[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/smtg/ - 真・女神転生 / Shin Megami Tensei General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 754
Thread images: 169

File: 56139039_p0_master1200.jpg (446KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
56139039_p0_master1200.jpg
446KB, 1024x768px
>SMTIV Final/SMTIV Apocalypse information
http://pastebin.com/Xmjsuv0D

Participate in the new /smtg/ sings:
http://collabedit.com/uvwta
http://pastebin.com/dKLqugTC

>MTII translation project
http://www.dmanufacture.com/t-dds2.php?build=5
(This build is downloadable and playable)

>Starter guide
http://i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
http://pastebin.com/bd3Bgfj8

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
http://pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>New OST links
http://pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
http://pastebin.com/kmMsiz1d

>Booru
http://smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
http://pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

>SMT If... Tips & Tricks:
http://pastebin.com/KiwVr9Vy

>running Giten Megami Tensei in windowed mode with Chiitrans:
http://pastebin.com/T6KkHxW7

Last Thread:
>>153316814
>>
Samarecarm!
>>
>>
File: 1439280008060.png (32KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1439280008060.png
32KB, 512x384px
Hee ho
>>
mudo
>>
hama
>>
File: 1459001577088.jpg (81KB, 295x449px) Image search: [Google]
1459001577088.jpg
81KB, 295x449px
>>153459641
>>153459676
Fuckyoudyne

>>153457007
/smtg/ sings fucking when? Come on, let's sing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9hfbTv4veU
>>
>>153461107
I'd be down, how would we do this?
>>
>>153462040
Record yourself in vocaroo and then some faggot will put every entry together. The link also has the lyrics.
>>
>>153464061
Is that anon that was supposed to compile it still around?
>>
>>153464681
There's no way of telling.

This project has a few months by now.
>>
Hey, /smtg/, I've been gone for aeons. What happened to the Devil Summoner Translation? I know that one of our anons finished translating the script, but did that materialize into a fan translation ROMhack at any point? I think I remember there being talk of something like that.
>>
Is there anything I need to know before I start SMT2?
>>
>>153468285
You'll need 10 Magic.
>>
>>153468285
Using the default names put points into Law. If you want to use the default names but don't want that, just delete and re-enter the names.
>>
File: euro.jpg (56KB, 768x407px) Image search: [Google]
euro.jpg
56KB, 768x407px
Euro release?
>>
File: emi.png (88KB, 656x518px) Image search: [Google]
emi.png
88KB, 656x518px
Wake up.
>>
In which game is the Luck stat useful?
>>
>>153472316
No
>>
>>153472351
>not maxing Luck in every game
>>
Megidolaon
>>
Power Charge
>>
>>153473695
Tarukaja
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9N1yjehmc
>>
File: 45-tl2.jpg (29KB, 238x384px) Image search: [Google]
45-tl2.jpg
29KB, 238x384px
>>153473695
>>153474039
Die Hard

>>153468190
Debisama has the toolkit for patching the game, but it goes very slow, because he's very busy IRL right now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEN2Uo6RFR0
>>
File: 1466158539685.png (48KB, 136x194px) Image search: [Google]
1466158539685.png
48KB, 136x194px
>>
>>153481186
This general is dead as shit.
>>
Dead
>>
>>153481245
The others couldn't survive in a world of STR
>>
File: losarm.png (118KB, 656x518px) Image search: [Google]
losarm.png
118KB, 656x518px
>Anon found /smtg/'s left arm!
>>
>>153472351
Soul Hackers, Persona, Devil Summoner.
>>
File: maximumlaughter.jpg (284KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
maximumlaughter.jpg
284KB, 680x750px
>Last Thread:
>209 replies
AHAHAHAHAHAH WE #FE NOW
>>
>>153472351
DDS1, it makes grinding for money a lot faster. DDS2, not as much, but still helps.
>>
Is everyone busy with school?
>>
>>153488976
You need to be 18 to post in 4chan
>>
File: joker.jpg (130KB, 757x505px) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
130KB, 757x505px
>>153489130
Try to stop me.
>>
File: 1391316448005.jpg (356KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
1391316448005.jpg
356KB, 900x636px
>>153475384
That's good to hear. Just making sure it wasn't dead. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>153489130
By 'school' I meant college. In my second week now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3LupjaBGmo
>>
File: NA-OverclockedCover.jpg (138KB, 640x569px) Image search: [Google]
NA-OverclockedCover.jpg
138KB, 640x569px
Started playing this last night. I've never played an SMT game before other than P4G do I need to play any other games before this one? I know this is a remake but is there any reason to play the original over this?
>>
>>153493469
DeSu is a standalone story and the Overclocked version is the original game, but with more content and better balanced gameplay.
>>
>>153493469
>is there any reason to play the original over this?
no
>do I need to play any other games before this one?
no
>>
>>153488976
Most people here have been too cynical and insufferable lately, and I'm trying out other games.
>>
>>153493629
>>153493672
Thanks
>>
>>
Mortal Jihad
>>
>>153495384
Its super effective.
>>
Just reloaded a 2 years old save of DeSu Overclocked just to cuck Betatron again in Naoya's 8th day. Felt good.
>>
File: Hibiki.png (151KB, 800x992px) Image search: [Google]
Hibiki.png
151KB, 800x992px
>Record Breaker lets me have Yamato, Miyako and Al-Saiduq on the same team

LET'S
DO
THIS
>>
So what's new in Apocalypse anyway? I haven't done much digging but I plan on buying at launch and wanna know how much it differs from IV gameplay wise.
>>
>>153342158
SMT4A's combat is supposed to be improved so it's not a fucking instakill slot machine.

Also, less awful plot, but I've shit better plots than SMT4.
>>
>>153485148
I think we need to let TMS#FE in the thread.

>>153440236
I liked Soul Hackers but it's not worth replaying. It's ALREADY incredibly easy as is and there's next to no plot to speak of and while the dungeons are better than SMT4 it's still not a particularly interesting game beyond the 90s anime cyberpunk aesthetic and abuse of the rule of cool.
>>
>>153470006
They can try but I already sold the console.
>>
So do figures of Aleph and the first protagonist just not exist?
>>
>>153499674
I fucking hated how much dick/clit sucking Yamato and Miyako gets. Even when Miyako betrays you and you start getting hype over having a Coup on the JPs the game still goes "Nooo, Miyako is sooo perfect, she'd never do anything bad. She totally is a good guy".

Fighting Yamato and Ronaldo was the best part of DeSu2, hell fighting every friend you make was the best part of the Alcor route in the first game.

Then again, the Mainline bug is just stuck on me, telling me to kill my friends.
>>
>>153500687
SMT combat is never going to be as good as EO but it could certainly be worth playing if they patch it up a bit.
>>
>>153499674
The twins are pretty shit desu
>>
>>153457007
Does anyone else think that's a cheap super boss? Its basically a test for no reason. Why not have a boss that actually is some kind of a villian? And if captain steve is so goddamn strong, why hasn't he lifted a single finger to help any protagonist thus far? Its not like he can't interact with the worlds they exist in, since he obviously gives them upgrades at times.
>>
>>
File: DeSu2 Zaou Gongen.jpg (215KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
DeSu2 Zaou Gongen.jpg
215KB, 400x240px
>>153504772
Yeah but who cares when you have demons like this to carry them
>>
>>153500249
>You can now choose the partner you want to accompany you in battle
>STR is now linked to physical skills and DEX is merely for guns and piercing skills
>You can place markers in the map
>Demons now have skill affinities, so let's say that now Jack Frost can have stronger bufu skills while having weaker physical or fire skills
>Hard mode unlocked from the beginning, as well as the very hard mode available as free DLC
>There is some sort of GTA San Andreas-esque quest to gain control of Tokyo against other factions

And obviously it has a new places to explore and more demons.
>>
>>153509264
>Judgement
>Curse Dance
>Gigajima
>Petra Eyes
>Marin fucking Karin

Also
>Ice Repel
Great Job healing the boss.
>>
I have a 3DS/Vita and I've never played an SMT game. What's a good starting point.
>>
>>153511127
Devil survivor overclocked.
>>
>>153510801
It's enough to get me through anything in DeSu2 so who cares
>>
Is there chinese inspired music in any megaten game?
>>
>>153503197
We are lucky for having a couple of figures of some demons and Raidou.
>>
Tetrakarn
>>
File: filename.jpg (146KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
filename.jpg
146KB, 540x720px
Saw this on tumblr and praying it leaks early. I don't want to have to wait for the 20th to pick up my copy.
>>
File: leblowjobface.jpg (69KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
leblowjobface.jpg
69KB, 400x240px
Does anyone else think atlus dropped the ball with the massacre ending? They're trying to present it as a neutral ending. But why? The entire "thing" about standard neutral was rejecting being willing to do the certain extreme purges associated with law to get it. Now we have the biggest purge in series, with unambiguous brainwashing besides, showing that you obviously don't value autonomy very highly like standard neutral does, and the only thing that makes it any different from a typical law ending is that you smirk like an asshole the whole time, and dagda is racist against demons. (which would fit just as easily on a regular law ending, since generally you banish the demons anyways, and the angels fuck off to somewhere or kill themself). But suddenly that counts as a "balance" based on nothing but that it has the aesthetics of chaos thrown onto law. Which if anything makes it worse than standard law. Who are they even trying to appeal to here? The only people who would think it can be spun as good, are typical lawfags, but they're trying to change it to not have the parts that appeals to said lawfags.
>>
File: raycism against demons .png (19KB, 820x129px) Image search: [Google]
raycism against demons .png
19KB, 820x129px
>>153516056
>racism against demons
gamefaqs plz
>>
>>153516056
Don't you know Atlus logic?
Humans are in charge? That's neutral. The End.
>>
>>153516465
How else would you call it. He decided that demons apparently inherently are unfit for interacting with humans, and so literally all of them need to be banished for good. Which is more than a little bizarre. Even if we accept that its a feature of demons that law and chaos ones go extra extreme, and that gods think of themselves as better than humans oftentimes, there's probably ways one can deal with that other than this.
>>
File: anarchy peace.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
anarchy peace.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>153516746
The part that makes even less sense is the fact that this already happens in other games at times its not called neutral. In II, your law representative used to be human. You fight against both the angels and yhvh. At the end he dies, and passes the torch to the messiah, and gabriel fucks off with all the angels. So humans are in charge past then. It "doesn't count" since gabriel loosely having a 4% influence on the plot before then counts as anti human? The line about hiroko saying that you dont have yhvh or lucifer to cling to doesn't even make sense to be presented as exclusively neutral, since the same thing is true of law. Unless of course the implication is that in the larger sense in law, you still see "god" in a more pantheistic light.

But that's the thing. If siding with demons counts as "not human" even if it ends with humans, then how does massacre NOT qualify? Dagda is very obviously a demon. And satan is also. He doesn't even bring johnathan and walter back for you on massacre. So even if it ends with a human in charge, demons were there to be the reps of the goal. What's more that trend doesn't even totally hold, seeing as how in IVs universe both for neutral in IV and doubly so for bonds in IVA, there are very definitely gods there who are being clung to and relied on. Moreso in IVA.

Also the whole "chaos might only make sense as a reaction to law" nonsense is pretty bizarre. Unless its meant to be an insult to actual anarchists, saying that if you ever achieved that, it would slowly move back to neutral anyways, since total chaos is by nature unstable.
>>
>>153517402
Well, I don't know really. One thing that has been part of neutral since SMT1 is that humans should solve their own problems and not rely on God/angels or (chaos) demons to do it for them. Maybe that's why massacre is neutral, it involves not rellying on either of those... is what I would like to say, but Satan joining you at the end throws a wrench in that theory.
>>
>>153517402
Law, order, can also be seen as a reaction to freedom and chaos due to their unstable nature. It's a chicken-egg situation which real answer is that both had their birth with human consciousness. Animals and nautre are not conscious of their actions so they cannot control their actions so they can't be categorized as either lawful or chaotic
>>
>>153517815
To make it even worse, Satan is still identified as a law demon in-game by his alignment. The implication then being that he's some form of alternate law, where his loyalties don't lie with the law of standard understanding, but the idea of an administrator in general. Which at the end he decides should be you? Maybe they just didn't want to align him as neutral since he is an angel, and no angels or fallen angels have ever been neutral.

It seems like what they're trying to go with is that on law and chaos even if you end with no one over humans, those are still """associated""" whatever that means with angels and fallen angels. Whereas if what you are doing is not, then for no reason they'll lump you into neutral. and since you yourself are the administrator, there's no one else you're going with. But that's still bizarre and incoherent.
>>
Anybody know if there's a way to break open iOS apps? I bet the English SMT1 they released is little more than a GBA image and an emulator.
>>
>>153518254
That seems inconsistent though, seeing as how the game seems to imply that animals are way chaotic, and associates chaos with living like things do in nature, where things simply die when its required. And so human existence is the stable regulation of it in human ways. With law going even further. If one considers the alignments as actual ideological zones, it doesn't take much creativity to realize that amoral animals resemble chaos the most.
>>
>>153516056
It's neutral because they've degenerated Law and Chaos into nothing more than meaningless theater for YHVH

In other words, it's shit
>>
>>153518996
YHVH is Atlus.

Law and Chaos is meaningless theater for Atlus.
>>
>>153511127
Persona 4 Golden on VITA

Devil Survivor Overclocked if you want a more vanilla SMT feel on 3DS

Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker if you want a more Persona feel on 3DS
>>
>>153518996
Who is ironically himself also neutral, since he wants a balance of law and chaos to exist on the long term.

Honestly, we should have seen this coming with record breaker. Miyako is the pseudo law character, and siding with her gives you a bad end. And the game is pretty clear that despite administrator being a little law ish and yamato being chaos ish that its presenting the real endings all as forms of neutral. Now this nonsense is making its way into mainline.
>>
Is society in the West heading towards a Law path?
>>
>>153518420
Maybe bonds and massacre are meant like the "human/neutral" chaos and "human/neutral" law. In comparison to the standard "alien" chaos and "alien" law which are not really pro-human but more like the perfect systems of chaos demons and angels. When you think about bonds ends with all the humans and gods still coexisting with each other, which means there are still a lot of ideals represented by them, a lot of ideals = chaos. In massacre there is just one god - you who represents the one single ideal of the new world, one ideal = law.
>>
>>153519446
More like Chaos with Law figureheads.
>>
>>153519237
It made its way into mainline with SMT4. The law and chaos endings were total lol. And they're joke dummy endings in 4A too..
>>
>>153519558
The endings there were extreme, but they were still endings. If you count bias, its been around since literally forever. But it went from bias to that just not being enough and so actively making you have no options.
>>
Am I being an idiot why do Demons like to steal my shit and run away whenever I talk to them. Is it because I'm playing SMT 4 retardedly? I have expert scout.
>>
>>153518659
Who says the game developers know their shit? They some japs dudes not philosophy majors. Order and Chaos are human concepts entirely based around human behavior. To coin their presence or absence in nature is nothing but projecting our sentience into their lack of it. It's a mark of solitude in earth as conscious beings.
>>
>>153519503
If you don't mind, would you like to explain your reasoning? I was considering Law leaning as a societal whole because of the rampant censorship of persons that disagree with a given party, self victimizing for emotional swaying, crazy leaks on the web... I just feel as though if you chose any one person at random today, they'd easily take the road to create a world that completely echoes their ideals and rather than outright destroying the opposition (that I would consider a Chaos move), they'd rather make them a lower class citizen.

I may or may not be autistically crafting a US based SMT short story.
>>
>>153519489
Well, the way they are presented does make them seem like dark/law and light/chaos. Which since normal law is light/law and normal chaos is dark/chaos, then switching those does count as a KIND of balance. But the question is what makes this balance any "more human" than normal? For bonds its understandable what makes it human, since while the gods are still around, they represent human thoughts and are now kept more under control. And this is only a balance based on how the sides are normally presented. Massacre is still different from neutral. Its just different in a way that has some aspects of two sides who were previously considered the edges. But that's not really enough to make it human.

