[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Is fansubbing dead? >almost no groups left >releases are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 511
Thread images: 50

File: 1341119174258.jpg (37KB, 400x388px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1341119174258.jpg
37KB, 400x388px
Is fansubbing dead?

>almost no groups left
>releases are always weeks late even when they just steal CR/HS translations
>community is obsessed over entitlement issues and memes

I used to be a huge supporter of fansubs because they offered the highest quality video, softsubs, subbed karaokes, and at times better translations. but Im almost at the point where Im just going to get HS releases from now on because Im tired of waiting weeks and weeks for shit to be released when HS does so instantly.
>>
Fansubs have accomplished their goal. More shows than ever are getting subs at a very impressive speed. Having no purpose left, the fansubbing scene resolves. This latter part makes fansubbers superior to the NATO.
>>
>>117941071
>This latter part makes fansubbers superior to the NATO.
Heh.
>>
>>117941071
b-but their work isn't done yet because CR/HS is complete shit compared to fansubs in terms of visual quality.

hardsubs are terrible and stream quality still doesn't match the raws you get from the TV broadcasts.
>>
>>117941167
Many TV rips are worse.
>>
>>117941334
no, just fucking no
>>
>>117941386
You obviously don't know shit, please fuck off.
>>
>>117941071
>in spite of professional subs being delivered in a timely manner for 90% of shows, fansubbers can barely release subs for the other 10% of the shows within the same month that episodes come out, much less the same year
>"fansubs have accomplished their goal"
>>
>>117941071
>resolves
dissolves.

Fuck, I'm stupid.
>>
>>117941425
even the shows that are being professionally subbed, like psycho pass, can't be fucking released in a timely manner by the only subgroup doing it, commie.

like fuck I know commie is shit but HS is even shittier
>>
>>117941510
I really wish that more than one group was doing Amagi Brillian Park. It's among most people's top three anime of the season, and neither CR or Funi has it. What the fuck are fansubbers doing trying to make up new subs for shows that already have translations? Do they understand that anime fans want translations, and NOT a branded fansub that comes out too slow?
>>
If fansubbing was a thing during the VHS days, I'm sure they'll be okay now.
>>
the meme cartel is responsible for this
>>
>>117940916
Kinda of I was impressed that vivid put out subs for Amagi in one day then I thought about that for a few seconds and became depressed
>>
>>117941653
This. People used to actually have to pay for hard-subbed tapes.
>>
>>117941807
And subbers had integrity.
>>
It's certainly lost a bit of the charm from the early 00s, on the other hand less fansubbing drama.
>>
Good, sick of memesubs.
Once CR improves I'll start paying.
Fansubs are only useful for bd's anyways.
>>
DAMN YOU, DAIZ
>>
>>117941784
I think the only show that is getting <24 hour subs this season is Commie's OreTwi, although it's not like they're actually translating it. They just take Funimation's subs and add le funny memes. I remember when we had ~3 speedsub groups to pick from for Code Geass within 12 hours or so of an episode airing.
>>
>>117941842
So much integrity that they needed to put their names right on the title of the show.
>>
>>117941859
>Once CR improves I'll start paying.
>paying for access to less shows then I have on one of my hard drives
>paying for streams
Well a fool and his money are easily separated
>>
>>117941167
It's okay to lower your standards, you know?
>>
File: 1338759094640.jpg (25KB, 383x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1338759094640.jpg
25KB, 383x500px
>Psycho Pass is up to episode 9
>Commie is still at episode 6

I don't understand how the biggest fansub group that has almost 100 people can't manage to get subs out for one of the biggest shows of the season, especially since all you have to fucking do is slightly modify the CR script AT BEST.
>>
>>117941633
Why would you sub Amagi if you know you won't get blue on NT due to the plague of the memecartel?
>>
>>117941898
Never bothered me.
>>
>>117941935
ya ok and I'll start settling for 30 fps video games and buying microwave dinner foods instead of cooking and using a steak knife to shave instead of my quality razor. because fuck having standards, right?
>>
>>117942000
Put it on TT. Fuck NT.
>>
>>117942000
If I were a fansubbing group leader I'd ask nya for black so people would know my subs are as dark as my soul and only for mature audiences.
>>
>>117942022
>30 fps video games
Fuck you, Baldur's Gate is 30 fps.
>>
>>117942062
shit dude I'd be too afraid of watching your subs
>>
>>117941955
This is what confuses me most. All I want is a decent file with a softsub and a little extra qc check. Just so I don't have to stoop to horriblesubs. What is so difficult about that?
>>
>>117942114
And it would be twice as good if it were 60fps.
>>
>>117941955
>psycho pass
>one of the biggest shows
>>
>>117942155
It *is* twice as fast at 60 fps.
Just go to settings and fuck everything up.
>>
>>117942062
Holy shit I really want to see this.
>>
>>117942154
do it yourself
>>
>>117942177
as opposed to?
>>
>>117942177
yes, one of the biggest shows. its a very popular show. just because it doesn't have your cute girls doing cute things doesn't mean it's not a show that a lot of people watch.
>>
File: 1413167467555.png (1MB, 874x698px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413167467555.png
1MB, 874x698px
>>117942177
Aside from OreTwi, which Commie gets out in less than a day.
>>
>>117942114
>old retro shit

ya its fucking 2014 shit needs to be 60 fps take off your nostalgia glasses
>>
>>117942240
Because they throw ebin may mays on top of the funirip
>>
File: 1417708613489.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417708613489.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>117942234
>it doesn't have your cute girls doing cute things
That simply isn't true.
>>
Why does Daiz hate us?
>>
Why does Herkz hate us?
>>
>>117942000

Nyaa is run by a bronie. What do you expect?
>>
Why won't senpai notice me?
>>
>>117942154

Nothing. I'd do it if I had good raws. Subs everywhere when there's text on the screen is pissing me off too.
>>
>>117942457
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>117942422
The feeling is mutual. No one likes a pathetic little brony who basically exists to suck memecartel dick and parrot "ebin meemays" in download comments. Fuck Nyaa, and fuck that faggot.
>>
>>117942475
>if I had good raws.
Zero-raws, and Ohys-raws aren't good enough?
>>
How do we save the fansub scene then?
>>
>>117942515
>scene
Let it burn.
>>
File: 1363749663651.png (6KB, 112x100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1363749663651.png
6KB, 112x100px
>>117942492
Holy shit, dude.
>>
>>117942562
>i got my feeling hurt

Fuck off.
>>
>>117942512

They're okay, but nothing beats having a person who knows what they're doing encoding from a TV rip.

TV Rip > share raw > stream

Well, I guess I'll give it a shot, maybe. Start from next episode? Do the previous episodes? Do other shows?
>>
>>117942492
>inb4 this is retweeted by herkz
>>
>>117941955
>Commie is only at episode 9 of Stardust Crusaders
Which do you think will come out first, Episode 11 of Season 2 of Stardust Crusaders or Commie's subs of Episode 11 of Season 1 of Stardust Crusaders
>>
Friendly reminder that it took 3 months for the most recent Ika Musume OVA to get subbed, and the Zvezda OVA has been out for a month now, but still no subs.
>>
>>117942595
I just wanted to say thanks for making me laugh.
>>
>>117942615
Sorry you got your feelings hurt by words on a screen.
>>
>>117942603
Can you just do Jinsei ep 13? Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>117942604
You know him too well, but you were off by a minute.
>>
I never really understood why it was thing in the first place

thanks anyway nerds
>>
Fucking entitled children. I guess you weren't here when you had to wait for Triad for weeks.
>>
>>117942640

Jinsei? I'm pretty sure I've never heard of that. What's the full name?
>>
>>117942633
lol don't know what you're apologizing for
also they're not just words cyber bullying is a serious issue ok
>>
File: file.png (67KB, 614x485px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
file.png
67KB, 614x485px
hi herkz
>>
File: subs that suck.png (44KB, 834x1480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
subs that suck.png
44KB, 834x1480px
>>117942681
>>
>>117942681
>Triad
>>
>>117942685
That is the full title. Aired last season.
>>
>>117942701
If that is the best thing has to tweet about, then why even do it?
>>
>>117942688
I'm apologizing because it seems like you're really hurt over nothing. You're not even herkz.
>>
The thing that annoys me with HS is how they often misspell show titles. I've been wondering why there are no yuuki yuuna subs since e4, but realised its because they spell it with 1 u. gg
>>
>>117942685
The full name is Jinsei. You've never heard of it because it never got subs. It aired only last season, though. All episodes are subbed but the last one. Please help us.
>>
>>117940916
Most fansubbers who cared about speed quit like 3-4 years ago since they saw no point when most simulcasts are watchable.
>>
It's UTW even subbing the new series?
>>
>>117942747
I'm not hurt though. Your post really did make me laugh.
>>
>>117942753
ya they try to localize the fucking language for some stupid reason
>>
>>117942712
Fuck man. Imagine all the hard work that went into making that icecream just to give it away for free, unless of course it was just stolen from Crunchy.
>>
>>117942736
To attentionwhore on /a/.

