[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Stinky Porkman Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 153

Previous thread: >>150183193

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]==<
OP text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!): http://piratepad.net/DWWLxyOdll
Modding FAQ: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
Server list: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiZ4nkhea5nXdERzVXFWVFp1SEN5SjM2WnNwVjZPUEE&usp=sheets_web#gid=0
/mcg/ IRC circlejerk channel: #/mcg/ on Rizon
Skype Apiary: https://join.skype.com/xEyegIrtgwMO

>==[News]==<
- Minecraft 1.10 and Minecraft for W10 released. Nobody cares.
- FyberOptic already ported the modloader "Meddle" to 1.10.
- Better with Mods released: http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/246760-better-with-mods
- An anon released a "diet" Natura fork: https://github.com/Rukachan/Nature
- Thaumcraft Golems retextured as Maids soon.
- Baubles Minus Botania, Thaumic Bases, other forks found here: https://github.com/KryptonCaptain
- Asie's annual minecraft modding convention came around again -
- Featuring booths and discussion panels, check out its after math here! https://btm.unascribed.com/
>>
first for autism
>>
File: Alpine V1-610.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alpine V1-610.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Many CPU Cycles died to bring you this render.
>>
3rd for mod forks
>>
>>150462669
That is damn pretty.
>>
post yer builds
>>
>>150461509
The thing is, I dont really know what to put in there, I havent progressed a lot in my game because I donĀ“t have a clear object, I was messing with Witchery recently.
>>150462232
I dont want to automate, but yeah that might work and if I do automate things, I might use carts for autism and for setting.

If any kind anon want to help me with ideas for things to build?
I would need some suggestions.
>>
>>150462669
Thats suuper cool?
You did the terrain yourself?
Really impressive
>>
>>150463686
Yeah, used worldpainter to make it.
>>
>>150463363
You are right to desire pictures of my pig juice factory.
>>
File: 2016-08-02_21.15.25.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-02_21.15.25.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>150464252
I'm drunk.
>>
>>150464770
retool it for slut juice
>>
>>150464252
>>150464770
what is the meaning of this
>>
>>150465257
pig juice is an up and coming industry in the good land of thatanon'sworld
>>
>>150465169
It spawns Succubii and Dragongrils too ;D
>>
So I have a question.. I want to make farming more interesting and came across two options..
Agricraft and Harvestcraft.
Which one is better or are they worth playing?
>>
File: 2016-08-02_21.32.43.png (987KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-02_21.32.43.png
987KB, 1920x1017px
>>150463363
Just finished the interior. Time to start moving stuff in and wiring it up.

I still haven't made an AE system yet because FUCK doing the inscribers. I even have the plates too.
>>
>>150465257
>>150465412
I'm going to use the rotten flesh from the zombie pigmen to make nutrient distillation. I'll then use the nutrient distillation to kill more pigmen, fuel zombie generators and bottle the excess as health juice to sell to stupid villagers (not really, but I'm having fun).

On that note, what should I do with all the golden swords?
>>
>>150465776
Harvestcraft as in "Pam's Harvestcraft"? If so, that mod just adds a bunch of different foods to craft, but they don't offer much benifit above vanilla foods unless you have Spice of Life installed (a mod that gives diminishing returns when eating the same food over and over again).

Agricraft however lets you add modifications to plants, usually ones to make them grow faster or have a higher yield.

Both could be worthwhile depending on what kind of game you're trying to make for yourself.
>>
>>150466306
I just have a bunch of vanilla enhancer mods to make the game a comfy yet better experience, which one of them is more comfy without going too complex, I heard you can make generators out of Pams food, which I dont wish to aim for.
Just better harvesting without going too complex.
>>
>>150467520
Agricraft might be what you're looking for. Pam's adds lots of ways to craft food, many of which are REALLY good options (Bread + Furnace = Toast, which is much better than basic bread) but for getting food in a more industrial-esque way you can go with Agricraft.

Automating it would require either Forestry (Multiblock farms in Manual:Orchard mode), MineFactory Reloaded (Harvester), or Thaumcraft (Golems). Though just running through your fields picking wheat is a valid option too.
>>
>>150467520
>I heard you can make generators out of Pams food
uh... no?
it's just that as (some of) pam's food have crazy high hunger AND saturation values, sticking them in an extra utilities food generator [makes RF from food depending on their hunger and saturation values] it can get crazy good
>>
how do i torrent this shit with mods now?
>>
>>150469007
>yet another piratefag
just buy it
>>
>>150469073
microsoft shill plz go

>>150469007
if you can find an old version (or decompile) multiMC, i think there's a way to get all the files needed without an account
>>
>>150469007
Usually third party launchers like MultiMc still allow you to use offline mode or not require credentials/accounts to play. You can google other launchers popular launchers, things like technic or ftb's launcher -might- work for this too.
>>
Anyone have good build tutorials or tips on how to build better? I am trying to learn how to make good medieval houses for my village.

I suck at them.
>>
>>150470267
try to reproduce things you saw in like videogames, comic books, TV shows...
i think the d&d arcade games have some things you could take inspiration from
>>
I'm reading a tutorial on making crops and the example had @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) in it without explanation, any idea why someone might want crops to be client side only?
>>
>>150471797
What was the method that the annotation was appended to? Looking at the method, it's cookie trails or call hierarchy should give insight to what it does. I can guess that it's the icon, texture or model code, that's normally what you would be calling from the client only.
>>
>>150472291
It was above this "protected IIcon[] iIcon;", I'm sort of looking stuff up as I go so I wasn't sure what it meant but now that you mention it it's probably the icon.
>>
>hoboserb is back
FUCK YEAH
>>
>>150472792
>hoboserb is back
Hobo's been back for a while...?
>>
>>150469601
as far as I know you must have a valid login token for MultiMC's offline mode to work, so you have to log in with a valid account at least once.
>>
>>150471797
>>150472634
When you do @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) you are basically telling the game 'do not do this on the server'.

since you are working with IICon(), you should be doing this so you register textures only on the client instead of trying to register a texture on the server which will crash the game or just do weird shit.

t. some fag that never finished any mod
>>
>>150472947
i don't really check the general all that often and when i did play it was like a year and a half ago.
>>
>>150473123
What does IICon() do and is it necessary? I've been searching the forge forums and wiki and I can't find anything that plainly states what it is.
>>
>>150466058
Sell them, or mix whatever enchanted swords you have together and rule the land with your 24K blade.

Or burn them.
>>
>>150466058
Do you have Tinker's Construct?

Smash them together to make full swords, toss into smeltery for gold ingots.
>>
File: 1440738785312.gif (2MB, 400x231px) Image search: [Google]
1440738785312.gif
2MB, 400x231px
>>150473123
What mods did you try making anon?
>>
>>150473319
nope I'm retarded you would use IICon and a method from IICon to do Stuff with textures. so for example if you wanted to have a meta-driven texture for a crop you could do something like

>public IIcon getIcon(int side, int meta)
>{
>if (meta < 0 || meta > 7)
>{
>meta = 7;
>}
>int texture;
>switch (meta)
>{
>case 0:case 1: texture = 0; break;
>case 2:case 3: texture = 1; break;
>case 4:case 5: texture = 2; break;
>case 6:case 7: texture = 3; break;
>default: texture = 2;
>}
>return icons[texture];
>}

and assuming you have a block with 8 meta-states it could have 4 textures. or you could do a texture for every state. I just took an example from the wildly popular cornmod that I never finished because what is rendering.

IICon is something you can use to manipulate textures is what I'm getting at. its probably not documented at all, but you could dig around the interface and functions associated with it to learn more about it.
>>
>>150472792
>>150473238
Hoboserb is alive, just under a different manager.
Original hobo tends to pop in at times
>>
I wish mods would stop using shaders in their screenshots so that we could see what it really looks like, since most look shit.
>>
>>150474041
I started with trying to port/clone traincraft, then I scaled down to make my own mod with trains, theeen I decided to do something even simpler which was cornmod.

or acouplecrops if I ever mentioned the actual project name

never got anywhere beyond adding a couple items or a working clone of something else because I cannot learn how to program without a base of knowledge to start from or good documentation that touches on the basics of everything.
>>
File: BASE DESIGN.png (913KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
BASE DESIGN.png
913KB, 1360x706px
So what should I build inside the comfy town?
I have the set out kinda placed just need to build in there, but the town is still a mistery to me.
Any things to add in a medieval steam/electrical age town?
>>
>>150477157
penises
everywhere
>>
>>150477157
what mod(s) are these my man
>>
>>150477157
No town is complete without a brothel.
>>
I need some inspiration. Post the outside of your builds so I can just straight up steal that shit.
>>
>>150477157
Looking at the terrain in the area circled and labeled Comfy town there, I would suggest a kind of keep/ fortified mansion atop the hill towards the top-right border of it as a kind of Mayor's office or other government facility.

Otherwise you can gain a lot of inspiration for how to set up the town by looking at how goods will move through the city, and where things would fall into place because of that.

For example, if this were a real kind of village, your farmed goods may be taken to port as exported items in the case of having excess grains and cash crops like tobacco or cotton (Again, theoretically speaking), so places that might use that like textile working shops, slaughterhouses, and markets for meat and such will be located between the "Possible Farms" section and the "port area"

"Witch stuff would probably be near-avoided by the common people depending on how common magic stuff is, so the townhouses and such will be located towards the bottom-right corner of the boot shape of the "comfy town here" area, with shops and markets nearby, and taverns and inns sandwhiched in the unclaimed space between the port, barracks, and town as beerhalls and bordellos will benefit from all three of those areas.

I hope that comes across clearly, if not I could show what I mean via mspaint.
>>
What theme of music would you give your build if you had to choose? What song would play when looking upon your creation?

Considering the sun theme of mine, along with the light colors and grandness I'm aiming for I'd say this fits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay3EwNGM5yw
>>
File: halp.jpg (44KB, 980x363px) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
44KB, 980x363px
Any idea why it's not recognizing modid?
>>
>>150478679

try MorrowAlchemy.modid.Modidentification.modname instead
>>
>>150473472
I mean yeah I could just have a giant pipe leading out of one side that just dumped the swords into the lava (which sounds way funnier now that I say it out loud so I just might do it), but I'd like to fill up the interior with systemes and doo-hickies. It looks like I can recycle the swords into ingots with the IE arc furnace. However, I do recall trying to grind up a golden chestplate with the IE grinder way back when and it crashed my game so I'm not really confident.

If all else fails, I'll just go with the comedically large pipe that just dumps the shit in the lava.

>>150473795
Having a little golem workshop dedicated to repairing damaged pork swords might be fun and/or quaint.

Between this swinefellow factory and my IE gold vein, soon I'll have way more gold than I know what to do with. Maybe if I could figure out how to make golden scaffolding...
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (56KB, 1166x547px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
56KB, 1166x547px
>>150479068
like this?
>>
File: TOWN DESIGN 2.png (469KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
TOWN DESIGN 2.png
469KB, 1360x706px
>>150477328
BoP for biomes and JourneyMap
>>150477431
heh, its indeed completely needed.
>>150478459
I might have, I worked a close up and did more detailed sections. Your advice really helped.
>>
>>150478679
Your string "modid" is not publicly visible.

>>150479068
>>150479330
That might work in a pinch but for future usage, that's a pretty bad practice.

Ideally you should make a separate class to house your mod references, but you can put it in your main class for now.

>public static final String myModid= "malch";

Then in your @mod you reference (modid = myModid)
And in your other classes you you'd do (MorrowAlchemy.myModid) to refernce it.
>>
I don't think I've asked here before, are there any monster hunter or megaman legends texturepacks/mods that are up to date?
>>
>>150479536
I don't know why I didn't just make a reference class from the start desu, it seems a lot easier than what I was trying to do.
>>
>>150480347
Yeah, that's how most modders end up doing it.
>>
>>150479532
Its a pleasure to help someone plan a city, the inner neckbeard in me enjoys doing it.

For the Witches' Quarter, I would suggest that there be some kind of almost fortification in place separating that district from the rest of the city. Nothing too major, maybe a small wall, and a gate or somesuch, just to show the kind of division between the people and the witches. That said the Witches quarter would benefit from having a kind of college inside of it where people studying can stay, along with a few esoteric shops and buildings that are on the stranger side of things. You could, perhaps, try and align what's in the Witch quarter with what's in the city around it, as that will promote ease of movement throughout your city. So, closer to the Industrial sector of the city will be where more industrious parts of witchcraft reside, while towards the markets and inns there will be the same: restaurants and markets that sell the stranger kinds of goods you don't normally see anywhere else.

The industrial area will benefit from having a mine (I notice there's something like a fissure near the bottom-left of that box, which would work well for that), and a Lumber Mill, both well suited for the location.

Do you have any ready-made examples of the kinds of buildings you'll be using?

I would suggest trying to get a good idea what the footprint of the average building for each sector is like, because that will determine some of the layout for your town.

I think it would be really cool to add a few unique buildings to the town, like maybe a clocktower where the industrial, Market, and Witch sections meet up, a nice church or two, and windmills near the farming areas for decoration.
>>
Ayy haven't modded in forever

Is everything still stuck on 1.7.10?
Do we have trains back yet?
Is there finally a biome mod that isn't shit?
are maids still fun
>>
>>150481102

yes
no
no
we botes now
>>
>>150481743
botes? tell me more
>>
File: 2016-08-02_23.22.42.png (894KB, 1835x791px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-02_23.22.42.png
894KB, 1835x791px
Will this silverwood grow? Without the torches of course.
>>
Planning on making a Pixelmon server for me and a friend or 2 to play on. Any suggestions on additional mods or maps?
>>
A Tinker's Defense update just came out earlier today, with a finalized version of its armor and a block that lets you customize the appearance of your tools so they look like Metallurgy's fancy stuff.
>>
File: 1470167721569.gif (81KB, 219x340px) Image search: [Google]
1470167721569.gif
81KB, 219x340px
>>150481090
Now that you are saying, I might make the witchery thing a fortress full of nature, and I can make it more open by making the entrance a plaza or something were villagers can go and spend time with witches and might put an hospital, school and many things im there. But I will need to do it without ruining my altars power which would be hard.

Totally agree about the industrial, maybe make the lumbers more distant to the town and be hermits like dwarfs.
The fissure is a ravine which is right next to the water, so I need to clear the water in a medieval way, which I dont have it clear how..

On the style of building I havent done a build yet but I expect it to be really mossy variations of stonr (vanilla mossy blocks +chisel) in most parts with some dark woods as an accent (Pixel perfections oak, spruce and dark oak wood planks are all really dark brown.
I dont have time right now to keep but I was planning to make as an atractive place in the middle of the market a statue of a golem holding a clock looking like an oil lamp. Might draw it tomorrow.

I do need more windmillls and Im currently thinking of moving a few things to make the church or make the church in the farms.
>>
File: 2016-08-03_01.40.30.png (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_01.40.30.png
294KB, 1920x1080px
IT'S ALIVE MUAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 2016-08-03_01.40.48.png (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_01.40.48.png
369KB, 1920x1080px
>>150483638
Although not without it's bugs
>>
you guys are no fun

no wonder its ded general
>>
File: 2016-08-03_04.02.53.png (575KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_04.02.53.png
575KB, 1024x576px
There, much better with the Thaumcraft blocks around (too lazy to try figuring out what to do with the walls). I moved the future Automagy thing to the room on the right.

