[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hg/ - Halo General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 755
Thread images: 125

File: H3A.jpg (2MB, 2559x1440px) Image search: [Google]
H3A.jpg
2MB, 2559x1440px
I Want To Believe edition

>Halo Wars 2 is now available in stores
- A new campaign showcasing the fate of the Spirit of Fire crew following the events of the first game
- Competitive multiplayer with new units, leaders, and abilities
- A brand new "Blitz" multiplayer card game mode
- Features the "Play Anywhere" program, syncing game progress and stats between Xbox One and Windows 10
- 60 achievements for 1000 gamerscore

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc. (WIP)
http://pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/patch-party

>Spartan Company
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo%20general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
http://xboxdvr.com/

>PC Section
coming soon™

previous thread >>170239103
>>
>>170451945
I feel you anon. We all do.
It's pretty silly for them to make anniversary games for the first 2 but not the most popular one.
>>
>>170451945
I want it. So bad.
>>
So. Next month at some time I will be playing Halo from CE down to 5. I'll do solo or co-op. And over awhile (like maybe a mission a day. Or such. I'm not rushing through)

So. If anyone wants to play do me a favor

>Leave me a gamertag.
>Tell which games you're open to

I'll get a list. And when I'm about to play I'll invite. Remember some games I'll only get one person. Some 3.

And I'll probably do heroic. It's always the better option.
>>
File: Hayabusa.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hayabusa.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
Official Thread Armour
>>
>>170451945
Reminder to play as Vale and Tanaka
>>
File: ready-waiting-v2.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ready-waiting-v2.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>170451945
I'm genuinely sad about no H3A, i really wanted to storm the remastered beach on the remastered ark with my remastered ODST pals.
>inb4 halo3babbies
I don't give a fuck, CE was my first Halo but 3 will always be my favorite.
>>
>>170452362
Sorry bro, I wasn't racing.
This is actually the second time I've ever tried to make an OP and the last time I got beat out actually.

Just make the next one Hyubasa edition (leave out the GOAT maybe, people tend to ignore opinionated threads and make different ones I've noticed).
I promise I won't try to make the next OP. Though I can't speak for other people.
>>
First for the dream I had of a better version of Warzone before Warzone even came out.

It was about three - four weeks before they unveiled it:

>Same large maps, but more open.
>More focus on survival, like firefight
>Vehicles readily available from the start
>As you earn points you upgrade your main base and build structures around the map, e.g. sniper towers, bridges etc
>Weapons unlocked with the structures
>Constantly fighting a mix of covenant and prometheans
>Seemed like in the dream there was a focus on sticking to a role as you played. I seemed to be on the back of a warthog, shooting enemies and building structures (they'd just kind of "fall into place" as you passed), while the dude driving was dodging obstacles and trying to get me somewhere.

Overall the coolest part seemed to be that the maps would evolve, and you'd have to get yourself to an objective on the other side of the map without dying

I remember thinking "halo is saved" when I saw that warzone was kind of similar. Oh well
>>
File: maxresdefault (23).jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (23).jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
>>170452436
Halo 3 isn't even my favorite Halo and I'm also sad H3A (probably) isn't happening.

It just seems dumb to me to not give 3 a fair share of the remaster treatment. I get giving it to CE, but if you're going to extend it to 2, you might as well get the whole trilogy.
>>
>>170452556
It's fine boyo, I've only made one successful /hg/ OP

I'll make it one time, probably not the next one though
>>
File: always keeps me coming back.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
always keeps me coming back.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>170451845
>How is /hg/ celebrating International Woman's Day?
By playing Reach, of course
>>
>>170451945
>>170452436
>>170452828
Halo 3 looks too decent for there to be an Anniversary honestly. Any remaster would just hamper the original art style, which I personally loved.

A remade map pack for 5 would be nice though, I'd love to pwn some n00bss on Guardian again
>>
>>170453039
I completely disagree with that but it would be better than nothing
>>
>>170453039
>CE gets a remaster
>2 gets a remaster
>3 gets some REQ shit DLC in 5
I'd rather have nothing than that. That's just insulting to 3's legacy.
>>
Even if they just made Halo 3 backwards compatible I'd be happy to be honest.
>>
>>170453257
>CE gets a map pack because there's already an established Halo title on the console
>H2A gets a modified version of Halo 4 to bring Halo to a new platform
>implying H3 would get any special treatment when it's still playable on 2 consoles
>>
>>170453257
Reach got the anniversary map pack remember?
I would be down with a proper standalone campaign remaster + map for H5, similar to how CEA did it.
>>
>>170453325
I'm shocked they haven't yet. I guess they just want to sell the MCC instead, but that was such a fuckup that I doubt the sales haven't stagnated by now anyway.
>>
>>170453325
Why would you want that when there's TMCC? Not memeing or anything, i really can't see the point.
I would rather see ODST BC instead because i want to play firefight on Xbone.
>>
>>170453385
>Reach got the anniversary map pack remember?
Yes, it was almost universally criticized. People wanted the original multiplayer.
>I would be down with a proper standalone campaign remaster + map for H5, similar to how CEA did it.
That would be a decent compromise, but you need the campaign piece for it to be notable.
>>
>>170453507
>Why would you want that when there's TMCC?
That's a funny joke, anon. But we're being serious.
>>
H3A as scorpio launch title with access to the H6 beta would be a clutch and affordable move, but it doesn't look like they're going for that route.

All eyes on e3 I suppose
>>
>>170453587
No i'm serious, the campaign is better in every way. If you're talking about the multiplayer, everyone votes for H3 every match anyway so that's not an issue.
>>
>>170453714
>campaign is better in every way
Crashes
FPS dropping and rising by double digits
Co Op is even more picky than it is on 360 (I've checked)
SFX issues
>multiplayer
I would run out of characters describing the issues with multiplayer in MCC.
>>
File: no h3a.png (32KB, 797x302px) Image search: [Google]
no h3a.png
32KB, 797x302px
>>170453687
To be honest i already gave up on hope for H3A.
CEA had strong rumors before it's announcement.
2A had rumors and comments like "maybe we'll do it" and "nothing to announce at the moment".
3A has "no we're not workin on it", "not worth the time/money" and "no Halo FPS this year".
>>
>>170453714
The MCC ranges from moderately glitchy to borderline unplayable.
It is in no way "better in every way"
>>
Fuck 3 anniversary, they made a hash of MCC, if they released that and expected more money it would be disgusting

Just make a new, good IP. Sea of Thieves is literally the only xbone exclusive I'm loooking forward to
>>
>>170453925
This is why they need to at the very least release Halo 3 on backwards compatibility.
If they're not going to give us an anniversary treatment, AT LEAST give us a version of the game that works.
>>
>>170454069
I'll enjoy playing it on PC
>>
>>170453872
>>170453996
To be honest, i never had any problems with any campaign in TMCC besides achievements not unlocking in the first couple of months and i have hundreds of hours of playtime.

I'll give you multiplayer though, i'm aware some people still have major issues with it.
>>
>>170454248
Literally "IT WORKS ON MY MACHINE": the Post.

but yeah I've had a similar experience. Campaign tends to work fine
>>
>>170454097
>give us a version of the game that works
Someone hasn't joined /hg/ customs sessions.
>>
>>170454349
>Someone hasn't joined /hg/ customs sessions.
Have you?
There's always like 6+ people that can't join the lobby because the game won't let them. Then for those who do get in, there's always a chance they get booted by the game after the match.
>>
>>170454441
That's a feature, it's to make every match more hype.
>>
File: 1439379753306.jpg (11KB, 341x339px) Image search: [Google]
1439379753306.jpg
11KB, 341x339px
>>170454672
This guy
>>
>>170454672
I like you
>>
Why would anyone want halo3 remastered

Game looks fine already. The cool "old vs new" graphic feature would look pointless or not be in. Which would again be useless .

Also halo CE and Halo2 are the only prime classics. Elder tier. Original Duke controller pre-360 days back when the closest thing to a dashboard was some green tabs and when we had clans .

Halo 3 is new. 360 era. Graphics look fine today. Even sometimes better than 5. Remastered would be pointless. You could just play MCC or of not.....On 360 Because it's still online of I'm not mistaken.
>>
Guys, relax.

We will get an H3A one day, it just probably won't be on the 10 year anniversary. It will instead be years later. Some fans will make it a project and they'll probably do a better job than 343 could have done anyway.

Right now however, 343 is in a similar situation that they were in during 2011 where they had to focus their main efforts on the next main entry and not the remaster, so they outsourced the campaign remastering and just made the multiplayer a modded Reach mode with some new maps. It would only make sense to expect a similar treatment in Halo 5 with modded weapons, kill times, and classic maps. We don't even need a new coat of paint on the campaign because MCC kind of gives it to us anyway (not in the same respect as it did for CEA and H2A, but H3 is also a better looking game than the classic CE and 2 were anyway).

So yeah, we will probably get the game you are looking for, just not this year. And remember, that's kind of a good thing because focus on MCC was one of the things that really hurt Halo 5's development in the long run.

Stay optimistic. Everything will be alright.
>>
>>170455278
Because Halo 3 looks and sounds absolutely dated in comparison with H2A.
>>
I think it would be cool if 343 did a few more free dlc packs. But each based on a halo game. And not just "here's a pistol"

>CE pack. With some emblem. Maybe better classic armor. At least 2 maps. And maybe one gun. Like classic AR

>Halo2 pack same deal. A map or 2. Some better armor. And another weapon or 2

And I'd say just for Halo 1-2-3. Maybe even have a warzone map based on each game. Like CE could have the control room. Maybe Halo2 could have a Outskirts type warzone map. Halo3 could have The Covenant themed

>Never will happen.
>>
>>170455541
So?

Graphics shouldn't even matter. It works in CE and 2 Because those games look old and new graphics are like a huge jump. Halo3 to Halo3A would be like "oh here's some old but good graphics. Vs. Better graphics". It's not the same thing. It's like a 2-3x difference compared to a .25-1.5x difference.

Only thing I'd say is Forge and Customs. with a halo 5 type custom browser and forge Halo3 would be fun. Imagine the things people would make
>>
>>170455587
>CE: Shotgun, AR, wonky physics Ghost
>2: Brute shot, Spectre, Heretic Banshee
>3: Spiker, Mauler, Chopper, Hornet
>Wars: Wolverine, Vampire
>Reach: Plasma launcher, P. repeater, Falcon
>4: Concussion rifle, Sticky detonator
>Wars 2: Jackrabbit, Marauder
>>
>>170455767
>inb4 dewrito fag starts shilling his fake halo game
>>
>>170455767
Hit the nail on the head. There isn't a big enough gap in graphical quality for a full remaster. End of story.
>>
>>170455767
So you get to decide what visuals have aged better?
Nah.
H3's art style looks worse than 2s even.
>>
File: 1440893852148.jpg (6KB, 248x204px) Image search: [Google]
1440893852148.jpg
6KB, 248x204px
>>170457501
>H3's art style looks worse than 2s even.
Nigga what
>>
>>170455767
Please. Halo 3 was the first Halo game to not visually impress at launch.

You're right about graphics not being the determinent, but we still need a working version of H3 on the current platform. We don't have one.
>>
>>170457719
Hit the nail on the head.
Halo 3 original is unpopulated and low res.
MCC is broken and unplayable.
Halo Online is a joke.

There is no optimal way to play what most consider the best Halo game. Period.
>>
>>170457719
>>170457816

So you think 343 should just keep rereleasing/remastering the original trilogy every generation?

You guys are so, so spoiled. Most franchises don't even get a single game anniversary treatment.
>>
>>170457816
Also H3 has worse FOV by far.
Holy shit it's horrible.
>>
>>170457919
>So you think 343 should just keep rereleasing/remastering the original trilogy every generation?
Not at all.
I just want a working version of Halo 3 on Xbox one
>>
>>170457919
Halo 3 on MCC looks fine.
Not great, but fine.

The problem is Halo 3 on MCC is... well, it's MCC.
>>
IT
>>
>>170457919
Most franchises aren't nearly as big as Halo.
>>
WORKS
>>
ON
>>
>>170458162
Yep, and that's a problem that should have been fixed two years ago

How do you guys expect to get H3A when they botched the MCC up so badly and never properly fixed it?
>>
>>170458432
We dont.
Basically what >>170455469 said.

