[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tfg/ - Titanfall General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 765
Thread images: 152

File: 7mcbqU3.jpg (185KB, 1000x704px) Image search: [Google]
7mcbqU3.jpg
185KB, 1000x704px
You all need to git gud Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
http://tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/37/
Xbox One: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' should also bring it up in game

>News
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5763/pc-patch-notes-11-01-2016
Angel City map coming December, late November for preorders

>Whats changed?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Please use spoiler tags when discussing the campaign

>Doomed thread
>>159054437
>>
>>159124868
First for Ion is best girl.
>>
Daily reminder that Ash is the only proper choice for IMC, compared to Blisk "I wouldn't wipe my ass if i wasn't payed to do so, much less help my men fight", and Marder "We had no reinforcements for 5 years but keep throwing valuable personnel into the grinder".
>>
File: 1478039612253.jpg (201KB, 750x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1478039612253.jpg
201KB, 750x1065px
first for buff ronigger and nerf tone when
>>
>>159125057
>buff ronin

The one most deserving of a buff is Northstar.
>>
File: 1386768485224.png (52KB, 420x200px) Image search: [Google]
1386768485224.png
52KB, 420x200px
>~5 games in, slowly starting to remember how to go fast again
>dunking on people with the EPG
>top kills and bank
>game crashes
>>
File: thinking_about_you.jpg (669KB, 925x1000px) Image search: [Google]
thinking_about_you.jpg
669KB, 925x1000px
>>159125018
Blisk was always in it for the money, the only reason he joined the IMC and didnt retire was because they offered him a stupid sum.
git gud
>>
>>159125172
>only play with north at g7
So tell me if I'm fucking wrong about this but why the fuck would I hover? I can't use it to get on top of shit I already don't have a ton of hp so jumping out of cover sounds like a shit idea. Then the core is just that but worst because the damage is shit and I'm going to most likely going to fucking die doing it.
>>
>>159125578
Because it is a great game design and you should just shut your fucking mouth, reddit.
>>
File: 1446582976792.gif (3MB, 627x617px) Image search: [Google]
1446582976792.gif
3MB, 627x617px
>>159125860
>>
>>159125860
>giving an ability that puts a "shoot me" sign on your head to one of the squishiest titans is great game design
>calling reddit
You gave yourself away. Time to go back
>>
>>159126016
I don't see you accusations reflected in the post you quoted.
>>
>>159126016
My main problem with Northstar's Hover ability is more that it tends to keep you up for far longer than you need. After you've fired a fully charged Plasma round, and fired a Rocket, you're left hovering for two or three more seconds with little to do except get shot at some more.

If the hover ability let you cancel it at any time then it would be more useful.
>>
>>159125172
Remove all the stupid invisible walls and Northstar is fine.
>>
>>159125037
If a enemy pilot ejects within line of sight to me when I'm piloting Ion, I can blast them out of the sky 99 times out of a hundred. The laser being hitscan and having a huge hitbox is great.
>>
>>159125860
>Because it is a great game design and you should just shut your fucking mouth, reddit.

Ah, the triggered retarded 1k hours played TF1 scrub.
>>
>>159126208
>If the hover ability let you cancel it at any time then it would be more useful.
This, it should be a toggle
>>
Just bought this on PC. The game isn't dead, right?
>>
File: 1473231859170.jpg (40KB, 338x339px) Image search: [Google]
1473231859170.jpg
40KB, 338x339px
Titan Break-down

Scorch;

Pretty terrible, useful against idiots who don't know how to dash, teams which try and stick three legions through a tiny little chokepoint. He can be useful on maps like Complex and Crash Site, but overall he can't trade. By the time he sticks his head out to shoot and get back in Tone has put two-three rounds into him, Ion has laser shot him twice, etc.

He can't effectively trade, all his shit is massively televised and projectile, making it easy to avoid. He only works against retards, as characterised by "Heat shield is good because of the damage." Only a retard is going to let Scorch heat shield him.

Ion;

Should probably be the what everyone else is balanced around. She's well-rounded, has high play potential but also counter-play. Trip-wire is pretty terrible and could do some work.

Tone;

Obscene. Huge damage potential, and perhaps the highest survivability. A weapon which excels against both pilots and titans, without Legion's reload. With no regenerating shields particle wall because more potent, as it allows you to poke for free. Unlike other titans, like Scorch or Ion, which have to spoke shooting to put up their shield, Tone has continue to fire because of it. This accompanied with the new map design means it's far more difficult to get around the wall.

With the the improved particle shield the cooldown is something like 4 seconds. It's absurd.

But the most absurd thing about Tone is her Salvo core. It's the low risk - huge reward. It effectively instantly kills a medium class titan titan, she can simply boost, particle wall - salvo and bob is your uncle. It's also one of the least televised cores in the game.

Compare this to Ion's core. Ion's core has a longer wind-up time, Ion is completely vulnerable while doing so, Ion has to maintain line-of sight. It's HUGELY televised, the actual "cast-time" is longer. It's completely ridiculous.
>>
>>159125578
You can see how they thought Northstar should play, to keep people stationary so you can snipe weakspots and peek out from behind cover to shoot unaware enemies at long range.
The problem is the way they balanced the skills in practice Northstar simply can't do this.
They probably ran into problems such as
>if the hover is too quick or just a jump then people playing Northstar won't be able to hit their targets

I personally think that the 2 hover skills should be reworked.
>>
>>159126673
Ded game, ded thread m8.
>>
>>159126680
Northstar;

Decent weapon, cluster is a plus. But she's a light class with no way of mitigating damage. She needs a shield on her hover and her core.

She's supposed to be able to poke, but because a light class mean it's hard to get good trades, especially with the travel time on the railgun.

Flight core is pitiful, and it's very likely than you'll simply be out done by a legion/tone on the ground. It makes you hugely vulnerable while not doing very much.

Ronin;

Has no complete mitigation outside of his dodge. He needs to be close, doesn't fare well there considering his low health pool.

It would be fine if I you could walk up behind a guy, Arc Wave, unload a shotgun magazine while he's stunned, and then vortex shield while walking away, but it's hard to disengage on a character base on hit and run because of his lack of mitigation.

Sword is absolutely terrible. Massive risk, very little reward, and it can't execute. It's complete garbage.

Legion;

He has a shield, health, high damage potential, ability to poke with power-shot.

He does however lack the BIG CORE which Tone has. That accompanied with his reload are probably his largest drawbacks.
>>
>>159127091
>She needs a shield on her hover and her core.

If she's supposed to be a sniper then no she doesn't need a shield, just a way to keep her distance or escape.

As for the 2 hover abilities they should be reworked, especially the Core (it's just a worse Core than Tone with a slapped on hover).
>>
>>159126703
Don't tell me that
>>
>>159127265
She needs a cloak
>>
>>159127265
It's oddly enough a anti-pilot core. Which makes little sense.
its damage is abysmal but the spread makes it good for cleaning pilots. At least relative to Northstar's usual capabilities.
>>
>>159125197
Game only ever crashes when i'm doing really well. Sucks
>>
God damn every single grenadier weapon is so fucking fun in this game. I'm at 3.0 with the EPG, the Cold War is an amazing suppression weapon, and the Softball launcher combined with phase shift is the best trolling set up in the game.
>>
>>159127470
more like a cock
>>
>>159126680
Maybe it's just me but i find scorch isn't too bad. Just have to stick your shots and keep to cover.

The added damage over time from thermite means you slap a shot to their centermass and back off to let it work.
>>
>>159126487
Just scratching your hypocrisy there.
>>
>>159127639
What about the micro missile launcher? How is that ever,good?
>>
>>159126680
Tone is ideal titan for shitters like ForthyOmen to record cool gameplays with. Need them youtube bucks baby.
>>
>>159128104
Which titan do you main?
>>
>>159124868
So is TF2 on PC worth it or is the game already DOA?

I don't want another BF reskin and CoD will be more of the same anyway.
>>
Can you customise the look of you pilot and/or titan? Customisation in games is a real dealmaker/breaker for me
>>
>>159128025
Its super good, only if you use the black hole shurieken, so add sped up ordnance with that. Its not a great gun in general, but it fucks people up in CQC, so its still pretty fun. But no not really useful.
>>
File: ion triple.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ion triple.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
After learning to be sneaky as ronin, tripwires are good for flanking. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>159128189
There's a bunch of camo's. 5 5x5(?) pages for each everything.
Every pilot ability has its own model.
>>
File: SMR.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SMR.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>159128025
>
it's a fast shooting shotgun anon.
>>
>>159128243
Ooh, that's a really good idea. I've been trying to use it like in the first game, but i'll definitely try that,setup later
>>
How do I Scorch properly?
>>
>>159128164
Stryder.
>>
>>159128243
>not really useful
Maybe try shooting titans with it?
>>
>>159127983
>Just scratching your hypocrisy there.

There was nothing hypocritical about my post.
But keep throwing those buzzwords around, I'm sure you feel real smart using all these big words.
>>
>>159128104
Tone is ideal for people wanting to win. It's simply the most versatile and consistently good Titan you can pick.
>>
File: 1476783264467.jpg (31KB, 316x340px) Image search: [Google]
1476783264467.jpg
31KB, 316x340px
>>159128405
are you trying to be edgy or something?
>>
>>159128575
>he hates going fast
>>>/out/
>>
File: 1477988187012.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477988187012.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Easiest fixes to make all titans balanced.

Ronig shotgun does more damage but only when very close.

Nerfstar's flight core rockets do more damage than Tony's.

Legolas's gun shield health slightly reduced making him more vulnerable.

Ian's tripmines can be launched a lot further away if aimed upwards.

Done. Sort the matchmaking out and your shitty game is now GOTY. I want 5% of your profits in my PayPal account you fucking useless shitdrinking developers.
>>
>>159128390
Pester people with thermite fire and greande launcher rounds until you can walk into them with heat shield to death. Add a dash move.
>>
>>159128916
>Legolas's gun shield health slightly reduced
Doesn't understand the titan - the post.
>>
>>159128468
But you're the smart one, you're the game designer, others in this thread should just keep their mouths shut.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 901x963px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 901x963px
Why does the default look so much better than all the garbage camo's?
>>
File: 1475131075187.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1475131075187.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>turn off shadowplay
>get team wipe melee only with ronin
>>
>>159128916
i disagree with most of these.
ronin is doing fine, sword core needs to instantly destroy finished titans, without an execution animation

Northstar needs to have hover be cancelable

rest is fine. maybe reduce the AoE on Tones detection ability
>>
>>159129204
All ive done is added the apex nose art, ill be using stoic light when i get it unlocked
>>
File: 1474110655564.jpg (31KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
1474110655564.jpg
31KB, 505x431px
>>159129084

oh yeah you're right reducing his gun shield health would make him a bit better
>>
>>159129209
I don't believe you anon.
Why would you ever turn off recording software?
>>
>>159128173

Why do people keep asking this stupid fucking question?

Unless you play pilots versus pilots mode only, the asymmetry of the titan versus pilot scenario puts the game ridiculous far away from CoD. The fact that the "vehicles" are not tanks and planes and shit but are giant bipedal walkers makes the game unlike BF as well.

It can be easy to oversimplify titans as "killstreaks that just turn you into overpowered infantry" or "things you grab from time to time that are just tanks by another name" but the map design is sufficiently vertical that the :height: of the titans becomes extremely relevant, both as an advantage (can see over low walls and turn second stories and roofs into danger zones) and a disadvantage (can get anklebitten from down low). Depending on game mode, titans can brawl to control the open spaces and major avenues around objectives such that pilots can freely move into the interior, or titans can serve as a farming tool for points that have a distinct achilles heel, allowing the other team to eventually take them down to take the titan advantage (and thus point income advantage) for themselves. Even in the Last Titan Standing mode, you'll find that the first team to lose a titan isn't necessarily hugely disadvantaged due to the sheer size and space each titan requires to operate, compared to the now-liberated pilot who is free to crawl in all these places and get free and not-insignificant damage on the other team's titans without any enemy pilots to oppose him.

It turns out that having your eyes on the second floor is both a blessing and curse. A lot of the time you'll be in your titan and think to yourself "man I wish I was a pilot right now" and then you'll be a pilot and go "for fuck's sake how much more do I have to do to get my titan".
>>
>>159129273
i had constant dc's
and basically tried everything to fix it
>fixed it
>forgot to turn on shadowplay
>>
>>159129259
>any choice of nerf is appropriate
No you're a fucking retard anon.
You could halve his magazine size and he'd still be amazing. Just not tone-level.
>>
>>159128916
>Ronig shotgun does more damage but only when very close.

The only problem with Ronin is the core.

>Nerfstar's flight core rockets do more damage than Tony's.

Make the hover skills into a faster jet jump that you can activate to turn on (and off) hover mode and make the core into a limited range wall hack for titans (only for you, not your team) that also greatly shortens charge time for the main gun.

>Ian's tripmines can be launched a lot further away if aimed upwards.

Ion is faily balanced but the biggest problem is how everything you do drains energy, even the pretty useless mines drains a significant chunk.
>>
Okay, so here's a question.
I play Ion so I shit on Legion 9 times out of 10. How the hell are they supposed to nerf him without making Ion shit on him harder than now.

Also as an Ion player fuck Tone. Jesus I have no chance against him. At fucking best I'll be able to take half of his health.
>>
>>159129347
woah man chill

what do you think would be better though?
>>
>>159129201
It's so obvious how triggered you are. Also I'm not the one playing game designer here, that was you saying how they fucked up hard in terms of game design only to list hypocritical and idiotic statements.
You just naturally assume that your ideas are objective truths, because why wouldn't they be, right?
I think you should go back to whatever subreddit you frequent, your echo chamber mentality would fit in better there. Especially with how you start to cry like a little baby.