And apparently, I can't break warded glass set down by the wand from Helper Tools, but I can still use the wand again to swap it for other stuff so it isn't a huge problem.
>>
>>150483638
>>150483754
You the alchemy dude?
>>
File: memes.png (14KB, 430x191px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
14KB, 430x191px
The memes are real, boys.
>>
>>150485552
Yup, currently frankensteining my way to a recolored potato.
>>
File: overview.png (368KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
overview.png
368KB, 1024x768px
Made a whole bunch of minecraft mobs with clay recently.

http://imgur.com/a/bPlso
>>
/mcg/ what is your favourite texture pack? Mine is Pixel Perfection.
>>
File: passive_cow.png (177KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
passive_cow.png
177KB, 1024x768px
>>150487473

There's even a video about it :^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ybclnpOyNs
>>
>>150487473
These are really cute, nice work man
>>
File: char_littlemaid.png (203KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
char_littlemaid.png
203KB, 1024x768px
>>150487473
Asie thinks he can delete his tweets from me...
>>
File: zoo_ducks.png (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
zoo_ducks.png
165KB, 1024x768px
>>150487473
"KWEK!"
>>
File: blackwater_castle.png (499KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
blackwater_castle.png
499KB, 1024x768px
>>150487473
This one was inspired by lego's Black Monarch castle I had as a kid.
>>
File: ClayDrill.jpg (166KB, 1572x836px) Image search: [Google]
ClayDrill.jpg
166KB, 1572x836px
This whole time I've been the only guy to posess hardened clay and I didn't even know it had a fucking use somewhere other than landscaping.
>>
>>150487598
i fucking hate log.zip
>>
File: 1464136019089.jpg (158KB, 396x557px) Image search: [Google]
1464136019089.jpg
158KB, 396x557px
>here's a tutorial on how to make a thing
>oh by the way, I'm going to assume you know enough to not actually need a tutorial
>>
File: TrainSerbHMIoil.jpg (411KB, 1569x838px) Image search: [Google]
TrainSerbHMIoil.jpg
411KB, 1569x838px
2 months after I started it, phase one of my chemical storage facility is complete.

Fuck, I'm going to need tons of steel for this.
>>
File: 2016-08-03_06.21.17.png (731KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_06.21.17.png
731KB, 1366x768px
i see you
>>
>need Centaurs for reasons
>look up mods with centaurs
>decide to try Grimoire of Gaia
>end up swarmed by pointless-ass monsters
>immediately remember why I quit using it so quickly the last time
I'm even in Creative Mode, they're just fucking annoying.
>>
>>150492793
Default spawn rates for anything in GoG are ridiculous. Try lowering them to half or a quarter.
>>
>>150492872
try lowering them to 0
>>
File: ɘliį†æ.png (115KB, 1034x637px) Image search: [Google]
ɘliį†æ.png
115KB, 1034x637px
Is it even possible to make a map of TFC world? I need it as picture for reasons. Cartograph_g refused to do anything with it and shot himself. MCAmap says this thing is too big for him to take and Mapcrafter barfs picrelated.
>>
going to be without internet for a while. how would trainserb pack be for ssp?
>>
>>150488050
Is this in Chunkworld V4?

Also whenever I try to open Chunkworld in 1.8.9 it just boots me to the titlescreen, what version is Chunkworld compatible with?

Thank you Noodlor, your designs are simply awesome to look at.
>>
>>150466058
Melt them down either into thaumcraft aspects or some grindary/smeltery.
>>
Why do most mod makers refuse to provide a content list of most of that their mod includes? I don't care if you somehow feel the need to spoiler your very endgame content, but your primary content needs to be well showcased.
>>
>>150498513

>adds many new blocks and items :)
>the description ends there
>>
>>150498513
Agreed. The whole point of modding is to play Minecraft with certain extra features. If we don't know what those features are, then why bother with the mod?

It's why I like it when mod makers have wiki's (or when they're part of modpacks that have wiki's). I can look through the blocks, mods, equipment, etc. and see if it's something that I'd like to play with, and if it fits the theme I'm going for in my game.

All of that coy "You'll just have to find out for yourself ;)" bullshit is not going to fly with me.
>>
>>150487520
vanilla
>>
File: 2016-01-17_16.36.26.png (1MB, 1680x988px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17_16.36.26.png
1MB, 1680x988px
I seem to be getting a memory leak.

[07:55:35] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Detected ongoing potential memory leak. 100 packets have leaked. Top offenders
[07:55:35] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: DIPotionEffects : 99
[07:55:35] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: RFToolsChannel : 1

Im assuming that is Damage Indicators Potion effects since I have no other mod with those initials. Anyone gotten this issue b4?
>>
File: 2016-07-28_00.35.29.png (480KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-28_00.35.29.png
480KB, 1366x768px
>>150482795
What version are you using? Because I've got an Apricorn tree mod in the works, but I'm building it on 1.10.
>>
Are there any small mods that add in an easy way to get ender pearls? Trying to go through botania, and having to wait for endermen to spawn is getting aggravating.
>>
>>150506062
my mod
>>
>>150506062
ExU Enderlilies. Seeds can be found as dungeon loot. Can be planted on Dirt, Grass, End Stone and another ExU block that I forgot. Bone Meal doesn't help it grow, and Watering Cans actually reverse the growth progress.
>>
>>150487473
>>150487598
>>150487839
>>150488050
I tought you abandoned us, glad to see you havent left the comfy circlejerk :^)
The statues are really cute, you can work with bigger onea as a next project and the castle gives me goood inspo senpai.
Thanks
>>
File: 2016-07-23_09.11.24.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-23_09.11.24.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>150485234
>pedestals not arranged in a circular formation
There's not anything mechanically wrong with that, but...I guess I'm just surprised I haven't seen that before.

The greatwood looks nice. If you have IE, treated wood looks nice with greatwood. Cook up some nitor and you're on cruise control for cool.
>>
>>150508397
Thanks, anon
>>
File: 2016-08-03_11.41.54.png (294KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_11.41.54.png
294KB, 1024x576px
It's made out of bones so I call it the Boner Armor.
>>
File: Alpine V12-866.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alpine V12-866.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
More render. This isn't the entire map unfortunately, don't have enough RAM to do that.
>>
>>150510153
Boner armor would be the 2nd tier of bone armor.

>Bone armor
>Boner armor
>Bonest armor
>>
File: 2016-08-03_10.48.24.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_10.48.24.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Should my essentia locus display more aspects or have I hit the limit?
>>
>>150509415
>pedestals not arranged in a circular formation
I've started doing that some time ago, circles are probably magic and stuff but they get boring fast. I'd rather do interesting but still symmetrical designs with the pedestals (or just set them down in a straight line sometimes).
>>
>>150510614
>can't make armor out of necrotic bones for the biggest blackest boner armor

also >>150510153
>crashes with thaumic horizons for no goddamn reason if you try and put a sigil on a shield

>>150512169
It can go higher. If it's not working, check your locus setup for not having enough crystals, eyes bound in wrong spots, etc.
>>
>>150512169
I see a lot has happened in Thaumcraft while I've cold turkeyed MC. Again.
>>
I'm trying to figure out how you'd put Dungeons/Raids into an MMO-like vanilla command block powered map.

Fetch quests, kill quests, go to quests. Those are all really easy and work well. I can't simply have treasure placed in chests (it only exists once in that case) but I can have treasure be dropped as part of the quest just fine. Scoreboarding that works.

But full Dungeons/Raids? This presents a problem. They can't be instanced, so only 1 group can run them at a time. I need the entire dungeon to reset once players leave. Scoreboard variables are player-specific, not global, but I really need global variables to manage such a system.
>>
>>150512638
Instanced dungeons in micro dimensions is easy enough, or have distant "wasteland" biomes that are overwritten with the quest.

I forgot which mod did it but one created a quest chunk that literally could only be found by going to somewhere you've never explored and generating the chunk AFTER the quest was started.
>>
>>150512324
There's some wonky shit with that update involving Thaumic Horizons and Thermal Expansion for some reason, turn the TC compatibility off in Tinker's Defense and it shouldn't crash anymore.
>>
What's a good modpack that isn't just a bunch of mods thrown together messily? Be it magic, tech, or a mixture of both.
>>
>>150513965
The one you make?
>>
>>150513306
Did you not see "vanilla"?

Also, the map is fixed. I can't have quests that rely on generating chunks.
>>
>>150514603
Mine always end up as a bunch of mods thrown together messily.
>>
>>150514676
Vanilla-flavor is significantly different from true vanilla. You're either going to spawn the quest target in some abandoned mineshaft or random cave and the location has no meaning or preparation. Or you need to use some form of MCEdit to either overwrite a chunk or create a vanilla looking pocket dimension for your purposes.
>>
>>150514982
That's not how the map works at all.

I'm literally going to build a dungeon on the map for a fixed team of players to run through. Just like theme park MMOs. I know I can't do instancing. I just need to figure out how to ensure the Dungeon properly resets after use when I can't use any scoreboard variables to track progress (scoreboard variables are player-specific, not dungeon-specific)
>>
>>150512384
Pfff Azanor wishes he came up with the essentia locus. It's from a Thaumcraft addon called Automagy. It's a must have if you plan on doing even the simplest automation with a magic theme.

>>150512324
>If it's not working, check your locus setup for not having enough crystals
I have crystals on both top and bottom side of the silverwood planks. I'll probably end up taking the whole damn thing apart.
>not having enough crystals, eyes bound in wrong spots
That's the one part I've tested the most. I have 4 rows of jars/reservoirs surrounding the locus. I tried binding 1 eye each to each side, but the locus stopped adding aspects after the 3rd eye. I then tried putting a single jar between 2 sides and binding the eyes to just those 2 jars, but again it seemed to just hit a wall at the number displayed in my other screenshot.

Fuck it. Imma just redo it.
>>
fucking gold is way more valuable than diamonds.
>>
>>150515172
You'd have to use Resonant Rise, Ruins or some equivalent to just paste down a fresh instance of the whole dungeon.
>>
>>150515729
1. No. Not going to use these.
2. The "Clone" command already exists in vanilla minecraft.
>>
Bump for Logistics Pipes + Warp Itemducts being fucking beautiful
>>
>>150515939
>The "Clone" command already exists in vanilla minecraft
Lol than what the hell are you asking us for help then.
>>
>>150520643
Cloning it isn't the same as instancing it.
>>
>>150520978
If you're going to have multiple instances running at the same time, your going to need clones yes? Group A enters spooky dungeon and are put into instance A, group B enters the same spooky dungeon and are put into instance B right? They can't all be in the same dungeon at the same time yes?
>>
File: 1450151173157.gif (398KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
1450151173157.gif
398KB, 375x305px
>>150520978
>>150515939
Well good luck figuring it out yourself then, faggot. Let us know if you find a solution better than the myriad of quality solutions offered to you already.
>>
So is it okay if I install Tinkers at the middle of a run? I want to use Tinkers Defence because of the new update.
>Not only does it makes Mine and Blade shields now
>You can have 4 different kinds of armours
>All look good and are really functional
>New Tinkers Wrench
>New Shears
>Version: 1.7.10
Looks awesome if you ask me.
>>
>>150522651
Reminder that you can also customize the looks of those armors, with things like horns, wings, boner plates and whatever. It's great.
>>
File: Ys_VI_Livart.jpg (9KB, 99x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ys_VI_Livart.jpg
9KB, 99x500px
>>150522651
>>150523361
Can I turn off the modifier textures? I wanted a long blue scimitar but when you add quartz it just looks white; Not the look I was going for.
>>
>>150523894
I clicked the options and didn't see anything like that, so maybe your best bet is still using a resource pack.
>>
>>150523894
make a resource pack with transparent modifier textures?
>>
So is there a way to turn vanilla tools into tinkers ones?
Im new to Tinkers but apparently it makes the vanilla tools obsolete.
>>
>>150524779
>>150524484
Apparently this is what I'll have to do.

>>150526738
You don't turn vanilla tools into tinkers tools, you just make new tinkers tools that are upgradeable (think Enchantments) though the use of materials. They are usually faster, stronger, and just overall better than anything you can make in vanilla.
>>
>>150527070
Is there atleast a way I can get rid of them and get something?
I have a few diamond tools that I dont want to be lost. Other things arent that important.
>>
>>150528468
Why not just hold on to them as an emergency backup set? In case you are out in the field and die, and need to suit up immediately?
>>
>>150487598
i find this relaxing to look at
thats a good moo
>>
>>150528787
My diamond tools now have a durability of negative.
My pickaxe has a durability of -49 when it had almost full durability.
Same with my sword.
FUG
Any help on that?
>>
>>150487520
My Default Desire's really good for comfy vanilla play. And then (Vanilla/Pure)BDCraft is nice for mixing things up sometimes if you want something smoother.
>>
>>150526738
>>150530535
Did you add Iguana's Tinker Tweaks?

Tinker's Construct does not modify vanilla tools by default. you can configure it to, of course
>>
>>150531287
I did on an earlier run but disabled it, I will try readding the mods and deleting the configs.
>>
>>150510153
this tfc?
looks comfy af
>>
>>150531287
>>150531882
FIXED IT, NICEEEE.

I stopped using Tinkers because I couldnt make tools of stone which fucked me because I needed it for the iron.
Iguanas a shit desu, and it left its autism even after deleting it.
>>
>>150510461
what do you use to render? and how well does it work with mod blocks?
>>
>>150532116
But thats wrong. Tweaks a best, you just have to config it.

But yeah, default tweaks a shit.
>>
>>150531882
well that's not gonna change the fact you now have tools with fucked up durability. its a note for the future--don't use Iggy's Tweaks if you want vanilla tools to be relevant.

as for your tools, they're basically fucked unless you have a program that can edit NBT files so you can mess with your player.dat to restore them to sane numbers.
>>
>>150532270
>>150532335
They are fixed and yeah I dont want to spend time tweaking tinkers, so basically removing configs and reinstalled fixed it.
>>
>>150510461
A wallpaper version would be very appreciated.
>>
>>150462669
The snow cutoff is ugly. Should be painted by area, not elevation. It would add some diversity in the snow range, e.g. more snow in valleys and on the northern sides.
>>
Can Tinker tools be enchanted?
It would be top MAWPC if so.
>>
>>150487839
Ducks
Such magnificent creatures
Every week you see them swim
And you cry
For only ducks can truly perceive reality
Glorious Ducks
>>
>>150506062
endercrop.

Basically enderlilies from ExU without all the bloat.

Requires you combine an enderpearl with seeds and presto, you have seeds for enderpearls.
>>
>>150534486
Nope, their only 'balance' point. They're already rediculously strong, so enchanting them would be almost pointless.
>>
>>150535815
Many thanks. It really, really helps
>>
>>150532884
It's already 1920x1080. How could I make it more wallpaper than it already is?
>>
How did they manage to break combat in 1.9 and 1.10 even worse than it already was? Fighting silverfish and endermen is so goddamn aggravating now. And I think that the power meter is handled client side so cheaters can just run mods to disable it and cheat the fuck out of PVP.

