[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me that these are not real/likely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 23

File: Leak.jpg (18KB, 233x217px) Image search: [Google]
Leak.jpg
18KB, 233x217px
Prove to me that these are not real/likely
>>
G-GENERIC HAWAIIAN GIRL!

GAMEFREAK WOULD NOT BETRAY US WITH THESE PIECES OF SHIT, NEVER EVER
>>
There's already an active thread on this.
>>28014540
>>
File: 1471084912497198.png (56KB, 1287x892px) Image search: [Google]
1471084912497198.png
56KB, 1287x892px
>>28014970
>it's a shitty scribble pretending as real, the thread
>>
>>28014970
Compared to other Gamefreak concept art, they don't fit.
The formatting is wrong in that they don't have any diagrams and not nearly enough notes. Think engineer's notebook sketches and the level of description that has to go into it.
The art is.. wrong. Look at all the simplistic work and lack of detail in Litten's hands and Rowlet's legs and feet.
Gamefreak doesn't use placeholder names like "Tiger3, Owl3, Seal3". All concept art has the name.
People are suggesting the reason Ash and Pikachu are there is because it's for the anime, however, if it was for the anime, the Pokemon would have to already be completed for the game and have a finalized name.
The details on "Mallow" are just wrong enough to be coincidence.

I'm not saying they ARE definitely fake. They may even come from GF. But it is unlikely that these are real.
>>
Prove to me that they ARE real/likely then.

Christ it's like arguing with a theist.
>>
File: laughing whores.jpg (97KB, 748x458px) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.jpg
97KB, 748x458px
>>28015061
>The details on "Mallow" are just wrong enough to be coincidence.
>>
>>28015095

They included a design very strongly resembling Mallow, quite some time before Mallow was revealed to the public. That is strong evidence that they're real.
>>
>>28015155

>generic hawaiian girl

>automatically making it real

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to have more than one point of proof before it can be considered true.
>>
>>28015117
>hair is firmly different (bangs, tips, number of ponytails)
>no frills
>no headband
>no knot on flower
>separated shorts and shirt as opposed to Mallow's coveralls

Keep laughing, faggot. You can't actually argue anything I fucking said.
>>
>>28015180
>>28010814
>>
>>28015180
So let's agree that it's not a "generic Hawaiian girl," because it's obviously not. If we can't stipulate to that, then there's really no point in having this discussion.

That out of the way, one point of proof, if sufficiently strong, absolutely can be enough to consider it true. And in this case, Mallow's presence is a strong indicator that this came from someone with knowledge that the rest of us wouldn't have for weeks afterward. I'm not saying it's absolute proof, but it's strong enough to shift the burden of evidence back to those who claim it's fake. Do you have any evidence that it's not real? Because now that there is evidence that it IS real, that's what you need to raise.
>>
>>28015224
Could'nt they had just make slight alterations from the early art to the final product
>>
>>28015224
>this ammount of reaching.
>>
>>28015061
it's very similar to their anime concept art before they begin to animate/draw episodes so....
>>
>>28015224
they wouldnt include unecessary detail to an anime slide, especially when the focus is the pokemon. As to not distract the animators.

It's not just a special coincidence.
>>
>>28015095
We got a ton of evidence so this is like 95% real.
>Mallow matches up quite well with the leaked Mallow
>Ash recently lost the Kalos League, meaning he will be heading of to Alola
>Nobody has thought of doing these forms before and going into much detail, going against the circus theory that everyone was supporting
>Popplio learning Disarming Voice which matches with it's Mermaid Evolution
>The Chinese leaks proved the Trial Captains, Saladit and the two recently revealed Sea Cucumber and Mushroom right.
>>
>>28015276
No it isn't and why would they still have a placeholder name if they were that far into development. Next.

>>28015301
I've already established that it can't be for the anime. And if all of the art is for the anime, why is there no interaction on Owl3 and Seal3's art?
>>
>>28015253

See >>28015061
>>
>>28015348
Look, I get your point, you're trying your hardest to prove these are fake, but you can't deny these are just to finalised to be scrapped. Larziken or any early beta artwork were mere sketches, they didn't had THIS ammount of effort put into them. And even if they aren't directly for the anime, they're bases for the final designs. Literally, the only thing that can happen now are just some mere esthetic changes. We're got these one way or another.
>>
>>28015456

>they didn't had THIS ammount of effort put into them.

