[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegan Food Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 39

File: double double.jpg (185KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
double double.jpg
185KB, 960x540px
What vegan foods have you eaten recently?

I just made a pizza with Trader Joe's pizza dough, Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella, and sauteed green bell peppers and onions, and obviously tomato sauce. So freaking good.

Then I made cookies using Betty Crocker's chocolate chip cookie mix, and about a thumb's length of banana and equal amounts peanut butter in place of the egg, and Earth Balance instead of butter. People who use egg don't know what they're missing.

What about you?

Also, vegan food inspiration:
www.pinterest.com/vfortheanimals
>>
>bowl of oatmeal with cocoa powder and vanilla extract
>handful of honey roasted chipotle almonds
For lunch, I'm gonna make some brown rice with tomatoes, lentils, garlic, chilli powder, onions, mushrooms and cayenne pepper. Maybe some added spinach.
>>
>>9171886
>Betty Crocker's chocolate chip cookie mix,

there's eggs in that... yes the mix itself
>>
>>9171918
No there isn't... I check.
>>
>>9171904
Craving oatmeal now. So weird I started craving oatmeal now that it's summer, but didn't crave it when it was colder.
>>
>>9171918
Enriched Flour Bleached (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Chocolate Chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla), Brown Sugar, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil, Leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate), Salt, Color Added.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170715_050413.png (216KB, 983x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170715_050413.png
216KB, 983x854px
>>9171934
time to puke it up OP

https://www.bettycrocker.com/products/cookiemix/snacksizechocolatechip
>>
>>9171949
Um yeah that's a different kind. This is the one I got.
>>9171941

Please, I check the ingredients every time.
>>
File: 20170715_021048.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_021048.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>9171949
>>
>>9171968
>>9171953
>>9171941
>>9171934

Jesus Christ, you vegans really get triggered easily.
>>
File: IMG_1848.gif (313KB, 200x167px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1848.gif
313KB, 200x167px
>>9171968
>>
>>9171974
I have a severe phobia of animal products so I just wanted to be extra clear that I would never stick that gross shit in my mouth.
>>
>>9171992
Sorry for the pic quality but I think you can see that there are no eggs. Might have to brighten your screen/increase the contrast I guess. I can read it though.
>>
File: eh.png (682KB, 1273x727px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
682KB, 1273x727px
>>9171996
Why not turn on your flash or turn on a light?
>>
I made some chocolate pumpkin thick smoothie/nice cream earlier with about 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2.5tbsp cocoa powder and some Splenda. Although I did end up topping it with some cinnamon toast crunch (not vegan) and cherries
>>
>>9172010
This, OP just make your own dough, its just strong flour, water and a rising agent. I dont know if I could ever go full vegan but I am eating less meat and dairy lately, I like the non dairy milk alternatives but as far as cheese goes I cannot imagine they would be any good.
>>
>>9172013
Yum. Sounds good. Though not a big fan of Splenda myself.

>>9172021
Maybe I'll try making my own next time. It seems like all the stores near here just have regular baking flour though.

It's super easy to be full vegan so I'm sure you could if you wanted to. And the blocks of Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella are delicious shredded and topped on a pizza, then when it's almost done baking I wrap the crust in foil so it doesn't burn, then broil it and it browns and bubbles like this.
>>
>>9172013
I forgot to say that I put in a few handfuls of ice
>>
As a vegan, i was able to get a nice healthy meal out of my wife's boyfriend's semen this morning while my wife's son ate a disgusting breakfast of bacon eggs and toast. How can people eat that stuff?
>>
>>9172571
Just a suggestion but why not be retarded on /b/? You'll get plenty of (You)s there.
>>
>>9172601
i could ask the same question about the creator of this thread
>>
>>9172571
FUCKIN KEK! Shadilay, brother! Mind if I screencap this for The_Donald?
>>
>>9172816
>thread about vegan food
>on /ck/ - Food & Cooking
?
Are you retarded?
>>
I eat plenty of vegan food, it goes well with meat and cheese and eggs all mixed together so the gravy gets all over the vegan part
>>
>>9172828
>being vegan
?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>9172828
>vegan
>""""food""""
>>
>vegan food

This is why people consider vegans to be psychotic. What is vegan food? I'll let you in on a secret: Vegetables, mushrooms, nuts, fruits and grains. It's not imitation copycat meat products and sugary processed shit. So make vegetable curries, soups, stews, breads and roast root vegetables. When you've exhausted all the possibilities and variations out of those options, we'll see you again in 90 years.
>>
File: sorry to disappoint.jpg (40KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
sorry to disappoint.jpg
40KB, 490x367px
>>9173020
Get over yourself you fucking autist. Also meat alternatives are actually improvements in literally every single way. But you wouldn't know that because you fell for the "hur dur why do vegans eat fake meat it tastes like shit lol they must miss meat so bad" meme. No. I don't miss meat what so fucking ever, but meat alternatives like Gardein taste better, never have any of the nasty bits you always get in meat, and you don't have to fucking torture animals to produce them. Anyone who would argue over this is a mongoloid of the most degenerate sort.
>>
File: field roast burger.jpg (131KB, 670x396px) Image search: [Google]
field roast burger.jpg
131KB, 670x396px
>>9171886
Had a Field Roast burger. Delicious.
>>
File: tiramisu.jpg (321KB, 1224x1250px) Image search: [Google]
tiramisu.jpg
321KB, 1224x1250px
I want this.
http://www.nasoya.com/healthy-tofu-recipes/chocolate-strawberry-tiramisu/
>>
I like to eat Bush's vegetarian baked beans with vegan hot dog slices thrown in.
>>
First of all if you eat meat and wan't to try 'vegan' foods that's something you don't do or say that way. It's nothing special about 'vegan' foods if you eat meat and animals. It does not matter for you.

Anyways, vegetables and fruits are awesome. I don't eat any meat, not even fish. Stopped eating eggs too.

I see no harm in drinking milk from animals since it's natural product and you don't kill it to eat it's meat.

There was a guy on YouTube that cut his own flesh, tiny bit, and cooked it and ate. Under supervision of course. All humans should try to eat it's own meat before trying to eat of animals.