It really pisses me off how those Mojang fuckers keep their jobs and hire more and more of the same circlejerk modding retards.
>>
>>150539161
Microsoft jew bucks now
Doesnt matter if they fuck up the game or not.
Besides they are slowly starting to steer into the Windows 10 version, which is at least written in a good, versatile language
>>
>>150539161
"break combat"
Autists, capable of analyzing mechanics, aren't the target audience - stupid kids are.
I'd imagine their thrilled by the amazing wonderful changes.
>>
>>150539598
>implying mojang is capable of intentionally targeting any audience
>implying mojang isn't a consistence blunder
>implying any developer at mojang has any professional experience outside of phone games and modding
>>
>>150539783
Mojang isn't the one who decides the target audience, that's microsoft.
And microsoft wants minecraft to be for the kiddies.
And for modding to be .json editing only, so that legitimate retards can still attempt it.
>>
>>150540008
modding wasn't, isn't, and will never be targeted at kids.

microsoft doesn't tell mojang who to target the game at. microsoft is doing its own thing with pocket and win10. mojang is just retardedly bad at making games, there's no strategy from that camp.
>>
File: 2016-08-03_15.51.46.png (404KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_15.51.46.png
404KB, 1360x706px
So I have been doing some plans for my city and tried some buildings, this might be a blacksmith shop and place.
>>
Most professional studios wouldn't hire anyone out of Mojang after seeing their development practices anyway, so they'll all be demoted back to grunt work eventually which is much more on their skill level. We've discussed this kind of thing extensively where I work, and Mojang screwups is literally part of the training of new employees now.
>>
>>150539394
No mods. No modding.
Java is easy to mod on, for C/C++ (that's what W10 version is in?) you would have to write mods in assembly and apply binary patches. Good luck.
Unless they implement Mod API
>>
>>150540894
>dat skybox

I NEED it
>>
>>150541404
why would any modder who's spoiled by full access to the game ever care about a mojang API? when that happens I think you can pretty much declare that modding is dead. all that'd be left is kids.
>>
File: rare tropical frog.jpg (50KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
rare tropical frog.jpg
50KB, 700x700px
>>150540980
Tell me more about these screwups and training in your job.
>>
>>150539161
Jump before striking for critical hits you idiot.
>>
>>150541865
Combat system is fixed then, I love Mojang now.
>>
>>150541404
>Unless they implement mod API
Going to the C/C++ version might enable this, though I'm not holding my breath. Someone made the implication that the "Modding API" is Resource Pack reliance, and it's kind of a sad future if that's the truth.
>>
>>150541682
It's the Pixel Perfection resource pack. Use it with Optifine to get the skybox.

It's my favourite resource pack :)
>>
page 10
how shocking
>>
>>150546879
>Page 2
175 / 36 / 48 / 2
>>
File: the fuck is this captcha.png (40KB, 313x244px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck is this captcha.png
40KB, 313x244px
>>150547131
Get it right
176 / 36 / 48 / 5
>>
>>150546879
post content then, shithead
>>
File: 2016-01-21_17.44.09.png (2MB, 1680x988px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21_17.44.09.png
2MB, 1680x988px
What are you ppl build preferences?
Do you like to just build a shitty shack and then burrow and do the rest underground?
Build big castles/towns to live in and then try to populate and use the rooms/houses?
Do you build into a mountain and make a base with its shape or just a hole in the wall?
Do you like to just get prebuilt things from planetmc and fix them up to your tastes?

What about decoration heavy, med or light?

I like heavy deco but functional.
I like to star doing my own thing and once Im satisfied with the looks Ill move base to either fix something up from a schematic or do another big build. Pic is my mountain base from a pack I lost.
>>
>>150544183
Pixel Perfection is fine for megabuilds where you're not up close, but in a regular game it looks fucking awful.
>>
File: 2016-08-03_17.27.44.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_17.27.44.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>150546879
>Finish base
>Decide to upgrade reactor before moving shit in
Kill me. I still don't even want to go through the memes that is AE2, and am seriously considering just having LogiPipes in the floor. Why did AE2 seriously have to gregtech the fuck out of itself.
>>
>>150550098
Different anon here, I love that resource pack as well but IT'S SO FUCKING GRAINY AAAAA
My current favorite is Unity, looks just like vanilla but actually looks good. It also thankfully doesn't suffer from something that affects a few other resource packs, where they try so hard to unify everything that literally every single mod looks exactly the same.
>>
>>150550364
I don't know, man. I miss the massive autocrafting cube myself.
>>
>>150551805
True, and even though right now it's a massive autocrafting flower (Watch anything that Soaryn does with AE2) starting out is SUCH A FUCKING HASSLE. Ugh. It's easier to work Logipipes than it is to work AE2, even though AE2 is much more feature robust.
>>
>>150553247
Setting LP's autocrafting up and watching your autismwall while crafting something complex feels fucking great, while you can see individual recipes being crafted on AE it's nowhere close to being the same.
>>
Speaking of AE, could someone explain P2P tunnels? Neither the wiki nor the video were exactly clear on how they work.
>>
>>150555302
Nonsanity's tutorial is probably the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-SQ0AvGA7c
>>
File: DtkidsO.png (370KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DtkidsO.png
370KB, 1024x768px
>>150550024
I usually build on a single chunk, make staircase on its edges and keep everything underground, except the top floor.
I usually put Nether portal at the very bottom, somewhere near bedrock, forge above, little farm somewhere near top.

Depending on what I plan on next, I can sometimes build some little town on the surface. I don't think I have autism to build huge things.

I absolutely hate ugly, plain walls around cities.

I usually have some simple design ideas I follow, from time to time adding new techniques I learned. Recently I took some inspiration from Noodlor and I think I will start building not 3 high, but 4-5+ high interiors from now on. His buildings feel really nice and spacious. I liked that.
>>
/mcg/'s thoughts on buildcraft?
>>
There's page 10 again.
>>
>>150559346
Not useful anymore, the quarry is MAWPC, but it has refused to die even though its really old.
>>
File: 2016-08-03_19.09.27.png (237KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_19.09.27.png
237KB, 854x480px
I dug some holes.
>>
>>150559761
What should I use in it's place?
>>
>>150560726
Second this question. Specifically, what other mod offers an equivalent of the builder?
>>
>>150560653
Now build a scaffolding system to move between the holes, and portion off the holes to rent as living spaces for asians
>>
>>150559761
>>150560726
Buildcraft still has its uses here and there, from Oil in worldgen (a good fuel source until you get a sustainable end-game option) to a myriad of useful blocks (Flood Gate, Pump, Builder, and the aformentioned Quarry) and a library API that is used by a few other mods, most notably Logistics Pipes.

Replacements would be Extra Utilities for the quarry (Server-friendly, more options), Project Red (For LogiPipe-esque functionality), Mekanism (Digital Miner and Pipes), Thermal Dynamics (Pipes), and Galacticraft (Oil generation underground instead of spouts).

Though I don't think anything can replace the Builder for making large blocks to work with, aside from just building them with a builder's wand.
>>
>>150559346
the gates are nice, the oil is cool and most mods are compatible with it, good for filling in gaps in yiur mods without needing oregen or an intensive tech tree.
>>
>>150561550
kek
>>150561686
You are right, must of the things it has many others have already done it in different/better ways like TE or EnderIO for pipes, pumps,robots (still dont know how they work) are in other mods too, the thing I dont see it can be replaced is the builder and kinda the oil, is a really small mod but really useful, maybe thats why it hasnt died when most of the tech mods have what BC has.
>>
File: 2016-07-31_04.25.36.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-31_04.25.36.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
ded
>>
File: 2016-07-31_17.27.40.png (330KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-31_17.27.40.png
330KB, 854x480px
Ugh. I've put so much effort into something that looks like shit.
>>
>>150563265
I think it's stuck around because it's that comfy mod that everybody knows how to work. No excessive microcrafting (aside from the gears) and things just work as intended. Sure, graduating into more technical mods is a good thing, but for the people that are coming from 1.2.5 or even Beta, they knew Buildcraft. They knew how to operate it and what it was capable of, and use it for a comfy start.

Yes, it's being overshadowed. But sometimes people look for something comfortable in a sea of madness and cling to it. Like finding cinnamon rolls in Chinatown; You don't know what the fuck all this is, but you know these and they make you happy.
>>
>>150568894
I think you just described my way of thinking, I know there are better options for things but I always go for the ones that are more comfy.
However I have seen many people with that point of view, and yeah its true, and not so many look for comfy simple mods so thats why its in mostly every pack yet never used.
>>
So just started Tinkers, which materials are good but not really MAWPC?
Like good tools that dont auto repair themselves with RF but that are durable and efficient
>>
>>150569915
There's just better pipe options out there (EiO for compacting designs, Mek for ease of use and price, TD for functionality) but things like Project Red and Logistics Pipes are just so fucking COMFY. Especially with Applied Energistics being so simplified (Everything's digital, so we can just have this giant computer craft everything we need) whereas if you have a Logistics Pipes system in place and you send out a complex craft, it won't whine and say "Oh I don't have enough processing power to do that!" but if it has the materials it just GOES. And like >>150554563 said, watching the autismwall light up with the craft request is just a completely satisfying feel that you can't get with AE2.
>>
>>150570738
Manyullin for toughness and damage, cobalt for general speed, and ardite for speed increase as it degrades.

If you want to have a bit of auto-repair (and it IS slow) to conserve those rare materials, then you can use moss modifiers.
>>
>>150570738
If you're 1.10.2 you can make a decent pick with a wood tool rod and stone binding and whatever head. The wood gives autorepair at the cost of the occasional annoyance of receiving 0 damage when using, the stone halves the material to repair the tool.

A hammer with lots of redstone-haste is for your primary mining, and a fortune pick for diamonds and redstone/lapis/etc. I wouldn't bother with auto-repair on the hammer.
>>
>>150568459
Is it glass?
Add some trees, make some holes, with trees piercing through, place a lot of vines. You can make pretty decent abandoned domes out of this.
I don't see if they are floating, but you could connect them all with bridges to the tower in the middle.
>>
File: plains.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
plains.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone able to recommend a modpack for me? I haven't really played since MC 1.2.5 with TC2 and IC2, so I don't know enough contemporary mods to compile my own.

I didn't really like TC3, so if there's something more like TC2 out, I'd really go for that.
>>
>>150568459
change the floor to base and 1 layer of grass.
Use them for apiculture
>>
>>150568894
I still use the pipes occasionally
>>
>>150572194
No one liked TC3.
With TC4 it's still got the research system, but you can enable a cheat item, or just get a mod that disables it entirely.
It's also got tubes back, but their logic is hard to learn, few infographs for it.
Blightfall is a TC4 centered Hardcore questing mode modpack - basically it has quests and shit - on the FtB launcher.
Entire world is tainted or something.
You might like that one.
>>
File: 2016-08-03_21.07.52.png (419KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_21.07.52.png
419KB, 1360x706px
Anyone knows how to fix this or why it happens? Messing in creative with TiDefense I tried an armor and it looks like pic related.

>>150571372
1.7.10 senpai

>>150571238
And what about other materials? like not high tier but good tier?
>>
>>150572930
>Other materials
ExtraTiC + Metallurgy? Check your lists and see what you got. Otherwise, Manullyn/Alumite/Steel would probably be your bread and butter. Cobalt gets a nice nod for being the fastest in base TiC, but ExtraTiC brings in some faster ones.
>>
>>150572930
steel is fine if you can get it
>>
File: the fuck is this.png (90KB, 204x214px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck is this.png
90KB, 204x214px
Uh...
http://pixelmonmod.com/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=22441
Is this a fucking microtransaction?
>>
>>150573652
As per the EULA, Microtransactions can not be for the advancement of anybody within base minecraft parts. I believe.

So you can offer a stack of copper ingots for a dollar and MC can't say anything because the copper is the asset of the mod, not of Mojang.
>>
>>150573652
someone email microsoft's legal division
>>
>>150574067
Well, technically speaking, they do sort of take ownership of things that are built upon Minecraft, so it could technically count. I mean, they DID smack down modded servers in their microtransaction blacklist, so this server could end up in trouble for using this kind of plugin. Especially since they didn't actually deliver the thing.
>>
>>150574480
Of course. But that was the loophole we went with when they started that EULA Crackdown on the server I used to Admin; Only selling modded items for real currency.
>>
File: PFAW.png (228KB, 651x334px) Image search: [Google]
PFAW.png
228KB, 651x334px
>>150574662
It's a bit of a stretch, but maybe.
>read through the EULA to see if there's any applicable language
>there's a part in it that basically says "DON'T USE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE, GUYS!"
Guess 2b2t violates the EULA now.
>>
>>150575140
>there's a part in it that basically says "DON'T USE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE, GUYS!"
oh fug that's how microsoft is going to kill any good serbs/mods
>>
>>150483508
bump because this is cool

do you really need M&B to install it?
>>
>>150575140
>>150575214
yeah thats impossible to enforce.

who is going to crawl for cursing violations? also as someone with two accounts containing "nigger" and as a longtime player of that particular server, i doubt (and fear) that day would come.
>>
>>150575974
they don't need to prove it, they just need to say that it happened.
>>
ayy page 10 lmao
>>
>>150575974
TUNA IS THE MOST KAWAII ON 2B2T
>>
File: 2015-04-17_16.10.44.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-17_16.10.44.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>150568459
It happens, Anon. Just gotta learn from your gigantic mistakes and move on. Pic related. It didn't look much better without the texture pack...
>>
>>150561686
>>150568894
I've never used buildcraft and sorta want to get into it. Should I, or should I get what is starting to replace it?
>>
File: 2016-08-03_22.20.01.png (470KB, 1280x898px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_22.20.01.png
470KB, 1280x898px
I'm having some trouble implementing Forerunner-esque designs into my build. How's this looking so far?
>>
>>150578949
Did they ever use stone or rocks? I seem to recall more sleek metallic surfaces in Forerunner ruins.
>>
>>150578767
get buildcraft and see how it fits the way you play.
>>
>>150579067
Yeah, as far as I'm aware all Forerunner constructions were metallic. Only problem is both Minecraft and Chisel has pretty shit metal colors and textures, so I have to use stone a lot.
>>
Does anyone here play 7 Days To Die?
Is there a general for that?
>>
>>150580415
no
no
>>
>>150579298
That's the thing, I've never really used complicated tech type mods before, and don't know where to start. Is there a wiki?
>>
>>150581196
buildcraft is literally the simplest tech mod in existence
>>
How are Thaumcraft's Arcane Lamps for FPS?
The whole "create additional light sources" bit makes me a little worried to use them as a standard source.
>>
>>150583348
They just create a bunch of small, invisible light blocks if an area is below a certain light threshold
Haven't had any problems with them myself
>>
>>150584325
That's good to know. I remember the old factorization flood lights doing something like that and absolutely murdering the area they were in.
My poor old computer doesn't need any more help than is necessary to make a map unplayable.

Now I just need to figure out a way to stabilize my alter.
>>
File: 2016-08-03_23.49.03.png (452KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_23.49.03.png
452KB, 1360x706px
Seriously, is it normal that Tinkers armour looks transparent?
I dont really like this.
>>
>>150586374
optifine?
>>
>>150586410
Its only with Defenses armor so might be that its a test release.
>>150510153
Did you had the same problem as I do?
>>
>>150561686
automagy has the thirsty tank that somewhat works like a pump
>>
>>150587879
Also Mekanism's pump
>>
>>150561686
> anything can replace the Builder

Expanding rod from HelperTools comes close.

RFTools has its own Builder with about the same range of options.

OpenBlocks has an Enhanced Building Guide that has way, way more options, but doesn't build automatically - you have to put an autoclicker like an AA on it to turn it into a builder. Much cheaper on power too.
>>
>>150578949
>>150579771
Well, I think you're getting the overall aesthetic pattern right.
>>
File: 2016-05-13_22.57.29.png (241KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-13_22.57.29.png
241KB, 854x480px
>>150592594
Well that's good to know. I've yet to really start on any Forerunner megastructures yet, but it's in the works.

I'm still trying to find other block types to use to break up the monotony of grey without using colors or textures that don't fit.
>>
>>150592929
>looking good so far
>>
>>150559761
If BC's quarry is MAWPC, what are the ender quarry from Extra Utilities, the builder from RFTools, the digital miner from Mekanism and the ritual of magnetism from Blood Magic?
>>
>>150596858
I'm working on a long tunnel now, going to have Forerunner structures with actual use within it along with a large light bridge spanning a chasm to another area. First area is going to be roughly 90 blocks long, then the bridge will span around another 50, and the connecting side will be roughly 90 as well.