Chin up, shitter.
>>
>>159129413
>The only problem with Ronin is the core.
Agreed
>Nerfstar
He's now top-tier by a large margin
>ion
Sadly they want an interesting design for him. I'd prever if you had a power-cycle system. For instance when you hit with the Laser canon you gain vortex shield charge. Main gun hits generates charge for laser canon. Vortex shield catches generates for tripmine Tripmine instantly fills your core when someone is damaged by it. Core depletes all energy.
>>
>>159129204
>garbage camo's

Pretty much all alt-colors look like shit, be it Titan or Pilot.
This is because it's just a camo texture slapped on top of them.
>>
>>159129471
really?
i also like ion a lot and i feel like the tone matchup is 50/50.
you have to play the corner and just do 2 lasers and then hide, and whenever you feel the rocket barrage comming in you just vortex shield.
his normal 40mm shots shouldn't outdamage your laser.
>>
>>159129580
>He's now top-tier by a large margin

Still just as easy to kill as before (when you didn't hover). Also I'm not talking global wall hack for titans here, only so you can more easily predict when enemies relatively close to you will peek out (like Tone can do).
>>
WHY DO THE GAMEMODES KEEP MOVING AROUND
is it sorted by popularity?
>>
Proposition: give all titans +1 dash from their current base. Remove +1 dash as an upgrade option. Dashes now take significantly longer (don't ask me for numbers, I dunno lel) to recharge from normal. The +1 dash upgrade is replaced with an upgrade that returns dash recharge back to its current state.

I currently feel that having an :extra: dash is simply so good it prevents any of the other upgrade choices from being compelling. One dash on heavies lets them pop out from behind corners; two dashes on mediums lets them move fully around corners; three dashes on lights lets them practically circle a position. Instead, this would change the dash economy on whether or not you can expect one to recharge by the middle/tailend of a firefight, the difference between dashing into and then out of a fight and dashing into a fight and fully committing to it.
>>
File: 41161916484.gif (2MB, 337x268px) Image search: [Google]
41161916484.gif
2MB, 337x268px
>>159129757

>CTF is on the second page
>>
>>159129639
His rockets aren't a problem, vortex fucks his shit up.
The problem is his shield. The only way to get rid of it fast is to do the splitter rifle alternate fire but that leaves me with no energy to use laser or vortex shield.
The mines are useless because Tone keeps his range.
The gun itself is almost useless since any time not using the laser or shield is spent hiding and at the end of the day he just builds up his core faster than me. And once he uses his core I'm fucked. The only times I win is if I get to use my core first but even then on some maps that is next to impossible because of all the cover options.
>>
>>159129757
>still not all on a single page
WHY IS THIS SO HARD
>>
File: 1474929952203.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1474929952203.png
9KB, 205x246px
>the Gears Of War General is dead
>we will be dead in a month too
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1281x974px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1281x974px
>>159129620
>pilot
I disagree i think the pilot camo's are very appropriate.
The problem with them is that they're never really changing anything except a very few select pieces. But you can imagine most of them would be the primary choice an artist would have made in a lesser game.

If they just put some work into fitting in more of the detail within the skins that'd be great. it doesn't have to be consistent. Every camo doesn't have to color the kneepads differently or whatever. Just pick random shit to re-skin. Right now every camo changes the same shit.
>>
FIRESTAR IS BEST ORDNANCE

IF YOU RUN OUT OF AMMO JUST PRESS Q FOR A FREE KILL
>>
File: file.png (1017KB, 634x957px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1017KB, 634x957px
>>159130029
I should probably not screenshot on shitter settings..
>>
>>159130029
The camo just slaps the texture across the entire model, that's the problem. On pilots like the grapple and stim ones it looks especially bad.
>>
File: shiggy.png (184KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.png
184KB, 250x250px
>>159130103
>Q
>not G
>>
>Mastiff
>All the innacuracy of a shotgun
>Projectiles as slow as laser weapons
>Takes years to load

WOW WHAT A BRILLIANT GUN, THERE ARE SO MANY REASONS WHY YOU WOULD USE IT OVER THE EVA-8
>>
>>159129548
I'm sorry Your Highness, i should have never opened my dirty mouth. I'll leave You to Your echo-chambers.
>>
>>159130190
Anon you don't seem to see what I'm getting at here. They could easily just change the regions they reskin a little and it'd give so much more.

But on Titans it's just too much because the camo is in too many places.

But considering how low effort this sort of customization is it\s pretty good looking.
>>
>>159130369
No worries princess, say hello to your fellow close-minded redditors.
>>
Just played my first game with Tone. Holy fucking shit. This thing is so OP, especially considering how weak they made other titans by artificially restricting them to shitty weapons and shitty ability combinations. Tone is like fox in the henhouse. Both Tone and Legion needs to be completely removed from the game if you ask me. At least 4 other titans will get some even playtime if that happens. Kill 2 to save 4.
>>
>>159130791
>removing something that can be fixed with number tweaks
>>
Good games boys. Looking forward to some more later if anyone else is interested.
>>
>>159130103
Also it does about 3/4 of a bar's worth of titan damage and can cause the pilot to freak out because of the hitmarkers, especially if you hit someone in the ass when they're engaged with a friendly titan.
>>
>>159130887
Considering they will never give tone less health than a stryder class titan, nah, she cannot be fixed. She will continue to dismantle stryders with ease even if they nerf her 40mil to total shit.
>>
>>159131061
i hate that you can't rodeo a titan with your firestar on it.
can't go full on ninja.
>>
File: poor northstar.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
poor northstar.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>159125578
>then the core is just that but worst because the damage is shit and I'm going to most likely going to fucking die doing it.
What if the salvo shot cluster rockets, or at least had some mixed in every 4th rocket or something?
>>
>>159130791
Don't touch my Tone motherfucker, she's perfect.
>>
>>159131212
If anything, the other chucklefucks need to get buffed "there".
>>
>>159131283
No, Ion should be the gold standard.
>>
8v8 skirmish is really fun guys. Go 8v8 mixed.
>>
>>159126680
>Bob is your uncle
I love it when non-native English speakers try to use euphemisms, it's so cute
>>
>>159132179
Well. We have to try to learn.
I think you'd be surprised by how many people you assume are native speakers aren't.
>>
>>159126680
Scorch doesn't really excel in 1v1 titan fights, but his zoning and area denial are insane. If you have A competent Legion or Tone, or hell, even a Northstar, you can just fucking melt people.
>>
>>159129886
>>159129757
>just now realizing there's a second page
I'm retarded?
>>
So is it generally agreed that Ion is the best balanced of the titans currently?
>>
>>159132631
>I'm retarded?
Just not observant.
Like many other people.
Who won't be playing CTF any time soon.

But I think they're probably gonna rotate this shit.
>>
>>159129784
I like this idea. Having no dash at all on the heavies makes every other upgrade completely useless in comparison.
>>
What data centers do you guys use?
>>
>>159133124
Whatever one is in a region that is prime time, ping means nothing
>>
>>159132179
>euphemisms
I love it when native speakers try to use words but have no idea what they mean, especially when they chide non-native speakers about using their language. It's so cute.
>>
>>159133802

what is it then?

made you google lmao
>>
>>159133802
>europeans
>>
>>159124868
>>>159128916

>Ion is faily balanced but the biggest problem is how everything you do drains energy, even the pretty useless mines drains a significant chunk.

With zero point tripmines it's free to use without the drain. There's no other ability that I would use other than that.
>>
>tfw want to use tone but don't want to feel greasy for using the meta shitter titan
>>
>>159134319
Aphorism.
>>
>>159134447
Grand laser allows you to take down shields and doom medium/heavy titans
>>
>that one kid sitting on top of the mid tower on homestead with a sniper rifle
gotta love how differently people play this game
but then i sniped him with my SMR from miles away.
>>
>>159134792
>executing cloak/sniper fags
The best feeling, embrace the fast or go home
>>
File: IMG_0224.jpg (59KB, 601x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0224.jpg
59KB, 601x469px
>tfw when you get killed by the same guy 3 times in a row

He dropped a Titan soon after, insult to injury.
>>
>>159132257
>>159133802
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, and I'm not trying to mock them, I genuinely think it's cute. The rainbow six general awhile back had a kraut I think who would say "explosives are not good for the friendly talkings" and everyone thought it was adorable
>>
I don't want to work today /tfg/. I want to be NEET for a week or two and play some Bounty Hunt!

Aside from that, what's the point of networks?
>>
>>159135012
SMGs should be nerfed, they are far too good at all ranges there's no point in using a rifle when the car/alternator exists
T. G7 CAR fag
>>
>>159135247
+5 merits during happy hour
a clan tag
and easy invites to likeminded people
>>
>>159135323
I am yuropoor, and I really don't want to play with 200 ping. ;_;
>>
>>159135247
Networks are broken, chat wipes after a game, invitations last 10 seconds and they have no notification sound.
How am i supposed to know tfg wants to play with me when im shitposting
>>
>>159135313
Is Alternator better than CAR?
>>
File: holy fuck fuck.jpg (12KB, 215x253px) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck fuck.jpg
12KB, 215x253px
>>159134960
When a cloak/sniper fag sees you, then you phase shift, reappear behind them, and sucker punch them in the back.
>>
>>159135609
Alternator is better if you ADS, CAR is a jack of all trades
>>
File: 1475160701407.jpg (62KB, 762x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475160701407.jpg
62KB, 762x960px
>>159130243
>not using the /r6g/ guide to configuration
>>
File: IMG_0087.jpg (96KB, 1083x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0087.jpg
96KB, 1083x720px
>>159135323
>>159135552
>join TFG
>too nervous to invite anyone because I'm not that good
>worried I'll see a post saying how much a shitter I am

I just don't want to be bullied ;_;
>>
>>159135723
So if I want to go fast and shoot while sprinting I should use the CAR?
>>
>>159136098

No

Alternator is for that
>>
File: 1334801717902.jpg (114KB, 769x672px) Image search: [Google]
1334801717902.jpg
114KB, 769x672px
Im on PS4. Is anyone else having trouble inviting or joining friends/network games. I love this game but I haven't been able to play with my friends at all.
>>
>>159135465
you can't invite NA fags anyway
and we have a few urapee ens
also networks are global
>>
>>159135834
I mean I probably would if that was a good game
>>
WE HAVE A VGL TEAM
https://implyingrigged.info/wiki//tfg/
>>
File: 1457518455951.jpg (83KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1457518455951.jpg
83KB, 722x349px
>>159129757
Oceania only fucking play attrition and bounty hunter. i wanna fucking ctf and last titan standing. ive only played one last titan game and it was fucking fun. why are Oceanias so fucking casual? it hurts
>>
>>159135552
>>159135989
Join the discord, half of the chat will be too busy meming to play well and I'll be too drunk to aim, but it doesn't matter since leddit is usually worse.
>>
>>159128025
SMR is hilarious especially when amped. It has a very specific sweet spot for engaging pilots, but can handle any threat if you position yourself right. Quick reload is an absolute must on it though.

Amped SMR will absolutely melt titans though. Catch someone from behind, and you can doom a titan in one magazine.
>>
File: I know that feel..png (31KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
I know that feel..png
31KB, 500x461px
>>159136495
>>
>>159136495
VP m8 it's usually got people on at night
>>
>>159136647
Really? Well shit. Guess I'm dropping ticks for amp then.
>>
I'm torn about getting this game and bf1, and many have told me to get both if I can. I love mech suits and satisfying weopon play. The game isn't really dead right? I'm sure the player base is much smaller than bf1 but it must be a meme right? It looks like fun and I want to have fun.
>>
>>159136473
But why
>>
File: NoMansMistake.png (54KB, 416x372px) Image search: [Google]
NoMansMistake.png
54KB, 416x372px
>do bad
>game keeps running fine for multiple matches
>do slightly better than normal
>game crashes during or right after one match

send help
>>
>>159136979
I know ticks might be shit but damn if it isn't funny to get kills and embarrassing for them to die.
>>
>>159137060
Some gamemodes are mostly dead thanks to average retard not being able to handle objectives other than killing, but it's fine overall.
>>
>>159136979
>using ticks at all
ticks are only alright on hardpoint.
>>159137060
if you have friends, or you really want the big massive battles of battlefield, then get BF1
if you are a loner and want to play a casual shooter for an hour or 2 every night then get titanfall2
>>
>>159137228
>>159137240
Thanks for the insight
>>
>>159136495
Server hop m8
I play europe during our prime time, they actually play other modes
>>
>>159137063
Why not?
>>
>>159137060
It will be dead by the of this week, mark my words. Better buy BF1. TF2 will have huge discounts and free weekends by the of this year, play and buy it then, not now.
>>
>>159137408
but muh ping, its bad enough living in perth and dealing with east coast shitters that can kill me when i phase shift before they see it.
>>
Question about suppressors. The in game description makes no mention of damage reduction, but after running them on the Mozambiqe and revolver I feel like it's a thing. Revolver went from 2 shot kill to 3 or 4 with a suppressor.
>>
>>159128287
nice play anon
>>
>>159137240
>>159137125
Hey man, I get kills a decent amount with them. People playing Attrition are dumb.
>>
File: 1472509269195.jpg (130KB, 392x482px) Image search: [Google]
1472509269195.jpg
130KB, 392x482px
Just spent the last 2 hours trying to get The Master trophy for running gaulent in ~32 seconds and always fuck up near the end hovering around 38 seconds. Now I gotta go to work and have to wait until tonight to try again.
>>
how much is the coliseum entry fee?
>>
>>159138115
10 credits
>>
>>159138115
is coliseum just a 1v1? Never did it.
>>
>>159137606
Pretty sure there is damage reduction, the real meme tho is that you can't shoot supressed weps through A walls.
>>
>>159138136
tnx
>>159138209
yes, featureless circular map, best 3 out of 5, winners gets an advocates gift
>>
>>159138234
I've also noticed that amping removes your suppressor for some reason. Either intentionally or not.
>>
is this worth $40 on PC?
>>
File: 1477895698757.jpg (671KB, 1420x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477895698757.jpg
671KB, 1420x1200px
>>159138082
It's always that final room that fucks me up, I just fail a jump and it ruins it all. Got to 34 seconds one time ;_;
>>
File: AS7-CZA.jpg (10KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
AS7-CZA.jpg
10KB, 229x220px
>tfw the titan you baby through the whole round dies at the beginning of the evac phase
>>
>>159128104
>he isn't farming pilots with tone

ehhh???? nani nani?
>>
>>159138912
yes
>>
>>159137125
If I had $1 for every time a tick has blown me up because of me shooting it reflexively, I'd have like $5.
>>
>>159138082
some faggot did it in 21s
>>
>>159139450
I do and it's feel cheap and boring. And it's the best thing this game could offer, i guess.
>>
Is the Archer any good?
>>
>>159136319
>Siege
>Not a good game
Be careful, faggot
>>
>>159141350
Its ubisoft trash, just like everything else they put out
>>
File: 1385085791947.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1385085791947.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>it hasn't even been a week since launch
>nobody is playing anything except attrition, amped hardpoint, or bounty

