[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fog/ - Fallout General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 756
Thread images: 141

File: notautisticfalloutfans.png (627KB, 800x757px) Image search: [Google]
notautisticfalloutfans.png
627KB, 800x757px
Ignore /v/ermin thread offshoots and live in harmony edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
http://pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
http://pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>Fallout 4
>General Information etc:
http://pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2
>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
http://pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
http://pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
http://pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
http://pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
http://pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread: >>170192391
>>
B-B-B-B-B-BAZ-BAZIN-BA-B-B-BAZINGA
>>
>>170425439
u ok anon?
>>
has there been any news in regards to the Lutana/JIP merge for FO:NV?
>>
>3 tabs open in order to view the fallout related content on /vg/
guys please
>>
File: beginagain.jpg (203KB, 473x600px) Image search: [Google]
beginagain.jpg
203KB, 473x600px
Begin again in the night
Let's sway again tonight
Your arm on my shoulder
Your cheek against mine
Where can we go
When will we find that we know

Where can we go
When will we find that we know
To let go
Begin, begin again tonight
>>
>>170425602
Fucking right? Why the fuck do we keep splitting?
>>
File: haha.jpg (27KB, 291x463px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
27KB, 291x463px
>>170426127
because /v/

literally.
>>
what dream mod would you like to create/have created for you for any of the 3D Fallout releases?

I want more fauna in New Vegas/3 (TTW) akin to birds/fish that aren't purely combat foes, i.e. rattlesnakes and electro-beetles
>>
>>170426367

I'm not sure if i would call it a dream mod, but i was just thinking that it's retarded that the Institute doesn't have their own power armor for synths or plasma weapons, or even something more obscene like teleport bullets or something.

I also don't know anything about bethesda modding.
>>
>>170426598
an anon was making a teleport mod where you could essentially use it as a recall-teleport, i.e. use it and run 100ft and then tele back to the use point, which seemed pretty cool

also, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18315/?
is the Institute PA from the artwork that never made the game

they talk about starting R&D soon on plasma weapons on a terminal in the Institute, too
>>
>>170426764

>they talk about starting R&D soon on plasma weapons on a terminal in the Institute, too

Fucking hack frauds and their waifu bots, no wonder their laser weapons are shit too.

That power armor is cool but apparently it doesn't actually add them to the Institute synths, so it triggers my autism.
>>
>>170426845
it would be v. ez to add them into the level lists for Coursers or to simply equip them on every Courser would you so choose that route

this could be the perfect learning lesson for you to pick up xEdit and/or Creation Kit (I'd suggest xEdit purely for ease-of-use) as it's an incredibly simple feat.
>>
File: courser_rifle.jpg (394KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
courser_rifle.jpg
394KB, 1280x720px
>>170426937
>>170426845
>Courser in their standard affair (until pic)
>they throw down a synth-relay grenade
>calls in a synth leader wearing INST-PA w/ two/three regular synths as cannon fodder

neat as fuck, even if I think that their PA would have been intended for heavy lifting and the like as opposed to a combat variant, it would still be neat
>>
File: HomeplateReception.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HomeplateReception.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
I just noticed that the telephones are missing a cable to connect the handset. And, that I need to put something on those file cabinets.

>>170426845
Synths don't need PA, and Synth armor should not exist. The institute could just attach more/sturdier armor plates directly to the frame.
>>
>>170427243
>Synths don't need PA
it's intimidating, for starters, it would also allow a unit to have similar tier strength to that of a Courser
>>
>>170427243

They could, but Synths are infiltrators, which means it's more convenient for them to be able to simply put or remove their armor than it would be if bulky armor was part of them.

Same with the PA, they could just be bigger monster robots but then that robot can only be used as a combat unit, instead of being able to just get out of his PA. Of course if i remember right Coursers already only work as killing machines but then again if someone happens to stumble upon a courser he can still pretend to just be a dude, harder to do that if it's a giant robot.
>>
>>170427421
>synths are infiltrator
m8, have you really seen the gen 1 and 2 synths? They can't infiltrate shit.
>>
>>170427421
I'd at least like the Gen 1s in Diamond City (post-INST ending) to be wearing the PA, pretty much just as a "look at this shit, faggots" display to the wastes
>>
>>170427243
Not him but what about Gen 3s? Maybe synth armor was developed for them and since they're slowly phasing out older gens (thus not actively developing them) it's an easy way to improve them.

Agreed about PA, which is why it's not in game. I like this >>170427105 idea that it was built for construction though.
>>
>took a long break from f4 in the middle of Nuka world come back and finish it
Holy crap what a let down. What were they thinking.
>>
>>170427470

Maybe not infiltrate but if they were using helmets and didn't speak they could stand around and observe and no one would know they're a synth. I don't remember the difference between Synths 1 and 2 to be honest though, i just know 3 are the ones that are indistinguishable from humans and i guess 1s are the ones that look like synths without skin and 2 i guess are like Nick? I don't remember.
>>
>>170427369
I am not objecting to heavy Synths. But I would not use the PA mechanics for them.

>>170427421
>>170427495
Cursors could, and probably do, use subcutaneous armor plates.
>>
>>170427495
I've always thought the settlement stuff should have an element of construction bots and/or a general human workforce, as in to say, there would be a time-lapse after building and said lapse would be longer/shorter depending on the amount of workers helping on the project

synths wearing said PA would be a great boon for such a thing for Institute characters and it would help go a ways at showing the Institute helping rebuild the surface somewhat post-their ending

it's a shame I'm still balls-deep on a NV mod project I've been working on on-and-off for a year, or I'd be making this shit right now
>>
>>170427612

Well maybe not literal power armor, but since they are so advanced that you would think they would have some form of equivalent.
>>
>>170427484
>Gen 1s in Diamond City
Wait what? Is that a thing? I've never seen it.

>>170427542
We had MASSIVE negative feedback about the lack of evil choices in the base game.

Let's make this DLC enterely about being evil, since we had so many complaints about it.

Enterly missing the point that the complaints were about the lack of CHOICE.

>>170427612
Nah, the Institute does not do cybernetics. Courses are merely expert-trained synths (which are indistinguishable from regular humans, sans synth component.

>>170427710
That would be interesting for building large things, like pre-made houses, nuclear generators or big water purifiers. Would make for a cool mod.
>>
File: Sub-Dermal_Armor.png (9KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
Sub-Dermal_Armor.png
9KB, 190x190px
>>170427773
>>
>>170427795
>>Gen 1s in Diamond City
yh, they say something along the lines of "Hello Father, we're here to show our existence to the people of the Commonwealth" when you interact with them; they essentially walk around DC like the guards do
>>
>>170427815

You are not wrong, but here's the important part. That, is not as cool as this.
>>
>>170427918
I'm the anon who is saying it would be cool on synths summoned by coursers and also for construction efforts, I was just pointing out they're probably kitted out with ""something"" to help prevent lead poisoning
>>
>>170427918
Yea, OK. That should be in the game. Instead, we got double hp bars and a shitty flaming shader effect.
>>
>>170428020
>>170427918

You know what would be cool? If armor teleported on top of them when they entered combat, like those red cultists in Oblivion.
>>
>>170427883
>If the Institute ending is given, an Institute flag will be put up, indicating that the residents of Diamond City consider the Institute to be better than they thought they were. Also, gen 1 synths will walk around the Diamond City Market, if the Sole Survivor communicates with them, they inform them that they're here to spread the presence of The Institute. Diamond City security will comment saying that the synths suddenly appeared but they weren't causing any disruption or trouble, so they let them stay. Some will be crafting weapons/armor while other synths may be browsing different stores in the market.
>Myrna, who seemed to previously have a paranoia to synths, would let them browse her store and will no longer comment on hating synths.

What the actual fuck. I've sided with the Institute 3 times already and I've never seen this shit. Damn. I guess I never went back to Diamond City after finishing the main quest before.

>>170427918
I've never seen that before, is it official concpet art? Looks very badass.

>>170428115
This is a great idea.
>>
Anyone else think Fallout 5 should just completely strip away all the rpg elements and be a straight-up FPS?
>>
>>170428186

>I've never seen that before, is it official concpet art? Looks very badass.

Don't think so, i found it on deviantart, i just googled "Institute power armor"

http://hammk.deviantart.com/art/power-armor-concept-594350955
>>
>>170428232
Yes, only for how butthurt everyone here would be.
>>
>>170428232

No, but i do think they should give up on trying to make an RPG. What i mean by that is that every game has RPG elements, and if Fallout 5 took away things like perks for example, i think it would be worse for it.
>>
>>170427918

Tbh, that looks a lot like white Enclave armor with a different helmet, and no vision in the chest area

Which is basically what the end-game Institute armor was...not saying it wasn't lazy, but the resemblance to it is kinda easy to spot. Only thing different is the helmet, and the IDE cable looking things on the arms.
>>
File: Institute_uniform_concept_art.jpg (369KB, 732x900px) Image search: [Google]
Institute_uniform_concept_art.jpg
369KB, 732x900px
>>170428186
There is institute power armor concept art and it looks fucking retarded.
>>
>>170428232
Nope! I think they should re-implement traits as they're a key part of defining your character, I'd like for the same to happen to skills and tagged skills, but I don't see that happening; bring back DT/DR combo of JSawyer Mod; have abundant perk (in lieu of skills) checks in conversations, whilst having fun perks that aren't stat-boosters and save the stat-boosting boring shit for magazines; r e m o v e voiced protagonists as it's a shit tier idea and also go back to a wedge of conversation options instead of a measly four

I'd like ammo types back, too, but the game doesn't need to revert from ARPG back to RPG to be able to do that
>>
>>170428436
see the link in >>170426764

also, it's the most stylish PA the series has ever seen
>you can't turn around
it doesn't seem like a combat model and also, it's probably got cameras or some shit
>>
>>170428436
I know about that one, it really looks like it was made for building underground.
>>
>>170428232
It would get boring fast. What makes Fallout so fun is the roleplay you customise your character with gear and perks to fit a theme.
I hope they realise half the fun is getting unique gear and faction gear and add more of that.
>>
>>170428436
it looks like an environmental suit which is perfectly fine
not suited for throwing on synths and coursers though
>>
>>170428232
Bethesda wouldn't be able to hand it anyway. They'd still find a way to include bullet sponges and let the player tank 50 grenades worth of damage somehow. Their RPGs may be shitty and getting worse every iteration, but it's all they know.
>>
why are there THREE fucking fallout generals
this is almost bad as that time when those WoW autists sprged out and made 7 generals
>>
>>170430117
there's two off-shoots and then this, the real one, the other two have had a couple posts in a couple hours and we've had a 30-odd post discussion

this window will close in 3 2 1 the other two threads, desu
>>
>>170428232
only is they let Obsidian make an isometric stat heavy Fallout, too, if not, then no, definitely not
>>
Howdy
>>
>>170430569
>6 minute howdy

what you doing, senpai
>>
File: Highwayman.png (37KB, 242x131px) Image search: [Google]
Highwayman.png
37KB, 242x131px
>>170426367
A motor vehicle mod that isn't shit tier for any of the games.
>>
>>170430716
How is the NV one? Barely played NV, so didn't mod it a lot.

I hear he's had a lot of trouble since the engine isn't built for vehicles.
>>
Is there a mod that makes the Fallout 4 compass/minimap thing look more like the one from Fallout 3/New Vegas? Or at least makes it better looking?

I feel like it's very cluttered and has an unnecessary amount of different icons.
>>
Hey guys I'm slightly bored right now, I know. Post and share some Fallout fanarts.
>>
File: 436546567546.jpg (45KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
436546567546.jpg
45KB, 540x405px
>>170431091
>>
>>170430607
what
>>
File: 345676543.jpg (298KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
345676543.jpg
298KB, 600x594px
>>
>>170430767
it's pretty awful, I mean, it's great for screenshots, if that's your thing, but it's pretty whack in practice

the motorbike one isn't /as bad/, but it's still not good, either

I imagine the work on vehicles that the Frontier team have done will be easy enough to rip into New Vegas/3-proper and it honestly seems like the only "okay" vehicle mod effort yet
>>
>>170431407
howdy is typically a bump in these threads, but there had only been 6 minutes since the last post
>>
>>170431532
i was just saying howdy, sorry
>>
>>170431567
WELL BUTTER MY BUTT AND CALL ME A BISCUIT

it's nothing to apologize for, anon
>>
I forgot how much I love Dead Money, but I'm playing it again and it's easily my favourite Fallout content ever

>>170430775
I'm really surprised there's no FO3/:NV HUD mod, too, the FO4 HUD is disgusting

I hate-hate-hate the animations in Pip-Boy, too, so if anyone knows of a static replacer, then hit me up with that shit
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (106KB, 800x844px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
106KB, 800x844px
Ok, it's time to purify Boston. Making a pyromaniac power armor build and I'm stuck on what legendary to pick for the flamer, advice ?

>kneecapper - can stop monsters in their track but won't do much against shooting enemies and you're left with a crippled enemy you have to stand over and whittle away at it's HP

>wounding - bleed is good, TOO good, usually doesn't leave a charred corpse

>furious - is +20% damage with each shot worth it ?

>irradiated - MELTS humans but useless against other creatures

>crippling - not tested yet, does flamethrower hit all limbs at once ?

What are some other legendaries worth having on a flamer ?
>>
>>170433657
Unrelated, so I apologise, but man, I fucking hate the legendary system, it's easily my worst addition to the series that 4 brought with it
>>
>>170433928
I only dislike the farming system. Mods that allow you to remove a legendary from one weapon and put it onto another one make it way better as it makes it into another fun customization option allowing you to create your own funny weapons. I actually like the irradiated flame thrower.
>>
>>170431472
I looked at some videos, it looks reasonable, considering the engine.

>>170433928
This >>170434058 and the one that adds a legendary to boss chests make it pretty ok.
>>
>>170431091
>>170431341
>>170431449
>>
>>170434740
>>170434058
I just feel RNG loot stats on guns/gear goes against the flow of the series and just comes across as way too Borderlands-tier of goofiness; though I'm happy there are others who enjoy the system, it's entirely not for me
>>
>>170433657

Are two shot flamers possible?
>>
>>170433928
it's terrible for so many reasons
dumb enemies regening health and auras
skyrim enchantments in fallout
terribly overpowered enchantments as an excuse not to add ammo types
terribly useless enchantments so you're gambling on whether the game becomes a pushover after you kill that legendary mole rat with a fat man in its stomach
>>
>>170435532
Yes, but the damage increase seems not worth it from my test compared to some other legendaries like the Furious. Also the flames seem... "heavier" ? When I shot it, it looked like instead of the stream going forward it started dropping almost right away despite using the long range nozzle.

I will need to do some further testing.
>>
>>170435572
I mostly dislike how not-tangible it comes across in its implementation, there's no visible mechanical reasons for why the items do the fluff effects that they do, they just do them and it sucks

I'd prefer they abandoned the idea, but failing that, at least make it look like it does X or Y and not just be the exact same item with an effect plopped on, Fallout isn't supposed to be out-the-ass like TES
>>
>>170435012
Well, there's always Unique Uniques, More Uniques etc.
Not sure if there's a mod that disables legendaries alltogether, but it probably isn't that hard to do.

I do agree that its a shame they went this route instead of doing uniques, but its understandable in the context of the rest of the game design.
>>
>>170436019
There is a legendary disabling mod, both for items and spawns, I used it on my launch playthrough as luckily someone else immediately hated the system like I
>>
Having some... splitting headaches /fog/?
>>
>>170435572
>dumb enemies regening health and auras
The should've just used a stimpak, that was extremely stupid of Bethesda. It really shows how they wanted to make this game an mmorpg.

>skyrim enchantments in fallout
Agreed, this >>170435851 would've been great but its impossible considering they would've had to add a ton of mods for every weapon.

>terribly overpowered enchantments as an excuse not to add ammo types
As if they considered adding different ammo types in the first place

>terribly useless enchantments so you're gambling on whether the game becomes a pushover after you kill that legendary mole rat with a fat man in its stomach
Its just the nature of an RNG system. They should've just reduced the number of possible legendaries to any particular wepaon and made it visually distinct mods like >>170435851 said.

Still something a modder can do, but I bet it'd be a lot of work.
>>
File: 1445755137467.jpg (40KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
1445755137467.jpg
40KB, 300x364px
>>170427243
What outfit?
>>
>The ending of the questline where you blow up the Institute isn't synth Nora holding synth Shaun's hand and her asking if you'd let her come with you so you can be a family again
Who would have caved if that was the ending, even if you were BoS?
>>
>>170437859
Weak-willed people who think synths aren't just fancy protectrons
>>
>no space related F4 dlc
teased everywhere in the game, missed oppertunity. Maybe its a foreshadowing to F5
>>
>>170431449
Man, I wish companions had conversations/antics with one another when they're chilling at the Lucky 38
>>
>>170438213
Teased where, exactly?
>>
File: Menage a Trois.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Menage a Trois.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>170437859

I'm already deeply involved with Piper in my game. I think its been almost two in game years. I think at that point seeing synth Nora would just open old wounds and complicate things.

