[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/twg/ - Total War General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 777
Thread images: 174

File: Three Emperors.png (2MB, 1080x951px) Image search: [Google]
Three Emperors.png
2MB, 1080x951px
Civil War edition

>FAQs and General Info
http://pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
http://pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

Time Commanders is back and it was never as good as decisive battles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LGm2ZN7W4 [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

Mods -- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- http://store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by anon):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous thread: >>164376539
>>
File: Visigothic King.jpg (10KB, 174x290px) Image search: [Google]
Visigothic King.jpg
10KB, 174x290px
First for Based Alaric
>>
File: 1453249023945.jpg (22KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1453249023945.jpg
22KB, 308x308px
>>164440105
>>
3nd for i forgot to buy napoleon and warhammer during the sale and now im sad
>>
File: rome_2_rolls.jpg (1MB, 1400x2040px) Image search: [Google]
rome_2_rolls.jpg
1MB, 1400x2040px
post em lads
>>
xth for Stainless Steel a shit
>>
File: Campaign_brt_loading.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Campaign_brt_loading.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.
>>
File: 1433249459715.png (32KB, 136x200px) Image search: [Google]
1433249459715.png
32KB, 136x200px
Jesus Christ, just how bad are Greenskins and Skarsnik against the fucking Dwarves? Everywhere I go if I don't get a good autoresolve fight I'm bound to lose the manual, and even if the balance is hugely in my favor when I auto I sometimes get defeats. What is this fucking bullshit? Dawi extermination when?
>>
>>164440546
What difficulty?
Using any sort of combat mods?
Did you remember to focus on the army skill tree and get poison attacks at level 4?
>>
>>164440546

dont even fight dwarfs without a waaagh backing you up, you're gonna have a bad time til you get black orcs.
>>
>>164440643
Normal or Hard usually
No mods
Poison attacks on all my Lords
>>
>>164440469
Are they playable in the game yet, or will they have their own DLC?
>>
>>164440806

They are playable through mods but their roster is incomplete, most buildings do nothing and they use the Greenskin tech tree. They are getting a complete release as a free-DLC in February.
>>
File: 20170102183446_1.jpg (576KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170102183446_1.jpg
576KB, 1920x1080px
This isn't funny you chaos shits.
>>
>>164440105
Truly, Stirland is worst province.
>>
File: 20170102115619_1.jpg (438KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170102115619_1.jpg
438KB, 1920x1080px
nth for shilling your own mod
>>
Hey TWG. I am a history nut but terrible at these games.
Any videos I could watch to get good? Also should I start with Shogun 2 or Attilla?
>>
File: MAKIN ME ANGRY.jpg (83KB, 162x331px) Image search: [Google]
MAKIN ME ANGRY.jpg
83KB, 162x331px
>Gobbo Archers
>>
File: archival footage.jpg (174KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
archival footage.jpg
174KB, 1000x563px
>>
>>164441206

Start out with Shogun 2 then Fall of the Samurai then Attila. Or check out the other historical titles in the series after playing Shogun 2

Shogun 2 is pretty much the most polished and the easiest title to get into Total War

As for videos you can check out channels like Heir of Carthage or MrSmartDonkeyLP
>>
>>164441206

For history games I have no idea who to watch, but PartyElite teaches Warhammer basics. It's applicable to most games, though, since military tactics hasn't changed much, even in a fantasy setting.

As for a starting game, Shogun 2. Attila has way more complex and punishing campaign mechanics than Shogun 2. If you want an easy jump-in point, Rome 2 would probably be best. Its campaign is simple enough to get good at and isn't too punishing like Attila, and it's slower than Shogun 2, giving you plenty of time to figure out what you are actually doing. Having said that, Shogun 2 is still a good starting point.
>>
>>164440946

Just sit back and shoot them so they get forced to attack you :^)
>>
>>164440546
you need trolls or skulkers. might be able to get away with spamming rock lobsters
>>
>>164440546
Squigs, skulkers, trolls, a couple starting units (black orc/arachnarok), goblin shamans, rock lobbas, poison attacks neuter dwarf offense, massed missile fire into blobs
>>
File: 5185121212.gif (34KB, 318x268px) Image search: [Google]
5185121212.gif
34KB, 318x268px
Bretonnia:

>2 infantry
>1 missile infantry
>3 cavalry
>1 missile cavalry
>1 artillery

Holy shit, they are incomplete. What are they going to get added in? I think they need 3-4 more infantry options, at least.
>>
>>164440320
I forgot to buy Attila dlcs. At least that game is piratable.
>>
>slaneesh lives in the Elven woods

wot
>>
>>164442363
>THE cavalry faction
>needs more infantry
>>
>>164442363
If they stick to the army book, one unit of charge cav, one unit of melee cav, peasant archers with flaming shots/stakes, and peasant swordsmen with shields.
>>
>Where is Krell?

No seriously CA where is he?
>>
File: 1474226295529.png (174KB, 645x894px) Image search: [Google]
1474226295529.png
174KB, 645x894px
Why is it so hard to mod? I just want Imperial Destroyer's new regions in Darthmod.
>>
>Bretonnia took Marienburg
>We've been allies since the first couple of turns

REEE FUCKING SHITS
>>
>>164442596
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>164443187
There was a quest when I was playing wood elves, and some dude wanted to go in and try and get an artifact but it was a bad idea cause Slaneesh lives there.
>>
>>164443564
I refused it too. Chaos corruption is bad enough when you're fighting off Beastmen.
>>
Empire with mods or NapoopaN?
if Empire with mods, which mods?

I've played the shit out of FOTS, I still want guns but I'm sick of Japan
>>
>>164443564
Dreaming Wood is Slaanesh's summer rape mansion. Technically it's not *in* the woods proper it's in the chaos dimension, but you can access it through Athel Loren because magic trees n shiet.
>>
Is there any reason to go with zombies over skeletons? Besides zombies being just slightly cheaper.
>>
>>164443564

>get this quest
>get the 20% ward save item from it

Yeah I'll take some girlcock any day of the week for that
>>
>>164444234

both are chaff, but the looser formation of the zambies can help them a bit against artillery.
>>
>>164444234
Skeletons can actually kill things, but zombies are superior if you just want a meatshield
If you're playing campaign you may as well just use skeletons, but in multiplayer I prefer zombies (and summoning them up)
>>
>>164444234
Zombies are superior to raise with the raise dead spell. Their meatshield capabilities are okay, but they need leadership or they'll just disintegrate really quick.

The other consideration is that VC rush, and zombies are slower than your other units.
>>
>>164443823
Napoopan
>>
>>164443823
Imperial destroyer for good campaign map + new regions

Darthmod for decent battles.
>>
File: Jin_Song_Dynasty[1].jpg (156KB, 852x547px) Image search: [Google]
Jin_Song_Dynasty[1].jpg
156KB, 852x547px
Can you recreate famous battles? I want to redo Badger Mouth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yehuling
>>
>>164445957
kinda/not really
depends on the battle really
>>
>>164445957

Nope, because we'll probably never see a total war engine able to take that many soldiers at once, but that would be grand. A total war: Romance of the three kingdoms game would be neat, fights would be literal sea of infantry going against one another so you'd have to use actual tactics to make things managable.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>>164446034
My cousin got me playing pic related and I have been a Mongolian history fanatic ever since.
I would love a game where you replay their invasion of the middle east.
THis wiki is worth a fast read; its astounding
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_conquest_of_Khwarezmia
>>
does anyone have the list of units for the tabletop armies and what the game has compared to the list?
>>
>own the game legitimately
>dont cheat
>played yesterday
>this shit pops up

What the fucking hell.
>>
Thanks to some bullshit I got Total Warhammer for cheap. Its my first TW and I'm enjoying it so far but I have almost no clue what I'm doing. Is there some general path I should be taking through each campaign?
All I can do right now is work with old RTS experience. Send melee vs melee, ranged vs ranged, flank where you can, etc, but I doubt that's going to work past easy mode. Is there some trick I'm going to need to learn before I start messing around with flying and monster units?
I've only been playing dwarfs so far if that makes any difference
>>
>>164446279

Genghis Khan did nothing wrong, and in fact he was a pretty good and honorable ruler way ahead of his time, even creating forms of animal conservations by authorizing hunting only during a certain time of the year and sought that all honor their vows of loyalty, even his mortal enemies.
>>
>>164446584
called the police
>>
>>164446279

M2TW: Broken Crescent mod - or just good ol' Stainless Steel if you want to play against them.

To play as Mongols, I can only recommend Eras - although I never played it.
... welp, might as well give it a shot, though.
>>
>>164446806
Also made it illegal to piss in streams, tolerated religions and enforced that tolerance with military might.
He guarded trade routes, encouraged scholars and in general was an amazing ruler.
I honestly consider him one of the greatest rulers of all time. Ironic considering all of it started because some sheep herder stole his wife
>>
File: 12151512.jpg (95KB, 759x602px) Image search: [Google]
12151512.jpg
95KB, 759x602px
Are there any other significant human factions beside Bretonnia, that AREN'T the Empire, that could be added as a playable faction?
>>
>>164446584
just called the swat team friend, they should be banging down your barricaded basement doors any second
say goodbye to /twg/
>>
>>164446584
false positives are not that rare, raise an issue with CA over it. Though it might be a known problem.

>>164446627
First off, there are two difficulty sliders.
You only see one when starting the game, this is the campaign difficulty. This primarily affects campaign AI, Agressiveness, lack of willingness to cooperate, and public order penalties.
It is set at start.

In addition to this, battle difficulty scales with what you set your campaign AI, it gives light bonuses to enemy morale and shit on the battlefield.
A lot of people don't like this, and you can change it once the campaign has started, and playing a very hard campaign with easy battles still gets you the very hard cheevos and shit.

Just to keep in mind.

You'll see hammer and anvil repeated ad nauseum here. This is for sensible reasons. it is the be all-end all for fucking up the AI.

Rather than melee ranged cavalry designations, the primary property of a unit is how it fits into hammer and anvil really.

Missiles weaken the enemy anvil and scare off some hammer units, they also do deny enemy missiles. Artillery does the same but at extended range. The primary strength of artillery is, defending or attacking: If you have an arty advantage the enemy MUST attack you.

Then you have your hammer and your anvil.
Anvil can usually be the cheapest part of your army and hammer is often the most expensive.

Understand that being in combat and charging are very important cornerstones to the gameplay.

If you engage in melee, you are essentially using CC on the enemy unit, which leaves them wide open to be flanked. Charges give (most) units a very significant bonus in combat. With most shock cavalry the bonus is so substantial you want to charge, run out of combat and charge again.
Note that charges do use your targetting, if you issue an attack order on an enemy archer far away, and your unit gets blindsided halfway, your unit did NOT charge into combat.
>>
>>164445734
What regions does ID add other than Warpath shit?
>>
>>164446965
However he died, the Khan took great pains to keep his final resting place a secret. According to legend, his funeral procession slaughtered everyone they came in contact with during their journey and then repeatedly rode horses over his grave to help conceal it. The tomb is most likely on or around a Mongolian mountain called Burkhan Khaldun, but to this day its precise location is unknown.
>>
>>164447132
John Green pls go
>>
how do you use free company effectively?
>>
>>164440946
I've never seen this steep map before.
>>
File: 20160602213645_1.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160602213645_1.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
>>164440946
It's a fun one.
>>
>>164447325
Subutai was inarguably the greatest general of all time.
Pic related, this was what he did to the finest army in Europe
>>
As Empire, do the Notfrench deserve to live?
>>
>>164447250
Major army book factions, no.
Southern realms and Kislev are the only other humans really.

KANGZ are pretty human despite being undead.

>>164446627
>>164447278
pt. 2

I just read that you're playing stunties, they're a good easy entry point I suppose(especially for campaign map) but they lack varied tools and considerations other factions have.

Flying units can only get back in the air if they're away from enemy units, so really swift cavalry can pin them down indefinitely.
Overall flying units are fairly intuitive and you should have no problem understanding their role.

Monstrous units are also very intuitive, the basic assumptions of less models but splash damage is reasonable. The thing to keep in mind both against and while using large units is that missiles can shoot over the melee and hit the tall fuckers really easily. Two crossbows focus firing can almost make a giant vanish into thin air.
A not so obvious feature to monstrous units is that their mass allows them to push through units, and their splash damage works as psuedo-range sometimes.
An example of this is as VC, using basic infantry to engage, and then charging your crypt horrors through the back of your infantry into the enemy. Whereas doing the same with a second infantry unit kinda just blobs it up behind the first.

Mass is an important point as well. It mostly refers to the ability of a unit to ignore everything around it and move.
It's probably the biggest weakness of the entire stuntie faction by far, but it's only a real concern in multiplayer.

And AP damage, in SP is mostly a concern of who you're fighting.

Fighting dorfs/chaos, use handgunners. Fighting anyone else use crossbows.

That's all I can think of right now. Ask more specific questions if you have them.

>>164447381
Don't use them against anything armored to start with. They're just a unit you can kinda be mobile with and stretch their health a bit further by being out of combat. Nothing standout.
>>
>>164447250
all the counts could be made into interesting factions i bet
i dunno know the neeeeeeeerd lore for them but im sure all of them have their sspecial snowflake nonsense
>>
>>164442363
add to the current roster

>Questing Knights (greatweapons melee cav, armour piercing)
>Grail Pilgrims (high defence + leadership infantry, shields)
>Errant Knights (cheaper shock cav)

Lords
>Prophetess of the Lady (Wizard Lord)

Legendary Lords
>Louen Leoncouer (Franz 2.0)
>The Fay Enchantress (Wizard LL)
>The Green Knight (Ethereal LL, can use world roots).

It's not a bad roster. Perhaps they need to make a Paladin Lord and another Melee Hero to round out the Lord and Hero selection?
>>
>>164447132
h-he also carried out a level of mass murder not seen until the age of industrailised warfare
>>
>>164447828
They don't really have any issue with Bretonnia and they do help one another out a fair bit.
It's just religious differences that keep one another from being true partners all of the time.

>>164447312
Attila the Hun was allegedly buried inside a gold coffin inside a silver coffin inside a wooden coffin and had a river diverted over his burial site, only to have everyone involved killed after the fact.
>>
>>164447876
The Iranians shouldnt have killed him ambassadors
>>
>>164447250
Kislev is the biggest. The actual roster should focus on skirmishers and skirmisher cav, melee infantry and War Bear cavalry. And Ice Wizards.

Otherwise, Estalia, Tilea and the Border Princes should have their own roster, but it would be fairly similar to the Empire. Just pikes and less artillery. But they should get Dogs of War regiments of Renown so you could get crazy shit like Slayer Pirates, and Ogres along with some beefy Pike and Crossbow units
>>
>>164447868
>world roots
You mean the UnderLady?

And Greenskins only have one melee hero so I think that's fine.
>>
>>164447868

You are missing the Grail Reliquae I think, they have confirmed those are in. Don't paladin lords already exist? I think the other Bret dukes are those.
>>
CA releases brets in february.
They are the same as Chaos - you get a basic roster, say, like it is right now with no special mechanic.
For 10-30 usd you can buy a unit pack.

Technically it's still free.
>>
>>164447934
H-how did he kill them off if he was dead?
>>
>>164448103
He left orders with his lieutenants I would imagine.

