[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 820
Thread images: 97

File: original.jpg (126KB, 845x473px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
126KB, 845x473px
Catcom edition

>I have a question!
http://pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

http://mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

https://sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does /vg/ play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread >>151792672
>>
Eleventh for I wish the stupid "Bonus Shot is a risky skill" meme would die.
>>
second for SEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>151825780
Is that a fucking tampon?
>>
It's definitely BEEEE YAAAAAA
>>
File: dontfukmeimimpaired.jpg (88KB, 670x446px) Image search: [Google]
dontfukmeimimpaired.jpg
88KB, 670x446px
>join a room
>"time for some comfy turns hunting!"
>lbg user has lost musket

Fucking kill me.
>>
>>151825990
It is generally considered polite to say see ya before informing someone they wouldn't wanna be ya. Most guildies think that way, you can tell.
>>
I'm 160 hours in and just realized I haven't played a single game with the cat, or even seen anyone online using it. I take it it's every bit as bad as everyone said.
>>
File: Zero_Suit_Monster_Hunter_4.png (372KB, 799x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zero_Suit_Monster_Hunter_4.png
372KB, 799x480px
Why haven't you completed her DLC yet, /mhg/?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeywY1bjY40

Can someone that speaks moonrune decipher what armour skills he's running? He has them in the description, but when I put it through google translator I get some nonsense like "hunter of the south wind" and "ballistic strengthening".
>>
Coal Hearted seems like the best way to get Worn weapons.

What's the best way to get Rustshards/Tarnished weapons? I want to make Daora's Razor.
>>
>>151826074
It's basically a cuter Pierce gun, around the middle of the field in terms of power compared to the other weapon types.
That is, when used properly.
Most people that use it online are shitters.
>>
>>151826094
>replacing my brown huntress' hair with that shitty blonde ponytail

No thanks
>>
>>151826118
>hunter of the south wind
wow does he actually use tropic hunter? these red bottles were hot drinks?
>>
>>151826195
Select speedruns are using tropic and polar hunter, yes.
>>
>>151826094
I got the gun, which was enough 9K health, 350% damage Hyper Garuga for me.
>>
>>151826118
Monhun wiki has the skills in moonrune, try copy pasting there.
>>
>>151826074
Playing them sucks until you figure out their gimmick, and then you realize they suck.

Regardless you should at least complete the Arena quest line. I think there's a total of 3 Arena matches as cats, and 4 hub cat quests you gotta do to unlock those.
>>
>>151826236
>350% damage
...Really?
He didn't seem to hit that hard to me
>>
>>151826287
Compared to the baseline.
The normal Hyper Garuga quest has a 265% damage modifier.
>>
Just finished The Fated Four for the first time using a Rathalos set and a power swag axe. That felt less satisfying than the 1v1 with Shaggy Maggy, to be honest.

Is HR stuff only on Hub?
>>
post yer mixsets
>>
>>151826376
end village quests are HR
>>
>>151826118
tropical hunter
aus
pierce up
shot booster
weakness exploit

>>151826281
That run's not a TA.
>>
What are the essential skills for CB? I've heard of people talking about stuff like Load Up
>>
>>151826418
>That run's not a TA
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>151826195
are you mental? It was Mega/Demondrug if it was a hot drink you would have seen the icon for it instead of the atk up icon.
>>
>>151826490
I misread your post, my bad.
>>
>hunt for scales
>get gems instead

I don't even want to fully upgrade that weapon.
>>
>>151826495
>i don't know how tropical hunter works
k
>>
I call them Crapcom, lol.
>>
>>151826464
Razor sharp, AuL, (HGE).
>>
>>151826637
Not him, but, why HGE?
>>
>>151826524
not that guy but it was a mega demondrug and yes he's using tropical hunter

i'm chink and 鬼人 are the characters for demon
>>
>>151826094
It's hard to find people grinding out DLC past the day of release.
>>
>>151826524
that doesn't change the fact that it was a Mega Demondrug and not a Hot Drink.
>>
>>151826661
So you could land AED on the head during roars as Striker.
>>
>>151826695
Try posting it in a turn lobby?
>>
Unlocked turns

34-1192-9957-6258
>>
I'm open to the possibility that I might be an incompetent, retarded baby here, but is there actually a foolproof way to deal with Garuga charging at you if your weapon can't block?

Obviously rolling to the right doesn't work, because his head slam is designed to punish that, so that's out.
But rolling to the left seems to end just as often with him stopping on a dime, turning toward where my roll ends, and doing the quick Kut-Ku pecks.

Rolling backward takes you out of range of at least the headslams (but maybe not the pecks), but it's just going to get your ass kicked if he decides to keep charging instead of stopping to peck.
Rolling forward, through him, also doesn't really seem to work, because if I roll soon enough to not get hit by the charge itself, he can stop on a dime and do a peck attack, which tends to land just after my i-frames are up (even with Adept/Evasion), and if I wait long enough to i-frame the pecks, I get nailed by the charge if he DOESN'T stop on a dime to peck.

Am I missing some sort of tell or pattern to what he'll do on a charge? Or is there a direction/window of time you can dodge in that isn't covered by one of the, like, four distinctly different things he seems to be able to do at any given point during his charge?
>>
>>151825726
http://www.examiner.com/article/capcom-reveals-what-s-blocking-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-hd-ver-localization

>august 20th 2011
>talks still going for localization of p3rd hd

>august 25th 2011
>p3rd hd releases in japan

>september 12th 2011
>mh4 announced
>mh3g announced

>december 10th 2011
>mh3g released

Man if you want to believe that Capcom scrapped up MH3G in less than 6 months then be my guest. Something like MH4 and MH4G can be developed in tandem, and in fact they do that and they cut the game into vanilla and G release. But 3DS is a new hardware and is built on Tri.

Also Capcom would've mentioned a MH title in the April financial review if that title was meant for the PSP instead. But what happened was they kept everything quiet because saying that you have 1.2 million expectation for 2011's MH when P3rd sold close to 5 million would raise a lot of noise from investors.

And no even if Nintendo was the publisher for Europe and Australia, all profits would go to them. It's not paying out of good will, which doesn't exist in the business world. The localization was still done by Capcom.

A publisher pays money to a platform maker to publish their games on said platforms. It's called royalty and one of the main source of income for the platform makers. Of course being a patron of the platform means certain sets of rules and regulations. And lastly publishing decisions are made by the publishers, not the developers. If say Capcom USA got the directives to publish MHP3rd HD, then their would have gotten the funds to handle all publishing matters.

Fucking hell pick up a book. The idea that a bunch of developers being unprofessional about trophies when they are trying to sell their game on somebody else' platform is fucking absurd. But they seemed to be happy reaping the profits for 500k sales of MHP3rd HD in Japan didn't they?
>>
>>151826917
>is there actually a foolproof way to deal with Garuga charging at you
Don't stand in front of her.
>>
>>151826094
>whore suit has better skills than the actual iconic suit
I
HATE
ZERO
SUIT
>>
File: poodiddles.png (73KB, 556x500px) Image search: [Google]
poodiddles.png
73KB, 556x500px
>Pictured GaijinHunter as the savior of the West, manly, broad chest, full tasteful beard
>He's an estrogen laden beta male
Fug.
>>
>>151826959
I'm gay and even I love ZSS.
You're just... defective.
>>
>>151826661
Don't listen to anyone that recommends HGE for anything. They're like the people that used evasion +2 or +3 in MH4U.
>>
>>151826991
Yet he has a qt nipponese wife and daughter, and you don't.
>>
>>151827038
I'm from a country where "beautiful" blonde girls are the biggest meme and they are all fucking disgusting.
>>
>>151826824
You need like a million tickets per item.
>>
File: image.jpg (301KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
301KB, 960x544px
>>151826464 #
Load Up has always been skippable, especially now with the new hunter art.

Absolute essentials for impact CBs are Razor Sharp and Artillery Novice. I personally run that with AuM and Crit Eye+2.

Some say Crit is useless for CB because it doesn't modify your phial damage, however the bulk of your hits are in fact from your weapon and not phials. Especially against stuff that won't stay put, like Rajang. With that said, if you can squeeze RS on something like the Rathalos set, you can confidently walk around with WE and AuL and perform well.

If you're running elemental, I'd recommend going with whatever element +2 and possibly Focus/Mind's Eye if you want to keep spamming laser beams and UAEDs all day without worry.

CB's an odd weapon that benefits from almost every standard blademaster skill. Razor Sharp is a must. Attack Up and Artillery Novice increase your phial damage. Anything beyond that is personal preference.
>>
>>151826958
You don't really have a choice in the matter when you're the only target on the field, unless you want to run around in circles for 20-30 seconds waiting for Garuga to start an attack with an animation long enough that you can move out of the way, and then get an attack in, and then be moving again by the time it turns to face you for the next attack.
>>
>>151826958
>her
dumb monsterfucker
>>
>>151826917
Never stay in front of his face, ever

Attack from the sides.
>>
>>151826917
Always attack after monster attacks.

This should be in the fucking OP.
>>
>>151827134
Load Up was reworked for CB.
It now lets you get 5 phials out of yellow.
>>
>>151827135
>equip evasion+1
>hit and dodge through the 1 frame nonsense with practice
>or just use a gunner weapon and e a matador
>>
>>151827195
To be honest, I still wouldn't use it over Hayabusa. It doesn't take too much effort to get red and I daresay it's easy to find yourself with excess charge when the hunt isn't going perfectly your way.

I do see the appeal. Maybe my opinion would change when I put it into practice.
>>
>>151827128
Better to do it slowly than not at all.
>>
So who the fuck is even Hero of Kokoto and why he's in charge when Jumbo chief founded the Kokoto village and is still alive?
>>
>>151827135
If all you want is dodging its attacks, your best bet is to circle around clockwise. Because its beak attacks start at its left side/your right, so this way you are much less likely to get hit. You have to be ready for the tail swipe though.
But if you're speaking about the actual instant charge attack with fuckhuge hitbox that stretches out in front of it, even before the attack animation starts... well, there's no real way to avoid it if you're standing in front of it.
>>
>>151827134
>>151827195
>striker
>load up
>insight
>chance
>over limit III
>energy blade III
>mfw
>>
>>151827391
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Kokoto_Village
>The village is led by the Kokoto Chief, a retired Wyverian hunter who achieved Legendary status for slaying a Monoblos with the Hero's Blade, hunted a Lao-Shan Lung alone, and slaying an unknown Elder Wyvern/Dragon with 3 other hunters after it killed his fiancée. He is also known as the "Hero of Kokoto"

I know /mhg/ hates kogath because frontier but come the fuck on.
>>
File: kutku_swallows.webm (187KB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
kutku_swallows.webm
187KB, 856x480px
Why is Kutku so lewd?
>>
Now that the dust has finally settled can we call agree MHG was mistake?
>>
File: astaskills.jpg (238KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
astaskills.jpg
238KB, 400x480px
Definitely far from the best skills I've had in a set, but it just looks so nice.

At least I can look forward to making it a bit better once I get a crit up +3 OOO charm
>>
>>151828069
That's been generally agreed upon shortly after MHX came out.
>>
>>151828069
Welcome to 8 months ago.
>>
>>151828069
i don't know man, it was the first G game in the entire franchise
>>
>>151828069
Nah, it's fun. Sorry you're a 4U baby who needs a carrot to play.
But they should have put in a little bit of a story so you unlock villages 1 by 1, not all at once.
And add less tickets you have to collect or make the courier collect them all for you.
Could've also brought back some monsters like Qurupeco and Barroth.
>>
What if MH5 keeps the old monsters but gives them entirely new moves?
>>
>>151828087
cringe
>>
>>151827775
>over limit
>XL buildup
>monster is either dead or fleeing somewhere as soon as you pop it

Every fucking time
>>
>>151827775
Don't forget hunter's drink and using a deviant weapon.

Looking at the skill, how does chance even work?
>>
>>151828087
>Asta set
>good
>>
>>151828217
One of the best looking sets, yes.
>>
>>151828174
Just like what they were doing the past 12 years?
>>
>>151828267
>Fashion hunter
>>
>>151828216
When the monster is tripped, trapped, paralysed, sleeping, etc, your arts have increased effect. Not sure by how much though.
>>
>>151826917
Try rolling under it's legs as he charges at you to get behind him. If he turns around, try to roll under and behind again because there's a likely chance he'll try pecking at you and will be be facing the wrong way if you time it right. You'll have 3 seconds to either

A: Get a few hits in
or
B: Run away and heal or something

Alternately, you can refer to >>151827429
>>
>>151828304
Yeah. Problem?
>>
>>151827901
>hero
>for hunting piss easy monoblos with crappy sns, soloing lao and hunting fatasslis or something in party like a scrub
why is my hunter not a living legend then
>>
>>151828069
let's find out
http://www.strawpoll.me/10997183/
>>
>>151828172
>needs a carrot

At least the option for a carrot is there. Find one complaint that isn't
>Apex is so cancer
>G rank hp is so bloated

Because not only is Apex fine, but standard G rank monsters die in minutes when you've gotten good.
>>
File: guild_card.jpg (705KB, 802x1012px) Image search: [Google]
guild_card.jpg
705KB, 802x1012px
>>151828340
Asta is shit fashion hunter set tbqh.

Amatsu is the best looking set in this game. Tama's is 2nd best.
>>
>>151828267
>marth/lucina armor will have tenderizer and crit boost while still looking like a boss
WHEN IS IT COMING
>>
>>151828216
If the monster is tripped, stunned, trapped, or paralyzed it activates.
It's an arm skill that lasts for a minute when triggered and gives a 20% boost to art damage IIRC, boosts the duration of the buff arts by 20%, and adds a second spin immediately after the first to both Evasion Arts.
>>
>>151827429
This is what I've been doing and it's generally seen the most success, but still doesn't seem to be foolproof.

For reference, the issue that I'm having is not shared by any version of Rathian/Rathalos, Kut-Ku, Gypceros, or any other gen-1 monster that uses that basic skeleton.

Dodging Rath charges is simple - just don't actually be TOUCHING their hitbox once their previous attack concludes, and you'll have plenty of room to dodge out of the way, and if you're using Adept or an Evasion skill, touching it is fine as long as you're rolling during the end of the previous attack. And if you can't go to one side, for some reason, any Evasion skill will also let you roll forward right through the charge and not even have to worry about it.

Kut-Ku and Gypceros are mostly the same, except they can cancel the charge into a peck, which makes forward rolls less safe for evasion skills. if KK/Gyppo cancel into the peck, then you're fine as long as you roll to one side, because the peck is always aimed straight forward, in the direction they were charging.

The problem with Garuga is that he seems to be able to cancel the charge into a peck that is turned clockwise from the direction he charged in, so that there's just a pile of angry beak waiting for me when I come out of my roll/iFrames.

It just doesn't seem like there's a 100% way to avoid sometimes getting hit by a charge, short of A) having a weapon that can block, B) playing super cautiously and just sheathing every time he isn't throwing fireballs or tripping and falling, or C) playing with Palicos or other players to take enough of the heat off of you that you don't care about being 100% foolproof. And I can't really say that I've found that to be true about any other monster, including most of the gen-1/2 crew that most people gripe about.
>>
>>151828279
Modern rathian still has all the moves that gen1 rathian had.
>>
>>151827986
>that face huntress makes
Hello M rating
>>
>>151828429
It's alright. Gotta have more than one fashion set man, gotta have many dozens.
>>
>>151828428
Apex is downright the worst addition to the series by a landslide.
More cancer than all the large elder dragons put together.
>>
>>151828395
Because you've never hunted a Lao-Shan Lung
>>
>>151828551
Apex > Hyper.

Come at me.
>>
>>151828552
but what if i did? i even soloed fucking gog and his 18k hp with crap hitzones jesus it takes fucking forever
>>
>>151828395
Not canon
>>
>join HR lobby for narga cause I need some mats
>the other 3 are on a quest already
>ok shouldn't take long

>been waiting in the lobby for 10 mins now
>they're still not back

something tells me I should leave
>>
>>151826013
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>151828460
Monsters attacks are home into you to a degree, so in case of Garuga peck, don't roll until it actually starts the pecking animation. If you try to roll pre-emptively when it's still running in your direction, you're likely to get hit by the follow up attack.
Just walk around it clockwise as it closes the distance and get ready to dodge at any moment when the actual attack comes. What you're calling charge isn't the attack, and it's not cancelling it. It's just how the monster moves, it will always "cancel" it and follow up with an attack. The charge is when Garuga trips and falls over.
>>
>>151826920
Examiner has shut down, that link is invalid.

I never even brought up the topic of trophies in the first place. I only mentioned the problem about making Ad Hoc Party work outside of Japan, it was you who brought up trophies out of nowhere and then the irrelevant spiel about publishers and developers.

I will admit that the timeline is a bit sketchy, although the discussion about the localisation of p3rd hd could have gone way before Christian Svensson even said something on Capcom Unity.
>>
File: pickle jar.png (564KB, 1280x1816px) Image search: [Google]
pickle jar.png
564KB, 1280x1816px
>use apm to change some names
>can no longer resist other portions of the save editor
>edit in 100k zenny
It won't be long before I'm editing in charms like the cheating piece of shit I am
>>
>>151828460
Hunted a ton of Garuga in 140GQs.