343 is too incompetent to get the job done at this point.
All we really want now is some form of working 3 multi. Backwards compatible would be fine
>>
File: scarab.jpg (701KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scarab.jpg
701KB, 1920x1080px
BBWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN
>>
>>170458582
I love the new scarab
>>
>>170451945
So I might have missed something but I thought the Ark was destroyed at the end of Halo 3? then it reappeared in Halo Wars 2 whatever reason why?
>>
>>170460378
It wasn't destroyed, just severely damaged. Sentinels repaired it after the events of Halo 3.
>>
>>170460378
Hunters in the Dark reveals It was just heavily damaged but after that (according to Haah Waaw's pheonix logs) the science teams sent to investigate it reactivated the Ark's repair network which set about restoring it, although the heavily damaged/compromised structure would have made for a more interesting setting.
>>
>>170460378
Lol what an idiot you didn't read Hunters in the Dark, Halo Evolutions, and the Forerunner trilogy?
Lol everybody has done that, like, literally everybody!
Nobody has ever been confused about this. It's not a problem. Stop talking about it.
>>
File: 1459344494526.jpg (115KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1459344494526.jpg
115KB, 435x435px
>>170460647
I wonder when this "EU is bad" meme is going to end.
>>
>>170460575
>>170460606
Thanks I'll have to wiki more of the lore

>>170460647
I don't have a kindle and I'm banned from half priced books
>>
>>170460891
>EU is bad
The EU is fine when it stays in the EU.
Keep it out of the games. Don't require people to do additional reading just to figure out what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>170460891
When the EU get some quality to it
>>
>>170460891
When they learn how to read
>>
>>170461369
>>170461397
I guess some people here were too young when back in the trilogy days people complained about the campaigns being barebones in terms of story, characters and lore.
>>
>>170460891
What are you talking about?
I was criticizing him, not the EU.
Literally EVERYBODY engages in the EU completely. Everybody knows everything from every book and comic before they play the games. To say otherwise is just false. Nobody has ever been confused in the last few games because people do their homework. Of the millions that buy the game I would say maybe a handful don't read all the books, so there's no problem!
>>
>>170461546
>Lack of lore
>Halo 2
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>170461546
Please provide some instances of people complaining about a lack of story in CE and 2 from "back in the day".
I realize this may take some time, so I'll wait until next thread.
>>
For the record, it's fair to assume that anyone that posts in the Halo General on fucking 4chan has experience with the expanded universe. So if anyone here is claiming to be confused and complaining about it, well, I find that hard to believe.

However, the same can't be said of the general populace.
>>
You faggots told me I'd get custom profile pics.
When? WHEN???
>>
>>170462445
Soon.
>>
>>170462445
NEVER
NEVEEEER
>>
>>170461812
Implying anyone read the books for Halo 1 before playing it
>>
>>170458582
Is there any point to playing Banished Leaders besides Scarab rushing?
>>
>>170462940
The beam
>>
File: thisdoesnotpleaseme.jpg (56KB, 381x491px) Image search: [Google]
thisdoesnotpleaseme.jpg
56KB, 381x491px
>>170464074
>Glassing beam
>>
So I finished the Halo series today. Never played Halo growing up. Here's how I'd rate them

2 > 3 > ODST > 4 > Reach > CE > 5

I didn't like Reach (looked and played bad on Xbox One) and CE felt pretty old, I'd probably feel different if I had played them before.

Overall I feel like the series has hardly progressed over the years when compared to other shooter series, for example when I started playing CE I wondered why I cannot sprint, why I cannot aim like in other shooters, why I cannot have a location marker to my next - and it took them almost fifteen years to add all those features.

In the same way it started getting tiring fighting the same enemies over and over again over 7 games. Would've been cool fighting humans.

The story began degrading in 4 and hit a low point in 5. With 5 I got very surprised, I hadn't watched anything at all about that game and expected to get a jaw-dropping visual presentation and what I got was pretty crap graphics wise. It surely is nice having 60fps but for the single player they could do something more.

I also felt the whole story was badly written and explained, why are Cortana and the Master Chief now evil. The whole game got SJW-ified with cringeworthy dialogues from the bland female characters to having hunt the Master Chief as a clean one-sided black guy. I don't care what race or gender my protagonist has but all of the characters were just badly written and included for the sake of "diversity", compared to lets say Avery Johnson or Miranda Keyes.
>>
>>170465002
>Overall I feel like the series has hardly progressed over the years when compared to other shooter series, for example when I started playing CE I wondered why I cannot sprint, why I cannot aim like in other shooters, why I cannot have a location marker to my next - and it took them almost fifteen years to add all those features.

Halo has always had more classic shooter roots, which is why a lot of purists despise all the games after 3. The lack of sprint and ADS was a plus for a lot of people.
>>
So if I did want to get into the EU what are the essential must reads? No novel versions of the games or non canon stories please.
>>
>>170465002
>when I started playing CE I wondered why I cannot sprint, why I cannot aim like in other shooters, why I cannot have a location marker to my next - and it took them almost fifteen years to add all those features.
Holy shit. I don't even like CE that much but God Damn man those are not "features", they're cancer.
>>
>>170465002
I agree with pretty much everything you said except for your issues with sprint and aiming, but I can see why some people could enjoy doing that.

Always good to see what newcomers have to say.
>>
>>170466889
Start with The Fall of Reach, it has the origin story for Master Chief, introduces a lot of characters, and sets up the plot for Halo 1.
>>
>>170465002
I've been browsing this general for 2 threads now and your post has inspired me to play the campaigns.
The only halo game I own is Halo Wars 2 which I picked up after launch.
>>
>>170467390
>jumping into Halo with a sequel of an rts spinoff of a well established franchise
Wat
>>
Why does 343 insudtries get a title screen while Halo Wars 2 loads up?
They didn't make the game.
>>
>>170466889
Fall of Reach has been overturned mostly by Reach but the beginning is still good.
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Glasslands sets up some of the post-war Covenant and ONI shenanigans if you want to read it, but the following two books aren't very good.
Contact Harvest is the beginning of the war and essential Covie backstory
Cole Protocol is just some Arbiter backstory if you want some
>>
>>170467528
I wanted a new game to play and wanted to try a console RTS.
I got it more for gameplay than story.
>>
File: BrigadeDamaged-800.jpg (510KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BrigadeDamaged-800.jpg
510KB, 800x600px
>>
>>170466889
this>>170467582

also the Forerunner trilogy if you wanna know more about them and the Didact and the Librarian
>>
>>170465365
>>170466968
>>170467068

That's true but as I said I haven't played those games growing up and never played any other shooter series than Battlefield online (starting from 2) so it felt a bit odd. I wonder what they will do in 6.
>>
>>170467557
Because they're in charge of everything Halo.
>>
>>170466889
More or less read the novels via order of release.

The Flood is the only novel that's a direct novelization of one of the games (CE), and perhaps not coincidentally it's the one of the worst books, though it does have a few cool bits in it.

If I had to trim up some fat and not reccomend reading all of them, i'd say do

Fall of Reach > (skipping the flood) > First Strike > Ghosts of Onyx > Contact Harvest > (Halo wars if you haven't played it ) > Evolutions > Forerunner Triology > Broken Circle > Last Light > Fractures

You'd be skipping cole protocol, the travis books, new blood, and hunters in the dark, and smoke and shadow here. Cole protocol is fine, I guess, but I never found it particularly interesting. If you do want to go for it, read it after Contact harvest/halo wars.

The travis books get a bad rap and have issues so I excluded them but I honestly liked the first two, the third is legit awful. They cover the state of the universe post halo 3 before halo 4 and explain the origins of the covenant faction you fight in 4 and 5.

New blood explains what happens to the squad in ODST after that and how buck got to where he is in 5. It's pretty iffy, like the flood. Hunters in the dark is alright I guess but not great. It's vale's backstory and has a joint UNSC/elite team (including the elites players 3 and 4 play as in halo 3) going back to the ark after Halo 3

I haven't read Smoke and Shadow yet
>>
>>170462940
How about the invisible AND shielded bases that automatically require a minimum of 10 cloak detecting units and still not be able to take it down.
>>
>>170469038
>>170466889
Actually, thinking about it, you need to at least read the first travis book, glasslands, before reading Last Light.
>>
>>170469048
Is this really how counter cloaking works?
>>
>>170469048
It's only that hard if your opponent has their entire army in the vicinity and fully upgraded buildings
>>
>>170467582
Halo Reach is the ONI propaganda movie about the Fall of Reach.
>>
>>170469689
yeah it'd only really be a problem if their entire army could teleport from one end of the map to the other...haha
>>
>>170469852
The point is you blow it up first because you've made your ultimate unit, right? It's eleven minutes into the game you should have one by now.
>>
>>170470019
blow up their army first, that is
>>
>>170470019
It's ridiculous to me that this is the actual "strategy" with the game. Why even have an infantry and vehicle depot? Just move wolvies to main base or Armory. Ultimate units should be a 20 minute thing at least
>>
>>170471145
Because if the game takes 20 minutes it goes on for too long.
it's like those idiots who play dominion and decide the best course of action is to go blow up the enemy bases instead of completing the objective.
>>
>>170471682
The longer games feel more satisfying. "lets see who can speedrun their ultimate unit faster" isn't a fun game.
>>
>>170472397
That's why I only play legendary skirmishes now.
That and because its the only venue where I can actually be effective with artillery
>>
>>170472397
Just build MASS INFANTRY
>>
>>170469842
This
>>
File: Retired.jpg (109KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Retired.jpg
109KB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>170473729
Thats stupid and cheesy and doest work past like 3-5 mins or earlier if you get two turrets
>>
File: butt.jpg (558KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
butt.jpg
558KB, 800x600px
>cortana the shield!
>>
File: 1488296188071.gif (885KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
1488296188071.gif
885KB, 250x189px
>>170476342
>he thinks two turrets stops mass infantry
>>
File: frank.png (26KB, 323x428px) Image search: [Google]
frank.png
26KB, 323x428px
Mass infantry+brute warlord+decimus drop
>>
File: halo.jpg (529KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
halo.jpg
529KB, 1600x900px
What Halo story would you like to see post Halo 6?
Don't kid yourself you know they're going to keep going.
>>
>>170477637
Did you get murdered?
>>
>>170479728
The guy playing that was my ally and he murdered the other two guys pretty much by himself.
>>
File: 300px-HW_Alice-130_-_03.jpg (12KB, 300x152px) Image search: [Google]
300px-HW_Alice-130_-_03.jpg
12KB, 300x152px
Who else here /bigdickbitch/???
>>
>>170479723
Some kind of civil war in the UNSC maybe
>>
>>170480026
her missions were the most fun in the campaign
>>
>>170480207
I was a Palmer guy, but now I just want Alice. whadda woman I bet she's a freak in the sack
>>
File: I can't skreeonk to this shit.jpg (330KB, 1052x505px) Image search: [Google]
I can't skreeonk to this shit.jpg
330KB, 1052x505px
>>170480342
>I was a Palmer guy
>>
>>170480026
id ride her hog
>>
>>170480342
>I was a Palmer guy
>>
i cant find a single image of alice being cute. pls help
>>
>>170481140
There are none
>>
>>170481304
why? shes got sass and a real mouth
>>
>>170480909
>>170480529
I honestly dont know why vg hates palmer so much. I liked her ever since she gave chief a hard time in 4.
>>
File: JUST seal.jpg (68KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
JUST seal.jpg
68KB, 410x410px
Why does Halo PC multiplayer have to be so shit? Just BRs and spics.

Is Halo 2 PC any better in this regard?
>>
>>170481140
Pretty sure that there's not a whole lot of Red team stuff. I think Dougy's the only one we've even seen the face of and thats only cause he got manhandled like a bitch
>>
>>170481449
>just BRs and spics

HUEHUEHUEHUE
>>
>>170481342
Because she's always got her helmet on
>>
>>170481519
>not finding female variant spartan armor is cute
>>
>>170481723
She's got unisex MK IV though
only the spartan 4's got variant armor
>>
File: grHkY8p.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
grHkY8p.gif
2MB, 750x750px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkGtVJVYps
>the Halo community is too fragmented/old/doesn't care enough for this to happen again
>>
>>170481723
Her armor is literally indistinguishable from the other two minus the decals they have.

Speaking of which, I hope that if they keep the 2 piece armor customization a thing that they add an armor decal thing.
>>
File: IMG_1223.jpg (34KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1223.jpg
34KB, 511x288px
Is Halo Legends any good?
>>
>>170482473
the one short that's in your picture is funny enough.
The rest aren't
>>
>>170482473
The Arbiter short is fucking clutch
>>
>>170471145
>Ultimate units should be a 20 minute thing at least
Found the RTS noob. Literally no match will go that long in an RTS unless it's between two top tier players in a game with rigid tech trees and they both decide to re tech multiple times to counter each other OR both players are totally shit and slow. Battles between average players are relatively short and the person who makes the fewest mistakes wins.
>>
>>170482473
its bad
>>
>>170484162
I had a game where me and my ally pumped out our ultimate unit and immediately smashed the other team and it still took 18 minutes, 8 of which was getting the unit out so 20 minute games aren't an odd thing.
>>
File: 1446739906.jpg (24KB, 121x161px) Image search: [Google]
1446739906.jpg
24KB, 121x161px
>>170484162
>i average around 20 mins on anything but blitz
>>
>>170484162
>a game with rigid tech trees
Like what?
>>
>>170484764
If there's a shipmaster things usually go longer
>>
>>170484162
>He doesn't turtle until his opponent quits out of frustration an hour later
laughingkodiaks.png
>>
File: 1465846006922.jpg (79KB, 730x654px) Image search: [Google]
1465846006922.jpg
79KB, 730x654px
>they finally fixed vehicle welding
>>
>>170487560
shut the fuck up
>>
>>170487694
fuck outta here
>>
File: 1488188157482.png (3MB, 1152x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1488188157482.png
3MB, 1152x1296px
reminder
>>
>>170488662
Nice b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
anyone doing customs? inb4 browser
>>
File: jokes.png (5KB, 284x274px) Image search: [Google]
jokes.png
5KB, 284x274px
>>170488742
>>
>>170488662
>Didnt even recreate the armor exactly
>>
>>170481449
There are just Mexicans playing.
t. I'm a BR. We don't even have our own server, we play in latino servers. I want to make a Brazilian server.
>Is Halo 2 PC any better in this regard?
Probably yes. See http://www.h2v.online/
>>
>>170465002
Same deal here, except I stopped at 3, started at Reach. Played them on Heroic, for reference.