Plus a maybe... 70 high ceiling. All underground.
>>
>>150597404
The BC's quarry is about what BC's playstyle, in my view, came out to be: pushing the difficulty from acquiring resources to logistics and planning when creating massive constructions and powering the machinery necessary to create them. That is why, historically, the logistics side of BC (pipes) was complex and full of traps, while the machinery (quarry/filler/builder) was slightly quirky but rather workable. This was also roughly the balance of old Tekkit, with mods like EE2 making the acquiring part even easier, but nothing like Applied Energistics or even Logistics Pipes (until 1.4.7) in sight.
>>
>>150575819
Looks like you don't, but then you'll miss out on the shields. Not that they're anything too amazing either though.
>>
>>150597886
cool, thanks
>>
File: 2016-08-04_06.45.07.png (338KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_06.45.07.png
338KB, 1024x576px
I had a large Nether brick box lying around so I put a few villagers inside of it.
Is it still possible to turn this into a jew breeder? I don't want to open the roof up or change those glass blocks.
>>
>>150602695
shove a fuck ton of doors under it and a villager among the doors, iirc thats how you do it
>>
>>150604712
Pretty sure those doors need to be exposed to the sky on the outside.
>>
File: 2016-08-04_08.33.55.png (311KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_08.33.55.png
311KB, 1024x576px
>>150604712
I have no idea how this works, but putting a jew in something above them seems to have made them start breeding.
>>
>>150592929
Yeah, this definitely looks like a forerunner structure
>>
>>150539092
I mean, with some close from certains areas,
>>150462669 is already my wallpaper, it's awesome!
>>
>>150483508
>having both thaumic horizons (1.1.9) and thermal expansion (4.1.3-246) in your modpack removes thaumium as a tinker material.

FUCK
>>
>>150613038
reverting back to 1.1.6 should fix things right?
>>
>>150613638
(as someone else already said in the thread) disabling TC integration in tinker's defense solves the issue

but at the same time it makes cloth armor kind of useless

and no, the issue is already there with 1.1.6
>>
>>150614521
thats fucking bullshit
>>
>>150614816
the worst is that (afaik)
kenzington [Horizons guy] has been MiA for MONTHS and
teamCOFH [thermal guys] are a bunch of asses.
So only Lance [tinker's defense guy] has a chance to fix the clusterfuck
>>
>>150615047
does it remove thamium as a material for what?
Thamium is only used to make tools right? meaning you can make a thamium pickaxe anymore through TiC?
>>
>>150615238
Something about the thaumium material registration fucks up while starting the game up, so nope everything about Thaumium is gone. Apparently, even if you don't mind losing thaumium you'll still crash while trying to apply the TC modifiers to your stuff so all we can do is wait for the TD dev to fix this problem while disabling the TC integration.
>>
>>150615432
so, by disabling the Tc integration in the tinker's defense config, what exactly goes away? The ability to add thaumium as modifiers or outright building tools with thaumium?
>>
>>150615903
Only the three new TC-related modifiers from TD, which are vis repair, Goggles of Revealing on TD helmets, and something else I forgot.
>>
File: 2016-01-16_18.47.30.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-16_18.47.30.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Bump
>>
>>150616462
Vis repair, Goggles of Revealing, and Vis discounts
>>
>>150618319
Immersive engi, chisel and growthcraft?
>>
I just want a friendly server with light pvp, no land claiming, no one being a huge dick, and plenty of resources and room to build

is that too much to ask
>>
>>150621138
lol, yeah
>>
>>150621138
also like 50 players
>>
>you will never be invited to mindcrack
>>
>>150622112
>mindcrack
>2016
underage get out
>>
File: 2016-08-04_11.53.12.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_11.53.12.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
Is zombie survival still a thing? Using the Broville BPD police station for a adventure mode zombie scenario.

Zombies and police stations. where have I seen this before?
>>
File: 2016-08-04_12.03.32.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_12.03.32.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>150622897
yep
>>
so mcg. I'm trying to make a 1.7.10 pack where shit like iron is scarce as far as "shit you can mine for", so you have to go poking around roguelikes n' shit like that looking for loot to dismantle. but I kinda hit a snag. I can't seem to find anything to allow earlygame access to uncrafting of armor/weapons/etc. everything I've seen has been MUH BALUNSE'd all to hell, or makes the game drag like hell starting up for undiscernable reasons.
mod suggestions pls.
>>
>>150625826
the easiest is probably Twilight forest's uncrafting table, so go loot some mounds!
>>
>>150625826
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/deconstruction-table

Requires two iron and a diamond, but it lets you dismantle anything and everything; Even damaged stuff.
>>
>>150625826

Thermal Recycling with a max quality core lets you disassemble 100%

This is probably what you're looking for in terms of early access to uncrafting, all it needs is a diamond and 2 iron:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1288946-1-8-1-7-10-1-7-2-1-6-4-1-5-2-forge-deconstruction
>>
>>150626427
>>150625826
Seconding this one. Use and abuse the fuck out of it in SP
>>
So hows Metallurgy in combination of Tinkers?
I heard that it has compat with it.
Are the Metallurgy ores actually functional or comfy to use atleast?
>>
File: Blue Meme.png (11KB, 320x412px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Meme.png
11KB, 320x412px
>>150628183
I'd say they're very comfy. On Hoboserb we have them and many of the materials have been tweaked to be actually viable end-game options, as opposed to just Manullyn/Tartarite rushing.

From the last map, before the reset. Iguana's is silly.
>>
>>150608684
Excellent! I'm worried I won't be able to scale it up into the massive size most Forerunner structures are though.
>>
So.. I am trying to go with the whole "SPAAACE adventure" angle.
I need weapons like lightsabers and shit to be able to conquer the galaxy.
Do you guys have some cool tech mods to recommend?
>>
>>150629307

Matter Overdrive
>>
>decide to use Technomancy in this world
>finally make a pair of essentia coils
>quickly find out that they can only DRAW from essentia sources, so I'd need about 58 of them for a full aspect setup
>then find out that if you ever break them, their redstone settings change to needing a signal for some reason and there's absolutely no way to change that back
>they don't even get an EMC value from Thaumic Equivalence for some reason
Absolute disappointment. I think I'll just use ProjectE for everything regarding Thaumcraft in this pack for the simple reason of fuck you and because it'd be different from the usual.
>>
File: 2016-02-09_02.33.03.png (724KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-09_02.33.03.png
724KB, 1920x1018px
>>150581196
there is a wiki:
http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraft_Buildcraft_Wiki

but its outdated. if you have questions that aren't answered by that one you can try other wikis, this faggot's videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD_pw16S1H1Fzha_pJM7yjt4uXtx5bE7S

or just ask in thread if you can't find the answer or experimenting doesn't give you anything.

buildcraft is like a simple toolset. with some basic components you can build A Thing that's vastly complicated.
>pic related
and that isn't really complex, but its quick and simple.

also get Additional Buildcraft Objects. that add-on has a couple extremely useful pipes, like round-robin transport pipes.
>>
>>150626427
>>150626608
>>150626832
is it normal for that mod to do this http://pastebin.com/hZDVGnA4 all over my logs, though?
>>
>>150631783
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFfLCuHSZ-U
As awful as the song is, it's a fairly accurate representation of the monstrosities that would occur back in old 1.2.5 Tekkit. And servers hated it since BlueFrog decided that every item in a pipe should be its own entity, for some reason.

>>150632025
Does it launch? If it does, I can't see any foreseeable fault.
>>
>>150628959
>mining speed: 359
holy SHIT. even Mek's dis-ass-ender only goes up to 200.

>>150632025
I get something like that too. I personally think its a mod not implementing NEI properly, or doing something wrong but not enough to crash.
>>
magical floating castle in space.

How do I go full on Rita Repulsa?
>>
File: 2016-08-04_13.49.32.png (625KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_13.49.32.png
625KB, 1920x1017px
rate my jail.
>>
>>150633610
>stone bricks on the floor
it's shit
>>
File: 2016-08-04_14.00.13.png (623KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_14.00.13.png
623KB, 1920x1017px
>>150633610
Prison wing.
>>
>>150633610
>>150633764
Nothing wrong with stone bricks for flooring, but unworked smoothstone for walls is super wrong. Try cobble floors for maximum umcomfiness.
>>
>>150632581
And to think, it still could not instant mine Obsidian.

I was actually the most upset about that.
>>
>>150634392
that gave me an idea for a new TiC modifier:
attuned: first block broken gets registered, the tool has a +x% breaking speed on this block, but -2x% on every other

if one of you makes a TiC mod or something, maybe consider it?
>>
File: 2016-08-04_21.25.01.png (1MB, 1920x1053px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_21.25.01.png
1MB, 1920x1053px
>>150633610

Where is the prisoners?
>>
how much ram is hoboserb supposed to use?
when i try to start it up the menu and such loads but i get OutOfMemory error when everything is done loading
>>
I am playing around with bloodmagic and I am certain that I once saw some video on youtube where some guy was using a mod with crystals that gave him regeneration.
Does anyone know this mod? Or have some smart way to get a high regeneration?
>>
>>150629052
how big are we talking about?
Just like faux circles, wouldnt you just be able to replicate it with more blocks added?
sounds like arranging the carpenter blocks is gonna be a pain in the ass with a bigger build
>>
File: mem.png (4KB, 464x113px) Image search: [Google]
mem.png
4KB, 464x113px
>>150636909
This is what I set it to and it seems happy.
>>
>>150636931
Probably one of Reika's mods, Chromaticraft or something? Be warned that using his mods will lodge a dragon dildo deep in your rectum
>>
>>150636931
Buttania regen pendant?
Bees in jars - it worked for me on AS1
>>
>>150637379
well I don't want that..

>>150637660
I guess to start being a bloodmage the first step is to get into the bee world
>>
>try Gadomancy out
>seems to have some interesting stuff, in particular the arcane dropper which might be able to get pretty damn fun to use
>it spams the fuck out of my console with something about item filtering, VeinMiner and NPEs and that lags the fuck out of shit
What a shame, into the trash you go. Fuck no I'm not dropping VeinMiner
>>
>>150637939
You could also use EvilCraft and use a Primed Pendant with Regen on it. Like Botania, but less flowers and more killing.
>>
>>150628959
What config file is the one that has the metallurgy mats info? I need to tweak mine
>>
File: Relic_main.png (408KB, 988x434px) Image search: [Google]
Relic_main.png
408KB, 988x434px
>>150636958
Forerunner structures such as this.
>>
>>150638084
Be warned that a Regen II pendant costs about 400 blood/second though. Not that it's a problem if you have enough witches or fishgirls from GoG
>>
File: H2_Containment_Shield.jpg (43KB, 1022x574px) Image search: [Google]
H2_Containment_Shield.jpg
43KB, 1022x574px
>>150636958
>>150638375
And this.

Scaling these would be very difficult.
>>
File: 2016-07-31_17.05.27.png (216KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-31_17.05.27.png
216KB, 1920x1017px
>>150638224
No idea. Dir7y did those configs, and I'm not sure how he did it. I'll see if he can answer later on.

>>150638397
Snek reactor HOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>150638084
>You could also use EvilCraft
Please don't.

It's bad, I think it was made by a 13-year-old, and it's overpowered in all of the wrong ways. It's the real new DartCraft.
>>
>>150636043
have to build the prison before you can fill it with prisoners.
>>
>>150638908
It also has a fuckton of content, the best portable crafting table, mob farming alternatives, water source blocks, integration with a lot of mods and useful items. The only bad thing about it is the fucking fart button which can be easily disabled if you aren't a retard.
>It's the real new DartCraft.
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>150638669
>>150638375
oh, yeah.
Gl with that shit m8
>>
>>150639984
T-Thanks.
>>
File: 2016-08-04_15.15.38.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_15.15.38.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
what would be the best status effects (and intesity) to give to the player for an effective mirrors edge like parkor course
>>
>>150641192
Boredom VII
Shit Story V
Dumb dialogue VIII
Performance -VIII
>>
>>150641192
Also forgot
Mediocrity IX
>>
File: 2016-08-04_15.21.01.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_15.21.01.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>150641407
I'm dying here

>That feel when you can probably make a better runner game on Vanilla MC then DICE/EA can.
>>
>>150641192
Boring looking samey environments XVIII
>>
>>150641407
>>150641559
>>150641939
IGN 9/10 - Needs more queers.
>>
>>150618319
What are the blue leafed trees from?
>>
File: 2016-08-04_15.43.40.png (668KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_15.43.40.png
668KB, 1920x1018px
teardowns are fun.
>>
File: 2016-08-04_15.48.39.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_15.48.39.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
Are we ever going to get a good cyberspace/relm dimension?
>>
How many carpenter's blocks do you think I can get away with using before it starts to lag me to death?
>>
File: 2016-08-04_15.46.52.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_15.46.52.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>150644264
Or Cyber Biome whatever.
>>
File: Kingdom Come.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Come.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Any resource-packs with sweet skyboxes?
>>
>>150639182
>have to build the prison before you can fill it with prisoners.
If anything, Prison Architect taught me the opposite.
>>
>>150645308
What render is this?
>>
Anyone wanna start a modpack with me? I am bored as fuck. I can find the modpack and server to join.
>>
>>150648572
Filename
>>
>>150648604
Join Hobo :^)
>>
>>150638375
>>150638669
Building music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyPytR7pwBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQB2T_3s9HU
>>
File: creative_02.png (972KB, 1600x848px) Image search: [Google]
creative_02.png
972KB, 1600x848px
>>150508810
I'm here lurking in the background occasionally. I only use my minecraft character name when I post content.

I always have some flat grid maps where I compile my ideas into a series or a stand-alone build.

Right now I have a map with all modular wall designs that's almost finished.

I approach minecraft most from a worldbuilding perspective, because that's what most people play it for. I'm mostly on the lookout for themes or settings, rather then specific structures to build.

I have a vague list of ideas that I'd like to develop into a series in the future:

> Walls (working on that...)
> Bridges
> Dungeon/Underground Entrances
> Ships
> Temples/Altars

...If only I had the time and money ;_;
>>
>>150496164
The complete chunkworld is the final version:
http://imgur.com/a/0Gy80

I think the version is 1.9.4 or 1.10, because I used some new blocks from the lates versions. I'm not a fan of Mojang's quick (and broken) updates though :/ They mostly bloat the game with random junk.

I'll note the compatible version in the download link in the future. It's something I overlooked.
>>
>>150535265
Ducks experience a blissful happiness unbeknownst to man.
>>
>>150648683
What is the IP?
>>
>>150651217
It's in the OP document.
https://titanpad.com/hobopack
>>
>>150651565
Someone deleted it
>>
>>150651618
Did you scroll down? Because it's there on my end.
>>
>>150651964
Guess it is fucked for me. Just tell me it here?
>>
>>150652116
Look at the titanpad I posted in >>150651565

Jesus do I need to spoonfeed you more?
>>
File: Untitled.png (3KB, 550x77px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 550x77px
>>150652427
pls spoonfeed me
>>
Does anyone understand compatibility between 1.9.4 and 1.10.2? Because some things work and some don't.
>>
>>150652696
...Incredibly strange. I've re-added the IP. I apologize, I thought that someone deleted it from the serb list.
>>
>>150653045
All good. Thanks, it is much appreciated!
>>
How long does it take for hungry nodes to turn into sinister ones if you have them in tainted land?
>>
>>150655981
About just install Thaumic Horizons already and fire a beam of stop being hungry at the node
>>
>have a single coke furnace and one blast furnace
>constant steel shortage
>decide to expand my factory with another machine
>immersive engineering arc furnace
>dozens of steel blocks needed

Fuck.

