[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

that feel when too old to play pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1487781413916.png (90KB, 660x714px) Image search: [Google]
1487781413916.png
90KB, 660x714px
that feel when too old to play pokémon
>>
>>32358081
So, dead?
>>
>>32358081
>tfw I have to hide to play pokémon
>>
>>32358081
Excuses.
>>
There's always time to begin being a manchild.
>>
File: 1400983326470.jpg (16KB, 166x282px) Image search: [Google]
1400983326470.jpg
16KB, 166x282px
>>32358081
>>32358163
I know it’s petty, but it really irritates me how nobody ever goes to Bulbagarden for breaking pokémon news. It’s always Serebii or PokéJungle or PokéBeach, but never Bulbagarden, even though all of those other sites, in some way, try to mimic Bulbagarden or Bulbapedia’s style of delivering information. We break the exact same news at the exact same time from the exact same sources, yet even on our own Facebook page we get people telling other commenters to “go to Serebii for confirmation” when it takes us 0.02358734 seconds longer to post something because people are incapable of typing at twice the speed of light, and that’s not counting the time we actually take to confirm that what we’re saying is complete and accurate to the best of our knowledge and ability. No fan site has any authority to confirm anything, and no site is any more or less credible than any other. If Serebii or PJ or WPM couldn’t update their sites for some reason, the news would still break. Bulbagarden does have a Facebook page, a Twitter account, another Twitter account dedicated to breaking news, and even a Tumblr page, all of which you should totally be following, and at least has the advantage of having multiple moderators for all of its social media sites across many time zones, but no one ever seems to believe anything until Serebii posts about it, and that just makes me sad.
>>
>>32358178
You didn't need the pasta as well. Still, you're right
>>
I've been too old to play Pokemon for a long time now. Oh well.
>>
>>32358081
>>32358537

What exactly constitutes being "too old" to play a video game? I have my own business, a wife, a house, friends, family, and other interests. I still play every Pokemon game that comes out. I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>32358081
>Not teaching your daughter to play pokemon on your old GBC
>Not tearing up when she names her Typhlosion after you
>Not watching the anime with her
>Not buying merch for her and for you
>Not planning to dress up as pokemon characters for Halloween
>Not subconsciously teaching her to develop hobbies and a personality early on

I seriously pitty you.
>>
>>32358081
I suppose you all must leave then, since to even be here, you have to be "too old to play".
>>
>>32358545
The problem is others will judge you for doing things that you did as a kid well into adulthood.
>>
>>32358581
>having children
I seriously pitty you. I never want to have loin spawn.
>>
>>32358594
No, the problem is letting that affect you. If you're going to let everyone run your life, then beep boop. I press the off button.
>>
>>32358598
I'll never be able to*
ftfy
>>
>>32358594
I'm a successful man. I'm confident and carry myself well. I have never in my adult life had anyone, other than my parents, criticize me to my face for any of my hobbies.

People generally only do that when they can make a correlation between "childish" activities and any negative effects they can draw a correlation to. If you act like a manchild, aren't doing anything with your life, but you obsess over Pokemon-- then yes, I can see people judging you. But that's your own fault.
>>
>>32358603
Let's say I'm a kid still getting into Pokémon at the target age demographic.
Completely obsessed over my Gameboy. And catching them all.
So obsessed I forget to develop skills nessecary for socializing with other kids about anything other than Pokémon.
If I was to act like this as an adult other people would see it as trying to hold onto the past. And still trying to be a child. Never interested in anything other than kids stuff. How is this not a problem?
>>
>>32358627
>Completely obsessed over my Gameboy. And catching them all.
>So obsessed I forget to develop skills nessecary for socializing with other kids about anything other than Pokémon.

This is not normal behavior, Anon. Playing Pokemon as an adult and not having any social skills aren't typically directly correlated in that way. You could argue that it happens the other way around, though, and I think that would be true.
>>
>>32358621
And I've never had anybody judge me other than my sister. Who still holds resentment over me stealing Thier game boys to play Pokémon when I was a kid.
My parents and sister also judged me for playing Pokémon go when that came out. So I started to hate it as appeasement to them.
>>
>>32358606
>not wanting kids means that you're not able to but secretly want to
Keep lieing to yourself. Esspecially when that preccious little girl of yours goes through her teenage years and starts hating you just for exsiting. I know what I was like as a kid and if my child were to end up anything like me then not only would they end up wanting to never have been born (read as: have major depression issues) but the world might be better off without them too. I am not mentally or finacially capable of raising a child and am always annoyed by children i have to come across in day to day life. Everyone says "you'll change your mind about having kids in the future" but I've held this opinion for the entirety of my adult life.
>>
>>32358627
Because other people don't matter. If they can't take it, then that's their fault, not yours. I could just as easily criticize a scientist for the same reason. Forgetting to eat and drink? THAT'S a problem. Not unless you find your own existence to be purposeless. My argument is if you are alive, then no one has the ability to argue what you do.
>>
>>32358651
It'll be hilarious when he has to be nice to the guy that is porking his daughter and shoving his dick down her throat
Have fun with that lmao
>>
>>32358651
Thanks for proving my point there buddy.
Not meant as a jab, btw, but "being able to" is not merely getting your sperm in an egg, but actually wanting/being mentally ready for it.
>>
>>32358661
It's highly hypocritical wanting to bang every thot in the block and then expecting your child to be a nun/monk.
I've been around and done shady shit to women before I got married, so if karma is handing me a slut, what can I do? Just teaching her to protect herself, have a personality so she doen't fall for a retarded chad. Expecting her to not experiment in her teens is stupid, if she were a guy it would be expected of him.
>>
>>32358665
Yes but the problem with saying "not able to" instead of "Not wanting" implies that i secretly do want them. I don't. If i was mentally well and financially secure that would not change the fact that i hate being around children period.
>>
>>32358700
No...
You assumed that yourself, my man.
I was, however, implying you were an autistic virgin.
The later is unproven though.
>>
>>32358081
is that meme based on jr soprano
>>
>>32358178
I'm honestly suprises why people go to Serbii over Bulbapedo. Bulbapedia has all of the same information formatted in a much nice and cleaner setup, and doesn't look like a website that hasn't changed its design since 2004
>>
>>32358818
There's far less autism in Serebii.
>>
>>32358081
tfw no time to be a pokemaster
tfw just enough time to shitpost
>>
>>32358822
I'm intrigued. Why HASN'T anyone tried to make an anime site that is more reliable than them? I mean, there is Dogasu, who technically is affiliated with them, but he doesn't have input on all the episodes. I know it can be done, but it would take forever, and the only real thing we would get out of it is MAYBE better translations and clarifications on the whole gender issue. (if that is even a thing anymore, the last anyone cared about such things was in B/W last I knew)
>>
>>32358081
>>>/r9k/
>>>/b/
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.