1=>3>Reach>ODST>2

I know i'll probably be castrated for my taste, but at least let me explain my opinion.

1 was easily the best, a great challenge that wasn't ever bullshit and a lot of variety with the strategies you could employ against the Covenant. The Covenant are also the strongest, and most well-designed here, there is a each species has a distinct role, and has strengths and weaknesses that compliment the weapon choices given to you for each mission. It was, funnily enough, the weakest game for the flood, whom were just annoying most of the time and boring to fight.

3 was easily as good as 1 at certain points, Brutes provided a good substitute to elites, while the extra variety in weapons and species to fight, both for Covenant and Flood, was a great strength the game had. The level design was also great as well, on par and definitely surpassing Halo 1 at certain points. However, it suffers from 2 flaws, being too short and High Charity even existing as a concept for a level. This kinda knocks it below 1, though in my eyes its still just as good.

Reach was just boring, but objectively there's not necessarily anything bad about it. The only bad things are lack of variety in strategy (DMR is literally all you need to get through the campaign) and certain spots being bullshit, though the lack of flood and more focus on Covenant is actually a plus, surprisingly enough.

ODST was a fun little game, and had a really unique atmosphere when compared to the other games, the writing was also a lot more light-hearted and, I felt like it could've been rated T, because there wasn't much maturity in it's content. But the campaign was SOOO easy even on heroic, like I beat it in one day, mainly because its easy and also its really short, which kinda knocks it down quite a bit on the scale.
>>
>>170479723
Halo Harvest
>>
>>170454248
>>170454342
It usually works in campaign, but I once had half of the Mammoth level in Halo 4 not load. Everything after the toxic river, where you have to leave the Mammoth just did not load. The Mammoth itself was driving on invisible terrain for a bit before that point, too. Weirdest glitch, and it only happened once. Restarting the level fixed it, luckily.
>>
>>170488662
Is it just me or does H5 look cartooney?
>>
>>170490271
I mean bonnie even said everything was designed to make toys so take from that what you will
>>
>>170489610
I agree with you completely though I think you were a tad hard on 2
>>
File: Sentinel Beacons.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sentinel Beacons.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
And here we see the wild Anders main in their natural habitat, preparing for retaliation strikes after their sentinel rushes fail
>>
>>170491145
You should honestly be banned for this post
>>
>>170491314
thers always a respawn
>>
>>170491145
whats the best episode of zim?
>>
>>170489610
What were your issues with 2?

You should at least give 4 and 5 playthroughs if you're in this deep, too.
>>
>>170492925
>You should at least give 4 and 5 playthroughs if you're in this deep, too.
That's probably the worst advice you could possibly give someone.

Ignore him.
>>
>>170493506
They're both kinda shit but they have their moments desu
>>
>>170495137
HOPE YA DON'T MIND HOOFIN IT A BIT>
>>
File: doubt.jpg (198KB, 601x911px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
198KB, 601x911px
>>170495137
yes.
What were Halo 5's moments again?
>>
>>170496991
When you see argent moon in dry dock through the glass.
Near end of blue team when you're in the room with power weapon cases spread around and waves keep coming including some hunters.
>>
>>170496991
The fight down the side of the guardian was fun even if it didn't make any sense
>>
>>170496991
The first couple Warden Eternal encounters, even though they started spamming him later

That one level on Sanghelios was very well designed and fun to play

There were some cool set pieces and really well-animated cutscenes

The campaign itself is actually not that bad desu, it's just the story that's ass
>>
>>170498084
>The campaign itself is actually not that bad desu
the cycle is accelerating
>>
>>170498342
I thought it was fun when I first played it. Doesn't have as good level design as 1 or 3, but it's on par with 2 and easily better than 4 IMO.
>>
>>170498342
The campaign itself was never bad. The only problems were the story and lack of Chief missions.
>>
>>170498084
>>170498414
bad story was enough to kill the campaign, at least for me.
And the fights weren't fun enough to carry it since you had to juggle retarded teammates with bullet sponge enemies. Although the sanghelios missions were good.
>>
>>170498420
>The campaign itself was never bad
The brakes have been cut!
>>
>>170498739
You sound like someone who never had the chance to play the game in 4-player co-op.
>>
>>170498853
co-op makes anything fun, I can have fun playing Spartan Ops if I'm playing it with friends. By itself the campaign is interesting for a little bit but then it just drags and it's usually because the interest fades as soon as the prometheans appear. That and Team Osiris being about as interesting as three boards and a case of Buck-shot.
>>
>>170498519
Honestly halo has only really impressed me in level design and combat in CE, 3, and maybe a little in ODST and 5. Once you've fought some aliens/robots for a few missions in the others, you've fought them everywhere.

>>170498739
Bad story =/= bad campaign from an objective point of view, unless you think story is more important than gameplay which I strongly, strongly disagree with.
>>
>>170492925
Fundamentally, the gameplay was designed to be faster for two reasons: 1. they wanted to make a splash with their multiplayer and 2. they wanted to make gameplay more precise than CE. To this end they introduced the BR as the new "default weapon", but this actually just fucked the balance beyond belief, because like Reach, you ALWAYS needed a BR, because it was just too powerful. Sometimes the player was forced to make a decision on which power weapon they wanted; rockets or sniper. but because you already have a god-like precision weapon, the choice is obvious: you go for rockets for the anti-vehicle and anti-crowd. The only realistic drawback is the lack of ammo, but this doesn't balance the weapon, it only serves to annoy the player because any other option is simply not efficient enough to warrant them using anything else. So the player is forced to take it slow and pick off enemies from the back, completely defeating the purpose of the supposed "faster" gameplay. Also, the introduction of drones, enemies who could NOT be headshot was extremely counterintuitive. and BRUTES, these FUCKERS are the most annoying enemies ever designed in ANY halo game. they could take multiple headshots, and if they went beserk became immune completely, while having their health immediately double while charging the player. even a shotgun was ineffective in taking them out, and lets not forget brutes can one shot you. It was a fallacy of design philosophy that really sabotages the experience near the end. However, the rest of the campaign is pretty solid, and the flood are surprisingly fun to fight this time around when compared to CE (far easier to headshot)

oh, and the levels just kept fucking going ON AND ON AND ON, like jesus these levels are so fucking long and take a serious toll on your mind because they are just so mindlessly boring, even on heroic you cant go apeshit without dying immediately, unlike in literally all the other games, where offense is king
>>
>>170499717
ODST was good design but Mombasa Streets seemed to have a lot of recycled assets, unless I was walking in circles a lot
>>
>>
>>170499717
The story isn't the only thing bad with the campaign.
>>
>>170499797
Don't forget in campaign if you don't have a beam rifle you're beyond fucked because have fun getting close to anybody
>>
New Halo Wars 2 update for PC when
>>
>>170500001
I have to get me one of those models
>>
>>170500107
Okay, what else is bad?
>>
File: get rekt scrub.png (21KB, 804x522px) Image search: [Google]
get rekt scrub.png
21KB, 804x522px
Kek
>>
>>170500980
The enemies.
>>
I miss Marty
Jinnouchi is okay and I think Davidge was severely underrated, but there's nothing like hearing Marty's work
>>
File: 20170308_224944.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170308_224944.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
If you told me 5 years ago that mega bloks would get to this level of quality and detail, i would not believe it.
>>
>>170503301
They look like literal shit
>>
File: Legendary Donald.png (165KB, 276x380px) Image search: [Google]
Legendary Donald.png
165KB, 276x380px
>>170503301
>quality and detail
Sure, anon.
>>
>>170481362
>random angry cunt for no reason
About sums it up.
>>
File: 20170307_001049.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170307_001049.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>170503420
>>170503734
You guys jelly of my collectable plastic.
>>
>>170504128
Oh my god what did they do to Tanaka
>>
Is 343 in-fucking-capable of making an even match, or is Halo 5 just that dead? You can only choose one because it's a one or the other proposition. There is no third option.
>>
>>170504128
Wow you must go outside a lot
>>
>>170504303
Maybe the system thought you were better than you actually are.
>>
>>170504448
I have to, they dont sell these in my house.
>>
>>170504472
Seeing as I'm awful at games, I still blame 343 for that misconception.
>>
>>170504128
The fact that you still buy COD makes me question your taste.
>>
is there a fix to crashing in warzone constantly?
>>
>>170505517
Buying more req pack
>>
File: e.png (776KB, 590x592px) Image search: [Google]
e.png
776KB, 590x592px
but of course!

really anon I need help!
>>
>>170505719
Buy more req packs
>>
File: 1488395849911.jpg (761KB, 2589x1869px) Image search: [Google]
1488395849911.jpg
761KB, 2589x1869px
>>170505776
>>
>>170503301
That's actually pretty good compared to Lego minifigs.
>>
>>170505514
I only buy them for the campaigns but as you can see from the small tease in that photo, i have a pretty varied taste, chill down.
>>
>>170506189
>pretty varied taste
No. You are just rich.
>Chill down
It's already cold here.
>>
File: Aftermath.jpg (148KB, 587x800px) Image search: [Google]
Aftermath.jpg
148KB, 587x800px
>>170506189
zombie games and generic shooters are varied?
oK
>>
File: good goy.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
good goy.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Don't you love blitz?
>>
File: CAM0whore.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CAM0whore.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>
>>170509128
Not even a quarter of my collection buddy, the only genres i avoid are weebshit and racing.
>>
>>170509636
It's too fast for me, i don't really like it. The firefight version is great though.
>>
>>170504128
you dont deserve thous
>>
File: freedum oh art.jpg (452KB, 1669x1504px) Image search: [Google]
freedum oh art.jpg
452KB, 1669x1504px
>>170510158
you dont desrce to be here
>>
>>170458506
This
>>
>>170454097
Once again this
>>
>>170453687
I heavily believe Microsoft will pull a Halo 3 and put Halo 6's beta in Crackdown 3.
>>
>>170490271
Halo 1-4 look cartooney.
>>
>>170509128
I love how Master Chief's a one man army
>>
File: 1479256385347.jpg (45KB, 410x490px) Image search: [Google]
1479256385347.jpg
45KB, 410x490px
>>170482009
>tfw you were born too late to experience midnight releases like this
>tfw now people just sit at home and download it instead of waiting in the cold having a good time to get their game
>tfw the internet has ruined everything

It's not that the community doesn't want it, it's that it's not possible. People don't go to midnight releases anymore, because you can just have shit shipped to your house or download it immediately.

The magic is gone, anon.
>>
>>170519592
I went to H3's midnight launch, it wasn't that great. Just a bunch of standing out in the cold
>>
>>170519592
Same with movies, remember having to drive or walk to Blockbuster to grab a movie you've been itching to watch? Now you just gotta sit down and you have thousands of movies at your fingertips, it's convenient sure, but it's not special anymore, it's just household commonplace.
>>
>>170509950
Why
>>
>>170509636
Kodiak fun time is a great playlist
>>
>>170500980
Almost everything.
>>
>>170520738
Are you moving to USA?
>>
>>170504128
X1 games have the most visually pleasing spine art put of any box art I've ever seen, and my collection dates back to the 5400
>>
>>170519592
>people don't go to midnight releases anymore
Oh, you.
People still go to midnight releases just like they used to.
The Switch launch was lines down the fucking street.
The Battlefield 1 launch had the same thing.

The reason people don't go to Halo midnight launches anymore is a problem with Halo's popularity, not the culture of Midnight releases.
What is popular changes.
>>
>>170529161
Why do you ask?
>>
>>170529451
Thread was on the last page or so and I didn't have anything else to bump with
>>
File: Demon man or Devil guy.png (237KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
Demon man or Devil guy.png
237KB, 683x384px
>>170529580
>>
>>170525521
Well, firefight is.
Normal blitz is meh.
>>
>>170529341
>tfw mall was crowded as fuck for bf1
>>
>>170529341
I've gone to ever Halo midnight launches with the exception of CE, Wars, and Wars 2.
I've had the fortunate ability to go to the very same best buy every time, so I can make a decent comparison. For reference, this is a popular Best Buy just outside of downtown Boston, Massachusetts, so it's a big population area.

>Halo 2
Lines at the door going around the block. I had my friend save our spot so I could deep how far they went. It was literally something like a quarter mile.

>Halo 3
This time they let people in the store and it filled up the whole store like a mosh pit. The lines still went out the door and even farther. This is the biggest midnight launch I've ever seen.

>Halo 3: ODST
the store was not packed but there were a good number of people inside. There wernt really any lines going out the door. A few days later (or earlier, I forget) I went to the MW2 launch and it was very similar to the Halo 3 launch.

>Halo: Reach
Very similar to the Halo 2 launch. The lines didn't go for as long but they did let people in so it was somewhere between ODST and 2 maybe.

>Halo 4
Similar to the ODST-sized crowd. Maybe a bit bigger. I should note that this time that the people that showed up seemed to be more interested in the campaign than the multiplayer. Still a good crowd nonetheless.

>Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Tiny. They didn't even let people in before midnight. I got there at 10 like I usually did and was like the second person there. I could have gotten there at 11:30 and would have been like the 6th.

>Halo 5: Guardians
Once again pretty pathetic. Probably 30 people waiting outside the store.

We had our time in the sun, and it was great. I feel it's best to look at the journey and appreciate that instead of what we have come to now. Halo might be just another shooter franchise to most people, but I'll always remember the time where it caused people to stand in the cold for hours.
>>
>>170533416
Oh, I almost forgot the MCC!
It was a meh crowd. Bigger than CEA, 4, and 5 but still nothing to balk about. The people there were noticeably older for the most part.
>>
>>170533416
This post made me depressed.
>>
So. Next month at some time I will be playing Halo from CE down to 5. I'll do solo or co-op. And over awhile (like maybe a mission a day. Or such. I'm not rushing through)

So. If anyone wants to play do me a favor

>Leave me a gamertag.
>Tell which games you're open to

I'll get a list. And when I'm about to play I'll invite. Remember some games I'll only get one person. Some 3.

And I'll probably do heroic. It's always the better option.
>>
>>170533416

Digital downloads my friend

Same reason we will never have the blockbuster feel

GTA was big. But probably because digital download would be forever.

And with Xbox live pass and faster online, lines for all games will die out. Why wait on line. Support shitty stores like GameStop. When you can drink a beer and have your game at 12
>>
>>170534134
Nintendo games are the only ones worth getting physically nowadays because they don't have any install time.
>>
>>170534269
I fucking hate that discs need install time now
>>
>>170535723
I used to buy physical because of my shitternet, but now there's no point
>>
File: xbox live thank you 3 9 2017.png (59KB, 346x698px) Image search: [Google]
xbox live thank you 3 9 2017.png
59KB, 346x698px
Oh baby I needed another Microsoft (You).
>>
File: fancy weed ok sign.png (384KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
fancy weed ok sign.png
384KB, 526x526px
>First flood level in CE

Kino

no other level came close
>>
>>170537287
Now there's an opinion I can agree with
>>
File: 2017-03-09-1215-42.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-09-1215-42.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Boy, this webm looks shittier than usual. Anyway, if you're playing covenant slayer on riptide, go out of your way to pick up the blissful slumber. It's stupidly powerful.
>>
>>170537287
>>170538126
TWO SCARABS I REPEAT TWO SCARABS
>>
File: disgusting abomination.jpg (247KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting abomination.jpg
247KB, 1280x720px
Wort 'Wortee waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were brutes in the base. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Wo 'Rtwort were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Wort was an elite for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad “I want to be on the ships daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY BRUTES”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the Covenan he knew there were brutes.
“This is Wo” the radio crackered. “You must fight the brutes!”
So Wort gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the brutes
“I will swing at him” said the chieftain and he swinged the gravity hammer. Wort plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the brutes” he shouted
The radio said “No, Wort. You are the brutes”
And then Wort was a fucking 343i """"elite""""
>>
>>170539689
You have an extra MB.
why is your xboxdvr a year out of date
>>
>>170540071
I don't use Xbox DVR, I have a capture card. It's not the best, but it usually does better than that shamefur dispray.

Is XBDVR more convenient? I've never used it.
>>
>>170540209
>Is XBDVR more convenient?
Probably not if you have capture card.
>>
>>170540209
Auto uploads so you can pull it from your pc
>>
File: 2017-03-09-1304-54.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-09-1304-54.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Through some cosmic miscalculation, the bumblefucks marching in single file to get schlonged are on the enemy team today instead of mine.
>>
>>170534134
As someone that still goes to midnight releases, I can say this post is full of shit.

The Battlefield 1 launch was one of the biggest I've ever seen.
>>
>>170543616
I didn't go to the BF1 launch but I went to the switch launch and there were still hundreds of people in line just for the wii U version
>>
File: jackals_have_trancended_doors.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jackals_have_trancended_doors.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Explain THIS, lorefags!
>>
>>170543305
Higher bitrate!
>>
>>170544015
Kig Yar actually comes from a corruption of a word known to the forerunner "Kinyur", which roughly translates to "strong vibration". They were known to phase through walls by manually aligning their subatomic particles to fit through the empty spaces between atoms of solid surfaces.

>>170544219
I usually don't have a problem leaving that field blank in webm for retards, but I'll have to play around with it. I'm guessing all the bring colors and flashes from plasma weapons is messing with it.
>>
>>170544370
Set bitrate to around 3145*8/duration.
>>
File: spongebob heyo.png (295KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob heyo.png
295KB, 512x384px
>>170544370
Bright colors. I don't know where "bring colors" came from. Unless I'm giving someone advice for how to get back into Reach.
>>
>>170543616
Still surprised at how popular it was
>>
File: 2017-03-09-1345-37(original).webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-09-1345-37(original).webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>170544934
Good call. I can't capture as much though, so this clip doesn't feature me jumping off the side of the map despondent that I got cucked out of the over/exterm.
>>
When I was 19 I made the stupidest decision of my life. I drove after drinking. It was night and hard to see but I was determined I was getting home and nothing was stopping me. In my drunken state I started to veer into the oncoming lane with one eye open. Shortly after a van with a family almost collided with me but I was just aware enough to swing the wheel and miss. I went through a guardrail and into a tree.
Anybody want to play Halo 5?
>>
Did you guys stopped playing Halo 5 customs or just don't announce it in these threads anymore?
>>
>>170540042
I want Peter Chimaera to leave
>>
>>170547634
Post GT
>>
>>170547634
I may as well admit this anonymously as well: drunk driving is the only time in my life I've truly felt a thrill. Knowing how dangerous it was, that the consequences could literally be a matter of life and death, made my adrenaline spike like nothing ever had or has done since.
>>
>>170547645
Halo Wars 2 hapoened.
I'll be doing some octagon and arena later tonight though. Post GT if you're interested.
>>
>>170549046
Hope you run into a tree.
>>
>>170549046
Normally I'd say whatever, but this isn't just about you. You're putting other people at risk. That's not fair to them.
If you want a near death adrenaline rush, do it in a vacuum where other people can't be involved.
>>
What made Halo 2's multiplayer so special?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWv-kHFKcwc
>>
>>170550554
it was BR-centered garbage, take off the rose tinted goggles
>>
>>170550554
It hit (most of) the right notes. It just feels... right.

Also, it has the best multiplayer map lineup in history
>>
>>170550554
The maps.
We have yet to come fucking close.
>>
>>170489610
The Covenant weren't well designed in the later Halo games?
>>
>>170550626
what's wrong with that?
>>
>>170549046
I've ridden my motorcycle while mildy intoxicated. Really incredible feeling, but it's a high that's closely achieved by just speeding on a motorcycle anyways.

Driving drunk in a car is really nerve wracking and unpleasant.

Not fucking worth it in any case.
>>
>>170550739
>tfw no more good maps ever
>>
>>170553672
Was Skyline the last goodish map from Gaylo?
>>
>>170553927
>Gaylo
Never heard that term in YEARS. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>170553927
Did Halo 4 have good maps?
>>
>>170553672
>*tfw no more good Arena maps ever
I like the warzone maps, it's a shame we can't use them for custom games and BTB.
>>
>>170554034
Haha, no problem, friend! No problem at all haha!
>>170554083
Skyline was from H4.

I liked Longbow and Exile a whole lot as well for Dominion and Big Team.
>>
>>170554083
Master chief had a cool hat.
>>
h4 had some great DLC maps.

Shame the game died before they fixed most of it.
>>
>>170554083
4's one good side was decent maps
>>
>>170556560
Halo 4's other good side was making the assault rifle and carbine useful weapons and making the ripped human turret hilariously good
>>
>>170557873
I'm glad the AR has a place now
>>
>>170559582
longshot AR is bae
>>
Heroic on all of them? At least legendary for CE and 3 cmon man
>>
>>170560115
Legendary difficulty doesn't matter much for some people, the only reason I did it was for Helioskrill armor
>>
>>170560115
>>170560398
What are you talking about?
>>
Did anyone watch Favyn's newest video?
>HELP HELP PLEASE!
> I NEED MONEY, PLEASE DONATE TO PAETRON!
>I ONLY MADE $35 DOLLARS LAST MONTH I CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS!!!
>I'M A LICENSE RETAILER AND I DON'T HAVE ANY CLIENTS
>I'M 22 GOD I'M SO OLD FOR VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>170560954
It was actually really hard for me to watch.
It was pretty bleak.
You can tell he's about to break.
>>
>>170560954
It's a shame. He's one of the better ones.
Meanwhile the act man puts in like 10% of the effort and has 3x the subscribers and is interviewing ex Bungie devs
>>
>absolutely clean house this morning, 30 kills a game, multiple exterminations
>get on this afternoon
>shoe is on the other foot, and that foot is lodged squarely up my ass

The universe is once again in harmony.
>>
>>170561118
>shitting on /our guy/
You better appologize
>>
>>170550626
>BR-centered
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>170560954
One of the biggest lies that /v/ passes around is that youtubing is a profitable profession.

It's just a handful of people making 6 or 7 figures and everyone else being dirt poor
>>
>>170561291
>One of the biggest lies that /v/ passes around is that youtubing is a profitable profession.
>It's just a handful of people making 6 or 7 figures and everyone else being dirt poor
So it's just like everything else then.
>>
>>170561357
Kek
>>
>>170561168
>/our guy/
Based on what? Does he post here?
>>
>>170562087
OF COURSH
>>
>>170561209
I'll never get why people think it's a bad thing
>>
>>170563336
>>170561209
>>170550978
>What's wrong with weapon balance being so bad that only one gun is worth using outside of power weapons?

That being said, I still love H2 MP
>>
>>170479723
Back to the Bungie style. More Flood,less covvies Fuck off with the Elites there is no way in hell a society all about honor is going to continue fighting for a group that stabbed them in the back super hard and less QTE's. And especially bring back Marty!
>>
>>170563972
>dick riding Marty
R.A is better
>>
>>170564430
>>dick riding Marty
What?
>R.A is better
Gonna have to disagree with ya there, hard
>>
>>170479723
Kilo 5 saga.
>>
>>170479723
The Thursday war in particular. I'm. It sure if it would make a good game to be honest but I love the story of kilo 5. It's good filler from the destruction of the ark to chief landing on Requim.
>>
>>170479723
Proper Fall of Reach game
>>
>>170563336
It's not a bad thing.
It's also not even completely true.
But whatever, the game is 12 years old now.
>>
>>170568291
This is why /hg/ is best when we don't discuss the games.
No odyssey is interested in discussion, just cementing their opinion on a higher pedestal than others.
It's the reason everyone is constantly scrambling for leadership. Say what you will about Kai, I've never seen him remove someone just because they disagreed with him.
>>
>>170568465
I scrolled through the last 100 posts and over half of them were telling other people "You're wrong"

What a shitty general.
>>
>>170568585
Part of me wishes there were ID tags here just so we could see who the shitposters are.
>>
>>170568702
we're all shitposters in our own right
>>
All you fags complaining, you should know by now not to trust /hg/ or any general as a "family". They will only hurt you.
This place is good in doses. That's all.
>>
>>170568585
It's any general with a game like Halo
>>
>>170562087
His chin, of course
>>
File: akuuulaugh.gif (895KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
akuuulaugh.gif
895KB, 640x480px
>random 1v1 matches
>I'm rank 15
>he's rank 1
>build 2 scarabs
>just in case
>>
File: IMG_1226.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1226.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
Wtf I hate the UNSC now.
>>
I was reading the descriptions of the weapons with the hybrid sights and the Needler Warthog yesterday. Think anything is going to come of that?
>>
>>170573531
no
>>
>>170573531
Uh, those weapons and vehicles?
>>
>2 games in a row
>just sentinel spam
what a fun game
>>
>>170574584
It is fun, it's just not very tactical
>>
>>170574584
Just infantry rush
>>
>>170576295
I tried that and lost
>>
File: Spartans on the Ground.webm (3MB, 852x478px) Image search: [Google]
Spartans on the Ground.webm
3MB, 852x478px
>>
>>170577823
Try to get unit cap by 4 minutes
>>
>>170579159
All of those Spartans died
>>
>>170451945
If Halo 3 got a remaster would they bring it to PC?

I never go to these threads or even play Halo anymore, but I was watching a random video and for a couple seconds the Halo 3 main menu played with it's background music, and I almost started crying like a faggot. It brought back a lot of memories.
>>
>>170579228
>4 minutes
How?
>>
File: 1479254614965.jpg (41KB, 700x505px) Image search: [Google]
1479254614965.jpg
41KB, 700x505px
>>170582240
>>
>>170582491
It's not funny when it gets spammed in every thread
>>
>>170582240
>would they bring it to PC
If they want money they would
>>
>>170582491
It's fun being a contrarian isn't it? What local business did you buy your non-GMO flannel jacket from?
>>
File: 47365847568746.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
47365847568746.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>170582618
Why specifically say Halo 3? Why not MCC? Halo 2A standalone? Reach? It really shows how people generally only like Halo 3 over others because "muh nostalgia" and "le first Halo".
>>
>>170582618
>I almost started crying
>>
>>170582240
>If Halo 3 got a remaster would they bring it to PC?
They'd bring it to windows 10. Either way, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

>>170583045
They have to do something for the anniversary of Halo 3. Based on what's happened in the past. With Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary gettingt a "similar" multiplayer mode in Halo: Reach when it came out and because of the MCC, I'm betting that's what's going to happen with Halo 3's anniversary. A Halo legacy playlist that will get announced for the anniversary.

