[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pmdg/ - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 56

File: zam.png (11KB, 309x147px) Image search: [Google]
zam.png
11KB, 309x147px
Nobody likes sandstorm edition. Old thread >>31653990

PSMD and Gates download: http://pastebin.com/kh7GcnYm

Check the guides at >>>/vg/hbg if you don't know how to install the game. You won't lose any online features or anything doing so, don't worry. You'll be able to do everything that you'd normally be able to and much more!

MD Exploration Pack, which contains a DS emulator and roms, Wiiware roms, and custom portraits: https://mega.nz/#F!gFlVkSLI!tXbyoO5rwfUYnb9jf7yVsQ

/vp/'s Mystery Dungeon guides: http://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u

PSMD Wondermail codes: http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-

REMINDER: If you need a rescue, post your region. Due to a few things that make no sense, rescues are region locked. It's shitty, but be sure to mention if you're European or American.
>>
>>31744237
First for not completing yet Zero Isle South and that tower with Arceus' statue.
>>
Anybody want to come up with story scenarios?

>the town in the setting is somewhat more urban, larger, more technologically advanced, and even has walls
>there is a plague spreading that causes a strange sickness that spreads by persistent exposure and its symptoms causes shadowy creatures made of "badness" to step out from the host
>some have retreated into mystery dungeons, hoping to camp out in the maze and avoid the disease
>the disease is not well understood, but it can be fought off, though there is no cure yet
>when you first appear, the guards don't let you in until they thoroughly inspect you to make sure you are clean, then force you to live your first day in quarantine
>partner's dream is to discover plants and other materials to find their medical and culinary uses
>main quest: find a cure
>>
>>31744769
>causes severe changes in host personality creating mentally unstable zombie
>>
>>31745244
>remember that it has to be E-rated, so zombies have to be reversible
>>
>>31745357
provide cure and illness fades
>>
Reminder that you aint shit unless you've beaten ZIS without a balloon
>>
>>31746403
Reminder that I don't give a flying balloon.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 1280x600px
How would you fare in the pmd world as a natural poke?
>>
>>31746403
I bet you used Smoochum
>>
File: HNI_0074.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0074.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>31747789
That was just one run
>>
>>31747438
That looks awful, whoever made that needs to set everything to max quality and then some.
>>
>>31747890
Quality is awful as hell, but aside that, I think the picture is cute.
>>
File: 1462266345921.gif (821B, 46x36px) Image search: [Google]
1462266345921.gif
821B, 46x36px
>>31744769
Still writing up my own story, but the basis is:
>you and your 2 partners are part of an investigation team in a resort town
>you explore mysteries, find missing pokemon/items and arrest outlaws (like explorers, but focus more on outlaws)
>you try to uncover why you're a pokemon and get your memories back
>partners don't know you are human until a certain point
>strange, otherworldly phenomenon seem to happen whenever you're around; a dimensional shift of sorts
>you think it has something to do with a mysterious lock you were found next to when you awakened in a valley
>there's apparently more of these locks, and a myth tied to them
>the myth is about a human who once saved this world but then turned evil and tried to destroy it
>Eventually 1 of your partners thinks you're the bad guy; spreads the word
>town and that partner attempt to kill you; you end up falling off a cliff into the ocean
>other partner and the heads of the investigations bureau don't think its you and try to find you (other partner starts to feel guilty)
>while adrift you find someone who may know what's going on
>turns out they're not only the human from the myth, but also your former partner
>they want to cause a dimensional shift so they can stop being a mon and go home
>the locks are made up of your memories and seal away areas that can cause dimensional shifts (where UBs live)
>>
New announcement when
>>
>>31744739
I was about to do that rescue mission but it says I'm not qualified ;_;
>>
>>31750036
I would read and shill the shit out of this story (if it was well written)
>>
>>31750036

I actually had a similar scenario, but it would either be a non-videogame story or it would have to involve a second human character.

>The intro involves a voice that tells the human how he or she has had a hard life and offers a new one in exchange for fulfilling "something big".
>4-5 characters are introduced. All but one of them have been friends for years. The last one is a recently made friend of unknown origins that has ambitions and wants to form an exploration team, convincing the rest of the group into joining him/her.
>In a faraway town, a mystic becomes fascinated with one of the members. It turns out one of them was once human. That person considers trying to find out about his past.
>The human sees his past and finds out that he was a bad guy. Ashamed of his past evils, he runs away.
>Meanwhile, it turns out that an organization of Pokemon were responsible for summoning the human, and plan on utilizing him to achieve world peace.
>The organization offers a chance of redemption to the human. He takes it.
>The organization is actually a cult that wants to destroy free will in all Pokemon to achieve world peace.
>In the end, their plans are thwarted, thanks to the defiance of the human. However, the human broke the contract and is forced to go back. He has accepted this and is ready to atone.
>Happier ending: The human is anchored to the world so that he doesn't leave thanks to some help from a legendary. He realizes that he is leaving behind many people he has helped and who care about him, but he wants to set things right to make up for what he did wrong in his past life. He works it out with the legendary and is now able to go back-and-forth so that he can do good in both worlds.
>>
Why did Duskull replace Persian, anyway?
>>
>>31754205
Persian probably quit his job after watching Wigglytuff pocket all the money instead
>>
File: tumblr_o98ffq85ii1s9gquyo1_500.png (354KB, 500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o98ffq85ii1s9gquyo1_500.png
354KB, 500x1500px
>>
File: vpmd part 9.png (4MB, 1000x8080px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd part 9.png
4MB, 1000x8080px
sorry for the delay
>>
>>31754491
Many animals with Bayleef's body structure sleep standing
>>
Anybody have a version of PSMD that is playable on citra yet? Can get past the fug by disabling hardware rendering or whatever it was, but then crashed at gabite.

Do you literally just have to turn it off to get past them parts or what? Ive seen guys saves that are like end game.

I need them feels
>>
File: 1456702933450.png (125KB, 473x440px) Image search: [Google]
1456702933450.png
125KB, 473x440px
>>31754744
You have to use someone else's save file.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-savedatafiler-decrypted-saves-here.419638/

Should be this guy's: https://www.mediafire.com/?xaefw84y94sfm2f

Cyndaquil + Riolu. I didn't figure out a way to get gateshark working for the action replay code to change the pokemon species I suspect the addresses for starters and partner are different in Citra as the Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon addresses didn't work for me in cheatengine (the topic is stickied)

You could probably somehow get someone with Homebrew to generate you a custom starter JKSM file from what I'm reading but I dunno if anyone would be willing to. In any case you must disable HW renderer in 80% of cutscenes.

For example, Entei has a specific speech that triggers it and the Dark Matter one has at least three crash points where you need to disable HW renderer.

Regular mission boss battles/monster houses don't seem to crash it at all.