Unless of course Piper was down with the...ménage à trois. I have 11 CHR so I guess I could suavely convince her that having a polygamous relationship would make things easier for her and benefit humanity from all the extra baby production.
>>
>>170437859
>wanting a cheap fake copy of your wife when most people can't even stand synth Shaun to begin with
It'd guarantee I blow that shithole up
>>
>>170438516
>Romancing Piper
I hope you like it when she farts on you in bed from all the deviled eggs she eats
>>
File: homeplateloli.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
homeplateloli.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
So... I just walked into Home Plate and found a naked loli (I gave her a dress for the screen shot.) with some dude named Scavenger sitting in the reception area. Is this normal for Home Plate, or did I screw up some mods, somewhere?
>>
>>170438759

That's not normal

But now you own your own loli I guess
>>
>>170438886
>>170438759

Actually wait a minute, does the girl have a name? Might be a random encounter that decided to spawn in your home for some reason.

I've never seen this random encounter before but there's one where a loli is walking around the wastes buying and selling junk, with her Sentry bot guardian that she either built or fixed up.
>>
>>170439030
>walking around the wastes
She walks a very short, completely redundant, loop near Sanctuary
>>
>>170438886
Neither of them is assignable, though. I guess I'll just disable them, if they are still there in a few days.

>>170439030
Not her. My loli is named Scavenger. There is another random encounter with a girl and her father, but that girl is named "child" IIRC.
>>
File: 15139-6-1465947983.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
15139-6-1465947983.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>170437859
Might be a thing if the synth nora mod is ever completed

>>170437978
>Unironically believing conscious AI is impossible

>>170438701
Unique Unique's Wazer Wifle legit made me like Synth Shaun.

I wish he gave me kid drawings and notes as well as random weapon/armor mods. Maybe I'll make that mod one day.

Pic related
>>
>>170439202
That looks really nice. I am almost tempted to install UU now.
>>
Stop referring to little girls as lolis
>>
>>170439202
Conscious AI is possible, but it doesn't mean I'd view it as anything other than a simple tool
>>
>>170439392
How is that not literally slavery?
At least in the Synth's case, they're literally human in every aspect aside from the synth component.
>>
>>170439525
>they're literally human

*literally near-perfect human replications
They ain't human; they're just a science experiment gone too far
>>
>>170439525
Get out, Dez.
>>
>>170439525
t. Railroad fag
>>
>>170438759
Do you have any mods that make Home Plate a full settlement (unlocks all the build categories and such)?

It's probably a broken random encounter. I had a scavver spawn with a Brahmin inside my house at one point, very annoying.

>>170439640
If their bodies and minds operate exactly like a human's, why deny them the rights?

>>170439719
>>170439741
lol no. The Institute has to be destroyed at all costs. The ability to produce potentially better humans at a button's press is too dangerous to exist.

That said, the Synths themselves are nothing more than slaves at the moment. The problem is they might seize the means of production and overwhelm their human masters.

Which is how I justify my BoS playthrough, >>170437859
>>
>>170439967
And even if you completely destroy the Institute, some future group could reverse engineer their tech from the synths themselves, which is why killing them is justifiable.
>>
>>170439525
>Equal rights for vending machines!
>>
>>170438759
>>170439967

I solved the mystery. They are "Salvagers" not "Scavengers". They were created by the Salvage Beacons mod.

Which sucks, because they don't live in any of my settlements and I have a cool robot and a BOS soldier to do this job.
>>
>>170439967
>why deny them the rights
Because we were talking about a disgusting rebirth of your beloved under the guise of a robot-person

I'm fine with synths, but they're beneath me (as a human) and I don't care for their rights, though I equally don't care about their destruction
>>
File: homeplatesalvagers.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
homeplatesalvagers.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
>>170440154
And they have not even done their job, yet. I might have to get rid of that mod.
>>
>>170440154
Oh, I thought the guy you assingned to the communication's table (or whatever it's called) did that. It's just a randomly spawned settler then?
>>170440375
Have you tried waiting?

>>170440141
Vending machines aren't conscious

>>170440161
An understandable point of view.
>>
>>170439967
Synths are not humans they are like the most advanced stealth assaultrons ever made. They have stolen a persons identity. You have to kill them to find the evidence of their existance.
Though this is a plothole since they have an artifical component there should be some way of scanning Synths. Maybe it doesn't exist yet in the Commonwealth.
>>
>>170440141
>>170439525
Personally I think that calling something 'alive' is less useful than calling something sapient. There are various sapient robots in fallout that seem to have their own independent lives and self determination.

Personally I would say that the best way to do it is what is implied by the Automatrons with their personality subroutines, they're not bound to obey your every whim but they have a deep instinct to serve you and please you.

There's nothing wrong with creating artificial life that instinctively wishes to serve and would not harm us, that's not slavery.
>>
>there are people who sided with the very organization responsible with the death of your spouse and kidnapping/indoctrination of your son who used said sons dna to make an unquantified amount of artificial super human grandchildren
>>
File: 20170306144757_1.jpg (357KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170306144757_1.jpg
357KB, 1360x768px
So who here loves playing dress up?

Rate my outfit and post your own.
>>
>>170440586
>you didn't side with your own son
Fo shame.
>>
>>170440693
>brainwashed 70 year old lunatic who believes making an army of sterile humans is going to solve all of their problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq3x-I0mcBE

the master 2 electric boogaloo

I can have a new son with cait or piper
>>
>>170440443
>Oh, I thought the guy you assingned to the communication's table (or whatever it's called) did that.

That's what I thought, too. The beacon has been active for three game days. I'll give it another week before I uninstall.
>>
>>170440586
They have a cool base

That's all it takes to get me on board

Institute > Prydwen > Castle > Railroad basement
>>
Is there any way in New Vegas to stop time and to keep moving around? Or a trigger to slow down time
>>
File: 20161229024945_1.jpg (793KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161229024945_1.jpg
793KB, 1920x1080px
>>170440668
It's shit!

My waifu murders muslim subhumans!
>>
>>170440520
>Synths are not humans they are like the most advanced stealth assaultrons ever made
This is exactly how I described Gen 2s in my in game journal, haha

Not all Gen 3s have a stolen person's identity though, only the ones used to replace people. The Institute/Railroad liberated ones have their own personality.

I also think it's a plot hole, you could just X-Ray someone (there are X-Rays on the Prydwen) and look for the Synth component.
A counter argument is that maybe the Institute predicted this and have the Synth component be untraceable until the person's death.

>>170440521
This is not what's happening to the Synths. Codsworth and others, sure. Synths, not so much. Gen 3s are visibly scared of Institute Scientists and Coursers, and are frightened by the thought of receiving a mind wipe or reprogramming.
>>
>>170440891
¬
Tfc 1

or if you don't mean literally freezing time and flying around, there's mods to implement bullet time

Be in third person when you enter the console command or you'll be invisible yourself
>>
>>170440843
>brainwashed
You haven't played from the Institute perspective. They are not brainwashed. Synths were an early post war plan to rebuild the surface before Fathers time.
>>
>>170440891
Like a Za Warudo thing?
>>
>>170440891
what like this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61914/?
>>
>>170440992
>>170441026
Yes

So only mods can do it, huh

Made a Kira character for New Vegas, was wondering what other neat stando noryokus I could impliment
>>
File: Pucci love.png (318KB, 600x297px) Image search: [Google]
Pucci love.png
318KB, 600x297px
>>170441128
Thanks
>>
>>170440586
It's just Bethesda's shitty storytelling. Shaun used Kellogg for a long time, then woke you up in the Vault and had you kill him.
This is his own act of rebellion. I mean, he gets you to be the next leader of the Institute, clearly he's not that indocrinated.

In the end, the Institute in your hands it really can be the best choice for the Commonwealth.
>>
I hope we revisit The Pitt some time this series and equally, that they canonise siding with Ashur (he did nothing wrong, remember), so we can see its newfound industry and economy ourselves

Hell, go full blown and set it in a time period where the baby has grown up and is in charge herself
>>
>>170440915
I think the fact that the advanced Synths have somesort of espionage history or obviously would have won the espionage war with China in the setting. Anyway the clue is in the secret intelligence base there is a wall diagram that shows the evolution of robot models into assaultrons.
The assaultron was added into the game to show the proto-synth humanoid then gen 1, 2 and 3.
The component plot hole maybe explained in that the Institute is the only technologically advanced faction in the region able to detect the component. They certainly can do it but no one else has the expertise.
>>
>>170441317
How did he wake you up, anyway? Did he just send someone to open your pod and run away really fast?
>>
>>170441448
The science team probably added a remote failsafe on the first visit where they abducted Shaun, which he then used in the future
>>
>>170440865

Castle not the comfiest? Really?
Still pissed I need to side with the MM to get all its features though.
>>
>>170441448
This is actually a bit of a problem in the story, and is one of the reasons why having the SS be a synth would be great (but that's another story).

In the Vault, everyone but you is dead because the life support of their pods malfunctioned. So, either he killed everyone but you (he has no reason to do this) or by the time he discovered he had a terminal disease and wanted free you, only you were alive (for some reason).

Something like >>170441631 said is the most likely option, if you read the terminals in the Vault it says there was a remote control system for the pods, Vault-Tec was supposed to monitor the experiment remotely after a few months. He probably just tapped into that.
>>
>>170441317

That kinda makes sense, and I've seen youtube videos that talk about it, but what about the super mutants? Was he trying to be so bad that the Institute banished him?
>>
>>170442002
Castle is almost certainly the comfiest, but it's not the coolest

Underground Bond villain labs and giant airships are cool, tho
>>
>>170442009
DiMA calls you a synth because the only memories you can bring up as "earliest thing I can recall" are either right before the bomb fells or waking up from cryo.
>>
>>170442009
I honestly assumed it was both what I said in regards to a remote failsafe, but with the other vault dwellers being shut off so the system could keep you alone alive for longer until just the right time for Shaun to thaw you out to help with his plans
>>
File: 1l0iaa.jpg (53KB, 501x500px) Image search: [Google]
1l0iaa.jpg
53KB, 501x500px
Why are there so many supermutants?
>>
>>170442882
It wouldn't be Fallout else :^^^)))
>>
>>170442169
Srill mad start me up didnt touch far harbor
>>
>>170443060
Does the author plan to, do you know?
>>
>>170443042
It just doesn't feel like a small FEV virus could turn about 1/3 of bostons population into supermutants. Was there a mass bombing im unaware of? I thought FEV was contained.
>>
>>170443184
Oh no, anon, they're Institute born, they used FEV in synth production and any reject muties were dumped on the surface
>>
>>170442214
But here's the plothole: why would the Institute leave you alive in particular? Anyone in that Vault was fair game for their needs. Why leave it to Vault-Tecs shitty systems at all, instead of bringing everyone to the Institute?

Your idea makes sense (Shaun prioritizing your pod vs everyone else's), but it's the Institutes original logic that was flawed.

Gives more reason for him to be rebelious though "look at how incompetent my predecessors are, these people have been shut-ins for too long, we need a new perspective here".

Too bad none of this is explored in the base game. All we get is a throwaway line from Shaun about having his revenge with Kellogg.

>>170442095
Nah, Bethesda just wanted to have Super Mutants in the game and that's that.
Shaun has no motivation for this. He actually covers up the fact that the experiments weren't yielding results by locking down that section of the Institute.
Presumably everyone down there was a-ok with kidnapping people and turning them into mutties "for science", but when it's pointless it crosses a line (the reason Virgil left).
A similar plot hole exists regarding Kellogg's augmentations.
>>
>>170442169
That's just bad storytelling again. It's one of the big problems with Far Harbor: DiMA can't actually tell who's a synth and who's not. I mean, literally everyone in Acadia is confirmed a synth, with the component and everything. Yet they all talk about how anyone could be a synth, its impossible to tell etc. How come EVERYONE but Kasumi is actually a synth? It's impossible to have that ratio of 99% synths without a method of identifying them.

Worse, if you go to the Institute and talk to the guy added by the DLC, he doesn't confirm if she is a synth or not, implying even the Institute can't tell.

So you know, its a cool line from DiMA, but it falls apart if you put 2 seconds of thought into it.

It would be great if it were true though. Synth Shaun goes against the Institute's beliefs about synths not being human. Shaun leaving him with you so you can "have the chance we never had" implies he had a sudden change of heart and believes synths are human.

This could've been built upon massively, with you being a synth secretly made by Shaun without a component or a recall code. Just imagine it, you get there, introduce yourself to everyone, they all belive you to be fully human.
Then drops the bomb and reveals that he wants you to be the director. They all reluctantly agree, get to know better and respect you more.

Then he reveals to everyone (yourself included) that you're a synth, completely turning the Institute's perspective of synths around. There could be another faction within the Institute that rejects this, so maybe you could side with them if you believed yourself to be no better than a toaster.

There's a review on YouTube that explained this in more detail (as well as correctly broke down this game and all of its flaws) if you're interested I can find it, beware its like 2 hours long though.
>>
File: esp.jpg (706KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
esp.jpg
706KB, 1920x1080px
I'm surprised more people aren't using Endless Warfare, it's literally the best mod.
>>
>>170443449
I think it's just the systems failing from lack of maintenance and you getting lucky, as is usual for FO, really.
As for the Institute not killing you, well, they call you a back-up.

>>170443753
Your idea sounds way better, desu.
As for the 99% being synths, I thought that was either from escaping the institute and knowing, or the Railroad's memory wipe not actually being that good.
>>
>>170443449
I think it's in character for the Institute.

For all their high talk of being the future of mankind they really aren't actually doing anything of value. They're running their experiments but only a small number of the stuff we see would have any practical application, which they never get around to employing. Their end state isn't even a real victory it's just a maintaining of the status quo where they will continue puttering away with their experiments not doing anything productive.

So messing around with FEV for no real reason beyond scientific curiosity makes sense for them.
>>
>>170443449
>at least we have the backup - Kellogg
I imagine you were chosen as said backup due to your service history and "being of capable stock" (sorry fellow Nora's, but Nate is the obvious canon), but since it's way easier to get the necessary DNA from a completely passive child than it is from a potentially hostile parent/adult, they left you on ice in case, I dunno, they dropped the baby on his head leaving the vault - not really, but you get the idea - I agree it's all a bit hokey, but I'm able to justify it in a way that I can't with, say, Little Lamplight
>>
File: homeplateprovisioner.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
homeplateprovisioner.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
>>170440443
I got the delivery message on the same day, and they were gone when I returned.

Now I just have these fools to deal with.
>>
What is the point of the Builder? All items it creates are useless
>>
>>170442095
>>170443449
Had they changed the terminal entries just slightly it could've been fixed though. Make the Super Mutant research a legacy from the past and have one (or more) of the division heads pressuring him to keep it going, even if it wasn't giving new results. Finally when Virgil snaps they're forced to accpet the end of the program. This would be another reason for him to be rebellious.

>>170443893
It would be usual if they all failed, just yours in particular sitll working is dumb. I like >>170442214's idea that Shaun redirected the other's life support system to keep just you alive.

Also, that can't be it. Their message is that its a safe haven for everyone, and yet there's only synths there?

>>170443958
They're not that incompetent, even synth gorillas are a useful line of research.

>no real reason beyond scientific curiosity
Except the whole reason Virgil left is that the experiments were pointless. They weren't modifying FEV and seeing what happened, they were just dipping people and dogs into it, having the same results every time, and that was it.

>>170443995
What does that have to do with it? They're dealing with pre-war people here, and they have teleporters. They could just teleport people into the Institute and I highly doubt any of them would rebel. Life in the Institute is pretty sweet next to the wasteland.
>>
Is there any mod that makes food you drop into the workshop display as actual fucking food?

I think its fucking retarded how I have to plant a bunch of trees when I have about 200 food just sitting in my inventory. Wtf were they thinking?
>>
>>170444586
You think a pair of pre-war adults with, seemingly strong, morals, would abide with the shit the Institute are up to at that point? I'd reckon it's unlikely in the case of a Bethesda lead character (RE: The Goodie)
>>
>>170444742
It works perfectly fine without mods. The food stat will turn red, if there is not enough food for a day in the workbench/network. The settlers will sill complain, but it will have no negative impact on happiness as long as it's not red.
>>
>>170444956
Well the settlers complaining is the worst fucking thing..
>>
>>170443995
Also, Nora was originally supposed to have been a war veteran just like Nate. There's even a mod that restores her dialogue:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16817/?

>>170444896
What about the other dozens of people frozen in the Vault? Also why couldn't they just get the DNA from the frozen people? Not that hard, really.
>>
>>170445163
Some kind of lazy Fallout "SCIENCE!" vs. Science writing where it's easier for them to work with a similar DNA strain for the synth project? I dunno, I think there's umpteen trillion holes in FO4s gameplay, writing and everything in between, but this stuff is much easier to swallow and sweep aside than other such stuff
>>
Nate>Nora

Anyone who plays as nora is a cancerous waifu fag and needs to be hung
>>
>>170445391
So much wrong, so little post
>>
>>170445381
Now that you said that I realise even Kellogg's line "at least we still have the backup" is shit, since they could easily grab DNA from Nora's body.

But yes this is one of the minor problems of the game.
>>
File: ScreenShot11.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot11.png
3MB, 1600x900px
Post & R8 Nates
>>
File: MyNate.jpg (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MyNate.jpg
406KB, 1920x1080px
>>170446049
I always just use the same preset, make him a bit more buff, and remove some of the blemishes.
>>
>>170446602
Looks like a cuck t.b.h. is he railroad or BOS?
>>
>>170446838
>Looks like a cuck
I will have to say its B.O.S. then.
>>
>>170446942
>implying Railroad aren't the biggest cucks
>>
Reminder Nate re-marrying Piper is canon.
>>
>>170447453
>Nate
You mean Nora.
>>
>>170447453
Piper is basically the re-incarnation of his wife
>>
>>170447518
Fuck off dyke cuck
>>
>>170447518
Nora is meant for Dogmeat.
>>
>>170447572
>being this much of a mad faggot

Stay jelly pleb.
>>
>>170447453
Piper is shit!

