[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/omg/ Occultism & Magic General: [Ersatz Intensifies] Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 31

File: O0Y.png (419KB, 529x393px) Image search: [Google]
O0Y.png
419KB, 529x393px
Previous Thread: >>18462849
/his/ Thread: >>>/his/2145579

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
/sum/ pastebin: http://pastebin.com/v6qsewmw
>>
have a bump my man

>plan out a robust regimen of rituals and meditations for the holidays
>asshole roommate and his gf changed plans and aren't going away as i planned

brehs...
>>
File: aaa.jpg (140KB, 540x403px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
140KB, 540x403px
Are any of you planning rituals or celebrations for new years eve? I'd love to do something esoteric but have no knowledge about it.
>>
Can someone here help become immortal?
>>
>>18473477
You already are immortal. Although perhaps not exactly in the way you mean.

Nice magickal dubs btw.
>>
>>18473477
Leave the city.

Never seen a city inmortal.
>>
File: shiva.jpg (89KB, 447x620px) Image search: [Google]
shiva.jpg
89KB, 447x620px
>>18470615
>>18470640
>>18470678
>>
>>18473951
I should actually prep for Shivaratri this year.
>>
Would you guys recommend me some youtube channels with esoteric and magic content? Maybe some lessons, some group discussion about relevant topics.
>>
This thread isn't off to a good start, so I'm going to make it even worse with data mining.

What views does /omg/ hold on Prana/Manna/Chi/Élan? do you believe it should be cultivated in other to practice or is it a unlimited energy source?
>>
>>18473972

Like... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fmJ1WaE6ao

Look what a totally nice class this was.
>>
File: Mutuarchetype.png (559KB, 487x522px) Image search: [Google]
Mutuarchetype.png
559KB, 487x522px
>>18473993
>Prana/Manna/Chi/Élan

Those nouns technically refer to different concepts. You can ask about those traditions separately; but each noun is a renewable resource in the metaphysical sense, so it can be harnessed or exploited.
>>
>>18473968

Maybe yours, certainly not mine.
>>
File: D0U.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
D0U.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
Found a lightning struck hawthorn while I was out letting the dog use the bathroom and get some exercise earlier. Luckily, it seemed to be fairly well intact. I believe I may head back tomorrow to harvest some; got a powerful itch to make a ring from it
>>
>>18473266
Reading Gurdjieff has made me feel my life is completely worthless, anyone have any advice or recommended reading? even vitriol against Gurdjieff and his ideas would be nice
>>
So, it's common knowledge that semen, blood, and menstrual fluids have magickal properties.

Well, I'm a trans girl. I was wondering what kind of magickal properties my ejaculate might have? It's not cloudy and viscous like a man's cum, it's clear and watery.
>>
File: Aye.png (16KB, 160x113px) Image search: [Google]
Aye.png
16KB, 160x113px
>>18474592
Nice find!

Once upon a time, I dug a chunk of osmiridium fused into serpentite from beneath the trunk of a lightning struck oak.

>>18474597
You should read something more secular in light of what Gurdjieff studied; so you can keep his work in perspective. Just pick your favorite topic out of his writing, and then do more serious research, for the sake of contrast.
>>
>>18474782
>what kind of magickal properties my ejaculate might have?
Probably none, honestly.

Semen and menstruations (and by association, the colors of white and red) are magical because they symbolize sexual potency. Your cum is clear, that's about as un-magical as it gets.
>>
>>18474782
Humans of intermediate, or transformative, gender tend to have more complex endocrine systems. Compared to other people, your brain gains more by keeping your emissions inside your body.
>>
>>18474822
>>18474782

I tend to disagree.
I think it depends on what tradition or practices you follow.
Part of the magic for some systems is the symbolism of color, fertility, etc. etc.

For others though the power is in the fact that it's a personal effect, with sympathetic magic towards sexuality and lust. Your 'fluids' are still a part of your sexual drive and have sympathetic ties to you regardless of your sexuality or gender identity.

I wouldn't try to use them in all ways like semen or menstrual blood would be used because it wouldn't be appropriate, but it could still be used in certain workings.
>>
>>18473951
Good music my friend
>>
>>18474794
>You should read something more secular in light of what Gurdjieff studied; so you can keep his work in perspective. Just pick your favorite topic out of his writing, and then do more serious research, for the sake of contrast.
Why read something secular when I don't have freewill?
>>
>>18473951
nice.

I like this dhun a lot: https://youtu.be/0_Ty7ot9sqA
>>
So I am in the saivism folder in the mega, what book should I read first to understand what is saivism and the meaning of Lord Siva (which seems to be very complex)?
>>
>>18474592
Hawthorn is one of the favorite fay dwellings.
Harvesting it might be unwise.
>>
>songs worshiping Parameshvara on the day of his birth are gone
What in the literal fuck? One of you kids jerkin' off on the report button to random posts to troll or are you literally so new you don't realize:
>We've been discussing Saivism for five years
>Music and mantra are integral to this
>Tantra is an occult set of practices, hidden from lay aspirants
>>
>>18474970
>>>Gurdjieff has made me feel my life is completely worthless
>>You should read something more secular in light of what Gurdjieff studied; so you can keep his work in perspective.
>Why read something secular when I don't have freewill?

Words fail to describe how fucking wrong this is.

>I don't have freewill

Who the fuck told you this?

Why the fuck did you buy this idea?

>Why read something secular?

The mind be boggled.

I'm strongly biased against religion because it has a certain tendency to remove or curtail freewill in their followers, which in turn attempt to perform the same operation in other people.

But someone claiming to have been convinced of having no free will first, and THEN feeling secular stuff is of no value, now that's something new.