I completed the entire game in Citra but the last Dark Matter boss battle takes at least 8 hours with the HW renderer off.

Please read the rest of this post for information: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/31704999/#31706252

Please make sure that you have a copy of my custom NAND files:
http://a.pomf.cat/ljnhtk.zip

NAND files go in the Citra appdata folder and they come from someone's real 3DS. Citra ROMS: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/14184511/Collection_of_250_decrypted_3DS_ROMs_for_Citra_Emulator
>>
>>31754809
We have saves in the OP and we can RAM edit to change the starters.
I don't know about cheat engine, but have you tried both addresses?
>>
File: 1456961370091.png (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1456961370091.png
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>31754828
iirc I only tried the one address. Not super good at Cheatengine though so the other anon might have more luck.

I'm in postgame anyway and I liked cyndaquil/riolu so I didn't really need a starter change.

For the other anon Citra should be able to use any JKSM save files generated by anons like according to this: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Dumping-Save-Data-from-a-3DS-Console
unless Project Pokemon comes up with a save file editor which would shortcut most of that.

The gateshark cheat codes are here:
http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game1782/?search=&sort=dates&p=2
Infinite money/item modifier seems to work so it's really odd that starter modifiers don't. It requires an old version of Citra to use the cheat codes since the modern Bleeding Edge builds remove the capability. I think Citra Bleeding Edge 83 should have the cheats.

Super Mystery Dungeons takes a fuckload of patience to run on Citra at 5 FPS on long cutscenes because you have to disable the HW renderer or crash. The dungeon ingame runs at about 120 FPS for me though with zero crashes, as smooth as silk.

I think the experience is much better on a 3DS or hacked 3DS all things considered.
>>
>>31754828
Oh I see the custom saves now!
>>
File: 1482463309617.png (353KB, 1130x533px) Image search: [Google]
1482463309617.png
353KB, 1130x533px
>>31754860
Yup the custom saves do also work in Citra.
00174600 is the folder ID for Super Mystery Dungeon and the saves go inside the data\00000001 folder.
>>
>>31754855
By "both addresses" I meant both the ones used by NTR/Gateshark and the old browser exploit by the way, in case it wasn't clear.

>Infinite money/item modifier seems to work so it's really odd that starter modifiers don't.
By this you mean with cheat engine?
Also, after editing the value you need to go to the next floor to see the Pokémon change. Did you do that?
>>
File: 1468357321470.png (209KB, 404x541px) Image search: [Google]
1468357321470.png
209KB, 404x541px
>>31754896
I'm an IDIOT
The gateshark cheat does work but it has the same stipulations as the NTR one → you must go down/up a level!
>>
>>31754896
Thanks anon.
>>
>>31754936
>>31754943
You're welcome!
>>
>>31754945
Just one last stupid question. On the gateshark page the person says this:

1. Bulbasaur
2. Ivysaur
3. Venusaur
4. MEGA Venusaur
5. Charmander
6. Charmeleon
7. Charizard.
8. MEGA Charizard Y
9. MEGA Charizard X
A. Squirtle

Is there a complete list of IDs anywhere or did everyone guess until they got the correct number?
>>
>>31754958
To add to this I just found this list: http://psmd.skyeditor.org/Pokemon
>>
>>31754961
To add to this since treecko is listed as 0x0142 on this page then presumably we modify this cheatcode
10A1316C 00000142
and add the values reflected on http://psmd.skyeditor.org/Pokemon to modify the pokemon to one of our choosing.
>>
>>31754961
>>31754965
Yes, that's the list you need to use
>>
>>31754994
Yup it works perfectly fine. Amazing!
>>
>zero isle south
JUST
>>
>>31755482
>tfw nobody rescued you from ZIS yet
>>
>>31755603
The only reason why I tried to go in there was to see if I could rescue you.
>died at the 12th floor
WELP
>>
>>31755648
Although I hadn't ever gotten up to that floor, just an aside.
>>
>>31755648
O-Oh. I didn't realize. Thanks for at least attempting it.
>>
File: vpmd.png (830KB, 676x851px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd.png
830KB, 676x851px
butt buddy bump
>>
>>31755702
What floor did you die on, anyways?
>>
>>31757168
Same floor as the picture I posted, B80F. Drifblim fainted a turn after that photo was taken.

It's pretty far in.
>>
>>31757199
>actually losing with drifblim

I bet you weren't even using Minimize/Stockpile. Give me the code
>>
>>31757232
If only you'd seen the conditions I was in

>>31741166
>>31741218
>>
>>31754712
Noice
>>
>>31757254
>letting yourself get in that position without orbs
>not being at +10 minimizes

I might save you later
>>
>gained 8 levels in Blizzard Isle trying to get a fucking Sneasal
I'm almost about to start going for a Weavile instead, especially with how long it will take to level
I hate this
>>
>>31744769
>You are summoned to quash a rising threat.
>You are received by a village in a rural area who know about your destiny.
>You have two partners: your official partner, who has befriended you due to his/her curiosity of humans, and your guardian designated by the village, who has sworn his or her life to protect and serve you.
>At first, you are sent out on jobs to forage, investigate, and rescue in the region. You earn the praise of your peers.
>One day, on a mission, plans suddenly change and your guardian leads you far away from home.
>You and your partner are confused at first and just follow him/her, but after going far enough, your guardian confesses that there is an invasion threat, and the rural community is actually a research group that wants to awaken an unstable legendary to fight against the invasion threat. You are supposed to be their ticket to unleashing it.
>You stay in the guardian's former home in a neighboring region. That region has outlaws and more dangerous areas. To makes things worse, foreign populations and native populations are clashing due to the fear that has arisen from rumors of war with a distant region.
>Your partner is a little unsure about the guardian's loyalty and intentions.

That's all I have for now.
>>
File: tumblr_mikw1bKx0f1s1mxlko4_250.gif (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mikw1bKx0f1s1mxlko4_250.gif
9KB, 160x160px
>>
Completely forgot about snow path. Too bad you can't go back to those mini optional dungeons.
>>
>>31750036
It was all pretty cool until the last 3 lines.
You should keep the story nice and simple. It would've been a cool tweest if we had actually read the history of that other human or yourself with that mon as your partner, but it comes totally out of the blue with no reference for readers to get their feels from. Just leave out the whole partners thing, as the implications of that go way too deep, make it only "I'm the humin of that legend and im evel durr", or try to think of something else to progress the story.
>>
>>31760846
If you want comfyness, Mt. Faraway uses the same tileset for first 9 floors.

Rock Path's tileset is used in like 3 other dungeons.
>>
>>31760937
>It would've been a cool tweest if we had actually read the history of that other human or yourself with that mon as your partner, but it comes totally out of the blue with no reference for readers to get their feels from

I don't quite understand what you mean, could you explain?