The trick is to expect one pivot hop and one move, it's not like a Rath that tends to pivot twice (unless it's doing the 3x charge).

The pecks aren't an opening because of tail spin and follow up pecks. Biggest is probably the tail flip.

He does a ton of chip so you can probably just trigger adept dodge often and stay clear preemptively. Exhaust works wonders on it too.

If you focus on just the beak you'll notice that your openings are during pivots, so that you're ending your animation as its about to attack. The stagger threshold is predictable too.

He doesn't hit like a truck compared to 140s. You can tank quite a few hits (read: more than 2).
>>
>>151828569
Hypers are fought like a normal monster with some charged attacks and a chunk of extra health.
It's not brilliant, I'll grant you that.

Apex takes zero elemental damage and status unless you use an item that adds it to your attacks for a while.
You also bounce on the vast majority of hitzones. Zones that seem to be picked completely at random when they selected them. They didn't even pick the weak parts for some monsters, you bounce on Pickle's fucking belly. Of course you can use another item to stop the bouncing, but all those items have a timer and a recharge.

Bouncing is a way of telling you that "this zone shouldn't be hit usually because it's hard and takes shit damage", not "lol you now bounce here".
Giving element an extra kick while it's down is just adding insult to injury.

Adding subspecies attacks to the normal monsters is something I'm iffy about. I mean, that's what the subspecies are for, no?
>>
>>151828936
At least you acknowledge that.
But that doesn't make you any less of a human trash.
>>
>>151828936
this is why i'm not going anywhere near that

unless I don't get a good charm in the next couple hundred hours
>>
File: sad lagombi.jpg (203KB, 892x747px) Image search: [Google]
sad lagombi.jpg
203KB, 892x747px
>>151829041
save me
>>
File: 1413768674287.jpg (270KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1413768674287.jpg
270KB, 1280x960px
>Suddenly MH needs an "endgame" to keep people interested
???
>>
Ok fuck me, I can no longer solo any fucking thing at hr 7 with my shitty low rank set. Any decent high rank sets for duals that won't require me to get boosted through deviants?
>>
>>151829128
Toka
>>
>MH Stories has amiibo support
kek
Give me all of them you fucker
>>
>>151829103
>pic
What is that?
Pizza with plastic wrap?
>>
>>151828929
>Ad Hoc Party work outside of Japan
But it did work? I downloaded if off the shop back in 2010 and even played some FU years later
>>
>>151829298
There was an AHP update for MHP3rd.
Allowed you to launch the game from it, worked pretty well.
>>
File: tasty.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
tasty.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>151829236
I'm pretty sure it's molded up pizza. Maybe a month old
>>
>>151829346
That's what happens when you don't degrease your pizza.
>>
>>151828429
Yer shit, mate.
>>
>>151828551
Explain.

>Apex encourages you to hit weak zones. I bet everyone knows Deviljho's by now and laughs at how "bloated" his hp is
>monsters hit hard when in Apex
>so you must learn to avoid it and exploit openings
>tension alleviated when Apex is down as the thrill of the hunt kicks in
>impending re-Apex as hunt progresses
>becomes a race to see if you can kill it before the re-Apex
>this means dps is important, so you should gear appropriately

Literally the all inclusive monster hunter experience. Everything else outside of Apex requires little to no thought put into hitzones, because you can get by without it.

There are few things more satisfying than knocking a monster out of Apex with a solid hit and hearing the music change as the monster squeals and topples.

Apex is only cancer when combined with a shit mechanic, like digging. That's it.

I'm a little peeved that there was no Apex Silver Rathalos. Not including maximum tears in 4U was a mistake.
>>
Is there a better feeling than killing a monster with a hunter art?
>>
>>151829168
cool, thank you, this looks to be a bitch to get but its exactly what I need
>>
>>151829478
you can deal with mizu as a temporary measure
>>
>>151829101
Even if we save you, you'd just edit it anyway
>>
File: 1469575738972.jpg (309KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1469575738972.jpg
309KB, 1200x1920px
>>151829443
Taking a bubblebath with Tamamitsune as you gentle stroke her fur.
>>
>>151829410
>Apex encourages you to hit weak zones
Not when hit zones have the fucking apex bouncing, and you're forced to just hit the legs.
I like apex more than hyper too, but the nonsensical hitzone plating is definitely not one of its strengths. Apex was good because it expanded monster moveset.
>>
>>151829236
It's pizza with a vegan cheese.
>>
>>151829653
>her
>>
>>151829410
>Apex encourages you to hit weak zones
And this is where you're wrong.
It fucking doesn't.
You wanna hit Pickle?
Either Drive up or hit the tail/legs. Hit the weak belly? Enjoy your bounce that not even Mind's Eye can change (which, y'know, would've made ME actually useful for the first time ever). And don't get me started on Zin's retarded zones.

Removing elemental damage and status damage, adding poorly chosen hitzones and bouncing that can only be stopped by an item created a cocktail of awful that wasn't fun at all.

Hyper tries something similar, but doesn't quite get it either.

Good challenging fights were the Super Brach and Hell Stiggy from 3U. Those kept you on your toes.
>>
File: held narga.jpg (36KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
held narga.jpg
36KB, 600x856px
>hunting dreadqueen rathian
>going great, only getting hit by chips for the first three or four minutes
>fuck up a block and get tailspinned into a wall
>camera goes nuts
>consecutive tailspin
>dizzy
>claws
>pinned
>killed before I can get up
somewhat distraught
>>
>>151829443
No.
>critical juncture a monsters roar/charge/ tailswipe
>dead

>>151829653
Only males have red fins.
As if that would stop any of you
>>
File: 1469680414397.png (173KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
1469680414397.png
173KB, 332x332px
>>151829653
stop

you want a female tama? comminsion a drawing of one with dull colors and small fins

that image isn't even a fucking tama you delusional twat
>>
>>151829710
>fuck up a block and get tailspinned into a wall
>camera goes nuts
>consecutive tailspin
>dizzy
>claws
>pinned
>killed before I can get up
That must have been LR Dreadqueen. You'd die of AIDS from the first tailspin way before you'd get dizzy on high levels.
>>
File: 1469744588069s.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1469744588069s.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
>>151829861
yep, dreadqueen I
It was my first attempt
>>
>>151829103
>and now I'm criticizing someone for wanting what was in the prior release

You know, GRank being gone is fine. They could've just imported the relic system and have been done with it, or added it to lvl X variants.

Capcom either didn't notice how much longevity it added, or ran the numbers and saw the hardcore population was a small %. Either way it could have been in and it was decided against it.

I repeat, they decided against adding it. For many this doubled the game's longevity and beyond. Why a dev would exclude a feature that does this is perplexing.
>>
Anyone want to help me with unlocking R series armor by doing the shitty 30 coal quest and 3 Hyper Tetsu quest with me?
>>
>>151830007
>everyone wanting to get carried through lmao3frog
Just kill them, dude
>>
>>151830007
No.
>>
>>151829745
French translation says Tamamitsune is a female.
>>
>>151829971
>Defending the relic system

You need to off yourself
>>
>>151830007
Coal quest is soloable.
So is Triple Tetsu.
>>
>>151828929
This link is good too. It's about the same date.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2011/08/21/sony-stalls-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-hd-localization-for-europe-and-north-america/
>They [SCEA and SCEE] have to make exceptions to approve this sort of project in the West: one that runs on PS3 but doesn’t have trophies or make use of regular PSN for online play… it uses a modification of adhoc party which doesn’t exist in the West.
>In short, it requires them to localize and launch SCEJ network services (which is development work and QA/support on their side) that don’t currently exist in either territory and a release it from the usual platform requirements for trophies, etc. It’s not trivial on Sony’s part.

>>151829298
>>151829343
AHP update to allow PSP remaster games on PS3 to use it for online play. Without it P3rd HD wouldn't be able to play any multiplayer in the west since the PSP version was not localized.
>>
>>151830067
>French
go hon hon baguette flashbomb yourself
>>
>>151830104
I never said it wasn't. But having 4 people mine in Area 1 for 3 seconds versus running around the Volcano for 15 minutes makes quite the difference in my boredom levels
>>
>>151830167
That's an inspired post right there
>>
>>151830209
Pardon..
>>
File: 1455479284932.png (165KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1455479284932.png
165KB, 640x475px
I'm late to the Hayabusa party.
I'm only at 2* and I already want to die.
Hold me, /mhg/.
>>
>>151830090
>hating on the best endgame MH game ever had
kys yourself
>>
Dos still has the best OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hc8ynC1SXU
>>
>>151829654
>>151829693
I didn't elaborate.

After you learn the "Apex" weak zones you start to target the standard hitzones in a dps race. The goal of Apex was very clearly "you're used to hunting this way, now here, learn how to fight it differently for one minute."

It's essentially two fights in one.

Obvious oversight in explaining. Sorry. I didn't mean Apex weak zones were always the standard weak zones.

Also
>bouncing on Apex
Not only does that wystone last long, but you have 3 other hunters contributing. I only used it in conjunction with the element wystone on DBs to start a CC loop.

For every other weapon aside from Maybe HH, LS, and SnS, it was worthless. Because you shouldn't be targeting bounce zones due to low de-Apex contribution.

>Zinogre
Based break dance pup is an Apex saint.
>>
I want to protect Armory & Smithy's *Smile*!
>>
>>151830263
>Tigrex FOE.png
>>
>>151829410
I sure loved having a mechanic that meant there was only one real viable endgame weapon unless you were running hame
>>
>>151830310
Only if you like edgy tribal shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jP0AR5xoqM
>>
>>151830284
>Garbage RNG Grind
>Best endgame MH ever had

???
>>
>>151830263
just bear with it
it gets better after 3*
>>
>>151830090
>not defending an optional roulette-based loot system that dropped the best weapons in the game, often for weapons you don't use, thus encouraging you to learn it

Did you ever make it past HR4 or did the game not have enough cuhrayzee to satisfy your ADD?
>>
>>151830430
Infinitely better than garbage deviant grind.
>>
>>151829971
The franchise is better off not cultivating a fanbase who measures "longevity" by the length of the game's gear progression, and as it is now the game is already dangerously heavily weighted toward the gear-and-stats side of the game (which is shit) rather than the action-based side of the game (which is the reason we don't jump ship to God Eater or Phantasy Star or whatever the fuck else shitty MH-clone just got released).
>>
>>151830263
What are you complaining about, village quests you should have done dozens of hours ago? Kill yourself you carried shitter
>>151830372
>mmo garbage
get out
>>
OK nerds, I wanna hear YOUR ideas. What kind of endgame would you like to see?
>>
>>151830263
All this mixed set making and I'm still having a hard time fitting in Hayabusa. What do people use it on? Raw Crit boost sets?
>>
>>151830520
Deviants are better fights than apex.
>>
>>151827105
>qt wife

Literally never seen pictures of his wife. He hasn't posted one.
>>
>>151830351
I can definitely imagine some of the lategame monsters as FOEs.
I wonder if my party can take the Hot Monkey Dick.
>>
>>151830586
Tell that to Helicopter King.
>>
>>151830618
Well, his wife's daughter is a qt, and she couldn't have inherited that from him, so it must be her mother's genes.
>>
>>151826991
where do I see this picture?
>>
File: 1458502214837.jpg (27KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27KB, 645x773px
>>151830520
>Pick your poison

Relics are garbage
Deviants are garbage
Hyper Monsters are garbage
Apex Monsters are garbage

The best MH endgame was 3U where none of that trash was present and you just crafted your endgame stuff like everything else
>>
>>151830557
>which is the reason we don't jump ship to God Eater or Phantasy Star or whatever the fuck else
Do you really need to "jump ship" to play these games?
>>
>>151830575
Arena quests with single but really fucking powerful monsters. Grinding for gear just to grind for gear is cancer, endgame should be targets for this gear to show your skill upon.
>>
>>151830359
There were two optimal endgame weapons for every weapon class at best, UNTIL you got relic drops. And you can hunt a specific skin.

Do you see my point now?
>>
>>151830625
>Rajang FOE
>can randomly do multi-target bash attack
>or lethal lightning attack on the entire party
F U N
>>
>>151830573
lmao no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqj_1YfRioI
>>
>>151830726
This sounds good. Maybe make it so that you can't craft any gear out of these bosses too, but let them drop stuff like pale extracts, dash extracts, the endgame consumables that people use to speedrun.
>>
>>151830347
With three other hunters it's rarely a "race", unless the others are retarded.
If a monster re-apexes more than once something's gone pretty wrong.
It's not so much a thrill as it's a rush to exploit the monster as quickly as possible to get it out of its bullshit state.
Solo it's goddamn terrifying. First de-apex is fine, second might work out, with your secondary stone, but if the fight lasts longer than that you're probably fucked.

They should've just upped the health/damage/defense modifiers for the higher monsters.
It'd lengthen the fight, making some monsters vastly more dangerous. Things like Blos or Ape just melt. They do serious damage, but rarely get the opportunity.
It'd also reduce the amount of trips and easy openings and keep the dangerous high damage.
Oh, and it wouldn't fuck over any elemental weapon something fierce.

I really hesitate to use this term, but Apex feels like artificial difficulty to me. Dramatically changing the way you fight for the worse. Seriously, if I compare Apex 140s to the Event Brach/Stiggy/Ivory from 3U, Apex feels like a lazy attempt at making things harder.
>>
>>151830697
>Deviants are garbage
>Hyper Monsters are garbage
>Apex Monsters are garbage
>Relics are good
ftfy
There's literally nothing wrong with the relics. In Gen, when you've crafted Hellblade weapon and the silver hyabusa meme set you're done, the game is over.
Relics give you some incentive to continue hunting the hardest monsters in the game. Not only relics offer upgrade over craftable weapons in stats, they also let you choose the skin for that weapon. And let's not forget relic armor too.
>>
>implying nargacuga medullas really exist
>>
>>151830810
They should have gear the same type as current black belt - cosmetic, on the same level as actual endgame weapons but not excedd them, basically status gear "see i beat these shits, am i cool"
>>
>>151830801
>terribly mixed
>completely thinned out orchestral soundtrack
>VST choir

Yeah no, this soundtrack is garbage.
I feel sorry for you that you can't actually tell how terrible this is
>>
>>151830636
Which one?
>>
>>151830727
yeah and the only one worth using was gs because apex mechanics made everything else pointless
>>
>>151830575
Four tiers one you get past Low-Rank:

- First is normal High-Rank, pretty much as-is in MHG
- Second is High Rank, but with Arena rules; armor, skills, and items are predetermined per weapon type (but every weapon type is represented). You keep your outside gear cosmetically.
- Third is High-Rank, your armor, weapons, and items, but all armor skills are disabled.
- Fourth is same as the second, but the predetermined armor skills are all negative, and the only items you start with are all five Combo Books - you have to forage and combine everything you want to use in the hunt. You keep your outside gear cosmetically.
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 800x800px
>>151830575
>Deviants
>with relic grind
>at lvl X, get to choose what weapon bias drops
>maps cycle (like the three or so during the grind to lvl X) adding variety and varying comfort levels
>so essentially you choose your monster, your bias and to an extent your map, so it's not all Rajang on flat maps only
>some sort of relic trade-in system, possibly like talisman melding
>as well as skin importing
>so that perfect relic with a shitty skin can change into your desired skin after trading in a large amount of those relic skins.

There I fixed monster hunter and made the relic grind slightly less grindy.
>>
>>151830956
GS, Duals, HBG.
Gun was king at removing Apex, though getting oneshot by half the attacks is pretty harrowing.
Status Duals were hilariously overpowered.
GS is GS.
>>
>>151830930
lmao no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdXcOv9pCNI
>>
>>151830618
>>151830679
His wife left him as far as I know.
>>
>>151828936
Why would you care about minor things like that? Editing charms is still tolerable, because the process of getting them doesn't make you 'git gud'. As long as you don't edit armor/weapons, everything is okay.
>>
>>151830689
>>
>>151830862
>In Gen, when you've crafted Hellblade weapon and the silver hyabusa meme set you're done, the game is over.
t. 4u babby

some people actually enjoy the hunting part of the game
>>
>>151831085
>Getting oneshot by half the attacks
>half the attacks
Gunners with ~450 defense would die to trample damage. You needed nearly 530 to not get OHKO'd by Garuga's insta-charge, and that's not even technically an attack.
>>
>>151831234
Damn, so he's the reason it got translated.
>>
>>151830067
>French translation
not canon
>>
>>151831240
Unless it's the best weapon with the best armor it's obviously not worth using or making.

Some people really think like that.
>>
>>151831341
Yeah, and petitions are the reason PC gamers are getting games.

Oh wait
>>
File: Gaijinhunter.png (62KB, 161x191px) Image search: [Google]
Gaijinhunter.png
62KB, 161x191px
>>151831234
>>
>>151831306
Eh, when not frenzied or apex you could take one hit or so.
Pickle's shockwave from the stomp, a thrown rock from Basarios (not the charge, which has killed me way, way too often).
Also
>fighting 140 Garuga
For what purpose?
And the charge deals more damage than any of his attacks. Still does.