Shouldn't that alone prove that they're made by someone trying to fake a leak? Trying hard to replicate the style of concept art but having a few glaring inconsistencies that would prove that they're bait.
>>
>>28015456
You keep posting this argument everywhere (yes I know it's you because you keep mispelling "aesthetic") and it holds no water. This isn't much detail at all and it doesn't even rival the detail in Gamefreak concept art.
>>
>>28015447

I have to admit, I don't find any of those arguments particularly compelling. Those are more "speculation" than "evidence." We don't have a complete understanding of Gamefreak's concept art policies, or of the purpose of this particular art. Comparison of these images to other concept art is comparison to a pretty small sample.

I'm not saying that these observations are completely meaningless. But to me, they're far outweighed by the presence of a not-yet-revealed character in the concept art. That's stronger evidence.
>>
>>28015456
Also
>trying my hardest
No, just using my brain and not being a fucking autist brings me to the conclusion that these are most likely fake.
>>
Can a leakfag prove me theses leaks are real without using the Mallow argument ?
>>
>>28015572

No, because the only argument that they're real. It happens to be an extremely convincing argument, though. It's the only evidence, but it's sufficient.
>>
File: Braixen_concept_art.png (444KB, 904x639px) Image search: [Google]
Braixen_concept_art.png
444KB, 904x639px
>>28015348
yes they would lmao, they dont need to create a name until they begin producing the finished product

it's actually more detailed than other concept art made in the past so
>>
File: tumblr_lvpekeX2JM1r64jmlo1_500.jpg (46KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvpekeX2JM1r64jmlo1_500.jpg
46KB, 500x354px
concept art for a pokemon movie uncolored
>>
File: Frogadier_concept_art.png (484KB, 904x639px) Image search: [Google]
Frogadier_concept_art.png
484KB, 904x639px
frogadier for the anime
>>
File: pokemon_black_conceptart_Iv1Ez.jpg (32KB, 491x330px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_black_conceptart_Iv1Ez.jpg
32KB, 491x330px
oshawott, complete with silly uncolored doodle
>>
>>28015595
But you can't only have one argument, even if it can't be proved wrong, it's not enough
You must have more than that for expecting anyone to believe you
>>
File: 1471818995740.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1471818995740.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>28015752
>But you can't only have one argument, even if it can't be proved wrong
>>
File: 1450219006712.png (121KB, 255x316px) Image search: [Google]
1450219006712.png
121KB, 255x316px
>>28015324
>Chinese leaks proves Salandit
Wrong. They were "leaked" a day after we got the trailer retard. Not like anyone on here is smart enough to cross reference dates though.
>>
>>28015752

That's simply not true. Of course you can get by on one argument, if it's good enough.
>>
File: 1460366742016.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1460366742016.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>28015789
>not knowing the basics of argumentation
>>
>>28015886
one strong argument is better than zero arguments
just post a smug anime reaction image at me and get your shitty posts over with
>>
>>28015886

I'd say you don't know the basics. Is it better to have more than one argument, if possible? Sure. But can one argument be sufficient, if it's strong enough? Absolutely.
>>
>>28015531
Refer to >28015631
They say they don't need actual names for animation. That's just reserved for the voice acting.
>>
>>28015631
>>28015664
This is both finalized and for the anime.
You aren't proving a point friend.
>>
>>28015021
>shitty scribble
So THAT'S your argument. "They're rough sketches and artists *never* make rough sketches, so there's no way they can be real."
We're getting somewhere, gijinkaposter. But what about these sketches looks shitty to you? Is it the image quality? The looseness of the linework? If you think they originated from the scolipede gijinka artist, what evidence do you have besides "they're making the same face?"
>>
>>28014970
I can't prove to you they're real, but I am skeptical of them. I am open to one or more of these four things, in fact: 1.) They're early design concepts, and the inclusion of Mallow only means her design was finalized by the point of concept sheet's production. 2.) Someone knew about Mallow, or at the very least saw her design and made up the starters. Including Mallow could've been used as a way to make the starter concepts more believable. 3.) The whole idea is sort of a ploy/publicity stunt orchestrated by GF and/or their constituents, possibly used as a way to keep the actual starter designs hidden, surprise the ever-loving shit out of everyone, and/or increase overall hype. Lastly, 4.) they're real, finalized or not.
>>
File: 1470696801278.jpg (127KB, 300x650px) Image search: [Google]
1470696801278.jpg
127KB, 300x650px
>>28015903
One strong argument isn't enough because if it's a good argument because of another factor (here it would be luck) then you can't prove that you're right

