[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick: Library Update 53 - Amerind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 42

File: 16955973._SX540_.jpg (56KB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
16955973._SX540_.jpg
56KB, 540x350px
/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Pastebin update pending.
Changelog update pending.

>Euro
Interpreting Early Hellenistic Religion - A Study Based on the Cult of Isis and the Mystery Cult of Demeter
Derek Collins - Magic in the Ancient Greek World

>Gnostic
Reading Utopia in Chronicles

>Mesoamerican and Amerind
New folder! Moved all *book form* materials about the ancient preColombian cultures into here. New additions:

Isabel Yaya The Two Faces of Inca History Dualism in the Narratives and Cosmology of Ancient Cuzco

Death and the Classic Maya

Water and Ritual The Rise and Fall of Classical Maya Rulers

The Worlds of the Moche on the North Coast of Peru-University of Texas Press (2012)

Lord Eight Wind of Suchixtlan and the Heroes of Ancient Oaxaca Reading History in the Codex Zouche

In the Maw of the Earth (Mayan Cave Rites)

Star Gods of the Maya Astronomy

Becoming an Ancestor The Isthmus Zapotec Way of Death

The Wari Empire in Cuzco

Burial Theme in Moche Iconography (1979)

Considering adding some metallurgical texts to the new folder to undermine the asinine idea that Mesoamerica didn't have bronze.
>>
>>18983561
Library size:

>45.02 GB

>495 folders and 5640 files
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>mfw america is not a young land, it is old, dirty, and evil. before the settlers, before the indians, the evil was there waiting
>>
>>18983581
All of my library updates contain fresh new books for review and discussion.

>>18983573
>evil
"No."

>>18983565
?
>>
>>18983582
You have just become bland and annoying. Sure you have 10 plebs who read your threads.

What would you do if /b/ just stared raiding your threads because you're such a cuck
>>
>>18983590
Considering /b/ still raided /x/ when I started these, I'd probably just keep going like I did in 2011 and 2012.

But I'm sure you speak for all of /x/.

>>18983582
>?
Meant for >>18983572
>>
File: LEM Small.png (104KB, 400x813px) Image search: [Google]
LEM Small.png
104KB, 400x813px
Some anons and tripfags in /omg/ awhile back were talking about astrology, the elements associated with each sign and how they seemed "off." So after some time thinking about it, this thing came to me. The Lesser Element Model. Maybe it will help some people here, if anyone's still hung up on that topic. Obviously, I'm a stranger on the internet and ymmv.

I was going to do a thing "showing my work" and applying it directly, but that got really long and it seems unnecessary to anyone who'd use it. Instead, I'll just let it speak for itself to whomsoever is interested.

All credit for the idea goes to Mercury and Uranus/Prometheus. Pour one out to them if you like it.

On an slightly related note, since I don't get to post here too often but the CCP is asleep today,
the library is great. Thanks for building and maintaining it Ape.
>>
>>18983561
>Moved all *book form* materials about the ancient preColombian cultures into here.
I went ahead and split off the relevant texts out of the "Shamanism" and "Academic", leaving the former with random cultures and the latter with like dry modern theoretical and historical texts.

That gives all the random shit a home and puts about 37 total books and articles into the Meso/Amerind folder.

I was thinking the same things around the time I was puzzling out the elemental attributions of the 16 Mothers and Fathers of Wytchblood but never got around to it.
>>
>>18983609
>I was thinking the same things around the time I was puzzling out the elemental attributions of the 16 Mothers and Fathers of Wytchblood but never got around to it.
>Meant for
>>18983598
Back to the coffeepot.
>>
What is your guys opinion regarding enlightenment through bliss as opposed to enlightenment through hardship? Do you think the two currents can cohexist and are more suited based on how you are as a person, or one is inherently better than the other? After being a practicioner of christian mysticism methods such as Gurdjeff's and never really see any worthwile improvement, i've recently been kickin it back with some tantric traditions, especially the jhanas and generally reaching a state of bliss and deep rejuvenation by focusing my mind, and i've never been happier and more positive about the future and my life. Still, sometimes i feel like you still need some hardships and maybe i'm deluding myself in thinking it can be this easy (despite bliss requiring considerable effort to achieve, especially in the beginner stage). What do you think?
>>
>>18983620
>as opposed to
>2017
>dualism
Zozzle.

>you still need some hardships
This is a complex subject. Reflect back on Molinos' Night of the Soul. Then consider the Muslim Night of Power.
>>
>>18983586
>>18983586
>>18983586
>>18983586
>>18983586
>>18983586
>>
>>18983646
You alright there buddy? Forget to take your meds this morning?
>>
File: 1481435172041.jpg (36KB, 371x372px) Image search: [Google]
1481435172041.jpg
36KB, 371x372px
>>18983652
I dunno what about spatial dimensionality is relevant to the thread at the moment.

Even if we can reframe our discussion around it, we're sitting with pic related.
>>
File: pendulum.jpg (99KB, 499x640px) Image search: [Google]
pendulum.jpg
99KB, 499x640px
Good morning /omg/, I see some of us are a bit grumpy, happy Lunes all.
>>
What are good resources about Tantra to start with? Preferably practical stuff and in the Lord's english.
>>
>>18983835
Kaulajnananirnaya Tantra
Kularnava Tantra
I've found no good intro for Vajrayana. Crawl wikipedia and rigpa wiki for a while.
>>
>>18983840
Also "Tantra Unveiled" if those two core texts are still too advanced (and they might be).
>>
File: demonblog5.jpg (93KB, 750x409px) Image search: [Google]
demonblog5.jpg
93KB, 750x409px
How did the idea of removing vowels when creating sigils come about?
Both Kos Kia Cultus and IOT sigils keep the vowels.
>>
>>18983840
Thank you based primate, can I find them in your MEGA archive?
>>
>>18983861
Yes.
>Eastern
Then Beginners for Tantra Unveiled, and Saivism>Abhinavagupta and Uttara Kaula Trika for Savist systems then my Vajrayana and Tibetan folders are fuckin' a mess because we had a generous donor drop a pile of books on us that I've yet to really clean and sort.

>>18983860
Internet memes.
Also Hebrew and maybe a splash of Enochian.
But mostly memes.
>>
Question for Ape : considering you and your archive are well known on this point in the occult-based interwebz, were you ever threatened or hit by lawyers that represent the various IP holders? Did the forces of evil ever tried to halt your God's work?
>>
File: Samael.jpg (56KB, 433x720px) Image search: [Google]
Samael.jpg
56KB, 433x720px
>>18983869
Hey Ape what do you think of Samael Aun Weor. I've read some of his book. He talk a lot about having sex but never ejaculated. He said the power is in the semen but to achieve enlightement you need sexual tantra. I just want to know your opinion about this.
>>
>>18983891
All ToS claims have been rejected.
I got a nice letter from the editor of Secret School of Wisdom asking me to remove my copy, which I complied with.
>>
>>18983840
Lamp of Mahamudra and something Wisdom something by tenzin wangyal rinpoche are a decent introductions to practice and theory, Becoming Vajtasattva is probably as entry level tantra as you're gonna get, stay away from the deep cuts until you finish Lamp of Mahamudra.
>>
>>18983895
That's more a Vajrayana/Chinese thing, but even then the Diamond Path calls for some controlled emission, and when it does it's in line with Saivist/Shatkist principles.
>>
>>18983900
I just brute forced my way through Tripitaka then started reading where my autism drew me, which thus far has been Chod and Vajrayogini.