SHIT!
>>
File: 1487704890504.png (1MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1487704890504.png
1MB, 1600x1600px
>>170447749
>>
File: 20170306130953_1.jpg (329KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170306130953_1.jpg
329KB, 1360x768px
>>170446049
I personally stick to the default face and just change eye color, facial hair and give him a bunch of scars.

Something kinda appealing playing a dogged nice guy who has been obviously beaten to shit but is still a pleasant person.
>>
>>170448398
>muh Pence

>implying that guy isn't the biggest faggot ever

Silly silly rightfag.
>>
>>170448553
Arw you an actual lesbian or a guy oretending to be one for shitposting sake?
>>
File: 20170308110405_1.jpg (227KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170308110405_1.jpg
227KB, 1360x768px
Help me please, I can't stop tweaking my vault.
>>
File: longtimenosee.png (741KB, 1677x1134px) Image search: [Google]
longtimenosee.png
741KB, 1677x1134px
>>170448740
>Building vaults
>>
File: 20170308110415_1.jpg (223KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170308110415_1.jpg
223KB, 1360x768px
>>170448740
>>
>>170448592
>implying you need to be a homo to see through retards like Pence

Its not like it never happened before you know..
>>
>>170448972
I asked you a question, please answer it. Are you male or female in real life?
>>
>>170448740
>>170448880
Very nice, is that all you've built so far?

>>170449040
>>170448972
So, are you samefagging or did someone really get baited this easily?
>>
>>170448740
>>170448880
Could use some more strippers poles, display cases and better lightning.
>>
>>170449157
I'm not samefagging, I need to know if there is indeed a flaming annoying dyke in this thread, or just another waifufag merely pretending.
>>
File: 20170215001702_1.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170215001702_1.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
xth for finding love and happiness in the harsh wasteland
>>
>>170449381
>Pink hud faggot
Get out
>>
File: smells like victory.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smells like victory.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>170433657
If you're using just flamers there's no reason not to have one that irradiates and another that's kneecapper. You have crowd control and then a good damage dealer.

I never had any issue with Irradiated flamers not killing super mutant behemoths.
>>
File: enb2017_3_4_11_50_49.jpg (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enb2017_3_4_11_50_49.jpg
563KB, 1920x1080px
>>170449534
Its not me but its nice to see that more people dont care about your autistic whinning.

Cry more fag.
>>
>>170428436
The thing about institute power armor is that it wouldn't be used by the synths, it would be used by the human members of the institute, seeing as the fact that most of them are more brain than brawn. It could've easily been a very good addition to the game. Perhaps as a final boss for destroying the institute
>>
>>170449157
I've got a little machine shop, a communal bedroom, internal farm and a kind of REC room but they're all rather boring because the NPCs seem to solely congregate in the diner, which is what I've spent most of my time on.
>>
>>170449926
I hope you get aids and a maggot filled vagina you cunt
>>
>>170433928
I don't see a problem with it, aside from the complete lack of any lore justification.
>>
File: enb2017_3_4_11_50_41.jpg (585KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enb2017_3_4_11_50_41.jpg
585KB, 1920x1080px
>>170450029
>get told to cry more
>cries more

Good cuck obeys i see.
>>
>>170450020
I had the same problem with my first Vault. Have you tried Settler Sandbox Expansion?
I haven't used it yet (started a new game recently), but it sounds like it could help.

Also, do post pics of your atrium, last time I tried I utterly failed at making a decent looking one.
>>
>>170450065
I don't mind it really, I just don't use much of it. It can sometimes be justified, like incendiary rounds, or just through the badassery of your protagonist letting you do incredible feats, and frankly there's a lot of unexplained things in the RPG elements that have been there forever, a lot of the perks are kinda inexplicable.

My personal favorite legendary was a western revolver that does bonus limb damage. I named it the 'Callahan Special' because it can take a raider's head clean off.
>>
>>170448740
>>170448880
I tried to make it pretty. But then I built up my workshop for modding gear, and I had to tear down everything that made the vault pretty. rip
>>
>>170428232
Yeah and while were at it lets petition to have all the sugar taken out of frosted flakes. I mean we still get flakes right, do they really have to be frosted? [Sarcasm]
>>
>>170438340
Did the companions in Fo4 have any kind of dialogue towards each other that wasn't just initiated by switching between them or part of a quest?
>>
File: widehallvault.jpg (777KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
widehallvault.jpg
777KB, 3840x2160px
>>170448740
I went super simple with my vault, this time. It houses nine people and is made of wide hall pieces almost exclusively.

RP wise, I pretend that this is what Barstow and the construction crew built with the stuff they had at hand when the door closed.
>>
>>170433657
You should use the new Tribal power armor mod for that build. It's modeled after Ashurs armor from 3
>>
File: 20170212193350_1.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170212193350_1.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
Have you gone on a date with your waifu recently anon?

Have you taken a walk together on Nordhagen? Have you gone on a late night noodle run to Power Noodles? Have you sat at the top of Trinity Tower and tried to find your settlements in the distance? Have you built a separate cute little house at your main settlement for her?

Sunrise on Spectacle Island!
>>
File: 20170308114325_1.jpg (206KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170308114325_1.jpg
206KB, 1360x768px
>>170450247
Atrium is kinda sparse right now, not sure what to put into it at the moment. I wanted one big soaring grand hall as the centerpiece of the vault but I'm not really sure what to do with it.
>>
File: 20170308114340_1.jpg (173KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170308114340_1.jpg
173KB, 1360x768px
>>170451235
>>
I'm siding with the raiders and taking outposts in the commonwealth. I can't complete the Capture the Castle quest for some reason. I've done everything I can think of.

I open the workshop, go to the flag and it doesn't appear.
>>
>>170451480
Pretty sure you can find the flag in the console then just do a placeatme and it just worksâ„¢
>>
I killed a radroach and it had a bunch of super mutant loot on it. What gives?
>>
File: Fallout4_2016_09_17_00_05_53_767.jpg (593KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2016_09_17_00_05_53_767.jpg
593KB, 2560x1600px
Here is a WIP shot of my last atrium. (I don't have any of the finished build.) I think I prefer the wide halls; they work better with the shitty lighting.
>>
File: 29X3FFS[1].jpg (224KB, 1980x1080px) Image search: [Google]
29X3FFS[1].jpg
224KB, 1980x1080px
>>170449710
It just feels wrong to carry around two flamers, plus I don't recall Irradiated weapons doing radiation damage to mutants. I was thinking about a Crippling flamer, the size of the flame you shoot makes me think that perhaps it can hit multiple limbs, meaning that perhaps while it won't kill quicker you will be able to drop an enemy to the ground and stop him from shooting at you in a few poofs ?

Great screenshot by the way, yours ?
>>
>>170451795
Never mind that irradiated weapons actually heal ghouls. An irradiated flamer heals and damages them at about the same rate on normal difficulty.
>>
>>170451782
That's a nice design, gives me the idea to put streetlights in my atrium to help light it.

Though you should totally get a mod to make the lights use passive power rather than having to string wires everywhere.
>>
>Resolving kidnapping at County Crossing to open it up
>Monsignor Plaza
>Easy fuckin' Peasy.
>Settler insists on following me.
>runs headlong into a pack of mutants
>DealWithIt.jpg
>Begin trek back to Crossing
>Back into a fucking deathclaw in the middle of a random-ass city street.

Save often, kids.
>>
>>170452347
That would have been a good idea, but it was my first vault and I wanted to see what was possible 100% vanilla. If I was to try another "serious" vault, I'd probably just use a mod to fix the lighting now.
>>
>>170452084
And they told me that healing weapons were cut out of them game, damn.
>>
Ok i need some help for some reason my favorite keys have just stopped working in fallout 4 and i have no idea why everything was fine one minute and then nothing worked the next and resetting the game wont help and they work if i go back far enough in my saves but i really dont want to lose all that progress
anyone know a fix?
>>
>>170426127
people who make New Vegas threads on /v/ get screamed at for "posting generals outside of /vg/" even though it's nothing like /fog/ or /cfog/

i dont get it either. it's just videogames
>>
>>170452873
Happened to me recently, and then fixed itself within a few minutes. Wish I could actually help you.
>>
>>170453040
Huh... I guess ill see if it sorts itself out if I can't find a quick fix.
>>
>>170452084
>>170451795
>Finally, the game distinguishes between radiation immunity (present on e.g. Super mutants) and resistance (present in high quantities on e.g. Feral ghouls). This is important because some weapons do pure radiation damage that ignores radiation immunity; they are still however affected by radiation resistance, so these weapons will ironically do more damage to an "immune" target than one with high resistances.

This means that perhaps irradiated weapons deal damage to Super Mutants ? Or just the gamma gun ?
>>
Is there any reason to play on survival bar increased difficulty?
>>
>>170453306
no, that's pretty much the whole appeal
>>
>>170453268
They do deal extra damage to Super Mutants, just not as much. And pure radiation weapons deal almost no damage to you when you are in a rad-suit or PA.
>>
I'm surprised there hasn't been a mod to make Shaun a girl yet. all it would take is a amall pitch change on the younger Shauns dialogue and a modulator on the old shauns voice. Shauna?
>>
File: 20170308181706_1.jpg (488KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170308181706_1.jpg
488KB, 1920x1080px
fallout 4 "it just works" does anyone know how to fix this shit show its way too disorientating to play
>>
File: 20170308122011_1.jpg (196KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170308122011_1.jpg
196KB, 1360x768px
Ok pretty pleased with how this is shaping up, turning the atrium into just a kind of general hangout area in the hopes some of my settlers will stop crowding the diner so much.

I like that they're programmed to congregate towards bars and stuff but the programming seems to take it too far, my little tavern in Sanctuary is entirely empty save for the entire population trying to be in physical contact with the bar itself.
>>
>>170452845
There's a "medic" legendary prefix isn't there?
>>
>>170454082
rip anon's GPU
>>
File: Iyf8wqG.jpg (41KB, 540x457px) Image search: [Google]
Iyf8wqG.jpg
41KB, 540x457px
>>170454082
>>
>>170454013
Shayna

>>170454086
I think there are some mods with invisible floor markers that have the same attraction values as the bar.
>>
>>170454082
yes, you should buy a new graphics card as yours is ded

get a 1070
>>
>>170454213
literately every other game in my library runs fine its just fallout4
>>
>>170454160
It's unused in the vanilla game
>>
>>170454160
There are also a AOE healing/buff effects for Automatron.

I am not sure about targeted weapons, but it should be possible to makes some sort of healing explosive. A targeted weapon would work for the healing part, but might make some targets hostile.
>>
>>170454364
So what, there already is one?
>>
>>170455208
So they have other places to go, if you mean the vault.

That's the real name "Shauna" was niggerised from. If you are talking about female Shaun.
>>
https://clips twitch tv/HonorableAntediluvianHorseBIRB

>*You lost Karma*
>>
>>170425372
What is arguably the most mature general on this board?
>>
File: ScreenShot62.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot62.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Have you taken your date somewhere today /fog/ ?
We went to the movies, shit was the bomb.
>>
Super Mutants who aren't aware of you:
>STOMP STOMP STOMP ME HUNGRY HATE EVERYTHING AND MUST YELL ABOUT IT ALWAYS
Super Mutants who ARE aware of you:
>When did you get the impression that YOU were behind ME?
>>
In lore, do NCR rangers range alone, or do they do so in groups?
>>
>>170446049
You should try the 4K clean black suit, it looks great.

>>170448468
Looks neat-o, but I prefer the masked look you had before.

Much like >>170446602, I always use the same preset. I'm even more boring and don't even change the hair though.
Males with long hair turn me off anon
>>
>>170459197
.....so their vulvas are their weak spots?
>>
>>170459606
depends on the situation/task at hand
>>
File: 1485524358575.png (732KB, 937x597px) Image search: [Google]
1485524358575.png
732KB, 937x597px
>>170459197
I locked her up and gave her a nice dicking
>>
File: ScreenShot27.jpg (299KB, 1107x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot27.jpg
299KB, 1107x1080px
>>170459646
Forgot to add a pic, I'm retarded.
>>
File: ScreenShot63.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot63.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>170459860
Well yeah ..

>>170460137
That too but mine was more in the fingering/licking department.
>>
>Trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong with zzjay's lazily ported "10x the polygons as mikoto's" hair, aside from "I used weight shit so EGMs don't work and they move 5 vertices 2 millimeters ruining the entire thing"
>Finally figure out that the idiot was too lazy to map the textures to the "hat" trishape
>Not that it matters because without the EGM it won't even appear when you put on a hat
>Meanwhile Mikoto's manages to apply a single texture file to like 10 completely differently shaped hair meshes AND the hairline mesh
>This moron is still all high and mighty that they ported some hair meshes from someone else's port of some mods for The Sims 3
God damn it I just want that braid that literally no one else seems to have in their hair packs, and I want to not be bald if I decide I'd like to wear a hat that covers the hair slot. I'm not going to learn how to use Blender to do this UV mapping when it isn't a case of just folding the texture over it.
>>
File: 20170306152208_1.jpg (363KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170306152208_1.jpg
363KB, 1360x768px
>>170459646
Oh I still have the mask, I went with the hood and mask being different pieces so I could take the mask off for conversations.
>>
File: 48477-1-1354343856.jpg (536KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
48477-1-1354343856.jpg
536KB, 1600x902px
When you guys download weapon mods how do you play when starting a new game?

Do you use the weapon right from the get go or do you play the game first until a certain level or time in game and then obtain the mod weapon?
>>
File: 20170306145133_1.jpg (372KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170306145133_1.jpg
372KB, 1360x768px
>>170464580
I would only use what was naturally available, or get a reasonable equivalent to what I started with, like another pistol or something. Past a certain point when I have enough money to buy anything I want I would usually just console spawn them in to save the hassle of tracking them down, but by that point I'd have most of it anyway.
>>
>>170464580
Depends on how the mod adds it. If it's in a specific place I won't console it in or anything, but I might try to rush to get it. There was one that added a unique to Carla's vendor list. Saved up for it, bought it, then didn't have more than a handful of ammo at a time.

Oddly enough (or not really that odd I guess) the only weapon mods I have for NV were added as part of quest mods, so of course I can't use those until I get far enough in the quests.
>>
>>170464580
Pretty much what >>170464972 said.
If it's craftable I'll try that first though.
>>
>>170465367
>craftable weapon/armor
>the ''ingredients'' are just caps
Why even bother.
>>
>>170465565
What shit mods add them like that?
>>
>>170465565
Because when you've added a ton of weapons to the game, finding them in a vendor inventory gets less likely so this is a way to just get your hands on it while still paying for it.
>>
>>170465756
That M1 Garand mod, I know there are others too.
>>
>>170465565
I never used a mod like that, no.
I was thinking about the PlasRail, though I got it in Fort Hagen in my latest playthrough
>>
DONT IGNORE ME IT TOOK ME 5 SECONDS OF MY LIFE AND LUCK TO GET THIS CLIP I CAUSED THIS LAUGH AT IT
>>170456237
>>
>>170459860
>tfw still no animated groin melee attacks in VATS
>>
>>170459606
pretty sure they are the equivalent of (nowadays) special forces and the counterpart of the frumentarii
>>
>>170467873
Sort of, their traditional role was more like a militia than anything else, roaming the wasteland hunting down bad guys, they're tough fighters but mostly revered for their field craft, tracking and survival skills more than being really powerful professional operators.

I mean they mostly use lever action rifles and revolvers, they're mainly long range sharpshooters rather than what most people generally think of as special forces.
>>
>>170463050
>blocked from the mod
>because I pointed out that none of what they said had anything to do with the actual problem
>and that it was a matter of them not bothering to mapping properly
>implying I don't already have all of the files
>implying I want them
>>
Any means of changing keybindings for the GECK? Google is yielding no results.
>>
>>170469328
Which mod were you blocked from, and also, what mod has the particular braided hair you like? Fh hairs, Megaton Hairs, Nouk & Apachii? Reading a thread on nexus for the Megaton hairs, zzjay is really going off that EGMs don't do anything because of a change to the NIF, but the only thing that would affect is if they removed the Hat low-poly hair mesh from the NIFs in the first place (because the general process of porting hairs was taking a vanilla nif, deleting the NoHat mesh, and replacing it with the ported hair (using the Hat mesh as a rough guide).

I dunno, its stupid though. The main thing is how the game won't read loose EGM files, that really makes hair modding a pain in the ass.
>>
>>170461338
You arent cute not funny, fuck off fag
>>
File: 20170213011802_1.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170213011802_1.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>when the jet hits you just right

j-just kidding, she's been clean for months
>>
>>170473154
Megaton hairs. The NIF in question still has the hat mesh. Easy enough to grab the EGM for that specific mesh and package up all the files, don't even need to use the Configurator. Got that to work. But as I said there in the thread you're reading the hat mesh (that shows up correctly when the EGM is added) isn't mapped to use the new hair texture. Since the texture is mostly in long strips and all.

