[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris and 4X Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 763
Thread images: 125

File: FreeTibet.png (2MB, 1375x1013px) Image search: [Google]
FreeTibet.png
2MB, 1375x1013px
YNAEMP Edition

>Stellaris OP
http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
http://pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Some mods for Civilization V
http://pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread: >>153544805
>>
Are there mods for SMAX? Which are the best ones?
>>
can the ai move and shoot in civ6?

or is that still too hard to do for firaxis?:^)
>>
File: this is my thinking face.jpg (8KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
this is my thinking face.jpg
8KB, 300x240px
>be chilling out in my empire
>suddenly warmongers declare war on me
>defend my empire and my world by capturing their cities and wiping them out
>somehow I'M the bad guy
>>
>>153746632
>defend my empire and my world by capturing their cities and wiping them out
>and wiping them out
>somehow I'M the bad guy

Yeah dumbass, it's called genocide.
>>
>>153746632
Think of it like this: if somebody kicks you in the shins, strangling them to death for it will cause people to be wary of you.
>>
>>153746482
turboSMAC
>>
File: Crystal.jpg (29KB, 498x505px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal.jpg
29KB, 498x505px
What is the perfect balance of basic resources in 4x games?

Just money and materials or production like Civ and Stellaris?
Extremely long list of very specific materials like gold, copper, specific gases such as in Distant worlds?

What's a good in between?
>>
>>153747334
Gold, Stone,Wood, meat.
>>
>>153747334
I'd say 4 ressources is okay.
A "normal" ressources that is always needed to create units (food), a basic building ressources needed for low-tier buildings and basic military units (wood), advanced ressource that is fairly rare but can be used for all advanced stuff (gold), and an advanced building ressource only used for defense/wonders (stone) is the best balance in my opinion.

Games with only one ressources like 8-bits army are usually shit and shallow, games with two ressources are more about balancing ressources, games with 3-4 ressources allow interesting strategies.
>>
>>153747334
I think the least you can do is go with production that decreases time like in civ, aow, mom, and presumably others.

Gold is good, but not necessary for upkeep of units.
Civ2 had gold for building upkeep, and had no upkeep for units. Units siphoned production from their home city depending on government.
1 shield for every unit over 3 if you were Monarchy/Communism/Despotism. Over 10 if you were Fundamentalist.
Every unit if you were Rebuplic/Democracy.

AoW had production, gold upkeep and a gold cost of producing the unit. I think that works, but at least 1-2 didn't have a lot of infrastructure or economic build up of cities.

Production "Resource"+Gold+Strategic Resource is fine.
But I think I'd prefer Production+Gold+Strategic+Material X+Material Y+etc.
>>
>>153747334
>Extremely long list of very specific materials like gold, copper, specific gases such as in Distant worlds?
This.
>>
>>153747763
>Civ2 had gold for building upkeep, and had no upkeep for units. Units siphoned production from their home city depending on government.

This seems cool as shit.

Why can't this be the current civ model? It also prevents you from just cranking out a million units in a single capital city, while still giving interesting alternatives for tall/small empires (small empires can produce more units but their cities will be devastated during, meanwhile tall cities can have a few units but will still chug along)
>>
>>153749746
It's a pain in the dick to have per-city maintenance and it doesn't model modern armies very well. A modern nation-state's army isn't really supported by a dozen cities, it's sort of supported by one or two cities (which themselves are usually just a civilian sprawl attached to a military base in some capacity) with the rest of the cities sending material / manpower.

It's also not really accurate for pre-modern warfare, since even though military units were supported by cities, they also sort of supported themselves through looting.
>>
>Bought Stellaris last night
>Created my own Transhuman Nation
>Playing until 13:00 today, no sleep, no breakfast
>Tried to liberate my closest neighbouring system
>Similar fleet size, but engaging their spaceport first was a terrible idea
>Lost fleet during several retreats and the enemy kept spawning ships at a ludicrous rate
>Had to evacuate with a colony ship and a handful of civilian ships beyond the frontier of my other neighbour (almost 90% similar to me, except being a molluscoid)
>The enemy liberated my homeworlds and they are allied together
>Now I'm rebuilding and perhaps raising another pre-space civilization to help me

I love this game, despite of the bugs

I wish I could have fighted till my homeworlds were destroyed. Better fighting one enemy than two.
>>
Paradox game are on sale this weekend. Which one is better, the original warlock or warlock 2 ? They both cost the same price but warlock 2 have a lot of negative review.
>>
>>153750647
Stopped caring about warlock after I saw the first video of it.
First I heard something about "spiritual successor to master of magic", but then it just looked like magic fantasy civ5.
>>
File: help.png (199KB, 929x430px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
199KB, 929x430px
how does this work? i have higher tourism but on deity don't know if this effects it, do i just hope the celts pick freedom or switch now?

disadvantages of picking ideology first...
>>
Anyone know how Anomalies function?

Are they all generated at the start and then you have a chance to discover them?

Do they spawn if you just roll well enough with your scientist while surveying?
>>
>>153751150
Higher tourism doesn't matter.

What matters is your tourism/culture modifer versus theirs.

So if you are both Exotic to eachother.
There's no change.
If they are Exotic to you, and you are Unknown to them.
Then you suffer.

I assume they've had Tourism push at you for longer and only recently got #2 in tourism?

I don't remember the cut offs, maybe 10% for exotic?

So when you've accumulated(over all turns that you have been in contact with them) Tourism equal to 10% of their accumulated(over all turns period) culture, then you'll be Exotic with them.

So essentially it's YourTourism/TheirCulture vs TheirTourism/YourCulture, but stratified.
>>
>>153750783
It look like civ with better combat, with the few video I saw I think it's spending 6€ to try it. Look like the second one have a lot of balance issue so I'll try the first one I think.
>>
Would you consider it unethical to colonize the moon of a pre ftl species?
Unethical to even colonizing their system?
>>
Did anyone here try polaris sector?
>>
>>153752696
planet in their system no, moon maybe, depends how far along they are. If they have left orbit, then moon: yes.
>>
>>153752696
Well, I wouldn't say that colonizing any land that isn't already claimed by that species is really unethical
But something like an FTL ayy colonizing Eris would definitely be a bit of a concern to us
Likewise, ayys mining the asteroid belt would also be fairly alarming, and colonizing our Moon would be enough to start a war, though I'd imagine we'd make our own claims to various parts of the solar system long before it even gets to that point anyway
>>
The Erresëa Assembly needs to expand
Purple = My Territory
White = Unclaimed Space with habitable planets, but they're too far away, at best like 800-900 influence to colonize.

I have 3 species.
Continental, Ocean and Arid.
I don't have mutants yet so I could land with my main species on a Tropical, Arctic or Desert world and get new species with that habitat.
Or just mod them when they land but that's not as fun.

Orange is risky since there's a xenophobic fallen empire up there.
Would be nice to terraform those to arid mining worlds.
My Arid Species are uplifted proles.
>>
theres already a first almost EXPANSION for stellaris coming, any idea when release?
>>
>>153751234
If you are talking about Stellaris, your scientific leader can increase the chance of discovery if he has the proper perk.
>>
File: ExpansionOptions.png (2MB, 1976x1252px) Image search: [Google]
ExpansionOptions.png
2MB, 1976x1252px
>>153754408
>>
>>153752696
My phylosophy is observing ancient civilizations, perhaps industrial too, and raising atomic age and modern civilizations. They already have their moral values given their history.
>>
>>153754470
Doesn't really answer the question.
>>
>>153754705
Yeah, but that's the closest to answer it. You can't see the anomalies but that's the only way to increase the chances of discovery.
>>
>>153752838
Personally my view is that a races home system is really the only thing they're entitled to by right. Everything else is, essentially, up for grabs. There's only two ways you can go about colonising a sentient species home system ethically (short of full on invasion Caveman vs Lasers style)

>1 Guardian Angel
Generally only ethical (in my opinion, not from a mechanic stance) for any civilization at the pre-industrial stage. The rest of the system is yours for all intents and purposes. You do not intend to uplift this race, be it adverse ethics or a non-intervention belief, the resources/colony is simply a trade-off for you ensuring this young race continues its development without the risk of falling prey to the myriad dangers of cosmic fate or power hungry empires.

> Beneficent Older Brother
Really only viable if they share values not diametrically opposed to your own.

Colonise the system and establish mining posts as permissible. Uplift the race to join you on the galactic stage. Once trust has built up enough you gift the system to them.

If the colony is by this point major (14+ tiles or something) perhaps an alternative recompense is to transfer them another system.
>>153753709
How would we feel if we discovered such operations have been going on undetected since we split the atom?
>>
>>153754991
Well, stealth in space is pretty much nonexistent
So unless they somehow have a way of doing that, which might not be entirely unreasonable given that they're assumed to have FTL technomagic anyway, there's no way we wouldn't know that the solar system's already crawling with ayys
And even with technomagic radiation cloaking shit, there's still no way they could touch the Moon or Mars without us knowing
>>
>>153755364
>Well, stealth in space is pretty much nonexistent
Small probes hidden behind meteors.

Meteor showers are ayynvasions.
>>
>>153755507
Well, a typical meteor shower, probably not
But the Chelyabinsk meteor could be a possibility

Though, now that I think about it, it would probably be pretty difficult to detect any satayylites that are in low Solar orbit, as long as there aren't too many of them
>>
Which tech gives you Teldar Plant?
>>
File: UndergroundVault.png (832KB, 1610x724px) Image search: [Google]
UndergroundVault.png
832KB, 1610x724px
Cool
>>
If I've never played either before, should I try out Sword of the Stars II or Complete?
>>
>>153758297
2 seems to be regarded as utter shit for some reason, although I've never tried it myself. The first is very good though.
>>
>>153758392
I know it's regarded that way, but I was under the impression that it got better after launch.
>>
>>153758297
THE FIRST
>>
>>153758297
>>153758392
>>153758453

Complete.

2's just broken in ways that are not engaging; poor UI, bad economy, AI that bankrupts itself, gamecrashing bugs forever. It actually almost sort of got better before the expansion and then it just fell down the gutter.

It does have a shiny engine and I almost wish there was just a standalone for the battles, but as a package I can't recommend it.
>>
File: ships.jpg (324KB, 1500x578px) Image search: [Google]
ships.jpg
324KB, 1500x578px
Is there a way to edit Cruisers and Battleships speeds in Stellaris' ini file or a mod? they move too slow for my liking
>>
File: 1möte (7).jpg (247KB, 790x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1möte (7).jpg
247KB, 790x1024px
>>153752696
yes

t. hardworking Eywa-fearing moondweller
>>
>>153752696
Well you can establish a base there. Just don't genocide the natives and take their place.
>>
>>153760490
Why not? What's the point of being an Empire if you can't be a dick?
>>
is 'Thea: The Awakening' any good? or at least worth a pirate?
>>
>>153760643
You'd think it was fair play for an empire to arrive in our solar system and genocide us?
>>
>>153760925
It's fun.

>>153760932
Given how we're still not colonizing Mars, yeah. We could've already started that, and instead we're fighting each others in the name of some imaginary friend.
>>
>>153761098
We got robots on Mars, we called dibs first.
>>
>>153761183
We ain't got farms. I don't think we even have a space station working since they closed Mir.

And I heard we get more and more space debris orbiting the planet. We'll end up being unable to throw anything in orbit at this rate.
>>
>>153760932
>>153761183
>>153761098
Literally who cares tier
Someone who came from outside the solar system with conquest equipment has a technological gap of incomprehensible levels they may as well be gods
>>
>>153761378
The ISS is still working.
>>
>>153761391
Oh dear god, not the retarded Ancient Alien theory again.
I watched that shit once, I felt like I broke three ribs laughing.
>>
>>153760925
It's worth to pay full price for it. Pirate the game (the demo is the early access version) if you want, but buy it afterwards if you like it. Thanks to the semi-random elements (only two unlocked starting Deities, re-generated map every start, tons of events) you won't be bored. It recently got a massive free (!) DLC.
>>
File: Hurricane.jpg (1MB, 2735x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Hurricane.jpg
1MB, 2735x1650px
>>153761510
>Ancient Alien
What are you on about what is this theory? I'm saying that anyone who can come from outside our own solar system with the intention of conquest and an 'empire' capable of interstellar government is so far beyond our capabilities that they're effectively divine
Like look at this shit. This is a single terrestrial phenomenon and all of the world's nukes combined can't defeat it over the course of its lifetime. If its power were actually applied like a bomb it could sweep France clean and the Earth generates a bunch of these things every year just by basking in the sun and spinning slowly.
They could shatter the planet outright if they felt like it.
>>
>>153761862
It's not a theory, it's a TV show masquerading as a documentary.

I think it's called Alien Theories in the US, but we call it Ancient Alien in my country because of some retarded reason.
Kinda like "The Purge" was renamed "American Nightmare".
>>
>>153761391
Well, I'd say it'd be comparable to the tech gap between European settlers and the various indigenous peoples they displaced
The difference between a situation with FTL ayys and us being that we recognize the significance of their tech and would be scrambling to get ahold of their shit and reverse engineering it, so unless they made an active effort to prevent that, we wouldn't stay a non-FTL species for very long
>>
>>153759738
/stellaris/common/ship_sizes/00_ship_sizes

This is probably reverted back every update so I recommend looking into creating a mod for your own stuff.
>>
>>153762016
No you really don't get it. They could just shoot one of the smaller ships at us in interstellar travel mode and the planet is gone. Just GONE.
>>
File: mad.jpg (50KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
50KB, 600x884px
Playing Stellaris
>Make my transport fleet follow my battleship fleet because it's annoying as fuck having to babysit them every single time when a system is cleared and it would be faster to just have them following the fleet for immediate landing after they bombard the shit out of the target.
>Everything going well, now I just have to worry about telling the fleets where to go
>Suddenly the transport fleet warps BEFORE the battleship fleet despite being set to FOLLOW them.
>Get obliterated at the destination while the fleet they were supposedly following arrives

This game is fucking garbage. You need to babysit every little detail of everything you do, the AI is trash and can't do anything. No wonder the game is so easy considering the AI is so bad at it.
>>
>>153762079
What's the point?
>>
File: 1472734241155.jpg (10KB, 260x206px) Image search: [Google]
1472734241155.jpg
10KB, 260x206px
>>153762219
>Playing Stellaris

>>153762225
The point is that they could also rebuild the planet if they felt like it. Even without brute force they could drop a 3km asteroid on us and cause nigh-extinction then come in a clean up the mess, the Earth will recover.
>>
>>153762079
Well, that'd really depend on what method of FTL travel they use
Most likely they'd use some sort of physics loophole that doesn't require them to actually travel at superluminal speeds, ie, wormholes or something like an Alcubierre drive or some other crazy quantum shitstorm
>>
>>153757551
What do they look like?
>>
File: Gargaxton.png (607KB, 934x809px) Image search: [Google]
Gargaxton.png
607KB, 934x809px
>>153762478
>>
>>153762341
Whatever method they use, as long as they're traveling at a good fraction of the speed of light (15+ %, maybe), an asteroid-sized ship could easily obliterate the planet.
Man I fucking hate interstellar sci-fi wars if we want power why don't we just be fantasy
>>
>>153762562
geez, no wonder they're fanatical pacifists.
>>
>>153762562
>Originally tundra inhabitants
There's not much difference between what a tundra world and a nuclear winter world would be like besides radiation (which goes away quickly).
>>
>>153762712
I think they adopted my ethics since they're the exact same.
>>
>>153762603
If they're exploiting a loophole, I'd doubt they'd bother even accelerating the craft at any fraction of lightspeed, since it'd probably still be just as difficult for them to do that as it is for us

The whole argument's probably null anyways, as FTL is probably impossible and most space-faring species will likely end up uploading themselves into a VR simulation and living out the rest of their lives in a giant server before their sun starts shitting itself and melts said server
Which will probably be our fate as well
>>
File: 1372148484176.gif (2MB, 290x260px) Image search: [Google]
1372148484176.gif
2MB, 290x260px
>>153762861
>He is a fanatic pacifist
>>
>>153762937
Sounds comfy as fuck
Maybe we'll just have shit like backups of the server on every planet and robots that basically spread the servers like a cancer to other planets so they can be backups forever
Also fuck thermodynamics, lossless cycle where are you?
>>
>>153762937
>uploading themselves into a VR simulation
Not this shit again. This is as impossible and retarded as FTL travel and will never happen.
>>
>>153763116
It's not theoretically impossible (and neither is FTL actually given some theoretical material). As long as you have a set of programs capable of modifying itself and this set of programs is able to more or less be standalone in its perception and self-modification you have a human mind, unless what you're saying is that there exists a soul or something in which case you just have to trap the soul/
>>
>>153763116
>This is as impossible and retarded as FTL travel and will never happen.
It's basically what VR is right now though. Just add the all five senses and disable movement of the actual body. The simulated world can run on whatever.
>>
>>153763270
>As long as you have a set of programs capable of modifying itself
We have tried this and so far it just doesn't work.
>this set of programs is able to more or less be standalone in its perception and self-modification
>more or less
No
> you have a human mind
No
>unless what you're saying is that there exists a soul or something in which case you just have to trap the soul/
I don't really believe in the concept of a soul but if there was one by its own nature it would be impossible to "trap".

Now let's assume for a moment all this stuff worked: you'd just be killing yourself and uploading a copy of your brain to the VR. Or living on while your copy lives in the VR. What's the point? You'd still live outside of it and die.
>>
File: ElectionsOverpowered.png (410KB, 1278x597px) Image search: [Google]
ElectionsOverpowered.png
410KB, 1278x597px
I don't even know what kind of leaders I want anymore.

Last election I saved an admiral, an of course he was elected.
Maybe another Admiral(Aggresive?) and another governor(Architect or Book nerd).
>>
>>153763391
>It's basically what VR is right now though.
>Wearing glasses and playing games on a controller is basically the same as living in a simulated world.
Dude.
>>
>>153763623
>We have tried this and so far it just doesn't work.
We've tried to devise some form of tactic to beat the Carthaginian navy and it just doesn't work
t. Roman, First Punic War

>No
>No
Well okay.

>you'd just be killing yourself and uploading a copy of your brain to the VR. Or living on while your copy lives in the VR. What's the point? You'd still live outside of it and die.
You could argue that the person I was three seconds ago died. This discussion leaves the realm of science and enters the realm of philosophy and the question of "Who am I", which is something else entirely.

