[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 774
Thread images: 88

File: 1467277462519.jpg (461KB, 1280x774px) Image search: [Google]
1467277462519.jpg
461KB, 1280x774px
Previously: >>148199076

>Patch 1.09 Info
http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
http://www.bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:http://imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
http://pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
http://pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
http://pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
http://pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
http://ssjnugget.imgur.com
>>
File: How to Defiled Amy G.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
How to Defiled Amy G.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>
Hey everyone I think my game is bugged. After killing the crow hunter in the cathedral, Eilee. Told me she would be back after just a short rest. I thought okay and went on killing shit, then I looked at all her spots and she wasnt there. Where is she????
>>
>>148319030
dead.
>>
>>148319030
She's dead as hell.
>>
>>148319030
It's not a bug. If you look at the lore on the Crow's Badge it pretty much tells you if she gives it to you, she's dead, though if you want to look at it optimistically she could've just gotten better and rode off into the sunset while you were pissing around.
>>
File: REMINDER.png (139KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
REMINDER.png
139KB, 640x600px
R E M I N D E R
E
M
I
N
D
E
R E M I N D E R
>>
Why is the location called "Tomb of Oedon" when Oedon is possibly the only Great One who is literally unkillable?
>>
>>148319497
It's a graveyard right below Oedon Chapel. Why do you thing?
>>
>>148319541
Ah, so it is "Tomb of Oedon" as in "Tomb in the name of Oedon". Yeah, should've thought a bit before asking, I guess.
>>
File: Firewitch Damage.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Firewitch Damage.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
You know the magic is much more fulfilling in DaS3 compared to the magic in BB, but I really wish they had kept the idea of being able to equip as many as you like or at least letting use up a set number of slots. Attunement slots only really made sense with DaS1's system because each attunement was what gave you your number of casts.

What do Arc tool users think and prefer? I think tools were a bit underwhelming in BB's PvE, the exceptions being bosses with obvious weak points like Amy G or Bribri.
>>
>>148319756
Pyromancy isn't magic you filthy secondary.
>>
Has anyone actually gotten a nourishing% + flat arc gem? Farming brainsuckers makes me crave death.
>>
>>148319802
Yes, it is. Pyromancy isn't sorcery.
>>
>>148319802
Why are you doing this, literally five posts before you is >>148319436

Just do us all a favor filter him already.
>>
>>148319837
I didn't think flat arc was a possible secondary outside of of brainsucker gems.

That aside, what would even need +15 flat arc? You use nourishings for split damage, wouldn't you want the flat physical?
>>
>>148320173
No, I mean something like 9.1% ATK up + 67.5 arc from brainsuckers, you might be thinking of gargoyle nourishings with a flat arc bonus which would probably also work well but I'm planning on using these on a wheel so the more flat arc I have, the better.
>>
>>148320524
>the more flat arc the better

Depends on the build. You only want brainsucker gems with low arc or, if you have high arc, on your way to getting Amygdala nourishings.

I mean, unless you're a shitter and exclusively use dash attacks.
>>
File: 1468036450321-vg.jpg (665KB, 1280x1698px) Image search: [Google]
1468036450321-vg.jpg
665KB, 1280x1698px
Xst for kos
>>
Yo where can I find some of that old blood these crazy people keep talking bout? Church crackers keeping that shit to themselves huh?

Well guess what, fuck you church, me and Josefka are gonna start our own little blood distribution and go all Tony Montana on your ass.

Can't wait until they release Cripborne
>>
> Fighting Pthumrian Elder
> Hit him with HMS running R2 followed by another R2
> He falls over
> mid fall animation he teleports
> appears litterally on top of me and hits me before my attack animation is even over
> one hit KO

Why is this allowed? If I hit a boss with enough force to topple him, he shouldn't get to retaliate faster than his usual reactions.
>>
>>148322416
That shit annoys me too, especially when BB was supposed to be all about being more aggressive.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 919x746px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 919x746px
Man, I love Bloodborne but this game really has some of the cheapest and flat out unfun segments of any game i've played.

The Bloody Crow of Cainhurst is just a joke.

>gun does 50% health
>infinite stamina
>infinite ammo
>can heal
>Can get a lucky parry that is an insta kill

In fact, every hunter that you fight in this game (outside of bosses like Maria) our flat out, unfun and completely repetitive.

Is there a way to cheese this shit because i'm getting tired of grinding him out each playthrough.
>>
>>148323084

Yea, I don't know who designed those mini bosses but they fucking suck
>>
>>148323084
learn to parry and not get shot. The hunters in the unseen village are the most fun thing in the game.
>>
>>148320950
I can savescum a vitgouge wheel build whenever I want, but I want to try a nourishing setup that also doesn't gimp the inarguably best move tricked wheel has.
>>
>>148323084
poison knives are your friend
i was lucky enough to have the guy at the machinegun in old yharnam to suicide by sidestepping off the ledge, he's just a pain cos of the area you fight on
>>
>>148323368

>Parry
>Do barely any damage
>he heals

This isn't a case of "git gud", this is a case of an enemy not being fun to fight no matter how good you get. I've beaten him 5 times now on 5 separate playthroughs and he's relatively easy but not fun.
>>
>>148324383
Then you grind abyssals from Amygdala (or Rom for the radial). You want +21.5% ATK up with +15 physical. You'll lose out on something like fifty damage on the dash attack, but you'll get around 150 more damage on all of your single hit attacks.
>>
can I give gems to my other character
really don't want to go through chalice again
>>
File: 0.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
How do Fromsoftware make such intriguing lore for their games bros?

I don't think any game i've played made me want to discuss the various lore/world building found in Bloodborne.
>>
>>148324970
If your riposte a shit then use the change to land a charged R2. If he tried to heal, parry that too. It is a matter of getting good. He is supposed to be tough. It's not even like you are required to do the quest line.
>>
File: L4sVG8F.gif (384KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
L4sVG8F.gif
384KB, 250x188px
>invading cathedral ward at bl43
>close the gates
>see mobs on staires are still alive
>go to lamb
>kill henriette
>no host in sight
>search everywhere for 20 min
>no host
>sit down on staires near the pistol guy
>waiting for 20 min now
>no host
>mfw

What the fuck! Where could he be?
>>
File: Words Fail Me.jpg (114KB, 600x774px) Image search: [Google]
Words Fail Me.jpg
114KB, 600x774px
>>148325112
Because they actually give you answers for most of the relevant questions you throw up, give you context for what you do, what it means, and because, whatever you do, you feel like you're actually in that world and making an impact.

Counterpoint: Have you played / watched a LP of that new Playdead game, called Inside? It's the guys who made Limbo. I watched it yesterday (WATCHED; I fucking spent two hours on YT watching a cinematic playthrough and the fucker only died once) and although the visual and world theme was kind of similar to the Souls games, being desolate, dead and often monochrome, the story itself sucks a fat one. You achieved nothing that means anything to me because nothing was even vaguely elaborated on, the game ends on a totally retarded twist that comes out of nowhere and there wasn't a single character in the story to get interested in. Hell, not even the main character is a real person or has any relationships.

To summarize my view, I think the Fromsoft games and their lore are so good because every single one of them revolves around CHARACTERS. Many writers, especially game writers, forget that any story is 99% defined by the characters in it, and that humans could give a wet fart on the story and the worldbuilding, it's the CHARACTERS that your perception of the world circles around.

And the From games do this in a great way, they introduce the world as centered around a handful of really powerful people that shaped it from the day it existed and then place you as the player a long time after those days and give you the task of dodgerolling those important people TO DEATH. If there is an important person in the lore, chances are that you will end up in a big duke-out to the death with them, and chances are that the loot they drop will have descriptions that illuminate the backstory of the world even more. It's an intrinsically human way of telling the story, because I don't care about a castle, I care about who built it, why.
>>
Is there anything sweeter than when someone summons extra helpers to deal with an invasion than shooting the newly spawned guy with a BMA'd cannon while he bows?
>>
>>148325112
To add another point to what the other replying anon said, as From makes the story about characters, the way they tell it, even through game mechanics and even shit like architexture is utterly compelling. The best example is still probably the missing Nameless King statues in dark souls 1's Anor Londo, or even Dark Souls difficulty that acts as a metanarrative parallel to hollowing by making players consider giving up. They make a character-driven world, and then focus everything on reinforcing immersion within that world, whether that's game mechanics or whatever. I feel like i failed to articulate what i wanted to say though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
How close am I to beating the game bros?

I just killed ROM the spider (did some optional shit like the crows questline and finished Cainhurst)
>>
>>148328168
Rom is about the midway point.
>>
>>148323084
>>148323084
Three poison knives is enough to drain a third of his health. You can bait him into draining his own health with the tricked Chitage, and then parry him when he's throwing around the predictable red splashes it makes. When he starts popping the Old Hunter's Bone with the untricked Chitahge he usually rolls to the side and shots, so pop your own or just stop attacking him. If you're really having trouble dodge around and only use parries.
>>
File: 10405.jpg (37KB, 400x570px) Image search: [Google]
10405.jpg
37KB, 400x570px
Should I snitch the queen of Cainhurst to Alfred bros?

What's the consequences?
>>
File: 1458952783867.jpg (81KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
1458952783867.jpg
81KB, 379x364px
>mfw parried every Yurie's attack
On the side note: it's your fourth game From and you STILL can't fucking fix that shit when you can't riposte/visceral attack if you're lower on the stairs than your opponent
>>
>>148328604
If you haven't already joined the Vilebloods you miss out on a lot of black and red shit. Might as well go full Judas if you do you ungrateful piece of shit.
>>
>>148328604
Pros: you can finally make Alfred kill himself
Cons: you'll have to wait till later in the game before you can resurrect Annalise
>>
>>148328168
You've got a few main areas and 2 major optional areas to go. 7 bosses if I'm not mistaken. One those optional ones was avalible as soon as entered the forest. step lightly round to the right of the great Cathederal, and seek an ancient shrouded Church...the gift of the godhead will grant you strength...

And also the DLC, which you should definetly get if you havnt already and play it just before fighting the final boss (you'll know when it is). And there's Chalice dungeons as well, if you want even more content.
>>
Does anyone know if Kos has any weakspot in his second form?
I'm doing a suicide run to get the parasite but when I get him to his second form he just destroys me.
>>
>>148328775
>>148328791

I've already joined them why do I need Annalise? Do I miss out on any shit if I snitch her to Alfred?
>>
>>148328996
No, there's no downside at all.

You get:
> One of the coolest scenes and Dialouge in a FromSoft game
> a Gesture
> a rune

You lose
> acsess to Annalise (temporarily)

Do it!
>>
File: WHEEL.jpg (291KB, 1664x934px) Image search: [Google]
WHEEL.jpg
291KB, 1664x934px
>>148328604
>>148328996
You miss out on cucking yourself and gain the option to join the Executioners, the OBJECTIVELY BETTER COVENANT whose purpose is to PURGE FILTHY VILEBLOODS. You also get the Wheel, the which is perfect for CRUSHING DISGUSTING HERETICS.

Do it. Give him the summons, give him purpose. You won't be disappointed.
>>
>>148329349
>Executioners
>leader is dead
>every other member is presumably dead too
>no rewards
>shitty rune effect
>"objectively better covenant"
U laffin m8?
>>
>>148329568
Objectively better because it means I get to SMASH and POUND and GROUND your Vileblood ass like the filth you are.
>>
File: 1443011794095.jpg (95KB, 500x743px) Image search: [Google]
1443011794095.jpg
95KB, 500x743px
>>148329662
>implying I'm a Vileblood
Nice try though
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20151014105036.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20151014105036.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
Good evening, /bbg/. Unfortunately my day off is long over now, I'm back at my office chair, working, with the hunt on hold. The countdown starts from this moment on and in six days I'll be huntan' and slayan' and blood spillin' some more. The wait will be pure torture, but the situation being what it is - at least now I have something to look forward to each week.

I'm probably going to make a huge ass post or even a couple of them over the time (since technically I couldn't be shitposting while at work, since I work with people around me, so it might take lots of times in between the posts), where I'll talk about my Bloodborne gaming experience up until Vicar Amelia and the Darkbeast Paarl.

Kinda miss hearing the haunting orchestra and having a choir sing SANGUINEEEEEEEEEEE into my headphones, but it's going to be ok. Next week I want to go deeper into the story and the chalices and hopefully find a Dex weapon that I can swap with my saw spear (I do love the weapon, but all the weapons I've gotten so far have been either Str or Quality weapons, besides the cane.)
>>
>>148329349
>>148329662
>the only reason he chose his shitty covenant is le wheel memes
>he tries to defend his shitty life decisions by shitposting on a rangoon radio play relay-chat

You're embarrassing yourself.

>>148329879
You might as well join the neighbourhood watch for all the importance the League has.
>>
>>148329952
Hey, at least League is a pretty cool guy. He eats beasts and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>148330112
I was bummed you couldn't kill him for the clock. Always wanted to cut my way through beasts looking like Carolus Rex.
>>
>>148329952
I don't wear Radiance because of shitty memes, I wear Radiance because it's fun to fight Vilebloods when I get summoned by them. I do a lot of coop, so it's nice to shake things up from time to time with a good purging.

Besides, Vilebloods are all edgelord cuckmasters with their le blood katanas. Who wouldn't want to purge that?

>>148329879
You should have just said you weren't a disgusting Vileblood. You confederates are a boon to the hunt if there ever was one. Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
>>148330112
Hey, at least League is a pretty cool guy. He eats beasts and doesn't ascared of anything

>FTFY
>>
>>148328642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T4ch0xV2Nc
>>
>>148330197
>>148329879

>not being a hunter of hunters

You're obviously mad, I'll kill you in a bit
>>
>>148330346
>not being a Lumenwood Kin
ayy lmao
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 750x1334px
So I just got a PS4 finally after all this time, and have bloodborne of course. I started with the saw blade and have killed Cleric Beast and opened up the shortcut at the first Lamp. Anything I need to know for this game? I've beaten and played ever souls game, demon to 3. Bloodborne is so much faster and I often catch myself over extending and getting comboed to death so I'm
Getting use to how it is played differently from Souls. So far it's literally 10/10 this atmosphere and enemies and everything is great.
>>
File: REEEEE.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>148330445
>Not being a fluffy beast

grr rofl
>>
File: 1453674613859.jpg (80KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
1453674613859.jpg
80KB, 600x851px
>>148330197
>hoonting hoontas

Leave the hoonting of hoontas to me, ye cuk!
>>
>>148331084
I don't hunt the blood-drunk, I purge filth. I'd like to think there's a difference.
>>
DUURRRR FROMSOOFTWAARE!