I no longer have anime related reaction image so here just a cute mew/mewtwo but act like if it was a smug anime face please
>>
>>28016016
>One strong argument isn't enough because if it's a good argument because of another factor (here it would be luck) then you can't prove that you're right

...that is literally nonsensical.
>>
>>28015927
>>28015927
okay but consider this:

denialfags literally have no proof that these are fake where leakfags have proof that it is
>>
>>28016016
I'm going to excuse your poor english and argue the point I think you're trying to make instead:

Mallow being on the concept art itself proves me right. I think you're mistakingly making the assumption that I think that these starters are 100% guaranteed real.

Does Mallow prove that these starters are, beyond a shadow of doubt, real? No.

Does it make them more likely to be real than any of the other leaks seen so far? Yes, by far. These starters are extremely likely to be real, but it's not guaranteed.
I accept the possibility that somebody found Mallow's design and drew these as a red herring, because that's the only other reasonable assumption.
>>
>>28016088
Which has been done before
>>
>>28016218
feel free to post your example with dated sources
>>
>>28016087
>no name
BOYYYYY!!!
>>
>>28014970
This will be the first and hopefully only time I box the starter or keep its second form and use eviolite. This may not happen if
1.They're fake, unlikely
2.The I game models make them look A LOT better, which is pretty possible, I didn't like the sandcastle until I saw the in game model and now I plan to use it.
>>
>>28016218
No it hasn't.
>>
>>28014970
No one can prove they are fake except game freak.
No one can prove they are real except game freak.
Expecting proof either way from 4chan is dumb.
>>
>>28015324
>>The Chinese leaks proved the Trial Captains, Saladit and the two recently revealed Sea Cucumber and Mushroom right.
You are a moron. That is all.
>>
>>28016087
No, you have evidence, see>>28018815
>>
>>28016011
>They're early design concepts, and the inclusion of Mallow only means her design was finalized by the point of concept sheet's production.
Given it's a sketch of Mallow with very little detail we can't even say that.
>>
>>28016088
>I accept the possibility that somebody found Mallow's design and drew these as a red herring, because that's the only other reasonable assumption.
I find the hypotheisis that they are early concept art to also be reasonable.

>B-But muh detail
GF have specifically stated that this gen they were designing pokemon around animation and personality. Therefore it makes sense that the design pitches would include more detail, especially revolving around the personality of the pokemon. The fire belt, acid spit, grapples priming the bow, pop3 posing, all the kind of stuff I would expect to see in a pitch with this design philosophy in mind.

I am not saying that is what they are, merely that it is a reasonable possibility.
>>
>>28014970
Mallow prove them 100% real, but GF still can drop them before release like they did with the Torchic with wings in the head and the Latias/Blaziken fusion. 95% chances of being in the games wit 5% of being sightly redesigned.
>>
File: Lies(obviously).png (42KB, 955x374px) Image search: [Google]
Lies(obviously).png
42KB, 955x374px
>>28018992
>Just coincidence
>>
>>28019273
You really are a moron, perhaps you should reread what you wrote.
>>
Time to come out and just say what we're all thinking.

All of us that scream that these are fake? We know these are real, we don't want to believe they are but we know they're real and our delusion makes us determined to hang on to false hope due to how awful these designs are.