I am not saying it'll work right now and I'm not saying it'll ever work but your main objection comes down to 'we haven't gotten it to work so far' (there is literally nothing about the nature of information that disallows this) and a philosophical problem of who the 'self' really is, you can't say 'impossible'.
>>
>>153763874
>jack an iv into your arm or something
>include all five sense for simulation
>play forevermore
>>
>>153764143
A person's mind is contained in your brain. Your brain is not just "information". Your brain is made up of tens of thousands of different types of chemical compounds interacting in extremely complex ways. That is your mind. It's not just a matrix of on-off switches, it's more complex than that. The human mind is not some indefinite mass of magic that you can just rewrite into code and upload into some server, its very foundation is completely different from the structure of digital information.
>Philosophy
Quite irrelevant in this discussion. Philosophy won't suddenly loophole your self into being some intangible thing. Your brain is what makes up your self. You can't separate "brain" from "self". And the "self" gets mutilated just like any other body part when you damage the brain. Kill your brain and you kill your self. There's no "soul" there you can extract, compile into code and upload to some magical server made up of stuff that doesn't exist.

>We've tried to devise some form of tactic to beat the Carthaginian navy and it just doesn't work
If what you're trying to say is "just because we don't know if it works now doesn't mean we won't find a solution later", it's not that simple. Here we're dealing with the very limits of physics, biology and information theory. You can't just bruteforce these.

>>153764736
>jack an iv into your arm or something
>magic
>play forevermore
You are dumb and you've got no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>153765161
>Your brain is made up of tens of thousands of different types of chemical compounds interacting in extremely complex ways. That is your mind. It's not just a matrix of on-off switches, it's more complex than that.
Irrelevant, because the matrix of on-off switches is meant to be the ultimate reduction of information, not the actual form of it. We can reduce almost all other physical phenomenon to this matrix (to a set of (complex) equations and then to a grid of on-off), the brain is not special here.

>Quite irrelevant in this discussion.
Oh it is though, because this concerns the fundamental nature of consciousness. That being said it's 3AM, I haven't slept for almost 48 hours at this point and I'm getting hit with exhaustion all at once. Goodbye.
>>
>>153765516
>the brain is not special here
Hardly a problem of being special or not. It's a problem of scale and scope. Let's ignore for a moment the limitations of physics and we get your magical computer with infinite storage space, infinite lifespan and infinite processing power. Now MAYBE we would be able to sort of simulate a brain if we understood brains perfectly. However, how in the fuck do you "scan" your brain in order to reproduce it in the computer, in an instant, all at once? I can't even begin to imagine any way this could be accomplished with any present or future technology we have thought of. Even FTL seems easier to do than this because lol quantum physics that we still don't fully understand.

>Oh it is though, because this concerns the fundamental nature of consciousness.
Mind is brain. Brain is matter. Your mind is matter. There that didn't take a lengthy metaphysics bullshit rant.
>>
>Attila at -559 gold per turn
What is wrong with civ 5 ai?
>>
File: AdmiralTierList.png (8KB, 29x319px) Image search: [Google]
AdmiralTierList.png
8KB, 29x319px
>>
File: Pegasus - Mercury Class.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pegasus - Mercury Class.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
Is there a mod or cheat that lets me unlock a specific technology? I'd like to make battleship right off the bat but have nothing but small weapons and see how long that lasts me before the AI catches up in tech.
>>
>>153768781
§ = opens console

I don't know one that unlocks a specific technology.
Only one that unlocks all technologies.

research_technologies

You could use that.
Put Instant_build on, build 1 battleship with your basic weapons, and then use research_technologies to get rid of your techs I think.

Or do you want to be able to build more battleships?
>>
>>153769168
I just want the battleship tech unlocked and nothing else, I just wanna play as the Colonials from Galactica and build big, expensive ships. Usually when I unlock them in a regular game its become stale and boring.
>>
>>153747334
I kind of like the way Stellaris does it. Energy and Minerals, plus a long list of specific materials for special buildings. Shogun 2 did it like this too.
>>
>>153769625
Can't find any console command for that I'm afraid.

Best way to do it legit would be Intelligent+Natural Engineers I think, Engineering Research Grants, beeline engineering labs and only build those and then beeline battleships.
>>
>>153769809
Funny enough those are the exact traits I gave my custom empire. I guess I'll fiddle around with the .ini file and see what happens.
>>
>>153751537
How do you get culture that is even close to the AI? I'm always vastly behind in culture even when getting all 3 guilds early
>>
>>153770532
>How do you get culture that is even close to the AI?
wide
>>
File: 1427163147414.png (227KB, 555x546px) Image search: [Google]
1427163147414.png
227KB, 555x546px
>Take all the Research bonuses I can
>Fanatic Materalist, intelligent, natural engineers, ect.
>Tech up as hard as I can
>Focus on generating as much research
>Check my neighbor that has none of those
>Equivalent tech
>>
File: 1411756895486.png (12KB, 288x49px) Image search: [Google]
1411756895486.png
12KB, 288x49px
>>153747334
FIDS
I
D
S
>>
>>153771565
>DESTRUCTIVE ANAL
Is that a mod or just an unfortunate shortening?
>>
>>153771565
>DESTRUCTIVE ANAL
Hahaha what?
>>
>>153752696
No pagan xeno has any right to deny god's chosen people their promised celestial bodies!
>>
How many battleship classes do you have?

I have 4.
One with each aura, and one without to make room for more defense and reduce cost.

Thinking 6 might be better, so later on when I am at fleet cap I can add auras to the 3 without.
>>
>>153747763
>>153749746
SMAC also has that and it works pretty well.
>>
File: 1430311094094.png (219KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
1430311094094.png
219KB, 300x470px
>>153771738
>>153771776
>just an unfortunate shortening
yes
>>
whats the best way to replay HOMM3?
there isnt really any general on vg that I couldve gone with this
>>
>>153771738
>>153771776
new
welcomepleasestayanddontforgeto"roll"whenyousethethreadonpage10
>>
>>153771371
>go to war with neighbor
>has equivalent fleet capacity but inferior tech and fleet size
>entire fleet is cruisers and battleships with arc weapons and photon torpedo's

well ok then.
>>
File: BSG battle.webm (825KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
BSG battle.webm
825KB, 640x360px
>>153771976
I have 2 classes so far, one with flak batteries covering it for fleet protection along with missile batteries. My other one has kinetic artillery and bomber squadrons. I'm not sure what I would do for a 3rd because my cruisers can do everything else.
>>
>>153772509
Make at least one with 6 L weapons because that's about all Battleships are good for. Sometimes auras too.
>>
>>153771976
One. It has tachyon lances. I win every single battles with fleets made just of those. There is literally no point to building anything else.
>>
>>153772104
I like Reclamation.
There's only like one custom map I've downloaded I like, a map of africa with some humble underground caverns.
Got enough asymmetry to make it interesting.
>>
>>153772509
One more for the last aura maybe?
>>
>>153772797
It's probably still a good idea to have at least one dedicated to the defensive auras. I've noticed the offensive auras are kind of pointless because battleships are never in range for them.
>>
>>153772104
The hell is HoMM3?
>>
>>153773081
Which one is it? The one I put on the stations?
>>
>>153773186
Yeah usually I go with the Hull regen aura and the Shield regen. They do go a long way for suvivability and reduces the need to go back to repair.
>>
>>153773103
pls
>>
>>153773284
Makes sense. I'll make two classes for those, thank you.
>>
File: DerelictSpaceStation.png (837KB, 1131x809px) Image search: [Google]
DerelictSpaceStation.png
837KB, 1131x809px
Would be nice if I got some extra lore on events like this now that I've actually found survivors in a vault.
>>
>>153773893
Also weird.
Those unhappy guys have like 70% ethics divergence.
Saw no change in ethics over like 5 months, figured it changed yearly.
Come new year and none of them changed ethics anyway.

made a save before the year, I'll load to see if I was just lucky.
>>
File: WelcomeToTheGalaxy.png (707KB, 981x621px) Image search: [Google]
WelcomeToTheGalaxy.png
707KB, 981x621px
These guys must've just recently reached FTL and the Qlorvinserian Coalition and its allies decided to free the shit out of them because the new guys are collectivists.
>>
>>153770662
Going wide increases the policy cost though? and AI are always above me in social policies mid/late game
>>
>>153775814
it increasing policy cost yes, but the tourism thing only cares about raw culture output
>>
>>153775814
What the other guy said, and you don't necessarily fall behind in polices as wide either.
Yes the cost goes up, but you also get more culture.

I don't fall behind in policies when I go wide.
>>
File: 1470259374626.png (409KB, 864x841px) Image search: [Google]
1470259374626.png
409KB, 864x841px
>>153772104
>whats the best way to replay HOMM3?
ERA
Horn of the Abyss
In the Wake of Gods
>>
>>153776263
>In the Wake of Gods
ew
>>
File: Wake of Gods settings.jpg (858KB, 1622x1826px) Image search: [Google]
Wake of Gods settings.jpg
858KB, 1622x1826px
>>153776330
>muh balance
phew
>>
>>153776435
>>153776263
That game looks fun. What's the name?
>>
File: 1470261472453.jpg (250KB, 1700x760px) Image search: [Google]
1470261472453.jpg
250KB, 1700x760px
>>153776581
The "In the Wake of Gods" mod for HoMM3.
>>
>>153772797
I desperately hope that the devs fix this shit, until then I'll be working on my shitty mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719794488
>>
So how about dem endless spaces?
>>
What is the best race in AoE2?
>>
File: Picard.jpg (4KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
Picard.jpg
4KB, 251x251px
>>153778010
>AoE2

Japanese, Goths, Huns
>>
I want spies in Stellaris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onR7PD3Grc0
>>
>>153776787
>-Removed Lances from standard empire research, you should be able to get them from Fallen empires and the vanilla event.
That alone might make things a bit more reasonable desu.

I guess Emitters would replace them, but it wouldn't be quite as bad.

Good luck anyways.
>>
>>153778314
Cheers, The whole thing is going to be a pain to balance right but it should be okish atm.

Also, moddable fields of fire is coming in 1.3.
>>
So admittedly im bad at Civ 5. I only play on relatively lower difficulties and I focus on building extremely tall (2-4 cities tops) and liked doing single city matches for fun. Obviously this most likely isn't going to fly in Civ 6. How do I get into the mindset or managing all those different buildings for each, how do I know when to restrict growth, and how to maintain that many units?
>>
>>153779905
>Obviously this most likely isn't going to fly in Civ 6.
Why? The districts would even help with tall empires.
>>
>>153780370
Isnt every city gonna be stocked with districts anyway? I see no downside not to sprawl in Civ 6 considering the change to happiness as well. Plus having wonders take up a tile means even more reason to plant new cities since having a focus on production in one still wont let you hold many.
>>
>>153779905
Be aware of what you need and have a general, but adaptive build order in mind.
Managing all those different buildings really isn't that hard.
4 cities, 20, not much of a difference.
Just a few more clicks.

I settle a new city, I start building a monument, I purchase a pagoa.
At that moment I have 2 local happiness and suffer no extra penalty from having 2 pop in the city.
I probably have other cities that produce units and I can get warrior caste in the city.
That means it can grow to 3 pop without extra unhappiness. in most circumstances I want the city to grow, even if I stop at 3 the granary might let me work more hills.
BNW nerfed later culture buildings for wide so I won't go for amphitheatre.
If I'm starting to go low on gold I might make a market, or a paper maker if I'm chinese.
>>
So I checked HoMM3 HD on Steam and most of the reviews are negative. Apparently, it doesn't include the expansions.
>>
File: 1351978712728.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1351978712728.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
>>153782235
Get HoMM3 regular on GOG.
>>
>>153782419
BATTLE STATION OPERATIONAL
>>
>>153782235
Yep.
Don't get HD. It sucks.
>>
>>153782419
Is HoMM3 hard? I walked over HoMM4 while the fifth kicked my ass.
>>
File: dang.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dang.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
Give me some good (fun) leaders to play as In Civ IV
>>
File: 1346949433076.png (126KB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1346949433076.png
126KB, 320x384px
>>153782606
>I walked over HoMM4
Naturally, heroes were literally immortal after a few levels.

HoMM3 will wreck you.
>>
>>153782606
I think homm3 is fairly easy.
Homm2 is harder imo. In homm3 you can quite often find yourself with enough money to buy every dwelling, or pretty much every dwelling each week.
In homm2 you might not be able to afford all of your T6 each week even.
>>
>>153782661
>Insult
Come on do it.
>>
File: 42px-Fanatic_Pacifist.png (4KB, 42x43px) Image search: [Google]
42px-Fanatic_Pacifist.png
4KB, 42x43px
>>153782832
Naeh
>>
>>153782661
call him a faget.
>>
When you consider tile blockers terraforming at least 1 step isn't so expensive.

1500 energy to terraform.
800 minerals and 800 energy to remove tile blockers for this one planet I'm looking at.

Tile blocker removal can be mitigated by governors though.
>>
File: Adm11.png (97KB, 813x176px) Image search: [Google]
Adm11.png
97KB, 813x176px
>>
File: Communications Established.jpg (57KB, 448x650px) Image search: [Google]
Communications Established.jpg
57KB, 448x650px
Paradox sale on steam.

I have Stellaris and not much else, what do you guys recommend?

Inb4
>paying for things
>>
https://youtu.be/hvtvjo3fPsQ
Jesus fuck why would they put this shit in the base game. Can't they put the literal who diversity into a single dlc instead?
>>
>>153771371
There has to be a pretty significant difference before it is recognised I think.
>>
>>153788081
Depends. If you want Incest Simulator, get Crusader Kings 2. If you want Blob Simulator, get Europa Universalis IV. If you want to hack 'n' slash, get Mount and Blade Warband. If you want to feel robbed, get Sengoku. If you have friends and a good sense of humor, get Magicka.
>>
File: 1448876280396.jpg (895KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448876280396.jpg
895KB, 1920x1080px
civ 6 honestly looks really pretty when you see screenshots like this
>>
Is there any map/mod for Civ 5 that's similar to Rhye's map for Civ 4?
>>
Kongo looks pretty interesting.
>>
>>153788081
>>153788286
Magicka 1, not 2.

I think Eu4 is fun for mp.
Either coop mp or competitive mp.
m&b is awesome.
>>
>>153789093
There was a second game?

Also, not all M&B are good. Warband is the best and has the most mods.
>>
>>153789490
>There was a second game?
Yeah, but it wasn't made by the same dev and it got some bad reviews.
I don't remember exactly what was wrong with it though.
>>
>>153788136
They always put a non-Egyptian African civ in the base game, they just started changing it from the Zulu after Civ 3.
>>
>>153790014
Kongo makes more sense than Zulu desu.
>>
Civ ability: Nkisi- Gets Food, Production, and Gold from each Artifact, Relic, and Great Work of Sculpture. Gets extra Great Artist and Great Merchant Points each turn.

Leader ability: Mvemba a Nzinga cannot build Holy Site districts, but gets the Founder Beliefs of the religion established in the majority of his cities. Gets a free Apostle any time he finishes an Mbanza or Theater District in a city following that religion.

Civ unique unit: Ngao Mbeba - Extra Defense against Ranged Attacks, Woods and Rainforests neither cost extra movement nor block their line of sight. Does not require Iron to build.

Civ unique district: Mbanza - Replaces the Neighborhood and can be built earlier in the game. Provides Housing, Food and Gold.
>>
AYO HOLD UP
>>
>>153790753
meme free zone
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvtvjo3fPsQ

WE
>>
>>153790014
>tfw still no Namibia / Kingdom of Kush
>>
Is Stellaris fixed, yet?
>>
File: FreshMeat.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FreshMeat.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>153774760
Sucks being new in this galaxy
>>
>>153788778
This looks uncommonly detailed for a civ6 screenshot..
>>
>>153790951
Kongo is a good choice.
>>
File: 1472814427657.jpg (66KB, 482x484px) Image search: [Google]
1472814427657.jpg
66KB, 482x484px
>Stellaris is on sale
>Plantoids are still $8
>>
File: 1462110506801.jpg (366KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1462110506801.jpg
366KB, 800x1199px
any potential for we wuz queenz n shieet?

which civs would it be?
>>
>>153794318
As in black female ruler?
>>
Do you offer protectorate status?
If so to who?
>>
>>153794318
The areas south of Egypt had black queens, though as far as I know noone can really confirm wether they were matriarchal, matrilineal or actually just didn't give a fuck and let the firstborn child inherit the throne.

The Egyptians traded with them, intermarried (this is where the 'muh black pharaohs' comes from) and IIRC at one point some Pharaoh actually fled there when lower Egypt was overrun by invaders.
>>
File: TombWorldPhysics.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TombWorldPhysics.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Finally, my physics research is higher than my society research.
>>
>>153797339
congrats, you're a real boy now
>>
>>153798925
thank you
>>
>>153797339

Which research is the best to max out?
>>
>>153800687
Physics probably.

Because lances and power for ships.
Even without building a single engineering lab I feel like I get the important stuff in engineering quick enough anyways.
Devastator Torpedoes come fairly quick.

There's a lot of stuff I like in Society so I started out building biolabs.
Then after I had all the genmodding techs I uplifted a species that I built physics labs for.
>>
>>153801132
Engineering can be a huge RNG clusterfuck.

I generally keep physics and engineering equal, because you need those better hulls to carry your better lasers.

One of the reasons why lasers (and other energy weapons) are so strong is that your weapon tech does not hog the same research slots as the ship hulls.

But don't just ignore bio reseearch. These are the techs that let your expand quicker.
>>
File: tiyyVML.png (675KB, 1874x5961px) Image search: [Google]
tiyyVML.png
675KB, 1874x5961px
>>
I haven't played stellaris in a while, is rangefinder still necessary to prevent ships with point defense from charging into combat?
>>
Is CBP tougher than vanilla? Because I'm getting my ass kicked repeatedly by the AI on immortal. That is unusual.
>>
Have they added anything to stellaris thats worth coming back for?

Quit it like 5 months ago.
>>
>>153806661
I don't play it but this is perhaps the most common question on /4xg/. It comes up multiple times every day.