I WAS DAAWGING WOW DOOD

HIT THE WINBUTAWN: DED!

WOOOOW DOOOOOOD

RNG BULLSHIAT

SHITTY CONTROLLS
>>
>>148330627
Some things to keep in mind.

- Every time you get a Badge check the shop, new stuff will be there
- Talk to NPC's after every boss, they won't always have anything new, but bosses are always the trigger.
- If it's not fucking gigantic and has arms you can probably parry it.
- bosses may seem like they have unesisary amounts of HP, this usually means there's a mechanic to the fight, humanoids it's often parrying big beasts or monsters usually have a weak spot (Cleric Beast takes 2x damage to his head for example) or crippleable limbs to stun them and inflict 50% more damage for a while.
- Don't be afraid to upgrade anything and everything to +6, Shards and Twin Shards are everywhere, but Chunks and Rocks are very hard to obtain until endgame (and by endgame I don't mean last area, I mean Dungeons that are equivilent to NG+4) so choose carefully what you want to upgrade to max first.

Otherwise your souls knowledge should keep you going, just go out and kill a few beasts, it's just what hunters do.
>>
File: 1453335127575.jpg (134KB, 850x450px) Image search: [Google]
1453335127575.jpg
134KB, 850x450px
>>148331303
Ye wheelcuks are the worst of the bloody worst really.
>>
>>148331580
>Executioners
>Worse than Vilebloods

I do my damnedest to keep them from preying on others and this is the thanks I get? This filth isn't blood-drunk, you fool. It's out of your jurisdiction.
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713112509.jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713112509.jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
Post the moment this game became the best game you have ever played
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713141507.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713141507.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
>>148331303
>>148330197
>>148329879

>you will never purge vilebloods with your Executionfu

Why even live bros?
>>
>>148332387
Live to carry on what he can't in death, anon.

May the good blood guide your way, and let us cleanse these tarnished streets.
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713132348.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713132348.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
Post a more aesthetic Hunter/Attire.

Pro tip, purge vilebloods
>>
File: Gregor WHEEL.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gregor WHEEL.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
>>148332780
Gascoigne's Cap + Charred Hunter Garb for best hat/torso combo.
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713140736.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713140736.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
>>148333023

>that normie skin
>those ragged trousers

Disgusting
>>
>>148331984
The one where I had to experience all the story through YT videos because I don't have 350 bucks to throw at it
>>
>>148332780
>>148333118
>purge vilebloods
>wearing Cainhurst legs

Take your goddamn Radiance rune off and never put it on again, you traitor.
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713141351.jpg (343KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713141351.jpg
343KB, 1920x1080px
>>148333250

>not wearing the bloodied armor of your fallen enemies into battle so other vilebloods may realize what awaits them

Pic related, it's how you'll end up with that train of thought
>>
>>148333484
>Ever disgracing yourself and your fellow executioners by even thinking about donning armor made for and by filthy Vilebloods

I bet you think the Chikage is a cool weapon too you fucking Vileblood apologist.
>>
>>148332780
I don't have a pic but try

Knights Wig (free stats without a shitty helmet and doesn't show up because of Tombs collar)
Tomb Prospector Garb
Executioners Gauntlets
Gascoignes Trousers
>>
Should I kill the whore for a cord or should I get it from Mergo?
>>
File: tumblr_nmjotlmwPA1qgik10o1_1280.gif (785KB, 600x567px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmjotlmwPA1qgik10o1_1280.gif
785KB, 600x567px
>>148331927
Ye'r all killers. No matter how you sugarcoat it. All ripe for skyburial in me book.
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713140751.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713140751.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>148333681

>implying I want to be part of a dead faction
>implying you can't purge vilebloods and laugh at the cucked Executioners
>>
File: ukrainan undead walker.jpg (170KB, 1000x629px) Image search: [Google]
ukrainan undead walker.jpg
170KB, 1000x629px
>>148334349
>the Queen constantly reanimates
>implying a simple solution to this isn't just to hogtie her and cast her in a 2x2x2m concrete cube, then drop her into the sea
lmao
>great bodies of water serve as a bulwark
>>
File: 1465675126317.jpg (60KB, 540x700px) Image search: [Google]
1465675126317.jpg
60KB, 540x700px
>>148334524

>tfw have been pretending to be a cucked Executioner in this thread
>tfw have the Queenies blood
>tfw wearing based Cainhurst leggins/gloves
>tfw Executionercuck kill himself because he thinks the Queen is dead
>tfw will revive her

Is there a more cucked covenant in any Soulsborne game?
>>
>>148334694
Most likely Dorkmoons because of serving a ladyboy who canonically gets eaten out by a slimegirl
>>
>>148334764
>girl
Aldrich is referred to ingame as male.
>>
>>148334889
Well yes, the dude only looks like a lady after all.
>>
>>148332780

>that armor

Cosplaying as Vampire Hunter D?

In fact, Bloodborne has quite a few resemblances to the Vampire Hunter D 1985 anime. Does anyone here think it was intentional? Just like Dark Souls takes clear inspiration from Berzerk?
>>
>>148335131
Wouln't be shooked. Miyazaki knows his shit!
>>
>>148321020

I'll never not laugh at this.
>>
Bloodtinge builds have it easier than they think as far as the grind is concerned. All it takes is time, there's no challenge in killing the same fatty 800 times. They don't even have to worry about secondaries, just keep killing fatties until you get your offshape.

Meanwhile, arc builds have to fight bosses like Rom and Amygdala, where you're constantly at risk of getting oneshot, and with them you have to hope you get an abyssal, and then hope the secondary isn't ass, and then hope the curse isn't ass.

Bloodtinge babbies need to stop their whining already.
>>
File: 1468405632716.jpg (1MB, 2714x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1468405632716.jpg
1MB, 2714x1920px
I'm surprised at the lack of Anime set in similar settings to Bloodborne.

You would think it would be a goldmine for that sort of media. Does anyone know of any besides the obvious like Vampure Hunter D/Berzerk (which even then are a stretch)?
>>
>>148335857
Its easier but usually a lot more tedious. The thing with Blt offshape farming is that once you've gained your one offshape after killing the Watcher 100 times in a row, you have to make sure its not a warm damp offshape, which adds shitty tinge scaling rather than blood atk, then you have to make sure its not a shit curse like atk down or -hp for it to be usable.

Arc doesn't have it easy at all but can be done a lot quicker unless they're autistically looking for a specific secondary/curse on their Abyssals/Nourishings.

Also
>Killing FRC Rom
>When Gargoyles drop 19.3% Nourishings
That's all on you
>>
>>148335857
You're right that in terms of mechanical skill it's far easier to get good BLT gems, but it's also far more boring fighting the same non-boss enemy over and over again than running through chalices and fighting the bosses.
>>
>>148331984
The moment papa g transforms and the music dails it up to 11.

>mfw
>>
>PS+ just expired
>PS4 promptly becomes useless

This paid online meme needs to die.
>>
I sincerely hope that the retarded faggot who thought that bloody crow of cainhurst is a great idea dies from the most painfull disease there is
>>
>>148337818
just parry him
>>
File: 1453230142375.jpg (982KB, 1100x864px) Image search: [Google]
1453230142375.jpg
982KB, 1100x864px
>>148337818
Protip:

>Lure him down to the stairs
>Get betwen him and the stairs so the gate is behind him
>he will now just want to get back on the stairs
>he will not attack just walk
>you win
>>
>>148337818
Fighting him right now, got the bastard down to barely any health and he does his shitty ass roll on shoot 4 times in a row
>>
>invading people
>everyone is using either Ludwigs Holy Blade or Blades of Mercy

I don't get it, why are these so popular?
>>
>>148338762
I dunno about the BoM, I really hate that weapon. It's no fun to use at all. But I really enjoy using the LHB. It's got good and useful tricked and untricked movesets, has good scaling with SKL, STR, and ARC so you can use it on a variety of builds, and you can get it relatively early into the game.
>>
>>148338762
>Invading in Middle Loft
>Almost on a cycle of Rakuyo, Ludwigs, Blade of Mercy, Chikage

Some weapons just attract shitters. Rakuyo and Blade of Mercy are because lmao2kat, Ludwig's is a mix of Guts sword and it being scrub friendly, Chikage is a literal blood katana.

It doesn't help that almost 75% of these people wear the same goddamn Cainhurst helm.
>>
>>148338220
this doesn't exaclty help when he's left with 1 hit before he dies and he either goes full on "fuck stamina" mode or does this >>148338619
Already got him though, using a similar approach >>148338372
>>
Alright anon, I'm at the of the road of Hunter's Dream and Hunter's Nightmare. End game boss now waiting for me transverse through the Nightmare Fog.

Moon Presence or Orphan of Kos? Which one should I go?
>>
File: 1453283300396.gif (647KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
1453283300396.gif
647KB, 500x289px
>>148339220
>BoM no fun to use
>LHB is awesome

Get a load of this scrub
>>
>>148339645
Orphan, definetly Orphan.

Do not kill Moon Presance until you have done everything else.
>>
>>148339817
As someone that just did a playthrough that used the BoM from Henryk up to Mensis, not a fan.
>>
>>148339592
I'm seeing lots of crow steel knock offs too. It's especially funny when you see the host in black church armor or something else fairly plain, and his down scaled summon going full edge mode.

>>148339817
I've never used blades of mercy but from what I've seen they look pretty lame. Then again all the people who I fight just spam the dash attack with them.
>>
>>148340069
Learn to use it then?
>>
>>148339824
Still gonna finish Chalice Dungeon though.
>>
>>148340161
Obviously I did if I succeeded with it. At the end of the day, I just didn't enjoy the moveset beyond the tricked L2 and the tricked dodge R1. It also really bothers me that untricked R1 attacks just smack the opponent with the flat of the blade instead of actually trying to hurt them.
>>
>>148340086
Watch PvPskillz's review
>>
>>148340365
Untricked is only good for charged r2 and raviolistep r2
>>
>>148340549
There you go. That's a big problem I have with the weapon: half the moveset is garbage.
>>
>>148340201
You can do that in ng+, famalam
>>
File: wait a sec.png (74KB, 299x222px) Image search: [Google]
wait a sec.png
74KB, 299x222px
>>148340401
>>148340086

Am I the only one who see's nothing but edgelord charred Hunter sets in PVP
>>
>>148340674
The other half is cool as all fuck tho
>>
>>148340853
R1 spam is boring, running R1 is terrible, both backstep attacks are nothing special. R2 and running R2 are the most reliable damage moves in PvE because the R1 combo is weak as shit unless you get the whole thing off, and even then it's weaker than comparable weapons.

Dodge R1 and L2 are fun to use, but that's about all I can give it.
>>
>>148340835
I see more str builds then anything else tbqh
>>
>>148330627
E X P L O R E

Some entire areas can be overlooked by pure mistake, so check every single nook and cranny for everything to side areas to just corridors, check boss arenas after the boss is dead, check regular areas. It's worth it.

Windows and doors with red lanterns outside them have people inside, talk to them.
>>
>tfw coming home to /bbg/

I've been playing the Witcher for what feels like a month, it might be my GOTY over BB but that's not the point. That general was so uncomfy, full of bad vibes and generally unhelpful.

I miss it here, dare I even say I missed Luci's God awful webms
>>
>>148334694
>anon reveals he has no sense of decency and can only function when dominated by an inbred woman: the post
>>
File: swtmvsx.jpg (69KB, 666x570px) Image search: [Google]
swtmvsx.jpg
69KB, 666x570px
>>148341272
>>
>>148341272
Speak of the devil and he shall appear.
>>
>>148340835
I see a lot of Harrowed Garb and Brador's Testimony and I don't understand because those are both pretty shit fashion, the antlers especially since they were never paired with Beast Hide Garb.

>>148341272
Trust me, you absolutely did not miss the tripfag.

>>148341337
Did you really expect anything less from a frogposter?
>>
>>148341087
Thats cool. For me BoM is the reason bb stand above all other souls games.

Dat sound design alone!
>>
>>148341272
No...we shall not abandon the dream
>>
>>148341563
The sound design is nice. In all other aspects I prefer something like the Burial Blade, the HMS on a quality build, or Simon's Bowblade with 50 SKL and 50 BLT. I'd also like to say I haven't used the BoM in PvP yet. All of my experience is from PvE, but I've heard the only thing that makes the BoM viable in PvP is the tricked dodge R1.
>>
File: 1466721561337.jpg (30KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1466721561337.jpg
30KB, 292x257px
>>148325358
Holy fuck were you that guy? I just hid behind the pots and sat down
>>
Anyone have the link to the spreadsheet with individual attack modifiers? I'm interested in the HMS, Chikage, Bloodletter, and Wheel specifically.
>>
>>148341897
Its got some cool (hit confirm) combos. But you have to work around the non existing range.