Fuck Garuga.
>>
If I make a set with elemental and the amatsu LBG that rapid fires all elements except dragon will that be a good all rounder set? I use almost all of the weapons so my equipment pages are getting clogged with sets for weapons and then specialized sets for the styles. I just really don't want to go make 5 different element atk up sets for 5 different LBGs. I've got so much shit already that I sometimes need to sell items and equipment from my box and that thing has 14 pages.
>>
>>151830956
GS was reliant on good crowd control and amor skill stacking. Feel free to bring 4x GS to Apex Zinogre, Diablos, Tigrex, or even Seregios and tell me how smoothe your hunt goes.

Yes, GS was great for Rajang. And unless you were hunting with nerds that auto kicked if you didn't bring GS, then every weapon was viable against Rajang.
>>
>>151831206
editing armor and weapons would pretty much ruin the entire point of the games
>>
>>151826991
>expecting a plebbitor gamurr to not be a beta cuck
>thinks beard is not a sign of a faggot
>>
>>151831525
>then every weapon was viable against Rajang
Hammer was here, 4U hated my guts.

Bringing impact against Rajang is like punching yourself in the ball. 50% KO damage to the head, cutting weapons deal more damage everywhere, arms always in the goddamn way.

HH probably got shafted even harder, but nobody seems to care about it.
>>
>>151831525
>Apex Zinogre, Diablos, Tigrex, or even Seregios
Did those hunts with /mhg/ and the hardest one among those ones is tiggy because he will waste everyone's wystone from constantly running and ziggy doing his backflips out of nowhere causing random carts
>>
>>151825780
How do I get good with DS/DB?
>>
>>151831506
Make a standardized elemental set, and then just swap the charm out when you swap from weapon to weapon.

I'm running Elemental Attack Up, Bonus Shot, and have enough spare slots that with a good [Element] Attack charm I can fit any of the 5 elements onto it. EAU+BS+E+2 is about as good as you'll get without a god charm, and the EAU+BS set is an easy template to make.

Short list of "best" elemental guns:
Thunder: Thunderclaw (TL Zinogre) [or Astalos Shocker]
Fire: Dreadking's Bane [or Rathling Phoenix]
Ice: Icesteel Hornet, but it doesn't matter since Stonefist is the ONLY target in the game where Freeze S is relevant to my knowledge
Water: Nifl Mist (Tama/Mizu)
Dragon: Doomgun "Dementia" / Diregun "Dementia"

Things get more complicated when you add internal ammo into the mix, but that's probably not necessary for you to know since you're not a hardcore LBG main.
>>
>>151831240
t. Gen babby

I've been enjoying the hunting part of the game for years. Fighting the same all monster over and over again isn't rewarding enough to put more hours into the game after I've "beaten" it, if there are no more substantial rewards.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 175x112px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 175x112px
>>151831080
YES. FUND IT
>>
>>151831772
SPIN
WIN
>>
>>151831772
Press buttons.

Learn how to manage stamina/archdemon gauge. Remember that stamina won't start rising until you've stopped attacking after it runs out, keep an eye on just much stamina you have left and try to keep enough for at least one dodge. Evade+ skills don't work for the dashes, IIRC.
Don't spam the demon dance, you can press start (assuming start is your 'special attack' button) to spin2win even when demonized. Spinning is great as a whole.
With adept you turn into a blender. An immortal blender.
>>
>>151831820
>Relics were good because it wasn't fighting the same monster over and over again
What
the
fuck
did
I
just
read?
>>
>>151831949
Clearly what you just read wasn't the entire post you're replying to.
>>
>>151832036
The teensy tiny chance at a decent relic counts as a "substantial reward" to you?
>>
>>151831664
Hammer was inherently disruptive, but ace on fights like Teostra. The KO is clutch. It really is up to the user to be aware of other hunters and got upswing hitbox, and hammer attracted people who just wanted to bash heads and yell at people for not giving them space. Which was stupid, because that hitzone was almost always best for dps...which other weapons often did better.

But your point about hammers and Rajang: I often brought HH when a hammer user was present and marveled at the inevitable KO. With the amount of trapping/paralyzing/toppling that was constant with Rajang, it was easy.

But I did hunt him 1000x so there's that.
>>
File: 1470709420659.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1470709420659.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
>playing online
>some db faggot with an edgy name who keeps tripping 3 people on my squad
>he shouts 10 TH DEMON GATE... OPEN!!!! when he uses wolfs maw

lol demon faggots
>>
>>151831664
HH has a pretty small following, but it's also really vocal.
t. hhfag
>>
>>151832103
Only the "perfect" relics have a teensy tiny chance. Decent relics that are straight upgrades over the best crafted weapon types were not uncommon. And it's still infinitely better than 0% chance of obtaining something better than you currently have in a game limited to crafted equipment only.
>>
>>151832184
I don't know about vocal, but they're definitely musical ~~~
>>
>>151831815
Best thunder is Parasol for RF pierce 2 and Khezu for general thunder shots.

Rathling phoenix is ok until hyper metal raths gets released, then it's inferior to both silver semi-auto and prosperity

Daora is a good gun, but Zamtrios is also an option because it can RF both ice pierce 1 and 2. Also, najarala and teo takes decent ice damage.
>>
>>151832278
Why Khezu over the Arm Cannon? What about Freeze S?
>>
>>151831815
For Elemental Pierce guns:
Thunder: Elegant Parasol
Fire: Gold/Silver Semi-Auto
Ice: Jawbreaker
Water: Nebula Storm
Dragon ammo is severely limited, and is really only supplementary to whatever else your gun has.
>>
>>151832242
>not singing while doing your toot toots
scrub detected
>>
>>151832162
It was literally only good on Teo.
On every other 140 it was basically dead weight.
Monsters were too fast, hits would hit the arms, the neck or anything but the head for no good reason and fucking elevation. Hammer did not have a good time in 4U.
The fact that you talk about a single KO in a fight with two impact users and trap/para/topple spam just illustrates how bad it had it. At least in Gen it got some glory back.
The amount of HH users in 4U that I've seen can probably be counted on one hand and I don't think I've seen more than two in a 140 quest ever.
>>
>>151832213
>People are unironically claiming the relic system wasn't complete shit
Jesus christ people have such short memories.

>>151832278
>Khezu for general thunder shots
No.
>Silver Semi-Auto and Prosperity
I remember looking at those and being disparaged by their recoil on rapid fire shots. I suppose RF P.Flaming might be decent on Chameleos, but often with Flaming S you want pin-point targeting, such as on Hermitaur or Ceanataur.

>>151832329
I'd argue that Nifl Mist is the better P.Water gun, since it loads a healthy amount of P.Water 1 and 2 as well as both other water shots.

Jawbreaker is irrelevant because the monsters that are weak to ice aren't weak to elemental damage enough for you to bother (as far as I'm aware).

Dragon ammo is sufficient for you to clear any dragon weak monster that isn't a massive HP sponge. 13 shots on rapid fire and 5 internal shots goes a surprisingly long way.
>>
>>151832103
It was still that chance of "better than craftable" that made it appealing. Max raw DBs with paralysis and slots, and 40 purple after S+1?

You know all those TAs where people are all like "this weapons kill times beats that weapon's."? You know that relic weapons weren't allowed and that perfect relic weapons could be a 10-15% increase in dps? Especially if if had slots or freed up an armor a lot thanks to relic jewels.

It's just nice.
>>
>>151832487
>I'd argue that Nifl Mist is the better P.Water gun, since it loads a healthy amount of P.Water 1 and 2 as well as both other water shots
As someone who did a decent chunk of Crystalbeards yesterday, I'm gonna have to disagree, at least in terms of pure water damage.
Because RF W Pierce 2 is bonkers, even with the awful, awful wait time.
>>
Where are the rooms at?
>>
>>151832329
What are the ones for rapid S shots?
>>
>we clearly want to cut the tail
>switchaxe guy in party only goes for the head, never attacks the tail

???
>>
>>151832487
I've listed multiple pros relics had in my posts. All you do is posting your shitty opinions, trying to fit in with the other kids who only want instant gratification in their games. And faced with a chance of obtaining something they want less than 100% throw a tantrum and call it "RNG bullshit".
>>
>>151832741
maybe he had a impact phial to stun it?
three people on the tail should be enough.
>>
>>151832741
This is the problem with the WE/Crit Boost combo being as good as it is. If you attack anything other than the weakspot, you're wasting 2 armor skills.
>>
>>151832850
Yeah, too bad it was 3 people on the head and only me on the tail
>>
File: 1463124989364.png (359KB, 792x540px) Image search: [Google]
1463124989364.png
359KB, 792x540px
>tfw finally made hellblade armor
>tfw have to upgrade it to lvl6 to make it useful

I've never felt so heartbroken playing mon-hun
>>
>>151832589
Nifl Mist has a larger overall capacity to deal Water damage, and deals it more reliably.

In niche cases where you have a monster that's elementally weak all over its body, like Agna or Ura, Nebula Storm will do more damage in a vaccuum. It's really hard to make an argument for a moderate increase in DPS and a massive tradeoff in usability.

Nebula Storm has good status shots as well, I guess.
>>
>>151832741
my deeps
my kill time
etc

Monster Hunter turns into a shit game real fast when people start treating it like an MMO and worrying about "optimization" and "progression"
>>
>>151832213
agreed, sounds like other dude is just being nitpicky as fuck.
>m-muh old gens!
i feel deviants (without the level shit) and relics are great.
hybrid when?

>>151832487
only the armor skills and apex monsters were shit
most just hunted armor for fashion though
the weapon themselves were better than crafted 99% of the time. added customization isn't a bad thing. you're just being a dumbshit.

>>151832629
when you stop being lazy and make one

>>151832741
if you had 3 others, then i dont see the problem

>>151832850
>impact phial
gross

>>151832828
he just wants those (You)s
>>
>>151832301
Arm Cannon only has thunder pierce 2 for internal

Khezu has both thunder pierce 2 and 1, with more bullets.

>>151832487
Khezu is better than both zin and astalos gun

rf thunder 1, good thunder pierce 2 and 1 internal clip.

Both Thunderlord and normal Zin only have thunder pierce 2, worthless.

Astalos have thunder pierce 2 and thunder 2, and thunder 2 is worse than thunder pierce 1.

Also, Rapid Fire does not run on recoil, it runs on Wait, so recoil on the silver rath gun doesn't matter, and you can attach the silencer on Prosperity for it to shoot fire pierce with no recoil
>>
File: 1452921710324.jpg (26KB, 320x305px) Image search: [Google]
1452921710324.jpg
26KB, 320x305px
>Fighting Teostra solo
>Instant charge while I'm whaling on it's leg
IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!
>>
>>151832942
But you use Parasol for thunder pierce on larger targets. What LBG would you use for smaller enemies with less thunder hitzones?
>>
>>151832949
>a great elder dragon with mastery of fire element
>his most threatening attack is gently bumping into you
>>
>>151832949
Stay on the sides of his cute tummy
>>
>>151832828
Listen honey bunchkin, I dislike relics because they were an ethereal goal in a game that didn't need them, and they made the end-game incredibly boring as it became "rape ape in the least shitty randomly generated map you can find".

Once upon a time, Rajang was a cool monster to me. Now it's a meat sack with a low probably to give me something that's barely usable over my current weapon.

Deviants give me a clear goal and a definitive direction. Relics are just a gamble.
>>
>>151832741
>we clearly want to cut the tail
But did you say you want? Or was he supposed to read your mind?
>>
>>151832487
>relic system is shit
I will argue that it's better than the "deliver 1 coal at a time" endgame and super brief deviant grind. The option was just neat.

The payout was always small. Or sometimes it was huge. RNG is always a flawed system, but having it in the game did wonders for fashion hunting and min/max hunters. It also compelled people to hunt the same tough monsters over and over again, making them learn the fight. At a point that carries over into how you approach other fights. And I can guarantee you it made Rajang a joke in Gen for many (although his HR iteration always had waaaay fewer openings than Apex).
>>
>>151832741
Switchaxes aren't on tail duty you fucking cuck. Don't tell the strongest weapon in the game what to do.
>>
>>151832898
That armor isn't useful even at level 10. Heavy polish isn't all that great, divine blessing is meh, and there aren't many weapons that get a huge benefit from S+2. If you like the looks then go for it anyway. I use drilltusk armor with charge blades just because it looks good.
>>
Mushroom Hunter Generations
>>
>>151833178
Rathalos Hunter Generations
>>
>>151833173
Thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>151832898
upgrading is pretty easy for the armor, they have no fucking requirements for material besides the tickets, so kill it 3 times per each rank and you'll have enough for the full set upgrades and a weapon
its what i did for grimclaw and grimclaw hammer, the best set for hammers in a longtime without being a clownsuitin peasant
>>
>>151830937
Dreadking Rathalos of course
>>
>>151833016
ALL the notable monsters that are weak to thunder have long skeletons for pierce, the Raths, Jho, Tiggy, Narga, Steve, Kush...

Khezu is the safer option for solo because it has more bullets and it doesn't lock you into place with RF like Parasol.

Parasol is still insanely good for cheesing thunder weak monsters, no doubt about that.
>>
>>151833129
Combine both.

I posted this, and I'm not sure I can find a flaw

>>151831080
u rike
>>
>>151832881
Play with friends and say you need tail if anyone minds helping/ doing it
that's if you had any tho :^)
>>
>>151833254
Hellblade set is different because it requires 5 Powders.
>>
>>151833254
What? Did you just say Grimclaw is the best set for hammers?
>>
>>151832942
What you're saying makes no sense to me. The whole point of using the Khezu and Astalos guns over Angelic Parasol is for smaller monsters with few/one thunder weakspots. Which means you dont really need or want a gun based around thunder pierce 2. Astalos has a larger magazine than Khezu for thunder rapid S, the same magazine for Pierce Thunder S1. It has slightly worse recoil but thats not important with rapid.
>>
>>151832936
>only the armor skills and apex monsters were shit
Both were fine.
>Most just hunted armour for fashion
Bullshit
>Better than crafted 99% of the time
Bullshit
>Added customization
That is not customization

>>151832942
>Khezu is better than both TL Zin and Astalos
I just checked, and yes I agree that the Khezu gun is better than the Astalos gun. However, the TL Zin gun is better on targets that aren't susceptible to P.Thunder, and Elegant Parasol is better on targets that are. Khezu is outclassed in both cases, and is only nichely good when you need a gun that handles both, which is... never, since Elegant Parasol is a competent Thunder S lvl 1 gun as well.

>TL has thunder pierce 2
It does not. It is not a P.Thunder gun.

>RF runs on Wait, not recoil
Splitting hairs. The "wait" on the metal rath guns for Flaming Lvl 1 makes them worse than Dreadking's Bane. They can RF P.Fire, which *might* give them a use.
>>
>>151833375
If not Grimclaw, then what is the best set (deviant or otherwise) for hammer?
>>
>>151833129
>they were an ethereal goal in a game that didn't need them
YOU didn't need them. But nobody forced you to do GQs. It's post-game. There's nothing to use perfect relics on other than more GQs. You could've just shelf the game after getting the best crafted gear, just like you will with Gen. Except 4U added an OPTION for people who wanted to prolong the game's lifespan. And relics did this job well.
Apex and semi-randomized forest, which could've resulted in very shitty map layouts, are a different story. But relic gear, as a concept, was great.
For example, imagine a randomized (hyper and or deviant) monster hunt-a-thon in MHX which rewards randomized relic weapons. It gives you motivation to hunt, it offers more core gameplay, and it isn't focused on grinding the same monster for the best possible rewards.
>>
Do you have to do the arts unlock quests in order?

Or can you unlock, say [art] III after only having the I version of it and skipping II?
>>
>>151833462
Either mix or Dreadking.
How the fuck did you even consider a set with Crit Draw as "best for hammer"? Other than HGE it's not very hammer-like at all.
I mean, you can do things with it, but it's more silly than anything.
>>
>>151833169
>Brief Deviant grind
5 hours to make a full set of Deviant gear. 12 Deviants in total. Minimum of 60 hours of hunting just to make the armour sets, completely ignoring the weapons and time spent actually using the armour to hunt other things.

