[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ - Roguelike General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 782
Thread images: 72

File: Untitled.png (73KB, 1526x433px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
73KB, 1526x433px
Come on and double random of first altar edition

>DCSS Trunk Updates
http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-17-october-2016

Tournament soon!

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

Previous thread:
>>158532868
>>
How can first posting be real if haste is not real?
>>
>>158629543
Haste is real. Haste during every encounter is not.
>>
>>158629672
http://pastebin.com/eYbqwcRT
>>
>>158629925
rip besthusbando pakellas
>>
How would one design vaults for Demon?

Imagine something like enemies isolated by pits or cages and they smite your dudes or something.
>>
Help me guys. I suffer from an Ancient Foul Arrelgean Curse. How do I win demon with a cunning demon and what kind?
>>
>>158630972
Runed door with all the floor portals force spawned in the back?
>>
>>158631409
Maybe that could work for special branches, or something. I think some weird challenges could add some fun to the game.
>>
>>158630972
The way combat is balanced, vaults might end up being some kind of clusterfuck on the order of a DCSS rune vault
Isolated smiting enemies could be trivialized by just waiting for their SP to run out, then rushing past them, or just avoiding them all together. There'd have to be some kind of good reward too, maybe an essence, a card, or an offering. No equipment loot so that's out.

>>158631317
Get a ranged physical attack and stack on-hit debuff passives. Pick vodun mask pierce/pierce for needles and poison passive. Later on get infection, blood rot, flesh rot, crusader, bloodlust, whatever else as you find it. Use revelation several times on Artemis if you can catch her, she'll turn into a mega needle debuffer whose abilities you can copy over.

If you want pure debuff then just spam your debuff attacks like ACC/EV/OFF/DEF down and let your other demons do the work.
>>
>You feel confused.
>>
>>158631691
Demon's favor of party play does give it some limitations in regards to what may be typical in other roguelikes. I guess there can be little "bonus rooms" of varying challenges. I dunno. Maybe there could be a Sprint mode.
>>
>>158631317
Stack on-hit passives, trying to get different types to cover all resistances. Like paralysis for body, charm for mind, mute for light, pariah for dark etc.

Make sure you capture the shouting ogre unique so that you can do meme shoudigns :--DD and affect entire enemy team with statuses without having a chance to miss.
>>
>>158631691
I've never gotten Artemis successfully.

>>158632129
>>158631691
Can a demon even get good enough cunning to needler meme?
>>
>>158632163
No, needles are needless.
You need both agility and cunning for needles to work.
Scream memes at them instead. Meme and bump. Meme and bump their huge guts.
>>
>>158632163
>Can a demon even get good enough cunning to needler meme?
Yes. Artemis herself has been used for such a purpose and her cunning isn't even that impressive. There are likely several other demons with such potential that hasn't quite been recognized yet.
>>
>>158632163
Sure, especially if you slap a cursed modifier on them

>>158632246
Oni are nice on-hit debuffers because they have +20% chance to stun paired with double impact. They're pretty beefy too
>>
>>158632553
But the game's like, over by the time you get to oni
>>
>>158632657
>not doing the jap vault on Tower:5 for a free oni
>>
>>158632753
I'm back in 8.3.2016
>>
So I like Demon, but only 8 ability slots and 6 demons feels so damn confining.

I would love to see something of a similar theme (many enemies are able to be made into allies, many enemy abilities are able to be transplanted to you and your allies) but with more slots, damage types and tinkering allowed.
>>
>>158632995
pcb ring
>>
>>158632975
I'm just memeing on you

>>158632995
PCB ring, Elona+ partymaster, Gearhead: Arena
>>
Just ran into Midochan. He's the meme ogre right? What is so great about him? He has high strength and... not much else. In particular, not much Cunning, how do people expect him to inflict statuseseses?
>>
>>158633173
high str makes him durable and hit hard. Mighty roar gives him an AoE. I presume it's more of he kills the shit out of stuff and hey if a 20% for venomous, or infection land there's then another 20% for flesh and blood rot to debuff. Later you give him double impact for double the flavor of love.
>>
File: best sord.png (3KB, 547x44px) Image search: [Google]
best sord.png
3KB, 547x44px
>tfw i'm an archer so i wont be able to take advantage of it
>>
>>158629272
DEMON FERRET MAN

HALO IS NOT SELF AREA. IT'S A POINT-BLANK AoE
AGONY IS A SELF AREA

RETURN THE SHECKLES TO MY RELIC FOUL DEMON FERRET MAN
>>
>>158633173
He isn't amazing himself, but meme scream is a great thing to put on a high-cunning, high-strength status applier.
It never misses, stuns often, uses a type that isn't resisted often and hits relatively hard.
You can literally hit a whole encounter for 50% damage and also apply up to 3 statuses per critter. That is, if you have a ton of strength to pull it off.
>>
>>158632995

Elona+
>>
>>158629543

Good riddance for scummy bloat. Next update should be making ?recharge rarer to have less scumming
>>
I'm a needler.

I have level 12 Artemis, level 12 Cththonian Vikhor, level 11 Headless, level 12 Midochan, a level 12 Profane Chaos I recruited (has healing, light, and dark abilities, plus its body based drain life spell), and a Holy and a Fiery Kitsune, both level 16.

I'm gonna have to let somebody go and I'm not sure who.

I know that the higher level you get a creature, the higher level it can go (about 10ish before it starts dragging down).

I hate this part. What do? I'm thinking maybe fusioning Artemis onto Midochan; because I'm a needler, I'm thinking I need to keep her modifier around as long as possible, so I get more rolls of stuff that could enhance my attacks.

Although Vikhor is still plenty good, giving his snek template to Midochan may also work.

Thoughts?
>>
>>158634056
Also, Jesus Fucking Christ so many physical uniques.

Headless is the one I want to get rid of the most because of how clunky he is, but his modifier is extremely fucking cool. I'd like to give him a body with a head.
>>
>>158634056
>because I'm a needler, I'm thinking I need to keep her modifier around as long as possible
Nah

There will be plenty of better on-hit passives along the way.

Mido kun has less bad resistances than artememis and can tank pretty OK.

That headless looks pretty old. Give the old man a rest.
>>
>>158629272
Never tried a robin game until today. Logged in on the CAO server and rolled double random. Rather unsuprisingly, it's a Kobold Chiller, and first altar was Makhleb. Hit D:3 and encountered Purgy right next to me on the upstairs. Between Freeze, and berserk rage potion + dagger of freezing, I have myself a lovely set of troll leather armor. Thinking of going spellblade rogue route now. The build practically begs for it. Have a dagger of freezing in reserve, too, because why not?
>>
Cut each Hell from seven floors to four

The four Hells each have six floors empty of loot, with unique layoutsmeant to establish the branch themes and denizens while regularly raining down unique direct effects onto the player to emphasize the somewhat unique dynamic of encouraged diving. While any sort of monster can slow down players to support any numbers of effects, both lists are weighted towards and filled with very ignorable results for people venturing into an extended branch, and the repeated redundant lengths of each branch betrays a reliance on randomization and patience more than sustainably mean results (outside of the end floor monster distributions, of course). This is unideal for postgame challenges, and exacerbates the redundant length of extended.

As a result, this cuts the floors of each Hell from seven floors to four, which should still promote some diving but not all. Oncoming commits will use this somewhat shorter Hell context to rescale and revise both monster sets and hell effects, for branch identity strengthening and to bring a sense of consistent brutality to the arrangements.
>>
>>158634851

To accomodate and concentrate spawns across the new four floors, standardize a lot of obscure and arbitrary inconsistencies between the sets, and introduce both some actual floor scaling and an OOD table.

Highlights:
* No more necrophages, phantoms, or mummies in any of the sets. Still lots of other chaff, but these three didn't even have much thematic placement or bands to them.

* All hells now have soul eaters, slim chances for liches and even slimmer chances for at least one classed vampire. There's also a very slim chance in all sets (rather than just two of them) to place the 1 of the other paired hell between Dis/Geh and Tar/Coc.

* Zombies, skeletons, 5s, and 4s are less overwhelmingly common in all
hells. Reapers, select elemental representatives, soul eaters, and
stronger undead are a fair bit more common, especially hell knights
in Gehenna and blizzard demons in Cocytus.

* Tartarus now has a fair deal of hellwings (to correspond with the other demons in the other hells), a few revenants and jiangshi, a larger load of soul eaters, and a good deal more hellions / tormentors / shadow demons than before.

* A general shuffling of undead and lower-tier demons to make some spawn more or less per-Hell, which should help marginally distinguish the sets further beyond their most common demons / elemental representatives.

The Vestibule also has some adjustments- more cross-Hells representation, a handful of actual undead, and less 2s mostly unique to Pan. It's a slight loss of the chance to see lorocyprocas / cacodemons / green deaths in a three-rune game (...doing Vestibule for experience), but seperating the two demon hordesis just as important. Altogether, this should strengthen the identity of the Hells in their floor sets- undead + demons + elements doesn't have to solely mean a unique enemy per-branch, tons of derived undead and weakling demons, plus a branch end full of 1s.
>>
>>158633491
what is the difference between self area and pbaoe
>>
>>158635070
Agony hits everything on the screen, PBAoE is just the adjacent 8 squares.

Self area should be renamed in view
>>
>>158634732
Still on D:3, but now level 6, thanks to further encounters with both Jessica and Sigmund. Sigmund was wearing a robe of cold resistance and a scythe of freezing. My response was to quaff brilliance and lignification, and alternatively freeze him anyway and smack the shit out of him. Seems a good place to hand off the game if anyone wants to take the reigns. Otherwise, I'll try reporting again when something interesting happens.
>>
>>158635148
both of them affect an aoe around yourself, just with different-radius AOEs

the spell description shows range/aoe in the most recent version
>>
>>158635149
Ahem. 'Reins', not 'reigns'. My bad. At any rate, found an amulet of magic regen, so that's neat. Between it and the troll leather, I have high hopes for this character. And you'd all best believe I have a block of wood ready. I don't usually play stabby types, though I know the song and dance.
>>
>>158635302
Ah, I'm in older so I blew 670 credits when I couldn't afford it getting muh light
>>
Why do you guys hate ToME and ADoM? Is it because you have to pay to play them and you guys are poor
>>
>>158635493

Both are roguelites
>>
>>158635535
adom isnt a roguelite wtf is wrong with you
>>
>>158635493
I actually really enjoy ToME now and then. I never play anything besides roguelike mode, though. I did actually donate once upon a time just to get access to exploration mode, but that got really boring -really- fast. DCSS and Cataclysm DDA are more my speed, though. The latter more so than the former.
>>
Is crawl the best action roguelike?
>>
>>158635493
you dont have to pay to play either though

i mean maidensnow eve doesn't even HAVE a free version and anons still play that one for free
>>
>>158634851
>>158634995

We will always dive hell no matter how short it is or no matter how you spice up monster variety or try to make it harder to progress.

There is no issue with Hell depth, nor its mob compositions. If you really think that adding more tier 2s 3s as a result of reshuffling in Hell would help improve Extended or influence how players approach it, that's just naive. Do not add more bloat.
>>
>>158634851
>>158634995
What is going on, those sound like good changes
Are they fake?
>>
>>158635768
dark souls
>>
>>158635835
Cant dive when you get surrounded by fiends all the time instead of a horde of skeletons
>>
>>158635924

It is extended, an extended char is expected to have everything or almost everything to deal with anything. This will only influence (??) speedrunners at best but even then, it still wouldn't matter.
>>
>>158635435
D:5 and level 8. Picked up a +4 ring of dexterity and played mutation roulette with a sky beast corpse. Picked up blurry vision 1, deterioration 1, and Int +2. I'm willing to live with the negatives for now. Have to live with them, because I quaff ID'd a potion of cure mutation early on. But the game goes on.
>>
>>158635493
>Why do you guys hate

We don't, RETARD. Making fun of the derpier elements isn't hatred (remember to kill an assassin for your first kill and never kill cats etc).

Do you think people making fun of Actaeon hate Demon?

>have to pay to play them

what

The closest I come to hatred is the DCSS devteam because its a game I used to love and now most the news is about how they just cut out something else that brought me joy in the past.
>>
>wielding a crossbow with +1.5 shots but -6 con for most of the game because it's better damage than anything else
>finally get a crossbow with +1.0 shots and no con penalty, plus some gloves of the giant with +3 con
>go from 450 to 700 max hp
hory shet
>>
>>158635535
They're both roguelikes, just terrible ones.
>>
File: nani.png (13KB, 541x186px) Image search: [Google]
nani.png
13KB, 541x186px
What's the max damage for dispel undead? I didn't know that it's actually capable of this much damage
>>
>>158637072
3d32
>>
>>158636286
D:6. Managed to pick up a pair of cure mutation potions. To my relief, both deterioration and blurry vision were cured, and the improved intelligence was left alone. Had a point of strength rotted because I was dumb and forgot to swap back to my troll leather from the robe of cold resist before heading downstairs. There's a travel-excluded minivault that drops clouds of cold on D:5. Ultimately decided to leave it alone because the loot at the end seems like crap. Arrows and such. At any rate, that one point was quickly restored and that was that. Ecumenical Temple is on this level, and it's corrupted. Pondering switching to Lugonu. Yea or nay?

(Also, should I be greentexting? I haven't been a lurker all that long, so I don't know.)
>>
I wish there was some better stuff to stick on my feet in DDA in the close or cover slots. This thermal electric suit aint cutting it for this ice lab. Guess I have to throw out my armor for winter boots now.
>>
>>158637430
Wool two pairs of electric thermals and a pair of winter boots with the climate control cbm. I've never heard of foot armor mttering outside of EP for rubble damage and acid protection.
>>
>>158637430
Check the dorm rooms for wool socks. There's usually at least one pair, and fitted or not, they do make a difference. Of course, if you also manage to find an Internal Climate Control CBM, that would be ideal, but even that can need help in an ice lab. In the meantime, winter boots are probably the way to go, yeah. What were you wearing beforehand?
>>
>>158637637
On my feet? Chitin.
>>
>>158634851
>which should still promote some diving but not all
Based on what?
It does nothing to make diving worse or disencourage it, there's fuck all to do in hell until the last floor and nobody is going to go through 12 levels of nothing more than once.
>>
>>158637430
You don't need good foot armor since foot hits are very rare.
>>
>>158637914
Then, yeah. Winter boots, for all the reasons the other anon mentioned. Simple enough to stay out of acid, and the few initial points of damage are trivial to heal.
>>
>>158637253

It's actually capable of 2 shotting me wtf
>>
>>158638032
I mostly just wanted to keep encumbrance low when I could, really. Not a lot of choice in this situation though.
>>
>>158638114
Fair enough. But again, it's pretty trivial. The only encumbrance you really need to worry about is torso and, possibly, mouth.
>>
>slide downstairs as octopode
>orc zaps acid at me for 60% of my health
>zaps again on the way back up for the rest
I guess my fault would have been going fireball online straight away and not getting earlier dodging but it's still irritating
>>
File: 65432.png (34KB, 1147x407px) Image search: [Google]
65432.png
34KB, 1147x407px
>>158638050
Yeah but it's incredibly unlikely to do so
>>
>>158637637
>>158637914
>>158638032
Use your tailor kit and wool your wool socks and spare set of your regular boots.You should get like 200 warmth from those then more with your wool'd thermal suit.
>>
>>158638553

your fault was not killing the orc wielding /acid
>>
>>158639463
I think my chances of killing it in one turn with fire tongue were lower than being zapped again
>>
>>158639601

Fire tongue costs 1 turn to cast. Taking the stairs costs 2.5 tums to go up. Which is the safer one? The orc is not blocked by anything right?
>>
>>158639782
it was an orc warrior 3 tiles away
>>
>>158639831

>orc warrior
>wielding /acid

some runs are not meant to be
>>
>>158639974
my thoughts exactly, it's just it was approaching an "unavoidable death" where the only mistake I'd made was a meta one
>>
File: pobrane.jpg (15KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
15KB, 293x172px
https://youtu.be/qK9ifmQPS_c

This is my first full-lenght video. Can you give me some advice? Do you think you can help me to improve my English? I found out making youtube content about your hobby is good way to learn foreign language. And my hobby is retrogaming and indiegames :) So there it is. I do believe I can find some good and willing people here. Am I right?

