[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you like ShadowRun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

File: Shadow Run.png (959KB, 4096x3584px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Run.png
959KB, 4096x3584px
Did you like ShadowRun?
>>
>>3165616
Yes both 16 bit versions, and the tabletop game.
>>
>>3165616
Hell yeah. The ending felt a little underwhelming but everything else was awesome. Loved it.
>>
File: shadowrun.jpg (118KB, 640x545px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun.jpg
118KB, 640x545px
>>3165619
Same. Has anyone ever tried to translate the Sega CD version?
>>
>>3165616
Slow cursor movement kills the SNES game. Sega Megadrive Master Race wins again.
>>
It's alright, but the story is pretty barebones for an RPG, and progresses extremely slowly.

There's also a lot of grinding to be done, not to mention clueless wandering if you're not following a guide. I would honestly hate to even attempt playing it without a guide again.

The genesis/megadrive game is better, imo. The only positives the SNES game has over it is a better soundtrack.
>>
>>3165640
There's a project going on, and as far as I know they've recently reached act 2.
Niggas be takin' their own sweet time, but that's ok. I'm a patient guy.
>>
>>3165640
Why the fuck would you want weeb ShadowRun?
>>
>>3165650
How come nobody thought about using the SNES mouse for it? Should've been a shoe-in.
>>3165727
Because some people like tRPGs and Shadowrun?
>>
>>3165727
Not him, but I would want it because CD quality music.
>>
>>3165616
aw man this was my comfygame in 6th grade. I remember I got some kind of black-death level flu that decommissioned me hardcore. My mom went to the video store to rent some movies and brought this back for me thinking "Well, the cover looked cool"

It was the perfect game to play because it moved nice and slow. I was in and out of heavy fevers for the whole time. The game invaded my dreams in cool ways.

Anyways, thanks for reminding me anon. My mom has badass videogame tastes.
>>
>>3165727
because hardcore cyberpunk 90s anime was the shit, son.
>>
>>3165640
Am I mistaken in thinking this was an entirely different game with a different plot set in japan?
>>
>>3165650
>Sega Megadrive Master Race wins again.
You mean Genesis, but I do agree that Sega did it far better.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>3165893
>Genesis
>unironically preferring the censored Americunt name
>>
>>3165673
On the SNES one I was doing alright then I got totally stuck with this helicopter on a roof. I assume I had to do something to make the pilot let me on and take me somewhere but I could never figure it out.
>>
>>3165907
>>unironically preferring the censored Americunt name

Infringing, not censored.
>>
>>3165885
It's it's own game, yeah
>>
File: shadow_MURDER.png (48KB, 582x544px) Image search: [Google]
shadow_MURDER.png
48KB, 582x544px
>>3165727
why wouldn't you?
>>
>>3165673
Which is ironic because all of your complaints are actually more true of the Genesis version. The grind in the SNES version is fairly little. The grind in the Genesis one is heavy and the story comes slowly and a portion of the story you don't even get if you don't do hacking to get the emails which even tells it.
>>
>>3165727
Because Shadowrun is partly weeb.
>>
>>3165802
>My mom has badass videogame tastes.
Are you actually trying to suggest your mom preplayed your games before giving them to you to play them rather than just getting lucky?
>>
>>3165640
holy shit how did i not know this existed. this looks so good.
>>
>>3166075
Eg. Fighters are called "samurai", and fighting with katanas used to be a viable build, at least in 3E which is the only edition I played (Dikote! And convince the GM only the edge needs to be coated!). 4E greatly improved the game by removing the ridiculous variable TN system (the thing responsible for making dikoted katanas OP), but I never actually played 4E. And I have no idea how 5E plays.
>>
>>3165616
Yes. On Genesis/MD.
>>
>>3166085
>this looks so good
It's not, sadly.
>>
>>3166078
I was making an overexagerated joke, man. relax. She just put some thought into finding something she thought i'd like as a kid instead of randomly grabbing the first available thing on the shelf.
>>
>>3165616
Sega does what ninten don't
>>
>>3165727
>Summerfag
What is nuyen, what is samurais, what is nippon stronk megacorps? Even Bladerunner and the original Neuromancer book was weeb.
>>
>>3165616
Wait, did they seriously just subtitle the Japanese version?
>>
>>3165907
>Liking a Euroshit name over an awesome American name
>>3166843
Too be fair, they were in the 80s when those islands looked like they were going to make something out of their dead country.
>>
>>3166930
Yeah. Its a kind of cool version to play because there are a few differences here and there.
>>
>>3165640
I've been waiting since 2005.
There will Never EVER be a translation of this game. Give up hope.
>>
>>3166262
that's just like your opinion man. looks awesome to me
>>
>>3167408
there is someone translating it. he has a blog that is updated somewhat regularly . shoot him a message
>>
So, which versions (jp, beta, maybe even hacks) are the best for both versions, snes and sega?
>>
>>3167562
As I said, I've been following the games translation for 11 years. It never comes to fruition.