ALMOST got Blender to cooperate. Couldn't find half of the buttons the guide was talking about, but I pressed something and suddenly the hair bit was being tiled on the unfolded mesh.
https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4022-skyrim-blender-basics-add-materials-and-textures-to-nifs/
I was using the package of the correct tools and versions from the Oblivion nexus, but the menus don't quite line up. I don't know where to find anything anyway.

It's hilarious though that it's so easy to do what she's refusing to do and making up excuses for not putting effort into that someone who hasn't touched Blender before could figure it out.
>>
>>170474389
What makes it funnier is like I also pointed out is that Mikoto's manages to map the same texture to like 10 different meshes at a time, including the hat mesh.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (962KB, 1087x1400px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
962KB, 1087x1400px
A question to PS4 moders (I know at least one exists in the world) - is it possible to mod the tesla coils and tesla bracers to have fire instead of electric effect ?
>>
i had to block mod organizer and steam with this homeguard program since i developed a newvegas and modding addiction. I am still gonna lurk here though.

[/blog]
>>
File: 1480173170598.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480173170598.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
>>170431091
>>
>>170475641
hey u got more companion fan art?
>>
File: 1466970552766.png (500KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1466970552766.png
500KB, 1000x900px
>>
File: 1473715427687.jpg (401KB, 1008x565px) Image search: [Google]
1473715427687.jpg
401KB, 1008x565px
>>170475775
nope! i dont know where to find good fanart that fits my tastes honestly.
>>
>>170474389
>quote from nexus:
>The NIFs have a hairline mesh. They have a UV map. It's a vanilla map, for a vanilla mesh, designed for a vanilla texture that's being overwritten by the GECK with the custom texture.
Was this you? What do you mean by this, exactly? And what is the main problem now, is it the hat hair is appearing and fitted, but a wonky texture now?
>>
File: DESKTOP background joshua graham.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DESKTOP background joshua graham.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>170476081
That's pretty neat.
>>
File: 06-07-06.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
06-07-06.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
>>170451795
Yes.

And like someone pointed out, the game makes a distinction between radiation immunity, resistance, and damage dealt. Super Mutants aren't really much of a threat with an irradiated flamer, and if you don't want to carry two flamers, I tend to prefer using an axe or hammer on feral ghouls anyway.
>>
>>170463287
What's that mask from?
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-08+at+04.48.56).jpg (122KB, 869x721px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-08+at+04.48.56).jpg
122KB, 869x721px
>>170476232
"Hairline" referring to the hat trishape, taken from a vanilla hair. If you look at the textures applied to it, it uses vanilla assets. It even still has part of the vanilla name. The texture a hair uses is set in the GECK. You can set it in the NIF, but the GECK will overrule it.

So because of the GECK, the hair texture from the mod gets applied to the hat part of the mesh. But because that part is 100% vanilla, of course the texture won't fit. It's like those weird mapping problems you get if you install a body replacer wrong.

Pic related. The blue part is the part that, with an EGM, will show when you put on a hat. This is after I applied the hair mod's textures to it. It wraps the texture around the mesh as if it were the vanilla hair texture. So yes, that's the problem, it's a wonky texture now.
>>
File: GAMER_GRRRL.jpg (179KB, 1017x573px) Image search: [Google]
GAMER_GRRRL.jpg
179KB, 1017x573px
>ITT
>>
why are nt there any /pol/ themed mods?
>>
>>170476875
Would bang the one on the right. She has nice hair. Could stand to lose some weight but couldn't we all.

The others look fake and bitchy.
>>
File: 20170306152629_1.jpg (349KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170306152629_1.jpg
349KB, 1360x768px
>>170476829
Commonwealth Survivalist Gear
>http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7362/?
>>
File: SMELL THAT CLEAN AIR.jpg (537KB, 880x1120px) Image search: [Google]
SMELL THAT CLEAN AIR.jpg
537KB, 880x1120px
>>
File: texture compare.png (846KB, 1005x513px) Image search: [Google]
texture compare.png
846KB, 1005x513px
>>170477015
They look like they came out of one of zzjay's mods.

>>170476832
Okay, so, this is why the texture is wonky. On the left you have the hair texture from the mod, which is being applied to both parts of the mesh, the hat and nohat. On the right is what the hat part is expecting to find. So it's applying a cut-out of the new one in the shape of the old one.
>>
>>170476875
do any of you nerds know any real gamur girls?

i know one. She is my gf bf. we go to the gym togethe and she is short and stacked. She coincidentially loves skyrim and asked me for help in modding. Needlesly to say her bf is in another city and i was with her in a room modding her game . she thick af.

I was just glad my skills were transferable and get to see that ass in leggings for more than the hour alloted to gym.
>>
>>170477320
So how many porn mods
>>
>>170477694
missed oportunity. Oh man, i should install some without her noticing since she doesnt want to fiddle with the resources.
will post results if i make it happen
if there are sex mods on nexus and not some other unreadable third party site that hosts their files in fucking threads rather than doing dedicated pages.
>>
>>170477320
I want /lgbt/ to leave, my feeling are getting really really hurt right now.
>>
>>170478017
LL is where you're going to get the good framework, but the Skyrim nexus has more adult mods than the three Fallout nexuses combined.
>>
>>170476832
How/when/why did the GECK override that texture file, though? That doesn't happen to any of mine, the Arterton.nif file I got, the Hat block still uses the vanilla textures. Why don't you just reset the texture in NifSkope then save the nif?

textures\characters\hair\HairMessy01.dds
textures\characters\hair\HairMessy01_n.dds
textures\characters\hair\HairMessy01_hl.dds

Always make sure they are in that order, to avoid the saran-wrap plastic shine hair.
>>
Can somebody explain Bloodworms to me?

They do horrible damage.

The dust cloud they make is visible from orbit.

They ragdoll for five to ten seconds when they leave the ground.

They die instantly to peashooters.

There's hardly any of them, even in Dry Rock Gulch.

But everybody in Nuka World talks about them like they're some unstoppable apex predators.
>>
>>170478328
bf meant to be best friend
jesus
>>
>>170478484
Explain tunnelers
>>
>>170478458
No, no, the textures were the original ones. I manually replaced them to demonstrate what it looks like in game, and how it happens. The GECK replaces HairMessy01.dds with arterton.dds and so on.
>>
File: 25593069-1488844635.png (225KB, 1375x739px) Image search: [Google]
25593069-1488844635.png
225KB, 1375x739px
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/68420/?
Get fucking ready, /fog/.
>>
>>170476548
thanx! i think itd be neat to have more fanart of sole survivors and couriers. theyre all pretty cool looking.
>>170477320
>poly relationships
>>
File: 22536-0-1488996351.jpg (691KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
22536-0-1488996351.jpg
691KB, 2560x1440px
>>170478682
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22536/?
Separately, the RU556 got released.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-08+at+05.40.11).png (10KB, 465x289px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-08+at+05.40.11).png
10KB, 465x289px
>>170478612
Here, tired of loading the GECK, you can see it just fine in FNVEdit. You set texture paths manually. Doesn't really matter what shows up in nifskope, just makes it easier to work with.
>>
>>170478706
seee
>>170478565
>>
>>170478682
muh dick
>>
>>170478920
when you said her bf that meant boyfriend. thus meaning poly relationships.
>>
>>170479301
yeah my bad. i forgot my teenager slang
>>
>>170478682
Could be good.
>>
>>170478605

>They're going to be a slow death to the Mojave.
>Afraid of any and all light.

What's your point, though? Should the standard be that everything's inaccurate?
>>
Who is the best husbando ?
>>
>>170479497
Yes
>>
>>170478682
Looks more advanced than mine, glad I decided not to release mine.
>>
>>170479625

Cool, everything's making sense now.
>>
>>170477320
Yeah I've known several in my time. Of course at this point they'd all be in their 30s now.

>>170478849
Yes, there is no reason for the game to override that, though. Every other hair is the same way with only the one texture listed for it's game entry. The only thing I can think of is maybe the EGM file is wonky, how did you create it? I mentioned an idea of forcing a Hat-only egm via an edited NIF in the Conformulator, that might've caused some wierd issue.
>>
>>170478682
You know, I'd like to see arms like this added as Automatron parts, so we could give robot companions regular guns. Probably really more difficult than that but it would be neat I think.
>>
so whats /fog/s concensus on augmentations/implants?

are they lore breaking or very lorefriendly? should they have more of an half as much impact as deus ex? should they be removed completely?
>>
>>170481546
See:
>>170477241
The EGM is just fine. Only one texture can be used by a hairstyle. The one texture in this case doesn't "fit" when it's applied.
>>
>>170482141
lore friendly since they were included in half the games
>wired reflexes
>Big MT parts
>cornflakes institute parts
>>
>>170482141
I think they have a place in the FO universe, it's not like that idea is foreign. Shouldn't be all over the place, though, and should keep the retro-atomic aesthetic as much as possible.
>>
>>170476081
Literally the only Fallout fanart I've ever seen that I liked
>>
>>170478839
Goddamnit it's statistically inferior to all the other weapons I've modded in that fit that niche.

How do you edit weapon damage values? I think I might need to bump this up a bit to make it viable compared to my AKs.
>>
I would have been okay with the SHAUN subplot if Shaun had been a girl.
>>
>>170482818
With all the mods out there that do shit like turn Cicero, Preston Garvey, etc, into women, why is there nothing for Shaun?
>>
I'm virtually depressed over Nuka world having all the uninspired trash gear and lack of cool uniques.
Is there a mod that can make up for it. I want cool stuff.
>>
File: ModList.png (80KB, 596x1170px) Image search: [Google]
ModList.png
80KB, 596x1170px
>beat game
>install a bunch of mods
>disable some
>launch game
>UI is invisible
Anyone know how to fix this? I think it's because I disabled DarnUI but I have UIO so that should fix it, but it hasn't
>>
>>170482946
What would be the reason/point?

Its either a pedo thing or a feminist thing, ironic isn't it?
>>
>>170483107
reset your INIs
>>
>>170483107
Fallout new vegas by the way, if it isn't clear
>>
>>170483157
>What would be the reason/point?

I'd find it easier to care about Shaun that way. It's a daughteru thing you know?
>>
>>170483226
Sons have more value than daughters
>>
>>170483226
>not using start me up
You have only your self to blame, not to mention they would have to change shauns old person model too. And revoice all the dialogue for him.
>>
>>170483107
>Just merge my mods up.esp
>JUST.esp
>ANUTHA WAN.esp
>MergeSimpson.esp
I wish to be friends with you

also make sure you run FVOLODgen if you plan on continue using Vurts mod since his trees dont have LOD data. He does something fucked up that will make NVAC go haywire and most likely crash (It was a guaranteed crash at the ncr prison)
>>
Why do people add like 3000 mods and crash the game. I'm really into modding and manage to only have 5-10 active at a time at most
>>
>>170483181
How do I do this? All google is coming up with is steam discussions about read-only INIs
>>
>>170483563
Obsessions.

>>170483703
Just delete them and launch the game, it'll recreate them with the defaults.
>>
>>170483226
no raisin needed.
>>
>>170483389
Do realize that that never stopped anyone before.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11520/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11249/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19595/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11492/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8214/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8159/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18809/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11462/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11217/?
Like, never.
>>
>>170483317
then why was I more attached to Emily than Shaun?
>>
File: 1465852642472.jpg (232KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1465852642472.jpg
232KB, 1500x1125px
>>170483563
>5-10 active mods
>complaining people have "3000 mods" when theres a limit of like 250

Hi Todd, the answer is because your game is shitty and we need mods to fix it.

K thx
>>
>>170483389
You act like that is particularly complicated.
>>
>>170483829
Its a thing i see in all bethesda games people push past the mod limit then cry "muh gaem is broken ;_;"
If you are THAT into modding just make your own single mod.
>>
File: justGECKmyshitupfam.png (2KB, 595x48px) Image search: [Google]
justGECKmyshitupfam.png
2KB, 595x48px
>>
File: 1445868619418.gif (875KB, 178x195px) Image search: [Google]
1445868619418.gif
875KB, 178x195px
>>170483782
>the voice
Some things are better off not being done

>>170483947
Most of the mods are horrible though because they don't re-voice the actor, they just change the pitch
>>
>>170483563
how do you have fun with 10 to 15 mods?
if it is for new vegas
thats not even half the fixes unless each of your mods is a merge mod and you are merging random shit together.

if it is for FO4
then yeah, the modding scene was DOA and i have nothing to say.
>>
Whats the best power armour mod to date. In terms of design and effort?
>>
>>170484036
>said nobody who has spend more than a week modding ever.
it s okay if you are starting, just dont judge us.

>>170484057
What in the goddamn?

I am really curious about your list and load order.
>>
File: notenoughmods.png (2KB, 583x36px) Image search: [Google]
notenoughmods.png
2KB, 583x36px
>>170484057
Why are so few activated?
>>
>>170484314
When I play I usually fix females first by adding a body mod and face mod. Then i've added a shader to give the game more realism at least in new vegas.
Then I just add good custom items people make.
Don't really like modding the gameplay of bethesda games.
I also make my own simple custom mods.
>>
>>170484473
I've been modding since Oblivion young wipper snapper!
>>
>>170476081
This actually looks really cool. Who's the artist?
>>
>>170484959
my apologies then. I just like to "overhaul" the shit of my game. If i could make better merge patches, i would. It s not like a choice to overload my load order.
>>
>>170484959
>started with oblivion
>calling someone else young
>>
>>170478484
I think they fucked up when setting up their stats. like their base race hp was set to 0 when it should have been like 50. I ended up buffing their health a bunch and added them to the mole rat level list. now they show up all over the commonwealth.
>>
why was fallout 4 so disappointing?
>>
>>170485097
For bethesda games. I made my first mod in the 90s for another game. I also turned Half life 2 into a 3rd person stealth game.
>>
>>170485213
Fuck off nma
>>
>>170485213
I love it. The problems are two much settlement bullshit. They should have scaled it back to one settlement per map.
Then the dlc oh boy the previous Bethesda games these were the icing on the cake. While FH was ok not perfect NW was wtf sad! tier.
Fallout 4 has no icing on the cake.
>>
>>170485213
Same reason every TF2 update's disappointing. All the hype was built up for the second coming of Christ in the form of muh game and we got something typical of its development studio.
>>
>>170485420
nma?
>>170485624
I was considering buying the Season Pass during the last sale on Steam, but it didn't list all the DLCs.
>>
>>170476875
The only girl I know who plays game's is actually pretty cool. She's really skinny, wears black all the time (but in a classy way), has a great personality, plays guitar fairly well, and plays cooler more underground games than I do. Every now and then we fool around alittle but I don't think either of us want a serious relationship out of it. Mostly cause were afraid well ruin our friendship. Mfw the only gamer girl I know could probably kick my ass at almost any videogame lmao
>>
File: F4LoadOrderfinal.png (218KB, 1263x1665px) Image search: [Google]
F4LoadOrderfinal.png
218KB, 1263x1665px
>>170484473
pic related

>>170484756
a lot of old ass mods that are out of date, this is after having gone through and deleted obsolete versions of mods
>>
>>170485805
No mutants allowed. Fuck those autists. The first time i ever got banned from a forum was because of those guys because I dared to say F3 might be good. They had a gigantic tantrum and reported me to Bethesda who banned me.
>>
>>170485213
The way I see it Fallout 4 made a terrific template for the next game, assuming it uses the same engine. Like I even have to assume that. But I rather enjoyed fallout 4 the first time I played it.
>>
>>170486389
I hope they have a dedicated team to get rid of all the bugs.
>>
>>170486295
That's part of the reason my list is so big as well, but I still find myself needing to merge mods...

>>170485213
You expected an RPG, and so did Bethesda.
>>
>>170486295
Bashed patches when?
>>
>>170486512
>Bethesda
>Fixing bugs
Hahahahahahahaha
>>
I don't know why people bitch about fallout 4 because they really nailed the original aesthetic in this one. All the objects in the game look like 3d versions of Fallout sprites and objects.
>>
>>170486670
They usually fix them days after release. Most bugs on day one are more funny than anoying
>>
>>170486739
>All the objects in the game look like 3d versions of Fallout sprites and objects
>except the combat and leather armors
>and the laser and plasma weapons
>>
File: Fallout4-2016-09-21-23-33-36-37.jpg (714KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4-2016-09-21-23-33-36-37.jpg
714KB, 1280x800px
>>170440668
Nice hood
>>
>>170486993
>They have updated designs
but for instance stuff in the workshop looks like isometric game assets. The general use of textures, modeling and lighting resembles the original games.
>>
>>170486797
https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Fallout%204%20Patch%20Version%20History.html
>The Diamond City Dialogue quest had a property erroneously pointing to a piece of plywood that should have been pointing to a quest.
I just find that one funny.
>>
>>170486387
F3 is good.
>>
File: 20170306130730_1.jpg (421KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170306130730_1.jpg
421KB, 1360x768px
>>170487225
Thanks, it's just The Rebel hood with one of the alternate textures.
>>
>Want to find or make a radio mod like the Mysterious Broadcast
>Of course need more than just those songs
>Look
>Literally all of the instrumental tracks are from APM
>>
File: fo4_linux_wine23_staging.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fo4_linux_wine23_staging.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
Here is Fallout 4 running on Wine 2.3 staging (I can't go in-game yet). An improvement from 2.1 staging, which only showed black textures on models.