Still jonesing to go as deep as Hevajra Tantra but I'm there's quite bluntly enough on my mystical plate and I'm wondering if it's even worth it when I can just go straight to the Kashmiri source(s). Going back for some (comparatively) "easy" Mahakala/Mahakali sadhana may be worthwhile tho.
>>
>>18983902
What if you can't into a gf? Is controlling the emission during fapping enough?
>>
>>18983918
If you follow the path, eventually a partner will come.
>>
>>18983921
exactly, those who seek are likely to find.
>>
I'm going to start out around the end of this month.
I've not seen many summon experiences posted (I dont lurk frequently.) and would be a fun read.
Also, do the ritual have to be placed in your home? My room is rather small, and the public basement which nobody visit feels more optimal.
>>
>>18984145
Nah use the basement.
>>
>>18983840
>I've found no good intro for Vajrayana
Alex Berzin's website has some stuff,
https://studybuddhism.com/web/x/nav/n.html_590453507.html
some of Bob Thurman's podcasts if you don't mind the tangents and editorializing.
>>
>>18983911
>Vajrayogini
Apologies if you saw this in the last thread and I'm repeating myself, but I suggest taking a quick look at the elizabeth english book if you haven't
>>
>>18984269
I'd get right to translations of the classics w. commentary asap tho
>>
>>18983573
You should read The Secret Destiny of America
>>
>>18983902
"dag pa shel ri gangs chu
klu bdud rdo rje’i zil pa
bdud rtsi sman gyi phab rgyun
chang ma ye shes mkha’‘gro
dam tshig gtsang mas btung na
ngan song myong dgos mi ‘dug

Pure glacial waters from Crystal Mountain
And dewdrops from a vajra-plant,
Brewed with the yeast of nectar
By the beery dakini of wisdom:
If you drink it with pure intent,
You’ll never experience the lower states. "

6th Dalai Lama
>>
>>18983869
>drop a pile of books on us that I've yet to really clean and sort.

There's probably a good bit of fat to cut there if you need space
>>
>>18983869
>Internet memes.
Also Hebrew and maybe a splash of Enochian.
But mostly memes.

Is it still a valid method, does it work?
>>
>>18984279
>the elizabeth english book if you haven't
Have.

>>18984286
^This.

>>18984294
Word.
>literally

>>18984300
Yes there is but today is not the day to do it.
>>
V

[12] One and all-mastering is the Inmost Self of every being;
He makes the one form manifold:
Wise men who see Him as subsistent in [their] selves,
Taste everlasting joy, -no others.

[13] Permanent among impermanents, conscious among the conscious,
The One among the many, Disposer of desires:
Wise men who see Him as subsistent in [their] selves,
Taste of everlasting peace, -no others.

[14] 'That is this ' so think [the wise]
Concerning that all-highest bliss which none can indicate.
How, then, should I discern lt?
Does It shine of itself or but reflect the brilliance?

[15] There the sun shines not, nor moon nor stars;
These lightnings shine not [there], -let alone this fire.
All things shine with the shining of this light,
This whole world reflects its radiance.
>>
Is it a good sign if you start feeling primary irrational fears when reading a ritual you don't even believe will work?
>>
If I were to hypothetically kill myself, which demon should I sacrifice myself to?
My only wish is that the world would get closer to peace and love after that.
>>
File: H0S.jpg (72KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
H0S.jpg
72KB, 500x668px
>>18985025

Bune, and don't forget to make a pact first.
>>
>>18985062
Interesting choice. I was thinking of Bael.
Then again, if these entities do exist, why not just believe in Christ?

Oh well, I guess I'll research more demons.
>>
How much time do you guys usually spend on your daily practice?
>>
>>18985170
About an hour to an hour and a half if I'm fuckbusy. Two and a half if I'm not.

Four or five if I have an important ritual obligation.
>>
>>18985194
What is your daily practice? I'm super new and so far all I'm doing is LBRP Lesser Ritual of the hexagram, and then middle pillar.
>>
>>18985231
Add some kind of daily godform/solar adorations then weekly/monthly longform rites and you're set.

Also, yoga. An hour a day, minimum, ideally.
>>
>>18985252
I don't know what either of those are yet, I haven't done much reading but I'll keep it in mind for when I come across it in my reading. Thanks
>>
>>18985327
I'd suggest Liber Resh vel Helios (x4daily sun adoration)
>>
>>18985327

Going the Thelema route, Liber Resh vel Helios performed at dawn + noon + dusk + midnight. My general routine involves 45 minutes of Qi Gong, 45 minutes of meditation, followed by the GRP (Invoking) and the GRH (Invoking) pre-dawn. Resh as appropriate throughout the day, and the GRP (Banishing) + the GRH (Banishing) before bed.
>>
>>18985518
What happens if one does not banish?
>>
>>18985724
>not banish
I'd advise to banish.

Do you like leaving your door unlocked and wide open when you leave your house? Post a big sign that says, "Make yourself at home, what's mine is yours"?
>>
File: Sesame_Street_the_Count.jpg (13KB, 305x350px) Image search: [Google]
Sesame_Street_the_Count.jpg
13KB, 305x350px
23Anon, I have no clue why your response was deleted.

Maybe someone doesn't like the numbers 2, 3, and 5?
>>
>>18986070
What does 5 have to do with it?
>>
>>18986070
PaloChan, ave! Hows your Blue Book?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Occult:_A_History

Is this an /omg/ approved read?
>>
Whats with the christian views towards demons??? As a luciferianist I see demons as friendly beings, and the last thing you want to do is piss them off with worthless attempts at banishing and etc
>>
>>18986147
Sorta.
First half is stellar.

Second half gets rickety; sensationalizes Rasputin. Condemns Crowley.
>>
>>18985252
>Also, yoga. An hour a day, minimum, ideally.
Yoga is a very broad term. Specifically, what do you do recommend? Mainly postures?
>>
>>18986202
Asana
Pranayama
Pratharya
Dharana
Dhyana
>>
>>18986155
>As a luciferianist
What kind?

It doesn't matter what you believe but what is.
>>
>>18983561
>new folder
making me moist with that mesoamerican addition, ape
>>
File: derpdervil.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
derpdervil.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>>18983561
was satanism created to troll christians?
>>
>>18983561

Any suggestions for studying kabbalah? Which books are of the most use in the library? I have next to no knowledge of kabbalah.
>>
>>18986359
Awakened Ground by David Chaim Smith.
Sefer Yetzirah by Kaplan.
>>
>>18986331
Yes.
>>
>>18986359

Might wanna give a swing at Chicken Qabalah to ease you in to it.
>>
File: Occult_The_Black_Mirror.jpg (4KB, 188x144px) Image search: [Google]
Occult_The_Black_Mirror.jpg
4KB, 188x144px
>>18986117
I haven't worked on it yet today.
I didn't realize what time it was and I was watching movies instead of working.
Don't feel bad - I have a huge presentation with 47 items I have to design and price before the 17th and I'm not working on it either.
>>18986099
Where there is a 2 and 3 a 5 will follow shortly after.

Tonight is a good night for divination and uncrossings.
Somebody smoke a cigar for me.
(Black and Milds don't count.)
>>
>>18986623
"Lover potions aren't something that most people should mess with, but they were designed for you."
>>
File: IMG_2834.gif (1MB, 275x252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2834.gif
1MB, 275x252px
Magic bump
>>
File: niDpZvB.jpg (391KB, 899x1349px) Image search: [Google]
niDpZvB.jpg
391KB, 899x1349px
Is there a ritual to know what spirits harbor in our own bodies?
>>
>>18986331
satanism per se, yes. What christians denoted as "satanism" i.e. any pagan or heretical religion (especially those that worshipped horned gods), no. For example, the Temple of Set is just a reactionary response to egyptian religion being called heretical.
>>
>>18988024

>satanism per se, yes.

Oh?

> i.e. any pagan or heretica

And now there you go, there you go again.