Also on the topic: Allegedly Tamlerlane's tomb foretold that if his body was disturbed, the world would tremble.
His body was discovered by the Soviets and a very short time later, Germany launched their attack on the Soviet Union.
>>
>>164448082
Grail Pilgrims/Reliquae are the same thing, although perhaps making them separate would be a good idea.

Technically speaking, yeah, Bretonnian Lords are (almost) all Grail Knights and Paladins are hero units only, but it would nice to have a more diverse Lord selection. Not a big deal though
>>
>>164446627
i'm pretty experienced in all total war games besides Warhammer. Warhammer is a different experience to a point from what i've heard.

Generally you want more surface area of attack than the otherside when it comes Melee fighting. If you can get 2 units to fight one unit from the same direction thats great in the short term. Your unit will eventually lose because the other side will just outlast your unit, but it allows you free up a unit that you can use to hit the 2 units in the flank or that be used to create local superiority. Clumping up units wont make the other side die any faster. The archetypal example of this is the Battle of Cannae between Rome and Carthage.

Local superiority is another important thing. Theres "global" superiority which is having the most units in the entire battle. But local superiority is having the most units in a small part of the fight. Say on the right side of your line you have 5 units and they have 3.

Global superiority makes it much easier to have local superiority, but using clever maneuvering and "pinning" the other sides troops into useless 3v1 fights(where theyre all facing the same direction) you can create local superiorities and eventually win a fight. one example of a "pinning" tactic is the battle of Dara, between the Byzantines and the Sassanids. the Byzantines used the trench to "pin" the infantry of globally superior Sassanid army. Then he used local superiority to win the fights on the flank(also he used ambushes) and gained the upper hand and won the battle.

Cavalry is great for doing both of these as well as preventing them from happening to . Keep them at the wings to fight off other cavalry and to kill off the other sides cavalry.

Also keep a small part of your force in reserve behind your main line to shore up parts of your line that are vulnerable of being broken through(this is an effective use of clumping up your troops) and to prevent flanks and local superiorities.
>>
>>164448035
what about Araby, Nippon, and those Amazons?
>>
>>164448082
technically the Grail reliquae is part of the grail pilgrim unit. I could see them having it as a separate unit however.

>>164447868
A peasant hero character would be neat.

Sort of like in shogun 2 you could have the heroic ashigaru.

A heroic peasant. Perhaps able to be armed with a long bow. Sort of similar to the wood elf sniper hero but not nearly as snipey. good at ranged attacks, decent in melee, but mostly about buffing peasant units.

Similar to the Bertrand (totally not robin hood) the brigand.

Doesn't really need to be melee due to paladins.

Also I hope damsels get Life and Beast lores. (I would also like light. but I know that bretonnia never did get to use light for whatever reason)
>>
What ever happened to maximus? I can't play without his and other's combined autism helping me min max everything. What are your thoughts on night goblin warbosses? Are they worth using over an orc warboss?
>>
>>164446806
>>164447132
Apologists are the worst. The man genocided over half the Eurasian continent seemingly because he liked killing people and raping their women. His plunder of China was so traumatic that one of the most advanced civilizations the world has ever seen literally never recovered and stayed in a state of near complete stagnation. He literally took millions of prisoners of war just to kill them in the most brutal way possible because he's a sick freak. Seriously, after the Battle of the Kalka River, he built floor boards on top of his prisoners and feasted on top of them to the sounds of their death. His trade routes that he defended did nothing but spread the bubonic plague to Europe, where even after death, the khan indirectly managed to destroy another culture for no reason. His "religious tolerance" was because he saw himself as a god higher than all the petty gods of men and thus didn't give a shit who people worshiped as long as they worshiped him in some way. People who defend Temujin are literally "but Hitler fixed the economy!" or "but Stalin advanced social justice!" tier.

>>164447793
Being a good general has literally nothing to do with being a good ruler. Temujin was a god tier general and everyone with a military background should study him however
>>
>>164447828
Once Archaon comes if you're friendly with bretonnia, bretonnia starts sending a couple stacks to fight chaos... if the woodelfs haven't raped and murdered them all.
>>
>>164448551
chill mate, he got the trains running on time so its all good
>>
>>164448101
How can you keep your job if you keep leaking all this stuff for us, Darren?

>>164448426
Araby is the most significant of those by far, but still not too pertinent to many factions(at least in the psuedo-end times setting where the other races offer a threat. They're also incredibly unlikely because CA would need fairly original assets for them.

Nippon and Cathay are REALLY far away, and left very ambiguous to the audience.

Amazons are a very light bit of flavour to Lustria and are probably less relevant than even the halflings in the Empire.
>>
>>164448551
>>164448551
By being brutal he stopped rebelions that would have killed more and stopped cities from resisting. He always offered the option to surrender.
Also Genghis wasnt responsible for the black death.
>>
>>164448551
still a good general tho.
>>
>>164447381
They're a good early game unit since they can do a bunch of things alright. Position them behind your main line and on a hill and they can fire into the enemy if the enemy makes a hole, and then charge in to fill the gap, or have them swing around the side aiding in fighitng off enemy skirmishers and then hitting the rear of the enemy line. in mid game they can set up flanking maneuvers or ambushes for enemy light elements. in late game they lose all effectiveness and should be replaced with professionals
>>
>>164448426
not really touched on as far as I can tell. The Empire and Bretonnia had proper army books which is where the units come from, while Kislev and the Dogs of War (which represents all the southern nations) have had official rules released before, from where CA could develop armies.

Having said that, Araby will need to be introduced when the Tomb Kings are added so there's that, Amazons when they do the western continents (and we'll hopefully get Pirate Vampires)
>>
>>164448695
>herp derp, if we kill everyone in the world and burn it to the ground, it won't rebel later
>>
>>164448983
> Warnings and examples are useless
>>
custom sieges on Attila are the absolute fuckign worst
what the fuck were they thinking
>>
File: 6261673_orig.jpg (31KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
6261673_orig.jpg
31KB, 500x525px
Post your Top 5 Generals of all Time
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>>164448983
well he got what he got by right of conquest no pussyfooting around it but walking into a city choping up all the males and raping the women is not that uncommon for the time
its not just a mongol traditional pass time
>>
>>164446627
The easiest thing to do for battles by far is to watch the small video guides on Part Elite's youtube channel, he goes into the core concepts of Total War games vs traditional RTS.

As far as Campaign goes, it really is free form & depends on your faction but just remember that diplomacy is do-able & useful, expansion is necessary & as you get stronger so will other factions.

You also want to make sure you're decently prepared for the Chaos invasions at like what turn 100?
>>
>>164449097
>Caesar
>Belisarius
>Genghis Khan
>Patton
>Hannibal Barca
>>
>>164449097
Karl Franz IS Prince and Emperor so he gets 2 slots at the top.
dunno bout the rest
>>
>>164449097
>Karl
>Vlad
>Belegar
>Grombrindal
>Durthu
>>
>>164449058
>killing everyone who could have spread the word is a warning

Kingdoms literally adopted a "do not even talk to the Mongols, just fight for your lives" policy where every able bodied male instantly rose up to try to defend themselves because everyone who encountered the horsefuckers didn't come back

>>164449178
>you can do whatever you want with a defeated enemy
>it's just their culture man
>who cares about advancements in technology or philosophy, might is right!

oy vey
>>
>>164446965

Okay, just checked, and that should be Falcom - not Eras.
Sorry.

And, yeah, I know Mongols are awesome, no need to sell them. 'Preaching to the Choir' here.

It's just too bad Temujin's sons were such shits and failed to follow his laws - might have gone a bit better, otherwise.
Or maybe not ...
>>
File: 1468355289885.png (8KB, 272x85px) Image search: [Google]
1468355289885.png
8KB, 272x85px
>>164449097
Subutai
Italian man from Corsica
Karl Franz
ODA NOBUNAGA
Basil II
>>
>>164449097
>Scipio Africanus
>Napoopan
>Agrippa
>Subutai
>Nobunaga
>>
>>164447868
you forget the other men at arms
swordsmen i think it's still missing
>>
>>164449315
>Two stunties
If the stunties are so good, why did they lose to gobbos and rats?
>>
>>164446627
The core of TW battles is morale & sending your opponents fleeing the battlefield.

The most basic & important way of doing that is by clashing with them in a sort of battle line vs battle line & then smashing them from behind in a flank attack - ie. Hammer & Anvil.

With your archers how you said you do ranged vs ranged, while you might start the battle with ranged units skirmishing, what you really want to keep in mind is that shields facing in the direction of where the missiles are coming from can help block the missile fire, so hit them in the side/behind & especially target unshielded high value units like all those 2handed melee units running around waiting to be shot to shit.
>>
>>164449403
>it's just too bad Temujin's sons were such shits and failed to follow his laws

Why do you want to live on an earth comprised solely of pastoral land anon?
>>
>>164449097

Lee
Forrest
Longstreet
Jackson
Temujin

inb4 THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!
>>
>>164449825
>Lee

you mean the butcher right?
>>
>>164447290
Arabia, khazak, Indonesia,
>>
>>164449097
>Napoleon
>Julius Ceasar
>Belisarius
>Hindenburg
>Nobunaga
>>
>>164449917

>Robert Edward Lee
>butcher

Git outta my sight 'afore I git muh Springfild, ya Yankee shit!
>>
File: the south will rise.jpg (82KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
the south will rise.jpg
82KB, 477x539px
>>164449825
>top five generals of all time
>four confederates who lost their war

anon right now
>>
File: 1464713455547.jpg (217KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464713455547.jpg
217KB, 960x720px
>>164449097

>Reinhard von Lohengramm
>Napoleon
>Hannibal
>Khalid ibn Walid
>Belisarius
>>
I'm really starting to think that a lot of monster units being shit is solely because their attack animations suck ass, they're well animated yes, but what they accomplish is much worse.
>>
File: monpepe.png (333KB, 749x589px) Image search: [Google]
monpepe.png
333KB, 749x589px
>>164448551
>>164448983
>>164449382
>>164449667
>>
>>164450314
I'll still use monster units just because i love watching their special attacks and the explosions of gore they can cause.

nothings better than seeing elves get vaporized as a monstrous infantry unit charges into them.
>>
>>164449097
>Napoopan Boopaparte
>William Slim
>Hannibal Barca
>Georgy Zhukov
>Oda Nobunaga
>>
>>164450413
Its really too bad. They could at least remove a couple of the dumb ones like the giant yelling thing, or at least make the special attacks faster.
>>
>>164406718

On for just a sec, but I am not sure how to do that. The CDIR unit priority table assigns values that seem to dictate unit quality in the AI's eyes. I made sure to model or even exceed the vanilla values and set it up so higher grade units had higher values (the same way they did in vanilla - a cataphract would have a high value while a slinger would have a low one).

Clearly that doesn't fix it. You could make it so lower quality units are lost at higher tiers, but that can lead to problems on its own too.

I'd ask AE or whatever other mods are out there how they've made the AI recruit more higher grade stuff.
>>
File: stabby_stabby.jpg (648KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stabby_stabby.jpg
648KB, 1920x1080px
>mfw it's stabby time
>>
>>164450512
Screaming and shouting was a giants ability. It should have more of a debuff effect when it happens however. to make it more useful.

would make it much better.
>>
>>164450157

Got me some (You)'s though ... :D

Okay, but seriously:

Frederick the Great (4 kicking the shit out of all the major Powers of the time)
Temujin (4 the last grand stand of steppe cavalry)
Hannibal (4 being awesomer than Romans - at least for a little while)
Longstreet (4 figuring out WW1 50 years ahead)
Belisarius (4 all the shit that got done despite all the shit that went down)
>>
>>164440326
rollin
>>
>>164451161
>royal schythia
FUCK THAT LMAO rerollin
>>
>>164450787
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mmFPyDK_8
>>
>>164450314
Crypt Horrors, Treekin and Minotaurs are pretty crazy, it's just trolls and spawn that are underwhelming.
>>
>>164450787
>last
are you stupid?
>>
>>164451613
>>164450314

Am I the only person who likes armoured chaos trolls? They break easily but wreck shit if used properly
>>
Why the fuck haven't welves conquered the entire setting?
Orion fucking moved to the other side of the empire to kill one stack of poopoopeepee while dorfs were getting stomped by Archaon and Big Bird, then kicked their shit in when they tried to pursue him, then went to razing Castle Drakenhof before going home.
>>
>>164452540
They only care about Athel Loren; and Orion is just some douche
>>
>>164440105
So how long before Karl Franz was this?
>>
>>164452540
>Never fought with them yet
>Got dragged into a war with them once, but we ended it without any bloodshed

Are they really that bad?
>>
>>164452540

Don't wood elves like, have a really really small populace?
>>
File: 1310602127072.gif (1MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1310602127072.gif
1MB, 400x226px
>>164446584
>reinstall steam

Anyone got that gif of the rock rolling his eyes? This is the very last fucking thing I will do to try and resolve a problem, and always the first thing people will suggest is one of the solutions.
>>
>>164447278
can you explain hammer and nail?
>>
>>164449097
freddy boy
napoopoo
caesar
hannibal
davout
>>
>>164453448
yes. the AI cheats like a mother fucker and doesn't need amber. So they can confederate and pop out high tier units by turn 13. FUCKING TURN 13. They then proceed to assrape Bretonnia. And for some reason the AI is super aggressive, when the WE should really be isolationist
>>
Medieval 3 when?
>>
File: 20170103024830_1.jpg (654KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103024830_1.jpg
654KB, 1920x1080px
the most annoying looking force I've ever seen, not to mention the epic late-game units in an "uprising"
>>
>>164452924

This was immediately before Magnus the Pious, so ~250 years.
>>
File: th.jpg (15KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
15KB, 300x250px
>>164453897
Here. You engage the enemy in a frontal attack and hit them from behind causing panic.
Notice how subutai drew his opponents attention to the perceived threat and then used his cavalry to hit them like a hammer from behind
>>
>>164454307

Taking Kraka Drak can be a pain early on, I usually let a chaos uprising destroy them.
>>
What faction is best faction for darthmod empire ?
>>
>>164454501
>putting your anti-flank force in a blob ready for wrapping

of course it isn't that simple, but what went wrong?
>>
>>164454651
Spain or Ottoman Empire
>>
>>164454501
So would you recommend like Cavalry to be the hammer?
>>
So why did CA buff welfs anyways? They were perfectly fine before the patch and now they're overpowered.
>>
File: e45EUQp.jpg (35KB, 554x960px) Image search: [Google]
e45EUQp.jpg
35KB, 554x960px
>>164454748
>otturdman empire
>>
>>164454772
Yes due to.mobility and the fact a charge can cut deep. Disorder is what you want because panic is contagious and if people perceive there is no escape they will run. Cavalry is superior to infantry for that reason. Infantry is the board the nail goes in. It holds them. That's why cavalry should be uncommitted and left to keep the opponent off balance.
>>164454694
Subutai scouted the area better and had a mobility advantage
>>
>>164454845
>So why did CA buff welfs anyways?
Because all the fucking casuals weren't able to adapt to the different playstyle although I don't feel like they play differently

Also
>muh two Beastmen stacks on turn 5 in the mini-campaign
Just idiots being too stupid to comprehend that they spawned from upgrading the Oak.
>>
File: wolfhound.jpg (136KB, 350x485px) Image search: [Google]
wolfhound.jpg
136KB, 350x485px
>all the different hounds look the same in attila
bullshit, I wanted to see a wolfhound shred the shit out of an enemy
>>
File: world of tanks.jpg (559KB, 1603x900px) Image search: [Google]
world of tanks.jpg
559KB, 1603x900px
I really love tanks.
>>
>>164455350

DEATH IN THE SHAPE OF A PANZER BATTALION
>>
File: Tomb Kings still not announced.gif (362KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Kings still not announced.gif
362KB, 475x347px
> Tomb Kings still not announced
>>
File: IMG_0124.jpg (236KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0124.jpg
236KB, 1440x900px
G O B L I N S
>>
File: kill gobbos.jpg (228KB, 870x1305px) Image search: [Google]
kill gobbos.jpg
228KB, 870x1305px
>>164455940
daily reminder to kill gobbos
>>
File: kill gobbos.jpg (250KB, 870x1305px) Image search: [Google]
kill gobbos.jpg
250KB, 870x1305px
>>164456463
>>
So is Dorthu or however it's spelled one of the best fighters in the game? He seems pretty fucking strong but I dunno diddly about min maxing.
>>
>>164456539
>>
>>164447132
>tolerated religions

kek

To an extent.
>>
>>164450314
It really depends how you use them. They do a ton of damage on their own but will be overwhelmed.