But, not going to persuade you to my opinion. Do what you do, don't get influenced by me.
>>
>>9176162
You do kill to drink milk though. There are so many cruel standard practices in milk production...even "humane" farms.
>>
>>9176170
Don't know what people do to get milk on shelves, but I see it as you have a cow, you milk it, all natural and designed that way, to give milk.
>>
>>9176162
I think it's the complete opposite, milk is as unnatural as it gets unless you actually somehow get organic milk. Ultra-pasteurisiert milk is a disgusting product. Plus you're drinking the breast milk of another species that evolved to perfectly feed calves not humans. If anything we should drink human breast milk but that isn't really realistic.

>All humans should try to eat it's own meat before trying to eat of animals.
That's pretty retarded though. There are inherent issues with cannibalism.
>>
>>9176175
Actually they're bred and manipulated to produce excess milk and have their babies taken away every year so you can drink their milk instead.

So no not very natural at all even under the absolute best circumstances.
>>
>>9176233
Did you know that Hitler also drank water and ate bread? You better apologize too!
>>
File: fake meat 2.jpg (96KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
fake meat 2.jpg
96KB, 960x960px
>>9173020
>>
File: 1498247136632.jpg (96KB, 448x709px) Image search: [Google]
1498247136632.jpg
96KB, 448x709px
Today I had leftover pizza, made with only whole/unrefined ingredients, and rosemary from dad's garden in the whole wheat crust. Dipped in bean pesto. And a large head of romaine on the side. Going to farmer's market with mom today for more.

Having a bowel of oatmeal with chocolate chia berry nicecream in a little bit.
>>
>>9171886
I made some beef stew
I don't often bother with beef but when I do I like to make it a hearty filling dish
Chicken and pork are way better for cooking, more subtle flavors, they mix well with a variety of spice and other ingredients
Maybe it's just me but beef just tastes like beef no matter what you do with it
>>
>>9176236
How come post dissapeared?
>>
>>9176209
Step one
Milk comes out of cow
Step two
I eat it
Seems perfectly natural to me
Look at what other animals go around doing like stealing each other's eggs and shit, that's natural as well
Just because you consider it nasty for some reason doesn't make it unnatural, nature is full of nasty shit
>>
>>9176299
Look up how milk is produced nowadays. It's anything but natural. (Assumign you're not just shitposting here).
>>
>>9176310
Note the difference between 'producing milk nowadays' and 'having a cow and milking it'
>>
>>9173020
Without the internet veganism would have never become a thing
Internet just facilitate crazy people finding each other
>>
>>9176313
He said "produce" so I figures you meant the milk they sell commercially, pretty sure it's even illegal to sell unpasteurized milk. I think raw milk tastes bad and weird but I can see it being fine in this context. Just that it's extremely rare.
>>
>>9172571
It's only vegan if he willingly gave you that semen
>>
>>9176260
>deserted islands have to be milked or I wont get enough ancestors

fucking what? does this make sense to vegans?
>eating meat is like murdering a bunch of people
no seriously, is anyone friends with a "vegan"? you means its not just a phase an edgy 22 year old girl goes through and is only tolerated because shes mildly cute?
>>
>>9176310
It's completely natural, milk it's extracted from the cow in a pumping manner just like is sucked out of it by a baby cow
>>
>>9176324
Cute girls don't need to be vegan to get attention anon
>>
>>9176324
>deserted islands have to be milked or I wont get enough ancestors

The joke is that the meat eater is sperging out trying to think of a justification and has a seizure trying to use all the cliche retarded arguments against veganism he has in his tiny brain at once.

The arguments are: "What if you were on a deserted island and the only thing there to eat were pigs?"
"Hur dur but cows have to be milked or their utters will EXPLODE."
"Our ancestors ate meat."
>>
>>9176332
You don't have to tell me twice but during the stone age
>>
>>9176332
Also "wouldn't get enough protein on a vegan diet".
>>
>>9176355
Not true. That's numbers.
>>
>>9176332
Really haven't understood the comic, also understand it a bit more cause of this post, but still don't understand it.
>>
>>9171886
I have eaten a few pounds of dates and some granola the last few days.
>>
>>9176299
Udder puss is in your milk. look it up.
>>
>>9176318
>Adults don't like breast feeding so we must be crazy people.
>>
>>9176355
Ever watch forks over knives?
>>
>>9176384
>>
>>9176355
Protein defficiency is not a thing, it's near impossible.

>>9176384
>>9176398
Those documentaries aren't great to be honest.
>>
>>9176370
Basically it's this:
>Meat eater criticizes vegan for enjoying an alternative that doesn't harm others and obviously isn't the same thing so it's retarded to criticize them for not "just" doing the thing that harms others.
>Vegan turns it back on them criticizing them for enjoying an alternative that doesn't harm others and obviously isn't the same thing so it's retarded to criticize them for not "just" doing the thing that harms others.
>Meat eater has to try desperately to find justifications and has a seizure in doing so.
>>
>>9176411
Have not watched them.
I read a book and stopped eating animals.
>>
>>9176363
>>9176411
I know. Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant another one of the arguments the meat eater in the comic is having a seizure trying to say is "wouldn't get enough protein on a vegan diet".
>>
>>9176384
I have. Was pretty good. Already knew pretty much everything they covered though since I read studies as a hobby but it was well put together and was probably pretty mind blowing for people who weren't as educated in nutrition.
>>
>>9176418
You mean
Vegan turns it back on them criticizing them for enjoying an alternative that does harm others

Statements are the same the difference is meat eater and vegan.
>>
File: dairy is murder.jpg (91KB, 708x484px) Image search: [Google]
dairy is murder.jpg
91KB, 708x484px
>>9176162
>>
>>9176745
I'd buy those for meat.
>>
>>9176377
udder puss is natural
>>
>>9176398
im tempted to watch all 3 just to prove that i dont give a shit but then you would move the goalpost
>>
>>9176777
Do it faggot.
>>
>>9176745
first of all
>killing animals
>murder
haha

second
You're gonna have to do better than a photo with impact font on it.
>inb4 vegan monthly article sponsored by silk
>>
File: gfgf.jpg (372KB, 844x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gfgf.jpg
372KB, 844x1000px
vegan chili is my go to dish

carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, onions, garlic and as much hot sauce and chili flakes as i can find
instead of meat i put a sweet potato in it, shit is hot as fuck and nourishing as hell

could eat this shit every god damned fucking day fuck me
>>
>>9177175
om nom nom nom
>>
>>9177222
waste of trips you unfunny reddit faggot
>>
>>9177175
I have to admit that does sound good and I'm not even a vegan.
>>
>>9171886
I just had some fresh coleslaw with my smoked pork. It was delicious.

