[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 725
Thread images: 104

File: greirat.jpg (1MB, 1280x1805px) Image search: [Google]
greirat.jpg
1MB, 1280x1805px
>Heavens, she was already dead:
>>165956452

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
http://pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm
>>
File: drifting.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
drifting.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
So who is ready for twitchfaggots to spoil DLC again and all their braindead fanboys to spread the spoilers?
>>
File: Dancer.png (2MB, 1080x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Dancer.png
2MB, 1080x1700px
>>
>get killed by a buff-glitch shitter while going through the area after pontiff
>respawn
>fog walls on the doors even though I'm inside the room
wat
>>
>>166006827
I really appreciate you posting this in everything.

>tfw you will never be smushed by the dancer's butt
>>
DLC2 trailer when ?
>>
>>166007592
Hopefully next week. Also, some anon said a few threads ago that a trailer will be out on Jan 26th.
>>
>>166007691

Is there ANY confirmation or hint as to when we can expect an announcement?

A few days ago their twitter said "Real Soon :D", but frankly, in developer terms that could just mean "Before December 2017 LOL".
>>
>news about second dlc
>last demo of nioh and then its release
Next few weeks are going to be sweet.
>>
>>166008454
Sweet for some people...

>tfw poorfag
>>
What kind of bossfights are you hoping to see in DLC2?
>>
>>166008905

I want there to be four bosses.
Each one has three stages, except for the last boss which has five stages AND will constantly resurrect every time it's killed, unless you manage to find a side route from outside up to an alternate area in the boss room where you'll find some little faggot hollow playing with weird astrological shit.
>>
>>166008905
>tfw one of the bosses will inevitably be a reskinned Orphan
>>
File: 1484283734335.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484283734335.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>166009017
Don't even joke about that it was a fucking awful mechanic the first time
>>
>>166008905
A real meaty amount of content. I do enjoy AoA but with this next DLC being the last content for the game we need more than "lmao2bosses", I'm not going to do the whole "it's less than an hour long" because that's just bullshit running through and only doing the bosses, the entire fucking game is only like 5-6 hours at most if you do that. It was shorter than I was expecting however, so we really need a DLC with a large amount of varied content to make up for it.
>>
>>166009627
The shortness thing about AoA seems like bullshit. The major failing is it only have two bosses with a massive quality disparity between them.
>>
>>166008905
I want an O&S fight except instead of two guys there are three. When 1 is killed, the remaining 2 combine in the second phase. This means there would be 3 possible second phase boss types.
>>
Do you guys think Aldia will turn up in the DLC? He was the only good lore figure from 2, and his lore is significant enough to at very least be mentioned in the last Souls release we will ever see, at least in my opinion.
>>
>>166009627
>just realised the question only asked about bossfights
shit.
regardless, some stuff we haven't gotten before. I don't want another "SURPRISE this dude resurrects multiple times!" boss or more "big dude with big sword" ones. Something I don't think is done enough is a boss that's really really impacted and changed by the level leading up to it, like the same concept as burning the windmill in DaS2 to remove the poison, but a whole lot more. We already know the DaS world has contructs/golems, maybe play on that. You can change a fuckload of stuff in the area that makes the area harder/easier/different and these changes also effect the boss, swapping segments of it's body or changing the arena. Carefully balanced so that no combination was objectively easier than the others it could be really fucking cool figuring out what does what to the boss and then "tailoring" it to the version you want to fight that time round. Not to mention the possibilities for "muh branching paths and explorable area" before it.
>>
>>166008905
There's probably going to be 2 or 3 boss fights. If it's indeed Londor then i expect the first to be some sort of a highly-ranked Londor official, maybe a leader of Darkwraiths (Jar-Eel?), and the final one is obviously the Dark Soul.
>>
>>166009819
no shitty ds2 lore allowed
>>
>>166008905
Something like the bed of chaos with the ground falling away mixed with the gank squad fight.
>>
>>166008357
There's a Bamco event next week where some e-celebs will get to try the new DLC. The announcement trailer will probably be released then, while the footage they record at the event seems to have an embargo that will last a few weeks.
>>
File: Dark-Souls-3-Siegward-Mission-02.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-Siegward-Mission-02.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
>>166009998
>dasfags still mad they retconned all giants to anusfaces
>>
>>166010074
>There can only be one kind of giants in the entire world
>>
>>166010074
what the fuck were they even doing with that in DaS2? There's even that one model you can still see (I think it's in one of the memories) that has their original face model on it, granted it looks like ass but it still brings up the question of why they bothered changing it from DaS1 at all? And why to a giant fucking hole of all things?
>>
File: 20170119020635_1.jpg (486KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170119020635_1.jpg
486KB, 1920x1080px
Why does blood always just show up as your character wearing blackface?
>>
>SotFS
sl 150 or 200 for arena?
>>
>>166010147
That's a picture of a DaS1 giant with an iron grate mask, but with an updated DaS3 model. Fucking look at it, it has a giant hole right in the middle of their non-face, while the model from DaS1 had small beady eyes was almost flat.
Aside from Undead Settlement, you can find them in Anor Londo, right next to drang knights. As we all know, Vendrick went to "some distant land" and snatched some giants for his brother to experiment on. I think it's pretty safe to say that the drang knights we see are remnants of his invasion and deserters that went rogue and became mercenaries, but that's just my retarded headcanon that might make sense to me exclusively.
>>166010245
Probaby because it looks more original, or something along the lines.
I dont know, honestly I would theoreticize that it might have some connection to countless hollows half transformed into trees, Sulyvahn having flandere twig wings and face covered in vines and the fact that early The Know screenshots showed us High Wall at night completely overrun with black vegetation, but it seems that this plotline got scrapped or something.
>>
>>166010330
Probably because it's supposed to be "ashen" or something. Bloodborne had so much better blood effects.

>>166009936
Jar-Eel looks and sounds stupid so he'll probably be From's pick.
>>
File: Giants.jpg (766KB, 2787x1643px) Image search: [Google]
Giants.jpg
766KB, 2787x1643px
>>166010245
Don't know. They had faces pre-release as evidence by some concept art and some early models shown in an IGN tour of From's studio.The one in the memory is probably a leftover they forgot to remove (it's even there in SotFS).
>>
Is there a way to calculate the drop % of a particular object?
The only information I got is that the drop chance of the object I'm looking for is 'rare'
>>
Anyone know how the two handing strength bonus works for twin weapons like onikiri and ubadachi?
>>
>>166010815
>that top right one
shitty_WoW_trashmob.png
>>
Does anyone else think warping is what ruined DaS1/2/3's world and level design? I mean, think about it, the first half of DaS1 has fantastic interconnection and shortcuts that make traveling between areas reasonable and interesting. After getting the Lord Vessel, the world design goes to shit because FROM no longer had to carefully consider how to lay out the world and the levels. The same is true for DaS2/3 as they both lack interesting level connection.
>>
>>166010846
ppairedweapons do not get the bonuis of sttrong;.
>>
soooo i just finished das 3 yesterday ...
why do people think it's superior to das 2 again ??

i like cant even remember any of the boosfights, they were all so lackluster and forgettable, excluding Nameless king which was annoying more than anything
>that fucking first phase retarded dragon and the fucking camera
and the second phase is basically perma dodging and hitting back 1-2 times or you get nuked by insta kill combos.
Soul of cinder was nice, but like everything else in the game that feels "nice" it's another form of fanservicing das 1, not exactly something original.
Also i cant remember any good soundtrack, even the end credits music was shit.
>>
>>166011336
>>>/v/
>>
>>166011336
It's far better mechanically and does have better boss fights.
>>
>>166011336
solid bait, 6/10
>>
>>166011336
>why do people think it's superior to das 2 again ??
The controls. And graphics.
>>
>>166011286
BB had great world design despite having warping so...

>After getting the Lord Vessel, the world design goes to shit because FROM no longer had to carefully consider how to lay out the world and the levels

I think that they were pipes because From wanted players to feel like they had reached the end of that "dungeon" as it is. And New Londo Ruins is still part of the "interconnectivity" in world design and technically so is Lost Izalith considering how Lost Izalith links back to Quelaag's domain.

I think DaS3's world design was decent, but it's evident that they had to rush it and the way the levels absolutely work around only 1 bonfire, I think that they designed the levels to work like BB levels (1 lamp at the start then 1 for defeated boss rest is physical shortcuts) and then Bamco playtesters complained that it's too hard for microcuck casuls.
>>
>>166011286
No I hate metroidvania style levels later on because as the game grows outward from the center, the interconnectiveness always lowers. Ds1 did it right allowing fast travel later on.
>>
>>166010817
Not really. For some objects people test it and figure out percentage drop rate, though.
>>
>>166011286
>Does anyone else think warping is what ruined DaS1/2/3's world and level design
No. Going back and forth between the first half of DS1 is an immense slog and overall it has a lot of retarded bonfire placement, as much as DS3 or maybe even more.
>>
>>166011612
okay i'll give you that one, the gameplay was fun.
>>166011552
mate im not, really i want to know what you guys find so kewl in das3.

bb and ds 1 were original and memorable (lore, gameplay, soundtrack) das 3 and 2 are on the same level of meh to me.
>>
What's rings should I use on a STR build? I've got favour, life and hornet but I'm not sure what to use for the 4th slot. Thinking maybe knights to bump me from 60 to 66 STR and get a little more damage.
>>
>>166011628
>levels absolutely work around only 1 bonfire
At least half of DS3 really needs multiple bonfires per level given a low estus count you have and overall power of enemies. It needs multiple bonfires way more than DS1 where you had 10 stronger flasks since the very beginning.
>>
Enemies that flail their weapon around like a retard piss me off. It's not that I have trouble dealing with it, it's just the act of them doing it. And FromSoft seems to have given it to a lot of enemies in DaS3.
>>
>>166011931
>dark souls is about a world going completely hollow and mad
>how dare enemies flail their weapons madly like they actually lost their mind
>>
Finished Dark Souls 3. Feels pretty melancholy tb h, really enjoyed the whole series overall even if it's not perfect. Really like Soul of Cinder as a final boss. His armour being a kind of distorted version of the Elite Knight set was a nice touch since it kind of made you feel like you were fighting the Chosen Undead. His first stage where he changed between all the different weapons was really cool and made it really feel like you were fighting an amalgamation of many Lords of Cinder, and also worked on kind of a meta level by sort of representing the players themselves.

The second stage was also cool as fuck when he started using Gwyn's moves and the new version of Gwyn's theme was really great.

All that said, he wasn't very hard and I would've liked it if his moves were a bit faster to make him more dangerous. But he was a really well-presented boss and a good one to end the series on.
>>
One of the best levels in Souls games is No-man's Wharf from DaS2. Only one bonfire.
>>
Who do people hate das 2 so much?

I really enjoyed my playthrough
>>
>>166012170
Because of that one video that told people to.
>>
>>166012217
OH, that explains it. Thanks.
>>
>tfw spent $80 on a new PS3 instead of saving it to get a PS4
a-atleast i can keep twinking in 2-1
>>
>>166011336
>soooo

uuuhhhhh stopped reading there
>>
>>166012170
i don't hate ds2 even though i consider it a weak game
what i hate is ds2 community
>>
>>166012291
The ps3 has lots of great games. The ps4 only has one.
>>
>>166012462
>""community""
have you considered killing yourself?
>>
>>166011336
soooo i just finished das 2 yesterday ...
why do people think it's superior to das again ??
i like cant even remember any of the boosfights, they were all so lackluster and forgettable, excluding Sinh which was annoying more than anything
>that fucking retarded dragon flying around and the fucking camera
>and then it boils down to basically perma dodging and hitting back 1-2 times or you get your weapon broken instantly
Old Dragonslayer was nice, but like everything else in the game that feels "nice" it's another form of fanservicing das 1 and King's field, not exactly something original.
Also i cant remember any good soundtrack, even the end credits music was shit.
>>
>>166012170
Horrible controls, it feels really out of place, the graphics make it look like some bootleg russian tribute game, Soul Memory, etc.

To be fair, the game had a lot of nice features being placed, like 4 slots for rings, dual wielding and a lot of cool weapons.

Can't stand play it alone, tho.
>>
>>166012170
>lots of bosses but most of them are easy and lame
>controller deadzone and only being able to move in certain directions makes moving your character awkward
>basically forced to level up ADP because otherwise you have hardly any iframes
>soul memory
>lore and setting is very disconnected from the first game
>level design and aesthetic is kind of boring
>level transitions are really badly done making every area feel disconnected from the rest of the world
>having to get the four Old Ones souls to open Shrine of Winter because the road was blocked by waist-high rubble makes one of the main goals of the game feel really stupid
>lots of bonfires make the game easy
>game relies on mobs of enemies to make levels difficult rather than unique, well-designed enemies or well-designed levels

Those were most of my issues with the game. I don't think it's terrible, I largely enjoyed my time with it, there are some things it did right and DS1 and DS3 didn't do. However I definitely consider it the weakest entry. A lot of these issues weren't in the DS2 DLCs though, which were all very good (especially Crown of the Old Iron King and Crown of the Ivory King).
>>
>>166012479
>BB
>NiOh
>GB3
>New EXVS game
>the two Sony exclusives FROM have to make
>>
>>166012170
I just disliked it openly dedicated most of its patching and balance concerning duels and all but ignored coop/invasions/pve
>>
>>166012680
if anything, they made invasions even worse by increasing phantom limit in SOTFS and introducing a nearly unkillable npc phantoms
>>
>>166012398
matey, i know you read it all and ended up getting flustered.
>>166012560
>le salty neckbeard
are you trying to imply that i defend das 2 ?
it was a trashbag just like das 3 is
>even the end credits music was shit
yea right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYQrxnXD9zo
>>
>>166012479
PS3 has DeS, MGS HD collection and RDR which just about does it for games I'm personally interested in. But you might have different taste in games I guess.

I'd probably buy PS3 at this point just to play DeS but I think they'll remake it for PS4 and DeS was the jankiest game of the franchise anyway so I don't feel like wasting my money on it.

>>166012670
>the two Sony exclusives FROM have to make
Source.
>>
>>166012170
>I really enjoyed my playthrough
I did too, anon.

But here's my take on why I don't enjoy DS2 as much as the others maybe barring DeS because while DeS has good levels and great atmosphere it's a janky piece of poo in all regards when it comes to gameplay.