I always use Augur with it.
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160629173251.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160629173251.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
>>148332780
>>
File: giphy-36.gif (202KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-36.gif
202KB, 500x281px
>>148342034
>>
I found a item called Avolina's doll what the fuck does it do?
>>
What do y'all think of this build: 50/15/50/25/5/15
Uses the cannon/hunter pistol and HMS/steak.
>>
File: 2QgOksg.jpg (227KB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
2QgOksg.jpg
227KB, 2208x1242px
>>148342034
That's just too good to be true. I do always end up fight you turds in Mensis though
>>
>>148342513
Stap it
>>
>>148332780
Why 110
>>
Whatever happened to that writer fag from the last thread did he make bloodborne 2?
>>
File: Shh!.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shh!.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>148342940
>>
>>148343006
woops meant to link>>148342850
>>
>>148343006
Because I like it.
I don't really have a reason other than that. I feel like 120 compromises build variety, but 98 forces too many sacrifices.
I'm just autistic, I guess.
Any other thoughts?
>>
>>148343142
Steak is bad and you won't enjoy it but luckily you have a lot of other weapons to use at 50/25
also your hmls lacks arcane investment so the beams will hit for about as much as a +10 pistol
>>
File: Irithyll.jpg (411KB, 3543x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Irithyll.jpg
411KB, 3543x2480px
Is Irithyll Yharnam?
Is Eleum Loyce Yharnam?
Is Eleum Loyce Irithyll?
>>
>>148343320
I haven't used the steak yet, but I'm willing to give it a try. As for the HMS, from my calculations this seems to be the way to make the best use out of both forms and give me the most damage possible on the moveset sans the beams. Should I still go nourishing on the HMS, or would blunt adept/physical gems be better?
Also as an alternative to the steak I could use the poonhammer (ignoring obvious options like the pizza cutter or LHB), which uses nourishings, right? Or should that be blunt as well?
>>
>>148343375
No
No
Maybe
>>
>>148343375

>> /dsg/ >>
>>
File: Sirloin Steak, Well Done.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sirloin Steak, Well Done.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>148343142
>>148343320
Steak is fine, the only thing it lacks in is range. The damage from it is good on its own, and when you add its counterhit bonus it gets even better. Plus the rocket punch gives you infinite style points if you land it on someone which happens more often than you'd think.
>>
File: 1458330551-7311-photo.jpg (22KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
1458330551-7311-photo.jpg
22KB, 480x319px
>>148343375
Is he the absolute madman?
What wil he do next?
Will there be a sequel to bloodborne?
>>
>>148343679
Ideal would be 50/25/25 with nourishings for hmls but you can run the standard phys setup with 1 heavy abyssal to the most out of everything but the beams
You won't want blunt gems because the untricked r2 is the pvp crutch move that has mad hyper armor, very little windup, and is thrust damage with a decent sized modifer
I found the boomhammer super boring but like I said you have a lot of options as a 50/25 so find what you like
>>
Does TOH ever go on sale?
I'm still way late to the party and don't care to pay 20 dollars for an expansion pack.
>>
File: 1451469269875.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451469269875.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone have sliders for this? I'm making a new character today and I'm crap at sliderfu.
>>
>>148344037
Thanks for the tips. No input on the gems for the boomhammer gems though?

>>148344057
One of the best 20 dollary doos I've ever spent.
>>
>>148343098
I WAS TALKING ABOUT YOUU
>>
>>148344019
>What wil he do next?

Sci-fi Souls, friend.
>>
File: 1465435626723-vg.gif (2MB, 237x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465435626723-vg.gif
2MB, 237x300px
>>148344057
>>
>>148344057
It's honestly worth the 20 didgeridoos. It adds a shit ton of the game that is absolutely worth it. I will shill the living shit out of it because I love it so much.
>>
There no secrets left in bloodborne right? Every chalice is completed every secret gates unveiled every singles item is gathered and their purpose is known.Every dialogue of every npc is known.
And all endings are proper endings with no sequel bait. Or are there anything left in this that still has a mystery surrounding it
>>
File: le souls.png (470KB, 1686x836px) Image search: [Google]
le souls.png
470KB, 1686x836px
>>148344631
That cuck was a liar. He's worse than lucifer.
>>
>>148344757
Replaying the game I noticed a few things that I never have before, like in the Cathedral Ward the sniper villager will shout "OVER HERE" to rally a mob out of a building, and villagers will have different dialogue depending on your outfit. I've never seen those things talked about, so there could be more little details you've missed out on.
Pretty sure everything huge and groundbreaking has been found, though.
>>
>>148344920
How do we know he was lying?

Also, didn't Mistubushi say he was interested in doing a sci-fi project?
>>
File: Spin2Win.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spin2Win.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>148344495
Kek
>>
>>148345070
He said the trailer would come out at e3 at sony's conference. And a few days after e3 he made a new thread claiming it was postponed to tgs because the trailer was too violent(orlando shooting) and the title was changed.
>>
>>148319436
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN1PIelq8MI
>>
>>148344757
Guidance tier 3.
>>
>>148323084
you can kill eileen early on for the badge
>>
>>148344441
Blunt gems will get you the highest damage with the boomhammer, especially with no arc investment
>>
>>148345823
You find that in Pthumeru Source in NG+10, it's worth it.
>>
>>148343098
fuckin nice outfit senpai
is that charred hunter garb and gascoignes cap?
>>
Anyone wanna co op Gerhman?

Sick of that hook grab in the last parts.
>>
>>148345928
Thanks, buddy. 'Preciate it.
>>
>>148346109
You know it, best hat/torso combo in the game.

Executioner Gauntlets and Ashen Hunter Trousers for the rest.
>>
File: 1468250941872.jpg (330KB, 1017x579px) Image search: [Google]
1468250941872.jpg
330KB, 1017x579px
>>148323084
I kinda like Crowsteel or defiled hotdog/amy. Nothing in DaS 3 gave me this feeling of accomplishment like back when I defeated Taurus demon or SteinSmough. Crowsteel and Amy could give me this feeling.

>tfw Taurus will never beat you around the wall
>tfw you will never be stuck against a boss for hours or even days
>tfw gettin gud now feels bad in hindsight
>>
>>148344307
just do maria, maria is best waifu
>>
>>148345845
it's the rune that matters.
>>
>>148346419
I had the same feeling with DaS3. Nothing can top stuff like Ludwig.
>>
>>148346496
You got any good Maria sliders? The ones I've found aren't great.
>>
>>148346419
Taurus never beat me in a fair fight. He always threw me off the fucking bridge. I don't know why they made that arena for the first real boss of the game. Even the Maneaters bossfight had a better arena than Taurus'.
>>
Grinding for vials is so fucking shit.

All this shit does is delay everything
>>
>>148346943
Be less shit and you won't need to grind vials.
>>
>>148346943
>grinding for vials
try not chugging them like a fucking kegger next time douchelord
>>
>>148346943
>people unironically grind vials
get fucking good
>>
File: 1468281801009-vg.jpg (71KB, 425x507px) Image search: [Google]
1468281801009-vg.jpg
71KB, 425x507px
>>148346943
>grinding vials

Kek i bet you kite bsb too, don't you?
>>
>>148346696
just use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2dfZ8QsrlA
looks a bit weird at first but really comes together with the gear
>>
>>148346943
literally the only time you should ever grind vials, only like 20 extra, is in preparation for cainhurst because literally none drop there
>>
What's the most bullshit location in the game and why is it Yahar'gul?
>>
I want to be able to invade around the world
most specifically invade the research hall, cainhurst, and mergos loft
what is a good level to be invading all of them at
im thinking 85
or should i just go ahead to 120
>>
>>148347759
Hordes of powerful enemies with ranged attacks that are near-suicidal to fight in a group, long, linear design means you can't avoid them too well unless you go up into the buildings above. It's linear and the sheer difficulty makes it unappealing to explore.

The only thing I enjoy is The One Reborn, because he's my favourite design in the whole game.
>>
>>148347714
Those little rapier dwarves always drop vials.

>>148347873
80 max I would say.
>>
>>148347759
Nightmare frontier says hi
>>
File: 1468356794208-vg.png (576KB, 1200x788px) Image search: [Google]
1468356794208-vg.png
576KB, 1200x788px
>>148348003
>yahargoul hard
>TOR good design
>>
>>148348004
is it very important that its 80 and not 85?
My build will be pretty stamina starved at 80
>>
>>148348254
>leveling endurance
ahaha
>>
>>148348094
this, easily the worst zone
>>148348314
i run out of juice in 2 swings pham
need 10 endurance at least
>>
>>148347759
Post-Bloodmoon Yaharhar can fuck itself, the laser Amy has lost me so many fucking echoes it isn't even funny.
>>
File: the one reborn.png (1MB, 540x576px) Image search: [Google]
the one reborn.png
1MB, 540x576px
>>148348174
It's not hard if you just sprint right through it, no, but that's not especially fun either.

And yes I love that design, artistically.
>>
>>148348314
>not levelling endurance to 99
>shiggy
>diggy
>doo
>>
>>148348506
best design is superwendigo
pham
>>148348314
My build works a lot better at 85 than 80 because i accidentally misplaced 1 point
Will i find invasions in research hall at 85 or not
>>
>>148348314
>any endurance is bad meme
yeah you dont have to level it past 20 at most, but a lot of weapons really benefit from levelling endurance, and its really fucking good to be able to attack a lot and put pressure on fleeing enemies, and in most cases it won't hurt you build level.
>>
>>148348254
Idk what level people usually are at Cainhurst. My guess is ~40-50 but I don't really know. 80 is perfect for Mensis invasions though and most people do Hunters Nightmare when they are almost through the main game because Lewdwig bullies them.
>>
>>148348723
You should be fine, 5 levels isn't a lot if you're just looking for randoms.
>>
>tfw the boss is easy as fuck and not complicated but you yourself keep fucking up over minor shit
>>
>>148349225
Tell me about it. I just can't kill Papa G in his beast form on my new character.
>>
>>148349524
I fucking hate when you are trying to switch to short sword form and the damn character does a fucking attack before he switches for some reason.

Because of this shit I'm left prone for some instant killer attack.
>>
>>148349828
>he doesn't know
Your dash is the same as an attack when it comes to tricking your weapon, if you want to trick without attacking, don't spam panic dashes like a mongoloid
>>
>>148349828
You mean the transform attack? Just wait a second after dodging/attacking before tricking your weapon.
>>
I just started this game and I'm blind to everything around it, I'm tempted right now to watch a speedrun just to know the areas pretty well instead of wasting time going around pressing interact with anything

Actually do we have a cheat guide like dsg? I'm going to check the pastebin but still think watching a speedrun will be good

Lastly, so endurance is a memestat? I thought 40 END was a must for these games because spamming weapons is good and never go wrong with stamina
>>
File: 1468253366832.jpg (34KB, 444x453px) Image search: [Google]
1468253366832.jpg
34KB, 444x453px
>>148353667
>watching someone play before you finished the game

There is a guide somewhere, check the ssjnugget imgur too.
>>
File: 1468321997914.jpg (372KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
1468321997914.jpg
372KB, 1200x700px
>>148353837

>Watching a speedrun is bad because SPOILERS

Nah nigga, It doesn't even cover 100% most of the time and it shows the paths briefly to finish the game

Also,

>Not liking spoilers

You'll eventually get to them so why wait? are you upset if someone tells you Snape kills Dumbledore or that Adachi is the killer?
>>
File: 1468422629915.jpg (16KB, 303x313px) Image search: [Google]
1468422629915.jpg
16KB, 303x313px
>>148354079
>>
>>148354079
>Adachi is the killer
YOU
FUCKING
FAGGOT
>>
>took me 3 hours to beat the old fuck in hunters dream
>had no vials and hp was little
>game shoves another boss right away
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>148354079
Your life must be extremely boring and dull.
>>
>>148354720
Because at that point you have enough coldblood to buy 1000 vials.
>>
File: 1468015858466.jpg (68KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468015858466.jpg
68KB, 640x640px
>>148355085
It is unfortunately, Time is a prison and every second counts even if you stop

>Have to work out on my own
>Work isn't something that gives life meaning more like a chore that's a hassle just for money to sustain
>Didn't realize life as an adult would be so boring compared to still being in school and messing around all the time with friends and vidya

Now going off to work goodbye my friends
>>
>>148355339
Fuck off
>>
>beat the game
>doll bitch grabs some slimy shit off the floor
>calls it hunter

I dun get it
>>
>>148356320
You are that creature and you'Ve became a great one.
>>
>>148356320
YOU'RE A KID NOW

YOU'RE A SQUID NOW
>>
Coming back from an extended hiatus, what level range currently has decent activity?

Looking to jolly co-op and teach some scrubs they need to git gud.
>>
>>148356963
Mess around with the level range calculator a bit.
55 looks good, but if thats too restrictive for your build just play around with plugging stuff in.
>>
Starter NG+ and how the damn doll ain't letting me level up, what do?
>>
>>148357845
Go out and kill a few beasts. It's just what hunters do...
>>
File: 1465663156737.jpg (84KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
1465663156737.jpg
84KB, 500x627px
>>148357845
>>
Holy shit throwing you 3 fucking amped up werewolves to deal with is such a cheap fucking move, great job From
>>
>>148334348
this made me wish for a metroidvania BB game.
>>
>>148358924
Use of terrain is effective, therefore long weapon is effective.
>>
>>148359136
Yes, if only I had a long weapon
>>
>>148344631
No, next is armored core or its reboot.
>>
>>148359219
Wondrous tight spot, it's the scourge of beasts.
>>
>>148359447
Yes yes, I know, but it's still pretty cheap
>>
>>148359339
Stop lying to yourself, AC is ded, DED!
>>
>>148331984
The moment you see the Amygdala after Rom. I stepped in there before and saw that giant blue ball and all the blood stains that sent you flying. Then I finally saw what was causing it and it was a huge HOLY SHIT moment
>>
>>148359623
Woeful hunter, skill required ahead.

It's not actually that bad, by that point your damage should be good enough that you can take them out in four or five hits each.
>>
>>148359694
At least we still have DC.
>>
File: Get your loli out of my mecha..jpg (77KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
Get your loli out of my mecha..jpg
77KB, 600x583px
>>148359847
But I want to build my own robot and fill it with anime girls emblems and decals.
>>
Is there any lore related to the mask Annalise wears? I know she talks about it like she's been forced into it (I assume by Logarius) but... why? It doesn't seem to stop her from "partaking" in blood dregs, so is it just a humiliation thing?
>>
>>148362337
Probably to brand her, in a way. So in case she escapes everyone would know that she is a vileblood
>>
>>148363185
Was getting caught part of her plan?
>>
>>148358924
Firearm is effective, therefore don't give up
>>
>>148329349
executioners need their own containment board, nobody likes executioners
>hunters of hunters hunt their blood drunk asses
>vilebloods 1shot them with their chikages on sight
>>
What version of the bloodletter should I use for a 14/15/50 build? Is it best to just go normal?
>>
From can go suck a dick.

Why the fuck is their idea of a hard NPC to give them a fucking repeater with unlimited ammo that does 1/2 your health? And not only that, when the NPC gets low on health they're programmed to spam the pistol.