But, if you charge them in first and then have a unit follow in behind to smash into the broken formation they both end up doing a ton of work.
>>
>>164454972

How can you say Cavalry is superior to Infantry, when Cavalry is only conditionally good? Yes the Cav is the hammer to the infantries anvil, but without the anvil, the hammer is useless
>>
GORKS FIST
>>
>>164457090
archers
lone groups of non-spear infantry
retreating infantry

cmon man
>>
>>164457090
I think maybe he means Cavalry are better for the role of Hammer than infantry? You could flank with infantry all the same but it lacks those characteristics of speed, maneuverability, shock & impact.
>>
>>164454307

>Chaos rebels

How fucking chaotic do you have to be to rebel against chaos?
>>
>>164441414
Vanilla S2 battles are too fast for a beginner
>>
>>164458156
Nah s'cool.
>>
>>164458156
I wouldn't say that, but even so, this is a pretty decent mod that I've been using that slows it down.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103143761
>>
>>164448035
Every DoW unit is unique and even the "vanilla" pikemen regiments have a twist to them like having a first row of crossbowmen, Tilea would be sweet.
>>
>>164449216
I don't get how Patton was that great, admittedly I never looked much into it because by what I read he was quite a cunt but all in all what did he do that some other american couldn't, considering how the war was going when he arrived?
>>
>>164456619

>what if it were a

Every time.
>>
>>164448035
>war bear cavalry
Just like the empire focuses on Gryphon flying cavalry.
>>
File: doggy dog.png (1MB, 1356x528px) Image search: [Google]
doggy dog.png
1MB, 1356x528px
>>164458385
>>
>>164457090
All cav will beat all inf unless the inf hides in a massive blob.
>>
>>164454845
>Game is constantly praised for it's faction variety
>WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! how come this faction doesn't play like the others?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! BUFF PLS
Something like this happened, shitters can't git gud, even while they had all the required tools to be very capable

Only things that needed a fix were the Wildwood Rangers (which will be nerfed next patch, thank god), Archers being useless in forests, which will never be adressed and the elite archers (Deepwood and Waywatchers) being too expensive for what they do
>>
File: Duke Alberic of Bordeleaux.png (532KB, 869x498px) Image search: [Google]
Duke Alberic of Bordeleaux.png
532KB, 869x498px
>>164447868

>Green Knight LL

S-T-O-P

They've already fucking announced the third Legendary Lord

It's this faggot
>>
File: 1481999176517.jpg (637KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481999176517.jpg
637KB, 1920x1200px
I believe your generic greeting was telling me to leave the forest, wasn't it Beastman?
>>
>>164459332

>Alberic wants to go questing but his son won't let him
>>
>>164459312
The buff wasn't very substantial except for the fuck up with the Rangers.
>WAAAAH MY QUARRELERS ARE OUTRANGED NOW, GUESS I'LL STACK PHYSICAL RESISTANCE
>>
So I just realized that the Vampire Lord blue skill "Children of the night" rank 2 increases the total capacity for all heros. I though it was just the vampire and not wight king/banshee/necromancer.
>>
>>164459384
Why do elves constantly greet me as traitor when I play him?
>>
>>164459517
Its a bug
>>
>>164435353

Around Aberdeen
>>
File: roll.jpg (45KB, 868x147px) Image search: [Google]
roll.jpg
45KB, 868x147px
>posting a roll chart on reddit

which one of you fags did this?
>>
Is it just me or do flying monsters tend to miss their charges half the time. Sometimes they take of massive chunks of a hero/lord/monsters health, other times they miss and then run around and do nowhere near as much damage
>>
File: 1482620003198.jpg (277KB, 1125x861px) Image search: [Google]
1482620003198.jpg
277KB, 1125x861px
>>164460843
THIS MEANS WAR
>>
>>164460843
>Redditors are so retarded they can't figure out how a roll chart works
>>
>>164460843
that was me

I'm not even ashamed :)
>>
>>164460992
They can find online dice programs I guess
>>
File: typical_elf_whore.jpg (540KB, 1920x2716px) Image search: [Google]
typical_elf_whore.jpg
540KB, 1920x2716px
>>164460946
COME FIGHT ME by raping me like the elf whore I am!
>>
>>164460843
Why should we care?
>>
What mods do you guys use for Attila? After playing DeI I really cannot stand the vanilla battle speed, it's way too fast.
>>
File: 1335812413067.jpg (458KB, 833x600px) Image search: [Google]
1335812413067.jpg
458KB, 833x600px
>>164461193
A knight shall never dishonor himself with such an unchivalrous creature.
>>
File: SUq1cdM.png (540KB, 352x527px) Image search: [Google]
SUq1cdM.png
540KB, 352x527px
I have a decision to make.

I could fight the Pics to the north, then go south and relieve Britain

or

I could fight off the Caledonians, freeing up my Britain senpaitachi, then turning towards the Picts

The thing is, I don't know if my army could take a full stack fight twice in one turn. I need advice from the /twg/ brains trust.
>>
>>164461498
Not even The Lady?
>>
File: monotheistsbtfo.jpg (544KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
monotheistsbtfo.jpg
544KB, 1920x1080px
have fun in jail christfag
>>
File: BRETONNIA_1.jpg (319KB, 485x641px) Image search: [Google]
BRETONNIA_1.jpg
319KB, 485x641px
>>164461587
I... DO YOU MISTAKE ME FOR A CHURL?!
>>
>>164461695
Taking you for a churl would be no mistake
>>
File: 1-grail-knight.jpg (398KB, 1595x2121px) Image search: [Google]
1-grail-knight.jpg
398KB, 1595x2121px
>>164461747
Fill your hand, peasant. Prepare to breathe your last!
>>
File: 20170103215534_1.jpg (549KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103215534_1.jpg
549KB, 1920x1080px
>when the outmeme the enemies army composition

nuthin personnel... git...
>>
File: LME_Launcher_v2.jpg (312KB, 1332x921px) Image search: [Google]
LME_Launcher_v2.jpg
312KB, 1332x921px
>want to download LME for nappy
>see this
why this shit gotta be so complicated
>>
>>164462028
I would hate to see the hard way.
>>
>>164461009
Why the hell are you using smilies when you are writing with other men, you absolute faggot.
>>
>>164462246
Why are you so angry? :(
>>
File: nI22aX1.jpg (434KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nI22aX1.jpg
434KB, 1920x1080px
>>164461564
Well I chose to sit tight. They came to me with a small (3 unit) stack with them. Sorted them out and the Caledonians are still laying siege to London
>>
>>164462324
Ebdanians*
God all these fucking factions are the same
>>
File: Crossbow-Chinese-Origins.jpg (77KB, 652x300px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbow-Chinese-Origins.jpg
77KB, 652x300px
I want Total War to go back to it's roots, TW R2 and onwards doesn't feel too fun for me with entirely new mechanics scheme in the overworld.

I am hoping for a TW to focus on ancient china and the warring states
>>
>>164461238
becuz muh sikrit club
LEEEEEEE
>>
>>164462369
>ancient china and the warring states
Yes please, that would be swell
>>
>>164461238
Would you use something from reddit as the op?
>>
>>164462463
If its a good meme or interesting image, yeah. In fact I have already.
>>
File: mak_9024-04.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mak_9024-04.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>164462369
>>164462438

Battles that would number to the million, I don't think any computer can handle it.

They also had some pretty sweet gadgets invented.
>>
>>164462508
What ancient battle ever got to a million men?
>>
>>164460946
>This is Rome having a pitched battle
>"Pitched Battle" means "Please don't kill me, please forgive me".
>>
File: 20170103201741_1.jpg (838KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103201741_1.jpg
838KB, 1920x1080px
Whatever happened to the option to have the AI control allied armies? I'd would be nice if this could happen all at once rather than a wave of reinforcements
>>
>>164462549
the ones the chinese would write about
>>
Man, Kislev had it tough in the lore.

Like the finale of the Siege of Praag, where Chaos literally rained down raw chaos power onto the city, doing shit like literally fusing the people together with the city, effectively creating one big suffering glowing tumor.
>>
>>164461193
be careful what you wish for wench
>>
>>164462549
Battle of Chingping I believe it was called, about 500,000 on each side, though not sure how many of them were armed forces, not unusual to have hundreds of thousands of peasants accompanying as logistical support
>>
File: 20170103044458_1.jpg (398KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170103044458_1.jpg
398KB, 1600x900px
No Manlet, you're going down you piece of shit.
>>
>>164462891
I'd say Sima Qian writing about Chinese shit is about as reliable as Herodotus writing about Greek shit.
>>
>>164462804
>Wooooooooow
>It took chaos magic to kill me
>>
File: 3lkwlCj.png (995KB, 1176x475px) Image search: [Google]
3lkwlCj.png
995KB, 1176x475px
Dude what
>>
>upgrade sarmatian cataphracts to elite sarmatian cataphracts
>lose 20 melee defense

at least I got 2 shitty precursor arrows :^)
>>
File: n9XsVOE.png (935KB, 1423x376px) Image search: [Google]
n9XsVOE.png
935KB, 1423x376px
>>164463087
What is happening to my game dudes
>>
>>164462501
>if it's a good meme
please leave
>>
>>164462324
You probably would have been ok to fight the full stack to the north first then turn south and take out the other celts.
Whats your strat in Britain?

Also why are archers so shit in Attila and slingers so based?
>>
>>164463214
Either way I killed both of them.

My strat is help Britain to control all of Britain and use them as a shield to live with, like a parasite.

Because CA hates you. And me.
>>
File: lEQVnmw.png (420KB, 437x670px) Image search: [Google]
lEQVnmw.png
420KB, 437x670px
DUDE
AXES
LMAO
>>
>>164463203
I think you'd be surprised how many popular /twg/ and 4chan memes have come from reddit newfag
>>
File: 1470347938855.jpg (638KB, 2000x2786px) Image search: [Google]
1470347938855.jpg
638KB, 2000x2786px
>>164462804

Praag has been rebuilt that many times just because they can't get rid of the chaos corruption afterwards, so they end up razing their own city afterwards.
>>
>>164463427
>420KB
D U D E
>>
I hope no more fantastical themes for Total War. I really dislike Warhammer
>>
>>164462028
firstly because europoors are retarded and insist on language options and secondly NTW only works with narrow campaigns ala the Napoleon story mode.
>>
>>164463793

Warhammer is the only fantasy franchise worthy of a Total War game anyways.
>>
>>164462549
Battles in the millions were fairly common during the Mongol invasions and yuan dynasty like the battle of samarkand.
>>
File: 1905.webm (3MB, 425x240px) Image search: [Google]
1905.webm
3MB, 425x240px
>tfw no V:TW yet
>>
>>164462676
You tick off >control large army you fag
>>
>>164463448
Dude looks like an end-game WoW character
>>
post med 2 screen shots
>>
File: hbCM3B4.png (37KB, 270x88px) Image search: [Google]
hbCM3B4.png
37KB, 270x88px
>>164464242
>>
>>164463941
What's this from?
>>
>>164460843
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5lqwjy/since_im_at_it_already_for_everyone_who_cant/
they don't understand dubs
>>
>>164464203
>tfw warcraft was originally intended to be a warhammer game but they didn't get the licensing
>wow could have been world of warhammer
>>
>>164464612
Yes and then Gw would nt have gone the same way, stop wishing for the past to change as I like it how it is so stop wishing for change
>>
>>164448082
>>164447868
>>164459332
So the Enchantress is a Wizard, Louen is a grail knight and Alberic is not a grail knight, giving each lord unique abilities.

>>164463441
>>164462384
>4chan is reddit XD you newfig!

Holy cancer, fuck off. It's clear now why this general explodes in bitching everytime Trump is mentioned, you cancerous rS4P people come here because your website is too shit.
>>
>>164463087
You ruined everything
>>
>>164462028
What campaign year for LME is the best?
>>164465098
You're just as fucking retarded as they are, dumbass.
>>
>>164465098
>he doesn't want the sites to overlap so that /twg/ can then screw reddit over in online battles like /wgg/ did
>>
File: attila 2017-01-03 00-39-42-68.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-03 00-39-42-68.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
The epic AFRICAN KANG showdown
>>
>>164440105
Good job Ottilia, very well done.
>>
File: 1455319717081.jpg (103KB, 800x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1455319717081.jpg
103KB, 800x1223px
Working on a skulltakerz overhaul mod but I can't find any good lore sources on savage orcs since they are so minor. Also I haven't played tabeletop since 2003.
Would it be lore friendly to let them recruit all the forest goblin units?
>>
File: attila 2017-01-03 00-53-19-87.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-03 00-53-19-87.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
>>164465284
someone watched too much 300 it seems
>>
File: laughing knife ears.jpg (355KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing knife ears.jpg
355KB, 446x400px
>>164447793
>finest army in Europe
>this is what Hungarians actually believe
>>
>>164465098
Reddit is the biggest Trump fanclub on the internet retard. To like Trump is to be a redditor.
>>
>>164465235
>You're just as retarded XDDD
>I'm not reddit I swear

No, fuck off redditor
>>
File: WVhYdFu.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WVhYdFu.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
Whew
Fuck Caledonia
>>
File: attila 2017-01-03 00-58-27-91.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-03 00-58-27-91.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>164465372
>>
>>164465405
>romania is a country
>this is what romanians actually believe
>>
>>164465414
>To like Trump is to be a redditor.
This is like when leftists say to like trump is to be alt-right
>>
File: Battle of London.jpg (347KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of London.jpg
347KB, 1024x768px
>>164464242
Taken somewhere around '08/09.
>>
File: attila 2017-01-03 01-02-58-31.jpg (387KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-03 01-02-58-31.jpg
387KB, 1920x1080px
>>164465487
I pressed end battle right after the screenshot. He didn't die
>>
>>164465325
Has this woman ever eaten anything in her life? Jesus fuck
>>
File: Ea6t1ly.jpg (38KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Ea6t1ly.jpg
38KB, 300x169px
>>164465448
>mum! look! i called him reddit!!
>do you love me now mum!?
>>
>>164465414
Classic redditard posting a lose-lose scenario
>>
File: attila 2017-01-03 03-20-50-06.jpg (455KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-03 03-20-50-06.jpg
455KB, 1920x1080px
>>164465570
I nuked 2 armies in the south. They don't want to fight me. God damn, I wish I had night battles.
>>
File: oSfm2q7.jpg (790KB, 1900x2561px) Image search: [Google]
oSfm2q7.jpg
790KB, 1900x2561px
>you will never build a Prussian doomstack fleet and sink the British navy
>>
>>164465576
Yes.
>>
>>164465521
Honest question, whom do Hungarians hate the most?
Turks, Romanians or Austrians/Germans?
>>
>>164465690
You can already do that in both Empire and Napoopan.
>>
>>164465773
Very easily turks no competition at all.
Romanians aren't relevant enough to be hated. They just hate the powers that forced them to cede land to Romania.
Austrians at least saved them from the Turks the first time around, and they were pretty loyal to the German cause recently.
>>
>>164465773
I guess Ottomans, than the Austrians back in 1848 and now Turks.
>>
>>164465824
But not in Victoria...
>>
Is napoleon not meant to have border lines on the campaign map?
wtf
>>
>>164465824
He's talking to me. I will never do that.
I've played enough Napoopan and I'll never touch Empire ever again.