I just want variety ffs
>>
>>159141405
It's the only non-trash game Ubi has put out in years.
You're wrong.
>>
File: 54616484971516.jpg (37KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
54616484971516.jpg
37KB, 526x526px
>>159141405

ay yo this boy is shit talking siege
>>
>>159141405
you should probably go find a different hobby
>>
File: 1475291318963.gif (421KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475291318963.gif
421KB, 427x240px
can anyone gib me an invite to the discord channel?
>>
Which US datacenter seems like it has the best playercount? I've been using the Dallas one since it gives me the lowest ping.
>>
>>159141795
Keep doing this, your chances to find a match are not affected by it.
>>
>>159141634
The site in the OP, under fun stuff
>>
>>159141943
Wait really? I thought the game matched you with people using the same datacenter.
>>
>>159142098
thanks senpai
>>
>>159142119
First same datacenter, then people in the closest other datacenter, and so on.
>>
SCORCH IS FUN

USELESS BUT FUN
>>
I WANT MORE WEAPONS
>>
File: chop chop.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chop chop.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw addicted to chopping up pilots
>>
>>159141048
Id say no. I probably hits for a lot, but PILOT LOCK!!! means you're going to be hunted before you even fire.
>>
>>159142448

Go back to dota 2 you shitter
>>
>>159125578
if you know where an enemy titan is, you can charge a full railshot, pop hover and crit him and be falling before he gets any real return damage in. thats how ive been using it and its been really effective. as for flight core the damage isnt THAT bad. i'd rather have a movement speed buff while using it so that im less vulnerable. the problem is that it lasts so long. the total damage you pump out with it is actually pretty good, but since its over such a long duration it doesnt feel very impactful, especially when you compare it to tone's press core do nuke-tier damage. maybe make it shorter but keep the total damage the same. fuck if know
>>
>>159142856
>that fucking reaper ate an entire bar
Fucking reapers. Literally the scariest enemy in the master campaign.
>>
Is Warpfall useful at all?

I haven't tried it, but if it's really instant it sounds like it could be really easy to snag titanfall kills
>>
>>159143101
No, they drop without a shield at all, meaning you'll lose half to all of your health while you're getting in.
>>
>>159143101
>calling down a titan
you're just asking to get ion core'd
just respawn as a titan.
>>
>>159143041
>mfw you lose your titan because of a reaper titanfall
>>
>>159129230
whenever i play ronin i find myself wishing the lead wall had 5 shots instead of 4
>>
>>159143167
Hadn't thought of that, that's probably why I never see anyone using it.
>>
did that german website fix the email++ bug thing? doesnt seem to be working for me anymore past +120
>>
>>159143167
I use it to crush titans but it sucks when you die before you get in and your titan decides to just stay crouched on the floor while he gets pounded like a bitch.
>>
>>159126208
I think cancelable hover with a good northstar player would be broken. Think about it, you're getting instantly pop-shot from across the map from a rather unexpected angle for like a full bar of hp, with no way to do any return damage. the ONLY way to take him down would be to flank him, but considering he has a birds eye view of the map and the most dashes out of any titan thats no simple task.
>>
File: 1474987387502.png (896KB, 839x979px) Image search: [Google]
1474987387502.png
896KB, 839x979px
>>159143292
I was so goddamn upset this happen to me in the campaign
>>
>>159142606
i think scorch is the most balanced titan in the game
>>
>>159143101
It's useful but requires more situational awareness. It isn't instant but feels really fast, probably faster than the "warning enemy titanfall detected" your enemy will get.
If you use it you can't just call in your titan whenever you get it or >>159143167 will happen, you have to know what you want before you drop it (ex. fall kill, quick board, auto titan flank).
Of course every now and then some bad day shit like >>159143204 will happen.
>>
>>159143572
You can cancel that by pressing V
>>
Is there a way to unlock all the Titan loadouts for the entire campaign?

I want to take Legion with me through a re-run.
>>
So Ronin is pretty shit right? He seems like he'd be perfect if they added a shitload of damage to his core though, should be able to take titan down in a couple of swings instead of like 10.
>>
I really hope they actually add stuff other than maps as DLC in the future, I want to see new titans, new guns, new perks, etc.

Doubt it'll happen though.
>>
I don't know what game you guys play, but I have no problems finding other players for any game modes. Maximum 1 min waiting time even in the rarest cases.

I play on EU, so it might be different from the US servers where people only know attrition.
>>
>>159144601
Ronin is balanced if you exclude tone and legion from the roster. He's really good at what he does, its just that the 2 strongest titans do too much damage for him to get away if the enemy team is stacking only them.
>>
>>159144831
New titans is pretty much confirmed, cant remember where i saw it tough
>>
>>159144601
its all about utlizing it in time, sneak up behind a titan or 2, unload shotty and swift around, rev up that core and go ham while spamming dashes and phase dashes, preferably when they are busy dealing with any teamate(s) infront of them to add to the chaos
>>
>>159145074
Are you sure you're not thinking of the hero reskins?
>>
>you can get killed during executions
>your target survives
i don't know if i like executions being such a high risk just to bully people or that it needs changing.
>>
File: prime.png (49KB, 687x63px) Image search: [Google]
prime.png
49KB, 687x63px
>>159145240
>>
>>159145875
oh, that's just cosmetics though
>>
This game is great, but there's a number of things that bother me.

>UI is pretty shit
>Cosmetics are all pretty terrible and unnoticeable (only stuff I actually notice in-game are the weapon skins that are super obnoxious)
>Some Titans feel way too strong, others feel way too weak
>Lack of burn cards

I REALLY wish they expanded on the burn cards instead of removing them, there was no problem with them.
>>
>>159146169
I would like to see more settings for the UI, like interface scaling, disabling some icons or even making some of them disappearing.

We'll sure get more cosmetics coming

And sure as hell there's need for a Tone nerf
>>
Guide to improve game

Pilot changes:
>Remove sprinting, default walk speed is now the same as former sprinting speed
>If you're not touching your movement keys (ie. if you're floating through the >air, wallsliding, sliding, or being stationary) hipfire has the same accuracy as ADS
>Remove map hack and make pulse blade a Boost
>Increase EPG projectile speed by ~50%

Titan changes:
>Give Legion a maximum turn rate while he's spun up, so that it takes about 2 seconds to do a 180 while firing, forcing him to unspin to face flankers
>Make Tone's gun a 2hit to pilots rather than a 1hit and make it take 5 lock-on ticks to do a rocket salvo instead of 3
>Make Ronin melee attacks on an enemy Titan charge up his shotgun with electric shells that do 150% damage until he reloads
>>
>>159146169
>call a titan at the start of the game
Burn cards were terrible
>>
File: BAM.png (1MB, 1557x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BAM.png
1MB, 1557x1080px
I played 82 hours of the first titanfall and I loved every minute of it.

Is the campaign good? Will the harder modes make me actually try?

Will they add that survival mode in again? I know it was a late addition last time but I kind of expected it to be at launch this time.

Is it still fast? I want to go fast really bad.
>>
>>159146169
trust me mate, when you see someone next to you rocking that yellow "gold" camo you get from regenerating, you fucking notice and know that he is gen2
>>
>>159146935
>82 hours in MP game
Yet you bother posting in a general thread?
>>
>>159126680
Scorch is my go to anti-pilot titan. Nothing more satisfying then some dumbfuck hiding behind a wall and you lob a shell onto his head or into his chest mid air. My favorite titan probably along with his commentary "Good to have you back pilot, we make a good team."
>>
>>159146494
some questionable stuff in there

but I do agree with some of the changes, e.g. hipfire acc, legion turnrate, Ronin melee

>>159146935
Campaign is the best-paced singleplayer FPS campaign I've played this year, it's six hours of pure concentrated greatness with zero bullshit and really cool gimmicks.

The hard difficulty isn't that hard, but there's a master difficulty that unlocks that I've heard is pretty tough.

Don't know about the survival mode, although this game would be awesome with a co-op horde mode of some kind.

Game's still fast.
>>
File: gotta go fast nose art.png (1MB, 1601x1340px) Image search: [Google]
gotta go fast nose art.png
1MB, 1601x1340px
>>159147367
>really cool gimmicks
tfw press [] to time travel
>>
>>159147212

Scorch is my go-to for everything, anyone bitching about him being shit in 1v1s isn't using him properly.
>>
>>159146494
Eh, don't really think pilot mechanics need too much changing. If you know the enemy is running map hack, you can use radar jammer to counter it, I believe?
>>
>>159147867
nope
>>
>>159147867
radar jammer just blanks the minimap, it doesn't stop the on-screen wallhack
>>
>>159146494
Pulse blade is more broken than map hack in its current state. You can run tactikill and pulse blade, use each pulse blade to get 2 kills, tactikill refreshes pulse blade and you rinse repeat.
>>
>>159147939
>>159147952
Well shit. It would be nice to have a hard counter to maphack then.
>>
i need webms of people going fast
>>
>>159143041
Beat the game on Master, can confirm Reapers will fuck you up without hesitation if you're not constantly on the move.
>>
G-guys, how did he not notice me?
>>
>That glorious feel when you pick off a pilot that ejected from his titan with the thermite launcher.
>>
>>159142606
Scorch is fine but it's a med range area denial/bombardment mech that doesn't fair well out in the open. Also disregard Ronin because as soon as it gets close you mash thermal wall into that nigger's face.
>>
File: time travel hacks on display.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
time travel hacks on display.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
guide to winning coliseum
>>
>>159151207
>croshair snaps to the perfect location

wow good job paying for custom hacks
>>
>>159151519
he actually predicts the player's movement, it was a lucky shot
>>
File: NiceNewTitanYouGot.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
NiceNewTitanYouGot.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>
>>159152187
not
>wait_a_seco-.webm
>>
>>159152187
>the slow turn
kek
>>
>try warpfall thinking it's a near instant titanfall
>it's only like 2 seconds faster

How is this worth it in any situation
>>
Has the melee seemed to be bugged as hell for anyone else? The game I was just in ended with my opponent and I as the stealth class flailing our arms at each other for a full 20 seconds without us hitting each other. He eventually stopped and we just walked away from each other too embarrassed to go on from that point.
>>
>>159152879
Yeah, seen other people in game complaining about it too.
>>
Holy shit Tone is so fun to play.

I really hope they buff the other Titans to approach her level of play rather than nerf the shit out of Tone, it's so much funner when it feels like your abilities actually do damage.

I don't understand how they didn't realise just how hard Tone outclasses everything else in the game though.
>>
how much damage do you lose when using the instant charge perk on the anti-titan laser?
>>
File: sad core engaged.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sad core engaged.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>159152738
for this
>>
File: source hitreg.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
source hitreg.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
On the first shot I heard the hit sound and there's clearly an impact effect, but no reg

I wonder if this game is like 30 tick or something
>>
>>159153487
???
>>
>>159153839
oh, warpfall
I skimmed and thought you meant phase embark

warpfall is legit though, especially for titanfall killing enemy titans
>>
>>159153741
Put on a trip so we can filter you already.
>>
>>159152879
yeah I've had several encounters like that

both of us frantically flailing around until someone backs off and gets a lucky hit

I'm glad they didn't magnetize the one-hit melee kills more but they're more situational than they might need to be

>>159153741
>source
this game runs on source in the same way that the latest CoD games still run on id tech 3
>>
>>159154178
>this game runs on source in the same way that the latest CoD games still run on id tech 3

Not really, this is a much less modified engine
>>
>>159154606
>On Titanfall we started with the Source engine; we replaced the renderer, we replaced the audio system, we replaced the net code. What we have now is very different from that. We have stuck with the Titanfall engine, but we did a lot of rendering improvements. We have physically based rendering, we have this really cool texture streaming system we wrote, HDR, bloom, depth of field. Hopefully you can see the results of all that hard work we put in that the game looks really different.

>We also have a whole new audio system again. This time we have audio environments. Audio-wise, if you compare the two games again, it’s a huge leap. We have sound occlusion and reverb happening. There has been a whole bunch of areas where we make big changes to the engine, so there’s not a lot of Source left; we continue to rip out chunks and rewrite chunks and make it do exactly what we want to get out of this engine, and get the performance what we’re looking for.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/06/14/e3-2016-respawn-talks-content-variety-reworked-engine-in-titanfall-2/212196/

still pretty heavily modified
>>
>>159152187
Holy shit

Hillarious
>>
File: 1386717672554.gif (3MB, 553x547px) Image search: [Google]
1386717672554.gif
3MB, 553x547px
So what have guys been listening to while going fast?

I'm currently going through the entire Death Grips discography. Nonagon Infinity by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is also a great choice.
>>
>ronin teleport behind someone
>they back into the wall you were phasing into
>games doesn't like this and makes you explode, giving them the kill

this shit needs to be fixed. i cant see people in the phantom zone so how am i supposed to know im teleporting inside of them?
>>
>>159154972
but still cpu throttled
orz
>>
>>159155498
Whenever you travel through the warp you take a risk.
>>
>>159155437
>meme rips
end yourself
>king gizzard
good choice
>>
WHY IS THE PING RATE FOR PS4 MATCHES SO LAGGY?
>>
>>159155608
>PS4
>>
File: no-the-warcraft.png (399KB, 800x410px) Image search: [Google]
no-the-warcraft.png
399KB, 800x410px
>>159155601
>>
>loved Titanfall
>remember being pretty okay at it, maybe slightly above average.
>cannot get a goddamn kill in Titanfall 2
Now I just have to figure out it it's just because all the esport fags are going all about in it, or have I just become that rusty.
>>
>>159155498
Nothing needs to be "fixed", that is the intended result of you using your ability stupidly. If it really bothers you that much, try piloting a better titan.
>>
File: 1445666930825.png (47KB, 340x394px) Image search: [Google]
1445666930825.png
47KB, 340x394px
>>159129204
>Not pink
Apply yourself anon.
>>
File: wyngmanne.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wyngmanne.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrBB8tXw_X4
>>
You know what /tfg/?