But for massacre, literally all the different human sides side against you, whereas IVs universe obviously pre-established that some of them correspond to law and chaos to certain degrees, even if being imperfect. Same as how in the past there were religions run by humans also. Which leads us back into the weird flip flop it is to admit that humans made these religions and their ideologies, but then insisting its not human. Massacre is among the most extreme endings yet. So its clearly not closer to normal neutral by much than standard law and chaos. Yet somehow casually throwing on dagda saying that a human will be in charge instead of a god makes it human somehow. Despite the fact that you are now heavily different from anything resembling a standard human, both power wise, and due to owning the seat of power, and ideologically.

Not only that of course, satan comes along and says there should be one person in charge, and him and you vote for you, so yhvh loses the vote. Obviously this implies that your role is demon approved. Despite ironically not by most of the demons. and someone having the power of a god over the rest of humans is far from "natural." Hell, in SJ arthur thought worshiping him itself would be improper, despite not a demon. Why not for you?
>>
>>153519946
The problem there is that neutral doesn't mean "no answer." It means between. So there's no reason to assume that some default defaults to neutral when it actually means in the middle of something.
>>
File: 1472297075285.png (25KB, 276x213px) Image search: [Google]
1472297075285.png
25KB, 276x213px
>>153520689
The problem is that most neutral players are dumb and think neutral means everything else but me is retarded.
>>
>>153521043
The problem with lumping multiple things into neutral is the bizarre ambiguity. So for the most part all real world groups count as neutral? Making all real situations seem like no disagreement exists since they are all the same thing seems to radically miss the point of there being disagreement in general. Sure, real world groups don't usually disagree enough to need to fight over it. But even so.
>>
>>153520582
By calling massacre "human/neutral" law, I really just meant that the one single ideal is now represented by a human who got turned into a god, and that it's considered neutral simpy because of that.

I agree that it doesn't make sense, since law and chaos are suppose to be about certain actions and ways of thinking in general. Like say Infernal Akira who the game clearly identifies as law and he talks about lawful ideals but there are no angels anywhere to associate him with.

But that seems to be what they are simplifying into now.
>>
File: IMG_20160831_214834~01.jpg (312KB, 1062x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160831_214834~01.jpg
312KB, 1062x1080px
When do I get Pierce+ in DeSu2 Triangulum?

I really am facing a dilemma here between Pierce and Anti-Most.
>>
>>153518460
>gba image and an emulator
nah, it's not a standard rom or a standard emulator, the music wouldn't fit in a regular rom or play in a regular emulator
they likely edited some old code to make the game pass calls to the app to play music rather than have the game play it's own music.
the emulator and rom are likely inseparable.
then again, i'm assuming merely based on my limmited knowledge, and you know what they say about assuming
>>
>>153522516
>Pierce+

There's a skill like that in DeSu2?
>>
>>153523519
overclocked had it too
auto-skill version of pierce essencially
>>
>>153523616
I've played through the entirety of Triangulum's True End route and I've never encountered that

I guess it's in another route split
>>
>>153522295
It sounds like a desperate grab from atlus to try to shunt law fans into neutral by going "ha. now your thing is called neutral so you have no choice but to call yourself that way!" They really just need to get someone on their team who isn't too bipolar to actually decide whether there should be multiple endings of any merit or not.
>>
>>153523798
Well, I hope you are ready for telling Merkabah that you fight for a "World without bias" if you don't want a stat decrease.
>>
>>153522516
Why are your stat bonuses for Jeanne D'Arc?

When I got her mine were huge, you're making use of the compendium aren't you?
>>
>>153522295
SMT was never really about the plot anyway so seeing it handwaved shouldn't be scary.
>>
File: 1252197257440.jpg (55KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1252197257440.jpg
55KB, 450x600px
>>153522516
>having to choose between Pierce and Anti-Most
>>
File: anarchy.jpg (97KB, 760x735px) Image search: [Google]
anarchy.jpg
97KB, 760x735px
So how are chaosfags dealing with the crisis of identity that is being brought by iva? The bonds ending can't really be spun as analogous to chaos, since its sunshine and happiness and everyone getting along. And massacre is more or less law that the game pretends is neutral. Either way, its not chaos. So there's nothing for edgelords to really cling to.
>>
>>153529356
Most of them FINALLY killed themselves at the news, thank fuck.
>>
>>153529356
Are there even people who like the standard chaos? I doubt anyone believes that a world full of malicious demons with permanent state of anarchy where might makes right is something desirable. When people like chaos endings, it tend to be the special ones like TDE, Naoya end or SMT2. None of those are really the standard chaos.
>>
should I worry about my neutral alignment in SMT 1 being fucked up based on which demons I use, like anything I should be cautious of
>>
File: stirnerrrrrrr.jpg (5KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
stirnerrrrrrr.jpg
5KB, 200x175px
>>153530256
There's people who pretend to if that counts.

There's a few edgelords who think its depicting it a little like a strawman, but ideologically think the whole everyone for themself mentality sounds good.
>>
File: passing through.png (163KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
passing through.png
163KB, 500x596px
I haven't checked in for quite a while. How's the progress on fan translations?
Did Devil Summoner finally get one finished?
>>
>>153530603
>>153468190
>>153475384
And P2EPPSP is not dead.
>>
File: FUCK YOU.png (82KB, 241x314px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU.png
82KB, 241x314px
>>153530702
I'll believe that when I'm playing it.
>>
>>153530406
a world where anyone can obtain the power of demons if they're not limp dicked cowards isn't so terrible
>>
>>153530256
>Not mentioning the best chaos route
Yamato
>>
>>153531016
>limp dicked cowards

Yeah. Being killed when you're 5 because you were too weak is totally your own fault, and not an indication that everyone for themself won't actually create a meritocracy.
>>
>>153531264
We just need god to rewrite mankind's priorities!
>>
>>153524825
They're there, it's just that Hecate and Skasahat both had a lot of mag so Jean got mag.

>>153526604
Sure Pierce is most effective offensively, but Anti-Most essentially rids a unit of all weaknesses and becomes an Extra Turn hogger. Plus by thay point you can just buy a Nue to spread Pierce among your demons while you gotta keep.

>>153524825
No, much easier. I just look up the fusion requirements for a key demon and buy them from the aution as cheap as possible without burying 2 or 3 stars. Orobas + Mothman give you Hecate.
>>
>>153529356
Anon, IV blows both lawfags and chaosfags the fuck out. Us Neutralfags have known since SMT1 that the correct answer is always a balance between Order and Freedom.

Can you sense it? The world, the galaxies, the universe? The thread the binds all of existence... You too are part of it.
>>
>>153533518
How? IV has one of the best law endings in the series. Neutral is a clusterfuck that it tries to make better by making you do more side quests.
>>
>>153533789
Getting used and then killed when I am no longer necessary is not my idea of a good ending.
>>
File: angermanagement.png (120KB, 654x1445px) Image search: [Google]
angermanagement.png
120KB, 654x1445px
>>153534305
That's because you're selfish.

And that's not my opinion. Its what the game is literally expressing to you. The entire dynamic of law is the greater good. They kill a relatively small handful of people since its necessary to minimize suffering and untimely deaths long term across generations. The reason that neutral calls law goodwill and chaos spite is exactly that. Law is only focused on the big picture. The selfishness you present as a "good" thing is born from spite.

On the ending it shows that you as a person overcome human emotions entirely. It freaks isabeau out, and impresses lucifer when he realizes you don't even react to him anymore. This also means that by this point you totally overcame selfishness. You already signed on to agreeing that killing some people is okay if it saves a far larger amount. You get to the end and are told that its still beneficial for you and merkabah to die too. What's two more deaths in exchange for the benefits? You already signed onto the dynamic of the system, so it would be hypocritical to exclude yourself from it at the last moment because of selfishness. Because the entire logic of it is the fact that there are no exceptions. Rather, since you already overcame your human emotions, you accept it. Because you know its the right thing to do. If you exclude yourself from the law of the greater good, why not anyone else?

Its understandable why out of cowardice people wouldn't want to accept this. But that doesn't make their cowardice actually correct.
>>
>>153519661
That's the SMT Experience™ senpai
>>
>>153534840
>That's because you're selfish.
Yes, I am. I feel no shame in admitting that. I can clearly tell you. My happiness takes precedence over the happiness of others. If you are willing to be used and discarded for others benefit that is your business. I am not.
>>
>>153529793
Good riddance.
>>
>>153535259
That guy on the left is scaring me.
>>
>>153534840
Although I haven't played IV and refuse to play it, what you described goes against human nature, and considering that tends to be a major theme in megaten that makes your reasoning for law added to the list of reasons why I won't play.
>>
Did humanity in Final even deserve the Bond ending? I feel that humans just want the power of gods without reading the scripture, followimg the rules if religon
>>
>Tamaki was modeled after Tadashi's idol waifu Uchida Yuki
>so was Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing

What does it mean?
>>
File: 1464501463541.jpg (152KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1464501463541.jpg
152KB, 816x816px
>>153535259
>Implying all atheists are chaosniggers
For (You)
>>
>>153535352
Careful anon, someone might call you a fedorafag.
No.
>>
>>153535214
Okay? But we weren't talking about whether you out of cowardice would take a worse ending because your own benefits would be higher on it. We were talking about what is the better ending overall. Your criticism of law is that you don't like doing the right thing if its hard. That doesn't make it a bad ending. Its just showing the point that anyone who understands the frameworks would already understand. The fact that they present it here for you yourself actually makes it an even better ending. Its trying to provoke a reaction from you, to parallel what you as the character would have undergone in game. If you are willing to accept it because you perfectly understand the greater good, and so have no reaction, then you have fully become one with the law. You basically just admitted that neutral is a bad ending, but that how good the ending itself is isn't what you'd be interested in.
>>
>>153535349
Human nature is hardly perfect. There's no reason not to improve it if it were possible in some surreal fantasy way.
>>
File: 1466520709508.jpg (5KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1466520709508.jpg
5KB, 195x195px
Post yfw chaosniggers and lawsheep will never get another canon ending in the mainline games.
>>
>>153535574
Why would they be a fedorafag? It sounds more like they're complaining about fedorafags. Since bonds tries to somehow preserve the muh humanity tone even though you are clearly siding with tons of gods.
>>
>>153535637
I only said it was not my idea of a good ending, since as I said, I die in it. I never put any objective judgement on it.

And hey, as Apocalypse revealed my "cowardice" as you put it, ended up being the right call. Since in Law you die for nothing.
>>
>>153533789
>IV has one of the best law endings in the series

>let's go commit genocide on a bunch of people who's biggest crime is living where god didn't like it so much
>>
>>153535349
The only SMT game with a plot worth playing for is DeSu and maybe the Personas. It's an excuse plot.

You transcend humanity, kinda, in that law end.

It's still awful but not for that reason.
>>153535352
Most chaos ends are just FUCK YOU DAD bullshit from people mad God or gods put rules on them.
>>
>>153535863
The stereotypical fedorafag has no faith in humanity. Ironic, given where we are. I've seen anons say whomever pics massacre is an edgelord and/or fedorafag despite massacre being more in tone than the shounen bullshit that is bonds. Both endings have their problems though.
>>
>>153535938
The fact that apocalypse retcons the endings into bad endings based on things that weren't in IVs content is neither here nor there. If an ending doesn't work as advertised its a bad ending no matter what its advertising. The discussion is about the endings in their own context.

>>153535951
Stating that you didn't understand the ending in greentext doesn't make a point appear.
>>
>>153535992
I'm aware it's an excuse plot, and I've played Overclocked and P3, but in the end I still prefer SMT.
>>
>>153535951
Hunters should've banded together and fight the Yakuza instead of spending their demon slaying check at the bar.
>>
File: 1463535065415.gif (910KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1463535065415.gif
910KB, 500x333px
>>153535817
>>
File: floppy1.jpg (2MB, 1552x1552px) Image search: [Google]
floppy1.jpg
2MB, 1552x1552px
>>153535817
All endings are canon, they just branch off into different universes. For instance, the Neutral ending of SMT leads into SMT2, while the law ending of SMT leads into SMT: 20XX.
>>
Is Inanna law, chaos, or neutral in her compendium data?
>>
>>153536573
>He fell for the all endings are canon meme

Shitposting aside, that isn't how it works.
SMT I, SMT II and 20XX are in the same universe and have a "true path." It's bull but the lore is there.

Nocturne's Amala labyrinth was made purely so people who picked different endings for all of SMT in general didn't get asshurt and would keep buying the games, but in the end, canon is canon.
>>
>>153535817
I don't think lawfags are very fazed by the available options in IVA. They've already pointed out that massacre "isn't law" in the same way that shijima isn't. You're casually genociding people in exchange for assurance of a greater long term peace than bonds offers, getting rid of your rivals to be able to ensure a single order, and brainwashing anyone you need to to make sure you're all on the same page. Even getting rid of the demons is something that leans more law than chaos, since in most law endings the angels leave or die after getting rid of them, which is ironically what satan does here. And your buddy is satan who is still aligned as law in game no less, implying that the role of a single ruler is still considered a kind of law, especially in conjunction with your ideological presumptions leaning in that direction. If anything, the game calling it neutral just since you're breaking the system is something they like, since its tricking neutrals into taking something that is ultimately slowly making them accustomed to law. The ending is basically a monotheistic counterpoint to the tde. But its more like dark law than light law, which the game justifies calling neutral, since its between the other corners in a sense. But the only real dark is the ambiguity between whether you profess lawful ideology versus having done this for other reasons. It tries to act ambiguous and add to the ambiguity by making you smirk like an asshole, even though for the most part all of its aspects lean law.
>>
>>153537013
My god, a lawfag that isn't a member of the /smtg/ circlejerk and doesn't spout the "law is the only route" meme. I love you.
Can't we all agree that IV's timeline is shit though?
>>
>>153537234
>My god, a lawfag that isn't a member of the /smtg/ circlejerk and doesn't spout the "law is the only route" meme. I love you.

What circlejerk? I don't think most of smtg is very law.

>Can't we all agree that IV's timeline is shit though?

Considering the fact that merkabah and lucifer were definitely not written for IV with IVA satan in mind, that goes without saying.
>>
>>153537424
>What circlejerk? I don't think most of smtg is very law
Read the thread and the previous one from the very beginning. I have no problem with lawfags, just the shitposters, and that's all I ever see here recently.
Inb4
>But that's 4chan in general
Yes but usually there's shitposters from all sides on other threads and boards. We only have lawfags and anti-athiests.
>>
File: 1465651363374.gif (135KB, 308x236px) Image search: [Google]
1465651363374.gif
135KB, 308x236px
Recarmdra!
>>
>>153538894
Does anyone unironically use recarmdra? It seems so shitty.
>>
>>153538980
I've heard it's good if you're in a particular pinch.

But me personally? No.
>>
File: smtcos97q81h7XfBL.jpg (157KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
smtcos97q81h7XfBL.jpg
157KB, 533x800px
>>153537719
I'm still not sure what you mean by ""law is the only route" meme". No one thinks its the only route. They think its the best route in most games. Obviously if your only options were neutral and chaos for whatever reason they would still have an opinion on what is better. Even in-game law characters obviously respond better to neutral ones than to chaos ones. Since they see it as at least trying to cover the bases, but not doing it perfectly. Where chaos isn't doing so at all.
>>
>>153539608
What I meant is that if someone dared to say they prefered a different route they would get called either edgelords, fedoras, or (rarely) chuuni. The thing is, that in itself is completely fine, I suppose I'm just more mad at the neutral and chaos fags for not daring to speak up against the "tyrannical lawfags" or whatever.

As for the law characters statement, the same could be said of chaos characters. It's a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Finally, you got any more cosplay?
>>
File: m6ackpx0IK1r8u8joo1_500.jpg (95KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
m6ackpx0IK1r8u8joo1_500.jpg
95KB, 499x750px
>>153540095
The above one was an official atlus costume. This one isn't.

>What I meant is that if someone dared to say they prefered a different route they would get called either edgelords, fedoras, or (rarely) chuuni.