>>164465835
Seperating Ottomans and Turks
;^)
>>
>>164465854
You're not supposed to fight England as Prussia in Victoria.
You're supposed to unite Germany and jizz you grey load all over Europe and Russia.
>>
File: 1378416298684.gif (438KB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
1378416298684.gif
438KB, 350x255px
>>164465969
>fighting a land war in russia
>>
>>164465903
well I'm also separating between dog shit and horse shit
>>
>>164464309
a movie
>>
File: f8XC7lP.png (286KB, 392x367px) Image search: [Google]
f8XC7lP.png
286KB, 392x367px
yall nigs wanna tell me how a faction with one settlement can maintain a stack and a half?
>>
>>164466032
Russia is an absolute pushover in Victoria though.
>>
>>164465630
>>164465529
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: SQEEOlb.jpg (72KB, 565x330px) Image search: [Google]
SQEEOlb.jpg
72KB, 565x330px
>>164466129
Also wondering that.
>>
Question about Attila.

When playing as WRE, what territory do you want to defend at all costs, besides the African plains?

In my current campaign I'm making a point of defending Rome and Carthago at all costs, but as I start to lose territory in Germany I'm getting worried I won't be able to defend Italia.

I already know Britannia is mostly a lost cause, but with a bit of luck and skill I still haven't lost a province in turn 20. Should I start thinking of developing and trying to hold it more dearly, or is the worst still to come?
>>
>>164463941
Looks like a movie about the Russo-Japanese War.
>>
>>164466230
You can hold everything if you play it right. You're still almost too big to fall.
Just give it your best shots, play your defeats and see how well you go.
>>
>>164466230
There are gold mines in spain which are, well, gold mines for cash. Hold on to them at all costs.
>>
>>164465325
I don't think anybody will call you off for including forest goblins with savage orcs
>>
File: augustus_prima_head.jpg (37KB, 301x450px) Image search: [Google]
augustus_prima_head.jpg
37KB, 301x450px
>>164466230
>what territory do you want to defend at all costs
All of them.
>>164464309
>google Russo-Japanese war movie
>look at list
>click most recent
>search in youtube
>found it
It's a tv series called "Sakano ue no kumo".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erk83OXMvYo
>>
File: 1455319399120.jpg (273KB, 958x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1455319399120.jpg
273KB, 958x1440px
>>164466348
Thanks
>>
>want to play S2/FOTS with some sort of overhaul mod
TROM3, Sekigahara, or Land of The Rising Sun (FOTS)?
shits hard to decide ayo
>>
File: grace111.png (432KB, 577x440px) Image search: [Google]
grace111.png
432KB, 577x440px
nth for #grace #2017
>>
File: anime girl excited.gif (257KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl excited.gif
257KB, 600x338px
>>164465325
>>164466602
Please keep posting these.
>>
>>164465284
But they're jews not africans
>>
>>164465478
>losing that much cav
WEW LAD
>>
>>164442363
>horsefuckers that think being on foot is the world's biggest disgrace
>UH YEAH I THINK THEY NEED LIKE 4 MORE INFANTRY CHOICES AT THE ABSOLUTE BARE MINIMUM

were you oxygen deprived as a child
>>
>>164459332
>no Green Knight
Fucking why?
>>
>>164465284
What was that racist af mod someone made for Trigger Warning: Attila that had some over-the-top fantasy element to it?
>>
>>164455350

Isn't there only like eight of those in the whole empire according to fluff?
>>
>>164466129
Because you have a basic income of 2k, so they'll only have like 50 income left
>>
>>164466845
I lost a lot of everything mang
>>
>>164466901
they've confirmed he'll be in, just not as an LL
>>
>>164466901

CA is being pretty cryptic about the Green Knight

He's in the promotional art they put out, and when people on Plebbit were complaining about him not being included Darren responded with "Who says he isn't in there"
>>
>>164466974
Horses are worth more than anything, you should have learned this by now
>>164467030
He's a legendary hero
>>
>>164467076

>He's a legendary hero

Source: Your asshole
>>
File: MannfredGoAway.jpg (955KB, 1650x950px) Image search: [Google]
MannfredGoAway.jpg
955KB, 1650x950px
How disappointed do you think Vlad is in Manny?
>>
File: tm3xr.jpg (53KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
tm3xr.jpg
53KB, 416x700px
>Bretonnia released in Feb
>Still won't be able to crusade on Araby
>>
>>164466690
zoom and enhance those computer screens, lets have a look at thos Tomb Kings
>>
>>164467002
>>164467030
I just hope he won't be another grombrindal, because I'm not taking a boat to fucking Helsinki of all places to get the fucking code.
>>
File: 1455319619314.jpg (243KB, 958x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1455319619314.jpg
243KB, 958x1440px
>>164466702
>>
>>164467337

Estonian?
>>
File: C1PzbB0WgAAFI7q.jpg (196KB, 1200x895px) Image search: [Google]
C1PzbB0WgAAFI7q.jpg
196KB, 1200x895px
>>164467321
>>
>>164467452
t. guy who doesn't know what this meme means
>>
File: anime_lewd.jpg (51KB, 520x550px) Image search: [Google]
anime_lewd.jpg
51KB, 520x550px
>>164466602
What's the story behind these?
>>
File: ul2xay5[1].jpg (302KB, 1024x1321px) Image search: [Google]
ul2xay5[1].jpg
302KB, 1024x1321px
>>164466702
>>164467353
Belgium
>>
Well I've pacified tutorial island. Everyone is either dead, driven off or a tribute state. My objectives are just to "survive" so do I just keep smashing end turn until I win?
>>
File: goblins.png (334KB, 598x438px) Image search: [Google]
goblins.png
334KB, 598x438px
DOWN DOWN TO GOBLIN TOWN DOWN DOWN TO GOBLIN TOWN DOWN
>>
>>164467534
miss euorpe
winner was bearded 3 years ago
>>
File: elmeWr4[1].jpg (296KB, 958x1440px) Image search: [Google]
elmeWr4[1].jpg
296KB, 958x1440px
>>164467534
It's Miss Universe National Costumes 2015.

Bolivia
>>
>>164467617

>winner was bearded 3 years ago

Wasn't that the Eurovision Song Contest?

Or did the crossdresser win Miss Europe too?
>>
File: 1483361869954.jpg (440KB, 1120x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1483361869954.jpg
440KB, 1120x1274px
postin and rollin

re-rollin on Empire (just finished) or beasties and welves because I don't have em
>>
>>164467645
Oh cool thanks
So what was Belgium thinking >>164467554 here?
>>164467664
Seconding this.
I only remember him winning ESC.
>>
>>164467701
based Karl, I just finished a campaign with you. Re-rollin
>>
File: huddle.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
huddle.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
ah yes the infamous roman huddle strategy
>>
>>164467758
screw you Tzeentch, re-rollin again
>>
File: UiobjYj[1].jpg (390KB, 1024x1412px) Image search: [Google]
UiobjYj[1].jpg
390KB, 1024x1412px
>>164467715
Belgium is a non-country so what is there to think about?

Indonesia
>>
File: EdjicAc[1].jpg (361KB, 958x1440px) Image search: [Google]
EdjicAc[1].jpg
361KB, 958x1440px
>>164467859
Ireland
>>
>>164467859
>Belgium is a non-country
DELETE THIS
>>
File: huddle2.jpg (712KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
huddle2.jpg
712KB, 1920x1080px
>>164467783
that didn't work out too well for them
>>
>>164449097
1. Alexander
2. Temujin/Subotai COMBO
3. Napoleon
4. Marlborough
5. Hernan Cortes

Nobunaga, Henry V, Fabius Maximus, Guderian, Rommel, Hannibal, Stilicho, Belisaurius all honorable mentions.
>>
File: 1450295475675.png (354KB, 1017x765px) Image search: [Google]
1450295475675.png
354KB, 1017x765px
>>164467783

>he doesn't use the immovable spartan huddle of doom

https://youtu.be/aQNn4SGPSKc?t=13
>>
>>164462508
Any source that says a million is bullshit, but they could def back the zoom camera up a bit and increase unit models ala ultimate general. CA is more competent than darth, they could do it no problem. I dont need cinematics of assassin heros jumping on some chinese generals war chariot.
>>
>>164449097
>fredrick barbarosa
>Herr Hitler
>rupert of the rhine
>cromwell
>richard the lion heart
honorary manlet
Molotov
>>
File: darkness_blanket.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
darkness_blanket.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>>164467859
>Beglium's and Germany's costumes
>>
File: Max_stirner[1].jpg (10KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner[1].jpg
10KB, 200x237px
>>164467859
Anon, countries aren't real
>>
>>164449097
Caesar, Hannibal, Alexander, Napoleon and you
>>
>>164468115
aside from your silly memes, should cromwell's actions in ireland be considered an even victory of genius or a stomping? According to Hume his actions in the Civil War were just shattering cavalry charges in support of other men's troops.
>>
File: Conquistador_happy.jpg (123KB, 572x469px) Image search: [Google]
Conquistador_happy.jpg
123KB, 572x469px
>>164466602
>Spain literally dressed as sexy Isabella from Civ4
Absolutely based
>>
>>164468193
Spooks are a spook.
>>
File: refillammo.jpg (77KB, 255x623px) Image search: [Google]
refillammo.jpg
77KB, 255x623px
huh.. so this.. this is the power of unlimited ammo....
>>
What's the cheesiest and most metagamey way to win in Attila? I like playing games as efficiently and effectively as possible but newer TW games always seem to slow to a crawl because you have to garrison and/or fortify everything to stop random armies from sacking or razing everything on higher difficulties.
>>
File: tww_10.jpg (488KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tww_10.jpg
488KB, 1920x1080px
Okay I actually don't know what the optimal choice for this is
>>
File: Caesar.jpg (507KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar.jpg
507KB, 1920x1080px
>>164449097
Napoleon
Genghis Khan
Alexander
Eugene of Savoy
Julius Caesar
>>
>>164468457

Stacks of horse archers

AI has no idea what to do against them
>>
>>164468467
IS MORK!
>>
>>164468467
Low fightiness Gork
Moderately high fightiness Mork
It doesn't really matter either way since you get the same amount of fightiness, you just get an extra turn of +fightiness with mork
>>
News today?
>>
>>164468518
Eugene is nifty but including him above Marlborough is folly
>>
>>164468553
But don't horse archers do no damage against units with any armour whatsoever? I'm assuming you would be using the cheap ones here to be able to afford full stacks.
>>
>>164468621
yes cheesegap is fake news, read about it in the papers dont even know what cheesegap is
>>
>>164468621
Today is not the day.
>>
>>164468467
Gork
>>
>>164467452
russian
>>
>>164468816
Wait, you lads really don't have a single GW store in St. Petersburg?
>>
>>>/his/2165471
fucking leftist scum calling us weak
>>
File: 1384664596812.jpg (119KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1384664596812.jpg
119KB, 667x1000px
what the FUCK is the point of miners?
>>
>>164469341
Gold and gems are pretty hype.
>>
>>164469341
Take down gates. Also they do fairly good damage with blasting charges.
>>
>>164469341
Cheap anti-armor, cheap bomb throwing and gate destroying.
>>
File: HorseArchersAreBullshit.jpg (438KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
HorseArchersAreBullshit.jpg
438KB, 1680x1050px
>>164468628

Not how it works.

Shields/armor/etc only negate a portion of the attack, not the attack itself

Ergo it doesn't matter how awesome the unit supposedly is, if it gets hit with enough arrows at once it dies every single time.

You can build up stack after stack of the most garbage-tier horse archers and they will shred the most expensive elite roman legions every single time.

It is hilarious.
>>
>>164468863
Nope. We have miniature stores that sell GW products, but they don't get promotional codes like your normal GW stores.
>>
>>164469482
>changing filenames on consolidated memes
s m h t b h f a m
>>
>>164469482
no that is how it works - missile block chance will give a % chance for a unit to block the damage of an incoming missile
>>
File: 20170103141109_1.jpg (344KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170103141109_1.jpg
344KB, 1680x1050px
>This is supposedly dry weather
>That bird is 4 times the size of a man

What is going on in horse fucker land?
>>
>>164469916
Its Sarthorael the Everwatcher.
>>
>>164442153
>orcish missile fire against heavily armored and shielded dwarven units

only the truest of understanders can offer advice this good
>>
Is there a babby WRE strategy? I keep wanting to play as a Roman faction in Attila but I hate losing half my empire to rebels and random stacks that sneak around my borders.
>>
>>164470260
Abandon everything and move to Carthage
>>
>>164470260
In Rome 1 expac, the strategy was always to let them go, and then reconquer.
>>
>>164442153
>orcish missile fire against heavily armored and shielded dwarven units

only the truest of understanders can offer advice this good
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to play Wood Elves? I'm playing Durthu and while fun I tend to take horrendous casualties even when I win because the Elves are so squishy. It didn't help that the Beastmen where on on their A-game and somehow managed to get four cygor early on.