>shit level design
>shit checkpointing
>shit lighting that makes levels look incredibly dull
>shit online due to no full eye orbs an soul memery
>despawning mobs and focus on farming
>shit bosses (that are still better than their DeS equivalents except maybe the gargoyles)
>adaptability
>cool mechanics that went totally underutilized
>shit covenants based on cool ideas that were totally wasted
>>
>>166012670
I agree with the first two, but what are the other ones (GB3 adn EXVS) ?
>>
I wanted to make a faith pvp build, but think the one i've come up with will suck
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/136916 how can i improve it?
>>
>>166013159
>faith pvp build
i don't even need to open that link to tell you why it sucks, anon
>>
>>166013187
B-but i want to hurl big spears of lightning at people
>>
>>166013232
you can hurl them alright, but they won't hit anything
>>
>>166011838
>really i want to know what you guys find so kewl in das3.
Bosses on general are faster, more aggressive, have more varied movesets. Each has 2 stages, and the soundtrack changes as well.
A considerable amount of regular mooks are the same: more speed, more moves, more aggression. Stuff like Pontiff Beasts, curse doggos or outrider knights would've qualified as full fledged bosses back in the days of old gen souls (des, das, das2).
And that's the meat of the game right here: regular mobs and boss fights. Both I think are strictly superior to DaS1.
I also think that the music is better, at least because it's tied to the whole double stage mechanic. Some of the transitions, like pontiff's, are majestic as fuck. DeS music is good, but is rather slow and utilizes a lot of trumpets, and honestly doesn't really always fit. DaS1 has too much stressful "OOOOHOOH AHAH" IMO. BB music is still probably the best, at least on the merit of being an actual orchestra.
In terms of aesthetics, it's still pretty varied. I dunno where the "LOL GREY AND PISS FILTER" meme comes from. You have crimson-toned lake, ghostly blue irithyll, green irithyll dungeon, white ariandel and so on.
>>
>>166013273
but that's what trading hits with them is for
>>
>>166012819
>Source.
There was some "Sony insider" a while ago who mentioned on neofag that From made a 3 PS4 games deal with Sony (BB and two more).
>>
File: vSHRacG.png (98KB, 462x576px) Image search: [Google]
vSHRacG.png
98KB, 462x576px
>there's roughly 5 enemies between two demon ruins bonfire and zero between daughter of chaos bonfire and first demon ruins bonfire
>another one right after the firesage even though stairs and elevator lead right back to the first demon
>ANOTHER ONE right after centipede demon
>according to /dsg/ this game has good bonfire placement
>>
>>166013159
That's about it for that SL, weird one to stop at. Get Yorshka's chime for the buff. Talisman poise health doesn't depend on your poise.
Storm is not very good so you could just move 6 att points into vig.
>>
>>166013159
>https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/136916
>Sl95
Weird sl to stop, any reason?
Looks good so far with the SL you've chosen, would've liked to see more Vig/Fth
>>
>>166013380
Lost Izalith gets a pass from most people since its the rushed PoS area
>>
>>166013380
Way better than DS3, my dude. Fuck All bosses turn into bonfires and shit. There's literally a bonfire 20 feet away from another between Armour and Grand Archives.
>>
>>166013420
>>166013442
it was just the basic stats, i was going to add remove points as nessecary, and I picked storm because it apparantly combos into lightning stake/spear
what SL should i take it up to, 120?
>>
>>166012819
>I'd probably buy PS3 at this point just to play DeS but I think they'll remake it for PS4

Don't get your hopes up, Sony may own the IP but the distribution rights are split 3 ways. I wouldn't be surprised at a new Shadow Tower though, especially since guns worked well in Bloodborne and FROM could fall back on the standard "isolated kingdom where someone fucked up and now evil is spreading" story that FROM uses for pretty much all of their games.
>>
>>166013380
lost izalith in general is garbage, as well as most areas after anor londo, which most of /dsg/ readily admits
>>
>>166013380
It's OK when Dark Souls 1 does it.
>>
>>166013513
>Way better than DS3
No, it's not. Especially given that DS3 gives you less healing options all the way till lategame.
>>
>>166013679
sup, plebbit
>>
>>166013513
>All bosses turn into bonfires
What exaclty was the deal with this ? Is this some leftover game mechanic that got scrapped ? I remember pre-release stuff about making your own bonfires and sacrificing certain bonfires to do shit.
>>
>>166013848
It's a DeS thing. FromSoft seems hellbent on merging all Souls mechanics into one game which obviously doesn't work well.
>>
File: dsg in a nutshell.jpg (75KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
dsg in a nutshell.jpg
75KB, 640x359px
>>
File: joker.jpg (130KB, 757x505px) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
130KB, 757x505px
><30% weight
>bloodring
>roll around like a madman
>smash in blues confused faces with a +10 heavy pickaxe
>hosts getting annoyed and summoning phantoms, popping seeds, black crystalling me out, or getting themselves killed trying to catch me with their washing poles/spears while the Aldrichbros gangbang them

LOCK ME UP

I have the fapping ring+2 on atm, should I switch it with Havel+2 so I can get some better gear on? I'm currently on fucking negative damage absorption otherwise.
>>
>>166013505
Okay, lets us talk about early and midgame, then. There's a single Drake between Burg bonfire and altar of sunlight, and even altar of sunlight only allows to skip 2 hollows and 2 rats.

Then we have an abomination that is a bonfire placement in Darkroot Garden. A single bonfire would be more than enough for this entire area, but it has fucking 3 of them, and there's 5 piss easy treants between parish and one of them and a single black knight between parish and another of them. Depths shouldn't have a bonfire at all, there's already a shortcut that allows to skip all butchers and mad hollows if you're coming from up above.

Anor Londo is equally retarded with Gwyn's tomb bonfire that doesn't provide a shortcut for anything as it's simply faster to get down from Anor Londo bonfire than call the lift, run to its upper level then switch the lift yet again.

I won't even bother describing late-game bonfire placement, it's all over the place as well as there's like a single jump between two Catacombs bonfires.

The only areas in the entire DS1 that have a balanced bonfire placement are Blighttown, Sen's and New Londo.
>>
>>166013679
You don't need them that badly. Making it to tower on the wall using 1 estus is about as hard as doing the same to burg's bonfire. On bigger levels, DaS 3 has plenty of shortcuts to allow you to explore with no extra bonfires needed.

Take the cruxifixon woods bonfire. There's only a few hollows, those poison things and one dog between it and the nearest bonfire and yet they think a bonfire there has any reason to exist. Or the lake and ruins separation only because of the worm. Or the DLC having one on both sides of the bridge. Or the lothric castle not being enough with all the shortcuts and the dragon barracks existing.
>>
>>166013937
Did you know not everything is a reference you mongoloid faced baboon?
>>
>get summoned as Darkmoon
>immediately get black crystalled out by the host
Fuck you
>>
>>166014008
>kek'd before opening the picture because recognising scene
>open pic and kek harder
>>
>>166014119
>if it's bonfire placement doesn't make it le so hardcore lelele xD it's not balance
>>
>>166014127
>You don't need them that badly
You don't need, maybe. Average player does.
>>
>>166014008
>not replacing last two guys with Miyazaki and Tanimura
>>
>>166014135
>reference
It's a fucking mechanic straight from Demon's Souls.
>>
>>166014303
>It's a fucking mechanic straight from Demon's Souls

Dark Souls and Bloodborne do it too you monkeyfaced mongoloid
>>
>>166014407
Did you even play Dark Souls?
>>
>>166014407
Dark Souls only did it when there was a dead end, like Bed of Chaos.
>>
File: 1435688316236.png (404KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435688316236.png
404KB, 500x500px
>>166014240
>It's okay when Dark Souls 1 does it!! R-reddit!!

The droning is ridiculous. Why can't you just admit that every game has its flaws, look past them, and enjoy them all like actual fans of the series?
>>
Why do people actually grind for dmb?

50 faith and ~10 int chime costs 60 sl and has 209 spellbuff for DMB

30/30 int/fai crystal chime costs the same and has 202 spellbuff for CMW

The latter generally lets you also save on stats by using pyro to compensate for the slightly lower spellbuff. What's the point of going the faith route? Bigger regen miracle?
>>
There used to be this guy here who posted webms of his low level sorcerer who'd just snipe people with soul stream plus obscuring ring. I forgot the build he posted but would +6 weapon and SL55 give me decent invasions for Catacombs and Irithyll?
>>
>>166014474
Did you? Every LordSoul boss has a bonfire spawn after you kill them, and so does O&S and Gwyn.
>>
>>166014518
>Why can't you just admit that every game has its flaws
i don't think anyone can possibly deny this about any game
>>
>>166014552
The one after Gwyn ends the game.
>>
>>166014552
>O&S
>bonfire spawn

It was already there. BB has most bosses drop lanterns but DeS and 3 are the only games where the boss drops a warp point every time, save for the final
>>
>>166013937
>>166013848
>>166014135
>>166014303

Yeah, it's a mechanic that started from DeS and was most prevalent in that game, but it was continued in DS1 and 2 by giving you a bonfire for the "big" bosses that were defeated.

Bloodborne probably had the more succesful mechanic because there were fairly few archstones overall (I call them archstones because they work more like DeS archstones because they only teleport you into Hunter's Dream and they don't even automatically restock your consumables unless you die and even then some require trip back to the Hunter's dream iirc) and levels were based around 1 lamp most of the time.

That said, BB had some kinda pointless lamps like the Tomb of Oedon lamp was pointless because Cathedral Ward lamp exists without any combat between ToO and CW much like DragonSlayer Armor and Grand Archives bonfire, but others, like the Grand Cathedral bonfire can be useful if you want to go towards Hemwick or Yahar'gul .

I think the way DS3's the way it is due to Bamco meddling because most of the levels would work perfectly fine centered around 1 bonfire and rest done via physical shortcuts but it could also be due to rushed development.
>>
>>166014671
>BB has most bosses drop lanterns
all of them
>>
>>166014552
Yes, a Lord Soul. 4 bosses. NOT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. And, go figure, it was the shit bosses in rushed areas with dead ends this was done on.
>>
>>166014693
Rom :^)
>>
Bonfires EVERYWHERE is just one of the many ways FromSoft has used to make these games easier and thus more accessible.
>>
File: Bloodborne Moonside Lake lamp.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Moonside Lake lamp.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>166014765
>>
>>166014765
No, Rom drops a lantern too but it also spawns Yharnam on top of it
>>
File: 1464280484098.png (135KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
1464280484098.png
135KB, 393x325px
I spent a little under 4 hours fighting Ludwig, and did not get nearly as mad in the two hours I've spent fighting the FUCKING MANEATERS

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KILL THESE SHITHEADS

DURR YOU GOT KNOCKED TO THE GROUND TIME FOR MY FRIEND TO COME OVER AND BEAT YOUR ASS BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN GET UP

OOPS I'M LOW HEALTH HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME FLYING AWAY SILLY SLAYER ;)))))
>>
>>166014119
Hellkite bonfire is pretty scary to get to and rewards players smart enough to get around the dragon. Darkroot and demon ruins bonfires are hidden behind walls, rewarding observant players. Depth bonfire is on main route through the area, while the shorcut is there for, again, players who actually search their surrondings, and even then you have to notice the longer ledge on the left you can slide off to skip half the area.
Lord's tomb bonfire is there for darkmoons and people who kill the firekeeper to provide a somewhat reasonable alternative. I don't find it bad or unnecessary at all, it's on a complete side route anyway.
I never found the 2nd catacomb bonfire. It's there to reward exploration, just like all the other bonfires you describe as redundant or some shit.
>>
>>166014518
>says the guy who just wrote a three paragraph rant about bonfire placement
>>
>>166015009
>it's hidden so it doesn't count
Then i won't count half of DS3 bonfires as well because you might not stumble upon them.
>>
File: 1450583785511.png (102KB, 785x725px) Image search: [Google]
1450583785511.png
102KB, 785x725px
>>166015047
I am not that guy, just someone who is incredulous at the blatant droning.
>>
>>166015110
Yes it doesn't, you retard. The game rewards exploration, not something a guide-watching faggot like you would understand.
>>
>when someone says DaS has build variety
>>
File: dsg in a nutshell fixed.jpg (78KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
dsg in a nutshell fixed.jpg
78KB, 640x359px
>>166014265
>>
>>166015110
DaS 3's bonfires are often very blatant and placed in the way towards the boss. The ones you can call hidden are cliff underside because of a drop, and the finger/faithful/darkmoon ones
>>
>>166015327
>DaS 3's bonfires are often very blatant and placed in the way towards the boss
I can count the same amount of them as in DS1. Especially because i will be counting the shitfest of a bonfire placement that is Izalith.
>>
friede is mean
>>
>>166015280
Doing god's work anon, thank you
>>
File: dsg in a nutshell final.jpg (78KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
dsg in a nutshell final.jpg
78KB, 640x359px
>>166015427
Adjusted the cigar around Miyazaki's mouth a bit.
>>
>>166015408
she only becomes mean in third stage and because you fucking barge in and murder a kind church father
>>
>>166015280
Nice.
>>
File: 1452408895983.jpg (77KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1452408895983.jpg
77KB, 690x460px
>>166015238
>when someone says DaS pvp is good
>>
>>166015490
Friede has her clawtism knights kill/cripple the population of the painting way before you show up.

She's a bitch.
>>
File: c3bbdeee66.jpg (120KB, 481x1024px) Image search: [Google]
c3bbdeee66.jpg
120KB, 481x1024px
>>166015598
All for the sake of preserving the painted world, anon.
You don't want to pointlessly reset the things up, do you?
>>
File: 1484092735070.jpg (23KB, 388x464px) Image search: [Google]
1484092735070.jpg
23KB, 388x464px
T H I C C
>>
PvP ratings:
Ds2 > Ds3 >>>>>>>>> Ds1 > DeS
>>
>>166015749
>tfw people say DaS2 has terrible combat when DeS exists
>>
>>166015408
Friede is bae desu
>>
>>166015749
For duels, maybe.
DS2 had the absolute worst invasions, even worse than BB.
>>
>>166015749
>the duel focused shitfest that was das2
>with no infinite invasion item, only cracked orbs
>soul memery
>giant seeds
>invaders can't heal aside from miracles
>invaders can't interact with the environment
>better than DeS or DaS
kill yourself

>>166015805
kill yourself as well
>>
>>166015639
>All for the sake of preserving the painted world

Which is now a rotting place filled with corpses and cripples living in constant fear of corvian knights and Artoriasfags.
>>
>>166015238
What were all the das 1 builds most people had?

>40/40
>26/40
>16/45
>dex and dmb
>str with poise
>dark bead spam

Did I miss anything? Seems like the only upside is the abscence of refined infusion
>>
>>166016135
>26
27 I mean
>>
>>166016135
>abscence of refined infusion
which doesn't mean shit because most of the good weapons benefited from going to 27/40 either way
>>
>tfw realize how funny Dark Souls actually is
>giant jew nosed snakes
>sexy birds
>dragon asses that try to sit on you
>two thicc muscular female butchers
>a thicc girl that invades to eat you and then helps you
>merchant that moves to a spot that could kill you if you miss the jump
>merchant that talks to his bucket
>undead lady merchant that has a thing for you
>talking fat cat that speaks weird
>giant fat cats that roll after you
>hydras that slam their heads into the ground
>a dragon that ain't got no legs
>a god that was raised as a goddess
>big head hollows that spit fire at you
>skeletons that ride on wheels
>a knight that's most likely insane and implies he is a faggot
>Oswald of KEHEHEHEHEHE

Probably a lot more that I am forgetting.
>>
>>166016135
>tfw did 27/40 with 40 faith
>buffed washing pole with flip ring
Yes it was cancer but the low vit was quite thrilling
>>
>>166016558
>wheel skeletons
>funny
nigga i still got nightmares
>>
>>166015749
>tfw you can only get in invasions in DeS by twinking in 2-1
even at near starting levels I still don't get anything anywhere else.
>>
PRAISE THE SUN!
>>
>>166017701
no
>>
>>166016558
Oh, and
>bubble butt demons
>weird suction cup things in lost izalith
>mushroom kids
>mushroom powerhouses
>>
>>166017701
PLEASE
HELP ME

EUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

HRYYYYAAARRRGHHHH
HRUUGGGHHH
HRYAAA HRUUUGH HRYAAAA HRUUUGHHH
HRYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *explosion*
>>
>>166017974
>>166016558

Serious question : is Dark Souls your first japanese game?
>>
>DeS
>uchigatana weighs as much as my fucking great club
>requires 18 strength to wield

what the fuck.

Also is the great club not upgradeable or can the blacksmith at the Nexus just not do it.
>>
>>166018070
No, but it is the only funny Souls game. DeS had some funny things as well not as much. 2 and 3 take themselves too seriously.
>>
File: 1482798992024.jpg (257KB, 1276x716px) Image search: [Google]
1482798992024.jpg
257KB, 1276x716px
>>166017947
>>>>>>>>>/out/
>>
>>166014693
Micolash and Gherman and Moon Presence don't have a lanter spawn after you kill them
>>
>>166012170
memes
>>
>>166017979
I heard them perfectly
>>
>>166014119
You can't warp to all of the bonfires in dks1.
>>
>>166018132

You can't upgrade wooden weapons in DeS. Just use it to make the Meat Cleaver.
>>
File: 1475086247138.jpg (87KB, 403x570px) Image search: [Google]
1475086247138.jpg
87KB, 403x570px
>>166015238
>DaS Great Club builds are based around backstabs
>You never swing your weapon normally

wew
>>
>>166018473
Ah okay.

Where the fuck do I get more sharpstone? It seems like the most basic upgrade material but I'm swimming in shit like mercury and moonstone that I can't use
>>
>>166012170
Dead zone, inputs in general being made more finicky as though it were difficulty. You should be giving players more options to weigh and consider alongside more consequence if you want the game to be harder. The only upside was the fixed jump controls, the point being that ds1s shitty jump setup wasn't what made it "challenging"; people should have recognized that fucking with everything else was a bad idea.

Generic enemies just being spawned all over the place as though it were difficulty. Generic bosses as well.

Soul memory

Agility

Shit weapon meta, which ds2 fags usually defend by saying "but it had greeeat build variety! I could level up for any buff I wanted on the same tight handfull of top tier weapons! You can make loads of different colored havelstoc builds! That's what variety is, qualityfag!"

Not to mention the bullshit "when you finish your journey you won't even know why lol" storytelling the writers had to throw out due or their inability to make a solid plot with player motivation while simultaneously keeping the player character as a blank the way ds1 could
>>
someone post the screencap that line of code that resembles

"CapitalCityKnight0002.PairedUltraGreatsword"

or whatever else that one anon found. apparently there's even more?
>>
>>166018963
You'll find plenty of it in Stonefang
>>
>>166019039
>Generic enemies just being spawned all over the place as though it were difficulty.
This is true for every single souls game.
>Shit weapon meta
Oh look, it's someone that's never dueled before.
>>
friendly reminder that the main game is already the ending to das3 and das as a whole and that the dlc will not be an "ending" to the souls games.

killing soul of gwynder and linking the fire or siding with yuria or stomping on the fire keeper already do this
>>
>>166019353
Oh look, it a "but my weapon is in my own personal """viiiable""" tier" dual fugs fag

The enemies in 3 were far better and more interactive. The instant I fought the first lothric knight I knew ds3 had better mobs.
>>
>>166019519
>fugs
Smelter I mean
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-06-01T02_01_00Z.jpg (463KB, 1791x1440px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-06-01T02_01_00Z.jpg
463KB, 1791x1440px
>>166019634
Reminder Bloodborne is a sequel to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 3 is the prequel
>>
>>166019792
lucifer_does_das_lore.jpg
>>
>>166019519
>que ds2 poster who says ds3 mobs have infinite stamina, in spite of spending most his free time posting drakekeeper memes

>>166019792
time is convoluted
>>
>>166019792
>Aldrich
>Eldritch

>The gods are great ones even dark souls has its own god-like race aka Gwyn and co.