I'll be making a ragu Napoletano later this week and serving it with a vegan pepperonata as a delicious contorno to the braciale and ribs i'll be cooking in the ragu.
>>
>>9176411
https://www.google.com/search?q=vegan+baby+malnourished&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>>
>>9177175
post recipe anon
>>
>>9177799
I said near impossible you retard. Parents feeding their kid shit is always bad no matter if vegan, vegetarian or something else. It's just that the cases where vegans are involved are easy to make a scandalise. I wonder how many thousand kids die to a shit normal diet for every kid that dies of a bad vegan one.
>>
>>9177813
i think the cases of undernourishment are significantly higher under a vegan diet for children. That obvi doesnt not include horrible parents that simply do not take care of their feed i.e. feed them.
vegan is the dumbest thing on the planet if it is for morality's sake. Furthermore, theres is literally nothing wrong with drinking milk harvested from cows the same way there is nothing wrong having honey harvested from bees.
Veganism is a pseudo-morality booster for those who cannot comprehend critical thinking before believing something. Its okay to eat farmed fish and you dont have to eat beef/pork at all bc it is ridiculously high in sat. fats compared to fish and chicken and that could be a legitimate reason.
Pic related: vegans when i eat a Med-rare rib-eye cooked in butter
>>
>>9177849
>>>/r9k/ go back to your self-loathing shithole. Showhorn yourself into some other thread.
>>
File: 3DarbRd.jpg (58KB, 565x575px) Image search: [Google]
3DarbRd.jpg
58KB, 565x575px
>>9177856
guess i hit too close to home
>>
>>9177856
lol enjoy being a weak vegan faggot
>>
>>9177856
>t. assblasted vegan faggot
>>
>>9177864
>>9177875
>>9177889
You realise that scorn is just laughable right? The real question is why are you so offended/insecure by this that you actually opened this thread and replied with a one-liner.
>>
>>9177907
actually i am >>9177849 and >>9177864
those other guys just also know youre a faggot, enjoy never getting pussy and smelling like b.o. tho
>>
>>9177808

dice/slice your potato and nice chunks

olive oil in a nice big pan or pot, medium heat, put lid on it, put potato in it for a couple of minutes, don't let it get too tender

put your carrots in it for a minute or two

put your onion in it for a minute

put your garlic, peppers, chili flakes, hot sauce, herbs and spices (i use mediterranean shit but if you want mexican shit you do that i'm not the boss of you) in it for couple of seconds

put bell peppers and zucchini in it, stir often until veggies are hot and start to tender

add can of diced tomatoes (and tomato puree if u want) and beans, bring to boil, lower heat and let it simmer for as long as you want

season to taste with sea salt and black pepper

serve with more hot sauce, if you're a fatass add rice but doesn't require it
>>
File: 20170716_222207.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170716_222207.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Made some chocolate cookies. Tastes quite good
>>
You vegan fellas are alright but I'd wish use stopped trying to call certain foods and food items what they aren't. I'll eat it all the same, but tofu ain't a meat. I want what I paid for, not some weird imitation.
>>
>>9171974
>"ha, OP ate eggs"
>no I didn't
>"yes you did, fag"
>here look at the ingredients
>"omg fucking triggered!"
>>
>>9178025
I'm totally fine with vegan nuggets or sausage or something like that. Do they sell like vegan rib-eye or something where you're from?
>>
>>9177997
have you ever added something like ground beef too see how it would come out, might try it with and without
>>
>>9172571
Vegans utterly and eternally BTFO!
how will they recover?
>>
I had a bowl of raisin bran with almond milk.

>>9174516
>nasty bits

The nasty bits are great. Gribenes, pate, yakitori kokoro, dak bal... there's this entire universe of flavors in just one animal alone. It's too bad vegans can't appreciate those flavors, because replicating them accurately is going to be the key to making veganism into anything more than a niche political subculture.
>>
>>9178039

well i'm a vegan faggot so no, but i'm sure the taste will be even better, at that point you're in the realm of a regular chili con carne
>>
>>9178069
fersure, i just wondered if it was something you already made and then quit adding meat. will try
>>
>>9178025
I don't understand why people get so worked up about the definitions of their words. Who gives a shit? Vegan burgers, regular burgers, vegan minced meat, regular minced meat, whatever?
Tofu is complete dog shit tier but seitan and tempeh and great replacement for the savoury and texturey role of meat in a dish.
>>
File: ow.jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
ow.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>9174516
>>
>>9178074
They don't taste the same, is why. If the meat is fake, you need to specify that.

>seitan and tempeh

This is ALSO why. Different fake meats taste different, so just say which one you're using from the start.
>>
>>9178092
I've never seen a recipe or a restaurant where it says it's meat and it turns out it's a vegetarian/vegan replacement. The same with stuff in a store. What you on about mang
>>
It's ok for women to be vegan, but they generally look a bit too pale.
Men shouldn't be vegan because all that tofu and tempeh turns them into nu-males.

When vegans start getting healthissues they revert to normal diets or sometimes turn pescetarian.
>>
>>9178101
I haven't seen that myself, either, but you're getting weirdly defensive about other people who have seen it wanting disclosure.
>>
>>9178207
>lizard people really need to differentiate themselves from real people
i have never seen lizard people anon
>neither have but why are so weirdly defensive about this
>>
>>9178243
It's more appropriate if you say I have never seen them but I don't see a reason why they should differentiate themselves.
>>
>>9176330
doesn´t stop them from trying
>>
>>9177175
veggie soup is mine

its way too easy and dynamic
I just saute up some vegetables like onions potatoes celery green pepper carrots etc for a little bit with some wine

then add a ton of veggie stock(maybe some miso paste, vegemite or mushroom boullion too)

I usually add some lentils/soaked beans or pasta/cooked rice towards the end

and I get a huge meal that can last for a while
>>
>>9176184

How many foods do you eat which were heated to boiling point or above?