>charm farming exploit is endgame content
u wot m9 ?
>>
>>151833507
You don't have to unlock I or II before III.
>>
>>151833375
partbreaker crit draw and hg earplugs are fucking great for free headsmashing fun. im exaggerating but it looks fucking amazing and its set bonuses are great for hammers. speed eatings nice for life powdering when your friend is about to get shit on too. im sure theirs some clown suit thats far better or some peasant tier ugly low armor value, low rarity set that looks like ass thats good for hammers too.
but its fashion and skills make it the best fuck you nerd fight me
>>
wudda gud full set for hbg???
>>
>>151832629
Check discord. /mhg/ is for shitposting, if you want to hunt, go to discord.
>>
>>151833254
Dreadking shits on Grimclaw. HGE, weakness exploit, wind resist high, and attack up L. Dreadking shits on a lot of things. It feels like they made most of the armor shit on purpose just so they can keep forcing raths on us. Dreadking set looks like shit, too. It's just normal rathalos armor with an edgelord flame design cape attached to it.
>>
>>151833391
>>151833423
My reasoning is here >>151833278

What monsters are there that's even worth using normal thunder on rather than pierce thunder anyway?
>>
>>151833465
Shame that the normal G Rank quests in 4U were fucking garbage as a trade-off.
>>
File: mh5 nx.jpg (2MB, 3412x1608px) Image search: [Google]
mh5 nx.jpg
2MB, 3412x1608px
MH5/5TH GEN GAMES IDEAS GO

>theme is dynamic environment
>open world
>day night cycle of course
>weathers that include snowstorm and heavy rain
>environment hazards like thunder and avalanche
>snow and mud slowing you down, slippery wet rocks and ice, etc.
>monsters digging will change the ground, can break down tress, etc.
>mounts
>mounted combat
>caravan that go with you into the wild along with some stamina limit system
>large docile herbivores that are actually tough
>story AI hunters
>ancient powered armor
>vengeance system, certain tough monsters can run away and will always prey after you in future hunts
>random NPC hunters you can help in the wild
>>
File: 1471161034921.jpg (119KB, 839x835px) Image search: [Google]
1471161034921.jpg
119KB, 839x835px
>Out of Flashbombs and it's been 30 minutes since Silver Rathalos has touched the ground for more than 10 seconds
>Lands
>Turns around
>Immediately goes into the air again

Fuck this garbage Monste. All iterations of it. I'm done. Fuck honor, i'm done ever soloing a Rathalos again, unless it's village. It's not fun, it's just boring and obnoxious. It's not even hard. It's just a gigantic pile of garbage and a waste of my time
>>
>>151833278
Long skeletons =/= good thunder hitzones
>>
>>151833542
>MIX
clown suiter detected. everything you say from here on in is invalid.
also partbreaker is fucking 20/10 for hammers, and crit draw is pretty damn good for hammers to put hammer away and book it to head for free 100% affinity.
if you don't believe crit draw is great on hammer you're retarded
>>
>>151833578
>full set
Akantor seems okay.
Why not just grab Athena's ASS, though?
>>
>>151833578
Akantor R.
>>
File: 1423964790407.png (411KB, 387x876px) Image search: [Google]
1423964790407.png
411KB, 387x876px
>>151833581
>if you want to hunt, go to discord.
>still no linux build
>>
>>151833629
>>open world
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>151833550
>5 hours to make a full set of Deviant gear. 12 Deviants in total. Minimum of 60 hours of hunting just to make the armour sets
But only one and a half deviant sets are worth using.
>completely ignoring the weapons
You can make the weapons with the surplus tickets you get from making an armor set. You get 2 tickets per quest, 1 ticket per armor piece, so 3 quests for a full set, 1 extra ticket for the weapon.
>time spent actually using the armour to hunt other things.
What things? There's no endgame after that.
>>
>>151833629
Why the fuck are you doing this?
What's the point of posting your fucking ideas on some chinese cartoon board on the internet? Why are you wasting your time with this? Noone who matters will ever read it. MH5 is going to be MH5 no matter whether you post this garbage or not. So why are you wasting your time. Just why?

And now you wasted my fucking time too, because you triggered me with your trash.
>>
>>151833629
>MH5
>The world is procedurally generated
All right, guys. Have fun with the rest of the ideas.
>>
>all generations thus far have included three games
>MH, MHG, MHF
>MH2, MHF2, MHFU
>MHTri, MHP3rd, MH3U
>MH4, MH4U, MHGen
Why exactly do some people still believe that there will be an ultimate version of Generations?
>>
>>151833631
your own fault for not using glaive
>>151833687
use wine or something
also marm a shit
>>
>>151833610
Bulldrome, Hermitaur, MAYBE Seregios.
>>
>>151833590
its so fucking ugly and attack up l is hyped too much, plus i've faught enough rath in my life to farm dreadking for a slightly better then grimclaw suit that looks far uglier
>>
>>151833465
>You could've just shelved the game after getting the best crafted gear, just like you will with Gen
Gen is going to be the first MH game I complete to 100%, including obtaining all gold crowns.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm enjoying playing MHGen, especially since I can *complete* an end-game set. I'm not shackled to one weapon type that's good against Monkey for all eternity.
>>
>>151833621
They're pretty much the same as quests on LR/HR, just with tougher monsters and new movesets. Did you expect something drastically different from G-rank quests compared to their HR counterparts?
>>
>>151833662
Weakness Exploit is considered top-tier for hammer.

I'd posit that Crit Draw is good for taking advantage of small openings (roars/recovery animations/staggers), while Weakness Exploit helps maximize damage when the monster is downed/trapped/KO'd/paralyzed (which is where most of your damage comes from anyway).
>>
>>151833730
His ideas are stupid, but what the fuck is wrong with talking about a video game in the general for that video game?

It's the same as talking about pokemon types you'd like to see in the future, or what you want the next TES game to have etc.

You seem very autistic
>>
>>151833423
>inflated hp and with bounce mechanics
at least deviants actually changed the moves and fight a bit
>bullshit
but its true? just because you say people didn't, doesn't make it true. literally everyone hunter Rebellion for the looks.
>bullshit
see >>151832534
it want uncommon to get better relic weapons, not even counting minmaxing stats
>That is not customization
changing the way something looked isn't customization? including different stats and skills?
that's literally what customization is.
>literally talking out your ass the whole argument
it's clear you didn't play 4U
kindly fuck off
>>
>>151833761
Retarded /v/ kids and their denial. It's really obvious capcom doesn't want meme rank in Gen, and won't be making another MH game for 3ds when NX will be out soon
>>
File: image.gif (555KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
555KB, 300x300px
>Oh hey, this armor looks neat!
>SKILLS: DIE FASTER LMAO
>Scroll to Rath Armor
>SKILLS: GOD OF DESTRUCTION, GOD OF DEATH, UNKILLABLE, BIG DICK

Gettin really fucking tired of all the Rath dick sucking, even to the point of making all other armors shit, just to force people to make Rath armor
>>
>>151833662
>and crit draw is pretty damn good for hammers to put hammer away and book it to head for free 100% affinity.
You have to be baiting here, nobody can be this bad at hammer.
Draw attack has a MV of 20.
The only, niche, use of Crit Draw is drawing into a charge and work with that, but it's slow and unwieldy.
Partbreaker is okay, but hardly worth going out of your way for.

>>151833823
I wanted more marathons and multi-monster quests, like in FU, P3rd and 3U. All I got were quests with one monster.
>>
>>151833507
Nope, you can skip. I had a I and III or something.
>>
>>151833774
So two easy as shit monsters and one who moves fast enough that you can't reliably aim for its thunder weakpoints anyway.

Also, Stonefist is big enough for thunder pierce to procs most shots off.
>>
>>151833831
How is talking about new concepts you came up with that haven't been in the video game series, and aren't applied to any game in the series whatsoever "talking about the video game?" it's just fan fiction. There is no talk about the video game here. Video games exist, and what content they have is already predetermined the moment they finish development. What's the point of talking about something that isn't actually part of the game? That's not talking about the game. That's just writing random garbage.
>>
>>151833629
>open world
>snowstorms
>environment hazards
>slow down enviro shit
>mounts and mounted combat
>stamina limit system
>story ai hunters
>powered armor
>monsters can run away
>random hunters help you
Holy fuck you're retarded and should never become a game developer, all of this trash would ruin the game.
>>
>>151833610
>What monsters are there that's even worth using normal thunder on rather than pierce thunder anyway?
Hermitaur
Mizutsune
Duramboros
Nargacuga
Silverwind Nargacuga
Dreadqueen Rathian
Gold Rathian
Dreadking Rathalos
Seregios
Ukanlos
>>
>>151833930
It's so dumb that Punishing Draw doesn't work for Hammer too
>>
File: 1466013856023.jpg (73KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1466013856023.jpg
73KB, 604x453px
I just want MH3U for the 3ds...when will it be on sale again?
Never played it but I played Tri and it was better than any of these games with shitty frenzy-like gimmicks.

Why do I live in Europe?
>>
>>151833662
Partbreaker isn't a great skill. You're destroying weak points faster without dealing more damage to the monster, so you're guaranteeing wing breaks/horn breaks but increasing your overall kill time.
>>
>>151833930
Meh, honestly, I don't see much differences between a single monster and a multi-monster hunt.
Only event quests with huge/tiny monsters are distinctly different from the regular ones.
>>
>>151833869
t. i don't know anything about why monster hunter is on handheld in the first place kill me i'm retarded and have to spout garbage in this general
>>
>>151834026
Yep, you are legitimately the most autistic person on all of 4chan at this moment.
>>
>>151834070
You can download it for free, you know?
>>
>>151833423
>Nuh uh, nuh uh, nuh uh!
The post.

You must be 18+ to use 4chan.
>>
>>151833542
I use a clown suit for HGE and Weakness Exploit. Wish I could find room for Crit Up.
>>
>>151833835
>It wasn't uncommon to get better relics
As someone that spent over 500 hours playing 4U's endgame, yeah no it was a fucking tiny chance to get a better relic weapon.
>How is that not customization?
Because you have no control over it.

>It's clear you didn't play 4U
See above
>>
>>151834121
t. i can't say anything in response and memespout instead
fuck off back to /v/ kiddo
>>
>>151834032
Nearly everything on that list lends itself to multiple weakzones that are made for thunder pierce. Pierce through the wings or through the head and spine is going to be higher than rapid S for the raths.
>>
>>151834173
>Reason equals Autism

Tell me more
>>
>>151834075
>kill time
oooh now i get it you're all the muh deeps types and killing a monster 2 minutes faster is all that matters to you, instead of looking good, having fun instead of worrying about setting some dumbass record for speed kills and still having a half decent set to /fa/ it up with your friends, but you probably don't have those
>>
>>151834026
jesus christ dude, it's just a bit of fun
>>
>>151833761
People are bad at pattern recognition, especially when the thing that they want to happen is not part of that pattern.
>>
>>151833550
I don't know about you, but leveling past lvl 6 is unnecessary unless you really need the defense padding. I managed to get DreadKing armor to level 8-9, and I have never posted the quest or sought a DK room. So I wouldn't call it a 6 hour grind. Even so, 6 hours in MH is nothing.

MH turns rooms tend to reward you for hunting, even when you're just posting to unlock some random shit.
>>
>>151833930
>Draw attack has a MV of 20.
I'm a different anon and I do not advocate crit draw on a hammer, but drawing into a charge causes your charged attacks to have 100% crit chance. Yes, all of them.

Unless they've changed it since 3U.
>>
>>151834032
>Hermitaur

Big enough for pierce to outdamage thunder 2.

>Duramboros
Weak to fire.

>Mizutsune
>Nargacuga
>Silverwind Nargacuga
>Dreadqueen Rathian
>Gold Rathian
>Dreadking Rathalos
>Seregios
>Ukanlos

ALL of these are perfect for pierce, you moron.
>>
>>151833835
>at least deviants actually changed the moves and fight a bit
>implying non-apex Rajang had a mountain throw out of a failed grab
>implying non-apex Jho had a ranged shockwave stomp
>implying non-apex Zinogre had tracking deathball bugs
I could go on but don't imply that deviants are anything but rebranded apex monsters without bouncing.
>>
>>151834278
>fun
>those retarded suggestions
just get away from monster hunter. and next time when you have retarded thoughts like these, for any game, don't bring them up.
>>
>random joins my lonely drilltusk hall
>hr22
>spams akantor plz over and over
>post agnaktor
>he falls for it
>we depart
>disconnects as soon as he sees agnaktor
>>
>>151834254
Do whatever you want dude, just stop shitposting false information. I could give 2 cunts less how you play the game.
>>
>>151834254
Lets break down how this argument went through our sponsored replay.

>Guys these skills are amazing for hammer!
>No they arent, nobody plays hammer like a greatsword and partbreaker is completely unnecessary plus you'll have worse kill times.
>Well at least im having FUN ITS JUST A GAME MAN CHILL
>>
File: 1413983630911.jpg (608KB, 1742x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1413983630911.jpg
608KB, 1742x1244px
>>151834029
Nothing new in the industry

Toukiden 2 did open world hunting
MHO did snowstorms and avalanches
MHO did slow down mud status
Mounts depending on implementation can be new
Caravan stamina limit is for realism and many games do this
Story AI hunters are in MHO and Frontier
Powered armors in nothing fancy in MH lore
Monsters can run away is from 2nd gen true elder dragons
Random hunters you can help is from Toukiden 2
>>
So previous thread said ele LBG doesn't benefit at all from crit. Is it true? Why?

Is there any other weapons that are affected weirdly by crit in this way?
>>
>New UDON-YA MH has been scanned already
The chinks and gooks sure work fast
>>
>>151834381
He probably ended up powersaving
>>
>>151833687
>not phone posting on discord

There's an app for that
>>
>>151834467
too bad it's shit
>>
File: 1466866252185.jpg (54KB, 622x621px) Image search: [Google]
1466866252185.jpg
54KB, 622x621px
>>151834415
>MHO did slow down mud status
>>
>>151834467
Literally nothing, the sequel.
>>
>>151834207
No I can't. My n3ds XL has version 11+ of the firmware. I do have my o3ds cracked but playing MH with not even the nub and with a smaller screen sucks.

Shit sucks.
>>
>>151834415
>wanting this game to be like otukiden 2 and mho, 2 garbage games
>wanting mounts when you're supposed to be killing goddamned monsters
>somehow bringing powered armors back from the past when its known that making them is not possible anymore, and all they are anyways is armor that makes you stronger which effects do anyways
bite the bullet please.
>>
>>151834232
>Nearly everything on that list lends itself to multiple weakzones that are made for thunder pierce
Oh, is that so? We must be looking at a very different Seregios, one that doesn't take 2.5x more thunder damage to the face than to the belly.

Ukanlos is the biggest contender for "better target for P.Thunder", but I prefer being able to stagger lock it with shots to the wrist.

>>151834340
>Hermitaur
Trick question, you actually use Flaming S on Hermitaur.

>Duramboros is weak to fire
His horns say otherwise.

>ALL of these are perfect for Pierce
Look at their hitzones and tell me that again. Mizu's claws take TRIPLE the thunder damage that most of the rest of its body takes.

Just because a monster has a body type that's conducive to Pierce does NOT mean they are weak to it. Hitzones are important, friendo.
>>
>>151834458
Are you a genbabby?

Crit never affects element unless you're using Crit Element.
>>
>>151834507
Not the same snowman status.
>>
>>151833581
How about, no?
>>
>>151833673
cus I don't know the skills I need nigga!
>>
Is it true that lances use both cutting and impact on a given monster part and use whatever is resisted less?

How does this affect part breaking?
Say a tail takes more damage from impact(blunt) than cutting, does the lance use impact but can it still cut the tail?
>>
>>151834328
Including the golfswing finisher? That actually sounds fun.
>>
File: 1459721347935.gif (691KB, 255x209px) Image search: [Google]
1459721347935.gif
691KB, 255x209px
>>151834531
>>151834496
>tfw no Akantor
Fuck it
>>
>>151834723
The Hammer prefers not to sheathe after every attack. Just run Weakness Exploiter.
>>
>>151834583
>His horns say otherwise.

They take equal damage. Why would you take thunder for him just for that one spot when you could potentially lose damage if even one of your rapid shots missed that weakspot and say hit his face/body? The only argument you'll have is "HURR >MISSING"
>>
>>151833629
Deviants and relics return.
No deviant/GQ "levels" though.

>>151834224
Try 1.5k+ hours
It was incredibly easy getting a better GS or DB weapon, can't say the same for the BS stacked against Bowguns though. Max stats is a different story.

Customization is customization.
>Because you have no control over it.
Left monster = X skin isn't hard. Only stats varied.

Where's your argument continuation to saying people don't hunt for fashion or apex monsters were actually "good"?

>>151834345
Can't deny deviants actually add more though.
>>
>>151834583
I'd rather proc my rapid fire pierce 2 shots 15 times against the various 10 and 15 zones than aim for a 35 zone that you could never hit.

And if you bring a thunder gun instead of fire against duram then you're fucking retarded.
>>
File: img_transcend01.png (2MB, 1280x1035px) Image search: [Google]
img_transcend01.png
2MB, 1280x1035px
>>151834558
Or Dragon's Dogma, if you're that insecure
Mounts because open world
Mounted combat is probably too much outside of couple of basic attacks
Ancient techs being brought back is already done in Frontier
>>
Can we talk about AuL real quick?

It's a flat +20 to raw attack. For reference, this is slightly more than the +15 you get from a Powercharm and a Powertalon combined.

Let's say your weapon has 200 raw attack before any boosts/modifiers. AuL is like a 10% boost to your DPS. In a group of 4 hunters, this only improves your kill time by 2.5%.

Why do people talk about AuL like it's a mandatory skill?

