[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/eternal skateboarding general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 43

File: goearlyorgo.jpg (22KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
goearlyorgo.jpg
22KB, 600x400px
Basic brand info for beginners http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe reviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

Submit a shoe review: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

skatepark etiquette: see OP image

old thread:>>2686516

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djpPof-LLMo
>>
What GameCube game is that?
>>
>>2729330
Skate 4
>>
Third for razor scooters
>>
File: long_white.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
long_white.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
Where can I get one of these with a custom image printed on the underside? it's only 2 colors
>>
File: hufclassiclo.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
hufclassiclo.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>2729322
Just bought a pair of these. How did I do esg?
>>
>>2729752
kys
>>
>>2729755
why
>>
>>2729752
Pretty good
>>
Im what order should i learn tricks? I currently only know how to do an ollie. What next?
>>
File: kung foo'.jpg (8KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
kung foo'.jpg
8KB, 200x252px
>>2729861
>Im what order should i learn tricks?

there is no order
>>
>>2729861
Pick a trink you want to learn, learn it, if it is a combo of other tricks, learn those first
>>
>>2729861
how long did it take you?
>>
>>2730030
4 days of 2-3 hour sessions
>>
>>2729861
I can only ollie, pop shuv and shuv. I find shuvs to be easier than ollies. less energy required
>>
>>2730075
Might learn the shuv actually
>>
>>2730041
How solid are your ollies? It's taken me about a year to get them where I can almost do em on command and I can't land anything else.
>>
>>2730103
I'm sure mine aren't anywhere close as good as yours, but I can land 4/5, I'll obviously keep working on them, but I want something else to not get bored. But overall I think they are pretty solid.
>>
File: 1454812674963.jpg (186KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454812674963.jpg
186KB, 720x720px
>friend forces me to show him how to do inward heel
>say I've never landed it but I show him the foot position and try to go for it for fun
>I pop it super high and land it ridiculously clean first try
>first time I ever landed it
>friend thinks I was being humble before

Dunno if this is a good or bad thing.
>>
>>2730116
yes, keep trying, keep it interesting and diverse, you will also gain some level of familiarity with other tricks when you perfect "the main" trick, so you can practice easier.

>>2730134
obviously it's a great thing
>>
File: jh.png (1MB, 1202x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jh.png
1MB, 1202x1200px
john hill went pro
>>
>>2730417
apparently, turning pro is joining or forming a 1% motorcycle club: you are recognised by other clubs, but who knows what makes certain clubs seem legit to the other legit clubs.
>>
>>2730417
but is his part any good?
>>
Are there any tricks&tipps to get over the fear doing tricks while rolling?

I'm not very good at skateboarding in general but I can do a pretty decent (180) ollie as long as i'm standing, I also landed 2 kickflips and can stand shove it all the time.
But when I'm rolling my mind is like WTF YOU WILL DIE and blocks any of my knowledge and I fail ridiculously.

How can I overcome my fear? Just trying and falling and realizing that it won't even hurt that much?
>>
Finally got BS boardslides consistent. They're so much fun.
>>
>>2733074
I feel that dude, I finally got those down recently as well. Shit's fun as fuck
>>
Bought a cheap pennyboard, and I am in my mid twenties.
no homo.
>>
>>2733423
>I'm a homo. no homo.
>>
>>2732912
Wear pads, take falls.
>>
File: ocramps.tk_images_Hb-Ramp0311.jpg (70KB, 800x367px) Image search: [Google]
ocramps.tk_images_Hb-Ramp0311.jpg
70KB, 800x367px
What are your guys' biggest tips for miniramps? I'm still working up to getting over my fear of rocking to fakie. IDK why but it just skaters the shit out of me on a miniramp. I can stand alone ramps, but on miniramps the combination of high speed makes me shit myself.
>>
>>2733423
I'n an alternate reality they're called lenny boards.
>>
>>2732912
there is a spell but I won't share it with you
>>
>>2733617
thought so

>>2733754
liar
>>
>>2730417
I could honestly curb stomp him into dust and feel happy about it
>>
>>2734042
>I could honestly curb stomp him into dust

y-you mean in a game of s.k.a.t.e., r-right anon?
>>
>busy with work
>haven't skated in over a week
>today bump into skater friends cruising round the city
>share a cig with them and borrow a friend's board
>talking about how I still can't land tres even after 3 years of skating
>try one then and there, first trick in a week
>land it
>wtf
it's so weird. I've been trying that trick for literally years. Hours and hours at a time have unsuccessfully gone into trying to land that trick. How did I just get it first try like that?
>>
>>2734177
idk maybe by not worrying about it and applying all of your knowledge regarding the trick in a new way which had been key to getting the trick that you hadn't been applying correctly before. The new situation was infront of your friends. Just my theory on why that shit happens
>>
>>2734177
I don't think it's that uncommon and I 'll give you my explanation; when you haven't skated for some time, it builds up in you, you get the memories of good skating sessions and don't even care if it's going to be a good sesh your next one, you just want to skate. All the while, you are imagining a trick, visualising it, which is the best way of actually doing a trick. So when you step on a board with that mindset, you a) don't care and b) have a clearer mental image of the movements than if you had burned out trying to land it in one sesh, building frustration

this >>2734181
in more words
>>
>>2731929
i'm not sure i didn't buy the dvd i hope they post their parts online
>>
>>2734245
somewhere, Mike Carrol is reading this post and wants to kill you when nobody's watching.
>>
>>2734177
You'd been doing it wrong. This time you tried from a not-wrong mindset.
>>
>>2729322
admit it this is the best cky gig ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrfbkEuLBF0

fuck I miss cky and how they were. props to the individuals that wen't their own way and carried on the torch but fuck.

cky are fucking amazing
>>
File: 1417158630632.jpg (288KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
1417158630632.jpg
288KB, 1024x681px
Does anyone have a side board to ride for shits? I was thinking about buying a nickel board complete or assembling a Powell reissue or something.
>>
what purpose does skate photo have when videos are so easy to get out these days?
>>
>>2734892
Magazines can't print videos, and screencaps from a video aren't the same as a photograph. Different styles of narrative and so forth.