It's his way of telling us he's reading this and watching us.
>>
>>117942681
>>117942701
>>
>>117942736
Because he knows that pretty much everything said in these threads is the truth, that's why. He exists to serve the memecartel, and he has absolutely zero power on 4chan. That really stings.

>really wish i could ban people derp

But you can't. Faggot.
>>
>>117942114

You're perceptive for an old man
>>
>>117942718

Found it. I'm not a translator - at least not a very good one unless it's text. Only FFF did up to 12 so I have nothing to work with. Find me subs, even Japanese subs/closed captioning and I'll do it.
>>
>>117940916
Yeah they're dead. We're better off without them.

The only bad part is not enough people willing to put out good BD releases.
>>
>>117942762
>FFF

they are so shit. for some reason their releases are always misaligned and a few pixels of one of the sides is always cut out.

I mean you can't even tell the difference without comparing screenshots but still.
>>
>>117942788
It's good that you can still manage to laugh through the tears. In the future, try not to let shit on the Internet bother you so much that you can't stop talking about it, though.
>>
>>117942681
Kill yourself, herkz.
>>
File: 1417833906284.jpg (213KB, 698x517px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417833906284.jpg
213KB, 698x517px
>>117942701
Must suck for them we can watch their product for free,call it shit and they just keep making them anyway
>>
>>117942848
I'll try, anon. I'm just a little worried about you, that's all. I thought maybe, just maybe, you couldn't admit to yourself that someone found what you posted on the internet to be genuinely funny because of an inferiority complex that could be the source of a crippling depression. You've got friends, anon. We're here to help if you need it, all you have to do is ask.
>>
>>117942911

Because the Taiwanese aren't that smart.
>>
File: not_baited.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
not_baited.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>>117942951
If something bothered you so much that you really feel like you need to keep stating how totally not hurt you are, I guess that's okay. Get it out of your system.
>>
Friendly reminder that the decline of piratefaggotry was one of the final death knells for /v/.

Stay elitist /a/. It'll only get harder as the board gets faster.
>>
>>117943020

Bootyblistered assrashed analmangled bumblasted derrierdestroyed fucking faglord.
>>
>>117943112
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say to him without all the ebin meemay crap.
>>
File: 1416609189013.jpg (30KB, 223x349px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416609189013.jpg
30KB, 223x349px
>>117943020
I'm just glad to know that, while your denial is a little disconcerting, there's nothing seriously wrong with you, and furthermore I'm happy to contribute to this great thread as a whole.
>>
Maybe I've misunderstood something here, but have some people here been complaining that Commie isn't releasing episodes, but HS is? HS and Commie are the same shit, just one is troll subs and one isn't. I understand if a group that edits HS for the better and uses good raws stopped releasing, but Commie?
>>
>>117943060
>/v/ermin thinking he can lecture /a/nons
You are the most hated board on this site, even moreso than /b/ because you unintentionally shit up every thread you are in when you leave containment. I want you to think about that for a minute.
>>
>>117943140
It's okay if you need to retweet it or blog about it. Whatever it takes to build the bridge necessary to get over it.
>>
Good, now if only scanlators follow suit then we'd be living in a perfect world.
>>
File: 1417819158022.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417819158022.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>117943060
>/a/
>elitist

at least 1 naruto thread hits the bump cap and gets archived everyday and there's barely any dub/spam in them, it's all shipping.
>>
>>117943146
The problem is that some HS releases - Psycho-Pass and WIXOSS, for example - are Funimation rips with terrible video quality and burned-in subtitles that frequently cover the screen in 4-5 lines of monochrome text. It's really hard to enjoy the show that way, and to say the least.
>>
>>117940916
yup. no SYD OVA subs near 2 months, no Mouretsu Pirates movie subs almost 1 month. Now toss 2199 OVA into that pile too. fansubbers were slowly choked out by CR & funi. fansubbing culture is dead.
>>
>>117943252
It's mostly shipping stuff and it just ended so everyone's really tolerant. I'm not too worried.
>>
>>117943252
No spam??? This is unacceptable.
>>
>>117940916
Yes and its great.
>>
>>117943273
The Mouretsu Pirates movie is being worked on. Progress was posted yesterday or the day before
>>
>>117943255

Okay, so really the problem is those releases that are Funi rips. Others like Argevollen for example are fine?
>>
>>117943273
>fansubbers were slowly choked out by CR & funi. fansubbing culture is dead.
I still find this hard to believe. Where are the people who used to make fansubs? They didn't die of old age in just 4 years. Were they all scouted by CR? Were they imprisoned and we just didn't hear about it? What the fuck happened to these people?
>>
>>117943291
yes but now they feel welcome, and a new series just got announced
>>
>>117943291
>it just ended so everyone's really tolerant.
No way.
The "tolerance" would have ended with the full-board attack that came with the last chapter and lasted for 2 weeks.
The Naruto spam was outside of /a/'s power to stop, so they simply resigned.
>>
>>117943329
Crunchy Roll's subs are fine, CR video quality is fine, and HS always releases their stuff with softsubs.
>>
>>117943346
They just don't care.
Why sub something when HS has a rip right after it airs?
>>
>>117943346
>Where are the people who used to make fansubs?
At CR and funi.
>>
>>117943112
>>117943140
lol samefag

inb4 inspect element
>>
>>117941167

>b-but their work isn't done yet because CR/HS is complete shit compared to fansubs in terms of visual quality.

CR/HR can churn out subs faster than fansubs can and people don't like to wait. Thus, their purpose is fulfilled. People want quick subs, now they get them.
>>
File: yang01.jpg (42KB, 665x550px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yang01.jpg
42KB, 665x550px
>>117943356
>yes but now they feel welcome

you guys fucked up, there's a foothold of narutoposters now and shitposting in their threads only encourages them. Truly unless the mods step in we are forsaken
>>
>>117943273
Except currently airing shows crowding out ovas/movies/old shows is one of the oldest problems with fansubbing. Period.
This is a problem since the VHS era.
>have tapes for every episode of sailor moon
>no movies unless they were officially done many years later
>dubbed
>dubbed
Shit blows mate.
>>
Fansubber here. I'll give you some rationale for the recent state of things. Speedsubs are dead because of simulcasts.

There were a few seasons where everyone competed on a few leftover shows, but that died out. People downloaded the more popular/larger groups regardless of speed so other groups just quit trying.

Now groups just do whatever they feel like. Nearly everything is simulcasted as well, so groups don't expect leechers to wait to watch. It's mostly for archiving or future BD releases. New groups pop up and act all tryhard for a while but they all burn out.

tl;dr No one cares and it's not remotely worth it anymore unless you're interested in something personally.
>>
>>117943382

Right, so an alternative is just needed for Funi shows. So which shows this season is HS using Funi for, with no good alternative group? I'm already looking at doing Psycho Pass for the rest of the season because the shit quality has pissed me off.

Make me a list and I'll see what I can do.
>>
>this fansub group is shit for not meeting these high standards. I'll go shit on them on /a/ and in IRC
>waaaaaaaaaaa, fansubbing is dead

Fuck you /a/.
>>
>>117943443
>and people don't like to wait.
Yeah, this argument used to be so stupid.
When you get one release per week, then choosing one group over the other just means choosing one weekday over the other, the wait between two episodes is exactly the same.

It is only when groups are completely unreliable and/or need more than 7 days to sub an episode that this should be an argument. Unfortunately, that's often the case.
>>
>>117943481
I wish that crunchy never existed. Then it would still be feasible to compete nowadays.
>>
>>117943538
no fuck you
>>
>>117943571
If CR didn't exist you'd get some 10 shows per season.
>>
I-Is someone subbing Expelled from Paradise?
please
>>
>>117943591
Then I could work on my backlog.
>>
>>117943636
You can do that right now.
>>
Posting is back? Alright. This request still stands: >>117943523
>>
Are there enough people who want Jinsei 13 subbed? I'm ready to start doing it right now and could have it released in a few hours, but only the subtitle file. My Australian shit net can't do a full release.
>>
>>117943523
These are the Funimation rips:
Psycho-Pass 2
Selector Spread WIXOSS
Shingeki Bahamut Genesis
Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai
Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu

These have no Funi or CR:
Nanatsu no Taizai
Amagi Brilliant Park
>>
>>117943368
Good, it doesn't hurt you, so fuck off.
>>
>>117943705
I would be very interested in this, and I'm fine with just a subtitle file.
>>
>>117943705
I'd like this,thank you
>>
>>117940916
Learn Japanese.
>>
>>117943571
The quality was often much shittier before CR, a lot of shows went and still are unsubbed, weeks/months was a normal wait for subs, .avi files everywhere, "x presents y", yellow subs (never bothered me), side notes covered the entire frame, drama everywhere (e.g. Shinsen), absolutely unwatchable encodes were not uncommon, cropped videos were also around (interestingly, I recently noticed that Commie's release of XX was cropped, or at the first episode was), etc.