The answer is always no.
>>
>>153772013
Speaking of SMAC, are there any other 4x games with crawler like units, or is that level of brokenness unique?
>>
File: JAP 32 golden age.jpg (400KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JAP 32 golden age.jpg
400KB, 1920x1080px
kek, my citizens haven't been happy for like 100 turns
>>
>>153809797
IIRC similar things exist in earlier Civilization titles, it took a while before developers realized how abusable that mechanic was.
>>
>>153812382
caravans were straight op in 2
>>
>>153814823
Yeah, the question isn't so much "What other games have caravans like SMAC" but rather. "Why did every 4x game in the 90s have such a horribly OP mechanic?"
>>
good night
>>
>>153805829
Yes, but I don't remember the exact correlation
Perhaps they aimed for CBP 6=settler 8-starting bonus techs, but I can't exactly provide a quote.
>>
>>153750617
>Same match, much more time afterwards

>We erradicate my old enemies and their transhuman rebels. Basically, With their last colonies, I make a second transhuman faction and fed them with resources since we are allied.

>Tried to repeat the same maneuver with other races to make a Federation. But my mate always votes No to now allies in our federation.

>Get your shit together mate, we are making the Galaxy great again.
>>
>>153815493
SMAC has caravans?
>>
>>153819613
Besides crawlers, I mean.
>>
>>153819613
You can establish trade routes between cities with supply crawlers.
I have no idea what that actually does though.
>>
>>153805648
I don't think they currently do it. Maybe it's because right now nobody lives long enough to do so.
>>
What does a Federation actually -do-? Just trying to see if there is any reason for a collection of alliances to form a federation.

Basically every species that isn't being torn apart by the collective of evangelical zealots is begging to join our so-far untouched alliance. Went from two members to four in a couple of months.
>>
>>153820673

Literally nothing except fucking over the player bevause diplomacy is so fucked up in stellaris. You can pay off other empires to join your wars anyway, so there is literally no reason to tie yourself down.
>>
>>153802906
All weapons should be physics desu. I associate engineering with hulls and armor, and physics with weapons and shields.

Of course this then creates the problem of shields potentially falling by the wayside because theyre smashed between every weapon type and reactors.

I think the only solution is really to turn sociology into something else and redistribute all the techs.
>>
File: JAP 33 dissidents.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JAP 33 dissidents.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
>>153812189
fuck your culture indonesia
>>
File: JAP 38 dissidents.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JAP 38 dissidents.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
>>153821489
over 1000 tourism
>>
>>153821574
Maybe if you weren't a filthy autocrat your people would like you.
>>
I'm about to go turboautist and make a spreadsheet with effective HP builds on Stellaris.

Before I do, has someone already done this before?
>>
>>153821764
they'll come around
>>
>>153821574
Tourism doesn't have to do with anything. You suffer from War Weariness.
>>
>>153821097
Blast. How does a federation screw you over anymore than a multi-alliance does?
>>
>>153822609

Are you a literal moron or just missed out the rotating presidency?
>>
File: just civ5 things.jpg (533KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
just civ5 things.jpg
533KB, 1600x900px
Gusti, cmon, you think you do but you don't.
>>
>>153823019
Mate, no need for namecalling. You'll hurt my feelings. Anyway, this is the first time I've actually had enough member-races to form one.
>>
File: 8930_20160903132627_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8930_20160903132627_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What a start.
>>
File: JAP 41 rebels.jpg (780KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JAP 41 rebels.jpg
780KB, 1920x1080px
>>153822169
they didn't come around

>>153822447
Yeah and ideological pressure, I'm trying to convert everyone else
>>
File: 8930_20160903133143_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8930_20160903133143_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>153824078
Simply ebin.
>>
File: 8930_20160903134606_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8930_20160903134606_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>153824364
I wonder who could it be?
>>
File: 8930_20160903144210_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8930_20160903144210_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>153824616
Expansion going alright except Grand River fucked up my plan.
>>
File: 8930_20160903150220_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8930_20160903150220_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>153825143
Meanwhile Ethiopia went full mongol on Mongolia.
>>
File: one religion.jpg (305KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
one religion.jpg
305KB, 1600x900px
nice
>>
>>153825232
Further proof that Ethiopia is prime A-Bomb target every time.
>>
I'm thinking about starting up a cig game. What world settings make a map that is basically a desert map with small lakes?
Any good maps on the workshop? I'm looking for something as Tatooine-like as possible. Preferably with worldwrap.
>>
File: JAP 43 dissidents.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JAP 43 dissidents.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
>>153824092
just making everyone unhappy now
>tfw two wars
>>
File: JAP 44 finally happy.jpg (842KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JAP 44 finally happy.jpg
842KB, 1920x1080px
>>153827575
3 wars now and finally I'm in the green for happiness.
>>
>>153828048
What victory conditions are you playing with?
>>
File: BattleShipArmorCrystal.png (49KB, 855x687px) Image search: [Google]
BattleShipArmorCrystal.png
49KB, 855x687px
>>153821830
I posted this the last thread I think.

It's not full autism though so go ahead.

Just one where I can input armor and health to see which setup is the best vs a few types of weapons.

Top for were with all techs iirc.
Lower two were what I had a at a specific time.
So IV reactors, II armor.
>>
>Reminder not to trust Rome
>Reminder to sell embassy for 1gpt to the AI
>>
>>153828173
all of them, forgot to disable time
it's up in 10 turns or so
>>
So what's with the warp wind down time again?
It just makes it the shittiest FTL method by far. It makes me think they confused warp with wormhole and the wind down time is supposed to be on the wormhole generators. This would actually be a decent way to balance it.
>>
File: 171physics.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
171physics.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Could squeeze another lab in there if I got the last farm tech I think, maybe need the % food after it.

With Mind Control Laser Ethics Divergence is only like -5% so I don't think I'll put this in a sector.
>>
>roll attila
>get forward settled by alexander
>mass produce horse archers
>crush him
>this annoys japan who is nearby
>he declares war on me
>crush japan
>whole world hates me at this point
>horse archer army marches on
>finish the game half way through medieval era with logistics, range, march, volley triple promotions for rough and open terrain on about 10 horse archers

Fuck you Alexander.
>>
Bought Thea to tide me over until VI, any tips?
>>
>>153830958
Expeditions aren't for murdering everything in sight only. Have a few gatherer going with them and use them to recover rare materials.
Also, expeditions don't automatically give the materials they find to the camp.
>>
>>153830892
Alexander confirmed for xenophobe
>>
File: adm12.png (131KB, 584x226px) Image search: [Google]
adm12.png
131KB, 584x226px
>>
>>153776263
Black dragons + armagedon = win at life
>>
Early on in Stellaris is it better to split up your ships and have them individually explore? The amount of times I've been exploring with one fleet and the jump into a system right next to something with 400+ fleet power.

28 days is a ridiculous amount of time to wait before retreating.
>>
99% of my matches in Civ have been diplomatic or science victories. Cultural is needlessly complicated, so how do I break out and go for domination?
>>
>>153832559
Got as many science ships with scientists to go around and survey habitable planets with, while splitting up the first 3 ships I started with to just move in different directions to scout for habitable planets.

Ships I built after those just stayed and accumulated.
>>
>>153832602
Build more units, build less non-essential buildings. I'm always surprised to see people dominate with one army group while spending all their money on building upkeep. When they could have multiple armies pushing on several fronts.
>>
File: 1470337176673.jpg (113KB, 1347x891px) Image search: [Google]
1470337176673.jpg
113KB, 1347x891px
>>153794318
Day one mod, Hellenic fags BTFO.
>>
>>153832713
I like building tall and having a pretty utopia city with as much as I can it it. Im prone to playing Prince and having a capital with like 30 wonders. Obviously that wont fly online, nor in Civ 6 so I gotta prepare.
>>
>>153832559
Explore with your science ships man.
Keep you fleet docked until there's something to kill. If you need to peek in a system that's out of sensor range send a single corvette or even a construction ship once your corvettes get more expensive, but you really shouldnt need to do that. I lose maybe 1 science ship out of every 1000 systems explored. Anomalies have at least a 500% higher mortality rate.
>>
Soooo I got Endless Space from some bundle.

Pretty new to 4X, should I stick to it? How is Endless Space 2 looking?
>>
>>153832559
>>153832813

Yeah seriously this.

The moment you get deflectors and/or armor put a little on your science ships. They can survive getting into a fight with a weak ass little amoeba for a few seconds and the evasion happens pretty fast most of the time. You'll barely ever lose science fleets. Send in your big fleet to mop up if you are strong enough, then study the debris and survey the system with your science ship.
>>
>>153832951

Some interesting political mechanics. Lame 8 faction limit, but it looks like they are going to at least be making some interesting factions like the mafia fish and always-at-war cravers.

I don't know if combat system is any good, but the inclusion of Influence in this new endless space seems pretty cool.
>>
>>153833061
Also, any 4x which is good to play online?

Like, something closer to boardgame mechanics in terms of simplicity, shorter games but easier to set up games with people?

Kinda itching for this. All 4x takes pretty long and mostly focused on vs cheating AI
>>
>>153832951
It's shit. Same broken AI.
>>
>>153832813
>>153833006
If a Science ship gets into a fight it can't escape, you can save the scientist by placing the scientist in another spot temporarily.

Like another ship, or leading research.
He'll teleport away from the way.
>>
>>153833167
civ5, small and quick seems fairly solid for mp.
I suggest pangea or some kind of generation that spawns you on the same continent.
>>
>>153832782
The thing about the tech tree is the more you focus on those military techs the further behind you'll slip in science.

On emperor I can split the difference, build up until the medieval then do a timing push with crossbows, or longswords and trebs if I feel like it. Then it's time to build up until another key war tech, usually artillery.

Any difficulty higher on that I have to think about finishing the game as early as possible.
>>
>>153832813
>>153833006
Yeah, but what I'm asking is about the very early game. When just about everything is outside of sensor range or before I've researched deflectors. Hell when I have deflectors and new guns I'm usually hunting the aliens down, that's not the issue.
>>
>>153833260
Will give this a shot, TY.
>>
What is the worst looking civ in 6 so far and why is it murrika?

>unique units and building are all lategame and not all that wild
>adequate bonuses
>>
How long has Stellaris been out? How many patches?

It still has that awful pause behavior after dismissing event pop-ups.
>>
>>153833421
Just keep the autoretreat on. Enemy fleets dont go for you unless you pop up right next to them, and thats super rare.
>>
>>153833596
Yeah they seemed kinda boring.

Minutemen and +1 sight in civ5 was nice at least, but not overly exciting.
Was thinking of modding my own america civ at times, but I am lazy.
Was thinking of some kind of migration mechanic to get pop growth based on infrastructure, or a UI similar to chateau, but for production+gold and only a few luxes like cotton.
>>
>>153833636
Go complain about it on the forums, I haven't noticed it.
>>
Do any of the civs in 6 so far appear to be focused on building tall? At the very least I want larger cities that shit out districts and wonders rather than a sprawl of cities. China seemed promising.
>>
>>153834263
IIRC Japan was excellent for that
>>
>>153834263
China for hermit. Egypt for mass trade deals but you need a solid river start. Japan in general.
>>
>>153834263
India is very clearly meant for going tall
>>
>>153834263
It seems like montezuma builds bigger than anyone else
Germany also seems to be able to go tall
>>
Is there a way to see what your borders will look like if you remove a frontier outpost?
>>
File: 8930_20160903162520_1.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8930_20160903162520_1.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>153825232
And then I went for them.
>>
File: 8930_20160904152725_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8930_20160904152725_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>153836015
Though I don't want to wipe him completely. I still can't decide which ideology I am going for and having vassals will be pretty handy for Freedom.
>>
File: 8930_20160904165402_1.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8930_20160904165402_1.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>153836210
>>
>>153835834
Aztecs are clearly meant to go super-wide through warfare, the ability to get builders from killing units with the UU you get right away + builders being able to speed up district production will help you get your cities up and running quickly while the amenity boosts they get will help you maintain all those cities
>>
File: JAP 48.jpg (841KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JAP 48.jpg
841KB, 1920x1080px
>>153828048
managed to piss everyone off and remain ahead until 750 turns.
>tfw unhappy constantly for the last 150+turns
>tfw managed to win
>>
File: 20160904075632_1.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160904075632_1.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
Picked this up during the sale, how long are you supposed to play it before you've "Won"? It can't be the actual victory conditions, because unless I've done something horribly wrong here that shit would take fucking forever.

I went Hyperdrive and Guns at the start, have about 500 pop, 2nd place has half that. Had a fleet of almost 100k power at the start of the war that Old Empire or whatever below me started because I told them to fuck off about my robots. Fuckers teleported all over the place, and with their laser beams and shit I lost half my fleet getting into range against them. But my railguns tore them to shit once I did.
Couldn't do anything else though, because no way to reach the bastards.

Did I win? Am I done and should restart now?
>>
>>153837032
Did you disable all victories other than score victory?
>>
File: Erresea2.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Erresea2.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>153837498
nay they were all enabled
>>
>Everyone saying nearly every Civ in 6 is focused on tall

Nah this is bullshit you guys arent interpreting these right. Theyre almost all beneficial to wide and tall.
>>
>>153837082
If you still lost half your fleet fighting a forerunner empire, you're probably not nearly done with the tech tree.

You've 'won' when everything is just an easy stomp.
>>
>>153837997
Wide gameplay will frighten out people who play it like sim city, aka the main audience of Civ5. So it surely gonna get gutted.
>>
>>153835951
No.
It's really stupid.
>>
>>153838198
But theres tons of benefits and reasons to go wide in 6 anyway. Happiness is now per city, wonders taking up space, limited space for mixing tile improvements and districts, roads being easier to maintain.
>>
>>153838198
>Happiness isn't global anymore
>Wonders require and take up specific tiles
>Have to specialize your cities based on the surrounding tiles to take advantage of district adjacency bonuses
>Setting up infrastructure is even easier now thanks to improvements no longer taking time to build and roads being handled by trade routes

How does any of this benefit tall over wide
>>
Always the same shit with Empire Earth.
>see a few screenshots
>remember how fun the game
>reinstall it
>try a game
>remember why I dropped it in the first place
>ressources gathering is slow
>AIs doesn't even try to hide it's cheating
>spam nuclear bombers
>pathfinding is bad
>you have to find every single unit the AI hides all around the map
>>
File: Cleopatra.jpg (326KB, 600x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Cleopatra.jpg
326KB, 600x1074px
Before
>>
File: Civilization-6-Cleopatra.jpg (114KB, 670x846px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization-6-Cleopatra.jpg
114KB, 670x846px
>>153841249
After

Whitewash much?
>>
>>153841724
That's better than giving everyone shitskin to cater to the SJWs.
>>
File: i13275679482.jpg (244KB, 1024x1137px) Image search: [Google]
i13275679482.jpg
244KB, 1024x1137px
>>153841724
>>153841249
>>
>>153840582
this ain't the RTS thread friend
>>
>>153841249
>>153841724
>>153842587
Ooh, new visitors. Welcome to /civ4xg/.
>>
>>153841724
>Whitewash
Yeah, because a noblewoman of Macedon and Egyptian descent would totally be black.

This would be the case because _______________ (please fill in the blank)

Hint: Look at the bust of Nefertiti for an Egyptian nobleowoman, and consider what kind of people might live in Macedon (that is a bit north of modern day Greece)
>>
>>153837082
Agree with >>153838185; winning is having defeated the crisis, being able to stomp anyone, and having researched all non-repeating techs.

But I normally get to that point at around about the same time I hit 40% planets colonised anyway.
>>
>>153843195
You're not forced to answer the troll.
>>
My ally and I got our shit kicked in by religious zealots early on in Stellaris. They took some of my worlds, but all of ayy-bros. The only members of his race still around are the pops that migrated to my territory. And those fanatics are gearing up for another round now.

Feels bad man.
>>
>>153841249
>>153841724
Well, I'd gently impregnate both.
>>
>>153844012
Ceasar reckoned the same.
>>
File: Absolutely disgusting.jpg (14KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely disgusting.jpg
14KB, 300x260px
>>153844397
>misswriting Caesar
>>
>>153842758
He's not new for pointing out that it's an rts thread.
>>
>>153845831
he is new, considering there have been rts posts in here for a good month+ now, with pretty much no one being against it.
>>
>>153846026
>good month+
Are you fucking serious right now?
You must be a complete fucking moron if you think something that has happened a month means it is old.

And being ignored isn't the same thing as not being against.
>>
>>153845831
>>153846396
Hello, newfriend. You don't have to pretend to be someone else, we all know it's you.
>>
>newfags thinking they can make the rules
We've been talking about AoE2 for ages before you arrived.
>>
If habitability just affects max happiness and slaves don't factor happiness into yields, can I just use low habitability as mineral farms?
>>
>>153790269
this t b h, zulu are meme tier
>>
>>153844512
I bet he says Hercules too.
>>
File: 1463255341663.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463255341663.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>153794318
desu im surprised they didn't choose this lady to lead Kongo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nzinga_of_Ndongo_and_Matamba

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_Hinan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amina
>>
File: Object.jpg (190KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Object.jpg
190KB, 825x1200px
I like Kumo. She's a real cute.
>>
>thread is dying again
This is why we all allowed RTS discussions here to begin with.
>>
>>153849709
she's a great general
>>
File: Nzingambande.jpg (141KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Nzingambande.jpg
141KB, 1200x1600px
>>153849709
>that statue with marble pedestal and a brass information plate
>that run down half-built apartment complex in the background

how sad
>>
>>153746352
>http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh
I am considering buying Stellaris on current steam sale, but I don't know if it will work in my pc...