It's never really healthy, low temperature processing is better, but I'm not going to suddenly go "OMG it's killing me" because it's done in a big steel kettle in a factory instead of on a pot on my stove.
>>
>>9171886

Vegan food inspiration holy Grail for my fellow anons:
https://www.reddit.com/r/vegangifrecipes/top?t=all

Friendly reminder to buyva food processor, otherwise it will be a fuckload of work to do most recipes, even with a good blender
>>
>>9171886
Not a vegan, but my S.O. is. Last night we ordered a great meal from a vegan place on Seamless -- he got a "cheese" burger with fries and bbq soy nuggets, and I got dumplings and pad thai. The pad thai was pretty good, but the dumplings were fucking delicious.
>>
>>9176398
So wait, you don't have to abstain from animal products to be a vegan? You just have to watch those three shitty documentaries?
Shit dude if I'd known it were that easy I would have gone vegan long ago.
>>
>>9178011
Mmm.
>>
>>9178107
I can tell you only get your nutrition knowledge from sensationalized blog articles but I'm too lazy to correct the misinformation you absorbed and I truly apologize. Not trying to be mean for the record. I used to do that too as a teenager because I didn't understand how to research properly. Most people don't sadly.
>>
File: IMG_20170717_181034.jpg (315KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170717_181034.jpg
315KB, 1000x563px
made a sweet potato vegan curry, it's r8 gud m8s
>>
First of all, this statement is above my next one in which will I respond to >>9178107 's post. When you talk about stuff, for example smoking cigarettes, or eating meat when you say it, it doesn't sound so serious, you really can't say all that you know and mean about a certain thing, for example smoking cigarettes or eating meat. That's one thing, when people just 'go with the flow'. When it's not a big deal but it is.

So to reply to the guy's post - Thats why we have you as people. The males that do male stuff, like eating meat, and they are males. Your toughts just make you male, because you think you are. And males eat meat. Really male of you. Not to say that I am better, or you are right and I am wrong but to say that there is a thing where few people or a group that just thinks something is in control in opossed to one, or minority.

I am male I eat meat grump grump. I have dick I am male grump grump. Stuff like that.
>>
>>9176398
meh
>>
>>9179796
Have you tried eating some sardines? They'd correct the vitamin deficiency that's causing your passive aggression and lack of drive.
>>
File: tortured.png (178KB, 691x751px) Image search: [Google]
tortured.png
178KB, 691x751px
>>
File: aging_at_the_speed_of_vegan.png (305KB, 556x827px) Image search: [Google]
aging_at_the_speed_of_vegan.png
305KB, 556x827px
>>
What are some good brands for beginners?
>>
>>9181513
>Glasgow
To be fair the heroin and street fights probably contributed.
>>
File: goatmilk.png (175KB, 540x576px) Image search: [Google]
goatmilk.png
175KB, 540x576px
Made moussaka this afternoon. using barley instead of lamb mince.
Technically it isn't vegan because I made the beschamel with butter, but that can easily be subbed for any vegetable fat.
Used this; pic related, instead of cow excretions.
>>
>>9181551
Appropriate brands for beginners are: not animal, vegetables and fruits.
>>
>>9181551
Gardein, Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella (blocks are better than the pre-shredded kind and bubble up better when put under the broiler) is great for pizza and lasagna (things with a layer of cheese on top that you want browned/bubbly). Primal Strips. Amy's has a lot of vegan stuff that's labeled vegan (also has vegetarian though so be careful - not all their soy cheeze stuff is vegan, learned that the hard way with their lactose free mac 'n' cheese). Silk makes great yogurt and milks. Field Roast good everything I've tried so far.
>>
lmao all these fucking losers in this thread going "lol why u so mad bro meat is murder vegan makes me literally superman" meanwhile we got manlets losing muscle mass and kids dying because they think tipping too far on the meat/veg spectrum is a great idea hahaha just end it all my dudes top kek
>>
>>9182871
Your mom really needs to start using parental controls.
>>
My partner and her housemates are vegans. OP's a basketcase, I eat and cook vegan food regularly, it's good, and trying out the different replacements can be fun, but you shouldn't try to take the moral high ground with others when food is an important part of people's culture. The best vegan food is that which doesn't try substitutions and just uses normal ingredients without including meat.

Also being all superior but then buying products from brands that participate in the factory farming industry is stupid as fuck.
>>
File: 20170120_175233.png (1MB, 1440x1404px) Image search: [Google]
20170120_175233.png
1MB, 1440x1404px
>>9171886
Had some lightlife hot dogs with hummus, salad, bell pepper and avocado in wholewheat wraps.

Then I ate a So Delicious salted caramel cashew ice cream bar. It was delicious.
>>
>>9183491
>lightlife hot dogs with hummus, salad, bell pepper and avocado in wholewheat wraps.

This sounds interesting but also disgusting. Could be wrong though.

> So Delicious salted caramel cashew ice cream bar

Jealous. I've been wanting to try those.
>>
>>9176299

Dude.. Do you go around and suck the titties of random ass animals? That doesn't sound very fucking normal to me.. I only suck the titties of my grill. Must be some kind of perv animal fag I bet you fuck dogs too.
>>
Firstworldfags don't even realize that literally hundreds of millions of people around the world eat vegan all day everyday. I'm not veg but after spending time with observant Hindu and Buddhist folk I absorbed some of their cooking techniques and now enjoy cooking animal-free meals on a regular basis. Curries, soups and salads can all be made absolutely delicious without any animal products. Not a big deal.

In a related story, my roommate's garden has been producing an absolute assload of collard greens, kale and broccoli. So it's been curried greens and slaw for me, and I fucking luuuhhh ittt
>>
>>9184240
>hundreds of millions

Maybe a hundred million, if we're generous. Not multiple hundreds.

>Hindu

Not even vegetarian, let alone vegan.
>>
>>9184240
That's a really nice way to say it 'animal-free meals'.
>>
>>9171974
does the guy in you're pick identify himself as an elephant?
>>
>>9185044
should've said Brahmin but still

and there are a bunch of SEAsians who are vegetarian, maybe you haven't been to these countries and are spewing hot air from the anus-brain?
>>
File: Vegtarian for Life.jpg (10KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
Vegtarian for Life.jpg
10KB, 276x182px
I was a vegetarian for the 34 years of my existence, and now I have cancer.