Am I missing any ways of getting more steel quickly? The blast furnace takes ages.
>>
>>150656749
You can do that?
>>
Is it true that Project Red isn't in development anymore because the dev got a cease and desist from Eloraam?
>>
>>150658674
No. Nobody got a C&D from Eloraam. Eloraam did threaten C&Ds, but never actually sent one - she did convince BluePower to cancel development, but they came back to it a month or so later.

>>150653017
Just like every not-so-major release. It's random.
>>
>>150658909
BluePower was an internal FTB project but they put Quetzi's name on it only to avoid legal problems. Of course those faggots ignored Eloraam's wishes, despite all their muh modder rights lies.

I heard from a good source though that Project Red is dead from C&D.
>>
guy who makes mods, how hard to make mod?

I want a lava bucket maker that inputs cobble, coal/charcoal and empty buckets and outputs lava in buckets. Or just spits out actual lava below it(and doesn't use buckets). This is mostly just because I think lava is rather tedious to gather.
>>
>>150659170
Project: Red is only dead at the moment because MrTJP is unable to move away from FMP, and 1.8+ no longer has that. He allegedly started work on his own FMP-like wrapper for MCMultiPart. Unless Eloraam came back in 2016 just to get P:Red taken down, which would be strange.

As for BluePower, I do not really believe that - FTB sided with Project: Red far more for a long time. I've also known Quetzi since before FTB was a thing, and Technic was just beginning to materialize.
>>
>>150659343
>defending Quetzi
>Quetzi is literally paid by FTB

No FTB shilling pls.
>>
What do you guys use for ic2 powergen pre-reactor? I was think about geothermal but I don't know how quickly they burn through lava.

>>150657048
The arc furnace is endgame, you want a second blast furnace and/or convert it to an advanced blast furnace with a steel plate per brick. The advanced ones can be automated and sped up with up to two powered preheaters.
>>
>>150659532
>you must swallow all the bullshit I spew or you're a shill
there's enough shitty things done by the ftb crew that you don't need to make shit up.
>>
>>150660072
Then explain why FTB was including BluPower in packs before it was ready and trying to make it a thing even when Project Red was already available and stable.

FTB's problem though is that everyone who makes anything for them is half retarded so it all comes out shit, so they ended up going back to Project Red in the end anyway.
>>
>>150660321
Because BluePower actually tried to implement RP2-style pipes, one of the biggest requests from the mod?
>>
>>150659532
>>150660072

Fun facts: asie is also a shill for Quetzi: https://qubetubers.com/event-history/
He was on the payroll from the beginning. It's through his connection with GreaseMonkey, who works for the NSA.

I bet even the animators of Nichijou (that anime show asie likes) were Curse employees at some point, too. This shit goes *deep.*
>>
>>150660321
>Then explain why FTB was including BluPower in packs before it was ready
The person or persons in charge of making packs really liked it. Occam's razor my friend.
>>
>>150660398
>>150660787
>it in no way had anything to do with the fact that quetzi was an ftb employee, nepotism isn't real

wew
>>
>>150660398
Just like Thermal Dynamics and plenty other mods had done before?
>>
>>150660897
RP2-style mostly revolves around the machines rather than just the automatic routing of the pipes, which was even done by Logistics Pipes while RP2 was still around. Also, people like nostalgia and people like familiar things.
>>
>>150660473
assie is a lex shill. get it right.
>>
File: 2016-08-04_17.05.21.png (400KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_17.05.21.png
400KB, 1360x706px
khe?

>>150659756
>ic2
I prefer IE geothermal as they just need to be around hot/cold and they never run off.
>>
>>150660893
what would ftb gain from it though? this is why nobody takes your conspiracy theories seriously.
>>
>>150661484
Why can't he be both? Lex clearly cooperates with Curse, who also owns FTB.
>>
>>150661519
but they produce rf and I'm not going to use the ie wire conversion because I'm not a cheater.
>>
>>150661826
Energy is energy. What difference do the little letters make?
>>
Best version to create a modpack with?
>>
>>150661826
Enjoy your microcrafting then.
>>
>>150661942
If you want other people to play it 1.10.2 because people don't know what mods to use in that version so they'll try it.

For personal use, 1.7.10 for maximum choices.
>>
>>150661957
>le microcrafting may may
it's even funnier because you wrongly believe immersive engineering doesn't have more microcrafting than ic2.
>>150661931
I'm keeping them separated because using only one source of power is boring and bypasses tons of content.
>>
>>150662427
1.10 then, but maybe I'll wait a bit while people update mods. Thanks.
>>
>>150662480
It doesn't. It's macrocrafting instead.
And it's not like IC2 has many options anyway. Generic furnace generator, lava generator, wind generator with weird mechanics, spam this underwater or have fun automating buckets generator, nuke generator and that's it. No idea what's going on with IC2 Exp though because I've never cared about it.
>>
>>150661630
what would they gain? control, of course. control of one of the core mods of the pack. short of that, they use their other mods that rape the hell out of other mods to change recipes and remove items or blocks, which would have been unheard of previously.
>>
>>150663427
>they want control
>when they can't be bothered have a coherent theme or limit ore gen to less than 8 kinds of tin
I'm not seeing it famalam
>>
>>150663727
>not letting every mod generate their own tin and then using AutoUnify
>>
>>150662480
Its not at the level of ic2:
Compare the recipes of windmills of both mods, or of other things. And IE is less magic blocks too.
>>150662895
Exp is like Classic but with way much microcrafting.
>>
So I fucked up and made like a shitton of Aluminium brass in the smeltery?
What the fuck do I do with it, not so many but like 30 ingots.
>>
>>150664880
you stop using TiCon like a drooling retarded 12 year old
>>
>>150664880
pour out the blocks and ingots and put it into the chest of shame
>>
>>150665223
>>150665280
Probably gonna use them for drawbridges and igniters and clocks, and for the chest of shame of course.
>>
>>150664670
it is, you're just blinded by the multiblock.
>>
>>150665223
>you stop using TiCon like a drooling retarded 12 year old
Anon, what the fuck?
>>
>>150666519
He's either one of those "hates it because the circlejerk tells him to". types who doesn't actually know why people don't like to use it or he's telling you to stop using it in a way similar to how a mentally challenged underage b& would eg. dumping all your ores in without thinking.
>>
>>150666930
>he's telling you to stop using it in a way similar to how a mentally challenged underage b& would eg. dumping all your ores in without thinking
this one
dumping all your shit into the same smeltery is yogscast-tier retardation
>>
>>150667765
>OH NOOOOO SJIN MADE A BUNCH OF USELESS ALLOYS!!
>wackity shmackity dooo
I'm gettin really tired of their shit.
>>
>>150667765
I learned my lesson.
>>
>>150638780
>>150638224
I tweak material stats with modtweaker and minetweaker.
For viewing normal stats, it was in singleplayer and testing them out. Just change the script, type /mt reload, and it will all update.
Text tutorial here
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker:TConstruct_Support
Little example here
http://pastebin.com/uEtAr14X
>>
>>150666930
people don't use it because it's MAWPC
there's literally nothing to it
>>
File: 2016-06-25_13.19.24.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-25_13.19.24.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>page 10
Bump
>>
>>150662895
see >>150664670 as IC2exp is exactly that; classic with microcrafting.

but Exp has steam generation which is fucking weird and has actual depth in mechanics but its still pretty fucking weird in operation.

I had a picture an anon took of his steam generator setup aaaand I've lost it. Its pretty cool tho
>>
>>150674348
Spieger's IC2 Classic also has steam power, not that I have any fucking idea how it works.
>>
Would anyone be interested in running/playing on a server with something like the Quark mod installed?

http://quark.vazkii.us/

I've always wanted Minecraft to feel like a more feature-complete experience, but not to the point that many of the more popular mods take it. This one has nicer, smaller features to make the game feel better.
>>
File: IT WAS REDDIT THE WHOLE TIME.jpg (74KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
IT WAS REDDIT THE WHOLE TIME.jpg
74KB, 500x492px
>>150676160
You don't hang out here much, do you?
>>
>>150680661
Vazkii aside, the mod is mostly adding trapdoors for all woods and walls, stairs and slabs for most solid blocks released without them.

I wouldn't play it since it's 1.10, but it's not that bad.

Also,
>using that argument when they hate Vaz too
>>
>>150681010
>>using that argument when they hate Vaz too
What argument? No one made an argument you fucking sperg.
>>
>>150680661
I lurk. I know that most of you are total autists who are obsessed with what I think is overdoing it with shit like Thaumcraft, IndustrialCraft, and Trains.

You can see why I don't post often. I bought Minecraft when it was still pre-alpha, and I never wanted it to get so complicated. I feel like there's a happy medium between new features and total overhaul, and that's where I want to be.
>>
>Left Trainserb for about two months
>Last time I played, I parked a train right next to my oreberry operation for no reason
>Return two months later
>My oreberry storage is about to explode due to 2 months of constant activity thanks to train-induced loaded chunk

Yay
>>
File: 2016-08-04_22.20.14.png (3MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_22.20.14.png
3MB, 1920x1017px
GO ASPIES!
>>
>>150681757
>obsessed with overdoing it.
Most people talk about comfyness.
You surely lurk alot.
>>
>>150681757
>You can see why I don't post often
It was working for everyone involved. You should reconsider posting in the future.

The real reason I know you don't spend much time here is that the resident spergs of /mcg/ are about as social as orangutans and twice as likely to fling shit. You passively begging for someone here to start up a server to cater to your shitty transitory idea sticks out like a sore thumb. Go be an "idea guy" somewhere else.
>>
File: 2016-08-04_21.28.37.png (800KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_21.28.37.png
800KB, 1360x706px
Made an artificial river, does it look natural enough?
>>150682994
How many people are in the autism team?
Its really amazing desu
>>
need one of you autists to port Applied Autism to 10.2
>>
>>150684063
HA
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>150684063
there are 4 clones already, pick one.
>>
File: 2016-08-04_15.46.08.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_15.46.08.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
>>150684021
about 15 with about 5 or 6 "Core" builders.

Only thing I would say about the river is to add some gravel at the bends to but otherwise it looks bretty gud.
>>
>>150683814
>passively begging for someone here to start up a server
I did say "running/playing on". I'm cool with running a server myself, but I know I'm not very good at it, and somebody else could very well do it better than me. But if nobody wants to, that's fine. I was mostly just trying to see if there was interest in general.

Any more shit you want to fling at me?
>>
File: 2016-08-04_22.16.16.png (115KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04_22.16.16.png
115KB, 1360x706px
Fishnets are MAWPC desu
>>
File: CfQbellWQAAoCxQ.jpg_large.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
CfQbellWQAAoCxQ.jpg_large.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>150688439
>auto-smelt on a bow
>>
>>150688439
>vanilla bows when you have ticon
wat
>>
>>150690020
>>150690462
I got it from a fishtrap which gave me a powered but weird bow...
Maybe it makes quick bacon?
>>
>>150637939
>I guess to start being a bloodmage the first step is to get into the bee world
It might be imperial bees if I remember correctly. That, or extra bees diamond ones
>>
>>150691356
suck my chode eggbert
>>
dilbert? you still playng buddy? get on skype lets do soemthing
>>
knishes
>>
>>150698229
There are many things that need to be erased.
>>
Truly I cannot imagine life without Carpenter's Blocks.
>>
File: 1469516645186.jpg (261KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
1469516645186.jpg
261KB, 600x453px
wait, is everyone on 1.10 now?
I've been away for a couple months
>>
>>150699706
No. I'm not moving from 1.7.10.
>>
>>150699706
no
>>
File: 1470267246773.jpg (33KB, 239x218px) Image search: [Google]
1470267246773.jpg
33KB, 239x218px
>>
>>150699706
Still waiting for a reason to try 1.10. Mojang and the modding community haven't given me any good reasons to leave 1.7.10.
>>
This is a sage because fuck you.
>>
This is not a sage, because not ded yet
>>
File: 2016-05-08_00.06.29.png (762KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-08_00.06.29.png
762KB, 1920x1018px
here have a random picture from ecksthpert mode.
>>
File: 2016-08-05_02.11.57.png (860KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_02.11.57.png
860KB, 1920x1017px
Slowly less autismcave and more base.

Still have a drawer wall and chest in the basement to sort through from the quarry. I don't think I have enough storage space for it all. Fug.
>>
Anyone have a less shitty 16x gravel texture they use?
>>
File: 2016-08-03_22.25.24.png (2MB, 1920x1001px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_22.25.24.png
2MB, 1920x1001px
Working on a mountain castle/palace thing. This building is the airship dock and serves as the only entrance. Thoughts?
>>
>>150681010
>they
Who the fuck is "they"?
>>
>>150699706
Unless every single one of my 280+ mods gets updated I'm not moving.
1.9's combat update made every single new version onwards very unappealing for me
>>
>>150713174
Looking good.
I like the details on the outer buildings.
How big is it on the outside?
>>
File: 2016-08-03_22.25.36.png (2MB, 1920x1001px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_22.25.36.png
2MB, 1920x1001px
>>150714591
This is it from the other side, the dock is only an out building, most of the palace is across the bridge shown in the first pic
>>
File: 2016-08-03_22.25.46.png (2MB, 1920x1001px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_22.25.46.png
2MB, 1920x1001px
Close up of the bridge
>>
>>150714731
>>150714849
How about the inside? How much have you burrowed into the mountain?
>>
File: 2016-08-05_17.57.28.png (1MB, 1920x1001px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_17.57.28.png
1MB, 1920x1001px
>>150714875
Yeah i have, here is the entrance to the palace proper.
>>
File: 2016-08-03_22.26.07.png (523KB, 1920x1001px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_22.26.07.png
523KB, 1920x1001px
>>150714849
And here the foyer
>>
Decided to play this again and it turns out I no longer own Minecraft. Should I bother with the customer service or just pirate whatever latest version is available?
>>
>>150715834
pirate 1.7, very few ppl here play the latest.
you;re gonna have to build your own pack tho. I think even multimc needs a token to launch
>>
>>150715834
customer service usually works without too much effort. Why not recover an account you paid for?
>>
>>150715127
polished granite/diorite/andersite floors look so much better.

planks are just so underwhelming.
>>
>>150718174
>>150715127
I would instead change the planks on the walls to be some type of stone
>>
>>150719109
plank walls can be okay, but a lower border of stone blocks is a significant improvement both inside and out.
>>
>>150719308
I just dont like using the same type of mat for walls, roof and floor
>>
>>150719525
Recently I had a first floor checker of polished stone, plank walls with stone block and slab ceiling/second floor, used carpet on the second floor.
>>
Why is it nearly impossible to get BoP and RTG working together? Would be nice if somebody maintained a preset config for retards.
>>
>>150720610
>place them both in the mods folder
>done
>>
>>150721506
gg wp
>>
>>150720610
>look at the RTG page on curseforge or minecraftforums
>find out that you need Climate Control or Biome Tweaker if you want to use BoP or other biome mods
>add RTG, CC and BoP to your mods folder
>they all work perfectly
There you go.
>>
ded
>>
>>150730478
At least your threads aren't being indiscriminately deleted for no reason whatsoever.