How reliable is canyourunit?
>>
>>153818945
I don't think the AI gets bonus techs in CBP. That's why I'm able to consistently get early game wonders.
>>
>>153805829
Vanilla Prince = CBP Settler

E.g at Settler difficulty the AI has no advantages or disadvantages whatsoever. Every difficulty level above it gives the AI more and more bonuses. IIRC Prince difficulty in CBP is roughly equal to Emperor in vanilla.
>>
File: smug Iberian man.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smug Iberian man.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Is /civ4xg/ finally coming around to the art style?
>>
>>153859412
The artstyle is all over the place. You have people like Roosevelt and Philip II that look relatively alright, but then there's also Qin Shi Huang and Catherine de Medici who look outright caricatures.
>>
>>153860567
I like Medici. I'm merely hesistant about Qin. What I REALLY don't like though is Barbossa's horrible animation. And that armor doesn't help.
>>
>>153859412
I mean ive always liked the artstyle, but some of the leaders look fucking stupid honestly. or have some real caricatured aspects while others look pretty normal. teddy, fredrick, and that kongo dude, for instance, look really out of place compared to pedro, gandhi, and qin. almost like they have two art directors, one making half of the models, and half making others, one went for a stylized yet mostly down to earth way, but the other went totally caricatured. (and yes I know teddy looked different before, but now he looks even weirder since he's out of place compared to a bunch of the others)
>>
>>153857031
Not very reliable. A direct comparison between system requirements and your computer specs is more reliable.
>>
are great people counters still shared in CBP or are they separate?
>>
File: Congo.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Congo.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
I can't wait to try a Religious Victory as the Congo.
>>
>>153862042
Separate.
>>
>>153862042
I believe so, yes.
>>
>>153862429
can't wait to play Belgium/Kongo free state (someone will mod it in) for max memes and or shitpost potential
>>
>>153861439
That is the thing mate, my pc is like 8-9 years old, but was a top of the line pc when I bought it, it runs many modern games it was not supposed to be able to run, even if at low resolution/kinda bugged.

I dunno man, it might run or it might simply not work at all...
>>
Pantheons
>Divine Spark: +1 Great Person Point from Holy Site (Prophet), Campus (Scientist), and Theater Square (Writer) districts
>Dance of the Aurora: Holy Site district get +1 Faith from adjacent Tundra tiles.
>Desert Folklore: Holy Site districts get +1 Faith from adjacent Desert tiles.
>Sacred Path: Holy Site district get +1 Faith from adjacent Rainforest tiles.
>River Goddess: +1 Amenity to cities if they have a Holy Site district adjacent to a River.
>Monument to the Gods: Construct Ancient and Classical Wonders 15% faster.
>Lady of the Reeds and Marshes: +1 Production from Marsh, Oasis, and Floodplains.
>God of the Sea: +1 Production from Fishing Boats.
>God of the Open Sky: +1 Culture from Pastures.
>Goddess of the Hunt: +1 Food from Camps.
>Stone Circles: +2 Faith from Quarries.
>Religious Idols: +1 Faith from Mines over Luxury and Bonus resources.
>God of Craftsmen: +1 Production from mines over Strategic resources.
>Goddess of Festivals: +1 Food from Wine, Incense, Cocoa, Tobacco, Coffee, and Tea Plantations.
>Oral Tradition: +1 Culture from Banana, Citrus, Cotton, Dyes, Silk, Spices, and Sugar Plantations.
>God of the Forge: +25% Production toward Ancient and Classical military units.
>Initiation Rites: +50 Faith for each Barbarian Outpost cleared.
>God of Healing: Increases healing by +30 in your Holy Site district, or any adjacent tiles.
>God of War: Bonus faith for each enemy unit killed within 8 tiles of a Holy Site district you own equal to 50% of their strength.
>Fertility Rites: City growth rate is 10% higher.
>Religious Settlements: Border expansion rate is 15% higher.
>Goddess of the Harvest: Harvesting a resource or removing a feature receives Faith equal to the other yield's quantity.
>>
>>153862429
Did they add religious victory? Sry for not googling lol just wanna keep the thread alive.
>>
>>153863150
Yeah mate.

>>153862629
>was a top of the line pc when I bought it,
Like every PC mate.
>>
>>153863150
yes
>>
>>153863150
>Religious Victory: Your Religion must become predominant (followed by >50% cities) in every major and minor civilization.
(minor civs=city states)
>>
>>153863146
>some pantheons don't produce faith
This really irked me in CiV but I guess it will be fine in 6 because you can keep your pantheon belief even if you get converted.
>>
What is the point ofcity-states? They just seem to clog the game up and add more limitations to the human players.
>>
>>153863349
>Like every PC mate.
Not in my country, mate.

We have abusive importation taxes on eletronic goods, making top of the line pcs cost about 60% more than they should.

Most of the pcs bought in my country are not high end at all.
>>
>>153863146
>Goddess of the Harvest: Harvesting a resource or removing a feature receives Faith equal to the other yield's quantity.

What's the point of harvesting? Is it just a situational thing in case you say, want to open up a tile that would be better suited for a district or wonder?
>>
File: civ6.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
civ6.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>153863421
>>153863389
>>153863150
God is great.

We all know how this is gonna turn out.
>>
>>153863579
in civ 5= they're in the game to make a more 'living' world (more cities around because they destroyed city spam) as well as to provide votes for diplomatic victories. this means that they're practically ignored through most of the game, until the modern era, where they're suddenly extremely valuable. in civ 6 there is no diplomatic victory, though. so whats their purpose? they're just minor territories that you can either conquer or control via envoys, which can give you a lot of unique bonuses.
>>
File: 1464805218154.png (180KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1464805218154.png
180KB, 480x640px
>>153863751
>>
>>153864085
I always wanted to see /pol/-chan spanking little ISIS.

>>153864043
Um. Yeah. I dunno, I tend to see the world from a RTS point of view, where everything must be a ressource. From the few I played Civ5, city states were just here for quests.
>>
>>153863742
Is there something else you can remove other than forests and jungles?
>>
>>153859412
Nope, its shit.
>>
>>153864497
civ 5 city states are city resources or diplomatic ones later in the game. city states that are your allies give extra diplomatic points for the world congress and diplomatic victory.
>>
>>153864497
It's Christ-chan, you ingrate.
>>
>>153864524
You can "harvest" resources like wheat or sheep for food/prod
>>
>>153864524
Yeah. Kebab.

>>153864685
I though Christ-chan was some overweight Sonic fan?
>>
>>153864524
>>153863742
you can harvest a lot of bonus resources now, it seems like. stone, wheat, cattle, fish, copper, and they give you bonus production and food and shit depending on what it is. its very situational, yes, so I dont see that certain pantheon being useful unless you're surrounded by a few of said bonus resources.
>>
>>153864736
>I though Christ-chan was some overweight Sonic fan?

the "t" makes all the difference
>>
>>153864497
>From the few I played Civ5, city states were just here for quests.
You didn't get far, did you?
Guess Firaxis should dumb down the game further, so even ADHD RTS players could complete it.
>>
>>153865716
I bet my APM is higher than yours, faggot.
>>
>>153865051
Oh. OH!

>>153865716
No. I try to play turn based games, I really do, but I just don't like them. Either I get bored, or I fall asleep.

I'm not joking, I literally fell asleep in front of my computer playing Endless Legend once.
>>
Removing global happiness is the single best change they decided to make.
>>
>>153868052
More like undo, IV already had what was essentially a perfect happiness system that made sense. But because V HAD to do 1upt they had to make it so your cities were limited to "empires" of four or so so that you didn't end up filling the whole map with units since they never bothered to actually adjust the scale to suit tactical gameplay.
>>
Empire Earth is shit.
>>
>>153868709
Heard IV had a good system but never tried it myself. Either way it's nice that cities can be settled organically now rather than simply being a matter of luxury rng.
>>
>>153746352
Anyone want to give me some tips for Master of Orion? Seems like the AI is better than me in every single aspect. Is there a downside to spreading colonies to everywhere?
>>
>>153877141
Same question, but for Endless Space. Even in the sandbox setting, the AI always manages to have bigger fleet than I do.
>>
File: Mars farm.jpg (87KB, 660x470px) Image search: [Google]
Mars farm.jpg
87KB, 660x470px
Does it bother anyone else how 'food' is a resource in all those space 4x games?

I'm referring to Endless Space, Stellaris, Master of Orion, Star-Drive, Space Empires and I'm sure many others.

The truth is on our own planet the first world civilizations have basically made food production into such a nonissue that only minor price fluctuations occur when famine strikes other nations. How would an empire with warp travel not already have this shit figured out? If you can live on ships for years and have totally self-sufficient systems and fission reactors there is no reason to assume they couldn't easily grow enough food in small greenhouses, maybe even privately owned, to need large scale farming operations.

Food should not be a resource in space sim 4x. Population should grow in response to economic freedoms and low taxes if anything.
>>
So I finally got HoMM3 Complete.
But I only played the vanilla version, what was added in the expansion?

>>153878681
That's how they did in Galactic Civilizations and Distant Worlds. Hell, you don't even have a population in Galactic Civlizations, just citizens. It's heavily implied that a large part of the population doesn't have anything to do with you. Same with Sword of the Stars.
>>
>>153880265
>what was added in the expansion?
Armaggedons blade adds a new town, Conflux.
They're op. University unique building for learning elemental magic secondary skill, and higher Tier 7 growth for no reason.
Phoenixes are also the fastest unit.

Shadows of Death adds combinations of artifacts.
Makes necropolis super broken if they can get the 3 %necromancy items since with expert necromancy and that item you get Liches instead of Skeletons.
>>
>>153880265
Heroes 3: Armageddon's Blade

Adds
-Conflux town, with 14 creatures themed around Elementals (includes the original 4 with upgrades)
-38 New Scenarios
-6 New Stand-Alone Campaigns
-26 New Heroes (11 campaign heroes, 16 conflux heroes and 1 new knight (Sir Mullich)
-23 New Creatures (13 new neutrals including 4 mighty dragons and 10 new conflux creatures)
-2 New Artifacts (Vial of Dragon Blood, Armageddon's Blade)
-Map editor enchanced, random map generator and campaign editors added.
-New map locations and new map dwellings. -Some map locations have been enchanced.
-Heroes that posess the Artillery secondary skill can now control arrow towers during seige combat.
-If a hero currently stands on a trigger of an adventure object, players can revisit the location by pressing the space bar.
-If you have upgraded your creature structures, you may now choose to recruit either the base level or the upgraded creature.
-You can drop off creatures at your mines to guard them. Whenever you revisit a mine (by pressing space bar) that belongs to you, you may set creatures to guard it. Similar to placing creatures in a garrison, creatures are removable.

Heroes 3: The Shadow of Death

Adds:
-7 new campaigns
-38 new stand-alone scenarios
-12 combination artifacts
-New teleport monolith sets and 7 new terrain overlays
-Map editor features mass cut, copy and paste
-Support for Logitech’s Wingman Force Feedback Mouse
-Changed unit stats for Lizardman, Serpent Fly, Angel and their upgrades
-Moats will now inflict a certain amount of damage (70 or 90 hit points) each and every turn you have a creature in them except for the Tower which has mines that inflict 150 damage once
-All Armageddon's Blade expansion features except AB scenarios, AB campaigns, random map generator and the Elemental Conflux town
>>
>>153880476
So a new OP town and some items?

That's pretty meh to be honest.
Anyway, going to try it again. It's been years since I last played it.
What the fuck, I have to buy a spellbook now?
>>
File: homm3map.png (655KB, 773x573px) Image search: [Google]
homm3map.png
655KB, 773x573px
>>153880923
Those are the major things that affect play imo.
Other anon had a more complete list.
As for the map locations I think they can be pretty major, allows you to do a lot more in maps than you could before.
Like you can place Gates tied to those coloured tents for a lasting border that you can only pass if you have visited it.

>What the fuck, I have to buy a spellbook now?
Might heroes don't start with a spellbook.
Except a few I don't remember all of them though
I think Alchemists and Death Knights start with spellbooks, maybe a few more.
>>
>>153881272
It's been so long since I played HoMM3. The only thing I remember about it is that Undead and Demons are distinct, and that it was easily moddable. And had some very fine music.

>>153880901
Ha, not bad.
>>
>>153878681
You seem to know nothing about food production. A significant portion of the land on Earth is being used for food production. If you consider just the land that is actually suitable for it and not the total amount of land (Which counts stuff like Antarctica or deserts which are completely useless for farming), we are using about half of it. How the fuck is food production a "nonissue"? Of course you're going to need large scale farming operations if you want to feed millions, farming requires space.
>there is no reason to assume they couldn't easily grow enough food in small greenhouses, maybe even privately owned,
Sure, you could fill a metropolis with "small greenhouses" and have it be three times as big. OR you could have a few massive farms outside of it instead and not be a complete retard.
>>
>>153878681
food is most definitely going to be a scarce resource in space colonization. you'll have to deal with a shitload of issues that aren't even a part of our 'nonissue' (which it isnt) planet. transportation being the first. its not like you can just plant a couple of fucking crops and you're set for food, especially not on some planet people barely know anything about. the only time when food won't be an issue is when there is no scarcity, when you can develop food out of matter and have an infinite supply of it.
>>
>>153882145

Except on a nonhabitable planet like a barren moon or toxic desert world you don't have space like that.

But you could still grow all the food you need within the structures you build to house the population. Top deck is hydroponics, absorbing solar radiation and growing food.

Especially in the future when plants and food producers are even more genetically modified, not to mention the massive amount of food that could just be shipped in from agricultural worlds. Could you even imagine how much food an ocean world could produce with a few kelp farms near the surface waters?

Seriously, it's an outdated concept. Food belongs in a game like civilization, not for space fairing empires.
>>
>>153882643
I think the idea is to create self sustaining colonies. Sure you could ship all your food in from an agriworld, but why not cut out the fuel costs and just harvest from your own planet. Then if something were to happen to the agriworld or transport, you still can sustain your colony.
>>
>>153882643
>Except on a nonhabitable planet like a barren moon or toxic desert world you don't have space like that.
You also don't have millions to feed, because what the hell would millions of people be doing on notMoon and notVenus? Mining? You can mechanize most of the process, you don't need huge cities and I'm sure as fuck no one wants to live on a Venus analogue.
>But you could still grow all the food you need within the structures you build to house the population. Top deck is hydroponics, absorbing solar radiation and growing food.
You want to live off kelp and asparagus until you die? You don't want cereals, fruit, meat eggs? And even then, the space required for living quarters is smaller than the space it takes to feed a person. "top deck" hydroponics is not a bad idea, but it's insufficient.
>not to mention the massive amount of food that could just be shipped in from agricultural worlds
>agricultural worlds
You were arguing that food production is a nonissue that can be done on negligible areas of land and now you're mentioning whole planets dedicated to farming?
>massive amount of food that could just be shipped in
People would tend to live in worlds where food can be produced so they can actually afford it. Why live in some remote hellhole that needs interplanetary shipping to be viable? The day your supply lane fails for whatever reason you're dead.

There is literally no reason to separate "place where people live" from "place where food is grown". It's inefficient. What are you even going to do with all that free space from not having farms? Even more people? Sounds pretty damn pointless as you're just displacing the food production somewhere more inefficient.
>>
Do you guys know when the paradox discount ends ?
>>
>>153884131
>>153884216
>>
File: 20160904173412_1.jpg (146KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160904173412_1.jpg
146KB, 1600x900px
Are there any gameplay mods for GalCiv3 or are they all just ship/faction mods?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F3GhRXjm5M
>>
I'm reassured, HoMM3 is extremely easy. I don't know if it's the difficulty but the AI is retarded.
>>
File: 20160905025253_1.jpg (519KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160905025253_1.jpg
519KB, 2560x1440px
Does the slaver opinion malus with Enigmatic observers max out at -50?
>>
>>153889591
>Unbidden show up.
>AI does nothing about them for 1000 years.
>AI loves leaving tiny empires that are not even vassalized alive while engulfed in their own borders.
>Empires suddenly shut down after they have expanded to a certain degree and spend the rest of the game idling.

Why is this shit allowed?
>>
So, HoMM3 is fun, but damn, it's brutal.
>any lost hero is lost forever
>can't revive him in a town or free him
>>
>>153859412
I'm more annoyed about the leader choices than anything else. They do look a little TF2-ish...
>>
how do I play gal civ 2
I bought the gold edition on sale because I just had money laying around
but it's pretty different to the other games i've played
>>
>>153892429
Because the AI is really, really bad.
>>
>>153893503
Start with the manual. You can't just jump in.
>>
>>153866150
Why the fuck are you posting in a thread about turn based games then? Fuck off.
>>153868052
Couldn't agree more.
>>153877141
>>153877353
In 4x games, rapid expansion is always good. It is so good some games like Civ 5 they impose rules to limit it arbitrarily)global happiness see above). Colonize aggressively, prioritize the best systems and the most strategic, and prepARE FOR THE INEVITABLE SPACE WARS.
>>
>>153893848
I would but it's really fucking long
which wouldn't be a problem if the game didn't auto-play a fucking voiceover video at snail pace
is there a tl;dr version somewhere
>>
is there a point to going back to CK2 or is it convoluted to the point of being a nebulous mass of conflicting systems at this point
>>
>>153894461
it's still a pretty good incest simulator
also shattered retreat can now be turned off with the new dlc or something
>>
File: inigo.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
inigo.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>153893994
>arbitrarily
>>
>>153894571
Why does everyone hate shattered retreat.
I know the forums were baying for blood with the sound of a thousand wailing souls, but I don't get it.
It's literally nothing.
>>
>>153894461
CK2 has its own general: >>153869020
>>
>>153894667
>station 80,000 men in a city the size of my backyard
>enemy gets to walk around it like they aren't even there
it should have stayed in europa universals imo
it's just a time waster
>>
>>153894667
i just read up on it and it sounds like its going to scare me away from reinstalling and getting the dlc

ck2's battle system is the worst and especially with pingponging armies. It seems they replaced that with an even worse mechanic
>>
>>153893994
>>153894650

I'm not the first guy but I do agree that expansion disapproval is a fucking dumb way of limiting expansion.

Make expansion actually difficult. Make each new planet/area you want to colonize filled with natives that must be destroyed or pacified. Make colonizing actually a challenge instead of just move colony ship/settler to the area and pressing a button.
>>
>>153895093
the new dlc supposedly has a feature to disable the shit shattered retreats as well as some other things
i'd say to ask the general but you probably won't get a straight answer
but hey if you like being royalty and also incest, go for it
>>
>>153862429
You can't found religions as the Congo.
Unless you can steal one somehow.
>>
>>153841249
still would
>>153841724
wouldnt
>>153841949
CUTE!
>>
If one Pop in Stellaris roughly equates to 1 billion people, how many people are in a the armies you recruit?