Crowsteele and that bitch after Ludwig can double team that dick with From
>>
>>148368356
we had this discussion, scroll up
it can all be dodged
>>
>>148368356
>crow strafes back and forth toggling hunter's bone 5 times in a row as if just to show off his infinite ammo
they just didnt care.
>>
anyone want to help me get through the hunter's nightmare?
>>
>>148368356
that's like saying enemies in dark souls should have limited spellcast
>>
>>148368880
>letting an enemy kill you in 2 hits without being close to you is good game design
>>
>>148369086
Just walk to the left or right, genius.
>>
>>148369214
can you help me get through the hunter's nightmare?
>>
>>148369543
Don't ask Lucy for things anon just ignore him
>>
>invading cathedral ward
>host and summon are fighting the big hunter's mark guys
>i start fighting him when his head suddenly explodes and he instadies
>i just remembered that those enemies deal frenzy buildup.
>feel really bad because i made him die to that bullshit mechanic and he probably didnt even know what happened
>going back i notice this guy has like 5 bloodstains in the area
fuck. i dont know why i even invade when it makes me feel like shit.
>>
>>148369813
If he didn't want to be invaded he wouldn't of rang his beckoning bell, he was literally asking for it.
>>
>>148369813
I know that feel. The best way to cope with it is to do more invading. Trust me.
>>
>>148366850
Anyone?
>>
>>148370081
I still don't get why they didn't release a Plain Doll Nendo and Figma. It would have been perfect.
>>
File: 1459037511773.jpg (823KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1459037511773.jpg
823KB, 2048x1363px
>>148370252
>wanting a nendo or figma instead of an actual doll
Shame on you, senpai
>>
>>148370081
Rip and tear, Rip and tier! Blood for the bloodgod!
>>
Jeez, it's impossible to find decent PvP in Byrgenwerth, I just get gangfucked by a guy and his two summons.

On the other hand, that last match was fun; host was AFK and his summon was too shit to stop me.
>>
>>148370624
Well, it is a really tiny area, and the only real co-op to do is at the boss.
Might be better off just goin back to the forest.
>>
File: 1460744594498.jpg (110KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1460744594498.jpg
110KB, 355x369px
Does From think that making multiple phase bosses is fresh and hip and cool? Because at this point it's so fucking oversaturated. I'm sick and tired that literally 77% of the game bosses(not including chalice ones) pull out the "behold my true power" card
>>
>>148370380
Those are pretty creepy, my lad.

How tall is the doll? Assuming my character is not a manlet, I'd say she must be every bit of seven feet.
>>
>>148371364
Nothing wrong with several phase bosses to keep the fight engaging, at least they don't have a healthbar for each phase
>>
I would play Bloodborne more but it gives me trippy and horrible nightmares
>>
>>148371364
It makes things way more interesting and challenging.

>>148371478
I got mad as fuck when soul of cinder popped that second health bar. Holy Christ. Thankfully they left that shut out of BB.
>>
>>148371651
those nightmares sound awesome.
embrace it.
>>
File: eAHcEN0.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eAHcEN0.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
So now that i have fully played BB and realise dodging is way more better than using shields can a nigga go through demon souls without a shield on his first play through?

Or is it slow as fuck there?
>>
>>148372282
DeS is actually pretty fast and you don't even fatroll until like 70% equip load IIRC.
Two bosses in particular practically require dodging, in fact, and a lot of enemies lag ass and are slow as fuck, so you can easily use your speed to fuck them up.
>>
>>148372282
>relying on shields in any souls game
lmao just play zelda
>>
>>148372662
Das1 was my first souls so obviously i was gonna be a pussy and use a shield there.
Especially when some looked cool.
>>
>>148372662
nothin' wrong with shields m8 i say in a bloodborne thread lol
>>
>>148372553
Cool.

Hopefully the framerates is atleast decent and not blightown tier
>>
File: 1455987744743.jpg (525KB, 743x599px) Image search: [Google]
1455987744743.jpg
525KB, 743x599px
>give Vileblood Queen another bunch of Blood Seeds
>she said something that her throne isn't made for just one person
I-Is that normal?
>>
File: spongebob blast.png (111KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob blast.png
111KB, 300x230px
>>148372282
My very first playthrough of DaS1 was a Giantdad run I did for the memes.

I had no idea that shields existed for any purpose but resting on my back and giving me +stamina reg via GCS.

I taught myself something I called the 'intercept-parry' to deal with troublesome enemies that attacked faster than I did (aka most of them besides hollows) or those that had good shield skills: (jumping) R2 overhead Zweihander smash exactly when the enemy winds up for an attack. This usually knocked them flat on the ground and opened them up for R2 or R1 combos. It's not a real parry, but it's good enough eh?
>>
Which version of the Saif would you guys say is the most useful?

I kind of just want to stick to the normal version and just throw a bunch of mensis droplet gems on it but I have all the chalices open on the character I'm using the Saif with so I don't mind getting an uncanny or lost one.
>>
>>148373372
physical - radial/radial/triangle
elemental - radial/radial/waning or radial/waning/triangle

just like every other weapon in the game
>>
>>148373170
There's a ring in the chalice dungeons that you can use to try and propose to her but I don't think anything happens.
>>
File: 1461930167695.jpg (75KB, 642x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461930167695.jpg
75KB, 642x720px
Since we're on the topic of shields could someone tell me what the fuck that blue shield in the dlc is for in bb?
>>
File: 1467958199273.jpg (133KB, 720x904px) Image search: [Google]
1467958199273.jpg
133KB, 720x904px
Could anybody tell me how an arcane build works early game? I want to make a ayyy lmao build for fun but since I don't think I'll take it into NG+ I'll have to do DLC early on.

Do I just level up arcane while using cleaver until I get the holy moonlight sword or something? Because getting arcane weapons/gems early game is almost impossible unless you farm chalices
>>
>>148373501
>I don't think anything happens
She acts pretty tsundere, but that's all.

>(Propose Marriage) Speak not, those words. We have little need of a consort. Such a path would belike lead to further ruin. Thou'rt dear to Us. We would see no harm befall thee...
>(Propose again) Ahh, still thy honeyed tongue... The thought alone sufficeth. Thy worth is too great. Now, speak no more in the matter.
>(Propose again..again)Honestly!
>>
File: image.jpg (672KB, 1289x1407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
672KB, 1289x1407px
>>148374081
>>
>>148371364
This is an argument I'll never understand.

How are multi-phase fights in anyway a bad thing? Sure if every boss had a cutscene like Ludwig or even a good judicial transformation like Gasgoine it could get repetitive, but most phase changes are a quick animation that gives the boss some new moves or mechanics. It helps keeps fights interesting and requires changes of tactics or rewards saving powerful items for certain stages of the fight.

Bosses in DeS/DaS often felt like regular enemies with a bunch of health and a fog-gate (Taurus and Capra were in fact exactly this). You dodged thier attacks and punished the openings, exact same stratedgy until they died.

Even minor chalice bosses in Bloodborne have second phase's, like Pthumurian Desendant switching to dual Shotel's which have different dodge/parry timings or Abhorrent Beast getting EVEN MORE aggressive and adding projectiles to his punches.
>>
Could anyone help me with Rom the Cunt? Level 49, am I just bad?

PS4, pw gug
>>
File: omer-tunc-bloodbornee-copy.jpg (529KB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
omer-tunc-bloodbornee-copy.jpg
529KB, 1920x1058px
>>148374404
thx buddy, have some fine fan art in return
>>
>>148373660
Anti magic shield.
Use it against magic and the magic will do shit against you. Pretty good for the Living Failures which is in the same area as the shield if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>148374740
>Level 49, am I just bad?

Either yes or you allocated your stats pretty badly. I'd gladly help you but I don't have a character near him right now.
>>
>>148374740
Nah Rom is just tedious. Just dodge the meteors. Kill the tiny spiders and than your good.
There isn't much to it.
>>
>>148370136
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME DAMMIT
>>
>>148374936

Hunters Axe+6

Sorry to the guy I just died with, willing to try again if you are
>>
>mfw I just found out you can counter the blood-starved beast
>>
>>148375312
What gems you planning on using?

If you are just going to use Physical gems then the Radial/Radial/Triangle one is best. If you are autistic enough to farm 3 off-shape Bloodtinge Gems then it doesn't matter, getting and upgrading whichever version fits your gems to +10 would be quicker than farming for specific off-shapes.
>>
>>148375378
Well you're supposed to have more VGR than END, specially using the axe honestly. I'd recommend leveling up VGR as much as you can... So yeah it doesn't surprise me you're having trouble with Rom, he's an asshole to low VGR people.

>>148375482
I mean, you can sure, but why would you? It's not a maria/Kos case where it makes the fight immensely easier...
>>
>>148374697
The problem is that it doesn't bring anything "interesting" or "refreshing" most of the time, it's just a boss becoming more aggressive and/or getting some bullshit move(BSB, Vicar Amelia, Amygdala, Ebrietas, Dorkbeast, Logarius and probably other bosses I can't be bothered remembering). Bosses such as Gascoin, Maria, Ludwig etc are multiple phases done right, in my opinion
>>
>>148375630
But I need more hits in my combo....
>>
>>148375630
Because I'm in the Chalice dungeon getting my ass handed to me. Fuck this beast.
>>
>>148375610
Thanks

Physical, mama didn't raise no autist
>>
>>148375874
>more aggressive and/or getting some bullshit move
>cites Ludwig and Gassy dad as example of multiple phases done right
it's time to give up lad
>>
>>148376668
At least they get a new moveset instead of just starting to attack spam
>>
>>148376835
Amy and Ebby both get new movesets as the fight go on as well as get a bit more agressive and Logarius just stops spamming magic.
It's weird that you pointed out Ludwig as a good example because whenever I hear that people hate the multiple phase thing they hate it because some bosses change their moveset completely at a certain point.
>>
>>148377225
>Amy and Ebby both get new movesets
Didn't notice any reasonable changes in their movesets. They do gain a couple of new attacks, but hardly anything noticeable over being raped with a barrage of hard-hitting attacks. Ludwig, on the other hand, gains a completely new moveset, which does make it more "refreshing" and challenging since you're basically fighting another boss
>>
File: 42034315bf75cf821a761fd194e240d7.png (299KB, 1567x1080px) Image search: [Google]
42034315bf75cf821a761fd194e240d7.png
299KB, 1567x1080px
So guys is Kos's only sweet spot in his second phase where he screams for lightning?

I'm doing an arcane suicide run at level 43 for this guy.
It took me a day to start figuring out his second phases moveset and the only move that has shown to be a sweet spot is the lightning one because you can nearly always get an easy backstab with it.
>>
I'm farming gems from the winter lanterns in Fishing Hamlet. What's considered acceptable? I found a physical ark up 20.6% with atk vs beasts down 10.5% is that considered good?
>>
>>148378083
Amy starts causing Arcane explosions with his hands at 60%ish health, then at 30% rips his own arms off and uses them as clubs. How did you not notice this?

Eribritas gets lasers, a flying dive, and an aura that does damage to anything near her (including herself).
>>
>>148379370
Good enough if you're willing to settle. The best numbers from Hamlet droplets are 22.3%.

>>
>>148379615
I see, what should I be looking for, for the drawback? Is atk vs beasts down good?
>>
>>148379370
That's not maxed, they go to 23% physical I think.

And curses are whatever you find acceptable. Health drain and ATK down are instant garbage, the others are varying degrees of annoying. ATK vs The Kin down is the best one, since Kin are quite rare, as long as you at least one weapon (preferably thrust) that doesn't have Kin Down gems. Stamina useage up is barely noticable, Durability curses DONT stack, so if you have one you might as well have 3. They are OK on some weapons, but Tontrius and Chikage will be breaking all the time due to low durability.
>>
>>148379441
Well, I didn't notice Amy's arms because I've spent all the time under her belly, they simply did nothing to me, same with explosions. Ebrietas' new moves hardly bring anything refreshing into already quite a bullshit of a fight
>>
>>148379786
Well if you want it for pvp the worst drawback is decreased durability but thas it mane
>>
>>148378274
Just backstab him with the Augur.
>>
>>148379939
>Ebrietas
>Bullshit
How? Just stick to her side and keep dodging in the direction she turns.
>>
>>148379960
-hp and atk down are both easily worse than durability down. Dura down doesn't stack either if two or all three of the gems you use have that curse. Dura down will fuck with you in PvE, PvP not so much.
>>
>>148379960
>>148379885

Thanks, know a good way to take me down? I've been countering them, but I find my self constantly using potions due to frenzy
>>
>>148380151
Oh yeah I completely forgot about them.
>>
>>148380017
>high turn speed
>wide sweep attacks
>frenzy
>generally high damage, sometimes even oneshotting
>you also have to battle camera, just like with any big enough boss
>>
>>148380224
Equip Crowfeather Hat, and Ashen Garb/Gloves/Legs and the +200 Frenzy Resist rune from the Forest. This should make your frenzy bar huge, but having high Insight will make it smaller.

I usually just stunlock them to death and hope it doesn't pop frenzy, drink if I have to. Another method is to running R2 them with a heavy weapon then to hide until it drops again, and repeat. Safe, but slow. Also poison knifes work for even cheesier kills.

Another method is to deliberately have low Frenzy resist (not too low) and parry their grab attack and then during the Visceral you have i-frames so the Frenzy will pop harmlessly.
>>
>>148380878
Thanks, first one sounds the most doable
>>
>>148379963
I just did it there.
Wow. I can't believe I forgotten that the Augur could do that. So many hours planning gone but at least I'm a collyflower now.

Thanks a bunch mate.
>>
Anyone wanna fight Rom? Fucker takes too long.

Ringing at fog, pass is 'camera'
>>
Whoever the fuck Christian is, I fucking hate you you sneaky little Rakuyo/LHS wielding little fuck
>>
>>148383421
Omw
>>
Working through chalice dungeons, anyone wanna buddy up? Just started Ailing Loran, plan on defiled next. If interested, tell me a pw to set.
>>
>>148385016
Just beat it on my own, but thanks for the offer.
>>
>go to forest lookin for some invasions
>either want to hunt co-opers through the forest or have someone hunt me, either one
>everybody i invade is some duelist waiting at the lamp for fights instead of just going to a nightmare or FC dungeon
why
>>
The best place for Blood Echoes where?
>>
>>148385087
Are you still doing dungeons? I'll join.
>>
Gem recommendations for HMLS and Church Pick?

I know the Church Pick has many thrust attacks, but I get really uncomfortable when I see AR drop.

Can someone help me understand this?

