
>>
Oh fuck, look who it is!
>>
>"Batroc? 'Ze Leaper'? Savate and Free Running Batroc? Dumbass mustache Batroc? Worst accent since Monty Pythos and the Holy Grail Batroc?"
>"Actually, I think he trades on the fact that people dismiss him as a comedy frenchman. He's HARDCORE. The guy's kicked the head off Captain America! BOTH Captain Americas!"

Well, at least the guy's getting his respect.
>>
I guess Paladin can't exactly talk shit about his costume, since they both wear mostly purple.
>>
>>87817028
They only kissed during the Davos two-parter, but they got close while they were searching for Colleen after Khan kidnapped her for reasons I no longer remember.
>>
>>87816872
Isn't a shruiken Ninja affair? I seem to remember a whole line from Colleen about how she's "not a ninja, but a Samurai. I have a code."

>Was it Claremont mixing all Asian melee weapons together?
>>
I love how Paladin almost begs her not to call him...
>>
Welp, I guess he's officially an employee, despite Paladin's bitching.
>>
One Anon suggested last thread suggested a black market for smuggling dinosaurs from the Savage Land. That may be a real thing, it looks like.
>>
>"You're being AWFUL quiet. Everything okay?"

You've opened the floodgates now. He'll NEVER shut up now.
>>
>>87817180
According to wikipedia (I know, I know) Samurai used them as supplementary weapons.
>>
>green bullets

If you were here for last thread, you know what THAT means.
>>
>"They're rocking that possessed look, and it's like they're firing small angry pieces of Mephisto".

I'll take that as another piss-take at OMD.
>>
This page is great.
>>
Why is it that some artists draw Spidey's costume where it looks like there's an arrow pointing to his dick?
>>
>>
So given she's a big deal thanks to the Netflix series, have Marvel tried shoving Clare Temple as the Night Nurse now?
>>
Yeah, remember those demon bullets? Yeah, still a t hing.
>>
I had to check, it turns out "Bonsoir" is french for "Good Evening".
>>
And Batroc's back.
>>
Damn, Paladin REALLY doesn't like Spidey.
>>
>"I don't think Puppet Master was using us to clean the streets. I think he was using us to take out the competition."

Was that seriously a thing you thought he was doing?
>>
Peter's got a point, he IS famous for talking shit
>>
Shit talking and wordplay, that is.
>>
>>
>>87816441
>PMIF 2016

He misses her something fierce. He's brought it up at least twice, now. She with Sam and he's with his hand, it's just sad.

Hopefully Pei (who I guess will be a surrogate daughter figure) will give him something to focus on.
>>
Oh yeah, Gargan's the Scorpion again now.
>>
>>87817278
Ah, perhaps.
>>
Pretty late for the dinosaurs, don't you think?
>>
>>87817636
The closest we got to him moving on was that flashback where he kissed She-Hulk, and he basically spilled his spaghetti after.
>>
I know this is supposed to seem badass... but I'm pretty sure Spidey could take her.
>>
>>87817439
Only in the Marvel synergy form of Claire coming back, and looking suspiciously like Miss Rosario Dawson.
>>
All right Anons, last issue for today.
>>
>>87817672
Maybe she was referring to how she's not an assassin or a killer?
>>
>that smug Batroc
>>
Paladin isn't even bothering to hide the fact that he's into Misty.
>>
>>87817722
But they aren't even doing anything with her yet? For how much /co/ complains about synergy, it mostly ends up only in looks, or maybe a villain having an arc.
>>
>>87817698
And, the only reason he doesn't get a "Night at She-Hulk" is because he doesn't think Misty would approve.
>Wanting to keep himself chaste for her.

My lord, Danny. Jen's got a point, though. He shouldn't post-pone his love life waiting for her to return to his arms. I've never seen a character more hung-up on a girl. I swear if/when Misty stops being with Sam, Danny's gonna be in there like fucking swimwear. I tell ya.
>>
Looks like we're getting an idea who the mystery "head of the bad guys" here, finally.
>>
>>
>>87817854
>implying the guy employing the raptor is the bad guy
>>
>>87817847
Well there's also the fact that she apparently went out with Luke for a bit, although it'd be harder writing a list of characters who HAVEN'T had sex with She-Hulk, it seems.
>>
>that editorial box

That's the issue where she joins the Thunderbolts
>>
>"It will take a few minutes and it won't be pleasant. There will be noises. Odors. Manifestations. Also, perhaps a certain amount of nudity."
>>
Welp, there goes Batroc.
>>
>>87817935
He avoided being "Eskimo Brothers" in the comics, but he won't be able to avoid it in the Marvelix verse. Ahem...

>Unless they won't hook them up. I hope Marvel wouldn't be that stupid.
>>
... So is it supposed to be a surprise, or are we supposed to know it's the Purple Man?
>>
>>87817898
You mean Batroc? Yeah, he's technically a bad guy.
>>
And I guess even Spidey is into Misty now.
>>
And Paladin seems just as surprised as I am that she did indeed end up naked for the magic.
>>
So has Satana been in anything lately? Besides Parkerbolts, I mean.
>>
Honestly Spidey, considering the shit you used to get into, this probably shouldn't be weird to you normally.
>>
>>
Going by the wide eyes Spidey has, I guess he minds the naked redhead as much as Paladin does (not at all).
>>
>>
And that's it for today, Anons. Next we're finishing up this series with the Fear Itself tie-ins. Luckily, we already ran Fear Itself, so we don't have to do that again.

Hope to see you tomorrow!
>>
>>87818103

I think she is gonna be in that Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme book.
>>
>>87818215
How long 'til Shadowland?
>>
>>87818462
Around a week, Anon.
>>
>>87816872
Could you have her use weapon imbune with magical properties?

>Her sword could become possessed. Maybe, even with her grandfaher's spirit. Or would that sound too much like Katana? I guess, it's all in the execution.
>>
>>87819236
Cheers, looking forward to see what Col's been up to. BTW, what was Misty's mini about?
>>
>>87815887
Hey, welcome back.

Man, that last thread died fucking fast, didn't it?
Wasn't even around by the time I got home from work.
Those Janitors can't get chosen fast enough.
>>
>>87815923
You know, all these jobs Puppet Master is having Misty send people out on so far seem much more pro-social and less rapey than the Puppet Master is usually portrayed as.
>>
>>87815964
Would it really have been so damn hard for her to just have a bog standard miscarriage? Happens all the time, and I think it'd be less infuriating.

Paladin being her new sidekick is a bit jarring after that last H4H book had him as such a bag of dicks.
>>
>>87816259
Those Iron Man repulsors in her arm?
>>
>>87819884
I know. Even if she got back together with Danny, wouldn't she be afraid of being with him /in that way/, lest she get caught with a "Chi baby" again and gets really ill?
>>
>>87816520
Really the odd thing is that he isn't doing this with the magic space mud he usually relies on.
>>
>>87820621
Was it from space? I thought it was radioactive.
>>
>>87816852
Three Slydes?

Damn those murderous heroes!
>>
>>87824226
I thought it was space-radioactive.
>>
>>87819837
This thread already had them discover he was taking out competition under someone else's orders.
>>
>>87817357
Wait, is this Moon Knight in his Cabbie persona?

Because knowing all those names and not knowing what any of them look like makes me feel like this is someone fucking with Paladin because he deserves bullying.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 109

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.