This is so stupid

>>166019892
kek
>>
File: IMG_8470.jpg (249KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8470.jpg
249KB, 800x800px
>>166019927
Can we agree that "time is convoluted" is the worst single line in the entire series?

It's a cop-out for lazy writing and inconsistencies and the fan base loves to ride one it harder that they'd like to ride Solaire's masive sun.
>>
>>166020040
even if*
>>
File: 1484791333997.png (264KB, 447x446px) Image search: [Google]
1484791333997.png
264KB, 447x446px
>>166019792
>they're must be a connection to everything

fuck off
>>
File: IMG_8072.png (398KB, 985x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8072.png
398KB, 985x633px
>>166020040
In the Japanese version, Aldricth is literally called "Eldritch"
>>
>>166020169
Well, the english voice acting is the original voice acting.
>>
File: IMG_8050.png (93KB, 1430x606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8050.png
93KB, 1430x606px
>>166020212
The Japanese version is the closest one to Miyazski's original intent. Even if English was made first Miyaxaki's english is not perfect
>>
>>166020047
>ds1 has one single line used to cop out of explaining pvp mechanics, while the game as a whole still has a point

>whereas ds2's whole plot is basically forgotten by the cast and little to no message is developed throughout the game compared to what you're told at the start

>and ds3 just uses the aforementioned line from 1 to mege areas together and shit for unjustified nostalgia faggotry

the only problem was that solaire's line was a far less well disguised cop out than any other, to the point of being kinda atmosphere breaking. As far as magnitude goes, it was only used to cop out of things the player likely wouldn't have worried about anyway.
>>
>realize after upgrading my flamberge to +2 that the great club still blows it out of the water 2 handing because of the A strength scaling

why am I so dumb I just wanna do more than 100 damage a swing to maneaters
>>
File: kekstralife2.jpg (2MB, 2472x2758px) Image search: [Google]
kekstralife2.jpg
2MB, 2472x2758px
>>166020169
>>
>>166020398

Aldrich is an actual name that doesn't have anything to do with eldritch. Since the voice acting says Aldrich that might have been the original intent and the jap sub just didn't care.

The connection makes no sense anyway. I have no idea why anybody would want an connection. It's not cool or deep at all.
>>
File: 1372209943560.jpg (127KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1372209943560.jpg
127KB, 1920x1200px
Thinking about playing through Ds2 because I hate myself. Anyone got some ideas on interesting builds?
>>
>>166020752
>flame demon
that was probably an unfinished page for those guys with the machetes

>leggings of cia
jesus
>>
>>166020850
faith
>>
Are there any weapons similar to the Das 1 silver knight spear in Das 3?
>>
>>166020850
FUGS and/or big weapons
>>
File: feminine benis.png (247KB, 961x251px) Image search: [Google]
feminine benis.png
247KB, 961x251px
>>166020752
Don't forget this
>>
>>166020939
you mean long as fuck and ridiculously overpowered spear?
plow and gargoyle spear
>>
>reposting kekstralife pics every fucking thread
for what purpose
>>
Somehow farming grass manages to be 10x more annoying than farming blood vials in BB
>>
File: kekstralifev3.jpg (2MB, 2472x2758px) Image search: [Google]
kekstralifev3.jpg
2MB, 2472x2758px
>>166021009
I generally don't post it unless someone mentions kekstralife because it's a bad site full of misinformation and should be shamed.

Wikia is shit too, but for other reasons like popup ads.

>>166021001
added
>>
>>166021131
5 bones worth of golden wing knights is like 200 grass

holy shit you're a lazy scumbag

this is all besides the fact that grass in das3 is shit anyway. if you need stamina use a chloranthy ring. 5 sta/sec isn't anything to worry about
>>
>>166020850
Since you're just gonna play it once, figure out which weapons are the least trash in 2 compared to other games so that you can at least get something out of it. Res weapon dark infused crypt blacksword might be worth a go since UGS are pretty bad in 3 and are just a meme in 1. Not saying they're great in 2 though, but clearly the least bad there compared to anywhere else.

The landmine pyromancy and double shields give you stuff that wouldn't be better done in other games by virtue of not being there. Or you could build your own stunlock with powerstance.
>>
>>166021003
Yes anon

Those things are fun
>>
>>166021131

Dupe souls and just buy a hundred good ones from a vendor my man.
>>
>>166020850

I really liked the Forossan build.
Start with some STR, try weapons and shit.
When you find Vengarl, you will soon also find his weapon (with his other things) and trust me, dual Red Rust Swords is da bomb.
>>
File: HEYYY.jpg (58KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
HEYYY.jpg
58KB, 960x540px
What's a good level for lategame invasions? 89? I heard it's good cause it won't match you with 120s.
>>
>>166021230
I meant demon's souls grass that's why I made the blood vial comparison

>>166021243
oh I should've guessed you can dupe in this game. Away I go
>>
>>166021230
>tfw realized he was probably talking about moon grass in des

i-ignore me
>>
>>166021236
Zweihander is the literal best pve weapon in das2
stunlocks for days and enough range to hit tons of enemies game loves to throw at you
>>
>>166021334
>>166021327
like pottery
>>
>>166021220
How about Wikidot?
>>
>>166021384
>best pve
woo
>>
Wonder how much of a disappointment the next DLC will be.
>>
>>166021413
wikidot is love
wish das3 layout wasn't garbage
>>
>>166021413
Wikidot for DS1 / DeS is the best, the DS3 wikidot is almost fextra-tier bad and incomplete but not as lulzy.
>>
>>166021469
>guy asks about playing through the game
>you respond with pvp garbage
on a scale of 1 to 10, how autistic are you?
>>
>>166021592
He actually mocking someone thinking zwei is the best PvE weapon
>>
>>166021592
you can still be invaded in pve
you're only directly comparing weapons in a pvp scenario, in pve it isn't a direct weapon vs weapon comparison and you're only missing out on potential ease against pre defined enemies
>>
>>166021384
It damage is too low and requires flynn's ring to utilize. You also get it pretty late in the game (Iron Keep). For PvE it's better to just dump stats into weight cap and use the Greatsword from

>>166020850
Grand Lance is hands-down the best PvE weapon, and very fun. It's also fairly unique to DS2's gameplay style.

Other things you can get fairly early:
Old Knight Halberd is pretty interesting too.
Anything powerstance
Twinblades
Pure sorcery (you can farm soul spears in huntsman's copse and staff of wisdom is easy to get after doors of pharros).
>>
>>166020850
>Get magic mace
>Get enchanted falchion
>Hybrid sorcerer with powerstance option
>>
>>166020850
Boss weapons.
>>
>>166021384
Better PvE weapons you can get before zweihander:
>Pursuer UGS
>Lost Sinner's Sword
>Greatsword
>Grand Lance
>Santier's spear
>Black Knight Halberd / Old Knight Halberd
>Old Knight Pike
>Warped Sword (when powerstanced)
>Dragon Tooth
>Large Club
>Chariot Lance
>Pate's Spear
>Twinblade
>Dragonrider Twinblade
>>
File: 1440854444651.jpg (53KB, 911x877px) Image search: [Google]
1440854444651.jpg
53KB, 911x877px
>>166021243
>mfw did this to beat maneaters

I don't feel even a little bit bad about it, fuck that fight.
>>
File: 1456837044624.jpg (41KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
1456837044624.jpg
41KB, 600x351px
Is the Dragonslayer's Cresent Axe good in DS2? Im thinking about upgrading either that or the Santier's Spear.
>>
>>166023020
santier's spear does 2 damage

dsca is good lightning-infused but mediocre otherwise
>>
>>166023113
>>166023020
Santier's spear will be far more powerful in both PvP and PvE, especially infused and buffed.

Dragonslayer Crescent Axe can be powerstanced though, and is probably more fun because it's less OP.
>>
>can't skip the old monk cutscene

you have to be fucking kidding
>>
>>166023364
nigger raw and mundane were nerfed like 8 million years ago. it's shit unless you're like SL700
>>
>>166023364
Is lightning infused Santier's viable then? Im running a faith character.
>>
>>166023020
Santiers spear trivialised NG and NG+ for me, although being SL250 probably gave me a huge advantage too.
>>
>>166023624
Use a raw gem and then use sunlight blade.
>>
>shitters actually think that their noble "anti-twinking" will save them from getting righteously raped with raw DSA
it sure a boring process if they are lagging tho
>>
>>166023947
wow what a retard. he's literally using T H E counter for DSA and he still manages to lose.
>>
>>166023947
>cop
>invading

Traitor. You're a disgrace for the institution.
>>
File: 1472992437978.jpg (20KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1472992437978.jpg
20KB, 211x246px
>>166023503
>Maneaters
>Literally some of the most difficult infuriating shit I've fought
>is this the archdemon I need to get past the fog?
>nope just regular demon, 15k souls

>Old Monk immediately after
>beat him my 2nd try by stunlocking him to death
>SOUL OF AN ARCHDEMON
>30k souls

that's some difficulty to reward ratio
>>
>>166024225
>tfw strong urge to be a SL20 cop now

thanks asshole
>>
>>166024281
Old Monk is meant to be a fight against a human player.
Also, all of the Archdemon fights are really easy desu.
>>
>>166023757
>>166023624
dont listen to this idiot, buffs in ds2 are based off of the weapons damage in that element not your spell buff
which means if you dont infuse santiers it only does the base damage of the buff which is like 50
>>
>>166022369
>>166021794
This is a late answer, but Pursuer's, lss and gs all have the awful vertical strikes compared to zwei's 270 degrees coverage. It's definitely not bad, and iron keep isn't all that late either.
>>
>>166024419
>fight against a human player

oh like mirror knight?

Guess that's what I get for playing ded game
>>
>>166024293
You're welcome, recruit.
>>
>>166024225
hey, i do my share of r1 mashing for bluefaggots as well
>>
>>166023596
>>166023624
>>166023663
you motherfuckers are so willing to be "correct" that you straight up ignore in-game stats

+10 magic santier's spear 2H on 14/22/-/40 str/dex/int with RoB and sunlight blade

>225 physical (142 damage after mid-late game defenses)
>357 elemental (250 damage after mid-late game defenses)
>1.2 counter
>~1.75x moveset modifier (2H R2 twinblade moveset)

Total damage: ~686 2HR2 (823 counter)

40/12/-/40 stats on +5 dragonslayer crescent axe with RoB and sunlight blade:

>291 physical (159 damage after mid-late game defenses)
>240 elemental (168 damage after mid-late game defenses)
>1.3 counter
>~1.4x moveset modifier (2H R2 axe moveset)

Total damage: ~457 2HR2 (595 counter) and higher stats needed to reach peak damage

The main reason not to use santier's spear is that it can be slow and leave you open to being damaged while attacking, but it has undoubtably more power than the DSCA.
>>
>>166024634
Post stats and we'll forgive you
>>
File: 20170114043120_1.jpg (485KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170114043120_1.jpg
485KB, 1920x1080px
>>166024880
>>
>>166023947
Why do people use drakeblood ever?
>>
>>166008905
Instead of another shit tier boss like the wolf I hope they're just lazy and copy paste a cleaned up Darklurker.

And then maybe he'll give us Sullys set
>>
File: hmm.png (33KB, 845x299px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
33KB, 845x299px
Should I? It's getting to the point there's enough stuff to tempt me. BB (mainly), Nioh, some other stuff. Any PS4 specific issues I should be aware of when buying pre-owned? Stuff someone might just "happen" to not mention?
>>
>>166024920
Why not upgrade for the DLC shield?
>>
>>166024494
I love the zweihander for PvP. But it's not the best for PvE, at all.

In PvE the stronger UGS vertical strikes are better (they also have sweeping 2HR2s) and the damage output is insane. There is rarely a situation where you need the sweeping attacks of the zweihander more since most bosses don't really move a whole lot.

Iron keep isn't far, but all of those other weapons can be obtained quicker.

I definitely think the Zwei has its place, but that's for its awesome moveset in PvP.
>>
>>166024983
Extremely high damage when buffed with very low stat investment, just like DSA.

At +10 uninfused with 247 sAR lightning blade I pull almost 800 AR using a clutch ring.
>>
File: beauty.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
beauty.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>166025082
i did
but my usual attire is mostly for fashion
this one is when i just don't care
>>
>>166024920
Holy crap, all those invasions were SL20? You're dealing way too much damage.
>>
>>166025183
>clutch ring
>low stat investment when you need 60 fth
>>
>>166021497
DaS3 layout of wikidot lacks literally 1 line of code to resize images and everything would be fine.
>>
>>166025292
At 20 +2 raw it can pull around 400 AR using lightning bundles, and just under 390 AR using lightning resins
>>
Should I farm souls and level up to level 100+ before going NG+?
>>
>>166025404
which fucking game
>>
>>166025102
How do you even use in pvp? My limited experience with it was full of nerds backstepping through every attack and reactive dexfags i couldn't even catch.
>>
>>166016135
Whoa dude you can't just say ds3 has more variety than ds1. Whoa dude you just can't!
>>
>>166025441
ds3 duh
>>
>>166025441
dark souls 3

i've noticed a trend where people generally refer to the game their playing if it isn't dark souls 3.

just assume PC, DaS3 always
>>
>>166025036
These are the PS4 exclusives worth buying, if they look good to you:

Bloodborne, Infamous, Last Guardian, Last of Us Remastered and Part 2, Until Dawn, Uncharted, Death Stranding, Let it Die, Detroit: Become Human, Ace Combat 7, Nioh, Yakuza 6

If you don't have an Xbone, then you get access whole bunch of console exclusives that aren't on PC too.
>>
>>166025036
Nioh's about to have its last demo starting tomorrow, you might want to wait until after that to see if people still have a good opinion of it. You might also want to pay for 1-day or Saturday shipping and get in on the demo so you can see for yourself.

For what it's worth I've been really happy with Bloodborne but it's just about all I use My PS4 for. I've been playing UC4 but only because it came with the system.
>>
>>166025520
5 games in the franchise and you expect people to only talk about the newest one?
ng+ is a joke with zero increase of difficulty
>>
File: 1483747549109.jpg (72KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
1483747549109.jpg
72KB, 976x549px
What's a good offhand for the great club? Obviously a 100 physblock shield is good to just outpatience passive reactives when absolutely needed, but that can be hardswapped to. For actually dealing with weaknesses in the weapon I'm thinking someone fast and thrusting, possibly.
>>
>>166025669
Stone Parma or Eastern Iron Shield
>>
>>166025669
If only there was a class of quick swords whose main attack method was thrusting
>>
>>166025638
Oh fuck really? That kinda sucks. I was planning of doing it 100% like ds1 but the darkmoon blade achievement kind of makes it meaningless
>>
>>166025607
>>166025625
>whole bunch of exclusives
that's what's making me consider it. I haven't had a console in a long time but if I'm going to get one for the exclusives the PS4 seems like the solid choice.

>>166025625
I'm in no rush so I'll probably wait to see how the Nioh demo plays out, then. I have prime so shipping times are rarely an issue.
>>
>>166025452
Just take advantage of the fact that literally every move is pvp viable and you have a range advantage over every other weapon in the game.

1HR1: Two-hit greatsword combo, great for shield breaking and roll baiting
1HR2: Can be angled 270 degrees. Use to hit backstab fishers but never use the 2nd R2
2HR1: Stronger version of the 1HR1, but only one hit combo, good for shield breaking or trading.
2HR2: Excellent thrust, which can be angled ~180 degrees. If the thrust misses, the "Home Run" swipe can be angled BEHIND you. I've caught many players with that trying to backstab me after the thrust.

Running: Excellent dead angling, can be angled 270 degrees. Great for clipping other player's rolls with the ground sweep.
1H Rolling: vertical chop that can angled behind you. Excellent for catching players coming out of their roll attacks.

And of course- Don't play with lock on.