Many of the people you're referring to are trolls, or even neutrals, not lawfags. Real lawfags barely bother shitting on chaos as if it was a serious opponent since they consider it a meme route. They know that the actual thing they are contrasting themself with is neutral. As for the rest, why would they not criticize the route that they think is inferior when in the relevant discussion? Especially when a large portion of neutral realistically are just falling for atlus' bias that more or less exists to obscure what the point of law even is. And some of the posts you're referring to aren't even about law, but just people in general of any alignment questioning neutrals' sometimes bipolar relation with its gods, like happens in bonds.
>>
File: 2808390028_3e1467c124_b.jpg (415KB, 786x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2808390028_3e1467c124_b.jpg
415KB, 786x1024px
>>
File: 1460389446069.jpg (133KB, 468x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460389446069.jpg
133KB, 468x640px
>>153540569
>>153540569
>>
>>
File: PSN_angel_cosplay.jpg (19KB, 296x618px) Image search: [Google]
PSN_angel_cosplay.jpg
19KB, 296x618px
>>153540732
This is the last one.
>>
>>153540496
As I said, the shitposting and arguing itself is fine. I just hate that chaos and neutral lack any backbone.
Hell, when was the last time you saw a genuine neutral or chaos shitpost? Please tell me. Your point on the atlus bias is spot on though, even as a neutral. The bipolarism can be argued as humanity looking for the best possible outcome without complete angel or demon dominance.

I suppose every ideology has its weakest links doesn't it?
Nice cosplay so far btw.
>>
>>153540838
Just ignore the "so far" part please.
>>
File: 1471294711457.jpg (129KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471294711457.jpg
129KB, 1050x700px
>>153540838
>Hell, when was the last time you saw a genuine neutral or chaos shitpost?

There aren't many since alignment discussions are not common anymore. The time to see those was early 2015.

Besides. They lack backbone for a reason. And its because lone stragglers and shitposts aside its because they know they are fighting a fight they can't win.
>>
>>153540838
>or chaos shitpost?
Pretty much whenever DeSu OC is mentioned Naoya shitposters swarm from the sewers
>>
>>153541298
It's like everything I like that isn't vidya is destined to fail.
>Besides. They lack backbone for a reason. And its because lone stragglers and shitposts aside its because they know they are fighting a fight they can't win.
I wonder if that's because n/c's are pussies, they suck at debating, or because law are thickheaded. Considering the fact it's 4chan I'm going to believe all 3. But tell me this: when did law become popular?
>>153541673
Fair enough.
>>
>>153541673
Yeah, that is a good point. They bend over backwards to ignore that naoya's eighth day has more or less zero content relative to amane's.
>>
>>153541673
That's because Naoya is really the only "Chaos" ending people can defend, because you don't radically change society in it.
>>
>>153541761
You do if you choose to kill people. If you choose not to it barely even counts as chaos.
>>
>>153541673
>>153541716
Honestly, the only reason I picked that route was because the characters annoyed the shit out of me with their "be a good goy and help us despite that we were dicks to you" and I heard you could kill them. Could honestly give a shit less about bels.
>>
>>153541693
>when did law become popular?

Surely you've heard the legend of the bead.
>>
>>153542259
No sir.
>>
>>153542309
Where have you been. No one on smtg or rmegaten has not heard of the bead.
>>
>>153542447
/v/, /a/, and regretfully /b/. Occasionally gamefaqs.
>>
>>153542518
And /h/ too.
>>
>>153538980
I've probably had like one or two moments in my entire time playing the franchise where it was useful. Otherwise yeah it's kinda shitty.
>>
Speaking of /v/ it's getting """"""""raided"""""" right now. If you're bored or something go check it out
>>
File: beadmanpic.jpg (293KB, 850x1042px) Image search: [Google]
beadmanpic.jpg
293KB, 850x1042px
>>153542518
Well, to tell you the full story, two years ago a random post on smtg talked about how they planned on eventually spending a ton of money to build an altar to law in their house. People assumed it was some kind of meme, so it got half ignored at the time. But then the same person talked later about how they spent a ton of money on buddhist prayer beads after seeing hikawa wear them and now they wear them out everywhere. and they showed pics to confirm. So people started calling this person the bead man. Then out of nowhere, tons of alignment discussions started on smtg when before then they more or less had never happened. And people eventually realized that bead man was behind almost all of them. And also tons of posts about random topics some of which were only tenuously related to megaten, or fifty page philosophy study guides that he apparently wrote himself (?). He also talked about how he began spending hundreds of dollars on books about anything philosophy related in megaten. Due to associating him with beads, people started making anal bead jokes, and then he showed a pic showing that he also had anal beads.

So basically he pioneered the art of lawposting. And over time he migrated from here to rmegaten. (I think he comes here from time to time, still but not as often?) And became known especially there, but also here as someone who more or less never lost debates. And framed law in a context that actually made most people begrudgingly admit that they now saw the point with it even though they didn't like it. For awhile here this led to neutral shitposting since they tried to just drown out the debates. And there were a few people here who acted like his followers. He's still on rmegaten where he's written like hundreds of pages for their wiki about the philosophy of megaten.

Also, he's associated with this picture for whatever reason, but I don't remember why. I think its a picture of him?
>>
>>153543449
I don't know what to feel right now, besides wanting to kek. Did Atlus ever acknowledge him?
>>
>>153543604
I doubt it. He's probably talked to the atlus representative that posts on rmegaten before, but so have most other people who post there.
>>
>>153543604
Also, he used to constantly shitpost about how he wants to fuck haniel, and how you become more lawful by putting things (like beads) up your butt. I'm not even joking.
>>
>>153543746
The joke about wanting to fuck a demon didn't originate with him though. He was parodying another shitposter at the time. Who shitposted about wanting to fuck the girl from demikids.
>>
File: 1467864165762.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
1467864165762.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>153543746
>My sides
So this..... is the power...... of law heroes.........
>>
File: 1402092596307.jpg (157KB, 712x472px) Image search: [Google]
1402092596307.jpg
157KB, 712x472px
I want to fuck Mirai
>>
>>153543449
His debates were him copypasting his or someone else's theology studies thesis and eventually him having a shameless and self-aware monologue.

Debating a thesis is nice and all, but if you wanna post in here you should ground your arguments in the context of these games, and not drown your opponent's arguments in 20 pages of off-topic readings.

Beadman is nothing but a shitposter.
If I felt like it I could copypaste a borderline on-topic wikipedia article related to one of the many religions and beliefs that megaten is inspired from, and say that I win all my arguments too.
>>
>>153544396
Butthurt neutralfag detected.
>>
Not >>153544396 but fuck it, if that's the case I'm going to read some Dawkins and copy paste that shit. Neutral will be the new meme.
>>
>>153544396
> ground your arguments in the context of these games

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Not counting when he was deliberately shitposting, it was pretty obvious that he knew a lot more about what the games were going for than the people who tried arguing against him. Which is why megaten fans still read his hundreds of pages of writing about the themes.

>someone else's theology studies thesis

>drown your opponent's arguments in 20 pages of off-topic readings.

You're confusing the times he was talking about random things with the debates. He did make a lot of tenuously related to megaten posts, but not when actually talking about alignments.
>>
>>153544540
>Dawkins
You can find better humanitarian thinkers than that anon.
>>
>>153541693
Law in SMT IV is pretty much the best possible outcome for that world, and I say this as someone who generally leans to the neutral alignment.

Chaos is turning Mikado into a hellhole where you are king.
The White is turning everything to nothing, so that there is no more strife.

Neutral is giving everyone a fair chance of living by taking down the dome and trying to improve society as the hero of Tokyo with the guidance of the true reincarnated goddess©.
Whatever happens from here is open to interpretation and whatever the player personally decides to think of it. As a bare minimum you could say that society got used to the demons presence and it will readjust as well as it can until something shits the fan some decades or centuries later, and a new order needs to be established once again (even if it ends up as a another sort of neutral world).
And finally we have Apocalypse's paths, which are a giant beast of their own.

Law is removing the major source of demons and corruption, cleaning up Mikado, and allowing society to live in an innocent world where they are relatively free to live as they please. Even if this means keeping them in ignorance.
>>
>>153544635
Also, trying to interpret the games and sides as just about religion and atheism is like the laziest interpretation ever.
>>
>>153544645
The only flaw in your argument is that it's the SMT IV timeline nigga. If this post was about literally any other game and you'd have more than a point.
>>
File: tumblr_nyrum8duZw1u7mehqo1_1280.jpg (89KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyrum8duZw1u7mehqo1_1280.jpg
89KB, 640x448px
>>153544680
Yeah, I believe it was even stated in an interview once that the mythological elements are more of a way to incorporate philosophy into a game while still keeping things interesting. It's not really about religions, it's about the principles behind them.
>>
>>153544396
This is the type of post people are referring to when they say that people are butthurt by the way. Your post reads like someone who is bitter that they can't keep up with someone else, and so is making an excuse for it.
>>
>>153544929
Obviously it touches on religions too. But the fact that the frameworks of the sides obviously heavily are based on other things makes it pretty obvious that it goes beyond that. For instance, even though IVA unfortunately turns them into bad endings, using the peace and anarchy logos for law and chaos is meant to more explicitly relate them to other types of real world ideologies. Ones distinct from religion. Not that the type of people who tend to use peace signs resemble law very much, but even so.
>>
So is Apocalypse good or bad? As much as I like SMT, SMT4 is kind of a drag for me to finish.
>>
>>153546682
Most of us here have not even played it man. Maybe in about 2 months we'll be able to answer your question, but for now there is no definite answer.
>>
>>153544598
>Which is why megaten fans still read his hundreds of pages of writing about the themes.
Hi Beadman!

Seriously though. Maybe I missed the times where he actually mentioned and discussed about the characters and events from the games (believe me, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt at first) but I always saw his rants as him monologuing about the latest wiki article he read while attaching random religious pictures or Kaneko portraits.
>>
File: 16433240_p0.jpg (667KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
16433240_p0.jpg
667KB, 1024x725px
Why is this general dead when a new game is out soon?
>>
>>153538980
recarmdra is really good in DDS. Definitely a must have for fighting Demi-fiend.
>>
>>153490170
Same here, I have hardly had time to post and my dad just got laid off so I'm gonna have to be working too.
>>
File: 1470066341966.jpg (234KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470066341966.jpg
234KB, 800x600px
>>
>>153554667
dousheeho
>>
File: 1468175402332.png (13KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1468175402332.png
13KB, 245x245px
>>153554905
>>
>>153555283
Holy shit I thought I made that up just then
>>
Guys I just found a copy of DeSu OC, is it worth 30 bucks? I played 2 and thought it was alright.
>>
>>153555391
2 is better imo but some people here prefer 1 more

Both games are worth $40 at least to me, so yes you should buy it

Although why exactly didn't you like 2? You might not want to buy 1 depending on your answer
>>
>>153556432
>why exactly didn't you like 2?
But I did like 2. I could just wait for the game to go on sale but I like physical copies.
>>
>>153556610
Oh, usually when people say "alright" it sounds like there's some issue they had with it

Well if you liked 2 you might like 1, 1 feels like a downgrade though in literally every aspect except the plot (although the plot doesn't pick up until day 4)
>>
IV Final will release on Europe in Winter. This direct has been a big piece of shit so far.
>>
>>153558624
Well that was fucking awful.
>>
>>153522516
Kinda late but, you don't, ever.
Unless you got the skill DLC probably, idk about that
>>
File: 2688460-9014615243-tumbl.gif (998KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
2688460-9014615243-tumbl.gif
998KB, 500x281px
>19 days
>>
Can I plow through the 3 routes of SMT IV before Final comes out?
>>
>>153559862

First route will take some time due to general level/difficulty curve, but if your progress into NG+, you can bum rush a route in maybe a day or two.
>>
>>153559862
Yes but you might burn yourself out. Go White first to make it easier.
>>
>>153560156
>>153560165
I should have mentioned I did the White already.
>>
File: desu 3 direct.png (4KB, 629x74px) Image search: [Google]
desu 3 direct.png
4KB, 629x74px
Show yourself so we can all laugh at you, faggot.
>>
Hoy.
>>
File: 1470554194028.png (290KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470554194028.png
290KB, 520x600px
>>153563992
I'll show you a Hoy
>>
>>153560425
Nice shop.
>>
File: Asura.jpg (89KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Asura.jpg
89KB, 669x1000px
How do i beat this fucker in SJ? Asura Roga always rages my entire party and i cant seem to find any demons with good ice based moves (i only have the ice gun that doesn't do much damage) any tips or should i just grind?
>>
>>153565335
1) Retry until RNG will be in your favor.
2) Try going solo. That's what anons usually recommend.
>>
>>153565335
Read the description for guard.
>>
>>153565335
Buy better equipment and then fight him solo him like a man.
>>
>>153565965
Goddamn it
>>
File: frustrated Miyako.jpg (23KB, 200x308px) Image search: [Google]
frustrated Miyako.jpg
23KB, 200x308px
She is so hot but this pose is beyond ridiculous.
>>
>>153567736
Yasuda's shit in general is ridiculous.
>>
>>153567736
She is female Yamato, of course she is hot. As for that pose, well, I think it's meant to make her look like an agitated cat. The hands in the coat kinda look like paws.
>>
File: Screenshot (11).png (7KB, 381x64px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (11).png
7KB, 381x64px
>>153564609
>>
>>153570672
Not even that anon, I'm just kidding.
Your skin is pretty cool looking though, do you mind sharing your custom CSS?
>>
>>153572898
I'm not >>153560425 though
>>
Are you happy for Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse?
>>
File: HOY.png (511KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HOY.png
511KB, 800x600px
>>153573387

Yes
>>
File: top_0069.png (73KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0069.png
73KB, 400x240px
>>153567736
Vixen indeed
>>
File: 1458968607968.jpg (137KB, 800x694px) Image search: [Google]
1458968607968.jpg
137KB, 800x694px
>>153573387
Of course.
>>
File: 1472332318032.jpg (981KB, 1800x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1472332318032.jpg
981KB, 1800x3240px
Out of the SMT games you've played, how would you rank them?

DeSu2 RB > SMT4 > P4 > P3 FES > DDS1 > DeSu1 OC

>>153573387
Yes.
>>
File: 1456503767616.jpg (86KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1456503767616.jpg
86KB, 600x800px
>>153573387
yes. my body is ready
>>
>>153574118
>SMT IV that high
DS: Soul hackers> Raidou Kuzunoha> SMT III= SMT II> P3P> P2:IS & EP> SMT SJ> P1
>>
>team flare are literally messians
>want to build a world where only the chosen are left
>everyone else dies
>ash and his pokemon get crucified on top of a tower like in Persona 3

My dick wants more.
>>
File: strange_journey.jpg (652KB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
strange_journey.jpg
652KB, 986x1378px
>>153574118
Nocturne > SMT = SMT II > P2:EP = P2:IS = SMT: SJ = P1 > P3FES >>>>>> P4
>>
File: purse owners.jpg (134KB, 960x869px) Image search: [Google]
purse owners.jpg
134KB, 960x869px
>>153574118
Megami Ibunroku Persona>Nocturne>P3 FES>SMT 2>Eternal Punishment>SMT>DeSu>DDS2>SJ>KMT2>Innocent Sin>DDS>DeSu2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>P4

It's kinda hard to rank games of different series like that, as I like them for different reasons. I also think all of those are good games on their own right, even P4, which I don't like.
>>
>>153575396
>>153576806
Pics made me kek. Speaking of Lovecraft, I have a book of all of the stories he wrote. What stories are P1 and 2 similar to?
>>
>>153577204
You need to read the whole saga of Randolph Carter, the Mountain of Madness, the Shadow over Insmouth, and Cthulu.