Also, do you think doom-philosophy can fit in turn-based gameplay?
>>
>>158640476
Pure kino m8
>>
>>158640476
reminds me of dicks
english is good enough
>>
Hell should have a wandering speed 10 Grim Reaper unique that you cannot kill permanently and could appear beside you as a hell effect. Would make it good if it follows you on every Hell floor you go.
>>
>>158642597
That would just add another reason to dive
>>
>>158642661

The moment hell effects were introduced, the pseudo requirement for a player to dive as fast as possible in Hell was already set in stone. That would never change unless they remove hell effects but if they do that, better change Hell's name to Pandemonium Training Center.
>>
>>158643020
Hell effects dont even matter in regards to diving or not
The floors are fucking empty, there is no point in ever exploring them with or without helleffects
>>
>>158642597
I miss the days when I ran into Boris all the time.
>>
How would you even fix hell? Make many artifact generating loot vaults? Make it harder? Make it shorter?
>>
>>158645059
Hell is hard to fix, but I think it's better than Pan. If I were going to do some serious work on Postend, I would probably remove Pandemonium and combine some elements with Hell. Then work on another postgame branch that isn't all about demons and undead.
>>
So dwarf priest is the easiest class to win with in Angband right?
>>
>public works has like ten jackhammers
>want to dig
>illiterate
Is it possible to grind construction up to mining levels without using books?
>>
>>158645228
Final hell floors are much better than pan rune vaults at least. Pan just feels like abyss+
>>
>>158645309
Make tons of charcoal.

If you have z-levels on, you can blow up a hole in the ground.
>>
>>158644387

>Hell effects dont even matter in regards to diving or not
>what is freexp

Just because all hell 1-6 floors have no vaults doesn't mean there's no point in staying there. It just happened to not be a place for grinding freexp because of hell effects in the same way that it is not a place too stay too long because of it also.
>>
>>158645059

>Make it shorter?

How is cutting content a method for improving a feature?
>>
>>158645309
I think so. At higher levels lower level crafts still give xp. You'll be making a lot of metal walls and shit though.
>>
>>158646095
Ok hells are 50 levels now each
>>
>>158646095
Removing non-unique levels from a branch is not cutting content. Removing a branch entirely would be.
>>
>>158646727
Is there a way in Elona to not be tired after every 3 fucking cooking actions
Seriously goddamn
>>
>>158646727

Hells should always be deep to be consistent with its definition. A 2 floors deep "Hell" is called a basement by the way.
>>
File: isaac.png (6KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
isaac.png
6KB, 128x128px
Poorfag here; are there any reasonable alternatives to The Binding of Isaac?
>>
>>158647321
>>>/boig/
Also Hells should obviously be 6 floors deep.
>>
>>158647351
You mean 9
>>
>>158647406
6 6 6 6 is the number of the beast, anon.
>>
>>158646947
Raise will con and probably strength. Reserve the regeneration spellbook and buy it out every time you go past.. Learn to love the rest key.

>>158647350
Yeah, Rogue
https://archive.org/details/msdos_Rogue_1983
>>
>>158646947

Then raise your stamina
>>
>>158647661
Well
it's at 36 right now, I guess I should
>>
>>158647350
You can just pirate it
>>
>>158647350
owh
>>
>>158648106
Where can you download the latest version for free
>>
>>158647321
How about a random number of levels, with no hard upper limit?
Maximum annoyance.
>>
>>158647321
Basement is a heaven, or at least a haven.
Hell is other people.
>>
What if you started on the lowest hell level and had to climb back out
>>
How do we balance formicids now that haste is gone
>>
Wait a second

Haste is gone?
>>
>>158649356
rip in peace ;_;
>>
File: 1358229059030.png (40KB, 616x118px) Image search: [Google]
1358229059030.png
40KB, 616x118px
>>158647723
Get drain blood and give your whyfoo the Succ to regain stamina then use healing shit to make sure you don't kill her, training the spell/skill in the process
:3

>>158649356
The L6 charm haste is gone.
>>
>>158637307
Okay, update time. Fell asleep, but not before hitting D:9, level 11. Found a really nice randart hat on D:6 that I forgot to mention. {rPois rF+rCorr SInv} It's saved me on several occasions now. Also picked up a +3 ring of intelligence and an amulet of faith. Have another un-ID'd amulet and ring, but ran out of scrolls of identity, so I'm holding off on wearing them for now. Picked up a set of steam dragon scales just because, but I'm still wearing the troll leather. I ran across a book of Flames, and I'm pondering whether I should memorize some of its spells now that the skill malus from opposing magic schools is gone. As far as uniques go, I met Pikel on D:8 and froze him to death. I killed a player ghost, then met Maurice and one-shotted him. That was pretty gratifying, though his loot was really subpar. Piety-wise, I'm now sitting at ***. The Orcish Mines are on this level, but I'm going to hit the Lair first.
>>
>>158635768
DoomRL
>>
>>158640476

>about your hobby is good way to learn foreign language
is a good way
Your English is fine so, unless you want a perfect accent for spying purposes, there's no need on learning. Even then, I find trying to improve things over necesity is cool so good luck with it. You'll improve.
>>
>>158645268
>So dwarf priest is the easiest class to win with in Angband right?
Allegedly although their offense is not great
>>
File: sttt.png (13KB, 648x362px) Image search: [Google]
sttt.png
13KB, 648x362px
this guy won't do business with me because I'm an Old One. What are some other examples of white privilege in roguelikes?
>>
I am kinda new to playing dcss, just won my first game (5 rune run) as a DeFe. I know I can't see the damage I deal/damage I take (or its type), but I would like to be able to see spell damage rolls (I get fireball does damage in an area, but I want to see the max dice rolls themselves). Is there any way to enable this?
>>
>>158655505
roguelikes are best when you don't know anything
>>
>>158653287
>D:10, level 11.
>Immediately met Urug upon taking the downstairs.
>Backstabbed him, but needed a few Freezes to finish the job.
>Hit **** piety.
>Met Erica and backstabbed her.
>D:11.
>Played mutation roulette with sky beast chunks again.
>Lost clever 1. Gained repulsion field 1, antennae 1, thin bones 1, camouflage 1, and blurry vision 1.
>Lair 1, level 12
>Encountered first hydra. Had eight heads.
>Failed to backstab. Nearly eaten.
>Quaffed haste, cast Ozucubo's Armour, and dropped ice beasts between me and it.
>Delivered coup de grace with Throw Icicle.
>>
>>158656173
>Lair 2, level 12.
>Shanked black mamba and hit ***** piety.
>Invocations still only at 5.
>Encountering basilisks semi-regularly now.
>Dealing with petrification by summoning ice beasts as soon as they stick the effect.
>Snake Pit is on this level. Will dive after clearing the rest of the floor.
>>
How do I wield the dragonslayer
>>
>>158657125
Still Lair 2, level 12. ID'd potion of XP! What do? Thinking of dumping all the points into Invocation. That would bring it up to 10.7 and go a long way toward letting me drop demons and Greater Destruction with impunity. I'm at the point now that I can easily cast all of the starting Ice spells, and I haven't found more advanced books yet.
>>
>>158632995
poschengband possessor
it's where the "pos" comes from
>>
>>158655475
hooray I got one shotted by a floating eye on the first turn that I saw it OWN FAULT
>>
>>158655475
kek

Well PosChengband reforging service denies Rings and Death Swords, plus literally every race has a rating for how much shops overcharge you basically based on how close you are to being black. Demigod of Aphrodite? Decently reduced costs across the board for the rich white girl with powerful parents. Half-ogre? Good luck paying for phase door.
>>
>>158657495
Screw it, going all in. My killdudes skills are nice and solid, as are my not dying skills. Will report back.
>>
PCB is younger than DCSS but has like 500 times the features
>>
>>158658567
DCSS is the benjamin button of roguelikes
>>
>>158658567
But what about balance
>>
>>158658749
>balance
>singleplayer game
PCB actually tries to balance species against each other unlike Crawl (see Minotaur vs Felid/Mummy)
>>
>>158658567
PCB is descended from Angband as DCSS is descended from DC.
>>
>>158658851
PCB would be almost better off it didn't
>pick some crazy combo
>amount of grinding increases by 9000%
>>
>>158659053
At this point linleys game had more features than stone soup
>>
>>158658565
Ah, hubris. Turns out that my skills weren't up to par after all. I expected a bunch of black mambas, mana vipers, etc. And a mana viper I got. I forgot about the nagas, though. Suffered an ignoble end on the points of their spears. That blurry vision came and bit me in the ass. Well, that's that character gone. I enjoyed playing a style well outside my norm, though. Usually I go Transmutation or Fire Mage.
>>
>>158659459
>I forgot about the nagas, though.
>forgot about nagas
>in the snake pit

:thinking:
>>
>>158659207
Sounds unlikely.
>>
>>158660461
>Traps&Doors
>Item Destruction
>Item Weight
>etc
>>
The problem with crawl development is the regressive nature of the core philosophy.
Each update has less and less content because of the "less is more" concept and the appeal to the speedrunners and 3-rune tavernposters (a vocal minority). The devs are too focused on controlling every single aspect of the game.
I'm surprised at the lack of a korean crawl desu. I heard that they are very angry about some removals and the overall lack of updates to the extended game.
>>
>>158660337
Well, what can I say? Clearly I wasn't thinking, but eh. Had fun anyway. Not like I was instantly struck dead, either. Between Greater Destruction, Throw Icicle, and Summon Ice Beast, I put up a decent fight. Even shanked a few. It just wasn't enough. I'll be going back to my CDDA game for a while, but if anyone else wants to roll a character on rlgrobin, the door's open.
>>
>>158660626
TRAPS
AND
DOORS
BEST
SHIT
EVER
Dont forget shadow traps and arrow/(bolt traps rip infinite ammo
>>
Man, when I first started going down the mutagen path it was very exciting but it quickly becomes tiresome if you want to purify away mutations you don't like, especially if they're positive. Guess I'm just going to have to learn to live with the furry plate. Was really hoping I could go full spider but with Phelloderm skin but oh well. 8/8 armor is shit for 10 encumbrance, especially since it apparently means I can't wear helmets at all. Glad I didn't take glass jaw on this character for once.
>>
>>158654906
Thank you so much. It's great boost :)
>>
>>158660626
Based solely on UI and ease of use features, Linley's would be left behind. The delta of actual amount of content in the game is around 0.
>>
>>158662795
>The delta of actual amount of content in the game is around 0.
I'm sure you've conducted extensive research to reach this objective conclusion and aren't just talking out of your asshole.
>>
>>158662985
And I'm sure you have done the same to reach your conclusion that this is not the case.
>>
im sure that both of you are autists arguing over a pointless alphabet game

not even a good one, either
>>
>>158645268
easiest easiest is probably like halftroll warrior; just embrace the otab

maybe dorf priest is stronger if you already know what you're doing
>>
>>158646947
you have a stamina meter that depletes, although i think it's not actually visible if you're not in E+
rest using R like 2-3 times after you become tired to get it close to full. it regenerates much faster when resting than when doing other shit
>>
>>158661750
I've been pretty curious about the spider path, myself. Been pondering pursuing it, but I keep going either medical or alpha, with cat appendages for kicks because lab start. As for the part about furred plate, what's your play style? Are you mobile or have you established a base? If you're mobile, well, many problems can be solved by a ton or so of rolling steel to the face.
>>
>>158655505
dcss hates the player and doesn't show them any numbers ever

to see how much damage a spell can do or how hard a monster can hit you have to check the wiki and/or learndb
>>
>>158663951
Well the pasta says to use half-troll warrior to learn the game when you start playing it, but then switch to dwarf priest.

It's been almost a year since I've played Angband, and I forgot a lot of things, so maybe I should have picked half-troll warrior, but I've already made a character, so I'll stick with it until I die.
>>
>>158659178
ive started just going human over demigod 99% of the time for my own sanity

except for really shitty starts like hex high-mage that need the zeus aura to carry them
>>
>>158661162
>the appeal to the speedrunners
But they do everything to stop speedrunning
see cTele removal, evocable ring of teleport etc
>>
>>158664168
I'm pretty deeply entrenched in an LMOE and take long trips out in my truck. Prefer fighting with my zweihander and heavy armor with several backup weapons if it gets too dangerous. Probably going to stick more to range for now, at least until I get multiple aux attacks online. I just really don't want to have to sort through my pile o' guns n' ammo.

Medical and Alpha do seem like much safer and easier choices, though Alpha's pretty damn expensive. Definitely going to try out post-threshold Alpha next time
>>
>>158664368
If you want another silly hex gimmick, try ares demigod. Hexes you've already got up stay up when you go berserk.

Level 1 needs some luck, though.
>>
>>158664656
Good deal. Do you make use of z slaves at all? That might be a solution to the no helmets issue. Enough meat between you and any nasty range threats can go a long way toward neutralizing those threats.
>>
>>158665023
What are zombie slaves? The tailoring kit asks me if I want to make one but I have no idea what situation needs to happen for that to be available.
>>
When should one stop using searing ray
>>
>>158666043
Think Walking Dead. You render them harmless after putting them down and then let them revive. Mostly, they're meat shields, but pretty sure they can tote stuff for you. Oh, and you take a morale hit if you're not a psychopath, because leading armless, jawless corpses around is not a 'normal person' thing, apparently.
>>
>>158666657
You take a morale hit upon making the slave, or you take a constant morale penalty for them being around?
>>
>>158666718
Making them.
>>
>>158664656
Medical, Alpha, and Elf-a are all decent choices and relatively safe (Elf-a somewhat less so.) Chimera isn't bad if you have big food stockpiles.

Everything else ranges from okay to terrible. Bird is probably one of the worst, in my opinion, because it likes to give you brittle bones that ruin your ability to carry gear. Being stinky or sleepy or what have you isn't the end of the world, no carry weight is hell.
>>
>>158666402
>stand in corridor so things can't move out it
>cast spell
>press . until win
>>
>>158667097
whoops i misread that as
>When should one use searing ray
>>
Do you use the dildon'ts mod?
>>
File: sling.png (9KB, 632x185px) Image search: [Google]
sling.png
9KB, 632x185px
>no extra shots
why is the artifact WORSE than the ego named after it

although it's actually a nice stat-stick for non-archers
>>
File: politics_politicsneverchanges.png (77KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
politics_politicsneverchanges.png
77KB, 1680x1050px
I'll be back to eurobeat intensify all over this herd soon.