Stop reading that bullshit until you have the means to properly digest it or at least some sort of counterweight.

Recommendations:

"Gödel, Escher, Bach" does a very good job of delving into the feeling of wonder and awe towards the world we all need, WITHOUT positing any bullshit personal ultimate entity.

Peter Carroll's "fuck you and the horse you came riding on" attitude in PsyberMagick can be a good antidote for brainwashing bullshit if you're still strong enough to choose, particularly in the following sections:

Politics IV (p. 40)
Heresy III (p. 50)
Heresy XI (p. 66)

If this is not to your tastes, just burn that damn freaking book; or if you want something good to come out of it buy a pet hamster and let the little thing rip it to shreds for bedding.
>>
>>18475578
To be fair spamming the mantra shit is annoying and non productive to the thread.
>>
>>18473474
Going to a rave and taking a Little Something Delicious, might draw a few alchemical symbols on my body beforehand
>>
File: dcs alchemy1.jpg (161KB, 606x960px) Image search: [Google]
dcs alchemy1.jpg
161KB, 606x960px
>>18475799
>let's talk about Eastern occult systems but only if we don't talk about mantras, a central practice and often buried under layers of oral instruction and obscure tantras which honestly need public airing so that the traditions don't literally die, to preserve the dignity of some mysterious anon's fragile little feels
>>
>>18475812
Don't strawman me senpai, you absolutely know that wasn't what I was implying.
>>
>>18475814
>>18475799
>spamming the mantra shit is annoying and non productive to the thread

>>18475812
>a central practice and often buried under layers of oral instruction and obscure tantras which honestly need public airing so that the traditions don't literally die

So I take it you're the dude jerkin' off on the report button?
>>
>>18475819
>Ape continues to drive out the last of the anon posters with his autistic whining
>>
>>18475434
Anyone?
>>
>>18475847
>tfw this is the guy that thinks he'll spark a renaissance in occultic discussion on reddit
>>
>>18475849
Kali Kaula.
Tantra Unveiled.
Kapalikas and Kalamukhas.
Tantric Skull Magic.
Kiss of the Yogini.
Kularnava Tantra
Kaulajnananirnaya
Spandakarikas
Anandalahare
Matrikabheda Tantra
Paratrisikavivirana
Tantrasara
Tantraloka
>>
>>18475855
damn

thanks man
>>
File: Mircea.eliade.jpg (12KB, 248x321px) Image search: [Google]
Mircea.eliade.jpg
12KB, 248x321px
>>18473089
Left-wing ideology is so pervasive in modern occultism for the exact same reasons as real life; modern occultists flitter around wildly between different systems never standing still long enough to have a firm grasp on a singular topic. To make up for this lack of theology they incorporate components from everything they stumble across creating a incomprehensible frankenstein that's as wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle.
>>
>>18475854
Can you stop, please.

>>18475882
/x/ and /omg/ is for talking about magick and occultism, not for talking about politics. Can you stop too, please.
>>
>>18475895
/x/ and /omg/ is for talking about performance art, politics is the ultimate expression of performance art.
>>
>>18475882
Ideology is little more than the slow heat-death of Gnosis.

This goes both ways. For all his bluster and fury, Eliade never did any field work or contacted any indigenous groups that practiced Shamanism, and that his work was synthesized from various sources without being supported by direct field research, which sounds suspiciously like the eclecticism he's criticizing.
>>
>>18475899
>/omg/ is for talking about performance art
That wasn't really my intent in creating these threads.
>>
>>18475904
>Eliade never did any field work
What? he spent nearly a decade studying in India interacting with Gurus, travelled to Egypt, Ceylon, Bhutan and Nepal visiting various religious communities.
>>
>>18475882

Bullshit.

I don't know about modern occultism, but left-wing ideology isn't pervasive in real life.

And it has nothing to do with depth versus breadth and everything to do with telling totalitarian fucktards like you to

GO FUCK YOURSELF TO A PICTURE OF MUSSOLINI

Also, equating "left wing" with "not knowing enough about any subject" is so stupidly patronizing it's almost cute.

Almost.

>lack of theology

I'll let you know I'm actually quite fond of theology, it's just that my end to that means is different from that of priests.

>>18475899

High caliber bullshit, unless you consider conning an axiologically neutral performance art; in which case it's safe to assume you're out to screw everyone else and nobody should listen to you.
>>
>>18475927
Him flittering around wildly while studying language and the basics of Vedic language don't qualify as ethnographic fieldwork.
>>
>>18475933
>but left-wing ideology isn't pervasive in real life.
Left-wing ideology has decimated right-wing ideology, we now consider liberal ideology to be a inalienable human rights.

>Mussolini
>Eliade
What?
>>
>>18475934
>studying language and the basics of Vedic language in a highly Westernized university.

Face it, the man takes concepts he picked up from his intrinsic outlook coupled with Indic concepts to make MASSIVE generalizations about peoples, practices, and religions he knew fuckall about.

This is my main objection to the universalisms of religion as academic philosophy.
>>
File: JamesGeorgeFrazer.jpg (15KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
JamesGeorgeFrazer.jpg
15KB, 240x300px
>>18475934
>Eliade never did any field work or contacted any indigenous groups that practiced Shamanism
>that doesn't qualify
I've heard this argument before.
>>
>>18475945
Contemporary liberalism isn't coupled with the left-wing you blithering idiot, save for some basic tenets; it's coupled with the right-wing into "freedom for me and my cronies and fuckall for everybody else"

It's like you don't even live on this planet.
>>
>>18475965
This is what happens when you remove Classics from school curriculums.
>>
>>18475961
Yuh.
And these days nobody uses Golden Bough as more than example of what not to do or how far we've come.