The Randolph Carter trilogy in particular will give you all you need to know about the Lovecraft mythos.
>>
>>153577816
I've already read the first part of Randolph Carter (amongst other stories, the original plan was to read it all in release date), is it true he becomes more unreliable as the story unfolds?
>>
>>153578390
You mean Randolph Carter?
Nah, he just becomes more experienced in the ways in the world, thus, more wise but jaded.
>>
>>153578848
That's what I get for trusting tv tropes.
>>
Is it normal to have a demon bail on you 6 times in a row
I just want fusion fodder for elementals damnit

>>153574118
DeSu OC > P3FES > Nocturne > DeSu 2 RB > P2 IS > P4G

Midway through SMTIV now, so can't really put it anywhere
>>
>>153579774
Yes.
>>
>>153579774
see
>>153535128
>>
Sorry if this has been asked a million times already but do you need SMTIV installed on your 3DS to get the bonuses or is the save file enough?
>>
>>153580242
Does SMT IV allow you to save on the sd card?
>>
>>153579909
>>153580047

So I'm not just being shit at talking then? Cool
>>
>>153580779
I believe the digital version does
>>
>>153581930
Well yeah I'm sure that goes without saying. But does physical?
>>
File: 1467003378908.jpg (71KB, 369x358px) Image search: [Google]
1467003378908.jpg
71KB, 369x358px
>>153574118
DDS1 = IV > DeSu OC > SMT: Strange Journey > Nocturne > P1 > DDS2 > PQ > SMT I > P3 > DS: Soul Hackers > P2:IS >>>>>>>>> P2:EP > DeSu 2 > P4
>>
>>153582928
What do you have against EP?
>>
>>153579042
I hope you didn't spoil yourself too much.

I did that and I really wish I didn't.
>>
>>153582443
No. Apocalypse does though.
>>
File: 1285979333630.jpg (184KB, 920x750px) Image search: [Google]
1285979333630.jpg
184KB, 920x750px
So I think I'm halfway through the first SMT on the Super Famicom, thinking of ditching it in favor of one of the other versions. Should I, or is it pointless at this point?
>>
>>153584519
Nothing else is translated unless you want to play the GBA version on iOS with a touch overlay
>>
>>153584712
I know moon.
>>
>>153584950
Play the PS1 version then.
>>
What is the "Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo" of megaten games?
>>
File: 2604588_p0.jpg (190KB, 873x800px) Image search: [Google]
2604588_p0.jpg
190KB, 873x800px
I'm level 58-62 in DDS1, am I ready for the final boss? I want to finish the game soon so I can move on to the next game especially because I'll go back to college this Monday. I have to grind a little for some mantra/skills so I can have more than one character who can use debilitate, dekaja and dekunda.
>>
>>153587234
Last Bible
>>
>>153588437
Having resist for whatever your main party is weak to is an absolute most.

Also having the physical skill that autocast Debilitate is very important, as well as a mage with a good almighty skill.
>>
>>153539608
>>153540496
Hello beadman
>>
>>153589278
I don't have almighty skills yet, but I have the skills that make everyone resist their weakness except for Heat, although I just have to make him fight a bit more and he'll have resist ice. Which physical skill are you talking about? And I thought the final boss resists almighty attacks?
>>
>>153589685
Pro-tip:
The final boss is not inmune to Hunt skills

Pro-tip 2:
There are secret mantras and secret post-game bosses. You will want your physical user to have THAT one hunt skill that also casts debilitate.
>>
>>153587234
>>153588640
Is that an insult or compliment? I've never watched the rebuilds.
>>
>>153590212
I wanted to beat the optional bosses later but I'll try to beat them if I have enough free time.
>>
File: 4494showing.jpg (32KB, 520x412px) Image search: [Google]
4494showing.jpg
32KB, 520x412px
Time to settle this

Which SMT IV has the better Tokyo theme?

SMT IV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
Apocalypse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG22JL4RRTI
>>
File: Cries in chinese.png (86KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
Cries in chinese.png
86KB, 500x352px
>>153583015
Dunno. Kinda just felt "unneeded", I guess? Not that the game was bad itself. The story was alright, IS was better in that regard but I really liked the characters though. Baofu was cool as fuck.
>>
>>153590612
Depends on what you're looking for. If you want meditation, you go to IV. If you want nostalgia you go to Apocalypse.
>>153591628
So every P4 spinoff ever? Not that I think you're wrong.
>>
>>153590612
Apocalypse's theme gives me greater feels.

IV is still fantastic, but the Tokyo theme of IV:A really clicked with me.
>>
>>153590361
It's an interesting idea that no one really wanted or asked for but isn't really a negative experience.
>>
Hoy
>>
File: 4465h09324o1213y.png (92KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
4465h09324o1213y.png
92KB, 240x240px
>>153594596
>>
File: 1345277995648.png (182KB, 587x699px) Image search: [Google]
1345277995648.png
182KB, 587x699px
>>153591856
>So every P4 spinoff ever?
The problem with the P4 spin-offs isn't that they're "uneeded", is that they are shitty pieces of games. I refuse to even put those in the my game ranking. DAN was horrible literally rhythm game with remixes that were almost all worse than the original musics and the Arena games were average fighters with probably the most boring and shitty story I've played. Labrys was cool though. The only good thing out of those games. Ironically, the Arena games have better music and remixes than the fucking rhythm game. Go figure.

PQ also had a meh story but at least the gameplay was pretty great.
>>
>>153596062
>PQ also had a meh story but at least the gameplay was pretty great.
That's because it's etrian odyssey gameplay. You have to actively try to fuck that up.
>The problem with the P4 spin-offs isn't that they're "uneeded", is that they are shitty pieces of games.
Got me there. I still ironically liked mochizuki, and I unironically liked his fighting styles.
>>
Any of y'all have experience with the Japanese games market and importing? I'm wanting to import P5 but at $82.99 it's a bit much for me right now. How long will it take for that to drop?
>>
>>153596578
Don't they usually tell you how long it would take to import? Are you planning on spoiling P5 too?
>>
Are any of the Polytheistic Alliance members who are sympathetic? I feel like Final dropped the ball on having a side plot focused on them.
>>
File: 1445442801952.jpg (184KB, 567x566px) Image search: [Google]
1445442801952.jpg
184KB, 567x566px
>>153596551
The Arena games are pretty fun though. I won't deny that. And the games themselves are polished as fuck. Everything looks shiny and stylish without going overboard like in P5.
>>
>>153596810

Not sure what you mean. I'm asking how long until I can get it for cheaper. Let's say $60.

I don't want to spoil, I just want to play it as soon as I can.
>>
>>153597047
>He plays games to have fun
Insert smug animu girl here.
But seriously, I think the arena games are nice couch and arcade games. I would just rather they didn't blueball us on nyarly.
>>
>>153597262
Depends. Some games dip in half after one month or even less. I doubt Persona will be like that though.
>>
File: 1467153178040.jpg (614KB, 1280x1558px) Image search: [Google]
1467153178040.jpg
614KB, 1280x1558px
>>153597402
Games are supposed top be fun, anon.

>I would just rather they didn't blueball us on nyarly.
I'm still mad.
>>
>>153597402
No way there were going to bring him back in a spin off. He's to important for that.
>>
File: 1448553798027.png (172KB, 249x293px) Image search: [Google]
1448553798027.png
172KB, 249x293px
>>153597804
Unfortunately, the ending of Arena made everyone flip their shit that Nyarly was going to show up/be the main antagonist in the sequel. I still remember some anons here getting buttblasted about it.
>>
>>153597804
Ok sure but why would you spend so much effort on making a demon with the same personality as nyarly? Do they unironically believe persona started at 3?
>>
>>153597403

How about the used market?
>>
>>153540838
>>153541298
Because SMT writing is too awful to inspire an honest debate where it is open to debate, or in stuff like DeSu in Catherine where the world building isn't done by retards, the choices and their implications are obvious.
>>
>>153598420
I'm not used to check/buy used games from Japan but it really depends on the game. If it bombs, the next week it can drop like 80% of the price, if it sells well or is from a known series, it won't go down that quick. Honestly, I'd say give it around 1 month and half for the price to go down.
>>
>>153599169

Makes sense. Gives me a bit more time to hone my Japanese which is good.
>>
>>153546682
I have heard that the combat is vastly improved and that the final dungeon is a tedious boring overlong teleport maze.
>>
>>153599362
>hone my Japanese
Godspeed anon.
>>
>>153598129
I'm guessing fanservice or something like that. I admit I was pretty disappointed to learn that Nyarly isn't in p4 arena and ultimax but still, he shouldn't come back in a spin off.

Also, since the story of p3 is very similar to the Snow Queen Quest in p1, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus actually think most people don't give a shit about p1 and p2.
>>
>>153599789

I've started working through P2IS in Japanese since I haven't played it yet. It's going slowly but once I finish Raidou 2 I'll be able to focus fully on IS. Maybe I'll even be able to play EP before I pick up P5.
>>
>>153574118
DeSu1 OC > DeSu2 RB > P4 > PQ > Soul Hackers > SMT4
>>
>>153574118
Overclocked > Tokyo Mirage Sessions > Record Breaker > Persona 4 > SMT4
>>
>>153579774
SMT4 is pretty much random chance shit all the way down. Embrace the randomness.
>>
>>153596062
P4DAN's second half and the post ending sendoff to the P4 dudes is great but yeah the music is incredibly weak. How do you fuck up the soundtrack to a Persona game?

I have nothing bad to say about PQ's story except maybe all the MEAT MEAT MEAT.

>>153596551
>That's because it's etrian odyssey gameplay. You have to actively try to fuck that up.
muh nigga

>>153590612
>There's no way 4A has a better map theme than 4
>Holy shit
>>
>>153601373
What's your EO team?
>>
>>153601551
Dancer/Medic. Nightseeker/Arcanist, Imperial/Runemaster
Runemaster/Medic, Arcanist/Medic

It was my first. Not ideal, but they still kicked ass.
>>
>>153601892
Pretty great for a first team. Mine was Medic, Landsknecht, Dark Hunter, Hexer and the Survivalist. I didn't like mixing classes, for roleplaying purposes, which made the game harder but also more fun for me.
>>
>>153602485
well, subclassing was only in EO3 and 4 anyway,
>>
>>153602808
My first game in the series was untold. I didn't care for story mode but classic was great.
>>
>>153602945
Untold ripped me a new one. I beat it, barely. Fortress, Dark Hunter, Hexer, Survivalist, Alchemist. I didn't stand a chance in the post game though but Claret Hollows is apparently Japanese for "repeated unending kicks to the nuts."

I couldn't stand the story for EO1U, but EO2U's story is a lot less annoying. There I ran the story party but I'm doing a second run as Highlander, Troubadour, Dark Hunter, Hexer, Gunner
>>
>>153603196
Hard mode or normal? Because when I first got the game I played it on normal, then my copy got lost somewhere and just recently got a new copy. I plan on doing hard mode, what changes?
>>
>>153603564
Hard Mode.

Hard Mode is essentially how EO is meant to be played. As far as I know, it matches the classic difficulty of the previous games and anything lower is a nerf on enemy stats and damage.
>>
>>153603808
>Hard Mode is essentially how EO is meant to be played
A patrician I see.
>As far as I know, it matches the classic difficulty of the previous games and anything lower is a nerf on enemy stats and damage.
Thanks for the info. I assume when you say "anything lower" you mean level right?
>>
>>153604268
To be fair, half the reason I like EO is that the mechanics are deep enough to really carry that difficulty. In SMT4 if you crank the difficulty up it's just a crapshoot whether you die in one hit or the boss just uses Attack for the three turns it stays alive.

In EO, you got enough options to really function at that high level. It's tough, and yes, getting jumped can still wipe, but it's a clever and fair series.

There's no way you can say Master is the way SMT4 was meant to be played with the lol shop prices and 0% run chance lol.

Plus, we have four games before that that didn't have a difficulty toggle and played at the same level as hardest.

Again, not trying to sound like a faggot, just explaining the reasoning why "meant to" actually means something here.

Yeah, by lower I mean lower difficulty level. I don't think there's any new scenarios or significant AI changes (In EO2U, almost every boss has a pattern that usually has static actions for about 3/5ths of most bosses turns, so I don't think AI changes are at all considered by EO difficulty toggles.). I think you can toggle them on the fly in town anyway so it can't be anything other than a straight modifier.
>>
>>153604884
This post makes me want Atlus to give Etrian Odyssey more love.
>>
File: 1468373457947.jpg (105KB, 606x788px) Image search: [Google]
1468373457947.jpg
105KB, 606x788px
>>153600801
>>
>>153574118
Nocturne > DDSaga1&2 > Raidou1&2 > Debisama > Spiral Nemesis > Majin Tensei > Giten > SMT > KMT > SMT2 > SJ > SMT If
>>
>>153605852
SMT If... is translated? Got any download links?
>>
>>153590612
SMT4 is very relaxing, I feel like I want to lie down

Apocalypse is very emotional, I feel like I have purpose
>>
File: Yumi_(n).jpg (927KB, 972x1359px) Image search: [Google]
Yumi_(n).jpg
927KB, 972x1359px
>>153605852
I've played the original Japanese versions (SFC & PS). Check out SMT If tips and tricks pastebin in the OP. There's a gamefaqs link where you can find most of the translated script.
>>
>>153607290
Meant for
>>153606526
>>
>>153607290
Thanks
>>153607515
I knew from the context but thanks anyway.
>>
>>153574118
Nocturne>DDS1>IV>SJ>Desu1>Desu2>P4>P3
>>
>>153516056
Angels are always around, will always pose a danger especially when there's no God on high telling them what to do, and are STILL DEMONS.

Not to mention the inevitable DEMONS RETURNING just like they show with Mikado and the Demonic Gene.
>>
>>153516056
Angels only fuck off in II and in IV killed themself because they were part filth thanks to Jonathan.
>>
>>153577204
None of them.
>>
In Raidou 2, if I go into NG+ having unlocked a demon but not fused them, can I fuse them in the NG+ or do I have to unlock them again? Not sure whether I should do much pre-NG+ prep or if I can just go on ahead.
>>
>>153577204
>>153611337
To expand, the cosmic horror genre isn't really very much like megaten. The implication is that you are ultimately fucked, you can't really reason with, or stop these entities at all, and your only hope is to not have them totally decimate earth before you die.
>>
>>153611791
Your first problem was playing raidou 2.
>>
>>153517815
Satan joined because he thought it was a better alternative than YHVH. He knows he'll die with YHVH. Also some players found YHVH easier when Flynn and Satan weren't wasting turns.

>>153518420
Satan's been chaos in Majin Tensei II where he represents Dark-Law you fucking retard. Not to mention Dark evil demon in Megami Tensei II, Tyrant originally in DDS 2 when fought in the sun. and Tyrant in Majin Tensei where he serves God.

Uriel who is Light-Law isn't serving YHVH no more in Majin Tensei and can even convinced the Archangels to turn on Satan
>>
>>153611828
That's what happens to Tatsuya & Co. Hell there's a shitposting image where it says "you are not alone" then shows Tatsuya.
The rest of Persona and SMT you are right though.
>>
>>153529356
Nothing because Lucy is just a cheap puppet in IVA and half of Satan setting up bad Law of social darwinism to YHVHs Good Law.

Nocturne Lucy is a different guy and his champion made in his image can kill Japanese YHVH.
>>
>>153530256
Majin Tensei Light-Chaos
TDE and Freedom (Only good chaos endings of six fucking chaos endings)
Raidou 2
Naoya both days
Devil Children in general
And SMT2
>>
>>153612380
>tde
>good

>having to include raidou, where the endings are more or less identical.

>including devil children
>>
>>153612554
The Law ending gets you jack shit, while Chaos and Neutral give you better stuff.

The Chaos/Neutrals endings are nearly the same because the Chaos Hero ALWAYS lives while Law Hero Akane supports insane conformity and bug rape so she lives on Law when she decides to change things like her brother would.

Lucifer also sucks off Raidous dick SO GODDAMN MUCH. Raidou can kill YHVH for good according to the cocksucker who wants to be the M to Raidou's S.
>>
>>153612554
Technically the goal of TDE is to end the cycle of suffering in a genocidal sort of way. Don't know about raidou endings, and Devil Children is a kids game, so of course it's going to have nothing but positive endings.
>>
>>153612554
Devil Children are chaos for life. It's in their genes. TDE was better than the chaotic Reasons and the you suck Demon ending.
>>
>>153611940

Raidou 2 is great though, what are you talking about?
>>
>>153613196
He's just mad it wasn't turn based.
>>
>>153613117
That's wrong anon the first two games had Archangel Michael and the Heavenly Host do the White ending.