But right now, I've got a trunk full of onaholes and playboys to get back to the refugee center.
>>
>>158667585
>tricked into looting a tenga but it's only a one-time use
>>
>>158667686
>>158667585
>garfield kart
>>
File: 1476555222844.gif (609KB, 1610x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1476555222844.gif
609KB, 1610x1244px
Tum
>>
File: 238619-fun.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
238619-fun.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
I've been away for some time from roguelikes, what do you guys play?
kinda sick of dcss, tome didn't provide much value - fun at the beginning, gets repetitive after a while
>>
>>158667418
I should.
>>
>>158669563
ADOM
>>
>>158669563
Infra Arcana
>>
Hey the only roguelike I've really tried is stone soup. I hated the whole god bullshit with it though. What roguelike is more just about stacking stats and vanilla whack shit combat?
>>
>>158669563
Demon
>>158669442
Tbh that looks more weird than arousing.
>>
>>158670382
Any *band
>>
>>158670382
> I hated the whole god bullshit with it though
That's like one of the best parts about the game though
>>
>tfw zombie was carrying aluminium keg
Maaan, I would loot more than entire 3 toilets if I could carry more weight. Herbal tea, anyone?
>>
>>158671149
The goal is to have your own zombie frat house carrying assorted jerrypacks full of clean water, gasoline, diesel, and alcohol.
>>
>>158671034
People can like different things. People think the mobility of combat in League of Legends and the frequency of the teamfights are good things but I feel like they detract from the strategic integrity of the game, trading FAST AND FUN for games that are predictable because they're more strategically structured. The god stuff would definitely be fun for some people, I just don't like it that much.
>>
>>158646947
Or you know, go kumiromi and hold down the wait button to regen 1 sp/turn. (R)esting is much slower for stamina regen with kumi
>>
>>158669563
CoQ is always fun and for me the most immersive roguelike. The world feels actually fleshed out and not just randomly generated.
>>
>>158671034
Honestly, god bullshit is the only reason I keep playing this fucking game.
>>
>>158669563
play poschengband or youre not a real rlgposter
>>
>>158671559
can you win CoQ? nobody will ever give me a straight answer
>>
>>158648751
I actually like this idea
Also hide the stairs up behind a ton of shit and a ton of traps
Make hell effects much much much more common the higher up you are and make them more dangerous (like teleporting you back to the bottom, paralyzing/petrifying you for extended durations, setting your hp and mp to 1, deaths door on yourself + tier 1 demons and demonspawn with sap magic and strip resistance filling the entire screen around you, item destruction (any item, not just consumables), ) because all of you tryhard faggots think hell effects are trivial. Also if you escape a floor too fast (real time, turn count, hasted), you get sent to the bottom again. If you take to long, you get sent to the bottom again
>crawl is easy
>>
>>158667769
who can stop this absolute madman
>>
>>158672181
you can beat the current questline but the game isn't finished

idk if the game gives you a "contragulation u win" screen or not because i'm too much of a shitter and my best character died at the bottom of bethesda
>>
>>158659178
>>pick some crazy combo
>>amount of grinding increases by 9000%
Old Ones in Steamband have constant XP drain, as in, you lose XP by just standing around. Plus like 200% xp penalty I think.
>>
>>158672621
that's amazing

i remember seeing some post on the oook.cz ladder of a player who equipped a permanently cursed ring with drain-xp and was stuck at level 1 forever
>>
>>158672468
iirc it gives you a message that you've finished the questline and lets you freeplay afterwards.
>>
>>158672468
>>158672795
That's what Angband does when you kill M so maybe people should stop giving CoQ shit about being "unfinished"
>>
>>158673216
well the devs actually do have plans to add further quests later i think

they eventually want to have multiple mutually-exclusive questlines from the different factions too
>>
File: quests.png (63KB, 536x345px) Image search: [Google]
quests.png
63KB, 536x345px
a while ago the dev posted stats and only 85 characters had "won"/beat the final quest in the past year

number's probably bigger now since there's more players
>>
>>158672181
You have to pay 5 bucks to unlock the ending DLC
>>
>>158655475
The good gods in Crawl do not accept worship from the likes of you.
>>
>>158671829
played it, too grindy
>>158670076
>>158670262
>>158671559
>>158670415
will check, thx
>Demon
never heard that one, interesting
>>
>>158673814
demon isnt a roguelike it's a "pokey man" game that happens to have permadeath
>>
>>158673581
those are deaths not wins
>>
File: doing its job i guess.png (3KB, 618x44px) Image search: [Google]
doing its job i guess.png
3KB, 618x44px
>>
>>158673814
demon is a roguelike with permadeath that happens to have a pokemon minigame attached
>>
>>158669563
C:DDA, MaiDenSnow and DF adv mode.
I also tried the ancient version of DCSS that's up on CDO. It really feels like a different game. Not necessarily better, but very, very different.
>>
>>158674765
Is MaiDenSnow actually a good game?
>>
Demigod[Hades] Paladin of Life. Goal is to use Hades' 108% liferating (all other demigods get only 100%) and take Fleet of Foot for sprigganmove and Sacred Vitality for +20% healing from all sources.

That or die too early of course. Wouldn't want to rule out any options, after all.
>>
>>158674107
it's the funnel of death

there are 28,000 people who beat the first quest but died before the final one
>>
>>158675213
>+20% healing
does that even matter
dont you get a 5000-power heal

i could imagine taking sacred vitality with nature...

also i dont think fleet of foot is super important for pcb when you can just dig holes and wait around corners

sprigganmove is mostly OP for the "literally walk away" meme but in pcb you can use shit like teleport/phasedoor/destruction/telelevel instead. by the time you're level 20 you aren't gonna be using your feet to escape from bad situations unless you're a berserker
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 1199x960px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 1199x960px
I'm still doing it guys

I hope I can be done adding basic ass systems in soon so I can actaully do cool stuff.
Has anyone on /rlg/ actually gone through with making their own roguelike yet?
>>
>>158675525
quick_walk is more for closing than for running away on a paladin. It's very strong on any character though.

sacred vitality might be overkill, but it works with the lower healing spells too which are not going to have as many fail rate problems, even later in the game. It also works with lifedrain weapons, which are already quite good. The 5000 heal was nerfed a lot, but it's still huge, but yeah sacred is more for the regular healing spell and vampirism
>>
>>158675596
>Has anyone on /rlg/ actually gone through with making their own roguelike yet?
Sometimes people who made their own roguelikes come on here
>>
>>158675596
what program are you using? I've been working on an RPG using just the C# standard .Net library but it doesn't have any graphics or anything. The method of movement/combat is closer to old newgrounds dating sims like Galaxy Angel than a roguelike. I wouldnt mind trying a different library. ncurses looked super confusing last time I used it though.
>>
>>158676683
i'm using python libtcod
it's nice and easy, has a big tutorial(available in multiple languages) to start off, even for a relative newbie to programming such as me and good documentation

i've been told it sucks but the one who told me that didn't mention any specifics of why
>>
File: wtf.png (24KB, 626x600px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
24KB, 626x600px
holy shit that's a lot of mean dudes

good thing i have a < button
>>
>>158675158
I would say yes. The gameplay is actually pretty solid, under the smut.
>>
I always kill izchak out of principle. Nobody tells me what to do.
>>
>you can play an easterling in FAangband
good shit. Easterlings are pretty cool in the movies and the Loke in third age total war are pretty gud.
>>
>>158677756
And that's fine
>>
>>158677948
>Easterlings
Traitor scum.
>>
File: 390.png (362KB, 830x315px) Image search: [Google]
390.png
362KB, 830x315px
>>158672468
That's what you get forn not preordering Fallout 4, buddy.
>>
What do I have to wear in order to not need to wield an umbrella in the sun as an albino?

Just have 100% coverage everywhere? Or does it need to be 100% environmental 2 or something?
>>
>>158678110
If the sun is so harmful to you should probably just stay in your house and play roguelikes while eating vitamin D.
>>
>>158678084
Fuck you Todd, your game is only good with mods, and even then it's only average
>>
>>158678084
Todd is just so handsome.
>>
File: hobbycommunity.jpg (556KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
hobbycommunity.jpg
556KB, 2404x1260px
>>158678253
You're so god damn funny.
>>
>>158678323
I know m8.
>>
>>158678253
Being able to play Rogue in Cataclysm would be pretty cool actually
>>
Speaking of Easterlings, how about a Blue Wizard Roguelike? I know it's mentioned that the Blue Wizards went westward and never returned, but their actions messed up Sauron's servants in the far far west and only a small faction of them was able to make it to help Sauron in the east. It could be like Sil except instead of mostly melee its mostly magic.
>>
>>158677948
why are easterlings always depicted as evil
it's fucking bullshit
>>
>>158678323
>people having fun the wrong way are making me stop liking what i like
this never fails to be retarded
>>
>>158678110
Looks like you need an umbrella and sunglasses.

I think at least one martial art works with umbrellas, could be a good silly character.
>>
>>158678648
>why are easterlings always depicted as evil
Because they're descended from a tribe that joined the Edain and Noldor but then betrayed them to Morgoth and the third age ones worship Sauron.
>>
>>158678501
It comes with expanded sets for classic roguelike classes like knight, wizard, and rogue. It also have castable necromancy and arcane magic if that's what you're into.

>>158678689
Picture was unrelated, but the point is that as a hobby grows, it stops being about the hobby and more about social stuff. Look at Justin.TV, twitch, and what twitch is now. Justin was like periscope but it could never get much of a following. Twitch was made, gaming content only. It exploded. Now twitch is shoehorning general garbage into it to expand the market. Cooking, music, 'social streams'. I don't fault twitch for this, just a good example of what the image illustrates.

>>158679114
Yea, I wear sunglasses and a telescopic umbrella already. I was hoping though I could put on some rain coat+jumpsuit+tactical gloves+boots etc to occlude all my skin from the sun. Having to constantly wield the umbrella when I'm working on the car is just getting annoying.
>>
>>158678323
Why don't the blacks just continue playing with themselves, no one's forcing them to play with green, brown, pink, and red. Also this is actually happening with roguelikes as we speak, SJWs already invaded C:DDA and DCSS, while Amy constantly posts for attention on /rlg/. Soon the dude bros will reverse-shit on turncount posters and it'll be a crazy clusterfuck of shitposting
>>
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/18943

nerd fight
>>
>>158679749
speedruns are dumb though, and turncountposters are bad
>>
Do Crawl devs ever post their reasoning for changes? Half of them seem completely chosen at random
>>
>>158679612
>Picture was unrelated, but the point is that as a hobby grows, it stops being about the hobby and more about social stuff.
This is patently wrong and you should feel insulted for being so easily persuaded by a picture. Nothing is stopping you from doing what you want, you can just privately play with the other black stick figure. If your "hobby" is so insubstantial that it breaks down due to increase in popularity then wasn't real to begin with.
>>
>>158678545
Eastward.

And what would the gameplay be like? They were good musicians and speakers, we know that much, and Tolkien in his notes about versions where they didn't go corrupt says they encouraged rebellions against Sauron and lead armies, so it feels more like a Grand Strategy game than a roguelike.
>>
>>158679905
yea they're a bunch of tryhard faggots lol
>>
>>158677134
wow good
love how habu and brand are both below the temp champ

i hope you don't fail your chance to evoke feet
>>
>>158680012
It's a cycle, not a path.

>crawl is made
>more devs join
>new devs out number old devs
>new devs now decide the direction
>your favorite species is now removed

>old devs start different project

It's actually a criticism of democracy and human behavior in general and less specific to hobbies as it appears.
>>
>>158680215
i pressed < and only one of the death knights followed me

what the fuck was with that entrance vault though
>>
>>158679759
That last bit makes it sound like it's basically halving all ranged accuracy.
>>
>>158680062
tryharding about conducts or something: sure that's cool, post your vampire convict or your lazy snotling or only-huo-sho run or whatever
tryharding about speedruns in a turn-based game: incredibly stupid
>>
>>158679759
Maybe coolthulhu can chase the other devs out and we'll finally have good changes.
>>
>>158680370
pcb things
>>
>>158680513
Need a bouncer edit.
>>
>>158679612
>Having to constantly wield the umbrella when I'm working on the car is just getting annoying.
Can't you just work on the car at night, or install of couple of roof tiles wherever you need them to block the sun?
>>
>>158680602
>Maybe coolthulhu can chase the other devs out and we'll finally have good changes.

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/18950

So this.....is the power....of Coolthulu.....woah.............
>>
>>158676950
I think I remember doing that tutorial and thinking that it was retarded noticing several instances of bad coding and thinking the guy who wrote it was straight retarded. Don't remember what made me think that though. Maybe that was for something else i was doing at the time.
>>
>>158680751
Yeah that thing is a terrible idea.
>>
>>158680341
There's nothing preventing you from playing older versions of dungeon crawl, so the democratic government analogy doesn't even work, moreover that's not even remotely what the picture is about, you're trying to fit a square into a triangle at this point. This picture is just oldfags complaining about the degeneration of board culture, while not realizing that they're the chads in the first place because they only care about the social part of their "hobby".
>>
>>158680747
I pop a bunch of caffeine, adderal, and whatever wigging drugs I can and then work for days straight. I want my character to be as autistic and obsessive as I am about him being autistic and obsessive.
>>
>>158680845
The promise of extra features and development along lines he enjoyed is removed, causing the niche he's been shoved into to stagnate.
>>
>>158680845
>Oh god, metaphors aren't perfect.
Shut up, already. For fucks sake.
>>
>>158681035
Whiner

>>158680845
Argumentative faggot

>tfw I am better than both of you
>>
>>158680845
Not to imply that anon's entire argument isn't stupid but in most contexts "Just play the older version" is kind of weak. Most people expect or appreciate some level of development and undoing a change they don't like often means undoing other changes they do like. Which is a decision they can make for themselves of course and it's a bit 'beggars can't be choosers
but it still doesn't really address their problem.
>>
>>158679612
>It comes with expanded sets for classic roguelike classes like knight, wizard, and rogue. It also have castable necromancy and arcane magic if that's what you're into.

Wait what
>>
>>158680968
Games that need a constant flow of features and addition to survive are trash, and in the first place why would you care if the game's community "stagnates"?

>>158681035
>3 INT shitposter can't into analogies
Retard.
>>
File: Obscure Horse Reference.png (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Obscure Horse Reference.png
141KB, 1920x1080px
I'm burnt out on MuMo. I think I might actually be done for good.

So! Here's a sexy nightmare mode yeek with CRAZY stats.
She's gonna need them. I splatted her like ten times already.
>>
>>158681276
World gen mods. DDA's big thing is allowing people to make mods they plug in or turn off at world gen.
>>
>>158680751
Hopefully it kills a bunch of players and they'll have to address how the current options to deal with gun-wielding monsters are pretty much all cheese.
>>
>>158681298
Do you never play forks and branches then? Pretty much nothing but the original games are actually complete.
>>
>>158680845
there is something preventing future progress in the direction the originals like: the new people. that is the source of the complaint
>>
>>158678545
PCB has a blue mage class. It kinda sucks though.
>>
>>158681298
>why would you care if a community stagnates?
Because I don't want to play poker against my brother for 50 years, faggot.
>>
>>158681276
that shit's in mods

the roguelike class mod lets you start as a "sorceror" who has bionics for lasers and lightning bolts and shit, an alchohol-to-power converter, and a bunch of potions of manabooze
>>
>>158681406
Isn't the only way to survive them, barring some kind of cover you can use, just to have Uncanny Dodge on and hope for the best?
>>
>>158681298
>Games that need a constant flow of features and addition to survive are trash
all games need this, they get boring eventually otherwise
>>
>>158681510
that's a FF blue mage "learn spells from enemy dudes" class not a LOTR blue wizard which is some kind of divine angel magicky dude created by the gods
>>
http://cdda.estilofusion.com/books/fun

What's the best fun/minute book?
>>
>>158681608
looks like the plan is for them to zap you once with their deathray as a warning shot
better not pick glass jaw or have low STR or walk around at half hp or you gonna instadie to an armor-ignoring 50 damage space laser
>>
>>158681705
Huh. Well, you learn something every day.
>>
>>158681498
I play forks but I don't develop expectations about development and don't feel disappointment when they aren't met.