343i has already claimed that they're going to bring some kind of "legacy" playlist and I think they're just waiting for that for it to be their final content update for Halo 5.
>>
>>170583160
because MCC and H2A/reach have been out for years you fucking mong
they fucking hate bringing pre-existing titles to the PC without neutering them unless they release on both platforms at launch
>>
>>170583980
To add to this, they'll probably add the brute-themed update around the end of this month or early next month. At E3, they'll announce that their last content update will be to celebrate Halo 3 and they'll also most likely show a teaser for Halo 6 with the beta of that being sometime early next year. I don't know why I just kind of like speculating like this.
>>
Halo 2 > Halo CE > Halo 3
>>
>>170587337
Agreed
>>
>>170587337
Halo Trilogy > 343 shit > Reach > the EU
>>
>>170587337
Yes
>>
>>170587526
I kinda hate how correct are you.
>>
>>170587337
CE = H2 > H3
>>
>>170587337
CE = ODST > 2 > 3 = Reach
>>
You know, ranking shit like this really doesn't do anything, but I suppose it's all we're good for. We certainly can't have actual discussions, so why not, let's have at dem rank opinions
>>
>>170587623
>CE = H2
you're wrong
>>
>>170587623
Winrar right here
>>
>>170587526
But Halo 5 multiplayer is better than Halo 3 multiplayer.
>>
Two Betrayals > The Silent Cartographer > Assault on the Control Room > The Maw > 343 Guilty Spark > Truth & Reconciliation > Halo > The Library > The Pillar of Autumn > Keyes
>>
File: that's kimmy funny.jpg (1MB, 3312x4040px) Image search: [Google]
that's kimmy funny.jpg
1MB, 3312x4040px
>>170588001
>But Halo 5 multiplayer is better than Halo 3 multiplayer.
>>
>>170588001
>What is a campaign?
>>170588083
The only real good levels of CE are Halo, Two Betrayals, The Silent Cartographer and Assault on the Control Room. The rest is mediocre.
>>
>>170588083
Switch AOTCR and TSC and I've never seen someone more correct than you here
>>
>>170588001
For the 10 people that still play it, maybe.
For everyone else, not even close.
>>
If cloning technology is available to humanity in the Halo universe why don't they just clone disposable troops?
>>
>>170588001
To each his own.
Please keep your own far away from mine.
>>
>>170588242
Why pay a bunch of money making clones when you're citizens will do it for you and volunteer?
>>
2 > 3 > CE > 5 > Reach > 4
>>
>The Silent Cartographer level
>Great scenery and concept
>Barely anything in the island is interactable, and nothing really interesting is happening in most of the zone, not even easters eggs
come on
>>
I feel like these rankings are like a bunch of people fishing. They throw their honest opinions in the water, and they see which fanboys of which game gets triggered the most to bite.
>>
>>170588492
Why would posting your honest opinion be fishing?
>>
>>170588492
>I feel like these rankings are like a bunch of people fishing. They throw their honest opinions in the water, and they see which fanboys of which game gets triggered the most to bite.
That's essentially what it boils down to
It's always amusing to watch people not be able to cope with the concept that not everyone has the same opinion as them.
>>
>>170588547
>Why would posting your honest opinion be fishing?
I guess it's the difference between fishing and "baiting", the latter of which where you're just saying whatever even if you don't believe it deliberately to rigger someone.
Perhaps it's a bad analogy.
>>
What a fragmented fucking community
>>
>>170588568
>look at me I'm so above it all
>>
>>170588750
>What a fragmented fucking community
I'm not saying it's not fragmented, but /hg/ makes it look worse than it is.
>>
>Discovered this general around december
>Missing out the H5 era
sadface.jpg
>>
File: Fishing.png (21KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Fishing.png
21KB, 512x384px
>>170588754
>>
File: 1487812168151.jpg (23KB, 456x312px) Image search: [Google]
1487812168151.jpg
23KB, 456x312px
>when he says H5 is like CoD
>>
>>170588939
You missed nothing.
There's a reason it barely lasted a year.
>>
File: H2A_In_Amber_Clad_orbit_earth.png (3MB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
H2A_In_Amber_Clad_orbit_earth.png
3MB, 1920x818px
>>
>>170589023
>barely lasted a year
We're easily going to hit 1.5 years faggot.
>>
>>170589146
>don't you dare make fun of Halo 5! We love it here!
Someone post last month's activity graph.
>>
>>170589146
I mean, if you count the average player playing a few games a MONTH, then yeah sure.
>>
>>170589146
Looks like we hit a nerve, folks!
>>
File: IMG_0247.gif (39KB, 150x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0247.gif
39KB, 150x270px
>>170587337
Halo CE > Halo 3 > Halo 2
>>
File: Dare.png (312KB, 774x950px) Image search: [Google]
Dare.png
312KB, 774x950px
>Muh orders
>>
>>170589540
WE'RE WAY OFF TARGET
>>
File: ).png (205KB, 800x330px) Image search: [Google]
).png
205KB, 800x330px
>>170589257
>>170589310
>>170589369
>>
Name one thing /hg/ is good for
>>
File: canon.png (657KB, 1023x429px) Image search: [Google]
canon.png
657KB, 1023x429px
Sorry Tanaka-fags, turns out the lady's taken.
>>
>>170589861
>Name one thing /hg/ is good for
Watching Reachfags and 5fags go at it like 2 retards do trying to compete in a freestyle rap battle.
>>
>>170589004
why did they make lena dunham into an AI in haah waaw 2
>>
>>170589936
>Locke touching one of the characters I liked
REE GET THAT NIGGER AWAY
>>
>>170589942
10/10.
Basically the only interesting thing that happens here
>>
>>170589942
t. 3 babby
>>
>>170590062
>projecting
Halo 3 is my least favorite of the Bungie games.
A swing and a miss by the... I'm sorry were you the butthurt Armor Lock defender or the butthurt "Please play 5 PLEEEASE" shill?
>>
>you will never be 14 years old playing team doubles with your little brother, just hiding while the enemy team commits suicide looking for you and sending rage messages

God damn time destroys all
>>
>>170590191
I'm actually really interested to see how this guy words his response because chances are we are going to know out of the gate which side of the retard fight he's on.
>>
>>170590191
>still butthurt because he couldn't git gud
>>
>>170590349
>he doesn't still have halo fests with his friends
You've got... well, HAD, shit friends.
>>
You faggots will argue about anything.

Player A has a better K/D and rank than player B. Does player A's opinion on said game 'matter' more?
>>
>>170591141
Player A will say yes. Player B will say no.
>>
>>170591141
I won't fall for your scheme.
>>
File: 441.jpg (17KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
441.jpg
17KB, 200x260px
>not liking all the halo games
>>
>>170591141
It depends.
>>
File: 1476836294805.png (30KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
1476836294805.png
30KB, 221x228px
>>170591458
"me like everything!"
>>
>>170591458
The only Halo campaign I dislike is 5 and the only Halo multiplayer I dislike is 4
AMA
>>
>>170591687
Nope you're good with me
>>
File: halfjaw.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
halfjaw.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
Our fight is through the portal.
With the brutes and the bastard, Truth!
>>
So uh, no community update today?
>>
>>170596475
It's Thursday, anon.
>>
>>170597472
Exactly, ske7ch posts the CU on thursdays so he gets a free friday to fuck bitches, or at least that's been the case for the past 2 months.
>>
>>170597736
For real? I always end up reading them on Friday so who knows. He could be fucking bitches right now to get it out of the way.
>>
Halo Wars 2 is pretty alright I like it but holy shit leveling takes forever. Im only level 6 and Im supposed to play 20-30 games just to level up already? How the fuck am I supposed to get card packs?
>>
>>170599197
Stop playing Blitz and start playing Deathmatch like God intended. 800 exp on a win, 600 on a loss.
>>
File: 800px-HW2_Blitz_Alice-130.png (794KB, 800x573px) Image search: [Google]
800px-HW2_Blitz_Alice-130.png
794KB, 800x573px
>>170599197
Simply do blitz for the quick challenge requirements then do Deathmatch. Also remember to use best /bigdickbitch/
>>
File: 1488406312995.png (3MB, 1670x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1488406312995.png
3MB, 1670x2000px
>>
>>170591687
5 is at least dun to co-op
>>
File: 1487812018636.jpg (27KB, 448x449px) Image search: [Google]
1487812018636.jpg
27KB, 448x449px
NOT TODAY
>>
JUST LET IT DIE
>>
>>170580774
Oh yeah? Then explain this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YnQLJAvojI
>>
>>170594881
Sir! They outnumber us 3 to 1!
>>
>>170614191
I hate that Isabel is a useless leader
>>
>>170615070
Then it is The best 2 levels in any halo game
>>
>>170615428
Damn near, one of the best songs too I would certainly say.
https://youtu.be/RzA5O7_We7A?list=PL64F0EB99681E213A
At around 0:45 when the good shit the kicks in is just mmm.
>>
>>170615393
She's just outclassed by Forge
>>
I liked the ending to Halo Wars 2
>>
>>170621594
I didn't hate it, but it was set a weak
>>
>>170617610
In the future when fans get their hands on the H3 code and start SPV3-ing it up, I demand a space level during that battle between Floodgate and The Ark
>>
>>170623485
Holy shit yes please!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7fpn3reY5I
>>
>>170623485
Now that I could actually get behind
>>
>>170602737
Alice is great but not as good as Jerome
>>
General opinion on HW2? I was a huge fan of the first one, i loved it as a simple console rpg. Is the second as good?
>>
>>170627570
Pretty good, but really needs some balancing on Andersand a buff to vehicles
>>
>>170627570
It's really good tbqh.
>>
>>170602737
>nice personality
>20 years
>virgin
>blonde hair
>green eyes
Is this the perfect Halo waifu?
>>
>>170630783
No, Kelly is still /ourgal/
>>
>>170630783
>6' 11"
Woah
>>
>>170627570
The core mechanics are improved and there's a healthy amount of launch content. The campaign missions are about as diverse and we'll made, and from a gameplay perspective possibly even slightly more interesting.

The negatives are that the narrative is not as well paced or, to be honest, even that interesting. The plot kind of feels like a placeholder for a Halo 6 ad as opposed to a true standalone Halo Wars sequel. Also, despite polished mechanics, the multiplayer is not balanced as well as the first game. Certain leaders are simply too powerful.

Still, one of the better consolefied RTS games you'll play. Recommended for fans of the first game, but not necessarily all Halo fans.
>>
File: 1481136718024.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481136718024.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>170633901
Bueno
>>
>>170630783
>Virgin
So she's bad in bed. Got it.
>>
>>170634584
We technically don't know for a fact she's a virgin. We just don't know if she isn't either.
For some reason this triggers people though.
>>
>>170634584
Don't let her be on top. Ever.
She would kill you with her inexperienced thrusts
>>
>>170634683
It triggers people because this board is filled with Virgins that want something to relate to.
That being said, it's perfectly possible she is.
>>
>>170634824
I've never understood how people can get into their 20s and not have had sex. I'm talking about irl. College life. Like, you have to be going out of your way to be a shut in to have not gotten any.
>>
What is your least favorite Halo level in every game.

Actually, let's keep it to the numbered games. Put an astrik next to your least favorite of them all.
>>
>>170587337
By slim margins
>>
>>170635802
Keyes
The Arbiter/Oracle
Floodgate
Composer
The Breaking*
>>
>>170636147
>The Breaking*
Cause of the Prometheans?
>>
>>170635802
Halo (It just doesn't impress me, and I played it at release)
Outskirts
Crow's Nest
Shutdown*
Evacuation
>>
>>170636396
Mostly
>>
>>170635802
>Keyes
The Library really doesn't bother me that much. I like the style of play it encourages and the mixup from the main campaign. But Keyes is another story. It's the only level in the game where enemies infinitely respawn, and I really don't like that. It forces you to play a certain way as opposed to YOUR way, which the game up until then had supported.

>The Great Journey
I like all the levels in Halo 2. This one here gets my vote as worst because I think it's really underwhelming as a last level, not just because of the cliffhanger, but the low enemy variety, small amount of locals, and scripting issues.

>Floodgate
It's just so short and mediocre in effect. I get that it's a break level after the storm was kind of the mid boss for the game, but it's a poor introduction for the flood that ends just as it starts to get interesting.

>Composer
This is the only level in Halo 4's campaign that doesn't stand out as unique to me. Mantis? Done that. Covenant only again? Been there. And while Halo 4 is overly-corridoory already, this level cranks it up to 11.