The Angels did destroy the universe before it was cool.
>>
>>153613332
This is the type of thing we should have had in mainline. It would be a cool twist. Imagine an awesome end level that combined heaven with some type of oblivion theme.
>>
>>153613332
But TDE wants to destroy ALL the universes, spinoffs and all. Which would place Nocturne at the end of the series.
>>
>>153613117
Devil Children isn't that light. Except Demikids because it sucked. But at least it still had a human commit suicide.
>>
>>153613551
>it had a human commit suicide.
Nigga it's Japan. They see that shit daily.
>>
>>153613550
Demikids exist outside the Amala Network. That's why the Red/Black had you revive THE Shin Megami Tensei.

Unless you sided with the angels and think life is too chaotic.
>>
>>153613550
There's implied to be infinite universes, or so many they're uncountable. I don't think we can realistically consider destroying all of them lucifer's goal. They might be in a bubble of universes that are relevant to themselves they can destroy.
>>
>>153613760
He busted the Vortex Worlds so basically them all when they undergo Conception. So pretty much everything is dead except some demons, some demon assholes, and these human assholes.
>>
>>153613951
He busted one vortex world. He didn't destroy every vortex world.
>>
>>153613760
>thinking gaiafags are smart
>>153613754
Did demikids ever get translated? Because now I'm interested.
>>
>>153597804
>>153598129
From what I've heard, they had some bigger storyline set up for Ultimax, but a lot of the writers were moved over to P5, and kinda just left a bunch of no-names to pull something out of their ass. Also, some of the staff is uncomfortable "tampering" with work that Cozy worked with.

>>153598060
I was buttblasted. It was so fucking obvious it was going to happen, and then it went so 180, that the writing staff had to have switched pre-production for the change to make sense.
>>
>>153613951
>these human assholes anyways when they do TDE.

>>153614013
Demikids Dark/Light are in english. The suicide didn't happen in the old games, though we do get lots of ritual sacrifices of demonkind by angels in Messiah Riser.
>>
>>153614024
Is there something I should know about Cozy? Is he one of Atlus's uber gods of storytelling? Did he die like Igor's VA?
>>
>>153614240
>Is he one of Atlus's uber gods of storytelling?
Before anyone gets triggered there was supposed to be an "or something" at the end.
>>
>>153614013
>guys. We truly love the earth and want to live in tune with it.
>lets destroy the earth forever.

Is the implication that lucifer in nocturne was not on the gaians' side all along? Its kind of confusing when they move the same figures around to different roles.
>>
>>153614240
He left because SMT Nocturne was a failure and the new trilogy they planned fell through.
>>
>>153614404
Gaians in IV didn't care either except Minako.
>>
>>153614412
Maybe it's just a classic Atlus plothole.
>>153614412
Do you have the sales figures? Because I see this meme towards j-vidya all the time.
>>
>>153614593
>Maybe it's just a classic Atlus plothole.
Meant for
>>153614404
>>
>>153614404
Lucifer is the supreme darkness made by the Great Will in Nocturne.

Kagutsuchi who Kaneko called Japanese incarnation of YHVH is the supreme light.

Hikawa was guided by the Great Will to begin the Conception while YHVH told the Messians to stop him, setting up the sacrifices needed to iniatie it. The Gaens were pissed at Hikawa and his heresy.
>>
If raidou guy was here this thread will not die
>>
>>153505885
he is a Bodhisattva he don't have to do shit.
>>
File: heresy.gif (66KB, 223x199px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.gif
66KB, 223x199px
>>153615093
>heresy
I had to.[spoiler/]
>>
Is this Gold card & Platinum card bullshit in SMTIV just a bait to steal me of all my macca or is there anything worthwile at the end
When it asked me 50k Macca I just quit
>>
>>153615839
Secret shop access, where you can spend even more macca for the best armor in the game. Stats and arguably appearance-wise.
>>
Heyyyyyyyyy hero! How've you been progressing on your journey? I see you just knocked out all the angels in the area which is great! But how'd you like a super powerful demon to aid you from this point on to give you that extra killing edge? Just 120,000 Macca. Whaddya say?
>Yes
>No
>>
File: smt_5_leaked.png (179KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
smt_5_leaked.png
179KB, 600x418px
>SMT V concept art leaks
holy fuck
>>
>>153615472
The literal job role of bodhissatvas is doing things.
>>
File: side.png (1MB, 2658x2636px) Image search: [Google]
side.png
1MB, 2658x2636px
I'm bored, so I came up with a plot for a side game for atlus to use.
>>
>>153616941
I forgot to include. there's also an implciation that the universes get worse and deteriorate over time, and so resetting them undoes this. So winning the fight convinces him you can overcome it.
>>
>>153616941
terrible, go and take it to the persona writing department.
>>
>>153616941
Really liked it until the brainwashed Satan bit. I can see it being cool as fuck in game but I don't think it works well within the story without being confusing BUT I could be wrong as fuck. B-
>>153617170
>Persona writing
>Doesn't involve the villain being born of the negative thoughts of all the people living in the prefecture
>>
>>153616513
>Satan's true form is abbadon
Shouldn't that be the other way around?
>>
>>153617736
>Doesn't involve the villain being born of the negative thoughts of all the people living in the prefecture
What is fucking every SMT game ever?
>>
>>153618214
Goddamn it meant for
>>153616941
>>
>>153618347
In the context of the plot and associated relation to the void, you'd need some type of demon that represents emptiness. Abbadon is thought of as both an entity and as the name for the bottomless pit. If it went in reverse there's little reason to associate satan with the void.
>>
>>153618465
Hasn't Satan been used for the SMT II genocide and possibly IVA's genocide though?
I have no problem with Abbadon being used as the true boss, but something about that particular plotpoint just irks me.
>>
So Nocturne, does everyone just circle jerk true demon ending because it's the best or do the other endings satisfy as well?
>>
>>153619756
Well there's freedom ending as well, if that's your thing.
>>
>>153619756
In nocturne all the reason endings were openly halfassed, and 2/3 of the advocates for them are the least likable people in the series. And the regular demon ending was a bad ending. So its a game with a grand total of two endings they even tried when making. One of which is a super ending that was added later and has way more bosses. So with those two things combined, the game is more or less presenting it as the only real option unless you don't want to be assed to beat the other bosses.
>>
File: 65666.jpg (25KB, 419x500px) Image search: [Google]
65666.jpg
25KB, 419x500px
Mediarahan!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjMk5PL2bjg
>>
>>153620117
Remember when JewTube was like this? Ah, the good old days.
>>
>>153620103
I can see her nipple, but I already came.
>>
>>153620527
I could never get it up to naked bodies or snatch/nip slips. Penetration would have to be involved.
>>
>>153620747
Well aren't you a connoisseur of vagina.
>>
>>153619756
TDE and Freedom really are the best endings. Demon the worse.
>>
>>153621016
Which is honestly a tragedy. It wouldn't have taken much to make the other endings tolerable. Just make the endings actually show a few scenes from the new world. And give more depth about it. Instead we got a desert and three lines that we already heard. Why does each reason have its own theme, but not actual end scene?
>>
File: tumblr_n9u2s55FnK1rp5c3ho1_500.jpg (39KB, 498x330px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9u2s55FnK1rp5c3ho1_500.jpg
39KB, 498x330px
>>153621016
>>153619961
>>153619843
Yeah thanks guys I happened to buy Nocturne a while back on the PS3 marketplace but I just learned today how little it demands on my hardware to emulate it in 8x native resolution so I started emulating today and I'm really looking forward to punching some faces. Also I started emulated DDS1 and the characters shadows make seem to take priority over character models like if there is player casted shadow behind and character model the shadow can be seen through the character models by making them invisible only where the shadow is present does anyone here know if that's a known issue or?
>>
>>153621352
The shadows the characters make*
Sorry
>>
>>153621184
They could also not make everyone go full asshole but have them advocate shitty reasons to Balance it out.

Like Atsuro best bro but second worse route in Desu.
>>
>>153621604
Yeah. I don't know how you can see the mannikin massacre scene as something compatible with her being a coherent choice. She doesn't even seem like she'd make a long term world of str. Just prove a point. Seeing as how she says you are her best friend yet somehow you can't even both survive to the end. Why can't you just let her take the role? Or vise versa. Will this be what everyone in her world does?

A few changes would have made nocturne so much better.
>>
>>153620873
I only fap to the best the internets have to offer.
>>
>>153616023
With all the shit involved in contracting things, like questions with only one answer and demons that just fuck off midway repeatedly, I'm honestly dissapointed that was not just something to screw daring, rich players.

Either way the game gave me the option to oppose God in full football gear and I'm taking it, screw those cheap bastards
>>
Is there any point in doing Case Files in Raidou 2 on NG rather than NG+ if I intend to do all of them? Also would hard mode or king mode or whatever just make things more tedious or does it actually make things more of a challenge?
>>
>>153621352
Known issue. Using Software Mode (F9) fixes it but then you lose the higher resolution.
>>
>>153574118
Nocturne = IV > SJ > ((DDSI >= DDSII) = DeSu2 RB) = P3 = Soul Hackers > DeSu2 = TMS#FE > Raido1-2 >>> P4 >>> Overclocked >>> DeSu = shit = PQ
>>
File: 1455140045417.jpg (367KB, 1141x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1455140045417.jpg
367KB, 1141x1152px
>>153622319
Thanks so much. Pros and cons I guess.
>>
>>153622660
What are the nips trying to say with this image? I can't speak moon.
>>
>>153622885
>the pleasure of being cummed inside
>>
At the risk of sounding like a huge fag, I wish the mainline SMT games had the same production values as the Persona games. I'd really like to experience the full 3D battlefields and such with SMT designs and style. Its one of the few reasons I even still play Persona 3 every now and again
>>
File: banner_1682.jpg (43KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
banner_1682.jpg
43KB, 600x240px
Do we still have drawfags?

>Demifiend and various flavors of Jack Frost
>>
>>153624143
>Do we still have drawfags?
lol
>>
>>153624143
I'm kinda a drawfag. if Ose porn counts as art.
>>
File: haniel.png (7KB, 401x379px) Image search: [Google]
haniel.png
7KB, 401x379px
>>153624270
Here, I'll draw an angel for you.
>>
>>153623634
Post pleasure
>>
>>153624143
What was that cartoon again? It was my shit back when jet x was around.
>>
File: el_que.png (331KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
el_que.png
331KB, 750x422px
>18 days to go
i cant fucking wait
i cannot fight the hunger
>>
>>153626274
>18 days
Is that when Apocalypse comes to the West?
>>
>>153626408
Hai.
>>
>>153626274
>Getting hyped for a rehash
>>
>>153627562
Literally every mainline game is a rehash. This is probably one of the most unique there's been. Like, it actually acknowledges polytheism as a part of the plot for once.
>>
>>153627562
>mainline rehash
at this point i will take anything that is not persona

ANYTHING
>>
>>153627976
Why not etrian odyssey?
>>
>>153628165
EO is completely different theme-wise
>>
So from the Miyako fight in Triangulum for DeSu

Should I crack Phys Drain or Dual Shadow Ex? Will I see either of those skills later on in the game?
>>
>>153628287
But it's fun desufampai.
>>
>>153624939
I think it's 'Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go'. Yes, all of that.

>>153589685
You don't want to use Almighty against the final boss, it resists Almighty. One anon tried using Almighty-only on the final boss and it took him a really long time to kill it.
>>
>>153629037
Jesus. No wonder why I couldn't remember.
>>
File: nemissaaa.png (317KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
nemissaaa.png
317KB, 640x384px
>started SH to ease the hunger
>finished it
>still 18 days to go

What do
>>
>>153628165
2cutesy4me
and no demons
>>
>>153630104
get fucked by raidou and raido
>>
>>153630106
>2cutesy4me
The cutesy shit is a red herring. It's hard as shit mang, and not the SMT memehard but rather legitimately hard.
>no demons
Simply pretend the monsters are demons. Shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
>>153630408
but i cant persuade them to join me crushing rocks with my hands
>>
>>153631387
You can convince other adventurers in Mystery Dungeon though.
>>
File: 20160902_021648-1.jpg (775KB, 2522x1983px) Image search: [Google]
20160902_021648-1.jpg
775KB, 2522x1983px
I'm starting to get frustrated because I'm so dumb.

Is this even worth doing?
>>
>>153633150
The magatama it gives is a healing magatama you'll probably not use.

The only reason to do it is because if you get all the magatamas you can fight some optional bosses and get an overpowered ultimate magatama.
>>
>>153633150
just punch the little cunt in the cunt
>>
>>153627976
P4 was better than SMT4 though.

>>153627562
A rehash that fixes SMT4's combat to be less of a retarded one-hit-kill spam slot machine would certainly turn out a fine game. Not EO or 7th Dragon tier but worth a play.
>>
>>153633215
Shit. Time to smarten the fuck up then.
>>
>>153633459
Just watch a video walkthrough. There's like 20 levels or some shit and you have to do it all in one sitting.
>>
>>153633398
>P4 was better than SMT4 though.
Not him but that's like choosing between AIDS and Crabs. Still unpleasant experiences.
>Not EO or 7th Dragon tier but worth a play.
Wait people on here like 7th dragon? I thought I was the only one.
>>
>>153634198
playing 2020 at the moment
what a blast
>>
File: Jenna.gif (1MB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
Jenna.gif
1MB, 500x212px
SMT V is coming for PS4 soon. I just know.

And it will have futa.
>>
File: 1463449201178.gif (872KB, 216x191px) Image search: [Google]
1463449201178.gif
872KB, 216x191px
>>153634232
Am just about to finish Atlantis myself. Haven't had much chances to play it. Still enjoy myself whenever I get the chance.
>>
File: 1455593914539.jpg (92KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
1455593914539.jpg
92KB, 1280x896px
Can it really be fun playing with something like this, it seems like an auto battle enabler and a great way to become completely uninvested in the combat.
>>
>>153634335
>no traps
fucking dropped
>>
>>153633518
Yeah, it's what decided to do.
>>
>>153634640
It's really only if you don't give a damn about the game and only want the story.
>>
>>153634751
That's just gay.
>>
>>153634751
>>>/b/
>>
>>153634640
You get it so late in the game that it doesn't really matter. You should be steamrolling through everything at this point either way.
>>
>>153634945
Ayyy.
>>
>>153633150
>>153633215
I thought the magatama was pretty good if you got it right when you first find the game. The ultimate magatama is fucking broken though.

Shit is super easy, I've done it twice now.
>>
File: 1405473335627.jpg (806KB, 1768x3152px) Image search: [Google]
1405473335627.jpg
806KB, 1768x3152px
>>153634831
>>153634945
that is what megami tensei is about
>>
raido did nothing wrong
>>
>>153503197
There's a tradhing figure bust of Hero and Heroine.
>>
>>153543449
It's art he said he commissioned of him and his girlfriend.
>>
>>153626274
It's probably not actually going to be 18 days. I remember IV having its street date broken by at least three days. I only remember that because someone here told me it was being sold downtown before official release date and I immediately rushed out to buy it.
>>
How long is SMT IV Apocalypse?
>>
you're not as dead as other gens
>>
>>153647965
We're only dead when we wanna be fag
>>
Hoy
>>
Recarm
>>
>>153630104
Why is Nemissa so best?
>>
Rebellion
>>
File: [Labrys Strike].png (393KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
[Labrys Strike].png
393KB, 785x757px
Citra got updated so tried emulating SMT4

>Scout Napaea

>You're popular with girls are you?
>"Popular enough."
>Is that what you're telling yourself? You poor thing... I'll keep you company. Give me life.
>Comply
>Thanks, bye.
>>
>>153620103
Null Heal
>>
>>153627976
Even #FE?
>>
>>153630104
Post game dungeon?
Extra dungeon?
Protect Spooky's smile?
>>
>>153633150
You blow.
>>
>>153655354
Demon negotiations shouldn't be this realistic.
>>
>>153655354
How was the game running?
>>
File: >he bought a 3ds.png (145KB, 929x540px) Image search: [Google]
>he bought a 3ds.png
145KB, 929x540px
>>153657810
On a laptop, so take that with grain of salt.