What's a good early game strategy to use with the Welves both strategically on the campaign map and tactically on the battlefield?
>>
>>164470616

Frontline of Treekin and Dryads

Lots and lots of Wild Riders

Hammer and Anvil until you win
>>
>>164470616
Dont use elves as Durthu. Trees and forest spirits only. It crushes autoresolve as well. My endgame army was durthu, a branchwraith, 6 treekin, 4 dryads, 4 treemen, and eagles and forest dragons. I destroyed all evidence of bipedal life.
>>
>>164470836
Genocidal tree war is best war.
>>
Why haven't any of these lazy modders added high elves yet?
>>
>>164471295
Because none of these lazy developers provide mod support
>>
File: MiB3.jpg (331KB, 1506x451px) Image search: [Google]
MiB3.jpg
331KB, 1506x451px
The maze, Dolores
>>
>>164471295
>here we go again
CA doesn't allow to add new textures and meshes to the game because of GW.
>>
File: 8D0.jpg (127KB, 736x1302px) Image search: [Google]
8D0.jpg
127KB, 736x1302px
I JUST WANT MY FUCKING BRETONNIANS

I WANT TO USE KNIGHTS DAMN IT
>>
>>164470616
Lol Elves are squishy. Get shielded Eternal Guard and then spam the fireshaft archers. You don't even need cav, your archers will fuck up everything.
>>
>>164471463
>what are Empire knights
>>
>>164471463
>what are Blood knights
>>
>>164471463
>what are Chaos Knights
>>
File: 20170103165056_1.jpg (647KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103165056_1.jpg
647KB, 1920x1080px
Playing through my first Warhammer campaign. Just how dangerous are hellcannons exactly? Fighting against 4 relatively small armies but all of them have at least 2-3 hellcannons in them
>>
File: lucianone.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
lucianone.gif
3MB, 480x270px
WELCOME TO BRETONNIA
>>
>>164471463
Too bad cavalry heavy charge armies arent viable in this game like in Med 2 and Rome 1. You could create whole armies of cataphracts and perform frontal charges, or bait with archers and then shatter with a charge. MP is even worse, with point buy. From the TT book I read, an even point buy with chaos knights and heros should shatter and empire line, but that doesnt work in this.
>>
>>164471582
very, don't leave them alone
>>
>>164471582
Extremely, spread your units out or get that amber wizard to spawn a manticore and take them out from the air
>>
>>164471582
Pretty nasty, they're not very accurate but they do ridiculous amounts of damage if they hit a unit.
>>
>>164471582
They literally wipe out half a unit with one shot.
>>
>>164471490
>>164471510
>>164471563
>>164471580
>>164471604
THEY'RE JUST NOT *CHIVALRIOUS* ENOUGH
>>
>>164443564
Upgrade The Oak of Ages a little bit and you can cleanse the taint away. No sense in denying yourself powerful magic artifacts just over the threat of dick nipples.
>>
Do you have any quests for Goblins?
>>
>>164471675

>Homing shots.
>Not very accurate.
>>
File: Wh_main_emp_talabecland_256.png (90KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Wh_main_emp_talabecland_256.png
90KB, 256x256px
>>164465312
Hundreds of years and Stirland still jealous af.
>>
>>164471989
The AI can't use them well and will often miss
If you manually aim them they're the best artillery in the game
>>
File: 1482084366699.jpg (594KB, 2792x2732px) Image search: [Google]
1482084366699.jpg
594KB, 2792x2732px
FOTE UPDATE WHEN

ANCIENT EMPIRES UPDATE WHEN

MEDIEVAL 1212 UPDATE WHEN

NEXT HISTORICAL TITLE WHEN

VLAD AS THE FACTION LEADER UPDATE WHEN
>>
where is karak zorn supposed to be? is it past the bottom of the badlands that we have so far? or is it just fictitious in universe.
>>
>>164472074

MEDIEVAL 3 WHEN?
>>
>>164472074
>VLAD AS THE FACTION LEADER UPDATE WHEN
Probably never :(
>>
>>164472298
It's the mythical first hold of the dwarfs.

All they know is that it's supposed to be located somewhere in the Southlands (WHFB Africa). No one knows if the dwarfs of Karak Zorn are still alive or if they're all dead.

Occassionally the dwarfs send an expedition down to the Southlands to try and find it but the few that return report nothing other than endless jungles and a fuckload of angry skinks.
>>
File: zblizenie.jpg (126KB, 1270x823px) Image search: [Google]
zblizenie.jpg
126KB, 1270x823px
>>164472298
>>
is there a good, high level lets play of attila like the sort volound used to make that's good for learning how to play the game at a competent level?
>>
File: 20170104001713_1.jpg (530KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170104001713_1.jpg
530KB, 1920x1080px
>>164472074
>>164472460
>Vlad as faction leader
mods
>>
>>164472668
Legendoftotalwar if you can handle his autism
>>
Am i doing something wrong in Attila or is it just very slow to expand?

Im on turn 85 and i have taken from Egypt to half of Spain, i have to spend 5 turns or so between expansion to sort out buildings and public order.

In Rome 2 i was able to conquer the map by turn 140, i cant see that happening in Attila.
>>
>>164472751
>tfw having Vlad gives all your armies free gold xp just by sitting around
Finally finished a VC campaign now I didn't have to use fucking Manlet
>>
>>164472885

>tfw Gold-chevron garrisons

Absolutely based
>>
>>164472881
It is slower because of horrible public order and constantly needing to defend against random hordes turning up and sacking your settlements for no reason. I guess it might be efficient to just let the AI sack your settlements if you can expand faster by sending your armies abroad but personally I hate being spammed with SETTLEMENT SACKED messages.
>>
>>164463214
Rate of fire and the speed debuff. Volume of shots is way more important when shields are involved.

I never play with archers anymore, just javelins for an easy siege defense.
>>
>Try to manually shoot a hellcannon.
>Can't figure out how to aim the shots.
Send help.
>>
File: 1482662866878.png (16KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1482662866878.png
16KB, 259x224px
Why did nobody ever use mounted slingers?
>>
>>164462989
If you can't understand the FUN of allowing bloodsucking parasites to exist as subservient citizens in your empire, all the while understanding that they will one day try to usurp your rule, then I can surmise you have never played Dwarf Fortress.

I would accept immediately.
>>
>>164473251
Because dismounting to pick up more ammo and carrying a big bag of rocks on your saddle are both equally inconvenient.
>>
>>164473251
Firing a sling accurately requires a lot of training.

Firing a sling accurately while riding a horse is next to impossible.

At least that's my rational guess.
>>
What is the Beastmen objective in the grand campaign, just total destruction? So you could play a coop as Beastmen and Chaos?
>>
>>164473219

Move your mouse up and down

You have to move it a lot to get a noticeable effect, so you'll likely need to move it the entire length of your table and then lift the mouse back to the other end to get enough distance.
>>
>>164447934
I thought it was Alaric I that had a river diverted over his burial sight?
>>
>>164473251
Really awkward to load a stone swing it and aim accurately whilst on a moving horse?

I would imagine the stone would keep falling out.
>>
>>164472074
Rumours says MKTW gonna have an update in 17-1-17

Without the Campaign, of course
>>
>>164473251
Why did nobody ever used mounted grenadiers?
>>
>>164473527
Yes and yes.

Probably one of the best co-op options.
>>
>>164473663
Really now.
What are their main issues with releasing a campaign?
Technical difficulties?
>>
>>164467554
What the hell guys we done fucked up
>>
>>164467701

ROLLIN
>>
>>164473718
Ehm...
>>
File: 20170103093608_1.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103093608_1.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
industrialization was a mistake.
>t. altdorf farmer.
>>
>>164473251
>Can't keep a stable spin to fire accurately
>Bumpy ride, firing while moving is out of the question
>Need to carry a bunch of rocks
Those are some guesses
>>
File: 1482662770713.png (260KB, 620x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482662770713.png
260KB, 620x640px
>>164473718
Why did nobody ever use mounted tanks?
>>
Why does Siggy have the best Chaos starting options? And then I even get two items with a combined total of 25% ward save and I just started.
This favourism of the Gods, truly unfair.
>>
>>164473663
>legally mandated training to get you to deform yourself so that you will be able to fire a huge bow
>even then, you can't fire it the regular way but have to use a special instepping technique that kills accuracy, therefore requiring you to be in a large group of similarly deformed archers in order to have any effectiveness at all
>even then, peasants with shields and nobles with good armor will not give two shits about your arrows

lol at ur life m8.
>>
>>164473834
Did they toss grenades from horses?
>>
>>164473538
That did the trick, thanks.
>>
File: Italian_cavalry_ww2.gif (110KB, 750x362px) Image search: [Google]
Italian_cavalry_ww2.gif
110KB, 750x362px
>>164473909
Not sure about these guys but cavalry did it during WW2.
>"With the camp under fire, Col. Bettoni Cazzago had no choice but to order, as a last resort, a cavalry charge with drawn sabers and hand grenades against entrenched infantry."
>"Col. Bettoni Cazzago ordered then the 2nd squadron (over 100 horsemen) to attack the enemy on the left flank. Under command of Cpt. De Leone, the squadron began a winding maneuver through a gorge, succeeding in engaging the enemy at the left end of the front, outflanking it and storming it longitudinally with drawn sabers and hand grenades."
>"Corporal Lolli, unable to draw, as his saber was frozen in its sheath, charged holding high a hand grenade"

Does that still count as using grenades from horseback?
>>
Haven't played in months, the Aspiring Champions seem to be new for Chaos. What is their deal, it is only 16 guys and while the stats are good, they're not that amazing compared to Chosen.

Speaking of those guys, any concensus on which type is the overall go to variant?
>>
>>164474410
Aspiring champions have magic AoE attacks and inspire, so they're there to prop up lower tier chaos armies early in the game.
>>
>>164474376
>as his saber was frozen in its sheath

I remember this from Gladiator. How does that even fucking work? Is the sword's sheath not waterproof or something?
>>
>>164474410
They have AoE attack and provide a leadership buff to units.

They are great units, very cheap and can help support a main line. Their AoE attack shreds low tier infantry, and they have silver shield with 120 armor so they are extremely tanky for their price.
>>
>>164474574
I guess things can be different when you're down at -40 degrees
>>
>>164474410
Mix them with your frontline for extra leadership and a notable increase to damage done, as a bonus, ethereal fucks get destroyed as well as magic-resisting units
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgYLr_LfhLo

Who's the most patriotic warhammer character?
>>
File: 1472583223392.gif (964KB, 397x658px) Image search: [Google]
1472583223392.gif
964KB, 397x658px
>tfw Medieval 3 is going to have a 600 year long campaign and CA won't have the balls to make it more than 1 turn per year so all your Generals and Agents will get old and die before you get to know them and feeel attached to them
>tfw it probably won't have cool guilds like in ME2
>>
>>164474702
BALTHASAR GELT
>>
>>164474574
Sword could get wet from blood or snow and he forgot to clean it in midst of fight.
>>
>>164440326

Pontus
>>
>>164474410

>What is their deal

They're primarily useful for sticking into a blob of Marauders or Chaos Warriors to buff up morale since they have the Encourage ability.

They also have Magical attacks which can matter a lot in certain situations
>>
File: 20170103180005_1.jpg (575KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103180005_1.jpg
575KB, 1920x1080px
>>164471582
Managed to knock them out by sending out and sacrificing my garrison troops first. Also, apparently those 4 armies were all that they had. Does this mean Archaon will never arrive?
>>
>>164474574
>>164474925
>>164474659
Something about the sheath makes absolutely no sense.
I just checked and the charge was in August 1942. So it's pretty much impossible his saber was frozen.
I have a feeling it might be a translation error on the wikipedia page.
>>
>>164475114
They will return, Chaos is completely destroyed once you get the 'An Age of Peace?' message
>>
>>164440326
Rollin
>>
>>164475173
I know it may be a stupid question, but what was the temperature then?
>>
>>164473850
What in the holy name of Sigmar is that monstrosity?
>>
File: SUMMON.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SUMMON.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>164474702
How is it even a question.
>>
>>164475114
Nah get ready for the doom stacks of Khoek, Archaon, Sigvald, Bigbird, and Beastmen of chaos.

ps they have a lot of chosen.
>>
>>164475595
The temperature during summer in that area these days varies between 25-40°C. I doubt they had freezing temperatures seventy years ago in summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Russia
>>
>>164475645
what?
>>
>>164473850
What the hell kind of mods are you using, this looks like a mess.
>>
File: 20170103161944_1.jpg (393KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170103161944_1.jpg
393KB, 1680x1050px
>>164469916
Forgot I was in nightmare mode...
>>
File: 1397597365663.jpg (11KB, 276x142px) Image search: [Google]
1397597365663.jpg
11KB, 276x142px
I'm bummed at Warhammer.

I started playing a week ago and started as Empire on hard. It took me a while to get used to how important defense is because of the greenskin and beastmen shitters razing my settlements and vanishing in one turn, but I got through sure enough. When Chaos came for real, I was really well built, but I still struggled to find a good composition to countering chaos. Maybe it's because I haven't used handgunners even once. Any way, the war became a stale-mate around what used to be Kislev, with the chaos stacks coming too fast for me to push forward. Although I still wasn't entirely dedicated to it, I had sent an army to kill greenskins just to help the dwarfs a little.

So I tried dwarves, and everything went swimmingly. So swimmingly in fact, that I drove back chaos by sheer accident. I was defending my holds and massing my armies on Karak Kadrin, and after defeating the besiegers up north, I was informed that Chaos has been defeated.

Why!? Why didn't the doomstacks respawn like usual!? I didn't even get to use top-tier units in battle. Where is my grand war!?
>>
>>164476087
its the new hotness on steam
>>
when is santa dwarf coming out again?
>>
>>164472038
FUCK OFF OTTILIAN SCUM REEEEEEEEEE. SIGMAR WILLS IT
>>
>>164476234
Is this accounting for:
>>164475261
>>
>>164472074
>FOTE UPDATE WHEN
HE WAS HEAR 10 THREADS AGO SO SHUT UP YA DOOFUS
>>
>>164475934
>4 units in the army
>a lot
>>
>>164476234
Chaos comes twice. The early one they only use Marauders and they have 5 half stack generic lords. The norse will also try and agro their way south but they are pretty weak.

50 turns later (or 3 Imperium points) and wave 2 will spawn. This time the legendary lords will come with full stacks of elite units, and a whole bunch of norse (bjornlings) will spawn just of the coast of the badlands.

Generally speaking, if Empire provinces have been nice to each other and the wood elves don't decide they want lebensraum, the AI can often beat off the first wave pretty easily
>>
>>164474574
Okay I followed the source and it leads to an Italian page about a book on the battle.
There the story has more details.
So Corporal Lolli put his saber into a bucket of water and then it froze in his sheath.
>"Il caporale Lolli, non essendo riuscito ad estrarre la sciabola (vi aveva legato il secchiello dell'acqua e si era ghiacciata nel fodero), caricava tenendo alta una bomba a mano"
http://www.luciolami.com/libro_1970_isbuscenskij_l_ultima_carica.htm

At least that's what I understood with my limited Italian.

Since everything happened between between 3:00 AM and 9:30 AM the sword must've frozen in its sheath overnight and I guess it gets pretty damn cold in the Russian steppes at night even during summer.
>>
File: FOR THE LADY.jpg (686KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FOR THE LADY.jpg
686KB, 1920x1080px
>>164471604
Frontal charges are definitely possible in this game. Pic related.
>>
>>164476814

>Bjarke Bjerke
>>
>>164474574
It's a euphemism, it means he couldn't get an erection.
>>
>>164476814
>Bjarke Bjerke unironically
>>
>>164473902
>a special instepping technique
I'm intrigued. Tell me more.

>>164476486
Yes. I got that message, and the chaos corruption has disappeared from events. I've destroyed most of Tilea and Wood Elves, after them only Skaeling and Varg remain in the way of Pax Dwarf-Empire-Bretonnia. I just need to locate those two northernmost dwarf holds for a long campaign victory.