Nothing is stopping you from starting your own subgroup. There are plenty of things that could use subs or better subs. If you're just looking to compete for first releases, then go with mango/LN/VN/etc.
>>
File: 1417806376389.png (185KB, 318x276px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417806376389.png
185KB, 318x276px
>>117940916
id buy the blue rays if they didnt try to jew the fuck out of them by making them $50+ for just a few epidsodes, but nope.
>>
Speaking of subs, when is OVA 2 gonna be finished for IS? It's been out for weeks
>>
>>117943705
I am wholly indifferent towards this.
>>
>>117943705 here. I haven't seen any of the Jinsei episodes so I don't know anything about the context of what's happening in the show.

At the beginning of ep 13, blue-hair tells the school council president that she "wins" and to "give second place" to Ikumi-chan. School council president then goes on to say how "second place" still has quite a substantial reward.

What kind of contest was going on in the show, and what are the other prizes, namely for #1?
>>
>>117943780
Trying to compete with simulcasts and rips from companies is what really killed fansubbing. You just can't do it. It isn't worth it anymore. There is no motivation to do anything. Very few of the shows that don't get picked up by some company actually draw a lot of attention.

I was actually fine with the wait for subs back then.
>>
File: constructionWorker.jpg (23KB, 373x385px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
constructionWorker.jpg
23KB, 373x385px
>>117943794
The Japanese economy is garbage. If they didn't post those prices they wouldn't break even in revenue.
>>
>>117942354
He said cute girls doing cute things. Not broken goods doing extra broken things.
>>
>>117943835
I think it was a beauty contest or something? Honestly, I have forgotten, since it's been so long since I watched ep 12.
>>
>>117943730
>Psycho Pass
Will do for the rest of the season
>WIXOSS
Get Asenshi
>Shingeki Bahamut Genesis
Never heard of it. Unlikely to happen.
>Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai
Same.
>Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu
Not watching, try Doki?

>Nanatsu no Taizai
Get Chyuu
>Amagi
Get Vivid

>>117943705
You can do subs? Great! I can do everything else.
>>
>>117943850
I'm fine with the situation as it is.
When there's a good show that needs subbing because CR doesn't like it (Symphogear S3), somebody will rise up to the task, even if they need half a year to do it.

The only thing I really miss with HS exclusive releases is chapters.
>>
>>117943591
The right amount to watch. Now I'm stuck with a ever increasing backlog.
>>
>>117943481
I'd be cool with delayed subs which promise higher quality, but as said, things have devolved into CR-rip subs coming out sometimes two weeks or more after airing. And if you follow the sub blogs, it's usually because one critical person has fucked off without a word.
>>
>>117942904
>Troll subs also applies to really bad releases
No it doesn't you dumbshit.
>>
>>117943887
>>Shingeki Bahamut Genesis
>Never heard of it.
It's a great show. You should try it.
>>
>>117943571
CR provides something fansubs never could though. As a business, it's accountable to customers for problems. Fansubs relied on a fansubber's sense of responsibility instead. It also has provided stability. Much less chance of random unsubbed shows (they'll probably get everything eventually). No worrying about a group dying and no one finishing the show (Hyouge Mono anyone?). If CR gets a show, you'll have it the exact same time every week with relatively stable quality (decent, but not amazing).

From a fan's perspective, CR and funi are a great step forward. Eventually we'll get everything that airs translated and simulcasted without needing to rely on random people on the internet. Fansubbers can just switch to BDs in order to remain remotely relevant. That's the new thing to compete over: the best BD release.
>>
>>117943887
I don't really care whether you sub something or not, and am not saying this because I feel entitled or anything, but if you've "never heard of" Shingeki no Bahamut, then you are missing out on one of the top shows this season.
>>
>>117943906
Different person here,
>I'm find with the situation as it is
This, except for the occasional piece that neither CR nor funi pick up, which results in it being ded 5ever, since fansubbing is dead.
>>
>>117943252

That's what truly bothers me. /a/ has let fucking Narutards take hold here, and no one's even doing anything about it. I can only post dubs and copypasta for so long.
>>
File: 139691181993.jpg (54KB, 508x512px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
139691181993.jpg
54KB, 508x512px
They do it for free, I don't give a fuck how long they take
>>
>>117941920
Sorry some people want to fucking pay for a quality product rather than just torrenting it and giving a middle finger to the people who make it by not buying bds.
>>
>>117943926
>The right amount to watch.
No, that's 5 shows you don't care about and 2 shows that you drop because they suck.
It's 3 shows to watch.
That's not the right amount.
>>
>>117943730
Garo is funi too.
>>
>>117943887
>he hasn't heard of the best show this season
>>
>>117943936
It is the subs that aren't reliant on CR rips and actually translate shit that have the delays. Horriblesubs and other CR edits usually don't take too long.
>>
>>117943966
I hate anime too.
>>
>>117943964
Try accepting that other people like different forms of the media you like and there is nothing you can do to stop that.
>>
>>117943887
I'll release the subs when I'm done on Nyaa. You're free to take them and do a full release if you'd like.
>>
>>117943938
>>117943945
>>117943982

Well okay then. I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>117943972
You are correct. I forgot about that show because I dropped it after 2 episodes, but it is sadly lacking subs.
>>
Most fansubbers nowadays are fucking lazy, thank god for HorribleSubs
>>
>>117943995
Different person here
I'd be much more willing to accept that fact if the people who enjoyed bigthree shit weren't unironically such irredeemable faggots.
>>
>>117943850
If you're fine with the wait, then go sub something as there are likely to be other people who will wait for better subs. If your only motivation is to be the faster subgroup, then do something else like mango/LN/VN/etc since that be much appreciated.
>>
>>117943995

Fuck off, Narutard, you're not welcome here.
>>
>>117944019
Not at all. WhyNot has it out within a day usually.
>>
>>117940916
I like my speedsubs more.

Also if you like your good old fansubs why didn't you donate?
>>
>>117943995
I don't care about what they like.
But when you visit the threads for Naruto or HxH (or similarly popular stuff), you'll notice a very different posting style.
These people don't belong here.
>>
>>117944077
etc.
that would be
Time to go to sleep.
>>
>>117944004

Excellent. If you wouldn't mind, could you send an e-mail when you release to this throw-away account I just made?: [email protected]
That way I don't need to check Nyaa every few hours.


For anyone wondering, timing should take a few hours tops, but I'm probably going to bed before he releases subs. Expect episode release tomorrow evening if all goes well.
>>
>>117944131

>That way I don't need to check Nyaa every few hours.

There's this thing called RSS
>>
>>117943983
Commie's more than a month behind HS on Psycho Pass.

As for delay from translations, I'd be fine with that if progress wasn't a week at 0%, then full release in a day. I forget with group did it, but they decided that they were done waiting for their very, very absent TL to return, and used CR translations to "at least get it out". Which is what I would prefer to see from groups: don't let one AWOL member drag down everyone else's efforts, as even if you're using CR translations, getting quality typesetting, chaptering, and better video is worth it.
>>
>>117944104
The answer is to not view their threads. There are 150 threads up on /a/ at any given time and what they do in their threads doesn't affect you or the other 149 topics.
>>
>>117944131
Sure, I'll keep that e-mail. Do I just send you the .ass?
>>
>>117944159
Shh, don't confuse grandpa.
>>
I only watch completed series, so I don't give a fuck if some faggots who do it for free are a little slow
>>
>>117942655
Holy shit this is my 1st time seeing his twitter, dude is up their with the guy who makes the GC mod with living in his own world.
>>
>>117944159

I never got around to figuring out how to make it not show everything.


>>117944191

Yeah, that would be even better. You should still release on Nyaa though, just in case shit happens someone else can use it too.
>>
>>117944188
1) You are plain wrong if you think that they take up just a single thread. That's not much of a problem though. You are right that there are a sufficient amount of different threads out there.
However:
2) You are delusional when you think they don't leak out to other threads, thinking that their kind of posting is acceptable on /a/.
>>
>>117944191
>>117944131
Could I maybe get you fine gents to sub a movie?
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=624363
>>
>>117943443
Retard. People want fast subs the day the show is streamed but who the fuck actually keeps HS releases for archive
>>
>>117944235
>>
>>117944261
>keeping TV rips for archival
>>
>>117944257
I'll think about it if it's any good.
>>
>>117944257

I'm the timer/episode release guy. I'm actually going to see this movie in San Fran the week before Christmas with another anon. At least until then, I won't be touching it. Afterwards, I'll hunt around /a/ for a translator or existing translations if nobody has released it yet. It might be a possible (late) Christmas present.
>>
>>117944293
BD
>>
>>117942798
But most of the people we shit on are reading this shit across are boards, we know just don't care. Like meeting the neighbor you don't like walking down the road and just give him the bird till your at the door.
>>
>>117944191
>>117944004
There are quite a few OVAs as well that have been languishing for over a month now with no subs.
>>
>>117941955
It's a low priority because the plot isn't going to be finished up until the movie which won't come out on disc until mid 2015. Watching the show now is a fucking waste.
>>
>tfw there are three Naruto threads up right now
>>
>>117943164
Don't talk to it, it'll think he's people.
>>
>>117944360
Everything-but-TL guy again. Not sure if TL guy is interested, but if he or any other TL is, I'm in. I can also do probably-shit-but-watchable TL if you have Japanese subs.