>make it only "I'm the humin of that legend and im evel durr", or try to think of something else to progress the story.

It'd be too similar to Rescue Team's if I did that though
Unless reverse the usual and make it a normal (evil) pokemon who wants to go to the human world and become human, but that'd need a better explanation as to why some random mon wants to go through all the trouble of doing so...
>>
>>31760846
I didn't go along any of those either.
>>
File: shekleon.jpg (152KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
shekleon.jpg
152KB, 750x750px
Hello explorers, you really shouldnt venture onwards without some orbs and TM's
>>
>>31761494

>I don't quite understand what you mean, could you explain?
I mean it needs backstory to work, probably in the form of a prequel. Just putting things like this that come seemingly out of the blue and have a ton of implications will just confuse people.

>It'd be too similar to Rescue Team's if I did that though
>Unless reverse the usual and make it a normal (evil) pokemon who wants to go to the human world and become human, but that'd need a better explanation as to why some random mon wants to go through all the trouble of doing so...
Well, you could let it be a human, such as youself, just with different experiences in the PMD world. Possibly make the MC empathise with him. That'd be quite a bit more relatable for the reader. Just make sure you at least get him to briefly detail what he's been doing, and why, so that readers can empathise with him.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilVirtues

Keep in mind nothing is wrong about reusing plot points from the games or other existing stories. They worked there, why wouldn't they work here? You're in a completely different setting anyway, so it'll end up being a different story anyway.

What mostly bothers me is the "partners" thing, because that implies they knew eachother, and the MC was sort of the "trainer" or at least friend of that mon back when MC was human, and MC just didn't know. That'd work, again, if you were just trying to tie this story to a prequel of sorts, but without that, it comes out of the blue.
>>
File: 606Beheeyem_PSMD.png (115KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
606Beheeyem_PSMD.png
115KB, 358x310px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>31765200
Possessed by (me)
>>
>>31765715
What did he meme by this?
>>
>>31757254
You might as well just restart. I'd try to rescue but some shit's been getting in the way. Keep warp/pure seeds on hand
>>
File: vpmd-10.png (4MB, 1000x8915px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd-10.png
4MB, 1000x8915px
bump

Daily reminder that /vpmd/ starts each night after 7pm.

Here's part 10.
>>
>>31770259
>daily reminder
This is the first I'm hearing of it. No wonder I always wake up to the end of the thread.
>>
>>31770259
Except for tonight. Vpmd guy won't be doing tonight.
>>
>>31771232
Will be back tomorrow tho.
>>
File: 53865307_p4.png (400KB, 700x489px) Image search: [Google]
53865307_p4.png
400KB, 700x489px
>>
>>31773481
Cute.
>>
raid bump
>>
File: 1482290143549.png (227KB, 518x331px) Image search: [Google]
1482290143549.png
227KB, 518x331px
>>31774126
What rai-
>>
Is battling half as complex as it is in the main games?
Which games do I skip?
>>
>>31774253
It's more complicated. Each attack has different coverage in this game, there's also an accuracy modifier for attacks and move power is upgraded by usage.

SMD has emeras (which are like bracelets with attack boosts you can slot in) and Sky has IQ (raising intelligence by gummies has ability boosts).
>>
>>31774253
If by complex you mean frustrating then yes, every move has 75% accuracy or lower.
>>
>>31774253
also just play all of the games, the main focus of the game are dungeons and the story, and every game has a pretty interesting story, so you should play them all.
>>
>>31774253
>which games do I skip?
Adventure Squad (unlocalized WiiWare with a barebones fan translation) and Explorers of Time/Darkness (Explorers of Sky is the definitive version). It's also preferable to play Blue Rescue Team over Red RT because of dual screen functionality and a better quality soundtrack but Red is fine too if your device of choice can't emulate DS games properly.

Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Sky, Gates to Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon are the ones you want to play (in that order which is by release date).
>>
File: Still the best.png (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Still the best.png
74KB, 1280x720px
>>31774253
Pokemon that you'd never feel threatened by in the mainline can fuck your ass hard in pmd.
>>
>>31775032
The stories are all more competently written than the mainline games.
>>
>>31775063
Is gates that good to follow or should i just play for plot?
>>
>>31775427
I say just play for the plot. In my opinion it's got probably the worst "game" part of a game in the series. Not that there weren't some good things it did. Base building was neat but only being able to accept one mission at a time horribly slowed down progression. Mysteriosity was cool but you never see it until after the game is over. Gifting for recruits was a good idea but you don't really use it all that much because by the time the story is over you've already recruited almost ever base form Pokémon at least once (in my experience at least). It just feels like such a small game but the story is up to par.
>>
>>31775427
story, yes, it's pretty great, gameplay?, is rough and slow.

>>31775426
ok, thanks for stating the obvious.

>>31775352
Everything with earthquake, uproar, magnitude and hydropump, especially if you're in a big room and far from that pokemon.
>>
File: arino screwed.jpg (36KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
arino screwed.jpg
36KB, 704x400px
>>31775612
>enter room
>enemy with Silver Wind/Ominous Wind
>paired with Agility user
>>
>>31775658
they're the only reason i keep a pound wand in my bag
>>
>>31775689
>pound wand
>>
File: 01145545321.jpg (112KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
01145545321.jpg
112KB, 500x446px
>>31773605
Sure is
>>
File: delet this.jpg (120KB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
120KB, 480x369px
>>31775916
>>
File: no.png (112KB, 720x255px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
112KB, 720x255px
bump
>>
>>31777146
This isn't how I remember part 11
>>
>>31777146
>>31778174
No, that's about right
>>
>>31775916
Sad
>>
Why is super mystery dungeon so boring. I've beaten the first two bosses and the game still feels like it's going no where. Wake up go to school watch a cutscene maybe do a mission and repeat. Does it get better /vp/?
>>
>>31780126
It's not boring it's comfy . You have to enjoy the dialogue and the general feel of Serene Village to appreciate it. You're going to be bombarded by story after a certain point though so look forward to that if you aren't enjoying the now.
>>
>>31780126
>Why is explorers of sky so boring. I've beaten the first two bosses and the game still feels like it's going no where. Wake up watch a cutscene maybe do a mission and repeat. Does it get better /vp/?
That's the good part of the story, actually.
>>
File: 1470757348289.jpg (21KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
1470757348289.jpg
21KB, 672x434px
>>31750036
>>partner doesn't know you are human until a certain point

>partner finds out from one of the villains that you are human while you're away
>villains pull all sorts of persuasion and get them mad
>partner confronts you as a boss later on
>>
>>31754712
Is there a booru or something for the rest of these?
>>
>>31780538
https://imgur.com/a/7TfUl
>>31748834 and >>31761198 don't have compilations yet, but I'm working on that right now. Part 11's being really difficult to compile into one image.
>>
>>31780576
>spoiler
;_;
I've learned my lesson though. No more puzzle rooms
>>
>>31780698
where the fuck is the new thread
>>
>>31781152
Patience, my good anon. Thread will be up around 7 est
>>
General consensus on hardest pmd?
General consensus on pmd with best story and characters?
>>
>>31781836
Aight, well my laptop decided to just massively shit itself so maybe no thread tonight
>>
>>31783086
super
gti here, sky elsewhere
>>
>>31783086
>hardest
I guess Super? Maybe Rescue Team? Explorers and Gates are the easiest but the other two aren't exactly difficult.