None of us are above criticism. You, me, or the dudes who wrote books until they died.
>>
>>18475974
>And these days nobody uses Golden Bough as more than example of what not to do or how far we've come.
This isn't strictly true, his concepts of magic are still studied and widely applied although considered relatively simplistic.
>>
>>18475986
While the concepts stick around, I've never seen them sourced back to Frazer in a classroom setting, but rather later commentators drawing examples from fieldwork. In any case the classification(s) may be entirely arbitrary.
>>
>>18475965
>>18475933
>>18475882

Parapsychology does not have any political bent by default, the only bias is towards pragmatism: because of the inherent difficulty in reconstructing science from another language, or in the wake of an occlusion.

>>18474970
>Why read something secular when I don't have freewill?

Because I said so.

Practice those dance moves Gurdjieff invented, and eat some meat with herbs and garlic.

If I were you, I would read about the ethnography of Central and South Asia.

If you cannot stand anything secular, read The Turkish Jester as translated by George Borrow:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16244/16244-h/16244-h.htm
You sound apathetic, rather than subservient.

>>18475622
>Stop reading that bullshit until you have the means to properly digest it or at least some sort of counterweight.

He needs a source of epistemological reference to feel less overwhelmed.
>>
I have a request. It really is not suited for the request boards, because of the subject. This thread seems to be the proper place to ask for it.

I am looking for artistic depictions of demonic possession as perceived in the astral level. I mean, with the demon attached to the back of the neck of the possessed person.

Do you guys know of any images about this?
>>
>>18475971
Yeah, because I haven't spent the most recent years of my life stufying and being examined on Parmenides of Elea, Tales of Mileto, Anaxagoras of Clazomene, Anaximenes of can't remember, Democritus of Abdera, Heraclitus of Efeso, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Zenon, Euclides, Saint Thomas of Aquino, Saint Augustin of Hipona, Ibn Gabirol, Ibn Sina, Copernicus, Galileo, Bacon, Boyle, Spinoza, Berkeley, Leibniz, Kant, Kierkegaard, Descartes, Hume, Locke, Vico, Hegel, Heidegger, Nietzsche, Marx, Stuart-Mill, Hayek, Keynes, Friedman, Wittgenstein, Popper, Kuhn, Lakatos, Feyerabend, or a host of other authors that don't come to mind as easily.

That painting is The Academy and the guy in your pic I think was Plato.

Our curriculum has horrible holes in Rome, the Renaissance and contemporary philosophy, that's true.

Oh, by the way, Plato sucks donkey balls; Hegel is overrated and Heidegger should be erased from history.

Kierkegaard was a dirty christian but incredibly smart, something that redeems him; and Feyerabend's thought is pretty much convergent with chaote thought.

Democritus and Aristotle more or less knew what they were doing, and german philosophy started degenerating into psychosis the moment they abandoned the Latin language, save exceptions (maybe Goethe, Schiller, Schelling, and a couple C-list thinkers)

t. philosopher in training
>>
>>18476170
>t. high school diploma in philosophy
>>
>>18476170
>Aristotle more or less knew what he was doing
That's a generous reading.

Also you forgot Bataille, Levinas, and Merleau-Ponty.
>>
>>18476178
Friend, these threads have the highest rate of professional degree holders on /x/.
>The xphile
Math, philosophy.
>Aghori
Psych.
>Z
Psych.
>Satyr
Engineering.
>Benedict
I forgot what he went to school for but he went.
>Me
Archaeo, MPA (4.0 no less).
>>
>>18476191
Nigga I don't have a degree in shit.

I just professionally persuade people out of problems.

>tfw talking people out of issues
>>
File: abhidhamma.png (157KB, 1084x767px) Image search: [Google]
abhidhamma.png
157KB, 1084x767px
http://abhidhamma-studies.weebly.com/uploads/2/7/7/2/27729113/cma_companion.pdf
>>
>>18476195
You're an accredited professional, are you not?

>>18476199
Oooh, thanks, I haven't been able to find a copy of that tho.
>>
>>18476209
>accredited
No.

I'm essentially self-taught aside from a few meaningless certificates. NGH stands for nothing.
>>
>>18476191
These threads have the highest rate of people who claim to have professional degrees and then proceed to embarrass themselves by revealing freshers level knowledge.

The Freud discussion made this particularly obvious.
>>
>>18476178
Such a thing doesn't even exist here, in any case, my Bachelor's is in art.

So, which were the classics you were thinking of that are not in that list?

>>18476182
It's not that I forgot about them, is that they haven't ever been mentioned once in the two universities I've attended to.

So moar liek the teachers forgot about them.

>>18476191
>professional degree holders

Which I'm not one of, I haven't finished my major yet.
>>
File: O0V.jpg (59KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
O0V.jpg
59KB, 500x498px
>>18476232

Something to remember, is, a degree is not a sign someone intimately understands every nuance of their area of study. Most "higher learning" institutions are focused on making money and passing people through the system, not providing knowledge in a manner that's conducive towards long term retention. A piece of paper doesn't mean you've permanently absorbed the information you were supposed to process. Humans tend to outright forget or muddle things if they don't often think about it.

>>18475455

It was fine, no tingling on the old Spidey sense. Left some homemade blackberry mead just in case, though.