Even if this last patch is giving my game microstuttering up the wazoo, even if the netcode is absolute dogshit at 20hz in gunfights, even if most Titans other than Ion, Tone and Legion are garbage, even if the campaign is decent, even if EA pretty much fucked Respawn by sandwiching them between BF1 and CoD, but man this game is certainly a refreshing blend that I am going to enjoy for some time to come.
>>
>>159155437
Kpop
>>
>>159141405

nah bruh, you're just trash, just like everything you'll attempt to do in life :-3DDD
>>
>>159155437
I was listening to sleep - dopesmoker yesterday

great for titan combat
>>
https://youtu.be/0SQx3b9iGhg?t=151

Titanfall 2 apparently runs at 20tick
>>
>>159155870
Is it really 20hz? I am so sad now thanks.
>>
>>159155657

>NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME YOU'RE JUST BAD ECKS DEE

i got you figured out loser. go on, click all the storefronts, try to formulate a comeback.
>>
File: titanfall 2 don't mind me.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
titanfall 2 don't mind me.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>159152879
Yep, melee was fine yesterday but is weird as hell today.

Thankfully the players are even worse
>>
>>159152879
>>159154178
I think (based on melee spamming grunts) that melee does get a fair amount of tracking on the first press, then afterwards the game drops the snap to discourage spamming.
>>
>>159153487
That shield is 100% lulz.
Yesterday I blocked an entire salvo core with it as I doomed the scrub's titan with my spitfire.
>>
>>159156157
No, this game has plenty of problems. That is not of them. Go home.
>>
I don't know which weapon to use.

I like high ROF, but SMGs don't have enough punch. Also, LMGs are somewhat shit.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>159155869
Amped Wingman is sex.
>>
>>159153473
50%
>>
>>159156134

according to this fellow right here, everything related to combat is 20hz, movement and location pings are at 60hz.

youtube.com/watch?v=-DfqxpNrXFw
>>
>>159157485
R-201
>>
>>159157757
Please leave
>>
>>159157485
Personally I find myself using the Alternator the most. Its an smg but it has surprisingly decent range (not as good as in the beta though. thing was a killer).
Its light weight and has pretty decent hipfire when you need it. I love popping stim and using run and gun to tear through rooms of pilots and grunts.

I do switch depending on the map or flow of battle though. I use HCOG Carbine when I find myself being to agressive and being punished for it. And I do use the zoomed schope for Hemlock to pretty good success on certain maps.

I guess it really depends on your play style. I've recently unlocked the Volt and I just love the way it sounds so I've been trying that out to pretty good success. To me, it feels like the middle ground between the speed and agility of the alternator and the distance of the Carbine.
>>
File: 1477878554963.png (258KB, 1482x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1477878554963.png
258KB, 1482x1392px
>>159157757
It needs to be nerfed
the other ARs have no point atm
also ion buff when
>>
>>159157717
I wonder why they do this.

There's a big emphasis on speed and the low TTK and they make combat run at 20 Hz. I'm sure they've got some fancy tech to make it feel better and they could post an in-depth breakdown of how it all works, but fags are going to hear '20 tick servers' and think 'shit game lel'.

I'm calling it now, soon enough Youtube fags like Levelcap are going to be coming out with long boring videos demanding that Respawn 'fix the netcode'. It's going to be plastered everywhere that TF2 content is posted.
>>
File: thief 5.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
thief 5.webm
3MB, 889x500px
Stealing: the coolest crime
>>
>>159156123
Two servers in a country as small as Ireland and I get connected to Belgium, wtf?
>>
File: Kit_template.png (101KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Kit_template.png
101KB, 2048x2048px
Anyone want to help me with the /tfg/ kits? pic related is template, I need an away kit and a goalkeeper kit
>>
>>159158061

The problem is that the 20hz also impacts the others on the receiving end.

You're also getting shafted if you get someone with a higher ping/packet loss in a game with you.

With all due honesty, I think Respawn will pick up the pace and will try to fix these issues. How long will that take? I have no clue, but I can tell you right now that barring all of the problems, I still think the game's a solid fuckin gold
>>
When you kill the same guy three times in a row
https://streamable.com/bkkd
>>
File: Home Jersey Template.png (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Home Jersey Template.png
36KB, 600x600px
>>159158364
pic related is Home kit
>>
just here to say that tick rate is horrible and this game will die soon
good luck
>>
File: tfservers.jpg (88KB, 1471x756px) Image search: [Google]
tfservers.jpg
88KB, 1471x756px
>>159158094
never mind the newer video has the correct number of servers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DfqxpNrXFw

aka not very many
>>
>>159158820
>no CA servers
come on respawn
>>
>>159158820
looks like they knew it wouldnt have massive playerbase with the release.

they did say they hire servers on a month per month basis so they could always get more when it gets busy at xmas.
>>
I have actually found a way for this game's controls to not be shit on a 4-button mouse

Shift: sprint
Mouse4: toggle crouch/slide
Tactical: mwheelup/mwheeldown
Grenade/ordnance: mwheel click ie. mouse3

feels good, no longer have to use the same pinky finger for sprint and crouch
>>
I'm thinking about buying this for PC but am hearing people say the player count is too low. Is that true? Will I have trouble finding multiplayer matches?
>>
Im having problems when outnumbered as tone, what do you do when its 1v2 or 1v3? As Legion its not a problem but now as Tone Im not sure what strategy to take
>>
>>159160674
It has 10k players atm
>>
Your weapon tiers?

Which are the good, the bad and the ugly ones?
>>
>>159160793

Fuuuuuuuuu I guess I'm buying it.
>>
>>159160674
It's comparatively low to BF and COD but I haven't had any problem finding matches. Even late night it's 10-30 seconds to get into a match.

Not many people are playing the other 460 game modes but bounty hunt and attrition are healthy
>>
I can find games faster in TF2 than I can in Overwatch
>>
>>159160813
mastiff and thunderbolt are the only bad ones

>>159160992
Same but TF2 doesn't have any MMR or accounting for groups from what I've seen.
>>
>>159160992
That's because there's no thousands of others players and various party sizes queueing for games alongside you.
>>
>>159158906
>a leaf
>>
Xboner here looking for some teammates.

down to play whatever except last titan standing

GT: IzzoSkizzy
>>
>>159161961
California
not canada
>>
>>159162105
>a bear
>>
File: 1477124725307.gif (44KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1477124725307.gif
44KB, 1024x768px
>>159162105
>>
Is a custom funko pop a prerequisite for any AAA release, feels like it at times.

>>159162332
bears are cool
>>
I just cannot into twitch shooting.
I fear I'll never be able to kill and go fast at the same time.
>>
what is the best weapons in each category?

The alternator seems to have way too little mag to be used well.
>>
I miss being able to play as IMC.
>>
>>159163216
Play for the general?
>>
>>159163195
R-201 leaves very little reason to use any other assault rifle, it just werks.

CAR or Volt are probably the best SMGs. The fast fire one is trash. The Alternator is fun for the crazy damage but the small mag and hella recoil mean it's probably not as good if you're being a tryhard.

The EV-8 beats the Mastiff hands down. Again the Mastiff is fun to use but the slow projectile speed and horrible fire rate (when you need two shots to kill most of the time) mean once again it isn't 100% optimal.

All the sniper rifles are garbage but if I had to pick one, probably the Double-Take. Might as well miss with two bullets at once.

Devotion is top tier LMG, again L-STAR is fun as fuck but travel time essentially gimps the range.

Haven't used the grenadier weapons much, apparently the micro missile launcher is top tier.
>>
>>159163436
I want a Spyglass faction
and I want a Graves faction just so I can mop the floor with that traitor's troops
>>
>>159163620
Devotion is shit, it has garbage bin DPS for the first second of firing and by the time the firerate ramps up the recoil gets so insane that you can't land it on target
>>
>>159149593
its called goosing
>>
File: trump wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
trump wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>159163848
>Devotion is shit
>>
>>159163848
Sure, it's shit. It's less shit than the other two pieces of shit in its category, making it a top tier LMG.

If you want to win, why aren't you using the R-201?
>>
File: 1425262835606.png (148KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
1425262835606.png
148KB, 343x343px
>>159163621
Guess you're shit outa luck there then.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>159163907
With Scorch, I guess you could say that pilot's goose was cooked
>>
>>159164269
What?
>>
>>159163848
>Devotion is shit

Holy shit lol, classic vg
>>
>>159163620

What's the best hipfire weapon? I heard people saying Alternator in the beta but I'm not sure if that's still valid.
>>
>>159164692
Alternator, volt, EPG
>>
Who here is raw-doggin it with Mastiff? It's so good
>>
>>159164692
Volt is very accurate both in ADS and hipfire including when going fast. The rate of fire and damage are pretty mediocre so you have to have a good aim.

If you can't aim, spray shots with the Alternator, the damage is insane.
>>
>>159164692
for close range? the alternator

ive been using the devotion and its great at all ranges, you can hip fire it at close and mid range and its accurate. long range ADS is good too, its a nice jack of all trades
>>
>>159164435
Do you really not get it?
>>
File: A quick nuke.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
A quick nuke.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>159164692
Alternator's pretty good. The recoil will fuck you at long range though.
>>
>>159164743
>>159164853
>>159164896
>>159164993

Thanks lads.
>>
So what's the consensus guys?
Game here to stay, or dead by Xmas?
>>
>>159165714
Here to stay
>>
>>159165714
Game is here to stay in a Rainbow Six Siege kind of a way. Initial sales might be disappointing but the quality of the game is apparent, the word of mouth will get around and the playerbase is going to be healthy for a few years at least.
>>
File: bad end.png (17KB, 642x164px) Image search: [Google]
bad end.png
17KB, 642x164px
>>159162629
Wait, shit, this one actually looks really good.

Especially for a Funko Pop fig.

Help
>>
>>159165714
I'm staying, that's for goddamn sure
>>
>>159165714
as of now the game has plenty of players, I think some will stop playing eventually but at the very least a small but dedicated player base will remain to keep some of the more popular game modes active
>>
>>159163620
>>159164692
>>159163195
its good to know whats best and use them when you have to win, but please dont turn this into what the previous game was, everyone using only the best in every category. dont be afraid to use other guns and have fun
>>
File: 1463216208377.png (124KB, 5000x2571px) Image search: [Google]
1463216208377.png
124KB, 5000x2571px
>no reason to use anything but gun running smg's
>>
File: Funko-titanfall.jpg (582KB, 2064x900px) Image search: [Google]
Funko-titanfall.jpg
582KB, 2064x900px
>>159165932
its the lack of those ugly, beady black eyes that they put on every other figure

I really like the legion one
>>
>>159165714
like others said, itll be fine. all the dlc being free is a pretty good incentive to bring players that quit back too.
>>
>>159166151
Thanks to the lack of a skill-based matchmaking system I've mostly been fucking around with pistols and the grenadier meme weapons. Winning at all costs just isn't as much fun as popping motherfuckers with the Wingman.
>>
>>159166348

The flatline and R 201 are knocking
>>
>>159165865
thats assuming a lot i think

but players are steady for the first week at least
>>
I think things like the lootcrate system from overwatch are fucking stupid but I wish that titanfall would copy one thing from overwatch and that thing is unique skins. I'd actually love to go "skinhunting" if the skin would change up the actual model to some degree. Also, imagine event skins, christmas for example, a santa hat for your titan. For me personally it'd add something even though I get that it'd look silly to some people but I think that there can be a good compromise.
>>
File: 1471392381665.png (1MB, 1803x877px) Image search: [Google]
1471392381665.png
1MB, 1803x877px
>tfw discovering the majesty of the grappling hook

i cant believe i was ever a stim shitter
>>
File: 1384988231352.jpg (30KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1384988231352.jpg
30KB, 500x367px
>want to run and gun
>everyone else keeps killing me long-range
>>
>>159165714
I'll be playing this at least until I get a full set of Stoic Dark camo for my pilot, the Volt, the MGL and Ion (best girl). So however long that takes.

And probably for a long while after that too.
>>
File: 1412204503320.jpg (108KB, 736x751px) Image search: [Google]
1412204503320.jpg
108KB, 736x751px
>>159166765
>Slingshotting yourself round a corner and onto an enemy Titan

OH MY GOD I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING SPIDERMAN JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>159166793
flank and use stim to get in their faces
>>
>>159166839
unlocking stoic dark camo requires gen. 11 on pilots

so thats reaching lvl 50 11 times over
>>
>>159167253
Cool, I'm currently level 34 after 20 hours including a bit of campaign. Guess I'm here to stay for a while then.
>>
>>159156721

Is it just me or is melee hit detection wonky as hell?
>>
File: 1476974681207.jpg (243KB, 1159x836px) Image search: [Google]
1476974681207.jpg
243KB, 1159x836px
>someone was shitting on rainbow six siege earlier
>Not yelling "IT'S ABOUT TO GET HOT" when using scorch's core
It's like you guys don't like fun
>>
>>159139450

>insults console players
>while using an aimbot
>on only two close range pilots
>says "nani"

fucking leave

I've wiped the whole team with one magazine before and I'm on xbone

you're a shitter
>>
File: IMG_0436.png (174KB, 416x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0436.png
174KB, 416x396px
>>159160793
>tfw 21k players on PS4

That's after work though when most people are home
>>
>>159163621
>and I want a Graves faction just so I can mop the floor with that traitor's troops
Nobody tell him.
>>
>>159167975
It's objectively, factually true that console players can not complete with PC players. Analogs just do not work for FPS. They add auto-aim to console games and you still can't shoot as well as with mouse and keyboard.
>>
>>159149550

>first punch doesn't do anything
>second punch sends you into a 3 second animation that's pointless, from a meter away

this inconsistency is getting me killed alot.
>>
>>159168104
t-t-tell me what?
>>
File: visible anger.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
visible anger.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>159166793
>everyone cloaks and shoots at people across the map from windows or rooftops
>everyone sprints around on the ground
When will they learn?
>>
>>159168182

tell that to the tf1 lobbies I beat with a controller last year

I got 180 points in one attrition match once on PC back then

shame my PC could barely run the game, let alone record it.
>>
>>159167503
Right now, very.
>>
>>159168539
I offer you to beat me with a controller in literally any PC FPS game of your choosing. Prove your word, my man
>>
>>159168735

prove you're not running an aimbot, you fucking spic.
>>
>>159168735
>>159168539
>>159168790

https://youtu.be/wJN1VvfHO4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF5hqdc510g
>>
File: 135691286926.jpg (71KB, 618x685px) Image search: [Google]
135691286926.jpg
71KB, 618x685px
>>159168790
>prove you're not running an aimbot

Ah, yes, this is how the burden of proof works.