There has been several teams that have given up on it. I know who you are talking about more recently and he rarely updates and his blog is all about other games, meaning he spends very little time on shadowrun.
>>
>>3167615
we should encourage him to work on shadowrun then. show him that the community would really appreciate it and all that?

I left a msg on his blog.
>>
>>3167559
Yes, and my opinion of a game that I've played is worth far more than you're opinion of a game whose fucking box art you've looked at. It's an atrocious fucking game and you're just going to embarrass yourself by caring about it.
>>
NOT RETRO but I liked Dragonfall quite a bit.

No good waifus though.
>>
>>3165893
He meant mega drive. As it's called everywhere except for in Bible obsessed land.
>>
>>3168340
sounds like a great dildo
>>
>>3168340
It was just called a "Sega" in nigger asia ,because we never saw the master system.
>>
>>3168087
you sound very upset . i checked out gameplay, looked cool and worth playing. better get your guns out
>>
>>3165727
You're going to be mad as shit in three years when you look out the window of your flying car and see nothing but neon signs in Japanese
>>
>>3169923
Japan being the world influence was a meme years ago.

Now it's china that will be the one.
>>
>>3169926
Will there be a gommunist Shadowrun?
>>
>>3170098
>implying China is a communist country
>>
>>3165616
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_%28disambiguation%29

>Shadowrun is a pen and paper role-playing game, first released in 1989.

>Video games based on the role-playing game:
> Shadowrun (SNES), a 1993 game for the Super NES
> Shadowrun (Sega), a 1994 game for the Sega Genesis
> Shadowrun (Mega-CD), a 1996 game for the Sega Mega-CD (JAPANESE ONLY, it seems no complete translations exist ??)
>threads with one line starting post

>>3165616
what's up with lazy cunt like this?

i guess i could in fact commend you for at least not starting with unnamed picture and asking "what vr consensus on this" with no mention of names anywhere like a smug lil faggot.

-you could at least say which genre,

-what game specifically in a series or franchise

-if its a jap-only, perhaps recommend or at least state there are hack/mods/translation avaiable, bonus if you websearched and upon not easily finding a download link, uploaded your own to include in OP

srsly, are we here to (re)discover retro games worth playing or just circlejerk what you played as a kid with others that did it too?
>>3165802
>aw man this was my comfygame in 6th grade.
you could read japanese at 11? unless youre japanese

>>3166092
3E 4E 5E
what are those?

>>3168087
>atrocious
which game are you referring to anon?
1993 nintendo
1994 sega
1996 sega
2013 game any good?

it seems its turn based like the 1996 one, anyone played both?

will a be missing anything if i spik 1996 and play the 2013 title?
finally a company that sells their game out of steam as well
>>
Best song coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23xPqI1dSM
>>
>>3166092
5e guy here, how did 3e combat work again? I remember the system being clunky as all hell.

5e greatly scaled back the gear & gear options in my opinion, a lot of the gear attributes limit how many programs, upgrades, etc they can have and the volume of stuff isn't as large.

My memories of 3e are strangely fond, even though 5 of 7 hours playing it involved making characters.
>>
>>3170397
>3E 4E 5E
>what are those?

Versions of the pen-and-paper RPG
>>
>>3168340
>He meant mega drive. As it's called everywhere except for in Bible obsessed land.
Confirmed for jackass.
>>3169926
In the 80s we were dumb enough to think the Japs would be worth something in the future.
>>
>>3170397
>2013 game any good?
There are 3 of them now. The first one (Shadowrun Returns) is pretty shit. The 2nd one (Dragonfall) is probably the best one.