Thanks, appreciate it
>>
>>148386398
Yep. Pw "rage" on Ailing Loran lvl 1
>>
>>148386081
Depth 5 Chalice Dungeons, or farm the goo people in Lecture Building.
>>
>>148342513
I feel bad, but I genuinely laughed
>>
>>148386606
Ok I'm ringing
>>
>>148386534
Hmls is usually at its best with nourishings, but if you don't have at least 25arc you'd be better off sticking to full physical
Church pick does well with pure physical gems, but the thrust damage increase is worth the loss of a few untrick moves, as you still have the dash r1, first r1 and the trick attacks to use that use thrust, as well as the entire two handed moveset at a much more effective level
>>
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/753367979300163584
>>
>>148386729
Compared to farming in Mergo's Loft?
>>
>>148387638
Oh fuck, I forgot about that one. Good run, I wonder how the time on it compares to the equivalent amount of blood echoes from Lecture Building...
>>
>>148387126
Is it something I just have to test on enemies to see if my investment in thrust is worth the downgrade in overall AR?
>>
>>148388125
The pick is 80% thrust untricked my man and the tricked version is 100% thrust
Trust me when I say concentrating on AR will not help you at all with that weapon
>>
>>148387836
Lecture Building farming is quicker.
>>
File: dude120lmao.jpg (321KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dude120lmao.jpg
321KB, 1920x1080px
>>148388125
It really is my guy, don't let the lower number scare you, it does the same shit to ludwigs but blunt ludwigs is one of the hardest hitting weapons in the game
>>
>>148388401
So just focus on thrust damage?
>>
>>148386973
Moving to layer 2. I think I just need the claws from here though....
>>
File: 1468282773416-1.jpg (97KB, 481x278px) Image search: [Google]
1468282773416-1.jpg
97KB, 481x278px
>realised i missed out in Henryk
>this made crow bitch hate me and fight me in the cathedral
>do NG
>go to fight him and obliterate him
>she tells me to fuck off and let her handle the hunters

What does she want?
>>
>>148388589
Room for one more?
>>
Anyone wanna fight Lower Pthumeru Undead Giant? The fucker annihilates me in his second phase. Pass is 'bbg6'
>>
>>148388557
Wow, ok, that gives me a much better understanding. I already love the Church Pick, now I'm gonna wreck shit
>>
>>148388589
Alright I'm ringing. Are we doing the Spider rape room?
>>
>>148388704
Just killed that fag myself, ringin
>>
>>148388567
Yupp
It has like two attacks untricked that don't do thrust damage, including the fully charged r2 but you're rarely ever going to use that in pvp and the other attack is the second r1, after the first thrust I believe.
So yeah just concentrate on thrust damage
>>
>>148388704
Are you ringing?
>>
>>148388902
Awesome. I really don't do PVP much, but I always get fucked by deeper CDs, so the extra damage will be nice
>>
>>148389278
I am, yeah. Re-rung a good few times now too. You've got bbg6 as the pass, right?
>>
>>148389570
Yeah, I'm in the chalice too, so it should be pretty quick
not to be patronizing but you're using the beckoning and are on worldwide and not on the stairs with x over the bell right?
>>
>>148388589
The spiders were too strong.
>>
Well Nelson and Charmaine, we were wrecking it, I lost sight, then heard you both scream.... lol. I'm waiting at lamp again.
>>
>>148389719
Correct, correct, and correct, of course.

A shame we died so horribly fast. Second time's the charm?
>>
>>148389990
Yeah, my b
Ringing again, hopefully it'll be faster
>>
Who is the best waifu and why is it Arianna?
>>
>tfw getting rekt in Yahar'gul
Very upset
>>
>>148387638
Depth 5 Chalice's give 4000+ for the most basic of mobs. The easiest way to get Echo's is a big room in Isz full of Ayy-Lmao's bevause they are so easy to kill. A boss will get you 150k, so I'd just keep running the Chunk farming glyph in the OP, you'll end up with more Echo's than you can spend.

In main game, Mergo's loft is best, but Lecture Hall is great earlier on. Even earlier Hyperon Gaol is pretty good and drops Twin Shards.
>>
>>148389745
I forgot I had that rune on, I took it off.

>tfw have player names set to online ID instead of character names
>>
>>148390054
I don't get this motherfucker. That attack wasn't an instant kill, and now it suddenly is. And it's so fast. Is there any good way to beat this guy?

Anywho, re-ringing if you wanna try again. Wouldn't mind a second summon if it might boost our chances.
>>
>>148390332
Yeah I'll keep ringing
It one shot you because of the counter hit modifier
>>
I'm using Ludwig's Holy Blade and the Pizza Cutter thing, any other fun weapons fitting my build for PvE?
My stats are 40 str 40 skl 9 bld 15 ark
>>
>>148390209
Want some help? I'm going through there now and bored doing my own shit
>>
If I want to join one of your fightclubs is there any reason to no go a little over 98
>>
I played DS2 and DS3 and now I'm onto BB, but I cannot fucking figure out where to go. I just killed Vicar and don't fucking know where to go. I accidentally ended up at the Unseen village at like BL 30 so now I just cant figure out where to go.
>>
>>148390574
>>148390209
same where you at famalam
i want to hunt with my fellows
>>
>>148390860
There's a locked gate somewhere
>>
>>148390523
Stake Driver, kinda hard to use and not as effective as the OP'ness of the Pizza Cutter or Ludwig's, but very fun. Beast Claw with Beastmode rune would also work great with your build. Wear Brador's stuff and you'll rip&tear through everything.

Alternativly sticking a Heavy Abysmall gem on something like the Cane would turn it into a very powerful weapon.
>>
>>148318756
So, I've finally been playing BB, and I'm at spooky spider and his children. It seems since I entered Snakewoods, everything is kicking my ass much more so than prior.
What level should I be around this area?
>>
>>148390860
Have you explored the main plaza of the cathedral ward?
>>
>>148390423
Jesus holy fuck I had him literally one hit from death kill me.
>>
>>148391178
sorry for getting spun on like this, I had an easy time with him solo so I guess I got overconfident and the spin is one-shotting because of the health cut
>>
>>148391104
Yes, I have. I haven't since beating Vicar but I did before. I have also been through the Healing Church Workshop if that matters.
>>
>>148390860
There's a door in Cathederal Ward that requires a Password, the password was the Adage of the Healing Church, you learned this adage in the cutscene after Amelia. Go find the door.

Also you explored either side of Amelia's boss room?
>>
>>148391254
well he's in yahar'gul so he's gone down one of the roads
>>
>>148391254
I explored the right side fought the two hunters and then in the room past the two halbred wielding guys I got nabbed by some fucking monster and died.
>>
>>148391215
Wew, that's fine, just glad we finally got him. Might start investing more in this cannon...
>>
>>148391350
Not neaisarily, most people get to Yharhagul by underestimating the first Snatcher they encounter, likely right outside Oeden Chapel or at the bottom of Church Workshop.
>>
>>148390821
Honor. Other than that, sure, go right ahead and be another level 117 shitter.
>>
>>148391512
That's basically what happened. I saw that thing and about shit myself. I was literally saying "wtf is this guy doing here"
>>
>>148390875
The guy doesn't seem to be responding, wanna just coop without him?
>>
Chalice Rom is awful. This demonstrates how fundamentally shitty the boss is from a design perspective
>>
>>148391626
I said slightly over, that's like way over
>>
>>148391939
what do you mean anon
>>
>>148391901
sure, you're in NG right? password and lamp?
>>
>>148392202
Yes NG, first lamp pass is bbg
>>
>>148392139
Not that guy, but I agree.

She's like an RNG boss but worse. Your equipment entirely determines her difficulty.
>>
>>148391957
To clarify, the reason the /bbg/ meta is 98 is because 80 and 100 are other popular metas, but you can't invade 80s at 100, but you can at 98. It's a happy medium between the BL100 meta and the BL80 meta.

And then someone decided to make the parasitic 117 meme meta. The rest is history.
>>
>>148392276
Why does everybody assume Rom is female? Rom sounds like a guy name personally
>>
>>148392393
There's clearly female laughter during her fight
>>
>>148392537
Never heard it, though, how do you know it's not Yharnam?
>>
>>148388557
What attacks of the LHB are blunt?
>>
>>148392139
There have been three occasions where I was killed by Rom knocking me down by either spazzing out or shooting meteors out of the ground and then a familiar kills me. Several attacks are poorly telegraphed, and once she's active it isn't worth trying to kill all of her familiars because if you're far she can kill you for standing still every fifteen seconds and if you're close she can do her ground meteors. If her familiars are alive you need to see more than the camera permits or else you can get hit, because by her last stage it's very unlikely there is a side of her that's unprotected. It's an awful fight, although still not the worst in the game.
>>
>>148392202
Where are you?
>>
>>148392676
Everything in the tricked form other than the charged r2
>>
Anyone up for Lower Pthumeru Rom? Pass is 'bbg6'

>>148392747
And speaking of Rom, pls. She's awfully tedious, but you should never ever get hit by a spell.
>>
Ailing Loran bros, thanks so much! You guys wanna give Defiled a shot?
>>
>>148392769
Ringing.
>>
>>148392893
I'm happy to do layers 1 and 2. Keep in mind though that no bonus areas are needed on that chalice as well.
>>
>>148392631
There's also a Miyazaki interview, not sure when/where, in which he explicitly said Rom was a woman
>>
>>148392968
Youre at the first lamp right?
>>
>>148392893
I'm game. I'm going to get wrecked though.
>>
>>148392979
I'll follow your lead.

Ringing at seal
>>
>>148393013
I'll take your word for it but a source would help
>>
>>148393143
Yeah.
>>
>>148393241
Alright. I more or less remember where the levers are on this chalice so we should be alright
>>
>>148392876
I'll ring again
>>
>>148393272
It's in the official guide, I'm sure you could just Google though
>>
>>148392312
I see, I'll try making a 98 then
>>
>>148392876
It's easy to avoid her AOE and her meteors if you're paying attention to her, but you will not always be paying attention to her. If I am not near the periphery of her ground meteor spell so I can just dash away then I struggle with that. I have poor reactions but most Souls bosses I can dodge consistently with practice. It's also just awful. Everything that's killed me has been stupid. I have 35 Vitality and one of the spiders jumping attacks take away about 95% of my health. Even if I get on a safe side of her her teleport away drags me into the side filled with spiders. I'm having bad luck and it's driving me nuts.
>>
>>148393446
just
>>
>>148393446
Killian, ya gotta kill the familiars first, so we can both wail on her
>>
Nelson, we cleared 1. Moving to Defiled layer 2
>>
>>148393858
gotta go fast
>>
>>148393873
Alright, that jerk one shot me.
>>
>>148393986
That happens with Defiled Keeper. Especially on that running attack. Its kinda bs.
>>
How do I Defiled Amy?
>>
Wew, that one was on me. Didn't expect a teleport.
>>
>>148394243
nbd my goy
>>
>>148394172
Phase one and two: Bait moves that get his head low, smack him on the dome for big damage.

Phase three, get right up in his dick and smack his ankles, wait for him to jump, take a leisurely stroll to where the end of his tail was. He'll land right over you, and it opens him up to getting another smack or two on the chin.

You have no beaten Amygdala.
>>
After Shadows of Yharnam, the only mandatory bosses are Rom, Micolash, One Reborn, and Mergo. All of those bosses are complete shit. When did you realize the second half of this game is mediocre.
>>
wew had the madman at single digit hp but got the lever. Reringing Defiled Group
>>
>>148394172
You can bait out a jump by going behind her, when she 180's in mid air and lands you can whack her head a few times. You can repeat this to make the fight easier.
>>
I think we may have to restrain ourselves so she doesn't spawn two hordes at once...
>>
>>148394243
oof it spawned right under me, never had that happen
>>
>>148394508
Assuming this is opinions ans not bait. Why is the Wet Nurse bad, in your opinion? It being easy doesn't inherently equate to a boss being shit.
>>
Shit my bad, didn't realize it would 1 shot me. Ringing at second lamp
>>
>>148394926
Move to third lamp. Also, I might as well help on L3. Be prepared for a oneshot shitshow at Amy though
>>
On Defiled lvl 3 now. Way to wreck the watchdog!
>>
>>148394605
Wow, never seen him teleport and instantly die upon exit. That was pretty good.
>>
>>148395115
bbp+bolt paper+spin2win, staggered before teleporting every time
the only time it got the teleport off was when it couldn't get staggered because it was dead, there's a word beyond rekt that describes the absolute devastation released on that spider
>>
>>148395236
Mmmn, dose charged Hammer R2s keep it in place quite well. Beautiful work on your part, haven't seen spiders torn apart that fast since my last Arcane build.
>>
File: 20160714_095515.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160714_095515.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Ghost lady seems to have forgotten to wear her skirt this morning. Sorry about the picture quality. I don't have a usable USB drive near me right now.
>>
Merge
>>
File: 1460725758491.png (134KB, 299x398px) Image search: [Google]
1460725758491.png
134KB, 299x398px
>>148395887
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160613001158.jpg (224KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160613001158.jpg
224KB, 1920x1080px
Post first playthrough screenshots if you still have them.
>>
TOR ending up stomping on me wanna ring at the dog gate?
>>
>>148396293
Literally just slap his belly and he crumples.
>>
>>148396478
I did, he caught me in his legs and I couldn't get out
>>
>thought I could get away from the lasers range before it fully goes off
that one's on me
>>
What is the most damaging shotgun with high bloodtinge?
>>
>>148396567
Don't get stuck next time.