>>158681508
If new people influence the developer in a bad way that's a shame but it only means the developer has no vision or interest in the game in the first place.
>>
>>158681858
So the plan is to take instant unavoidable damage? That's not a good gameplay feature, it's like acid but worse.
>>
>>158681719
"To serve man" as a cannibal. You also get it right from the start. With optimist and fast reader you get +95 morale in 10 minutes.
>>
>>158681647
You play shit games.
>>
>>158682023
>t. chess turboautist
>>
>>158681876
Just because you have low standards doesn't mean you should expect that from everyone.
>>
>>158681876
>If new people influence the developer in a bad way that's a shame but it only means the developer has no vision or interest in the game in the first place.
this only applies if said community is focused around a singular object created by a singular person (example: dwarf fortress) which is almost never the case
>>
Will you guys stop with the first grade insult throwing and play roguelikes already
>>
>>158682065
Lack of entitlement isn't low expectations. Besides, it's not even about expectations, if a "promise" of a future something is cancelled I don't see it as something being taken away, and trying to frame it in such a way is just an exercise in mental gymnastics.
>>
>>158682202
how about i play your mom
>>
>>158682287
>Entitlement
Am I on /v/? This is that same "You can't expect quality videogames, that's ENTITLED!" bullshit you hear from those braindead kids.
>>
i hate to admit it but
i'm so rusty with elona+ that i can't even locate a bed

good christ
>>
>>158681608
Probably.

They have night vision so your own night vision and flashlight exploits don't work.
They aren't robots so you can't poke them to death with a control laptop through the walls.
They have ludicrous amounts of ammo so the reviving zombie trick doesn't work.

I guess, open the door, get face blasted off, chuck in some dynamite or whatever, close door would work, but only because throwing an explosive isn't considered hostile.
>>
>>158682182
It applies to all forms of development. Even in the case of dcss, there's nothing preventing any member of the devil's team from branching off if they don't like the direction the game is taking (at the cost of no longer being able to call his branch "stone soup")
>>
>>158680003
No fun allowed.
>>
>>158682473
No, it means that lack of entitlement isn't low expectations. I'm sorry your brain can't read sentences to decipher meaning like a normal person but I don't feel like treading around your trigger words just because they might set off your /v/ ptsd.
>>
>>158640476
Doom the Roguelike doesn't play very much at all like Doom. You have to stop moving to shoot, and success very often hinges on... scouting with a shotgun, that is to say, firing buckshot into the darkness and then waiting to see if someone yells in pain, then "sniping" into the darkness from a safe distance.
>>
>>158681342
>I'm burnt out on MuMo. I think I might actually be done for good.
fucking finally
>>
File: Songs from the General.jpg (881KB, 1000x995px) Image search: [Google]
Songs from the General.jpg
881KB, 1000x995px
>>158683178
You strike great sadness into my heart.
And with it, in the heart of the general.
Shame on you.
>>
Sup /rlg/

I've been playing Nethack on my iPod touch for a while, but the only version I've seen on the app store is a buggy piece of shit and I'm tired of it.

I downloaded the Windows version for play on my PC, but the staggering number of commands is difficult to memorize. Is the a mod/build/patch/frontend/whatever for vanilla Nethack that has the most frequently used commands as clickable buttons?
>>
>>158683345
just play with the keybind chart open in a separate window, it'll feel natural in a couple of hours and you'll be able to play much faster
>>
>>158683345
DCSS
it's nethack for retards
like you
>>
>>158683345
how do people even play mobile roguelikes
trying to fit that many commands onto a small touchscreen is a miserable experience, and I don't think i've seen a single one with good controls
>>
>>158683345
Wow you're really dumb
>>
>>158683345
I think you need to leave.
>>
>>158683345
create a deck of nethack flashcards and go through them twice a day. this is how the pros get their start
>>
>>158681342
>Monk
I see you're still into fisting.
>>
>>158682536
Won't help you when the Mi-Go spawns out in the open, though.
>>
>>158658670
underrated, this is a game I've played and known more than half my life, longer than I've known my wife

every day it dies more at the hands of people that despise everything about it, and the literal reason why is... the devs live in an echo chamber filled with maximum strength autismos who play every game in the most perfect and optimized fashion imaginable no longer how tedious.

And they can't NOT do whatever is optimal, they MUST abuse every tiny advantage, no matter how tedious.
>>
File: Settling some scores .png (99KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Settling some scores .png
99KB, 1920x1080px
>>158683820
She's more like a nun of free love, but yeah. The fist never really leaves. I'm in too deep.
>>
>>158664580
you have it backwards anon, the speedrunners have the overriding philosophy of THIS GROUND IS TOO SOFT, they must eke out EVERY advantage possible and

AND

they then beg the devs to protect them from their own autism
>>
>>158658670
kek

>>158684150
the problem isn't the focus on the "hypothetical optimal player" or the design docs (both of which i wish more games cared about), it's that half of the recent devs are terrible and need their commit access revoked
>>
>>158664656
NO DONT USE ALPHA ALPHA IS GAY POST THRESH

If you ever remove the post thresh alpha mutations your stats become CRIPPLED FOREVER.

so either resolve to NEVER gain another mutation even if something mutates you like a flaming eye or don't do it
>>
>you attack the horse. You punch. You butt.
>>
So how feasible is it to kill Morgoth in Sil? I want muh silmaril but I also want muh vengance.
>>
>find a volcano
>well I don't have fire resist but whatever
>level keeps surrounding me with fire, even when I'm flying over water

is there any way to avoid this or is this just a cheap way to force you to have fire resist?
>>
>>158667418
nah, its too opinionated

I thought it was just about dildo and fursuit removal, nooooooope
>>
>>158684679
volcano and ice cave are supposed to be difficult without the resist but give it to you after the end

early portals don't expect you to have the resist, later ones do (like the ice fiend cave)
>>
>>158683462

That works too. Is there a way to break it out in to a separate window, or am I going to need to use a browser window looking at the wiki?
>>
>>158684807
well I don't know how I'd get to the end without fire resist, because it was blasting me with fire every 5 turns or so

I just got the fuck out of there
>>
>>158684679
You wouldn't enter a volcano in real life without a ring of fire resistance, would you?
>>
>>158684879
the latter
>>
>>158684150
>live in an echo chamber filled with maximum strength autismos
So you're saying we have a lot in common with them?
>>
>>158684892
either your dude can handle it or it can't, threat detection + knowing when to bail on risky stuff is 95% of the game
>>
>>158684406
i don't see a problem with this, "make the game less scummy and chnage the unfun parts" is a valid thing to ask
>>
>>158685081
I can't possibly think of anything /rlg/ is echo chambery about, there's even people who think non turnbased games that you pay for are roguelikes here, and there's even guys who prefer A FUCKING STAG to Artemis
>>
>>158684931
Depends. Does fire resist apply to magma?
>>
>>158685094
so there's no way to avoid the fire?
>>
>>158685389
eat the damage, walk/translocate around it, or leave
>>
>>158685227
unfun from the perspective of people who play the game perfectly every time which is of no interest or relevance to me
>>
>>158685785
>not playing the game perfectly every time
do you not have the power
>>
>>158685785
>games should cater to bad players
>>
>>158685372
Sure, what do you think bolt of magma is?

It reduces the damage you take by 50%. Two rings reduce it by 66%.
>>
>>158685865

That's indeed the problem, that the devs are catering to bad players and coddling them.

just create challenge modes that let you ban stuff privately so that you don't have to whine about how the bouquet spell makes you feel compelled to hunt down every arrow in the game to turn into a flower and eat for a tiny decrease in hunger
>>
>>158683345
>I've been playing Nethack on my iPod touch for a while
This shit is straight from the land of memes
>>
>>158686691
>not casting banquet on every arrow you find so you could exercise your transmigrations skill and increase the power of your evaporate
lmao
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-28-15-28-57.png (148KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-28-15-28-57.png
148KB, 720x1280px
I feel like we should update the mobile roguelikes section a tidbit.
>>
>>158688094
Update it yourself and post a new pastebin link.
>>
>>158688291
Will do. Anyone else play anything good that isn't in there?
>>
File: 1472260454592.jpg (7KB, 263x207px) Image search: [Google]
1472260454592.jpg
7KB, 263x207px
>>158680751
You know something is wrong with the dev team when not a single one objects to OP insta-kill enemies.

You don't fucking introduce threats into your game that the character has no way of dealing with like this. 'Run away' is only supposed to be until you're strong enough to actually fight against the enemy. Yet with unavoidable damage that's never the case, you never get to a point where you can exceed the 'challenge'.
>>
>>158688606
I played with your mom's pussy last night, m8.
>>
>>158689002
>'Run away' is only supposed to be until you're strong enough to actually fight against the enemy.
Says who?
>>
File: tenthousandhours.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tenthousandhours.png
12KB, 500x500px
>>158689021
rlg is just full of funny fuckers.
>>
>>158689002
so is he still coolthulu or not
>>
File: rlg2.png (271KB, 924x571px) Image search: [Google]
rlg2.png
271KB, 924x571px
>>158689149
>>
>>158689124
Says everyone, Coolthulhu. You're supposed to be able to, you know, move around in the lab and not be fucked over by an unstoppable super mi-go blocking the door even if you're running around in power armor with a heavy machinegun (except those are shit now too because of mounting.)

>>158689173
That's up to you to decide. Everyone has shitty ideas, so it depends on whether you generally appreciate his contributions.
>>
>>158689002
I mean you're right that the enemy idea is stupid, but honestly this shit:
>'Run away' is only supposed to be until you're strong enough to actually fight against the enemy.
Is much stupider. Why should every enemy be a surpassable threat? It's not like Cata is about killing dudes.
>>
>>158689319
>Why should every enemy be a surpassable threat?
So you actually have a sense of progression and accomplishment. So there's a point to late game gear.
>>
>>158689302
Just push a fucking cart in front of you.
>>
>>158689389
The progression is to have a car sturdy enough and with enough acceleration to ram a hulk for 3 or 4 turns in a row.

>not barreling into walls, hulks, eldritch horrors, and fields of green with a killdozer
>>
>>158689389
How does one enemy type remaining a threat prevent that?
There are plenty of other thongs you can exceed already. In more ways than just combat.
>>
>>158689525
With these repair times? You must be insane.

>>158689456
>Getting a cart into a science lab.
They also don't block shots unless you're putting on boards. And the mi-go can walk around it.

>>158689674
>remaining a threat
There's 'remaining a threat' and then there's being unstoppable. This is the later. Most playstyles can't handle it, period. The only way to stop it was pointed out above, explosive chucking and sitting on your ass for several hours after you meet one to heal, or spamming through your first aid kits. That's not fun or interesting gameplay.
>>
>>158689021
You have shit taste if you think thats good lmao.
>>
>>158689825
>don't block shots

>he's never mounted a door on casters
Git. Gud.

>getting a cart into a science lab
There have been people that built underground tractors, anon. Bringing a door, a frame, and casters into a science lab isn't exactly difficult.
>>
File: 1445297917883.png (258KB, 795x601px) Image search: [Google]
1445297917883.png
258KB, 795x601px
>>158689886
It tasted like milky coins and bags of salt.
>>
>>158689825
>One (1) 50 damage shot will always kill a character and it's simply impossible to work around this, ever

lmfao how bad are you
>>
>>158689825
And my issue was not with your correct assessment of the mi-go change being retarded. It was with your statement that everything should be surpassable.
Do try to keep up.
>>
>>158690118
It's an insta kill for quite a few, and as I said in my post, when you survive it you have to sit on your ass to recover the damage or else you risk actually dying the next time you find one.

>>158690016
I mentioned boards as an example of a solid construction.

>>158690157
It should be. There should always be a way for a player to overcome a challenge.
>>
>>158690426
>overcome a challenge.
Like running away?
>>
>>158690512
That's not 'overcoming'. This is a door blocker enemy that halts progress in the labs. Thus it should be surmountable through some method of defeating it to facilitate your progress through the lab.
>>
File: Pain.png (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pain.png
133KB, 1920x1080px
I have literally not enough cash to dive to get more cash because every time I go down I get drained for my stats and restoration costs a fuckton.

I'll have to stick to relatively early level mountain chains to kill young dragons.

Also all the dungeons feel like someone is raping me with a soldering iron, I haven't even cleared stronghold and now that I have acid immunity for the pits I can't even get down there without almost dying every time.
>>
>>158690580
>can't bring himself admit that bypassing an enemy is overcoming the challenge
>can't bring himself to stop posting
do you know what the word rogue means
>>
>>158690580
Which is why the mi-go is stupid yes. We agree on this. If you don't think escaping a dangerous threat with your hp above 0 is overcoming a threat then you probably aren't playing a roguelike.
>>
>>158690658
>level 21
>haven't cleared stronghold
literally free stat up.
>>
>>158690783
How many roguelikes have you played where you have never been able to defeat an enemy in any way at end-game, anyway?

>>158690963
You seem to be misunderstanding how overcome was meant here. It is innately informed by the enemy's usage and positioning in the gameplay. This Mi-go isn't 'overcome' by running away, because it's blocking your goal (exploring the lab) thus running away doesn't serve any purpose in furthering your goals. The only way to further your goal is to kill the Mi-Go, and thus it must be something you can face directly in combat (or that can be defeated with a puzzle of some sort, but DDA doesn't play like that.)

Frankly, I wish there was someone to come in and slap the dev's faces in over how stupid this is, but that's usually Coolthulhu and that doesn't work this time because, yeah, it's his idea.
>>
>>158690963
He's playing DDA
>>
>>158691278
I'm playing nightmare mode because fun.
Everything is perma-hasted by default, I aggravate (that's why I picked sexy, which aggravates by default) and it's got twice and a half as much health as it'd have normally.
Also every time I go to sleep I get visited by a great old one or some big eldritch baddie that can drain my stats.
And at midnight I get a random AFC effect if I stay up and don't sleep.
>>
>>158685785

Fuck off scumbloat apologist. Active analysis for scummy or bloat features should be done 24/7, remove immediately upon guilt and move on to the next feature.
>>
>>158691294
But you have admitted it is possible to beat. It's shitty and tedious, but possible. You gotta knock it off with the "inability to express yourself coherently thing", anon. I would tell you to quit while you're ahead, but you are probably incapable of time travel.
>>
>>158691294
>How many roguelikes have you played where you have never been able to defeat an enemy in any way at end-game, anyway?
do memers even play nethack these days
at any rate whether or not something is killable at the endgame is not relevant, the only thing that matters is whether or not killable at the moment you meet it, and if it isn't you must run away, and given that mi-go being unkillable in the moment you meet them is a reality, you have to and are fully expected to run away from them. the possibility of a potential "endgame" in which you can easily kill everything is what one might call a pie in the sky
>>
>>158691294
>where you have never been able to defeat an enemy in any way at end-game
Not many.

But a roguelike where bypassing an enemy at end-game is preferable to killing it? Due to perhaps, say, resource expenditure? Many, many times. As it should be.
>>
>>158691576
off yourself, lasty
>>
>>158691645
For one gameplay style. By taking damage and then having to heal after meeting each one. Obviously I don't consider this acceptable.

>>158691767
>Completely ignoring goals.
If you don't play DDA juts to kill enemies as you said earlier, then you're contradicting yourself here by only considering vs. enemy interaction and not wider goals (in this case, exploration and lab content.)