Hong Kong (3rd) one is alright but not as good as it's predecessor.
>>
>>3170417
>5e guy here, how did 3e combat work again?
All kinds of crazy non-linearity in the probabilities, with exploding dice and TN modifiers. Very unintuitive. But the damage modeling was better than 4E and different weapons actually felt different.
>>
>>3165727
is that a fucking trick question
>>
OMG I LOVE IT
>>
Loved both of them. The snes had better ost (that slap bass) and cyberpunk atmosphere, but the Genesis version rewarded you for sticking with it with its endless lifespan and sandbox world. There was just something so cool about doing runs on corporations. The Sega Cd version seemed like it would be cool, but I don't want to have to reference a guide to play it. I can't believe noone's made an Eng patch despite all the good things I've heard about it.
>>
BTW, Shadowrun was invented in the 80s, a time when everyone was sure the Japanese would take over the world, which is why SR had "weeb" overtones, as well as cyberpunk novels in the 80s. Funny enough, Japanese cyberpunk movies were about modern day industrialization, and had nothing futuristic about them. They were fucked up though, like Pinnochio 964 with the lobotomized sex slave.
>>
a fairly ambitious action-adventure game for the snes in a setting and theme that was rarely used at the time, a decent game
>>
Yes both the gens/snes/pc but never played the shooter. I backed the kickstarter and got a lot of cool stuff.

I have one if the shirts on and even got a tattoo of the logo.
>>
>>3173998
>and cyberpunk atmosphere,
I can't agree with it. It looked too normal and alive to be a dystopian Seattle. Also, having people pop up in every screen was so unrealistic even for a game that it took me out of the Shadowrun setting.
>>
>>3175023
>too alive

Do you even know what cyberpunk is dude? it doesn't mean post apocalyptic
>>
>>3175034
>Do you even know what cyberpunk is dude? it doesn't mean post apocalyptic
Do you know what Shadowrun is? It's very much a dystopian world. I never said cyberpunk is, but the SNES Shadowrun never felt like it too me. Way too bright, colorful and normal like. It could have been it's own game and would have worked better in my opinion. The Genesis version looks far darker and more fitting for Shadowrun that the SNES version does.
>>
>>3175043
>herr let me quote "cyberpunk atmosphere" and says it too alive

>oh wait I wasnt talking about that, I wasnt talking about shadowrun! I literally don't know how to quote correctly
>>
>>3175034
Genesis did the cyberpunk UCAS atmosphere justice: giant megacorporations, crime everywhere, decadent, slightly futuristic environments, people asking for bodyguards everywhere, faking IDs, even the Amerindian Lands were included and while tedious without a map were tense and had great atmosphere. The Mega CD version also does look like Japan in the Shadowrun universe is supposed to look. And then the SNES version looks like Dick Tracy with computers and one (1) tall building. Even the computers of the SNES version look plain and unimpressive (and play a mere minesweeper game to boot). No cops, no gangs, no racial tension (races are confined to a couple specific shadowrunners), no constant surveillance, YOU CAN'T EVEN SHADOWRUN... It did look plain, with the exception of maybe Bremerton. It's a great game, but it fell flat in that regard.
>>
>>3175054
I said it felt too alive for it to be a good cyberpunk atmosphere. I never said that cyberpunk had to be apocalyptic.For Shadowrun, which is the name of the game, it can't be alive like that. Learn how to read, jackass.
>>3175056
This completely. The guys in every winder makes no sense for a Shadowrun game, unless Lonestar was disbanded.
>>
>>3175070
>I said it felt too alive for it to be a good cyberpunk atmosphere.

Yeah you don't know what cyberpunk is, like I said in my very first post.
>>
>>3175056
>Walk into the Puyallup Barrens and get jumped by an orc gang
I loved that place, awesome music, awesome location. It felt like you were in a shit hole and about to get jumped at any moment, and chances are it did happen.
>Go into a bar
>Get thrown out in the midst of a bar fight
>>
>>3175159
Then explain, how is it good cyberpunk atmosphere? How is it better than the Genesis? As I said in my post it's a shit Shadowrun.
>>3175163
Better yet was getting sat ablaze by some random guy in a trench coat.
>>
ShadowRun SNES turns into a joke once you get the invisibility spell and none of the enemies can damage you. Also the hacking minigame was shit.
>>
>>3165727
>>>/pol/
>>>/tv/
>>>/v/
>>>/co/

Pick one and stay there faggot. We here at /vr/ are proud weebs and absolutely will not tolerate your bullshit any longer.
>>
>>3175190
im just as weeb as the next guy but u sound like a triggered faggot. people like different things
>>
megadrive shadowrun atmosphere felt super boring
>>
>>3175261
>literally anything can happen at any given moment
>at least three individual choices for each happening with different, often unpredictable outcomes
>super boring
>>
>>3175190
Go suck a 3 inch yellow cock, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>3175292
>bland, empty spaces
>lame enemy ecounters
>exciting

at least cyberspace was okay
>>
File: 891.png (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
891.png
42KB, 625x626px
>>3175339
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.