There's no way we can argue against Mallow, but we want to at least try and put up a fight till Nintendo/Gamefreak/Japan tell us what's true and what isn't. We're going to continue fighting this losing battle till that day comes around.
>>
>>28019273
>(Arrow something), (breaking something hand), (siren something)

Hold on a minute there, someone in this freaking board just told me there is NO actual word for siren in chinese and he said something more in the vein of a "sea maiden" or "maiden of the sea". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Has anyone actually legitimately GOOD at chinese ever cracked down on these? Because just putting "something" every time in there doesn't make it very credible.
>>
Can't wait til we find out, people will be furious regardless.
>>
>>28019392
Not the same guy, just commenting on how stupid you are to think I wrote the argument. I was just posting a picture to show that it predicted Pyukumuku and Morelull.

>>28019405
I'm sure what it translated to would be something to clue them into what they meant. The Chinese translation probably said something along the lines of 'Singing/Sing Maiden'
>>
>>28019405
Are you surprised? Someone hands you an entire paragraph on a piece of paper in a language you don't understand and tells you it says "hello" and that's it. There are some people out there that would believe it meaning there are those out there that would believe the mistranslations of a couple of people who don't speak any form of Chinese fluently and can't read it perfectly
>>
>>28019460
>I was just posting a picture to show that it predicted Pyukumuku and Morelull.
Okay, but where did I say it didn't predict Pyukumuku or Morelul? And if you felt the need to respond to me, then you are a retard and should reread what the anon I responded to wrote.
>>
>>28019460

Singing/Sing Maiden is a gigantic leap to a mythological creature/siren
>>
File: Your words.png (3KB, 730x59px) Image search: [Google]
Your words.png
3KB, 730x59px
>>28019485
>>The Chinese leaks proved the Trial Captains, Saladit and the two recently revealed Sea Cucumber and Mushroom right.
>You are a moron. That is all.

Your exact words. Calling out a person for posting accurate leak information that predicted Morelull and Pyukumuku early. You're the retard if you're thinking you DIDN'T say it didn't. By greentexting the words and calling THEM the moron, you were mocking the accurate leak of there being a Sea Cucumber (Pyukumuku) and a Mushroom (Morelull)
>>
>>28019507
Well, what else would you associate a 'Singing Maiden' water type with? It's pretty self explanatory.
>>
>>28019562
That's not what they said anon.Go read what they said. Reread it? Understand why they and you are a moron?

Nope?

Okay, I'll spell it out for you "Chinese leaks proved"
>>
File: 1463017523472.jpg (20KB, 550x276px) Image search: [Google]
1463017523472.jpg
20KB, 550x276px
>>28019507
Not really
>>
>>28019617
The fact is that they provided info ahead of time and they were revealed at a later date. Seeing as you're cherry picking details now, how about you realize that when he referred to them being proven, it was because they've shown up in a later reveal.

Because Mallow wasn't shown until some time after the leaks were posted and then revealed as a trial captain means that they were proven. The Chinese leaks have proven themselves enough with the reveal of Pyukumuku and Morelull. You're the moron, you single-brain celled fuck. At least try cherry picking better.
>>
>>28019689
No, I'm pointing out that what he wrote was retarded and that you can't fucking read.
>>
File: ~fomfomfomfomfom.png (87KB, 600x472px) Image search: [Google]
~fomfomfomfomfom.png
87KB, 600x472px
>>28019507
>>28019602
>That feel when you swear you've heard one post or someone out there say the siren part was once translated as sea clown

I don't even know what's going on any more. Is it a siren, is it merely a singing sea lion maiden, is it a sea clown? How do you even fuck up translation this bad?
>>
>>28019725
Obviously the one here that can't read is the 12 year old typing from behind his dad's laptop (I.E. You)
>>
>>28019752
What have I misread, anon?
What makes you so invested in what another anon said?
Why do you think I think the chinese leaks are wrong?
>>
>>28019404
2/3 of the designs are great. I'm good.
>>
>>28019727
You're getting things mixed up Anon, there was no post referring to it being translated as Sea Clown. Ballio was a fake leak that the guy himself came clean about. That is where you got the Sea Clown thing from. That and the 'site digging' people thought bore actual fruit.