For example a photograph must show where the skater came from, what he's doing (slightly before peak usually), and where he went afterward (because published photos are assumed to be from landed attempts). Whereas a video would just roll to show the run-up, trick, land, roll-away; so there's no need to have a single moment in which there's a photographic composition.

You can also use a lot more artificial light in a photograph, since it's only that 1/1000 of a second that's being recorded, so with enough electronic flash units the photographer can basically freeze time and bring his own sun into a dark, dank parking garage or some such.

Them's the basics.
>>
>>2729322
reeeeeeee normieesssssss

is anyone here actually good at skateboarding? I find it hard to believe that good skateboarder normie cool kids use this website.
>>
whats the worst park you've been to

>concrete jungle MI
>>
>>2730417
what a gross pro model
>>
>>2734379
Yeah i can dig this. I must have just done it right. Still, spooky stuff...
>>
>>2734931
>5% guys who can actually shred. Can ride bowl, hit medium to big stair sets, skate handrails.
>25% dudes who've been skating a couple of years with their highschool friends on their mom's driveway and local shitty park. Have 15+ flatground tricks on lock, can do a couple of tricks on a ledge/flat bar, can have fun on a miniramp.
>65% just picked up skating in their 20s again and are using the same board they had when they were 13. Can do shitty standing ollies and are now working on their shuvs. Progress is slow for this group because they refuse to skate infront of any humans and will trek hours and hours into the wilderness to practice.
>5% mall grabbing, penny board riding faggots who think that skateboarding is a trendy transport alternative to bicycles.
>>
File: 1359055681236.gif (822KB, 299x235px) Image search: [Google]
1359055681236.gif
822KB, 299x235px
>>2734931
>>
>>2734441
I'm seeing them live in September.
Can't wait!
>>
>>2735697
I can relate to the 65%

i want to be cool one day too
>>
>>2734703
Building a dank hybrid cruiser from 1980s reissue deck > buying a plastic complete from the gayest brand... ever

Come on bruh.
>>
>>2735158
My local
>>
>>2734931
I don't consider myself "good" but I can do things, lol
>>
>>2735697
i think the 65% are pretty much the majority of this thread
>>
>>2735923
lucky bastard
>>
File: sk8strpl2.jpg (145KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
sk8strpl2.jpg
145KB, 612x612px
who is the best skateboarder of all time after Rodney Mullen and why is it Mike Vallely?
>>
>>2729927
>tfw learned varial kickflips before kickflips
>>
how to watch KOTR outside US? viceland website doesn't like canada
>>
File: 2vpOvd7.png (416KB, 504x391px) Image search: [Google]
2vpOvd7.png
416KB, 504x391px
>>2735697
which do you fall into
>>
>>2734703
Ive got a globe cruiser board from the 80s, the woods about to split but it rides great and looks like a piece of history, wich is nice
>>
>>2737484
That's hardly surprising, varials are easier than kickflips.
>>
>>2737023
>bests
>in skateboarding
Get a load of this pleb
>>
>>2735697
I fall into none of these, try again.
>>
>>2729752
learn back 3 no complys and wallie a jersey barrier
>>
>>2737612
on one hand you are right, on the other it's personal opinion, and I am asking for that. WHo do you like?
>>
>>2737516

TunnelBear.
>>
Thinking about making a little ledge out the back of my house since I can't really get out to the park as much as I'd like to... Anybody got tips for diy shit? I'm planning on making it out of bricks and cementing the top relatively smooth for grinds and shit but I have no idea what I'm doing
>>
>>2738715
liquid nail bricks together to your desired height, then liquid nail angle iron onto the edges. optionally, fill in the space between the angle iron on the top of the brick with pvc, masonite, or some other thin material so that grinds aren't too uneven.

Look up videos on how to correctly use liquid nails
>>
>>2738833
Shit yeah I never thought about angle iron for the edges, I'll look into it a little more before I start building.
>>
>>2738693
what's that?
>>
>>2737023
FUCK MIKE V.

After learning that he stole Ed Templeton's paycheck, that guy can get bucked.
>>
>>2739287
there have been worse fuck overs in the industry. At least he apologised. And it was over need, not greed.
>>
>>2739292
Yo, I guess you right. But still that was fucked up.