>>164476707
It's all over. I was surprised by Bjornlings, but they only managed to raze three of my settlements before I gave them a whooping. With no armor, they're by far the easiest to defeat.
>>
>>164476814
>finnish Chaos Lord
Every time
>>
>>164473850
That looks fucking horrible.
>>
>>164467941
wait is Ireland literally a black chick in chains? Peopel in fashion are fucked in the head.
>>
>>164476960
>mistaking swedish for finnish
THAT'S A GRUDGIN'
>>
File: 1450971879274.jpg (51KB, 610x673px) Image search: [Google]
1450971879274.jpg
51KB, 610x673px
>>164476814
>BJARKE BJERKE
>>
>you will never be a CHOSEN

Feels bad
>>
>>164476707
>The norse will also try and agro their way south but they are pretty weak.
The norse will also come down and use their satellite guided navigation systems to track down every last unwalled settlement you own.*

>>164476995
>black
>>
File: 20170103163002_1.jpg (390KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170103163002_1.jpg
390KB, 1680x1050px
>>164476201
That's a lot of harpies...
>>
>>164477031
well fugg
>>
File: Bretspurdo.png (82KB, 750x835px) Image search: [Google]
Bretspurdo.png
82KB, 750x835px
>>164476814
>Bjarke Bjerke
>>
>>164477075
>unwalled settlements
>ever
>>
>>164465773
Jews.
>>
>>164477076
I really, really, really like this image because I loved fighting Rome 2 battles in the rain.
>>
File: Charles_II.jpg (13KB, 220x281px) Image search: [Google]
Charles_II.jpg
13KB, 220x281px
>>164476814
>Bjarke Bjerke
>>
>Pillar of Skulls says it generates 300 income
>It doesn't, a Tzeentch ruse all along

How come there's bugs like this still in the game
>>
File: 1478872685354.png (108KB, 441x431px) Image search: [Google]
1478872685354.png
108KB, 441x431px
>>164473850
>No Reiksguard in Reikland
>Blazing Suns instead
>>
>>164477073
The Chaos gods choose those who choose themselves.
>>
>>164477464
you have to be in the city mode for a turn to get 300 gold.
Yes, it's fucking useless
>>
>>164477464
>tzeentch fucking you over
>bug
>>
>>164477073
>crying about like a beta cuck
Get /fit/, ascend beyond mortal comprehension and claim this title for yourself. Only then shall you be considered Chosen.
>>
>tfw no Time Commanders
>>
File: 1463055585238.png (6KB, 297x448px) Image search: [Google]
1463055585238.png
6KB, 297x448px
>>164476814
>Bjarke Bjerke
HELVETE PERKELE
>>
File: 1483461970.jpg (455KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483461970.jpg
455KB, 1920x1080px
yeah i don't think this is gonna go too well for ol' mannfred attacking me with 10 hp
>>
>>164477214
There is always a first time.
Only once.
>>
>>164476937
>Tell me more.

Watch the gif here >>164473663

English longbows got in excess of 120 lbs draw weight, which means that, if you want to draw one fully, you have to do this little dance.
>>
>>164477731
Maybe it will return mit more Napoleon, Attila and hopefully something for Shogun 2 (Nagashino or Sekigahara?)
also Warhammer :^)
>>
>>164477753
>wasting cannon ammo on manlets
>>
>>164476814
>the Grailian

How many layers of Grail are you on right now?
>>
File: 1469842669978.jpg (20KB, 185x182px) Image search: [Google]
1469842669978.jpg
20KB, 185x182px
>>164477753
>>
>>164477757
>Be me, new to TW
>Decide to ignore walls thinking I can just defend with my armies
>Everything I build is constantly sacked
>Wonder why this game is so fucking hard
>Realize I'm just retarded and start making walls a priority
>Now I have 3 full provinces AND a big dick
>>
>>164477753
Generals have better things to do than shooting cannon balls on each other to be honest
>>
File: atharschosen.jpg (94KB, 459x543px) Image search: [Google]
atharschosen.jpg
94KB, 459x543px
Friendly reminder that historical chosen>fantasy chosen
>>
>>164477883
Je ne sais pas. Maybe 5 or 6?
>>
>>164478023

These cunts were so broken on release
>>
File: 20170103175247_1.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170103175247_1.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
They are the biggest and the ardest
>>
>>164477798
But I don't understand how that would even help.
>>
>>164472298
Probably crawling with undead in some nasty jungle desu
>>
>>164478023
Didnt they get nerfed?
>>
>>164478251
Same way you can kip a pullup.
Use the motion of your body(other muscle groups) to extend beyond what the primary muscles of the movement can accomplish.
The style of movement and the task being worked means the projectile has to be released nigh-instantly.
So draw as much as you can, quick jerk to get more draw, and loose.
>>
File: maskettamen.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maskettamen.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
>>164478159
they still are broken

>>164478370
not nearly enough apparently
>>
File: 20160602172158_1.jpg (309KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160602172158_1.jpg
309KB, 1680x1050px
>>164449097

Volound
Legend of Total War
Ondjage
Ninjahund
Some Chinese guy
>>
>>164477076
wish they'd bring back forts in TW:W. at least for empire units.
>>
What do you guys think of Steel faith overhaul?
>>
File: bigguy.jpg (579KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bigguy.jpg
579KB, 1920x1080px
>mfw a goy comes near me
>>
>>164478443
And don't forget throwing your body forward after the arrow has been loosed so that you don't pull a fucking muscle.
>>
>>164478251
Because you're using your bodily momentum to aid you in drawing the string. Rather than only using your relatively weak arm muscles, you are engaging the core and legs, the strongest muscles in your body.
>>
>start losing battle
>alt f4
>>
are there any mods for attila that make garrisons anywhere between 7-14 units? double garrisons makes the early game more enjoyable but some garrisons will get way too large if enemies construct garrison buildings
>>
>fall of the eagles still not finished
>ancient empires still not finished
>>
>>164478702
Are you me?
>>
>>164478870
>things that will never be finished are not finished yet
wooow
>>
>>164478745

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=440279307

or

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=445821929
>>
>>164478870
Never trust modders
>>
>>164478627
>>164478474
So is it the general or the sword unit you're using you mean
>>
>>164449097
how has nobody said Wellesley?
>>
File: GOTHIC MEMEBAND.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GOTHIC MEMEBAND.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
>>164478474
The precursors absolutely destroyed me on the charge.

They wrek units on a charge but anyone with precursors can do a lot of damage, i doubt they could even get to a javelin unit before dying.
>>
>>164476986
>>164477483
W-what's wrong?
>>
>>164479183
sword unit, general is there because you can't play without one

at least that's my guess
>>
>>164479216
Because it's harder and more noteworthy to build something up than to break it down, perfidious Albion.
>>
>>164478870
They do it for free anon
>>
>>164466690

God their offices are so fucking depressingly spartan. Even the small time studios I've been to felt more warm and cozy.
>>
File: 1471991337110.png (293KB, 748x539px) Image search: [Google]
1471991337110.png
293KB, 748x539px
>>164479375
Hello short Italian man.
>>
>>164479375
but he helped build up India as a british colony. Him defeating Napoopan wasn't even half as cool as the stuff he did in India.
>>
>>164479375
Napoopan just went around breaking other things and then had his lads come over after and change the paint scheme to blue.
>>
>>164479320
>80 man unit w/ 3 armor gets wrecked by skirmish fire

no shit
>>
>>164479683
So they are not broken, they are easy to counter...
>>
>CA hype up an update
>update comes, all it adds is a quest battle from the main menu
>play it, it is a pretty standard defend the walls from raiding orcs or whatever
>orcs can be beaten quickly by just leaving your guys on the wall
>just as the orcs are defeated a small cut scene plays, showing thousands of balloons rising from the city, with small explosions and screams and all that
>swarms of scaven come rushing out from the inside of the city
>have to turn around and take back the city square from your position on the walls, while still defending them from the remaining ork elements
>beating it unlocks a trailer for the skaven dlc/expansion wahtever

well, would you hire me for marketing or what?
>>
>>164479813
not anymore, since you spoiled it :^)
>>
>>164479813
I think it implies you're playing as the stunties, so 0/10.

>>164479908
Leakmaster Darren still has a job.
>>
>>164479813
hi this is the Marketing from CA

thanks for the idea idiot,

signed,
marketing CA person
>>
File: 1459829445514.png (15KB, 469x331px) Image search: [Google]
1459829445514.png
15KB, 469x331px
>>164479443
no they dont do it at all
>>
Not for all da theef in da world
>>
>>164480024
wouldn't they rot before you even had the chance to spend them, greed is meaningless to orks
>>
>>164480059
it's a interesting dynamic, since new teef come in, and old teef rot away, as you mentioned greed is meaningless

biggest warboss is the one with the biggest pile, since he's the one getting the most teef and as such, the biggest warmonger
>>
>Skaven trailer
>Shows several different faction settlements getting taken over from within
>a variation of The Doom Of Kavzar being told in the background.
>>
So how does fatigue work for the Vampire Counts? They crumble after getting beat up? So can I run the zombies across the map and they don't get tired? Or will they crumble easier if I make everyone sprint all the time.
>>
>>164480204
so basically the Orkonomy is the best ever designed because it requires constant growth and has an innate redistribution of wealth centered entirely around who gets results.
>>
>>164480358
Units in TWW never seem to even get tired, you can sprint from the start to the enemy and still be fresh.
>>
>>164480059
outside of the mouth they're outside of a moist enviroment. Lack of moisture slows rot considerably. Only the inside of teeth really rot, with cavities more often formed from reactive compounds.

Notice how teeth are still in the jaws of dead bodies maybe????
They didn't rot to nothing for some reason.
>>
>>164480059
They rot but not that quickly, so yeah it seems inflation proof, until Khorne starts teleporting skulls everywhere thus giving out teeth like bernie wished
>>
>>164479809
just because tagmata could lose to spears in the initial release didn't mean they weren't broken
>>
>>164480463
They get tired really fast when running up hills and fighting. Also ranged units get tired fast when firing. Same with mounted skirmishers.
>>
>>164480358
No fatigue at all.
The crumbling mechanic is their equivalent of routing.
Past a leadership/morale threshold they begin to crumble. If the leader dies they become a lot more prone to it.

Never not sprint as VC, unless you're leaving slower elements of your army behind.
>>
Are night gobbos a better front line unit vs wood elves because they have silver shield?

Orc boyz are the only orc unit with a shield and its only bronze, plus they are trash.

Would Gobbos be a better alternative, using biguns or black orcs means your infantry is dead by the time they reach the WE front line.
>>
>>164480463
Hawk Riders get exhausted fast
>>
>>164480530
They are not as broken now, they do lose to plenty of infantry. On release chosen were absolutely broken, they are still very strong and probably should cost more but atleast they are not completely broken now but they cant beat high tier infantry like the used to.

I did some testing, and they can be countered pretty hard with just cheap slingers, they cant even beat Germanic hurlers 1v1.
>>
>>164480639
Their skirmishing isn't that good unless you let them kite.
Skulkers are an option too for their stalk ability. Can get pretty close.
>>
What should I do as dwarves against monsters? Gyrocopters with brimstone guns feel underwhelming as fuck.
>>
>>164480408
Basically exactly the same as the early Caliphate.
>>
>>164480847
they are still broken dumbass, just because you can kill them with skirmish doesn't mean they aren't broken

>wow look this cav can't even beat a unit of spears one on one
(you)
>>
>>164448551
As a (worthless degree holding) history fag I don't disagree with most of what you said, but you're flat-out wrong about China. The Song were indeed great and Chinggis did destroy them, but in less than 300 years the Qing dynasty restored and even surpassed Song glory. The Qing brought greater unity, infrastructure, and territory to China than any before and their culture almost reached the height of the Song and Tang. It was the Opium Wars that truly forced China into a state of stagnation, as technologies from an utterly different historical background brought the empire low and allowed Europeans to keep it down. Even then, the Qing were on the verge of modernization before the republican revolution and Japan's invasions during WW1.
>>
File: borders.jpg (452KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
borders.jpg
452KB, 1920x1080px
r8 the borders of my graeco-roman pagan pantheon worshiping, indo-european, formerly nomadic, maritime-trade based kingdom
>>
>>164480639
>>164480848
Yes, but mostly because Night Goblins get Stalk too, and have great shielding, the color of the shield means nothing, hover over it to check the real block chance (all goblin units get 55% IIRC, orcs get worse percent)

Skulkers are still amazing for smoke bomb memes
>>
>>164480916

Don't bother using Brimstone gyros against monsters, they don't do nearly enough damage, brimstone gyros are for artillery hunting and stuff like Demigryphs.

Really your best answer is a unit of slayers or two to hold them down and quarrelers and thunderers to pound them with missiles
>>
>>164481101
tell me a funny story
>>
>>164481171
>formally nomadic

Isn't that Himyar?
>>
>>164481332
he's garamatains ya doofus
>>
>>164481378
Garamantians can't be nomadic either.

Also:
>indo-european
>>
>>164480592
Thanks.
>>
>>164481332
>>164481378
>>164481465
alans
>>
File: 20170103184807_1.jpg (510KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103184807_1.jpg
510KB, 1920x1080px
This doesn't seem quite right
>>
>>164480916
slayers and thunderers
>>
>>164481713

That man has no head
>>
>>164481652
thx bbe.

How you finding their roster? I recall they got a revamp in the last Attila patch, basically making them mounted anti-huns
>>
>>164481713
ghost bright wizard cares not for greatswords and blazing suns
>>
>>164460843

i think we should organize a MP tournament against them
>>
File: Pikes.jpg (501KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pikes.jpg
501KB, 1920x1080px
>>164481032
They dont beat every infantry and have an easy solution to beating them, how is that broken?

Pikes cost quite a bit less and win in melee combat, or maybe pikes are just broken.
>>
>>164481248
I thought silver meant 55% and bronze was 35%
>>
File: Prince_Eugene.jpg (163KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_Eugene.jpg
163KB, 399x600px
>>164479508
How is Eugene of Savoy related to any of this?
>>
>>164481713
BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION
>>
Every fucking Empire campaign starts the same way.

>Crush secessionists quickly and unify Reikland.
>Chase off beastmen and orcs a bit.
>Try to get garrisons up quickly.
>The turn before I get walls in one settlement, whoever is closest to it declares war and attacks right that turn.

And I can't have the money to afford a second army or the public order to mantain peace in my own province. Fuck's sake, is there some trick to this I just don't get?
>>
>>164481816
its buggy and nonsensical desu

no spears or foot archers despite being proficient cavalrymen and horse archers

weird mounted tribesmen units that have good bonus vs large + a formation that gives extra bonus vs large but no charge bonus at all

Sarmatian Cataphracts are better than elite sarmatians due to having more melee def., and if you research the tech for elite sarmatian cataphracts you can't recruit them anywhere

the 2 super elite units are the alani heavy cataphracts and sarmatian cataphract lancers, who both are classified as very heavy/have really slow movespeeds despite the horses they ride on not having armored models. Both of those units are also only recruitable from the t5 warlord building, which you can only build one of and requires the very last civic tech to build.
>>
>>164482212
ARE YOU A GOD?
>>
File: 20170103185607_1.jpg (728KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103185607_1.jpg
728KB, 1920x1080px
>>164481839
He might have made a mistake
>>
>>164482215
Weird mine always start with the United Provinces declaring war on Spain and with Prussia invading Poland.
>>
>>164482069
they may have streamlined it at some point

but shield color and block chance are not strictly related, worth checking just in case
>>
>>164481973
>wow this unit went against pikes from the front and lost!

How fucking retarded are you?