There is literally no excuse for needing to summon for One Reborn.
>>
Thanks Gawain and Amelia! was great to have some company in one of the shittiest areas in the game
>>
>>148396854
I summoned for some company going through yahar asswipe, stop taking it among yourself to try and call out people
>>
>All this coop going on
>My PS+ expired this morning

Fuck you Sony, I want to chill with /bbg/.
>>
>>148397115
Company through Yahar'gul is fine, I'm just saying One Reborn is a complete joke of a fight and if you actually need help with him you might need to rethink some things.
>>
Made the mistake of locking on, lost track underneath. Defiled Amy just wants a hug, why she gotta be so rough...
>>
>>148397295
Like I just said, I didn't.
>>
I'm a massive poorfag but I love BB, convince me to irresponsibly spend $20 on the DLC. I've seen Ludwig's fight and it looks like a lot of fun, but how long is the DLC overall?
>>
>>148397402
dlc is worth the 20, it's not super long but all 3 areas rival central yharnam and old yharnam in quality and the boss fights are pretty great, it also nearly doubles the weapon count and the majority of them have solid movesets
>>
>>148397402
>Pizza Cutter
>Splish Splosh Splish Splosh
>Lady Maria

Its pretty filled with content, so i think its worth it.
>>
Holy shit I just started a new game, haven't even beat cleric beast yet, and accidentally bumped L2 when I picked up my controller as I teleported to Central Yharnam. I had no clue that the guy in the window that gives you the flamesprayer reacts when you shoot near his window. I've put several hundred hours into this game and never noticed that.
>>
>>148397402
it's 3 areas with 5 bosses and a shitload of loot.
the enemies are well designed too and only one of the bosses is bullshit.
>>
>>148397402
>I've seen Ludwig's fight and it looks like a lot of fun
Might as well not get it then. Every inch of the DLC is at best great, and at worst good. There are three areas, as far as they go the second area is the peak of the DLC. The reason to get it is to basically experience the amazing bosses, and get some sweet weapons and gear, but you've already spoiled the best boss in the game for yourself.
>>
>>148397402
It's a solid 9/10, but totally not worth $20
>>
>>148397774
>Ludwig
>Best boss in the game
That's not how you spell Gherman.
>>
>>148397402
One of the best 20 dollary doos I've ever spent.
>>
>>148398251
That's not how you spell Gehrman either
>>
>>148398251
That's not how you spell Gehrman either
>>
File: 555.gif (3MB, 404x252px) Image search: [Google]
555.gif
3MB, 404x252px
>>148398417
>>148398424
>>
>>148397618
>>148397765
>>148398219
>>148398385
I just might do it bros! I'll need to make sure my credit card has nothing on it first.
>>148397774
I'm not worried about spoilers. I knew how MGS4 ended before I played it and I was still shocked at the ending.
>>
>>148398417
>>148398424
It's a "He made a typo so what he said is invalid" episode
>>
>>148392393
Big M himself calls Rom a she during the interview in the offical guide. He also says it's his favourite boss, not for gameplay reasons but because he loves the animation work.
>>
>>148398721
That's not what they were implying.
>>
>>148397758
So everyone already knew this? I had no clue.
>>
>>148398807
I thought his favorite was the Darkbeast?
>>
Anyone wanna fight Lower Pthumeru Bloodletting Beast? Pass is 'magnolia'
>>
>>148399137
Yeah everybody did, or maybe it's the fact that you've put several hundred hours into the game and still don't know his name. He reacts when you hit his door as well.
>>
>>148399137
I didn't even know you could talk to him until my second playthrough.

By the time I knew it, he went beastmode.
>>
>>148399262
Don't wait for me if others show up, but I'm down. I need to unpack my ps4 real quick (I took it to a friend's house this morning).
>>
>>148398251
not him, but Gehrman's fight was way too melodramatic. I had no attachment to this old fart throughout the game, it wasn't very emotional finding out he just wanted to murder me anyway.
>>
>>148399407
For some reason I kept thinking it was William. I remember it's Gilbert now. I spend a lot of my time making new PvP builds and skipping NPC shit so I forget what they say. I've never shot near his window or hit his door before though. It's never even dawned on me to try.
>>
>>148399743
>he just wanted to murder me anyway
should we tell him or let him find out?
>>
>>148399743
I'm more talking about the mechanics of the fight itself. In my opinion, Gehrman is the best bossfight in all of Souls.
>>
>>148399669
It'll probably take me forever and a half to beat this fucker, bad as I am, so take your time.

I'd rather fight Ludwig than this ass.
>>
>>148399262
>>148399669
>>148400031
Alright, anon I am gonna ring by the fog gate. Prepare yourself.
>>
>>148400125
Wee, just died again because I suck ass. Will wait for you and Amy.
>>
What are the best gems for a Lost MLGS?

I'm trying arcane gems but if I do all phys gems I do more damage

at 30/50 str/arc

do I just need better arc gems?
>>
>>148399860
Don't bother anon, he obviously doesn't care for the story
>>
>>148400924
nourishing
>>
>>148400379
Nice work Eggman and Amy. I almost died right there at the beginning.

Didn't know Bloodletter could be staggered like that with the cannon. That was neat.
>>
>>148400993
Do you know a good dungeon that has nourishings that don't require me to fight Amygdala?
>>
>>148401116
Layer 2 of pwmf22gu has gargoyles which drop radial nourishings. You have to fight Amy for triangle and waning nourishings though.
>>
>>148401116
you can get nourishings from gargoyles, there are a few glyphs in the spreadsheet
you're gonna have to nut up for triangles/wanings though
>>
>>148401218
>>148401294
>have to fight amy for triangle and waning

I never want to see that fucker again with half health this is the dumbest shit I've ever done in a video game who the fuck thought this would be fun

thanks japan studio
thanks fromsoft
thanks miyazaki
>>
Why are all the beasts worshipping a dead BSB in Old Yharnam?
>>
>>148401553
Deep lore
>>
>>148401469
Dude Amygdala isn't even that hard, quit your whining. Bait moves that get his head low for phase one and two, then just jump cheese and you're golden.

Not to mention, you're an arc build, you don't even need to bait anything. Just shoot eye lasers or throw fireballs at his big dumb head.
>>
>>148401469
Oh please Amy is piss easy with even shitty builds. She's trivialized by Arcane builds, and further trivialized by the HMS. You'll be fine.
>>
>>148400924
Noirishing, time to Farm Depth 5 Amy in Loran and Isz, and then farm Gargoyels (or Rom if you care about 0.2%) from Ihyll.
>>
>>148401729
>>148401767
I feel like I do less damage with arcane.

Why are you telling me I do more?

I do way more damage with a fire gem setup.
>>
Thanks, Defiled bros! Sorry for the scrub deaths, I kept misjudging that extended arm slam. I'm gonna take a little break but I'll be back later on.
>>
>>148401723
>>148401553
Could they be mourning for it? It seems unlikely because, iirc, the burning of Old Yharnam was a while ago, but it could be, right? That droning could be crying instead of worshipping.
>>
St. Vincent if you're going on to the next chalice, illyhll or whatever it's called good luck, but I'm (Nelson) taking a break.
>>
>>148401935
Wat. Literally just spam Blacksky Eye/Executioner's Gloves/fully charged HMS R2 beams. Once she rips her arms out you can either do the same thing, or manipulate her shitty AI and hitboxes by standing near her crotch.
>>
>>148401979
Beasts are mindless
>>
>>148402106
Do we have proof of that?
>>
>>148401935
They mean Amy is easy for builds with ranged attacks.

Step 1: Enter arena
Step 2: Lock on to head
step 3: Repeat this button combo while having Executioner Gloves as your quick item
> Up
> Triangle
> Square
> Square
> Repeat
>>
File: canadian dog.jpg (122KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
canadian dog.jpg
122KB, 640x640px
>>148402102
>her

This meme needs to die.
>>
>>148402339
It's hard for me not to call Amygdala a her just because I refer to her as Amy all the time.
>>
>>148402102
>>148402290
Ive never been able to hit its head with anything
>>
>>148402587
Have you tried hitting R3?
>>
So what's the deal with performing visceral attacks on Cleric Beast? I know there's a freebie at the beginning but from then on is it just a DPS thing for him to put his head down? I see videos of people shooting it but my shots never lead to a visceral (yes I shoot just as he's about to attack like a normal shot on anything else).

>tfw I can beat bosses in 1-2 tries but I still haven't gotten gud
>>
>>148402631
Wait for him to regenerate his head.
>>
>>148402260
I think it's the kind of thing we can assume unless proven otherwise
>>
>>148402587
Ranged attacks like Bullets or Spells are near impossible to miss because of lock-on.

Melee it's easy to hit the head when it drops after an attack, long weapons with overhead attacks make this easy. Burial Blade running R2 gives you heaps of room for error since it hits so high.
>>
>>148402789
Shoot him during the regeneration? He did that a few times but that always seemed to be after I smashed his legs up a bit.
>>
>>148402842
How do you explain the organized worship/mourning/whatever you want to call it of the dead BSB in Old Yharnam? That clearly suggests some form of communication and therefore intelligence to me.
>>
Ah, evening bbg. A great end to the day. Almost as good as PAWG porn.
>>
>>148402975
It's the act of breaking his head that lets you visceral him. After you break it once, you have to wait from him to regenerate it before you can break it again. Same with Amelia.
>>
>>148403053
How do we know how that got there or long it's been there? Even if they aren't completely mindless, I seriously doubt the beasts have the capacity to string up a large monster.
>>
>>148345602
How much can you hate a tripfag?
>>
>>148403184
I'm not saying they did. I'm saying the hunters tied up the BSB when they destroyed Old Yharnam, and now the beasts are worshipping the dead BSB.
>>
>>148403176
Oh ok. I'll keep that in mind on my next go around.
>>
File: 1468255108008.jpg (138KB, 1239x875px) Image search: [Google]
1468255108008.jpg
138KB, 1239x875px
>>148403157
>Watching anything but Housewife 1 on 1
>>
>>148403339
That's actually a solid choice, good call.

But a big ass is a big ass.
>>
>>148403294
Based on what? Because they're in the same room?
>>
Is steak better with one heavy abyssal or two heavy abyssals?
>>
>>148403472
0. They're in the same room
1. They're all facing BSB in a circle around it
2. They're singing/crying/droning
3. They all have their arms raised towards the BSB.
>>
>>148403157
hey

got any good pawg porn

im in a rut
>>
>>148403670
I always just imagined it was mourning. Or, as is often the case in Bloodborne, completely inexplicable.
>>
>>148403529
Not sure. If you have a heavy abyssal, put it on your meme driver now and check the strength scaling. If it has an S, then you only need one. If not, get two. I'm assuming steak is +10 as well.
>>
>>148402339
Why else would her statues look like a hall of praying Virgin Marys? I love that about BB, you know things are fucked when your church says "You know, I don't want to worship an old dude with a beard that shots lightening and has a big tittied daughter. I want a big ol' spider monster that tears off its own arms and shots lasers out of its forehead."
>>
>>148403714
Angela White, Ryan Smiles
>>
>>148403894
Ryan Smiles looks too manly
>>
>>148403846
I don't have access to them yet. I'm in the process of making a steak build at the moment.

As a side note, is the steak's dodge R1 abnormally long? It feels like the Saif almost.
>>
The hunt seems to occur on a regular basis based on NPC dialogue. Is there always a ritual going on that beckons the moon and therefore makes the beasts worse and more numerous or is there a ritual because the moon is waxing in full which is making the beasts worse and more numerous?
>>
>>148404008
I'm not her biggest fan. As far as PAWGs go, she's got a little too much cottage cheese for my tastes. I put her these cause some guys like a whole heap of ass.
>>
>>148404097
It seems that the hunt happens every night, and it just so happens that this night a ritual is going on.
>>
>>148404097
The hunt occurs constantly in an endless cycle because of the hunter's dream. The Yharnam we see in game is separate from the rest of the world
>>
>>148403883
>Literally referred to ingame as Lord

This meme needs to die.
>>
>>148404268
Not every night, Eileen mentions that it was unlucky of you to end up there on "the night of the hunt, no less"
It's a bit too big to be a daily thing, maybe monthly on full moons or some bullshit like that
>>
>>148404234
Mia Malkova is the GOAT PAWG
>>
What is PAWG? What does it have to do with Bloodborne?
>>
>>148404493
Phat Ass White Girl.

And it's fucking midnight on a general for a PS4 exclusive
>>
>>148404268
I don't think it would be every night, seeing how everyone makes such a big deal over it being THE Night of the Hunt. It's probably either linked with the cycle of the moon or it might even be annual, considering how people other than the hunters went out to hunt beasts themselves in a kind of ceremony, like how they all gather around the burning body in central Yharnam before they became beasts.
>>
>>148404582
The hunt does not occur in a physical sense. It's part of the nightmare perpetuated by the MP
>>
>>148404310
>It wasn't real
That meme needs to end
One of the big things that made the bloodmoon and ritual a huge threat was that the nightmare dimensions were bleeding over into reality
Central yharnam and the like are in humanities home dimension aka reality for us
>>
>>148404582
Yea perhaps not every night, although I have reason to believe it happens more frequently than once a year, considering the preparations used, the fact that Old Yharnam is still burning, and the nonchalant attitude of the townsfolk shut in their houses.

>>148404746
You're retarded.
>>
File: [inquisitive grunt].png (538KB, 702x540px) Image search: [Google]
[inquisitive grunt].png
538KB, 702x540px
so my kirkhammer has a B scaling in arcane but when i go to level arcane it shows no difference in AR
am i missing something? all my gems are physical boosting btw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9BmlbLGUM

you faggots still dont know the story of bloodborne

get educated
>>
>>148404757
Exactly, the influence of the nightmare has the walking world stuck in am endless loop. It's not that it isn't real, but it's happenin, un-happening, and happening again in an endless cycle
>>
>>148404493
PAWG has to do with literally everything.

>>148404440
Great ass, probably one of the absolute best in porn, but not big enough to be considered PAWG.
>>
>>148404971
>Liking cartoon tier gelatinous shit
>>
>>148404897
You need an arcane, fire, or bolt gem to convert your Kirk's damage to that type and thus benefit from ARC scaling.
>>
>>148404310
>>148404746

>The Yharnam we see in game is separate from the rest of the world

But the Crows come down from the Hinterlands in their badge law. Alfie and the Bloody Crow sure weren't hanging around the Hunter's Dream or hiding behind headstones whenever you pop in. Your Hunter couldn't be part of the dream until he had a blood transfusion either. Yharnam has to be part of the real geography of the Dream like you can walk to Kadath in Lovecraft's dreamquests.
>>
>>148404746
This is the worst "theory" ever because it adds nothing to the story.

If it is indeed true, then the entire game, all the history of Yharnam, Byrgonwerth, Pthumurians etc... Also happened in the same dream. Nothing changes about the story at all.
>>
>>148405080
i see, so it's just a placeholder for potential element changes
does arcane have much of an impact on tonitrus? D scaling doesn't seem all that impressive
>>
>>148405142
The dream didn't begin until MP was beckoned with the Cord of the Eye
>>
>>148404310
It doesn't seem like a nightly thing based on how the NPSc speak. Seems infrequent but not something rare or that average people are unfamiliar with.

>>148404934
What's the cycle exactly? When/how does it restart? I could never quite piece together how Eileen or Djura fit into this. They have clearly been to the dream but are no longer part of it. Clearly they didn't kill Mergo.
>>
>>148404934
>unhappenin, cycles
There really isn't anything to suggest that except ng+, there's nothing for it lorewise
other hunters you meet that have dreamed don't anymore, 2 of which, eileen and djura, stopped dreaming to pursue other interests, getting out but not completing the contract
and gehrman has been in the dream for a very long time, he's unaware that his friends are already dead, a lot of hunters have passed through, but if it were cycles none of them would be remembered by the gravestones or the doll who also talks about others
>>
>>148404883
I think that it being once a year would make people a lot more chill than if there's a mob of beasts banging on your doors every month. Before the beast plague people would've locked the doors, called their friends over and had a big party, or go outside and played at being a hunter while telling your friends this towns going to shit. Like a big Halloween.
>>
>>148405254
IIRC, it's better to have 50 STR 25 ARC than 25 STR 50 ARC, but both are plenty viable. The STR version will use Blunt Adept gems whereas the ARC version will use Nourishing gems.
>>
>>148405063
Can't be a PAWG if it's gelatinous.
>>
>>148405254
That D is very misleading. The formula for the bolt buff gives you a pretty hefty increase in damage output. Early game Tonitrus is overpowered as fuck. Falls off a bit late without the right gems
>>
>>148405342
I disagree. Having beasts banging on your door frequently enough leads to desensitization, which leads to the townsfolk caring less.
>>
What do you think having sex with a human feels like for a Great One?
Astral?
Inconsequential?
Very tight?
Would they feel pleasure?
>>
>>148405383
already was going for some good blunts, just have to unlock lower depths first.