WHY DIDN'T SOMEBODY WARN ME???!

> Long term vegetarian diet changes human DNA raising risk of cancer and heart disease

ong term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.

Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.

Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.

But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.
>>
>>9185389
> Long term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.

Vegetarian India has one of the highest rates of digestive tract cancers in the entire world.

Ironic isn't it?
>>
>>9185389
>The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

Hmmmmm.....

Researchers from Cornell University in the US compared hundreds of genomes from a primarily vegetarian population in Pune, India to traditional meat-eating people in Kansas and found there was a significant genetic difference.

“Those whose ancestry derives from vegetarians are more likely to carry genetics that more rapidly metabolise plant fatty acids,” said Tom Brenna, Professor of Human Nutrition at Cornell.

“In such individuals, vegetable oils will be converted to the more pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid, increasing the risk for chronic inflammation that is implicated in the development of heart disease, and exacerbates cancer.
>>
>>9185391

India is also the biggest consumer of diary in the world.
>>
>>9185432
Take your poo to the loo
>>
>>9185389
Really? 34 years? How did you feel before the cancer, before the bad stuff? Is it really from being vegetarian?
>>
>>9185405
>“Those whose ancestry derives from vegetarians are more likely to carry genetics that more rapidly metabolise plant fatty acids,” said Tom Brenna, Professor of Human Nutrition at Cornell.
>“In such individuals, vegetable oils will be converted to the more pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid, increasing the risk for chronic inflammation that is implicated in the development of heart disease, and exacerbates cancer.

Things that companies like MONSANTO tries to hide from you.
>>
>>9185498
>Really? 34 years? How did you feel before the cancer, before the bad stuff? Is it really from being vegetarian?

The type of colon cancer that I have is rare and almost only found in vegetarians.
>>
>>9185502
>Things that companies like MONSANTO tries to hide from you.

For the study they examined EPIC data on 63,550 men and women aged 20 to 89 recruited throughout the UK during the 1990s. They got the cancer incidence figures from national cancer registries.

The results showed that:

For colorectal cancer, vegetarians showed a 39 per cent higher incidence rate compared with meat eaters.
>>
>>9185364
>a bunch of

"A bunch" doesn't round up to hundreds of millions.
>>
>>9185536
all rook same same 2 me
>>
>>9185567
>can't tell the difference between Asian religions and their dietary restrictions (or lack thereof)
>uses those religions to promote a Western ethical ideology

There's a movie theater somewhere missing a projector.
>>
>>9185515
Can you tell me your opinions and feelings before the cancer? Also pretty tough luck that rare hit you. Hopefully you will get better and successfuly treat the cancer.
>>
>>9185389
>>9185391
>>9185405
>>9185502
>>9185521
>still samefagging this retarded shit
>>
>>9185405
>Researchers from Cornell University in the US compared hundreds of genomes from a primarily vegetarian population in Pune, India to traditional meat-eating people in Kansas and found there was a significant genetic difference.
>“Those whose ancestry derives from vegetarians are more likely to carry genetics that more rapidly metabolise plant fatty acids,” said Tom Brenna, Professor of Human Nutrition at Cornell.
>“In such individuals, vegetable oils will be converted to the more pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid, increasing the risk for chronic inflammation that is implicated in the development of heart disease, and exacerbates cancer.

Interesting read. A quick googling shows that this seems to be a major problem in the vegetarian community...
>>
>>9185637

Do you have any facts to contribute regarding Vegetarianism and its elevated colon cancer rates?

If not, you might learn something here.

* The more you know **** * * * * * *
>>
>>9185655
>>9185659
>as always slightly more than 1 minute apart
Hmmm

Are you that autistic you spam your samefag "discussion" about vegetarians in a thread about vegan food? Fuck off to /fit/ or /sci/ with that.
>>
>>9185389
Do you have any sources?
>>
>>9185655
That's not an issue in the west anon
Vegans babies in the west can't survive and end up dying all the time
Considering the child moratilty rates among vegans vegan women are pretty much h barren
>>
>>9185668
He got that shit from an article about a single study that highlights 2 very well known "issues". He's retarded and keeps spamming this shit since then, talking to himself and shitposting people who disagree. No idea why he is so obsessed, probably because this is 4chan and many people here are literally retarded.
>>
>>9185662

So nothing intelligent to contribute... thought so.
>>
>>9185668
>>9185680
That is what I expected.
>>
Why are vegans this scared and triggered when faced with facts?
>>
>>9185659
>Do you have any facts to contribute regarding Vegetarianism and its elevated colon cancer rates?

It'd be nice if all these triggered vegans defending their food choices can post the reason why vegetarians have 40% higher colon cancer rates.
>>
>>9185696
>Why are vegans this scared and triggered when faced with facts?

I just love it when vegans are faced with reality that their food choices have negative consequences and the triggered vegans shit the bed in a tantrum as a response.

lol
>>
>>9185696
>>9185697
>>9185704
Stop samefagging already.
>>
>>9185708
>Stop samefagging already.

> "waaaaaahhhhh Facts hurt my little vegan head. stop showing me these!"

We will samefag your vegan threads all day, every day. lol

Deal with it*

*It = Facts
>>
>>9181479
So, doctor, which vitamin deficiencies does anon have resulting in irritability? Surely you're an expert seeing as you prescribed sardines, unless you get all your information from 4chan, no?
>>
>>9185696
You won't cite any of your sources for these alleged "facts". I think people are less "triggered and scared" and more embarrassed for you.
>>
File: ceviche.jpg (62KB, 735x414px) Image search: [Google]
ceviche.jpg
62KB, 735x414px
Most recent thing I made was jackfruit ceviche.

I used canned, green jackfruit, rinsed, and then simmered the jackfruit for 15 minutes in a white miso and seaweed broth, which added a very mild ocean taste.

I then cut off the tough part of each bit of the jackfruit (the part that holds the seed) and (after taking out the seed and eating it) cut that up very thinly, shredding the more tender part with my fingers.

I then finely minced seeded jalapeno and red onion, cubed some tomato, and mashed some garlic, and mixed it all together with EVOO and freshly squeezed lime juice, seasoning with fine sea salt, black pepper, and cumin.

I let this marinade for 24 hours in the fridge, then mixed in cubed avocado and adjusted the seasoning to taste.