Since there is no word in Chinese for Siren, so say >>28019405 , the closest that they would likely get would be 'Maiden of the Sea/Singing Maiden' and the fact that it's a Water Type would lead to the conclusion that it is a Siren due to the translation and typing.
>>
>>28014970
I just hope they are real :(

MFW only the ugly fire starter is real because of the cook bitch and the actually good ones are fake.
>>
>>28019780
When these leaks have been proven and you're picking out a piece that has been PROVEN by GF themselves, that's where you've gone wrong. By calling him the moron for simply saying that he had wrote that proven leaks were true, you implied the Chinese leaks were wrong because they got them right and sufficiently proved themselves right time after time.
>>
>>28019871
>By calling him the moron for simply saying that he had wrote that proven leaks were true
I didn't do that. He didn't write that. Learn to read you illiterate child.
>>
File: IMG-20160823-WA0013.jpg (8KB, 132x128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160823-WA0013.jpg
8KB, 132x128px
It looks cool and I like it
>>
>>28019812

I wasn't even thinking anything relating to those mons nor that one artist regarding the chinese leak, but rather the assumption of Poppmaid possibly being a sea clown of some sort and just not being aware of it or something amiss, although it seems "maiden of the sea" is the most accurate translation.

I can't remember if that sea clown thing was alongside this as well, but I think I saw once translation of the (arrow something) as "arrow assassin", which could still technically be a archer, I assume. I can't remember anything regarding the (breaking something hand) part though. Fuck my memory, man.
>>
>>28019909
>You are a moron. That is all.

Your words to him. The fact that he said 'The Chinese leaks proved the Trial Captains, Salandit and the two recently revealed Sea Cucumber and Mushroom Right' means that the Chinese leaks had posted about there being a Mushroom and Sea Cucumber, that they are true. What can't you get through your thick skull about that?
>>
>>28019926
sauce?
>>
>>28020007
No, it means the "Chinese leaks are proof that the trail captains and the two recently revealed sea cucumber and Mushrooms are real."

That is a VERY different statement my illiterate friend.
>>
>>28020060
It's pretty much the exact same thing. The way he phrased it was more than fine save for the 'right' on the end of the phrase.

Let's just stop fighting and apologize to each other. I'm sorry for calling you a single brain celled fuck and for perpetuating the entire argument. I was trying to get across that calling him a moron for his phrasing and trying to say that because of recent reveals, that the Chinese leaks are credible and hold some water.

The way you made it sound was that you were criticizing him and the leaks by greentext and calling him a moron for it when we both agree the leaks have proven things.
>>
>>28015224
you forgot to include "white hair" to that list. Now, can you tell me why that boy in the pic isn't Ash?
Hope you enjoyed the (You) btw
>>
>>28019980
That's fine friendo, don't worry about it. The fact that you associate the 'arrow assassin' with Rowlet would be one of the other three in the trio of fake starter evos with Ballio. The fire final evolution was a quadrupedal fire panther and the grass final evo was an edgy knife throwing assassin.
>>
>>28019980

Here we go, I definitely got the arrow assassin part from here, but I definitely mixed things up here, no sea clown mention. This was a anon from here who tried to translate as well as he could in one specific thread.

>I've been trying to translate the chinese leaks myself, chinese is a little rusty so I focused on the starters.

>The usual word for an 'archer' is 射手, while the word in the leak, 箭刺客, literally means arrow assassin. Fits well with concept art, because of the hood and all.

>捧跤手 is used to presumably refer to litten3. I've never seen wrestlers referred to like this, and searching the term on Baidu gives very few results. Everything I've seen seems to reference sports of some kind, but not wrestling, or even contact sports.

>The last one on that starters line, 海妊赛王 literally means 'sea pregnant competitor (or superior) royal'. I have no idea how this translates to siren or mermaid, considering mermaid has a very well established word. Again, just in case I'm missing out on words that are used by mainlander Chinese, I searched it up on Baidu. Nothing remotely related to sirens or mermaids came up,

Which he then said

>Wait shit I got maidlio wrong, misread a word. the term used in the screencap is 海妖赛王, which means 'sea (supernatural being) (superior) royalty. This does indeed mean a royal-ish siren, which lends credibility.

>Also, searching more reveals that 捧跤手 on baidu does indeed show contact sports and wrestling.

But fuck, I swear I heard the sea clown part from somewhere. Maybe I'm imagining things.
>>
>>28020130
>It's pretty much the exact same thing.
It actually isn't, it is completely backwards.