>no. For example, the Temple

And again?

> to egyptian religion being c

I can't believe this. You know nothing.
>>
What's the chance of this stuff actually working?
>>
>>18983598
>the elements associated with each sign and how they seemed "off.
Only due to ignorance.

>>18985803
Bull.

>>18988146
0.01%
>>
File: 20140605_233806.jpg (169KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20140605_233806.jpg
169KB, 1600x900px
I got woken up by a deep gruff voice today saying my full name twice.
I wasn't ready to get up, and I didn't know who it was, so in my dream I rolled over and said "Henre, shut up and go back to sleep."
I think that things can communicate with us in our dreams.
I would have a lot of trouble identifying the owner of this voice in real life.
But I would know it if I heard it again.
It sounded like the voice of the Enfield Poltergeist - no joke.
>>
>>18983561
>the asinine idea that Mesoamerica didn't have bronze.

Sure did. One of the more interesting examples of parallel development.

>>18986209

+ hatha. You are stuck having a body. Might as well make the most of it.
>>
File: UYq8g72.jpg (447KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UYq8g72.jpg
447KB, 1920x1080px
>>18983561
What are the magick-related benefits of simple meditation?
>>
>>18983561
Ohshit.
another
mother
fucking
update
>>
File: Egypt_Scribes.jpg (84KB, 760x401px) Image search: [Google]
Egypt_Scribes.jpg
84KB, 760x401px
I'm going to be updating the Big Blue Book for a minute now and later.

I skipped a day yesterday,
I'm in Cunningham's still in the A's and their related folk names.
If anyone has a new source to suggest that is available in PDF format, please send me the link.

Big Blue Book is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SuVwyU7FGihlDbFeOrjuGkM8gzzfOQ-aWC1sxv6kfrw/edit#gid=0
Anyone with the link has view and comment privileges.
There is a changelog in the Comments.
You can Comment a suggestion to me there.

Once this one is going good, I'll link and start working on the Big Green Book of Correspondences again.

>yfw it's my birthday today.
>yfw it's better to give then to receive.
>>
>>18989265
Happy Solar Return, Palo.
>>
>>18985069
Demonlore existed well before your god-man.
>>
>>18983598
>Some anons and tripfags in /omg/ awhile back were talking about astrology, the elements associated with each sign and how they seemed "off." So after some time thinking about it, this thing came to me. The Lesser Element Model. Maybe it will help some people here, if anyone's still hung up on that topic. Obviously, I'm a stranger on the internet and ymmv.
>I was going to do a thing "showing my work" and applying it directly, but that got really long and it seems unnecessary to anyone who'd use it. Instead, I'll just let it speak for itself to whomsoever is interested.
>All credit for the idea goes to Mercury and Uranus/Prometheus.

This is just a pattern a simple pattern, right?

Your cardinal signs get no modifiers, your fixed signs get modified by the element that is after them, and your mutable signs get the sign "behind" them in the cycle.

Like I see what you're doing but I wish you'd show your work around why you feel like these are meaningful attributions.
>>
>>18989265
There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why.

Barclay
>>
Hello, new witch here but are there any charms, rituals or sigils that could make someone a bit more good or nice? I need relief, and with no method to cut them off or to leave them; I'm at an impasse here
>>
>>18985518
Wait, when doing GRH do you key to different planets depending on the day, or how does that work... also, what is your end game in doing the greater rites daily?
>>
>>18988234
Are you implying banishing are *not* a good idea? If so, enjoy your demonic mind raping
>>
>>18988689
bumpadumpa
>>
>>18989845
Banishing is vastly overrated and completely misunderstood.
>>
>>18989886
care to give us your academic summary of how and why?
>>
>>18989886
I would argue that if one thinks the banishing rites are for banishing exclusively, they do not understand them.
>>
If I wanted to use this research to satisfy my curiosity and do some academic study on demons, where would I start?
>>
File: Black Magick.jpg (95KB, 1018x523px) Image search: [Google]
Black Magick.jpg
95KB, 1018x523px
>>
>>18989265
Thanks Palo, this is the best birthday gift you've ever given me and I'm just mad about you and think you're cool and smart
>>
>>18989912
see
>>18989922

There are two issues here:

1. A void cannot exist in nature. Stillness, sure. A void, no. Therefore banishing is little more than invocation.

2. By banishing when you feel bad, threatened, or w/e, you're effectively associating feeling bad with banishing, and therefore propagate these negative states in your life.

The feeling of 'lightness' and 'stability' is not caused by purification or 'cleansing', but due to the liminal states involved in ritual.

In fact, even with the most simple mental journey in self-hypnosis (which is a form of liminality), you'll find the exact same experience occur when you emerge into your normative daily state.
>>
>>18990040
I am both of those posters but thanks. I don't see anyone talking about voids. I was talking about banishing. If done properly it shouldn't propagate negative states. Also nobody was trying to say that invocation is *not* an important aspect of banishing. I get the sense you do not fully understand banishing, yourself.
>>
>>18990067
Oohh I get it... you subscribe to the psych model
>>
>>18990067
>I don't see anyone talking about voids.

What do you think pushes out the 'negatives' in your opinion, if not invoking positives?

>I was talking about banishing.

So was I.

>If done properly it shouldn't propagate negative states.

Basic neuropsych. Association.

You feel bad -> you do ritual and feel better.
Since associations work both ways, there's a very good chance ritual becomes a 'refuge' from distress, which is projected into daily life.

>Also nobody was trying to say that invocation is *not* an important aspect of banishing. I get the sense you do not fully understand banishing, yourself.

Banishing = invocation of the inverse of what you wish to banish.
It really is as simple as that.

>>18990074
Hardly. I subscribe to neuropsychology, which has as much to do with psychology as grapes to a piano.
>>
>>18990092
*sigh*
>>
File: Eliphas Levi Quote.png (88KB, 677x277px) Image search: [Google]
Eliphas Levi Quote.png
88KB, 677x277px
Hi Ape,

Fellow occultist here. With all the talk of daily/nightly routines in this thread I'd like you or someone else more advanced than myself to comment on the following quote.
>>
>>18990040
>2. By banishing when you feel bad, threatened, or w/e, you're effectively associating feeling bad with banishing, and therefore propagate these negative states in your life.

I was with you until "therefore" lol
>>
>>18990220
>Theory *and* Practice
That's what I think Levi is implying here. I'm not Ape though.
>>
>>18990220
To clarify the question a bit, a lot of my magical routines are self created visualizations/concentrations. When I get a tingle in my senses that something has or is attempting to intrude on my peace of mind I burn it down.

I know that's not very descriptive, I'm interested in comment on this as well, I've read differing opinions on the strength/quality of unique practices.
>>
>>18990236
So by 'routines' you basically just mean various meditations, right?
>>
>>18990229
That is what Levi's implying.
>Doctrine and Ritual.

>>18989940
Grimoires plus the Euro file.
Maybe some of the other stuff like Babylonian.
>>
>>18990327
Ape! Did you get your scripts back? I've actually been worrying about it quite a bit, so I can't imagine how you felt.
>>
>>18990092
>invoking the elements to banish the elemental forces
>invoking the planets to banish planetary forces
Inverse, you say?
>>
>>18990339
Yes, actually, I did.
Unmolested.
I still think she thumbed through it because she was DEFINITELY being weird with me while dropping them off.
>>
>>18990397
Glad to hear it. I don't doubt it, I get the feeling that is why she grabbed it in the first place. She doesn't seem like someone who could put it to any use to begin with, but maybe she'll think twice before snagging your shit next time?
>>
File: Adonai ha-Aretz.jpg (118KB, 533x720px) Image search: [Google]
Adonai ha-Aretz.jpg
118KB, 533x720px
Tossed into my mind, stirring the calm
You splash me with beauty and pull me down
'Cause you come from out of nowhere oh oh
My glance turns to a stare
Obsession rules me, I'm yours from the start
I know you see me, our eyes interlock
'Cause you come from out of nowhere oh oh
My glance turns to a stare
https://youtu.be/H5FSLgKD5J4

It's over today
The heat is gone
Time is gone
F for fake
I feel no wrong
Hide no wrong
I love this place
The lights....
Under this face
So dry....
Only way to change
Give yourself away
Don't be ashamed
Next in line; close one eye
Just walk by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_U6165DVeM
>>
>>18990308
Yes, meditations.