:)
>>
>>150731980
bad /kspg/
bad
>>
>>150732184
We've done no wrong
>>
there's going to be an interview with slowprick in the original 1.2.5 pyramid map which slow himself didn't lay a finger on to make, where he'll complain about why everyone hates curse and claim ftb is on the forefront of modding.

prepare for a lot of dicksucking in the near future when people watch this propaganda
>>
File: let me laugh harder.jpg (178KB, 600x1375px) Image search: [Google]
let me laugh harder.jpg
178KB, 600x1375px
>>150732742
>he'll complain about why everyone hates curse and claim ftb is on the forefront of modding
>ftb is on the forefront of modding
Forefront of what, selling fucking keychains?
>>
>>150733238
Trailer has him saying "Feed the Beast was never meant to be this monster that is is"

I'll bet they cut the part that says "But this shit is profitable and I like money, so..."
>>
>it's another "/mcg/ thinks the world runs on thankfulness and families can be fed by kindness" episode
>>
>>150732719
>>150732184
Why are they getting deleted? Mods dont like the kerbals now? or is it about the pirating thing?
>>
>>150735584
It takes twenty minutes to put a modpack together with the same quality as your typical FTB pack. Explain to me why that deserves enough cash for several grown men to make a living from it.
>>
>>150736521
Especially when he cries about it, but never actually put a pack together himself. It was always someone else doing it for free.
>>
File: NJtPE.jpg (91KB, 425x300px) Image search: [Google]
NJtPE.jpg
91KB, 425x300px
>tfw you realize nobody working for FTB under 35 years of age is given part of the profits
>tfw you realize 99.9% of all mod and modpack content comes from people under 35 years old
>>
>>150735846
>snake poop
>cat dick
>trannies
>shitposting in the far superior /egg/
>other drama
>>
>>150736521
because the thought of messing around with modpacks is intimidating for the technologically illiterate, because troubleshooting requires time, patience and knowledge, etc, etc

next thing you know you'll be complaining janitors don't deserve cash when responsible adults are perfectly able to clean up after themselves instead of littering, or maids

some people cannot do "thing" due to a lack of knowledge/time, instead preferring to pay someone else to do it for them
i know this is a difficult concept to grasp for a neet with too much free time and no spare autismbux at all
>>
>>150737194
>defending the technologically illiterate
>defending jews who take advantage of them
>>
>>150737194
don't compare the hard work of janitors and sanitation workers to slowprick sitting around getting drunk on livestreams and delegating all his work to unpaid lackies

people who are unwilling to copy zip files into a mod folder don't deserve to play the game. it's that simple.
>>
>>150737194
>modders spend weeks or months creating mods in their free time
>modpack makers take thousands of collective hours and put them into a zip
>modpack makers deserve money for that

lol wew lad
>>
>>150737634
The good ones definitely deserve donations at least.
>>
>>150737194
shill more dude, dont think you can but try, please.
>>
holy shit you lag to hell and back when on a horse in 1.10
>>
>>150737634
>being this retarded

shit modpacks are taking mods and shoving it in a zip

good modpacks are ones where you tweak and work mods to make them perfectly balanced with each other, and functional with each other

if you aren't a newfag, you'd know about the attempt of making industryserb, where fucktons of hours were put into tweaking everything to allow for endless industrial fun
>>
>>150738874
>holy shit you lag to hell and back when on 1.10
FTFY

>>150739091
>Calling someone retarded
>Thinking FTB Infinity is a well balanced modpack
chortlingelfman.jpg
>>
>>150737338
>>150737634
>>150738690
>>150737393
You faggots aren't some fucking crusaders wanting to right all the wrongs in the community, you're just jealous NEETs who haven't figured out a way to make money for zero effort.
You can whine and bitch and flail and yell "jews" and "shills" from the tallest mountain at the top of your lungs but at the end of the day you'd gladly take slowpoke's job any day of the week.

What's that, you wouldn't? You're "seriously" just worried about the state of the community? Then why aren't you making a better alternative? Oh, that's right, you wouldn't take such effort for no reward. But you expect someone else to be able to. Right.
>>
>>150739335
holy fucking shit dude
take slowcunt's cock out of your mouth and have an original thought
>>
>>150739091
>tweak and work mods to make them perfectly balanced with each other
You know, because that totally doesn't confuse people when they first experience a mod in something like Agrarian Skies, then wonder why they can't craft it the same way somewhere else. Seriously, look at Guude's Space Chickens series, he spent almost two episodes trying to make a Super Builder's Wand by pouring molten Ardite onto it because "it worked for Agrarian Skies."
>>
>>150739603
nice argument, faggot, you sure showed me

you're not 12 years old anymore, you can't get everything done your way because you whined and bitched long and loudly enough
>>
>>150739796
>>150739335
>trying to change peoples mind by bitching and moaning meaningless arguments and equating actual hard work with just collecting money and being cancer to the community.
wew lad
>>
>>150740318
>playing devil's advocate to make sure people are self-aware is trying to change people's minds
>implying it is possible to change people's minds in anonymous korean basket weaving forums where there is zero concern for one's own pride
wewest of lads

at the end of the day FTB is still in charge and people will continue to complain about FTB here with "MUH HARD WORK" and no real arguments for them to be abandoned, the only place not under Curse's thumb, the only place people don't go "pls don't say anything mean about anybody ever, drama is bad, change is bad", but a backwater place nobody else cares about, or values the opinions of
>>
>>150741418
>at the end of the day FTB is still in charge
What if it's just that no other group wants to be a community star? Technic has lost its only modpack developer left (CanVox went on to work for Twitch), ATLauncher and countless small server modpacks are still there and it doesn't look like they're going to die anytime soon.

>the only place not under Curse's thumb
The subreddit isn't, it just has an above-average tolerance of modder shenanigans. Also, both Technic and ATLauncher have their own forums. "Only" is a bit of a lie.

>the only place people don't go "pls don't say anything mean about anybody ever, drama is bad, change is bad"
Instead, you say mean things about everyone and hope things will just fix themselves if you whine hard enough.

>but a backwater place nobody else cares about, or values the opinions of
You'd be surprised.
>>
alright guys.. I am an idiot but I simply cannot make two tesseracts send RF to each other.
I have already made sure that they are on the same channel, the output/input is set to send/get energy, the redstone signal is disabled but I cannot for the love of anything make it work.

Is there another way to transmit energy wireless or am I royally fucked?
>>
>>150743953
I'm gonna bet the energy parts are transposed. Set them both to "Both" and see what happens.
>>
>>150744434
>transposed energy parts
again: I am an idiot. What does this mean?
>>
>>150744852
like the orange setting in energy cells
Also make sure the "receive" tesseract is connected to something that can store/use energy, otherwise nothing will be transported
>>
>>150745374
It simply refuses to work.
I guess I will just have a ton of wires and such.
Thanks for trying though
>>
>>150735584
>greedy faggots deserve to make money off a low effort hobby.
capitalism ruins everything given enough popularity, shame we haven't found a better alternative.
>>
>>150745774
Shame or not, people need money to survive - unless you're willing to give a modder shelter.
>>
What resource pack would you guys recommend if I want a photo realistic one with mod support, for ver 1.7
>>
>>150746448
if they need money they should get a job like everyone else. thinking you could live off of modding is delusional as even azanor barely makes minimum wage, and thinking you deserve a living for 5 hours of effort that even mouth breathing 12 year olds are capable of is doubly so.
>>
>>150746887
>azanor barely makes minimum wage
He stopped the moment he stopped releasing beta builds.

>5 hours of effort that even mouth breathing 12 year olds are capable of
I'd like to see an 80kLoC codebase be made and maintained in 5 hours.
>>
>>150744852
>>150745765
I'm saying that you should check that the power input is set to "SEND" and the power output is set to "RECIEVE", along with there being something on the other end that can use the power as >>150745374 said.

They can be confusing at the start, but Tesseracts are the best form of inter-block connection that we have.
>>
>>150747002
>I'd like to see an 80kLoC codebase be made and maintained in 5 hours.
please share how you think this relates to ftb or modpack makers in general.
>>
>>150747320
>please share how you think this relates to ftb or modpack makers in general.
I said modder, not modpack maker. As for modpack makers, that 5 hour statistic might be true for most, but there's quite a few which get dozens of hours of playtesting and development put into them. (In fact, I've seen modpacks where the recipe changes alone are thousands of lines of code - as well as modpacks which had special mods specifically written for them)

As for mods, I can name at least six mods easily which are >=80kLoC.
>>
>>150747465
well we were arguing about modpack makers, unless you aren't the guy I was arguing with earlier. I brought up modders as what they do is actually difficult and they still don't make much money off donations, why should some faggot make a liveable wage from spending a few minutes tinkering with configs
>>
File: 2016-08-05_20.15.30.png (106KB, 1600x962px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_20.15.30.png
106KB, 1600x962px
>>150747187
This is what I have set it up as
>>
>>150747930
That's where you're pushing energy in, correct?
>>
>>150739091
it doesn't take more than a couple hours to tweak any modpack to playable standards

>>150739335
this is definitely trolling so I won't bother responding seriously
>>
bored modder here give me ideas for small items/blocks (nothing game mechanics related)
>>
>>150747886
Depends on the modpack, as I said. There's modpacks which have tweakscripts with more code in them than some of the mods in the packs, there's modpacks which go through hundreds of hours of provable (streams) playtesting.
>>
File: 2016-08-05_20.21.59.png (114KB, 1600x962px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_20.21.59.png
114KB, 1600x962px
>>150748140
yep
and this is where it recieves the energy. It is placed next to an alloy smelter
>>
File: dinnershit.png (15KB, 571x99px) Image search: [Google]
dinnershit.png
15KB, 571x99px
This is one of the men killing Minecraft.
>>
>>150748240
In the case of FTB the only first party pack to be tweaked significantly is ie:e. The play testing is a fair point, however FTB's play testers are unpaid. The majority of the pack makers are unpaid as well, so who is the money going to and what did they do to deserve it?
>>
>>150748993
Agrarian Skies and Magic Farm were first party until Jadedcat left back to Curse. Those also had large amounts of tweaking.
>>
File: 2016-08-05_14.01.06.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_14.01.06.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
/proud

Really happy with how this works. Now to pretty-ify it.
>>
File: 1470279540749.png (647KB, 799x810px) Image search: [Google]
1470279540749.png
647KB, 799x810px
>>150748464
>I'm gonna bash lines of code together to see what happens
Well, that proves it, they never had a road map for anything.
>>
File: image_0.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
55KB, 217x190px
>blusunrize pronounces aluminum correctly despite his point of origin
>>
>>150753147
Yeah. Alumium was the original, and probably most correct name. It then became Aluminum, and then the British bastardized it into Aluminium because all of their words have to sound like something that would make preschoolers giggle.
>>
>>150751817
what is it and how does it work?
>>
>>150754113
It's a (very) scaled down version of my hyperspawner, but in the End this time.

Premise is still simple; 15x15 platform, stand 25 blocks away from it, Corporeal Attractor drags all the mobs to the center, Grinder kills them for loot. And since we have GoG, Ender Dragon Girls drop shards of Iron, Gold, and Emeralds.
>>
>>150754113
it appears to be an enderman grinder that powers itself with enderpearls.
>>
>>150753147
you mean aluminium
how did he pronounce it?
>>
File: DF_Perwright_Face.png (3KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
DF_Perwright_Face.png
3KB, 192x192px
>>150755484
like I wrote it.
>>
>>150746448
before curse, modding was (almost) never about money, and it was good because it allowed many experimentations, a lot of ideas sharing and being able to take resources from pretty much anywhere (thanks to fair use and nonprofit uses)

these dirty fucks turned modding into a business, so now modders (who buy into this system) think more about rentability than creativity, and that kills the scene

modding is a hobby, you do a thing because it's cool and share it to people who might enjoy it (or even make it better themselves)

want money? make a real game, or find a job
>>
>>150755981
>before curse, modding was (almost) never about money

It was. Almost every mod used adf.ly. Some modders had paid incentives before Patreon even existed.

>it allowed [...] being able to take resources from pretty much anywhere (thanks to fair use and nonprofit uses)
Almost every mod had a propiertary "you can't use or decompile anything I made" license until 1.5-ish.

>so now modders (who buy into this system) think more about rentability than creativity
I think it's more that the modders who created the scene a few years ago are now entering adult life and need to earn money to survive. New modders don't have this problem anywhere near as much.

>want money? make a real game, or find a job
Sure. It's what I'm contemplating.
>>
>>150756460
>Almost every mod had a propiertary "you can't use or decompile anything I made" license until 1.5-ish.
In fact, immibis was shunned by the community for daring to use Eloraam's APIs for power conversion without permission so much that he has been an outcast ever since - and that was beta 1.8, before anyone hated Technic, before Curse had any power and before FTB was even an idea. "allowed many experimentations", eh?
>>
>>150756460
just to make it clear, i wasn't talking about MC's scene specifically when i said that
>>
>>150756718
Were you talking about World of Warcraft, then? Those are the two modding communities Curse had a stronghold in, and you explicitly referenced them.

If you were talking about other scenes, try to look into the ugly ones too - The Sims modding is essentially selling recolors of existing items for money, and huge communities were built on that alone.
>>
>>150756718
If it wasn't curse it would have been someone else. If someone thinks there's money to be made they'll try to make it even if it's to the detriment of everyone else. What really put the nail in the coffin of modding is it's mainstream popularity and ease of installation.
>>
>>150756867
The sims modding scene is weird. I've never seen a paid mod worth downloading let alone paying money form
>>
>>150756867
>>150757502
sims is a fucking normie game
i wouldn't be surprised if the people who fall for that shit actually think there's black wizardry involved behind recoloring textures
>>
>>150757878
I think we can all agree that normies making up a significant part of a games modding scene is the tipping point of that scenes downfall to gib mone plox jews
>>
>>150757878
that's probably exactly what the technologically illiterate faggots think about making a Minecraft modpack as well
>>
>>150757878
Honestly, making programming sound harder than it actually is is how most of the money gets made. Same for a lot of jobs, really.
>>
>>150757502
Modding Sims or most any other game is child's play compared to modding Minecraft.

I don't have a problem with modders making money from their work. I do have a problem with jokers throwing mods together and thinking they deserve money for modpacks.
>>
>>150759707
1. not is disagreeing with you, in fact I was arguing the same point earlier in the thread.
2. How do you know? Have you tried modding the sims? Because there's no construction set or api (afaik) so doing anything more complicated than a reskin isn't as easy as you'd think.
>>
>>150760341
>not is
I don't know how that happened, I meant *I'm not
>>
soooo... mods staying on 1.7 forever?
>>
Going through the Immersive Engineering mod, and how do you pipe creosote out of the coke oven? The pipes/pump in the mod itself don't seem to do anything, even when powered, given a redstone signal, and with the inputs set up (blue = in, orange = out, right?).
>>
File: jR01pMI~01.jpg (41KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
jR01pMI~01.jpg
41KB, 358x310px
>>150759707
>muh java programming is so much harder than python scripting

>>150760728
did you set the side of the pump that's touching the coke oven by shift right clicking?
>>
>>150760974
I have a pipe going from the oven to the pump, but I'll give that a shot, thanks!
>>
>>150760341
What I mean is most of the paid mods ARE reskins. Some actually make an effort to hack the game, but usually it's about mixing functionality of multiple existing objects.
>>
>>150760974
Java programming is more advanced and more valuable than Baby's First Python Mod, yes. Even more so when you factor the difficulty of learning and modding Minecraft into it.
>>
>>150760701
Until 80% of the comfy mods move up, yes.