Heh, this reminds me of that time when I got /a/ together to sub that SYD OVA a couple years back.
>>
>>117944414

I could gather up all of my pasta and make a Pastebin, for research purposes. There's quite a lot.
>>
>>117944445
Are you the last spirit of fansub still alive?
I hope DJT pay off and we have a few translators more in a few years. I still need to get my shit together and start studying, I'm really thinking in pushing my high-school otouto to study with me so we push each other into it. The bad part is that he lives in another city with my parents, not sure how this will work out.
>>
>>117943873
Doesn't help that animation in general is expensive. Same reason Disney and Nick started switching over to live action awhile back because it's just to expensive and not enough people have the passion to take cut wages.Also still why Disney made the most money out of their old animation because they made it when labor laws were non existent back then.
>>
>>117943544
Same reason why manga is entirely fan done for the west. No company except maybe Shounen is invested enough in the west to give early enough access to beat someone who can scan it before it's out in Japan sometimes.
>>
>>117944636
That's why I was really pissed at Daiz when he leaked Oreimo. The douchenozzle.
>>
File: 1412234320557.jpg (102KB, 1440x820px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412234320557.jpg
102KB, 1440x820px
>>117944502
>Are you the last spirit of fansub still alive?
Perhaps.
>>
>>117942456
Bronies are better than anime fans though.
>>
>>117942022
Except everyone is playing on consoles, which have all the good games, and they are at 30 FPS.

60 FPS is pointless.
>>
>>117944844
herkz pls
seriously, bronies are human refuse
>>
>>117943944
It's a step forward, but it's a step on a treadmill until all 3 sides, Nippan, Subbers, and community all work together. In an ideal world we pay $10-$20 a month and get every thing simulcasted, but not every company will sign with CR so there will be a pirating community that will in turn make the nips not trust CR and CR not trust us and then we get in the cold war we're in now.
>>
>>117944844
>>>/mlp/
>>>/out/
>>>/b/
>>>/lgbtbbq/
>>
>>117944741

Honestly, I wouldn't mind finishing shows that other groups fail to finish, or doing proper subs of shows that only get Funi/HS.

TL is the hardest part, so really, all I'd need to keep doing subs is a reliable TL guy(s). Either that or Japanese subs/script/closed captions. I still suck at understanding speech, but text is easy. Anything other than TL I can do, except maybe encodes, but there's share raws for that. Obviously, if it's just making HS Funi rips not shit, then a TL isn't needed, just time.
>>
>>117944903
Again, anything you can say about bronies, anything at all? Anime fans are worse than that and will be even worse as time goes.
>>
>>117940916
fansubbing was DOA
>>
>>117944897
/v/ is leaking.
>>
>>117944971
Anime fans are all types of people, from 12 year old girls to college professors. Bronies tend to only be fat, social rejects, and obsessed with their computers (often working in tech).
>>
>>117944971
I saw a brony at a store once. An early-20's pimply fat loser in the children's toy aisle.

There is no comparison. One look at /mlp/ will tell you that if you don't believe me.
>>
File: 1408608410281.png (97KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408608410281.png
97KB, 500x281px
>>117940916
Why do you even care? Don't understand why Fansubs even do anything since nobody really cares or appreciate it.
Kind of a waste of time when even if you try to do something most people just tend to bitch and moan if they make a slight mistake. Rather, it's all bitching and moaning and none of the faggots who watch the shows will actually go and support the original release.

It's a bunch of beggers complaining about not getting the highest quality, despite doing nothing to contribute and leeching. If anything, all fansubs should just give up and actually do something worth their time, like going outside and saving orphans.
>>
>>117945007
>leaking
?
>>
>>117944937
Wait, if you're not going to translate, then who will?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM
>>
>>117945018
The average anime fan is just as bad if not worse than a hardcore ponyfucker with a Lyra plushie.

>>117945007
/v/ is a bunch of pee sea mustard ricers, they know nothing about gaming.
>>
>>117945048

There's another guy doing the TL for Jinsei, I'm doing everything else. Like I said, finding a TL guy is the only real issue here. I'm far from being able to translate an episode of pretty much anything by myself. Not to say I can't, I might be able to, it would just be painfully slow and take more time than I have.
>>
>>117945046
Leaking.
>>
>>117945077
Average anime fan are those that just watch the show and maybe buy some trinkets if they come upon it on their way to the store. Average anime fans don't care about quality, who subs, or the translation.
There's a difference between average and faggots.
>>
Is nyaa kill right now
>>
>>117945170
How overtired am I that I find that levee moe?
>>
>>117945213
>my hips are moving on their own, sempai
>kyaaa~
>>
File: dam-breaking.jpg (116KB, 450x254px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dam-breaking.jpg
116KB, 450x254px
>>117945170
Leaking.
>>
>>117945178
The average gamer plays le angry birds on his tablet then, and owns shit like tablets.
>>
>>117945299
Heh... I actually saved that myself and considered posting it, but decided not to when I realized that a dam breaking doesn't really represent "leaking."
>>
>>117945343
>and owns shit like tablets.
You speak as if you don't have one. While anyone retarded enough to bring a tablet outside and walk around should be beaten and robbed on shit, at home a tablet is useful when your laptop is out of battery or just take to bed, rather than having a heavy laptop placed on top of you.
>>
File: 1417860000465.jpg (81KB, 640x411px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417860000465.jpg
81KB, 640x411px
>>117945170
>>117945299
>>
>>117945455
>laptop
>>
>>117945458
What the fuck. Never change, /a/.
>>
>>117945481
>not having a labtop
>>
>>117945455
Who the fuck owns tablets? They are the most worthless piece of hardware. Literally meme hardware.
>>
>>117945518

I read manga on tablets. A phone is too small and I just don't like the experience on a monitor.
>>
>>117945518
Perfect viewer + sad panda on a tablet is pretty good.
>>
>>117945481
There are still people who actually use desktops? Like a monitor and everything?

Holy shit, I thought only old people and schools actually use those.
>>
While CR/Funi subs have their faults, and they don't look particularly appealing, I trust them a lot more than fansubs because
a) minimal localization/liberties taken
b) minimal spelling and grammatical issues
c) speed

I can't tell you how many shows and movies I've dropped, the sole reason being an inaccurate fansub that took great liberties in the translation, to the point that whenever a character would exclaim "Ah!" in surprise, the sub would have it as "Oh my god!"
>>
>>117945295
ecchi
hentai
>>
>>117945518
People that have money. I have money, I'll buy whatever the fuck I want. If I want to buy a tablet just to dick around, I'll do it.
>>
>>117945513
>>117945575
I enjoy my large screen, and I laugh at people who post their laptop resolution screenshots on /a/.
>>
>>117945576
Neither is perfect, but if you prefer hardsubs with terrible video quality over a softsubbed fansub because of short exclamations THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND DONT NEED TO LOOK AT THE SUBTITLE FOR, then you are a plebeian.
>>
>>117945661
Well done, you have an opinion. Billions of other people do too.
>>
>>117945661
I have a 1080x1920 17" screen on my laptop. Bite me.
>>
>>117945661
My labtop screens fairly high quality and also large ≠ good. My desktop has a 1920*1200 24" IPS panel but really the convenience of a labtop for fapping outweighs the computer. I use my desktop for watching anime.
>>
>>117945576
If only they had decent encodes and did karaokes

and movies and OVAs...
>>
>>117945661
>tfw there are 1080p phones
>>
>>117945418
>image of a man installing a chimney cap
>censored porn of obama's mother
>image entitled 'zombie outbreak'
>guns
>horrifying guro with holes in the girls' bodies
>one image that looks to be a futa girl sticking her dick into a mannequin's nipple
>pictures of flooding water from broken dams

What the fuck have you gotten yourself into, man?
>>
>>117945744
>1080p

That's so last year. 2K is the norm now.
>>
>>117945661
I enjoy being able to move around with my laptop, not having to constantly plug it in and being able to sleep with it and watch shows anywhere outside of my basement. It also don't take much effort to carry it around.
>>
>>117945744
The "p" indicates motion video, and is meant to distinguish from "i," or interlaced video. A phone screen, by definition, cannot be 1080p.
>>
>>117945808
>implying resolution = quality
Enjoy your shitty 2k monitors
>>
>>117945885
bait
>>
>>117945418
>>117945806

Is it worse that I recognize the CG set those guro loli images come from? I remember fapping to them.
>>
>>117945888

Just wait, the LG G3's screen might not have been that good but the successor will fix those problems. I'm pretty sure the Note 4 has a 2K screen and looks great anyway.
>>
>>117945927
Look it up.
>>
I'll admit that I don't have a high standard for watching anime, so I'm very grateful to CR and HS that I can watch anime in fast and reliable time.
Though it kinda suck with movies and OVAs that they could only hope to be subbed if some fansub took interest it it and decided to sub it.
>>
I only watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V/Tokusatsu, BR fansubs still exist, then it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>117945808
It's one phone and 2k has diminishing returns on such a small screen.
>>
>>117945885
As if there's really any difference between 720p and 1080p. Wasting extra data for a little bit more resolution is stupid, being picky even more so. It just make you look like a spoiled faggot, especially when you didn't do or pay for shit.