>>158691821
Which isn't a problem.

There's no way to bypass this thing, though, so that's not a relevant argument.
>>
>>158691851

>implying that removebabbby is doing his job properly

The reason he made Ru is for him to be able to slack off from removing things. That lazy bastard.
>>
>>158691576
there is no non-bloat in DCSS, only varying degrees of bloat.
>>
>Everyone agrees about something.
>There's an argument anyway because of people getting autistic about reasoning.
>>
>>158692213

Like what? Give a full explanation of why it's bloat
>>
>>158691294
>This Mi-go isn't 'overcome' by running away, because it's blocking your goal (exploring the lab) thus running away doesn't serve any purpose in furthering your goals.
Yeah, but dda world gen is infinite, so the safe play is to find a new lab if you have to fight one.

Kind of like how there is no reason to ever mess with a tank drone since you can just go the other direction. There's a second problem here with monsters that can kill you in one or two hits: it's too risky to actually try things to see if you could beat them since if it turns out, whoops tear gas doesn't work on mi-gos or whatever, you just die.
>>
File: willitblend.png (11KB, 924x373px) Image search: [Google]
willitblend.png
11KB, 924x373px
This a good atv?

I don't know how fast a V8 will rip through a gas tank.
>>
So are there faggots actually justifying dev behavior?
How can you explain the Haste removal?
>>
Can you use foot pedals and hand rims at the same time?
>>
>>158692421
Put a seatbelt on or you'll kill yourself by bumping into something.

Gas isn't really an issue since you can get lots of it siphoning it out of other vehicles.
>>
>>158692570
>Seatbelt
But then I lose the saddle sprite.

I'm willing to risk it. I don't want the femzom's thinking I'm gay.
>>
>>158692469

It's the one of the most scummy skill a player of any race/background can cast for a very small investment that has practically zero drawbacks.
>>
>>158680003

yes, read the commit messages
>>
>>158692398
If you seriously think having to drive around for hours to maybe find a lab then to maybe be able to progress through it without an unstoppable Mi-Go blocking your way is an acceptable gameplay 'challenge' then I don't really no way to say beyond a long stream of insults. It's just poorly designed in so many ways.

But in the second part of your paragraph, you seem to be agreeing with me that these enemies are poorly designed, so I'm not actually sure what your goal is.
>>
>>158692712
But it's more logical to add some drawbacks (everyone was suggesting contam+slow+exhaustion) instead of removing it.
>>
>>158692775
These are the same people that set zombie spawn to 100000x and super fast evolution rate and try to clear out entire cities with just caltrops and spike pits
>>
>>158692854
How long until DDA is good
>>
>>158692130
are you pathologically incapable of admitting you were wrong
goals are not relevant
regardless of the particular goals in the game, it's universal to all roguelikes that you, the player, are expected to nagivate your environment efficiently and use your head.

your feelings of being uncomfortable in an
environment which you can't fully control are at best irrelevant, at worst subject to the developer's sadism. you're expected to hack and crawl and squirm your way through the game in order to progress. the fact that many challenges become easier or even trivial as the player character grows in power is not to reward the player and making them feel comfortable and strong, it's to make room for new enemies and new hazards so you'll be annoyed by different things, and some things remain annoying the entire game
>>
>>158693087
Let him go anon. He's retarded. It can't be helped.
>>
>>158692882
I should hope that people who intentionally challenge themselves like that are aware enough to realize why that's not standard play.

>>158693087
>goals are not relevant
Do you even play DDA? It's a sandbox. Your goals are the only thing that is relevant, and not being able to explore a lab because of a super mi-go is like randomly being incapable of completing a dungeon or branch or whatever in your rogue-like of choice. That's not done. They design it so you need to run away from out of depth enemies or the like, but they don't make it so random gen decide you can't PROGRESS. What part of "a door blocker can't be ran away from and still allow you to progress" do you not understand?
>>
>>158691821
having to expend a resource to escape from a nasty threat is different from a monster whose ai is "poke the player, wait for them to run away, if they don't instakill them"

there is exactly one way to deal with them and it's the extremely straightforward dev-intended way of "back away and close the door you just opened" -- they would just work like turrets, except that turrets eventually stop being instakill deathlasers when the player gets armor to wear
>>
>>158692854

>contam

lichform

>exhaustion
>slow

Do you know what's the difference of haste and berserk for postend and why people discourages everyone to berserk too much and haste instead? That's because haste is a buff that is supposed to be used at almost/every encounter while berserk is a buff that you use if you're sure you're not going to encounter anything for several turns afterwards (like bossfights, uniques). To add a drawback that's would go against its initial purpose and become a berserk v. 2 would go against proper game design so its only remaining route is being removed.
>>
>>158693331
And of course, this becomes an issue with lab environments because that door might be the only way to progress. In the open that wouldn't be a problem, but this enemy wouldn't function if they made it spawn there either, because these lasers aren't meant to miss, and your options for reaching cover can be very limited.
>>
actually i guess they wouldn't be like turrets
they would be "are you stupid? if y instadeath, if n might as well just be a solid wall blocking progress"
>>
>>158693460
But I mean, why is there a need to remove Haste?
If you want to play challenge speedrun turncount 3-rune faggotry then play it without using haste, there is no need to force every other player to stop using that spell.
I understand that it's useful for almost every combo and kinda broken, but still it's only great when playing 3-runes.
>>
>>158693760

>Haste is only great when playing 3-runes.

what the fuck am I reading
>>
File: vshulks.png (59KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
vshulks.png
59KB, 1680x1050px
What here should I use to take down a hulk?

Some naked guy told me his mom went ape shit and the first time I saw her, she was clearly a hulk.
>>
>>158693298
did you read any part of my post after the second line

"goals are not relevant" to whether or not the player is supposed to be able to kill everything
that is to say
when considering whether or not the player should be able to kill a mi-go, goals have no relevancy
the question of whether or not it's alright for undefeatable monsters to exist, is a question about roguelikes in the abstract, it doesn't matter what the particular roguelike is because you said

>There should always be a way for a player to overcome a challenge.
which is a universal statement about roguelikes in the abstract, and is the thing you're being held accountable for
why can't you just admit you made a blunder or just quietly stop posting like a normal person
>>
>>158693891
I don't know, I'm drunk as fuck.
>>
>>158693947
i advise you to tell that guy to go fuck himself and ignore his hulkmom forever
>>
File: TOO GREEDY.png (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TOO GREEDY.png
89KB, 1920x1080px
Tried to kill an ancient durrgin.

When I was low on HP, I tele'd right next to this chump.
Well at least I got a good idea of how and where to level up this dude.
>>
>>158693949
Do you even bother to read my posts at all? You keep harping on the 'unkillable' point, while ignoring the key issue is that they completely block PROGRESS. You yourself talked about being able to squirm and crawl and hack through obstacles no matter what it takes, yet you don't understand what the problem is with a hard progress wall? This isn't something you can get around otherwise. There's no alternative means beyond blowing it up.

>ADMIT YOU MADE A BLUNDER!
I didn't. You can have a spastic fit all day if you want, but I stand by my statement that insurmountable progress stoppers that randomly spawn are a bad idea.
>>
>>158694149
But anon, I want to fuck his boipucci and he won't let me until I kill his green mum.
>>
>>158693971

Undrunk yourself then read >>158693460 again. No one here is legitimately complaining about Haste removal except if he's a shitter who can never play extended without it.
>>
>>158694164
Lava bigfoot?
>>
>>158693760
haste potions are somewhat rare, but still common enough you'll have one when you really need it as long as you're not wasteful (like blink scrolls, agility and might) - i think that's a good place for it
>>
>>158694274
them're mountain chains, son

lava is red #
>>
>>158694202
mi go don't completely block progress. you can kill them at a (high) cost
your original complaint was not in any way about broken game states in which the player can't win, it was you venting your frustration at being unable to sweep everything despite being at the "endgame"
>>
Fuck homies, fresh UrW! Quests, all kinds of new junk!
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791441301369/announcements/detail/534067538651153762
>>
>>158693947
Possibly the shotguns but you may well get your torso relocated in the process. The MP5 can do it with burst fire but you don't have ammo.

You can find some junk car on the street that only needs a battery or something easy and ram it to death, no idea if that will register as completing the mission, though. Make sure it has an intact seatbelt, too.
>>
>>158694457
>mi-go's are dangerous
I'm very very confused by this argument.

I've killed like 5 mi-go's on the surface. Using just a broadsword. They claw pretty hardcore, but I haven't really been in danger that I've noticed.
>>
>>158694580
The proposed changes being discussed are to give them a death ray. Please read the thread.
>>
>>158694580
the argument is about a PR on github that creates migos with deathrays that spawn in labs

50 damage, completely bypasses armor
>>
File: 1423857503421.png (32KB, 220x382px) Image search: [Google]
1423857503421.png
32KB, 220x382px
>>158684604
>>
how much strength do you need to survive the death ray
what if you have glass jaw or the other -HP% traits
>>
>>158694580
We're talking about a commit for mi-go with unblockable undodgeable 50 damage lasers.

>>158694457
So you think it's actually well designed to have to chuck dynamite through a door before closing it after taking unavoidable damage, then having to sit still and heal it? You think that's actually good gameplay?

>This bullshit about 'being unable to sweep everything'.
You just come across like you're butthurt at me for thinking your enemy is 'too hard'. The issue is actually that your enemy is poorly designed. There's nothing wrong with lategame challenges. In fact, the posts you are complaining about were talking about being able to come back and defeat an enemy once you get higher tier gear, nothing was said about it being easy or about there being nothing that equaled you at that point. Those are thoughts you projected onto me. The complaint has always been that an enemy with unavoidable damage that blocks progress is poorly designed, and that there should be a way to overcome it that doesn't invalidate certain playstyles and lead to tedium like having to rest for extended periods of time outside of the door.
>>
File: hownow.png (62KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
hownow.png
62KB, 1680x1050px
>>158694565
Found more guns in a different pile.

How about now?

Think the slugs/00shot will still be my best bet?

I may use the dynamite, but I have never used grenades in dda before. I'll probably xcom/fallout1 it...
>>
>>158694876
You wouldn't die instantly without the -hp traits. Even with 8 str, you can survive with the -25% one.

To survive two you need 14 str or 9 + tough.
>>
>>158695232
14str +frail +glass jaw gives me 51 base hp.

Am I fucked?
>>
>>158695362
One shot would leave you with 1 hp senpai.
>>
>>158694906
i don't care about how well designed the enemy is, that's just your sad attempt to move the goalpost.
try to be consistent with your own posts.

according to your own words, every enemy should be a surpassable threat
>So you actually have a sense of progression and accomplishment.

>>158690426
>There should always be a way for a player to overcome a challenge.

if you're not the same person kindly fuck off, or at least calm down, i don't enjoy bullying you but you get angrier without any provocation with every passing post
>>
>>158695415
Not like I needed the other 50hp.

If I have masochist, I may cum on the mi-go. They're weak to semen, right?
>>
File: MRLGA.png (8KB, 517x159px) Image search: [Google]
MRLGA.png
8KB, 517x159px
This is your mind on *bands. Any questions?
>>
>can navigate catadda, nethack, sil easily
>elona+ is a confusing mess of shit no matter how many times i read the pastas

i want to fucking neck myself
>>
>>158692243
I really don't agree that the proposed Mi-go change is any sense of the word "unsurmountable".
>>
>>158684635
very much feasible on combat noldor
>>
>>158695537
>110% xp
but americans are the normal, default humans
they should be the race with average values for all stats and 100% xp
>>
>>158695142
Dynamite has a 20 turn fuse so I'm not sure how useful it would be on a hulk. I have no idea what the range on a flashbang is to avoid hitting yourself.

>Think the slugs/00shot will still be my best bet?
I don't think you have ammo for any of the burst fire ones, so probably.
>>
>>158695537
I always knew americans would suck at trap disarming.
>>
Crawl needs a slug race because I want to play as a cute slug.
>>
>>158695639
if tv taught me anything it's that americans are better than normal humans
>>
>>158695491
>i don't care about how well designed the enemy is
So you don't actually care about the discussion and just want to wave your e-peen around and fish for a 'gotcha' moment?

>Every enemy should be a surpassable threat.
And they should be. Whether through combat or otherwise, I even presented alternatives as being a thing in a few of my posts.
>>
>>158695789
TV taught you well. We should all strive to be Americans.
>>
>>158695537
>low ego
There must be some mistake.
>>
>>158695839
>not already being one
fault
>>
>>158695572
It's a very small bit of hyperbole. From the start it's been acknowledged that there's one way to defeat them (open door, take damage, chuck dynamite, close door, heal), however even the person to first propose that agreed that it was a tedious methodology.
>>
>>158692243
We all agree about 2 things, that mi-go death-rays are retarded, and that anon is retarded.
Well anon doesn't think he is retarded, but that's only because he is retarded. The rest of us are in consensus on that issue.
>>
>>158695741

fuck off minmay
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>158695897
>being born in america makes you american
How civilian of you.
>>
>>158695537
These seem like they're worse than default, so I'm not sure why they have an XP penalty.
>>
>>158695931
Really, what I would like is a way to open doors without giving free turns to whatever's on the other side. That's where the true answer lies. Peeking through keyholes, enhanced hearing being worth a damn, the ability to open doors from some distance/at an extreme angle, using the door for cover as you open it, opening the door with an action prepared since duh you're the one opening it.
>>
Do hulks have armor? Should I use d30+p2 or d27+p8?

>.45acp jhp vs .45 acp fmj
>>
>>158695952
None of you are in agreement with how you think I'm retarded though. One person is upset that an earlier post seemed to imply that combat was the only viable solution to problems, and another is upset because he thinks I wanted the game to be easy.
>>
>>158684635
If you find a sharpness artefact, not difficult. If you don't find a sharpness artefact it's still doable with big damage dice or Song of Sharpness but it's harder.
>>
>>158696003
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>158696203
That's a reasonable suggestion. I don't think it entirely solves the mi-go problem because I feel they're bad design from the get-go, but all of those would be neat features to have.
>>
>>158696357
American isn't being shit out in a Texas hospital 20 miles from the border.
>>
>>158696225
Top retard.
>>
>>158696217
8 bash / 12 cut
>>
>>158696473
Shop that on a wolfgirl and post it.
>>
>>158696284
Would it be worth it to invest in smithing to create a longsword of sharpness? besides the 100' forge, I don't think I've found any other forge in my play throughs, although the furthest I've managed to get is 450' where I died heroically surrounded by easterlings and trolls.
>>
>>158696723
You could if you want, but I wouldn't. Smithing builds in Sil are pure suffering.
>>
>this fucking thread

Can we just admit random unblockable, undodgeable damage is retarded in any way, shape and form and move on, please?
>>
>>158695808
>>So you don't actually care about the discussion and just want to wave your e-peen around and fish for a 'gotcha' moment?
anon after all those posts, replies, and overall time and energy you expended to defend this retarded statement, it's not very believable when you play it off like you don't care about it, as if it was just a minor tangent made in the midst of some other, much more important discussion

>And they should be. Whether through combat or otherwise
so are you retracting what you said back when you said that running away from a room blocking enemy isn't considered 'overcoming' it because you lose out on the delicious loot behind the enemy? because there's nothing wrong with enemies that you're forced to run away from, even if you get locked out of some area and resources, as long as you're able to 'win' the game you're still progressing and the game is not broken
>>
>>158696465
My greencard says otherwise, jajajajajaja.
>>
File: around whites.jpg (39KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
around whites.jpg
39KB, 500x598px
>>158697890
Nigga, just stop. Please. You ain't winning nothing by doing this, just making yourself and the other guy as tools, you being the worse of both.
>>
>>158697726

Torment and damnation is good design and to my opinion, is not enough in the current state of Crawl.
>>
>>158697726
Yes.
>>
>>158697890
>you play it off like you don't care about it,
I'm not playing it off like I don't care about the conversation. I'm stating that YOU don't. Learn to read.