>>18474794

Nabbed enough to make a ring, and, a box to store my tarot deck in. Sketching designs before I start shaping this evening; I'll probably hold off on laying down enchantments until the full wolf moon.
>>
I found this on a Russian site. The first link on this Google search should point to it. Hiroyuki thinks this is spam, so I can't link it directly.

https://www.google.com/search?q="Cepия+Routledge+Library+Editions:+Witchcraft"+"anastasia+valeeva"

Routledge Library Editions: Witchcraft

It re-issues eight volumes originally published between 1929 and 1977 and sheds fascinating light on the history, anthropological, religious and mythological contexts of witchcraft in the UK and Europe, including several volumes which focus specifically on the witch-hunts and trials of Early Modern Europe.

1. The Damned Art (RLE Witchcraft): Essays in the Literature of Witchcraft. - Routledge, 2011
2. Davies R. T. Four Centuries of Witch Beliefs: With special reference to the Great Rebellion. - Routledge, 2011
3. L’Estrange Ewen C. (contr.) Witch Hunting and Witch Trials (RLE Witchcraft): The Indictments for Witchcraft from the Records of the 1373 Assizes Held from the Home Court 1559-1736. - Routledge, 2011
4. Ginzburg Carlo. The Night Battles: Witchcraft and Agrarian Cults in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries. - Routledge, 2011
5. Kieckhefer Richard. European Witch Trials (RLE Witchcraft): Their Foundations in Popular and Learned Culture, 1300-1500. - Routledge, 2011
6. Lethbridge T. C. Witches: Investigating An Ancient Religion. - Routledge, 2011
7. Quaife G. R. Godly Zeal and Furious Rage: The Witch in Early Modern Europe. - Routledge, 2011
8. Summers Montague. A Popular History of Witchcraft. - Routledge, 2011
>>
File: 1436012464956.gif (904KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1436012464956.gif
904KB, 500x264px
Just found out that my ex has died. How to I trap her soul and what can I do with it?
>>
File: 1408896618395.jpg (14KB, 539x576px) Image search: [Google]
1408896618395.jpg
14KB, 539x576px
Has anyone summoned Beleth?
>>
>>18476353
But there is something in that piece of paper. Did you notice they wear gloves to give it to you? There is something on that paper that is absorbed by your skin when you touch it that causes a subtle change in the brain, rendering the receiver unable to speak two phrases: "I do not know" and "I was wrong."
>>
When progressing through Prometheus Rising, should I be doing the end-of-chapter exercises X amount of times BEFORE moving on to the next chapter? And if I have other occult literature to read, I should be lightly leading it alongside Prometheus Rising, right? Since I see this book taking well over a year or years to fully 'complete'.
>>
>>18476727
>Prometheus Rising
Stop falling for this meme.
>>
File: G0K.jpg (8KB, 236x217px) Image search: [Google]
G0K.jpg
8KB, 236x217px
>>18476727

In my opinion, the book should be taken with a grain of salt (like all things, really). The main point is to get you outside of your ordinary headspace; To allow you to take a closer peek under your own hood, and give ideas of how to start making changes to yourself. I'm inclined to say read it through the once (in a manner you see fit), then move on to your next selection. Another read at a later date often lets you catch things you may have missed, and allows for looking at things from a different perspective (not just for this one book in particular).
>>
>>18476353
Several of my teachers have been good-for-nothing scholastic wankers, but that's what I get for meddling with philosophy.

One of the few subjects I still have to pass is Aesthetics because the source books are utter unreadable bullshit, badly laid out, badly written, badly translated and the teacher wants you to record them in your head like gospel.
>>
>>18476353
That ring might help lower your blood pressure, thusly giving you a +1 to dexterity. The antioxidant residues on the stored tarot cards might also strengthen your intuition when reading.

The wolf moon is an interesting astronomical event. I think it would improve the use of candles for rituals and enchantment during the night of January 12th.

Does anyone else have something in mind for the Wolf Moon?
>>
>>18476901
>the source books are utter unreadable bullshit, badly laid out, badly written, badly translated and the teacher wants you to record them in your head like gospel.
That's because aesthetics is the principle of philosophy.
>>
File: lux.jpg (213KB, 1272x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lux.jpg
213KB, 1272x1280px
I'm a Shingon Buddhist from Scotland who lurks these threads and very rarely posts.

I'd just like to wish you all well for the coming year, express my gratitude to Ape of Thoth for the library, and send my best wishes to PaloChan. I love you guys. Thank you for everything.
>>
What is the best way to load/activate a sigil?
>>
>>18476937
received ordination? taken any precepts?
>>
>>18476943
meditation

Liber MMM teach you how to reach gnosis or magical trance enough to charge your sigils.
>>
It is possible to someone bind me with them even if it was unintentionally? I don't by mean rituals or something like this
>>
>>18475855

I don't see any file called Tantric Skull Magic.
>>
>>18477137
skull-magic-Gray.pdf 559KB

https://mega.nz/#!P88AAAQA!bZ1kXSjNBNfsWWVn_oHIKNh4c8aPV1jQc0SmrotUduA

>Eastern>00.Beginers and Basics
>>
File: type 2 paralysis.jpg (43KB, 475x423px) Image search: [Google]
type 2 paralysis.jpg
43KB, 475x423px
>>18476138

Something like this?
>>
>>18476170
>philosopher in training

You didn't need to mention that; we can see the training wheels.
>>
>>18477139

Thank you.
>>
Happy New Year okkultniks

I want a girl with black hair and tattoos who's into the occult. Where do I hang out to find one of these?
>>
File: 1457834246230.png (427KB, 514x662px) Image search: [Google]
1457834246230.png
427KB, 514x662px
Le Mystere des Cathedrales is far less cryptic and illuminating than made out to be. the very generic modernism style which was incredibly popular in the 1920's its written is was disappointing on a aesthetic level too.
>>
File: Sigillum-Dei-Aemaeth_color.jpg (99KB, 385x355px) Image search: [Google]
Sigillum-Dei-Aemaeth_color.jpg
99KB, 385x355px
Buddha taught the Devas.