Why is DPS emphasized so heavily when there are plenty of situational/utility/weapon-dependent armor skills that are worth having?
>>
>>151833761
They are refusing to acknowledge that Gen is part of the 4th gen lineup. They did for the longest time before localization happened, when the subsimians were CONVINCED that they were waiting to spring a G version before revealing the localization like they did with 4. They weren't convinced of the obvious truth then, nothing you say will these days.
>>
>>151834923
>>151834813
>Missing hitzones
>>
>>151834627
Then do some research instead of wasting time, money, and materials on a set that may not be that good compared to what a mixset can offer you.
>>
>>151834937
i feel earplugs are a much bigger boost to dps
>>
>>151834813
No, the argument I'll have is you should be using Pierce shots.

Actual Pierce shots, not Pierce elemental. But I was asked were regular Thunder was better than Pierce Thunder, and I answered truthfully.
>>
File: image.png (520KB, 1400x1168px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
520KB, 1400x1168px
>2016
>people complaining about "clown suiters"
>people complaining about "fashion hunters"
>people unable to clownsuit fashionably
>people advocating for any full suit that isn't Dreadking
>people TA weapon tier whoring

Can we all just shut up and hunt? No one on this board will kick anyone from an /Mhg/ room if you decide to go full Moofah. If you cart in good spirits and keep memeing to a minimum, everybody wins.

It's the ridiculous carts that make it fun.

Rooms are up under gathering. Let's do it!
>>
>>151834937
Because everyone likes to jack off over numbers while imagining a stationary target that never moves or attacks. Same reason peak performance has such a fan club when a konchu bumping your toe can strip away that bonus and make the whole armor skill useless.
>>
>>151835049
I think it's mandatory if you aren't using a shield or adept-dodging through the roars. Hammers need it. I think insect glaive can self-buff with earplugs (they could in 4U).
>>
>>151834075
Breaking a part doesn't decrease the damage said part takes.
Weakpoints usually stay the same after breaking, while on certain monsters breaking shit increases the damage they take there.
The one exception is the tip of Astalos's tail.
Partbreaker is still shit, but it's not going to make hunts longer by just having it.
>>
>>151834937
>Playing with 4 hunters and not caring about 2.5% DPS

Whats your name anon?
>>
>>151835056
Sorry bro, duram melts to pierce fire.

Normal pierce cannot come close to the damage pierce fire can deal to duram.
>>
>>151834892
>Try 1.5k+ hours
If it takes over 500 hours to get a Relic weapon worth using, the system is trash.

>Customization is customization even when you have no control over it
We're in clown town tonight.

>Now you'll say apex monsters were good
Eh. I didn't really care too much either way. They weren't as bad as people made them out to be, but I don't miss them.
>>
>>151834937
Because people like to theory craft rather than hunt and look at what's in front of them.

Regardless people like AuL. It's reliable. It stacks with everything. It's a flat increase. It's on Dreadking.
>>
>>151835228
xXyour-momXx
>>
>>151834923
>15 Pierce 2 shots vs 0 Thunder shots is better
You're not even trying.

>Being a thunder gun instead of fire against Duram
Bringing a fire gun instead of a pierce gun is fucking retarded.
>>
>>151834937
The longer you drag the fight, the more mistakes can happen. Hence, damage skills are pretty important as they can make your runs a lot more comfortable. Besides, its not like utility skills don't boost your dps either since they keep you alive/ give openings. Jho without tremor res tends to be really irritating and no EE on SA and HBG hurts since you move as slow as shit.
>>
>>151834026
Is monster porn part of the game?
>>
>>151835230
>Duram melts to pierce fire
Two things: first, Duram has many more good Pierce angles than good P.Flaming angles.

Second, neither P.Flaming LBG is available to craft until the DLC arrives.
>>
>>151835035
Fuck off clownsuiter
>>
>>151834937
Sorry son, but AuL is in no way considered mandatory anymore. The new hotness is crit.
>>
>>151835226
Didn't know that. Thanks Anon.
>>
File: denial.jpg (60KB, 445x545px) Image search: [Google]
denial.jpg
60KB, 445x545px
Why does deathprize have to be such a butt-ugly weapon
>>
>>151834075
>>151835226
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't partbreaker work by decreasing stagger thresholds/increasing your stagger "damage"?

It's the only reason I've found for why this guy was using the partbreaker oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB0JCnBUFpU
>>
Anyone know what exactly unlocks the Toka set? I asked in a hub and all I got from someone was "Footbath quests. Look it up", but All I ever get is kiranico pages
>>
>>151835185
even shielding is a waste of time, adept or earplugs or no go. gotta get those hits in.

>>151835232
>implying all of that time was relic hunting
>implying the non-140 GQs runs count for shit (that part of the relic system was shit for sure, i agree)
I guess RNG was different between us because I upgraded to better DBs for every element without many runs and got a max raw GS quickly too (lacked slots and nat purple, but still better than crafted which is my point).

More options/aesthetics/skills = customization

So when we bangin'?
>>
>>151835228
Not sure I take your point. Are you trying to point out some perceived dichotomy between something casuals do and something try-hards care about?
>>
>>151835620
>I asked in a hub
Are you stupid? No one is going to type all that shit in hub.
>>
What to use for elemental LBG vs Stonefist? Thunder 2 or P. Ice 1/2?
>>
>>151835595
Partbreaker/Destroyer =/= Destroyer Oil
Partbreaker skill decreases the damage needed to break a part by 10%
Destroyer OIL reduces the stagger threshold.
>>
>>151835646
Yes. Im saying that you shouldn't care at all about skills in 4 player rooms, but at the same time I am criticizing you for playing in 4 player rooms because the game isn't fun if its not challenging you.
>>
>>151835316
Pierce THUNDER you drooling retard.

Pierce thunder 2 procs for 5 times if you shoot down its body and with Rapid Fire that's 15 times.

If you think your shitty thunder 1 or thunder 2 can come close to that kind of damage then you're delusional.

>>151835502
Wrong.

The head takes massive 35 to fire and the body takes a decent 15. The hump and the tail tip takes good fire damage as well.

For normal pierce the only spots to aim for are the hump and the tail, everywhere else takes mediocre to shit shot damage.
>>
>>151835626
>Implying all of that time was relic hunting
Yes.
500 hours of relic hunting. Not 500 hours of game time.

I had like 4 different Anti-Rajang sets.

The only Relic I ever got that was worth using was a max raw, max element ice LS with white sharpness that barely saw any use because LS was outclassed by IG.

Are you into horses?
>>
File: 1471226652919.png (111KB, 971x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1471226652919.png
111KB, 971x2100px
Can someone explain Teostra Bow to me? What's the most effective way of using it?

I see in chart related people use TruShot Up without Normal Up, but still use Load Up. TruShot Up is pretty strong, but shouldn't Normal Up be used to boost it up even further?

Since power shot boost charge level by 1, shouldn't a playstyle of charging to 3 -> power shot be the most effective? Then you wouldn't need load up at all while still dishing out charge 4 Rapid 5s.
>>
>>151835620
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4wy2mo/how_to_get_the_toka_armor_set_in_monster_hunter/
>>
I'm missing a 5 star village quest, [Village5] The Thunderclaw Wyvern
Kiranico doesnt show any prerequisistes, but the quest doesnt show in my list. What am i supposed to do?
>>
>>151835771
Ah, as it turns out Partbreaker does lower the stagger threshold, but once that part breaks, shit's useless.
>>
>grind dreadking levels
>reach level VII
>everyone leaves
Who designed this horrible "on-site items only" thing? Fuck.
>>
>>151835686
I thought hed say something like "quest is 7 star" or somthing, not just "footbath", which in itself is like 14 different villager requests. So I'm going to assume you dont know?
>>
>>151835854
>>151835854
You only unlock the level 4 PowerShot with load up, without it the Power shot is level 3.
>>
>>151835924
How many Kokoto requests are you doing?
>>
>>151835595

>Positions himself to get stepped on to avoid stun from roar
>Round Force to avoid tail swipe
>Second Round Force to stagger
>Uses first tranq to detonate bomb

This is no mortal man.
>>
>>151835824
Regular pierce does more damage than thunder pierce on duramboros at all spots except the horns.
>>
>>151835943
I mean ... it gives you everything you need. What's the problem?
>>
>>151835896
Thank you
>>
>>151836021
im not suire i understand but im at 605 kokoto points
>>
>>151836068
Ask that to the ones that just left the room.
>>
>>151835725
P. Ice 1/2 or regular Freeze S. Pelt the shell for infinite staggers.

>>151835824
>Pierce THUNDER you drooling retard
Listen dipshit, you were comparing a perfect RF volley to a MISSED HIT. And yeah, I assumed you'd understand I was referring to P.Thunder, not Pierce S Lvl 2. Sorry, I'll be clearer in future.

>If you think your shitty
MY shitty? Mate, I don't own any of these mechanics.
>Can come close to that kind of damage
Considering you're shooting at hitzones of like, 5 and 10? Yeah, I'll shit all over your DPS.

>The only points to aim for are the hump and the tail
>only points
You mean, from literally anywhere in the room you're standing you can get an ideal Pierce angle?

Do you even play Bowgun, or are you just shitposting after jizzing your pants seeing a RF P.Thunder TA?
>>
>>151835853
LS was worse than everything in 4U sadly.
At least it's good in Gen.

Hmmm, IDK. Maybe mares?
...why?
>>
>>151835535

Crit used to be unpopular. Maybe because AuXL is out and it's easy to hit 90% affinity (Narg weapon + WE) with Crit boost?
>>
>>151836114
Sorry, I could've worded that better.
Have you done all available Kokoto requests?
>>
>>151836003
Shiiiieeeeett. That sucks dick. But Normal Up still boosts the power shot right? So the playstyle is still basically spam power shots? So the mandatory skills would be:

- Load Up
- TruShot Up
- Normal Up
- Offensive skills

Why aren't people using Focus in the chart, is it redundant with Adept now? Thought it was staple for Bows.
>>
>>151835928
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4t51tw/how_destroyer_oils_affect_staggering_the_busting/

Nope, keeps working after the break.
>Reddit
>>
>>151836064
>not mentioning the perfectly timed and positioned Shoryugeki
The fucking highlight of the vid.
>>
>>151835854
Power shot only goes up to your maximum UNLOCKED charge.
Following a Lv.3 shot with a Power, without Load Up only gives you Lv.3

Deviants have a fuck-ton of health.
They dropped the 10% boost from Normal Up to get the 35% boost from Lv.1 Power coatings.
>>
>>151835595
>That attack bringing it down to the ground

Holy crap that's amazing, I would've missed that by a mile.
>>
>>151836220
no i skipped the egg and hub ones
>>
>>151836232
solo (no cats) you don't need focus because yes, adept makes it redundant
any other time, because the monster won't always be after you, focus is the better choice
>>
>>151835854
>No. 1 time on Deadeye features someone using Sharpness+1 on a weapon with maxed sharpness natively
What.
>>
>>151836140
Angle becomes a non issue when playing solo. All good bowgun TA are able to consistently pierce even the smallest angles.
>>
>>151836309
There's your problem.
Do the egg quest.
>>
>>151836252
That's Destroyer Oil, anon.
The Destroyer/Partbreaker SKILL is the one that stops working after a break.
>>
>>151836309
Egg one is a surprise Astalos encounter. You need that before you get the Astalos quest.
>>
>>151826142
You can change the armor pigment to black, brown, etc.
>>
>>151836067
Who the fuck uses thunder pierce on Duram?

The only thunder weak part is the horn.

Thunder pierce is for Mizutsune.

>>151836140
I made every set of element pierce bowgun in X, even the fully upgraded rath guns.

And let me tell you, thunder pierce is better on mizutsune because you can actually hit the multiple decent weakpoints by shooting a pierce round down its body instead of aiming for one tiny, impossible to hit weakpoint.

And your argument on using normal pierce instead of fire pierce on duram makes no fucking sense because duram has more fire weakspots than raw shot weakspots.
>>
>>151836412
>>151836372
ok thanks
fuck egg quests though
>>
>>151836324
Thanks famalam, that makes sense. Tried using this meme bow and I'm running out of Power 2 coating fast, might need to find a way to slot in Power 1.
>>
>>151827063
>not getting level 3 charges on every roar
wew lad
>>
>>151836346
>when playing solo
You're going to use RF P.Flaming solo.

With medium wait.

And you're implying that bowgun TA's are representative of standard solo play.
No thank you.
>>
File: 1420685461172.png (214KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1420685461172.png
214KB, 512x384px
>>151835595
>1:49
holy fug i wanna play sns now
>>
>>151836487
Don't you want that Hayabusa Feather, anon?
>>
Need tips on how to sub 5 challenge quest slay a rathalos where you can only use a preset GS, CB, SA, or HBG

Which is the best duo to do it with?

What's the best strategy?

I tried with a friend and got 8 mind with SA and CB. We did some sleep bombing since it was a sleep SA and the items came with bombs.
>>
Duramboros Breakdown:
1. Nonelement Pierce
2. Fire Pierce
3. Fire Rapid S
4. Thunder Rapid S
5. Thunder Pierce
>>
is 4u or gen better ?

what is generally considered the weakest weapon type ? what the best
>>
>>151836658
id assume double hbg
>>
>>151836485
>And let me tell you, thunder pierce is better on mizutsune because you can actually hit the multiple decent weakpoints by shooting a pierce round down its body instead of aiming for one tiny, impossible to hit weakpoint.
Mizu has two good Thunder hitzones:
The claws
The back, during rage mode

>And your argument on using normal pierce instead of fire pierce on duram makes no fucking sense because duram has more fire weakspots than raw shot weakspots.
Try 80% of the length of his ENTIRE BODY being sufficiently weak to proc weakness exploiter.

Listen, shit for brains. Download Ping's MHX Dex, open it up to monsters, and browse through the monsters to have a gander at their elemental hitzones. Come back when you understand that firing at a 10 hitzone for elemental is a waste of time.
>>
>>151836260
>load up with dreadking soul
what, isn't dreadking supposed to work on a fullset only? Or some crazy ass charm allows to get in both artillery and load up?
>>
>>151836531
ALL RF element pierce 2 shots have medium wait.

What's your point?
>>
>>151836737
For 4U or Gen?
>>
>>151836658
>pick two hbg
>obliterate his weak spot
ez
>>
Any rooms up?
>>
>>151836737
GL/horn/hammer
mainly GL
>>
>>151836697
1. Pierce
2. P.Flaming
3. Normal S Lvl 3
4. Do you need a fourth option/
>>
>>151836806
>>151836768
Well shit that sounds obvious now.
>>
>>151836803
both
>>
>>151836774
>only head and fin has 45 raw

And I'm not discussing thunder pierce vs raw pierce on mizu, moron.

I'm discussing thunder pierce vs normal thunder shots.
>>
Which hellblade weapon is the bomb?
>>
>>151836487
It's just one egg quest. If you're smart with your jumps, you can take zone 6 from the nest.

If you lack patience, Transporter skill + Mega Dash Juice (Or a HH with negate stamina use song).
>>
>>151836496
I wouldn't suggest that
Just make you shots count (crit distance, weakspots), and be sure to sleep bomb the monster if you're alone/not with idiots

>>151836779
barrage earring + dreadking talisman with tenderizer gems
if your wep has enough slots or you have an amazingly lucky talisman you can get hg earplugs as well
>>
>>151836780
My point is that using them solo is a one way ticket to base camp.
>>
>>151836779
Well if you have a crazy ass charm, with max Artillery and Dreadking + 3, 3 slots, you can probably replace the helm with Barrage Piercing for Load Up.
>>
>>151829710
Dreadqueen is awful. I suggest you sleep her and bomb the tail if at all possible, once the spikes on it break her poison damage is greatly lowered.
>>
>>151836779
Deviant skills work exactly like normal skills, get 10 and it activates.
Melee sets can free up the chest slot by swapping over to the gunner cap.
Deviant skills can also pop up on charms.
>>
>>151836914
GL
>>
>>151836983
What I did was eat for that skill that negates fall damage. You can run for 3 second bursts and fall off the cliffs to save time. No matter how high a ledge you jump off of, the egg will be fine
>>
>>151836960
>I'm not discussing thunder pierce vs raw pierce
You're not discussing anything, you're pissing your pants.

>I'm discussing thunder pierce vs normal thunder shots
In which case your choices are shoot at a monster that takes bugger all Thunder damage anywhere but the claws an back during rage mode, or try to hit miniscule targets on the side of his body.

You're splitting hairs on an irrelevant monster, and are wrong either way. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>151837013
I was honestly expecting it to be piss easy with my dreadking set, considering gunning her
It's either that or teddybear, but that's a big hit to my dps
>>
>>151837000
Try gitting gud.

Or use the non-RF pierce fire gun when it's released.
>>
>>151830485
>rng loot grind gives you the best weapons thus invalidating crafting
>crafting is the point of the fucking game
4Ubabbies will defend this with muh gayme life but they should just play Diablo or something.
>>
File: ur a faget.png (213KB, 600x823px) Image search: [Google]
ur a faget.png
213KB, 600x823px
>>151830862
>Relics are good.
No, there was everything wrong with relics. They were godly and gave you incentive just like you said, at the god awful cost of putting up with bounce-a-thon time sensitive Apex monsters. The good stuff was being rape ape and the like, and even if there were good loots, RNG was biggest pain in the ass since you had to find the PERFECT bias, skin, map layout, and hope for a good unstable monster. And with how guild quests had to be produced, you had get really social and beg or get your ass in Everwood for years. Relic armor was even worse because the of RNG skin choice and usually shitty jewels. Some of them would give you the perfect skin with shit defense and stats.