Someone will come along with a solid equivilent to AE2, and who knows we might get AM3 on 1.10 (granted Psi is close to being that) or something that's actually worthwhile to upgrade.
>>
>>150761728
>Psi
fuck off flowerfag
>>
>>150762087
thanks for your contribution to the thread "greentexts about mods that trigger him" anon
>>
>>150762087
>Hating on Vazkii
I hate him too, but you can't deny that it's like AM2 but with a more technical aspect to it. Instead of "A bunch of symbols, then throw a bunch of stuff into an arch" it requires you to think about your spells.
>>
>>150762580
go suck his cock over at /r/feedthebeast, we don't need your kind around here
>>
File: 1347925196107.jpg (56KB, 499x431px) Image search: [Google]
1347925196107.jpg
56KB, 499x431px
>>150763280
>this is a safe space don't mention any triggering mods
>every mod has at least one anon triggered by mentioning it
>people wonder why we're so dead
>>
>>150763673
None of Immibis' mods trigger anyone.
>>
>>150764867
his dimensional anchors are GOAT
>>
>>150764867
They trigger FTB because they're much better than the circlejerky alternatives and generate no drama.
>>
>>150765556
>generate no drama
Immibis's very first mod created one of the first big dramas of the modding scene. Here's a trace of it: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3959 - though most of it happened on the old Technic forums.
>>
File: 2016-06-06_00.16.15.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-06_00.16.15.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
Hey guys, looking for some advice here.
I have a minecraft server for a couple friends of mine. But we are getting sick of vanilla so i'm looking to start hosting a modpack, what do you guys reccomend for modpacks? (im talking about things like tekkit and feed the beast) please take note that most people on my server have never touched minecraft mods so it would be appreciated if it isn't the most hardcore technical mods. Thanks in advance
>>
>>150766191
probably TE, it does a ton of things nowadays
maybe tinker's constructs too (with a few modules like thermal smeltery, tinker's defense...)
maybe also thaumcaft(with automagy at least), it'll be kind of hard to get into but most things are pretty clear once you find/craft a thaumonomicon
>>
>>150766191
make your own dude
Use MultiMC, it installs forge from right there and then add your own mods.
That being said and being objectively the best choice I'd recommend for plug n play pack Vanilla Beyond from the ATL Launcher and add some extra things like Thaumcraft, Immersive Engineering, buildcraft and IC2
>>
>>150767576
>>150766191
Also Blightfall is fun
>>
>>150766191
A few mods you wanna stay away from until your ppl get very aquainted with mods are Botania, Big Reactors, Project E and Ex Nihilio
The first two because they arent entry lvl and the last two because they are MAWPC
>>
>>150767736
that's way too complicated for babbys first modded playthrough.
>>150766191
I'd keep it to one tech mod one magic mod and some QoL mods, for instance.
>thaumcraft
>thermal expansion
>nei
>inventory tweaks
>>
>>150766191
Adding on to >>150767125 's list:

Metallurgy would be a fine addition, but do disable some of the more worthless ores so people don't get too discouraged.

Modular power suits as well, give them a taste of what modded armor is capable of.

EnderStorage is another good step to show what's possible.
>>
>>150768115
Not saying it was complicated, just saying it;s fun
>>
>>150764867
nobody actually uses his mods, they just like to herald him because he stood up to the (wo)man.
>>
>>150768628
his macroblocks look fine as fuck
>>
>>150769140
They're adding multiparts to Forge and Chisels and Bits is already becoming mainstream.
>>
>>150769257
>They're adding multiparts to Forge
not anymore
>Chisels and Bits is already becoming mainstream.
so?
>>
>>150769582
not anymore?
>>
>>150769779
the forge multipart project got scrapped last I heard.
>>
>>150769779
They technically are, in that both LexManos and amadornes want to see multiparts in Forge but, by now, neither seems to be doing anything to make it happen.
>>
>decide to try out the TFC Progressive mod pack
>get to the point where I want to make a coke oven
>you need treated fucking wood to make one
Well that's just great
>>
>page ten
>>
Generally, if you want to learn a lot about very early modder discussions, reading this blog post, made just after FlowerChild quit Forge, and the comments is great: http://www.industrial-craft.net/?p=284
>>
Is there an easy way to have a second username to play anonymously on serbs? My normal username can be easily linked to me irl and I don't want to risk that.
>>
File: 2016-08-06_01.22.57.png (402KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_01.22.57.png
402KB, 1920x1018px
now THIS is a shitshack
>>
>>150769969
>but now lex doesn't understand it and is resisting its addition to save face

FTFY
>>
>>150778181
You can do that with pirate serbs, some modded serbs let you set a nickname too. For almost every other situation, the answer is no. You can buy a name change through mojang or just buy a second account.
>>
What would be a good place to learn Lia, in context of open computers

I have a reactor and battery to read.
>>
>>150779493
Does /mcg/'s serbs have this? How would I do it for my own server? Would anyone still see your 'true' username?
>>
>>150779015
Comfy, but saturated with oak, still looks good tho.
>>
I just spent five hours looking through the list of mods on Curseforge (since they're the only place on the internet where you can find mods) and handpicked these popular mods everyone plays with. I also read through ten lines of configs to change a few things so I can set myself apart from the rest, and in the future I'm planning to release a skyblock version of this pack based on Ex Nihilo (as it's the only way to get things on skyblocks) which will have new and exciting recipes for every single item, courtesy of Minetweaker.
Damn I deserve to be paid millions for all this.
>>
>>150779802
You can change your username on the Mojang website, as your account is tied to an email now instead of your username.
>>
>>150779802
I think "forge essentials" is one of the major mods that does nicknames. I don't remember but you might be able to see the original username from using the chat+tab autocomplete thing, otherwise it's replaced in everything including things like the player tab roster. Hoboserbs usually run forge essentials, not sure who else uses it. Setting it up on your own forge server is pretty easy, most mods and plugins work out of the box just fine, in forge essentials case all you do is /nick Bob_Ross and your done. Also another thing, most people on 4chan, /mcg/ and the internet don't give a shit who you are, we've had total flaming faggots use their real names, hack our servers, post their facebooks etc and even they don't get bothered on the irl side. Most of the players here are chill bros and other friendly guys, you should be fine if you're actually worried about being bullied.
>>
>>150781534
you can get paid money by making a modpack with zero alteration from stock configs

thanks for destroying the community, curse
>>
>>150739091
>muh balunse
>>>/trash/
>>
>>150785131
>low effort shitposting at an 8 hour old post
>>
>>150785131
>muh balance is the same thing as intermod autism synergy
>>
Did traincraft ever get ported to 1.7.10?
>>
File: 2016-03-19_20.15.59.png (283KB, 1600x838px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-19_20.15.59.png
283KB, 1600x838px
>>150787786
>Did traincraft ever get ported to 1.7.10?

Nope. Might be in the works tho.
>>
any tips for building scifi/industrial builds in vanilla? Been trying to build a science compound but its been proving difficult with the vanilla blocks.
>>
>>150788883
>vanilla
Quartz and Iron blocks are good I suppose.
>>
>>150788973
Don't forget about the new bone blocks, and prismarine can be faux plating, and sea lanterns for lights
>>
>>150739613
to be fair, guude is a dumbfuck. he's only worth watching when you know he's going to be drunk.
>>
>>150790128
True, but you really do have to assume that your average user has as much reading comprehension as he does. Which is to say, none at all.
>>
>>150748240
>There's modpacks which have tweakscripts with more code in them than some of the mods in the packs,
something about that inherently bothers me. at that point just make your own fucking mods, jesus.
>>
>>150790372
The funny thing is, Jaded ended up doing exactly that.
>>
>>150752992
>>150748464
you all just now figured it out that dinnerbong is clueless? his prime line of thought is "#removeNotchREMOVENOTCH", and that's basically it.
>>
>>150790586
Yeah, but he's been with Mojang HOW MANY years? Why is he still experimentally bashing lines of code together?
>>
>>150790498
being >jadedcunt
I can't help imagine most of the work was done by others.
>>
>>150791092
I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt, it isn't exactly hard to add and remove crafting recipes.
>>
File: Untitled.png (34KB, 1011x380px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 1011x380px
>tfw signalum is no longer made of concentrated rape
I miss the max draw speed out of the gate
>>
>>150790730
because he has almost as little of an understanding of the game as lexmanos. though dinnerbone is still much smarter because he actually wrote his own API, lex just inherited his.
>>
>>150791362
no but I bet someone made the mod as a template so that she could copy/paste changes.

this is how Pam's Harvestcraft still exists. every time there's been a big update to the game, someone volunteers to update the mod for her.
>>
File: 1431851946080.jpg (54KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1431851946080.jpg
54KB, 500x411px
ded
>>
File: ConnectionFail.jpg (262KB, 1594x836px) Image search: [Google]
ConnectionFail.jpg
262KB, 1594x836px
Trainserb is ded. Help.
>>
File: pixelmon.png (1MB, 1917x1014px) Image search: [Google]
pixelmon.png
1MB, 1917x1014px
How shit is my pixelmon house? I wanted something bright since it's >pokemon so I went with acacia.

I'm gonna remove the ground border around it. I was just seeing how it looks.
>>
File: CleoandNubi.png (669KB, 1365x705px) Image search: [Google]
CleoandNubi.png
669KB, 1365x705px
>>150633610
>>150636043
With Custom NPC's I may rearrange my prisoners, and I won't have to worry about despawns. I may just make another one somewhere else away from a cavern and the like. It'll take a while, but hey.
>>
File: 1453445465741.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1453445465741.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>150797851
>putting a house obviously designed for a mesa, desert, or savannah biome in a tiaga/tundra/whatever one
what the hell?
the actual house looks good.
to me at least
>>
>>150797851
It definitely contrasts hard with the location it's in, which doesn't really scream "Pokemon" to me. I mean, yeah, most Pokemon locations are bright and colorful, but they typically blend in with their environment, if they aren't an outright city. At least, that's how it's been from Gen 3 onward.
>>
>>150798706
>>150799016
I'm too lazy to make multiple trips to the desert/savannah/mesa to get all my shit there
>>
>>150801313
Try replacing the acacia with birch planks and spruce logs. That seemed to work pretty well last time I built up a base in an Extreme Hills biome. Not sure what you should do for the wall filler, but I think the panes are good as they are.
>>
in the ded of the night
>>
>>150796845
nah trainserb's fine, my shitternet keeps going down like a thai hooker.
>>
File: 7ecyJhW.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
7ecyJhW.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: goatpost.png (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
goatpost.png
100KB, 500x500px
>>150808567
>Goat Porn
You're looking for /utg/ good sir.
>>
File: 2016-08-06_01.42.54.png (234KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_01.42.54.png
234KB, 925x530px
So, this happened. I probably shouldn't have installed BoP with EBXL.
>>
File: BASE DESIGN2.png (1MB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
BASE DESIGN2.png
1MB, 1360x706px
Undeading

So after being gathering more resources and keep working on other things like a ship base.
I keep with the planning of my cit but doing it wont be easy as I need to gather more resources for it.
Anyway heres my new planning.
>>
>>150811970
what am I looking at here
>>
>>150813657
Conflict with a Biome ID from Twilight Forest.
>>
Hey /mcg/
So I want to get into building things like pic related but I'm not really sure how to do things well.
If anyone could post some videos or forums that talk about things like ...

Structure
Palettes
Terraforming
Depth
Detailing
Build Theory

... it would be much appreciated
I am on a creative server in which does lots and lot reviews (Athion) so I do get some feedback and critique, but I'd like to 'study' the things that I have mentioned so I can improve my building.
Thank you
>>
>>150814228
holy FUCK

there is no fucking way that was built by hand right
>>
>>150801313
>>150802225
Oh, also, try cobble for the bottom row instead of logs (with the possible exception of corners). If you can manage to get some mossy cobble as well, it can act as a nice break from everything being uniform.
>>
>>150814228
You might want to have a look at some of Sjin's old build series.
>>
>>150814228
Probably made with MC Edit, search tru minecraft forum and ask a guy that does this or search tutorials on youtube about it.
>>
Ho ho! Time for autism!
>>
>>150811970
>Twilight Forest
>BoP
>EBXL
You absolute madman. I don't think you'll run out of biome IDs but you'll get pretty close to at least.
>>
>>150815214
I only stacked BoP because it had a volcano biome. Every other mod with volcanoes adds other stuff I don't care for. Hell, vanilla should have volcanoes by default.
>>
File: 2016-08-06_01.43.10.png (289KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_01.43.10.png
289KB, 1360x706px
I swear Fishtraps are both stupid and MAWPC, I catched this book but I dont know if I should put in in armor or on a weapon..
>>
>>150814228
desu senpai that kind of shit is done by 20+ teams of autismos
>>
>>150815628
Mojang fucked up when they made caught enchanted items gain level 30 enchants every single catch. You would think they would have tied enchantment levels to Luck of the Sea, but no.
>>
>>150814316
No, it was built using world edit
Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwF6Vs-FCY4
This actually used to be the spawn of the last lot server I played on (mithrinta), sadly that server does not exist anymore
>>150814548
Thanks I'll check him out
>>150814578
I was asking about the creative decisions, not the psychical approach.
Things like Palettes and Detailing is what I need to work on the most
>>150815753
That one was done by one person, one other person worked on the aquaduct in the very front.
Also, that is my goal, to be on my servers build team
>>
>>150815901
Yeah, also what the fuck do I do with a shitton of bows?
Is there a way to make them useful or just make them commit suddoku?
>>
File: ToWHRUl.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ToWHRUl.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
How do I learn to build like this /mcg/?
>>
>>150816804
Trial and error
Time
Blueprints
>>
Wheres a good place to find inspo, or good links of inspo?
I was looking for inspo for medieval buildings, if some anon can post some I would appreciate it.
>>
File: 575856858.png (181KB, 506x371px) Image search: [Google]
575856858.png
181KB, 506x371px
>>150818182
they took away my thinspo
>>
Gentlemen, what do we do with chainmail armor?
>>
>>150782315
Yes but I'm not male.
>>
>>150819906
>with bow overhaul in
Make studded leather armour with it
>with TCon
Repair and melt for steel
>Thaumcraft
Melt for aspects
>oh god I have 1 gorrilian pieces from a mob grinder
Straight to the trash can

>>150820281
>baiting for attention
So long as you're not being a cunt, no-one will care, and you'll just be another player on the serb
>>
>>150820504
Aye, okay. I'll prolly check out hoboserve or something later. I see you guys talking about it a lot and want to try it.
>>
File: 2016-08-06_01.23.39.png (270KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_01.23.39.png
270KB, 1366x768px
Pixelmon addon's shaping up. Have the upgraded anvils all fleshed out and accepting non-hardcoded recipes, now I just need to get the RF/Tesla and EU versions up and running. Well, and make purple apricorns obtainable. And redo the rendering and textures for the upgraded anvils. But first, some desperately needed sleep.
>>
FALL
>>
wake up
>>
Does Tinkers' defense have documentation? I cant find a wiki to save my life
>>
>>150829839
all the info is on the changes page on curse, i think
>>
>>150815628
That's as it may be but I much prefer to use them instead of fishing, I fucking hate fishing
>>
>>150829965
Doesnt seem to be much of it tho, oh well. Ill figure shit out
>>
>>150832570
screenshot?
>>
File: screenshot 21564361.jpg (299KB, 852x477px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot 21564361.jpg
299KB, 852x477px
>>150832694
>>
>>150833175
calling official bullshit on this
>>
File: murderaids.jpg (11KB, 182x242px) Image search: [Google]
murderaids.jpg
11KB, 182x242px
TFC2 discussion go
>>
File: mcB6Q9e.png (363KB, 411x447px) Image search: [Google]
mcB6Q9e.png
363KB, 411x447px
This isn't your average ded
This is advanced ded
>>
File: 1452829261668.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452829261668.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>150838123
>that pic
Has Mariculture put their shit together yet?
>>
How to implement a tech tree that players can take their time to progress, instead of rushing it?
>>
>>150816804
Build larger. Take your time. Be aware of material combinations. Consider the basic shapes. Have autism. Have fun.
>>
>>150815901
Mojang can't design for shit, that's a fact. They keep adding barely relevant stuff but never bother to actually flesh it and balance it.

inb4 NU BALANS ON SANDBOKS fags whining, go install dirt2diamonds.
>>
>>150839686
Speaking of design, Gotta love how red nether brick was the best they could do. Why just red?