>>148405425
neat, tonitrus definitely did carry against some enemies (rom especially) but i still find it to be very lethal due to bolt. nice for bullying high physical resistant enemies
>>
>>148405292
>>148405314
The PC Hunter's dream is unique to the PC hunter.
>>
>>148405519
I'd stick my dick in Rom's mouth.
>>
>>148405634
What suggests that? The doll says that hunters have come through but aren't there anymore, if it were only for your character then nobody else would've interacted with doll and gehrman
>>
>>148405750
Then why aren't there always other hunters in the dream?
>>
>>148405519
>What do you think having sex with a human feels like
I have no idea...

;_;
>>
>>148405508
It's not like those doors are made of diamonds. If the game let you your hunter could easily kirkhammer them down and start stealing echoes left and right. There wouldn't be anybody left if the Hunt occurred too often.

>>148405634
I think it's more of a shared dream, like Lovecraft's dream cycle. If you don't project your mind back or get pulled in, you could wake up, shake your head and get dressed for an normal day in the real world.

>>148405856
Their bodies are.
>>
>>148405905
In terms of physical pleasure sex is pretty meh compared to masturbating. Being accepted that intimately by another person what you're missing out on
>>
>>148405856
Because they simply aren't there anymore
The dream is based on a real location and created by gehrman for his hunters in general
It wasn't created especially for you, lots of people have passed through, all the gravestones represent those who have left
>>
>>148405383
>>148405425

> Asks question about Kirk Hammer
> Gets responses about Wheel and Tontrius

Stop confusing the poor man. For pure physical weapons the Arc scaling does nothing unless you use a gem to convert it to Fire/Bolt/Arcane where STR/SKL scaling is removed and ARC scaling takes over.

D isn't great, but it gets better each weapon upgrade, stops at C I believe. Ludwigs Holy Blade is the best weapon for conversion, since it has incredible Arc scaling.
>>
>>148406028
But they are dreaming hunters active during this particular hunt. Why don't we ever see them?
>>
>>148405938
I think that despite it occuring every night, the general populace and specialized hunters do a good enough job each night to keep the townsfolk safe, which is why they don't care. On this particular night, there's a ritual beckoning the moon closer, which makes the efforts of the populace/local hunters useless.
>>
>>148405938
>Their bodies are.
What? Do you mean some of those gravestones or what?
>>
>>148406120
He asked about the Kirk. I answered him. he then asked about the Tonitrus. I answered him

Why are you a fucking idiot?
>>
What are the Moon Presence's motivations?
>>
>>148406132
But there aren't
All of the npc's you meet that mention dreaming say they no longer do
If you mean other players you can summon, that's kind of tricky lorewise
But the old hunter bell states
>The old hunters, who have long passed from the dream but cannot forget the feeling of the hunt, rely upon messengers to relay their thoughts.
So it could easily be the same thing for players lorewise, messengers passing on the thoughts of hunters passed through
>>
If I want to make a build that utilizes the Reiterpallasch well, should I go Noble Scion or Professional? Professional has 15 skill, but NS has 13 skill and 14 Bloodtinge.
>>
>>148406432
The various unnamed NPC hunters dream.
>>
>>148406387
Every Great One loses a child and yearns for a surrogate. I believe that since Mergo was Oedon's child, MP wanted it killed and employed the hunters to get the job done. It might be part of their culture or race to make sure only they propagate, something pretty common in many species.
>>
>>148406387
It wouldn't be very Lovecraftian if we knew exactly what the thing wanted, but it's a fair guess that you're either essentially a farming bot for blood echoes, or assassinating Mergo.
>>
>>148406514
>The various unnamed NPC hunters dream.
Literally who? everyone you kill stays dead, i.e. no longer dreaming
>>
That makes this eldritch being of unfathomable power seem very petty
>>
>>148406609
The misty death thing indicates a return to the dream

>>148406629
>>148406537
>>
>>148406537
>Mergo was Oedon's child
What, this wasn't the general consensus when I used to browse a few months back. Goddamn new info keeps popping up
>>
>>148406135
That might've been the case until the Beast Plague, which I don't really think came on just the other day, considering the lore on the chalice you get when you kill Amy talking about how whole countries have been destroyed by it. Which takes time, especially if you have your hunters and populace fighting them off.

>>148406220
Gravestones usually have bodies underneath them, even if they are just memorials, it shows a lot of hunter have died.

>>148406629
It's not like they're spending all their time on just using you. Elder Gods are acting, having young for the sake of it and playing flutes across multiple universes.
>>
>>148406750
But it doesn't, that's just a hunter death animation
Eileen tells you she no longer dreams, Djura says the same thing, but they both have the misty death when dying
>>
>>148406752
I think it's pretty well accepted.
>>
>>148406783
The Beast Plague is what caused Old Yharnam to be burned to the ground. Such a problem hasn't occurred with the current Yharnam.
>>
>>148406445
Reiterpallasch is more of a Skill weapon than a Bloodtinge weapon so get the one with the least Blt and level it to the base Blt requirement.
>>
So how the hell have Great Ones survived when they lose their child all the time? Do they all pull a Kos and orphan their child?
>>
>>148407216
Pretty sure they're immortal
>>
>>148407309
You kill them
>>
>>148406832
They might just leave the dream altogether and just wake up. Or it could be a "you die in the dream you die in real life deal too." When Saint Mic starts going on about how no-one can stop him now I kind of imagine him pushing papers in a dimly light Victorian office, waiting for quitin' time so he can run home, put his nightcap on and start become magnificent, even if it is just a dream.

>>148407216
They're immortal and pretty much unkillable. Even if you do slaughter them they're just going to come back a la Cthulhu.
>>
>>148407216
>he thinks great ones follow normal biological longevity and species propagation.
>>
Who was Irreverent Izzy?
>>
>>148407323
Yes? And in GoW Kratos kills "immortal" gods. There are many cases in fiction of a deity being "immortal" but being able to be killed
>>
>>148407323
You don't kill them dead, and if you do by that time you're a babby ol' one yourself.
I also doubt Amy goes around abandoning her children, seeing as how she's worshipped like a mother goddess.

>>148407439
Iosefka's mother.
>>
>>148407446
Kratos opened Pandora's Box in the first one
>>
>>148407328
Not quite, Micolash was already dead in reality after leaving his physical body, him saying he'll wake up can mean he thinks he's going back to his body but doesn't know he's dead
Immortality is only a thing in the Hunters Dream in particular because it's part of the contract, you're bound to the dream and not even death can separate you, hence you waking up in the dream again after dying
Mico had nowhere left to wake up
>>
>>148407531
....are you memeing or is there actually a connection between Izzy and Iosefka. Besides the letter I
>>
What are the School of Mensis trying to accomplish?
>>
>>148407353
No, but they seem to very much be killable, and it seems to happen enough that they'd have died out if they always lost their kids. Why even kill Mergo if it'll just come back to life?
>>
>>148407650
Nah Micolash knew he was dead IRL, that's why he said he'd forget everything when he woke up.
>>
>>148407551
Yeah, and it gave him the power he needed to kill a god. Proving yet again with enough power you can kill immortal beings.

Who's to say the good hunter isn't strong enough to take on a great one?
>>
>>148407072
I didn't say it wasn't.
>>
>>148407884
He is, but there's no indication that they've done anything special, like Kratos, to accomplish this feat. Thus, the Great Ones are not immortal.

I really think the Great Ones, while certainly powerful, are far more biological than "god-like" the easy we would see them as humans
>>
>>148407656
They're both doctors, and being a doctor is something that was passed down from generation to generation.
They're both Irreverent, seeing as they both delve into beasthood with the Claw and turning people into lmaos.
That they're both women whose name starts with I suggests we're supposed to make links, or it might even be a matrynom that's changed from Isabella to Iosefka over the years.

>>148408128
The multiple Amygdalas suggest that Great Ones have a completely different existence to any biological being. You sure as hell don't kill Amy in the nightmare frontier.
>>
>>148408128
Explain how Oeden, a Great One describes as "lacking form, exists only in voice" is biological
>>
Anyone willing to go through the DLC with me up through Ludwig so I can get an early HMS? Fair warning if you're interested: I'm BL32, shit at the game, and am using a shit weapon.
>>
>>148408315
They're a species
>>
>>148408414
I'm fairly certain Oedon is the closest thing we know of in the BB universe to a true god. Perhaps Mergo comes close.
>>
>>148408414
It's a biology that is elevated to a point that it seems "God like" to humans. Amy creates beams and Orbs, but rather than simply being magic, I think the nature of the Great Ones lends me to believe that there's something about their biology that allows them to harness energy in this way. Oedon is no different.
>>
>>148408539
I can try to take you through
>>
>>148408796
Hoo boy it took me 3 viscerals and 2 fully charged R2s to take down the first hunter. This is gonna be fun.
>>
>>148408768
On stuff like Amy, I figured they basically fed off Arcane energy, which I imagine Nightmares contain a hell of a lot of.... but it doesn't explain why they're anywhere else. I just can't envision them as anything but essentially parasites.
>>
Doesn't Oedon exist in the blood of all things or some shit like that?
>>
>>148408882
Lol pass?
>>
>>148408796
Pass is bbg if you're interested, friendo.
>>
>>148409012
i'll help too
>>
>>148408768
Believe what you want man, there no definite proof I can give you. But personally, I'd say a being who can exist only in voice, isn't going to be dying of natural causes
>>
>>148409012
whelp i got hit by phantom range through terrain. great lol
>>
Well that was a nice experience. I died trying to run past the cthulu guard. Ready for round 2?
>>
>>148409012
Ringing at the lamp
>>
>tfw play this game a shit ton but always too afraid of overleveling for PvP to get into ng+
>>
>>148409409
yep, ringing now. the cleaver dick hit me through a fucking staircase lol
>>
>>148409419
>>148409518
I've been ringing, familia. Want to reset real quick?
>>
>>148408609
That an entire species of incomprehensible eldritch beings would spend there time picking up hunters and hanging around on buildings is just too silly. Why would anyone with two eyes, let alone eyes on the inside treat them as a gods? Either the entire healing church is a prank by Moonman to make people worship space NEETs or Amy G's a lot more powerful than you think.
>>
>>148409428
You don't have to level in NG+. I keep my characters around 90-110 and have played through the game at least a few times with each of them. I still do good damage to enemies/bosses and very rarely get one-shot.
>>
File: 57893015_p11_master1200.jpg (555KB, 560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
57893015_p11_master1200.jpg
555KB, 560x1200px
Someone pls translate
>>
>>148409610
I'm the guy that said I could take him through, I'm not him
>>
>>148409713
What is the original source for the bottom image? I've seen a many different edits of it for many things.
>>
>>148409610
i'm getting rekt here fuuck.
>>
Well I got the eye pendant this time. Hopefully the run to the next shortcut won't end in disaster?
>>
>>148409907
tom cruise laugh
>>
>>148409923
Y'all need to let me join, where you at?
>>
>>148409610
>>148409610
i took my retard pills today. i'm no use sorry haha
>>
>>148409997
Almost at the second shortcut, senpai.

You gave me a good chuckle, Richard
>>
>>148409997
>>148410285
Second shortcut achieved. Ringing at lantern with pass bbg.
>>
>>148410302
Are you ringing there?

Also is the other cooperators name Richard?
>>
>>148410302
i've been drinking and other things a bit too much tonight haha
>>
>>148409937
Ah yes ok.

Now where's a weeb when you need one? I'm curious about the text now too.
>>
>>148409713
Probably the Great One complain about how they came down to bring enlightment to humanity only got beaten by that one hunter, which explains Gerhman, Master Willhem, Ludwig, and Lawrence laugh at their misery.
>>
>>148410395
second lantern in nightmare church? or first lantern in hunter's nigjhtmare?
>>
>>148410591
First in hunter's nightmare. Been ringing for a bit though. Should I reset.
>>
>>148410641
nope hang on
>>
>>148410641
I'm ringing, you still at the lamp?
>>
>>148410442
A weeb wouldn't help. That's Chinese.
>>
>>148410693
>>148410838
Piss4 shit itself. One sec guys. Resetting.
>>
>>148410693
>>148410838
Aight we ringing again.
>>
>>148410903
Huh ok. I thought it was just a fuckload of Kanji. Shows what I know I guess.
>>
>>148408768
I don't see how the Wet Nurse can be biological. If I remember correctly it can't even bleed.
>>
>>148410909
going through the hunter's nightmare with low health is definitely unforgiving.
>>
>>148411071
Honestly this is kinda silly. I took me forever to dance with that Poonhammer hunter 'cause I was afraid he'd 0HKO me.
>>
>>148411140
it's only going to get sillier once we start fighting ludwig
>>
What's the trigger for activating the doll again? I'm almost to Gascoigne and I'm getting nervous constantly carrying around 6k echoes.
>>
>>148411227
Having at least 1 insight.
>>
>>148411031
Y'all still there? I'm still not connected ;_;
>>
>>148411140
are you sure you have your pass set to bbg?
i've been ringing.
>>
>>148411260
Beckoner here. I'm still ringing but getting nothing. Time to reset everything?
>>
>>148411379
Idk, just reset my ps4 I'll try to ring again
>>
>>148411253
Shit, that means I need to fight Cleric Beast huh?
>>
>>148411379
i'm ringing again, pass bbg.
let's just give it about 10 minutes with no resets.
>>
>>148411587
Or use a madman's knowledge.
>>
>>148411458
>>148411621
I have no clue how to differentiate you two, but I've reset and am ringing.
>>
>>148411379
>>148411621

Cooperator that hasn't connected at all yet here, you guys are standing right next to the first lamp right?
>>
>>148411820
What are the odds that you're both named Richard. Sorry for dying like a bitch. I should let y'all do more of the work.
>>
Richard you motherfucker there can be only one

Signed yours truly, Richard with the Bloodletter
>>
>>148412075
i also have a +10 bloodletter in my inventory lol
>>
>>148412075
>>148412369
Both Richard, both BLT builds. What next?
Ringing at Nightmare Church this time.
>>
My bad didn't expect that bastard to punch me when he was turned
P.S it was the lag
>>
lmao fuck ludwig
>>
Well my steak is doing a solid 85 damage per hit. I'm clearly the damage carry here. I think we're in for the long haul, boys.
>>
>>148412818
well i have all night to attempt this.
switching back to chikage
>>
File: burd.png (144KB, 337x389px) Image search: [Google]
burd.png
144KB, 337x389px
Did anyone ever find that apparently ultra-rare rune and coldblood in the chalice dungeons?
>>
>>148412818
Jeez, what are you lot fighting? Sounds like a good time.
>>
>>148413057
Low level Hunter's Nightmare
>>
>>148413057
They're co'oping Ludwig with a BL32.
>>
>>148413057
>>148412972
>>148413125
Level 32 vs Ludwig. We almost got him to second form this time, comrades. Next time for sure! Let me get more madman's knowledge from the bank real quick.
>>
>>148413125
>>148413158
>>148413217

Brave bastards. Best of luck out there.
>>
Alright bbg what would dream patch notes be for a theoretical final update. Hardmode: actually feasable.