Anyone hyped for Lakai's "The Flare" coming out in july?
>>
>>2739299
You know what you could pinpoitn to Mike V.? The fact that he came back to Powell, repentant. Go find the ad of his return, it's on skately.com. You can touch a lot of skateboarding's history from ads.
>>
>>2739287
mike v is fucking awesome elaborate
>>
>>2739259
definitely do angle iron, bricks alone will wear down way too easily from grinds
>>
Noob here

How do you call the trick at 0:56 ?

https://youtu.be/x5iG0TsjX-I?t=56s

Is it just pop shuv-it 360 body varial? Or do I have to use backside/frontside terminology? Does "body varial" imply any direction?
>>
>>2739795
it's a backside bigspin

invented by this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NGm3Pm6DAk
>>
>>>/toy/
>>
Tips on landing varials? I often land with just my front foot on the back end of the board. Do I need to lean forward into it or what?
>>
>>2739827
We don't want them with us
>>
>>2740040
Toys rule so do skateboards and so does wrestling. Everyone need to chill.
>>
File: 8773.webm (354KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
8773.webm
354KB, 640x360px
i really need to lose weight
>>
>>2740386
me too
>>
>>2739821
Thanks bro ily that's awesome
>>
>>2739795
This is so different from the modern skating I've seen lol. No one does such long lines, everyone is more concerned with landing the tricks better and popping higher (bet a good part of these tricks would get a redo on BATB), and the guy is even pushing mongo

Was skating back then less affected and more raw?
>>
>>2739795
Watch games of skate to learn what trick are called, Majer crew are good and (obviously) berrics
>>
Ok getting back into skating after like 15 years. Never was great but I'm confused a bit.

Kids at the park couldn't land a flat ground trick to save their lives but I can't get air and hit a crook or boardslide to save mine.what gives? Why is flat ground so easy to me but difficult for them and vice versa? I can't imagine getting that air and grinding on a 3 foot bench. They can't do flat but they can get ridiculous air and hit all sorts of slides...? Fuck I'm jealous
>>
>>2740789
are you referring to Lotti's legendary part? The part that is the link between late 80s (up to 1990) street skating and everything that came after Video Days? The part where a switch 360 ollie was first recorded?
>>
>>2740386
what for? that looked awesome.
>>
>>2736975
>most percent
>majority

You might be right...
>>
>>2739827
>>>/hm/
>>
Do you guys wear thrasher magazine apparel?

Hat, shirt etc.

This friend of mine bought the merch because to her it looked cool (hipster type). She got herself a penny board and occasionally cruises (awkwardly). She told me that now her purchase is justified since she's a skater now to which I replied : Actual skaters don't wear thrasher clothes just to be identified.

Tbh it doesn't matter that much, I'm not ragging on her for wearing thrasher and being a poser.

MY original question is if you guys wear that stuff or other skater brands.
>>
>>2741514
I do. I like certain brands who sponsored guys I liked. Don't own any thrasher stuff though I fucked some alt girl in a thrasher tank top once for some big cums.

This reminds me I want a Chadillac Muskalade shirt.
>>
>>2741514
I have an old Skate and Destroy hoodie that I occasionally wear. After Thrasher got huge in fashion I haven't wanted to buy any of it because I need to be a special snowflake.

>>2741531
>not a virgin
NORMIE GET OUT REEEEEE
>>
File: TPhE3Lr.jpg (96KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
TPhE3Lr.jpg
96KB, 960x960px
>>2741531
>>2741542

That same girl gave me this shirt

https://www.suicidaltendenciesstore.com/collections/work-shirts/products/possessed-longsleeve-work-shirt

But I don't wear it at all out of principle since she's my ex and shit. Then again, i did pimp out board recently with new wheels and griptape job.

Old: http://i.imgur.com/gjceJ0T.jpg
>>
I've been trying blunt to fakie for a month now, I'm so close I can taste it. Though it has rained all week this week which sucks balls. I can get some pop off the blunt now, but I still haven't been able to commit and roll away.

>>2740864
When I started slides, It didn't feel like I'd ollie into the slide, rather I'd just hop onto the rail.
Keep your shoulders straight and your board underneath you. Practice my man.

>>2741514
I have a Hawaiian shirt with surfboard pictures and "SURF" written all over it. I rarely surf.
Thrasher and indie merch is sick imo, don't have any of it though.
I have a lot of nice socks. Spitfire, Toy Machine and Santa Cruz socks.
>>
>>2741583
Then again, skateboarding is basically surfing on pavement.
>>
>>2741514
I don't. I can't really wear it because, other than the online archive they have (which you all should check out), I have never had any copies of my own. I do however to this day rock Metal Hammer t-shirts, because that was my magazine.
>>
>>2741627
I gotta check that archive. I had a friend who has a picture in an issue like, 97. I'll die if I can find it.
>>
>>2741647
oh, the archive stops somewhere in '97, good luck finding the photo before the last archived issue!
>>
>>2741618
Reason me and my brother started skating as kids was because the nearest beach was like 3 hrs away so we could never surf. I'm gonna try to go surfing next weekend actually if I can dig up my old board... starting to get too hot to skate.
>>2741650
If I find it I'm gonna post it haha.
>>
File: skateven.jpg (52KB, 390x373px) Image search: [Google]
skateven.jpg
52KB, 390x373px
>>2741696
>>2741583
oh stop it, I have never tried sühfing and there's nothing more I wish.

and yes, please post the picture if you find it.
>>
>YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE
>tfw 24 and already feel too old to skate

Feels like if I go to the park, I'm gonna be the Hello Fellow Kids guy.
>>
File: surfsup.jpg (56KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
surfsup.jpg
56KB, 500x338px
>>2741888
...and then you 'll see the 35- and 45-year olds who shred and get anxious to be as good and rush to a drop in and then WOO WOO to the hospital and all your friends laughing at you and your parents think you 're a failure and the cia registers you as someone with deviant tendencies.