>consensus on best story and characters
It's really hard to tell. You've got people who still say Explorers has the best everything but there's been a surge of people praising Gates to Infinity's story and characters but that's really only been happening here.
>>
I wish double abilities were back
>>
File: p05.jpg (553KB, 1280x1035px) Image search: [Google]
p05.jpg
553KB, 1280x1035px
>>31744237

I finished Super Mystery Dungeon, including the post-story.

It's mostly griding from then on, so I'm starting Gates to Infinity.
I heard not all pokemon are available in this game, not including X and Y.
Like Buneary, Charmander, or Anorith.
>>
>>31783185
Explorer's plot was really interesting, but it had a couple stupid inclusions like the Dimensional Scream which only exists to smooth over plot gaps, Team Skull which only existed to create early-game conflict, or the Relic Fragment which only exists to make your partner relevant. The secondary characters in Explorers, especially the guild members, felt fairly one-dimensional too with emphasis placed on their own particular verbal tic.

Gates had a strong story with less BS than Explorers had, but more importantly had a great cast of developed characters whose motivations and feelings you could actually care about.

While Explorers is easily the better game overall, Gates really feels like it has a better story to me.
>>
>>31784260
I wish explorers had a more polished postgame because everything feels rushed even in sky. The darkrai part could be half the main games lenght for example.
>>
>>31784260
How would you rewrite it? I would've at least changed the partner's personality. What would be interesting is to see what the alternate timeline contained.
>>
vpmd anon needs to start linking his threads in here
>>
File: image.png (201KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
201KB, 800x533px
A day late, but still.
Would you give a valentine to your current ingame partner?
>>
>>31787176
I'd totally give mine a valentine and/or a sky gift if I still wasn't awaiting rescue
>>
Never mind, I give up.
>>
>>31784232
Only 144 Pokémon are available AND recruitable. Most of them are from gen 5.
>>
How would you rewrite Explorers of Sky?
>>
>>31788659
delete apple woods
>>
>>31788659
I don't know what to spoiler and what not to spoiler so sorry if someone gets spoiled by something I neglected
>Put the post-game events involving Darkrai before all the stuff like Aegis Cave.
>make Darkrai a shitmon so that he csn be properly disposed of. There's no trace of his actions and he doesn't remember doing them. In his mind he literally did nothing wrong. That's not a punishment. Literally, punishment doesn't work when the recipient doesn't know what they did wrong.
>don't make the post-game story's twist so obvious (ie, don't shove the phase of the moon in my face. Literally get shown it three times in five minutes, totally ruined it )
>halfway through the game (or earlier, even better!) the partner realizes they are strong so we aren't still hearing about how weak they think they are as far into the game as the ending
>cut out 3/4 of the flashbacks
>remove the Dimensional Scream or severely cut back on it's use via restrictions like "temporarily makes time super unstable" or something like that
>let us fight Team Skull at the Groudon statue
>allude to Darkrai during the main game and work up to his reveal
>considering Darkrai's significance I think the final battle should have been more grand with more than just Cresselia tagging along. At the very least, it's personal to the main characters and the guild could have come as well.
>does anything actually happen between Drowzee and Dusknoir's betrayal ? I feel like that part of the game could just not exist or be replaced and we wouldn't lose anything of value.

The special episodes were mostly great. I only have one major gripe:
>Everyone at the end of episode 5 dies. Grovyle's message is shown on a black screen with flashes of images showing his gold sparkles being scattered across the land. Message on the wind, right?
>>
>>31789021
I agree with everything you've said except
>I feel like that part of the game could just not exist or be replaced and we wouldn't lose anything of value.
and maybe Darkrai not being punished
>>
>>31789021
>Everyone at the end of episode 5 dies. Grovyle's message is shown on a black screen with flashes of images showing his gold sparkles being scattered across the land. Message on the wind, right?
I actually liked that Grovyle and the others lived, why is that always an issue?
>>
>>31789098
I genuinely could only remember the stuff involving Team Skull between those two points and those buffoons lead to no new developments as far as I can recall. I forgot about meeting Grovyle and finding the Time Gear(s?).

>>31789255
Because of the scene that happens. It would be fine if they got there and things were just fine without all the drama. The bad guys working with the good guys for a greater cause and then having them fade away together as equals was a good thing they had going. I was crying all the way through the scene until it suddenly just reversed itself. Characters stopped existing only to get revived on the spot a minute later. They were just fine even after they had resigned themselves to a fate they knew (or thought) they couldn't avoid. And they didn't even have the decency to go back in time and tell the main characters they're okay so that they stop worrying, but that's getting into rewrite territory rather than simply stating my problem with it.
>>
>>31786596
>>31788659
Some things are tough to fix. The dimensional scream was basically used as a way for the protagonists to figure out what was going on without spending any actual time or effort to do it. On a case by case basis you would have to find ways for the characters to discover that information. I don't even remember all the instances where it was used off the top of my head.

The guild member's lack of development is a bit of a writing issue. They along with many pokemon in the town tend to just react to whatever the protagonists have done last and and set you up for what you do next and it prevents them from having a lot of depth. I think this may have been a design choice made to limit dialogue, but it may have hurt the game overall. Gates has a ton of dialogue, but it really let them flesh out the characters in a way the previous games couldn't do. Each of the important cast members had their own ambitions, hopes, and fears. I think even the townsfolk in Gates seemed more developed than the guild members did. Fixing this would require giving the guild more plot relevance and screen-time than they actually get as well as probably rewriting a lot of their dialogue. It might've been worthwhile to have individual guild members accompany you on missions during the training period at the guild, giving them some one-on-one time with the protagonists to display some character.