Spears, twinblades, and rapiers are your worst enemy.
>>
>>166025817
NG+ is only worth it because you'll be able to reach NG++ for the rings.
>>
I'm playing ds1 and ds3 at the same time. First souls experience. Is it wrong if I think 3 is more fun?
>>
>>166025817
I suggest you just speed run to NG++ then. You get all the shit in one sweep and you're less overleveled.
>>
>>166025985
I just wanna do fun invasions in midgame areas ;___;
>>
Fingers crossed that DLC2 gives us fun reasons to do ng+ cycles
>>
>>166026064
Just do this >>166026061
>>
>>166026124
fingers crossed that DLC2 gives us reasons NOT to do ng+ cycles renewable titanite slabs
>>
>>166026124
it won't and you know it
>>
Does anyone know what the purpose of a shield like the Follower's Shield is?

It has awful stability, looks mediocre, and doesn't have very good absorption.

The only thing I can think of is that it has the lowest weight to dark absorption ratio, but that doesn't really help much considering it's still not very good.
>>
Who's ready for the evangelist book weapon in the next DLC?
>>
Why is SL 120 the meta?

Having 40s in all of your stats isn't fun, it's boring.

There's no uniqueness. Every character is 40 vit/end/str/dex.

Why isn't SL60-70 considered the meta level?

>Enough levels to wield any weapon/spell/miracle in the game, sacrificing other stats
>Enough levels to still be a glass cannon, tank, etc.
>Just enough levels that you won't have dumpstats

I guess the extra levels let your dump points so you can fashion souls in heavy sets and still midroll.
>>
>try drakeblood sword after thinking its trash in both ds2 and ds3
>over 800 fucking ar with sunlight blade only

its like swinging around a fucking powerline
>>
>>166026881
>Having 40s in all of your stats
That would be more than 120.
>>
>>166026051
No. 1 has a lot of quirky problems and is a generally inferior designed and programmed game. However, a lot of those quirks make it endearing and unique because of it. DS3, by comparison, is really well developed but can just be sort of boring.

Think if DS1 as an high-tier indie game, an DS3 as a mid/low tier AAA game.
>>
>>166026061
ok then what am I gonna do with these 300k souls i got from killing nameless king 500 times
>>
File: 1458834671239.png (248KB, 449x500px) Image search: [Google]
1458834671239.png
248KB, 449x500px
>>166027070
>drakeblood greatsword
>trash in ds2
>>
>>166027189
Actually, think of DS3 as a mid/low tier horribly optimized AAA game that has piss poor performance for it's rather average graphics
t. assblasted poorfag
>>
>>166027242
300k is not even a high number. Buy consumables or upgrade materials.
>>
>have entirely too much trouble with Lautrec's ganksquad
>beat O&S on first try
how
>>
>>166027070
Drakeblood in DS2 regularly out-damages UGS at half the stat investment, because it gets full bonus from 4 different AR rings and has that stupidly high counter modifier. It's the best weapon in the game if you only have 1 stat to scale with.
>>
>>166027350
Killing ornstein first doesn't count
>>
>>166027316
Are you going to go with the sunbro who is going to blast you in the ass of the dorkwraith who is going to blast you in the ass?
>>
>>166027495
>implying I didn't get my leo ring
>>
>>166027539
How about both?
>>
Is the Great Sword any good in DeS?
>>
>>166026881
at launch there was a tendency to 80 because most people would finish the game at that lvl, but I guess people just want more.
Middle meta stays at 45-55 while for twinking it's usually 15-25
>>
Am I retarded for constantly changing my rings Like every 5 minutes to fit the current situation?
>>
>>166027189
Ds1 was maybe endearing for the time, when most people played it, but as someone who has just played it along with 3, I find the quality drops too significantly later on. After anor londo it feels like a slog to finish it.
>>
File: bige2.jpg (247KB, 1008x1026px) Image search: [Google]
bige2.jpg
247KB, 1008x1026px
>>166027614
It's not good, it's just great.
>>
>>166027614
It's viable but severely outclassed by the DBS. Go Quality or Crushing.
>>
>>166026869
>rip off Berserk but make the Guts sword trash and dont do this
These devs hate video games and they hate fun
>>
Was Loretta Greirat's mommy? Because it says the bone is old
>>
>>166027885
Nana.
>>
>>166008905

A final fight that isn't some godawful anime battle with an anorexic and feeble woman.
>>
>>166027885
>not having a GILF fetish
>>
>>166027690
Yeah, you're retarded.
>>
File: 1484619232481.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484619232481.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>166027985
Don't bully Friede!!
>>
>>166027875

>no Griffith armor
>no skull knight armor
>no options to rape a brown-skinned waifu
>no scene where your character is teleported to a demonic ceremony
>No centaurs/apostles, just rando invaders

I thought memehacki liked Berserk.
>>
>>166026881
>>166026881
but i don't have 40 in vit/end/str/dex

Vituality
39 Vig
30 Vit
35 End
35 Str
35 Dex

Cleric
35 vig
30 att
8 vit
25 end
18 str
16 dex
60 fai
14 int

Sorc
39 vig
30 att
18 vit
20 end
16 str
12 dex
60 intelligence

quallowity
39 vig
11 att
27 end
40 str
40 dex
30 luck (40 with hollow weapons)

faiqual
35 vig
14 att
40 end
25 vit
29 str
25 dex
30 fai

tank
43 vig
40 end
50 vit
35 str
12 dex
>>
Just woke up from last week

We have news for DLC2?
>>
>>166029026
At least two youtubers/streamers will go play something DLC related next week (not sure if it will be part of the areas or another arena event with the weapons) so expect something either next week or in the following ones, when embargo ends.
>>
>>166027885
Greirat is pretty old himself, though.
>>
>>166029197

He only sounds like 50
>>
>>166011612
> controls
The games have nearly identical controls if you're using a controller. The fuck are you talking about?
>>
The only consistent counter to a valorheart is a good shield right? Then bait out the guardbreak WA for combo?
>>
File: Hyperpoise and reset.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hyperpoise and reset.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>166025972
>2HR1: Stronger version of the 1HR1, but only one hit combo
No it isn't. In hundreds of hours that i PvPed with zwei and other UGSes with same 2hr1 i've literally never seen anyone roll out of it after the first hit.
IKUGS has same 2hr1 and does not combo, but that's because it's magic counts as a separate hit.
>>
>>166029467
Is valorheart that good?
>>
>>166014671
wrong, if you set your spawn point to that bonfire before killing them and teleporting to it, it's not actually there
>>
>>166020752
>Note: should Irina not be in her usual location it's because she wandered off and got lost
>cant confirm: she's blind

goodbye sides, we had a good run
>>
What the fuck is this black phantom in Boletaria Palace? The one that comes with two other dudes

he literally broke every piece of equipment I was wearing, even shit that had just been fully repaired
>>
>>166029707
He's using a Scraping Spear, the weapon you get from Phalanx's soul. Every hit does 10 durability damage to everything the target is using. You can break pretty much every katana in six hits.

Fun fact, those three are the inspiration for the Graverobbers in the Sunken King DLC.
>>
>>166009369
I really like tough bosses, and I really like endurance bosses like Yhorm too. But what I don't like is when a boss has so many phases that it doesn't let you fucking learn the last one's moveset. Friede is trash anway, stupid fucking quickass dumb humanoi with a sword.

The boss was almost PERFECT right up until the third phase
>>
>>166022224
right down the road?
>>
>>166029516
I've used it extensively and I can't really find anything that objectively counters me when I use it.

Spears are predictable and can be semi-reliably parried or baited into thinking im going to parry. The new charge meta can give me some trouble if someone is using greatlance of all things. Go figure. It's considered an ultra weapon by the game, so if it hits my shield during block frames I get blockstunned out of my attack animation.

Ultras and greatswords just aren't fast enough to beat the regular straight sword R1s, so I just put the shield away, whip out the caestus and fakeparry so they're too afraid to use rolling attacks, then I can just whittle them down with an R1, then roll out before they hit me.
>>
>>166029969
Right down the road.
>>
>>166029859
Friede's boss fight was fantastic though
>>
File: sJb3PyV.jpg (1MB, 1000x1714px) Image search: [Google]
sJb3PyV.jpg
1MB, 1000x1714px
Your character now has an animal companion like Artorias and Sif or Dragon Fag and Fag Dragon.

What beast is it? Can't be human/humanoid.
>>
>>166029859
>Friede
>with a sword
back to /v/ retard
>>
>>166030145
Boromir so he can drop me into the fight every time.
>>
>>166029849
well that's pretty fucking annoying, apparently my flamberge and club break in the same amount of hits
>>
>>166026881
Because DaS 3's stats are worse than in 2. In 2, you have more stat taxes(stats you want to get only to not get fucked by elemental damage, ADP) which just made the overall meta be much higher and allowed builds that needed less levels to afford various options.

3's issue is that those taxes remain but not for every build. Vitgouging is mandatory in early levels but impossible at high ones since vitgouged stats offer huge returns at low SLs but hardly increase your HP past the softcap and raw weapons are very strong early but very weak by themselves. So every ideal build will stop at one of the softcaps of 27/36/39/44 depending on the SL.
Then we get to faith and intelligence capping at 60 for spells but 40 for weapons, on top of most spells being very bad by themselves.
Then we have stamina costs being greatly reduced, making a lot of weapons work with low end, but some spells and weapons have huge stamina costs AND investment needed, making them waste way more stats than a simplier build would need.
Then we have the end vit split, which is a good thing by itself, but with awfully calculated numbers, to the point GS can stack more poise than GH do and, even with their bigger poise HP, GS still trade with more things.
Then we have the rings, a variant of FaP is still around for some reason taking a ring slot. Every melee ring is optional, except for leo depending on your weapon, while casters need 3 rings and, because how cast speed work and pyros need 40/40 while sorcs/clerics need 60, it's actually impossible to get max cast speed and decent damage from stats alone and I think there are no spells that already come at max speed in 3.

All this adds up to the point where, at SL 80, 100, 120 or whatever else you want the meta to be, some builds will have a significant adavantage over others. Bad balance is from the way stats work and there's no meta where one or more archetypes don't get gimped

So we 120 because it's popular, but most SLs are active.
>>
>>166030145
one of those rock lizards in arch dragon peak
>>
>>166030237
>Because DaS 3's stats are worse than in 2
I will take working scaling system over 2's garbage any day and night.
>>
>>166030145
A big rolling cat
>>
>>166030237
this is why i wish we were all SL801 desu
>>
File: Thoughtful Frog.jpg (115KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
Thoughtful Frog.jpg
115KB, 388x388px
Quick question: If I keep my Soul Level at 80 and go into NG+ will I still be able to match-make with similar leveled players in NG?
>>
>>166030237
>oftcaps of 27/36/39/44
wow, so 40 VIG is not a softcap?
>>
File: Flame_Salamander.png (572KB, 761x576px) Image search: [Google]
Flame_Salamander.png
572KB, 761x576px
>>166030145
Always liked the idea of a pyromancer managing to tame one of these guys.
>>
>>166030145
undead dog. 2 of them ideally
>>
>>166030237
>Every melee ring is optional
much better than ds2's system where you were forced to sacrifice two slots on melee to compete with elemental builds who weren't forced to sacrifice shit
>>
File: Dark Souls.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>166030145

A giant crow.
>>
>>166030531
Yes
>>
File: down we go.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
down we go.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>166030145
Pus of man appearing from my left hand at will.
>>
File: 1408795701450.png (179KB, 442x443px) Image search: [Google]
1408795701450.png
179KB, 442x443px
>DLC2 is going to be fullscale leaked (again)
>Nothing can be done about being spoiled except literally do not go on the internet
>It'll be 2 months after its trailer before it actually comes out
>Trailer will come out 3 weeks from now if Twitter is to be believed
>It'll showcase both bosses that'll be in the DLC and 3 of 4 armor sets and the only ""fun"" weapons in the DLC, all three of which will have generic movesets with unique weapon arts anyway

I cannot remember a time a Miyazaki game has shitposted this hard from start to finish.
>>
>>166030531
yes. Only B Team ever separated NG and NG+, and even they realized that was stupid and changed it, AFAIK.
>>
>>166030145
Raime's Blackbird, motherfucker.

Not sure if that's different from >>166030738, but alas
>>
>>166030904
>I cannot remember a time a Miyazaki game has shitposted this hard from start to finish.
Because you're a part of the problem, fuckwit.
>>
File: 1481946309435.png (178KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1481946309435.png
178KB, 500x281px
>>166030910
>forgetting about gravelords
"muh b team"
fuck off sperg
>>
>>166031040
at least read the post first, you're only bloating his ego like that.
>>
File: 1470101823709.png (151KB, 397x379px) Image search: [Google]
1470101823709.png
151KB, 397x379px
>>166031034
Nice, got him anon
>>
>>166031040
You're an idiot. Gravelords would still connect just fine with NG. They just didn't spawn in phantoms. Their sign would still show up so that you could invade them.
>>
friendly reminder that dlc2 trailer will come out on the 26th (27th for nips) and the DLC itself will most likely be released in the last week of march or first week of april
>>
File: 6fuzKpg.png (220KB, 1644x748px) Image search: [Google]
6fuzKpg.png
220KB, 1644x748px
>>166030532
No.
See pic related. If you want to compare, going from 50 to 99 in 1 and DeS will give you 400 extra HP, in 2, about 200, in 3, 100 hp unembered.
This is not counting rings and other things.

>>166030496
I'm not saying 2 was good in that sense, but 2's stats were slightly more consistent to the point the two more popular metas of 150 and 200 were more accepted. In 2, everything is awful equally, in 3 some things are more awful than others, depending on which types of build you prefer, you'll want a certain meta SL.

>>166030614
I agree, but why do casters don't get the same treatment? Mandatory rings are pretty bad and I'd rather just remove the spell damage rings and boost spell damage to compensate.
>>
>>166031363
i just hope it won't come out at the same time as nioh
>>
>>166031363
>last week of march or first week of april
ugh
>>
File: image.jpg (626KB, 1054x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
626KB, 1054x1500px
Any onebro or low level player willing to do Artorias with me? Doing a dagger only run and he's literally impossible

sl 15 steamid/hidanone/
>>
Is dark souls 3 worth upgrading a PC for? I like DS1 and DS2 mostly so far. I'll be playing other games too though not just DS3
>>
>>166030145
10 undead dogs
>>
File: 1397799758598.jpg (133KB, 618x883px) Image search: [Google]
1397799758598.jpg
133KB, 618x883px
>>166030514
>Taurus Demon slams down
>sweeping operatic music starts playing
>instantly gets fucking steamroll'd off the bridge by a fat cat
>>
>>166031398
>I agree, but why do casters don't get the same treatment
because casters get both good melee weapons (MLGS, onyx, wonlir's) and entire casting system on top of it
if they didn't sacrifice ring slots they would be strictly better than melee builds, especially sorcerers and pyromancers because magic and dark resistances of most people are complete shit and elemental weapons tear shields apart
i do agree that balance between melee and magic right now ain't ideal, but it's sure as fuck better than completely one-sided ds2 elemental system and can be improved simply by making most spells cast faster
>>
>>166031296
>Gravelords would still connect just fine with NG. They just didn't spawn in phantoms. Their sign would still show up so that you could invade them.