Not sure how tree normal maps ended up on a laser musket, but I like it.
>>
>>170440909
I want that damn armor mod...
>>
>>170479628
too bad that synth arm replacer won't be for new vegas anytime soon.
>>
File: IMG_6781.jpg (693KB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6781.jpg
693KB, 1536x2044px
Why do folks hate the pipe weapons so much? In almost all criticisms I read of f4 they always dread the existance of them.
>>
>>170489837
>the state of gaming on loonix
>>
>>170490447
because thy're fucking EVERYWHERE
>>
>>170490447
The basic texture's make them look pretty hideous, though that's easily solved with a texture replacer. The bigger problem though is that it's the default weaponry for most enemies for quite a while, and they're not very interesting/exciting to look at or use.

It makes "getting a real gun" feel a bit better, but overall it just makes the early game really unsatisfying.
>>
>>170489760
So far I've found Slow Sax on their page. The cool old guy that did like half the tracks is listed on their site, but none of his music seems to be.
>>
>>170490447
i wish they looked more handmade. as it is their regularity and uniformity seems off putting. also they should show signs of what people mad them out of. like a pot handle on the magazine to show that someone made it out of stuff they found in the kitchen. ALSO you should be able to put pipe weapon stuff on other guns to make them pipe guns as their condition deteriorates. that would have made for a cool game mechanic.
>>
Anyone got any tips for doing a melee & unarmed build in New Vegas?
>>
>>170491287
get the unique perks from the khans, lucius, veronica and ranger andy
>>
>>170491287
Seconding, I'm trying it for the first time and struggling with the running at enemies as they're shooting at you bit.
>>
File: X699AvO.jpg (243KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
X699AvO.jpg
243KB, 500x667px
Should I go guns or energy weapons for my first JSawyer Ultimate playthrough?

I figured I’d put of the slightly more tricky builds like melee or explosives until I understand the changes better but now I can’t decide between the two. I’ve typically found guns a little more fun but then again I haven’t done a real energy weapons playthrough since a ways back on a console…
>>
>>170491485
Try energy weapons with EVE.
>>
>>170483739
Sorry but which INIs do I delete? I only deleted Fallout_default.ini and it didn't work
>>
>>170491660
fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini
Your name>My Documents>My Games>New Vegas
>>
>>170491660
fallout prefs and fallout

in the my documents my games falloutnv folder

might need to make sure they arent read only
>>
>>170476081
>energy weapons in New Vegas
>small guns in 3
>>
>>170491287
is this stealth melee/unarmed or open combat? cuz both are different. there's a couple mods out there that add good unarmed/melee perks, i have way of the wasteland warrior. i haven't used it for long but it sounded neat.
loot everything and get the melee weapon you want asap. im still saving up to get a katana.
stick with the legion long enough to get their unarmed perk.
>>
>>170491765
>>170491795
Just deleted them, still not working. I'll restore my backup to make sure they're not read only but what should I do if it still doesn't work?
>>
Oh god here come the swarm of new vegas fags

>>>/nma/

Nobody likes your third world, onbred, incan-shit-eating, homo-cowboy, dog penis excuse for a fallout game
>>
>>170491041
I can see that. The fact that the receivers are mostly wood is what bugs me most. If the mesh was changed to metal with wood furniture they would look so much better.
>>
>>170490447

Because they have screws for triggers. I mean, what the fuck?
>>
Get out of the corner, please Cito.
>>
File: 1485807444306.jpg (80KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1485807444306.jpg
80KB, 800x733px
>can't find a decent mod that adds trees
>Resurrection adds that shitty green texture over literally everything
Am I just retarded or are tree mods few and far between?
>>
File: ScreenShot5.jpg (244KB, 1040x650px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot5.jpg
244KB, 1040x650px
>>170492156
Well i got it working, but now this is happening. It happened to me before with DarnUI but I can't remember how i fixed it.
>>
>>170493714
Reinstall all of your UI mods but in the correct order. I think. Either I'm blind or I'm not even seeing any other UI mods in your load order.
>>
>>170493967
All I have is UIO and Vanilla UI+, and UIO should take care of everything
>>
Painted ghouls have to be my least favourite kind of ghoul
>>
>>170494156
You have to reinstall UIO after any changes.
>>
>>170487990
It payed great respects to the original games in my opinion. Especially Harolds quest. The fact that they made the twig that was growing out of his head cover him entirely and turn him into a living tree was just brilliant. People don't give that game near enough credit, and it's saddening more than infuriating. Most just took everyone elses word that it was shit just because people who hated Fo4 spreded that rumor
>>
>>170494260

They needed more clown wigs
>>
>>170489837
Maybe you should pay the game "tree fidy"
>>
>>170491287
Weapon Binding Rituals are fucking great.
>>
>>170494368
I reinstalled and my game is still freezing. This really makes no sense at all
>>
>>170490447
You find them in every safe, everytime. No matter the difficulty. They werent bad in every other regard though
>>
>46079 hours in
>haven't even left vault 111
Fucking plebshits
>>
>>170494593
>still
I thought your problem was that your UI was invisible.
>>
>>170494448
They'd be right up there with the clown zombies from L4D then.
nope.jpg
>>
>>170491287
How can anyone do this without getting extremely bored. Same with an explosives build. After a while you get tiired of all the loot in the game being scattered and unfindable at times
>>
>>170494710
It was, then somehow deleting my INIs or something magically made it appear, but then this happened
>>170493714
>>
>>170494448
Release when?
>>
>>170494448
It's impossible to not feel like a badass while holding a plasma caster
>>
>>170494848
Okay so I figured out how to get my game to actually launch without crashing:
Delete INIs
Delete Saves folder
Sort load order
Start
Now that it works I just have to figure out how to fix the other problem
>>
Are there any must have mods for Fallout 1 and 2? If so, how and where do I install them from?
>>
>>170494848
And that's frozen?
Reinstall all your UI mods, make sure to delete the files from UIO, then reinstall them. That includes stuff like MCM.
I'm still not seeing any of your UI mods other than MCM in that list though.

>>170495110
Fixt ("Fallout Fixt", first result on google) for 1 and Restoration Project for 2. http://www.killap.net/
They're .exe files, they install like that.
>>
>>170494936

I dunno

I have some of the issues out of the way but the weapon crashes occasionally when adding the different barrels. I also need to figure out how to change the receiver mesh when changing it out, not many weapons actually seem to do that in vanilla.

Also for some reason the game seems to think the Prong barrel is a "magazine" so that might be why it occasionally crashes the game.
>>
>>170495385
Thanks alot.
>>
>>170495385
It's not frozen, the game is totally normal and everything works other than that and the fact that I have no subtitles or crosshair.
I do have VUI+ installed but the .esp doesn't appear in my load order for some reason. Where are the UIO files, just under the mods section of the MO folder or are they in other folders too?
>>
>>170495385
So they're automatically integrated into the game as they finish downloading?
>>
>>170495428
That firing speed is way too fast
>>
>incan shit eating
>>>/pol/
>>
>>170494762
Just recently started an unarmed build, inspired by the FO4 Luckpuncher anon, and I've really been having fun with it. It's a little rough to start out but when you go beserker on a swarm of cazadors and punch them into mush, it feels great. Way more satisfying than sharpshooting.

Explosives are fun early on too, especially if you make a build where you're bad at them; I did a build basically roleplaying as a cute, sneaky lucky girl who is a kleptomanic that loves explosives. But she had shit STR and PER so she was horrible at it (using a mod where STR effects how good you can throw). Really fun for what I played of it (had to stop midway because mod troubles), but yeah using explosives is really problematic if you want to find unique placed loot around the game.
>>
>>170496047

That's the default gatling laser speed, I'm still trying to get the models working in harmony before I begin adjusting stats n whatnot.
>>
>>170495428
yo buff are there any sex mods yet
>>
>>170496375
Do you take psycho with the build cause I would

(Same guy)
>>
brb mans1ay3r just uploaded :3
>>
>>170497026

Yes
>>
>>170497416
Involving the Plasma Caster?
>>
>>170497140
Yeah sometimes, but I'm real big on Weapon Binding Rituals for my puncher build, a lot of fun. Basically when the haze all clears everything around is dead. Also I prefer playing FO in third person so it's a lot of fun (energy weapons are ok in third person but firearms are mixed with it).
>>
>>170497663
Sounds cool, I might consider this build one day. I almost always give my guy a beard blond hair glasses with four eyes, mod on Fo4, and have him wear dirty mechanic clothes. and i'm always a smoker.
>>
>>170490447
They are the equivalent of trash drops in other rpgs.
I made a good pistol from a legendary one was the only time I ever used them.
>>
File: 22502-8-1488868033.jpg (525KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
22502-8-1488868033.jpg
525KB, 1360x768px
>Checking Nexus
>See this

Kid looks like fucking Dopey from Snow White standing on another dorfs shoulders under a coat
>>
>come back to moding my females in game
>decide I want to have just one body for all to replace my different presets
>hit the override to all.
>every outfit has a different body preset
Literally wtf
>>
File: Ranger Ghost.jpg (58KB, 521x629px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger Ghost.jpg
58KB, 521x629px
What is it about Ranger Ghost that's so sexy?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61782/?
>>
>>170499587

She looks like a modded Morrowind Dunmer

Why is her face so gray
>>
>>170499856
That's how a real woman's skin tone looks like.
>>
>>170496023
No, you have to run the .exe files. They're installers.

>>170495786
Crosshair is because you've got the crosshair mod. You have to make that file and stick it in the UIO folders. And the UIO files are in the overwrite folder.
>>
>>170499856
You've never played around with the face sliders in the GECK? At a certain lightness it's almost impossible to not have it look oddly gray. And then all that bloom. Can you turn off the bloom in the GECK's preview? Figure I have to do it through the normal .ini files, using MO so I don't touch those.
>>
>>170499992

Maybe for Ashlanders
>>
>>170499856
She's canonically an Albino. Which is ironic because Albinos have poor eyesight.
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-04-13 04-29-28-94.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-04-13 04-29-28-94.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>170500490

Oh. I wonder if Albino-ism is a lot more common in the wasteland.

I wonder why there arent any albino super mutants?
>>
>>170500775
>Absence of melanin causes the mutants skin to evolve differently
>Their skin is transparent and they can camouflage
>Nightkin without stealthboys
>>
What do you think a Super mutant would do if it encountered a lost child?

West Coast vs East Coast
>>
>>170501385

West coast muties would probably eat a lost child.
East coast muties would probably eat a lost child.
All muties are subhuman and should be purged wherever encountered.
>>
>>170501385
East: Eat them
West: Eat them
>>
>>170502042
>>170502139
I bet you killed Marcus, too.
>>
>>170501063
Would that it were so easy.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150611-the-top-10-see-through-animals
>>
File: 20170203142657_1.jpg (341KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170203142657_1.jpg
341KB, 2560x1440px
>>170446049
inb4 snake
>>
>>170502682
He's too green, it's an affront to my senses.
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-09-19 09-01-21-42.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-09-19 09-01-21-42.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>170502763

Brother?
>>
y wont she die
I just want to kill her and do all the cappy stuff for myself.
>>
>>170500775
Damn, that's a cool idea
>>
>>170446049

This is my survival Nate (is actually called Peter).
He just became the leader of the institute.
>>
File: jesus-1561637_960_720.png (624KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-1561637_960_720.png
624KB, 576x720px
>a church were you can worship whatever you want

Why was Bethesda so afraid to admit that most people would be Christian? Obsidian wasn't
>>
>>170503676
>Obsidian
>Most predominant Christian (a Morman) is a spiteful and vengeful person, the other a pacifist who is considered a sidecharacter compared to the former
>Bethesda
>Christian church in Rivet City, Christian missionary in Point Lookout, James and LW's mother at least aware of the verses
I don't think there's any references to Christianity in FO4, but I think post-war it's just really obscure or minimal due to, you know, the whole Great War ruining people's faith.
>>
File: enb2017_2_21_0_29_8.jpg (120KB, 1175x160px) Image search: [Google]
enb2017_2_21_0_29_8.jpg
120KB, 1175x160px
>>170503676
>>170504667
>>
>>170504667

If any the end of the world would make religion skyrocket. Religions like Christianity thrive in places were life is horrible
>>
>>170504971
Perhaps. One could argue in favor of having faith if they survived the Great War, but I feel like those touched by the war and saw all the massive loss that it caused would have cursed or given up their faith. Suppose it'd be reasonable to see it passed on through the Vaults to some degree, but I feel like Ghouls and other wastelanders would have either lost their faith or have zero attachment, so finding a bible 50, 100, or 200 years later would just make it another piece of paper to them.

Hard to get in the mindset of how faith and religion would or wouldn't continue in the FO universe.
>>
>>170505219

You could argue that life in the middle ages was worse than post-war life
>>
>>170505274
Well, post-post-(post?)war America seen in the Fallout universe is a bit in the fantasy realm when considering how literally shit things would be if things were as stagnant as Bethesda and Obsidian sort of portray it to be. Birthing and health care would be in the literal shitter, same with hygiene, similar to the Middle Ages.
>>
>>170440668
The silver shell outfit with patrol man glasses is all I will ever need.
>>
File: 20170107004517_1.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170107004517_1.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
>>170505916
>silver shell outfit
Heh.
>>
Been working on a nuka world npc overhaul along with a raidable settlements overhaul.

I absolutely hated the armor design for nuka world npcs, so so far I've changed the disciples to use regular raider clothing, and the operators to use the tirggermen clothing(the females wear sequin dresses the males wear suits and fedoras)

Going to do a bit more fine-tuning of the disciples. I need more ideas to make them look unique but more commonwealth raiderish.

The pack I might leave alone because I hate them anyways and end up killing them.
>>
>>170503451
Does he have to take a shit really bad
>>
File: witcher_3_face.jpg (113KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
witcher_3_face.jpg
113KB, 1000x625px
I want to be a post apocalyptic witcher. I kill muties for money
>>
File: 377160_20170308234457_1.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170308234457_1.png
2MB, 1600x900px
So, do ghouls not need to be exposed to FEV when they're human to become ghouls? Or am I just misremembering? There's a bunch of ghouls inside of a sealed chinese sub. That's also full of american items like stealth boys and nuka cola.
>>
>>170506810
Just don't think about it. Bethesda didn't.
>>
>>170503676
Except FO3 has more Christian references than New Vegas does, and Rivet City has the only depicted Christian chapel in the 3D games.

>>170504971
Why would a post-apocalyptic world trust and believe in religions from the world that destroyed itself? There wouldn't be any way organized Christianity (or any religion) would survive as-is for 200 years after, except in small communities; and at that point it would be just as much cultural tradition as it would be belief.

>>170505274
You'd have to be historically ignorant to really argue that fact. In some places there is technology that makes life better in certain areas, but for the most part humans have no stability in the food chain. A medieval peasant was top of the food chain by his day, unless you lived on the extreme hinterlands (and even then humans were on top).

The Wasteland is completely different. Man is no longer than apex predator. Hell even a Goodsprings settler could get killed by a pack of weak animals just outside their town. Civilization is sporadic at best, and while the civilized parts might have advanced technology, all-around the sporadic influence of civilization is weak in the post-apocalyptic world than it was in medieval times.
>>
>>170506858
>>170506810
Ghouls are not made by FEV. Harold is not a ghoul. At best (regarding FEV), that weak airborne FEV that everyone in the wasteland supposedly has, might affect ghoulification, but in general it's always been a side-effect of radiation, and had nothing to do with FEV.
>>
>>170506810
I don't think FEV has ever been a thing with ghouls.
>>
Are there anymore updates for fo4? Thinking of starting it back up with mods.

Also is it recommended to run fo4 on SSD or HDD?
>>
>>170506810
>>170506858
It's not even just Bethesda, even Tim Cain believed in it only being the result of radiation, whereas the other ChrisT said it involved FEV and radiation. Avellone went from thinking it needed FEV and then recanting on that.

Like >>170507031 said, there are a lot of non-FEV Ghouls in all the games.
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-06-07 00-22-46-99.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-06-07 00-22-46-99.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>170506731

That's basically any FO character

Except throw in Gunners and Raiders. I think there should be more rewards for killing things like deathclaws though, and would have made more sense for radiant quests to go track down a deathclaw than some feral ghouls.