WHAT HAS LIFE BECOME?
WHAT????

fucking yuppies, I am 29 and work a menial jobberidoo and my mom is still yelling at me to clean my room.
I am Otto, the busdriver. Thank you for giving me the ooportunity to use this image, as without context it wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>2741888
>>2741905
35 and getting back into rolling around from like a 23 year break. Boards are different, footwear is different, music is different... modern grip is the shit though, everything's become better about the gear except maybe the hard white wheels. (wtf, 11 inch decks. w t f.)
>>
File: skatestevenswilly.webm (354KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
skatestevenswilly.webm
354KB, 960x540px
>>2741979
ye yep, go watch the early Welcome edits and clips with Mango, Erick Winkowski, Jalba, Nolan Johnson, Marky Numbers and you 'll know why, today everything is accepted, the skateboarding world has closed the Rocco parenthesis, which now forms one aspect of it.
>>
you can criticise Mike Vallely for a lot of things.
But this part is why Mike Carrol, Jamie Thomas and so many others are still in business. How many people do you think this part has put on boards?
Two legendary skaters at it, Stacy knew how to make them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4M5rPSf0ZY
>>
>>2741888
Pfff 24 is literally a kid
Try 40
>>
I haven't skated since 2004 but I like that you guys aren't rolling around on pencil boards anymore.
>>
>>2742089
seriously, why are people asking so much at such ages? I have the worst anxieties but when I started at 25, the age thing was the farthest form my mind.
>>
>>2738693
I repeat, what is that?
>>
shout out to the old guys that can only skate curbs and p. blocks because they can't take a fall anymore.
>>
>>2742133
it's not because they can't take a fall anymore, it's just probably that that's what they like to skate.
>>
>>2742151
that's nice of you to say anon and I do enjoy it but also I can't take a fall anymore :/
>>
>>2742182
I am willing to bet that you are younger than Duane, Mike McGill, Chris Miller and maybe even Grosso.
>>
>>2742004
>>2742077

This kinda stuff makes me want to skate. When I was a teenager, if you weren't doing the cutting edge street stuff, you were shit, so I didn't bother starting. But now people are coming back around to freestyle stuff like Mike V, and other styles are becoming way more accepted.

I really should start skating, but it's taking the first step that's the problem.
>>
>>2742213
>it's taking the first step that's the problem.

great wisdom you have achieved by admitting that. However, I can assure you that much difficulty lies ahead of the road as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIieUmp0aZ0
>>
>>2742213
>>2742240
No kidding. Third time rolling around this year, broke a sweat right away, but started feeling good about it and looking forward instead of down. For a moment it was going well. Didn't fall over. Last time I wasn't this good, so progress is happening.

There's a lot of hard work ahead just building up the muscles that you've not got back yet. And it'll take a few times. Just like the martial arts back in 2000... remembering how shit I was in my first belt exam, despite being 25 sessions in...
>>
>>2735697
>tfw im part of the 25%
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVLqdzsDLEP/
>>
>>2742867
>tfw I don't know if I even make the chart
>>
>>2739317
epicly later'd: ed templeton (part 4)
>>
>>2744372
>the state of this shit tier general
>>
decided to push wood rather than hang out with my friends
>>
File: figure5.jpg (40KB, 600x383px) Image search: [Google]
figure5.jpg
40KB, 600x383px
IF YOU DONT ROCK THESE TRUCKS DONT EVEN POST HERE
>>
>>2745551
solid choice. If they were your friends, they would be skating too.
>>
>>2735697
>tfw 65% to a T
only problem is my board is from when I was 7
>>
>>2741514
>tfw own no skate apparel outside of shoes
just about everything I wear is a band shirt anyways
>>
>>2742120

It's a plug-in for your browser that 'fools' the VICELAND channel. It basically reroutes your IP to an IP from a country of your choice, if VICELAND only accepts addresses from US servers, TunnelBear will hook you up with a US IP.
>>
>>2746607
does it work for king of the road? have you really watched an episode that way? send a link this way my man.
>>
God I wish I could skate.
>>
>>2746615
Yeah m8, I miss it too
>>
>>2746644

No, I wish I could actually skate. All I can do is roll around.
>>
>>2746646
least you got further than most of the people here
>>
>>2746611

Yes, and I've watched last year's season through it.

https://www.tunnelbear.com/
>>
>>2746671
WHAT'S THIS DOWNLOAD VOODOO?

I want online proxies like youpak
>>
>>2746681

I did say it's a plug-in.
>>
>>2746715
oh yeah? than FUCK YOU TOO, APE HERE, BANGING ON MY CHEST.
>>
>>2746721

k.
>>
File: chris_joslin_nollie_flip_50-50.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
chris_joslin_nollie_flip_50-50.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>2746646
Well you gotta lick cement, and it just gets better
>>
>>2746646

So you can't ollie, right?

Then you can still:

>Boneless
>No Comply
>Slappy
>Shuvit
>Bigspin/Fakie Bigspin
>Manual and Nose Manual
>Rock to Fakie

It took me far longer than I anticipated to be able to ollie too. Till then you can still boneless up kerbs etc.
>>
this was amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfofsj68SWo
>>
>>2746761
>bigspin before ollie
wtf i cant 3 shuv but i can kickflip
>>
>>2746899

Admittedly, my no-pop bigspin looks sketchy as SHIT, but I can nail it consistently, so I'm still calling it a win.
>>
>>2746899
doesn't sound strange to me.
>>
>>2746977

Yeah, most people learn to shuv before ollie, and a 3shuv is just "shuv but harder".
>>
>>2746891
ok, despite me hating the berrics and Berra and everyone, I have to say that this was nice. It couldn't have been like that had Chris Roberts not participated.

also Koston "just google it" after the pressure flip, that was brilliant. But didn't Chris ROberts just do one?
>>
File: skatpenny2.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
skatpenny2.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>2746987
depends on how you see it. It's still an unpredictable rotation for me, but I can kickflip and heelflip.