It was fucking awful, and the people that partook were quality shitters or the greatest elitist cancer in existence.
>>
>>151827063
>Speaking in absolutes
>Condemning one of the best skills in the game

>goldenfishbait.png
>>
File: 1467546574329.jpg (32KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
1467546574329.jpg
32KB, 396x353px
>join 3/4 lobby
>everyone leaves
>>
>>151837187
>Try gitting gud
You're better off just using a different strategy that gives you more openings.

>Non-RF pierce fire gun
Didn't even know one existed.
>>
File: Concerned narga.jpg (199KB, 955x922px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned narga.jpg
199KB, 955x922px
>>151837013
>>151837168
oh, and uh
thanks for the advice
>>
>>151837156
Are you implying its hard to consistently hit his arms/claws?
>>
>>151837117
>>151836882
>tfw you really like gl
was gl ever good ?
>>
>>151837129
>Same benefit
>Not relying on armor skills or specific weapons

winrar
>>
Oy, someone make a room, I wanna play with you faggots
>>
>>151836914
MH4U:
IG > GS > CB > power gap > DB > the rest

MHGen:
SA > Lance > GS > DB > LS > SnS > IG > Hammer = CB > HH > GL

Guaranteed replies
>>
>>151837348
Yes. For whatever reason, his claws don't catch bowgun shots and most of the shots you fire at his arms hit his flanks instead.

If his claws were easier to hit with elemental shots, he'd be trivial to trip lock with Thunder S.
>>
>>151837480
You'll have to wait until I finish cooking dinner.
>>
>All /mhg/ arguments take place inside a vacuum operated by robots playing solo with perfect skills, perfect gear, zero human error, and full monster compliance
>>
>>151837417
aggl was the most fun i ever had with the gl

i wish they never fixed it
>>
>>151837480
YOU DO IT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>lvl 8 deviant
>you do not meet the requirements to join this quest
what
my hr is unlocked
>>
>>151837562
>HBG nowhere on the list
>Bow nowhere on the list
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;))))))))))))))))))
>>
>>151837562
>forgetting gunner weapons
>>
>>151837694
Read the quest description nerd
>>
>>151837694
Check the requirements.
>>
>>151837562
Dumb Blademaster shitter. HBG is constantly near the top.

(you)
>>
>>151837694
How about you actually READ the requirements?
>>
>>151837562
>CB > power gap > DB
>they're mostly equal
>>
>>151837562
>no guns
(You)
>>
>>151837771
>>151837727
>>151837728
S-Sorry, I have no experience with gunner weapons and didn't dare to comment on them lest I get my butthole shredded.

But Adept HBG is definitely the best weapon in Gen if I were to put it in. Not sure where LBG and Bow fall though
>>
> Killing Cabra in the Volcanic Hollow, until ..
> JHO OUTTA NOWHERE
> Dung him, proceed with hunt and kill Cabra
> When suddenly ...
> THE RETURN OF THE JHO : ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
> Almost couldn't carve
I swear this shit shouldn't be allowed.
>>
>>151837908
Dunno about the others, but I'm getting the same times with Bow as I do with SA. Maybe my SA skills are just that rusty.
>>
File: 1464082373916.gif (286KB, 209x155px) Image search: [Google]
1464082373916.gif
286KB, 209x155px
>>151837749
>>151837751
>>151837832
oh fuuuug
>>
>>151837562
How are Lance and swaxe the top 2?

I disagree that weeaboo trip stick is better than sns.

How does cockroach musket even place?
>>
File: 1469033818612.jpg (185KB, 555x739px) Image search: [Google]
1469033818612.jpg
185KB, 555x739px
>objective: kill 15 jaggi
>can only find jaggia
>they don't count
>>
How much more damage does [element] + 2 and [element up] give when together compared to just [element] + 2?
>>
>>151837908
HBG has perennially been a contender for "best weapon in the game", since at least as far back as MHFU.

It goes virtually without saying that some nip is holding the best clear time for monster du jour with some crouching fire cheese.
>>
>>151838127
because they were buffed to brokeness in Gen, that's how
>>
>>151838206
>Trying to have an intelligent conversation
>Forgetting that this is 4chan

brb, fucking off out a 4th story window.
>>
>>151838179
[Element]+2 is x1.1 elemental damage and + a flat 6 elemental damage on melee weapons.
I'm not sure *exactly* how it works on ranged weapons, I just assume it's +10% damage.
[Element]+1 is half that effect.
Element Attack Up, or EAU is another x1.1 multiplier that fully stacks with the above in MHGenerations.
>>
File: 1469334403007.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469334403007.webm
1MB, 640x360px
*bleeds u*
>>
>>151838206
>buffed to broken
>not acknowledging that sns is at least tier 2 for blademaster weapons

uhhh
>>
>>151838378
I half expected blood to be drawn thanks to the post.
>>
>>151837238
I think the worst part of relics was that the "farm this monster literally hundreds of times" nature of the grind created this whole DPS DPS DPS EFFICIENT FARMING DPS DPS culture in the MH community, when it wasn't really a MAJOR thing prior to MH4U.

I mean there were always a few people who got autistic about damage, and TAs were always a thing, or people would come up with ways to hunt specific monsters like Alatreon in Tri really quickly and efficiently, but most people who were into the game were perfectly fine using a set with no damage-increasing skills for style, or convenience/fun, or defense, or whatever. By the time Generations rolls around, the relic-farming mentality has set in so badly that you can go online and just join some random room, and there's a pretty good chance that everybody is either 1) a clueless shitter who manages to have three pages of skills in the 4-7 range, or 2) stacked up with at least 2-3 offensive skills, if not full-on mix-and-match Dreadking + Charms.

It's really sort of just lost something now that that bell's been rung, and I don't see how it could ever swing the other way. And sub-5 minute hunts are boring as shit.
>>
>>151838370
>Element Attack Up, or EAU is another x1.1 multiplier that fully stacks with the above in MHGenerations.
That's all I needed to know.

And by the way, the skill works the same way for guns as they do blades
>>
>>151838327
>>151838432
im not the one who made the list
SA has permanent demon riot and striker lance's charge does a loooot of damage, on top of staggers
>>
File: hot lizard.webm (699KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
hot lizard.webm
699KB, 240x240px
>>151838378
>>
>>151830704
Not at all.
>>
>>151838127
Striker Lance reverts back to the non-shit third poke, and turns the charge finisher into a 70 motion value ass destroyer.
The Switchblade has a broken Art combo that gives you infinite super-sword mode.
>>
Okay I need to know this

https://youtu.be/-1caSXCQ6bU?t=1m23s

1m23s~

He shows the lvl 3 charge for Greatsword and says the motion value is 100*1.3

People are saying different things in the comments, one says it's 100*1.3= 130 (but then why didn't the just write 130?)

Other people say the *1.3 is a multiplier for elemental and status, but I thought it's 200% for a lvl 3 charge and 300% for a lvl 3 strong charge

So what the fuck does the 100 *1.3 mean? Does anyone definitely know?
>>
File: 1461641360828.png (791KB, 1270x679px) Image search: [Google]
1461641360828.png
791KB, 1270x679px
>>151826094
Why is Samus so sex /mhg/?
>>
>>151838512
Poor little guy
>>
>>151838741
I believe it's a sharpness multiplier.

Functionally, the damage is the same as 130% motion value, but you'll cut through some things you'd otherwise bounce on.
>>
Are deviants needed for the "beat one of each [x]" awards?
>>
>>151838935
They each have "level [deviant monster] quest to 10" awards.
>>
>>151838896
A sharpness multiplier? So if I have blue sharpness which is x1.2 you'd go 1.2*1.3 = 1.56 as your sharpness modifier in the damage formula?

Now I'm confused
>>
>>151827109
sup sweden
>>
>>151839009
Yes.

You're looking at some incredibly irrelevant minutia.

It's not going to matter unless you're hitting part of a monster you'd otherwise bounce on, which you shouldn't be trying to hit anyway.
>>
>>151837156
>You're not discussing anything, you're pissing your pants.

Nice counter argument.

With a typical element lbg setup using element attack +2 and trueshot up, a thunder pierce 2 shot from Parasol will do 69 points of element damage. Even with a 15 thunder zone that's 10 damage.

With the typical pierce setup of ce2, we and pierce up and a gun with the same raw, your pierce 1 round will hit for 24 points of raw damage on a 45 hitzone and 22 points of raw damage on a sub-45 zone

Lets say you hit the 45 zone, your damage would be 22 * 0.45 = 10 damage

So even proccing weakness exploit on a 45 raw zone, pierce 1 will only give you equal damage to a thunder 2 pierce shot on a 15 thunder zone.

If you think that just because the element weakzone is only 15 then element damage is weaker to raw then you're sorely mistaken.

Element shots on bowgun scale to the gun's raw display, and the stack from trueshot up and element attack 2 will increase that damage even more.
>>
>>151839136
I mean, I just wanted to do some math and see how much damage I truly do, but it's confusing when the values are given in some 100*1.3 kind of format and you're not sure what they mean
>>
>>151838127
SnS definitely has much more utility than LS in a multiplayer hunt, that's for sure. Nevertheless, I made the list thinking of the weapon's potential damage output together with its ability to exploit openings and I felt that the LS puts out more damage than the SnS.
>>
>lifepowder
>Merci!
>Merci!
>Merci!
>>
File: qtSDWrt.png (120KB, 297x303px) Image search: [Google]
qtSDWrt.png
120KB, 297x303px
>Online with randoms
>A guy using an IG who is like two gems away from activating evade, only has one skill active
>Mention it in chat
>Only response is 'yeah'
>Ask if he's going to fill them in
>'yeah'
>Asks if he needs parts
>'yeah'
>Get into a hunt
>He dies almost immediately
>When he gets back he starts spamming jump attacks
>Je suis monte!

I fucking knew it
>>
>it's an ls activating unhinged spirit while 3 other guys are about to attack a tripped seregios episode
>>
>>151839226
>in some 100*1.3 kind of format and you're not sure what they mean

did you drop out of middleschool anon?
>>
>>151839386
It's not 130, that's the thing
Else he would have simply written 130
>>
>>151839374
>enter a room as a Lance user
>Weeaboo Stick
>Weeaboo Twigs
>balanced spammy Switch Blade
Kill me
>>
File: 1464367133955.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1464367133955.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>current year
>no penguin monster
WTF Capcom!?
>>
>>151839614
you are the monster
>>
>>151839614
>wanting to kill penguins
>>
File: file.jpg (49KB, 598x605px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
49KB, 598x605px
>remember kirin having it's own theme in 4u and games before then
>fight it in gen
>generic artic ridge theme plays

?????????????????????????????
>>
LS vs Tigrex is frustrating at times when the fucker never stands in one place for more than 1 second
>>
File: 0cf3e95d.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0cf3e95d.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>151839614
>>
File: AAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (967KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif
967KB, 500x281px
>Less and less rooms
>More and more people complaining about randoms

Burn in hell faggots
>>
About MHFU on iOS.

I have a moga controller, but does the game work offline with no internet connection?
>>
>>151839820
I'm HR3 and just want to kill some monsters m level, but I imagine most everyone is unlocked
>>
File: Woman oppressing machine.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Woman oppressing machine.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>151839758
>Charging GS at the tail
>tiggy moves slightly
>whiff
>>
>>151839751
that was just the tower theme
>>
>>151839758
I hope you're using Adept? Adept LS is so strong against Tigrex.

You should try using Adept LS against Silver Rath. That is the definition of insanity.
>>
what armor should I craft as a low level Guild Hammer?
>>
Do i still need dragon weapon to break chameleshit's tail? His crappy horn breaks in an instant but the tail is intact despite wailing on it for half of the hunt
>>
>>151839982
No I was using striker, I really like all 3 arts

At the very least I would want sakura slash and critical juncture, so guild is the only other style I'd be okay with I think
>>
>>151839751
>Fighting and *Drome boss

PE PO PO PE
PE PEEE
>>
>>151840057
adept evades and better spirit finisher > moderately useful counterattack
>>
>>151840134
since when did adept ls have a spirit finisher?
>>
>>151839165
0.23*0.65*5*1.2*1.1*240 = 236 Thunder damage per P. Thunder lvl 2, rounding down. On a hitzone of 15, that's 35 damage per P. Thunder lvl 2, or 140 across a full RF volley with Bonus Shot.

Compared to PierceL
0.08*1.12*1.1*5*250 = 123.2 Raw damage, on a 0.45 hitzone that's 55 damage per shot, rounding down.

This is assuming a 45 hitzone and a 15 hitzone, rather than a 65 hitzone and a 10 hitzone or somesuch.

>Trying to school me on bowgun damage calculations
Better luck next time.
>>
>>151840209
then what the fuck is the thing you get after evade-X-R which also boosts spirit bar on hit?
>>
>>151839920
>that webm
I remember that shit. Not this time.
>>
Unlocked turns
67-8863-3247-6368
rage
-OO
>>
>>151836558
All these videos make the weapons look insane, which they are, but you also have to study a monster long into boredom to know exactly what to do against them.

And unless you're trying to make some video to score that MH poose you're just gonna bore yourself to death trying to do what these people are doing.
>>
>>151840310
adept counter
>>
>>151840385
>-OO
Uh-oh.
>>
>online
>close 3DS when I have to go the bathroom
I guess I did enough for today uh.
>>
>>151840469
What happens if you wear a charm backwards?
>>
>>151840354
MY LEGS

MY LEGS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>151840414
Still seems like a finisher to me and works better than mashing R like an idiot
>>151840547
you get negative points
>>
File: 1467481419452.png (1MB, 974x512px) Image search: [Google]
1467481419452.png
1MB, 974x512px
>current year
>still no option to make your huntress into a dumb bimbo
wtf capcom
>>
So dreadqueen leaves poison crystal around now?

or has it always been this way?
>>
Are there any para weapons of any type that come close to deathprize?
It's just so ugly
>>
Anyone willing to put up "The Winged Wyverns" quest?
>>
>>151840601
meme felyne dual blade and/or CB
>>
>>151839070
Close but not quite
>>
>tfw all of the good female armour looks like shit
>>
>>151835854
Load up gives Rapid 5.

Also it's not difficult to make a bow set with Load Up/Normal Up/Trueshot Up/Focus. I saw a hunter running this WITH ammo saver using only a Focus 5 OOO charm
>>
>>151839920
d-did they break?
>>
>>151840601
Yes.

A Bowgun.
>>
File: 05d.jpg (22KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
05d.jpg
22KB, 450x338px
>>151840791
>d-did they break?
>>
>>151839428
>Else he would have simply written 130

No.
>>
>>151840791
yes

at the knee, no less

she'll probably never walk again
>>
I have this problem with adept for all weapons with the way your hunter "runs" after the adept dodge

It feels like it's forced in one direction and is very annoying
>>
File: 1470532366238.png (242KB, 823x936px) Image search: [Google]
1470532366238.png
242KB, 823x936px
>>151840701
>100 raw
>130 raw
well fuck
looks like I'm stuck, maybe I'll run sleep bombs every once in a while

khezu dbs look okay but deathprize still outperforms them heavily
>>
>>151840717
Norgay
>>
>>151840885
anon pls ;-;
>>
>>151840868
Yes.
Go on, elaborate why not. You can't.
>>
>>151840770
it's fucking retarded that they gave the teo bow 2 slots in addition to all the other shit it has

why is capcom so shit at balancing bows fuck

and blast was a mistake
>>
>>151840972
>1/6 chance to status
>ever
>>
>>151840791
shell be fine
>>
>>151840057
The LS actually is viable using both adept and striker so you should mix it up depending on the monster you're fighting. For tigrex, there are so many opportunities you wouldn't have been able to take without adept, examples include slashing him on the head while he prepares his next attack and adept dodging through it. His charge is easy to adept through because it has a distinct startup, which is left paw up instead of head first like raths. Another is his roar, you can adept through and do your adept counter. Try it out, it's fun.
>>
>>151841101
DBs only have a 1/6 to apply abnormal status?
Deathprize really wants me to use it, doesn't it
>>
>wyvern s can't even kill a small enemy in one hit
what's the point
>>
>>151841129
>>151840885

I don't know what to believe.
>>
>>151834932
>keeps referring back to frontier and mho
>open world in monster hunter is fucking retarded and ruins it being monster hunter, thus mounts and mounted combat are stupid
dragons dogma plays completely different and shouldnt even be fucking compared.
>>
>>151834602
For dual blades, crits only affect the raw portion of the damage, without crit element right?
>>
>>151840594
Wtf are you talking about? Literally half the voice options are slut moans. And there are a few bimbo faces as well.
>>
>>151840385
still 2 slots open
>>
File: 1466755222945.gif (2MB, 435x245px) Image search: [Google]
1466755222945.gif
2MB, 435x245px
>>151841130
>Tigrex
>him
>his
>>
Adept's problem is that the monster has to be really close after the dodge for you to make use of it

So often a monster storms across the entire zone and after you dodge it it's like 20 meters away from you with no way to get there "in time" to pull off your post-adept move
>>
>>151841210
the khezu dbs are half thunder half para so only one blade is going to be doing para hits
>>
>>151840964
That's the trade off to prevent just pressing dodge and being totally safe. You have to choose your dodge direction wisely or eat a follow up attack. You'll get used to it.
>>
>>151840791
>>151840885
It's just a dislocation.
>>
>>151841080
>anon is a retard who gets confused by the most trivial things
should be reason enough?

one is a variable the other is a constant.

stay
in
school
>>
>>151841597
meanwhile adept dbs attack during the dodge, fills the archdemon gauge and gives 2 demon dodges that cost no stamina to reposition during which you are invincible for the entire duration
>>
>>151841701
are you retarded?
did you even follow the post chain?
>>
>>151841262
to lock your heat gauge
>>
>>151842045
>wyvern S
>GL
>>
>>151841701
>one is a variable
no, the 100 doesn't change.
it's always 100*1.3 for the lvl 3 charge. it's never 80*1.3 or 150*1.3 nor is it ever 100*1.5 or 100*1.1
>>
>>151841762
>100*1.3 is so confusing why doesn't he just say 130 whaah whaah what the hell is going on

I did.

but I still fucked up. They are both constants. The raw is the variable. So it should be x*1*1.3 confusing him even more.
>>
mfw i have to get
http://mhgen.kiranico.com/item/quality-stomach

is there a way to cheese it?
>>
>>151842123
my bad, for some reason I shortcutted to wyvern fire
>>
>>151830161
But they did end up releasing ad hoc party like a year after launch for western territories...It would have been "old news" compared to 3u though
>>
>>151842162
Raw has nothing to do with 100*1.3

Those are both motion values. There is no raw mentioned anywhere here.