Even Shaun talks about how he sees monsters in the distance when he's at a settlement
>>
>Walking the wastes all day long, fighting off ghouls and mutant insects
>Happen across abandoned building with its door unboarded
>Been nearly a full day since finding food and clean water, and since resting my feet
>Carefully enter the building
>Air is thick with dust and balls of lint
>A jukebox stands intact just inside the door
>I brush off a layer of dust and press it on--the brightness of the lights catching me off guard in the dusty darkness
>An old folk song about love echoes through the silence
>I take away from the jukebox and head to the kitchen
>Once in the next room, I scour the refrigerator, finding a warm sarsaparilla
>The kitchen table nearby slightly covers a skeleton picked clean over the years
>I look away quickly and return to my seat, savoring the crisp, sugary taste and careful music as I rest
>Shuffling upstairs catches my ear
>Quickly drawing my revolver, I slowly start for the second story to a closed door where the sounds escape from behind
>Pistol at the ready, I slowly twist the handle before bursting the door open
>Immediately a giant cockroach scuttles at me from inside, it's oversized mandibles glistening and flexing as it's antenna wave frantically
>I shudder and unload a round into its mouth
>I crush its body after to be sure it's dead
>Should've used something besides my only good shoes
>I notice a footlocker at the foot of the bed in the room
>It's locked, but I quickly jig it open
>Inside there lies some small toys, a teddy bear and a collection of children's books and crude drawings of a small family
>A few of the screws in a toy car look salvageable, so I take the car and look away from the rest before taking any more time to think about it
>I return back downstairs to the table where I left my drink
>Without sitting down I take a sip, pocket the cap, and abandon a few mouthfuls in the bottle before heading to the exit
>The song fades
>I look at the jukebox a moment before turning it off, and returning to the wastes
>>
>>170507217
is that godzilla
>>
File: Fallout4_2017_03_09_09_35_25_396.jpg (798KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017_03_09_09_35_25_396.jpg
798KB, 1920x1080px
>>170507231
>you can't roleplay in FO4
>>
>>170506618
of course!
He only eats meat and meat based soups.
>>
File: 20160622010458_1.jpg (240KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160622010458_1.jpg
240KB, 2560x1440px
>>170507231
>pocket the cap
>two weeks later, sleeping in your bed in your fortified base, turrets all around
>pic related
>>
>>170507570
I wish there were more ways to interact with Dogmeat and the world in general, both NPCs and random objects. Even if it was just reusing animations, being able to initiate them would be nice.
>>
File: 1487266328104.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487266328104.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>170507076
A-anyone?
>>
>>170507231
That made me nostalgic for my FO3 days. That one little suburban town with the traps and all the still-standing houses full of dust and memories.

>>170507718
That son-of-a-bitch.
>>
I've spent so long in Vault 88 tweaking it and working on it that I'm starting to get weird Metro flashbacks.

I spent so long sealing off the two backdoor entrances behind those little vault gear doors and working on making my clean, happy little underground haven that going topside suddenly started filling me with trepidation when I remembered that outside the safe walls of the friendly little community I'd built was a world of unrelenting hostility and danger where monsters wait in every dark corner.

I can't believe after having played this game for so long it can still hit me on an emotional level.
>>
>>170507231
Please write more, "I find myself....Enthralled"
>>
>>170507570
>>170507718
Wrote this as I'm going through a new New Vegas play through, not Fallout 4! Didn't have room to specify, unfortunately.

>>170508039
Oh yeah, those were the days, and the exact feeling I was going for/had. I was writing about the building right above the Coyote Mines in New Vegas. Just got real comfy there and really felt in the game
>>
Been away for a while, did Grorious Modder Trainwiz ever finish the power armor thing he was doing?
>>
>>170508427
The fact that there was Sasparilla should have tipped them off, really.

But you can do something similar in Fallout 4.

The best way to roleplay is to never interact with anyone.

Maybe that's what Fallout 4 really needs.

A DUST style mod.
>>
>>170506910
>The Wasteland is completely different. Man is no longer than apex predator.
The theme for F4 is literally "dominant species"
>>
>>170508305
If I can get another moment of inspiration like that, I gladly will. And the way I've going at this game, I'm sure I'll get something else soon. I'll probably be lurking these fallout threads the rest of the week. I'm enjoying the nostalgia hardcore.
>>
File: 20170308184951_1.jpg (611KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170308184951_1.jpg
611KB, 1920x1080px
So why was Clarke feeding the ghouls if they don't need food to live
>>
>>170508803
Different writers that don't tell each other anything

I was really hoping at the end of that quest the fucking kid would announce it was all a prank, but then he didn't
>>
>>170508617
Yeah, you know, the whole atmosphere of the games is that "Lone Wanderer" feeling. So whenever that feeling really hits you in the game, it takes ahold of you. It's why these are my favorite games. The old ones may not look the best, but they had an atmosphere that you can just completely lose yourself in. And that's rare in games anymore.
>>
>>170508803
not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls
>>
>>170507718
Lmfao this killed me
>>
>>170508039
>>170507231

The most immersed I ever felt in a Fallout game, admittedly like almost everyone else, I began with FO3 and didn't know much about the series: I went to Megaton but didn't defuse the bomb, and didn't get a free home early on. I cleared out the Super-Duper Mart, and used it as my home. I'd go back there every night for shelter for like 2 in game weeks or more. I picked that shit clean of everything, too. Living in that abandoned super-market with only a protectron to keep me company was the most immersed I've felt in a Bethesda game.

I felt a little more immersed in New Vegas but nothing in it ever came close to that feeling. I guess its because of all the endless supply of Fiends. I felt a little immersed in the Gomorrah, briefly, I guess. It felt like an actual pre-war place (during actual pre-war times I mean)

I don't remember ever feeling immersed in FO4, mainly because of my suspension of disbelief being shattered on the SS being able to build a concrete bunker or Vault with his bare hands.
>>
>>170506810
I think both it shows the FEV reached further than America. Supposedly I read somewhere China is completely ghoulified.
The nuka cola stuff is just showing how widespread the consumer market was for American stuff. Even the Chinese had it.
>>
>>170507993
It's a video game that uses resources that it loads. If you've got an SSD, use it. If you use MO2, make sure to read the extra steps for getting it to work when you've got the game installed on a separate drive.

And we just don't know.
No more DLC though. Bug fixes, who knows.
>>
>no more story dlc for a big successful game
Makes you wonder
>>
File: NCR waster trooper.jpg (2MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
NCR waster trooper.jpg
2MB, 3000x1688px
>>170508039
Man the Capital Wasteland was one of the first video game settings I truly fell in love with, the Mojave and Commonwealth have found their places in my heart as well, but there's nothing quite like a first love.

I'd never experienced a game world like that and I truly did fall in love with the rubble, the broken buildings and the dusty old roads. As an impressionable kiddie years ago it really did feel like a whole world of amazing wonder had opened up for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnbPGqEqTIQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTY9JimeXuw
>>
>>170509017
What are those robot legs?
>>
>>170509325
>>170509408
Man, 3 and New Vegas really spoiled us. 4 Had Far Harbor, which was pretty good, and Nuka World was just eh, then you have Automatron which was alright, then a bunch of workshop stuff. Never was a fan of the crafting
>>
File: Giddy killbot.webm (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Giddy killbot.webm
2MB, 1280x800px
>>170509501

Assaultron hydraulic or something

I think its the next to last on the tier
>>
Hey can anyone tell me who this is, or post more pictures by this guy? I rememebr seeing a really good one of a vista overlooking a road in New Vegas but I can't find it now.
>>
>>170509501
Looks like assaultron legs with the highest tier plating
>>
>>170508803

Well even if they don't need to eat maybe they still enjoy eating because of remaining human instincts, he said he was feeding them to keep them from attacking the base.

Or you know, Bethesda are hacks, both work.
>>
>>170509408
As far as they're concerned they released as much DLC as they did for Skyrim, two landmasses, one minor story, and some shit everyone regrets buying
People act like they expected more because what we got sucked, but that's just normal. Nothing related to Fallout 3 or 4 showed as much detail or time investment as TES receives.
>>
>>170509017
>>170509017
I'll never forget leaving the vault for the first time and staring into the massive expanse of wastes, not knowing just how much this game was going to suck me in.
I remember going to the school with all the raiders right by the town just outside the vault. Being scared shitless everytime I'd see red on my compass, and crouching corners hoping the raiders wouldn't see me. Seeing all the mutilated corpses and blood and destruction, I never really played any game like that before, except for some resident evil when I was younger, and it creeped me out and made me nervous to explore. But then I'd keep going, and fight all the raiders and listen to their fucked up conversations and then grabbing all their loot and weapons before heading to megaton.
It was there I knew I was going to worship this game series.

But yeah, when it came to fallout 4, the ambience was there at times, but with the bright, intense graphics and constant interactions with people, it never really felt like a wasteland and I never really got pulled in like I did. Not that there weren't times when I was immersed, like when I'd besiege a base of mutants at night with my sniper rifle from a distance. That was awesome fun for a while. But it was never the same.
>>
>>170509618
The most logical explanation is they have gone straight to the next game.
>>
>>170509625
>>170509684
Ow shit. I always used the sentry bot treads because assaultron legs looked too thin. Didn't know the armor'd do that. This is way better.
>>
>>170509625
>>170509017

Why are there so few Automatron mods, i need more.
>>
>>170440915
>This is not what's happening to the Synths. Codsworth and others, sure. Synths, not so much.
Codsworth spent 200 years trimming the dead hedges and none of that time sweeping the leaves from the inside of the house. I question if he, Curie, Miss Edna, Ada or KL-E-0 are truly aware because they could just be mimicking emotions through pre-programmed responses.
>>
>>170509781
Yeah, but that's TES. Not really as big a fan of those

>>170509786
The legs really help the thing get around indoors. Proportions still look silly as fuck with the sentry chest part but still fun watching this big fuck you sized robot bob and weaver towards people
>>
>>170440915
The Railroad synths are mind wiped and given someone else's identity too. It's their whole deal, Synths are exactly equal to humans and so it's no big deal to lie to them and fake their past if it makes them harder to catch.
>>
>>170509757
Skyrim and New vegas had the right amount of dlc. It was the quality and quantity that was higher so Skyrims two story dlc was as much if not more than NV four. Tbh for me NV dlc ranged from meh to great for different reasons but they all added to the universe.
Skyrims dlc were crazy large AAA expansions.
>>
>>170510068
Aren't synths sterile?
>>
File: Killatron.webm (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Killatron.webm
2MB, 1280x800px
>>170509786

Its still looks a little top heavy with the sentry torso

But this combo of robot parts I think is the most destructive. This robot killed an entire dungeon of Super mutants in a hospital while I was jetpacking through the holes in the floor to get what I needed, and I walked through the halls and they were littered with dead muties he killed all by himself.
>>
>>170509932
>Yeah, but that's TES. Not really as big a fan of those
I mean Fallout they have been quoted as saying they want to bring out future Fallouts quicker. If F4 made them a lot of money thatd be smart.
>>
>>170510156
Those shoulder mounted bomb launchers. I made the mistake of attaching the fatman nuke launchers to ada. Died in the first fight.
>>
File: Killatron killin stuff.webm (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Killatron killin stuff.webm
2MB, 1280x800px
>>170510156

And frenzy canisters are way better than you'd think, look at all the infighting he causes here
>>
>>170510068
>Synths are exactly equal to humans
>synths are mind wiped and given someone else's identity

sure thing bud
>>
>still traumatised over the shitty loot in Nuka
>no continuation of the Dunwhich borers plot even in Far Harbor...
>>
>>170509325
Will it bust my SSD faster though.

>Inb4 SSD memes

Also I've only ever used NMM before and there were some issues with denied permissions to my SSD, despite already trying to grant it permission.
>>
>>170510156
What are those guns exactly?
I had one with ah shit, no, I meant robobrain treads, not sentry, anyway, one with that and sentry torso, and two miniguns and the grenade launcher. Worked real well too.

>>170510304
Pft, that's just convenient there. I doubt there's often enough mob density to be worth it.
>>
>>170510204
Eh I hope so. I wish bethesda would go one way or another with their style though. Either go fullish RPG like the older days or just accept the Create-a-Character loot n' shoot experience and improve on that. In a perfect world Obsidian would get more cracks at the franchise on the side but they probably wouldn't for obvious reasons and I want another Vampire game first.
>>
>>170510320
One thing that annoyed me about far harbor is that I heard there was going to be some massive sea creature about as part of a quest, but it turned out to be just a rumor
>>
>>170508738
Please do man, that was sweet you should Give a trip name so we know it's you
>>
>>170510357
Just considering how SSDs work, yeah, using them will in fact shorten their lifespan. What are you using it for if not vidya?
>>
>>170509017
>>170509764
Now this is the kind of shit I like in a discussion
>>
>>170510609
Nothing else actually, only my OS is on it. I'm just paranoid that I'm breaking my stuff.
>>
>>170510735
Honestly that's why I haven't gotten one yet, paranoid about how much longer it has.
>>
>>170510381

Dual gatling lasers, 1 frenzy shoulder, 1 explosive shoulder

I, too, tried Fatmans. Dual fatmans. Result was the robot blowing itself up. And yeah Robobrain treads has shit for armor, I dunno why its so little compared to other leg options.

>>170510381

It actually is worth it, frenzy even one guy and all his teammates will temporarily focus on him

I tried even making a robot with 5 weapons, dual hands, shoulder launchers, and Assaultron beam / Robobrain eye beam thing. Those both reduce the range a lot though.
>>
>>170510735
To add, my concern is actually if fo4 is one of those games that will kill the SSD faster than it should.
>>
>>170510649
Right? I could share experiences like this all day. It beats the hell out of shit posts and constant irony.
>>
>>170510837
not unless you create thousands of exit saves per day, no

modern SSDs will last longer than anything else in your computer, you have nothing to worry about
>>
>>170511106
Time to get the latest version and start modded revolver cowboy run then.
>>
>>170510502
How to you get a trip name? It's funny, I've been coming to this site for years, but never really looked into trips. I just always saw that some people used them.
>>
>>170510835
pc specs?
>>
File: Murdoch.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Murdoch.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>170509764
Tfw my first Fallout 3 playthrough is both lost forever because my old Xbox 360 is broken and didn't utilize an external hard drive and i'll never get to see my Megaton house that I spent hours hand placing special items like all those undersized garden gnomes and the giant teddy bear and all the unique items, weapons, and outfits from all the dlcs. When i'll never see the graves of Jerico and Charon that I made at the spots they died because back then I didn't even think to reload the saves because I wasn't used to being able to do that. It hurts so much. It's hard to come to the realization that I will never have that kind of joy I had as a teenager again.
>>
File: Robot Sweatshop.webm (3MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Robot Sweatshop.webm
3MB, 1280x800px
>>170511352

GTX 780
i5 Cpu
8 GB DDR3 ram

I use shadowboost and enboost for stable FPS at the cost of some shadows sometimes
>>
>>170511334
Name field. Put a name (or not works too) one or two # (two is more secure but there's a program that can generate trips with words for the type with only one) and then a password. Then just remember that.
>>
>>170511083
Anything else like the Super Duper mart home that you wanna share?
I would always go pack to visit bittercup and leave gifts at her home like fancylad snack cakes and teddy bears
>>
>>170511548
Do you mean actual # signs or numbers?

So would it be
>name##password

Or
>name12password
?

Probably dumb to ask, but I can dumb with stuff like this so I'd rather check to be sure.
>>
>>170508480
Still working on it.
>>
>>170511843
Oh, pound symbol, #. Should've been clearer.
>>
File: 20170309021839_1.jpg (473KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170309021839_1.jpg
473KB, 1920x1080px
>I wonder why this door's ajar.
I forgot about this. Raiders are getting sneaky.
>>
>>170443862
agreed, i love being swarmed by mobs at vanilla spawn points but adding in custom spawns of enemies sprinkled throughout the commonwealth

not to mention the custom companions, its definitely a must have for fo4
>>
>>170511846
>An actual modder appears
>>
>>170511689
Yeah, but I think I'm gonna make sure I know how to tripfag right and then probably fall asleep, I've got some shit I gotta do irl tomorrow afternoon. But I'll be back tomorrow and I'll be ready to share plenty of memories. I did put 1,200+ hours into just Fallout 3 alone.

And speaking of my 1,200 hours, man I feel ya here >>170511452. I had three playthroughs in Fallout 3 on my first ever 360 that all had 300 and some hours on them each. My Xbox soon red ringed, and when I bought a new one, I bought the elite which didn't use the same style hard-drive. I didn't know at the time that you could get a cable to transfer the data over hard drives, so I ended up wiping all the data and traded in the hard-drive.
Still one of my biggest regrets, at least concerning video games. F3 was a big part of my childhood, as lame as that is.
>>
>>170512104
>FIGHT >BAG
>PIP-BOY >RUN
>>
File: 20170305143514_3.jpg (338KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170305143514_3.jpg
338KB, 1600x900px
>>170446049

mentat/alcohol addicted xenophobic cancer Nate is best Nate.
>>
>>170512225
Wut
>>
>>170511868
It's cool. Testing it out now.
>>
>>170512357
>>170511868
>>170511548
Awesome, it totally worked. I'm gonna hit the sack (and then go to bed), but I'll be certainly be back tomorrow. Hopefully that pesky cesspool Megaton will be a smouldering crater by then, and my mood will be radiant!
>>
>>170512357
why is this fucking shit encouraged
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-08-30 10-52-21-17.jpg (943KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-08-30 10-52-21-17.jpg
943KB, 2560x1600px
>>170446049

I've stuck with this guy since day one

Think I should change anything?

I also briefly got a Protectron to work as a barber but then I never could get it to do the haircut again
>>
File: MoreSalvagers.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MoreSalvagers.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
I love the functionality of the Salvage Beacons mod, but the salvagers being spawned out of thin air, and not belonging to my settlements, is kind of annoying.