>The Breaking*
This is my least favorite level. Ramp after ramp of boring and tedious Promethean soldiers with turrets in a pretty much straight line, then the exploitable but otherwise agonizingly annoying triple Warden fight.
>>
>>170637446
I like the music in the breakkng, but besides that yeah I agree
>>
>>170635802
I'm not sticking to your stupid rules, i'm including all games:

CE - Keyes *
2 - The Oracle
3 - Cortana
Wars - The Flood
ODST - Data Hive
Reach - Nightfall
4 - Forerunner
5 - Unconfirmed
Wars 2 - The Cartographer
>>
>>170638389
I like Reach but what the fuck Nightfall is so fucking boring every time I play it
>>
>>170635802
The Library
Sacred Icon
Cortana
Shutdown
Meridian Station*
>>
>>170638674
>meridian station*
Ugh I completely forgot about the non-combat hub missions because I purged them from my brain. I'm changing my Halo 5 pic to those.
>>
>>170638867
And there were THREE of them.
the sanghelios missions were tolerable because they had funny grunts but that's a slim fucking margin to ride on
>>
Can we talk about Halo 5's walking/talking missions?
I honestly think it's pretty cool talking to characters, listen to conversations, finding easter eggs, etc.
I really don't understand why people disliked them so much, is it because they think those missions replaced actual gameplay missions, because i really doubt that's the case. You can also skip directly to the objective so they're aren't really THAT long or distracting.
>>
>>170639216
I don't dislike the idea/concept.
I dislike the implementation. They just seem lazy in my opinion.
>>
>>170639291
>I dislike the implementation.
How would you make them better?
>>
>>170639216
I half agree with you.
I don't like the levels as they are and I think it's insulting they advertised this as a "15 mission campaign" BUT i do like the idea behind it all and would be open to seeing them return.
Yes, Easter eggs are funny. I forget the one but Buck is talking to elites working on a banshee and he says something and the response is "THAT ISN'T EVEN A THING"
>>
>>170639216
I liked it.
>>
>>170639216
In all honestly I really hated them.
But hey whatever they're at least short.
>>
>>170639525
I think it was something like:
>Locke: Have you tried doing "x thing"?
>Elite: No human, that's NOT it.
>>
>>170639216
Felt like padding in a short campaign.
>>
File: untitled.png (25KB, 807x209px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
25KB, 807x209px
>>170639525
>>170639675
Okay i just checked on Halopedia and you got to at least respect this level of detail, there's probably dozens and dozens of lines of dialogue i missed:

>"If Buck speaks to the Sangheili. Buck: "Have you hoisted your mizzenmast?" Sangheili #2: "That is not even a thing! Be gone.""

Now i really want this kind of missions back for Halo 6. I don't know, make them optional or something.
>>
>>170639710
It's odd because Halo 5 has a good amount of varied environments, it just moves through them so quickly.
Between that opening planet, Argent Moon, Meridian, Sanghelios, Genesis, and the domain, there's a lot of varied local. We just move through them so fast.
>>
>>170639216
They weren't interesting enough to exist, they just took up time. There was some nice little backstory and funny grunts but that didn't add anything
There was nothing about the Meridian Station that couldn't be handled with a cutscene.
>>
>>170640204
>Halopedia
Is that better or worse than Halo nation?
>>
>>170640204
>Ha! I like this human
Vale getting cucked.
>>
>>170640342
Much better.
>>
Testing
sonygger
>>
>>170640342
Marginally better
>>
File: requiem.jpg (245KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
requiem.jpg
245KB, 1600x1200px
>>170640223
343 makes a lot of interesting places but doesn't do anything with them.
>>
tfw spring break
>>
>>170645189
Yeah
>>
File: why.jpg (24KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
24KB, 288x499px
>>170645189
>mfw I get Spring break in April
>>
>>170640401
Good.
>>
File: 20170310_140824.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170310_140824.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>170645739
>>170645829
Jelly?
>>
>>170645189
>mfw graduated
>no breaks ever again
Do yourself a favor and don't waste the best time of your life just playing video games.
>>
Thee thy tho thum
Let me into the party scum
>>
>>170646330
No
>>
>>170640204
That's actually pretty cool.
>>
>>170640204
The walking missions were interesting and I want more of them
>>
>>170646429
>what is vacation time
>>
>>170649590
>25 year old shows up at a spring break bar with no friends from college cause he's not in college
It doesn't work that way, anon.
If you didn't take advantage of it in high school/college, you missed it.
>>
>>170650206
Why would I want to go to a spring break bar?
>>
>>170650367
The bar is just a specific example.
The point is your ability to get some 10/10 Pussy exponentially declines the second you graduate.
>>
>>170650367
What are you gay?
Seriously. Are you a fucking homosexual?
>>
>>170650538
>>170650367
>>170650675
>Halo
>>
>>170651019
Would master chief go to a bar on spring break?
>>
>>170651397
>>
File: 1476816723933.png (206KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476816723933.png
206KB, 800x800px
>>170650538
>>170650675
Why are normies so shallow and primitive?
>>
>PC Section
>coming soon™
Why can't I buy Halo 1 and Halo 2 and Halo 3 on Steam or something?
>>
>>170650206
You said no breaks, not no spring break.
>>
>>170652936
Because Microsoft hates money.
You can get 1 and 2 though, although 2 isn't worth it because H2Vista blew.
>>
>>170652936
Why would microsoft put them on Steam?
>pc gamers are too stupid to but things not on steam now
lol
>>
File: Image1.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
>Important note:
Work is being done to set up an official /hg/ server for Halo Custom Edition.
When completed, all the necessary maps for installation will be linked. In the mean time, I suggest you pick up a copy of the game. CE's multiplayer has a tough time competing with some of the later entries for many fans. The best way to experience it is through the mod scene. Seriously, it's Hella fun.
Halo PC is required for custom edition.
>>
>>170655773
>tfw soon
>>
>>170655773
If I've got SPV3 on my installed on my computer I'd still be able to connect right? Or would I need to find a clean version of Custom Edition?
>>
>>170655773
Oh shit nigga. Can't wait.

Any compatibility problems with Halo PC on W7/10?
>>
>>170655963
You'll probably need a vanilla version of custom edition seperately from SPV3 to launch.

>>170655980
Works fine on my W7. I don't know about 10
>>
>>170655773
Can't wait for it. Already downloaded the game.
>>170655980
Windows 7 works fine here.
>>
>>170655773
Does it work on mac?
>>
>>170657739
>Does it work on mac?
It does, but I'm not sure if the servers are connected between Mac and PC
>>
>>170657739
Custom Edition was only released for Windows.
>>
>>170658009
>Custom Edition was only released for Windows.
That's unfortunate. There's no Crack for mac? I know Halo PC is on mac
>>
File: 1488172099800.png (371KB, 888x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488172099800.png
371KB, 888x720px
>>170658009
rats
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (664KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
664KB, 1280x720px
How can people be this bad
>>
>>170657739
Of course not
>>
>>170659962
Because normies.
>>
>>170457919
The issue here is that we haven't gotten a game anywhere near as good as halo 3 in 10 years now so we just keep hoping for a remaster because all new halo games are disappointments
>>
>>170655773
As in, I need an official copy of the game? Or can I torrent it? I bought a copy of halo 1 for pc in like 2003 but obviously no longer have the product code.
>>
>>170657739
>>170658009
>>170658243
>>170658759
When I was in high school all the computer labs had macs, and they all had Halo CE on them. The faculty were alright with students playing during breaks. I've got no idea how it was possible, but I do know that it was.
>>
>>170666783
Yeah, my buddy and I would always play 1v1 CTF at lunch period in middle school, but Custom Edition was released by Gearbox like 2 years after the original game, only on pc.
>>
>tfw don't have an xbone and have to play halo games on my 360
Being a peasant is suffering
>>
>>170664981
Any product code qorks, even if it's used already
>>
>>170654702
Because Valve would handle the servers and Microsoft would just make money without doing hardly anything.

Microshit is too stupid to manage online gaming on PC.
>>
>>170667620
Play CE on PC
>>
>tfw no community update
God dammit i just want more info about the new leader.
>>
>>170673807
When's that coming out?
>>
>>170627438
Kill yourself my dude

>>170634584
>>170634758
"what appears as recklessness is actually supreme confidence and control over her abilities"

???

>>170630783
I dont know why the wiki's list her with blond hair and green eyes, i cant find a source on that anywhere.
>>
>>170453257

>3's legacy

As the worst of the OT?
>>
A friend of a friend told me you guys might like to see this image of Halo 6 I took
>>
>>170675196
As the crown jewel of the 360.

One of the most popular games of its time, 10/10 community and machinima, great multiplayer, great end to a trilogy, great custom games and introduced Forge which really wasn't necessary. Theater was also a great addition

A good game but this general seems to only deal in absolutes, its good or garbage
>>
>>170479723

I'd only want a further story under good devs.

If so, something taking place hundreds of years in the future, with many additional species and factions.
>>
>>170675619

>As the crown jewel of the 360.
>One of the most popular games of its time, 10/10 community and machinima, great multiplayer

Wonder how many people say the same about something like CoD.

Halo 3 was highly overrated. Not bad but only a little better than mediocre.
>>
Does anyone want to play some h5 or reach? Im down for either, playlist doesnt matter. It would be fun to get a full team going though
>>
File: 1482685379641.jpg (362KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1482685379641.jpg
362KB, 1106x1012px
>>170675619
>10/10 community
>>
>>170675759
You'd have to be asleep last generation to not see Halo 3 as the crown jewel of the 360. Other mentions could of course be CoD 4 or MW2, both have the most vocal fanbase but 4 is more iconic.

>>170675794
What exactly are you implying? The community was at its peak then. Customs nights were the tits, you could always find a full lobby through recent players and fan creations with the barebones Forge were fun as fuck. Machinima really took off with 2 but was booming with 3 and pre-party chat voice chat was the shit. Halo 3s popularity sure did help it a ton. Just for the community alone I'll always hold it above Halo 2.
>>
>>170676452
>fat kid with little kids
10/10
>Machinima
Literally who cares?
>>
>>170676452

Says alot if the crown jewel of the 360 was mediocre
>>
>>170676532
>He never watched arby n chief
>He never watched pregame lobby
>He never watched red vs blue
>He never watched inside halo
>He never watched voicemail theater

Halo used to have a 10/10 community, it kind of dwindled much like the games and now all you have left are canonfags and cosplayers
>>
>>170676452
>Machinima
You do realize it's just marketing...right?
>>
>proving grounds
>25 meter motion tracker
this is good
>only detects gun fire and spartan abilities
fucking why?
>>
>>170676986
We finally have a normal radar range?
>>
>>170676858
Why would I watch that?
>>
>>170675776
So this is officially the worst multiplayer general for trying to find people to play with isnt it?
>>
>>170676986
Because always being on radar is retarded and rewards camping and punishes people who dare to move around. Especially with how strong automatics are.
>>
>>170677076
for a temporary "test" playlist, yes
>>
>>170677153
Yeah, you're just coming off as miserable right now. Machinima was huge, you surely must have seen some if you were active in the community at the time but perhaps you weren't

>>170677519
A good start but I don't understand why they would remove movement from the radar its the main reason its there
>>
>>170677941
Not everyone watched shitty videogame shows lol.
>>
>>170678563
Ok, Chad
>>
>>170677447
>Because always being on radar is retarded
Being detected by the thing that detects motion is retarded? Okay.
>rewards camping and punishes people who dare to move around
no it doesn't.
>>
So ive been stuck without internet for the past week or so, I decided to dabble in some Spartan ops since I never played it

It's mostly garbage of course (and MCC needs internet to watch the cutscenes) but who knew halo 4 has some cool shit like this in it? I didn't. The later Spartan ops maps look 10x better than some of the MP maps. Ragnarok in particular looks sooooo bad.
>>
>>170681105
>MCC needs internet to watch the cutscenes
but why though?
>>
>>170675548
What exactly makes that Halo 6? It just looks like the Genesis mission from Halo 5.
>>
>>170681485
The hud is different and that looks nothing like genesis to me
>>
>>170679864
>Being detected by the thing that detects motion is retarded? Okay.
It's multiplayer stop applying story logic to it, should it also detect crouch walking because that's motion?
>no it doesn't.
It clearly does, you must be bad if you can't even see that.
>>
>>170675548
Do you play Master Chief for the entire game?
>>
>>170681823
>It's multiplayer stop applying story logic to it
Did I mention anything about story? No I didn't.
>should it also detect crouch walking because that's motion?
No it shouldn't, and the fact that it doesn't is great
>It clearly does, you must be bad if you can't even see that.
The only reward it gives campers, is a hail of grenades in their general area, and a swift death.
>>
>>170682567
There was no story content, it was a technology demonstration, showing off new types of physics on objects and shaders