Just trying to get a sense of scale and visualise how momentous 12 armies dropping from the skies must be.
>>
File: Civilization V roll.jpg (325KB, 872x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization V roll.jpg
325KB, 872x1224px
rolling
>>
>>153898679
>babylon, shuffle maps, diplomacy
what is shuffle type maps?
Also when you roll for fivcotry conditions; do you diable all other conditions or leave them all enabled and just go for the conditioned you rolled?
>>
>>153898930
>fivcotry
kek, dunno how I spelled victory so wrong there
>>
Any 4x gasses with good diplomacy?

Also is there any game where you can use diplomacy to 'force' people to do things? I feel like that should be a feature in one of these games. The entire point of diplomacy is kind of toothless otherwise.
>>
>>153899292
you can't get them to rape you anon
>>
>>153899292
You can force the AI to give you tech, or tribute
>>
>>153899674

What game and how? Also I would imagine the system being for players and AI alike.
>>
>>153898930
pls respond
>>
>>153898930
Shuffle map is a map type you can find once you open advanced setup.

I just disable point victory TBPH
>>
>>153899756
civ2

sometimes the AI demands tribute and can declear war if you decline.

Once I didn't build a city, went around and got units from goodie huts and then demanded tribute and tech from civs that hadn't been able to expand properly.
Then traded tech with those I couldn't bully.
>>
>>153900695
great, thanks
>>
are natural wonders in civ 5 even worth going after? if the rest of the tile around them are shit?
>>
>>153903280
If they don't give happiness don't bother.
>>
>>153898679
I'll roll.
>>
>>153903962
>>153898679
I can't do that shit, I'm just gonna reroll.
>>
>>153900601
Shuffle is one of the map options. I can't actually remember what it does; maybe randomly picks archipelago, continent, pangaea?
As for the victory I leave them all on (except time) because if science victory isn't enabled it fucks up the AI of Korea and etc.
>>
>the new NQ mod changes
>don't have a reddit to tell them it's fucking terrible idea
>some of the balance changes are ok, but some of them are friggin' questionable
>all of the mechanic "balances and bugfixes" though, holy shit they are fucking stupid and need to go
>>
>>153899292

What about something like you can give political gifts to people (not constantly, at a cost of influence or clout or whatever), which grants you some favor with that empire. That empire's PEOPLE are what you gain your favor with. Later that empire can demand something equal or less then the favor cost, forcing a treaty or something devious like that.

While it may be less fun if you can't directly control everything, it would give more power to diplomatic nations. Maybe you can refuse the gifts for a hut to your nations happiness?
>>
>play civ 5
>tall empires are significantly better than wide ones
>AI gets really pissy at you and will attack you or refuse to trade with you if you go wide anyway
>>
File: civ.jpg (55KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
civ.jpg
55KB, 620x350px
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720814397
~
>>
>>153905584
wide is almost impossible even on prince if you don't get the right wonders.
>>
>Yield: +2 Food, +2 Gold, and +1 Production on all Desert tiles for this city (non-Floodplains).

W H Y
>>
>>153906142
Yeah, I hate that they are making Petra even more OP. A wonder shouldn't turn a complete shit city into a god-tier city. It should either turn a complete shit city to an okay city or an okay city to a great city.

I like in CBP all it does is provide +1 gold on all desert tiles.
>>
File: 1462630008392.gif (1MB, 374x352px) Image search: [Google]
1462630008392.gif
1MB, 374x352px
>CBP kicking my ass on Immortal
>try Emperor
>highest score by Renaissance
>>
File: wrathJSVBtag.png (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
wrathJSVBtag.png
2MB, 1200x675px
Can I use mods that add new Eras/Technologies appropriately with the Historic Speed mod for longer Eras?
>>
File: 1472491400573.png (777KB, 1158x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1472491400573.png
777KB, 1158x1508px
>>153906715
Play on Noble and don't try to play optimally, should be relatively balanced then.
>Mother Teresa is a catholic saint now
Wew
>>
>>153906724
Does Gandhi still go NUCLEAR in Civ 6?
>>
>>153907049
Apparently he's supposed to be legitimately peaceful now since they use historical agendas and personality, but he still has a (and I quote) "dark side".
>>
>>153906917
>don't try to play optimaly
Sounds stupid. I only got to immortal by slowly building up my skills. If I play on anything less than the limit of what I can handle then I might as well be playing Settler and there is no point.
>>
>>153907049
>>153907149
it all literally just depends on his quota for starting war in the later ages, which is probably the same as previous games. he never has any bonuses for making nukes or whatever.
>>
>>153907149
Shame that they're ending that long running joke.
>>
>>153907193
>If I play on anything less than the limit of what I can handle
Then why did you drop to Emperor then?
I thought you were complaining about not being able to have fun because it was either too hard or too easy so I suggested you lowering your own skills to keep it fun.

>>153907247
>>153907272
If I had to guess he's probably peaceful throughout the game but will drop nukes as soon as declared war on.
Something something 'path of least resistance to peace'.
>>
>>153907247
>he never has any bonuses for making nukes or whatever.
he never has any bonuses to go to war you mean, if war happens he's just incredibly likely to use nuclear weapons. Which is probably how it always will be.
>>
>>153907419
I'm pretty sure the original glitch applied to warmonger likelihood after you hit industrial era or something, which reduced everyone's warmonger by 1 to simulate (I guess) that people stopped going to war so lightly.
>>
>>153907486
yeah gives him an aggression score of 255 out of 10 or something silly like that.
>>
>>153907419
yep. im tired so my words are all messed up. by 'quota' I mean that his ai is programmed to have a high possibility of creating nukes when he can, when choosing production for cities, compared to other civs.
>>153907486
thats how it was in the original civ, yes. you had a war number, he had the lowest, but when they got democracy, they got an even lower war number, dropping it into the negatives for india, which just put it up to the total maximum, many times higher than any other leader, because of the limitations back them. they toned it down a lot since then, obviously.
>>
>>153907327
I already said why I dropped to Emperor. It was kicking my ass. I lost the last three games or so.
>>
is there a list of bonus the AI gets on each difficulty setting in CBP? I can find vanilla and BNW lists
>>
>>153907606
And yet Emperor is far too easy for you, obviously.
>lost 3 games
>'kicking my ass'
Did you die miserably or did you at least put up a good fight? I've lost games in Civ despite me being #2 or even #1 in score the entire time because of unfortunate decisions or surprise blitzkriegs that took out valuable cities.
>>
File: a4c.jpg (72KB, 600x478px) Image search: [Google]
a4c.jpg
72KB, 600x478px
>>153906724
plz respond.
>>
>>153907601
>tfw Democracy is a tech you should be netting around 700 BC on Noble in C2C

>>153907728
Doesn't it say you can't in the description if it's the one someone linked last (?) thread
>>
>>153907718
None of the games were even close. I played tall and got BTFO. I played wide and got BTFO. I put every iota of my effort into science and I was 20 techs behind.
>>
>>153907979
play C2C then
>>
>>153907572
yeah, max byte value.
>>
What is the single biggest change you could make to Stellaris to make it a better game?
>>
>>153909946
Uninstall.exe
Not even joking, after playing it I actually felt like I had completely wasted my time and hype and I would've been better off having never even tried it.
>>
>>153909946
Haven't a fucking clue, it's pretty poor all round.

There isn't a single strength to the game.
>>
File: Civ5Screen0000.jpg (516KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Civ5Screen0000.jpg
516KB, 1920x1080px
Which spot to settle is better? Where my settler is now or the suggestion by the AI on the coast next to the horses. I want to be able to to get that top gems before Indonesia plus the cocoa to the south, but thinking the river might be more useful in the long run.
>>
>>153912417
Definitely the lower one
It gives you chocolate, the gems in a few turns and dyes
>>
>>153909946
I don't know if "Functional diplomacy" counts as a SINGLE change, but I want some way to bring down enemy nations that doesn't exclusively involve "Lol i fleet u".

Ah, screw it, that's not even what I really want most. Fucking insane crazy unique techs is what I want most. I want to be able to build death stars. I want to e able to build the Force Awakens solar-powered death star. I want to be able to poison 25-pop gaia worlds into cannibal horror slaughter with a mutagenic rage virus. I want to be able to counter-invade the Unbidden. I want to colonise barren worlds. I want to be able to build O'Neill cylinders for pops in space. I want cloning vat facilities not just for soldiers but for "fill up a planet in a year" pops. I want cybernetic attachments that I can put on my pops like hats. I want to disrupt solar coronae to purge whole solar systems with giga-flares. I want to be able to build singularity bombs out of the dark matter resources. I want to be able to message across black hole event horizons for acausal technology from the future. I want to build hypercomputers on the surface of neutron stars like in Revelation Space. I want to find wandering starless planets drifting through the void. I want to turn the gamma ray beams from quasars into doomsday weapons. I want to wake up 500K fleet strength cosmic horrors from Fallen Empire shieldworlds. I want dyson spheres. I want von Neumann probes. I want enemy fleets made of nanobit clouds. I want the R-bombs from The Killing Star. I want Star Trek teleporters. I want that ringworld made out of water they have in Ian M. Banks' Culture books. I want matrioskya brains. I want a running tally of my Kardashev level. I want a tech branch on memetic warfare. I want space elevators. I want to be able to build Port Maw.

It's like Paradox went out of their way to make the least interesting sci-fi game they could.
>>
>>153913328
>It's like Paradox went out of their way to make the least interesting sci-fi game they could.
It's all about trying to break into that lucrative FPS/casual market now.
>>
>>153878681
If you look at the game Stardrive, it did food right.
You can produce food on farm planets and then ship it to other planets with freighters. Actual logistics and supply routes adds such a great layer to 4x I'm shocked more don't make use of it, and instead just repeat the same tired formula.
>>
>>153913490
> It's all about trying to break into that lucrative FPS/casual market now.
I'd have thought that attitude would ENCOURAGE the use of crazytech, rather than sticking you to the plodding "Gotta gradually build up your fleet and economy, goy, don't worry if you sit in front of the game for 10 minutes not doing anything while you wait for your treasuryto fill up, that's not a bug it's a feature!" thing they have going on now.
>>
>>153913660
>>153913490
The problem with trying to break into the casual market is that that market doesn't exist for strategy games.
>>
>>153913551
> Actual logistics and supply routes adds such a great layer to 4x I'm shocked more don't make use of it,
A friend pointed me to Anno 2070 recently, and setting up all your supply routes to eventually get from producing "bricks" to producing "luxury jewellry" is comfy as FUCK.
I'd love something like that in Stellaris.
>>
>>153912785
I opted for the top one, managed to get enough money to buy the top gems tiles, cocoa I got a bit later, dyes were already taken by city state in the pic. Wanted that top gems to get 6 out of 10 gems in the world for my global monopoly. If I wasn't after a global monopoly then year would have gone the lower one.
>>
>>153913779
1404 is best anno.
>>
>>153913779
Off-topic.
>>
>>153915207
> talking about things that should be in Stellaris
> in the civ/stellaris general
Useful discourse there m8
>>
>>153915298
>hurr durr anno is totally relevant guise, i swear!!!!
This is a 4x general, not a city building. Fuck off.
>>
File: Planetary Assault.png (547KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Planetary Assault.png
547KB, 1024x576px
Post stories of your favourite engagements.

>United Nations of Earth and their Pordaxian Commonwealth allies grapple with the aggressive zealot-expansionist Zorfgir Empire.
>bombarding a minor alien world, Zor-Bushan or something.
>It's just a piece of dirt, barely colonised.
>The main Zorfgir Armada arrives in system, blasting away at the blockading fleet.
>No time to get those fortifications all the way down.
>gotime.jpg
>My fleet in orbit gets absolutely WRECKED, 10k vs 3k is no joke.
>The main fleet of 5k is still licking its wounds several star systems away.
>It's just you now lads.
>Despite a few of the transports in a separate fleet getting caught in the slaughter, the larger 10-army force lands unmolested.
>They squash the small defending garrison with relative ease, the debris of their supporting fleet and transports burning up in atmo around them.
>At this point I was wondering why the ground invasion had gone so smoothly.
>Usually the AI fills any threatened planet to the brim with armies, defensive and offensive.

>1/2
>>
File: Planetary Assault (2).jpg (47KB, 670x388px) Image search: [Google]
Planetary Assault (2).jpg
47KB, 670x388px
>>153915445
>At this point I figure, even with the fortifications down as the Zorfgir Armada takes up the blockade, there's no way I'm getting shoved off of this rock.
>Then EIGHTEEN enemy transports appear in the system.
>For a while it looks dicey, but clearly the enemy hasn't been investing in his army like he has his fleet.
>My Human, Pordaxian and Robotic combined forces have been raised on Fortress worlds, recruited at the most prestigious military academy in United Earth space.
>The horde that spills from the alien drop ships is nothing like that, probably conscripted scum dragged from all over the empire and handed a gun.
>It's gruelling, the combat goes on for months as numbers and zealotry are pitted against discipline and equipment.
>Hunter-Killer Drone Swarms are standard equipment for my Human regiments, with the strong but fewer Pordaxion being granted a Psi Corp.
>The defending general Marcos Salero has the Glory Seeker trait, never away from the front lines if he can help it. Taking the fight to the Zorfgir.
>It's close. The turning point is when not one but FOUR Zorfgir hordes have their morale shattered all at once due to the heroic efforts of the Pordaxion Psi Ops Squads.
>Fully half my forces are dead, not one of those left is less than 3/4 in the red. But Victory is Ours.
>Another attempt is made against my wounded 5 armies with 7 fresh enemy ones.
>When the dust settles, the battlefield scorched as the aliens use Full Bombardment against their own planet, it's still in the hands of Earth, 2 armies that have just a smidge of green left.
>2 months later the combined fleets of the United Earth Nations and Pordaxian Commonwealth fend off the Zorfagir fleets, ending the war shortly later.
>The two armies, the 3rd Human Expeditionary Forces (by this point the two allied species have migrated freely for a while now) return home in triumph.

I know it's weird to get so worked up, but you've just got to picture the story behind it.
>>
>>153915514
Earth won again.
>>
>>153915514
nice dude you got some dirt
>>
>>153776718
HoMMV's Succubus and her glorious burning pussy is still the best.
>>
>>153915514
>It's close. The turning point is when not one but FOUR Zorfgir hordes have their morale shattered all at once due to the heroic efforts of the Pordaxion Psi Ops Squads.
Starship troopers hummies backed up by literal meme magician ayys. Humans bringing the bullets while psimancers spam Pepe on the enemy battlenet until their conscripts just run in terror.
I fuckin love it.
>>
Does anyone have a torrent link for the 1.2.5 patch and plantoids dlc pack for stellaris ?
>>
>>153915445
>>153915514

I like this story but do you ever actually need to use troops? I always feel like just bombing the shit out of everything is a better method.
>>
>>153917252
Isn't it faster to just ignore everything, go to their main system, bomb the shit out of their capital, then land troops on it?
>>
>>153909946
More and bigger events would be nice and not just +5 % energy credits but planet wide plagues, xenomorph outbreaks and shit like that.
>>
File: UEF_unite_poster.png (239KB, 434x613px) Image search: [Google]
UEF_unite_poster.png
239KB, 434x613px
>>153915445
>>153915514
Good job.

Now stop losing space battles.
>>
>playing multi Endless Legend as dosh lords
>just hit Age 3 Dosh tech
>no complications to growing to this point
All dis dosh
>>
>>153918050
>producing 1k dust a turn
>keep hitting 2k every turn
>check how much I'm producing exactly
>1999.9
fucking really?
>>
>>153898642
Maybe you can use garrisons to figure that out.
Like the basic units that stand up and fight if you don't have any armies.
What would their real world equivalent be?
Voluntary militias of various real world nations maybe, or look up the smallest armies/pop of nations and base it on that.

Garrison is 2+0.4(per pop over 1).
>>
File: 20160905204545_1.jpg (29KB, 319x197px) Image search: [Google]
20160905204545_1.jpg
29KB, 319x197px
>>153918656
>>
>>153909946
>split minerals into more types where different types of minerals have different uses

or

>add a production stat like there are in most 4x games

or

>Land combat at least as interesting as space combat(you could make it the same, but contained to its own space)

or

>Better UI with hotkeys so you can almost entirely use the keyboard to handle every popup in the game

or

>Mid game crisis(Like Unbidden, but it is not as dangerous and it occurs earlier, like genemodded mutants build a ship and colonize their own world, they keep adding unique op traits to themselves and you can't get their pop)

or

>early game crisis, like pirates but potentially threatening

I think the mineral split solves the most problems.
>>
>>153917087
>>153917087
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:BD5F5711D0F4D7344966A8AA196EE0EACF313F85
>>
>>153919061
Thanks anon
>>
>>153919061
is this just the patch or the whole game
>>
>>153918996
Actually, all of this:

MIneral split / Production stat (doesn't really matter if you have multiple basic resources or split it into basic resource / production from basic resource)
Actually relevant ground combat (because it's totally a good idea that the best army is the basic assault army, right guize?)
Better UI
More events/crisis.

Also, there needs to be some change to ship production and spaceports.
It's pretty dumb that it is essentially impossible for an empire to ever rebuild its fleet after one war, if the enemy simply rampaged through and killed all the spaceports.
Which is ridiculously easy to do.
>>
>>153898642
Millions at least , maybe ten million..?
>>153918730
What's the standard garrison of a 7 billion pop planet?
Look up Earth standing armed forces.
Extrapolate from there
Just a thought from a thot, too tipsy to do it mself.
>>
>>153919890
I always thought a pop was billion and an army million.
>>
>>153915298
Stellaris should also be in /agdg/ instead of here.
>>
>>153921094
Stop answering to yourself and go away already.
>>
>>153920134
Could a million troops pacify a billion pops, all other things equal?
>>
>>153921408
Don't underestimate weapons.
>>
>>153921408
It's pretty doable when they have air superiority etc.
>>
>>153920134
nations armies range between 0-308 soldiers per 1000 people.
Total, not active.
USA is at like 7.
Lower end seems to be at 1-2, so going by 2 as the low end(usa has trained actual troops and put some good attachments on them, north korea has a lot of industrial era trained troops) and what a garrison would be.

Then you'd have like 2 million soldiers per billion pop.
So 50 million strong garrison for a 25 pop planet.
A 25 pop planet has 11.6 units in the garrison, meaning that each unit is like 4.3 million.

Or you could base it on the ww2 scenario in stellaris.
5 armies = Japan+USA+Soviet+Nazi+British armed forces during ww2.
>>
>>153921408
easy with future tech
>>
I want a 4X just focused on the ancient times, like at latest it goes to around the Peloponnese war or to Alexander.