This is why we have Annutarayoga Tantra. The Buddhists went to Shiva and Kali and instead of doing the basic veneration they asked "Ayo what did that dude Shakyamuni teach you a fifth of a cycle back?"

And they replied.

So this brings me to an interesting line of thought.

What do the Enochian entities have to say about the Buddha?
>>
File: I.png (4KB, 160x113px) Image search: [Google]
I.png
4KB, 160x113px
>>18477296
>What do the Enochian entities have to say about the Buddha?

There is still some reverence for Alexander the Great in Central Asia. You might also want to do some academic research into Indo-Greek syncretism. There might be a specific answer to your question if you want to generalize the meaning of 'Enochian entities'.
>>
>>18477379
>some academic research into Indo-Greek syncretism
Started that like four years ago.

>if you want to generalize the meaning of 'Enochian entities'.
No, I mean dialing Dr. Dee's Angel phone.
>>
>>18477390
>Started that like four years ago.

How far along are you, now?

>No, I mean dialing Dr. Dee's Angel phone.

I thought that you intended some advert to a list.
>>
>>18476834
Okay that sounds reasonable enough. Read it through once, read it again at different intervals for difference of perspective. That is easily done. Thank you.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
I have some questions about working with Verum for those who know it well. The general structure is Three Chiefs-Deputies-Subordinates with Scirlin above all. Do you form one pact that is going through all ranks or separate pacts for each one of them? Or maybe you form pact only with Deputy, evoked by command of his Chief and you gain access to all his subordinates? Do you evoke all three Chiefs, one you're interested with, or the one who governs over part of Earth you live in? How do you interpret this?
>>
It looks like the wikipedia is actually a good source in hinduism, right?
>>
>>18477390
>No, I mean dialing Dr. Dee's Angel phone.
that would be very interesting.

Did you finished the Dragon Book? How was it?
>>
>>18475812
Mantras are literally entry level shit, buddy.
>>
>>18478120
kek
>>
>>18477296
Despite having completely incompatible cosmologies and theology Buddhists and Christians have often confused each other upon meeting, when some of the first Christians started peaching in Japan the local Buddhist monks were like "These Dutch people follow some weird as fuck bodhisattva we haven't heard of before", stories of Buddha somehow managed to make it to Europe and he got made into a saint.
>>
>>18477296
>Buddha taught the Devas.
>This is why we have Annutarayoga Tantra. The Buddhists went to Shiva and Kali and instead of doing the basic veneration they asked "Ayo what did that dude Shakyamuni teach you a fifth of a cycle back?"
>And they replied.
You can't be serious
>>
>>18478594
Why the hell else are Buddhists worshiping:
>Bhairava
>Shri Devi
>Mahakala
>Chinnamasta (Chinnamunda/Chamunda)
After directly state sponsored debates in the Pala Empire between Saivists and Buddhists.
>>
>>18478594
That ain't shit m8, Buddhism gets really wacky when the Buddha is going full Goku and teleporting around different planes of existence telling gods they don't know shit.
>>
File: 08-07-20141.jpg (384KB, 950x509px) Image search: [Google]
08-07-20141.jpg
384KB, 950x509px
>>18478623
>Buddha is going full Goku
>>
>>18478622
>Why the hell else are Buddhists worshiping gods
>Why the hell else are Buddhists missing the point of Buddhism?
Is it because, like every religion, it degenerates and decomposes with time?
>>
does anyone here know the term for the theological/philosophical idea behind serial killers who write letters in that vague, third person, demonic voice?
>>
>>18478623
> that time when as a bodhisattva (before turning into Buddha) he defeats legions of demons from the demon Mara by turning their weapons into flowers and other such miracles
>>
>>18478645
Solipsism
>>
>>18478641
>worshipping gods is degenerate
>implying bhakti is not a vaid path
>>
>>18478641
Buddhism was literally worshipping gods since day 1.
>>
>>18478651
krishnite pls go
>>
>>18478649
not it, but thanks
>>
>>18478649
Lol.

>>18478664
It sorta is. How about 'dissociation'.

>>18478660
>implying Bhaktiyoga is only for Vaishnavs

>>18478658
Um, sorta? I'm still trying to untangle that notion from the Pali canon. At some levels it looks like a variant form of henotheism; the gods are there, and they're sorta high emanation agents, but we don't have a personal soul, a creator, or a supreme ruler...that said, it's looking more like Adibuddha/Amitābha is a more native concept than not. Same with pure land, though not by that name, as Rūpadhātu is a realm of effulgent form not completely unlike Binah.
>>
>>18478703
>but we don't have a personal soul
Buddhism doesn't explicitly reject the concept of a soul and in fact comes dangerously close multiple times to similar concepts.
>>
>>18478703
>implying Bhaktiyoga is only for Vaishnavs
it's not, i just like pulling krishnite legs.
also:
>implying i dont perform bhakti rituals to shiva

>gods in buddhism
as far as i can tell, devas dont occupy an important part in the pali canon, and they only get given importance in the early mahayanist sutras. in the pali canon, humans are in the middle of the hierarchy of life, from lower lifeforms and hungry ghosts that do not possess the capabilities to achieve enlightenment, to the higher life forms and devas, which are so busy with their heightened sense pleasures (among other things) that they cannot possibly achieve enlightenment. thats why the buddha says that the human life is precious, because it is the only life that allows one to achieve enlightenment. devas in the pali canon seem to be folk remnants (or something similar) from contemporary mythologies, and they, as far as i noticed, are not given an important status. for the most part, they are mere characters in the suttas, playing no more an important part than any other character.
>pure land
reading the pali canon and seeing mentions of the pure land is different than in mahayana sutras. in the former, it sounds more like a skillful metaphor, whereas in the latter it is emphasized too much (in my opinion) and unnecessarily.
>>
>Pure Land Buddhism
I've heard that it arose as a response to Christianity on the silk road, Buddhists thought peasants would be attracted it because of how easy it is to enter heaven compared to nirvana.
>>
>>18479110
It would explain why all of the pure landers I've met are basically exoteric christians pretending to be buddhists.