People complain to fucking much. Fucking kids these days. They're the reason why the whole world is going to shit.
>>
>>117945989
720p anime on a 1080p screen looks better than 720p anime on a 720p screen. The pixels are smaller on the larger screen, making the lines in the anime smoother and more detailed.
>>
>>117945806
It's called 4chan.

>>117945960
Just means you have good taste.
>>
File: 1405406677139.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405406677139.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>117945989
>People complain to fucking much.
>to
>>
File: 02_10.jpg (106KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
02_10.jpg
106KB, 1024x768px
>>117945418
>>117945960
>>117946060
I found it again fairly quickly too.
http://exhentai.org/g/216632/245e79e60c/
>>
>>117945989
>As if there's really any difference between 720p and 1080p
I found the console user.

> They're the reason why the whole world is going to shit.

No, people settling for the worse is why the whole world is going to shit.
>>
>>117946135
>>>/v/
>>
>>117946024
Do you really need to give a shit about the lines being smoother or more detailed or any fucking shit, especially if you're going to be watching with subs?

When you're watching with subs just read the fucking words and look at the characters move their mouth. Who gives a fuck about how detailed that cat in the background is. We move away from cell to digital and all fucking kids do nowadays is complaining about the walls not being a right color. Half the fucking people here don't even just watch the show for the show anymore, rather just to find things to bitch about. How utterly retarded.
>>
>>117946154
> person disagrees with me and is right
> must be /v/

nice
>>
>>117946156
How many shows have you watched?

I easily read subs with my peripheral vision and I'm focused on watching the show itself. I notice stuff like mangled backgrounds.
>>
>>117945808
My phone has a 960x540 screen and I can't see any evidence of pixelation no matter how close I put my eye to the screen. 2K is just wasted, same with the idiots that buy 4K TVs and sit 3 meters away from them.
>>
>>117946185
>bringing up video game consoles in a thread about anime
>implying it is not a /v/ermin
>>
>>117946231
> i don't see
> must not exist

found the second console user
>>
>>117946263
> implying console users don't watch anime
> implying they don't apply their inherently inferior brains to justify 720p resolution everywhere, not just in videogames
> implying /v/ users don't defend consoles
>>
>>117944693
That's why he'll never get hired.
>>
>>117946290
> entitled
There's that word again!

> at least have the balls to actually go and pay for the fucking thing.

But if I pay for it, for example, if I pay for a Crunchyroll account, I will get an inferior quality product.

Are you retarded?
>>
Oh man, it's one of those elitarian topics again on /a/. If you just want to watch it with subs than pick whatever you like. Unless it's Hadena because that is just garbage.
If you really hate some subs, then feel free to make your own or better yet, just learn some nihong so you don't even need to read subs.

>>117944897

60fps has always been a standard in video games. If you really believe that console games are supposed to run at 30fps than I can't believe you are not a PR-guy from Ubisoft
>>
>>117946135
>No, people settling for the worse is why the whole world is going to shit.
Before acting like you're entitle to high quality shit at least have the balls to actually go and pay for the fucking thing.
It's the equivalent of a hobo going to a soup kitchen and complaining about how he's not getting caviar and golden bread.
>>
>>117946332
And not because, say, Crunchy's "jobs" page is essentially a dead end and people actually get hired via connections?

Shows how much you know.
>>
>>117946105
God bless ye
>>
>>117946340
30 FPS is the standard, not 60. 60 is pointless. Most people delude themselves into thinking they see the difference.

Ocarina of Time ran at 20 FPS and is one of the best games that have ever been released.
>>
>>117946373
>get hired via connections?

aka "networking"

That's pretty much how real life works.
>>
Good thing, we don't need them.
They should use their energy on vn translation instead.
>>
>>117946274
I'm sorry dude but I did some research and found that the human eye generally can't see a difference past 300 pixels per inch. Those are the facts. I'm just talking about phones, not monitors.
>>
>>117946357
>>117946337

Also
> don't pay for something
pay then complain kekeke
> pay for something
why did you pay for it if you don't like it
>>
>>117941167
Daily reminder that thanks to HS there is now an entire generation of new JoJo fans that think Steely Dan is called Dan of Steel.
>>
>>117946403
Weak bait
>>
>>117946406
Nepotism and networking are two very different things. You're an idiot and you have always been an idiot and you will die an idiot and you will be referred to as an idiot long after you die.

I'm not surprised that you defend shittyroll, because without shittyroll your "fansubbing" group is nothing.
>>
>>117946337
Nobody is asking you to pay for crunchyroll's shit. Rather don't support those fuckers since they chune out garbage then throw it away when they don't get money for it.
Fuck those faggots.

Watch the show in normal quality, 720 or hell even 480p. Then go and buy the 1080p if you like it. Otherwise just watch the shit in standard and stop bitching and moaning about not having the highest quality possible.
>>
I want /v/ to go.
>>
>>117946354
Read the rules dumbass. Then you know how you done goofed.
>>
>>117946483
The normal quality is 1080p, you fucking idiot.

> Then go and buy the 1080p if you like it.

Because I'm going to buy blu-rays for $100 per episode. Right.
>>
>>117946461
>Nepotism and networking are two very different things.
Just because you're "friends" with someone at Crunchyroll, it doesn't mean you automatically get a job. It gets your foot in the door, which is pretty much what networking is.

>I'm not surprised that you defend shittyroll, because without shittyroll your "fansubbing" group is nothing.
That's funny. As of this moment, thanks to Crunchyroll, we have over half a billion downloads. As much as I hate to say it, we're the most popular group out there. By a large margin. And you can't do shit about it.
>>
>>117946357
It's the equivalent of a hobo going to a soup kitchen, finding there's no soup, and when he wonders why he didn't go to the other soup kitchen, being yelled at for being entitled and told to wait a few days. And the soup is the same but not as good.

See, you're making out like Mr. Hobo has no choice. He does. If the subgroups stuck to series that actually need some fucking subs, there'd be hardly any issue here, but they refuse to do that.
>>
>>117946535
I don't care. He needs to know that people are reporting him based on the severity of his shitposting. /v/ needs to be kept in /v/ or /b/.
>>
>>117946570
> This couldn't be shit! Millions of flies like it!

When shittyroll is dead, which is soon, you're also dead. You're nothing. You haven't done anything. You're just defending a shitty corporation on an anonymous imageboard, for free, after stealing their content.
>>
File: 1353198081820.jpg (156KB, 484x536px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1353198081820.jpg
156KB, 484x536px
>>117946461
Why are you so butthurt?
>>
>>117946554
>The normal quality is 1080p, you fucking idiot.

Excuse me? What? No it's not, the majority of anime is broadcasted in 720, most 1080 are upscales. Kill yourself.
>>
>>117946625
At least we're not dead yet, unlike, you know, the subs you crave for!
>>
>>117942609
>and the Zvezda OVA has been out for a month now, but still no subs.
It still hurts.
>>
>>117946582
You're the one shitposting by announcing your reports and telling people to go to /v/ when they disagree with you, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>117946403
Go to youtube, watch some gameplay footage in 30fps and then on 60fps. If you really can't see any difference you must half blind.
>>
>>117946654
Did you just mention "your subs"? Fucking what, clown?

>>117946626
Horriblesubs are cancer and need to die along with shittyroll. Tripfags are not welcome on this board.
>>
>>117942762
Wasn't Jinsei that show about the Life Help Service?
I started to watch it because those girls, but dropped because absolutely no storyline.
>>
>>117945706
Tiny.
>>
>>117946660
>hurp dont announce reports gaiz, follow moots new made-up rules to the letter!
Back when 4chan was still good, the board functioned healthily BECAUSE we announced our reports, and because people could see that we'd used a sage.
>>
>>117946694
You do realize he's only here because people such as yourself are easy to bait, right?
>>
>>117946554
>The normal quality is 1080p, you fucking idiot.
Wow you're one spoiled motherfucker. You want BD quality but not willing to pay for it. I assume you also consider fiberoptics and cable as free shit that you don't have to actually pay for, that it's normal to have them for free don't you?