>tfw can kickflip and heelflip
>>
>>2747037

Therefore, anon, I am setting you the challenge. Go learn to 3shuv.
>>
>>2747042
not yet

I kinda want to, but it's not in my priorities. I once landed a fakie one, caught it at switch manual, that was it.

What you need is to be able to bust fat ollies, grab your board and axle grind. Everything else is laid on those foundations I think.

I need to get streetplants on lock.
>>
>>2737575
i was pretty much describing myself when i wrote the 25% one
>>
>>2746891
What's the name of the one who pulls the killer trick at the end?
>>
>>2747117
Octopus Man
>>
>>2742867
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BVLqdzsDLEP/ you're good bro. upper tier of the 25% for sure.
>>
>>2742867
>>2743554
>>2747140
the fuck are you talking about? what chart, what 25%? is this a new meme
>>
>tfw backside rollin on a vert ramp for the first time

It's fucking cool but I don't think my balls have descended from inside me due to fear yet.
>>
>>2737023
i love mongo pushing and motivational speeches !
>>
plugging my shit ! https://www.instagram.com/p/BUpwqRyj5ec/?taken-by=coffinmtl
>>
>>2747148
here breh

>>2735697

Mike Carrol in the Nine CLub!! And it alwasy uploads in early euro hours!! How joyous!
>>
>>2747117
Pls respond
>>
I got a VX recently
>>
>>2747686
Fuck off, shill. That's not even you skating? Kys, fashion fag.
>>
>>2747181
actual vert, or are you one of those cucks which call any transition "vert"?
>>
>>2741559
>wasting an actually cool grip job on that piece of shit
At least put proper trucks on it you cuck
>>
>>2741559
>>2748272
>calling everyone a cuck
is this a /b/ raid
>>
>>2737516
>>2746681

here is season 2 episode 1:

https://mega.nz/#!hEEhWLrZ!wOHSiRabrliCYMbkd2n924M5beEg0nw-Oy4XC3QegBs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZ90ckz_D8

check it bois
>>
What are some cool youtube channels?

inb4 lurkny
>>
>>2747959
Tight. I got one too that I've been fixing up but I still need to source a new microphone. VX spares don't come up too often in the UK.
>>
>>2748272

9 foot halfpipe.
>>
>>2748285
>cuck
>a /b/ thing
You don't know your boards too well m8. And also no. I would've thought me asking a legitimate question would've gave that away.

>>2748541
That's impressive. But still the question remains, does it actually go vert?
>>
>>2748610

Yup, it does go vert, that's what made doing it backside so fucking scary.
>>
My old local park had a shitty 6 foot miniramp that had vert. Park was built by people that had no idea about skating.
>>
>>2748675

Vert miniramps are the worst fucking thing, because no-one is pleased with them. Miniramp skaters don't want a vert, and mini size isn't enough to do actual vert stuff on.
>>
>>2748623
Yeah that's pretty intimidating to pull off, good work committing.

>>2748707
>Vert miniramps
I personally wouldn't call them that, as they aren't really a vert per se. More of a tight transition.

>because no-one is pleased with them. Miniramp skaters don't want a vert, and mini size isn't enough to do actual vert stuff on.
I get your point and agree, but only to a degree. Because I do enjoy these shitty transitions. Tight transitions are fun because they are challenging to pull decent tricks on. But at the same time if your local consists of nothing but tight transition, its not very fun.
>>
>>2746596
99% of skate apparel looks like garbage anyway.
>>
>>2748350
https://youtu.be/hZJGIENe7tE

I will never be this cool. Why live?
>>
>>2748350
woah, that slide footage is sick.
>>
>>2749011
Welcome's stuff is nice though
>>
>>2749112
True. Welcome is one of the only companies who makes decent looking shit.
>>
>>2749165
Girl is classic
>>
Getting new kicks Friday, this shoe review doc is great. Was wondering though do most prefer being able to really feel the board or do certain people actually prefer those giant tank shoes like Globe and Osiris? I assume you don't get the same feeling of control with them?
>>
>>2748623
>backside

do you mean a kickturn?
>>
>>2749011
yeah no
>>
>>2749275
Yeah, some people do prefer chunky shoes, very rare nowadays though. I personally do not want to go back to chunky cupsoles now that I've gotten used to the thinner shoes that are currently popular. What are you thinking of getting?
>>
File: maui.jpg (37KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
maui.jpg
37KB, 570x428px
>>2749287
I wish I had a legit crewcut goddamn it
>>
>>2749291
No clue, just getting back into it. Last pair were some habitats which I liked but that was like 4 years ago so I'm out of the loop. I'm gonna read that Google doc when I'm off work, gonna do some research, definitely want flexible shoes. Why the eff are old school Vans 60 to 70 dollars now?
>>2749322
I had a framed picture of that shark as a kid lol
>>
>>2749275
I buy second hand sneakers from charity shops. Curently got a random pair of chunky suede nikes that are a size too big. They're my first chunky shoe. They're actually really great. Love the cushion and durability. Going up a size seems to have given me a more pronounced flick. My flatground game has definitely improved. Thin, flimsy shoes are overrated.
>>
>>2749447
es accels were the most overrated shoes ever, I skated my best in chunkier shoes and random ass nikes
>>
File: IMG_0120.jpg (330KB, 921x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0120.jpg
330KB, 921x1024px
Where can I get this cap?
>>
>>2749165
By decent do you mean total shit?
>>
File: 1484437513521.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1484437513521.png
29KB, 741x568px
So my wheels, bearings and trucks are busted what are some good brands. Thinking about buying Thunder trucks
>>
>>2749717
Cmon man there's a link at the beginning of OP post
>>
>>2749734
Alright gonna go with Thunder trucks
>>
>>2749286