3d areas are mostly nice. From what I've seen of walkable areas they are consistently around 25 FPS. You feel it's stuttering, but just a tiny bit.

dialogue that's entirely 2d (as in talking scenes) is three times too fast. Not a problem that much, since it's written anyway.

Animated cutscenes have a consistent speed of 1 fps. Make a tea in the meantime. It's a problem in all games I've checked so far.

Gameplaywise, everything is good. There are some minor graphical glitches (like the slice/shoot kill animation where you see black rectangles), but that's normal in early emulators.
>>
>>153658404
Good for you, but I'd rather buy a 3DS.
>>
>>153658573
You're better off with a 2DS. Those things are cheap.
>>
>>153659458
>you're better off with an inferior experience
I'll stick to my N3DS.
>>
>>153626274
>get hyped by this post
>search it online to see if it is already up for buying in my area
>notice that the game is just as overpriced as any new console game from retailer stores thanks to the Fatlux tax

Shit. I want this game and I want to tell Atlus that I care about their non-Persona games, but I don't want to support this tax; it's not even that I can't afford it, because I do. But I think that their business scheme is ridiculous.
Not even NoA or the localization teams of other japanese companies are as arrogant and greedy as Atlus USA.

I guess I'll pirate it and wait until the stores put it on sale after no one buys it (as usual) and they want to clear shelf-space for the new Pokeymen and Mario games.
>>
Hoy
>>
>>153664853
SMT HOY: Hoypocalypse
>>
File: hoy2750.png (291KB, 397x408px) Image search: [Google]
hoy2750.png
291KB, 397x408px
>>153664948
>>
Megidolaon
>>
>>153666285
Morning Star
>>
File: mike.jpg (21KB, 505x550px) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
21KB, 505x550px
Alright /smtg/ gimme your most saddening/infuriating stories where you've gotten str8 titty fucked.

e.g. 4 hours of progress then hama/mudo rip.
Just happened to me. My own fault, but still feels bad man.
>>
>>153667445
>Autism up a perfect fusion
>accident
>last save was hours ago
>>
File: 1472765817014.png (211KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1472765817014.png
211KB, 500x361px
>>153667445
>Be me over half a decade ago
>Playing SMT nocturne
>Pull several all nighters
>At the very first puzzle section
>Get to level 45
>Mom tells me to go to bed, school is tomorrow
>I do
>Once the school week was over, I was planning on doing the usual
>Mother having pulled out the plug of the PS3 meant that it had to fix or reinstall something
>Used to this, happens all the time
>Stupid teenager me thought that it froze when in retrospect it was just taking a long time to fix
>Press the switch on the back of PS3
>Lose all my data
>Still hate myself
>>
File: tumblr_nc17gwvkUn1tm9la5o2_400.jpg (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc17gwvkUn1tm9la5o2_400.jpg
68KB, 300x300px
I just finished DDS1. I'm going to play DDS2 this weekend to get an idea of what to expect and I'll take my time with it because of college and assignments. I loved DDS1, I wish I played it sooner without knowing anything about the story, I would have loved it even more. Too bad I didn't have a PS2 and I couldn't understand English well enough at the time of release.
>>
File: FUCK_YOU.png (142KB, 293x341px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK_YOU.png
142KB, 293x341px
>>153663079
>tfw it will cost a lot more in my country anyway and paying the atlus tax dont make any difference
fuck
>>
>>153633150
Holy fuck. I quit that puzzle this morning.
>>
>>153667445
Well...
>Was playing a certain SMT spin off with a catchy menu theme
>Roommate of eastern descent is into dancing
>likes what he hears
>kicks my handheld into the wall while dancing, breaks it and the game inside
>>
>>153670473
Every. Fucking. Thread.
>>
>>153670473
poo in Desu2
>>
>>153669020
The optional bosses in the sequel and subtle carry overs from DDS1 are amazing touches that I haven't really seen replicated in an RPG.

Demi-Fiend in the first game links you to SMTIII, SATAN in the second from SMTII... It's fan service done right. I think you'll enjoy it.

Advice:
>Bullets are fucking amazing in this game
>Learn skills that void your weakness first
>Luck isn't as important unless you're noise farming and that isn't really possible until end game
>Item drop skills are the only way to make plant money
Spoiler advice if the story has been ruined for you already:
Do NOT let Sera follow a similar Grid pattern that Serph did
>>
>>153671536
Also Heat did nothing wrong.
>>
HOY, so when I finish SMT IV should I play Strange Journey, Nocturne or DeSu OC? I usually build myself to be equal in all stats.
>>
>>153672724
DeSu OC
gr8 game
>>
File: sssaa.jpg (216KB, 811x561px) Image search: [Google]
sssaa.jpg
216KB, 811x561px
>>153671536
Thanks! Was luck really important in DDS1? I made Serph focus more on magic so I didn't notice if it was useful or not, and if it's to avoid status ailments then I did have most of the characters learn how to void that stuff anyway. As for the spoilers I've been spoiled on pretty much everything related to the main story, don't worry about it. Is it because they fuse?

>The optional bosses in the sequel and subtle carry overs from DDS1
Well shit, I wanted to beat them after beating the game because I really want to play DDS2. Does that mean that they won't appear at all in DDS2 or they'll just be different? I still have the save file from right before I beat Angel if that's a problem.

>>153672073
Heat is pretty cool, it's like he was designed to become the best husbando in the game.
>>
>>153671536
how do you farm noise at endgame. as far as i can tell it's random which one you get
>>
>>153670473
>that guy who always points me out didn't come
D-did I win?
Is he okay?
>>
>>153673435
You can fight all the optional bosses of DDS2 regardless of what you did in 1.

But you need to play in Hard mode if you want to fight the ultimate boss.
>>
>>153673929
I won't have enough time to enjoy playing on hard mode, especially for a first playthrough. Whatever, that's what NG+ is for. It's too bad DDS1 doesn't have a hard mode.
>>
>>153535259
Christians are law
Christians are chaos
Atheist are neutral
>>
>>153536978
>SMT I, SMT II and 20XX are in the same universe and have a "true path." It's bull but the lore is there
True But
>Nocturne's Amala labyrinth was made purely so people who picked different endings for all of SMT in general didn't get asshurt and would keep buying the games, but in the end, canon is canon

SMT nocturne tells us there are muti worlds and smt iv final has a dlc were you see the other ending fate

also final boss is all the Versions of god in all the muti verse and you klling them
>>
>>153674746
>SMT nocturne tells us there are muti worlds and smt iv final has a dlc were you see the other ending fate
Parallel/Pocket universes nigga.
>also final boss is all the Versions of god in all the multiverse and you killing them
Source on this?
>>
File: YHVH_SMTIV_Final.jpg (130KB, 941x563px) Image search: [Google]
YHVH_SMTIV_Final.jpg
130KB, 941x563px
>>153675468
>Source on this
look it up
here is a song to make you happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7FduDXerD4
>>
>>153673435
>Does that mean that they won't appear at all in DDS2 or they'll just be different?
You get special items along the game (like a ring that blocks ice if you defeated king frost in DDS1)
Also there is that thing with Heat during the last dungeon
>>
>>153673459
There's some ancient guide on a forum for weaboo called Gaia or something that linked dropped noises based on not only the enemies in the final dungeon, not only in the specific dungeons areas, but solar noise as well. It started as a guide to fight the Shiva brothers but after failing to get the necessary items for so long, other correlations were noted. I'll have to look for it.
>>153673435
Luck is linked to criticals and item drops but since the Omiokane challenges are different and magic based, that's no longer as important.
That exactly. Money is tight while playing on hard assuming you want to battle Satan and when the two fuse, their skills combine. Diversifying stops you from wasting money and shows Seraph to master the grid much faster.

You can fight just about every did boss with out dds1 data. The only benefits are a tad bit of money and skills for Argilla Gorilla and Gale. Also your boy Heat will be willing to fight the final battle with you rather than reluctantly letting Roland do it.
>>
>haven't listened to any of the ost of apocalypse
this is gonna be a blast
>>
File: Hitoshura.full.1275803.jpg (105KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
Hitoshura.full.1275803.jpg
105KB, 500x751px
How does it makes you feel that Hitoshura is canonically dead?
>>
>>153675808
>Makes a claim
>Doesn't back it up
>Says "look it up"
If you didn't give me that song I would have flown into an autistic fit of rage.
>>
>>153676419
he was the worst smt protagonist, desu
>>
File: interview.jpg (29KB, 520x400px) Image search: [Google]
interview.jpg
29KB, 520x400px
>>153614240
Educate yourself, don't be a pleb.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Cozy_Okada
>>
>>153675468
That's too cool of an idea to be relegated to a 3DS game
>>
>>153676527
Thats not how you spell "the best" m8
>>
>>153676458
so you would have been yourself?
>>
>>153676419
I want to hug demi.
>>
>>153676561
>Confederate flag in background
Nice.
>>
>>153676716
Pretty much desu
>>
>>153624109
Same here. I'd love it if other mainline games looked like Nocturne at least. Imagine exploring a HD Cathedral or having enough disk space for all demons available.
>>
Someone sell me on Devil Survivor, I don't know much about SMT but I like SRPGs.
>>
>>153676649
he is not the space marine
>>
>>153678041
Friendly reminder that his helmet looks like a smiley.
>>
>>153678041
Hes not the worst, indeed.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>153678932
say that in my face and not over the amala network and see what happens.
>>
Anyone own raidou on ps3? Thinking of buying it, and the sequel if I dig it enough. Does it run well?
>>
File: tumblr_nazk58yGt81thu8mso4_1280.jpg (378KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nazk58yGt81thu8mso4_1280.jpg
378KB, 1280x960px
Vol 2 when
>>
>>153679587
I do and yes. In my opinion at least.
>>
>>153680250
NEVER EVER
>>
>>153680486
Alright, cool.
I'm just a bit weary after buying DDS 1, and 2. 1 has some shitty frame rate that makes it hard to enjoy. Haven't launched 2 yet, but I assume it's the same deal.
>>
>>153680751
>1 has shitty framerate
Worked fine for me senpai. Is your PS3 old or something?
>>
>>153680887
Might be the culprit.
Even though everything else runs fine from ps2 classics to late gen ps3 games.
I've got an old fat ps3.
>>
>>153681292
Not trying to shill but try getting a used slim, so that sony doesn't get your sheckles and you can also play good games.
>>
>>153681507
Yeah, I've been backing up my saves lately ever so often. I feel like it might shit out on me soon. Probably buy a slim before the year is up if I'm lucky.
>>
>>153673902
HE WAS A WEAK HUMAN

I DEVOURED HIM
>>
File: 1472233375365.jpg (943KB, 1218x1352px) Image search: [Google]
1472233375365.jpg
943KB, 1218x1352px
>>153681876
Good thinking anon. Mermaid approved.
>>
File: nemissa soul_hackers.jpg (155KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nemissa soul_hackers.jpg
155KB, 640x480px
>>153682973
>they will never use this design
i mean the other is good and dfc but why
>>
>>153683802
>muh mythology
>>
File: hinokagutsuchi.jpg (159KB, 1138x713px) Image search: [Google]
hinokagutsuchi.jpg
159KB, 1138x713px
I just finished SMT, I'll probably want to start another one of these older games sometime soon from the following list :

-Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei
-SMT II
-SMT ...if
-Persona 1
-Persona 2

What I want to ask is which of these games is the most different from the first SMT, especially in terms of the "autopilot combat" and piss easy bossfights? I don't mind the dungeon crawling style, I think it's cool but I'd like some more strategy in the fights. I still liked SMT overall and I can handle repetitive combat but I'd like to play something a bit more varied before going into more of the same and thats why I'm asking.
>>
>>153684089
>What I want to ask is which of these games is the most different from the first SMT
Persona 2. Either one of them.
>>
File: 1447359922204.jpg (55KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
1447359922204.jpg
55KB, 300x380px
>>153676649
>implying Kazuya isn't the best
>>
File: kazuya.jpg (15KB, 236x315px) Image search: [Google]
kazuya.jpg
15KB, 236x315px
>>153684402
That's Futsuo
>>
File: hua_po.jpg (24KB, 540x615px) Image search: [Google]
hua_po.jpg
24KB, 540x615px
>>153684540
>le edgy mickey mouse headphones wearing autist
yasuda is such a hack
>>
File: 1461273151163.png (62KB, 324x246px) Image search: [Google]
1461273151163.png
62KB, 324x246px
>anon asks for a game without "autopilot combat" and piss easy bossfights
>you recommend him P2

>>153684089
Your list is not very good for what you're asking though. Maybe Kyuuyaku is your best choice.
>>
>>153684402
>>153684540
SMT1 Hero does not have a canon name, dumdums.
>>
>>153684402
>>153684540
Get outta here with those fanfic names.
Their names are Hero, and DeSu Hero or Abel.
>>
File: 1445172192536.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445172192536.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
>>153684848
>>153684872
Since when did /smtg/ got so touchy about SMT I's MC name? The Hero or Kazuya is fine. I mean, almost everyone named him that.
>>
>>153685159
Because i hate "canon" names.

It ruins my self insert fantasies.
>>
>>153685159
This is confusing. I was always under the impression his name was Futsuo.
>>153685252
Kek
>>
>>153685252
>self inserting in megaten
wew
>>
>>153685346
>NOT self inserting in SMT

What are you? Gay?
>>
>>153685346
Not him but there's plenty of self insert material in megaten.
>>
File: Shin Megami Tensei030.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Megami Tensei030.png
3KB, 256x224px
>>153685252
>It ruins my self insert fantasies.
Eh, valid point I guess.

>>153685306
Dunno then, every sscreenshot I saw here had him named Kazuya. Where's Futsuo from?

>>153685346
>not wanting to self insert as a demon summoner
>>
>>153685495
actually yes
>>153685536
such as? i mean if you want to self insert as the hacker or raidou i understand, but who wants to have to kill his friends just because they are retarded?
>>
>>153685671
One of the art books I think.
>>
>>153685672
>but who wants to have to kill his friends just because they are retarded?
See: /r9k/ and /b/
>>153685671
>Where's Futsuo from?
The artbook, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>153685159
I'm banting desu.

>"almost everyone named him that"
But Hero's name is Jerry.
>>
File: 1443464696662.jpg (20KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1443464696662.jpg
20KB, 240x240px
>>153684540
Best =/= strongest

Still love DeSu's MC though
>>
>>153686243
Anon, the strongest MC's are Nanashi, Aleph and Hitoshura.
>>
How and when can I check alignment in SMTIV?
>>
Just beat IV on neutral to get ready for Final coming soon
Who was the spirit of Tokyo? An actual demon or just some literal spirit of Hope?
>>
>>153687021
>If you want to check your alignment, enter any world map. If your character icon spins to the right, you are Chaos. If it spins left, you are Law. If it spins back and forth, you are Neutral.
>>
>>153687118
A really useless Goddess.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9N1yjehmc
>>
Give me a life stone.
>>
>>153687214
Does she get a name at least in Apoc?
A-are the routes at least better? Neutral not having some merged superboss was kind of lame since Lucifer was easier than Markabah
>>
>>153687460
>Comply
>>
>>153687460
Fuck you I'll give you a megidolaon instead.
>>
>>153680250
I went on the translator's tumblr, if everything's fine we should get it this year. Most likely this Winter.
>>
>>153687519
Now give me 5,000 Macca, and maybe I'll consider your offer.
>>
>>153688241
>Cheat
>>
>>153687209
Currently on Mikado before the split between the group so I can't check. Am I close to the lock or anything?
>>
Is it worth playing SMT IV with apocalypse around the corner?
>>
>>153688913
Yes, I beat it in like a week
Plus bonuses for completing the game an X number of times
>>
>>153688913
I mean aren't they sequels, or some shit.
>>
>>153689484
Apocalypse is essentially an "apology game" for how bad IV was. You can still play without having played IV.
>>
File: this Hoy is NOT sweet.png (47KB, 591x506px) Image search: [Google]
this Hoy is NOT sweet.png
47KB, 591x506px
>>153688913
Yes. If nothing else, you can get Hoyman on your party and enjoy his lovely voice.
>>
>>153690038
Then when we will get an apology for the aberration that is Nocturne?
>>
File: Oh (You).jpg (298KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Oh (You).jpg
298KB, 1600x1600px
>>153690219
(You)
>>
File: (You).png (100KB, 646x289px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
100KB, 646x289px
>>153690038
>>
>>153686417
Demi-fiend is too busy being Lucifer's bitch to be stronger than Abel.
>>
>>153688506
Kinda, but not quite yet.