>Because I'm going to buy blu-rays for $100 per episode. Right.
Nobody is forcing you to buy the blu-rays. Just watch it normally as it is and buy it if you like it. Stop leeching and then complaining like a dumbass about not having the highest quality possible when you don't even plan to pay a cent to support them.
>>
>>117946672
Different guy, of course you can tell the difference but 60fps isn't necessarily or in most cases better. A lot of the time, especially in live action, due to people being used to watching 30fps, 60fps feels extremely unnatural. It can both help and hurt, and let us stick with the standard of 30. 60 also won't make much of a real difference in a show animated in 30fps. It'll just mean each frame is now displayed twice, it has no actual impact on how the framing works.
>>
>>117946732
>Back when 4chan was still good
You mean in early 2014, when you weren't here yet?
>>
File: 1417134300240.png (571KB, 1120x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417134300240.png
571KB, 1120x1080px
>>117946694
That still isn't explaining why you're such an autistic faggot getting mad on imageboard
You are the cancer
>>
>>117946508
Why? Because they remind you too much of your community?

/a/ and /v/ are the same kind of boards. The only differences are
1. one board discusses video game related topics and the other anime and manga related
2. /a/ hates spoonfeeding while /v/ encourages it

Just go take a look yourself. I visit both of them daily. Its users are just as annoying, just as self-entitled and arrogant and just as stupid.
Also, most gamers watch anime and read manga and vice-versa. Or at least I know I do.
>>
>>117946732
Are yuo kidding me. It functioned because half a million retards weren't here yet.
>>
>>117946762
2008.
>>
>>117946743
Pay whom? Fansubbers?


I'm not buying blu-rays. I'm not buying garbage official translators. I am not paying vomitroll.
>>
>>117946780
>2008
>The year in which it all went to shit

Yeah, stop posting.
>>
>>117946769
The only difference is /a/ is a bunch of autistic memespewers. Same exact memes in every single thread.
>>
>>117946755
I agree with you that animation and TV-series suffice with 30 but with gaming, 60 feels a lot smoother.
>>
>>117946780
> 4chan being good in 2008
> what is guyfawkesmaskgate
>>
>>117946818
It was still good in 2008. That's when Strike Witches came out.
>>
>>117946853
Depends on the game and style for me. For platformers I agree, for 3d games I actually prefer 30fps as it feels more natural.
>>
File: serena.jpg (4KB, 91x89px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
serena.jpg
4KB, 91x89px
>>117946859
>>
Everybody knows that the human eye cannot perceive motion faster than 30 fps. We see at about 25 fps.
>>
>>117946573
>See, you're making out like Mr. Hobo has no choice. He does.
He doesn't. The fact that people even give a shit as to open a soup kitchen and actually volunteer to feed his useless ass he should be content. It's not that he doesn't find any soup, it's that he's complaining that the soup he gets isn't the best, highest quality soup distributed despite that he's not going to give anything back in anyway.

It's fucking assholes that bitch and moan about not having the highest quality despite the standard, being just as good, then proceed to complain so more without paying a cent that is just absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>117946886
With 3D-games, I still prefer 60fps with shooters and fighting games. And racing games. For other genres like RPGs it feels less important to me.

And that's the last /v/-related post I make in this thread. This is still /a/.
>>
Kill La Kill had awesome fansubs.
>>
File: QhjnUmS.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
QhjnUmS.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>117946886
> for 3d games I actually prefer 30fps as it feels more natural.
>>
File: 1401461184272.png (209KB, 392x387px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401461184272.png
209KB, 392x387px
I wouldn't say its died it was more of the fact that Funi/CR are picking up 99 percent off the stuff they probably feel its kinda pointless.

It would be nice if a decent group would be dedicated to OVA's/Movies that kind of thing.
>>
>>117946918
>>117946886
Man this thread is going places.
>>
>>117946792
Then shut the fuck up and don't complain about not getting 1080p releases right away.

Watch the fucking thing in 720p and be happy.
>>
>>117946973
Kill la Kill's main job was to save anime from Daiz.
>>
>>117946948
i don't think you understand my point

> It's fucking assholes that bitch and moan about not having the highest quality despite the standard, being just as good

The highest quality is the standard.

The inferior quality is inferior.

How are you retarded enough to not understand this?

How are you encouraging people to be content with mediocrity, leading to mediocrity being accepted as the new standard?
>>
Why cant funimation die, I'm so fucking sick of their shitty hard subs. Not that I'm saying CR should get every show but at least they are not completely retarded.
>>
>>117947000
I don't have a 720p monitor, though, so it would be pointlessly upscaled, which looks horrible due to dynamic pixel interpolation.
>>
>>117946977
>TV upscale to 1080
>>
I'm thankful for the subgroups that keep going.
It was good that WhyNot teamed up with Steiner to bring out Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes because the official translations were garbage.
>>
The meme shit they do with this character is so bad I actually have an easier time just switching my brain off the subs and listening to what the character is saying.
>>
>>117947000
Why do I have to be content with inferior quality? I don't get it.

1080p is not technically harder to do than 720p, it's just a matter of encoding source material.

Since people accept 720p as the standard thanks to people like you despite the fact that 1080p should be the standard, 1080p is not as popular, so subbers don't bother.

Meaning shitters like you are ruining everything as always.
>>
>>117947036
> not playing videogames exclusively on your monitor in glorious 60FPS/1080p
> or even beyond in 144FPS
>>
>>117947074
>playing video games
Are you 14?
>>
>>117947094
> watching anime
are you a japanese teenager?
>>
You fags should not have talked to /v/. You're only emboldening it, and making it thing that it's welcome anywhere on the internet.
>>
File: 1405693503547.jpg (47KB, 418x430px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405693503547.jpg
47KB, 418x430px
>>117947030
>he doesn't use NNEDI3
>>
>>117947126
maybe people shouldn't bitch and moan about /v/ every single time they get told
>>
>>117947116
Japanese = Aryans. All white people are Japanese.
>>
>>117947175
dude what
>>
>Watching ongoing shows
>>
Update on Jinsei 13 subs: 5 minutes 34 seconds subbed. Will give another update when I'm halfway through.
>>
>>117947186
According to Hitler, Japanese are East Aryans. What more proof do you need?
>>
>>117947175
Japanese are aryans in the same way that american blacks are legally people.

Got them to shut up, but everyone knows how things really are.
>>
>>117947209
Can someone other than fucking Hitler answer my question?
>>
>>117947240
Hitler is the ultimate reference on what is, and isn't, white.
>>
>>117947240
Are you implying hitler doesn't have all the answers?
>>
>>117947003
>The highest quality is the standard.
The highest quality is something that you actually went and paid for, extra even. You paid for it with your hard earned money, you do deserve the best yes. If you pay for first class on a plane, you deserve first class quality. Anything less that should be a complaint.

But here you're getting your shit for free. Rather, you're leeching this shit. You don't have the right to complain about not having the highest quality immediately. You can still get a good, decent one that's almost the same but only slightly inferior. But if you're still going to complain about that, you're just a spoiled shit head.

Stop acting like a filthy chink still thinking he's living in a world where he get everything for free because he's too stupid to understand the concept of communism.
>>
>>117947240
How about Joseph Goebbles?
>>
>>117947288
I don't think you understand.

Since we're talking about illegal downloads, there's no "better" and "worse" quality. You're supposed to pay for 720 too, you're supposed to pay for 480 too, you're supposed to pay for awful typesetting, you're supposed to pay for shit quality translations.

You're saying that you can't complain about literally anything until you pay for it, at which point you STILL can't complain about it because you should not have bought it, thus voting with your wallet.

Do you see my point now, you inbred homunculus?
>>
Why are you acting like all fansub releases would be coming out weeks late?

It's certainly true that Commie and FFF are slowpoking on some shows, but other than that I'm personally doing pretty fine watching nothing but fansub releases for the things I'm watching this season.

Also, OVAs and other irregularly scheduled things have always been a pain in the ass to deal with compared to regular weekly airings.
>>
>>117947288
People just sitting there and taking the corporate dick is why the world has gone to shit.

Not people who see issues and want them fixed.

> You can still get a good, decent one that's almost the same but only slightly inferior.
Horriblesubs and 720p are not "slightly inferior". If I pay I get the same inferior shit by the way.
>>
>>117941167
How is HS not a fansubbing group?
>>
>>117947430
How new are you? HS doesn't sub shit, they just run a bot that automatically scrapes releases from CR and uploads them.
>>
>>117947430
Because they just steal subtitles from Crunchyroll and then act like the public chose the best?
>>
>>117947404
If you know anything about fansubbing and encoding, why didn't Crunchyroll hire you?
>>
You remember the early Kaizoku-fansubs subs on the first one piece episodes?
That shit was cool as fuck.
>>
File: daiz7.png (12KB, 898x85px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
daiz7.png
12KB, 898x85px
>>117947461
daizly reminder
>>
>>117947404
Tripfag go away. I bet you don't even know who Daiz really is.
>>
>>117947370
Yes, I know what you're mean you dick.

I'm just sick and tired of people bitching and moaning left and right about not having 1080p immediately right on their lap.
I'm not saying you can't complain unless you pay for it if it's shit, but complaining about it not being the highest quality possible is just retarded.

If a show is shit because it is just shit, go complain to your heart's content.