Just like in Charles Darwin's 'On the Origin of Species', which contained the words "Prove that living things have not evolved from one another over the course of millions of years." and nothing else.
>>
File: 1399489961091.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1399489961091.gif
428KB, 200x183px
Asking again

Anyone for Xbros?

GT: IzzoSkizzy
>>
>>159168975

what more proof do we need than you literally snapping onto and off of players at close range?

maybe a webm of you actually tracking a target and shooting him down without twitching like an aimbot 100% of the time? Got any of that? I'd love to see it.

Actually though, I would, any member of TFG who looks like they're botting brings shame to us all.
>>
>>159168975
Not him nor do I care
His claim was that your flick to the left was highly suspicious.
Could you have been extremely lucky? Yes. Is there a reason to also believe that there is a chance you might be using a hack. Also yes. A video of you facing off against multiple enemies would be best to prove that you are legit or you are hacking
>>
How do I git gud at this game?

In a titan I'm doing okay-ish, I play rather safe, though.

But as pilot I'm just getting rekt. Doesn't make it better I cant find a weapon I'm good with.
>>
What's the point of energy weapons?

They have travel time, their ROF isn't outstanding and on longer ranges bullets hit better. Can someone explain their niche to me?
>>
>>159169701

Most of them are the result of people saying "WE NEED MOAR GUNS RESPAWN" after tf2 was announced to be in production.

I've noticed a few of them seem to do more damage towards stalkers, reapers, and spectres, but I haven't confirmed that.
>>
>>159167975
>>while using an aimbot
console players LUL
>>
>>159169562
EVA and CAR are good weapons to try and focus on while you're coming to grips with the rest of the game. Stick to Stim until you're good at movement fast and know the maps. Try more stuff when you start doing better though. Don't be a shitter.

>>159169701
>What's the point of energy weapons?
Spam is their main advantage. You can just wet an area and be guaranteed kills if the enemies don't kill you first or move out of range. Moving fast will prevent the former and mitigate the latter.
>>
>>159168983
Might just be PS4 and PC players on here right now desu. If you were on PS4 I'd add you.
>>
>>159170065

How do I get fast?
The only thing I'm doing is sliding on the ground and wallrunning a bit.
>>
>>159170357
I appreciate it
>>
>>159170358
Learn slidehopping. Wallrun to build speed -> jump off -> let go of w -> press crouch -> jump as soon as you hit the ground -> hit crouch again and repeat

When you've gotten the hang of that, try strafejumping by holding down a or d and moving the mouse smoothly in the direction of the turn while in the air.
>>
Running speed increases as you run up to 1.2x after a 2 second period. maybe less idk

8% Decrease on Tone's tracker missle damage. Increase start up by 1/3 second on core usage

Remove red outline on pilots but not titans

Slight buff to L Stars damage

Reduce Turrets health by 1/3rd and have a total max of 3 of your teams Turrets placed at a time, with a max of 2 per type. Reduce rate of fire as well on Pilot Turrets

Amped Wall has its own health bar and does not need to be destroyed at the base. 250 health sounds good. It should not function as a Hard Cover that increases damage, while being on a cool down and be impossible to break from the front.

Holo Pilot's Holos now climb gabs, run on walls and slide when appropriate instead of hitting an obstacle and dying. Also changed to 3 uses instead of 2. They could also each use a teammates model instead of the users

Decrease Wingmans damage drop off or increase RoF. I have no idea how to fix this gun

Increase Gravity Stars damage on impact and damage on explosion

Radar Jammer stops any map hack for its duration and reduces the range of Pulse Blades

Increase initial grapple momentum by 10%

Remove the arm from Cloak character model
Cloak is not visible from Pulse Blade or Map Hack if they are cloaked before hand. Or they are only visible on radar during these while cloaked. Pulse and Map hack on a cloaked individual reveal them as if they weren't cloaked. Tone's pulse follows pulse blade rules
ps fuck cloak faggots

Increase activation time on Phase Rewind. Its completely useless as it is right now

Holo Pilot Nova follows same rules as holo pilot mentioned above

Why does Battery Back up have a different color plate compared to all the other Boosts?

Add a fucking stats screen for Pilot, Titans, and every fucking weapon. Jesus christ respawn

Custom Class names aren't reset on Regeneration

Remove Homestead
Add Griffball clone
>>
>>159171442
No
>>
What Titan kit are you guys using?
I love Nuclear Ejection but I feel like Assault chip make my un-manned Ion really good
>>
>>159171714
Extra dash, forever and always
>>
>>159171632
yes
>>
File: 1462709655149.jpg (114KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462709655149.jpg
114KB, 720x960px
>He doesn't use exclusively meme weapons
>>
>>159171714
i like stealth auto eject! unless im using scorch or legion, then i use turbo engines
>>
File: 232323324.jpg (32KB, 382x383px) Image search: [Google]
232323324.jpg
32KB, 382x383px
>>159171442
lmao @ pathetic losers who think they can balance a game better than the people who made it

this goes for everyone who is constantly suggesting dumb shit like this
>>
>>159169701
I like L star. No reloads
>>
as an outsider who loves the look of this game but is piss poor -- i have to say, you have some pretty nice waifus
>>
>>159171714
Core on Ion
Dash on everything else
>>
>>159172007
I use the SMR and EVA
>>
>>159171442
>Remove Homestead

>remove content from the game because I can't git gud
"no"
>>
File: bestguns.png (117KB, 407x262px) Image search: [Google]
bestguns.png
117KB, 407x262px
>>159172007
>>
File: insanity_intensifies.gif (494KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
insanity_intensifies.gif
494KB, 500x282px
>>159171442
>>
>>159171714
Extra dash on everything except Ronin
Nuclear eject for Ronin
>>
>>159172270
I could make this game 500x more fun than a bunch of middle aged san fran coders who've been coding Call of Duty clones for the past decade
>>
>>159172728
idk why you'd have a problem with hometown, complex and boomtown are the only maps I'd consider "bad" and boomtown's only problem is that stupid bridge in the middle that has too much cover
>>
Did they seriously leave out Frontier Defense?
It was one of the most popular modes and my personal favorite.
That's a no buy situation for me.
Any chance they add it in later?
>>
>>159173228
im not a huge fan of crash site but I wouldnt want them to take it out of the game
>>
>get rodeo'd
>teammates ignore you

Thanks for the help morons
>>
>>159173276
>Any chance they add it in later?
probably as free-lc down the line
>>
File: 1477957350966.png (572KB, 732x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1477957350966.png
572KB, 732x1000px
>all these people who think Respawn are going to nerf Tone, pulse dagger and map hack

rofl, need I remind you that this is the company that took 8 months to fix akimbo 1887s
>>
>>159172858
Where's the coldwar nigga
>>
I love this game but god damn I hate the maps
>>
>>159172270
fix that bra good lord
>>
damn I start to love using A-wall with Double Take rifle specially in open maps
>>
>>159173391
I didn't like Crash Site at first but once you learn the layout it's not too bad. I don't love it but yeah I wouldn't remove it either.
>>
>>159173712
it got taken away when i regenerated.
>>
>>159173805
does amp wall also act as a shield from incoming fire
>>
>>159173152
Okay, then do it.

Great news - game development is easier than ever.

Make a little prototype or something.
>>
File: execute and run.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
execute and run.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>compression on ps4 recording
better than nothing i guess
>>
>>159173981
No
>>
>>159173951
yeah
>>
So sonar knife is the new meme equipment? All my games today have been full of them
>>
>>159174152
More like cloaking
>>
>>159174152
Two people with sonar knife and tactikill can give 24/7 wallhacks to the team
>>
Best loadout for Ion?
>>
>>159174152
I'm constantly lit up by sonar knives and map hacks, it doesn't seem to matter. The slow may know I'm coming but I'm too fast for them to stop anyway.
>>
>>159174018
>console players have to play with gamepad /and/ 70 FOV
I weep for you guys
>>
File: This Legion.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
This Legion.webm
3MB, 853x480px
<3 Ion
>>
>>159174271
gamepad is totally fine but i wish i could pull the fov back just a tad
>>
>>159174365
>can barely DPS race legion using ion canon

If he didn't give you a full vortex he probably would have won
>>
>>159174540
Well yeah, Legion should win a 1v1 at full health at that range, it's his thing.

I don't think any other Titan would have stood a chance.
>>
File: mEpNaxa.png (651KB, 680x628px) Image search: [Google]
mEpNaxa.png
651KB, 680x628px
>>159174374
>gamepad is totally fine
>>
>>159174602
Tone. Always Tone
>>
>>159174374
I mean the gamepad is one thing but after they patched the game the other day it defaulted back to 70 and I almost lost my lunch trying to go fast at that FOV
>>
>>159174603
who needs mouse precision when you have aim assist
>>
>get put into a match in progress
>losing side of a BH 71-1600

Dear god why
>>
>>159174738
>Turn it around and win anyway

I've done it, just get your titan and farm the NPCs.
>>
File: Phase blast.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Phase blast.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I'm proud of the little hackusation I got for this.
>>
>>159174971
Most people say that as a joke
>>
anyone else stuck at contacting respawn servers suddenly?
>>
>>159175053
Yeah I think he probably meant it as a joke. Made me chuckle either way.
>>
>>159171714
>unmanned titan
Pfft, get a load of this guy.
>>
>>159175083
I think something's wrong with origin servers
>>
>>159175083
yea rip
>>
>>159173951
atm it one shot pilot even with body shot through amp wall
>>
>Want to be a phase shifting terminator with L-Star
>its shit

why
>>
>>159175417
is phase shift bad? I haven't gotten it yet but it seems cool
>>
>>159127694
The main thing about him is that he's a largely defensive titan built around superior grunt destruction and area denial and traps.
People dont use their thermal shield enough, it's useful for both blocking shots and dealing damage at point blank.
People also dont use flame-arm enough
>>
>>159175531
It's great if you use it right. Using it with faster health regen is dirty.
>>
So guys is it worth buying it on pc? or is it gonna die in 2 months like titanfall 1 did?
>>
File: 1477954156943.png (332KB, 1150x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1477954156943.png
332KB, 1150x1083px
>>159175747
We should tally these posts

>>159175591
Skorch a cute
>>
>>159175747
Not dead, queue times are really good right now. I'm someone who hates long queue times and I can see TF2 lasting at least a year on PC before queue times get bad.
>>
>>159175591
My main thing about scorch is that he's an incredibly unintuitive Titan: your weapon isn't your primary means of dealing damage.
It's a mix of thermal shield, the flame traps and flame arm/core
For instance, I was in a 1v1 with a Legion, he was laying down pressure and I was mainly biding my time to try to push him back a bit between my thermal shield and my flame arm.
Eventually, he was back enough that I felt comfortable throwing out my gas canisters on either side of his escape and going to town with thermal shield.
He tries to make a break for it but I lit the canisters just before I threw up my shield so he ran into them.
Around this point I drop my flame core on him and (since I have the self-heat protection) Went in for a termination.
It's all about setting up situations where the other titans are mostly about reacting to situations
>>
>>159175747
Congratulations! You're the one thousandth poster to ask this question!
Click [HERE] for your free iPhone!

If you liked the first one, absolutely.
The free maps are probably going to keep the game going for a while.
Get it for 49 bucks on GMG.
>>
Am I bad for using legion?
>>
>>159175747
It's good.
Single player is fun
Servers are pretty alive for Attrition and bounty hunt but not the other modes usually. what are you gonna do

>>159175894
What voice pack would you want as DLC for scorch?
I want me some German she-wolf yelling at me to be more careful
>>
>>159176047
So long as you make use of his entire kit and don't just rely on his normal shooting + shield occasionally, then you're fine.

Too many people neglect his full kit that makes him the essential GUN-themed titan

Ice and Electro Titan when?
>>
File: 1478028537920.jpg (52KB, 645x617px) Image search: [Google]
1478028537920.jpg
52KB, 645x617px
>Pilot, You are 6-4 MVP!
T-thanks
>>
>>159175531
phase shift is okay, but L-Star is irredeemably bad, which sucks because its fun as hell
>>
>>159176485
I didn't notice
>>
>tfw want to play other titans than legion but other titans are utterly inferior to tone
>>
>you need to be rank 49 to join the shittiest faction
Just in time for regeneration. Marder a shit.
>>
File: now i am the tone.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
now i am the tone.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>159176760
Embrace your inner edgelord. Better than being a massive tryhard.
>>
>>159174118
>I could make a better game
then do it
>no
Goddamn you're retarded
>>
>>159176996
ronin is cool and all but only useful up close

>playing good titans is being a tryhard
not my fault respawn didnt balance the titans very well
>>
>>159176996
>didn't go for the execute
it's like nothing is crawling in your skin
>>
>>159177378
His wounds healed
>>
>>159176047
only tone players are baddies

playing a titan with literally no weakness
>>
>>159176996
>didn't use the sword block to close the distance for a termination
>>
>>159177740
only having one method of attack available at all times is a bit of a weakness.
>>
>playin' Scorch
>getting bullied by pilots on top of buildings
Go away you jerks.
>>
>>159177378
Executes are so wonky atm, it wasn't worth the risk while doomed.

>>159177158
The sword/shotgun robot is only useful up close
You don't say?

Also, ronin is as good as tone insofar as his entire kit is useful. He has no dud abilities.
>>
>>159177740

he can't mitigate as much damage as ion or legion, and he's only useful for doing high DPS stuff if you can land shots.