> we both agree the leaks have proven things.
We don't, the leaks don't prove anything. They have been proven right about things.

If english is your second language I apologise for calling you illiterate, as I can understand this might be a part of english you aren't familiar with.
>>
>>28020203
Again, Ballio fever was widespread so I could see where you got confused with the Sea Clown thing. If you'd be willing to upload an image, I'd like to see the anon translation itself.
>>
>>28020237
Ugh. Okay then. They've been proven right, not proving but been proved. That means the leaks have credibility right? Close a-fucking-nough. No, english is my first language though I had some trouble way back and after getting hit over the head with a book I swear was flying at Mach 5, I've had problems with forming my own words/sentences right.

At least we can agree they are credible then?
>>
>>28020254

This was the thread that anon posted in.

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/27501637/?download

Bit big of a old thread, but yeah, you can't miss his post, he has a image of the starters in-game.
>>
Mallow doesn't even need to be an argument to defend these as real. Anyone with eyes can tell these are real. Tell me which fakemon artist is ever capable of perfectly replicating Sugimori's art? 99.99% of artists can never get the style right. On top of that, if these were done by Ohmura we don't know his exact drawing process either. Too many artists try too hard to replicate the art styles and fail at it. Fakemon artists always draw things in generic, static poses and have a very bland choice of design. There's a team behind the designs, whereas a single fake artist will just throw on a bunch of generic, edgy details that only they would find cool. No one truly knows what the official designers go through and it's evident when a fakemon artist tries to replicate it on their own and even making mistake with perspective and such here and there.

Besides, this board rejects a lot of official designs and seeing how these designs aren't exactly edgy and pleasing gives it more validation on being real.
>>
>>28015255
Grasping at straws. Even if they were, it'd be irrelevant. Why is Ash there if it's not for the anime? Why is it moving on to the anime if it's not finalized? Why is it moving on to the anime if it has no name?

>>28015268
>pointing out obvious differences in the design
>reaching
It would be reaching if I said the ponytails were different lengths.
>>
>>28020346
Thanks for this comment, this is the same i thought all this time
>>
>>28020291
Yes, we can agree they are credible.

>They've been proven right, not proving but been proved.
Proof is a strong word. I'd say they have strong supporting evidence, but this is more squabbling over terms than any real disagreement with what is said.

Also I would highly recommend you work on your reading comprehension.
>>
File: 169585.png (12KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
169585.png
12KB, 96x96px
>>28020346
>Sugimori's art
>>
>>28020346
I don't know if I'd call it perfectly replicating as styles evolve/change over time, but I get what you're saying. I've believed in these since the days of the "Disarming Voice" proof.
>>
>>28014970
pikachu doesn't exists guys, look at the drawing, pikachu has no details, it can't be real. it's just a generic mouse animal.
>>
>>28020254

And I finally realized where I got that sea clown tidbit from.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4s661a/rumor_some_information_on_sunmoon_from_china/
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/a-bunch-of-information-from-china.134118/

It was from this big wall of text and in one part, it mentions

>(Another translation calls it a mermaid and yet another calls it a sea clown)

Which is why I found all of this so weird. It doesn't make mention of such translation though. I'm not sure how it was done in order to come up with that, shit, I don't know chink.
>>
>>28020400
>Why is Ash there if it's not for the anime?
Because it's early concept art and the artist wanted a male character there. This could have easily been pre-protag design.
>>
>>28020454
Today I learned that the developers design minor npcs before their flagship monsters and characters. Thanks for the info!
>>
>>28019507
>Singing Maiden/Maiden of the sea

>THATS A BIG LEAP TO SIREN

Shit, you're right. Why would anyone assume that an ocean woman who likes to sing is a Siren?
>>
>>28020498
>Today I learned that the developers design minor npcs before their flagship monsters and characters
What? You takling about Mallow? Because that sketch is so lacking in detail you're gonna have to give some pretty good evidence to show she's actually a designed character at that point.
>>
I posted this on an older thread, but I'll post it again. This is just an explanation of why these designs are plausible.

Every Pokemon out there is based on something, whether an animal, an inanimate object, a mythological creature, a humanoid sentient, and more.