But if your main complaint about the show is that you couldn't get it because it was only in 720p and the only way to get 1080p was through buying the BD, you're a fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>117947609
Then Horriblesubs is inferior to crunchyroll because their rips appear after the stream has finished.
>>
>>117947638
> I'm just sick and tired of people bitching and moaning left and right about not having 1080p immediately right on their lap.

Why are you upset that people want the standard quality, rather than highly inferior quality? 720p is highly inferior. That's a lot of pixels lost.
>>
>>117947713
>720p_low_quality_bait.jpg
>>
>>117947404
Your personal opinion doesn't really matter much because you're top percentage unlike us plebs.
>>
>>117947484
Two big issues: didn't have any connections to get a recommendation, and living about half a world away from San Francisco (which is where all the potentially interesting kind of CR jobs would be, they don't really hire remote workers outside of translators and timers).
>>
>>117947074
>Watching stretched 720
>>
>>117940916
I'm doing perfectly fine with muh chink subs, so no worries
>>
>>117947823
>didn't have any connections to get a recommendation
Maybe you should have spent your time networking instead of bitching about issues that don't matter?
>>
>>117947404
You never finished rinne
>>
>>117947823
BTW, they have way too many translators now. There's only a fixed amount of show every season while as there are probably a lot more qualified translators.
>>
>>117947828
> he thinks PC videogames don't have innate 1080 resolution
>>
>>117947851
Well, that's how he got his current job shilling for Fakku by bitching on the internet. It worked out in the end, even if it's in funny ways.
>>
>>117947874
UBW isn't a video game.
>>
>>
>>117947713
I'm more upset about people always complaining about not getting the best when they haven't done shit or act like they deserve it. It just make them look like spoil bastards.

Then people are going to have to spoon feed these fuckers and make them feel like they are entitle to it. It's like a fucking little kid crying about getting an android or someshit instead of a fucking Iphone or something. You give the little fucker the Iphone and now he'll think that he'll always need to have the best regardless and will continue to complain and complain.

If there's anything I hate worse is fuckers that complain and complain yet contribute nothing but still complain like they're something special. Spoiled brats are the worse.
>>
>>117947404
> Why are you acting like all fansub releases would be coming out weeks late?
> UTW still hasn't finished seitokai yakuindomo bleep

Explain this bullshit daiz

i want my taiwanese rice paper origami
>>
>>117947853

If only Crunchy had a manga department that they could put those translators to use on. But, that'd be crazy.
>>
>>117947851
I do actually have someone who could recommend me now (who even offered to do so), but the location issue would still be a pretty big show-stopper.

Though even if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't pursue it right now since I already have my job at FAKKU where I get to do actually interesting work on digital distribution. It's quite unlikely that I could be able to get into a high enough position to do something similarly interesting at CR.
>>
>>117947924
> don't ever complain about anything or you're entitled

Complaining is an incentive for people to fix their shit.
>>
I miss the days when /a/ use to support fansubbers except for commie fuck commie. Whatever happened to that? We use to drag CR and Funni through the mud.
>>
>>117947932
Go learn the language and translate yourself.Then enjoy watching plebs complaining about not being able to watch it while you know everything.
>>
>>117947965
>Jewcobs fakku
Fuck off scum
>>
File: 1414945855294.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414945855294.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>117947972
No one has patience, People would always use fan subs over CR/Funi but not many like to wait.
>>
>>117947972
> come back to /a/
> people jump your fucking throat for saying anything bad about Horrible and Commie

what the fuck happened to this board?
>>
>>117948013
I usually get horriblesubs because I like the discussion threads on /a/ when they're fresh.
>>
>>117948034
Same here, I haven't visited /a/ in like a year and a half and all of a sudden people are sucking CR's dick. Seriously what happened?
>>
>>117948087
> people praise "HS fansubs"
> you can't tell them they're wrong because that is a le spoone fede may-may
>>
>>117947950
Well, you'd need manga to translate first.
>>
>>117947972
I'm sure /a/ would support fansubbers if they were any to support. Ha! Ha... Ha!
>>
>>117947966
I'm not saying now to complain if something is shit. If something is decent there is no need to act like a spoiled brat about not getting the best possible.
But I guess your standard for decent is probably Shaft style twice remade Blu-ray so we're not going to be going.

Constant complaints regardless of whatever you get just make everyone look like ungrateful spoiled sons of bitches.
>>
>>117944360
There are 3 Gainax OVAs from the 80's that haven't ever been subbed and raws have always been available
>>
On the one hand CR/Funi subs most shows so we have access to the majority without all the shitty fansubbing drama.

On the other hand, the rest of the fansub groups are focused on simulcasted shows instead of OVAs, movies and otherwise non-trasnlated stuff that we will never get. I understand you wouldn't want to work on something you don't enjoy, but this is just a terrible waste.
>>
>>117948174
if 1080p is avaliable, then 720p is inferior and not enough

simple as that
>>
>>117941897
HS/Commie subs for the first OreTwi episode are pretty terrible, so I switched to using Doki.
>>
Gonna play devil's advocate here. Why do hardsubs bother you?
>>
>>117948226
Because they can't be scaled nicely, and don't allow subtitle-less screenshots to be taken.
>>
>>117948196
But if there isn't 1080p but only 720p yet complaining about not having 1080p immediately, that's fucking retarded.

I see these fucking people all too much and they piss me off.
>>
More groups should focus on OVAs
>>
File: 1080p.jpg (24KB, 487x189px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1080p.jpg
24KB, 487x189px
>>117948266
Also relevant.
>>
>>117948266
> people smarter than you piss you off

as it should be, inbred retard.


>>117948226
> can't quickly downscale my 1080p quality down to 720p to watch on my nexus
> can't fix a typo or a timing error
>>
Fansubbing is indeed dead in quality and cooperation. I'm this guy.

https://archive.moe/a/thread/117662297/#117668137

People now just want to compete or shoot each other down just for attention.
>>
>>117948373
i remember subbing VHS of sailor moon

i would never have the old times back, thank you very much
>>
>>117940916
>meme frog
crossboarder shit like you should be instaba&
>>
>>117948360
Don't understand why subbers even exist or care enough to continue doing thing. Do they do it because they feel like they accomplish something despite the fact that nobody care or even like what they do?
Does it make them feel like they're worth something just because people might rely on even through they hate what you're doing?

I've come to a conclusion that all subbers are dedicated masochist and sadistic freaks.
And that's kinda cool

That or they actually enjoy what they're doing. You don't really see people like that nowadays, doing shit just because they want to do it regardless, where they're just happy just being able to do it.
>>
Remember when fansubbers used to be all, "we're just doing this to spread awareness of japanese animation! please buy this show if it becomes available in the west!"

Heh.
>>
>>117948468
In tonight's news, people participate in discussions on different sections of a website, more news at 11.
>>
>>117946978
The problem with that is interest. No one does anything they aren't interested in these days, especially translators. And that's what keeps things from getting done. Not even the coolest translator would just translate anything and everything people throw at them.
>>
>(AC) Ashita no Nadja - 40.avi
>>
>>117943346
They finished unis and started working.
>>
>>117948543
Yeah, that was back when anime still use cell. Fansubbers don't even care anymore, or what's left of them.
>>
>>117948545
>being a crossboarder
>being proud of it
>>
>>117947055
But that's fucking wrong. Anime is typically mastered at lower than 1080p, meaning 720p is the standard for a reason. That, and TV streams are 1080i so of course they get released in 720p. It's not that subbers don't bother, it's that you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>117948543
Fansubbers in some countries (Germany) are still like this and it's pure cancer.
>hardsubbing "don't sell this on eBay"
>DDoSing groups who don't delete their fansubs after the show got licensed
>>
>>117948441

Well, I created a pure memory for those people who enjoyed cartoons like that.

I guess I accomplished something;.


>>117948543

Thank Funimation and Crunchyroll for being filthy kikes who set up that mindset. People often say "Well Anime is gonna be ruined by the west and become normalfag."

It already has. long time ago. Nobody wants tor read the manga, not even have the original OST and replaced by blaring tech-rock shit.
>>
>>117948563
If people aren't interested, they aren't interested. Why should they spend their time doing something they don't like, especially when they don't get paid?

We're not living in some fucked up Egalitarian world where everyone just do things for the sake of others.
>>
>>117948647
You are literally retarded and to young to be here. That "mindset" in question completely predates the existence of Funimation and Crunchyroll.
>>
>>117948543
>>
>>117942845
>I'm not the only one who can't stand that shit.
Thank for existing my friend.
It kills me that it fuck up the aspect ratio.
>>
>>117948679
>That "mindset" in question completely predates the existence of Funimation and Crunchyroll.

It might have exist, but not of this volume. people actually wanted to spread Japanese animation awareness and in the 70's, you had people who tried (and failed) to ,make it illegal to import and pirate anime because of their idea of licensing it like greedy fucks they are.

It was not until Funimation and Toonami together who set up that mindset. Thankfully, it's not illegal.
>>
File: 1366993814305.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1366993814305.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>117948591
I'm actually not, but its retarded to get upset that someone else on the internet, uses different parts of the same website as you.
>>
>>117948647
>It already has. long time ago.
Acting like anime and manga is some sort of secret club is stupid and just being a dumbass hipster.