Are you serious, lucy?
>>
>>166030145
A liger. An archane steammech liger.
>>
>>166031034
literally what
>>
>>166031492
Yeah. I think so, especially since it brings closure to the series.
>>
File: 1463458192529.png (143KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1463458192529.png
143KB, 500x446px
So what are your favorite areas to invade and at what level do you like to do invasions the most at?
>>
>>166031492
ds3 is a sequel to ds1 which brings its story to an end
if you like ds1, there's a high chance you will like ds3
if you like ds2, lol, not really because ds3 shits on everything ds2 stood for
>>
>>166031978
I mean it's possible that AoA was about Aldia's break the cycle pals if the stabber and crusher memes have any meaning at all, but otherwise yeah holy shit
>>
How are you supposed to get past the dragon at Boletaria? The one that's sitting at the top of the stairs, it flew there after being right on the bridge
>>
>>166032114
>it's possible that AoA was about Aldia's
virtually zero chance
i think it's pretty obvious that those are two other Sisters of Londor, most likely prior to foundation of the Church so they don't yet have the fancy uniform
>>
>>166031729
Do you not understand how Gravelords work or something?
>>
>>166031960
Bonfire after ancient wyvern is pretty easy, drakeblood knight takes care of the host by himself.
>>
>>166032215
But the only sister of the three to reject both serpents was Friede, and we've seen the other two sisters. Yuria will literally whisper Kaathe's name in her dying breath. They're not rebelling against any snakes, m8.
>>
>>166032214
You mean in 1-3?
Pick a side, I suggest hugging the left side, the moment it stops breathing fire, run like the wind.
>>
What's the drop rate on Blue Flames in DS2? I just want my magic sword mane
>>
File: stats.jpg (775KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
775KB, 1920x1080px
Since there seems to be a lot of people having trouble with Dancer at low levels, here's a fucking guide for all you dunces who can't into TAPPING DAT BOOTY BRUH

To be honest, all you need really is dark hand and nothing else, but since some faggots are so awful this will show all the crutches to make it easier
>start warrior/knight/whatever the fuck you want (if you start with a class that has no attunement slots then rescue Irina and buy the ring from her)
>choose life ring as starting gift because you're a little bitch
>get on the top level of firelink with the tree jump and loot the shard + happy merchant ring from the chest
>tp to high wall
>smash mimic's face for deep battle axe
>get the estus shard on the high wall
>kill vordt with the battle axe
>talk to Emma and tp to the undead settlement
>recruit Yoel
>snatch the estus shard from evangelist in settlement
>rush to dilapidated bridge bonfire
>get the undead bone shard and mortician's ashes while avoiding arrows from the big guy
>tp back to firelink
>upgrade your estus with items you got
>talk to the happy merchant Yoel and draw your strength 5 times (level VIG and END)
>reload the area and buy the D A R K H A N D from the nicest lady in the world Yuria
>give Handmaid the ashes and buy human pine resin, talisman and heal aid miracle (equip and attune that crap)
>go to dancer's room and kill Emma
>ember up and equip dark hand in your right hand
>have human pine resin on your quick use bar and use it, you'll get "no can't do animation"
>while that animation is playing use the talisman to cast the miracle
>when the miracle is casting spam that estus faggot
>WOOW, you just abused a glitch and applied resin to unbuffable weapon
>SMASH DANCER'S ASS

Fight showcase:
https://my.mixtape.moe/dzwnyd.webm
not perfect because that was my first try and I'm not autistic enough to rollback my save and do it again just because I got hit
>>
>>166032283
Interesting, I've never tried invading in that area but it sounds like fun.
>>
>>166032318
nobody is saying that they are rebelling
the point of that mural is that Hollows afraid of fire are reaching out to sisters of Londor who inherited the last wish of Serpents
>>
>>166031960
Corvian Settlement at 120. Got 99+ tongues on three different characters in the couple of weeks after release.
>>
File: 1478614970965.png (982KB, 868x912px) Image search: [Google]
1478614970965.png
982KB, 868x912px
>>166031296
>the main draw of the entire covenant didn't work in NG
>i-it worked fine in NG
neck yourself
>>
>>166032362
Not great, but the guys inf. generate so farming is quick.
>>
>>166031960
the most easy mode area to invade is archdragon peak's second bonfire and ariandel
ariandel allows to starve hosts from all their resources because there's zero fog walls all the way to friede
>>
>>166032475
>the point of that mural is that Hollows afraid of fire are reaching out to sisters of Londor who inherited the last wish of Serpents
>by stabbing one and crushing the other
>"stabber and crusher" written at the bottom of the mural
>>
>>166032351
1-4*, my bad.
>>
File: question mark loli.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
question mark loli.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
What's the best infusement for twinswords?
>>
>>166032612
Raw.
>>
>>166032507
The main draw was the PvP. You didn't get any rewards or even notifications of the phantoms you spawned doing anything. They only existed to help pester people into finding your sign and invading you.
>>
>>166032587
ever heard about apprentices surpassing their masters?
nothing tells that they went against the wishes of Serpents, just usurped the power for reasons we don't know right now
>>
>>166032486
Really? Hot damn, that sounds like a good spot.

>>166032586
I like the way you think
>>
>>166031486
Anyone?
>>
>>166032612
Blood
>>
>>166031729
That's how it works. It's not common since gravelords only infect within their level range and anyone who actually knows how it works will be in NG+ ranges, but I've been gravelorded in NG plenty of times. The sign appears, you don't get black phantoms, you'll see the disasters are gone message if someone else takes care of it.

Lucy's a fag, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>166032807
It probably isn't any more. The week after release just had literal non-stop four man parties running through the zone.
>>
>>166032475
What mural are you guys talking about? I can't find any image online of it at all and I've never seen it ingame
>>
>>166032351
Yeah in 1-4, I don't have nearly enough time to get all the way over before it starts breathing again and the shit one shots me, am I supposed to arrow the dragon until it goes away?
>>
>>166032902
>>166015639
>>
>>166032886
Well yeah that area in particular might not be such a hot spot anymore but with the way invasions work, you're more likely to get matched up with a host who has phantoms with him anyways. I mean no matter where I invade, I go into it with the mindset that I'm going to have to fight 2+ people every time. That's usually what it ends up being anyways.
>>
>>166030614
>compete with elemental builds
Who were forced to sacrifice damage because everyone smart has over 500 resistances.
>>166031398
Jeez, why couldn't they just make vigor give you set amount of hp every 10 levels? What's the point of this abomination of scaling?
>>
File: 534.jpg (223KB, 1968x1424px) Image search: [Google]
534.jpg
223KB, 1968x1424px
>>166032792
This is called reaching, anon.

>No no, they're not rebelling, they're inheriting
>By literally stabbing one serpent and crushing the other?
>Y-yeah they're just usurping their power dude

If you have a singular concrete reason to believe this, say that instead of shitposting. Otherwise, a mural that depicting two figures butchering two snakes with the adjectives literally put into words at the bottom of the mural is concrete enough for anyone who gives a shit about the story to say "Huh, these guys are killing the serpents, judging by the Kaathe circlejerk in Londor it's probably not either of the other sisters"
>>
>>166031716
Non dark infused weapons are shit and will never compare to how strong those were in 2.
And those weapons already do. I can make a build at most SLs with MLGS or Onyx to have about as much poise, health and other stats as a a WKGS one, with the benefits of the spells that don't care too much for damage, like regen on the onyx one or GMS on the mlgs one. They'd likely even be strictly better than the physical one, like how dark builds are popular versus turtles. And in fact, these builds are so much better than magic now, that they're more popular due to freeing 2-3 ring slots, a lot of att levels while being good at melee with some side support.

If you want to do good damage with a spear, you use one slot for leo. Good criticals, one slot for hornet. Hyper mode, one slot for RTSR. The only other type of build that needs more are poise monsters with havel's and wolf's. And, of course, casters needing 3 rings, one of which makes low level spellcasting pointless, on top of pure magic not being a usable build compared to others. Casters have: smaller weapon selection, far less ringslots, gimped vig or end to make up for att investment, less defenses against bundles, wasted stats if not pyros since weapons scale badly post 40, less poise for the few good weapons they get, like onyx, mlgs and tinder. Their advantages are better dark/magic resists and the spells, but the spells are not good enough to make up for all those disadvantages.

The problem with 2's system was, as I said above, how defenses worked. The Meta SL was bigger than it should be because you'd want to go 20/20 on int/fth to actually get good defenses even if you never used those stats
>>
File: sf2.png (174KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
sf2.png
174KB, 720x720px
>>
>>166032404
>how2beat danca
>jsut cheat, lmoa
i'll admit this much though, those were some pretty good numbers
>>
>>166010815
DS2 was a confusing mess lorewise. My headcanon is that it's not a physical location, but is a dream inside the cursed greatwood. You can go inside the dreams of giant trees in DS2 and you get lucatiel's sword from the tree's soul. The DS2 opening cinematic has the player being sucked into a portal activated by brightbugs that fly off this important looking tree. So in my head, the player was actually sucked into this tree's dream- which has been explored and entered/colonized by various people from the outside world. Like the initial trailers say, drangleic is a place people went in search of a cure to the curse. And we succeed at the end so I suppose the dream served it's purpose.
>>
File: MHGen-Uragaan_Render_001.png (149KB, 862x529px) Image search: [Google]
MHGen-Uragaan_Render_001.png
149KB, 862x529px
>>166010330
>this chin
>>
>>166033053
If you want to arrow him, you gotta do like pic related.
I suggest getting PFS or Water Veil to lessed the damage. It is possible to run from the base of stairs all the way up without taking damage, if I could record a webm of it right now I'd do it, believe me. Try to analyze the timing of the flames, the moment the (your) left to right attack goes away from your side, run. Rolling like mad once you're near the top helps also, though be careful as it has a directly below fire attack.
>>
No boss has ever made me as angry as Sister Friede
I hate this bitch so much
>>
File: CoFn3G3UsAAjAMu.jpg (20KB, 426x187px) Image search: [Google]
CoFn3G3UsAAjAMu.jpg
20KB, 426x187px
>>166033190
>If you have a singular concrete reason to believe this
Japanese Yuria's death dialogue confirms that she still follows Kaathe's wish.
Entire Londor civilization in general is built around the ideas of Serpents.
Friede still follows the ideology of Londor in Painted World so for her to have a mural depicting an actual rejection of ideas of the Serpents is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>166033431
Before that people would just summon the fucking sword master to do the whole job for them and that was even scummier way to kill her.
>>
>>166033431
Some anons were talking about it yesterday and I walked in having no fucking clue what I was doing, didn't even know about the buff glitch, still got 187 a hit with literally no stamina drain

Don't need the buff for it to be dumb

>>166033458
>DS2 was a confusing mess lorewise.

It was if you care about some of the minor bosses like Mytha or the Rat fuckers

The overall story and big boss stories make a million times more sense than Dark Souls 3's does.
>>
File: DeS Dragon Biorr.jpg (320KB, 477x2197px) Image search: [Google]
DeS Dragon Biorr.jpg
320KB, 477x2197px
>>166033551
Whoops, forgot pic.
>>
>>166033782
>Biorr

well that's another NPC I missed
>>
>>166030219
>a curved sword at the end of a stick is no longer a sword

Leave, dumb frogposter!

>>166030098
It was fantastic up until the third shitphase. The first phase was okay. Nothing amazing but it worked. Second phase with father ariendel? That's some goood shit right there. Third phase is just fucking bad. Muh super quick insta forever chain combos, muh fucking black flame shit. It was ass.

My biggest problem was how fucking awesome the ariendel and friede phase of the fight was, with the fire and the flames and the ice- and then instead of increasing the epic scale, it's literally just Friede with a black flame buff. When I hard the voice talking again, I was expecting Father Ariendel and Friede to fuse into the fucking abyss dragon. I was thinking FUCK YEAAAHHH HERE WE GO I UNLOCKED THE FINAL BOSS

And then it was just a THIRD PHASE ass bullshit with some little dancing mage twat throwing black fire at me
>>
>>166033458
>My headcanon is that it's not a physical location, but is a dream inside the cursed greatwood
that's actually a pretty cool theory
>>
So what's the most fun souls game to replay over and over for you guys? For me it's 3.
>>
>>166034000
>a curved sword at the end of a stick is no longer a sword
it's not though. doesn't look like a sword, isn't used like a sword and makes no sense in a battle, unlike a sword
>>
>>166034474
3 is very fun to replay
even more so when you understand that it's possible to skip 90% of Settlement and reach out DLC very quickly for fun 1-stat weapons or get MLGS literally in one hour
>>
>>166034474
Bloodborne
>>
>>166034474
SotFS, simply because 2 is so fucking long and there are so many different ways to progress.
>>
>>166033627
>Japanese Yuria's death dialogue confirms that she still follows Kaathe's wish.
Correct.

>Entire Londor civilization in general is built around the ideas of Serpents.
Correct.

>Friede still follows the ideology of Londor in Painted World
Correct, out of rejection for the outside world and its cycle. This is how Vaati confused the entirety of reddit and a large portion of /dsg/ into thinking that letting the painting rot was the equivalent of linking the fire, and that letting the painting burn was the equivalent of leaving the kiln.

She failed Londor despite Kaathe's tutelage, which is her primary reason for leaving and landing in the Painted World. Her primary motivation for letting the painting rot by the time you get to her is that she actually can do what Kaathe told her she could do in the painting. If she says "fuck fire forever", as long as she's strong enough to hold her ground and keep the fire sated in the painting, she can *actually* have an eternally rotting painting. The prophecy Ariandel quotes mentions that if another Unkindled comes around, the flame is gonna go ape shit, which is why she tries so hard to get you the fuck out before actually fighting you.

By residing in the Painted World as an Unkindled AND as a sister of Londor, she's already made the statement threefold that she doesn't give a shit about the outside world and its cycle. Her "following the ideology of Londor in the Painted World" is following the ideology of someone who wants to break the cycle, except she has the knowledge that it doesn't work in the world outside the painting. Kaathe might've sincerely wanted to break the cycle himself, but he's gotten it wrong 3 times before and the Londor ending is no different. It's just extending an artificial Age of Dark and isn't actually creating one.

If not for the text at the bottom of the painting, I think you'd have a case. "It's Friede keeping a mural of her sisters holding onto the serpents." But that's not the case.
>>
>>166034474
BB. Practically every weapon feels unique and is viable. It has a randomly generated end game dungeons if you ever get bored of the base game. Weight limits don't exist so you can pick you weapons and fashion entirely on their function instead of their weight. It is the best looking in the series. It's atmosphere is second only to DeS's. PvP healing is actually balanced. Etc.
>>
>>166033683
Not really. Timelinewise it's very hard to make sense of things. We still don't understand how the first flame became the throne of want or know anything about who or what the giants are.

What's with the broken lordvessel in majula? If the Old Iron King was a failed monarch who existed before Vendrick, then how the hell did he get possessed by Gwyn's returning ancient soul and turned into ichorous earth in the old one's souls only re-emerge after the fire is fading?

Like timeline wise.

Old Iron King

His kingdom goes kaput because he becomes a demon

Vendrick comes along

Builds his kingdom

Borrows some of the OIK's soldiers since he don't need them

Vendrick pussies out and decides not to link the flame/sit the throne

souls of old re-emerge

But the old reason the old iron kingdom collapsed is because Gwyn's Soul of Cinder re-emerged which can only happen AFTER Vendrick pussies out

So... ???

And why the fuck is SEATH a great soul re-emerging? He just had a fucking fragment of gwyn's soul and all of a sudden he's as powerful as all the other lords? STILL NO EXPLANATION ABOUT THE DARK SOUL

And if manus is the dark soul and his daughters are the souls of old re-emerging thing then how the fuckings does that even make any sense
>>
>>166034673
>If not for the text at the bottom of the painting
this text was never intended to be seen by players
besides, society of Hollows is depicted as society fraught with deceit, backstabbing their own teachers and usurping their power the moment they show a sign of weakness goes pretty well with it
>>
>people trying to decipher lore when big M himself said he just makes shit up as he goes along

true autism
>>
Are these usually no phantom to be summoned at Road Of Sacrifices?

I keep getting shredded here. Any tips?
>>
>>166035589
Kill the guys before they transform into bigbirds.
>>
>>166035220
Who was that guy that played DS3 and unironically said something along the lines of "WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS? Whats he trying to tell me?"
>>
>>166034664
>there are so many different ways to progress

This was something that I feel 3 dropped the ball on, if you kill the dancer early you can't even access the archives and you have to do the CotD before you can enter Irithyll and Irithyll is your first real choice of 2 paths but one will fuck up Siegward's and/or Greirat's quests if you go there too soon.
>>
>>166034474
Ds3. Fast gameplay, good distribution of weapons/spells, great bosses, fun levels with well though out encounters.
>>
>>166035589
Hold circle and forward
>>
>>166035694
Yeah but I keep getting my shit pushed back in at the bridge.
>>
anyone up for Aldrich on the ps4?
Having some trouble with him on my sorcery guy
>>
>>166035018
OIK is a special case. The soul did not possess him while he was king, Smelter Demon killed him, threw him into the lava, and deep within the lava he was transformed into a demon. Gwyn's soul came later and has nothing to do with it.

As for Seath, the Lord Soul Shard is still a separate soul from Gywn's, it's been split off. Souls grow in power over time and souls collected, so it's not unreasonable to think Seath's eventually did too.
>>
>>166035779
>This was something that I feel 3 dropped the ball on
DS3 has way larger individual levels with a lot more options available immediately after start or during the first 2 hours of gameplay than any other souls game. Even levels have multiple routes for exploration sometimes, depending on what your build needs.

SotFS also fucked up freedom of exploration with excess of branches and petrified corpses.
>>
>>166035831
Lure them out 1 at a time with bow or alternatively rush past them to get to the bonfire that is right past them.
>>
>>166036072
>SotFS also fucked up freedom of exploration with excess of branches and petrified corpses.

That annoyed me more than anything.
>>
>>166035589
If you can aggro the small guys one at a time, even in bird form they're not that intimidating. A blow helps with that, you can plink them from a distance until they transform and rush at you.

The bow can also be used to stun-lock the staff guys if they're about to do the shriek that automatically transforms and aggros all the small guys.
>>
>>166036072
Really? Ds3 feels really linear to me but that's why I like replaying it so much
>>
Is boulder heave objectively worse than havel's ring?
What if my final build doesn't use the ring?
>>
>>166036138
>>166036267
Alright I'll try the bow strat, thanks anons.
>>
Anyone who wants to help me with the rotten one on PC? Soul memory is 22 according to the calc
>>
>>166036346
It has a linear level progression (that can be avoided to some extent as you can skip entirety of Settlement or like 50% of catacombs then return back later when you acquired what you need for your build) but a lot more options on those levels.
>>
>>166035018
When was the first flame ever the throne of want?
Where the fuck are you getting this souls of old re-emerge shit?
They're just remnants. Pieces left behind. Excuses to include shit from DS1.