But Game Freak never makes Pokemon that are 100% faithful to the animals they are based on. This is natural given that Pokemon are cartoons and the designers take a lot of creative freedom in designing them. You could say then that Pokemon are "loosely based" on animals.

Turtonator, for example, is based on a mata mata turtle. But if you compare the two, there are many differences: the coloring, the ability to spew fire, etc. Game Freak takes a concept or idea, in this case the mata mata turtle, and gives it a cartoony and creative spin. They take it a step further by adding on more ideas and concepts, such as the landmine idea for Turtonator.

So while the designs for the final evolutions of gen 7 starters may seem jarring and "un-Pokemon", they're actually good representatives of what Game Freak has been doing for many years.

Rowlet3 is an owl with a Robin Hood theme. Robin Hood is associated with Sherwood Forest and is known for wearing a green tunic, so the grass type fits a Robin Hood design nicely.

Litten3 is apparently based on Tiger Mask, a beloved heel wrestler persona from Japan. In the reference sheets, we see Litten3 execute several wrestling moves. In traditional heel fashion, he even smashes a table on Pikachu.

As for Popplio3, I suspect Game Freak wanted to make a mermaid Pokemon that wasn't humanoid. For this, they would have to pick an animal. Sea lions are a logical choice. Some people even call sea lions "mermaid dogs", because of how closely their bottom halves resemble mermaid tails. Because of the sea lion's natural physiology, Game Freak can design it with enough creative freedom to make it look like a mermaid while still retaining its basic, fundamental sea lion features.
>>
File: image.jpg (672KB, 2000x1708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
672KB, 2000x1708px
>>28022500
I would also just like to add that besides Mallow, we've seen other indications of evidence such as Popplio learning Disarming Voice and Sugimori tweeting a picture of Tiger Mask.

Now, I wouldn't say that Disarming Voice absolutely confirms these leaks, or that it confirms that Popplio will even become water/fairy.

But one important thing to consider is that unlike other moves that are learned early on, such as Bite and Rollout (which are learned by many Pokemon who possess the physiology to perform these moves), Disarming Voice is learned through level up by very few Pokemon. It's actually a relatively rare move. Most Pokemon who learn it are fairy type, and those who aren't are cutesy or fairy-like, such as Meowstic, Swablu, and Audino (don't forget that Mega Altaria and Mega Audino become part fairy type as well).

Litten learning Bite doesn't say much. Many Pokemon possess the teeth to bite. It's a common ability to have. But Disarming Voice implies that the user is capable of soothing enemies with their voice, which is not something most Pokemon can do. This move actually fits the siren/mermaid theme very well, since sirens and mermaids are well known for their beautiful singing voices.

As I stated before, this doesn't confirm the leaks to be 100% true, but it definitely lends credence to them.
>>
>>28022579
>Sugimori tweeting a picture of Tiger Mask
This has to be the worst piece of evidence I have ever seen. It is grasping at straws as hard as "That's not Mallow in the sketch, just a generic Hawaiian girl"
>>
>>28022932
I agree with you that it's very weak evidence. We should consider, however, that the designers look to their experiences, personal enjoyments, and such, for inspiration for Pokemon.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the designers designed a Pokemon after his/her childhood hero. With this tweet, at least we know that Tiger Mask was an important figure in his childhood (it seems he is a big fan of wrestling in general). We know that many Pokemon are designed after things the designers have seen throughout their travels. Pokemon as a whole originated out of a love for bug-collecting. I don't believe it is too far-fetched to say that this tweet does serve as an indication that Tiger Mask could've possibly served as inspiration for Litten3.

Here are some interesting articles detailing how designers get their inspiration for Pokemon from real life experiences.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/81723/how-europe-inspired-pokemon-x-and-ys-creature-designs

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/13/12172826/pokemon-go-android-ios-bug-catching

http://www.dorkly.com/post/68577/pokemon-you-didnt-realize-were-based-on-actual-things

As I said, this doesn't 100% confirm the leaks, but it does add a bit of support. Personally, I'm inclined to believe them.
>>
File: 1471963360981.png (144KB, 350x253px) Image search: [Google]
1471963360981.png
144KB, 350x253px
>>28022932
Well the concept art kind of look sinilar to this. At least to me
>>
>>28023452
What does this have to do with my post?