Legion is much easier to play than tone.

both scorch and the two squishies need a buff, though.
>>
>>159177810
counterbalanced by the fact that its the best anti-infantry titan weapon in the game, does respectable anti-titan damage as well

you get the wall to protect your ass, and sonar to help achieve lock-on and spot targets

>>159178051
>Also, ronin is as good as tone insofar as his entire kit is useful. He has no dud abilities.
sure, the kit is useful in its niche (up close) but if you get caught out as ronin you're fucked
>>
File: 1445560654432.png (20KB, 134x111px) Image search: [Google]
1445560654432.png
20KB, 134x111px
>>159177964
>Pilots hiding on the roof
>Set the whole thing ablaze and watch them burn.
>>
File: mp_homestead0002.jpg (517KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_homestead0002.jpg
517KB, 1920x1080px
We did it
>>
File: legion has no honor.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
legion has no honor.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>159177784
Panicked because of the rodeo, had been on low health for a while.

Protip: sword block works vs esmoke and scorch fire damage. Not sure how much it blocks, but it does animate and make the sound.
>>
>>159178247
>see pilot Eject
>Ion Hit scan them out of the sky
>>
Why doesn't anyone help when their teammates are boarded?
>>
>>159178286
>0 kills

yea but how tho
>>
I like to mix up my pilot loadout regularly but I've stuck with Ion since I started playing on release day. Embarking for the first time in a round is like meeting and old friend. It's comfy having a bit of consistency between games.
>>
>>159178247
Can you launch the trap onto roofs?
>>
>>159173276
i dont see why they wouldnt add it in. it was popular as you said, and its the perfect game mode for a casual solo player that just wants to shoot shit and do cool titan stuff without having to compete in pvp
>>
>>159178364
>See pilot anywhere
>Ion laser shot instagib

Best anti pilot weapon in the game.
>>
>>159178519
depend on the angel and how far are they
when I play Bounty I always set the whole bank on fire
>>
which titan has the best voice?

i vote for scorch!
>>
File: konglogo1.png (190KB, 1000x997px) Image search: [Google]
konglogo1.png
190KB, 1000x997px
>>159178209
The get gud and don't get caught out? Sword block phase dash into cover and move on.

>>159178286
>molassas fatts
Kong represent.
I bought it for ps4
>>
>>159178374
I try to but these randoms spin around in circles as if they'd eventually see the enemy pilot behind them
>>
>>159178519
Absolutely, on some evac points you can land it on the dropship too. Scorch is sorely underappreciated since it's more than just point and click.
>>
>>159178629
Ion
>It is good to have you back pilot
Y-you too
>>
>>159178629
Northstar by far.
>>
>>159178374

to be fair, boarding when viewed from the front of the titan can be hard to see on the heavies and medium titans.

But there's no excuse for not helping a ronin or northstar.

Remember to turn around and stay still if you're not under fire, so they have a clear shot at the pilot, and crouch if there's no cover between you and your friendly titans.
>>
>>159178629
Scorch and Ronin
>>
>>159178629
Ion hands down
>>
>>159178629
I never play it but I really like Ronin's
>My sword is yours
>>
The most ridiculous thing in this game is to get a buddy and both of you play legion. Titans melt in like 3-4 seconds. No one can even show their face.
>>
File: ill fuck you for free.png (309KB, 386x448px) Image search: [Google]
ill fuck you for free.png
309KB, 386x448px
whats the point of the networks???
>>
>>159178652
>The get gud and don't get caught out? Sword block phase dash into cover and move on.
all that work and chance of failure just so I can get into close range and be conceivably out-dpsed by my target
>>
>>159178519
OH YES.
It's one of my favorite things to do to have a buddy throw down a sonar knife in a building, throw a trap in there are just the right angle (crouching helps with low throws, aiming high works for tall ones) and igniting it.
>>
>>159179017
Play with people you sort of know already.
Like playing on the 4chin network means I at least know the base competency of who I'll be playnig with and can adjust.
>>
>>159179094
And this is what makes you a tryhard.
>>
When are they going to put Jeeves back as a Titan OS?
>call down scorch
>Welcome back pilot. I've kept the seat warm for you
>>
>>159178629
Better Question:

What voice for which Titan would you be willing to pay $5-10 for?

t. Not the DLC coordinator for Respawn
>>
>>159179459
I'd never pay that much for a voice unless the impossible happens and they do a Heavy Object crossover.
>>
>>159179459
HK-47 for Ronin
>>
File: Ti-tans.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Ti-tans.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>159179459
>>159179276
>Call down Tone
>Welcome Back pilot, remember that it's rude to stare
>>
>>159179459
I'd pay $20 for a Ron Perlman voice pack
>>
>>159179459
I just want Ryoko back.
>>
>>159179712
Which Ron Perlman?
I'd pay $10 easily for a voice pack of Justice from Afro Samurai
>>
File: 2.jpg (11KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
11KB, 300x269px
>there are people in this game who do nothing except play with A-wall and EVA-08 inside cramped parts of the maps
>>
>>159179459
Jap for all desu

Give me back my Armored Core feel Respawn please.
>>
>>159179854
I've never ever seen that. It's nothing but cloak or stim with the 201 on a roof.
>>
>>159179215
I dont think you know what a tryhard is
>>
>>159179459
Jack black would be fun
>>
>Some nerd deploys an A-wall at ground level to protect himself from my Ion
>Laugh as he turns and tries to run away as I just walk up and step on him
>>
>>159179459
GET JO WYATT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysMQ2XathwM
>>
>>159179989
>prioritizes winning over fun
>standard comeback is "but winning IS fun"
>>
>>159180173
A-Wall?
The one that mostly just offers a damage boost?
The one that offers nothing for defense except a better offense?

That's not a nerd at all, that's a retard
>>
Question:
For my Tone, what would be better to pick: double wall strength or 2 pings per sonar? Both seem very strong.
>>
>>159180006
>WHAAAAAM WOOOW Pilot, Welcome back to the show
>Go in for the termination, Go go go
>>
>>159180509
who says I dont have fun playing legion?
>>
>>159180634
It's indestructible yo.
>>
>>159180634
The pilot A-wall blocks all incoming shots and doesn't have a damage limit.
>>
>>159180692
Extra rockets
>>
>>159173784
same my nigguh
same
>>
File: junkratface.png (171KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
junkratface.png
171KB, 540x304px
>mfw I finally learned how to play Scorch
I was awful with him in the tech test, but he really shines on some maps like crash site.
>>
>>159180840
>>159180871
Huh, I didn't know it blocked incoming shots.
>>
>>159180806
You did
>>159176760
>i refuse to play anything but the best
>>
>>159181045
Yeah, and once you figure out how to create those bottle-necks like in Crash Site, he becomes amazing in team fights and 1v1s.
>>
>>159181045
Scorch on Complex becomes a flame-fueled massacre, especially on hardpoint since pilots don't expect you to be able to reach so far into B.
>>
So, how are the Flatline and Devotion?
I'm lvl 25 and want to try a new weapon. I have the feeling LMGs are shit though?

Also, what's the difference in usability of ARs and SMGs?
>>
>>159181353
I said i wanted to try the others, not that I dont enjoy playing legion
>>
>>159181469
>scorch and northstar on crashsite
They can't stay where they are, and they can't run away.
>>
>>159181353
Maybe he has a blast playing Legion and is afraid the other chassis' won't live up to that
I was the same way with [[[tortanic]]], I started with Imp Agent and was never motivated to complete the other storylines because they weren't as good as the agent's
>>
>>159181631
LMGs are shit

ARs have less good hipfire than SMGs, but flatline has pretty good hipfire

SMGs have less good sighted aiming than SMGs
>>
>>159181691
>Maybe he has a blast playing Legion
exactly, I tried and likey Ion but its not the same
>>
So those of you who know and understand EA access, when do yall think Titanfall will arrive? I can probably wait a month or so but I dont want to wait a half a year to play this beauty.
Also is it worth the $60?
>>
Can we put something in future OPs that answers all these 'is the game good', 'is it dead', 'is it going to have a good lifespan' questions?
>>
>>159181654
YEah but that map is just friendly to those two, they aren't impossible to use on other maps but you have to be able to use their entire kit at just the right moments.

The funny thing is Tone's mastery curve is asymptotic at higher skill play but it matters.

See, the thing I see the most from people who get fucked by Tone is the lack of use of their defensive skills.
I don't see Ronins phase dashing when they see the missiles, I don't see Thermal or vortex shields either.
PEople just take it which confuses me a bit.

Northstar is arguably the squishiest just because they're a glass-cannon sniper.
Their best bet is to use hit and run sneak-tactics with their cluster missile and rail gun
>>
What is Sniperchan's theme guys?
>>
>>159181829
It's 50 on GMG
>>
>>159181320
>that's a retard

made ya eat your words, eh?
>>
>>159182107
I don't even try to engage a tone that has seen me as ronin, and I almost never see other ronins sword block.
>>
>queuing with tfg bros
>mfw we get enumbre against us
>mfw we all get titans and he can't aimbot us
>win 400-100

kek
>>
>taking a break from overwatch
>can't decide between BF1 and TF2
>hear that ttk is super low in TF2
> want to practise my aim
>pulled the trigger on BF1

I think I made a mistake. I'm not really having fun and I'm suddenly missing Mechwarrior for some reason. I want to be in a mech and destroying shit.
>>
>>159147212
I feel the complete opposite on scorch, i can easily fuck titans and pilots so long as they arent on high ground
since if they are above you or at a decent distance its half impossible to hit them with your gun without leading like a motherfucker
>>
>>159183282
Pick up TF2 on CDkeys or something for cheap
>>159182770
basically
>>
>>159183553
The hitbox on the thermite launcher is fucking huge, so I usually have little problem hitting pilots except for at extreme range. Plus the arc works in your favor in some circumstances.
Of course, if that fails just burn it all away. The traps can reach some really niche areas once you get used to them.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11562476
Faction check time
>>
>>
>>159183985

b a s e d
>>
>>159183282
dude I was in the exact same position, but went for TiF2.... sorry to say it man but I feel like I made the right call.

As >>159183713 said, try and get a cheap key it's pretty fun
>>
>just find out about that german code give away
>been almost an hour and no code

Fug.
>>
File: 1478028814536.png (49KB, 146x179px) Image search: [Google]
1478028814536.png
49KB, 146x179px
>>159183282
I put like 30 hours into BF1 and haven't even thought about playing it since TF2 came out.
>>
>>159184281
try a different email
i got mine instantly but for one of my emails i didnt get it at all
>>
>happy hour on xbone tfg network
>spent half of it eating, masturbating, and shitposting
>too anxious to start invite
Fug
>>
Just rolled by Target and there was shit all for codes

Anyone got any Target codes to give away
>>
>>159184467
Was that you who sent one a few minutes ago?
>>
>>159166403
Fucking dammit now I have to buy these things
>>
>>159184709
For BH yeah because I'm bad at everything else
>>
So /tfg/, what's the verdict?

I'm really enjoying it so far.
>>
>>159185934
its a good base but stuff needs some more balancing and tweaking
alot of small annoying shit was overlooked and it bugs me
>>
>>159185934
Xbone fag here, loving it
>tfw Gates calls out you getting a quad kill
>>
"Guide the core. Salvo Core missiles are guided by where she looks."
Tone is canon female
>>
>>159185934
pilot weapons and kits are fairly well balanced, but could be better

titans have a ways to go to be balanced
>>
File: 6c2.jpg (112KB, 680x1008px) Image search: [Google]
6c2.jpg
112KB, 680x1008px
>>159185934
Tone is retarded and they need to unrestrict normal b-hopping. Other than that, it's bretty gud.
>>
>>159186239
Tone is an inanimate object.
>>
>>159186594
anon, do you know what inanimate means
>>
Will people ever play free for all?
>>
>>159186832
"not alive, especially not in the manner of animals and humans."
also, Harambe was just a gorilla.
>>
>>159186915
if only they had free for all, EPG only
i bet that would be a blast
>>
>>159186229
>Run into building
>See two grunts
>suddenly at low hp
>Spray and pray
>Kill them both
>they were pilots
>"Double time." on the radio
>Stim and boost out the window
>Kill a pilot thats flying by me
>"Damn. Remind me not to mess with you..."
Felt so fucking good compared to my typical shitter gameplay
>>
So, how is the Volt?

I didn't unlock it yet and want to buy it.
It seems to be the only non-shit futuristic primary and is a mix of AR and SMG?
>>
File: 24744735_p0.jpg (1MB, 1786x2525px) Image search: [Google]
24744735_p0.jpg
1MB, 1786x2525px
>>159187273
I'm not a fan, it's literally laser accurate at all ranges but it does less damage than the CAR, and desu when you're going FAST sometimes a little bullet spread is exactly what you need to get the crazy kills whereas the Volt sometimes your aim can fuck you up if it's even a little off.
>>
>>159187273

not as good as the g2 or the devotion
>>
can we remove the r-201 please

same fucking retarded shit as tf1
>>
>>159187885

yeah the ttk of it is too low, and it's too accurate at extreme ranges
>>
>>159187885
>but the eva 8 is fine
>>
>>159188191
Let me know when you get sniped from across the map by the EVA from full health
>>
File: BareNeighboringKiwi.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BareNeighboringKiwi.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
from ribbit, apparently gravity stars can prevent pilot ejection. this is interesting
>>
>>159188191
it is fine because its not going to fuck you in the ass halfway across the map
>>
I'm in love with the Softball.
>>
a story told in one image
>>
>>159187273
volt is the most accurate hipfire weapon in the game besides the grenadier stuff. it also has respectable sighted accuracy

when amped, volt is the best weapon in the game imo, but if you're not amped the alternator is a better smg
>>
>>159189772
a rude fag with a bad connection who tryharded against someone there to have fun, you're right
>>
File: le hina face.png (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
le hina face.png
60KB, 600x600px
>>159189772
>get a connection capt skippy .
>Ping: 48
>>
File: coliseumwedidit.png (59KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
coliseumwedidit.png
59KB, 1920x1080px
>>159189772
post em if you got em bois
>>
File: um6ijro.jpg (660KB, 3192x2124px) Image search: [Google]
um6ijro.jpg
660KB, 3192x2124px
>>159189976
>>
File: 1477389278283.png (419KB, 645x862px) Image search: [Google]
1477389278283.png
419KB, 645x862px
>>159189772
>>159189976
>>159190092
god damn i'm happy PS4 has no chat.
>>
File: mp_homestead0008.jpg (514KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_homestead0008.jpg
514KB, 1920x1080px
5 hours of winning non-stopped ended by the server crashing
>>
>>159189772
The coliseum should give you back your ticket if you win imo

>>159190349
What's the point of winning as a 6stack? You might as well play easy mode campaign
>>
File: mp_forwardbase_kodai0005.jpg (403KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_forwardbase_kodai0005.jpg
403KB, 1920x1080px
>>159190156
>>
File: 1477577872971.png (636KB, 1322x940px) Image search: [Google]
1477577872971.png
636KB, 1322x940px
>>159190503
>>
Is this game fun? Worth buying? Should I use a key site?
>>
>>159190403
because playing in a party is a thing
>>
>>159189772
>rddt
He had it commin
>>
Is awall devotion fun?
>>
How do I git gud?