However, the seeds pure land buddhism are noticeable in the pali canon and other early sutras/scriptures.
>>
>>18478857
>Anatman is the idea that there is no self; at least no self in the Hindu definition of atman (which implies a luminous core consciousness, or a "True Self" that acts as a vehicle of reincarnation as opposed to the habit clusters Buddhism seeks to annihilate, not unlike the concept of klipot).

>>18479092
>devas dont occupy an important part in the pali canon
Every cosmological place from Arūpaloka on down is inhabited by devas. I'd agree they're not emphasized.

>again, degree of emphasis
I'd argue that's nearly the only difference in doctrines given the stage of generation right before Arhatship.

>>18479110
>>18479127
Everyone wants to point the finger at monotheism (Zoroastrian, Christian, Muslim), but nobody looks where the first images of Vajrapani arise: The Greek Bactrian Complex.
>>
>>18479330
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn44/sn44.010.than.html

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/selvesnotself.html#talk2

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/truth_of_rebirth.html#appropriate

And If you allow me to use Mahayana Tantra "sugatagarbha" fits the definition of a "soul" quite nicely.

But we don't need another Eternal Buddha argument, stop using Wikipedia as a study guide.
>>
>>18479358
>sugatagarbha
Mind-stream works pretty well too. IJS the 'inner being' is an unconditioned undifferentiated non-individualized entity in the system.

>we don't need another Eternal Buddha argument
I'd actually agree. The Pali texts are pretty clear here I just don't care what label or name we append to it.

>stop using Wikipedia as a study guide
Yeah I stopped using that around the time I discovered Vangisa and went back to the Pali canon. My deal is that common Theravadin apologetics seems reductionist and unsatisfying.
>>
>>18479358
>SN 44.10
It's shit like this that makes me wonder where all the schismatic tension comes from.

Maybe it's an artifact of lecturing Western converts like it is with Orthodoxy or lineal guru bias.
>>
>>18479374
>schismatic tension
are you refering to the early schism? because i think that one is more about vinaya-related stuff than sutta/doctrinal stuff.
>My deal is that common Theravadin apologetics seems reductionist and unsatisfying.
>common theravadin
well there's your problem. common theravadins are usually westerners, and they dont really understand whats going on, so they're kinda full of shit (not always). you gotta listen to the uncommon theravadins, it isnt so reductionist.
>>
>>18479399
>common theravadins are usually westerners
Westerners are usually from the Thai Forest Tradition, which was heavily influenced by the Western-educated Thai Royal family who were in-turn obsessed with Western enlightenment.
>>
>>18479423
>Thai Forest Tradition
What about that Australian dude who engendered a massive shitfest w/r/t ordination? I see him cited left and right.
>>
>>18479437
?
>>
>>18479437
It's legitimately disgusting how people gloss over the level of misconduct Ajahn Brahm enacted.

It also convinced me we need religious/cultural intellectual property laws.
>>
>>18479461
>Ajahn Brahm
??
who tf is he? tell me the story, anon-senpai
>>
So as a beginner Im looking at this mega upload from the OP and Im feeling information overload even in the beginner folder.

Any direction experienced individuals can offer me
>>
>>18479461
>we need religious/cultural intellectual property laws.
I dunno much about dude's case but amen to that, brother.
>>
>>18479474
Ajahn Brahm is a White British Theravada monk who secretly ordained a bunch of nuns and probably single-handedly set back bhikkhuni ordination in the Thai traditions decades.

The Thai Sangha were determined to set everything right and brought together hundreds of the most respected and senior monks in Thailand on a days notice, at first they literally didn't believe the entire thing actually happened and it must be a miscommunication somewhere.

Even after all the bullshit he pulled that even put the sangha in legal trouble with the government they gave him a choice of either considering the ordination as null and void or being cut off from the Ajahn Chah tradition, he went with being cut off.

Brahm received universal condemn even from his personal friends of 30+ years despite claiming only a fringe conservative movement within the sangha was against the ordination.
>>
>>18479478
Any ideas on which system/religion/tradition you wanna start with?
>>
>>18479546
Not at all. Just trying to get some beginner insight into magic in general
>>
>>18479553
Franz Bardon, Initiation Into Hermetics.
>>
>>18479557
Uh, no. Ape wiped all barron material out of the library.
If you see magic as a form of psychology, "Prometheus Rising", by Robert Anton Wilson. Follow through discordian and chaos magic books.
If not, "Psychic Self-Defence" by Dion Fortune. Then perhaps "Cosmic Doctrine" and after that Hermeticism books.
>>
>>18479580
That's because Ape has a personal vendetta against Bardon because the Nazi's considered him a more capable Magician than Crowley.
>>
>>18479539
kek
>>
File: G0F.jpg (52KB, 637x412px) Image search: [Google]
G0F.jpg
52KB, 637x412px
>>18479553

I'm inclined to suggest "Secret Teachings of All Ages" by Manly (it's in the beginner folder, scroll down a bit) as a jumping-off point since you don't seem to know what your style is, yet.
>>
Ape, I'm looking at the kangyur folder. What is the correct order of reading those tantas?
>>
>>18479580
>Prometheus Rising", by Robert Anton Wilson
>Follow through discordian and chaos magic books.
Consider me triggered Anon.
>>
>>18479647
I gave an alternative. Actually I would recommend to read Prometheus and Self-Defence for the different perspectives on the same thing.
Which books do you suggest, and why?
>>
>>18473266
The DBoE is under grimories right?
Couldn't find it maybe I'm blind?
>>
>>18479663
Under Chumbley
>>
>>18479663
Chumbley folder.