>>170512570
So people can easier block him. Why don't you start using a trip?
>>
>>170491287
Have fun
>>
>>170511926

custom companions? I thought custom companion mods are usually shit.
>>
>>170512212
Okay be sure that you do, would love to hear some.
>>
>>170512212
Nothing lame about that man, Fallout 3 will always have a special place in my heart. It saddens me when I see all the consistent hate for it all over here, that game truly changed my life
>>
>>170512639
Only the outfit, it just looks so bland to me
>>
>>170513546

Gotta be comfortable inside your Power armor man

I know Piper is
>>
>>170514235
>no socks
Her poor feet
>>
>>170514235
Just get in your power armor naked.
>>
Finally.. I found something interesting under water.
Just some random explosives but still.
>>
>>170514235
if only the textures on the ass matched the rest of the body. Looks gross.
>>
>>170514235
Does anyone else find the way Power armor opens and closes terrifying? All those pinch points and possibility of breaking a limb by it closing on it at the wrong angle.
>>
>>170514903
I certainly would be afraid of using one IRL.
>>
>>170514903
considering all the times that the ss broke all of their limbs while playing and be able to mend them with sleep or stims, its really not that scary
>>
>>170514903
i mostly find how with sneak 4 you can sneak right up to someone and stab them and they don't even see you quite dumb.
>>
>>170514235
I would've died if she turned around with tits on the armor
>>
>>170515619

X-01 chest is too THICC for even her tits to stick out
>>
>>170514903
>Does anyone else find the way Power armor opens and closes terrifying?
Well, I do now! Thanks a lot for that!
>>
>>170514903

>Fat guy with lots of arm fat gets into Power armor
>The arm pinches his arm fat rolls off
>>
>>170486739
But that's not true? I like the zany FO4 style they have going on, but the glimpses of Pre-War living #1/2 offer show a way more grounded world architecturally and mechanically
>>
>>170507031
>Harold is not a ghoul
Yes, he fucking was
>>
File: rip_settlers.jpg (878KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rip_settlers.jpg
878KB, 1920x1080px
>>170511926
That and I love the NPC Travel distance option.

I have mortal settlers and I saw large group of enemies heading towards my settlement. It didn't go well. It reminded me of STALKER.
>>
>>170512496
>RPing in a post
What a fag
>>
Why the fuck is killing paul pembroke just a chore?
I blamed that rick black kid's death on him but i cant seem to kill the loser without people going hostile. I have sneak 4 ffs
>>
>all those anon's talking about immersing in FO3
Aww, wish I had that experience; not being an easily hyped up child/pre-teen and having played the originals already, I spent most of my game time sighing and shaking my head in disbelief at what I deemed an absolute travesty
>>
>>170518208
By the time i got around to playing fallout 3 it wouldn't even run on my computer. it was a piss me off.
>>
>>170518273
That sucks, anon. Have you ever got around to it since?
>>
>>170513449
but to be fair, you weren't invested in the franchise already, so of course you wouldn't be disappointed by X, Y or Z as you had no in-series basis to judge them on. I think the game's "okay" nowadays, mostly as it's been too long for me to remain bitter, but I was largely like >>170518208 at launch.

Point Lookout was great, though.
>>
>>170518312
I bought it on steam last year when it was really cheap, but it was unplayable. I couldn't even get past megaton and the whole thing would freeze, after an hour of being pissed off i just got a refund.
I did the next best thing and read about the fo3 lore so i could know who people were talking about.
A friend mentioned TTW to me at the time, but i never looked into it due to being busy
>>
>>170519125
>>170518208
what did you like about Fallout 3?
>>
>>170518208

...This to be honest.

Holy shit have none of you faggots ever immersed yourself in fallout 1 first

>muh dad

>muh railroaded brotherhood of steel questlines

>not able to side with the enclave

Fallout New Vegas did everything Fallout 3 set out to do anyway
>>
>>170509845
As usual, it's Bethesda's fault. They have no idea how long 200 years is. For things like this (and the Ghoul submarine, Kid in a Fridge etc) you really gotta suspend your disbelief.

I always saw it a bit like the Talos stuff from Skyrim. If he's a false god, how come his shrine gives a bonus?

Likewise, if Codsworth is not human, what's with all the likes and dislikes? He behaves exactly like a human companion. Plus, his relationship speeches are clearly put him on that level imo.

Curie is literally pinochio, no doubt she's rather advanced too. Edna also seems to have developed her feelings alone. Ada was built, but she's got a damn good personality matrix. Not as advanced as the others (not a full companion with likes and dislikes etc), but stil..

KL-E-0 is the one that most fits in >>170440521's classification imo.

>>170510068
Is that stated somewhere? I just remember it being "a new identity". Doesn't have to be someone else's.
Also, it's still not the case for Institute synths.

And not everyone is in favor of mind wipe, plus its not obligatory or anything, just highly recommended.
>>
>>170519376
Nothing from the base game jumps out at me, honestly; I liked playing through The Pitt and I really enjoyed Point Lookout, pretty much due to them doing their own thing (and doing it alright) instead of regurgitating (not actual) Fallout tropes over a worldspace [Capital Wasteland] without a thought given as to "why"

They did a decent enough job with the core gameplay, I guess, though I'm glad it was refined into a gem by //that other studio//
>>
>>170512310
Is that Kellogg?
>>
>>170519376

Uh, Deathclaws? Which only works because it was my first fallout game, so, nothing.
>>
Playing a new Vegas unarmed run. Should I use heavy armor? Agility is nice but light armor just sucks ass and I get up and close and personal sooo

Also I'm pretty far into the main quest but my gear sucks ass :( At least I'm filthy rich though
>>
>>170521132
if you're not playing with any overhauls, then light is the most effective armor-type in the game
>>
>>170521182
Is that so? I'm playing vanilla since my mods are a little wonky right now but I never thought light armor would be useful.

Also, anybody else find the walking/running speed soo slow? I have "player.setav speedmult 120" becaus I have lots of agility yet it feels so slow
>>
>>170521282
Light armor in NV only becomes awesome with the right perks.
>>
>>170517679
Not since Fallout 2 when he became a unique mutant with a tree in his head.
>>
I'm playing through Nuka World for the first time and i'm finding it pretty hard to find the "good" path, the only thing i've found is a trader gave me a quest to just go and murder the raider leaders.

Is that really the only way to play a good character in this DLC? Just straight up walk up to the leaders and shoot them to the face? Because that sounds like the implemented the good character path almost as an afterthought. Not that i would be surprised if that was the case.
>>
>>170523610
Yep. You can become one of them, or kill them all. That's it for real choices in Nuka World.
>>
File: 1429507050966.png (57KB, 227x226px) Image search: [Google]
1429507050966.png
57KB, 227x226px
>>170523718

I'm not fucking surprised, just wanted to make sure before i outright butchered everyone. Thanks.
>>
>>170523610
You can do 'good' things in various zones of the park. Implementing feudalism in the Commonwealth is also a good thing, unless you're one of those progressive faggots that equates morality with how fondly your serfs regard you.
>>
>>170523778
Be sure to bring Garvey with you for extra brownie points for him.
>>
>>170511546
I never even thought about doing this. How much scrap does this generate?
>>
File: face.gif (89KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
face.gif
89KB, 256x256px
>>170509764
>I'll never forget leaving the vault for the first time and staring into the massive expanse of wastes, not knowing just how much this game was going to suck
same, anon
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-03-23 08-00-54-86.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-03-23 08-00-54-86.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>170524128

You need an uncapper mod first off because as soon as the workshop hits 50 items they stop producing shit. Its retarded, scrap 3 trees and your scavengers decide thats enough junk.

Its also not worth the hassle, but it looks neat having a room full of robot minions working away for you. You'll get like 150 steel and a lot of other misc crap every three days or so, but the cost of the bots themselves is a little high, especially when you build like 40+ of them.

You're better off making robots farm loads and loads of tatos, corn, and mutfruits to make asstons of adhesive, and using them to link all of your settlements as well
>>
File: 20170213083603_1.jpg (508KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170213083603_1.jpg
508KB, 1920x1080px
If I didn't walk into the Combat Zone that day, and if I didn't invite the brawler lass to travel with me, she would be dead right now. She wouldn't have had that someone who listened to her and cared about her to help her sober up, and the lifestyle she was leading only ends in death.

If I didn't do these things, I would be dead too, since she turned out to be a tough fighter and great protector.

We would both be dead without each other. What a premise for a relationship.

What's special about you and your waifu's relationship anon?
>>
>>170523610
What I thought helping out the raiders and raiding the Commonwealth was good.
>>
>>170525294
You're a bit of an off guy, anon
>>
>>170525294
>heels instead of practical footwear
>pink HUD
>waifu
Gross, tbqh
>>
Why doesn't gunners have their logo sprayed on the chest piece

It's clearly ingame as it's shown in a loading screen

Did they simply forget to add it in
>>
>>170523839

You're not wrong, but Raiders are garbage and about as evil as it gets, so they are not compatible with a goody two shoes character playthrough. Although from what little i saw from the 3 gangs before i brutally butchered all of them, i think in another playthrough i'll see if i can ally with the operators. At least, i assume it's possible to ally with a single gang and kick the other 2 out.
>>
File: 20170213083128_1.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170213083128_1.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>170525649
>not wearing a fancy dress to your wedding

>>170525585
I've been called worse
>>
>>170526478
>to your wedding
oh, if you were just dressing up for the occasion, then yh, I'll eat my words

that HUD is pretty rank, tho
>>
>>170526478
>Congratulations! Now, how about starting your new life with a great trip to this settlement that needs our help?
>>
File: 20170119175031_1.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170119175031_1.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
>>170526605
Armor while out on adventures, dresses for when I get home to a settlement.
pinks is a nice color

>>170526719
Preston went through the whole ceremony without interrupting. I was really proud of him. Immediately after he called me aside and mentioned a settlement but I appreciated the self control he showed to at least wait until the priest was done talking.
>>
>>170527025

>Preston violently shaking on his seat as he tries to stop himself from telling you that another settlement needs our help here i'll mark it on your map
>>
I don't suppose anyone knows why my fps keeps dropping from 60 to 20 every couple of seconds when controller is enabled?
>>
>max charge is more powerful, meaning charged, than overcharged MFC

what was the point in naming it "overcharged", then
>>
File: KwB4e[1].gif (62KB, 154x124px) Image search: [Google]
KwB4e[1].gif
62KB, 154x124px
>>170476632
Well, my set will be:
>T-51 with flame paint
>upgraded flamer
>upgraded shishkebab
>molotovs
>either the rocket launcher or fat man

That's a lot of pounds already, although currently I'm testing carrying around furious or two shot flamer and a kneecapper flamer on a late game character.

Also nice model.
>>
What are the best Fallout 1 and 2 mods?
>>
>>170528109
Thank you for triggering me and making me open xEdit to swap the names around.
>>
>>170528592
Fixt and Restoration Project, respectively; these are not only best, but also essential for first-time players and re-players alike

there's Fallout 1.5, but that's a fan project and as such, non-canon, but it's actually really fucking good
>>
>>170528683
I'm not a new player, and have played bot Fixt and Killap. I've seen 1.5, but never played it, because it's Czech, is the translation good?
Also there is a nice Russian mod called Fallout of Nevada, I'm just waiting for the English version.
>>
Are there any mods for 4 that let me see what I have in inventory at settlements without trucking my ass between them?
>>
Nyeheah there's the high roller.
>>
>>170528854
the translation was fine, honestly; it's well-well worth a play if you're feeling like having an isometric Fallout session

I've not heard of Fallout of Nevada, I'll Google it in a sec, but if it's isometric New Vegas, then I'm going to hhhnnnnnngg all over myself
>>
House or Yes Man?
>inb4 Yes Man goes full SHODAN
>>
>>170523778

>murder all the raiders
>can't do anything in nuka world

Well that was shit.
>>
>>170531197
House, he's the best hope for the Mojave, and the human race.
>above mortal things like greed & ego
>won't micromanage, lets everyone do their own thing (as long as they don't fuck with him)
>grand plans for saving humanity
>wants to go into motherfucking space
>will standardize things like medical care, possibly education
>is open-minded, would ally with the NCR & Legion if they weren't trying to kill him
>lets the NCR visit NV even after they are defeated
The best.

>but muh brotherhood of steal!
The Brotherhood is outdated and obsolete. They were born in a time where everyone was stupid as hell so they were justified, but now it's just common sense. They are no longer needed. Killing them all is a bit harsh though; would be better to simply evict them and exile them from the Mojave.
>>
File: wins.jpg (279KB, 1020x1680px) Image search: [Google]
wins.jpg
279KB, 1020x1680px
>>170531197
>>
>>170531962
I imagine House's fear stems from, once he's helped achieve said revitalized industry, the BoS would, for example, dirty bomb his enterprises ala NCRs gold reserves

and because they needed to have a harsh plot decision, no matter how railroaded, to hammer home how cold and calculating House is at heart and to not make him the "go-to" ending
>>
File: Yes Man = SHODAN.jpg (147KB, 423x522px) Image search: [Google]
Yes Man = SHODAN.jpg
147KB, 423x522px
>>170531962
>>170532359
Housefags plz go

>>170532589
The Brotherhood totally would, if they can't capture it. It's an honest fear, but still, he doesn't have to kill them.

The devs mentioned in the original build, you could ally with the BoS in the House questline, but this made House's path a little too perfect.
>>
>>170531962
>above mortal things like greed & ego
>ego
House is all about the ego, he just thinks he's above personal pride or hubris.
>>
File: ScreenShot66.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot66.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>170527025
What kind of armour/clothing combination is that ?

Looks neat, especially that rope on the back and visor.
>>
>>170510156
I wonder if an assaultron head laser would increase or decrease it's killing ability.
>>
>>170533179
Wait, ego isn't the same as pride?
>>
>THAT'S THE SOUND OF THE MEN WORKING ON THE
>CHAIN
>GA-AANNGG
>>
@170533341
kys
>>
File: 1487719111648.jpg (203KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1487719111648.jpg
203KB, 500x499px
>>170527025

>all that clipping
>>
>>170478839
Why do I have such a hard-on for this stupid fucking gun? Downloaded it as soon as I saw it for NV too.
>>
>>170516971
Profit?
>>
>>170518021
>Being this shallow
>>
Application load error 5:0000065434 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>170519125
I thought the choices and story really payed homage to the original stories quite well. After Fallout 3 came out, and before New Vegas came out, I went and bought the originals and played them and really liked them. I didn't feel as though Bethesda hurt the lore or anything like that. I'll never understand why people say there's no choice in that game. Every quest has many different choices for completion and they gave Harold a respectable end to his character that he deserved.
>>
>>170536054
tfw I will have to always play vanilla cuz of this bullshit
>>
>>170519376
I liked the story. I liked the choices you had to complete each quest. I liked the memorable lines and characters. I liked the integration of radio stations, and threeeeeeeeeeee dogggggggggggg. I liked the companions. I liked the music. It's just as good as New Vegas and the originals in my opinion. I don't pick favorites, and I don't think alot of people did until the Fallout 4 hate started sinking in and then people started unfairly comparing it to Fallout 3
>>
>>170519552
You are able to side with the Enclave though, but in the sense that you're a double agent.
>>
>>170519552
I always thought the dad was good motivation to go out and search the wasteland, it's not much different than, "muh Benny" to be honest.
>>
>>170520046
I thought Talos was a man who was made a God though, and only certain groups denounce him. He was such a big part of the game, i'm surprised didn't somehow integrate him into the game, possibly as him coming down from the heavens during a big battle in the war and helping the Stormcoaks. Missed opportunity man
>>
>>170509017
The moment in Fo3 for me was the scene in Megaton with Burke. I got the mission to arm the bomb, and instead told Simms. When Burke pulled a gun on the sheriff, I immediately went into VATS mode, and it was the first time it occurred to me to shoot a weapon out of someone's hand. Really opened up the game for me.
>>
>>170520046
>I always saw it a bit like the Talos stuff from Skyrim. If he's a false god, how come his shrine gives a bonus?
Because Talos being a false god is elven propaganda you retard.
That's the entire fucking non-Dragon related plot.
>>
>>170520046
I like to think that after so much loneliness Cods-worth's fixed AI just burned out and he began to develop his own opinions on things. I mean just look at how happy he was to see you again. 200 years with nothing to clean and noone to care for can do that to a robot that is built specifically for that type of thing
>>
>>170519376
Not them, but here's what I liked about it:
>prologue
>what regular non-social experiment vault life looks like (muh Tunnel Snakes)
>art design except standard & tesla Enclave armor, hellfire is cool tho
>world design, especially D.C.
>*some* cool companions (Fawkes, Sydney, Butch)
>gameplay, but NV vastly improves on it
>Fallout 2 tier story (pretty shit but gives you a reason to care)
>cool morality, can be ridiculously evil for no reason
I tend to give F3 some leeway, as it was my first Fallout game, so I nostalgiafag over it, but yeah it's pretty shit.

>HEY EVERYBODY DID THE NEWS GET AROUND ABOUT A GUY NAMED BUTCHER PETE!
>>
>>170525294
I'll never understand all the cait love. In real life this is what would happen with a junkie girlfriend. You would go out of your way to pay, or in this case fight, your way for her to get clean and she would keep going right back to her addiction. Only bribing you back with sex, which she probably gives to anyone who will give her a fix
>>
What mods should i use with start me up to minimize the "muh caring parent": shit? im starting a new nate playthrough

thanks /fog/
>>
>>170537604
Start Me Up should be all you need, it's pretty expansive and edits quite a bit of dialogue.
>>
>>170531810
Isn't the story "pick a group of raiders that you like the best. Kill opposing groups of raiders" though. So what's inherently evil about the regular playthrough
>>
>>170531810
You can do the same stuff as if you don't kill the Raiders
>>
I just redid the Kellogg's memory sequence and I guess I forgot how much Beth fucked this up.

When you're in the Vault section Kellogg talks about the "old man" told them to kill everyone in the Vault but you, saying something like "less losse ends".