No, coming into the roll-in backside. Roll along the top of the pipe, turn into the backside and into the roll-in.
>>
>>2749895
oh! I thought about doing that but didn't do it. I 've still to drop in on a vert quarterpipe.
>>
>>2748023
It is ! i edited and filmed it with my friend, that just where he posted it in the end :P
>>
>>2749911

Drop-ins are all about the mental. You doubt yourself for a fraction of a second dropping in, you're going to eat high-speed shit. Positive visualization, senpai.
>>
File: 1486211523111.png (576KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486211523111.png
576KB, 600x600px
Bones STF or Spitfire Formula 4? Formula 4 is about 6 bucks cheaper
>>
>>2750081

Formula 4s are the gold standard.
>>
>>2750127
cheers senpai

52mm good? I mostly skate worn asphalt
>>
>>2750228
>I mostly skate worn asphalt
i would go with 53s so they'll last a little longer
>>
>>2750228
>>2750285
maybe go with 99a to lessen the bumpiness
>>
>>2750327
alright I'mma go with 53mm 99a cause I don't know shit about wheels
>>
File: displeased.jpg (318KB, 870x960px) Image search: [Google]
displeased.jpg
318KB, 870x960px
>tfw your local skate scene consists of people so hipster, it's as if they jumped right out of kym
>mfw I heard someone honestly say that he did something before it was popular
>>
You get bolts when you buy trucks right?
>>
>>2750431
no, they're sold separately
>>
File: order.png (75KB, 517x903px) Image search: [Google]
order.png
75KB, 517x903px
>>2750485
It says it comes with axel bolts and kingpins that's the bolts right?

They apperently had 25 % off if you did a complete board so I added a cheap board and the order got 12 bucks cheaper

1720 kr = 197,5 dollars
>>
>>2750578
now imagine if nuts are sold separately. You 'd be fucked
>>
File: key.png (471KB, 1197x557px) Image search: [Google]
key.png
471KB, 1197x557px
>>2750590
Can't I used old ones? I have 2-3 pair of trucks laying around with the bolts still in them.

Thinking about adding these though for the key
>>
>>2750634
I was joking amigo
>>
File: Untitled.png (67KB, 517x277px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
67KB, 517x277px
>>2750657
Fuck I'm gonna buy them anyway. What size though?
>>
>>2750695
the bigger ones are if you plan to put riser pads. If you don't, get the shorter ones.
>>
>>2750725
cheers 7/8" it is
>>
the fuck
>>
>>2733695
day 1:
>do it until youre tired
day 2:
>do it until youre tired

you get the picture
>>
blew out a bearing the other day, trying to land benihanas on the launch

>fuckin got it though
>>
>>2752306
seriously, how does one grab? It can't have to do anything with your height since there are tall vert skaters who grab.
>>
>>2752314
like grabs in general?
lean down as you reach the coping, bring your legs up to your arms after you leave it so you dont lose balance.
youre right, it doesnt have anything to do with height.
try early grabs if you need to. early grabs are the only way i can hit 360s
>>
>>2752327
not just in vert but in ollies off banks etc.
>>
>>2752333
i can only meloncholy from an ollie.
my advice is to bend down and touch your board with your hand just before you ollie. you dont have to early-grab, necessarily. just sort of prime your body and prepare it to get into posture.
a quick tap, then let your ollie fly, reach down and nail the grab
>>
>>2752397
hm
thanks
>>
>>2733695

Rock to Fakie scared the shit out of me when I started. Going that fast in fakie does get into your head. Honestly, the only advice that applies is "Don't be afraid of eating shit". It's one of those tricks where there's no huge secret to makign it easier beyond just doing it a bunch of times and getting the feel down.
>>
How do I get over the fear of getting hurt?
>>
>>2753577
dude weed lmao

But seriously it helped me out. It turned "oh fuck oh fuck" into "haha i got this, it's all good"
>>
yo guys check out my super hot line https://vid.me/tGf4 r8 & h8
>>
are 50/50's actually any harder on round rails or is it just in my head?
>>
>>2730417
>revive
underage >>>/out/
>>
>>2750228
>52mm good
ride 56 don't be a pussy
>>
>>2753830
you just have to learn how to straddle the rail with your trucks where your board is facing damn near diagonal to the rail. U know what I mean. If you try to land on your 50 totally parallel to the rail you'll eat shit and die. In other words, yeh.
>>
>>2753822
next time try moving faggot
>>
>>2753859
hahaha you're right tho
>>
>>2753577
just quit now this isn't for you
>>
>>2753747
really? doesn't it fuck with your motor skills? i sure as shit can't drive while high, idk how i'd fare better on a board...
>>
>>2753856
I'm gonna start trying to do shit on the round rail at my new local tomorrow, there's only a round rail there and I've only ever skated square or shotgun rails. I get what you mean though I watched a video that says to lock your trucks at opposite sides so I'll give it a go and hope I don't eat shit.
>>
why do some people never improve? there are people that have been skating for years and can't even ollie. how do they get there? do they just not care about tricks?
i started skating 2 days ago and want to know what to avoid.
>>
>>2754137
>do they just not care about tricks?
pretty much
>>
>>2754137
avoid being a kook
avoid stressing too much
>>
>>2754142
Fear imo. Can't be afraid of knicking your shins or busting ass. That's always been my issue, and laziness / not seeing results as fast as you want.