>>18479607
Start with the super basic Mahanaya sutras. Better yet start in the Pali Canon with an eye toward Abhidhamma.

>>18479606
^Just keep in mind it's a bit outdated. Otherwise it's decent.
>>
>>18479685
>Start with the super basic Mahanaya sutras
No, I already know much of the pali canon, and ive read quite a few of the mahayana sutras, and other shit like hevajra and kularnava. Quit Bogarting those tantras and lemme know that primo order or point me to wherever has a list or whatever.
>>
>>18479691
Usually from top to bottom:
Kalachakra
Yamantaka
Hevajra
Chakrasamvara
Vajrayogini
Vajrasattva
Mahakala
Avelokitesvhara
>>
>>18479713
I meant in the folder there, but danke.
>>
>>18479685
FUCK
Didn't see you had a dedicated chumbley folder kek
>>
>>18476353
>fascinated by nothing
>nothing
:^)
>>
File: images12.jpg (7KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
images12.jpg
7KB, 274x184px
>>18473266

Not a question/request, but to all the people that have put together these libraries and spread them...Thank you, seriously.
Allot of this knowledge would be beyond my resources if it wasn't for you guys.

I really see "the occult" becoming more and more like MMA, where nobody is JUST one art form anymore; could be the trigger for a whole no way of thinking. How exciting.
>>
>>18479878
>could be the trigger for a whole no way of thinking.
what did he mean by this?
>>
I'm pretty new to the practice of magic. Anybody know anything that would go well with Druidry?
>>
>>18479903
Sudden world wide collapse of consciousness as a result of a magick battle between Thelemites and the Catholic Church.
>>
>>18479943
What did he meme by this?
>>
It's gonna be a good year, everybody.

Eris told me so.
>>
Tell me how to make someone go deaf
>>
>>18480618
Scream real loud in their ears.
>>
>>18479878
>where nobody is JUST one art form anymore; could be the trigger for a whole no way of thinking.

While the sentiment is nice and it shows you're on the right path, I'm afraid you're a little late to that party. I think the vast majority of magical practitioners in the current day are 'eclectic'. The advent of chaos magick has basically ensured it, and people are becoming increasingly interested in practices which were already very 'eclectic'. At this point the bigger paradigm shift would be if everyone decided to practice only one specific form.
>>
File: 1421967387616.jpg (593KB, 674x867px) Image search: [Google]
1421967387616.jpg
593KB, 674x867px
Late happy new year and fruitful practices for every occultist on /omg/!
>>
Do all kinds of magic work? Seems like there is a lot to choose from, is it implied that all of them work and coexist or do some of the belief systems contradict each other?
>>
>>18474782
Bodily fluids are magical not because they are made of certain stuff, but because they are very deeply symbolical. One could say they're literally life's essence, but as I said, this makes their symbolic value higher.
Your semen is no worse or better than a average man's semen, or a dog's semen in my opinion.

But then there comes all the arguing about magical models and shit, so don't take my word on it!
Ultimately, just practice, do magick! Change stuff until it works as you want it to, keep progressing.
And I wish you best luck and discipline on your way, desu.
>>
>>18474782
>>18481091

Actually, proof-reading AFTER I already posted made me want to clarify a bit.
According to the psychological model, your own semen would probably be the best, then another's man, and only then the dog's. However this is only general and depends strongly on the actual ritual you are performing. If it had anything to do with animals and wasn't influencing your very self, dog's or any other animal's semen would probably be even better.
Ultimately, it all depends on what's rooted in your subconscious, your deepest beliefs.

Finally, sorry for any mistakes in writing I made earlier and probably now, I'm officially only B2 in English. You should get my point anyway.
>>
>>18481100
What kind of rituals involve semen?
>>
>>18481105
To be perfectly honest, I only know about jerking off on sigils, because it's become a meme
I think some thelemic stuff involves bodily fluids, and that probably comes from some older practices and systems.

I'm a chaote so I create my own rituals. Out of convenience I don't use sperm often, but it did work for me greatly with sigils a few years ago when I began. However I also noticed that with time and myself looking for something else, it wasn't as effective anymore - probably because I wasn't valuing it subconsciously anymore. This explanation seems to be working for me and it appears that I'm a person who needs a frequent change for magick to work, so that's how I do it.
You need to get to understand yourself well to be successful in my experience.