It seems like I can't do enough damage, like I'm on 50% damage and everyone else is doing 200% damage
>>
>>159190634
Yeah it's pretty fun.

A-wall with AOE spam is more fun though. Like that 4-shot grenadier weapon.
>>
I want this game but I'm afraid I'm going to waste my money with it.

Does it have a lot of unlocks and things to basically grind for as you play games?
>>
>>159190865
Lower your mouse sensitivity. I'm likely the best aimer playing this game and I use 1600/1

>>159190985
Yes, there's an unlock system, but it took me about 2 days to unlock everything

Takes way longer to get all the cosmetics though. There's no microtransactions
>>
>>159190985
not really there is some stuff but it doesn't last that long
>>
>>159179459

>"PIE-LAT, ENEMY ON YOUR LEFT"
>*Kill Enemy*
>"CON-GRAD-YOU-LATIONS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY
>>
>>159189772
Is this where you've been hiding?
>>
>>159191571
It's fun yo
>>
File: seras.jpg (55KB, 536x479px) Image search: [Google]
seras.jpg
55KB, 536x479px
>>159179459
>calm and professional at first
>gets worked up into bloodlust as you kill more enemies

I know this will never happen, but I can dream
>>
File: iron-giant[1].jpg (52KB, 1329x750px) Image search: [Google]
iron-giant[1].jpg
52KB, 1329x750px
>>159179459
>>
>>159179459
I'd pay $5 for a Viper faction
>>
File: s4rune.jpg (91KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
s4rune.jpg
91KB, 640x640px
That fucking campaign lads
>>
File: 1463925615084.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463925615084.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>159136495
>>159136672
My cunts, we suffer together.
>>
>>159179459
GladOS for Northstar would be great.

Snipers in games are usually sociopathic cold killing machine types, so it's a good fit.
>>
Anybody wanna play some mixtape? Is there a group already going on xbox?
>>
>>159181045

I legit won a 2v1 against a tone and a legion by spamming my fire shit around a corner into their bottleneck
>>
File: Cabal_3.jpg (9KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
Cabal_3.jpg
9KB, 639x479px
>>159179459
Hal 9000, VEGA from Doom, or Cabal from C&C
>>
File: 523.jpg (44KB, 456x440px) Image search: [Google]
523.jpg
44KB, 456x440px
>when you get almost $2000$ banked in BH and still lose by almost $2500
>>
>>159193089
>Cabal from C&C

>autotitan kills enemy pilot
>"you make this easy, fleshbag"
>>
>>159174971
there is nothing, NOTHING more satisfying than plucking an ejecting pilot out of the sky with a laser shot.
>>
>>159193528
>nuke core instead of turbo on legion
For what purpose?
>>
File: sadrem.png (85KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
sadrem.png
85KB, 246x246px
>tfw all of your friends hate the game and do nothing but complain when they play it
>it just feels like cod
>i don't like the new meta
>i don't feel like i'm part of a battle like in the original
>maphack/sonar knife is overpowered
>i can't even find pilots half the time
>>
>>159193528
Doing the same thing with a direct hit scorch mortar.
>>
>>159188270
did everyone already know this or something? seems like a really good way to punish people using nuke eject
>>
>playing campaign
>shotgun this guy in the back of the head
>crashes in same spot every time
>says it's a DX error
>i'm on windows 10 and have everything updated

Huh.
Well, that was fun for 20 minutes.
>>
>>159193923
If they were really friends they would git gud
>>
File: mp_lobby0000.jpg (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_lobby0000.jpg
302KB, 1920x1080px
I love scorch to death but holy fuck kills with the main gun are going to suck
all my kills come from flame shield
>>
>>159194110
>punish
Not really, they're still going to get a free new titan if they kill with it, otherwise they're just respawn as if they've been goosed.
>>
>>159194298
Flame shield does damage? I usually don't get that close
>>
>>159194123
try running in windows 7/8 compatability mode or something. or just install windows 7 alongside 10 for your games
>>
>>159194470
It does ridiculous amounts of damage, especially with the upgraded version.
>>
File: 1444742354159.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1444742354159.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>159194470
My playstyle with scorch is get right up in someone's faggoty ass face and burn them to death
>>
File: our_glorious_leader.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
our_glorious_leader.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
who /Vision Dynamics/ here?
>>
Should I play the campaign first or go right into the MP? How long is the campaign?
>>
>>159195061
>How long is the campaign?
6-7 hours
>>
>>159194470

Flame shield does an INCREDIBLE amount of damage, to the point where if the upgrade to buff it only increased duration and not its damage EVEN FURTHER I still take that upgrade over all the others. As it stands you take the upgrade and do literally more damage than Ronin just by holding down a button and walking into the enemy, and as a plus you can't even take damage from the front while doing so because, y'know, your shield's up.

What I do is call in Scorch in close proximity behind the enemy while they're otherwise engaged. Using Phase Shift to make sure I get to my Titan safely (if you think you're Good then you can just get into it but I like Phase Shift for other reasons anyways) I then stomp out, throw both traps to and a quick flame wall to cut the enemy off (NOT underneath where I plan on walking, the self-damage is real and intense and not necessary), then stomp straight into their face with Flame Shield on. Turbo Core is mandatory to keep up.

If they blow all their dodges to get away from me, they still take a significant amount of damage from having to finish slowwalking through the flametraps. If they don't dodge at all, I fucking kill them for free with just the flameshield.
>>
>>159138082
Just keep trying, anon! For weapons use the shotty and arc grenades and keep on the wood panels as they provide a speed boost. Took me about twenty tries for me to get 30.5 seconds.
>>
>>159195102
4-5*
>>
File: lossofgroove.png (414KB, 494x490px) Image search: [Google]
lossofgroove.png
414KB, 494x490px
>>159194662
>Ronin tries to facefuck you with his weeb mall ninja sword
>Set him on fire like his ancestors all those years ago
>>
>>159143729
I got killed by Richter. I was standing right on his drop point and I just look up to see a fucking Titan landing on me. I laughed for a solid five minutes after that.
>>
>>159195061

There's no real order to it but the campaign is actually really good. I'd suggest running through it at some point.

On a campaign-related note, I was very pleased at where they set "Master" difficulty at. In a lot of FPS campaigns, the "Very Hard" equivalent is usually just code for one-shot bullshit where every bad guy is apparently wearing seventeen layers of kevlar.

Titanfall's Master difficulty sets you at about multi-player levels of durability. You still die in one hit to things like sniper rifles, shotgun blasts, explosions, melee attacks, or being sneezed at by a Titan--and in two hits from anything else--but you're not aim-bot one-shot by grunts the second you step out of cover.

It's one of the very few times where I've felt that playing on the hardest difficulty actually enhanced my enjoyment of the game, rather than forcing me to spend the whole time firmly planted behind cover taking pot-shots at nobodies and arbitrarily padding the playtime.
>>
File: 300% Mad.jpg (69KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
300% Mad.jpg
69KB, 500x738px
>>159143292
>never happened to me before
>first game I played of the day after reading this, a reaper demolished me from orbit on bounty hunt

Fuck reapers
>>
>>159195361
>Pilot tries to grapple
>Kill them with the flame shield
It's like a flaming bug zapper.
>>
>>159195893
id be fine with reapers if they lowered their health a bit and made it so they dont collide with titans

nothing fucking worse than being blocked by a friendly reaper you can't kill
>>
File: JustRight.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JustRight.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
Reminder that under 2k is shit.

Is there a way to see how long you've played on ps4?
>>
File: 1456979895963.png (71KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1456979895963.png
71KB, 557x605px
>>159196105
Were's my Titanfall Pacha?
>>
File: 1463093113317.jpg (34KB, 297x274px) Image search: [Google]
1463093113317.jpg
34KB, 297x274px
What do you think about these ideas for new Titans?

"Angel" support Titan
>>Primary Weapon - Arc Cannon: Gives shields to friendly Titans on a fully charged blast in addition to its capabilities as a means of attack. A Titan cannot be healed twice in a row for thirty seconds.
>>Core - Regeneration Core: Provides a healing aura to nearby Titans and Pilots which lasts for ten seconds.
>>Offensive - Energy Siphon: Launch a device that will slowly drain the health of the enemy Titan and heal the Angel. It must directly hit an enemy Titan to siphon energy, otherwise it will simply detonate on impact with the environment with the same effect as an Amped Arc Grenade.
>>Defensive - EMP Flare: Launch a bright, shrieking projectile which scrambles the optics systems of any enemy it flies past.
>>Utility - Scan: Wallhack to see all of your allies and how much HP they have

"Prowler" stealth Titan
>>Primary Weapon - Tri-Ballista: Relatively quiet ballistic launcher which fires three spears at once with moderate accuracy and a slower rate of fire, or one at a time while ADS for perfect accuracy and a faster rate of fire.
>>Core - Stealth Core: Cloaks the chassis, much better than a Pilot's cloak.
>>Offensive - Support Drone: Deploy a flying drone armed with a machine gun which does not have very much health but a surprising amount of DPS.
>>Defensive - Smokescreen: Launch a projectile that releases a thick, dark cloud of smoke. Enemies which would normally be in your line of sight are highlighted through the cloud.
>>Utility - Whisper: All noises become almost completely silent.

Prowler's weapon would have a loading mechanism like this: https://youtu.be/qsXbZ6DB0qk?t=321 (skip to 5:21)
>>
File: 41655648_p0_master1200.jpg (754KB, 800x1107px) Image search: [Google]
41655648_p0_master1200.jpg
754KB, 800x1107px
Titanfall 2 made me realize how much i miss Titanfall 1
>>
>>159196105
Nice
>>
>>159196293
I know that feel
>>
>>159194662
>fire loads a thermite at a northstar.
>he backs into a corner, and when he sees he can't back up any more he goes VTOL
>I drop both my gas cans under them and put up my shield

You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And each in your season
Returns and returns
And is always the same
And if you fall as Lucifer fell
You fall in flame!

And so it must be, for so it is written
On the doorway to paradise
That those who falter and those who fall
Must pay the price!
>>
>>159196293
I do honestly miss the multiplayer 'campaign' intros. Especially the orbital drop one. That one was fucking great
>>
File: Never Corner a Scorch.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Never Corner a Scorch.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>159195361
>People make the mistake of trying to gank a scorch
>>
>>159196495
That map is so much fun as Scorch
>>
>>159196293
I can deal with some things being gone, but I really miss my gal friday Atlas
>>
>>
>>159196293
why
>>
>>159196495
I want to try scorch but I really don't like his primary weapon
>>
>>159196835
It's the rest of Scorch you'll fall in love with though, plus Stalkers get raped by Thermite Launcher since they like to stand in close groups.
>>
>>159196835
I wish it just had a magazine size of two or three. Reloading after every shot is super annoying.
>>
>>159196443

Exactly

How could they take a step back from those?

Why did they ruin it?
>>
>>159196993
I think making the launcher a two-shot instead of a one would be a handy addition. Means you could ignite both canisters on a single mag and save flame wall
>>
Soooooo why did they forget to make a gun model for the Ronin's shotgun?
>>
>>159196634
Atlas was my main squeeze too.
Fortunately, I have my girl right by me on the desk.
>>
>>159197057
The campaign is worth the loss (almost) because man did I have fun in that, but those intros were special. Who knows, maybe some DLC maps will have more unique entrances
>>
>quad rocket is in campaign
>but not multiplayer
????????????
>>
>>159197081
Maybe, I'm used to ye olde Spinfusor so It's not too bothersome for me.
>>
>>159197113
Dude. I want one
>>
Okay guys

what if Titans

could unlock each other's weapons
>>
File: wmplayer_2016-11-03_00-13-04.png (10KB, 148x47px) Image search: [Google]
wmplayer_2016-11-03_00-13-04.png
10KB, 148x47px
Saw the leader of Advocate Network the other day
>>
>>159193923
what a sad state of mind to be in
>>
>>159197323
>Scorch with Legion's minigun

GG no re
>>
I really wanted to like the cold war, but it's shit.
>>
>gauntlet while waiting for my game to download completely
>fastest is only 56 seconds
My first run was like 1 minute and something and it put me at regular difficulty to start. Should I just play regular? Wall running feels weird to me right now and I'm terrible at aiming while running and I can't go fast
>>
>>159197476
Okay but the minigun would be stuck in close-range mode so it wouldn't be that ridiculous
>>
small changes that you would like to see