I didn't put in a fraction of the work my buddies did growing up and it showed. Now I'm older and idgaf. I've improved my ollie, pop shuvit, and kickflip more over the past 3 weeks than I had in the past 25 years. Skate for the love of it, if you love something you'll want to get better at it.

Obviously natural talent is a factor but to draw a parallel: I've never been the most naturally gifted artist but I busted my ass to the point where I'm good. Nothing good comes easy.
>>
>>2754144
This too, gotta swallow that pride. Don't get in peoples way (shit happens, don't stress) but don't be afraid to practice in front of people better than you.
>>
>>2748281
That griptape was cheap as shit, I can afford another for my skateboard you cuck
>>
If I took a camera to a park what are the chances skaters will be cool with me photographing them?
>>
>>2755132
ask for their instas beforehand
>>
>>2753866
i feel like it smoothes out my motions. i feel jittery when i'm sober.
>>
>>2755132
I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>>2755109
I'm sure you can, I hear your girlfriend's black lover's job pays well.

Also
>having that piece of shit board anyway
>>
What are some easy flatground tricks besides
ollie, 180, pop shuv it, kickflip, heelflip, no-comply

but not gay stuff like boneless
>>
>>2756186
>Beginner Tricks

Ollie
Fakie Ollie
Boneless
Shuvit
Pop Shuvit
FS Pop Shuvit
FS 180
BS 180
Half-Cab

>Intermediate Tricks

Kickflip
Heelflip
FS Boardslide
BS Boardslide
FS 50-50
BS 50-50
Manual
Nose Manual
FS 5-0
BS 5-0
Nollie
Switch Ollie

>Advanced Tricks

Nollie Flips
Switch Flips
180 Flips
360 Flip
Smith Grinds
Feeble Grinds
Lipslides
Nosegrinds
Crooked Grinds
>>
>>2756186
>>2756195

what the fuck is this, skateboarding school please subscribe?? get the fuck out with this shit
and don't diss on the boneless one.
>>
>>2756204
fuck your gay ass, nigga
>>
>>2756207
just do the tricks you want to do you lameo
>>
Any tips on how to lock in on 50-50's? I can lock in on a curb easily but when i take it to the manny pad ( about 2 crubs high) i either miss my front or back track (front truck goes over or backtruck doesnt even get on) Its frustrating i have been trying for a couple weeks now. BTW its not my ollie height i can ollie up the manny pad im trying to 50-50 on easily
>>
>>2756302
also i should mention that bs 50-50 kind of feels naturally easier than fs?? this is weird because my friends say its supposed to be the opposite.
>>
Skating with a hangover is a bad idea, I'm dying.
>>
>>2756372
what about skating while high?
>>
>>2730417
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fuck aaron and revive, even their logo is fucked up and looks more like a M than a V.
>>
>>2756372
I always like hangover sesh's, sometimes theres gold innit since to fucked up to care.
>>2756377
when im skating high i try some weird stuff, not that its bad, but im just bored of approching things the common way.
>>
>>2756628
since when we do this? it's a general
>>
>>2757037
fuck you faget
>>
>>2756204
a fucking flid could boneless mate. shitest trick in the book
>>
>>2756303
I get your friends, seems that way to me as well. But whatever feels comfortable. It needs a gutsy ollie, just don't hesitate/get lazy.
>>
File: tigerstyle.jpg (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tigerstyle.jpg
46KB, 800x600px
Anyone ever try and skate in Onitsuka Tigers? I tried these Badmintons today and they feel as good as any vans classics or slips, not a lot of cushion though. I wore a hole straight thru some vans yesterday and the canvas on these doesn't even show wear after about the same amount of skating.
>>
>>2755830
Lmao kid, was /b/ not responding to your skate threads? lmao xD
>>
>>2758071
hahahahaha
>>
>>2758071
>>2758179
Can we just talk here and ignore the bs? Rise above that shit. Let's make this the best skate forum.
>>
i bought a skateboard with the hopes of learning, but man I am way too nervous about starting in front of people- if I practice during the night im horrified of sounding loud and people being like wtf its the middle of the night- any tips of getting over this fear?
>>
>>2758650
if you really want to skate you 'll do it.
>>
>>2758650
Do it around eight or nine in the morning, most people are working then
>>
should I get a fisheye for my vx?
>>
File: skatesos.jpg (31KB, 560x678px) Image search: [Google]
skatesos.jpg
31KB, 560x678px
>>2759397
get a sharkeye
>>
File: skatespic.gif (487KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
skatespic.gif
487KB, 500x216px
>>2757387
>>
>>2758397
nah
>>
>>2759410
go back to wwe
>>
>>2758650
I was feeling the same so I was just doing in the evening in carpaks/abandoned oil stations/generally sort-of-secluded place. People could still sort of see me from the distance, but it helped (psychologically) that it was pretty dark and they couldn't identify me.