I feel like you're mixing up shitty headcanon and confusing yourself.
I mean jesus christ
>timeline wise
Fuck off and make sure you send more money to Vaati. The writers and devs are simply not that fucking keen. There are some ok stories, but people can meme all they want at the end of the day shit in DS3/DS2 is there because it was popular in DeS, DS1 and Bloodborne, not by any intention to create a coherent storyline.

I think Nameless and Old Demon King were the only plotlines in DS3 that actually had a logical conclusion planned instead of fucking around with "AYE ANAL RODEO ARCHERS XD" or "LE AGE OF THE DEEP SEA, MUH NIGGA ELDRITCH FUCK I MEAN ALDRICH" until pulling the obvious endless cycle shit.
>>
>>166036359
boulder heave is pretty funny, and if you're not planning on using havels, why not?
>>
File: 1429433637423.png (133KB, 808x637px) Image search: [Google]
1429433637423.png
133KB, 808x637px
>>166035018
>Timelinewise it's very hard to make sense of things.

It is in any Souls game.

>We still don't understand how the first flame became the throne of want

It's not the first flame, it just links it (apparently -- that's what EH says.). It is still functionally different than just linking the fire from the kiln, if the Soul of Cinder's descriptions are to be believed. How is up to you, but that's a discrepancy brought by DS3, not DS2.

>Old Iron King
>His kingdom goes kaput because he becomes a demon
>Vendrick comes along

Incorrect. Vendrick gave the Old Iron King his crown, so while Old Iron King's kingdom could be older than Vendricks, they were alive and allies during the Old Iron King's reign.

>Vendrick pussies out and decides not to link the flame/sit the throne

Because of his lack of want to fight his waifu, yeah.

>souls of old re-emerge
>why the fuck is SEATH a great soul re-emerging?

Seath's mortality was likely because he had a soul, hence every single line pertaining to Seath says "HE NEVER KNEW WHAT HE DIDNT HAVE", as in "tongue-in-cheek, he just had a soul over every other dragon". Note the research that drove him mad was over soul magic, which he is the progenitor of and is credited as such (not to mention being the symbol of the most prominent soul magic school in the Dark Souls world).

His soul makes a comeback in DS3, too. It's the only ""great soul"" that does.

>STILL NO EXPLANATION ABOUT THE DARK SOUL

What do you want to hear about it that'd be an explanation beyond manus?

>And if manus is the dark soul and his daughters are the souls of old re-emerging thing then how the fuckings does that even make any sense

I'm not sure what you mean. Manus, Father of the Abyss, exploded into a million pieces after CU crushed him to save Dusk. These pieces formed, and the earliest ones to gain sentience and form were the ones we fight in DS2. Presumably, the Abyss Watchers took up the mantle after the Bearer of the Curse was finished.
>>
>>166036468
sotfs?
>>
>>166036654
Indeed.
>>
why and how did allant turn into a slug?
why and how did aldritch turn into a supposed slug?
>>
>>166036072
>a lot more options available immediately after start or during the first 2 hours of gameplay than any other souls game
In the first 2 hours of DaS1, you could go to New Londo and suicide run for goodies, or go straight to Blighttown to kill Quelaag, or go down the tower to kill Havel in Undead Burg, and continue through into Darkroot and get the Divine Ember or Covenant of Artorias for early 4kings.

That's a lot more options than trying to twink into Lothric Castle, or go straight to Undead Settlement.

>>166036359
I always get Havel's simply because Boulder Heave's only saving grace is its ability to stagger. The long windup time and short range make it shit otherwise.
>>
File: sad-boy-desktop-background.jpg (85KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sad-boy-desktop-background.jpg
85KB, 1920x1200px
>last DLC coming up
>only one chance for them to bring a Bone Fist like weapon
>they probably won't
>>
>>166036734
It was too much. Their bodies couldn't take it
>>
>>166036712
All my characters in scholar sit around 3,5kk SM, sorry bud.
>>
>>166036738
>In the first 2 hours of DaS1, you could go to New Londo and suicide run for goodies, or go straight to Blighttown to kill Quelaag, or go down the tower to kill Havel in Undead Burg, and continue through into Darkroot and get the Divine Ember or Covenant of Artorias for early 4kings.
None of those allow you to make boss weapons. None of those give you as much options as DS3 for any build you want.
>>
>>166036771
i'd rather have a whatever fist weapon Crusher uses
given that Crusher is probably Liliane, she most likely has some bonefist-like weaponry
>>
>>166036206
>when you actually agree with Luci for once
there was no need for those petrified shitters, if you really want to lock content off just put a fucking locked door there, don't make pretend like you're giving players some sort of freedom of choice with whether they use a branch or not, since some are all but essential
>>
>>166036941
>given that Crusher is probably Liliane, she most likely has some bonefist-like weaponry
hahaha holy fuck upvoted
>>
Where is this stabber and crusher thingy people are on about?
>>
>>166036970
It may have been acceptable if beating the last boss on NG unocked an infinite use branch or something.
>>
>>166036814
how though? why didn't their bodies just fail, functions stopped?
>>
So I just finished my first build on ds3 (quality) and want to do another one. Thinking hp regen faith tank. Is it any good? If it isn't I might just do a Pyro knight.
>>
File: 1478132981217.jpg (554KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478132981217.jpg
554KB, 1920x1080px
>>166036941
>given that Crusher is probably Liliane
>>
Given that the Crusher is probably Artorias, I'm really interested in seeing what they do with another rendition of his weapon.
>>
>>166037212
regen build is better as hollow build with anri's straight sword
pyro knight is funnier
>>
>>166036479
>Old Demon King
>Plotline with logical conclusion

what
>>
>>166037212
Its good, use the lyods ring because you'll constantly be at full hp.
>>
Given that the crusher is probably Eingyi, he most likely has some cool ass pyromancies.
>>
>tfw build dex/faith build
Want to light my blades rather than throw lightning bolts

Help with stats, m8s. I'm using a knight
>>
I'm fucking done with this general. Holy fucking shit you guys are beyond helping. You're like pigs who roll around in your own shit and shit in eachothers faces and then spitting it out at eachother. Every thread for months has been people throwing shitposts and memes at eachother. People derailing threads for the sake of arguing and stomping out whatever tastes they don't like, and autists giving shitposters the time of day by replying.
You're all immature faggots and ruined one of the only things about this website that keeps making me come regularly. Shitposting between both sides of anything have completely destroyed /dsg/ in its entirety and I don't see how /dsg/ can recover from this if it doesn't stop. You're all cancer and /dsg/'s on its death bed.

Have a last recc from me. /dsg/ general belongs in the /trash/ with this level of shitposting and flaming, not /vg/.
>>
File: laughing sandwich.jpg (26KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
laughing sandwich.jpg
26KB, 218x265px
>>166035176
>this text was never intended to be seen by players

Now this is lore discussion.
>>
>>166036072
Decent level design doesn't make a linear game any less linear. I still end up fighting bosses in the same order because there's little to no reason to do things any other way. SotFS may have gone overboard with the statues but once you unlocked the shaded woods the game really opened up, and you could open the shaded woods pretty damn early.
>>
>>166037616
>You're like pigs who roll around in your own shit and shit in eachothers faces and then spitting it out at eachother
This is the integrity of 4chan, anon.
>>
>>166037616
LMAO GUD RIDDANCE FAG ROFL XDD
>>
>>166037616
See you next week.
>>
File: 1483407030466.jpg (22KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483407030466.jpg
22KB, 344x500px
>tfw you realize ds3 has build variety
Neato
>>
File: poo.jpg (221KB, 1065x627px) Image search: [Google]
poo.jpg
221KB, 1065x627px
>>166037524
You can lower your END if you're a faggot and pump more fth.
>>
>>166037616
I just started souls games and just got here. Seems better than most generals to me.
>>
Given that the Crusher is probably the Rat King, I am really excited to get my hands on some rat techniques in the DLC.
>>
File: 374320_20170119115513_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170119115513_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>dead crows and a charred deer

The fuck is his problem?
>>
File: me irl.jpg (61KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
me irl.jpg
61KB, 990x660px
Why does falling onto enemies do so shit damage?

Like in PVP you wait host and summon to ride up the elevator. You plunge down on them. You do like 2*2H swing damage.

This shit sucks.
>>
File: 1484434651764.png (194KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
1484434651764.png
194KB, 448x468px
>>166037616
>>
>>166032782
Then what the fuck is the point of gravelording people if it's just ebin reverse invasions?
>>
>>166038098
He's a filthy pyromancer, thats what.
>>
>>166037359
The Demons began when the chaos bitch fucking BBQ'd her entire fucking family and twisted life itself.

In DS1 shit is all fucked up by demons, they're everywhere.
In DS2 there's less of them since you're not at the disaster site, but there are still themes of dudes getting turned into demons and that bug that fucks with the Lost Sinner.

DS3 demons are all fucked up because the flame is now going out. The ones you meet are slowly turning to stone, their life force vanishing. You find their King - the strongest of them left - amongst a piles of his brethrens corpses and slay him.

There's a beginning, middle, and satisfying conclusion to the story of the Demons.
>>
>>166038191
more fightss
>>
>>166037887
Thanks, my dude. I'll sacrifice some END and VIT for FTH and how it works.
>>
>>166037616
>stomping out tastes they don't like
Maybe if you're a thin skinned faggot that can't take banter.

DaS > SOTFS > DS3 > DS2 > DeS > Lost Izalith (both games).

Bloodborne can fuck off and go be its own thing, the God damn Lovecraft niggers ruined DS3.
>>
>>166038098
smelly dumb pyromancer scum
>>
>>166037212
>Thinking hp regen faith tank.

Doable at low levels but HP regen is pretty meh at high levels unless you go nuts and do something like the sun princess ring + ethereal oak shield + Anri's ss + blessed weapon + a regen miracle &/or a chime's healing WA.
>>
>>166038467
>Bloodborne ruined DS3

DS3 should never have existed in the first place, it couldn't have been anything but ruined.

Dark Souls' ending is conclusive enough.

>DS2 better than DeS

nevermind
>>
>>166038098
>live in a swamp
>their clothing takes things from nature
>are abhorred as abberrations of nature by other people
They're basically the druids of Dark Souls. Why would they not slaughter deer and crows?
>>
File: 1417339787279.jpg (91KB, 856x856px) Image search: [Google]
1417339787279.jpg
91KB, 856x856px
>>166038274
>"Chaos is infinite", says DS1
>"Chaos is infinite", says DS2
>"Just kidding, Profaned Flame is infinite, Chaos died fucking forever ago", says DS3

such kewl satisfy story xD
>>
>>166038647
So if I go nuts then it's actually decent?
>>
>>166038685
Fine, I'll bump it over if only off of the establishing themes/characters and sick OST.

But that game gets nostalgia fag'd hardcore.
>>
>>166038879
>nostalgia

I'm playing it right now for the first time, the level and world design blows DS2 out of the water
>>
>>166038843
Bountiful Sunlight is a beastly regen spell, very underrated. Just be careful with Duel Charms.
>>
>>166038768
>the flame that all life spawned from isn't infinite, it will inevitably go out
>this bastard offspring that came about from fucking with it is infinite

Where the fuck did you read that? Where did it even say the Propane flame is infinite?
>>
>>166038843
Yes, but you're looking at some investment in luck to make Anri's straight sword worthwhile.
>>
>>166039027
If you're hit by a duel charm mid regen, you actually heal all it'd have done instantly.
>>
>>166039025
You're not playing then. DeS is shit nowadays
>>
>>166038768
You kill bed of chaos.
>>
>>166037616
So you're new to this general right?
>>
>>166038843
Don't need to go crazy. Take a blessed weapon, use the sun princess ring, cast a regen miracle, and you're fine. Regen shield/blessed shield is optional.
>>
>>166039243
I'm having a good time, the bosses are a lot easier (except for maneaters), but I wouldn't call it shit.

Definitely feels a lot bigger, I've been playing for like 20 hours and haven't even explored shrine of storms or valley of diflement
>>
>>166039025
World design yeah, but I don't really get why people got so assblasted about DS2s level design.

Forest of the Fallen Giants is great, No Mans Wharf, Lost Bastille, Tseldora, most of the DLC even though IK experiments with vertical which I dislike. That torch shit with the Pits where you slowly reveal the entire area then fight some bitch for her sexy open back dress.

I think it's more that some places are ugly as shit because they fucked up textures and the lighting.

Fucking Sunken King is 10/10.
>>
>>166008905
Not sure exactly what I want out of the fight, but I do hope they put Liliane in the dlc.
>>
>>166039287
Chaos seems fine in DS2.
>>
>>166039107
you wish
>>
>>166039942
Didn't another incarnation of the Witch try to create a first flame again and revive it?
>>
What does primordial serpent's other end look like?
>>
>>166040075
Let's go with that theory. Why didn't she do it again in DS3? Why is DS3's chaos suddenly irredeemable?
>>
>>166038695
aren't druids nature hippies?
>>
>>166040124
Based on some of the acrobatics we see them perform they presumably don't have an other end. They just loop around the entire world.
>>
>>166039731
Wharf is one of the best levels Souls has to offer.
>>
What do i change to stop sucking cock in pvp?
>>
Anyone tried out 20/40 int/fai? Its pretty neat for a sunless talisman build using dark/normal miracles. Same can be down with 40/20 for dark/normal sorceries.
>>
>>166039942
>Chaos seems fine in DS2.
there's a disturbing lack of demons with chaotic origins. smelters are constructs and covetous is supposedly transformed by his blueballs. not sure about semen of dong, but the only chaos in ds2 is under eleum loyce and that seems like a fragment
>>
>>166040434
Cut Endurance, the soft cap is at 20 and any points beyond that are shit.

Stop wearing heavy armor, that shit is worthless in PVP and arguably almost as worthless in PVE.

Wear a Ring of Blades, if you're going a quality build why aren't you using the ring that increases your physical damage?
>>
>>166040572
>but the only chaos in ds2 is under eleum loyce and that seems like a fragment
I'm not sure what you think that means but the lack of explanation makes this sound repulsive.
>>
>>166040739
b-but heavy armor is my fashion
what should i swap for rob tho? i didn't feel like 40 damage would do much on zwei
>>
>>166040434
where are you pvping bro?
>>
>>166041080
arena
>>
Why do all Souls games MUST contain a swamp ?

Obligatoree REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>166040572
Demon of Song is the mutated head/soul of that one guy that bound himself to the door of the Femnito he caught.

IIRC his soul split because on one hand he knew and regretted kidnapping the femnito and on the other hand he really wanted that sweet hot demi-god pussy.
>>
>>166040861
the forces of chaos is a handful of knights and king? who don't even have have chaotic origins, they just got burned a bit and went insane or whatever. the lack of explanation is because i have no formulated argument, it's just how i felt about it. is the only thing left of the bed of chaos a couple of intertwining roots?
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (537KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
537KB, 1920x1080px
>>166041137
>>
>>166039731
the early levels and DLC are good but it really shits the bed hard after shrine of winter imo
>>
>>166041185
The amount of lava hell down there is way more than the Bed of Chaos had flowing when we got down there. You think that's a fragment, but can't explain why.

Bed of Chaos went wild. The roots and shit were eaten by the insane amount of lava and other contents it was birthing. Killing it in DS1 didn't stop it. Killing its temporary champion in DS2, apparently, did. This is not a satisfying end in DS3.
>>
File: 1483687902697.png (375KB, 408x719px) Image search: [Google]
1483687902697.png
375KB, 408x719px
>>166041272
>pulling all that shit there
>not using quickstep weapon
>>
>>166041137
Because FROM knows people like to cosplay as Shrek.
>>
what is the creepiest place in dark souls 2?

for me it's undead crypt, really spooky
>>
>>166041375
>This is not a satisfying end

This sums up how most of the Souls lore so far.
>>
FIGHT CLUB
>>
>>166039731
Tseldora is fucking shit because it's designed in a way that it's impossible to navigate back up physically.

Fofg, Wharf and Bastille are actually good levels but unfortunately there are a million shit levels after those 3 good earlygame levels.