>>158697890
>so are you retracting what you said back when you said that running away from a room blocking enemy isn't considered 'overcoming'
No. Because the room blocking enemy stops progress. You can't progress through the lab because of it. Again, in every other roguelike, they don't use random gen to decide you have to stop progressing through the branch/dungeon etc.If it happens it's considered a bug or a mistake. That's why these Mi-Go are a problem.

>Win
There's no win-state in DDA.
>>
>>158698172
i'm too conditioned to respond to arguments on the internets. i don't even bother to check if i'm right or wrong half the time, i just want someone to disagree with me
>>
>>158698409
So you were shitposting the whole time.
>>
>maidensnow eve pasta
>no DL link

???
>>
>>158698192
Torment can be resisted and even nullified completely. Damnation is... a thing on its own, as well as smite attacks. If anything, Orc Priest are probably worse than Torment and Damnation casters, because you can prepare to go into a place where you know Torment and Damnation will exist, but you can't prepare enough every time for an orc priest encounter.
They're all still manageable, though, so they are not as unfair as an unblockable deathray.
>>158698409
Nigga, that was clear as water from the first post. I don't even know why the other fag kept playing ball with you.
>>
>>158698376
>Because the room blocking enemy stops progress.
how so? it stops you from "progressing" into that particular room, but there's still a whole map out there, you can still progress.

>There's no win-state in DDA.
which is why you can't make the complaint that the game is broken because it can't be won
>>
>>158698592
>you can't prepare enough every time for an orc priest encounter.
fault
>>
The spirits align!
>>
File: STOP.png (242KB, 768x832px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.png
242KB, 768x832px
>>158698617
STOP
>>
>>158698481

>I can't google bec. baddie LOL
>>
File: 1459822657210.gif (900KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1459822657210.gif
900KB, 500x333px
>>158698592
>I don't even know why the other fag kept playing ball with you.
'Cause >>158696473 mainly. I'm rather dense and naive, if someone actually puts out an argument instead of throwing insults I have a hard time catching on when it's shitposting.
>>
>>158699017
ah yes the trial version what a great idea anon
>>
>>158695569
One guy on /jp/ said that elona has better controls than most roguelikes
>>
>>158699289

you need to be 18 years old and above to browse 4chan
>>
>>158699398
>weeb says that clusterfuck roguelike has superior controls compared to awful gaijin software
>>
>>158699398
i mean it certainly has the whole 'z' key doing 99% of shit going for it

but good controls does not understandable mechanics make
>>
>>158699289
Go search for a torrent on nyaa, you might find one.
>>
>>158699289
Go to 2D H game general. The DL is in their pasta.
>>
>>158689825
>>158691294

>They also don't block shots unless you're putting on boards. And the mi-go can walk around it.

I figured out what your problem is. You know perfectly well the mi-go proposal is not an unsurpassable or unstoppable foe, and he himself said it takes awhile for a second shot.

This sort of whining and crying is truly fucking pathetic.

Basically, your problem is that you feel entitled to an easy win.

step 1: don't be retarded
step 2: don't be retarded
step 3: don't be retarded

kill it by lobbing aoe around a corner
make a drone or survivor take the first shot
kill it before it hits you a second time
what the fuck ever

DDA could use an ice fiend type monster.
>>
>>158700110
It's like you tried to change your writing style but then gave up halfway through.
>>
>>158692243
no, this is fake agreement, the sort where one or two guys declares their tastes = GODLY, everyone else's tastes = OBJECTIVE HORSESHIT

WAHHH SOMETHING IS SLIGHTLY HARD SO I SHOULD HAVE A FUCKING MELTDOWN OVER IT
>>
>>158692469
haste isn't even fun

I disagree with most bloat removals, but haste is six fucking spell levels you never get back and that are consumed by ALL full casters except those of Chei
>>
question about Sil. For the ability "blocking", do you get double protection against ranged attacks even when moving or is it both melee and ranged when standing still? Does Dodging, Flanking, and Charge work together, like if I move from from one enemy space to another, would I get the +3 evasion, the free attack, and if I attacked next turn the +3 STR and DEX bonus?
>>
>>158698592
you also heal a lot more/easier in crawl than dda
>>
>>158700551
> Does Dodging, Flanking, and Charge work together
yes, dodging + flanking is a pretty common ability combo
>>
File: rekt.png (16KB, 1057x362px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
16KB, 1057x362px
what the fuck is this asshole doing inside the town
>>
>>158697726
No, fuck your fake hivemind
>>
>>158700995
He was going grocery shopping.
>>
>>158700232

Oh great, its time for a game of "everyone who disagrees with me is the same guy"
>>
is anywhere i can get the cata dda sound pack i cant seem to find it
>>
>>158700995
Literally stalking for adventurers to eat.
>>
>get an amulet of haunted dreams in Sil
>says that I can see invis. but attracts wraiths to me
>die to an unseen foe
BRAVO TOLKEIN
>>
>>158701828
>not diving past 500-800' to avoid fucking invisible shits entirely
>>
>>158702243
I didn't know my man, also I was only at 350'. I expected WRAITH wraiths, who appear at 450' not a shadow that appears at 650' and is both very OOD can't even be seen. Good run none the less though since I managed to get trapped In a hallway between Easterlings and orc champions and song of slaying'd my way out of it at 3 hp. I like how depth is just some arbitrary concept in Sil and a pack of wargs can just climb up some stairs and fuck your shit up at like 100'
>>
>have zombie slave tied in place
>go to town for a little while
>come back
>zombie slave is gone

Do I not understand this rope situation? Thank fuck all it had on it was a duffel bag.
>>
You guys should just cast confuse on the god damn migo. They have 1 pip of MR, for kiku's sake.
>>
Note that you don't _have_ to kill migos.
>>
>>158703005
>not murder hobo'ing nonstop whenever possible
>>
>>158702886
>Cast
Arcama a mod, anon.
>>
>>158702683
I actually haven't played Sil in a long time so I don't remember what depths shit actually spawns at. I mostly played pacifist stealthy Edain divers, and a lot of my runs ended somewhere around the depth range I mentioned because that's before I get a perception ability that lets you hear stuff (including invisible dudes) through walls or something
>>
File: CATm^Chei 1.png (9KB, 456x119px) Image search: [Google]
CATm^Chei 1.png
9KB, 456x119px
>>158669563

I'm trying to win a cat of Chei but I can't YET
>>
Either food should be moved to the first column in crafting, or you should be able to flag certain recipes as favorites that appear at the top of all columns.

>have to press > twice for the most common craftables every time
No one crafts weapons nonstop. Ammo maybe but that's not first either.
>>
friday night
>>
>>158706713
should i order a pizza
>>
Tell me your top five Demon uniques (or five uniques of another game if you haven't played much of Demon).

Mine are, in mere alphabetical order:

Anzu
Charlie
Headless
Miodchaoin
Tlaloc
>>
>>158707062
Actaeon
Turdak
Midochan
Cocoa
Victor
>>
>Game has a huge problem where XP is infinite and everyone can pick up spells because of it.
>Devs proceed to make make MP infinite so there is even less of a reason to not pick up spells
>Removes a spell for being too powerful
????????????????
>>
>>158707061
yes

>>158707062
Stag
Snek
>>
File: 1388196257396.jpg (57KB, 599x539px) Image search: [Google]
1388196257396.jpg
57KB, 599x539px
>>158706713
>>
>>158707062
Reprobus
Baphomet
Miodchaoin
Artemis
Turdak
>>
>>158706713
What are we all doing on our Friday night? I'm sitting here trying to find a good deep sea documentary.
>>
>>158707062
Nodens
Zeus
J
Nyarlathotep
Typhoeus
>>
How do I use my second magazine in a kel-tec ksg?

The internal one.
>>
Does Demon have any enemies that use light skills with dark passives or the inverse?
>>
>>158707405

Crawl may have infinite exp but the more turncount you spend/waste, the lesser your score so it checks out. Haste takes too little of an investment to matter regardless of raceapt and has game design issues if you add drawbacks. Get this over your 2 (two) int MiBrain.
>>
YHWH unique when
Leviathan unique when
Mummy monk unique when

>>158707648
I'm watching Seinfeld.
>>
>>158707730
Nevermind, I found it.

(F) - Change attack mode.
>>
>>158707734
I think only Adria has such a movepool, and she's a hero so she can't be recruited.
>>
>>158707405
A spell that essentially all PCs must strive for is a no brainer and a bad design decision.
>>
>>158707790
>"balancing" with score penalties
almost as retarded as balancing with xp penalties tbqh senpai
>>
>>158707062
Headless and using revelation on it

>>158707405
Which game and spell?

>>158707730
Use F to switch fire modes until you find what you wanted if you're talking about Cata DDA

>>158707734
No idea off the top of my head. If it does it was popcorny enough that I didn't fear it.

>>158707870
Attatch a ten thousand hours in ms paint sketch of the demon

Link to article(s) on its myth

Name

Description

Flavor text

Spawn range

Immunities
Resists
Weaknesses

Stat block

Modifier

Abilities
>>
>play blue mage
>get meleed to death by a monster i'm waiting to try and learn spells from
i might be stupid guys
>>
>>158707648
Watching http://roosterteeth.com/show/camp-camp and eating mushroom rice and jalapeno tuna croquettes with a fat glass of sprite and melon liquor. Gonna splat more in maidensnow eve later. Game's fucking tough. Especially if you start to rely on vial cheese and get forced into extended combat.
>>
So to beat crawl I just
>Turn of all skills except weapons
>Train them up until min delay is reached
>Tab
>>
>>158707972

Can't you read? It's not just a matter of experience. Haste needs drawbacks but it can't since it'll be a berserk v.2.
>>
Are there any egyptian deities on Demon?
What about norse ones?
i cant remember
>>
How does one go about making a tileset work with poschengband? Assuming i could make such tileset, of course.
>>
>>158708824
I don't think there's any of either yet. The only Egyptian demon I can recall right now is the Scarab beetle, and none for Norse beings. I'd expect to see something added in the near future.
>>
>>158708648
i was comparing it to pcb race xp penalties senpai

>>158708850
turn back now
never speak of this subject again
>>
>>158680751
It's j-just a [WiP][CR]!
T-they will patch it!
>>
>>158708054
>Name
mumo
>Description
A mummy that punches shit and loves to column dance
>Flavor text
A deceased pharaoh, brought to unlife through an ancient foul curse. He wanders the tower, seeking a great relic that will undo his curse and ascend him to godhood. It appears as though he's taken a liking to your relic...
>Spawn range
T:20, guards the win portal
>Immunities
Dark, Body
>Resists
Impact, Ice, Mind
>Weaknesses
Slash, Fire, Light
>Stat block
Strength 100, Magic 4, Vitality 4, Agility 150, Cunning 50 >clever mumo
>Modifier
Ancient Foul Curse
Causes the target to swap living status (living -> undead, undead -> living). Gives Dark, Body immunity and Fire, Light weakness to fresh undead, invert these resists for fresh living
>Abilities
Double Impact
Swiftness
Evade Step
Fade
(Bonus)
Juggernaut
Diehard
Mind Reader
Lob Stone (don't tell dicks)
Holy Word (damages mumo when used)
>>
>>158709067
i hope ferret adds something thats not a valkirie.
valkiries are token norse deities, i'd prefer Surtr or another jötunn
a cthonic Jörmungandr sounds like auto-win and dank as fuck
>>
>>158709614
those immunities/resists/weaknesses are fucked up

>Immunities
Dark
>Resists
Physical
>Weaknesses
Fire, Light
>Modifier
Cursed
+ agility and strength, - vitality, grants dark immunity and fire weakness
>>
>>158709995
>implying you can poison a mumo
Also there's already a cursed modifier
>>
>>158709995
Oh shit there is already a cursed modifier

Well then Ancient/Scummy should work
>>
>no roguelike where everything is bees
>>
>>158710190
>tfw no scummy mummy
>>
>>158710139
Is there any current demon with two immunities?
Also, the mumo should be the boss of the new Tomb branch
>>
>>158710371
Aithir has 3 of them.
>>
>>158710371
I think Tlaloc has two immunities, but I only saw him once and didn't pay attention. Also Aithir like the other guy sad
>>
>>158710371
A few. Aithir is the earliest encountered demon with more than one immunity. Beyond that, I think only Ikiryo, Charlie, Slenderman, and Tlaloc have two or more immunities.

>>158710525
He has three.
>>
>>158710371
Scarab is amazing because it has light and dark as immunities, but only one weakness and it's impact.
>>
>>158710721
Ah, I forgot about it. It is the only multi-immune demon with one weakness, but that and its 130% speed make it kinda squishy in general. Still good, though.
>>
Come to think of it, how squishy would an aithir be if you gave it stormy? It'd only be weak to fire, and it would have two more resistances on top of its three immunities. Thankfully light dart more or less gives it less reason to be up close a lot of the time.
>>
File: thismess.png (51KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
thismess.png
51KB, 1680x1050px
3 Shocker Brutes and 2 Predators next to my bed.

A fucking Grappler slapped his noodle arms all over my solar farm just because even though he could reach me fine.

This refugee center just sits right in the middle of some major zombie highway apparently. Fuck.
>>
>>158702683
It can summon any W. I got assblasted by the 850' hunger wraith once.

>>158695569
More than anything, There's a lot of the commands listed in the ui of the menu's you're in so if your eyes skim over stuff you're cruisin' for a bruisin'.
A lot of people go years without learning to hit * in the look menu to lock an item in your inventory so you can't fatfinger and drop it or sell it as well as color code your perma gear so it's easier to tell what to sell.

>>158695142
Grenades are okay, heavy damage on the tile they're on and light damage in a radius of like 7 or something. Dynamite has a heavy radius the side of a small car and light circumfrence slightly bigger than your average large bedroom. IIRC it has a semi-randomized timer as well. Yo ucan siphon some gas, craft some long ropes from smashes bed rags, and smash/hacksaw some wire fencing/display racks for a lot of pipes and spend some time using pipe bombs. They're much easier to make a ton of since you don't need pilot lights.

Throw inactive grenades and dynamite in your spare time to get a feel for your effective range. Keep in mind that the timers are separate from your speed. So a speed:25 guy if gonna spend almost the whole timer trying to throw. Stat penalties and encumbrance penalties can and will affect the accuracy if your throw so don't feel too bad. Remember to take moderate painkillers at the start of the engagement as a 250 turn action at spd:50 or worse is agony.
>>
>>158692421
Anything without an obstructing cabin is shit. You don't want to wake up to a moose, bear, or a horde.Nail on some wood/cloth frames, roofs, and boards if you need it cheap cause you don't have a welder or at least sufficient batts. I think the wood door recipe finally got in too. You'll want to wood frame and nain in wood boxes, duct tape some steel frames for boxes, or weld in some cargo spaces to carry shit though leave at least one inside the cabin to hold guns and tools so if anything happens you got dakka to BRRRRRRRT as soon as the door/board gets smashed

>>158681719
The +4 morale books with high int and fast reader
The faster read time +2's are pretty small though and help you upkeep it if you're space challenged

>>158711079
Make a bunch of spiked pits outside, litter the inside with nailboard and bear traps and construct some bookcases outside to act as LoS blockers to reduce aggro angles at outside windows and to reduce beelines towards your solar farm until you can wood wall it off
>>
File: THEFUCKINGARSONIST.png (53KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
THEFUCKINGARSONIST.png
53KB, 1680x1050px
>>158711552
>>158711079
THE PIECE OF SHIT THREW A MOLOTOV NEXT TO MY GOD DAMN GAS TANKS.