Ape, plz respond :)
>>
>>18990468
We both commented on the quote already.
>>
>>18990236
>When I get a tingle in my senses that something has or is attempting to intrude on my peace of mind I burn it down.
https://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib16

>>18990468
Only about half of my praxis is yoga, meditation, or contemplation. The other half is ritual (which itself is contemplative but that's another topic).

I tend to stick around traditional methods; Vajra, Kaula, A.'.A.'., grimoire replications, Iyyun, and lately Sabbatick Craft. Splashes of ancestral shit.
>>
File: milarepa.jpg (78KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
milarepa.jpg
78KB, 850x400px
>>18990488
>https://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib16
Also pic infinitely fucking related.
>>
>>18990220
Public vs. private gnosis.

If you go out and talk about occultism and all the seemingly obvious to you results you get, you'll be a laughing stock.

>>18990349
>mixing micro- and macro-cosmic attributions
>not knowing the Pentagram and Hexagram rituals
Get. Out.
>>
>>18990504
Except we already established what he was referring to... it must do something special for you to believe you are correct all the time.
>>
>>18989825
>what is your end game in doing the greater rites daily?

Good question.

>>18990040

Meh.
>>
>>18990521
Thanks, I am truly curious. I do the Lesser rites daily, more or less, but I'm curious as to what the anon is working toward in using the Greater Rites
>>
>>18989987
Why thank you, ego boosting Anon.
Have some Southern Ragwort I stole from the Battlefield today.

I was going down one of the closed service roads in the battlefield this afternoon when I heard some semi-auto pistol fire and shortly thereafter tons of rangers and an ambulance went by.

Only on a Tuesday, my birthday, and a full moon would someone get shot in the battlefield during one of my hikes while I'm "scavenging" plants from the Forest Service.

Thanks for thinking of me, Papa Z.
>>
>>18990504
This is an anonymous forum, I'm not terribly concerned about being judged here and I'm not claiming to be an authority on anything.

Anybody talking about these topics publicly will be a laughing stock regardless, so to be quite honest, we should all be sticking together rather than arguing/talking shit in here.
>>
>>18990625
>Anyone who talks about this publicly
You'd be surprised. On cspan? Probably. Among the occult community and in certain countries? I think you would be pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>18990496
Ape, is there a good doc on assault sorcery/ dark shamanism on YouTube or Netflix I can watch? All I really was able to find was a sort of hippie dippie guy interviewing Whitehead for a podcast or some such thing. Which was neat, but only eight minutes long and no video. Thanks.
>>
>>18990645
Maybe you're right.. Here in the good ol' US & A this kind of shit is not something you'd want ANYBODY knowing you entertain, let alone believe.

>>18990677

I'd be careful with that Sir, if you've had any success/results at all you should intuitively understand that using magic offensively will come with an appropriate amount of cosmic snapback.

Your call =P
>>
>>18990695
I too love in US. I still say it depends on where specifically even within this country...

Thanks...but the best defense is a good offense! It's primarily an academic interest though, I can't get enough o dem Warao
>>
>>18990677
>sort of hippie dippie guy
That's Jan Shitfuck Irvin.

There are no documentaries.
This is not a game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF_U-0Jh1eM
>>
>>18990711
>>18990677
Here, I'll give you a top secret treat.
Vid with 62 views.

This kid did fieldwork in Kanaima country.

Visited their most holy site, which is littered with human remains (dude in vid didn't even get close to 'em).

https://youtu.be/jrFQIxNxhfE
>>
>>18990711
I'm not looking for documentation of the actual tribes themselves so much as commentary by those who studied or spent time with them, and the impressions they received in the field
>>
>>18990726
Thanks for the vids
>>
>>18990727
Crawl my Amerind folder, all of my Amazonian stuff got moved there which includes "In Darkness and Secrecy: The Anthropology of Assault Sorcery and Witchcraft in Amazonia"

I still need to scan Dark Shamans: Kanaima and the Poetics of a Violent Death.
>>
File: I0V.jpg (37KB, 398x599px) Image search: [Google]
I0V.jpg
37KB, 398x599px
>>18989825

Zodiac rotations, currently. The reason is, refinement and preparation prior to starting Samekh.
>>
>>18983561
>>18985754
How much truth is in this statement?
>>
Real question:

If demons are real than must bible jesus and god be true right? Demons do bad things, why sell my soul? This life sucks yes.., but pray to god and jesus never feeld bad for me and its feeling like a shield. Jesus and the good ones help to get distance to demons.

How you can be sure you wont land in hell for use this "power" ???
>>
>>18991238
>if demons are real then the Bible and Jesus and God must be true, right?

Well, if Black Mahakala exists, that must mean Buddha and the Tripitaka and there being no soul must be true, right?

Now, what if I told you that both Black Mahakala and Demons exist...where does that leave us?

>>18991123
It looks like he's asking a question, so I imagine a lot of truth is in that statement.
>>
>>18991256

I dont know.. really. I heard 10000 theories and really dont know what i can believe but im feelin best in believe in jesus, maybe brainwash.
>>
>>18991256
Nigga I meant this guy
>>18985816
>>
>>18991263
https://youtu.be/v88dOpDa8yo
>>
>>18991282
Most offerings (particularly of flesh and blood) are ahistorical to the core Solomonic tradition which derives from certain Helleno-Christfaggy notions which entail purity (see Abramelin).

Tobacco may be a great offering if you're going syncretic with it.

Otherwise shit.
>>
>>18991301
So what you're saying is; that method is shit and going with the /sum/ pastebin is a better idea?
>>
>>18991307
>that method is shit
Yes.

>going with the /sum/ pastebin is a better idea
ymmv

>>18991321
>I readed a lot
Zozzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32bdevGClD4
>>
>>18983561
what's a good offering for big requests?
>>
>>18991358
Offering to whom?

>>18991356
I'm thirty mate.
>>
File: CltCT2cWQAAhaG7.jpg (134KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
CltCT2cWQAAhaG7.jpg
134KB, 750x750px
>>18991301
>Most offerings (particularly of flesh and blood) are ahistorical to the core Solomonic tradition which derives from certain Helleno-Christfaggy notions which entail purity (see Abramelin).
What about offering sex? It's mentioned in the pastebin.
What exactly does it entail?
>>
>>18991415
>It's mentioned in the pastebin.
Just because it's referenced doesn't mean it's historical. People often use it to great effect.

Generally speaking you wanna harness the mechanics and implications of orgasm to evokatory effect which means climaxing at the moment of entity arrival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvbctTRpD0A
>>
So, shitposting and quibbling aside, is there a way to make someone invisible to me, rather than visa versa? To, more or less, delete them from my mind or lessen their influence upon me.
>>
>>18991425
Theoretically yes but you can also just:
>stop caring
Which would probably be orders of magnitude easier in this context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER_6-Z8cH4k
>>
>>18983561
What is the best time to do the summoning? Does it differ on the demon?
>>
>>18991442
Come back AFTER you read the pastebin friend-o.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFf1TZ1Gww
>>
>>18991445
The Lemegeton doesn't say anything about certain times. The pastebin says I should do it at night since daytime can be distracting, but I live out in the country so I don't get distracting noises either way...
>>
>>18991450
Ok, so the Lemegeton DOES talk about what to make seals from.