Besides look at how many pikemen they killed despite attacking from the front
>>
>>164482326
>floppy hats
>>
File: 20170103185941_1.jpg (520KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103185941_1.jpg
520KB, 1920x1080px
Second try is a bit more believable
>>
>>164480916
All monsters except Treemen (100 armor on a giant, fucking really?) have very little armor. Quarrelers make short work of them all.

Cannons and organ guns are also very good, because they're very accurate. They can shoot over your troops if they're on a slope. Grudge throwers have the advantage of being ubiquitous (earlier access and 1 turn recruitment) but their low accuracy means that they're not useful against smaller unit sizes - cannons always hit, but grudge throwers often miss entirely. They're easier to use because they throw over your troops though.

I had an idea of sending forth a suicide squad of dwarves to lure all the enemies clump around it and then nuke the area with 10 grudgethrowers, but I never got to try this out.
>>
>>164482215
give a few gifts to neighbors, they are so poor that even 200 golds will make them not attack you
>>
File: Blackguard.jpg (1MB, 2918x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Blackguard.jpg
1MB, 2918x4000px
Blackguard when?
>>
in Shogun 2. How do you deal with becoming and enemy of the State?

I became a highest ranked clan as Chokosabe after i captured southern Honshu and Kyushu, then EVERYONE declared war on me and I lost all my trade partnerships. and started going bankrupt
>>
>>164482215
I dunno if this works on VH, but it does consistently on Hard.
Turn 1. Move army to just outside Secessionist army, recruit 3 swordsmen
Turn 1.5 Crush secessionist army that attacks
Turn 2. Finish of army and garrison, recruit regiment of renown, take settlement.
Turn 3. March towards next settlement, recruit more swordsmen.
Turn 4. Take Helmgart, defeating army and garrison. Demolish barracks in Altdorf and replace with Clay. Upgrade Town in Helmgart. Recruit more swords.
Turn 5. Take Eilhart.
Turn 6. Build Garrison in Helmgart, upgrade barracks if you have money. Declare war on Red Horn tribe if they are next to you and crush them. Recruit more swordsmen
Turn 7. If beastmen are coming, move army to Helmgart, if not, declare war on Marienburg

From this point on you dance around waiting for Marienburg to come after you (Ambush stance helps) or go off to attack someone else (then siege Marienburg. Priority is to upgrade Helmgart and Grunberg to level 3 for wall settlements, then focus on making money. Eilhart should be upgrade to 3 a little later, but it should be safe for now because its where your stack is. Make sure you get 20/20 units, it scares off a lot of factions for now. Focus on Swordsmen and crossbows.

After taking Marienberg, crush the skullmunchers (sack their town first if the Marienbergers haven't done it recently, then raze). At some point around Turn 5-7 do the quest battle.

I had Empire campaigns got to shit plenty of times (finished my first one today), but this is pretty consistent on Hard
>>
>>164482718
Eventually
>>
File: bro.png (378KB, 500x764px) Image search: [Google]
bro.png
378KB, 500x764px
>>164482718
when they're ready
>>
>>164482974
make sure all your farms are maxed, build markets and sake dens in every province
>>
>>164482974
1. Keep track of the bar in the faction overview and prepare accordingly.

2. Spam ashigaru

All the other units in Shogun 2 are completely irrelevant.
>>
>>164482215
>>164483065
oh, and every turn try and get as many non-aggression pacts and trade deals as possible. helps with the money and people not being dicks in the long run. Apart from the occasional cuntish Bretonnian lord, you shouldn't have any enemies outside the Skullmunchers, Skarsnik, Vampire Cunts and Tree Hitler, and these can be managed one at a time usually
>>
>>164482718
What are your most anticipated armies /twg/? Waiting here for Bretonnia, Lizardmen, Dark Elves and Ogres.
>>
File: 20170103191020_1.jpg (644KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103191020_1.jpg
644KB, 1920x1080px
>>164482562
But how could the merchants ever hope to compete
>>
>>164483269
WE
>>
>>164482718

>Armour-Piercing
>Anti-Large
>Damage Dealer

Unit Size: 75

Hit points: 5200
Armour: 60
Leadership: 70
Speed: 30
Melee Attack: 45
Melee Defense: 40
Weapon Strength (Armour-Piercing): 60
Charge Bonus: 20

Probably
>>
>>164483390
ARE
>>
>>164483269
Both Elves and lizardmen are hype
>>
File: kek.jpg (533KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
533KB, 1920x1080px
>>164482447

They are a great unit but they are not broken, most other two handed weapons will beat them in a head on attack.

I only chose units of similar cost.
>>
>>164483269
Bretonnia and Mousillon (I know they won't, but I hope they add Mallobaude for Mousillon)

After that, I'm honestly pretty interested to try most factions that they will be adding, except Skaven (have never cared the ratmen) and Chaos Dwarves. Ogres could be neat, armies of monstrous infantry with massive units of gnobblars as meat shields
>>
>>164483269
Dark Elves
High Elves
Skaven
Tomb Kings

I just love Dark/High Elves dichotomy.

And Skaven are pretty fun and unique.

I also love Arkhan, so I hope it won't be just Settra and Khalida for TK LLs.
>>
>>164483269
Bretonnia for the first game, I want to cleanse the world for ze lady

Dark Elves to genocide High Elves
and High Elves to play world police
>>
Burning the world tree as skarsnik adds some serious flavor to the campaign
>>
>>164483269
Skaven and Dark Elves
Edgy, I know but they're really interesting factions
>>
File: 1424123123.jpg (33KB, 398x471px) Image search: [Google]
1424123123.jpg
33KB, 398x471px
>Play Empire
>Supposed to be basically Germans
>Have British accents
>>
>>164483269

CHAOS

DWARFS
>>
>>164483850
this, patrician's pick
>>
doing a multiplayer campaign with a friend as the wood elves with a friend me as durthu and him as orion.

what should we do first?
>>
File: 20170103181813_1.jpg (457KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170103181813_1.jpg
457KB, 1680x1050px
>>164481171
I like them very much

What turn are you on? This is my first campaign on Attila I've been able to get really stuck into and I feel like I've fallen far behind what I could have achieved by now
>>
>>164483923
>what should we do first?
gay hatesex?

take over Bretonnia!
>>
>>164483512
you don't want to play skaven? they have gattling guns and stuff
>>
>>164483780
The main character in every CA game has to be British or British by proxy (Rome, the Empire).
Only exception being Shogun.
>>
File: 20170103191926_1.jpg (556KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103191926_1.jpg
556KB, 1920x1080px
HAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Marienburg try to be sneaky cunts and declare war on me.
>Go with two full stacks towards Eilhart.
>After one bloody as fuck battle where each of my crossbowmen get +200 kills I send both stacks routing.
>Hunt them down on my turn.
>Proceed to capture Marienburg.
>Now this.

Oh man. Do I get to use edicts in provinces that are partially controlled by a vassal? I could use them as a buffer zone since that village is so far away and isolated.
>>
File: attila 2017-01-03 18-25-57-56.jpg (457KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-03 18-25-57-56.jpg
457KB, 1920x1080px
Pathetic white cucks. You cannot resist the big black camel cavalry
>>
>>164484232
there are no positive benefits for having a vassal
>>
>>164484232
yes
>>
>>164484232
Vassals are shit destroy him. Only Dwarf or Greenskin vassals are good otherwise DESTROY EVERYTHING.
>>
>>164484261
Germany, 2024

The once proud German people on migration after the Deutschland Caliphate declares them persona non grata
>>
>>164484113
on it. will post as the campaign develpos
>>
File: attila 2017-01-03 18-50-59-64.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-03 18-50-59-64.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>164484261
THE SPICE IS MINE
>>
>>164484232
nah don't bother, just take it. while the province extends far north, the city is quite south and (probably) won't get attacked by Norse if you build walls there. And you want that edict 5% tax because Marienburg makes bank
>>
>>164483269
Bretonnia and MAYBE High Elves.

Everyone else is too much of a special snowflake edgemaster for me

>>164483414
you forgot
>upkeep: 600

>>164483923
Restart the game and play as Bretonnia.

>>164484289
Don't they get the same cheats as all other AI though? And their lords don't count towards your upkeep increase. It's not like that village could ever net you a full army, but I bet that Marienburg will create one out of thin air or something.
>>
>>164459312
I really wish they would fix that but knowing CA the engine probably actually can't handle it rather than them not bothering with it because they can't make it a dlc.
>>
>>164484232
You do get to use edicts, but vassals are shit conquer him.

I trusted that other castle next to Drakenhof after I beat them senseless and made them my vassal, they turned on me and conquered everything I owned except my castle while I was away stomping on Karl so now my economy is destroyed and my doomstack of blood knights has to march across the world to retake my villages.

t. 10 hours played so far
>>
>>164483950

honestly Attila is probably the best out of all the TW's I've played to sit back and turtle. It is really nice to have campaigns where you can just avoid dealing with attila's bullshit doomstacks by waiting out his death
>>
>>164459312
Magical arrows should go through threes
Or the forest bonus becomes useless
>>
how do you disable enemy towers in TWWH? just got my second siege defense without the towers firing. is it a bug?
>>
>>164483414
Seems a bit weak after reading this
>Black Guard are Malekith's personal bodyguard. They are selected at a very young age, trained a little and then pitted against each other in combat until only the few remain. That way, Malekith's warriors are truly the best the Druchii have to offer.
>>
>>164484553
Don't they get the same cheats as all other AI though? And their lords don't count towards your upkeep increase. It's not like that village could ever net you a full army, but I bet that Marienburg will create one out of thin air or something.

They're weak and easily conquerable, the AI will declare war and draw you into wars to defend it.

You're better off sacking for gold, or occupying if you can afford to defend it.
>>
>>164481465
>not getting the joke.jpg
>>164481652
Oh horsefucker glad to see you, when skrimishing with bow cav which arrows do you use, and what stops using whilsting arrows for 5 secs then go back to normal shot, then whilsting arrows when the debuff wwears off
>>
>>164483414
60 weapon damage is complete overkill, needs to be more like 40
>>
>>164484779
ya, the luminark doesn't fire 90 percent of the time either.
>>
>>164483780
>thinking Characters in a fantasy game developed by Nottingham NEETS is going to be realistic
>your image back at you
>>
>>164484779
You only need to destroy one tower and march your army to the blind spot between the rest.

The enemy never wields enough archers to hurt yours. Most of the time they don't even shoot, just scurry about on the walls.

It's cheesy, but I can't just march my soldiers against missile fire just to make it "fair".
>>
>>164476454
Sigmar wills that you be impoverished dirt farmers dressing in piss yellow and Pepe green while half your province belongs to vampires and the other half to halflings?
>>
For Time Commanders are they only doing 3 episodes?
>>
>>164484902
I use flaming vs enemy cav for the bonus, heavy vs armored units/infantry, and regular vs cheap units without armor like desert tribesmen that the ai sometimes likes to bring in mass

and nothings stopping you from doing that, besides how micro-intensive it is
>>
>>164472038
Who spoke "latin" in the WH universe? Was there a precursor empire?
>>
>>164485973
Ancient Tileans, probably. But really, Reikspiel just has the Latin stuff already mixed in.
>>
>>164485973
The Norscans, ASININE MORTAL!
>>
Time 2 release
>>
File: javelin.jpg (492KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
javelin.jpg
492KB, 1920x1080px
Thats going to leave a mark

>>164486215
>Latin Empire

fucking DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW
>>
>>164486215
that map is making me wanna kill myself
>>
>>164486215
>release
that's a funny one
>>
>>164486215
Ye Povertie of yon hisse-fagges is suche, that naught diftractiones can they Purchase but Moddes what they hath their Own selfes wroughte.
>>
File: ouch.jpg (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
497KB, 1920x1080px
>>164486428
>>
File: sr93iusv.jpg (3MB, 3360x2229px) Image search: [Google]
sr93iusv.jpg
3MB, 3360x2229px
>>164486476
let me JUST
>>
>>164467171
>basic spearmen
>has demigryphs
>>
File: death of CA.png (47KB, 1271x259px) Image search: [Google]
death of CA.png
47KB, 1271x259px
>>164486550
AnimaMea is that you?
I thought you hated fantasy.
>>
>>164486710
What paradox game is this a mod for?
>>
>>164486710
EB?
>>
>>164483419
PHOENIX KINGS AND SHIT
>>
>>164486916
>>164486889
its just a map.
>>
When's the next steam sale? I want Warhammer and Napoopan
>>
File: 2iQIW4Z.jpg (907KB, 2400x1702px) Image search: [Google]
2iQIW4Z.jpg
907KB, 2400x1702px
*rubs hands*
>>
>>164487002
>not spelling it "FEENIX KANGZ"
>>
>>164440326
Roll.
>>
>>164487237
Why is Pontus included? I don't want to play as them.
>>
File: mon_256.png (58KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
mon_256.png
58KB, 256x256px
>>164487559
>>
>>164487237

Is this AE?

Please hurry the fuck up and release, I wanna have a dilemma between Legionaries in #ff004e helmets and Legionaries in #f2024b helmets.
>>
How do i git gud in Beastmen campaign?
>>
File: Caesar-II.jpg (83KB, 385x362px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar-II.jpg
83KB, 385x362px
>>164487237
>That one settled village in the middle of the Scythian steppes
>>
I will never forget this defeat
>>
>>164467701
rolling for Empire or Vempire
>>
>>164487807

Pick Gorebull at start
Raze settlement on the east of starting point, then northwest, then go into Bretonnia and raze minor settlements til you get a Waaagh then hit up some large settlements
Delete the 2nd army led by Heart Render on turn 1 after giving its units to Khazrak (same for the other 2 starting lords)
Don't make a 2nd army until you have the -50% upkeep building
Avoid Wood Elves if you don't have a waaaagh
Minotaurs with great weapons are extremely powerful, going for 18 of them in your army guarantees victory with minimal effort
Don't fall for the cygor summoning meme
>>
>>164487930
>stupid goy, we gave you a completely worthless DLC for a dead game absolutely free!
>>
>>164487930
>two historic titles
>losing to the warhammer game
>such foreshadowing
Really makes you think huh?
>>
>>164488079
It does!
>>
>Defend Altdorf from rebel uprising.
>Used one general with some extra troops + garrison.
>Beat back rebels.
>General keeps the mortar from the garrison in his own army afterwards.

Yo what.
>>
>>164488201

if you kill the crew of an artillery unit without destroying the artillery pieces AND you have a spare unit slot in your army, you will get that artillery as a unit.
>>
>>164488018
I'm playing beastmen right now (different anon), but:
- Is cygor that bad?
- I used my 2nd army (heart render) as a waagh against wood elves, seems to work okay
- Favor are difficult, sure, but I think it is workable if you don't keep razing, no? Seems to be going on okay for me with raiding every now and then.
- Minotaurs with GW? The other minotaurs are not worth it?
>>
>>164487930
DoW2: Retribution is a better game than either of those.
There, I said it.
>>
>>164486812
Its the giant rats who have the laser canons
>>
Is SFO mod worth it for another campaign? Seems to have some fantastic features there that balance some stuff.

Or do you have different suggestions for overhaul mods?
>>
File: 14123.jpg (60KB, 513x239px) Image search: [Google]
14123.jpg
60KB, 513x239px
Emperor Karl Franz vs. King Louen Leoncoeur in single combat to the death.

Who wins fluff-wise?