>>166039025
>>166039243

I think DeS is a janky piece of poo but generally it did level design pretty well.
Valley of Defilement is pretty bad though and 5-1 is pretty much as bad as The Gutter and 5-2 feels even more simplistic than Farron Swamp.
>>
>>166041551
I could host one, but it's gonna be smouldering lake
>>
>>166041509
I think most things in DS3 were satisfying ends if you look at them from DS1 to DS3's perspective. If you remove DS2 from any and all equations, it seems like an okay sequel with tons of fanservice, whether or not it's a bad thing. Put DS2 in and yeah, DS3 suddenly is fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1386005463451.png (202KB, 863x431px) Image search: [Google]
1386005463451.png
202KB, 863x431px
>>166041137
no souls swamp is as bad as sewers in shadow tower abyss
>>
>>166041272
hell.jpg

Although Blighttown was much worse
Don't get me started on Valley of Defilement
>>
>>166041672
>Why do you faggots insist on shitty meme locations?

You want a black gulch and TotG FC too?
>>
>>166041480
Things Betwixt was pretty spooky when I first started walking around and noticed how shit movement felt
>>
How effective are the clutch rings in pvp? Wiki says 15% extra damage.
>>
>>166040124
They don't have an end, all the serpents just come out of the same giant ball of flesh like a bunch've tentacles
>>
>>166041690
>Put DS2 in and yeah, DS3 suddenly is fucking garbage.
no
ds2's lore makes no sense
ds3 provides a way more logical conclusion to virtually every theme they share
>>
>>166040124
>2nd head
or
>they are actually one serpent-headed abyss hydra
pick one
>>
>>166041767
>Although Blighttown was much worse
Nah. Revisited Blighttown 3 days ago, it's a fucking heaven compared to Farron swamp. Especially pursuers-casting giants or face-raping goats, like what the fuck.
>>
>>166041424
>SOME BODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WORLD IS GOING TO ROLL ME THAT I AINT THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED.
>>
>one hollow waiting at the bell
>another hollow that comes around and head straights to the bell
>ANOTHER hollow that comes up from the ground
Fucking SOTFS
>>
>>166041786
>optional location that you can clear without even touching the boss
>lots of flat surfaces
Makes you think.
>>
>>166041480
Eleum Loyce was pretty spooky with the snowstorm because you couldn't see ahead of you properly.
>>
>>166041878
Okay, but this discussion has spanned the entire thread and it's clear that DS2's lore was functional within the Dark Souls universe, whereas DS3's is not -- especially if you use any of the things you learn from DS2 as any kind of groundwork for 3, which is what we're talking about. Stay with the conversation, anon.

>>166041480
Shaded Woods 100%.
>>
How and where do I co-op in SotFS? thanks
>>
>>166042165
>ds2's lore was functional with ds1
>old dragonslayer
>nito's katana
>Seath's Soul under a dragon's corpse
>>
>>166042294
you put down a white sign in any area that has online activity enabled, which is pretty much anywhere other than boss arenas
np
>>
>>166042365
>old dragonslayer
left AL to find nameless king
continued in das3
>nito's katana
just no
>seath' soul
is not there
>>
>>166042024
>awful areas for fighting and spawns
>wide open areas encouraging passive faggotry
>water allows lightning bolts abuse
>>
>>166041985
It's the contrary for me. Still I needed 10 hours to get out of Farron swamp the first time.
I still get lost in Blighttown, I still get nightmares.
>>
>>166042365
>Old Dragonslayer meme

I'm pretty sure the yhorg pasta has been posted like 18 times in the past 3 weeks because of this exact meme.

>nito's katana

You mean agdayne's?

>Seath's Soul under a dragon's corpse

>>166036557
>>
File: I am the new cancer.png (1MB, 1745x792px) Image search: [Google]
I am the new cancer.png
1MB, 1745x792px
Am I cancer enough for the cancer club?

I felt bad at first but everyone i have invaded has been in way of the blue with at least one phantom.
>>
>>166040434
I'd powerstance with GS or a GA
>>
>>166042519
>hiding character name and face

This is it. This is the new level of autism i've been looking for.
>>
>>166042519
guys like these made me get better at the game, thanks bro
>>
>>166042519
>grass crest

Is this DaS 1?
>>
>>166042365
How come when people say "le ds2 lore is 2 complicated :((" they don't ever ask about any of the things that don't fucking make sense, like Rat King or Sinh's soul
>>
>seeing some caestus parry shitter become visibly annoyed after they notice you're using a GH
never gets old
>>
>>166041641
Bruh I'm sorry there aren't like 5 back to back convient meme elevators, you'll have to make do with two bonfires at the top and bottom. Shortcuts are nice, but so is a little permanence to decisions.

Also ziplines nigger.

>>166041480
The fucking laughing hollow right before the grave of saints.
1000x spookier than any of the cringe tier jumpscares in Irithyl dungeon or enemies that go REEEEEE
>>
>>166042706
I seemed like the most tryhard shield. I want maximum salt.

>>166042648
Probably guilty as charged.

>>166042649
my proudest moments were were wrecking twinks with low-upgraded weapons. I can see that.
>>
>>166043001
Grass crest is the noob shield now, it's so bad no one will take you seriously.
>>
>>166040434
>>166040906
Don't listen to him about armor, you need 152 poise so that you can hyperarmor through 20 poisebreak weapons 2h running attacks. Well, that would destroy your fashion too. But at least 133 (2hr1 of 25 poisebreak weapons) is a must.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-iCrOdAGp3uQ9I0VgQYU2Ug2d4w2PbQZhBnobLakaMs/pubhtml
And also you will not be able to parry any competent player reliably so just swap that dumb shield for a fast weapon, like a bandit axe or a longsword or a rapier. If you don't want to use fast weapons, vessel shield is good too.
Get burrs and troches (and possibly flesh sweat) and use them when you see a buff.
Drop your str to minimal requirements for your stuff (vessel shield does not need to meet requirements to work), get second zwei, infuse one into lightning and another into raw. Get flame weapon buff. Swap zweis when necessary. You might want to get ring of blades and use it instead of dispelling ring when opponent uses pure phys.
Don't be afraid to get to 70% load.
Don't mash with your zwei. Try to time attack so that you would catch rolls if opponent rolls as if he predicts that you will mash.
>>
File: 20170108112622_1.jpg (375KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170108112622_1.jpg
375KB, 1366x768px
am I looking good guys??
>>
>>166043251

Bottom heavy. Is that Softs or Vanilla?
>>
Is it just me is the Greatsword shit in pvp? I feel like it's so incredibly easy for people to roll away from my slow ass swings, especially after I roll and swing attack, takes like 12 years. Or do I need to git gud?
>>
>>166043092
I had no idea. I mostly just use small shields so I have no idea what knightly shields are good now.

Whats a good replacement?
>>
>>166043369
SotFS bro. I kinda did everything I had so far in the game, I guess I am going to a NG+, not sure yet.
>>
>>166043374
All ultras are shit in PvP. But if you git gud you can make them work.
>>
>>166041480

Frigid Outskirts

It's the only place in the series that has made me feel terror and a sensation "oh shit oh shit oh shit"
>>
>>166042486
>awful areas for fighting and spawns
subjective
>wide open areas encouraging passive faggotry
that shit ain't arena, people in FCs usually don't dick around
>water allows lightning bolts abuse
how many people besides Alex have you seen use anything lightning related?
>>
>>166043141
Isn't 20 poisebreak 2h running 121.5 poise damage while in hyperamor, not 152, according to that chart? And i'll try the bandit axe, thanks. Looks pretty slick.
>>
>>166044287
Stone ring adds 30 poise damage. I'm not sure if it does that before or after the hyperarmor reduction though.
>>
>>166043507
What's a good weapon to upgrade for pvp then? DS2, STR build mostly
>>
>countertwinks at the high wall
>regular hosts have been more competent so far

why am I not surprised?
>>
>>166008905
A fight where there are holes in the walls that constantly shoot frostbite darts at your character that stagger you whenever you get hit, which isn't a real problem unless you're standing still, attacking, or casting a spell, so you really have to make each attack count. The sides of the rooms have sewer openings that constantly spawn the rock lizards from Archdragon peak with an extra move that allows them to heal the boss if they ever get close to him. Every someone hits the boss from behind (player or phantom) the boss leaps into the air and does a devastating lightning attack to the entire arena, causing all the players to take massive damage and do a long-faint. The boss then randomly picks a target and slams down, basically finishing off at least one phantom/player no matter what.

The boss literally never stops attacking and each attack will do more damage than a single estus will heal -- not like you'll get the chance to heal anyway, because the boss will never, ever stop attacking with its infinite, unstaggerable chain of attacks.

The boss will be parryable, but recovers from the parry faster than the player does, so therefore all it really does is make the player stop for long enough to get hit by a follow-up attack from the boss, and take a few frostbite darts from the walls and get surrounded by rock lizards.

Sirri of the Sunless Realm will be summonable, but she will constantly attack the boss from the rear, triggering the explosion attack and she'll basically die after the first or second explosion.

When you get the boss to half health, he summons 2 other versions of himself, but hitting those versions cause them to explode, causing massive frostbite clouds that never, ever dissipate
>>
>>166044540
Well, if you want a top tier then warped sword, chaos blade, estoc, longsword, pate's spear, bandit axe. If you want str build then bandit axe or estoc. With robflynn and elemental defences.
>>
>>166044515
I get 125 with giants +2, so hopefully that'll do, can't find any matching replacement pieces
isn't stone ring kinda uncommon anyway?
>>
>actually using the battle axe for the first time

Holy shit, this thing is awesome. Is it the best axe, or is there a better version of it? I want to keep this thing.
>>
>>166044965
Why would it be? You get it in the very beginning of the game and everyone who takes PvP at least a little seriously would swap to it when they see your armor and aura.
Well, actually yes, people who take PvP even somewhat seriously are very uncommon.
>>166045025
Which game?
>>
What is the dark souls 2 meta? 150 or 200?
>>
>>166045347
>>
>>166045347
both are equally active from what i've seen
>>
>>166045293

>>
>>166045025
Millwood axe is a straight upgrade but it's in the DLC
>>
>>166045508
Lothric knight straight sword is all around better then. Better range, damage, speed. There is generally no reason to use axes in 3.
>>
>>166045347
True niggas are in the 29-31 Soul Memory bracket tier, and IDGAF what anybody else says, if you're a faggot that couldn't manage their souls to fit into that bracket, they're trash who need additional crutches to gain advantage in PVP.

Don't forget the soul catching ring.
>>
>>166045879

Well that's a shame. I love the WA on it, and how it changes your strong attacks.

>>166045660

Well I have that, I can get it eventually.
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
Holy shit I just had he best invasion in the catacombs.

>Invade as mad spirit
>Two phantoms guarding host
>Run across bridge all the skeletons agro
>I'm stuck on other side, both phantoms die to skellys
>Host runs back, summons same phantom
>Phantom dies AGAIN to bone zone
>Host summons same guy again
>Runs to me on rock bridge
>Knock him off with R1 spam
>Host runs back to summon AGAIN
>Blue Sentinel shows up
>Knock him off bridge with more R1 spam
>Host and phantom show up again.
>phantom panic rolls off bridge
>Host jumps down and I two shot him with battle axe
>mfw
>>
>>166045926
>you are a faggot for wasting an entire ring slot for an anti-twink mechanic that From invalidated with a ring anyway

I am in those tiers but you are a fucking faggot. Its only for tryhard meta faggots like you and I.

Soul Memory was a mistake.
>>
>>166027709
It's largely acknowledged that most parts after Anor Londo were partially unfinished and had to be rushed for development, particularly demon ruins and tomb of the giants. Some of it was fixed for PtD edition but not much.
>>
Is it possible to get a save file from PS4 and use the Dark souls 3 CE to give equipment and souls?
>>
File: 20170119193802_1.jpg (287KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170119193802_1.jpg
287KB, 1366x768px
Rate my character guys, I am about to start NG+
>>
>>166029497
Maybe I'm just clipping them with the edge and pushing them out of the second hit, then. But this still just supports the original argument that Zwei is good in PvP because of its moveset.
>>
>>166046326
Over leveled AF
>>
>>166046326
>85 dex
What?
>>
>>166046326
>this baby face with gray hair
haHAHAHAHA
>>
File: miyazaki ruined armored core.jpg (521KB, 650x751px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki ruined armored core.jpg
521KB, 650x751px
>>166030904
>I cannot remember a time a Miyazaki game has shitposted this hard from start to finish.
>>
next DLC when?
>>
>Bramd doesn't do more damage if you upgrade it
>Stakedriver's tricked R1s don't do any thrusting damage
>Branding iron doesn't stop estus recovery
Anything else this bad?
>>
>>166046675
Both that and ACFA were the best armored core games and people who say otherwise are rose-tinted gogglefags.
>>
>>166046419
Yeah this happened to me.

Whats the ideal level for NG+++? I want to make a new character and CE him for a 100% run.
>>
>>166046419
I have used bonfire ascetic tho
>>166046428
Drakeblood Sword +5 with S scaling in DEX bro
>>166046528
looking good eh
>>
>>166046745
2 days
>>
Whats the best Canon Main Character Armor set and why is it Faraam
>>
File: 1462103577687.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1462103577687.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>playing new character
>get randomly invaded while fighting demon in the swamp
>invader lets me kill it
>blue sentinel is summoned, let them 1v1
>then 1v1 him after

I feel... wrong about this. Since it was my world, and my ember, I feel like I should have fought him with the BS because it was a random invasion. The 1v1 was fun though.
>>
>>166046326
>that END
>that VIT
>going anywhere above 50 DEX
>Pyromancy flame with no ATT, INT or FAI
Someone less than half your level could kick your ass and use the Mock gesture unironically.
>>
File: 1419721270463.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1419721270463.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
>tfw just found out the beauty of a des regen build
my dick can only get so hard
>>
>>166046943
Just using the piromancy flame for the aesthetics and I hit very hard tho
>>
>>166046890
Its not like anything is set in stone.
You just go by your own code of honor.
Some people play honorable on knight characters and like scum on thief characters.
Just do what feels right, baby
>>
>>166046814
How much damage were you getting for each level in dex past 40?
>>
File: Untitled.png (31KB, 516x587px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31KB, 516x587px
>>166047094
Reminded me of this item description
>>
>>166047187
that's a good question and I dont know the answer, but the base damage of my weapon is 509
>>
>>166046885
Perfect combo of fashionable fantasy and regular armor.

Too bad it looks like shit in DS2 and the helms fucking neck in 3.

Elite Astora is rough competition. Cathedral knight helm looks better with the faraam chest anyway.
>>
>>166047001
Blessed Mirdan Hammer awaits you.
>>
>>166047440
>he just kept leveling dex without even knowing what it does
Did you come here to get laughed at?
>>
>>166047060
You only hit hard because you're using RobFlynn (and you're not even getting everything out of Flynn's because you're over the VIT limit and have 3DR). Around half of that DEX is wasted since you get bad returns past 40 and even worse returns after 50, you could put that into STR and deal a shitload more damage with more and better weapons.

Putting your END past 20 is a terrible mistake, your gains are cut in half by that point.
>>
>release an insultingly short DLC with a hard boss at the end to stretch out playtime
>"we were just saving money and time to develop a longer one, don't worry guys next one will be great"
>"they actually bought the second DLC, stupid gaijins"
>>
>>166047550
Is there any level that actually gets PvP action besides near base level to snipe scrubs?
>>
>>166047591
come on... where should I spent the rest of the points then?? VGR?? VIT??
>>
Hello anons

I am going to start a new DS 1 character today

First was a FTH/quality build wich was decent
Second was a DEX/INT build wich was EZ mode
Third will be a Pure STR build with some VIT and much END. Looking at the wiki i saw the Demon Greataxe and intend to obtain that. How would you rate that build? Should i change anything or pick a different weapon?
>>
>>166047691
SL120. 4-1 is the PvP hotspot just in front of the first archstone.
>>
>>166046326
>85 endurance
>drakeblood GS

what

Just use chloranthy ring and put those extra 35 levels into sorceries Int/fth so you can get some elemental defense and boost your pyromancy damage. This is a good SL150 min max build, not a good 187 SL build.

Also, infuse your weapon with fire and use flame weapon when you get it in NG+. Drakeblood GS isn't very good infused (it gains very little damage and it lowers RoB bonus) so when you get flame weapon you might want to switch to a fire loyce GS.
>>
>>166047662
we'll all buy it
>>
>>166047852
4-1 is still commonly used?
Huh.
>>
>>166047651
I am at 29.5/68.6... so 43.0% isn't that enough for the ring????
>>
>>166047727
I mean, it's up to you, but surely at some point you should've noticed you got around 1 point of damage for like 5 levels of dex
i'd level some str for different weapons or pyromancy stuff if you are into that
your vit is pretty low, too
>>166047910
it's not endurance
>>
Salt and sanctuary any good?
>>
>>166047662
I enjoyed AoA and have gotton my moneys worth. Great bosses with cool areas to invade.
>>
>>166048018
Flynn scales off your maximum carry weight, not current, it gets less ar past 60.0
not that difference is that big imo
please don't use so many question marks, makes you look fourteen
>>
>>166048112
I think it's really good desu. There's a neat thing with the magic system where every spell you cast will slightly push your elemental alignment into either lightning or fire and makes spells of the other type more volatile due to imbalance.