Those metals are planetary by Agrippan standards.

There are planetary hours that cycle through the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
>>
>>18983561
I don't have incense or any place to get incense, can I go in without any or no?
>>
>>18991493
>93
Yeah probably but if you wanna splurge look through 777 or Agrippa and find an appropriate incense.

https://youtu.be/B7Ske2eKX2g
>>
>>18983561
Are there any good videos that show you how to make the circle and what not? I'm having trouble following the instructions from text alone.
>>
>>18991588
Make one with Godnames; paint it on a sheet or chalk it out.
>>
>>18991602
That's not what I asked for. I asked if there was a video guide on drawing the circle.
>>
File: C0P.jpg (91KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
C0P.jpg
91KB, 255x255px
>>18991614

In the time you've spent being aggressively lazy, you could have used Google or searched on Youtube.
>>
>>18983561
The book says I have to make the seal out of mercury, how the fuck do I get solid mercury?
>>
>>18991602
>45.02gb
I got 21% through a download of this before mega asked me to buy an account. can you put this in a torrent or google drive?
>>
>>18992212

Here's what you do, you download a little at a time and be grateful someone compiled all this shit in one place or buy an account. That's the same thing we all do/have done. Check your ego now, because you're in for a fuck of a rough awakening later on as an occultist if you're legitimately /that/ entitled.
>>
>>18992337
I found a workaround. There is a program called Mega Downloader 1.7.So much for ego right? you swear alot for someone who preaches from a high horse.
>>
So has anyone successfully actually invoked something or is this just a waste of time?
>>
>>18983620
Bliss does not imply eternal avoidance of suffering, my friend, and that's the simple reason why all true artists are "tortured"
>>
Can somebody explain this to me?
The Qliphothic tree is considered a bunch of shells from failed creation, it is however also considered the tree of knowledge from where Adam and Eve ate.

Would it not be a source of gnosis?
>>
>>18992927
>Qliphothic tree
No such thing.

>>18991651
1) Open Agrippa's Three Books and find a substitution.
2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mercury_minerals
>>
>>18992729
Well put. Not far from here is also the reason why some find their way to nondualism, I'd say. "Sorrow is Joy" springs to mind.
>>
>>18992212
>can you put this in a torrent or google drive?
No.
Drive is vulnerable to DMCA reports.
I can't constantly update a torrent.
>>
So how do you comfront the issue of outright lies or contradiction in occult/spiritual books?
>>
>>18993076
>>18991256
>Now, what if I told you that both Black Mahakala and Demons exist...where does that leave us?
>>
>>18993076
Empiricism and staying open minded, with your doubt close by.

>I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening
>>
>>18993093
>93
>>18993076
Open mined skepticism.
>>
File: E0C.jpg (65KB, 625x482px) Image search: [Google]
E0C.jpg
65KB, 625x482px
>>18993076

Two contradictory things being true doesn't make either one false. "Lies" and "truth" don't matter, as reality itself is *entirely* subjective. Even if to another person what you believe is lies, it doesn't stop it from being truth to you. This isn't Highlander, there can be more than one.
>>
All /omg/ regulars need to drop what they're doing and watch American Gods.
>>
>>18993134
But this joint is way more important
>>
File: michael jordan.jpg (55KB, 396x500px) Image search: [Google]
michael jordan.jpg
55KB, 396x500px
>>18993134
>American Gods.
fuck off, neil. you're just pulling names out of your ass.
oh, wait
>>
>>18993134
Hadn't heard of it until now, will give it a look see.
>>
Is there any material comparing the lineages of Vajrayana?
>>
>>18993218
Not explicitly but you can compare the texts I have from different schools between each other.
>>
>>18993109
this may or may not be true.

The following things are provable:
it is not possible for us to directly observe anything other than our own thoughts and scenes.
it is not possible to prove that any specific thing is real without directly observing it; you must assume you are not hallucinating.
your own existence, though only to yourself; i think therefore i am.

experience and observation of the universe are *entirely* subjective as you say.
whether or not there is an objective reality is fundamentally untestable.
and like all untestable things, is entirely irrelevant.
>>
I have a few dumb questions.
Is freemasonry a tool for zionism?
You guys mention america as an ancient evil land id like you to go more into detail.
>>
>>18993248
>Is freemasonry a tool for zionism?
No.
None of the meme quotes about WWIII or Jews from Pike, et al, are real. They were all manufactured as part of the Taxil hoax. You won't find them in Pike's letters or books. That's some Kent Hovind tier Prophecy Club bullshit.

>id like you to go more into detail.
Shitposters shitposting.
>>
What do you guys think of DMT?
Did it alot when i was a teenager, scared the shit out of me and blew my mind everytime.
>>
>>18993254
Now, his comments about the negroes, on the other hand...
>>
>>18990092
>2017
>not having control over though and emotion
>>
>>18993273
Read like, the last three threads for info
>>
>>18993281
>2017
>thinking you can control thought OR emotion

Grow up.
>>
>>18993281
>i totally can escape my human condition
>>
>>18991103
Neat. That's kind of what I assumed, but ya never know with people these days.
>>
>>18985252
>weekly/monthly long form rites
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>18993290
>what are Libri?
It's not like I can just switch my ring to my other finger or anything.
PS my last comment was very much on topic, not sure whose feelies I hurt
>>
>>18993391
>It's not like I can just switch my ring to my other finger or anything.
How is that 'control' in any sense other than you undertaking action based on a reactive evaluation of your situation?
>>
>>18993352
Any rite that takes over say 45 minutes to execute.
>>
>>18993395
*sigh*
It was a tounge in cheek example. Again, have you read none of the libri? Or failing that, there's a shitload of Eastern places that correspond.
>>
>>18993399
Thank you, kind sir!
>>
>>18993407
By this I generally mean Sadhana, yearly rites, Sabbatick Craft, Puja, some initiations, etc.
>>
>>18993406
Also the ring suggested in Jugorum has nothing to do with reacting based on prior evaluation of what one *wants* it is more or less the opposite of that. Bumblebee Tuna!
>your balls are showing
>>
So I see a lot of folks talking about casting digits and whatnot, and I know it's not considered ceremonial, but does anyone here still perform a rite to, at the very least, charge the thing? I ask because that's generally how I have gone about it, but there seems to be a certain contingent that mostly scribbles it out in a notebook and jerks off on it... I'm assuming the former is more effective, having never tried the latter... anyone care to comment?
>>
>>18993406
>Again, have you read none of the libri?

All of them, thank you.

>Or failing that, there's a shitload of Eastern places that correspond.

Doesn't mean they're in any extent valid in a practical, modern view of neuropsych.

>Also the ring suggested in Jugorum has nothing to do with reacting based on prior evaluation of what one *wants*

Completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. You're making the claim that free will exists. I refute it.

Wants are nothing less than emotional reactions to certain pre-calculated decisions.

Claiming that you have control over your thoughts and emotions is at least as fallacious as claiming that a tennis ball you've thrown can stop at any time, at its own whim.
>>
Why is everyone in this place so pants shitting fucktarded all of the sudden? Like, more than usual.