I'd love to do biblical things though like when you conquer a city you can relocate its population as slaves and whatnot, needing to appoint governors to cities and building envoy units to give them certain orders to make sure they build what I want when they can, and facing horrible events like plagues, crop failures, floods, volcanoes, and what not that could set everybody back like the late Bronze Age Collapse.
>>
Spain is the most fun to play by far
>>
I like Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, but I have trouble finding an use for the Jedis.
>>
>>153924665
>65
so close
>>
>>153924743
>743
Not even close.

>>153924666
Now, where are you?
>>
>>153924837
Please don't tell me 666 is filtered because of japmoot superstition.

>>153923666
>>
>>153924910

trip control:
>>153923555
>>153924555
>>
>>153924910
Can't be, Japaneses are afraid of the number 4, they don't care about 7,13 or 666.
>>
>>153924665
I always found them usefull for taking on large groups of generic Blaster troopers and harassing
Also they have mind control
>>
>>153925185
Well, they're good against infantry, but the mechs will totally murder them and they don't deal enough damage against buildings to be turrets removers.
>>
>>153924910
Non-zero gets are disabled on /vg/
Been like that since cuckmoot was around
>>
>>153925397
Been like that since the creation of /vg/ IIRC, the same rule goes for /v/
>>
Are interceptors useful in Endless Space? They're pretty high in the tech tree.

And I heard a patch changed the way weapons work, someone care to explain?
>>
File: everythreadonvround2.png (36KB, 599x768px) Image search: [Google]
everythreadonvround2.png
36KB, 599x768px
>>153926924
We inherited that rule from /v/.

Because /v/ encountered some slight difficulties related to dubs and trips for a while.
>>
>>153788136
Fucking cartoony graphics. God dammit it looks like shit.
>>
>>153788778
Meh looks like Tropico or some other gamio. Not what I expect from Civ, oh well back to Civ II I guess.
>>
>>153927893
Great, now I want to reinstall Tropico.
>>
>>153824092
>rebels can spawn tanks

Seriously, Sid?
>>
>>153928596
Because there's no rebel forces using tanks in the world right now
>>
>>153928596
they're taken from his own cities. notice his unhappiness, once you get below a certain amount, rebel units start spawning near your cities.
>>
File: 1451369601173.png (61KB, 805x673px) Image search: [Google]
1451369601173.png
61KB, 805x673px
Going for a cultural victory as Byzantium in Civilization V. Any advice? General tips on cultural victories as well as advice on what religious policies to take are welcome.

By the way, this is the first time I'm going for a cultural victory and I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>153930435
Get three unique buildings for your religion aka don't play on deity and get Sacred Sites.
spam cities
>>
>>153930503
>Get three unique buildings for your religion aka don't play on deity
I'm planning to play on Immortal. But all three buildings, so mosque, cathedral and pagoda, right? Why would you do that rather than one of the other bonusses?

And going wide for a cultural victory is an unusual strategy, isn't it?
>>
>>153930687
>And going wide for a cultural victory is an unusual strategy, isn't it?

Tell me what you know of the specific cultural victory condition.
What determines a cultural victory?
>>
>>153930687
>>153930503
>>153930435
I find it's better to have at least 1 generic happiness boost just to get a few more cities out; or faith from wonders in order to buy more buildings
>>
>>153927086
>difficulties
you mean every thread derailed into DUDE DIGITS LMAO
>>
>>153930770
Tourism, which is decided by the culture you produce (which buildings like the hotel convert into tourism) as well as great works produced. But the latter is mostly the result of specialists, which favors cities with high populations, right?

Sorry if I sound like a noob, I've never gone for a cultural victory before.

Also, if you advice me to get the three unique religious buildings ASAP I assume this means opening up with the piety policy for that extra piety bonus?
>>
>>153930873
If you're going for sacred sites wide with religious buildings you should be able to buy a pagoda on turn 1 after settling a new city, long before the monument is built.
Extra faith from wonders is nothing for that start.
>>
>>153930996
>But the latter is mostly the result of specialists, which favors cities with high populations, right?

If you have 4 cities and 2 specialists in an Artists guild, or 20 cities 2 specialists in an Artists guild.
What's the difference in your cultural output from Artists guilds?

>Sorry if I sound like a noob
naeh it's fine don't worry about it
>>
>>153892429
ai programmer is a diversity hire
>>
What is this about movement not "rounding up" in civ 6?
>>
>>153931948
Rough terrain now requires 2 movement points to enter. That means if you used a movement point moving onto flatlands, you cannot move onto a hill tile that run (Assuming you only had 2 movement points..
>>
>>153931948
basically in civ 5, things like moving onto hill tiles would take 2 movement points. but if you had 1 movement point left, it would still move you up on the hill, rounding up the movement points. as long as you have 1 move point in 5, you can move anywhere. but in civ 6, you cant. if you only have 1 move point and try to move onto a hill, it just wont, you'll have to wait for the next turn.
>>
>>153931948
Units can't move into terrain that costs 2 movement points if they only have 1 left
>>
>>153932112
Sounds cool.
>>
>>153931024
right but besides the pagoda you also have mosques and what is the other one?
I find it's best to only have pagodas and one other as byzantium (and the second one is optional)

Only pagodas are mandatory
>>
>>153932859
>right but besides the pagoda you also have mosques and what is the other one?
More buildings that you can buy quickly in new cities which will give you more faith.

Sacred Sites gives +2 Tourism for each building bought with faith, so if you are Byzantium and going for it you want to aim for 3 of them.
>>
>>153878681
>The truth is on our own planet the first world civilizations have basically made food production into such a nonissue

What?

Only certain parts of the world are doing an adequate job producing enough food for themselves, let alone enough food to export. The earth will hit "peak food" long before it hits "peak oil" and then we will see some truly horrific wars.

The minute you start shipping food from your fertile homeworld to resource rich shit planets it is all over.
>>
File: 1116-web-bittman1-650.jpg (48KB, 650x392px) Image search: [Google]
1116-web-bittman1-650.jpg
48KB, 650x392px
>>153933207

The oceans have also been fucked over in the past few decades due to overfishing.

The oceans near America and china are already heavily overfished and they are traveling to poorer countries that still practice traditional (sustainable) fishing. Illegal chinese fishing in particular is a huge problem and they have already destroyed the coastal waters around Africa.
>>
>>153933554
America doesn't do that though.
>>
>>153933207
He said
>FIRST WORLD made food production into a nonissue
Which is pretty much what your map shows.

The rest of the world is just a bit shit out of luck.
>>
>>153933207
I think it is important to note that the western world could increase their agriculture a lot, but it simply isn't economical to do so.
I think one of the reasons the europe is so green on that map is due to government subsidies agriculture.

Not to say something like peak food won't be a problem.
>>
>>153933768

The first world will take food from the third world. That is the problem.

Maybe future earth will simply extermine all the brown and yellow races and make a self sufficient utopia, but most sci-fi settings don't show that.
>>
>>153933741
Most of the First World's fishing fleets have come to the realization that if you let the fish population re-grow enough, you will not be out of a job and out of food in ten years.

China is still learning, and China also doesn't give a fuck if their fishing means some nignogs starve to death.

Nemember: Nobody on this planet is as racist as the Chinese.
They despise black people more than any hardcore KKK hillbilly, and south asian brown people are also regarded as essentially subhuman.
>>
>>153933942
>>153933768
>>153933207
I was under the impression that food-wise the problem isn't so much fertility as how the food is being used and lack of subsidizing
>>
>>153933942
>The first world will take food from the third world. That is the problem.
That is actually bullshit.

The problem in the past was that food from the first world was so cheap it drove the farmers in the third world out of business while also feeding those 2nd world countries that failed to feed themselves (most notably, the Soviet Union).

Now, the EU and North America mostly stopped this overproduction, partly by planting fuel crops.

Overfishing is still problematic, but if you look where the worst offending fishing fleets are registered, you will notice that those are not first world countries.
>>
File: New canvas.jpg (824KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.jpg
824KB, 800x600px
Okay, the AI in HoMM3 tends to send its units in the mines, but it also enjoys having doomstacks.

How do they get so many units anyway? My one and only army can barely compete with the three armies they have roaming all the time.
>>
>>153934413
The problem of fishing will probably have to be solved by synthetic fish meat or some shit, which is theoretically not an issue whether it's currently practical or not
There's just too many fucking people in the world to NOT overfish, I mean if you look at the top overfishing nations (China for example) their diet isn't even fucking fish-heavy, there's just that many of them.
>>
>>153934635
People should just stop eating fish
Fishing isn't sustainable and they taste like shit anyway
>>
>>153935135
>I don't know anything about cuisine
People should just stop living, it's boring anyway
I'm serious
>>
>>153934285
>how the food is being used
Well, partly. If it is more profitable to grow fuel crops than food, a bunch of thrid world plantation owners will literally watch their workers starve while they are tending to whatever plant can be turned into fuel.

the easy thing here is of course to scream 'the evil westerners/nortes/first world is doing it!', but the simple fact is that it's local .. . oligarchs, i guess you should call them, landowners, grandees, whatever, who simply sell their products all over the world, mostly to companies in the first world.

>lack of subsidizing
To a degree. It works in India, for example.

The problem is that in Africa, no amount of sudsidies is going to do shit.
First, most of the borders would have to be redrawn to more or less stop the tribal infighting.
Then, the tribal structures would have to go.
Sorry guys, keep your language and folklore and dances alive by all means, but if you want to have a civil war everytime your president for life dies, nobody will invest anything, and the 'country' is beyond hope.

Then, you'd have to start with education, to stop the Islamists and similar 'revolutionary movements', which are essentially extortion posses on a national scale.

THEN you could start with subsidizing farmers.
What we are doing now is sort of like piling all the money up in Times Square, covering it in palm oil and diesel, and setting it on fire while congratulating ourselves for what great human beings we are.

the tl;dr is 'forget Africa, it's fucked'
>>
>>153935220
There are too many people on Earth. We'd need to destroy China and Africa to have a chance.

We're currently overharvesting this planet.
>>
>>153935337
Wholesale genocide of China, India and Africa fucking when.
>>
File: 1467079984701.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1467079984701.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
>>153935337
>China and Africa
>but not India
>>
>>153935250
I wasn't talking about saving Africa. Like honestly, I'm sorry, but there's really fuck-all for anything down there worth saving that they haven't burnt down themselves already. Record the folk dances and be done with them.

>>153935337
>we need to destroy X group of people so we can survive on a throne of corpses and then in 200 years we'll do it all over again
Humanity has finally hit the fundamental paradox of nature.
>>
>>153935453
They don't eat meat, so they consume less.

Ideally, we should also wipe Middle East to get rid of Daech while we're at it.
>>
>>153935453
He's obviously an Indian.

>>153935337
>mfw I'm Chinese
That's not very nice of you.
>>
>>153934635
Fish-farms actually solve most of that problem.
Vietnam, Kampuchea (I think they call themselves that now) and Thailand are doing some pretty effective fish farming.
The Phillipines and Indonesia should be able to do that, too.
Ireland, too.

Spain and Italy have figured a pretty effective way to keep the catch stable by establishing and enforcing no-fishing zones, where the fish population can grow.

Then again, Indonesia is pretty high on the 'civil war because Islam' list, so why even bother with them

Oops, forget you read the last bit.
>>
>>153935569
>mfw I'm Chinese
Honestly feeling sorry for you as an individual but your country and people as a whole are one of the worst cancers on the world right now. From my personal experience dealing with chinese people they are despicable sacks of shit, liars, cheaters, scum.
>>
>>153935701
>Spain have figured a pretty effective way to keep the catch stable by establishing and enforcing no-fishing zones, where the fish population can grow
My ass. Spanish fishers just fish in the French waters.

>>153935569
I never had any good experience with Chinese players. They're all egotistical bag of crap with massive inferiority complex. I'd rather play with Germans than with Chineses.
>>
>/Civ4xg/ - 4x games and genocide general

also, how about all adult men under 5'8 die, unless they're exceptional in some other way.
Like athlete, high IQ, economic succesful, big dick
>>
>>153935852
IQ doesn't prove anything.
I've been identified with an IQ of 175 when I was a kid, I'm still jobless because "we want someone with a little more experience" and I'm on the verge of depression.
>>
>>153935768
When dealing with the Chinese, think 'how would Ideal with a really jewish merchant?'

Then act accordingly.
And no, looting his shop and dragging him to the camps is not the correct answer you fucking /pol/ack.
What I meant was to drive a hard bargain and not let him cheat you.
>>
>>153935701
Would that even work in high density places like China and India
I don't know much about fish farms so I'm not pretending it would or wouldn't, but I can't imagine they'd truck all the way to Africa if fish farms could solve their shit with fish farms, it'd be both cheaper and more efficient.

>>153935768
>country
It's a shit nation. China ended with Ming ;-;
>peoples
desu I've never had any good dealings with most foreigners either. I think this is confirmation bias at work.

>>153935847
>players
What? Like in 4x games or literally choosing China in civilization?
>>
File: kamina_goggles_emperor.png (1MB, 507x1203px) Image search: [Google]
kamina_goggles_emperor.png
1MB, 507x1203px
>>153935852
>4x games and genocide general
awww yiss
>>
File: 1471189279924.png (626KB, 645x909px) Image search: [Google]
1471189279924.png
626KB, 645x909px
>>153935701
We're trying that in Canada, but the fundamental problem is that when you're farming fish (like with any animal) you need to invest more food resources into growing them than you'll get out of harvesting them. And a big part of their diet is cheap species of wild fish.

>>153935768
How many Chinese people have you met in your life? The country is royally fucked and one of my biggest fears in this world, and to be honest the traditional culture is often fucking backwards and destructive (need to cut off more endangered species dicks for muh traditional medicine), but on an individual level they're just the same as anybody else.
>>
>>153935996
>how would I deal with a really jewish merchant?
Well, I have an idea, how about we-
>And no, looting his shop and dragging him to the camps is not the correct answer you fucking /pol/ack.
Dammit.

>>153936025
Playing with Chinese people online. No matter the game, they're always assholes. They get even worse if they know you're not Chinese.
>left 4 dead 2
Enjoy getting shot in the face and never getting any health pack.
>Helldivers
Enjoy getting shot in the face.
>Age of Empires 2
Enjoy getting spammed with "GIMME GOLD" request and then getting betrayed and backstabbed.
>Team Fortress
Enjoy never getting healed or supported in any way unless you have the flag or whatever is used as a flag in TF2.
>>
>>153936198
Oh, well, I'm Chinese and I'm fairly good about it. The biggest issue is that gamers here stop actually playing games past like high school age for the most part, I'm kind of unique I guess because I have boatloads of spare time. You're literally playing 15-18 year-olds if not outright 12 year-olds.

>>153936186
The traditional culture is far superior to the clusterfuck of Western practices -> traditional values and vice versa we have today. Whether or not western culture is superior is something else entirely but it's not really fair to judge uneducated mysticism tier shit against 1800s scientific method. I mean the Europeans did similar shit, the sewers in France and England were transmitting some disease during the 1700s iirc and you guys poured in carbonic acid which solved the problem, but the reasoning was literally "the sewers smell like shit, carbonic acid smells like shit, fuck it can't hurt to try'. Also herbal medicine actually works, since it's more or less the same chemicals just not refined into pills
>>
>Suggesting genocide of some of the world's major producers as a solution
Do you want to destroy the world or what? The economy would completely collapse.
>>
>>153936578
Oooh, that's why.

>>153936620
We have robots to replace the poors.
>>
>>153936620
>do you want to destroy the world or
>implying this is a bad thing
They didn't go far enough
We need to nuke ourselves back into the neolithic era and this time learn the lesson and never come back out. Tribalism is comfy.
>>
>>153936712
That means no internet and no porn.
>>
>>153936712
>We need to nuke ourselves back into the neolithic era and this time learn the lesson and never come back out. Tribalism is comfy.

Reminder that before agriculture the average height of the human male was 6'0.

We have to go back
>>
>>153936025
>desu I've never had any good dealings with most foreigners either. I think this is confirmation bias at work.

With the Chinese all stereotypes are true though, if we are talking mainlander Han.

I travel a lot, for work and play,and you see everyone cringe when the chinese tour buses arrive. Yes American tourists have a bad reputation of being loud and demanding, but the Chinese are far, far worses. They are like locusts.

The worst was in Istanbul a few years back. They just zerg rush in, pushing past everyone to get their photos, and then they spit non-stop. They have an obnoxious Chinese tour guide with a megaphone and they bring their own food bags with them that they filled up at the hotel buffet the night before. They don't spend a dime on local businesses or restaurants.

There are friendly dogs living at the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul and they usually nap in the shade during the day. The Chinese swarmed to their destination and trampled one of the dogs. It yelped and limped off and this 146 year old bastard laughed this evil cackle, and then he spit on the ground and followed the pack.

The turks and vendors and other tourists were all pissed. One of the young men selling guide books said "the Chiinese are always like this".
>>
>>153936620
The economy is going to collapse no matter what, might as well do something useful along with it instead of having it be "Jews played with stocks too much for the 6th time".
>>
>>153936871
Why the fuck are you so obsessed with height? It's literally meaningless unless you're some <5'0 manlet or a >6'6 monster.
>>
>>153936808
But instead you get to fug the comfy girl who grew up next door. That is unless she gets kidnapped by Sigurd Snake-in-the-Pants and you were too weak to get her back.

>>153936880
That's mainly because of the weird culture of selfishness that happened after Deng's era. Before that we were Mao-ist which meant collectivist as fuck and Japanese-tier humble (we'd talk shit behind your back sure but not to your face). Before that we were at war against the nips, before that we were at war against ourselves and the westerners, before that we were late Qing which meant everything was a clusterfuck and before that is the Early Qing era which was traditional and stratified as hell and fairly polite from what we can tell from official records of crime and complaints an shit.
Basically fuck the communists for starting shit and not finishing the job and leaving us dangling halfway between westernized, traditional and maoist
>>
>>153937206
>we'd talk shit behind your back sure but not to your face
Woah. At least in the US, we're honests and not hypocrits.
>>
>>153898679
rolling
>>
>>153936880
>they bring their own food bags with them that they filled up at the hotel buffet the night before. They don't spend a dime on local businesses or restaurants.
Also that doesn't sound right at all from the few times I went out with friends. We might eat at buffets more than actual restaurants and try to save on money but there's literally no point to going out if you're not going to spend money there, you may as well be on the internet.
Everything else sounds about right though but do remember that most of those are essentially hooligans.