If you like something just like it, regardless of what happens. Don't let other people decide what you like, you fucking sheep.

I like reading Toriko. It's not the best thing ever created, everyone on /a/ hates it and at times it's just downright stupid but I like it because I read it to pass time and it's fun.

I also like Nisekoi because I like the author's work. it's shit at times because it's cliche as hell, all I see from people is complaints and it too is also stupid from time to time. But I still like and read it regardless.
>>
>>117948828
>it's cool to have /v/ and /tv/ posting here

you are the reason, why /a/ became shit.
>>
>>117948828
It's more to do with bringing unwanted, cancerous areas of the site back here. Just like people don't like anime reaction images outside of the weeb boards.
>>
>>117948863
/a/ has become shit because everyone on this board is a retarded hipster who spends his job-not-having days "detecting" invaders from evil different websites
>>
>>117948648
You misunderstand. He said there should be a group dedicated to doing OVAs or movies. That's all well and good until you realize that doesn't work. Format isn't important to a translator in terms of interest. People aren't interested in just subbing OVAs or movies because someone else wants them. A normal fansub group will simply do the OVAs or movies they find interesting already.
>>
>>117948863
You're part of /a/ too and part of the problem, not the solution. In otherwords, you too made /a/ shit.
Not that /a/ wasn't shit to begin with. You're a fucktard if you think it was anthing else to begin with.

Fucktard.
>>
>>117948890
>/a/
>not an unwanted, cancerous area of the site

>people don't like anime reaction images outside of the weeb boards.

And everyone calls them retarded for it.
>>
>>117948863
/a/ has become shit because you can't leave your shit from other boards on the other boards?

I browse a shit ton of other boards but I don't take their shit to /a/ or vice versa.
>>
>>117948863
>you are the reason, why /a/ became shit.

>This shitty excuse again

No, you fucking retard. you keep provoking them, instead of ignoring them. you refuse to to report, hide, and filter. You are like Liberals who think they'll win by kicking and screaming.
>>
>>117948958
Conservatives always lose simply because progress always shits on their cancerous mentality. We don't even have to do anything, we can just let conservatives open their mouths.
>>
File: 1350644972391.jpg (403KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1350644972391.jpg
403KB, 1000x1200px
>>117940916

Does anyone ever wonder what the people who used to lead the great fansubs in the past went on to once they dropped doing it? Started a normalfag hobby? Stopped anime altogether? Some might have wound up with a career and family?
>>
>>117948953
>I browse a shit ton of other boards
this is /a/'s future
>>
>>117943321
I know I'm 4 hours late on asking this but who's doing it?
>>
>>117948149
How have you managed to not kill yourself yet?
>>
>>117949002
>>>/r9k/
fuck off with your cancerous blog frog
>>
>>117948934
In the view of some of the normalfag boards, /a/ probably is. What is your point?
>>
>>117949054
>normalfag
what is this buzzing sound?

does it come from your words?
>>
>>117949003
It's not /a/'s future, it's /a/'s present. Faggots like you pretending to be oldfags are the reason /a/ went to shit because you actually think because someone told you how /a/ was around 2006 it's supposed to be always like that.
>>
>>117949002

>That entire description.

Not likely. this is why I don't like normalfags, they get scared of the psychological warfare trying to make them what they think should be "normal" and now you just become a depressed fool.
>>
>>117948952
Don't you have some moeshit to jerkoff to instead of waiting for someone to reply and acknowledge your useless waste of an existance?
Go hate on anonymous people that came from the same shit site and proceed to presume they're from that one group that you keep hearing about how much /a/ hates because they just hate it so you have to hate it to so you can fit in because you have no opinion or mind of your own.
>>
>>117949083
What would you rather me say, "people who don't like anime"?

Seems like you have nothing else to say.
>>
File: 1415312435690.png (606KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415312435690.png
606KB, 1280x720px
>>117948958
>>117948990
And /pol/ is here. Fucking hell, I'm loving this already.
Let it burn, let it all burn! Abortion should be legal because it's the women's right to choose.
War is a fucking waste cause no people should be killed.
There should be no gun control because I should have the right to go outside and shoot a nigger when I want to, in self defense.
>>
File: Lime Subs.png (157KB, 1420x1611px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Lime Subs.png
157KB, 1420x1611px
>>117949085
06 /a/ was way more cancerous. Nostalgia goggles has really fogged up how people perceive the old board culture.
>>
>>117949208
That's because we all were underage at that time. We grew up (and most became bitter that couldn't drop 4chan) and it reflects on the entire board.
>>
>>117949251
What does it matter. We're all consider underage retarded manchilds regardless.

Do you think that /a/ actually age? For all we know everyone can be in their 30s and just here to shitpost for the fun of it. It's the only thing to do this a shithole like this anyway.
>>
Fansubs died when it stopped being a way for translators to share their favorite unlicensed anime and became a way for weeaboo teenagers with access to a computer to stroke their ego.
>>
>>117949453
I bet you were one of those, weren't you? You wanted to do something like that and have people suck your dick, actually care about your existance.

I bet you still want to do it, don't ya Mr.Adult.
>>
>>117949160
Anyone who regularly visits /a/ and is not in denial has no delusions about how cancerous this board is.
>>
>>117949614
Name one major board that isn't cancerous.
>>
>>117949660
> and you are lynching negroes
>>
>>117949660
The whole of 4chan is pure shit. That's what makes it a good site.

If I want to post and give a shit I would go to some other shitty site that require me to register and treat other faggots with respects and crap.

Why the fuck else are you on 4chan if not for shitting on everything and trying to make this place even more shitty for no reason?
>>
>>117949784

I don't know about you, but I'm here to discuss animu and mango.
>>
>>117947924
Your analogies are hilarious in that they are never actually analogous.
>>
>>117949842
Don't you mean shitpost in randomly annie may may threads that's filled with nothing but shitpost?
Tell the truth, that's what we're all really here for.
>>
>>117948087
>people are sucking CR's dick

Nobody is doing that.

Why am I posting in a troll thread.

Perhaps I will have lunch and blog about it.
>>
>>117940916
Fansubbing isn't dead
For one good reason.

There are shows that don't get simulcasted.
The DVD and BD versions are far better.
>>
>>117945672
I said the fact that some shitty fansubbers DO sub exclamations is why fansubbing should die out.
>>
File: 1399759323738.jpg (137KB, 900x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399759323738.jpg
137KB, 900x900px
My only issue is the people who willingly give money to Funi. What the FUCK is wrong with them.

Crunchyroll fine, they're hypocritical Judas cunts but they have at least improved over time. Funi on the other hand are bottom of the barrel, and giving them money means they pick up even more shows.
>>
>>117949013
whynot who are good people
>>
>>117950114
>>>/tv/ you autist
>>
>>117940916
Still waiting for the last episode of Jinsei.
>>
>>117949208
You do realize they're not being 100% serious, right?
>>
>>117941955
Just use a raw and FuniRips subtitle file.
>>
>>117950159

Have you given them money? Kill yourself.
>>
>>117942904
Do they actively stop independent subbers from uploading to Nyaa?

Holy shit.
>>
>>117950174
No shit captain obvious.
When the fuck is anything every serious. Any retard that take shit on /a/ as 100% serious must have fucking brain damage.
>>
>>117950294
Independent subbers are usually crap.
>>
>EfP is STILL not subbed
Yeah, it's dead alright.
>>
>>117950358
Better than nothing, or the choice between nothing and Commie.
>>
I'm just going to start switching to HS after this season. I really value being able to watch the shows I pick to follow at least once a week. I dont need the releases to be first or done within 48 hours of airing.... I just need it at least once a fucking week. The fact that so many shows are now behind by multiple weeks disgusts me.

I am going to miss the superior type setting, chapters, video quality, and karaokes though. That is why I pick fansubbers over HS. Sadly fansubbers are so fucking deluded that they only care about whos first and who gets the most downloads, completely ignoring the fact that there are at least 100 DLs for even the smallest of fansub groups.
>>
Anyone else > Commie > HS

Too bad the 'anyone else' barely exists anymore and commie literally doesn't even fucking care anymore.
>>
>>117947448
>falling for obvious bait
>>
Meanwhile in alternate reality /a/, a.f.k is still alive and well and has resisted Daiz's 10-bit mkv aggression by holding onto their dear wmv format.
>>
>>117950494
>superior type setting
This is annoying, because Crunchyroll attempts really bad typesetting. It's distracting and looks shit, much much worse than actual fansubs.

>chapters

Just map a key to seek by 85 seconds.

>video quality

This is an issue with some shows. You could download a TV raw and use it with the horriblesubs subtitles.

>karaokes

I miss this too. I just want a song translation to get the general themes.
>>
>>117950488
Naw, independent subbers that can't time for shit are completely unwatchable.

I used to work as a corrector in a fansub group, our translator used to be an independent translator.
His timing and grammar were vomit inducing.
<