Two seconds from rolling a psycho cannibal spiritualist and just eating all npcs.
>>
>>158711794
Oh, and the two things on fire in the image are two cargo carriers I had loaded to capacity with two-by-fours, nails, materials, etc.

Basically everything is on fire right there.
>>
>>158711794
Ha, he didn't even set the center on fire yet. Daily reminder to not leave big trails of combustibles leading to your highly flammable building Just wait until an NPC with an actual flamethrower comes and shits up the place

You can try wielding a weapon and talking to them. sometimes you get threaten/intimidate options. Do that, fail the check then kill them when it turns them hostile
>>
>>158711949
>Leaving stuff you care about by the frontlines
Well where else is there gonna be collateral damage if not there?
>>
>>158711949
based retard
as expected from an isometric tilefucker
>>
File: Onlymildlyannoyed.png (60KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Onlymildlyannoyed.png
60KB, 1680x1050px
>>158712096
>frontlines
This angle of the refugee center faces away from basically everything.

All the zombies actually come up from south east through the entire complex before they reach the front door.

The reason the arsonist is even out there is because a smoke zombie pushed him around all the way from where I'm standing now.

>>158712342
Get mad. Even though I'm losing my base, I'm still having fun. And I'm going to keep using isometric. Hope you stay awake at night chewing your lips till they bleed that there's someone out there enjoying a game in a way you don't like.
>>
>>158711949
As long as the cargo carrier doesn't get destroyed and spill things on the ground, your stuff inside is safe.

I think.
>>
>>158712443
I am so fucking mad right now you don't even know
>>
>>158712586
Lol.

see
>>158712443
They popped pretty quick. The arsonist was killed in the immediate explosion.
>>
>>158709706
But we need more waifus.

>>158710721
Having only one weakness is actually kind of bad because it limits fusion options. If its only weakness is a really shitty one, then there is no way to get rid of it.
>>
I've taken a break from roguelikes for about 3 weeks, anything new on crawl?
>>
>>158712660
Most good demons don't need expensive fusing not to suck.
Exceptions are things like nero.

1 physical weakness is pretty much perfect. Doubly so if it is not piercing, as only piercing has ranged attacks.
>>
IIRC only freybugs, akateko, and zars are only weak to light so they can never be redeemed.

>>158712872
There are a few ranged impact attacks, but they are all limited by the luck cooldown.
>>
>>158712872
>only piercing has ranged attacks.
what about the impact breath
>>
>>158713119
Oh yeah, that too. There's also wraith strike but it only shows up on a late and rare unique.
>>
>>158713045
>>158713119
doesn't slenderman have a non-luck ranged impact attack
>>
>>158713221
>>158713232
Slendermind.
>>
>acquire stag over that artememis slut
>realize my mistake
Check this shit out:
Dodge-based tank
With light and darkness weaknesses

What the fuck
>>
>>158712443
but you didn't bookcase it. So people and zombies saw, came, and conquered. sprint over there and splash some water fast.

>>158712696
Read the fucking changelog
>>
>>158713793
>splash water
Meh. I was getting bored of that location anyway. My car is fine. All of my ammo has already exploded. I saved all my recipe books and the ammo for my primary and secondary weapons. I have my car stripping tools, jerrypack, and hose in the car.

The fire has already subsided outside where my raw materials wear. Just collecting kevlar plates as it burns itself out along with the refugee center.
>>
>>158713682
>he fell for the deer tank meme
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 1233x684px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 1233x684px
>>158675596
Been slowly working on my own roguelike that's also in Python and libtcod. The tutorial is somewhat flawed (for one, everything's stuffed into a single file that's hard to manage) so I've been looking through other roguelikes implemented in the same language that are better coded.

My goal this week is to implement runes and inscribing runes to your tummy.

I've also been toying with the idea of selling a Japanese translation of the game to nips, but displaying Japanese on libtcod sounds like a nightmare.
>>
>>158707956
the real problem is crawl has over a dozen such spells
>>
>>158713947
Stag meme is about him being
>a fucking stag
It's the artememis that is a meme.

Stag is just shit
>>
>>158713682
If that were his only problems, you could fuse dark resist on and give him oppressor.

Sadly they aren't.
>>
>>158708648
have haste give you red glow

>>158709178
>i was comparing it to pcb race xp penalties senpai
crawl has those too btw
>>
>>158714159
There's also the mind weakness.
But if he didn't have
undodgeable
weaknesses
as a dodge tank
He could be salvaged by just using him as high hp dodger that avoids getting hit due to turdak-style dance bullshit.
>>
>>158708574
yes but you forgot step 1, pick gargoyle
>>
>>158713682
They're both shit, only good for the EXP and dosh. Deer tank is a mediocre frontliner who gets melted at range and artememis is an even more mediocre backliner who is mostly just useless. Just do the encounter and leave.
>>
>>158714076
Momiji better be defeatable only with headpats.
>>
>>158714436
Clearly the hat grants her resistance to head-based attacks.
>>
>>158714247
crawl doesnt have races that take 3.5x as much grinding as humans
>>
>>158713793
Yeah I was asking because I didn't want to read the changelog. I already did it anyways, but I'm happy you got to stroke yourself by acting angry on the internet
>>
>>158714568
thankfully
>>
>>158714568
It's feature, makes you really appreciate how much boredom is involved when you play a race that lives for centuries
>>
>>158714587
I ain't acting. I'm fucking pissed.
>>
>>158714436
She can only be damaged by the ability: Snibber Snabber that can only be gifted by the Krispy Krab King under the condition that you haven't killed any lifegivers in the tower and its branches and your initial kill order went violent violent solid solid frigid frigid Profane Cunning Profane Cunning Holy Vile
>>
File: invisibloat.png (315KB, 1275x676px) Image search: [Google]
invisibloat.png
315KB, 1275x676px
invisibility is overrated
>>
>>158716794
>tfw ywn be this stupid
Shit smarts my man.
>>
File: webuild.png (73KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
webuild.png
73KB, 1680x1050px
Long road ahead. But thankfully I'm autistic enough to clean up this whole place and make it livable again.

Going to start my own refugee center now, bitch.

>there's the one guy behind some reinforced glass that managed to avoid all interaction with the catastrophe that befell the center
Anyone know if their little story about the bottom floor being shoot on sight is true or if it's a bullshit way to put in elevators that don't work? Is there a basement to the refugee center at all?
>>
>>158716968

Enlighten me on what would your Pro Gamer™ self do in this situation
>>
>>158717227
not be next to two dire elephants as chei cat for one
>>
>>158717439

Elephants push chars. Are you new?
>>
>>158716794
I could find a better use for that engorged blade if you know what I'm saying
>>
>>158717227
Not pick chei on Fe. Not pick Tm on Fe. Realize that the elephant vault isn't safe for a garbage race like Fe and do something else. Step.
>>
>>158716794
>>158717227
>Be a Chei cat
>Not recognizing the elephant vault
>Not just walking away, considering your character strengths
fault
>>
>>158717548
how did you get pushed *there* unless you were being a dumbass

most faults take more than a single term

also why the fuck do you have haste pots
>>
>>158717056
>Is there a basement to the refugee center at all?
Nope.
>>
>>158717652

by being on that 1x1 corridor obviously
>>
File: 1.jpg (410KB, 1834x985px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
410KB, 1834x985px
no
>>
Are vine stalkers the best designed race?
>neat flavor
>both meaningful advantages and disadvantages
>manages to make bad apts not tedious
>probably the most thorough application of racial abilities
>breathes fresh air into UC by making it optimal for once
>>
>>158718116
>UC being optimal for once
I don't think there is any one "optimal" weapon, in a sense that one is better than another if you consider how they mesh with a character's wants and resources.
>>
>>158716794
>>158718049
I can't tell who's more retarded
>>
>>158718275
No, it's just that UC by itself is not optimal for anyone who doesn't have claws or trains transmutations. As in, there's literally always a better option unless you have extraordinarily bad rng and didn't get any good weapons

It's good for vine stalkers because it means their bite gets to trigger more often
>>
>>158718116
>>breathes fresh air into UC by making it optimal for once
troll?
>>
>>158718116

The most retarded dev in Crawl only has 15 rune wins on Vine Stalkers. They need a nerf
>>
>>158718116
they have a nice balance in that they're kind of fragile but also long-lasting in fights - you rarely have to run away to regain hp/mp

>>158718665
gr, mi, tr, maybe ha are stronger but vs is up there
>>
>>158718464
UC can be optimal if your start is one that doesn't mind investing more than normal into a weapon skill, or one that wishes to use shields. You get potential bonuses that other starts do not in blade hands and other transmutation spells, and in general you scale very well into mid-endgame. Freedom from floor god and weapon enchanting is both a boon and a curse, but not without merit.
>>
>>158718665
No they don't

Using this logic all strong races should be nerfed until winrate is roughly homogenous across the board, which is an extremely arbitrary measurement when the purpose of the fucking game is to make people have fun, not to provide a balanced e-sport experience. And as it stands vine stalkers are among the most fun races. Minotaurs should be changed before vine stalkers are touched with a 10 foot pole, and those shouldn't be tampered with either

Besides: All the devs are reasonably experienced players, and therefore don't represent the average user or even the average active player
>>
>>158718745

Vs is stronger than Trolls because of more aux slots and the ability to not be AC handicapped early game. Halflings are mere manlets that only has rMut going for them and nothing else
>>
>>158718759
>not optimal for anyone who doesn't have claws or trains transmutations
>>
>>158719027
UC is the best weapon with shields. Its almost like UC fighter is a start.
>>
>>158718947
Halflings have phenomenal apts and small race bonuses. rMut is not one of their main appeals. It used to be they were HE but (much) better, now they're the fun size tablord race
>>
>>158718947
trolls have significantly more health and damage output, a couple of ac points does not matter
>>
>>158718947
halfling is the low-key overpowered race when you don't want to get bullied but still want 45/35/25 defenses with good hp and magic
>>
>>158719164

Their fighting apt is mediocre, their transmutations (-4)/necromancy (-2) apt is abysmal. Just because they have manlet EV that could wear heavy armour doesn't mean they're ever relevant. They're a small rank above Humans and that is already being generous.
>>
>>158719490
>lichform

also humans are good
>>
>>158719553
Humans aren't good, they're boring. That's the whole point.
>>
>>158719846
Humans are a good race though.

>>158719553
This anon is correct.
>>
>If you’re looking for people to play with, you can find them in the Tavern, reddit, Something Awful, or our IRC channel ##crawl on Freenode.
/rlg/ BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>158719971
we don't want them here
>>
>>158719171

Mana for Vs counts as health and they can recover it per attack. Combine that with AC and you have a superior version of Trolls. The exp needed to get the full "Hp pool" of Vs takes longer though
>>
>>158719971
what game
>>
>>158719995
>The exp needed to get the full "Hp pool" of Vs takes longer though
this happens outside of "early game"
>>
>>158719971

>play with
>multiplayer

not a roguelike
>>
>>158719995
> a superior version of Trolls
Trolls entire point is to make the early game stupidly easy
VS always risk getting oneshot by an orc priest walking into view
>>
>humans are good meme again
Cant wait for them to be one of the least won races outside of nemelex choices again
>>
>>158720169
Thats because most people decide on a way to play before even picking their species/background, meanwhile humans are meant to change their playstyle depending on the items they find in the dungeon giving extremely high flexibility
>>
>>158719995
>superior trolls
>The orc priest smites you!!
>Ouch, that really hurt!
>You die...
>>
>>158720169
they're not shitter bait like minotaur or gargoyle but not bad enough to be fun like mummy tengu or naga
>>
File: 1477425544547.jpg (112KB, 625x833px) Image search: [Google]
1477425544547.jpg
112KB, 625x833px
>>158720002
Come on, man. You're better than this.
>>
>>158720269
Tengu, Draconians and Formicid can do all that too
>>
File: waaat.png (16KB, 781x161px) Image search: [Google]
waaat.png
16KB, 781x161px
>>
Reminder that there is literally no reason NOT to play an Elf in any TRUE Tolkein-band or roguelike. all Elves are jesus
>>
>>158720432
humans are strictly better than tengu and formicid is a challenge/gimmick race. draconicans have limited slots but are otherwise kind of similar
>>
Do people really enjoy playing with spirit shield
>>
>>158720543
>Formicid
>gimmick race
They're really good though.

>>158720565
I literally use it as often as I can. Best hat, best amulet. Bear spirit is my hatfu.
>>
>>158720086
>>158720345

>mfw you'll never be so bad to splat a vinestalker against popcorn
>>
>>158720565
it's the best amulet aside from maybe reflection (because you can get spirit shield on a hat)
>>
>>158720543
>formicid is a challenge/gimmick race
wtf m8
>>
>>158720002
hmm, what game could belong to the "crawl" channel on freenode
it is a mystery
i suppose we will never truly know
>>
>>158720608
yeah but they're not straightforward
>>
Formicid are degenerate and will be removed together wth wand of digging
>>
>>158720715

ur mother was straightforward to me in bed last night
>>
File: formicidshitpost.png (33KB, 551x425px) Image search: [Google]
formicidshitpost.png
33KB, 551x425px
>>158720715
>Race where you can use any weapon with shields
>You lose tele, but gain infinite digging
>Shields give incentive to 1v1 dudes more than normal
>Digging lets you 1v1 dudes more than normal
You fucking what?
>>
Is crawl the only roguelike that actually has the player reach quasi immortality to the threats of the game
>>
>>158720852
how is that not a gimmick race? they have their entire own style of play
>>
>>158720860
No.
>>
>>158720860

Crawl doesn't do that. Proof is that you can splat against a greater mummy pack in Tomb in 1 (one) fatfinger
>>
>>158720902
My point is that they're straightforward as fuck. In my mind, a gimmick race is one like felid or octopodes who have crippling deficiencies and don't really give you much of a direction other than "get lucky and wear rings" or "You can die a bunch with your shitty cat body". Formicid is just a tablord who can dig.
>>
>>158720902

>preference to 1v1'ing is own style

A MiBe does that often. A GrBe does that often.
>>
>>158716794
If they know where you are which they do by then, it's basically just -8 to-hit or whatever.As soon as you saw there wasn't a book, you should have teleported out
>Didn't even close doors so fagphants aren't restricted to their containment vault
>Didn't step from time
>Didn't read vuln and bend time if you insisted on retarded shit like doing the dire elephant duo early
>Didn't read shadows
>Presumably didn't acid for al ittle corrosion cause your acid wands aren't id'd

>>158720860
Sil, Infra Arcana, brogue, CDDA, PCB, E+, demon, net and dynahack
>>
/msg Sequell !lg * playable s=crace / win o=%
45116/5788719 games for * (playable):
2050/104689x Deep Dwarf [1.96%],
1082/73782x Halfling [1.47%],
1221/85606x Centaur [1.43%],
3380/246834x Gargoyle [1.37%],
5201/408310x Minotaur [1.27%],
987/83566x Ghoul [1.18%],
2328/220513x Hill Orc [1.06%],
1612/153482x Vine Stalker [1.05%],
1579/162027x Ogre [0.97%],
1546/163232x Naga [0.95%],
1722/187702x Merfolk [0.92%],
1735/197467x Troll [0.88%],
924/108737x Felid [0.85%],
971/115880x Demigod [0.84%],
1258/163391x Formicid [0.77%],
1166/158570x Kobold [0.74%],
1832/287547x Draconian [0.64%],
>1177/185778x Human [0.63%],
1665/273763x Spriggan [0.61%],
1040/174275x Tengu [0.60%],
993/169745x Vampire [0.58%],
1423/270706x High Elf [0.53%],
1276/247052x Mummy [0.52%],
3760/738477x Demonspawn [0.51%],
1960/481622x Deep Elf [0.41%],
1228/325966x Octopode [0.38%]

>humans
>good
thanks for topping my kek off lads
>>
>>158720902
You're pretty likely to have dig/disint by lair or in lair and then you use it on non-popcorn
>>
Is Vehumet shit? Getting spells takes forever and they're pathetic for the longest time, his MP regain sucks until you have something like fire storm, one tile of extra range for spells is just ayy and 33% spell failure is useful for like one exp level.