Stop posting if you're gonna be this retarded. Fucking /mhg/
>>
So how do i break chameleos tail? Why the damn thing never breaks off while its horn gets eliminated in a single sword dance? Do i still need dragon element, attacking during rage or some other black magic to pry it off?
>>
>>151841210
Every weapon has 1/3rd chance to apply status. Halved to 1/6th if only one blade has para
>>
>>151842210
The Slay 50 Bnahabra quest has a 15 Altaroth kill subquest. Bring your poison bombs, kick the fuckers to make them angry, group them up and then poison them together to use up less bombs. They come in groups of 2 or 3 in areas you can find them in. Carve their asses, and hand in the subquest for another chance at even more of them.
>>
>Install Athena's ASS
>Try to find clown suit for hammer with WE, Crit Up, HGE
>Impossible without god charms

fml
>>
>>151842387
good to know
thanks
>>
>>151842210
>>151842426
This. also:
Bring a poison weapon, like a cheap sns or make one for prowler.
Hit them until they are poisoned. Carve them when they die.
And leave your palicos at home, or else they probably kill them before the poison does.
>>
>>151842452
Going for a narga hammer build?
>>
>>151840279
Nice wrong formula.

(23*1.1*1.2+6)*2.1*0.7*.15*15 = 120 damage per volley of 3 thunder pierce 2 shots.

Compare that with the best rf pierce gun, silver narga, assuming you're rapid firing pierce 1 and proc WE on all of the shots, you've got

0.1*1.1*1.25*200*0.7*.45 *9 = 77 damage round down per volley of 3 rf pierce 1 shots.
>>
File: burgers.jpg (186KB, 790x444px) Image search: [Google]
burgers.jpg
186KB, 790x444px
How do I into lance
>>
I want to BE Bherna Gal!
>>
>>151842210
get native lance
hit buges with guard thrust until poisoned (should take a hit or two)
carve the corpses and have shittons of buge mats
native lance is love, native lance is life
>>
File: concerned zinogre.png (23KB, 366x366px) Image search: [Google]
concerned zinogre.png
23KB, 366x366px
>>151842707
why?
>>
>>151842278
>anon gets confused by calculation
>if you write out the entire thing with there will be no confusion
>anon is still confused
>fuck you guys
>>
File: 1423066931480.jpg (230KB, 823x832px) Image search: [Google]
1423066931480.jpg
230KB, 823x832px
>>151826013
People like to argue about which weapon in a room should have head priority. When I use the Lost Musket there is no argument. If you can stay by the head, you deserve it.
>>
>>151838378
CUTE!
>>
>>151842578
Yeah, actually.

>Punch in my decent hearing gem (+5 OO)
>Find out there's one set that works
>the gods have smiled on me this day
>>
>>151842791
You are wrong, though.

It's NOT simply 130, which would be the same as 100*1.3
That's the entire point.

Can you just stop posting? Why do people here feel the need to join conversations if they don't know anything?
>>
>>151842847
Post the set.
How ugly do you think it's going to be?
>>
>>151842810
I get away from the head and make it my purpose to hit you rather than the monster, and don't even think about getting those carves.
>>
anyone looking forward to Monster Hunter Stories
>>
>>151842910
nice try loser I have castle walls and ate for kickboxer
>>
It's uncanny I'm soloing my way through HR5 now and everything I fight is taking 19 minutes. No carts though and I'm using early HR gear with appropriate element weakness SNSs for the monsters with guild style. But so far everything

Plesi: 19
Rathian: 19
Narga: 19
Zantrios: 19
Lavasioth: 19
Najarala: 19
Garuga: 19

The fuck am doing wrong here? And around what should my times be for HR5 monsters before going to HR6?
>>
whos down for a prowler turns room?
>>
>MFW I GOT A +10 ATTACK, + 5 HEARING ---

IS THIS GOOD OR NOT?
>>
>>151843068
>no slots
It's okay.
Could be better.
>>
>>151843068
it's shit, sell it right away
>>
>>151842959
while I'm sure someone will respond saying that you should never take more than 10 minutes to solo anything at any gear level, it's fairly typical for solo guild hunts to run 15-20 minutes depending on your familiarity with the monster
>>
File: 1429353769189.jpg (18KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
1429353769189.jpg
18KB, 245x204px
>unskippable credits after village Glavenus

fuck you crapcom you think I c are about thye names of the mooks who bring me almost nothing but grief
>>
Is running fun alone? I've been a blademaster my whole hunting career and hbg looks like a lot of fun, but I don't play online all that much and it seems like it's just gonna be running away and jamming shoot all the time of I'm solo.
>>
File: ok dude.png (49KB, 140x139px) Image search: [Google]
ok dude.png
49KB, 140x139px
>>151843068
Plug it into Athena's ASS and find out.
>>
>>151842959
19 minutes is way too long. I also am a solo hunter because fuck random shitters and I got 5 minute on average kill times with an LS before I moved onto HR6.
>>
>>151842959
those are pretty solid times. I wish mine were that consistent when i soloed
>>
>>151842873
>join conversations
You mean the thing you did when I asked him why he dropped out of middleschool?

Please forgive me.
>>
>>151843160
right on cue
>>
>>151843068
>0 slots
Sell sell sell
>>
>>151842959
You just might be too focused on not dying, and not being aggressive enough.
It's also important for any weapon to target weakpoints to kill shit faster.
>>
>>151843194
Why should you be forgiven?

Here's a pro tip for you and everyone else who does this in /mhg/:

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't answer questions.
>>
>>151843160

Let me guess you teleported behind monsters and told them nothing personnel?
>>
>>151842894
Garuga Mask S (We're off to a bad start)
Silver Solmail (Goofy wings like flappy vagoo)
Dreadking Braces (Oh God I never wanted to farm this piece of shit for any reason)
Silver Solcoil (Fine) OO
Silver Solgreaves (Fine) O
Hearing +5/Thunder Res-10 OO (2nd skill is cursed)

4x Crit Up jwl, 1x Tenderizer jwl 1

Kinda bad from a fashion hunter's perspective, but those skillsn man!
>>
monster school
>>
File: more pls.jpg (1MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
more pls.jpg
1MB, 1000x1414px
>>151842781
Hey, it beats wanting to BE the store clerk
>>
>>151842648
Forgot the crit distance modifier on pierce gun

0.1*1.1*1.25*200*0.7*.45*9*1.5 = 115, which is still worse.
>>
>>151843126
>idol style dancing shit

I get that the meowstress is cute and all, but this shit was cringy.
>>
>>151838378
Didn't you tell me lizards cannot express affection?
>>
File: 1470496808267.jpg (3MB, 1481x1481px) Image search: [Google]
1470496808267.jpg
3MB, 1481x1481px
Why is HH so hard to manage and also bad at the same time?
Recitals need to be adjusted in some way that makes them not a deathtrap if you want to play aggressively
>>
>>151840048
Nah, I've cut it off with plain raw greatsword. It takes forever and you have to hit the very tip of the tail. That fat part counts as body damage.
>>
>>151843364
Thunder res negative 10 on a silver sol 3 piece. That should be fun
>>
>sharpness+4 OOO
So close, yet, so far.
>>
>>151842935
No
>>151842942
What is kickboxer supposed to achieve?
>>
>>151843459
meowstress looks like she had downs syndrome in the FMVs

just let female hunters have her outfit and let's be done with it
>>
>>151843391
Rajang can't catch a break
>>
>>151843595
Some issues were had accommodating foreign students from the exchange program.
>>
>>151843523
>>151843459
>not watching it for the Gourmew slap-stick
>>
File: 1468181950064.png (555KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1468181950064.png
555KB, 700x700px
>>
>>151843508
Astalos
Khezu
Rajang
Lagiacrus
Thunderlord

>Things to avoid
>>
>>151843124
>>151843160
>>151843278
I think it may be that I'm indeed an focusing on survinving and not aiming for weakpoints as much as I should. I also aim to try to cut tails and break stuff which could also contribute to longer times. Maybe I'm also not using the sns correctly with like exhaust oils on the head to get KOs.

I guess I can try for sub 15 before heading to HR6. Or is there some other guideline?
>>
>>151843595
>Guildmarm in charge of monster sex-ed
>>
>>151843748
that is fucking cute and you're a monster for posting it since we can only kill
>>
>>151843297
I didn't answer a question. I bullied him for being confused.
>Why should you be forgiven?
Because apparently we're in the hugbox now.
>>
>>151843748
Is that a Gammoth watering can
>>
>>151843780
sub 15 is fine
ignore the retard pretending he's ever had a sub-5 solo hunt in his life
>>
>>151843508
Just realized, I can gem it out because Narg Hammer is OO.

Actually, I should run the OO from the hammer though the calculator for gits and shigs.
>>
>>151843869
Git gud shitter
>>
File: 58460379_p0.png (212KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
58460379_p0.png
212KB, 600x800px
>>151843724
Don't forget to bring your wife's daughter on her first day to school, hunters!
>>
>>151843781
>criminally low amounts of r34 of her getting the monster dick

They were begging for it to be a thing with all that dialog, yet there is none.
>>
>>151843842
How can you bully someone for asking a question about something you yourself do evidently not understand?

Once again: Stop posting.
>>
>After a monster spots you, if you crouch, the monster will start walking around instead of coming right at you

That's cool, didn't know you could that.
>>
File: confused tama.jpg (33KB, 377x253px) Image search: [Google]
confused tama.jpg
33KB, 377x253px
>STILL no Ace Attorney crossover in MH
They even could have done it to promote Ace Attorney 6 being released in the west next month.

Where's my Tintable business suit and Gumshoe palico armor? I want a hammer based on a judge's gavel.
>>
>>151844162
If you look at promo trailers of MH1 and FU they always planned to add some sort of stealth elements to avoid monsters but never implemented all of it. That's a left over from the old code they never bothered removing.
>>
>>151843780
Affinity oil > exhaust oil

Another tip, when soloing use aerial style instead for more mounts and free hits on weakpoints if you want to kill faster

Make your one HA be Shoryuken and use that 3-4 times square on the head should KO anything giving you even more free weakpoints hits

Keep up the good work solo hunter. We are few but we are proud
>>
>>151844247
When they put their own promos they only add dead franchises
>>
File: 1460226155928.jpg (553KB, 630x891px) Image search: [Google]
1460226155928.jpg
553KB, 630x891px
>bath house is closed
>no quest to cap mizu to use it as a living soap dispenser, which you could see at aforementioned bath house when done
All those missed opportinities
>>
>>151844281
One of my friends uses Aerial SnS with Deathprize a lot online and when I use Lost Musket and just unload on the head it's not uncommon for a monster to be stunlocked from 100% to death between mounts, KOs and paralysis.
>>
>>151843956
No pne likes guildmarm aside from people with terminally shit taste
>>
>>151844380
We're talking solo though

Deathprize isn't viable solo
>>
>>151844357
>bath house
It's an onsen.
>>
>>151842894
With the advent of the 2 slots present on Night Eternal (Narg Hammer), there are some better mixes to be had with Silver Sol/R and Akantor/R.

My favorite (Because I'm a sick puppy)
Night Eternal
High Metal Helm U
Chakra Necklace OOO
Silver Gloves
Silver Waist OO
Silver Boots O
Hearing +5 OO

1x Earplug 3, 3x Tenderizer 1, 5x Crit Up 1.
>>
>>151844483
oh, fair enough
>>
File: 54808127_p44_master1200.jpg (391KB, 700x495px) Image search: [Google]
54808127_p44_master1200.jpg
391KB, 700x495px
>>151844357
>>
>>151844521
Not too bad. Whats the end defense?
>>
File: smug tama.png (311KB, 478x779px) Image search: [Google]
smug tama.png
311KB, 478x779px
>>151844607
>that little fox in the middle
What are you gonna do little fox? you're so small
>>
File: file.png (108KB, 302x308px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
108KB, 302x308px
>Need one (1) kirin thundertail
>body carve 30% chance, 20% quest rewards
>kill kirin 4 times
>carve 3 kirin hide + each time
>don't get any from the quest rewards
>>
>>151844715
probably going to get rekt like the guy in the middle
>>
Lads, I think I give up on HH
It just feels too hard to make work some times
>>
> Monster starts flying
> Paintball wears off
> Out of psychoserum
KILL ME
>>
>>151844867

Fuck Kirin. It only exists for its slut-gear anyway. At least make the fight interesting or make the armor have good skills.
>>
>>151844997
git gud
>>
>>151844701
534, before Armorcharm/Armortalon. For reference, full Silver Sol is 640.
>>
File: 60.jpg (98KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
98KB, 500x515px
>>151845068
I play Lance really well, but as much as I love Horn it's suffering for me
>>
>>151844997
What are you having trouble with?
>>
File: gore hearts.png (40KB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
gore hearts.png
40KB, 250x380px
>hunt drome with deathprize
>near instant para
>stun
>para
>stagger
>stagger
>stun
>para
>stagger
>stagger
>para
>dead

that's what you get for being a shit monster
>>
>>151845052
When this happens do not panic

You can spam the R button to keep following where it flies

Failing that, run to its shadow, pick an area and look straight at it. Use that to guess where the shadow is going and then go there.
>>
>>151845096
Well it should still tank most hits. That's all that really matters.
>>
>>151845251
Song upkeep into recitals
I'm so vulnerable whenever I perform, but I don't want to jerk off in a corner, and feel like I can only play when the monster is downed
Shit's just too aggressive to be locked in place, it feels
>>
>>151844867
Odds of not carving a thundertail frm the body are less than 2% (0.7^(3*4)=0.014). Add the odds of not getting them from the quest rewards plus the fact that you always got kirin hides and I think you're bullshitting us.
>>
>>151845430
>forgetting flintbro
>>
So I just picked up generations after skipping 4/4U. Are there certain parts that can only be broken with mounting (shells, wing tips, etc.), or does it just make it easier?
>>
>>151845430
The Qurupeco curse strikes again.
>>
>>151845430
Amazing how rng works. Just because it's unlikely doesn't mean it's not possible.
>>
>>151845506
Some parts, like Astalos back and backs in general, can be broken much more easily by mounting, but I don't think there's anything mounting-exclusive.
>>
File: I FUCKING WARNED YOU.gif (492KB, 621x313px) Image search: [Google]
I FUCKING WARNED YOU.gif
492KB, 621x313px
>>151845272
>Monster gets mounted successfully
>Then immediately paralyzed
>Then KO'd shortly after that
>And then somebody cuts the tail

ALL THAT FUCKING WASTED DOWNTIME

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>151845683
in 4u there was a couple mounting rewards but I dont think theres any in this game.
>>
>Monster gets mounted succesfully
>need to pay for alimony
FUCK
>>
>>151845430

RNGesus cares not for your math. I've gone on dry spells for seemingly common carves too, and I've had the exact opposite occur. I actually got 6 Akantor gems in a single hunt last week. 3 from carves, 2 from rewards, and 1 from the subquest reward.
>>
>>151845805
No there isn't any award for mounting.
>>
>>151845285
Thanks for working through this with me Anon.