>more lines for the start of the game
>first person embarks and disembarks
>voiced ejection lines
>>
>>159197547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhwG2lETNA
>>
Bit of a test, never tried making webms before.
>>
File: 1459886931114.png (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1459886931114.png
78KB, 240x240px
>>159197752
>>
>>159197737
LITERALLY just give me first person all the time (titan entrances, executions for titans and pilots) and I will be pretty damn happy. Fuck I know you can do first person titan entrances Respawn, THEY'RE IN THE CAMPAIGN
>>
>>159197752
>>
>>159190287
>want Sniperchan as a waifu
>she looks so happy with Blisk
Would you get cucked by Blisk in order to make them both happy?
>>
>>159197752
How do I go that fast
>>
File: 61zW9WMFy6L._SL1000_[1].jpg (117KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61zW9WMFy6L._SL1000_[1].jpg
117KB, 1000x1000px
>>159197301
those are real expensive.
you might want to try the PAK instead.
>>
>>159197737
First person executions.
>>
File: 1460421618171.png (51KB, 213x233px) Image search: [Google]
1460421618171.png
51KB, 213x233px
>>159197752
>you will never be this fast
>>
>>159197737
Pistols with SMG-tier hipfire accuracy. I have no idea why you're forced to ADS with them, it's retarded.
>>
File: tf22ts.webm (3MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tf22ts.webm
3MB, 1280x960px
I'm really diggin the volt
>>
>>159196293
>>159196830
This.
The only thing I really miss is the voices...not much else that's missing aside from some Titan vulnerability but that's offset by how much more quickly we get titans this time around
>>
>>159197752
Why are people impressed by this again? No shit if you autistically dedicate yourself to something repetitive like this you're going to eventually do decent.
>>
>>159196282
I think the concept behind all the titans is that they all fulfill the role of walking destruction tank but in different ways.
A more interesting idea would be a Grenadier Titan and a Minion Titan
>>
The servers are fucking 20hz. That's worse than call of fucking duty. How do you fuck up so bad. No wonder the hit detection felt so god damn shitty.
>>
>>159198185

1) download Webm for Retards

2) set file size to 2.99 mb

3) resize to 960x540 or lower for a webm that long

no more potato quality webms. enjoy
>>
>>159198297
>why are people impressed by someone being good at something
>>
>>159197323
thats titanfall 1 basically
>>
>>159198297
So you're not impressed by anyone who has put a lot of time and effort into anything?
>>
>>159198379
thanks i was using webm for bakas but i wasnt sure of the resolution
>>
>>159198302
>Minion Titan

Okay, I'm a little interested in figuring out how this would work. Maybe it can spawn those crazy bomb spiders from campaign as an ability?
>>
>>159196835
His primary is entirely designed for setting off distant gas traps and doing a bit of Damage Over Time.
If you want to get some heavier damage done, get up close with the Flame shield. Make sure to close off an escape path with a gas canister and flame punch
>>
File: 13692095829543.png (35KB, 1015x192px) Image search: [Google]
13692095829543.png
35KB, 1015x192px
>>159198297
I bet you're a girl.
>>
>>159198419
exactly

all of their other ordinances or whatever would be tied to the chassis
>>
>>159198461

don't use double-pass either, it's lower quality for no benefit

make two webms, one with and one without, and see for yourself
>>
>>159198451
Into something meaningful and deserving attention, maybe. At least something applicable to actual gameplay.
>>
I finally beat the campaign. First half was fun, but it didn't really hook me. Second half was fucking awesome, though.

I saw BT dying a mile away, and I still felt sad about it, though.
>>
>>159198654
going fast is certainly applicable to titanfall gameplay
>>
>>159198654
>going as fast as you can isn't meaningful to actual gameplay

you're literally retarded
>>
>>159198758
>>159198841
Going fast, yes. Going fast on a singular cultivated route with literal speed pads and not having to actually hit any targets shooting back at you... not so much.
Have you even played the game you're in a thread for yet? You should try it before praising youtubers for nothing, it's a pretty good game.
>>
File: Surfing.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Surfing.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>Not Surfing when you win

What's your excuse?
>>
File: 1199010_1364787544744_full.jpg (44KB, 614x333px) Image search: [Google]
1199010_1364787544744_full.jpg
44KB, 614x333px
>>159192098
I love this idea.
I was actually considering a system for, the longer you keep your Titan alive and you give it more shields and get out of fights in one piece, your Titan warms up to you. It expresses more concern in its voice.
Man, interactive voices like the one you mention or this more relationship-building one would be sick, I'd pay good money for a set of three of those.
Imagine after keeping one titan alive the whole match, she goes into emergency mode and you hear
>"Pilot, you have to escape, eject"
And she gets more insistent the longer you stay in
>"Pilot, please, if you don't eject now, you'll die along with me"

>>159192309
He only said a handful of lines...could work though
>BEHIND!
>TURN!
>TOO...MANY

>>159192362
Viper?

>>159191545
We...we could mod this.
Hire Tyrone for $1000...have him read all thelines...We could do this /tfg/

>>159192538
>Oh look, you didn't miss this time. Did you finally grasp the concept of moving targets?

>>159193089
Hal 9000:
>Do not ask me to stop killing...I will not.
>>
Hey guys I want to do more Titan concepts again what kind of Titans you guys want and I'll make a profile for it like did the first Angel Prototype.
>>
>>159198892
why are you arguing so hard against a random youtuber on an anonymous board? almost sounds like you are jealous
>>
>>159198892
i dont think you've played the game either
>>
File: THESE THINGS AREN'T MECHS.jpg (335KB, 985x963px) Image search: [Google]
THESE THINGS AREN'T MECHS.jpg
335KB, 985x963px
/m/ here

Are the developers still autistic about the word Mech or have they gotten over themselves yet?

I didn't play Titanfall 1 specifically because they seemed to be trying to push the /m/-audience away
>>
>>159199082
>lol no u
Right, I don't know what I expected.
>>
>>159199125
your response was literally the same thing, you fucking dingus
>>
File: wefvcwFCVwaGFV.jpg (15KB, 171x182px) Image search: [Google]
wefvcwFCVwaGFV.jpg
15KB, 171x182px
>>159199084
Its a big stompy robot. Who cares what the devs call them.
>>
>>159198976
>interactive voices
Fuck me that would be pretty great. We already have all the wonderful eject messages, voices that change the longer you are in a titan would be the tits
>>
>>159199179
It wasn't, actually, but I'm glad your literacy and reading comprehension are as good as your attention span.
>>
>>159199084
fuck off /m/ go play with your ultra super flying mech that can move at 60000km/h, has the Mega lazer of the infinite skies, has a one thousand folds ultra sword of destiny and has pointy spikes for no reason.
>>
>>159198976
Viper from the campaign
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvyzQMl93w
>>
>>159199245
It was, actually :)
>>
>>159199084
pro-tip
they were annoyed with "Mech" because the average westerner recognizes "Mech" as tank with legs, they dont want to have that association with the Titans
>>
>>159179459
Cortana
>>
>>159199084
It's the same as how every new zombie movie/book/whatever doesn't use the word 'zombie', and instead calls them 'walkers' or 'eaters' or 'shamblers' or 'hungries', etc.

It's a way to use a tried and true concept and also pretend you're innovating, not standing on the shoulders of greater people. It's having your cake and eating it too.
>>
>>159199472
That's not what It is

Mech's and Titans are different.
>>
File: hot new tech.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hot new tech.webm
3MB, 640x360px
hot new scorch gun tech
shit is slow but works on this map for hitting camping shitters
ignore the lag
>>
>>159199601
No they aren't, anyone looking at a titan instantly filters the word out and replaces it with 'mech', because that is clearly what it is.
>>
>>159198467
Well I imagine you could probably create a sort of Phantom Titan that would take bullets in your place, like Holo Pilot but with its own weak-ass healthbar. That would be its Tactical ability

Ordnance would be probably a private, built-in anti-titan specter corps that stay on the attacked Titan for a bit before wearing off: can be shot for a quicker reduction but that also exposes the pilot. It would also tag the enemy to be targeted by all the Specters and Grunts in the area.

Defensive ability might be a sort of signal to bring in all the specters in your area (I imagine you'd get a special radar to help you locate them) and tell them to latch onto you for extra armor and shielding.

Minion Core would probably be calling in 4-5 pods of specters around you that mesh well with your other abilities

I'm guessing a grenade-rifle that lobs those explosive spiders onto you: they land and have a delayed explosion where they can be shot off for no damage or they follow for a bit before exploding on their own.
>>
>>159199646
No it's not
>>
>>159199250

Fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IpcH_HqzY
>>
>>159199315
Haven't played through the story yet, I hear its got amazing gameplay.
Sounds like a cool faction.
>>
File: 137725875344.jpg (43KB, 250x346px) Image search: [Google]
137725875344.jpg
43KB, 250x346px
>>159199698
>NO, I'M RIGHT!!!!!
>>
>>159199250
titanfall has some amazingly boring mech vs mech gameplay, especially titanfall 2

it's been MOBA-ized in a way
>>
>>159199380
That would be an interesting little Xbox/Windows Exclusive
>>
>>159199739
fuck I'm glad from are giving souls a rest and making another AC game
>>
>>159199858
I'll say that Titanfall doesn't have the depth of Mech Warrior by a longshot but it does capture a definite sensation of Mechs by including the infantry/pilot gameplay: It gives a contrast to the scale and it does more than just act as a sci-fi wrapper: it captures two modes of FPS gameplay and combines them.

It takes fast, movement-based twitch-reliant shooting from Doom and Unreal and combines it, on the same plane of gameplay, with Mechs that operate on slower, load-out oriented structures that we see in Mobas but also those RPG/FPS things like Bioshock and Dishonored.
>>
>>159199739
I remember playing Nine Breaker as a overweight laser tank with just enough boost to adjust aim.
>>
File: i got you pal.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
i got you pal.webm
3MB, 720x404px
this happens way too much
>>
File: 142762813.jpg (75KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
142762813.jpg
75KB, 960x540px
>>159199858
>MOBA-ized
>Especially Titanfall 2
>The Giant Dudes die nearly as fast as the Small dudes
>MOBA
>>
>>159199858
>class based
>instantly classify it as a moba

moba is a term so wide that it defines 90% of multiplayer games, and people like you just use it to define "games i don't like"
>>
how do you deal with a team full of legion in LTS? we just got creamed. we were 3 tone, 2 ion and a scorch i think.
>>
File: 1453068815769.png (999KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453068815769.png
999KB, 1400x1000px
>>159199859
PS4 gets the Plain Doll

>Welcome back, Good Pilot
>>
>>159200137
Their fault for not wall running.
>>
>>159200175
are you joking? i can lightly rake my crosshair across infantry while holding mouse1 and they'll die from a couple accidental bodyshots, in the span of 0.01 seconds

titans require like 2min+ of sustained fighting to kill if you're on foot
>>
>>159199646
No, actually, I call it a Titan, because that's what it is.
>>
>>159200252
that hop off after you rodeo a titan is finicky for me alot of the time, cant always control it
>>
>>159198984
something with an arc-cannon like gun from tf1 maybe. or electric/ice themed
>>
>>159200236
Bloodborne skeeves me out, not because of the grotesque shit but that Victorian England, anything English really just gets under my skin.

they're not a healthy-minded or healthy-bodied people.
I've never met a nationality of people who so universally hate sunlight and fresh-air
>>
>>159200220
Nuclear eject Ronins or a full team of Tones who cycle behind shields and cover
>>
>>159200356
Yeah but part of it is having an escape route planned. If you had a pilot spot you and take potshots at you while you were rodeoing, you're already at a disadvantage.

There's a reason they made it more visible in TF2: In TF1, shit was almost uncontested if you got on their titan and they forgot their electric smoke at home.
Now, you've got some risk involved but also greater reward: damage + healing your friend/Titan
>>
>>159200220
Depends on the map, on the maps with narrow corridors the Scorch can melt the entire group if he gets close.
>>
>>159179459
I'd definitely buy a butler voicepack for any titan. High-class British accent, good mannners, etc.
>>
>>159200369
Ice Themed would be interesting.
Something that ices terrain and roads that make mobility for Titans even more of an issue: You literally can make parts of the map into ice-levels
>>
What difficulty did you guys play the campaign on?
>>
>>159200624
Done Regular and Hard, currently working through Master.
>>
>>159200561
jeeves from the first titanfall or jarvis seem like a good choice
>>
>>159200561
I'd like an Atlantian 1920s-1940s voice
>Good to see ya again, Sky Captain!
>Give those militants the ole one-two
>Bring out that orient knife, show them your worldliness!
>>
>>159200696
I went from Normal to Master (or whatever the hardest is called).
The difficulties actually give meaningful changes in gameplay, not just more health/damage
>>
I'd adore a level set in the jungle area in the first game, or a level set on two massive aircraft carriers adjacent to each other.
>>
Burn the terrorist scum out of their holes.
>>
>>159200923
Maybe with two points on each ship that needs to be destroyed to bring their carrier down?

I was thinking of a Single Player level where you have to fight off ships and North-stars mid-titan-fall with BT to protect other pilots/titans
>>
>>159200841
>The difficulties actually give meaningful changes in gameplay

such as?
>>
>>159200923
Having multiplayer versions of some of the singleplayers levels would be dope.
>>
>>159201191
>multiplayer version of time level
>at set points in the match the map flips between the time periods, changing up the layout
>>
Alright im almost to 300 credits and like like 7 or so on my first regen
Do i buy the pistol execution or low profile?
Already have the knife one so i dont really need it but it would be cool. I am gonna be a min-max fag and say that i think it takes longer though, and because you can get killed during it makes me want to stick with he knife one and even more so if the pistol shots are noticeable to people near by
>>
>>159201404

>Multiplayer versions of the test domes
>At set points in the matches, the floors drop out, dropping you into a different dome
>>
File: 1460131358306.jpg (23KB, 552x528px) Image search: [Google]
1460131358306.jpg
23KB, 552x528px
>>159201404
>entire map just turns sideways for two minutes halfway through the game
>mfw
fucking do it respawn
>>
>>159201490
Style over practicality I say
>>
>silent Titan rodeo climbing

as in the titan pilot won't be alerted if you're grappling them?
>>
File: 1477971635326.gif (487KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1477971635326.gif
487KB, 500x370px
>>159141425
Play the Mixtape mode they have nerd
>>
new bread
>>159202370
>>159202370
>>159202370
>>
How to make grenadier weapons somewhat viable:
1. Reduce cold wars reload time, give it a EPG crosshair
2. Remove the delay before you are able to melee after firing.
3. Make softballs grenades detonate on direct hit.
4. Increase EPGs projectile speed by about 15%
5. Increase quick regen delay to 3 seconds.
>>
>>159198519
You mean Ticks? They're functionally the exact same as the Boost.
>>
>>159197752
Ain't there a record for 20.6s
Thread posts: 765
Thread images: 152

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.