The bosses are fun, and it's very connected and nonlinear like DaS1 and the covenants are neat, and the art is nice.
>>
File: 1480688157969.png (139KB, 424x470px) Image search: [Google]
1480688157969.png
139KB, 424x470px
>Points Down
>>
Darkhand weaponart needs to be like sacred flame.
>>
>>166046769
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ7i1hm2Ii4

Go fuck yourself

ACFA and AC4 weren't even the best games on the PS3/360, much less the best overall and anyone who say otherwise are too easily impressed by flashy effects and GUNDAM SPEED YAY to realize that 4th gen was dogshit for anything other than looking good.
>>
>>166048018
It scales off MAX weight, not current weight. Which is why it's trash.
>>
>>166048112
>google it
>""very positive""
>all the positive reviews have less than 10 hours
really makes you think
>>
>>166048045
Got it bro, I will be sure to respec then. thanks
>>166048270
I also have a Raw Santier +5, what would be the best build for a weapon that has no scaling?
>>
File: whatitfeelsliketobeaman.jpg (61KB, 387x700px) Image search: [Google]
whatitfeelsliketobeaman.jpg
61KB, 387x700px
>>166048425
>points down
>in a gank squad with 3 other people
It just takes the faggotry to a whole new level.
>>
Can you summon for twin pursuers in ng+ Drangleic?
>>
>>166038098
He just was misunderstood in his childhood.
>>
>>166048585

Base stats and end/vit gouging, plus potentially att/int/faith for casting utility.

You shouldn't be using a non-scaling weapon at higher SL though.
>>
File: don't do this to me again.jpg (92KB, 430x342px) Image search: [Google]
don't do this to me again.jpg
92KB, 430x342px
OH BOY! I SURE DO LOVE GETTING KILLED BY LONGSWORD R1 SPAM!

QUALITY PVP META YOU GOT GOING ON HERE FROMSOFT!
>>
>>166048425
soulless what the fuck is your problem
>>
>>166048045
>>166046326

Oh god it's not endurance it's Dex

The extra 35 points in dex are only giving you 17 more damage per R1, FYI, 24 on 2HR2s and 34 on 2HR2 counter hits. It's completely not worth the stats, you can throw on a clutch ring and do more damage.
>>
>>166010074
I honestly liked the anusfaces, seeing a giant come out of the wild with a human face is as weird as just running into like a gorilla with a perfectly human face or something. The only thing I didn't like was how it was a change, had it been how things initially were I wouldn't have minded. I found Yhorm having a face to be weird for the same reason.
>>
Trying to play DS3 on Steam on university wifi, getting DC'd every 5 minutes. I've heard a VPN fixes this, but Google and reddit haven't revealed a VPN recommendation. I've tried CyberGhost to no avail (DS3 servers don't like it). Any suggestions?
>>
>>166048949
>can't tell if talking about DS1, DS2, or DS3

>>166048520
>>166048018
>>166048018

Flynn gives 50 AR for 60 max weight cap. It loses 1 AR for every 0.5 points of weight, at 85 cap it has 0 AR.

Flynn is good because it gives that regardless of infusion. Using it on a fire weapon gives the full 50 AR at 60 weight, but RoB will only give 70%.

You should be using a fire loyce greatsword or blacksteel Katana (both of which has double the scaling of the drakeblood greatsword for dex) with flame weapon and flame clutch ring and flynn's ring.
>>
>>166049169
Why would you even play on university wifi
just go offline
reddit tier advice right here no need to thank me
>>
>>166041137
Valley of Defilement was (I believe) Miyazaki's favorite. If it wasn't his, it was some other major player at From. It was a big point of discussion while everyone was waiting for DaS to come out.
>>
File: Wolnir.jpg (29KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
Wolnir.jpg
29KB, 564x797px
>>166049036
Yhorm is a big guy like Vendrick or Wolnir, "the Giant" is just the title. Would be silly to call an actual giant "the Giant", would it not?
Also fuck, Wolnir is ludicrously large.
>>
>>166049281
>das2
>r1spam
haha no
>>
>>166049353
5-2 was perfection. I think DS3 would have been significantly improved if the entire game played like Farron Keep except harder.
>>
File: what the hell.png (191KB, 475x351px) Image search: [Google]
what the hell.png
191KB, 475x351px
>>166049294
>just go offline

fucking

just
>>
>>166049491
Why would you go online just to make other players suffer your 300 ping vpn garbage? Don't be a faggot, anon.
>>
>>166049434
Tell that to all the Guts cosplay, katana users, and straight sword low-ADP spam punishers.
>>
>>166049434
>not realising longsword is so good in 2, it can beat half of the weapons without even needing r2s
>>
>>166049407
But in the opening cutscene yhorm has anusface?
>>
>>166049169
Go find everyone else who plays dark souls at your university and set up a LAN party on the weekends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6qa7aptE1Q

if your college funds student groups you could even get paid to do this by saying it's an educational group for how to set up local private networks
>>
>>166049169
>surely adding another server as middleman will fix it
From would hire you in seconds
>>
>>166049792
>unironically linking jund
>>
File: 1430798179483.jpg (117KB, 484x461px) Image search: [Google]
1430798179483.jpg
117KB, 484x461px
>Can't buy Pontiff Sulyvahn's armor
>Can't dual wield his swords
>Can't buy Dragonslayer Armour's armor
>Ornstein's armor SOMEHOW (S O M E H O W) does NOT have a fucking plume
>With an already small boss pool, 4 completely joke bosses that are objectively worse than even Covetous Demon in every way except cinematically
>No blue Lothric Knight set
>No blue Cathedral Knight set
>No blue Deacon set
>No gold Winged Knight set
>No Gwyndolin set despite him literally being present in the game and the set already being modelled in a previous game
>No headpiece for the firekeeper set despite it literally being available in the game's files, cut as fuck
>A handful of other sets including sorcerer and knight fashion completely cut with no feasible reason why
>4 kings literally cut
>So many DS1 memes you can't even fucking breathe
>5 (five) PvP viable weapons, good luck killing anyone otherwise
>Final boss is fucking trash in terms of both story and gameplay, only good for fashion souls and le bonfire sword (and that's when he's goddamn dead, mind you) which is a shoulder slung greatsword for no good reason anyway
>So much fanservice people have actually backpedaled so hard they're back to thinking it's great after all that shittalking about it during DS2
>Still below-average netcode and a million fucking chugs during any invasion with infinite stamina and a million iframes
>Less bosses and areas than DS1, DLC already announced to be crown dlc sized but there'll only be two this time because haha fuck you so we'll STILL have less content than DS1
>Retcons to support shitty half-baked fan theories and over-indulging descriptions for the dumbest shit
>Half of this was so obvious and such an easy fix that it is absolutely astounding that it got through development nontheless quality control, but here we are
>>
>>166049847
>From "What's a server?" Software

Bandai runs the servers for dark souls and it's only for matchmaking. Server lag doesn't affect ping, it's just your connection and the other player.
>>
>DaS3
Will npc summons solo the bosses for me like in das2? Would i spoil my experience by touching them?
>>
>>166050030

You're gay
>>
>>166049957
>Ornstein's armor SOMEHOW (S O M E H O W) does NOT have a fucking plume
it's his hair
i agree with every other point
>>
Is there any forced level up quests in the DLC like embracing your true strength with yoel? I really want to stay under 142.
>>
>>166050172
>NK head piece gives you gigantic hair
so why no plume on ornstein?
>>
>>166050327
No
>>
>>166048894
What do you think about this
|35| VIG
|40| END
|40| VIT
and the rest on STR and DEX?

>>166049017
I am going to respec bro, my build is kinda shit

>>166049281
What do you think about the Puzzling Stone Sword? Should I invest on it or use those two swords you said?
>>
File: 1396548402719.jpg (2MB, 1996x1570px) Image search: [Google]
1396548402719.jpg
2MB, 1996x1570px
>>166049481
Only Astraea is perfection.
>>
>>166050351
>Implying its nameless king's hair
>>
please give me des on pc miyazaki
i'm ready to give my and my family's souls in return
>>
>>166050638
>just like implying Orn's plume is his hair
:^)
>>
>>166051042
>ornstein's helmet has no plume because it was his hair
>ciaran's and nameless have because it's not their real hair
What's so hard you carrot face loving cuck
>>
>>166050327
why 142?
>>
I wish Memehacki would make up his mind and either make all giants assfaces like in 2, or have a face.
>>
File: crow.png (336KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
crow.png
336KB, 567x437px
>Invade
>Host has phantom
>Blue Sentinel shows up
>Pops seed

WOW VERY HARD. GREAT MULTIPLAYER. SUGOI! SASUGA MIYAZAKI-SAN!

inb4 ebbin "break into someone's house" analogy ;P
>>
>>166051146
thats the cut off point when level 120s cant summon you through both white and red soapstones, sitting on 140 right now.
>>
/dsg/ fight clubs are generally sl 120 right?
>>
File: 1484603637651.png (62KB, 903x957px) Image search: [Google]
1484603637651.png
62KB, 903x957px
>>166051185

>start losing an invasion
>I run away
>I black crystal out

Stupid gankers, they get nothing from me :^)
>>
>>166051262
You are not welcome to join them
>>
>>166051262
the "meta" level is 120 but as long as you stay within SL range you should be able to connect and no one will really give a shit if you have a couple more hard capped stats
>>
>>166051479
That wasn't the question, faggot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5llesuPNiaY
>>
if I offer shackles to mound-makers will Sirris' quest end?
>>
>>166049957
>5 (five) PvP viable weapons, good luck killing anyone otherwise

pole
RHH
LKLS
GFS or plow
any good glaive, including tinder
any good curvedsword
stance SS+WA midshield or alongside a spear
thrusting sword+WA midshield or crossbow, particularly avyelen
onyx with parting flame
any greatsword as long as the clay
...potentially gotthards and 2kat
offhanded caestus unlisted since it's implied that it'll be in your offhand if nothing else is

The only terribly broken part of ds3 equipment meta is bloodring. As far as stats go, cast speed should probably just cap out at 30 att, and endurance should give you less endurance as you approach 40 rather than more
>>
>>166051729
No
>>
>>166051567
jesus christ I thought that was (V-V-V-VOTE FOR) Daniel's voice
>>
>>166051567
>someone beats you even though he's not that good
>omfg he used a gesture, what the fuck???
Christ who gives a fucking fuck. maybe if you were about to die in real life and the guy that killed you flipped you off that'd be too far, but it's a fucking videogame jesus christ don't take it so seriously.
>>
SunMother, whoever you are you helped a bunch.
>>
>>166051970
>three minutes in the guy's talking about what a good feature the gestures are and how well done they look
>"wow he must be so angry wow why's he so mad wow"
>>
is the hp regen on blessed weapons the same as the sun princess ring (+2hp/s)?
>>
>>166051131
>fully armored knight would let his own hair act as a plume
>>
>>166052358
a lifegem is faster than that... it's not worth it
>>
>>166050517
Scaling is only going to add a flat amount of damage, it doesn't work like DS1.

What do you want to focus on? Dex? Quality? or Pyro/Elemental? What moveset do you want?

Puzzling stone sword is good but a bit weak for PvE, and the high scaling doesn't do much when the base damage is low.

Dex also increases you poison and bleed bonus, FYI. But there are VERY few weapons in the game that have decent (>50%) dex scaling. Most strength or elemental version of dex weapons will be more powerful on the same moveset for less investment.

Good dex weapons:
>Fume Sword (60% dex scaling 40% dark scaling)
>Flamberge (60% dex scaling, 25% str scaling, bleed)
>Puzzling Stone Sword (90% dex scaling, 15% str scaling)
>Drakeblood GS (60% dex scaling, 15% str scaling)
>Loyce GS sword (100% Dex scaling, 5% str scaling)
>All Katanas, especially manslayer and Alonne sword
>Ricard's Rapier (100% dex scaling)
>All rapiers except Estoc and Mail Breaker
>Eleum Loyce
>Murakumo / Arced Sword /Curved Dragon Greatsword
>Partizan
>Helix Halberd

Good Pyro / Dark weapons (they gain the same bonus if you keep Fth and Int equal)
>Fume Sword
>Crypt Blacksword
>Chaos Rapier
>Posessed Armor Sword:
>Black Knight weapons (any)
>Any fire infused weapon
>Charred Loyce Greatsword
>Smelter Sword
>Sacred Chime Hammer
>Silverblack Spear
>Roaring Halberd
>>
>>166050638
arguing logic in a series where a guy in brass sumo armor with a solid brass hammer tries to sit on you.
>>
>>166051729
she only has a beef with fingers and doesn't give a fuck about anything else
>>
>>166052487
i was just planning to put it on an off-hand caestus. Is there a better infuse for a caestus that will only be used for parrying?
>>
Am I just seeing things or does the player character model in DaS3 always seem to have a really fucked up neck?
>>
>>166052503
Yeah, I feel like I fucked up by dumping all my points into dex and putting sharp gems on some weapons.

I don't do nearly as much damage as I thought I would even with A scaling.
>>
>>166052358
Depends on upgrade level. They are at +10. Stuff with innate regen like the oak shield always are, but Anri's sword just has the infusion built in and needs to be leveled like a blessed weapon.

>>166052487
>lifegem
even numbered souls games are inferior

>>166052784
don't listen to the memer, blessed is your best bet, followed by simple
>>
So I want to replay DaS2 but i'm stumped as to what build I want. I'm really interested in one that requires as little offensive stats as possible (my last DaS run was with the Gravelord Sword so I had base INT/FTH and next to fuckall STR/DEX).

I want to powerstance claw/fist weapons though, preferably Manikin Claws and Caestus so I'd need a total of 15 STR and 27 DEX. The rest will be on life, stamina and ADP.

The question is, do claws and caestus with such low stats hold up in PVE? Will I just spend 10 hours hammering away at every boss and the game be a chore?
>>
File: leg.jpg (212KB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
leg.jpg
212KB, 1280x724px
Would you guys fuck this?
>>
Are there any good muscle mage builds out there? I like the idea of a wizard crushing someone's skull with a Millwood BA
>>
>>166016558
>dragon that ain't got no legs
lol
>>
>>166053690
Needs some boobs
>>
new
>>166053961
>>166053961
>>
>>166054001
>45 posts off
>>
>>166053806
Best game for muscle mages is 1
>>
>>166054001
you sure are, anon
it's 750
>>
Hello, /dsg/, it's been a while since I visited, due to a fear of being inadvertently spoiled (est. Bloodborne's launch).
I just got DaS3 for the PS4, is there any level-cap for the current PvP metagame?
Thank you in advance, and a lovely one to all.
>>
>>166050172
Uh, Old Dragonslayer and Dragonslayer Armour both have the plume and neither is Ornstein.

We have Artorias's plume just fine.

Fuck off.
>>
>>166054182
Anywhere from 80 to 150 is populated enough for duels, no one managed to settle on a meta.
>>
>>166051745
It's an 8 month old pasta, mate.
>>
>>166054413
Much appreciated, friend.
>>
>>166033458
I like it
>>
>>166052813
>putting sharp gems on some weapons.

...you do realize you linked a DS2 build, not DS3, right? There are no sharp gems in DS2.

Letter ranking for dex scaling is ~60% of what strength is, but you gain bonus bleed and poison damage. To do a dex build you have to use one of the few dedicated dex weapons (something with no physical or elemental equivalent), poison/bleed infuse it, or infuse+buff it.
>>
>>166053150r
Santier's Spear
Raw Lost Sinner's Sword
Raw Murakumo
Raw Great Club
Raw Bluemoon GS
Raw Old Knight Halberd
etc.
>>
File: black_knight_greatsword.jpg (62KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
black_knight_greatsword.jpg
62KB, 300x300px
Can anyone trade me a black knight gs on PC? I'd really like one. +5 Preferrably - I have items to trade
>>
NG+ stops scaling after NG+6 right?
So why are most NG+ challenge runs on YouTube NG+7?
>>
>>166056804

Takes 10 minutes to farm, tops, you lazy fuccboi.
>>
>>166041985
I'd rather deal with those than the assholes who shoot toxic darts while you're climbing ladders
>>
>>166055996
Shit, I thought he was talking about 3.

So sharp gems are useless?
>>
>>166052503
I am sorry I didn't post earlier, but thanks a lot for all the help bro, it was really nice.
>>
Fucking.
Took me 3 hours to beat Manus with the ninja flip ring and no armour but god damn it feels so good.
>>
>>166056804
I'll give you one if you help me transfer a couple of weapons between characters.
Thread posts: 725
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.