Did school let out or something?
>>
>>18993434
Sigils not digits. Sorry
>>
>>18993442
>All of the sudden
>the
Summer is setting in after all
>>
>>18993442
CAN'T STOP SEEING DHARMIC VESSEL
>>
File: K0L.jpg (63KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
K0L.jpg
63KB, 564x846px
>>18993442

Yep. We've got this to look forward to for the next several months.
>>
>>18993437
"Ok"
>>
>>18993434

There's other ways to do charge a sigil than autistically masturbating on it, like drooling memelords do. You could engrave it on something that generates kinetic energy, or elementally charge it (fire/water/etc). Really, the only limit is your imagination and/or competence.
>>
>>18993459
Also,
>easily trolled
>'hire the handicapped, they're fun to watch"
At least these are some impressions of mine, as a fairly frequent regular who happens to love this thread
>>
>>18993477
I was thinking of giving one a go... haven't done it in ages, for the same reason I rarely evoke... I have a hard time justifying it if it's something I should be able to do myself.
>>
Did any western system/religion ever have the concept of the Kundalini? Was there ever any western Tantra?
>>
>>18993535
>Did any western system/religion ever have the concept of the Kundalini
Depends.
Greeks had a concept of Nadi (the channels kundalini flows through).

>any western Tantra
Enochian actually comes sorta almost close.
Their seals are as information dense as a Mandala.
>>
Likely a very stupid question - how do I search the library from the mega link? For example; I'm looking for the Kybalion but not sure if it's even in the library.
>>
>>18993559
kybalion is hippy-dippy, new age trash. You can just google the PDF though.
>>
>>18983561
do you think there could be such a thing as magic cards? Not as in sleight of hand, card trick kind or tarot ,future reading kind - as in enchanted cards, magically charged for use in magical rituals and spells instead of wands and staves and stuff,is there any knowledge about anything like this?
>>
>>18993134
I get adverts for it everywhere I go. I'm not watching it just to spite them.
>>
>>18993578
But if you watch it Neil Gaiman will deposit five cents of that dank Scientology money into my account ;3

It's good tho, an occulty friend of mine was trying to unpack it for their nonesoteric friends. One asked "Is this what life is actually like for modern Pagans?" The reply was "Not usually but often enough." which I concur with.
>>
>>18985069
Dont'd kill yourselves you have lots tolive for!!!
>>
>>18986147
Colin Wilson is a slight bit hit and miss, with numerous personal faults, but I do believe it is a highly recommended book.
>>
>>18993564
Really? I'm trying to get a good beginners reading list for hermeticism - I've got the corpus hermeticum, The emerald Tablet and Kybalion on my list - so I should remove the Kybalion? Thanks for your help btw anyone who responds
>>
>>18993591
It was one of my first.
Like I said the first half is stellar on the nature of perception (Homer and color qualities of the sea), poetics, and telepathy.

He lets his nutsack get in the way of the personality overview later in the text but it's a GREAT place to springboard off of.

>>18993593
>The emerald Tablet
The Emerald Tablet is literally fourteen sentences long.

Tis true without error, certain & most true.
That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing
And as all things have been & arose from one by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the moon its mother, the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth is its nurse.
The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
It ascends from the earth to the heaven & again it descends to the earth & receives the force of things superior & inferior.
By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world
& thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing & penetrates every solid thing.
So was the world created.
From this are & do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world
That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished & ended.

^There, cross it off your reading list.
>>
File: emination tol.png (239KB, 490x489px) Image search: [Google]
emination tol.png
239KB, 490x489px
>>18992958
>>>18992927
>>Qliphothic tree
>No such thing.

What he means here is that the "qlippothic tree" is a framework that was basically the invention of hermetic qabbalah with a q, rather than any historical Kabbalist.

This is a really interesting article that explains that conception, AND the Lurianic conception of the Qlippoth (8th century Kabbalah)
>>
>>18993593
Yes I think I saw you in another thread. Kybalion is more ""New Thought" really, but I don't really bother to make a distinction much of the time. I would not bother.
>>
>>18983573
I think what your seeing, is evil spreading from a central source. And nobody, was in America. So who spread over the earth and fucked it retarded? Because it's point of no return, now. Nice, apocalyptic heat this summer.
>>
File: tumblr_om04enAe8x1qjcq58o1_540.jpg (102KB, 540x716px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om04enAe8x1qjcq58o1_540.jpg
102KB, 540x716px
>>18993598
Here's the link, sorry

https://theomagica.com/on-the-nature-of-the-qlippoth/
>>
File: 1481246605697.jpg (1MB, 902x902px) Image search: [Google]
1481246605697.jpg
1MB, 902x902px
>>18993598
>8th C.
>Lurianic
>Not late-Hekhalot
>mfw

>>18993601
dudewat
>>
>>18993559

It's in there, Beginners folder. If you want Hermeticism though, turn to Corpus Hermeticum. Kybalion's New Thought packaged to make dumb people think it's Hermeticism.

>>18993573

Yep. Same as most other magical tools, they're a prop, a focusing agent. You could straight up bind a banishing ritual to a kazoo if you're experienced enough to understand the ins and outs of what you're doing. Really, it's just refining and imprinting.
>>
>>18993442
Is it starting to get to you, after all this time, grinding you down. Maybe you should take a rest and come back after a bitrefreshed
>>
>>18993606
this is the second time I've done this this week, the first time when talking to an actual He-bro Kabbalist. I mean 1500s, muh bad.
>>
>>18993290
>Control your emotion
>Like a alien from the planet Vulcan
Are wizards Star Trek now????
>>
>>18993637
Nope, Star Trek was just wizards all along ;-)
>>
>>18993134
>>>/tv/82489708

>watch episode again
>painful Anansi BLM anachronistic speech
>Bilquis unbirthing montage
>several random dicks
>5 minutes of Shadow crying in a bathtub
>5 minutes of Shadow crying packing up his house
>terribly made up additional scenes

Highlights

>every scene actually from the book didn't suck
>even the little add ons (Czernobog's random race comment) seemed to flow rather than be stagnant
>Gillian Anderson crushes it as Media/Lucy Ricardo
>>
>>18993134
Why?

I'd rather stick to comic books and hustlin'.
>>
>>18993637
Honestly though, not being overcome by spontaneous emotion, or just not reacting at all, are pretty important. The last thing you want is to have an anxiety attack in the middle of evocation because you just remembered you left your wallet at the store. Better yet, that memory shouldn't even arise during evocation. But, more than just for practical purposes, it's significant on a grander scale
>>
File: 1466548205627.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1466548205627.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>18993641
>>
>>18993134
That book was my JAM. My homeboy is coming over tonight to watch the first two episodes I am effing STOKED.
>>
>>18993655
I'd say emotions during a ritual are important, panicking,screaming, yelling,etc, very important when negotiating with demons
>>
>>18993647
>bitching about Anansi
>>>/pol/
>>>/bant/
>>>/tv...oh, wait./

>Bilquis unbirthing montage
>implying you didn't fap so hard you bit yourself

>several random dicks
>2017
>being that uncomfortable with the human form.

>additional scenes
How would you stretch the novel out into a whole season?