> NG+ and beyond have bellringers in every area even while solo
> Bellringers in Frontier and Mensis don't despawn once boss is killed
> ringing Sinister bell always summons a Bellringer even if you killed the boss
> Layer 3/4 Chalice bosses ALWAYS drop the highest rating gem avalible in that Depth
> Broccoli Mode and Beast Mode make you suseptable to Kin/Beast modifiers in PVP
> Added in Depth 4 and 5 Hintertomb root Chalice's in the Depth 3 Hintertomb messenger store
> NG+ and beyond replace Wandering Madness drops with Chunks
> adjusted Bloodletting Beasts slam hitbox
> Fixed Tontrius' incorrect display of a buff at full HP
>>
That was completely my bad, no lag involved. I'm not used to dodging him when he isn't coming after me
>>
>>148413561
it's all good. i think this is a learning experience for all of us. i'm going to keep drinking though haha. i have more fun playing this drunk
>>
>>148413643
Lol it's becoming clear to me that a level 43 maybe wasn't the best choice to do this on
>>
>>148413561
>>148413643
I've never used the Stakedriver before, and I'm definitely not used to doing almost no damage. Also 12 VIT. Sorry for the downscale.
>>
>>148413445
One that keeps the game running at a stable 30fps. I don't really care about "low" fps in games if it isn't gamebreaking, but coming back to BB after a long hiatus really makes me notice how much input delay there is.
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713142122.jpg (297KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160713142122.jpg
297KB, 1920x1080px
Why does old Yahrnam have a completely different sky than the rest of the world when you enter the Blood Moon phase?
>>
>>148413770
i did this on my skl build lvl 43 with one coop and a old hunter bot. it's dooable
>>
If anyone wants to help a level 17 shite murder Gascoigne, I'm ringing outside the gate. Just trying to get to cainhurst asap
>>
Fuck sorry guys. I thought I timed my dodge correctly. I was a little early.
>>
>>148414146
No problem, we're making progress. He at least showed us his glowing dick this time
>>
>>148414146
we'll get this
>>
>>148414105
Yeah I'll help you
Password?
>>
File: [remaining calm].jpg (184KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
[remaining calm].jpg
184KB, 640x480px
>chalice rom
>adds kill me in a single leap, rom kills me in a half a crystal volley
thank fuck there's pillars to let you pick them off but this is still painful
i hate horde bosses
>>
>>148414256
Lmao that name. At least now I can tell y'all apart.
>>
File: 1468342191223.jpg (33KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
1468342191223.jpg
33KB, 400x347px
does killing the final boss still force you into NG+?
>>
>>148414508
Yea it does.
>>
>>148413856
No men there

The blood moon already rose over Old Yharnam
>>
>>148414508
Yes it sends you to it immediately.
>>
>>148414354
Well my fucking wired internet connection just died temporarily, but I'm booted back up and the pas is bbg
>>
>>148414390
>tfw i finally realised i can kill spiders before killing Rom
Funny how i always assumed that he will spawn them without an end, either way in chalice killing spiders one by one first is a good idea instead of rushing Rom, takes forever though
>>
File: howl.gif (978KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
howl.gif
978KB, 500x245px
>>148414767
>>
>>148414767
I tend to kill the first wave of spiders where Rom doesn't attack at all, and just rush Rom for every other wave.
>>
ringing
>>
>>148414834
Same
>>
I'm still ringing, Richards. Nothing on this end though.
>>
>>148414935
this game's multiplayer function is so odd sometimes.
>>
>>148414834
>>148414904
Reset?
>>
Didn't expect someone else to join during the cutscene. You guys wanna go through cathedral ward as well?
>>
>>148414570
>>148414582
thanks
>>
>>148415147
Sure
>>
>>148415116
i reset, ringing now
>>
What do you think about Necropolis?
In my opinion it has great mechanics, style and atmosphere and would be super fun in group but severely lacks content and is short, no bosses, not enough items and magic and there should be more level types which would be explored in a random manner
>>
Alright I reset, but every time I load into game it says there was some sort of error and kicks me back to the title screen. Seems to be working now though.
>>
>>148415452
Has shit combat, and thus isn't something I'm interested in. Shame because I love dungeon crawlers and it seems like an interesting concept.
>>
>>148415228
I forgot, I need to open a gate or something before I csn summon. I'll just wait until Amelia

>>148415515
Bruh, same exact thing is happening to me except to all Internet devices in my house. Something weird is going on.
>>
Sorry, Richards. Internet is giving me a little bit of trouble. I wish I could get a wired connection in this house.
>>
>>148415452
A worst version of chalice dungeons with more detail put into the character than absolutely anything else. The co-op isn't user friendly in the slightest, the UI is awful, and there's loads of unfinished content that was just left in the files that won't ever get finished unless the game sells "well".
>>
>>148415452
Looked at a few minutes of gameplay. Looks like a hasty clone of Salt and Sanctuary which is just a hasty clone of DaS.

Are we entering the world of "souls-like/souls-esque"? I don't want to live in that world.
>>
>>148415778
Do you have Comcast? I'm wired up and my internet, phone's internet, and TV keep going out.
>>
>>148415970
Nah. I had Comcast in the last apartment though and their service sucked more dick than Freddie Mercury. I have Bright House now.
>>
>>148415778
i'll be here ringing. i'm patient.
>>
>>148415942
We've been in that world since Lords of the Fallen, and given that Nioh is happening I doubt we're going to be leaving anytime soon.
>>
>>148413856
Same reason Duke's Archives isn't affected by turning Anor Londo dark. Not enough dev time.

The real question is why a floating statue was added to Old Yharnam's sky in 1.08?
>>
>>148416073
What the heck are you on about a statue m8?
>>
>>148416162
Go to Old Yharnam lamp. Walk out the front door (with Djura's warning written on it), then look up.

You'll never unsee it.
>>
Holy shit you body-blocked me. I wasn't expecting that at all. Gave me a good chuckle.
>>
>>148416019
But Nioh is actually unique in its mechanics, and S&S actually translated everything except writing and art direction well into a 2D format. Lords of the Fallen has been the most shameful attempt to leech off of Souls success so far.
>>
>>148416073
Nope, it's because blood moon has already fucked over Old Yharnam, and has now expanded to the rest of the city. Cainhurst is not affected either because it has yet to expand that far.

The statue supposedly has to do with one of those performance adjustments we always hear about in From patch notes but that's really just baseless speculation.
>>
>>148416320
I'm pretty excited for Nioh. I really liked the whole stance idea. I think it went a little hard in the paint for the whole "You will die" thing, but other than that I enjoyed it. I hope it has an actual story though, because the demo really didn't show much of anything in that respect.
>>
>>148344307
Bumping this, because I would like to make her too. Also, now that we're on the topic of sliderfus - Can you post some more attractive characters? Males and females are both welcome.
>>
>>148416456
It's made by Team Ninja, if there's a story it'll be complete ass.
>>
>>148416320
But those unique mechanics in Nioh are the only thing it has going for it. Nothing else has impressed me at all. It could certainly get better, but it definitely started off on the wrong foot.
>>
>>148416320
idk, Necropolis is pretty terrible, and the devs of that game go pretty hard with the "this game is difficult" thing. Lords of the Fallen is at least just as awful though.
>>
>>148416631
Whether or not it impressed you doesn't mean it has nothing going for it bruv. The entire point of Nioh is likely going to be demanding gameplay with a high skill ceiling, it doesn't really need anything else other than good level design and good enemy choreography.

>>148416772
When the other anon said it was dungeon crawler I just assumed it was like Diablo or something, I've never heard about it until just now so I wasn't trying to factor that into my post.
>>
>>148416772
>SPOILERS: You'll probably die trying
Hadn't even really started the damn game yet, but I wanted to abandon it forever the second that came up. Instead I abandoned it forever thirty minutes later. Should've just gone with my gut and fapped instead.
>>
Son of a bitch, I'm always on his left side when he swipes
>>
>>148416409
Old Yharnam is between Central and Cathederal Ward, the bridge to Gasgoine is located on top of BSB's boss room. If Yharnam was an actual city and not a game with enclosed areas hiding loading you could theoretically climb up the wall and have the sky in view the entire time. Are you saying the sky should magically swap?
>>
>>148416901
That's true, a good action game is a good action game, but that doesn't mean they should stop at a good combat system and call it a day. There's something to fancy animations like DMC3 or Bayonetta that make an action game what it is.
>>
I only have 5 insight left, Richards. I'm getting worried. I'm also more than slightly embarrassed that I'm the one that keeps dying.
>>
>>148417047
Yeah, dude. That's exactly what it should be doing. That's exactly why they had to burn Old Yharnam in the first place, except at that point it was an inversion of what happens when we play.
>>
Just spent the better half of an hour trying to remember where Old Yharnam was, just to see that statue floating in the sky. I can't believe I've never noticed that.
>>
>>148417161
i wish this was like dark souls where i could drop items for you
>>
>>148416901
Really the only thing about it that's Diablo like is the item drops. Otherwise it's just a slower DS2 set in chalice dungeons with pretty poor assets. If the whole game was about as detailed as the character it would actually have a pretty good art style despite everything else.
>>
>>148417320
I thought it wasn't possible to get slower gameplay than DS2.
>>
>>148417048
In my opinion Nioh would lose something if the attacks from enemies or the player were as flashy as they were in Platinum's games. Instead of the team focusing on things like that, I'd rather them actually try to make the narrative or dare I fucking say "lore" more interesting. I'm pretty sure half of the reason they put the game in feudal Japan is so they wouldn't have to explain why demons are coming out of the ground and all the samurai have gone crazy.
>>
>>148417161
We can do this in 4 tries
>>
>>148417413
You can play any Zelda game with the iron boots on for most of it and be only a little slower than you are in this game. If the devs are ever encouraged to finish the game after looking at the sales one of the first things they should do is try their hand at something like a turbo mode.
>>
>>148417320
Just looked up some gameplay. I feel sorry for anyone that was excited by this, the combat looks atrocious.
>>
fuck yeah!
>>
I'd say we did it, but you two carried the fuck out of me. It only took almost all of my insight and almost 4 hours. God bless you two. Thanks for the fun time.
>>
>>148417635
A lot of people that were following it lost their interest when they delayed the game back in march to work on the ports, so it's really all good in the end.
>>
>>148417746
you're welcome bud. it definitely made a difference when i spammed the shit out of my evelyn and bone marrow ash haha
>>
Anyone up for some forbidden woods?

Password is bbg
>>
>>148417978
I'm on my way
>>
>>148417746
No problem man, enjoy that HMLS
>>
>From doesn't actually own Bloodborne
>even though Miyazaki has no intentions of continuing it Sony could just have another dev with no clue what they're doing make a sequel

At least there's always the chance we could get a DeS remaster since they own that too. There aren't too many ways you could fuck THAT up.
>>
>>148418094
Doesn't seem to be working. Let me try restarting my game.
>>
Ringing again at forbidden woods.

Password is bbg

Hope we can connect now.
>>
>>148418404
Allright. Got 2 guys.
>>
Redpill me on arcane /bbg/
>>
>>148418952
it's shit. go skl or blt
>>
>>148418952
It's fun. Pure ARC with Parasite is viable, STR/ARC with Wheel/HMS/Tonitrus/Boomhammer is viable. With either of them any pure physical weapon is viable
Basically you can use almost anything in the game and do tons of damage while also being able to gem for specific enemies and bosses better than any other build while also having access to the Hunter Tools.
>>
>>148418952
It's not a fun build to make, the toolset sucks, your weapons are extremely limited, and in order to use the parasite you have to look like cauliflower. I made it, it's not worth it.
>>
>>148419067
And when I say your weapons are limited, I mean weapons made specifically for an ARC build.
>>
>>148418952
you either get gud and find it one of the best builds or you don't enjoy it at all.
if you don't like farming for chalice gems just go with a hunter tools setup.
>>
>>148418952
>>148418952
Have you ever wanted to completely trivialize bosses that are typically seen as difficult? Have you ever wanted comically high damage bonuses against virtually any enemy you come across? Have you ever wanted to be a goddamn space wizard?

Arc is super fun, and you get access to virtually any weapon you want, provided you have the minimum physical stats. The gem grind is pretty awful though.
>>
File: kos.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kos.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>148419183
>using pve to try and convince him
Every build is good in pve at some point you nerd. For the anon that asked: Just go fucking powder keg my guy
>>
>>148419336
>powder cuck
No thanks
>>
>>148419336
>pushing the powder keg meme
>doesn't even post the right version of that micolash picture
>>
To Amelia and Albatross, if you're still interested I will be near the shadows fog gate.
>>
>>148419450
Spotted the corpse fucker

>>148419507
>right version
>implying
>>
>>148419546
I'll be ringing at burger town as well. Not really a fan of rom.
>>
Game is too short 2bh
>>
>>148420178
No, it just looks the same for too long.
>>
Thanks for the assist m8s.
>>
>>148421671
>>148421671
new
>>148421671
>>148421671
Thread posts: 774
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.