>>28023330
I understand that, but it's just so weak it's not even worth mentioning.
>>
>>28023559
I'm mentioning it because of the leaks we have received. The Chinese leaks state that one of the starters will evolve into a wrestler, and we also see that in those reference sheets.

When isolated, this small piece of evidence is extremely weak and doesn't merit mention as you said. I agree with you on that. But there is a connection there when we consider the leaks we have been given. It's not much, but I think it's safe to say that it could possibly be an indication of why Litten becomes a wrestler.
>>
>>28015348

Plot twist: the reason luchakitten has so much interaction with the anime characters is because he's the third companion in the new series. He doesn't stay in his pokeball and causes shenanigans with his quick temper and love of violence. Hanging around Ash&Co teaches him to be less of an asshole over time, pretty much like Lilo and Stitch or something.

Or it's just to highlight his traits by showing him beating up other characters WWE style.

It also occurs to me that they're was no reason to have names finalized before these were sent to the animation studio for storyboarding and early work. It's not like the names matter to the animators.
>>
File: 1465511358562.png (1MB, 1719x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1465511358562.png
1MB, 1719x1056px
>>28014970

Why these are not real? Because i and game freak said so.

Also:

>BALLIO IS KING

Deal with it.
>>
Stop be so denialfags guys, I hate those evolutions but they are real, that girl IS MALLOW, so they are confirmed, it's so obvius but I guess you need to reject this just beacuse you don't like it lol
>>
>>28024114
You're a fucking moron. If there's no name then the design isn't finalized. If the design isn't finalized they can't start animating. Stop grasping at straws to make these shitty fakemons seem real. Keep to yourself or keep getting shut down.
>>
>>28020346
This is pure autism. >>>/r9k/ and stay go
>>
>>28014970
>leak.jpg
>>28015001
>>28015021
>>28015935
All 4 are likely samefag, that's for sure. Leakfags still can't get over their denialfag obsession.
>>
>>28020428
>>28020406
>>28020346
More samefag.

Also a poor argument because Sugi's art is easily replicated, only a few copy his style badly. And disarming voice is based on patterns, which we all know doesn't hold up when it comes to new generations.
>>
File: 1467056884394.png (361KB, 473x675px) Image search: [Google]
1467056884394.png
361KB, 473x675px
>arguing whether something is fake or not
Can't you just wait and see?
>>
File: CphqIqUXYAA9rlg.jpg (636KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CphqIqUXYAA9rlg.jpg
636KB, 1200x1200px
The tiger mask tweet is just as strong as mallow's appearance. I dont wanna hear that "oh its his hobby" shit. Even if it is his hobby he's not completely oblivious to the world around him. He knew the leaks were out and he knew posting it at the time would raise eyebrows. Also , the X bow on robinhoot is the SAME exact X bow on mallow's head. The fire trial captain has the same exact sideburn things as luchalitten, and was pic related ever debunked? Also pretty damning evidence that people seem to ignore for some reason.
>>
>>28029246
what is this?
first time seeing it
what the fuck did i miss?
>>
>>28029246
Also, don't forget that Masuda makes cryptic tweets like that, too. Remember how he tweeted about the Sun and the Moon being out at the same time days prior to the reveal of Sun/Moon?
>>
>>28029246
Pic related WAS debunked, but it's an incredible fake. Y

I also have trouble imaging how the actual middle evo is going to look much different, really.
>>
>>28029276
It's fake.
>>
>>28029287
Yeah Im honestly gonna be upset with whatever else it is they dish out. That thing there is the perfect bridge between rowlet and robinhoot. >>28029281
Idk if you were arguing against or with me, but it seemed to be with me so thanks. They are indeed a bunch of crpytic mofos.
>>
File: 2374310045355.jpg (205KB, 800x1003px) Image search: [Google]
2374310045355.jpg
205KB, 800x1003px
>>28014970
>>
This not reall, just wait until this weekend and ill be proofed right if not i will an hero live
Screencap this
>>
>>28028136
>>28028153
even more samefag
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.