Can't wait what 1.11 will bring. Maybe we'll get another -ite block or wait, even better.

Green apples.
>>
>>150840554
The game is dying.
>>
>>150839447
you don't
you either create a shitty grind or you make it a convoluted maze of requirements that can only be navigated using NEI
>>
>>150839447
So, like thaumcraft?
>>
Ha! Ha! I'm refining crude oil!
>>
>>150840892
What did Thaumcraft right? Was it the research system? The branching tech tree? The cons as warp?
>>
>>150841420
The first two really
>>
>>150840554
>Maybe we'll get another -ite block
No, no, please, no. We already have enough useless shit to deal with while mining.

(I guess they tried to mimic TFC... but in TFC this shit works better, since you aren't supposed to find more than one or two rock types in a single mining trip.)
>>
File: Home.jpg (436KB, 1772x950px) Image search: [Google]
Home.jpg
436KB, 1772x950px
Hey /mcg/, what do you think of my humble abode? Criticism is welcome.
>>
>>150841805
I like them for adding some variety to the underground. Stone is absolutely boring and bland. They just need to have a better purpose. Maybe as an armor set or having a higher resistance to a certain element (Blast for Diorite, Andersite for fire, etc).
>>
>>150829839
http://imgur.com/a/aj8hJ
I think this is about all there is.
>>
File: 2016-08-06_11.28.54.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_11.28.54.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
How shitty is the ghetto in your world?
>>
>>150838398
Yup, latest version is fully compatible with RTG.
>>
File: 2016-08-06_11.58.28.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_11.58.28.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
>>150843865
You know you dindu land when the street signs go from Numbers to letters.
>>
File: 2016-08-05_19.42.40.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_19.42.40.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
>>150844027
Gotta have the Housing Projects
>>
File: 2016-08-05_19.39.50.png (749KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_19.39.50.png
749KB, 1920x1017px
>>150844178
A theater that has seen better times.
>>
>>150841680
I dislike the research system; it gets old fast, and it has barely any replay value.

>>150842369
I would be fine with them if they were made underground biomes-like, then they wouldn't need another purpose - "eh, it's another stone". And then rename the basic stone something else.
>>
File: 2016-08-05_19.47.14.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_19.47.14.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>150844357
Crime Alley
>>
>>150843748
>Zweihander
ZweihƤnder or Zweihaender. Simply removing the umlaut is gross.

Nitpicking apart, it looks interesting.
>>
File: 2016-08-05_19.45.59.png (733KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_19.45.59.png
733KB, 1920x1017px
>>150844740
Street level Slums
>>
>>150844750
Some people are shitheads and use fonts that can't handle umlauts. So instead of having blocks in the middle of the words, they just use plain format.

It's a shitty thing, but it's to appease the shitty people that would get loud and retarded because of an intended feature.
>>
>>150845529
and some people don't know to stick an e after a vowel when an umlaut isn't available. don't forget "clueless" when compiling your list of "reasons why people suck".
>>
>>150845913
I work in food service.

"Clueless" is a compliment to some people.

But I understand that there's a lot of shitty people that don't know what they're doing and the people that know what's going on can either fail at attempting to help or just smile and nod while the world burns.
>>
>>150845529
But ten as >>150845913 said you're supposed to replace the umlaut wit an "e". Outrigt removing tem is akin to removing all H from digraps in Englis, you know?
>>
>>150846461
>implying people don't already speak like that
>>
>>150847145
Regardless of the way people speak, it gets really annoying fast.
>>
>>150847368
true, but when they drop a couple hundred dollars on food and other things, we just have to smile and nod.
>>
Is Sky Factory fun?
>>
>>150848568
There's that buzzword again.
>>
>>150848568
If you like micromanaging factories, doing quests, progression, creating logisitics systems, metagaming & optimization, it's a solid way to spend a couple days on with factory autism.
>>
>>150849125
Did you play Sky Factory? Did you like it?

>>150849284
Actually I do quite a lot...
>>
Looking for a populated, vanilla survival server without all the pay2win, grief protection bullshit. Any recommendations? I've already checked the spreadsheet and nothing on it matches that.
>>
>>150834012
One of the oldest pictures on the internet i havent seen this one in a while.
>>
Any lists of Japanese mods? I know they have their share of stuff.
>>
>>150844905
>funnel cakes rules
I might steal this, made me chuckle
>>
>>150844750
>>150845913
Greggy Greg do please kindly stuff a sock in it.
>>
File: 2015-09-07_23.41.08.png (1MB, 1600x838px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-07_23.41.08.png
1MB, 1600x838px
>Nearly one year ago now
>>
>>150851220
2builders2tools, if you're looking for a classic anarchy server.
>>
File: d8fAf36.jpg (78KB, 1439x1005px) Image search: [Google]
d8fAf36.jpg
78KB, 1439x1005px
>start up 1.7.10
>enter world
>chat is spammed with "Your mod is outdated, please click this link to update: <link>"
>click links
>they're all 1.8.9 or above
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1269x905px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1269x905px
what the fuck is this
>>
>>150853103
Spoopy abyssal geode
>>
File: Dregs.jpg (377KB, 1557x830px) Image search: [Google]
Dregs.jpg
377KB, 1557x830px
>>150852664
>Today

If not for working on a nearby water channel, I never would have found it. This wasn't here the last time I inspected the area, though.

Oh, and there's a cave system somewhere, and the Ender stronghold is somewhere nearby.

>Time to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. up, faggot.
>>
Are there any mods for farming flowers besides memetania? Getting dyes on a large scale is getting annoying.
>>
>>150853725
Lol no, if you need lots of dyes, Botania is actually your best bet.
>>
>>150853725
Agricraft
>>
>>150853725
vanilla tall flower, autonomous activators applying bone meal + block breakers, automated farm shearing dyed sheep feeding the wool into a sag mill.
>>
Do you remember when I said villagers are slowly centralizing vanilla gameplay? So. I decided to check /r/minecraftsuggestions, and more than 1/5 of the "hot" suggestions are related to either villagers or iron golems.

>>150852646
>gregposting
IST ER ODER IST ER NICHT?

Shitty /int/-related jokes apart... Greg is just a Germaboo who likes to pretend he's writing in Germanized broken English. We're talking about the real deal.
>>
>>150853725
Thaumic Bases has a rainbow cactus that drops random dyes. Kinda dumb and gay but yeah.
Remember to use anon's fork.
>>
>>150854128
In my vanilla world I couldn't find one village at all. Exactly what are these amazing ideas that you saw?
>>
You guys remember that 4chan server with a custom island for each board? What happened to that?
>>
>>150854725
It's reddit. And a vMC subreddit. And a containment sub for suggestions. So most if not all suggestions are shit, I only go there to get some laugh at their expense.

That said...
>Build a iron golem in a village increases your reputation
>Curing a Zombie Villager increases your reputation in the Village it's currently in.
>If Iron golem falls on a mob it should do damage like anvil
>Villagers should not go near a door that has a zombie within 5 blocks of said door
>Iron golems can be healed with iron bars.
>If a Villager wears a Zombie Head, Zombies will ignore and not attack it
>Iron Armor for Iron Golems
7/25, 28% of the "hot suggestions".
>>
>>150855289
Some of those are reasonable, I admit.
>>
File: 1435623774697.jpg (77KB, 540x696px) Image search: [Google]
1435623774697.jpg
77KB, 540x696px
>>150855025
First iteration collapsed up its own asshole due to server admin infighting. Every other iteration didn't last nearly as long. I remember how butthurt everyone got that people teamed up to kill the Ender Dragon within half an hour on the test server. Good times.
>>
>>150855289
>>Villagers should not go near a door that has a zombie within 5 blocks of said door
that sounds like a nice workaround for some of vanilla's shit (zombies hitting trough doors...)
>>
>>150855486
Most are only reasonable if dev time is free, they would take too long and introduce too many bugs for something with so small impact on gameplay.
>>
>>150855762
Don't forget the part where half the admins wanted to make another 4craft but couldn't, and the other half wanted to make a functional polished 4craft but never did.

And now one of the better ideas this website had is ded.
>>
>>150855864
>Dev time is free
>Dinnerbone has been smashing code together without a direction for a few days now
>>
>>150858371
Bukkit was a bad API based on someone else's work, but it was the only thing out there so it became valuable enough for Curse to snatch Dinnerbong up. That made him valuable to Mojang, and that was when Minecraft took a turn for the worse.
>>
>>150858371
Dinnerbone would find a way to fuck it up. He always finds a way to fuck it up.
>>
File: Untitled.png (52KB, 900x728px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
52KB, 900x728px
Ugh, I haven't played Minecraft in years and I can't figure out why I can't run it using Forge.
I can start it up fine with regular Minecraft versions but as soon as I launch a Forge one it crashes and sends this.

please respond
>>
>>150858371
>>150858771
Mojang lacks direction. As usual. They're stuck in their "design by committee" shit, never aware it is ruining the game. It has been that way since Jeb was a newfag.
>>
>>150859071
Try using MultiMC to install Forge with. See if that helps any.
>>
File: Untitled.png (74KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
74KB, 1366x728px
>>150859296
Nope. Crashes while sending what I think is the same error message.
>>
>>150860304
Have you updated your Java? Are you on Java 8? 32 or 64 bit?
>>
>>150860304
>Forge 1.8.9
Theres your problem, either 1.7.10 with 1k+ mods or 1.10 with a few mods but is getting more mods with time.
>>
>start up modded minecraft
>CPU melts
summer is the fucking worst
>>
>>150847368
much like the retards who randomly change "ck" to "cc".
>>
>>150859201
dinnerbong has lots of direction. the problem is that direction is simply "removenotchREMOVENOTCH!" and like so many villains, the question of "and then what?" never occurs to him.
>>
>>150861204
>Computer overheats
>Go outside
>Human overheats
There is no escape
>>
>>150861614
Dinnerbone is not Mojang, though.

Even if what you say is true, he's only one voice among many, he should be the head designer.

And, if it isn't true, WHERE IS THE FUCKING HEAD DESIGNER OF MOJANG?
>>
File: succ.png (119KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
succ.png
119KB, 512x512px
>>150861396
>change "ck" to "cc"
>>
>>150861079
64 bit.

>>150861092
I don't see how that has anything to do with it.
I am literally using 0 mods apart from Forge.
I just want to make it run.
>>
>>150861964
There's none. Design by committee.
>>
>>150864740
What about the other questions?

A quick google search shows that it might be because of an incorrect pathing defined for your Java. See if a refresh/reinstall of Java will help.
>>
File: 2016-08-06_16.08.29.png (947KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_16.08.29.png
947KB, 1920x1017px
Built a recreation (well in spirit) of the Resident Evil Mansion.

Rate?
>>
File: 2016-08-06_15.54.59.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_15.54.59.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>150865393
Foyer.
>>
File: 2016-08-06_15.55.41.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_15.55.41.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>150865545
Dining room

The clock even ticks.
>>
Besides Hats and Waila, what else could I remove from Sky Factory?
>>
>>150865730
Headcrumbs
>>
>>150865730
does it have HQM? If yes, then remove it
>>
Aaaaand maybe I'm becoming too autistic even for Minecraft, but packs like SkyFactory are pretty much the reason I stopped playing.

>TDyn+ExU+AE2 pipes
>Iron Chests + drawers + AE2 + JABBA
>Tiers, tiers, tiers

I have no patience to build my own modpack, but do they need to keep so much redundancy? Isn't the modpack designer's purpose to integrate mods better?

>>150865838
Removed.

>>150866219
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>150866450
>Isn't the modpack designer's purpose to integrate mods better?
The main problem with "general audience" modpacks is that you have to find a way to make everyone happy. Which ends up making everything the same cookie-cutter kitchen sink packs "with a twist."
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nhqgqsRUCd1t72mxs.jpg (35KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nhqgqsRUCd1t72mxs.jpg
35KB, 500x504px
>>150866219
pic related
>>150865730
decocraft
>>
>>150865393
I like that its like really dark and I cant see shit from it, a day shot please?
>>
>>150866776
What we need is a new version of Horizons.

Take out all the "major" mods from the packs, and focus on the lesser known mods.
>>
>>150866450
SkyFactory is pretty much Kitchen Sink: Skyblock Edition. They even put in some lolrandom loot mods like lucky blocks and lootbags to throw away any semblance of progression.
>>
>>150867060
>decocraft
Removed.

>>150866776
Jeez. What a bunch of crap they do.

>>150867381
Lucky Blocks appeared as an optional mod... fuck that, I'm not 8.
>>
File: 1465575797241.png (478KB, 557x476px) Image search: [Google]
1465575797241.png
478KB, 557x476px
>>150866450
As people say literally a dozen times a thread: stop playing FTB's "lowest common denominator appeal" packs and make your own, tailored to your specifications.

FTB can only shit out the same modpacks with the same mods plus a "twist" (i.e. it's a fucking skyblock just like the past hundred packs).
>>
File: 2016-08-06_15.16.13.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06_15.16.13.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Finished terraforming the area for my new base, now I just need to think of what I'm going to build there. I want the nearby river to play a role, any ideas for a theme based around that?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (23KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
23KB, 500x320px
>>150867776
>completely flatten an area
>he calls this terraforming
>>
>>150867938
post your ugly ass hill house so I can laugh at it
>>
>>150866450
>>150867548
FTB packs are designed for people who are so technologically illiterate they cannot mod their own game, even if it's as simple as moving files to a single folder, i.e. 8 year olds. The presence of Lucky Blocks should have tipped you off.
Stop playing their shit.
>>
>>150867662
>>150868272
The thing is: up to 1.4.7, I've always made my own modpacks. But then I stopped playing and I got clueless about the new mods, I've been reading about game design and I got lazier.

So when I decide to make my own, I end with a megalomaniac project on paper, but I end installing only Forge, MineTweaker, ModTweaker, messing with some stuff and then "meh... why bother? Gonna play something else". Specially because I decide I want some deep changes on vanilla mechanics.

But it looks like it's time to revert this shit...
>>
File: 080616145330.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
080616145330.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>150868057
up yours, flatfag
>>
File: 8479055.jpg (134KB, 433x480px) Image search: [Google]
8479055.jpg
134KB, 433x480px
>>150868534
>ground torches
>need to hop up the hill to reach it
>still on a flat surface
>>
>>150868534
>slap a house on top of a a mound with an interesting column feature
>feels superior

The support structure is nice, but you really didn't take advantage of the land, from what this screenshot shows.
>>
>>150861204
>boot up tfc in summer
>95 degrees C temp
>>
>>150867776
Which version?
Are you... on creative?
And make it a few blocks under so you can also make a press or something.
>>
File: Xehanosiarenderr3_4717924.jpg (83KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Xehanosiarenderr3_4717924.jpg
83KB, 640x426px
>>150814228
I found this which may have some decent info
https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/qmndk/the_gigantic_guide_for_building/
>>
Jeesus fucking christ.
The ammount of microcrafting on the new Gtech is fucking insane.
Was it always this bad? am I misremembering 1.2.5?
>>
NEW THREAD WHERE
>>
File: tfwAllThePatternsLookLikeShit.png (359KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tfwAllThePatternsLookLikeShit.png
359KB, 1920x1080px
>>150872719
Yeah, I always hop into creative to take aerial screenshots. What should be lower? Press?
>>
>>150877268
>>150877268
>>150877268
>>150877268
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 153

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.