Why would a caster ever pick something other than Sif or a god with actual survival options like Dith?
>>
>>158721049
losing a bunch of powerful regular options to get yourself out of trouble/win fights and get new ones exclusive to your species fits my definition of gimmick
>>
>>158720860
Nethack, angband, any variant of either, why am I responding to some retard who has only ever played DCSS? No idea.
>>
>>158721212
According to that list spriggan are trash
>>
>>158721159
Dragons can really fuck you up in Brogue no matter how powerful you are, unless you have a renewable source of fire immunity or negation.
>>
>>158721212
least played, second highest winrate behind the stupidly broken deep dwarf. halfling haters btfo
>>
>>158721212
Most human plays are people that don't know better
Most human wins are gudplayers

>>158721263
range is gud for earth shit. mp is nice for the lower level aoe's as well. Doesn't take a turn unlike CBoE/staff and it's instant unlike sif
>>
>>158721369
70% hp and 1 (one) life
spriggans are shit
>>
>>158721212

More like the typical """"Online Player"""" of Crawl is trash. Jesus Christ

>3380/246834x Gargoyle [1.37%]

lmao
>>
>tfw you have to play vampires for greater player
talk about a really shitty race
>>
>>158721369
humans better than spriggans confirmed
>>
>>158721497
Just evoke your feet
>>
>>158721418
And other cheese.
>>
>>158721465
I'm not too familiar with Sequell commands, so if anyone wants to modify the command to give a better result, go for it.

>>158721556
Didn't elliptic's huge winstreak end because he got assguttered as a spriggan?
>>
>>158721212
FELID CONFIRMED PERFECTLY AVERAGE
>>
>>158721556

evoking feet is gay
>>
>>158721590
I think he got shafted 3 floors and got wrecked.
>>
>>158721590
>Didn't elliptic's huge winstreak end because he got assguttered as a spriggan?
max damage roll bolt of draining vs no rN
Spriggan enchanter is still his favorite choice
>>
>>158721212
>1960/481622x Deep Elf [0.41%],
people really need to stop recommending DEFE to new players
>>
>>158721212

How the hell did Octopodes get that low of a winrate? They're not that hard to win consistently
>>
>>158721590
http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/elliptic/morgue-elliptic-20150425-132542.txt
rN+ is bloat, remove when?
>>
>>158721758
You have 1 AC
>>
You closely miss the deep elf death mage.
The deep elf death mage is almost dead.
The deep elf death mage is infused with unholy energy.
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
The deep elf death mage draws life force from you and is healed!
Drink which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
You feel much better.
Enter note: um
Casting: Haste
Confirm with . or Enter, or press ? or * to list all spells.
You feel a surge of power! You blink.
The deep elf death mage points at you and mumbles some strange words.
The bolt of negative energy misses you.
Casting: Blink
Confirm with . or Enter, or press ? or * to list all spells.
You feel a surge of power! You blink.
The deep elf death mage casts a spell at you.
The bolt of negative energy hits you! You feel drained.
You die...
Kikubaaqudgha rasps: "You have failed me! Welcome... death!"
>>
>>158721758
extremely fragile early game with nothing to compensate for it
>>
>>158721758
It has a cool gimmick that draws newbs in. Newbs are bad.
>>
>>158721832
Actually constrict pretty much trivializes the first 5 floors
>>
>>158721889
actually 1 ac/12 ev pretty much trivializes your fragile octopus life
>>
>>158721805
Why didn't he just confuse hinm
>>
Formicid are pretty much the best beginner species since it doesnt teach you badhabits like MiBe
>>
>Not using the species that is the most fun to play

I'd rather have a good time and lose than quit out of boredom
>>
>>158722157
Well that certainly never is Hu
>>
File: 1463493348183.jpg (28KB, 444x399px) Image search: [Google]
1463493348183.jpg
28KB, 444x399px
>>158721658
>>
Death's Door + ________ = Complete immortality

Fill in the blanks

I'm thinking Sanctuary or maybe Step From Time
>>
>>158722293
Step from time pauses buff and debuff durations
>>
>>158722293
borg obviously
>>
>>158722293
does casting ddoor under zin get you excommunicated or just reduce piety
>>
>>158722348
penance
>>
>>158722348
you get penance which means no sanctuary
>>
File: uhh ohhh xddd.png (516KB, 1273x676px) Image search: [Google]
uhh ohhh xddd.png
516KB, 1273x676px
>>158721795

Yes, and? AC doesn't matter if you get a lot of resists/stats flexibility (that includes AC) in exchange
>>
>>158722342
rip stasis
>>
>>158722342
Isn't para basically a death sentence?
>>
>>158722342
>tfw no stasis
>>
>>158722219

Hunters?
>>
>>158722518
Cockytits bypasses AC regardless

It's mostly just a problem for the first 20 floors when you're filling an approaching wyvern with magic darts
>>
>>158722293

Step From Time could fuck up and kill you as soon as Step From Time is over unless you're in a typical FoFi^Chei killhole
>>
Sacrifice Fighting on Ru fucking when? Give me my very incredible sacrifice already.
>>
>>158722882
What about gating yourself to the abyss on the same turn that DD ends? Does that give you a free turn to heal and shit in the abyss or do you just get ganked by starscreaming masses?
>>
>tournament next week
>completely burnt out still from the last
>>
>>158724425
fvck cravvl
>>
>>158725119
watch your dang language
>>
>>158675213
What game? Looks like a *band
>>
>>158722293

Death's Door + Tummy = Rape scene
>>
>>158722293
DChan
>>
>>158721159

I teleported out but I need xp that's why I'm several tiles away from the vault. Thinking about it now, I could have just spammed sticks to snakes and dealt the killing blow
>>
>>158716794
>blade hands
>as felid
>and he uses invis
Are you fucking retarded? Besides, when you use invis on a tile move away a few tiles and change direction, i noticed that monsters usually guess where you are first few turns if when you invis
>>
Will NPCs still spawn if I use the no monsters mod in C:DDA?
>>
>>158727015

You're retarded. Bladehands deal the most damage when you only have the starting book especially with Cheistats.
>>
>>158727056
Yes
Apparently man isn't the real monster this time.
>>
>>158727116
I know about the damage, but you realise using blade hands on felids turns your legs into actual blades which gives stealth penalty of 50 or 150 and makes invis practically useless?
>>
>>158727132
They were the one to invite in cthulhu blobs tho
>>
>>158727132
Great
I finally get to play a non-DF serial killer roguelike
>>
>>158727150

-Hit rate is the appeal of Invisibility in this situation, not stealth
>>
>>158726527
poschengband m8
>>
>>158726527
It's shit don't play it
>>
>>158726527
It's great you should play it
>>
What's the current version for Elona+ English? Or the most recent one with a "good" custom.
>>
>Rivet trying to talk Coolthulhu back into allowing the unstoppable super Mi-Go.
My dislike for her is increasing.
>>
>>158718464
>It's good for vine stalkers because it means their bite gets to trigger more often
It does not.
>>
>>158721263
Vehumet is fucking gret.
>>
>>158728234
.5 mindelay on UC, so it'll trigger more often than a .7 delay weapon

but that ain't until 27 skill...
>>
>>158728414
Well its certainly better in the early game too since it starts at 1.0 instead of 1.4
>>
Reminder that they actually buffed vinestalkers a month ago
>>
>>158726895
No, no you fucking don't. XP per monsters climbs as you go deeper. You don't need to take on two dire elephants at the same fucking time right before orc and lair branches or you'll "fail" your run.
>>
>>158729191
dire elephanzts are as much xp as orc warlords tho
>>
>vinestalker bite actually scales with XL and fighting
wtf why
>>
>>158727662
Wiki

>>158729241
Yeah, fucking nothing. Certainly not worth killing yourself for immediately.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAJJJJ.png (252KB, 1274x678px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAJJJJ.png
252KB, 1274x678px
>>158729191

haha who cares I won the RNG lottery at last. This time, I will really kill everyone for dat dank freexp
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-29+at+02.48.36).jpg (239KB, 1817x988px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-29+at+02.48.36).jpg
239KB, 1817x988px
>this was the only set of stairs down
>>
>poor old mummyman
>you tuck your wrists away
>playing the new fotm now
>evening will follow day
>>
I haven't played crawl in a long time. Did they fix the issue with summoning being super tedious and spoilery?
>>
>>158730454
I don't know how it was "tedious" and "spoilery" before. Now the game gives you a 50% XP penalty and doesn't tell you, makes your guys become unable to fight back outside of line of sight and doesn't tell you, and adds a summoning cap and thankfully DOES tell you (though you'd know either way).

I ignore summoning except for a few points so I can get lightning spire (if I'm going air) or at higher levels, the best summoning spell in the game -- spellforged servitor.
>>
File: war axe maybe.png (165KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
war axe maybe.png
165KB, 1600x900px
This rune has gone incredibly smoothly so far. Do I dump all my Enchants on the war axe?
>>
>>158730780
So they haven't fixed it.
>>
File: nyaatab nyaatab.png (379KB, 1275x677px) Image search: [Google]
nyaatab nyaatab.png
379KB, 1275x677px
I always knew cats had some serious otabbing potential
>>
>>158730454
They "fixed" it by adding a god that gives you a permanent companion
>>
>>158731521
Everything can otab with chei, but tavern shitters will tell you otherwise
>>
File: jesus fucking christ.png (65KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
jesus fucking christ.png
65KB, 1600x900px
>>158730798
The answer was "yes"
>>
>>158730798
>>158732582
>ruining brogues wonderful ascii with tiles
>>
File: 1472398374997.gif (572KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1472398374997.gif
572KB, 500x353px
Thread's almost over. Post tums.
>>
>>158732374

Pre-statue/dragonform is abysmal though unlike if you're an DrTm/OpTm^Chei. This hp penalty is beyond help
>>
>>158733120
tease
>>
Is /rlg/ going to have a good team for the tournament?
>>
File: 1473880810163.gif (103KB, 540x392px) Image search: [Google]
1473880810163.gif
103KB, 540x392px
>>158733467
>>
>>158733120
Pedophilia hurts children
>>
>>158734643
Tummies are NOT pedo
>>
File: 20080901-214757.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
20080901-214757.png
9KB, 300x300px
>>158734680
>>
File: 1427333386772.gif (496KB, 304x253px) Image search: [Google]
1427333386772.gif
496KB, 304x253px
>>158734827
>>
>>158730454
More and stronger summon spells with more dynamic than hits harder or lasts longer. But it's still a nerf cause of summon caps, they wont attack shit out of your LoS, unsummon on stair change and other shit. If you get decent books you can totally rock a DESu of sif pretty hard.

For example, one time I got the ogre Orc:2 ending. I started chewing into it with a canine familiar warg, 3 frost/shadow imps, 3 ice beasts, 4 harpies and a lindwurm, the treewalker guy and 4 snaplasher vines, a lightning spire shooting electric bolts and a guardian golem that partially absorbed damage taken by allies then exploded in the entryway dropping flame clouds. Then I started dropping hydras then replacement summons once I got in range At one point I was being attacked by all directions as orcs came from elsewhere. It was an amazing experience

>>158731521
It's the form and god more than the species.
>>
File: tfw u forget about negation.png (111KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tfw u forget about negation.png
111KB, 1600x900px
I know I faulted hard, but I'm still going to be bitter about it
>>
File: gey.png (9KB, 201x32px) Image search: [Google]
gey.png
9KB, 201x32px
>>
>>158736231
le dicks missing meme
>>
What makes a good crawl player?
>>
>>158736970
Coping with loss
>>
>>158736970
Excluding every tile you step on so you know its trap and shaft free, not using autoexplore, and walking on the red X's.
Using Hexes to their utmost potential and spamming confusion a bunch of times, its a broke as fuck OP death ray.
Taking as long as it takes to get the job done.
>>
>>158736970

No bloat.
>>
File: brogue is a balanced roguelike.png (143KB, 1141x813px) Image search: [Google]
brogue is a balanced roguelike.png
143KB, 1141x813px
>>
>>158739108
atleast you dont lose much
>>
What do you guys prefer
>relatively short roguelikes (rogue, crawl, brogue)
>really long roguelikes (every *band)
>open ended roguelikes (DDA, unrealworld, Elona+)
>>
>>158739696
I prefer fun roguelikes
>>
>>158739629
No, no, they're not going to kill me. They're going to join me for free. Nagas are some of the best allies available in the whole dungeon, outside of exceptional endgame finds.
And usually you need to fight nasty flaming salamanders, to free them. But the game just gave me 2 for free, which is going to make the next 7 floors a breeze, at the very least.
So basically I'm complaining about being too lucky. Which will stop once I get thoroughly destroyed I guess.
>>
>>158739696

Long and fun roguelikes with lots of features but those features aren't hidden (like Nethack).
>>
>>158739696
Open ended
>>
*sigh*
>>
NEW THREAD WHEN
>>
>>158704623
Literally press 'f'. It's faster than browsing for something even if food was first.
>>
>NOT
>A
>SINGLE
>POTION
>OF
>CURE
>MUTATION
Thanks for removing rMut devs
>>
>>158740783
Why did they remove rMut?
>>
>>158740861
Binary item
You fight mutators? You put it on
You dont fight them? You take it off
>>
>>158736970
A cute tummy!
>>
>>158740890
That doesn't seem bad to me

Equipping different items for different fights is a thing in other roguelikes
>>
page 10
>>
>>158740783
just dive pan and spawn multiple angel floors or ziggs
>>
>>158740950

That is scummy and abhorrent anon, why do you insist on letting scummy features stay?
>>
>>158736970

butt!
>>
>>158740950
switching to different gear for different strategies is interesting (do i equip this rare gun and waste ammo to kill this abomination, or stick to the plan and pepper it with cheap bullets until it dies?)
switching to different gear because it's shitty in every occasion except ONE where it provides total immunity is tedious. (even brogue does this: it forces you to unequip items when dealing with acid mounds; the option to fight them normally and degrade your stuff is so shitty it might as well not exist.) it just adds tedium (r-d r-b, bump a bunch of times, e-b e-d, repeat every encounter).
>>
dcss is still the best roguelike currently being developed
>>
why the FUCK do frost giants wield swords of flaming now
>>
>>158741789
Brogue exists

Demon exists
>>
>>158742134
demon is hardly a roguelike with its pokey-man crap
brogue is oversimplified and therefore very boring garbage
>>
>>158742282
>>158742282
>>158742282
It's about time.

>>158742120
lolwut
That can happen?
>>
>>158742304
Try actually playing brogue
>>
File: shikinami.webm (813KB, 1530x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shikinami.webm
813KB, 1530x1080px
>>158733120
Thread posts: 782
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.