>>31789021
The ending really ruined episode 5 for me. It was the perfect bittersweet ending and this time they didn't have to magically fix it so that the game could continue on because the character's role in the story was completely wrapped up. I get mad just thinking about it.
>>
>>31789021
>let us fight Team Skull at the Groudon
Dont agree, the fact you never fight them is a good buildup to brine cave, i liked that chatot did my job
>don't shove the phase of the moon in my face
Shit i never realized
>>
>>31787107
Already kinda feel like I'm hijacking these threads away from actual pmd stuff whenever I talk about my threads :/
>>
>>31790302
>post 125 in a 4 day old thread

You can't derail an idle thread.
>>
desu I'd join Wigglytuff's guild
>>
File: cherish your special doggo.png (15KB, 559x560px) Image search: [Google]
cherish your special doggo.png
15KB, 559x560px
>>31787176
Of course!
>>
>>31788659
>cut out most of the flashbacks
>replace Dimensional Scream with actual thinking:
-They find out Drowzee is an outlaw when your partner decides to check the outlaw board so that he or she will know what to expect if they decide to catch one someday.
-they peek around the falls to find that there is a cave on the other side
-Crystal Crossing's and Quicksand Cave's location are told to you by Uxie
-You from the future, before becoming a Pokemon, had to find the Time Gears and take them manually to their whereabouts to find out what location they were in. The Time Gears make a weak reaction when in the vicinity of its original location.
>you kinda get revenge on Team Skull at the Groudon statue by a fight

Guild member character development would be nice, but they don't seem to be designed to be important. They seem to exist as filler to show that the guild isn't tiny and empty.
>>
>>31790974
>>31789605
>>31784260
Are we in agreement that the special episodes were at least consistently well written though
>>
>>31788659
Remove apple woods and aegis cave
Remove all the "5 seconds ago" flashbacks
Make the Darkrai stuff last a bit longer
Give Corphish a point.
>>
>>31791137
Corphish exists to be the bro of the group since he's usually the one who's the most reasonable

also apple woods is a fine addition and I would instead give more depth to team skull
>>
>>31787176
But my partner's a boy
>>
>>31791183
And?
>>
File: heck off.png (24KB, 205x280px) Image search: [Google]
heck off.png
24KB, 205x280px
>>31791250
what do you mean "and?"
>>
File: vpmd_Ron_Potter_and_Oshawott.jpg (89KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd_Ron_Potter_and_Oshawott.jpg
89KB, 800x600px
>>31791183
>he doesn't make unwanted sexual advances to his partner
>>
>>31791312
delete this
>>
>>31791290
You know exactly what I mean.
>>
>>31791183
even better
>>
>>31791336
>>31791495
partner is not for the sexual
>>
>>31791504
Nice try vpmd anon
>>
>>31791504
i agree
love is not sexual
>>
File: 1391538011930.jpg (78KB, 380x408px) Image search: [Google]
1391538011930.jpg
78KB, 380x408px
>>31791532
>>31791529
>>
>>31791610
>he doesn't love his partner
>>
File: What_is_wrong_with_you.png (103KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
What_is_wrong_with_you.png
103KB, 256x256px
>>31791610
better quality
>>
>>31792109
Is Emolga the most expressive character? I don't remember any other portraits standing out to me as much as his.
>>
Are there any mystery dungeon games outside of pokemon that you guys like?
I'd ask for a rescue, but all my pictures come out over the file size limit.
>>
>>31792526
I've been (slowly) playing and enjoying Shiren.
>>
Startin, for those who want to join
>>31793532
>>
>>31793596
I would, but I still have to catch up
Hopefully there's going to be more
>>
>>31744237
How different is sky from time/darkness?
>>
>>31793782
The main plot doesn't vary significantly, but It has some new items, and special episodes.
>>
>>31793782
if you have access to sky, there's no point in playing T/D
>>
>>31793616
if it helps, we barely made any progress last thread. Just KOed the minions.
>>
>>31793827
I already played Darkness before sky came out. Is Sky worth it?
>>
>>31790302
All I can say is please post more often since I only really read this thread and missing VPMD is a very common thing for me. I only manage to slightly keep up due to screencap anon but even that's not enough.
>>
>>31793993
The only thing you'd really be missing out on is the special episodes, but you could probably just download a save file with them unlocked and play through them in an emulator.
>>
>>31794029
and the shaymin thing and spinda's
>>
File: 1483637541909.png (182KB, 885x724px) Image search: [Google]
1483637541909.png
182KB, 885x724px
>>
>>31796800
qt.
>>
File: 1448305132751.jpg (230KB, 400x713px) Image search: [Google]
1448305132751.jpg
230KB, 400x713px
>>
>>31796800
I can't wait for every Monster House to have a Pyukumuku just to fuck with room sweepers
>>
File: 1479400409682.png (115KB, 327x333px) Image search: [Google]
1479400409682.png
115KB, 327x333px
>>31799587
What?
>>
File: 1480055013015.jpg (86KB, 559x938px) Image search: [Google]
1480055013015.jpg
86KB, 559x938px
>>31799587
Holy shit
>>
>>31799626
Innards Out
>>
File: Zero Isle South.png (32KB, 491x370px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Isle South.png
32KB, 491x370px
Can anybody rescue me? I'm in Zero Isle South B14F.
>>
>>31800020
>14f

buddy if you died that early you may as well reevaluate your entire plan
>>
>>31800031
>bring a drifblim to ZIS
>get popped by an electric move
>>
>>31800086
shoulda minimized
>>
What up pmd peeps
>>
Has anyone actually made a proper pmd fangame that wasn't just a mainline game rom hack?
>>
>>31802004
no, though some people are trying
also we don't mention THAT game ever
>>
>>31802351
>>31802351
rescue rangers!!!!

anyway fangame making anons: we have to gather and work together... probably.
>>
File: rescue rangers.png (631KB, 2152x2232px) Image search: [Google]
rescue rangers.png
631KB, 2152x2232px
>>31802351
>we
>>
>>31802403
There's a guy working on one. Occasionally posts his work on the random dungeon generator.
>>
>>31802611
>MD was hardcoded
Because the game crashes when a character does some animation it shouldnt do right? Thats odd

>hell legendary fakemon
Hahah holy shit.
>>
>>31789363
I actually assumed that they were just brought into the "main" timeline, which is why they're present in Super.
>>
File: 1466043314576.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
1466043314576.png
307KB, 815x608px
>>>/v/367630918
>>
>>31802903
I regret reading that thread.
>>
>>31802867
Right, and that's not necessarily wrong. I was just saying from my point of view at the time of completion that's what it looked like. I just wish they didn't try to do a sad and happy ending and just decided on one or the other.

The main stories' endings have the same problem.
>>
>>31803448
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that the ending was a copout that took away from the game. I just wanted to state my headcanon.
>>
File: vpmd part 11.png (4MB, 1000x9870px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd part 11.png
4MB, 1000x9870px
>>31801535
yo

This took forever to get within filesize AND image size limits and I had to use some extensive cropping, but it should still resemble the original thread
>>
>>31803754
I love the hint menu.
>>
>>31803587
(Another guy)

I would've rewrote the story so that when you disappear, you actually come right back. This is because, in my headcanon, the human is not native to this world not unlike in Rescue and Gates, and since nothing changed where the human was, the human was going to go right in anyways.