"know thyself" and shit, you know
>>
>>18481116
You literally throw your semen on sigils? I never heard of that, but I always wondered how would work a sigil made with my own jizz and blood, and then burning it.
>>
I'm gonna start an occult/esoteric news site, like TechCrunch but for occult groups

Would you guys use something like that?
>>
>>18481486
No.
Just like I don't use Ultraculture, Disinfo, or other bargain barrel okkvltnik blogs.
>>
>>18481486
There isn't enough "occult/esoteric" news to sustain a website, you'll end up going the 95% opinion route.
>>
>>18481490
Disinfo is good if you only use it to see if there's any new Grant Morrison or Discordian stuff.
>>
>>18481670
>thad mccracken
>good
"No."
>>
Testing backwoods internet AGAIN.
I havent been able to get a post in for 2 days and I am very frustrated about that.
>>
>>18481670
>Grant Morrison
>good
At least he isn't Moore I guess.
>>
>>18481322
yeah, it's pretty much the same idea
>fap
>focus on your sigil
>orgasm (a state of mind that's pretty fucking intense, "singular")
>cum all over the sigil
>forget
read something by phil hine, his books are short and they really get straight to the point
perhaps condensed chaos? it should be in the OP's library under chaos magick
>>
File: misotheism_graphic.png (106KB, 759x520px) Image search: [Google]
misotheism_graphic.png
106KB, 759x520px
Can somebody better educated than me shed some light into abrahamic schizomonotheism?

My country is somewhat catholic, and it's always seemed pretty obvious to me that catholicism isn't actually monotheistic, they just pretend to be.

The figures people show the greatest devotion towards to are either very specific aspects of Jesus, very specific aspects of Mary, or saints.

Father and Holy Ghost are barely anything more than powerful names to back rituals with.

Also, does anybody have any material on misotheism lying around? (I feel I may have asked this before already)
>>
I'm looking for some magical to improve the health of both my mind and body, any suggested reading from the OP?
>>
>>18481991
>>>/fit/
>>>/adv/
>>>/some hobby you've neglected/
Come back when you feel you're running easier.

>>18481969
Pretty sure I've got some references to schizotheism in the A.'.A.'.>Philosophy folder.

On your own for misotheism.
>>
>>18482005
>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy folder.

Yes... that sounds likely. I was pretty impressed at that folder and downloaded some stuff from there, but I wasn't looking particularly for this

>On your own for misotheism.
Well, god helps those who help themselves, rite? *chuckle*

thx
>>
File: NPX423799_hi-res.jpg (88KB, 728x584px) Image search: [Google]
NPX423799_hi-res.jpg
88KB, 728x584px
>>18481670
There some **SOME** few things Disinfo is good at.
I have Disinfo to thank for introducing me to Rosaleen Norton (and her epically arched eyebrows).
>>
>>18482005

What about heresies sempai? :"3
>>
>>18479915
Sacred Geometry, may be Geomancy.
>>
>>18481088
Essentially yes, but what's really important is what works for you.

It is always wise to check, if the person responsible for a system died, how that person died. Magic is something that changes your mind. Some magic systems may lead to mental imbalances.

Yes, I was thinking of Crowley when I typed the text above.
>>
>>18481726
You don't like Moore? He seems to be a nice guy, and his ideas are good, not necessarily correct . I like Promethea alot.
>>
>>18482103
Fascinating.
>>
>>18482198
You like Moore? His egotism is unparalleled, the guy literally thinks he's Ozymandias.
>>
>>18482323
By his own admission he has lost his mind.
He's a writer and prone to hyperbole.
His personal deity is a nearly forgotten snake-fertility-god who is entirely likely a hoax anda satirical literary reference.

If you take anything Moore says as being more than theatrics, you are missing the point. The egotism and the dramatics are the interesting bit, the rest of it is the smoke screen.
>>
File: david_foster_wallace.jpg (357KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
david_foster_wallace.jpg
357KB, 750x500px
>>18482366
Stop.
>>
>>18482374
>"I have an opinion!"
>"Here is further elaboration on the point"
>"Here is a sarcastic rebuttal with no substance"
>"Here is a more complex analyses of the topic of your opinion, I clearly wish to talk about the subject"
>"Here is a picture of an unrelated subject and a single word implying your inferiority, I think I win."

wew lad, and you're the one accusing people of egotism?
>>
>>18482323
>the guy literally thinks he's Ozymandias.
Really? I thought this was more based on the Watchmen character. I didn't knew he was a egotist .
>>
>>18482419
If you think Wallance being unrelated to the subject we're discussing I don't think this argument would have lend to anything remotely approaching constructive.
>>
>Alan Moore
We Misogynistic victorian rape fantasy fetish thread now.
>>
>>18482433
>look at me I read Infinite Jest and think I'm a special snowflake now.

Oh fuck off, you're not the only one with access to literature. Wallaces relevancy to a discussion on the merits of Moore is a stretch at best. Moore himself got all infatuated as well, and the guy was a great writer, but don't you think you're deflecting a bit by not answering any fucking questions or elaborating on your point whatsoever? Maybe stop propping up your intellectual superiority as if it was some kind of shield by trotting out your ability to read as justification for your shitty character.

Elaborate on the point, explain your position, refute or make points or go away and read something.
>>
>>18482323
I like Moore too, but calling "pompous bullshit" is an universal right, so if that's how you see it you're doing the good thing by rejecting it
>>
So now we've revived the thread with a bit of shitposting it seems like a great time to ask a equally retarded question

What's with Occultists and appropriating Egyptian deities instead of say Mesopotamian or Mesoamerican deities?
>>
>>18482512
Let me guess: the structure of the Egyptian pantheon was the most proper to encode what the makers of the magic system intended.
>>
>>18482512
>appropriating
And with a single word, everyone suddenly knew that anon was trash.
>>
>>18482687
But Anon, the concept of appropriation existed long before you associated it with tumblr. It's used in a non-derogatory manner in art.
>>
>>18482568
Also Greeks and Romans adapted gods and traditions making a relationship between pantheons. Same with vedic stuff.
>>
>>18482512
Western Occult goes through revivals and lulls every so often.

Last big revival was the the end of the 19th century when egyptology was at its height, so anything based on work from that time shoes that influence, main ones being Thelema and GD
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.