Aside from hunting the Silver Sol pieces, there's a pretty easy Prowler Arena quest where you hunt a gendrome and an iodrome for the Legend tickets. Need to look into the quest chain to unlock it. The alternative is Arena Brachy, which sounds like a nightmare, if only by comparison.
>>
>>151845389
I'm just making sure to get the basics out of the way. Are you using Maestro? Are you evading out of recitals?
>>
I'M GONNA MAKE A HUB LATER TONIGHT YALL BETTER FUCKING JOIN IT OR ELSE
>>
>>151845272
Aerial deathprize works really fine on crabs and raths also.
>>
>>151845805
There are mounting subquests, but not items directly given to you just for mounting.
>>
>>151846064
who're you
>>
>>151845967

>Need to look into the quest chain to unlock it

You have to finish basically every single Prowler Hub quest to unlock it.

Arena Brach isn't too bad, since they give you really good weapons to wreck his shit with. My only real complaint with it (and all arena quests) is how they don't give you fucking dash juice for Bow and DS.
>>
>>151845891
>paying alimony for rape and murder
???
>>
>randoms manage to fail the mount every single time
how can you play aerial and be that bad at mounting a regular monster?
>>
>>151845389
well maybe you could try charging the notes on the monster then actually playing the song a little ways from it, darting in and out like that you won't lose too much dps. It's still ideal to play in the monsters face but it's really hard since it is a 3 second animation that displaces you a lot, without an encore. Also adept helps a lot.
>>
File: 170.jpg (177KB, 515x424px) Image search: [Google]
170.jpg
177KB, 515x424px
22-8063-5576-3725

2 sluts
>>
File: ITENDSNOW.jpg (125KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
ITENDSNOW.jpg
125KB, 633x758px
>played so much last night that I overslept and missed work
>>
File: 1469332824244.png (151KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
1469332824244.png
151KB, 500x435px
>>151846090
Wasn't even aerial
I've been using adept because I'm a little bitch and the counterattack can mount
>>
>>151846229
O / / /
>>
>>151846145
db doesn't even need dash juice to be good if you're halfway competent at managing your bar
>>
>>151846317
Don't do that.
>>
>>151846229
what hr do I need to be to not be laffed off?
>>
File: Wage-slave-logic f.png (156KB, 992x1856px) Image search: [Google]
Wage-slave-logic f.png
156KB, 992x1856px
>>151846273
>being a wagecuck
>>
>>151846409
>>
>>151846273
>Lick doorknobs
>Fart on pillowcase, take a Nyquil nap
>Get pink eye or foot-in-mouth
>Claim you were bedridden with some sort of exhaustion caused by an infection
>Get a doctor's note
>Keep job, take the week off
>Play MH all day every day
>?????
>Profit.
>>
Does anyone have that image of the rewards for each prowler quest?
>>
So, I've finally been putting some time into Generations after picking it up near release.
Is there any point to doing the cat quests? I really dislike playing as the cats and all that shit. I get they're good, but I just want to play my hunter.
>>
>>151846409
60 minimum.
>>
>>151846435
>being a wagecuck
>getting tossed out on the street by parents because no job
I'll pick the first one please
>>
>charlotte is hr300 already
>>
File: 1469571961179.png (129KB, 332x236px) Image search: [Google]
1469571961179.png
129KB, 332x236px
>>151846435
both arguments presented here trigger the fuck out of me
>>
>>151846530
You must be doing it wrong. Prowler with big/piercing boomerangs is fucking hilarious.

Also you want to do all of the village prowler quests because they expand your "farm" in this game. They're all ridiculously easy because prowlers have boosted gathering, and have smaller hitboxes for fighting monsters.
>>
>>151846409
doesnt matter to me
>>
>>151846586
>literally every man's irl hunterfu

Who was that character from .hack//sign that couldn't log out? I think we have one of those in MHGen.

>inb4 infinite health Gigginox shows up in unstable environment.
>>
>>151846650
What does it matter for you? You're just an effeminate soap dragon
>>
>>151846568
>what are autismbux
>>
How does the aerial forward evade's i-frames work?
>>
>>151846759
https://nhentai.net/g/149428/
:^)
>>
>>151846409
HR is more of a metric of time played. WHEN it unlocks it'll prove whether you rushed through keys or hanged around at some point doing other things.

No idea what the lowest possible unlocked HR is.
>>
>>151846870
No i-frame's while initiating the flip
But they start on contact and continue for the leap until the apex when you're vulnerable again
>>
>>151846843
>proud of a mental disorder
>proud to make less than a guy working 20 hours a week on minimum wage
>>
>>151846551
>>151846737
>>151847034

well, time to get to 60

I'm at 48
>>
>>151847034
My second character in 4u was unlocked at 18.

Did a bit of farming for one set.

I saw a pick of an hr 11. I bet it's around there at most.
>>
File: tama3.jpg (394KB, 1200x823px) Image search: [Google]
tama3.jpg
394KB, 1200x823px
>>151846778
god damn do I wish
>>
>>151846229
O / / /
>>
>>151847369
how do you think the guild feels about monsterphiles?
>>
>>151847479
Wyverians came from somewhere.
>>
>>151847034
Is it possible to fail so many quests that unlocking your HR actually lowers it?
>>
>"Our game isn't accessible enough to the physically and mentally handicapped demographic"
>"Say no more"

>aerial style
>>
Does aerial GS lvl 3 mid air charge do the same amount of damage as a regular lvl 3 charge?
>>
Well this is annoying as fuck. Every so often it starts registering my C-Stick as always pressing up or down and it doesn't fix itself until I close the lid and re-open.
I've tried replacing the C-Stick with one from my jpn-3ds with no change.
Also tried seeing if it happens when I play 4U and it doesn't, it only happens when I play Gen, anyone else run into this problem?
>>
>>151847070
it's really easy to fake the test fampai
>>
>>151846778
Tama is not even effeminate, he's just pink.
>>
>>151847583
Thank you, Black Twitter
>>
>>151847479
>have an extreme need to 'meet' their favorite monster(s)
>probably place large amounts of research about their monsters to the guild
>might have a higher-than-average quest-posting rate

Apart from wanting to get sum monster dick, I wouldn't be surprised if the guild kinda turned a blind eye to their quirks because of the overall benefits
>>
>>151847609
no it does around 40-30% less
>>
>>151847570
You can fail a lot of quests yes, but you can never rank down.
>>
>>151847060
So how do you evade attacks? Isn't the idea to time your flip so that the i-frames catch the moment you are receiving the attack? If there are no i-frames during the entire flip, then wouldn't the incoming attack knock you out before you vault off of it?
>>
>>151846843
Medicine in my country doesn't believe in autism. Not to speak of the government and social workers.
>>
>>151847657
Can any monster even pass the harkness test?
>>
>>151847570
You can never lose HR, but you can keep failing after every quest to make sure you don't gain HR.

Some people did this in 4u and had their hunter be one hr above the unlock level when they were finished.
>>
>>151845273
I do exactly that, but the trouble arises when shit like a Tiggy flies from Area 6 to Area 10 in J.Front, in which case I'll end up losing 5 minutes looking for the damn thing. Doesn't help that sometimes when I find them, they're already up in the air, leaving the area.
Only reason I find Tigrex and Nargacuga in J.Front is because I fought them so many times I already figured that they're going south.
>>
>>151847657
blushing_rajang_with_arms_tied_behind_head_cropped.tiff
>>
File: tumblr_nntprpqRkH1rgfpp2o1_500.jpg (235KB, 498x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nntprpqRkH1rgfpp2o1_500.jpg
235KB, 498x700px
>>151847479
Probably their best-performing members
>>
File: astalos.png (525KB, 1280x1138px) Image search: [Google]
astalos.png
525KB, 1280x1138px
>>151846229
well then i guess i have fallen behind in ranks
>>
File: 1439578062131.png (23KB, 267x204px) Image search: [Google]
1439578062131.png
23KB, 267x204px
>>151847034
>spent 60 hours in the village farming up 5 of each of my main weapons like hammer, lance, longsword, etc.
>picked up charge blade and built 3 of them for elements
Am I gonna be like HR50 when I finally start clearing the hub?
>>
>>151847013
You don't expect me to read this, do you?
>>
File: file.png (85KB, 725x508px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
85KB, 725x508px
NEVER EVER
>>
File: 3 narga moon.jpg (3MB, 2125x2750px) Image search: [Google]
3 narga moon.jpg
3MB, 2125x2750px
>>151847719
You have to play incredibly aggressively
After attacks or vaulting you can use a regular dodge to reposition, but otherwise you need to abuse safer areas of the monster or be a timing god

remember that sometimes it's better to just stay on the ground
>>
>>151847909
Shot Booster is a crutch, just get Evade Extend.
>>
>>151847903
village quests count for less than hub, but if you cleared all the village you should be around there.
>>
>>151847903
Probably. After around 80 or so hours I unlocked at HR 54, so you should be golden eventually
>>
File: 1469234843797.jpg (31KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1469234843797.jpg
31KB, 512x384px
>random joins
>aerial HH
>keeps jumping on tiggy and hitting everywhere but the head
>>
What's the best way to amass a large amount of contribution points? Those 93% in the awards screen bother me to no end.
>>
>>151847905
page 87 onwards
>>
>>151847520
>topical.mp4
>>
>120 hours
>HR-6, yet to unlock
Oh boy, my HR is gonna be skyhigh. At which HR do non-keyrushers unlock ?
>>
>>151848207
Something around 80.
>>
>>151848207
Keyrush territory is around 30, sometimes less. 40 is delayed keyrusher territory, above 50 is fine
>>
>>151848207
did you complete everything or are you just slow?
>>
File: 1470764398113.jpg (170KB, 622x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470764398113.jpg
170KB, 622x800px
>>151848207
I think 50 and upwards
I'm unlocking soon an aiming for 60+ but will probably overshoot it by a lot
>>
File: 1467265310585.jpg (199KB, 640x742px) Image search: [Google]
1467265310585.jpg
199KB, 640x742px
>Fighting Mizutsune
>Does jump attack
>slap it's tail, knocking it out the air
>>
>>151848363
>Fighting Mizutsune
>Dooes jump attack
>Kills me from 150 hp
Fucking love being a gunner
>>
>>151848319
I timed out on multiple quests a lot of times and triple carting also takes up a lot of time
>>
>>151848418
>aerial gunning
dont
>>
>>151848534
Where in the fuck did I say that I was aerial gunning
>>
>>151848428
Sounds like you need to play more aggressively
Or just upgrade your gear
>>
>>151848428
I knew keydelayers were just shitters in disguise.
>>
>>151848603
But I though bulljaggi was good gear
>>
>>151848127
Whatever point you were trying to make, it's lost on me friendo.

>absolutelydisgusting.jpeg
>>
>>151848681
gajin hunter needs to be killed.
>>
>>151848314
>tfw unlocked at 16, after doing the village up until the credit roll and soloing the hub as far as the 5* urgent
>>
>>151848562
Probably implying that unless you were doing some stupid shit like aerial gunning, there's no way you should get hit by that attack.
>>
>>151848418
>Dooes jump attack
It's telegraphed as hell and easy to dodge. Especially as a gunner.
>>
Did you know there are meganeuras in Jurassic Frontier's area 8?
>>
>>151848817
>>151848812
>Making mistakes, ever
>>
>>151847635
I'm not gay, I just like masturbating anally
>>
>>151847925
I don't think I'm understanding you. Take a look at this: https://youtu.be/qFb5Fvx0_5M?t=38s . If he's not invincible at the moment he touches Uragaan during his roll, how is he able to vault off? I get that he's entirely invincible after the vault and during it, but I don't understand how he's not invincible at least during that moment in the flip where he makes contact.
>>
>>151848817
Yeah, the uber tail slam is the real problem.
>>
>>151848965
That one also triggers moxie
Was gunner armor always this bad?
>>
>>151848314
Nah 30-40 is delayed keyrusher, 40+ is fine. There are waaay too many below 30 and some even below 20 to think that those around 30 are actual keyrushers.
>>
>>151848936
God wouldn't have given us an anus if we weren't supposed to stick stuff in it.
>>
>>151848945
because the aerial dodge still has invulnerability like a normal roll

I've managed to hop off a glavenus' tailspin and escape unscathed before
>>
File: 1443964579726.gif (183KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443964579726.gif
183KB, 960x540px
I've done it my Exploit Weakness, CE+2, Crit Up, Razor sharp and my Focus, Crit Up, Crit Draw armorsets are finished.

Now what do I do?
>>
>>151848945
Whoops
I guess the frames start at the apex of the flip or slightly below then continue into the vault

sorry for mucking that up
>>
File: BulldromeMVP.png (184KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
BulldromeMVP.png
184KB, 400x240px
Why are you not soloing your Bulldromes ?
>>
>>151848965
I was talking about it.
>>
>>151847871
doesnt let you less youre hr 8 at least
>>
>>151849097
Find another weapon you like

>>151849119
>Double carting on Bulldrome
Shiggy
>>
>>151849061
Just upgrade your shit mayne, I'm in gunner armor and not even Hyper Rathalos' fireballs can oneshot me.
>>
>>151849097
you're done with the game
>>
File: 1468978585898.png (3KB, 221x160px) Image search: [Google]
1468978585898.png
3KB, 221x160px
>I timed out on multiple quests a lot of times and triple carting also takes up a lot of time
>>
>>151849097
Try out another weapon. Like hammer, lance or CB.
>>
>>151849226
It fucking is upgraded
I've used Adv spheres on everything, and my set is full HR gear, I have <150 defense
>>
>>151849061
It got worse than this if you were Gunning in G-Rank.

They should really bump Gunner armor up a little. This isn't Gen1 where the only things that could even target a gunner were slow-ass basic Rath fireballs and Rath-style charges across the map.
>>
>>151849095
I was told otherwise. Do you know exactly when the i-frames begin and end? The flip is significantly longer than a normal roll, and you definitely don't have invincibility throughout the flip.

>>151849110
Alright, thanks. I guess it's just an approximation then. I would have thought someone came up with a handy frame-by-frame picture or ready explanation by now.
>>
>>151849097
Wait for DLC and grind Hellblade X in the meanwhile.
>>
>>151848319
This faggot >>151848428 is not me. I ain't slow, it's just that every once in a while I try changing weapons or going back and completing low rank quests for dem checkmarks.
>>
>>151849362
from my experience it's invulnerable from the start like the normal roll and for the same amount of time, it just takes longer to recover from than a normal roll
>>
>>151849334
armortalons, armor charms, stop using rarity 4 trash, and more importantly stop fucking getting hit
>>
>>151849358
Gunners always have the advantage of having to be nowhere near a monster. The armor is fine.

at 450 defense I could still take a hit from a 140 jho.
>>
>>151849323
Frogposter, no, please spare him
>>
>>151849497
I'm still HR5, I don't have access to anything better
I even got the Barrage Earring but that has shit defense
>>
>>151849504
t. shitter who never landed a shot at critical distance
>>
File: 1469893648954.png (151KB, 250x330px) Image search: [Google]
1469893648954.png
151KB, 250x330px
after 3 games I'm now realizing sns is used left-handed
>>
THIS THREAD IS LITERALLY DYING RIGHT NOW
>>
>>151849680
Every weapon is you dumb tard
>>
>>151847751
While many monster are described as intelligent or calculating, none of them would have anything on the level of human intelligence or the ability to understand or communicate abstract ideas.

So no, you'd be fucking an animal.
>>
>Long Shots
Why the fuck does this shit even exist, who the hell would ever want to stay at the other side of the map to land shots at their maximum power.
>>
>>151849645
>he actually thinks this.
Sure bud.
>>
>>151849728
UNLOAD THE MONSTER PORN LADS
>>
>>151849862
I can think of a few people.
>>
>>151849781
>Greatsword
>>
>>151849992
>One exception
>>
>>151850047
>>151850047

New bread
>>
>>151849504
"Nowhere near a monster" is ridiculous hyperbole. You tend to be within 2-4 dodgerolls worth of distance. Pretty much every 3rd and 4th generation monster can either directly physically attack you at that distance, or can close the gap in less than a second.

Gunner armor values were decided at a time when, if you saw a monster turn toward you, you had enough time to put away a HBG and run out of the way. Those days are long gone, and it remains really fucking stupid that Gunners at endgame have to use a potion if they're at 135/150 HP.
>>
>>151850052
>EVERY
>>
>>151848641
>Key delayers
t. HR15 faggot
>>
>Finally beat Wrath of Rath
>Seregios busts into my room, grabs my 3DS and throws it out the window
Fuck.
>>
>>151847614
Well I figured out that I can reproduce it by using the C-Stick while its loading something, such as a weapon preview on the upgrade screen.
>>
so to unlock the hyper quests in guild 7 i have to unlock my hr?
>>
What's the highest "dps" combo a long sword user can do if a monster is down for quite a while?

Would doing the entire spirit slash combo over and over out-damage a mix of X downward slashes and R spirit slashes?

Assume unhinged spirit so you have infinite spirit
>>
I'm looking for a palico with the skill World's strongest in Mhgen.
Anyone willing to give me one?
If wanted i can return it after my prowler learned it.
>>
>>151854048
>If wanted i can return it after my prowler learned it.
You're a moron.
Thread posts: 820
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.