>>>/notarguments/

>>Gillian Anderson crushes it as Media/Lucy Ricardo
Word.
>>
>>18993134
Did you read the book Ape?
>>
File: gillian anderson.jpg (42KB, 465x576px) Image search: [Google]
gillian anderson.jpg
42KB, 465x576px
>>18993664
>Gillian Anderson
<3 <3 bae
>>
>>18983561
Whatever happened to the old summon general, was there not enough interest to keep it going?
>>18991238
As long as you confess your sins and truly repent you can get into heaven but youd know that if you cracked your bible open or visited church once in awhile instead of asking a straight up trolling question.
>>
>>18993671
Its to build up the right energies during the rite to get it up and running and emotion manipulation afterwards to get what you want
>>
>>18993674
>As long as you confess your sins and truly repent
https://youtu.be/YgRZMn-UGg4?list=PL340C7DE7312B495E&t=488
>>
>>18993686
TL DW can you summuarize your point or just say right/wrong instead?
I aint got all day to watched BASED ALAN RICKMAN
>>
>>18993679
According to what grimoire?
>>
>>18993664
Its a trickster god caring about politics/BLM it does stick out a bit bud
there ONLY SAYING IT DOESNT FIT in with the period styling
>>
>>18993691
>Only through Love can we enter the gates of heaven, you understand? But pride is a sin and you are so full of pride. What is the greatest sin of pride? Chastity. Repentance is very pleasing to God but in order to repent, we first must sin. God has the answers. God has the key.
>>
>>18993700
>the period styling
It's set in modern day it's like...the entire point of the book
>>
>>18993700
>ONLY SAYING IT DOESNT FIT in with the period styling
>muh verisimilitude
>>>/tg/ while you're at it.
You can go bitch about potatoes in fantasy books with the rest of 'em.
>>
>>18993698
It was an online one, ddint record the web adressand it was at least ten years ago. One of those terribly designed websites you know, all dark/balck background and mismatching coloured writing making it impossible to read properly, all father satan and mother earth, new age, the devil is cool, god and jeusus suck sort of thing, what-not. like I saiddated
>>
>>18993715
And you, after everything you just said, consider that reliable? Sounds like JoS from your description
>>
>>18993713
Well you wonder why you were kicked off screaming from his?
Because you know nothing of history so you cant really comment on this shows historical accuracy can you?
>>
>>18993724
Aww that's cute
>>
File: thoth baboon.jpg (92KB, 890x729px) Image search: [Google]
thoth baboon.jpg
92KB, 890x729px
Thank you Baboon.
>>
>>18993720
no idea what JOS is sorry, like I said it was years ago, where do you get your info from then, seeing as you think mine is awful, you asked about grimores so something from the 17th century right?
>>
>>18993442
I've noticed an influx of stupid questions that basic reading comprehension could solve.
>>
>>18993735
The grim pores where the tradition originated is the best place to start. Then you can go from there....
>in order to break the rules you must first understand them

JoS is
Joy of Satan
>>>/trash/
>>
File: 1469810721419.png (306KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469810721419.png
306KB, 600x450px
>>18993736
How'd you filter that out from what normal goes around for intelligent conversation around in these x woods?
Pic not related
>>
>>18993737
Just because something is old it doesn't mean it is the best.
It could be based off misguided or distorted information.
>Joy of Satan
A LeVay website, so probably right to say worse than trash
>>
>>18993755
No, it's not a LaVey website. I agree old is not always best. We should neither fetishize the old nor the new. But if we're talking source texts for a certain grimoiric tradition.... well, it should be self explanatory
>>
>>18993134
tv
>>
>>18993806
Alrighty then
>>
>>18993665
I don't think he has, maybe a chapter or two, he mentioned not having read it all the way through in an earlier thread.
>>
I sort of took a 'break' from my ritual obligations, recently, and in hardly any time at all, became violently ill. Out of fucking nowhere. Coincidence?
>>
>>18993875
I was still a touch young when the first one dropped. By the time Anansi Boys rolled round I picked it up, but only got around to thumbing through the original novel in the last few years and never completely.

As you can imagine my backlog of fiction books is rather huge.
>>
>>18993889
I can imagine, my own book pile contains many half read or a chapter read or not even opened.
Your work/uni schedule must be packed to breaking point.
>>
>>18983561
What exactly is banishing? Do I sprinkle holy water or smoke incense is that Banishing or is it visual/thought thing?
>>
>>18993927
I wouldn't recommend smoking incense. There are various ways to do it. Western standard is generally the Rites of the Pentagram and Hexagram. I *think* holy water can work, not sure how to implement it though. You could use it in a watchtower type rite, I suppose
>>
>>18993888
Possibly. Try your rituals again and stop again, see if there is a pattern and proceed from there.
>>
>>18993937
>the Rites of the Pentagram and Hexagram
What book are they from? Legemton?
>>
>>18993954
Not sure where they originated, can be found in Lemegeton though. Just go to the thelemapedia or hermetic.com and search lbrp and lbrh
>>
>>18993972
Wat?
>>
>>18993977
I was saying thank you - the pic is like you, superhero level useful only in a mundane helping peopleout with info level -sorry it was unclear
>>
>>18993986
Thanks, I think? Glad to help, either way. Those two sites are great for rundowns on various rites
>>
>>18993990
British Humour sorry its a bit weird
Thanks for the info
>>
>>18983561
Just seen this >>>/his/2747491
cant believe it when Ape mentioned it last thread I just thought he was playing it up but no its real.
God His is cancer-they don't deserve //omg// thread there
>>
>>18993889
Loved Anansi Boys, but American God beats the daylights out of it. Did you try Sandman? Or Lucifer (not Neil Gaiman but takes place in a universe adjacent to his Sandman and is SO. good).
>>
>>18993888
drink some peppermint tea and get back to it ;) If you think there's a correlation between bad things happening and you stopping your work, you obviously feel guilty. Take that as an indication that you feel like you shouldn't have stopped, and start again.
>>
How does a man with such a big and needy ego that he needs to namefag on 4chan, have such a brilliant library full of esoteric knowledge?
It's like that "nawwleedge!"-millionaire douche on youtube that has humongous library but never read a book.
>>
>>18988146
no chance.
>>
>>18993540
>Greeks had a concept of Nadi (the channels kundalini flows through).
Really? Source?
>>
File: C0R.jpg (72KB, 620x264px) Image search: [Google]
C0R.jpg
72KB, 620x264px
>>18993954

In the library:

A.'. A.'. -> Libri -> Class A -> Liber 6
>>
What's the best way to develop clairvoyance?
>>
File: Shit_Palo_Says_8.jpg (14KB, 236x187px) Image search: [Google]
Shit_Palo_Says_8.jpg
14KB, 236x187px
>>18990726
Tried to reply this last night.
Video needs:
>More 3rd world moto-bike treking
>More 3rd world village dogs
>More awesome cave
>less douchbag hat
>less douchbag sunglasses
>less shitty Chinese selfie-stick.
>more context
>more children of Jaguar
>less guy trying to film himself to prove he was there

>>18992729
IT doesn't stop.
>thanks for the similar feels, Vincent
>love ya, mean it.

>>18991651
Old school thermometer
Careful as fuck.
Hell, you can build a fast breeder nuclear reactor in your backyard with smoke detectors and a little elbow grease.
Ever hear of the Nuclear Boyscout?
If we had been SMART we would have picked this kid up and given him a free ride to college for physics.
Boy freaking genius.
Maybe we would have liquid fluoride thorium reactors on line by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0TlECFbjvM
>>
>>18994126
What makes you assume I've never read a book (or don't practice)?
>>
>>18995099
Oh hell, just stop.
You're wasting your bumps.
It's like beating the same dead horse over and over and over as you slowly slide on off into no man's land.

Don't mistake silence for defeat or acquiescence.
>>
>>18995099
See
>>18995175

Palo speaks the true-true. Don't waste precious time on trolls, negativity, and trying to prove your knowledge. We all know you're a competent wizard.

Posts should be spent on legitimate discussions.
>>
>>18995175
>but if I get him to reply, he bumps the thread on my behalf without realizing it
Is that not the truest magick :3?

>>18994971
I agree douche-bro needs to ditch the "yo bruh" hat, but I imagine he was doing the totality of his fieldwork off of that iphone and was given his grant(s) specifically to explore that cave and his vid is likely the most convenient possible form of proof outside of dragging down all the technical equipment upriver with you like it's still 1985.