>>153937325
No you're not. Most nations in the world will do this to some extent because it's extremely rude to tell someone to their face they're ugly or have a giant nose or sound stupid. The Japanese are, and Maoist Chinese used to be, the more extreme forms of this where they'd basically never explicitly say anything bad about you even when you're not around, you had to pick it up on context.
>>
>>153937179
>It's literally meaningless unless you're some <6'0 manlet

I agree
>>
>>153937476
No, we're honest. If you do stupid crap, we'll tell you to your face, and badmouthing someone who isn't here is considered to be extremely rude on top of being cowardly.
>>
>>153936871
No there's nothing wrong with agriculture because sedentary lifestyles are needed for basically any semblance of society. We just can't go any further and shouldn't be super-reliant on agriculture like classical civilization became.
>>
>>153937206

The Chinese government did try to crack down on the horrible reputation of Chinese tourists. The China National Tourist Administration published a list of things that will cause them to get a travel blacklist (essentially never allowed out of the country again).
>>
>>153937450
Assyria, Diplomacy & Fractal eh
>>
>>153937590
No you are not. I've been to the states.
Also try talking shit about your coworkers while he's around or talking shit about your boss, see what happens.

>>153937605
I know that but like 80% of the shit the government tries to do it's not working fast enough even if it's probably working.
>>
File: chinese tourism.jpg (134KB, 840x470px) Image search: [Google]
chinese tourism.jpg
134KB, 840x470px
>>153937605

This particular incident caused quite an uproar.
>>
>>153937847
Yeah, this is the sort of shit that makes me wish we still had the "nine clans" punishment.
>>
Judging by culture, ethnicity, nationality and the like is all pretty arbitrary and retarded desu.
Humans should be judged on a case by case basis.
>>
>>153937947
That's not possible because of how humans are hardwired, which is to attempt to categorize everything. Even if we made everyone their own category we'd automatically attempt to categorize the categories. It's the entire basis of logic more or less.
>>
>>153937727
Already done. I have been living the states for years, I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>153938073
Sure but we could at least divide the chinese into "shit chinese" and "good chinese" for instance which requires an evaluation beyond just saying "hey they're chinese, let's hate them all equally". That's two categories, shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>153937476
>We might eat at buffets more than actual restaurants and try to save on money but there's literally no point to going out if you're not going to spend money there, you may as well be on the internet.

This was the older ones that I saw doing this. Maybe it was a part of the old generation but they really did bring out clear plastic bags and pack them with food from the buffet, and then tuck them away in their larger travel bags.

I would assume the younger tourists would not be so petty.
>>
>>153937847
>pubic outrage

Yeah, sometimes my dick hair like to get outraged.
>>
>>153924665
Knights are pretty useless, but Masters are 10/10 overpowered since you can convert other Masters if you're playing the right faction. Galactic Empire has the right techs to do it.

it does mean you have to blow ~2-3k Nova to make them that good though, and good luck finding that many Nova crystals at that point in the game.
>>
File: 1472564433473.png (174KB, 276x519px) Image search: [Google]
1472564433473.png
174KB, 276x519px
This whole discussion sounds a lot like olde /gsg/ quality tangents before it became utter shite.
Please don't become utter shite like /gsg/.

>>153938218
>already done
Well then I expect that you have to either have a relatively cool boss or a relatively secure position.
By 'talking shit' I don't mean pointing out mistakes, by the way. I mean actually insulting him to his face or actively attacking him in front of other group members to try and hurt his reputation.

>>153938248
There's a lot more shit Chinese than good Chinese like every single nationality on the planet. Probably why anyone who doesn't hate his own people is likely to hate everyone else instead.

>>153938314
Oh, the older generations are really fucking hyperjew. That's probably because they grew up during either the ending bits of the war, right after the war, or during the Maoist era which was 'everyone is poor as fuck and vinegar is a great luxury'.
>>
>Group A
>90% of group A pose no harm
>that 90% of group A, shelters, protects,educates and arms the 10% of group A that causes harm to other groups, Group A is well aware of this, but they don't care
>Group B doesn't cause other groups harm
>neither does groups C, D or E
>Group B is diminishing due to the harm done by group A
>When the horrors of Group A is criticized a soon extinct cuck from group B(like this anon: >>153937947 ) decides to protect the atrocities of group A because not everyone in that group are bad, most of them only indirectly add to the harm
>>
>>153938435
Well, there are still holocrons in Glactic Battlegrounds, so it's possible.

>>153938514
>Chinese admitting he insults people behind their back
Despicable. People are right to hate you.
>>
File: logic.png (120KB, 720x444px) Image search: [Google]
logic.png
120KB, 720x444px
>>
>>153938648
>despicable
That's /politics/ for you.
I don't because I don't need to, by the way, and at any rate assholes can be a lot worse than simply talking shit behind your back
People who talk shit are relatively harmless if they don't actually have any valid points to make, and acting humble and saying 'well yes, that's my mistake' completely deflates their shittalking

>>153938602
>but they don't care
Do you want us to just shoot them or something
Trying to bend back shit for habits isn't easy, it takes time. Spitting for example is something mostly done these days by old men or women, any young adult or teenager who does so in civilized company earns about sixty sideways glances. We can't really do anything about the old people except wait for them to die, if we tried to fine them it might work but the problem with fining them is that the law enforcement is stretched as is without stopping every other old timer and asking for 1000.
>>
>>153938973
The most despicable thing is the whole "pretending to be humble". In the US, if someone doesn't like you, he'll let you know, intentionally or not.
Asians act nice and friendly and then make fun of you once you're out of sight.
>>
>>153939134
>pretending to be humble
Sorry about that then, because we think the US are rude fucks for being so upfront about it. It's not like we can't tell instantly who's making fun of us behind our backs.
As far as me personally, it's not so much pretending to be humble as being upfront about my mistakes publicly. Yes, I made a mistake. And? As long as it wasn't a massive problem, the other guy has no choice but to shut up both in front of me and behind my back or look like a petty buffoon for pursuing a small fault as some big issue. They don't have much to talk shit [about] when it comes to my performance, so those guys are the least of my concerns compared to assholes who bring it up at the least opportune time or to legitimate hooligans like the ones the thread has already described.
>>
File: 1473052932769.jpg (40KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1473052932769.jpg
40KB, 474x473px
>mfw finally get around to putting C2C on my battlestation instead of the laptop
>mfw try to boot it up on gigantic map with 24 civs and raging barbarians lag be damned
>mfw it can't even initialize and simply freezes
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>153939617
>install C2C
>start a game
>have to read entire lists of stats for literally everything I can build/research every two turns
>opening any menu takes literal seconds
>everything I do adds like 1% to something
I wish I could enjoy this mod but it feels so cluttered and unnecessary comprehensive, they just added as much shit as they could to the detriment of gameplay
>>
>>153940727
It's actually incredibly enjoyable once you get the hang of it. It also isn't meant to play like a normal civilization game, it's meant to be kind of in-between civilization and a gs game.
did you like how you were locked out of like 70% of buildings depending on where you started
>>
>>153940727
>>153940850
Also what game speed are you playing on? You really should be playing on Eons or Eternity, and most of the stats are fairly comprehensible, the only thing that has any sort of confusion is the idle tick for disease, crime and shit. I get that it tends towards 0 without modifiers but I wish there was a view where I could see what's contributing to it.
In your first run go on Warlord, it'll be fairly easy if you can play Emperor or above but it leaves plenty of wiggle room. Some promotions are worth a lot less on your first run
Criminal units are really powerful early game since they can attack without war
Hammers are god, even more than they usually are.
Persistence Hunting and Herbalism are your first priority techs.
Do NOT go to war early.
Try to broker war between your enemies but intervene with criminal units if one side is looking like it's about to win, if they take a second city that's a bit much early game
Barbarian Neanderthals are almost unstoppable before you get spiked clubmen, if you have to take them on try to surround them.
Great Hunters shouldn't be settled, make them into the unit instead and send them off on autohunt - they're basically invincible against anything but shit like elephants and mammoths and hunting is a great boon early game.
Joan of Arc's profile picture is sexy looking in a chaste manner
a good computer is a literal necessity.
I finally got it to start up this time, dunno what the problem was because it isn't even lagging right now
>>
>turn 694
>game crashes
>reload
>game crashes again on same turn
Note to self: NEVER play modded Marathon games.
>>
>>153943605
>700 turns
Kek
t. 4300 turns in C2C so far
>>
>>153941496
Didn't notice there was even slower speeds, guess I'll try it again sometime.
>>
test
>>
>>153945454
Did it work?
>>
File: for free.png (12KB, 1349x131px) Image search: [Google]
for free.png
12KB, 1349x131px
>>153946031
Yes
I've confirmed that you can post just fine wherever, but if you try to make a /kspg/ thread, this happens
>>
>>153946437
>kspg
Qué?
>>
>>153946437
They banned /kspg/? For real? Good fucking riddance.
>>
>>153946534
Well, for the past month or so they've been trying their best and pulling all the tricks they can
>>
>>153946437
>>153946534
>>153946858
y tho
>>
>>153947134
Quality 4chan moderation, as usual
Another general could be filled with spamming and reports flying everywhere, and they'll still sit there stalking the catalog in case that gosh darn kerbal shitposters make another thread
>>
>>153946534
Who's /kspg/?
>>
>>153947269
>mods are autistic
Okay, but why /kspg/.
>>
>>153947269
>kerbal
ah
>>
>>153947439
Mod(s) have a grudge, and are autistic
>>
>>153947343
Kerbal Space Program.
>>
>>153946437
>/kspg/
Well, is not like Squad can do anything right anyway.
>>
>>153947439
Because they are by far the worst shitposters on this board.
>>
File: Domenico.png (873KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Domenico.png
873KB, 1280x1024px
F
Only 14 years old when we got ftl, and as an adult he surveyed half the galaxy and found more anomalies than any one else.
>>
>>153947947
RIP in pieces.
>>
>>153947910
Worse than /wowg/ and /gsg/?
>>
>>153948054
And worse than /nepgen/.
>>
>>153946534
>>153947910
>>153948160
You can just fuck right off with that shit m80
>>
>>153948939
Ayyy.
>>
>fleet of 18 battleships
>same exact class
>they're listed in two groups, 14 in one, 4 in the other
>look through them, the exact same design
>can upgrade them though, do so
>still split in two types
>>
Been puzzled a bit by a choice in Stellaris

Any idea on why kinetic weapons has the only anti strike craft weapon other than point defenses in the game?
>>
>>153949902
Should really be able to pick what type we want to upgrade to.
>>
>>153950210
They're all named the same class so it's even weirder.
Exact same loadout, same name.
Hovered over them thinking maybe one 4 of them god a different ship modifier from a tech or something, but they were all identical.
>>
>>153950332
Okay now when I left the system and then came back to look at them they're all in the same list.

That really bothered my autism.
>>
RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>153951214
It's shit anyway.
You're not missing anything.
>>
>>153951214
lol

>>153950086
Nevermind, I probably won't even play vanilla again if somebody paid me to

Pic related:
The small slot now gets a bonus in accuracy/rate of fire rather than just damage giving you a reason to upgrade them against missiles.

Medium slot is for pwning strike craft.
>>
File: Plantoids.png (619KB, 1274x641px) Image search: [Google]
Plantoids.png
619KB, 1274x641px
>>153951214
It's linked in the thread.
Was also linked two threads ago.
>>
>>153951510
Nice mod.
Felt like energy weapons were a bit underpowered so nice that they get their own point defense.
>>
>playing Star Ruler 2
>lasers and energ weapons don't use supplies
Um. Okay?
>>
Why are you here and where are you going?
>>
>>153956065
I don't know. I'll find out when I get there.
>>
File: Building_paradise_dome.png (21KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Building_paradise_dome.png
21KB, 100x100px
>>
What are the basic strategies for Heroes of Might and Magic? Should I have one doomstack or several heroes?
>>
>>153951747
Cheers, anything you want in or changed?

Its been about a month since the last snippet feedback
>>
>>153967460
The basic is having a main doomstack and secondaries to ferry troops.

Going full optimal is stuff like having a second (and third, even) hero taking the slowest troops off the main hero at the end of turn so the main hero always has full movement.
>>
>>153967460
You should have as many heroes as you can afford, but you have a main hero that does most if not all of the fighting.

Levelds and items buff your armies a lot, and you don't want to suffer losses on units that your main hero uses from your other heroes.

You can have 8 heroes on the map.
You can have more heroes than that though, by moving them inside the city.

So if you see a +350 gold, or a +1resource hero, or one with estates it's usually worth it to buy them just to move them inside the city.

Like other anon says it's can be useful to drop the slowest troops in your army.

Say you're Stronghold and you start with Crag Hack.
You get another Stronghold city and later on you get two other towns.
You have already some infrastructure up in your first two Stronghold cities and you can get double dwelling from them, so to make your hero as powerful as possible you probably want him to have all the creatures from Stronghold.

Later on you may find that you have enough gold to support both your Stronghold Cities and don't have infrastructure left to build for them.
By that point you might conquer a new town with infrastructure or build up one of the other two towns.
The armies you get from those towns might not fit well into your hero, so you might as well put them on a secondary hero.

Over time you orcs are probably getting low enough that you replace them with a high tier unit of another town though, or even take the best unit from your secondary hero.

A secondary hero often gains a lot of levels from their first fight since they don't have a lot of experience and fight larger battles initially then your first hero did during the first weeks.
It can be a good idea to prepare them by visiting map locations that buff them, and make sure to use courier heroes to get redundant items from your main hero over to it.

Defeated opponents heroes that have already gotten a lot of experience make for great secondary heroes if you can find them in the tavern.
>>
>>153967070
>build a paradise dome
>everyone on that planet spends all day fucking pornstars in VR
>lose all production
>>
so how is Stellaris compared to Master of Orion?
>>
>>153971186
>Gotta work hard to get access to the paradise dome this weekend
>>
>>153971357
>restrict access to the pleasure dome
>fat NEETs and middle aged men stage a revolution and overthrow the planetary government
>have to bomb the entire planet and start over
>>
>>153971186

>Individualist nation researches rare Hyper-Entertainment Forum
>A little later researches some crystal
>+10% empire wide happines and +10% happiness to planet where as Hyper-Forum just gives +15% to planet
>>
>>153971536
>fat NEETs
oh, no, not fat neets
Purge
>>
>>153971536
>a population declares the pleasure dome to be against god or whatever
>get ethic deviance : zealot
>rebel
>get crushed, slaughtered and massacred by everyone else on the planet
>>
>>153971186
>throw a cat in the pleasure dome
>suddenly khajit appears on the planet
>>
>>153971186
>be prudish spiritualist/xenophobe/militarist
>replace pleasure domes with thunderdomes and military academies
>>
>>153971340
What the hell is wrong with Master of Orion's economy? You barely break even with planet resources alone, and trading with another race makes you filthy rich.
>>
File: UtilitySlots.png (39KB, 1129x715px) Image search: [Google]
UtilitySlots.png
39KB, 1129x715px
Some brainstorming on how you could possibly mod utility slots.
Figured more defensive types in a variety of shields could be interesting.
>>
>>153971536
>PROCRASTINATORS UNITE
>TOMORROW
>>
>>153771821
>TELELPoTERS R GUN STEEL SOLES GUISE
What a fucking hack fraud
>>
File: excuse me.png (786KB, 1280x711px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.png
786KB, 1280x711px
>enemy AI asks me not to spy on them
>agree and remove my spy
>ask the same of them
>they get angry and refuse
>>
>>153982558
>settle new city close to my other cities
>AI tells me not to settle in their lands
>I say ok
>they settle right in between my three cities
>get angry when I ask them not to
>>
File: 1fye8956v6seb5thi979_400x400.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1fye8956v6seb5thi979_400x400.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>153983772
There is only one solution...
>>
File: 1459694005144.jpg (40KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1459694005144.jpg
40KB, 427x427px
>>153984019
...the final solution
>>
ok does religion have any diplomatic/cultural/tourism effects? Why would I spread religion to other cities? Is there any benefit apart from boosting the effects of follower beliefs? Civ 5
>>
>>153985798
Positive diplomatic bonus for spreading it if the nation hasn't founded their own religion. Different beliefs can give you a lot of culture and/or tourism. You also get a percentage modifier to attract tourists from nations that share your religion.
>>
>>153985798
Absolutely huge tourism modifier.
>>
>>153983772
>>153982558
you know, something that might help AI is allowing players to set their stance towards the bots.

as it is, its all based on how the AI perceives the player--how the player affects the AI. there's no return of feedback to the AI. all it has is a perception of the player so it can't compare that to how the player feels about the AI with a set number. sure racial traits or whatever other Chosen/Inherent Faction Trait will influence it but there is no 'the player perceives you as: <these numbers> for <these reasons>'.

since AI are really just complicated sets of numbers, giving them more numbers to work with might (??) give them more to latch on to. so if it does something fucking stupid like putting a settler right next to your cities, you can tell it 'hey fuck off, that's 50DKP minus for doing that', and the AI could take this empirical number and judge for itself 'how much do I value the player's perception of my actions?' and then act accordingly.

or it'll still be just as stupid and nothing will have changed.
>>
>>153898679

Rolling.
>>
>>153986189
>>153986310
interdasting, thanks senpaitachi, gonna keep spreading my religion then
>>
>>153986370
that's a good idea, the AI has no idea if you are pissed off or not which is annoying in these games. You're always reacting to the AIs decisions, unless you go full warmonger of course then it doesn't matter.
>>
Fuck you Zulus I wanted a nice peaceful game!
>>
File: shh no tears.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
shh no tears.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>153990101
>tfw no iron
JUST FUCK MY CIV UP
>>
>>153750617

>3man mp game, playing with custom races modeled after 40k
>I'm Kroot and spawn next to Orks, one is Tau and spawns next to Imperium on the opposite side of the galaxy, one is an independent Inquisition and spawns next to Eldar
>AI is on hard, gets better starts than us, all factions are xenophobe and militarist because 40k, they go to war with us ASAP
>Imperium wrecks the Tau
>Orks wreck my fleet, but I have full defensive armies on all worlds
>the Orks just sit above my homeworld with an ever-growing fleet, destroying any spaceports I build but not invading
>in this time, I discover the Inquisition player with a science ship; I finished upgrading the warp drive, which let it jump far enough to reach him, just days before Orks entered the system and destroyed my last spaceport
>Inquisition player agrees to colonize a world and give it to me if I become his vassal
>it's all humans at first, but I'm able to transfer one Kroot pop when I get planetary admin
>use this to build my own colony ship, colonize big tropical world nestled behind Inquisition
>I am able to wait long enough for 5 pops and planetary admin, and then I can transfer all my Kroot pops to this world, even the ones on my blockaded and bombarded homeworld
>I destroy all buildings in my original planets
>Orks finally invade my homeworld after literal years in orbit
>surrender to Orks
>They get 3 planets with no pops and no buildings
>I have my own cozy arm to expand in and plot the reclamation of Pech

Whats funny is that this is actually more or less what happened in 40k lore - Orks wrecked the Kroot, and they became de facto Tau vassals after the Tau bailed their asses out. Granted, the Inquisition are less likely saviors...
>>
>>153986370
Paradox has done this in previous games. The AI is still retarded, but you also get players being mad because the way they feel about another empire isn't reflected by the number the game assigns.
>>
>>153792372
I saw that too.