There are several things that need to be addressed, however:
>But the PC cannot be human on-screen.
You get turned back into a Pokemon deliberately by a legendary, either by surprise or in advance, which could be Dialga. Could be portrayed in first person-ish.
>The PC doesn't have his/her memories. Even if the PC gets told them, the PC still has to take time to regain his/her skills.
Dialga or some legendary can give him/her the memories. Data can be replicated as long as it was done before its original medium ceases to exist. Even then, the land doesn't forget recent things easily, so reconstructing adequate memories could be done.
>Why did the human come?
Perhaps there was a call-out before the tower fully collapsed.
>>
>>31803978
I always thought one thing that really needed rewriting was the how the Time Gears and time stopping really worked. One notion I played with was that the Time Gears were a fail-safe (like the relic fragment) and it would be revealed Pokemon in the future carry shards from the Time Gears with them as protection. In this canon, the Time Gears would actually protect time near them, but, after years of use they started to wear down. In the interest of fixing the problem teams were sent out (such as Dusknoir and your team). Only difference is Dusknoir joined Dialga when he learned what would happen if the past were fixed.
>>
>>31804309
Sounds interesting.

I had a similar revision where the Time Gears acted differently. The Time Gears can actually be reactivated and activated anywhere, which creates a bubble of restored time where activated in the future. Outside of those bubbles, only living things and anything that interacts with them can move.
The human character doesn't have the Dimensional Scream, but does get taught on how to unlock and use his/her innate psychic powers by a psychic Pokemon attuned to tracking the gears (some humans in Pokemon are psychic in canon, but for me almost all humans are capable of psychic abilities to some degree). Those psychic powers not only help him/her track the gears' original locations, but also predict living danger.

I wonder if I should keep notes on my ideas, even though I don't plan on writing them. Hopefully someone with talent will consider them.
>>
File: Layton_solves_a_puzzle.gif (85KB, 500x190px) Image search: [Google]
Layton_solves_a_puzzle.gif
85KB, 500x190px
>>31803754
You did it! Love the layton hint boxes. Thank you screencap anon I love you
>>
File: 1473997287333.png (625KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473997287333.png
625KB, 1200x960px
>>
>>31803754
The layton hint boxes are a nice addition, though I still say that Dunsparce was completely innocent.
>>
>>31806991
Adorable.
>>
shit, forgot to post
>>31806250

>>31807018
Dunsparce was one of three trap spots on the map, including grimer and ekans. We didn't actually get to any of those spots, so I only kind of alluded to it through Osha and Oddish's dialogue that the swamp pokemon had turned feral, dunsparce included. It was just that we spent most of our time after the puzzle room rolling in mud and sex fighting with Wooper. Also had to introduce Croagunk since she was supposed to join the party and by the time all that happened, we were almost done for the night, and ron was stuck eating a grimer, so I had to hurry up and rush through the rest of the room.
>>
File: 1448482002301.png (327KB, 568x494px) Image search: [Google]
1448482002301.png
327KB, 568x494px
>>
File: 1276551598382.png (26KB, 130x146px) Image search: [Google]
1276551598382.png
26KB, 130x146px
I heard some vaguely good things about those last story bits of Sky, but dammit I didn't actually expect it to get to me.

How's the postgame? Blue's postgame turned me off completely because of too many traps plus small inventory and it seems Sky fixed both those issues.
>>
>>31810661
>I didn't actually expect it to get to me.
I was like, a stupid Pokemon game can't possibly get to me.
Famous last words.
>>
>>31809413
kek
>>
>>31810661
There's more story after the credits
>>
>>31811888

AUUughghhhh DONT REMIND ME

PSMD's good in that department, though
>>
File: 1424739618711.png (181KB, 937x937px) Image search: [Google]
1424739618711.png
181KB, 937x937px
>>31809413
More memes
>>
I would like it if PMD (or, hell, even the main game) gave hints as to who this mysterious lone human is and where they came from. Maybe they dropped in from an Ultra Wormhole
>>31780461
>You train your partner up to its highest potential and give it the best moves available
>You now have to fight your partner
After having had my partner kill me while I was a decoy, I can say with certainty that that boss would be fucking awesome
>>
>>31802903
>>31803017
what's so bad about it? I read the first few posts. Does it become "main games are better everything else is shit"?
Main games are overrated and haven't been improving since Crystal/RS anyway.
>>
>>31814400
I agree, somewhat. The mystery dungeon games keep me interested.
>>
File: vpmd part 12.png (4MB, 1000x8840px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd part 12.png
4MB, 1000x8840px
-
>>
>>31814400
I agree. I don't even bother buying the main games anymore.
>>
I'm almost done with my emmulator of emerald and PMD seems to get some love here. Which one should I try first?
>you now remember little you playing PMD demo in the nintendo store and didn't think much of it
>>
>>31817149
The first one. Red or blue.
>>
>>31817149
>pmd gets some love in the pmd general

Start with Red or Blue, Blue if possible. They're the same game but Blue is on the DS. After that if you want more go for sky.
>>
>>31817149
Start with Rescue Team, then move to Explorers of Sky, then consider Adventure Squad and Gates to Infinity and finally play Super.

Was it the Time/Darkness demo?
>>
>>31817250
I'm not sure it was such a long time ago.

For those of you recommending I did find red on the site I'm using the emulate emerald, so I might try that out. Also got the file in the OP.
>>
>>31817149
I would suggest to start with whatever you want except Gates.
Recue Team okay and it is were it started
Sky has the best content and it is a feel trip, just like RT
Super has the best gameplay but the story and the content are meh(still the one I like the most)
Gates has great characters but that is all it got
>>
>>31817641
I actually thought GtI would be a good one to start with. Since it doesn't have as much content as the other games it might not feel as disappointing if it's your first one. Then, well, you'd need to get used to RT's inferior controls, but that's the only con I see.
>>
>>31817149
I loved sky.

>>31817304
Just download the frigging emulator.
>>
>>31819622
boop
>>
File: 1278973954086.png (360KB, 547x557px) Image search: [Google]
1278973954086.png
360KB, 547x557px
>Piloswine in snow makes me waste all my reviver seeds because I can't fucking hit it
>the second they're all gone I don't miss on any of them anymore
>>
What was the point of the Mc being human in Super?
>>
>>31821175
What was the point of the Mc being human in Explorers?
>>
>>31821259
What's the point of being human?
>>
File: 1486600811639.png (138KB, 791x948px) Image search: [Google]
1486600811639.png
138KB, 791x948px
>>31822880
>>
>>31821175
There's only this one thing that is to open the dome over the water at revelation mt., but even then it's not that humans are special, it's only that you, the ancient human was the one who locked the waters in first place
>>
My 2DS died within the year and took my Gates run.