Grass reacting to explosions, dynamic day-night slider (this one looked really cool with torch fire reflections in the water) plasma burns staying on walls and glowing on the environment, stuff like that
>>
>>170675548
That's Halo 4.
>>
>>170682620
>No it shouldn't, and the fact that it doesn't is great
Why not it's a motion detector? You said it yourself.
>The only reward it gives campers, is a hail of grenades in their general area, and a swift death.
How if you don't know where he is?
Radar gives enormous advantage to stationary player who can pick a corner or area to wait, if other player walks into area he doesn't know where player is but stationary player knows where he is.
There's a reason mlg didn't have radar. Optimal radar play is is slow and boring.
>>
>>170682785
Do you have a link to it?
>>
>>170683724
lol do you want a torrent link for Halo 6 as well?
>>
>>170683815
maybe
>>
File: Flood light.jpg .jpg (108KB, 538x960px) Image search: [Google]
Flood light.jpg .jpg
108KB, 538x960px
>>
EH REH
>>
File: halo3_39924557_Full.jpg (202KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
halo3_39924557_Full.jpg
202KB, 1536x1152px
'Member this screenshot? Always liked this one
>>
File: 7iYf6kU.jpg (284KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
7iYf6kU.jpg
284KB, 600x900px
I just started playing Halo Reach. Holy shit what did they do to the Elite AI? these motherfuckers are bouncing around like rabbits on speed.
>>
Jetpacks were a mistake
>>
>>170683684
>Why not it's a motion detector? You said it yourself
Because if it were sensitive enough to detect crouch walking, there would be no point in having crouching in the game.
>How if you don't know where he is?
They either try to kill you and succeed. or they fail in doing so and you kill them instead.
>Radar gives enormous advantage to stationary player who can pick a corner or area to wait
Maybe for a kill or two, but In my experience, they are usually swiftly dealt with
>There's a reason mlg didn't have radar. Optimal radar play is is slow and boring
Your average game of halo isn't played at an mlg skill level. Most players I've run across don't communicate, and probably don't own a headset that outputs game audio.
>>
>>170687314
>Maybe for a kill or two, but In my experience, they are usually swiftly dealt with
They move. I don't mean camping in literally same spot all game but when player stays in area or near corner/door stationary or crouch walking to ambush someone.
>Your average game of halo isn't played at an mlg skill level.
You don't have to have MLG skills to abuse radar.
>>
Which game do you think had the best visual designs?
It's gotta be Reach. The game wasn't perfect but it still looked the best.
>>
>>170688348
Colors looked too dull in reach for me. Visually, I would say Halo 2A is the best imo.
>>
>>170688348
H3 or CE
>>
>>170688348
Reach, hands down.
>>
>>170688348
H2A has the best representation of what the Halo artstyle should be
>>
>>170689640
I really want h6 to look like H2A
>>
File: growingstronger.png (106KB, 600x585px) Image search: [Google]
growingstronger.png
106KB, 600x585px
>mfw Snipunch, Reversal, Snapshot, Bulltrue, and Double Kill in the same second
>>
>>170691943
How the fuck did you manage that
>>
>>170692942
>Have Beam Rifle in a Super Fiesta match
>Enemy with an SMG comes around corner, drops my shields
>Body shot + melee
>Immediately see guy with sword lunging at me
>Fire panic shot, somehow hit the guy in the head
>>
>>170693389
Super fiesta is fucking great for getting medals out of the way
>>
>Playing standard Warzone
>Get a double kill very early
>Grab a H2 Battle Rifle of a dead teammate
>Chilling out because we're actually winning
>Retarded brother turns off the console
>"Oh, sorry man"
>Doesn't even turn on the console again
Words can't express how fucking angry I am.
>>
File: 1353577931702.jpg (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1353577931702.jpg
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>170696085
How the fuck did that even happen?
>>
File: 1489197986775.png (476KB, 634x781px) Image search: [Google]
1489197986775.png
476KB, 634x781px
>>170696902
>halo 4
>>
>>
>uses mic to complain about team
>doesn't communicate with team
>talks shit if their team wins
>complains about team if their team loses
These people are everywhere and I hope they die in real life
>>
>>170701990
What is it exactly that YOU're doing right now...

>play blitz
>get Alice "waifu" -130 card early
>no need to play other leaders
>win games

why is she so perfect /hg/?
>>
>>170702653
Finished placements for ranked and now just screwing around. You have to get blitz leaders through card drops?
>>
File: 1488208104434.jpg (38KB, 591x615px) Image search: [Google]
1488208104434.jpg
38KB, 591x615px
>>170703009
>>
File: 1460382406827.png (458KB, 709x841px) Image search: [Google]
1460382406827.png
458KB, 709x841px
>tfw no /hg/ anon to play super fiesta with while cuddling under the covers
>>
File: 1487609851341.jpg (279KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1487609851341.jpg
279KB, 700x700px
>super fiesta
>>
>>170677402
Yeah you gotta use halolfg
>>
>>370113090
Halo 6 on Windows 10.
>4K native resolution
>144 stable fps
>'Legendary' texture resolution
>Temporal Anti-Aliasing
>Fully rebindable controls on both keyboard and gamepad
>Customizeable FOV (65-150, or higher)
>Dedicated servers for matchmaking
>Custom games, forge, and server browser
>Free online multiplayer
>Permanent playlists on Day 1: Team Snipers, Big Team Battle, Griffball, Rocket Race, Zombies, SWAT
>Bloom, Sprint, Loadouts, and Spartan abilities are disabled by default, but can be enabled in custom games or special playlists
>Free map packs,game mode updates, and patches, lots of support over the next few years
>Offline mode: Can play single player campaign, Forge, Firefight 3.0, Warzone 2, Spartan Ops II, or multiplayer with up to 4 players in co-op on a single PC, or 16-player LAN parties on 4 separate PCs networked together, all offline
>Campaign only follows the Masterchief, with additional Spartans available only during co-op.
>Spartan IVs have all learned self-discipline and no longer act like obnoxious brats in campaign
>Cortana gets over her mid-life crisis and goes back to her normal nude self by the end of the campaign
>Playable and customizeable Elites, Brutes, and Knights in multiplayer
>No microtransactions
>Extremely optimized and stable performance even in large battles
>Optional PhysX particle effects on compatible nVidia GPUs, but can still be enabled for AMD users if they want to try them.
>Not available on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, Mac, Linux, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
Muh dick.
>>
Is halo wars 2 on pc yet? if not im just gonna spoil everything for myself by watching the cutscenes on YT
>>
>>170696085
Since you did nothing about it except run to your internet safe space to cry, I'm going to assume that it was either a bigger brother or a little brother that you know will whip your autistic ass if you start something.
>>
>>170709119
Yes, it's on PC and no, watching the cutscenes alone won't tell you much of anything since slot of the story are triggered in-engine scenes during the missions themselves, which has become custom in the RTS genre since Heart of the Swarm.
>>
>>170709363
why did i expect the game to be cheaper than this... nvm, guess im watching playthroughs or something
>>
>>170675548
Is this legit?
>>
Proving Grounds is how this game should have been from the start in Arena.
>>
Isabel is literally the worst leader.
Prove me wrong
>>
>>170712927
I can't
>>
>>170709363
It's a good thing, but unfortunately wars 2 story still doesn't really go anywhere
>>
>show up on radar when you shoot
Yay more cod shit!
>>
>>170713817
I actually don't mind the implementation as long as it stays unique to this Playlist.
>>
>>170713858
It's being tested for game-wide implementation.
>>
>>170713858
They've already said it's not being worked into the overall game, so no worries
>>
>>170713817
I mean, it works decently imo, but yeah it's clearly just more cod pandering. I'm not going to pretend it isn't just because I don't mind 5.
>>
>>170713817
It's the only good thing they could have stolen from CoD. Old radar is and always has been cancer.

>>170713968
It's not CoD pandering, it's striking a compromise between people who like radar and people who don't.
>>
>>170713817
It works in 5 well because in 5 everyone has sprint. Anything that dampens or lessens sprint's effectiveness is a good thing. Ideally of course sprint wouldn't exist at all.
>>
>>170714062
The overwhelming majority of the base likes, is used to, and expects radar.
It's just another example of how 343 really has no respect for the franchise they inhereted.
>>
>>170714062
Why are they pandering to the people that don't like radar at all? They're a miniscule number.
>>
>>170714186
It's not like they removed radar, they just made it so you don't show up when walking.
>>
>>170714229
Those are the people who play Arena.
>>
The change works based on the way 5 plays. Yeah it's strait out of the COD minimap, but in a Game where everyone has sprint, it works. Ideally sprint wouldn't exist at all, but since it does, this is a positive improvement imo.
>>
>>170714310
Yup, all 10 of em
>>
>>170714378
It's not changing in your Warzone safe space.
>>
>>170714349
This guy gets it.
They've designed the game in a way that it appeals to twitch shooter fans. If you're going to do that, that is to say, if you're going to increase the speed of the game and make it so every weapon kills super fucking fast, you might as well alter the way radar works to compensate. No, it's not like traditional Halo, but neither is Halo 5 in general. I welcome this change.
>>
>>170714349
This.
It's not like they went back and did this to Halo 1-3. Based on the way 5 plays, this new implementation complements it nicely.
Despite 343's efforts, sprint was just still too flawed. This helps, I would argue even more than the no healing when sprinting gimmick.
>>
File: jackal-comparison.png (1MB, 1750x480px) Image search: [Google]
jackal-comparison.png
1MB, 1750x480px
>>
>>170714883
Oneofthesethingsisnotliketheothers.jpg
>>
>>170714883
Bird
Bird
Bird
Bird
What the fuck happened
>>
>>170715121
Dragon
Duck
Bird
Dinosaur
Fish

tbqhflimflam
>>
>>170714883
Dino
Dino
Dino
Dino
Dino
>>
>>170714186
Just because you don't like thing doesn't mean other people don't
>>
Instead of a dumb elaborate plot of hitchhiking a fucking Halo ring why didn't they just try and turn the portal back on?
>>
halo pc customfag here.
I just heard about spv3 for the first time. What's it about guys?
Is it like the lumoria campaign or the flood infestation campaign?
>>
>>170719768
It's a remake of the normal CE campaign that adds weapons, armor abilities that frankly don't work for shit, and new enemies like Brutes, several hunters that also drop arms when they die, and a reworking of the graphics using what I'm pretty sure are CE:A assets.
Also it's only half finished.
Give it a go, though.
>>
>>170719976
is it like that cmd truth and reconciliation level people once made? it had brutes and hunters too
>>
>>170720173
Yeah, same group.

>>170719976
All of the assets are custom.
>>
>>170465002

>why I cannot sprint and aim in CE
Underage cock of doody fan b&

On-topic: M$ made their money selling Halo 3, ODST and 4 with the X360, can we please have a PC version now and it's not a shitty port like CE and 2 were?
>>
File: halo flood campaign.png (1MB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
halo flood campaign.png
1MB, 950x950px
>>170720540
Well that's sort of nice. Halo ce is probably one of my favourite games of all time and I usually replay it once a year so it'll be nice to play this custom version.
I just wish the guys making the flood campaign actually finished it
>>
>>170720869
Never
Ever
>>
>>170482473
Spartan 1337 is hilarious
The Arbiter part, the art felt atrocious for a video, A for effort but D for execution
The prophet's execution one was bretty good, hits you in the feels
The spartan with the humongous power armor on Reach (iirc) is a pretty badass scene

Don't remember what others were, but overall it was nice.

>>170487178
>turtling as a strategy
Always a bad idea, so far no RTS I ever played was turtling a legitimate strategy, unless you play against an utter shit player
>>
>>170718406
>mess with shit Atriox they don't understand
>use slipspace tech to get to Reach space
One of these things is simpler than the other.
>>
What's going to happen after Halo 6?
>>
Would anyone agree. ....

Halo4
Campaign: 6.5
Matchmaking: 6
Customs 6.5
Forge: 7
Spartan Ops: 5.5

Halo 5
Campaign: 5
Matchmaking: 7.5
Customs 9
Forge 9
Warzone 6.5
>>
>>170728682
I'd change 5's campaign to a 4 and the warzone to a 2 because of firefight not even being a real horde mode
>>
>>170728682
H4's forge wasnt very good. It was worse than Reach's.
>>
Currently playing Halo Wars.
>>
>>170727894
Universe reset
>>
>>170675548
Looks like that spops mission.
>>
>>170732750
I hate it when writers pull this but it happens so often that it honestly might here
>>
File: #290 - Ridgeline.jpg (1MB, 1440x800px) Image search: [Google]
#290 - Ridgeline.jpg
1MB, 1440x800px
You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #290.
The featured map is "Ridgeline"

>Previous 50 threads
#289 - Implying >>170239103
#288 - Re-Write >>170117748
#287 - Place Your Bets IV >>169893670
#286 - Exploration >>169725747
#285 - Warthog Rush >>169537682
#284 - Let 'Volir >>169288816
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop
#282 - Standard
#281 - Halo Wars 2
#280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons
#276 - Soon
#275 - Never Forget
#274 - Opinions
#273 - Halo Wars is the only good Halo
#272 - Definitive
#271 - Blitz
#270 - Inauguration
#269 - Also on PC
#268 - Halo Wars
#267 - LOL Cards XD
#266 - Pulse
#265 - An Image for Drones
#264 - 2017
#263 - New Years Eve
#262 - Golden Shee
#261 - Christmas
#260 - 20 Pounds of Pussy and Ass
#259 - Betrayed by the Euros
#258 - Scripting
#257 - Place Your Bets III
#256 - Monitor's Bounty
#255 - Wrath of Balaho
#254 - Finish the Fight
#253 - New Friends
#252 - Baby Chief
#251 - Primoridal will Never be in a Game
#250 - 15th Anniversary
#249 - Full Scale Replica
#248 - Cool Clubs
#247 - Down but not Out
#246 - No New Content
#245 - Forge is Hard
#244 - Haloween
#243 - Halo 5's 1st Birthday
#242 - [Embed]
#241 - Give Us A Hornet

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
http://pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
>>
>>170733940
>6 linked threads
2Fast2Halo
>>
File: Ridgeline forge.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ridgeline forge.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>170733940
This was actually a really beautiful map.