Served with corn tortilla chips. Pic related.
>>
File: soup.jpg (300KB, 1627x915px) Image search: [Google]
soup.jpg
300KB, 1627x915px
>>9185949

I made a few other things over the last couple weeks as well (things that were good and at least looked alright).

This was a green lentil and yellow potato soup with green curry paste. Basically I sauteed some onions and garlic, added some spices and let those toast, then added lemon juice and water. Whisked in green curry paste and a little no-chicken bouillon and marmite, then added more water along with cubed potato and lentils. Let it cook in the pressure cooker for 30 minutes then let it naturally depressurize. I finished it by adding a big pat of homemade vegan butter and some spinach, and setting it to simmer until the spinach was cooked. Not in pic, but I served it with some fresh chopped green onion.
>>
File: quinoa_tabbouleh.jpg (467KB, 1627x915px) Image search: [Google]
quinoa_tabbouleh.jpg
467KB, 1627x915px
>>9185977

A little less photogenic, but made some quinoa tabbouleh. After the pic was taken, I went back and pureed some more cilantro/parsley along with some mint from my garden, and added the puree to the tabbouleh, which made everything a lovely shade of green.

I later discovered (we ate it all in a couple days and made it again) that quinoa works better for this if you cook it with a little under a 1:1 ratio of water:quinoa, since it will be a little firm when you mix into the salad, and the citrus will kinda finish cooking it and the texture+flavor is better that way.
>>
>>9185986
>tabbouleh
I swear I've seen a dozen different ways to spell that.

Also good job, looks nice.
>>
File: better_tabbouleh.jpg (276KB, 1627x915px) Image search: [Google]
better_tabbouleh.jpg
276KB, 1627x915px
>>9185999
Thanks

I had a family friend when I was younger who was from Lebanon, and I have something of an inferiority complex about any food I try to make that she made for me at one point. You just can't compete with that.
>>
>>9185986
Why not use bulgur? That's literally the bulk of the meal. Also looks dry and missing fatoush for dat crunchines
>>
>>9179796
It's okay bro, no need to confront yourself with these facts. Truth hurts sometimes, but that's cool.
>>9181460
Same goes for you bro, I just gave you some anecdotal evidence which is based on facts.

I know a vegan and he was prescribed to eat steak by his doctor, felt pretty sad for the guy because it's his beliefs etcetera. He's turned vegetarian now, and occasionally eats steak.

For me personally I think eating white meat and having dairy products is fine, because I combine it with lots of leafy greens and other delicious vegetables. I eat the white meat because it has less of an impact on the earth. However I do not give a fuck if an animal dies for me, thats just the pecking order which I choose to uphold.

Also Indians might be vegan but they look yucky.
>>
>>9186038
>Why not use bulgur? That's literally the bulk of the meal.

Because I didn't have any, and they don't sell it at the stores I normally go to.

And yeah, I had the same conclusion about being dry. That's why I added some pureed parsley and fresh lemon juice, which helped a lot in that regard.

I thought fatoush was a different salad with like bread in it?
>>
>>9177997
i roast my potatoes in the oven tossed in cumin, coriander and cinnamon for 30 minutes then add again at the end
>>
File: knäckebrödspizza.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
knäckebrödspizza.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Decided to go vegan until I get sick of it. Here's the highlight reel so far.
>>
File: vegan-burgs-with-avocados.jpg (443KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
vegan-burgs-with-avocados.jpg
443KB, 1600x800px
>>9186200
>>
>>9186200
>take a bite
>toppings fly across the room

No thanks.
>>
>>9186203
>>
File: carrot patties with mash.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
carrot patties with mash.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9186208
>>
>>9186200
>Decided to go vegan until I get sick of it.

That was pretty much my intent as well, though it was also partially due to my doctor talking to me about statins for my cholesterol at age 23 (lol keto)
>>
>>9186221
Tonights dinner fucking sucked though, and my grandmother invited me out for lunch at some restaurant that probably doesn't have vegan options tomorrow. This might be the breaking point.
>>
>>9186228

Yeah, going out to eat can suck. I try to always steer us toward a Mediterranean restaurant since I know there will be something I can eat there at least. I'll admit to eating vegetarian food a couple of times when traveling out of state with others, though.
>>
>>9186282
What are some good mediterranean dishes that I can keep an eye open for? Those restaurants here (northern northern Europe) typically carry bolognese and chorizo...
>>
File: C50jA9BWMAAJb5D.jpg (21KB, 460x613px) Image search: [Google]
C50jA9BWMAAJb5D.jpg
21KB, 460x613px
>>9171886
>>
File: mezze.jpg (115KB, 870x580px) Image search: [Google]
mezze.jpg
115KB, 870x580px
>>9186314
>Those restaurants here (northern northern Europe) typically carry bolognese and chorizo...

Chorizo in a Mediterranean restaurant? lolwut???

These are typically vegan:

Hummus or Baba Ganoush and pita or vegetables
Falafel (sometimes comes with tzatziki, which is a yogurt-based sauce)
Dolma (some types have meat, but it's usually specified)
Sarma (occasionally contains lamb)
Muhammara
Tabbouleh
Olives / artichokes / etc

Pic related, mostly vegan mezze platter (except taztziki at bottom)
>>
>>9186346
That's Middle Eastern, Mediterranean is Italian, Spanish and Greek mostly
>>
>>9186364

I guess that's true, it's just that every self-described Mediterranean restaurant I've been to has served primarily Greek and Levantine food. I guess I'm mostly referring to Levantine mezze when I say there are options.
>>
>>9186346
zero nutrition in that picture
>>
>>9186382
> zero nutrition

lolwut? That pic literally contains some of the healthiest stuff you can eat, though I suppose there is quite a lot of olive oil. And if we're just talking surviving a single meal eaten out occasionally, it's not like nutrition is a problem anyway - it tastes delicious regardless.
>>
>>9186346
Looks pretty nasty but I'd eat it apart from the olives and tomatoes. At least that white sauce looks nice I might try dipping one of those leaf bag things in it.
>>
>>9186506
>leaf bag things
Rice-filled wine leaves, amazing shit
>>
>>9174516
>Tastes like the rotting corpse of a plant that was covered in dirt and shit instead
You can reduce anything to be gross.
Dead doesn't mean rotting anyway.
>>
>>9176209
Veal is delicious, though.
>>
>>9186382
Did you link the wrong picture by mistake? It had a wide variety of foods from multiple food groups, it's actually quite balanced and healthy.
>>
>>9186346
There is clearly feta in those olives.
>>
>>9186081
Tell your former vegan friend his doctor is a fucking moron and most doctors aren't even trained in nutrition.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430660/
>>
>>9186654