Should I pick up a new 2DS and jailbreak it, wait to see if the Switch gets jailbroken, or wait for Citra?
>>
>>31823897
Citra is basically fully functional except those devs probably can't fix all those crashes because of weird texture size.
>>
So apparently, critical hit rate has two oversights in Rescue Team. Karate Chop has regular crit rate instead of increased, and ThunderShock has that of most multi-hitting moves instead of regular one.
>>
>>31823897
>jailbreak it
I think you should stick with spoofing at pokemon go

Now for real, just buy another 2DS and hack it, 2DS are cheap and you can carry them everywhere, and once you hack it you will have a fuckton of other games that you can play right away.
Also how strong is your computer, for what i remember Citra will only run good if you're using a computer which has a processor with a strong main core, since it will only use that main core and ignore the others.
>>
>>31825841
Karate Chop was probably to stop Machop from absolutely tearing shit up from the get-go.
>>
File: wew.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>burn does not reduce Attack in Rescue Team
Huh.
>>31826632
>razor leaf can hit from distance
>is learned even earlier than karate chop by starters
>still not nerfed
Why is Grass so shit
>>
>>31826995
Burn in RT/Explorers was worthless. Dealt little damage and only once every like 30 steps
>>
>>31821175
>>31821259
>>31822880
So is Gates the only game where the human factor is relevant?

Would have been dope if you got to meet some of the other humans before they were hunted down and murdered by Munna's cult
>>
>>31828884
RT too
>>
>>>/tg/51766160
>>
>>31828884
I'd say in EoS you being a hummin says something about how desperate things were in badend future, that they TPed a dude/tte from other world to even have a shot at fixing stuff

I think dropping hoomin aspect and replacing it with some kind of special blood heritage would be fun, at least once
>>
Are poison and burn doomed to forever be useless to the player?
>>
>>31830722
Most status is underpowered when you use it

Poison/Burn: Barely any damage dealt
Paralyze: Ends right away
Freeze: Cant hit target
>>
>>31830722
I have lost count of the times I died because of poison.
>>
>>31744739
wat
>>
>>
>>31831697
>>31831445
fucks sake I am screwing up all kinds of shit tonight
>>
>>31829531
I don't think the human in EoS was from the human world, did they ever mentioned that he was?
>>
>>31834338
Where else would he be from?
>>
>>31834393
He could've just be born in that universe, for all that we know in the Explorer's universe humans exist but are as rare as legendaries.
>>
File: victory.jpg (101KB, 724x1015px) Image search: [Google]
victory.jpg
101KB, 724x1015px
>>31796800
I want a new Mystery Dungeon already just so I can have a cute Pyukumuku partner! When?
>>
>>31834338
>did they ever mentioned that he was?
No. It's one of the more confusing questions the series probably is never going to answer since that future doesn't exist anymore. If a future game were to somehow ended up in that future it wouldn't make any sense so we may never find out why a human was in that future.

Or you can just assume that they were summoned but like I said nothing in the game says they were.
>>
>>31834415
Eventually
>>
>>31834415
less than 2 years left
>>
I'm surprised no one has made a "Rip and Tear" edit of Ron Potter the Tepig yet. Should I go to a drawthread?
>>
>>31835778
Do whatever you want. You don't have to ask for permission.
>>
>>31835778
>>31835853
Beat you to the punch
>>
Would you prefer

Gen 7 expansion of super
Or
New gen 7 pmd that might be gates tier
>>
>>31836164
Depends if the gen 7 game has gate tier story as well.
Not that they'd ever do an expansion.
>>
>>31836164
Does it have Gates Tier story as well? If so, I'd rather have that instead of an expansion, unless the expansion somehow patches up the story real well while also improving gameplay further, but the story is difficult to salvage without retconning.
>>
>>31836181
Lets say its gates tier in every aspect, the good and the bad
>>
Since they aren't going to be pulling the multiple cartridges thing anymore,

They should just make a whole new story.

I still wonder what led to the weird difficulty and the huge spike in darkness in the last third of the game. Did the writers mix up their story papers?
>>
>>31836384
It's more like they took papers from Rescue Team, Explorers, and Gates and tried to tie them together without giving any real thought to the full picture.
>>
>>31836441
Now that they got that out of their system, I'll be waiting for whatever new game they pull out for the Switch.
>>
Good Pmd comics?
>>
>>31836164
I feel like a lot of the assets they'd need for a gen 7 game are already there, so there's really no reason they'd do a half assed one, but who knows
>>
>>31836164
new gen 7 game
and I know it's impossible for it to be GtI tier because they always recycle everything they can
>>
>>31836891
Victory Fire
http://victoryfire.smackjeeves.com/comics/1438265/page-000-this-is-a-story-from-long-ago/

Blue Rescue Team
http://xofks12.deviantart.com/art/PMD-Comic-Blue-Rescue-Team-1-1-581896821

PMD: RAD
http://pmd-rad.smackjeeves.com/comics/1744766/chapter-one-tasks-and-meetings/

Adventures of Team Sunflower
http://adventuresofteamsunflower.smackjeeves.com/comics/2353222/adventures-of-team-sunflower-cover/
>>
>>31838597
I want to add:

Tales of Elysium
http://www.ssp-comics.com/comics/toe/?page=1
>>
>>31838597
>>31838893
Eh, why not. Lemme add some to the pile

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Mitigation
http://pmd-m.smackjeeves.com/
Starts really edgy, but becomes enjoyable after a bit. Look out for general edgyness and fakemons.

PMD: Team Hero
http://mamatad.deviantart.com/art/1-01-PMD-Team-Hero-494752575
It's either really forgettable, hasn't gotten anywhere in 4 chapters or just updates too slowly. In any case, can't say much about it.

PMD: Lost Galaxy
http://pmdlostgalaxy.smackjeeves.com/comics/2383080/pmdlg-chapter-1-page34/
Hasn't gotten anyware, nor updated in a while.

Pokemon: Rising shadows
http://risingshadows.smackjeeves.com/comics/2381074/020/
Drawing style sucks, gets progressively better. Bad jokes with a tad of cringe, but generally enjoyable.

Explorers of Souls
http://honrupi.deviantart.com/art/Explorers-of-Souls-Cover-458498989
Deviantart-tier humor. Hasn't gotten anywhere yet, latest pages finally look like they're doing something. Updates slow.

Hope in Friends
http://zander-the-artist.deviantart.com/art/Hope-In-Friends-Cover-1-596444478
Same shit as Explorers of Souls except worse drawn and it will never get anywhere.