If I'm not mistaken literally every tree on the map was a forgettable object that could be deleted if the player wanted.
>>
>>170734163
You're mistaken. It was the first map with forgeable trees, though.
>>
File: ridgeline3.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ridgeline3.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>170733940
I used to play a lot of Halo PC and custom edition and I never once felt like Ridgeline looked or played like a Timberland remake.
>>
>>170734413
They were really nothing alike, just similar bases.
>>
File: Timberland.png (1003KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Timberland.png
1003KB, 1024x768px
>>170734413
I don't think the bases are elevated as high above the rest of the map and there's a cliff on one side of the map but besides that I believe they are pretty similar
>>
>>170733940
Wow nice Ridgeline pic!
BUT WAIT!
That's not how it actually looks in-game!

Don't worry I'll fix this!
Ok... Let's turn on the motion blur, good good, now add some film grain...
Aaaaaaaaaaaand done! That's the Halo Reach map I know and love!
>>
>>170735758
that's some hot&fresh autism
>>
>>170673807
for you
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/840649421528432640
>>
>>170736049
Reachbaby pls.
You should be happy. I gave you the map you know and love. Numberfag's was far too clean.
>>
>>170735758
Why are you so triggered by a picture of a map from a 7 year old game?
>>
>>170737336
Who said anything about being triggered? Reach is DA BEST HALO GAEM ever! I'm just celebrating its memorable visual style.
>>
>>170737446
have a (YOU) in a care package[/spiiler]
>>
>>170737446
Why are you being so bitter about a seven year old game? I don't understand the issue, he just posted a fucking image. Sad.
>>
>>170735758
Wew lad
>>
>>170636147
>>170638389
>>170638674

No matter where I look and ask people seem to hate flood levels. Why? I personally love them.
>>
>>170741541
Library is extremely repetitive and Cortana features a lot of slowdown with grace mind and CortAna talking as qell as rooms like Hell's Hallway.
>>
We all agree haa waa 2 is garbage right?
>>
>>170730143
If they had an actual Forge World map it would have been really good. But I do think 4's was an improvement with the edition of magnets and trait zones.

Now personally, Halo 5's is objectively the best, but Halo 3 nostalgia will always make it so that Foundry/Sandtrap forges are my favorite.
>>
>>170742382
>Sandbox*
>>
>>170741541
I don't hate flood levels unilaterally.
Quarantine Zone is my favorite Level in Halo 2 for example.

My issues with the flood levels I don't like has less to do with the flood and more to do with other aspects of the level. For example, I don't like Keyes very much but that has more to do with the infinitely spawning elite spec ops. I don't like Floodgate very much but that's just because of how short it is and It's literally the level we just played only backwards.
I have a much bigger issue with prometheans as enemies than I do the flood.
>>
Is there a collection of female spartan booty somewhere? Was playing Warzone and Christ, that ass was so real.
>>
>>170743675
I'm really glad they brought back spartan booty in 5.
It was sorely missed in 4.
>>
>>170743735
It doesn't seem like something they would do, does it?
What with how progressive the rest of the game is.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original F.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original F.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>170743675
No ass, but 8008135 instead lol
>>
File: 1429774016128.jpg (54KB, 399x398px) Image search: [Google]
1429774016128.jpg
54KB, 399x398px
>>170743857

Kek
>>
>>170743675
>>
File: large[1].jpg (301KB, 2048x1053px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
301KB, 2048x1053px
https://twitter.com/HaruspexOfHell/status/840676475175075840
https://twitter.com/HTeamAssemble/status/840676856361828352
>>
>>170745372
>Halo CE PC flamethrower art
Yes
>>
>>170745494
That's the H3 flamethrower.
>>
File: C6quyVdXAAAL6pl.jpg (121KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C6quyVdXAAAL6pl.jpg
121KB, 1200x675px
>>170745372
I'm impressed, the flamethrowers have FEMALES in their ranks.
Flamethrowing is... typically a MALE'S job in Haah Waaw 2...
>>
File: Flamethrower_HCE.jpg (625KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Flamethrower_HCE.jpg
625KB, 1024x768px
>>170745607
Well, it's IN Halo 3, but it's originally from CE
>>
File: haloce.jpg (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
haloce.jpg
110KB, 1024x768px
>>170745607
It was in H1 first
>>
>>170745789
>>170745875
That's just a mod for custom edition.
The flamethrower was originally in Halo 3. If you play the original Halo 1 on Xbox, there's no flamethrower.
It's from Halo 3.
>>
>>170745991
You're just being dumb now.
>>
>>170745991
Damn man, I really try to avoid the 3babby jokes but your ignorance is pushing the limit of what I can take.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbZZNTJ0j40

I agree with this guy completely.
>>
>>170745789
>>170745875
The H3 flamethrower was sawed-off, just like the one in that image.
>>
>>170746234
This is fucking autistic
>>
File: Screenshot_20170311-172209.jpg (228KB, 1283x538px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170311-172209.jpg
228KB, 1283x538px
>>170746489
It's the updated design. But it's the same weapon.
Who knows, maybe it's nanobots
>>
>>170746234
WTF I LOVE HALO 4 NOW!
Oh wait, no I dont. It's still shit.
>>
>>170746496
But he's right Halo 5's story was garbage because of Locke. If Halo 6 decides to expand on Chief's character like Halo 4 mixed with having Halo CE/3 like level designs, campaign could be great maybe even the best in the series to date.
>>
>>170746794
6 is the chosen game that will break the cycle
>>
>>170746638
>nanobots
Ugh, don't remind me
>>
>>170746794
I'm optimistic for 6, but I need to see signs of change before I conform to buying it this time just because it's Halo.
>>
>>170746794
Halo Wars 2 was probably the last Halo game I'll ever buy.

I'm 23 now and too old for video games. I have to focus on my career and start thinking about a family life. I'll always have time for the occasional party game, but for more long term time investment, I just can't justify it at this age anymore.
>>
>>170746846
It just may
>>
>>170746794
>thinking it was Locke that made it trash
N- not muh chief
>>
>>170749147
>tfw want more spin-offs but muh-chieffags will never let it happen
>>
>>170747281
So 24 minutes kater, this comment didn't turn out to be the goldmine of (YOU)'s you were expecting, huh?
>>
>>170749368
>thinking fans have that much power over the future of the series
If the fans were in charge, Halo 4 would have been declared non canon, prometheans would never have appeared again, and Chief would still be adrift on the dawn.
>>
>>170749368
We haven't had a Chief-centric game in 5 years. What are you combining about?
Chief has only 3 missions in 5 and doesn't appear in Halo Wars 2 at all.
>>
>>170749368
The bungie spin offs are by far the worst bungie Halos imagine how bad a 343 spin off would be.
>>
I missed the panel, does anyone know where can i find the VOD?
>>
>>170749147
It literally was
>>
>>170750898
Lack of Chief wasn't the reason why 5's was so bad, if that's what you're trying to say.
>>
File: 1468683119935.jpg (31KB, 480x443px) Image search: [Google]
1468683119935.jpg
31KB, 480x443px
>>170750442
Here's a quick rundown
>>
>>170749960
Agreed, I never really understand this complaint, I can see if we had about 20 games with the same main character but that never happens in Halo. We played more other characters than Chief in his entirely in the entire series. I want more Chief.

>>170750256
This
>>
>>170745372
Get this shit out of Halo. Jesus fuck. I'm tempted to just quit the series now.
>>
>>170751110
The lack of Chief was the reason the campaign was bad. People wanted to see how Chief mindset would be after the loss of Cortana, not running around "hunting the Chief".
>>
>>170745372
>>170745684
Why is Halo going anime?
>>
>>170751974
Because 343/MS are beyond fucking retarded.
>>
File: file.png (371KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
371KB, 720x405px
>>170751974
>going
>>
>>170752482
At least it's One-piece tier anime and not Digimon tier anime.
>>
>>170752720
I forgot, they been anime

>>170752724
True
>>
>>170752724
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>170753006
Basically it's not very good, but it could be worse.
>>
File: 1438723510843.png (38KB, 143x141px) Image search: [Google]
1438723510843.png
38KB, 143x141px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0UYIKJr6E
>flame hogs
>Helljumper ODST-style drops that leave an AoE
>Huge AoE napalm strike
>Hunter leader next
>>
>>170753914
>hunter leader
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH I WANTED THIS
>>
>>170753914
>inb4 "this is fin" photoshop
>>
>>170737446
Reach has flyable seraphs, pelicans, phantoms, and forklifts so id rank it pretty high
>>
>117 images
>>
>>170747281
Naked Eli is this you?
>>
>>170757391
Kek
>>
>>170757391
I think Eli is like late 20s but did he have a similar rant?
I know Favyn just posted one on YouTube the other day.
>>
>>170757342
1337 is better than 117
>>
>>170759247
Agreed, would be funny if they added him to 6
>>
Can /hg/ do me a favor and report "xxseSensFanInOHxx" for afking and leave a comment too since I heard that's effective
>>
>>170761063
Not your personal army.
>>
>>170759247
>1337 passed the augmentation process

his shenanigans mock the dead
>>
>>170761063
I got you, fampai.
>>
>>170762106
thanks it's actually "xxSensFanInOHxx" and he actually quit early so if you could get him that I'd appreciate it
>>
File: brickodessey.webm (195KB, 1152x480px) Image search: [Google]
brickodessey.webm
195KB, 1152x480px
>>170757342
>I live on the patrol route of the fire ladder truck 117
>>
File: I feel the warp overtake me.webm (211KB, 446x374px) Image search: [Google]
I feel the warp overtake me.webm
211KB, 446x374px
>>170745372
>>170745684
>exposed heads
>>
>>170745372
T H O K
>>
>>170745684
Normally I'd consider a non-white female dyke-haircut OC character getting one of the 6 leader spots over a prominent Halo character to be SJW pandering, and hell, maybe it is, but this looks so outlandishly ridiculous that I can't help but approve of it.
>>
>>170765050
That's basically how I'm looking at it. I want more CHURAAAAAZEY stuff in Halo so I approve of this.
>>
>>170761063
>Please help me brigade this guy who got booted for stepping away from the controller for a few minutes to interact with a spouse, let out the dogs, or take a piss.

No thanks.
>>
>>170765050
How bold and mature of you to not have an autistic meltdown over the gender of a fictional character.
>>
>>170769257
are you implying that out group inclusion is something learned with age and not an innate behavior shit lord
>>
>>170750442
https://youtu.be/U6HxXDq8ClM

and here she is in gameplay:

https://youtu.be/0Y0UYIKJr6E
>>
>they'd only need to import all campaigns to Halo 5 Forge and they could easily sell it again on the PC for AT LEAST 45€
sometimes I wonder if the big monopolist microshaft really is a jew or just dumb as fuck
>>
>>170771258
It's probably a little bit of both
>>
>>170770457
Thanks, what's wrong with that kid at the end?
>>
She shoots blue fire
Blue fucking fire

She also gets flame hogs

Guaranteed main
>>
File: pic.jpg (621KB, 1440x778px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
621KB, 1440x778px
>>170773872
Forgot pic
>>
>>170773942
Run covies run
>>
>>170773942
BURN THEIR MONGREL HIDES
>>
>>170774326
>game gets a shipmaster leader
>It's an OC character
>game also gets a character that can burn mongrel hides
>It's an OC character

Is Rtas the most cucked Halo character by 343?
>>
>>170773126
I don't know, but he was too young to be there.

>>170773872
she's a hottie
>>
>>170774878
>Kisano will never brutally devastate your asshole with her cyclops
Why live?
>>
>>170775050
It's only a matter of time before the porn arrives
>>
>>170774587
I head Rtas' book was terrible.
So maybe.
>>
File: get this fucking mark off me 2.jpg (80KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
get this fucking mark off me 2.jpg
80KB, 544x400px
Any y'all niggaz still play Reach? Thinking of getting an Xbone since they are pretty cheap now and don't really care for the 343 games.
>>
File: BCarmine_edit.jpg (854KB, 2648x3495px) Image search: [Google]
BCarmine_edit.jpg
854KB, 2648x3495px
>>170763445
Someone hasn't played Gears of War
>>
>>170775189
Honestly if you're really thinking get of getting an Xbone you should probably wait until Scorpio drops at this point or at least wait until e3 to make your decision.

Yes, we still play reach, though it's one of the harder games to organize and takes more time to do so.
>>
File: latenight.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
latenight.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>170775189
>tfw Arbiter will almost certainly die in one of the next Halo games
>>
>>170775372
What the fuck?
Isn't that ActMans house?
>>
File: laughingdrink.jpg (103KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
laughingdrink.jpg
103KB, 413x395px
Is hijacking enemy nightingales bullying?
It feels like bullying
>>
>>170775453

Let's go

>>170775453
>>
>>170775293
>Scorpio

Fuck I haven't even heard of this shit. I've been so out of the loop
>>
>>170775221
COG armor is basically useless. They're no more protected than the armorless and shirtless Locust grunts you face in the earliest levels.
>>
>>170479723
Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx as a trilogy.
>>
>>170779767
>ghosts of onyx game
>even weaker SIIIs against sentinels that actually cant be shot and a giant covenant fleet
I love the book but that would not make for a fun FPS
Thread posts: 755
Thread images: 125

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.