Also check your alignment by talking to the cyinical man at the Hunter's association.
>>
File: 1464665566919.jpg (14KB, 301x512px) Image search: [Google]
1464665566919.jpg
14KB, 301x512px
>>153690494
I never realised IV fanboys existed. You've opened my eyes to the grander scale of possibilities.
>>
>>153676298
What thing? I thought I only needed to answer correctly during some cutscenes to have him in my party again, I need to beat the optional bosses too?
>>
SHUT THE FUCK OFF FAGS
THE OLNY GOOD SMT IS CARD SUMMONER

FUCK
>>
File: 1448138523385.png (8KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448138523385.png
8KB, 500x500px
>>153690637
But I'm a SMT fanboy, not a [specific] SMT game fanboy. All of them are great in their own way. At least for me, they're the best JRPGs around.
>>
File: 1470075486089.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470075486089.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>153690707
>SHUT THE FUCK OFF FAGS
Many keks were had. Good job shitposter kun. Here's your complimentary (You). Don't spend it all at once.
>>
>>153690219
Stop triggering me.
>>
>>153690793
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to hate Atlus and a particular game of your choosing. But shitposting aside, SMT IV is pure RNG. If I wanted that, I'd play pachinko.
>>
File: 1435426807972.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1435426807972.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>153691192
Yeah, because the other mainlines aren't RNGfests.
>>
>>153690793
You are cool, do not crack to the rants of others.

>>153690970
That sounded like a joke IMO though.
>>
>>153690219
The japs got it as an special edition.
We got it by default.
>>
>>153691353
>That sounded like a joke IMO though.
Don't bother. Ever since I saw an anon calling out edgy because someone said "nigga" on /b/ posts that have a stench of newfag like this one >>153690970, aren't worth it. Don't give free (You)s like that.
>>
>>153691353
>That sounded like a joke IMO though.
That's what shitposting is.
>>
>>153691192
>tfw I stopped hating DeSu2 and stopped caring about #FE
And just when I was starting to enjoy my anger.

But I guess I can still shit talk about Atlus USA.
>>
>>153691497

>>153691497
Was me. I was fully aware >>153690707 was joking. I simply told him he made me kek.
>>
File: 2989353-3203537250-cIIoO.gif (351KB, 419x233px) Image search: [Google]
2989353-3203537250-cIIoO.gif
351KB, 419x233px
>mfw Atlus USA dub defenders are literally reditors
>>
>>153691597
You will always be able to shittalk Atlus USA senpai.
>>
>>153691698
Meant >>153690970
>>
>>153686417
Hate to break it to you, kid - Luci wrecked Hitoshura, atluses implied his death in DDS and straightforward confirmed it in Final senpai.
>>
>>153691823
Someone defending the dub is always the easiest way to find ledditors, crossboarders, newfags and occasionally dumblrtards.
>>153692216
>Luci wrecked Hitoshura
That was an alt-dimension brodybro. TDE doesn't end like that.
>>
>>153692361
>muh alt dimensions
Nocturnebabies I swear
>>
>>153692496
Retard did you even play Nocturne?
>>
File: vlcsnap-5148061 (1).png (682KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-5148061 (1).png
682KB, 768x576px
https://youtu.be/GJryChENamc
>>
>>153655504
#FE was surprisingly good.
>>
>>153692730
Why did he waste all that time instead of just deleting system 32?
>>
>>153677860
It's kinda a standard SRPG only when you move your mans next to enemy mans and choose fight, they go into an RPG screen to take one attack each at each other, more if you have better initiative and hit weaknesses to get extra turns. Between fights you are buying new demons and fusing them to make stronger and stronger teams.

The plot in the first is really good if you can get around the fact that almost nothing happens for the entire first half of it and explanations only hit about day 5.
>>
>>153690793
EO is better.

>>153691192
>SMT IV is pure RNG.
Accurate.
>If I wanted that, I'd play pachinko.
Is Pachinko even good?
>>
>>153694071
>Is Pachinko even good?
It's gambling, what do you think?
>>
File: 1470711368435.png (125KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470711368435.png
125KB, 320x240px
>>153691597
>Hating DeSu 2
I bet you only played the Naoya route of the original game as well.
>>
File: tumblr_mj5xzlDi9T1s5gehco9_1280.jpg (393KB, 1280x875px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mj5xzlDi9T1s5gehco9_1280.jpg
393KB, 1280x875px
[general Gotou is here]
>>
>>153694948
Not him but I bet your first SMT was Persona 4.
>>
Persona 4 is a good game.
>>
>>153694948
Not that guy, but story-wise it's pretty weak.
And that's without taking into account Triangulum and Marie Mk.II. Bitching music aside I'd rather not remember that exists.

And there's also no boss on par with DeSu 1's Lucifer so it's worse in my eyes either way.
>>
>>153695553
I never did DeSu1's Lucifer. What made that so good it makes an entire game better? Never seen a game made better by just one max grind boss
>>
>>153696276
Nothing, Lucifer was designed to make you cheese your way through with kishin and tyrant demons.
>>
>>153696276
It's not that it makes the entire game better, I'm just saying that DeSu2 isn't that challenging in the end game, and that's one of my main draws to games.

Lucifer himself isn't even that hard if you try, Tyrants and Recarm can easily cheese him, but you need to at least try.

On DeSu 2 Alice died in 2 turns to Multi Strike on my first try, which was only to check out the battle, and the Ticos were easy enough to beat demon-less
>>
Hey /smtg/,

You're given the chance to make side quests on SMT 5, what would they be
>>
>>153698389
In a dungeon you've already cleared, 19 random horde monsters show up.

In town some random demon mook from another game is a midboss.

Collect 4 things from monsters that only spawn in a really short and straightforward area so you stand no chance of getting them all unless you look up online where they spawn or have a perfect memory.

Turn in random junk that's only given as a reward for another random junk turn-in quest.
>>
>>153698389
The genocide of any remaining gaijin and niggers.
>>
>>153698389
Some shit about a guy wanting to be stronger and he end up being fused with a demon then joining in your party.
>>
>>153698389
Item fetch quest in a mini-dungeon that results in you being chased by the boss/demon in possession of the item through the dungeon back to the entrance.
>>
>>153694948
DeSu 2's atmosphere, passing and story as whole are weak, specially the horrendous writing. Also, not him, but I played every route on DeSu.
Law ending> Chaos ending and I'm a fucking Chaosfag
>>
>>153701042
I think that everyone would prefer law endings if they were not so extreme most of the time. Living in a world that's free from all sin sounds great on paper, but the way to get to that outcome is often horrific. I hope that in later games they decide to give us more routes like in DeSu so that we can have more control over the future that we want to see.
>>
File: 1461684137274.jpg (59KB, 588x806px) Image search: [Google]
1461684137274.jpg
59KB, 588x806px
>>153702491
Go extreme or go home. I'd say they make more sense since we're so accustomed with the notion of "balance" and with maintaining the status quo. If we're changing how things work, then do it properly,as in do it all at once instead of postponing things. That said, I'd be all in for a Dark and Light divergence of the Chaos and Law endings, though.
>>
>>153701042
Why are you a chaos fag? What draw is there for you? Honest question.
>>153702491
Truth.
>>
File: 1469551830502 (1).jpg (98KB, 400x522px) Image search: [Google]
1469551830502 (1).jpg
98KB, 400x522px
>>153703206
>Why are you a chaos fag? What draw is there for you? Honest question.
Freedom. Honest and pure freedom. I don't wanna sound edgy, but I'm sick how things work around our world. We live and die and during all that time society keeps piling on new responsibilities as you age to the point that it can get suffocating. I just want a world where everyone can attain peace and happiness trough freedom.

In a way, that's why I like Amane's Ending the best because while it enforces YHVH's rule in our world, it does so with the aim of punishing evil doers. In a way, that could probably create a peaceful and happy world. Of course, it all depends on what "evil" means in that ending.

Basically, things are stale and we're going slowly but surely down hill. I'd be up for anything other than what we have but I prefer freedom over following a leader blindly.
>>
>>153693043
How do I convince my lil bro to get this for his Wii U? AFAIK, he loves SJ and Devil Suvivor 1&2
>>
>>153703780
You sound like me when I first discovered how shitty the world was. I was actually smarter back then, somehow.
>>
>>153694948
>Naoya
SMT n00b here, isn't Naoya the "preferred" name of Persona 1's protag? I'm assuming that's not who you're talking about?
>>
>>153692730
that Jack Frost is moe as shit
>>
File: 1454307114598.png (50KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454307114598.png
50KB, 480x640px
>>153704186
We both know we don't have the power to change much how things go. Things are as they are, we admit we're weak and can't possibly change the world.
Alas, not everything is bad about the world. We just gotta appreciate what we have.
>>
File: 1444855394863.png (28KB, 151x162px) Image search: [Google]
1444855394863.png
28KB, 151x162px
>>153704210
There's Naoya from Devil Survivor, too. The chaos representative of the game that has a big following from chaosfags. Some of them kinda obnoxious hence what the other anon meant.
>>
>>153704210
Naoya is protag's cousin in DeSu1.

>>153704041
It's basically a dungeon crawling SMT game, only instead of press turns everyone does combos when you hit weaknesses. He's gotta like some weeby stuff though. It is about school dude and his childhood friend becoming idols/secret monster hunters.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-09-02 18.03.54.png (628KB, 841x488px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-09-02 18.03.54.png
628KB, 841x488px
>>153703780
I see. So it's not really that you massively prefer Chaos over Law, it's more like you don't trust humanity and because of that you don't think that Neutral will work out. I can understand that perspective, but the thing about freedom is that it can and will be abused. If everyone has absolute freedom, it's not long before someone powerful comes along and kills and enslaves people simply because he has the freedom to do so. I think it's better to have someone that exercises his power for good of the people ruling over others rather than lots of people ruling simply because they are more powerful than others.
>>
File: 1445989510951.jpg (266KB, 780x650px) Image search: [Google]
1445989510951.jpg
266KB, 780x650px
>>153704912
But I'd still prefer to take that risk in a chaos world, ya know? I just weight the pros and cons from both sides and the scale slightly tilts to Chaos for me. However, like I said here >>153703197, if we're doing things, let's do it like we should.
Still, I'd be up to following a lawful leader, depending on WHO he is.
>>
>>153703780
The problem is that only a select few actually benefit from the absolute freedom that chaos provides. Namely those who are strong. Sure everyone has absolute freedom and there is no law/order to limit them. But that also means there is no one to protect you from the strong. A world of chaos is a world where the weak are at the complete mercy of the strong. It's a world where murder, rape and theft are just normal everyday occurences, a world where if someone screws you over, it's your own fault for not being strong enough to protect yourself. Add to that all the actively insane demons and it's just a complete hellhole.
>>
>>153704912
Not him, but if I were to use a lawfag argument that is normally used against genocide endings, naturally good people exist. Strong ones would just have to be used to fight against evil ones.
>>
>>153705287
Not him but, i'm already aware of all that and i still prefer living in such a world over the one we live in.
>>
File: 1452080932847.png (817KB, 969x771px) Image search: [Google]
1452080932847.png
817KB, 969x771px
>>153705287
I'd rather go down as a free man though. If we're living in a chaos world that means society structuring won't be like what we have today. A different world a different society. Yes, let's go full Hobbes and advocate that man is inherently bad, but that doesn't mean things will be seen like that in a Chaos world. A paradigm shift doesn't alter solely a name, but the whole structure of the world. That means new costumes, new cultures, new people, new types of societies and behaviors. I know this isn't a really concrete pro-chaos argument but it's what I have.
>>
>>153706106
Oh, I understand now. It's not so much that you are pro-chaos as much as you are pro-"let's tear down the status quo and start over". That makes sense, yeah.
>>
>>153706798
Yes, in a way. Still, freedom above everything else. If things come to it, let's go full Musubi and give everyone absolute freedom by making everyone a god and an isolated world to shape as they'd like.
>>
File: 1459683983998.jpg (515KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1459683983998.jpg
515KB, 1000x1600px
All right, time to sleep. You guys try to keep this thread alive.
>>
How the fuck do I beat this shitty as Minotaur fight?! I've played through I, II, III, and none of the fights were just this outright unfair. It seems to be up to fucking luck whether you win or not.
>>
>>153708158
>Going to sleep
>On a Friday
Nigga what job do you work as?
>>
File: Breaking Hoys.png (301KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Breaking Hoys.png
301KB, 640x360px
>>153708213
Get Bufu on everyone. Rakukaja, Sukukaja or Sukunda is a priority. Media if you can, too. Soft reset if you get Walter as partner. If I'm not mistaken, you can also get a demon with immunity to Fire, that helps.
>>
>>153708574
Law researcher ironic since I'm a chaosfag and possible future intel agent. I'm just kinda tired and I have stuff to do tomorrow.
>>
>>153708213
It is down to luck, really. Most of SMT4 is luck. if you keep retrying, you'll eventually get a pattern where he doesn't crit wipe your entire team, smirk, and then kill you, or where you miss two attacks in a row.

Cuz if you have at least two people slinging ice, he won't survive three turns.

Anyone who isn't slinging ice, throw up some buffs or debuffs. Ailments don't work in this game so don't bother trying them.

>>153708605
There's no soft reset in SMT4 except Home-Quit-Restart. Gay as fuck.
>>
>>153708605
I'll end it thus.
>>153708767
Seems cool desu.
>>
File: watamote smt.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
watamote smt.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
This is the only SMT reference I have ever seen is there anymore?
>>
>>153708213
Die and pay Charon. Die again to unlock easy difficulty. Use easy difficulty and then turn it back up to normal after.

Cuz fuck this guy.

>>153708605
Where do you see Media before the cow? I've never gotten it before.
>>
>Played DeSu 2 years ago
>See this general sucking OC dick like there's no tommorow
>Start playing the game suddenly RED everywhere
How one play this game without gouging their eyeballs out?
>>
File: I'LL END IT THUS.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
I'LL END IT THUS.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>153708815
>There's no soft reset in SMT4 except Home-Quit-Restart. Gay as fuck.
Fuck, really? I thought it had the usual L+R+Select+Start thing.

>>153708861
It's pretty nice. Depends on the days though.

>>153709070
>Where do you see Media before the cow? I've never gotten it before.
I don't have my 3DS with me, but I'm pretty sure there's one demon with media before Minotaur. Or maybe I got it through skill mutation?
>>
File: Jack_frost_briefly_in_Joshiraku.jpg (78KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_frost_briefly_in_Joshiraku.jpg
78KB, 512x288px
>>153709013
Yup.
>>
>>153709146
By not being a shounenshit.
>>
>>153709146
Not everyone can have manly eyes and god taste anon. Also P3P's FMC's pink was the worse thing I've ever seen. Worse than the horrible yellow in P4 or putting up rainbow menu in FF1 PSP.
>>
>>153709448
>Also P3P's FMC's pink was the worse thing I've ever seen
FUCK YOU IT WAS GREAT
>>
>>153709601
It was great for five minutes. Then it was just glaring pink burning my eyes. And FMC didn't even have Mass Destruction to tide me over. At least the other exclusive musics were pretty good.
>>
>>153709601
Just because pink is your favourite colour anon, doesn't mean it is for everyone else.
>>
File: 2dbg287.cmp.stex.png (52KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
2dbg287.cmp.stex.png
52KB, 512x256px
>>153667445
>Was playing SFC version of SMT2 and read about the bonus dungeons, so I made a separate save file before the point of no return. After beating the game and loading the save file, it turns out, I need to have high base stats to pass through those fucking doors, which I didn't have, and at that point, I pretty much fucked myself over, because I used every Ma and In incense on Hiroko.
>Sometime after that decided to try out PS version, this time using every incense I find on Aleph. Turns out, Kongokai is NG+ only, and not only that, I've been playing vanilla version of the game full of bugs.
>After the kind anon uploaded the verision with fixed bugs, decided to give it a shot, since the save files were compatible. Turns out, some bugs do carry over, one of which doesn't add incenses you find in treasure chests to your inventory, and you need every single one of them to explore every bonus dungeon.
This game is cursed, and Kongokai is my unreachable Nirvana.
>>
>>153709146
Because the color red is rad as shit.
>>
>>153709978
>This game is cursed, and Kongokai is my unreachable Nirvana.
Kek.
Also 9999 get
>>
Has anyone in this general played the iOS version of SMT I? I want to know how the NG+ visionary Items work when you don't get to save your game after finishing the game.
>>
>>153710673
Wish i could pirate it or something.
>>
>>153708213
Are you me? Because I just got team wiped by him twice in a row, the second time coming right after I'd disturbed him and he'd "lost his aim"

I'm having fun though, I'll probably grind a bit before trying again
>>
>no honorifics throughout the entirety of Raidou 2
>Nagi suddenly called Raidou "Raidou-sempai" in the final chapter

Did the translator forget it wasn't Persona 4 or something?
>>
>>153713912
Yes. He has recently been promoted to Chief Coordinator.
>>
>>153713294
That attack that hits everyone he does, its description is "Low accuracy, high crit chance"

lol this isn't even XCOM. SMT4 is just gay.