Bonus: Both are now riding Beaquis and Deathclaw, respectively.
>>
>>164484232
DON'T

Accept the vassalage, that fucking town is a burden to Marienburg, and being minor, doesn't provide many benefits

Besides, it's Norscan raid bait, expect fuckers to raid just the tip, forcing rebellions on Marienburg due to it, don't bother taking it until Norscan scum learn their place

You get to issue edicts too
>>
File: 1483058970373.gif (584KB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
1483058970373.gif
584KB, 266x200px
>>164488369
Holy fuck I didn't know that. Now I'm extra glad I sallied out my knights to kill their mortars while they advanced on me.
>>
>>164483780
I'm sure Kurt Helborg will have a hilarious german accent.
>>
>>164488418
that wasn't retribution though, was base+chaos rising
>>
>>164485720
apparently, they wanted to test how they were received before keeping making them

Did they do good?
>>
>>164488606

Franz if for no other reason than Deathclaw being 2x the size of some shitty hippogryph.
>>
>>164488371
>- Is cygor that bad?
No, but the ones from savage dominion (bray shaman spell) are since they die. They also encourage passive defensive play which is the antithesis of beastmen.

>- I used my 2nd army (heart render) as a waagh against wood elves, seems to work okay

The main problem is income, since the good beastmen units are extremely expensive while having almost no income from buildings, while raiding is also dangerous for them. Having the 2nd army you start with is a lot of money and you'll be running a deficit for most of the game.

>- Favor are difficult, sure, but I think it is workable if you don't keep razing, no? Seems to be going on okay for me with raiding every now and then.

Beastmen can only raze towns, but I shoulda stated about the money or growth choice. On the first few turns, until you can get your main camp building to level 3, growth is superior since you won't be overspending money in those first 10 turns. Once you start getting growth passives like the Blood Moon event thing and from a lord follower thing called the Doe (+3 growth, or something per turn), that's when you should go for money from razing. This allows you to get the minotaur building (or whatever you want). I prefer minos in the first army since they just kill counter everything in the early game.

>- Minotaurs with GW? The other minotaurs are not worth it?

They take a long time to get (T5 building) so the others suffice until then. The T3 minos (dual wield) suck because they die very easily due to not having enough killing power when swamped by enemies. Shielded minos (T4) are great because they survive longer than Dual Wielders and can tank arrow fire. They are good for walled town battles, too. GW Minos are the best because they have huge anti large, big splash damage, huge base damage amongst other things that just make them that much more powerful than other versions.

>comment too long
>>
>>164488942
Oh.
Well that's just embarrassing then, for everyone involved.
>>
>Hunnic army marches out from the fog of war and knows exactly where I'm encamped

Lucky you you fucks
>>
File: attila 2017-01-03 19-19-54-65.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-03 19-19-54-65.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
See this? Another barbar who though he could just land on KANG land and live a comfy life without any Huns, without starvation or freezing temperatures. Kek
>>
File: 1482271539083.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1482271539083.png
296KB, 649x649px
1.) Can the Empire confederate Bretonnia?

2.) If so, can you play Louen Loencoeur in the Grand Campaign?
>>
>>164489326
No
>>
>>164489326
no and no
in february we'll get Bretonnia
>>
>>164489326

1.) No

2.) With a mod yes, but you'll be able to officially play them next month.
>>
>>164488606
If I had to guess

>On foot
Louen
>Mounted
Franz

Ironic that Bretonnia loses the mounted one, but I think Louen's blessing from the Lady > Franz and Deathclaw > Beaquis.
>>
So when is Grom going free? Any dates?
>>
>>164488371
(not him)
>Is cygor that bad?
No, Cygors are great (you can rout an eternal guard unity in one good shot), but their summon spell is a waste of winds of magic since it crumbles horribly fast, in fact, stay away from the Lore of the Wild, strong competitor with the Lore of Metal for worst magic
>I used my 2nd army (heart render) as a waagh against wood elves, seems to work okay
It doesn't really matter, if you want to be conservative and get a single doomstack early, the second horde is a burden, but I never disbanded it either, it's good as a safety net and let's you replensih with an army while the other squats around (or for rusemaster tactics where your enemies will chase the exposed horde, leaving settlements vulnerable)
>Favor are difficult, sure, but I think it is workable if you don't keep razing, no? Seems to be going on okay for me with raiding every now and then.
Different tactics, you should get enough dosh from battles alone to keep your hordes, but may need the razing boost for the tech or the expensive buildings, whatever floats your boat
>Minotaurs with GW? The other minotaurs are not worth it?
All of them are amazing, but Great Weapon variant is best since it's especially strong against large units, which Beastmen struggle against
>>
>>164489073
Nah. Since Attila had more players than Dawn of War, they decided that Dawn of War needed less victories than Attila to climb the ranks. Even CA thought it was bullshit, so they just gave away a fuckton of codes for the Slavs during a stream.
>>
>>164486215
>Great poland
>lesser poland
Grand meme, also Lorraine is way too big, and what's he point in having HRE territories and the elector states, also Munster Bisphoric was essential to our current socio-economic situation so its abscence is a CAH
>>
>>164489831
Next month.
>>
>>164485720
They only do three episode per series look it up ya cunt
>>
>>164488606
Deathclaw will rip Beaquis apart, so this one is on Franz

In a fair, 1v1 fight, Louen would probably win, until Karl Franz goes Super Sayan with the Memehammer
>>
>>164489326
>1.) Can the Empire confederate Bretonnia?

SIGMAR GET OUT. WE DON'T WANT YOUR UNION OF MAN REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>164489912
The cygor summon i used seem to last until even after end of the battle for me, and that even when he got ganged by different units, and still have more than half of his HP intact.

Is that because i'm using a mod to enhance the magic (the popular one, i forgot the name)?
>>
File: yeah.jpg (51KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.jpg
51KB, 660x330px
>>164488606
Franz with sunglasses while smoking a Cigmar
>>
>>164490030
Thanks. I had the chance to get the white dwarf the other day but decided not to cause he would eventually be free. Did not occur to me that I had no idea WHEN he was going to be free though and thought I may have fucked myself.
>>
>>164488475
I'm sure he learned from his mistake by now.
>>
>>164487930
I like how CA basically gave Slavs to anyone who asked anyway.
>>
File: 1d1.png (114KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1d1.png
114KB, 680x680px
>>164490386
I wasn't one of them
>>
>>164487930
>DoW II.

>Lets take DoW I and make it not fun
>>
File: 20161230160155_1.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161230160155_1.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
what is it about naval battles that makes it not work. I really love them, and think they look amazing, but it seems like they are just off from being perfect.

>>164490309
>smoking a Cigmar
that made me laugh much harder than it should have
>>
>>164490554
>DoW II

>Lets forget DoW II and make DoW I not fun
>>
>>164481378
>indo european
>nomadic
>>
>>164488606
Without any magical equipment or birds

Then it goes to Louen

With birds but no Magical equipment, Then Louen again

With everything Then it goes to Karl Franz.
Dwarf magic items are OP.

>People who think deathclaw is better than Beaquis.
>People who don't realize that the blessing also affects a characters mounts

The blessing affecting Beaquis is the reason Beaquis would fuck up deathclaw.
>>
>>164490675
shit DoW III
>>
>>164490554
>not fun
please
it was a different scale but a pretty incredible RTS to play compared to starcraft+
Relic's problem is that they are always trying cool shit.
>>
>>164458916
He's fondly remembered by the 101st Airborne Division for relieving them at Bastogne.

He was also a rather competent tank commander given the Allies didn't have any that were fully aware of the ins and outs of tank warfare.

Personality-wise, he was a cunt.
>>
>>164490554
>DoW III
>Lets take great rts series and bury it so it will become another Command & Conquer.
>>
>>164490856
how exactly are they burying it.
And please say it without using the word MOBA
>>
>>164490675
>>164490796

fail
>>
Anyone else not able to capture human faction gates/towers? Can't continue playing with this bug affecting the gameplay
>>
>>164490856
>another Command & Conquer
Anon please, I'd suck a thousand dicks for another C&C game.
>>
>>164490845
Also he wanted to keep on pushing to Moscow and burn it to the ground, but died in an unfortunate (((accident))).
>>
>>164491138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIoFysJshZ4
>>
>>164488606
Louen is known in the lore to be one of the best Fighters in the setting. He'd fuck up Karl pretty easily.
>>
>>164490903
>Ugly character models
>shitty annoying effects everywhere like Battleborn wasn't reminder of how not to use them
>forced changes to promote mlg doritos esports like they would care about anything that isn't LoL or DOTA2.

>>164490998
That is the point its going to be dead as CnC.
>>
>>164491402
>ugly character models
it's literally just dow1 models remade.
>annoying particle effects agreed
>forced changes
like what? Relic did say that they won't make it esport focus unless the game's community wanted it.
>>
What do you think the chances of Middenheim and Mousilion actually becoming a new single player faction?
>>
>>164491669
It could happen maybe, in theory.
>>
Do you guys think Karl Franz is took weak in the game right now? Could you justify getting a mod that made him a bit stronger?
>>
This is a rat
>>
Why did anybody buy Beastmen? They're a dwarven/orc bastard with pisspoor unit variety. The faction just offers nothing new and then they seriously ask almost a third of the basegames prices for this.
>>
>>164491375
Every race leader is known to be one of the best fighters (or mage) in the setting.
>>
>>164491780
Franz isn't.
>>
>>164491751
because £14 is nothing to me and I like that kind of playstyle. Plus, their units are cool and among the factions at the time of release they were unique in both campaign and playstyle.
>>
>>164491727
He is THE strongest lord in the game. (aside from Manfred)

In single player he will 2 shot Archaon, and not a single lord other than manfredd using all his magic can beat him 1v1.

If you want to cheat just get one that gives him deathclaw early.
>>
File: rat.jpg (326KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rat.jpg
326KB, 1500x1000px
>>164491729
No, that is a Verminlord. Pic related is a rat.
>>
>>164491947

I just simulated him 1v1 against a generic Chaos Lord and he lost though

How can he 2 shot Archaon, who is stronger than the Chaos Lord?
>>
>>164491947
>he will 2 shot Archaon

No lord in the game is going to 2 shot another, especially not a huge fucking asshole like Archaon.
>>
>>164492036
Get Deathclaw.

Even in multiplayer his charge is out right disgusting.
>>
>>164492036

Did you just stick him in 1 on 1 honoraburu combat? You're supposed to cycle charge him with Deathclaw.
>>
>>164492126
>>164492180

Yeah he is stronger with Deathclaw

Mostly just do the simulations unmounted, want to see what the Emperor is worth, not his mount.
>>
>>164491669
100% possible
>>
>>164491576
>it's literally just dow1 models remade.
They look worse than Dow2 models.

>like what?
No glory kills, even TWW has them, no covers, no squad leaders, eldar made into protoss with personal shields, ebin blob to blob gameplay with no morale system straight from Dune 2.
>>
>>164492087
He is insane with all his buffs, you can win battles with him almost by himself.
>>
>>164492294
His strength is Deathclaw why would you not be using that.

With Deathclaw you can even beat Durthu and Kholek.
>>
>>164492334
> No glory kills, even TWW has them
I have never seen one, you mean one of those matched combat kill animations? I thought they stopped that after Attila to prevent blobbing?

The only kill animations I ever seen is the one from the trailer movies everytime they release a new DLC, and until now I never have seen one of such animation in my game ever.
>>
>>164491669

Mousillon maybe, but I don't think so with Middenhem. They should continue emphasizing the Empire and its need to confederate. The human nations alone really can't stand and would fall by themselves.

A playable Middenheim wouldn't become a vassal of the Empire and thus would detract from that. Mousillon could be an interesting addition and it would make the western region more hotly contested in an MP campaign with Wood Elves and Bretonnia played by other competent players.
>>
>>164491751
The price is complete bullshit (no pun intended)

But they are incredibly fun as a faction, first time I ever had actual fun playing hordes, besides Minomemes themselves are amazing

The start of minicampaign bundling can go fuck itself and makes me legit afraid of the future of Total War as a whole, seriously, fuck that unsalvageable shit
>>
I really hate how the newer TW victory conditions really try and tunnel you in somehwre. What if I wanna play as the Suebians and migrate my way to fucking Egypt, I don't want Lusitania
>>
>>164490554
>DoW II
>Not fun.

Oh come on, it didn't do grand scale battles well like DoW I but the bigger focus on cover, squads and customization as well as the rpg tones felt much closer to actual 40k than the first.
>>
New thread:
>>164492897
>>164492897
>>164492897
>>
>>164492294
Karl Franz is just an above average Empire General with the coolest hammer in the Empire and a lifelong fuckhuge Gryphon friend who he rides (no homo)
>>
>>164482629
Treemen have physical resistance too, don't they?
>>
>new chaos campaign, spend ages fucking around in the north
>just 2 hordes, Kholek still weak as fuck
>win, elves killed off the Empire

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWH
>>
>>164482629
Sounds like a good use for your vanguard deployed miners, honestly
>>
>>164492334
>no squad leaders
present in the orks trailer
>eldar made into protoss
which is a mechanical change and is much better than having an x% dodge chance. Think of the shield as a battle focus meter. Once it drops down, the eldar get butchered like the pansies they are

>glory kills
are all fun until you realize that your dreadnought is stuck and surrounded by a lot of tankbusters.

>no cover
you have the garrison system and LoS from coh2, and there's suppression in the game. units under constant fire had a debuff icon over their head and moved much more slowly.

>its worse than dow2 models
and DoW2 was a much smaller scale game.
>>
>>164493104
so they get overrun by the enemys army cause theyre all alone out there? vanguard deployment is one of the most useless things in TW.
>>
>>164492591
big units will occasionally pull some of them off against infantry-tier enemies, heroes will very rarely jump and stab trolls and the like in the chest

Wood Elves are bringing them back somewhat, and it makes my dong hard
>>
>>164483923
Multiplayer campaign as the same race requires a mod, right?
>>
File: whcih one tg.jpg (166KB, 600x674px) Image search: [Google]
whcih one tg.jpg
166KB, 600x674px
Which one is better overall, and don't have any units better than this, for tanuhkids btw but the pikes got removed so dont mention them
>>
>>164493326
The whole point is a sacrificial unit that the enemy swarms to so that your artillery can carpet bomb the blob.
>>
>>164494714
Left.

+3 Hit
-2 Damage
+12 Charge Bonus
+6 Defense
+12 Armor
-5 Health

I'd pick better charge bonuses and armor any day.
>>
>>164495258
But when do you want your spearmen charging, I thought their whole point was to make a solid line no one could breech whilst your shock cav charged into your anvil and broke the enemy when they only lost 20%
>>
I don't play these games right. I only see hammers.
>>
>>164496010
Yes truly slingers should be feared
>>
why is the thread dead
>>
File: come now.jpg (535KB, 1918x1080px) Image search: [Google]
come now.jpg
535KB, 1918x1080px
>declare war on WRE thinking it'll be easy as their capital is now Poortugal
>Garamatians are allies with both empires
>raze one town and move on
>their emperor appears and the Garamatians have 3 stacks
Cmon it's me and my allies versus my enemies not me vs the ai
>>
Are there any mods for Shogun 2 that improve the experience without just throwing a bunch of bullshit into it?
>>
>>164499213
anything that changes how realm divide works makes the game a billion times more enjoyable in my opinion.
Thread posts: 777
Thread images: 174

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.