So it's a mostly vegan, vegetarian platter. You could just not order/eat the dairy stuff. But it would be better to go vegetarian for a meal than to decide "this is too hard, fuck it" and go back to eating meat. I figure, just order it with the best of intentions, and if the restaurant fucks up and gives you dairy, point it out but you don't have to send it back since they're just going to throw it away anyway.
>>
I honestly couldn't imagine going back to meat. What a boring and unhealthy way to eat.
>>
>>9189104
>Boring
I don't understand. You have way more options when you eat meat. It's not that you can't eat vegetarian/vegan if you feel like it.
>>
>>9189133
No, but the meat dish becomes the main focus. When you go vegan the veggies become the main focus and there are way more veggies than there are types of meat.

Only when you go vegan do you realize how dependent people are on animal products. It's really weird.
>>
>>9189150
>No, but the meat dish becomes the main focus

Only if you let it. And there's no reason to do that.
>>
>>9189153
But that's what happens to 99% of meat eaters. Going vegan forces you to learn how to cook many different things.
>>
>>9189150
Each part of an animal tastes different, and each animal tastes different from other animals. There's a huge variety of flavors available. Closing yourself off to that decreases your options, and that's just math. No amount of logical hoop-jumping will change the numbers.
>>
>>9189164
>But that's what happens to 99% of meat eaters
So?
I would suggest that the majority of Vegans are likewise fixed on a small number of foods.

>>Going vegan forces you to learn how to cook many different things.
Sure. But you can cook those same things without going vegan.

>>9189166
Agreed.
>>
>>9189166
I'm not disputing that.

How many hundreds of varieties of vegetables are there? How many can most westerners cook well? Let's be honest here. The vast majority of meat eaters can cook a few different types of meat well, and the veggies become a side thing.
>>
>>9189168
No one is disputing the numbers. The reality is that most meat eaters use the same few anime products in all their cooking.
>>
>>9176318
What about hinduism and rasta religion being vegans
>>
>>9189168
>I would suggest that the majority of Vegans are likewise fixed on a small number of foods

Yep. "My diet is so much more diverse now that I replaced all of the meat in it with tofu, gluten and chick peas!"
>>
>>9176398
After watching those 3 documentaries I craved meat more then ever before. I'm for one am actually proud of being able to formulate my own ethics and standards. I feel I have to eat more meat to compensate for the economy and all the vegans out there. What if these farmers go bankrupt. Vegans literally prefer animal life over there own nice way to get humanity extinct.
>>
>>9189213
So edgy
>>
>>9189236
>protecting human livelihoods is edgy

Vegans are mentally sick.
>>
>>9189303
Yeah man, gotta keep watching CP or else those poor CP producers will be out of business!
>>
>>9172571
here another (You) for triggering all those numale vegan fags
>>
>>9172828
>vegan
might i suggest
>>>/b/
or
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: govegansaveworld.gif (643KB, 1190x1080px) Image search: [Google]
govegansaveworld.gif
643KB, 1190x1080px
>>
>>9174516
i can just feel your neck pubes quivering in rage as you posted this
>>
>>9176162
sounds like you would get along with germaine "you're not a real woman unless you've drank you're own menstrual blood" greer
also i dont think you can have these beliefs and not understand why people hate vegans
vegetarians should thank you for society being ok with them now desu
>>
File: number of genders.png (146KB, 402x280px) Image search: [Google]
number of genders.png
146KB, 402x280px
>>9176170
not only do i not give a shit but i derive pleasure from this upsetting you
>>
>>9189303

you are the dumbest fuck in the world.
>>
>>9176324
>vegans
>sense
Anon, I-
>>
>>9189346
haha i get it its funny because vegans are gay and probably use macs too XD
>>
>>9186282
We went to a cozy café/restaurant thing. The only thing they had that wasn't loaded with meats were zucchini patties, but they had some feta cheese in them. Went for them anyways, they were good, and I don't feel guilty at all because I don't care about the animals anyways.
Gonna try some tofu tonight, never had.
>>
>>9189306
>children are the same as cows

Yep, mentally sick.
>>
>>9189515
> but they had some feta cheese in them.

I really don't understand the stick-in-the-ass a lot of vegans have over stuff like this. They make it into an all-or-nothing proposition where it seems that if you can't be perfect, why even bother being vegetarian? An attitude where you either go vegan and be totally consistent or you might as well go eat nothing but meat.

Obviously it should be preferable that people go vegetarian if they can't maintain being vegan, especially if they're new to it and it's infrequent that they do so anyway.

>Gonna try some tofu tonight, never had.

I'd recommend starting with "classic" uses of tofu. Try making some miso soup:

> Light vegetable stock or vegetarian dashi (i.e., crushed kombu)
> Miso paste
> Dried wakame seaweed
> Soft tofu

Make or prepare some light, watered-down vegetable stock (or, ideally, a light kombu broth). Bring to a boil. Add miso, stir until dissolved, and reduce to low simmer. Add in wakame and cubed soft tofu, and let it simmer for a minute or two and then reduce to let it poach a couple minutes. Toss in some thinly sliced scallions.

If you want to branch out, one simple thing you can do is pat firm tofu dry and then fry it in oil until crispy and darkly browned, then glaze it with a sauce (e.g., soy sauce + miso paste + brown sugar + rice wine vinegar + ginger paste), let it sit for a while to marinade and then broil it until the outside caramelizes. From there it's good eaten as-is, or cut up and tossed into stir-fry or into strips and mixed with noodles.

There's a bunch of weird shit other vegans do with tofu, which can work to varying degrees (especially when you've been vegan a few years and can't quite remember what stuff tastes like), but sticking mainly to asian dishes is much safer at the start.