After I learned to do a few tricks, now I feel more confident skating anywhere, but I'm still too shy to skate switch cause it looks like it's my first day on a board
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 300x266px
I'm a /fit/ crossposter who's getting into skateboarding. I've managed to practice to the point of being able to ride *relatively* well (can only ride goofy, can't switch, tougher time turning left on one foot) but I haven't fallen once. I'm deathly afraid of injuring myself to the point of being unable to hit the gym. Any pointers for inevitably eating pavement and navigation in general? I've got maybe 20 hours under my belt so I'm a newbie
>>
File: IMG_0365.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0365.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2750657
They came without nuts. Thunder jews
>>
File: IMG_0366.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0366.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>tfw autism shoes
>>
>>2759565
When you fall don't tense up just relax and embrace the pavement. Only think worth tensing up for is protecting your head. Skated on and off for 10 years and never had an injury, Just bruises and scars
>>
>>2759565
The most you'll get is cuts and bruises, unless you're skating handrails/big stair sets
>>
>>2759565
Practice falling
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 656x536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 656x536px
>>2759629
I'm riding with Filas I bought for $20 at Wal Mart, you couldn't possibly be worse than me

>>2759647
>>2759650
Thanks for the advice guys. I know falling deliberately won't help that much considering falls happen when you don't expect it, but would it be worth practicing staying loose and not tensing up? I've read to do it over grass first but I think I should just hit the pavement to toughen up. With a helmet, of course

>>2759651
...guess that answers that question
>>
>>2759653
>>
File: IMG_0367.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0367.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2759653
These will prob not get fucked up on the upper side like my last shoes are
>>
File: 20170615_075120.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_075120.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>2759629
Looking good senpai. These are mine.
>>
>>2759653
Yea best advide I can give is just roll with it when it happens and you've got the best chance of no serious injuries. Also don't go to much over you're skill level work yourself up.

Practive jumping down the curb than jump down something a little higher than a three set stair than a 4 set etc

But yeah also don't be too much of an chicken cause that will hinder your progress.
>>
>>2759676
>Also don't go to much over you're skill level work yourself up
*too *your

I wrote fast so gramar got fucked
>>
what the fuck are good skate shoes that don't fall apart after riding for more than a week? vans are my favorite shoe and it's literally the only brand i wear but as far as i know the pairs i've worn for skating with are fucking shit
>>
Due to some circumstances I can't stray from the house as much as I'd like to, the only place I have to skate is a 7 foot strip of sketchy concrete out the back of my house and it's really hindering my progress since I can barely roll a foot without hitting a crack. I'm very frustrated.
>>
File: IMG_20170615_142345.jpg (3MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_142345.jpg
3MB, 4160x2336px
>>2759629
The rubber toe caps last quite a while
>>
>>2759706
Etnies Marana
>>
>>2759718
100% this
>>
Can I just push the bearings in with my thumb or should I use the truck to put it in?
>>
>>2759714
Cool I'm kinda stoked on these new shoes now
>>
>>2759739
use the truck
>>
File: IMG_0368.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0368.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Wtf lads the wheel is too THICC
>>
>>2759752
I did
>>
>>2759757
Just looks like a wheel
>>
If I get a better board with better hardware and better wheels will it make any better at skating? :(
>>
poop
>>
>>2759757
you need to push the bearings in further
>>
File: IMG_0369.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0369.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2759767
Nuts are very far out. This is with almost no sound when I drag the wheel side to side
>>
>>2759770
it won't make you better immediately, but it will make improving easier. you still need to put in the time and effort to improve though
>>
>>2759783
Okay I'mma screw it real tight then looses that should pu the bearings in further
>>
>>2759770
do you have any problems with your current setup? going to a wider deck and smaller wheels helped me a lot
>>
File: IMG_0370.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
R8 my board senpaitachi
>>
>>2759848
2lewd
>>
anyone who film(ed)s with a vx1000 what tapes did you use and what are the quality differences
>>
>>2759787
I'm skating a 60 dollar speed demons complete I ordered off Amazon like 5 years ago. This was before they sold them at Walmart so I'm not sure if I'm actually skating a Walmart quality board? I did get new bushings cause the stock ones literally crumbled.

Should I upgrade to a new setup?
>>
>>2759848
How are those skate mafia decks? Was thinking about picking one up just based on them being pressed in the same factory as Jart decks
>>
>>2760070
definitely upgrade if you are planning to stick with skating. order parts separately. common choices for brands are as follows: thunder or independent trucks, bones bearings, spitfire or bones wheels. Deck is personal preference, I recommend a brand under deluxe distribution (Real, Krooked, Anti-Hero). Hardware can be whatever.
>>
>>2758397
The problem here is the fact that you're trying to achieve a proper forum on website called 4chan. We have people in these generals who longboard and who skateboard. Sadly, the skatefags hate the longboardfags. Whatchu gonna do about it?
>>
File: 1487784405238.jpg (392KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1487784405238.jpg
392KB, 700x700px
>>2760094
pretty gud :D:D:D
>>
just got a shirt from Mike Vallely. He even handwrote a thank you note (well, his daughter, not him) and send me some stickers.
>>
>>2760426
Thanks man I'll keep that in mind. I checked the quality at Walmart and mine is def way better, I guess the brand went cheap in recent years. Mines 7 ply with much better trucks and bearings (ones now are 9 ply wth?). We got a really good local skate shop and I think the dudes there could help me pick out something as well. I'm gonna go when I get paid.
>>
Just recently started skating and i love it so much, but my lower back/hips on my left side hurt from pushing (i skate goofy so this is my push foot) it takes like 3+ days before it stops hurting but i want to skate every day, should i wait for it to fully heal before skating again? im constantly walking with a limp rn

tl;dr : if im injured, should i wait for it to fully heal before skating or just skate it off
>>
>>2760818
you 're not injured
it's normal
you 're not made of glass
keep doing however you feel.
When you 're injured, you 'll definitely know.
>>
>>2760532
fuck Mike Vallely's daughter desu senpai
>>
>>2760906
I 'm trembling from the shock
>>
noo thred: >>2760929
>>2760929
>>2760929
>>2760929
>>2760929
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.