But then when you're in his house in Diamond City he also refers to the "old man", saying that it was just another "loose end tied up".

So in his mind Shaun and Shaun's predecessor are the same person? wtf.
>>
>>170491482
Throwing weapona
>>
>>170537204
I really enjoyed seeing all the landmarks. And the fact that you can repair the lincoln memorial was always really cool
>>
>>170492164
Here's your (You)
>>
>>170500775
Al I is, is radiation induced, not by FEV.
>>
>>170504667
>the whole Great War ruining people's faith.
Adversity tends to increase faith.
>>
>>170538356
>holy shit how crazy would it be if we made your son 60 years old and then made your son a synth? and then he dies so you become guild leader oh wait this isn't Skyrim
>>
>>170538447
Yeah, that's cool as fuck, but it's honestly a novelty, and you can't build a story on novelties. That's the (main) problem with Bethesda; they focus on putting in cool yet pointless things they forget about the core elements, and it ends up being a bland uninspired mess witha few one-off jokes and encounters.
>>
>>170507570
>sasparilla
>>
>>170539084
I thought it was pretty neat. A bunch of former slaves want to set up base in the Lincoln memorial, because he was the great emancipator. Stories pretty good, from what I remember alot of the members give you their backstories and some of them are pretty heart wrenching
>>
Any waifus yet?
>>
>>170540038
any NV style C4 yet?
>>
>>170540674
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22444/?
>>
>>170483107
>MergeSimpson
lmao
>>
>>170536609

I mean like tell the brotherhood of steel to go fuck itself and official join the enclave anon

>>170536745

There is a critical difference though: you could do whatever you wanted with benny

Kill him.
Ignore him.
Save and befriend him.
Just kill everyone.
Have some other people kill him.
Assassinate him in his own casino.
Crucify him.

And the list goes on and on. There is no choice like that in fallout 3.
>>
>>170537129
I just talked to the Vault-Tec rep and he said he spent one year in the house with Codsworth, who was acting like nothing happened.

His merry ways drove the Rep crazy and he left.
>>
>>170538793

This really

Faith would be the only consistent thing many communities have left. Just look at what happened when the Roman Empire mostly collapsed and there was chaos for a good few centuries: Religion became more feverant than ever.
>>
>>170543687
If you turn out evil though Codsworth has an emotional breakdown and can't bring himself to be around you anymore.

I personally think he's a sapient being but his mind is built on fundamentally different principles than our own, so he functions in different ways and has different reactions to things.

I think he's an independent self aware being but I don't expect him to behave like a human.
>>
>>170543415
And have sex with him lol
>>
File: ScreenShot1.jpg (391KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot1.jpg
391KB, 1920x1200px
I feel a little boned. That's an instigating hunting rifle and my best single-shot.
>>
>>170544143
Thats what you get for using shit vanilla weapons.
>>
>>170544227
I'm also perkless :^)
>>
WE FOUND OUT
>>
What do you think is essential to a Fallout game's storyline?
>>
>>170544137

Actually, yeah! Thats what I loved about New Vegas: you could do whatever you wanted and the plot would modify accordingly
>>
>>170544472
I'd prefer that it takes place it the Fallout universe.
>>
>>170544472

Player Choice
>>
>>170544629
This.

And player made background and PC.
>>
>>170544472
Choices with ACTUAL consequences and the less defined the player character the better.

Also not having Emil Pagliarulo write them... and having Bethesda in general be involved as little a possible.
>>
>>170545758

DAMN.

That post more or less sums up every issues I had with fallout 3.

I haven't played fallout 4 so I have to ask: Is it at the very least equal to fallout 3 or does the voice acting make things worse?
>>
>>170545758

I hope Obsidian gets a shot at one day making a new fallout title
>>
>>170546947
even tho i do like obsidian hearing this over and over really gets annoying. i personally want arkane studios or klei entertainment.
>>
File: FO4 is shit.png (2MB, 2916x2682px) Image search: [Google]
FO4 is shit.png
2MB, 2916x2682px
>>170546580
From the bit I've played myself and all that I've heard it's actually much, much worse... Especially story and lore wise. Not that it'd COMPLETE shit, it have decent gunplay and FEW mildly redeeming traits but yeah... Beth needs new writers like the US needs a new president.
>>
File: 1485306523512.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1485306523512.gif
897KB, 800x430px
>>170548332
>like the US needs a new president.
me on the left
>>
>>170548332
>PA training
Which you didn't need in FO1 or 2, kek.
>>
>>170548907
It's almost like you aren't given it as part of the tutorial level.
>>
>>170546580
The voice actors did a good job imo, especially the female VA. But it kinda killed roleplay and speech/perk checks (there's not even Lady Killer checks), along with that stupid dialog wheel.
>>
>>170518208
>>170519552
Yeah, how come a real-time 3d game mainly in first person is more immersive than a turn-based isometric game? Must be dumb kids. I was one of those people talking about immersion of FO3, and I was in my late 20s when it came out, so just because you're slightly older than some millenials, doesn't mean your opinions are automatically valid.

Not that Fallout couldn't or didn't have immersion, as classic cRPGs were graphical adaptations of PnP RPG games, which were immersive as fuck through worldbuilding and imagination (the driving force of those type of games). But graphical cRPGs, especially turn-based, the interface and action resolution is a bit more interruptive of immersion than in PnP games. And real-time games, most action resolution is behind-the-scenes so it doesn't interrupt immersion (glitches and bugs are the main immersion killers in real-time games).

Fallout had it's moments though; frustration and sadness over Dogmeat (that part in the Dweller's memoirs always gets me), and the anger and betrayal at the end really stuck with me. I wasn't surprised when Amata pulled that shit in FO3, because I realized to be an official Vault-Tec Vault Overseer, you had to be a right buggery bastard.

>>170521132
Light armor, get perks like Travel Light, and then the one where you avoid critical hits while in light armor; as the biggest weakness in melee is getting shot by a lucky crit that staggers you, or getting your legs crippled (leaving you open to enemy fire). Soak up damage via chems and just RIP AND TEAR until the red haze wears off.
>>
What's the better game:
FO1 or FO2_
>>
>>170550389
>>
>>170550262
>Soak up damage via chems and just RIP AND TEAR until the red haze wears off.
What if I'm roleplaying as a Legionfag, chems are out of the question.
>>
>>170550503
Take chems like a good raider, but flagellate yourself afterwards, and no homosex for a week.
>>
Are there any mods that add or increase patrols on the roads?
The commonwealth feels so ded until the BoS arrive, and even then it's just them walking around and into static groups of enemies.
>>
>>170544472
Slight moral ambiguity.
>>
>>170550389
1 for story 2 for better characters and interaction with people in general
>>
>>170545758
>>170548332
Some of these statements are pretty weak but everyone is entitled to their opinion
Though it's annoying to see these screencaps because people will parrot these "arguments" without understanding that that may be wrong or misrepresented in the first place
(This is not only a problem with the fallout series similar shit happened with mgs and gta biohazard in this site)
Then when you call out some of this bullshit you are called a shill for going against the grain and not being indoctrinated in mindless shitposting

Might as well post the skinner screencap and that shitty why fo3 is shit video
>>
>>170544472
Answers to lore questions and raising more lore questions. Interacting with people from other states in the US that are visiting the one you're currently in. New factions that are interesting while bringing back previous important ones in atleast small ways. Always good to see atleast some small trace of the brotherhood and the Enclave
>>
>>170551262
Also multiple brands of raiders depending on which region of the map you're in. Both intelligent and unintelligent Super Mutants with interesting back stories
>>
Did anyone else stay permenantly in the Novac hotel room?
>>
File: 1485485733806.jpg (589KB, 1500x1850px) Image search: [Google]
1485485733806.jpg
589KB, 1500x1850px
>>170548332

>like the US needs a new president

Agree with everything you said besides this.
>>
>>170538793
this
thousands of cults and mystical philosophies sprung up during the collapse of rome
>>
>>170490447
The only good ones are legendary
Explosive Pipe Rifle is amazing for crippling shit and demolishing mobs. Plenty of ammo too. There's no point in garbage like Pipe Revolvers though,
>>
>>170550503
Weapon Binding Ritual isn't considered a chem so you can use that atleast. I'd say as a Legionaire, use throwing spears more for a range option, use cover for your approaches more. I still think speed and lighter armor would be better, but if your build isn't AGI-focused you might use heavy armor and see if you fare better with it.
>>
>>170552432

Oh yeah, kind of makes me wonder what doomsday cults popped uped in fallout. I guess you could argue the Unity was one such cult.
>>
>>170552769
Pipe weaponry is like raider armor
It acts like filler and to be used by npcs to add visual variety of enemies

Sure it can be used by the player but it's not really intended
>>
Anyone know how to tie weapons receivers to the weapon perk trees in the creation kit? I haven't seen a single tutorial on this.
>>
Since Nuka World is the supposed inferior of the two DLCs, should I play it first before playing Far Harbor? Save the best for last? I do like the FH is best with the inclusion of Nick, since it means I get to spend more time with him and get new dialogue.
>>
>>170548332
>ask why he built a robot duplicate of himself just to fuck with me
>there's no why
>ask the Institute why they created conscious life to water plants instead of just using a Mister Handy
>there's no why
this is some top kek
>>
File: 20160817184946_1.jpg (74KB, 258x312px) Image search: [Google]
20160817184946_1.jpg
74KB, 258x312px
>>170554039
Nuka World is much more repetitive and action-oriented and FAH HABAH is geared towards exploration and going through the map with a fine-toothed comb.

They're both decent in their own way, but FAH HABAH is a much more comfy and enjoyable experience whereas Nuka World is the dev team just saying "fuck it".
>>
Anyone use an ammo crafting mod they'd recommend? Preferably that uses existing workbenches because I won't have local leader for a while.
>>
>>170554395
From what I've seen of FH, it's constantly dark and difficult to see due to the ever present fog, and that's probably the only reason I'm wary of leaving it for last, since going from the Commonwealth to Nuka World and then ending with a super drab and grim Far Harbor might not feel right. Kind of a random reason, I suppose.
>>
>>170554534
Nuka World really feels like New Vegas when you're outside the park areas. Lots of flat, open ground with the occasional dead tree. Even the ground texture looks more like a desert.
>>
>>170553350
Look at how the BoS and Followers were originally presented. The BoS worshiped technology somewhere between "practically" and "literally" based on how they talk about it.
>>
>>170554467
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/798/?
Use the x10 version. It gives 10 rounds per craft.
>>
>>170554747

Yeah, the followers definitely seem like they have a religious origin and the BoS do seem to go past veneration of technology at some points.

Shame that Bethesda won't touch the subject, there is all sorts of potential lore you could make out of it.
>>
Do npcs loot weapons from weapon racks from contraptions dlc?
>>
>>170546580

With the exception of le black revolutionary man, the voice acting is pretty well done. Most people despise the dialogue choices more than the actual VA.
>>
File: 20170309144253_1.jpg (190KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170309144253_1.jpg
190KB, 1360x768px
Why do these people keep congregating in this one spot. All the damn time. If they're not working or crowding the bar they just cluster here. I made this whole lovely vault for you to enjoy why are you all standing here.
>>
>>170555081

That is what I figured. It was a major red flag when I watched the promotion for the game and the Character only had a mass effect style speaking system
>>
>>170555145

>Bethesda Programing
>>
>>170555145
because their AI is balls and their pathing is worse, especially vertically
>>
>>170555081
The handful of "MY BABY"-esque lines in the first act come off as a bit weird if you aren't invested in that part of the story (which no one has ever been or will ever be) but other than that the PC voice acting is pretty good.
>>
>>170499996
Okay so it turns out that deleting my INIs like some anon suggested fucked up my game (not really surprised) so I reinstalled and now I'm just getting a regular crash, it doesn't freeze. I've tried launching the game with and without UI mods and it crashes both ways
>>
>>170555412

There should have been an option to either be a shitty parent and not care about the baby desu
>>
>>170555412
it's complete shit and the only redeeming factor is mashing 2 through every conversation without reading any of it beforehand
>>
>>170555420
Did you launch the game through the normal launcher to remake your .ini files?
>>
>>170553979
apparently its via quest stage fuckery

maybe shoot niero a pm
>>
>>170555962
>niero
He's busy doing slutwear for money, Anon.
>>
>>170555962
How much of the game is built off of quests? And here I was thinking that it was stupid for dialogue to use quests.
>>
>>170556665
I have no idea but thats what I heard
i don't even know how textures work man
>>
what mods should i get if i want to turn the commonwealth into a slaver kingdom supporting one massive, wealthy central settlement
stuff like bomb collars, sex slaves, old-world architecture or anything else that you think would fit along with this
>>
>>170555729
Pretty sure I did, I can try again if it will really help but I've reinstalled my game so shouldn't that do it too?
>>
>>170557473
.ini files are generated upon running the game through the launcher.
If it crashes, chances are you have other shit installed conflicting with it.
>>
>>170557473
You're supposed to launch it through the launcher once to make those files.
>>
>>170504667
There are other references in New Vegas,its implied that O'Hanrahan is a christian and I think Modoc in FO2 has a christian church in it
>>
>>170557605
>>170557649
After resetting them I cleaned my mods and now instead of instantly crashing it crashes just after the bethesda logo. Progress is progress I guess
>>
Anyone have any tips about how to change weapons ammo?

I'm trying to mod an SMG added from one mod to use a 9mm ammo added by another mod, I'm using Fo4edit and I think the problem is editing one mod to use another as a master, I'm just not sure how to do it.
>>
Since last time everyone forgot to create a new OP

heres one in case of emergency

>>170558598
>>170558598
>>170558598
>>
>>170558628
Okay, shot in the dark since I've messed it up twice before, go into MO. Next to the plugins tab on the side is "archives". Make sure everything there is checked.
>>
>>170560154
Yep, everything's checked and it all should be working, I don't know why it's not. Maybe because I reinstalled the game I have to run the 4GB Patcher again or something
>>
>>170560412
Yes, you do. Your new .exe isn't going to have it applied. Go do that. Not sure if it'll help with getting to the menu, but still.
>>
>>170555145
get mods to put invisible markers for their idle animations if it bothers you so much. at least theyll look good even if they're doing nothing.
>>
>I had no intention of these stone walls to be my mausoleum
>That scab wearing the hardhat warned me, and I should have listened
>It's been nearly 20 minutes now since I've heard back from Veronica
>I've tried radioing her twice over my pip-boy when I could afford the noise, but all I got back was stati-
>Before I can finish the thought, heavy padded footsteps begin to stumble into my ears
>Each rhythmic step growing louder as they become accompanied by talons clacking against cement, and a deep guttural breathing
>Slowly and quietly I dim the glow from my pip-boy and pull my sleeve down to shield any remaining light
>I may be nearly ten feet off the ground while in the operator's cabin, but I know that's only eye level to the beast
>As quiet as possible I slouch further underneath the cobweb laden seats and draw my rifle
>I check to be sure the plasma is fully charged-- it is
>Just as I'm about situated, the steps approach the cabin
>Razor sharp fangs the size cazador stingers lead a gaping maw into my sight, dripping with fresh blood and clumped with tufts of blonde hair
>I stifle a cry
>Veronica...
>Fucking monster
>With tears blurring my vision, I watch the beast stop--pointing its moist nostrils to the air and lightly scraping its bull-like horns against the metal of the vehicle as it sniffs around
>I've heard stories of them smelling prey from over a mile away
>I'm less than a meter
>All outside sounds begin to fade into the deafening pounding of my heart
>I draw my weapon's sight to my my face, steadying my breathing as I aim the central-most reticle directly over the creatures piercing eye
>For a moment everything goes quiet and still
>I think of my mother and father; before the war and before these forsaken wastes-
>And of my son, waiting for us to return home with a warm meal and smiling, tired faces...
>I hope the Gunderson's will take you in if I don't make it
>I love you son
>In a flash, everything from the present comes roaring back
>I pull the trigger
>>
File: 1465097614632.gif (544KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1465097614632.gif
544KB, 700x700px
Should I get the "JSawyer Ultimate Edition" from the nexus or is there a newer, even more ultimate edition I'm not aware of?
>>
>>170561027
>>I think of my mother and father; before the war and before these forsaken wastes-
wat
>>
>>170560502
Well I figured out my problem, for whatever retarded reason my game still thinks I have darnified UI installed. I'll try finding the files and deleting them to see if that works
>>
>>170561879
Yep that was the problem, darnified UI was being retarded and didn't uninstall fully
>>
>>170562419
Congrats on finding the problem. Meanwhile I just figured out one of my own.
>JSawyer Ultimate updated
>Separates some extra stuff into the Unofficial Patch Plus, a new merge of the fixes YUP doesn't have because they use scripts
>Get tags, make bashed patch
>Newly merged patch claims it's missing my custom merge of a few of the ones in the new patch as a master
>But I deleted it
>In the end it was because it was still the old bashed patch, Wrye Flash had been encountering a problem with UPP
>Remove it, build patch, add it back, do some manual edits, and all is good
>>
>>170561716
I meant vault life before coming out to the wastes and into the ncr-legion war. But yeah, I can see how that can be taken wrong. Damn, didn't think about that
>>
>>170563627
Especially after FO4.
>>
>>170563931
Yeah, I hardly played F4 so it didn't cross my mind right until I read that reply. As soon as I read it I instantly made the connection too, so it's definitely a clerical error on my part. Whoops
Thread posts: 756
Thread images: 141

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.