That being said, when I was doing keto, I would thinly slice extra-firm tofu and deep-fry in lard to make low-carb chips to dip in mayo...
>>
>>9189359
Man, I have to re-read it few times only to barely understand you. Really didn't understand your reply.
>>
>>9189578

I think anti-speciesism is pretty dumb too. I'm vegan, but largely for human reasons (e.g., supporting a growing planet, reducing land usage per person for food, less impact to the environment, better health) and while I think on balance it's better not to kill or farm animals if you don't have to, if I had to choose between a pig and a human I'd choose the human every time, just as I'd choose any great ape over any other mammal, and any mammal over any invertebrate. You'd think this would be a common viewpoint, but I tend to get shouted down by other vegans.

As for human farming livelihoods - any population shifts to vegetarianism/veganism will be slow over time, and at least in the medium term, offset on a global scale by increases in wealth in developing nations.

In most first-world nations, moreover, the bulk of animal ag is being done by large multinational corporations (not to harp on muh socialism free lunch or anything), meaning that it's not as if a decrease in Tyson Chicken sales is going to lead to a bunch of ma and pa farmers going out of business.

My family had a lot of farmers in it, but not anymore, because over the past like 50 years farming has become less and less feasible for small players.

Moreover, more people are likely to start buying higher quality / "humane" meat/dairy well before vegetarians become anywhere near a threat to the industry as a whole, and this trend (fueled by some of the same forces that fuel vegetarianism) may actually lead to better economic prospects for small/local farmers as opposed to larger corporations.

Plus, farming jobs have already declined by huge amounts over the last several centuries as a result of technological innovation. The amount of animal-ag jobs that would be lost would be trivial compared to the jobs that agriculture has bled/is bleeding, and is a part of a systemic problem of technological/structural unemployment that will grow in all sectors of society over the coming decades.
>>
>>9174516

> tfw I'm vegan but wish Star Trek replicators were real and I could materialize a blue-rare steak out of constituent atoms
>>
Does it count as vegan if I don't use fake meat/fake cheese/fake milk but still cook and eat something with no animal products in it whatsoever?
Cuz if so, I ate vegan yesterday (save breakfast as I had milkcoffee). If not, then likely never cuz that fake shit tastes awful.

Yesterday lunch: chickpea and aubergine curry with sweetpeas. Also rice.

Yesterday dinner: pasta with pumpkin.

Snacks: an apple, a handful of cherries, two pickles, a piece of quince paste and a fennel salad.

I go vegetarian every other day because reasons and nearly all the vegetarian stuff I cook happens to exclude all animal products altogether.
>>
>>9189625
>paragraph five

Right, and I don't see why the small business I buy excellent beef from should be destroyed.
>>
>>9189907
Search about vegetarians and vegans.
>>
>>9189948
>I don't see why the small business I buy excellent beef from should be destroyed

They would be among the *last* to be destroyed, and in all likelihood (even in the "best case" for vegetarians) this wouldn't be for many decades or even centuries. At which point they would occupy an absurdly small number of jobs due to technological change.

And I mean, talking in terms of animal welfare specifically, should we always concern ourselves primarily with a small number of jobs? For example, there are countries where whaling or baby seal clubbing is legal economic activity, and one argument for that is that it's cultural or there are jobs on the line. But is that a very good reason for rational moral agents?
>>
>>9189965
wut
>>
>>9189971
Quote: "Does it count as vegan if I don't use fake meat/fake cheese/fake milk but still cook and eat something with no animal products in it whatsoever?"

It counts as vegetarian. Tell me your opinion why you should go vegetarian/vegan?
>>
>>9189578
>i-i-i-i-i-it's apples and oranges! You can't compare the two!!!!

Your logic is retarded.
>>
>>9189625
>tfw a vegan in China

It really is annoying to see the growth of veganism in the West being overshadowed by the growing middle class here. People think meat means the taste of the wealthy. They can't understand why I wouldn't want to eat it.
>>
Spook city
>>
What the deal with seitan? Where do I buy it? Is it easy to make? Is it tasty?
>>
>>9185521
For the study they examined EPIC data on 63,550 men and women aged 20 to 89 recruited throughout the UK during the 1990s. They got the cancer incidence figures from national cancer registries.
The results showed that:
For colorectal cancer, vegetarians showed a 39 per cent higher incidence rate compared with meat eaters.

Wow... google says you're not bull shitting.
>>
>>9185502

I have Irritable bowl syndrome, & my doctor says that my chronic inflammation will lead to cancer if I don't do some thing to stop it.
>>
>>9185521

Conveniently leaving out the results that say that vegetarians had a lower overall cancer rate than meat eaters
>>
>>9171974
>"Hurr durr"
>fuck off retard
>"Wow so triggered lol"
Go back to /r/tumblrinaction
>>
>>9186282
The rare instances of travel and being around specific people who just can't leave it alone are the biggest I still have with regard to "full" (as much as possible) veganism. It's a bitch, but it's also not one of the "common" problems so you don't get much discussion around it either.

>>9186314
What >>9186346 said, and sometimes it's worth it to check out the soups as well. Clear soups are a gamble because they might be made with chicken stock or eggs in the broth, but thicker ones like stews are a safer bet. I see lentil stews in Greek and mediterranean places a lot, and that's vegan unless you're purposely fucking it up.

>>9186346
Heaven.

>>9190410
Yeah, that's definitely a trend but it's also exactly why it's cool to have you talking about it.
>>
I read a book, it was written by a person in a concentration camp. When I read it I stopped eating animals. It is about how every single thing that you do to animals hurts them like it would hurt you.

Of course, you don't hurt animals, you just buy the product in the store and eat it. But when you get aware of the process it makes you think...
>>
Bumping with a question, anybody here pretty new to veganism or still in the major transition phase? A friend is considering it and asked me to pull together some resources/reading materials to help with both the education and figuring out how to do it parts.

Thing is, apart from a few little issues that I'm still figuring out, I'm pretty much settled into it now. I know my comfortable resources, where to go for a quick lookup, where to go for deeper research - I do all my daily life stuff without really having to think about it.

I've got the sources and statistics; what I'm looking for is the most useful way to put them together. If there are any new/potential vegans around here, how would you want to see all the information out there? By topic? Separated into heavy and light reading? Just links, or summaries too? If someone was going to help you with all this, where would you want them to start? What problems have you had with finding information that you wish had been made clearer or easier to access?

>How the fuck do I organize years' worth of random links, anon
Thread posts: 243
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.