Buffs and debuffs go from +3 to -3 and do not wear off unless dispelled. Check the effects menu, it shows he has -1 to hit when you score that conversation.

Buffs aren't as important as in EO but they DO change the game.

But in the end, beyond getting heal spells, ice spells, and a buff or debuff or two, there isn't much skill to this fight. NOTHING survives three crits and a hit on his first action, and the fight doesn't last long enough for you to +3 all your buffs and -3 all of his.

Spray 6-8 turns of ice if you can and eventually you'll get lucky. This isn't a test of skill.
>>
SMT x Farm simulator when
>>
Yaso Magatsuhi
>>
>>153708213
Hoy
>>
File: i'll end it thus.jpg (188KB, 1200x1140px) Image search: [Google]
i'll end it thus.jpg
188KB, 1200x1140px
>>153717497
>>
I want to name my daughter after Isabeau!
>>
How do Nips feel about lady Danu in Final? Is she liked or hated?
>>
File: Romero_Sad.png (4KB, 84x78px) Image search: [Google]
Romero_Sad.png
4KB, 84x78px
>>153718372
>naming your daughter after a monkey
>>
File: Ant-Man_Poster_Cropped.png (2MB, 1901x3036px) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man_Poster_Cropped.png
2MB, 1901x3036px
>>153718693
this image is for ants.
>>
666th reply get.
>>
Victory Cry!
>>
Magarula
>>
>>153704793
People other than chaosfags like him. On law you can begrudgingly get him on your side. His character is actually much better on amane's end.
>>
dont die on me you law loving homos
>>
File: 333w3333.jpg (24KB, 390x259px) Image search: [Google]
333w3333.jpg
24KB, 390x259px
Don't die on me!
>>
How is Nocturne on PS3's PSN? I'm trying to emulate it but I get about 45 FPS when running around in dungeons. So, any notable problems with the PSN version?
>>
>>153724069
I played it on my PS2, but I've heard it's good enough.
>>
>>153724069
its ok, avoid DDS and raidou thought
>>
>>153724520
>>153724875
Ok then.
>>
>>153719105
Haha
>>
the white were right afeter all
>>
>>153727392
Or not
>>
File: 1461554996815.jpg (85KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1461554996815.jpg
85KB, 900x700px
>>153723623

I think that apocalypse's ending selection is an interesting spin on the options. Take a normal megaten game for example. In a normal one its too obvious that law is the right answer, since you are more or less told de facto that the plan works, so the only issue is whether you can stomach it. When in real life there is some ambiguity to any choice, since by definition you don't know the outcome from the front end. Its not even a real choice if you're simply told which option is for the greater good. the interesting choices come in when you don't know.

Massacre changes this. There is no "side" you are siding with who necessitates the plan working out. And on the front end, literally everyone is against you. In the end, the ending is ambiguous. Since past the end, whether you make a better world in exchange for the deaths is left open ended. Its up to you. And the question of whether you truly trust yourself to know how to if you got power. The game makes you act dickish on the ending, since its not giving you a set reason for doing what you did. Yet from the perspective of the other characters you are dickish. With bonds you are offered a legitimately positive ending. One that ismore wide scale than normal neutral even, since the remaining humans on the sides end up down with it. Its not just a status quo but a bit of improvement.

But you are warned that the fighting will once again begin one day. and that yhvh will likely come back one day as well. Here there is no side to guide you. You simply are offered a choice. A choice to take the power for yourself to see whether you can make a better world. But it doesn't make it easy. You have to see the reality of what you did to get there. And you have to make yourself cold to what happens in the process. Dagda is crazy, and honestly a little irrelevant. He is a means to get there, but in the end he dies too, and you have to decide whether you have the resolve to go it alone. And a good reason no less.
>>
>>153728327
Although you may have responded to the wrong anon, I'm still screenshotting this for future Massacre shittalkers.
>>
>>153729190
I didn't. I was responding to them on purpose. They were complaining about no posts, so I posted.
>>
>>153729761
Touche
>>
>tfw no smt girlfriend
>>
File: Michael_SMTIV_HiRes.jpg (982KB, 1200x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_SMTIV_HiRes.jpg
982KB, 1200x1568px
>>153730407
>not having a smt girlfriend.
>not having her arrive at the same alignment as you via brainwashing.
>not casually talking about how now you'll both brainwash other people together.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/iamwhatonearth/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Also she makes needle felts. Go buy one.
>>
>>153663079
I got a pre order discount on Amazon during E3, and I still don't know if I can afford it.
>>
>>153730625
brainwashing is an outdated term you steal people's hearts nowadays
>>
>>153673902
I was playingt video games, but I'm not the hardcore guy with the links.
>>
>>153730724
I generally just say psychologically restructuring instead. It somehow makes neutrals even madder.
>>
>>153680250
if i liked hardback will i like papercover?
>>
File: atlus.png (122KB, 988x258px) Image search: [Google]
atlus.png
122KB, 988x258px
Thanks atlus. You are my greatest ally.
>>
>>153730931
Don't spend those savings all at once
>>
File: alternate.png (312KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
alternate.png
312KB, 704x528px
When will we have our own anime bros? Its not fucking fair personacucks got their own shitty OVA about the game that is not even released yet. SMTIV with Final could've been so adapted into anime it fucking hurts it'll never happen.

>we'll never see scene where deity Nanashi is looking upon one of the possible universes where demon breakthrough never happened
>we'll never see his counterpart' daily life shit in this world, with Asahi waking him up every morning before school and giving him a slap for a morning boner as a good childhood friend she is
>we'll never see how normal world's Nanashi is doing his daily highschool life shit with Flynn and Isabeau being his sempais
>we'll never see Hallelujah and Toki as his blushing underclassmen
>we'll never see Walter as a cool-looking badass from neighboring all-male highschool and how hes rivaling with Jonathan, who is student council kaicho
>we'll never see Nozomi as their P.E. teacher
>we'll never see Lilith as their homeroom teacher
>we'll never see Navarre being a sore loser even in this universe
>we'll never see Gaston as a NUMBAONE baseball player
>we'll never see them all goofing around for entire final episode of 26-episodes long TV show
>we'll never see deity Nanashi rejecting this fluffy world and returning back to Tokyo and Mikado in the end

It hurts.
>>
>tfw apocalypse sucks
>>
>>153730931
Change url to .ca and fuck off. You don't know true suffering
>>
>>153735407
We'll always have those OVAs.
>>
>>153735501
Honestly, I have high hopes for apocalypse. I was skeptical at first, but it looks like its actually overcoming some serious atlus flaws. Like for instance, making a game where the first 3/4 has no story. And as much as I like alignments, they really do need to mix them up for once, to stop having the same plot over and over.
>>
>>153735407
That sounds fucking awful and lord knows a more direct adaptation of pretty much any of the mainline games would also be shit. Also guaranteed to be animated by A1. An anime brings nothing to the table, dumb memer.
>>
>>153736668
>An anime brings nothing to the table
It brings fun and entertaining you sperg.
>>
>>153736770
>Bad animation, bad story, bad characters
>Flood of secondaries
>Fun or entertaining
>>
File: MCtsFrL.png (157KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
MCtsFrL.png
157KB, 512x512px
>>153736668
>buttblasted nocturnebaby angry that his edgy game can't possibly be adapted
>>
>>153736894
>'le A-1 is baad meme', meme, meme
>'flood of money that can save the franchise is bad guys!'
>being this miserable closet faggot
>>
File: Ikuyoo.png (132KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Ikuyoo.png
132KB, 512x512px
>>153736979
>Strawmanning retard can't even read
>>
>>153736979
I want to be assassinated by Toki!
>>
>>153737092
A1 is trash and it's already too late to cash in on an anime for Apocalypse.
>>
>>153737190
>A1 is trash
Hot /a/ memes you got there pal
>it's already too late to cash in on an anime
P4 adaptation was released three years after the game so your argument is invalid sorry
>>
>>153736979
It literally can't. SMT's plot structures is nearly impossible for an anime without padding and adding stuff that didn't happen. Long portions of SMT is being alone and fighting demons, and especially in early SMT, talking to your 'friends' when it's conducive to the ideas they represent. It would be terrible as an anime.
>>
>>153737292
It's a meme because it's true. A1 anime tends to be full of QUALITY. P4 was was more successful than Apocalypse, and the anime released a year before Golden.

>>153737491
Nocturne is probably the worst candidate of all SMT games for an anime, honestly.
>>
>>153737575
>P4 was was more successful than Apocalypse
>complete game sold better than expansion with reused assets
Boo fucking hoo

>and the anime released a year before Golden.
And that explains perfectly why they had useless Golden anime three years after the game how? Stop pretending that you know how marketologists minds works, anime is being made even for complete shit franchises that sold like utter crap in their own original form.
>>
>>153737893
>And that explains perfectly why they had useless Golden anime three years after the game how?
Because it was successful? Point me to these unsuccessful games getting anime adaptations after the fact and don't have some sort of rerelease or sequel coming up.
>>
>>153738028
>Because it was successful
Yeah, it was, three fucking years before that.
>>
>>153738257
And? Apocalypse isn't likely to match IV's success let alone P4's. The time to make an anime for a game that isn't already popular is before or relatively close to release to boost sales while they're still strong. If they felt that IV wasn't worth making an anime for after it became a success it stands to reason that its less succesful sequel isn't worth it to them either.
>>
>>153738028
Not him, but I don't understood why DeSu 2 of all things got an anime adaptation. Both DeSus didn't sold anything special. Making an anime to promote a game that ended up getting delayed was a terrible decision.
>>
>>153738476
Probably has to do with Record Breaker since that was announced in March 2013.
>>
>>153738609
Does an anime even work as promoting the game though? Is there really a difference?
>>
>>153709250
I think that you can get Media by fusing an Apsaras.
>>
>>153738609
>game successful
>release anime after three years

>make an anime to promote the game
>release game three years after that

That sounds too retarded to be true. I know we're talking about Atlus, but cmon...
>>
File: 1456604746675.png (2MB, 1672x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1456604746675.png
2MB, 1672x1672px
>>153738667
THIS. Thank you anon.
>>
>>153738664
If the anime isn't dogshit like DeSu's presumably. Sometimes the anime can be successful on its own too, like P4A and P4AG probably were (don't know the sales of these myself so feel free to correct me).

Anime adaptations are basically glorified commercials.

>>153738723
I recall Record Breaker getting delayed. My memory is kinda shit though so.
>>
File: 1472882766379.png (355KB, 540x643px) Image search: [Google]
1472882766379.png
355KB, 540x643px
>>153738773
>make an anime to promote upcoming the game
>anime turned out so shit you're forced to delay the game because of it

Now this sounds more legit.
>>
>>153735407
Forget that, I want FINAL OVA revolving around the demons. If there's one thing that Final did wrong was not making a Slice of Life plot using only Demons. I wanna see a meeting among Polythestic Alliance.
>>
Listen up cucks, there's a new sheriff in town. I'm taking over this general.
>>
>>153739062
/feg/ is that way.
>>
File: Shinji_Crying_(EoE).png (270KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_Crying_(EoE).png
270KB, 853x480px
>>153738923
>we'll never see Krisha as their history teacher
>we'll never see brief image of Odin as a tokusatsu actor on street TV advertising
>>
We did it bros! Daybreakers is utter garbage! P5 is finished!
>>
>>153739147
What about Inanna and Miroku?
>>
>>153738740
I hate that picture, it makes me giggle like an idiot everytime I see it.
>>
>>153739228
>we'll never see a Miroku being a statue at the local shrine
>we'll never see Inanna being a Asahi's keychain accessory.
>>
>>153738740
What were they thinking with this design? Looks like he has fucking downs.
>>
File: BU3D_01_02_01_01.cmp.stex.png (121KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
BU3D_01_02_01_01.cmp.stex.png
121KB, 512x512px
>>153739396
Don't insult the cockroach.
>>
File: When you kill a god.webm (460KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
When you kill a god.webm
460KB, 1280x720px
>>153739329
Flynn is best smug.
>>
>>153739147
I meant a SOL where the Polythesitic Alliance hold a meeting to discuss their plans to kill YHVH, which gets interrupted by Miroku and Inanna helping themselves to free donuts and coffee, membership fees going missing because someone thought it was a good idea to put a Barbatros in charge of Finances.
>>
File: chalk hoy.jpg (174KB, 669x900px) Image search: [Google]
chalk hoy.jpg
174KB, 669x900px
>>153739658
This sounds fun.
>>
File: 1391673001354.jpg (34KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1391673001354.jpg
34KB, 240x240px
>>153739503
Hearty keks were had. Thanks man.
>>
>>153739765
There's should be stuff like Lucifier being forced to attend a meeting because Baalzebub couldn't find someone to take care of him. Lucifer is one of those lawfags who converted to christian to turn his life around.
>>
File: 1472901988737.png (743KB, 1012x571px) Image search: [Google]
1472901988737.png
743KB, 1012x571px
>>153739225
DELET THIS
>>
File: 1453936657833.jpg (42KB, 498x321px) Image search: [Google]
1453936657833.jpg
42KB, 498x321px
>>153739225
why
>>
>>153739350
I always thought that Miroku would be like that monk in Persona 3 who hangs out at the bar, drinking and smoking away while espousing truths to Nanashi,

Inanna sounds like she's the mascot to some magical girl anime
>>
File: buildforanne.jpg (87KB, 400x501px) Image search: [Google]
buildforanne.jpg
87KB, 400x501px
Build for sex.
>>
>>153740637
I'm not interested in any of the P5 waifus they showed. I seriously hope is like P4 and the best one is not from the party.
>>
File: 1472904514065.jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472904514065.jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
Would you smtg?
>>
>>153741173
Dear god, all three faces look terrible.
>>
>>153741173
You'd think with all the fancy graphics that they'd be able to shell out a bit more to get decent anime cutscenes. Or are the cutscenes where they cut costs?
>>
File: Chris-Evans-laughing.gif (948KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Evans-laughing.gif
948KB, 400x262px
>>153741173
What in the fuck...
>>
File: 1472909631101.jpg (53KB, 721x630px) Image search: [Google]
1472909631101.jpg
53KB, 721x630px
did he fuse himself with a horse demon?
>>
Vanity
>>
Are Naoya and Kazuya popular names for brothers or something?
>>
File: 1460159537963.jpg (193KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
1460159537963.jpg
193KB, 640x437px
>>153746196
I like the sound of Kazuya. Dunno what kanji it's made of though.
>>
>>153741173
>Someone in this very thread actually defended this studio
>>
I've come to Hoy
>>
>I've come to thus
Someone break this down for me because I thought it was a typo/localization error the first time I saw it. What did he mean by this?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>post yfw
>>
New thread:
>>153751463
>>153751463
>>
>>153730931
Sick sale.

I hope Atlus doesn't go bankrupt for giving us those crazy discounts.
Thread posts: 754
Thread images: 169

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.