I've withheld one because it's even worse in all aspects compared to the last two. All the good ones except Mitigation and possibly Rising Shadows were already mentioned.
>>
>>31834415
You'll get a new PMD but Pyukumuku won't be playable
>>
>ginseng in Japanese version is named after Catechin, some chemical compound
if it's a drug in either meaning of this word then i am fucking done
why are they calling stat boosters after these
>>31830813
>poison
>barely any damage
bad poison is still poison
>>
>>31842635
Bad poison/poison, either way if you inflict it on an enemy it's not doing much, especially if it gets KO'd by the poison damage. If that happens you can say goodbye to any exp
>>
File: 169.jpg (321KB, 565x978px) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
321KB, 565x978px
It's not a roguelike without having death messages. Though not all of these are related to failure or death.

There is also one for befriending Mew that is not listed here.
>>
>>31842788
>was transformed into an item
That's probably the best one
>>
vpmd guy when
>>
>>31844690
Said he might take the night off for planning.
>>
>>31844690
30 seconds after your post, he made this >>31844692, so that answers it.
>>
>>31842788
>>31843168
I miss the Itemizer Orb was a great source of apples. The dojo is the best place to use them because it comes with zero risk.
>>
File: 54891916.png (39KB, 159x163px) Image search: [Google]
54891916.png
39KB, 159x163px
>>31845591
>I miss the Itemizer Orb was a great source of apples.
I'm concerned...
>>
>>31846939
My bet is that he's playing Super Mystery Dungeon.
>>
So uh, I don't quite get the accuracy in moves list.

Is the first one "will his move hit" and the second "will this move work?"

I mean, Perish Song has 100/15, which explains as to why, even though it hits, it usually doesn't do anything to the target.
>>
>>31849094
It explains it a bit at the beginning. Seems like you've got the right idea though the first value is only used for damaging moves.
>>
>>31849409
I've tried reading it but I still don't understand.

Does that mean Sand Attack hits and then flips a coin to see if it actually reduced accuracy? Doesn't that miss the point of it?
>>
>>31849427
I think it would use the second value to determime whether Sand Attack would hit and then reduce accuracy if it does.
And if you used a damaging move it would have to pass both accuracy checks to land
>>
>>31849544
>damaging move would have to pass both accuracy checks
does that mean damaging moves are less likely to land???
>>
>>31848056
what i mean is that the fact that this game let you turn pokemon into apples an eat them.
>>
>>31849617
I guess, though a lot of them have 100% for the second value so it doesn't matter for them.
>>
>>31849732
If UPC is right, in Rescue Team the only attacking moves that do NOT have 100/125 on second value are OHKO moves (everything else is status/other). This is more often in Explorers.

This means that in Explorers, Fury Swipes has effectively 41.25% to hit.

now all we need is to datamine Gates and Super and know how it works there unless somebody already datamined them
>>
>>31849674
It's even more disturbing when all the pokemon inside the dojo are volunteers from the village.
>>
>>31849674
Feels Majin Buu
>>
>>31849674
>>31849986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LleEAhm8efY
>>
>>31850747
>turn recruit into food
>turn it back into a pokemon
>it joins
>>
>>31850747
>the shit a partner has to put with
>>
>>31850747
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h_t-_ZN6gI
what is this
how did he insert smeargle into the wall
did he use mobile orb
i don't read moon runes,help
>>
>>31850817
IQ skill maybe?
>>
>>31850581
The main boss in the next PMD game is going to be a Majin Buu like character where you gotta enter its brain and free all the Pokemon.
>>
>>31850794
>Thanks!, you've fulfilled my dream of being an apple!, let me join you!
>>
File: 11005492030.jpg (41KB, 267x299px) Image search: [Google]
11005492030.jpg
41KB, 267x299px
>>31850747
>>31850794
>>31851009
>>
>>31850747
Wot is this magic
>>
>>31791183
>he doesn't give his bros valentines

what kind of sorry excuse for a friend are you?
>>
>>31854876
>>
File: vpmd part 15.png (4MB, 1000x8100px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd part 15.png
4MB, 1000x8100px
bumping with a new screencap

I actually thought of using this in the current thread to get a free command, but I'm not too creative with commands myself. Plus I'd feel dirty for bypassing the system when so many others can't.
>>
>>31855895
aw you should make a request sometime! I think it's justified for all the hard work you put in making these! It would have been a huuuge pain in the ass going back and redrawing the village for this part if not for your screencaps! Thank you again <3
>>
>You'll never be turned into a apple against your will
>You'll never be stuffed into the item bag just like any other worthless item
>You'll never feel your partner's sharp teeth piece your new apple flesh
>Why even live
>>
>>31856500
Well okay, I guess I'll still consider it. Never know when a free get will come in handy.
and again, you're welcome
>>
>>31858033
Really stimulates the organs
>>
File: 1478212135978.png (201KB, 680x693px) Image search: [Google]
1478212135978.png
201KB, 680x693px
>>31858033
>>
>>31858033
>Adam's apple
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrLgxooOQwA

>that moment when hydreigon literally flies out of the screen (with 3d turned on), looking at you, just to say "hmm".
>this whole cutscene
>4th wall obliterated
>pulling your heartstrings this hard when you refuse to go back (after the black screen it goes to the title screen, which is omitted from this video)
This is true art. ;-;
>>
>>31859437
I don't normally play with the 3d on but of course I had it on when he pulled that stunt. Scared the living fuck out of me.
>>
File: 1431758185454.jpg (221KB, 878x604px) Image search: [Google]
1431758185454.jpg
221KB, 878x604px
Holehills was a fun spin on the traditional fugitives segment
>>
File: 1435186598056.png (2KB, 176x48px) Image search: [Google]
1435186598056.png
2KB, 176x48px
>>
>>31864747
>not perish song hitting
>>
>>31853058
Action replay, I fucking love all the neat dummied-out moves and orb moves you can teach your Pokemon, it's crazy.
>>
heya, sorry to hijack again, but no vpmd tonight. I only just got home and I am just so much asleep right now.
>>
>>31865689
Well, I wouldn't call it good news, but it's nice that I have more time to catch up with screencaps now
>>
File: 1474432459133.jpg (681KB, 1050x1359px) Image search: [Google]
1474432459133.jpg
681KB, 1050x1359px
>>31859437
>partner wakes up the next morning not knowing you've rejected his help
>he's still determined to bring you back
>>
>>31859437
Fuck, you could actually get bad ending?, i never knew, i accepted because i didn't want to ruin the moment, but whenever they give me a yes or not option, i usually pick no first because rarely that leads to a different result.
>>
You could move here if you want
>>31867226
>>31867226
>>31867226
or we could just let /pmdg/ die here
>>
I have played every game up to gates to infinity which I cant bring myself to play anymore, I dont really understand why I cant ive loved the others and I need to finish this one before I can continue to super mystery dungeon...can someone motivate me or something??
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.