Ridiculous.
>>
>>153947947
You should name a planet after him
I named one of my cities in Civilization Ivangrad after a Great General who more or less singlehandedly stopped a 'coalition army'.
>>
>>153986370
Sounds like a good idea
We could set ourselves as 'unfriendly' towards an AI and so their enemies try to strengthen relations with us instead or set ourselves as 'friendly', making their allies try to secure relations with us
It'd probably result in powerblocs by late game.
>>
>>153993814
Don't forget
It should have been $20
>>
>>153996251
What a steal!
>>
>>153951747

>Felt like energy weapons were a bit underpowered

Are you kidding me?

The current meta is to go 100% energy weapons.
>>
>>153971340
Stellaris is incomplete shit
Master of orion is polished but shallow shit.
Take your pick.
>>
>>153998657
I am really bad at these 4x space games. The enemy always seems to have so many ships. Like sure I won a science victory but that isn't going to stop Space Hitler from knocking down my door when he reaches me.
>>
File: everything is fine.jpg (487KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
everything is fine.jpg
487KB, 1920x1080px
i've got this
>>
>>153935996
I chose not to deal with the Chinese.

Your people are scum, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>153898679
here we go
>>
>>153936578
You guys have made entire species go extinct in your search for a pill that will make your dicks worth sucking.

Your 'medicines' are complete bullshit.
>>
>>153937847
Were they able to repair the damage?

He put his own name in the graffiti? What a stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>153938337
>Not trimming your pubes so that they're nice and tidy.

Every two days, anon.

Every two days.
>>
>>153999748
>bringing it up again
M8 literally all medicine worldwide before about the 17-1800s were based off herbal treatments of 'medicine grasses' which are essentially the non-purifed forms of western medicine today. Stop taking the exceptions as the rule.
>muh mercury pills
Never used except for nobility and was considered superstition at any rate by the Sui period.
>muh dicks of endangered species
The concept of an endangered species was not even a thing at the time we're talking about. The Brits very nearly made the Yew tree go extinct for their longbows as well.
>>
>>154000000
>>
>>153996251
They couldn't possibly be that deluded.

That's one-third the asking price of the game.
>>
File: TheGreatestOfTheJuden.png (98KB, 1291x519px) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatestOfTheJuden.png
98KB, 1291x519px
>>154000138
That's what you'd think.
>>
>>153999994
You guys are STILL grinding up tiger-dicks to make into dick-pills.

You're STILL slaughtering rhinos to grind up their horns to make into even MORE dick-pills.

These are animals, any one of which is worth about the same as a hundred Chinese, and you're killing them because you think they'll make your dicks bigger.

Why do you guys even WANT big dicks?

YOUR WOMEN ARE ONLY FOUR FEET TALL!
>>
>>154000154
Johan sounds like a very silly man.

What a dumb sack of bullshit he is.
>>
>>154000265
Tiger hunting is illegal here.
Rhino hunting is illegal here.
The fact that there are poachers and that there's a shitton of us meaning there's a shitton of poachers doesn't suddenly make this official stance.
Dick pill ads aren't even a thing here compared to in foreign countries in my experience - I opened a google account as a throwaway to sign up on foreign sites, within three months I'd gotten dick ads. I've never gotten a single spam ad in all 20 years of life here.

>YOUR WOMEN ARE ONLY FOUR FEET TALL!
My sister is 178 cm which is very nearly six feet.
>>
How do you guys name your vessels?

I've been trying to think of a theme, something unified throughout and easily memorable.

If I'm remembering correctly, this is everything that you can name in the Ship Builder screen:

Military Vessels:
>Corvette
>Destroyer
>Cruiser
>Battleship

Civilian Vessels:
>Construction Ship
>Science Ship
>Transport Ship
>Colony Ship

Immobile Vessels:
>Defense Platform
>Defense Station
>Fortress
>>
>>154000528
That depends on who I'm playing as.
Humans get legendary figures so you have the Byrnhildr-Class Corvettes, the Thor class cruisers, the Amaterasu-class Battleships, etc.
If they're insects or something I just name the class after the actual class of ship so it's Corvette-class corvettes.
If they're mushrooms I name them after mushrooms, you have the Death Cap-class battleships, the Destroying Angel class destroyers etc.
If they're anime I usually just call them [something] princess, so Shattered Princess-class corvettes, Heavenly Princess-class cruisers, Divine Princess-class Battleships, etc.
>>
>>154000381
>My sister is 178 cm which is very nearly six feet.

Tits or GTFO.
>>
>>154000660
>Not naming them after neps
>>
>>154000528
On my last playthrough I decided to name my military ships after archaic and historical weapons and kit them out for roleplay purposes instead of tachyon spam. So I called a battleship focused on close-range DPS the "Greatsword-Class" and a battleship that carries torpedoes the "Trebuchet-Class", for example.
>>
>>154000528
Name Military Vessels and defense platforms after Scientists and Generals
Name civilian vessels after governers
>>
>>154000845
Only if I'm using the nep imageset.

>>154000837
>being so thirsty you ask for tits of anon's sister when there's no legitimate reason, /a/ storytime bullshit aside, for him to have pictures of his sister's tits
>>
Who doesn't like tits?
>>
File: 1472649820174.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472649820174.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>154000971
Gay people
Even girls like tits.
>>
>>154001083
By God, they're amazing.
>>
>>154001083
Incorrect. I'm gay and I can still appreciate the flesh orbs.
>>
>>154001083
>Gay people
You mean landwhales.
>>
>>154000528

So the difference between those ships is just size? For military I mean.
>>
>>154000528
Are you asking for 11 words, or names, all thematically connected, to be used in naming these 11 things?
>>
>>154001219
More or less
The fact that they have different sizes also means they have different functions though
>>
>>154001134
You see? We CAN get along!
>>
>>154001270

Why would you ever use a smaller ship with less weapons and defenses?
>>
>>154001349
You mean in Stellaris or in real life?
>>
>>154001394

Stellaris you shit
>>
>>154001445
>playing stellaris
>>
>>154001445
You don't since battleships with lances beat everything.
If the game was balanced properly and battles were more than blob vs blob, battleships would be slow and prohibatively expensive. The bulk of fleets would be cruisers and escort destroyers, with corvettes for PD picket duty.
>>
>>153776718
>That 2006
So is Age of Wonders any good?
>>
File: 1463935964227.jpg (189KB, 430x660px) Image search: [Google]
1463935964227.jpg
189KB, 430x660px
>>154001083
>>
>>153995123
>You should name a planet after him
Yeah I was thinking of doing that
>>
>>153997797
I was sarcastic.
I think weapon mods are interesting, but adding point defense to other types of weapons isn't something that was needed.
>>
>>154003708
>>153997797
>>153951747

Whatever do you mean? Energy weapons are fine
>>
>>154003892
>blue laser above red laser
>>
>>154003892
But can a fleet using these beat an equally sized fleet with tachyon lance beamspam? I don't think so.
>>
File: Defenses + Kinetic Weapons.jpg (948KB, 1940x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Defenses + Kinetic Weapons.jpg
948KB, 1940x1100px
>>154004078
Tachyon lances are only available via that event and Fallen empire reverse engineering.

Particle lances also exist but have 0 weight in the research tree. So you don't draw it.

That being said. Combat Lancers have slightly more DPS than the tachyon lance, but have 50 range compared to 75.
>>
Devus Diarius
>>
Has anyone here played any of the Graviteam Tactics/Achtung Panzer games? If so would you recommend them? Not entirely 4x, but /wgg/ is dead so I've got no one else to ask.
>>
>>154004393
>Pirates are now Mining Drones II
Wow such an improvement.
I'll be happy as long as those irrelevant shit space creatures are really more clustered and less scattered around so I can safely ignore them until I feel like killing them instead of having to constantly alter the survey path manually for science ships.
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-06+at+06.15.20).png (98KB, 1868x360px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-06+at+06.15.20).png
98KB, 1868x360px
>>154004393
A little more from Wiz on SA (since he's frequented it from before he was hired at Paradox).

The latter comment is about a reply regarding "Sunk cost fallacy is a fallacy for game features too." (which itself refers to someone saying it might be hard to remove ground invasions from the game after all the work that's gone into them).
>>
>>154004393
>Grounding the Space Creatures
doesn't matter
>Space Piracy
dumb
>>
>>154004393
>And here we come with more useless retarded features that add nothing to the game!
>We could be fixing the broken AI and broken diplomacy, but I think it's better if we make those annoying space creatures that no one cares about into a slightly more annoying thing so maybe someone will care about them.
>>
>turn 17
>first other civ I meet is England
>next turns she denounces me
why is lizzie such a bitch?
>>
>>153746352
>op stellaris mod archive
What the hell am I looking at, how am I supposed to "look" for stuff?

possibly related
>build AI make synths
>AI getting unhappy due to starving if people are already starving
>AI can't colonize terraformed tomb worlds
>AI taking 2.5 years to develop per pop one at a time
>AI bitching about not having a robot leader AND I CAN'T GIVE THEM ONE

All I wanted was to turn all my kind into robots
>>
>>154005373
>terraformed tomb worlds
>>
>>154004393
Cheers senpai

>>154004721
I think Heinlein's supposed to include an autosurvey tech, so you won't actually have to base your first contact strategy around science ship micro any more.
>>
>>154005272
>turn 26
>meet alexander
>denounces me
these fags are asking for a scorched earth game
>>
>>154005373
Oh right
>get project to try and "fix" terraforming project
>planet is already to my liking
>negative -10 for "not terraforming"
>do a real terraforming
>-10 is still there
>>
>>154005440
Yeah but it's a technology and won't be early-game because we want you to micro and enjoy the scenery :DDDD
>>
>>154005427
oops, ment
>can't colonize tomb worlds unless terraformed
>>
>>154004393
>RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE
I still can't get over how retarded this is.
>>
>>154005543
>>can't colonize tomb worlds unless terraformed
tomb worlds can't be terraformed
>>
>>154005458
>meet dido turn 40
>meet theodora turn 46
>both friendly
this is why they are best girls
theodora wins tho
>>
>>154005480
The design choices in this game are so fucking dumb.
>We really want every playthrough to feel UNIQUE and EXCITING man that's why we've prepared such a variety of experiences and you need to micro everything early game to FEEL them.
>By your fifth playthrough you're tired as shit of everything you see because you've already seen it before and it's boring, and you just want to get to the mid game as soon as possible.
>Alien projects are not even worth the six months of research they waste.
>You will never ever research other alien civs because they'll do it anyway and it saves you research.
>You're finally in the midgame, it's all about killing your less friendly neighbors and finding whichever planets are not total shit to colonize them. You've done the exact same every game before this one because there's nothing else to do. Oh and micro the annoying construction ships as well because why not.
>By the late game you're already the overlord supreme of the galaxy and your almighty tachyon lance fleets can tear through anything. One of the irrelevant late game "crises" will show up and you'll mop them up in a couple years because they are weak and dumb as shit. Hell you can do nothing about them and still win because they are braindead.

So it's basically "micromanage everything until the midgame, when there's suddenly nothing to do other than going to war once in a while, then stomp the crisis, assorted fallen empires and "strong" neighbors until you win".
>>
>>154005942
Literally what the four Xs are about, dudeski.
>>
File: no.png (2KB, 148x22px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
2KB, 148x22px
>>154005942
>>
>>154006068
Distant worlds does them better though.
>>
>>154006125
Let's be honest, Distant Worlds came out years ago and had, what, THREE expansions?
Of course Stellaris will be way better in three years after a shitload of DLCs.

And of course Paracuck will keep it not fun unless you spend money on DLCs, and of course this is a sickening market practice.
>>
>>154006068
Every single game of Distant Worlds I've played has been more interesting than a game of stellaris and I've played that game dozens of times. The game's just boring as shit. You could replace every single enemy with either "the friendly guy" or "the unfriendly guy" and it would make zero differences in your playthrough. Anomalies are largely irrelevant save for a few exceptions that can actually be fun.

I don't even know how they managed to make a game like Stellaris so boring.
>>
>>154006297
See >>154006249

It's like comparing Call of Duty to motherfucking Doom and complain that all weapons feel the same in CoD.
>>
>>154006249
There's no excuse to release an inferior game after a superior one. Next you'll be apologizing for firaxis launching civ 5 more barebones than 4, or BE more barebones than 5 at the time, when if 6 pans out it will launch the way both 5 and BE should have. Also paradox's hubris in 4x design is readily apparent and documented.
>>
>>154006543
>There's no excuse to release an inferior game after a superior one
There's actually one, but that would only work if Firaxis was a small studio and if Civ4 flopped : the need to money.
>>
>>154006543
man fuck firaxis, they launched civ 4 more barebones than civ 3 complete
>>
>>154006543
Civ5 offered new things though, even in vanilla.
>>
>>154006662
BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT
>>
>>154006662
1UPT is a new thing, sure.
It's just not a good new thing.
>>
>>154006726
1UPT can be a good thing
Not in the Civ5 way though
>>
>>154006726
>opinion
>>
>>154006726
1 UPT is a good thing imo, but the horrible AI isn't a good thing
>>
>>154006726
It was great because it meant that people who relied on facerolling with doomstack had to develop a sense of tactics.

Far from a great system though.
Civ2 did it better since it didn't sacrifice ease of movement and still had it easy for the AI to utilize
>>
>>154006662
Civ 5 offered one big new thing that does not excuse omission of tried and true old things. Gods and Kings should have not been neccessary because all its features should have been in the base game, you cannot refute this.
>>
>>154005937
>spoiler

RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE
>>
>>154006954
I'll never get over how RETARDED this is. It's like that bitch on Twitter who once yelled at me because I said "he" instead of "xe".

Because using "they" when the gender is undefined is not a thing, no sir.
>>
>>154006913
Even after letting the game settle in vanilla and waiting until an expansion, religion still started out as incredibly imbalanced.
The religion system is not a great one and isn't inherent to civ games.
Easily refuted.
>>
>>154007037
>religion isn't inherent to civ games
Yeah, it's not like religion heavily influenced mankind. It's not like even now, we still have problems with religious fuckwits.
>>
>>154007101
I know right, it's 2016!
>>
>>154006908
>doomstacks
>a problem
End yourself. Civilization before Civ V wasn't ever some sort of tactical wargame that 1UPT made it, it completely destroyed the fucking gameplay. Whether or not you thought the game was good aside, it literally wasn't part of the same series.
>what is collateral damage
>>
>>154007101
Civ 1-3 had no religion, and only referenced in techs. Just like vanilla civ5.
That is enough to show that it influenced mankind.
I don't mind that a religion system is in place in the game, but it really isn't inherent to the civ series or necessary.
>>
>Civ5fags can't refute this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxcRFZm7jDw
>>
So I did an observer game of stellaris just to confirm what I already knew.
>AI cant exploit slaves
>AI pacifists get fucked
>warp is vastly inferior to hyperlanes and wormholes unless you start on the extreme fringe where its only slightly better than hyperlanes early game.
And an interesting tidbit
>talanted indirect democracy races have explosive starts with their level 3 leaders.
>>
>>154007415
Doomstacks were the worst shit
1upt could have been good but ended up being barely above domstacks
Now 6 is finally getting it right.
>>
>>154005942
>he doesn't enjoy star trekking throughout space in the early game
>>
>>154007842
Doomstacks literally were not a threat, against anyone competent you'd simply get withered by catapults and artillery and you lose flexibility and the ability to weather frontlines if the enemy split up his own stack to destroy your cities.
Not to mention in mods like C2C doomstacks that got surrounded would take horrendous penalties to attack and defense, if you weren't stupid you could never doomstack.
>>
>>154005942
This is a depressingly accurate account of my own experience.
How the fuck did they manage to make a sci-fi game that has AI rebellion, intergalactic Mongorianids, and beings from the 5th dimension boring?
>>
>>154007970
Never said they were a threat, they were just retarded.
>>
>>154008037
How are they retarded? At the very least the AI knew how to use them and against players it didn't even matter because any player who even touched anything Warlord or above would know how to use collateral damage.
1UPT is inferior in literally every way including micromanagement despite having like a quarter of the troops compared to doomstacks because the stacks could be given orders together instead of one-by-one cluttered carpet-of-doom.
>>
>>154008189
>>154008189
>>154008189

bread
>>
>>154007517
>doesnt attack
>wonders why he gets beaten
if I just stand here they will eventually get tired r-right?
>>
>>154007415
>get proven wrong
>"kill yourself!!!"
1UpT haters, everyone. Enjoy these nice arguments.
>>
>>154008587
See >>154008178, >>154007970 which are both me.
>>
>>153763731
Victoria (((Greenberg))).
>>
>>154005937
>dido
>not instantly betraying you
>>
>>154005942
Don't forget that you can only do one at a time now because paracucks fucked the system
>>
File: swedes dlc.jpg (129KB, 495x738px) Image search: [Google]
swedes dlc.jpg
129KB, 495x738px
>>154000154
Thread posts: 763
Thread images: 125

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.