I was actually directed to contact that guy if I wanted to study Kanaima as a career.
>>
>>18995223
>doing the totality of his fieldwork off of that iphone and was given his grant(s) specifically to explore that cave and his vid is likely the most convenient possible form of proof outside of dragging down all the technical equipment upriver with you like it's still 1985.

So.... take videos of the freaking cave.
All he did was film maybe 2 minutes of the cave with tons of shots of him.

It doesn't look like he's studying the cave.
It looks like he's studying himself.
Show me more than five brief seconds (exaggerated) of him doing actual work, and I'd say it's worth you time to call him.
Otherwise, to me at least, he's a freaking joke.

It's one thing to enjoy your work.
It's another thing to turn it into a pariah - a joke, a farce, a charicature of itself.

There are 0 things of real value in his video.
And, I can't hear a damn thing he's saying because he keeps banging me in the fucking head with the remote of his selfie stick, and it's louder than anyone that's talking.

I would suggest you get an in with the people and go live with them if you want to study their culture and religious beliefs.
>>
>>18995279
>I would suggest you get an in with the people and go live with them if you want to study their culture and religious beliefs.
But that's exactly how he got his PhD, by living with and studying the culture.

I cannot control what the young man uploads and doesn't upload. If not for this vid, the vast majority of the planet would never physically see the wellspring of Kanaima identity.

But I'm sure you know the inner life of the late Dr. Whitehead's former advisees.
>>
>>18995305
Mmmmm-mmmm passive aggression because someone had a harsh critique?

If you want to buddy up with Anthrodouche that's your choice, but I would be severely fucking disappointed in you if this was the level of quality you think would be acceptable.

This is NOT a good video to have as the first representation the "vast majority" of the planet sees and you KNOW it.
>>
>>18995326
>Mmmmm-mmmm passive aggression because someone had a harsh critique?
I just find it a bit troubling when a fellow occultnik dismisses a cancer survivor and established academic outright because he dresses like a normie and didn't go full-on Carl Sagan narrative about field vids.

>This is NOT a good video to have as the first representation
Would you prefer:
*History channel logo*
*Dramatic metal music*
*overwrought narration*
>"The jungle hosts many forms of life, but also, many forms of DEATH*
*dramatic cutaway*
*non-local tribal singing*
>"DEEP IN THE CAVES OF GUYANA, SOMETHING....SINISTER LURKS*
*dramatic cutaway to historical mass graves, before going back to cave entrance.*
>"It's one thing to lose your life, it's another to LOSE YOUR SOUL*
*fade out to geico commercial*
>>
>>18995340
*casey neistat selfie stick of some cave bones sans bones*
>>
>>18995346
Last time someone screwed with the bones there, perhaps the most important ethnographer of violence for the last fifty plus years came down with all three kinds of "hepatitis" and went into protracted kidney failure. Went from a brick shit house to a ghoul in weeks.

I'm impressed the kid found someone to actually give him a walkthrough given local reputation, let alone after it killed his mentor.
>>
I'm halfway through the first episode of American gods and that fucking opening scene with the Vikings was amazingggg
>>
>>18995360
>the last time a white guy spent time in the jungle he died
It's like you know nothing of white people. Never get pets.
>>
>>18995357
>and claiming special justification/purpose
To be blunt, I didn't think someone's fieldwork NEEDED justification, and I'd explain why but apparently that'd just be more special pleading.
>>
>>18995365
>It's like you know nothing of white people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSejVOGXg0
me irl
Maybe without the bolo tie.

>also, he was poisoned. nobody wants to say it but his ethnographic peers *know*
>>
>>18995370
I dunno if they deleted the post or if the jani's wanking again (we must have gotten someone new) but I should also toss out that I find it infinitely amusing I'm defending myself from a deleted lecture on propriety by The Fucking Cats who used to spam bomb these threads with literal garbage.
>>
>>18995360
The point is, you need to raise your standards.
If you want to be a serious anthropologist, this is not acceptable to defend as decent fieldwork.

I don't run around taking selfies of myself at work and expect everyone to just understand that it's serious artistic business with some geopolitics and international trade and logistics sprinkled about.

THIS is good fieldwork - NOT filmed with a tripod or fancy equipment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhM9tf4-COU

>>18995379
I'd poison his ass too if he fucked with my shit.
Remember how you felt when that bitch took your notebook and wouldn't give it back?
>>
>>18995394
>If you want to be a serious anthropologist, this is not acceptable to defend as decent fieldwork.
>>18995305
>I cannot control what the young man uploads and doesn't upload
Look I don't deny the kid looks like an amateur douche (because on the first bit, we all gotta start somehow), but I do deny that being a green normie is reason to dismiss the man outright, because if it came down to fashion and native extemporaneous oration skills I bet half the beautiful autists ITT would fail my/your/our quality standards.

>I'd poison his ass too if he fucked with my shit.
I ain't defending it I'm explaining why maybe the kid didn't get anywhere near the bones and I'd bet cash money one of his guides is a Kanaima agent.
>>
I have a question that's probably not very safe to ask.

The Goetia naturally hold contempt towards the true God, correct? Would it be worth it to try to use them, and gods of other religions, to destroy the heavenly order?
>>
>>18995779
Why would you ask that?
>>
>>18995779
american gods is just a tv show/book, anon.
>>
>>18995779
I know this will probably meet with terrible resistance but I feel like I should say it because maybe you'll hear it.

First you use the term "Goetia" as if you understand what that is, I'm not saying that you do not, I am suggesting you may want to consider what you actually know.

Second you use the words "naturally" and "contempt" I'm not sure these words apply to the situation as much as you seem to think they do.

Next you use the term "true God" and again I am not saying you are incorrect or don't know what that means, but I would encourage you to examine what you actually know.

Next you ask if something would be "worth" it. I think thats an entirely subjective way of looking at the situation, it makes it difficult to answer.

lastly you refference "other religions" and trying to destroy something called "the heavenly order:" and in this case Im fairly certain that you don't have a frame of reference for these concepts.

I know that this post is vague and slippery to the point of being irritating, but the problem with your question is that there are a number of presuppositions and misunderstandings about the subject matter that make it difficult to answer, the question is somewhat malformed. I think you'd be better served studying the things you're talking about and examining the nature of the question.
>>
Can we talk about the intensely rich visual language in American Gods? Like for example the fact that shadow's right eye is cast in shadow the entire time he's talking to Wednesday on the plane in that first scene, and even before?

Y'all I just fucking love the way Neil gaiman weaves stories acrosss mediums I gotta say and that dang wife of his ssss
>>
>>18996233
>dang wife of his

>wont shave pits
>will shave, and then re-tattoo eyebrows on

yeah, nah.
>>
Bump so this thread doesn't get fucked
>>
>>18992958
Ape if there's no such thing as the Qlipthotic tree then where do the demons associated with each Sephira reside?
>>
>>18996809

He's only making me confused, since I get mixed feedback from elsewhere.
>>
>>18996816
I've noticed he tends to rely on David Chiam Smiths conception of the Klipoth which is heavily influenced by a Buddhist understanding of dynamic nature. The Klipoth are the habits that bind us and keep away the gnosis. They are also the power that certain beings feed on to exist. The sort of left hand path hermetic understanding of the klipot of the shells goes too fair when edgelords try to turn it into a ladder for their infernal ascent. The truth is the sephirot do cast shadows (at least under the abyss, in my experience) but those shadows aren't like essential metaphysical "places" like the Sephiot, just a roiling hurricane of divinity being subsumed by form
>>
>>18996830

There are as many opinions as there are butts, I tend to view the whole as the tree of knowledge, not as a staircase from where to ascend in hell, but as the tree where Adam and Eve had their fruit tasting experiences.
>>
Someone else wanna make the thread?
I have one last shift this morning.
>>
>>18996996
New thread
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.